PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Consizitai
03-10-12, 16:05
Dear all, can you suggest some nice short-time hotels where you can stay with your girlfriend. Yes, the real girlfriend, not any bar girl.

I have read and found quite a few short-time hotels, but it seems that the assumption is you only need a cheap place for a bar girl.

What if you need a better hotel which charges you by the hour?

Thank you.

Syzygies
03-11-12, 06:07
Dear all, can you suggest some nice short-time hotels where you can stay with your girlfriend. Yes, the real girlfriend, not any bar girl.

I have read and found quite a few short-time hotels, but it seems that the assumption is you only need a cheap place for a bar girl.

What if you need a better hotel which charges you by the hour?

Thank you.P. B. Hotel (Playboy) off Sukhumvit Soi 3 has a short time section."The Strand" south end of Pat Pong.

We don't know what district you look in. Thailand has hundreds of ST hotels. Some are not good, e. G. Room smells bad.

Any place you have noticed that has curtains outside to hide the cars parked there.

Consizitai
03-11-12, 15:06
Thank you, Syzygies. I live near the Chidlom area, so any good hotel between Nana and Siam would be convenient.

Any more suggestion is welcome.

Syzygies
03-12-12, 14:34
Thank you, Syzygies. I live near the Chidlom area, so any good hotel between Nana and Siam would be convenient.

Any more suggestion is welcome.The biggest prolem is that I already mentioned the better ones that I have actually been inside. I couldn't recommend many others because I haven't tried them, as usually not looking for one. Some can't be recommended because they were poor standard.

Nandu
03-16-12, 11:12
Is there any hotel in Sukumvit area which has a 24 hours stay option, just like 13 coin hotels / airport hotels?

Is Miami hotel GF?

BionicMan
03-16-12, 15:00
Is there any hotel in Sukumvit area which has a 24 hours stay option, just like 13 coin hotels / airport hotels?

Is Miami hotel GF?If you pay early check-in and / or late check-out you can stay whatever time you want.

Livingstone in Soi 33 certainly has this option: early check in as early as 7am and late check out at 8pm

Syzygies
03-16-12, 19:08

Is Miami hotel GF?Miami is a shithole. It was even shitty 20 years ago. How could I have said that nicely? Its very run down and ancient. I wouldn't stay there. Even if its cheap, there must be better value options.

Nandu
03-17-12, 10:59
If you pay early check-in and / or late check-out you can stay whatever time you want.

Livingstone in Soi 33 certainly has this option: early check in as early as 7am and late check out at 8pmThank you. I am coming at 5AM and checking out at 11pm! On 22nd June! May be the 13 coins is the only hotel which claims to have same rules like airport hotels.

Thanks onace again

Rosco4444
03-17-12, 15:02
I have booked the S Sukhumvit Suites in Suk Road near Soi 23 for a visit next week. The forum doesn't give it many mentions, anyone stayed there in recent times? Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

Rosco

BionicMan
03-17-12, 15:42
Thank you. I am coming at 5AM and checking out at 11pm! On 22nd June! May be the 13 coins is the only hotel which claims to have same rules like airport hotels.

Thanks onace againLast week I landed at 5. 30am and had a flight at midnight, so I checked out at 8. 30. I just paid 1 day or night, ie full rate, equal to two half days

Mr Thou
03-18-12, 23:57
Hi fellas.

Been lurking this forum for a while in planning for a trip either in July or August: which is better, or are they pretty much the same climate-wise?

Also seeking some reliable recs for a hotel. Somewhere clean and comfy which will allow girls.

Cheers,

Mike

Wolvenvacht
03-19-12, 07:55
Hi fellas.

Been lurking this forum for a while in planning for a trip either in July or August: which is better, or are they pretty much the same climate-wise?

Also seeking some reliable recs for a hotel. Somewhere clean and comfy which will allow girls.

Cheers,

MikeHttp://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/bangkok-girl-friendly-hotels/

Is a nice list of girl friendly hotels.

AussieDoug
03-19-12, 12:22
Miami is a shithole. It was even shitty 20 years ago. How could I have said that nicely? Its very run down and ancient. I wouldn't stay there. Even if its cheap, there must be better value options.Miami is also the preferred stand around area for the Nigerian scammers. And it is a shit house, what is your budget?

Nandu
03-20-12, 13:04
Miami is also the preferred stand around area for the Nigerian scammers. And it is a shit house, what is your budget?800-1000 baht if it is 12 noon checkout 24 hour checkout 1500 baht

Phoenix949
03-20-12, 19:31
Any reports on Landmark? Is it GF, Does they charge the overnight stay for the guest?

Syzygies
03-21-12, 12:22
Any reports on Landmark? Is it GF, Does they charge the overnight stay for the guest?Try "Search Thread" to right above thread if you are signed in, for "Landmark". People have answered this before.

Rosco4444
03-21-12, 13:55
Type "Landmark Hotel girl friendly" and you have your answer in about 27 listings. Enjoy your stay!

Cheers.

Rosco.

Any reports on Landmark? Is it GF, Does they charge the overnight stay for the guest?

Duniawala
03-21-12, 15:56
800-1000 baht if it is 12 noon checkout 24 hour checkout 1500 bahtYou can get a 1200 B room at Ruamchitt Plaza maybe a little less if you negotiate. Pretty decent budget hotel.

Western787
03-22-12, 13:07
I have tried most of the middle class hotels along sukhumvit, and I don't understand why you fellow mongers don't try out the new hotels from the Dynasty group.

I have stayed one time at the Dynasty inn Grande, and now I booked for April at the Dawin.

Both hotels are located in a quiet side soi from soi 4, and are just a 5 minute walk from Nana plaza.

The Dynasty inn grande and the Dawin costs about 2000 +- and are just a great value for money.

Big, lovely decorated, brand new rooms, swimmingpool, In room safe, big bathrooms, free wifi, and of course very GF.

Try them. You will be surprised. I will never stay another place when I am in BKK.

Ken.I saw this highly favorable review on Darwin recently, but it added this: "the location is good during the daytime but marginal at night as it sits on the edge of a go-go bar area that is packed with hustlers and prostitutes." LOL, shocking such things are going on in Bangkok, especially if one thought Nana had something to do with somebody's grandmother.

Luvpuss
03-23-12, 13:09
I saw this highly favorable review on Darwin recently, but it added this: "the location is good during the daytime but marginal at night as it sits on the edge of a go-go bar area that is packed with hustlers and prostitutes." LOL, shocking such things are going on in Bangkok, especially if one thought Nana had something to do with somebody's grandmother.That must be wrong because Darwin wrote on the Theory of Evolution.

Etaoin2003
03-24-12, 15:38
On my next trip I will be required to stay at a non-GF hotel and will not have much free time, but I might be able to duck out for an afternoon or so. Are there any short-time hotel options near the Soi 7 Biergarten? What are they like? How much should I expect to pay?

Fon Tok
03-24-12, 15:51
On my next trip I will be required to stay at a non-GF hotel and will not have much free time, but I might be able to duck out for an afternoon or so. Are there any short-time hotel options near the Soi 7 Biergarten? What are they like? How much should I expect to pay?The PB "Playboy" Hotel is not too far.

The BG ladies all know where to go. I was in there twice last week. Not a bad selection at about 7 - 8 pm.

http://www.bkkpages.com/hotels/under-20/pb-hotel

http://www.cityphotoguide.com/node/879

Gorgon
03-28-12, 09:23
Can't really recomend city lodge unless you just have to live close to the action at any cost.

The AC has two settings, airplane and rocket launch, when you choose betwen the settings the controller makes entertaining sparks. As soon as first light starts they also begin drilling in concrete and hammer away like mad men in the building so sleeping is a rage filled affair.

Feels like I paid money to stay way to long in a short time hotel. I wouln't be surprised if it is indeed so.

Luvpuss
03-29-12, 03:00
On my next trip I will be required to stay at a non-GF hotel and will not have much free time, but I might be able to duck out for an afternoon or so. Are there any short-time hotel options near the Soi 7 Biergarten? What are they like? How much should I expect to pay?Yes! Just ask the girls. There are several and they all know where they are. Usually 300 B and they give you a towel and condom.

Syzygies
03-29-12, 06:51
Can't really recomend city lodge unless you just have to live close to the action at any cost.

Feels like I paid money to stay way to long in a short time hotel. I wouln't be surprised if it is indeed so."at any cost"? There are plenty of places close to the action, but City Lodge is undoubtedly one of the cheapest, along with Darjelling. City Lodge is a reasonable choice for those on a tight budget I think, according to my pal, although their internet was reported to be iffy. I think Silq in Soi 19 is quite good but certainly dearer than City Lodge.

Martinjreeves
03-29-12, 08:45
I've searched the forum but can't find out if the Rennaisance is girl friendly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

EB.

Joe Looking
04-06-12, 03:08
I'm going to be in Bangkok on the 9th for a few days at the most and am looking for a decent place on a tight budget. Since it will not be for that long, I can swing paying a little extra if there is nothing in the range I'm looking for. I've checked through the forums as well as the listing of girl friendly hotels that was linked to but have drawn a bit of a blank.

My only real requirement, aside from it not being a shithole, is decent WIFI (I'll have less than a week to fill out my income taxes but hope to bang it out in a day).

Even though it is well out of the range I posted, I am thinking about staying at Majestic because of positive comments.

Syzygies
04-06-12, 14:41
I'm going to be in Bangkok on the 9th for a few days at the most and am looking for a decent place on a tight budget. Since it will not be for that long, I can swing paying a little extra if there is nothing in the range I'm looking for. I've checked through the forums as well as the listing of girl friendly hotels that was linked to but have drawn a bit of a blank.

My only real requirement, aside from it not being a shithole, is decent WIFI (I'll have less than a week to fill out my income taxes but hope to bang it out in a day).

Even though it is well out of the range I posted, I am thinking about staying at Majestic because of positive comments.Unico Wotif Hot Deal 850.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W48693&page=1&adults=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1&startDay=2012-04-06

At that price, I thought shit-hole might be one of your requirements, as some shit-holes cost more than that :D

I haven't actually stayed at this Unico, but other Unicos are usually O.K.

Nick Depalma
04-24-12, 06:27
Brothers,

Heading to BKK, party of 4; is there any hotel similar to the penthouse in Pattaya:

http://www.penthousehotel.com/photos_pictures_images_videos-babylon_spa_party_triplex_suite_room_accommodation-penthouse_pattaya_beach_party_hotel_three_couples_swingers_best_kept_secrets_walking_street_soi_pattayafunland_girls_bachelors_parties.html

The idea is that we could have 4 separate rooms, interconnected, and a common area to eat, drink, and party with the girls being brought in. At the end of the night, we could descend to each of our rooms for happy endings.

I don't mind paying a little more; just wondering if such a hotel existed?

Good luck!

Nick Depalma
04-24-12, 07:21
Looking for an upscale 4 bedroom hotel suite in BKK for a May visit. Might anyone have any suggestions?

NicFrenchy
04-25-12, 01:55
Looking for an upscale 4 bedroom hotel suite in BKK for a May visit. Might anyone have any suggestions?I think LA BELLE (Soapy Massage) Has a suite like that with 4 bedrooms and a huge Jacuzzi in the Living Room. Not sure you can stay Overnight though

Chill Out
04-25-12, 07:51
I've searched the forum but can't find out if the Rennaisance is girl friendly?Try spelling it right. One N only. Two S.

But the answer is yes, it is girl-friendly. And a great hotel.

Heading to BKK, party of 4; is there any hotel similar to the penthouse in PattayaThe Penthouse is upscale?

BionicMan
04-25-12, 12:58
Brothers,

Heading to BKK, party of 4; is there any hotel similar to the penthouse in Pattaya:

http://www.penthousehotel.com/photos_pictures_images_videos-babylon_spa_party_triplex_suite_room_accommodation-penthouse_pattaya_beach_party_hotel_three_couples_swingers_best_kept_secrets_walking_street_soi_pattayafunland_girls_bachelors_parties.html

The idea is that we could have 4 separate rooms, interconnected, and a common area to eat, drink, and party with the girls being brought in. At the end of the night, we could descend to each of our rooms for happy endings.

I don't mind paying a little more; just wondering if such a hotel existed?

Good luck!That's pretty much difficult also just looking for an apartment with 4 bedrooms. Maybe a presidential suite or royal suite (for real chief of state) in a top hotel.

Dash Riprock
04-25-12, 14:02
Try the Center Point group of serviced apartments. Have had 3 bedroom suites in the past at various locations, didn't inquire if they had larger or not.

Sarangdharp
04-25-12, 15:02
Dear Bros,

I would be in BKK for one night in the 3rd week of May. Can someone suggest a GF hotel near the airport area where the girls are also around.

Bugzy 69
04-25-12, 15:09
Maxim-inn on Suk7/1 will perfectly suits you!

Even though it is well out of the range I posted, I am thinking about staying at Majestic because of positive comments.

Horny Landoora
04-25-12, 16:40
Dear Bros,

I would be in BKK for one night in the 3rd week of May. Can someone suggest a GF hotel near the airport area where the girls are also around.I doubt you would find any girls around the airport area which is out of the city. Your best bet is to stay in Sukhumvit and there are loads of options which you can explore on the forum. Sine you have a full night you can make good use of it by staying in the area and having multiple options.

Nick Depalma
04-26-12, 06:39
That's pretty much difficult also just looking for an apartment with 4 bedrooms. Maybe a presidential suite or royal suite (for real chief of state) in a top hotel.I was quoted 1 Week stay =5, 900Baht / Night at the Thomson Residence for 4 bedroom:

Each unit consists of:

-1 living room. 1 dining room. 1 full size kitchen. 1 master bedroom. 1.

Double bedroom. 2 twin bedroom. 4 bathrooms.

-Wireless broadband internet access, in-room safe, satellite TV, full size.

Kitchen facilities, washing / dryer machine and DVD / Hi-Fi player.

-Dimensions of 220 sqm / 2368 sqft.

I'm not sure if the location is desirable (safety, close to action, convenience) :

Thomson Residence & Hotel.

42 Bangna-Trad Soi 4,

Bangna-Trad Road, Bangna,

Bangkok. 10260 Thailand.

This is probably classified as a serviced apartment, not a hotel. Is there any difference between the two in terms of overall experience? Girl-friendly?

Muchos appreciated, brothers.

Crazy4Thai
04-26-12, 14:59
snip.

This is probably classified as a serviced apartment, not a hotel. Is there any difference between the two in terms of overall experience? Girl-friendly?

Muchos appreciated, brothers.I've stayed in served apartments and they functioned like a hotel.

Here's what I would do;

Tell them what you plan and see what they say. Consider what it will be like for the guys who get the rooms with a twin bed. Verify that the location is good for you. Someone else can probably tell you more specifically but I think Bangna is pretty far south of the action. I've used the skytrain to get close and still did a 15 minute taxi ride after that. It might not work well for shuttling girls to the big event.

But maybe other serviced apartments closer in to Sukhumvit will have a similar setup.

Let us know.

C4T

Will Smith69
04-26-12, 20:39
Hello,

I have searched for informations about the S31 hotel.

I could not finde anything.

I normally atay at the Hansar Hotel but I am interestet to see other places so I found.

The S31.

Is there any information form you on GF etc.

Thanks frank

NicFrenchy
04-27-12, 17:00
Hello,

I normally atay at the Hansar Hotel but I am interestet to see other places so I found.

The S31.

Thanks frankHuh? You go from the Hansar to S31? Dude, save yourself the Hassle, S31 ain't that great. Stick to the Hansar. If you want to be in the soi 31 Area, I would book a Unique place called the Eugenia. Or completely opposite side of Sukh is the MA DU ZI, funky place a worth a look

Harry Dude
04-27-12, 20:46
I doubt you would find any girls around the airport area which is out of the city. Your best bet is to stay in Sukhumvit and there are loads of options which you can explore on the forum. Sine you have a full night you can make good use of it by staying in the area and having multiple options.Totally agree. In terms of time spent getting to the hotel, there really isn't that much of a difference between the airport area (except for Novotel) and Sukhumvit. You can get to Sukhumvit in 30 minutes from the airport, whereas getting to hotels near the airport is still 10 minutes or so. I would highly recommend spending the extra 20 minutes or so for a guaranteed good time.

Aries3288
04-28-12, 02:30
Hello,

The S31.

Thanks frankS31 is definitely GF and I have stayed there a couple of times. They have a huge bed that is about 9 meters in width which is great if you intend to bring 2-3 girls for a good time. I do think that it is definiteky worth checking it out.

Manfield04
04-28-12, 05:51
A bed that is 9 metres wide is really huge. What is the size of the room then?

S31 is definitely GF and I have stayed there a couple of times. They have a huge bed that is about 9 meters in width which is great if you intend to bring 2-3 girls for a good time.

Zauberfee
04-28-12, 20:30
A bed that is 9 metres wide is really huge.But it's just 9 feet. But still huge

NicFrenchy
04-29-12, 08:02
They have a huge bed that is about 9 meters in width which is great if you intend to bring 2-3 girls for a good time.This I cannot believe. 9 metres? Impossible. No way in hell any Hotel would have that.

David 2
04-29-12, 17:13
This I cannot believe. 9 metres? Impossible. No way in hell any Hotel would have that.Right you are! Their website shows that each room actually has an 8 foot wide bed. Some guys just LOVE to exaggerate their size.

Nick Depalma
05-01-12, 02:56
I've stayed in served apartments and they functioned like a hotel.

Here's what I would do;

Tell them what you plan and see what they say. Consider what it will be like for the guys who get the rooms with a twin bed. Verify that the location is good for you. Someone else can probably tell you more specifically but I think Bangna is pretty far south of the action. I've used the skytrain to get close and still did a 15 minute taxi ride after that. It might not work well for shuttling girls to the big event.

But maybe other serviced apartments closer in to Sukhumvit will have a similar setup.

Let us know.

C4TIs Centre Point a better option?

Will Smith69
05-01-12, 06:35
Huh? You go from the Hansar to S31? Dude, save yourself the Hassle, S31 ain't that great. Stick to the Hansar. If you want to be in the soi 31 Area, I would book a Unique place called the Eugenia. Or completely opposite side of Sukh is the MA DU ZI, funky place a worth a lookHello NicFrenchy,

Thanks for the info. I have seen the Eugenia, but I am not shure if this is GF. It looks grate but maybe it is to small to have privacy. Do you have an info on this?

