PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Econo Tech
06-20-14, 08:36
They all have reading lights but A321's are wired with video screen at each seat. Amazing advantage for Airbus. Wonder why my Philippine Airlines flights on 321 didn't have such screens. I am sad now.

While the 2 planes are very close in size and weight, B737-900 ER uses 2 GE turbo fans with about 55,000 lbs thrust, the A321-200 uses 2 Pratt-Whitney / Rolls Royce engines with 66,000 lbs thrust that supposedly burn about 5% less fuel. It's hard to believe Pratt&Whitney can make engines that much better. That extra performance must incur extra costs in either initial price or maintenance. With the same weight and 22% more thrust, the A321 will fly faster. Amazing stuff. No wonder Boeing is shutting down soon. I guess.

My main beef with Airbus is their structure designs are known to be weaker than Boeing's. With all the weight savings using fly-by-wire system, their tails' designs are not strong enough. There have been Airbuses that lost rudders in turbulence and crashed.Unsafe planes are deadly. Now I am Philippines and all flight back to Singapore are on one or another version of Airbus. Including SIA. Can you save me?

Or do I have to swim back to Singapore?

Ikksman
06-20-14, 08:43
I thought the original post was a bit funny. Hope the two of you can figure out how to stop the name calling. X.Agreed. Temporary blackout on my part!

Cheers X.

LukeSkywalker
06-20-14, 18:30
Hard liquours may have chemicals that may poison your body if taken in large amount, but major-brand beers are mostly water with not much chemicals.

It's all about how your body adapt to various chemicals used in brewing or distilling.

I have drunk so much beers of so many crazy brands all over the world, that my body developed resistance to adverse reactions to any chemicals used in beers brewing process. For me nothing quenches my thirst better than a few cold beers. The beers' minerals just help hydrating all my organs and muscles faster and in the most satisfying ways.

I was sitting in the afternoon heat at a grimy table at a chicken BBQ place on Fields Ave in AC, eating their broiled chicken, washing down with cold San Miguels, thinking foods and drinks just would not get any better than that.

But I am 100% against drinking and driving, or much worse, piloting planes. High altitudes can make alcohol effects far more severe than at ground level. Paramount Pictures recently distributed a movie "Flight," wherein the captain, played by Denzel Washington, allegedly took cocaine hits and downed 4 small Vodka bottles in the cockpit before he managed to save his wildly out-of-control plane.

That's a lot of stupid bullshit, bordering on criminal intent for box office money, on the part of Paramount Pictures. Any airlines' accidents in the future can make Paramount Pictures partially liable of losses.

Alcohol doesn't do any good to beat de-hydration so there is a big contradiction. Leave the health recommendations to the professionals, better.

The good say "don't drink and drive" sometime should apply in a different way to those having difficulties to drive: "just drink don't drive", but that is another story.

Member #4387
06-22-14, 10:04
On my last arrival into T3 with Cebu Air Pacific the arrival hall was loaded with people tagged "us embassy". They went around scoping for something and with first eye contact they "how are you sir". Felt kind of creepy as I was amongst the first into the rather empty baggaclaim area (except from 20 or so US Embassy tagged persons). While waiting for luggage on the belt these gauy and girls mixed in with the crowd and just kept eyebowling their "victims". What was all this about, I am not a US citizen, but still felt kreeped up by all the looks. Do the US have authority on phil soil as well? I was lucky to get my bag rather early and no questions were beeing asked but they were also present infront of the custom booths. They were on the look for something. I got the hell out of there as I don't feel connected to the US (great country and everything) and I atleast not feel I have to answer to the US gvmnt in anyway as I carry a diff citizenship.

Mr Hawaii
06-23-14, 08:05
If you are flying PAL into terminal 2, do not take just any taxi. My usual practice is to go out the door, up the stairs to the departure area, and take a metered taxi that just dropped off passengers. This time the stairway was barricaded, and security was standing there. WTF?? While looking for metered taxi, some guy approached me and offered his services. I followed him to a stand where he showed me the "official" price of P1600 to Makati. I said no thanks, and found the yellow metered taxi stand. Instead of "flagdrop" price of P40, the yellow airport taxis start at P70. Not bad.

Econo Tech
06-24-14, 04:36
If you are flying PAL into terminal 2, do not take just any taxi. My usual practice is to go out the door, up the stairs to the departure area, and take a metered taxi that just dropped off passengers. This time the stairway was barricaded, and security was standing there. WTF?? While looking for metered taxi, some guy approached me and offered his services. I followed him to a stand where he showed me the "official" price of P1600 to Makati. I said no thanks, and found the yellow metered taxi stand. Instead of "flagdrop" price of P40, the yellow airport taxis start at P70. Not bad.Last week my arrival was at 2 am, I booked a airport pickup for 1,000 from T2 to Pasay victory.

As expected when arrived all yellow taxis were MIA and Touts were offering 2500 .

I still felt happy to tip the Blue Horizon Travel pickup 1000 plus 200 tip.

World class airport? Noooo.

On another weekday arrival at 6 pm, the yellow taxis were MIA and since I wasn't in a rush I queue'd and waited till 8 pm to get a yellow taxi, though the luxury taxis were too many.

Meter 200 vs Touts 2000 .

Mafia operation in work.

Slippery
06-24-14, 05:39
On my last arrival into T3 with Cebu Air Pacific the arrival hall was loaded with people tagged "us embassy". They went around scoping for something and with first eye contact they "how are you sir". Felt kind of creepy as I was amongst the first into the rather empty baggaclaim area (except from 20 or so US Embassy tagged persons). While waiting for luggage on the belt these gauy and girls mixed in with the crowd and just kept eyebowling their "victims". What was all this about, I am not a US citizen, but still felt kreeped up by all the looks. Do the US have authority on phil soil as well? I was lucky to get my bag rather early and no questions were beeing asked but they were also present infront of the custom booths. They were on the look for something. I got the hell out of there as I don't feel connected to the US (great country and everything) and I atleast not feel I have to answer to the US gvmnt in anyway as I carry a diff citizenship.That's downright creepy.

Amanut
06-24-14, 20:50
I'm moving this over from the Angeles thread.

Sammon,

Some additional information for you to show you that she was being scammed etc is from the Gulf News in the UAE that ran a half page article about Filipina maids and visas, as the minimum wage is $400, with a day off each week plus protection. The is a 'dispute' between the 2 countries on the contracts and many bemoan the fact that Filipina maids are not available because "less the least trouble and have the best grasp of English".

The fact that other nations are banning maids to the Middle East tells you a lot about why the girls want to work for western not Arab or Indian families in the region.

So if you are in contact with the person let her know, as DH work in the Middle East for a local family especially is not recommended.

Seems IJM not really care about those people even though many reports of bad treatment (ILO did a report a few years ago for example).

Here is the link.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/employment/hiring-filipino-maids-in-uae-just-got-tougher-1.1351275There are lots of similar reports about recruiters sending workers to Canada. A copy of a contract that meets government requirements is presented to immigration at the time the worker applies for a visa. The worker is only given a second contract with a lower wage that the employer tries to commit the worker to on arrival in Canada.

On that note, if you are aware of workers in the midst of applying for visas to work in Canada they should be very cautious. Last week the government imposed changes on the foreign worker program that make the restrictions of some middle east countries seem almost humanitarian. Many of the applications submitted by employers before the changes are being returned to the applicant business owners unprocessed.

OFWs should be checking with the Canadian Consulate directly to make sure there really is a legitimate offer of employment. I'm sure with the latest restrictions the recruiters will be working overtime to continue generating income.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/kenney-defends-top-to-bottom-overhaul-of-temporary-foreign-worker-program-1.1880699

LukeSkywalker
06-24-14, 22:13
The US embassies worldwide employ a lot of local people to do varieties of work for them, usually indirectly through local employment agencies, to process visas, investigate backgrounds, maids, cooks, gardeners, janitors etc.

There are no reasons to be afraid of employees fo the US Embassies. On contrary you can hire lawyers to sue for large money anyone in employment with the US government for criminal or civil liabilities if they mistreat you in any ways. The US government would rather pay for settlements rather than paying their expensive lawyers or risk exposing personal or official info about embassy's personnel during litigation, like how many pinays the ambassador was screwing on the side etc.

In this specific case, not knowing more details, I suspect these people were low-paid, clerical workers who were assigned to meet and transport a group of inbound passengers to their living quarters.

US security personnel. Like the Secret Service, usually wear dark suits, eye shades, with earphones in their ears. If they inconvenience or damage you in anyway, yuo can have your lawyers send your claims to Mr. Barrack Obama, the Whitehouse, Pennsylvania Ave. , Washington DC.

I heard the Venzuelan prostitute in Cartagena got a very good offer from someone to hush up from babbling how the US Secret Service guys were a bunch of bumbling amateurs with tiny limp dicks. Hehe.

On my last arrival into T3 with Cebu Air Pacific the arrival hall was loaded with people tagged "us embassy". They went around scoping for something and with first eye contact they "how are you sir". Felt kind of creepy as I was amongst the first into the rather empty baggaclaim area (except from 20 or so US Embassy tagged persons). While waiting for luggage on the belt these gauy and girls mixed in with the crowd and just kept eyebowling their "victims". What was all this about, I am not a US citizen, but still felt kreeped up by all the looks. Do the US have authority on phil soil as well? I was lucky to get my bag rather early and no questions were beeing asked but they were also present infront of the custom booths. They were on the look for something. I got the hell out of there as I don't feel connected to the US (great country and everything) and I atleast not feel I have to answer to the US gvmnt in anyway as I carry a diff citizenship.

LukeSkywalker
06-25-14, 00:02
Below is a good example how Devyani_Khobragade, an Indian diplomat, used fake employment contract and making false statements on visa application to underpay foreign workers in her employment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devyani_Khobragade_incident

I suspect Canada would view the exploitation of foreign workers in similar light.

I'm moving this over from the Angeles thread.

There are lots of similar reports about recruiters sending workers to Canada. A copy of a contract that meets government requirements is presented to immigration at the time the worker applies for a visa. The worker is only given a second contract with a lower wage that the employer tries to commit the worker to on arrival in Canada.

On that note, if you are aware of workers in the midst of applying for visas to work in Canada they should be very cautious. Last week the government imposed changes on the foreign worker program that make the restrictions of some middle east countries seem almost humanitarian. Many of the applications submitted by employers before the changes are being returned to the applicant business owners unprocessed.

OFWs should be checking with the Canadian Consulate directly to make sure there really is a legitimate offer of employment. I'm sure with the latest restrictions the recruiters will be working overtime to continue generating income.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/kenney-defends-top-to-bottom-overhaul-of-temporary-foreign-worker-program-1.1880699

Slippery
06-25-14, 00:41
The US embassies worldwide employ a lot of local people to do varieties of work for them, usually indirectly through local employment agencies, to process visas, investigate backgrounds, maids, cooks, gardeners, janitors etc.

There are no reasons to be afraid of employees fo the US Embassies. On contrary you can hire lawyers to sue for large money anyone in employment with the US government for criminal or civil liabilities if they mistreat you in any ways. The US government would rather pay for settlements rather than paying their expensive lawyers or risk exposing personal or official info about embassy's personnel during litigation, like how many pinays the ambassador was screwing on the side etc.

In this specific case, not knowing more details, I suspect these people were low-paid, clerical workers who were assigned to meet and transport a group of inbound passengers to their living quarters.

US security personnel. Like the Secret Service, usually wear dark suits, eye shades, with earphones in their ears. If they inconvenience or damage you in anyway, yuo can have your lawyers send your claims to Mr. Barrack Obama, the Whitehouse, Pennsylvania Ave. , Washington DC.

I heard the Venzuelan prostitute in Cartagena got a very good offer from someone to hush up from babbling how the US Secret Service guys were a bunch of bumbling amateurs with tiny limp dicks. Hehe.What uttter basura this is.

Amavida
06-25-14, 02:07
Last week my arrival was at 2 am, I booked a airport pickup for 1,000 from T2 to Pasay victory.

As expected when arrived all yellow taxis were MIA and Touts were offering 2500 .

I still felt happy to tip the Blue Horizon Travel pickup 1000 plus 200 tip.

World class airport? Noooo.

On another weekday arrival at 6 pm, the yellow taxis were MIA and since I wasn't in a rush I queue'd and waited till 8 pm to get a yellow taxi, though the luxury taxis were too many.

Meter 200 vs Touts 2000 .

Mafia operation in work.Those prices you're quoting are shocking. I agree the yellows are rarely around. I've used a private driver or family for a long time. To hear these prices it seems things are deteriorating at NAIA. Its always been the case that a savy traveler could save a lot of money by RTFF but this seems out of control.

AV.

Mr Hawaii
06-28-14, 06:58
I don't mind telling this story because I have only met one of you. Was staying at Pan Pacific Hotel last week, and I needed a few items laundered. Too cheap to send to hotel laundry, so I walked my few items next door. Go out the lobby, turn left. The first shop is a money changer (whose rates are not good), and the second shop is Fa'eza Wash Stop. That is where I left my laundry. Cost me 120 pesos.

Was happy to finish that chore. Go back to my room, take a nice bath, put on the hotel robe, take short nap. Wake up, time to get ready to go out. I look for wallet. Look in safe for wallet. No wallet. WTF? Then it dawned on me. I left my wallet in the back pocket of the shorts I took to the cleaners. I seldom carry my wallet with me, usually leaving it in the safe. Of course your mind races. Inside my wallet were 2 credit cards, and a photocopy of my driver's license, and $30 USD.

I threw on shorts, sandals, shirt, and walked rather briskly to the cleaners. I tried to show no concern as I entered the store. The girl at the front desk smiled and asked me, "Would you like your wallet, sir?" I checked it out, everything was intact, and I gave them enough to buy dinner that night.

Now, if you leave your wallet in a taxi, . Different story. Be careful, be safe.

Docwiltro
07-03-14, 09:53
On my last arrival into T3 with Cebu Air Pacific the arrival hall was loaded with people tagged "us embassy". They went around scoping for something and with first eye contact they "how are you sir". Felt kind of creepy as I was amongst the first into the rather empty baggaclaim area (except from 20 or so US Embassy tagged persons). While waiting for luggage on the belt these gauy and girls mixed in with the crowd and just kept eyebowling their "victims". What was all this about, I am not a US citizen, but still felt kreeped up by all the looks. Do the US have authority on phil soil as well? I was lucky to get my bag rather early and no questions were beeing asked but they were also present infront of the custom booths. They were on the look for something. I got the hell out of there as I don't feel connected to the US (great country and everything) and I atleast not feel I have to answer to the US gvmnt in anyway as I carry a diff citizenship.Today, I heard DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson say that Homeland Security was going to give foreign airports that have direct flights to the US extra scrutiny because of what's been happening in Syria and Iraq. Although he was a little vague, it has something to do with the foreign fighters entering Syria and Iraq with either US or European passports.

AussieGaigin
07-03-14, 10:25
This was in our local travel news today in Australia:

The United States said on Wednesday it would increase security at overseas airports with nonstop flights to the country and US officials cited concerns al Qaeda operatives in Syria and Yemen were developing bombs that could be smuggled onto planes.

The new security measures would be required at airports in Europe, Africa and the Middle East that have direct flights, the US officials said on condition of anonymity.

The Department of Homeland Security said "enhanced security measures" would be implemented in the next few days at "certain overseas airports with direct flights into the United States".

It did not specify which airports or what countries would be affected, nor did it say what triggered the extra precautions.

"We are sharing recent and relevant information with our foreign allies and are consulting the aviation industry," DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said in a statement.

Johnson said he directed the Transportation Security Administration to implement the measures in the coming days. The move comes during the summer travel season and days before the July 4 holiday.

A US official said some of the new measures would involve additional inspections of passengers' shoes and property.

The official said Washington had legal authority to enforce new security requirements on foreign governments or airports because the flights go directly to the United States.

Earlier, law enforcement and security officials said the United States and European authorities were discussing measures that could include installation of additional bomb-detection machines.

Bombmakers from the Nusra Front, al Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, and Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, are believed to be working together to try to develop explosives that could avoid detection by current airport screening systems, US national security sources said.

The main concern is that militant groups could try to blow up US- or Europe-bound planes by concealing bombs on foreign fighters carrying Western passports who spent time with Islamist rebel factions in the region, the sources said.

AQAP has a track record of plotting such attacks. It was behind a 2009 attempt by a militant with a bomb hidden in his underwear to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner.

There was no immediate indication US intelligence had detected a specific plot or time frame for carrying out an attack.

US officials believe Nusra and AQAP operatives have carried out operational testing of new bomb designs in Syria, where Nusra is one of the main Islamist groups fighting to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad, a national security source said.

The "stealth" explosives the bombmakers are trying to design include non-metallic bombs, ABC News in US reported.

But officials are especially worried that the recent battlefield successes of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL, an al Qaeda splinter group, have drawn a growing number of militants from America and Europe to the jihadist cause and they would have easy access to flights headed for American cities.

Reuters.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-planning/travel-news/us-increases-security-measures-at-overseas-airports-amid-bomb-concerns-20140703-3b9kj.html#ixzz36 ObKAPAH.

A158
07-03-14, 22:42
Hello friends.

Any one having luck with the DIA website? Please let me know.

Cheers.

A158.

Member #4387
07-03-14, 23:38
Hello friends.

Cheers.

A158.Over the last 10 years or so I have no exact numbers on how many Dia contacts I have shagged but we are talking in hundreds. Recent years I have moved my business elsewhere but have allways kept half an eye to Dia as well to scope for decent to stunning Makatibased spinners. Now you know.

A158
07-04-14, 03:53
Over the last 10 years or so I have no exact numbers on how many Dia contacts I have shagged but we are talking in hundreds. Recent years I have moved my business elsewhere but have allways kept half an eye to Dia as well to scope for decent to stunning Makatibased spinners. Now you know.So just for my information, most of the ones you shagged are really looking for a BF or a sugar daddy? Right? I think I am approaching it wrong. I'm asking too many questions and also asking for photos etc. Any hints with these Asian women will be appreciated.

Cheers.

A158.

Hutsori
07-04-14, 07:51
Hello friends.

Cheers.

A158.After being on there for approx 1.5 years and meeting many girls I was booted. After making a new account and posting my profile, which was exactly the same as the one I used for that 1.5 years, I was booted again in less than 2 minutes. This suggests to me that they implemented new keyword filters to scrutinise the profiles and perhaps the messages. Take care with the words you use in your profile; I was crystal clear describing what I was looking for and I surmise this was my undoing. Anyway, no great tragedy as I was using other sites more.

Ikksman
07-04-14, 09:26
After being on there for approx 1.5 years and meeting many girls I was booted. After making a new account and posting my profile, which was exactly the same as the one I used for that 1.5 years, I was booted again in less than 2 minutes. This suggests to me that they implemented new keyword filters to scrutinise the profiles and perhaps the messages. Take care with the words you use in your profile; I was crystal clear describing what I was looking for and I surmise this was my undoing. Anyway, no great tragedy as I was using other sites more.Even if you use a VPN, clear your cookies and even flash cookies, you are still able to be identified (or more accurately, the computer and software that you are using). COTS software can readily be purchased that can uniquely identify you.

Perhaps, DIA is using this type of software.

Cheers.

P.S. Even more sophisticated software exists that builds profiles that are able to identify you even when using multiple computers. In China, authorities are integrating these software capabilities with CCTV imaging technologies to create even more powerful identification and tracking capabilities. This and related technologies are not commercially available except to government departments in China and selected 'friendly' countries.

Hutsori
07-04-14, 09:51
Even if you use a VPN, clear your cookies and even flash cookies, you are still able to be identified (or more accurately, the computer and software that you are using). COTS software can readily be purchased that can uniquely identify you.

