PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Red Kilt
08-08-16, 07:03
Anyone stayed at both who can compare and contrast them? I have stayed at the JW Marriott before so I know it, but both are about the same price this time around. I usually stay at the GCP21 or in thonglor, but wanted something close to Nana for 2 nights and not having to deal with the annoying taxi drivers. I do like a nice pool so that info would be appreciated as well.Go back and read Posts 5665,5666, 5668 and 5711 for some answers.

Dominus22
08-10-16, 20:16
Hello,

I am in Bangkok from 15.08 - 28.08. 2016 in the Pullman Bangkok Hotel G.

Does anybody knows if the take a Lady charge?

Thanks for you help.

Zauberfee
08-12-16, 04:54
Does anybody knows if the take a Lady charge?They don't charge you anything for a joiner.

Syzygies
08-12-16, 17:41
Anyone stayed at both who can compare and contrast them? I have stayed at the JW Marriott before so I know it, but both are about the same price this time around. I usually stay at the GCP21 or in thonglor, but wanted something close to Nana for 2 nights and not having to deal with the annoying taxi drivers. I do like a nice pool so that info would be appreciated as well.I don't have taxi hassles much other than bad drivers whose foot goes up and down on accelerator and brakes.

Simple rules (given plenty of times already):

Do not speak to taxi drivers that have left their vehicle.

Do not go to parked taxis.

Simply walk a short distance away from bar area to where taxis are passing and hail a moving taxi with no passenger. If you happen to get an All Thai Taxi with blue Map of Thailand, so much the better, but moving taxis are mostly no problem.

Wolvenvacht
08-13-16, 08:40
If you happen to get an All Thai Taxi with blue Map of Thailand, so much the better, but moving taxis are mostly no problem.What's so especially good with these "Al Thai" taxis? Do they pay you a commission? (wink wink).

Titanio
08-13-16, 22:25
What's so especially good with these "Al Thai" taxis? Do they pay you a commission? (wink wink).That are taxi's that are rented for a day or a shift. So taxi driver does not own the car and thus less change they fiddle with the meter. Any other scam still possible of course.

Wolvenvacht
08-14-16, 09:28
That are taxi's that are rented for a day or a shift. So taxi driver does not own the car and thus less change they fiddle with the meter. Any other scam still possible of course.Good to know. Although I never had a cabbie in Bangkok try to scam me. Of course some try to agree on a fixed price for the ride. I just smile and ask for a metered ride. They all relent and I always got there cheaper than the fixed price.

Syzygies
08-14-16, 11:42
What's so especially good with these "Al Thai" taxis? Do they pay you a commission? (wink wink).The Drivers of All Thai taxis do not own the taxi nor rent it. They are employees on a salary. They are not permitted to refuse a customer, almost no matter where you are going to, short or long distance, and always use the meter. Maybe they can refuse customers that are very drunk, I don't know. There is a video camera monitoring at times the driver performance, to make sure he is performing well. You do not seem to find drivers in a big hurry and having very jerky driving. They are there to give their best performance to the customer to get their salary. The cars are Prius Hybrid, very smooth and quiet. The taxis are maintained in perfect condition and mostly very new vehicles. Never had one with bad odours, or annoying drivers.

There are places where you are very unlikely to find an All Thai taxi, since the people get to know they are good and grab them quickly on Sukhumvit. The All Thai taxis never make it to Cowboy before getting taken. I have always caught them in other areas.

You will never have problems of any sort with an All Thai taxi in my experience. They are virtually perfect. As you know, I am not affiliated with any establishment or company. Perhaps a few places, I am a regular customer, and they know me. I just give credit where it is due. I only write what I believe to be the case.

All you guys that live here and use Taxis should know about this subject by now. I am only here 35% of the time, or so. I do use taxis frequently though, as do not wish to drive my own car in Bangkok, and BTS not always convenient.

EihTooms
08-14-16, 22:43
*snip*

You will never have problems of any sort with an All Thai taxi in my experience. They are virtually perfect. As you know, I am not affiliated with any establishment or company. Perhaps a few places, I am a regular customer, and they know me. I just give credit where it is due. I only write what I believe to be the case.

All you guys that live here and use Taxis should know about this subject by now. I am only here 35% of the time, or so. I do use taxis frequently though, as do not wish to drive my own car in Bangkok, and BTS not always convenient.The initial roll-out of the first 40 All Thai Taxis in Bangkok was only at the end of April last year. It isn't as though this has been going on for years and years right under our noses without us noticing it. And, as it has been for Wolvenvacht, I suspect very few of us guys living here have ever had a serious enough problem with a taxi to warrant searching out a blessed remedy to it. Good to know about it though, just in case I do encounter a bad run of taxi problems someday.

ALL THAI TAXI:
http://www.forbesthailand.com/news-detail.php?did=385

Syzygies
08-15-16, 04:39
The initial roll-out of the first 40 All Thai Taxis in Bangkok was only at the end of April last year. It isn't as though this has been going on for years and years right under our noses without us noticing it. And, as it has been for Wolvenvacht, I suspect very few of us guys living here have ever had a serious enough problem with a taxi to warrant searching out a blessed remedy to it. Good to know about it though, just in case I do encounter a bad run of taxi problems someday.

ALL THAI TAXI:
http://www.forbesthailand.com/news-detail.php?did=385Quoting the initial startup of 40 taxis is quite misleading. 500 vehicles last year. A driver told me another large batch of vehicles would be added this year , I can't remember when exactly. They are not scarce as hen's teeth. Maybe one in every 50 taxis. I have been in one at least 3 times to date. Not many times but was a good experience. First time was probably this year.

Sure I don't have problems really serious with taxis. However 50% of taxi drivers are annoying the way they make the ride so jerky by foot pumping the accelerator and brakes. Some make the trip unpleasant. Some taxis just stink.

Another guy quoted serious problems with taxis parked near to certain places. E. g. Not wanting to use the meter for a start and quoting silly prices I assume.

If you got in a taxi and it was a Toyota Prius Hybrid, I would expect most guys to notice something was different. Naturally I chatted to the driver and got more info.

EihTooms
08-15-16, 07:37
Quoting the initial startup of 40 taxis is quite misleading. 500 vehicles last year. A driver told me another large batch of vehicles would be added this year , I can't remember when exactly. They are not scarce as hen's teeth. Maybe one in every 50 taxis. I have been in one at least 3 times to date. Not many times but was a good experience. First time was probably this year.

Sure I don't have problems really serious with taxis. However 50% of taxi drivers are annoying the way they make the ride so jerky by foot pumping the accelerator and brakes. Some make the trip unpleasant. Some taxis just stink.

Another guy quoted serious problems with taxis parked near to certain places. E. g. Not wanting to use the meter for a start and quoting silly prices I assume.

If you got in a taxi and it was a Toyota Prius Hybrid, I would expect most guys to notice something was different. Naturally I chatted to the driver and got more info.I didn't say there were only 40 All Thai Taxis in operation. There was nothing quite misleading about what I quoted with a verifying link included. Not even vaguely misleading.

Still, it's good of you to share the information here, despite the unnecessary attempt at one-up-manship. Thanks.

Syzygies
08-15-16, 09:45
Still, it's good of you to share the information here, despite the unnecessary attempt at one-up-manship. Thanks.No more so than yourself. I did not want people to think All Thai taxis were so scarce as 40 taxis. I do see them every day. White Map of Thailand against a blue square background. They stand out.

Yes, guys complained about taxi problems. I try to contribute on aspects of avoiding problems. We don't have a lot of taxi problems because we play it smarter, from experience, right. We know about taxi drivers approaching us near a bar area are bad news, and to be avoided. There are lots of traps in Thailand for newbies.

People that approach you on the footpath, are not all just trying to be helpful. Ha Ha. I ignore them. I can ask for help when I need it, I don't need people asking where I am going. Maybe not everyone is as so impolite as to not even answer them. LOL.

Years ago I once stayed at the Amari Atrium. Very bad location. All taxis parked at the Hotel were problematic in that they did not want to take us to places we wanted to go to. It was like they two destinations only, airport or jewellery shops. We want to go to MBK? Forget it. Had to walk out to the main road and try to hail down a taxi, and was an awkward spot to get one. Not many available taxis passed the spot at all, and competition to get one was strong.

Would have been useful to telephone to a good taxi company if I had the number at the time.

MichaelSamuel
08-16-16, 01:37
I have definitly had problems. Last November couldn't get taxi from Soi 4 back to Asoke. Flagged down 3 going that way on sukhimvit and all wanted 150 to go that little distance. I was willing to accept off meter and a little extra since I had girl in tow, but not 150. We just gave up and walked it since it wasn't bad out. Also had 1 airport experience were he didn't want to use meter, but was able to talk him down to reasonable price. Anyone used the grabtaxi app yet? Bangkok has uber, but only real nice black cars so comes with a premium, but if you want a nicer ride it's an easy option.

No more so than yourself. I did not want people to think All Thai taxis were so scarce as 40 taxis. I do see them every day. White Map of Thailand against a blue square background. They stand out.

Yes, guys complained about taxi problems. I try to contribute on aspects of avoiding problems. We don't have a lot of taxi problems because we play it smarter, from experience, right. We know about taxi drivers approaching us near a bar area are bad news, and to be avoided. There are lots of traps in Thailand for newbies.

People that approach you on the footpath, are not all just trying to be helpful. Ha Ha. I ignore them. I can ask for help when I need it, I don't need people asking where I am going. Maybe not everyone is as so impolite as to not even answer them. LOL.

Years ago I once stayed at the Amari Atrium. Very bad location. All taxis parked at the Hotel were problematic in that they did not want to take us to places we wanted to go to. It was like they two destinations only, airport or jewellery shops. We want to go to MBK? Forget it. Had to walk out to the main road and try to hail down a taxi, and was an awkward spot to get one. Not many available taxis passed the spot at all, and competition to get one was strong.

Would have been useful to telephone to a good taxi company if I had the number at the time.

Banana Boi
08-16-16, 06:59
I'm surprised a girl agreed to walk from Nana to Asoke. She must have been hurting for business.

A taxi wanted 100 to go 2 minutes from Thermae last week. My girl demanded a meter and the driver refused. She yelled at the driver and suggested we walk. I handed her 100 baht on the spot and rewarded her with a roti on the way to the hotel. I thought that was pretty good of her to save my money.

Syzygies
08-16-16, 07:14
I have definitly had problems. Last November couldn't get taxi from Soi 4 back to Asoke. Flagged down 3 going that way on sukhimvit and all wanted 150 to go that little distance. I was willing to accept off meter and a little extra since I had girl in tow, but not 150. We just gave up and walked it since it wasn't bad out. Also had 1 airport experience were he didn't want to use meter, but was able to talk him down to reasonable price. Anyone used the grabtaxi app yet? Bangkok has uber, but only real nice black cars so comes with a premium, but if you want a nicer ride it's an easy option.If you want to go to Asoke, cross over Sukumvit road and stand near to Soi 5. It is much easier to get a passing taxi from there. I usually have no problems from there. I do not hail taxis in Soi 4 normally. Its a bad place. Also they perhaps cannot turn right into Sukhumvit?

Paolo99
08-16-16, 11:21
So upon looking several hotels Syzygies, I ran a cross this hotel the key Sukhumvit, which seems good. I think I'm going to book here. Anyone stayed here before? If not I will post reviews on this place after stay.I checked that place 2 years ago (didn't stay there, just had a look at the rooms) and if I remember well the rooms had no windows.

MichaelSamuel
08-17-16, 02:34
Oh I did, I don't ever try from the wrong direction if I can get across sukumvit. These were all already headed that direction down sukumvit which meant that after refusing to be reasonable unless they picked up a fare around soi 11 then went the whole way I wanted to go without a baht. Was only headed to grande centre point T21 so was on the way. She was cool with it, and rewarded her for it later. This was probably the worst of my taxi experiences. 0/3 for an easy fare just really annoyed me.

If you want to go to Asoke, cross over Sukumvit road and stand near to Soi 5. It is much easier to get a passing taxi from there. I usually have no problems from there. I do not hail taxis in Soi 4 normally. Its a bad place. Also they perhaps cannot turn right into Sukhumvit?

MichaelSamuel
08-17-16, 03:55
I was interested in hearing others experiences with hotel price shopping in the sukumvit area and if anyone has had luck at larger properties with walk in price discounts. I tried a couple years ago on doing the walk in and see what price they would do but was unsuccessful in getting any deals, in fact at the westin the price I could get online with just a standard corporate discount code was better than what they would offer. I tend to book rooms as soon as I firm up plans enough to make a reasonable guess and always book no cancellation options in case things change. I have a reasonable amount of free time at work so I often recheck prices and the last few years I have rarely found that the price gets any cheaper despite season or proximity to check-in. Perhaps this is just a sign of continually strong tourist, even if not monger, demand? I am sure smaller properties that are less likely to be corporate owned are still more willing to deal, but the big properties seem to be locking up reservations as early as possible and not taking any actions to fill rooms? As example I booked the landmark and marriott executive apts at the beginning of August for a quick trip over labor day (us holiday, don't know if any other countries share the 5th or not) week (Sept. 5-11). I have been tracking prices on both and they have both gone up, even after the bombings a couple weeks ago. To check prices I usually hit their individual websites and agoda (since it should show wholesaling discounts). This has been typical of my experiences last few years, a month or more out gets the best price. This includes even looking at the pay ahead price closer to the trip once my dates are more set in stone, but even then the price is no better than what I already have. Interested if anyone else has noticed or tracked anything similar?

Gypsie King
08-17-16, 04:51
I agree with Michael Samuel, when I am in Bangkok, I use GrabTaxi when I know a taxi will be difficult to get (I mean one that will accept the ride with meter). And when I need a ride in a more classy car, grab has also the option to get a classier ride (black toyota camry most of the time).

GK.

I have definitly had problems. Last November couldn't get taxi from Soi 4 back to Asoke. Flagged down 3 going that way on sukhimvit and all wanted 150 to go that little distance. I was willing to accept off meter and a little extra since I had girl in tow, but not 150. We just gave up and walked it since it wasn't bad out. Also had 1 airport experience were he didn't want to use meter, but was able to talk him down to reasonable price. Anyone used the grabtaxi app yet? Bangkok has uber, but only real nice black cars so comes with a premium, but if you want a nicer ride it's an easy option.

Kumbu
08-17-16, 08:18
I was interested in hearing others experiences with hotel price shopping in the sukumvit area and if anyone has had luck at larger properties with walk in price discounts. I tried a couple years ago on doing the walk in and see what price they would do but was unsuccessful in getting any deals, in fact at the westin the price I could get online with just a standard corporate discount code was better than what they would offer. Likewise, a couple of years ago, I really tried the walk-in angle to see what the difference was. Every single time I tried to do a walk-in, the cost was either the same or higher than an online advertised price. This was true in January, April, July and October, so it had little to do with demand. I did the same thing this last June with the Aya Boutique in Pattaya, and the walk in price was the same as the online price, though after negotiating a little, they kicked in a free breakfast, and a larger room for the price of the smaller room. So I got something out of it. Aya is a smaller hotel, and I suspect such freebies are more likely at the smaller hotels. In the end, I concluded that walk-ins are useful if one is trying to avoid making an online reservation (e. G. , if you want to pay cash without a CC trail, which was me), but you may end up paying a small premium for not booking ahead.

Syzygies
08-17-16, 08:34
Likewise, a couple of years ago, I really tried the walk-in angle to see what the difference was. Every single time I tried to do a walk-in, the cost was either the same or higher than an online advertised price. Simply, I agree. Walking into to Hotels either to look at rooms or to consider if price is right, is a thing of the distant past, and a waste of valuable time. It is the electronic web era. You have to book online really. I do not like sites that do not add the taxes to the price and thus quote a price that is not correct. Years ago I used to use travel agents in Bangkok to get a good price. Not any more. I wonder if travel agents have enough business to survive. Maybe a travel agent can still get a better price for flights out of Bangkok but even that I am not too sure.

BionicMan
08-17-16, 08:42
Simply, I agree. Walking into to Hotels either to look at rooms or to consider if price is right, is a thing of the distant past, and a waste of valuable time. It is the electronic web area. You have to book online really. Correct. Sometime, at the reception, they suggest you book online as cheaper this if you book with them at the counter.

Banana Boi
08-17-16, 08:46
If you don't get the same price as online just go to hotels.com and I assume Agoda, Booking, etc. and book it. The hotel will get the online reservation within minutes. Done this many times only time I had an issue was once in Germany when I had to wait 10 minutes for the booking to get to the hotel.

BionicMan
08-17-16, 08:49
If you want to go to Asoke, cross over Sukumvit road and stand near to Soi 5. It is much easier to get a passing taxi from there. I usually have no problems from there. I do not hail taxis in Soi 4 normally. Its a bad place. Also they perhaps cannot turn right into Sukhumvit?No, they cannot turn firm Soi 4 to sukhumvit direction Asoke.

In the evenjng you can't stop a taxi on sukhumvit for about 50 mtr from Soi 3. There is a clear police sign and often it is manned.

Just walk a bit toward Soi 5.

The silly thing of these taxi refusing to start the meter to Asoke or a bit beyond, is that they cruise in sukhmivt, you try to take them, they refuse to use the meter, you let them go, they keep on cruising aside you waking and waiting for the next one.

The stupid **** is just driving direction Asoke empty. For the principle of not using the meter.

TIT.

On the other hand last week at 9 pm, I exited nana Hotel for the airport and was resdy to walk to sukhumvit to grab a taxi meter, trusting those in Soi 4 would avoid that trying to pull 500 bsht form you for the ride.

There it stops one, disembarking some girls going to NEP, I motion him and he readily accepted the ride to BKK with the meter. Aside the tolls it was 280 baht.

But too much of a missed racing driver. 22 minutes later I was at the terminal after a nearly missed accident as he missed a junction.

Allover
08-17-16, 09:17
In May I stayed at Baraquda. I extended my stay two times. Both times I went to the front desk to see if I could get a better deal. Both times they told me their price would be higher than the online price and that I should book online. The Baraquda is an Accor property. There are some circumstances where you can get a better deal by walking in but those situations ae very rare now. The person behind the desk must have the authority to negotiate. Most desk clerks in Thailand do not have the authority to negotiate. Also there must be some excess room inventory the hotel feels may go unused.

In Thailand, especially Pattaya, I will ask to look at rooms in a hotel I am unfamiliar with. I do this for possible future stays. I tell the desk clerk I visit Pattaya very often and am looking for a different hotel to stay at either next week or on my next trip. The clerk will show me a room or two almost all of the time. Quality at Pattaya's lower and mid-priced hotels can vary a lot. I prefer to see what I am getting in advance especially if I am going to stay there for a week or two.

Syzygies
08-17-16, 09:33
Just walk a bit toward Soi 5.

The silly thing of these taxi refusing to start the meter to Asoke or a bit beyond, is that they cruise in sukhmivt, you try to take them, they refuse to use the meter, you let them go, they keep on cruising aside you waking and waiting for the next one.
I am rarely trying to take a taxi to just Asoke. I usually take a motorcycle which costs slightly more than a taxi but is much quicker (with no girl of course). Mostly Taxis from Soi 23 will go a very short distance to a Hotel without problem because its very quick 35 Baht for them.

Usually taxis just say no to me if they don't like my destination. This is usually when they think its a traffic jam and no customer on return journey from where I live. If they offer a reasonable price instead of the meter, I will take it, to save time. If the price is way out of line (usually they offer at least double a reasonable amount), I don't bother to dicker. Just wait for the next taxi who will say yes.

I guess that taxis hate going from Nana to Asoke because its a slow journey with long waits at the lights for a very low amount of money. Its almost the worst possible booking available. They would rather get a customer paying a lot more money of course. Offer them an attractive amount, all problems will be solved. LOL.

I don't think its a very good idea to stay near to Asoke for guys who like to get girls mostly from Nana. Better to stay in Sois 2 to 6 area, to make it really easy for the taxi ride or even be an easy walk. However, getting a taxi from near to Soi 5 is doable.

I often use a short time Hotel in a Soi 4 sub Soi (Jools on one corner opposite 7 Eleven and The Tavern on the other), called Di Place. This is much nicer than ST rooms actually located in the Nana Plaza.

BionicMan
08-17-16, 15:52
I am rarely trying to take a taxi to just Asoke.
I don't think its a very good idea to stay near to Asoke for guys who like to get girls mostly from Nana. Better to stay in Sois 2 to 6 area, to make it really easy for the taxi ride or even be an easy walk. However, getting a taxi from near to Soi 5 is doable.

