PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

AskeAske
08-29-14, 12:57
Try Maxxinn on soi 7/1 I beleive.It is not Maxinn, it is Maxin's Inn. http://www.maximinn.com/.

LosDing
08-29-14, 15:14
Watch out for the prices at Agoda, they are not including local taxes, which means the actual price you pay could be 17% higher than quoted.My 2 baht worth. 1. Windsor, old and need of some upkeep. My daughter used to work there and wouldn't let me stay there. 2. Ambassador, can get really loud from street noise and on site disco. Most of the hotels on Soi 11 can get loud if you are in a front room 3. Citrus no comment. The tax add on that Agoda uses is not uncommon, lots of booking sites and hotels display prices in the same manner, just check the room rate before you book. Right now I am looking at the Majestic Suites Hotel on Suk. At Soi 4. Never stayed there but getting really good reviews. May be just a touch over your budget though.

ActionOriented
08-30-14, 07:20
My 2 baht worth. 1. Windsor, old and need of some upkeep. My daughter used to work there and wouldn't let me stay there. 2. Ambassador, can get really loud from street noise and on site disco. Most of the hotels on Soi 11 can get loud if you are in a front room 3. Citrus no comment. The tax add on that Agoda uses is not uncommon, lots of booking sites and hotels display prices in the same manner, just check the room rate before you book. Right now I am looking at the Majestic Suites Hotel on Suk. At Soi 4. Never stayed there but getting really good reviews. May be just a touch over your budget though.I stayed for a day at Majestic Suites, and while the reception staff is very nice and the rooms are just OK. They aren't very big and the corridors are narrow as well. Also, something which I didn't like was a constant industrial / disinfectant smell all through the hotel and even in your room. But for the price I guess it works. Next time though I would spend 200 THB more and go back to my preferred hotel on soi 7.

LosDing
08-30-14, 08:37
I stayed for a day at Majestic Suites, and while the reception staff is very nice and the rooms are just OK. They aren't very big and the corridors are narrow as well. Also, something which I didn't like was a constant industrial / disinfectant smell all through the hotel and even in your room. But for the price I guess it works. Next time though I would spend 200 THB more and go back to my preferred hotel on soi 7.Thanks for the info, thought it sounded to good. Always plenty of other options. I used to stay at the Grand President on Soi11 but things there are just too much of a mess and very loud late at night so looking for somewhere new.

JustForFun21
08-30-14, 22:39
My 2 baht worth. 1. Windsor, old and need of some upkeep. My daughter used to work there and wouldn't let me stay there. 2. Ambassador, can get really loud from street noise and on site disco. Most of the hotels on Soi 11 can get loud if you are in a front room 3. Citrus no comment. The tax add on that Agoda uses is not uncommon, lots of booking sites and hotels display prices in the same manner, just check the room rate before you book. Right now I am looking at the Majestic Suites Hotel on Suk. At Soi 4. Never stayed there but getting really good reviews. May be just a touch over your budget though.Thanks for the inputs. I have knocked off Windsor based on your feedback. I kind of decided to stay in Soi 11 to be in the center of all the actions and my current preferences are Citadines Soi 11, Elevene Avenue and Smart Suites. All of them are in my budget and seen positive reviews. Since some of these hotels don't offer "free cancellation", I'm kind of delaying my booking (my travel is planned in October). Thanks all for your feedback.

Wolvenvacht
08-31-14, 08:56
Thanks for the inputs. I have knocked off Windsor based on your feedback. I kind of decided to stay in Soi 11 to be in the center of all the actions and my current preferences are Citadines Soi 11, Elevene Avenue and Smart Suites. All of them are in my budget and seen positive reviews. Since some of these hotels don't offer "free cancellation", I'm kind of delaying my booking (my travel is planned in October). Thanks all for your feedback.If you do your booking through booking.com for Citadines Soi 11, you will get free cancellation. And booking.com's prices are all included. No surprise when checking out and seeing your final bill.

Mcdkfcbk
09-01-14, 05:32
Thanks you all for the info. Wil be booking by this month end. Will update on the forum.

Sprokit69
09-01-14, 16:47
Planning a trip from the PI with the wife.

Looking for a decent hotel in the 1800-2000 baht range.

It's been 10 years since I've been there. Stayed at the Narai hotel on Silom. Any comments to how the Narai is now or another hotel nearby in my price range. Been looking through Agoda and Hotels.com.

Thanks for any help.

Syzygies
09-02-14, 07:51

It's been 10 years since I've been there. Stayed at the Narai hotel on Silom. Any comments to how the Narai is now or another hotel nearby in my price range. Been looking through Agoda and Hotels.com.

Thanks for any help.Many other Hotels have been recommended on this thread, particularly in Sukhumvit district. Not many of us want to stay in Silom area. Phat Phong is not generally of great interest other than curiosity value. There is Thaniya for Japanese and a special Soi for Lady Boys.

Wolvenvacht
09-02-14, 22:17

Thanks for any help.There are many 3 and 4 star hotels in that area that fit your price bracket on booking.com and have good ratings from fellow travellers.

Narai Hotel got a score of 7. 6 out of 10. There were not many general complaints other that it has gotten somewhat dated and was considered expensive for the quality it offers. There are certainly better deals to be found in the Silom area.

SeanTaboo
09-05-14, 11:58
If you plan to stay for a week or more then many apartments and condos are also available for rent and may turn out cheaper than many nice hotels.

Blago
09-07-14, 23:28
I know Adelphi Suites and Phachara Suites have washer / dryers in most rooms, but wonder if there are others as well in the Sukhumvit area. My skin is sensitive to dyes.

And perfumes in a lot of washing powers / liquids and hot humid weather aggravates the problem. Taking some detergent without either and doing my own laundry is the.

Only way I know to avoid this problem.

Thanks

Wolvenvacht
09-08-14, 06:59
I know Adelphi Suites and Phachara Suites have washer / dryers in most rooms, but wonder if there are others as well in the Sukhumvit area. My skin is sensitive to dyes.

And perfumes in a lot of washing powers / liquids and hot humid weather aggravates the problem. Taking some detergent without either and doing my own laundry is the.

ThanksCitadines 23 in Sukhumvit Soi 23 has big coin operated washers / dryers on the top floor (next to the gym and the swimming pool).

Syzygies
09-08-14, 13:04

ThanksI believe Admiral Premier has self service laundry and some rooms have washing machines. I am sure you can find out with web searches anyway.

Google Search: wotif asoke washing machine
as an example

Bunky
09-08-14, 15:05
I know Adelphi Suites and Phachara Suites have washer / dryers in most rooms, but wonder if there are others as well in the Sukhumvit area.

Shama Suites, just south of the J.W. Marriott on Soi 2. They have a washer only in the kitchen area. You can dry your clothes on a little rack out on the balcony. One note: Like many hotels, the Shama Suites has a card key system for the electricity. So you can only run the washer when you are in the room and the electricity is on. It's a trifle noisy, but nothing too bad.

Bunky

Traveler1234
09-08-14, 17:11
Not in Sukhumvit but both these places have combo washer / dryer in the room itself.

Oriental Residence Hotel on Wireless.

Centrepoint Grande, Ratchadamri (call or email Terminal 21 location to see if they have same?

Chukar
09-10-14, 02:56
Has anyone stayed at the President Palace Hotel? Is it GF? It looks like a nice hotel with big rooms at a reasonable rate.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Harley3123
09-12-14, 10:07
Has anyone stayed at the President Palace Hotel? Is it GF? It looks like a nice hotel with big rooms at a reasonable rate.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is GF. She will have to have her I'd checked in the lobby. The staff are very helpful.

Robert Long
09-12-14, 18:09

Thanks for any help.I have stayed there many times. The best breakfast buffet that I know of. Deluxe rooms are nice but the low end accommodations are just basic. They are not flexible with the rates and are usually always full. Book online and try Trivago.com.

RL.

SirWilliam4
09-13-14, 03:43

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.Yes, I've stayed there many times. Rooms are nice. Great location right in the middle of all the Soi 11 action. Definitely GF. Often they will take the girl's ID card. Good breakfast buffet.

SW4.

ADI3181
09-13-14, 12:20
Hi guys!

I am travelling solo to Bangkok in mid Oct and will be there for 2 nights. Based on RTFF I have narrowed down to (I) Ruamuchitt and (ii) Sacha's Hotel Uno. There is no much price difference between the two - 1800 TBH however Ruamuchitt has a nice location and Uno has much better rooms. My sole purpose for travelling to Bangkok is mongering and I would be bringing Fls to the hotel rooms.

If anyone has stayed at this places. Please. Advice between the two or any other place as well.

PogoStick
09-13-14, 14:07
I have stayed there many times. The best breakfast buffet that I know of. Deluxe rooms are nice but the low end accommodations are just basic. They are not flexible with the rates and are usually always full. Book online and try Trivago.com.

RL.I also stay at Narai fairly often. The main problem is they are not GF and charge a joiner fee. The Furama Silom is across the street and is often competitive in pricing to Narai with really nice rooms, almost as good of a breakfast and totally GF.

Syzygies
09-14-14, 16:01
Hi guys!

I am travelling solo to Bangkok in mid Oct and will be there for 2 nights. Based on RTFF I have narrowed down to (I) Ruamuchitt and (ii) Sacha's Hotel Uno. There is no much price difference between the two - 1800 TBH however Ruamuchitt has a nice location and Uno has much better rooms. My sole purpose for travelling to Bangkok is mongering and I would be bringing Fls to the hotel rooms.

If anyone has stayed at this places. Please. Advice between the two or any other place as well.If it was me I would take the better rooms option.

Asoke Residence close to Petchburi MRT has 85 sq. cm. Junior suite on offer for same price 1750 (wotif), or pay 1950 to include B/F. They also have cheaper normal sized rooms. This location is very quiet when no construction work going on. If you want to sleep in daytime, could be wrong choice. If was me, I would say, bugger the location and take the better room. Ruamchit would be very basic room in comparison. I get to Sukhumvit very quickly from Asoke Residence on motorbike taxi. I get to Nana Soi 4 or Soi Eden 7/1 in 5 minutes on a motorbike (route is Petchburi road plus Suk Soi 3). Same for Soi cowboy, 5 minutes. A little longer for Emporium or Soi 24/1 MPs.

Ocean Livingstone's Soi 33 currently has prices way cheaper than that although no doubt quoted before taxes (unlike wotif), for a reasonable room. Location is closer to the Sois 24/1 MPs, and still walking distance to Cowboy.

I seriously doubt that Ruamchit rooms are worth 1800, but not having stayed personally, I could be wrong. I seem to recall some complaints from some writers. Check Tripadvisor ratings. Anyway I wouldn't risk it. Sacha's Uno generally gets positive comments from memory, however expect rooms to be very small indeed.

Duniawala
09-15-14, 16:07
Hi guys!

If anyone has stayed at this places. Please. Advice between the two or any other place as well.I have stayed at the Ruamchitt many times. It is not a 5 Star but rooms are clean and nice. Some people have issues with the Thermae being downstairs, but for me it was great. Many a times when I was young and able, it was great just going down and up two to three times a night. Alas those days are gone. But apart from that, it is a great location both for mongering and shopping. There is a bar on the entry level which is a nice quiet place to have a beer and shoot pool. Have no idea about Uno. But a friend recently told me that Check Inn is quite nice.

ADI3181
09-15-14, 16:39
Oh God!

I just can't figure out where to stay. Too many options in the THB 1400 to 1800 range. Ruamuchit / Icheck Inn nana / Hotel Uno / Boss suites / Citadines 23 - I have never been to Bangkok and as I am travelling alone. I just want to have maximum fun. Mostly in my room.

Thanks Duniawala and Syzygies for your guidance. I think now I have two new choices (I) Icheck Inn nana and (ii) Citadines 23 - not much price difference.

I know this might sound annoying to some. But I still need some suggestions.

ActionOriented
09-15-14, 18:00
Oh God!

I just can't figure out where to stay. Too many options in the THB 1400 to 1800 range. Ruamuchit / Icheck Inn nana / Hotel Uno / Boss suites / Citadines 23 - I have never been to Bangkok and as I am travelling alone. I just want to have maximum fun. Mostly in my room.

Thanks Duniawala and Syzygies for your guidance. I think now I have two new choices (I) Icheck Inn nana and (ii) Citadines 23 - not much price difference.

I know this might sound annoying to some. But I still need some suggestions.Just pointing out, iCheck Inn is much cheaper than the Citadines (almost THB 500). If you are considering in the iCheck Inn budget range, I would recommend Mac Boutique / iCheck Inn / Ruamchitt (in that order).

Wolvenvacht
09-15-14, 20:03
Hi guys!

If anyone has stayed at this places. Please. Advice between the two or any other place as well.Last time I was in Bangkok I stayed at the Citypoint Hotel (http://citypointhotel.com/) at the Asoke - Sukhumvit intersection. Just cross the intersection and you are in Soi Cowboy. One stop on the Skytrain brings you to Nana.

Clean and modern rooms with a big bed. Large shower (it will easily fit you and your girl). Totally GF. Very quiet surroundings. Room prices less than 2000 baht / night including breakfast. There was even a deal for 1530 baht per night (without breakfast) on www.booking.com. In that area and for the quality of that hotel, it would be difficult to find better.

Fast Eddie 48
09-15-14, 22:34
Last time I was in Bangkok I stayed at the Citypoint Hotel (http://citypointhotel.com/) at the Asoke - Sukhumvit intersection. Just cross the intersection and you are in Soi Cowboy. One stop on the Skytrain brings you to Nana.

Clean and modern rooms with a big bed. Large shower (it will easily fit you and your girl). Totally GF. Very quiet surroundings. Room prices less than 2000 baht / night including breakfast. There was even a deal for 1530 baht per night (without breakfast) on www.booking.com. In that area and for the quality of that hotel, it would be difficult to find better.To Wolvenvacht.

I agree Citypoint is a very good vaule hotel small new place good location front of Asok station, I am planning to stay there again next month don't know why anyone want to stay at Rummuchatt for 1880 bht stay there 12 yr ago is a dump then only good thing is same bld as Themae café a good pick up place then but not anymore.

Fast eddie 48.

LA Guy 5
09-30-14, 08:56
I assume the Grand Hyatt Erawam is girl friendly. Does anyone know from experience whether it indeed is, and do they charge joiner's fees, etc. I'm Hyatt Diamond if that makes a difference. Incidentally, I wouldn't normally stay there owing to the cost (even with Diamonds points and cash) but need a few nights to qualify for Diamond next year.

And while I'm asking questions, is it a better hotel than the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit or Plaza Athenee, two Starwood properties I sometimes stay at?

Kerrstar
09-30-14, 10:33
I assume the Grand Hyatt Erawam is girl friendly. Does anyone know from experience whether it indeed is, and do they charge joiner's fees, etc. I'm Hyatt Diamond if that makes a difference. Incidentally, I wouldn't normally stay there owing to the cost (even with Diamonds points and cash) but need a few nights to qualify for Diamond next year.

And while I'm asking questions, is it a better hotel than the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit or Plaza Athenee, two Starwood properties I sometimes stay at?It should be, given that the bar in the basement, Spasso, is a high end pick-up joint. Last time I stayed I had my family with my so no hobbying for me.

You should be able to get a good rate as a Diamond member, I'm a Platinum member and got US $133++ last month. Not cheap by BKK standards but cheap compared to other cities.

Mankav512
10-01-14, 11:30
I will be in Bangkok next month. I am planning on staying at Legacy Suites, Soi 29 , Sukhumvit, Wattana.

Is this hotel girl friendly?

Can anybody suggest some similar class hotels which are girl friendly and close mongering destinations.

Wolvenvacht
10-01-14, 18:26
I will be in Bangkok next month. I am planning on staying at Legacy Suites, Soi 29 , Sukhumvit, Wattana.

Can anybody suggest some similar class hotels which are girl friendly and close mongering destinations.If you really need the extra space and kitchen, then the various Citadines hotels in Bangkok are a good value. (http://www.citadines.com).

Citadines 23 (Sukhumvit Soi 23) is closest to Soi Cowboy and there are a few others more close to Nana.

If you don't need the kitchen, Citypoint Hotel at the Sukhumvit / Asoke intersection is also very good value . (http://citypointhotel.com/). Just cross the intersection and you are in Soi Cowboy.

And of course both hotels are guestfriendly.

Mankav512
10-04-14, 10:37
If you really need the extra space and kitchen, then the various Citadines hotels in Bangkok are a good value. (http://www.citadines.com).

Citadines 23 (Sukhumvit Soi 23) is closest to Soi Cowboy and there are a few others more close to Nana.

If you don't need the kitchen, Citypoint Hotel at the Sukhumvit / Asoke intersection is also very good value . (http://citypointhotel.com/). Just cross the intersection and you are in Soi Cowboy.

And of course both hotels are guestfriendly.Thanks mate for your advise.

Are there any more options around. I am smoker so need smoking rooms preferably; if they have balconies to go out and smoke.

Of course they need to be girl friendly too.

Syzygies
10-04-14, 19:36

Can anybody suggest some similar class hotels which are girl friendly and close mongering destinations.The Grand Mercure Soi 19 has some excellent bigger rooms at a similar price normally. Wotif seems to be not offering breakfast in deals, so go to booking.com if you want B/F. There is a German pub close by that serves B/F, however I usually take the B/F in Hotel. Its quite good.

Hotel is a fairly easy walk to Soi cowboy or motor cycle through back sois to Nana Plaza. I personally don't like Nana Plaza that much.

Wolvenvacht
10-04-14, 19:42
Thanks mate for your advise.

Are there any more options around. I am smoker so need smoking rooms preferably; if they have balconies to go out and smoke.

Of course they need to be girl friendly too.I am a non-smoker so I always request a non-smoker room. They may have "smoking allowed" rooms perhaps, but I wouldn't know. If you want to make sure, send them an email.

The only thing that gets "smoked" in the room is my dick. ;)

That area of Bangkok is full of hotels. http://www.booking.com lists over 300 hotels in the Sukhumvit area.

Crazy4Thai
10-10-14, 18:41
Soi 4 budget stays. I recently booked just 2 nights at Ibis on Soi 4 just a short walk past the turnoff at soi 6. IMO the hotel is pretty conveniently located. At about 1400 baht per night it is also good value and the entire property is nonsmoking rooms. Booked through wotif that price did not include breakfast. The rooms are small but not cramped, relatively fresh and ok. My plans changed and I could have stayed longer but I decided to move because the internet service is censored and allows no connections related to sex. That really hit home when I wanted to follow a silly news link about sexy Halloween costumes. A bargirl advised me to look at Royal Ivory just another 100 meters further on Soi 4. It is 1,400 per night and includes breakfast. It's dated but not shabby, the rooms are huge. I'm guessing 50 sq meters. It has a real kitchen and a pool too. No problem with the internet. They do not have non smoking rooms but the one I ended up with does not seem to be all smoke stinky and I'm pretty sensitive to that. If you are happy with just a clean basic room, either hotel offers that.

Gm698
10-11-14, 00:33
I am a non-smoker so I always request a non-smoker room. They may have "smoking allowed" rooms perhaps, but I wouldn't know. If you want to make sure, send them an email.

The only thing that gets "smoked" in the room is my dick. ;)

That area of Bangkok is full of hotels. http://www.booking.com lists over 300 hotels in the Sukhumvit area.Ha, I learned the hard way to ask for a non smoking room. The room they had for me at the Grand President several years back reeked of stale smoke, and their fix was to spray perfume which made it worse. Ended up moving to a cramped room at the Majestic Suites. Has anyone tried Sachas Hotel Uno? Location looks very good (behind Robertson's).

Syzygies
10-11-14, 11:07
Has anyone tried Sachas Hotel Uno? Location looks very good (behind Robertson's).That would be "behind Robinson Department Store" (for Thais sounds like "Row-bin-sun" not like "Robin-son") or close to Terminal 21. Sascha's Uno in Thai sounds like "Sar-char oo-NO!" not like "You-know". I only comment, as I recently told a taxi to take me to Robinson and at first he did not understand. Vowels sounds are critical to be correct in Thai language to be understood easily, unlike in English, where only the consonants really matter. Its a nuisance to have to learn how to pronounce names of places and Hotels in the Thai way.

A funny one: Colonze was pronounced something like "Coe-loan-SAY! My first attempt mystified the motor cycle driver, completely, where for English speakers there would be little problem. Sorry, just some trivia.

