PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

BionicMan
05-13-11, 23:25
Interesting, I've never thought of that. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not so sure it's accurate information. It would seem especially silly for hotels to do this in BKK, where after a week they could very well have 10 names on one room if that was their process.

As far as I know most hotels only have the booking person on record (a "Guest Name + 1" system). This morning I called an hotel to reach a couple of friends and I gave them my female friend's name, they didn't have her on record. I gave them her husband's name and they got it instantly, because he did the booking. I think the "registration" is mainly a copy of the I'd they keep in the room folder.

I often get a 2nd key even if I am registering alone and not planning any guest. Some hotels even ask "how many keys". So it is all irrelevant. The registration in the system is mainly for accounting purposes, ie make sure that the person stating a room number for paying bar or restaurant is not only officially registered in the room as authorized to charge the room account.

Going Low
05-14-11, 07:51
Hi guys.

Going to Bangkok soon, actually first time I have extra time to stay there and to taste the nightlife there.

I was going to book a room in Citadines Sukhumvit 8 because of one recommendation I got from an old friend.

What do you guys think about this, is it a good place to stay? The price seems to be ok and the room pictures nice and of course free internet is always a plus.

Run Mann
05-14-11, 11:08
Hi guys.

Going to Bangkok soon, actually first time I have extra time to stay there and to taste the nightlife there.

I was going to book a room in Citadines Sukhumvit 8 because of one recommendation I got from an old friend.

What do you guys think about this, is it a good place to stay? The price seems to be ok and the room pictures nice and of course free internet is always a plus. Scroll down on this page or click back only one page and you will find discussions about this hotel.

Pekkakoo
05-14-11, 15:57
Hi guys.

What do you guys think about this, is it a good place to stay? The price seems to be ok and the room pictures nice and of course free internet is always a plus. It is good. Nice, clean and new hotel. If you like the location (and why you wouldn't) just go for it.

Chill Out
05-14-11, 17:08
Admiral Premier and Citadines have both been discussed before. Search for it.

Bunky
05-14-11, 17:34
I was thinking of staying 4 nights in Admiral Premier. Is it good and GF hotel? I appreciate that it is close to soi cowboy, which I like more than nana. Anyone stayed there? Good value for money? Or do you suggest a better option?The Admiral Premier has been reviewed in this forum previously. If you search for "Admiral" or "Premier" you should find the reports. Consensus is that it's a good value for travelers who want a little extra space, and like having a kitchenette. Note that they have several type of suites, and the larger the suite the higher the room rate. I think that if you search around you can find a discount code, perhaps via Facebook.

Hotel fact sheet, in PDF, can be found here:

http://www.admiralpremier.com/z1041/pdf/factsheet.pdf

Bunky

Syzygies
05-14-11, 17:43
I was thinking of staying 4 nights in Admiral Premier. Is it good and GF hotel? I appreciate that it is close to soi cowboy, which I like more than nana. Anyone stayed there? Good value for money? Or do you suggest a better option?Yes, yes, yes, and No.

Reviewed heaps of times.

Pekkakoo
05-16-11, 23:23
Thanks for the comment on Admiral Premier hotel. I tired the search but how do you use it? I typed "Admirar" and then I get links to threads like this "Bangkok Hotels" but then again this thread has more than 100 pages so how do I know on which page the information I am looking for is? If I can't do this the search is pretty much useless.

NicFrenchy
05-17-11, 00:56
Thanks for the comment on Admiral Premier hotel. I tired the search but how do you use it? I typed "Admirar" and then I get links to threads like this "Bangkok Hotels" but then again this thread has more than 100 pages so how do I know on which page the information I am looking for is? If I can't do this the search is pretty much useless.Http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2184-General-Reports&p=642457#post642457

Read this.

Syzygies
05-17-11, 06:44
Thanks for the comment on Admiral Premier hotel. I tired the search but how do you use it? I typed "Admirar" and then I get links to threads like this "Bangkok Hotels" but then again this thread has more than 100 pages so how do I know on which page the information I am looking for is? If I can't do this the search is pretty much useless.Sign in with your Userid, see the "Search Thread" function in the top right corner of the thread (Bangkok Hotels) , type in Admiral (not "Admirar") and press search. Worked for me. Unfortunately the posts are not sorted in chronological order any more. Look down the list of hits and you will find some useful ones to click on to get the full text. Wasn't that hard after all.

BionicMan
05-17-11, 11:46
Thanks for the comment on Admiral Premier hotel. I tired the search but how do you use it? I typed "Admirar" and then I get links to threads like this "Bangkok Hotels" but then again this thread has more than 100 pages so how do I know on which page the information I am looking for is? If I can't do this the search is pretty much useless.Follow Syzygies instructions, do not do the ADVANCE SEARCH option that is above the specific forum page as that covers the whole ISG.

Asian Flava
05-17-11, 12:24
Can't speak for JW Marriot but in President Palace on Soi 11 I've booked Mango girls (notice the plural. For outcall. Once they arrive at the hotel I get a call from the concierge telling me my guests are here. I simply thank them and ask them to send them up to my room. No questions asked and the girls are there within minutes.

But I've also just gone down and got them myself.

AF

Does anyone know the procedure for an outcall from Mango to a hotel.

Do I have to meet the girl at reception? Staying in JW Marriot, (Soi 2) but am a bit shy and not sure I want to meet my massage lady in front of everyone!

If I give my room number to the girl is she 'allowed' to come straight up?

Thanks

Pita123
05-17-11, 22:11
Can't speak for JW Marriot but in President Palace on Soi 11 I've booked Mango girls (notice the plural. For outcall. Once they arrive at the hotel I get a call from the concierge telling me my guests are here. I simply thank them and ask them to send them up to my room. No questions asked and the girls are there within minutes.

But I've also just gone down and got them myself.

AFSame with Westin though annoys me that the Mango girls even stop at the concierge. Just come up!

Sushilover808
05-18-11, 23:40
I checked in last night at the Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok. I am confirming that the price is 4200 baht for 3 nights which is 1400 baht per night, inclusive of all taxes, no breakfast. The only difference that I know is that the tuk-tuk from the hotel to the main road only runs from 8 am to 7 pm. It is only a few minutes walk to the main road & many sights on the way. Like the one on Soi 8, definately gf.

Check the rates here:

http://www2.citadines.com/en/promotions/bangkok_getaway.html

Aloha, SL

Asia Butterfly
05-19-11, 05:13
Same with Westin though annoys me that the Mango girls even stop at the concierge. Just come up!They can't just come up. The concierge will stop them and ask for their I'd for your protection. They will also call you when the girl leaves to make sure everything is ok.

By the way I heard that this is the reason that May from Mango is not available for outcall since She has no I'd. I called while she was working at Mango for her to come over, and I was told she is not available for outcall and when I went there to hook up with another girl at Mango, she told me that May has no I'd. How is that?

A. B

NicFrenchy
05-19-11, 17:09
They can't just come up. The concierge will stop them and ask for their I'd for your protection. They will also call you when the girl leaves to make sure everything is ok.At Westin? The Concierge will stop them? Nonsense.

Syzygies
05-19-11, 18:01
by the way i heard that this is the reason that may from mango is not available for outcall since she has no i'd. i called while she was working at mango for her to come over, and i was told she is not available for outcall and when i went there to hook up with another girl at mango, she told me that may has no i'd. how is that?

a. bvery simple. either may is **** or not thai, or simply doesn't want to do outcall (the 3rd one is unlikely).

Mouse1
05-19-11, 23:00
very simple. either may is **** or not thai, or simply doesn't want to do outcall (the 3rd one is unlikely).i tried to book may outcall and discovered the same thing. i am pretty sure she is not ****, and is thai. perhaps she has just temporarily lost her id?

Bkk Rookie
05-20-11, 03:05
At Westin? The Concierge will stop them? Nonsense.At the Westin. Not an issue, if you train the girl.

Tell her about the two elevators. Give her explicit instructions not to check-in, no problem. The most annoying part of in-call at the Westin for me is the girl who volunteers to check-in. Even with a check-in, the front desk rarely calls you, just collects the I'd and send her up with no fan-fare. Sometimes they do call, but its rare.

A piker compared to others on this board, I did have five stays and more than thirty nights at the Westin last year.

Pro Fesseur
05-20-11, 03:47
i tried to book may outcall and discovered the same thing. i am pretty sure she is not ****, and is thai. perhaps she has just temporarily lost her id?

maybe, or "she" was born a male and doesn't want to show "her" id with "mr" on it?

Syzygies
05-20-11, 07:55
i tried to book may outcall and discovered the same thing. i am pretty sure she is not ****, and is thai. perhaps she has just temporarily lost her id?yes its possible. in which case will be rectified soon? is it possible she comes from burma, cambodia, or laos?

Run Mann
05-20-11, 08:06
At the Westin. Not an issue, if you train the girl.

Tell her about the two elevators. Give her explicit instructions not to check-in, no problem. The most annoying part of in-call at the Westin for me is the girl who volunteers to check-in. Even with a check-in, the front desk rarely calls you, just collects the I'd and send her up with no fan-fare. Sometimes they do call, but its rare.

So the hotel decides to look out for you by taking the girl's ID for your protection and (sometimes?) calls you before she departs to ensure you are ok, but you use tactical methods to bypass the system designed to protect you, why?

Mouse1
05-20-11, 08:34
Maybe, or "she" was born a male and doesn't want to show "her" ID with "Mr" on it?Gosh, yes, why didn't I think of that? Mango Massage employs post- op transsexuals. And of course there is absolutely no way to tell the difference between such and a normal Thai girl. :(

Mouse1
05-20-11, 08:44
Yes its possible. In which case will be rectified soon? Is it possible she comes from Burma, Cambodia, or Laos?I asked her where she came from and she said somewhere in Thailand. I forget where. But of course she may not have been telling he truth.

I once knew a girl from Laos, who was one of the best f****s I ever had. I once called her 'Lao girl' in a bar and she was really annoyed, as she reckoned the Thai girls would shun her if they knew. So you could well be right.

Incidentally her name was Maplang. She is married to a Jap with a baby now, but if anyone knows of her I would love to make contact again. We ended with a really bad row which still leaves a bad taste. One of my life's regrets. I'm a sad git. :(

Pro Fesseur
05-20-11, 10:41
Gosh, yes, why didn't I think of that? Mango Massage employs post- op transsexuals. And of course there is absolutely no way to tell the difference between such and a normal Thai girl. :(I was joking, of course, but as some massage parlors do employ transvestites (for instance, there is at least one ladyboy working there: http://www.fruityspa.com/our-model.php), it could have been a possibility.

Pita123
05-20-11, 11:34
So the hotel decides to look out for you by taking the girl's ID for your protection and (sometimes?) calls you before she departs to ensure you are ok, but you use tactical methods to bypass the system designed to protect you, why?Lack of desire for everyone to know my business? If I had any concerns I'd walk them over to hand in the I'd. When ordering Mango / Snow White delivery, security is not a concern for me.

Run Mann
05-20-11, 13:55
Lack of desire for everyone to know my business? If I had any concerns I'd walk them over to hand in the I'd. When ordering Mango / Snow White delivery, security is not a concern for me.What business, you think people are oblivious to why WGs are entering hotel rooms in BKK? Security may not be a concern for you but there are many a Johns who got drugged or ripped off and wished their hotels had employed those basic security checks. I never take any WG to my hotel room without them checking in, regardless of how well I think I know them. I just don't see the downside to them checking in but the potential for issues exist when they don't.

NicFrenchy
05-20-11, 15:57
there are many a Johns who got drugged or ripped off and wished their hotels had employed those basic security checks.Easy for these guys to blame the hotel. In my eyes, if you bring a girl to your room and don't make her check-in, it's YOUR problem, not the hotels. People should be more careful and not expect the hotels to do everything for them. We are all adults and know the risks of Mongering hehehe.

Syzygies
05-20-11, 16:20
Easy for these guys to blame the hotel. In my eyes, if you bring a girl to your room and don't make her check-in, it's YOUR problem, not the hotels. People should be more careful and not expect the hotels to do everything for them. We are all adults and know the risks of Mongering hehehe.Not to mention that picking a girl out from an MP or a bar is a lot less risky as you know where she works and they will know who she is. Guys know the risks for girls off the street or beer garten, etc. I don't pick up girls for the whole night that will fall into a risky category unless know them well. In 17 years, I have never had a severe issue with a girl in my room, other than the odd lousy lay and one who thought it was fun to bite.

General Advice:

Don't go with girls on their first day in a bar or MP who are just trying out. They can be rip-off girls, who are not intending to really work at the place.

Take reliably sourced girls to your Hotel room and there is little need to worry about security stuff.

Goyave
05-20-11, 17:51
... By the way I heard that this is the reason that May from Mango is not available for outcall since She has no I'd. I called while she was working at Mango for her to come over, and I was told she is not available for outcall and when I went there to hook up with another girl at Mango, she told me that May has no I'd. How is that?
I know many people who don't (and can't) have an ID card. Maybe she was born in a small village (probably in Northeastern Thailand) and her parents did not register her birth at the local district.

It's not unusual in rural parts of this country and I know several persons who can't have an ID card or a passport because their parents did not register their birth (often, their parents themselves don't have any identification document). Most of them are children of peasants or farmers and don't have much chance to become something else when they grow up. Some girls with no ID card become hookers (usually in a local brothel), but it may be problematic for them and for their customers too if a police officer wants to check those girls' age and nationality, for instance!

NicFrenchy
05-21-11, 04:17
I know many people who don't (and can't) have an I'd card. Maybe she was born in a small village (probably in Northeastern Thailand) and her parents did not register her birth at the local district.

It's not unusual in rural parts of this country and I know several persons who can't have an I'd card or a passport because their parents did not register their birth (often, their parents themselves don't have any identification document). Most of them are children of peasants or farmers and don't have much chance to become something else when they grow up. Some girls with no I'd card become hookers (usually in a local brothel) , but it may be problematic for them and for their customers too if a police officer wants to check those girls' age and nationality, for instance! Doesn't Khao San Road make good quality Fake IDs? These should suffice for just giving to the Hotels no? And they probably cost only 1, 000 thb? A small investment

Goyave
05-21-11, 06:03
Doesn't Khao San Road make good quality Fake IDs? ...
Maybe in the past, but nowadays, it's probably more difficult to get a good quality fake ID card with the new format in use (which incorporates an embedded chip). Anyway, I believe that it's probably riskier for the working girl to carry a fake ID card than not having one because her parents did not register her birth. On the customer side, it's a very different situation, of course...

NicFrenchy
05-21-11, 08:41
Maybe in the past, but nowadays, it's probably more difficult to get a good quality fake ID card with the new format in use (which incorporates an embedded chip). Anyway, I believe that it's probably riskier for the working girl to carry a fake ID card than not having one because her parents did not register her birth. On the customer side, it's a very different situation, of course...I believe even a drivers licence would do? Or does it need to be a proper I'd Card?

Pita123
05-21-11, 09:00
We are all adults and know the risks of Mongering hehehe.May need to check the ID to ensure everyone is adult. .

Syzygies
05-21-11, 18:37
I believe even a drivers licence would do? Or does it need to be a proper I'd Card?Its very easy to buy a driver's license. No driving test needed. Its not safe to drive here.

Daddy07
05-22-11, 01:00
Its very easy to buy a driver's license. No driving test needed. Its not safe to drive here.Would you care to provide the details as to where to "buy a driver's license?

I want one.

