PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

M P Lurker
01-10-09, 05:29
Photos attached. The girl is included with the special internet rate (those aren't skin grafts, just my poor editing-out of distinctive tattoos).
That looks like my GF, but fortunately the hair is too dark, and tats not quite right.

Centaurus
01-11-09, 11:41
After checking the place out in October, I booked a luxury room at the Livingstone Lodge for 10 days around New Year. And I really really liked it.

The rooms are nice, wooden floor, good beds. I changed my room once because I prefer a walk-in shower to a jacuzzi (only some rooms have both). Free WiFi that works well.

Breakfast is served without a time limit which is quite helpful. You choose from a menu of options, service is at your table (which I prefer to a buffet as buffets make me walk around too much in the morning hehe). On that menu list, I had implicitely assumed that you have the choice of bacon OR sausage Or ham … so when a LT girl from Soi Cowboy actually ordered bacon AND sausage AND ham for breakfast, I was (a) amazed at her audacity, (b) embarrassed, because she was my guest, but (c) didn’t say anything because I was interested in the upcoming interaction between the waitress and my lady. Well, the waitress didn’t say a word except ok ka… and 10 minutes later my girl had it all there neatly on her plate. I then ate most of her sausages in addition to my bacon ;)

There has been sufficient discussion on the pros and cons of Soi 33 (where LL sits right in the middle). I like it a lot and think it’s also very convenient in walking distance to a few good oilies and Soi Cowboy.

I have changed my usual custom of rarely eating in the hotel where I stay because the food at LL is good (steak, Western and Thai).

I am more or less adopting that rule (do not eat inhouse) to the girls of the Sports Bar, though. Somehow I seem to be not too lucky in the Bar, had two average to underwhelming experiences there. But that might just be me… I still like to sometimes start my evening with a beer and a chat in the Sports Bar but I won’t add to the hype reports of the LL girls that were written here before.

What I most enjoyed at the Lodge though is the peculiar mix of a family atmosphere combined with monger raunchiness that Giotto and crew manage to create. I met quite a few fun ISG guys (learned from Mick to be a bit more generous) and instead of trying to actively ignore the esteemed colleagues (which happens in the typical hotels I’ve been to on Sukhumvit), Giotto gets us together for fun discussions on the Asian bargirl mindset (and on international stock exchanges).

It’s not the cheapest hotel if you just compare the hardware. But if you take the atmosphere etc etc into consideration (and yeah, admittedly there’s some software in the Sports Bar that could round it out nicely), then the Lodge is an amazing deal… even more so if you go for the ISG discount.

Main negative: Only one small mirror in the room... and that is at the wrong place :D

Giotto
01-11-09, 12:43
main negative: only one small mirror in the room... and that is at the wrong place :dcentaurus,

bestard!

next time --> peep inn. they have rooms with mirrors everywhere :) !

giotto
http://www.livingstones.co.th

M P Lurker
01-12-09, 07:07
.....On that menu list, I had implicitely assumed that you have the choice of bacon OR sausage Or ham … so when a LT girl from Soi Cowboy actually ordered bacon AND sausage AND ham for breakfast, I was (a) amazed at her audacity, (b) embarrassed, because she was my guest, but (c) didn’t say anything because I was interested in the upcoming interaction between the waitress and my lady. Well, the waitress didn’t say a word except ok ka… and 10 minutes later my girl had it all there neatly on her plate. I then ate most of her sausages in addition to my bacon ;)

There is no problem with ticking multiples for breakfast. But its common for Thais to order more than what they can really eat. They have no ethic to finish what they order.

I always take ham and cocktail frankfurts (but don't like bacon) and cheese, with omelette. Endless cups of coffee too.
Waitress Miss B is very attentive and even the stand-in on her day off kept my coffee coming well.

I don't dare order the sweet cookies that Giotto has for breakfast/morning-tea as have to consider my waistline reduction program.

Easy2007
01-14-09, 07:46
About time to get this thread back and working again, far too many hotels and guest houses ripping off people with high rates trying to get some revenue back into their business.

So, first up.

Cozy At Ten

Location is good, being on Sukhumvit Soi 10. Midway between Asoke and Nana BTS stations, so midway between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy too.

Opposite the Chuvit Garden too, for those who wish to do a quick jog around in the morning or night.

All rooms are A/C, with Satellite TV, Fridge, FREE Broadband internet etc....room are basic but if you are in Bangkok for mongering, why waste your hard earned on pretend fancy rooms when all you do in them is SSSSS

(thats sleep/shit/shower/shave/sex)

Rates : Cheap

No joiner fee's for a guest, although there is for more than 1 guest (for those into threesomes or moresomes)

Cozy Room One KS Bed (Room with no view, apart from the shops the other side of the building at the back)

1,200 Baht per room per night

Cozy Room One KS Beb (Garden View, nice view, overlooks the Chuvit Garden)
1,400 Baht per room per night

Cozy Room Two Single Beds (Garden View)
1,600 Baht per room per night

Web Site : http://www.cozyatten.com/

Downsides : No elevator, only stairs, so if you are on the 4th floor you get a bit of excercise, 2nd and 3rd floor a bit less excercise.

Easy2007
01-14-09, 07:51
Web Site : http://merisess.com/index.htm

Easy2007
01-14-09, 07:53
Sukhumvit Soi 16.

New hotel - all suites.

Promotional Rates :

Deluxe Suite Baht 1,800
Premier Suite Baht 2,000
Executive One Bed Room Suite Baht 2,700

This is Net rate and inclusive of breakfast.

Web Site : http://merisess.com/index.htm

Free Broadband Internet Access

Fresh Meat 2
01-14-09, 10:57
Would love some help from you guys.

Im arriving in Bangkok on march the 12th for 6 nights, although i have had around 15 trips to bkok this will be my first for 2 years.

I am looking for some help as to where to stay.

I have stayed at the Jw Marriott (soi 2) once- too expensive.

Stayed at the emporium suites- too expensive.

Stayed at the Ambassador hotel, (soi 11) 6 or 7 times, i used to like this place, however a few years ago they became rigid re their policy of charging for guests to your room, also the place needs a makeover, it was good at 1400baht a nite 3 or 4 years ago with no fee for guests.