Frank

Syzygies
05-01-12, 15:17
Baiyoke Sky has very wide beds, true "king size", or maybe wider than official "king sizes" (which vary by country), big enough for 3 persons easily, but I am not sure they would allow a guy to have two or more girls there so would somewhat go to waste. I would be quite keen to stay at a good monger friendly Hotel with really wide beds on occasions. Even 8 foot qualifies as really wide as its approx 243 cm ;) May give S31 a try. Its handy location for taking multiple girls from nearby MPs or Cowboy.
The length of beds is also important. I have stayed in places in some countries where had to lie diagonally due to bed being just too short for comfort and I am only 184.

NicFrenchy
05-02-12, 02:57
Ok, so a friend of mine asked me if I knew of some hotels that would accept him Staying there for 5 or 6 hours or Overnight without being too "Demanding" in terms of I'd. (No passport, no Credit card.)

I know of Hotel999 in Ekkamai but it's a dump. This guy is looking for a hotel in the 1500 2000 Range.

I think this would be Very interesting to compile a list of "Discreet Hotels" and some Forum members can also benefit?

Nick Depalma
05-02-12, 03:46
Group of 4 mongers.

On the verge of booking 3 nights at Omni Towers (around NEP) and 1 night at Grand Millenium (around Comboy).

Not many bad reviews for Omni (4 stars). Figured we could save some and splurge a little for a night.

Or should we stick with all 4 nights at one place since we're already in the heart of the action?

BionicMan
05-02-12, 07:10
Ok, so a friend of mine asked me if I knew of some hotels that would accept him Staying there for 5 or 6 hours or Overnight without being too "Demanding" in terms of I'd. (No passport, no Credit card.) I know of Hotel999 in Ekkamai but it's a dump. This guy is looking for a hotel in the 1500 2000 Range.I think this would be Very interesting to compile a list of "Discreet Hotels" and some Forum members can also benefit?The need of a credit card can be overcome by paying cash at check in, even if some hotels prefer to have an inprint of the card for the so called incidentals.

Often it is a rael inprint, and then the slip can be scrapped at check out by paying the possible extras in cash.

If it is processed electronically it is for authorization and if no extra are spent, there will be no trace in the card statement of account. The relevant money is just "blocked" for one week or 10 days.

I am not sure one can escape the I'd demand from hotel reception at check in.

Unless your friend is a"wanted criminal" [. ] he should not fear anything as the passport photocopy stays in the hotel files: they are not going to call home and ask his wife why she didn't join him in BKK.

Maybe a ST hotel might close the eyes for I'd's. But it is still a ST hotel.

Decent hotels might clsoe 3 eyes if you bring 3 girls in, but will not abide on the I'd, I am afraid.

NicFrenchy
05-02-12, 07:16
Unless your friend is a"wanted criminal" [. ] he should not fear anything as the passport photocopy stays in the hotel files: they are not going to call home and ask his wife why she didn't join him in BKK.Hahahahaha I almost cried laughing at this.

Actually my friend was just asking but I thought it would be good to post here, I am sure some members would benefit from the info

NicFrenchy
05-02-12, 07:17
I know of Hotel999 in Ekkamai but it's a dump.This is the place. They rent rooms at like 300 thb for a couple hours. .

Tong Kao Hotel 999. BTS Ekamai.

70/1 Soi 63, Sukhumvit Road, Watthana, Bangkok. 10110.

Tel:023 911 783

Chill Out
05-02-12, 07:46
What is your friend worried about?

I think the best chance to do this is to go to one of those small hotels, less than 20 rooms, family operated, where the decision-maker is right there at the reception (the mother or father). Give a generous tip and hint that this will not only happen once and more tips are to come.

BionicMan
05-02-12, 15:10
Hahahahaha I almost cried laughing at this. Actually my friend was just asking but I thought it would be good to post here, I am sure some members would benefit from the infoWe need ot keep a degree of fun in here.

The question itself was not a silly one as I can imagine lots of people are in a similar situation, so worth debating the topic.

But still I do not understand why he doesn't want the passport to be registered at the hotel (that is pretty safe from a "family point of view") when his passport will anyhow bear the Thailand ENTRY stamp (and for a man in disguise, this is much more dangerous, family-wise)

He has his own reasons and I am not here to dispute them, just assuming it is a family reason, then he should relax and enjoy those ST hours wherever he lays his bones and with whoever he lasy them alongside! .

As seen the credit card issue can be easily overcome.

I even given my company credit card as a guarantee a few times, and they just use it for authorization purposes only, not for billing. Final bill was then paid in cash and the guarantee canceled, no official records back home. Even with my personal one, same story.

Crocodilexp
05-02-12, 18:51
ok, so a friend of mine asked me if i knew of some hotels that would accept him staying there for 5 or 6 hours or overnight without being too "demanding" in terms of i'd. (no passport, no credit card.)

thai law requires hotels to report foreign guest details, so you won't have much luck with reputable hotels.

short time hotels (the ones with curtains) are an obvious and straightforward option. there are countless numbers of them in most neighborhoods of bkk. too many to list, i count 4 on my soi alone. usually cost 150-300 baht for 1-2h and 400-800 overnight. a friend stayed in one for 4 days or so, it can be done, but they are generally seedy and not particularly safe. there are some odd/special ones, like the huge peep inn near rachada. picking a specific room may help (they might have a few better ones with newer aircon units).

another option is using a regular mid-range hotel, and providing a dodgy low-quality 5th generation copy of any passport (google for one!) with your picture pasted in. the usual "my passport is at the chinese embassy, but i have a copy" story (if they bother asking). works easily in pattaya, as long as you're staying for a day or three, and i doubt it would be a problem in bangkok either (but not with big chains or for longer stays).

The Hooligan
05-04-12, 03:38
For those looking to avoid the walk of shame at your hotel, the Four Points on Sukhumvit Soi 15 has a back door that lets you in and out on Soi 17, about 100 meters from the Westin. All you need is your room's key card to get through the electronic gate and you're in. Did this with a DIA freebie at 9pm and had no trouble bypassing the front door security guard and the front desk.

Run Mann
05-04-12, 11:14
For those looking to avoid the walk of shame at your hotel, the Four Points on Sukhumvit Soi 15 has a back door that lets you in and out on Soi 17, about 100 meters from the Westin. All you need is your room's key card to get through the electronic gate and you're in. Did this with a DIA freebie at 9pm and had no trouble bypassing the front door security guard and the front desk.A freebie and in this case not a pro, so why be shameful? You should be proud and happy.

Pier20
05-13-12, 07:29
Hi all, here are some info on Dream Bangkok hotel in Suk Soi15.

1- don't take a single room (lowest price) unless you really plan to be alone during your stay, the bed is really too small (1. 3m width). The room layout is also a bit strange and not convenient.

2- dream is divided in 2 buildings:

Dream1 is the main building with breakfast restaurant. A good point if you are with a colleague / friend and you don't want them to see you in company, ask for a room on the spa floor (2nd if I remember). The girl can go up to your room without you going out as the elevator doesn't need card access for this floor.

Dream2 is perfect if you like to go to the pool (in dream2 building) , or if you are afraid of the "walk of shame" when you come back with a girl. The lobby is very quiet and most of time empty with only a small desk

Good: environment is nice, clean and modern, good service from the friendly staff, very good breakfast, free Wifi. If you have an early plane to catch, your girl can stay asleep in the room even after you check out, just notify the front desk about it.

Bad: a 5 to 10min walk to Sukhumvit in a narrow street before you can get to any action.

This time, plan to try S15 in the same Soi, but on the side of Suk. Will report later.

GoodEnough
05-13-12, 12:15
Just had another excellent few nights at Livingstone's Lodge, where Mr. And Mrs. Giotto have continued to uphold their high standards of charm, friendliness and warmth. I'll get back there in a couple of days and will look forward to the hospitality offered by this unique hotel in the heart of the city. No, I don't own stock in the place. I just appreciate it.

GE

IslandMan27
05-16-12, 06:21
Update on Admiral Premiere.

Stayed there a couple of nights recently. Good hotel, enjoyed the rooms, convenient to Soi Cowboy as well as Terminal 21 mall. Only warning to future travelers who choose Admiral, there is construction continuing right next door. The foundation to the building looks complete and they are constructing the support pylons, so this could mean many more months of construction noise. And it starts sometime around 7 am. Couldn't clearly remember, was a bit drunk. However, I couldn't go back to sleep without ear plugs because one can hear the construction work. The noise is noticable. May not be such a nice racket to wake up to as well if one intends on having a guest stay over. That's my first update.

Secondly, ISG is still blocked. This has already been mentioned. Thought I would mention it again in an update. ISG has good bits of intel which may prove useful to those that may be in Bangkok at the time. Always a good resource.

Prices are still pretty good, $61 USD per night when I booked this May. That price is before taxes and hotel fees and the like.

Bugzy 69
05-17-12, 06:11
Hi guys,

Anyone stayed at Privacy suites before? Located on Suk20, quoted me a 1800thb for a deluxe + bfast.

Cheers

Syzygies
05-18-12, 04:29
I think this would be Very interesting to compile a list of "Discreet Hotels" and some Forum members can also benefit?The term is "Short Time Hotels".

GoodEnough
05-18-12, 07:15
"Secondly, ISG is still blocked. This has already been mentioned. Thought I would mention it again in an update. ISG has good bits of intel which may prove useful to those that may be in Bangkok at the time. Always a good resource."

I'm writing this from my very comfortable room at Livingstone's so it's obviously not blocked on Soi 33.

GE

Wolvenvacht
05-18-12, 07:26
Ok, so a friend of mine asked me if I knew of some hotels that would accept him Staying there for 5 or 6 hours or Overnight without being too "Demanding" in terms of I'd. (No passport, no Credit card.)Your friend reads too many spy novels. What's wrong with showing your passport (as required by law)? Most smaller hotels even demand cash payment up front for a short stay, so credit card is not an issue.

If really necessary, I am sure he can find "nice" ID at Khao San road with some "Photoshop" artist.

Chill Out
05-18-12, 07:47
I'm writing this from my very comfortable room at Livingstone's so it's obviously not blocked on Soi 33.He is talking about Admiral Premier, which is not Livingstone's, or on Soi 33.

NicFrenchy
05-18-12, 08:53
If really necessary, I am sure he can find "nice" ID at Khao San road with some "Photoshop" artist.That is what I recommended

AussieDoug
05-18-12, 15:40
Your friend reads too many spy novels. What's wrong with showing your passport (as required by law)? Most smaller hotels even demand cash payment up front for a short stay, so credit card is not an issue.

If really necessary, I am sure he can find "nice" I'd at Khao San road with some "Photoshop" artist.The short time hotels do not ask for I'd, the Playboy near the back of the Rajah Hotel would not know what a foreign I'd looked like.

FlyingVisitor
05-18-12, 16:56
Hi, anybody who has a recent experience with Dusit Thani Hotel?

The web gives many guest reports about the rooms that vary between "recommended" and "big disappointment".

Is that place guest friendly when you book a double room?

Thanks for advice and best wishes for eventful nights to all of you.

FV

Syzygies
05-18-12, 17:13
Hi, anybody who has a recent experience with Dusit Thani Hotel?

The web gives many guest reports about the rooms that vary between "recommended" and "big disappointment".

Is that place guest friendly when you book a double room?

Thanks for advice and best wishes for eventful nights to all of you.

FVHttp://www.sukhumvit-psycho.com/2009/11/guest-friendly-hotel-dusit-thani-bangkok-hotel-silom/

Seems like would be better to spend money on the girls and get a cheaper room.

Single
05-19-12, 18:26
Hi guys,

I am a 33 year old entrepreneur visiting BKK from 12th June 2012. My third time in BKK and this time I m on a company tour with some business associates { no fun} and intrested in meeting a fellow monger { my age group }to share some jokes over some drinks and also to bonk some high end local fls, cis, wg in 4somes or group fun. We can even book togather a 2 bedroom suit with a jacuzzi. I do not want to stay in that hotel suit as I have another booking through my company in park plaza.

You can private message me for more details.

The Pro
05-20-12, 07:20
Dream is pretty much always the Wotif special hotel class. (Just look for the Shhh. 4.5 star)

Available now for 1913 baht a night inclusive of free wifi and free breakfast for 2 people.

Good for the price and no hassle with overnight friends.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Hi all, here are some info on Dream Bangkok hotel in Suk Soi15.

1- don't take a single room (lowest price) unless you really plan to be alone during your stay, the bed is really too small (1. 3m width). The room layout is also a bit strange and not convenient.

2- dream is divided in 2 buildings:

Dream1 is the main building with breakfast restaurant. A good point if you are with a colleague / friend and you don't want them to see you in company, ask for a room on the spa floor (2nd if I remember). The girl can go up to your room without you going out as the elevator doesn't need card access for this floor.

Dream2 is perfect if you like to go to the pool (in dream2 building) , or if you are afraid of the "walk of shame" when you come back with a girl. The lobby is very quiet and most of time empty with only a small desk

Good: environment is nice, clean and modern, good service from the friendly staff, very good breakfast, free Wifi. If you have an early plane to catch, your girl can stay asleep in the room even after you check out, just notify the front desk about it.

Bad: a 5 to 10min walk to Sukhumvit in a narrow street before you can get to any action.

This time, plan to try S15 in the same Soi, but on the side of Suk. Will report later.

NicFrenchy
05-20-12, 12:05
Hi guys,

I am a 33 year old entrepreneur visiting BKK from 12th June 2012. My third time in BKK and this time I m on a company tour with some business associates { no fun} and intrested in meeting a fellow monger { my age group }to share some jokes over some drinks and also to bonk some high end local fls, cis, wg in 4somes or group fun. We can even book togather a 2 bedroom suit with a jacuzzi. I do not want to stay in that hotel suit as I have another booking through my company in park plaza.

You can private message me for more details.This is the wrong place for this, Try Craiglist.

Zauberfee
05-23-12, 12:32
Does anyone know if Sivatel hotel at Wireless Road is girl friendly?

Duniawala
05-23-12, 16:22
Does anyone know if Sivatel hotel at Wireless Road is girl friendly?Ask the hotel and they will tell you. Ask them if they will allow girls to come to your room. If you booked through an agent ask them.

Zauberfee
05-23-12, 17:28
Ask the hotel and they will tell you. Ask them if they will allow girls to come to your room. If you booked through an agent ask them.I asked them by mail but they didn't reply.

Duniawala
05-24-12, 16:03
I asked them by mail but they didn't reply.Well, then you can call them.

Djinth
05-24-12, 17:53
Does anyone know if Sivatel hotel at Wireless Road is girl friendly?Do not get yourself fooled by the advise of the people for sending mail or calling to hotel to know if they are girl friendly or not.

Usually no hotel would give an explicit answer about this either in writing or even on telephone.

Use your common sense, at the time of booking, book the hotel for 2 guests, then it should be fine.

If at all you want to ask to hotel, you can ask. I will check in earlier while my girl friend would check-in later on, is that fine with the hotel?

Hotels usually do not have any issue as long as the number of guests do not exceed than the no of persons mentioned at the time of reservation.

NicFrenchy
05-24-12, 20:54
I asked them by mail but they didn't reply.Looking at the website, and them claiming to be a 5 star, my opinion is they will not charge.

Zauberfee
05-25-12, 04:58
Does anyone know if Sivatel hotel at Wireless Road is girl friendly?I got a reply today from the hotel, one guest will be ok, she just has to register or to leave her ID at registration desk.

at Duniawala.

There's a famous saying from fellow german comedian Dieter Nuhr: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einmal mal die Fresse halten". Just think about it

Wolvenvacht
05-25-12, 07:02
I got a reply today from the hotel, one guest will be ok, she just has to register or to leave her ID at registration desk.That seems to be the more or less general rule in Thailand. As most hotel rooms are made for two guests, nobody sees a problem if you do not exceed that capacity. Of course, you do best to ask explicitly for a room with a double bed: many hotel rooms in Thailand have two single beds and that limits the possibilities somewhat.

Duniawala
05-25-12, 16:41
I got a reply today from the hotel, one guest will be ok, she just has to register or to leave her I'd at registration desk.

At Duniawala.

There's a famous saying from fellow german comedian Dieter Nuhr: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einmal mal die Fresse halten". Just think about itI am glad that you got the reply from the hotel. Now you don't have to join the guessing game. You will get a hundred different answers on this subject in the forum.

As far as your german quote, I have no idea what you are saying. Hopefully it is not insulting.

Syzygies
05-25-12, 18:23
Hotels usually do not have any issue as long as the number of guests do not exceed than the no of persons mentioned at the time of reservation.I never actually asked a Hotel staff member if they are Girl friendly in advance of staying there, and have found that staff can be inconsistent, for whether girls need to show I'd or not, or even whether taking a girl is allowed.

There do exist so called "family" Hotels where bringing girls is very frowned on. I only ever got caught out maybe once at Bangkok Palace Hotel. There was once an incident at Indra Regent where some bell boy was very keen to check that my girl friend was checked in, and she was.

Good advice to book for two persons, and to check the girl in if there are any hassles.

Zauberfee
05-26-12, 03:19
Hopefully it is not insulting.No, it's not insulting but it means if you can't contribute in a positive way then it might be better to remain in silence

Syzygies
05-26-12, 04:29
No, it's not insulting but it means if you can't contribute in a positive way then it might be better to remain in silenceIs "Fresse halten" similar to "Klappe halten"?

Zauberfee
05-26-12, 07:53
Is "Fresse halten" similar to "Klappe halten"?Yes. The words might sound a little harsh, but the meaning of the quote is not that harsh

Duniawala
05-26-12, 20:09
No, it's not insulting but it means if you can't contribute in a positive way then it might be better to remain in silenceOk, I get it. Now, looking back at the original question you posed, it is a question that has been posed many many times by newbies. I too had a similar question when I first visited Thailand. And every time it boiled down to this. The hotel or it's agent is the best possible source of information. Which is what I precisely asked you to do. The hotel in question was / is not a popular hotel with the forum public. It was the first mention in this forum. Look at the answers you got."judging that it is an upscale family hotel, it is a possible that it allows for guests". Now is that a definitive answer?

I asked you to call / write the hotel. You eventually got a direct answer. So did my original reply a non-helpful one? You be the judge.