I often use a short time Hotel in a Soi 4 sub Soi (Jools on one corner opposite 7 Eleven and The Tavern on the other), called Di Place. This is much nicer than ST rooms actually located in the Nana Plaza.Where one stays and go is anther story, OT. My point was that they seem to refuse the ride from Soi 3 DIRECTION Asoke. Actually I was heading to Soi 33) but Keep on cruising along Sukhumvit, empty and eventually reaching asole still empty.

Isn't it weird?

There are many theories and One is they don't like the long rides on the meter, as they prefer To do many short ones below the flag fare Of 35.

Ultimately those ones prefer to rip off the farang.

As to use the moto taxi I leave this to you. , be my guest. Not my cup of tea.

Whilst taking a taxi for a short or a long ride is in the freedom of anyone.

The flag fare of 35 minimum is set, worldwide, to compensate the taxi driver on very short hauls. And this entitles the passenger to take the taxi for the ride he wants, be it 500 mt or 5 km.

NemanLion
08-17-16, 17:03
Been in BKK for 2nd night now.

Staying at the Royal Princess. Not the most happening are but definitely girl-friendly.

2 girls coming to me in 2 days. No issues.

More in the reports section.

Syzygies
08-18-16, 08:00
Where one stays and go is anther story, OT. My point was that they seem to refuse the ride from Soi 3 DIRECTION Asoke. Actually I was heading to Soi 33) but Keep on cruising along Sukhumvit, empty and eventually reaching asole still empty.

Isn't it weird?

There are many theories and One is they don't like the long rides on the meter, as they prefer To do many short ones below the flag fare Of 35.
Weird? Not at all. You don't understand his point of view. Taxis do take very short 35 Baht rides if will be very quick, and like it, but they try to end up in a location not less desirable than where they started from. Many very quick 35 Bahts is a good way to make money. I am sure taxis around Soi 3 think there is a good chance to collect someone wanting to go a longer fare. They do not want to waste the chance by taking 35 Baht to Asoke, an extremely undesirable option, because it takes too much time to get the 35 Baht, being stuck long time at the Asoke intersection traffic lights, and they end up in a worse location for getting a higher fare than before. Too many taxis hanging around Cowboy already. I am sure they will accept if your destination is just down Soi 11, for example. Taxis around this area are more likely to accept a 100 Baht fare or higher if there is no perceived traffic jam. I do get some refusals to go beyond On Nut BTS. Each driver can have different views of a desirable fare. Easier just to accept that they don't want to go. Sometimes offering a suitable payment works, sometimes not.

Will they cruise right to Asoke? I don't know. However we can assume they understand the money making equation better than us. Better to look for a big fare. "All Thai" taxis have to take every fare, they are not allowed to refuse. Although I see them every day, they are not so plentiful yet.

I think there are 4 main reasons for taxi refusals:

1. It is near the end of their shift and cannot complete the job in time, or they have to be somewhere later. This is not the most common problem.
2. There is a bad traffic jam situation that means it will take far too long to earn the fee that the meter will give, or possibility to be stuck for a very long time.
3. The destination puts them in a very undesirable location for finding a fare to return or good ongoing fare.
4. They need to go get fuel, or go to the toilet.

Problems 2 and 3 are usually solvable by offering an attractive amount of money, which should normally be less than double the metered fare for problem 3.

I usually take motorcycles over short distances during bad traffic situations. No traffic, I would still take a taxi.

Syzygies
08-18-16, 08:09
Been in BKK for 2nd night now.

Staying at the Royal Princess. Not the most happening are but definitely girl-friendly.

2 girls coming to me in 2 days. No issues.

More in the reports section.Definitely a Strange location to stay for a monger, Lan Luang, but perhaps suits your business requirements. I had to look up where it was since have not even heard of Royal Princess.

I see it is not that far from Soapy "Sao Botan" in Rama VI Soi 13.

NemanLion
08-18-16, 17:11
Definitely a Strange location to stay for a monger, Lan Luang, but perhaps suits your business requirements. I had to look up where it was since have not even heard of Royal Princess.

I see it is not that far from Soapy "Sao Botan" in Rama VI Soi 13.I know, I wasn't too excited about the area myself, but then when you got everything preset and paid for, you can't be choosy!

Ricky81
08-20-16, 05:12
Friends,

Do anybody stayed in Studio Nana in Sukhvmit, any experience, I am planning to book, and also I will be checking in early in the morning and check out next day early morning, is there any good reasonable hotel which charges only for this time period, thanks.

Syzygies
08-20-16, 07:14
Friends,

Do anybody stayed in Studio Nana in Sukhvmit, any experience, I am planning to book, and also I will be checking in early in the morning and check out next day early morning, is there any good reasonable hotel which charges only for this time period, thanks.You don't say what time you plan to arrive at the Hotel.

Ricky81
08-20-16, 17:14
Mate,

Around 8 am to 9 am.

You don't say what time you plan to arrive at the Hotel.

Syzygies
08-21-16, 11:23
Mate,

Around 8 am to 9 am.In that case you may be allowed to check in early if the Hotel has rooms ready and waiting, without paying an extra day. Hotels try to make rooms available early if they have got them already cleaned the previous day. However if the Hotel was booked out the previous night, or someone else beat you to any available rooms you may have to wait for a room to be cleaned.

So pick a friendly Hotel not expected to be too full, and hope for the best. I have never booked the previous night when arriving at 9 am. Have not always been able to get a room straight away though. Cleaning staff may start work as early as 8 am, or earlier based on some customers checking out early.

Admiral Premier was a Hotel where I often had to wait a bit for a room when arriving 8AM simply because the Hotel was very full. They used to be very good value for money and heavily utilised by Chinese tours. So this Hotel would not be best choice in the modern day, in your circumstance.

It is naturally hard to specify the Hotel with best chances of a room ready to go. I don't think Hotels are into guaranteeing early check in unless you pay extra money for it. You probably have to just take your luck.

Ricky81
08-21-16, 12:06
Thanks buddy for the info.

In that case you may be allowed to check in early if the Hotel has rooms ready and waiting, without paying an extra day. Hotels try to make rooms available early if they have got them already cleaned the previous day. However if the Hotel was booked out the previous night, or someone else beat you to any available rooms you may have to wait for a room to be cleaned.

So pick a friendly Hotel not expected to be too full, and hope for the best. I have never booked the previous night when arriving at 9 am. Have not always been able to get a room straight away though. Cleaning staff may start work as early as 8 am, or earlier based on some customers checking out early.

Admiral Premier was a Hotel where I often had to wait a bit for a room when arriving 8AM simply because the Hotel was very full..

NemanLion
08-21-16, 13:44
On 8. Yes that's the name! Its all good. Had girl walk in with me last night. As well as today again.

No issues, other than that "I know what you doing" look!

Yin Yang
08-21-16, 19:24
Ricky81: Because flights from abroad often arrive in the morning, most hotels are used to this kind of request and try to accommodate it. Who wants to have tired and grumpy Europeans sitting in the lobby? If the hotel has rooms of different categories, choosing the higher one sometimes increases the chance of getting an "early check-in". Usually it does not cost much at all.

BionicMan
08-21-16, 19:32
Ricky81: Because flights from abroad often arrive in the morning, most hotels are used to this kind of request and try to accomodate it. Who wants to have tired and grumpy Europeans sitting in the lobby? If the hotel has rooms of different categories, choosing the higher one sometimes increases the chance of getting an "early check-in". Usually it does not cost much at all.I agree. If a room is available and one is also a regular customer he will get the room on arrival without a fuzz.

Last time I did a back up booking, to be in safe side.

Booked a deluxe room for the night prior the morning arrival (I was at the hotel,at 7am) and the regular booking from arrival night for a standard room.

In theory I should have checked out and move few hours after having got the deluxe room and check in the standard room.

Nicely they kept me the deluxe room for the whole stay, at no extra cost, so I didn't have to move.

Yin Yang
08-25-16, 06:22
Ricky81: Because flights from abroad often arrive in the morning, most hotels are used to this kind of request and try to accomodate it. Who wants to have tired and grumpy Europeans sitting in the lobby? If the hotel has rooms of different categories, choosing the higher one sometimes increases the chance of getting an "early check-in". Usually it does not cost much at all.Contrary to my own advice and previous experience, it just happened that I had to wait until 1:30 pm to check-in although I had booked a premium room at the Continent Hotel. So it does not always work. Otherwise a good hotel option, by the way. Rooms are ok and some quite spacious. Nice features like a sky bar on 38th floor. And of course, walking distance to SC and it is GF.

Eszpresszo
08-26-16, 00:46
I checked that place 2 years ago (didn't stay there, just had a look at the rooms) and if I remember well the rooms had no windows.That's not always a bad thing for some of us. I personally would love to block out street noise and daylight so I can sleep in, on my vacation. Most days at home, I can't sleep past 8 AM because of it. I understand the standard rooms and the "Chinese" rooms at Ruamchitt Plaza are windowless, or does anyone have feedback on that setup there.

Banana Boi
08-26-16, 16:17
I understand the standard rooms and the "Chinese" rooms at Ruamchitt Plaza are windowless, or does anyone have feedback on that setup there.I haven't stayed there but I believe only the cheaper rooms are windowless. Check on a site like hotels.com.

Jgm005
08-26-16, 20:39
I haven't stayed there but I believe only the cheaper rooms are windowless. Check on a site like hotels.com.I stayed there last month with the significant other due to its closeness to the Soi 15 Trendy building. We were in the cheapest room knowing it was a one night stay. There was a window overlooking a non descript courtyard. As for the room. Never, ever again will I or we stay there. The mattress was well, well used. Springs broken, sagging.

Eszpresszo
08-27-16, 02:06
I haven't stayed there but I believe only the cheaper rooms are windowless. Check on a site like hotels.com.I have to laugh at bit at that suggestion, because I used to work for H-com writing the descriptions, based on the material that was provided to us by the hotels. And you better believe they excluded a lot, based on the negative feedback I kept getting. Remember those stupid commercials h-com used to run about 10 years ago, where the platoon of gay looking nerds in black turtlenecks and pants jumped out commando style and scoped out the hotels? Yes, that was pure bullshit. The only places I ever visited were on my vacation time, and restricted to Vegas, Miami and Manhattan. Before I got canned there, the company had discretely hired some Indian firm to write the description in various languages. Apparently they were using Babblefish or some other crude translation program to translate copy and marketing verbiage into various languages. They even rewrote the descriptions I had done in very poor English. My French counterpart in Paris called me up, completely livid and convinced that I was the perp behind it. Nobody in management would own up to it.

Apparently, H-com has mended their ways a bit and the current choice of rooms does indeed describe certain rooms as windowless. I am frankly quite surprised. I did find Ruamchitt Plaza on Agoda and Booking.com, (which are actually the same) and the descriptions of the room did not mention any windowless rooms. I am going by the other reviews on those two sites, I had read from past visitors, who have given the hotel negative ratings for that reason.

Banana Boi
08-27-16, 03:02
Good background story, Esz. The reason I mentioned h-com is that you were asking about windowless clarification and I knew h-com had it in their description.

I know h-com also specified windowless rooms for a number of Pattaya hotels as well including the popular Walking Street Guest House.

Personally I could never stay in such a room.

Syzygies
08-27-16, 14:07
That's not always a bad thing for some of us. I personally would love to block out street noise and daylight so I can sleep in, on my vacation. Most days at home, I can't sleep past 8 AM because of it. I understand the standard rooms and the "Chinese" rooms at Ruamchitt Plaza are windowless, or does anyone have feedback on that setup there.Look the Mermaid Hotel is a very new Hotel and can get a room for under 2000 Baht per night (including the taxes). The price maybe 50% more than el cheapo at Ruamchit, but believe me it will be worth it. Mermaid has no problems at all that I can recall. Quiet location Sukhumvit Soi 29 Alley (easy walk to Soi Cowboy or the BTS or MRT). Very good for reasonably budget price. You can get cheaper but usually the quality will be far lower.

Rumachit may be directly above Thermae, but the Thermae girls are not likely to be impressed. Ruamchit is used by Thermae customers as a short time hotel when rooms are available. Failing that, for ST, Miami is nearby, a very very old Hotel absolutely not recommended for a proper stay ( I have seen a room for ST). It was already in decay 25 years ago. Perhaps Rumachit has been improved. I have not seen the rooms, so I guess my opinion is not really fair.

Eszpresszo
08-28-16, 00:34
Good background story, Esz. The reason I mentioned h-com is that you were asking about windowless clarification and I knew h-com had it in their description.

I know h-com also specified windowless rooms for a number of Pattaya hotels as well including the popular Walking Street Guest House.

Personally I could never stay in such a room.And make no mistake. I appreciate your suggestion, but it just brought up odd memories. Thus I avoided their site a decade based on my personal experience. Also, h-com was routinely allocated substandard rooms by the hotels hence the lower price. For example, we had rooms at the Waldorf Astoria, but they were spartan "staff rooms", which were set aside for hotel staff who had to sleep over and not up to the standards for the normal full price customer. I met people over years, who have complained they booked a room on h-com, which was not up to the website description So, I was pleasantly surprised that they made such a clear breakdown in the current description of the Ruamchitt.

Another unpleasant detail of the old H-com was that room bookings were made via FAX, in the old days. And you know how reliable fax is. No, it wasn't the digital high tech experience people assumed it was. If you booked a room online or via the call center, you could be in a big surprise if you immediately showed up at the hotel, only to find they did not have your reservation, nor did the front desk care to find out if you did. You had to give them some lead time for the hotel to get your reservation, though I am not sure how much.

RahulMangla2009
09-03-16, 02:04
Hi all,

Can someone suggest a hotel bear Sukhumvit or Nana plaza Aralea which is girl friendly and has nice jacuzzi in the rooms?

Syzygies
09-03-16, 09:43
Hi all,

Can someone suggest a hotel bear Sukhumvit or Nana plaza Aralea which is girl friendly and has nice jacuzzi in the rooms?Area?

I suggest you do a web search using Google. There will be a few but it might cost you a lot more for the room, e. G. Sheraton Executive Suites, Maduzi, etc. I never stay that posh and expensive.

I could visit New Massage MP and upgrade to Jacuzzi room for extra 200 Baht, and have a lot of fun with the girl in the jacuzzi, and so many soapy MPs have Jacuzzi. Why do you need it in the room? (rhetorical question). Okay It's your dream. Take a few girls to Pattaya and rent a special place with Jacuzzi or hottub in the garden. Another option is pick a Hotel with amazing pool and Jacuzzi (but not private), if you don't need sex play in the tub.

DR Monger II
09-04-16, 08:29
Are there short term hotels near Nana Plaza? If yes, can you name some and there short term rates? I will probably be staying near Asoke station and that would be far to bring a freelancer outside Nana hotel or anywhere else. How much does it cost for a taxi from Nana plaza to Asoke train station?

Syzygies
09-04-16, 08:41
Are there short term hotels near Nana Plaza? If yes, can you name some and there short term rates? I will probably be staying near Asoke station and that would be far to bring a freelancer outside Nana hotel or anywhere else. How much does it cost for a taxi from Nana plaza to Asoke train station?Yes there are ST Hotels near Nana Plaza. There are ST rooms inside the Nana Plaza but I hate them. Too much rush and bad quality. I use DI Place cost is 300 Baht (or was it 350) I forget. It will cost you more than a taxi ride to your Hotel. Of course you can take girls to your Hotel provided they are legal. If they are not legal, DI Place may not allow as well.

Asoke BTS area is not too far at all, in my opinion however difficult to get to by taxi. Cross over Sukhumvit and get a taxi near to Soi 3/1 or Soi 5. Alternatively use a two motorcycles. One for you and one for girl.

Some guys prefer not to take freelancers to their Hotel room, and some maybe untrustworthy. I have not had that problem myself, but be careful.

Randy Murican
09-05-16, 04:02
Promised an update if major changes at this hotel. Currently the lobby area of tower two is being renovated. The concierge tells me that the lobby is going to be made smaller. The rooms in this tower will also be getting an update which is needed, but none are under construction right now. Timetable for completion is 8 months so should be completed by April 2017. Not sure if that is Thai time or not. Breakfast is still okay with a choice of western, Thai and Indian food.

Randy 'Murican.

Allover
09-05-16, 04:38
Promised an update if major changes at this hotel. Currently the lobby area of tower two is being renovated. The concierge tells me that the lobby is going to be made smaller. The rooms in this tower will also be getting an update which is needed, but none are under construction right now. Timetable for completion is 8 months so should be completed by April 2017. Not sure if that is Thai time or not. Breakfast is still okay with a choice of western, Thai and Indian food.

Randy 'Murican.The Tower 2 lobby was under construction in May. At that rate I can't image the rooms being updated by April. I have stayed here often, through several renovations and ownership changes, but won't be back until a renovation is completed. Thanks for the update.

RickGere
09-05-16, 07:27
Hi,

Looking for a Budget GFE Hotel in around Sukhumvit for 2 days in last week of Sept around 1000- 1200 BT.

Any advice?

Rick.

Wolvenvacht
09-05-16, 07:29
Hi,

Looking for a Budget GFE Hotel in around Sukhumvit for 2 days in last week of Sept around 1000- 1200 BT.

Any advice?

Rick.Have a look at one of the hotel-websites such as booking.com. They have a search filter where you can tick area and price.

Syzygies
09-05-16, 07:37
Hi,

Any advice?

Rick.You can look on booking.com or Wotif, or other Hotels site just as easy as any of us. You can only hope that Hotel gives DFK with your GFE. ;)

Uncle Volodya
09-05-16, 07:49
You can look on booking.com or Wotif, or other Hotels site just as easy as any of us. You can only hope that Hotel gives DFK with your GFE. ;)Where can I find a hotel that offers A+, DATY, and CIM? 555.

ShimShimhey
09-12-16, 17:07
Hi all,

Can someone suggest a hotel bear Sukhumvit or Nana plaza Aralea which is girl friendly and has nice jacuzzi in the rooms?The Davis Bangkok.

Corner Wing Diplomat Suite.

This is on the pricey side but a jacuzzi in a cheap dive would probably give you a rash. Yes, it is guest friendly.

Syzygies
09-13-16, 08:10
The Davis Bangkok.

This is on the pricey side but a jacuzzi in a cheap dive would probably give you a rash. Yes, it is guest friendly.Only one problem, it is not very near Sukhumvit. I thought location is a bit inconvenient when traffic in the Sois.

BoyToy
09-14-16, 11:27
There were not enough reviews about this property and I had the opportunity to stay here in the month of August. I was very satisfied with this hotel and their services and I believe the below information can help someone planning to choose this as a potential property to stay.

• You don't need a taxi to visit Nana or Cowboy though Nana is going to be a 10 – 15 min walk. Unlike me If you hate walking you could take the sky train from Asok to Nana.

• Again the Asok station is just a 5 min walk from this property.

• Robinson, Seven Eleven, Terminal 21 are just few meters away.

Food:

• There were plenty of food joints nearby so never ate at this place but can recommend the continental breakfast that I tried couple of times as room service.

• Hooters is right at the main entrance of this property.

• AM bar with the pool was a nice place to relax in the afternoon.

Quality of room:

• Excellent for the price they offer.

• Mini bar, deep bath and shower are available separately, complimentary water bottles are provided every day.

Green but how green?

This hotel is very green, I was not even asked once to register my guest and I did bring in the guest at different times of the day and night.

Tip.

• If you are worried about walk of shame use the exit that is right between the eatery and the reception. Though it is in the opposite direction to the reception the view is not direct and there is a less chance of getting noticed. This exit takes your directly to the road next to Robinson. You will need the room key if you want to enter the building from the road.

• The AM bar is on the root top of the building and can be used as an excuse to take the lady in case if someone stops you. (Hardly anyone does though).

• Protection is available as a part of room service for 120 Bhat.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BT

Allover
09-14-16, 17:00
I appreciate the review Boy Toy. Just a few questions please. Is the shower a walk in shower? If yes is the shower big enough for two? Are the room and bathroom sizes ok? I agree that we don't hear much about this hotel. I'm also looking at Dream Hotel which is nearby.

Kumbu
09-14-16, 20:14
There were not enough reviews about this property and I had the opportunity to stay here in the month of August. I was very satisfied with this hotel and their services and I believe the below information can help someone planning to choose this as a potential property to stay.
Nice report BT, thanks. I agree, not enough info on this hotel. I think soi 15 is not a bad location, although it is a little bit in no-man's land, I. E. , you have to walk in either direction, to Nana or Cowboy (Asok). But I've stayed at other hotels in that area and it works fine.

