PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Admin
08-27-08, 18:50
All comments appreciated, but this is the "Bangkok Hotels" thread. I think we should move all the further discussion of the issues to the related threads of Giotto's Forum.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=754

GiottoI concur!

Thanks,

Jackson

Normad2020
08-28-08, 08:03
Sri Mike, thanks for the feedback. The legendary "Annies" is the hotel's neighbour....what else can you asked for...hahahaha. I am now positive that this is the hotel for us. Bangkok here we come.....

Cheers
normad2020

Your Hotel is right next to "Annies" and the Map shows lots of other things nearby.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.746305,100.555758&spn=0.029347,0.038495&z=15

Taipei Traveller
08-28-08, 16:12
I know that Giotto has his own forum, but this thread is about hotels in Bangkok, and as such, this traveller feels that Livingstones more than deserves a mention here in the Bangkok hotel thread.

As a new guest of Livingstones, albeit having visited a couple of times before making my first booking, i have to be honest and say that there are in reality few better places to stay in Bangkok where value for money is one of the main criteria.

Is it the cheapest in town, then the answer is no, although it is not that expensive, but the atmosphere and convivial hospitality as well as pleasant but personal surroundings is a welcome retreat after a hard days work.

Staying at LL means that if required there is no need to wander out of the hotel for anything, the food is good, and a very pleasant evening can be had in the Sports Lounge even without the pressure or need to remove one of the excellent choice of ladies to make the night pass by in even better style.

Giotto and his good lady as well as Guido provide some of the best personal service and attention that this traveller of many a year has experienced anywhere in the world. Whilst personality and ability to get on has something to do with this, they exude an attitude that is in all reality hard to find anywhere else.

The choice and breadth of food available would shame a good number of the more well known hotels around the world, with all of them being done to a high standard, having Guido as a qualified chef to help oversee does have it benefits.

The girls in the Sports Lounge can i expect be more than a handful to look after, but that also adds to the fun of staying here. There has also been a recent influx of new girls coming to work in the Sports Lounge which has added an element of not only youthfulness but also laughter, frivolity and good times when visiting the Sports Lounge.

This is one visitor that will be returning to Bangkok and to Livingstone's for several visits due to current work requirements, and will be taking further visits to one of the new ladies recently joining the Sports Lounge.

I can heartily recommend this establishment to any visitor to Bangkok. It is conveniently located for most things, at worst being a short taxi ride away, whilst also having a certain element of quietness if required.

Terry Terrier
08-29-08, 00:13
I know that Giotto has his own forum, but this thread is about hotels in Bangkok, and as such, this traveller feels that Livingstones more than deserves a mention here in the Bangkok hotel thread.

As a new guest of Livingstones, albeit having visited a couple of times before making my first booking, i have to be honest and say that there are in reality few better places to stay in Bangkok where value for money is one of the main criteria.

Is it the cheapest in town, then the answer is no, although it is not that expensive, but the atmosphere and convivial hospitality as well as pleasant but personal surroundings is a welcome retreat after a hard days work.

Staying at LL means that if required there is no need to wander out of the hotel for anything, the food is good, and a very pleasant evening can be had in the Sports Lounge even without the pressure or need to remove one of the excellent choice of ladies to make the night pass by in even better style.

Giotto and his good lady as well as Guido provide some of the best personal service and attention that this traveller of many a year has experienced anywhere in the world. Whilst personality and ability to get on has something to do with this, they exude an attitude that is in all reality hard to find anywhere else.

The choice and breadth of food available would shame a good number of the more well known hotels around the world, with all of them being done to a high standard, having Guido as a qualified chef to help oversee does have it benefits.

The girls in the Sports Lounge can i expect be more than a handful to look after, but that also adds to the fun of staying here. There has also been a recent influx of new girls coming to work in the Sports Lounge which has added an element of not only youthfulness but also laughter, frivolity and good times when visiting the Sports Lounge.

This is one visitor that will be returning to Bangkok and to Livingstone's for several visits due to current work requirements, and will be taking further visits to one of the new ladies recently joining the Sports Lounge.

I can heartily recommend this establishment to any visitor to Bangkok. It is conveniently located for most things, at worst being a short taxi ride away, whilst also having a certain element of quietness if required.
Beautifully written.

TSLondon
08-29-08, 00:28
Hi Guys,

I'm travelling to BKK for the first time in September and need your advice on where to stay (never been to thailand before)

I need a balance of seeing BKK as a tourist and experiencing BKK as an ISG member .

Ive spent the last couple of days reading reports and reviews of hotels and I would like to see what you recomend between:

Citichic
Adelphi
S15
Livingstones.

My first thought was LL, but the rooms seem quite basic and I can not tell how far or near it is from the rest of the city , shops markets and action .

I then saw good and bad reviews on the other 3 and that is why after all the reading im not sure if they ended up as positive , negative or neutral (sorry)

I've seen the agoda maps, but although I can where hotels are in relation to eachother, im not sure about everything else.

I'm guessing that most hotels are close to eachother and that must be the centre.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

TS

Horntoad
08-29-08, 05:26
Hi Guys,

I'm travelling to BKK for the first time in September and need your advice on where to stay (never been to thailand before)

I need a balance of seeing BKK as a tourist and experiencing BKK as an ISG member .

Ive spent the last couple of days reading reports and reviews of hotels and I would like to see what you recomend between:

Citichic
Adelphi
S15
Livingstones.

My first thought was LL, but the rooms seem quite basic and I can not tell how far or near it is from the rest of the city , shops markets and action .

I then saw good and bad reviews on the other 3 and that is why after all the reading im not sure if they ended up as positive , negative or neutral (sorry)

I've seen the agoda maps, but although I can where hotels are in relation to eachother, im not sure about everything else.

I'm guessing that most hotels are close to eachother and that must be the centre.

Thanks

TS

I would recommend S15 because it is right in between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy for mongering. Also it is very close to both the skytrain and subway for your tourism experiences. It will run you around $100 and rooms are decent. The other two hotels are a little more out of the way but still manageable. I personally like the convenience of being close to everything

Taipei Traveller
08-29-08, 15:56
Beautifully written.

Terry, if i am to understand your hidden meaning correctly then according to you Giotto put me up to this or encouraged my post, and the honest reaction is that my post is based entirely on my feelings about Livingstone's etc, and to be totally honest i resent the remark that you feel i have been put up to it.

I post what i feel and see, and after 30+ years of global travelling i know what i like.

Taipei Traveller
08-29-08, 16:01
Hi Guys,

Citichic
Adelphi
S15
Livingstones.

Thanks

TS

TS, i have stayed at varying hotels in Bangkok over an almost 30 year period, and i have to say that the overall experience at LL is to be highly recommended.

It is close enough to any action that at the worst you are looking at something in the region of a US$ 2 taxi ride, unless there really is a major traffic problem, and then maybe it go to US$ 3.

Firefly
08-29-08, 17:25
Can anybody please confirm if this hotel is GF friendly. Its seems most places are busy for my dates and i am being directed here by the hotel agents. I need to book asap so any quick replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry Terrier
08-29-08, 23:37
TS London,

Citichic is a brisk walk to Sukhumvit, and then another brisk walk to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy (and their nearby BTS stations).
Livingstones is right on the doorstep of the Soi 33 hostess bar area, not too bad a walk to Soi Cowboy and a long walk to Nana Plaza. But it's very near to Phromphong BTS station, which makes Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy easy to get to and from, until the BTS stops running (about 11.30pm?).
S15 is quite near to Sukhumvit, and both Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza are walkable, but Nana is a few more minutes away.
Adelphi Suites is very convenient for all the Lower Sukhumvit attractions and is near Nana BTS, which puts all the other Sukhumvit attractions within comfortable range during BTS operating times.

Taxis are, as Taipei Traveller pointed out, cheap. They are great to use for getting around Sukhumvit late-evening/early morning, but forget about them through the day: Imagine the worst traffic jam you ever experienced and double it :(. Motorbike taxis get you around quickly, but they are not for the faint-hearted.

Taipei Traveller,

Imagine if LL did shared apartments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_M7zOew2Pc :D

Rikusa
08-30-08, 03:27
TS London,

Citichic is a brisk walk to Sukhumvit, and then another brisk walk to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy (and their nearby BTS stations).
Livingstones is right on the doorstep of the Soi 33 hostess bar area, not too bad a walk to Soi Cowboy and a long walk to Nana Plaza. But it's very near to Phromphong BTS station, which makes Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy easy to get to and from, until the BTS stops running (about 11.30pm?).
S15 is quite near to Sukhumvit, and both Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza are walkable, but Nana is a few more minutes away.
Adelphi Suites is very convenient for all the Lower Sukhumvit attractions and is near Nana BTS, which puts all the other Sukhumvit attractions within comfortable range during BTS operating times.

Taxis are, as Taipei Traveller pointed out, cheap. They are great to use for getting around Sukhumvit late-evening/early morning, but forget about them through the day: Imagine the worst traffic jam you ever experienced and double it :(. Motorbike taxis get you around quickly, but they are not for the faint-hearted.

Taipei Traveller,

Terry

1st timer probably stay at Majestic suites to have a front row view of all Bangkok has to offer in the lower Soi's and Suk expand from there to Soi Cowboy. If your social and upscale try artist soi 33 and LL. stay at least for the 1st 3-4 days in lower sois. I prefer Adelphi suites on soi 8 for longers stays as its very central for areas I prefer

Run Mann
08-30-08, 09:58
Beside the Majestic Grand and Dynasty Inn Grande, I am also a big fan of Citadines Hotel on Soi 16 in Bangkok. I have lodged there on numerous occasions and just love the feel of being at home (away from home). Some people have complained about the location which is puzzling to me. It less than a five minute walk to Soi Cowboy and the BTS (Asok) station is near by. The rooms are actually similar to full service apartments as opposed to regular hotel rooms. The Ascott group recently opened a new Citadines hotel on Soi 8. I did not stay there the last time because the pool was still being constructed and I just need that morning swim but will check it out next time.

Free wired and wireless Internet, Pool, Gym and kitchenette are some of the amenities being offered. The current promotion for Citadines on Soi 8 is even cheaper than the one on Soi 16 starting at 1625B. The Soi 8 location is bound to attract patrons but these hotels really sell themselves with the goods/service they provide. Highly recommended!

http://www2.citadines.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_8.html

http://www2.citadines.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit16.html

M P Lurker
08-30-08, 11:34
Beside the Majestic Grand and Dynasty Inn Grande, I am also a big fan of Citadines Hotel on Soi 16 in Bangkok. I have lodged there on numerous occasions and just love the feel of being at home (away from home). Some people have complained about the location which is puzzling to me. It less than a five minute walk to Soi Cowboy and the BTS (Asok) station is near by. The rooms are actually similar to full service apartments as opposed to regular hotel rooms. The Ascott group recently opened a new Citadines hotel on Soi 8. I did not stay there the last time because the pool was still being constructed and I just need that morning swim but will check it out next time.

Free wired and wireless Internet, Pool, Gym and kitchenette are some of the amenities being offered. The current promotion for Citadines on Soi 8 is even cheaper than the one on Soi 16 starting at 1625B. The Soi 8 location is bound to attract patrons but these hotels really sell themselves with the goods/service they provide. Highly recommended!

http://www2.citadines.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_8.html

http://www2.citadines.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit16.html
Tansak said it was a fair way down Soi 16 (???). Maybe its just that it doesn't connect to Suk directly. Some people just don't like walking even 5 mins when the weather is very hot or pouring with rain. Soi 8 Citadines is a fair way down (500m) just across from Sahlil.
Citadines are laso opening soon on Soi 11 (near Villa Mkt) and Soi 23 (past Tai Pan but <300m to Soi cowboy).
Introductory rates quoted at 1755++ Baht per night in the small Executive Studio rooms (28 sq.m). Includes free Internet sofa, desk, kitchenette. Similar to small rooms at GP (Soi 11 tower 3). Pools and Gym still under construction. After that the rates will probably go up.

I will certainly try at these prices. S15 was great but definitely a higher price bracket.

M P Lurker
08-30-08, 11:53

I stayed at S15.
Actually Nana is only a little further than Soi Cowboy (800m vs 600m (mid soi). Walk time is only going to differ by a minute or two (I walk fast). If going to Nana, I prefer to cross over ASAP (just after Soi 13) to avoid street stall holdups, or walk off the footpath.
To Soi cowboy often get held up at Asoke lights and street sellers.

Taipei Traveller
08-30-08, 12:12
Taipei Traveller,

Terry, and there was me thinking that the whole of Bangkok was a shared apartment :D

TSLondon
08-30-08, 13:07
Hi

Im really pleased with how helpful you have all been with the advice.

I must admit, ive now ended up with more options as a result.

A couple of you have suggested S15, so that looks good, but one comment from Rikusa has me interested to know more:

"Majestic suites to have a front row view of all Bangkok has to offer "

Not sure what that means, but would like to know more.

Also I nearly always use taxi's, but your comments have made me re-think this approach.

TS

Run Mann
08-30-08, 14:42
Tansak said it was a fair way down Soi 16 (???). Maybe its just that it doesn't connect to Suk directly. Some people just don't like walking even 5 mins when the weather is very is very hot or pouring with rain
Depends on your definition of fair way down, I can walk from Citadines on Soi 16 to Soi Cowboy in under five minutes easy at a normal pace but I'm not an old timer or out of shape. If you don't like to walk there are Cabs in front of the Hotel and motor bikes at the entrance to Soi 16. The security guard can also call a cab for you if none is available when you want to leave.

M P Lurker
08-30-08, 16:21
Also I nearly always use taxi's, but your comments have made me re-think this approach.

TS
Taxis are O.K. when its not peak hours. But sometimes they are restricted and cannot turn directly where you want to go.

Anything up to 1km I would walk if the weather is O.K. and not with a girl (girls walk too slow). If its just a bit too far to walk but not far and you are in a hurry maybe a motorbike (danger).
If its on the skytrain line or MRT line, use them to avoid the traffic.

Taxi is O.K. for long distance but only when traffic is O.K. So thats not 8:30AM or 4:30PM.

Midday is O.K. and late at night is fine for taxis. Other times are O.K. for selected routes. Know the traffic situation a little before taking a taxi. It could be quicker to walk!

At peak hour to go a far distance not on the BTS or MRT, Tuk Tuk is an option even though I hate them.

Stiffoak 571
08-30-08, 16:37
Taxis are O.K. when its not peak hours. But sometimes they are restricted and cannot turn directly where you want to go.

Anything up to 1km I would walk if the weather is O.K. and not with a girl (girls walk too slow). If its just a bit too far to walk but not far and you are in a hurry maybe a motorbike (danger).

If its on the skytrain line or MRT line, use them to avoid the traffic.

Taxi is O.K. for long distance but only when traffic is O.K. So thats not 8:30AM or 4:30PM.

Midday is O.K. and late at night is fine for taxis. Other times are O.K. for selected routes. Know the traffic situation a little before taking a taxi. It could be quicker to walk!

At peak hour to go a far distance not on the BTS or MRT, Tuk Tuk is an option even though I hate them.But Mick you do have the advantage of being able to speak Thai so they wont overcharge - when I was in BKK I went up to a taxi and asked how much back to the Lodge and they said 300B then my lady friend came over and said it was too much in Thai and it became 100B! Also tuk-tuks have such a bad reputation for taking you where you dont want to go that again without the language people hesitate to use them.

What about the motorbikes - are they ok for soi-soi runs?

And anyone who hates tuk-tuk in BKK should try them in Phuket - they go where you want but total cartel/mafia with rigid price control (200B for 5 min journey)

Rocky2009
08-30-08, 20:04
Hi Guys,

Citichic
Adelphi
S15
Livingstones.

Thanks

TSYou can stay at Grace Hotel at Soi-3 on Sukhumvit Road. Its great location full of FUN and ACTION.

Sparhawk
08-30-08, 20:22
Gentlemen,

Have RTFF this thread but could not found any mention about this place, is it GF, is a joiner fee will be charged? Will likely be at this hotel coming November. How far is it from the action place?

M P Lurker
08-31-08, 16:08
Gentlemen,

Have RTFF this thread but could not found any mention about this place, is it GF, is a joiner fee will be charged? Will likely be at this hotel coming November. How far is it from the action place?
This Map
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Millenium+Hilton+Riverside+543+rooms,+Bangkok&mrt=kmlkmz&gl=au&ie=UTF8&ll=13.735633,100.535545&spn=0.056029,0.07699&z=14&iwloc=A
shows its location relative to some mongering locations:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&mrt=kmlkmz&gl=au&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.730214,100.538292&spn=0.05603,0.07699&z=14

You might have to ring or email to find out GF (seems unlikely but for a bribe who knows?)
Might have to use MPs or short time Hotels if you really have to stay there.

There are some Soapy Mps on the west side of river but I haven't tried them:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&mrt=kmlkmz&gl=au&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.0004488989cf3827c091b&ll=13.747556,100.518379&spn=0.112052,0.15398&z=13

M P Lurker
08-31-08, 16:24
I have started a quick Map showing many Sukhumwit area Hotels, but for details you need AT2's Guide.
AT2's Hotels (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=723802&highlight=hotels+bangkok#post723802)

Google Map (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&mrt=kmlkmz&gl=au&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.734924,100.564985&spn=0.028014,0.038495&z=15)
Oh ****! (I censored the swear word myself even thogh was a mild one)
None of my Maps are loading now.
That one must have been too much for the Google Exa-byte storage to handle :D

Links to most other useful Hotel Maps are provided plus to AT2's Guide.
My favourite links are Agoda which I mostly use for booking (their Map even has Livingstone's on it)
and excelloz which has a Map locating technique for a Hotel even though no Map with all the Hotels shown.

I look forward to hearing about my errors and mistakes.

Terry Terrier
08-31-08, 22:55
Hi

Im really pleased with how helpful you have all been with the advice.

I must admit, ive now ended up with more options as a result.

A couple of you have suggested S15, so that looks good, but one comment from Rikusa has me interested to know more:

"Majestic suites to have a front row view of all Bangkok has to offer "

Not sure what that means, but would like to know more.

TS
I stayed in Majestic Suites during my first visit to Bangkok about four-and-a-half years ago. It's a nice 2* hotel that is 100% girl-friendly. The (small) rooms are clean and have big, comfortable beds, good en-suites, and good in-room security. Location is perfect for Lower Sukhumvit: The rooms at the back of the hotel actually look out over Nana Plaza. Polite,friendly staff too. A perfect hotel for a budget punting/mongering holiday. But if you want luxuries such as a swimming pool/nice bar/nice restaurant/etc you should consider your original choices plus some others recommended in this thread.