Gm698
10-11-14, 19:21
That would be "behind Robinson Department Store" (for Thais sounds like "Row-bin-sun" not like "Robin-son") or close to Terminal 21. Sascha's Uno in Thai sounds like "Sar-char oo-NO!" not like "You-know". I only comment, as I recently told a taxi to take me to Robinson and at first he did not understand. Vowels sounds are critical to be correct in Thai language to be understood easily, unlike in English, where only the consonants really matter. Its a nuisance to have to learn how to pronounce names of places and Hotels in the Thai way.

A funny one: Colonze was pronounced something like "Coe-loan-SAY! My first attempt mystified the motor cycle driver, completely, where for English speakers there would be little problem. Sorry, just some trivia.Thanks for that correction, understand it's very good to learn proper pronunciation. So has anyone had experience with the Sar-char oo-NO hotel? Also wondering if there are any hotels next to active construction sites that should be avoided right now. Nothing kills my buzz like a jack hammer.

Tratnguyen1
10-12-14, 00:41
Just pointing out, iCheck Inn is much cheaper than the Citadines (almost THB 500). If you are considering in the iCheck Inn budget range, I would recommend Mac Boutique / iCheck Inn / Ruamchitt (in that order).Hi,

I just booked I check Inn Sukhumvit soi 11/1 . I have Not stayed there before. However, the hotel is close enough to BTS Nana and it is not expensive for 1200 baht / night. Superior room. The I Check Inn Soi 11/1 is GF, no joiner fee per their reply my question.

I only stayed in Majestic Suite and Maxim's Inn in Bangkok. Here I shall be visiting Bangkok in November, 2014.

MichaelSamuel
10-13-14, 23:09
Sorry this is a bit of an off question. But wondered if anyone who has stayed at both the JW Marriott and Terminal 21 Centre Point could weigh in on given equal prices which you would choose? I currently have reservations for both in November for the same price including breakfast. I have stayed at the JW twice before and liked it but was considering a bigger pool and closeness to cowboy and the bts / mrt might make T21 a better option. Anyway, appreciate anyone with first hand knowledge of both of them chiming in.

Thanks

Member #4698
10-14-14, 01:05
wondered if anyone who has stayed at both the JW Marriott and Terminal 21 Centre Point could weigh in on given equal prices which you would choose? I currently have reservations for both in November for the same price including breakfast. I have stayed at the JW twice before and liked it but was considering a bigger pool and closeness to cowboy and the bts / mrt might make T21 a better option.
First, I have stayed in all the hotels I am about to review below. Second, The JW and T21 are not equally priced hotels. You need to check Agoda and Booking dot Com among many other hotel reservation sites and compare rates. Furthermore I am a suite kind of guy. Given a minimum quality level and maximum price I am willing to pay, three things are important to me: 1) a large space (1 bedroom suite with a separate living room and kitchen is what I like), 2) a great swimming pool in sun for most of the day, and 3) location, location, location.

Therefore based on my preferances, I recommend the 65 sq meter grand suite with breakfast at T21 for $142 over the JW. I consider the grand suite a splurge in BKK because for one thing, an adequate 40 sq meter deluxe premium room with breakfast is usually available at T21 for around $99. Given that I like T21's all day sun pool and their location better than the more ornate JW, it is no contest for me. I prefer the Grand Center Point T21's sleek and modern rooms over the JW's more expensive conservatively decorated, but well appointed smaller rooms.

But BKK Hotels are a buyer's market these days. If you like the Marriott brand I suggest you take a look at other Marriott properties like the Marriott 65 sq meter 1 bedroom suites at the Sukhumvit Park Marriott Exec Apt on Soi 24 which can usually be booked for 3700 bt and the 55 sq meter 1 bedroom suites at the Marriott Thonglor Exec apartments (Soi 55) which can be booked for an amazing 2880 bt. The pool at the Thonglor Marriot Exec Apartments is very good. The suites in both locations are excellent. Of course the Soi 24 location is two blocks away from the best oily massage parlors in town. The Thonglor location is two stops on the BTS from Cowboy, but the hotel is close to some very interesting Ekkamai Clubs.

And if you prefer a location closer to Nana and the JW, I recommend the Fraser Suites on Soi 11 where rates below 3200 bt for their 76 sq meter 1 bedroom superior suites are usually available. The Fraser pool is not large, but you can't beat the size of the rooms and the location if you want to be in this part of Sukhumvit.

Bottom line is check around the various web sites. Rates vary greatly, but the rates I have quoted are available. I prefer all these suite hotels over the JW, but that is just me.

Syzygies
10-14-14, 05:52
And if you prefer a location closer to Nana and the JW, I recommend the Fraser Suites on Soi 11 where rates below 3200 bt for their 76 sq meter 1 bedroom superior suites are usually available. The Fraser pool is not large, but you can't beat the size of the rooms and the location if you want to be in this part of Sukhumvit.

Bottom line is check around the various web sites. Rates vary greatly, but the rates I have quoted are available. I prefer all these suite hotels over the JW, but that is just me.Thanks for the advice, on good priced options. I will keep these in mind for try in the future, due to location. I think that JW is largely too expensive (I don't have the points and membership), and I also prefer modern over ostentatious.

I am about to try Column suite on a special price, so will post a review afterwards.

BkkCracy
10-14-14, 07:56
hi all,

have been to bkk 11 times already and am greatly looking forward to the 12th trip. always have stayed at president solitaire (solitaire suite) and have enjoyed the stay every time.

this time was thinking on moving to a more central soi 11 location, the walk back to solitaire can be taxing sometimes. so guys please please help.

1. president palace. deluxe room club floor.

2. grand president. deluxe suite.

3. president solitaire. solitaire suite (the tried and tested).

all above options our priced quite close, so money is not the consideration.

solitaire has the biggest room, good shower cubicle, spa, breakfast / in room dinning is decent, but. its a long walk.

grand seems to have buildings rep001tered around and at palace that manchester place is quite useless. please inform about room, service and other facilities.

looking forward.

thanks

Member #4698
10-14-14, 20:38
I am about to try Column suite on a special price, so will post a review afterwards.The Column looks good. I saw a $100 per night offer for the 81 sq meter I bedroom exec with balcony (balconies are cool).

Incidentally, I had a couple of extra days on my itinerary in BKK after I return from Phnom Penh so I booked a 71 sq meter deluxe King Suite at the Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence (Soi 19) for $63/ night. If I remember correctly you gave a thumbs up to the GM Asoke Residence. I have never stayed there before so it should be interesting.

Bangkok is the best city in Asia to book a hotel room. I wish the selection and rates were as good for comparative quality hotels in Jakarta and Makati. Unfortunately they are not. I recently booked a 40 sq. Meter deluxe corner room at the high quality Fairmont Makati Hotel for $152 / night for example. There are very few suite hotels in Makati and they cost more than the Fairmont. In Jakarta I am staying at Morrissey Serviced Apartment Hotel. It is a good hotel, but I am paying more than I would pay for a comparable suite in BKK.

Paul Kausch
10-14-14, 21:36
I am about to try Column suite on a special price, so will post a review afterwards.

The Column looks good. I saw a $100 per night offer for the 81 sq meter I bedroom exec with balcony (balconies are cool).BKKMick and I staged our MMFFFF in a 2-BR suite at the Column. We selected it because both bedrooms had a king bed. The living room had room for the six of us to play, with room to spare for another half-dozen or so play pals.

We paid about US$200++ for one night. The suite was very large and functional, but not fancy. The doors to the patio were locked. I have no idea if they would have unlocked the doors had we asked. The Column is within walking distance of the Asoke BTS. There is a Foodland (open 24-hours) on the property. Long Table is on the twenty-something floor. It has ambiance and mediocre Thai food for tourists. The bar is decent. The patio was busy the night we were there. It provides a nice view looking over the northern part of Benjakati Park. The pool is on Long Tables patio.

The Column served it's purpose and we would be more than happy to use it again for the repeat we're planning for next month.

IllusionHeart
10-19-14, 09:52
Seniors and other fellow members I am travelling to Bangkok between 1st and 4th Nov. Currently have booked President palace hotel but am slightly in two minds yet.

I need a hotel with seating area if not a living room and a bathtub, pool. Options I have explored are as under.

1. Sofitel. Don't know about the guest policy. Don't want to end up paying 1000 baht every night I get someone to my room.

2. Radisson Blu. Again I don't know about the guest policy. Don't want to end up paying 1000 baht every night I get someone to my room.

3. Contingent. Have dropped it now as even their contingent room doesn't have seating area and they have 2 slow lifts. Don't want to be standing in the lobby waiting unnecessarily for lift.

4. Fraser and Grand Mercure suites. Have ruled out due to walking distance from BTS / main road. Am going to be out every day and will be returning often to hotel during day.

Hence seeking your inputs for a place accordingly.

Zauberfee
10-19-14, 15:01
1. Sofitel. Don't know about the guest policy. Don't want to end up paying 1000 baht every night I get someone to my room.
Both Sofitel Sukhumvit and Sofitel So are great hotels and very GF, no problems at all with joining guests.

Syzygies
10-19-14, 15:26
This Hotel is right next to Foodland. Easy walk to Asoke BTS, MRT or Soi Cowboy.

Got a special at Wotif for 3 nights and under 3200 Baht per night including all taxes, fees, etc. And Including be / F. Has long table bar on floor 25 near the pool with magnificent city views and seating areas. Be / F was good standard. Particularly nice coffee. Be / F closes at 10 AM unfortunately so set the alarm. LOL. If you miss, take be / F at Foodland.

I seem have been upgraded from medium large room as room was huge with large kitchen lounge and dining area separate from bedroom. Sep Shower and bathtub. Small laundry with washer and dryer attached. Floor to ceiling windows. Balcony. I think its probably hard to beat this for value. Perhaps Grand Mercure can be slightly cheaper when on special. However Column is slightly superior, especially for views.

I did not use the pool this stay. Its either round or octagonal so not best shape for laps. Otherwise good. It did not look really deep in case you have Thai girls that do not swim too good.

Kenny Rogers
10-19-14, 17:50
At Illusion Heart: I can WARMLY recommend the Evergreen Laurel Hotel. It's in North Sathorn (Soi Pipat) - if you get yourself an EVA AIR mileage card (free) you should get automatic upgrade to corner suite.

Corner suite is BIG bathroom with spacious shower, tub and double sink, toilet and bidet. Bedroom with TV, easychair and king size bed and sitting room with large TV, extra toilet, desk and sofa, chairs. Immaculately clean, good services, EXTREMELY dicscrete. I use Evergreen since. Well, since a long time.

I believe as a returning guest I get special prices, but you should be able to get a 3500 Baht stay 3 pay 2 day-deal.

They have dedicated smoking floors, wired and wireless internet free (fast). Water in the bathroom has the highest pressure I've ever seen in BKK and is actually HOT.

Breakfast and room order as well as lunches / dinners are terrific.

Evergreen has a gymn, pool and no package tourists / families. I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Evergreen is absolutely girl friendly, as long as you do not "rock the boat" with noisy partying all night. One to three gals performing all-night service is pretty well alright and not additional fees apply.
The hotel(like most in BKK) however will want to see the girls ID card, so make sure she (or they) have one.

IllusionHeart
10-19-14, 18:20
Both Sofitel Sukhumvit and Sofitel So are great hotels and very GF, no problems at all with joining guests.Thank you for the info Zauberfee. Guess I am zeroing in on Radisson Blu and Sofitel. Will close in a day or two.

At Illusion Heart: I can WARMLY recommend the Evergreen Laurel Hotel. It's in North Sathorn (Soi Pipat) - if you get yourself an EVA AIR mileage card (free) you should get automatic upgrade to corner suite..

The hotel (like most in BKK) however will want to see the girls ID card, so make sure she (or they) have one.Really appreciate your inputs. Actually the junior suite at Evergreen Laurel Hotel is within the price range I am looking for. Tempted to book. However. I have posted my temporary itinerary on Bangkok reports forum and am looking at a lot of walking along sukhumvit road and will be returning to hotel couple of times for short breaks during the day. Am on a limited time stay hence don't want to increase commute or time in travel. Guess Sofitel or Radisson are the closer ones I can consider. Thanks for your inputs once again.

Regards to the names of hotels I mentioned in my request post for inputs. I meant to say "The Continent" but posted the Contingent. Many members must be thinking whether a new hotel has come up. But it was plain silly of me. Apologies.

Joske007
10-20-14, 21:59
I will be going to Bangkok for 6 days for the first time in November.

I have already booked my first 3 nights at the Grand Mercure Asoke, I liked the good comments by Syzygies (I believe HE spoke about it).

You get a lot of square meters for a good price, also the location seems quite good within walking distance of Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

I have a couple of questions.

What are the swimming pool rules in this hotel? Does the pool close certain hours? Could I take a girl there around midnight or something for some fun time? I guess I always have to consider it is not private.

Is the hotel very girl friendly? What are the rules? Do they ask for a girl's I'd? Could I take two girls up to the room without issues?

And I'm doubting if I should also book the last 3 nights of my trip already at this hotel. Can I still easily book it once there? Or is it risky to get fully booked or get a lot higher prices? I was wondering if I should maybe spend 3 days there and 3 days in another hotel to enjoy some other scenery as well. Or will I be fully satisfied at this hotel anyways?

Thanks for the advice!

Syzygies
10-21-14, 18:45
What are the swimming pool rules in this hotel? Does the pool close certain hours? Could I take a girl there around midnight or something for some fun time? I guess I always have to consider it is not private.

Is the hotel very girl friendly? What are the rules? Do they ask for a girl's I'd? Could I take two girls up to the room without issues?

And I'm doubting if I should also book the last 3 nights of my trip already at this hotel. Can I still easily book it once there? Or is it risky to get fully booked or get a lot higher prices? I was wondering if I should maybe spend 3 days there and 3 days in another hotel to enjoy some other scenery as well. Or will I be fully satisfied at this hotel anyways?

Thanks for the advice!Most Hotels have closing times for the pool. I don't know the times. I used in day time. There maybe exceptions.

I was not asked for girl to show I'd. I did not take more than 1 girl to this Hotel, I believe. I forget now.

I have certainly shown up with 2 girls to Admiral Premier. They did not both stay the whole night.

I can't predict the Grand Mercure Policy if show up late at night with 2 girls, but you have only booked a room for 2.

W20415
10-26-14, 05:40
Any one have any info on these two motels? Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites? They are both very close to nana plaza and parking area. I ll be in BKK late November and want stay close to nana street scene. Are these two motels GF? Also looking at Dawin Motel.

Duniawala
10-26-14, 15:42
Any one have any info on these two motels? Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites? They are both very close to nana plaza and parking area. I ll be in BKK late November and want stay close to nana street scene. Are these two motels GF? Also looking at Dawin Motel.These two hotels have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. You can't be bothered to just read a few pages? Well, in late November Nana Plaza is closed for renovation. You need to look elswhere. I heard Soi 33 is the new place to go.

YellowFevers
10-26-14, 16:43
Any one have any info on these two motels? Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites? They are both very close to nana plaza and parking area. I ll be in BKK late November and want stay close to nana street scene. Are these two motels GF? Also looking at Dawin Motel.The Dawin is GF. Can't confirm about the others from personal experience! Ibis Nana is too.

Run Mann
10-26-14, 17:36
Can't confirm about the others from personal experience! They're both GF.

Daddy San
10-26-14, 19:04
These two hotels have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. You can't be bothered to just read a few pages? Well, in late November Nana Plaza is closed for renovation. You need to look elswhere. I heard Soi 33 is the new place to go.In March2014, they were about to tear down the western corner block soi33/ Suk, the one with the 7/11. Have they finished building a new hotel there?

What else is new there?

Duniawala
10-27-14, 15:33
In March2014, they were about to tear down the western corner block soi33/ Suk, the one with the 7/11. Have they finished building a new hotel there?

What else is new there?Daddy San, I have no idea what's going on Soi33.

Pinche Gringo
10-28-14, 04:06
I like the Majestic Suites. Nice rooms. And yes, GF friendly.

Any one have any info on these two motels? Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites? They are both very close to nana plaza and parking area. I ll be in BKK late November and want stay close to nana street scene. Are these two motels GF? Also looking at Dawin Motel.

ActionOriented
10-28-14, 14:45
I like the Majestic Suites. Nice rooms. And yes, GF friendly.Rooms (at Majestic Suites) in terms of size are OK (sufficient), but I found a weird smell in the room and in the corridors (perhaps disinfectant). Good reception staff and GF, but at night there are a few LB's hanging around just a few steps from the entrance to the hotel, so if you are picking FL's be careful unless you don't mind LB's. Majestic Suites does not have a pool, but I think you can use the pool at Majestic Grande even if you stay at MS (they have some arrangement).

YellowFevers
10-28-14, 15:34
They're both GF.On reflection they wouldn't survive without being GF. Bit too close to the action to not be, for sure! .

Paul Kausch
10-28-14, 21:15
Rooms (at Majestic Suites) in terms of size are OK (sufficient), but I found a weird smell in the room and in the corridors (perhaps disinfectant). Good reception staff and GF, but at night there are a few LB's hanging around just a few steps from the entrance to the hotel, so if you are picking FL's be careful unless you don't mind LB's. Majestic Suites does not have a pool, but I think you can use the pool at Majestic Grande even if you stay at MS (they have some arrangement).Good summary of the property. In June I did a reconnaissance mission and took some photos for a friend. You do have access to the Majestic Grande's facilities.

Goatscrot
10-29-14, 02:19
Good summary of the property. In June I did a reconnaissance mission and took some photos for a friend. You do have access to the Majestic Grande's facilities.Ah, the Majestic Suites. Stayed there in 99 during their soft opening and again in 00 before my place was ready to move into. Loved it. Got to be pretty good friends with the owners as well.

How's the place holding up?

Paul Kausch
10-29-14, 04:16
Ah, the Majestic Suites. Stayed there in 99 during their soft opening and again in 00 before my place was ready to move into. Loved it. Got to be pretty good friends with the owners as well.

How's the place holding up?I've not stayed there. As I mentioned, I checked it out for a friend. Generally, the property was nice and the staff was very friendly. It is at a very convenient location. The room I was shown was small but nicer than I expected. Sliding, solid screens covered the windows, completely blocking out the light. Double windows blocked all the street noise. The room I was shown over looked Sukhumvit and was on a floor level with the BTS track. I couldn't hear the trains when they zipped by, but I am slightly hard of hearing. I think there are a lot of other good options in the same price range. The small room was the biggest drawback in my opinion, but if you want a convenient location and only require a room big enough to walk around the bed and a good shower it would fit the bill.

W20415
10-29-14, 11:21
These two hotels have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. You can't be bothered to just read a few pages? Well, in late November Nana Plaza is closed for renovation. You need to look elswhere. I heard Soi 33 is the new place to go.Thanks every one for all the detailed info and pics on these two motels. This is the first I have heard Nana Plaza being closed. That may alter my plans. They are closing the entire complex? If so I ll slide down to Soi 7 and look for a motel in that area. I don't want any thing to do with the LB's. I enjoy sifting through the SW to find a hidden gem. Thanks again all.

Paul Kausch
10-29-14, 13:46
This is the first I have heard Nana Plaza being closed. That may alter my plans. They are closing the entire complex? If so I ll slide down to Soi 7 and look for a motel in that area. Nana Entertainment Plaza is not closed. The person who wrote that post is either a blithering idiot or has a strange sense of humor.

Duniawala
10-29-14, 17:20
Nana Entertainment Plaza is not closed. The person who wrote that post is either a blithering idiot or has a strange sense of humor.Some people have no sense of humor.

Paul Kausch
10-29-14, 18:20
Some people have no sense of humor.Taken at face value it is impossible to tell if your information was accurate or inaccurate. Someone who knows Bangkok well, reads multiple sources or follows local developments would know your claim was wrong. Someone who has never been to Bangkok and only gets information from ISG might think, as our fellow member appeared to, that your report was true. Smilies are a good way to make it clear you are joking.

Guido88
10-29-14, 23:52
These two hotels have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. You can't be bothered to just read a few pages? Well, in late November Nana Plaza is closed for renovation. You need to look elswhere. I heard Soi 33 is the new place to go.Now now Duni.

Not nice to give inaccurate info even for personal entertainment. Somebody new might actually believe it. Reality is Soi 33 IS in decline and NEP offers plenty of options.

Guido88.