Syzygies
05-22-11, 05:56
would you care to provide the details as to where to "buy a driver's license?

i want one. sorry daddy, i haven't found the need to buy one myself. ask your thai girls. i'm sure they know what to do. i don't even know what a thai driver's license looks like.

not sure if its available for farangs too.

haven't you also heard numerous stories of thais with bought driver's licenses causing accidents and never having learned to drive properly? i thought this was well known. e.g. one girl i have know for many years told me she bought her license and had a few accidents due to not having learned to drive properly. she was also is bad accident when on a motor-bike. an **** kid in a car/trunk crashed into the back of her motorcycle. not sure if the kid had a license at all.
what about the incident where several people were thrown from the van on the expressway. did the girl driving the sedan have a proper license? i forget. the real important problem is that people in vans don't wear seltbelfts. sorry i'm getting off topic.

Chill Out
05-23-11, 19:32
Not much to say that Barco hasn't said yet, see his previous reviews. It's a hip hotel. Many gay customers. Colorful lobby and rooms. Top of the line everything, from bedsheets to bathroom fixtures. Nice huge mirror on the side of the bed.

This hotel has personality, compared to many 4-5 stars hotels that can be comfy but bland by comparison (for example, the Grand Millennium). Location is not that good for P4P, you need a taxi for a few minutes whether you come from Nana or Cowboy. It hasn't been a problem for me though.

The breakfast is excellent, with a lot of variety (buffet).

Personally, I loved it. This is the hotel I stayed in the longest during this trip. At 3000 a day, an excellent deal for the money, given what you get.

Note that Wifi is expensive at 500 a day.

Wotif link:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

Chill Out
05-23-11, 19:39
I checked this one out for several days after Crazy4thai's review (thanks for that one!).

I would disagree with him that it is at the same level as the Citadines; the Citadines I would say are more clean and well-maintained. In Le Fenix they are some stains on the carpet, walls, etc. However I still like Le Fenix more. It has an hip factor to it, it's not as boring as many hotels, including many with a much higher price. It reminds me of the Renaissance in a way (obviously a much cheaper version of it). Nice rooftop bar also. The pool and fitness room however are very small and just useless.

The location is good, close to Nana, and right in front of Q Bar, Bed Club, and another club I forgot the name of.

Totally girl friendly in my experience. You can bring girls in from the 1st floor, bypassing the reception, or register them on the 2d floor, either way, no problem. I've even sent a girl to my room before I had checked in, with a phone call to the reception.

At 999 baths a day, this is the best value for money I've seen in BKK so far. And Wifi is free.

Wotif link:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M6626&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

Chill Out
05-23-11, 19:44
i was there for several days with friends who are bkk old timers and insisted this place rocks.

it doesn't.

-creaky beds

-the most retarded electrical system i've ever seen. you can't light up the bathroom without lighting up the whole room. so if you want to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) and have some light in the middle of the night, you need to flood the whole room with light, waking up your girl. also when you stop the big lights in the room, you also stop the wall plugs. so when you sleep you can't recharge your laptop or your phone. welcome to 2011.

-very thin windows letting in a lot of street noise (and i was on floor 10)

-no mirrors except in the bathroom.

-cigarette burn hole in my bedhseets, not acceptable at that price level.

-wifi is 300 a day

maybe this was a good option 15 years ago, but there are many newer, better hotels now. i was paying 2450 a night (and with a special deal!). my room at the fenix was better, for 999 baths, with free wifi.

general note: just because your friend is an old timer, doesn't mean he has clue.

Chill Out
05-23-11, 19:48
Not a bad deal at all for 1780 a night. Got a free upgrade to a bigger room. The location is excellent, very walkable from Cowboy (5 minutes) , and also at the Asoke-Sukhumvit exchange station, so you can access both the MRT and the BTS easily.

Free wifi.

Wotif link:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5626&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

Chill Out
05-23-11, 20:00
I stayed there for several days when I had stuff to do in Ratchada. My thai girl booked this for me and she doesn't like me "wasting money" on hotels. The location isn't perfect if you are going to do Nana or Cowboy in the evenings (you'll need to take a taxi back for 10 or 15 minutes or so). It's cheap though. 700 a day + 100 for wifi. They rent rooms monthly for 10, 000 baths or 12, 000, I forgot, although for that price you don't get pillows or blankets, but you can always buy those yourself. So it's a good budget option. At that price point, rooms are simple of course, but clean, and service is nice and friendly.

http://www.prasoapartment.com/

Chill Out
05-23-11, 20:08
I did not stay there, but I went for a buffet dinner with a Thai friend who has a membership card, so I wanted to report on that. My friend has a card that cost 5000 baths to buy, and gives him discounts on rooms, some special offers, and a 50% discount on brunches and dinner buffets. An excellent deal since the buffet there is very nice.

I thought this might interest the residents or those who go to BKK often.

I would love to hear about similar membership deals in BKK. Please report.

Lobby and dinner room at the Marriott looked great. Service excellent. Location excellent for Nana.

Chill Out
05-23-11, 20:17
I did not stay there either, but was taken to brunch twice by the same BKK old timers friends.

First time was for a "chocolate brunch". Some fruit plates and a couple of sandwiches that could have come from the 7/11. And a bunch of so-so pastries. Cost: 1500 baths. Ridiculously expensive for what is on offer.

Second time was for their Sunday brunch. Cost, if I remember correctly, was 2500 baths. The buffet was good but nothing that fabulous. Nothing better than what you can get at the Marriott for half the price. Not that much better, even, than my free breakfast buffet at the Renaissance.

Service was nothing special either.

I can't report on the rooms, but the whole thing felt like a rip-off to me. Neither the service nor the food nor the architecture is worthy of the superlatives you sometimes hear about this place.

General note: just because your friend is an old timer, doesn't mean he has clue.

Butterfryman
05-26-11, 23:12
Just booked Landmark for a couple of nights on arrival next week as I love the location and always heard "very GF". Sounds like, after a search here, that sure they are after I pay B1000. So, just to confirm, am I going to have to pay even though I booked for 2?

If so, I will immediately cancel. Thanks in advance. Yes I shoulda checked here first.

Butterfryman
05-27-11, 04:20
Just booked the Landmark for a couple of days on arrival next week. Loved the location and always heard "very GF". Was very disturbed to read here of B1000 joiner fee. So. Just to confirm. Even though I booked the room for 2. I will surely have to pay extra. If so I will cancel immediately.

Thanks in advance. And yes I should have checked here first.

Hp Xt
05-27-11, 07:42
Just booked the Landmark for a couple of days on arrival next week. Loved the location and always heard "very GF". Was very disturbed to read here of B1000 joiner fee. So. Just to confirm. Even though I booked the room for 2. I will surely have to pay extra. If so I will cancel immediately.

Thanks in advance. And yes I should have checked here first. Nope, have had ladies meet me in my room. While the front desk did call, and asked the "lady" if I was their customer, no extra fee except for embarrassment, ha ha ha!

Hp

Lex460
05-27-11, 14:00
Are there any joiner fees at the Lebau towers? And I'm assuming the hotel is GF?

Lex

Amantelondres
05-27-11, 21:52
Is Hyatt GF?

Chill Out
05-27-11, 23:30
I got a bunch of PMs with hotel questions; may I suggest that unless the question is deeply personal (?) , ask it here, then everyone benefits from the answer.

Rjsss212
05-27-11, 23:51
Is Hyatt GF?Hyatt Erawan, absolutely and good chioce. Its one of my favorites.

Syzygies
05-28-11, 06:14
I got a bunch of PMs with hotel questions; may I suggest that unless the question is deeply personal (?) , ask it here, then everyone benefits from the answer.Great point! That's why I have no PM facility on purpose. I don't want any deeply personal questions and its very irritating to receive questions that should be asked of the forum. Ask the forum! Then anyone who wants to answer, can. Questions that are silly or boring, need not be answered at all, or may attract smart-ass comments only. Chillout should be commended for putting in the time to give so much useful information, but I am sure he doesn't need heaps of extra questions to take up his time. If the question is a really good one, post here, and he may be inclined to answer if the question appeals to him.

Thanks to Chill-out reminding me of the beauties at Amsterdam, I now have a new fab soapy girl to visit regularly.

NicFrenchy
05-28-11, 07:18
Great point! That's why I have no PM facility on purpose. I don't want any deeply personal questions and its very irritating to receive questions that should be asked of the forum. Ask the forum! Then anyone who wants to answer, can. Questions that are silly or boring, need not be answered at all, or may attract smart-ass comments only. Chillout should be commended for putting in the time to give so much useful information, but I am sure he doesn't need heaps of extra questions to take up his time. If the question is a really good one, post here, and he may be inclined to answer if the question appeals to him.

Thanks to Chill-out reminding me of the beauties at Amsterdam, I now have a new fab soapy girl to visit regularly. Yeah, well some of us receive a lot of these PMs, but I guess part of being in a community is also to help each other.

Syzygies
05-28-11, 09:27
Yeah, well some of us receive a lot of these PMs, but I guess part of being in a community is also to help each other.Helping the "community" is mostly by posting good detailed information reports about great places to go and even great girls. Chillout did a remarkable amount of this lately, more than his fair share, so we should be "greng jai" and not wish to impose too much on his valuable time. Just IMHO. I am sure you also do your fair share Nic, but I do miss some of your extended very amusing stories / experiences from way back that used to have us ROFLMAOing.

What gives people the rite to expect a personal question answer without sharing with the rest of the community? I'll bet you can't be bothered to answer lots of PM questions where they should be asked on the forum or else shouldn't be asked at all. Maybe guys are afraid to publicly ask dumb questions? :confused: Really, if guys want help, ask the forum. That's what its for. Who knows who will be the most knowledgable person to give the best answer. We don't all have time to monitor for PM questions on a daily basis.

NicFrenchy
05-28-11, 10:34
I am sure you also do your fair share Nic, but I do miss some of your extended very amusing stories / experiences from way back that used to have us ROFLMAOing..I should have some soon. Have done too much of the non-P4P lately and need to go back to a good old massage place. Any suggestions?

Chill Out
05-28-11, 12:26
some of us receive a lot of these PMs, but I guess part of being in a community is also to help each other.I have no problem with PMs per se, if the question is a private one. For example I wouldn't post the number of a girl, but I might give it to someone by PM if I recognize him from the forum as a nice guy who will treat the girl right. PMs can also be used for meets or to discuss more private issues.

But if the question is about an hotel location, or prices, or facilities, why not put it here? It's just more efficient for everyone.

Have done too much of the non-P4P lately and need to go back to a good old massage place. Any suggestions?Amsterdam seems to have done it for Syz :)

Syzygies
05-30-11, 03:14
Amsterdam seems to have done it for Syz :)Amsterdam is expensive but can be great for those with patience to sit waiting for quite a period till the girl you just can't take your eyes off, walks out. I mean she is not likely to be sitting available for a long time without getting chosen already.

If sit for a long while, you might see several stunners. La Belle also has some really pretty girls. Like Chillout, I also thought Copa was a good place, although their models were not that special. For those wanting PSE, you are better off to stick to Tulip, Mango etc. Some soapy girls don't even do BBBJ.

Travel Spirit
05-30-11, 17:36
I think that 999 baht is a very good price. I have been there before and almost everything was OK.

So I have booked again through wotif.

Bloodstock
06-02-11, 05:23
I'm looking for recommendations for a good budget hotel / guesthouse on Sukhumvit. Say. 1000 baht per night or less, and preferably near a BTS station. Oh yeah, and of course WIFI should be included in that price as well.

Is this an impossible combo? So. Bring on the suggestions! =)

Syzygies
06-02-11, 06:43
I'm looking for recommendations for a good budget hotel / guesthouse on Sukhumvit. Say. 1000 baht per night or less, and preferably near a BTS station. Oh yeah, and of course WIFI should be included in that price as well.

Is this an impossible combo? So. Bring on the suggestions! =) Its lucky Chill Out and Travel Spirit were psychic and answered even before you asked.

NicFrenchy
06-02-11, 14:10
1, 000 thb? Damn. I wonder how the bedsheets are washed and how many cockroaches you will find

Crazy4Thai
06-02-11, 14:22
1, 000 thb? Damn. I wonder how the bedsheets are washed and how many cockroaches you will findThat would be the Best Value Inn on soi 7/1. It used to go for 800 bt, now it's at 1200 bt.

Le Fenix is really a good value at 999. Well maybe not for the high rollers of the world but for ordinary people.

If that room was a car it would be a Camry. Not a limo.

Luvpuss
06-03-11, 00:20
Is Hyatt GF?Policies change. Email them to confirm and keep a copy.

Bloodstock
06-03-11, 02:37
Well, I know of places in other areas where you can get this like the place I've stayed at over at Petchburi. Although it felt a bit off from the Sukhumvit-action. And I figure there are always budget places everywhere =)

1, 000 thb? Damn. I wonder how the bedsheets are washed and how many cockroaches you will find

Bloodstock
06-03-11, 02:39
Thanks, will check it out! =)

Le Fenix is really a good value at 999. Well maybe not for the high rollers of the world but for ordinary people.

Syzygies
06-03-11, 06:42
Well, I know of places in other areas where you can get this like the place I've stayed at over at Petchburi. Although it felt a bit off from the Sukhumvit-action. And I figure there are always budget places everywhere =)There are plenty of budget places, but many of us don't try them and therefore can't recommend and don't even know the prices there. Would require us to do research to check the prices. Plenty of budget places have been recommended on this thread is the past. E. G. Ibis, RuamChit Plaza, etc. But can't remember the prices.

A while back Mick Licker started this Hotel Map (but never got completely finished) and is possibly slightly out of date:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211157051689439137713.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.740677,100.558333&spn=0.012068,0.015986&z=16
He used $ signs to indicate rough price bracket. Just one $ sign or none would probably be the cheap ones.

Butterfryman
06-03-11, 19:53
Stayed at the Landmark for a few days. And was GF as reported. Only thing they do is try (hard) to get a name if you book the room for 2. So just book for 1 guest and "report" to front desk before you bring her up. (they always call and check before she leaves if all is OK. Which is great). Great workout room and nice value.

* going to stay for awhile so had to find a cheaper alternative.

Did find a brand new small place called The Blanket and Bean on Soi 4 across from Nana Liquid. 1200 / nite with free wifi (excellent signal) and room safe. Since new you don't have you don't have to deal with usual issues of the aging budget spot (SMELL, bugs, bad AC, +++). I was the 1st to stay in my room (actually B1400 if facing street).

Others running specials. Agoda has full list.

City Lodge 9. Currently 1200 / nite. Great spot right on corner.

Citadines Soi 8. 1700 or so but have a stay 3 days / pay for 2 special thru June. Too far down the soi for me but nice value with workout room and pool

Finrod
06-03-11, 23:43
I've stayed at the Everrich Inn. This is on Sukhumvit between Soi's 5 and 7. Yes smack in the middle of the FL gauntlet. What's cool for me is the street bars after midnight. Most entertaining to hang out there nursing a drink or three and watching people go by and chatting with whoever sits next to you. Then if you feel like it, you might take an FL to your room once you've made sure that's not a katoey you're hooking up with.

Pro's: close to Nana BTS. 1200b or 1400b rooms (last stayed there in March 2010, those were the prices) , rates include room taxes, wall mirror, working wifi, in-room safe, front desk takes your date's I'd and of course did I mention the location? Also I found my room to be clean, including the sheets. And I slept well once I booted the girl.

Con's: small rooms, cheap rooms are inside rooms with no windows, but at least they're quiet. Have to imagine the rooms with windows are going to be noisy, maybe I will try one of those rooms next time. Can't reserve through Agoda.

I would not consider Everrich for stays longer than a few days as I don't always want to be smack in the middle of the action. If staying awhile in BKK, I prefer something a bit quieter, e.g., Royal Ivory way down Soi 4. Not as cheap, but it's reasonably priced on Agoda and some rates include the buffet breakfast. Everrich has a website you can make reservation requests through, should be searchable via Google.

