PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Syzygies
08-15-15, 08:36
Hey all,

I'm planning my first trip to Thailand in January and I was thinking of getting a suite at the Sofitel So in Silom (I think that's the area it's in) The most interesting area to me is Soi Cowboy, but I'm a little worried that it would be hard to bring girls that far from Sukhumvit. Will it be hard to convince go go girls to go that far via taxi?

This may be a newbie question.Newbie questions are allowed. You could stay at Sofitel in Silom, but it could be an inconvient location. Phat Phong bars are generally not recommended.

The ideal location is close to intersection of Sukhumvit and Soi Asoke. Its close to Asoke BTS Station and Sukhumvit MRT station. Use MRT to get to Ratchada Soapies. I have even taken a motorcycle to get to closer Soapies like Amsterdam ir La Belle.

Close to Cowboy. Not far from Nana Plaza and Nana morning bars. Not far from Soi 11 early massage joints. Not far from Soi 22 to 26 Oily MPs.

Column hotel Soi 18 has spectacular views from Long Table bar. Grand Millenium is even closer to Cowboy, not that it matters that much. Many other good choices. I like Grand Mecure Soi 19. , and for good budget hotel the Mermaid is quite new and good value. For a posh hotel the Sheraton is close. A Sofitel is also close as someone else wrote.

Girls doing short time from bars do not like to waste time travelling long distances in traffic. Silom is a bit out of range if traffic is heavy.

Staying in Silom would be a mistake unless you have a very good reason. I did stay there recently but only because I was crazy about a girl living in Sathorn so was convenient for her.

Robin1980
08-16-15, 13:00
Hello all,

Sorry if it is newbie question, searched a lot but couldn't find a post suggesting Girl friendly hotels near Bang Na or BITEC.

First visit out there.

Tratnguyen1
08-17-15, 10:48
How's the review about Hotel Nana, the oldest and located at the heart of action zone. I saw nobody recommending it.

I know it is bit old, but as the saying says 'old is gold'.Hi,

I booked my Hotel Nana visit for the November,2015 Bangkok vacation. This will be my first time staying at Hotel Nana. I have stayed at Majestic Suite, Maxim's Inn and I check Inn Soi 11/1 in the previous trips to Bangkok. I used Expedia services to book the reservations. Of course, Hotel Nana is well known for its location at the heart of Sukhumvit entertainment district and a value at $41 USD per night including breakfast for two and a G. F. Hotel. I will have an up dated report on this Hotel Nana later.

Markly2
08-17-15, 13:33
Newbie questions are allowed. You could stay at Sofitel in Silom, but it could be an inconvient location. Phat Phong bars are generally not recommended.

The ideal location is close to intersection of Sukhumvit and Soi Asoke. Its close to Asoke BTS Station and Sukhumvit MRT station. Use MRT to get to Ratchada Soapies. I have even taken a motorcycle to get to closer Soapies like Amsterdam ir La Belle.

Close to Cowboy. Not far from Nana Plaza and Nana morning bars. Not far from Soi 11 early massage joints. Not far from Soi 22 to 26 Oily MPs.

Column hotel Soi 18 has spectacular views from Long Table bar. Grand Millenium is even closer to Cowboy, not that it matters that much. Many other good choices. I like Grand Mecure Soi 19. , and for good budget hotel the Mermaid is quite new and good value. For a posh hotel the Sheraton is close. A Sofitel is also close as someone else wrote.

Girls doing short time from bars do not like to waste time travelling long distances in traffic. Silom is a bit out of range if traffic is heavy.

Staying in Silom would be a mistake unless you have a very good reason. I did stay there recently but only because I was crazy about a girl living in Sathorn so was convenient for her.The Grand Millenium has changed its name to Pullman Bangkok Grande.

Hotman 666
08-17-15, 19:49
Hello all,

Sorry if it is newbie question, searched a lot but couldn't find a post suggesting Girl friendly hotels near Bang Na or BITEC.

First visit out there.I have never stayed in Bang Na but I expect that, like virtualy all hotels in Thailand it will be joiner friendly. But why stay in Bang Na? If you are attending an exhibition at BITEC then it is only 20/25 minutes by taxi from a MUCH more interesting area to stay!

Syzygies
08-18-15, 04:55
Hello all,

First visit out there.You can stay at Bang Na but I would not. Stay close to BTS and use BTS to get to Bang Na and motorcycle or walk to attend BITEC in Bang Na not far. You will have a much better time staying close to the mongering action and less concern about being seen by colleagues if any. Don't use a taxi in rush hour like other writer suggests. You could end up in bad traffic jam. I am sceptical about 25 mins from upper Sukhumvit unless its 2 am. Could be bery slow in rush hour.

I once stayed very cheaply near Punnawithi BTS for 2 or 3 weeks at less tham 1 k per day but was too far to take girls for ST unless lives near On Nut.

I make assumprion that you might want to play up every day and not just once per week.

Globoid
08-18-15, 08:25
You can stay at Bang Na but I would not. Stay close to BTS and use BTS to get to Bang Na and motorcycle or walk to attend BITEC in Bang Na not far. You will have a much better time staying close to the mongering action and less concern about being seen by colleagues if any. Don't use a taxi in rush hour like other writer suggests. You could end up in bad traffic jam. I am sceptical about 25 mins from upper Sukhumvit unless its 2 am. Could be bery slow in rush hour.

I once stayed very cheaply near Punnawithi BTS for 2 or 3 weeks at less tham 1 k per day but was too far to take girls for ST unless lives near On Nut.

I make assumprion that you might want to play up every day and not just once per week.Totally agree. My first trips to BKK changed my view about where to stay. I began in Bang Na, because it was close to the factories and work related activities. But so far from all the rest. There is some activities in Bang Naa but not as good as in Sukh. So I changes my mind and moved from Bang Na and now stay in Soi 18-22. That give me easy access to highway / expressway. And the fun stuff.

But the downside is the traffic situation. But then again you have to make a priority.

Zauberfee
08-22-15, 12:31
Novotel Bang Na is dfinately GF, most other hotels in that area too.

Lot's of nice club and nightlife venues at Bang Na Trat Road and Srinakarin Road. But these are no places for farang, so you better speak thai if you want to get a girl there.

If you are indeed a first timer I'd rather stay at lower Sukhumvit area.

Globoid
08-22-15, 16:18
Novotel Bang Na is dfinately GF, most other hotels in that area too.

Lot's of nice club and nightlife venues at Bang Na Trat Road and Srinakarin Road. But these are no places for farang, so you better speak thai if you want to get a girl there.

If you are indeed a first timer I'd rather stay at lower Sukhumvit area.Yes Novotel Bang Na is GF hotel. In house massage can be booked to the room. Some of the girls provide "full service" as well.

Dg8787
09-08-15, 19:12
FYI.

I got an email from Amari. They have discounted 30% off rooms.

Book by September 30,2015.

Stays thru November 30,2015.

Use promo code. 30 PctOff.

With discount, regular rooms $45 a night without breakfast.

With discount, regular rooms $53 a night with breakfast.

Banana Boi
09-08-15, 22:52
I looked at this hotel before and read a couple of reviews saying there is a 1000 baht joiner fee. Is this because they booked the room for 1 person and not for 2 people?

If no joiner fee this seems like a great deal located close to NEP.

Bungaro
09-08-15, 23:35
Has anyone tried bringing 2 girls to Hotel Mermaid? I tried emailing the hotel, but am getting a somewhat confusing response. It seems they charge 750 bt for "an extra bed" for a third guest. I am not sure why they do not understand that I do not need an extra bed!

Dg8787
09-09-15, 00:45
I looked at this hotel before and read a couple of reviews saying there is a 1000 baht joiner fee. Is this because they booked the room for 1 person and not for 2 people?

If no joiner fee this seems like a great deal located close to NEP.I have stay there twice and booked for two. The only "scrimage" line is the man at the elevator. He only checks the ID's and writes it down and I can't remember if they hold the girls I'd or not. They do call you when the girl leaves. I don't know how he would know if you booked for one or two.

I get to know the "man" that evening before I go out by saying Hello, and how are you and have never had a problem. I palm him 50 baht.

There is no extra charge for booking for 2 and I think their website default booking is for 2. I usually book the room with breakfast as they do have an extensive buffet with unlimited coffee. Also if I have a girl stay thru morning they generally love the breakfast.

The location is good, across the street from Food Land and coming out of the hotel to your right is a small laundry place. Further down is a number of massage places.

Member #4698
09-09-15, 00:52
http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/guest-friendly-hotel-bangkok/

Bungaro
09-09-15, 01:37
Hello,

I generally like to stay in the Asoke area. I have previously stayed at Dream and The Fusion Suites, but I would like to try somewhere new. Any thoughts on The Mermaid versus FuramaXclusive Asoke? I am reading good things about Mermaid, but have seen mixed reviews on Furama.

I am open to other suggestions in a similar price range (1500-2000 bt / night). Important factors include good WiFi, comfy beds, no or reasonable fees for 2nd joiners, proximity to sky train and subway, etc.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

AfAsia
09-09-15, 06:26
Unconfirmed. From month end the Nana changes hands to a farang, the old man is retiring. I was told by the cashier room rates to rise up to 300 be per day.

I can confirm the closure of Golden Bar which is very sad news for those of us who enjoy a few beers and watch the world go by. All bar staff are laid off come month end, some staff have already found jobs elsewhere while the rest are undecided as to their future, obviously a stressful time for them.

The bar and restaurant area I believe is yet to be decided upon, Coffee shop or as some were telling me, Hard Rock cafe? The restaurant area is to move up one floor, don't take my word for it though.

Robert Long
09-09-15, 07:00
Has anyone tried bringing 2 girls to Hotel Mermaid? I tried emailing the hotel, but am getting a somewhat confusing response. It seems they charge 750 bt for "an extra bed" for a third guest. I am not sure why they do not understand that I do not need an extra bed!I've stayed a couple of time at the Mermaid. It's ok and they are nice people. Of course they think that you are asking because of a child. An extra bed or rollaway. If you stay there just walk in with the girls. If anything the doorman will check their ID's. The girl at the desk never looks up.

RL.

Syzygies
09-09-15, 11:08
Hello,

I generally like to stay in the Asoke area. I have previously stayed at Dream and The Fusion Suites, but I would like to try somewhere new. Any thoughts on The Mermaid versus FuramaXclusive Asoke? I am reading good things about Mermaid, but have seen mixed reviews on Furama.

I am open to other suggestions in a similar price range (1500-2000 bt / night). Important factors include good WiFi, comfy beds, no or reasonable fees for 2nd joiners, proximity to sky train and subway, etc.

Any recommendations are appreciated.I have stayed at both. I was very impressed by Mermaid and its newer. Furama Fx is okay but rooms a little bit on the small side, for a basic room. Driveway on soi Asoke is a bit inconvenient. Traffic problems.

Furama is closer to MRT and slightly closer to Asoke BTS than Mermaid buts its not a big difference. I think Mermaid is almost the best budget hotel in the area. have a look at website pics of room and bathroom. You will see its not cramped and simple but quality.

http://www.hotelmermaidbangkok.com/rooms.php

I only took one girl to my room at a time, but don't recall dealing with reception at all. I assume you only take 2 girls for ST and not staying till morning and for breakfast, so I don't think it should be a big problem, but one cannot be sure.

5 minute walk to Soi Cowboy. Not too far to walk to massage joints in Soi 22 to 26 or Soi 33.
Its perfectly placed right in the middle.

I have taken two girls or even three one time to Admiral Premier for ST without problems. These days two girls would normally be at ST Hotel Asoke Place which will charge about 450 Baht.

Saim88
09-09-15, 14:48
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.

Sunlover2
09-09-15, 16:02
Unconfirmed. From month end the Nana changes hands to a farang, the old man is retiring. I was told by the cashier room rates to rise up to 300 be per day.

I can confirm the closure of Golden Bar which is very sad news for those of us who enjoy a few beers and watch the world go by. All bar staff are laid off come month end, some staff have already found jobs elsewhere while the rest are undecided as to their future, obviously a stressful time for them.

The bar and restaurant area I believe is yet to be decided upon, Coffee shop or as some were telling me, Hard Rock cafe? The restaurant area is to move up one floor, don't take my word for it though.Logically this makes some sense.

The rooms rates at the Nana Hotel are fixed throughout the year. No high-low seasonal pricing. So they were a relative bargain in the high season, and better VFM could be had in the low season.

The Golden Bar is prime Soi 4 real estate and the restaurant is under-utilized. I think it is currently open for breakfast only. Bust through the wall create a larger space, and move the hotel restaurant up to the second floor banquet room area which is also under-utilized.

For those wanting to maintain the vintage time warp Nana area hotel experience it might be time to consider the Woraburi Sukhumvit further down Soi 4.

SunLover.

Fooolishman
09-09-15, 17:37

The bar and restaurant area I believe is yet to be decided upon, Coffee shop or as some were telling me, Hard Rock cafe? The restaurant area is to move up one floor, don't take my word for it though.Have been staying at the Nana each trip for more than 25 years. Booked room in October. Will I run into a lot of construction? Always enjoyed this old hotel.

Thanks,

FM

AfAsia
09-10-15, 02:17
Have been staying at the Nana each trip for more than 25 years. Booked room in October. Will I run into a lot of construction? Always enjoyed this old hotel.

Thanks,

FMYou might get by with not much happening initially, don't hold me to that. Best contact the hotel.

AfAsia
09-10-15, 02:31
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.I presume this is your first trip. You are unlikely to get any hotel in the immediate vicinity for anything less than 1500 baht per day. A lot of hotel to hotel walking is required, your best bet is off the tourist areas in what I call 'the real Bangkok', amoungst the local Thais. I took a walk to Chinatown recently, you will get cheap rates there, you going to need transport to Nana area though.

Bungaro
09-10-15, 05:40
I have stayed at both. I was very impressed by Mermaid and its newer. Furama Fx is okay but rooms a little bit on the small side, for a basic room. Driveway on soi Asoke is a bit inconvenient. Traffic problems.

Furama is closer to MRT and slightly closer to Asoke BTS than Mermaid buts its not a big difference. I think Mermaid is almost the best budget hotel in the area. have a look at website pics of room and bathroom. You will see its not cramped and simple but quality.

http://www.hotelmermaidbangkok.com/rooms.php

I only took one girl to my room at a time, but don't recall dealing with reception at all. I assume you only take 2 girls for ST and not staying till morning and for breakfast, so I don't think it should be a big problem, but one cannot be sure.

5 minute walk to Soi Cowboy. Not too far to walk to massage joints in Soi 22 to 26 or Soi 33.
Its perfectly placed right in the middle.

I have taken two girls or even three one time to Admiral Premier for ST without problems. These days two girls would normally be at ST Hotel Asoke Place which will charge about 450 Baht.Thank you for the great info. I will give it a try.

Syzygies, you are full of valuable experience and an asset to the forum.

BionicMan
09-10-15, 06:16
I presume this is your first trip. You are unlikely to get any hotel in the immediate vicinity for anything less than 1500 baht per day. A lot of hotel to hotel walking is required, your best bet is off the tourist areas in what I call 'the real Bangkok', amoungst the local Thais. I took a walk to Chinatown recently, you will get cheap rates there, you going to need transport to Nana area though.And that transport from and back the hotel will cost, each day, probably the price difference.

Not to mention the inconvenience in the logistic. Not many girls will be willing to go elsewhere for the working are for a ST.

Each one his own, but if 500 baht a day are a deal breaker, wondering what is the expectation of this guy to spend on girls.

Syzygies
09-10-15, 08:30
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.I would suggest Studio Sukhumvit 18 by iCheck Inn at around 1000 Baht, although it is not exactly right at Nana. 10 to 15 minutes walk.

To be closer, there is Unico Express Sukhumvit Soi 1 (I believe) even cheaper. I have never tried either Hotel. Also there is "alt hotel nana".
Ever Rich and Sam's Lodge may be over 1K. You can search yourself on internet.

Not sure why you need to be close to Nana at such a low price.

Better go Phnom Penh instead.

Scorchin
09-10-15, 08:44
I would suggest Studio Sukhumvit 18 by iCheck Inn at around 1000 Baht, although it is not exactly right at Nana. 10 to 15 minutes walk.

To be closer, there is Unico Express Sukhumvit Soi 1 (I believe) even cheaper. I have never tried either Hotel. Also there is "alt hotel nana".
Ever Rich and Sam's Lodge may be over 1K. You can search yourself on internet.

Not sure why you need to be close to Nana at such a low price.

Better go Phnom Penh instead.I can understand guys have low budgets but to me it seems incredible to want to find a doss house for a holiday. Better to save another £500 and enjoy a holiday. On one occasion I stayed at the Rose Hotel for a night and was woken six times during the night by FLs wanting to join me. Not worth it.

Christian G
09-10-15, 10:07
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.Less than 1. 000 b near Nana Plaza? I know only these http://staywithorchid.com/ but I never tried.
I think that Heaven@4 in soi 4 have a 990b walking price....

Paolo99
09-10-15, 10:34
There is also the royal Express Inn in Soi 8 , right down to bts Nana exit 4 and just in front of Bamboo massage. It's usually 1000 b / night but if you tell him you'll stay 2 nights he'll make it for 900 b / night.

Sunlover2
09-10-15, 12:39
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.Mustn't let others discourage you. I believe the Atlas Hotel and World Inn at the Suk 7/1 vicinity are around that price point. Don't expect much though as they mainly cater to short stay guests.

SL.

BadDances
09-15-15, 05:57
Oasis has replaced the lodge but the thing about the lodge that I found interesting is that it had girls on premise. Is there a hotel near that area that still offers the same kind of amenities?

Yujin
09-15-15, 20:47
Hey guys,

I wondering if any one can suggest a hotel near Nana plaza which is less than 1000 baht, thanks happy mongering.The Woraburi Hotel is way down Sukhumvit Soi 4, but it's offering a limited time promotion of 999 bahts for a standard "room only" (no breakfast). I don't know if this includes any service taxes or fees.

http://www.woraburi.com/woraburisukhumvit/#page_info.