Dive Monger
10-30-14, 00:32
I'll be in BKK just one night in early December, arriving at the Poom as usual very late (likely well after midnight) and then off the next day to a different mongering destination (but from Don Muang on Air Asia) and was trying to narrow down my choice of hotel for the one night. Either Nana area (parking lot) for a late night grab, or Soi Cowboy area to grab some company. In the price range I am looking in (70 USD) and with free WiFi internet, I see either Citypoint down by Cowboy or On8 up near Nana (also Majestic Suites, which is mentioned below as getting dated but still OK). All within $10 of each other, all near to grazable late night action, all girl-friendly I am quite sure. Of these three, which would any of you that are familiar with them recommend as preferred? Considering arrival and departures (in hotel for probably less than 12 hours) is there a difference? Just need a place to drop luggage, shower, go grab some sweet thing, come back and do the deed, then maybe catch some shuteye before heading out back to the airport.

Or am I nuts, and should just stay near either the Poom or DMK, and see if I can find some talent for a quick shag there? (to minimize all this taxi travel between Sukhumvit and the airports).

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Mua Tur
10-30-14, 05:24
De-railing some one might be a fun for a little boy. He feels happy because he had proved his brain. Some peoples still carry a kid's brain all along his age.

W20415
10-30-14, 11:52
Nana Entertainment Plaza is not closed. The person who wrote that post is either a blithering idiot or has a strange sense of humor.Yeah this is my first trip to Thailand so it sounded a bit bizarre they would close nana. But not being familiar with the scene I was not sure. I ve been to the Phils many times and love it there. Thailand seems so over processed. I'm starting to wish I had not already booked a flight. Might jump a flight to cebu or head to Cambodia.

Ight.

Ripple67
10-30-14, 13:05
I'll be in BKK just one night in early December, arriving at the Poom as usual very late (likely well after midnight) and then off the next day to a different mongering destination (but from Don Muang on Air Asia) and was trying to narrow down my choice of hotel for the one night. Either Nana area (parking lot) for a late night grab, or Soi Cowboy area to grab some company. In the price range I am looking in (70 USD) and with free WiFi internet, I see either Citypoint down by Cowboy or On8 up near Nana (also Majestic Suites, which is mentioned below as getting dated but still OK). All within $10 of each other, all near to grazable late night action, all girl-friendly I am quite sure. Of these three, which would any of you that are familiar with them recommend as preferred? Considering arrival and departures (in hotel for probably less than 12 hours) is there a difference? Just need a place to drop luggage, shower, go grab some sweet thing, come back and do the deed, then maybe catch some shuteye before heading out back to the airport.

Or am I nuts, and should just stay near either the Poom or DMK, and see if I can find some talent for a quick shag there? (to minimize all this taxi travel between Sukhumvit and the airports).

Any advice is welcome.

ThanksI stayed in baileys suites twice when in Bangkok earlier this year. Its around soi 20/22. I was very pleased. Gracious staff. Nice decor. Rooftop pool. In a quiet street but with good eating options close. Around $50 a night. And of course close to soi cowboy and the Doctors blow job bar.

SirWilliam4
10-30-14, 16:39
On 8 would work just fine for you. 10 minutes walking to Nana Parking Lot. 10 minutes walking back to hotel. Comfortable. Good value. 1 minute to Nana Sky Train.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Antex
10-30-14, 20:44

Any advice is welcome.

ThanksWhy not try Ambassador on Soi 11. Then you don't have to go either to Cowboy or NEP.

Just go down in hotel garage to Climax nightclub. A lot of freelancers late night.

Antex

Ethan Hunt123
10-30-14, 21:47
I will be in Bangkok for 2 nights and 3 days primarily for having a "fun time".

Since the action seems to be around Nana or Soi Cowboy. Here are the hotels I have shortlisted. Priority is safety, not too expensive (70 / night) and GF.

- Asoke Residence (60 / night) - good reviews.

- Dawin (65 / night) - better rooms than above.

- City Point - ($70 / night) - universally liked but small rooms.

- President Solitaire / Admiral Premier / Majestic Grande / On8 ($75).

- iCHeck inn / Bally's Studio (50) - cheap but good.

What would you suggest? I would prefer someone as close to the action as possible to do more than 1ST if I want. But shouldn't be very rundown.

Mogwai
11-03-14, 13:10
I have stayed in iCheck Inn Studio Nana in Soi 11/1 recently. Had a superior room with a window facing the soi. A little bit of noise from the street a few times at night but overall it was quiet.

The room was smallish but brand new. The bath room is relatively large as it takes a quarter of the entire room. The shower has its own water heater so the water's always hot. The shower head is not fixated at the wall. Lightning is very good (eg, for shaving).

The room had a small desk with a chair. Important for me as I really hate to sit on the bed; it ruins my legs and back.

Wi-fi was relatively fast and stable compared to most other hotels. No pass word required, strangely enough.

There's coffee available for free from a machine in the lobby. Not Starbucks quality of course but it was drinkable.

The personnel was very friendly and helpful.

So was everything perfect then? No, unfortunately not. The bed was small, no more than 140 cm or maybe 160 cm wide at the most. So not ideal if you like your girls to stay LT. But the worst thing was that the bed was rock hard. This was a real bummer because everything else was perfect. I really had trouble sleeping and felt tired all of the time. So therefore I will not go back to this hotel.

By the way: there are two iCheck Inn hotels in Soi 11/1. 'Studio Nana' is the first one coming from Sukhumvit Road and only a few doors further into the soi is the so called 'iCheck inn Sukhumvit Soi 11'. But judging from the web site the rooms are basically the same. Both hotels are located in the back of the soi on your right hand side.

Moris54
11-03-14, 15:50
The GM has generous 39 sqm rooms, about the same size as the SGS, Sofitel and JWM, and larger than the Landmark. I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked if the rooms were too small. By the way, I appreciate sarcasm.

I think the Sofitel is nicer in large part because it is newer; it's the newest 5-star hotel on that stretch of Sukhumvit. Hotels begin to show their age after 6 or 7 years, depending on how much and what type of use they get. In my opinion the rooms in the JWM and GM need refurbishing. I could say the same thing about the Intercontinental and the Shangri-La for that matter, but I'm not using them in the comparisons because of their locations. I would include the SGS on this list but I've been told it has been refurbished.

The Sofitel is a relatively inexpensive 5-star chain. The property on Sukhumvit is very reasonably priced. I just did a price comparison on Tripadvisor for December 2014, which quotes rates from multiple booking sites, and got the following: SGS US$157, JWM US$176, Sofitel Sukhumvit US$141 and Grand Millenium US$123. However, using my Le Club Accor membership I recently booked a two week stay at the Sofitel for US $112. All the big chains reward loyalty. They will offer a first time guest who signs up for their loyalty program about the same price as the best price you will find through the hotel booking sites; and after you have stayed a few times in one of their hotels you will get significantly lower rates. Booking far in advance also lowers the price.

I use Tripadvisor when I'm doing research. One thousand ratings, taken in aggregate, give a good idea of what people think of each property. Even the best hotels get a small number of disgruntled guest ratings. Poor hotels get a large number of poor ratings. I look at the aggregate numerical rating. I read a smattering of the reviews. It's not too hard to tell which poor reviews are written by disgruntled guests versus people who have valid complaints. Also, in December I had the Sofitel staff give me a tour of the property and based my decision to book it in June on my impressions from that tour. On this last trip I toured three more hotels, one for myself and two for a friend.

Bangkok hotels have very reasonable rates and large rooms. There are many excellent properties in the city. I think the Sofitel is nicer than the GM. That doesn't mean the GM is not nice. I think the Mandarin Oriental is nicer than the Sofitel. I'm not going to spend US $400 per night for a hotel room. I would pay a little more to stay at the Sofitel over the GM. All of the Bangkok properties we are discussing are much nicer than the Hong Kong hotel I booked for December. My room in the Hong Kong Ibis, a 3-star Accor hotel, will cost more than my room in the Sofitel. I could have stayed at a Novotel on Hong Kong Island, a 4-star Accor hotel property, but I don't think it's worth the additional expense. I have money to spend because I spend wisely and look for opportunities. I flew business class from LAX to HKG, but I booked a premium economy class seat because I thought it was worth the additional expense and I had a hunch I might be offered a free upgrade to business class. I would not have paid for a business class seat. I might use miles to get a free upgrade to business class. I'm more likely to use miles to get a free economy ticket. As for first class, I'd have to be much wealthier than I am before I'd spend that much for a plane ticket, and even then I probably wouldn't. I have the means to afford a few luxuries because I have worked hard, invested wisely and live beneath my means. A luxury has to have good value before I'll spend my money on it.On my last trip to BKK earlier this year I stayed at the Grand Millenium after an extensive search of where to stay in LOS. This is always big hassle for me as I just can't seem to find the place that is just right in all aspects for my tastes and my needs.

The Grand Millenium has a very unique architecture. While walking into the lobby I was amazed and almost felt a sense of vertigo by the endless ceiling in the lobby going all the way up to the top floor. All the floors are designed this way, like an endless cascade of floors with Gothic like architecture. The lobby itself is a little small but the grandeur and sheer endless ceiling give a sense of weightlessness to the hotel which feels very relaxing and almost etheric. Unfortunately this feeling can only be experienced in the lobby as the floors itself do not have the same ambiance. So +1 for a great lobby, reception area.

I stayed in one of the Club Floors. With access to the Club Amenities and Lounge. This had to be the highlight of my stay. Everyday from 4-7 was happy hour with free drinks and snacks all of high quality. The spread was wonderful, top shelf drinks and high class food made fresh. You can just stuff yourself on the club floor and not have to eat anywhere else and feel satiated. I still can't forget those yummy morsels of deep fried pork bellies. Mmm.

Unfortunately that's where the good of the GM ends. The rooms were a little lack luster, especially for the price. A tad old. The entertainment system dated, the desk and office chair were not comfy and felt out of place with the decor.

The bed was wonderful. Must be one of the best mattresses I ever slept on but that was the only high about the room. The toilet was confusing to say the least, with the tub jutting outwards into the room so you can watch TV while taking your bath or while your escort is massaging them nether regions but since the TV did not protrude with an attached arm, I found this rather pointless. Also there was no central control system for the lights, AC, TV etc and no DVD player. A big NO NO for me. Also the channels suck. Not premium.

The breakfast. Lackluster to say the least. I was not impressed with the spread and felt that the breakfast spreads in lesser hotels such as the Majestic Grande was much better. In fact the room amenities in the Majestic Grande are much better than the GM, although the decor looks older and much less posh than the GM.

Another annoyance is the location. Its not on SUK. As a bit of a walk from the ASOKE crossing which can be a very busy highway. Its very close to Soi Cowboy but hardly an enjoyable walk because of the high traffic and rush of cars always in your face from the adjacent highway.

Overall. I probably would not stay there again. The cost vs benefit ratio does not deem it worthwhile. The Majestic Grande is a much better value and the money you save can be used towards a high class call girl and a great night out. The club lounge in the Grande Millennium is stellar, and I would say its worth it if the rooms backed it up, but alas it a non repeat for me.

So for my next trip in a few weeks its a toss up between Intercontinetal and Sofitel.

Intercontinental I hear has a great club lounge and club amenities, not to mention MIXX right there for a quick pickup. As for the Sofitel, well am just curious and I have always seen a ton of stunners grace the hotel and its surroundings.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Some American
11-03-14, 16:53
I'm looking for a moderate or budget priced place with a decent bed, not one of those rock hard beds that make you hurt all day. I'd like to stay under 1500 TB if possible and I'd like to be near Sukhumvit if possible, preferably near Asoke, but a good bed is more important than location. Thanks in advance for any ideas. My former go-to place, the CheckInn Regency Park changed all their beds a year ago and got cheap ones.

Paul Kausch
11-03-14, 18:31
As for the Sofitel, well am just curious and I have always seen a ton of stunners grace the hotel and its surroundings.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.I stayed at the Sofitel in June and look forward to staying there again later this month. The location is very good. The hotel is only a couple of years old and still in good condition. My room was spacious; the bed was very large and comfortable; and the room was nicely furnished. It was on one of the club floors, but I did not have club privileges. I'm a Le Club Accor member and get discounted rates and free room upgrades. The staff quickly learned my name and were very gracious. The amenities are very good: a very good gym for a hotel, great locker room with showers and sauna, nice pool. The breakfast buffet was very extensive and quite good. Restaurant (w/ continental menu), bar and outdoor seating on the twenty-something floor affording expansive views of the city.

It is next door the Thermae. As did you, I observed many FLs every evening on the sidewalk around the hotel and outside the entrance to Thermae. I thought they were among the more attractive FLs I saw on that trip.

Moris54
11-03-14, 19:34
I stayed at the Sofitel in June and look forward to staying there again later this month. The location is very good. The hotel is only a couple of years old and still in good condition. My room was spacious; the bed was very large and comfortable; and the room was nicely furnished. It was on one of the club floors, but I did not have club privileges. I'm a Le Club Accor member and get discounted rates and free room upgrades. The staff quickly learned my name and were very gracious. The amenities are very good: a very good gym for a hotel, great locker room with showers and sauna, nice pool. The breakfast buffet was very extensive and quite good. Restaurant (w/ continental menu), bar and outdoor seating on the twenty-something floor affording expansive views of the city.

It is next door the Thermae. As did you, I observed many FLs every evening on the sidewalk around the hotel and outside the entrance to Thermae. I thought they were among the more attractive FLs I saw on that trip.Thanks for the insider info. I am very inclined to book the Sofitel for my week of debauchery in early December. Never been to Thermae. Actually I have not done a lot of FL hunting in BKK in my previous trips so its time to rectify that I reckon.

I still won't forget this one girl I saw outside the Sofitel who gave me the "look" as I was walking past to my room at the GM. She really was one hell of a stunner and it took a while to sink in that she is on the market and by then it was too late. Sometimes we forget these things as most working ladies in BKK are 6-7's IMHO.

Moris54
11-03-14, 19:40
I'm looking for a moderate or budget priced place with a decent bed, not one of those rock hard beds that make you hurt all day. I'd like to stay under 1500 TB if possible and I'd like to be near Sukhumvit if possible, preferably near Asoke, but a good bed is more important than location. Thanks in advance for any ideas. My former go-to place, the CheckInn Regency Park changed all their beds a year ago and got cheap ones.On my first trips to Bangkok I used to stay at On 8 - I hate to call this place a Budget Hotel since its really a class above most budget hotels in BKK. They have 2 or 3 versions of rooms I can't quite remember but the Superior options may still fit within your budget. Its tucked away nicely on Soi 8 and its a solid hotel, with one magnificent pastry bar at the lobby if you are hankering for a Lemon Square.

Paul Kausch
11-03-14, 20:26
Thanks for the insider info. I am very inclined to book the Sofitel for my week of debauchery in early December. Never been to Thermae. Actually I have not done a lot of FL hunting in BKK in my previous trips so its time to rectify that I reckon.

I still won't forget this one girl I saw outside the Sofitel who gave me the "look" as I was walking past to my room at the GM. She really was one hell of a stunner and it took a while to sink in that she is on the market and by then it was too late. Sometimes we forget these things as most working ladies in BKK are 6-7's IMHO.I saw better quality FLs hang close to Sofitel. It's new and 5-star. They figure guys staying there have money. Thermae girls have a reputation for not being farang friendly. There are many Japanese men there, the preferred customers. However, my experience when I went in for a peak was that many attractive ladies gave me beckoning stares. Last trip I spent a lot of time in the gogos. This trip I'm going to hunt FLs. I plan to try Thermae. A couple of years ago I had good luck in the early evening at Gulliver's. It attracted better quality FLs, often in pairs. I'm going to pay it another visit. Used to be 7-ish was a good time to get there.

Yes to my eyes most Bangkok SW are 5 to 6, with a few 7 and an occasional 8. Some of the most attractive girls I saw on my last visit were FLs in front of and inside Thermae, and on the sidewalk between Sofitel and Thermae. Many, but not all were dolled up to appeal to the Japanese men. Some were nicely dressed in hip, youthful clubbing clothes.

I've never had a problem with FLs. I do evaluate the girl carefully before making a deal. I also have the lady leave her ID at the concierge desk for my protection. They will call up to my room to make sure everything is okay before returning the ID. I've never stayed in a five-star hotel that wasn't cool about guests taking an SW up to the room.

Mogwai
11-04-14, 03:39
It is next door the Thermae. As did you, I observed many FLs every evening on the sidewalk around the hotel and outside the entrance to Thermae. I thought they were among the more attractive FLs I saw on that trip.You're right about that. I saw a few attractive FLs as well around there lately.

Mogwai
11-04-14, 03:51
I'm looking for a moderate or budget priced place with a decent bed, not one of those rock hard beds that make you hurt all day. I'd like to stay under 1500 TB if possible and I'd like to be near Sukhumvit if possible, preferably near Asoke, but a good bed is more important than location. Thanks in advance for any ideas. My former go-to place, the CheckInn Regency Park changed all their beds a year ago and got cheap ones.The Dynasty Inn in Soi 4 has decent beds, firm but not too hard. And it's a good hotel overall, I've stayed there many times. The standard rooms in the old wing are 1480 TB. The rooms can be a little dated but the beds are always good.

If you want a room that is in better condition you'll have to pay 200 TB more for a room in the new wing at the back (which is also more quiet).

http://www.dynastyinn.com

IllusionHeart
11-06-14, 10:25
Thanks for the insider info. I am very inclined to book the Sofitel for my week of debauchery in early December. Never been to Thermae. Actually I have not done a lot of FL hunting in BKK in my previous trips so its time to rectify that I reckon.

I still won't forget this one girl I saw outside the Sofitel who gave me the "look" as I was walking past to my room at the GM. She really was one hell of a stunner and it took a while to sink in that she is on the market and by then it was too late. Sometimes we forget these things as most working ladies in BKK are 6-7's IMHO.Moris54,

I have just returned from my stay at Sofitel from 1st to 5 Nov. Highly recommended due to central location and walking access to both Nana, Soi and many discos. I had booked the club room but was barely at the hotel to enjoy any of the facilities. And when I was I slept. Missing breakfast or evening cocktails. Few cups of tea and breakfast on the last day is all I had there. Hence if you not going to stay at the hotel Kuch time then save money and get a deluxe room. Lot of options to eat all around.

Hotel is slightly expensive but worth it. Property is still in good shape. Getting a girl was no problem. Most of the time when I returned with a girl there was no one at the front desk. I had to call them or wait for the girls I'd to be retained. I always insist on that.

Thermae is next door when you come out of the gate. Few good looking FLs standing there in evening as well as LBs. I do not prefer street walkers generally hence abstained here. There are also guys who keep calling at you when you are walking out with massage pamphlets. Quite irritating.

Only issue I faced was that there are a lot of black guys hanging out at the 7/11 besides the entry gate throughout the day and late into the night. When I was walking one night with a girl from climax at around 2:30 they passed some comments and we're saying something. We ignored and continued to walk inside the hotel.

Milo12
11-06-14, 13:49
Anybody know of a long term hotel in Bkk for 10-20000 bht per Month not too far from the MRT or sky train?

Daddy San
11-09-14, 19:08
Hi guys,

Can someone please report on the Livingstones Lodge, as it is today?

The rooms on the website look the same as before, but are probably more worn out.

I see the offer breakfast again.

And even without the beürgemeister, it's a bargain.

Anyone stayed there recently?

Thanks.

DS.

Moris54
11-09-14, 19:24
Moris54,

I have just returned from my stay at Sofitel from 1st to 5 Nov. Highly recommended due to central location and walking access to both Nana, Soi and many discos. I had booked the club room but was barely at the hotel to enjoy any of the facilities. And when I was I slept. Missing breakfast or evening cocktails. Few cups of tea and breakfast on the last day is all I had there. Hence if you not going to stay at the hotel Kuch time then save money and get a deluxe room. Lot of options to eat all around.

Hotel is slightly expensive but worth it. Property is still in good shape. Getting a girl was no problem. Most of the time when I returned with a girl there was no one at the front desk. I had to call them or wait for the girls I'd to be retained. I always insist on that.

Thermae is next door when you come out of the gate. Few good looking FLs standing there in evening as well as LBs. I do not prefer street walkers generally hence abstained here. There are also guys who keep calling at you when you are walking out with massage pamphlets. Quite irritating.