Perhaps, DIA is using this type of software.

Cheers.
It is a possibility. The reason is believe it was due to forbidden words is I was able to create the new account, receive the verification email, provide my mobile, receive the SMS message with the validation code, enter that code, and then access my new and empty profile. Upon entering my text in the profile and saving it I was booted. Personally I don't know why DIA goes through the trouble. It isn't subscription based; girls quitting doesn't end a monthly, quarterly or yearly subscription. I can't imagine any ads on the site interest the girls, and if they did most of the girls don't have credit cards or paypay needed to participate in ecommerce. Can a bloke order a gift on DIA for a girl? I don't recall. How does the site make money? It's been a long while since I joined but I remember that new profiles were manually reviewed and approved by a real person. A couple of times I found my original profile had been edited significantly, so I re-added the missing text (not just words, but paragraphs) and was able to continue on without a consequence. Perhaps DIA let the profile-review staff go to reduce labour costs, replacing these workers with automation.

FreebieFan
07-04-14, 09:53
. in china, authorities are integrating these software capabilities with cctv imaging technologies to create even more powerful identification and tracking capabilities. this and related technologies are not commercially available except to government departments in china .thanks ikks. i really don't want to know this. i just like to have a nice quiet peaceful under the radar, mongering life.

i watch what i say to everyone on dia and am polite on all other sites.

but i'm sure the [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) ess bee know exactly who we are. where we are. where we go and who we are with.

life used to be so much easier. sigh.

Amanut
07-04-14, 14:35
I too am cautious about what I say on DIA. The other day I was chatting with what appeared to be a very attractive woman in Cebu who was not so subtly looking for assistance to supposedly apply for a job. We moved our conversation over to YM and the requests accelerated. She of course did not have a cam which sealed it for me. I reported her to DIA as asking for money is a strict no no on that site. They closed her profile within minutes. Under the messages we had exchanged in big bold red letters was written "banned".

The next time we chatted on YM she of course still did not have a cam, but told me she had closed her DIA profile as now that she had found me she was my one and only LOL. I blocked her on YM as well.

So be careful what you write on DIA as they react very quickly. I suspect the reverse could be true as well. It could likely only take a woman who has hurt feelings to make a frivolous complaint and your gone.

Roll Aides
07-04-14, 16:33
I too am cautious about what I say on DIA. The other day I was chatting with what appeared to be a very attractive woman in Cebu who was not so subtly looking for assistance to supposedly apply for a job. We moved our conversation over to YM and the requests accelerated. She of course did not have a cam which sealed it for me. I reported her to DIA as asking for money is a strict no no on that site. They closed her profile within minutes. Under the messages we had exchanged in big bold red letters was written "banned".

The next time we chatted on YM she of course still did not have a cam, but told me she had closed her DIA profile as now that she had found me she was my one and only LOL. I blocked her on YM as well.

So be careful what you write on DIA as they react very quickly. I suspect the reverse could be true as well. It could likely only take a woman who has hurt feelings to make a frivolous complaint and your gone.This is good advice. They seemed to have moved from allowing anything, to a rather over-reactive policy. I would recommend that if you have any contacts on there that you don't want to lose, make sure you have that information backed up somewhere else. Profiles can evaporate at a moment's notice.

TheDude865
07-06-14, 22:11
Those prices you're quoting are shocking. I agree the yellows are rarely around. I've used a private driver or family for a long time. To hear these prices it seems things are deteriorating at NAIA. Its always been the case that a savy traveler could save a lot of money by RTFF but this seems out of control.

AV.Those prices are way up. I was in Manila last April and I got my ride from T2 700 plus 200 tip. The ride back to T2 a few days later was 700 and I tipped 500 to this driver, but he almost walked me all the way to the gate with my bags. LOL.

WestCoast1
07-07-14, 02:55
Those prices are way up. I was in Manila last April and I got my ride from T2 700 plus 200 tip. The ride back to T2 a few days later was 700 and I tipped 500 to this driver, but he almost walked me all the way to the gate with my bags. LOL.My flight from the province to Manila arrived a few minutes early at 3:45 pm on Cebu Pacific (what terminal is that?) To avoid the yellow taxi mafia, I elevatored up to Level 3 (departures) and found the (80-meter long) white taxi line and fell in. There were lots of white taxi's, and signs saying "Be careful the white taxi's blah blah. " A 20-minute wait in the Manila heat made me kick myself for not ordering up the p600 hotel taxi from Makati. However, once inside the white metered taxi the driver asked if I wanted to take the p20 skyway and I told him yes. Once on the skyway I saw only one other vehicle going in my direction the entire way, and we zipped right along. Even after exiting the skyway, traffic was light (Sunday afternoon), only stopping us at the red lights. I think from the time I stepped into the taxi, to stepping out in front of the hotel, was a whopping 15 minutes. Cost on the meter? P120. Skyway add p20, so p140. Lovely! I handed him p200 and felt good about it. Admittedly at the airport I was tempted to offer him p350 to NOT bother with the meter.

Felt so good about saving the 150 that I walked myself over to Howzatt Sports Bar and got myself a beef / guiness pie and a beer. Cheers!

Poolmover
07-07-14, 03:30
Ok. I RTFF and can't find information on travel from LAX to MNL. Searched for LAX, flights, etc, but shot blanks(...sorry for ostensibly disturbing metaphor).

So I'm just looking for seasoned expertise. Should I take the shorter and direct Philippine airlines at about $300 US more but 4 hours less or take the one stop approach? If the latter, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

PM.

WestCoast1
07-07-14, 04:01
Ok. I RTFF and can't find information on travel from LAX to MNL. Searched for LAX, flights, etc, but shot blanks(...sorry for ostensibly disturbing metaphor).

So I'm just looking for seasoned expertise. Should I take the shorter and direct Philippine airlines at about $300 US more but 4 hours less or take the one stop approach? If the latter, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

PM.Have done both. The direct flight is not non-stop, it makes a 50-minute layover in Guam for fuel, and you are not allowed to get out of your seat during that time. I think this is the quickest route to Manila. Remember, you are flying PAL (People-Awful-Lazy). If you haven't flown PAL overseas before, its a bit like flying AeroMex (lower your expectations from the time you arrive at LAX).

I recommend any of the other 1-stop airlines (Cathay, Korean, Asiana, etc).

Mr Hawaii
07-07-14, 04:46

Thanks in advance.

PM.Flew Honolulu to Manila for years on Korean Air, China Airlines, JAL. Sometimes I had to overnight in another country, then fly to MNL the next day. Then I found out that PAL first class was only double the economy class (not any longer). So, I started flying PAL first class HNL-MNL (direct, nonstop) and became spoiled because PAL has its own international terminal, and when you are in first class you are first out of the plane and first in line for immigration. Since I only have carry-on I am usually outside within 5 minutes of landing. Other carriers will take you to a different terminal, and you will wait with all other international passengers to go through immigration, etc. So, which do you value the most? Your time or your money? Like the girls say, "is up to you".

Econo Tech
07-07-14, 06:21
Those prices are way up. I was in Manila last April and I got my ride from T2 700 plus 200 tip. The ride back to T2 a few days later was 700 and I tipped 500 to this driver, but he almost walked me all the way to the gate with my bags. LOL.As I said the taxi mafia's control the traffic, and whenever a lot of planes land, most yellow cabs vanish or really they are under equipped to handle say 3 or 4 B747's arrival.

Knowing Philippines, I suspect the planning is not just there.

As I said, since I touched down past midnight, the 1000 plus for a agency pickup was worth it vs being held to ransom by the government sanctioned mafia.

Ekspat
07-07-14, 06:38
Have done both. The direct flight is not non-stop, it makes a 50-minute layover in Guam for fuel, Must be new? I've been from Manila to LAX return in 2012 without a stop in Guam. 13 hours non-stop flight in 747.

Econo Tech
07-07-14, 06:56
Must be new? I've been from Manila to LAX return in 2012 without a stop in Guam. 13 hours non-stop flight in 747.Not new.

On return flights, with cargo hold packed full of balikbayan boxes. PR is known to make a tech-stop in Guam, sometimes, on the return leg.

Outward leg is always non-stop.

With the 777-300 ERs they maybe able to do non-stop both ways.

Soapy Smith
07-07-14, 09:44
Must be new? I've been from Manila to LAX return in 2012 without a stop in Guam. 13 hours non-stop flight in 747.Is it possible it's non-stop going east but needs fueling in Guam going west? Flights between Atlanta or Detroit and Japan or Korea all take a couple hours longer going west than going east. I assume the Pacific tradewinds make the difference. The westward flight is bucking the westerlie tradewinds, whereas the eastbound flight benefits from a tailwind. So it needs more fuel on the westbound flight. Just a thought. If the plane were capable of doing the westward leg non-stop, I can't imagine they'd want to burn the extra fuel taking off from Guam.

Wicked Roger
07-07-14, 10:53
Those prices are way up. I was in Manila last April and I got my ride from T2 700 plus 200 tip. The ride back to T2 a few days later was 700 and I tipped 500 to this driver, but he almost walked me all the way to the gate with my bags. LOL.IMHO those are mad prices, tip 500? He would have walked you to the aircraft door if he could LOL.

Am with Westie. As long as the line is no too long (and wether not too hot) at T3 (that is where you arrived WC) I go upstairs.

But downstairs is still PHP 440 in the white cabs and I now select flights where I know the congestion is not too bad and I will get a cab quickly while ignoring the 'private' ones.

T2 seems to be totally screwed up and too many scammers given those prices.

Makati / Burgos via Skyway to T3 and T1 is between PHP 170-250 in my experience, much depends on time of day, day of week etc (eg Sunday at 3 am is very quick, Friday at 6 PM is madness).

WestCoast1
07-07-14, 11:23
Is it possible it's non-stop going east but needs fueling in Guam going west? Flights between Atlanta or Detroit and Japan or Korea all take a couple hours longer going west than going east. I assume the Pacific tradewinds make the difference. The westward flight is bucking the westerlie tradewinds, whereas the eastbound flight benefits from a tailwind. So it needs more fuel on the westbound flight. Just a thought. If the plane were capable of doing the westward leg non-stop, I can't imagine they'd want to burn the extra fuel taking off from Guam.The last time I flew it was 2011 (never again -- I flew it to save time and about $100). The Guam layover is only on the westbound leg in the 747. It makes no sense to me, as the longbow 747 is capable of flying farther than Manila without refueling (they routinely fly from the US west coast to cities farther). OTOH, its PAL. Airlines sometimes make aircraft purchases on the cheap. A PAL 747 driver in Manila once shared with me some disturbing information about the equipment we had just flown: it was brand new (he was proud of that), but it was purchased minus several standard communications devices, with the intent of installing them later. When I shared this info later with a friend who is a former 747 pilot with a major american airline, he said to me: "I should say OMG that's dangerous. But, remember the source airline here. They do anything to save pesos. " Its fairly possible that at the time, PAL's east-west contingient of aircraft were purchased with smaller fuel bladders, etc. Flagship or not, its a budget airline.

Pool, I'll PM you.

GreenBud
07-07-14, 11:50
Must be new? I've been from Manila to LAX return in 2012 without a stop in Guam. 13 hours non-stop flight in 747.I've done the LAX to Manila flight on PAL a few times.

If it's the same from a few years ago, the LAX to Manila leg generally has a stopover in Guam for refueling, but if the flight is empty, it will skip it and go direct to Manila, since the flight will use less fuel rendering the refueling unnecessary. The Manila to LAX leg is non-stop.

Should I take the shorter and direct Philippine airlines at about $300 US more but 4 hours less or take the one stop approach? If the latter, any recommendations?

Assuming you are looking at the China Airline option. I've also done that flight couple of times. You're spending approximately 8 hours total extra (2+6) to save $300. For comfort level, both economy seats were similar - they both suck. Too bad I don't fly business or first class. I usually consider how much per hour you save. If it is more than what I make per hour at my job, then I go cheap.

Pip Jaeger
07-07-14, 12:34
The last time I flew it was 2011 (never again -- I flew it to save time and about $100). The Guam layover is only on the westbound leg in the 747. It makes no sense to me, as the longbow 747 is capable of flying farther than Manila without refueling
SNIPTwo other possible reasons for stopping at Guam: Disembarking of military / civilian support personnel and loading / unloading air freight.

You're spending approximately 8 hours total extra (2+6) to save $300. For comfort level, both economy seats were similar - they both suck. Too bad I don't fly business or first class. I usually consider how much per hour you save. If it is more than what I make per hour at my job, then I go cheap.I calculate differently: $300.00 is currently about 13,000 php, which in turn roughly equals 5-7 LT bar fines in AC (twice as many ST's) or the same number of FL's from LAC. IMHO I'd sit an extra few hours and invest the savings into pussy.

WestCoast1
07-08-14, 03:14
Two other possible reasons for stopping at Guam: Disembarking of military / civilian support personnel and loading / unloading air freight.Took the flight several times (to save time). It never approached the terminal in Guam. It sits by itself, the av / gas trucks roll out to refuel. The pilot makes strict instruction before landing about not getting out of your seat, its important the plane be still during refueling, etc. Nobody moves. The refueling takes about 10 minutes, then the plane sits quietly for a while. You don't hear cargo doors moving. What I found interesting is that the:50 minute layover was exact, from wheels touching down to rotation, each time was at 50 minutes, like it was all planned ahead of time (I'm guessing that it is). It would be very easy to have taken off 10 minutes earlier each time, but we did not, we just sat on the tarmac, waiting. Its been several years since I took this flight, and PAL has newer aircraft in its fleet (A-330/340/ etc). Anyone taken the flight more recently?

Econo Tech
07-08-14, 09:10
T,..Pool, I'll PM you.As I posted the tech stop is to refuel in view of cargo weight issues. Nothing to do with anything or military cargo, as on return leg they are regularly loaded to Max and uplift less fuel.

The 50 minutes wait is for brakes to cool, without which they won't take off.

Standard procedure for any airline.

I never heard LT skimping on safety. 'just my 2 cents.

Poolmover
07-08-14, 17:45
Thank you all. Good insight.

Screaming Beaver
07-08-14, 22:27
Took the flight several times (to save time). It never approached the terminal in Guam. It sits by itself, the av / gas trucks roll out to refuel. The pilot makes strict instruction before landing about not getting out of your seat, its important the plane be still during refueling, etc. Nobody moves. The refueling takes about 10 minutes, then the plane sits quietly for a while. You don't hear cargo doors moving. What I found interesting is that the:50 minute layover was exact, from wheels touching down to rotation, each time was at 50 minutes, like it was all planned ahead of time (I'm guessing that it is). It would be very easy to have taken off 10 minutes earlier each time, but we did not, we just sat on the tarmac, waiting. Its been several years since I took this flight, and PAL has newer aircraft in its fleet (A-330/340/ etc). Anyone taken the flight more recently?Good news about PAL if you are travelling from the west coast. They are finally getting rid of the old 747's and have upgraded to 777's if you are travelling from either LAX or SFO. The reason this is important is the 777 is much more energy efficient and does not require refueling when travelling to MNL. It really is a direct flight now.

Amanut
07-09-14, 00:48
I have always flown Philippine Air which is a direct flight from Vancouver to Manila. I believe the flight connects from Las Vegas. It used to be that the 777 only flew Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, however my travel agent says all Vancouver to Manila flights are now 777.

The flight departs Vancouver at about midnight and arrives in Manila at about 05:30 which is great as there are no other flights arriving at that time so immigration clearance is quick and I can grab a to my hotel cab before rush hour.

Econo Tech
07-09-14, 11:26
Good news about PAL if you are travelling from the west coast. They are finally getting rid of the old 747's and have upgraded to 777's if you are travelling from either LAX or SFO. The reason this is important is the 777 is much more energy efficient and does not require refueling when travelling to MNL. It really is a direct flight now.777 is efficient but 2 engine vs 4 engines of the 747 or a 340's.

One down and its going to be interesting for such long over water flights.

Scare monger at work (me).

Fast Eddie 48
07-09-14, 20:44
As I posted the tech stop is to refuel in view of cargo weight issues. Nothing to do with anything or military cargo, as on return leg they are regularly loaded to Max and uplift less fuel.

The 50 minutes wait is for brakes to cool, without which they won't take off.

Standard procedure for any airline.

I never heard LT skimping on safety. 'just my 2 cents.To Econo Tech.

It depend to many thing like strong headwind and weather most airline don't like to fill the plane full, I know Cathay Pacific only fill their plane only 65% lighter plane get better mileage from SFO to HK if they get strong headwind they stop for refueling in Tapei or Icheon airport.

Fast eddie 48.

Econo Tech
07-10-14, 01:47
To Econo Tech.

It depend to many thing like strong headwind and weather most airline don't like to fill the plane full, I know Cathay Pacific only fill their plane only 65% lighter plane get better mileage from SFO to HK if they get strong headwind they stop for refueling in Tapei or Icheon airport.

Fast eddie 48.In the case of Philippine Airlines, I am told it was due to weight restriction in uplifting Max fuel, which they trade off by the tech stop only on the homeward leg. And avoid unloading pax.

Either you fly with reduced pax / cargo and fly non stopo, or fill the plane and do a tech stop, as planes used to do, stopping in Anchorage with older planes, and even now the likes of Fedex / DHL do, on cargo flights do, to / from US, and as the B747 flying components for 787 does, even now, with multiple tech stops.

After all Cargo doesn't complain if there is a fuel stop.

The Max fuel at Max weight limitatiob is what made SQ reduce the seats in their world's longest non-stop flights, SIN / LAX, SIN / EWR.

Anyway it's a different subject altogether.

Econo Tech
07-10-14, 02:01
To Econo Tech.

Fast eddie 48.In the case of Philippine Airlines, I am told it was due to weight restriction in uplifting Max fuel, which they trade off by the tech stop only on the homeward leg. And avoid unloading pax.

Either you fly with reduced pax / cargo and fly non stopo, or fill the plane and do a tech stop, as planes used to do, stopping in Anchorage with older planes, and even now the likes of Fedex / DHL do, on cargo flights do, to / from US, and as the B747 flying components for 787 does, even now, with multiple tech stops.

After all Cargo doesn't complain if there is a fuel stop.

The Max fuel at Max weight limitatiob is what made SQ reduce the seats in their world's longest non-stop flights, SIN / LAX, SIN / EWR.

Anyway it's a different subject altogether.

Sam 14
07-12-14, 19:13
Just make sure you get a supervised blood test and ask your doctor for the specific dose.

Self medicating with testosterone can seriously f*k up your prostate system.

It's not like taking a V or C pill every so often.

Remember that most guys over 60 have got some form of prostate problem, even if it is in very early stages, and rarely does it actually kill them. Loading up on T is a quick way to tip the system out of balance.Also you could have the same problem athletes have after long term use. Your body quits making the stuff. So if you quit use, your dick may be in the dirt for good. There's something you're supposed to inject along with it to keep that from happening. And allot of the excess T converts into estrogen. And excess estrogen has the same effect as low testosterone, low libido. So guys on T need to use an estrogen inhibitor too. You're messing with some serious shit if you start that.

There's a couple other things besides maca you could get at a health food store or online that would give you more sap.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-foods-maca-pure-powder-certified-organic-7-oz-pwdr

http://www.affordablesolaray.com/5150.html

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-multi-glandular-men-60-caps

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-raw-orchic-glandular-1-gram-30-tabs

But a word of caution also on the latter. You may see a strange look on her face if she gets a mixed load of you and cattle gland in her mouth

Lonely566
07-13-14, 02:04
Hello brother mongers,

I did a motorcycle tour of Mindanao this year. Was real fantastic as there are no tourist there. The girls are starved for white meat. Anyway this year (November) I'm going to Samar in the Philippines. Anybody got some scoop on that place.