Zauberfee
05-26-12, 22:44
So did my original reply a non-helpful one?To be frank. Not at all. You tried to show me a way to get an answer for my problem, but that was not my question. Though Sivatel is rather new and "unknown" here in the forum an answer, which I finally posted myself, could be helpful not only for me but also for other members who maybe also want to stay there.

Anyway if you felt insulted by my quote I really apologize, this was not my intention. Even I have just a couple of posts herre in the forum I'm pretty far from being a newbie when it comes to travelling and mongering in Thailand

Syzygies
05-27-12, 06:45
I asked you to call / write the hotel. You eventually got a direct answer. So did my original reply a non-helpful one? You be the judge.Although we have good intentions, sometimes people are asking here to save time investigating, and just want a simple Yes its 100% GF or not. He wasn't after a difficult delayed solution. You are right though that some forum writers cannot be trusted to give a correct answer. I don't think I ever asked this question of the forum or of anyone. My instinct and experience usually works out all right. Once got caught out staying at "Bangkok Palace" in Pratu Nam. Definitely not GF. Was never clear to me if Baiyoke Sky was GF, but Japanese customers seemed to have young Thai girls with them in elevator. Maybe depended on how classy the girls looked. We usually hear rumours about places not so GF in the Mongering zone. E. G. Tai Pan seemed to be questionable based on what some wrote. Unfortunately Siwatel is slightly outside the mongering zone and new, so needing to "check in" the girl is not unexpected. Taking 3 girls is probably not on. I have used a technique when checking in to say that my GF will check in later. However when I want to monger big time, I definitely prefer to stay in an absolutely 100% GF Hotel in Suk region, where taking 3 girls to the room doesn't cause a problem. I even tip the cleaning lady to supply extra Towels. We can all speculate, but I doubt if anyone here as first hand experience at Siwatel given the newness. Most of us want to stay a bit cheaper (although Siwatel possibly has a super special price right now) , a bit closer, and save the Baht to spend on girls.

NicFrenchy
05-27-12, 08:01
Even I have just a couple of posts herre in the forum I'm pretty far from being a newbie when it comes to travelling and mongering in ThailandThis is very true! Post count don't really amount to shit and certainly doesn't mean someone has experience (or not).

Look at me for example, I have 3000+ Posts and I am still a Virgin

Wolvenvacht
05-27-12, 08:38
I asked you to call / write the hotel. You eventually got a direct answer. So did my original reply a non-helpful one? You be the judge.The reason it is always best to ask the hotel (preferable by email) is that then you are certain what their policy is and you can show their answer in case of any problems. Or are you going to show to reception a copy of the answers you get here on the forum? I doubt if they will be much impressed.

If they don't answer you, book elsewhere. Not answering is a typical Thai way of politely saying "no".

Chill Out
05-28-12, 06:29
I checked out a few hotels close to Nana with a friend this weekend who was looking for accommodation.

I saw the inside of Nana hotel for the first time. I couldn't believe they were charging 1500 bath for this dump.

For 50 baths more, the Dynasty Inn has much better rooms in their new building, very close to Nana too.

For 100 baths more, there is a brand new Ibis down the road.

BionicMan
05-28-12, 06:48
This is very true! Post count don't really amount to shit and certainly doesn't mean someone has experience (or not).Look at me for example, I have 3000+ Posts and I am still a VirginDamn right, I have less posts than you and I am a Taurus!

Will Smith69
06-01-12, 04:49
Dear fellow mongers,

I tryed to stay in the S31 for my last trip, but I needed to leave after 1 night!

Sometimes I have the feeling try something new, so I gabe the S31 a try.

It is a good location, very near to some good massages and shopping and.

Close to the bts.

But I need to say it is NOT worth the money.

First I orderd with my booking the pickup from the airport, I was lucky,

It took me 5 miuntes from the plane put of customs. Thai was very good, the pick you up.

With a golf car at the plane and guide you threw the customs, then they carry you luggage to the car.

But there was no car. The hotel forgott to send one. What a shit, so it took them 30 minutes to

Get a propper car and driver.

Then at the hotel, shure they tried to appologize etc. But.

Then I got my room, a panorama suite. Shure the view is realy nice. You have a window 10 meters wide with glass.

From flore to ceeling, a nice kittchen and an oversized bed. Cool.

But, the batheoom is absolut not a good one, very very small, almost dark, no lights in the shower and almost bo space to put your things.

And it is not realy in a good shape, it loks already very woren out, the carpet looks derty and the sofa (in front of the window) shows signs of white dost. Yes it is a perfect place to f. But I expect they realy cleen it.

And at last, the aircondition is very noisy and she dose not realy cool the rome down.

So it was travel day, I decided to try it for one night and if it is then ok then I stay for the booked 5 nights oterwise I check out and go to st. Regins or my faforit hansar.

I booked "new" from ezmassagebkk she came to the room and it was very ok, and I have a very good night.

So. Next morning I checked out, and left. This is the only thing I think you an do with this hotel. Leaving it is not worth the price, even if it is bot realy expensive but it is bot worth it.

Now I am at the terrasse of my gotel, I enjoy a phantastic view, breakfast, and a excelent room, so let us see what the next days bring. At last a good hotelroom.

So hope this reports helps others not to make the same mistake.

All the best to all of you.

Will

Member #4698
06-01-12, 14:30
There has been a lot of informative postings on oily's lately. Nic, your contributions on this subject have been outstanding. These reports happily coincided with my latest plans concerning my next trip to BKK. Thank you guys.

For the last 3 years or so I have been staying at the Admiral Premier. It is a good hotel. I like their larger suites. The living room is great for entertaining the girls and getting everybody comfortable before moving on to soapy shower and then the main event. The rooftop pool is excellent. Many late afternoons I have relaxed in the pool and I find that I am the only guest using the facility. Sure the Oriental or Peninsula pools are far more luxurious, but you can't beat having an upper Sukhumvit rooftop pool all to yourself on a hot afternoon. But last time I was at the Premier, new construction was just beginning next door. So I thought I would check out some other hotels in the general area this trip until the work is done.

First, I booked a few nights at the new Grande Center Point Hotel & Residence Sukhumvit Terminal 21. The hotel has received pretty good reviews over at Trip Advisor and it has a real nice looking rooftop pool. I made sure it is GF and found a pretty good rate for a deluxe premium room with complimentary breakfast. I have stayed at the Grand Millennium across the street and I think the GM is a very good hotel. The rooms are very nice and modern, but the swimming pool is small and in shade most of the day. That is a faulty architectural design for a 4. 25* hotel in a tropical climatic zone in my opinion. Since the Admiral Premier is out of action for a while due to the construction next door, I decided to give the Grande Center Point T 21 a try.

Then after giving the Grande Center Point a go, I decided to book the Marriott Executive Sukhumvit Park Apartments on Soi 24 for the next week before I head down to Pattaya. My usual habit is to hit the oilies only a couple of times per trip and to focus the majority of my attention on the Go Go's and soapies. But for this trip, I decided to change things up a little and so I intentionally chose the Marriott Sukhumvit Park Apartments because of the size of the suites, and more importantly to focus my attention on the Soi 24 massage parlors. I will be walking past them at least 3 or 4 times every day and thus I plan on availing myself of their services every day while I am staying on Soi 24. This is going to make this trip very different from my usual trips. It is always good to mix things up a little to make things feel new. You know what they say in Real Estate; location, location, location.

Single
06-03-12, 13:37
Hi, has any one stayed in the privacy suites at soi 20. I have seen the websites and looks good. I gave them a email regarding the guest joiner fee and got a reply from the hotel that they don't charge anything. Has anyone stayed recently? I have rtff but found nothing. They have a 50 square meter junior suite with a jacuzzi that I m intrested in. Any help would be appreciated regarding the location and rooms.

Harry Dude
06-05-12, 18:48
This trip I stayed at Aloft in Sukhumvit Soi 11. It is across the soi from Citadines Soi 11. In fact I stayed at the Citadines also this time around.

I liked Aloft a lot. Totally GF, in some cases they forgot to ask my girl for her identification card. On two occasions they did ask for identification and kept it overnight as is the standard.

The guest rooms are not huge, but nice, new and modern, and have a sofa + king size bed + small desk with free internet. Beds are softer than the usual thai rock hard standard bed. Bathrooms are decent sized, modern and fresh looking. I also stayed for four nights in their suites a few weeks ago, that was very nice indeed. Same modern styling, twice the size of a regular room, and a gigantic bathroom.

The pool has sunshine from early morning until about 130pm this time of year.

The breakfast buffet is adequate but the restaurant is very very noisy. It's like eating in a disco. This is actually my main complaint with this place.

This time of year Wotif shows rates of about THB2500. For comparison, Wotif shows the same rates for Citadines across the street (for an executive studio). I stayed there also, for a couple of nights, and Aloft beats the equally Girl Friendly Citadines hands down: Citadines is getting old and shows wear and tear, the bathrooms are tiny tiny tiny and not modern at all, and the bed in the executive studio is a rock hard queen size compared the king size bed in Aloft.

HectorG
06-11-12, 20:16
This trip I stayed at Aloft in Sukhumvit Soi 11. It is across the soi from Citadines Soi 11. In fact I stayed at the Citadines also this time around.

I liked Aloft a lot. Totally GF, in some cases they forgot to ask my girl for her identification card. On two occasions they did ask for identification and kept it overnight as is the standard.

The guest rooms are not huge, but nice, new and modern, and have a sofa + king size bed + small desk with free internet. Beds are softer than the usual thai rock hard standard bed. Bathrooms are decent sized, modern and fresh looking. I also stayed for four nights in their suites a few weeks ago, that was very nice indeed. Same modern styling, twice the size of a regular room, and a gigantic bathroom.

The breakfast buffet is adequate but the restaurant is very very noisy. It's like eating in a disco. This is actually my main complaint with this place.

This time of year Wotif shows rates of about THB2500. For comparison, Wotif shows the same rates for Citadines across the street (for an executive studio). I stayed there also, for a couple of nights, and Aloft beats the equally Girl Friendly Citadines hands down: Citadines is getting old and shows wear and tear, the bathrooms are tiny tiny tiny and not modern at all, and the bed in the executive studio is a rock hard queen size compared the king size bed in Aloft.Excellent report. I was wondering about that hotel as there is little information about this new place, plus you can collect Starwood SPG points! Their direct website is showing rates of just 2170. Question: some people on tripadvisor said their stay included free pass to Bed Supper Club. Did you get that pass? Is BSC even worth it these days? Cheers.

Asianatic
06-13-12, 06:51
Anyone know what is the current mystery hotel at Worif. Com? Its a 40sqm room. It used to be the Grand Millenium on Sukhumvit and I liked it a lot. But that is a 38sqm room, so I think its another one now.

Thanks folks.

NicFrenchy
06-13-12, 06:58
Anyone know what is the current mystery hotel at Worif. Com? Its a 40sqm room. It used to be the Grand Millenium on Sukhumvit and I liked it a lot. But that is a 38sqm room, so I think its another one now.

Thanks folks.For me, using the mystery deal is a pretty dumb idea. The difference in price is not that big that one wants to take a gamble. For $10 extra, why not book the hotel you like and be done with it?

Chill Out
06-13-12, 11:18
Asianatic, it looks like a new hotel, I don't have a reference for this description.

Nic, sometimes the secret deal saves you more than $10. More like 1000 or 1500 baths (a day).

Jgm005
06-13-12, 11:27
Could be the new Terminal 21 Hotel. They have a 40sqm room which is the Deluxe Premium.

Thanks folks.

NicFrenchy
06-13-12, 11:29
Nic, sometimes the secret deal saves you more than $10. More like 1000 or 1500 baths (a day).How so? But you don't know where you going to end up, so it's lottery right?

Harry Dude
06-17-12, 08:59
Excellent report. I was wondering about that hotel as there is little information about this new place, plus you can collect Starwood SPG points! Their direct website is showing rates of just 2170. Question: some people on tripadvisor said their stay included free pass to Bed Supper Club. Did you get that pass? Is BSC even worth it these days? Cheers.Yes, I did receive a free pass to Bed Supper Club, and to Q Bar as well. However, I actually did not use the free passes so I can not comment on whether it is worth it.

Chill Out
06-18-12, 05:38
How so? But you don't know where you going to end up, so it's lottery right?For instance when I stayed at the Rennaissance last year I was paying 1500 less than normal.

Usually by doing a search you can find out what the hotel is. If not, you can just try it out, it's part of the fun. I never book more than one night at first, so it's not like it would ruin my week if the hotel sucks.

Chill Out
06-18-12, 07:23
I checked some hotels this weekend around Huai Khwang.

The Emerald has an impressive lobby, but amenities are quite dated. Rooms are more than 4000 a night which is overpriced for what's offered.

The Swissotel Le Concorde surprised me with its prices, around 3500 a night, which is cheaper than I expected. However, the rooms are just ok, I wasn't impressed. You can find better and more central for the same price. Has anyone been in the Swissotel close to Nana? How does it compare?

One gem I found for budget-conscious travelers is the Atrium. Rooms at 790 a night. 15, 000 a month. The hotel is brand new and looks much higher-class than you would think for this price. Good value.

www.atriumratchada13.com

BionicMan
06-18-12, 08:06
For instance when I stayed at the Rennaissance last year I was paying 1500 less than normal.

Usually by doing a search you can find out what the hotel is. If not, you can just try it out, it's part of the fun. I never book more than one night at first, so it's not like it would ruin my week if the hotel sucks.But will you get the same rate if you extend?

Chill Out
06-18-12, 08:57
You simply extend through the deal site as well.

BionicMan
06-18-12, 11:32
You simply extend through the deal site as well.Was just wondering about the technicality as you say you book for one night, to know about the hotel. I thought you wanted to see the rooms in real, so was wodnering how to extend once you are there and get the super deal.

Clear to me now. Thanks

Horny Landoora
06-18-12, 12:31
You simply extend through the deal site as well.Provided that the deal is still available. In many case the secret deals sell off at some time or simply taken off. In case you do an advance purchase months prior chances are likely you would not have the same deal when you travel. So such deals are good when your travel dates are confirmed and you know how long you want to stay for.

Chill Out
06-18-12, 12:51
I do wait to see the room, I rebook from the room itself if I like it.

Horny is right, this doesn't work if you book months in advance as the deal might be off. There is no need to book months in advance in Thailand however. It's not like there is a glut of hotel supply and there is a risk of not getting a room.

I book a few days before at best. Sometimes I book in the morning at 11:30 from another hotel right before checking out.

Kirra Dude
06-29-12, 10:19
Although we have good intentions, sometimes people are asking here to save time investigating, and just want a simple Yes its 100% GF or not. He wasn't after a difficult delayed solution. You are right though that some forum writers cannot be trusted to give a correct answer. I don't think I ever asked this question of the forum or of anyone. My instinct and experience usually works out all right. Once got caught out staying at "Bangkok Palace" in Pratu Nam. Definitely not GF. Was never clear to me if Baiyoke Sky was GF, but Japanese customers seemed to have young Thai girls with them in elevator. Maybe depended on how classy the girls looked. We usually hear rumours about places not so GF in the Mongering zone. E. G. Tai Pan seemed to be questionable based on what some wrote. Unfortunately Siwatel is slightly outside the mongering zone and new, so needing to "check in" the girl is not unexpected. Taking 3 girls is probably not on. I have used a technique when checking in to say that my GF will check in later. However when I want to monger big time, I definitely prefer to stay in an absolutely 100% GF Hotel in Suk region, where taking 3 girls to the room doesn't cause a problem. I even tip the cleaning lady to supply extra Towels. We can all speculate, but I doubt if anyone here as first hand experience at Siwatel given the newness. Most of us want to stay a bit cheaper (although Siwatel possibly has a super special price right now) , a bit closer, and save the Baht to spend on girls.Hey there.

I stayed at the Sivatel back in April and checked in before I took my thai lady back in the evening. They did spot me bringing her in later on in the day and telephoned me in the loom asking that I provide her details. I just ignored it as I was there for a week and they never asked again. Naturally they had a copy of my credit card so I guess they just let it slide. It was a bit odd as the reception is approx. 10 floors up. Not like normal hotels and also a bit away from the action. Mind you, the skytrain is close by. Wouldn't stay again. Breakfast and pool were good but a little quiet for my liking. Rooms were well appointed. I am looking to stay a little closer to freelancer bars around Sukhumvit area, Soi 11 etc. Has anyone got any good tips for bars and hotels. Looking for 1000. 2000 baht hotels with pool.

Syzygies
06-30-12, 06:46
Hey there.

I stayed at the Sivatel back in April and checked in before I took my thai lady back in the evening. They did spot me bringing her in later on in the day and telephoned me in the loom asking that I provide her details. I just ignored it as I was there for a week and they never asked again. Naturally they had a copy of my credit card so I guess they just let it slide. It was a bit odd as the reception is approx. 10 floors up. Not like normal hotels and also a bit away from the action. Mind you, the skytrain is close by. Wouldn't stay again. Breakfast and pool were good but a little quiet for my liking. Rooms were well appointed. I am looking to stay a little closer to freelancer bars around Sukhumvit area, Soi 11 etc. Has anyone got any good tips for bars and hotels. Looking for 1000. 2000 baht hotels with pool.Baiyoke Shy also has reception on a higher floor. Its very strange you say it was a bit quiet for your liking. That sounds perfect. I don't like overly noisy Hotels. If the Hotel is rather empty, that's great.

I think I saw a cheap wotif deal for Le Fenix on Soi 11 approx 1700 baht. Don't know what its pool is like. Maybe Citadines? Most of the very cheap Hotels have no pool.

Monte3
06-30-12, 07:55
Baiyoke Shy also has reception on a higher floor. Its very strange you say it was a bit quiet for your liking. That sounds perfect. I don't like overly noisy Hotels. If the Hotel is rather empty, that's great.

I think I saw a cheap wotif deal for Le Fenix on Soi 11 approx 1700 baht. Don't know what its pool is like. Maybe Citadines? Most of the very cheap Hotels have no pool.Go to the end of Soi 7/1 Maxiams.

No pool but you can't throw a rock with out hitting some chick that wants to Blow / Screw.

Or check on line, go to google maps, and look at all of the selection. Then just let your fingers do the clicking.