Their website says it's only a "5 minutes walk to BTS Nana station", but that's if you walk (run) like Usain Bolt. They do offer tuk tuk service, but it's only one-way so the walk back can be long in hot humid and / or rainy weather.

The standard room is very basic so if you don't expect much, you won't be disappointed.

Mumbai Guy
09-16-15, 17:23
Recently stayed for five nights at Grand Swiss on Sukhumvit-11. This was my second stay at the hotel. Stayed in Grand premier room. Nice comfortable modern room, friendly staff and great location coupled with reasonable rates. Soi 11 is a great location as all action stations are within easy walking distance. Their breakfast is also good. This hotel has become my favourite.

Scorchin
09-16-15, 17:28
Oasis has replaced the lodge but the thing about the lodge that I found interesting is that it had girls on premise. Is there a hotel near that area that still offers the same kind of amenities?Oh I wish there was. But I have yet to find it.

The Lodge was great, although the 'bar fine' was high the girls were great and performance always great. The Oasis is a disaster.

But then so is Soi 33 - once the up-market bar scene - now a shadow of its former self. Sic transit gloria....

Eric Swiss
09-17-15, 10:28
I am going to start exploring the escort world. What I have in mind is 2 hours from 10 am to 12 noon on a weekday.

Is there any hotel that would do that? Preferably a nice one near Nana or Ploenchit.

The ideal would be something like the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I don't know if 5-star hotels like this force you to book a room for the full 24 hours.

Mumbai Guy
09-17-15, 19:08
I am going to start exploring the escort world. What I have in mind is 2 hours from 10 am to 12 noon on a weekday.

Is there any hotel that would do that? Preferably a nice one near Nana or Ploenchit.

The ideal would be something like the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I don't know if 5-star hotels like this force you to book a room for the full 24 hours.JW Marriott is certainly not a hotel that gives out rooms for short time. You will be required to book at least for a day's stay. Wonder why you don't want to avail the services of an escort in the hotel where you stay.

Wolvenvacht
09-17-15, 21:15

The ideal would be something like the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I don't know if 5-star hotels like this force you to book a room for the full 24 hours.

All "normal" hotels will ask you to pay the "1 night" price. But there are enough other hotels near Nana that offer hourly rates and most girls will know where to go, unless you really wish to explore the top-class escorts who only know the inside of the royal suites of 5 star hotels. :) (or so I have been told)

Sunlover2
09-17-15, 22:14

The ideal would be something like the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I don't know if 5-star hotels like this force you to book a room for the full 24 hours.I can understand not wanting to take a higher end escort to a short stay hotel. You might even have a hard time getting her to agree to meeting you at one as she might believe you lack funds.

The JW Marriott might offer day rooms no harm in emailing them and asking. Just tell them you have a long layover between flights. The tariff will likely be half the nightly rate though so you are looking in the 3,000 be range.

In your target area try looking at the Aspen Suites on Suk soi 2 or the Majestic Suites on Suk between soi 4 and soi 6. Nice enough places, and even the nightly rate should only be about 1,500 be. Book it for a night and get a 2 pm checkout the next day and you should be golden.

SL.

Syzygies
09-18-15, 10:44

The ideal would be something like the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I don't know if 5-star hotels like this force you to book a room for the full 24 hours.I agree with others. It makes no sense to ask an escort to come to a low class flop house (ST Hotel). I use ST Hotels regularly for bargirls near to the bar, but not for very special occasions / girls. I had a favourite girl lived just south of Silom and wanted to see her for a couple of hours on multiple mornings, as though she was a private escort semi-gik sort of thing (I paid her sort of so much per visit untimed). So I booked a medium class Hotel, not too expensive, for multiple days, even though I wasn't sleeping there at night. Location chosen also so that no one who knows her would be likely to see us.

Alternative is to go and actually stay in a Hotel for several days, pretending to have gone elsewhere if need be. That is my usual approach. Mermaid Hotel, as example, is new modern classy, but not that expensive. Does not have to be in JW Marriott class.

Maybe there are some reasonable class ST Hotels around. The Strand in Silom is just passable (for ST only), with no windows and very noisy at night. ST rooms in Nana Plaza are absolute shit. I use instead a small Hotel in a nearby small Soi, forget the actual name. Rooms are tiny small but better quality than Nana Plaza. ST rooms near Soi Cowboy are a standard just a bit too low for an Escort in my opinion.

Escorts are typically doing Outcall to your home Apartment or Hotel. Not meet somewhere, and then go to ST Hotel.

One day saw an absolute stunner dressed very sexy on the street (maybe came off BTS). Wanted to see where she worked. Walked straight into the Westin Hotel. Probably was an escort booking.

Eric Swiss
09-19-15, 10:52
JW Marriott is certainly not a hotel that gives out rooms for short time. You will be required to book at least for a day's stay. Wonder why you don't want to avail the services of an escort in the hotel where you stay.Because I live in BKK full-time and I do not want to lose face in front of my building staff by bringing in this kind of girls. In the words of Stickman:

The real problem with taking a Thai hooker back to your condo is the staff in the building. From the security guard to reception to the maids, everyone will soon be aware of your misadventures. One person sees and soon everyone knows. The average Thai has a mouth like a radio station. In their eyes you have taken a low-class hooker back to the place you live, something no Thai man would do, something they can't reconcile.

It's not that you'll be labelled as someone who uses hookers. Not crime in the eyes of the average Thais. It's that you'll be labelled as someone who lacks discretion and who doesn't value face or reputation. Which the average Thai would find unfathomable!

Eric Swiss
09-19-15, 11:34
The JW Marriott might offer day rooms no harm in emailing them and asking. Just tell them you have a long layover between flights. The tariff will likely be half the nightly rate though so you are looking in the 3,000 be range.Thank you for suggesting the "long layover between flights" storyline.

I thought I would pretend to arrange a discreet business meeting to head-hunt top talent from a competing firm. But in hindsight that might have been too convoluted.

Syzygies
09-19-15, 15:11
Because I live in BKK full-time and I do not want to lose face in front of my building staff by bringing in this kind of girls. In the words of Stickman:

The real problem with taking a Thai hooker back to your condo is the staff in the building. From the security guard to reception to the maids, everyone will soon be aware of your misadventures. One person sees and soon everyone knows. The average Thai has a mouth like a radio station. In their eyes you have taken a low-class hooker back to the place you live, something no Thai man would do, something they can't reconcile.

It's not that you'll be labelled as someone who uses hookers. Not crime in the eyes of the average Thais. It's that you'll be labelled as someone who lacks discretion and who doesn't value face or reputation. Which the average Thai would find unfathomable!Of course you cannot monger where you live. I never take hookers home in Thailand. Going to a Thai girls apartment is pretty weird too. You will get seen. Most places have guards watching what is going on. The walk of pride is best confined to Hotels.

I doubt JW Marriott is going to offer a half day. I would suggest take a full day at a reasonable priced Hotel. There is little reason to get a 5 star Hotel to use for 2 hours, however you can come close significantly cheaper than Marriott I am sure. You could get a very good 4 star Hotel for under 3000 Baht.

Brandt
09-20-15, 02:20
The Hilton website is the only one of the major chains which allows online bookings for day use (9 am-6 pm) - no need to come up with a convoluted scenario over the phone.

The rates are rather high (less than half the flexible rate), and are 'semi-flex', bookings can be canceled up to the day before the stay.

The Conrad near Ploenchit starts around THB3000++, and the Hilton on Suk 24 at 2900++. If you need to be discreet, the Conrad is a good choice as you can walk in from the All Seasons Place mall directly to the elevators, in a rather dark lobby. The Hilton has very nice rooms with a Japanese-style bathroom (shower area is the whole glassed-in area where the tub sits), but the smaller size and lobby layout will make your activities obvious. I prefer both of their basic rooms to the JW's.

Shan1
09-22-15, 10:45
I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.

SirWilliam4
09-22-15, 18:39
Have you even begun to read this forum? You might try that before asking such an obvious question. Then you might get a more cooperative response.

SW4.

I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.

Scorchin
09-22-15, 19:09
I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.You might be forgiven for saying that you have read this thread at length, had identified one, two, three hotels or more hotels that you liked the sound of and then asked for specific advice on one of them. That is the way to approach members. Next you will be asking which of nnie's girls to choose, or which bar to go to.

FYI I am a great fan of the Majestic Grande on Soi 2. It is GF; it is open to negotiation on room rates and it is well run.

Wolvenvacht
09-22-15, 19:24
I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.All your posts (with perhaps one exception) are asking, begging or requesting for information. Suppose we'd all do that? There are hundreds of posts discussing hotels in this forum. Please read them and then after having stayed at your hotel, post a report here so we all know whether it was good or not.

Syzygies
09-23-15, 04:51
I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.When you are so lazy with specifying what you are looking for more precisely, it doesn't motivate people to put in the effort to answer.

Dg8787
09-23-15, 05:15
I am coming to Bangkok for the first time for a 3 days stay. Friends kindly suggest some good hotels with all the services available. Want to get relaxed and explore beauty of Thailand. Please help.I don't know why they can't just help you. You said the Magic word. Please!

Go to agoda.com. Search Bangkok hotels. Be sure to check all services in the search.

Eric Swiss
09-23-15, 12:48
The Hilton website is the only one of the major chains which allows online bookings for day use (9 am-6 pm) - no need to come up with a convoluted scenario over the phone.

The rates are rather high (less than half the flexible rate), and are 'semi-flex', bookings can be canceled up to the day before the stay.

The Conrad near Ploenchit starts around THB3000++, and the Hilton on Suk 24 at 2900++. If you need to be discreet, the Conrad is a good choice as you can walk in from the All Seasons Place mall directly to the elevators, in a rather dark lobby. The Hilton has very nice rooms with a Japanese-style bathroom (shower area is the whole glassed-in area where the tub sits), but the smaller size and lobby layout will make your activities obvious. I prefer both of their basic rooms to the JW's.Thanks for the suggestions. I might try the Hilton when I come back. The fact that day use is authorized is appealing.

AsianVid
10-04-15, 18:32
Bangkok Grand Mercure Asoke residence is a nice place to stay. About 400 meters from Terminal 21 so close to BTS and MRT. Big rooms with separate living room and bedroom. Nice balcony and swimming pool / sauna on top of the roof with nice views of the area.

https://youtu.be/6D9_KlwqlKE

Globoid
10-04-15, 23:54
Bangkok Grand Mercure Asoke residence is a nice place to stay. About 400 meters from Terminal 21 so close to BTS and MRT. Big rooms with separate living room and bedroom. Nice balcony and swimming pool / sauna on top of the roof with nice views of the area.

https://youtu.be/6D9_KlwqlKEHotel in Soi 18, like Maitria hotel are also a good choice in the area. Great rooms, small hotel with rooftop swimmingpool. Quiet and very close to any action, like Soi Cowboy, Darling and Asoke.

Ohh, and I always use Agoda.com

Solley11
10-11-15, 16:50
I will be in BKK for a week later this month. Last time I stayed at JW Marriott next to Nana. I loved the JW but I heard that area may be bit of a turn off for nice girls. I have lined up a couple of nice girls that I met on Thai Cupid. Maybe I am overthinking this but a change in venue is always nice anyways.

I am using Marriott points so my other two options are Marriott Renaissance near Chit Lom station or Bangkok Marriott near Thong Lo Station.

Anyone with any insight as to which of these two locations would be better for your basic single male traveler to operate from, would be greatly appreciated.

Syzygies
10-12-15, 09:33
I will be in BKK for a week later this month. Last time I stayed at JW Marriott next to Nana. I loved the JW but I heard that area may be bit of a turn off for nice girls. I have lined up a couple of nice girls that I met on Thai Cupid. Maybe I am overthinking this but a change in venue is always nice anyways.

I am using Marriott points so my other two options are Marriott Renaissance near Chit Lom station or Bangkok Marriott near Thong Lo Station.

Anyone with any insight as to which of these two locations would be better for your basic single male traveler to operate from, would be greatly appreciated.Both are a little bit far from Nana. Chitlom Hotel is only 1. 5 km walk to Nana but much further to Phrom Phong massage places, so depends what you like. Getting there by taxi is quite difficult due to traffic, one-way, and turn restrictions. Ask Google Maps for car directions from Renaissance to Nana Plaza and you might see what I mean. To avoid taxi problems, walk from Hotel and cross Sukhumvit road at Ploenchit BTS and take taxi from there to go to Sukhumvit just after Soi 3. Taxi cannot right turn into Soi 4. Cross the road yourself is easier. Or Taxi can detoir slightly through Bamrungrad Hospital to enable entering Soi 4 from Soi 3.

Even though its further away from Nana, personally I would stay in Thonglor, as closer to Phrom Phong massage places. When traffic is bad, rather than taxi, can use BTS or motorcycle for very short distances. Girls maybe more happy to go to your Hotel if in Thonglor, as slightly easier to get back to the bar from there. Late at night won't be such a traffic jam, most likely.

Of course I have no clue where your Cupid Thai girls live but they will probably use BTS so either location is okay.

Of course normally I don't stay in a Marriott at all. I like Column Hotel Soi 16, Grand Mercure Soi 19, and for budget price the Mermaid Soi 29? When the other two have no specials.

Syzygies
10-12-15, 09:40

Anyone with any insight as to which of these two locations would be better for your basic single male traveler to operate from, would be greatly appreciated.Both are a little bit far from Nana. Chitlom Hotel is only 1. 5 km walk to Nana but much further to Phrom Phong massage places, so depends what you like. Getting there by taxi is quite difficult due to traffic, one-way, and turn restrictions. Ask Google Maps for car directions from Renaissance to Nana Plaza and you might see what I mean. To avoid taxi problems, walk from Hotel and cross Sukhumvit road at Chitlom BTS and take taxi from there to go to Sukhumvit just after Soi 3. Taxi cannot right turn into Soi 4. Cross the road yourself is easier. Or Taxi can detoir slightly through Bamrungrad Hospital to enable entering Soi 4 from Soi 3. Here is trick route for taxi from Rennaisance to Nana Plaza. Involves a narrow alley but I have used it to get to Dynasty Grand Hotel in Soi 4.

https://goo.gl/maps/ufx8k1tHPM72

Even though its further away from Nana, personally I would stay in Thonglor, as closer to Phrom Phong massage places. When traffic is bad, rather than taxi, can use BTS or motorcycle for very short distances. Girls maybe more happy to go to your Hotel if in Thonglor, as slightly easier to get back to the bar from there. Late at night won't be such a traffic jam, most likely.

Of course I have no clue where your Cupid Thai girls live but they will probably use BTS so either location is okay.

Of course normally I don't stay in a Marriott at all. I like Column Hotel Soi 16, Grand Mercure Soi 19, and for budget price the Mermaid Soi 29? When the other two have no specials.

Scorchin
10-12-15, 11:13
Over many years I have stayed at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2. Maybe it is a little faded but the rooms are conmfortable, it is GF, it is near Nana, Annies, many side steet bars, MPs, and a gentle walk to Soi Cwboy. Or use the Skytrain. I find spending large sums of money for a room which one only uses for half the day (and most of that time one is asleep) wastes moneyy spent on fun.

OK it may sound good to stay in a big name international hotel and if you want that try the Oriental (Not GF) or the Peninsular (way out of the way).

Alex Dee
10-12-15, 11:35
I can highly recommend this hotel for it being GF friendly and central to most locations. I always stay here when in BKK, great rooms, relaxed atmosphere, great location and its not expensive. Best deals to found are on agoda.

Member #4351
10-12-15, 14:13
I just stayed for over a week at the Marriott Sukhumvit 57. My situation was exactly the same as yours although I paid cash instead of using my MR points. The sky train station is a quick walk from the hotel. To Nana costs 25 baht and takes about ten minutes. I strongly recommend this hotel. Great service and excellent breakfast buffett.

Wolvenvacht
10-12-15, 18:41
I can highly recommend this hotel for it being GF friendly and central to most locations. I always stay here when in BKK, great rooms, relaxed atmosphere, great location and its not expensive. Best deals to found are on agoda.Watch out with the deals at Agoda and read the fine print. Many prices quoted by them do NOT include service tax and other sundry charges. It easily makes a 17% difference in Thailand.

booking.com on the other hand includes all taxes.

And you know what the funny part is? Both Booking and Agoda are owned by the same group!

Banana Boi
10-12-15, 19:11
I try to use hotels.com where possible. If you sign up for their Rewards program you basically get 10% off on all bookings (1 night free after 10 nights). Some Thailand hotels discussed on here are not on hotels.com but always worth the look.

I don't believe Agoda or bookings has Reward programs. LMK if I'm wrong.

Solley11
10-12-15, 19:54
Thank you both for the Hotel location information, I sought out. Much appreciated. Bangkok Marriott near Thong Lor it is!

Britisher
10-12-15, 22:07
I have been staying in Omni Towers since the 90's. Last visit was in October'14.

I was reading in trip advisor that it is infested with cockroaches everywhere. That sounds very creepy. When I was last there a year ago, I found it below average but livable. I did not see any cockroaches. I did not see any problems with AC or robberies etc or problems with front desk!

I simply love its location and I simply love its open mindness regarding bringing in hookers. Sometimes even 3 hookers a day! No one raises a eyebrow!

Can someone advise me. What's the latest situation with this hotel?

Also, any other hotel in similar location or even a apartment? I am flexible budget wise. But I need no problems bringing in scantily clad chicas. If the hotel has a good gym (bar bell / squat rack etc). Its a plus.

Please advise.

Sunlover2
10-12-15, 22:16
BKK hotels are relatively inexpensive. IMO save your points for a more expensive destination.

SunLover.

Breadman
10-12-15, 22:27
BKK hotels are relatively inexpensive. IMO save your points for a more expensive destination.

SunLover.Same goes for the websites like points hound and rocketmiles that give you airmile bonus's for booking hotels thru their websites. I'm a big airmile guy but either the hotels are double the price via agoda or are out of the way. Bangkok is a hot and humid city, pick a hotel based on its location to the BTS. You don't want to be walking for ten minutes just to reach Sukhumvit.

Banana Boi
10-13-15, 00:14

SunLover.If your comment was referring to my post I'm not talking about using points for hotels, rather gaining points. If you stay 30 nights in Thailand you will get the next 3 nights free. Since hotels.com's prices will be the same as Agoda 90+% of the time, you may as well get 3 nights free, even if Thailand hotel prices are low.