Fon Tok
06-06-11, 03:43
I'm staying with my gik, (a Pattaya go-go girl), at the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit for a few days. Got a great "mystery" deal on wotif. Com (2800b for deluxe room). Upgraded (1500b) to "club" room for breakfast, lounge (free eats & drinks), and Intenet.

Lots of reports on this hotel previously, so I won't be redundant. The smoked salmon is pretty good, though.

Gik is taking the night train back to see mama in Ubon tomorrow, and I will go fishin' on Soi Cowboy. Low season is a good time to be in Bangkok. ;)

NicFrenchy
06-06-11, 04:50
I will go fishin' on Soi Cowboy. Low season is a good time to be in Bangkok. ;)Was there Saturday. Talent (or lack of) very low. Most girls I would not even do for free.

Syzygies
06-06-11, 04:52
Upgraded (1500b) to "club" room for breakfast, lounge (free eats & drinks), and Intenet.Is that 1500 a misprint? I don't recall the upgrade ever costing that much extra? Or have I misunderstood completely?

Syzygies
06-06-11, 05:12
Was there Saturday. Talent (or lack of) very low. Most girls I would not even do for free.What time were you looking and which bars? Too late to catch the pretty girls (I mean C+ cups) , perhaps? I don't have any problems to find a hot girl if I check a few bars, but don't require big tits. Collecting some regulars is helpful though (have one C cup regular with a hot body but only moderately pretty face). Some bars in Cowboy have gone downhill, e. G. Long Gun, but others are still okay Rather too many rubbish Coyotes though these days (with a few hot Coyotes thrown in).

The hottest Long Gun girl for looks, Noi, tall with fantastic tits, now works outside the front only. She was lousy on the bed for me anyway.

My main bars for girls recently are Midnite, Doll's House, Baccarat, Shark. I have much more difficulty finding girls I like in Nana, for some reason. Nana seems to have lots of young girls but not many are pretty to my taste. Also I like the less pressured style of Cowboy, or is it I am just used to it?

NicFrenchy
06-06-11, 06:47
What time were you looking and which bars? Too late to catch the pretty girls (I mean C+ cups) , perhaps? I don't have any problems to find a hot girl if I check a few bars, but don't require big tits. Collecting some regulars is helpful though (have one C cup regular with a hot body but only moderately pretty face).Started at Dollhouse for some odd reason around 9:30pm or something. There was the saddest collection of girls gyrating on that stage. Horrendous faces, Bodies, tatoos. And a waitress that tried to ask me for my number (she was even worse looking than the bar girls)

Went to Baccara and downstairs was full, went upstairs and the mamasan (tatooed *****) started to shout something at me, I ignored her and she came closer and said something in my ear but anyway a lot of fucking Jappos in there. Place looked like Tokyo. And the Fuckers were all smoking (talk about a ban on smoking. Where's that law again?)

Ended up at Rawhide and the ugly girls coupled with the Sad shows they have there sealed the night for me. Many girls (even the PR girls) outside clubs I would not have taken for free.

Good thing a Senior Member was in Town and we got to meet-up. He saved me from that mess that is cowboy.

Maybe I am too spoiled?

BionicMan
06-06-11, 07:17
I'm staying with my gik, (a Pattaya go-go girl), at the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit for a few days. Got a great "mystery" deal on wotif. Com (2800b for deluxe room). Upgraded (1500b) to "club" room for breakfast, lounge (free eats & drinks), and Intenet.Indeed asian hotels became specialists in "upgrading"

Everytime you book a room, when you arrive at the check in they offer an upgrade for a relatively low extra for "club","executive" level.

Smart Sometime it is a bragain as the upgrade includes free internet, breakfast, upper level club facilities (one can even have a decent dinner with the juicy snacks).

1500 sounds a lot to me too as it is 50% of the price you had booked the room for.

But as that (2800) was a special price, one should compare the extra based on the standard room price.

Still they hit the bird, cashing 4300B / night (I imagine ++) for the room in low season.

And you got a not so bad deal for a high level hotel and services.

Smart!

Can this sound as a win-win?

Fon Tok
06-06-11, 07:18
Was there Saturday. Talent (or lack of) very low. Most girls I would not even do for free.I was thinking more about the low cost of nice hotels as opposed to the P4P talent pool.

Maybe I'll just check a few of the massage shops along Soi 23 instead of the SC go-go bars. I found a very nice woman at MM Massage about this time last year. She used to come to my place after work until some guy sent her a ticket to go to London.

Is that 1500 a misprint? I don't recall the upgrade ever costing that much extra? Or have I misunderstood completely?The upgrade cost? Yeah, steep, but breakfast for two, food and drinks in the Club Lounge, and 27/7 internet are not included in the 2800b a night "wotif" deal. I tried to negotiate this at check-in, but it was a no go. I needed the internet and, due to an injury, I cannot walk for inexpensive meals. With this quality of hotel, it is still a good deal, although not anywhere near as good as the "room only" price.

NicFrenchy
06-06-11, 07:25
Well, well, well.

Met a senior member at asoke and we decided to go to Bangkok Beat but before that, did a Detour by thermae.

22:30 or 23:00 I think and upon arriving there were some ladies and some ladies (with dick) outside. Talent was poor. Many Jappos outside smoking their cigarettes.

We went inside and oh-my-lord what a total mess this place is! Many ladies seating there with guys or alone or in groups. Straight out of Star Wars.

Some girls gave me smiles and inviting looks but I did not even see 1 girl that was worth paying any amount for.

And to think some guys whine because we are losing that place to the Sashimis? Fuck me, let them have it, no need to fight over sub-standard girls.

Bangkok Beat was not that enjoyable, I mean, how can one have a proper conversation when the music is so loud?

There was a band but the Band really sucked. I mean, they must have been pretty cheap. And Drinks were really expensive for such a crap place.

Fon Tok
06-06-11, 07:43
Indeed asian hotels became specialists in "upgrading" -- Everytime you book a room, when you arrive at the check in they offer an upgrade for a relatively low extra for "club","executive" level. -- Smart Sometime it is a bragain as the upgrade includes free internet, breakfast, upper level club facilities (one can even have a decent dinner with the juicy snacks). -- 1500 sounds a lot to me too as it is 50% of the price you had booked the room for. -- But as that (2800) was a special price, one should compare the extra based on the standard room price. -- Still they hit the bird, cashing 4300B / night (I imagine ++) for the room in low season. -- And you got a not so bad deal for a high level hotel and services. -- Smart! -- Can this sound as a win-win?I'm happy with this arrangement. When I stay at a 4+ star hotel my first priority is comfort and convenience, not driving a hard bargain.

When we checked in at about 10:30pm a few nights ago, it was at the end of a very, very long day (including almost 8 hours at Bumrungrad). The hotel hadn't received my afternoon internet booking and it took about 20 minutes to sort it out. Good thing I had a nurse make a copy of the "wotif" voucher from my iPad screen!

The hotel desk clerk would not discuss the "upgrade" until she found the booking. If it hadn't been so late, and me not being exhausted, I might have pressed harder for a discount. I did ask for a better price, but putting up a fuss for a few hundred baht was not worth it. So, I just agreed to the tariff and moved on.

As it was, I hadn't eaten all day and once in the room ordered room service. A hamburger and Cesar Salad alone were almost 1000 baht!

Last night, we did use the Club Lounge for our evening meal. And, this morning, while my friend slept, I had an early light meal and espresso in the Lounge. Later we enjoyed breakfast together in the main restaurant.

There's a fairly long list of perks, beyond food and the internet, that comprise this upgrade (eg., 50% off on clothes cleaning, all day snacks, cocktails in the evening, transport to the bts / mrt stations, guest use of the Club Lounge, late check out, etc.). It is very easy to regain the full value when considering the normal "ala carte" hotel prices.

Rjsss212
06-06-11, 11:59
I'm happy with this arrangement. When I stay at a 4+ star hotel my first priority is comfort and convenience, not driving a hard bargain.

Last night, we did use the Club Lounge for our evening meal. And, this morning, while my friend slept, I had an early light meal and espresso in the Lounge. Later we enjoyed breakfast together in the main restaurant.

There's a fairly long list of perks, beyond food and the internet, that comprise this upgrade (eg. 50% off on clothes cleaning, all day snacks, cocktails in the evening, transport to the bts / mrt stations, guest use of the Club Lounge, late check out, etc.). It is very easy to regain the full value when considering the normal "ala carte" hotel prices. It's very easy to get spoiled staying in nice places, isn't it.

Zandar
06-08-11, 14:40

Is this an impossible combo? So. Bring on the suggestions! =) Try this one, I been many times and I am sure you can get for 1. 000 if you stay for more than 3 days. Its not the best hotel in BKK of course but maybe its what you are looking for.

http://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1187901-Reviews-The_Promenade_Hotel-Bangkok.html

NicFrenchy
06-08-11, 17:04
http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/bangkok/sukhumvitsoi8/accom.html

A friend of mine stayed there and the rooms look ok. This hotel has free wifi, LCD TV, a tuk tuk to bring you to Sukhumvit road. My friend paid 1, 300 but I am sure you can bring the price down.

Pita123
06-08-11, 19:32
It's very easy to get spoiled staying in nice places, isn't it.Tell me about it.

Shinozaki
06-09-11, 02:51
Hey Mates,

Coming to Thailand for the first time in July, staying for three weeks. I'll be flying in and out of Bangkok. I've been RTFF and I'm starting to get my bearings. Soi 23 seems like the best place to be and after searching agoda. Com I found these places:

Tai-Pan Hotel (Soi 23) 1 night-1359b,

Two Three Mansion (Soi 23) 1529b,

Miami Hotel (Soi 13) 765b. Decent price and looks like it has a nice pool.

Anybody ever stay at these places? Are they clean and GF? I'm not looking for much, just a comfortable room located within walking distance of the bar areas.

NicFrenchy's advice about the Sawasdee Hotel on Soi 8 looks good too.

Just how big is the area between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza? It looks like it would be easy to walk between the two.

Also found this super cheap place located near Khoasan Road:

Sawasdee Krungthep Inn (30 Rambuttri Road, Phanakorn) 1 night-378b.

I have no idea where this place is located in relation to the bars, but the price seems too good to be true. I don't know, any first-hand experiences?

Since July is in the low season, I assume it would easy to get a room without a reservation. I might reserve a room for my first night just so I know I have a place to stay. After that, see what the situation looks like with my feet on the ground.

BionicMan
06-09-11, 03:50
Hey Mates, Just how big is the area between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza? It looks like it would be easy to walk between the two.Googlemaps can come to help.

If you put the addresses you will see the distance in meters and minutes.

Pinche Gringo
06-09-11, 04:28
It is about a 20-25 minute walk. Much longer if you venture into the many massage parlors along the route. VERY easy to take the train. Nana station is a 5 minute walk from Nana Plaza. If it is muggy (hot and humid) , the train is your best bet.

Mouse1
06-09-11, 07:44

I have no idea where this place is located in relation to the bars, but the price seems too good to be true. I don't know, any first-hand experiences? I don't know the place, so I pulled the two reviews from TripAdvisor:

'This smart little boutique hotel is one of Bangkok's best-kept secrets, and represents excellent value for the discerning traveller. It is owned by a philanthropic foundation who manage to keep prices to an affordable level, and still provide those occasional touches of luxury. But surely gold-plated taps are a little ostentatious these days? The rooms are smart and modern if a trifle too large, and the ensuite stylish and clean. Entertainment is provided by a large plasma TV screen plus iPod at one end of the spacious room. The air-con is good, although sometimes struggles in very hot weather. Food in the four-star restaurant could be alittle more spicy to suit the jaded palates of us world-weary travellers. Richard Branson, Mick Jagger and Kate Moss are regulars here (and Tiger just loves the golf!!!)'. *****

'In hotels, as in life, you get what you pay for. This is a dreary little hotel with dormitory-style rooms adjacent to back-packers heaven. It is owned by a grasping Chinaman, but even he is too embarrased to charge above 378 Baht ++. The rooms are old and decrepit, and the shared bathroom is in the next door cafe (but no problem to find at night-time. Just follow your nose!). Entertainment is provided by your fellow guests, especially the one who mutters about 'must get some yabba'. Ventilation comes from a large hole in the wall, and always provides a steady draught. There is an all-night food stall parked just outside serving execrable Western junk food, and always attended by late-night revelers. But no worries - the smell of grease alone is enough to keep you awake all night. One bunk is inhabited by a flatulent alcoholic Scotsman with 'interesting' tattoos. His pet cat often craps in the ornamental flower pot'. *

You decide.

Monkey1818
06-09-11, 10:16
Hey Mates,

Coming to Thailand for the first time in July, staying for three weeks. I'll be flying in and out of Bangkok. I've been RTFF and I'm starting to get my bearings. Soi 23 seems like the best place to be and after searching agoda. Com I found these places:

Tai-Pan Hotel (Soi 23) 1 night-1359b,

Two Three Mansion (Soi 23) 1529b,

Miami Hotel (Soi 13) 765b. Decent price and looks like it has a nice pool.

Anybody ever stay at these places? Are they clean and GF? I'm not looking for much, just a comfortable room located within walking distance of the bar areas.

NicFrenchy's advice about the Sawasdee Hotel on Soi 8 looks good too.

Just how big is the area between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza? It looks like it would be easy to walk between the two.

I have no idea where this place is located in relation to the bars, but the price seems too good to be true. I don't know, any first-hand experiences?

Since July is in the low season, I assume it would easy to get a room without a reservation. I might reserve a room for my first night just so I know I have a place to stay. After that, see what the situation looks like with my feet on the ground. If you want to stay by Soi Cowboy, then I would recommand Citadines Sukhumvit 23. Place is CLEAN, nice rooms, and free breakfast. Also Checkout S Sukhumvit Suites or Sache Unos. Those are all very close to Soi Cowboy and nice rooms. Just have to research AGODA. Com and look at the map of where the rooms are. You can walk from Soi Cowboy to NANA, but it will be a good 20 min walk. Or just hope on the skytrain (ASOKE staion) right by soi cowboy and get off at NANA Station.

Fon Tok
06-09-11, 11:12
Hey Mates, Coming to Thailand for the first time in July, staying for three weeks. I'll be flying in and out of Bangkok. I've been RTFF and I'm starting to get my bearings. Soi 23 seems like the best place to be and after searching agoda. -- Com I found these places: Tai-Pan Hotel (Soi 23) 1 night-1359b -- Since July is in the low season, I assume it would easy to get a room without a reservation. I might reserve a room for my first night just so I know I have a place to stay. After that, see what the situation looks like with my feet on the ground.The Tai-Pan Hotel is a good choice for the price. It's an older hotel, but it's clean and well managed. From the Tai-Pan it's a five minute walk to Soi Cowboy, MRT, and the BTS. There are lots of oil massage shops right out the door. The massage ladies are more than happy to come to your room, too.

Consider making your reservation on booking (dot) com to avoid the Agoda prepay. July should be no problem for winging it. Most hotels have wi-fi and you can book your next hotel at the best price this way. Just be sure to bring a memory stick for the voucher in case the hotel asks for one at check in.

Shinozaki
06-09-11, 14:44
Really great info everyone, cheers! Good to know there's a dependable train system too. I usually prefer to travel in the city on foot; a little for the exercise, but mainly for the eye candy.