Rikusa
09-01-08, 18:10
I stayed in Majestic Suites during my first visit to Bangkok about four-and-a-half years ago. It's a nice 2* hotel that is 100% girl-friendly. The (small) rooms are clean and have big, comfortable beds, good en-suites, and good in-room security. Location is perfect for Lower Sukhumvit: The rooms at the back of the hotel actually look out over Nana Plaza. Polite,friendly staff too. A perfect hotel for a budget punting/mongering holiday. But if you want luxuries such as a swimming pool/nice bar/nice restaurant/etc you should consider your original choices plus some others recommended in this thread.

TS

I also stayed at Majestic suites my 1st trip and a few days here and there since 10yrs. Its just a great place to see the focal of Bangkok on mongering. Then we graduate to those areas we hear about and see along the way while in Bangkok. I stay now in service apartments being I like a 1 bedroom place so not to be bothered with Thai Television of my guests. S15 looks good on website and The Key as well. I have not stayed there yet but will be booking a 30 day stay at Adelphi soi 8 and check out S15, Citidines soi 8, Citidines soi 11. I have stayed at Grand Presidents on soi 11 as well and have no complaints. One thing I prefer is to be able to go out at all hours and eat/chase whatever and not be far from home.

Taxi's are fine but I try and avoid them electing to walk the Suk at all hours of the night hanging out with folks I have known for years. The allure of the lower sois is after bars close and the elements come out and play. All BG's end up on Suk sometime during the evening either coming or leaving a Farangs hotel. I have had my best experiences with gals that I have spoke with a few times and befriended early in the morning.

LL is a great place if your very social and have a few extra Baht to throw around. Not my style and I have visited there many times for dinner and just cant get comfortable there. Giotto is a great fellow and allways greets me when there for dinner. I just dont like to shit where I eat!

For a little nicer place Majestic Grande is a good location. Close to all lower soi activities as well the brothers that run Majestics are very cool folks and appreciate our business

Its all good just a idea from man goofying off for a month every year!

Dont trust anybody, Respect aeverybody and Do not fall in Love! The price tag is very costly and they really dont care. Would you care for an old man with money if you were 20 years old and hot?

Realist

M P Lurker
09-01-08, 19:00
Got to be the best (most popular) budget price place around, I think. But heavily booked so get in early.

TSLondon
09-01-08, 23:28
Hi guys,

You all gave me some great advice about which hotel to stay at.

Must admit, it looks like I could have been spoiled for choice.

As it is, I have now booked the S15.

I made the booking for two people, I hope that will be ok.

I guess when I get there, it may raise a question, that I do not really want to answer in public.

I've just got to work out where to go what to do, what to avoid and how to tell who is a ladyboy at first site, rather than in the morning!

TSL

Sannita Sos
09-07-08, 10:34
Hello! I need some help.

I will go to Bangkok for one week on the end of January, this it will be my first time on the city.

What hotel do you suggest to me to go, my budget is max 80 euro at night for single room.

Do you know some hotel with also "extra" fun?

Mr Enternational
09-07-08, 10:39
Attempting to get away from the Nana for next month's trip. Checking out the Grand Sukhumvit Sofitel.
http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/sof/6171/fiche_chambre.shtml
After rtff and seeing positive posts from a few people I decided to write them myself. It's kind of hard to just come out and ask if I'm allowed to bring in hookers. But this is what I have managed to squeeze out of the management so far:

To: reservation@grandsukhumvit.com
Subject: guests

I am thinking about making reservations with you for next month. First I need to know if I am allowed to receive guests if I stay at your hotel?

Thank you,

Dear Ms.
Regarding for your e-mail. Please adivsed us your guest will come to check in with you together or not.

Best regards,
Kanoknipa

To: reservation@grandsukhumvit.com
Subject: Re: guests

no. they will not come to check in with me. do they only need to leave their id with you or do i have to pay additional?

Dear Ms.

Regarding for your e-mail. Normally , you made booking for 2 persons, your guest just present passport only.
But the third person charge at 1,177Baht inclusive 17.7%service charge and V.A.T. exclusive breakfast.

Should you require any further information or any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,
Kanoknipa

M P Lurker
09-07-08, 10:48
Hi guys,

You all gave me some great advice about which hotel to stay at.

Must admit, it looks like I could have been spoiled for choice.

As it is, I have now booked the S15.

I made the booking for two people, I hope that will be ok.

I guess when I get there, it may raise a question, that I do not really want to answer in public.

I've just got to work out where to go what to do, what to avoid and how to tell who is a ladyboy at first site, rather than in the morning!

TSL
Very few LB dancers in Soi Cowboy (Isn't this great!) but Deja Vu is not totally safe.

Bennici
09-10-08, 12:55
Hi All,

Am traveling to Bangkok with wife on a shopping trip later this month, and we are staying at the very nice, and overpriced Intercontinental near Chitlom station. I've only been once last year to Bangkok, where we stayed at the JW and it was easy to run out to many closeby places without her suspecting.

Now however its different, was wondering if anyone had or heard of people getting extras at the hotel spa at the intercontinental or Hyatt opposite? Not looking for FS necessarily this time, but extras like HJ etc.

Thanks in advance for any help. Wish I could be free to try all that Bangkok has to offer, but alas no more,

Bennici

Firefly
09-10-08, 18:52
Nice relaxed place to stay, staff nice and friendly and the place has a good feel about it. The internet was not very reliable in the room but down stairs was just fine but it was not a big issue for me. It was actually quite nice sitting by the pool checking emails and surfing.

Highly recommended.

Jungle Bluebird
09-13-08, 11:29
Interconti is great as right on the BTS.

2 options:

take BTS direction Thonglor, directly under the station u find Tulips. Rooms are lousy, worn and the place overall sleezy, but girls give top performance. Total time incl travel 2 hours.

or

Take BTS to Siam Square, switch direction Sala Daeng, which is Patpong. Lots of HJ/BJ bars. Example Star of Light. Super Sleezy, but an experience. Or walk through Patpong all the way to the end, and cross over to JC Infinity. Super selection after 15:00.

Plus another 1 million options in BKK to get laid within 15 minutes...

Forget the hotel spa. These kind of places girls are shit scared to do extra. Not even hand jobs.

Check out the Massage Palour thread, lots of pointers. http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1421

JB

Hi All,

Am traveling to Bangkok with wife on a shopping trip later this month, and we are staying at the very nice, and overpriced Intercontinental near Chitlom station. I've only been once last year to Bangkok, where we stayed at the JW and it was easy to run out to many closeby places without her suspecting.

Now however its different, was wondering if anyone had or heard of people getting extras at the hotel spa at the intercontinental or Hyatt opposite? Not looking for FS necessarily this time, but extras like HJ etc.

Thanks in advance for any help. Wish I could be free to try all that Bangkok has to offer, but alas no more,

Bennici

M P Lurker
09-13-08, 11:52
Hi All,

Bennici
There is Akane Japnese style massage at Chitlom:
http://www.pink-project.com/akane/english/english_top.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=ja|en&u=http://www.raku2.tv/mbdetail_massage.php%3Fid%3DR010561

M P Lurker
09-13-08, 11:59
Nice relaxed place to stay, staff nice and friendly and the place has a good feel about it. The internet was not very reliable in the room but down stairs was just fine but it was not a big issue for me. It was actually quite nice sitting by the pool checking emails and surfing.

Highly recommended.
Seems to depend on location of the room. Some rooms have very reliable wifi internet. In far end rooms might find using Lan cable is better.

Fon Tok
09-13-08, 14:41
Hi All, Now however its different, was wondering if anyone had or heard of people getting extras at the hotel spa at the intercontinental or Hyatt opposite? Not looking for FS necessarily this time, but extras like HJ etc.

Akane Fashion Massage (Chitlom) is just around the corner from the Intercontinental. You'll return to the hotel very clean and smiling.

http://www.pink-project.com/akane/english/menu_chitlom.html

If you have the time, maybe try the two girl two hour VIP special -- something you will never forget!

Duniawala
09-13-08, 14:46
Hi guys,

TSL
Don't be bashful. Just ask upfront, if you have any doubts.

M P Lurker
09-14-08, 01:22
Akane Fashion Massage (Chitlom) is just around the corner from the Intercontinental. You'll return to the hotel very clean and smiling.

http://www.pink-project.com/akane/english/menu_chitlom.html

If you have the time, maybe try the two girl two hour VIP special -- something you will never forget!
Thats O.K. Its hardly suprising we would think of the same thing.

Jim200
09-14-08, 06:16
I will be in BKK next month and the choice is between Majestic and Luxury. I've previously stayed at Majestic & Dynasty Inn. Any feedback. I'm assuming Luxury has no problem with bringing back ladies to the room.

Bennici
09-15-08, 08:43
Thats O.K. Its hardly suprising we would think of the same thing.Thanks all for the input, I noted Akane for its location and reviews, I see its probably my best bet, being that this is a short shopping trip with wife not sure if I can get away without suspicions being raised, which is why was hoping the five-star hotel spa might be an option. Anyway will see how it goes, would truly love to visit Akane if I get the chance.

Robert the Brave
09-15-08, 14:55
Does anyone have any experience of the in house massage service here? I know that is all around as soon as you leave the hotel but is there any chance of a happy ending from the in house team?

Thank you in advance.

M P Lurker
09-15-08, 20:09
Thanks all for the input, I noted Akane for its location and reviews, I see its probably my best bet, being that this is a short shopping trip with wife not sure if I can get away without suspicions being raised, which is why was hoping the five-star hotel spa might be an option. Anyway will see how it goes, would truly love to visit Akane if I get the chance.
Well if you normally never leave her side, it will be tough.
But I would just go for an exercise jog but money in pocket. Still need to get a bit sweaty after the massage. LOL
I have heard of places where you can take your wife as well but get separate rooms and she would not know that you might be a bit naughty in another room. Suggest you ask about this on the BKK MPs thread.

M P Lurker
09-15-08, 20:18
Does anyone have any experience of the in house massage service here? I know that is all around as soon as you leave the hotel but is there any chance of a happy ending from the in house team?

Thank you in advance.
Are you stuck with wife too? Otherwise Annies is just accross the road.

Member #2041
09-17-08, 05:50

Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't bother, as Annie's is perhaps 20 meters away from the front door, just across the soi.

Fon Tok
09-18-08, 06:30
I’m enjoying a short stay at Livingstone’s Lodge before I “officially” arrive home to Bangkok life. I like this small, friendly hotel because it allows me to re-acclimate to BKK without much effort or stress. It also gives me a chance to “play” for a few days incognito at a quiet and private location.

Anything a man could ever want is just a phone call away, or within a short walking distance of LL. I’ve been massaged, sucked, screwed (a number of times), wined and dined, and have even seen a very funny movie, all in about 30 hours. LL’s close proximity to dozens of bars, massage shops, and the Emporium Shopping Center makes it an ideal hotel for a buck on the loose.

The deluxe rooms at Livingstone's Lodge are very comfortable. I especially like the high quality beds, fast & free wi-fi, the well-stocked and reasonably priced mini-bar, efficient chilly AC, and most importantly, the extremely friendly staff. Add to that, the all day, cooked to order breakfast. What more could a crusty, lusty, jet-lagged, old guy want?

As the world’s financial underpinnings crumble as we sleep, Livingstone’s Lodge is a rare safe harbor, that is, it's a great place to forget about one's shrinking wallet and imploding investments. While staying here you can live life to it's fullest like there's no tomorrow, and in today's crazy times, it's a true shelter from the storm.

M P Lurker
09-18-08, 07:50
I’m enjoying a short stay at Livingstone’s Lodge before I “officially” arrive home to Bangkok life. I like this small, friendly hotel because it allows me to re-acclimate to BKK without much effort or stress. It also gives me a chance to “play” for a few days incognito at a quiet and private location.

You dirty little ... :D Just kidding LOL.
Thats just what I do, but need to keep the Passport well away from prying eyes. My ex-GF always wanted to inspect it and always found any evidence like a regular blood-hound.
But as for incognito, everyone at LL knows about dirty little Mick despite all the Soapy visits and in room spa tubs to get clean.
With GF being a nun at the temple for 3 months, I have had a lot more time available at the LL.

Duniawala
09-18-08, 18:09
--------------
With GF being a nun at the temple for 3 months, I have had a lot more time available at the LL.
Just wondering. Do nuns give better sex? :)

M P Lurker
09-18-08, 20:45
Just wondering. Do nuns give better sex? :)
I'll let you know next week if she has got better at anything.

Guido88
09-19-08, 00:41
Have to agree with Fong Tok

Spent 10 days at Livingston’s lodge on my 1st trip to Thailand in the end of August.

Appreciated Giotto’s taking the time and sharing insight into the mongering options and pricing.

Location is good with easy access to the Sky train.

Great food, pleasant staff. Try the River Prawns.

Left 4,000 baht by mistake on the bed one morning it was still there when I returned late in the day. Miracle it was still there, thought the maids would appropriate it for sure.

Many mongering options close by. No problems with having girls other than the hotel girls come by.

Thank god for the air conditioning.

Guido was both entertaining to talk with and helpful on arranging trips into the country.

No doubt there are many choices for lodging. For a newbie looking for sexual tourism Livingston’s worked quite well.

Good choice for a 1st visit. IMHO

Guido88

Sannita Sos
09-19-08, 17:12
I booked one week at the Navalai River Resort 45/1-2 Phra Athit Road, Phra Nakorn.
Anyone know this hotel? Is it good?

Mikestar
09-21-08, 20:25
Why stay at Nana at all? Plenty of places not far away?Can you post some good names, as my standard hotel, royal asia lodge is occupied by a person I do not want to meet this time.

Should not be to far from the action as girls don´t want to walk.

Rambis Youth
09-22-08, 05:00
I'm in the process of researching hotels for my trip next month. There are so many great options to choose from but I'm always looking for something better.

Some of the key things I look for are:

- Free in room internet.
- Modern, comfortable room
- Separate shower (not shower over bath - bath is optional)
- Located within 10 minutes of BTS
- Bargain rate (as opposed to cheap)

My previous favourite was Dynasty Grande. I don't really like Soi 4 (I'm more of a Cowboy / 33 kind of guy) but I stayed there when they charged 1800 and 2280 but I think there are now better or at least equivalent options for the price and location. I was just checking their rates today (they go up on Octover 1st) and noticed their new hotel, The Dawin, is open with an introductory rate of 1980 baht. It's located on Soi 4 past Soi 6.

http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_Dawin.htm

I think I'll book this but if anyone is wandering past I'd love your feedback on how it looks and how far past Soi 6 it is? Plan B for me will be to stay at Livingstones I think.

Luvnlife1970
09-24-08, 07:07
Hi Guys,

I was not able to locate any recent post (past 3 months) on the Park Plaza.Anyone have any ideas on this place. GF? As rate seems pretty good

Fri Oct-3-2008 to Tue Oct-7-2008 Fri Sat Sun Mon Avg rate (per night)
Availability request: 1 room $67 Expedia

My hotel wants are : GF, Free Wifi, Thai breakfast would be nice. Ohhh and good price.

This is my second visit to Bangkok this year and am attempting to stay in the thick of things : )

Prior stay was the Concorde, too far from the mix of things.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thnx

Rambis Youth
09-25-08, 02:58
I stayed at the Park Plaza in June. It was reasonable value for money at around 2500 baht per night including taxes but not breakfast. I'm not planning on staying there again.

Pros:
- Almost new
- Free internet (can't remember if it was lan or wifi)
- 2 free computers in the foyer if you need them
- Well appointed rooms
- A little bit removed from the Sukhumvit ghetto
- Guest Friendly
- Pool and gym open on the room accessible 24 hours
- Good working desk
- Complimentary paper
- Close to Cowboy, MRT & BTS
- The restaurant on the 1st Floor (not Ground) has self service cookies and drinks although they were pretty basic such as fruit juice.

Cons:
- Difficult to access by vehicle as turning onto Ratchadaphisek from Sukhumvit you have to go all the way down to Rama IV to do a U turn. Not the end of the world but annoying.
- To get to the pool and gym on the roof you need to walk up a flight of stairs which were very warm. Not a huge problem but it's not something I'm used to at a 4 star hotel.
- Service in the restaurant was poor.

I'll update this if I think of anything else. For the money, my preference is Dynasty Inn Grande, the only downside for me being I'm not a big fan of Soi 4. Despite this I plan to check out the new Dawin next month.

Sinnersoul1980
09-26-08, 17:50
This is my first post in this forum, and I'm a bit confused how to start!

Anyways, I will be making my first visit to Bangkok next month on the 20th and I will be staying for 4 days. I have been reading this forum for a couple of days extensively and I must say, sometimes I find all the info overwhelming. Not complaining. Its a good thing

My 2 thumbs up for all the ISG members who have provided invaluable information on this forum. I am quite confident that with all this info, I SHOULD have some luck with some asian 'delicacies'. Which has been long overdue in my case!

I was looking into some hotels. I am looking for something upto 2500 BH/night. I know the usual hotels that are GF are dynasty, majestic, LL. Etc, but I was looking at the Darwin hotel which has just opened in September. Apparently they have an introductory deal till end of October. I figured that since they are part of the dynasty group of hotels. They should be GF. And also its relatively new, so thats a bonus. The only problem is I tried to book my room through their website, where you are just asked to fill up a form, and a staff member gets back to you. I did that twice-but noone got back to me. I also noticed that the usual booking websites such as Agoda, Swadee, etc don't have the Dynasty on their list. Tried calling them today, but communicating in English was a bit of a problem. It took 5 minutes to get my last name right, and after that I didn't bother with giving them my surname. Apparently they don't accept CC at the moment as well. Only cash or bank transfer, so I am in a bit of a fix!

I have noticed that there have been no reviews or reports on this hotel. I really wanna give this a try, but I dunno whether its worth going through all the trouble! Or should I just play safe and book in one of the hotels which have been tried and tested

Any tips or feedback on the Darwin would be much appreciated!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

The Seer
09-28-08, 05:36
Arrived in Bangkok yesterday afternoon, staying at Livingstones, must say I am impressed so far, nice relaxed atmosphere, clean room, and comfy firm bed. Also effective free internet connection. Good food and lively sports bar makes this a good and inexpensive place to stay in Bangkok with the added benefit of it being five minutes walk to the sky train.

I have previously stayed at some of the bigger hotels, including Mariot and dynasty grand and can honestly say I prefer Livingsones

M P Lurker
09-28-08, 07:40
I just stayed in the S15 for about 3 days in between Livingstone's Lodge.
Agoda has a good bargain price (without breakfast) but direct price is far higher.
I am little bored with this Hotel, as although it is very new close to Asoke BTS, it doesn't seem to near a good coffee shop, no pool, a bit dull, and staff are a bit pompous. I don't really need a guard escorting me to the elevator. I am a big boy now. The room is good quality although fridge wasn't cold enough even on Max.
Ladyboys hanging around outside too.
Room Wifi was free but a bit intermittent.

Now I dream! If Livingstone's Lodge was located on Soi 19 that would be perfection for me. As it is, its just 10 mins walk from LL to MRT underground so it tends to force me to get a little exercise (not a bad thing) and less than 5 mins to BTS.

