PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SamXy
02-05-15, 10:51
Bayoke Sky hotel is also a g friendly hotel. Its secured as your guests ID's are to be deposited at the counter. Although they charge 1000 B. Good Luck.

ShiftTab
02-08-15, 16:35
Bayoke Sky hotel is also a g friendly hotel. Its secured as your guests ID's are to be deposited at the counter. Although they charge 1000 B. Good Luck.Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1000 be charge to hold a guest ID?

Rjsss212
02-09-15, 19:02
Anyone have any personal experience staying at the Bangkok St. Regis?

DwayneJohnson
02-09-15, 21:26
Bayoke Sky hotel is also a g friendly hotel. Its secured as your guests ID's are to be deposited at the counter. Although they charge 1000 B. Good Luck.If they charge then it's not a GF hotel by Bangkok standard.

If sky scrappers are the thing you are after then stay in Banyan tree, no charge for any guests.

Ethan Hunt123
02-10-15, 09:57
Park Plaza Soi 18 or Four Points by Sheraton or Holiday Inn Sukhumvit?

Park plaza is cheapest. How good is it?

Aqua64
02-10-15, 12:25
I stayed three nights, very close to Soi Cowboy, and easy to reach to main attraction scenes.

Girl friendly, no problem to get the lady to the room, no fees. The only point the hotel doesn't have any alcohol sale if you are out of beer in the middle of night, keep that in mind to stock more beer in the room.

Hardi71
02-10-15, 12:40
Will be from Sunday in Bangkok on business. My customer booked the H2 DO Resort & Hotel. The hotel is located Bangnagarden road Bangbo Samutprakan.

Does anyone know this place and the area around? Are there some good places to go?

Is the hotel girl friendly?

Hardi71
02-10-15, 13:46
I travel to Bangkok on Sunday 15th on business. My customer booked the H2 DO Resort and Hotel.

Does anyone know this hotel is it girl friendly? Are there any good places to go near the hotel?

Martin00
02-11-15, 15:17
I normally stay at Nana Hotel, decadent but true BKK style (I love the parking lot full of girls! But this time I need to work and the old Nana Hotel does not have WiFi in room. :

Any advice?

Sunlover2
02-11-15, 20:29
Hotel with decent rate AND good wifi in room around Nana Plaza?

I normally stay at Nana Hotel, decadent but true BKK style (I love the parking lot full of girls! But this time I need to work and the old Nana Hotel does not have wifi in room.

Any advice?The Nana Hotel does have wifi in the rooms and it has decent speed. They give you 30 minutes access per day gratis which you can access in blocks; say for 15 minutes, then disconnect, and then access again for 15 minutes later. They also sell longer time blocks I believe 24 hours is 300 baht. They also have PC stations in the lobby you can use for this purpose as well as printing things out at the front desk.

The trick would be connecting to the wifi service when you need it and then disconnecting vs. Just staying connected 24/7.

SunLover.

PeterBryan777
02-11-15, 21:43
I stayed a few nights at each location, located on either sides of NEP. Both hotels were incredibly convenient in their location.

Landmark Bangkok.

Beautiful rooms (corner) with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking NEP. You're able to check if things are popping, just by looking out the window. When bringing a friend back to the room, no one asked for ID, though the doorman does give you a wink. When ordering in, the front desk kindly called up to confirm I was expecting guests, and again after the guests left. The hotel has everything you would need but it struck me more as a 4-star hotel. It lacked a "wow" factor. All in all, highly recommended if you're planning on doing business in NEP.

JW Marriott.

When entering the hotel lobby, it's absolutely stunning. Staff is attentive and I had the option of a room looking directly down on NEP once again. Everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel. I brought two ladies back on each arm one night and there were no questions or concerns about ID (though if it worries you, feel free to check in at the front desk). Worth noting if you're ordering in: the doorman leaves late at night (my guess would be 2300 or 2400) and a key card is needed to enter the lobby.

WIR? Absolutely.

Yujin
02-11-15, 22:53
I normally stay at Nana Hotel, decadent but true BKK style (I love the parking lot full of girls! But this time I need to work and the old Nana Hotel does not have WiFi in room. :

Any advice?It's been 10-15 years since I stayed at the Nana Hotel. On my last trip, I stayed at the nearby Omni Tower. It was better than the Nana Hotel, but the wi-fi was somewhat unreliable. I was told that wi-fi reliability depends on what floor and room that you're in so it's a hit-or-miss thing.

I'm traveling to Bangkok next month. I like to stay at a new hotel whenever possible, but I prefer to stay in the Nana area. On this trip, I booked a room at the Grand President http://www.grandpresident.com/ to take advantage of their "The Grand Promotion". This is a DELUXE room for THB 1,130 per night plus tax. For five nights, the total charge was THB 7,705. For a DELUXE room, that's a pretty good savings off their regular room rate and cheaper than a comparable room (if there is such a thing as "comparable") at the Nana Hotel.

I have never stayed there before, but their website states that there is free room internet. Hopefully, it's reliable. The hotel location and other amenities are good for that area in that price range.

Brandt
02-12-15, 01:39

Park plaza is cheapest. How good is it?I've been to all three: they are very comparable in room quality.

Four Points is the only one with bathtubs in regular rooms, but has been grossly overpriced for the past 2-3 years. IIRC it only offers free internet in the lobby unless one is SPG gold or higher.

Holiday Inn has the best views, being a much taller 29 floor building with the resulting elevator wait time. Decor a bit dark but slightly posher than 4 P. Breakfast spread more extensive than especially PP.

I actually like the Park Plaza best; good relaxed atmosphere and clean, functional rooms with hipper decor than the others. Gym is the smallest, and water temperature is not the most stable. Shampoo quality is mediocre. Standard rooms face the building next door, upgraded ones look out the front but are hardly larger. For some reason the Club Carlson website often lists a lower price for this specific hotel for single occupancy; I had no problem at all with one of my regular girls staying with me for 3 days. They are also running a nearly free breakfast promotion now.

The clincher is, not only is it much cheaper, Club Carlson has an ongoing promotion yielding 30 K bonus points per stay 3 nights or longer till the end of March. On top of the base CC earnings, a 3 night stay would yield 34 K points worth about USD120, or more than half the price of the stay. Great deal (must sign up for CC and book through their site, though). If staying longer you could check out, spend a night elsewhere, and repeat, to keep price per night low. 38 K CC points is good for one free night at the Radisson Blu BKK, for instance.

Ethan Hunt123
02-12-15, 10:53
I've been to all three: they are very comparable in room quality.

Four Points is the only one with bathtubs in regular rooms, but has been grossly overpriced for the past 2-3 years. IIRC it only offers free internet in the lobby unless one is SPG gold or higher.

Holiday Inn has the best views, being a much taller 29 floor building with the resulting elevator wait time. Decor a bit dark but slightly posher than 4 P. Breakfast spread more extensive than especially PP.

I actually like the Park Plaza best; good relaxed atmosphere and clean, functional rooms with hipper decor than the others. Gym is the smallest, and water temperature is not the most stable. Shampoo quality is mediocre. Standard rooms face the building next door, upgraded ones look out the front but are hardly larger. For some reason the Club Carlson website often lists a lower price for this specific hotel for single occupancy; I had no problem at all with one of my regular girls staying with me for 3 days. They are also running a nearly free breakfast promotion now.

The clincher is, not only is it much cheaper, Club Carlson has an ongoing promotion yielding 30 K bonus points per stay 3 nights or longer till the end of March. On top of the base CC earnings, a 3 night stay would yield 34 K points worth about USD120, or more than half the price of the stay. Great deal (must sign up for CC and book through their site, though). If staying longer you could check out, spend a night elsewhere, and repeat, to keep price per night low. 38 K CC points is good for one free night at the Radisson Blu BKK, for instance.Thanks for the detailed reply! I am actually debating between 4 Points & Park Plaza now. Park plaza is 11 K THB for 4 nights while 4 points is 16 K THB. CC is running the bonus points offer. But SPG is running a upgrade to SPG Gold with one stay (if you pay with Mastercard World CC). I didn't know 4 points didn't have free wifi in rooms. That's a deal breaker. Their website actually states free wifi throughout. And last time I stayed in Aloft I had free wifi so that's surprising. Guess I will drop them a email and check. Also one advantage of staying with them is that I get corporate rate which is fully refundable in case of last minute cancellation.

Paul Kausch
02-12-15, 19:34
Thanks for the detailed reply! I am actually debating between 4 Points & Park Plaza now.Ethan, for what it's worth, a lady I know who is a manager at the Sofitel recommends the 4 Points. She thinks it provides great value for the price. It's also at a good location and at one time the roof top bar was a popular venue. It may still be popular.

WarmStone25
02-12-15, 20:46
Stayed here last week. Girl friendly, the girls left their I'd cards at the hotel desk. I was not charged for bringing the girls to the room. Soi Cowboy nearby, got there by going through the MRT station. Direct link to Terminal 21 Mall, plenty places to eat here. This must be the best Mall in Bangkok. Direct link to Sky Train station Asok. ATM in hotel lobby. Enjoyed my stay.

Brandt
02-13-15, 01:44
Park plaza is 11 K THB for 4 nights while 4 points is 16 K THB. CC is running the bonus points offer. But SPG is running a upgrade to SPG Gold with one stay (if you pay with Mastercard World CC). I didn't know 4 points didn't have free wifi in rooms. That's a deal breaker.Well, if you wanted to maximize earnings you could do 3 nights at PP for the points and 1 night at 4 P for SPG gold.

SPG gold is mainly useful for the guaranteed 4 pm checkout, wouldn't spend THB5 K for one. Never got a meaningful upgrade out of it, no doubt one the weaker 'gold' hotel cards out there besides Hyatt and IHG's; on the other hand, Hilton's and Accor's are very useful, especially in Asia.

That said, the 4 P location is indeed convenient, with the Robinson supermarket next door and greater proximity to Nana. Also, even less hardened girls seem comfortable there, as it is neither intimidating nor the type where staff treat them as bottom-rung, as in a number of mid range Thai-operated hotels outside P4 P areas.

But for 4 K a night, there are much posher hotels. I paid THB2175/2200/2699++ at the 4 P in 2011-2013, which is what I believe it is worth.

As for the lack of free WiFi, you could just pick up a SIM with data plan for a few hundred THB and tether your other devices to your smartphone. I tried DTAC's 4 G 10 day offer last month and was very pleased with its speed and coverage in town, not to mention the security of a private IP. My VPN kept disconnecting on the 4 P WiFi, although it has been some years now.

Ethan Hunt123
02-13-15, 16:10
Well, if you wanted to maximize earnings you could do 3 nights at PP for the points and 1 night at 4 P for SPG gold.

SPG gold is mainly useful for the guaranteed 4 pm checkout, wouldn't spend THB5 K for one. Never got a meaningful upgrade out of it, no doubt one the weaker 'gold' hotel cards out there besides Hyatt and IHG's; on the other hand, Hilton's and Accor's are very useful, especially in Asia.

That said, the 4 P location is indeed convenient, with the Robinson supermarket next door and greater proximity to Nana. Also, even less hardened girls seem comfortable there, as it is neither intimidating nor the type where staff treat them as bottom-rung, as in a number of mid range Thai-operated hotels outside P4 P areas.

But for 4 K a night, there are much posher hotels. I paid THB2175/2200/2699++ at the 4 P in 2011-2013, which is what I believe it is worth.

As for the lack of free WiFi, you could just pick up a SIM with data plan for a few hundred THB and tether your other devices to your smartphone. I tried DTAC's 4 G 10 day offer last month and was very pleased with its speed and coverage in town, not to mention the security of a private IP. My VPN kept disconnecting on the 4 P WiFi, although it has been some years now.So I checked with 4 P. They do have Free WiFi in rooms as well. Also, I figured out I already have a Corp Preferred Status with SPG due to my company. Which gives me a room upgrade + 4 pm checkout anyways. So no real benefit of upping to SPG Gold. Still as my plans might change last minute. Have made a 1 night as well as a 4 night booking at 4 P. Once the travel plans firm up. Would probably cancel the 4 nights booking and head to Park Plaza Soi 18 after 1st day to grab the 30 k bonus points.

DwayneJohnson
02-13-15, 16:20

Park plaza is cheapest. How good is it?Stay away from park plaza, today booking was full and had to shift to different hotel even though I paid full and booking was few weeks prior.

HornDog 3
02-14-15, 05:22
Has anyone tried there SECRET deals? Looking to book for my March trip.

DwayneJohnson
02-14-15, 19:47
Has anyone tried there SECRET deals? Looking to book for my March trip.I found them slightly lower priced than others but not something so "secret" about them.

Personally I found staying loyal to a brand or chain more rewarding in long run than looking for cheap deals.

Yujin
02-15-15, 01:18
Has anyone tried there SECRET deals? Looking to book for my March trip.The "secret" deals are usually for last minute rooms so there aren't that many options and the hotel might be in an area that is far, far away from the action.

I'm returning to Thailand next month (March). I used Agoda to see what hotels were available in certain areas and what the room rates were. I tried to compare room rates for a hotel in Pattaya through Agoda and booking directly through the hotel's on-line reservation site. When I put in my reservation dates on Agoda, I was informed that NO rooms were available. When I booked directly with the hotel, rooms were available.

Now days, most hotels give a "low room rate" guarantee if you book directly with them. I'm not sure how you can enforce that "guarantee," but I would think most hotels would offer their best rates through their own on-line reservation site rather than pay a commission to Agoda.

LA Guy 5
02-15-15, 03:16
The "secret" deals are usually for last minute rooms so there aren't that many options and the hotel might be in an area that is far, far away from the action.

I'm returning to Thailand next month (March). I used Agoda to see what hotels were available in certain areas and what the room rates were. I tried to compare room rates for a hotel in Pattaya through Agoda and booking directly through the hotel's on-line reservation site. When I put in my reservation dates on Agoda, I was informed that NO rooms were available. When I booked directly with the hotel, rooms were available.

Now days, most hotels give a "low room rate" guarantee if you book directly with them. I'm not sure how you can enforce that "guarantee," but I would think most hotels would offer their best rates through their own on-line reservation site rather than pay a commission to Agoda.That might be the case for independent hotels that do not have guest loyalty programs. However, the chains offer various perks to members of their frequent guest programs (points, upgrades, and so forth) that are often only available if you book with the hotel directly or through their chain's website. If one books through Agoda, Expedia, etc. , those perks are generally not available. Indeed, on occasion some of the "not-so-good-rooms" are allocated to discount websites, which then can offer them at a cheaper price than the hotel does to its direct customers who might get the better rooms.

But all this varies from hotel to hotel, probably from season to season in some instances, and it is difficult to generalize much.

Edit: I realize the above does not take into account the "low room rate guarantee" offered by some hotels if you book directly as you referenced. Perhaps this undercuts what I have written above, at least to the extent the low room rate guarantees are pervasive and don't contain loopholes that render them unenforceable or applicable only to certain situations.

Harry Dude
02-15-15, 09:03
So I checked with 4 P. They do have Free WiFi in rooms as well. That is unfortunately not correct. The free Wifi is available in the lobby only. I must have stayed there over a dozen times over the last three years and it is a great hotel with a super location.

Also, as someone else pointed out: One shouldn't expet free upgrades here with SPG Gold. When I was SPG Plat I used to get upgrades, but as SPG Gold it has never happened.

Jgm005
02-15-15, 09:10
Unless you are a SPG member you will get free Wifi in the room. Regardless of your SPG status. A fairly recent change by Starwoods.

That is unfortunately not correct. The free Wifi is available in the lobby only. I must have stayed there over a dozen times over the last three years and it is a great hotel with a super location.

Also, as someone else pointed out: One shouldn't expet free upgrades here with SPG Gold. When I was SPG Plat I used to get upgrades, but as SPG Gold it has never happened.

Breadman
02-15-15, 14:00
Unless you are a SPG member you will get free Wifi in the room. Regardless of your SPG status. A fairly recent change by Starwoods.Maybe this can help some of the confusion. Free internet at SPG hotels IF you book the hotel on the SPG website.

https://spgpromos.com/internet/

Cucumber
02-15-15, 23:56
Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly hotel in the Sukhumvit area with a pool that is long enough to do proper laps (I. E. At least 20 meters long). Need to keep in shape for the shapely women. Max USD 180. Grand Center Point Terminal 21 looks perfect, but it is too expensive (perhaps because I am not booking long enough in advance).

Thanks.

Cuke.

RacShack
02-16-15, 00:43
Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly hotel in the Sukhumvit area with a pool that is long enough to do proper laps (I. E. At least 20 meters long). Need to keep in shape for the shapely women. Max USD 180. Grand Center Point Terminal 21 looks perfect, but it is too expensive (perhaps because I am not booking long enough in advance).