Syzygies
06-11-11, 06:43
If you want to stay by Soi Cowboy, then I would recommand Citadines Sukhumvit 23. Place is CLEAN, nice rooms, and free breakfast. Also Checkout S Sukhumvit Suites or Sache Unos. Those are all very close to Soi Cowboy and nice rooms. Just have to research AGODA. Com and look at the map of where the rooms are. You can walk from Soi Cowboy to NANA, but it will be a good 20 min walk. Or just hope on the skytrain (ASOKE staion) right by soi cowboy and get off at NANA Station.Citadines 23 was disappointing for me, without remembering all the reasons why, but didn't like it. Admiral Premier is close by and significantly better.

Walk from Cowboy to Nana is quite do-able in good weather (not right now perhaps), but walk on south side to avoid footpath stalls and customers blocking your way. If you are feeling lazy, can get a motorcycle to take you in just two minutes, or catch a taxi (a bit slow). It is not really efficient to catch the BTS train (its only 1 stop) unless you get lucky and next one arrives immediately. Catching train still leaves a fair amount of walking to do, perhaps 30% of the trip.

Miami was a shitty hotel 20 years ago, and is only declining I suspect. I wouldn't be seen dead there. Don't even consider that one, without looking at the rooms first. There are much better budget options. Even Honey, Soi 19 is was way nicer than Miami, many years back, despite very small rooms.

FreakFunk
06-12-11, 18:32
I normally stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel or the ambassador or even the Miami hotel. I want something similar with free WIFI in the rooms? You have to pay at the ambassador which is expensive. I like to be within walking distance of soi cowboy or nana plaza, thanks in advance.

Garoto
06-12-11, 23:30
I would like to reserve one week MONACO HOTEL in 08/2011. Anybody Stayed There? Is a noisy area or with building in progress near Hotel? Is a clean and safety hotel and area?

Thank you in advance

Wandere
06-13-11, 07:02
I normally stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel or the ambassador or even the Miami hotel. I want something similar with free WIFI in the rooms? You have to pay at the ambassador which is expensive. I like to be within walking distance of soi cowboy or nana plaza, thanks in advance.Problem with Ambassador is they are not gf and they get exodus of human beings and they trat guests like commodities.

Ciao

Wmb774
06-13-11, 08:21
I stayed there for 10 days in May. The hotel is very quiet and I didn't see any construction in the area. They are girl friendly. The hotel is at the end of Soi 2. They have a tuk tuk to take you up to Sukumvit. I usually walk back at night with no safety issues experienced. I walked back at night with girls so the walk is not to far. I enjoyed my stay there and I would stay there again. If you have any questions PM me.

WMB774

BionicMan
06-13-11, 15:12
I normally stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel or the ambassador or even the Miami hotel. I want something similar with free WIFI in the rooms? You have to pay at the ambassador which is expensive. I like to be within walking distance of soi cowboy or nana plaza, thanks in advance.If you RTFF you will have most of the answersw already posted.

Somebody took his time to post.

You take your time to read

Happy Harry
06-14-11, 17:22
Heads up, the accor chain of hotels is having 50% off their regular rate, sales starting on the 16/6.

Somewhere15
06-15-11, 00:03
I normally stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel or the ambassador or even the Miami hotel. I want something similar with free WIFI in the rooms? You have to pay at the ambassador which is expensive. I like to be within walking distance of soi cowboy or nana plaza, thanks in advance.I found the following for that. . . . . . . Instead of having your breakfast included into the room price I ask them to drop that of and give me free internet. . . . . . This worked several times and. . . . . . . As I am normally up after 10:30 AM. . . . . . Breakfast would be also closed already.

Syzygies
06-15-11, 04:09
I normally stay at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel or the ambassador or even the Miami hotel. I want something similar with free WIFI in the rooms? You have to pay at the ambassador which is expensive. I like to be within walking distance of soi cowboy or nana plaza, thanks in advance.Look you are in a very low price bracket but you don't state your maximum price. Most Hotel sites like Agoda or wotif you can do searches by price range, and they will show "Free Wifi" or "complimentary wifi" on the Hotel Info.

Grand Business Inn on Soi 11 would be an option if meets your price range. Most cheap Hotels will have free wifi if they have wifi at all.

Bunky
06-15-11, 04:18
Citadines 23 was disappointing for me, without remembering all the reasons why, but didn't like it. Admiral Premier is close by and significantly better.Mr. Syzygies: If you don't mind, please elaborate as to why you liked the Admiral Premier. I see they have several types of suites. Which one did you stay in? How was the Internet? Do you recommend requesting a certain floor or part of the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Bunky

Crazy4Thai
06-15-11, 05:02
Heads up, the accor chain of hotels is having 50% off their regular rate, sales starting on the 16/6.Thanks Harry. Good tip!

I went and looked at accor. Com and there are 29 of their hotels in Bangkok.

Do you suppose we'll see 50% on all properties through any booking venue? Or just through their own website limited to a few? Any other details you can share greatly appreciated.

C4T

Pekkakoo
06-15-11, 16:35
I didn't like Admiral Premier. Bathroom was bad, floor always flooding when having a shower in the tub. Also location too far from Sukhumvit road, need a taxi or motobike to walk to MRT or skytrain. Can anyone suggest a better hotel?

Duniawala
06-15-11, 17:00
For those not wanting to far from Suk, you can always try Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel. I believe you can get it for 1400B if you book directly or at about 1500 from the online booking sites. Nice clean rooms but nothing fancy. They have free wifi. It's the hotel on top of Thermae.

Chill Out
06-15-11, 18:34
I didn't like Admiral Premier. Bathroom was bad, floor always flooding when having a shower in the tub. Also location too far from Sukhumvit road, need a taxi or motobike to walk to MRT or skytrain. Can anyone suggest a better hotel?Go a few pages back. Read the thread.

Syzygies
06-16-11, 10:39
I didn't like Admiral Premier. Bathroom was bad, floor always flooding when having a shower in the tub. Also location too far from Sukhumvit road, need a taxi or motobike to walk to MRT or skytrain. Can anyone suggest a better hotel?To be factual, Google Maps shows the walk to MRT 550m (7 mins) , too far to walk if its raining or you have high heels, but Hotel provides a complimentary Tuk Tuk to send you. Slightly further to BTS. I have often walked back from Cowboy with a girl (no issue if nice weather).

The Cheapest category rooms have shower over the bath, which is a common problem at many Hotels. Some rooms may have poor bathroom floor drainage if splash lots of water which runs out onto the floor. Leave the bath mat outside the bathroom just in case. Many rooms have floor drainage that is okay I only had problems with a lot of water when had 3 girls all showering with me (actually couldn't fit all 4 of us at the same time).

Can get a upgrade to room with shower stall, but will cost a bit more, if important to you. Not many cheaper Hotels have bath and a separate shower stall, except in their higher class rooms. Some exceptions, e. G. Dynasty Grande I recall has fabulous bathrooms. For a nearby Hotel, Grand Millenium is good when get a good price at Wotif, and superb bathrooms.

Syzygies
06-16-11, 10:58
Mr. Syzygies: If you don't mind, please elaborate as to why you liked the Admiral Premier. I see they have several types of suites. Which one did you stay in? How was the Internet? Do you recommend requesting a certain floor or part of the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

BunkyAdmiral Premier has good sized rooms with kitchenette, large size fridge not filled with Hotel's junk, free internet (ISG disabled however) , free breakfast, Large flat screen TV, DVD player, sometimes free upgrade for me (maybe because I am a regular and they like me or maybe just the better rooms weren't booked by anyone) , close to Cowboy, MRT and BTS (all walking distance IMHO). Small swimming pool, Gym, etc.

Bathrooms are a bit small, so an upgrade could be important, to some, with a shower stall. Often have good prices available on Agoda or Wotif, but not all the time. Price is all inclusive, no extras to pay.

There are better Hotels but AP seems good value for money. Staff are okay Seem to be lots of restaurant choices in the vicinity. I greatly preferred it over Citadines and my Thai girl did too. I would have to look at old reports about the Citadines 23 to remember the reasons. GM is in another class altogether but will cost a lot more, and room GM doesn't include everything automatically. Just my opinions.

Barko who often goes to Grand Millenium agreed that AP was a good value for money alternative.

Crazy4Thai
06-16-11, 15:57
Thanks Harry. Good tip!

I went and looked at accor. Com and there are 29 of their hotels in Bangkok.

Do you suppose we'll see 50% on all properties through any booking venue? Or just through their own website limited to a few? Any other details you can share greatly appreciated.

C4TNo word back from Harry. The accor website says 50% off 8 July through 4 Sept and you must book in the next 6 days. 21 BKK ACCOR hotels at 50% off.

Offered in the spirit of Barko.

Where is that guy anyway?

C4T

Chill Out
06-16-11, 16:43
Offered in the spirit of Barko.

Where is that guy anyway? I don't know but he is missed.

Maybe he had a heart attack between 4 hotties, in a 5 star suite somewhere.

Dale Arnold
06-17-11, 04:26
I stayed at the Majestic Grande a few years ago a year or so after they first opened. Excellent hotel, great service, and girl-friendly. Anyone stay there recently? Is it still any good? Is Dynasty Grande better? Thank you!

Mc Don
06-17-11, 04:39
How far am I from the action in terms of time? Is it easy to get a cab? I will be with business partners so I don't want them to know what I am up to at least not right away LOL, are there bars, massage parlous near or is it more of a secluded setting? Also is the hotel nice?

Syzygies
06-17-11, 08:19
Heads up, the accor chain of hotels is having 50% off their regular rate, sales starting on the 16/6.Book from 8 July onwards. Ibis Nana comes out at 692 Baht and Le Fenix at 1100, Grand Mecure Suk 1050.

However I can't readily see if taxes included, and whether BF included.

Davidsmith33
06-17-11, 11:34
Book from 8 July onwards. Ibis Nana comes out at 692 Baht and Le Fenix at 1100, Grand Mecure Suk 1050.

However I can't readily see if taxes included, and whether BF included. Taxes are slightly extra, with a night at IBIS Nana in July costing about $26 US. There are some really nice properties such as the Pullman and the Grand Sukhumvit, going for about $70 all-inclusive. It's a good overall sale and worth checking out.

FreakFunk
06-18-11, 16:57
Taxes are slightly extra, with a night at IBIS Nana in July costing about $26 US. There are some really nice properties such as the Pullman and the Grand Sukhumvit, going for about $70 all-inclusive. It's a good overall sale and worth checking out.Is there no problems taking girls back to the Ibis at Nana?

NicFrenchy
06-19-11, 03:16
4 points by Sheraton, Sukhumvit soi 15 == Excellent service, Great state of the art Rooms and Totally Girl Friendly

Syzygies
06-19-11, 05:09
Taxes are slightly extra, with a night at IBIS Nana in July costing about $26 US. There are some really nice properties such as the Pullman and the Grand Sukhumvit, going for about $70 all-inclusive. It's a good overall sale and worth checking out.This is Thailand and an International Forum. US dollars aren't that meaningfull to everyone, specially since I have no idea if US dollars are worth anything much anymore LOL.

Gotnuru
06-19-11, 05:11
I'd like to be close to the action, plan to arrive early first week of July and stay for a few days before heading off to Pattaya. Would like a room with mirrors viewable from bed, guest friendly, and preferably a bath tub or jacuzzi, though a shower would also be ok. I have seen the Star Inn mentioned here. Any comments on that or other suggestions would be appreciated. Up to about 1, 500 baht would be ok.

FreakFunk
06-19-11, 11:27
This is really simply but are they no hotels in Sukhumvit that offer free in room wifi? Seriously, I can't find this info anywhere. I know the Ibis has it in the hotel lobby, anyone tried that one & does it work okay?

This is important to me for work.

FreakFunk
06-19-11, 11:46
Free Wifi in the rooms?

Does any hotel near sukhumvit offer this? I read Nana & Ibis have it free in the lobby, has anyone used it? Does it work okay? I need it for work.

Thanks

Wandere
06-19-11, 20:59
This 4. 5 Star Wot Hotel is a Luxury Boutique Hotel located right in Sukhumvit prime area.

Can someone please help as to which Hotel it could be?

Is it Dream Hotel?

Cheers!

DfpDfp
06-20-11, 14:56
Any recommendations for any short time hotels around Sukhumvit. Good quality, clean, nice bathroom etc.

Duniawala
06-20-11, 17:00
This is really simply but are they no hotels in Sukhumvit that offer free in room wifi? Seriously, I can't find this info anywhere. I know the Ibis has it in the hotel lobby, anyone tried that one & does it work okay?

This is important to me for work. If you had searched, you would have had the answer by now. Anyway, Ruamchitt has it. Be sure to get a room next to the antenna (which is in the middle of the corridor) for best results. There are others but RTFF.

FreakFunk
06-20-11, 20:01
If you had searched, you would have had the answer by now. Anyway, Ruamchitt has it. Be sure to get a room next to the antenna (which is in the middle of the corridor) for best results. There are others but RTFF.That doesn't help a great deal. Does every room have it or only the rooms near the antenna?

& the other guy re: short time hotels. They are lots & lots. I've been to several different ones that you can walk to & theres lots more you can get a short taxi too.

Fon Tok
06-21-11, 10:54
Free Wifi in the rooms? Does any hotel near sukhumvit offer this? I read Nana & Ibis have it free in the lobby, has anyone used it? Does it work okay? I need it for work. ThanksThe Tai-Pan Hotel on Soi 23 does. So does Livingstone's Lodge on Soi 33.

Duniawala
06-21-11, 18:03
That doesn't help a great deal. Does every room have it or only the rooms near the antenna?

& the other guy re: short time hotels. They are lots & lots. I've been to several different ones that you can walk to & theres lots more you can get a short taxi too. From my experience, the WIFI connectivity is better in rooms near the antenna. Haven't been there for a while. It could have improved.

Luvpuss
06-21-11, 19:26
Free Wifi in the rooms?

Does any hotel near sukhumvit offer this? I read Nana & Ibis have it free in the lobby, has anyone used it? Does it work okay? I need it for work.

ThanksI stay at the President Palace on Soi 11 and they do. Why don't you narrow down the hotels you want to stay in (check Agoda) and email them to confirm.

Member #4378
06-21-11, 19:42
Free Wifi in the rooms?

ThanksDynasty Inn (you need to ask to put you in a room close to router) , Dynasty Grande (wired internet) , and the new Dynasty I believe.

Finrod
06-21-11, 21:16
Dynasty Inn (you need to ask to put you in a room close to router) , Dynasty Grande (wired internet) , and the new Dynasty I believe.If you don't mind walking down Soi 4, the Royal Ivory has free wifi in the rooms. Check them on Agoda.

If you don't mind being smack in the middle of the action, Everrich Inn between Soi 5 and Soi 7 (iirc) has wifi in the rooms, performance is ok, probably not good for heavy duty stuff.

FreakFunk
06-21-11, 21:42
If you don't mind walking down Soi 4, the Royal Ivory has free wifi in the rooms. Check them on Agoda.

If you don't mind being smack in the middle of the action, Everrich Inn between Soi 5 and Soi 7 (iirc) has wifi in the rooms, performance is ok, probably not good for heavy duty stuff.This Royal Ivory looks like a good shout, I think thats the same soi as the Woraburi where I normally stay, but not as far down? Have you stayed her personally?

Pita123
06-21-11, 22:10
Any recommendations for any short time hotels around Sukhumvit. Good quality, clean, nice bathroom etc.Hollywood on second floor at NP

Chill Out
06-22-11, 01:21
are they no hotels in Sukhumvit that offer free in room wifi? Seriously, I can't find this info anywhere.It is hiding in the last 5 pages of this thread. Shocking, isn't it?

Mr Jetsetter
06-22-11, 03:10
Free Wifi in the rooms?

ThanksCheck out Booking.Com. Their site will answer this and a bunch of other questions. Have used them twice to book hotels in Bangkok with absolutely no problems.