Banana Boi
09-14-16, 21:14
Best part about 4 Points. It's literally steps away from the back entrance to Thermae on Soi 15. Manhattan Hotel is the other alternative. Old but ok. Definitely no shower for two. Issue is the clientele at Manhattan is pretty ghetto.

Abb8912
09-15-16, 00:52

Quality of room

Cheers,

BTHi, thanks for the info. How about the sound proof in room? Just concern it too near to bars?.

I am choosing BTW four points. And novotel ploenchit for Nov trip. LOL.

Eszpresszo
09-15-16, 14:13
Best part about 4 Points. It's literally steps away from the back entrance to Thermae on Soi 15. Manhattan Hotel is the other alternative. Old but ok. Definitely no shower for two. Issue is the clientele at Manhattan is pretty ghetto.Ghetto, as in American style ghetto? Or just really low rent? Please elaborate. When an American hears the word "ghetto", a completely negative set of images come to mind.

Jgm005
09-15-16, 17:45
One of my favorite hotels. Specially if your a member of Accor Hotels and grab it during their Sale.

The Club floor with outside balcony for eats / drinks charms the girl friends.

Snipped And novotel ploenchit for Nov trip. LOL.

BoyToy
09-15-16, 19:50
I appreciate the review Boy Toy. Just a few questions please. Is the shower a walk in shower? If yes is the shower big enough for two? Are the room and bathroom sizes ok? I agree that we don't hear much about this hotel. I'm also looking at Dream Hotel which is nearby.You are welcome all over.

I felt comfortable with the room and bathroom size. I took a non-smoking king size bed and did not find anything that bothered.

Yes the shower is a walk in one but it can fit only one person. The bath tub is separate and my best guess is that it can fit two people. Also there is a sliding door that separates the bathroom from the bedroom and provides an uninterrupted view of the bathroom from the bed.

Have fun!

BT

BoyToy
09-15-16, 19:58
Hi, thanks for the info. How about the sound proof in room? Just concern it too near to bars?.

I am choosing BTW four points. And novotel ploenchit for Nov trip. LOL.Abb8912,

When you check in please ask for a quieter room. They will mostly give you a room on the inner side of the pool wing at a mid-level floor.

I am not sure about the sound proof within the room as I cared less for my neighbors. LOL.

Cheers,

BT

Syzygies
09-17-16, 10:02
Ghetto, as in American style ghetto? Or just really low rent? Please elaborate. When an American hears the word "ghetto", a completely negative set of images come to mind.You can't assume posters here are American. I am not and some American special words, special meanings, or abbreviations are not known or used in my Country.

"Ghetto" surely means low class or slum area and BB obviously tried to have a Negative connotation about the customers that stay there. My budget conscious buddy has stayed there but never myself. I did visit the lobby which looked okay I prefer newer Hotels. I would rather stay in newer Mermaid on Soi 29 for a slightly lower price but higher customer rating. Not sure if Mermaid was a totally new building in recent years or a complete refit / renovation, but hard to tell the difference. However I would rather stay in Manhatten than in Soi 3 to Soi 5, the Arab / muslim area, as that area feels very abnormal with all the Halal stuff, and even hearing muslim prayers or whatever they are, over loudspeaker. Manhatten would also be preferable to Nana Hotel for me, assuming the later is still as ugly as many years ago, my last stay.

I have stayed in Dream Hotel same Soi 15 as Manhatten. It was a good classy standard, maybe a little bit over priced.

Asian Rain
09-17-16, 11:22
Best part about 4 Points. It's literally steps away from the back entrance to Thermae on Soi 15.For the Soi15 area.

(1) Four Points. Have stayed there. Rooms / facilities at the better rank and get your SPG points. Just ask for a room at the building on the side of Soi17 rather than Soi15. The rooms facing Soi15 were noisy and my room was below the rooftop bar, so there was a continuous bass beat which disturbed my sleep. Soi17-facing rooms are much quieter.

(2) Manhattan. Older hotel. I have "short stayed" there multiple times as my Viet WeChat girl stayed there on her sex+shopping tours. Can't say much for the facilities, but the bed is big and comfy.

(3) Ruamchitt. Old but newly renovated. Directly above Thermae. I have "short stayed" there multiple times with Thermae girls and found the renovated rooms rather nice and boutique quality. Hard to get a short time room there on weekends as this is becoming more of a tourist place. Most expensive short time room at 650 b.

(4) Miami. Now this is a true ghetto hotel for ghetto clientele. Have stayed there 3 times, once overnight and two times for ST. Seedy old rooms. But I think the cheapest. Last time I went there on a Friday it was full from tourists, so no short time rooms available.

All options above are girl-friendly. Miami and Ruamchitt will look at you funny if you are not bringing in working girls.

Personally I prefer the Sheraton Grande Sukhimvit and from my business travelling days consider it my personal home away from home. Expensive though now, so only if you have the cash. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.

MarcoStraight
09-17-16, 13:17
Some Ghetto not so bad. Nana hotel for example, it stays in a nasty monger ghetto hanged out by hookers, trannies, mongers, etc. Etc. But it's good. Atmosphere in there is always very relaxed, and most important thing you are near the action and sky train. If you don't like staying in the heart of the action and you need something better, a good alternative could be Dynasty Grande, located a bit further of Nana Hotel. You keep going 200 mt. On Nana soi 4 and take the first soi on the left. Very nice place, huge rooms, big swimming pool, gym, etc. Price should be around 1.800 or 2.000 baht. Not fancy like Sheraton or Landmark Hotel but excellent, highly recommend it.

Alex7J
09-18-16, 10:28
The Davis Bangkok.

This is on the pricey side but a jacuzzi in a cheap dive would probably give you a rash. Yes, it is guest friendly.Try staying in the Ambassador Suite in the same hotel, I have been staying here for the last 7 years and women just go bonkers the moment they enter the room. Its a super place absolutely gorgeous for an after party with the wg and her friends: or just when you bring the lady back to room.

Trust me: had some awesome nights there, threesomes, foursomes, group sex just GB is missing maybe on this trip:

Cheers ".

Eszpresszo
09-26-16, 04:33
You can't assume posters here are American.I'm not, but you do need to be aware of where the term come into more common use in popular culture and lingo.

Eszpresszo
09-29-16, 04:01
As I mentioned in another post, I previously was employed by Hotels.com back before the acquisition by Interactive and the merger and spin off into our former rival Expedia. I was always dubious of booking a room from them, because in the past we noticed that some reservations were properly executed and customers showed up at the hotel, only to be told that they did not have a reservation. The old H-com business model focused around a stripped down, low-overhead business that puts little emphasis on non-revenue producing operations (I. E. Customer service, as well as advertising). Of course, the current incarnation of H.com is basically a mirror parent company Expedia, but they have their high profile advertisements and web presence, and are personified by the iconic bearded, foppish "captain", or the "gaylord" as I call him. Apparently you get what you pay for at H-com now. Though back in the day, employees were dubious of booking rooms there unless they were comped to us.

In the meantime the original founders of H-com, went on to form yet another internet booking business, getaroom.com and presumably proceed down the same path: build a revenue producing, low overhead business, take it public and wait for some sucker like Barry "Fucking" Diller (as the late Joan Rivers called him) to pay a premium for the business. When I was between jobs a few years back, I queried my ex boss about employment opportunities there (she had gone to work for another travel business). But she warned that the performance demands of the new company were supposedly greater than the aggressive sales goals of the former H-com. Well, something in my head suggested that getaroom.com was not going to be any better than its predecessor in regards to getting rooms booked and confirmed by the time the guests arrived. So I did a bit of homework on the internet about getaroom and promptly came across negative reviews of people complaining about the company and calling it a scam. Well, I don't think it is a scam, its just that they don't care that much if from time to time a guest if disappointed or infuriated after showing up a hotel which has no room reserved for them. This was all very familiar.

In the meantime, I was scoping out rooms on Soi 4 and found the lowest price for the Wora Buri Sukhumvit was available via Trip Advisor. About $5 less than Agoda. Hmmmm. But, read the fine print on tripadvisor.com and you find that the reservation was handled by getaroom.com, so I had to pass.

Buyer beware. There is the devil you know and the devil I know even better.

Eszpresszo
09-29-16, 04:24
I was looking around at deals for hotels convenient to Soi Cowboy and Nana and came across a great price for the Eleven Avenue Suites. It got great reviews on Booking.com but I found it for half the price of any other online site at Priceline.com (who own Booking.com and Agoda so go figure.) I couldn't find anything about the guest policy online. Either on the hotel site or the other sources. So, I did the obvious thing and penned an note requesting if there was joiner fee for guests, if I booked a room for two adults. I promptly received the following reply:

"Dear *.

Greeting from Eleven Avenue Suites.

The joiner is free but you have to fallow the management rules if the management found any stain on sheet. The guest will be responsible for the damages.

If you have any kind of further assistant don't hesitate to contact with us.

Best Regards,

Stained sheets? Is that really a problem? I though hotels were in the business of stained sheets. Assuming I am bringing a working girl back to the room, I will keep my body fluids under control through the usual latex barrier. So where does this become a problem? Water Sp*rts? Sc* t? Menstrual blood? Anybody have a problem with this?"

Syzygies
09-29-16, 07:59
I'm not, but you do need to be aware of where the term come into more common use in popular culture and lingo.Need to?

It's an international forum so best to stick to very plain proper English language universally understood, rather than specialised lingo for some "popular" culture, unless the plain meaning of a term is included for explanation). I am too old for being up with specialised lingo in certain non-Thai cultures. I would not understand Thai teenage special lingo either, most likely.

Syzygies
09-29-16, 08:06
Buyer beware. There is the devil you know and the devil I know even better.I agree, its best to stick to well known highly recommended booking sites that never fail. I used to love Wotif because they showed prices including all taxes and plus plus stuff, omitting only a very small booking charge, and also because their web site used to have a grid (like a spreadsheet) of Hotels verses dates showing prices each night and which nights rooms in each category available. Made choosing very easy for me. Booking conditions could be displayed by hovering Cursor over a cell in the grid.

Unfortunately they took that feature away, and partially lost my business, though that change. Maybe was too difficult (costly) for them to maintain that feature working properly, although I don't know why. Probably moved to share same web software as another company.

Duniawala
10-10-16, 14:10
The Ascot group is having a flash sale at 50% off. If anyone is interested.

http://bit.ly/2dFzGMA

Sunlover2
10-10-16, 15:45
Greeting from Eleven Avenue Suites.

The joiner is free but you have to fallow the management rules if the management found any stain on sheet. The guest will be responsible for the damages.No knowledge of this place; but I have read reports before that lower end BKK hotels have unfairly claimed 'stained sheets' damage and charged customers accordingly. People felt ripped off, and if true it kind of feels like a scam. YMMV.

SL.

Syzygies
10-11-16, 07:53
No knowledge of this place; but I have read reports before that lower end BKK hotels have unfairly claimed 'stained sheets' damage and charged customers accordingly. People felt ripped off, and if true it kind of feels like a scam. YMMV.

SL.Never been charged for stained sheets. LOL.

It is well known that blood stains will come out after soaking in cold water. Not sure about Soi Sauce, wine etc. If consuming stuff on the bed. I am sure I have caused chocolate stains on occasion no big deal. Not sure why was mentioned in conjunction with joiners. Seems irrelevant.

Intois
10-11-16, 22:07
Phachara Suite is recommended by many here so I booked my trip but. Ah. If I only did more reading. , I found out about Phachara's 1000 THB guest fee. So I send email to the hotel and yes they confirm this ridiculous guest policy. But it's too late since I booked this hotel with prepay. At least 1 guest is allowed without this ripoff charge. I will survive few days but I will never think of staying such a hotel again. Instead of paying 1000 THB per guest, I would rather book a 2nd hotel and use that as my take out place.

Intois
10-11-16, 23:57
The Ascot group is having a flash sale at 50% off. If anyone is interested.

http://bit.ly/2dFzGMAIs Citadines guest friendly?

Wolvenvacht
10-12-16, 07:10
Is Citadines guest friendly?I stayed many times in Citadines 23 close to Soi Cowboy. No problem to bring a guest. Of course I always booked a room for 2 persons.

The ladies at the Hotel Reception will make a copy of your girl's ID card and that's it.

Dg8787
10-12-16, 07:33
Never been charged for stained sheets. LOL.

It is well known that blood stains will come out after soaking in cold water. Not sure about Soi Sauce, wine etc. If consuming stuff on the bed. I am sure I have caused chocolate stains on occasion no big deal. Not sure why was mentioned in conjunction with joiners. Seems irrelevant.After paying for sheets and blankets on several occasions, I always have hydrogen peroxide on hand for the blood stains. Works perfect, fresh stains disappear right in front of your eyes.

Syzygies
10-13-16, 07:46
After paying for sheets and blankets on several occasions, I always have hydrogen peroxide on hand for the blood stains. Works perfect, fresh stains disappear right in front of your eyes.Thanks, I will consider that if cold water has not worked 100% in future.

So would you consider charges for stains to be a scam? Never happened to me. I guess I did my best to get stain out before maid arrived, when necessary.

I have read signs in some Hotels banning Mangkut fruit (Mangosteen). I guess reason is purple outer casing may cause stains difficult to get out. Can't think of any other reason. Durians are also banned but that is clearly a smell issue.

Smoothy
10-13-16, 09:00
Phachara Suite is recommended by many here so I booked my trip but. Ah. If I only did more reading. , I found out about Phachara's 1000 THB guest fee. So I send email to the hotel and yes they confirm this ridiculous guest policy. But it's too late since I booked this hotel with prepay. At least 1 guest is allowed without this ripoff charge. I will survive few days but I will never think of staying such a hotel again. Instead of paying 1000 THB per guest, I would rather book a 2nd hotel and use that as my take out place.Thanks for the warning. I will never stay there.

Dg8787
10-13-16, 16:34
Thanks, I will consider that if cold water has not worked 100% in future.

So would you consider charges for stains to be a scam? Never happened to me. I guess I did my best to get stain out before maid arrived, when necessary.

I have read signs in some Hotels banning Mangkut fruit (Mangosteen). I guess reason is purple outer casing may cause stains difficult to get out. Can't think of any other reason. Durians are also banned but that is clearly a smell issue.I have never had a hotel scam me. One time the charges were 900 baht for a sheet and blanket. They had looked it up on a printed price list in a binder and issued me a receipt. A few other times I paid less than 300 baht for sheets. On all occasions they had housekeeping try to get the stains out. The problem was the stains had dried overnight. On all occasions I had told the front desk before housekeeping came or before checkout.

Now most of my visits are to Philippines and the hydrogen peroxide works perfect. One time the Phil front desk girl came to my room and hand washed the stain out for me.

BTW, the HP works good as a douche. 1 part HP 3-4 parts water. Search online hydrogen peroxide douche. Great alternative for yeast infections and works fast.

Eszpresszo
10-13-16, 18:14
After paying for sheets and blankets on several occasions, I always have hydrogen peroxide on hand for the blood stains. Works perfect, fresh stains disappear right in front of your eyes.I guess it wouldn't hurt to put a towel under the lady to be on the safe side. It does seem like a way to gouge the guests, though. As I said, hotels are in the business of providing a bed where their guests can stain the sheets.

Dg8787
10-13-16, 21:47
I guess it wouldn't hurt to put a towel under the lady to be on the safe side. It does seem like a way to gouge the guests, though. As I said, hotels are in the business of providing a bed where their guests can stain the sheets.These were unexpected leakage from untimely menstruation starts or finish. Taking time to put the towel down and making sure you are always on top of the towel is a mood killer especially in the heat of the wild moments.

I doubt if the hotels have factored in the cost of stained sheets in the daily rate. That is why they do a check out inspection and pull back the blanket for a further review and charge accordingly. I didn't think they were gouging as the rates were reasonable for the sheet and blanket. I don't mind paying for my bloody mess as it was worth it.

MichaelSamuel
10-14-16, 02:23
I usually don't stay in places with stringent guest policies, but to be honest I think a lot can matter how you carry yourself and your date. If you walk in like you own the place and talking and acting like a regular couple most places aren't going to stop you. Granted how the girl dresses matters a lot, but I suspect that if it isn't obvious that they don't want to stop a girl who may not be a P4 P girl. The loss of face of calling out a non working girl one I suspect would be significant so many places may opt on the safe side. Just something to try if you want less attention. Granted if she is sporting a mini skirt and 6 tattoos good luck.

Thanks for the warning. I will never stay there.

MichaelSamuel
10-14-16, 02:44
Another easy option is to keep a few laundry stain sheets in your bag. In the US there are a few brands but Shout wipes work well. Also a good travel item in case you get something on a nice piece of clothing and not going to laundry for a couple days.

These were unexpected leakage from untimely menstruation starts or finish. Taking time to put the towel down and making sure you are always on top of the towel is a mood killer especially in the heat of the wild moments.

I doubt if the hotels have factored in the cost of stained sheets in the daily rate. That is why they do a check out inspection and pull back the blanket for a further review and charge accordingly. I didn't think they were gouging as the rates were reasonable for the sheet and blanket. I don't mind paying for my bloody mess as it was worth it.

Syzygies
10-28-16, 10:45
Wow. Booked a comfortable middle class Hotel in Silom that I stayed at before. Price seemed to be way down. Like 1300 when I was expecting 2300.

Don't now if its just low season or if the morning period has made hotels desperate for customers.

Syzy goes to where the girl is. LOL Crazy Man. No time for bars. I will save ST Hotels, BFs, drinks, etc. Suddenly I might be a LT man again for a few days. This is a really great service girl able to be pornstar too. Never been even slightly bored with her. Ascention to heavenly existence for a few days if all goes well.

CharmingGuy1
10-30-16, 04:57
First of all friends I have been busy and lazy to write this FR but the weekend has arrived and I am now writing a 2 year old report.

So I and my friend went to Bangkok for the first and only time in 2015. Since we had no clue of where to stay and what to do, we had looked for a cheap hotel online before landing and booked the cheap woraburi hotel at the end of Sukhumvit area. When we were walking on the sukhumvit street (soi 4?) in front of nana plaza, it was noon. And we were called by mamasans asking for boom boom. We were new and naive and ignored their call, we were also tired. We went to hotel and it was a not-so-good hotel with dull & depressing yellow lights.

The hotel is at the end, away from center of hustle. The staff is little indifferent towards Indian ethnicity or so I felt. Overall I will give the hotel 2/5 stars. Granted the hotel was cheap, but it was not very good.

Syzygies
10-31-16, 10:25
First of all friends I have been busy and lazy to write this FR but the weekend has arrived and I am now writing a 2 year old report.

So I and my friend went to Bangkok for the first and only time in 2015. Since we had no clue of where to stay and what to do, we had looked for a cheap hotel online before landing and booked the cheap woraburi hotel at the end of Sukhumvit area. When we were walking on the sukhumvit street (soi 4?) in front of nana plaza, it was noon. And we were called by mamasans asking for boom boom. We were new and naive and ignored their call, we were also tired. We went to hotel and it was a not-so-good hotel with dull & depressing yellow lights.

The hotel is at the end, away from center of hustle. The staff is little indifferent towards Indian ethnicity or so I felt. Overall I will give the hotel 2/5 stars. Granted the hotel was cheap, but it was not very good.Yes well known undesirable Hotel. In future get some recommended Hotels.

PinkPearl
10-31-16, 11:45
Guest friendly or not hotels in the NEP SC area & how far each one is from the hotels:

http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/bangkok-girl-friendly-hotels/

Also contains other hotel intel re various things like super fast WiFi or lousy, etc.

Info can be confirmed with numerous reports by travelers on sites like hotel dot com, agoda, etc.

I have yet to be disappointed in a hotel choice I've made researching them in this manner.

Best of luck.

Sammy1968
11-02-16, 08:18
Hi all,

On my last two visits to Bangkok I've stayed at The Dynasty Grande Hotel, very good 4 star, walking distance to Nana, great swimming pool, friendly staff and f course guest friendly.

This time I've booked a 5 star hotel The Continent; http://www.thecontinenthotel.com/ splashed out a little, got a damn good price booking almost a year in advance (and they are guest friendly).

I can still cancel without penalty, wondering any forum folk have stayed there and if so their opinion on it?

Thanks.

Crazy4Thai
11-02-16, 15:22
I'm planning to break out of my usual routine on my next BKK adventure and stay 2 or 3 nights near Patpong. I've been on google looking at hotel options. Silom Serene looks like a good possibility at about 2,400 per night. I would appreciate any comments about it and other hotel recommendations under 3,000 baht per night. Also any other not to be missed attractions in that area. I know Sukhumvit pretty well but have only done the occasional outing to Patpong gogos. Time to explore.