Thanks,

LM

Gangles
07-13-14, 17:15
I was reading up in the CIA Factbook for some info on East Timor. I came across entries which I had not seen before. These had to do with HIV / AIDS.

There are three numbers given: - infection rate. That is, number of persons infected per 100,000 of population: Numbers of persons living with AIDS, and death rate.

Despite many punters fears of contracting AIDS in the Phils, the actual infection rate in the USA is six times the infection rate in the Phils. That is, you are six times more likely to contract AIDS from unprotected sex in the US than in the Phils.

The number of people living with AIDS in the US is 1.2 million, and in the Phils it is 14,800.

The death rate per year in the US is 17,000, and in the Phils is 300.

So forget your worries about the Phils, and be six times more afraid in the USA.

And for those who are married, and feel safe, be aware that about 50% of married women in western societies have sex outside marriage. So you are not safe there, either.

I guess some of you may be interested.

One might ask. Given that the USA is broke, and owes 14 trillion dollars, why is it borrowing more money to give to the Philippines for AIDS prevention action when the money could be far more effectively used for AIDS prevention at home.

G

FreebieFan
07-14-14, 03:00
One might ask. Given that the USA is broke, and owes 14 trillion dollars, why is it borrowing more money to give to the Philippines for AIDS prevention action when the money could be far more effectively used for AIDS prevention at home.

GIn a word " influence".

Soapy Smith
07-14-14, 05:48
One might ask. Given that the USA is broke, and owes 14 trillion dollars, why is it borrowing more money to give to the Philippines for AIDS prevention action when the money could be far more effectively used for AIDS prevention at home. GWinning friends and influencing people, of course. And think of all the good it does by holding down HIV risk for all us mongers. And of course interventions like that do not discriminate on the basis of the monger's nationality--so that Aussies and Brits are beneficiaries too. In other words, G, we're looking out for you.

It may also be that people in the U.S. are six times more likely to be tested and, when found to be positive, six times more likely to have their cases end up in the statistics. I made up the numbers.

Sam 14
07-14-14, 06:12

Winning friends and influencing people, of course. And think of all the good it does by holding down HIV risk for all us mongersI would offer a slightly different possibility. Selling drugs? The industry makes out quite well from tax payer and other subsidies. And anti virals are about the most expensive.

Soapy Smith
07-14-14, 06:24
I would offer a slightly different possibility. Selling drugs? The industry makes out quite well from tax payer and other subsidies. And anti virals are about the most expensive.Such cynicism. You mean you don't think Uncle Sam is looking out for G? Or maybe you are Uncle Sam.

Sam 14
07-14-14, 06:33
Such cynicism. You mean you don't think Uncle Sam is looking out for G? Or maybe you are Uncle Sam.Haha. Well, lets just say I don't believe the US governmant's number one priority is compassion and the well being of brown people. Haha.

Hutsori
07-14-14, 07:01
i would offer a slightly different possibility. selling drugs? the industry makes out quite well from tax payer and other subsidies. and anti virals are about the most expensive.anti-virals aren't prevention now, are they? prevention is education and condoms. what you have are special interest groups who pressure / lobby on behalf of their typically narrow constituencies, such as anti-aids activists and their supporters. "we need to do something! "silence=death", yada yada. companies stand to gain as well. a lot of these folks attach international issues to domestic concerns. maybe they want to travel on the ngo's dime. i bethca the buggery in city x skyrockets when the international aids conference comes to town. once a programme / set-aside is funded it seems to go ad infinitum until some other competing group, say bible-thumping bigots, lobbies against in and gets a change. speeches. protests. huffing and puffing. eventually everyone grows weary of it because they find a new shiny plaything to quarrel over.

and bombing brown people.

Pip Jaeger
07-14-14, 12:21
Came across this website while searching for something else and thought it might be useful, especially for those looking for budget and / or mid priced hotels as they are pre-grouped as such. It also breaks the hotels down into geographic areas within metro Manila and Cebu; a nice touch. Although it is not all inclusive, the list of hotels seems extensive and current.

"iLink. Ph" is not a booking website, just a list of hotels, but there are links provided with each listing to email the hotels directly. Also, note that for each city the budget price guidelines vary; I. E. : MNL = 2,500 php and under, Cebu = 2,000 php and under, etc. The guidelines are listed on each city's respective page.

In addition, there are also listings for hotels outside of the metro city and in areas not often found when searching on the major hotel booking sites. Plus there are listings for other things such as car rental agencies, tours, resto's, etc.

This by no means an endorsement for either the website or any of the hotels / businesses contained therein. I suggest you independently confirm the rate (s) and if possible the quality of accommodations / services. As always, YMMV.

Note: As this website is a general list of hotels with links for several areas in the Phils, I posted here as opposed to a specific city's hotel thread.

http://www.ilink.ph/manila-hotels

Member #4387
07-14-14, 18:52
From my country we are only dealing of around 5 mill people. The best healthcare (free of charge) in the world and the last 3 years 11,13, 12 people have been diagnosed with HIV. They not develope the Aids so they are all up and coming and beeing medicated soon enough I have not heard of one person died from aids simce the early 2000.

As my doctorfriend tells me, as I am barbacking like there is no tomorrow, contracting HIV virus is actually hard. If you fuck with an open fleshwounds and blood to blood it might be easy.

Pip Jaeger
07-14-14, 19:45
From my country we are only dealing of around 5 mill people. The best healthcare (free of charge) in the world and the last 3 years 11,13, 12 people have been diagnosed with HIV.But if the HIV virus crosses over to the reindeer population, then the number you quoted would multiply exponentially to the nth degree, LOL.

Lonely566
07-15-14, 01:09
i returned to the usa in april from a 5 month motorcycle tour of mindanao in the philippines. very good time. i would recommend it to anyone with no remaining reason to live. ha.

ha. no the people were very friendly and helpful. and the ladies, omg! very few white folks down there because of the dire warnings of the state dept. had the place to myself. lots of babes. hungry and ready to play for pay. presently working on an ebook for my trip. i wrote an ebook of my trip last year to west africa, where i.

also bought a motorcycle. if your interested it's on amazon. "motorcycling in ghana". mindanao is usually off the radar for most mongers or anyone else. so i won't go on and on with a trip report for which noone has any interest. ha ha.

but if anyone is planning to go there and has some questions, fire away. i would mention that the longest zipline in asia is there, which nearly made me [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) my pants. lol.

and the enchanted river in hinatuan is there and is so wonderful. you feel like you are on another planet. planning to tour samar this november. anyone got information on.

that place i would love to hear from you. happy trials.

lm

Hutsori
07-15-14, 02:25
Mindanao is usually off the radar for most mongers or anyone else. So I won't go on and on with a trip report for which noone has any interest. Ha ha.

Untrue for me; I appreciate the reports of the roads less traveled. I'll be quite happy to read your FRs, especially with emphasis on the mongering. At the very least it should be more interesting than flip-flops in Angeles City and the millionth iteration of help-my-boner-how-can-I-get-viagra post.

FreebieFan
07-15-14, 03:03
Untrue for me; I appreciate the reports of the roads less traveled. I'll be quite happy to read your FRs, especially with emphasis on the mongering. At the very least it should be more interesting than flip-flops in Angeles City and the millionth iteration of help-my-boner-how-can-I-get-viagra post.Not forgetting the " I paid more than you in a yellow / green / brown / red taxi at the airport. Why?

Hutsori
07-15-14, 04:12
Not forgetting the " I paid more than you in a yellow / green / brown / red taxi at the airport. Why?Unclear, m8. Why... what? Why take a taxi? Why pay _____? Why read a Mindanao FR? Why _____?

FreebieFan
07-15-14, 06:25
Unclear, m8. Why... what? Why take a taxi? Why pay _____? Why read a Mindanao FR? Why _____?The million posters who paid more than someone else taking a taxi from the airport and reported same. Got8?

Hutsori
07-15-14, 07:34
The million posters who paid more than someone else taking a taxi from the airport and reported same. Got8?Ah yeah, gr8 1s indeed.

D Cups
07-15-14, 15:36
I returned to the USA in April from a 5 month motorcycle tour of Mindanao You are quite the adventurer, L5. Did you get to Zamboanga?

Ikksman
07-15-14, 22:43
I returned to the USA in April from a 5 month motorcycle tour of Mindanao in the Philippines. {S N I P} Mindanao is usually off the radar for most mongers or anyone else. So I won't go on and on with a trip report for which noone has any interest. Ha ha. {S N I P}LMI think many members would be very interested in your trip report, especially mongering in in less travelled places.

I have spent many happy times in Dipolog and Dapitan, and a friend lived in Cagayan de Oro for more than 3 years. Davao is also home to some posters here.

Please tell us more about your travels and your travel tips for Zamboanga.

Cheers.

Red Rex
07-15-14, 23:56
I traveled around Samar a long time ago now, by bus or walking. It was dangerous, with thousands of rebels in remoter villages and the mountains. People and civilians got on and off the buses armed to the teeth and nervous passengers started at every pot hole in the road hit by the bus. Govt soldiers, bases and police were frequently attacked, vehicles and bridges blasted away etc. It was easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was in fact much safer walking. However, I repeat that was a long time ago, and things may have radically changed by now.

Lonely566
07-16-14, 01:01
For one thing, everything is cheaper there. To set the record straight, I rode down the East coast as far as Bislig. I intended to continue on to Davao but I had a contact (Colonel in the army charged with chasing down rebels) that recommended that I not continue as there appeared to be trouble on the road ahead. And anyway I wasn't afraid but I think I heard my mom calling. So I turned around.

By far, the best and most screwing I ever did in my entire life was in CDO (Cagayan de Oro). I met an expat that took me to the house. All the expats around there are broke dicks. They get a SS check and not much else. I'm not rich but I have lots of money. The mamasan brought out 4 girls and asked which one I wanted and I said "I want all of them!" so she got them all in a line and marched them to my room at the Hotel. She stayed and made sure all the girls did what was needed. Too much fun. I had one girl sit on my face, one sucking Mr. Happy. Another was in charge of my balls and the last pushed a vibrator up my butt! Don't believe me? Ha ha. Ask to see the video. I told mamasan to video the whole thing, which she did. I stayed in CDO for a couple of weeks and burned thru a months worth of viagra and cialis. I usually take both if I have a heavy schedule. Banged at least 4 girls per day and the mamasan kept bringing me new ones because I paid well and tipped big. The local expats bargained and wheedled to get a good price. And I don't blame them for that. Its just that the juxtapostion of a free spending fat American made me quite popular for a time. I paid 1000 per head and always had 2 or three at a time. So much video. They loved video and took turns running the camera. The further south I got the more of an oddity I became. And the more attention from the ladies. It was a fucking incredible trip and I'm going back in November. My motorcycle is in storage there. BTW. I speak a lot of Cebuano. I recommend that to anyone going there. English is not widely spoken and if you speak even a few words of the language, you rise in their estimation. Plus the taxi drivers don't try to fuck you so hard. Ha ha.

Ikksman
07-16-14, 04:25
For one thing, everything is cheaper there. To set the record straight, I rode down the East coast as far as Bislig. {S N I P}
By far, the best and most screwing I ever did in my entire life was in CDO (Cagayan de Oro). {S N I P} I speak a lot of Cebuano. {S N I P}Sorry, I don't quite follow your 5 month trip itinerary touring Mindanao.

If you travelled down the east coast, you probably left from Surigao City. From there to Bislig is maybe 250 km, covering a very tiny part of Mindanao. Surely you cannot claim to have toured Mindanao just by taking that short trip. Mindanao is a big island!

And how did you get to CDO travelling down the east coast?

Ako sa tinud-anay wala makasabut!

Lonely566
07-16-14, 13:25
Sorry, I don't quite follow your 5 month trip itinerary touring Mindanao.

If you travelled down the east coast, you probably left from Surigao City. From there to Bislig is maybe 250 km, covering a very tiny part of Mindanao. Surely you cannot claim to have toured Mindanao just by taking that short trip. Mindanao is a big island!

And how did you get to CDO travelling down the east coast?

Ako sa tinud-anay wala makasabut!I took ferry from Cebu city to CDO, bought my Honda 125 and began from there. I ziplined in Bukidon (sp) and again on Camiguin Island. I boogie boarded on Siagao island. Snorkeled in the Enchanted River in Hinatuan. Visited countless fantastic waterfalls and caves. That trip took about 3 months. I had to return to Cebu to meet some relatives and continued my MC tour on Cebu island for a couple of months and then returned home. I have put my MC in storage in Cebu city and hope to return this year. So, you got me; I did not tour the entire Island of Mindanao as it seemed imprudent and time.

Constraints. I called it a tour of Mindanao because that's what I thought it was. Not entire island, that would take a lifetime and due to the rebel activity could be a little dangerous. And being a big, fat, white, bald guy tends to attract a bad crowd, ie kidnappers and other well.

X Man
07-17-14, 11:53
A quick Google search of "fat, white bald guy" and "kidnap, Phiippines" doesn't turn up any hits. You had WR and I worried.

SNIP . . . And being a big, fat, white, bald guy tends to attract a bad crowd, ie kidnappers and other well.

D Cups
07-17-14, 15:37
For one thing, everything is cheaper there. By far, the best and most screwing I ever did in my entire life was in CDO (Cagayan de Oro).The mamasan brought out 4 girls and I said "I want all of them!"They loved video and took turns running the camera. The further south I got the more of an oddity I became. And the more attention from the ladies. It was a fucking incredible trip .Sounds like paradise, L. Did you get to Zamboanga?

Wicked Roger
07-17-14, 16:08
A quick Google search of "fat, white bald guy" and "kidnap, Phiippines" doesn't turn up any hits. You had WR and I worried.Very worried XMan, but being as I am I find attracts cuties not bad guys, maybe its his after shave?

PolyOrchid
07-17-14, 19:53
As a long-time member of Date in Asia (DIA), I was gobstruck to open my account this morning and find I had been banned from the site.

I noticed new warnings on the site in the last few days about using inappropriate sexual language and other inappropriate actions when corresponding with girls.

I can't recall writing any such messages but I obviously pissed someone off to get the boot.

DIA, I am going to miss you. You provided me with many wonderful companions, friends, and short and long term partners over the years. I guess I will be moseying on over to the competition.

Anyone else noticed the holier bent in DIA?

Fast Eddie 48
07-17-14, 23:34
As a long-time member of Date in Asia (DIA), I was gobstruck to open my account this morning and find I had been banned from the site.

I noticed new warnings on the site in the last few days about using inappropriate sexual language and other inappropriate actions when corresponding with girls.

I can't recall writing any such messages but I obviously pissed someone off to get the boot.

DIA, I am going to miss you. You provided me with many wonderful companions, friends, and short and long term partners over the years. I guess I will be moseying on over to the competition.

Anyone else noticed the holier bent in DIA?To polyorchid.

What is the big deal just open another account under a new name and info, most member use fake info anyway make sure you use another internet address.

Fast eddie 48.

Amanut
07-17-14, 23:59
To polyorchid.

What is the big deal just open another account under a new name and info, most member use fake info anyway make sure you use another internet address.

Fast eddie 48.It has been noted on this site over the last few months that those warnings are above all messages you send. Anytime I am in a conversation with a lady that starts to turn sexual I move her over to YM. If it is your desire to resurrect your account you will need a new IP address, new e-mail address, new picture, and new cell phone number for your account verification. Anything less and your account will not be approved.

Fred Gold
07-18-14, 00:44
I use 'surfeasy' for security and it gives an IP address in many parts of the world. , making it difficult to 'trace' me. When I was on DIA they would not allow logins I had to use my 'real' IP address.

You can also periodicaly (at least mine) have your IP porovider change your IP address.

When I need a phone number, I go to skype and get one.

I have not used YM, does anyone know if it 'releases' your IP address to others?

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.

It has been noted on this site over the last few months that those warnings are above all messages you send. Anytime I am in a conversation with a lady that starts to turn sexual I move her over to YM. If it is your desire to resurrect your account you will need a new IP address, new e-mail address, new picture, and new cell phone number for your account verification. Anything less and your account will not be approved.

Lonely566
07-18-14, 01:30

Anyone else noticed the holier bent in DIA?I had been on DIA for a year or two, after I read about it's efficacy on this site actually. One day I go to sign in and "boom" I'm banned. I tried setting up agian but I use the same phone number and different email addy. Pretty iron clad security. Anyway, ended up signing up to filipinocupid. I'm happy again. Though I do miss DIA.

Nice Guy 99
07-18-14, 06:16
What is the big deal just open another account under a new name and info, most member use fake info anyway make sure you use another internet address.The problem is that you need a new mobile number. There are all sorts of twists.

Ikksman
07-18-14, 08:41
I use 'surfeasy' for security and it gives an IP address in many parts of the world. , making it difficult to 'trace' me. I use StrongVPN for access to sites blocked in China. They of course use many different IP addresses. But if I try to login to DIA via my VPN I get the following message:

Sorry, your current IP Address is Blocked
Why is my IP address blocked?
Usually it's because of one of the following reasons:
◾ You are accessing our site from an unsupported country. We do not provide our services to users in all countries.
◾ You are using a satellite Internet provider. We block access from satellite Internet providers.
◾ You are using a proxy server. We block access from proxy servers.
◾ Someone in your neighbourhood has misused our services and forced us to block your whole neighbourhood.

I have to log in without VPN security.

Cheers.

Red Rex
07-18-14, 09:19
Don't understand all the dishonesty. I find I get all I want without a whole bunch of digital deception. Maybe my wants are different somehow. Strange to me?

Hutsori
07-18-14, 12:07
Anyone else noticed the holier bent in DIA?I was nailed a few months ago after running the same very suggestive profile for more than a year. I tried to make a new account with a new mobile but as soon as I entered my text in the profile and saved it I was tossed again. As it hadn't been my primary hunting ground for quite a while it's no big deal; there are several other sites that are superior. I still haven't figured out how the site owners make money at DIA, and I reckon the monthly bandwidth costs have to be quite high. I never clicked on an ad.

Buko Max
07-18-14, 13:41
By far, the best and most screwing I ever did in my entire life was in CDO (Cagayan de Oro).Thanks for posting your field report as lately, FR are few and far between here in the Philippine threads. But you should have posted in the Other Areas section. Have to agree that CDO is off the hook with action day and night! Sort of how Cebu was 10 or 15 years ago. Lots of girls in from the provinces to find work and such who are up for anything!

Col Law
07-18-14, 14:21
I was nailed a few months ago after running the same very suggestive profile for more than a year. I tried to make a new account with a new mobile but as soon as I entered my text in the profile and saved it I was tossed again. As it hadn't been my primary hunting ground for quite a while it's no big deal; there are several other sites that are superior. I still haven't figured out how the site owners make money at DIA, and I reckon the monthly bandwidth costs have to be quite high. I never clicked on an ad.Was looking myself the other day, and wondered why I had lost my 2 stars for being a good boy. Now it might be my reference to not worried if girl ac / dc.

Col.

Roll Aides
07-18-14, 16:34
I was nailed a few months ago after running the same very suggestive profile for more than a year. I tried to make a new account with a new mobile but as soon as I entered my text in the profile and saved it I was tossed again. As it hadn't been my primary hunting ground for quite a while it's no big deal; there are several other sites that are superior. I still haven't figured out how the site owners make money at DIA, and I reckon the monthly bandwidth costs have to be quite high. I never clicked on an ad.Hutsori,

May I ask what sites you consider better? I too have gotten the shaft from DiA, and Presently I am using my American VPS provider as a private proxy for my second account, but if it goes south I'm out of IP addresses. I'd like to have alternatives. I don't think their new SOP is particularly attractive.