Thanks,

CukeTry looking up landmark hotel, I love the corner premium suite,excellent location, right by Nana and a short stroll to cowboy, like 5-10 min, no jam up what so ever bringing in girls, excellent bedding, awesome walking shower, separate big tub, all surround by glass, awesome view of the city, I think like 28 floors above, and location, location, location.

Mackin
02-16-15, 21:37
Just my opinion after staying at T-21. Grossly over hyped and over priced. Treated well but nothing special. Room was suppose to be ready by 2 PM. Not ready.

Ready till around 2:30. I arrived at 12 PM and they knew I was there. Told me to go shopping to kill time.

Landmark is good option but check the agoda or bookings web sight.

Yujin
02-17-15, 00:57

Thanks.

Cuke.Hotels with swimming pools long enough to swim laps are rare in Thailand. That's one of the amenities that I look for since I too like to swim laps. From my experience, if the hotel's website doesn't boast about the length of their swimming pool, it's nothing more than a soaking tub and creative camera angles have made it look like an Olympic size swimming pool.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this website which list facilities with swimming pools that are a minimum of 15.25 m long. The website has very short list of Bangkok hotels, but none are in the Sukhumvit area with the minimum 15.25 m length.

http://www.swimmersguide.com/

Transport
02-17-15, 01:40

Thanks.

Cuke.The Sofitel is a great place. It is moderately priced, although I guess that is subjective, pool is staffed all day, equi distance to SC and Nana.

Alaska Manman
02-17-15, 11:05
I will be in Bangkok for the first time next month and would like to use points to stay at a Hilton property. Any suggestions on which one is most conveniently located and girl-friendly.

Thanks in advance.

Red Kilt
02-17-15, 11:21
I will be transiting through Bkk soon and I plan to stay at Novotel at the airport.

I have checked back through the board here (RTFF) about this hotel and there are no recent updates and the little information that is available is not encouraging.

I would prefer to avoid the escort strategy but there may not be any choice.

Anybody have any updates from recent stays?

Is there any action at all available in the hotel (like a bar with hostesses or stray FLs; a health club? Massage? ; does the concierge have contacts of any girls nearby?

I didn't want to have the hassle of going into the city with the time available but I guess I will do it if there is nothing happening around Novotel.

Either that or extend my time in transit by few hours and stay somewhere nearer to Cowboy.

Zauberfee
02-17-15, 19:27
I will be in Bangkok for the first time next month and would like to use points to stay at a Hilton property. Any suggestions on which one is most conveniently located and girl-friendly.Usually the Deluxe Suite at DoubleTree for 30.000 to 35.000 points gives you great bang for a buck. Both DoubleTree and Hilton Sukhumvit are very located to the oil massage shops at Sukhumvit 24,24/1 and 26.

All Hilton Hotels in Bangkok are GF. You won't have any problems at all.

Paul Kausch
02-17-15, 19:34
I will be transiting through Bkk soon and I plan to stay at Novotel at the airport.

I have checked back through the board here (RTFF) about this hotel and there are no recent updates and the little information that is available is not encouraging.

I would prefer to avoid the escort strategy but there may not be any choice.

Anybody have any updates from recent stays?

Is there any action at all available in the hotel (like a bar with hostesses or stray FLs; a health club? Massage? ; does the concierge have contacts of any girls nearby?

I didn't want to have the hassle of going into the city with the time available but I guess I will do it if there is nothing happening around Novotel.

Either that or extend my time in transit by few hours and stay somewhere nearer to Cowboy.Stayed there one night in early December. Complimentary shuttle to and from airport. Large comfortable room. Good amenities. Restaurant food was okay. There is a lobby bar, but no one I saw looked remotely like an SW. I ended up taking a taxi to and from lower Sukhumvit. Over the years I've had a few successes with hotel managers, waitresses and maids; but I wouldn't count on it. I think your best option would be an escort or a lady from an MP on outcall. Expect an extra charge for the lady's transportation for hotels around the airport.

Cucumber
02-17-15, 22:23
Hotels with swimming pools long enough to swim laps are rare in Thailand....

http://www.swimmersguide.com/Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful responses guys. I have been analysing pictures of pools on the internet trying to work out how long they may be. As far as I can see, the pool at Landmark is shorter than 20 meters. Sofitel Sukhumvit may just be 20 meters, so perhaps I will go for that. Can anyone confirm that it is actually 20 m. Or longer? (Sofitel So looks like it has a longer pool, but is in the wrong area.).

There are quite a lot of hotels with pictures http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/ but as Yujin puts it a lot of the pictures are misleading. I have written to some of them to ask how long their pools are.

The swimmer's guide is a find, but not quite up to date I have a feeling. Your description is spot on Yujin, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Paul Kausch
02-17-15, 22:55
Sofitel Sukhumvit may just be 20 meters, so perhaps I will go for that. Can anyone confirm that it is actually 20 m. Or longer? (Sofitel So looks like it has a longer pool, but is in the wrong area.).I cannot confirm whether it is 20m. I have seen people swimming laps in it on a number of occasions. Send an email to this person and ask.

Theo Laborey.

Guest Relations Manager.

H5213-GR@sofitel.com

Alaska Manman
02-17-15, 23:55
Usually the Deluxe Suite at DoubleTree for 30.000 to 35.000 points gives you great bang for a buck. Both DoubleTree and Hilton Sukhumvit are very located to the oil massage shops at Sukhumvit 24,24/1 and 26.

All Hilton Hotels in Bangkok are GF. You won't have any problems at all.Thanks, found the Doubletree for just 20,000 so your info was very helpful.

Red Kilt
02-18-15, 02:03
Stayed there one night in early December. Complimentary shuttle to and from airport. Large comfortable room. Good amenities. Restaurant food was okay. There is a lobby bar, but no one I saw looked remotely like an SW. I ended up taking a taxi to and from lower Sukhumvit. Over the years I've had a few successes with hotel managers, waitresses and maids; but I wouldn't count on it. I think your best option would be an escort or a lady from an MP on outcall. Expect an extra charge for the lady's transportation for hotels around the airport.Thanks PK for the helpful update.

It seems to be just as I suspected. It looks like a taxi to lower Sukhumvit after all.

I will let the board know what happens.

Zauberfee
02-18-15, 06:10
Thanks, found the Doubletree for just 20,000 so your info was very helpful.20.000 points is for standard room, forget about that. . . Give a little more points for the suite, it's definately worth it.

Specter69
02-18-15, 07:44
Can anyone comment on their experiences with the Starwood properties in Bangkok, especially the nicer ones? Any issues with girls?

* St. Regis.

* W Bangkok.

* LE Meridien Bangkok.

* Four Points Sheraton.

* Plaza Athenee.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton.

* Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.

Zauberfee
02-18-15, 18:39
* Plaza Athenee.
* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.Stayed at Plaza Athenee, Sheraton Grande and Westin. Never had a problem with bringing back girls, even 2 girls didn't raise any eyebrowse.

Rolodido
02-18-15, 19:31
Can anyone comment on their experiences with the Starwood properties in Bangkok, especially the nicer ones? Any issues with girls?

* St. Regis.

* W Bangkok.

* LE Meridien Bangkok.

* Four Points Sheraton.

* Plaza Athenee.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.I've been a couple of times to the 4 Points and never had any problem with bringing guests to my room. I even had one really loud one (damn, she was hot) and never got any strange face.

Hotel is quite nice, rooms are clean, good roof top bar with pool. Only remark I have on the 4 Points is the shower. Was never able to get the right stable temperature in the shower.

Water went from good to boiling hot to cold. Had the same problem in all 3 rooms when I went there.

Besides the water problem, nice hotel.

Cheers,

Rolo

HornDog 3
02-18-15, 19:33
Thank you to all for the info given. I booked a few days at President Solitare and Citadines 11 while in Bangkok. Staying a few days at The Whitehouse in Pattaya.

Harry Dude
02-18-15, 20:00
Stayed at Grande Sukhumvit, Four Points and one rather good property you left out: Aloft.

No issues whatsoever with girls.

-h.

* St. Regis.

* W Bangkok.

* LE Meridien Bangkok.

* Four Points Sheraton.

* Plaza Athenee.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.

LA Guy 5
02-19-15, 00:47

* St. Regis.

* W Bangkok.

* LE Meridien Bangkok.

* Four Points Sheraton.

* Plaza Athenee.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.I never had any problem with Plaza Athenee, IMHO a great hotel, although I never tried to bring back more than one girl at a time. I'm pretty much sure the LE Meridien is the same, another great hotel, but I have stayed there fewer times given its less than optimal location, and didn't bring anyone back.

Member #4387
02-19-15, 01:02
Haven't realy been a fan of the Intercon brand but last weekend for a 3 days stay in BKK me and friend stayed here. We did only the Spasso and Mixx routine for girlie pick ups so that was very convenient. This hotel has everything and with Mixx located in its basement no real reason for leaving hotel premesis. Loads of restaurants, efficient room service around the clock, and very girl friendly. For Spasso activities you need to cross the street.

Since it was a short stay we chose only a grand deluxe room each with lounge access. Rooms only 45 sqm so for longer stay I will go for a suite as I hate narrow space. Club lounge and pool in 37 FL. Finaly one poolbar mixing decent coctails to cope with nasty hangovers. Pool a bit small though. If you like to unwind at a mall Central World is next to Intercon. Siam Paragorn also close.

Very convenient location for us and our plans this fine. Weekend. US280 a night.

Member #4698
02-19-15, 01:36
Skogis,

I totally agree with your review below. I am a IHG Priority Rewards Club Member and as such I receive a free hotel night voucher every year in addition to the cumulative hotel points I earn. I like to take my free night at the Intercontinental BKK and have done so for the last 3 years. As you wrote, the deluxe room is well appointed and comfortable for short stays. The pool is small, no laps, but it has good sun and a friendly convenient pool bar where you can order drinks and food. AND my main reason I like to stay here: it facilitates my annual pilgrimage to Spasso and Mixx. I enjoy hitting these two bars once or twice every trip. I find a different set of BKK girls (or should I call them ladies, 555) hang out here as opposed to the usual suspects (girls) one finds in Sukhumvit bars and Go Go's. I will be staying at the Intercontinental BKK again, for one night, shortly. I am looking forward to it.

Other IHG properties: I like the Holiday Inn Pattaya. New, breezy, reasonably priced at around $100/night and it has a great pool. Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre. This is the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever seen and it is walking distance to Brixx and the OT. All these hotels give me complimentary room upgrades thanks to my IHG Rewards Club status.

I have booked a few nights at the Intercontinental Jakarta with my points on the last leg of my upcoming trip. I have never stayed here before and I am not expecting high, high luxury although I am sure I will be very comfortable. There are better properties in Jakarta, but I can't argue with the price; nada. It is good to be a IHG Priority Club member. I prefer it over Marriott Club Rewards.

Paul Kausch
02-19-15, 02:34
The Intercontinental properties I've stayed in have all been excellent.

However, as I've mentioned before, my preferred property in Bangkok is the Sofitel Sukhumvit. The location is excellent and I believe it offers great value. I stayed in it for 2 weeks in November. I would have paid about US $112 including all taxes for a standard room. At check in I asked for an upgrades and got a club room with complementary breakfast buffet for about US $20 extra per night. The rooms at the Sofitel are 398 sq. Ft. Most guest prefer rooms on the south side looking across Sukhumvit at the park. I like to stay in a room on the northwest corner of the building. This way I get a very quiet corner room. Attached are pictures of my room. The street view is looking out the window on the west side of the building.

Buzz 4
02-19-15, 13:33
Hi guys,

This is my first post. Been lurking for a long time. Thanks for the mounds of info I've gotten so far.

Will be in Bkk for a couple of days next month. First and probably the only time I'll be there. By RTFF I decided to book the Fraser. Got a nice suite (I think). Looks like plenty of room. I know from my research that the place is girl friendly and the neighborhood has lots to do reasonably close by. Any advice or info about the Fraser, its surroundings or other relative issues will be appreciated. I'll only be in town for three nights and I want to make the most of it.

Thanks

Member #4698
02-19-15, 21:45
My preferred property in Bangkok is the Sofitel Sukhumvit. The location is excellent and I believe it offers great value. Paul,

I like the Sofitel brand too. Although I have never stayed at the Sofitel Sukhumvit because I prefer suite hotels like the Fraser, the Marriott Exec Apartments, and T21 for my usual longer stays, I have stayed at the Sofitel Siem Reap twice. That property is a sprawling luxurious hotel near the Archeological Park and features a huge swimming pool; very comfortable rooms plus the entire staff were friendly and treated me great.

I was minding my own business 4 or 5 weeks ago when I received an email solicitation from Sofitel announcing their worldwide sale on rooms. I was already considering a hotel in Pasay, PI like the new Hyatt City of Dreams, thinking it would be nice to hit a few international bars and Hi End clubs in the neighborhood, so I followed the link to the Sofitel Manila Bay, a hotel that was always on my radar screen, but which I had never stayed before. Sure enough, the sale price was too good to turn down; $103/ night for a deluxe room and I booked it for 4 nights.

The Sofitel Manila Bay features beautiful expansive landscaped grounds and a great swimming pool. All the rooms look spacious and have balconies. My room overlooks the bay and the pool / garden area. The hotel also features the Spiral restaurant known for its grand buffet weekend brunches. I plan to have a real good time here hitting the nearby bars and clubs Thursday and Friday nights then inviting my favorite Pinay over for Saturday night, a relaxing Sunday by the bay, and a farewell Sunday night. I will end my trip and exit Manila early the following Monday morning. The hotel is not far from the airport.

Hi guys,

This is my first post. Thanks for the mounds of info I've gotten so far. Will be in Bkk for a couple of days next month. First and probably the only time I'll be there. By RTFF I decided to book the Fraser. Got a nice suite (I think). Looks like plenty of room. I know from my research that the place is girl friendly and the neighborhood has lots to do reasonably close by. Any advice or info about the Fraser, its surroundings or other relative issues will be appreciated. I'll only be in town for three nights and I want to make the most of it. Buzz,

As I wrote above, I like the Fraser Suites BKK and I stay here a lot. It is hard to find a better deal in BKK (at around $95/ night) for a deluxe 65 sq meter 1 bedroom suite in terms of amenities, quality and space. The pool is small, but enjoyable.

Soi 11 is a lot of fun. The street gets very lively at night from around 10:00 to 2 am. Be sure to check out Climax, Bash, and Q Bar (RTFF for more information). Although the Fraser is around 3 long city blocks from Sukhumvit, I still consider it walking distance to both Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. Take a taxi back if you barfine a Go Go girl. The nearby Nana BTS Station makes it easy to travel to the Soi 24 Massage joints and the Ratchada Soapies (transfer to the MTR at Asok station). I think you are going to have a blast staying on Soi 11. So much to do, so little time to do it. I bet this will not be your last trip to LOS. Happy hunting.

Cucumber
02-20-15, 00:23
I cannot confirm whether it is 20m. I have seen people swimming laps in it on a number of occasions. Send an email to this person and ask...I wrote to Sofitel Sukhumvit and got a reply. They say its 23 meters long. That seals the deal for me. It also seems like a good hotel otherwise: central location, good price to quality ratio, lots of reports saying it is girl friendly. All based on armchair analysis for now, but a thorough one at that. I will report back from the field when I have improved the empirical basis for my analysis.

Allover
02-20-15, 06:23
Soi 11 is a great street with good choices for hotels, girls, discos, restaurants, 7-11, western grocery (Villa Market) etc. Personally I stay at Grand President although it is getting worn. The newer President Palace and Aloft are places on Soi 11 I might look into depending on their price. For me Fraser Suites is too far from Sukhumvit to walk in the Bangkok heat. Same problem with President Solitaire, just too far to walk to the BTS in that heat.

I wanted to mention a great shortcut from Soi 11 to Soi 7. There is a sign that says Park Hotel that leads to a parking lot. That shortcut goes to Amari Hotel on Soi 7. From there you are on Soi 7 right across the street from the Bier Garden and near the BTS entrance to Nana station. The escalator going up to the BTS is a nice little plus also.

Another thing I like about Soi 11 are the massage girls in the little walkway at the Villa Market. I often find cute girls there to bring back to the hotel. Those girls are there very late into the night. That is a nice hunting spot that isn't mentioned often here.

Buzz 4
02-20-15, 13:50
Paul,

Buzz,

As I wrote above, I like the Fraser Suites BKK and I stay here a lot. It is hard to find a better deal in BKK (at around $95/ night) for a deluxe 65 sq meter 1 bedroom suite in terms of amenities, quality and space. The pool is small, but enjoyable.