Breadman
10-13-15, 00:47
If your comment was referring to my post I'm not talking about using points for hotels, rather gaining points. If you stay 30 nights in Thailand you will get the next 3 nights free. Since hotels.com's prices will be the same as Agoda 90+% of the time, you may as well get 3 nights free, even if Thailand hotel prices are low.I checked hotels.com for my hotel in Bangkok (Pharacha suites). I paid roughly $18 less per night using agoda. Ten nights booked thru hotels.com would have overcharged me close to $200. Nothing is free in this world, not even in Thailand. Its the same deal using the point websites, you have to cross check all the prices they are throwing at you. I don't mind overpaying a few bucks on a hotel if its going to give me a couple thousand airmiles. Having to book ten nights at $10 more per night to get a free night at a $60 hotel makes little sense.

Banana Boi
10-13-15, 01:01
I just randomly looked up Phachara Suites Sukhumvit and a deluxe studio suite with breakfast from Nov. 26-29 is $62 on Amoma, $63 on Agoda, $67 on hotels, and $67 on Priceline.

Baracuda24
10-13-15, 08:23

Anyone with any insight as to which of these two locations would be better for your basic single male traveler to operate from, would be greatly appreciated.I know all three hotels in your post well. First up I would say whatever you feel you may loose in the impression stakes by staying close to Nana at JW you will gain back it being a more upmarket hotel than the other two. Even to an untrained eye there is a discernible difference in opulence and so on. Also IMO you get relatively few punters stay there. Yes quite a lot of Japanese / Korean guys but not so many Western guys. For example I can't recall ever seeing a punter with his obvious game in the Club Lounge. In The Renaissance I have for sure. IMO JW has overwhelmingly the feel of an upmarket tourist / biz hotel.

Other poster is spot on about location. I have walked from Renaissance to Nana but from Marriott Thong Lor its too far. Both very handy for Sky Train stops though. I do not.

Have deep expertise on surrounding areas but Renaissance much more convenient for malls. You can easily walk to three good malls and they are accessible on sky walks so much better than street level. Marriott is in a very local area and surrounded by small Thai shops and eating places.

Marriott is much newer and a far chicer hotel IMHO. Light, breezy and bit minamilst. Probably a younger set stay there. There is a swanky bar on the roof top so I think this brings in non-resident business. The Renaissance is more classic, darker and tad more formal. And not sure anyone goes there unless they are staying. Really I don't think you can go wrong at either. But if it was me and the issue was to impress then I would stay at JW, Marriott and Renaissance in that order but like I say I don't think the choice will make or break this!

Breadman
10-13-15, 17:56
I just randomly looked up Phachara Suites Sukhumvit and a deluxe studio suite with breakfast from Nov. 26-29 is $62 on Amoma, $63 on Agoda, $67 on hotels, and $67 on Priceline.I paid $64 total per night using agoda, hotels wanted $82. Some websites add on the tax, others make you go to the end of the booking to see the total. Did you take the quote to the last page before booking or just skim through the price on the first screen?

SuperMarckus
10-14-15, 02:29
Hi guys,

Planning a trip next Sept (I know, a long way off). I have the worst luck with hotel rooms; I always end up next to the bins or with a view of a brick wall. Is there any way of making sure I get a room with a view / on a high floor? Agoda etc don't seem to have any way of specifying this and I know from experience hotels can be very inflexible if you try to change rooms once you're booked in. I like to pick up ladies in daylight hours; feels less frenetic in the day and they look better in natural light I think. So I'm often pissed off when the room I'm given doesn't have any! Apologies if something like this has been discussed before; couldn't find it.

Thank you!

Syzygies
10-14-15, 04:50
Hi guys,

Planning a trip next Sept (I know, a long way off). I have the worst luck with hotel rooms; I always end up next to the bins or with a view of a brick wall. Is there any way of making sure I get a room with a view / on a high floor? Agoda etc don't seem to have any way of specifying this and I know from experience hotels can be very inflexible if you try to change rooms once you're booked in. I like to pick up ladies in daylight hours; feels less frenetic in the day and they look better in natural light I think. So I'm often pissed off when the room I'm given doesn't have any! Apologies if something like this has been discussed before; couldn't find it.

Thank you!For views, Column Hotel is magnificent.

BionicMan
10-14-15, 07:12
Hi guys,

Planning a trip next Sept (I know, a long way off). I have the worst luck with hotel rooms;

Thank you!You should not select the chespest room and You have good chances to have a better view. Put a note al "high floor" and that might help too.

Globoid
10-14-15, 11:52
I always use Agoda, also for a trip to Koh Chang this weekend. I have Agoda App on my iPhone that works perfect for me. I can send remarks about room, view, early arrival and so on. I also contact the hotel directly by email and repeat my wishes. Beside that I am a man of habbits so I always choose my regular hotels where they know me. That gives me the best service. Always. Thats make me a happy man.

Hi guys,

Thank you!

SuperMarckus
10-14-15, 13:45
I always use Agoda, also for a trip to Koh Chang this weekend. I have Agoda App on my iPhone that works perfect for me. I can send remarks about room, view, early arrival and so on. I also contact the hotel directly by email and repeat my wishes. Beside that I am a man of habbits so I always choose my regular hotels where they know me. That gives me the best service. Always. Thats make me a happy man.Thanks for this. I don't go often enough to be a regular but I can see the value of emailing the hotel ahead of time. Syzygies, the Column looks awesome. There's so many hotels to choose from you get bleary eyed with it after a while, but this looks like a winner.

Thanks!

Blanquiceleste
10-14-15, 14:18
Hi guys,

Planning a trip next Sept (I know, a long way off). I have the worst luck with hotel rooms; I always end up next to the bins or with a view of a brick wall. Is there any way of making sure I get a room with a view / on a high floor? Agoda etc don't seem to have any way of specifying this and I know from experience hotels can be very inflexible if you try to change rooms once you're booked in. IMHO simplest thing to do is invest some time in making calls to a few hotels that you shortlist based on other criteria like location, location, location.

Most 4-star and above hotels in BKK have good views from the higher floors. Some hotels in BKK do not have smoking rooms on higher floors or may have Club floors that are horribly expensive. Once you have zeroed in on lets say 5 hotels, call each one and ask the reservation staff about natural lighting, views, balconies, access to elevators, restaurants, in-house pubs and whatever else that may be important to you.

I have found this method very effective. A bit time consuming as you may have to repeat yourself very slowly to the reservation staff who may not understand English very well. An option is to email them. They all reply and their written English is fairly decent.

Christian G
10-15-15, 00:55
Stop over in BKK and looking for a cheap hotel next to Nana BTS Station. I took Royal Express Inn in soi 8 Sukhumvit, just 1 min walk from BTS. Room are small and dirty, wifi work ok, and a / see is strong. No noisy from the bars but some noisy from the customer go up and down on the stairs. You can find some street worker (girls and LBs) live her LOL. Price 1. 100 b a night without breakfast.

Bad choice for hotel but I don't need too much for 12 hrs in bkk, just a shower and bed where I can sleep few hours and got some short time.

Manfield04
10-15-15, 19:34
Phachara Suites.

Stayed at Phachara Suites last month. Needless to say, it is girl friendly. Warm welcome from staff. Booked a Double Deluxe Studio at THB 2,325 ($65.50) per night, breakfast included. I was given a studio on 17th floor. It was very large with fridge, microwave, washing machine etc.

Easy to bring ladies although have to walked through the lobby / reception.

Breakfast was very good but still be improved.

It was my 4th trip to Bangkok and the 5th hotel I stayed there. I think I will stay at Phachara Suites again during my next trip.

Britisher
10-16-15, 04:46
Can anyone compare for me.

Hotels.

Phachara Suites & Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit 22).

A) quality of internet.

B) hot water in shower?

C) walk of shame. I heard in holiday Inn one can go straight to the room as the reception is on 11th floor?

D) I know Phachara suites is very close to Soi Nana // how long a walk or how much in taxi from holiday inn to Soi Nana?

Some reviews for Phachara suites are very good and some equally bad. So confused.

Gin And Tonic
10-24-15, 11:41
Does someone have a recommendation for a short time hotel near Suk Soi8? I want it for an outcall massage from a lady in one of the shops there.

Nabuchodonosor
11-01-15, 14:35
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to go to Bangkok in the next few months and I had one or two questions, if you don't mind answering a newbie.

I had originally planned to stay at the intercontinental, but I read on this same forum the sanding of this hotel wasn't as good as in years past.

Price is not a problem. I'm looking to splurge myself with the best and while for a girl friendly hotel with the best amenities and services, what would you advise me?

Keep in mind I had originally planned to book an escort for several days, but I guess some hotels have bars with girls waiting for mongers like me.

Taking into account my desire for the most luxurious hotel (not caring about prices) and girlfriendly and / or high standing bar girls already available inside, where would you advise me to go?

FYI: I have read a lot of posts in this threads and others but some suggestions are quite old and I know things change real quIck over there. I wondered if, maybe, the community could help me out!

Abb8912
11-01-15, 14:54
Just back from this hotel, highly recommended. Previously was Grand Millennium hotel, and now changed to Pullman Grande Sukhumvit.

1) great location. Near bts and mrt, soi cowboy and many massage shops if you are using the hotel back door to soi 23.

2) great service from staff.

3) strong wifi.

4) 100% girl friendly.

Ard 3200 b / night for deluxe premium room.

BKKguru
11-02-15, 04:05
Hi everyone!
I'm planning to go to Bangkok in the next few months and I had one or two questions, if you don't mind answering a newbie.
I had originally planned to stay at the intercontinental, but I read on this same forum the sanding of this hotel wasn't as good as in years past.

Price is not a problem. I'm looking to splurge myself with the best andIf "price is not a problem", then you have so many choices. I suggest:

A) JW Marriott on Soi 2 - I have never stayed at this Hotel but others say "you are paying for the massive lobby". Location is excellent: 5 minute walk to Nana Plaza.

B) The Landmark - This Hotel faces Sukhumvit. The location is A+. It is considered a "luxury" Hotel but cheaper than the JW Marriott. 5 minute (or less) walk to Nana Plaza.

~BKKguru.

Red Kilt
11-02-15, 04:09
If "price is not a problem", then you have so many choices.

B) The Landmark - This Hotel faces Sukhumvit. The location is A+. It is considered a "luxury" Hotel but cheaper than the JW Marriott. 5 minute (or less) walk to Nana Plaza.
I always stay at Landmark.

Excellent position with easy access to the key sois. Comfortable rooms; good showers. Also a good range of restaurants in the property if you are averse to eating on the streets.

Nevertheless, I always find time for a few dishes from the roadside places along Suk.

Randy Murican
11-02-15, 04:18
For newer hotels in the heart of the action I would recommend:

1) Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 http://www.grandecentrepointterminal21.com/.

2) Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-5213-sofitel-bangkok-sukhumvit/index.shtml.

LA Guy 5
11-02-15, 04:35
Hi everyone!

Price is not a problem. I'm looking to splurge myself with the best and while for a girl friendly hotel with the best amenities and services, what would you advise me?

Keep in mind I had originally planned to book an escort for several days, but I guess some hotels have bars with girls waiting for mongers like me.

Taking into account my desire for the most luxurious hotel (not caring about prices) and girlfriendly and / or high standing bar girls already available inside, where would you advise me to go?

FYI: I have read a lot of posts in this threads and others but some suggestions are quite old and I know things change real quIck over there. I wondered if, maybe, the community could help me out!It is a bit difficult to recommend the "most luxurious hotel" particularly given few of us here would have stayed at all the candidate hotels. There is also the issue of location given many of the luxury hotels are on the River, far from the action.

Having said that, the Grand Hyatt Erawan would be a candidate. It is relatively close to the center of the sex scene (although not on top of it) and does have a bar with working girls, at least the last I heard. It might be the place for you, although if one tried hard enough one might be able to identify a more luxurious hotel in Bangkok. But like most, if not all, Grand Hyatts, the one in Bangkok is up there.

Banana Boi
11-02-15, 05:54
Taking into account my desire for the most luxurious hotel (not caring about prices) and girlfriendly and / or high standing bar girls already available inside, where would you advise me to go?http://www.bangkok.com/luxury-hotels.htm

The Siam looks nice. The 1400 sq ft Villa Room is 27,000 baht per night, depending on your dates.

Scorchin
11-02-15, 08:18
http://www.bangkok.com/luxury-hotels.htm

The Siam looks nice. The 1400 sq ft Villa Room is 27,000 baht per night, depending on your dates.For those who like to get away to a top quality non-glitzy hotel- The Manadrin Orientall in the Writers' wing.

For glizy modern. The Peninsula.

In my viw they are both strrets above the competition. Having stayed in both (No, I was not paying; my company had high standards) - and having stayed (or visited) some of the other in the so-called top.

Ten.

Nabuchodonosor
11-02-15, 12:23
It is a bit difficult to recommend the "most luxurious hotel" particularly given few of us here would have stayed at all the candidate hotels. There is also the issue of location given many of the luxury hotels are on the River, far from the action.

Having said that, the Grand Hyatt Erawan would be a candidate. It is relatively close to the center of the sex scene (although not on top of it) and does have a bar with working girls, at least the last I heard. It might be the place for you, although if one tried hard enough one might be able to identify a more luxurious hotel in Bangkok. But like most, if not all, Grand Hyatts, the one in Bangkok is up there.I will check on it right away.

As for working girls at the bar, it's perfect, would you have, by any chance, an opinion as to their hotness?

Nabuchodonosor
11-02-15, 12:41
For newer hotels in the heart of the action I would recommend:

1) Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 http://www.grandecentrepointterminal21.com/.

2) Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-5213-sofitel-bangkok-sukhumvit/index.shtml.The Sofitel looks quite nice, actually.

Anybody knows if they are working girls at the bar? (yeah, I might ask for a lot, but I guess I want to have lazy vacations and still spend them with style.

Matt Navan Man
11-02-15, 17:18
Just back from this hotel, highly recommended. Previously was Grand Millennium hotel, and now changed to Pullman Grande Sukhumvit.

1) great location. Near bts and mrt, soi cowboy and many massage shops if you are using the hotel back door to soi 23.

2) great service from staff.

3) strong wifi.

4) 100% girl friendly.

Ard 3200 b / night for deluxe premium room.Are you sure about the 3,200 baht per night. That's about $90 per night but for that room next weekend the cheapest I find is $165 per night. I don't mind paying a late booking premium but nearly double seems excessive.

Oosik
11-02-15, 18:20
the cheapest I find is $165 per night.Try Agoda, Hotels.com or Booking.com: They have that room for $135 including the fee and taxes. Still not $90, but it splits the difference.

Jgm005
11-02-15, 19:22
Sofitel is very nice and where I stay when I am down into BKK from Issan Land. I can not answer your question about working girls at the bar from personal experience but the eye candy is there. Or you could walk out the front door, hang a left, walk 10 m and you will find a bunch of working girls congregating at night.

The Sofitel looks quite nice, actually.

Anybody knows if they are working girls at the bar? (yeah, I might ask for a lot, but I guess I want to have lazy vacations and still spend them with style.

Nabuchodonosor
11-03-15, 12:23
Sofitel is very nice and where I stay when I am down into BKK from Issan Land. I can not answer your question about working girls at the bar from personal experience but the eye candy is there. Or you could walk out the front door, hang a left, walk 10 m and you will find a bunch of working girls congregating at night.Thanks for the info!

The pictures the hotel provides on its webpage look enticing. As for finding working girls outside, I'm sure it's quite simple. Experience compounds that a bit though. Girls on the street are usually several grades below average or they would be working directly inside known places. Their mastery of the english langage is also rudimentary and and I would also prefer to be able to entertain even a shadow of a conversation.

Usually, bar girls are hotter and if one does speak to several, it's easier to find a working girl to have a basic conversation with.

Nabuchodonosor
11-03-15, 12:50
Another suggestion made to me was to go to Airbnb to find beautiful apartments. Which seems to be a damn find idea as there is, theoretically, no reception. Nonetheless, nearly every apartments or houses I could find specifically forbad any further guest.

Did some of you put airbnb to the test when going mongering in BKK?

Would someone know of beautiful places where bringing a guest wouldn't be forbidden?

Abb8912
11-03-15, 13:28
Are you sure about the 3,200 baht per night. That's about $90 per night but for that room next weekend the cheapest I find is $165 per night. I don't mind paying a late booking premium but nearly double seems excessive.Yes. I joined the Accor membership from the hotel web for free, then log in and booked the room direct from the hotel's website, but I booked it 3 weeks before arrival.

Tptp76
11-03-15, 19:51
Another suggestion made to me was to go to Airbnb to find beautiful apartments. Which seems to be a damn find idea as there is, theoretically, no reception. Nonetheless, nearly every apartments or houses I could find specifically forbad any further guest.

Did some of you put airbnb to the test when going mongering in BKK?

Would someone know of beautiful places where bringing a guest wouldn't be forbidden?Not sure what area you are looking in. I have stayed in airbnb apartments for the last few trips, all in Lower Sukh and I had no issues in any place. Just send them an email and check before you book that its ok to bring guests. Foreigners renting apartments in Lower Sukh are usually doing it for one and one reason only :)

LA Guy 5
11-03-15, 23:41
I will check on it right away.

As for working girls at the bar, it's perfect, would you have, by any chance, an opinion as to their hotness?Sorry, I can't really help you on that (maybe others here can). Although I once had one of the managers (who I knew from his time working at another Bangkok hotel) show me around the hotel, including the lounge, some rooms, and so forth, I have not stayed at the Grand Hyatt owing to the number of good cheaper alternatives in Bangkok, for example some of the better Starwood properties. I also have not spent any time in the bar (at least I don't remember doing so although it is possible I did years ago) and my information about the bar therefore is based on word of mouth.

Hopefully, someone else here will be able to tell you more about the bar and the girls there.

LA Guy 5
11-04-15, 00:52
I just saw this on youtube. Video of Spasso at the Grand Hyatt albeit three years ago (things sometimes change and I have no new information about the bar). A lot of farangs with Thai girls, and at least one comment under the video to the effect there were girls for hire. However, as is often the case at the high-end bars, the girls want high-end prices, but often the prices are not justified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzJLjRHGLfY

Hope this helps at least a little.