Stayed at the Rembrandt hotel (soi 18) once, a little out of the way but ok.

On my last 2 trips i have stayed at the Swiss Grottino, good location, great service, girl friendly, but it is now getting a little dated and the fact that it does not have a pool is a minus.

My preferences are between Nana and Cowboy, on or near Sukhumvit, 2000 to 3000 baht a nite, and obviously girl friendly.

Two places i have come up with are Adelphi Suites (soi 8) and Sashas hotel uno (soi 19), any reports on these two places or any other recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Cm6363
01-14-09, 14:03
Sorry to trouble you guys, but 1-1/2 hours later, I still can't figure out which is the area or streets to stay on or near in Bangkok. I found very good reports on the scene, but only a few hotel recommendations.

There may be a good overview for location and hotels, but I haven't found it unfortunately.

Also, if you recommend the best way to book in advance given the negotiating that is possible with a lot of empty rooms, that would also be appreciated. (I arrive at 6 pm and would prefer not to wander at that time of night).

Thanks!

Asian Flava
01-14-09, 20:37
I'm here now for a few days. It is a great quiet place and I've stayed here a few times. Bit far down the soi for some people but very handy for Soi Cowboy or Nana. Plenty of taxis going by if you need a lift up to Suk.

AF

Im arriving in Bangkok on march the 12th for 6 nights, although i have had around 15 trips to bkok this will be my first for 2 years.

Stayed at the Ambassador hotel, (soi 11) 6 or 7 times, i used to like this place, however a few years ago they became rigid re their policy of charging for guests to your room, also the place needs a makeover, it was good at 1400baht a nite 3 or 4 years ago with no fee for guests.

On my last 2 trips i have stayed at the Swiss Grottino, good location, great service, girl friendly, but it is now getting a little dated and the fact that it does not have a pool is a minus.

My preferences are between Nana and Cowboy, on or near Sukhumvit, 2000 to 3000 baht a nite, and obviously girl friendly.

Two places i have come up with are Adelphi Suites (soi 8) and Sashas hotel uno (soi 19), any reports on these two places or any other recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Joesin
01-15-09, 18:11
I stayed at Darjelling Hotel off Suk soi 18 a couple of times. Small boutique small with 20 rooms. 3 mins to Asoke BTS and Suk MRT, in other words, 3 mins to Soi Cowboy! Completely GF, they do not even ask! Great staff. At 1700bt with free wireless internet, you still have some consumer surplus.

Thanks

Ultm8
01-19-09, 07:23
Aloha members,

I've been to Thailand a few times and stayed at various hotels but never stayed at Manhattan hotel-Soi 15 (I think).

Anyone got an opinion/update about this place?

Mahalo=thanks.

Asmudger
01-19-09, 16:28
I was wondering if anyone could help with this particular problem - I know it's terribly cheeky to ask.

Given a choice between:

Le Fenix (Sukhumvit Soi 11)
Dynasty Inn Grande (Sukhumvit Soi 4)
Merisess (Sukhumvit Soi 16).

Which would you choose ? All the prices I've been quoted are about the same. But I'm looking for somewhere different than the Nana Hotel (stayed twice so I feel I've done my time there).

The main thing I'm considering is girl-friendliness.

But obviously service, cleanliness etc are up there too.

Thanks - and if anyone's around mid-April I'll stand you a beer or two.

Mayday14
01-19-09, 19:55

Thanks

I'll be staying in Sachas Hotel Uno for a couple of days soon, I'll try and remember to report back. Got a pretty good rate from agoda for it.

Gaolei
01-19-09, 21:19

Dynasty Grande is a great place. I always stay there now when in Bkk. The rooms are good, restaurant ok, Pool is excellent, Price is right, and being on soi 6 a block from Nana, of course it is GF!

Centaurus
01-20-09, 16:37

Dynasty Grande is a great place. I always stay there now when in Bkk. The rooms are good, restaurant ok, Pool is excellent, Price is right, and being on soi 6 a block from Nana, of course it is GF!
Agreed about Dynasty Grande, very nice hotel if you like the Nana region.

I stayed again at the Livingstone Lodge (I prefer Cowboy and Soi 33 to Nana), this time in a Junior Suite. Big double jakuzzi bubblebath with built in lightshow and radio (although it FILLS up a bit SLOWLY :D ). The girls appreciate the thing, it's a great start and makes it harder for them to go for covered bj ;)

Fast Eddie 48
01-21-09, 07:39

Thanks

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.Fresh meat,

The 2 budget places I like are:

1. The Business Grand at Soi 13 (1800 bht but always book solid)

2. The Rumachutt Hotel above Thermae coffee house. (200-1600 bht both very girl friendly)

It's not easy to get any hotel cheap in this area now days .

Fast Eddie 48

Osakagin
01-22-09, 06:45
Originally Posted by Fresh Meat 2

I just wondering if charging a joiner fee a "guest" is still the present standard practice for the Ambassador hotel on soi 11?

Acerboy
01-22-09, 06:58
I'll be staying in Sachas Hotel Uno for a couple of days soon, I'll try and remember to report back. Got a pretty good rate from agoda for it.
I checked out the rooms. The deluxe rooms which are all housed as the block as the reception is good. The standard rooms which is in the next block, is small and is ok only. They quoted Bhat2,400 for 1 pax with breakfast for my March stay. Concerns are sound and hopefully you don't get the aroma from the drain in front of the Baptist church short distance away.

Please let me know how your stay was. If not good, I'll go back to citichic.

Thanks

Striker34
01-22-09, 15:12
Two places i have come up with are Adelphi Suites (soi 8) and Sashas hotel uno (soi 19), any reports on these two places or any other recommendation would be much appreciated.I've stayed at Sasha's several times.

From my last post:

Walking distance to Cowboy and NEP. GF and fantastic rooms with all the mod cons. Could have 5 or 6 people in the powerful and hot shower- USD37 through Agoda.