Hutsori
07-19-14, 03:18
Hutsori,

May I ask what sites you consider better? I too have gotten the shaft from DiA, and Presently I am using my American VPS provider as a private proxy for my second account, but if it goes south I'm out of IP addresses. I'd like to have alternatives. I don't think their new SOP is particularly attractive.Crossed wires. I was speaking of other dating sites such as filipinocupid (FC) and not proxies.

Roll Aides
07-19-14, 09:48
Crossed wires. I was speaking of other dating sites such as filipinocupid (FC) and not proxies.Yeah that's actually what I meant, sorry for the confusion. Which dating sites would you consider superior.

Hutsori
07-19-14, 17:57
Yeah that's actually what I meant, sorry for the confusion. Which dating sites would you consider superior.FC for certain. Pinalove and tagged I prefer. Okcupid has much higher calibre girls but the membership isn't as large as the other sites. FC is worth the money, and you really can't do anything there as a standard member. The others you can get by without paying.

Econo Tech
07-20-14, 04:17
FC for certain. Pinalove and tagged I prefer. Okcupid has much higher calibre girls but the membership isn't as large as the other sites. FC is worth the money, and you really can't do anything there as a standard member. The others you can get by without paying.Blendr / Badoo?

Hutsori
07-20-14, 14:58
Blendr / Badoo?Am a member of Badoo too. I just prefer the others I named earlier.

Roll Aides
07-20-14, 16:02
FC for certain. Pinalove and tagged I prefer. Okcupid has much higher calibre girls but the membership isn't as large as the other sites. FC is worth the money, and you really can't do anything there as a standard member. The others you can get by without paying.Thank you, I will look into those.

Dg8787
07-20-14, 16:11
On my next trip I am thinking about visiting Coron / Palawan. Probably leaving from Manila to there. I have never been there. Any suggestions on how to travel there and where to stay? I would like to be in a 3-4 star hotel with non-smoking rooms under $100/ night. I see Cebu Pacific has flights there but are they on small planes? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Mr Enternational
07-20-14, 19:15
On my next trip I am thinking about visiting Coron / Palawan. Probably leaving from Manila to there. I have never been there. Any suggestions on how to travel there and where to stay? I would like to be in a 3-4 star hotel with non-smoking rooms under $100/ night. I see Cebu Pacific has flights there but are they on small planes? Any help on this would be appreciated.I took Philippine Airlines in 2012. The tickets were P3232 per person. All the planes going there are small (***and late****). The airport is probably the size of your family room. I am a diver so I went there for diving and stayed at SeaDive Resort. Room with AC (unit was too small for the room size) was P1400/ night. There are no 3-4 star hotels in the area. There may be only 3 choices of places to stay period. If you are going for diving then I highly recommend SeaDive. Actually, if you are not a diver then I would not recommend going to Coron at all. Puerto Princesa may be more of what you are looking for on the island of Palawan.

JPF
07-20-14, 22:14
On my next trip I am thinking about visiting Coron / Palawan. Probably leaving from Manila to there. I have never been there. Any suggestions on how to travel there and where to stay? I would like to be in a 3-4 star hotel with non-smoking rooms under $100/ night. I see Cebu Pacific has flights there but are they on small planes? Any help on this would be appreciated.I flew earlier this year from Manila to Puerto Princessa on Cebu Pacific. It was 10,864 p for 2 people return. Yes, the plane was small but I like small planes.

I stayed in Puerto Princessa so I assume where I stayed doesn't interest you but just in case, I stayed at the Hotel Centro Palawan for about $100/ night. It was a 3-4 star hotel and I would recommend it.

Dg8787
07-21-14, 16:32
Thanks for the information. I guess I am looking for a nice beach resort and had heard Palawan was the area. I can bring my own cutie for a few days. If this is not the nice resort area I am open to other suggestions.

Wicked Roger
07-22-14, 02:43
GE has written some interesting and informative FRs this year about the power crisis in country, the rolling brownouts, the lack of planning by the politicians (all of whom knew there would be a crisis in the future but did little to resolve the mess. Until the 2016 elections are around the corner and then it is too late).

His FR links are below.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1512-Living-in-the-Philippines&p=1564484&viewfull=1#post1564484.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1005-Davao&p=1564474&viewfull=1#post1564474.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1005-Davao&p=1551738&viewfull=1#post1551738.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1512-Living-in-the-Philippines&p=1545484&viewfull=1#post1545484.

Now today in the Philstar is an admission from the DOCE chief (Petilla) that March and April 2015 are not the best times to be in the country due to a serous power shortage. He is asking for emergency powers to resolve the lack of MW. As GE said in the earlier FRs you have to despair at the lack of planning from those in power when other ASEAN countries seems to have so little fuss.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/07/22/1348931/power-crisis-looms-2015

I always read the comments at the end of the article and have noticed over the last 12-18 months how nastier they have become about the politicians (not just this one who has been called incompetent by a elder senator and never resigned when he said he would Christmas last year).

So maybe for those planning a visit to the Philippines the period March / April 2015 could be a time to avoid?

Buko Max
07-22-14, 14:43
Thanks for the information. I guess I am looking for a nice beach resort and had heard Palawan was the area. I can bring my own cutie for a few days. If this is not the nice resort area I am open to other suggestions.Palawan is a big island and the place to be is El Nido. Cebu Pacific flies A320's both from Manila and Cebu. After arriving in Puerto Princessa, it is a 4 to 5 hour van ride north to the beach town of El Nido where there is accommodations to fit every budget. Here is an example of a 5 star property above most budgets where the TV series 'Survivor' was filmed: http://www.elnidoresorts.com/elnido/lagen-island-resort/about-lagen-island/ If you go this route, good to have at least a week for travel and adventure.

Instead of flying back out of PP, take the ferry to Caron and fly back to Manila from there via CP. PM me if you need some suggestions for accommodations and more info about El Nido.

Wicked Roger
07-22-14, 16:29
Instead of flying back out of PP, take the ferry to Caron and fly back to Manila from there via CP. PM me if you need some suggestions for accommodations and more info about El Nido.BM,

Can you clear your Inbox as to full to take anymore PMs at the moment.

Thanks WR.

Econo Tech
07-23-14, 03:51
I flew earlier this year from Manila to Puerto Princessa on Cebu Pacific. It was 10,864 p for 2 people return. Yes, the plane was small but I like small planes.

I stayed in Puerto Princessa so I assume where I stayed doesn't interest you but just in case, I stayed at the Hotel Centro Palawan for about $100/ night. It was a 3-4 star hotel and I would recommend it.A 320 isn't small. LOL.

BTW my first visit to PP was in a Cebu Pac DC9. In 2001/2002.

If you had scouted you can get return tickets to PP less than 3,000 per pax, well I am a budget traveller so I look for cheap deals.

Red Kilt
07-25-14, 03:16
Seems like the girls are getting upset too about guys who shave their pubes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dear-men-no-more-manscaping

Hutsori
07-25-14, 03:35
Seems like the girls are getting upset too about guys who shave their pubes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dear-men-no-more-manscapingEh? That piece was written by Matt Stopera. :P

Red Kilt
07-25-14, 06:40
Eh? That piece was written by Matt Stopera. :PYou didn't read the article responses Huts? Avalanche of women saying "don't".

Hutsori
07-25-14, 07:38
You didn't read the article responses Huts? Avalanche of women saying "don't".I hadn't. But now I have; I read the first 20-odd comments. Appears the prevailing opinion has now swung the other way to the anti-pubes camp. The accommodate the wishes of the women I meet I do trim, but not shave, my pubes to a shorter length; I'm not a over-all manscaper, but I'm also not especially hirsute.

Soapy Smith
07-26-14, 06:08
So maybe for those planning a visit to the Philippines the period March / April 2015 could be a time to avoid?I think he said April and May. Aren't they usually the hottest months, so presumably it's about aircon and fan use because of the heat. But the heat makes those months less pleasant anyway.

Out of curiosity, have any of you with property in the provinces ever looked into alternative energy sources--solar, wind, small hydro, geothermal? I'm wondering if there are respectable suppliers and engineer-type experts around.

Fred Gold
07-26-14, 06:48
I want to thank whoever said (probably several people) that Phil girls like having babies and do not worry about getting preg, in fact many want to get preg. I've been 'fixed' for many years and while video chatting on skype she said how she wants me to cum in her so she can get preg (told her I had a few kids). I am sure if I said that I was 'fixed' she would drop me like a lead balloon. Oh also condoms are only for prostitutes.

So, ty for the heads up. So to speak- oh, she assured me that I was very special to her and that others never see her naked on skype. Just me. I wonder if she also has a bridge for sale?

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.

Red Kilt
07-26-14, 10:03
Out of curiosity, have any of you with property in the provinces ever looked into alternative energy sources--solar, wind, small hydro, geothermal? I'm wondering if there are respectable suppliers and engineer-type experts around.Yes I have.

Yes there are, and the costs are quite reasonable too (for solar anyway).

I checked out if I could sell surplus load to the grid of the local electric company and that caused a major problem.

The local power companies do not want people generating their own power.

Roll Aides
07-26-14, 19:33
I checked out if I could sell surplus load to the grid of the local electric company and that caused a major problem.

The local power companies do not want people generating their own power.

RK, would you be willing to elaborate on what you encountered?

Dg8787
07-26-14, 20:51
Took me a few trips but I figured it out. I bring an unlocked iphone and get a local SIM card for local texting and calls also for data plan. Under the 3 g / data or wifi I can text people back home in US thru iMessage to their iPhone or iPad for free. Also make Facetime calls free too. While in US I download Magic Jack app on iPhone and Ipad and can make free calls to US and Canada from anywhere in the world for free using wifi or 3 g. Just thought I would pass this along in case you didn't know.

GoodEnough
07-26-14, 21:58
took me a few trips but i figured it out. i bring an unlocked iphone and get a local sim card for local texting and calls also for data plan. under the 3 g / data or wifi i can text people back home in us thru imessage to their iphone or ipad for free. also make facetime calls free too. while in us i download magic jack app on iphone and ipad and can make free calls to us and canada from anywhere in the world for free using wifi or 3 g. just thought i would pass this along in case you didn't know.i've been using that protocol for a few years now, and it works well, particularly since most of my friends and family outside the philippines also use iphones, so facetime and imessage are especially useful. my sim allows alte, but the only problem i've experienced is that the lte speed in he philippines is slow and often intermittent.

ge.

Amavida
07-27-14, 14:26
my sim allows alte, but the only problem i've experienced is that the lte speed in he philippines is slow and often intermittent.

ge.agreed 4 g is a bit of waste of money in the phil's especially if you travel about a bit.

i was a very long time apple mac & later iphone / ipad user but as a business user i am becoming agnostic to technology. i'm into practicality. nothing wrong with apple's gear in general & i still recommend it to non tech users.

these days my minimal kit is a microfoft surface pro 2 (essentially a real laptop with a full powered usb port + ethernet port shrunk into a tablet) plus a decent 3 g smart phone.

i did have a beautiful nokia 1030 but the screen shattered so easily i can't be bothered to get it fixed. i replaced it with the ultimate work horse smartphone, a motorola moto g. these 3 g android based phones are marketed as a dual sim phone. i find having a globe & smart sim very useful. globe is arguably the most consistent signal all around the phil's but there are black spits where smart is the only way to go. downtown balibago for example.

put a postpaid sim in it or a pre paid + p1000 load & subscribe to unlimited internet for 30 days. this saves me from relying lousy insecure wifi connections in hotels etc.

the tablet can use it via usb tethering or wifi hotspot.

av.

Sam 14
07-27-14, 17:31
I find having a Globe & Smart Sim very useful. Globe is arguably the most consistent signal all around the Phil's but there are black spits where Smart is the only way to go. Downtown Balibago for example.There's no way to tell how many opportunities I've missed not having dual Sim capability. It's a problem for so many of these girls to maintain load. Davao for example, almost everyone uses Smart so they're unlikely to even text outside their network. So I end up packing an extra phone as well as sending an occasional load or two. Man, what a hassle.

Econo Tech
07-27-14, 17:45
Yes I have.

Yes there are, and the costs are quite reasonable too (for solar anyway).

The local power companies do not want people generating their own power.And it is illegal for foreigners to own or operate public utilities, which by a broad definition can mean you generating power and depriving the bloated monopolies of fat bonuses.

GoodEnough
07-27-14, 23:36
agreed 4 g is a bit of waste of money in the phil's especially if you travel about a bit.

i was a very long time apple mac & later iphone / ipad user but as a business user i am becoming agnostic to technology. i'm into practicality. nothing wrong with apple's gear in general & i still recommend it to non tech users.

these days my minimal kit is a microfoft surface pro 2 (essentially a real laptop with a full powered usb port + ethernet port shrunk into a tablet) plus a decent 3 g smart phone.

i did have a beautiful nokia 1030 but the screen shattered so easily i can't be bothered to get it fixed. i replaced it with the ultimate work horse smartphone, a motorola moto g. these 3 g android based phones are marketed as a dual sim phone. i find having a globe & smart sim very useful. globe is arguably the most consistent signal all around the phil's but there are black spits where smart is the only way to go. downtown balibago for example.

put a postpaid sim in it or a pre paid + p1000 load & subscribe to unlimited internet for 30 days. this saves me from relying lousy insecure wifi connections in hotels etc.

the tablet can use it via usb tethering or wifi hotspot.

av.i'm a fairly committed apple addict, so my standard kit is two iphones--one smart and one globe--and an ipad mini with sim card. the only problem for me is that the connection speeds are slow, whether 3 g or lte, and the voice capabilities are unreliable. given the generally poor quality of the cell networks here, there's no perfect solution.

ge.

Amavida
07-28-14, 01:40
i'm a fairly committed apple addict, so my standard kit is two iphones--one smart and one globe--and an ipad mini with sim card. the only problem for me is that the connection speeds are slow, whether 3 g or lte, and the voice capabilities are unreliable. given the generally poor quality of the cell networks here, there's no perfect solution.

ge.the latest ipad mini is a very nice device ge. i find today's smartphone web browsers capable of 90% of my needs but there is no substitute for a real desktop web browser sometimes due to shitty web site coding. that's where the surface pro 2 (stupid names) steps in & saves me from having to use an insecure 3rd party pc.

i'd love lte but see enough coverage to be bothered with it yet ge. that also applies in australia unless your not mobile & sitting right in the middle of a coverage area.

one area if smart phone design / performance that rarely, if ever, gets mentioned is reception. this does vary significantly from one handset design to another. many of the older nokia's were good. an old lg renoir i owned had outstanding reception compared to anything else.

this motorola moto g (stupid names) is very good i must say. i had the option of the moto x, a 4 g variant but i eschewed lte because of afore mentioned spotty coverage & more importantly battery issues. lte radios suck way more power. ill take a slower steady connection to a fast intermittent connection. long battery life is very important to me also. motorola should know a thing or two about radio engineering given their history.

switching from iphone purity of design to windows phone or android is a bit of a culture shock he he. what android lacks in refinement it makes up for in flexibility.

i would warn any one contemplating an android based phone to only go with a google nexus or motorola g / x as these get all the latest operating system bug / security fixes the sane as apple. having a device in your pocket always connected to the net its imperative to be right on top of security inho.

i would rule out most other android handsets because they simply don't get updated in a timely manner. if ever.

av.

Red Kilt
07-28-14, 02:25
And it is illegal for foreigners to own or operate public utilities, which by a broad definition can mean you generating power and depriving the bloated monopolies of fat bonuses.I sent responding posters (RA, SK and ET) a PM but for those lurkers who might also be interested, here is an informative link for a Meralco innovation.

My experience was with another power company. Seems like Meralco is getting its act together at last, even if the price of electricity is high.

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/173-power-and-energy/64165-solar-power-ph-households-net-metering

Econo Tech
07-28-14, 04:34
I sent responding posters (RA, SK and ET) a PM but for those lurkers who might also be interested, here is an informative link for a Meralco innovation.

My experience was with another power company. Seems like Meralco is getting its act together at last, even if the price of electricity is high.

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/173-power-and-energy/64165-solar-power-ph-households-net-meteringThat's a helpful post.

I will see how to get things going in Baguio.

BTW Mr Guzman's air cons in the report. I believe partly his high bill is due to bad air cons plus positioning. LOL.

Amavida, personally I opted for a Smart pocket Router since my experiments with a Huawei Tablet, a I pad Mini, A Samsung Tab and a Samsung S3, and few devices made me conclude part of the reception issue is on the receiving antenna.

The pocket router got full signal in places where other devices showed low or no signal.

Plus a router means you can share with 'guests ' LOL.

That's my suggestion. And since the pocket routers have a battery to last few hours they are reasonably mobile.

Nightrider1
07-28-14, 21:37
The latest iPad mini is a very nice device GE. I find today's smartphone web browsers capable of 90% of my needs but there is no substitute for a real desktop web browser sometimes due to shitty web site coding. That's where the Surface Pro 2 (stupid names) steps in & saves me from having to use an insecure 3rd party PC.

I'd love LTE but see enough coverage to be bothered with it yet GE. That also applies in Australia unless your not mobile & sitting right in the middle of a coverage area.

One area if smart phone design / performance that rarely, if ever, gets mentioned is reception. This does vary significantly from one handset design to another. Many of the older Nokia's were good. An old LG Renoir I owned had outstanding reception compared to anything else.

This Motorola Moto G (stupid names) is very good I must say. I had the option of the Moto X, a 4 g variant but I eschewed LTE because of afore mentioned spotty coverage & more importantly battery issues. LTE radios suck way more power. Ill take a slower steady connection to a fast intermittent connection. Long battery life is very important to me also. Motorola should know a thing or two about radio engineering given their history.

Switching from iPhone purity of design to Windows Phone or Android is a bit of a culture shock he he. What Android lacks in refinement it makes up for in flexibility.

I would warn any one contemplating an Android based phone to only go with a Google Nexus or Motorola g / x as these get all the latest operating system bug / security fixes the sane as Apple. Having a device in your pocket always connected to the net its imperative to be right on top of security inho.

I would rule out most other Android handsets because they simply don't get updated in a timely manner. If ever.

AV.I wanted a smart phone I could use both in USA and Phil because of my three times a year trips there and I picked the Moto G. My last trip was 30 days and it performed flawlessly in every regard. I used a Globe simm and had better coverage and in more places than the people I was with. So I will second Amavida's recommendation.

Kabul Guy
07-29-14, 08:19
i'm looking at spending between 4 and 6 weeks in the philippines. most likely september to about middle oct, may start earlier but would then go until mid oct anyway.

what i want to do is find a nice self-contained furnished place. safe clean comfortable with air con, somewhere to use as a base of operations.

i will not be hunting for pro's but will be targeting normal girls, shop girls, students and unemployed mall rats. i have been looking on tagged and the dating sites and have several possibilities in view. i know that picking them up at malls and other similar places is also a possibility.

i appear to have two options, one is to book a long term place through one of the travel sites but these tend to be more expensive. the upside is that there are traveler's reviews to look at to see what you are getting. the other option is to book only a few nights to get started then look for a place once on the ground. might be cheraper but there is some uncertanity. i could also use the excuse of looking for a place to stary to start some conservations.

i was thinking of either angeles city or cebu to start. both places are big enough to have a good herd of possible targets roaming wild. do not really want manila due to costs, congestion and crime issues.

any recommendations or suggestions on either cities and or places in a specific city. my budget is $us 3 000 per month for living, eating and fun.