Britisher
11-05-15, 02:25
I am also looking for Air BNB near Soi Nana.

Anyone has any recommendations?

Prefer high end with no problems with guests.

ShiftTab
11-05-15, 03:07
Hi everyone,

I'm considering going to Bangkok in January to get out of the cold, and heard from a friend of a friend that the Thong Lo area is a nice area to stay. I heard it had a lot of Japanese expats and restaurants, so I don't know if that's good or bad.

If anyone can recommend a decent hotel that's girl friendly, and not too expensive, I would be grateful. My budget is around $80 per night.

Thanks.

TimTimGuy
11-05-15, 04:58
I just saw this on youtube. Video of Spasso at the Grand Hyatt albeit three years ago (things sometimes change and I have no new information about the bar). A lot of farangs with Thai girls, and at least one comment under the video to the effect there were girls for hire. However, as is often the case at the high-end bars, the girls want high-end prices, but often the prices are not justified. Hope this helps at least a little.Some things never change. For example, white guys can't dance sober. And Thailand + bars + girls = pick-up possibilities. Spasso and its predecessors in Grand Hyatt have always offered possibilities. Long ago, I used to stay there.

Pelon74
11-05-15, 05:47
Can anyone recommend a GF hotel with a a decent lap size swimming pool and a decent gym?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.

Devinn38
11-05-15, 06:41
Can anyone recommend a GF hotel with a a decent lap size swimming pool and a decent gym?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.Try the Sukhumvit Hilton or the sister property, The Doubletree. Guests can use either facility. Stayed at the Hilton this summer and found both pools and gyms to be very good.

JasonL76
11-11-15, 19:55
Hello,

I'm going on a business trip with colleagues in early Jan to BKK for the first time. For several reasons I need to be somewhat discrete with my activities. I'm looking for a GF friendly hotel where escorts can go straight to the room without having to bother with the reception or me coming to get them in the lobby. Is that possible? Preferably in the Sukhumvit area.

Thanks in advance.

BR.

Jason

Yujin
11-12-15, 03:23

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.Member "Cucumber" posted a brief review (#5064) on the lap pool at the Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel. There's no mention of the gym, but it does have a "fitness center" per their website. If it has a 25-meter pool, it should have a pretty decent gym.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1029-Bangkok-Hotels&p=1691752&highlight=sofitel#post1691752.

JjBee62
11-12-15, 04:10
Hello,

I'm going on a business trip with colleagues in early Jan to BKK for the first time. For several reasons I need to be somewhat discrete with my activities. I'm looking for a GF friendly hotel where escorts can go straight to the room without having to bother with the reception or me coming to get them in the lobby. Is that possible? Preferably in the Sukhumvit area.

Thanks in advance.

BR.

JasonI don't know if any hotel that is suitable for a business trip with colleagues would allow this. It's a security issue to just let any non-guests to have unrestricted, unmonitered access to the hotel. And all your discretion doesn't do any good when your room is next door to a colleagues room and he listens to you bouncing the headboard off the wall, or happens to step out of his room just as your escort is coming or going.

There are many different options that don't require bringing anyone to your hotel.

Assuming your colleagues are normal, at least one of them is trying to figure out the same thing. Maybe some discreet inquiries might get you a wingman, or someone who will cover for you, because you are covering for them.

Tptp76
11-12-15, 09:03
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

BR.

JasonSince its your first time, what you may not realise is that there are many 'short time' hotels you could take a girl to and do what you need to do. That could easliy avoid you the risk of being spotted with a girl by your colleagues. The girls will be able to take you to one if you ask her. I have been asked about it by the girls before. I haven't used one myself, as I bring them back to my room, but from what I have read here, they arent too nice but might just do the job.

Rambhai
11-12-15, 09:37
Can anyone compare for me.

Hotels.

Phachara Suites & Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit 22).

A) quality of internet.

B) hot water in shower?

C) walk of shame. I heard in holiday Inn one can go straight to the room as the reception is on 11th floor?

D) I know Phachara suites is very close to Soi Nana // how long a walk or how much in taxi from holiday inn to Soi Nana?

Some reviews for Phachara suites are very good and some equally bad. So confused.Guys,

Almost every hotel in BKK allow guests. I have stayed in continental and holiday inn and holiday inn express, each time, I have walked in straight to room with girl in arm.

Christian G
11-12-15, 10:57
Hello, I'm going on a business trip with colleagues in early Jan to BKK for the first time. For several reasons I need to be somewhat discrete with my activities. I'm looking for a GF friendly hotel where escorts can go straight to the room without having to bother with the reception or me coming to get them in the lobby. Is that possible? Preferably in the Sukhumvit area.
Thanks in advance. BR. Jason3 years ago I stayed at Grand President Hotel, tower 3 in Sukhumvit Soi 11. In tower 3 no reception, just a bell boy's desk. He should have check ID card of the girls and and register them, but when I call girl in my room he never bothered to stop them or call me in the room for let me know that my girl is coming, always let the girl come up without any question.

For me this wasnt so good, but maybe for you work well or maybe now they have a bell boy that make a good work and check all the girls, I don't know. Probably the short time hotel is a best solution for you, but I never use it.

JasonL76
11-13-15, 01:15
I don't know if any hotel that is suitable for a business trip with colleagues would allow this. It's a security issue to just let any non-guests to have unrestricted, unmonitered access to the hotel. And all your discretion doesn't do any good when your room is next door to a colleagues room and he listens to you bouncing the headboard off the wall, or happens to step out of his room just as your escort is coming or going.

There are many different options that don't require bringing anyone to your hotel.

Assuming your colleagues are normal, at least one of them is trying to figure out the same thing. Maybe some discreet inquiries might get you a wingman, or someone who will cover for you, because you are covering for them.Thanks for the input from you and the other posters here. Sadly, the wingman strategy is not an option. The hassle of picking up a girl from the street / bar and bring to a ST hotel is something I'd rather skip, I have somewhat of a limited time window for meeting girls during this trip. The sounds from my room I think I'll be able to control, and the risk of someone seeing a girl knocking on my door is a risk I'm willing to take. But if there is no hotels where you can discretely call in an escort from a reputable agency I'l see what I can do.

Thanks!

BR.

Jason

Member #4698
11-13-15, 13:32
Jason, your best bet is go to a massage parlor. BKK has many good ones. Sessions run from 60 to 120 minutes, you will sex with some nice girls, no muss no fuss, and in and out. The problem you will encounter with bringing an escort girl clandestinely up to your hotel room is most 4* & 5* BKK hotels require a room key to access the elevators which will require YOU to come down to the lobby to bring your girl up to your room. This is a short exposure period, but it may be more risky than you are comfortable with. The only work around I can think of is to tip one of the desk clerks or concierges before hand to key your girl into the elevator for you when she arrives or for you to book a nearby less expensive second hotel specifically designed for your trysts.

Traveler1234
11-13-15, 15:44

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.Excellent lap pool and GF but pricey: Oriental Residence, next to USA embassy. Water is cold as 90% of pool shaded from sun.

Second choice is Centrepoint Grande Ratchadamri but shorter in length and gets 24/7 sun -- little too warm for me. Also extremely GF.

Simian
11-13-15, 16:58
Jason, your best bet is go to a massage parlor. BKK has many good ones. Sessions run from 60 to 120 minutes, you will sex with some nice girls, no muss no fuss, and in and out. The problem you will encounter with bringing an escort girl clandestinely up to your hotel room is most 4* & 5* BKK hotels require a room key to access the elevators which will require YOU to come down to the lobby to bring your girl up to your room. This is a short exposure period, but it may be more risky than you are comfortable with. The only work around I can think of is to tip one of the desk clerks or concierges before hand to key your girl into the elevator for you when she arrives or for you to book a nearby less expensive second hotel specifically designed for your trysts.I could not agree more with Natty. With even the better freelancer you can always have problems. Some want to hit and run and not provide a good service, some want to stay all night and some will rip you off when you sleep. You may even find out that the lady in question was born a man! I don't know how many times I have had to go out to get another lady because of problems with the first. With massage places it is safe, no bother and you can always say to your colleagues that you went to get a massage. There are even places that look legit on the outside and even do provide legit massage. And the odds of your colleagues finding you are slimmer than them catching a provider coming in and out of your room or you having to walk her to your room etc.

Kimi1
11-13-15, 17:55
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

BR.

JasonAt four points Sheraton (soi 15) and S31 hotel (soi 31) - both hotels I recommend; the front desk will call that my guest or my massage has arrived. I tell them that I am taking a shower and please send her upstairs. The hotel staff usually accompany the girl to the room. I tip the guy 100 bhat and next time he asks if he should just bring the girl upstairs.

ITC9091
11-15-15, 17:00
Hello Partylovers:

I am going to be in Bangkok for the first, just for a night and want to have time of the life in very short 6 hours. For that purpose, which hotel should I pick? I am looking at hitting to Nana's Plaza, Annie's Soppy Bar (all thanks to Google) and wondering which hotel should I pick for overnight? Grand Hyatt seems closeby but not sure if they allow the guest? Any other suggestions (4* but 5* prefer category). I want to stay closeby to the action / happening places as I have heard that traffic is not your friend if you are in Bangkok just for a night!

Also, any good suggestion for Soppy Purlour?

Thanks.

BTW. Planning in February / March next year.

Christian G
11-15-15, 19:20
I am going to be in Bangkok for the first, just for a night and want to have time of the life in very short 6 hours. For that purpose, which hotel should I pick? I am looking at hitting to Nana's Plaza, Annie's Soppy Bar (all thanks to Google) and wondering which hotel should I pick for overnight? Grand Hyatt seems closeby but not sure if they allow the guest? Any other suggestions (4* but 5* prefer category). I want to stay closeby to the action / happening places as I have heard that traffic is not your friend if you are in Bangkok just for a night!If you want stay in Nana, you could look this one http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/

Wolvenvacht
11-15-15, 19:41
Hello Partylovers:

I am going to be in Bangkok for the first, just for a night and want to have time of the life in very short 6 hours. For that purpose, which hotel should I pick? I am looking at hitting to Nana's Plaza, Annie's Soppy Bar (all thanks to Google) and wondering which hotel should I pick for overnight? Grand Hyatt seems closeby but not sure if they allow the guest? Any other suggestions (4* but 5* prefer category). I want to stay closeby to the action / happening places as I have heard that traffic is not your friend if you are in Bangkok just for a night!

Thanks.

BTW. Planning in February / March next year.Only 6 hours? Hardly any need to get yourself a hotel. You can always use a short time hotel, that will cost you a few hundred baht only for up to 4 hours.

ITC9091
11-15-15, 19:47
If you want stay in Nana, you could look this one http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/Thanks,

I assume the area is nice given Grand Hyatt and some other 5* hotels are there. OR would yoy suggest any other area to stay and take a cab?

Also, would you mind suggesting best GOGO bar and BEST Soppy Massage parlor in Bangkok?

ITC9091
11-15-15, 21:05
Only 6 hours? Hardly any need to get yourself a hotel. You can always use a short time hotel, that will cost you a few hundred baht only for up to 4 hours.Sorry, I mean to say 6 HR for fun and 8 HR for sleep (fun in between, may be at at at) . So, need a hotel.

Allover
11-16-15, 06:04
Hello Partylovers:

I am going to be in Bangkok for the first, just for a night and want to have time of the life in very short 6 hours. For that purpose, which hotel should I pick? I am looking at hitting to Nana's Plaza, Annie's Soppy Bar (all thanks to Google) and wondering which hotel should I pick for overnight? Grand Hyatt seems closeby but not sure if they allow the guest? Any other suggestions (4* but 5* prefer category). I want to stay closeby to the action / happening places as I have heard that traffic is not your friend if you are in Bangkok just for a night!As mentioned earlier the Landmark is a good choice. Easy walk to Nana and the BTS. You could also look at Sofitel, JW Marriott, Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, and Grand CenterPoint Terminal 21 which are also good choices with excellent locations for Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, and the Ratchada high end soapies. La Belle, Amsterdam, and Poseidon are a few high end soapies in the area but some here may have other favorites.

Keep in mind that Nana and Soi Cowboy are one stop apart on the BTS (monorail type train). You can walk between the two in 20 minutes. The Ratchada soapies are easily accessible on the MRT subway system which you can catch at Soi Cowboy. In your situation I would stay at the Westin or get an upgraded room at Grand Centrepoint Terminal 21. Those hotels are two minutes walk from Soi Cowboy, the BTS, and MRT. You would not need to use taxis once you arrive at the hotel.

Wolvenvacht
11-16-15, 07:43
Sorry, I mean to say 6 HR for fun and 8 HR for sleep (fun in between, may be at at at) . So, need a hotel.Last three times I stayed at the Citypoint Hotel. 100 m from BTS Asok (1 stop to Nana) and MRT Sukhumvit station and 5 minutes walking to Soi Cowboy. Totally GF and very quiet and discrete. http://citypointhotel.com/ You will find a good room for about 2000 baht per night.

You ask for the "best" agogo club. That is a more difficult question. I like Suzi Wong in Soi Cowboy a lot. Most of the dancers wear nothing but some straps and stockings. Very sexy! As from 10PM they have good shows too. Their "lesbian show" is one of the better in Bangkok.

You have all kind of ladies at Suzi Wong: from young to mature, from skinny to curvy, from short to long, with shaved, trimmed or bushy pussy, natural breasts or enhanced, long hair or short hair. I have never been disappointed there. Never got a starfish in my bed and a few times I got a really hot tigress. Most of the time I got very good GFE service from them.

If you offer them a ladydrink, they will sit with you and allow your hands to sample their bodies. The music is not too loud so it is possible to talk to them.

If you do not have much time to spend, Suzi Wong is very likely to suit you well.

Christian G
11-16-15, 09:32
I assume the area is nice given Grand Hyatt and some other 5* hotels are there. OR would yoy suggest any other area to stay and take a cab?The area isn't nice, is just perfect for mongering LOL. I always stay in Nana and move around with BTS and MRT, avoid taxi if you don't want lose too much time in the traffic.

Britisher
11-17-15, 07:05
Can any gentleman here compare for me the pros and cons of these two hotels.

They are priced the same but I am not sure which one to chose.

For me the important factors are.

A) Noise free (especially noise of neighbors and hotel staff not so much street noise).

B) 10000% girl friendly.

C) very well equipped gym.

D) extremely close to soi nana.

E) 65 80 usd / night.

Majestic Grande Hotel, Sukhimvit soi 2 / AND / Phachara Suites, Sukhimvit Soi 6.

Can someone please advise.

Many thanks.

ChoduMadan
11-18-15, 12:12
Have been to Phachara Suites is really good and friendly in all ways, no problem taking guests is quiet and clean.

A) Noise free (especially noise of neighbors and hotel staff not so much street noise).

B) 10000% girl friendly.

E) 65 80 usd / night.

Majestic Grande Hotel, Sukhimvit soi 2 / AND / Phachara Suites, Sukhimvit Soi 6.

Many thanks.

Heatssss522
11-18-15, 15:56

B) 10000% girl friendly.

E) 65 80 usd / night.

Many thanks.Hi,

Phachara suites is really good and value for money. Stayed there many times. One bedroom executive hot deal is good choice for 80 usd.

Breadman
11-18-15, 16:39
Hi,

Phachara suites is really good and value for money. Stayed there many times. One bedroom executive hot deal is good choice for 80 usd.Looking at their website I like all of their rooms 'except' the studio executive. Hate having the bed in the middle of the floor, makes the room feel much smaller.

Lefeu
11-19-15, 06:46
Looking at their website I like all of their rooms 'except' the studio executive. Hate having the bed in the middle of the floor, makes the room feel much smaller.I also stayed at the Majestic Grande several times and I like it. Nice rooms, clean, gym, and very close to Nana. Girl friendly of course.

The cons: they made me pay in advance and it was non-refundable, also I was not too impressed with their breakfast.

Maila
11-29-15, 08:14
Hi,

I will be in Bangkok from Dec 27 - Dec 31 and am looking to book a hotel. Thus far, I've reserved On8. I was using Booking.com and it gave me two options - 1 person and 2 person max (rate difference of $10). Does this affect joiners or joiner fees?

Also, while I have booked On8, it is a cancellable reservation, so I am still looking at other options. On8 seems a bit afar from Soi Cowboy. Availability is an issue around those dates as well as prices. I saw Booking had availability at reasonable prices for Tins of Blue Hotel and Twin Peaks Residence (which is listed as an aparthotel). I didn't have any luck finding any hits for these properties on this site. Any knowledge of these?

I also looked at CityPoint, but Booking.com doesn't have cancellable reservations for it, so I didn't go for that.

I wasn't sure how far girls would go if I wanted to take them to my hotel, so I was wondering if I should get something farther from Nana and preferably somewhere in the middle. I don't want to stay in very low-end place (I'm on a month-long trip, so probably not going to do 4* in peak season either).

Any advice will be appreciated. I will make sure I review the hotel later.

Thanks!

Syzygies
11-29-15, 10:48
Hello Partylovers:

Thanks.

BTW. Planning in February / March next year.You must be very confused if wanting 5 stars for such a short time. Personally I have other priorities. Each to their own I guess. You should be somewhere really posh for girls as well, not Annies, I think.

LA Guy 5
11-29-15, 11:06
You must be very confused if wanting 5 stars for such a short time. Personally I have other priorities. Each to their own I guess. You should be somewhere really posh for girls as well, not Annies, I think.I think we all can understand that you and many others have other priorities. But he "must be very confused" because he would like a five- star (actually a four or five star) hotel for a night? C'mon. And a double C'mon in Bangkok where it is often possible to stay at a five-star hotel for much less than in most other cities.

Syzygies
11-29-15, 11:12
Hi,

I will be in Bangkok from Dec 27 - Dec 31 and am looking to book a hotel. Thus far, I've reserved On8. I was using Booking.com and it gave me two options - 1 person and 2 person max (rate difference of $10). Does this affect joiners or joiner fees?