No pool or spa though (at least that I could find)

Member #3428
01-22-09, 23:08

Adelphi has gotten expensive for what it gives you lately, when it first opened it was cheap and a great location. The room conditions were shoddy construction with multiple problems in the rooms. I wrote a few negative reports on it.

Duniawala
01-23-09, 05:06
Fresh meat,

The 2 budget places I like are:

1. The Business Grand at Soi 13 (1800 bht but always book solid)

2. The Rumachutt Hotel above Thermae coffee house. (200-1600 bht both very girl friendly)

It's not easy to get any hotel cheap in this area now days .

Fast Eddie 48
Re:Ruamchitt

200B? Really. Never found them to rent for that low. I never could have them rent by the hour either. I needed a room for 5 hours, in between flights, they insisted upon the full day rate.

I stay quite often there. In fact, I am currently staying there. They have recently renovated their rooms and are much better. Right now they are charging 1500 B per night. The older rooms are 1200 B.

Also, they now have free wi-fi in the rooms.

Deal Seeker
01-23-09, 07:16
I was there for in mid to late December. Crap, the wi-fi I got was only in the reception area, otherwise I "borrowed" it from Hotel Sukhumvit S15.

The old rooms are pretty dilapidated. I never really utilized it much for its prime location right above the Thermae.

I thought the hourly rental was 400 THB. At least that's what I overheard.

200B? Really. Never found them to rent for that low. I never could have them rent by the hour either. I needed a room for 5 hours, in between flights, they insisted upon the full day rate.

I stay quite often there. In fact, I am currently staying there. They have recently renovated their rooms and are much better. Right now they are charging 1500 B per night. The older rooms are 1200 B.

Also, they now have free wi-fi in the rooms.

Rambis Youth
01-23-09, 13:39
Noticed the following on the Agoda website referring to the Dawin. Is this a polite way of saying Arabs / Indians not welcome?

"Please note that this Hotel operates exclusive contracts with other vendors to service nationals from India and the Middle East. Accordingly we are unable to service nationals from these countries. We apologize for the inconvenience"

John Euro
01-23-09, 17:09
I've stayed at Sasha's several times.

No pool or spa though (at least that I could find)Sacha hotel

Have checked the plce out 2 day ago, have been in the 3 different rooms and they all look great and I would stay there with pleasure if I was on my own, super modern style and good location, I leave within a few day’s and will be back in BK after a week and was planning to book it, now Mrs John is then with me and she will not spend the whole day in the room waiting for me wile I am on meetings, it will then cut of my evening mongering also, the one problem for here, no pool or relax area,

Hang on before you decide to book, the guy at the reception, name Mr Bank (good English btw) offered me the standard room for 2400 Thb and would drop the ++ tax etc, I could have a upgrade from Superiorat 2900 (drop the ++) to a Deluxe that would be 3400 ++. All include ABF and fee internet etc. They need the business! Droip him a mail and tell him you heard about that special rate etc

Rgds

JE

Lucis
01-24-09, 06:59
Online 46usd and free upgrade to deluxe room.

Sacha hotel

Have checked the plce out 2 day ago, have been in the 3 different rooms and they all look great and I would stay there with pleasure if I was on my own, super modern style and good location, I leave within a few day’s and will be back in BK after a week and was planning to book it, now Mrs John is then with me and she will not spend the whole day in the room waiting for me wile I am on meetings, it will then cut of my evening mongering also, the one problem for here, no pool or relax area,

Hang on before you decide to book, the guy at the reception, name Mr Bank (good English btw) offered me the standard room for 2400 Thb and would drop the ++ tax etc, I could have a upgrade from Superiorat 2900 (drop the ++) to a Deluxe that would be 3400 ++. All include ABF and fee internet etc. They need the business! Droip him a mail and tell him you heard about that special rate etc

Rgds

JE

Fast Eddie 48
01-27-09, 17:01

Also, they now have free wi-fi in the rooms.to Duniawala

Yes it is a typo.

Sorry to give you a hard on.

t is 1200 bht, but it was 900 just a year ago.

Fast eddie 48

Neil Flanders
01-30-09, 21:55
Anyone has been there already?

It looks very cool.

Is it girl-friendly?

http://www.lemeridienhotelbangkok.com

NicFrenchy
01-31-09, 02:31
Anyone has been there already?

It looks very cool.

Is it girl-friendly?

http://www.lemeridienhotelbangkok.com

Sorry, I have only been there for business drinks and luncheons. Food isn't that Good to be honest and service also isn't up to 5 star levels.

Acerboy
01-31-09, 06:19
Sacha hotel

Rgds

JEI was quoted Bhat2,400 net with one breakfast for the deluxe at Sacha. keep comparing them to citichic on pricing and he came down to that rate and said it was a special. But Citichic is still best at Bhat2,300 with 2 breakfast and very guest friendly.

Allover
01-31-09, 08:47
Can someone tell me how far down Soi 11 Citadines is from Sukhumvit? Is it much furthur away from Suk. Road than Grand President?

I'm looking at Citadine on Soi 11 and Soi 8 and I want to choose the one that is an easy walk to Sukhumvit.

Rooms look a little small but they have a 2 bedroom suite which is perfect for two mongers to share.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

BionicMan
01-31-09, 17:28
Noticed the following on the Agoda website referring to the Dawin. Is this a polite way of saying Arabs / Indians not welcome?

"Please note that this Hotel operates exclusive contracts with other vendors to service nationals from India and the Middle East. Accordingly we are unable to service nationals from these countries. We apologize for the inconvenience"
Subtle, but looks like.
Otherwise why not putting the reference contact for those nationals from those countries.
At the end of the day, exclusivity granted or not, they should facilitate the bookings to keep the rooms busy.
How do they handle a indian or a middleeastern resident somewhere else?

Texasranger01
01-31-09, 19:16
Subtle, but looks like.

Otherwise why not putting the reference contact for those nationals from those countries.

At the end of the day, exclusivity granted or not, they should facilitate the bookings to keep the rooms busy.

How do they handle a indian or a middleeastern resident somewhere else?I've seem this exact statement on many hotels internet booking sites including, I think, the Nana hotel in Bangkok.