Wolvenvacht
06-30-12, 08:17
I think I saw a cheap wotif deal for Le Fenix on Soi 11 approx 1700 baht. Don't know what its pool is like. Maybe Citadines? Most of the very cheap Hotels have no pool.Citadines Sukhumvit 23 is very good (and has a rooftop pool and gym) but is over 2000 baht / night without the breakfast for which they charge you an outrageous 200 baht.

All female reception staff (some of them quite cute in their uniforms) and they seem to know a lot of the working girls as they always have some friendly chat in Thai when they ask the girl's ID.

Run Mann
06-30-12, 10:32
Citadines Sukhumvit 23 is very good (and has a rooftop pool and gym) but is over 2000 baht / night without the breakfast for which they charge you an outrageous 200 baht.

All female reception staff (some of them quite cute in their uniforms) and they seem to know a lot of the working girls as they always have some friendly chat in Thai when they ask the girl's I'd.This hotel is 1737B on Agoda and 1800 on Asia Rooms. Can't comment on the food as I never tried it but 2000b is a reasonable price for this hotel.

Wolvenvacht
06-30-12, 11:33
This hotel is 1737B on Agoda and 1800 on Asia Rooms. Can't comment on the food as I never tried it but 2000b is a reasonable price for this hotel.Those are good prices. I would not hesitate to grab those offers as it is within easy walking distance of the action at Soi Cowboy.

The Pro
06-30-12, 12:03

This time of year Wotif shows rates of about THB2500. For comparison, Wotif shows the same rates for Citadines across the street (for an executive studio). I stayed there also, for a couple of nights, and Aloft beats the equally Girl Friendly Citadines hands down: Citadines is getting old and shows wear and tear, the bathrooms are tiny tiny tiny and not modern at all, and the bed in the executive studio is a rock hard queen size compared the king size bed in Aloft.Aloft is still one of the Mystery Hotel. Link below and its 1899 baht a night booked as a Mystery.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M25208

Be warned though, you only get SPG points when you book from the Hotel website. Any cheap hotel booking website the rate you get will not be counted towards SPG stays or SPG points.

And yes, you get a free entry to Bed club.

Pulse
07-01-12, 00:19
I think I saw a cheap wotif deal for Le Fenix on Soi 11 approx 1700 baht. Don't know what its pool is like.Le Fenix has an indoor style pool, long and narrow with a glass side that looks outside. If you look at the photo of the Flow Bar on the Le Fenix website you'll get a sense of the dimensions. It's not a sit-around-in-the-sun pool. It's there for you to cool off.

Le Fenix was one of my fav spots for location, price and style but after awhile the drains began to smell. I've moved on.

Back in BKK in 9 weeks *grin*

Monopoly
07-17-12, 03:34
How are the bathrooms and water pressure, hot / cold water, etc? I like the idea that they have kitchenettes; but wondering if guests cooking brings bugs in the rooms or are they very clean, etc?

Any recent reviews? Thanks!

Syzygies
07-17-12, 07:14
Citadines Sukhumvit 23 is very good (and has a rooftop pool and gym) but is over 2000 baht / night without the breakfast for which they charge you an outrageous 200 baht.I tried Citadines 23 once. Didn't like it but too long ago to remember all the reasons. Nearby Admiral Premier was definitely better, even if it has some weaknesses. My experienced buddy warned me that Citadines 23 wasn't good, but I tried it anyway. Thread search could find the previous discouraging reviews I guess. I have heard better reports about other Citadines Hotels.

Wolvenvacht
07-17-12, 07:21
I tried Citadines 23 once. Didn't like it but too long ago to remember all the reasons. Nearby Admiral Premier was definitely better, even if it has some weaknesses. My experienced buddy warned me that Citadines 23 wasn't good, but I tried it anyway. Thread search could find the previous discouraging reviews I guess. I have heard better reports about other Citadines Hotels.It worked for me and none of my visitors ever complained. I especially liked that the double bed was not one of these huge playingfields. It gave me a good excuse to snuggle up close to her.

It is a good thing we do not all like the same things. Think of it what would happen if we all only liked one and the same girl!

Crazy Travel
07-17-12, 18:10
Finally my first trip (only three days) to Bangkok is coming. I need still wait till the middle of August, but already dreaming of it! After reading some post wherever in the web I wrote to the hotel SOFITEL Bangkok Sukhumvit about policy related to be Guest-Friendly.

The answer was: "Thank you very much for thinking of us as the choice of your stay. Regarding the policy about the outside guest to stay in the room. Please be informedwe will consider as Free of Charge but person who join your room must present theID Card or any documents (which issue by government) by leave it with our security. In case of he / she doesn't have the said card, guest have to take care of himself. All the procedure we set up is for guest security, we do hope you to understand. Thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon. Best regards". Finally I booked! I'll let you know!

Luvpuss
07-17-12, 21:47
How are the bathrooms and water pressure, hot / cold water, etc? I like the idea that they have kitchenettes; but wondering if guests cooking brings bugs in the rooms or are they very clean, etc?

Any recent reviews? Thanks!I stayed there a few weeks ago.

I highly recommend. It is very clean and modern. No problem with water pressure, hot/cold. Great location. Good breakfast. Internet was good. In fact, it is now my new place to stay in BKK.

I use to go to Pres. Palace Soi 11. I think Pach. Suites is better for the money.

Wolvenvacht
07-17-12, 23:10
I stayed there a few weeks ago.

I highly recommend. It is very clean and modern. No problem with water pressure, hot / cold. Great location. Good breakfast. Internet was good. In fact, it is now my new place to stay in BKK.

I use to go to Pres. Palace Soi 11. I think Pach. Suites is better for the money.Mmmm, at 3400 baht / night for the "deluxe studio" (which is actually their most basic offer) via booking.com it is expensive. At least 1000 baht above Citadines which seems to offer a similar style of lodging.

NicFrenchy
07-17-12, 23:53
Mmmm, at 3400 baht / night for the "deluxe studio" (which is actually their most basic offer) via booking.com it is expensive. At least 1000 baht above Citadines which seems to offer a similar style of lodging.Hahaha who books via Booking. Com? If you go to the hotel website, Direct, they offer 2, 380 thb. Room looks large and with a sofa. Not my style but not expensive.

I'd prefer staying at the Fenix or the 4 points

BionicMan
07-18-12, 07:41
Hahaha who books via Booking. Com?I usually do 70% of my extensive travel through booking. Com. Any problem with that? Rates are sufficiently low. I know that hotel official rates are scams, but I have found great rates through booking. Com in peak periods when usually the hotels overcahrge onnormal rates or there is a curfew for normal prices. True that I usually go to 4* hotels and seldom to 3* (only if part of an international chain I know, so the standard is set)

Mua Tur
07-18-12, 08:04
I know that hotel official rates are scams,I do agree with you. Generally rates in hotel websites are so high, rather than found in booking sites.

But I have found great rates through booking. ComWhy not Agoda? I have found relatively less price in agoda for the same room asked in Booking. Com

NicFrenchy
07-18-12, 08:11
Why not Agoda? I have found relatively less price in agoda for the same room asked in Booking. ComAgoda's 10 times worse than Booking. Com.

Why would you agree for your credit card to be charged at time of booking? And Pre-pay? When Booking. Com is only on a CC Guarantee basis?

Best practice is to book direct with the Hotel as they always have the same deals as any OTAs but with usually more Added value. And if you can get a hold of a manager and talk to him, you can even get a cheaper price.

BionicMan
07-18-12, 08:17
I do agree with you. Generally rates in hotel websites are so high, rather than found in booking sites.Why not Agoda? I have found relatively less price in agoda for the same room asked in Booking. ComThe postiive thing with booking. Com is that is really worldwide (I travel worldwide and not to a specific area only) , does not automatically draw the amount of the stay into their wallet, in 90% of the cases there is a cancellation policy of to 3 or 1 day prior arrival, the CC is mainly a guarantee for the no show.

I had a couple of specific wishes that their support team immediately took care of and if and when unable to do so they put me in contact with the hotel, with a solution found.

Mua Tur
07-18-12, 08:50
90% of the cases there is a cancellation policy of to 3 or 1 day prior arrival, the CC is mainly a guarantee for the no show.I m not advocating here for Agoda. I always feel comfort booking with Agoda for Thailand. In some options Agoda have free cancellation policy too. Is it about 90%? M not sure

Run Mann
07-18-12, 10:33
I m not advocating here for Agoda. I always feel comfort booking with Agoda for Thailand. In some options Agoda have free cancellation policy too. Is it about 90%? M not sureTrue, Agoda is one of the better booking sites and they even provide cash back reward points you can use to book rooms in the future. I've used those points for free stay twice. The cancellation policy really depends on the hotel and not necessarily Agoda. Also their rates are much better than going to the most hotel sites which is why they are one of the top booking sites but like everything else everyone will have their own preference.

NicFrenchy
07-18-12, 11:51
True, Agoda is one of the better booking sites and they even provide cash back reward points you can use to book rooms in the future. I've used those points for free stay twice. The cancellation policy really depends on the hotel and not necessarily Agoda. Also their rates are much better than going to the most hotel sites which is why they are one of the top booking sites but like everything else everyone will have their own preference.You nailed it! The only edge with Agoda is their "Points System" and that's why they are the #1 Online Agent in ASPAC, with Booking. Com (the Sister company) Leader on the European Market and their owner Priceline (the Daddy) Leading in the Americas, they are set for a Long long time!

Expedia is the Closest Competitor with its Sister Company: Tripadvisor and their recent launch of TINGO. They also own Hotels. Com, Hotwire and purchased Air Asia Go Holiday.

Such a complicated bunch. Try Hotelscombined, Kayak, Wego, Skyscanner or the newcomer from israel: Superfly.

Also an israeli newborn Company: CANCELON.

They offer people that have bookings they cannot cancel or amend a platform to re-sell their reservation to someone else.

This is a new model and will certainly make some noise in the industry.

http://www.cancelon.com/

Luvpuss
07-18-12, 12:34
Mmmm, at 3400 baht / night for the "deluxe studio" (which is actually their most basic offer) via booking.com it is expensive. At least 1000 baht above Citadines which seems to offer a similar style of lodging.? I just punched in some dates in July and August and it was 2350 a night. That is including all taxes.

Wolvenvacht
07-18-12, 20:01
? I just punched in some dates in July and August and it was 2350 a night. That is including all taxes.I just picked a random date in September for one night. Maybe I just picked a bad (expensive) date. Or maybe weekends are differently priced than weekdays?

I have given up on trying to understand tariffs of airplanes and hotels.

Member #4698
07-18-12, 21:59
The travel industry does not care about goodwill or customer relations. They have their non linear maximization programs that tell them when and what to charge at a specific point in time based on demand, sales, time of the year, and time remaining till the end date ect. All they care about is short term profits and meeting quarterly expectations.

So shop around the travel sites including the airlines and hotels sites at least weekly until a couple of weeks before your trip. When a good price pops up, grab it. Show no consumer loyalty to any airline, hotel, or internet travel site. They don't deserve it. Price, location, time of flight, duration of flight, the level of hotel quality you are willing to afford is all that matters. Everything is now a fungible commodity. Ok, there are still a few independently owned hotels that treat their customers with respect and remember you when you write to them. I am not talking about these boutique businesses. They are great.

No one travel reservation site always has the best prices. I am amazed at the price variation for hotel rooms on different sites. I have seen price vary as much as $50 to $60 per night on different sites. Sometimes Agoda comes up with the best price. Sometimes Expedia beats them. Sometimes a great deal comes from the hotels themselves. Generally, I have found Travelocity to be a pretty expensive site, but occasionally they will surprise me and offer a really good rate at a hotel on my list. You have to shop it. I keep a spreadsheet of the lowest room prices historically offered on my short list of possible hotels. So when I start planning for a new trip, I just refer to my list and wait until I am quoted a price that matches or beats the historical low spreadsheet price for a specific hotel. Then I book. Remember, show no loyalty to any of them. A hotel room or plane ticket is a commodity.

Airlines are a little tricky, but play the same game. I book a lot of Asia Airlines flights. If I see a great price I book right away. Otherwise I wait them out, check once a week, and book only when you see a good discount price. Usually the discount price is 40% less. Last minute deals are sometimes a real savings as long as you realize you are playing Russian roulette and in the high season it may cost you.

I have noticed something funny going on over at Kayak recently. I often check their prices since they show the comparative rates of hotels at 3 or more travel sites. In their comparisons, Agoda frequently comes out on top with the lowest price, but when I follow the link to Agoda, the advertized price is not available and only a higher price is offered. Bait and Switch? Kayak should do something about that. The Agoda prices listed in Kayak are not for real.

NicFrenchy
07-19-12, 03:37
No one should be dumb enough to use Kayak for Hotel price Comparisons. I attach a picture here showing that, for a request in a big city like Paris KAYAK only lets you shop Expedia, Hotels. Com, Hotwire (all belong to the same owner by the way) and Finally American Express (using a GDS system most probably).

Hotelscombined offers more choice of websites they shop from (Otel. Com, Venere, Getaroom, Laterooms, Hotels. Com, Expedia.)

I think the most functional today is WEGO. Com, not only they shop more channels than any other MetaSearch Engine, but they also let you choose which nationality likes what hotels.

This is big for me. Whenever I travel, I want to avoid Russians, Chinese and Indians (no offense, but that's my preference) , WEGO lets you see: "Popular with XXXX" and you can choose the Nationality.

(I attach a pic too)

Crazy4Thai
07-19-12, 05:09
No one should be dumb enough to use Kayak for Hotel price Comparisons. I attach a picture here showing that, for a request in a big city like Paris KAYAK only lets you shop Expedia, Hotels. Com, Hotwire (all belong to the same owner by the way) and Finally American Express (using a GDS system most probably).

Hotelscombined offers more choice of websites they shop from (Otel. Com, Venere, Getaroom, Laterooms, Hotels. Com, Expedia.)

I think the most functional today is WEGO. Com, snip) Good tip Nick. I like new alternatives.

I have liked Kayak for air purchases though. I've also liked wotif for BKK hotels. I did a quick comparison for the Aloft on Soi 11. I'm interested in staying there. The best price through wotif was 2353 all inclusive. Wego offers it for 1999 ++. So with the plus plus it might work out to just about the same. I really like wotif's mystery deals but I see no way to choose this exact property that way.

Run Mann
07-19-12, 05:52
Everyone will have their own preference but beside the sites mention already, www.cheaptickets.com Is another option and site I use frequently along with Expedia and find them to be very reliable and reasonable

Sfiend
07-19-12, 06:52
Thanks Natty.

+1.

The travel industry does not care about goodwill or customer relations. They have their non linear maximization programs that tell them when and what to charge at a specific point in time based on demand, sales, time of the year, and time remaining till the end date ect. All they care about is short term profits and meeting quarterly expectations.

So shop around the travel sites including the airlines and hotels sites at least weekly until a couple of weeks before your trip. When a good price pops up, grab it. Show no consumer loyalty to any airline, hotel, or internet travel site. They don't deserve it. Price, location, time of flight, duration of flight, the level of hotel quality you are willing to afford is all that matters. Everything is now a fungible commodity. Ok, there are still a few independently owned hotels that treat their customers with respect and remember you when you write to them. I am not talking about these boutique businesses. They are great.

No one travel reservation site always has the best prices. I am amazed at the price variation for hotel rooms on different sites. I have seen price vary as much as $50 to $60 per night on different sites. Sometimes Agoda comes up with the best price. Sometimes Expedia beats them. Sometimes a great deal comes from the hotels themselves. Generally, I have found Travelocity to be a pretty expensive site, but occasionally they will surprise me and offer a really good rate at a hotel on my list. You have to shop it. I keep a spreadsheet of the lowest room prices historically offered on my short list of possible hotels. So when I start planning for a new trip, I just refer to my list and wait until I am quoted a price that matches or beats the historical low spreadsheet price for a specific hotel. Then I book. Remember, show no loyalty to any of them. A hotel room or plane ticket is a commodity.

Airlines are a little tricky, but play the same game. I book a lot of Asia Airlines flights. If I see a great price I book right away. Otherwise I wait them out, check once a week, and book only when you see a good discount price. Usually the discount price is 40% less. Last minute deals are sometimes a real savings as long as you realize you are playing Russian roulette and in the high season it may cost you.

I have noticed something funny going on over at Kayak recently. I often check their prices since they show the comparative rates of hotels at 3 or more travel sites. In their comparisons, Agoda frequently comes out on top with the lowest price, but when I follow the link to Agoda, the advertized price is not available and only a higher price is offered. Bait and Switch? Kayak should do something about that. The Agoda prices listed in Kayak are not for real.+1

Sfiend
07-19-12, 07:21
I stayed bang opposite Phachara at the Dynasty Grande on soi 6 for 5 nights toward the end of June. It's a great hotel. Cheaper and I wouldn't hesitate one bit staying there again even though it may not be at the very next one simply because I'd like to try something different. Just make sure you chose the 'Grande Deluxe' rooms rather than just the Deluxe because there is quite the difference (I tried the deluxe for a night).40sq. Meters, flat screen, dvd player for the porn, great house keeping, great bathrooms with high quality fixtures and no pressure problems at all, and one of the best, largest gyms I've seen at any hotel thus far with what smelt like fresh new equipment. It was a pleasure working out there. In fact I may go back simply for the gym. I couldn't get it any cheaper than USD 70 / night, but that still saved me over a 1000 baht a night by not staying at the Phachara and they were the nicest and quickest in responding to me when I was shooting out emails to over 2 dozen hotels to enquire about their guest friendliness. Walking distance to soi 4 on your left and the sky train and some nice eating places on the perpendicular sois to the right. Oh and by the way, even though its a 3 minute walking distance to the entertainment, the rooms were quiet and the sleeping sound.

Any recent reviews? Thanks!