Also, while I have booked On8, it is a cancellable reservation, so I am still looking at other options. On8 seems a bit afar from Soi Cowboy. Availability is an issue around those dates as well as prices. I saw Booking had availability at reasonable prices for Tins of Blue Hotel and Twin Peaks Residence (which is listed as an aparthotel). I didn't have any luck finding any hits for these properties on this site. Any knowledge of these?

I also looked at CityPoint, but Booking.com doesn't have cancellable reservations for it, so I didn't go for that.

I wasn't sure how far girls would go if I wanted to take them to my hotel, so I was wondering if I should get something farther from Nana and preferably somewhere in the middle. I don't want to stay in very low-end place (I'm on a month-long trip, so probably not going to do 4* in peak season either).

Any advice will be appreciated. I will make sure I review the hotel later.

Thanks!Personally I always book for two persons, just in case. I always take at least Queensize bed. On8 is only 10 minutes walk from Cowboy, or less. Is that really too far? Is not like you will live at Soi Cowboy? It is possible to stay much closer if you wish. I live much further away.

Mermaid is closer and 4 stars and still a quite good price, cheaper than On8. I recommend that as a good option.

Bangkok starts to become a bit deserted as get very close to New Year, but maybe not the Hotels. Thai people go out to the provinces.

Maila
11-29-15, 17:12
Personally I always book for two persons, just in case. I always take at least Queensize bed. On8 is only 10 minutes walk from Cowboy, or less. Is that really too far? Is not like you will live at Soi Cowboy? It is possible to stay much closer if you wish. I live much further away.
Hehe, no, definitely don't want to live there! .

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep the On8 booking for two.

TheTank85
11-29-15, 20:42
Hello guys,

I am planning a trip to LOS in Mid Feb with one of my best friends and thought it would be a good idea to get a good 4* Hotel with a suite with 2 attached rooms and a common hall.

Do anyone have an idea about any such hotels or service apartments? I was thinking of booking somewhere close to where all the action is.

Thanks

Britisher
11-29-15, 22:18
Hi,

Phachara suites is really good and value for money. Stayed there many times. One bedroom executive hot deal is good choice for 80 usd.I am disappointed with Phachara suites.

Its not 100% girl friendly. And what do I mean when I say that?

I check in. One of the girls from the internet comes over. We have sex. She leaves. I go to sleep. In the night of the same date, I bring another girl. And guess what? The hotel states that it must charge me 1000 baht. For the 2nd guest of the day as my room is only for 2 people! This is the first time, I ever heard something like this in Bangkok!

I will have to talk to the managers to see what they have to say! But most of my life. I always stayed at Omni towers on Soi Nana (when Omni was a decent place). And remember bring up to 3 or 4 girls on the same night (one at a time). And no one ever asked me for extra money per guest!

Comments?

Wolvenvacht
11-30-15, 08:33
I am disappointed with Phachara suites.

Its not 100% girl friendly. And what do I mean when I say that?

I check in. One of the girls from the internet comes over. We have sex. She leaves. I go to sleep. In the night of the same date, I bring another girl. And guess what? The hotel states that it must charge me 1000 baht. For the 2nd guest of the day as my room is only for 2 people! This is the first time, I ever heard something like this in Bangkok!

I will have to talk to the managers to see what they have to say! But most of my life. I always stayed at Omni towers on Soi Nana (when Omni was a decent place). And remember bring up to 3 or 4 girls on the same night (one at a time). And no one ever asked me for extra money per guest!

Comments?Likely the night receptionist wanted to make some extra money.

Britisher
11-30-15, 08:42
Likely the night receptionist wanted to make some extra money.To my utter dismay, the manager in the morning confirmed the same thing.

To readers. Be forewarned. Though the hotel, Phachara Suites is well located in the red light area; has no problem with hookers coming in. But does not allow more than one girl in the room on a given day.

This means if you have one girl between 1 pm and 3 pm. 2nd girl between 6 pm to 8 pm. And 3rd girl between 0100 to 0300.

The hotel will charges 1000 baht each for 2nd and 3rd guests. = 2000 bahts. This is over and above what you paid for booking a room for 2 people. This policy confirmed directly from the top manager of the hotel!

Disappointing. Because the location of the hotel is superb. And rooms are decent. Excellent internet. Hot water. Noise free.

Britisher
11-30-15, 11:58
Likely the night receptionist wanted to make some extra money.As per the senior operations manager, written in black and white.

Dear Mr. *.

Please note that for visitor policy is base on one person same day free of charge if 2nd person or more in the same day even overnight or not we will charge 1000 Baht each.

From today, 30th November 2015 untill 01st December 2015, I will waived for visitor fee.

I do apologize for inconvenient.

I wish you will have a pleasant stay.

Best Regards,

Mr. *.

Operations Manager.I am not sure, how did others recommend this hotel so highly as being 100% guest friendly! When a hotel starts charging for guests, its not a guest friendly hotel! Straight and simple!

Basis this mail, they did not reimburse me for yesterday. But they did agree not to charge me for my remaining 2 days but if I stayed further, the hotel will apply its policy.

I also noted, the front desk is eyeing you like a "hawk" and the main reason being to make money out of you, when you bring in guests! The most disturbing thing was front desk telling me in front of 2nd guest. "Hey this is your 2nd visitor of the day. Blah blah blah!

Breadman
11-30-15, 21:24

Comments?Checking the 'solo guests' reviews on Agoda this seems to be the new policy. But it sounds like you made a stink of it at reception and they canceled the extra joiner fees? If so, I'll do the same on my next trip when I stay there. Any other way to get up to your room without passing the front desk?

Syzygies
11-30-15, 21:59
Checking the 'solo guests' reviews on Agoda this seems to be the new policy. But it sounds like you made a stink of it at reception and they canceled the extra joiner fees? If so, I'll do the same on my next trip when I stay there. Any other way to get up to your room without passing the front desk?Some of us may not risk it. Looks like they are keen to scam certain types of customer.

I don't believe Hotels really should have the right to regulate guests coming to the room if they do not stay the night. I have stayed at Admiral Premier, took 3 girls up to my room at the same time, and the Hotel did not really blink or say anything. The girls all left in due course so reason to think I am trying to get a cheap room for the night for so many people like some might do. As a regular guest, they assume I know what I am doing and its my business.

One old buddy, who fucks like a rabbit, would take a continual stream of girls to his Hotel room in a single day, and require lots of extra towels. LOL.

When the hotel tries to charge based on different distinct girls visiting at different times, this has to be labelled as definitely not at all girl friendly. To me it borders on trying to scam the customer.

When we book a Hotel Room, essentially we are trying to get a room and bed to conduct our personal business in and to sleep and in some cases take a breakfast. Hotels should learn to mind their own fucking business. If they seek to be a family Hotel, that can ban unchecked-in guests altogether. Getting money for visitors is purely a scam.

Breadman
11-30-15, 22:21
Some of us may not risk it. Looks like they are keen to scam certain types of customer.

Can you expand on these two comments? I think the first might be in reply to getting past the front desk, ie your saying its best to check their ID. The last part is that a comment about 'Britisher' or something else?

I was looking at the booking website and under 'extra beds' they charge 1000 baht per night for a rollaway bed for child or 'adult'. Imagine paying for an extra bed and taking two girls up for the night.

Wolvenvacht
11-30-15, 22:43
To my utter dismay, the manager in the morning confirmed the same thing.
So that hotel is now off the list of guest-friendly hotels. No problem, plenty more that are not so narrow-minded.

Member #4698
11-30-15, 23:25
I never stayed at the Phachara. Something about it always turned me off even though I was aware that some punters liked the place and I always assumed it was girl friendly. Instead, I always found Admiral Premier and Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence to be better choices at the same price point. Both of these hotels ARE Girl Friendly and just plain friendly in general. Then slightly more upscale is the Fraser Suites Hotel on Soi 11 which I also really like. I have stayed at the Fraser many times and I never encountered any problems bringing back girl (s). And lastly and even more upscale than the Fraser is the extremely Girl Friendly Marriott Executive Apartments on Sukumvit Soi 57 which I also highly recommend.

I have entertained several girls at the same time and have staggered sexy guests to visit me throughout the day and night without the front desk or security batting an eye in any of these 4 suite hotels. In addition I have invited 3 and 4 girls for afternoon / early evening pool parties at these 4 hotels many times. We always behaved ourselves in the pool area if there were other hotel guests present, 555, and I never had a problem. So forget the Phachara. There are much better options all over Sukhumvit.

Breadman
11-30-15, 23:34
I never stayed at the Pachara. Something about it always turned me off even though I was aware that some punters liked the place. Instead, I always found Admiral Premier and Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence to be better choices at the same price point. All of these hotels are double the rate of the Phachara, I prepaid and got it for $51. Guess I'll have to raise a stink at the front desk when guests are checking in, always gets their attention. Luckily im not staying there too many days before heading down to Pattaya.

Duniawala
11-30-15, 23:47
All of these hotels are double the rate of the Phachara, I prepaid and got it for $51. Guess I'll have to raise a stink at the front desk when guests are checking in, always gets their attention. Luckily im not staying there too many days before heading down to Pattaya.You can always try out the Ruamchitt Plaza (next to Sofitel). It's 1500 B net. It's always been a good location for me, and the rooms are nice though not fancy. No problem with 2nd, 3rd or 4th girl. No extra charge.

Member #4698
12-01-15, 00:07
All of these hotels are double the rate of the Phachara, I prepaid and got it for $51. Guess I'll have to raise a stink at the front desk when guests are checking in, always gets their attention. Luckily im not staying there too many days before heading down to Pattaya.Breadman, I am sure you will have a good time at the Phachara. When you arrive at the hotel have a little discussion with the manager, get the lay of the land, see where the elevators are and how you might bring multiple girls up to your room incognito. If the hotel really has the 1 girl rule in effect, you can easily work around it for this trip by visiting the oily massage parlors in the afternoon and bringing back a Go Go girl or FL at night. And think about staying somewhere else on your next trip.

How many square feet is your room at the Pachara? The Admiral Premier 430 sq ft studio is currently around $68 and the 700 sq ft Admiral Suite is currently around $78. Both rooms include breakfast. Around 4 months ago I saw a deal on Expedia and booked the 700 sq ft. Admiral Suite for $69 in advance with no cash upfront and no penalties if cancelled. Smaller rooms were available back then for less than the current rates as well.

Breadman
12-01-15, 00:08
You can always try out the Ruamchitt Plaza (next to Sofitel). It's 1500 B net. It's always been a good location for me, and the rooms are nice though not fancy. No problem with 2nd, 3rd or 4th girl. No extra charge.Problem is the hotel is already prepaid so I'll have to deal with the manager when the time comes that they try to charge me extra. Normally taking one gogo girl back to your room isn't a problem in Bangkok with so many massage joints, BJ bars and soapies but I got a regular who comes over and stays the night.

RahulMangla2009
12-01-15, 03:57
Hello all,

Got couple of free Sheraton nights (expiring soon) with SPG that I was thinking of utilizing while staying in Bangkok. Grande Sukhumvit Sheraton is out of question as they don't honor Sheraton free nights!

So, the only option is Royal Orchid Sheraton. Is this hotel girl / joiner friendly? Any additional fees they charge for bringing in a girl? Have seen some references to it being girl friendly, but want to confirm for sure.

If they do create a hassle, would just let it pass and book another hotel in the Sukhumvit area.

Thanks a lot!

Britisher
12-01-15, 05:09
Problem is the hotel is already prepaid so I'll have to deal with the manager when the time comes that they try to charge me extra. Normally taking one gogo girl back to your room isn't a problem in Bangkok with so many massage joints, BJ bars and soapies but I got a regular who comes over and stays the night.The lobby and the elevator of the hotel is situated in such a way. That it is impossible to walk past without being noticed. In fact in late night hours. They have 5 people monitoring the lobby (like a top spy agency) . I reckon its easier to make a daredevil escape to elevator without being noticed in day time rather than night time.

By the way. I did not fight with the manager. All I told the manager was, that I exchanged emails with your staff prior my arrival confirming the guest policy and I had those mails in black and white. There was no way, he could deny me my rights basis those mails. However, the conclusion was that the promises made to me were basis " If I was going to make corporate booking for long term stay at the hotel and book only and only via them and not via 3rd party provider such as Expedia.com".

Yesterday night, before I brought my 2nd guest, I talked to the 5 people (who monitor the lobby in night time) about it. They (mother f literally seemed upset that their boss had let me off the hook for remaining part of the stay. They were scowling and snarling and growling at me!

I have been mongering all over the world for past 20 years. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel during yr next stay at BKK. Not girl friendly at all. And I feel let down by my fellow mongers here, who recommended this hotel on these pages.

Britisher
12-01-15, 11:36
Going to stay for 2 days at IBIS Nana. And see how it goes with the guests.

Already went and had a look. Rooms are typical IBIS type, excellent location. Talked to guests. Staying there. Say WiFi is fine.

I am just concerned about the noise factor!

But I am happy to let go of this place (Phachara Suites), for having the audacity to demand 1000 bahts (30 usd) per guest despite booking for 2 people. To hell with this so called girl friendly hotel.

Member #4698
12-01-15, 14:51
Got couple of free Sheraton nights (expiring soon) with SPG that I was thinking of utilizing while staying in Bangkok. Grande Sukhumvit Sheraton is out of question as they don't honor Sheraton free nights! So, the only option is Royal Orchid Sheraton. Is this hotel girl / joiner friendly? If they do create a hassle, would just let it pass and book another hotel in the Sukhumvit area. According to Guest Friendly Hotels - http://www.gfriendlyhotels.com/ - the Royal Orchid Sheraton is guest friendly. But location-wise it is not too friendly for our mutual hobby. I think you will find it a long trek to Sukhumvit and the various nightlife venues there. Patpong 2 might be better for you if you decide to stay at the Royal Orchid. Bada Bing is a pretty good Go Go.

It is amazing that the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit does not honor SPG Free Nights. Try the Westin across the street or the Four Points By Sheraton on Sukhumvit Soi 15 or the Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11. Although the Westin is not my favorite hotel in the area, it has a damn good location and you can't beat the price ie gratis if they accept SPG Free Nights. Same same for the Four Points and the Aloft.

As I am sure you are aware, the Marriott Corporation just bought Starwood Hotels and Resorts, so I assume all Starwood points will be converted to Marriott points after the merger takes place and there will be a very large number of hotels under the Marriott Flagship in the proximate area.

Alex7J
12-04-15, 06:08
1) Davis Corner Wing Sukhumvit Soi 24 : This small boutique property is a part of the bigger Davis Hotel but is located in the corner with Starbucks inside the location and some nice eating joints in between the main Davis hotel and the corner wing. The corner wing has amazing Big Rooms or we should say apartments or suites. The place is absolutely GF as I have stayed there may be 20 times the last being December 2014 never I had any trouble bringing multiple girls in 1 day or multiple girls in a single time. This place also has one of the Best suites I have stayed in BKK a single bedroom suite with Jacuzzi, sauna with steam and massage table in the living room and a 2 bedroom suite with sauna, steam and jacuzzi in the living room which can be converted to a 4 bedroom with two rooms opening at either side so a complete party place. I have had one of the best times in BKK in both the suites mostly I stayed in the two bedroom jacuzzi suite both of these are situated at the two ends of the corner wing. The feeling of making out with a girl in a hot jacuzzi is absolutely ravishing and the girl also enjoys many a times the girls have been repeat and they have brought friends over for the party in the jacuzzi.

2) Nature Villa: Soi Langsuan: A nice property on the posh Langsuan road right opposite the Marriott. Absolutely GF never I had any problems in bringing back any of the girls back and was stopped or even asked by anyone from the security or at the reception. Beautiful 1 bedroom suite with an amazing view of the BKK skyline at the night.

3) Lebua at the State Tower: Beautiful Property, amazing rooms, sexy balcony, great host and awesome breakfast absolutely GF no problem at all ever.

4) Somerset Lake View at Soi 16: Nice decent property with two wings stayed in the new wing absolutely GF.

5) Somerset at Sathorn: Good enough property not great as per Bangkok standards but have lived here a couple of times and the last couple of stays were in 3 bedroom penthouse apartment with an awesome balcony. You are secluded from the outside world yet everything is visible. Had some awesome nights in the balcony with different ladies, Weird memories I have of this place. Pure GF no problem at all.

6) Anantara in Sathorn: Again a big property with classy white rooms, glass door washrooms and small yet sweet balcony. GF no problem ever.

7) Ascott in Sathorn: Decent rooms not big not small but done very classy again no problem and GF.

8) Omni Tower: Stinking hotel rooms but dirt cheap and truly GF as many of the CIS girls stay inside so you feel as if you live in a brothel only.

There are many more hotels I have stayed in and have never experienced any problems as to GF will write when I remember more of them.

Happy hunting fellas.

Alex

Britisher
12-05-15, 02:22
1)

8) Omni Tower: Stinking hotel rooms but dirt cheap and truly GF as many of the CIS girls stay inside so you feel as if you live in a brothel only.

AlexThanks Alex. This is the hotel (Omni), I stayed at for almost 17 years between 1997 to 2014. The last stay in 2014 was preceded by a stay in 2012. I can say that till 2012, things were absolutely fine in Omni. But the 2014 stay was a mini disaster and since then I heard things have gone even worse!

Omni was the best bet on Soi nana for so many years. Dirt cheap, excellent rooms and 100% girl friendly. I remember having parties with 3-4 girls there and never had a problem.

But now I heard its infested with cockroaches and the things get stolen from safe deposit boxes when you go out. So avoid this hotel.

You are right. The hotel feels like a brothel as many prostitutes from all over the world live there.

I recently visited Omni in Dec'15 to have a look. The foyer was empty. The hotel was deserted. I asked the front desk to show me a room. They replied "Please sit down". No one attended me for 30 minutes and I left. Almost as if the hotel has completely lost the plot. A big big pity!

GDreams
12-05-15, 06:39
According to Guest Friendly Hotels - http://www.gfriendlyhotels.com/ - the Royal Orchid Sheraton is guest friendly. But location-wise it is not too friendly for our mutual hobby. I think you will find it a long trek to Sukhumvit and the various nightlife venues there. Patpong 2 might be better for you if you decide to stay at the Royal Orchid. Bada Bing is a pretty good Go Go.