Kavorka341
02-01-09, 13:19
can someone tell me how far down soi 11 citadines is from sukhumvit? is it much furthur away from suk. road than grand president?

i'm looking at citadine on soi 11 and soi 8 and i want to choose the one that is an easy walk to sukhumvit.

rooms look a little small but they have a 2 bedroom suite which is perfect for two mongers to share.

thanks for any info you can provide.i stayed in citadine on soi 8 last week. it was ok for a one night stay but i did find the room to be small. i stayed in a standard room. it was a fair hike to sukhumvit.

i think i saw the one on soi 11 last night, right down near where the road swings left to qbar. for me too far from sukhumvit.

i'm staying now at adelphi suites on soi 8 and can't find a single thing wrong yet. close to sukhumvit, high speed internet, breakfast, big modern room, gf. paying around 3200 per night.

Acerboy
02-02-09, 07:58
Can someone tell me how far down Soi 11 Citadines is from Sukhumvit? Is it much furthur away from Suk. Road than Grand President?

I'm looking at Citadine on Soi 11 and Soi 8 and I want to choose the one that is an easy walk to Sukhumvit.

Rooms look a little small but they have a 2 bedroom suite which is perfect for two mongers to share.

Thanks for any info you can provide.Between bedsupperclub and Grand President. if you are ok with Grand president, the Citadines should not be an issue. well at least for me but then I walk from Citichic all the way to Suk.

Sainter21
02-03-09, 06:03
Lads, quick question.
Can anybody confirm if Centrepoint on Wireless Road is still guest friendly and good value? Is it a little too far from Nana? What about their other locations?
Thanks.

Member #3428
02-03-09, 06:25
Lads, quick question.
Can anybody confirm if Centrepoint on Wireless Road is still guest friendly and good value? Is it a little too far from Nana? What about their other locations?
Thanks.

The two Centrepoint's I've stayed at are GF. I would not say they are value.. there are much better value for the baht out there then centrepoint. I find them king of high in cost for what they give you actually.

Flyhere
02-03-09, 08:58
The two Centrepoint's I've stayed at are GF. I would not say they are value.. there are much better value for the baht out there then centrepoint. I find them king of high in cost for what they give you actually.
I would second that, not good value I would say unless you get a special discount. I am staying at Centrepoint myself as it's arranged through the corporate account of my prime contractor, they pay for it (corp volume discount about 40%) and I have no choice.

Sainter21
02-04-09, 06:27
Thanks for the info on Centrepoint.
I got a rate of B1750 through Agoda, which seemed reasonable.
I'll keep an eye out for other options.

Member #3428
02-04-09, 06:35
Thanks for the info on Centrepoint.
I got a rate of B1750 through Agoda, which seemed reasonable.
I'll keep an eye out for other options.

OK that is a good rate. The rates they try to offer to travel agents normally at that location is 3400 for Studio and 4700 for 1 bedroom. Those are per night non-comissionable rates... before the world economy crash and the airport take over. I can get better TA rates at many other locations around BKK then what they offered in the past. But they gave me some free nights to try them out and I was not impressed.

Normad2020
02-05-09, 09:35
Friends, I am planning a short break to Bangkok in mid-March and wanted to try the new hotel Ibis Nana at Soi 8. Could anyone give me some information on the said place, ie., is it girl-friendly, etc.

Cheers
normad2020

Fresh Meat 2
02-05-09, 11:16
Friends, I am planning a short break to Bangkok in mid-March and wanted to try the new hotel Ibis Nana at Soi 8. Could anyone give me some information on the said place, ie., is it girl-friendly, etc.

Cheers,

normad2020I am arriving 12th march in LOS, did a fair bit of work in trying to find somewhere that i hadnt stayed before that was in a handy spot.

I ended up booking the adelphi on soi 8 2750baht per night.

Read a lot of reviews about this place, all of them good.

Bearsk
02-05-09, 11:46
Does anyone know whether the 1000THb fee at the Westin still applies?

Normad2020
02-06-09, 05:29
Adelphi seems like a good choice.

For this trip I was thinking of trying the lower end Budget Hotel and whilst surfing through the AirAsia website, I saw this promotion for Ibis Nana (Soi 8), thus my question to the members on this forum as to any feedback pertaining to the hotel and its policies on "casual" guest(s) and other services and facilities, given the fact that it is a new place.

Cheers
normad2020

I am arriving 12th march in LOS, did a fair bit of work in trying to find somewhere that i hadnt stayed before that was in a handy spot.

I ended up booking the adelphi on soi 8 2750baht per night.

Read a lot of reviews about this place, all of them good.

Beefy6969
02-10-09, 03:55

For this trip I was thinking of trying the lower end Budget Hotel and whilst surfing through the AirAsia website, I saw this promotion for Ibis Nana (Soi 8), thus my question to the members on this forum as to any feedback pertaining to the hotel and its policies on "casual" guest(s) and other services and facilities, given the fact that it is a new place.

Cheers,

normad2020Yea I've been looking at the IBIS Nana Hotel too. It says will MOST LIKELY opening in March 2009. I even tried to enter a few dates and shows nothing. Looks like this hotel is going to open in April then, pehaps even later. =( Did anyone call to confirm?

Duniawala
02-10-09, 04:37
A FIVE-STAR hotel group is offering rooms around the world for as little as $52 a night in a "three-day super sale".

Taking place on February 24-26, Accor's largest ever hotel sale will offer holidaymakers savings of over 75 per cent.

Among the deals will be Bali hotel rooms for $64, Indonesia for $52 and Thailand for just $56 when Accor's three-day super sale website launches on February 24.

One million rooms will go on sale in 250 hotels across Asia Pacific, while in Australia there will be hotels available in every Australian capital city, as well as key regional, suburban and resort areas.

"Australians are looking for good value holidays in this difficult economic climate and these special rates will allow couples and families to get away for a quality holiday without breaking the bank," Accor vice president Simon McGrath said.

"With an unprecedented range of cheap airfares, and now cheap hotel rooms, short-break and longer holidays have never been more affordable."

Hotels under the Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, all seasons and Ibis brands are included in the sale.