Syzygies
11-03-16, 07:42
I'm planning to break out of my usual routine on my next BKK adventure and stay 2 or 3 nights near Patpong. I've been on google looking at hotel options. Silom Serene looks like a good possibility at about 2,400 per night. I would appreciate any comments about it and other hotel recommendations under 3,000 baht per night. Also any other not to be missed attractions in that area. I know Sukhumvit pretty well but have only done the occasional outing to Patpong gogos. Time to explore.IResidence and Furama Xclusive Sathorn are a short walk away and I would guess a lot cheaper than 2400 at the moment. Just depends on what level you want.

CarlCat
11-03-16, 09:23
I will be in Chillax resort hotel, they have a private jacuzzi in the room. Do you know if this hotel is girl friendly? And if they charge more for the girl?

Thanks a lot guys.

Syzygies
11-03-16, 14:36
I will be in Chillax resort hotel, they have a private jacuzzi in the room. Do you know if this hotel is girl friendly? And if they charge more for the girl?

Thanks a lot guys.You realise this place is near Khao San road and the river, and no where near sex mongering areas?

I would not dream of staying in this area if want to take girls back to your room. Too difficult for the location.

My advice is forget the Jacuzzi and go back to some highly recommended hotels on here fairly near to your preferred mongering venues.

If Jacuzzi is important try Maduzi, Jasmine City, Ariyasomvilla, or google search for Hotels with room Jacuzzi in Sukhumvit area.

Mac75
11-03-16, 14:54
Silom Serene looks like a good possibility at about 2,400 per night. I would appreciate any comments about it and other hotel recommendations under 3,000 baht per night. Also any other not to be missed attractions in that area. I know Sukhumvit pretty well but have only done the occasional outing to Patpong gogos. Time to explore.I've stayed in Silom Serene before, make sure you book for 2 people, then you will not be charged a joiner fee, which is THB 1,100 per guest. Also try booking directly via their website, they often have internet promotions, you should be able to get a Superior or Deluxe room for less than THB 2,400 per night. If you go into Patpong I recommend Star of Light BJ bar, if that's your thing.

Crazy4Thai
11-03-16, 15:33
I followed up on all 3 recommended and found that the websites are deeply discounted compared to booking sites. Each one about 1,000 less per night than what google shows through the booking sites, ranging from 1450 to 1700 per night. They all look good. Silom Serene is perhaps the best location. Their booking interface does not have a box to tick for number of guests. Maybe it appears later in the process. Thanks for your input.

AsiaTraveler2
11-07-16, 14:24
Hi all,

On my last two visits to Bangkok I've stayed at The Dynasty Grande Hotel, very good 4 star, walking distance to Nana, great swimming pool, friendly staff and f course guest friendly.

This time I've booked a 5 star hotel The Continent; http://www.thecontinenthotel.com/ splashed out a little, got a damn good price booking almost a year in advance (and they are guest friendly).

I can still cancel without penalty, wondering any forum folk have stayed there and if so their opinion on it?

Thanks.I would not consider The Continent a 5 star hotel, but I did enjoy my stays there. It's a stylish hotel, guest friendly, and in a great location. It's walking distance to the BTS, Terminal 21, and Soi Cowboy. The rooms are new. What surprised me is the jump in price. Four years ago, the price was about US $75 a night. It went up to US $100 a night. I checked the rates tonight and it was US $262. What happened? The popularity or the location must have driven the prices up significantly. At US $262 the value is gone. I noticed that even Jasmine City is up near that price range. The Landmark is priced at $118 a night. The prices don't make any sense. Since you already booked, by all means enjoy the stay. I think you will like it. The current pricing, however, does not make sense.

AT2.

Mumbai Guy
11-07-16, 18:12
I would not consider The Continent a 5 star hotel, but I did enjoy my stays there. It's a stylish hotel, guest friendly, and in a great location. It's walking distance to the BTS, Terminal 21, and Soi Cowboy. The rooms are new. What surprised me is the jump in price. Four years ago, the price was about US $75 a night. It went up to US $100 a night. I checked the rates tonight and it was US $262. What happened? The popularity or the location must have driven the prices up significantly. At US $262 the value is gone. I noticed that even Jasmine City is up near that price range. The Landmark is priced at $118 a night. The prices don't make any sense. Since you already booked, by all means enjoy the stay. I think you will like it. The current pricing, however, does not make sense.

AT2.Agree with you AT2. Continent is definitely not a 5* property. I had also stayed there about 3 years back and it was a nice clean new hotel. But as you say the prices have shot up beyond reasonable for most of the hotels of the group that owns The Continent (Compass Hospitality). I had also stayed at The Grand Swiss on soi11, another hotel of the same group on several occasions as that too is a similar hotel like Continent and is a great location. But recently have seen their room rates also going through the roof. Not VFM for sure. Salil hotel, midway down soi11 is my preferred hotel these days. The rates for a top floor deluxe room with breakfast is US 80 $ if you book in advance and it is a girl friendly hotel. You can take two girls for a threesome without any joiner fee.

Member #4698
11-07-16, 18:50
Most 4* & 5* hotels have rack rates. I don't pay much attention to them because I never pay that rate. Every hotel differs in their rate policy, but generally the sooner you start looking the less you will pay. Then as time goes by and rooms get filled for a specific date the rates will climb until 24 to 48 hours before a particular date when rates will fall dramatically for last minute reservations.

Since the Continent BKK Hotel is the topic under discussion, I took a fast look at rates for a stay at this hotel arriving on 4/23/2017 and departing on 4/30/2017. I found Expedia offers free cancellation deluxe king room for $89 with free breakfast & a free cancellation executive king (larger) room that also included free breakfast AND a 1 way airport transfer for $104/ night. I think that is a pretty good deal and I only looked at one hotel site and only one time. Maybe Agoda has a better rate for these dates I do not know. Maybe a week ago or 5 days from now Expedia will have a better rate. I don't know. It all depends on supply booking patterns and each reservation site's non linear profit maximization algorithm.

My point is that good rates exist in BKK for almost all 4* & 5* hotels. You just have to learn to book well in advance or wait until the last moment. The choice is up to you. Of course you will always pay more when traveling during high demand peak times. I did not bother to check out rates at the Continent or any other hotel in LOS for the Dec to Jan period. The time to find the best rate for this period is long gone. But if you intend to travel during this period keep looking and continually check 3 or 4 of the better hotel reservation sites as well as the individual hotel sites themselves. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Bah Humbug.

Titanio
11-07-16, 23:09
Most 4* & 5* hotels have rack rates. I don't pay much attention to them because I never pay that rate. Every hotel differs in their rate policy, but generally the sooner you start looking the less you will pay. Then as time goes by and rooms get filled for a specific date the rates will climb until 24 to 48 hours before a particular date when rates will fall dramatically for last minute reservations.

Since the Continent BKK Hotel is the topic under discussion, I took a fast look at rates for a stay at this hotel arriving on 4/23/2017 and departing on 4/30/2017. I found Expedia offers free cancellation deluxe king room for $89 with free breakfast & a free cancellation executive king (larger) room that also included free breakfast AND a 1 way airport transfer for $104/ night. I think that is a pretty good deal and I only looked at one hotel site and only one time. Maybe Agoda has a better rate for these dates I do not know. Maybe a week ago or 5 days from now Expedia will have a better rate. I don't know. It all depends on supply booking patterns and each reservation site's non linear profit maximization algorithm.

My point is that good rates exist in BKK for almost all 4* & 5* hotels. You just have to learn to book well in advance or wait until the last moment. The choice is up to you. Of course you will always pay more when traveling during high demand peak times. I did not bother to check out rates at the Continent or any other hotel in LOS for the Dec to Jan period. The time to find the best rate for this period is long gone. But if you intend to travel during this period keep looking and continually check 3 or 4 of the better hotel reservation sites as well as the individual hotel sites themselves. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Bah Humbug.In high season your best changes for last minute bookings are in 5* hotels. Try latestays dot com and you will see prices up to 70% off from the rack rate in a 7 days window.

Sammy1968
11-08-16, 01:23
Thank you AsiaTraveler2, Natty Bumpo and Mumbai Guy for your feedback on the Continent.

I have booked well in advance. July 2017, The Continent Sky Room (inc breakfast, free drinks in the bar and Complimentary Sky Benefits) at USD146.73 a night and can cancel without charge up to a two weeks beforehand.

But will have a look at some 3/4* hotels in the area.

Cheers.

AsiaTraveler2
11-10-16, 06:54
Some irony here. Just booked at another hotel because of the latest prices at The Continent. Landed in BKK and I get an e-mail promotion for 3,398 baht a night. A little late.

AT2.

Crazy4Thai
11-10-16, 10:38
I followed up on all 3 recommended and found that the websites are deeply discounted compared to booking sites. Each one about 1,000 less per night than what google shows through the booking sites, ranging from 1450 to 1700 per night. They all look good. Silom Serene is perhaps the best location. Their booking interface does not have a box to tick for number of guests. Maybe it appears later in the process. Thanks for your input.I missed a detail and booked myself into the Smile Society Hotel for 3 nights at 1,400 per night. Upon check-in, it turns out to be Smile Society HOSTEL and there are problems. (And DAMN! These are my NEW glasses!) Well we got it sorted. Complete with a refund. And the woman brought me across the soi (Soi 6 Silom) to The FAH Hotel. Open 1 year, still sparkly and fresh, all non-smoking. I got a single queen bed, all amenities and breakfast for 1300 all in. The room is small, maybe as small as I've ever seen, but so far so good. No joiner fee for one. The location is outstanding.

Manliraj
11-10-16, 20:10
Dear BM s,

Greetings (1) trying to choose president palace hotel their website is not working.

Does anyone hear knows the current status of this hotel.

(2) is there any Unofficial small ally connecting so I 15 to Soi11.

(3) is it still possible get taxi from level 4 departures lounge or they put some kind of barricade.

Thanks.

Allover
11-11-16, 07:48
Dear BM s,

Greetings (1) trying to choose president palace hotel their website is not working.

Does anyone hear knows the current status of this hotel.

The President Palace has been closed for years now. I don't know why because the hotel was pretty new when it first closed. It is much newer than the Grand President next door. At the time it was closed both hotels were managed by the same company. They should have closed Grand President and left President Palace open.

Olinda
11-11-16, 08:54
The President Palace has been closed for years now. I don't know why because the hotel was pretty new when it first closed. It is much newer than the Grand President next door. At the time it was closed both hotels were managed by the same company. They should have closed Grand President and left President Palace open.Its going to open in March 2017 under new hotel ownership Mercure Soi 11.

BKKguru
11-12-16, 06:33
Dear BM s,

<snip>

(3) is it still possible get taxi from level 4 departures lounge or they put some kind of barricade.
Thanks.

Yes - there is a barricade on Level4. It is a big gate which has to be pushed to rotate in one direction.

Some times there is a Security guard sitting on the other side of the gate.

If you have lots of luggage, it may be best to take the taxi from ground level.

~BKKguru.

Red Kilt
11-12-16, 07:34
Yes - there is a barricade on Level4. It is a big gate which has to be pushed to rotate in one direction.

Some times there is a Security guard sitting on the other side of the gate.

If you have lots of luggage, it may be best to take the taxi from ground level.
It's easy anyway from the taxi departure area.

Get a ticket from the machine and go to the taxi bay number noted on your ticket. The only possible hold-up is if there is a line in front of the ticket machines, but I have never had any delay at all.

It's a well-organized system now. Hassles eliminated.

Asian Rain
11-12-16, 14:56
Yes - there is a barricade on Level4. It is a big gate which has to be pushed to rotate in one direction. Some times there is a Security guard sitting on the other side of the gate. If you have lots of luggage, it may be best to take the taxi from ground level.No issues to take a taxi from the departure area. The gate only rotates in one direction, but it has enough space for a normal adult to pass through the gap. The "security guards" have never hassled me, they are there to keep traffic flowing. One word of advice: get a taxi that is actually dropping a passenger off and confirm "use meter". The other taxi guys who are just sitting there waiting are high tendency to not want to use meter and charge a high fixed price. To be avoided. The reason I use the departures is not to save money (50 b surcharge does not mean anything), but rather to often save time because the lines at the lower level queue can be long. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.

Whoreman
11-12-16, 15:12
No issues to take a taxi from the departure area. The gate only rotates in one direction, but it has enough space for a normal adult to pass through the gap. The "security guards" have never hassled me, they are there to keep traffic flowing. One word of advice: get a taxi that is actually dropping a passenger off and confirm "use meter". The other taxi guys who are just sitting there waiting are high tendency to not want to use meter and charge a high fixed price. To be avoided. The reason I use the departures is not to save money (50 b surcharge does not mean anything), but rather to often save time because the lines at the lower level queue can be long. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.Uber is better than normal taxis. The new pricing for UberX from the airport is competitive with taxis and there are always some Ubers hanging around so wait times are minimal. The driver comes to the arrival gate of your choice and Uber often has promos that reduces the fare by 50-100 baht.

Robert Long
11-12-16, 18:52
Uber is better than normal taxis. The new pricing for UberX from the airport is competitive with taxis and there are always some Ubers hanging around so wait times are minimal. The driver comes to the arrival gate of your choice and Uber often has promos that reduces the fare by 50-100 baht.The 120 baht toll fees are a pain. If you arrive at night be sure to say no to the toll. They take the main streets and it takes all of 10 minutes more to the Suk area. You still must pay the additional 50 baht for the airport fee.

RL.

Manliraj
11-12-16, 20:34
Dear BM s many thanks for kind reply,

Since president palace is not available I am planning to stay either in dreams or four seasons at Soi 15.

Is there any walking short cut from Soi 15 to Soi 11.

I remember vaguely next to villa market that alley takes to to Soi 13 from there have not ventured.

Some how feel at home on Soi 11.

Thanks guru s.

EihTooms
11-13-16, 01:26

Since president palace is not available I am planning to stay either in dreams or four seasons at Soi 15.

I remember vaguely next to villa market that alley takes to to Soi 13 from there have not ventured.

Thanks guru s.I don't think there is a short cut to Soi 15 from where that Villa Market ally ends at Soi 13/ Trendy Building. Yes, you can turn left there at the Trendy Building and you will eventually arrive at a small soi that will get you to Soi 15 if you turn right on it. But it won't get you to Soi 15 any faster or with less walking than if yoiu had just turned right at the Trendy Building and headed to Sukhumvit Road to get there.

Then again, maybe your hotel or other destination is closer to that far end of Soi 15, in which case there is a soi down there that connects Soi 13 to Soi 15.

Syzygies
11-13-16, 08:08
I don't think there is a short cut to Soi 15 from where that Villa Market ally ends at Soi 13/ Trendy Building. Yes, you can turn left there at the Trendy Building and you will eventually arrive at a small soi that will get you to Soi 15 if you turn right on it. But it won't get you to Soi 15 any faster or with less walking than if yoiu had just turned right at the Trendy Building and headed to Sukhumvit Road to get there.

Then again, maybe your hotel or other destination is closer to that far end of Soi 15, in which case there is a soi down there that connects Soi 13 to Soi 15.Dream Hotel is close to the back Sois path so that will give a quicker way to Villa Markt.

Asian Rain
11-13-16, 08:47
Is there any walking short cut from Soi 15 to Soi 11.Yes, there is. Go down Soi15, make a left at the Italian restaurant, right on Soi13, then a left at iCheckInn and walk up to the 711 at the foot of Soi11. I did it a number of times walking from my crib to the hotel my Viet WeChat girl was staying. 5-10 min depending upon your pace. Make it easy and fire up Google Maps and it will show you the way. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.

EihTooms
11-13-16, 13:26
Yes, there is. Go down Soi15, make a left at the Italian restaurant, right on Soi13, then a left at iCheckInn and walk up to the 711 at the foot of Soi11. I did it a number of times walking from my crib to the hotel my Viet WeChat girl was staying. 5-10 min depending upon your pace. Make it easy and fire up Google Maps and it will show you the way. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.I'm not sure what Syzy means by "back Sois path" to Dream Hotel on Soi 15, but unless there is another Dream Hotel further down Soi 15 than the one I am familiar with, what you described could only be considered a short cut from DH if your Soi 11 destination were precisely that far end of Soi 11 where it hits that 7-11. Maybe if you were heading to Marshmallow restaurant or, at most, Oskar Bistro. In that case you might save a maximum of 1 minute going that way and the route is one of the more desolate and boring walks in the area except for the sight of the lovely italian restaurant you mentioned, RossodiSera.

However, if your Soi 11 destination is anywhere above the very far end of it, say Zaks, the German restaurant, Suk 11 Thai restaurant, Cheap Chatlies, Zanzibar, Villa Market and the massage shops next door, taking a left outside of Dream Hotel on Soi 15 to Sukhumvit Road then turrning right to Soi 11 that way will cut your journey by anywhere from several minutes to half the time.

That route cuts the walk time even more if you are staying at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel.

Christian G
11-15-16, 04:18
Spend 1 night here. Got online promo for Deluxe room 1540 baht for night including breakfast buffet.

Room is big but old, wifi work not good in the daytime, better in the late night. Breakfast buffet standard chioce of food international and asian, quality not bad.

Had a girl come to visit me, but I not got any call from the reception when she arrive nor when she leave. Not a problem for me I know her well but I just want let you know that security sucks.

Syzygies
11-16-16, 18:06
I'm not sure what Syzy means by "back Sois path" to Dream Hotel on Soi 15, but unless there is another Dream Hotel further down Soi 15 than the one I am familiar with, what you described could only be considered a short cut from DH if your Soi 11 destination were precisely that far end of Soi 11 where it hits that 7-11. Maybe if you were heading to Marshmallow restaurant or, at most, Oskar Bistro. In that case you might save a maximum of 1 minute going that way and the route is one of the more desolate and boring walks in the area except for the sight of the lovely italian restaurant you mentioned, RossodiSera.

However, if your Soi 11 destination is anywhere above the very far end of it, say Zaks, the German restaurant, Suk 11 Thai restaurant, Cheap Chatlies, Zanzibar, Villa Market and the massage shops next door, taking a left outside of Dream Hotel on Soi 15 to Sukhumvit Road then turrning right to Soi 11 that way will cut your journey by anywhere from several minutes to half the time.

That route cuts the walk time even more if you are staying at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel.Look on Google Maps.

It is easily seen that connecting soi from 15 to 13 is not that far from Dream Hotel. There is also connection possible from soi 13 to 11 at ambassador or Villa Markt.

On Google maps it is easily seen that going down to Sukumvit is far longer. I have stayed at Dream so I am familiar. Going to sukumvit is the long way.

Manfield04
11-16-16, 18:56
I stayed at this hotel in 2013. Girls can come directly to your room as they don't need to walk through the reception. Anyone can walk from Soi 15 though the compound up to the lifts which are located near the restaurant on the ground floor where breakfast is served.

Room is big but old, wifi work not good in the daytime, better in the late night. Had a girl come to visit me, but I not got any call from the reception when she arrive nor when she leave.

EihTooms
11-16-16, 23:59
Look on Google Maps.

It is easily seen that connecting soi from 15 to 13 is not that far from Dream Hotel. There is also connection possible from soi 13 to 11 at ambassador or Villa Markt.

On Google maps it is easily seen that going down to Sukumvit is far longer. I have stayed at Dream so I am familiar. Going to sukumvit is the long way.I disagree. I think Google maps shows the walk / distance from Dream Hotel (and even more so from Fout Points by Sheraton) to anywhere on Soi 11 other than a destination at the farthest end of it where the 7-11 and Marshmallow restaurant are is shorter if you walk up Soi 15 to Sukhumvit Road and then over to Soi 11 that way. And I have walked both routes a few times. Walking at a moderate speed to Soi 11 the otherwise desolate RossoddiSera italian restaurant route will take about 8-9 minutes before you first step foot on Soi 11. And then you will have to walk almost the length of Soi 11 to get to the more often mentioned destinations near Villa Market. Walking the same speed via the Sukhumvit Road route will take you about 4-5 minutes to first step foot on Soi 11 and then you are less than 2 minutes from Villa Market and the nearby destinations. Slightly less than that if you take the small cutaway soi from Suk to Soi 11 at Khan Khazana vegitarian Indian restaurant.

It's not a big deal really, but anyone staying at Dream Hotel or especially Four Points would be in for a longer and more boring walk if they turned right on Soi 15 and wound their way to Soi 13 and then to that 7-11 way down there than if they just turned left and walked up to Sukhumvit instead. Unless their goal was to get to that particular 7-11 or Marshmallow. I suppose another reason to go down that way would be to avoid encountering someone you don't want to meet on Suk or the higher ends of Sois 15 and 11.