The weather in BKK has come good. Hardly rained for the whole week.

M P Lurker
09-28-08, 08:04

Anyways, I will be making my first visit to Bangkok next month on the 20th and I will be staying for 4 days. I have been reading this forum for a couple of days extensively and I must say, sometimes I find all the info overwhelming. Not complaining. Its a good thing

My 2 thumbs up for all the ISG members who have provided invaluable information on this forum. I am quite confident that with all this info, I SHOULD have some luck with some asian 'delicacies'. Which has been long overdue in my case!

I was looking into some hotels. I am looking for something upto 2500 BH/night. I know the usual hotels that are GF are dynasty, majestic, LL. Etc, but I was looking at the Darwin hotel which has just opened in September. Apparently they have an introductory deal till end of October. I figured that since they are part of the dynasty group of hotels. They should be GF. And also its relatively new, so thats a bonus. The only problem is I tried to book my room through their website, where you are just asked to fill up a form, and a staff member gets back to you. I did that twice-but noone got back to me. I also noticed that the usual booking websites such as Agoda, Swadee, etc don't have the Dynasty on their list. Tried calling them today, but communicating in English was a bit of a problem. It took 5 minutes to get my last name right, and after that I didn't bother with giving them my surname. Apparently they don't accept CC at the moment as well. Only cash or bank transfer, so I am in a bit of a fix!

I have noticed that there have been no reviews or reports on this hotel. I really wanna give this a try, but I dunno whether its worth going through all the trouble! Or should I just play safe and book in one of the hotels which have been tried and tested

Its DAWIN (no R) Looks like they aare very close to Dynasty Grande (just round the corner?)

You are adventurous wanting to try a relatively unknown Hotel. Dynasty Grande has so much business that they didn't need Agoda or others. They are probably just above your price but not by much. There reception staff speak very good English so can ring them to book, I think, but can't say for Dawin.

Not sure why The Dawin doesn't reply to your mails? Maybe they haven't got any decent staff yet. But anyway if they are so pathetic its time to give them a big miss!

Chinga25
09-28-08, 10:45
The hotel is called Dawin Inn 9so not Darwin).

This link will bring you there : http://www.dynastyinn.com/index.htm

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Sinnersoul1980
09-30-08, 03:51
My apologies for the typo regarding the 'Dawin' hotel

After careful consideration I have decided to play safe, and booked myself into LL for 4 nights. Will be arriving on the 20th of October. Would love to meet up with any of the veteran punters from this forum for a beer or something!

I am also looking forward to meeting the 'legendary' Giotto in person to get some insight into the mongering activities in LOS at the moment.

I was wondering if the '100 questions with Giotto' offer is still valid these days?

Shearer68
09-30-08, 08:53
We had the opposite experience with booking at this new place and they got back the same day and even though deluxes weren't available got our rooms at just under 2,000 baht, which on the website is the rate for standard but they gave us 2 superiors for it. Impressed with the swiftness of the response from the front desk. Sure there may be a few early problems as it is only open a month or so. Usually stay at Omni but hear it's clientele has changed ,shame as it used to do great deals. Will post a report on Dawin on return in a few weeks time.

Wayne1979
10-02-08, 00:49
Hello my fellow forum members.

I'm planning to come out for my third trip (2nd for mongering) to LOS. I stayed at Nana last time, but would prefer to stay somewhere closer to the Ratchadapisek entertainment district.

I was going to stay at the Palazzo, but they have confirmed they have a 500 bhat charge for any additional guests. GF and price are my most important factors. I would actually stay in dirty Nana again, since I've stayed in worst before, but really want something closer to the MP's.

Any help any of the fellow members can provide is greatly appreciated. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything about the Ratchadadipsek area.

Giotto
10-02-08, 04:45
I was wondering if the '100 questions with Giotto' offer is still valid these days?Sinnersoul1980,

Tell me more about that :) ...

Giotto

Fpgc11
10-02-08, 10:13
Brother, I've stayed numerous times at the Palazzo but never encountered any additional fee for extra guests. I presume you have booked a room for 1. Try booking for twin sharing. The price is the same & there's no extra baht to be paid.

Cheers

I'm planning to come out for my third trip (2nd for mongering) to LOS. I stayed at Nana last time, but would prefer to stay somewhere closer to the Ratchadapisek entertainment district.

I was going to stay at the Palazzo, but they have confirmed they have a 500 bhat charge for any additional guests. GF and price are my most important factors. I would actually stay in dirty Nana again, since I've stayed in worst before, but really want something closer to the MP's.

Any help any of the fellow members can provide is greatly appreciated. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything about the Ratchadadipsek area.

M P Lurker
10-02-08, 12:01

Undercoverh stayed at both Emerald and Palazzo but quite confusing if any of them are willing to allow girl for no extra charge.
Normally I always book a room for two which mostly works in Sukhumwit area but not sure if this would help.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=764981&postcount=1251

But if I try staying in Ratachada shortly, I will surely report.
I was going to, till my Utopia girl disappeared making the exercise less worthwhile.

Horntoad
10-02-08, 14:06

Palazzo is definitely GF and they don't even ask for the girl's ID. If you are going to the old wing, you can actually bypass the front desk by going through the garage. Emerald is not GF and there is a charge for each guest. They have the same owner but about four years ago, they decided to make Emerald more of a family hotel. Too bad because they have nicer rooms. The buffet Daichi on the second floor is still pretty good. Another option is the Hip Hotel which used to be Mirage MP and that is next to Palazzo.

M P Lurker
10-02-08, 14:27
Palazzo is definitely GF and they don't even ask for the girl's ID. If you are going to the old wing, you can actually bypass the front desk by going through the garage. Emerald is not GF and there is a charge for each guest. They have the same owner but about four years ago, they decided to make Emerald more of a family hotel. Too bad because they have nicer rooms. The buffet Daichi on the second floor is still pretty good. Another option is the Hip Hotel which used to be Mirage MP and that is next to Palazzo.
Good info Horntoad,

I think that often official policy and what actually happens are two different things. As general advice, always book for two but don't specify who the other party is. Just say that she will probably join you later. If they should ask her name you can say just "Noi" and say you will have to check her Id card because forgot the notebook with her real name, which is very difficult for foreigners.

The Seer
10-04-08, 17:56
I have spent the last week having a very pleasent time at Livingstones lodge. The rooms are clean tidy and the beds one of the most comfortable I have had in any hotel, and we all know the beds are important. The only bad point I can raise is tghat the room I as in had no mosquito mesh at the window and I have suffered for it.

The hotel is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but is better for it. The staff are friendly and relaxed and the sports bar has a good atmosphere, good music, good food and the ever popular pool table, and the chance to sit down with Giotto and discuss experiences adds to the enjoyment.

I must admit I spent far too much in the sports bar, indeed I spent more there than on the room itself. The barfines there are comprable to other places on Soi33, I. E. Expensive compared to Nana etc, 1500 baht if before 11pm but there is no pressure to barfine or to buy lady drinks. I ended up barfining the same girl several nights in a row and had a great time at the clubs and bars and in room afterwards.

There is a totally relaxed atmosphere to bringing a girl back to your room.

It is admittedly different from ther hotels but I like the concept and reaaly feel this is one of the very few hotels around the world where I will make a conscious effort to return to.

Fon Tok
10-06-08, 11:43
...The only bad point I can raise is that the room I was in had no mosquito mesh at the window and I have suffered for it...
There is a totally relaxed atmosphere to bringing a girl back to your room.
The mozzies get in when the rooms are being cleaned and aired out. They then hide in the closet until feeding time.

The girls from the Sports Bar are there to help you forget about the mozzies.

Chip Master
10-06-08, 12:50
Hi Guys,

New enough to the forum but have done alot of reading. Going on my 2nd trip to BKK. Last time stayed in Majestic Grande. Grat place and was 100% GF. This time i might venture somewhere else. Any recommendations for same standard hotel near Nana. Thanks for all your help on theses forums. Some excellent info!

Cheers

Mayday14
10-13-08, 20:02
Stayed in the Dawin a couple of times recently while passing through BKK (2 nights & 1 night).

Rate of 1980 baht/night for a standard room + 500 refundable deposit.

Rooms are small but modern & well equipped (big shower, lcd tv, desk, safe, free wifi, reasonably priced minibar), staff very friendly, GF,
nice pool on the 6th floor.

Still smelling a little of paint but that will pass.

Construction happening on one side of the hotel but not too bothersome.

Member #2041
10-14-08, 15:43
Dynasty Grande would be the other comparable choice in that area, although you might luck out and get the Landmark for a similar price, pretty much everything else in that range will be less well located. The JW Marriott is better but will surely cost noticeably more.

Hi Guys,

New enough to the forum but have done alot of reading. Going on my 2nd trip to BKK. Last time stayed in Majestic Grande. Grat place and was 100% GF. This time i might venture somewhere else. Any recommendations for same standard hotel near Nana. Thanks for all your help on theses forums. Some excellent info!

Cheers

Member #3173
10-14-08, 16:27
Guys, I come from a country where individual incomes are half western standards but I want to enjoy the land of smiles all the same.When arriving from Penang, the last bus from Bell travel would be well on the way to Pattaya.So I would have to put up a night or two in Bangkok.

Can somebody tell me which local bus to take from Suvarabhumi Airport to a
nearby hotel so I can get back to the airport the next day to catch a bus to
Pattaya? Alternatively if I take a local bus from airport to Ekamai which hotel or hotels would be along the bus route to Ekamai? I do not carry much luggage so a 10 minute walk will be all right.Or maybe any hotel within walking distance from the Ekamai bus station?

I understand from Bangkokians that there are no hotels around Ekamai and I
would have to at least board a taxi to Soi 11 or whatever.

By budget will be around 700 baht to 900 baht. A good and secure fan room
is also okay.I speak and write basic Thai, enough to get around.

So far I have stayed at Khao San Road and at the airport hotel 5 minutes from the airport, the latter not suitable at all if you get hungry often but very
good if you enjoy watching planes landing as their restaurant has a very limited menu and closes at 10pm while the local restaurant is a rip off if you
order fried rice.Opening the rice in my room I found only rice despite paying
for added fish or pork and this happened twice!

Fast Eddie 48
10-14-08, 21:52
Guys, I come from a country where individual incomes are half western standards but I want to enjoy the land of smiles all the same.When arriving from Penang, the last bus from Bell travel would be well on the way to Pattaya.So I would have to put up a night or two in Bangkok.

Pattaya? Alternatively if I take a local bus from airport to Ekamai which hotel or hotels would be along the bus route to Ekamai? I do not carry much luggage so a 10 minute walk will be all right.Or maybe any hotel within walking distance from the Ekamai bus station?

So far I have stayed at Khao San Road and at the airport hotel 5 minutes from the airport, the latter not suitable at all if you get hungry often but very
good if you enjoy watching planes landing as their restaurant has a very limited menu and closes at 10pm while the local restaurant is a rip off if you
for added fish or pork and this happened twice!Member 3173,

I think you should just take the bell bus from airport go straight to Pattaya if you don't need to spend any time in Bangkok, it is tough to find a hotel in Bangkok under 1000 bht every thing is much higher than Pattaya.

Fast eddie 48

Rambis Youth
10-15-08, 08:51
He said he's going to miss the last Bell bus for the night.

El Greco
10-15-08, 16:10

for added fish or pork and this happened twice!

http://pattayabus.com/en/route_schedule.htm

Try this link that might help you.

Marstop
10-17-08, 18:49
Stayed in the Dawin a couple of times recently while passing through BKK (2 nights & 1 night).

Rate of 1980 baht/night for a standard room + 500 refundable deposit.

Rooms are small but modern & well equipped (big shower, lcd tv, desk, safe, free wifi, reasonably priced minibar), staff very friendly, GF,
nice pool on the 6th floor.

Still smelling a little of paint but that will pass.

Construction happening on one side of the hotel but not too bothersome.I have reservations (so to speak.) in November. Did you make advance reservations, was it necessary (as they won't accept credit card guarantee, etc.)? Also, any recommmendations as to floor to ask for, particular rooms re: facing street etc. This will be my first time staying on Soi 4 (Nana.) usually stay farther down Sukhumvit (Soi 13.). How far is the Dawin from NEP? Any relevant info regarding this hotel would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Marstop
10-17-08, 18:59
The hotel is called Dawin Inn 9so not Darwin).

This link will bring you there : http://www.dynastyinn.com/index.htmI am planning on "relocating" to the Dawin this trip. Not sure what I will find when arriving BUT I was told by "the front desk" via email they do in fact accept CC (not for advance booking though. So wish me luck with my "confirmed reservation.)

Mayday14
10-18-08, 00:28
I have reservations (so to speak.) in November. Did you make advance reservations, was it necessary (as they won't accept credit card guarantee, etc.)? Also, any recommmendations as to floor to ask for, particular rooms re: facing street etc. This will be my first time staying on Soi 4 (Nana.) usually stay farther down Sukhumvit (Soi 13.). How far is the Dawin from NEP? Any relevant info regarding this hotel would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Both occasions I called from BKK airport (They do accept credit cards in person).

There is construction going on, on one side of the hotel, so I guess away from that is best - although it didn't bother me as not much time spent in room.
I was on the 6th floor both times (there are 7) which is the same as the pool.
Wi-fi was good on this floor.

It's about 5 minutes walk from NEP, just past the Soi6 junction.

Practically next door is a 7-11 with an ATM.

I usually stay at the President Solitaire on Soi11 and for a longer stay I probably still would for the larger rooms.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

M P Lurker
10-18-08, 01:38

Being able to write Thai is not much use unless you can SMS in Thai to girls with no English. ;) LOL
So thats why a bought a mobile In Thailand.
My GF SMSes in Thai mostly.
My Nokia predicts spelling in Thai so errors are reduced.

Some cheap Hotels (by AT2):
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=722600&postcount=3692

Farmboy5
10-19-08, 14:59
I left the Dawin today after a 3 day stay. Hotel new and nice and staff friendly and helpful

Paid 1980/nt for a standard room and it was good, if not very large. Wifi worked good in the room.

I will stay there again

Goyave
10-19-08, 15:56
by budget will be around 700 baht to 900 baht. a good and secure fan roomis also okay.i speak and write basic thai, enough to get around...

you can have a "single superior" room for 800 baht/night (on the ground floor, without refrigerator, but with air-conditioning, tv, bath tub, including breakfast for one person) at the honey hotel on sukhumvit (soi 19).

honey hotel
29-31 soi watana sukhumvit 19 road klongtoey north, 10110 wattana, bangkok
phone: +66 2 2557172
fax: +66 2 2544716
e-mail: honeyhtl_company@yahoo.co.th
http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm

location is convenient (it's not far from the action; soi cowboi, nana entertainment plaza, the eden club, the biergarten, [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s, etc. are a few minutes walk from there) and you even can easily find freelancers at the beginning of this soi (near robinson department store) if you wish when the night falls...

other rooms are better but a little bit more expensive (i usually choose the single deluxe at 1000 baht/night with refrigerator). this hotel is "girl friendly" (maybe a little bit too much because you can go to your room with your guest without anybody requesting them to show an id card) and i've been there several times (last time was in september this year). you can book a room via their e-mail address. you don't need a credit card and they won't charge nothing for the booking. i never have had any bad surprise there and they have always been reliable so far. if you like thai food, their restaurant is good and not expensive (their western meals are ok, but not as good as the local dishes imho).

if you need a taxi, don't use the ones that stay there waiting for a customer. they will try to negotiate a "fixed" price and it's always dearer than a another regular taxi working with the "meter" on. you can easily catch one of those in the soi 19 itself.

certainly not the best hotel in town, but a good value one in my humble opinion.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Shearer68
10-21-08, 07:07
Just returned from a weekend stay at this new hotel. As mentioned previously I had no problems with booking via email. A word of caution though, when we turned up [at 9pm] the front desk seeemed surprised to see us and thankfully I had printed off copies of emails sent to and fro and after a quick phone call we got our room cards. The front desk were very polite and she said the manager had thought we'd cancelled.so probably best to take any communications with you.

The staff were all polite and friendly and service was quick.

The room I had was on the 7th floor and was excellent. My bathroom had a big separate shower and a big bath with another shower. The decor is simple but stylish. Tv channels a bit naff [ seems to be alot of arabic channels].

Bringing guests back no problem, ID had to be left.

I had previously always stayed at Omni but this is my hotel from now on. Highly recommended. Just a shame as I was on a sports tour and out all day Saturday and not getting in till 4am both mornings. I didn't get to use the pool.looked nice.

Bobz12
10-22-08, 00:27
I was thinking of staying in the President Solitaire.

Does anyone know if they allow/charge if bringing back more than one girl?

Daddy San
10-22-08, 18:14
Just returned from a weekend stay at this new hotel. ............
Hi Shearer68,
I remember reading an set of posts seemingly implying that Dawin does not accept credit cards.
Unfortunately, I did not find & read all the posts in the exchange, so I may have gotten it totally wrong (I hope!).
Do you have any info on that matter?.

Thanks

Mayday14
10-22-08, 19:38
Hi Shearer68,
I remember reading an set of posts seemingly implying that Dawin does not accept credit cards.
Unfortunately, I did not find & read all the posts in the exchange, so I may have gotten it totally wrong (I hope!).
Do you have any info on that matter?.

Thanks

Dawin does accept credit cards, just doesn't take the number prior to arrival.

Mayday14
10-22-08, 19:43

I've taken 2 back on a couple of occasions. Just for overnight though, not sure how they'd react if you wanted 2+ for pool use, etc.
I usually tip the security guard 100baht if doing this.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Bobz12
10-22-08, 23:11
I've taken 2 back on a couple of occasions. Just for overnight though, not sure how they'd react if you wanted 2+ for pool use, etc.
I usually tip the security guard 100baht if doing this.

I highly recommend this hotel.I was only thinking about overnight, thanks for the advice.

M P Lurker
10-23-08, 03:27
Yeh, Dynasty Grande was the same.
I guess they have so much business that they don't worry if a booked in guest doesn't show up.
Can soon get a walk in to take over the room.
Best to tell them if you are arriving late as may not like to hold the room late unless expecting you late.

Bearsk
10-26-08, 07:57
Its no problem provided they have ID. I have had 3 at a time with no problem. Go in through the backdoor in the lane way near hotel Chic and make sure they have ID.

Fifty Fifty
10-27-08, 08:53

Hi Bobz12 - you have no PM facility so here goes.

I will hopefully be in BKK from Nov 24th and will also stay at President Solitaire. I have some excellent recommendations for this hotel and will book through Agoda.com to get a very decent room at $98 a night. The access via the back-door has also been recommended to me, but IMHO it is not really necessary.

My experience with BKK hotels is that they are all very GF, but the top-end places require ID. This is how I do it to save any embarassment.