Soi 11 is a lot of fun. The street gets very lively at night from around 10:00 to 2 am. Be sure to check out Climax, Bash, and Q Bar (RTFF for more information). Although the Fraser is around 3 long city blocks from Sukhumvit, I still consider it walking distance to both Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. Take a taxi back if you barfine a Go Go girl. The nearby Nana BTS Station makes it easy to travel to the Soi 24 Massage joints and the Ratchada Soapies (transfer to the MTR at Asok station). I think you are going to have a blast staying on Soi 11. So much to do, so little time to do it. I bet this will not be your last trip to LOS. Happy hunting.Natty,

Thanks for the info. Most appreciated.

Buzz

GDreams
02-20-15, 13:52
Can anyone comment on their experiences with the Starwood properties in Bangkok, especially the nicer ones? Any issues with girls? I always been with my wife so can't comment on girl friendliness.

* St. Regis. Nice hotel. Priciest, but the local area is not interesting. Breakfast is OK but SGS and PA are better for breakfast. Has direct access to BTS. Never have much use for the Butler.

* W Bangkok. Its good but a bit far from interesting areas. Good breakfast. Close to BTS.

* LE Meridien Bangkok. I'm not a fan of the style but enjoy the area. Have been well looked after there. A 10 min walk to BTS, often easier to take taxi from there. Breakfast is OK but there are plenty or local options.

* Four Points Sheraton. Cheaper option. Breakfast is adequate. Not far from Terminal 21, Asoke BTS or Nana.

* Plaza Athenee. Has been my favourite for value and location. Great breakfast, nice rooms, love the club lounge, nice pool and close to Ploen Chit BTS.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton. Hotel is OK, a bit away from anywhere except the river.

* Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Good hotel but similar to PA for room size and amenities but always a bit more expensive. Great breakfast, right on Asoke BTS and opposite Terminal 21.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit. Feels a bit worn down. Again similar rooms size and amenities to SGS and PA. Sometimes has good specials and can be had at slight premium to 4 P. Breakfast is OK, located directly opposite to SGS.

Aloft is a good budget option. Located down Soi 11 about 5 - 10 min walk from Nana. I like the layout and is adequate for stopovers. Breakfast is similar to 4 P adequate without being great.

SPG now gives free internet to members who book on line. I regularly visit all but ROS (don't like location) W (not good value) and St Regis (expensive).

Aloft is a good budget option. Located down Soi 11 about 5 - 10 min walk from Nana. I like the layout and is adequate for stopovers. Breakfast is similar to 4 P adequate without being great.

SPG now gives free internet to members who book on line. I regularly visit all but ROS (don't like location) W (not good value) and St Regis (expensive).

Willa1
02-21-15, 19:44
Has anyone tried there SECRET deals? Looking to book for my March trip.Hi,

I book on AGODA or BOOKING.com depending on the rate. Best I have found is Majestic Grand Sukhumvit 2. Including breakfast, free WiFi, and grand deluxe room, 40 m, steps from Nana Plaza and the Skytrain- 2,400 baht all in (taxes, fees). Breakfast is very good, and very girl friendly (usually book room for 2- getting breakfast for both is do all night. Staying there first week of March.

Will

LA Guy 5
02-21-15, 23:33
I always been with my wife so can't comment on girl friendliness.

* St. Regis. Nice hotel. Priciest, but the local area is not interesting. Breakfast is OK but SGS and PA are better for breakfast. Has direct access to BTS. Never have much use for the Butler.

* W Bangkok. Its good but a bit far from interesting areas. Good breakfast. Close to BTS.

* LE Meridien Bangkok. I'm not a fan of the style but enjoy the area. Have been well looked after there. A 10 min walk to BTS, often easier to take taxi from there. Breakfast is OK but there are plenty or local options.

* Four Points Sheraton. Cheaper option. Breakfast is adequate. Not far from Terminal 21, Asoke BTS or Nana.

* Plaza Athenee. Has been my favourite for value and location. Great breakfast, nice rooms, love the club lounge, nice pool and close to Ploen Chit BTS.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton. Hotel is OK, a bit away from anywhere except the river.

* Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Good hotel but similar to PA for room size and amenities but always a bit more expensive. Great breakfast, right on Asoke BTS and opposite Terminal 21.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit. Feels a bit worn down. Again similar rooms size and amenities to SGS and PA. Sometimes has good specials and can be had at slight premium to 4 P. Breakfast is OK, located directly opposite to SGS.

SPG now gives free internet to members who book on line. I regularly visit all but ROS (don't like location) W (not good value) and St Regis (expensive).I agree with pretty most everything stated although have not stayed at the Aloft, W, or St. Regis. Plaza Athenee is the best taking into account all considerations. The one slight difference I have, which is a matter of personal preference, is I like the style of LE Meridien, but owing to its location I only stay there as an occasional change of pace (and also when they are offering particularly favorable rates).

Having said this, I am an SPG Platinum member, and the perks I receive as a result affect my preferences (such as reliable upgrades at Plaza Athenee (more so than at the Sheraton and W, for example, as well as club lounge access).

PrinceRaj2126
02-22-15, 09:08
Bros, Any review on Belaire soi 5?

I have stayed there before and it is girl friendly too but still I have few doubts on location as it only close to Nana and quite far from cowboy and soi 11. I'm more of FL in disco or beer garden. Gogo's don't encourage me one due to their high prices of drinks and 800 bht barfines.

Even PSE shops are quite far but yes can take a bts to Phrom pong.

I need more suggestions on it please.

Cheers

Hades
03-04-15, 15:51
Currently staying here. Very girl friendly apparently. On my first night guy went through the routine of what to do if I want to bring a girl here. Even said there was a place nearby that sent massage girls here for 500 bht.

Its nice, new and modern. Very clean as well and the shower is spacious. I booked directly and got it for 2 nights at 1800 bht per night + the usual taxes which brought it to 4200 bht for 2 nights.

If I stayed in BKK again, I would stay here again.

Deore27
03-04-15, 16:56
Checking to see if anyone has opinions on the Aspen Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 2.

http://www.aspenbangkok.com/en/

Ethan Hunt123
03-05-15, 13:53
Quick report on this hotel. Right now I am staying here for 3 nights. Executive Suite costed me 10500 B for 3 nights all inclusive. So pretty good deal. Also, Since Club Carlson is running a promo right now. I also get 30,000 bonus points which in themselves are a minimum of 100 $ value. It's about a nice 10-15 min stroll to Soi Cowboy so the location is nice as well.

As far as hotel is concerned. It's your regular 4 star business hotel. Suite is pretty big and well appointed. Staff is super nice. Pretty GF. Last night I had called someone for a overnighter and I didn't have to go down to escort her so was nice.

The only drawback is that the Soi its on is a bit quite. Unlike Soi 11 where I stayed last time. But it's much better value than Aloft where I stayed last time for sure.

Awesome Man
03-05-15, 17:00
Checking to see if anyone has opinions on the Aspen Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 2.

http://www.aspenbangkok.com/en/Stayed there in February. The hotel is nice itself but too far away from bars, restaurants etc. There is a tuktuk service available upon request that will take you to Sukhumvit. Limited breakfast. If you prefer a quiet location then it might work for you but I will not return.

Specter69
03-07-15, 05:51
I agree with pretty most everything stated although have not stayed at the Aloft, W, or St. Regis. Plaza Athenee is the best taking into account all considerations. The one slight difference I have, which is a matter of personal preference, is I like the style of LE Meridien, but owing to its location I only stay there as an occasional change of pace (and also when they are offering particularly favorable rates).

Having said this, I am an SPG Platinum member, and the perks I receive as a result affect my preferences (such as reliable upgrades at Plaza Athenee (more so than at the Sheraton and W, for example, as well as club lounge access).Thanks for the feedback, all. Looks like the SPG properties are somewhat lacking. The better properties are either somewhat outdated, poorly located, or both. Looks like I might have to defect to another brand for this trip.

Cucumber
03-08-15, 22:20
Thanks to all for advice before my trip.

I ended up at the Sofitel Sukhumvit. One of my requirements was that the hotel have a pool long enough for laps. The staff told me the Sofitel pool was 23 meters. As far as I could actually work out it was at least as long as that, probably more like 25 meters. Although it is not rectangular, the ends are straight and one side is straight, and the tiles are laid straight, so it is easy to swim laps. While I was there it was also never so full that it got crowded. Usually there were 0-3 other people in the pool.

Otherwise the hotel was nice, a proper multistar hotel, fantastic views from the upper floors, good service (a little over the top sometimes), a nice bar outdoor at the top where you can take a girl to impress her if you like. It is totally girl friendly, I brought in at least one girl per day and never had any trouble, neither joiner fees nor requests for I'd card registration. Admittedly most of the time I was bringing them in around 2-3 in the morning and I never brought in two at the same time.

The hotel is about midway between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza, and there are also streetwalkers among the stalls along Sukhumvit.

If you can afford it (180 use per night?) I strongly recommend this hotel.

Divine Baal
03-09-15, 22:08
I usually stays at Majestic Suites as it provided what I needs. But now I tried to see about costs in Oct. / Nov. And it is not available. Never had that problem before. Still way to early to book anything so I might look at Nana instead. Am cheap on hotel as I just have it for storing my stuff and sleep. Now over a year since I was in LOS so might have to look for something new. So good to follow the threads for tips on rooms below 2 k. Thanks.

ConquerorVal
03-14-15, 17:34
I usually stays at Majestic Suites as it provided what I needs.I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, as it was bright and quiet. Had the view of the train and the street, but the noise never made it in the room. Room (cheapest one) was big enough for a guy and a guest, and everything seemed to work just fine. I did notice some water damage on the bathroom ceiling, but that was minor. Staff was nice and breakfast adequate, but the location was perfect. Nana was next door and Soi Cowboy was walkable. Due to a companion had to take a tuk tuk back to the hotel though. Would definitely return.

Sunlover2
03-14-15, 20:05
I usually stays at Majestic Suites as it provided what I needs. But now I tried to see about costs in Oct. / Nov. And it is not available. Never had that problem before. Still way to early to book anything so I might look at Nana instead. Am cheap on hotel as I just have it for storing my stuff and sleep.You can always book Nana so you at least have something (they do not require a credit card for booking) and cancel if / when you find something else.

SL.

Divine Baal
03-18-15, 23:45
You can always book Nana so you at least have something (they do not require a credit card for booking) and cancel if / when you find something else.

SL.Yeah. I think I'll do my normal "tour". 3 days I BKK, week in PTY and back 2-3 days in BKK. Good enough. And mixing Nana / Majestic. Same are. Beds I can sleep in. (alone! Hate LT and a few nights I Nana won't hurt. Even if there are so many great hotels that is "friendly" - it feels in a way to come home when you always use the same hotel.

Thanks.

The Pro
03-19-15, 05:50
I always been with my wife so can't comment on girl friendliness.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit. Feels a bit worn down. Again similar rooms size and amenities to SGS and PA. Sometimes has good specials and can be had at slight premium to 4 P. Breakfast is OK, located directly opposite to SGS..Would agree with that.

Another good budget option near to Aloft is the new Holiday Inn Express Sukhumvit Soi 11.

They are doing deals of below 2000 baht all in (including taxes and a basic free breakfast and free WiFi).

Rooms are OK, no concierge or anything like that as its the Express version, but if you want a nice clean decent room with free breakfast and free WiFi for under 2 K baht, its worth it. Aloft is generally over 3 K baht when taxes are included and often no free breakfast. Free breakfast options are nearer 4 K baht when taxes included.

Robert Long
03-19-15, 20:20
When checking into a hotel we have to produce a passport and when we book we must book under the name on the passport. How do we get the hotel to use a fictitious name if a woman wants to meet me at the hotel and asks for me at the front desk? Will most hotels accommodate that request?

Mahalo.

RL.

Paul Kausch
03-19-15, 21:00
When checking into a hotel we have to produce a passport and when we book we must book under the name on the passport. How do we get the hotel to use a fictitious name if a woman wants to meet me at the hotel and asks for me at the front desk? Will most hotels accommodate that request?

Mahalo.

RL.There is one hotel, the Maduzi, that has guests pick a fictitious name that is used to contact them through the front desk. I know of no other hotels with this system, which is not to say you could not make a similar arrangement with other hotels; however, intelligent SW, like the good escorts, require you provide the name you used to register at the hotel. If I ran an escort agency or an MP, that would be my policy. I'd be very leery of anyone who wouldn't give me his real name. The agencies and MPs, and the girls working for them, are good about keeping confidentiality. It goes with the job. I always give the girls the name I'm registered under and have never had a problem.

The Pro
03-20-15, 01:32

Mahalo.

RL.When required I have always found that giving the first name only is fine.

So if you name is John Smith, then tell the escort or massage or whatever you are Mr John in room?

They can phone up and check there is a Mr John in that room. And Thai's use the first name more than surname, so someone asking for Mr John and not Mr Smith is quite normal and never raises any questions.

This way you can keep your family name discrete and away from the provider and the providers records. And its the records that most people want to avoid, when you do use a call service they do keep the name you provide on their records.

Syzygies
03-24-15, 00:03

Mahalo.

RL.In all my years, I have never ever had a woman have to ask for me at the front desk, that I can remember. They ring me when getting close and I meet them in reception. Of course it helps that I have a SIM card and phone used specifically for mongering. None of the girls ever knew my surname. I suppose it also helps that I speak Thai.

Maybe in some Hotels, their was no security to get past and girl went straight to my room and knocked. LOL. However that is not common.

Syzygies
03-24-15, 00:12
I usually stays at Majestic Suites as it provided what I needs. But now I tried to see about costs in Oct. / Nov. And it is not available. Never had that problem before. Still way to early to book anything so I might look at Nana instead. Am cheap on hotel as I just have it for storing my stuff and sleep. Now over a year since I was in LOS so might have to look for something new. So good to follow the threads for tips on rooms below 2 k. Thanks.Majestic Suites is a Hotel often booked out. If you never had a problem till now, you got lucky.

Mermaid 4 star is showing a price well under 2000 for April (on Wotif). I have stayed there and recommend it. Amora Neo Lux is showing an even lower price, and I have stayed there too. Mermaid is slightly better. Both are good and better than Majestic Suites for room standard. They are close to Cowboy, but a little further from Nana. Big deal. Take a quick motorcycle ride.

TodayTomorrow
03-25-15, 21:49
Hi guys,

I'm headed for BKK for a few days. I want to stay close to the action since I won't be staying for long. And since I have a very early flight from BKK (so I want to be able to go to Suvarnabhumi in 30 min (by taxi) on the departure-morning). I have figured that a hotel in the Soi's 1-24 along Sukhumvit Rd would be a good choice. But they really seem expensive on the sites I have been looking at. I'm looking for a deal around 700 - 1000 Bath / Night (not necessarily girl friendly).

Phordphan
03-26-15, 07:35
Hi guys,

I'm headed for BKK for a few days. I want to stay close to the action since I won't be staying for long. And since I have a very early flight from BKK (so I want to be able to go to Suvarnabhumi in 30 min (by taxi) on the departure-morning). I have figured that a hotel in the Soi's 1-24 along Sukhumvit Rd would be a good choice. But they really seem expensive on the sites I have been looking at. I'm looking for a deal around 700 - 1000 Bath / Night (not necessarily girl friendly).You're looking for a $20 - $30 hotel in lower Sukhumvit? Really?

For that money you should be looking at a hostel. I'm really not sure I want to know what a $20 hotel in BKK looks like.

Christian G
03-26-15, 10:20
Hi guys,

I'm headed for BKK for a few days. I want to stay close to the action since I won't be staying for long. And since I have a very early flight from BKK (so I want to be able to go to Suvarnabhumi in 30 min (by taxi) on the departure-morning). I have figured that a hotel in the Soi's 1-24 along Sukhumvit Rd would be a good choice. But they really seem expensive on the sites I have been looking at. I'm looking for a deal around 700 - 1000 Bath / Night (not necessarily girl friendly).http://staywithorchid.com/

http://www.royalasialodge.com/kingsizebed.html

http://www.royalexpressinn.com/home.aspx

Sunlover2
03-26-15, 15:58
Hi guys,

I'm headed for BKK for a few days. I want to stay close to the action since I won't be staying for long. And since I have a very early flight from BKK (so I want to be able to go to Suvarnabhumi in 30 min (by taxi) on the departure-morning). I have figured that a hotel in the Soi's 1-24 along Sukhumvit Rd would be a good choice. But they really seem expensive on the sites I have been looking at. I'm looking for a deal around 700 - 1000 Bath / Night (not necessarily girl friendly).If you really want to be close to the action: http://www.starinnhotelbkk.com/.