OldHarry
06-22-11, 19:14
Any recommendations for any short time hotels around Sukhumvit. Good quality, clean, nice bathroom etc.Adelphi suites has free wi-fi in all rooms.

GreenBud
06-23-11, 11:21
Free Wifi in the rooms?

Does any hotel near sukhumvit offer this? Majestic Suites has free wi-fi. They used to charge, but IMO competition made them offer it for free.

Many (most?) mid-priced hotels (1500 - 2000 baht) should offer free wi-fi.

Finrod
06-23-11, 19:14
This Royal Ivory looks like a good shout, I think thats the same soi as the Woraburi where I normally stay, but not as far down? Have you stayed her personally?I have stayed there. Rooms are spacious and clean. Inroom safe available, I think it might have been large enough for my netbook. Decent breakfast buffet which could be included with your rate depending on which Agoda price you go for. While it is on Soi 4, it is a bit of a walk down the soi away from Nana Plaza, maybe a couple of buildings past the Omni Suites on the same side of the street. I last stayed there in January '10. Good luck.

I seem to recall a massage place next door to the Royal Ivory away from Nana. But the synapses are losing it.

FreakFunk
06-24-11, 16:52
Thank for the info guys. Just a quick note though, if I wanted to troll through previous posts for info I simply would have googled it. The whole point of a forum is to discuss and have a more personal discussion, its not a reference guide. I would prefer people just simply didn't reply that tell me to look through the forum.

Thanks for the help from those who did, I appreciate it. Now I just need a hotel for Pattaya, I used to always use the AA Hotel but not sure now.

Chill Out
06-24-11, 20:39
People are telling you to read up the thread because they follow this thread regularly and the answer to your question is there, in recent pages, and with lots of details. You can't expect people to copy-paste their reviews whenever asked.

FreakFunk
06-24-11, 20:43
People are telling you to read up the thread because they follow this thread regularly and the answer to your question is there, in recent pages, and with lots of details. You can't expect people to copy-paste their reviews whenever asked.I don't expect people to do anything but ignore my posts if they have nothing to contribute thats positive & will enhance my experience. If I wanted to read up other peoples info I woufl simple google the answers however I wanted to engage directly with people who could assist me. I'm looking for people to chat with, thankfully some people have been a great help. Anyone got a problem with me asking questions then ignore them. Its not a 'database' of info. Its a discussion board.

Thanks again to those who assisted me in picking a hotel.

Rjsss212
06-24-11, 21:12
Thank for the info guys. Just a quick note though, if I wanted to troll through previous posts for info I simply would have googled it. The whole point of a forum is to discuss and have a more personal discussion, its not a reference guide. I would prefer people just simply didn't reply that tell me to look through the forum.

Thanks for the help from those who did, I appreciate it. Now I just need a hotel for Pattaya, I used to always use the AA Hotel but not sure now. Hmmm, Google search "girl friendly hotel". Is a plug-in required?

Monkey1818
06-25-11, 07:12

Thanks for the help from those who did, I appreciate it. Now I just need a hotel for Pattaya, I used to always use the AA Hotel but not sure now. I've been to Patts many many times. And the best advice I can give you is just to e-mail them with ANY Questions. If you find a place you may like staying just e-mail them ask them if their GF friendly or have a joiner fee. I've done it a many many times. And 95% will respond back and tell you.

TotoSing
06-26-11, 08:40
Is there a hotel in Bangkok having room with floor to ceiling bed side mirror like one in Nova Platinum Pattaya?

The Pro
06-27-11, 03:39
Why does anyone worry about free wi-fi in Bangkok.

If you have a 3G USB dongle or 3G Aircard you can buy an "I-mobile" 3G Internet Sim card for 150 baht in Panthip Plaza and other places. Its valid for 45 days and has 1GB of data use.

Or you can buy an IEC 3G sim which is 99 baht with 30 days validity and has 500MB of data use.

IEC works straight away, the I-mobile sim you have to wait about 30 minutes after first log in.

3G signal is pretty good all over Bangkok and will eventually be country wide. Eventually being the key word.

Clokey
06-27-11, 11:11
Is there a hotel in Bangkok having room with floor to ceiling bed side mirror like one in Nova Platinum Pattaya?The Penthouse Hotel has mirrors. Ceilings, walls etc. Not sure if they have a sister hotel in Bangkok that offers the same type of thing. Anybody know?

FreakFunk
06-27-11, 21:18
Why does anyone worry about free wi-fi in Bangkok.

If you have a 3G USB dongle or 3G Aircard you can buy an "I-mobile" 3G Internet Sim card for 150 baht in Panthip Plaza and other places. Its valid for 45 days and has 1GB of data use.

Or you can buy an IEC 3G sim which is 99 baht with 30 days validity and has 500MB of data use.

IEC works straight away, the I-mobile sim you have to wait about 30 minutes after first log in.

3G signal is pretty good all over Bangkok and will eventually be country wide. Eventually being the key word.Good to know that but doesn't really help anyone with wifi only ipads. However, handy for my laptop / netbook if I decide to take it, I'm trying to avoid doing that though cause the ipad is handier for trips.

Bunky
06-28-11, 05:38
the contenders:

the executive suite at the phachara suites

vs.

the admiral suite at the admiral premier.

they are both about 650 square feet, with a separate sitting area and a kitchenette. the phachara is more convenient to nana plaza, while the admiral premier is closer to soi cowboy. perhaps the phachara is slightly closer to its bts stop, while the admiral premier is also close to a mrt stop. prices are identical. this would be for a ten day stay at the end of the year.

i've never stayed at either place, so all i have to go one is online information. so if anybody has any first-hand insight, i would really appreciate it.

quality of the rooms? better liked by the girls? view from the balconies? level of service? neighborhood amenities? wi-fi speed? certain content blocked? anything else?

thanks in advance to all who spend more time in bangkok than i.

bunky

BionicMan
06-28-11, 06:34
The Penthouse Hotel has mirrors. Ceilings, walls etc. Not sure if they have a sister hotel in Bangkok that offers the same type of thing. Anybody know?Good point! PH is clearly a mongering superfriendly hotel from what we read here.

We all know what's the main business purpose fir mongerers in Pattaya.

Nonetheless BKK is not any less, seen the general numbers of mongerers the city calls (and seen the local offer!).

Wondering then why PH owners or anybody else had not thought about a PH type in BKK.

It shouldn't be that hard to have a sufficient flow of traffic.

PH has "its" prices and maybe not all can afford, but some 50 rooms would mean 50 customers a day: a mission impossible for BKK?

True that lots of hotels are now in BKK are struggling, but a niche "rich"business might work.

In these recession times there seems to be still great business for top brands, business class on flights etc.

Just think at those high spenders (and over spenders!) such as wealthy tourist travellers (Russians and alike).

Would be great to read your opinion, guys.

T_Bozen
06-28-11, 12:45
I hughly recommend this hotel in terms of comfort and price.

It is llocated on sukhmvit soi 2, 200 metres from annie's message.

Rooms are cozy and comfortable, good internet connection, food is tasty,

Room cost 1800 BT / night incl. Breakfast.

And most of all they are guest friendly.

Enjoy

CutieAss
06-28-11, 14:03
Hi. I will be in Bangkok on offical duty. This is my first visit to Thailand. My company is putting me up at St. Regis, Rajadamri Road. Is this a hotel where I can bring in women. If no, can somebody with experience help me with a hotel which will be close by to this hotel for a ST. Also is there any action available in terms of MP's, bar or disco with WG available close by to this hotel. I will be blocked out from 8 am to 10 pm with meetings and will hardly get chance to even move out from the hotel. But Bangkok being one of the sex capitals of the world I would not like to miss on a chance with getting some flavor of the local women. I want to try and avoid bringing them back to my hotel as I will be with other colleagues. Any help or guidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. If there are any PROS I can book over phone etc. Any number can be PM to me directly.

Rgds.

CS

BionicMan
06-28-11, 17:42
Hi. I will be in Bangkok on offical duty. This is my first visit to Thailand. . If there are any PROS I can book over phone etc. Any number can be PM to me directly.

Rgds.

CSSorry the help desk hot line is closed for the elections this week.

You have to RTFF to get all the answers to all your questions. You will not be disappointed by the level of information available here.

Help yourself, and I really mean that! (and get some wake up pills as if you plan to monger from 10pm to 8am, well. You might be a bit knackered for your business meetings.

Romannico
07-04-11, 11:18
the contenders:

the executive suite at the phachara suites

vs.

the admiral suite at the admiral premier.

they are both about 650 square feet, with a separate sitting area and a kitchenette. the phachara is more convenient to nana plaza, while the admiral premier is closer to soi cowboy. perhaps the phachara is slightly closer to its bts stop, while the admiral premier is also close to a mrt stop. prices are identical. this would be for a ten day stay at the end of the year.

i've never stayed at either place, so all i have to go one is online information. so if anybody has any first-hand insight, i would really appreciate it.

quality of the rooms? better liked by the girls? view from the balconies? level of service? neighborhood amenities? wi-fi speed? certain content blocked? anything else?

thanks in advance to all who spend more time in bangkok than i.

bunkybunky,

i have never been to the admiral premier, but have stayed 4 nights in phachara suites this june in an executive suite.

the room was great: lots of space, great bed, great view (room 901: no balcony but you have a nice view of the city. not all rooms have balconies, make sure you ask before if it's important for you).

2 flat screen tvs with lots of international channels and friendly reception.

it's actually more like a high end appartement, as there is a full kitchen (giant fridge, a microwave, plates, bowls, wine openers.) and even a washing machine in the room.

however, the breakfast was not very good (i went one morning and then never again because of the poor quality) , to get wifi you have to type the wifi code everytime you want to use the internet (vs. typing it once and the computer automatically logging on afterwards) and the toilets are in the bathroom (vs. separated room).

i did not bring a girl back to the hotel, but judging from the breakfast crowd, the hotel is most definetly girl friendly.

oh, and there's a gym and a pool on the 8th floor.

i would probably choose this hotel over the admiral because i find the nana area to be better than soy cowboy. the gogo bars are better, lots of massage and soapy massage places are walking distance from nana (eden, annies.) and you're very close to [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s, the blowjob only place, which i found to be a good way to start the day.

also, there's a 7/11 right in front of phachara great combination with the kitchen you have in the room.

i hope this helps!

DG69
07-05-11, 16:16
Has somebody made experience with the Amora NeoLuxe Hotel? Used the search but there were no results.

I would like to know if the Hotel is Girlfriendly.

Sad Sam
07-06-11, 18:16
I know that there are many in BKK that if you book a double room will allow one lady to join without any additional fees. How about any that will allow 2 or more ladies to join?

Vittu
07-07-11, 04:04
Need a nice hotel near the water. Any recommendations?

Romannico
07-07-11, 12:09
Need a nice hotel near the water. Any recommendations?Juste type your search in google.

http://www.bangkok.com/hotels/riverside.htm

The riverside is not close to the mongering action, so any hotel will probably do

AussieDoug
07-07-11, 12:30
The Penthouse Hotel has mirrors. Ceilings, walls etc. Not sure if they have a sister hotel in Bangkok that offers the same type of thing. Anybody know?Have a look at Majestic Suites or Majestic Grande, they have web sites, long time since I stayed there, but I think had a mirror on the wardrobe that would do the trick.

Rjsss212
07-07-11, 13:06
Need a nice hotel near the water. Any recommendations?The Peninsula.

Allover
07-07-11, 14:51
Vittu, there are a dozen beautiful high end hotels, including The Peninsula and a Marriott, on the river. My advice would be to select one on the BTS Skytrain side of the river. It takes a long time to get anywhere in Bangkok and being on the "convenient" side of the river is better. The Peninsula and others do have free river shuttles that take you to their side of the river.

The BTS station Stephian Taksin (spelling?) ends right at the river pier and staying at hotel near the stop would make the river location far more convenient. I know there is a Mandarin Oriental on the "convenient" side of the river but I forget if that is the one next to the BTS stop. Maybe somebody else can remember which hotel is nearest that BTS station.

If I stayed on the river, I would prefer that hotel.

If you stay near the river I would suggest renting a long tail boat for a 1-1 1/2 hour tour that would take in the weekend market. I forget the name of the market but it begins with the letter "T". It's not the huge Chatuchuk market. On the weekend a boat will rent for about B1200.

Hank Free
07-07-11, 15:14
Vittu, there are a dozen beautiful high end hotels, including The Peninsula and a Marriott, on the river. My advice would be to select one on the BTS Skytrain side of the river. It takes a long time to get anywhere in Bangkok and being on the "convenient" side of the river is better. The Peninsula and others do have free river shuttles that take you to their side of the river.

The BTS station Stephian Taksin (spelling?) ends right at the river pier and staying at hotel near the stop would make the river location far more convenient. I know there is a Mandarin Oriental on the "convenient" side of the river but I forget if that is the one next to the BTS stop. Maybe somebody else can remember which hotel is nearest that BTS station.

If you stay near the river I would suggest renting a long tail boat for a 1-1 1/2 hour tour that would take in the weekend market. I forget the name of the market but it begins with the letter "T". It's not the huge Chatuchuk market. On the weekend a boat will rent for about B1200.Allover / Vittu,

The nearest hotel to the BTS Skytrain is the Shangri La, then the Oriental (Mandarin) and then the Royal Orchid Sheraton (next to River City). All three are 5 star class.

Cheers, Hank.

Allover
07-08-11, 06:05
Thanks Hank Free. The Shangri La would be my choice if I stayed on the river. If you are shacking up with a girl, plan on eating and hanging at the hotel, and want privacy, the Peninsula / Marriot side of the river would work.

Rjsss212
07-09-11, 14:56

If you stay near the river I would suggest renting a long tail boat for a 1-1 1/2 hour tour that would take in the weekend market. I forget the name of the market but it begins with the letter "T". It's not the huge Chatuchuk market. On the weekend a boat will rent for about B1200.In which of the riverside hotels have you stayed?

Member #2041
07-09-11, 16:34
Allover / Vittu,

The nearest hotel to the BTS Skytrain is the Shangri La, then the Oriental (Mandarin) and then the Royal Orchid Sheraton (next to River City). All three are 5 star class.

Cheers, Hank.5 star is definitely pushing it with the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The rooms are nice and the pools are nice, but the general level of service, and all the tour groups coming in and out make the place a 4-star, IMHO, not a 5.

Bunky
07-09-11, 16:58
I have never been to the Admiral Premier, but have stayed 4 nights in Phachara Suites this June in an Executive Suite.A most informative review. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to post.

Bunky

Lakeside
07-10-11, 06:51
5 star is definitely pushing it with the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The rooms are nice and the pools are nice, but the general level of service, and all the tour groups coming in and out make the place a 4-star, IMHO, not a 5.In addition the Royal Orchid Sheraton is not girlfriendly! So no meaning to book it if you like to monger. If you stay there with your wife it would be ok.

Axpire
07-10-11, 15:37
Hi Folks!

In 3 weeks I will be in BKK for the first time, yeah.)!

3 Month ago I have been in patong and stayed at amari coral beach and they charge 1500 baht for taking a girl to my room!

Maybe someone of you could help me and answer my question:

I would like to stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel managed by ARCOR in Soi 6 at the diamond suite for 6 nights http://www.grandsukhumvithotel.com/accommodation/

Do anyone know about they are girlfriendly or not, because I don't want be charged for taking a girl to my room like in patong?

I was reading alot in these forum but I can't find out nothing about Grand Sukhumvit Hotel by ARCOR in Soi6!

Also if someone of you stayed at this hotel maybe write a short opinion for me!