Only issue I faced was that there are a lot of black guys hanging out at the 7/11 besides the entry gate throughout the day and late into the night. When I was walking one night with a girl from climax at around 2:30 they passed some comments and we're saying something. We ignored and continued to walk inside the hotel.Thanks for the intelligence on the Sofitel. I booked the Club Room for 5 nights and 6 days. Most of the time I need a good place to work as my trips to BKK is always on business witha little pleasure thrown in so the Club Lounge offers a great option to plonk down and work. It is pricey. Would you say its true 5 star hotel? For the price I am paying I expect it to be so and I expect a lot since I have run the gamut of many hotels 3-5 stars in Asia.

Bigger747
11-09-14, 23:12
Hi guys,

Will be staying at this hotel early next month. First time in BKK, any actions here that can be recommended?

Thanks

Zauberfee
11-10-14, 01:42
Would you say its true 5 star hotel?I have no idea what criterias for a 5 star hotel, but IMHO the Sofitel Sukhumvit is a true 5 star hotel. A little less classy than Mandarin Oriental or Peninula, but definately on the same level as JW Marriott, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or Intercontinental.

Moris54
11-10-14, 05:01
I have no idea what criterias for a 5 star hotel, but IMHO the Sofitel Sukhumvit is a true 5 star hotel. A little less classy than Mandarin Oriental or Peninula, but definately on the same level as JW Marriott, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or Intercontinental.Mandarin Oriental is a notch above 5 star, that is their brand and have to keep up appearances so I am not expecting the Sofitel to be on the same level. I expect it to be on par with The Grande Hyatt, Intercontinental, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, etc.

5 star to me means a level of unprecedented service. Does not have to be as classy as the Mandarin Oriental (which is overpriced and the novelty wears off fast but good for a first time experience) but I still expect 5 star hotels to know my name before I show up, expect my needs i.e when I am in the bar or relaxing by the poolside and my drink is running low, or if i require an extra towel or a desert menu - the less i have to ask and the better they anticipate the better the quality of the hotel. I expect the breakfast and the quality of the food to be better than all the 3-4 star hotels, with a wide selection, attention to even the most minute details, and stellar service with the ability to accommodate any and all requests (even unusual ones) that I may have during my stay. I do mind privacy and stolen glances by staff when I am entertaining a lady, i.e an escort within the hotel bars and restaurants is a big no-no. Lets see if they fit my bill. Stay tuned for an in-depth review.

IllusionHeart
11-10-14, 17:43
Thanks for the intelligence on the Sofitel. I booked the Club Room for 5 nights and 6 days. Most of the time I need a good place to work as my trips to BKK is always on business witha little pleasure thrown in so the Club Lounge offers a great option to plonk down and work. It is pricey. Would you say its true 5 star hotel? For the price I am paying I expect it to be so and I expect a lot since I have run the gamut of many hotels 3-5 stars in Asia.Moris54, I had primarily booked the Hotel for location and it seemed to be the best one on the strip meeting my requirements. The other choice was Radisson blu but it is after the crossing of Asoke hence more walk time. Avoided.

I got extra of whatever I asked as I had girls come to my room and use up the basic toiletries every night. Breakfast was good. Had only continental for 2 out of 4 days. Lounge facilities are good but it gets crowded in the evening as they serve free cocktails and snacks. Went only once. Pool area is decent. Can laze around for hours.

Club room advantages which I noticed. The bellboy took me directly to the 31st floor which is the dedicated club area to check in--check out was also done there later rather then going down to lobby. Pretty fast and smooth. Though I arrived at 1 pm they asked me to wait only for 10 minutes. Went down to the pool area for smoke and by the time I returned my room was ready. Checked in 45 minutes earlier without additional charge or having asked to wait till check in time. Was served welcome drink and tea in the meantime. English channels on TV in room. Complimentary English newspaper, drinking water, choice of pillows. Good mattress and clean sheets. Had taken up a smoking room hence seating area has a single sofa chair instead of the long one. Was put up on 24th floor.

Met Ms. Sutasinee Boonprasaphai, Assistant director of rooms once when I was taking the lift going out. Sweet person to talk to. Asked me if it was my first stay. Am I an existing member of LE Accor, etc. You can connect with her in case of any issues.

Overall a good experience. Will definitely return.

Cosmic30
11-10-14, 19:46
Moris54,

Thermae is next door when you come out of the gate..l.I loved Sofitel too, great rooms and beds, great service, best breakfast in the world. But I also loved ALOFT hotel, which was around 50% cheaper. Nice atmosphere, good beds, very nice swimming pool, good service, nice food and. Above disco Levels. If you can find a good deal on the usual websites, don't hesitate. Girl friendly very much.

Moris54
11-11-14, 11:03
I loved Sofitel too, great rooms and beds, great service, best breakfast in the world. But I also loved ALOFT hotel, which was around 50% cheaper. Nice atmosphere, good beds, very nice swimming pool, good service, nice food and. Above disco Levels. If you can find a good deal on the usual websites, don't hesitate. Girl friendly very much.Thanks for that. The breakfast service matters a lot to me when I select a hotel. The range of food must be extensive and of high quality with various cuisines from all over the world. I spend most of my morning getting work done and can spend a good couple of hours 8-10 amr at the breakfast buffet so I have very high expectations of the Sofitel Breakfast.

The Cane
11-11-14, 21:50
I found this site while nosing around about Bangkok. Appears to be a damn good reference!

http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/bangkok-girl-friendly-hotels/

Dive Monger
11-12-14, 15:37
Why not try Ambassador on Soi 11. Then you don't have to go either to Cowboy or NEP.

Just go down in hotel garage to Climax nightclub. A lot of freelancers late night.

AntexSince I am there for less than 10 hours before heading out to the other airport and this sounded like great advice, I decided to book the Ambassador. Thanks for the recommendation! I have the prepaid confirmation in hand.

However, as of a day or 2 ago Google Maps is showing the Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11 as "Permanently Closed". I have received no response from my email inquiry to the hotel; does anyone know if this is true? Did the Ambassador suddenly close? Or is this just a (another) Google screwup?

DwayneJohnson
11-12-14, 17:53
Hi guys.

I am not new to Bangkok but some expert advice will be much appreciated. I am trying to make Christmas vacation extra special hence all this planning.

I have short listed below hotels.

Majestic Grande:- Very Close to Nana plaza and Rajah (though I decided Russian (istan) at Thailand never again).

Aloft hotel:- Levels club looks to be good for 2-3 am onward pickup and Climax also close. Nana plaza is close enough.

Sofitel:- Next door to Thermae. Never tried thermae girls before, may be old hookers lying outside were big put off. Nana and Soi Cowboy both at walking distance. Generally I splurge on quality girls rather than 5 star hotels but this one has good VFM.

Swissotel LE Concorde:- This is whole different ball game. It is near to all my favorite soapies (Madame, Emanuelle, Lords etc). Only reason I would stay here would be to charm soapy girl in to a fuck buddy. I know this is dangerous territory and can get burned seriously if emotionally involved or gave her wrong signals but been there done and now I am very cautious.

Grand Millennium was an option as it is very close to Soi Cowboy and Crazy house but most probably I will frequent Nana so taking it out of list.

Jgm005
11-12-14, 19:48
If I where you I'd stay away from Swissotel.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775824-thieves-drill-through-a-bangkok-hotel-walls-ransack-six-offices/

Hi guys.

I am not new to Bangkok but some expert advice will be much appreciated. I am trying to make Christmas vacation extra special hence all this planning.

SNIPPED...

Swissotel LE Concorde:- This is whole different ball game. It is near to all my favorite soapies (Madame, Emanuelle, Lords etc). Only reason I would stay here would be to charm soapy girl in to a fuck buddy. I know this is dangerous territory and can get burned seriously if emotionally involved or gave her wrong signals but been there done and now I am very cautious.

Grand Millennium was an option as it is very close to Soi Cowboy and Crazy house but most probably I will frequent Nana so taking it out of list.

IllusionHeart
11-12-14, 20:14
Hi guys.

Sofitel:- Next door to Thermae. Never tried thermae girls before, may be old hookers lying outside were big put off. Nana and Soi Cowboy both at walking distance. Generally I splurge on quality girls rather than 5 star hotels but this one has good VFM.

I would recommend Sofitel basis my personal stay experience recently in first week of November. If you are going to be frequenting Nana a lot then the hotel is almost a 10 minute walk. You won't feel the distance with the lanes so crowded with street hawkers and FL / LB standing at intervals. You can also take the FOB and crossover to the other side in case you are in a hurry or want to avoid the crowds.

Key Master
11-12-14, 20:22
Since I am there for less than 10 hours before heading out to the other airport and this sounded like great advice, I decided to book the Ambassador. Thanks for the recommendation! I have the prepaid confirmation in hand.

However, as of a day or 2 ago Google Maps is showing the Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11 as "Permanently Closed". I have received no response from my email inquiry to the hotel; does anyone know if this is true? Did the Ambassador suddenly close? Or is this just a (another) Google screwup?I was just in Bangkok and it was open when I was there. The disco Climaxx was open which was my main reason for being there. I'm not sure what the hotel is like anymore though as per staying there though. I gather that it's probably not well maintained or run.

Ethan Hunt123
11-12-14, 20:39
Hi guys.

Majestic Grande:- Very Close to Nana plaza and Rajah (though I decided Russian (istan) at Thailand never again).

Aloft hotel:- Levels club looks to be good for 2-3 am onward pickup and Climax also close. Nana plaza is close enough.

Grand Millennium was an option as it is very close to Soi Cowboy and Crazy house but most probably I will frequent Nana so taking it out of list.I am in BKK for 3 nights end of the month and I booked Aloft. Looks unbeatable value for the price I paid - $140 for 3 nights.

BTW. I also have a 12 hour layover coming up at Suvarnabhumi next week. Any ideas for a quick soapy / oily session nearby?

Bernyx1
11-13-14, 01:34
Still trying to figure out exactly where this is, is it way back on Soi 4 near the Worburi?

DwayneJohnson
11-13-14, 20:11
BTW. I also have a 12 hour layover coming up at Suvarnabhumi next week. Any ideas for a quick soapy / oily session nearby?Airport MP's do not have attractive women and FS is very difficult to get.

Instead take a train to Makkasan from Airport. This way no need to worry about traffic and all Phetchaburi, Rama 9 soapies are within few minutes walk.

Optional
11-14-14, 03:02
Does anyone know if the Park Plaza is girl friendly? I'm referring to the one on 16 Rachadapisek Road:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d939455-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Sukhumvit_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

(Not the Soi 18 one, which is nearby but is a separate hotel).

Thanks in advance!

Abb8912
11-14-14, 14:31
Does anyone know if the Park Plaza is girl friendly? I'm referring to the one on 16 Rachadapisek Road:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d939455-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Sukhumvit_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

(Not the Soi 18 one, which is nearby but is a separate hotel).

Thanks in advance!Yes. 100% GF. Stayed there few months ago. They didn't ask my girl ID too.

Tomasb
11-16-14, 16:54
I am coming to Bangkok for two months starting in January 2015. Looking for a one bedroom or studio near Soi Cowboy with nice pool, furnished, and general amenities (wifi, a / see etc).

Any suggestions where to look?

Wolvenvacht
11-17-14, 08:28
I am coming to Bangkok for two months starting in January 2015. Looking for a one bedroom or studio near Soi Cowboy with nice pool, furnished, and general amenities (wifi, a / see etc).

Any suggestions where to look?I'd suggest Citadines 23 in Sukhumvit Soi 23. It has a small pool on the top floor and it is not much used so is very quiet most of the time. My fantasy is to bring a girl to the pool in the evening and make love to her under the stars in the middle of Bangkok.

Member #4698
11-17-14, 12:27

Any suggestions where to look?Try AirBnb. https://www.airbnb.com/.

DwayneJohnson
11-22-14, 21:31
After all that planning about finding 4-5 star near Nana, I ended up booking Banyan tree.

This is because my thai girlfriend wants to stay in "Hotel Moonbar" damn it.

Hotel has pretty solid reviews and rating on tripadvisor but 5-6 km away from all action.

I will be alone for only one night when she visits her parents.

I am wondering whether NEP / Cowboy girls will come this far.

LA Guy 5
11-23-14, 00:28
After all that planning about finding 4-5 star near Nana, I ended up booking Banyan tree.

Hotel has pretty solid reviews and rating on tripadvisor but 5-6 km away from all action.

I am wondering whether NEP / Cowboy girls will come this far.You may already know this, but there are short-time rooms or hotels available in Nana and Soi Cowboy. Using them would also lower any risk of an unexpected hotel visit from your girlfriend.

As to traveling 5-6 km, I can't answer whether a Nana or SC girl would do that. I suspect though those who are trying to turn a few short-time sessions during the night (generally the better lookers) would be disinclined.

DwayneJohnson
11-23-14, 09:16
You may already know this, but there are short-time rooms or hotels available in Nana and Soi Cowboy. Using them would also lower any risk of an unexpected hotel visit from your girlfriend.

As to traveling 5-6 km, I can't answer whether a Nana or SC girl would do that. I suspect though those who are trying to turn a few short-time sessions during the night (generally the better lookers) would be disinclined.Thanks LA Guy, I was aware of ST hotels. Never tried them before but better to use them now because of zero risk factor.

Wolvenvacht
11-23-14, 10:52

I am wondering whether NEP / Cowboy girls will come this far.If you book them on LT basis and give them some taxi money when they go back home, they don't care.

On the other hand, I'd never take gogo girls to my hotel if my GF is going to stay there as well. You never know how discrete (or not) those reception girls are. An unfortunate slip to the tongue can happen quickly.

ProVanHellsing
11-24-14, 02:28
Hey all,

I'm planning a trip with a couple of my buddies who have never been to Thailand. We're planning on rolling with about 6 or 7 guys. I have some hotels in mind near Soi Cowboy and Nana plaza. Ideally, we'd like for everyone to fit in two to three rooms. Here in lies the problem. I know that if we want to bring girls back, we could do so however if you're already staying with 1 guy in the room, then I heard there would be a charge.

We're looking into renting an apartment through airbnb. But I'd like to get something near the heart of Bangkok and nothing too far away from the party locations. What are our best options?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Allover
11-24-14, 09:10
Grand President on Soi 11 has 2 bedroom suites with 2 baths. They also have 3 bedroom suites. Most of their 2-3 bedroom suites are in Tower 3. The suites all have a separate living room for all your friends to relax. They have refrigerators, safes, washer dryers in the room. Excellent location for BTS, Nana, Soi Cowboy, Beer Garden, Dr. BJs, late night discos on Soi 11, and Thermae. Western grocery store, 7-11, currency exchanges and lots of restaurants are on Soi 11 also. Four minute walk to Sukhumvit.

Levitraboner
11-24-14, 16:04
Looking for something comparable to Motel 6 for under 1500 baht relatively well situated. It doesn't have to be nice, but reasonably clean is a must. Last time I stayed at grand president, which was fine but a little off the beaten path. How about Dynasty Inn for BKK?

Bircow
11-24-14, 23:28
You misunderstand the situation in Thailand my friend. You pay the same for a hotel room whether you stay one or two persons there. So you don't have a problem unless your scared to sleep alone. Enjoy your trip.

Mogwai
11-25-14, 02:59
Looking for something comparable to Motel 6 for under 1500 baht relatively well situated. It doesn't have to be nice, but reasonably clean is a must. Last time I stayed at grand president, which was fine but a little off the beaten path. How about Dynasty Inn for BKK?Dynasty Inn is good, I've stayed there many times. Dynasty Inn in Pattaya is even better.

Jgm005
11-25-14, 05:47
For those who are Accorhotel member's there is a good sale starting for stays between 15 December 2014/08 February 2015 where the rooms are 40% off PLUS breakfast. The lowest price room is $106 including taxes. The breakfast at the Sofitel is great. I am speaking of the Sukhumvit location not Sathorn. Must book by 28 November.

If you are not a member one gets 30% off and no free breakie.

Other hotels in the Accorhotel system in BKK, such as Novotel, Pullman are on sale too.

Sunlover2
11-25-14, 09:15
Looking for something comparable to Motel 6 for under 1500 baht relatively well situated. It doesn't have to be nice, but reasonably clean is a must. Last time I stayed at grand president, which was fine but a little off the beaten path. How about Dynasty Inn for BKK?The Nana Hotel is 1490 be per night and has a ground zero location to the action, nice swimming pool, and decent breakfast.

SL.

Wolvenvacht
11-25-14, 20:29
The Nana Hotel is 1490 be per night and has a ground zero location to the action, nice swimming pool, and decent breakfast.

SL.And at that price, is grossly overpriced for the quality it (fails to) offer.

The rooms are clean though, but that is the only good thing I can say about Nana Hotel.

Sunlover2
11-26-14, 08:07
And at that price, is grossly overpriced for the quality it (fails to) offer.The OP mentioned Motel 6 and I think the Nana Hotel clears that bar. YMMV.

SL.

Wolvenvacht
11-26-14, 08:10
The OP mentioned Motel 6 and I think the Nana Hotel clears that bar. YMMV.

SL.Haha, to each his own standards.

Ethan Hunt123
11-26-14, 12:06
I recently stayed in Aloft for 3 nights. Pretty cool property. The front staff are friendly, it's guest friendly and they have a hip nightclub if that rocks your boat. The only possible drawback is that the room size is on the smaller side and the amenities are not as much as you would find in other upscale 4/5 star hotels. I got a amazing deal of $130 for 3 nights due to a special promotion run by a local travel site in India. Even otherwise at $80/ night all inclusive is a good deal. And the location on Soi 11 is good as well. In walking distance to a lot of Oilies / Nana.

PeeMan
11-30-14, 18:35
I booked a room at the Ocean Bangkok. They have confirmed via email that they are GF.

But anyone have first hand feedback about room quality?

Thanks.

P.

DwayneJohnson
11-30-14, 20:47
I booked a room at the Ocean Bangkok. They have confirmed via email that they are GF.

But anyone have first hand feedback about room quality?

Thanks.

P.I stayed there few months ago. It was an executive suite, Air Conditioning is not good enough for bigger rooms and there was no water in shower on few occasion.

There are days pool is deserted and there are days you will find sizzling hot models hanging near pool, some pretty chicks enjoying pool party so for those days all that minor nuances can be ignored.

WanderingMan
12-02-14, 03:26
Last time I traveled to BKK I stayed in the Omni hotel. It's a decent hotel at a decent price. It needs a bit of remodeling but that's not an issue for me.

Mumbai Guy
12-06-14, 05:05
Will be staying at Ruamchitt Plaza on Sukhumvit road. Is this hotel guest friendly? Can a guest take girls to the room for ST or LT?

ActionOriented
12-06-14, 05:41
Will be staying at Ruamchitt Plaza on Sukhumvit road. Is this hotel guest friendly? Can a guest take girls to the room for ST or LT?Please try and use the search function of ISG prior to raising such queries (or RTFF). It is an oft-discussed GF hotel, has the infamous Thermae and is highly recommended by Duni and few others.

PrinceRaj2126
12-06-14, 06:28
Yes right, its GF hotel. I've booked with Belaire Bkk which is 4 star, soi 5. I've stayed there couple yrs back and was getting good offer at 1300 thb superior with Breakfast.

I did chch Ruamchitt 3 star, and price was coming to 1800 thb without Breakfast, hence chose Belaire, hope I dint make a mistake.

Please try and use the search function of ISG prior to raising such queries (or RTFF). It is an oft-discussed GF hotel, has the infamous Thermae and is highly recommended by Duni and few others.

DwayneJohnson
12-06-14, 19:01
Yes right, its GF hotel. I've booked with Belaire Bkk which is 4 star, soi 5. I've stayed there couple yrs back and was getting good offer at 1300 thb superior with Breakfast.

I did chch Ruamchitt 3 star, and price was coming to 1800 thb without Breakfast, hence chose Belaire, hope I dint make a mistake.Ruamchit is priceless if you plan to have 3-4 times ST in a night. All you need to do is go downstairs.

Fast Eddie 48
12-07-14, 00:40

I did chch Ruamchitt 3 star, and price was coming to 1800 thb without Breakfast, hence chose Belaire, hope I dint make a mistake.To Prince Raj.

Did you know the price of Ruamchitt have been up to 1800 for last few yr, the 1300 bht price is back 2008 everything go up in Bangkok you know first time I got a ST for a girl in Thermae back in 1998 is 600 bht but now is 2000 bht so price go up is the fact.

Fast eddie 48.

Duniawala
12-07-14, 12:49
To Prince Raj.