Find out who is the night security guy in charge, get yourself introduced to him and personally ask him about bringing back a girl, whilst slipping him a reasonable tip (100+ THB). Then tell him that when you return with said girl and they need ID you will require the following:

You walk in with girl and pass security her ID, meanwhile you and the girl continue to the room like normal guests. The security take a copy of the ID and within 10 minutes you expect the original to be brought to your room.(Tip the guy delivering it 100 THB also)
That way, in the morning the girl has her original ID back and can leave as a normal guest.

Sometimes, as in good Manila hotels, the security will stop her on departure and call your room to check she is free to go - this is a very good arrangement and stops 'runners and thefts'.

However if you wish to save her any embarassment, then you can call reception as she leaves and inform them that she is free to go, on the other hand, you could be a gentleman like me and escort her to the front door - but sometimes I just cant be arsed to do that !!!

Hope this helps, cheers, FF

Evil Penivel
10-27-08, 23:10

I've had as many as five back with me and the front desk people never batted an eye. The security guy did give me the thumbs up.

Evil

Fon Tok
10-28-08, 01:59
anyone know of a decent short time hotel in patpong? similar to the peep inn on soi 33?

Giotto
10-28-08, 02:29
anyone know of a decent short time hotel in patpong? similar to the peep inn on soi 33?fon tok,

there is nothing in that quality!

quality: peep inn has relatively well sized rooms for a st hotel, an interesting furniture design, mirrors, even a gyno chair in some rooms, it is definitely not bad for a st hotel. if there were a st hotel of my choice it would be peep inn. [there are some reasons that i cannot go there :):)]

nothing like that in patpong. there are st hotels, and the patpong girls know where, similar to the st hotels around soi nana.

giotto

Farmboy5
10-28-08, 05:20

Correct. I was just there and paid with Amex

M P Lurker
10-28-08, 09:21
anyone know of a decent short time hotel in patpong? similar to the peep inn on soi 33?
fon tok,

there is a reasonable st hotel in patpong although more expensive than the other shit holes. it is located at the south end of patpong 2 on the left side if coming from silom road.
a search of bangkok thread for sol and patpong revealed my own post which mentions:
"the strand" which has either short or long term stay and its right opposite plaza onsen soapy in patpong.

don't know how it compares to peep inn as have not been to peep inn.

was good enough for photography and bathroom reasonably good. here are my first dirty photos from there although not close to your standard. even the girls took some of the pics (perhaps there are a lot i am yet to post - bad memory):
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=733432&postcount=622

Nvslim
10-28-08, 11:14
Was good enough for photography and bathroom reasonably good. Here are my first dirty photos from there although not close to your standard. Even the girls took some of the pics (perhaps there a lot I am yet to post - bad memory):
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=733432&postcount=622

Went back and looked at the photos of the two girls. Absolutely Faaaabulous. I would love to squirt chocolate syrup on each pussy and lick until I went into diabetic shock.

Slim

M P Lurker
10-28-08, 14:27
Went back and looked at the photos of the two girls. Absolutely Faaaabulous. I would love to squirt chocolate syrup on each pussy and lick until I went into diabetic shock.

Slim
You do exaggerate. One girl was the famous Tuk from SOL who is currently not in BKK. She was a deep throat expert.
I'll try to get the other pics out soon. But doesn't belong in this thread.

Fon Tok
10-28-08, 19:23
there is a reasonable st hotel in patpong although more expensive than the other shit holes...."the strand"
thanks mick for the tip. i read a review of the peep inn somewhere and it sounded interesting and i'm curious if there is someplace similar in patpong.

i did walk by the stand tonight on the way home. funny, never noticed it before, but then again, my interest in patpong is limited to one particular lady who i barfined last week after drinking one too many. she was memorable, at least the parts i remember, although i did have a few bites and scratches that i needed to hide from the "mrs." possibly best if i just leave that wild beer bar girl to one night...

thanks for the interesting link and your positive reference to my photos. i've been giving it, (posting photos), a rest lately after a fellow isg member accused me of being a "stalker" on another website. i guess some guys just like to spoil the party.

M P Lurker
10-28-08, 22:58
thanks mick for the tip. i read a review of the peep inn somewhere and it sounded interesting and i'm curious if there is someplace similar in patpong.

i did walk by the stand tonight on the way home. funny, never noticed it before, but then again, my interest in patpong is limited to one particular lady who i barfined last week after drinking one too many. she was memorable, at least the parts i remember, although i did have a few bites and scratches that i needed to hide from the "mrs." possibly best if i just leave that wild beer bar girl to one night...

thanks for the interesting link and your positive reference to my photos. i've been giving it, (posting photos), a rest lately after a fellow isg member accused me of being a "stalker" on another website. i guess some guys just like to spoil the party.
i think most of us are mature enough to know the difference between an ordinary guy taking photos, a paparazzi who must pursue his subjects relentlessly, and the even more extreme "stalkers".

those that make such accusations must be somewhat suspect in my view. what is causing strange things to get into their heads?

most of us appreciate that unposed shots can be better.

Ranger775
10-29-08, 07:03
This was initially posted on Giotto's forum but I suspect many members, like myself, might not be familar with the site so I decided to post it again on the hotel and Bangkok threads.

I am in the midst of a two week vacation and have completed about a third of my stay at Livingston's Lodge and thought I would share my initial impressions. Let me preface my remarks by stating these comments are neither a paid advertisement (unless you count that posting ones impressions was one of the conditions for the ISG discount). Nor were these comments solicited or made under duress of any kind (I was not threatened to be banned from the Sports Bar). Finally, I am making these comments completely sober (as it is too early to began drinking).

I have divided this report into three sections: Description of the lodge, the Thai pearls who work in the lodge, and of course, the best asset at the lodge, the mother pearl.

The Lodge: Previous posts on Giotto’s forum have described the lodge appropriately as being an oasis in the bustling city. That is indeed a fine description although I would also describe it as a Nirvana for those seeking a relaxing vacation and looking for the ultimate in a GFE. It is nestled about 50 meters off the road so you have complete privacy and are insulated from traffic noise (although there is major construction taking place across the way which serves as an early morning alarm clock).

The lodge itself is wonderful consisting of some 27 rooms. It is small enough so that the staff quickly comes to know you and they provide a level of personal service and comfort that you would never find in a five star hotel.

The rooms are clean and spacious. As nice a room you would find at the Conrad, Sheraton, or Marriott. Indeed, the rooms at the lodge offer virtually all of the same amenities as the aforementioned hotels albeit without the decadent ambiance (which of course you end up paying for). With the prices at the lodge being some 40. 70 percent less than the other hotels it is a perfect place. Finally, the restaurant is outstanding with, as proclaimed by the manager Guido, the steaks being some of the best you can find anywhere.

The Pearls: The most stunning amenity at the lodge are the girls. I do not think you could find such a group wonderful, vivacious, sweet girls. Everyone I spoke to was a gem. Polite, funny, and very very friendly. Being on a deployment that has made any kind of interaction with members of the opposite sex non-existent (believe me many of those whose ID tags identify themselves as females would hardly qualify from any objective measurement), I thought one of those IED's must have hit closer than I thought and I had died and gone to heaven (yes, I know it is a cliche).

I will note, that my goal in coming here was not to necessarily engage in bouts of decadent sex. Rather, I wanted the intimacy provided by female companionship and all that it entails. In that respect, I truly felt I was living in a dream. Without exception every interaction I have had with the girls has been the ultimate fulfillment of what I had hoped for. I will not go into detail of each experience but suffice it to say that without exception each girl exceeded my expectations and desires.

In reading the thread some may find the bar fines a little bit higher than what you can find at the bars. 1500 Baht for an early take-out with a declining price structure as the evening wears on. On this point I will offer two observations. First, by any measure the prices are far less than what you would find in virtually any other place in the world.

Second, having visited the bars in Soi Cowboy and NEP, I believe the quality of the girls is far superior than what you will find in those other places. The best analogy I can think of is that at the lodge they offer a variety of steaks and you can chose to have it from local beef or imported Argentine beef. Of course the Argentine cut will be more expensive because it is of much higher quality. In this respect the girls are the finest.

However, notwithstanding the great rooms and extraordinary girls, the most extraordinary asset is Som (Giotto's wife). I can say without hesitation that she has personally ensured that my time here has been exceptional.

At the risk of derision, I will share one story that illustrates what I mean. My first night at the lodge (after some 30 hours of travel time) I entered the sports bar and one of the mamasans introduced me two of the wonderful girls. I was enamored with both of them. As the evening wore on I was asked if I wanted to bar fine either of them. Not being able to make up my mind I decided to bar fine both of them (bearing in mind that after the long travel I had no expectation of any performance but I wanted the company. As the girls continued to play pool I noticed they had a friend and I decided to go ahead and bar fine her so as not to leave her alone. I was told that she was not one of the girls at the lodge but it was suggested that I bar fine another girl who was relatively new and had not yet been bar fined (a very very sweet girl but unfortunately she has yet to learn English which made intimacy more difficult).

To make a long story short I found myself going out with 4 very sweet and wonderful girls and started to panic. I knew there was no way I could be with 4 girls (bed is large but not that large and I was exhausted and running strictly on adrenaline). But I was worried about insulting any of the girls and had heard about the concept of losing face. Fortunately, the un-barfined girl met a friend at the bar in which we are eating and decided to stay with her. By the way if I have one suggestion it is that NEVER, EVER, ask four Thai girls what they want to do. You will get five suggestions). So I returned to the lodge with the three girls and as they ate again (one would think that such small girls could not pack away the food, but they can), I went to search out the mamasan for advice.

It was at this point I was introduced to Giotto's wife. I explained to her my situation, I sensed she wanted to laugh (when I got to finally meet Giotto and told him of the situation I knew he was having trouble from shaking his head in amusement and rolling his eyes). Anyway, she quickly allayed my concerns and provided excellent advice on how to handle the situation and assisted me in resolving my dilemma (not to keep you in suspense I tipped two girls but went to sleep with one).

I suspect my antics raised a modicum of concern with Giotto and Som because I was ordered to report the following morning for a briefing. Som and I chatted for some time and she made a number of recommendations on how I should proceed (undoubtedly understanding I was not looking to get married but would probably end up marrying one of the girls if I was not careful).

She also provided me some critical G2 about the girls that I was interested in to ensure I received the ultimate GFE.

There is so much more to say but this post is already too long. Hopefully, I will have a chance to provide a follow on posting.

I understand that people come here for varying reasons and desires. However I cannot imagine why anyone would want to stay anywhere else. Even if your proclivities lead you to seek a different experience you are only minutes away from Soi Cowboy and just a bit further to NEP.

My only frightening experiences was going to a Ladyboy bar with a couple of the girls. I know they say there are ways to tell (ie Adams Apple) but I was scared. That experience solidified my decision to stay with girls from the bar. Although I do enjoy telling the girls that in terms of beauty the Ladyboys are number one and Livingston girls are number two (far far of more higher quality than what I saw at the myriad of go-go bars the girls took me to).

So far a truly remarkable experience.

Winny49
11-03-08, 02:46
I could not get Majestic Suites for mid Nov.

Please suggest alternatives within 1500 Baht range.

Is Dynasty Inn an acceptable alternative?

Need help.

DG69
11-04-08, 09:08

Need help.

Dynasty Inn, is Ok, but a bit run down. Rooms are not so nice like in MS.
There are some others in that Area. S15 or Ever Rich Hotel, but I don't know what they charge or how they are.

Update: Checked today 3 Hotel along lower Sukhumvit, also for own purpose, since I will return to BKK after two weeks Pattaya.

S15 isn't that cheap. Costs are about 3000 Bhat cheapest internet rate.
Rooms are great, new, stylish, W-Lan, big flat screen TV, DVD Player, will impress the chicks I guess. Also, it's very central between Soi Nana and Soi Cowboy. But, 3000 Bhat is a bit too expensive, but on the other hand side we live only once and life is short.;)

Ever Rich. Indians run that Hotel, but it's a good bargain. They have small rooms for 1200 Bhat (without window) and 1600 Bhat bigger Rooms with window. Also, W-Lan as far I understood, no flat screen TV, new renovated bath room. But, not as propper clean as Majestic Suits. Girlfriendly and good location, between Soi 5 and Soi 7. But, not so nice and comfortable beds.

Top Inn, just next to Majestic Suits. 1200 Bhat, but a bit run down, smalish rooms with older bath rooms.

Goyave
11-04-08, 14:57

Need help.At a little bit less than this rate (at around 1350 baht for a Superior room per night if booked on-line, for instance with Agoda or Asiarooms, breakfast included), there's also the Manhattan Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 15.

-------------
Manhattan Hotel
Soi 15 Sukhumvit Rd., Bangkok 10110.
Tel: +66(0) 2255 0166
Fax: +66(0) 2255 3481

E-mail: reservations@hotelmanhattan.com
Web site: http://www.hotelmanhattan.com
-------------

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/manhattan_hotel.html

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/manhattan.html?gclid=CKrw-KzO25YCFRURegod0AN63Q

-------------

It's location is very convenient (just a few minutes walk from Nana Entertainment Plaza, Soi Cowboy, etc.). The place is not luxurious, but decent and "girl friendly".

Don't use their Wifi Internet access though as it is quite expensive...

Acerboy
11-06-08, 16:57
Guys,

There seems to be a new hotel on soi 19 suk just after key hotel. Key hotel is on the left side and this new hotel is on the right, more or less opposite the 7-11. Anyone here aware of this hotel name and the rates? I was in a citichic tuk tuk and was rushing to the Asoke BTS to meet a customer.

Mouse1
11-12-08, 16:00
I have been staying at LeFenix for my last few visits. Very good clean rooms, and now with roof-top bar. Usually paying about 1900Bht per night. It's a fair stroll down Soi 11, but I quite enjoy it, and one could get a moto-taxi for 20Bht if it was a problem. Opposite Q-Bar and near Bed Supper Club (never been to either, but I saw last week they offer free entry to BSC if you stay at the hotel).

Back in BKK tomorrow, and hotel is full, but spotted Citadines Soi 11 is now open, with a rate of 2099Bht per night (on Wotif). I've watched it being built, and seems to have a nice bar on the ground floor. Looks great value so I have booked in for 3 nights. Will write up details later. Anyone else stayed there?

M P Lurker
11-12-08, 16:22
Guys,

There seems to be a new hotel on soi 19 suk just after key hotel. Key hotel is on the left side and this new hotel is on the right, more or less opposite the 7-11. Anyone here aware of this hotel name and the rates? I was in a citichic tuk tuk and was rushing to the Asoke BTS to meet a customer.
I believe Sam's Lodge is on the right (tiny) roughly opposite the Key but this is probably not what you mean.

The other one I know of is too far up:
Asoke Bangkok Sofitel residence.
http://www.chiangdao.com/thailandhotels/bangkokhotels/asokesofitel/details.htm

Papae Noel
11-13-08, 03:46
I received a very attractive quote for their Grande superior room, but forgot to respond with my credit card info. I have just now sent deposit on my credit card, but just 5 days before arrival. I hope they still have a room for me. I have stayed at other hotels in Bangkok, but this one has received some nice reviews. How are the hotels in the Sukhumvit area right now? Pretty full, or always a room available?

Other board member posted about LeFenix. The pics on their website impressed me, and he got a room at 1900 Baht? Even more impressive.

M P Lurker
11-13-08, 08:45
Other board member posted about LeFenix. The pics on their website impressed me, and he got a room at 1900 Baht? Even more impressive.
Le Fenix is good if you don't mind the distance to BTS/MRT.

I personally like to be close to both MRT and BTS so can get to MPs quickly.

City Lodge Soi 19 is in a fantastic location for me as its only a stone's throw from BTS/MRT and Soi Cowboy. I might try it some time soon. Or the new Hotel that someone mentioned is going up opposite The Key if prices are O.K.

Livingstone's Lodge is just a little further to MRT/Soi Cowboy but still walking distance. If in a hurry, I take a motorcycle through the back Sois in daytime or Taxi at night. A Taxi can get caught in traffic during the day in the narrow Sois.

Mouse1
11-13-08, 20:02
Other board member posted about LeFenix. The pics on their website impressed me, and he got a room at 1900 Baht? Even more impressive.Aren't I just? It's currently advertised on Wotif for 1801 Bht per night (with 2 hours free internet).

Mouse1
11-13-08, 20:06
I personally like to be close to both MRT and BTS so can get to MPs quickly.You sound like you are sprinting from one MP to the next! Perhaps you are... How many do you get through in a day? :-)

For me, a gentle stroll down Soi 11 followed by a nice air-conditioned ride to Thonglor BTS is always a nice start to the day...

M P Lurker
11-14-08, 01:18
You sound like you are sprinting from one MP to the next! Perhaps you are... How many do you get through in a day? :-)

For me, a gentle stroll down Soi 11 followed by a nice air-conditioned ride to Thonglor BTS is always a nice start to the day...
Usually only 1 MP per day, sometimes two, especially if one was a disappointing session, but I do like to be able to get there relatively quickly after making a phone booking, without wasting a lot of time in traffic.

Often one of the chosen girls is not available immediately (maybe not yet at work) and I have to wait for papasan to call me back with a time when I can get a booking.
I would rather wiat a bit rather than take just any girl.

Mouse1
11-14-08, 17:32
Back in BKK tomorrow, and hotel is full, but spotted Citadines Soi 11 is now open, with a rate of 2099Bht per night (on Wotif). I've watched it being built, and seems to have a nice bar on the ground floor. Looks great value so I have booked in for 3 nights. Will write up details later. Anyone else stayed there?Forgot to ask the obvious question about girl-friendliness before I checked in. However the (rather gorgeous) evening staff didn't bat an eyelid as I rolled in with 2 girls at about 10pm. Took their ID cards, and later phoned my room to check as they were leaving. Normally I would have accompanied them in a gentlemanly way, but was too wobbly to walk ;-)

Tcvve
11-15-08, 17:28
Hi.

I will be going to Bangkok in January 2009. I’ve been there before but this time I want to stay at a budget hotel around the Sukhumvit (Nana) area.

I will be staying in Bkk for 1 month.

I have reduced my choices to the following 2 hotels:

White Orchid Inn
21/7 Sukhumvit Soi 4(Nana Tai) Rd

PS GuestHouse
26/1 Sukhumvit 8, Bangkok

Has anyone stayed at one of the above 2 hotels and give me a review?

Thanks.
TC

Sainter21
11-16-08, 04:18
Hi.

I will be going to Bangkok in January 2009. I’ve been there before but this time I want to stay at a budget hotel around the Sukhumvit (Nana) area.

I have reduced my choices to the following 2 hotels:

White Orchid Inn
21/7 Sukhumvit Soi 4(Nana Tai) Rd

PS GuestHouse
26/1 Sukhumvit 8, Bangkok

Has anyone stayed at one of the above 2 hotels and give me a review?