Lucky Nuts
11-17-16, 03:41
Could anyone compare / contrast the Park Plaza Sukhumvit and the Dream Hotel? These are the two I've narrowed down to in my price range and seemingly well located. Thanks.

Christian G
11-17-16, 08:09
I stayed at this hotel in 2013. Girls can come directly to your room as they don't need to walk through the reception. Anyone can walk from Soi 15 though the compound up to the lifts which are located near the restaurant on the ground floor where breakfast is served.I don't know but it sound strange to me, you need a keycard for use the lift and come up, someone of the staff had to help her with the lift, I can't image thai girl walking up the stairs for 8 floor on high heels LOL.

EihTooms
11-17-16, 11:23

Thanks guru s.Ok, there is a genuine walking short cut to get from Dream Hotel on Soi 15 to Soi 13 massage shops arcade and then to the Villa Market steps on Soi11 that no one has mentioned yet. Been there for quite some time and I have used it several times myself. But usually when I am with a friend or two. Not that it is a secret, LOL, but I didn't want to recommend it because it is a bit dodgy after dark and I have met at least two guys who have used it late at night and were made very nervous by an encounter with a street person or two lurking in the dark along that pathway. So if you guys promise not to walk down this short cut late at night alone, with another dude might be fine, I will tell you where it is.

As you walk down Soi 15 from Dream Hotel, walking away from Sukhumvit, just past the Kingston Suites and right next to the 7-11 on your left, you will see a walkway that, from that point of view, appears to lead nowhere interesting. Actually, this walkway cuts through to Soi 13, coming out very near that ally where the massage shops are across from Trendy Building elevator lobby. From there, you walk through that ally past the massage shops and then wind your way around the corner to the arcade of massage shops that most guys familiar with the area know about next to Villa Market and, voila!, there you are on Soi 11. Cuts the walk from Dream Hotel to those steps right outside Villa Market on Soi 11 down to about 5 minutes total at a moderate pace. On Google Maps, you might see an unidentified image of it at Scoop on 15 Bar.

Problem is, this walkway is part of an as yet unfinished retail / condo project. So there is no telling if or when they might erect some kind of barrier. The spot where it comes out on Soi 13 doesn't even have normal steps down to the road. It is more or less at loading dock height. But it is easily managed as long as you don't assume it is a normal step off after a few beers. LOL. You could also check to see if the car parking lot access driveway for Sukhumvit 15 Residences on the other side of that 7-11 is open. That cuts through from Soi 15 to Soi 13 too, is not usually blocked off and might have at least a guard or parking lot attendant on duty, which would be safer than taking the other short cut path.

Hope that helps!

Francesco24
11-20-16, 17:41
Anyone could suggest a nice short time hotel within walking distance from BTS or MRT station?

I am looking for something better than the cheap short time hotel (300 bath) around Nana or Asoke to bring occasional non pro girls. I used to frequent a decent short time hotel priced at 500 bath near Asoke but it's not closed down. (again nothing particularly fancy or high level. Just the difference you would expect between 300 and 600 baht).

I am also uncomfortable to make booking on my name so this stop me from using normal hotels even if I would be willing to pay the full price. Unless someone has any suggestion on this too.

Thanks.

Manfield04
11-20-16, 20:10
You are right, you need the key-card to use the lift. I was thinking of taking the girl with you from Soi 15 and walking to the room without having to walk through the reception.

I don't know but it sound strange to me, you need a keycard for use the lift and come up, someone of the staff had to help her with the lift, I can't image thai girl walking up the stairs for 8 floor on high heels LOL.

Mrcwv
11-21-16, 05:57
Hi,

I am an American student traveling to Bangkok solo for a week DEC 12-19, first leg on a five week trip. The trip is not purely for mongering, but I hope to get some in on the side. My main two questions are this:

Can you recommend an fairly inexpensive hotel that is clean and suits our needs, preferably near the main area of Nana and Soi Cowboy, I am too inexperienced to range far IMO.

Also I have 7 days and might want to get out of BKK, where would you recommend?

Thanks.

Asian Rain
11-21-16, 15:13
Anyone could suggest a nice short time hotel within walking distance from BTS or MRT station?

I am looking for something better than the cheap short time hotel (300 bath) around Nana or Asoke to bring occasional non pro girls. I used to frequent a decent short time hotel priced at 500 bath near Asoke but it's not closed down. (again nothing particularly fancy or high level. Just the difference you would expect between 300 and 600 baht).

I am also uncomfortable to make booking on my name so this stop me from using normal hotels even if I would be willing to pay the full price. Unless someone has any suggestion on this too.Ruamchitt Hotel above Thermae. Somewhat equidistant between Nana BTS and Asok BTS stations. Remodeled rooms with boutique style tourist class rooms fit for the Japanese punters taking girls from Thermae for short time. THB650 for I believe 2 hours, which is about 1 hr45 mn longer than the average Japanese needs (just joking, but not too much). Used it once and found the rooms (and most importantly bed) quite nice. Best part was that they brought us up to our room in groups. I queued with two other Japanese punters and their Thermae dates and all 7 of us (yes, the bellboy was with us) crammed in the elevator. I could have done some Tokyo subway-style groping, but decided against it. Only downside to Ruamchitt is that short time rooms might not be available, especially on weekends as more and more tourists are using the hotel. Last time I went there they were full and even the fleapit Miami was full around the corner. Had to take a cab to Soi Cowboy to use Asoke Place, which was only 350 b for 90 min and was just fine for me. At Ruamchitt, no need to show any identification for check-in. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.

Francesco24
11-21-16, 16:38
Ruamchitt Hotel above Thermae. Somewhat equidistant between Nana BTS and Asok BTS stations. Remodeled rooms with boutique style tourist class rooms fit for the Japanese punters taking girls from Thermae for short time. THB650 for I believe 2 hours, which is about 1 hr45 mn longer than the average Japanese needs (just joking, but not too much). Used it once and found the rooms (and most importantly bed) quite nice. Best part was that they brought us up to our room in groups. I queued with two other Japanese punters and their Thermae dates and all 7 of us (yes, the bellboy was with us) crammed in the elevator. I could have done some Tokyo subway-style groping, but decided against it. Only downside to Ruamchitt is that short time rooms might not be available, especially on weekends as more and more tourists are using the hotel. Last time I went there they were full and even the fleapit Miami was full around the corner. Had to take a cab to Soi Cowboy to use Asoke Place, which was only 350 b for 90 min and was just fine for me. At Ruamchitt, no need to show any identification for check-in. Enjoy Bangkok, AsianRain.Thanks a lot, I'll have a look. But I forgot to add that I was looking for the Silom area if possible. Do you have any knowledge there too maybe?

Banana Boi
11-21-16, 20:42
Also I have 7 days and might want to get out of BKK, where would you recommend?No brainer. Pattaya. You may want to try 2 days BKK then head to Pattaya and see if you even make it back to BKK. Ruamchit that Asian Rain just mentioned fits your needs. Right on Sukhumvit between Cowboy and Nana. Also Thermae bar downstairs opens at 8 pm. Ruamchit is about $35-45 US depending on which room you want. I personally have never stayed there but guys tell me it's decent.

Lucky Nuts
11-22-16, 07:10
Hi guys. Anyone familiar with this hotel? I found a $63/ night rate so it looks like the nicest place per dollar in the Soi Cowboy area. But I can cancel without penalty if I made a mistake. So if anyone knows anything about this place please give me some info. Thanks. \ chicoloco.

Mumbai Guy
11-25-16, 11:06
Has anyone stayed at City Lodge on Sukhumvit road at the corner of soi-9 ? For my next trip to BKK I am considering between this hotel and Ruamchitt Plaza.

NewImage
11-25-16, 12:59
Hi guys. Anyone familiar with this hotel? I found a $63/ night rate so it looks like the nicest place per dollar in the Soi Cowboy area. But I can cancel without penalty if I made a mistake. So if anyone knows anything about this place please give me some info. Thanks. \ chicoloco.Very good choice esp at that price but a little far from Nana (but one skytrain station) if walking.

Close to Terminal 21 too for good food etc.

Nice roof top pool, good breakfast, clean rooms, quiet, good customer service.

Mrcwv
11-26-16, 23:57
No brainer. Pattaya. You may want to try 2 days BKK then head to Pattaya and see if you even make it back to BKK. Ruamchit that Asian Rain just mentioned fits your needs. Right on Sukhumvit between Cowboy and Nana. Also Thermae bar downstairs opens at 8 pm. Ruamchit is about $35-45 US depending on which room you want. I personally have never stayed there but guys tell me it's decent.Is it safe to walk to Soi Coyboy and Nana at night from these places?

Also, is there a general guide somewhere, being my first time in Thailand lots and lots of questions to ask.

Manfield04
11-27-16, 03:15
Both these places are safe to walk to at night. You will enjoy these places once you are there.

Is it safe to walk to Soi Coyboy and Nana at night from these places.

Mumbai Guy
11-27-16, 08:01
Is it safe to walk to Soi Coyboy and Nana at night from these places?

Also, is there a general guide somewhere, being my first time in Thailand lots and lots of questions to ask.It is very safe to walk between soi cowboy and nana plaza at night if you walk along sukhumvit road. You should avoid dark alleys if you are alone and don't get visibly drunk.

Kumbu
11-27-16, 09:08
Also, is there a general guide somewhere, being my first time in Thailand lots and lots of questions to ask.Well, first let me assure you that you are going to have the time of your life. You may feel unguided and that you are flying by the seat of your pants, but you will get your brains fucked out of you by some of the sweetest and prettiest girls you could ever hope to bang.

Having said that, there is no general guide here on ISG. The rule is you should RTFF. That means you read the forum going back weeks, months, perhaps even years. That takes time, and it is frustrating since it requires you sift out all the inane bullshit that gets said on here. But it is well worth the time. I would use the printable version (go to thread tools at the top of the page on the right, select printable version), and then select the option to show 1000 posts per page. That way you don't have to keep clicking to the next page every 20 posts or so. You then just start reading.

As you read, you will discover particular posters that you like, and you can then search for all their posts. You will also discover some key words that you might search for, e. G. , NEP, or Cowboy, or Tulip, etc. Someone recently suggested that you start with the Reports of Distinction, which is a good idea. But make sure you go through the regular BKK thread too. I would recommend that you go back at least a year, perhaps more. It takes time, but you have to do your due diligence before you can post a question. And when you do post a question, say that you did RTFF, and you still have a question. If you do that, people will generally be helpful. If you post a dumb-ass question without having bothered to read the forum, then that is a sign of disrespect, and you will hear about it from members of this forum, trust me.

If you pay your annual fee, then you can PM people. I would do this after reading the forum, so that you can ask an informed question. Don't ask questions like "where the pussy at?" That won't go down well.

As for hotels in particular (since this is the BKK hotel thread), there are a dizzying selection of hotels available. I would do as much research on the hotels as you can, and then just ask whatever question you want. You might want to know about which areas are the best to look at, or which hotel from amongst a small set might be better, or what the experience is like when you bring back three gogo girls and a lady boy to your hotel room: do you get shit for that kind of thing? All reasonable questions, so fire away.

And most important: if you get help from this forum, either from just reading or from specific people providing information to you, you have an obligation to report on your own experiences. That's just common decency.

Kumbu
11-27-16, 09:17
Hi,

I am an American student traveling to Bangkok solo for a week DEC 12-19, first leg on a five week trip. The trip is not purely for mongering, but I hope to get some in on the side. My main two questions are this:

Can you recommend an fairly inexpensive hotel that is clean and suits our needs, preferably near the main area of Nana and Soi Cowboy, I am too inexperienced to range far IMO.

Also I have 7 days and might want to get out of BKK, where would you recommend?

Thanks.Pattaya is the place to go if you want to get out of BKK. It's cheaper than BKK, plenty of hotels, plenty of girls, plenty of fun.

As for a hotel, you need to be more specific. What's your budget? Cheap to me may not be cheap to you. Likewise, clean to me may not be clean to you. So if you have a budget, then you can use the regular hotel sites and their star system to figure out cleanliness.

If you are a student, you likely don't mind roughing it, so you may be able to get very cheap hotels that are not particularly fancy. But hotels are far, far better and cheaper than in the States. You could get something in BKK for the same price as a Motel 8, and it would be head and shoulders above your typical Motel 8. So go through Hotels.com, or Agoda.com, or booking.com, or Orbitz, or whatever and narrow down your choices, and then ask for help once you have a list.

In general, though, I would recommend you pick something that is either near Asoke or near Nana. That is, you might be tempted to stay in between the two, but you end up walking in either direction. In my experience, it is better to stay close to one, and then walk to the other if you need to.

Another strategy that has worked out REALLY well for me is to stay on soi 11. That is a super street to be on since you have plenty of restaurants, several after-hours clubs (Climax, Levels, etc.), and just a lot happening. You can walk to Nana very easily, as well as Cowboy (though the latter might be easier with a taxi).

So if you can pick an area, we might be able to better guide you in terms of specific hotels.

NguyetLang
11-27-16, 09:45
Pattaya is the place to go if you want to get out of BKK. It's cheaper than BKK, plenty of hotels, plenty of girls, plenty of fun.

So if you can pick an area, we might be able to better guide you in terms of specific hotels.I was staying in Fusion Suites on Soi 19 near 21. About 190 USD for 5 nights, no breakfast. Easy walk to Thermae where you can pick up freelancer. Easy walk to Terminal 21 where they have a food court and numerous restaurants that you can eat real well with 5 to 10 USD per meal. One railway stop to Phrompphong for massage FS (I visited Addict and Mango each time 2500 Bath (about 70 USD) for 90 min Each time with one to 2 SOG if you can muster it). Also one stop rail the other way for Nana for beer bar and bar girls that you can take back to Fusion Suites no problem. I was fully satisfied with food and sex for the entire 5 days there.

For sight seeing, I took a tour to Pattaya for 3200 Bath (about 90 USD) that included round trip van ride from Bangkok, boat ride to an island nearby, group lunch on island, one night in a cheap hotel, ticket to evening show, breakfast next morning. The evening you are free to walk the beach and look for bargainable girl. The 2nd day are free time and lunch on your own till 4 pm when the wan will take you back to Bangkok. Did not see any girl to my liking and thus can't FR on Pattaya girls.

Hope that helps.

Peter.

Member #4698
11-27-16, 14:10
Is it safe to walk to Soi Coyboy and Nana at night from these places?No it is not safe. Save yourself. Don't go there.

"Oh mother tell your children.
Not to do what I have done.
Spend your lives in sin and misery.
In the House of the Rising Sun.

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain.

Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one"

- Alan Price

Banana Boi
11-27-16, 17:17
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?

Christian G
11-27-16, 17:28
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?Probably the best bet is to contact the hotel and inform them on the delay in the check-in. They blocked the room for your booking but in case of no show the room would be vacated if you not inform the hotel.

Member #4698
11-27-16, 17:59
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?Yes, but I would make every attempt to contact the booking reservation site or the hotel directly to notify them of your delay. I once missed a Thai Airlines connection in Rome to BKK. While I was in Rome I tried to contact the hotel through Agoda about my situation to no avail. The travel site representative could not get through to the hotel. So I arrived 24 hours late and presented myself at the front desk of the Grande Center Point T21 where I had a 7 night reservation for a deluxe premium room. The cute little hotel clerk began to check me in, but I asked to speak with the manager about getting a refund, ha ha, for the night I missed. The manager was a capable and competent administrator and although he told me that he could not refund the previous unfulfilled night due to the nature of the reservation, he would upgrade me to a 1 bedroom suite for the duration of my stay. I thankfully accepted his offer without hesitation and I enjoyed my time at the Grand Center Point T21.

BTW, the 1 bedroom suite at T21 is twice the size of the premium deluxe room with a really expansive living room. I like it a lot and since that time I have stayed at the T21 a couple more times in the same 1 bedroom suite. Rates vary tremendously, but if you check the hotel reservation sites from time to time you can get it for $142/ night with breakfast. This is still kind of expensive for BKK, for example, I often stay at the Fraser Suites Hotel in a deluxe 1 bedroom suite for around $90/ night with breakfast and Marriott Thonglor Exec Apartment Hotel in a 1 bedroom suite not including breakfast for $95. The Marriott suites are very nice and geared more toward American tastes with soft mattresses and other luxury refinements. The Grand Center Point T21 is geared more for Northern Asian travelers with hard mattresses and minimalist high tech decor. Both have very good swimming pools. The Marriott Exec has a much finer restaurant, but you must pay extra for their sumptuous buffet breakfasts. Location is up to the beholder. Obviously being at the intersection Asok and Sukumvit is ground zero for a whole lot of things, but I also enjoy staying on Soi 11 or being out there on Soi 55 as well. I like to stay in multiple locations over my usual 4 or 5 week visits to BKK. Change is good.

Manfield04
11-27-16, 19:19
If you have booked a non-refundable room, in addition to being charged for the duration of your stay, you may also find your room being allocated to someone else if you don't notify the hotel either directly or through the booking agent.

If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?

Nixonbd
12-01-16, 14:36
Making my second trip to BKK next month (been to Patts many times). I was reading about an area called Queen's Plaza on Soi 22. It is reported to be similar to Action Street in Pattaya? Is it a venue worth visiting for an evening?

Titanio
12-01-16, 23:08
Making my second trip to BKK next month (been to Patts many times). I was reading about an area called Queen's Plaza on Soi 22. It is reported to be similar to Action Street in Pattaya? Is it a venue worth visiting for an evening?If you like to play a lot of pool, it is a just OK area. Nothing special, small bars with a few customers.

Breadman
12-02-16, 01:12
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?Best bet would be to send the hotel an email (and one to yourself) to show that you tried contacting them in case calling them wasn't an option. I think in this case alot depends on the size of the hotel as well, if a smaller hotel were to be fully booked and they gave your room away then you'd be in a pickle. Larger hotels will (or should) go out of their way to help you out.

Globoid
12-02-16, 08:38
If you like to play a lot of pool, it is a just OK area. Nothing special, small bars with a few customers.A lot of ladyboys, but it can be fun.

Syzygies
12-02-16, 09:56
Staying in the very cheap Marvin Suites Sathorn, to be close and convenient to the girl. Its just under 1 k per night no be / F during the week but higher on weekends. No exactly close to the action unless want to go Pat Pong.

Hotel is a very good standard for this price. Nice bathroom no bath but good shower. Reception has a Filipina girl.

The cleaning maid is a guy, looks gay. He cleaned my room already.

Anyway returning to my room, the male maid was cleaning the room next to my room, and had the room door was open. An immense underarm type stench had wafted out to the hallway. The room occupant was not there but had stunk out the whole room obviously. Some people just don't know how they have strong abnormal odours for Thais and others with sensitive noses. For mongers this is something to watch out for. It is caused by bacteria breeding in the oversized Aprocrine glands under arms typically. Could cause you to be shunned by Thai girls. Obviously very frequent showering and cleaning underarms is needed, change of shirts, deodorants, but not enough for heavy BO cases. Maybe necessary to consult a doctor, about possibilities to kill off these bacteria. Diet is not really very relevant as odours from eating garlic and curries are different, and not as difficult to tolerate. Thai have very few Apocrine glands if any, and therefore have very little incidence of underarm smell problems. For other countries, not East Asian, we can all breed bacteria underarms, and smell bad after strenuous activity or getting hot and sweating. However some people have much larger Aprocrine glands or more of them and therefore bigger problems.

I have only ever had one or two close friends with significant underarm odour issues, and one was a black girl from Martinique. She was well aware of her problem, used deodorant, and showered very frequently to make sure she had it under good control. She would shower before going out, and then shower again before sex, even if was just 2 hours later, as 2 hours would be enough for the odours to start coming. So very frequent attention was needed. Under odorous buddy was Farang and his problem was just not showering often enough, or taking a shower but putting old shirt back on again. LOL

For those really proud of their manly smell, I hope you keep well away from me, as for me, very strong odours can be quite sickening. I have Indian friends with no noticed underarm odour issues, perhaps well controlled, so we cannot assume all people of any race have this problem.

Vodkin
12-07-16, 03:52
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?You need to call the hotel before your reservation starts and let them know your situation. In high season, your reservation may not be kept if you don't show up in the first day. Of course they won't refund you, not fair isn't it? But that is what it is.