Did you know the price of Ruamchitt have been up to 1800 for last few yr, the 1300 bht price is back 2008 everything go up in Bangkok you know first time I got a ST for a girl in Thermae back in 1998 is 600 bht but now is 2000 bht so price go up is the fact.

Fast eddie 48.Actually, the room can be had for 1500 if you call the hotel directly and make the reservation. Yhe rooms at the end of the corridors are quite large and worth it at that price, not that the others are bad.

Mumbai Guy
12-07-14, 16:39
I have booked a room in Ruamchitt for 4800 BHT 3-nights stay in Jan. You get good deals on Booking.com.

Actually, the room can be had for 1500 if you call the hotel directly and make the reservation. Yhe rooms at the end of the corridors are quite large and worth it at that price, not that the others are bad.

YellowPaul
12-08-14, 01:56
Considering a 5 night stay at the 4 Points Bangkok in January.

Does anybody know.

1) If the hotel is girl friendly?

2) Do they offer free wifi only in the lobby or the rooms too?

Lakeside
12-08-14, 03:24
Considering a 5 night stay at the 4 Points Bangkok in January.

Does anybody know.

1) If the hotel is girl friendly?

2) Do they offer free wifi only in the lobby or the rooms too?They are very GF. No questions asked and no registration of the girls needed. WiFi is free in public areas and in the room you will have to pay for.

Bbsin26
12-09-14, 13:59
I will be staying at Majestic Grande and Landmark.

I know these hotels are girl friendly but does anyone know if they will require me to pick the girls up in the lobby or do I have to physically retrieve them??

I hear that some places just require girls to drop of I'd and then they'll meet me in my room.

MumbaiVc
12-10-14, 10:50
I am on my way to airport. I am not sure whether my travel agent has asked for double occupancy. Are there any rate difference at Sofitel for double occupancy? Or I can simply take guest to my room. Any other formalities to be done? Checked last 10 pages but did not get exactly this info. Please help.

Mogwai
12-10-14, 14:12

I know these hotels are girl friendly but does anyone know if they will require me to pick the girls up in the lobby or do I have to physically retrieve them??

I hear that some places just require girls to drop of ID and then they'll meet me in my room.Usually if the girl tells the reception your name and room number they will call you and ask if it's okay that she's coming to your room. And yes, in most hotels she has to give her ID to the reception.

I have to say though that I have been surprised a couple of times by a girl knocking on my hotel room door without prior notice from the reception. But normally that's not supposed to happen unless you're staying in a dump maybe. The Majestic Grande and Landmark obviously don't belong to that category.

Bbsin26
12-10-14, 14:29
Usually if the girl tells the reception your name and room number they will call you and ask if it's okay that she's coming to your room. And yes, in most hotels she has to give her I'd to the reception.

I have to say though that I have been surprised a couple of times by a girl knocking on my hotel room door without prior notice from the reception. But normally that's not supposed to happen unless you're staying in a dump maybe. The Majestic Grande and Landmark obviously don't belong to that category.I suppose I wouldn't mind if they came directly to my room, as long as the I'd is left at reception in the rare case that something terrible happens.

Thanks for the input.

Sunlover2
12-10-14, 17:47
I am on my way to airport. I am not sure whether my travel agent has asked for double occupancy. Are there any rate difference at Sofitel for double occupancy? Or I can simply take guest to my room. Any other formalities to be done? Checked last 10 pages but did not get exactly this info. Please help.No issues bringing a "joiner" or un-regestered guest to a single occupancy room. She will likely have to leave her identification at security which is preferred for both of your protection.

SL.

Allover
12-10-14, 17:55
I never book a room for two in BKK. I've never been charged a fee in a GF hotel. I don't think it is necessary to book a room for two in Thailand. In other countries I would still book for two.

Zauberfee
12-10-14, 19:23
Are there any rate difference at Sofitel for double occupancy?Rates that include breakfast are different for 1 and 2 person occupancy.

Sofitel Sukhumvit is a very GF hotel, excatly what you ecpect from a 5 star hotel. Never had any problems, no matter brought back one or two girls.

Mogwai
12-11-14, 04:24
I suppose I wouldn't mind if they came directly to my room, as long as the I'd is left at reception in the rare case that something terrible happens.

Thanks for the input.If you are expecting her then it's no problem indeed. But sometimes a girl sneaked her way in (or reception didn't give a shit) and surprised me. And that can be quite awkward if you have another girl in your room (I didn't fortunately).

IllusionHeart
12-11-14, 04:30
I am on my way to airport. I am not sure whether my travel agent has asked for double occupancy. Are there any rate difference at Sofitel for double occupancy? Or I can simply take guest to my room. Any other formalities to be done? Checked last 10 pages but did not get exactly this info. Please help.Mate, no problems at all, was there in first week of Nov, amazing hotel. Most of the times there was no one at the reception when I came back with a girl late in the night and had to wait for someone to show up at the desk and retain the girls I'd. I would recommend that you follow this practice no matter how friendly the girl is. Prevention is better than cure.

BKKguru
12-12-14, 04:33
Usually if the girl tells the reception your name and room number they will call you and ask if it's okay that she's coming to your room. And yes, in most hotels she has to give her ID to the reception.

I have to say though that I have been surprised a couple of times by a girl knocking on my hotel room door without prior notice from the reception. But normally that's not supposed to happen unless you're staying in a dump maybe. The Majestic Grande and Landmark obviously don't belong to that category.Majestic Grande-

After 9 pm every evening, they have two security guys sitting at a desk on the left side in the entrance lobby.

They will keep the ID card. I also got the impression they confirm the age on the ID card.

During the day it is hit and miss. If the front desk is busy, the girl will show up at your door without you getting any phone call.

It also depends on the girl. Some of them choose to wait at the front desk until the phone call has been made to your room.

The front desk will keep the ID card

~ BKKguru.

Syzygies
12-12-14, 09:49

I hear that some places just require girls to drop of I'd and then they'll meet me in my room.Do you have friends or business colleagues staying in the same Hotel? I mean if you can't be seen, okay But I would normally meet a girl in the lobby at least to ensure everything goes smoothly. You don't have to be so shy to show your face.

Are you shy because she is much younger?

Bbsin26
12-12-14, 10:21
Do you have friends or business colleagues staying in the same Hotel? I mean if you can't be seen, okay But I would normally meet a girl in the lobby at least to ensure everything goes smoothly. You don't have to be so shy to show your face.

Are you shy because she is much younger?It's the exact opposite. LOL.

Wandere
12-12-14, 13:22
It's the exact opposite. LOL.Normally you will get a call from reception, and if you confirm your guest will be escorted by the Hotel to your room.

Where You Go
12-13-14, 00:28
For those who are Accorhotel member's there is a good sale starting for stays between 15 December 2014/08 February 2015 where the rooms are 40% off PLUS breakfast. The lowest price room is $106 including taxes. The breakfast at the Sofitel is great. I am speaking of the Sukhumvit location not Sathorn. Must book by 28 November.

If you are not a member one gets 30% off and no free breakie.

Other hotels in the Accorhotel system in BKK, such as Novotel, Pullman are on sale too.I missed out on the Accorn hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit deal, I will be in BKK in February. Is there anywhere else to find this kind of rate, or maybe call them directly? Otherwise, looking for a recommendation for a 3 1/2 star for under 2400 THB. Requirements would be non-smoking room, newer or renovated preferably, reasonably quiet, no nearby construction, in room safe, good WI-fi, close walk to Sukhumvit maybe nearer to Asok BTS, GF of course. Don't really need a pool, gym, and not that concerned about breakfast. So far this is the short list in no particular order, open to comments or other suggestions from all you pros!

Grand Swiss.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

Swiss Grottino.

Sachas Hotel Uno.

On8 Sukhumvit.

Dream Hotel.

SirWilliam4
12-13-14, 01:58
You've read the forum and come up with a good list. Nice going.

SW 4.

I missed out on the Accorn hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit deal, I will be in BKK in February. Is there anywhere else to find this kind of rate, or maybe call them directly? Otherwise, looking for a recommendation for a 3 1/2 star for under 2400 THB. Requirements would be non-smoking room, newer or renovated preferably, reasonably quiet, no nearby construction, in room safe, good WI-fi, close walk to Sukhumvit maybe nearer to Asok BTS, GF of course. Don't really need a pool, gym, and not that concerned about breakfast. So far this is the short list in no particular order, open to comments or other suggestions from all you pros!

Grand Swiss.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

Swiss Grottino.

Sachas Hotel Uno.

On8 Sukhumvit.

Dream Hotel.

Mogwai
12-13-14, 03:28
I missed out on the Accorn hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit deal, I will be in BKK in February. Is there anywhere else to find this kind of rate, or maybe call them directly? Otherwise, looking for a recommendation for a 3 1/2 star for under 2400 THB. Requirements would be non-smoking room, newer or renovated preferably, reasonably quiet, no nearby construction, in room safe, good WI-fi, close walk to Sukhumvit maybe nearer to Asok BTS, GF of course. Don't really need a pool, gym, and not that concerned about breakfast. So far this is the short list in no particular order, open to comments or other suggestions from all you pros!

Grand Swiss.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

Swiss Grottino.

Sachas Hotel Uno.

On8 Sukhumvit.

Dream Hotel.The Dynasty Grande maybe? They have some nice deals if you book in advance.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

Paul Kausch
12-13-14, 06:42
I missed out on the Accorn hotel Sofitel Sukhumvit deal, I will be in BKK in February. Is there anywhere else to find this kind of rate, or maybe call them directly?Join Le Club Accor and be a loyal customer; or any other hotel chain that you like for that matter. I happen to like the French flair the Sofitel properties convey. I'm forty-eight hours returned from three weeks in Bangkok, Macau and Hong Kong. If possible I stay at Accor hotels when I travel and get great rates; I use my points on top of the Le Club Accor rates which are already as good or better than on Agoda, etc. Many of the employees now know me and greet me by name and with a "bon jour, welcome back" as I walk in. They know my preferences, for example a quiet room in the back of the hotel. On this trip a shared the entire back half of the 28th floor with two guests in the room on the opposite corner to my corner room. I call house keeping and tell them when I want my room cleaned. The house keeper always shows up, with a big smile, right on time. I always give her 100 bahts. Her happy smile is worth more than three dollars to me. I get great deals on room upgrades. One of the managers who has made a point of getting to know me knows I like independent films and referred me to a very good one. On my last trip the upgrades were free; this trip I paid literally a couple of dollars a day for an upgrade to a Club Room with a very good complimentary breakfast buffet included. I just checked on room costs for a May trip. Right now, using my points, I can get a rate less than US $105 a day, including all taxes. And I'll earn more than enough points on the next trip for a significantly reduced rate on the trip after that!

A busy work schedule limited my monger, but I will be posting a couple of reports, plus a report about the Macau saunas on the Macau Sauna thread.

Syzygies
12-13-14, 07:08
It's the exact opposite. LOL.Many of us would love our older hopefully wiser head to be stuck inside a young body. If you are young but can act with good manners and like you care about girls and not show off too much, you will have it made.

Most of us would give a lot to lot off 20 years or more.

Jgm005
12-13-14, 08:55
Excellent advice. I am in the Sofitel for the 3rd time in this three month sojourn in BKK. Getting elevated by being a loyal customer pays off. I walked in with a regular reservation, asked if any upgrades are available, and am now on the 25th floor corner room.

Another Accor hotel I favor is the Novotel right at the Ploenchit BTS. Not a 5 star but the service is fantastic.

Join Le Club Accor and be a loyal customer; or any other hotel chain that you like for that matter. SNIPPED.

Bbsin26
12-13-14, 12:40
Many of us would love our older hopefully wiser head to be stuck inside a young body. If you are young but can act with good manners and like you care about girls and not show off too much, you will have it made.

Most of us would give a lot to lot off 20 years or more.I'm just being cautious (or perhaps I'm just ashamed or shy). I'm Chinese American, well mannered, fit, promising career, dresses well, yadayada. Apparently, I'm a safe bet for a lot of Asian girls that are 18-25 (I'm 25) so it's not too hard to mess around with them. But I've always had a thing for older mature woman (cougars, MILFs. Gilfs. I never went for "Stacey's mom" because of the stigma and risk involved with getting caught near home. So I'm basically going to Thailand to experiment with this mature lady fetish I have. This whole mongering thing is new to me but I really don't want eye balls on me when I'm walking around with "grannies" as some of you like to call them. I wouldn't care about being discreet if I was walking around with "normal" girls.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely write reports of my adventure through SE Asia and China.

Allover
12-13-14, 18:28
I'm just being cautious (or perhaps I'm just ashamed or shy). I'm Chinese American, well mannered, fit, promising career, dresses well, yadayada. Apparently, I'm a safe bet for a lot of Asian girls that are 18-25 (I'm 25) so it's not too hard to mess around with them. But I've always had a thing for older mature woman (cougars, MILFs. Gilfs. I never went for "Stacey's mom" because of the stigma and risk involved with getting caught near home. So I'm basically going to Thailand to experiment with this mature lady fetish I have.You will find the milfs and gilfs of Thailand often look like they are in their late 20's / early 30's. I didn't get to Thailand until I was in my late 40's. I hope our younger members realize how fortunate they are to travel the world and especially visit Thailand at such a young age. I can't imagine how much fun it would have been for me to be in Thailand in the '70's with cash in my pocket. Oh my.

Where You Go
12-14-14, 02:56
You've read the forum and come up with a good list. Nice going.

SW 4.Thank you Master, you have taught me well.

Syzygies
12-14-14, 07:05
You will find the milfs and gilfs of Thailand often look like they are in their late 20's / early 30's. I didn't get to Thailand until I was in my late 40's. I hope our younger members realize how fortunate they are to travel the world and especially visit Thailand at such a young age. I can't imagine how much fun it would have been for me to be in Thailand in the '70's with cash in my pocket. Oh my.Ha Ha! You would not have needed much cash. Prices were $20 per night in late 80's to early 90's. My first trip in approx. 1983 I was stunned by the young sexy Thai girls walking around with ancient guys in Patong beach. Unfortunately I had a Farang wife in tow at the time. If only I could have gone to Thailand before meeting my Farang wife, and had an old wise enough head to decide I did not actually need a wife or GF. Just a few years later fell for a Thai girl in my home country (neither of us were available). Eventually got divorced had no further interest in homeland girls.

Ethan Hunt123
12-14-14, 14:09

Grand Swiss.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

Swiss Grottino.

Sachas Hotel Uno.

On8 Sukhumvit.

Dream Hotel.I would add Aloft Bangkok to this list. It's also on Soi 11 and has a hep disc in its premise so easy to pickup there.

DwayneJohnson
12-15-14, 17:59
Unfortunately I had a Farang wife in tow at the time. If only I could have gone to Thailand before meeting my Farang wife, and had an old wise enough head to decide I did not actually need a wife or GF.I was on the verge of marriage and Bangkok trip happened. Now there is no chance in hell that I'll be married.

AznDogg
12-20-14, 11:16
Hello everyone,

I am on the verge of my first trip to Thailand and was wondering if anyone has any experience with "Smart Suites" hotel? As I will be travelling alone, would there be any risk staying in the Nana area. I think it would be convenient, but I also would prefer something safe.

Thank you

Harry Dude
12-20-14, 15:41
Hello everyone,

I am on the verge of my first trip to Thailand and was wondering if anyone has any experience with "Smart Suites" hotel? As I will be travelling alone, would there be any risk staying in the Nana area. I think it would be convenient, but I also would prefer something safe.

Thank youAs long as you behave reasonably sensibly there should be no risk staying in the Nana area.

Sunlover2
12-20-14, 16:18

Thank youThe Nana area is perfectly safe. You would have to go far out of your way (visibly drunk or overly combative) to even call any attention to yourself. Just use common sense when you are out and about. If you are concerned about having visitors back to your hotel have the lady leave her I'd at the security desk, and have them call your room before returning it to her.

SL.

Kabukicho
12-21-14, 00:01
I'm just being cautious (or perhaps I'm just ashamed or shy). I'm Chinese American, well mannered, fit, promising career, dresses well, yadayada. Apparently, I'm a safe bet for a lot of Asian girls that are 18-25 (I'm 25) so it's not too hard to mess around with them. But I've always had a thing for older mature woman (cougars, MILFs. Gilfs. I never went for "Stacey's mom" because of the stigma and risk involved with getting caught near home. So I'm basically going to Thailand to experiment with this mature lady fetish I have. This whole mongering thing is new to me but I really don't want eye balls on me when I'm walking around with "grannies" as some of you like to call them. I wouldn't care about being discreet if I was walking around with "normal" girls.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely write reports of my adventure through SE Asia and China.Both.

I've come across two guys that have the same as you, both were prob+10 yrs older than you when I founf out. Both definitely have mommie tendencies. Don't worry. I have found milfs are flattered abd are made to feel young again that a sag bag can be found attractive. Why wouldn't? Same with a old man and young woman. Except the man wonders if the spring chicken is just sticking for the money. If he has it, or if he cares.

Syzygies
12-21-14, 01:50
This Hotel is only 2 to 3 years old. 2000 Baht per night was a bargain. Studio room was good standard for me modern rather than ostentatious look. No bathtub but excellent large shower cubicle big enough for a guy and two girls. Bed softer than normal may not suit everyone. Internet wifi worked OK with no problems.

Did not try swimming pool nor breakfast.

Easy 5 min walk to Soi Cowboy, BTS and MRT. Would use it again when don't need as good as Grand Mercure or Column Hotels with kitchenettes and cheaper of course. No kitchenette for this 2 k price.

Wolvenvacht
12-21-14, 09:54
I'm just being cautious (or perhaps I'm just ashamed or shy). I'm Chinese American, well mannered, fit, promising career, dresses well, yadayada. Apparently, I'm a safe bet for a lot of Asian girls that are 18-25 (I'm 25) so it's not too hard to mess around with them. But I've always had a thing for older mature woman (cougars, MILFs. Gilfs. I never went for "Stacey's mom" because of the stigma and risk involved with getting caught near home. So I'm basically going to Thailand to experiment with this mature lady fetish I have. This whole mongering thing is new to me but I really don't want eye balls on me when I'm walking around with "grannies" as some of you like to call them. I wouldn't care about being discreet if I was walking around with "normal" girls.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely write reports of my adventure through SE Asia and China.Don't forget that (South East) Asian women keep their youthful looks quite long. A 40 year old Thai lady that took moderately good care of herself, will definitely not be embarrasing to you when you walk together.

Steve7777
12-21-14, 10:03
Both.

I've come across two guys that have the same as you, both were prob+10 yrs older than you when I founf out. Both definitely have mommie tendencies. Don't worry. I have found milfs are flattered abd are made to feel young again that a sag bag can be found attractive. Why wouldn't? Same with a old man and young woman. Except the man wonders if the spring chicken is just sticking for the money. If he has it, or if he cares.Sag bags? I like that. Very funny.

No need to wonder if girls with old men are there for the money. They are. Even in Nebraska, S. F, and Bogota Columbia.

Not Now
12-21-14, 20:00
I want to decide between Ambassador, Pinnacle, Aloft for BKK stay. I understand that Ambassador is GF but I found some reviews on google saying they charge joiner fee?? Is Pinnacle no fee? I can't find much about it, but its 1/2 price of Aloft so I want to know.

El Vagabundo
12-22-14, 05:56
Does any one have experience with this hotel? Located at 16 Ratchadapisek Road, Sukhumvit, Klong. There are offering a rate of $70 a night.

Syzygies
12-22-14, 07:30
I want to decide between Ambassador, Pinnacle, Aloft for BKK stay. I understand that Ambassador is GF but I found some reviews on google saying they charge joiner fee?? Is Pinnacle no fee? I can't find much about it, but its 1/2 price of Aloft so I want to know.I would not stay at Pinnacle (due to Soi 3 location and very basic), and strange you mention Aloft which would not be not cheap at all. Plenty of bargain Hotels I think for far less than Aloft and yet better than Pinnacle. You really should state your budget range in order to suggest good Hotels for that price. I would expect Aloft to be much more than double Pinnacle price. Ambassador would be somewhere in between but I doubt it is good value for money in the modern day. I stayed there once 30 years ago on a Package trip. President Palace in same Soi would probably be better value (more modern yet cheaper).

For extremely cheap, I would suggest Sam's Lodge Soi 19, for medium cheap Ballys Soi 20 or City Lodge or one of the Check Inns.
For 2K budget I just reviewed Mermaid which was very good standard room. Also Best Western at Soi 20.