SL.

ShinShin
03-26-15, 18:15
Last trip to BKK, I found a quite nice hotel near Phrom Phong station in Soi 39, about 3 min walk to station, called Retro 39 Hotel. About 40 USD on booking.com. If the previous poster can extend his area to Soi 39, which is 2 bus stops to Asok, and upgrade his budget by 10 USD, this is a good choice. I think I wouldn't mind stay again.

TodayTomorrow
03-26-15, 20:58
http://staywithorchid.com/

http://www.royalasialodge.com/kingsizebed.html

http://www.royalexpressinn.com/home.aspxFantastic Christian and Sunlover. Just what I was looking for. Thank you for speedy response!

Yujin
03-28-15, 01:47
http://www.grandpresident.com/

After staying 7 nights at the Areca Lodge in Pattaya, I took the bus from Pattaya to Bangkok (Ekamai). The one-way fare was THB 119 or about US $3. 75.

http://www.pattayabus.com/en/

A taxi might be a little faster, but taking the bus is just as quick and, in my opinion, much safer. If you're familiar with the BTS system and you don't have bulky luggage, this is my recommended way if you want to save some money.

On my last trip four years ago, I used a Bell Travel van to travel from Pattaya to a Bangkok hotel which turned out to be a big mistake.

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

The Bell Travel van first went to the airport before dropping off passengers at four or five different hotels in Bangkok. The Sukhumvit area hotels were the last on the drop off list. With the notorious Bangkok traffic jam, I think I was on the Bell Travel van for a butt-numbing, bladder-busting five to six hours. I do, however, highly recommend using Bell Travel if traveling between Pattaya and the airport, but never to Bangkok hotels.

The bus station in Bangkok is a short 1-minute walk away from the Ekamai BTS Station. From there, I took the train to the Nana BTS Station. From the Nana BTS Station, it was a three minute walk down Soi 11 to the Grand President.

This is my 5th trip Thailand, but my first time staying at the well-established Grand President. I've got to admit that I had some concerns about staying at the Grand President since some on-line guest reviews complained of rooms being "musty", "outdated", "worn", etc. I had visions of rooms similar to the Nana Hotel.

From my experience, if a mid-range Thai hotel (US $50) offers different standards of rooms from STANDARD to DELUXE and above, the STANDARD room will inevitably be a dump. I think hotel management believes those rooms are going to be "trashed" so why invest in them. It's also where they can re-cycle old and damaged furniture from DELUXE and above rooms. For this reason, I now try to stay in DELUXE rooms, but keep my daily room charge in the US $50 range.

I found the Grand President's "The Grande Promotion" on its website that offered a 33% savings on its DELUXE room. For a five-night stay, I was charged THB 7,705 (inclusive of service charge and taxes) or THB 1,545 per night. On my credit card, I was charged US $247.85 for the five-night stay. At US $49.57 per night, it was within my budget range. The downside is that you have to pay the entire room charges at booking to take advantage of "The Grande Promotion" savings.

My DELUXE room was on the 14th floor in Tower 1 which is the oldest of the three towers, but my room was better than expected. It was clean, modern, and well-maintained.

On first impression, I thought my DELUXE room was smaller than 344 square feet (32 square meters). After looking around, the room looked smaller because it had two walls lined with floor-to-ceiling closets, shelves and drawers, a love sofa, and a coffee table. The bathroom was ample sized.

The room had a microwave, an electric hot water pot, a mid-size refrigerator, and flatware / dishes.

The in-room combination safe is large enough for a laptop computer.

There is free room WI-FI; however, the signal was very weak unless I stood next to the room door. For this reason, I sometimes used the hotel's free desk top computers in its business center to check my e-mail.

Tower 1 has a swimming pool, but no fitness center. The fitness centers are located in Towers 2 and 3.

The swimming pool is 15 yards long and 9 feet wide (my estimate). The water appeared to be clean, but the pool's tile grouts in the shallow area were filled with dirt and grime. It could also be mold.

If you like to sunbath, the swimming pool / deck at Tower 1 does not get direct sun exposure until after 11:30 AM.

The floor with the swimming pool has a laundry room with coin-operated washers and dryers. There are also shelves for a book exchange (leave a book, take a book).

I only used the fitness center in Tower 2. The equipment is old, but useable. In my opinion, it's better than most mid-range hotel fitness centers.

"The Grande Promotion" does NOT include a complimentary breakfast buffet. I didn't know that so I ate free breakfasts for three mornings before a restaurant hostess asked me for my room number. I was busted. They didn't ask me to pay for the three unpaid breakfasts. The cost of the breakfast buffet was THB 400 which was way too much so I went to the nearby Au Bon Pain cafe.

The breakfast buffet has an Indian-flavor given the high number of guests from India.

The hotel requires a damage deposit of THB 1,000 at check-in. The money was quickly refunded at check-out after I was asked and I answered "NO" if had used anything from the room's bar.

I believe the hotel is GF friendly. I don't have any direct knowledge since I never took any girls back to my room. On this trip, I patronized only oily and soapy massage parlors.

The Grand President is located in "Little India". I'm not Indian, but I liked the location. The Dr. BJ's Nuru and Eden Club are one Soi away. The Climax nightclub is one block away. The Villa Market is two blocks away. Overall, nearly every thing a monger wants or needs is within walking distance of the Grand President or easily reachable by BTS.

On check-out, I walked to the Nana BTS and took the train to the Phaya Thai BTS and then connected to the airport train which made for a quick and easy departure from Bangkok.

Would I stay there again? If I could get the same rate (less than US $50 for a DELUXE room), I would say YES.

Christian G
03-28-15, 13:57
I believe the hotel is GF friendly. I don't have any direct knowledge since I never took any girls back to my room. On this trip, I patronized only oily and soapy massage parlors.
Yes the hotel is GF.

Abb8912
04-02-15, 13:26
Just back from S15 Sukhumvit, after staying there 5 nights. I booked the business suite room from their website in Jan'15, with promotion rate around 2600 b / night with.

2 x breakfast.

100% girl friendly, they collect lady's ID, and will call to room when the lady is leaving. Definitely will come back again.

Currently my choice in Sukhumvit:

1) S15.

2) Grandswiss hotel Soi 11.

3) Adelphi suite Soi 8, but WiFi sucks.

4) The Continent.

5) Novotel Ploenchit.

Scorchin
04-02-15, 14:39
Excellent Hotel. GF - near Annies. What more could one want?

Stykler
04-03-15, 00:35
For reasons dictated by my employer and as yet unknown to me, my employer wants me to stay in a hotel close to On Nut in May during a work trip.

Although I am a frequent traveler to BKK, my knowledge of the On Nut area is modest at best. Can anyone recommend a good 5 star around On Nut close to good food and the BTS?

TripAdvisor doesn't seem throw up any options that jump out.

Thanks.

Styk.

Yujin
04-03-15, 01:37
For reasons dictated by my employer and as yet unknown to me, my employer wants me to stay in a hotel close to On Nut in May during a work trip.

Although I am a frequent traveler to BKK, my knowledge of the On Nut area is modest at best. Can anyone recommend a good 5 star around On Nut close to good food and the BTS?

Thanks.

Styk.http://www.agoda.com/

Search: Bangkok BTS On Nut.

A "good 5 star" hotel is a rarity in the On Nut area since it's not an area that attracts very many affluent travelers. At best, you'll find a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel which means your employer will be saving lots of money on your hotel stay.

LA Guy 5
04-03-15, 02:30

Thanks.

Styk.You may already know this, but if you stayed around Asok at the Sheraton or Westin for example, it would only take about ten minutes to get to the On Nut Skytrain station using the Skytrain. I mention this because there likely is a greater availability of hotels around Asok than around On Nut.

Then again, your employer might have a good reason to have you stay exactly at On Nut although without more information it does seem like a bit of a strange request..

Stykler
04-03-15, 06:50
You may already know this, but if you stayed around Asok at the Sheraton or Westin for example, it would only take about ten minutes to get to the On Nut Skytrain station using the Skytrain. I mention this because there likely is a greater availability of hotels around Asok than around On Nut.

Then again, your employer might have a good reason to have you stay exactly at On Nut although without more information it does seem like a bit of a strange request..

Your dead right very strange, but not unusual for her. I think the reason is that being a property developer, she has been offered some property interests and she wants a first hand western review of the area. Who knows.

I had thought that Asok would have been a better choice, but who am I to disagree when a free trip to BKK is on the line.

Thanks for taking the time.

Styk.

Phordphan
04-03-15, 07:36

Thanks.

Styk.If you can go 1 Skytrain stop past On Nut, to Bang Chak (sp? There's the Viva Gardens serviced apartments. Very close to the station, nice amenities, very reasonable price.

Syzygies
04-03-15, 20:55
Your dead right very strange, but not unusual for her. I think the reason is that being a property developer, she has been offered some property interests and she wants a first hand western review of the area. Who knows.

I had thought that Asok would have been a better choice, but who am I to disagree when a free trip to BKK is on the line.

Thanks for taking the time.

Styk.I have stayed at at Mind (At Mind) Serviced Apartments. It is walking distance to On Nut BTS. Its not 5 star but close to 4 star in standard (I don't know the star rules), and popular with Japanese and young customers. I doubt if there is anything better that is Closer to On Nut BTS. There will be cheaper places closer. Other possibilities are Imm Fusion, The Bedrooms Boutique (stayed there once). Nothing approaches 5 stars.

Dan San
04-04-15, 12:18
Booked the Paradise by Compass Hospitality online. It took awhile to find because it's also the Royal Asia Lodge. Taxi driver had to call when we went a couple times around Soi 8. No joiner fee but there is a 2000 Baht deposit. Has the basics I look for; AC, free WiFi in rooms, safe large enough for a laptop, free breakfast (or included in price) and comfortable bed. But that is about it, the rooms need remodeled the bathroom has hot water (small water heater in room) but tub looks like one that was in my grandparents house and they've been dead for 20 years. Room seem quite but couldn't really tell (see Bangkok post for details of reason). If needed a cheap place would come back but for additional comforts don't recommend. Was $190 for 6 nights (hotels.com).

DS

Simian
04-04-15, 14:05
Booked the Paradise by Compass Hospitality online. It took awhile to find because it's also the Royal Asia Lodge. Taxi driver had to call when we went a couple times around Soi 8. No joiner fee but there is a 2000 Baht deposit. Has the basics I look for; AC, free WiFi in rooms, safe large enough for a laptop, free breakfast (or included in price) and comfortable bed. But that is about it, the rooms need remodeled the bathroom has hot water (small water heater in room) but tub looks like one that was in my grandparents house and they've been dead for 20 years. Room seem quite but couldn't really tell (see Bangkok post for details of reason). If needed a cheap place would come back but for additional comforts don't recommend. Was $190 for 6 nights (hotels.com).

DSI used to stay at the Royal Asia Lodge over 10 years ago and it desperately needed an upgrade then! Their prices seems to be lower than I remember. I stopped staying there since double glazing was improved in other hotels and I can stay closer to the action rather than all the way down the end of soi 8 and needing transport for those high heeled ladies who refused to walk the length of soi 8. There used to be a tailor shop inside that was owned by the hotel but after they ripped me off on the quality of the cloth I moved on.

Syzygies
04-04-15, 15:00

DSSounds like a con to call the place "paradise" in place of Royal Asia Lodge.

You should really be considering some of the Hotels that get recommended on here. I am sure most writers recommend pretty good new or at least modern Hotels. E. g. Mermaid Hotel is a new Hotel with good prices and very good value rooms. Just one example.

Syzygies
04-04-15, 15:23
Would I stay there again? If I could get the same rate (less than US $50 for a DELUXE room), I would say YES.That is an exceptional rate especially for Deluxe room. Paying just a little more would get The Mermaid (e. G. $60 with BF depending on date), which I thought was significantly better than the average Grand President rooms (getting a bit old) and normally cheaper. The newer place, President Palace, is somewhat more expensive. Amora Neo Lux is even cheaper than Mermaid but not quite as good. Certainly good value though for a modern room (4 stars).

Just offer these as very good value alternatives. Once these palces get popular, the prices will probably rise. Like Admiral Premier was once very cheap but these days has got rather popular and prices went up.

Duniawala
04-04-15, 15:31

DSB328 per night?

Syzygies
04-05-15, 07:31
B328 per night?Ha Ha! I think its actually available for 999 Baht. General review rating as average to poor. 1. 5 stars out of 5 on one site. However you get what you pay for sometimes. Pay 2000 Baht and a reasonably good room is possible. Maybe even 1500 Baht can be okay 999 Baht standard has to be lower standard or Hotel has to be far out from tourist areas.

There are cheap Hotels that get rated 4 stars on trip advisor, e. G. "Tune" Asoke is under 1200 Baht and may have much lower at times. Modern very basic Hotel.

Will Smith69
04-06-15, 20:19

* St. Regis.

* W Bangkok.

* LE Meridien Bangkok.

* Four Points Sheraton.

* Plaza Athenee.

* Royal Orchid Sheraton.

* Westin Grand Sukhumvit.Hello,

I also can recommend the Hansar hotel. I always stay there, it is "behind" the STR. So easy access to the BTS, very nice rooms and a convenient location.

And the rooms are perfect!

MilesToGo
04-07-15, 02:56
Stayed here for a couple nights. Can recommend based on value at 1500 b if booked directly thru their own website.

Right across from bumragard hospital, maybe a 10 min walk from promchit sky train. Up soi 1 a little bit dark but quiet at night. No noise issues. Was upgraded to a corner room. Bed comfortaable, tea & coffee in room. Np with any guests visits, will take ID's.

Mtg.

Member #2666
04-10-15, 17:29
I know there must be an answer to this question in the forum but to save me the time could someone please recommend a 2-3 bedroom apartment located in an obviously good.

For a US monger. Pool, easy walking, safe etc.

Many thanks.

Tmackly
04-10-15, 21:25
I know there must be an answer to this question in the forum but to save me the time could someone please recommend a 2-3 bedroom apartment located in an obviously good.

Many thanks.Try using Airbnb. There's an app for it as well.

OlBlueEyes1979
04-11-15, 03:22

Many thanks.I have to agree I am from the US also traveled to BKK 2012, and 2013, for me Airbnb is the way to go, have your own apartment (at your own risk) but there are MANY places near Sukumviet close to all the good Sois.

I'll be back in May staying at my normal studio condo (3/ yrs in a row same owner) with safe box / doorman / pool / wifi / GF friendly (your condo) soi 13 for $40 USD a night.

I like having the kitchen and I am comfortable with simple amenities unlike what you get at a 5 star hotel.

This particular one has housekeepers that come daily. Message me for information.

Perv On!

Banana Boi
04-11-15, 14:58
Try using Airbnb. Since AirBNB places are usually privately owned, are they usually girlfriend friendly? I see some ads even say they are near Soi Cowboy or Nana.

If anyone could PM me or post here some girlfriend friendly AirBNB places near Soi Cowboy or Nana (or in Pattaya) that would be great. Not looking to spend more than 2500 baht per night unless it has in-suite laundry or is too nice to pass up.

Syzygies
04-13-15, 09:17
Stayed here for a couple nights. Can recommend based on value at 1500 b if booked directly thru their own website.

Right across from bumragard hospital, maybe a 10 min walk from promchit sky train. Up soi 1 a little bit dark but quiet at night. No noise issues. Was upgraded to a corner room. Bed comfortaable, tea & coffee in room. Np with any guests visits, will take ID's.

Mtg.Had me puzzled for a moment. Phrom Chit is a small soi near soi 39.

BTS station is Phloenchit pronounced like plern-jit.

Harry Dude
04-14-15, 17:54
I stayed there for 4 nights recently.

Reasonably modern hotel, I had a suite with a nicely sized bedroom, a good king-size bed, an additional room with a desk & chair. Bathroom was big & nice, separate tub and shower.

Facilities were ok. The beds around the pool tended to fill up though.

A bit of a trek down Soi 20 which I didn't mind at all, with very easy access to Soi 22 - no need to go all the way up to Sukhumvit first.

Girl friendly. If you bring a girl then you can take the elevator straight to your floor. No need to stop by the reception at 4th floor.

Recommended.

Harry Dude
04-14-15, 18:00
Stayed there for five nights last week.

Got a big suite with a small-ish balcony.

Nice and quiet. Little traffic in this part of Soi 19.

However the AC was at times quite noisy.

Bedroom had a big king-size bed and an en-suite bathroom / toilet / shower.