It is amazing that the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit does not honor SPG Free Nights. Try the Westin across the street or the Four Points By Sheraton on Sukhumvit Soi 15 or the Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11. Although the Westin is not my favorite hotel in the area, it has a damn good location and you can't beat the price ie gratis if they accept SPG Free Nights. Same same for the Four Points and the Aloft. Its not a surprise about the SGS as although they have Sheraton in the name under Starwood they are grouped under the Luxury Collection banner so are not included in the Sheraton Promo. My wife is actually staying at the Royal Orchid tomorrow under the Sheron free weekend nights promo on her way home to Kiev.

LA Guy 5
12-05-15, 09:39
According to Guest Friendly Hotels - http://www.gfriendlyhotels.com/ - the Royal Orchid Sheraton is guest friendly. But location-wise it is not too friendly for our mutual hobby. I think you will find it a long trek to Sukhumvit and the various nightlife venues there. Patpong 2 might be better for you if you decide to stay at the Royal Orchid. Bada Bing is a pretty good Go Go.

It is amazing that the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit does not honor SPG Free Nights. Try the Westin across the street or the Four Points By Sheraton on Sukhumvit Soi 15 or the Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11. Although the Westin is not my favorite hotel in the area, it has a damn good location and you can't beat the price ie gratis if they accept SPG Free Nights. Same same for the Four Points and the Aloft.

As I am sure you are aware, the Marriott Corporation just bought Starwood Hotels and Resorts, so I assume all Starwood points will be converted to Marriott points after the merger takes place and there will be a very large number of hotels under the Marriott Flagship in the proximate area.From what I've been reading, it is still undecided whether the two frequent guest programs are going to be combined. At least for awhile after the merger it seems they may continue to be separate, although perhaps like an airline alliance points in one program can be earned and used at the other brand hotels, etc.

I just hope that of us with a lot of Starwood points don't get screwed should there be a merger of the two programs.

Christian G
12-05-15, 15:23
Spend 12 hrs in this hotel. The building is old and only partially renovated, shower have good pressure and wifi work ok. The problem is that the room are incredible noisy. Very quickly check in / out.

TheTank85
12-05-15, 21:09
1) Davis Corner Wing Sukhumvit Soi 24 : This small boutique property is a part of the bigger Davis Hotel but is located in the corner with Starbucks inside the location and some nice eating joints in between the main Davis hotel and the corner wing. The corner wing has amazing Big Rooms or we should say apartments or suites. The place is absolutely GF as I have stayed there may be 20 times the last being December 2014 never I had any trouble bringing multiple girls in 1 day or multiple girls in a single time. This place also has one of the Best suites I have stayed in BKK a single bedroom suite with Jacuzzi, sauna with steam and massage table in the living room and a 2 bedroom suite with sauna, steam and jacuzzi in the living room which can be converted to a 4 bedroom with two rooms opening at either side so a complete party place. I have had one of the best times in BKK in both the suites mostly I stayed in the two bedroom jacuzzi suite both of these are situated at the two ends of the corner wing. The feeling of making out with a girl in a hot jacuzzi is absolutely ravishing and the girl also enjoys many a times the girls have been repeat and they have brought friends over for the party in the jacuzzi.

2) Nature Villa: Soi Langsuan: A nice property on the posh Langsuan road right opposite the Marriott. Absolutely GF never I had any problems in bringing back any of the girls back and was stopped or even asked by anyone from the security or at the reception. Beautiful 1 bedroom suite with an amazing view of the BKK skyline at the night...Thanks for the valuable info. Will help in planning my trip in Feb.

Tomasb
12-06-15, 07:08
I stayed there for six days last winter through AIR BnB. The apartment was quite nice, modern, and large with a friendly owner who lived nearby. It's still rented with AIR at a quite reasonable price, however, I was glad to check out and would not return. A lot of prostitutes from the 'stans' do live there (I. E. CIS) and it is difficult to believe they can make any money at all given their size and demeanor. However, there is one particular reason they chose this place to stay.

The other distinguishing feature is the Omni has become popular with the Middle Eastern set. Many people from Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. , stay there, which probably explains why these excessively obese CIS girls reside here as Arabs appear to prefer this body type. For a westerner, I felt quite uncomfortable and got a few glares, imagined or not. You can throw in a dated 70's lobby, distant location on Soi 4, and a poor reputation to the mix.

Thanks Alex. This is the hotel (Omni), I stayed at for almost 17 years between 1997 to 2014. The last stay in 2014 was preceded by a stay in 2012. I can say that till 2012, things were absolutely fine in Omni. But the 2014 stay was a mini disaster and since then I heard things have gone even worse!

Omni was the best bet on Soi nana for so many years. Dirt cheap, excellent rooms and 100% girl friendly. I remember having parties with 3-4 girls there and never had a problem.

But now I heard its infested with cockroaches and the things get stolen from safe deposit boxes when you go out. So avoid this hotel.

You are right. The hotel feels like a brothel as many prostitutes from all over the world live there.

I recently visited Omni in Dec'15 to have a look. The foyer was empty. The hotel was deserted. I asked the front desk to show me a room. They replied "Please sit down". No one attended me for 30 minutes and I left. Almost as if the hotel has completely lost the plot. A big big pity!

AsianVid
12-06-15, 07:46
The Retroasis hotel in Bangkok is lactated at Sukhumvit soi 29. It's a nice hotel which used to be an old school given it's structure. It's close to Asoke BTS and Terminal 21 and just a short walk to the M quarter and Emporium shopping mall.

The room is OK and bed not rock hard. All the rooms are located at a small piazza which also houses the swimming pool. Because of this there is no much noise coming from sukhumvit. Pool did not look that clean and nobody was using it.

Booked via agoda for THB 1250 per night.

https://youtu.be/Qket0nlYnIQ

King Coconut
12-06-15, 16:41
Hi mates,

Can you please let me know some good places to stay in Bangkok for like $50 per day in BB basis?

Syzygies
12-08-15, 08:03
Hi mates,

Can you please let me know some good places to stay in Bangkok for like $50 per day in BB basis?Mermaid is a very good new Hotel (in narrow Soi 29) that may obtainable quite close to this price including B/F. Probably $50 without B/F and about $65 with B/F at a guess. I often get up too late for B/F so its not always important. Could eat B/F at nearby coffee shop like Au Bon Pain as alternative. It scores 4.0 points out of 5. Very Good rating. I have stayed there and like it. Very good value for money.

There are Hotels around for much less than that e. G. Unico Express (I would not stay there. Don't like Location).

Studio Sukhumvit 18 by iCheck Inn is offering 55 Sq metres room for under your price right now (probably no breakfast included) but can eat near by. It is rated as good at 3.7 out of 5 score.

Use Whatif website to search for Hotels in Sukhumvit and can sort by price then narrow selection to just 3 and 4 star hotels and can narrow the price range as well. Whatif site usually includes taxes in the price and only excludes the low booking fee. I dislike Agoda having a policy to quote prices without the 17% taxes included. It's a con job.

Syzygies
12-08-15, 08:11
For a westerner, I felt quite uncomfortable and got a few glares, imagined or not. You can throw in a dated 70's lobby, distant location on Soi 4, and a poor reputation to the mix.I understand. I once stayed at Zenith Soi 3. At breakfast, the Arab / muslim types seemed to be staring at me like I was some sort of freak. Maybe because I could eat ham and various non Halal stuff. Or maybe because I was older than the missus, or dressed a bit different. I don't know. However you get this somewhat creepy feeling, of being in the wrong place.

Syzygies
12-08-15, 08:12
The Retroasis hotel in Bangkok is lactated at Sukhumvit soi 29.ROFLMAO. Nice typo there. The forum software has made a Freudian slip in auto- correcting your spelling.

Duniawala
12-08-15, 19:15
Hi mates,

Can you please let me know some good places to stay in Bangkok for like $50 per day in BB basis?Plenty, on lower Suk. Go to www.asiatravel.com and pick a few and then ask us for further recommendation. Personally I like Ruamchitt Plaza (1500 B NoBfast) but then again YMMV.

AsianVid
12-17-15, 17:15
Top Mansion in Udonthani is a decent but basic place to stay. Clean rooms with air-con and hot shower and that's about it. Price is around 500 bht. Conveniently located near several bars and restaurants and about 10 minutes walk to bus and train station but also close to shopping mall and night bazaar.

https://youtu.be/vV4NZ117-Zo

Jebapaf
12-19-15, 15:21
Hi,

Anyone ever stayed at 41 Suite Bangkok. And can tell me if it is girl friendly? Headed to BKK in early January.

Here is the website.

http://www.41suitebangkok.com/

Thanks for any replies.

Nixonbd
12-25-15, 15:21
After several trips to Pattaya, looking to explore BKK. Some of the accommodations I seek are:

1. Girl friendly (obviously).

2. Open air pool.

3. Balcony.

4. AC.

5. Walking distance to the action (Nana Plaza I suppose.

I'm not opposed to paying for comgort.

Mumbai Guy
12-25-15, 17:37
If budget is not a constraint I would suggest Landmark. It has everything except a balcony.

After several trips to Pattaya, looking to explore BKK. Some of the accommodations I seek are:

1. Girl friendly (obviously).

2. Open air pool.

3. Balcony.

4. AC.

5. Walking distance to the action (Nana Plaza I suppose.

I'm not opposed to paying for comgort.

Bijou
12-30-15, 17:53
Is this hotel GF without joiner fee? I'm getting into BKK late (11 pm+) and will be heading to Pattaya the next day. Since I prefer freelancers and Climax is in this hotel, I was considering just staying here for one night when I arrive.

Any feedback is appreciated. (I've RTFF this section going back to beginning of this year and didn't see anything specific regarding this hotel).

Phordphan
12-30-15, 19:50
Is this hotel GF without joiner fee? I'm getting into BKK late (11 pm+) and will be heading to Pattaya the next day. Since I prefer freelancers and Climax is in this hotel, I was considering just staying here for one night when I arrive.

Any feedback is appreciated. (I've RTFF this section going back to beginning of this year and didn't see anything specific regarding this hotel).Google is your friend.

http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/

Stykler
12-31-15, 07:09

Any feedback is appreciated. (I've RTFF this section going back to beginning of this year and didn't see anything specific regarding this hotel).

Google is your friend.Sometimes so is Tripadvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d308724-r157374705-Ambassador_Hotel_Bangkok-Bangkok.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT.

Mua Tur
12-31-15, 07:35

Any feedback is appreciated. (I've RTFF this section going back to beginning of this year and didn't see anything specific regarding this hotel).Ambassador is totally girl friendly. The hotel policy in Thailand is if some one book the room for double than don't need to pay additional charge. If it booked for single occupancy than you have to must pay for additional joining one.

Britisher
12-31-15, 08:00
Google is your friend.

http://www.guestfriendlyhotel.com/The list does not tell the true story.

Lot of people here, recommended Phachara Suites! But they charge 1000 bahts for the 3rd guest. This means if you are like me who like to invite different girls to your room at different times of the day. So as per Phachara Suites manager, the first girl is admitted free (as I booked for 2 people) and after she leaves the hotel and If another girls comes later to join me. Bingo. I have to pay 1000 bahts! And if she leaves and I invite a 3rd girl, again I have to pay 1000 bahts. Its not that if I just have 2 people in the room at any given time, I am free from paying! Mark the difference?

Another thing, Phachara suites makes you sign a long disclaimer every time, you bring a guest! This is not so cool. Especially if you are in bed and you ordered delivery. You have to go down and sign docs to bring her up!

So its important to discuss real experiences about girl friendly hotels here.

Kaywhy
12-31-15, 09:36
I stayed there for six days last winter through AIR BnB. The apartment was quite nice, modern, and large with a friendly owner who lived nearby. It's still rented with AIR at a quite reasonable price, however, I was glad to check out and would not return. A lot of prostitutes from the 'stans' do live there (I. E. CIS) and it is difficult to believe they can make any money at all given their size and demeanor. However, there is one particular reason they chose this place to stay.

The other distinguishing feature is the Omni has become popular with the Middle Eastern set. Many people from Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. , stay there, which probably explains why these excessively obese CIS girls reside here as Arabs appear to prefer this body type. For a westerner, I felt quite uncomfortable and got a few glares, imagined or not. You can throw in a dated 70's lobby, distant location on Soi 4, and a poor reputation to the mix.For my current trip to Bangkok, I've also airbnb'd it. My budget was $75 bucks per night, so I could have picked many places along or a bit north of the BTS. I ended up finding a gem for only $40 near Makkasan. So in terms of access, I have the subway across the street, the airport city line a stone throws away and then the water taxi almost below.

No worries about GF policies, has washer and dryer if you are staying a few weeks, and the key plus is the gym that has very new equipment and tenants who must not make use of it, so always empty. So if not on business, I'll always go airbnb going forward, perhaps the same place. By the way, can't say enough of the convenience of the water taxi being right under the asoke bridge. Felt like 10 min to Chitlom. So fast and no traffic.

Bijou
12-31-15, 17:13
Sometimes so is Tripadvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d308724-r157374705-Ambassador_Hotel_Bangkok-Bangkok.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT.Tripadvisor reviews seem to be a mixed bag regarding this hotel, ranging from "worst" to "best" on recent reviews. My interest in this hotel (for my first trip to LOS) was because I would be only there for a few hours after getting into BKK around 11 pm, getting to hotel to freshen up after traveling for 24 hours, and then getting out to go hunting around 1 am or so with Climax club being in the hotel. I'd be heading to Pattaya late morning.

I inquired directly to the hotel regarding their visitor policy and here is what I received by email:

"Dear Sir / Madam.

There is no charge for joiner, but it is only 20 THB for copy of her / his ID.

For security reason. There are only maximum 2 persons of visitors allowed at one time.

Best regards,

Lakkhana J. Ms.

Reservation Manager.

Ambassador Hotel Bangkok".

I am also considering Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel and LE Fenix Sukhumvit and will report which I stayed at on my trip report.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

NamasteParis
01-06-16, 08:38
Instead, I always found Admiral Premier and Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence to be better choices at the same price point. Both of these hotels ARE Girl Friendly and just plain friendly in general. Then slightly more upscale is the Fraser Suites Hotel on Soi 11 which I also really like. I have stayed at the Fraser many times and I never encountered any problems bringing back girl (s). And lastly and even more upscale than the Fraser is the extremely Girl Friendly Marriott Executive Apartments on Sukumvit Soi 57 which I also highly recommend.

I have entertained several girls at the same time and have staggered sexy guests to visit me throughout the day and night without the front desk or security batting an eye in any of these 4 suite hotels.Hi NB!

Thanks for your great advices. I plan to go to BKK on April, and I like such nice places too. One question: don't they check / make a copy of the ID every time your bring your party, and at check out too?

I prefer when they do, for safety reasons.

NamasteParis
01-06-16, 17:38
Davis Corner Wing Sukhumvit Soi 24, Nature Villa, Lebua at the State Tower, Somerset Lake View, Somerset at Sathorn, Anantara in Sathorn, Ascott in Sathorn Thanks for your great advices. Same question: I plan to go to BKK on April, and I like such nice places too. One question: don't they check / make a copy of the ID every time your bring your party, and at check out too?

I prefer when they do, for safety reasons.

Wolvenvacht
01-06-16, 20:41
Thanks for your great advices. Same question: I plan to go to BKK on April, and I like such nice places too. One question: don't they check / make a copy of the ID every time your bring your party, and at check out too?

I prefer when they do, for safety reasons.At check-in some hotels do, some don't. But if you bring your party to the reception desk and ask reception to "register" your guest, I'd be surprised if reception would not comply.

At check-out security is far more lax. I have had hotels that actually kept the girl's ID card so she was obliged to do a proper "check out", although more often than not reception would not call me to ask if everything was OK. Other hotels just alllow her to walk out and wouldn't bat an eye if her hands were dripping with blood and she carried a bag full of your stuff on her back.

Sunlover2
01-07-16, 18:02
One question: don't they check / make a copy of the ID every time your bring your party, and at check out too?

I prefer when they do, for safety reasons.If you go to the front desk and register her as a 'registered guest' she has privileges like being able to charge to the room or being able to ask for a room key.

If she is a 'joiner' she will normally leave her ID at the front desk or security desk. This makes her a visitor. This is a different status as far as the hotel is concerned.

Most hotels will not charge you for one Thai national at a time as a joiner. Some charge for more than one joiner at a time, or a foreign national joiner. Each hotel has a different policy just e-mail them and ask.

SL.

NamasteParis
01-07-16, 18:31
Thanks a lot for all your valuable advices.

I'll probably go to Ibis Nana, or Grand Mercure Sukhumvit, as I'm member of Accor hotels.

I'll let you know how it is (April 2016).

Syzygies
01-08-16, 03:23
Can you expand on these two comments? I think the first might be in reply to getting past the front desk, ie your saying its best to check their ID. The last part is that a comment about 'Britisher' or something else?
You have too much imagination. I made it very clear in my post what I thought was verging on a Hotel scam. The type of customer is purely those taking girls up to their rooms.

There are no hidden meanings.

Jgm005
01-08-16, 04:25
For those that are Accor Hotel members they are having their 'private sale' for another week. Up to 40% off. Check the terms to know the date range for the actual stay.

NamasteParis
01-08-16, 08:13
For those that are Accor Hotel members they are having their 'private sale' for another week. Up to 40% off. Check the terms to know the date range for the actual stay.Yes I know! That's why I'll choose one of these hotels. Ibis Nana is at 30€, and Grand Mercure 60€ (considering you can have free upgrade for a suite)! Good deal!

Thanks for the hint.

NamasteParis
01-08-16, 23:51
Does anyone can confirm this hotel is Girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.

Britisher
01-09-16, 09:56
Breadman said:

The last part is that a comment about 'Britisher' or something else?

Breadman, Which post of mine are you referring to?

Zauberfee
01-09-16, 12:12
Does anyone can confirm this hotel is Girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.It's a very good hotel and GF.

D Cups
01-09-16, 19:50
Is there any action near here (or will I have to go to Sukhumvit or get an escort)? Staying here for a conference later this year. Any replies appreciated.