Sfiend
07-19-12, 07:24

Any recent reviews? Thanks!I stayed bang opposite Phachara at the Dynasty Grande on soi 6 for 5 nights toward the end of June. It's a great hotel. Cheaper and I wouldn't hesitate one bit staying there again even though it may not be at the very next one simply because I'd like to try something different. Just make sure you chose the 'Grande Deluxe' rooms rather than just the Deluxe because there is quite the difference (I tried the deluxe for a night).40sq. Meters, flat screen, dvd player for the porn, great house keeping, great bathrooms with high quality fixtures and no pressure problems at all, and one of the best, largest gyms I've seen at any hotel thus far with what smelt like fresh new equipment. It was a pleasure working out there. In fact I may go back simply for the gym. I couldn't get it any cheaper than USD 70 / night, but that still saved me over a 1000 baht a night by not staying at the Phachara and they were the nicest and quickest in responding to me when I was shooting out emails to over 2 dozen hotels to enquire about their guest friendliness. Walking distance to soi 4 on your left and the sky train and some nice eating places on the perpendicular sois to the right. Oh and by the way, even though its a 3 minute walking distance to the entertainment, the rooms were quiet and the sleeping sound.

Sky Ryder
07-19-12, 09:27

I have noticed something funny going on over at Kayak recently. I often check their prices since they show the comparative rates of hotels at 3 or more travel sites. In their comparisons, Agoda frequently comes out on top with the lowest price, but when I follow the link to Agoda, the advertized price is not available and only a higher price is offered. Bait and Switch? Kayak should do something about that. The Agoda prices listed in Kayak are not for real.Natty,

Being that I am a part of the industry being discussed, I will tell you that as far as the airline goes, you are only partially correct. They Do care about some passengers, but only those who's proven "loyalty" means that they know they will ride on said airline almost regardless of the fare. Airline execs guard these people like gold mines. Which they are!

In some respects we (we being the traveling public) have done this too ourselves and we are getting EXACTLY what we are willing to pay for. Which is not much more than basic transport. We say we want a "high service level", but as consumers we aren'twilling to pay for it. To be honest, the margins that the airlines operate with are pretty small and I can't think of a single airline in the world that is a good investment, unless you are one of the preferred stock holders.

Airlines make keep it all going using "float" for the most part, they use the money you pay for your next month's ticket to pay for today's fuel, knowing that they will sell tickets next month to pay for your fuel. That is one way that airlines can lose money for years and keep it all going. Along with terminating retirement plans and employee contracts. But another subject.

As far as Kayak goes, what happens if that if you notice on Agoda, it says the price is "from" a certain amount, but the actual amount isn't revealed until you select the room you want for the date. I don't think the Kayak site searches at this level. Plus like was mentioned, the fees aren't included up front, only when you get ready to check out. That is because they know if they put the entire amount you will search for a better rate on another site. If you get to the whole process you are less likely to start over again when you get to the "pay now" page, as long as the difference isn't at the "[CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off" level.

Just IMHO.

Sky

Harry Dude
07-19-12, 17:25
I can re-confirm that this property is very girl friendly.

This hotel is very modern, has decent size rooms, modern decor, decent breakfast buffet and is totally GF. I did not see a lot of guys bringing in girls though, the hotel seems to attract "regular" tourists, families and businesspeople. The staff will ask your GF to leave her identification card at the front desk, although this does depend on the staff (not all staff will ask) and the sluttiness of your companion (my GF who had a very girl-next-door-kind-of-look was not asked).

The pool is quite nice, although the sun disappears from the pool in the early afternoon. Pool area can be noisy due to families with kids.

Beds are not thai-hard, although they are more firm than Sheraton beds in the US.

The staff is very friendly. Bathrooms are nice, modern and well maintained.

-h

Syzygies
07-19-12, 19:41
Agoda's 10 times worse than Booking. Com.

Why would you agree for your credit card to be charged at time of booking? And Pre-pay? When Booking. Com is only on a CC Guarantee basis?

Best practice is to book direct with the Hotel as they always have the same deals as any OTAs but with usually more Added value. And if you can get a hold of a manager and talk to him, you can even get a cheaper price.Agoda refund automatically, based on the rules, on a no show without me even asking for it. So paying up front was not a big problem.

In reality I find it rare that hotel management staff will match or better a price I got from Agoda or Wotif. I have tried. In the end it isn't worth the effort. I find direct Hotel prices usually more expensive, although not always.

Altered Ego
07-19-12, 22:22
Anyone have an opinion on Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park? I have checked this thread and couldn't find any mention of it (but I must admit I have had a few problems with the search feature in the past).

The place appears to have good write-ups on a well-known review website (the one with 'Trip' in its name). However I checked a list of 'girl-friendly or guest-friendly' hotels (on another well-known website with 'Night' in its name) and it was not listed, although other Marriotts in Bangkok were.

I appreciate the location (Soi 24) may not be perfect but I am not so bothered about that. Also, I know there are some cheaper options for apartments, but I am not all that price-sensitive, because I tend to have fairly short holidays and only go to Thailand once a year. Two years ago I stayed at the Landmark then last year I stayed at the Grand Millenium. Both were entirely GF (although I was only bringing in one girl at a time). I particularly liked the Millenium, although the Landmark was OK too.

BionicMan
07-19-12, 22:45
Natty,

Being that I am a part of the industry being discussed, I will tell you that as far as the airline goes, you are only partially correct. They Do care about some passengers, but only those who's proven "loyalty" means that they know they will ride on said airline almost regardless of the fare. Airline execs guard these people like gold mines. Which they are!

Just IMHO. SkyI second this. Beign a gold member of Star Alliance (nearly top level, but not over restricted) I always get an empty seat aside mine. If occupancy of the airfcraft allows. I noticed that a few times, with the planbe nearly full, lots of people packed in the 2 or 3 seats rows and me enjoying (in economy) an empty seat (or two) aside mine. I recently changed a seat after booking at the check in and the agent said, we'll block the seat aside yours. Why?"cause you are Gold". So the feeling I had on the privilege was a reality. So airlines do care for frequent travellers. They allow extra luggage, they allow lounges, they allow other priviliges. Once might not bother about them, But if you travel well over 100k miles a year, you do enjoy thos benefits.

Member #4698
07-19-12, 23:05
Anyone have an opinion on Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park? The place appears to have good write-ups on a well-known review website (the one with 'Trip' in its name). However I checked a list of 'girl-friendly or guest-friendly' hotels (on another well-known website with 'Night' in its name) and it was not listed, although other Marriotts in Bangkok were.

I appreciate the location (Soi 24) may not be perfect but I am not so bothered about that.Since there is construction going on next door to the Admiral Premier, my favorite suites hotel, I decided to move to the other side of Sukhumvit and try out the Marriott Exec Sukhumvit Park Apartments for a few days. The rooms are large and I like that because it allows me to entertain my girls before we get down to the main event. In addition, I don't mind earning a lot of Marriott Reward points for staying there.

The Marriott Soi 24 Park Apartments may not be as convenient as the Soi 23 Admiral Premier or the Grand Millennium on Asok for hitting Soi Cowboy every night, but I am really looking forward to staying at the new Soi 24 location because of its proximity to the best oily massage joints in BKK. I figure I will be walking past these little hotbeds of action many times each day and I know I will avail myself of their services more than I usually do. Change is good.

Based on my research, the Marriott Exec Sukhumvit Park Apartments is GF. My source is Sukhumvit Psycho. Just Google Girl friendly plus the hotel name.

Member #4698
07-20-12, 00:06
Sky and Bman,

I am not a top level flyer like you guys so my experiences with the airlines is very different from yours. I carry a Mileage Plus account with United and a Gold Delta Sky Miles account with Delta so I usually fly free roundtrips to Asia. On a certain level I can't really complain, Free is free, but the airlines still treat me shitty so they end up destroying the good will their frequent flyer programs are supposed to create and foster. Here is the rub: at my humble level, booking flights with miles is a pain and never very satisfying.

First I have to book at least 6 months in advance or my dates will not be available for the minimum miles. Second the airlines screw the customer on routing. For example, from South Florida where I live, United (Continental) flies a 19 hour total duration flight to HKG with one stop in Newark. Using miles to purchase this flight when there are plenty of seats available for sale is difficult. The airline only offers me the one stop 19 hour flight going out and then makes available only multi stop 23 to 40 hour horror return flights. My last return flight was from HKG to San Francisco to Houston to West Palm Beach. It sucked! The one stop 19 hour return flight was available, but only for 20, 000 to 30, 000 more miles and I refused to pay those additional miles. On seating: the international flights I have been taking for the last few years are packed like sardines. There are no empty seats in coach. Yes, I fly coach! I am a peasant. Oh yeah, United does give me two club passes every year – so that is good. I took a nap in the Houston United Club while waiting for my final flight back home.

My question to you guys is: is this the way to treat a customer? I don't think so. By the way, this reminds me of that George Clooney movie,"Up in the Air." Wasn't Clooney a ten million frequent flyer miles member? Talk about perks.

Sky Ryder
07-20-12, 02:13
My question to you guys is: is this the way to treat a customer? I don't think so. By the way, this reminds me of that George Clooney movie,"Up in the Air." Wasn't Clooney a ten million frequent flyer miles member? Talk about perks.Natty,

Trust me when I tell you that I am not one of the elite members, I am on the other end of the equation. To answer your question, no it is not the best way to treat a customer if you are talking generating loyalty, etc. It is the way to treat a customer from a revenue generating view. I have to admit, I don't understand the "value" of making someone change airplanes three times, it seems counterproductive to me, but I suspect that was the way the computer looked at how to get you back with the least amount of negative revenue impact. Since you are traveling for "free" (not really since you had to pay to earn those miles) , a lot of other considerations are not so important.

As far as no empty seats, well everytime an airplane takes off with an empty seat, it is revenue lost. The airlines have trimmed their route systems to eliminate "empties" as much as possible, and those that didn't or couldn't don't exist anymore. A few airlines have tried a different way, by putting fewer seats, with more room, but they are all gone because they couldn't charge enough for the service to be profitable.

The truth is that traveling by air these days is nothing more than "public transportation", unless you can afford to travel in biz or first class. And who can afford that.

BionicMan
07-20-12, 05:55
Sky and Bman, My question to you guys is: is this the way to treat a customer? I don't think so. By the way, this reminds me of that George Clooney movie,"Up in the Air." Wasn't Clooney a ten million frequent flyer miles member? Talk about perks.Spending miles on free flights is a pain, I agree. The same is on upgrades. BUT my strategy is to upgrade only on half leg and the other half pay for the class. This works. I admit, I fly business on any oversaeas flight, including my private ones. Nevertheless I succeed to have some business flight fully free. Depends on routes and period. I also admit that, being european I can live without the US airlines. I have banned United from my flights since they let me down quite a few times on treatment and upgrades. My personal revenge. And with no offence for anybody in general United sucks. One need to find his ways. Nevertheless gone asre the times when, being a frequent flyer, even if upgrades were already possible with the miles, I used to get 50% of my overseas flight with a last minute upgrade at the gate, just by asking nicely ot the agent, without spending a mile. The best way to send a message to an airline (or to any serviec) is stopping to use them. They might not ntoice your individual absence, but drop by drop, when they see a reduction of passsengers, and other comeptitors are not, maybe, I repeat maybe, somebody might notice and wonder. Pointing out the low's in questionnaires (when they do them) helps too as usually those answers are always quite postiive, so as soon as you drop down a judgement that is below average wakes some sleeping dog.

Altered Ego
07-20-12, 20:06
Hi Natty

Many thanks for your response. I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you feel like letting us all know what the place is like when you get there that would be good too.

And if anyone else has an opinion of the place that would be most welcome as well.

Since there is construction going on next door to the Admiral Premier, my favorite suites hotel, I decided to move to the other side of Sukhumvit and try out the Marriott Exec Sukhumvit Park Apartments for a few days. The rooms are large and I like that because it allows me to entertain my girls before we get down to the main event. In addition, I don't mind earning a lot of Marriott Reward points for staying there.

The Marriott Soi 24 Park Apartments may not be as convenient as the Soi 23 Admiral Premier or the Grand Millennium on Asok for hitting Soi Cowboy every night, but I am really looking forward to staying at the new Soi 24 location because of its proximity to the best oily massage joints in BKK. I figure I will be walking past these little hotbeds of action many times each day and I know I will avail myself of their services more than I usually do. Change is good.

Based on my research, the Marriott Exec Sukhumvit Park Apartments is GF. My source is Sukhumvit Psycho. Just Google Girl friendly plus the hotel name.

Luvpuss
07-20-12, 23:54
I stayed bang opposite Phachara at the Dynasty Grande on soi 6 for 5 nights toward the end of June. It's a great hotel. Cheaper and I wouldn't hesitate one bit staying there again even though it may not be at the very next one simply because I'd like to try something different. Just make sure you chose the 'Grande Deluxe' rooms rather than just the Deluxe because there is quite the difference (I tried the deluxe for a night).40sq. Meters, flat screen, dvd player for the porn, great house keeping, great bathrooms with high quality fixtures and no pressure problems at all, and one of the best, largest gyms I've seen at any hotel thus far with what smelt like fresh new equipment. It was a pleasure working out there. In fact I may go back simply for the gym. I couldn't get it any cheaper than USD 70 / night, but that still saved me over a 1000 baht a night by not staying at the Phachara and they were the nicest and quickest in responding to me when I was shooting out emails to over 2 dozen hotels to enquire about their guest friendliness. Walking distance to soi 4 on your left and the sky train and some nice eating places on the perpendicular sois to the right. Oh and by the way, even though its a 3 minute walking distance to the entertainment, the rooms were quiet and the sleeping sound.I don't know where you are searching your hotels. I just searched Booking. Com for 3 nights in August at both hotels. Phachara Suites is $225. 00. 3 nights at Dynasty is $216. 00.

So for 9 dollars more, you get a nice kitchette and bigger room.

I also like the Dynasty Grande. But Phachara is a better deal I believe.

Not 1k a night more like you claim.

To each their own though.

Payu
07-22-12, 13:15
I don't know where you are searching your hotels. I just searched Booking. Com for 3 nights in August at both hotels. Phachara Suites is $225. 00. 3 nights at Dynasty is $216. 00.

So for 9 dollars more, you get a nice kitchette and bigger room.

I also like the Dynasty Grande. But Phachara is a better deal I believe.

Not 1k a night more like you claim.

To each their own though.Booked once Patchara, but saw then, that I have to pay a hefty rate for the internet addittionally! That was a killer and I canceled the booking, even when this cost me 20 bucks.

Could you verify the addittional internet rate by own expirience? Would be tempted if that wasnt additionally.

Sainter21
07-23-12, 02:21
Booked once Patchara, but saw then, that I have to pay a hefty rate for the internet addittionally! That was a killer and I canceled the booking, even when this cost me 20 bucks.

Could you verify the addittional internet rate by own expirience? Would be tempted if that wasnt additionally.Strange. I've stayed there twice previously (booked through Agoda) and in room wi-fi was complimentary.

May be worth emailing them to clarify.

Romannico
07-24-12, 17:23
Strange. I've stayed there twice previously (booked through Agoda) and in room wi-fi was complimentary.

May be worth emailing them to clarify.Internet is included. Or not. Depending on the rate and the room type you choose.

You can get the info directly on their website.

I stayed there 3 times in the past, booked a one bedroom exectutive room each time well in advance, and got free internet.

However, the "included" internet is a 1MB connection that is shared between ALL the guests who get free internet. It can therefore be quite slow at times when the hotel in packed (mornings, evenings.).

If you want your own 1mb feed, you have to pay extra (which I've never tried)

Somewhere15
07-26-12, 09:10
Strange. I've stayed there twice previously (booked through Agoda) and in room wi-fi was complimentary.

May be worth emailing them to clarify.Phachara Suite is trying to make some extra $$$$

I have spend at least 150 nights during October 2010 and December 2011. Stayed in a 60 sqm deluxe whatever room and had a fixed price for full 2011.

A while ago I tried to book again (for 4 till 5 weeks) and they gave a first a 30% higher price and after some emailing they stayed with a 15% higher price than I had paid last year (without any explanation why they needed that higher price).

On the end I booked with Grand Mercure / Soi 19 where I get a 95 sqm room for a same price as Phachara. Not so close to the action but. Very quite and convinient.

Rocky Horror
07-28-12, 21:19
Couldn't find any info for On8. Has anyone stayed? GF? Hows the wifi, breakfast, and are they clean?

Thanks!

Allover
07-29-12, 18:01
Rocky, I've never stayed there but visited a few months ago. It is girl friendly and very clean and very modern. The front door to the hotel is 10 steps from the escalator leading up to the Nana skytrain station. Very nice in the Bangkok heat. If you like Nana Plaza I would call this perhaps the best location in Bangkok. They also have connecting rooms if you are traveling with a wingman.

The only thing I didn't like about the room that I saw was the frosted outside windows. They are probably frosted because there is no view. I'm not sur eif the windows open or not.

If you don't mind the window issue I'm guessing this would be an exellent choice due to it's location alone.

Pulse
07-30-12, 10:59
Hi,

Any views on how gf this hotel is now? This was my first hotel in BKK back on 09/11 but I have memories of them charging a stupid joiner fee even for a room booked as a double.

Thanks!

Rocky Horror
07-31-12, 02:08
Rocky, I've never stayed there but visited a few months ago. It is girl friendly and very clean and very modern. The front door to the hotel is 10 steps from the escalator leading up to the Nana skytrain station. Very nice in the Bangkok heat. If you like Nana Plaza I would call this perhaps the best location in Bangkok. They also have connecting rooms if you are traveling with a wingman.

The only thing I didn't like about the room that I saw was the frosted outside windows. They are probably frosted because there is no view. I'm not sur eif the windows open or not.

If you don't mind the window issue I'm guessing this would be an exellent choice due to it's location alone.I'm thinking about a half-maxim inn, half-on8 stay for my first in BKK. With all the info I've received I will try and reciprocate with a detailed travel report.