Stays must be between April 1 and July 31, 2009.

Thulolado
02-10-09, 06:14

Cheers
normad2020

I just booked on Amari for City Lodge Soi 9 for a Feb 19th arrival. While I can't say for sure that they are GF, what did happen is that while I tried to book for a single adult (hoping it'd be cheaper - same room price regardless) the system booked me for two adults. Must be some glitch in their system, but now I'm thinking that though it's not my style to bring dates to my room, if the right opportunity presents, I just might do so.

So, I'd recommend trying the booking both ways as these promotions often will be the same price regardless. I didn't know Ibis had something on soi 8 - I found great prices at their All Seasons up in Prathunam though. While I don't know the City Lodge chain that well, Amari is pretty decent and I wound up with an average cost of Bht1350 a night on soi 9 - it looks like the nicer soi 19 place is going for about Bht1500 a night with their promotion.

Noclew
02-10-09, 17:51
Just returned from a 3 day stay at the Aspen Suites. The place is a little further down from Majestic Grande, has a reliabletuk tuk service until 10 at night. Paid $60 including breakfast and GF. The only drawback is that there is nothing around it - 7-11s or shops, but it is walking distance to Soi 4 and all its glory. Overall a good clean place and will return.

Cheers,

normad2020

Mayday14
02-10-09, 19:54

Cheers
normad2020

Ibis Nana is on Soi 4 (hence the Nana ...) - seemed almost complete when I looked last week.

It's almost next to the Dawin.

Mayday14
02-10-09, 20:09
I checked out the rooms. The deluxe rooms which are all housed as the block as the reception is good. The standard rooms which is in the next block, is small and is ok only. They quoted Bhat2,400 for 1 pax with breakfast for my March stay. Concerns are sound and hopefully you don't get the aroma from the drain in front of the Baptist church short distance away.

Please let me know how your stay was. If not good, I'll go back to citichic.

Thanks

Stay was reasonably good but I think there is better in this price range.
Stayed in a Superior room in the annexe block, reasonable size with a great (huge) bathroom. Bed had a very chunky wooden surround which I kept banging my legs on. Currently has free wifi and a couple of lobby computers, also free.

It's around the same price (or a little more) than the Dawin or Citichic and I think I'd rather stay at one of those for the pool (have stayed in both previously).

Noclew
02-10-09, 21:25
stayed 3 nights in the annexe block, got the room just across the elevator on the left. very claustrophobic as the stationary window faced the stairwell, otherwise also, the room was very small. a big peev of mine - no clocks and the tv programming was minimal. overall, i will pass on this the next time.

the major plus - close to asoke bts and several decent massage places.

Normad2020
02-12-09, 04:13
Given that Ibis Nana might not be completed when I am in Bangkok (mid-March) I have made alternate plan to stay at Woraburi Hotel. Hope it is okay....

Feedback from members on the hotel, services & casual guest friendliness would be appreciated.

Cheers
normad2020

Ibis Nana is on Soi 4 (hence the Nana ...) - seemed almost complete when I looked last week.

It's almost next to the Dawin.

M P Lurker
02-12-09, 10:10
Very claustrophobic as the stationary window faced the stairwell, otherwise also, the room was very small.
Stationery? LOL. Did you mean solitary? or did you mean window could not be opened and had no movement at all?

Do you think they might have any better rooms at all?

Sanook D
02-12-09, 12:24
Given that Ibis Nana might not be completed when I am in Bangkok (mid-March) I have made alternate plan to stay at Woraburi Hotel. Hope it is okay....

Feedback from members on the hotel, services & casual guest friendliness would be appreciated.

On the same soi just a little further down (as in, at the end before you go into the tobacco monopoly area) is the Nanatai Mansion. I'd stay there rather than the Woraburi (although I haven't stayed at Woraburi in 5 years). Personal preferrence- OK view from some of the Nanatai rooms, they have an OK gym, the restaurant is fair (good Thai/Isaan). Other posters may disagree, naturally.

Europa Smith
02-12-09, 17:26
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum (this is my first post) but me and my mates are planning to travel to BKK in March for some R&R. While checking up on the net I get a good price for the newly opened Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista (1 Sathorn Soi 3 South Sathorn Road). Just wanted to know if the hotel is GF and if anyone has stayed there recently as we wouldn't want to end up there and then be told that we are not allowed to bring "guests" to the room.

Thanks,

E.Smith

Kurt1962
02-12-09, 17:46
On the same soi just a little further down (as in, at the end before you go into the tobacco monopoly area) is the Nanatai Mansion. I'd stay there rather than the Woraburi (although I haven't stayed at Woraburi in 5 years). Personal preferrence- OK view from some of the Nanatai rooms, they have an OK gym, the restaurant is fair (good Thai/Isaan). Other posters may disagree, naturally.I have stayed in the Hotel 2 years ago. Although not the newest its quite ok and has a swimming pool too. You walk a bit, approx 10 minutes, till you reach Sukhumvit main. They have a complimentary Hotel Tuk Tuk service to the main road. As far as I remember there is no in room safe.

Normad2020
02-13-09, 05:52
Thanks mate for the information. It seems Woraburi is not the "ideal" budget hotel. Will give Nanatai Mansion a look before I book. I am also considering Citadines group of hotels. The reviews on this forum have been good and I am a little spoil for choice (Soi 8, 11, 16 & 23). Which one would you advise me to stay.....conditions being free Internet (WIFI/LAN), Girl-friendly, and good clean rooms....

Cheers
normad2020

On the same soi just a little further down (as in, at the end before you go into the tobacco monopoly area) is the Nanatai Mansion. I'd stay there rather than the Woraburi (although I haven't stayed at Woraburi in 5 years). Personal preferrence- OK view from some of the Nanatai rooms, they have an OK gym, the restaurant is fair (good Thai/Isaan). Other posters may disagree, naturally.

Bono1305
02-16-09, 18:08
Does anyone know whether the 1000THb fee at the Westin still applies?Been there many times never heard anything about a j/f and I have bring many girls back

Will Smith69
02-20-09, 09:42
Dear ISG'ler,

I have the big luck to be in BKK at the beginning of March. And I have the option to stay at the westin. But by reading this phantastic forum I can't realy finde out if it is GF.