The living room had a couch, TC, small dining area, full kitchen, and even a washing machine. Very convenient to be able to do laundry.

The suite was good enough. Although the suite did seem kind of "empty" - there was little in terms of decor. Not much color, not much art on the walls. Very bland.

The pool on the top floor did not have a bar, although you could ring for "room service".

Very girl friendly.

Did not try their breakfast as I prepared my own breakfast in the suite.

Very firm bed. I prefer the Sheraton beds. They are just the right softness for me.

Syzygies
04-15-15, 08:05
Stayed there for five nights last week.

Got a big suite with a small-ish balcony.

Nice and quiet. Little traffic in this part of Soi 19.

However the AC was at times quite noisy.

Bedroom had a big king-size bed and an en-suite bathroom / toilet / shower.

The living room had a couch, TC, small dining area, full kitchen, and even a washing machine. Very convenient to be able to do laundry.

The suite was good enough. Although the suite did seem kind of "empty" - there was little in terms of decor. Not much color, not much art on the walls. Very bland.

The pool on the top floor did not have a bar, although you could ring for "room service".

Very girl friendly.

Did not try their breakfast as I prepared my own breakfast in the suite.

Very firm bed. I prefer the Sheraton beds. They are just the right softness for me.I have not noticed any of the problems you mention.

Plain with no art is fine for me. Beds are not hard compared to some other Hotels. Firm yes.

Breakfast is good chef cooks good food.

Wandere
04-16-15, 10:28
http://www.spghotescapes.com/?EM=lg_MB_AP_OM_FBPagePostLink_11042207305346&ctyid=AP&SWAQ=5AWR

Starwood is offering discount on all their properties at Bangkok, valid for booking till April 18th.

Cheers!

KevinSBo
04-16-15, 19:57
I am coming next week to BKK. Done a bit of research and it seems that my interests would point me in the direction of Sukhumvit. Is there anyone that could recommend a good, cheap, cozy and safe place to rent for 4-5 nights? Any good deals? I am not looking for luxury but I want something decent, would be willing to go up to 35-40 per night tops. It should also be visitors-friendly.

Thanks!

Fun In Mumbai
04-16-15, 23:49
Mind sharing details about this place? Planning to visit in May week 1.

Thanks in advance.

I have to agree I am from the US also traveled to BKK 2012, and 2013, for me Airbnb is the way to go, have your own apartment (at your own risk) but there are MANY places near Sukumviet close to all the good Sois.

I'll be back in May staying at my normal studio condo (3/ yrs in a row same owner) with safe box / doorman / pool / wifi / GF friendly (your condo) soi 13 for $40 USD a night.

I like having the kitchen and I am comfortable with simple amenities unlike what you get at a 5 star hotel.

This particular one has housekeepers that come daily. Message me for information.

Perv On!

Dinotrex
04-17-15, 23:03
Anyone ever stayed at the S Sukhumvit Suites? Good experience? Bad experience? I noticed its close to cowboy which is great although I feel like I paid too much ($117 Usd per night) is it worth $117 per night??

Paul Kausch
04-17-15, 23:27
Anyone ever stayed at the S Sukhumvit Suites? Good experience? Bad experience? I noticed its close to cowboy which is great although I feel like I paid too much ($117 Usd per night) is it worth $117 per night??Go on Agoda or better yet TripAdvisor, enter the dates of your trip and compare prices. I recommend TA because it shows prices from multiple booking website, including Agoda. I also like to look at recent photos taken by travelers and read the reviews. By reading a large number of these I can get some sense of what to expect.

S Sukhumvit Suites is at an excellent location, but for that price I think you can do better. For example, I have booked 15 nights at the Sofitel in May and by applying LE Club Accorhotel points am paying US $105 per night inclusive of all taxes and service charges. I mention this because as I've previously written on this thread, you will get the best rates by signing up for a hotel chain's loyalty program and being loyal to that chain. They will match or exceed the rates you will find on booking sites; and the points you accumulate can be applied towards future room rates. You are also more likely to be offered perks like free room upgrades and free breakfast buffets. I'm platinum level in their program and have come to expect these upgrades and other perks like early check in and late check out at the Accor hotels I stay at. Accor, IHG, Marriott, Starwood, it doesn't matter. You can find chains that operate 3,4 and 5 star hotels, and have excellent loyalty programs.

Allover
04-18-15, 05:05
Anyone ever stayed at the S Sukhumvit Suites? Good experience? Bad experience? I noticed its close to cowboy which is great although I feel like I paid too much ($117 Usd per night) is it worth $117 per night??I have stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites a few times. They have newer ultamodern small rooms and regular rooms in 2-3 different types and prices. The regular rooms are ok. I have never paid more than $55/ night there. I think $117 is overpriced. Maybe they have a large group staying during your travel dates and only a few rooms available. That may be why they jacked up the rates. There are far better deals in BKK than S Suk at $117. Paul Kausch gets the 5 star Sofitel for less which is a fantastic deal. Read this forum for better value options.

I will say S Sukhumvit is a good hotel. Location is truly outstanding as it is a one minute walk from Soi Cowboy, Terminal 21, and the BTS and MRT. If you bank at Citibank there is a branch next door. I can't rave enough about how great the location is but it is not worth $117. You should also know it is a smaller hotel and a lot of Soi Cowboy girls don't know where it is. I love to see them smile when they see the S Sukhumvit sign and realize how close it is.

If you can't change your reservation don't worry. Stay there and enjoy BKK.

Nick2005
04-19-15, 08:49
I stayed in Dream Bangkok Hotel during my trip last month. Very decent property and a Girl Friendly one. I had a lady called from an Escort Agency on one evening. They sent her to my room after confirming with me. And after she left, they called me up again to verify that everything was alright. Quite discreet.

This was my third trip to Bangkok, and in my last two trips, I have stayed at Livingstones Lodge but since it is no longer there, I chose Dream Bangkok. Very nice location too.

Romance11
04-21-15, 05:31
I have booked double room for 2 adults at IBIS nana. So can I take, 2 girls inside?

When I checked they said for guest you have to submit the ID card. Not mentioned 3rd person is the guest or not.

Ed Setra
04-21-15, 18:56
I have booked double room for 2 adults at IBIS nana. So can I take, 2 girls inside?

When I checked they said for guest you have to submit the ID card. Not mentioned 3rd person is the guest or not.I suggest you ask them at IBIS to be totally sure. Some hotels have a joiner fee for the second guest. Routinely THB1000, which will add to the cost of your 3-some.

Three Lions
04-22-15, 14:50
I am staying at the Hotel solo Sukhumvit 2. Anybody have any knowledge as to the staffs take / you're ability to bringing girls back to your room.

Paul Kausch
04-22-15, 17:17
I am staying at the Hotel solo Sukhumvit 2. Anybody have any knowledge as to the staffs take / you're ability to bringing girls back to your room.In that location it is unlikely a hotel is not girl friendly. Book the room for 2. There should be no extra charge. To be sure, send the hotel an email and ask if they charge a joiner fee for overnight guests.

Three Lions
04-24-15, 17:03
In that location it is unlikely a hotel is not girl friendly. Book the room for 2. There should be no extra charge. To be sure, send the hotel an email and ask if they charge a joiner fee for overnight guests.Thanks for the information!

Awesome Man
04-24-15, 17:53
I am staying at the Hotel solo Sukhumvit 2. Anybody have any knowledge as to the staffs take / you're ability to bringing girls back to your room.Yes it is, according to this excellent source of information:

http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/bangkok-girl-friendly-hotels/#nana.

Three Lions
04-25-15, 18:37
Yes it is, according to this excellent source of information:

http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/bangkok-girl-friendly-hotels/#nana.Thank you!

Isc55
05-08-15, 11:05
I stayed two nights in this hotel.

Near Soi Cowboy and ten minutes from Nana Plaza, it has all you expect from this brand. And no problem to bring girls to your room.

Jean Sean
05-10-15, 23:31
I stayed two nights in this hotel.
Near Soi Cowboy and ten minutes from Nana Plaza, it has all you expect from this brand. And no problem to bring girls to your room.Stayed at HolidayInn Sukhumvit 22, a week's time in 2014, can confirm no problems bringing girls.

Was in BKK with my GF (now ex-, Central North middle class), and I refused to stay with her in her family's house in BKK (did that a couple of times already, worse that prison). My GF visited me a few times during daytime, also spent time in the pool area and lounge, no questions at all. And no questions when bringing girls at night.

High class HI, at European standards it's more like Crowne Plaza. I saw lot's of travel groups from China and Korea. Met a few fellow mongers in the lounge, that seemed to using it regularly, flying in from Dubai etc. It's on the corner of soi 22, with lot's of MP's, and both Cowboy and soi 24-26 are within a few minutes walk.

If you have IHG points it's a bargain. I was upgraded (quite normal all over the world, but it's not IHG policy when using rewards nights) and complimentary breakfast all week.

Syzygies
05-11-15, 08:06
I am staying at the Hotel solo Sukhumvit 2. Anybody have any knowledge as to the staffs take / you're ability to bringing girls back to your room.They seemed to have a funny idea about girls coming to the room. They said a 19 year old girl was too young to be a visiting guest. Not sure now if they required 20 or 21 years of age. But was okay If she was a checked in as a normal guest.

Go figure. Never had this problem at other Hotels. Next time stayed at Majestic Grande no problem with same girl same age.

IndStallion31
05-12-15, 18:16
Hello friends,

I'm visiting Bangkok from 28th to 31st of may. This is my first trip. This is mostly a mongering trip. So I want to know whether the hotels I have selected for staying in girl friendly or not. I would like to have suggestions from you experienced members.

My budget is 2000 baht per day.

The hotels I have shortlisted are.

1. Centara Watergate pavilion.

2. Ecotel hotel.

3. Bangkok palace hotel.

4. Baiyoke suite hotel.

5. Eastin makkason hotel.

6. Ramada DMA hotel.

7. LE Fenix hotel.

8. Belaire hotel.

Kindly suggest If anyone knows about these hotels and tell the best option. My preferences are that it should be girl friendly with free WiFi, free breakfast and fitness center.

Thank you.

Surya

Banana Boi
05-13-15, 07:05
Search the internet there are a few sites that list guest friendly hotels. The ones on your list don't ring bells for me as being on those lists, unless they're not ones near nana, thermae, or soi cowboy.

Mumbai Guy
05-13-15, 07:22
If your trip is solely for mongering then it is better to select hotels in Sukhumvit between soi 4 to 22. None of the hotels you have mentioned are convenient. Search on Agoda or Booking.com and you will find plenty of options. All hotels in Sukhumvit are girl friendly. You should book for double occupancy.

Hello friends,

I'm visiting Bangkok from 28th to 31st of may. This is my first trip. This is mostly a mongering trip. So I want to know whether the hotels I have selected for staying in girl friendly or not. I would like to have suggestions from you experienced members.

1. Centara Watergate pavilion.

2. Ecotel hotel.

3. Bangkok palace hotel.

4. Baiyoke suite hotel.

5. Eastin makkason hotel.

6. Ramada DMA hotel.

7. LE Fenix hotel.

8. Belaire hotel.

Kindly suggest If anyone knows about these hotels and tell the best option. My preferences are that it should be girl friendly with free WiFi, free breakfast and fitness center.

Thank you.

Surya

IndStallion31
05-13-15, 09:55
Thanks BB and Mumguy. Will do that.

AussieDoug
05-13-15, 11:58
Hello friends,

18. Belaire hotel.

Thank you.

SuryaBelaire is definitely not girl friendly.

Christian G
05-13-15, 15:01
My preferences are that it should be girl friendly Check here http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/.

Robert Long
05-13-15, 17:57
Thanks BB and Mumguy. Will do that.I just stayed at the Mermaid Hotel on Soi 29 and it was reasonable priced, girl friendly and covenant to most activities that you want to indulge in. Soi 22 is across Suk Rd. Plenty of Oil Massage shops.

RL.

Sunlover2
05-13-15, 19:38
Check here http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/.This is a useful link, but it does not contain the Nana Hotel which is ground zero for NEP and the grandaddy of the lower Sukhumvit mongering hotels. Maybe because you can't click through and book it directly on the agoda website?

SunLover.

Wolvenvacht
05-13-15, 22:12
This is a useful link, but it does not contain the Nana Hotel which is ground zero for NEP and the grandaddy of the lower Sukhumvit mongering hotels. Maybe because you can't click through and book it directly on the agoda website?

SunLover.Well, maybe because it is the great-grand-daddy and it is showing its ugly age.

Dg8787
05-14-15, 03:35
I usually stay around Nana Plaza but after a few days it gets to be too much in your face constantly. I was wondering about Tune Hotel around Terminal 21.

Is it a good location?

Do any FL hang around there?

Easy walking distance to Soi 7? 11?

Sunlover2
05-14-15, 11:02
I usually stay around Nana Plaza but after a few days it gets to be too much in your face constantly. I was wondering about Tune Hotel around Terminal 21.

Is it a good location?

Do any FL hang around there?

Easy walking distance to Soi 7? 11?It is a 10-15 minute walk from T21 to the Soi 7 Soi 11 area. A bit of a PITA at night when the street vendors crowd the odd side of Suk sidewalk. Walking on the even side is easier.

In the evenings there is normally a handful of FL's spread out from T21 down to around the Sofitel at Soi 15 but I would describe it as slim pickings. You might find acceptable choices with some effort.

IMO the benefit of that location would be T21, access to the BTS / MRT, close to Soi Cowboy, and walking distance to the Soi 24 area oilies.

SunLover.

Syzygies
05-14-15, 12:52
I just stayed at the Mermaid Hotel on Soi 29 and it was reasonable priced, girl friendly and covenant to most activities that you want to indulge in. Soi 22 is across Suk Rd. Plenty of Oil Massage shops.

RL.I second this. Have posted before on this Hotel. Its new, good standard and good price. Outshines Admiral Premier. Very good budget Hotel choice.

Member #4698
05-14-15, 13:52
I like to mix up my hotels when I visit BKK usually staying a week in each hotel over the course of my trip. My usual haunts are the Fraser, Admiral Premiere, Marriott Thonglor Exec Apartments, and Grand Center Point T21 (when I find a deal on their 1 bedroom suites). Last trip I also stayed at the Radisson Blu for 4 nights gratis thanks to my new membership with the Carlson Group. It is a pretty nice hotel with a good location. I do think it is priced a little high in the current Sukhumvit market, however, and I would not stay here again unless Carlson offered me a big discount or a free voucher night which I am sure they are going to do. I am funny that way. I don't mind spending money on the girls, a lot of money 555, but I prefer to spend as little as possible on airlines and hotels that meet my minimum standards. I am always on the look out for deals.

Anyway, I recently came across an offer from the Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 Hotel for $77/ night for their 1 bedroom suite (818 sq ft). The pictures look good and the reviews on Trip Advisor are in line with my expectations. I am not crazy about Soi 10, but I think I will try this hotel out for a week. Anybody ever stay here?

Socker
05-19-15, 05:36
Booked my exploratory month long trip to Thailand (for retirement living purposes) w / Eva $810 RT. I like this deal, 19 hours there and 17 hours on the return so the price seems right from the west-coast of the USA. (I love the 14 HR non stop to the PI (11 HR return) but I can't semi retire in the PI so Thailand, hee I come!

My first question is; anybody know of a good airbnb apartment (w / pool) close to Soi Cowboy? I want to experience a non hotel visit as if I lived there. I thought maybe someone here would have some experience in this airbnb concept. My plan is to spend 8 days in BKK (make a quick trip to AC) and then move on to Pattaya (Jomtien) on my return to Thailand.

Second question is how hard would it be to find ma jong gambling in BKK, I assume not hard but thought I would throw it out there. While the wife plays ma jong I will be doing BGs in Nana, that's why I ask.

Thanks and happy hunting!

Wolvenvacht
05-19-15, 07:17
Second question is how hard would it be to find ma jong gambling in BKK, I assume not hard but thought I would throw it out there. While the wife plays ma jong I will be doing BGs in Nana, that's why I ask.

As far as I know it is illegal in Thailand. Which of course means that it will be available but also that to find it you will have to "know the way" and I doubt that any oddd farang (or his wife) will get access. And if you get easy access, it may be a set-up to fleece you.

Socker
05-19-15, 08:03
As far as I know it is illegal in Thailand. Which of course means that it will be available but also that to find it you will have to "know the way" and I doubt that any oddd farang (or his wife) will get access. And if you get easy access, it may be a set-up to fleece you.Appreciate the heads up. I'm sure there is a lot of ma jong going on in the chinese communities of Thailand. Wherever there are Chinese people there is ma jong games, just throwing the question out there. One can probably find them after a couple of visits to a Chinese restaurant. Thanks again!