Crazy4Thai
08-03-12, 07:15
not for the guys who have to have the best of the best – for the guys who want reasonable space, comfort, amenities and location at a fair price.

le fenix – this has been my go to hotel for the last couple of years. i went this time and the wear and tear is becoming noticeable. i wonder what strategy an owner would have for dealing with the inevitable wear? still, the rooms are a good size, with no issues with hot water or pressure, the location works ok and i do use the tuk tuk service if i'm heading towards asoke or soi cowboy. if i'm going to soi 4 i'll grab a meter taxi and he goes the back way and comes out on soi 3 then zips down to sukhumvit for 35 baht. anyway, you can almost always find le fenix on wotif. com as a mystery deal for about 1, 100 to 1, 300 baht. it's the one that says 'one minute walk to q bar'. the staff there is professional with no bad attitudes and helpful.

i've also been using wotif for a couple of years – where is that barko guy anyway? i thought that i had read a clue in this hotels thread that said 'shhh – it's a 4. 5 star. '. this supposedly leads to the mystery deal that is the new soi 11 property, aloft. for 1800 baht, i'm in! i booked that 'shhh' clue and it's the dream hotel on soi 15, not aloft. i was disappointed in that result but what can you do? i was booked in there for 3 days. it is a nice hotel. i'm no expert but i doubt that it's 4. 5 stars. the room was nice, but small. the breakfast buffet is good if that's important to you. the internet connection is a choice of lan cable or wi-fi. i used the lan and was happy. the location is good with an easy walk to the asoke bts, etc. the annoyance at dream is the lack of sound proofing between rooms and imo, the desk staff is a bit snooty.

from my window at dream i could see kingston suites just down the soi. i previously stayed there on a mystery deal for 1500 baht and thought it was a better room than at dream. the room was bigger, quieter, less glitzy but nice. in the past i was able to decipher the mystery deal that put me into kingston suites on soi 15 for 1500 baht. i followed the same mystery deal phrasing at a 1400 baht price and ended up in the bel aire princess on soi 5. i'm writing from there right now and i'm happier here for 1400 than i was at dream for 1800. the room is much bigger, quiet and comfortable even if slightly worn. there is really nothing wrong with it, it's just not new. i can have breakfast at foodland for 60 baht and easily walk to all of the nana area. they are gf as long as you book for 2 people.

so i might ditch wotif and start using wego, recommended by nicfrenchy, where there are no mystery deals. i did chase a deal for aloft on there but never could get it for the advertised 1999+++. maybe i was not booking far enough in advance.

i peeked in at the gulliver's tavern hotel as i walk past it every day and it looks quite inviting. they want 2, 800 per night as a walk in rate. i looked at some reviews that made it seem questionable and as a cheap charlie, i don't need to spend 2, 800 to be comfortable in a room.

c4t

The Pro
08-03-12, 09:01
not for the guys who have to have the best of the best – for the guys who want reasonable space, comfort, amenities and location at a fair price.

le fenix – this has been my go to hotel for the last couple of years. i went this time and the wear and tear is becoming noticeable. i wonder what strategy an owner would have for dealing with the inevitable wear? still, the rooms are a good size, with no issues with hot water or pressure, the location works ok and i do use the tuk tuk service if i'm heading towards asoke or soi cowboy. if i'm going to soi 4 i'll grab a meter taxi and he goes the back way and comes out on soi 3 then zips down to sukhumvit for 35 baht. anyway, you can almost always find le fenix on wotif. com as a mystery deal for about 1, 100 to 1, 300 baht. it's the one that says 'one minute walk to q bar'. the staff there is professional with no bad attitudes and helpful.

i've also been using wotif for a couple of years – where is that barko guy anyway? i thought that i had read a clue in this hotels thread that said 'shhh – it's a 4. 5 star. '. this supposedly leads to the mystery deal that is the new soi 11 property, aloft. for 1800 baht, i'm in! i booked that 'shhh' clue and it's the dream hotel on soi 15, not aloft. i was disappointed in that result but what can you do? i was booked in there for 3 days. it is a nice hotel. i'm no expert but i doubt that it's 4. 5 stars. the room was nice, but small. the breakfast buffet is good if that's important to you. the internet connection is a choice of lan cable or wi-fi. i used the lan and was happy. the location is good with an easy walk to the asoke bts, etc. the annoyance at dream is the lack of sound proofing between rooms and imo, the desk staff is a bit snooty.

from my window at dream i could see kingston suites just down the soi. i previously stayed there on a mystery deal for 1500 baht and thought it was a better room than at dream. the room was bigger, quieter, less glitzy but nice. in the past i was able to decipher the mystery deal that put me into kingston suites on soi 15 for 1500 baht. i followed the same mystery deal phrasing at a 1400 baht price and ended up in the bel aire princess on soi 5. i'm writing from there right now and i'm happier here for 1400 than i was at dream for 1800. the room is much bigger, quiet and comfortable even if slightly worn. there is really nothing wrong with it, it's just not new. i can have breakfast at foodland for 60 baht and easily walk to all of the nana area. they are gf as long as you book for 2 people.

so i might ditch wotif and start using wego, recommended by nicfrenchy, where there are no mystery deals. i did chase a deal for aloft on there but never could get it for the advertised 1999+++. maybe i was not booking far enough in advance.

i peeked in at the gulliver's tavern hotel as i walk past it every day and it looks quite inviting. they want 2, 800 per night as a walk in rate. i looked at some reviews that made it seem questionable and as a cheap charlie, i don't need to spend 2, 800 to be comfortable in a room.

c4tthis is aloft hotel on soi 11.

presently 1899 baht a night.

www.wotif.com/hotel/view?hotel=m25208

The Pro
08-03-12, 09:02

c4tthis is aloft hotel on soi 11.

presently 1899 baht a night net (no +++)

www.wotif.com/hotel/view?hotel=m25208

BionicMan
08-03-12, 18:01
This is Aloft Hotel on Soi 11. Presently 1899 baht a night.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M25208As a Pro you should know that it is not necessary to quote a long message and it can be edited.

NicFrenchy
08-04-12, 14:33
As a Pro you should know that it is not necessary to quote a long message and it can be edited.Let him, he's a nut. He even posted it twice in case we did not understand the first time. What a Douche.

Wenzman
08-05-12, 13:45
Hi,

I just got the result from my Mystery Room booking on Latestays. It is the Rembrandt Hotel in Bangkok. As I read here it is not very Girlfriendly. Good luck I booked a double room for two persons. The problem is I can't cancel the booking.

I wrote a E-Mail at Latestays, that I'm not willing to pay an additional joiner fee, but got no answer jet.

What are you guys thinking should I do?

Wenzman

Jgm005
08-05-12, 18:54
Barko sure was in the know in the WOTIF mystery deals and other aspects of BKK hotels. He saved me a ton of money. Wish I knew what happened. He was a very informative poster here.

SNIPPED.

I've also been using wotif for a couple of years – where IS that Barko guy anyway?

SNIPPED C4T

The Pro
08-06-12, 03:47
Hi,

I just got the result from my Mystery Room booking on Latestays. It is the Rembrandt Hotel in Bangkok. As I read here it is not very Girlfriendly. Good luck I booked a double room for two persons. The problem is I can't cancel the booking.

I wrote a E-Mail at Latestays, that I'm not willing to pay an additional joiner fee, but got no answer jet.

WenzmanIf you have booked a double room its not a problem. But do not try to take 2 girls in with you. If the hotel staff give you any hassle just explain you have booked a double room, if they still give you hassle call the manager. A lot of the time its not the hotel, its the security staff trying to earn some "tea money".

Aloft Hotel Soi 11 under mystery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M25208

Dream Hotel Soi 15 under mystery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Phachara Suites Sukhumvit under mystery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M22447

Rembrandt under the mystery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M27207

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok under mysery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M17107

Bel-Aire Princess Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 5 under the mystery deal www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141

Etc.

Crazy4Thai
08-06-12, 05:04
SNIP.

Aloft Hotel Soi 11 under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M25208

Dream Hotel Soi 15 under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Phachara Suites Sukhumvit under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M22447

Rembrandt under the mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M27207

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok under mysery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M17107

Bel-Aire Princess Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 5 under the mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141

Etc.Well looky here! A new "Barko"! Well done!

Can we trouble you for this any time? Or figure it out for ourselves?

Anyway, Thanks!

Chill Out
08-06-12, 11:57
Yes, Barko is really missed, I hope he'll come back. It's easy to find out about the secret deals with a bit of googling, but his other posts were great too.

AussieDoug
08-06-12, 12:04
Hi,

WenzmanOnly had this once with a wotif hotel, did not argue, said ok, but give me a bill and I will take it up with wotif, they shit themselves and no more was said.

Erich711
08-08-12, 06:34
Hey Folks,

Any word whether the Banyan has in-room massage and any recommendations? Saw Annie's and Tulip write ups.

Thanks in advance

Alpanico
08-19-12, 21:05
Anyone stayed at (or seen) the premier studio at the Omni Towers on Soi 4? I know thier premier 1 bed room suite is nice but not too sure about the premier studio. The hotel claims it to be recently renovated like all other premier suites they have though there are no pictures of premeir studio on their website. The direct prices are around $44 a day which is quite reasonble.

Regards,

A

FlyingVisitor
08-20-12, 12:17
In the past I always stayed in Sukhumvit area-

Now, have been offered TAWANA Hotel in Suriwongse.

Anybody with own experience at that place?

Is it girl friendly?

Thanks and regards.

FV

Gaolei
08-21-12, 01:48
It has been a long time since I stayed at the Tawana. It is a very nice hotel, good breakfast. It used to be a Ramada. It is nearly across the street from Patpong. I think it is good value for the money.

During the Ramada days they charged a little friends fee. I think it was 500 to 1000 Bt. Now that it is out of the Ramada franchise, maybe it is more guest friendly. The best way to find out is send an email and ask. All hotels will tell you.

Hatguy
08-21-12, 02:58
Last time in BKK I stayed at a more upmarket place in the Windsor Suites. This time, I listened to my mate who is a veteran of BKK, and got in touch with Honey hotel on Soi 19. They have several different types of rooms. See attached file for the rates etc. (and no I don't work for them!)

I took the basic 800 baht room which is on the ground floor behind the car park. You would think this would be noisy. It just isn't. On the contrary its a very quiet place and sleeping was no problem. And when you have a wobbly leg, its always easier to just grab your key and go straight into your room without negotiating stairs!

This hotel does NOT have a website. They have a generic email address only and a telephone number. See the file. But the staff are very good. I got the room I wanted and confirmation fairly quickly.

I had a problem with a guest which they took care of. Very professional. I won't go into details but they kept her out of my room when I asked them to. On a more positive note, the restaurants food there is pretty good. And cheap too. I would have to recommend it.

Directions: Go to Robinson department store. While facing the entrance you should turn right and then there will be a street to your left. This is Soi 19. Walk down there past the convenience stores etc until you see a big sign HONEY on the left. Its about 5 mins down the soi.

I would give them a 7 out of 10. For what it is this is a good hotel IMHO. But don't expect 3 star or 4 star rooms / service. Its a basic place to stay.
From the hotel its about 5 mins walk to Soi Cowboy and one train stop to Nana. There's always motorcycle taxi blokes up near Sukhumvit that will take you to Nana for 50-60 baht. I only did it once. Cheaper by train!

Mua Tur
08-21-12, 14:19
Last time in BKK I stayed at a more upmarket place in the Windsor Suites. This time, I listened to my mate who is a veteran of BKK, and got in touch with Honey hotel on Soi 19. They have several different types of rooms. See attached file for the rates etc. (and no I don't work for them!)

-

This hotel does NOT have a website. They have a generic email address only and a telephone number. See the file. But the staff are very good. I got the room I wanted and confirmation fairly quickly.

-

-

I would give them a 7 out of 10. For what it is this is a good hotel IMHO. But don't expect 3 star or 4 star rooms / service. Its a basic place to stay.

From the hotel its about 5 mins walk to Soi Cowboy and one train stop to Nana. There's always motorcycle taxi blokes up near Sukhumvit that will take you to Nana for 50-60 baht. I only did it once. Cheaper by train!Honey Hotel? Don't be confused with Honey house hotel in soi 22. They have two hotels in same soi, honey house 1 & 2. I have stayed in Honey house 1 for 2 days. Paid same 800bht for a basic room. It's my worst stay ever for BKK. Very much tiny room on 1st floor with wooden floor. Narrow passage for the line of face to face rooms. Any one walk through the passage, if his room is in the end, undoubtedly he is announcing he has been brought his girl because of the noise of her / his shoes on the wooden floor. Suddenly you will woke up or will stop your waist moving in your room when you hear this crunchy sound in midnight or end of night or in the start of the night too.

Annoying? I was lucky for that stay because of my room is just the start. And was not in need to bring girls from outside. Was unlucky enough to seeing each time the chewing face of my TGF for the girls / guests strolling through the passage.

What a wrong selection it was.

Jlol4321
08-21-12, 20:49
Following some comments on this site, I booked in at Livingstones for a couple of nights. Made the mistake of going to their girlie bar at the back, and taking one of their girls. BF was 1000, but then her drink was also 1000. Fortunately she performed really well, but it was probably double what it should have been. Certainly should have gone outside. The cobwebs in the shower were a bit off putting as well. Would not repeat a stay there.

Giotto
08-22-12, 16:29
Following some comments on this site, I booked in at Livingstones for a couple of nights. Made the mistake of going to their girlie bar at the back, and taking one of their girls. BF was 1000, but then her drink was also 1000. Fortunately she performed really well, but it was probably double what it should have been. Certainly should have gone outside. The cobwebs in the shower were a bit off putting as well. Would not repeat a stay there.Jlol4321,

1 drink for THB 1, 000. 00?

Giotto
http://www.livingstoneslodge.com

Member #4351
08-22-12, 17:09
Jlol4321, you would have more legitimacy and be less likely viewed as a cheapskate if you could manage the $19. 95 ISG membership fee.

BionicMan
08-22-12, 21:04
Following some comments on this site, I booked in at Livingstones for a couple of nights. Made the mistake of going to their girlie bar at the back, and taking one of their girls. BF was 1000, but then her drink was also 1000. Fortunately she performed really well, but it was probably double what it should have been. Certainly should have gone outside. The cobwebs in the shower were a bit off putting as well. Would not repeat a stay there.Been at LL and never paid a single LD 1000. It is a bit more expensive than your drink, it is more watered than anything else, but definitely not 1000b. As you paid BF of 1000b, it means you took the girl after a late hour (11pm if I am not mistaken). Are you sure you did not spend the evening time till lower BF is enforced by. Offering a few LD to the girl and summing up to 1000b?

Luvpuss
08-22-12, 21:37
Hey Folks,

Any word whether the Banyan has in-room massage and any recommendations? Saw Annie's and Tulip write ups.

Thanks in advanceWhat are you asking? If the hotel provides such a service?

If you are asking if you can have a girl from outside come in, I personally have never had a problem with it.

Even if the hotel is not "GF" if the girl has I'd and works for an massage establishment, I have never had them turned away.

Just tell them you hurt your back and you need some therapy.

NicFrenchy
08-23-12, 01:09
Following some comments on this site, I booked in at Livingstones for a couple of nights. Made the mistake of going to their girlie bar at the back, and taking one of their girls. BF was 1000, but then her drink was also 1000. Fortunately she performed really well, but it was probably double what it should have been. Certainly should have gone outside. The cobwebs in the shower were a bit off putting as well. Would not repeat a stay there.Wait, you go to a bar, Barfine a girl for 1, 000, then buy her a drink and get charged 1, 000 for that drink? And you don't say anything? (and you only bought a drink for the girl, not yourself?)

Any adult would have asked for the menu or would ask questions. What good does it do to shut up and pay the 1, 000 thb drink in the bar and then go on to a forum and complain about getting ripped off? Especially in a place where everyone knows here the owner is a honest person?

I think you misunderstood the prices. You probably paid more than 1, 000 for the BF and a lot less for the Drinks.

Jlol4321
08-23-12, 01:29
Been at LL and never paid a single LD 1000. It is a bit more expensive than your drink, it is more watered than anything else, but definitely not 1000b. As you paid BF of 1000b, it means you took the girl after a late hour (11pm if I am not mistaken). Are you sure you did not spend the evening time till lower BF is enforced by. Offering a few LD to the girl and summing up to 1000b?Yes, it was about 11 or later, but it was one LD. I queried and protested, but they wouldn't budge. I'm glad others don't have that experience, maybe they took advantage of a newbie.

Giotto
08-23-12, 06:27
Guys,

Slowly!

There are two issues Jlol4321 is mentioning: The THB 1,000.00 drink and the cobwebs in the shower.

I think the THB 1,000.00 drink is a misunderstanding, there were some more drinks, and Jlol4321 thought that Livingstone's is quite expensive. That's a "relative" impression everybody can have. If I compare the beer prices here and in Soi Cowboy we are definitely much cheaper.

Lady drinks are THB 150,00 ++ = THB 177,00, and THB 60,00 of that goes to the girl, for the time she sits with you and talks or plays pool. Those girls are working and need to make money. Many customer don't understand that concept, come in, sit and talk to a girl and not even buy a drink. And then they expect the girl to be happy. I can assure those customers: No, the girls are not happy then, and very fast you get a reputation as "Cheap Charly". The girls will then move away once you come into the bar.

The cobwebs in the shower are a bigger problem for me, and I apologize to Jlol4321 for that. This should never happen.

The reason for that is most likely quite simple: We had the lowest ever room occupancy during the time this customer was here, and some rooms were not used for days / weeks. If then a customer checks in without that room being inspected before something like this happens. For me a wake-up call that we have to implement a system to avoid that problem. And. On our checklist "check on cobwebs in the shower" was missing. Until today. Today this was added to our room check form!

What I don't understand - I AM HERE AT LIVINGSTONE'S ALL THE TIME. Why do I have to read about this problem in the Internet, why can I not get the information in the moment when the problem occurs, that I can fix it and make it up to the customer? Clean things up, apologize and buy the customer a dinner or give him a free upgrade to a higher room category? Instead - the outcome negative for all participants: An unhappy customer, not willing to return, a nasty report in the internet. Please, guys, if there are any problems, TALK TO ME WHEN YOU ARE HERE, AND WHEN THE PROBLEMS ARE POPPING UP. There will always be some problems, nothing is perfect here!

Jlol4321, sorry again, come at least over here when you are in Bangkok next time, that I can buy you a beer and apologize in person.

Giotto

Duniawala
08-23-12, 07:21
Guys,

Slowly!

There are two issues Jlol4321 is mentioning: The THB 1, 000. 00 drink and the cobwebs in the shower.

I think the THB 1, 000. 00 drink is a misunderstanding, there were some more drinks, and Jlol4321 thought that Livingstone's is quite expensive. That's a "relative" impression everybody can have. If I compare the beer prices here and in Soi Cowboy we are definitely much cheaper. .