Its coming up to a tough time of year to get good prices. I guess you may want to be very close to Nana (who knows why guys like to stay there). I don't have any favourite low budget Hotels in that area. Hotel Solo probably sold out, and many other places don't need to cut their prices at this time.

So many Chinese tours messing up prices right now. In this area I always book a room for 2 adults. I never ever paid a joiner fee in Sukhumvit district Hotel. I have heard of pompous Hotels like Landmark or Ambassador trying to do this in the past. Their are also some family Hotels but can't remember which they are. Maybe was Royal Ivory?

Duniawala
12-22-14, 16:26
I want to decide between Ambassador, Pinnacle, Aloft for BKK stay. I understand that Ambassador is GF but I found some reviews on google saying they charge joiner fee?? Is Pinnacle no fee? I can't find much about it, but its 1/2 price of Aloft so I want to know.If you are considering Ambassador, then you may consider Ruamchitt Plaza just around the corner on the main road. Their rooms are bigger and no joiner fee.

Mumbai Guy
12-22-14, 18:12
Will be staying in Dream Hotel on soi 15. I am told that it is a girl friendly hotel but does anyone know if they charge a joiner fee?

SirWilliam4
12-22-14, 19:17
Will be staying in Dream Hotel on soi 15. I am told that it is a girl friendly hotel but does anyone know if they charge a joiner fee?No, they do not. I stayed there last year. No problem.

SW4.

Awesome Man
12-22-14, 19:18
Will be staying in Dream Hotel on soi 15. I am told that it is a girl friendly hotel but does anyone know if they charge a joiner fee?No, they don't. If they would, the hotel wouldn't be considered as guest friendly.

Tptp76
12-22-14, 20:07
Will be staying in Dream Hotel on soi 15. I am told that it is a girl friendly hotel but does anyone know if they charge a joiner fee?I have stayed there and they do not charge any joiner fee. In fact some hotels allow one guest free but charge for more than 2 people in the room. Dream does not do that even and you take as many girls as you'd like!

Brandt
12-23-14, 03:06
Does any one have experience with this hotel? Located at 16 Ratchadapisek Road, Sukhumvit, Klong. There are offering a rate of $70 a night.It is quite decent, with furnishings and upkeep comparable with the Four Points and Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, that is, in good condition but not particularly atmospheric. Of note is that it does not smell of mold, a frequent problem in independent BKK properties priced slightly lower.

Hot water temperature was not particularly stable, towels a bit lacking. Maid and security guard very friendly, front desk not so, both day and night shifts. WiFi free, fast, and stable. Didn't try the breakfast. Club Carlson benefits granted without asking.

Location is actually very convenient to Cowboy and Asok BTS / MRT. Getting there by taxi requires a fairly long run south to the you-turn before the Rama IV flyover and back, so get off at Asok and walk the 100 m to the hotel.

Personally, in this price range I'd prefer a studio with kitchenette, but the PP is a fair choice on shorter stays when priced under THB2000++ (its prices fluctuate in a THB1800-2500 range).

Syzygies
12-25-14, 01:08
Location is actually very convenient to Cowboy and Asok BTS / MRT. Getting there by taxi requires a fairly long run south to the you-turn before the Rama IV flyover and back, so get off at Asok and walk the 100 m to the hotel.I am a bit confused. Isn't Park Plaza actually in Soi 18. So don't see how the Rama iv and you turn is relevant?

I have stayed at Column in Soi 16 and that was fabulous. Got special price including lounge and kitchenette.

Brandt
12-25-14, 02:29
I am a bit confused. Isn't Park Plaza actually in Soi 18. So don't see how the Rama iv and you turn is relevant?The 'Park Plaza Bangkok' is on Soi 18, and the slightly higher priced 'Park Plaza Sukhumvit' is on Rachadapisek just south of Asoke, on the side of the road leading to Asok.

Due to a grassy median with guardrails, there is no way for a taxi to access the latter hotel coming from Sukhumvit without going nearly all the way down to Rama IV and back, which can be time-consuming during the day. The '16' in its address is its street number, no relation to Sukhumvit Soi 16 which starts across the road.

However there is a footbridge a little way south (that is, away from Asok).

SeanTaboo
12-25-14, 03:53
They don't. Cozy and trendy hotel.

Will be staying in Dream Hotel on soi 15. I am told that it is a girl friendly hotel but does anyone know if they charge a joiner fee?

Awesome Man
12-25-14, 10:56
Dear all,

I'm planning for my upcoming trip in just five weeks. I'll begin my trip with a few days in Bangkok, and of course lower Suk is where I want to be. It's my seventh trip to Thailand but my first to Bangkok.

What do You have to say about Aspen Suites on Soi 2?

Thank's in advance.

El Vagabundo
12-25-14, 11:31
It is quite decent, with furnishings and upkeep comparable with the Four Points and Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, that is, in good condition but not particularly atmospheric. Of note is that it does not smell of mold, a frequent problem in independent BKK properties priced slightly lower.

Hot water temperature was not particularly stable, towels a bit lacking. Maid and security guard very friendly, front desk not so, both day and night shifts. WiFi free, fast, and stable. Didn't try the breakfast. Club Carlson benefits granted without asking.

Location is actually very convenient to Cowboy and Asok BTS / MRT. Getting there by taxi requires a fairly long run south to the you-turn before the Rama IV flyover and back, so get off at Asok and walk the 100 m to the hotel.

Personally, in this price range I'd prefer a studio with kitchenette, but the PP is a fair choice on shorter stays when priced under THB2000++ (its prices fluctuate in a THB1800-2500 range).Thanks Brandt, sounds like a luke warm thumbs up. Do you know anything about the Mermaid? I am only in for 4 nights.

Martin

Syzygies
12-25-14, 13:07
The 'Park Plaza Bangkok' is on Soi 18, and the slightly higher priced 'Park Plaza Sukhumvit' is on Rachadapisek just south of Asoke, on the side of the road leading to Asok.
OK Thanks did not know there were 2.

Tratnguyen1
12-25-14, 18:12
Hello,

I visited Bangkok in November ,2014 and stayed at I Check Inn Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 for 6 days. I did have booking with Expedia with a.

Good rate $40 USD a night including tax (1300 baht). When I showed up, the check in was fast and simple with a refundable 500 baht.

BTW, I already paid through Expedia reservation. Here are the summary regarding this hotel.

Pro: The hotel is GF. I only had one short time TG. And No joiner fee. The superior standard room is big enough for comfy queen size.

Bed, safe box, small cool frig. Desk with chair and TV. A small closet and drawer. Bath is good for a tub. The A / see. Is working great all.

The times with good air circulation. The hotel is only 2 minutes walk to Nana BTS and 5 minutes walk to soi Nana. The room is at decent new decoration with good house keeping everyday.

Con: The tape water is low quality with a industrial smell in my last 3 days. I heard some small noise at night due to some nightclubs.

At Soi 11. I think the back facing room will avoid this problem.

Conclusion: The I Check Inn Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 is a valuable hotel. I definitely have this hotel on my revisit list. I received a full 500 be.

When I checked out.

===========================================

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was written with UNNECESSARY HARD RETURNS at the end of every line of text, resulting in the text being incorrectly broken up into separate, incomplete sentences.

There is NO NEED for any report to be written with UNNECESSARY HARD RETURNS at the end of every line of text.

If you are adding these hard returns at the end of every line by using the ENTER key, then please stop. Instead, when typing simply allow the text to "wrap" automatically at the end of each line. The ENTER key is only needed to separate the paragraphs.

However, if the unnecessary hard returns were the result of you having pasted the text into the forum from another source (such as a news wevsite), then your option is to either edit out the unnecessary hard returns or don't post the text.

Please do not post text with unnecessary hard returns in the Forum. Thanks!

Not Now
12-26-14, 05:17
I would not stay at Pinnacle (due to Soi 3 location and very basic), and strange you mention Aloft which would not be not cheap at all. Plenty of bargain Hotels I think for far less than Aloft and yet better than Pinnacle. You really should state your budget range in order to suggest good Hotels for that price. I would expect Aloft to be much more than double Pinnacle price. Ambassador would be somewhere in between but I doubt it is good value for money in the modern day. I stayed there once 30 years ago on a Package trip. President Palace in same Soi would probably be better value (more modern yet cheaper).

For extremely cheap, I would suggest Sam's Lodge Soi 19, for medium cheap Ballys Soi 20 or City Lodge or one of the Check Inns.
For 2K budget I just reviewed Mermaid which was very good standard room. Also Best Western at Soi 20.

Its coming up to a tough time of year to get good prices. I guess you may want to be very close to Nana (who knows why guys like to stay there). I don't have any favourite low budget Hotels in that area. Hotel Solo probably sold out, and many other places don't need to cut their prices at this time.

So many Chinese tours messing up prices right now. In this area I always book a room for 2 adults. I never ever paid a joiner fee in Sukhumvit district Hotel. I have heard of pompous Hotels like Landmark or Ambassador trying to do this in the past. Their are also some family Hotels but can't remember which they are. Maybe was Royal Ivory?The reason I was saying aloft cause I can get it for points from my credit card.

My budget is around $30-45. Pinnacle is cheap? Describe basic? Why is Soi 13 bad?

Syzygies
12-26-14, 16:01
The reason I was saying aloft cause I can get it for points from my credit card.

My budget is around $30-45. Pinnacle is cheap? Describe basic? Why is Soi 13 bad?Aloft is way better than your budget. Great if you can get it on points.

I did not say Soi 13 is bad.

Not Now
12-26-14, 20:59
Aloft is way better than your budget. Great if you can get it on points.

I did not say Soi 13 is bad.What about the Varee Hiptique? On Soi 13 is it girl friendly?

It was formerly Best Western but now it's the Varee? Any experience with this chain?

Kabukicho
12-27-14, 05:25
Both Sofitel Sukhumvit and Sofitel So are great hotels and very GF, no problems at all with joining guests.Citing a post back in Oct. For sofitel. No problems bringing a guest IF one has prebooked the room for two?

Or what would happen if I already have 2 people in my booked room, can I still bring a guest (makes it 3).

Also. Looking for balcony hotels, I came across:

http://www.dynastygrande.com/location.htm

GF though? Looked a bit off the main road too. The On8 hotels' location looks amazing.

Paul Kausch
12-27-14, 05:32
Citing a post back in Oct. For sofitel. No problems bringing a guest IF one has prebooked the room for two?

Or what would happen if I already have 2 people in my booked room, can I still bring a guest (makes it 3).
No problem with three in your room at the Sofitel Suk. That's where Ice, Joupjang and I had our threesome. When they arrived the concierge called my room to verify they were my guests, and then sent them right up. I booked the room for two, but the hotel staff knows me very well and is aware I was staying in the room alone, and that the second (and third) person in the room was a temporary guest. Not only did they not care, one of the rather attractive female managers after inquiring about my two guests offered her personal contact information to me, which I happily accepted.

Daddy San
12-27-14, 11:58
No problem with three in your room at the Sofitel Suk. That's where Ice, Joupjang and I had our threesome. When they arrived the concierge called my room to verify they were my guests, and then sent them right up. I booked the room for two, but the hotel staff knows me very well and is aware I was staying in the room alone, and that the second (and third) person in the room was a temporary guest. Not only did they not care, one of the rather attractive female managers after inquiring about my two guests offered her personal contact information to me, which I happily accepted.Hi Paul,

That implies, that you had given the girls your real name, which I would be wary of doing.

I sometimes tell the girl to "ask for Mr. Joseph" and instruct the concierge accordingly.

Paul Kausch
12-27-14, 12:26
Hi Paul,

That implies, that you had given the girls your real name, which I would be wary of doing.

I sometimes tell the girl to "ask for Mr. Joseph" and instruct the concierge accordingly.Thank you for the advice. They have my room number and first name. Very few Thais can pronounce my last name. American's too for that matter. ;) If I don't know the girl well I meet her in the lobby.

Kabukicho
12-27-14, 17:35
No problem with three in your room at the Sofitel Suk. That's where Ice, Joupjang and I had our threesome. When they arrived the concierge called my room to verify they were my guests, and then sent them right up. I booked the room for two, but the hotel staff knows me very well and is aware I was staying in the room alone, and that the second (and third) person in the room was a temporary guest. Not only did they not care, one of the rather attractive female managers after inquiring about my two guests offered her personal contact information to me, which I happily accepted.Thank you so much. So you had a situation where it was late night and you were already in your room, and had company be sent up to you? What about late evening situations where 3 of you enter the hotel lobby, everyone is stopped and gets sent to the front desk?

Or you won't, but you just escort (for you and your bud's safety) the St / LT girl to check in herself at the front desk.

I also looked at this hotel, looks very new and seems to have a Japanese theme.

http://www.maduzihotel.com/solitude-en.html

Paul Kausch
12-27-14, 18:10
What about late evening situations where 3 of you enter the hotel lobby, everyone is stopped and gets sent to the front desk?

I also looked at this hotel, looks very new and seems to have a Japanese theme.

http://www.maduzihotel.com/solitude-en.htmlOn several occasions I've walked into the hotel with two and even three guests with me. I have done this in the afternoon, the early evening and late at night, other than smiles and a "Hello M. Paul," no one seems to care. After all, Sofitel advertises they operate luxury hotels with a "French flair. " ;) I'd be shocked if a 5-star hotel would ever confront a guest entering the hotel with a female guest. Five-star hotels don't subject their guests to such treatment.

I will meet the lady in the lobby, take her to the concierge and have her leave her ID if I don't know her. When she leaves I let her go down on her own. I will get a call from the desk before the girl's ID is returned.

I've never stayed at the Maduzi, buy I am familiar with it. It does have a Japanese theme; the restaurant's chef is Japanese and his menu is French-Japanese fusion. With the exception of the standard rooms, it's room have huge beds, considerably larger than full King-size. They also have this interesting policy. When you register you give them a personal code name, such as "James Bond. " If someone walks in and asks for you by name they will tell the person there is no person by that name staying at the hotel. The person must know your personal code name. I've also noticed there are dramatic fluctuations in room prices. It pays to follow them on TripAdvisor and watch for a drastic price reduction on Agoda, Expedia, etc.

Kabukicho
12-27-14, 19:13
On several occasions I've walked into the hotel with two and even three guests with me. I have done this in the afternoon, the early evening and late at night, other than smiles and a "Hello M. Paul," no one seems to care. After all, Sofitel advertises they operate luxury hotels with a "French flair. " ;) I'd be shocked if a 5-star hotel would ever confront a guest entering the hotel with a female guest. Five-star hotels don't subject their guests to such treatment.

I will meet the lady in the lobby, take her to the concierge and have her leave her ID if I don't know her. When she leaves I let her go down on her own. I will get a call from the desk before the girl's ID is returned.

I've never stayed at the Maduzi, buy I am familiar with it. It does have a Japanese theme; the restaurant's chef is Japanese and his menu is French-Japanese fusion. With the exception of the standard rooms, it's room have huge beds, considerably larger than full King-size. They also have this interesting policy. When you register you give them a personal code name, such as "James Bond. " If someone walks in and asks for you by name they will tell the person there is no person by that name staying at the hotel. The person must know your personal code name. I've also noticed there are dramatic fluctuations in room prices. It pays to follow them on TripAdvisor and watch for a drastic price reduction on Agoda, Expedia, etc.That is absolutely fascinating heh heh. Yes I did read about the authentic Japanese Chef. Very tempting overall. Ah ha, wink wink on the 'french flair'. I'm also drawn by the 'loitering' around the Sofitel.

Just in general, does any anyone know if the hotel called.

Grand Sukhumvit.

No longer is GF? Saw it listed w / it being 'crossed out' on a list of GF friendly hotels on another well known website.

Really like the room and pricing for a suite. Seperated living room & bed area is cool dynamics for 3 people. Wish it had balconies though.

Paul Kausch
12-27-14, 22:06
Ah ha, wink wink on the 'french flair'. I'm also drawn by the 'loitering' around the Sofitel.

Just in general, does any anyone know if the hotel called.

Grand Sukhumvit.

No longer is GF?I don't stagger into the lobby drunk and acting obnoxious. Well at least not acting obnoxious. Act like a gentleman and you will never have a problem. Their attitude towards me and my hooker companions is like the English butler who is trained to ignore the naked tart passed out in the bed next to the master of the house. There are many good things about the Sofitel, but it's location is my main reason for staying there. You have a 7/11 next door. It is a 5 minute walk to the grocery store in the basement of Robinson's department store; another five minutes and you're at Terminal 21 and the Asoke BTS station; another five minutes to the Sukhumvit MRT. Eight minutes in the other direction and you are at the Nana BTS. Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are within walking distance. At night and into the wee hours there are many FLs hanging out at the numerous pop-up bars and food stalls along the sidewalk going toward Asoke. Stunners are rare, but some of the ladies are reasonably attractive. There are a lot of lady boys around, but a stern rejection seems to repel them.

I'd not heard that the Grand Sukhumvit was no longer GF.

Mogwai
12-28-14, 08:48
At mr. Kabukicho,

Don't worry too much about hotels being GF or not. I think there's hardly any hotel in the lower Sukhumvit area that is not GF. It's not a family destination after all.
Just book a room for two and you'll be fine.

If you want to have more than one guest then most hotels will charge you a fee. Paul Kausch' Sofitel might be an exception but I don't have much experience with 5 star hotels, LOL.
Or it could be that he booked a room for triple (or more) occupancy.

BionicMan
12-28-14, 18:35
At mr. Kabukicho,

Don't worry too much about hotels being GF or not. I think there's hardly any hotel in the lower Sukhumvit area that is not GF. It's not a family destination after all.

If you want to have more than one guest then most hotels will charge you a fee. Paul Kausch' Sofitel might be an exception but I don't have much experience with 5 star hotels, LOL.
Or it could be that he booked a room for triple (or more) occupancy.Sorry but I don't agree. Plenty of families in quite some 4 stars hotels in low sukhmivt, so you can't generalize. It does not mean you may not take your P4 P girls. There is even an hotel in Soi 5 if memory doesn't fail that requires a joiner fee.

IllusionHeart
12-28-14, 21:47
Though this hotel in Soi 15 is GF requires a joiner fee of 500 baht. I had booked room for two from 23 to 25th Dec but they did charge me.

Wolvenvacht
12-29-14, 07:40
Though this hotel in Soi 15 is GF requires a joiner fee of 500 baht. I had booked room for two from 23 to 25th Dec but they did charge me.And therefore Hotel Manhattan is not to be called "girlfriend friendly".

Mogwai
12-29-14, 08:09
Though this hotel in Soi 15 is GF requires a joiner fee of 500 baht. I had booked room for two from 23 to 25th Dec but they did charge me.You paid for a room for two and they stil charged you 500 B extra? That's pretty steep. Are you sure you were not conned by a receptionist who wanted to have some extra income?

Was it stated in the hotel's policies that they charge 500 B for a guest?

IllusionHeart
12-29-14, 09:31
You paid for a room for two and they stil charged you 500 B extra? That's pretty steep. Are you sure you were not conned by a receptionist who wanted to have some extra income?

Was it stated in the hotel's policies that they charge 500 B for a guest?Mogwai, real rush to get the first Laos girl from baccara into the room. Didn't engage or argue but the receptionist took money. Room was booked for two.

This now seems to be the second incident about me having bad luck in LOS or they sensing am new.

Taxi to and from pattaya took 400 extra. Hotel took 500.

Just read my FR later for some strange experiences...should post in next 2/3 days.

Daddy San
12-29-14, 10:52
Hi everyone,

In reply to my enquiry in January 2014 I got the following answer:

-snip-.

Greetings from the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, and thank you for your interest in the property.

Regarding to your inquiry about joiner fee, please be informed that hotel will charge at THB 1,000 Thai baht / person.

-snip-.

I stayed there for a week.

For the last 3 days, I had an old GF to stay with me. To avoid any discussions, I had her register as the second guest in my booked as double room.

Danibbler
12-30-14, 00:09
Hi everyone,

-snip-.

Greetings from the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, and thank you for your interest in the property.

Regarding to your inquiry about joiner fee, please be informed that hotel will charge at THB 1,000 Thai baht / person.

-snip-.
This is NOT a Novotel. Had me worried for a bit.

Rjsss212
12-30-14, 01:51
You paid for a room for two and they stil charged you 500 B extra? That's pretty steep.I think only the very cheapest of hotel / motels should charge for a single guest but if one were charged how much cheaper than 15 dollars should it be?

Syzygies
12-30-14, 08:21
I have stayed at Lotus before (several years ago) but with GF checked in.