ScottHayes
05-19-15, 19:53
Hi,

I am looking for a hotel not far from the action but also has a nice rooftop or attached bar, ideally for a date. The fancy the the bar the better it is.

Christian G
05-19-15, 21:31
Hi,

I am looking for a hotel not far from the action but also has a nice rooftop or attached bar, ideally for a date. The fancy the the bar the better it is.LE Fenix hotel in soi11 sukhumvit have a Nest Roofbar at 8 floor.

http://www.lefenixbangkok.com/en/

Margaya
05-19-15, 21:38
I second this. Have posted before on this Hotel. Its new, good standard and good price. Outshines Admiral Premier. Very good budget Hotel choice.Syzygies,

Thanks for comparing it to AP. I am beginning to get tired of AP and looking for a suitable alternative in same area. Any other hotel you recommend?

Member #4698
05-19-15, 21:53
Hi,

I am looking for a hotel not far from the action but also has a nice rooftop or attached bar, ideally for a date. The fancy the the bar the better it is.Check out The Fraser Suites Hotel on Soi 11. Specifically their rooftop bar called 'Above Eleven'.

http://www.aboveeleven.com/

RadPoker
05-20-15, 00:03
LE Fenix hotel in soi11 sukhumvit have a Nest Roofbar at 8 floor.

http://www.lefenixbangkok.com/en/Do you know? Looks nice.

Radpoker.

Banana Boi
05-20-15, 00:28
Do you know? Looks nice.Le Fenix is on the guest friendly hotel lists.

PrinceRaj2126
05-21-15, 06:52
I did stay there and Hotel & staff were excellent.

It is indeed girl friendly and if you trust the girls, you can take directly to your room without being frisked by security or Reception. Reception in 1st floor and taking lift from ground directly to your room's floor. In fact Last time, I took 2 girls with me. LOL.

Also nest rooftop bar is good with nice music and sometimes we can find few high class FL.

Cheers

Do you know? Looks nice.

Radpoker.

Breadman
05-21-15, 12:18
Have to say I really liked this cheap hotel option. Room was huge, well lit, had a large fridge freezer combo, stove top, microwave, water kettle, free breakfast and many tuktuks that would take you up and town. Negatives are the shower and temp of the water, distance from nana and bra. But ID stay there again if I got the same type of room.

Breadman
05-21-15, 12:35
I was very impressed by the size of the lobby and the rooftop pool, too bad the room didn't live up to expectations. The Aspen suites was a much better room to relax. They didn't ask for girls ID but it was a long wdlk past reception. And its location halfway between nana and cowboy rules out the use of the the bts.

Omigawd
05-24-15, 04:44
I am expecting to arrive at the airport at 7 AM and wondering what to do after a long inter continental flight. The hotel I am staying in is $100 a night so don't want to waste that much for just few hours. On the other hand I will be tired, a bit of sleep after shower and be / fast would be ideal before hitting action in evening.

How do you guys manage early morning touch downs? Is there a decent and cheap hotel near airport or in city one can use to get bit of sleep and not worry too much about money?

Zahle
05-24-15, 21:57
I am expecting to arrive at the airport at 7 AM and wondering what to do after a long inter continental flight. The hotel I am staying in is $100 a night so don't want to waste that much for just few hours. On the other hand I will be tired, a bit of sleep after shower and be / fast would be ideal before hitting action in evening.

How do you guys manage early morning touch downs? Is there a decent and cheap hotel near airport or in city one can use to get bit of sleep and not worry too much about money?Many times I have spent the morning in the Lobby, or in one of the parks. But for my next trip, I have payed that extra night, so that the room is ready and I can do just what ever I want and start my holiday relaxed. I think that it is worth it.

Yujin
05-25-15, 00:33

How do you guys manage early morning touch downs? Is there a decent and cheap hotel near airport or in city one can use to get bit of sleep and not worry too much about money?If the hotel won't let you check in early, ask the hotel desk clerk to store your luggage. If it's a $100 a night hotel, it should have a gym or health club or swimming pool. Tell them why you want to shave and shower (long flight) since it's not an unreasonable request. Since you'll be a guest, the hotel should allow you to use those facilities so have your toiletries and fresh clothes easily accessible.

The hotel might also have a spa or massage parlor.

If all that fails, do what I've done. Sleep in the lobby and SNORE. That motivates the hotel to get your room ready and available for an early check-in.

TimTimGuy
05-25-15, 02:43
I am expecting to arrive at the airport at 7 AM and wondering what to do after a long inter continental flight. *snip* Is there a decent and cheap hotel near airport or in city one can use to get bit of sleep and not worry too much about money?Hi OMG. A couple of things come to mind. First, you can book the "first night" -- your arrival morning-- at a much more modestly priced hotel, like one of the Citadines. Check out LateStays dot com for options. Just be sure to send an email explaining that you will not arrive until the morning. This is what I do, when arriving transPacific. Another option is to check out the Louis Tavern in Suvarnabumi. The facility is inside the airport, inside immigration, so it may not work if you've got check luggage. I've never tried it, but friends say it's ok for a 4 hour layover--shower, shave, change clothes, get a nap. The nearby hotels are really not that cheap, compared to the 3-star facilities in downtown. Let us know what happens. TTG.

LA Guy 5
05-25-15, 06:26
Hi OMG. A couple of things come to mind. First, you can book the "first night" -- your arrival morning-- at a much more modestly priced hotel, like one of the Citadines. Check out LateStays dot com for options. Just be sure to send an email explaining that you will not arrive until the morning. This is what I do, when arriving transPacific. Another option is to check out the Louis Tavern in Suvarnabumi. The facility is inside the airport, inside immigration, so it may not work if you've got check luggage. I've never tried it, but friends say it's ok for a 4 hour layover--shower, shave, change clothes, get a nap. The nearby hotels are really not that cheap, compared to the 3-star facilities in downtown. Let us know what happens. TTG.I did stay at Louis Tavern inside the airport once when I had a layover (arrived late then early morning flight out). It was not bad for a few hours of sleep. But, if I recall, it was not cheap for what it is. Here are some reviews and information. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1639291-Reviews-Louis_Tavern_Transit_Hotel_Dayrooms_Suvarnabhumi_Airport-Bangkok.html.

Sunlover2
05-25-15, 10:34
How do you guys manage early morning touch downs? I am sure most hotels are used to dealing with early morning guest arrivals as most of the flight from Europe arrive at this time. They might have a policy already in place to deal with this. You should contact them and ask.

The hotel I usually stay at in Bangkok will let me check-in early in the morning for no extra charge. Quite convenient; and helps keep me as a repeat customer. The other policy they have that I like is a late check-out option. Normal check-out time is 2 pm. Late check-out gives you the option to depart at 8 pm for 50% of the daily rate. Quite convenient for the midnight BKK departures.

SL.

Breadman
05-25-15, 13:58
Decided to try out this hotel that's right around the corner from soi cowboy. Got one of the only two fantastic rooms at this place, the rooms on the roof with almost an entire wall of windows that open out onto Asok. Very nice large room, the only negative was the bathroom needed a fresh coat of paint. And the elevator is one of those rickity old things that barely gets you up to the 5th floor (then stairs onto the rooftop). But for the location it can't be beat.

Smoothy
05-25-15, 14:10
Decided to try out this hotel that's right around the corner from soi cowboy. Got one of the only two fantastic rooms at this place, the rooms on the roof with almost an entire wall of windows that open out onto Asok. Very nice large room, the only negative was the bathroom needed a fresh coat of paint. And the elevator is one of those rickity old things that barely gets you up to the 5th floor (then stairs onto the rooftop). But for the location it can't be beat.I use that hotel sometimes for short times. It's right next to Soi Cowboy and only costs like 30 usd. I prefer to sleep in a bit nicer accommodations, but that hotel is great for short time sessions. Many times when I am in town on business and don't want my co-workers to see me take a girl to my room, I will book a room at that hotel just for shagging.

Breadman
05-25-15, 16:49
I use that hotel sometimes for short times. It's right next to Soi Cowboy and only costs like 30 usd. I prefer to sleep in a bit nicer accommodations, but that hotel is great for short time sessions. Many times when I am in town on business and don't want my co-workers to see me take a girl to my room, I will book a room at that hotel just for shagging.I saw several of the rooms on the regular floors, they looked like little closets. Mine was a nice huge brightly lit room (although the tv hardly worked).

Rodwint2
05-25-15, 22:02

How do you guys manage early morning touch downs? Is there a decent and cheap hotel near airport or in city one can use to get bit of sleep and not worry too much about money?Just request an early check in. If a room is empty, the hotel will probably put you in, if you have a reservation for more than a couple of nights. If not, you can ask if there is an early check in fee. It should not be close to $100.

June is suppose to be the slow season due to the weather being so hot. Hotels are not running too full at this time. A suggestion, check out the Grand President website, they have a 20% off deal if you prepay and you can get a good room rate between $58 to $71 per night all inclusive. I would not chose the standard room (some complaints on them not being kept up or renovated), but the deluxe and junior suite are good deals.

Omigawd
05-26-15, 11:23
Rodwint2, Sunlover2, TimTimGuy, La Guy 5, Yujin and Zahle.

Thanks a lot for the tips on dealing with early arrival. I never thought about using toilet / shower facilities at hotel which indeed could be all one needs in the morning. Ditto about visiting a massage parlour and getting a shower and invigorating massage.

DXLakroone
05-26-15, 12:54
First timer to BKK for business trip; has anyone ever stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bangkok?

I noted it's guest-friendly at bargirlfriendlyhotels.com, but requires guests to "leave an ID card with our security officer". Is this strictly enforced?

Can't I just bring a girl up or tell her which room # to go to? Or maybe call the front desk and give them a heads up I'm having a guest over?

Thanks in advance.

Banana Boi
05-26-15, 14:42
but requires guests to "leave an ID card with our security officer". This is for your protection. Use the hotel service.

Allover
05-26-15, 17:14
This is for your protection. Use the hotel service.Agree totally with Banana Boi. Especially if its a FL you met at Lumpini. Or any other girl for that matter.

DwayneJohnson
05-26-15, 17:18
First timer to BKK for business trip; has anyone ever stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bangkok?

I noted it's guest-friendly at bargirlfriendlyhotels.com, but requires guests to "leave an ID card with our security officer". Is this strictly enforced?

Can't I just bring a girl up or tell her which room # to go to? Or maybe call the front desk and give them a heads up I'm having a guest over?

Thanks in advance.Nice location to pick up lumpini freelancers. Always ask these girls (especially FL's) to leave ID with hotel security, its for your safety.

Wolvenvacht
05-26-15, 19:07
Agree totally with Banana Boi. Especially if its a FL you met at Lumpini. Or any other girl for that matter.It is one of my standard questions during the pre-games interview: "Do you have your ID with you"? If she hasn't then it is "no deal".

KiJang
06-05-15, 05:58
If the hotel won't let you check in early, ask the hotel desk clerk to store your luggage. ........
If all that fails, do what I've done. Sleep in the lobby and SNORE. That motivates the hotel to get your room ready and available for an early check-in.LOL.

Here is what I do when I arrive early at one of the Soi 11 hotels. Deposit my luggage and walk over to the Sukhumvit Starbucks for breakfast. The upper floor glass windows are good for people watching. Towards mid day proceed either to Annies for a massage (rub and tug) and return to the hotel in time for check in and a good nap. Or back in the day when Soi 7 Beergarden was still a good option I would pick up a FL after few drinks and lunch and return to the hotel for afternoon delights. Followed by a nap, of course.

Grand President and President Solitaire have allowed me a 9 AM check-in more than once. If the room was not ready It would be a 30 min to 1 hour wait in which case I would deposit my bags and do the above.

Kijang.

JohnnyO
06-05-15, 06:45
Hi guys, I finally decided on 2 nights at the Majestic suites. Does anybody have any tips on where the best rooms are within the hotel in terms of special requests when making the booking. There is also a choice of ground floor and upper ground. If any of you guys have stayed here please share some tips on where the best rooms are within the hotel. Thanks.

Tratnguyen1
06-06-15, 06:18
Hi guys, I finally decided on 2 nights at the Majestic suites. Does anybody have any tips on where the best rooms are within the hotel in terms of special requests when making the booking. There is also a choice of ground floor and upper ground. If any of you guys have stayed here please share some tips on where the best rooms are within the hotel. Thanks.Hi,

I stayed at Majestic suite many times in the past. In general, M. S. Is a good choice hotel, clean and totally GF. The hotel front rooms may have some noise problem due to heavy traffic on Sukhumvit 24 hrs daily. I switched to other hotel in lower Soi Sukhumvit because the M. S. Did not give me a room that I already booked directly to the hotel. I had a front room on 6th floor and it was noisy all night.

Kkreeac
06-08-15, 19:21
Hey guys, need a little help. Ill be making a quick visit to BKK with a friend of mine, I was hoping to find a decent 2 bedroom service apartment or 2 bedroom hotel suite. Does anyone have any good suggestions for something next to Nana or cowboy? Alternatively thinking of booking 2 regular hotel rooms with interconnecting room. We like to party a bit with the girls before going to our own rooms to do the dirty.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

Kkreeac,

Stay safe and play safe.

Mumbai Guy
06-09-15, 06:10
Try Phachara Suites on soi 6. Its within walking distance from NEP (3-4 minutes). They have 1 & 2 bedroom suites at reasonable rates.

Hey guys, need a little help. Ill be making a quick visit to BKK with a friend of mine, I was hoping to find a decent 2 bedroom service apartment or 2 bedroom hotel suite. Does anyone have any good suggestions for something next to Nana or cowboy? Alternatively thinking of booking 2 regular hotel rooms with interconnecting room. We like to party a bit with the girls before going to our own rooms to do the dirty.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

Kkreeac,

Stay safe and play safe.

Allover
06-10-15, 03:45

Any thoughts?First a word of caution. Some suites in BKK only have a king bed in one bedroom. The other bedroom may have 2 twins. Not good when both of you are mongering. That's because a lot of these suites are for family use. I would recommend Grand President, especially their rooms in Tower 3. Good sized living room and a king bed in both bedrooms. You also get two bathrooms / showers with their suite. Two bathrooms is nice when you have a room occupied by two mongers and 2 girls. On8 also has connecting rooms that would work for you (but no living room). Both are an easy walk to Nana and close to the BTS. Grand Prez is on Soi 11 my favorite street in BKK.

I'm always looking for 2 bedrooms so I would appreciate all suggestions. Thanks Mumbai Guy for suggesting Phachara. Will look into it.

Raju 1974
07-05-15, 07:48
Visiting BKK shortly for 3 days. Which hotel / Place will be best for booking in advance so that we are in the middle of all fun and are GF friendly allowing to come back with girls freely. This trip will be purely for good mongering experience. Can any expert please guide me.

Thanks,

Christian G
07-05-15, 10:23
Visiting BKK shortly for 3 days. Which hotel / Place will be best for booking in advance so that we are in the middle of all fun and are GF friendly allowing to come back with girls freely. This trip will be purely for good mongering experience. Can any expert please guide me.

Thanks,http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/

Here you can check the GF hotel in Bangkok, my suggestion is to looking for hotel in Sukhumvit road between Nana and Asok.

Raju 1974
07-05-15, 13:35
Thanks Christian, first for suggesting the appropriate place for the post and then for the suggestion.

http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/

Here you can check the GF hotel in Bangkok, my suggestion is to looking for hotel in Sukhumvit road between Nana and Asok.

Mumbai Guy
07-05-15, 15:17
Almost all hotels on Sukhumvit between soi-2 to 23 are guest friendly. Select any hotel based on your budget. Search on any good website such as agoda, cleartrip or booking.com for details and reviews on hotels.

Thanks,

AD912
07-07-15, 05:48
Hi everyone,

I have been booked in you Sathorn Bangkok. No chance of changing the hotel. Could someone please tell if this is girl friendly? If not then I have no choice but to visit the ST hotels or oilies.

AD (former handle: Utd1980).

Eric Swiss
07-11-15, 06:18
The five-star hotel Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, which is very girl-friendly and conveniently close to Soi Cowboy, offers a room for THB 3200 if you book on the Internet with a credit card, but asks for double if you walk up to the front desk with cash in your hand. Does anybody know a way to get around this rip-off?

Yujin
07-11-15, 06:55
The five-star hotel Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, which is very girl-friendly and conveniently close to Soi Cowboy, offers a room for THB 3200 if you book on the Internet with a credit card, but asks for double if you walk up to the front desk with cash in your hand. Does anybody know a way to get around this rip-off?