Thanks and hope for getting your answers soon,

Axpire

Member #2041
07-10-11, 17:14
In addition the Royal Orchid Sheraton is not girlfriendly! So no meaning to book it if you like to monger. If you stay there with your wife it would be ok.I had no problems bringing a couple of ladies back (1 at a time, taken from Star of Light) to the ROS. The fact is, there's pretty much nothing stopping you from taking your companion with you to the guest elevators. It's not a true 5-star, but it also doesn't cost like a 5-star, particularly if you use SPG points to book it.

Metkim
07-10-11, 19:48
Hey Guys, I tired to do a search but came with blank. Has anyone stayed at the Column Bangkok? If so, is it girl friendly?

Hank Free
07-10-11, 20:55
5 star is definitely pushing it with the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The rooms are nice and the pools are nice, but the general level of service, and all the tour groups coming in and out make the place a 4-star, IMHO, not a 5.The reference made to the Royal Orchid Sheraton being 5-star, is the Hotel Industry's classification, not mine.

Although I've stayed there on numerous occasions over the past 20 years and have always enjoyed good service. They also have an excellent Lounge facility with an extensive happy hour, for SPG members.

Hank Free
07-10-11, 21:02
I had no problems bringing a couple of ladies back (1 at a time, taken from Star of Light) to the ROS. The fact is, there's pretty much nothing stopping you from taking your companion with you to the guest elevators. It's not a true 5-star, but it also doesn't cost like a 5-star, particularly if you use SPG points to book it.I agree with Member #2041, I've never had any problems with taking ladies back to the ROS, the last time being in February with a delightful wench from Mango.

Member #2041
07-10-11, 21:22
The reference made to the Royal Orchid Sheraton being 5-star, is the Hotel Industry's classification, not mine.

Although I've stayed there on numerous occasions over the past 20 years and have always enjoyed good service. They also have an excellent Lounge facility with an extensive happy hour, for SPG members.

Perhaps, but it's simply NOT. The ROS doesn't have the sort of amenities, nor the sort of concierge service, nor the general attitude toward individualized service of their clientele, to be a true 5* place. And in actual fact, Starwood has 5 other hotels in Bangkok alone (St. Regis, Sheraton Grande, Plaza Athenee, Le Meridien, and Westin Grande) that they internally rank higher and pretty consistently charge more for.

In real life, the St. Regis and Sheraton Grande are true 5 stars, the Plaza Athenee, Le Meridien, and Westin Grande are more like 4 and a half stars, and the ROS is a 4 star place. Industry guides with self-servingly inflated ratings notwithstanding. That being said, I've gotten good deals there with my SPG points, and If I wanted to be by the river, I would have no problem booking the ROS - although recently, the Lebua is offering much better deals if cash money is being used to pay for it.

Aries3288
07-11-11, 03:21
Hey Guys, I tired to do a search but came with blank. Has anyone stayed at the Column Bangkok? If so, is it girl friendly?Yes, the Column Hotel is girl friendly and I have stayed there a couple of times. Nice large room and there is a Foodland right next to the hotel which is excellent for cheap food 24

Hrs. Soi Cowboy is less then 10 minutes walk and is quiet at night as the location is off the main Sukhumvit Road.

Rrangeela
07-11-11, 08:53
Hi Folks!

In 3 weeks I will be in BKK for the first time, yeah.)!

3 Month ago I have been in patong and stayed at amari coral beach and they charge 1500 baht for taking a girl to my room!

Maybe someone of you could help me and answer my question:

I would like to stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel managed by ARCOR in Soi 6 at the diamond suite for 6 nights.

http://www.grandsukhumvithotel.com/accommodation/

Do anyone know about they are girlfriendly or not, because I don't want be charged for taking a girl to my room like in patong?

I was reading alot in these forum but I can't find out nothing about Grand Sukhumvit Hotel by ARCOR in Soi6!

Also if someone of you stayed at this hotel maybe write a short opinion for me!

Thanks and hope for getting your answers soon,

AxpireHi There,

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel is definitely Guest Friendly and does not charge any additional fee. I have stayed there on a number of occassions and have had no problems bringing more than one guest at a time and at late hours after Nana Liquid closed down.

Have a great time.

Rrangeela

Axpire
07-13-11, 18:43
Hi There,

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel is definitely Guest Friendly and does not charge any additional fee. I have stayed there on a number of occassions and have had no problems bringing more than one guest at a time and at late hours after Nana Liquid closed down.

Have a great time.

RrangeelaThanks for the info.

Sin City
07-15-11, 18:35
City Lodge Soi 9 in Sukhumvit. Is this hotel girl-friendly.

Thank you

Canyon
07-16-11, 02:14
Need a nice hotel near the water. Any recommendations?Vittu,

My favorite is the Shangri-La. It's right on the river and most rooms have views. The rooms in the Krungthep wing have balconies. It's only about 50 steps from the BTS Skytrain, so it's very convenient. (The Krungthep wing is next to the station, so you have to work your way to the other side of the hotel if you stay in the main Shangri-La wing.) It's also girl-friendly. They have a nice pool and a deliciious breakfast buffet. It is not in the mddle of the action, but that was fine by me, since I could take the Skytrain to Nana, Cowboy or any place on Sukhumvit.

Canyon

TravelCollector
07-18-11, 06:03
5 star is definitely pushing it with the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The rooms are nice and the pools are nice, but the general level of service, and all the tour groups coming in and out make the place a 4-star, IMHO, not a 5.I am new to the boards. I have been near the Royal Orchid Sheraton. Are there women available in that hotel? I was also wondering about the female bathroom attendants in general (around Bangkok). They are sometimes very friendly and they stand there and watch me use the urinal sometimte. Has anyone ever tried asking them into a stall? Sounds kinky but I was just wondering.

BionicMan
07-19-11, 22:23
I am new to the boards. I have been near the Royal Orchid Sheraton. Are there women available in that hotel? I was also wondering about the female bathroom attendants in general (around Bangkok). They are sometimes very friendly and they stand there and watch me use the urinal sometimte. Has anyone ever tried asking them into a stall? Sounds kinky but I was just wondering.And with all the beauties, the stunners, the exorbitant offer in BKK you are looking for a bathroom attendant?

Member #2041
07-19-11, 22:42
I am new to the boards. I have been near the Royal Orchid Sheraton. Are there women available in that hotel? I was also wondering about the female bathroom attendants in general (around Bangkok). They are sometimes very friendly and they stand there and watch me use the urinal sometimte. Has anyone ever tried asking them into a stall? Sounds kinky but I was just wondering.Well, YMMV as far as picking up non-pro staffers, but in all likelihood, you need to go to some venue such as Patpong to pick up your companion. There certainly are NOT any ladies who hang out at the ROS with the express purpose of servicing the sexual needs of the guest there

Mouse1
07-20-11, 08:52
I am new to the boards. I have been near the Royal Orchid Sheraton. Are there women available in that hotel? I was also wondering about the female bathroom attendants in general (around Bangkok). They are sometimes very friendly and they stand there and watch me use the urinal sometimte. Has anyone ever tried asking them into a stall? Sounds kinky but I was just wondering.That's because they are bored rigid, not because they have a fascination with your dick. Go someplace else for excitement.

TravelCollector
07-21-11, 02:36
That's because they are bored rigid, not because they have a fascination with your dick. Go someplace else for excitement.Really? How do you know that?

Long Weekender
07-21-11, 18:13
Can any of my frnds tell me about siam city hotel and its being gf or good for fun?

Thanks in advance

FreakFunk
07-24-11, 11:18
I'm still struggling to find a hotel in Bangkok, I normally stay at the woraburi near sukhumvit but the wifi isn't free & in the rooms. Anyone confirm hotels at sukhumvit that offer free or cheap in room wifi for around 1000baht per night. I need to get something booked quickly.

Bkgee
07-25-11, 02:26
Hi guys,

I'm new to this part of the forum. Looking to go to Thailand in the early part of next year. What GF Hotels can you guys offer. I've researching them online but they don't tell you GF or not.

Tratnguyen1
07-25-11, 05:32
Gents;

I have been traveled to BKK. Many times just for mongering purposes.

I always stay at Majestic suites on Sukhumvit road and this hotel is totally.

G. F. Hotel. M. S. Is at excellent location adjacent to soi 4. In addition to M. S.

There are many other hotels in that area can offer great G. F. Atmosphere.

Like the Nana hotel, Majestic Grande, because they are in mongering district.

Soi4 Sukhumvit road.

Monkey1818
07-25-11, 09:58
Hi guys,

I'm new to this part of the forum. Looking to go to Thailand in the early part of next year. What GF Hotels can you guys offer. I've researching them online but they don't tell you GF or not.Best thing to do is just to e-mail the hotel you like and ask them. Nothing to be shy about. It's Thailand. That's what I usually do and they all respond back.

Stoker Star
07-25-11, 16:32
Somebody else is paying or I would not be staying here. That said does anybody have any knowledge of this place. Is it gff or does it have joiner fees. Is it close to soi cowboy or nana plaza?

Duniawala
07-25-11, 16:57
List courtesy of another site. Feel free to add to this list and keep it updated. Hopefully, newcomers will avoid asking the annoying question: is it girl friendly yet?

Also, if you need to know, it is best to ask the question directly to the hotel: Can I bring a girl to the room?

Remember, at times the hotel policy changes. So best ask the source.

Good hunting.

Sukhumvit Area Hotels.

JW Marriot Soi 2.

Majestic Grande Soi 2.

Grace Hotel Soi 3.

Unico Express Hotel Soi 3.

Nana Hotel Soi 4.

Dawin Nana Hotel Soi 4.

Majestic Suites Soi 4-6.

Landmark Hotel Soi 4-6.

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok Soi 6.

Star Inn Hotel [Web] Soi 7/1.

Adelphi Suites Hotel Soi 8.

Citadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 8 Soi 8.

On8 Sukhumvit Soi 8.

Grand President (Service Apt). Soi 11.

President Palace Soi 11.

President Solitaire Soi 11.

Swiss Park Hotel Soi 11.

Le Fenix Soi 11.

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit Soi 11.

Citadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 Soi 11.

CitiChic Hotel Soi 13.

Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel Soi 13/15.

Centre Point Sukhumvit Soi 10.

Manhattan Hotel Soi 15 (Book double / twin)

Dream Hotel Soi 15.

Royal President Soi 15.

Citadines Bangkok Soi 16.

Town Lodge (Link) Soi 18.

Westin Grande Sukhumvit Soi 19.

Sofitel Residence. Asoke Soi 19.

Sacha's Hotel Uno Bangkok Soi 19.

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Soi 12-14.

Drop Inn Bangkok [Web] Soi 20.

Premier Inn Soi 20.

Admiral Suites Soi 22.

I Style Trend Hotel Soi 22.

S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel Soi 21 (near Asoke Intersection)

Jasmine Executive Suites Soi 23.

Citadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 23 Soi 23.

Livingstone's Lodge Soi 33.

Dynasty Inn [Web] Soi 4.

Stable lodge [Web] Soi 8.

Emporium Suites Soi 24.

President Park Soi 24.

Davis Bangkok Hotel Soi 24 (update not GF anymore)

Ploenchit Area / Radjamri.

Intercontinental Bangkok Next to Gaysorn Plaza.

Centre Point Langsuan LangSuan Road.

Fraser Place Serviced Residences LangSuan Road.

Centre Point Wireless Wireless Road.

Plaza Athenee Wireless Road.

Grand Hyatt Erawan Radjamri Road.

Mayfair Marriot Executive Apts. LangSuan Road.

Ratchadapisek Area.

Veronica Residence Ratchadapisek Road.

Pallazo Hotel [Web] Ratchadapisek Road (Opp. To Emerald Hotel)

Hip Hotel Ratchadapisek Road (Soi Niam Uthit)

Other Areas.

Shangri-la Hotel Riverside.

The Peninsula Hotel Riverside.

A-One Hotel Rama 9 Road.

Amari Atrium New Petchburi Road.

Centre Point Petchburi New Petchburi Road Soi 15.

Centre Point Silom Bangrak.

Lebua at State Tower Bangrak (Silom Road)

Grand Diamond Pratunam New Petchburi Road

OldLoad
07-25-11, 17:55
Thanks Duniawala for the list!

I like to stay at Livingstones lodge on Soi33. Which is a great place to stay with built in "creature comforts".

(One can monger there and never leave the place.) Or you can bring your own.

I did not know the Peninsula was GF! Cool, I have stayed there for some meetings, but have not thought it was GF. Thanks for the update!

No more lonely nights at the Pen!

BionicMan
07-25-11, 18:50
I am new to the boards. I have been near the Royal Orchid Sheraton. I was also wondering about the female bathroom attendants in general (around Bangkok). They are sometimes very friendly and they stand there and watch me use the urinal sometimte. Has anyone ever tried asking them into a stall? Sounds kinky but I was just wondering.You can try a first approach by asking her whether she wants to shake it till the lat drop are gone.

If she responds well, you might have a deal, otherwise you better have your suitcases ready and change hotel.

BKK is a city where sex is widely available, but hotel staff should still be respected.

Sad Sam
07-26-11, 20:29
List courtesy of another site. Feel free to add to this list and keep it updated. Hopefully, newcomers will avoid asking the annoying question: is it girl friendly yet?

Also, if you need to know, it is best to ask the question directly to the hotel: Can I bring a girl to the room?

Remember, at times the hotel policy changes. So best ask the source.

Good hunting. (text deleted) One other new hotel to add to the list. Four Points By sheraton on Soi 15.

I stayed there a few weeks ago and since it is a brand new property, it is very nice. It is significantly cheaper than the Westin or Sheratons but the rooms, lobby, restaurants, food are all fabulous. Their breakfast buffer spread is great. Their rooftop bar and the pool are also very nice. They are definitely very GFE and there is no joiner fee. They will call you when the lady arrives to make sure that you are expecting someone and then will escort the lady to your door to make sure she doesnot get lost =)

All in all, a very staisfying stay. One problem though is that people get confused when you tell them the name. So, better to tell taxis or takeout ladies that you are right opposite Manhattan Hotel. Happy hunting.

Bkgee
07-27-11, 01:12
Thanks Guys for the hotel info! Never been to BKK before, I'm Costa Rica and D. R. Guy.

Bandy
07-28-11, 15:38
Is there any short time hotel for 2-3 hrs near the Subarnobhumi Airport? Or, may be the regular hotel can be rented by the hour? Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chrisde99
07-30-11, 02:59
I wonder if the Dawin Hotel is guest friendly and would welcome advice from guys who have stayed there before. In one of the trip advisor report it says it is not guest friendly.

AussieDoug
07-30-11, 13:57
Is there any short time hotel for 2-3 hrs near the Subarnobhumi Airport? Or, may be the regular hotel can be rented by the hour? Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.You can rent the Novotel opposite the terminal for I think 4 hour blocks, not cheap, but nice rooms etc. If you want stay in transit there is also a Louis Tavern in the transit area.

Run Mann
07-30-11, 15:19
I wonder if the Dawin Hotel is guest friendly and would welcome advice from guys who have stayed there before. In one of the trip advisor report it says it is not guest friendly.Stop wondering.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1029-Bangkok-Hotels&p=1080792&viewfull=1#post1080792

Member #2041
07-30-11, 17:13
Thanks Guys for the hotel info! Never been to BKK before, I'm Costa Rica and D. R. Guy.The bad news is, after your first Thailand trip, you'll be finding yourself trying to break away for minimum of 2 weeks at a time, with $1000+ airfare and 18-22 hour flights each way just to get back there, because Thailand will put those places to shame. I was in the process of investigating buying a new vacation/retirement home near Jaco when I went to Thailand for my first trip and that was the end of that process.