Jlol4321, sorry again, come at least over here when you are in Bangkok next time, that I can buy you a beer and apologize in person.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstoneslodge.comDr, G. No need to apologise. Well maybe a little for the cobwebs (though it may be that he shed a lot and mistook his pubic hair for cobwebs). However, this person is jerk of the first order. He is a cheap charlie psycho and is not worth it. No matter where he stays he will have issues. You are a good man, charlie brown.

NicFrenchy
08-23-12, 11:13
Those girls are working and need to make money. Many customer don't understand that concept, come in, sit and talk to a girl and not even buy a drink. And then they expect the girl to be happy. I can assure those customers: No, the girls are not happy then, and very fast you get a reputation as "Cheap Charly". The girls will then move away once you come into the bar.Now I understand why all the girls move away when I come in. You BESTARD should have told me that before instead of letting me find out on the internet

NicFrenchy
08-23-12, 11:23
L'Opera is one of the best Italian restaurants in Bangkok. It has authentic Italian cuisine, but not 'cucina' style but more the established upper class business style. Dress well if you go there.

It is located in Soi 39, half way through when you come from Sukhumvit, in a corner building. The road turns left there.

From Soi 33 (Livingstone's) you walk up the road and turn right at the end. After 300 m. You find the restaurant on the right hand side.

You usually need to call and reserve a table before you go there, otherwise you will have to wait for at least one hour. If somebody needs the phone number. PM.

The Management.

Livingstone's Lodge Co, Ltd.

www.livingstones.co.thI always knew Austrians had no Taste! Mr Kurt Wagner, go buy yourself a CLUE

Giotto
08-23-12, 11:30
I always knew Austrians had no Taste! Mr Kurt Wagner, go buy yourself a CLUEFroggy,

That report is dated 01.04.2008, written by the Management. I would not recommend l'Opera.

Giotto

Giotto
08-23-12, 11:58
Now I understand why all the girls move away when I come in. You BESTARD should have told me that before instead of letting me find out on the internetFroggy,

Nahh, the reason that they move away when you come in is your preference for Livingstone's and Auntie Guido's sausage[s]!!! They all know that you play in the male league.

Giotto

Giotto
08-24-12, 21:53
Guys,

It is time for a change, and I made the change today. Enough is enough!

Background of this report is an E-Mail conversation with a fellow monger who referred to our THB 1, 500. 00 ++ per room discount rate and asked, whether his friend (not ISG member) could book a room to this rate, too. His friend is not ISG member. So usually he cannot. Of course not. This is the ISG.

I compromised, I understood his dilemma. So I agreed to give the same room rate to his friend.

More PMs were coming in. Suddenly Agoda and TripAdvisor was mentioned. A free airport pick-up and drop!

OK, guys, we offer airport pick-up and -drop, but it is NOT FREE. We always recommend to take a taxi, because this is much cheaper as if we arrange a transport via limousine and driver.

I decided to answer very clearly - in a way a real polite hotelier would never answer. Nevertheless, I did, I am an asshole, and I had enough. Here the text of the mail I sent to the customer:

OK,

Let's put the cards on the table.

I am sick and tired of cheap charlies taking advantage of discounts, and then always try to get more and more.

That's exactly what you did. Your friend first, then the airport pick up.

The ISG discount is of course ONLY for ISG members, and that is very clear. It is connected to writing a report, and your friend and partner is not an ISG member. And. You need to be able to receive PMs, you are, your friend is not. He is very clearly NOT entitled to get the discount. You know all that.

So- WHY DID YOU ASK FOR It?

We are running a business here. We need people here who spend money.

We are not in business to support cheap charlies! THere are so many cheap hotels in Bangkok. Just book one of those! In my POV the discount concept is completely wrong and brings the wrong people in here.

I will leave for Singapore tomorrow. So we will not meet. Good. I am so entirely fucked up with this discussion, I really need a break.

If you want to cancel - Ok.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Guys, here is what we offer:

Livingstone's Lodge: An Oasis in the Heart of Bangkok

- Space and ambiance around the pool in a resort style boutique hotel.

- Western Management. We get things done.

- Central location. 400 m to the Skytrain.

- Broadband WiFi internet access everywhere on the premises, additionally cable internet connection in the rooms. FREE.

- All-Day breakfast

For Bangkok rookies - I am usually staying here at Livingstone's, give advice and introductions into the Bangkok night life, and sometimes we organize Giotto's Night Tour. Some ISG members will most likely remember this tours.

The THB 1, 500. 00 ++ room rate discount is running out in the next months. There will be NO MORE ISG DISCOUNT after this.

Discounts will be given to RETURNING CUSTOMERS who E-Mail directly to me, and we then make a deal. All other discounts are then history.

Giotto

BionicMan
08-24-12, 22:03
Guys,

It is time for a change, and I made the change today. Enough is enough!

Discounts will be given to RETURNING CUSTOMERS who E-Mail directly to me, and we then make a deal. All other discounts are then history.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstoneslodge.comI don't think loosing that customer LL will loose a lot of revenues. Probably saves a lot of headaches.

Enjoy SIN and before you leave it, don't forget to turn the lights on, much needed soon.

NicFrenchy
08-25-12, 04:32
I will leave for Singapore tomorrow.Good. Can you stay there? Like, for good? LOL

V Lenin
08-26-12, 14:40
Can anyone confirm the reports I hear that Soi 13 has taken a very dodgy turn, with groups of Africans at the top of the Soi, being a menacing presence, or actually harrassing / threatening people? I'm due to stay on soi 13 in Mid September, last time I was there there were no problems at all!

Fast Eddie 48
08-27-12, 22:41
Can anyone confirm the reports I hear that Soi 13 has taken a very dodgy turn, with groups of Africans at the top of the Soi, being a menacing presence, or actually harrassing / threatening people? I'm due to stay on soi 13 in Mid September, last time I was there there were no problems at all!To V Lenin.

I have been going to Thailand every yr since 1995 There been more and more African and indian every yr, there are even African SW now but they never bother me that so ever and I stay at soi 13 at Citidal or the Federal hotel.

Fast Eddie 48

Luvpuss
08-28-12, 04:59
Can anyone confirm the reports I hear that Soi 13 has taken a very dodgy turn, with groups of Africans at the top of the Soi, being a menacing presence, or actually harrassing / threatening people? I'm due to stay on soi 13 in Mid September, last time I was there there were no problems at all! Yes, they are there. So what. You afraid? Do you walk like a man??

I walk by there all the time, no problems.

Probably just racists making BS rants.

If you afraid, stay someplace else.

Hatguy
08-28-12, 05:40
Honey Hotel? Don't be confused with Honey house hotel in soi 22. They have two hotels in same soi, honey house 1 & 2. I have stayed in Honey house 1 for 2 days. Paid same 800bht for a basic room. It's my worst stay ever for BKK. Very much tiny room on 1st floor with wooden floor. Narrow passage for the line of face to face rooms. Any one walk through the passage, if his room is in the end, undoubtedly he is announcing he has been brought his girl because of the noise of her / his shoes on the wooden floor. Suddenly you will woke up or will stop your waist moving in your room when you hear this crunchy sound in midnight or end of night or in the start of the night too.

Annoying? I was lucky for that stay because of my room is just the start. And was not in need to bring girls from outside. Was unlucky enough to seeing each time the chewing face of my TGF for the girls / guests strolling through the passage.

What a wrong selection it was.Sorry to change the discussion currently underway. Definitely make sure your going to Soi 19 for Honey Hotel. Sounds like the Honey house place wouldn't work for me! I think I have found my home in BKK when I visit though with the Soi 19 Honey Hotel. The only thing I should have done when I was there was PARTY MORE! LOL

V Lenin
08-28-12, 10:03
Yes, they are there. So what. You afraid? Do you walk like a man?

I walk by there all the time, no problems.

Probably just racists making BS rants.

If you afraid, stay someplace else.Chill man, it was just a question.

No, I'm not afraid or worried, just interested to see whether the word was true or not, and if so, to what extent. From the report of one guy I know, you'd reckon it Soi 13 had turned in to downtown Kinshasa.

Chill Out
08-30-12, 03:20
I checked some hotels this weekend around Huai Khwang.

The Emerald has an impressive lobby, but amenities are quite dated. Rooms are more than 4000 a night which is overpriced for what's offered.

The Swissotel Le Concorde surprised me with its prices, around 3500 a night, which is cheaper than I expected. However, the rooms are just ok, I wasn't impressed. You can find better and more central for the same price. Has anyone been in the Swissotel close to Nana? How does it compare?

Duniawala
09-02-12, 19:17
I had organised for a client to stay there for one night on his overnight stopover in Bangkok but unfortunately he checked out after an hour. The room was laced with some sort of insect and for the price a much better standard can be had elsewhere. On top of that the women have this 'Madonna' like diva attitude which is slightly confusing considering they are not even close to being pretty.

The 'boss' himself didn't seem interested in listening to the issues and subsequently my friend moved out to the Sofitel which has newly opened. That hotel was top class and I enjoyed meeting him for a drink there before taking in the delights of the Office and Cowboy!I don't think anyone is even going to take you seriously on a 3rd hand report, given your posting history.

Scorchin1470
09-02-12, 22:51
I had organised for a client to stay there for one night on his overnight stopover in Bangkok but unfortunately he checked out after an hour. The room was laced with some sort of insect and for the price a much better standard can be had elsewhere. On top of that the women have this 'Madonna' like diva attitude which is slightly confusing considering they are not even close to being pretty.

The 'boss' himself didn't seem interested in listening to the issues!I have stayed at Livingstones several times over then years. I have liked it for its convenience, its quietness and its friendly staff including Guido. However it is (I) expensive; (ii) the food was

Better before the fancy menu; (iii) there is nothing special about the WGs in the Sports bar (and the 'bar fine is high in comparison with other place) ; and (iv) Soi 33 has lost its class and has become just another scruffy night club street.

Over the years there has been minimal investment in improving the rooms which are sparse.

Bargain and you can do better elsewhere as I will in November.

NicFrenchy
09-03-12, 00:34
I don't think anyone is even going to take you seriously on a 3rd hand report, given your posting history.Agreed. He's probably the dude that asked for all the stuff for free.

RighteousMF
09-08-12, 09:15
Just booked at the Grand Millennium Bangkok. Any joiner fees, are they GF? I read one post that said they were but would like reassurance if any ISG members are in the know.

Jgm005
09-08-12, 19:54
I've stayed there a number of times and always booked for two. Never a joiner fee and I've brought in a few Soi Cowboy fems that could've won the "*" dress for the millenium.

Just booked at the Grand Millennium Bangkok. Any joiner fees, are they GF? I read one post that said they were but would like reassurance if any ISG members are in the know.

NicFrenchy
09-09-12, 02:05
You can get far better bang for your buck than Livingstones. Below average accommodation with below average girls.Have you actually been there or is that second hand information?

Mackin
09-09-12, 17:52
Please inform us of the better price, place, better looking girls and better food place. You seemed to have left that part out.

I bet Nic would like to hear that also. No, I don't personally know Nic.

Scorchin1470
09-09-12, 18:32
Please inform us of the better price, place, better looking girls and better food place. You seemed to have left that part out.

I bet Nic would like to hear that also. No, I don't personally know Nic.The main problem is that hotels wax and wane. A few years back Majestic Grande was good, now in need of a refit. I will tell you where I stayed after my next visit; I have yet to make a decision.

Soi 33 has become just like any scruffy Soi off Sukhumvit. The good but expensive 'dead artists' bars (which provided a bit of class over the bars of Nana and Soi Cowboy (albeit at a price) have been replaced with very ordinary bars and small, catering for Japanese, massage places.

You know, or should know, that L'stones is one of the very few hotels with its own brothel. Over years the quality has declined. Much better to go research Soi Cowboy.

The food when 'Mama' cooked fresh food in her cabin at the gate was great; I have only had two evening meals at Livingstones since the whole kitchen set up changed both forced on me by a downpour. Again restaurants change but the 'food barn on Soi 7 has great fish just as an example.

NicFrenchy
09-09-12, 22:22
Again restaurants change but the 'food barn on Soi 7 has great fish just as an example.Whats the food barn? I hope its not that outdoor foodcourt across from BG7. A friend took me there once. I had a horrible experience.

Luvpuss
09-10-12, 00:09
Just booked at the Grand Millennium Bangkok. Any joiner fees, are they GF? I read one post that said they were but would like reassurance if any ISG members are in the know.Sorry dude. You are an idiot. Why didn't you ask those questions before you booked it?

Monte3
09-10-12, 01:34
Again restaurants change but the 'food barn on Soi 7 has great fish just as an example.IMHO there is a place on Soi 11 Rosabieng, has an electric train in a case in the center of the downstairs dining room. Has the best Thai food in the area. One could argue this but for the money, there isn't a better meal in the area.

WhatsUrName
09-10-12, 15:57
Greetings all! I wanted to give a report on my 5 night stay at Livingstone's Lodge in Bangkok.

I had a great time in Bangkok, and staying at Livingstone's Lodge was a huge part of it. I can definitely recommend it.

The thing that really made it great for me was the friendliness and warmth of the hotel staff. It's a comparatively small, family run hotel, and has a Tiki\Hawaii type of theme. In particular, I had access to Giotto himself. Being a Bangkok rookie, I really, really appreciated his guidance on a number of Bangkok related questions. He is a very intelligent, friendly guy, and always had time to talk with me and help me plan my activities. I looked forward to morning coffee and evening beers with Giotto, often in the company of other international mongering types.

Livingstone's is not the cheapest hotel in town, nor is it the most lavish. It's true that I could have probably saved a few bucks by staying elsewhere. However, it would be hard to put a price tag on the guidance that Giotto provided. In the end, I probably saved money by listening to Giotto regarding places to avoid and how to avoid the numerous Bangkok tourist ripoffs. His stories are also worth their weight in gold.

I will definitely be back to Bangkok and Livingstone's Lodge.

Scorchin1470
09-10-12, 16:53
IMHO there is a place on Soi 11 Rosabieng, has an electric train in a case in the center of the downstairs dining room. Has the best Thai food in the area. One could argue this but for the money, there isn't a better meal in the area.Thank you for this recommendation. On my list for November.

Mackin
09-10-12, 21:03
Just a few thoughts and I will drop this subject. Food is a personal taste. I was in London a few years ago and the fish and chips they served in the restaurants left a great deal to be desired. I thought that was a speciality of England, maybe I am wrong?

Soi 33 has become more Japanese orientated. That doesn't bother me as I don't shop there except for an occasional massage. Never had a bad experience. Across from Livingstones is a straight massage place. Good prices but massage is all you will get. Many other FS places within 10 minutes walk.

The artist bars are and I assume still expensive. The only thing I want from them is a beer. Remember these are hostess bars, not go go's. As far as Livingstones goes I have always found a few to my liking in the bar. Again, never a bad experience and Mama is there to help with a problem if something arises. Try that on Cowboy or Nana. But everyone has diffferent likes. Maybe your is not like mine.

Last year the hotel was the same as it always was reguarding decor. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the meals I had were fine. I like the location as I can go any where easily. I don't need or want higher end hotels. I use the room to sleep, f*k and clean up. So it may satisfy me but not you and that is Ok. We are all different.

I too use Giotto for some up to date information as I don't live there. Even after reading ISG there are some things left out. Sometimes they interest me.

So I hope you did enjoy yourself even after your experience. After all we come to Bangkok to enjoy ourselves. I will be back at Livingstones in November and provide.

Some reports of my adventures. I expect a good time, as usual. This is not an advertisement for Livingstones. Just some fact from my point of view. Have a good day.

BadDances
09-13-12, 20:49
I am going to BKK and Patong mid oct. I was considering staying at a Hilton or Hyatt, I see an International Hilton near Nana Plaza. Has anyone had experience with that? I was thinking of Livingstones and I may still go with them just for the simplicity and knowing what you get (like McDonalds, never the best but the same as you expect). The info I see on the forums is 2 years old on any Hiltons, I just wondered if anyone has some recent experience.

Thanks in advance.

Asianatic
09-14-12, 06:25
If you have booked a double room its not a problem. But do not try to take 2 girls in with you. If the hotel staff give you any hassle just explain you have booked a double room, if they still give you hassle call the manager. A lot of the time its not the hotel, its the security staff trying to earn some "tea money".

Aloft Hotel Soi 11 under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M25208

Dream Hotel Soi 15 under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502

Phachara Suites Sukhumvit under mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M22447

Rembrandt under the mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M27207

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok under mysery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M17107

Bel-Aire Princess Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 5 under the mystery deal.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141

Etc.Great info. However, I was trying to book for Aloft, seems like they're gone out of the mystery deals.

Crazy4Thai
09-14-12, 07:02
Great info. However, I was trying to book for Aloft, seems like they're gone out of the mystery deals.Nah, they are still up but not at the link that The Pro posted because his info is great but not for weeks at a time. What I mean is that the link changes.

I'm at Aloft right now and here's the phrasing to help you find the mystery deal.

Look for the deal priced at 1899 per night, mouse over the price and the popup says "A new stylish 4. 5 star international hotel. ."

I see that today is sold out so get hot on it.

C4T

Luvpuss
09-14-12, 21:11
I am going to BKK and Patong mid oct. I was considering staying at a Hilton or Hyatt, I see an International Hilton near Nana Plaza. Has anyone had experience with that? I was thinking of Livingstones and I may still go with them just for the simplicity and knowing what you get (like McDonalds, never the best but the same as you expect). The info I see on the forums is 2 years old on any Hiltons, I just wondered if anyone has some recent experience.

Thanks in advance.Why are you choosing those hotels. Do you have points or is it business?

There are many many places with great amenities and better pricing to stay, than what you have listed.

If you want to be near Nana and you want a very quiet modern room, with flat screen, breakfast, all the amenities, Phachara Suites or Dynasty Grande are the best from my expereince. Both run about $70 a night.

Zauberfee
09-14-12, 22:14
I was considering staying at a Hilton or Hyatt, I see an International Hilton near Nana Plaza.Right now there are just 2 Hilton hotels in Bangkok: The Millenium Hilton at Thonburi side and Conrad at Thanon Wittayu. The Conrad is a nice hotel especially if you are a HHonors elite member and spend some points. Completly gf. They have a shuttle service to Ploenchit BTS station and from there it's easy to get around.

A new Hilton at Sukhumvit Soi 22 and a Doubletree at Sukhumvit Soi 26 are set to open next year in March (probably will open much later)

BadDances
09-14-12, 22:49
Why are you choosing those hotels. Do you have points or is it business?