Amavida
07-29-14, 11:41
i'm looking at spending between 4 and 6 weeks in the philippines. most likely september to about middle oct, may start earlier but would then go until mid oct anyway.

what i want to do is find a nice self-contained furnished place. safe clean comfortable with air con, somewhere to use as a base of operations.

i will not be hunting for pro's but will be targeting normal girls, shop girls, students and unemployed mall rats. i have been looking on tagged and the dating sites and have several possibilities in view. i know that picking them up at malls and other similar places is also a possibility.

i appear to have two options, one is to book a long term place through one of the travel sites but these tend to be more expensive. the upside is that there are traveler's reviews to look at to see what you are getting. the other option is to book only a few nights to get started then look for a place once on the ground. might be cheraper but there is some uncertanity. i could also use the excuse of looking for a place to stary to start some conservations.

i was thinking of either angeles city or cebu to start. both places are big enough to have a good herd of possible targets roaming wild. do not really want manila due to costs, congestion and crime issues.

any recommendations or suggestions on either cities and or places in a specific city. my budget is $us 3 000 per month for living, eating and fun.i agree, forget manila unless you're on the corporate gravy train.

i can't speak to cebu but in ac the off the cuff recommendation would be la teresita hotel. ask for a 'villa'. this is a standard filipino style 'up & down' fully furnished apartment. air con in the upstairs bedroom, fan downstairs. there is a nice little pool in between the villas & the hotel rooms. it will run you about p35,000 per month or less if you prebook for a long stay.

only problem is ac is arguably the worst place in the phil's to pick up non p4 p girls. there's tons of girls wandering the streets you can hook up with but there is a reason they are not _inside_ the bars. failed hygiene checks, criminal activity, drug addiction or just totally unreliable. ymmv.

if you want to step up to the next level try a long term booking of a large hotel room at the same hotel. not as roomy as an apartment but nice rooms & affordable.

if you want very classy try the big condo development inside clark sez. luxury 1 bedroom condo there will run you about p66,000 per month + maid p1,000 per week. a car can be had for hire also but this would probably in the order of p30,000 per month additional.

you can ask around once here for a short term lease of a conventional apartment but i think you're not here long enough for that.

i'd say just get a big'ish hotel room with kitchenette on a long term rate. tons to choose from. read recent posts.

cheers.

av.

Dg8787
07-30-14, 04:33

any recommendations or suggestions on either cities and or places in a specific city. my budget is $us 3 000 per month for living, eating and fun.do i understand it right? for 4-6 weeks you want to target normal girls to fuck? you would fill them with bola bola? ultimate target is a virgin?

GoodEnough
07-30-14, 06:28
Angeles City is probably not the most likely venue for chasing "normal" women. Where would you look?

Buko Max
07-30-14, 06:41
I'm looking at spending between 4 and 6 weeks in the Philippines. Most likely September to about middle Oct, may start earlier but would then go until mid Oct anyway.For the first time visitor, I always suggest people go to Angeles first to get their ya yas out. Then proceed to Cebu (direct flight via Cebu Pacific) to get the real GFE. If you are only staying one month, better not to tie yourself down to one hotel. If you book ahead, only book a few nights especially in Cebu. Then you can switch locations to keep them guessing! Many hotels give discounts for weekly stays or rooms paid in cash. Deal directly through the hotels in person, if possible. You will be visiting during the peak of the typhoon season so you might have to dodge a few storms.

Dg8787
07-30-14, 06:44
Angeles City is probably not the most likely venue for chasing "normal" women. Where would you look?Probably Gaza City would be best for targeting normal girls in search of hansum man to save them.

Kabul Guy
07-30-14, 07:37
Do I understand it right? For 4-6 weeks you want to target normal girls to fuck? You would fill them with bola bola? Ultimate target is a virgin?I'm getting some good initial leads from tagged and a couple dating sites. It can be done.

Amavida
07-30-14, 16:23
Its strange how I can perform perfectly normally & pretty much as long as I want with girl friends but need to get by with a little help from my friends. At Pfizer. When I'm with a stranger (or multiple strangers he he) for the first time no matter how cute.

With no prior experience I tried Cialis based on its alleged benefits. In practice I found significant side effects, obvious facial flushing, back pain & headache. For me the desired effects were variable. Can be very long lasting, sometimes too long Do not buy this off the street, its fake at present due to the Philippine wide unavailability. 5 mg is more than enough for me.

Levitra, shit this stuff will send you broke. P3200.00 at Manson's / Watson's for 4 tabs. No side effects but desired effects a little variable and 20 mg really needed. Seemsvto wear off faster than I expect.

Viagra, this is still the reference medication. Works well for me with no noticeable side effects. Even the stuff sold on the streets works fine for me. I'm finding 100 mg works best for me.

AV.

Roll Aides
07-30-14, 21:26
Its strange how I can perform perfectly normally & pretty much as long as I want with girl friends but need to get by with a little help from my friends. At Pfizer. When I'm with a stranger (or multiple strangers he he) for the first time no matter how cute.

With no prior experience I tried Cialis based on its alleged benefits. In practice I found significant side effects, obvious facial flushing, back pain & headache. For me the desired effects were variable. Can be very long lasting, sometimes too long Do not buy this off the street, its fake at present due to the Philippine wide unavailability. 5 mg is more than enough for me.

Levitra, shit this stuff will send you broke. P3200.00 at Manson's / Watson's for 4 tabs. No side effects but desired effects a little variable and 20 mg really needed. Seemsvto wear off faster than I expect.

Viagra, this is still the reference medication. Works well for me with no noticeable side effects. Even the stuff sold on the streets works fine for me. I'm finding 100 mg works best for me.

AV.Thank Amavida, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Actually, since moving to the land of no condoms, it's a lot less of an issue, but I'm always surprised to find how much a brand new partner can dial up my nerves, even if I'm really into her. Maybe a fight or flight reflex or something, who knows? Certainly nature seems to benefit from a little blue encouragement in some situations.

I think that with pharmaceuticals one really has to tune what works for them personally, probably due to individual biochemistry. For myself, if I take more than half a 50 mg Viagara, I get serious sinus congestion and flushing. On the other hand, Cialais doesn't bother me much, but then it doesn't do that much, either. Different pills for different people, perhaps.

Amavida
07-31-14, 02:52
Thank Amavida, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Actually, since moving to the land of no condoms, it's a lot less of an issue, but I'm always surprised to find how much a brand new partner can dial up my nerves, even if I'm really into her. Maybe a fight or flight reflex or something, who knows? Certainly nature seems to benefit from a little blue encouragement in some situations..Yeah the condom thing. I use them with p4 p girls as a matter of course but my generation grew up without them & try as I might I find them a bit of a turn off. Buying the best quality ones helps. The lack of spontaneity & fiddling about does not help. A few girls can make it a bit sexy but most women don't. Up to me to try to time it well.

Girlfriends & low mileage hookups who bareback is much more pleasurable for me.

AV.

X Man
07-31-14, 13:12
GE asked, where would you look for a normal girl in AC?

Well, it was many years ago but I met an gal in AC thru one of the online sites. She was a maid at one of the better known hotels. On her day off I invited her over for a swim and we went from the pool to the bed. She later said, "I've never done That before. " (I think she was referring to the first date sex). Nevertheless, I agree with GE that AC is not a place you would expect to court "normal" women. Hell, you won't find anyone normal in that town.

I think most of the advice so far has been good. I will take a moment to respectfully disagree with members who suggest that a "street girl" is probably diseased and / or ladyboy, etc. Okay, late at night I generally stay away from the friendly streetwakers. Especially if they are aggressive. How about daytime. I chatted up a two girls walking down the street at noon. Gal told me what bar she worked at. I went to the bar that night and was greeted like some long lost bf. A great session followed. Use your imagination. In the late morning we went out to breakfast and she wanted to stop into the bar to talk to her friends. Much to my surprise, quite a few of the gals were sleeping on the bench-stlye sofa seating inside the bar. A bit sad. I had my sweaty, stinky ass on that sofa earlier in the morning.

I've had some pretty incredible sessions with gals who were not exactly working in the bar -- and I didn't catch anything from them except the sweet whiff of female pheromones.

Ex-bar girls. Bless their hearts. Some are on allowances, some on "permanent" bar fine, some just taking a rest after hitting the jackpot, some maybe just need to get away from the bar girl grind (pun somewhat intended). They live in the area and they have friends in the area. If they know you, or you have a bit of charisma, you can do well. You might just bump into one at the mall or walking down the street.

Nevertheless, I often do what a recent poster suggested. Stay a few days in AC and then take the Cebu Pacific flight to Cebu. I think they fly Tues, Th. , Sat.

Angeles City is probably not the most likely venue for chasing "normal" women. Where would you look?

WestCoast1
08-01-14, 15:33
I wanted a smart phone I could use both in USA and Phil because of my three times a year trips there and I picked the Moto G. My last trip was 30 days and it performed flawlessly in every regard. I used a Globe simm and had better coverage and in more places than the people I was with. So I will second Amavida's recommendation.Nightrider, clear out your inbox, its full. I can't reply to PM.

Kabul Guy
08-01-14, 17:29
just how easy is it to get cialis from a pharmacy in the phillipines?

i know that it is east to get it on the street but would perfer to get my drugs from a pharmacy to be safer.

also any idea of the cost from a pharmacy? i usually take the 20 mg pills because they last me 4 days and work out a little cheraper than the 5 mg ones (at least based on uae prices).

thanks.

Slippery
08-01-14, 22:30

i know that it is east to get it on the street but would perfer to get my drugs from a pharmacy to be safer.

also any idea of the cost from a pharmacy? i usually take the 20 mg pills because they last me 4 days and work out a little cheraper than the 5 mg ones (at least based on uae prices).

thanks.last i heard, and i think it was on this board, cialis can't be purchased at a pharmacy here due to some type of non-compliance by its manufacturer with the philippines fda. i guess there's some generic you can get though.

Amavida
08-02-14, 05:16

thanks.not available in the philippines at present. the generic viagra & levitra on the street is real. the generic cialis on the street is presently fake. do not waste your money.

av.

Radical Guy
08-02-14, 05:22
Not available in the Philippines at present. The generic Viagra & Levitra on the street is real. The generic Cialis on the street is presently fake. Do not waste your money.

AV.If you have some time, I suggest ordering generic Cialis by mail. I highly recommend the following site for buying generic Cialis and generic Viagra. It's dirt cheap, and every bit as good as the real thing. I've used this website about 5 times, and they are very reliable:

http://www.jcmrx.sx

RG.

Lonely566
08-04-14, 21:01
If you have some time, I suggest ordering generic Cialis by mail. I highly recommend the following site for buying generic Cialis and generic Viagra. It's dirt cheap, and every bit as good as the real thing. I've used this website about 5 times, and they are very reliable:

http://www.jcmrx.sx

RGI tried that site you mentioned. They took my money but never sent anything! I got no order number in the email to track it nor any response from my quieres. Might be a great.

Site but didn't work for me.

Radical Guy
08-05-14, 05:04
I tried that site you mentioned. They took my money but never sent anything! I got no order number in the email to track it nor any response from my quieres. Might be a great.

Site but didn't work for me.I don't know what to say. My most recent order was last month. They sent me 110 tabs (20 MG) of generic Cialis, which was as effective as the name brand, for $78.30 (shipping included), and it took two-and-a-half weeks to receive from India to the US. They emailed me a tracking number and everything, same as the other previous times.

RG.

X Man
08-05-14, 16:58
I'm not objecting to this exchange of info, but I do believe that ISG has a dedicated thread for the vitamin curious. Personally, I've used the India route as well as the AC / MM / Cebu street sellers route. Cialis. I've had firm results either way.

Lonely566
08-13-14, 13:51
I don't know what to say. My most recent order was last month. They sent me 110 tabs (20 MG) of generic Cialis, which was as effective as the name brand, for $78.30 (shipping included), and it took two-and-a-half weeks to receive from India to the US. They emailed me a tracking number and everything, same as the other previous times.

RG.They are very backed up over there in Mumbai. A guy got an email to me and everything looks to be ducky.

Thanks

Hutsori
08-14-14, 01:26
Just bringing it to your attention. Uber service in Manila, https://www.uber.com/cities/manila.

Those of you who want to know about the Manila to / from AC traffic may want to get the app NLigtas, http://www.mntc.com/media/news-20121029.htm & http://www.tollways.net.ph/en/. It won't fix the traffic but it'll give you a better idea of the duration of your travel.

GoodEnough
08-14-14, 14:25
Just bringing it to your attention. Uber service in Manila, https://www.uber.com/cities/manila.

Those of you who want to know about the Manila to / from AC traffic may want to get the app NLigtas, http://www.mntc.com/media/news-20121029.htm & http://www.tollways.net.ph/en/. It won't fix the traffic but it'll give you a better idea of the duration of your travel.I've been using Uber almost since its debut in Manila. It works fine in Makati and Ortigas, which are the areas in which I mostly use it. Coverage may be spotty in some areas though. For example, I've only been successful once in getting an Uber car to pick me up at the airport.

GE.

Laydher
08-16-14, 08:31
The South Korean embassy in Manila expressed alarm Thursday at a rise in crimes against its nationals in the Philippines, citing the killing of nine South Koreans this year alone.

Fred Gold
08-17-14, 01:37
I have never flown with them, but they say they allow 20 kg of free checked luggage in coach. Each additional kilo is 10 USD in Manila. Anyone have experience as to how strict they are with the charges?

Thanks FRED GOLD.

Stroker Ace88
08-17-14, 04:36
The South Korean embassy in Manila expressed alarm Thursday at a rise in crimes against its nationals in the Philippines, citing the killing of nine South Koreans this year alone.Most of the time it's one Korean settling a beef with another Korean. The odd time it's a local who was working for the Korean.

The main reason more Koreans are ending up dead in the Philippines, there are more Koreans visiting and living in the Philippines.

Stroker Ace88
08-17-14, 04:41
I have never flown with them, but they say they allow 20 kg of free checked luggage in coach. Each additional kilo is 10 USD in Manila. Anyone have experience as to how strict they are with the charges?

Thanks FRED GOLD.Depends, domestic or international?

PAL is fairly strict when it comes to enforcing the latest baggage policy. On certain domestic routes they weigh your carry on, they weigh your checked bag, then they will weigh you! You pay if you are over the allowed carry on and / or checked bag weight limit. They weigh you for even weight distribution on smaller aircraft.

If you are over the allowable limit you will pay up. IMO PAL is not as strict as CP, but YMMV.

Fred Gold
08-17-14, 05:00
Sorry, I omitted that it is from Manila to Bali. Yes, international and domestic can be very different.

On AirAsia they were very strict on one particular flight and I had to wear a few layers of clothes, sweating like a pig.

Thanks!

Depends, domestic or international?

PAL is fairly strict when it comes to enforcing the latest baggage policy. On certain domestic routes they weigh your carry on, they weigh your checked bag, then they will weigh you! You pay if you are over the allowed carry on and / or checked bag weight limit. They weigh you for even weight distribution on smaller aircraft.

If you are over the allowable limit you will pay up. IMO PAL is not as strict as CP, but YMMV.

Hutsori
08-17-14, 05:32
On AirAsia they were very strict on one particular flight and I had to wear a few layers of clothes, sweating like a pig.
I've flown AirAsia often and they are always very strict with weight. Kind of pisses me off when I see a 25+kg overweight bloke slide by free and easy - weight is weight, is it not? I find it dollar wise to pay for an extra 10 kg (22 lbs) when I book my flight online, typically an extra $25-$40 for a regional flight which is far less than the punitive penalty you'll pay at the check in counter.

Wicked Roger
08-17-14, 06:55
I've flown AirAsia often and they are always very strict with weight. Kind of pisses me off when I see a 25+kg overweight bloke slide by free and easy - weight is weight, is it not? I find it dollar wise to pay for an extra 10 kg (22 lbs) when I book my flight online, typically an extra $25-$40 for a regional flight which is far less than the punitive penalty you'll pay at the check in counter.Hutsori,

Have you sat next to me? LOL.

I use Air Asia a bit (as well as Cebu Pacific, but never PAL), yes strict but sometimes a nice smile and gentle banter helps. For the hand baggage I say I have 2 laptops and never been checked. Extra kilos purchased online are much cheaper than at airport. I regularly see passengers (mainly Korean and Japanese) having to unpack / repack their bags by the counter as the airline is strict. Always makes me smile.

Fred Gold
08-17-14, 18:54
Yes, a smile is the most universally accepted currency. All cultures accept it! And please & thank you in their language has the greatest exchange rate, beside it just being polite.

Happy hunting fred.

QUOTE=Wicked Roger;1609053 Hutsori.

Have you sat next to me? LOL.

I use Air Asia a bit (as well as Cebu Pacific, but never PAL), yes strict but sometimes a nice smile and gentle banter helps. For the hand baggage I say I have 2 laptops and never been checked. Extra kilos purchased online are much cheaper than at airport. I regularly see passengers (mainly Korean and Japanese) having to unpack / repack their bags by the counter as the airline is strict. Always makes me smile.

Kman1
08-22-14, 03:55
Returning back to the us from phi any issues at customs for single male traveler. Do they get nosy?

Levitraboner
08-22-14, 05:07
Returning back to the us from phi any issues at customs for single male traveler. Do they get nosy?Don't sweat that. You're a tourist.

Tally Wacker
08-22-14, 05:25
Returning back to the us from phi any issues at customs for single male traveler. Do they get nosy?I've never had any problems entering LA but they are nosy. There have been a few reports here of them checking your cell phone and or computer for stuff. Make sure you have no images saved you don't want to share.

Kabul Guy
08-22-14, 07:44
I've never had any problems entering LA but they are nosy. There have been a few reports here of them checking your cell phone and or computer for stuff. Make sure you have no images saved you don't want to share.You can always encrypt the images and send them to the cloud and then reinstate them on your hard drive once clear of Customs and other snoops.

D Cups
08-22-14, 14:57
Returning back to the us from phi any issues at customs for single male traveler. Do they get nosy?I've never had any issues at San Francisco airport in the last ten trips. Once I got tagged for luggage search but it was fairly quick.

Lonely566
08-23-14, 01:48
I've never had any issues at San Francisco airport in the last ten trips. Once I got tagged for luggage search but it was fairly quick.I have been to several places and taken lots of video that I not need my mom to see. Or customs. No problem so far. I tinking of mailing my memory chips home.

Anybody do that? DHL or FEDEX?

Red Kilt
08-23-14, 03:25
I posted this in the "Living in the Philippines" thread but I will re-post it here so that more guys who are interested and / or contemplating a change will be more likely to see it.

This link is to The Age newspaper (in Australia).

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/carry-on-abroad-20140818-3dv6x.html

Wander Luster
08-23-14, 06:08
The South Korean embassy in Manila expressed alarm Thursday at a rise in crimes against its nationals in the Philippines, citing the killing of nine South Koreans this year alone.I don't want to see physical harm to Koreans. I do want to see a big advertising campaign saying that PH citizens should be very suspect of those visiting from Korea. I've traveled 30+ countries and never seen "tourists" more horrible than Koreans in PH.

Wicked Roger
08-23-14, 08:07
I don't want to see physical harm to Koreans. I do want to see a big advertising campaign saying that PH citizens should be very suspect of those visiting from Korea. I've traveled 30+ countries and never seen "tourists" more horrible than Koreans in PH.Sxxxx. Please see this and note the comments (as well as read my PM). I gather you have been PMing a few members saying we are naïve etc but others also think some Koreans are bad tourists in many ways. Go to Globe or Metro supermarket and watch them. Some are nice, many unfortunately are rude and arrogant (or ignorant).

Nightrider1
08-23-14, 10:20
I don't want to see physical harm to Koreans. I do want to see a big advertising campaign saying that PH citizens should be very suspect of those visiting from Korea. I've traveled 30+ countries and never seen "tourists" more horrible than Koreans in PH.I have been to Phil 28 times since 2004 and have personally been treated rudely by Koreans many times. I don't understand why they think they are better than anyone else. It's not ALL Koreans though. I use Korean Airlines exclusively and their flight attendants and Airline staff are very courteous. Of course they are getting paid to be nice. LOL.