Thanks.
TC

No, and no. But I stay at the Swan Inn now and it meets your requirements.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=761982&highlight=swan#post761982

M P Lurker
11-16-08, 04:47

Could be a long time to be stuck in BKK if on a tight budget.

Tcvve
11-16-08, 17:12
No, and no. But I stay at the Swan Inn now and it meets your requirements.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=761982&highlight=swan#post761982

Thanks, I sent Swan an email a couple of days ago, but have not received a reply.

Tcvve
11-16-08, 17:24
Could be a long time to be stuck in BKK if on a tight budget.

Hi Mick.
Been good at budgeting my past trips to Bangkok. A month will not set me dry. I just don’t want to continue staying at the Nana hotel with their inflated room rates.

Mauldid
11-16-08, 19:47
Hi Mick,

Been good at budgeting my past trips to Bangkok. A month will not set me dry. I just don’t want to continue staying at the Nana hotel with their inflated room rates.http://www.nanahotel.co.th

Is this the website for the famous Nana hotel? Website pics haven't been updated in awhile. Passed it many times when I was in BKK but never had a chance to stay there. Usually at the Grand Prez but had a bad experience for my last stay so looking for something new. I would like to stay at the Majestic but damn it's expensive. Any opinion on the Ambassador, down the street from the Prez?

M P Lurker
11-17-08, 04:03
Hi Mick.
Been good at budgeting my past trips to Bangkok. A month will not set me dry. I just don’t want to continue staying at the Nana hotel with their inflated room rates.
I was thinking that Mongering in Pattaya would save you a lot of money over BKK.

M P Lurker
11-17-08, 04:11
http://www.nanahotel.co.th

Is this the website for the famous Nana hotel? Website pics haven't been updated in awhile. Passed it many times when I was in BKK but never had a chance to stay there. Usually at the Grand Prez but had a bad experience for my last stay so looking for something new. I would like to stay at the Majestic but damn it's expensive. Any opinion on the Ambassador, down the street from the Prez?
Ambassador has joiner fee unless book a double room. Grand President is normally O.K. So what was your big problem with GP?

M P Lurker
11-17-08, 04:37
Hi Mick.
The 2 Hotels you quoted are not well Known. Some recommended cheap Hotels by AsiaTraveller2:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=722600&postcount=3692

Goyave
11-17-08, 05:31
The 2 Hotels you quoted are not well Known. Some recommended cheap Hotels by AsiaTraveller2:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=722600&postcount=3692And there's another one not too bad here: 803255

Acerboy
11-17-08, 08:02
I believe Sam's Lodge is on the right (tiny) roughly opposite the Key but this is probably not what you mean.

The other one I know of is too far up:
Asoke Bangkok Sofitel residence.
http://www.chiangdao.com/thailandhotels/bangkokhotels/asokesofitel/details.htmIt's not Sam's lodge. this hotel is new and a stand alone building. There was no signage when I saw it.:( Their coffee house is next to the reception.

Acerboy
11-17-08, 09:07
I've managed to surf and find out the name of the Hotel.It is Sachas Hotel Uno Bangkok ifI'm not wrong.if anyone has checked it out, let us know and see if we can get a good deal.

http://www.hotel-uno.com/en/concept/index.php

Mauldid
11-18-08, 18:59
Ambassador has joiner fee unless book a double room. Grand President is normally O. K. So what was your big problem with GP? Flew in from Seoul for a trip during May day for 8 days. Game plan was to stay in BKK for 3 days (Grand Prez internet package) then head to Samui for the remainder 5. Got sick so stayed in in GP all 8 days. Ask front desk if they give me same internet package since I'm extending, even with all these open rooms they said no. So they charged me a normal daily rate, free breakfast but not free internet. The help (bell, maid, and doorman) were great but the management suck balls. So that's why I'm looking for another hotel to stay in when I head back to BKK. And that place might be the Dynasty Grande, heard they offered a free ride to Pattaya.

M P Lurker
11-19-08, 05:06
Flew in from Seoul for a trip during May day for 8 days. Game plan was to stay in BKK for 3 days (Grand Prez internet package) then head to Samui for the remainder 5. Got sick so stayed in in GP all 8 days. Ask front desk if they give me same internet package since I'm extending, even with all these open rooms they said no. So they charged me a normal daily rate, free breakfast but not free internet. The help (bell, maid, and doorman) were great but the management suck balls. So that's why I'm looking for another hotel to stay in when I head back to BKK. And that place might be the Dynasty Grande, heard they offered a free ride to Pattaya.

Yes O.K. When extending I have asked in advance if I get the same rate as before. So far I have been lucky enough to get it. Maybe because Hotel was not too busy at the time.

But I find that some desk staff are very helpful and others are not. Quality varies. But having been there a few times I know which staff are best to approach.

M P Lurker
11-19-08, 05:13
I've managed to surf and find out the name of the Hotel.It is Sachas Hotel Uno Bangkok ifI'm not wrong.if anyone has checked it out, let us know and see if we can get a good deal.

http://www.hotel-uno.com/en/concept/index.php
Sounds good with perfect location.
But I would watch out for total price including taxes and internet usage charge. Looks like doesn't have a swimming pool and they do not state "free internet".

Probably similar to S15 Hotel.

Baldoon
11-19-08, 12:22
Colleagues

I have an early evening layover at BKK soon. I really don't have the time or energy to go all the way into the city, but would like a little entertainment.

What I have in mind is to get a room in one of the hotels that advertise as being close to the airport - Queen's Garden, Floral Shire or similar - and enjoy a nice in-house special massage and a few hours sleep.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to which of the airport area hotels would be a good choice for this?

Thanks for any help.

Asian Flava
11-19-08, 18:11
Hi Guys,

I've visiting BKK a few times and have always stayed in the Suk area. I'm due back in a few months to attend a work conference. The hotel that is hosting the conference is one of the big ones along the Riverside. My previous visits have always been for pleasure only. I have been on a temporary hiatus from mongering but am back in play and this trip will be my celebration to be back in the game. Therefore I don't want to stay in the same hotel as the conference since it is expensive (I can think of a few other ways to spend the money) and not close to the Suk where I know my way around. I am thinking of staying in the Suk and commuting back and forth to the conference. So:

1. Can anyone tell me what sort of travel time I'll be looking at to get from Nana MRT station to the Riverside area? The hotel (The Royal Orchid) is not right by the MRT station down there and would either require a long walk or at the very least a taxi ride. I'll prob have to be at the hotel around 8am in the morning and want to know if its worth it for me to stay in Suk and commute.

2. If this is not feasible are there any good nightlife spots around the Riverside area? I haven't explored Patpong too much but think it would be closer. And can anyone recommend a modest hotel in the Riverside area for 2500 baht range that is girl friendly?

I really appreciate the info and can't wait to get back in the game on this trip.

AF

Acerboy
11-20-08, 03:55
Sounds good with perfect location.

But I would watch out for total price including taxes and internet usage charge. Looks like doesn't have a swimming pool and they do not state "free internet".

Probably similar to S15 Hotel.Agree Mick. Location is great and it is new. internet free is a must for me, swimming pool or not is ok for me. I'll be back in Dec and shall ask them for their total price. I will stick to CitiChic for now.

Always There
11-21-08, 03:43
Can anyone please let me know if these hotels are GF?

Thanks in advance

Jayf1970
11-22-08, 16:45
Anyone have experience staying in Tower 1 or 2 of Grand President? Tower 1 is where the main check-in lobby is and Tower 2 is the one right next to it. I have always stayed at Tower 3, which is across the street. Tower 3 is quite girl friendly; the security guy asks for the girl's papers and absolutely no eyebrows raised.

However, Tower 3 only has the Topaz studios and I would like to upgrade to something bigger this time. The question is: are Towers 1 and 2 girl friendly? The reason I ask is that these two towers seem more touristy with the main check-in lobby, lot of non-mongers hanging out, etc.

Would highly appreciate any insights.

Thanks guys.

Theant
11-22-08, 19:17
Anyone have experience staying in Tower 1 or 2 of Grand President? Tower 1 is where the main check-in lobby is and Tower 2 is the one right next to it. I have always stayed at Tower 3, which is across the street. Tower 3 is quite girl friendly; the security guy asks for the girl's papers and absolutely no eyebrows raised.Tower 1 and 2 are girl friendly like tower 3 (better because more reserved and no walk of shame), but same service in the other towers

Blair
11-22-08, 21:47
In my experience all the Sukhumvit 'President' properties, Grand President, Royal President and President Solitaire are totally GF. No hassles bringing anyone back. ID was asked at Solitaire one time but security were fine when I indicated my companion was an old acquaintance.

Anyone have experience staying in Tower 1 or 2 of Grand President? Tower 1 is where the main check-in lobby is and Tower 2 is the one right next to it. I have always stayed at Tower 3, which is across the street. Tower 3 is quite girl friendly; the security guy asks for the girl's papers and absolutely no eyebrows raised.

However, Tower 3 only has the Topaz studios and I would like to upgrade to something bigger this time. The question is: are Towers 1 and 2 girl friendly? The reason I ask is that these two towers seem more touristy with the main check-in lobby, lot of non-mongers hanging out, etc.

Would highly appreciate any insights.

Thanks guys.

M P Lurker
11-23-08, 05:00
Hi Guys,

I've visiting BKK a few times and have always stayed in the Suk area. I'm due back in a few months to attend a work conference. The hotel that is hosting the conference is one of the big ones along the Riverside. My previous visits have always been for pleasure only. I have been on a temporary hiatus from mongering but am back in play and this trip will be my celebration to be back in the game. Therefore I don't want to stay in the same hotel as the conference since it is expensive (I can think of a few other ways to spend the money) and not close to the Suk where I know my way around. I am thinking of staying in the Suk and commuting back and forth to the conference. So:

1. Can anyone tell me what sort of travel time I'll be looking at to get from Nana MRT station to the Riverside area? The hotel (The Royal Orchid) is not right by the MRT station down there and would either require a long walk or at the very least a taxi ride. I'll prob have to be at the hotel around 8am in the morning and want to know if its worth it for me to stay in Suk and commute.

2. If this is not feasible are there any good nightlife spots around the Riverside area? I haven't explored Patpong too much but think it would be closer. And can anyone recommend a modest hotel in the Riverside area for 2500 baht range that is girl friendly?

I really appreciate the info and can't wait to get back in the game on this trip.

AF
I believe your conference Hotel "Royal Orchid" is only about 800m from Hua Lamphong underground subway (MRT) station, at close to intersection of Charoen Krung and Si Phraya roads.

So I would stay at a Hotel close to Soi Asoke (Soi 21) of Sukhumvit Road. e.g. in Soi 19 or Soi 21.

Then you can catch the MRT subway from Sukhumvit Station to Hua Lamphong. Probably would take 30-40 mins including wait for the train, maybe less.

After you get out you can walk, or if running late, catch a Tuk Tuk ot motorcycle to the Royal orchid.

Use Google Maps and search for "Royal Orchid, Bangkok".
Beware some people put pins in the wrong place but I believe its on the east side of the river.

This map shows some Sukhumvit Hotels (and even Royal Orchid is marked, plus some MRT stations and Green Line is the MRT line):
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.735383,100.544214&spn=0.058113,0.075102&z=14

Gangles
11-23-08, 12:41
A few weeeks ago, I was to meet the gf flying in, for us to travel on the next morning early. I was looking for a hotel close to the airport. So I asked the tourist desk in th airport. They gave me four names.

I have checked them in the internet for some basic info.

Airport Hotels
As at 10 October 2008.

I enquired at the airport tourist information desk about hotels close to the airport.

They gave me 4 names. I had a look for them on the internet, and got the following information as follows:

Name price per double phone
Queen’s Garden resort 1,000 02-7344540
Convenient Resort Superior, about 1,000 TBH 02-3274118
Thong Ta resort about 900 per double
Miracle Hometel about 3,000 02-3380333

Hope this helps. We did not stay at any of them, so I have no personal experience.

Gangles

M P Lurker
11-23-08, 13:10
A few weeeks ago, I was to meet the gf flying in, for us to travel on the next morning early. I was looking for a hotel close to the airport. So I asked the tourist desk in th airport. They gave me four names.

Airport Hotels
As at 10 October 2008.

I enquired at the airport tourist information desk about hotels close to the airport.

They gave me 4 names. I had a look for them on the internet, and got the following information as follows:

Hope this helps. We did not stay at any of them, so I have no personal experience.

Gangles
Its not hard to do web search for Hotels near the airport too.
Here are some others Hotels about 15km most likely but in more expensive bracket.
http://www.holidaycity.com/bangkok-pravet/index.html

Here is a site with Map showing Hotel distance from airport:
http://directrooms.com/thailand/hotels/bangkok-hotels/suvarnabhumi-price1.htm

DG69
11-23-08, 14:50
Hi Guys,

It's a coincident. I was today at Wat Arun and China town. So, when your Hotel is on the river side, than I would recommend, you use a boat or Ferry to Saphan Taksim. From there you can use the BTS via Siam Center to Nana. Well, at least at daytime. Can cost you between 40 minutes and one hour I would guess. Also, possible is to use taxi, but better not at daytime or during rush hour.

Goyave
11-23-08, 15:03

Airport Hotels
As at 10 October 2008.

GanglesI've already stayed once (one night) at the Queen's Garden resort. This hotel is OK and its location is very convenient for instance if you have to take an early flight from Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok.

Don't forget to print their location map and directions in Thai as this hotel is not well-known by taxi drivers.

Location map & directions: http://www.queensgardenresort.net/location.html

Asian Flava
11-23-08, 17:05
Thanks I appreciate the info. Would much prefer to stay around Suk and have some fun in the evenings. I'm familiar with this area and have a fav I haven't seen in a while. Don't really want to risk having her come to my conference hotel.

Don't want "worlds to collide" like George on Seinfeld!!

Will let you know how it goes.

AF

I believe your conference Hotel "Royal Orchid" is only about 800m from Hua Lamphong underground subway (MRT) station, at close to intersection of Charoen Krung and Si Phraya roads.

So I would stay at a Hotel close to Soi Asoke (Soi 21) of Sukhumvit Road. e.g. in Soi 19 or Soi 21.

Then you can catch the MRT subway from Sukhumvit Station to Hua Lamphong. Probably would take 30-40 mins including wait for the train, maybe less.

After you get out you can walk, or if running late, catch a Tuk Tuk ot motorcycle to the Royal orchid.

Use Google Maps and search for "Royal Orchid, Bangkok".
Beware some people put pins in the wrong place but I believe its on the east side of the river.

This map shows some Sukhumvit Hotels (and even Royal Orchid is marked, plus some MRT stations and Green Line is the MRT line):
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.735383,100.544214&spn=0.058113,0.075102&z=14

Sannita Sos
11-23-08, 18:02
I booked one week at the Navalai River Resort 45/1-2 Phra Athit Road, Phra Nakorn.

Sannita Sos
11-23-08, 19:50
Can you plz tell me a good hotel in Bangkok for me, max 3000 bht for night, with free wireless access, GF and close to pubblic transportation and night life. Plz write me back.

Washburn
11-23-08, 20:42

Airport Hotels
As at 10 October 2008.

Gangles

I've stayed at the Thong Ta. It's good value, but it's a bit hard to find. Plus there's no elevator in their new building.

DG69
11-24-08, 05:52
Can you plz tell me a good hotel in Bangkok for me, max 3000 bht for night, with free wireless access, GF and close to pubblic transportation and night life. Plz write me back.

There some in that range. I know S15 (Sukhumvit Soi15), Dynasty Grande Soi 6 and The Davin Soi 4. So, all that Hotels have what you want.

Acerboy
11-24-08, 08:40
Can you plz tell me a good hotel in Bangkok for me, max 3000 bht for night, with free wireless access, GF and close to pubblic transportation and night life. Plz write me back.Dynasty Grande Soi 6 Sukh(Bhat2,800), walking distance to BTS. Citichic Soi13 Sukh(Bhat2,300), need moto taxi or tuk tuk(provided by hotel) to BTS.You can get to night life from these 2 hotels easily. Off course there is Livingstone on Soi 33, check the thread on Livingstone.

M P Lurker
11-24-08, 09:11
Its on the river but well away from the Monger action places.
O.K. for sight seeing with your wife.
But otherwise I wouldn't stay there.
I have no idea what the hotel is like but search internet to see the reviews from both extremes.

Could try Sao Botan Soapy Massage (yellow pin on Map) only a few km away.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.0004488989cf3827c091b&ll=13.763896,100.50293&spn=0.056105,0.075102&z=14
Do a search for Navalai Resort on that Map in the top Search box.

P.S. Political shit might be going on towards that area. So again I would advise to stay somewhere else (if its not too late already), like Sukhumvit Road or Pratu Naam district. Try to get not too far from sky train BTS.

Sannita Sos
11-24-08, 10:36
I booked on the president solitaire. Is it a good choice?

M P Lurker
11-24-08, 23:58
Yes. Reasonably popular.

FastPapi
11-28-08, 12:17
Would somebody know if The Landmark Hotel is GF? Got booked there by ma company.

Thanks for your help!

Knobrm
11-29-08, 11:43
I have styayed in all 3 towers several times over the years and can confirm they are all equally friendly.
Next time in couple of qeeks time if politics so allow..
Tower 1 and 2 are girl friendly like tower 3 (better because more reserved and no walk of shame), but same service in the other towers

Knobrm
11-29-08, 15:09
Landmark is friendly, however girls can not get in without you. Walk in with her or pick up from lobby.

Would somebody know if The Landmark Hotel is GF? Got booked there by ma company.

Thanks for your help!

M P Lurker
12-09-08, 10:31
No reports for nearly 2 weeks. I guess no one wants to stay in BKK anymore. :D
I will still be arriving BKK in two weeks undetered.
I am hoping for spectacular discount offers, instead of peak season rates, especially for the new Hotels.
I probably don't even have to worry about any advance bookings.

Fon Tok
12-09-08, 12:32
No reports for nearly 2 weeks. I guess no one wants to stay in BKK anymore. :D
OK Mick...I took the bait!

I've been staying for a week at the iResidence Hotel next to the Chong Nonsi BTS station. It's a small comfortable place that's fairly new. Great location if you like this neighborhood (I do), and about a 70 baht taxi ride over to Sukhumvit. Fifty (50) steps to the BTS elevator (so convenient -- the attached picture is the view from my room!).

Price was approximately 2000 baht for a large room (jr. suite on the top floor); free LAN internet, flatscreen/DVD, free snacks and drinks refilled everyday. They have 2 for 1 drinks Happy Hour at the rooftop bar. I booked the first three days on RatesToGo and the next three directly at the hotel.

My lovely new gig's been staying with me. No questions were asked when she joined me late the first evening, (after I found her at the bar she works at). The second day I had them make her a key, and she's been with me ever since. Reception is on the second floor, but the main elevator access is directly through the 1st level garage.