I wouldn't call it a scam or rip-off. It's common practice. The "walk up" rate is the hotel's published or rack rate. It's like the sticker price on a new car. You can try and negotiate with the manager, but the best way to get around it is to book on-line directly through the hotel's website, Agoda, Expedia, etc.

A few years ago, I was in New York and booked a deep discounted rate through Expedia. At the end of my stay, I needed to stay two days longer so I called the front desk and the hotel would not honor the discounted Expedia rate. Instead, the hotel quoted me their rack rate which was three times higher than the Expedia rate. I called Expedia and booked for two more nights at the discounted rate. Problem solved!

Eric Swiss
07-11-15, 07:10
I wouldn't call it a scam or rip-off. It's common practice. The "walk up" rate is the hotel's published or rack rate. It's like the sticker price on a new car. You can try and negotiate with the manager, but the best way to get around it is to book on-line directly through the hotel's website, Agoda, Expedia, etc.

A few years ago, I was in New York and booked a deep discounted rate through Expedia. At the end of my stay, I needed to stay two days longer so I called the front desk and the hotel would not honor the discounted Expedia rate. Instead, the hotel quoted me their rack rate which was three times higher than the Expedia rate. I called Expedia and booked for two more nights at the discounted rate. Problem solved!Thank you for putting it into perspective. I think you are right actually.

Nonetheless, there can exist some perfectly legitimate reasons why some people, in certain circumstances, would not necessarily want their credit card to be linked to a hotel reservation. Especially in Thailand. But I'm sure people worldwide have the same kinds of concerns.

So is there any way to combine the privacy of the "walk-up" with the rate of the Internet?

Wolvenvacht
07-11-15, 08:03

Easy, book on the intenet with a credit card. And if you don't want to "taint" your credit-card with a hotel booking in Thailand, get yourself one of these pre-paid credt cards, they are as good and as anonymous as cash.

Wolvenvacht
07-11-15, 08:07
Hi everyone,

I have been booked in you Sathorn Bangkok. No chance of changing the hotel. Could someone please tell if this is girl friendly? If not then I have no choice but to visit the ST hotels or oilies.

AD (former handle: Utd1980).I have no idea as I have never stayed there, but why don't you just email them and ask them about their "joiner policy"?

Eric Swiss
07-11-15, 10:28
Easy, book on the intenet with a credit card. And if you don't want to "taint" your credit-card with a hotel booking in Thailand, get yourself one of these pre-paid credt cards, they are as good and as anonymous as cash.I do not think it is possible to get one of these pre-paid credit cards in Thailand.

Wolvenvacht
07-11-15, 12:08
I do not think it is possible to get one of these pre-paid credit cards in Thailand.You can buy them in your home country and use them world-wide.

Syzygies
07-11-15, 12:19
Thank you for putting it into perspective. I think you are right actually.

Nonetheless, there can exist some perfectly legitimate reasons why some people, in certain circumstances, would not necessarily want their credit card to be linked to a hotel reservation. Especially in Thailand. But I'm sure people worldwide have the same kinds of concerns.

So is there any way to combine the privacy of the "walk-up" with the rate of the Internet?Well one has to stay somewhere if visiting Thailand and your passport will already indicate that you have visited Thailand.

Its possible to have Credit Cards or Debit Cards that have online statements so no paper record sent to your home address. So open a new bank account with a secret credit card and online statements.

Use a travel agent to book your Hotel. They can get a better rate like on the internet. Pay the travel agent cash. I used to always use a Bangkok travel agent years ago in Bangkok and could pay them cash.

It really cannot be so difficult, but I have had same experience that offering to pay cash at Hotel reception, the staff are not authorised to give big discounts.

Mumbai Guy
07-11-15, 18:41
This time I am planning to book Grand Swiss on Sukhumvit 11. Anybody stayed there? Any reviews?

MG.

Scorchin
07-11-15, 19:19
This time I am planning to book Grand Swiss on Sukhumvit 11. Anybody stayed there? Any reviews?

MG.Try searching this thread. Most hotels are covered. And try Trip Advisor!

Eric Swiss
07-12-15, 04:14
Well one has to stay somewhere if visiting Thailand and your passport will already indicate that you have visited Thailand.

Its possible to have Credit Cards or Debit Cards that have online statements so no paper record sent to your home address. So open a new bank account with a secret credit card and online statements.

Use a travel agent to book your Hotel. They can get a better rate like on the internet. Pay the travel agent cash. I used to always use a Bangkok travel agent years ago in Bangkok and could pay them cash.

It really cannot be so difficult, but I have had same experience that offering to pay cash at Hotel reception, the staff are not authorised to give big discounts.Thank you for the suggestion of using a bricks-and-mortar Bangkok-based travel agent and paying him cash. I hadn't thought of it. That just might work. I'll try it next time. Fingers crossed!

Abb8912
07-12-15, 04:58

MG.Nice hotel, sound proof may not that good, but choose a higher floor room will be better.

Girl friendly hotel, that time they dint' take ID from ladies, not sure now.

Breadman
07-12-15, 14:52
Thank you for the suggestion of using a bricks-and-mortar Bangkok-based travel agent and paying him cash. I hadn't thought of it. That just might work. I'll try it next time. Fingers crossed!I used Agoda and prepaid my hotels using my credit card, I'm sure you could buy a prepaid card at home and use that to prepay the hotel. If you stay in smaller hotels that don't offer dining or minibars there's no reason they'd need a credit card. My hotel in Pattaya didn't have either of these and never asked for a credit card.

Raju 1974
07-13-15, 13:33
Thanks a Lot Mumbai Guy for your valuable advice.

Almost all hotels on Sukhumvit between soi-2 to 23 are guest friendly. Select any hotel based on your budget. Search on any good website such as agoda, cleartrip or booking.com for details and reviews on hotels.

Garoto
07-13-15, 13:33
Anyone know if there are noises of buildings under construction near Citadines Sukhumvit Soi 8 NOW?

Thank you.

Daddy San
07-13-15, 17:13
I used Agoda and prepaid my hotels using my credit card, I'm sure you could buy a prepaid card at home and use that to prepay the hotel. If you stay in smaller hotels that don't offer dining or minibars there's no reason they'd need a credit card. My hotel in Pattaya didn't have either of these and never asked for a credit card.Do you happen to know if one can buy a prepaid card anonymously, I. E. Cash down and without leaving a paper trail? (The NSA probably would not allow it).

Breadman
07-13-15, 20:28
Do you happen to know if one can buy a prepaid card anonymously, I. E. Cash down and without leaving a paper trail? (The NSA probably would not allow it).Pretty sure you can walk into a supermarket anywhere in the states, pull out cash and buy a prepaid card without using any ID. You'll lose a few bucks off the bat for the fee and then the foreign exchange fee that's going to be added when you use Agoda.

Turgid
07-14-15, 11:34
If its on ya I missed it. Has anyone used Asoke Place for short time with Soi Cowboy go gos? Recommended?

AussieDoug
07-14-15, 12:20
If its on ya I missed it. Has anyone used Asoke Place for short time with Soi Cowboy go gos? Recommended?Not for a long time, adequate hotel, but the stairs up to all floors are wood, so no fire escape, but OK for what you want.

Turgid
07-14-15, 15:18
Not for a long time, adequate hotel, but the stairs up to all floors are wood, so no fire escape, but OK for what you want.Thanks mate. I think its 300 B for 3 hrs, will give it a try and report.

Syzygies
07-17-15, 15:55
If its on ya I missed it. Has anyone used Asoke Place for short time with Soi Cowboy go gos? Recommended?Sure heaps of times. Specially good if you want to take two or three girls at same time. Price increases slightly for the extra towels. Has air con. Fine for a quick fuck. Warning though, on a busy night they may try to restrict you to 1 hour. I therefore prefer non busy nights or sometimes take girl there early like 7 PM before the busy periods.

AllenFlUSA
07-17-15, 17:59
I have stayed multiple times at Majestic, Grand President, Royal Asia Lodge, etc. But have some good prices for two hotels that both have pools and fitness centers, but don't know if they are visitor friendly. Anyone with experience at the Nanatai Suites or SM Grand Residence on Soi 4?

Syzygies
07-18-15, 15:14
Thanks mate. I think its 300 B for 3 hrs, will give it a try and report.No that is wrong. You won't get much more than an hour on a busy night. Although I am sure I have had longer when I paid extra for 2 girls. During the day they may give 3 hours for 300 Baht, I don't know.

Indy 459
07-21-15, 17:19
Anyone know if there are noises of buildings under construction near Citadines Sukhumvit Soi 8 NOW?

Thank you.Stayed last month at the beginning of the Soi and walked to the end a couple of times and no construction activity around Citadines.

Indy 459
07-21-15, 17:23
Nice hotel, sound proof may not that good, but choose a higher floor room will be better.

Girl friendly hotel, that time they dint' take ID from ladies, not sure now.Getting a cab into that narrow lane might be a bit of a problem especially if you plan on shopping around and returning with large bags very often.

Or go past Soi 11 on Suk and enter the sub Soi from the main road.

Otherwise great location and guest friendly.

Mumbai Guy
07-22-15, 18:37
Stayed at Grand Swiss on Sukhumvit soi-11 for 3 nights last week. The Grand premier room was nice, spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Lot of restaurants in the viscinity.

Jeremy101
07-23-15, 04:19
I was a Soi 11 guy for the past 10 years, but it's lost its charm for me. If you love the hustle and bustle of night life, Soi 11 is great. But, it's become a bit too crowded for me. I always stayed at the following hotels and recommend all three:

1) Grand President. Pros: great location, girl friendly, decent weight room, nice staff, discount at The Old German Beerhouse, liked the royal suite with a separate living room area, loved listening to the birds in the Ambassador, they never mess with you and I have had some crazy parties in my room, the price is excellent, good breakfast.

Cons: Elevators are painfully slow; the rooms are old and need refurbishing, the staff was better in the past IMHO, the elevators are painfully slow;.

2) President Solitaire: Pros: Girl friendly, there is a Jacuzzi tub but it's overrated, the location is quiet, staff has always been good, pool is good, elevator is fast, interesting neighborhood, very quiet.

Cons: Far up the Soi, the gym is poor, breakfasts are not as elaborate as Grand President, the rooms (suites) have an odd layout;.

3) Frazer Suites:

Pros: great rooms and bathrooms are outstanding, good staff, Above 11; girl friendly but I have sometimes brought 3 ladies with me and say "one is my wife, the other her sister, the other her cousin" and they let me pass. Great management; super fast elevators, I mean they zoom!

Cons: Q Bar can keep you awake; long hike up Soi 11, more expensive than the prior two hotels. Breakfast is average, Grand President is the best; WiFi is spotty.

AsianVid
07-23-15, 06:08
Last time stayed at Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke. With promotion price I payed 2000 bht via Agoda. Big living room with sofa and TV / stereo and large outside area. Kitchen area, laundry machine, bedroom with TV, large bathroom with shower and bath, 2 toilets. All in walking distance of Soi cowboy, terminal 21 and asoke BTW / mrt.

Kkreeac
07-27-15, 19:48
Just a quick note.

Shama Suites Soi 2/4 Sukhumvit. Rented a 2 bedroom apartment, a bit expensive, but perfect. Absolutely girl friendly. And close proximity to the action. Would definitely recommend this place.

All the best.

Kkreeac

Stay safe and play safe.

KiJang
07-28-15, 11:36
Is getting old and a bit worn out. It is perfect as a 3 star USD 55 property. However my recent stay was a bit disappointing as the place was packed to the rafters with budget travelers from Middle East and the subcontinent and also single white women who keep staring when you return with a girl. I don't understand why they decide to live in a red light area if they don't approve of the activities. The rooms are cockroach infested. Yes, you have been warned. Staff are professional when checking in working girls said one of my companions when she arrived unaccompanied.

KiJang
07-28-15, 11:39
Yes it's still okay for the money. Preferred by subcontinent families on tour. There was no one in the lobby when I returned twice with a girl. Therefore no I the check. Also no check when entering the parking late at night. One of my FL drove me in her car. This lack of checking might not be a good thing.

BionicMan
07-29-15, 00:02
Is getting old and a bit worn out. It is perfect as a 3 star USD 55 property. However my recent stay was a bit disappointing as the place was packed to the rafters with budget travelers from Middle East and the subcontinent and also single white women who keep staring when you return with a girl. I don't understand why they decide to live in a red light area if they don't approve of the activities. The rooms are cockroach infested. Yes, you have been warned. Staff are professional when checking in working girls said one of my companions when she arrived unaccompanied.I go often at MG and only once I detected some micro bugs in the sink.

Never seen the famous cockroaches. Rooms are not made yesterday but I wouldn't rate it worn out.

As for the people stating at you, do the walk of fame as the shame is their.

Might be that not all clients knew that MG is a few steps from the infamous NEP. If you arrive through Soi 2 you would not deter whee you are unless you know.

True there has been an increase, as in the whole area, of ME visitors.

BionicMan
07-29-15, 00:14
Just a quick note.

Shama Suites Soi 2/4 Sukhumvit. Rented a 2 bedroom apartment, a bit expensive, but perfect. Absolutely girl friendly. And close proximity to the action. Would definitely recommend this place.

All the best.

Kkreeac

Stay safe and play safe.Price range?

GanjaBreed
07-29-15, 08:24
I have stayed at Adelphi Suites the past couple of trips and have no issues with it. Going back to in a few weeks and thought of a change up.

Any reviews / recon you kind sirs may have on on Phachara Suites would be greatly appreciated.

Mac75
07-29-15, 18:15
Is getting old and a bit worn out. It is perfect as a 3 star USD 55 property. However my recent stay was a bit disappointing as the place was packed to the rafters with budget travelers from Middle East and the subcontinent and also single white women who keep staring when you return with a girl. I don't understand why they decide to live in a red light area if they don't approve of the activities. The rooms are cockroach infested. Yes, you have been warned. Staff are professional when checking in working girls said one of my companions when she arrived unaccompanied.Just wondering are you referring to the Majestic Grande or Majestic Suites? I thought the Grande was 4/5 star and the Suites 3 star.

KiJang
07-30-15, 05:26
Just wondering are you referring to the Majestic Grande or Majestic Suites? I thought the Grande was 4/5 star and the Suites 3 star.I am referring to Grande. It used to be 4/5 star 10 years ago when I first stayed here. Not anymore. Currently the rooms are going for 50 USD on agoda. Compared to newer properties like Phachara in the same area, where I have a twice as big studio apartment with a fully equipped kitchen and a washer dryer, and a balcony overlooking a garden, Majestic grande is definitely old and worn. Phachara cost me only 10 USD more. The price difference more than makes up for itself as I can do my own laundry or cook a quick meal. But like I said earlier if you are looking for a something in that price range Majestic Grande still an excellent choice.

Regarding the roaches I killed 2 baby roaches, 1 adolescent and 1 adult. All of them appeared around or on the telephone and on the side of the bed. They are definitely not visitors or joiners that I brought in. Therefore my comment on the infestation still stands. May be not all rooms and floors are affected and your experience may vary.

When I checked in the front desk sent me off to an already occupied room and I opened the door to find a guest already in the room. Embarrassing. The bellhop and I then went back to the front desk where the front desk staff and duty manager did not even acknowledge their mistake let alone look at me and offer a token apology. They just gave a different key to the bellhop and off we went again. Also the complimentary drink coupon which I was given earlier had now disappeared from the key card holder (not that it mattered to me). Is this 4/5 star service? This is zero star service. But for the price I paid for this room I didn't care.

Lobbo
07-30-15, 15:02
A bit disappointed with this hotel despite the positive reviews. There's a building being built (rebuilt?) at the entrance of the courtyard and noises can be heard from the hotel. I asked to be moved to a room overlooking the back side of the building but encountered a reluctant attitude. I stood my ground and achieved my goal, During my stay (6 days) the electricity went out twice in my room and twice in the whole hotel (no AC for hours) l. The rooms are rather comfy but the breakfast is quite monotonous. The staff were not very professional dealing with the electricity thing and all in all the hotel is worse than anticipated. You can use the pool at the S31 which I found rather convenient. No problem bringing guests to the room.

Syzygies
07-31-15, 08:21
I go often at MG and only once I detected some micro bugs in the sink..I last stayed about two years ago purely due to very close to Annies.

In general staff attitude is not very good. Breakfast was a very good standard for this price.

If can get it for 50 dollars, that is very good.

I have certainly stayed at much worse Hotels but there is little likelihood I would go back. Wrong area for me. I prefer a room with kitchenette also.