Luvpuss
07-31-11, 00:29
The bad news is, after your first Thailand trip, you'll be finding yourself trying to break away for minimum of 2 weeks at a time, with $1000+ airfare and 18-22 hour flights each way just to get back there, because Thailand will put those places to shame. I was in the process of investigating buying a new vacation/retirement home near Jaco when I went to Thailand for my first trip and that was the end of that process.I concur with you on that.

Luvpuss
07-31-11, 00:30
I wonder if the Dawin Hotel is guest friendly and would welcome advice from guys who have stayed there before. In one of the trip advisor report it says it is not guest friendly.You got your answer, but if you would have looked down 6 posts, it is on the list. Also, an email to the hotel never hurts.

Rjsss212
07-31-11, 00:53
I concur with you on that.Absolutely.

HornDog 3
07-31-11, 04:45
I have been rtff for a couple of months now. So many places to stay and massages to try. I'm looking to book at the Adelphi for the first week of Sept. Is this a good place to start my adventure into the wonderful world of Bangkok. Anyone that is going to be there that wants to meet for a beer is on me. Made a list of about 15 massage parlors to hit. Am I dreaming or what.

Tratnguyen1
07-31-11, 05:13
Gents,

I have always stay at the Majestic suites for all my trips to BKK.

I only had a noise problem on room 603 the last trip. Other than

That, I have many great times in the M. S. And very friendly staff.

In there. However, I may try other hotel hotel on Sukhumvit road

On my next trip later this year. I think the Maxim'Inn on soi7/1.

May be suite my style. Also, the Maxim's seems has done some

Renovations and having reasonable rates, totally GF. And with

Breakfast in the morning.

Rjsss212
07-31-11, 14:38
I'm guessing from your handle you are Chinese or spend time in Chinese countries. Coincidentally, I had a small plane that I fixed-up and resold that I had registered with the tail number F168 but that was a few years ago.

Though I've never stayed at the Mandarin I've been told numerous times that it is unabashedly NOT girl friendly. That being said, I have walked through many times as I stay across the river at the Peninsula (they have a cigar shop that is very good albeit expensive and it is there that I source my morning Cuban) and have never seen anything resembling security but maybe they perk-up when they see a Thai lady – something to consider.

There is a medium sized soi in between the Mandarin and the Shanra-La. Don't know the name but it is the main entrance and exit street for the Shangra-La. There are many shops (mainly tailors) and up about 1 block towards the main road (away from the river) there are a few massage places. These massage shops seem to service tourists from Mandarin, Shangra-La & Peninsula hotels, all well healed guests, so the prices are not great but still not bad. There are rarely any stunners but still some good talent if you look.

When I'm in staying at the Pen and feeling lazy I occasionally pull from one of these. The lady pictured is from one of these shops and though I can picture it clearly I could not tell you which one it is but you can look at the shops on the Shangra-La side and you may find her – her name is Ma. Great English, personality and service – fun to be with and she has some good stories about famous / powerful people she has serviced from the 3 hotels there. She'll come at any time and stay as long or short as you like and knows BKK inside out. If you upgrade your membership PM me and I will try to find her number for you. Or else just try your luck....

Luvpuss
07-31-11, 21:24
Gents,

I have always stay at the Majestic suites for all my trips to BKK.

I only had a noise problem on room 603 the last trip. Other than

That, I have many great times in the M. S. And very friendly staff.

In there. However, I may try other hotel hotel on Sukhumvit road

On my next trip later this year. I think the Maxim'Inn on soi7/1.

May be suite my style. Also, the Maxim's seems has done some

Renovations and having reasonable rates, totally GF. And with

Breakfast in the morning.I actually hated the MS and checked out after one night.

The Maxim does look nice, great location, and the price is very good.

Luvpuss
07-31-11, 21:29
i have been rtff for a couple of months now. so many places to stay and massages to try. i'm looking to book at the adelphi for the first week of sept. is this a good place to start my adventure into the wonderful world of bangkok. anyone that is going to be there that wants to meet for a beer is on me. made a list of about 15 massage parlors to hit. am i dreaming or what.hitting 15 may be difficult as you will probably want to vary your mongering.

book adelphi. it is awesome. right around the corner from [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s if you want an early morning bj. there is also a massage place on a small street one block from sukhumvit called aviva massage. i have always gotten great fs there. you then are in walking distance of many mp's, nana, sw's on soi 3, 5,7, and biergarten for fl's on soi 7 just to name a few.

Bkgee
08-03-11, 02:04
The bad news is, after your first Thailand trip, you'll be finding yourself trying to break away for minimum of 2 weeks at a time, with $1000+ airfare and 18-22 hour flights each way just to get back there, because Thailand will put those places to shame. I was in the process of investigating buying a new vacation/retirement home near Jaco when I went to Thailand for my first trip and that was the end of that process.Wow ok, I'm looking foward for this trip, it's not until next May, but just trying to do my homework, and you guys are great with your post!

Daschol
08-04-11, 07:22
I'm staying at the Sheraton Four Points and wanted to satisfy a fantasy of mine for awhile. A LT 3some (basically falling asleep with the ladies afterwards). I know that most hotels have a 2-gues-per-room limit. Will they let me bring two guests back to my room without charging me extra?

Luvpuss
08-04-11, 23:30
I'm staying at the Sheraton Four Points and wanted to satisfy a fantasy of mine for awhile. A LT 3some (basically falling asleep with the ladies afterwards). I know that most hotels have a 2-gues-per-room limit. Will they let me bring two guests back to my room without charging me extra?Like any hotel, email them and ask. Policies change all the time. You never know with the recent political changes.

They get those type of questions all the time, so don't be shy.

Keep a copy of email for confirmation.

Luv Lickin
08-05-11, 12:55
I'm staying at the Sheraton Four Points and wanted to satisfy a fantasy of mine for awhile. A LT 3some (basically falling asleep with the ladies afterwards). I know that most hotels have a 2-gues-per-room limit. Will they let me bring two guests back to my room without charging me extra?You can always ask, but at the Four Points I think you have another option too. The pool is on the roof, and there is a bar up there as well. Not sure how they tell the difference between who is going to rooms and who is going up to the bar. Of course, some people are obviously going back to their room, but a little discretion might go a long way.

The Pro
08-05-11, 15:28
I'm staying at the Sheraton Four Points and wanted to satisfy a fantasy of mine for awhile. A LT 3some (basically falling asleep with the ladies afterwards). I know that most hotels have a 2-gues-per-room limit. Will they let me bring two guests back to my room without charging me extra?Most hotels in Thailand have a 3 guest per room policy.

So no problem at all.

If you try to take 3 girls to your room you might be asked what you are up to, but 2 is fine.

Old German
08-10-11, 18:54
I have been recently 30 days in Southeast Asia in different regions. Starting point was each time Bangkok, I had been there totally 4 times. I used different hotels and booked all over Agoda. Here my experiences:

Citrus Sukhumvit Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 22.

I have been there for 3 nights. It's nearby between the Skytrain stations Asok and Phrom Phong. Also Soi Cowboy is only a short walk away. I paid about 50 Euro for one night, a good breakfast and free Wifi included. The room I had was very modern furnished and big enough with fairly 30 square meter, just as the bathroom with separated shower and bath tub. The reception is in the 2nd floor, so when you come to the entrance at the street, nobody controls you, when you come with one girl or more. The swimming pool at the roof isn't especially big, but fair. You have a great overview from there. I can recommend this hotel without confinement.

Two tips: Nearby in Sukhumvit Soi 33 is a very good Italian restaurant, name Basilico. It's relative pricy. I ordered only pizza, they are first class and very big, you can hardly eat all. And when you walk from there, turn right into Sukhumvit road and go to direction Phrom Phong Skytrain station, you will see an Italian Gelateria. They have fantastic ice cream.

Ivory Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Soi Nana).

There I spend one night. I paid 35 Euro, but the lower prize, compared to the Citrus hotel, wasn't it worth. The room have been in fact maybe 35 m2, but all was old and worn out. First I got a very smelly room. After my protests at the reception I got another room, but the smell in this room wasn't also fresh. Also the breakfast was fundamental worse as in Citrus hotel. The swimming pool is a joke, more a basin for children and totally bedraggled. The only 3 positive things: the Wifi is free, the hotel is girlfriendly, nobody is controlling and it's a very short walk to the bars in NEP. I surely will not stay again there.

Grand Palace Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

At the third time in Bangkok I stayed for one night in this hotel. I got a room in the third building. I paid about 50 Euro for this night included a good breakfast in the first building and free Wifi. The room was big enough, but fairly bald. Also the bathroom could be renovated. The girl has to register at a staff in the area of entrance. I didn't look for the swimming pool, because it was only a short overnight. The big advantage is the short walk to the Skytrain station Nana, to NEP or Soi Cowboy, but if I had a choice, I would prefer the Citrus hotel.

Admiral Premier Hotel in Sukhumvit 138 Soi 23.

I paid also roundabout 50 Euro for one night, a good breakfast and Wifi included. The room had 36 square meters with an opportunity to cook and a microwave. The furnishing was quite good. In the bathroom I had a bath tub, combined with a shower. On the roof is a big enough swimming pool with a fantastic overwiew. From hotel you need a 10 minute walk to Soi Cowboy or the Skytrain station Asok. One negative thing: I got first a very smelly room, apparently a heavy smoker used before this room. After my complaint I got another room, but also here the smell was muggy. And the Wifi was breaking down many a time for any minutes. So I can recommend this hotel only limited.

In conclusion: Citrus hotel was by far the best of all and I will stay there again, when I will come back to Bangkok.

TimTimGuy
08-10-11, 22:12
Grand Palace Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

At the third time in Bangkok I stayed for one night in this hotel. I got a room in the third building.Good report, but I think you mean the Grand President, which has 3 buildings. There is also a "President Palace" on soi 11, however.

TTG

Bungee Man
08-11-11, 02:09
Can anyone tell me whether the Baiyoke Boutique Hotel in Bangkok is girl friendly?

Does one have to register the lady who is accompanying you for the night with reception?

Thanks,

Bungee Man

Luvpuss
08-12-11, 00:53
Can anyone tell me whether the Baiyoke Boutique Hotel in Bangkok is girl friendly?

Does one have to register the lady who is accompanying you for the night with reception?

Thanks,

Bungee ManWhy don't you email or call them and ask.

Old German
08-12-11, 17:48
[QUOTE=TimTimGuy; 1185918]Good report, but I think you mean the Grand President, which has 3 buildings. There is also a "President Palace" on soi 11, however.

You are right. I have been in Grand President Hotel.

In my report two days before I mentioned also the Italian Gelateria. At my description how to go I made a mistake. When you come from

Sukhumvit Soi 33, you have to turn left into Sukhumvit road. The Gelateria is diagonal opposite to Emporium.

Prince007
08-13-11, 09:42
Anyone has experience with the Millenium Hilton by the river regarding its guest policy? I am staying there during my visit next week and wondering if I will be able to bring in a girl. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

-Don

Luvpuss
08-14-11, 00:36
Anyone has experience with the Millenium Hilton by the river regarding its guest policy? I am staying there during my visit next week and wondering if I will be able to bring in a girl. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

-DonI have had hotels change policies on me. To get the updated policy, your best bet is to email them, get an answer, and keep a copy of it.

Tratnguyen1
08-14-11, 04:20
Gents,

There is Nothing wrong to send the hotel a question or two regarding GF. Policy

Of the interested hotel before booking a room.

I have been traveled to BKK many times and always staying at the Majestic suites.

However, I shall try the Maxim's Inn on my next trip in BKK.

I did sent an email to make sure the Maxim's Inn has no joiner fee.

That is very simple question to answer because all the hotels in Sukhumvit road.

Understand what are the mongers need and want from the hotel.

IMHO, a majority of Sukhumvit hotels are GF. With great staff

Bugzy 69
08-14-11, 15:26
Been there last March & will definitely stay again. Area less hectic than Nana but one will find everyting, Bars, massages, even a large park prior to Emporium mall, not sure if I'm pronouncing right, Benjasiri Park. Last March I paid 1750 Bht / night, GF, rooms so trendy & modern. Pictures uploaded.

I have been recently 30 days in Southeast Asia in different regions. Starting point was each time Bangkok, I had been there totally 4 times. I used different hotels and booked all over Agoda. Here my experiences:

Citrus Sukhumvit Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 22.

I have been there for 3 nights. It's nearby between the Skytrain stations Asok and Phrom Phong. Also Soi Cowboy is only a short walk away. I paid about 50 Euro for one night, a good breakfast and free Wifi included. The room I had was very modern furnished and big enough with fairly 30 square meter, just as the bathroom with separated shower and bath tub. The reception is in the 2nd floor, so when you come to the entrance at the street, nobody controls you, when you come with one girl or more. The swimming pool at the roof isn't especially big, but fair. You have a great overview from there. I can recommend this hotel without confinement.

Two tips: Nearby in Sukhumvit Soi 33 is a very good Italian restaurant, name Basilico. It's relative pricy. I ordered only pizza, they are first class and very big, you can hardly eat all. And when you walk from there, turn right into Sukhumvit road and go to direction Phrom Phong Skytrain station, you will see an Italian Gelateria. They have fantastic ice cream.

In conclusion: Citrus hotel was by far the best of all and I will stay there again, when I will come back to Bangkok.

Malcolm Fraser
08-16-11, 09:05
Up to a point. Given that more than half the rooms are 1 and 2 bedroom suites and even 3 bedroom houses I doubt we mongers are their target market. However, I have just spent 2 weeks there and brought back a different lady most nights. One night she asked for I'd. On all other nights no questions asked. I wouldn't say my guests were exactly welcome but they were certainly tolerated. I noticed a few other guest at breakfasts but not many. When I first stayed last year the hotel was deserted and they were happy to have any guests. Recently, I've noticed they have been offering special rates on Expedia and they have been very busy with family groups.

I have stayed at the Davis main wing 3 times in the past year. I like it because I can get a very quiet, large (approx 80square meter) one bedroom suite for 3, 400 baht including breakfast and internet. I also like the location because it is in a residential area at the end of Soi 24 well away from Sukhumvit. Access to / from the airport via Rama 4 is also good. Plenty of people will disagree about the locatinn because you need to walk or take a taxi to get most places. I like walking and need the exercise. Phrom Phong station is about 15 minutes, Washington Square also about 15 minutes; Soi 33 about 20 minutes; Soi cowboy about 30 minutes and Nana about 45 minutes.

Good points:

Price / Value.

Room.

Location (see above)

Good internet (except for skype which they may be throttling)

2 pools, one roof top in the sun, one ground floor garden setting in the shade.

Gym.

Starbucks in the Davis hotel corner wing.

Décor and facilities. Perhaps getting a little dated but someone spent bucket loads of money setting up this hotel, just checkout the amount of marble in the bathrooms.

Bad points.

Location (see above)

Family groups.

Breakfast is ordinary and offerings don't change.

Skype doesn't work reliably on their internet, though everything else seems fast.

No restaurants / bars in the immediate area and hotel is expensive with limited choices. It looks like they are about to open a new section between the Main Wing and the Corner Wing and it looks like it will offer some upmarket dining and drinking options.

Conclusion: for me the room makes it worthwhile but I can see why many mongers would choose other accommodation.

Luvpuss
08-16-11, 14:57
[QUOTE=Malcolm Fraser; 1187285]Davis Hotel.

Washington Square also about 15 minutes.

That hotel sounds decent. I am curious, is there anything left at Washington Square. I heard they closed it down.

Malcolm Fraser
08-17-11, 06:42
Will it's not closed down yet but is very run down. Hasn't really changed in the last 2-3 years. I go because I like to eat at Burbon Street.

PogoStick
08-17-11, 12:27

-DonI stayed there for a couple days on my last trip. I did not bring in a girl so I don't know for sure but it appears to be friendly.