Hutsori
08-23-14, 14:34
I have been to Phil 28 times since 2004 and have personally been treated rudely by Koreans many times. I don't understand why they think they are better than anyone else. It's not ALL Koreans though. I use Korean Airlines exclusively and their flight attendants and Airline staff are very courteous. Of course they are getting paid to be nice. LOL.Cheer up, m8. It's not as dire as it seems. Sure they detest you. But they loathe each other even more.

Wicked Roger
08-24-14, 02:33
There has been debate on the effectiveness of any Philippine university and its abilities to compete on the wider stage (ie Asia not the world!

The latest QS survey seems to suggest that the previous conclusions on the low standards etc are true if this survey is to be given credence. Those who understand the education sector in the country will know more and may offer more informed comment.

The links below are self explanatory In the Asia's top 300 so few Philippines institutions (Ateneo Manila, De la Salle and Ateneo Davao only in the top 300 and then around 150 and well below) but look at the score on the box and see it is below 50 so really IMHO this shows that universities here are failing their students.

Juts a thought for those who sponsor a cutie to get a degree. Which is very important for many who get it and their families but in the wider competitive world?

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/asian-university-rankings/2014#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/asian-university-rankings/2014#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=.

Now am sure the methodology of assessing each university will be questioned and I am no expert but this is just for information for those who are interested.

Red Kilt
08-24-14, 04:09
. . .< SNIP > . . .

Now am sure the methodology of assessing each university will be questioned and I am no expert but this is just for information for those who are interested.A major criterion in the QS ranking is research quantum. Unless any University has a high proportion of spending on research then its ranking will drop, as has happened for Australian Universities with their large reduction in research budgets as a result of government cuts.

QS ranking is not a worthwhile means to assess whether your support for any filipina is well-placed unless you are generous enough to be subsidising a place in the private schools mentioned by WR.

Most of the regional universities are not even ranked once you get to place 300 or so in the Asian rankings. They are all just lumped together as "more than 300".

A much better measure is to look at the employment outcomes for a University or College; how many graduates actually pass the Licensure exams for entry to the various professions, such as Education, Law, Nursing, Engineering, Surveying. How many actually get jobs in the profession in which they trained.

This date is available from the Commission for Higher Education (CHED) or the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) websites. Philippines Business for Education (PBEd) also has a useful set of data on its website. Note that it doesn't include those with, for example, teaching degrees who are working in call centers.

Soapy Smith
08-24-14, 22:09
A much better measure is to look at the employment outcomes for a University or College; how many graduates actually pass the Licensure exams for entry to the various professions, such as Education, Law, Nursing, Engineering, Surveying. How many actually get jobs in the profession in which they trained.I agree. I explained a few years ago why the QS research design is flawed. It is tremendously over-represented by American and British evaluators. Participation is voluntary and there is no apparent effort to control for representativeness in the analysis. I was encouraged to participate from a particular Korean university with which I have had some interaction in the past. For the last two weeks before the deadline to participate they bombarded me with emails lauding all their wonderful programs, explanations as to the importance of the QS ranking, and convenient hotlinks to the online survey. I do not want to participate under those circumstances. I am sure there are several other participants on the Phils board who would be eligible to participate, but it would have been no less a waste of their time.

As RK points out, outcomes--actual placement rates--are far better indicators than prestige ratings or schools' strategic abilities to market themselves.

BTW, UP, at 63rd, actually ranked highest among the Philippine schools. Despite paying their faculty less competitive salaries, they are simply most selective in their admission of students. Brightest students coming in are pretty much the brightest students going out. Unfortunately, this tends to perpetuate class relations in the Phils, since the quality of high school preparation is heavily skewed toward private schools. A kid from a poor provincial public school who gets admitted to UP has gotten there on the basis of hard work and truly fast-firing synapses. I've been told that there was a previous policy to automatically extend acceptance to the top three finishers in every high school in the country. But that is no longer so--for reasons both good and bad.

GoodEnough
08-24-14, 23:46
If we conflate job placement and educational quality, then the former might be a definitive criterion. Of course, we would also want to consider the quality of the jobs obtained, and that consideration might skew the results negatively, since, cat least in my view, spending four years, for example, obtaining an HRM degree and subsequently securing a job as a waitress might cause one to question the value of a degree.

I would argue however that ascribing too much value to "placement" carries with it the strong implication that a primary function of a university is vocational, whereas I still retain the (perhaps overly idealistic) belief that intellectual development remains a university's primary function, and in that regard most tertiary institutions here fail miserably. The reasons for this are well known to many of us who have worked with schools here: inadequate physical plants, poorly trained faculty, lockstep curricula, inconsistent language (s) of instruction, minimal exposure to art, music, literature, and discouragement of intellectual curiosity.

Granted that virtually all surveys are based on core values or criteria with which reasonable people may disagree. I would argue however, that this survey's assessment of universities here is accurate.

GE.

Wicked Roger
08-25-14, 01:47
Granted that virtually all surveys are based on core values or criteria with which reasonable people may disagree. I would argue however, that this survey's assessment of universities here is accurate.

GE.Glad to see the more knowledgeable members such as GE and RK help me understand this better.

Any survey can be skewered as many governments in the world know.

What I find interesting is that none of the local press has picked up on tis survey regardless of how robust it is / is not. More chatter about the Pope again, Pacman being picked in the basketball draft (is he really a politician looking after his constituents?) plus the normal pork barrel and MRT woes.

I think it was the Singaporean president who said that education was the most important asset to his country and to his people hence the system there is held up as one of the best on the world (well according a recent documentary I saw on the Australian network). Sadly nt the case here methinks.

Skip. Apologies must have missed UP higher in the list (so make it 4 in the top 300).

Red Kilt
08-25-14, 02:18
. . .
I would argue however that ascribing too much value to "placement" carries with it the strong implication that a primary function of a university is vocational, whereas I still retain the (perhaps overly idealistic) belief that intellectual development remains a university's primary function, and in that regard most tertiary institutions here fail miserably. . . . I too have your (overly idealistic) belief GE but unfortunately this primary function of a university is rapidly being eroded in other countries by governments that simply do not get it.

The Australian HE system is being transformed into a group of prestige career providers; research funds are being cut; there is no longer any central science agency responsible for R & D, and we seem to be following the UK.

Re placement as a criterion: I was responding to WR's point that guys should check up on the quality of the qualifications of the institutions in which they are sponsoring students. In the Philippines, that simply means "will they get a job at the end of the course?" To use GE's example, if an HRM degree gets someone a job as a waitress in preference to an applicant without a degree then I guess we have to say it helps. But it's rather sad to contemplate.

Uzinuzin
08-25-14, 04:42
i'm just researching to go to philippines, around nov / dec for about 2 months and if i like it i can stay another month or two. i was going to go last year, but the back to back earthquake and hurricane put me off a bit.

my primary objective is not really going to girlie bars all day long, although i frequent them occasionally, but i like a bit of night life and clubs with fl and semis. i have travelled around and know the ropes but never been to philli.

for various reasons i don't want to be moving around, i need to rent a condo as a base (with good electric and internet connection) and then can make 3/4 days trips every now and then to see other places.

aside from girls i like to be in a walking distance to a nice beach and to night life, a few nearby bars for a few drinks and playing pool, but also not too far places (if possible) for swimming, snorkelling, fishing (from the shore), may be some [CodeWord121] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord121) (not that kind, the wind or kite surfing, boogy board, dingy sailing type etc.). i probably rent a bike and can make short trips around, but not too far. i know it's hard to have everything in one place, but hope to have a few at least. as i am there a long time, i like to do the normal things too, like going shopping, half-descend market, restaurant, cinema and so on.

i am not a big fan of big cities, but looking at various options in philli i am considering cebu as a base. but i don't see any nice beaches in walking distance there. someone who i know and travelled across phili suggested puerto galera, but it seems to me a very small place (not sure he was suggesting sabong beach or the pg city itself!

well, to make it easy for those who are familiar with los, patong in phuket is my ideal place (it almost has all the above i mentioned), before you say i should go there, i have already. many times / months, so looking for a change and also travel to a new country i always wanted to visit.

any answer / opinion would be appreciated with a few pros / cons.

GoodEnough
08-25-14, 04:49
I doubt that the topic of the quality of local tertiary institutions is of interest to more than a handful of forum readers, but it's obviously a topic of more than passing concern to RK, WR, and perhaps a few others in addition to me.

I've had an opportunity fairly recently to spend a bit of time at Diliman, and with some of its senior faculty, all of whom received their doctorates outside of this country. There's no doubt that they're extremely capable, highly intelligent, and committed teachers. There's also little doubt however that they are not representative of most tertiary faculty members around the country. Then too, though they're anomalies here, they would be nothing extraordinary in Western (and likely Singaporean or Japanese) institutions. My guess is that comparing Diliman--the best that this place has to offer--with the gamut of universities in the states, it would be roughly equivalent with a mediocre, middle-rung university. It's facilities are, to be kind, out-of-date and poorly maintained. There's little or no budget for sending faculty to international conferences, and research facilities, such as they are, are wholly inadequate or so my discussions with staff would suggest.

The simple fact is that there's absolutely no equivalence of investment in tertiary education between this country and other countries that place a higher value on and take pride in quality education. This is reflected in the anemic budgets for public education at all levels. The larger tragedy of course is that the country consistently fails to develop its human capital, thus dooming itself to lagging ever further behind those countries that do make the investment and reap the rewards.

GE.

Lonely566
08-25-14, 13:14
i'm just researching to go to philippines, around nov / dec for about 2 months and if i like it i can stay another month or two. i was going to go last year, but the back to back earthquake and hurricane put me off a bit.

my primary objective is not really going to girlie bars all day long, although i frequent them occasionally, but i like a bit of night life and clubs with fl and semis. i have travelled around and know the ropes but never been to philli.

for various reasons i don't want to be moving around, i need to rent a condo as a base (with good electric and internet connection) and then can make 3/4 days trips every now and then to see other places.

aside from girls i like to be in a walking distance to a nice beach and to night life, a few nearby bars for a few drinks and playing pool, but also not too far places (if possible) for swimming, snorkelling, fishing (from the shore), may be some [CodeWord121] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord121) (not that kind, the wind or kite surfing, boogy board, dingy sailing type etc.). i probably rent a bike and can make short trips around, but not too far. i know it's hard to have everything in one place, but hope to have a few at least. as i am there a long time, i like to do the normal things too, like going shopping, half-descend market, restaurant, cinema and so on.

i am not a big fan of big cities, but looking at various options in philli i am considering cebu as a base. but i don't see any nice beaches in walking distance there. someone who i know and travelled across phili suggested puerto galera, but it seems to me a very small place (not sure he was suggesting sabong beach or the pg city itself!

well, to make it easy for those who are familiar with los, patong in phuket is my ideal place (it almost has all the above i mentioned), before you say i should go there, i have already. many times / months, so looking for a change and also travel to a new country i always wanted to visit.

any answer / opinion would be appreciated with a few pros / cons.cagayan de oro is the place you out of go. nice bars with beautiful ladies. just out of town is the.

longest zipline in asia. nearby is rafting the cagayan river, which is a kick. hiking and caves. stay at victoria suites 800/ night and they are used to ladies coming and going. i give everyone tips to stay happy. good luck. i will also be there in november. i need to pick up some things and then going to circumnavigate samar. did mindanao last year. that is when i discovered cdo. never had so much fun. videoed a room full of naked ho's. he he he.

Sam 14
08-25-14, 15:32
i doubt that the topic of the quality of local tertiary institutions is of interest to more than a handful of forum readers, but it's obviously a topic of more than passing concern to rk, wr, and perhaps a few others in addition to me.
.... snip....
the larger tragedy of course is that the country consistently fails to develop its human capital, thus dooming itself to lagging ever further behind those countries that do make the investment and reap the rewards. ge.thanks guys. it's a topic of a bit more than a passing concern to me. because like several other members' posts, a look beneath the surface helps on a daily basis coping with this place, interacting with the locals, and just trying to stay sane.

secondly, since i'm not much into the point-and-dick stuff, aspiring students are a favorite demographic, and i've been able to help out a few. but i always thought that in the event i found someone i was fond of for more than just casual shagging, besides just short term spending money, one of the only things i could bring to the table would be letting her continue or pick up her education again. so that way, in the end when it comes time to get off that train, i would hope she'd be better off than she was when i got on, as opposed to having just wasted allot of her time and my money "studying". so that stuff helps, thanks again.

i am not a big fan of big cities, but looking at various options in philli i am considering cebu as a base. but i don't see any nice beaches in walking distance there.
....snip....

any answer / opinion would be appreciated with a few pros / cons.you described the place i been searching for about 2 years. there is no phuket or the old samui here, at least not that i know of. most nice beach places are either tourist traps, or you'd be extremely lucky to find real mustard in the supermarket. ge put it politely in the last part of his post. but you may find it hopeless before long, especially if you're used to what you described. it takes a certain type of person to stay here very long.

the visayas sound like your best bet so ya, you can land in cebu which is allot easier. i don't know about cdo, stopped in a few times, seems a bit gritty especially if you don't like bigger cities. but i don't recommend mindanao, westcoast just mentioned it in the other places thread. it's too conservative, the rest is dangerous, and it's mostly impossible to rent a motorcycle. davao is over crowded, noisy, smokey, and the beach stinks. think about tagbilaran. . big mall, colleges, beaches. or dumaguete, restaurants, nice apartments for cheap, beaches, mountains. not great for girl hunting, but they're there. province chicks in the hills and siquijoir. and you can jump a speedboat to cebu from either place. very few other places rent motorcycles, but the places i mentioned do. if you buy one, then you have that anchor around your neck anytime you want to transfer to another island.

the weather gets good on luzon that time if year, la unoin may work for you. there's a whole intersection packed with bars and chicks in case you get in a pinch.

all the best, let us know how it goes.

Pinaypounder
08-25-14, 17:18
I'm just researching to go to Philippines, around Nov / Dec for about 2 months and if I like it I can stay another month or two. I was going to go last year, but the back to back earthquake and hurricane put me off a bit.

My primary objective is not really going to girlie bars all day long, although I frequent them occasionally, but I like a bit of night life and clubs with FL and Semis. I have travelled around and know the ropes but never been to Philli.

/ cons.My Vote is 3 places:

Near to Subic, access to Angeles and its open clean and fresh.

Davoa is the nicest small city I have been to but hard to get laid professionally.

Cebu is not bad with close access to Bohol and Dumagete.

From Cebu lots of trips by Ferry are availble but Cebu is fast becoming Manila and Greater Manila is a shit hole of Epic portions!

PP.

Uzinuzin
08-26-14, 00:14
Thanks for the replies, I look into all suggested locations and probably come back with a few more specific queries.

Slippery
08-27-14, 05:23
What travelogue did you watch? I wouldn't even go in the water there.

Econo Tech
08-27-14, 06:31
What travelogue did you watch? I wouldn't even go in the water there.Me too am curious.

As recent as a year ago, a Ship service company was caught discharging waste water directly into the sea, meeting local laws, I. E. 2 km from the shore!

E

Pinaypounder
08-27-14, 19:22
Me too am curious.

As recent as a year ago, a Ship service company was caught discharging waste water directly into the sea, meeting local laws, I. E. 2 km from the shore!

EI was in Subic a while back looking for a place and travelled to the North.

I further researched it and the further north you go from Subic, the less people and the more wildlands you encounter whihc is what I like, clean and fresh with few people. Have a look at the area on Google Earth.

PP.

D Cups
08-27-14, 21:21
I was in Subic a while back looking for a place and travelled to the North.

I further researched it and the further north you go from Subic, the less people and the more wildlands you encounter whihc is what I like, clean and fresh with few people. Have a look at the area on Google Earth.

PP.Ya, years ago I went to Hundred Islands. It was nice but definitely bring your own girl. You can rent a boat and have a private beach.

Red Kilt
08-28-14, 04:27
I posted this link on another thread too.

For those of you looking for alternative things to do in the Philippines, see this link:

http://www.expatch.org/2014/08/21/rewind-the-top-100-places-to-visit-in-the-philippines/

X Man
08-28-14, 13:28
I had a local tell me that going south also provide nice alternatives.

I was in Subic a while back looking for a place and travelled to the North.

PP.

Uzinuzin
08-28-14, 18:47
I just read somewhere that the companies that offer the SIM + 3 G Data tariff for internet connection block certain ports and protocols like VPN.

I thought I can use the 3 G Data plans as a backup for Skype, VoIP, VPN, RDP, SSH or other random ports / protocols, is there any techy IT guy out there that could tell me if these operations are really blocked on 3 G? For example on SIMs from Globe, Smart etc.

I presume these are not blocked on the land-line broadband ADS / DSL services?

Fred Gold
08-28-14, 19:41
I assume there are several different mobile providers. What company do people think is the most value for data and voice. 3 G is good enough for me.

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.

I just read somewhere that the companies that offer the SIM + 3 G Data tariff for internet connection block certain ports and protocols like VPN.

I thought I can use the 3 G Data plans as a backup for Skype, VoIP, VPN, RDP, SSH or other random ports / protocols, is there any techy IT guy out there that could tell me if these operations are really blocked on 3 G? For example on SIMs from Globe, Smart etc.

I presume these are not blocked on the land-line broadband ADS / DSL services?

FreeFly55
08-28-14, 23:57
I assume there are several different mobile providers. What company do people think is the most value for data and voice. 3 G is good enough for me.

HAPPY HUNTING FRED.Smart or Globe are the main carriers, however, which is best depends on the area you will be for coverage purposes.

Econo Tech
08-29-14, 02:43

I presume these are not blocked on the land-line broadband ADS / DSL services?I use a Globe DSL and nothing is blocked including Cisco IP VPN and safe net, apart from Skype, whatsapp and all.

Same for 3 G smart, no issues.

BTW, I am semi network engineer so trust me, the days of blocking are long gone, in most countries. Except some Middle East nations, Vietnam (still maybe), Cambodia.

GoodEnough
08-29-14, 05:36
smart or globe are the main carriers, however, which is best depends on the area you will be for coverage purposes.i have both smart and globe on post paid contracts, and they're equally ineffective. i would say that they're roughly equivalent in terms of slow speeds, incidence (frequent) of dropped calls, and often poor voice quality. i'm convinced the reason for the ineffective (and mostly unacceptable) level of service is that there's simply no pay off to making the necessary investments. most filipinos text rather than call, and i'm guessing that the paid subscriber base for premium services is relatively small. the same is true for internet services here, where 5 mbps is considered quite fast, and streaming video without frequent interruptions is unusual.

ge.

Fred Gold
08-29-14, 07:33
I will only be in manila area. Well over 80+% of time. Which do you recommend or are both equally bad?

Thanks.

Smart or Globe are the main carriers, however, which is best depends on the area you will be for coverage purposes.

Econo Tech
08-29-14, 08:31
I will only be in manila area. Well over 80+% of time. Which do you recommend or are both equally bad?

Thanks.I had zero signal on smart in Citadel hotel, but Globe had full signal.

I got the smart pocket WIFI, and that has better reception regardless other facts. PHP one wii'.

FreebieFan
08-29-14, 09:23

Thanks.Without making it more complicated, imagine a certain company owns a lot of malls and car parks and hotels in and around Makati and also parts of Manila, not forgetting ownership of some commercial buildings too. They have a rather large thoroughfare in Makati named in their honour. Well given that they actually built the road it sees reasonable.

Now imagine that same company also owns a telcom company.

So guess whos signal they promote and lets be kind, and says, guess who's signals they don't block, but don't actively promote either.