Ed Setra
07-31-15, 12:22
Any reviews / recon you kind sirs may have on on Phachara Suites would be greatly appreciated.I've stayed at the Phachara. Nice hotel, good clean, well appointed and spacious rooms and suites (depending on your pay-grade obviously). Breakfast passable. Bathroom, as is usual in a lot of places these days, is more design than function (looks good but water from bath / shower ends up on the floor instead of down the drain, etc). Good location close to Nana BTS and Nana pussy-arcade. Staff a bit prissy and did not budge on my argument with them about being charged 1000 Baht for bringing in more than one guest at a time. They had a small notice to this effect at reception, but I didn't see it on check in. Despite that, I would stay here again.

KiJang
07-31-15, 13:53
Modern, well appointed large suites and apartments. Very good quality bedding, microwave, induction hob, washer and dryer and fridge. Ironing board and iron, clothes hamper and clothes drying rack provided.

Bathroom in the studio suite is okay, but the one bedroom suite and above are better with separate walk in shower. Water pressure, temperature and lighting in bathroom is below average.

Both times I had good views from the window. Terrace garden view, serene, quiet.

Other guests. This is almost exclusively Arab families occupied. Rowdy kids, 20 suitcases and uncultured harem make common areas unappealing.

Girl friend check in. Unprofessional, not discreet. Dumb guard will make you fill in a small form at the lift lobby in front of other gawking guests. Not quick and discreet like most other places which at the most need only your signature and they fill in the rest.

Housekeeping is shoddy. Sheets not replaced even though I had not placed the card on the bed which is instruction not to change the sheets. Bathroom supplies never replenished and dishes (couple of forks and one plate) left in the sink were washed so badly that they were still greasy. I wanted to extend my stay but the agoda price was now 110 USD compared to 60 I paid earlier. So I moved to Dynasty Grande across the street which is old but spotless, spacious and so very bright.

Farcondee
07-31-15, 21:43
I'm going to Bangkok with a friend and we're staying at the usual 3-4 star hotels around nana / asok / cowboy area but our last 2 days we want to spend a little bit extra cash and just get the most luxurious hotel we can find. All we require is that it's girl friendly, 5 star and preferably in a skyscraper (we really want a great view of the city). The higher up the rooms are located the better. Price is not a issue. I know this might come off as a douchey rich boy post but it's really not. I've been saving and planning for a long time year to make this trip.

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?

Jgm005
07-31-15, 23:49
Sofitel Sukhumvit.

I'm going to Bangkok with a friend and we're staying at the usual 3-4 star hotels around nana / asok / cowboy area but our last 2 days we want to spend a little bit extra cash and just get the most luxurious hotel we can find. All we require is that it's girl friendly, 5 star and preferably in a skyscraper (we really want a great view of the city). The higher up the rooms are located the better. Price is not a issue. I know this might come off as a douchey rich boy post but it's really not. I've been saving and planning for a long time year to make this trip.

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?

Zauberfee
08-01-15, 05:57
Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?The water elements room at Sofitel So fit your criteria. And yes, it's very GF.

RacShack
08-01-15, 07:41
Sofitel Sukhumvit.Landmark by far, get a corner suite, excellent rooms.

Red Kilt
08-01-15, 08:38

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?You might want to try The Oriental down on the river, although it doesn't fit your criterion of being in a skyscraper. It's now called the Mandarin Oriental which, I believe, reduces its previous charm somewhat.

Regularly voted one of the best hotels in the world.

I stayed there one night 15 years ago (paid for by a rich friend) and it was unbelievably good, with exceptionally well-trained staff.

The other hotels along that stretch of the Chao Phrya are also very much high-end (eg Shangri-la), and some of them will give you the big views you want.

Scorchin
08-01-15, 10:09
Definitely not GF. But you might find a young rich divorcee in the Bamboo Bar.

Gus69
08-01-15, 12:51
The Peninsula is the one, they have some great package offers, I was a cheap Charlie and they only picked me up from the Airport in a S Class Merc, I should have had one of the Rolls Royces, or better still the Helicopter.

I took a lady from Country Roads back there with no problems at all, you may not find time to give a lady all the attention she needs as there is a TV at the end of the bath. .

Ed Setra
08-01-15, 13:23
Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Not a skyscraper but I've stayed at and can recommend the ShangriLa on the river. Rooms in the exclusive Krungthep Wing offer garden balconies overlooking a private pool and the Chao Phraya River. Close to BTS too.

Member #4698
08-01-15, 14:10
The Oriental and the Peninsula are both amazing hotels, but these hotels are better suited for a couple looking for true 5 star quality accommodations and who are interested in exploring the cultural places of interest in BKK. More suited to the interests of punters looking for a good time and wanting 5 star or at least 4. 5 star amenities would be the new St Regis Hotel, the Grand Hyatt, the Intercontinental and closer still to the action, the Sofitel Sukhumvit, and the Grande Centre Point T 21 (the grand suite). Personally I like the Fraser 1 bedroom Superior and Deluxe suites, and the Marriott Executive Apartment Hotels (both the Park (Soi 24) and / or Thonglor properties) I and 2 bedroom suites.

Oterri
08-04-15, 04:09
I like to stay near Asok metro and have stayed in Citrus Admiral Premier and Citadines. I was wondering what other hotels are equally good or even better in this area as compared to the ones I listed? Can you please recommend few?

Thanks in advance.

IllusionHeart
08-04-15, 17:17

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?+ 1 to Sofitel. Definitely the best Hotel on the strip IMO. Do book the Millesime club room and you will be assured of a higher floor with good view.

RockyBoy
08-04-15, 20:12
Hello guys,

I am planning to book for a holiday. Is this hotel Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, GF friendly? Kindly share your experience.

MaximusBibicus
08-04-15, 21:50

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?Banyan tree all the way, get their club room. Best service I've ever received at any hotel, I'm gold SPG, LE club accord etc and never received such hospitality.

Christian G
08-05-15, 12:51
Hello guys,

I am planning to book for a holiday. Is this hotel Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, GF friendly? Kindly share your experience.Is super GF, I have brought to the room 2 girls for 3 some without extra fee for the second joiner. The room are new, and clean, the place are quiet. Just the reception staff It is too apprehensive, 100 "sawadee khaaaaa" every day and always tried to sell you room upgrande, transfer, ecc. With this they are little be too insistent. Very good breakfast buffet.

VikPunter
08-08-15, 08:37
Stayed at Plaza Athenee, Sheraton Grande and Westin. Never had a problem with bringing back girls, even 2 girls didn't raise any eyebrowse.In respect to Plaza Athenee or generally other hotels, is it necessary to book for double occupancy to ensure hotel doesn't raise issues with bringing back girls?

FritsVanegter
08-08-15, 09:05
Hello,

This hotel is indeed GF but I also was offered an upgrade of my room. It almost feels like they get some kind of commission when you decide to upgrade.

I did upgrade the first time because I was expecting a friend to be with me for a few days. The rooms looks nice but I think the upgrade is not necessary unless you spend all day in your room. If you just return to change clothes during day time and sleep and have sex during night time why pay for 3 suuare meters extra.

The breakfast was just so so to me. I tried it 2 times but just go out for breakfast.

The staff is nice. One of the ladies is a bit bossy. Just tell her you have a wife at home who tries to dominate you and you don't need that from a lady who should be there to serve you (to a certain level).

Greetings, Frits.

PS probably will return there end this year.

LA Guy 5
08-08-15, 09:16
In respect to Plaza Athenee or generally other hotels, is it necessary to book for double occupancy to ensure hotel doesn't raise issues with bringing back girls?I always book a single room and never had a problem. But I know everyone there and also have Platinum SPG status so while I doubt anyone would have a problem in this regard, I can't say so definitively.

I should add though I did once have a conversation with the former lounge manager who told me the hotel did not have a problem with bringing girls back. I doubt that varies with whether the room is reserved for one or two (the only issue I suspect with that is whether you could bring the girl to the executive lounge or for the free breakfast (if you so qualify for such).

GDreams
08-08-15, 14:13
In respect to Plaza Athenee or generally other hotels, is it necessary to book for double occupancy to ensure hotel doesn't raise issues with bringing back girls?The cost is the same so book for two!

VikPunter
08-09-15, 06:16
The cost is the same so book for two!Thanks LA Guy and GDream. I checked and they said that they will charge the breakfast for the second person irrespective of whether the second person uses it or not which means 500 THB difference. I guess not a big deal but wanted to check.

Syzygies
08-09-15, 11:43
Thanks LA Guy and GDream. I checked and they said that they will charge the breakfast for the second person irrespective of whether the second person uses it or not which means 500 THB difference. I guess not a big deal but wanted to check.Most Hotels, the price for one person or two persons is not much different. Usually I am booking a double room and often don't even state how many persons. If asked I will state 2. Some sites are awkward and want the 2nd person to be named. In that case give a short nickname. Ha ha.

I am surprised if a Hotel wants 500 more for the 2nd person's breakfast, when book for two. That sounds like a pricey hotel.

Sunlover2
08-09-15, 13:02
The cost is the same so book for two!It normally costs no more to book the room for one or two guests, but booking for two serves little purpose. The issue is if you book for two that means two registered guests. A registered guest has independent access to the room, has hotel charging privilege, ect.

A joiner is just that; a temporary or non-registered visitor without registered guest privileges. Same theory applies for the gratis breakfast; the number you get is based on the number of registered room guests.

SunLover.

GDreams
08-09-15, 14:02
Thanks LA Guy and GDream. I checked and they said that they will charge the breakfast for the second person irrespective of whether the second person uses it or not which means 500 THB difference. I guess not a big deal but wanted to check.I have spent around 300 nights in SPG hotels and only once been charged more for second person when booking up front. I've done about 25 nights at PA and the breakfast included rate when booking on line has always been the same. However their default on the booking page is single occupancy and if I have booked for one person then try to add another some try and charge extra. Fortunately as a Plat I get free breakfast there but on my last stay I actually booked breakfast included so I could get a best rate guarantee which qualifies for a 20% discount and made it somewhat cheaper than the standard rate. As Bangkok has been slow over the past year I have received a BRG discount on every SPG booking I made. Best hotels to try this on are Royal Orchid Sheraton, W, Westin Grand Sukhumvit, Aloft and Plaza Athenee.

BadDances
08-10-15, 12:34

Anyone with any experience with a little bit more high end hotels like that? What hotels do you recommend? Are the staff still discreet in those places?I would suggest the Conrad Hilton. I stayed there last time I was in BKK and the hotel was amazing. One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It is right across the highway from Nana, next to the US Embassy (had a lovely view of that from my room), room service was great, everything was fantastic.

Syzygies
08-10-15, 13:04
A joiner is just that; a temporary or non-registered visitor without registered guest privileges. Same theory applies for the gratis breakfast; the number you get is based on the number of registered room guests.

SunLover.That is not always true. Some Hotels will give you breakfast coupons for two even if you check in without your second person. Some hotels do not have coupons, and I have certainly taken a girl to breakfast when I have always booked for two persons. Book and pay for two persons, Two for breakfast. Recent example was Grand Mercure Soi 19, last year. I am sure I did not register my Khmer girl, but she took breakfast with me. Excellent breakfast food too. The girl liked the Swimming pool a lot.

Arjun31
08-10-15, 17:07
Hi Guys,

Just wanted your advice regrding a hotel booking. Planning to book Novotel Siam or Gran Swiss. Both offer Executive rooms. What would you guys suggest. Not a huge price difference Novotel is on the higher side by 20%. But I was told it has a good club where one can pick up.

Please advice.

Later.

AR.

Allover
08-11-15, 06:22
Hi Guys,

Just wanted your advice regrding a hotel booking. Planning to book Novotel Siam or Gran Swiss. Both offer Executive rooms. What would you guys suggest. Not a huge price difference Novotel is on the higher side by 20%.

AR.I have never stayed at Grand Swiss but its location is far superior to Novotel imho. There are 2-3 FL discos on Soi 11 both of which are better than the Novotel club, massage parlors, and other sevices like banking, restaurants, grocery, Sky Train, etc. Not to mention Nana and Cowboy are much closer to Grand Swiss. I would go with Grand Swiss unless others here report the rooms are worn out.

Mumbai Guy
08-11-15, 08:13
Last month I stayed at Grand Swiss for four nights and was more than satisfied with the hotel. The location is very convenient as it is within walking distance from most of the popular mongering places. Rooms are nice (I stayed in the Grand premier room), The breakfast is good and if you book the Grand executive room there are more complimentaries such as drinks in the evening between 5 - 7. 30 PM. Overall I would say it is great value for money as the room charges are reasonable.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted your advice regrding a hotel booking. Planning to book Novotel Siam or Gran Swiss. Both offer Executive rooms. What would you guys suggest. Not a huge price difference Novotel is on the higher side by 20%. But I was told it has a good club where one can pick up.

Please advice.

Later.

AR.

Bkk212
08-11-15, 08:58
Just returned from a short stay in BKK, stayed at the Check Inn hotel on soi 13, nice place for a short stay.

Rooms are spacious and clean not too many frills at this hotel. Small pool and a small fitness room, but ok for a few days.

No issue with my guests but only had 1 not sure if there may be an issue with 2 guests.

It's a bit of a walk to Suk road but close enough that it's not a bother. Very close to the action and lots of activity around that area.

Sunlover2
08-11-15, 11:42
That is not always true. Some Hotels will give you breakfast coupons for two even if you check in without your second person. Some hotels do not have coupons, and I have certainly taken a girl to breakfast when I have always booked for two persons. Book and pay for two persons, Two for breakfast. Recent example was Grand Mercure Soi 19, last year. I am sure I did not register my Khmer girl, but she took breakfast with me. Excellent breakfast food too. The girl liked the Swimming pool a lot.With 100's of hotels in Bangkok there will always be individual cases. Perhaps I should have qualified my comments with typically to preempt the inevitable critique.

SL.

Arjun31
08-11-15, 20:02
Thank you Mumbai Guy and Allover for thr feedback. Grand Swiss it is. Please PM me if anything that I should not miss in the neighborhood.

Later.

AR.

Raju 1974
08-11-15, 21:06
How's the review about Hotel Nana, the oldest and located at the heart of action zone. I saw nobody recommending it.

I know it is bit old, but as the saying says 'old is gold'.

Sunlover2
08-11-15, 21:28
How's the review about Hotel Nana, the oldest and located at the heart of action zone. I saw nobody recommending it.

I know it is bit old, but as the saying says 'old is gold'.The Nana Hotel is a bit of a lighting rod on this message board. Positives are location, price, decent swimming pool, decent buffet breakfast. Negatives are it is well worn (60's vintage) for sure, has a fairly cranky staff, and some have reported seeing bugs about. If you are up for a down and dirty mongering location the place is OK. When in Rome be like a Roman so to speak.

You can always try it out and move in a couple of days if you don't like it.

SunLover.

MsTeeMonkey
08-13-15, 00:09
Hey all,

I'm planning my first trip to Thailand in January and I was thinking of getting a suite at the Sofitel So in Silom (I think that's the area it's in) The most interesting area to me is Soi Cowboy, but I'm a little worried that it would be hard to bring girls that far from Sukhumvit. Will it be hard to convince go go girls to go that far via taxi?

This may be a newbie question.

Yujin
08-13-15, 01:40
Hey all,

I'm planning my first trip to Thailand in January and I was thinking of getting a suite at the Sofitel So in Silom (I think that's the area it's in) The most interesting area to me is Soi Cowboy, but I'm a little worried that it would be hard to bring girls that far from Sukhumvit. Will it be hard to convince go go girls to go that far via taxi?

This may be a newbie question.There are two Sofitel in Bangkok. If you're interested in Soi Cowboy, the hotel that you want to stay at is the Sofitel Sukhumvit.

From the Sofitel Sukhumvit, Soi Cowboy is within easy walking distance for me, but any girl that you pick up at Soi Cowboy will most likely insist on a taxi or a tuk-tuk to go back with you to the hotel.

* Sofitel So Bangkok:

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-6835-sofitel-so-bangkok/index.shtml

** Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok (closest to Soi Cowboy):

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-5213-sofitel-bangkok-sukhumvit/index.shtml

GanjaBreed
08-14-15, 12:23
Couldn't get a booking at Phachara Suites on my dates. So, got a room at President Palace. Some good reviews on here about the place, so looking forward to a good stay. Do hope the hotel is up to par. Always found Soi 11 to be a fun place. One night after picking up some rollies at Villa, picked up a cutie from a 'legit' massage shop called Foot Joy. Mind blasting sex. But that was years ago. Will report back on the services and accommodations of PP after arrive on Sunday.

Happy mongering all!