They do have a very nice bar / lounge on the top floor so you could always say that is your destination. If you happen to get off the elevator at your floor, no one would know or care.

When I checked in after a very late flight, the bellman who showed me my room also asked if I wanted a girl. He said he could have one to me in 10 minutes. I was exhausted and only wanted to sleep, so I passed.

The hotel is fantastic. The buffet on the main floor is expensive, but worth it. I was on an executive floor so I got free breakfast in the exec lounge. Well worth the upgrade even if you have to pay for it. (I get automatic upgrades w / Hilton)

The area near the hotel does not have any apparent P4P action. But this is Bangkok so anything is possible.

Have fun!

Pogo

Syzygies
08-19-11, 18:45
Most hotels in Thailand have a 3 guest per room policy.

So no problem at all.

If you try to take 3 girls to your room you might be asked what you are up to, but 2 is fine.At Admiral President I took 3 girls and they didn't ask.

Sufficient towels and bed space was only problem.

Aries3288
08-19-11, 21:38
At Admiral President I took 3 girls and they didn't ask.

Sufficient towels and bed space was only problem.To solve the bed space problem when you bring back 3 girls, book S31 Hotel next time. The room has a 8 foot bed so there would be more then enough space for all the action. It is located on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 31 and I have stayed there before. They are definitely GF. You can check them out on the Agoda website.

Inblr01
08-23-11, 18:44
Hi. I have been suggested by frineds. For Novotal, siam square. For Cit center access, malls, sit seeing. Etc.

Want to check.

1) Is it GF hotel, any restrictions.

2) What is best pickup points walkable to hotel or atleast nearby.

This is first trip, so please advice.

Any other hotel in this or nearby area. I heard there is possibility of getting some free nights (1-2 days) on stay of 8-10 days. Are these kind of offers common at BKK and if yes, please siggest where to search / book. Any website.

Thanks for all support given here.

Duniawala
08-24-11, 15:54
Hi. I have been suggested by frineds. For Novotal, siam square. For Cit center access, malls, sit seeing. Etc.

Want to check.

1) Is it GF hotel, any restrictions.

2) What is best pickup points walkable to hotel or atleast nearby.

Any other hotel in this or nearby area. I heard there is possibility of getting some free nights (1-2 days) on stay of 8-10 days. Are these kind of offers common at BKK and if yes, please siggest where to search / book. Any website.

Thanks for all support given here.If this is your first trip, stay in the Sukhumvit area, Plenty of hotels and all price ranges. Look thru reports in this thread. Here you will find the SWs on the streets after dark. Heck, just go thru all reports. RTFF.

BionicMan
08-24-11, 16:00
Hi.

Thanks for all support given here.With no real eprsonal interest, as a newcomer, apart RTFF, I suggest you call ast Livingsotone, go on the Giotto forum and see the offer they still have for min of 4 o5 nights.

It is in Sukhumvit, Giotto will five you hints, lots of MP around, pick up bars and its own sport bar with a sufficient qmount of girls to help you with inhouse action and get through the ropes of the first visit to BKK.

But do go out too. Do not stick full time inhouse!

Enjoy BKK at its size

Syzygies
08-27-11, 07:05
To solve the bed space problem when you bring back 3 girls, book S31 Hotel next time. The room has a 8 foot bed so there would be more then enough space for all the action. It is located on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 31 and I have stayed there before. They are definitely GF. You can check them out on the Agoda website.A real King bed. Nice tip. Also had a huge one at Baiyoke Sky before, but there was not 100% girl friendly. Most Thai King beds are only really Queens by western standards.

Syzygies
08-28-11, 07:06
They try to give good service. Plusses are pretty receptionist at the desk and bathroom has separate shower. Minuses are hard bed, crowded bf room, room small, wardrobe very small. Overall Admiral Premier is simpler,
maybe half a star less, but still better choice. Bigger room including kitchette, better beds.

Ryo Saeba
08-31-11, 07:37
The Dynasty Grande is located in the Nana area between soi 4 and soi 6, about a 3 minute walk both from Nana Plaza and Nana BTS station, making it close to the action and transport and yet far enough to result very quiet.
There’s a 7-eleven in the next building and an ATM just outside the lobby.
They take and keep the girl’s ID card until she leaves.
http://www.dynastygrande.com/index.htm

Ryo

Rosco4444
09-04-11, 04:02
Hi All,

Anyone have any recent experience of Royal Asia Lodge, Soi 8 Suk? They have a WOTIF Deal at under 1000 Bht a night min 3 nght stay and wondering if it is reasonable standard.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

Rosco

Harry Dude
09-04-11, 20:00
I was shooting some pool and chatting with some nice girls in Soi7 a few days ago, and eventually one of the girls asked me: "Which hotel are you at. I hope not the Grand President?" Well, I wasn't. I was at the Landmark, and this met with her approval. I have learned that many girls appreciate a bit of luxury. Spending a little extra for a nicer hotel can actually be wise if you plan on having overnight guests.

Good report, but I think you mean the Grand President, which has 3 buildings. There is also a "President Palace" on soi 11, however.
You are right. I have been in Grand President Hotel.

In my report two days before I mentioned also the Italian Gelateria. At my description how to go I made a mistake. When you come from

Sukhumvit Soi 33, you have to turn left into Sukhumvit road. The Gelateria is diagonal opposite to Emporium.

JuiceSpike
09-04-11, 21:07
Does anyone know if the Grand President still girl friendly? Haven't been there for 3 years.

Juice

Luvpuss
09-04-11, 21:31
Does anyone know if the Grand President still girl friendly? Haven't been there for 3 years.

JuiceOver 1300 posts and you ask a stupid rookie question like that. Why don't you google "is GP girl friendly". About ten links confirm it is.

Also, why don't you email them to get the updated info.

What a waste.

JuiceSpike
09-05-11, 15:38
Thanks for your expert answer to my question. Hope you didn't waste too much time typing your answer.

I posted the question here to get an answer from a member who has first hand info on GP instead of google it. You obviously have not stayed at the GP recently.

Cheers,

Juices

Duniawala
09-05-11, 16:20
Thanks for your expert answer to my question. Hope you didn't waste too much time typing your answer.

I posted the question here to get an answer from a member who has first hand info on GP instead of google it. You obviously have not stayed at the GP recently.

Cheers,

JuicesIn that case dear Juices, you should have sent a PM to that poster. No need to waste real estate here on the forum. :)

Luvpuss
09-05-11, 18:03

Cheers,

JuicesSorry man. I am sure you have been a contributor.

But, asking if a hotel is GF, is a newbie question and a waste of space.

Hotels can change policies. The best best way to confirm GF is to email the hotel, and keep a copy for presentation at the front desk if there is an issue. If that doesn't work, call them, get the persons name and confirmation.

Just for info, all the President hotels are part of the Compass Hospitality group. They are all GF.

Syzygies
09-05-11, 23:43
Over 1300 posts and you ask a stupid rookie question like that. Why don't you google "is GP girl friendly". About ten links confirm it is.

Also, why don't you email them to get the updated info.

What a waste.Why waste your time. A simple "yes" would do. Rookies do exist and are joining the forum every week.

Syzygies
09-05-11, 23:47
Is located in the Nana area between soi 4 and soi 6, about a 3 minute walk both from Nana Plaza and Nana BTS station, making it close to the action and transport and yet far enough to result very quiet.

There's a 7-eleven in the next building and an ATM just outside the lobby.

They take and keep the girl's I'd card until she leaves.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/index.htm

RyoYou forgot the splendid large bathrooms with seperate shower and good swimming pool. Internet free I think?

Luvpuss
09-06-11, 00:03
Why waste your time. A simple "yes" would do. Rookies do exist and are joining the forum every week.That is the point. He is not a rookie.

I am actually trying to give him the best advice for his question.
You can tell the dude today "yes" that it is GF, and they may change their policy tomorrow. It happened to me once at a Phuket hotel. I thought that every experienced monger would know this. Guess I am wrong.

Giotto
09-06-11, 18:46

Cheers,

JuicesJuiceSpike,

Welcome back to the forum. Where the hell have you been?

GP is still GF.

Giotto

PS: Don't forget to come over here for a beer, once you are back in Bangkok!

JuiceSpike
09-06-11, 22:00
I have been very busy for the past two years. I decided to take a break or I will go crazy.

Looking forward to going back. Be there at the end of September.

Hope all is well with you. I will definitely will stop by to visit.

BTW, some people here are a bit uptight.... looks like nothing has changed :)

Juice

Uzinuzin
09-07-11, 21:05
I was shooting some pool and chatting with some nice girls in Soi7 a few days ago, and eventually one of the girls asked me: "Which hotel are you at. I hope not the Grand President?" Well, I wasn't. I was at the Landmark, and this met with her approval. I have learned that many girls appreciate a bit of luxury. Spending a little extra for a nicer hotel can actually be wise if you plan on having overnight guests.This could also have another adverse effect, on the price they quote you. I know as part of their sizing up their prey, P4P girls always ask about punter's hotel first, it quickly shows his paying power. Maybe that's why she was happy !

The Pro
09-08-11, 06:37
Ramada Encore is nice, location is ok, not too far down Sukuhumvit Soi 10, so you are in the middle of Nana and Cowboy.

On Wotif. Com its below 2000 baht as well, newly opened hotel.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W113294

Girl friendly and free wifi.

Also.

Dream Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 15 (opposite Soi 10) is on offer with free breakfast for 2, free wifi and around 2000 baht a night under the "Wot Hotel" promotion.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Not many tourists about so all hotels are struggling for business so you can get some really good bargains right in the centre of Sukhumvit, no need to stay far away from the action to get a good deal.

Aries3288
09-08-11, 10:36
Ramada Encore is nice, location is ok, not too far down Sukuhumvit Soi 10, so you are in the middle of Nana and Cowboy.

On Wotif. Com its below 2000 baht as well, newly opened hotel.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W113294

Girl friendly and free wifi.

Also.

Dream Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 15 (opposite Soi 10) is on offer with free breakfast for 2, free wifi and around 2000 baht a night under the "Wot Hotel" promotion.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Not many tourists about so all hotels are struggling for business so you can get some really good bargains right in the centre of Sukhumvit, no need to stay far away from the action to get a good deal.I am now staying at the Ramada Encore and is only 2 minutes walk to the main Sukhumvit Road and about equal distance to Nana and Soi Cowboy. No need to use Wotif tp get a good deal. I was in Bangkok on my way to Rayong and walk in there to ask about the rate. The front desk offered my THB 1700 for the Chill room and THB 2070 for the Hip room which is 30 SQM and is a corner unit. This rate is similar to what you can get on their website but after some negotiation, she threw in a THB 300 breakfast free. I immediately cancelled my booking for this same hotel on the Agoda site which charged me about THB 2700 for the same room.

Hotel is only about 3 months old and still in the soft opening stage. If you do not need a huge room, this hotel is definitely worth it and I like the trendy design.

Lover Boy #2
09-09-11, 03:16
This could also have another adverse effect, on the price they quote you. I know as part of their sizing up their prey, P4P girls always ask about punter's hotel first, it quickly shows his paying power. Maybe that's why she was happy !Agree. I tell them I am staying here;

http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/caveat.php

I actually did stay here for one night. The worst shit house in Thailand. There is a long story on this family, but it is not for here.

P.S. I felt more comfortable in a tg room in Issan than here. The place is a disaster, don't stay here.

Wasabijoe
09-15-11, 17:18
I'll be heading into BKK at the end of the month, and am wondering about where to stay. After reading a few posts here, I've been having a long look at the Citrus 22 on Soi. 22, and it seems like quite a good place. Rates from their website start at 1500 baht, give or take, with a few perks thrown in. I also mailed them to ask about "entertaining guests" in my room, and was told it's not a problem. Wondering a few things though:

1. Getting to the reservation page and the fine print, they charge a 10% "service charge" and 7% tax on top of the room rate. Tax is probably inarguable, but is the service charge standard?

2. Would I be better or worse off by just showing up, as opposed to booking in advance? It is low season I believe, not many guests, but.

3. Any thoughts on Citrus? Had a load of good reviews on Trip Adviser. Or any other recommendations? (I have been RTFF'ing, don't worry.)

The other few times I've been to Bangkok I've just had the taxi driver drop me in Sukhumvit and walked door-to-door, and invariably ended up staying in a smelly dump. Trying to be a bit better prepared this time. And along those lines, which is a better place for quality / quantity of beer bars, Patpong, Nana or Cowboy? As with hotels, I'm trying to do a bit more research, but most websites appear fairly unbiased and mentions the positives of all three. I like the Go-Go's, but can't spend the coin, so I'm asking.

Thank you!

Joe

BionicMan
09-15-11, 22:56
I'll be heading into BKK at the end of the month,

1. Getting to the reservation page and the fine print, they charge a 10% "service charge" and 7% tax on top of the room rate. Tax is probably inarguable, but is the service charge standard?

Thank you! JoeIt is quite normal in all asian hotels they qyote price ++ wher one + goes for the service and the other for the tax.

I do not think that you can skip the "service" charge as most likely it is part of the salary scheme of the employees.

They might drop the standard rate, offer you an extra free night every 4-5 you take, but service charge (on each and everything, mind you) and tax are unavoidable.

And along those lines, which is a better place for quality / quantity of beer bars, Patpong, Nana or Cowboy? As with hotels, I'm trying to do a bit more research, but most websites appear fairly unbiased and mentions the positives of all three. I like the Go-Go's, but can't spend the coin, so I'm asking.Thank you! JoeNana and Cowboy are pretty much close (ie 10 minutes walk rfom each other). This will give you the opportunty to go from one to the other.

They are both well stuffed with bars. Patpong, not a yard, is more on its own.

Wasabijoe
09-16-11, 17:36
This will give you the opportunty to go from one to the other.

They are both well stuffed with bars. Patpong, not a yard, is more on its own.TY Bionic, you're right, I will try a sampler plate. Only have 3 days though, so must economize, but BKK is too vast for such a short trip.

LoveShibuyaGirls
09-18-11, 02:29
Does anybody know if the Bangkok Courtyard is girl friendly?

LoveShibuyaGirls
09-18-11, 02:31
Do "Girl Friendly" hotels make the girls leave their I'd cards at the front desk?

It seems to me that even if a hotel will let you take a girl up to your room, it must be awkward and embarassing to stand in line at the front desk waiting for the girl to hand over her I'd card.

Run Mann
09-18-11, 03:12
Do "Girl Friendly" hotels make the girls leave their I'd cards at the front desk?

It seems to me that even if a hotel will let you take a girl up to your room, it must be awkward and embarassing to stand in line at the front desk waiting for the girl to hand over her I'd card.Awkward and embarrassing maybe for you but not for the girl as she has likely done it many times before, but this move by the hotel is for your protection.

Fon Tok
09-18-11, 04:49
Do "Girl Friendly" hotels make the girls leave their I'd cards at the front desk? It seems to me that even if a hotel will let you take a girl up to your room, it must be awkward and embarassing to stand in line at the front desk waiting for the girl to hand over her I'd card.I've never seen a "pro" bat an eyelash at this. They usually have the card out before they are asked.

It can a little awkward when the lady is a "good girl" friend, or a long time "bar fine," who thinks that she is your "girlfriend." A pro "on holiday" may not be so understanding with the clerk.

Go figure? ;)

ps: photo is from the Page 10 Hotel, Pattaya

Naughty
09-18-11, 05:43
Nana and Cowboy are pretty much close (ie 10 minutes walk rfom each other)Unless you walk VERY fast, its actually a tad farther than that with all the sidewalk vendors, touts, freelancers of all sexual orientations, etc. Running interference. Maybe half an hour or so.

It is an entertaining walk, though.