Member #4698
01-09-16, 20:21
Is there any action near here (or will I have to go to Sukhumvit or get an escort)? Staying here for a conference later this year. Any replies appreciated.DCups, you are in luck. Based on the Lebua's location, you owe it to yourself to check out Patpong 2. After years in decline, Patpong 2 is making a comeback with a number of worthwhile Go Go's. I like Bada Bing Go Go the best. They have a very good selection of girls, even some busty ones for you. LOL. Electric Blu is also worth checking out as is Pink and the Strip. I would be real surprised if you don't find the right girl after hitting Bada Bing and the others I just mentioned, but if you strike out, for some strange reason, then it will be exactly the right time to head over to Spasso and Minx in the Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental Hotels respectively. But the bottom line is I think you will have a great time on Patpong 2. There is no reason to pay large for an unseen escort just because you are staying at the Lebua and faraway from Sukhumvit. I look forward to hearing all about your experience.

NB.

Ebauche
01-09-16, 23:48
Tripadvisor reviews seem to be a mixed bag regarding this hotel, ranging from "worst" to "best" on recent reviews. My interest in this hotel (for my first trip to LOS) was because I would be only there for a few hours after getting into BKK around 11 pm, getting to hotel to freshen up after traveling for 24 hours, and then getting out to go hunting around 1 am or so with Climax club being in the hotel. I'd be heading to Pattaya late morning.

I inquired directly to the hotel regarding their visitor policy and here is what I received by email:

"Dear Sir / Madam.

There is no charge for joiner, but it is only 20 THB for copy of her / his ID.

For security reason. There are only maximum 2 persons of visitors allowed at one time.

Best regards,

Lakkhana J. Ms.

Reservation Manager.

Ambassador Hotel Bangkok".

I am also considering Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel and LE Fenix Sukhumvit and will report which I stayed at on my trip report.

Thanks to all for the feedback.A few years back, I stayed at the President Palace Hotel just down the street from Ambassador. Got an excellent deal through the Amex travel website. About $50 USD / night including airport transfer to / from, Internet, breakfast, and a fruity welcome drink. Really liked the hotel. Large, clean rooms, good location. Ava Bar across the street was a nice change of pace (jazz / blues, not a girly bar). Would recommend.

Stykler
01-10-16, 05:08
....... Ava Bar across the street was a nice change of pace (jazz / blues, not a girly bar). Would recommend.Ava Pub is not a girly bar! Surely you jest.

It is discreet, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is definitely a girly bar.

D Cups
01-10-16, 06:09
DCups, you are in luck. Based on the Lebua's location, you owe it to yourself to check out Patpong 2. After years in decline, Patpong 2 is making a comeback with a number of worthwhile Go Go's. I like Bada Bing Go Go the best. They have a very good selection of girls, even some busty ones for you. LOL. Electric Blu is also worth checking out as is Pink and the Strip. I would be real surprised if you don't find the right girl after hitting Bada Bing and the others I just mentioned, but if you strike out, for some strange reason, then it will be exactly the right time to head over to Spasso and Minx in the Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental Hotels respectively. But the bottom line is I think you will have a great time on Patpong 2. There is no reason to pay large for an unseen escort just because you are staying at the Lebua and faraway from Sukhumvit. I look forward to hearing all about your experience.

NB.Great! Thanks, Natty!

Mauldid
01-10-16, 06:37
Is there any action near here (or will I have to go to Sukhumvit or get an escort)? Staying here for a conference later this year. Any replies appreciated.Not really you are at the mercy of taking a taxi to a soapy or calling an escort. The BTS Saphan Taskin is less than 10 minutes away, take that into the Nana / Asok for action.

IllusionHeart
01-10-16, 08:19
Great! Thanks, Natty! DCups, in patpong bars while the BF for regular girls is 600, for coyotes and dancers will be 1000 or 1500 just like Nana or cowboy but the no of dancers in Bada Bing is high. The ST price quoted to me in patpong bars was 3000 and LT was 5000 baht. Bummer is LT is only upto 5 or 6 am and not till afternoon. I discovered this in my November trip. Do check this before you BF a girl although YMMV.

Syzygies
01-11-16, 00:44
DCups, in patpong bars while the BF for regular girls is 600, for coyotes and dancers will be 1000 or 1500 just like Nana or cowboy but the no of dancers in Bada Bing is high. The ST price quoted to me in patpong bars was 3000 and LT was 5000 baht. Bummer is LT is only upto 5 or 6 am and not till afternoon. I discovered this in my November trip. Do check this before you BF a girl although YMMV.Depends on the girl and in the price. Girls are keen to leave before the traffic jam sets in otherwise difficult to get home assuming they don't live nearby. One of my ex favorite girls lived in Sathorn, so I had reverse problem needing to stay in Silom close to her apartment for high convenience to her. That is unusual though.

NamasteParis
01-11-16, 18:24
It's a very good hotel and GF.Thanks. I've booked there, and also at Grand Mercure. I'll keep you informed in April.

NamasteParis
01-11-16, 18:29
DCups, you are in luck. Based on the Lebua's location, you owe it to yourself to check out Patpong 2. After years in decline, Patpong 2 is making a comeback with a number of worthwhile Go Go's. I like Bada Bing Go Go the best. They have a very good selection of girls, even some busty ones for you. LOL. Electric Blu is also worth checking out as is Pink and the Strip. I would be real surprised if you don't find the right girl after hitting Bada Bing and the others I just mentioned, but if you strike out, for some strange reason, then it will be exactly the right time to head over to Spasso and Minx in the Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental Hotels respectively. But the bottom line is I think you will have a great time on Patpong 2. There is no reason to pay large for an unseen escort just because you are staying at the Lebua and faraway from Sukhumvit. I look forward to hearing all about your experience.

NB.Thanks a lot too! I've booked there for the last days of my trip in April. I'll keep you informed with reports!

Sum12
01-17-16, 05:03
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.

Syzygies
01-18-16, 05:26
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.Does anyone love the Nana Plaza these days? Or perhaps just specific bars? Are any worth visiting regularly.

Seems to me that Nana Plaza is well past its hey day. In the early days, I was a Lollipop and Pretty Lady customer, maybe Voodoo a little. Very big turn over of bars lately with many refitted bars not lasting long before a complete changeover. Candyland refit was horrible (bad taste and colour) and the new bar did not last long. Many bars changed names as well. I see famous LB bar Cascade changed as well.

Old bars Billboard, Rainbow group, Angel Witch and Spanky's still going along. All fairly boring for me. Did have one good girl from Spankys in the last year or two (and also one disaster girl). I tend to visit specific girls these days in Nana regardless of which bar they have moved to. Followed one from Dollhouse to Hotlips / Candyland2 to Mercury and another Mercury girl know from Midnite. Mandarin Upstairs seemed more interesting than most bars with some natural girls of a good standard.

Any thoughts on best Nana bars and for what reason?

TimTimGuy
01-18-16, 07:22
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.I'm feeling helpful today, don't know why. Your idea of "good" will be different from mine or anyone else's idea / opinion. For example, no smoking policy is a big plus for me. You might try going to Late $tays dot com or Agoda, and you should find something.

Syzygies
01-18-16, 07:53
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.Very difficult to get anything good that close and that cheap. Try the Promenade in Soi 8 (near Nana BTS) on booking.com. I haven't stayed there but it is rated as reasonably good and still very cheap well under $50. Even has a pool.

EihTooms
01-18-16, 09:08
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.I have a USA Friend who is a heavy smoker and he always stays at the Dynasty Inn, Soi 4 (not the Dynasty Grande, BTW) because they have smoking rooms available.

http://www.dynastyinn.com/Bangkok/Dynasty-bangkok-homepage.html

It is located right in the heart of the Nana Entertainment area, on Soi 4 between Hillary 4 Bar and Hillary 2 Bar. 1 minute walk from Nana Plaza.

Christian G
01-18-16, 09:26
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.You can check Petals Inn or Heaven at 4, both in soi4. But I don't know about their no-smoking policy.

Optional1
01-18-16, 17:47
Can someone confirm if Amari Boulevard and Grand Swiss on soi 11 are girl friendly? And any general feedback on these hotels? Thanks in advance!

TheTank85
01-19-16, 07:39
Can someone confirm if Amari Boulevard and Grand Swiss on soi 11 are girl friendly? And any general feedback on these hotels? Thanks in advance!It would be best to email and confirm with the hotel themselves, as then you have proof that they said they allow or not.

Generally if you are alone and book a double room with the hotel they don't have a problem with you bringing "guests".

I am going to Thailand in the beginning of Feb and before booking all the hotels I sent an email to the hotels and booked only after they replied to my mails.

Hope this helps.

TheTank

BKKguru
01-20-16, 05:26
Can someone confirm if Amari Boulevard and Grand Swiss on soi 11 are girl friendly? And any general feedback on these hotels? Thanks in advance!The Grand Swiss on Soi 11 is girl friendly.

FYI - The elevators in this Hotel are tiny. If you have 4 people in the elevator you will be rubbing against each other.

~BKKguru.

Rambhai
01-20-16, 08:49
Visiting Bangkok for 2 weeks for some work and looking to stay near Nana plaza (not more than 5 minutes away walking). Any advise which hotel is good? Looking to book Ibis Nana however it has a no smoking policy which I am not sure I can manage for 2 full weeks. My budget is $45-$50 per night. Any help will be much appreciated.Hi,

Suggest you try Holiday Inn Express in Sukhumvit SOI 13, they have both smokers & non-Smokers rooms. Budget I think is around $55.

Optional1
01-20-16, 10:17
The Grand Swiss on Soi 11 is girl friendly.

FYI - The elevators in this Hotel are tiny. If you have 4 people in the elevator you will be rubbing against each other.

~BKKguru.Tank and Bkkguru. Thanks for your inputs. I have booked majestic suites. Looks like its close to the action, very close to soi 4, and got great reviews on TripAdvisor.

TimTimGuy
01-20-16, 12:17
It would be best to email and confirm with the hotel themselves, as then you have proof that they said they allow or not.
Generally if you are alone and book a double room with the hotel they don't have a problem with you bringing "guests".
TheTankA link was posted over in the Indonesia forum that might be of interest. (it was posted with Jakarta or Bali, but I switched the reference to Bangkok.).

http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/category/thailand/bangkok/

KenDavis03
01-23-16, 10:21
Hello,

I have been booked into the Siri Sathorn Executive Service Apartments. I alway stay in that neighborhood but never at this place.

Does anyone know if they are girl friendly?

Thanks!

Blanquiceleste
01-23-16, 17:08
Hello,

I have been booked into the Siri Sathorn Executive Service Apartments. I alway stay in that neighborhood but never at this place.

Does anyone know if they are girl friendly?

Thanks!I have stayed a few times at this property and it is indeed girl friendly. The reception and security is a bit worn out and the front desk does not bother much with identity cards. The place is also a bit off the main road, so if you are walking back or walking out late night, be wary of your surroundings. BKK is fairly safe but one can never be too careful in these parts.

I personally prefer hotels that check and retain the girl's identity card and call your room when the girl leaves to check if everything is fine.

Optional1
02-01-16, 19:26
Stayed at Majestic Suites this time. Excellent location, right at the edge of Soi 4. A bit far, if your hunting ground is the Soi Cowboy. Helpful staff. Only had breakfast in the room, which was sufficient and tasty. Most importantly, getting the girl to your room was smooth.

Overall a good stay, but I may pick something closer to Cowboy next time. But nothing to take away from Majestic.

Higgins T
02-01-16, 22:24
Do you Know a nice Hotel with mirrors in the Room, at the Wall and above the bed? Any hints would Be Highly appreciated.

Can be a Short Time Hotel or Even better, a decent "normal" Hotel.

Brazil Traveller
02-05-16, 11:29
Hello,

I was considering staying at The Landmark Hotel for a trip to Bangkok this month, also based on very good reviews I found on this site.

However, to be on the safe side I sent them an email as I always do to double check about their guest friendly policy. Quite surprisingly I got the reply I pasted below, which seems to indicate the hotel isn't guest friendly anymore.

Did anyone experience this during recent stays?

Thanks.

"Dear Mr. . ,

Please be informed that there is no charge for 2nd guest (as you book double occupancy) and guest must registered same with you upon check in thus please let your partner register at front desk upon check in. If your guest are not registered at time of arrival will be charged at THB 1,000.-net.

Referring to hotel security reason, kindly note that for all joiner have to present ID card before go to client room and joiner fee will be charged at THB 1000 per person per night on room only.

Should you need any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards.

GoodShag
02-06-16, 16:03
I don't think anyone mentioned this hotel here before, but I stayed twice at the " Sukhumvit Suite " hotel right next to Asoke skytrain station, or across the road from Terminal 21 shopping centre. In fact there's direct access to Asoke train station from the entrance of the hotel!

It's a good hotel, with a good restaurant, and only 3 min. Walk to Soi Cowboy and 10 min. To the other famous Sois (where you can find Climax, Bangkok Beat, etc.).

Is it girl friendly? Yes of course, and the best part is that the entrance is on the 1st level (ground level in fact but they call it 1st level), and reception is on the 2nd level.

Now if you have a room on the 3rd level and above, you can take the lift from the entrance to your room without being seeing by the staff. There's a doorman at the entrance, but he finishes work at midnight, and then there's no one to check on you, and anyway they don't seem to care!

It's worth a look, check on booking. Com or other websites.

Allover
02-06-16, 18:46
I don't think anyone mentioned this hotel here before, but I stayed twice at the " Sukhumvit Suite " hotel right next to Asoke skytrain station, or across the road from Terminal 21 shopping centre. In fact there's direct access to Asoke train station from the entrance of the hotel!

It's a good hotel, with a good restaurant, and only 3 min. Walk to Soi Cowboy and 10 min. To the other famous Sois (where you can find Climax, Bangkok Beat, etc.).

Is it girl friendly? Yes of courseThe hotel you are probably talking about is actually called the S Sukhumvit Suites. Great location for sure but I thought the food was average. The newer wing's rooms are very modern but very small. The older wing has average size rooms. On my next trip I will choose between On8 and S Sukhumvit Suites. On8 rooms look a little bit bigger.

Crypton
02-06-16, 19:16
Can someone confirm if Amari Boulevard and Grand Swiss on soi 11 are girl friendly? And any general feedback on these hotels? Thanks in advance!Amari is girl friendly. But it is full of Arab families. Nothing wrong with that except your walk of shame would be that much worse! Not sure about the other one. If you are staying in that area, check out Majestic Suites.

Optional1
02-06-16, 19:23
Amari is girl friendly. But it is full of Arab families. Nothing wrong with that except your walk of shame would be that much worse! Not sure about the other one. If you are staying in that area, check out Majestic Suites.

Thanks buddy. I actually ended up staying at Majestic Suites. It was perfect!

Syzygies
02-09-16, 05:01
Overall a good stay, but I may pick something closer to Cowboy next time. But nothing to take away from Majestic.My favorite Hotels close to Cowboy, in order from most preferred (more expensive) and downward.

No. 4 maybe the cheapest and best value for money.

1. Column Hotel (fabulous views). Soi 16.
2. Grand Millenium (when they have a special on the price). Beds like sleeping on a cloud. Problem is bargain price doesn't always include things like internet, breakfast etc.
3. Grand Mercure Soi 19. Can get very large suite with Kitchenette sometimes for a good price. Good pool.
4. Mermaid Hotel (Soi 29 Alley) Good new budget Hotel. Very good value for money.
5. Admiral Premier. Good Rooms. Bathrooms a bit too small. Used to have excellent prices, but a bit too popular with Chinese tours now. Took 3 girls to the room once and they did not blink.

These days mostly prefer numbers 4 and 3, and 1 when have a good price available.

I have tried other Hotels such as:
AmoraNeoLuxe (Soi 31).
Furama Fx (Soi 21).
Silq (Soi 19).
Dream Hotel (Soi 15).
S31 (Good but not best value).
Novotel Soi 33 Getting to be too far from Cowboy but still just 10 min walk.
These were not as good as my recommended ones but okay.

Citadines (Soi 23).
Actually I did not like this one however Wolven likes it. Staff had bad attitude. Hard beds, breakfast variety not best, can't remember if other issues, too long ago. GF did not really like it either.

May have tried el cheapo ones like Darjelling and Baan but were probably below my standard and can't remember them too well now. My buddy stayed in Mainhatten (Soi 15) and City Lodge (Soi 19) for budget price but these are below my minimum standard.

Robert Long
02-10-16, 03:38
My favorite Hotels close to Cowboy, in order from most preferred (more expensive) and downward.

2. Grand Millenium (when they have a special on the price). Beds like sleeping on a cloud. Problem is bargain price doesn't always include things like internet, breakfast etc.
3. Grand Mercure Soi 19. Can get very large suite with Kitchenette sometimes for a good price. Good pool.
4. Mermaid Hotel (Soi 29 Alley) Good new budget Hotel. Very good value for money.
5. Admiral Premier. Good Rooms. Bathrooms a bit too small. Used to have excellent prices, but a bit too popular with Chinese tours now. Took 3 girls to the room once and they did not blink.

These days mostly prefer numbers 4 and 3, and 1 when have a good price available.

AmoraNeoLuxe (Soi 31).
Furama Fx (Soi 21).
Silq (Soi 19).
Dream Hotel (Soi 15).

Citadines (Soi 23).
Actually I did not like this one however Wolven likes it. Staff had bad attitude. Hard beds, breakfast variety not best, can't remember if other issues, too long ago. GF did not really like it either.

May have tried el cheapo ones like Darjelling and Baan but were probably below my standard and can't remember them too well now. My buddy stayed in Mainhatten (Soi 15) and City Lodge (Soi 19) for budget price but these are below my minimum standard.I just stayed in the Ambassador Tower for a few days and it was nice. Price was good, breakfast very good with an international spread and the security is tops. 20 baht to take a girl into the hotel which is good and they call you when she retrieve's her ID. Asking if everything is ok and in order.

Taxi's on Soi 11 are real hustlers and expensive, great outdoor resto across from the Hotel.

The location is great with Nana train station on the corner, a 7/11 across the street and DR BJ right around the block.

I would stay again.