Lots of massage places within walking distance. No famous "oilies" but a few neighborhood spots with very friendly ladies (if you know them already). For those inclined, Patpong is about a seven minute walk.

I've been over to Livingstone's Lodge several times. It's always nice to see everyone there and enjoy a meal, pool in the sport bar, etc. My gig, (from Udon), really liked it, although the food was not as spicy as she likes (of course, when asked, the kitchen fixed it up nice and hot).

Back to southern Thailand tomorrow. I'm happy the airport is open as I wouldn't want to repeat the 20+ hour trip it took to get here last week.

Fifty Fifty
12-09-08, 12:43

Confirmed a damn good hotel, stayed there twice in last 3 weeks and can say it is Top Quality at a reasonable price - GF too.

Also one of the few hotels I have stayed in where they supply quality condoms in the Room Mini-Bar. Ok, the charge is 100 THB for 3, but saves popping out to the 7/11 round the corner, should one find oneself unprepared.

The Hotel is quiet and easily reached via the back lane from Soi Arab/Bumrungrad Hospital Road. You can also make use of the free Hotel Tuk-Tuk to/from Sukhumvit Road, or walk 5 mins there.

Cheers, FF

DG69
12-09-08, 19:55
What is the room rate in the president solitare?

Member #3428
12-09-08, 21:27
OK I gotta question... I stay always around Soi 8 to Soi 33... rarely have I been posted anywhere else. I've used most hotels, boutique hotels, serviced apartments in this range so I know this area very well.

I need a place NOT near Sukhumvit soi 8 to 33... Could be farther up past Thong Lo or could be off a MRT stop or such. I just need a simple hotel away from the action but I want something right near a MRT or BTS stop.

I have some business associates coming in next trip and I need something away from the normal haunts.

Terry Terrier
12-10-08, 00:03
OK I gotta question... I stay always around Soi 8 to Soi 33... rarely have I been posted anywhere else. I've used most hotels, boutique hotels, serviced apartments in this range so I know this area very well.

I need a place NOT near Sukhumvit soi 8 to 33... Could be farther up past Thong Lo or could be off a MRT stop or such. I just need a simple hotel away from the action but I want something right near a MRT or BTS stop.

I have some business associates coming in next trip and I need something away from the normal haunts.
What about the Silom area?

Member #3428
12-10-08, 00:27
What about the Silom area?

Thanks TT, how have you been? Been a while since we talked hope all is well.

Silom is fine, I just don't know any good personal recommendations on specific hotels in that area. If you know some you've stayed at that are decent please let me know.

I was hoping for something more then me picking a property off a web site without others recommendations. For sure I could go to many sites and find hotels near a MRT or BTS I just wanted fellow ISGers opinions or comments away from the Suk soi 4 to Suk Soi 33 areas.

M P Lurker
12-10-08, 01:06
OK Mick...I took the bait!

I've been staying for a week at the iResidence Hotel next to the Chong Nonsi BTS station. It's a small comfortable place that's fairly new. Great location if you like this neighborhood (I do), and about a 70 baht taxi ride over to Sukhumvit. Fifty (50) steps to the BTS elevator (so convenient -- the attached picture is the view from my room!).

If GF and daughter from Thonburi comes to stay with me and daughter has to cross the river each day to go to school, this location could be perfect for me. So thanks for the info.
I think I will try it. Previously stayed at Unico Grande Silom but this one sounds better.

M P Lurker
12-10-08, 01:23
ok i gotta question... i stay always around soi 8 to soi 33... rarely have i been posted anywhere else. i've used most hotels, boutique hotels, serviced apartments in this range so i know this area very well.

i need a place not near sukhumvit soi 8 to 33... could be farther up past thong lo or could be off a mrt stop or such. i just need a simple hotel away from the action but i want something right near a mrt or bts stop.

i have some business associates coming in next trip and i need something away from the normal haunts.
tansak,

lol, yes you might be too well known by too many girls in the soi 4 to 33 regions and never know who might see you put the news on the grape vine ;) at times a disguise might be called for (hat, dark glasses and fake beard)

fon tok's suggestion at chong nonsri bts station sounds o.k.

when i was with a previous gf, i usually used to stay in pratu nam district. i know several hotels there but not really convenient to bts

how about centrepoint at wireless or lang suan or thonglor (soi 55)? i haven't stayed at these myself.
grand tower inn (soi 55) is very close to one of your favourite spots lol.

have a look on this map
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=utf8&oe=utf8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.74197,100.563698&spn=0.049774,0.071239&z=14

Member #3428
12-10-08, 01:39
Tansak,

Fon Tok's suggestion at Chong Nonsri BTS station sounds O.K.

When I was with a previous GF, I usually used to stay in Pratu Nam district. I know several hotels there but not really convenient to BTS

How about Centrepoint at Wireless or Lang Suan or Thonglor (Soi 55)? I haven't stayed at these myself.
Grand Tower Inn (Soi 55) is very close to one of your favourite spots LOL.

Have a look on this Map
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.74197,100.563698&spn=0.049774,0.071239&z=14

Centre Point can work, very nice places, we have a contract rate with them and I've stayed at two of their properties, but I was not wanting to be near my normal haunts thank you... :D I need to keep this one totally 100% above board.

M P Lurker
12-10-08, 02:16
I need to keep this one totally 100% above board.
You mean you want to go to BKK and not play up at all? :confused:
Will you see the GF? Are you becoming a monk? ;)

Member #3428
12-10-08, 02:28
You mean you want to go to BKK and not play up at all? :confused:
Will you see the GF? Are you becoming a monk? ;)

Of course I do not want to go to BKK and not play at all. Unfortunately I HAVE to go to BKK with some others that will make it very difficult to play. These are the folks that keep sending me to BKK so I surely do not need them knowing what all I do in BKK when I'm supposed to be working. They are also older relatives of mine and in our customs... well it would be difficult let's leave it at that.

After being "seen" a few times this last trip I realized how small BKK is and with who all is coming into town for meetings I don't feel like risking them knowing too much. They could decide to send someone else to BKK and keep me at home if they think I enjoy BKK. According to the reports I submit BKK is a very boring city with nothing to do :D So for one visit I can abstain the extra activities.

Of course the TGF will know I'm in town, that one is OK, these folks (even the relatives) know about her. But they also disbelieve the number of times I get "stuck" in BKK with no way out.... Thank you PAD...

M P Lurker
12-10-08, 03:27
Centre Point can work, very nice places, we have a contract rate with them and I've stayed at two of their properties, but I was not wanting to be near my normal haunts thank you... :D I need to keep this one totally 100% above board.
Well Baiyoke Sky is an impressive Hotel (tallest with good views of the city) in PratuNam but that area is a bit prone to traffic jams (just like Sukhumvit)
Grand Diamond and Centerpoint in Petchaburi Road are close to Phanthip Plaza but a fair walk to the BTS Ratchathewi station (> 5 mins).
Maybe you want to consider one of the riverside Hotels not to far from last BTS stop Saphan Taksin.

Flyhere
12-10-08, 03:52
Of course I do not want to go to BKK and not play at all. Unfortunately I HAVE to go to BKK with some others that will make it very difficult to play. These are the folks that keep sending me to BKK so I surely do not need them knowing what all I do in BKK when I'm supposed to be working. They are also older relatives of mine and in our customs... well it would be difficult let's leave it at that. ...
Well, BKK may not be a small city, but with only 2 BTS lines, one MRT line, and one sukhumvit stretch, you are bound to be seen. Hell even I bumped into you near Asok BTS that night.

I have no direct experience with BKK hotels, but would offer some thoughts:

- how about searching the forum for notes on non-GF hotels and stay in one, that would make it pretty boring for you and your travel party.

- stay at a hotel popular with the farang business crowd, there will be a large number of older farang women accompanying their hubby, or business women on their own. They will do the ususal drinking and eating, and wandering through the streets, and surely people know about the bars, just that you look from time to time but don't drink so never go there.

My farang co-workers always stay at the JW Marriott (soi 2 I believe) and they are straight lace as can be, the most they do for excitement in BKK is having a drink at one of the pubs nearby. The Landmark hotel is next door.

- Fon Tok's suggestion about Silom is good I think. You are near Sala Daeng BTS and Silom MRT. There are a couple of hotels on Sathorn also.

- Not on the MRT or BTS line (your requirement) is a dead dead place in a dead residential area, Oakwood City Residence on Narathiwas 24. They have a free shuttle running to Chon Nonsri BTS. They have one tower running as a hotel (the rest is long stay), with lots of tour groups (Europeans and golfing Japanese and Taiwanese) staying there for a week or less.

The only thing is it's full of annoying long-stay Indian sub-contractors and family, many of whom have never been outside India before (I have Indian friends, but when there are too many of them together in one place, they get annoyingly loud).

fly

PS. Mick Licker and Tansak in dark glasses and hat disguise seen walking down Sukhumvit.

El Greco
12-10-08, 04:26

http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/royal-garden/

Marriott Royal Garden Riverside Bangkok
257/1-3 Charoen Nakorn Road
Bangkok 10600

Couldn't find their website. I have been staying there for many years. On the other side of the river about 80-100 baht to Patpong. They also have a free boat ride to the skytrain every 30min. Nice experience.

Huge swimming pool and some nice restaurants in the hotel and a small mall within the grounds with more options. Also a nice boat ride with dinner.

Check it out. Even a soapie 5min taxi drive nearby.

Corporate rates are much lower.

Jdbkk555
12-10-08, 06:27
"I need a place NOT near Sukhumvit soi 8 to 33... Could be farther up past Thong Lo or could be off a MRT stop or such. I just need a simple hotel away from the action but I want something right near a MRT or BTS stop. "

I have this very situations one or two trips a year myself. Your thoughts about being close to BTS/MRT is spot on. They make for a fast get away.

My typical lodging preferences when packing business partners or family.

By the river, where the BTS end of the line is, Saphan Thaksin there are a good cluster of hotels. A nice Centerpoint there, near the Robinson. I typically stay at the Shangri La, and the Marriott across the river is nice too. That part of town is far from where you'd likely run into any of the friends you've accumulated during your normal routine.

Closer in, yet still near MRT/BTS access points. There is a Frasier service apartments on Lang Suan and another on Sathorn. Both are quite GF unfriendly, reek of business or family and are safely far from unsightly locations. Both are an easy 5 min walk to BTS.

I typically stay from Suk when packing collegues/family simply because it's too tempting, too close to trouble, even the drive to the hotel tells you a lot about what's going on there. Appearances are most of the game. Keep your guests focused on business, typical tourist spots, and the cleaner side of BKK and they'll never know what goes on when you are there alone.

JD

Member #3428
12-10-08, 07:41

Bangkok 10600

Thanks... heard they are trying to give reduced rates also now...

M P Lurker
12-10-08, 14:53
PS. Mick Licker and Tansak in dark glasses and hat disguise seen walking down Sukhumvit.
Tansak's the one who looks like Nicholas Cage and I am the one who looks like Tom Cruise LOL (I wish) but much taller.

Retired Army
12-10-08, 16:26

Bangkok 10600

Couldn't find their website. I have been staying there for many years. On the other side of the river about 80-100 baht to Patpong. They also have a free boat ride to the skytrain every 30min. Nice experience.

Huge swimming pool and some nice restaurants in the hotel and a small mall within the grounds with more options. Also a nice boat ride with dinner.

Check it out. Even a soapie 5min taxi drive nearby.

Corporate rates are much lower.

Just go to Marriott.com and you can book from there.

Luvnlife1970
12-11-08, 06:17
GF yes, modern yes, close to Suk (Right on the SuK!). Stayed in OCT '08 Booked as double and had no problems, GF was also able to come and go with no problems (with or without me). Only problem I had was WIFI was not always available....

Luvnlife1970
12-11-08, 06:21
Anyone know if GF, how far down the Soi is this? Current Rate Baht 1560 tuff to pass up.

John Euro
12-12-08, 15:35
GF yes, Booked as double and had no problems, GF was also able to come and go with no problems (with or without me). Only problem I had was WIFI was not always available....Have been staying in S15 also, good location close to the action, easy coming and going with a guest, have seen a lot of guy’s going in and out with a Thai GF wo questions from the staff since I have spend a lot of time in the lobby due to bad internet connection in the room, as you said, WIFI there is not consistent, works only in aisles and mainly in the lobby, rates are also ok.

I experienced a small disadvantage, there is no pool and if you travel with your partner or wife its always nice to escape for a few hours and leave here at the pool, it did not work in my case that time. They told me the group had build a new hotel a few blocks away and this must be Sachas Uno at Soi 19 as mentioned by Acerboy few weeks ago, as I can judge from the website, the design and interior looks similar to S15, will check it out shortly when back in town.

JE

Fifty Fifty
12-15-08, 04:40
What is the room rate in the president solitare?

Room Rates are posted on the Hotel Website www.presidentsolitaire.com, however in BKK things may be 'negotiable' given the present economic climate - I intend to give it a go as a 'returning customer' and see.

BTW Platinum and Solitaire Suites are around 80 m3, huge if you feel like impressing a Nana Babe or two :)

Cheers, FF

NicFrenchy
12-15-08, 10:19
Wow, The LUXURY hotel on Soi 19 has "transit" rates: 2 hours = 500thb
Very clean, great facilities! a great hotel for ST

http://www.luxurybkk.com/lodging.php

Fon Tok
12-15-08, 11:54
Wow, The LUXURY hotel on Soi 19 has "transit" rates: 2 hours = 500thb Very clean, great facilities! a great hotel for ST...http://www.luxurybkk.com/lodging.php
Same location as the massage shop, I assume.

Do you have recommendations for a good "massage" service provider?

Blair
12-15-08, 12:59
I've had some good rates from wotif (www.wotif.com) for this one. Concur about the suites, can be great value. Hotel is totally GF, though security will sometimes ask for ID.

Room Rates are posted on the Hotel Website www.presidentsolitaire.com, however in BKK things may be 'negotiable' given the present economic climate - I intend to give it a go as a 'returning customer' and see.

BTW Platinum and Solitaire Suites are around 80 m3, huge if you feel like impressing a Nana Babe or two :)

Cheers, FF

Acerboy
12-15-08, 17:04

Cheers, FFif you do get a good rate let me know. I plan to be there for 3 days this week, 17-20th Dec. The rates on wotif.com seems the best plus the latestay rates which are the same as wotif. I'm planning to write them an email tomorrow and see if I can better rates. Things should be negotiable right now.;)

Update - just got feedback. The hotel is willing to match the rates on the net, Bhat3,1999

Asian Flava
12-15-08, 18:33
Hi Guys,

Counting down the days to my trip to BKK in about a month. Can't wait to combine work and pleasure! Have already booked a hotel in Suk area but need to be closer to the subway station at Asoke instead of down a soi. Has anyone had experience in FuramaXclusive Asoke (not to be confused with the FuramaXclusive Sukhumvit)? I believe it is just up the street from the subway station and conveniently close to Soi Cowboy. Can get a good internet rate but wanted to make sure it's GF friendly. Will definitely be bringing back some girls and don't want any hassles.

Thanks.

AF

PS have tried to seach but h ave a problem with that function since I use a proxy

NicFrenchy
12-16-08, 06:12
Hotel is totally GF, though security will sometimes ask for ID.

They must ask for ID, this is for your protection ;)

Fifty Fifty
12-16-08, 12:55
if you do get a good rate let me know. I plan to be there for 3 days this week, 17-20th Dec. The rates on wotif.com seems the best plus the latestay rates which are the same as wotif. I'm planning to write them an email tomorrow and see if I can better rates. Things should be negotiable right now.;)

Update - just got feedback. The hotel is willing to match the rates on the net, Bhat3,1999

Rates on net, Wotif, Asiatravel etc are exactly the same as on the Hotel Website. I intend to negotiate downwards :) directly with the Hotel and see what gives, however for standards, style and service a Platinum Suite takes some beating at 4200 THB all in.

Cheers, FF

Carebear
12-16-08, 15:32
Hi,

Anybody tried Royal President before?

Acerboy
12-16-08, 16:55
Rates on net, Wotif, Asiatravel etc are exactly the same as on the Hotel Website. I intend to negotiate downwards :) directly with the Hotel and see what gives, however for standards, style and service a Platinum Suite takes some beating at 4200 THB all in.

Cheers, FFWell good luck bro. The rate I quoted was for the Premium Suite at Bhat3,199 which was lower than their website. Hope you do better and spend money on the chicks. Everything is on sale right now in LOS.

Mrhelmethead
12-16-08, 20:41
Want to stay out of the thick of things min January. Have searched and not found reports of GF for Omni or Iresidence. Any reports appreciated.

Mrhelmethead
12-17-08, 01:15
Have searched but can't find if these 2 hotels are GF.

Any help would be appreciated.

M P Lurker
12-17-08, 03:20
Want to stay out of the thick of things min January. Have searched and not found reports of GF for Omni or Iresidence. Any reports appreciated.
Thick of what? Sukhumvit Soi 4 is quite thick with people at the Soi entrance, including ladyboys at night.

Tourism is well depleted (below normal) and these Hotels are near mongering areas (Nana and Silom) and you want to take girl back to your room. So its not clear exactly what you are trying to avoid or what you want to be near.

I might stay in I Residence myself Jan as convenient to someone I know and to BTS.

Haven't stayed at either before but Fon Tok, I think, reported on I Residence.

In fact a quick search for
iresidence
returned this post:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=822336&postcount=654

Mrhelmethead
12-17-08, 05:37
After reading many hundreds of posts regarding hotels and streets, things are quite confusing still. Like is Omni GF. I'm sure these ladyboys won't cause a problem, but is that who that hotel caters to?

And the 1 report that I had seen about the I Residence doesn't necessarely confirm that ladies are welcomed. That looks like a good area to stay in from what I have gathered.

Fon Tok
12-17-08, 05:41
...I might stay in I Residence myself Jan as convenient to someone I know and to BTS. Haven't stayed at either before but Fon Tok, I think, reported on I Residence. In fact a quick search for "iresidence" returned this post: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/foru/showpost.php?p=822336&postcount=654
I did stay at the Silom i Residence and found it to be to my liking. It is a low-key place that feels more like an apartment than a hotel. Here's the link to their website: http://iresidence.bangkokpropertyrental.com/

I paid about 2000 baht for a junior suite. I also previously stayed in a superior room and it was fine. There's a rooftop bar with a 2 for 1 Happy Hour. I'll be staying there in a few days, and then again in Jan. I found very good prices on RatesToGo.com.

A few things to note to be objective: the bathrooms are a little small (only showers) and the toiletries are fairly basic (but complete). The rooms on the Narathiwas side can be a little noisy at times. Also, they don't have blackout curtains, so bring an eye mask if you like to sleep late and earplugs if a little noise bothers you (it's not bad, though, just Bangkok).