There are many many places with great amenities and better pricing to stay, than what you have listed.

If you want to be near Nana and you want a very quiet modern room, with flat screen, breakfast, all the amenities, Phachara Suites or Dynasty Grande are the best from my expereince. Both run about $70 a night.Points, I have almost 450k points with hilton. At 30k points a night for 4 nights, for a great room and Diamond member service is probably worth it. I was concerned that they weren't GF but I will check out Dynasty Grande as well.

Non Sequitor: anyone buy suits while they are in BKK?

Levitraboner
09-15-12, 06:44
I'm thinking Dynasty Grande or majestic suites. I've been to BKK before I think I stayed at the Grand President but that sucked. Is the Dynasty Grande OK?

Thanks

Run Mann
09-15-12, 07:51
I'm thinking Dynasty Grande or majestic suites. I've been to BKK before I think I stayed at the Grand President but that sucked. Is the Dynasty Grande OK?

ThanksMore than ok, DG has been recommended by many members here, (including me) over the years and most recently in a couple of posts below.

Asianatic
09-15-12, 11:03
Nah, they are still up but not at the link that The Pro posted because his info is great but not for weeks at a time. What I mean is that the link changes.

I'm at Aloft right now and here's the phrasing to help you find the mystery deal.

Look for the deal priced at 1899 per night, mouse over the price and the popup says "A new stylish 4. 5 star international hotel."

I see that today is sold out so get hot on it.

C4TThanks brother. I want to book for my December stays. I guess its still too early a bit to book as mysterydeal. I love the Aloft.

Crazy4Thai
09-16-12, 17:26
Thanks brother. I want to book for my December stays. I guess its still too early a bit to book as mysterydeal. I love the Aloft.I do not know this for sure but it's unlikely you will find Aloft as a mystery deal in December. It's high season and they do not need to discount. Again speculating, but maybe you should see what kind of offer they have right now on their own websites and grab whatever discount you can find.

If it was me, I think the best thing about this hotel is that it is new. The room actually is a bit on the small side. I do not think the location is all that great either but I do not party on Soi 11 so much. With all the choices in Bangkok now I would not stay here for any more money than the mystery deal at 1900 baht.

Alpanico
09-16-12, 17:33

ThanksI stayed here for 5 nights and it was a pleasure. Thier 1BR premeir is huge and has every luxury. Also, has a kichen with Microwave, Refrigerator, Cooking hob where you can prepare a decent meal or just make some pop corn for the night show. Whats beats all this is thier price, I got this room for $52 / night which I think is a steal which included breakfast for 2 and free wifi. Also you get a half day complimentory tour to chose from if you want to be a tourist during the day. Get upto 2 joiners for the night and they don't blink a eye.

Breakfast is not all that great and can be missed. Also, its a little down Soi 4, may be a 5 min walk from Nana Plaza.

Attaching some pics. Sorry for the quality as its my phone cam.

Regards,

A

Luvpuss
09-16-12, 20:14
I stayed here for 5 nights and it was a pleasure. Thier 1BR premeir is
Regards,

ADoesn't look too bad. Thanks for the info.

Sainter21
09-17-12, 02:02

ThanksI can recommend Phachara Suites which is (usually) slightly cheaper and same location or The Dawin which is a little cheaper still.

Levitraboner
09-17-12, 04:13
I think I'll go for the Dynasty Grand but it would be nice if it was closer to the skytrain. If anyone has ideas of something decent very near any of the stops along sukhumvit I'd consider that too. I don't have much time to decide but I may check out the secret deals on wotif too. Thanks to all you guys who make regular contributions to this site.

Rosco4444
09-17-12, 11:40
I think I'll go for the Dynasty Grand but it would be nice if it was closer to the skytrain. If anyone has ideas of something decent very near any of the stops along sukhumvit I'd consider that too. I don't have much time to decide but I may check out the secret deals on wotif too. Thanks to all you guys who make regular contributions to this site.Try On8 in Suk Road alongside Nana skytrain. Close to all action and GF. Saves fares, waiting for rides etc etc No pool and room views but if all you want to do is drink and fuck. It is value.

Rosco

Asianatic
09-17-12, 19:03
Does someone got an idea about the link to the Grand Millenium mystery deal at Wotif please?

I am considering between the GM and the ALoft. Aloft because location, GM because it offer such a nice room.

Thank all,

A.

Stykler
09-18-12, 08:23
What I don't understand - I AM HERE AT LIVINGSTONE'S ALL THE TIME. Why do I have to read about this problem in the Internet, why can I not get the information in the moment when the problem occurs, that I can fix it and make it up to the customer?Hi G,

I have stayed at your hotel on a few occasions with a few minor problems, but nothing to get too excited about.

The problem with people complaining, is that most of us don't like to. I hear people in my industry often saying "why didn't you complain to me?". Well 1) I don't want any "perceived" friction in a holiday (or whatever) environment. 2) I might think you have bigger things to worry about, or 3) There might not be much I think you can do about it whilst I am here. These are only some of the reasons.

I guess the point I am trying to make in my round about way, is that it might be OK to offer to be accessible to fix any problems, but it can be difficult to create an environment where guests freely feel able to.

My two cents worth.

Styk.

Scorchin1470
09-18-12, 08:42
Hi G,

I guess the point I am trying to make in my round about way, is that it might be OK to offer to be accessible to fix any problems, but it can be difficult to create an environment where guests freely feel able to.

Styk.I have a slightly different view. If something is wrong my first thought is 'why the heck did the manager / staff not notice / know about the problem? ' Any well run hotel is well run because everything is monitored / managed by the staff. Why should I be manageing the hotel when I am paying for it to be managed?

One ought to need to approach management for 'extras. '. Eg, an adaptor plug for a computer lead but then a well run hotel would have those in the room.

Chilaxin
09-18-12, 13:16
I have stayed at the Majestic Grande located on 12 SoiPha Suk last time I was in Bangkok. I actually loved the hotel, good rate, close to Nana Entertainment Plaza and right next to Annie's Soapy. I am going back in November and I will probably stay there again.

My question is, can some of you that are more familiar with Bangkok recommend me a better place? I don't want to miss out on a better option.

Thanks in advance.

Scorchin1470
09-18-12, 14:18
I have stayed at the Majestic Grande located on 12 SoiPha Suk last time I was in Bangkok. I actually loved the hotel, good rate, close to Nana Entertainment Plaza and right next to Annie's Soapy. I am going back in November and I will probably stay there again.

My question is, can some of you that are more familiar with Bangkok recommend me a better place? I don't want to miss out on a better option.

Thanks in advance.I must have tried probably 10 hotels over the years in Bangkok. And, given that the Oriental (definitely not GF) was on 'expenses' I am going to be in the Majestic Grande for a couple of nights in early November and there again at the end of the month.

Giotto
09-18-12, 17:07

The problem with people complaining, is that most Of us don't like to. I hear people in my industry often saying "why didn't you complain to me?". Well 1) I don't want any "perceived" friction in a holiday (or whatever) environment. 2) I might think you have bigger things to worry about, or 3) There might not be much I think you can do about it whilst I am here. These are only some of the reasons.Stykler,

OK, accepted.

Still - we try to provide the environment that guests can come to us (management) and talk if there are problems. And I can only encourage everybody staying here: Talk to me, I am here.

I will respond to some of the reports below in the "Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok" thread. Don't want to fill this thread up with a back and forth discussion about Livingstone's Lodge. But one report describes the actual situation very reasonable, and that's why I reply to it here:

I have stayed at Livingstones several times over then years. I have liked it for its convenience, its quietness and its friendly staff including Guido. However it is (I) expensive; (ii) the food was

Better before the fancy menu; (iii) there is nothing special about the WGs in the Sports bar (and the 'bar fine is high in comparison with other place) ; and (iv) Soi 33 has lost its class and has become just another scruffy night club street.

Over the years there has been minimal investment in improving the rooms which are sparse.Scorchin1470,

You have some good points here. My comments:

1) Expensive

There is a price war ongoing right now in the hotel business in Bangkok. And there is no way that a 18 room hotel can compete with those prices. Some new hotels were opening in Soi 33. Check out S 33 hotel, new, reasonable rooms for around THB 1,000.00 ++.

I decided that we will not participate in the price war any more. People should like the space and ambiance of our place. This hotel is different, it is not one of the big concrete bunkers. And we (management) are here to take care of our guests, to arrange tours and to consult about tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping opportunities and night life. That's what you can get when you stay here - and pay our room rates. If you need it cheaper - stay somewhere else.

Furthermore - I still don't consider room rates between THB 1,800.00 and THB 3,000.00 as being expensive.

2) Food

We cut our menu to half - and took out a lot of those "fancy" dishes. We added more pasta to the international menu, steaks and hamburger as before. The Thai menu was reduced to the specialties and the fast movers we know from the past.

3) WGs

Livingstone's Lodge is a boutique hotel, not a brothel. There are girls working in our bar, as girls are working in other hotel bars in Bangkok. Some of our girls are good with customers, some are lousy (and will then not work for long here). Still - what happens between the girls and the customers is completely out of my control. AND I WILL NEVER GET INVOLVED INTO THAT.

I can give certain information to customers, based on feedbacks I get from other customers, but that is it. I will NOT tell the girls what they have to do for a customer in the room, how to perform certain techniques and how many times they have to perform. ALL THIS IS ENTIRELY A DEAL BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND GIRL.

Customers staying at our hotel do not need to take girls from our bar - of course not! There are so many bars out there, beer bars, gogo bars, discos, late night spots. Find your girl wherever you want and bring her back to the hotel room. If you find one in our bar - Ok, but this is definitely NOT what Livingstone's Lodge is all about.

4) Soi 33

I agree, Soi 33 has a lot of problems, lost a lot of customers. This has advantages and disadvantages for customers.

The advantages are, that prices have come down (beer cheaper than in Cowboy) , that in general it is a buyers market. And though there are less girls than in the years before - it is easy to find somebody now, because many bars are empty.

I personally don't like to sit in empty bars, somehow it's no fun then. I prefer a bit more action. But - for finding girls Soi 33 is still ok. For fun then later in the nights go to Mojo's - life music, many people.

In general the road redefines itself right now. And that will last for some time (same like Soi 11 some years ago). Old fashioned hostess bars are closing (Vincent, Papa, Gaugin gone, Monet merged into the Building of Dali, etc. etc. etc.). Some new Coyote bars are opening up. There is a new one, LIPS, just opened a few days ago. Rumors say that there will be RUSSIAN Coyote dancers. I will have a look soon and provide a report.

5) Investments

We invested a lot. But most of it into the wrong building. And we lost that building because a bar was moving in next to us, and it was that noisy that nobody could sleep in those 9 rooms any more.

Livingstone's Lodge now only provides 18 rooms in the old villa. All SUPERIOR ROOMS (those with the highest occupancy rate) are RIGHT NOW under renovation. All bathrooms in all rooms are renovated already. We introduced a complete new satellite system, after TRUE-Vision could not be used any more (for some reasons). All important channels are there (CNN, BLOOMBERG, HBO, ESPN, STAR SPORTS, FOX MOVIES, etc. etc.).

The most important investment was done with our new WiFi system. With the upcoming smartphones we had much more demand on bandwith and broadband internet access. We installed 6 access points, and you have real fast WiFi all over our premises. In the rooms you additionally have wired broadband access.

Our website has a new design. We try to get the central 5 messages across to our customers. Check it out:

For our friends we provide all kinds of information on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/LivingstonesLodge

Everybody is invited to like the page and become a friend, but remember: That is a facebook page, for family members as well. It is NOT the ISG. Giotto does not exist there. No comments about night life, please!

That's it - enough!

Sad that you decided to stay in another hotel this time. But such is life. I still hope that you get over here once you are in Bangkok, and we have a drink together.

Giotto

Syzygies
09-18-12, 17:58
2) Food

We cut our menu to half. And took out a lot of those "fancy" dishes. We added more pasta to the international menu, steaks and hamburger as before. The Thai menu was reduced to the specialties and the fast movers we know from the past.The menu on the website looks pretty good to me. I don't see anything important missing.

With the upgrade to the wifi, I may just make a return soon, when I am officially not in Thailand (but actually are). I hope some of the very most popular regular staff still remain. Did Miss "Turbo" (breakfast waitress) return after her break? Never saw a more efficient waitress that always knew what I wanted before I even thought of it.

NicFrenchy
09-18-12, 18:48
I have a slightly different view. If something is wrong my first thought is 'why the heck did the manager / staff not notice / know about the problem? ' Any well run hotel is well run because everything is monitored / managed by the staff. Why should I be manageing the hotel when I am paying for it to be managed?

One ought to need to approach management for 'extras. '. Eg, an adaptor plug for a computer lead but then a well run hotel would have those in the room.Are you working in the Hotel industry?

Scorchin1470
09-18-12, 22:16
Are you working in the Hotel industry?I cannot see any justification for the question but in response:

No.

BionicMan
09-19-12, 05:08
I have stayed at the Majestic Grande located on 12 SoiPha Suk last time I was in Bangkok. I actually loved the hotel, good rate, close to Nana Entertainment Plaza and right next to Annie's Soapy. I am going back in November and I will probably stay there again.My question is, can some of you that are more familiar with Bangkok recommend me a better place? I don't want to miss out on a better option.Thanks in advance.I think you found the ideal place. Depends also on your priorities in terms of higher level of rooms, price, lobby, location. I think MG fills the right boxes. Inclduing friendly and helpful staff.

BionicMan
09-19-12, 05:20
Hi G,

The problem with people complaining, is that most Of us don't like to. I hear people in my industry often saying "why didn't you complain to me?". Well 1) I don't want any "perceived" friction in a holiday (or whatever) environment. 2) I might think you have bigger things to worry about, or 3) There might not be much I think you can do about it whilst I am here. These are only some of the reasons.

I guess the point I am trying to make in my round about way, is that it might be OK to offer to be accessible to fix any problems, but it can be difficult to create an environment where guests freely feel able to. My two cents worth. Styk.I agree, it is up to the management (of whatever, be it an hotel or a restaurant or else) to monitor its activity, check if all works well. Dirty bathrooms do not have to be reported by the customer: the hotel management ahs to make sure they are always all ok. A not made up room still at 6pm has to be reported as it is clearly an unfortuante slip of the system, but even then one expects a quick check by housekeeping manager at 2pm.

I agree on the friction: I have my holidays, I do not want to start debating with hotel management if things they should know themselves.

NicFrenchy
09-19-12, 06:01
I think you found the ideal place. Depends also on your priorities in terms of higher level of rooms, price, lobby, location. I think MG fills the right boxes. Inclduing friendly and helpful staff.Wow, it's really interesting how people's opinion can differ. I just visited the Majestic Grande's website and Boy oh Boy, Welcome to the 1980s, Old Fashioned decor, CRT TVs: I would not stay there for the 2, 550 rate they are charging. No way for me.

See for yourself: http://www.majesticgrande.com/

On the other hand, at the same location, you can have a Great and Modern hotel, very sleek and comfortable for 1, 800 inc Breakfast. Espresso Machine in the Room, all the connections you need for your iphone, Ipad, laptop to project directly on the big LCD TV.

See for yourself: http://www.solohotelsresorts.com/index.html

Absolutely no comparison for me. Majestic Grande? Thanks, but no thanks.

Chilaxin
09-19-12, 12:55
Thanks for the info. I guess I got lucky and found the right place on my first visit. I will definitely be staying there when I go back.

I haven't tried the Eden Club yet and that is on my to-do list. What is the best way to get there from the Grande? Should I just cab it?

Monte3
09-19-12, 14:27
On the other hand, at the same location, you can have a Great and Modern hotel, very sleek and comfortable for 1, 800 inc Breakfast. Espresso Machine in the Room, all the connections you need for your iphone, Ipad, laptop to project directly on the big LCD TV.

See for yourself:

http://www.solohotelsresorts.com/index.html

Absolutely no comparison for me. Majestic Grande? Thanks, but no thanks.I think I just discovered a new hide out,

Thanks Nic!

Run Mann
09-19-12, 14:28
For the poster who couldn't find DG on Expedia, you can book directly from their site at.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

They are also on agoda.com but you get a slightly better rate by booking directly from the hotel as they are offering some specials right now.

Monte3
09-19-12, 14:45
Thanks for the info. I guess I got lucky and found the right place on my first visit. I will definitely be staying there when I go back.

I haven't tried the Eden Club yet and that is on my to-do list. What is the best way to get there from the Grande? Should I just cab it?Walk out of the front door, make a left and go to Sukhumvit Road. Make a right and walk about 200 yrds past a gas station and the next intersection is Soi 4 (Nana) Continue straight through the intersection past the post office and the Landmark Hotel. Down in front of the bank you'll see an elevated stair going across the road. Take it up and across. When you exit the stair well you'll be in front of Soi 7. Continue straight across the street until the next intersection, There will be a Subway sandwich shop on your left and as you look down Soi 7/1 You'll see Bangkok Beat, Star Hotel, The Eden is in that group of places on your right, about 200 meters from the Subway.

Total time walking about 7 minutes.

Luvpuss
09-19-12, 21:53
Walk out of the front door, make a left and go to Sukhumvit Road. Make a right and walk about 200 yrds past a gas station and the next intersection is Soi 4 (Nana) Continue straight through the intersection past the post office and the Landmark Hotel. Down in front of the bank you'll see an elevated stair going across the road. Take it up and across. When you exit the stair well you'll be in front of Soi 7. Continue straight across the street until the next intersection, There will be a Subway sandwich shop on your left and as you look down Soi 7/1 You'll see Bangkok Beat, Star Hotel, The Eden is in that group of places on your right, about 200 meters from the Subway.

Total time walking about 7 minutes.The best directions I think I ever read. Good job!

Luvpuss
09-19-12, 21:55
For the poster who couldn't find DG on Expedia, you can book directly from their site at.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

They are also on agoda. Com but you get a slightly better rate by booking directly from the hotel as they are offering some specials right now.I just booked it for 10 days at the end of October. You are right, I got a better deal because it includes breakfrast directly from their site.

BionicMan
09-19-12, 22:19
There will be a Subway sandwich shop on your left and .A landmark there is also the presence of a (Russian style) blonde sitting outside Subway "all the time". LOL