Eszpresszo
12-10-16, 21:38
Making my second trip to BKK next month (been to Patts many times). I was reading about an area called Queen's Plaza on Soi 22. It is reported to be similar to Action Street in Pattaya? Is it a venue worth visiting for an evening?Can't speak for that venue, but I recall that there are two different entertainment complexes on the street when I walked down that Soi last weekend. Most obvious thing about the street is the sheer volume of massage places. Went down there in Mid-day and wish I had a dollar for every time I heard the cry "Massage!" or "Hey hansum man!

Eszpresszo
12-10-16, 22:42
Arrived Thursday afternoon of last week, and checked into Ruamchitt Plaza on Sukhumvit. The place is a bit legendary and had my curiosity, particularly with Thermae in the basement. Got a good rate in advance on Agoda, for under $30. It was for the windowless studio, but that worked for me. Daylight wakes me up, and I need a dark room in order to sleep in. It did not disappoint. I slept like a beast after a brutal flight over the Pacific with little rest. Took a good hour long Thai massage to get my back in gear, and a good session with a girl I brought up from Thermae, but I slept better than I had in recent memory. But be sure you have a grasp on where the lamp switch is and don't leave any open beverages on the lamp stand. When you turn out the light, it will be Pitch black. You will be fumbling around for the lamp switch when you wake up so don't clutter up the lamp stand.

The staff at the Ruamchitt were great folks. The rooftop pool is nothing special but can be really nice, if you need to cool off. There was no bar open at the time I was there, but feel free to bring a beer up with you. Everyone else did.

Booked a room at a steal (under $20 per night) at Sam's Lodge, which had gotten good reviews for economical lodging by Soi Cowboy as well as being guest friendly. I arrived and the manager looked at my reservation and said, "You are really too tall for the only room we have ready. I will upgrade you to a nicer room at the Smart Suites" I am 6'4", but I think the problem was that they overbooked, because I had booked the larger, superior room. Whatever, she handled it well, and I love an upgrade. She gave the young guy standing around at the counter (bellboy?) a 100 and said, "he will take you there by taxi". Sure enough, he marched me to the street, got a cab and we were off to the Smart Suites, a sister property of Sam's Lodge that typically lists for much more. Once in the lobby, my escort arranged the check-in with the front desk and off I went. Now, lets be clear, my room was not a suite. I don't know if there are actual suites in the hotel. But, it is a nice place and my room was very comfortable, if not a tad small. It did have a decent bathroom with a roomy shower with a real door to it. The fridge was much larger than usual and there was a water heater or whatever you call those things that heat up your water for tea (we don't do that stuff where I live), with Nescafe and tea included. Overall a good place to take a girl and it was guest friendly. The staff were great overall. The set the standard for lodging staff, for the rest of the trip. It was downhill after that.

Soi 11 is a farang street, where overpriced restaurants and bars vie for space along with street food vendors who cater to the construction workers who are everywhere during the day. This is where I learned to eat the street food. It was great food for literally a tenth of the stuff served in the farang restaurants. The street does do a dogleg and it is past the dogleg where you will find the Smart Suites and the Fraser Suites. I have long legs and naturally cover a lot of ground quickly. But, some will find the distance to Sukhumvit a bit much. But, the street is quiet and there is a 7-11 next door and a money exchange near the block along with a side soi where you will be asked for a massage.

The next place I stayed at was last minute. I was without a room at around 8 PM. I was at Hollies Coffee on Sukhumvit using their wireless to find a room online. The obnoxious American "girl pop" there were playing way too loud was making it hard to concentrate. I looked for the best deal and nearby was the Promenade on soi 8 for $25 at some sort of "insider special" Agoda offered. I booked it and beat it over there.

Now, the Promenade is older, well established and has mixed reviews on the travel sites. People tend to like it a lot or find it repugnant. To be sure, it is dated though I found that charming in a odd way. I showed up the front desk and told the older woman there I had just made a reservation. She could not find it yet, understandably. I pulled out my tablet and asked for the Wifi pass code, so I could log into the Agoda app. She seemed incapable of providing me the Wifi key, but the concierge (yes, that have a concierge by the door in the evening) came over and got me online. Once I pulled up the reservation on Agoda, she was still confused and had to call somebody and get advice on what to do. I asked when was check out and she said "Usually around 12:30", which told me nothing. Finally she asked, "would you like a room higher up?" I said yes, if it would be quieter. She gave me the key. An old style metal key and it turned out my room was only on the second floor. Really? What was the point of asking me if I wanted a room higher up in the first place? I got to my room and it was not bad, but dated in a quaint way. It had a king bed, and there was wood paneling along the walls, with ample shelves and cabinets. Two fluorescent fixtures were in the false ceiling. The place looked like my parents' living room in the "custom home" they had built in the late 70's. It was all very odd and then I realized it must have been an office. The bathroom was okay with a traditional bathtub and shower curtain. An ancient clock on the wall had a face that said "Discover America", though it was not working. The windows were wall-to-wall, and there were no blackout drapes, and the room faced the east. I knew sleeping in would be hard there. I got on LINE and tried to hook up with a masseuse who had given me a oil massage followed by a BBBJ the previous day. She had offered me her LINE info and wanted to hook up before heading back home to Isaan for a long visit. Sadly, I never heard back from her until later the next day, after I had traveled north. She needed some extra cash and I needed to see those perfect tits of hers just one more time. It didn't happen.

Some reviews of the Promenade claim there are hookers plying their trade in the lobby. The usual tired, old female reviewers on Agoda complaining about men having fun with younger, Asian girls. But, all I saw was a tired, older looking ladyboy sitting on the couch, minding her own business. I went to get some food on the street and met a cool young, Swedish guy. We hit Soi 4 together and it hit me how quick it was to get from the Promenade to Soi 4 and Nana Plaza. And the Promenade is notoriously guest friendly. I think it is a decent place for an encounter, and it was actually pretty quiet in the room, despite the closeness to the ground. In summary, I would like to like the Promenade. But, the front desk needs to be given some priority attention.

Red Kilt
12-11-16, 05:20
If I booked a non-refundable hotel for 1 week on a site like agoda, booking, hotels, etc. And was scheduled to check in tomorrow, would I still be able to check in 3 days from now?If you read the fine print you will see that non-refundable bookings are just that. Non-refundable.

It's why they can offer prices so much lower than the rack rate in the hotel.

If you are uncertain of your dates then you should book refundable options.

It's not rocket science. Non-refundable rates are usually much cheaper than regular or refundable rates.

All of the booking sites (like Agoda, Asia Rooms etc) are what the hotels call 3rd party providers and according to hotels they are independent of the hotel management.

So, if you booked for 7 days and turned up 3 days late, you will have only 4 nights available for you. It is likely that your room was tied up for the 3 days because you might have arrived at any time.

Incidentally, although there seems to be a plethora of booking sites for hotels, in reality there are only 3 or 4 major sites.

See this link http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/travel/chi-travel-web-sites-story.html.

Syzygies
12-11-16, 06:28
Arrived Thursday afternoon of last week, and checked into Ruamchitt Plaza on Sukhumvit. The place is a bit legendary and had my curiosity, particularly with Thermae in the basement. Why change Hotels so much? Just curious. On finding one you are happy with, could extend the booking?

Manfield04
12-11-16, 06:42
Thanks for sharing. Interesting to read the information. I think booking.com is owned by Priceline.com Inc. But the article does not mention it.

See this link http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/travel/chi-travel-web-sites-story.html .

Eszpresszo
12-11-16, 07:17
Why change Hotels so much? Just curious. On finding one you are happy with, could extend the booking?In hindsight, I wish I had stayed at Ruamchitt longer. But, I was curious what other guest friendly hotels were out there, and was booking whatever deals I could find online. I prepaid the two rooms at Sam's Lodge because it was a non-refundable special deal for their superior room. So to extend my stay at Ruamchitt would have been a loss financially, not to mention it was a lot higher in price when I was actually there. I might have mentioned this before, but I used to work for Hotels.com before they were acquired by Interactive and bundled into Expedia. I used to write the hotel descriptions, so I am naturally curious about different hotels. It just comes natural that I want to try them all.

Syzygies
12-11-16, 08:26
Thanks for sharing. Interesting to read the information. I think booking.com is owned by Priceline.com Inc. But the article does not mention it.Yes and who owns Agoda and Wotif, etc.?

Pity the article mentions a lot of booking sites I never heard of but omits some more well known ones.

I was very disappointed when Wotif web site was revamped to become almost identical to some "competitiors" (or co owned sites) and removing the grid function that listed prices by Hotels and each individual night, making a consideration to change Hotels on a certain date less easy. I much prefer to see the Hotel charge broken down to price on each individual day to better tailor my length of stay to price optimum dates.

In a recent stay I would have changed the check out date if I had known in advance that the weekend was much more expensive per night than week days. Wasted some Baht.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_website

Eszpresszo
12-11-16, 08:28
Yes and who owns Agoda and Wotif, etc.?

Pity the article mentions a lot of booking sites I never heard of but omits some more well known ones.

I was very disappointed when Wotif web site was revamped to become almost identical to some "competitiors" (or co owned sites) and removing the grid function that listed prices by Hotels and each individual night, making a consideration to change Hotels on a certain date less easy. I much prefer to see the Hotel charge broken down to price on each individual day to better tailor my length of stay to price optimum dates.Booking.com and Agoda are sister sites, so I would think Agoda is also owned by Priceline. Note that Agoda doesn't include taxes and fees, whereas Booking.com does. The end price is pretty much the same.

Manfield04
12-11-16, 08:43
While booking a room in a hotel, I saw the price at US $40 per night. But when I tried to book the room for 6 nights, the total price indicated was US $300. I, then, checked the price for each of the 6 nights separately, the price for each night was still at US $ 40. What I did was to book the same room 6 times for 6 different nights at US $ 40 per night for a total of US $ 240.00. When I checked in at the hotel, I requested to be in the same room for the 6 nights although I had 6 different bookings. They agreed.

I much prefer to see the Hotel charge broken down to price on each individual day to better tailor my length of stay to price optimum dates.

Red Kilt
12-11-16, 09:17
Yes and who owns Agoda and Wotif, etc.?

I much prefer to see the Hotel charge broken down to price on each individual day to better tailor my length of stay to price optimum dates.Agoda is owned by Priceline.

It's easy to check the ownership of most sites either by going to the "About Us) page or reading the fine print at the bottom of most home pages and the company will describe their corporate structure.

Hotels.com (Expedia) gives you the overall price for your stay but then breaks it down into a day-by-day rate, and often the weekends are actually CHEAPER than during the week. I usually stay at so-called "business hotels" so they cater to the Mon to Frid crowd meaning weekends are often cheaper.

Banana Boi
12-11-16, 09:28
While booking a room in a hotel, I saw the price at US $40 per night. But when I tried to book the room for 6 nights, the total price indicated was US $300. I, then, checked the price for each of the 6 nights separately, the price for each night was still at US $ 40. What I did was to book the same room 6 times for 6 different nights at US $ 40 per night for a total of US $ 240.00. When I checked in at the hotel, I requested to be in the same room for the 6 nights although I had 6 different bookings. They agreed.I've done this many times as well. Many times it is cheaper to book multiple 1-3 day bookings for a long stay than to book a single booking over a week or 3.

Syzygies
12-11-16, 13:53
Booking.com and Agoda are sister sites, so I would think Agoda is also owned by Priceline. Note that Agoda doesn't include taxes and fees, whereas Booking.com does. The end price is pretty much the same.Yes the web site I quoted gives the information for a few booking names.

BokKen24
12-12-16, 12:20
Anyone have any experience / feedback?

Syzygies
12-13-16, 05:21
Warning Hotel prices on the rise. Last week Marvin in Sathorn was 950 Baht per night mid week. This week 1400. I expect the cheaper good deal Hotels are filling rapidly in Sukhumvit as well. I only needed Hotel as a mongering stay. LOL So 1400 is too high for just some where to fuck a girl.

Eric Swiss
12-19-16, 03:57
I had a bit of a negotiation with a weird girl at the PB hotel recently, so I'd like to lay low for a while and find alternatives. I don't want to be remembered as "the guy who was difficult last time", because that can only come back to bite me in the ass. Although I like the place in principle: centrally located, acceptable quality standards, and short-time prices. Mirrors! Fuck-chairs!

Ruamchitt I have used with satisfaction, but it's more like a full-day / night rate, so makes you wonder what else you could have done with the extra 1000 Baht.

I know a short-time motel on Soi Ruamrudee but it's a bit dilapidated. I like higher standards.

I may have been once at a place near Nana Plaza on or near Soi 4. It could have been the CheQinn but I was too drunk to remember. I just remember I paid short-time price and it was rather luxurious.

I remember also some freelancer from the live music bar near the Asoke end of Soi Cowboy took me once to some pretty decent short-time hotel near Soi 15 (I think), but I could not find it again.

Any suggestions for the best short-time hotels in the area? Money is no object, as long as it's in the short-time zone, which I would call 350-500, but quality and location are priorities.

Eszpresszo
12-19-16, 04:28
Warning Hotel prices on the rise. Last week Marvin in Sathorn was 950 Baht per night mid week. This week 1400. I expect the cheaper good deal Hotels are filling rapidly in Sukhumvit as well. I only needed Hotel as a mongering stay. LOL So 1400 is too high for just some where to fuck a girl.Do you think that might just be seasonal rates going into effect? Or just the higher occupancy of the high season affecting the price?

Crazy4Thai
12-19-16, 05:04
Eric, I'm no expert on this topic but do remember a suitable place deeper into Soi 4 from Nana. It is in the alleyway that is next to the American bar, The Tavern. The hotel is called the Bed. Not luxurious but not a dump.

Eric Swiss
12-19-16, 07:50
Eric, I'm no expert on this topic but do remember a suitable place deeper into Soi 4 from Nana. It is in the alleyway that is next to the American bar, The Tavern. The hotel is called the Bed. Not luxurious but not a dump.Thanks Mate. I think this alleyway may just be the same one that girl dragged me into a while ago. Good to know at least one hotel there does short-time. I may have to go there myself and just ask.

Syzygies
12-20-16, 07:33
Eric, I'm no expert on this topic but do remember a suitable place deeper into Soi 4 from Nana. It is in the alleyway that is next to the American bar, The Tavern. The hotel is called the Bed. Not luxurious but not a dump.Da Bed is in same Soi as Di Place. Di Place is a higher standard Hotel overall but this does not really apply to the very small short time rooms. I have not tried Da Bed.

It is well known that Nana Plaza has really shitty short time rooms inside. I do not use any more.

In Soi 7/1 there is Atlas with rooms of varying standard from good to excellent (refurbished). At cowboy there is Penny Black and Asoke Place. I prefer Asoke Place (cheaper), if you don't mind seeing most of the Asian customers with ladyboys on their arm. There may well be more ladyboys going in there than real women.

In Soi 33 there is Peep Inn. And in Sukumvit Soi 1/1 (officially) is PB Hotel (back Soi off Soi 3).

Some Hotels could be got quite cheap for whole night, e. G. Royal Express Soi 8 for 540 Baht, seen recently. Di Place, Atlas, and Ruamchit all have rooms for the whole night around the 1000 Baht mark I believe, however Atlas ST rooms are better than Di Place ST rooms.

Miami has rooms of varying prices depending what is available but not really recommended. Too old and run down.

Ruamchit Plaza may have ST rooms for 600 Baht (at times when available), however I would prefer to pay 350 at Atlas, not very far to walk from Thermae.

Near Pat Pong, I recommend The Strand for use ST Only. It's too noisy there to stay the night. There are some very cheap LT options in Sathorn district.

Most ST Hotels will have a special price if you want to stay a bit longer than the normal ST. Some ST Hotels are only giving you 60 mins. Another price for 2 hours, but have to weigh that against whole night prices nearby. I have requested 90 mins at Di Place but can't recall the price increase.

I have been taking a girl regularly for long bookings or sometimes overnight so have been using a very cheap normal Hotel for mongering convenience.

I slightly prefer ST rooms that have a window. At Atlas, can look out to the Sordid Soi Eden. LOL Other requirements are basic. Clean comfortable bed, aircon works and controllable, no stench, shower works.

Banana Boi
12-20-16, 12:29
Ruamchit Plaza may have ST rooms for 600 Baht (at times when available), however I would prefer to pay 350 at Atlas, not very far to walk from Thermae.
However, staying at Ruamchit may sway a girl's willingness to go with you and price (less time). They are always happy when I tell them I am staying upstairs or at a nice hotel nearby.

JayDee006
12-20-16, 14:27
I am looking at staying at the Vie by Sofitel. Anyone know if they are guest friendly? I have emailed them but am yet to get a reply.

Zauberfee
12-20-16, 20:31
I am looking at staying at the Vie by Sofitel. Anyone know if they are guest friendly? I have emailed them but am yet to get a reply.For my own experience it's GF, but the location might not be the best, depending on your mongering plans.

Eric Swiss
12-21-16, 22:13
Da Bed is in same Soi as Di Place. Di Place is a higher standard Hotel overall but this does not really apply to the very small short time rooms. I have not tried Da Bed.

It is well known that Nana Plaza has really shitty short time rooms inside. I do not use any more.

In Soi 7/1 there is Atlas with rooms of varying standard from good to excellent (refurbished). At cowboy there is Penny Black and Asoke Place. I prefer Asoke Place (cheaper), if you don't mind seeing most of the Asian customers with ladyboys on their arm. There may well be more ladyboys going in there than real women.

In Soi 33 there is Peep Inn. And in Sukumvit Soi 1/1 (officially) is PB Hotel (back Soi off Soi 3).

Some Hotels could be got quite cheap for whole night, e. G. Royal Express Soi 8 for 540 Baht, seen recently. Di Place, Atlas, and Ruamchit all have rooms for the whole night around the 1000 Baht mark I believe, however Atlas ST rooms are better than Di Place ST rooms.

Miami has rooms of varying prices depending what is available but not really recommended. Too old and run down.

Near Pat Pong, I recommend The Strand for use ST Only. It's too noisy there to stay the night. There are some very cheap LT options in Sathorn district.

Most ST Hotels will have a special price if you want to stay a bit longer than the normal ST. Some ST Hotels are only giving you 60 mins. Another price for 2 hours, but have to weigh that against whole night prices nearby. I have requested 90 mins at Di Place but can't recall the price increase.

I have been taking a girl regularly for long bookings or sometimes overnight so have been using a very cheap normal Hotel for mongering convenience.

I slightly prefer ST rooms that have a window. At Atlas, can look out to the Sordid Soi Eden. LOL Other requirements are basic. Clean comfortable bed, aircon works and controllable, no stench, shower works.Wow just wow. How do we flag things up as reports of distinction in this thread?

Blr City
12-23-16, 11:17
Planning to stay in Ambassador hotel for 2 nights.

Main reason for picking this hotel is the climax club.

I am landing around 2 AM. Are girls still around at 3-4 AM in the morning.

Manfield04
12-23-16, 20:03
Ambassador Hotel is a little worn out. If you are looking for FLs near Nana Plaza, then I would suggest Phachara Suites or Dynasty Grande as I believe they are better hotels in that area.

Planning to stay in Ambassador hotel for 2 nights. Main reason for picking this hotel is the climax club. I am landing around 2 AM. Are girls still around at 3-4 AM in the morning.

Kumbu
12-24-16, 07:57

I am landing around 2 AM. Are girls still around at 3-4 AM in the morning.Totally agree with Manfield. Ambassador is old and run down. If Climax is your thing (and this is coming from a card carrying fan of Climax), then I'd recommend one of the following:

- Aloft.

- Grand Swiss.

- Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

You could even do the President Palace (better than Ambassador), or Citadines.

All of these are within 5 minutes walk of Climax. Fraser and Grand Swiss are the furthest, but Fraser in particular is very nice, and well worth the extra few minutes walking. I find that walk to be very positive. It helps build chemistry between you and the girl, and when she gets into the hotel she is ready to rock and roll. Only downside to Fraser is the distance to the BTS, but I usually jump on a motocy for 15 baht.

Allover
12-24-16, 13:27
Totally agree with Manfield. Ambassador is old and run down. If Climax is your thing (and this is coming from a card carrying fan of Climax), then I'd recommend one of the following:

- Aloft.

- Grand Swiss.

- Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

You could even do the President Palace (better than Ambassador), or Citadines.

All of these are within 5 minutes walk of Climax. Fraser and Grand Swiss are the furthest, but Fraser in particular is very nice, and well worth the extra few minutes walking. I find that walk to be very positive. It helps build chemistry between you and the girl, and when she gets into the hotel she is ready to rock and roll. Only downside to Fraser is the distance to the BTS, but I usually jump on a motocy for 15 baht.Would definitely stay away from the Ambassador as it is run down. There are tons of hotels near Climax and there are many on Soi 11 itself. I love Soi 11. I've been thinking about The Grand Swiss for my next visit but I'll check out reviews before I book. The President Palace is being rebranded to a Mercure. I believe the hotel is still closed for renovations.