I know this area well because I had an apartment here for the past couple of years. There's a lot to like about this neighborhood, although it does not all meet the eye. You have to get to know it a bit. The Chong Nonsi BTS convenience is tops. There are also lots of very good places to eat, a good dental clinic (Silom Dental on Narathiwas), BNH Hospital is a short walk, and Silom Rd. is close by.

In terms of girl-friendly, the elevator entry is just below street level in the parking area so you only pass the parking/security person on the way in. They were very friendly and always smiled. I only brought one woman home (every night for a week), so I don't know if different girls would cause them to take notice. I doubt it.

If i Residence doesn't work out, right across the street is a brand new Heritage Hotel. I am curious to read a review of this hotel because it looks nice, too.

Other good hotels/serviced apartments in this area include: Hotel Silom Serene, FuramaX (formally Unico Grand Sathorn), Om Yim Guesthouse, Oasis Apartments (great pool and good rates for long stay), and on Silom Rd. -- Sofitel Silom, Unico Silom, Narai Hotel, Triple Two Hotel.

M P Lurker
12-17-08, 07:47
Other good hotels/serviced apartments in this area include: Hotel Silom Serene, FuramaX (formally Unico Grand Sathorn), Om Yim Guesthouse, Oasis Apartments (great pool and good rates for long stay), and on Silom Rd. -- Sofitel Silom, Unico Silom, Narai Hotel, Triple Two Hotel.
I believe many Unico Hotels are renamed to FuramaXclusive

Xerus
12-17-08, 09:55
I am looking for a reasonably priced 3 rooms service apartment / condo for a short stay for a short family stay in Bangkok , preferably near BTS early next year . Can the honorable seniors give some leads for me to check further ? Really appreciate any suggestions ? Thanks

Xerus

NicFrenchy
12-17-08, 12:14
I am looking for a reasonably priced 3 rooms service apartment / condo for a short stay for a short family stay in Bangkok , preferably near BTS early next year . Can the honorable seniors give some leads for me to check further ? Really appreciate any suggestions ? Thanks

Xerus

http://www.sabaai.com/bangkok-serviced-apartments.php

This should help you

Member #3428
12-17-08, 20:36

Xerus

The only two properties I know of that offer three rooms were Centre Point and Bliston. Many serviced apartments offer two bedrooms but three is not as common from my experience but I'm mostly staying between MBK and Nana on Sukhumvit so that really limits what properties I view.

Bliston is not too far from a BTS, Chidlom, so you are near things. It is acceptable. Centre Point has some nice properties but only 2 baths in the 3 bedroom I think, one in the hall and one off the main bedroom and single bed's in two rooms. That wouldn't cut it for me so look carefully. ;) I just viewed some of Centre Point properties a few weeks ago.

The Bliston had over 220 sq meter for the 3 bedroom and Centre Point 3 bedroom was 120 sq meter the same size as a two bedroom which made the 3 bedroom cramped in the living and dining areas. The Centre Point was not what I would call a real 3 bedroom... I like their rooms at Center Point properties but I don't like their three bedroom's.

So the only one I could comment for you to look at is Bliston given your request to be near a BTS, it is centrally located, and is a decent place.

http://www.blistonresidence.com/

http://www.centrepoint.com/

I"m sure other members know much more then me.

Burnout
12-19-08, 13:40
I will be in bangkok from 12-15 Jan. Can any brother recommend a hotel near to Victoria's Secret? Preferably with WIFI and up to THB2000. This would be my second time there so i'm quite lost in Bangkok.

Tried to look for a hotel on the web but really had no idea which area VS is in.

M P Lurker
12-19-08, 14:59
I will be in bangkok from 12-15 Jan. Can any brother recommend a hotel near to Victoria's Secret? Preferably with WIFI and up to THB2000. This would be my second time there so i'm quite lost in Bangkok.

Tried to look for a hotel on the web but really had no idea which area VS is in.

Nearby Hotels (in order of distance):
Royal Pacific (long walking distance) Agoda says this is very basic 1K Baht for Thais no internet and little English spoken.
Max
Radisson (recommended)

This Map shows Victoria Secret Soapy MP.
I know one girl who works there.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Royal+Pacific+Hotel+Bangkok&sll=13.780235,100.587473&sspn=0.063937,0.110035&gl=au&ie=UTF8&ll=13.756601,100.587602&spn=0.031972,0.055017&z=15

VS is dark blue thumbtack above rama 9 expressway in Soi 13.

Out of curiosity, do you have a reason for being close to VS? There are other good soapies.
The VS lineup has not so many girls mostly.
Nearby is La Defense, Catherine, Colonze 1, Colonze 4, Longbeach, Amsterdam, etc.

Flyhere
12-19-08, 16:35

Xerus
Not sure what reasonably priced means.

Google is your friend. A quick search will give you (3-bedroom):
- Oakwood city residence, Narathiwas 24, near Chong Nonsri BTS but not walking distance, free shuttle.
- Narathiwas Residence, same area as Oakwood
- CNC residence, Sukhumvit 33, walking distance to Phrom Phong BTS
- Somerset Park Suanplu, Silom area, near BTS and MRT
- plus a few others...

Burnout
12-19-08, 17:45
Nearby Hotels (in order of distance):
Royal Pacific (long walking distance) Agoda says this is very basic 1K Baht for Thais no internet and little English spoken.
Max
Radisson (recommended)

This Map shows Victoria Secret Soapy MP.
I know one girl who works there.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Royal+Pacific+Hotel+Bangkok&sll=13.780235,100.587473&sspn=0.063937,0.110035&gl=au&ie=UTF8&ll=13.756601,100.587602&spn=0.031972,0.055017&z=15

VS is dark blue thumbtack above rama 9 expressway in Soi 13.

Out of curiosity, do you have a reason for being close to VS? There are other good soapies.
The VS lineup has not so many girls mostly.
Nearby is La Defense, Catherine, Colonze 1, Colonze 4, Longbeach, Amsterdam, etc.
Thanks for the quick reply Mick. Actually i intend to see a girl at VS. So i need to find a hotel near there. Radisson is the better of the 2 hotel? I will try to find more info from there. Really appreciate your help.

Artisttyp
12-19-08, 21:01
I have been doing alot of research and I would like to pose a general question to the forum.

Would you say that staying in a hotel valued at under $40/45 per night(sukhumvit area) would or would not be recommended in bangkok ?

I have been reading reviews on trip advisor with words like moldy smelly roaches etc. to describe their experiences in low end hotels. Are these finicky "normal" tourists that don't appreciate an average place or would others on the thread agree?

I would need a working AC and a mini bar/fridge. I could do without an in room safe but would prefer one.

The same goes for pattaya.

Thank you and happy holidays to everybody.

LittleBigMan
12-20-08, 00:48
Artisttyp,

Like women everyone has different taste. I usually stay in the Nana area Soi 4, and stay at the Nana Hotel. The cost is 1490, you get a newspaper ( 30 baht and a buffet breakfast 185 baht ) in dollars that is around 42-45, lots of people wouldn't bother but I have never experience any roaches or ants. If I did I would have moved like a place I used to stay down Soi 4, Nana City Inn was only 850 Baht, but it went down hill. Rooms were filled with smoke and roaches it went downhill and I upgraded to Nana Hotel. No mini bar only provide water in Frig is what I like anyway. And no in room safe, safe deposit boxes in lobby. A/C always good, no dripping, but always too cold for me.

Now if you want something in between. Try Giotto place starts I believe around 1850 baht and up. Nice place to start out.. Not pushing his place but I have visited and it's a good situation. See his link....

In Pattaya, give Carlton Pattaya a visit, price has gone up 700 baht, good swimming pool, great location, has mini-bar, room safe, restaurant, salon, Internet. If noise doesn't bother you too much and want to be near the pool ask for a room floor level outside the pool. I like rooms that aren't carpet but tile floors. Soi 5, near Big C and Second Rd..

Good luck, LBM

NicFrenchy
12-20-08, 01:48
I have been reading reviews on trip advisor with words like moldy smelly roaches etc. to describe their experiences in low end hotels. Are these finicky "normal" tourists that don't appreciate an average place or would others on the thread agree?

Look, for $40 don't expect to walk in the Ritz. You get what you pay for.

For me, minimum comfort is at least a 4 star hotel, with TV, Wifi, Spacious Bathroom and all the regular amenities (newspapers, fruits in room, toiletries). I usually stay at Hyatt or Marriott (company pays so I don't care) and it costs about 3,500 to 5,000 per night.

Artisttyp
12-20-08, 02:33
I get the general idea thank you. I am used to south american standards which are pretty decent if you can deal with somewhat dodgy neighborhoods.

Thanks Again.

NicFrenchy
12-20-08, 06:25
I get the general idea thank you. I am used to south american standards which are pretty decent if you can deal with somewhat dodgy neighborhoods.

Thanks Again.

Look, $40 is about 1,400 thb and you can get something VERY decent for that on sukhumvit.

Goyave
12-20-08, 06:39
I have been doing alot of research and I would like to pose a general question to the forum.

Would you say that staying in a hotel valued at under $40/45 per night(sukhumvit area) would or would not be recommended in bangkok ?

I would need a working AC and a mini bar/fridge. I could do without an in room safe but would prefer one.

The same goes for pattaya.

Thank you and happy holidays to everybody.Well, I'm usually perfectly satisfied with hotels in the 700-1200 baht (approximately $20-35) range per night in Pattaya and 900-1500 (around $25-45) baht per night in Bangkok. I have more or less the same requirements than yours if you add a good location and "girl friendly" to your criteria. Not as luxurious as 4 or 5-star hotels, but there are plenty of very decent 3-star hotels in both towns.

M P Lurker
12-20-08, 06:41
Look, $40 is about 1,400 thb and you can get something VERY decent for that on sukhumvit.
For example, Nic?
Is "VERY decent" a euphemism for "barely tolerable"?
I wouldn't normally go that low because I want free good internet connection at the very least.
Grand Business Inn was 1800 last time with free internet, but no swimming pool, noisy, and beds too hard.
The Majestic Suites is a very good cheap option but usually booked out.

Perhaps City Lodge, Everrich, Stable Lodge, Ruamchit Plaza, Dynasty Inn, or the infamous Nana Hotel can sneak into 1400 Baht bracket. I have only ever tried Dynasty and Nana Hotel which were just acceptable.

Its hard to beat Livingstones Lodge at 1800 plus taxes (around 2000) including free internet, swimming pool, breakfast, and very comfortable beds, unless your requirements are very basic indeed.

Member #3428
12-20-08, 07:08
Perhaps City Lodge, Everrich, Stable Lodge, Dynasty Inn, Ruamchit Plaza, or the infamous Nana Hotel can sneak into 1400 Baht bracket.

FWIW IMHO Stable Lodge would not make the decent list let alone Very Decent... Majestic and Dynasty could make into my book as decent but sometimes hard to get a good room and it's been a while since I've stayed there so have no recent knowledge (within the last year).

In your classification listing.. I'll agree Livingstones has comfortable beds, is quiet, clean, and the wifi was strong and fast for Thai standards. But WTF... everyone knows I enjoy LL but it's still a place I'd look at and recommend to folks.

There is also a HUGE difference between 1400 baht and 2500 baht in terms of room size / type / location etc... For 2600 baht a night I got a serviced apartment (one bedroom, dining room, living room, separate work area, patio, full kitchen, washer / dryer) with internet included at one of the Compass Hospitalities properties in BKK.

Tiger 888
12-20-08, 11:39
For example, Nic?
I wouldn't normally go that low because I want free good internet connection at the very least.
Grand Business Inn was 1800 last time with free internet, but no swimming pool, noisy, and beds too hard.
The Majestic Suites is a very good cheap option but usually booked out.

Perhaps City Lodge, Everrich, Stable Lodge, Ruamchit Plaza, Dynasty Inn, or the infamous Nana Hotel can sneak into 1400 Baht bracket. I have only ever tried Dynasty and Nana Hotel which were just acceptable.

Its hard to beat Livingstones Lodge at 1800 plus taxes (around 2000) including free internet, swimming pool, breakfast, and very comfortable beds, unless your requirements are very basic indeed.
I call Queen Lotus Guest House opposite Drop Inn in the small soi between soi 18 and 20 very decent. As well as Baan Sukhumvit in the same soi. Both go for 1400 incl. breakfast and are GF. I have never stayed at Baan Sukh, but I know Queen Lotus has a good Wifi in the room.

M P Lurker
12-20-08, 12:42
I call Queen Lotus Guest House opposite Drop Inn in the small soi between soi 18 and 20 very decent. As well as Baan Sukhumvit in the same soi. Both go for 1400 incl. breakfast and are GF. I have never stayed at Baan Sukh, but I know Queen Lotus has a good Wifi in the room.
Well I like a specific recommendation like that. FREE wifi! and close to the MRT so I can get to all my favourite Soapies.

Added to Sukhumvit hotels Map (yellow thumb tack near Soi 20):
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.734112,100.563097&spn=0.015487,0.015385&z=16

Fon Tok
12-20-08, 12:47
I did stay at the Silom i Residence and found it to be to my liking. It is a low-key place that feels more like an apartment than a hotel. Here's the link to their website: http://iresidence.bangkokpropertyrental.com/
I paid about 2000 baht for a junior suite. I also previously stayed in a superior room and it was fine. There's a rooftop bar with a 2 for 1 Happy Hour. I'll be staying there in a few days, and then again in Jan. I found very good prices on RatesToGo.com.

A few things to note to be objective: the bathrooms are a little small (only showers) and the toiletries are fairly basic (but complete). The rooms on the Narathiwas side can be a little noisy at times. Also, they don't have blackout curtains, so bring an eye mask if you like to sleep late and earplugs if a little noise bothers you (it's not bad, though, just Bangkok).

In terms of girl-friendly, the elevator entry is just below street level in the parking area so you only pass the parking/security person on the way in. They were very friendly and always smiled. I only brought one woman home (every night for a week), so I don't know if different girls would cause them to take notice. I doubt it...
I'm back at this hotel again and there's a couple of updates I'd like to add:

-- came in late last night with my girl and she was asked for an ID. I told the parking/door guy she was "with me" and that was enough. Nice to know they do check, though.
-- it is pretty noisy on the street sides. Definitely ask for a "back" room if noise bothers you.
-- the walls are thin. There's a screamer (and he's a guy) in the next room!

Other than that. It's not a bad deal for a jr. suite (2000 baht) if you like this neighborhood.

NicFrenchy
12-20-08, 17:02
For example, Nic?

Well for example, The Key had a promo a while ago (I think it still stands) and they are located just opposite Luxury hotel (an dmassage)

S15 also was in that price bracket

I also would not go to these places, I like the Davis style hotels (price about 4,000)

Artisttyp
12-20-08, 17:38
I'll agree Livingstones has comfortable beds, is quiet, clean, and the wifi was strong and fast for Thai standards. But WTF... everyone knows I enjoy LL but it's still a place I'd look at and recommend to folks.

I did some research on livingstones and most reviews were rather decent. The issue that kept coming up was noise. Apparently there is a disco or bar right on the premises and if you are unlucky enough to get a room next to the action you will not be sleeping well...true/false ? Another post on this thread mentioned a huge construction project going on.

You have all provided some great responses thank you again. I won't be getting there until the beginning of may. There should be better rates at that point.

Giotto
12-20-08, 19:05
I did some research on livingstones and most reviews were rather decent. The issue that kept coming up was noise. Apparently there is a disco or bar right on the premises and if you are unlucky enough to get a room next to the action you will not be sleeping well...true/false ? Another post on this thread mentioned a huge construction project going on.
Artisttyp,

Noise: There is a bar on our premises, and 2 rooms are dirctly above it. When we started the business up I was worried about the noise issue, too and slept in both rooms for many days.

I did not hear any music/bar noise due to the massive concrete ceiling / floor between bar and rooms - but I heard the clicking of the pool balls (pool table)...really true.

Now - the bar closes usually at 1 am - and if a customer is really sensitive to that kind of noise we have rooms in other areas.

Construction: There is one smaller construction project quite close to one tract of Livingstone's. Another huge construction site is visible, but not too close. Noise is there during day time, but we had no complains up to now. Work usually stops at 10 / 11 pm.

Giotto
www.livingstones.co.th

Artisttyp
12-20-08, 20:04
Artisttyp,

Noise: There is a bar on our premises, and 2 rooms are dirctly above it. When we started the business up I was worried about the noise issue, too and slept in both rooms for many days.

I did not hear any music/bar noise due to the massive concrete ceiling / floor between bar and rooms - but I heard the clicking of the pool balls (pool table)...really true.

Now - the bar closes usually at 1 am - and if a customer is really sensitive to that kind of noise we have rooms in other areas.

Construction: There is one smaller construction project quite close to one tract of Livingstone's. Another huge construction site is visible, but not too close. Noise is there during day time, but we had no complains up to now. Work usually stops at 10 / 11 pm.

Giotto
www.livingstones.co.th

Thank you for clearing this up.

M P Lurker
12-21-08, 14:07
S15 also was in that price bracket

I have stayed at S15 and was well over 2k at that time.
But perhaps if places get desperate could be super specials.

Good standard but no pool.

Think I heard a rumour that the Key was not GF or some other problems. Have seen about 1600 for this one.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=690283&postcount=16

Looks like the guy mean't it was a problem to take 2 girls?
Its not quite clear.

Theant
12-21-08, 20:59
I have stayed at S15 and was well over 2k at that time.
But perhaps if places get desperate could be super specials.

Good standard but no pool.

Think I heard a rumour that the Key was not GF or some other problems. Have seen about 1600 for this one.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=690283&postcount=16

Its not quite clear.The Key is guest friendly but room max occupancy is 2 people.

NicFrenchy
12-22-08, 01:37
Its not quite clear.

Whenever you are stuck in a hotel, ask for the manager. Play the angry Farang and ask them to check-out. You will be surprised how many will see things your way from that moment on... On the other hand... they could tell you to go to hell and you would be sitting in the street with 2 girls, your suitcase and no room ... :D

M P Lurker
12-22-08, 08:33
The Key is guest friendly but room max occupancy is 2 people.
Shit, no sex parties! what a bummer!
Not a problem at Livingstone's lodge where a room is a room is a room.
I have taken more than one girl quite a few times and another mate on the ISG has claimed organising a veritable orgy (not sure sure how many girls).
There is only so many times I can cope with changing condoms :D

Even in Baiyoke Sky we had 3 in the room. My GF and her LB brother/sister were getting very drunk too when I arrived back at the room after playing up at Tulip when officially doing something else.

Escort Fan
12-22-08, 10:13
There is barely anyone in BKK these days, from Landmark terrasse I could see the JW Marriot, the Sofitel Grand Shukumvit, and the Majestic Grande, very few rooms were lit at 8PM. I believe the occupancy rate must be at 10 or 20% MAX.

I would advise people coming to BKK not to prepay their room on hotels.com or smilar but rather negociate 1 to 1 with each hotel. For example landmark seems to have a promo of buy one get one on their website. Probably others too.