In all my years in Bangkok I have stayed at many Hotels, including a couple of family hotels, not GF, such as Bangkok Palace in Makkasan, and Tai Pan doubtful, however I don't recall ever actually paying a joiner fee. Maybe once only in Baiyoke Suites many years ago. I forget now details of the problem with security. Too long ago.

Perhaps its because I rarely take girls back to my room unless I know them very well and I am staying very close to the bar area. I also avoided problems by checking in trusted girls on occasions.

Maybe booking a room for 2 has gone a fair way to avoiding problems.

Plus there are known good Hotels to use. Admiral Premier did not blink too much when I showed up with 3 girls.

If readers here, picked up one of the highly recommended Hotels for mongering purposes, most problems would melt away, including joiner fees.

Daddy San
12-30-14, 17:33
This is NOT a Novotel. Had me worried for a bit.You are partially right.

Lotus 33 is "managed by Accor" and Novotel is also a part of Accor.

http://www.accor.com/en/brands/brand-portfolio/novotel.html

Sunlover2
12-30-14, 20:39
Though this hotel in Soi 15 is GF requires a joiner fee of 500 baht. I had booked room for two from 23 to 25th Dec but they did charge me.When you book a hotel room for two (double occupancy) is generally means two registered guests vs one registered guest and one joiner.

SunLover.

IllusionHeart
12-31-14, 04:19
When you book a hotel room for two (double occupancy) is generally means two registered guests vs one registered guest and one joiner.

SunLover.That was the understanding I also carried and on my last trip I was staying in Sofitel and they also understood it well. Somehow manhattan staff seems to have developed their own understanding. Not going to be staying with them in future.

The Pro
12-31-14, 06:30
Hi everyone,

-snip-.

-snip-.

I stayed there for a week.

For the last 3 days, I had an old GF to stay with me. To avoid any discussions, I had her register as the second guest in my booked as double room.Some hotels will attempt to get you to pay a joiner fee even if you have booked a double room.

This is Thailand. What do you expect. Of course they are going to try and get more money out of you.

All you have to do, if you have booked a double room, is to check the girl in as the 2nd person. By doing so they can no longer demand a joiner fee as you have booked a double room and are now registering her as the 2nd person.

If she is a short stay guest, be sure the next day to "check her out" of you room so you can then check a new second person in for the next night. A double room booking means you have paid for 2 people to sleep in the room per night. You can change who the 2nd person is each night if you wish.

Now, if you have booked a single room then the hotel is within their right to ask for more money for a 2nd person. However the hotel must advertise that there are different rates for single or double occupancy.

The key important thing is always book a double room, or 2 persons per room when you make the booking. Provided you have done that you will not have to pay, will not stop them trying it on, however you have a confirmed booking for 2 people so you can check in a 2nd person without extra charge.

Danibbler
12-31-14, 10:15
You are partially right.

Lotus 33 is "managed by Accor" and Novotel is also a part of Accor.

http://www.accor.com/en/brands/brand-portfolio/novotel.htmlNot sure what the logic is there but it is still not a Novotel. Just as it is not a Sofitel nor is it an Ibis. Those are all Accor brands.

Kabukicho
12-31-14, 18:15
At mr. Kabukicho,

Or it could be that he booked a room for triple (or more) occupancy.Heheh, I do intend a room for 2, bec. Most likely I won't fly in for vaca alone, so 2 will use the room for the entire stay anyway, so my original quest jsut to clarify was, what then happens when some of the nights of the stay I'd bring in 1 guest. Maybe if I don't walk in as 3 togehter it'd be fine, but I think as PK suggests, for sofitel 5 star, it won't matter.

The prices for sofitel sukumvit. Esp if successfully employing their best price garauntee: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/conditions.shtml#depart.

Is very on par to booking prices of hotels in North America / Canada. But for a 5 star (sofitel).

Problem is I've read online of really bad customer serivce, basically non responsive communication from accor after submitting a price claim, leaving you high and dry.

You basically have 24 hours to submit a lower price you have found. But they (accor) don't get back to you.

I've never seen that lack of customer service behavior from a large world chain.

Simian
12-31-14, 19:12
The prices for sofitel sukumvit. Esp if successfully employing their best price garauntee: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/conditions.shtml#depart.

Is very on par to booking prices of hotels in North America / Canada. But for a 5 star (sofitel).

Problem is I've read online of really bad customer serivce, basically non responsive communication from accor after submitting a price claim, leaving you high and dry.

You basically have 24 hours to submit a lower price you have found. But they (accor) don't get back to you.

I've never seen that lack of customer service behavior from a large world chain.I have stayed in the Sofitel on Sukhumvit. Location is good but there are plenty of other hotels nearby with equally good locations. Yes, you get a bath, access to a pool and a reasonably large room but this costs you big time. Frankly, compared with Citadine on soi 11 which you can get a one bedroom apartment for a fraction of the Sofitel price, the Sofitel is not good value. I find the Sofitel bathroom has too many subdividers. There is no microwave in the room. The fridge is filled to the brim with stuff that Sofitel want to charge you for. Clearly, the fridge is not intended for use by the customer. Like everything in this hotel, everything is orientated as a means to extract large amounts of money from the customer. They even have a bottle of mineral water on the counter with a price tag of 250 baht on it. The van that takes you to the airport costs over 2,000 baht (at the prices the hotel charges, you would expect it to be free!

This brings me to the prices of food and beverage in the hotel - 250 baht for a small cafe latte (when Starbucks charges 105 baht for a much larger and superior quality latte). Breakfast is very expensive as is everything else in this hotel.

The bed is large but the mattress pad is too loose and wrinkles up, giving me a pain in my back. No master switch for the lights. Not enough free plug sockets. Wifi is about as good as Citadine and the room is quiet. But the design is not done with the customer in mind. For instance, it is not clear how the shower works. The double swing doors on the bathroom are not appropriate as a design, especially for a large European. Could not find any off-switch for the light on the vanity mirror. Lots of fiddly things that irritated me a lot.

Paul Kausch
12-31-14, 22:08
I have stayed in the Sofitel on Sukhumvit. Location is good but there are plenty of other hotels nearby with equally good locations.

Lots of fiddly things that irritated me a lot.There are many good hotels along lower Sukhumvit. JW Marriott and the Sheraton Grand are the other 5-star hotels that come to mind. I prefer the Sofitel because it is newer, so it has less wear and tear, and it is less expensive than these other properties. However, there are many good three and four star properties in the vicinity that offer good value.

The Citadine Soi 11 is approximately half as expensive as the Sofitel, and one-third the price of the Sheraton Grand. The basic room at the Sofitel is almost 25% larger than the executive studio at the Citadine. The Citadine has a mini kitchen. The Sofitel does not even have a microwave. If you're looking for a decent size room, comfortable bed, nice bathroom and facilities for food preparation at a good price, the Citadine is an excellent choice.

I make little use of the Sofitel's pool, but appreciate the much better than average hotel gym that is open 24-hours; and an excellent locker room with all the amenities that is open during the day. I typically use it rather than the bathroom in my room in the morning to shower and shave.

The Sofitel does fill the refrigerator with its overpriced stuff. I deal with that by calling the front desk and telling them I need more room in the refrigerator. They send a person up to take stuff out and make an inventory, which I sign. I inspect my final bill closely. There have never been incorrect charges.

There is bottled water in the room at ridiculous prices. But the hotel also provides as many bottles of complimentary water as you require. I called once to request another bottle. They brought two and from that time on made sure there were four or five bottles of complimentary water in my room when they made up my room and at the evening turn down.

I think the Sofitel's breakfast is very good. I got it free, so to speak. I booked a standard room, requested an upgrade, which the hotel offered at a very reasonable rate. I was also offered about 50% off on the breakfast, which I declined. They then gave me the breakfast at no additional cost. I ordered room service a couple of times. The food was expensive, as I expected. Room service food can be a logistical problem for hotels. The hotel financials I've seen showed it is not a lucrative profit center and is offered as much as a service as to make money. I did not eat at the cafe off the lobby. I don't care for sweet pastries. I did drink and eat at the bar on the 32nd floor. It was expensive. The view was fantastic. My date loved it and later expressed her appreciation.

I had no problem figuring out how the shower worked or locating the light switch on the small mirror attached to the wall above the vanity; and I didn't have a problem with the enclosures for the shower and commode. My only problems with the bathroom were water getting on the floor outside the shower and poor lighting around the sink. In fact, generally I found the room to be poorly lit. I find this to be a common problem in newer 5-star hotels. I agree, pocket doors for the bathroom would have been better than the swinging double doors, but much more expensive (I'll come back to this point shortly.) I agree there are not enough electrical outlets and the switches for the lighting are not well-thought out. But again, I've encountered this problem in other hotels. I do believe there is a reason for this. Hotels are simply cutting corners to keep their construction costs down, which allow them to keep the room costs down. The 5-star hotels are spending money on decorative stuff rather than practical stuff.

For me the Sofitel beds are extremely comfortable. I also had a nice work desk, sofa and comfortable stuffed arm chair in my room. I was staying in a corner room on a club floor. There were plenty of closets and wardrobe space, which I need as I bring a lot of clothes for long trips and require both business and casual clothing. Ample closet space is a problem I often encounter in hotels. During the day the curtains didn't make the room as dark as I prefer for napping.

Every 5-star hotel I've ever stayed in has had many additional charges for all sorts of stuff. These can add up. You can "avoid" these by paying more for your room. Reserve a suite on the club floor at rack rate and they'll happily pick you up at the airport for "free. " I don't have a problem with these charges, because I don't pay them. What I can't get for free through my loyalty program membership I forego.

I didn't write this to quibble. We all have our opinions, which are perfectly valid. I've stayed at other 5-star properties in Bangkok. As I mentioned, I've had similar problems with them. I stayed at a Sofitel in Macau on my last trip. It had many of the same problems. Curiously, I stayed in a new Ibis in Hong Kong (Accor's 3-star brand.) I thought it was very Spartan and the room small; but I had fewer practical problems with it than with the Sofitel hotel rooms I stayed in. Perhaps the three and four star properties know they have to offer value and the practical things travelers are looking for to compete. The 5-star properties just focus on the glitz and amenities. But then there are those special properties that offer it all, and you really pay for it.

Generally, when I travel I look for good 3-star properties in good locations. Location is most important to me. I "splurge" on the 5-star hotels in Bangkok because they are so cheap. The Ibis I stayed at in Hong Kong was more expensive than the Sofitel in Bangkok. A 5-star hotel on Hong Kong Island will cost US $400 a night and up! This spring I will be able to stay at the Sofitel in Bangkok for US $105 per night, including all taxes. And I will get some nice upgrades at little or no cost when I check in.

Kabukicho
12-31-14, 22:25
I just like what I've read about the sofitel having the best sw outside hehe. As is the case for any mongering city eh, there is always 'that' hotel.

I wanted to like the citadines, but looked at the pics and it looks like one of those new but slightly cheesy ones as far as rooms go. The grand sukumwit looks more posh just to give an idea what I mean. And I'm sure no SW outside like the kinds described beside the sofitel. Just like the dynastygrande looks a bit cheesy. These local ones are like that, laminated looking walls.

Vs. The grand sukumvit, by accor, looks more rich (the rooms). Granted I'm not checking the price range of the grand sukumvit, I'm just guessing it's not a 5 star or 4 star.

MichaelSamuel
12-31-14, 23:36
This was my 3rd time in Bangkok and booked the Grand Center Pointe Terminal 21 through agoda for 4 nights with breakfast for $125 USD a night all in and could not have had a better experience. Whenever available I have a new go to spot in Bangkok. Previously I had stayed at the JW Marriott and Dawin. Both the previous properties were good, and I have no complaints about either. I had found I preferred cowboy over nana so wanted to be closer to the action and try a new section of the suk. I thought I got on the wrong train at the aiport when I realized it wasn't the express, but later saw the signs about it not running. Then took MRT one stop and coming up the escalator there is actually a sign for the hotel so location can't be any easier. I had a dive bag and duffel with me but was easy on all those distances to carry it myself so you can save a few baht using public transport. Check-in was smooth and even though I was next in line the business desk check-in person came over and took me back to the desk and checked me in and gave me a free upgrade from superior to deluxe room. I thought the room was terrific, view was incredible, large fridge, great bathroom with Japanese toilet (now I wait on every toilet I sit on waiting for it to wash and dry me, totally spoiled), and plenty of closet and room space. The staff throughout was always friendly and accommodating. Ordered some room service when I arrived as I had to sort through clothes to take to my preferred laundry in Nana and was delivered promptly and quite affordable. Club sandwich, fries, and soda for around $12. Pool was also great and my girl didn't go with me until last day and said she wished she had brought a bathing suit to join me. Breakfast was good, but didn't wow me, next time I would skip the extra charge.

While everything about the property was great, the location is what really did it for me. You never have to step on the street to get to the BTS, MRT, or cowboy (well maybe 10 m on the street). For cowboy walk down through the MRT station and back up, it's quicker than the elevated walkway (my girl showed me that shortcut, think there is a chance she made that walk before? Hahaha). The last part that made the location great was the terminal 21 mall. Virtually unlimited food options for every meal (hence why breakfast at hotel could be skipped, or even just order room service). Also in bottom level of terminal 21 is a market for picking up drinks or any other supplies you want for the room. In summary just a great property and my personal favorite to date. Now just need t get those other FR written.

MichaelSamuel
12-31-14, 23:42
Wanted to see if any frequent Bangkok visitors had any particular website or hotel room price tactics beyond the normal agoda, booking, tripadvisor, or property specific ones. I have used agoda primarily in the past and done well along with the hotels own site (I. E. Hilton, Marriott) but wanted to see if anyone had any success in Bangkok via other methods. Walking up to the desk or maybe keeping email of concierge? Mostly asking since my favorite hotel, GCP T21 is asking way too much for an upcoming trip and was looking for alternative pricing routes.

Thanks ahead for any insights.

Sunlover2
01-01-15, 01:04
Wanted to see if any frequent Bangkok visitors had any particular website or hotel room price tactics beyond the normal agoda, booking, tripadvisor, or property specific ones.The hotel I stay at in BKK is the same price 365 days a year. So it has fixed pricing vs. Variable pricing. High season, low season, last minute; it does not matter. So during high season it is a relative deal, and during low season you can usually do better for the same money.

My other advice would be:
* Contact the hotel directly and try to negotiate a deal.
* Ask for a long stay (15 or 30 days) discount if your trip allows.
* Shop in person and offer to pay in advance: think show me the money and cash is king.

SunLover.

Syzygies
01-01-15, 05:28
Generally, when I travel I look for good 3-star properties in good locations. Location is most important to me. I "splurge" on the 5-star hotels in Bangkok because they are so cheap.Why is location so important and what makes for a good location?

I think it depends on how many times you need to leave your Hotel and return per day. For some people value for money is much more important than location providing there are easy mechanisms to get to where you want to be without spending an arm and a leg in money or wasting too much time.

I once stayed in Asoke residence that was close to Petchburi road and close to Petchburi MRT. The location would have been quite okay As could get to Nana Plaza or Dr. BJ, as examples with short 5 min motorcycle ride. Drawback turned out to be noisy construction work nearby during daytime. So I think noise level is one of the most important location issues. 2nd is ability to get to BTS or MRT station quickly. 3rd is to be a spot not too affected by continuous traffic jams. Sukhumvit Soi 4 is not a great Soi to stay in due to difficulty of taxi access in and out.

I recently decided to stay a few days in Silom. Simply the location was close to "the girl's" house.

Generally I like any of the Sois close to Soi Asoke and not too far from Sukhumvit road. This is close to BTS MRT intersection.

Paul Kausch
01-01-15, 06:30
Why is location so important and what makes for a good location?

Convenience.

I'm sure you're familiar with the saying about the three most important things in real estate.

To me a good location is related to proximity to certain stores and transportation. From the Sofitel I can easily get to BTS and MRT. I use both to get to various business destinations. I know other hotels are closer, such as the Sheraton Grand and the Centre Point Hotel in Terminal 21, but the Sofitel is close enough for me. And, for example, there is a 7/11 next door to the hotel, and a super market very close by in the basement of Robinsons. I also like to go down in the wee hours of the morning and get something to eat at one of the sidewalk stalls, sit, drink a beer and watch the show. It's nice that the walk back to my hotel is just a few meters.

Allover
01-01-15, 07:10
Location is the most important factor for me when I choose a BKK hotel. I live in California, am in my early 60's, and the BKK humidity absolutely kills me. I just can't walk far in that heat and therefore want to be very close to the MRT and BTS. I also return to my hotel 2-3 times per day and a convenient location matters. That's why I use Grand President or S Sukhumvit Suites. S Sukhumvit has an unbelievable location next to the Citi Bank at Suk / Soi Asoke. From Grand Pres there is a shortcut through the Park Hotel parking lot that is good for going to Bier Garden, Soi 7/1, a BTS entrance with an escalator, and even Nana. And Soi 11 is my favorite street in BKK.

Syzygies
01-02-15, 05:37
Tips for finding a good Hotel at a good price, or value for money. If this is not all completely obvious? However I see many newbies listing some strange choices that they are considering.

I don't usually go very much over $100 or 3000 Baht, unless the special girl warrants it LOL, and sometimes take around 2000 Baht. In general, a girl will prefer extra money to be spent on her instead of wasted on a luxury Hotel, as long as Hotel is still a good standard and very practical. A girl will not want you to spend 2000 Baht extra on a room if she could have got that money instead. My girl was once very upset with the over the top bill in a posh French Restaurant in Phrom Phong, and food wasn't that extraordinary. She could have put 4 K to 5 K Baht to far better use and she did not particularly like the very rich tastes. LOL.

1. Go to www.Booking.com and pick Bangkok. Enter your dates.

2. Pick the location you want to be in, e. G. For me Asoke. Others might want Sukhumvit Wattana.

3. Search and sort by "Review Score" showing prices per night. All the really good hotels will have a score of 8. 0 or higher but prices vary a lot.

E. g. At a good price, Admiral Premier, Mermaid, FuramaX, Grand Mercure, Silq, etc. Show up, all places I am happy with, plus a few super bargain places that I don't know.

Perhaps can go lower than 8. 0 points average score for places where price is super low, however I would resist that unless few options.

4. Open some places in a new window to check your special things like pool, separate shower, etc. Or include extra parameters in the search if they are a mandatory.

Some Hotels are missing like Column (rating 8. 5). Seems to be a fault not linking it to correct area. In peak season its price will be high, but I recommend it for times when price has significantly dropped. You always have to choose different Hotels based on best value for money at the time.

I believe large Chinese tour groups coming into good Hotels are causing prices to fluctuate badly at certain times. E. g. Admiral Premier can be very expensive at time when a tour comes in.

Citadines 23 and Amora Neo Luxe are just below a 8. 0 average review rating. In my opinion this is fair (have tried them both) and they are not quite as good as other places rated 8. 0 and higher. Wolvenvacht likes Citadines 23 but I did not. Rather hard mattresses do not suit me (Wolven likes that). Just one of the issues. I did not take to the staff either, which is rare for me. I think you can do better for a similar price.

I like websites like Wotif and Booking.com that include taxes in the price quoted. I prefer to avoid Agoda for this reason. Agoda's prices are bullshit prices to make them look cheapest.

LA Guy 5
01-02-15, 06:08
Tips for finding a good Hotel at a good price, or value for money. If this is not all completely obvious? However I see many newbies listing some strange choices that they are considering.

I don't usually go very much over $100 or 3000 Baht, unless the special girl warrants it LOL, and sometimes take around 2000 Baht. In general, a girl will prefer extra money to be spent on her instead of wasted on a luxury Hotel, as long as Hotel is still a good standard and very practical. A girl will not want you to spend 2000 Baht extra on a room if she could have got that money instead. My girl was once very upset with the over the top bill in a posh French Restaurant in Phrom Phong, and food wasn't that extraordinary. She could have put 4 K to 5 K Baht to far better use and she did not particularly like the very rich tastes. LOL.

1. Go to www.Booking.com and pick Bangkok. Enter your dates.

2. Pick the location you want to be in, e. G. For me Asoke. Others might want Sukhumvit Wattana.

3. Search and sort by "Review Score" showing prices per night. All the really good hotels will have a score of 8. 0 or higher but prices vary a lot.

E. g. At a good price, Admiral Premier, Mermaid, FuramaX, Grand Mercure, Silq, etc. Show up, all places I am happy with, plus a few super bargain places that I don't know.