Mumbai Guy
12-24-16, 15:02
Would definitely stay away from the Ambassador as it is run down. There are tons of hotels near Climax and there are many on Soi 11 itself. I love Soi 11. I've been thinking about The Grand Swiss for my next visit but I'll check out reviews before I book. The President Palace is being rebranded to a Mercure. I believe the hotel is still closed for renovations.Wise decision. Ambassador is a bad choice. Grand Swiss is really good. I have stayed there several times. Just five minutes walk from Climax and two minutes fro Nana BTS.

PogoStick
12-25-16, 18:08

I am landing around 2 AM. Are girls still around at 3-4 AM in the morning.Head down the passageway to Soi 11. There is one passage that is almost all massage shops. They will be open at that time. There will also be plenty of FLs on Soi 11.

Nixonbd
12-29-16, 19:23

I am landing around 2 AM. Are girls still around at 3-4 AM in the morning.Booked the Ambassador for six nights last May; stayed one night and left. It's shit-hole! AC only blew room temp air and couldn't be lowered, there was no TP in the bathroom and the bathroom was full of mold. And that was an "upgraded" room on the 21st floor. Went on Hotels.com and switched to the Dynasty Grande, which was a good move, 100% better hotel.

Flyer98
01-01-17, 20:31
I have stayed at this hotel before and it is really nice. As I have status with Marriott, I tend to get treated well. Last time I was there, I was with a traveling companion, so we just checked in together. I have noticed that the Marriott on Soi 4 is now guest friendly. That was not true back in the day. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Soi 57 location in Thonglor is also guest friendly. Not the biggest deal in the world, as I am only staying two nights before heading down to Jomtien, but it would be good to know.

LA Guy 5
01-02-17, 03:04
I have stayed at this hotel before and it is really nice. As I have status with Marriott, I tend to get treated well. Last time I was there, I was with a traveling companion, so we just checked in together. I have noticed that the Marriott on Soi 4 is now guest friendly. That was not true back in the day. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Soi 57 location in Thonglor is also guest friendly. Not the biggest deal in the world, as I am only staying two nights before heading down to Jomtien, but it would be good to know.Assuming you are referring to the J. W. Marriott as the Marriott on Soi 4, I always thought it was guest friendly. I only stayed there once, about ten years ago, but did not have any trouble bringing a girl back to the room then. I don't know about the Marriott on Soi 57, however. I am interested because with the Marriott / SPG merger I now have top status with Marriott. Do they have a lounge (perhaps unlikely given they are "executive apartments"), and when you state you were treated well there owing to your status, could you be a bit more specific about what that entailed (e. G, room upgrade, etc.)?

Member #4698
01-02-17, 03:39
The Marriott Thonglor Executive Apartment Hotel is girlfriendly. I have stayed there a couple times and I like it. Actually this Marriott property is two hotels (Marriott Thonglor Exec Apartments & Marriott Hotel Thonglor) in one building, with one lobby, one pool, one exercise room, several restaruants, but different elevators separating the exec apatments from the regular hotel rooms and two different booking sytems. The lower floors are where the Executive 1 bedrrom and 2 bedroom apartments are located. These suites have a separate living room and kitchen which I like a lot. The higher floors are where the regular Marriott hotel rooms are located.

I have a booking coming up shortly for a 1 bedroom Exec apartment. My rate is 2880 bt/night which I consider a very good deal. The Hotel's buffet breakfast is bountiful and very tasty, but is extra although the last time I stayed there they did not charge me for half of my breakfasts. Marriott does not accept points or vouchers in lieu of payment for their Exec Apartment Hotel rooms and these suites earn less reward point multiples when using the Marriott CC compared to the rooms in the Marriott Hotel Thonglor which are treated like any other Marriott Hotel rooms elsewhere in terms of vouchers and reward points. It should be noted that the Marriott Hotel Thonglor is not a JW Hotel and is considered a step down in class from a flagship JW Marriott property.

This hotel has a really nice, open air, roof top bar and restaurant called Octave Rooftop Bar And Lounge. I have never seen any FL's here, but it is a very pleasant place to bring a girl at night and have a couple drinks. I have invited Mini and her BFF here a couple of times and the girls enjoyed the ambiance a lot and so did I. The pool is pretty nice as well.

Flyer98
01-02-17, 15:42
The Marriott Thonglor Executive Apartment Hotel is girlfriendly. I have stayed there a couple times and I like it. .......... You describe the hotel well. To the other gentleman, with the highest status you will get concierge room privileges. The food is more than decent and I think there is free wine and beer at night. The only problem is getting back out to check out a restaurant and hit a bar, after the food and drinks.

Bad Duck
01-08-17, 14:22
Weird as this may sound, I'm hoping someone can help me find a GF hotel in BKK which comes with a view of the city.

I really want to wake up and take in the sights, and / or have a light and look at the skyline.

I prefer staying in the mongering town but its not a limitation. I don't mind walking 15 to 20 minutes to get to Soi Cowboy or Nana.

Budget is somewhere around 2000 b to 2500 b a night.

Help?

Syzygies
01-09-17, 03:05
Weird as this may sound, I'm hoping someone can help me find a GF hotel in BKK which comes with a view of the city.

I really want to wake up and take in the sights, and / or have a light and look at the skyline.

I prefer staying in the mongering town but its not a limitation. I don't mind walking 15 to 20 minutes to get to Soi Cowboy or Nana.

Help?There are Hotels very tall with great views. Not sure that any will be in your price range unless they have a special on. You would have to request a higher floor with view perhaps.

Example Hotels very tall in the area: Landmark, Westin, Column, Sheraton, Centrepoint Terminal 21, etc. Baiyoke Sky Tower is likely to be the cheapest with incredible views but is not in the area. Its in Pratuu Naam. Not sure if it's 100% GF. I have been impressed by the views from Column Hotel and stayed there, but you may find the price is a little high. Highly recommended. Bar and pool and restaurant on the very top is very good.

Centara Grand at Central World not quite in the area and also more expensive.

So I think your requirements may be incompatible. Perhaps Omni Tower is cheap, but I don't know how good its views are. One would expect the higher floor rooms may be more expensive.

Member #2041
01-09-17, 03:22
There are Hotels very tall with great views. Not sure that any will be in your price range unless they have a special on. You would have to request a higher floor with view perhaps.

Example Hotels very tall in the area: Landmark, Westin, Column, Sheraton, Centrepoint Terminal 21, etc. Baiyoke Sky Tower is likely to be the cheapest with incredible views but is not in the area. Its in Pratuu Naam. Not sure if it's 100% GF. I have been impressed by the views from Column Hotel and stayed there, but you may find the price is a little high. Highly recommended. Bar and pool and restaurant on the very top is very good.

Centara Grand at Central World on quite in the area and also more expensive.

So I think your requirements may be incompatible. Perhaps Omni Tower is cheap, but I don't know how good its views are. One would expect the higher floor rooms may be more expensive.

Bad Duck, your price range is going to be a problem for anything really tall. Royal Orchid Sheraton has great views, but I think you won't get it for less than 3500 baht. I used to stay there with Starwood points back when it was an SPG Cat-2, but those days are long gone.

Member #4611
01-09-17, 05:00
Weird as this may sound, I'm hoping someone can help me find a GF hotel in BKK which comes with a view of the city....

Snip

Help?Will be tough on that budget. The suggested Column on Soi 16 might be your best bet. But still more than 2.5 K baht. Park Plaza Sukumvit? Or ask for high floor in Novotel on Soi 20 or Royal Tulip Madison also on Soi 20- ask for room facing west not Soi 20. Those may be a bit of a hike to Sukhumvit for you tho'.

FK.

GDreams
01-09-17, 05:50
Bad Duck, your price range is going to be a problem for anything really tall. Royal Orchid Sheraton has great views, but I think you won't get it for less than 3500 baht. I used to stay there with Starwood points back when it was an SPG Cat-2, but those days are long gone.I am an SPG member and The Royal Orchid is usually where I go if I want really cheap. SPG will provide a best rate guarantee and you can get an extra 20% off if you achieve one. I have never failed to find one for the ROS and usually pay around 1800-2000 baht ++. Try Galahotels or hotelscombined for a start in finding BRGs.

Kumbu
01-09-17, 07:21

Help?I'd recommend Fraser Sukhmvit Suites. Typically their prices are at the top end of your budget, but you might get a special. I would go for a one bedroom on the 25-30th floor. They all have decent city views from one window on another. Some also have little patios, where if you dare, you can fuck out in the open air, for all to see. Some girls allow this, most are too shy. As I said, the price might be high for you; however, if you are staying for a long stay, e. G. , one month, you can probably get a total price of 60-70,000 baht (depending on the season), which is within your range.

And the hotel itself is on soi 11, a 10 minute walk from Climax, and a short motocy ride to the BTS.

Pahllus Maximus
01-10-17, 12:02
Any quiet hotels, nice soft mattress for trans-pacific flight recovery under THB3 k? Same for Pattaya. There is a lot to be said for a big, dreamy, soft mattress. One place I'll diss is Fusion Suites Soi 19. Cigarette stained mattress that is rock hard, smokey floor, run down and noisy from street traffic.

The only thing that should be hard is me, not the flipping mattress. My honey's like soft mattresses and hard appendage.

Today I tried Mat at Pink's on Soi 24. Cute, 19, braces. But had no lube, no backdoor, BJ only with cover, no mirrors on wall, but despite that tiny and gorgeous and after 20 hours on a plane, very horny and gave her a thorough pounding for her teen body. Too bad about the concealed tatts. He is very good with balls and butt massage, knows how to get a guy honey even though she looks so young and cute. Did reverse cowboy.

Pinks I think is dodgy, OK, but I did ask for the above and was assured it was all included. Maybe I ought to complain and next one 50% off.

Onto to Mango or Apple on Soi 26 later tonight after a recharge.

Ed Setra
01-10-17, 13:43
Any quiet hotels, nice soft mattress for trans-pacific flight recovery under THB3 k? .Try the Admiral Suites on Soi 23 (Admiral Suites Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, to give it its full name). Agoda or usual bookers might get you in the range.

Beds are soft on top, but firm enough. YMMV.

Syzygies
01-11-17, 12:27
Any quiet hotels, nice soft mattress for trans-pacific flight recovery under THB3 k? Same for Pattaya. There is a lot to be said for a big, dreamy, soft mattress. One place I'll diss is Fusion Suites Soi 19. Cigarette stained mattress that is rock hard, smokey floor, run down and noisy from street traffic.

The only thing that should be hard is me, not the flipping mattress. My honey's like soft mattresses and hard appendage.
Grande Pullman (ex Millenium) Sukhumvit Soi 21 has mattresses that are like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. Amazingly soft and comfortable I found. 5 stars? (maybe 4 and a half) but sometimes have discount prices. I am sure you could not be disappointed. I have not stayed in many other 5 star places.

Places I recall with extra hard mattresses were Grand Bus Inn Soi 11 and Citadines Soi 23. I have got used to moderately firm these days, so for a lot of Hotels I just do not notice anything unusual about the mattress. Short Time Hotels often have quite hard mattresses, and of course just low quality places. Hard mattresses are so much cheaper to buy.

Its Admiral Premier that is on Soi 23, not Admiral Suites which is a significantly cheaper hotel in Soi 22. I have recommended Admiral Premier many times, but don't really recall just how soft the mattress is. Fine for me.

Ed Setra
01-11-17, 20:29
Its Admiral Premier that is on Soi 23, not Admiral Suites which is a significantly cheaper hotel in Soi 22. I have recommended Admiral Premier many times, but don't really recall just how soft the mattress is. Fine for me.Thanks, my mistake.

It is indeed at Admiral Premier on Soi 23 that I enjoyed a comfortable bed. The mattress itself was probably firm, but they use a yielding mattress cover which makes it feel quite soft and comfortable.

Smoothy
01-12-17, 05:58
Grande Pullman (ex Millenium) Sukhumvit Soi 21 has mattresses that are like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. Amazingly soft and comfortable I found. That hotel does have great beds! I also like the beds at the JW Marriott on soi 2. Majestic Grande beds aren't bad and that hotel is far cheaper.

Viper10
01-19-17, 17:02
I am headed to Bangkok in may and there will be 4 of us. Anyone can recommend the closest place to Nana that will have 4 bedroom and 4 bathrooms? Hotel or condo is fine. Any help would be appreciated. Of course there should be no problems with bringing up girls.

Viper10.

Christian G
01-19-17, 17:53
I am headed to Bangkok in may and there will be 4 of us. Anyone can recommend the closest place to Nana that will have 4 bedroom and 4 bathrooms? Hotel or condo is fine. Any help would be appreciated. Of course there should be no problems with bringing up girls.

Viper10.Orchid View Apartment isn't in Nana but in Phrom Phong, but they have a 4 bedrooms apartment with 4 bahtrooms.

https://www.agoda.com/it-it/orchid-view-apartment/hotel/bangkok-th.html

Viper10
01-19-17, 19:11
No availability there.

Orchid View Apartment isn't in Nana but in Phrom Phong, but they have a 4 bedrooms apartment with 4 bahtrooms.

https://www.agoda.com/it-it/orchid-view-apartment/hotel/bangkok-th.html

Viper10
01-23-17, 04:01
It looks like I will book Aetas residence. Can someone confirm that they are guest friendly and will have no problems? Thanks guys.

Viper10.

Syzygies
01-23-17, 06:10
It looks like I will book Aetas residence. Can someone confirm that they are guest friendly and will have no problems? Thanks guys.

Viper10.I never heard of it before. It may be too new, for anyone to know about it.

Penguin69
01-23-17, 10:48
Comparing prices and what you can get, the latter seems a good alternative in the larger cities like Bangkok.

Has anyone experiences? I'm looking at options.

Syzygies
01-24-17, 03:49
Comparing prices and what you can get, the latter seems a good alternative in the larger cities like Bangkok.

Has anyone experiences? I'm looking at options.I have not used AIRBNB as yet.

I have seen some very good prices offered for nice apartments through AirBNB in some locations, worthwhile for a longer stay. However there is a risk with private arrangements, that the offered property will be withdrawn without prior notice (some Thais are very unreliable) or it is not actually available. LOL. So always need to consider a fall back plan. Flexibility, I don't know. Check in and check out times may be inflexible. Saw one advertised for Check in and Check out at midnight. LOL.

Christian G
01-24-17, 10:27

Has anyone experiences? I'm looking at options.I used AirBnB in Tokyo and Pattaya, is a good website and you can find some very good deal. Just read carefully the house rules, what is included or not and ask to the owner all your question before make a booking. You have also to plan with the owner how to make a check in and check out. Usually on Airbnb you have strict cancellation policy.

Dusty Dog
01-24-17, 14:31

Viper10.Aetas is very nice and friendly but it has been condemned as it is illegal built. So it may not be there for long.

Darpra
01-24-17, 20:54
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, visiting Bangkok and Pattaya this April. Many have said that if you book a room for 2 and if already 2 of you have checked in then the hotels would charge you for bringing in a bar girl. Is that true or does guest friendliness apply in all cases. I will be staying near Nana in Bangkok and near walking street in Pattaya.

Dg8787
01-24-17, 21:51
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, visiting Bangkok and Pattaya this April. Many have said that if you book a room for 2 and if already 2 of you have checked in then the hotels would charge you for bringing in a bar girl. Is that true or does guest friendliness apply in all cases. I will be staying near Nana in Bangkok and near walking street in Pattaya.2 plus 1 equals 3. Extra charge.

Your next question might be. If I get girl for 2 pops can I share one pop each with my friend without extra charge? Maybe if discussed and agreed to upfront. And maybe not.

Darpra
01-24-17, 22:58
2 plus 1 equals 3. Extra charge.

Your next question might be. If I get girl for 2 pops can I share one pop each with my friend without extra charge? Maybe if discussed and agreed to upfront. And maybe not.LOL no. How much would I usually pay the hotel per girl I bring in?

Shekhar647
01-25-17, 02:20
LOL no. How much would I usually pay the hotel per girl I bring in?Depends on the hotel. Some like Jasmine don't charge any amount. Others would charge 500-1000.

Dg8787
01-25-17, 05:50
LOL no. How much would I usually pay the hotel per girl I bring in?I don't know as I have never shared a room. If you are by yourself and booked the room for 2 then I have never had a problem bringing different girls in.

Hint: try being friendly and tip the doorman / security before you bring the girl straight to your room.

Dg8787
01-25-17, 05:52
Haven't heard much in the forum about Dynasty Inn next to Nana Plaza. I like the rooms in the second building in the back.

Syzygies
01-25-17, 11:36
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, visiting Bangkok and Pattaya this April. Many have said that if you book a room for 2 and if already 2 of you have checked in then the hotels would charge you for bringing in a bar girl. Is that true or does guest friendliness apply in all cases. I will be staying near Nana in Bangkok and near walking street in Pattaya.I always book a room for two, myself and a girl, different girl each time is possible, even if one of them checked in but got replaced by some other girl, on another occasion, however that would be unusual.

Once a hotel said the girl could not go to my room, because she was only 18 or 19. I was getting pissed off when finally it dawned on us that she would be allowed if she was checked in to the room too. So I have checked in P4 P girls on occasions if I trust them.

However, if you are sharing a room with a man, that is different. Most of us would not want to do that (not in our culture), and therefore have no experience. My recommendation for two guys is take separate rooms. Use a very cheap hotel if necessary.

Most Hotels are going to say a maximum of two persons, but I guess that means a maximum of 2 persons staying in the room overnight. Can't be sure of the exact rules, and it may vary from place to place. In Admiral Premier, I once took 3 girls up to my room, and no problem. Another time, two girls stayed in my room for the night, same Hotel.

I suppose Hotels don't like the image though of groups of people trying to stay in a room intended for two.

Markly2
01-25-17, 13:31
, I once took 3 girls up to my room, and no problem. Another time, two girls stayed in my room for the night, same Hotel.

I suppose Hotels don't like the image though of groups of people trying to stay in a room intended for two.I have taken 2 and 3 girls overnight in the Mermaid Hotel (Soi 29) and no one battede an eyelid.

Syzygies
01-25-17, 13:41
I have taken 2 and 3 girls overnight in the Mermaid Hotel (Soi 29) and no one battede an eyelid.Yes this is a good Hotel, good price, and newly renovated not long. Good value, good location. My favorite one to recommend these days.

Darpra
01-25-17, 19:03
I always book a room for two, myself and a girl, different girl each time is possible, even if one of them checked in but got replaced by some other girl, on another occasion, however that would be unusual.

Once a hotel said the girl could not go to my room, because she was only 18 or 19. I was getting pissed off when finally it dawned on us that she would be allowed if she was checked in to the room too. So I have checked in P4 P girls on occasions if I trust them.

However, if you are sharing a room with a man, that is different. Most of us would not want to do that (not in our culture), and therefore have no experience. My recommendation for two guys is take separate rooms. Use a very cheap hotel if necessary.

Most Hotels are going to say a maximum of two persons, but I guess that means a maximum of 2 persons staying in the room overnight. Can't be sure of the exact rules, and it may vary from place to place. In Admiral Premier, I once took 3 girls up to my room, and no problem. Another time, two girls stayed in my room for the night, same Hotel.

I suppose Hotels don't like the image though of groups of people trying to stay in a room intended for two.Thanks for your reply. One hotel reverted back saying its 300 baht / girl if I don't book an extra room. It seems to be cheaper to book an additional room.

Phuquer
01-25-17, 20:11
Haven't heard much in the forum about Dynasty Inn next to Nana Plaza. I like the rooms in the second building in the back.Dynasty Inn is decent enough. I hated being so close to the action (almost right on top of it), but some people would like this.

The rooms were clean, but a bit dated. I didn't dig the wall panels (too dark), and no view from the window.

On the plus side, I did get the feeling that the maids could be convinced to do the deed. They always hung out right by my door laughing and joking around. They always gave me big hugs when I got back to my room, and always asked if I was bringing someone in today. I never pursued the issue as I wasn't interested in them at the time but I think another stay at Dynasty Inn is in order so I can make an attempt at crossing "Hotel Maid" off my bucket list.