This maybe of help depending on where you are going to be.

X Man
08-29-14, 13:11
Seems like some kind of inside joke. Those of us who don't live or hang out in Makati have no idea what you're on about. So does Smart ave. Turn onto Ayala Ave, or does Globe Blvd turn into. Whatever. Without making it more complicated indeed.

Without making it more complicated, imagine a certain company owns a lot of malls and car parks and hotels in and around Makati and also parts of Manila, not forgetting ownership of some commercial buildings too. They have a rather large thoroughfare in Makati named in their honour. Well given that they actually built the road it sees reasonable.

Now imagine that same company also owns a telcom company.

So guess whos signal they promote and lets be kind, and says, guess who's signals they don't block, but don't actively promote either.

This maybe of help depending on where you are going to be.

Tercar 66
08-29-14, 14:10
Hi guys,

Can I buy a sim card at the airport. Please also guide me as to which company sim card should I buy with a package that gives me internet facility to check my e-mails, face book etc whenever I am not in my hotel using Wifi.

In which area are the fish bowls pick ups located and what are the exisiting rates for the night. My last time in Manila was many years ago.

Thanks

Wicked Roger
08-29-14, 14:24
Seems like some kind of inside joke. Those of us who don't live or hang out in Makati have no idea what you're on about. So does Smart ave. Turn onto Ayala Ave, or does Globe Blvd turn into. Whatever. Without making it more complicated indeed.Not complicated X, easy a Ayala have a shareholding in Globe (who have SingTel as a major shareholder) and a FF says the globe reception is generally better in those malls than any other operator.

Personally Fred I would choose Globe. I find Smart has more drop off calls and too many subscribers make for a slow service at times IMHO.

Uzinuzin
08-29-14, 22:11
i use a globe dsl and nothing is blocked including cisco ip vpn and safe net, apart from skype, whatsapp and all.

same for 3 g smart, no issues.

btw, i am semi network engineer so trust me, the days of blocking are long gone, in most countries. except some middle east nations, vietnam (still maybe), cambodia.thanks for the info, i was in uae last year and they block skype there on their 3 g (international call was very expensive, hence the block) - purely for business, comms companies work together like a cartel.

in cambodia there was no problem at all, best 3 g ever, really cheap, i recall topping up us $2 every few days for calls and data. good speed and no drops, it's basically because there aren't many users. many people can't afford it. like building a brand new highway and not many cars in it! (i bet it won't last very long).

for those asking which sim to buy in philippine, from what i understand it's really cheap, so you but one of each !

Hutsori
08-29-14, 23:53
Hi guys,

Can I buy a sim card at the airport. Please also guide me as to which company sim card should I buy with a package that gives me internet facility to check my e-mails, face book etc whenever I am not in my hotel using Wifi.

In which area are the fish bowls pick ups located and what are the exisiting rates for the night. My last time in Manila was many years ago.

ThanksYou can buy a sim pretty much anywhere. I had an airport cop offer me one as I was changing money. Always check the convenience stores and small grocers if you don't see a mobile shop. I think the wisest investment one can make is to get a dual-sim mobile and use both a smart and globe sim. Of course a dual-sim mobile is a single point of failure if it gets lost or is stolen. Having two phones, one for each network, gives you redundancy. A smart sim is p40, and I'm sure globe is about the same. The telcos offer all kinds of enticements to their network users that you can use by having both sims, for example smart has a deal for p250 which you can text all networks for 30 days but the 180 minutes of voice doesn't include globe. BTW, if you purchase a sim just before leaving the Philippines, and don't use it, you'll have a useable sim for your next arrival.

Matthew4004
08-30-14, 02:48
Hi guys,

I've got a fetish for grannies and MILFs, how much do you think I should be asking for long time from this group. Also, where is a good place to find this group? Because they aren't at the bars very much.

Thanks

Matthew4004
08-30-14, 03:12
Hi guys,

I've got a fetish for grannies and MILFs, how much do you think I should be asking for long time from this group. Also, where is a good place to find this group? Because they aren't at the bars very much.

ThanksSorry I forgot to say that I'm coming for about 10-12 days and I want to be getting about 2 or 3 long time sessions in a day with grannies or MILFs if possible. Probably have them coming back to fill in the gaps between finding new ones.

Where is good for finding women over 50?

I would assume mature hookers would be a bit cheaper wouldn't they?

How much do you think that will set me back per day? Do you think a budget of $75 would make that possible? Basically I want to be in bed all day for 12 days straight.

I know there is dateinasia.com, are there any others as good?, plentyoffish isn't super active.

Thanks

Hutsori
08-30-14, 03:23
Hi guys,

ThanksJoin a dating site and read craig's list casual encounters. I get plenty of messages from that age group who are desperately looking for a shag. Shouldn't cost you a thing.

Matthew4004
08-30-14, 05:24
Hi guys,

How cheap do you think I could get a girl to come over everyday for a week for 4 hours at a time to wake me up every morning.

I like the idea of having 3 girls a day for 4 hours at a time.

I'm talking about MILFs from my corner, but I'd be curious about girls too.

Thanks

WestCoast1
08-30-14, 06:12
Hi guys,

ThanksIn what area?

Econo Tech
08-30-14, 06:59
Hi guys,

ThanksAlas you don't have PM or I can PM you an informal mama who does my bidding in Manila, including my request once for a 45 year girl who I can screw.

She does deliver my requests.

Plan be, as suggested, pay for a date site, membership and state what you want, you should get it.

Slippery
08-30-14, 08:13
Hi guys,

ThanksIf you're too cheap to get a membership here, you're too cheap to get a membership at a decent dating site. I'm surprised two very senior members here responded to your inquiry with any degree of courtesy. Finally, if you don't even know where to find this "group" in the Philippines, you've never been here. If you have, start going to church.

Wicked Roger
08-30-14, 10:03
If you're too cheap to get a membership here, you're too cheap to get a membership at a decent dating site. I'm surprised two very senior members here responded to your inquiry with any degree of courtesy. Finally, if you don't even know where to find this "group" in the Philippines, you've never been here. If you have, start going to church.LOL he has 2 FR both questions, in the UAE forum that is called 'manager class'.

But Slippery, church is good to get cuties a well. I should know I used to 'go' to church in the UAE. Dropped one off and offered my car as a taxi to the pretty ones leaving. I may burn in hell but it was fun while I was there LOL.

Econo Tech
08-30-14, 10:10
It is fun in the Philippines!

http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/67569-people-disability-service-dog-mall-access?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral

BTW on another site the vast local majority have decided the foreigner is guilty.

Pip Jaeger
08-30-14, 15:04
SNIP
The telcos offer all kinds of enticements to their network users that you can use by having both sims, for example smart has a deal for p250 which you can text all networks for 30 days but the 180 minutes of voice doesn't include globe. BTW, if you purchase a sim just before leaving the Philippines, and don't use it, you'll have a useable sim for your next arrival.The Smart deal, MEGA250, also includes 100 mb of data; granted that's not much, but adequate if you need to check email (s) or if you get lost and need to get back on track via Google maps. To get it, at least back in the spring when I was last there, text: MEGA250 to this number: 2477 (you may want to verify that the promo is still running via the Smart website. Google it). And you can always buy more data if needed.

Obviously you need to have a 250 p load on your phone before taking advantage of the above offer. That brings me to another point, in addition to buying a new sim card (as Hut's suggested) you may also consider buying a load card (even if you don't get a new sim and want to use your old sim); I generally get the 300 p one that Smart offers. If you do get a new sim card and / or a load card, check on the back for the expiration date. Most are good for at least 1 year so make sure you get a fresh one and not one that's about to expire.

One other tip, be sure to turn cellular data OFF unless you are actively using it otherwise you will burn up your data time and / or load. I made that mistake on my first visit. I couldn't figure out where my 500 p load went after a few days (this was before I learned about the MEGA250 deal). Turned out that I was being charged something like 7 or 10 p every 30 minutes for data. At least when I went to the Smart service center in one of the malls the cute girl there was not only kind enough to tell me about the MEGA250 deal, but she put it onto my for phone for free to compensate me for my own ignorance, LOL (2 nights later she also got dinner, a shag and nice tip too; insert big grin).

WestCoast1
08-30-14, 16:55
Turned out that I was being charged something like 7 or 10 p every 30 minutes for data. At least when I went to the Smart service center in one of the malls the cute girl there was not only kind enough to tell me about the MEGA250 deal, but she put it onto my for phone for free to compensate me for my own ignorance, LOL (2 nights later she also got dinner, a shag and nice tip too; insert big grin).Pip, you dog. You mean its possible to head into a mall, find a pretty, young filipina behind the counter, sweet-talk her, slip her your phone number, and a night or two later she might end up in your bed being as nawty as can be on camera? Dammit man, I've never experienced such a thing (see pic for proof). What will the basement-gents, sitting at home reading this, think of filipine culture now?

Fast Eddie 48
08-30-14, 23:17
You can buy a sim pretty much anywhere. I had an airport cop offer me one as I was changing money. Always check the convenience stores and small grocers if you don't see a mobile shop. I think the wisest investment one can make is to get a dual-sim mobile and use both a smart and globe sim. Of course a dual-sim mobile is a single point of failure if it gets lost or is stolen. Having two phones, one for each network, gives you redundancy. A smart sim is p40, and I'm sure globe is about the same. The telcos offer all kinds of enticements to their network users that you can use by having both sims, for example smart has a deal for p250 which you can text all networks for 30 days but the 180 minutes of voice doesn't include globe. BTW, if you purchase a sim just before leaving the Philippines, and don't use it, you'll have a useable sim for your next arrival.To hutsori.

That is funny Airport cop offer you sell you a phone card I have a Airport security offer to change money one time at Clark arrive at midnight all money exchange is closed, I just need some money for taxi and he try to rip me off.

Fast eddie 48.

Econo Tech
08-31-14, 01:35
Pip, you dog. You mean its possible to head into a mall, find a pretty, young filipina behind the counter, sweet-talk her, slip her your phone number, and a night or two later she might end up in your bed being as nawty as can be on camera? Dammit man, I've never experienced such a thing (see pic for proof). What will the basement-gents, sitting at home reading this, think of filipine culture now?Mm, I never get so lucky.

Oh, because I unli Surf on Smart. LOL.

Maybe next visit I am going to Mega.

Thanks for the tip.

Jack Burton
09-01-14, 09:01
I doubt that the topic of the quality of local tertiary institutions is of interest to more than a handful of forum readers, but it's obviously a topic of more than passing concern to RK, WR, and perhaps a few others in addition to me.

I've had an opportunity fairly recently to spend a bit of time at Diliman, and with some of its senior faculty, /cut/
The larger tragedy of course is that the country consistently fails to develop its human capital, thus dooming itself to lagging ever further behind those countries that do make the investment and reap the rewards.

GE.Could one create a top-flight university in the Philippines, or are there not enough well-trained PhDs in the Philippines to do this? I've been pricing Quezon real estate rentals just for the better quality contacts available, based on your info. But I do want more than an upscale Jollibee's of a woman / women.

Some days I take things as they come, but some I just dream big.

Radical Guy
09-01-14, 18:11
I've heard many folks criticize Cebu Pacific for domestic flights, but in my experience, they sure surpass PAL in many ways. I just booked a one-way flight from Butuan to Kalibo online on the PAL website, and their website would not let me prepay baggage as part of the online booking. If you wait until the day of the flight, you must pay several times the prepaid fee to check your bags for both airlines, but at least with Cebu Pacific, you can just add the lower prepaid fee it to your online booking. With my PAL reservation, I had to make an international call (they wouldn't even let me use the US toll-free number) and give them my credit card info over the phone. What a pain in the ass!

Also, last time I booked a PAL flight online, when I was checking in, they made me leave the line to go to the ticket office to "verify" my credit card. They wanted to see the physical card. I almost missed my flight because of this nonsense! I've never had such problems with Cebu Pacific.

RG.

WestCoast1
09-01-14, 19:02
SNIP

With my PAL reservation, I had to make an international call (they wouldn't even let me use the US toll-free number) and give them my credit card info over the phone. What a pain in the ass!

Also, last time I booked a PAL flight online, when I was checking in, they made me leave the line to go to the ticket office to "verify" my credit card. They wanted to see the physical card. I almost missed my flight because of this nonsense! I've never had such problems with Cebu Pacific.

RG.It's more fun in Philippines. The list of scummy infrastructure and frustrating cultural issues continues.

Yet the one cultural issue that keeps me coming back for more also continues: pinay sex, happiness, and her desire to sex ISG guys who post pictures.

Mabuhay!

Wicked Roger
09-02-14, 06:21
I've heard many folks criticize Cebu Pacific for domestic flights, but in my experience, they sure surpass PAL in many ways. I just booked a one-way flight from Butuan to Kalibo online on the PAL website, and their website would not let me prepay baggage as part of the online booking. If you wait until the day of the flight, you must pay several times the prepaid fee to check your bags for both airlines, but at least with Cebu Pacific, you can just add the lower prepaid fee it to your online booking. With my PAL reservation, I had to make an international call (they wouldn't even let me use the US toll-free number) and give them my credit card info over the phone. What a pain in the ass!

RG.I have only used PAL when I really had too (ie no choice) and I find it useless and frustrating especially if I book a flight for a cutie and I am not with her.

I tried to cancel a ticket with PAL and that proved useless as it refused to cancel it, the customer service person telling it could not handle the cancellation due to a ticket restriction that was not written on the web site or ticket (was a very weird and frustrating 45 minutes).

With PAL you have to visit a PAL office to verify the card. Completely ridiculous in this day and age. Verify to me means they need to see you with the card, check your ID etc but that can be done (if it must) at the check in counter. Same with the idiot issue of asking to see your ticket to leave the Philippines before you rive when you check in at any Asian airport ("welcome to the Philippines sir, when are you leaving" LOL).

Only in the Philippines.

Amavida
09-02-14, 10:18

Thanks.I recommend a dual SIM phone with both. Black spots occur for both networks. In general I favor Globe with Smart as the backup. Smart is also the most popular amongst average girls. Better off girls are more discerning. If possible I use Globe for business / personal / data & Smart is used for mongering. But as I said if you're in a Globe blackspot switch to Smart (and vice versa). A decent dual sim Android phone is cheap. I can't imagine the drama of having to carry around two iPhones etc everywhere. YMMV.

If you're visiting then buy PHP1000 load on BOTH Globe & Smart & activate their respective unlimited internet deals for 30 day's. Switch between which is best signal in a given location.

AV.

Buko Max
09-02-14, 14:06
I've heard many folks criticize Cebu Pacific for domestic flights, but in my experience, they sure surpass PAL in many ways.Always try to avoid legacy airlines such as PAL! Cebu Pacific has a three day cut-off before your flight to pay for your baggage online. One time I did miss the cut-off and had to pay during check-in. Upon review of my credit card statement, CP had charged my CC an extra amount which I promptly disputed. Never heard from CP one way or the other! This is the extent of any hassles I have had with CP.

Nice happy pictures WC1!

X Man
09-02-14, 14:20
If you ask AV about phones, he's a fountain of info. Very detailed and specific info.

If you ask AV about bars, hotels, beaches. LOL.

I recommend a dual SIM phone with both. Black spots occur for both networks. In general I favor Globe with Smart as the backup. Smart is also the most popular amongst average girls. Better off girls are more discerning. If possible I use Globe for business / personal / data & Smart is used for mongering. But as I said if you're in a Globe blackspot switch to Smart (and vice versa). A decent dual sim Android phone is cheap. I can't imagine the drama of having to carry around two iPhones etc everywhere. YMMV.

If you're visiting then buy PHP1000 load on BOTH Globe & Smart & activate their respective unlimited internet deals for 30 day's. Switch between which is best signal in a given location.

AV.

Amavida
09-03-14, 02:38
If you ask AV about phones, he's a fountain of info. Very detailed and specific info.

If you ask AV about bars, hotels, beaches. LOL.X Man, Leaving pointlessly argumentative posts all around the forum is a good way to get yourself in trouble with Jackson. Again.

AV.

Econo Tech
09-03-14, 04:03
I have only used PAL when I really had too (ie no choice) and I find it useless and frustrating especially if I book a flight for a cutie and I am not with her.The card verification is needed now, if your card doesn't do a 3 D verification, via SmS with a OTP.

Here in SG, the only airline now enforcing physical card verification is Jet star and Cebu Pacific. Pal dfoeabt do it for tickets bought in SG!

WestCoast1
09-03-14, 04:49
Nice happy pictures WC1!Thanks BM. I'm a 'make-them-happy' kind-o-guy.

Lonely566
09-03-14, 14:03
Thanks BM. I'm a 'make-them-happy' kind-o-guy.Why do you block out her pretty eyes? She married or something?

D Cups
09-03-14, 15:33
Always try to avoid legacy airlines such as PAL! Cebu Pacific has a three day cut-off before your flight to pay for your baggage online. One time I did miss the cut-off and had to pay during check-in. Upon review of my credit card statement, CP had charged my CC an extra amount which I promptly disputed. Never heard from CP one way or the other! This is the extent of any hassles I have had with CP.
Nice happy pictures WC1!I have used them both extensively and don't like either of them. On PAL I had enough miles to upgrade to business class last trip and still had to pay some bullshit fee. Then there were some old non-stop yappity yap Filipina broads behind me in business class that boarded from San Francisco to Manila that I had to threaten to shut up and they finally did. Yet PAL is the only non-stop direct airlines from San Francisco to Manila. Cebu Pacific, too, is run by a bunch of monkeys. I've had to cancel numerous flights with them due to changing schedule and never get a refund even when I go to their office next to Robinson's in Malate. Yet, they are the only low-cost carrier between Philippine cities. What's a guy to do? At least the CP flight attendants are cute. Man, would I like to bang some of those cuties.

X Man
09-03-14, 17:51
Sorry if you feel that way, I just can't understand why your phone tech posts go into such great detail, but you seem reluctant to make any Philippine specific field reports. Maybe you're just a techie guy. Please refrain from over-generalizing. Just because I occasionally disagree with you, does not mean that I leave "argumentative posts all around the forum".

X Man, Leaving pointlessly argumentative posts all around the forum is a good way to get yourself in trouble with Jackson. Again.

AV.

Amavida
09-03-14, 18:03
The card verification is needed now, if your card doesn't do a 3 D verification, via SmS with a OTP.

Here in SG, the only airline now enforcing physical card verification is Jet star and Cebu Pacific. Pal dfoeabt do it for tickets bought in SG!SIA stipulate in their terms that you bring the card to check in although they've never requested it of me. I needed to book a flight this week, my Aussie visa card was rejected for payment online but my Philippines MasterCard had no issues. Why? Who knows.

AV.

Wicked Roger
09-04-14, 01:07
I Cebu Pacific, too, is run by a bunch of monkeys. I've had to cancel numerous flights with them due to changing schedule and never get a refund even when I go to their office next to Robinson's in Malate. Yet, they are the only low-cost carrier between Philippine cities.

At least the CP flight attendants are cute. Man, would I like to bang some of those cuties.Cebu Pacific never give a cash refund, has not done so for a long time. All you get is a 'travel credit' that is valid for a short time or you loose it. This is the reason why they are budget (well one of them at least. It does not like to return customers money and keeps in the fund hoping you won't use it).

Air Asia Zest also flies domestically and that has cheap flights (lots of advertisements recently) and is OK if it uses the Air Asia planes not the tatty and in need of TLC Zest planes rebranded.

Never expect much from budget airlines is my rule and then you are never disappointed. IT gets me from A to be safely then I am a happy camper. Everything else you should see as a bonus IMHO (and I fly a lot and I only fly budget when I pay for the ticket myself).

Yes some of the crews are cute and on an Air Asia flight internationally recently was playing a game of which 2 I would take first in a threesome LOL. Well it passed the time LOL.