Is there someone who can give me the latest info on the actual status.

Thanks a lot

Will

Trashcanman77
02-22-09, 10:54
Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly 5* hotel?

Trashcanman77
02-22-09, 12:40
Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly 5* star hotel?

Asheron
02-22-09, 23:38
Holiday Inn silom

Horntoad
02-23-09, 00:22
Dear ISG'ler,

I have the big luck to be in BKK at the beginning of March. And I have the option to stay at the westin. But by reading this phantastic forum I can't realy finde out if it is GF.

Thanks a lot

Will

It is GF. Also there is a side door on Soi 19 that can help you bypass the lobby. If you go through the front, you have to take an elevator up to the lobby and then another one to your room. I love the Westin due to the location.

Rambis Youth
02-23-09, 09:10
Accor is having a 3 day sale with very cheap rates. Considering staying to Novotel Siam Square or Asoke Residence for my brief stay in June.

www.accorhotels.com/supersale

M P Lurker
02-23-09, 09:33
Accor is having a 3 day sale with very cheap rates. Considering staying to Novotel Siam Square or Asoke Residence for my brief stay in June.

www.accorhotels.com/supersale

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/reservation/multirates.jshtml

But did you see the catch 400 Baht per person for breakfast. O.K. Its still a good price and you can do breakfast somewhere else or make your own in kitchenette.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6162-grand-mercure-bangkok-asoke-residence-previously-sofitel/index.shtml Its not Sofitel any more.

Map (Asoke Residence):
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.739594,100.562668&spn=0.012235,0.018561&z=16

Its a good location close to MRT, BTS, Soi Cowboy, etc.
With Wifi, Fitness, Swimming pool, seems like I should try it.

M P Lurker
02-23-09, 09:40
Why would someone mongering need 5 star?
You must be very wealthy!
Most of us save wasted accomodation money for mongering.

The girl will be expecting a very high tip if you stay there.

Rambis Youth
02-23-09, 09:50
Hi Soap Fan,

I don't think breakfast is compulsory. It just happens to be listed below sales conditions of rate. If you click on the sales conditions, you get the following:

Sales conditions of rate

Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square
Accor Asia Pacific Super Sale
Superior 1 King Bed

Special terms : :
The name on the reservation must match the name of the person staying at the hotel. Proof of identification will be required upon check-in.
Cancellation delay :
Full deposit is not refundable even if the booking is cancelled or modified.
Check in Policy :
Check-in time 14:00
Check out Policy :
Check-out time 12:00
Children policy :
Accommodation and breakfast are free for 2 children less than 16 years old sharing parents’ room.
Booking Period :
The booking period is fixed from the 23/02/2009 until the 27/02/2009.
Guarantee Policy :
Full amount of stay is payable in advance by credit card at booking time.

Worst case scenario, if I'm wrong I will just eat the breakfast. It's still a good rate.

Rambis Youth
02-23-09, 10:08
The following T&C's are at the bottom of the page:

* The prices indicated are per room, for the number of people and the date(s) selected previously, unless otherwise specified (packages).
* Additional services (breakfast, half- or full board, etc.) are, unless otherwise stated, optional and paid directly at the hotel.
* Taxes are included in the prices or indicated in the tax breakdown. However, you may be required to pay some additional taxes upon arrival at the hotel depending on the local regulations in force.
* Conversion into foreign currency is given as an indication and is not binding. Only the currency confirmed during your reservation is guaranteed If payment is made in a currency other than that of the customer's country of residence, the conversion fees shall be charged to the customer.

Pita123
02-23-09, 12:21
It is GF. Also there is a side door on Soi 19 that can help you bypass the lobby. If you go through the front, you have to take an elevator up to the lobby and then another one to your room. I love the Westin due to the location.

I spend a LOT of nights per year in the Westin. Never had a problem bringing girls straight through the lobby at any time day or night. Typically my TGF comes up to the room herself. Once they asked her to leave her ID. I escorted her back to the lobby immediately to retrieve her ID as she was not happy.

But where is this door on Soi 19? Where do you arrive in the hotel?

M P Lurker
02-23-09, 20:23
Hi Soap Fan,

I don't think breakfast is compulsory.
Sure it can't be compulsory. I'm not hungry at breakfast time.
I'm too busy dining at the Y.

El Greco
02-24-09, 17:30
They sent me this yesterday. Valid for bookings from today until the 26th.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promotion/specials/supersale.shtml?xtor=EPR-5086

Kurt1962
02-24-09, 18:35
They sent me this yesterday. Valid for bookings from today until the 26th.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promotion/specials/supersale.shtml?xtor=EPR-5086Has anybody experiences, if ACCOR Hotels in BKK are GF? If yes, which ones in particular?

Thanks

Sick Boy3
02-25-09, 03:48
Dear ISG'ler,

Thanks a lot

WillYes. It is GF, but have the gal act like she has been there before. And not gawk at the place or else you will have to pay extra for her. Walk like you own the place when you get to the floor with the front desk. As you have to enter here to get to the elevator to go to your floor level. It probably has the best set up to get to the street. And to the LRT.

Evil Penivel
02-26-09, 21:18
TripAdvisor has published its lists of the dirtiest hotels in the world. In the Asia Pacific section, three Bangkok hotels - First Hotel, Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort and the Royal Pakview Hotel - make it into the bottom ten Dirtiest Hotels in Asia (http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels?nl=MU&pid=1595).

In fairness, there are far dirtier hotels in Bangkok than those three, it's just that the travelers who submit TripAdvisor reviews aren't likely to stay at the super-dumps. There are hotels and guest houses on Soi 3 and KhaoSan Road that are so dirty the bed sheets shimmer with body lice.

But indeed, there are much, much better options than these three "list of shame" hotels.

Evil

Stew2
02-26-09, 23:47
Has anybody experiences, if ACCOR Hotels in BKK are GF? If yes, which ones in particular?