More than ever neogicating seems to be the keyword, and more than ever customer is KING.

MailOrderCondoms
12-22-08, 12:12
...There is only so many times I can cope with changing condoms...If you are the only guy between the girls, why not use female condoms. Saves you the hazzle of changing.

John Euro
12-22-08, 17:13
As mentioned in other parts of this LOS forum, BKK is very quit now and hotels are empty. I was searching for room rates in the SUK area 5 weeks ago but due to the recent problems at BBK airport etc I postponed my trip and business for arriving mid January, room rates for around the year end are always higher but now offered with big discount.

When I look now at the same agents there websites as before, there is a tremendous drop in pricing, the hotels there own sites does not change it immediately but mainly good deals to find now at internet companies, example:

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok.html ( and other ones )

JE

Washburn
12-23-08, 19:09
Anybody ever stay at Park Plaza Sukhumvit? They've emailed me that they don't charge a joiner fee. It seems like a well-located hotel.

Also, concerning the Landmark 1 for 1 deal (I guess that would be every second night free), they have a deal on expedia for your 3rd night free, but only one free night. Anyone have any luck getting the 1 for 1 deal?

I can say that inquiring online for a January booking I haven't had any success getting a bargain, just the usual discounts, and the booking sites, Expedia, Hoteltravel, Hotelclub, Asiarooms, Latestays etc. haven't been much better.

Usually, it's far better to book online in advance especially with 4 and 5 star hotels. Has anybody really gotten a better deal in person lately?

I'm getting doubtful that the hotels are going to be aggressively cutting their rates in the wake of this slowdown.

Flyhere
12-24-08, 01:03
...Also, concerning the Landmark 1 for 1 deal (I guess that would be every second night free), they have a deal on expedia for your 3rd night free, but only one free night. Anyone have any luck getting the 1 for 1 deal?....
Many hotels are having promotions as things are super slow right now. Usually occupancy is 85% to full-house this time of the year, it's 10% to 35% max right now if they are lucky. 1-for-1 free night or 3-nights-for-the price-of-2 are two common promotions. Check the hotel websites or call the hotel directly. Sometimes, even when nothing is published, just email reservation and ask will get you a discount.

NicFrenchy
12-24-08, 01:43
Many hotels are having promotions as things are super slow right now. Usually occupancy is 85% to full-house this time of the year, it's 10% to 35% max right now if they are lucky. 1-for-1 free night or 3-nights-for-the price-of-2 are two common promotions. Check the hotel websites or call the hotel directly. Sometimes, even when nothing is published, just email reservation and ask will get you a discount.

Yes, that is correct, however, they sadly have no promotions for ST customers :D

Wandere
12-24-08, 11:40
Anyone please give me the name of service apartment cum hotel after Ambassador hotel, in the same lane but prior to Le fenix.

Thanks

Flyhere
12-24-08, 13:33
Yes, that is correct, however, they sadly have no promotions for ST customers :D
May be they know for ST customers, they already have you by the balls ;)

Washburn
12-24-08, 20:37

There's nothing much on hotel websites. They seem to be sticking to their standard internet rates. I thought the Oriental Hotel might offer a discount that would justify staying there, but under their special deals, or whatever they call it, they have "no rooms available." You'd think the hotels were booked solid.

I'll take your suggestion and try contacting a few more.

Ivanba
12-25-08, 03:34
I'm planning a visit in February and considering a combination of the Sukothai, Conrad, Metropolitan, or Four Seasons.

From what I can tell there's no problem taking a lady friend into these places but what about two lady friends?

Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Ivanba
12-25-08, 03:38
I'm considering the Pullman for a February visit. My main concern is location. Has anyone stayed here? How close to the train/subway lines is it? Is it in a worst than usual location for street traffic?

I assume that is is girl friendly. What about two?

Thanks.

Mrhelmethead
12-26-08, 20:55
Fon Tok,

(Other than that. It's not a bad deal for a jr. suite (2000 baht) if you like this neighborhood. )

I have reservations on 1/20-25 here but 2000 was for Deluxe room.

Where did you find jr. suite for that price?

Old Mean Dog
12-27-08, 05:49
I really enjoyed the Check Inn Hotel. Staff was very helpful, WIFI in room and free wired computers in the lobby for use. Standard breakfast included with room. Setup for longer stays as they have washing machines/dryers for rental and each room has a small kitchen in it. Best of all, not really far from the action and 1,800 or less a night.

http://www.checkinnonline.com/index.html

-CPE

M P Lurker
12-27-08, 07:25
I'm considering the Pullman for a February visit. My main concern is location. Has anyone stayed here? How close to the train/subway lines is it? Is it in a worst than usual location for street traffic?

I assume that is is girl friendly. What about two?

Thanks.
This place is in Soi Rang Nam, Pratunam district (I used have an apartment in that district).

Its easy to search for on Google Maps, where you can see its only 300m from Victory Monument BTS Station (Anusawari Chaisamoraphuum).
Its not that far from J One Soapy Massage Parlour (which I don't recommend).

The nearest main road Phayathai does have bad traffic jams during the day, so use the BTS (skytrain). Can use motorcycle taxi for short trips like to Phanthip Computer Plaza.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pullman+Kingpower+Bangkok&sll=13.738801,100.556831&sspn=0.011923,0.017681&gl=au&ie=UTF8&ll=13.760666,100.538292&spn=0.005961,0.008841&z=17

The close cluster of pins are correct, the others are wrong positions.

Fon Tok
12-27-08, 09:50
Fon Tok, (Other than that. It's not a bad deal for a jr. suite (2000 baht) if you like this neighborhood. )...I have reservations on 1/20-25 here but 2000 was for Deluxe room. Where did you find jr. suite for that price?
I found the (2085 baht/n) rate for the jr. suite back in early December at: http://www.ratestogo.com/. It was right after the airport re-opened and everything was going very cheap that week.

I just checked the website for mid-January and the suite is now $100us/n, or about 3300 baht. The deluxe room is not much smaller than the jr. suite. Just request a room in the rear of the building as the front side is noisy. At 1800 baht it is a good deal. The website has this room at $55, but I think they add a small fee when you book. Lately I've stayed there a few more times and they've honored the same rate. I make the new reservation while I am there (and request the rate).

I always check a couple of other hotel websites to compare, but I know Bangkok fairly well and have stayed in a lot of different hotels. Prices do vary on these websites by the date, the number of nights, how close you book to the first night, etc. Some have breakfast, some do not, etc., etc.

If you've never stayed at Livingstone's Lodge I'd recommend that, too, but the checkout bill can add up, especially if you eat at the restaurant (btw, very good food), drink at the bar, and then take a girl from their bar (which has some sexy girls right now). LL is still my favorite place to stay if I'm in town on a solo hunting trip. Lately, I've had a girl (gik) in tow (not my GF), so an out of the way hotel is better for me as there are eyes everywhere in Bangkok!

Have a fun time. Don't be too critical if you're on your first trip. It's Thailand and things often have their own flow. It's easier to learn to just go with it.

Giotto
12-27-08, 11:21
If you've never stayed at Livingstone's Lodge I'd recommend that, too, but the checkout bill can add up, especially if you eat at the restaurant (btw, very good food), drink at the bar, and then take a girl from their bar (which has some sexy girls right now). LL is still my favorite place to stay if I'm in town on a solo hunting trip. Lately, I've had a girl (gik) in tow (not my GF), so an out of the way hotel is better for me as there are eyes everywhere in Bangkok!
Fon Tok,

LOL - sounds somehow good to me :) . Livingstone's customers suffer obviously a lot, eating good food, drinking at the bar and taking girls out.

Btw., we have our New Year Party again this year (31.12.2008), ending as staff party ... :) . Whoever is in town is invited to participate :) .

Giotto
www.livingstones.co.th

Fon Tok
12-27-08, 12:11
Fon Tok, LOL - sounds somehow good to me :) . Livingstone's customers suffer obviously a lot, eating good food, drinking at the bar and taking girls out. Btw., we have our New Year Party again this year (31.12.2008), ending as staff party ... :) . Whoever is in town is invited to participate :) .Giotto www.livingstones.co.th
Now that Terry Terrier is "starting to warm" to me, I don't want him to start thinking again that I'm just a shill for Dr. G's very fun palace! ;)

Like I said, LL... a comfortable place with very good food, drinks and sexy woman to go. It's very hard to go wrong with this combination! And, I can honestly say this without chagrin. I'm just sorry that I cannot be there for the New Year's party. :( I'll be in the desert in Southern California. Save a little strudel for me, Doctor.

From General Reports thread:

Y'know, Fon Tok, I'm starting to warm to you, though it's unlikely I'll ever darken LL's doorstep. Glad to see you calling for the return of OTH (an individual and independant voice in our odd little cyber-community. Chagrin? What on earth do you mean?

M P Lurker
12-29-08, 04:01

I prefer to pay as I go for food and drinks etc., rather than put everything on the tab.
That way when the final accomodation bill comes, it seems suprisingly low and no shock at all.

I absolutely agree about the out-of-way Hotel. LL is my semi-out of the way Hotel (LOL) but I got spotted quickly by girls working in Soi 33 that know me.
Thai girls some how become long sighted when that see Farangs in the distance (must be my frame
Its amazing how easy it is to get seen by someone that knows your GF. Thats why I would recommend Soapies and Oilies as a safer option.
Do not walk in popular places (like BTS or MBK) with another girl (its a big risk).

NicFrenchy
12-29-08, 04:32
Its amazing how easy it is to get seen by someone that knows your GF. Thats why I would recommend Soapies and Oilies as a safer option.
Do not walk in popular places (like BTS or MBK) with another girl (its a big risk).

Absolutely! if you're going to fuck around, be discreet, Bangkok is a very small city.

Fon Tok
12-29-08, 06:39
i prefer to pay as i go for food and drinks etc., rather than put everything on the tab.
that way when the final accomodation bill comes, it seems suprisingly low and no shock at all. so that way you are psychologically paying less? that's very funny!

i absolutely agree about the out-of-way hotel. ll is my semi-out of the way hotel (lol) but i got spotted quickly by girls working in soi 33 that know me. thai girls some how become long sighted when that see farangs in the distance (must be my frame whattaya mean? farangs all have targets painted on them as far as thai "working" women are concerned. you could be the invisible man, "hallooo..."

its amazing how easy it is to get seen by someone that knows your gf. thats why i would recommend soapies and oilies as a safer option.i still go to mps while i'm in town visiting my gik. my gf knows i go to mps and is ok with it (to a point). she's down in the south right now, anyway. but the thai girl mobile phone grapevine is all powerful and covers the entire world! not sure how my gik feels, though. she's has the hotter head, (and body), of the two! :cool:

do not walk in popular places (like bts or mbk) with another girl (its a big risk).in other words, hat, sunglasses, mustache, and take a taxi!

M P Lurker
12-29-08, 10:31
So that way you are psychologically paying less? That's very funny!

No thats not it. It you keep paying cash, you see how fast it is dissappearing and can start putting the breaks on. Putting stuff on the tab is more dangerous as you lose track of how much you are spending, until the rude shock comes at the end.

If I should ring the bell, I want to pay soon before the bill gets totally out of hand.

New Year's Eve, when I start to get drunk, is a dangerous time for my bill too. Endless B52s will add up. Best to do a "check bill" once in a while to manage the "splurge" a little.

Fon Tok
12-29-08, 11:04
No thats not it. It you keep paying cash, you see how fast it is dissappearing and can start putting the breaks on. Putting stuff on the tab is more dangerous as you lose track of how much you are spending, until the rude shock comes at the end... That was the gist of my original comment. At LL if you are not paying attention it can add up. It is still a lot less than most places in the world and the fun-to-value factor is very high.

Personally, even when I'm on a roll, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm spending, tab or otherwise. I've had lots of practice at this, especially in my younger days.

In Bangkok, it's when I hit the ATM for a stack of 1000 baht notes while out drinking late night that I occasionally get a little loose. Bargirls really know how, (or at least try), to work you if they think you're drunk and have a wad of cash. I usually just play along as it's entertaining. It's still peanuts compared with the cost of other types of fun!

Lover Boy #2
12-30-08, 06:50
http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/caveat.php

I just found this site....and said to myself......this would not be a good hotel for the guy's (yes, including me!!).....on this forum.

It is actually quite amusing to navigate through their different web pages.

Francesco24
12-30-08, 12:42
Hello,

I'm looking for a cheap room near Nana.

Anybody could comment about Nanatai Mansion?

http://www.nanataimansion.com/homenanatai.html

Compared to a room at NanaHotel for example. Is it worth it to save a couple hundred baths for night?

Thanks a lot

Flyhere
01-01-09, 03:28
That was the gist of my original comment. At LL if you are not paying attention it can add up. It is still a lot less than most places in the world and the fun-to-value factor is very high.

Personally, even when I'm on a roll, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm spending, tab or otherwise. I've had lots of practice at this, especially in my younger days....
I agree, it's pretty easy for me too to mentally track how much I'm spending. May be I never get too drunk...haha. Also, I make it a habit to set a spending limit and stay within that budget, I am good at it having worked in Las Vegas where you can get carried away if not careful. However, at a regular place, it's easy to spend more than I should.

I buy at least a couple of drinks for a few of the girls I know, not just my regular, plus a couple of drinks for myself. Then I want to grab a bite to eat, oh my regular asks if her "sister" whom I know can come too. With the barfine and the tips, it's easily 3 times what I really should spend.

I like soapies for this reason, where I stay within a controlled budget, and spend a lot less.

Fun factor? that's different, and difficult to compare.

fly

PS. My bank account balance improved quite a lot after I stopped seeing my regular BG, good one way, bad in another way :( must find a new regular, but that's a different topic.

Ivanba
01-05-09, 04:15
I will be in Thailand for a few weeks in Feb and plan to spend 1-2 weeks in BKK. I'm new to BKK - only been there for two nights a year ago. I stayed at the Peninsula and this time I want to stay on the other side of the river. The Banyan Tree is offering pretty good discounts for Feb stays. Can anyone comment on its location? I'm interested in knowing how far of a walk it is to the sky trains. How long will it take to walk to the train and catch a train to the Sukhumvit area? Is the area surrounding the hotel interesting for walking? I assume night time taxi service to Sukhimvit area is pretty quick.

Any other comments regarding the hotel are most welcome.

Thanks,

Ivan.

M P Lurker
01-06-09, 06:42
I will be in Thailand for a few weeks in Feb and plan to spend 1-2 weeks in BKK. I'm new to BKK - only been there for two nights a year ago. I stayed at the Peninsula and this time I want to stay on the other side of the river. The Banyan Tree is offering pretty good discounts for Feb stays. Can anyone comment on its location? I'm interested in knowing how far of a walk it is to the sky trains. How long will it take to walk to the train and catch a train to the Sukhumvit area? Is the area surrounding the hotel interesting for walking? I assume night time taxi service to Sukhimvit area is pretty quick.

Any other comments regarding the hotel are most welcome.

Thanks,

Ivan.
As always, a simple Google Maps search reveals the location:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.732048,100.570049&spn=0.050693,0.075617&z=14

A slightly unusual location on Sathorn Tai but close to Lumphini underground station which can take you to Sukhumvit road on just 3rd stop heading East and then North.

M P Lurker
01-06-09, 06:48
Hello,

I'm looking for a cheap room near Nana.

Anybody could comment about Nanatai Mansion?

http://www.nanataimansion.com/homenanatai.html

Compared to a room at NanaHotel for example. Is it worth it to save a couple hundred baths for night?

Thanks a lot
Despite being cheaper, there is every chance its better (wouldn't be difficult). Although some guys like the sordid Nana Hotel (even meet ladyboys going to knock on some guy's door), its a shithole to others. I never consider it.

Consider also the Dawin Hotel also on Soi 4 which probably still has very good deals available.

Acerboy
01-06-09, 07:02
Well for example, The Key had a promo a while ago (I think it still stands) and they are located just opposite Luxury hotel (an dmassage)

S15 also was in that price bracketS15 wireless is bad from what I heard from my buddy and the reviews on the net. So you need wifi, stay away.

Check out Citichic as well.Should be Bhat2,300.

Member #3428
01-07-09, 03:20
Absolutely! if you're going to fuck around, be discreet, Bangkok is a very small city.

Tell me about it... it cost me a trip up country and a visit to the temple to get out of a little hole I dug...

Run Mann
01-07-09, 03:48
Last week I received this email from the Majestic Grande although I have not stayed there in over a year. I've always recommended this Hotel because is one of the top hotels in BKK (minus the internet charge but won't get into that now). Seems like they are upping their marketing and customer relation program to reach out to previous customers. Any way I though this was a nice touch.

http://www.majesticgrande.com/

On Behalf of the management and staff of Majestic Grande

we wish you success, happiness and good health always.

*** Happy Birthday ***

Best regards,

Adirake Wangthaveepaibul

Front Office Manager

Mouse1
01-09-09, 10:31
A very belated post to highly recommend the Citadines Suites on Soi 11. Stayed there on my last trip in November fairly soon after it had opened. Very spacious rooms, clean, bright, well-furnished. Walk-in shower (very important, I always think).

A reasonable walk down Soi 11, but as I tend to stay in LeFenix these days it was no problem.

Some confusion over breakfast as I think you are meant to get a voucher and use it in the bar linked to the hotel. I was charged full rate but just stood at the reception smiling and showing my email booking voucher and eventually it was all sorted.

I paid 1900 Bht per night excluding breakfast (169 Bht). It is now at 1999 Bht on Wotif, although annoyingly jumping to presumably its permanent price of 2556 Bht the day I arrive for my next trip. Relatively still a bargain, but with the lousy exchange rates I'm looking for cheaper options.

Photos attached. The girl is included with the special internet rate (those aren't skin grafts, just my poor editing-out of distinctive tattoos).

Run Mann
01-09-09, 11:00
A very belated post to highly recommend the Citadines Suites on Soi 11. Stayed there on my last trip in November fairly soon after it had opened. Very spacious rooms, clean, bright, well-furnished. Walk-in shower (very important, I always think).

Same layout as the the one on Soi 16 which is one of my all time favs in Bangkok.

Sainter21
01-10-09, 04:20
Hi all,

Looking for a budget place along or just off Soi 4. I've stayed at The Swan Inn 4 before so something similar to that in terms of standard and price (800).
Swan Inn is booked and so far only found Nana City Inn, Nana Thai Mansion, White Orchid....
I remember seeing one decent looking place above a travel agent I think on the Nana Hotel side between Hillary Bar and Swan 4 but can't remember the name.
Actually, I remember seeing quite a few little places tucked away but obviously I'm not very observant, am I?
Anyway, if some one can recommend the above places or any others that are cheap, cheerful and clean it will be greatly appreciated.
I arrive late at night and prefer to have a place secured rather than going about knocking on doors.
Cheers to all.