Amavida
09-04-14, 07:23
Cebu Pacific never give a cash refund, has not done so for a long time. All you get is a 'travel credit' that is valid for a short time or you loose it. This is the reason why they are budget (well one of them at least. It does not like to return customers money and keeps in the fund hoping you won't use it).

Air Asia Zest also flies domestically and that has cheap flights (lots of advertisements recently) and is OK if it uses the Air Asia planes not the tatty and in need of TLC Zest planes rebranded.

Never expect much from budget airlines is my rule and then you are never disappointed. IT gets me from A to be safely then I am a happy camper. Everything else you should see as a bonus IMHO (and I fly a lot and I only fly budget when I pay for the ticket myself).

Yes some of the crews are cute and on an Air Asia flight internationally recently was playing a game of which 2 I would take first in a threesome LOL. Well it passed the time LOL.In my experience CP advertise promo special deals prices then cheerfully cancel the flight on the day leaving you stranded. I don't bother any more. Yes expect little of budget airlines & you won't be too disappointed.

AV.

Lonely566
09-07-14, 00:42
anyone got the [CodeWord116] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord116) on samar island in the philippines? i am starting a 5 month mc tour there in november. need a little help.

from monger bros. i plan to circumvent the island. my bike is there. i put it in storage after doing mindanao last year. uich is the subject of my soon to be published ebook. a sequel to "motorcycling in ghana" i published about last years trip. its on amazon. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. so anyone done samar. i hear it is the poorest region in all of philippines. god bless. if it wasn't for poverty, i would never get laid! can i have an amen?

BrainDrain
09-07-14, 00:49
SIA stipulate in their terms that you bring the card to check in although they've never requested it of me. I needed to book a flight this week, my Aussie visa card was rejected for payment online but my Philippines MasterCard had no issues. Why? Who knows.

AV.I had to provide the card at SIA check-in at Manila. Unfortunately the card I carry when travelling is different to my purchasing card. That caused all sorts of drama and I needed to sign some additional documentation to state that I would make good the payment on the actual card I was carrying. And I was in Biz class travelling on biz there was no mercy.

Mbsl65
09-07-14, 19:53
i read your book and it was fun. i am looking forward to your new one. i assume you will do another kindle edition.

anyone got the [CodeWord116] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord116) on samar island in the philippines? i am starting a 5 month mc tour there in november. need a little help.

from monger bros. i plan to circumvent the island. my bike is there. i put it in storage after doing mindanao last year. uich is the subject of my soon to be published ebook. a sequel to "motorcycling in ghana" i published about last years trip. its on amazon. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. so anyone done samar. i hear it is the poorest region in all of philippines. god bless. if it wasn't for poverty, i would never get laid! can i have an amen?

Lonely566
09-08-14, 12:24
I read your book and it was fun. I am looking forward to your new one. I assume you will do another Kindle edition.The next installment of the 5 part series will be out in about a week. "Motorcycling in Mindanao". This one is a little heavier on actual.

Nuts and bolts of Packing, driving, living on the road with a motorcycle. Also a lot more information on scoring babes when your 61.

Years old. LOL Thanks again. Lonely.

Col Law
09-08-14, 19:22
Done a search in here but can not find, tried searching uk Philippine Embassy site, can't find, can someone assist and point me to where the visa on arrival application on arival forms are to found (59 days) .

Thanks.

Col law.

Pip Jaeger
09-08-14, 22:04
Done a search in here but can not find, tried searching uk Philippine Embassy site, can't find, can someone assist and point me to where the visa on arrival application on arival forms are to found (59 days). Thanks. Col law.The formal application like you use for a renewal is not needed when getting the visa at the airport (MNL or CEB). Simply present with your passport, the form they give you on the plane (completed of course), your itinerary or return ticket showing that will be departing (which they may not even ask for) and the respective amount in pesos (should be about p2,750). Once in MNL another guy didn't have pesos so they escorted him out to a money changer in the terminal; note that this was in the wee hours and it was not busy so I don't know if that was an usual practice for the BOI to do that.

Wicked Roger
09-09-14, 01:31
Done a search in here but can not find, tried searching uk Philippine Embassy site, can't find, can someone assist and point me to where the visa on arrival application on arival forms are to found (59 days) .

Thanks.

Col law.In addition to PJ's comments Col.

In Manila T1 the office is to the left of passport control just go in there say you want a 59 day visa, give the passport etc and wait. Cost around PHP 3000. Be patient as an officer has to go to the departure area to get the change. Really no joke (so allow 15 minutes for this).

In Cebu is also to the left of passport control.

Only when you renew in country are there forms to fill in (including character references for each applicant. Which would be interesting for some of us LOL).

Erato Gelato
09-10-14, 07:45
I'm looking for a destination in Phil (or perhaps other SEA destination) where I can both rent a surfboard and find a good selection of compensated companionship. Ideal would be a surfer's analag to PG / Sabang, though I know that's a unique setup.

Some of the places I've read about that are ideal for learning / practicing surfing are:

Siargio.

San Juan, La Union.

Baler, Aurora.

Pundaquit, San Antionio, Zambales.

Babasgas Beach, Camarines Norte.

Is there good nightlife action at or near any of these places (or some other destination I've overlooked)?

(BTW, despite the low post count, I've actually been an occasional poster and regular lurker over the past several years, mostly in the Taiwan and Thailand forums, for what it's worth. Opted to open a new account recently after losing track of my password.).

WestCoast1
09-10-14, 14:39
I'm looking for a destination in Phil (or perhaps other SEA destination) where I can both rent a surfboard and find a good selection of compensated companionship. Ideal would be a surfer's analag to PG / Sabang, though I know that's a unique setup.I'll send you some info in PM, when you get PM.

(BTW, despite the low post count, I've actually been an occasional poster and regular lurker over the past several years, mostly in the Taiwan and Thailand forums, for what it's worth. Opted to open a new account recently after losing track of my password.).Its worth something. What was your previous username?

Erato Gelato
09-10-14, 15:29
I'll send you some info in PM, when you get PM.

Its worth something. What was your previous username?I was Typhun in a former life.

I've just resubscribed, and can send / receive PMs again.

Member #4351
09-10-14, 15:47
I'll send you some info in PM, when you get PM.He appears to have PM capability.

Sam 14
09-10-14, 19:20
I'm looking for a destination in Phil (or perhaps other SEA destination) where I can both rent a surfboard and find a good selection of compensated companionship.

Snip..

Is there good nightlife action at or near any of these places (or some other destination I've overlooked)?
Don't know about the others you mentioned, but spent a week on Sairgao and there's nothing that I know of. And the local cuties are hard to get for obvious reasons. The surfer expat crew all have their little squeezes, but the pickins are slim. And it's just got the basics, there's really only 2 good restaurants. La Union on the other hand has one major intersection packed with bars. (8 km south of San Juan). You can go bang like a screen door in the wind there.

Lonely566
09-11-14, 00:25
I'm looking for a destination in Phil (or perhaps other SEA destination) where I can both rent a surfboard and find a good selection of compensated companionship. Ideal would be a surfer's analag to PG / Sabang, though I know that's a unique setup.

Some of the places I've read about that are ideal for learning / practicing surfing are:

Siargio.

San Juan, La Union.

Baler, Aurora.

Pundaquit, San Antionio, Zambales.

Babasgas Beach, Camarines Norte.

(BTW, despite the low post count, I've actually been an occasional poster and regular lurker over the past several years, mostly in the Taiwan and Thailand forums, for what it's worth. Opted to open a new account recently after losing track of my password.).Just hook up with a babe in Cebu City and take her wherever your going. If you had read my book: Motorcycling in Mindanao. You would know that and a lot more. Je je je.

Radical Guy
09-14-14, 17:35
Hi folks,

I have an iPhone 5 now (AT&T), and I will be getting my new iPhone 6 Plus this Friday. On Wednesday, Sep. 24, I am flying to the Philippines for 2 weeks. I am planning to sell my old iPhone 5, which will be unlocked. I have heard that the market for used iPhones is very hot in Asia, especially since now there are many sellers in the US due to the saturation caused by release of iPhone 6.

QUESTION: Do you think I can get a better price for my used iPhone in the Philippines or in the US? If Philippines would be better, where would I likely get a decent price? Any thoughts?

RG.

WestCoast1
09-14-14, 18:57
QUESTION: Do you think I can get a better price for my used iPhone in the Philippines or in the US? If Philippines would be better, where would I likely get a decent price? Any thoughts?

RG.Ebay will give you a good idea of the current value of a used iPhone 5. Start there.

Amavida
09-15-14, 00:47
RG.I don't think its a good idea to try dispose of it in the Phil's. The poor people will be trying to SELL you theirs. The well off insist on new. Asian people hate second hand. The country is overflowing with pawn shops that are overflowing with pawned cell phones.

You try Sulit.com or one of the many other Philippine eBay clones but I don't think you'll have time.

Just my two centavos.

AV.

Member #4387
09-15-14, 03:02
I don't think its a good idea to try dispose of it in the Phil's. The poor people will be trying to SELL you theirs. The well off insist on new. Asian people hate second hand. The country is overflowing with pawn shops that are overflowing with pawned cell phones.

You try Sulit.com or one of the many other Philippine eBay clones but I don't think you'll have time.

Just my two centavos.

AV.My Ipad was stolen from a not so good girl some time back. It was to be collectable in a pawnshop in Robinson Malate. The girl stealing it got a heavy meet with the phil police in which I know one person with high ranks. Find my Ipad was working surprisingly well and the girl was into a situation she did not handled that well.

Hutsori
09-15-14, 03:46
Hi folks,

I have an iPhone 5 now (AT&T), and I will be getting my new iPhone 6 Plus this Friday. On Wednesday, Sep. 24, I am flying to the Philippines for 2 weeks. I am planning to sell my old iPhone 5, which will be unlocked. I have heard that the market for used iPhones is very hot in Asia, especially since now there are many sellers in the US due to the saturation caused by release of iPhone 6.

RG.If you're staying in Makati you can check out the second-hand mobile shops at Makati Square (formerly Makati Cinema Square) on Pasong Tamo (aka Chino Roces) near Arnaiz St (aka Libertad). If you're staying in Ermita / Malate check out Harrison Plaza. You should be able to determine the local market's value of your mobile. Apple's network partners in the Philippines, Smart Communications and Globe Telecom, have yet to announce the availability of both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in their roster of devices bundled with postpaid LTE plans. Nonetheless, I believe the handsets will arrive locally in October or November 2014.

So, check out the prices in US, then check 'em in Manila, and decide where to sell.

Hutsori
09-15-14, 04:24
My Ipad was stolen from a not so good girl some time back. It was to be collectable in a pawnshop in Robinson Malate. The girl stealing it got a heavy meet with the phil police in which I know one person with high ranks. Find my Ipad was working surprisingly well and the girl was into a situation she did not handled that well.How did you locate the iPad at the particular pawnshop? Tracking software? Or did the girl fess up?

Mbsl65
09-15-14, 04:52
Hi, first of all you can not sell AT&T locked phone without unlocking to be used by the local carriers. AT&T has an unlocking website and they do give you all kind of reason why they should not unlock the devices. Last week I went on and on with them regarding unlocking a Nokia 2520 tablet and no positive results after 10 phone calls, and several attempts. Now AT&T site locked me out for too many tries.

Selling an unlocked phone. In Makati or Cebu (Elizabeth Mall), you can get an above fair value for it. However, it needs to be unlocked.

BTW, AT&T will try to sell you a roaming package.

Morale of the story: Never buy a locked / contract phone.

Hi folks,

RG.

Hutsori
09-15-14, 05:18
Hi, first of all you can not sell AT&T locked phone without unlocking to be used by the local carriers. Really? Many of the second-hand shops can root the mobile and unlock it. There's always the chance they may brick the thing, of course.

Mbsl65
09-15-14, 06:44
There are two different version of IOS Phone unlocking.

#1 Carrier unlock = permanent and will not affect any warranty.

#2 Sof tunlock: Jailbreak and software unlocking with a pwn. This will go bakc to locking after any type of software udate. Also if you update the baseband, you may brick the phone.

I hope I made clear to you and others.

So, most of the unlockers do use software unlocking not carrier unlock. Carrier unlock only can be done via whitelist / blacklist method. I tunes access will be required.

Really? Many of the second-hand shops can root the mobile and unlock it. There's always the chance they may brick the thing, of course.

Pip Jaeger
09-15-14, 11:33
Hi folks, SNIP QUESTION: Do you think I can get a better price for my used iPhone in the Philippines or in the US? If Philippines would be better, where would I likely get a decent price? Any thoughts? RG.Sprint tried to upsell their international plan with me when I wanted my iPhone unlocked. I told them no, the rep tried again, but as this was during the a 30 day renewal trial period. I flatly told her no again and told her that if she tried to dissuade me again I would return the phone and switch to Verizon or AT&T. Within a few minutes they did their thing and then transferred me to Apple who had to finish the process. Hung up with them, re-booted the phone and had to enter a PUK code. It only took about 20-25 minutes total.

RG, instead of selling the phone why not use it to barter with one of those over priced hotties in EDSA or on Burgos; or for a multi day / night session with another lady?

Slippery
09-15-14, 12:13
There are two different version of IOS Phone unlocking.

#1 Carrier unlock = permanent and will not affect any warranty.

#2 Sof tunlock: Jailbreak and software unlocking with a pwn. This will go bakc to locking after any type of software udate. Also if you update the baseband, you may brick the phone.

I hope I made clear to you and others.

So, most of the unlockers do use software unlocking not carrier unlock. Carrier unlock only can be done via whitelist / blacklist method. I tunes access will be required.That's about as clear as getting directions to the other side of town from a Filipino.

PirateMorgan
09-16-14, 22:23
I am a teacher on Skype and need wired internet. I have read some things about Internet in the Philippines. Most very negative. I really want to live there. I need at least 4 MB wired. Of course 10 would be better. People talk about 'fast' internet. Your fast could be my slow. So real understanding of the numbers is important. I really want to come and live there. Makati? Or wherever. Anyone who can contribute would really be helping me and I am sure others would like some real info. Thanks for any interest. I love ISG people.

Amavida
09-17-14, 01:46
I am a teacher on Skype and need wired internet. I have read some things about Internet in the Philippines. Most very negative. I really want to live there. I need at least 4 MB wired. Of course 10 would be better. People talk about 'fast' internet. Your fast could be my slow. So real understanding of the numbers is important. I really want to come and live there. Makati? Or wherever. Anyone who can contribute would really be helping me and I am sure others would like some real info. Thanks for any interest. I love ISG people.You know what, the most sensible helpful advice I can give is come here on a fact finding stay. Spend some time here finding out about the place, its people & the financial realities. Since you are posting on a sex board you are obviously interested in sex also so why not sample the pleasures of the flesh & report back.

Honestly we can't really advise you based on so little information from you.

Cheers mate!

AV.

Hutsori
09-17-14, 05:38
I am a teacher on Skype and need wired internet. I have read some things about Internet in the Philippines. Most very negative. I really want to live there. I need at least 4 MB wired. Of course 10 would be better. People talk about 'fast' internet. Your fast could be my slow. So real understanding of the numbers is important. I really want to come and live there. Makati? Or wherever. Anyone who can contribute would really be helping me and I am sure others would like some real info. Thanks for any interest. I love ISG people.In metro Manila Fort Bonifacio Global City (aka the Fort, aka BGC) has the most modern infrastructure. It's also one of the most expensive areas to live. I live in Makati, in a newish condo in a middle-class barangay, and my wired Internet thruput is dreadful during the evening and weekends (impossible to watch anything on youtube, for instance), but this is largely due to my landlord providing me mid-level service. Since you depend on a video stream for your livelihood you'll require synchronous service rather than asynchronous. Aside from putting flipflops on the ground, your best bet is to join an expat forum and post this question to the community. And of course check the ISPs to see what's on offer - read the fine print because their fastest service is often limited to certain areas.

GoodEnough
09-17-14, 07:39
in metro manila fort bonifacio global city (aka the fort, aka bgc) has the most modern infrastructure. it's also one of the most expensive areas to live. i live in makati, in a newish condo in a middle-class barangay, and my wired internet thruput is dreadful during the evening and weekends (impossible to watch anything on youtube, for instance), but this is largely due to my landlord providing me mid-level service. since you depend on a video stream for your livelihood you'll require synchronous service rather than asynchronous. aside from putting flipflops on the ground, your best bet is to join an expat forum and post this question to the community. and of course check the isps to see what's on offer - read the fine print because their fastest service is often limited to certain areas.i live in davao, and i pay sky cable, which is manila-based, about php4,000 a month for , a speed that i achieve maybe half the time. the actual upload speed varies between 3 amd 6, with much lower upload speeds of 1-2, amd this is about as good as it gets for regular service providers. much of the time i cannot watch streaming video, though this varies and sometimes i can. the 6 mbps is considered "fast" here in a country where the it infrastructure, or perhaps i should say the ict infrastructure is pretty much of a joke, much like the physical infrastructure.

i meant to say 6 mbps is what i pay for.
ge.

FreebieFan
09-17-14, 08:26
i live in davao, and i pay sky cable, which is manila-based, about php4,000 a month for , a speed that i achieve maybe half the time. the actual upload speed varies between 3 amd 6, with much lower upload speeds of 1-2, amd this is about as good as it gets for regular service providers. much of the time i cannot watch streaming video, though this varies and sometimes i can. the 6 mbps is considered "fast" here in a country where the it infrastructure, or perhaps i should say the ict infrastructure is pretty much of a joke, much like the physical infrastructure.

i meant to say 6 mbps is what i pay for.
ge.http://technology.inquirer.net/38731/internet-service-getting-faster-telcos-tell-senate#2.

no sooner have you asked for faster speed, and those wonderful folk at globe are already giving it to you. what a proactive country.

Pip Jaeger
09-17-14, 11:33
i am a teacher on skype and need wired internet. i have read some things about internet in the philippines. most very negative. i really want to live there. i need at least 4 mb wired. of course 10 would be better. people talk about 'fast' internet. your fast could be my slow. so real understanding of the numbers is important. i really want to come and live there. makati? or wherever. anyone who can contribute would really be helping me and i am sure others would like some real info. thanks for any interest. i love isg people.funny that this topic popped up, in anticipation of my upcoming trip i was chatting with wr about it over the weekend. current upload / download in cebu via private pldt account, hardwired and connected to personal router varied between 1 to 1. 9 mbps (max) upload / 2 to 3. 6 mbps (max) download. max speeds were only attained during off peak hours, lower end during business hours. wherein during my stay using shared wi-fi in various places i was lucky to get 0. 5 up / 1. 0 down speed; and many times it seemed old dial up speeds were faster, lol.

best way is to go there and try yourself. you can use this free web site to test it:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Amavida
09-17-14, 12:37
i have pldt adsl at my condo in clark. i have no choice.

speeds vary with time of day from good to poor.

this joker says he's earning a living using the internet & since he'll pm you how rich he is i guess the obvious solution is for him is to ignore our anecdotal evidence about _residential_ grade services & contact the leading philippine isp's about pricing / qos of _business_ grade services.

av.

Asian Rain
09-17-14, 13:28
I am a teacher on Skype and need wired internet. I have read some things about Internet in the Philippines. Most very negative. I really want to live there. I need at least 4 MB wired. Of course 10 would be better.Try PLDT Fiber to the Home service. Anything that uses copper-based DSL in the Philippines has no real service level. FTTH service has real throughput on both download and upload. As an aside, Skype needs just a fraction of that kind of bandwidth to deliver a videocon, so why you think you need 4 Mb is a mystery to me. No need to answer. Enjoy, AsianRain.