I have also stayed at the Mermaid. Get the corer room with the huge Stone bath tub, a delight. Right across from Soi 22 if you like to check out the Oilly's.

RL.

Syzygies
02-10-16, 09:16
Taxi's on Soi 11 are real hustlers and expensive, great outdoor resto across from the Hotel.
My tip. If a taxi is parked, don't even waste your time talking to the driver. 90% of parked taxis are bad. Do I exaggerate?

Always signal a taxi that is passing to get a much better price, hopefully on the meter.

Company "All Taxi Thai" yellow cars are very good as they must use meter and cannot refuse a customer. Look for the sign on doors. They are using Hybrid drive Toyotas and have better smoother driving behavior than average. They are on company salary only, so no reason to misbehave. They have cameras in taxi to monitor driver behaves well too.

DeathWish
02-10-16, 09:44
Hey,

Me and 3 of my buddies will be reaching BKK on 26 of March, We are looking for girl Friendly and Decent accommodation in the Sukhumwit Area. Had stayed in Icheckinn in Soi 11 last time around was looking for a bit more Higher end kinda room.

Any suggestions.

Wolvenvacht
02-10-16, 13:07
I just stayed in the Ambassador Tower for a few days and it was nice. Price was good, breakfast very good with an international spread and the security is tops. 20 baht to take a girl into the hotel which is good and they call you when she retrieve's her ID. Asking if everything is ok and in order.
20 baht to take the girl in the hotel? What a silly price. Wouldn't administration and accounting of such a small sum actually cost them more?

Maybe you should have asked the reception desk for a receipt?

Collateral2
02-10-16, 21:18
Anyone knows if Citrus Sukhumvit 11 is girl friendly?

Mongo69
02-10-16, 22:17
Has anyone had luck finding nice clean "guest friendly" accommodations through Airbnb? Or is it just worth spending the extra $10 on a decent hotel? Oh and anyone stayed at Aspen suites?

Brazil Traveller
02-10-16, 22:24
Thanks for the tips, very helpful as I am currently looking for a hotel in the Asoke area. Do you know anything about the Radisson Blu Plaza, which I am considering at the moment?

My favorite Hotels close to Cowboy, in order from most preferred (more expensive) and downward.

These days mostly prefer numbers 4 and 3, and 1 when have a good price available..

MichaelSamuel
02-11-16, 07:41
Grand Centre Point T21 is one of my favorites for Bangkok when you can get a good price. MRT, BTS, close enough to cowboy can even use it for short time, 1 stop from massage shops on 24, direct MRT access for the high end parlors, and on top of T21 with plenty of food options and a market.

AmoraNeoLuxe (Soi 31).
Furama Fx (Soi 21).
Silq (Soi 19).
Dream Hotel (Soi 15).

Citadines (Soi 23).

May have tried el cheapo ones like Darjelling and Baan but were probably below my standard and can't remember them too well now. My buddy stayed in Mainhatten (Soi 15) and City Lodge (Soi 19) for budget price but these are below my minimum standard.

Syzygies
02-11-16, 10:26
Thanks for the tips, very helpful as I am currently looking for a hotel in the Asoke area. Do you know anything about the Radisson Blu Plaza, which I am considering at the moment?I have noticed this and its pretty new and in a good location approx. Near Soi 27. That is a very short walk to Soi 23 and cowboy and also short distance to both BTS (sky train) and MRT (underground). I am sure various websites will show it as highly rated like other Radisson places.

I am sure Radisson could be much better than my recommended budget hotel Mermaid, but significantly more expensive as well. Probably cheaper than Grand Centrepoint T21 and Column Hotels except when they have specials, at a guess.

Sunlover2
02-11-16, 11:41
20 baht to take the girl in the hotel? What a silly price. Wouldn't administration and accounting of such a small sum actually cost them more?Sounds like a tip amount for the security guard. I will often give the fellow at the security desk 100 baht and ask him to call me in the room to make sure everything is ok before returning the ladies ID.

SL.

Syzygies
02-11-16, 12:19
20 baht to take the girl in the hotel? What a silly price. Wouldn't administration and accounting of such a small sum actually cost them more?

Maybe you should have asked the reception desk for a receipt?Probably a charge to Photostat copy her ID card. My guess. Maybe same charge if guest wants a photocopy of any personal document page made.

Brazil Traveller
02-11-16, 15:09
Thanks for your comments Syzygies, good to hear the location is fine, and in terms of price you sound right. The Column Hotel is fully booked for the period of my stay unfortunately. I had some doubts about the Radisson Blu as I don't see it listed in the sites on guest friendly hotels, but from their reply I have just received to my email on this is sounds like they are, so probably they are not mentioned in those websites just as they are quite new.

I have noticed this and its pretty new and in a good location approx. Near Soi 27. That is a very short walk to Soi 23 and cowboy and also short distance to both BTS (sky train) and MRT (underground). I am sure various websites will show it as highly rated like other Radisson places.

I am sure Radisson could be much better than my recommended budget hotel Mermaid, but significantly more expensive as well. Probably cheaper than Grand Centrepoint T21 and Column Hotels except when they have specials, at a guess.

Member #4698
02-11-16, 15:22
I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a few nights on my 2nd to last trip and I liked it. The rooms are modern and well appointed. The lobby and restaurant are large and ornate. The breakfast buffet is much better than the one at Admiral Premeire and slightly better than the one at the Fraser and T21 Centre Point, but not as good as the buffet at the Executive Apartment Thonglor Marriott. The Raddisson Blu pool is kind of small considering the size of this hotel, but there were usually only a few guests, if any taking advantage of it, so my girl and I pretty much had it to ourselves in the afternoon. I liked the location being on the cleaner (ha ha) side of Asok and easy walking distance to both Cowboy and the Soi 24 massage parlors.

Note: this hotel likes to think of itself as a luxury hotel in the same league as the Sofitel. Personally I think their rack rate is too high and not justified, but the hotel does offer discounts from time to time. I have seen them offer a rate as low as $85/ night for their grand deluxe room on the Radisson Hotel web site. This is a pretty good deal. After my initial stay in March 2015, they offered me a Carlson Club Credit Card (USA Bank) which included a whole bunch of perks and free nights. As a result I will be back at the Raddisson Blu for 5 free nights very soon. Then after that, I will move on to the Fraser Suites Hotel (deluxe 1 bedroom suite) on Soi 11 for 10 nights. And later I will finish up at the Admiral Premier Hotel on Soi 23 (Admiral Suite), an old favorite. As you can see, I like to move around Sukhumvit, BKK usually every 8 days or so over the course of my 4 week BKK visits. It is interesting how a little move can mix things up and keep everything lively. Staying at the Raddison Blu location, for example, is a very different experience than staying on Soi 11.

Brazil Traveller
02-11-16, 17:25
Thanks for these insights Natty, it is always good to get the confirmation the hotel is guest friendly by someone who has actually been there, and also that the rooms are comfortable. I'll be in Bangkok twice during this trip in Thailand, so I may well experiment two different areas of Sukhumvit as well, which sounds like a good idea.

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a few nights on my 2nd to last trip and I liked it. The rooms are modern and well appointed. The lobby and restaurant are large and ornate. The breakfast buffet is much better than the one at Admiral Premeire and slightly better than the one at the Fraser and T21 Centre Point, but not as good as the buffet at the Executive Apartment Thonglor Marriott. The Raddisson Blu pool is kind of small considering the size of this hotel, but there were usually only a few guests, if any taking advantage of it, so my girl and I pretty much had it to ourselves in the afternoon. I liked the location being on the cleaner (ha ha) side of Asok and easy walking distance to both Cowboy and the Soi 24 massage parlors.

Note: this hotel likes to think of itself as a luxury hotel in the same league as the Sofitel. Personally I think their rack rate is too high and not justified, but the hotel does offer discounts from time to time. I have seen them offer a rate as low as $85/ night for their grand deluxe room on the Radisson Hotel web site. This is a pretty good deal. After my initial stay in March 2015, they offered me a Carlson Club Credit Card (USA Bank) which included a whole bunch of perks and free nights. As a result I will be back at the Raddisson Blu for 5 free nights very soon. Then after that, I will move on to the Fraser Suites Hotel (deluxe 1 bedroom suite) on Soi 11 for 10 nights. And later I will finish up at the Admiral Premier Hotel on Soi 23 (Admiral Suite), an old favorite. As you can see, I like to move around Sukhumvit, BKK usually every 8 days or so over the course of my 4 week BKK visits. It is interesting how a little move can mix things up and keep everything lively. Staying at the Raddison Blu location, for example, is a very different experience than staying on Soi 11.

Robert Long
02-11-16, 18:42
Probably a charge to Photostat copy her ID card. My guess. Maybe same charge if guest wants a photocopy of any personal document page made.You are correct, that is what the security guard said. And I agree with this policy and the call to check that everything was in order before they returned her card.

When I bring a lady into my room I always put my Rolex and Hand phone and any big cash in the safe. I leave a few small bills on the desk. Not that I don't trust them but why take the chance.

RL.

Allover
02-12-16, 06:53
Has anybody stayed at Continent Hotel on Sukhumvit between Asoke and Soi 23? It appears to be a beautiful modern hotel. Would love to stay there but rates seem to be about USD $125-$150 night. Out of my price range (approx. $65/ night) but a fantastic location next to Soi Cowboy. People here never talk about this hotel. Does anybody have any info?

Stykler
02-12-16, 10:36
Staying at the Raddison Blu location, for example, is a very different experience than staying on Soi 11.Your post are very informative Natty. Thanks.

P.S. Your pockets are deeper than mine though. Well done!

Syzygies
02-12-16, 18:19
When I bring a lady into my room I always put my Rolex and Hand phone and any big cash in the safe. I leave a few small bills on the desk. Not that I don't trust them but why take the chance.

RL.In general MP and bargirls are fairly safe, as their work location is known, and also if their ID is being taken by the Hotel.

I generally use ST Hotels and have no valuable other than phone, money and credit cards. If girl tried to leave in a hurry on her own I hope the ST Hotel staff would stop her. However I never had any problem with a girl. I would not carry any very large quantity of cash with me, nor anything super valuable. It just tempts fate.

Keeping valuables in the safe never goes amiss of course. Just allows your mind to be relaxed.

Freelancer girls are generally more risky, so make sure their ID card is checked. I guess they still could use a fake one. Have heard of guys being drugged by freelancers. Never heard anything like that re bargirls.

BigRig2007
02-15-16, 20:17
I double booked this hotel for these nights (3/12 and 3/13). I booked the non-cancellation rates so I have two rooms at this hotel. It anyone wants to use it for these two nights, shoot me a PM. I booked a Grande Premier room with breakfast. I'm not sure what the transfer policy is but would be happy to check in and kick down the key to someone. I'm not getting a refund anyway so hate for it to go unused. This will be my first time in Thailand so, I've just learned my first lesson about booking on Agoda. Book the cancelable rates!

BigRig2007
02-15-16, 23:41
I double booked this hotel for these nights (3/12 and 3/13). I booked the non-cancellation rates so I have two rooms at this hotel. It anyone wants to use it for these two nights, shoot me a PM. I booked a Grande Premier room with breakfast. I'm not sure what the transfer policy is but would be happy to check in and kick down the key to someone. I'm not getting a refund anyway so hate for it to go unused. This will be my first time in Thailand so, I've just learned my first lesson about booking on Agoda. Book the cancelable rates!Am willing to see if I can transfer the room to someone but not going to check in and leave it to someone. I forgot about incidentals and all that. Momentary lapse of reason. Haha. I don't arrive in BKK till around 6:00 pm on 3/12.

Blanquiceleste
02-16-16, 01:02
Am willing to see if I can transfer the room to someone but not going to check in and leave it to someone. I forgot about incidentals and all that. Momentary lapse of reason. Haha. I don't arrive in BKK till around 6:00 pm on 3/12.Incidentals aside, you don't know just what might happen in that room which is reserved and checked in under your name. Something real bad goes down and its your ass in the cooler.

You may want to even check with the hotel if they will give you a credit note for 2 nights that you can use on a future visit (if you plan one, that is). Worth a try, you got nothing more to lose.

Wolvenvacht
02-16-16, 08:03
I double booked this hotel for these nights (3/12 and 3/13). I booked the non-cancellation rates so I have two rooms at this hotel. It anyone wants to use it for these two nights, shoot me a PM. I booked a Grande Premier room with breakfast. I'm not sure what the transfer policy is but would be happy to check in and kick down the key to someone. I'm not getting a refund anyway so hate for it to go unused. This will be my first time in Thailand so, I've just learned my first lesson about booking on Agoda. Book the cancelable rates!Last year I did a similar stupid thing on www.booking.com. I just called their customer care and within an hour my double booking was deleted without any cost.

Doesn't have Agoda a customer care desk you can call?

Pipe Layer99
02-16-16, 08:15
Sounds like a tip amount for the security guard. I will often give the fellow at the security desk 100 baht and ask him to call me in the room to make sure everything is ok before returning the ladies ID.
SL.They should do that for free. That's their job. When I stay at hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya, they always call.

Travel Lucid
02-16-16, 08:49
Just to say that I concur with NB's view on the Raddisson Blu. It's modern, very well located but not really a Luxury Hotel.

Also, I am a Carlson Club Member. A short time back I was a concierge level member, which came with all sorts of goodies, but was downgraded a level since not doing so much business travel.

However when in Europe, they always seem manage some sort of upgrade. Not here, on two visits.

On my last trip to this hotel they informed me that I had to book directly via their website or directly with the hotel to get points accrued. Bummer, as I typically find good " package rates" incl flights via the aggregator sites (Expedia, etc). They said that " all Far East hotel loyalty schemes do this".

Kinda subverts the point of a loyalty scheme. To my mind.

.....Note: this hotel likes to think of itself as a luxury hotel in the same league as the Sofitel. Personally I think their rack rate is too high and not justified, but the hotel does offer discounts from time to time. I have seen them offer a rate as low as $85/ night for their grand deluxe room on the Radisson Hotel web site. This is a pretty good deal. After my initial stay in March 2015, they offered me a Carlson Club Credit Card (USA Bank) which included a whole bunch of perks and free nights. As a result I will be back at the Raddisson Blu for 5 free nights very soon. ....

LA Guy 5
02-16-16, 10:25
Just to say that I concur with NB's view on the Raddisson Blu. It's modern, very well located but not really a Luxury Hotel.

Also, I am a Carlson Club Member. A short time back I was a concierge level member, which came with all sorts of goodies, but was downgraded a level since not doing so much business travel.

However when in Europe, they always seem manage some sort of upgrade. Not here, on two visits.

On my last trip to this hotel they informed me that I had to book directly via their website or directly with the hotel to get points accrued. Bummer, as I typically find good " package rates" incl flights via the aggregator sites (Expedia, etc). They said that " all Far East hotel loyalty schemes do this".

Kinda subverts the point of a loyalty scheme. To my mind.That policy is rather typical in my experience. For example, Starwood and Hyatt only give points or other perks associated with their frequent guest programs to those who book directly with them. I'm pretty sure that's the case with most other programs.

BionicMan
02-16-16, 11:08
That policy is rather typical in my experience. For example, Starwood and Hyatt only give points or other perks associated with their frequent guest programs to those who book directly with them. I'm pretty sure that's the case with most other programs.Correct. They now all do it.

BionicMan
02-16-16, 11:12
I double booked this hotel for these nights (3/12 and 3/13). I booked the non-cancellation rates so I have two rooms at this hotel. It anyone wants to use it for these two nights, shoot me a PM. I booked a Grande Premier room with breakfast. I'm not sure what the transfer policy is but would be happy to check in and kick down the key to someone. I'm not getting a refund anyway so hate for it to go unused. This will be my first time in Thailand so, I've just learned my first lesson about booking on Agoda. Book the cancelable rates!Email to the booking website. They will see it is a double booking.

There is always a 24 hrs grace period to adjust these mistakes.

I once booked a wrong week with a non refundable rate and they kindly adjusted the booking by keeping the initial payment value for the second booking.

GDreams
02-16-16, 13:53
That policy is rather typical in my experience. For example, Starwood and Hyatt only give points or other perks associated with their frequent guest programs to those who book directly with them. I'm pretty sure that's the case with most other programs.They all have best rate guarantee programs so you can book the same or better rate via the hotels system. For SPG they reward you with a further 20% off the alternate websites rate. These days I rarely pay full rates from the hotel websites.

BigRig2007
02-16-16, 19:38
Email to the booking website. They will see it is a double booking.

There is always a 24 hrs grace period to adjust these mistakes.

I once booked a wrong week with a non refundable rate and they kindly adjusted the booking by keeping the initial payment value for the second booking.Thanks for the advice. I called Agoda and it looks like they will fix the issue. They told me that they were unable to speak to the hotel reception right now but they will, most likely, allow the cancellation, since the other room I booked is much more $$ than the initial booking. Many thanks for your advice.

Wolvenvacht
02-16-16, 20:03
That policy is rather typical in my experience. For example, Starwood and Hyatt only give points or other perks associated with their frequent guest programs to those who book directly with them. I'm pretty sure that's the case with most other programs.Given that those aggregators (Expedia and such) or websites such as Agoda or Booking charge the hotel up to 20% commission fee, I can understand why the hotel doesn't want to upgrade you and rather limit giving the bonus points to customers that cut out the middle man.

BigRig2007
02-17-16, 04:15
Thanks for the advice. I called Agoda and it looks like they will fix the issue. They told me that they were unable to speak to the hotel reception right now but they will, most likely, allow the cancellation, since the other room I booked is much more $$ than the initial booking. Many thanks for your advice.Just got the email from Agoda. They canceled my other booking and refunded me! Thanks again for the advice. Really appreciated!

Syzygies
02-19-16, 04:24
They all have best rate guarantee programs so you can book the same or better rate via the hotels system. For SPG they reward you with a further 20% off the alternate websites rate. These days I rarely pay full rates from the hotel websites.That was a bit brief. Can you teach us more about how this is done?

Sunlover2
02-20-16, 22:47
They should do that for free. That's their job. When I stay at hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya, they always call.Not sure the point of your post. Hotel maids and bellmen are also doing their job when they provide you a service; and some people tip them and some people don't.

SL.