Syzygies
01-26-17, 01:56
On the plus side, I did get the feeling that the maids could be convinced to do the deed. They always hung out right by my door laughing and joking around. They always gave me big hugs when I got back to my room, and always asked if I was bringing someone in today. I never pursued the issue as I wasn't interested in them at the time but I think another stay at Dynasty Inn is in order so I can make an attempt at crossing "Hotel Maid" off my bucket list.I once took a girl from the Thermae who worked as a Hotel maid, and she was really excellent. Her husband had died from an accident so her hotel pay was not enough to support her child and family.

However would be a bit risky for the maid to play up in the Hotel she works at. Take her to a nearby ST Hotel like Di Place might be better. Some of them definitely need the money. Probably a percentage of part time freelancers are also Hotel maids.

When maids are cleaning your room, they are expected to leave the room door wide open, to show that no hanky panky is happening inside and to preserve their reputation.

Dg8787
01-26-17, 02:41
I once took a girl from the Thermae who worked as a Hotel maid, and she was really excellent. Her husband had died from an accident so her hotel pay was not enough to support her child and family.

However would be a bit risky for the maid to play up in the Hotel she works at. Take her to a nearby ST Hotel like Di Place might be better. Some of them definitely need the money. Probably a percentage of part time freelancers are also Hotel maids.

When maids are cleaning your room, they are expected to leave the room door wide open, to show that no hanky panky is happening inside and to preserve their reputation.In my last two stays I noticed a couple of maids flirting with me. I wasn't interested as I didn't want to risk any drama as I was bringing in other girls.

The maids hang out in an unoccupied room when there is no work at the moment. I don't doubt that one maid would cover for the other one if the opportunity struck.

Phuquer
01-26-17, 06:49
However would be a bit risky for the maid to play up in the Hotel she works at. Take her to a nearby ST Hotel like.....That wouldn't fulfill my bucket list item. If I do, then she is just another girl on the street who happens to work in a hotel. The fantasy is that she walks into my room and one thing leads to another. Like I said, not at all expecting it to happen but it did seem like it was possible at the Dynasty Inn that time. Maybe it was just the girl, or maybe it was the timing. Perhaps next time it won't be the same at all. Won't know unless I try. By the way, years back (maybe 2002 or 2003) there was a girl working at the breakfast buffet at the Grand President who was definitely available and not at all afraid to be flirty. She was very cute, too.

Syzygies
01-26-17, 07:48
That wouldn't fulfill my bucket list item. If I do, then she is just another girl on the street who happens to work in a hotel. The fantasy is that she walks into my room and one thing leads to another. Like I said, not at all expecting it to happen but it did seem like it was possible at the Dynasty Inn that time. Maybe it was just the girl, or maybe it was the timing. Perhaps next time it won't be the same at all. Won't know unless I try. By the way, years back (maybe 2002 or 2003) there was a girl working at the breakfast buffet at the Grand President who was definitely available and not at all afraid to be flirty. She was very cute, too.I don't believe it is realistically possible. She would get fired! Will just have to remain a fantasy. She might have the desire, but would not risk it, especially not for free. Most hotels have video cameras in the hall I think.

It is common for Hotels with massage service, for the massage lady to fuck, of course. In this case there is a valid reason to close the door and lock it.

If you rent an apartment and employ a private maid to come and clean, then is possible.

Hotman 666
01-26-17, 13:13
That wouldn't fulfill my bucket list item. If I do, then she is just another girl on the street who happens to work in a hotel. The fantasy is that she walks into my room and one thing leads to another. Like I said, not at all expecting it to happen but it did seem like it was possible at the Dynasty Inn that time. Maybe it was just the girl, or maybe it was the timing. Perhaps next time it won't be the same at all. Won't know unless I try. By the way, years back (maybe 2002 or 2003) there was a girl working at the breakfast buffet at the Grand President who was definitely available and not at all afraid to be flirty. She was very cute, too.I have the same "fettish" (if fettish it is) and have been lucky enough to screw several maids, and other hotel staff from the hotel I stay at In Bangkok.Most of these encounters have taken place at short time hotels near my hotel after their work day was ended but in "Lower end" hotels in Pattaya I have had the pleasure of screwing both maids and reception staff in my room.

However, my strangest encounter was on my firs visit to Lao which I posted on ISG in April 09.

As below.

Made my 1st visit to Lao recently.

Yes, the capital Vientiane is a quiet sleepy place but there is some action to be had! I crossed over from Udon Thani using the A / see bus to the bridge, got my visa and then took a 200 Baht taxi to the "City" centre.

The hotel I used was one of the central hotels with its own night club. (I will not mention the name due to the "sex with forigners" Lao laws.).

Upon check in I went to my room and found 3 chambermaids, who had obviously finished work for the day, sitting drinking beer in a small seating area just outside the lift.

2 of the maids were late 30's but the other one was VERY early 20's, a little bit chubby but rather cute.

One of the 2 older maids invited me to sit and drink a beer with them, which I did. None of them spoke much English but with my very limited Thai and a few words of English plus some universal gestures we were soon "chatting away. ".

The young cute maid seemed very shy but the other, older, 2 were soon (jokingly) asking me if I liked her! I responded that she was "Narak" which made her smile and I was soon teasing her and asking her for a kiss (which was refused.).

After the beer was finished I went to my room for a shower and a short rest but only after asking the cute maid if she wanted to join me! As expected the answer was negative with a shake of her head so I proceeded to my room for a shower and a short nap.

After around half an hour I was woken by a knock at my door. Upon opening it I found the cute young maid outside carrying a towel. After a few words from her in Lao she came inside and pointed to the bathroom!

My assumption was that she had bought me a fresh towel but I decided that I would try my luck with a little kiss and cuddle and see what happened!

After a minute or two she shook her head and pointed to the bathroom so I assumed that my few minutes of fun were up and let her and the towel go into my bathroom.

Then, to my great surprise, she proceeded to lock the bathroom door behind her and after a few minutes I heard the sound of running water.

I decided to continue my rest on the bed and see what happened. After a further few minutes the young maid came out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but the extra towel that she had brought with her, and shyly came and sat on the bed next to me! The next hour or so was absolutely GREAT!

Although initially rather shy, and obviously very inexperienced she was also very eager to learn. She had a wonderfully firm pair of boobs and just a light covering of hair on her tight pussy and seemed genuinely surprised that farrangs were so hairy. (Perhaps I was her first!

She did not seem as if she was in any great hurry and I was rather surprised that she was willing to stay with me so long but eventually, after around 1. 5 hours my room phone rang. I answered it and a female voice spoke a short phrase in Lao and hung up!

I repeated this phrase to my young cutie who nodded her head and proceeded to get dressed.

When fully dressed she pointed to the door and indicated that she needed to go. I was not sure what to do (she was obviously not asking for money) but in view of the enjoyment I had just had felt that I wanted to give her a small gift. I pulled out a 20 US $ note and put it in her hand. She transferred this to her pocket without even looking at it and after a last kiss left!

I did not see her, or the other maids again until the next day but when I did see them next the 2 older women greeted me with a big grin and a "thumbs up" sign and my young cutie gave me a shy smile. I responded with a thumbs up to the older two to indicate that I was more than happy and gave my young friend a little kiss on the cheek which made her blush and the other two laugh.

So, keep looking. It may just happen!

Enjoy,

Hotman.

Phuquer
01-26-17, 17:06
Hotman 666, that's definitely a "Can Do" attitude. I definitely got the feeling it was possible and my instincts are usually on point. I look forward to investigating if it is still possible in a few short months.

Syzygies
01-27-17, 07:36
When fully dressed she pointed to the door and indicated that she needed to go. I was not sure what to do (she was obviously not asking for money) but in view of the enjoyment I had just had felt that I wanted to give her a small gift. I pulled out a 20 US $ note and put it in her hand. She transferred this to her pocket without even looking at it and after a last kiss left!

I did not see her, or the other maids again until the next day but when I did see them next the 2 older women greeted me with a big grin and a "thumbs up" sign and my young cutie gave me a shy smile. I responded with a thumbs up to the older two to indicate that I was more than happy and gave my young friend a little kiss on the cheek which made her blush and the other two laugh.

So, keep looking. It may just happen!

Enjoy,

Hotman.The best experiences maybe the ones that will never repeat, quite like that. Anything is possible behind closed doors out of the public eye or the view of monitoring cameras. A special exception is ladyboys, known to play up somewhat in public, like displaying their bare tits, whether silicones or hormone grown.

TommyJohnson
02-05-17, 16:52
Will be staying at the Sivatel, looks great but hard to find information whether it is GF or not? Experience anyone?

Gwailo
02-07-17, 03:56
Will be staying at the Sivatel, looks great but hard to find information whether it is GF or not? Experience anyone?Send them an email and ask them what their policy is on bringing guests back to your room.

Red Kilt
02-07-17, 08:43
Send them an email and ask them what their policy is on bringing guests back to your room.Not always likely to be a very useful strategy.

Unless you have booked for 2 persons, you will get some sort of standard reply such as "Guests are allowed in rooms up to 10 pm" or something vanilla like that. Best strategy is to book for 2 persons then there is no hassle at all. In most cases the price is the same anyway.

Hotels in most parts of the world that are properly managed are not likely to state a policy in writing towards bargirls, streetwalkers or sex workers in rooms in case you are not a bona fide guest.

Maybe Bkk hotels are not so careful. I usually ignore the question because I am allowed 2 persons in the room anyway, but if you're not in a double room, then ask at check-in. You get a more honest verbal answer that way.

SomeMongerer
02-07-17, 17:55
Not very pleasant experience. Security has little English ability and he doesn't side with the customer.

I had a bad fuck and she refused to leave without tips. I had to call security and security won't do nothing and I had to push her out myself. What a mess.

I did pay the girl before hand (mistake) and she want extra money for everything else other than basic sex and she want tips later.

I don't feel safe staying in this hotel.

GDreams
02-08-17, 04:12
Not very pleasant experience. Security has little English ability and he doesn't side with the customer.

I had a bad fuck and she refused to leave without tips. I had to call security and security won't do nothing and I had to push her out myself. What a mess.

I did pay the girl before hand (mistake) and she want extra money for everything else other than basic sex and she want tips later.

I don't feel safe staying in this hotel.I thought the conclusion here would be that next time I better negotiate everything up front so there is not a big argument in the hotel room after we finish.

I think justifiably the security guard would be thinking that you got yourself into this mess now you get yourself out of it. You invited her to the room so exactly why is security responsible for removing her? If she was uninvited I would sympathize completely with you.

Syzygies
02-08-17, 04:52

I don't feel safe staying in this hotel.Bad if security sides with her.

Where did the girl come from and how much did you pay her? OK I see in other thread was an independent Escort?

Most likely a lady of the "2nd type". Mostly the online ads even say so.

I have never ever had such a problem with a girl.

Smoothy
02-08-17, 10:58
Bad if security sides with her.I don't know. I was at the Dynasty Grande once and some Indian guy was staying in the room next to me. He took a chick to his room and since it was quiet in my room, I could hear them through the walls. He promised her 4000 baht if she would do anal and she agreed. He then screwed for for over an hour (it was loud). At the end, he only gave her 1500 baht and she was livid. He told her she wasn't worth 4000. She kept yelling "I let you fuck my ass for one hour! The girl called hotel security and they came up and sided with the Indian dude. Totally wrong in my opinion. I didn't get involved, but I can understand how these girls get tainted attitudes with customers like that.

Christian G
02-08-17, 11:22
Security has little English ability and he doesn't side with the customer.
This is very bad from security there. I hope you have learned your lesson, Never pay in advance.

Syzygies
02-08-17, 11:47
I don't know. I was at the Dynasty Grande once and some Indian guy was staying in the room next to me. He took a chick to his room and since it was quiet in my room, I could hear them through the walls. He promised her 4000 baht if she would do anal and she agreed. He then screwed for for over an hour (it was loud). At the end, he only gave her 1500 baht and she was livid. He told her she wasn't worth 4000. She kept yelling "I let you fuck my ass for one hour! The girl called hotel security and they came up and sided with the Indian dude. Totally wrong in my opinion. I didn't get involved, but I can understand how these girls get tainted attitudes with customers like that.I did ask what he paid to see if he was honest or not. So I take your point.

However Hotel security are nit the domestoc squabble and money police. They are there to keep out or eject undesirables. Maybe the security were promised a tip if the "lady" got her extra money. The customer would not know.

Thai culture is strange. If a man is bashing his wife, police do not like to intervene.

SomeMongerer
02-09-17, 02:48
Bad if security sides with her.

Where did the girl come from and how much did you pay her? OK I see in other thread was an independent Escort?

Most likely a lady of the "2nd type". Mostly the online ads even say so.

I have never ever had such a problem with a girl.I paid 7000 for 2 hours even before we started, and she immediately demand more tips, and she knows I am a newbie and she asked to confirm.

That was a completely failed session as you see in the other thread for online ads. I learned my lesson.

The security later admitted the mistake and told me he didn't know what to do in that situation, but now he promised to do what I request next time. I am not so sure, so I booked another hotel for last night. That's another report in the making, much better session but not without problems. Still learning.

GDreams
02-09-17, 03:42
This is very bad from security there. I hope you have learned your lesson, Never pay in advance.Why? Either he checked her in and she then becomes a guest or he didn't check her in and he has brought her to the room, isn't he then responsible for getting her out? Its basically a commercial dispute so why is it security that has to resolve it? If the argument became violent then I would expect security to become involved. If I were security I would offer to call the police and see who chickens out first. Anyway listen to the guy, he is worried about his safety? Try not bringing strangers to your room? Get a short time hotel, oh wait it would probably be cheaper just to tip her and be done with it. The reality is the hotel isn't involved in the negotiation so its up to the guy to sort out his own problems.

SomeMongerer
02-09-17, 04:00
Why? Either he checked her in and she then becomes a guest or he didn't check her in and he has brought her to the room, isn't he then responsible for getting her out? Its basically a commercial dispute so why is it security that has to resolve it? If the argument became violent then I would expect security to become involved. If I were security I would offer to call the police and see who chickens out first. Anyway listen to the guy, he is worried about his safety? Try not bringing strangers to your room? Get a short time hotel, oh wait it would probably be cheaper just to tip her and be done with it. The reality is the hotel isn't involved in the negotiation so its up to the guy to sort out his own problems.So how do I get her out when there is argument, should I punch her in the face? I think security should at least take the person out of my room, and then mediate between two parties. Security should never leave guests fighting with each other. I thought this is common sense in western world, no? Short time hotel may be an option in the future, but I prefer a nice room. Even if its a short time room, how am I supposed to get her out if security doesn't intervene?

SomeMongerer
02-09-17, 04:13
Why? Either he checked her in and she then becomes a guest or he didn't check her in and he has brought her to the room, isn't he then responsible for getting her out? Its basically a commercial dispute so why is it security that has to resolve it? If the argument became violent then I would expect security to become involved. If I were security I would offer to call the police and see who chickens out first. Anyway listen to the guy, he is worried about his safety? Try not bringing strangers to your room? Get a short time hotel, oh wait it would probably be cheaper just to tip her and be done with it. The reality is the hotel isn't involved in the negotiation so its up to the guy to sort out his own problems.How would you define violence? What about the person lean on my door and wouldn't move? I think it would be too late if there is violence. Security should prevent the violence from happening which is not the case here.

Syzygies
02-09-17, 07:13
Why? Either he checked her in and she then becomes a guest or he didn't check her in and he has brought her to the room, isn't he then responsible for getting her out? Its basically a commercial dispute so why is it security that has to resolve it? If the argument became violent then I would expect security to become involved. If I were security I would offer to call the police and see who chickens out first. Anyway listen to the guy, he is worried about his safety? Try not bringing strangers to your room? Get a short time hotel, oh wait it would probably be cheaper just to tip her and be done with it. The reality is the hotel isn't involved in the negotiation so its up to the guy to sort out his own problems.Its true that Thais don't like to get involved in domestic disputes. I suspect that someone needs to get paid in order to be willing to help forcibly evict the girl. LOL.

Anyway he could call security to come into his room, and then push her out himself. Security could then get involved if unable to ignore it any more.

If I was in the situation I would consider calling the tourist police and reporting that hotel security was unwilling to get the unwanted person out of the room.

SomeMongerer
02-09-17, 08:15
Its true that Thais don't like to get involved in domestic disputes. I suspect that someone needs to get paid in order to be willing to help forcibly evict the girl. LOL.

Anyway he could call security to come into his room, and then push her out himself. Security could then get involved if unable to ignore it any more.

If I was in the situation I would consider calling the tourist police and reporting that hotel security was unwilling to get the unwanted person out of the room.I did tip the security when I check in and I'll definitely tip him again if he had done the right thing.

GDreams
02-09-17, 17:14
How would you define violence? What about the person lean on my door and wouldn't move? I think it would be too late if there is violence. Security should prevent the violence from happening which is not the case here.Hitting scratching or other physical assault, I once saw a guy in Dar es Salaam being accosted by 2 girls in the hotel lobby after a payment dispute, he wasn't coming out on the right side of it, fortunately he run faster than they did. How did you resolve it if security didn't get involved? Usually it is either negotiate a settlement, ring up reception and ask for another room, trickery or corralling. If you are really annoyed and are prepared for the aggravation involve the police, but the outcome will not always be what you desire.

DwayneJohnson
02-09-17, 22:10
So how do I get her out when there is argument, should I punch her in the face? I think security should at least take the person out of my room, and then mediate between two parties. Security should never leave guests fighting with each other. I thought this is common sense in western world, no? You are not in western world, it's Thailand. It's always better to pay and get out of the argument. There are so many incidents where end result is the non-thai gets beaten to bloody pulp by 10-20 thais popping out of nowhere. You got lucky she didn't had any "brothers". Thai's don't give rats ass whether you are elderly, differently abled, autistic or poor, they will beat the shit out of you if you get in the way of their money.

SomeMongerer
02-10-17, 02:10
You are not in western world, it's Thailand. It's always better to pay and get out of the argument. There are so many incidents where end result is the non-thai gets beaten to bloody pulp by 10-20 thais popping out of nowhere. You got lucky she didn't had any "brothers". Thai's don't give rats ass whether you are elderly, differently abled, autistic or poor, they will beat the shit out of you if you get in the way of their money.So we are supposed to pay whatever they asked for? Do you know that she was asking for 3000 for tips after a very bad session? Is that robbery?

I never saw any violence mentioned in this thread, and generally Thai are peaceful. Where do you get the idea that 20+ Thai brothers beat somebody in the hotel? Are you talking about Columbia or some south american countries?

SomeMongerer
02-10-17, 10:15
Hitting scratching or other physical assault, I once saw a guy in Dar es Salaam being accosted by 2 girls in the hotel lobby after a payment dispute, he wasn't coming out on the right side of it, fortunately he run faster than they did. How did you resolve it if security didn't get involved? Usually it is either negotiate a settlement, ring up reception and ask for another room, trickery or corralling. If you are really annoyed and are prepared for the aggravation involve the police, but the outcome will not always be what you desire.Got you, so short time hotel next time. I can just run away if there is a dispute LOL. I am sure I can run over a girl with high heel.

Christian G
02-10-17, 10:24
I never saw any violence mentioned in this thread, and generally Thai are peaceful. Peaceful? LOL I think is better you start to read some news from Thailand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjyArvoCCFI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tHVcerUnvk

Where do you get the idea that 20+ Thai brothers beat somebody in the hotel? Inside hotel maybe not, but outside is not a problem for them.

SomeMongerer
02-10-17, 11:18
Peaceful? LOL I think is better you start to read some news from Thailand.

Inside hotel maybe not, but outside is not a problem for them.Well that's why I stayed in my hotel in the hope that the security will be able to call police or stop the gangsters. And I only let one woman in not a bunch of thugs.

I read the post and everybody is saying don't over pay and don't pay before, so if you can't stand your ground but have to be ready to give in anytime, how were you able to not overpay or get robbed.

In this case, I already paid her before the deed, and she wanted another 3 k in tips after a very bad session. I am not paying that and that's what everybody should do, right?

Paolo99
02-10-17, 11:22
Even if its a short time room, how am I supposed to get her out if security doesn't intervene?If you're in a short time room you will not need to take her out. You just leave the room and that's all.

SomeMongerer
02-10-17, 11:25
Peaceful? LOL I think is better you start to read some news from Thailand.

Inside hotel maybe not, but outside is not a problem for them.I am also confused what you are trying to tell me. You think Security did the right thing not to intervene, and I should pay whatever the girl asked, because other wise a bunch of Thai guys may come in the hotel and beat me? And you also think that security will stay on the side?

Do you expect security to help you if a bunch of thugs just come in to beat customers?

If yes, I am expecting the same and that's why I stand my ground but I was disappointed that security is not well trained to deal the similar situation.