Thanks

I took them up on this sale for the Asoke Residence... at 1330b/day a very good deal. I have heard it is gf, but will make my full report to confirm after visiting in June.

M P Lurker
02-26-09, 23:54
TripAdvisor has published its lists of the dirtiest hotels in the world. In the Asia Pacific section, three Bangkok hotels - First Hotel, Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort and the Royal Pakview Hotel - make it into the bottom ten Dirtiest Hotels in Asia (http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels?nl=MU&pid=1595).

In fairness, there are far dirtier hotels in Bangkok than those three, it's just that the travelers who submit TripAdvisor reviews aren't likely to stay at the super-dumps. There are hotels and guest houses on Soi 3 and KhaoSan Road that are so dirty the bed sheets shimmer with body lice.

But indeed, there are much, much better options than these three "list of shame" hotels.

Evil
LOL
I once met up with a girl near Victory monument and she took me to Short Time Hotel. The room stank like a sewer. This is far worse in my opinion than a little bit of dust. Sheet was clean.

I once checked out a Hotel room in either First Hotel or First House in Pratunam area. It was old and I could not find a power point in bedroom at all.

So I decided to go somewhere else.

Member #3428
02-27-09, 00:00
Has anybody experiences, if ACCOR Hotels in BKK are GF? If yes, which ones in particular?

Thanks

Accor is a huge group of hotels and all the ones I've stayed at are very GF... treating the girls just like they treat any other high paying guest.

Including the ones in BKK....

Rambis Youth
02-28-09, 03:22
Accor is a huge group of hotels and all the ones I've stayed at are very GF... treating the girls just like they treat any other high paying guest.

Including the ones in BKK....

That's interesting. I jumped in and booked Novotel Siam because it seemed like the best deal for a centrally located hotel. My research after booking tells me it's not GF. The hotel themselves say they charge a joiner after 8:00pm.

It's not a big deal for me as I play away from home mainly and it's a short trip. In a way I'm looking forward to staying in a new area. If I had my time over again though, I probably would have booked the Asoke Residence. Still at 1500 baht nett a night it's hard to complain.

Member #3428
02-28-09, 07:03
That's interesting. I jumped in and booked Novotel Siam because it seemed like the best deal for a centrally located hotel. My research after booking tells me it's not GF. The hotel themselves say they charge a joiner after 8:00pm.

It's not a big deal for me as I play away from home mainly and it's a short trip. In a way I'm looking forward to staying in a new area. If I had my time over again though, I probably would have booked the Asoke Residence. Still at 1500 baht nett a night it's hard to complain.

I always book mr and mrs and thankfully the mrs never shows up at booking time and i've never had a problem. I stayed at siam novotel 1 time but years ago and I might be getting old but I never remember a trip where I did not bring a girl back to my room.

John Euro
03-01-09, 16:37
Why would someone mongering need 5 star?

You must be very wealthy!

Most of us save wasted accomodation money for mongering.When I stay in BK I have to travel several times to areas outside BK for 2 or 3 day’s. Before I go back to BK I always search on the internet in advance for bargains in 4 or 5 star hotels, specially now in these recession days super bargains to be find, I also love to try new hotels.

You can't believe how big the damage is in this high level business or 5 star hotels due to the recession and airport troubles end last year, staff told me that so many company meetings or convections planned in Thailand hotels are cancelled for 2009.

I have spend a few nights in the Millenium Grande SUK for 3850thb/N include, tax, a magnificent ABF, free wireless with Club upgrade to a GDLX room, the place was just empty and it is excellent hotel with a good location.

The same story at Imperial queen park in soi 22, I stayed there even cheaper include club upgrade, free happy hour etc,

I have find the best deals at Asiarooms.com but check this on regular base and wait as longs as possible as there rate is changing day by day, Check also the same hotel there websites as well as they all offer good deals like 50% off or pay 2N, get the 3e one for free.

John

Warrior11
03-02-09, 23:48
I am planning a trip to BKK and am considering these three hotels. Has anyone stayed at any of these establishments and know if they are girl friendly?

Thanks in advance!

John Euro
03-03-09, 16:44
I am planning a trip to BKK and am considering these three hotels. Has anyone stayed at any of these establishments and know if they are girl friendly?

Thanks in advance!Imperial Queens park is excellent , great deals at this moment on there website but check also on www.asiarooms.com low pricing , they have low occupation at this moment , rooms are OK , I have been staying there twice in January , good location in Soi 22 with a lot of action around , If you leave the Imparial from the backdoor at the Restaurant trough the park you end up at the Emporium and in 5min. in Soi 33

John

Bonzo1
03-03-09, 16:59
Actually, I had the same question. A reason is that I'm going with business partners and will be doing a lot of normal tourist stuff in addition to mongering.

So, any recommendations for 4 or 5 star hotels which are very convenient for bringing back guests (very girl friendly)? I'm familiar with the JW Marriott in Nana (good choice), but how about other places? Also are there other good areas since I think we don't want to be be in Suk area?

Thanks!

-B-

Tall Tom
03-03-09, 20:04
I have had very good experiences with the Grand Hyatt Erawan. I found it to be GF, and it's just outside the Suk area (and reputation). It is only 2/3 Skytrain stops from Nana/Soi Cowboy so very convenient to entertainment. Spasso restaurant and nightclub is downstairs so an evenings entertainment can be arranged without leaving hotel. I love the place, but it is rather expensive compared to others. Good when on expense account and you can convince boss that it is important that you stay in a good hotel with good service. (And they do have good services.)

Washburn
03-03-09, 21:47

Conrad Hotel.

Bonzo1
03-04-09, 08:51
I have had very good experiences with the Grand Hyatt Erawan. I found it to be GF, and it's just outside the Suk area (and reputation). It is only 2/3 Skytrain stops from Nana/Soi Cowboy so very convenient to entertainment. Spasso restaurant and nightclub is downstairs so an evenings entertainment can be arranged without leaving hotel. I love the place, but it is rather expensive compared to others. Good when on expense account and you can convince boss that it is important that you stay in a good hotel with good service. (And they do have good services.)