Perhaps can go lower than 8. 0 points average score for places where price is super low, however I would resist that unless few options.

4. Open some places in a new window to check your special things like pool, separate shower, etc. Or include extra parameters in the search if they are a mandatory.

Some Hotels are missing like Column (rating 8. 5). Seems to be a fault not linking it to correct area. In peak season its price will be high, but I recommend it for times when price has significantly dropped. You always have to choose different Hotels based on best value for money at the time.

I believe large Chinese tour groups coming into good Hotels are causing prices to fluctuate badly at certain times. E. g. Admiral Premier can be very expensive at time when a tour comes in.

Citadines 23 and Amora Neo Luxe are just below a 8. 0 average review rating. In my opinion this is fair (have tried them both) and they are not quite as good as other places rated 8. 0 and higher. Wolvenvacht likes Citadines 23 but I did not. Rather hard mattresses do not suit me (Wolven likes that). Just one of the issues. I did not take to the staff either, which is rare for me. I think you can do better for a similar price.

I like websites like Wotif and Booking.com that include taxes in the price quoted. I prefer to avoid Agoda for this reason. Agoda's prices are bullshit prices to make them look cheapest.I agree this approach may be the best for the infrequent traveler. However, if one spends more than 50 days a year in hotels, there is merit in obtaining Starwood Platinum status, or for the higher rollers Hyatt Diamond, by staying at their hotels (actually Marriott and some other hotel chains may also be an option, although I have found the Starwood and Hyatt programs more suited to my needs). Starwood has a large number of hotels in Bangkok, including the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit, the Westin, Plaza Athenee, Aloft, Four Points, Sheraton Royal Orchid, LE Meridien, W, and St. Regis. By obtaining Starwood Platinum status (50 nights a year, including any award nights spent) you obtain a high probability of a suite upgrade at most of their properties, free breakfast, free drinks and food during the early evening at their lounge (some hotels), free internet (which has become more common at most hotels these days, irrespective of frequent guest status), accumulation of points for future free stays, and so forth. It is necessary if one wishes to receive the benefits from the frequent guest program, however, that the booking is made on the hotel chain's website or directly with the hotel (at least for Starwood, and probably Hyatt as well).

So while during my early Bangkok days, I would shop around for the best deal on an acceptable hotel, now that I travel more the best deal often is one that ties into a frequent guest hotel program. And although some of the hotels mentioned above are expensive by Bangkok standards (not by international standards, however), there are also some relatively inexpensive choices among them.

Paul Kausch
01-02-15, 17:10
I agree this approach may be the best for the infrequent traveler. However, if one spends more than 50 days a year in hotels, there is merit in obtaining Starwood Platinum status, or for the higher rollers Hyatt Diamond, by staying at their hotels (actually Marriott and some other hotel chains may also be an option, although I have found the Starwood and Hyatt programs more suited to my needs).I Agree. As I've reported before, I belong to Le Club Accor. With my membership I get better rates than you will find on Agoda, Expeding, Hotel.com or any other hotel booking website. I also get many upgrades and amenities such as corner rooms on club floor and the breakfast buffet for free or for next to nothing, evening in high season.

Syzygies
01-03-15, 03:46
I
So while during my early Bangkok days, I would shop around for the best deal on an acceptable hotel, now that I travel more the best deal often is one that ties into a frequent guest hotel program. And although some of the hotels mentioned above are expensive by Bangkok standards (not by international standards, however), there are also some relatively inexpensive choices among them.Sure its like I have many flights per year so I stick with Star Alliance to get my points.

You don't actually say what you pay on average per night, for room, breakfast and internet, taking into account all the discounts / freebies. So we can't tell if you are actually saving a lot of money in the long run, compared to picking favourable prices from miscellaneous Hotels. Maybe you don't know either.

Obviously a Hotel Group does want to offer discounts for very frequent guests, as Hotels are mostly under booked in total, so better to have guests making a little money than nothing.

I don't actually spend anything close to 50 nights in Hotels. I rent somewhere by the month. May buy something later. Staying in Thailand for 4 months per year, its still cheaper than Hotels working out to about 1 K per day (that I am actually there). Its location is not intended for mongering, but I can still get to the action (when deprived) on BTS fairly cheaply. i.e. 20 mins to get to Soi 7/1 for a Nuru BS. I occasionally stay in a Hotel for special mongering purposes. It is always chosen for price, location, and special facilities. Being part of a particular chain could be a bit restrictive for me, when I don't always choose the same general location.

Syzygies
01-03-15, 03:47
I Agree. As I've reported before, I belong to Le Club Accor. With my membership I get better rates than you will find on Agoda, Expeding, Hotel.com or any other hotel booking website. I also get many upgrades and amenities such as corner rooms on club floor and the breakfast buffet for free or for next to nothing, evening in high season.Its not so much all the freebies for many. Its the total or average cost that matters.

I am always amazed by some mongers that stay in Hotels flamboyantly but get so stingy when it comes to paying a girl. Not referring to you of course. I prefer to go the other way and spend less on accommodation more on girls.

Sunlover2
01-03-15, 11:47
I am always amazed by some mongers that stay in Hotels flamboyantly but get so stingy when it comes to paying a girl.Some people are on business expense accounts or reward points so the cost of the hotel stay is zero. No apersions; good for them. It is what it is.

Not referring to you of course. I prefer to go the other way and spend less on accommodation more on girls.That is my strategy also. I learned after my first Bangkok visit that while the upper end hotels are cheap when compared to the rest of the world they did not necessary add to my mongering experience, and have actually come to prefer the mid-tier and one-off type places.

YMMV.

Kabukicho
01-03-15, 23:17
Location is the most important factor for me when I choose a BKK hotel. I live in California, am in my early 60's, and the BKK humidity absolutely kills me. I just can't walk far in that heat and therefore want to be very close to the MRT and BTS. I also return to my hotel 2-3 times per day and a convenient location matters. That's why I use Grand President or S Sukhumvit Suites. S Sukhumvit has an unbelievable location next to the Citi Bank at Suk / Soi Asoke. From Grand Pres there is a shortcut through the Park Hotel parking lot that is good for going to Bier Garden, Soi 7/1, a BTS entrance with an escalator, and even Nana. And Soi 11 is my favorite street in BKK.Does hsbc exist any more for Bangkok? Hsbc is very avail for many asian locales around the world. I don't do banking with citi incidentally.

It looks like the ATM fees are $5 usd for transactions outside of your bank. As I'd rather not carry much local curreny in pockets ea. Night, I kinda feel like withdrawals could be a frequent thing, any post thailand travellers with western banks can say if they are good for waiving the fees as courtesy after your vacation is over?

LA Guy 5
01-03-15, 23:24
Sure its like I have many flights per year so I stick with Star Alliance to get my points.

You don't actually say what you pay on average per night, for room, breakfast and internet, taking into account all the discounts / freebies. So we can't tell if you are actually saving a lot of money in the long run, compared to picking favourable prices from miscellaneous Hotels. Maybe you don't know either.

Obviously a Hotel Group does want to offer discounts for very frequent guests, as Hotels are mostly under booked in total, so better to have guests making a little money than nothing.

Okay, I'll bite. My last stay in Bangkok was for 19 days at Starwood properties. Fifteen were free using points at a five-star hotel and I was upgraded to a huge suite, as I always am at that hotel irrespective of whether I pay cash or use points. Breakfast, internet, afternoon tea (with light food), drinks (from 6 to 8 pm), and evening hor-dourves (sufficient to constitute dinner) were also included for free. I stayed at another five-star (but maybe leaning in the four-star direction) hotel in the same chain for a bit less than 3500 baht + a night for the other four nights (the plus being tax and ten percent service charge). I was upgraded to a suite (although not as large as the first hotel's), there was no internet charge, I had free breakfasts and free drinks from 5 pm to 7 pm (with hor dourves). Quite a variety of drinks for free during cocktail hour, including maybe five types of martinis. The first was a 10-minute walk to Nana, the second a five-minute walk to Patpong.

I should say though after having done a number of these free hotel stays the last few years, I am getting somewhat low on points, for me at least. I now only have enough banked for about another 25 free nights at these hotels. To be fair, while many of the points were earned staying at Starwood hotels, many others were earned using the Starwood American Express card on other purchases (I only use it within the United States though as that card has a 2. 7 percent foreign currency conversion charge). Also, I travel to other places on business and accumulate points that way, although the last four years I have stayed primarily at another chain's hotels when on business so have not accumulated many Starwood points that way. As to staying at the hotels, when their rates are low (I. E. , 3500 baht or less) I often elect to pay, but not always. Another factor that informs my decision whether to pay or use points is whether they are running point promotions, such as three times points, and so forth, as those points can accumulate fairly quickly.

When I do pay, I never pay more than 4,000 baht + a night, usually less. But at least for the last few years I spend more nights getting free rooms than paying for them. And it should be added the cash prices vary a lot from week to week, so having the free option using points (no black out days) means I never have to pay when the cash prices are high.
f
Now obviously not everyone, and indeed not most, will be able to play this game the way I have owing to the fact some of my point accumulation is from business travel (but not most of it), and I also acquire points using the co-branded credit card. But if one does a lot of travel, and pays attention to the factors I list above (like leaning towards using points when prices are high, or when the hotel brand is not offering a point promotion (which they often do if one registers for it, meaning pays attention to such things), one can do very very well. And I just checked. The hotel I paid around 3,500 baht a night for four nights was running a point promotion during that time. The points I accumulated from that stay come close (about 75 percent) to the number of points I will need for another free night.

LA Guy 5
01-04-15, 03:54
I neglected to mention in my earlier post that when I do pay, I always book through the hotel chain's website. As a result I get the same rate any member of the public would. But the various perks and free rooms are the result of participating in the chain's frequent guest program and achieving a high status within that program.

In my extensive experience, it is not so obvious hotel groups offer discounts to very frequent guests. The exception is if you stay at a particular hotel on business many days a year, you might be able to contract for a corporate or special rate. But as an individual, not a corporate group, the discount often is not so much. Indeed I have been offered contracted rates that turned out to be more costly than what the hotel often offered on their chain's website, at least on many days of the year. But since I'm not in Bangkok on business (unless monkey business counts) I have never explored the option of a contracted rate with any Bangkok hotel.

Sunlover2
01-04-15, 07:14
Does hsbc exist any more for Bangkok? Hsbc is very avail for many asian locales around the world. I don't do banking with citi incidentally.
No; HSBC sold their retail banking operations in Thailand a few years back. Pissed me off some as I was a customer and liked having the option.

SunLover.

OldGentleman
01-06-15, 15:35
Recently stayed at president palace hotel Soi 11.

Advantages easy check in, good breakfast, clean swimming pool, minimum outside noise. Quite economical, large spacious rooms and bathrooms, courteous staff, WiFi.

Not that strong, beds comfortable, extra towels, they gave me nearly 4 sets off course with tips to house keeping very much girl friendly.

Around 300 meters to Nana station adjacent to clubs at aloft and hotel ambassador.

Try club class.

Ogm

Rodwint2
01-07-15, 00:48
Recently stayed at president palace hotel Soi 11.

Advantages easy check in, good breakfast, clean swimming pool, minimum outside noise. Quite economical, large spacious rooms and bathrooms, courteous staff, WiFi.

Not that strong, beds comfortable, extra towels, they gave me nearly 4 sets off course with tips to house keeping very much girl friendly.

Around 300 meters to Nana station adjacent to clubs at aloft and hotel ambassador.

Try club class.

OgmWhere is Club Class?

OldGentleman
01-07-15, 09:08
Where is Club Class?Sorry my mistake it is Deluxe club and Superior club after 14th floor with separate restaurant but limited menu.

Ogm

Rodwint2
01-07-15, 22:58
Sorry my mistake it is Deluxe club and Superior club after 14th floor with separate restaurant but limited menu.

OgmThanks for your response, but were you referring to the Grand President hotel or Aloft or another hotel? I have stayed at the Grand President and don't remember it having any special class of rooms or a separate restaurant.

Rodwint2
01-08-15, 00:23
Thanks for your response, but were you referring to the Grand President hotel or Aloft or another hotel? I have stayed at the Grand President and don't remember it having any special class of rooms or a separate restaurant.Sorry, I did not realize that the reference to the club rooms were related to the President Palace hotel next to the Grand Presidents. My apologies.

Robert Long
01-08-15, 08:01
I Agree. As I've reported before, I belong to Le Club Accor. With my membership I get better rates than you will find on Agoda, Expeding, Hotel.com or any other hotel booking website. I also get many upgrades and amenities such as corner rooms on club floor and the breakfast buffet for free or for next to nothing, evening in high season.Paul, any problems with WG's at the Accor hotels. I am a LE Club member also. I always book for 2 but just wondering if any issues arise?

RL.

Paul Kausch
01-08-15, 09:08
Paul, any problems with WG's at the Accor hotels. I am a LE Club member also. I always book for 2 but just wondering if any issues arise?

RL.None whatsoever. On more than one occasion I've even had two girls in my room at the same time without a problem. I also book room for two.

ShiftTab
01-15-15, 18:41
Hi everyone,

I booked a room in the Rembrandt hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 18 in Bangkok and wondered if the hotels on this street are patronized by lots of Indians. I stayed near Terminal 21 two years ago and it was nice, but I remember there were a lot of Indians in the hotels on Soi 18 and 20. The local Thais don't have a high opinion of Indians and I really don't want to stay in a hotel full of Indian tourists. I've seen many of them when I was in Bangkok before and I don't think I would like their company. I hope I didn't offend any of the Indian readers here, but this is just from my previous experience.

Allover
01-16-15, 01:02
Hi everyone,

I booked a room in the Rembrandt hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 18 in Bangkok and wondered if the hotels on this street are patronized by lots of Indians. I stayed near Terminal 21 two years ago and it was nice, but I remember there were a lot of Indians in the hotels on Soi 18 and 20. The local Thais don't have a high opinion of Indians and I really don't want to stay in a hotel full of Indian tourists. I've seen many of them when I was in Bangkok before and I don't think I would like their company. I hope I didn't offend any of the Indian readers here, but this is just from my previous experience.You remember there were a lot of Indians on Soi 18 two years ago but you wonder if there are a lot of them at Soi 18 hotels now? The answer is it probably hasn't changed much. And your question is offensive despite your best efforts to be sensitive.

Harry Dude
01-17-15, 09:10
Hi everyone,

I booked a room in the Rembrandt hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 18 in Bangkok and wondered if the hotels on this street are patronized by lots of Indians. I stayed near Terminal 21 two years ago and it was nice, but I remember there were a lot of Indians in the hotels on Soi 18 and 20. The local Thais don't have a high opinion of Indians and I really don't want to stay in a hotel full of Indian tourists. I've seen many of them when I was in Bangkok before and I don't think I would like their company. I hope I didn't offend any of the Indian readers here, but this is just from my previous experience.Despite your somewhat politically incorrect question: I stayed in the Rembrandt hotel exactly a year ago. I had breakfast in the executive lounge every day for 5 days. As far as I can recall there were mostly Europeans in the lounge, plus a particularly loud American. Scandinavian Airlines seems to have some sort of crew-deal with this hotel. I have stayed in other hotels that have seemed to be very popular with Indians (Amari Soi 5, Grand President Soi 11).

The Rembrandt does have a popular Indian restaurant on premises though. Note: You may be charged a joiner fee if you bring back girls to Rembrandt, unless you manage to sneak past the staff.

Soi 18 (I was there a week ago, one of my current favorite massage ladies works in one of the massage shops in that Soi) is not noticeably overrun by any particular ethnic group.

RangeLove
01-17-15, 12:05
I stayed once at S31 Sukumvit hotel and once at Legacy Suites (Sukhumvit soi 29).

I can recommend both hotels.

I have a slightly preference for S31 because it is a newer hotel.

The suites are very nice with a staircase to go to the bedroom and bathroom which are at the upper level.

But it was difficult to close the curtains completely because they are so tall.

I didn't like that because I always slept till afternoon.

The suites at Legacy suites are also nice but older than S31.

And the whole room is at the same level and that is not as spectacular as S31 hotel.

Both hotels are 100 % girlfriendly and the staff doesn't say anything about bringing girls to your room.

ShiftTab
01-17-15, 16:10
Despite your somewhat politically incorrect question: I stayed in the Rembrandt hotel exactly a year ago. I had breakfast in the executive lounge every day for 5 days. As far as I can recall there were mostly Europeans in the lounge, plus a particularly loud American. Scandinavian Airlines seems to have some sort of crew-deal with this hotel. I have stayed in other hotels that have seemed to be very popular with Indians (Amari Soi 5, Grand President Soi 11).

The Rembrandt does have a popular Indian restaurant on premises though. Note: You may be charged a joiner fee if you bring back girls to Rembrandt, unless you manage to sneak past the staff.

Soi 18 (I was there a week ago, one of my current favorite massage ladies works in one of the massage shops in that Soi) is not noticeably overrun by any particular ethnic group.Thank you Harry for the information. I know the question is not politically correct, but I didn't know how else to word it. I guess I'm just not politically correct. I chose the Rembrandt because it was close to the BTS and MRT station at Soi Asoke, but I won't be going to Soi Cowboy or any of the places nearby.

Stevebny
01-22-15, 04:41
You remember there were a lot of Indians on Soi 18 two years ago but you wonder if there are a lot of them at Soi 18 hotels now? The answer is it probably hasn't changed much. And your question is offensive despite your best efforts to be sensitive.It hasn't changed much really. There's more Indian visitors (private / group) visiting Thailand every year. I find the newer modern hotels have less Indians. Maybe I am wrong.

Nosocks
01-25-15, 01:18
It hasn't changed much really. There's more Indian visitors (private / group) visiting Thailand every year. I find the newer modern hotels have less Indians. Maybe I am wrong.Are all the hotels "guest friendly"? JW Marriott?

AussieDoug
01-25-15, 07:41
Are all the hotels "guest friendly"? JW Marriott?JW Marriott is girl friendly, as are most of the hotels, but steer clear of anything named Amari or Dusit, they see themselves as family friendly etc. The Amari lodges at soi 9 and 19 are different.

Mackin
01-29-15, 15:55
Stayed 4 nights. I wouldn't go back. My other place at half the price was just as good. Bed wasn't what I expected at that rate. A little hard I thought. Wifi was fine and breakfast good. Nice view out the window. They have nice amenities but I wonder how many really use them that much. Pool was not crowded and exercise.

Room wasn't either. It is GF and close to cowboy and BTS friendly. I hear no alchol or bar, but I didn't look. Nothing against the Japanese but the place was full of.

Them. I guess on Tokyo standards it is a bargain so it is their hotel of choice. Would I go back, DEFINATELY NOT. Just my opinion as I know some of you like it.

Awesome Man
02-04-15, 06:01
Stayed there for 4 nights and will share my thoughts. The room itself is clean and well kept, and there is really nothing bad to say about it. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from NEP with just nothing really close. No bars or 7/ 11 or anything. You will have to stretch your legs if you need anything. The girls doesn't like to walk that "far", although there is a free tuktuk service that will take you to Sukhumvit upon request. The breakfast is very limited, some people would consider it poor.

I will not go there again, there are similar places at better rates and better location.

Breadman
02-04-15, 07:23
Stayed there for 4 nights and will share my thoughts. The room itself is clean and well kept, and there is really nothing bad to say about it. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from NEP with just nothing really close. No bars or 7/ 11 or anything. You will have to stretch your legs if you need anything. The girls doesn't like to walk that "far", although there is a free tuktuk service that will take you to Sukhumvit upon request. The breakfast is very limited, some people would consider it poor.

I will not go there again, there are similar places at better rates and better location.The old Amari hotel on Soi 2 which is now the Lohas suites has an alley access onto Soi 4, you might not have known of this when you stayed at the Aspen. I'm guessing the alley takes you to the back of the Lohas suites hotel where you could have walked thru the lobby and out onto soi 2, taken a left and the Aspen hotel is right there. There's a 7-11 just up soi 4 past the Darwin hotel. I haven't used this alleyway yet but google maps showed me it was there. Possibly someone who stayed at the Lohas suites can confirm. Attached is a screen grab taken from google streetview from soi 4. A short taxi ride down to this alley would be the way to go.

Martin00
02-04-15, 20:53
Hello!

Any advice about a girl friendly hotel or serviced apartment (with good internet, I need to work!) in the Ekkamai area? Pricing?

Thanks!