Thanks. I was thinking about that place too, given that Spasso is in there and all, so it has to be G/F. Is there a private (or less open) entrance? I think in the basement near Spasso, right?

Do you think I could bring in two or three girls (or even more) and not be hassled there?

Thanks again -B-

Bloodstock
03-06-09, 20:37
Hey folks.

Looking for some good suggestions for some decent, not too expensive hotel in Bangkok this coming June. Will likely just stay a couple of nights before heading for Korat and Pattaya as well. But would like to live close to where the action is

Seeing as I've just been exploring the scene in Pattaya before, I have no clue where to go in Bangkok. So I'm looking just for the advice from those of you who have bigger experience with Bangkok.

Also, if you know. Please list about how far away with cab that places like MBK and Panthip is from the suggested hotel, and I'd be ever thankful. Have to take care of other needs too.

Pita123
03-07-09, 05:01
Hey folks.

Looking for some good suggestions for some decent, not too expensive hotel in Bangkok this coming June. Will likely just stay a couple of nights before heading for Korat and Pattaya as well. But would like to live close to where the action is

Seeing as I've just been exploring the scene in Pattaya before, I have no clue where to go in Bangkok. So I'm looking just for the advice from those of you who have bigger experience with Bangkok.

Also, if you know. Please list about how far away with cab that places like MBK and Panthip is from the suggested hotel, and I'd be ever thankful. Have to take care of other needs too.

Define "not too expensive" as it means different things to different fiends.

There is a great thread I recommend with lots of information on this topic. I'd look through the info there and if, after reading, you don't find what you need you can even post there and ask. Check it out: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1029&page=56&pp=15

Nibiru
03-07-09, 09:12
I have about 3 free nights at Hilton-I have found 2 in BKK. Anyone know which is ther better pick? Location to action and tourist attractions and GF?

Hilton Apt hotel in Abu Dhabi is very GF - hopefully the ones in BKK are as well.

If you can sugest an alternative if they are not, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kool Dude
03-07-09, 17:19
Imperial Queens park is excellent , great deals at this moment on there website but check also on www.asiarooms.com low pricing , they have low occupation at this moment , rooms are OK , I have been staying there twice in January , good location in Soi 22 with a lot of action around , If you leave the Imparial from the backdoor at the Restaurant trough the park you end up at the Emporium and in 5min. in Soi 33

JohnJohn,

During your stay at Imperial Queen's Park Hotel in January, did you find the hotel GF (no joiner fees).

Kool Dude

Teacup
03-07-09, 19:40
I have about 3 free nights at Hilton-I have found 2 in BKK. Anyone know which is ther better pick?

The Conrad is very good - and must be GF as there are always old, fat, bald blokes with their new friends at the breakfast buffet in the Executive Lounge.

Walkable from a BTS station, and they also run a shuttle up to the BTS every 20 minutes or so. The Hilton itself is on the river - there is a shuttle boat from the end of the BTS line, but it is more distant from the fun zones. Usually cheaper for points stays and paid stays than the Conrad, but decent (and GF) just the same.

Petersq
03-07-09, 23:09
Could somebody tell me whether the Plaza Athenee is girl-friendly?

What about the Sheraton Orchid? Thanks.

BionicMan
03-08-09, 00:16
In a few weeks my flight schedule sees a 23hrs lay-over in Bangkok from mid morning to the next mid morning
I was wondering what's the best hotel option.
Being a first timer in BKK, but not in Thai, I think I need to pay a visit to a couple of honoured establishements.Tulip? Eden? They might look bit of an obvious and basic choice for a newcomer in BKK. One has to do the basic first:)
Will see.
Needless to say I have RTFF, but still doubtful about the possible overnight hotel.
Not looking for a cheap one as it is part of a work travel.
Tempted by LL, but does it make sense for one night only?

Ranger775
03-08-09, 00:52
I have about 3 free nights at Hilton-I have found 2 in BKK. Anyone know which is ther better pick? Location to action and tourist attractions and GF?

Hilton Apt hotel in Abu Dhabi is very GF - hopefully the ones in BKK are as well.

If you can sugest an alternative if they are not, would be appreciated.

Thanks

I stayed at the Conrad last November and it is GF, but it eats up a lot of points and can be difficult to find. I was considering visiting the Millennium next time around but have not been ablt to confirm if it is GF.

I usually stay at the JW Marriott if I want to ambiance of a 5 star hotel. Also, I would consider just paying for the hotel rather than using points in Bangkok as even 5 star hotels tend to be much cheaper than other places, such as Dubai. Might be better to suck up the cost and safe the points. Just my suggestion.

Ranger775
03-08-09, 00:55
In a few weeks my flight schedule sees a 23hrs lay-over in Bangkok from mid morning to the next mid morning
Being a first timer in BKK, but not in Thai, I think I need to pay a visit to a couple of honoured establishements.Tulip? Eden? They might look bit of an obvious and basic choice for a newcomer in BKK. One has to do the basic first:)
Will see.
Needless to say I have RTFF, but still doubtful about the possible overnight hotel.

One advantage of LL is that you are about 15 seconds away from the girls and a good restaurant. So for a short time you might find it convenient to have a one stop shop rather than go out mongering.

M P Lurker
03-08-09, 01:10
One advantage of LL is that you are about 15 seconds away from the girls and a good restaurant. So for a short time you might find it convenient to have a one stop shop rather than go out mongering.
Of course you must go out mongering, otherwise would not have really experienced much of Bangkok. But LL is a convenient location to do that from. For an MP, its hard to go past Tulip, but Angel, or Thonglor 2 would be good alternatives. If you want a soapy, there is Nataree but have a look in Emmanuelle first (its nearby). Or up class look in La Belle.

Horntoad
03-08-09, 01:54

Thanks in advance!

You're talking about three different locations but I have stayed at Palazzo and they are very GF. They don't even ask for the girl's ID. If you like going to the soapies on Ratchada, this is a perfect location. The MRT is also close by.

Fon Tok
03-08-09, 03:22
In a few weeks my flight schedule sees a 23hrs lay-over in Bangkok from mid morning to the next mid morning...Tempted by LL, but does it make sense for one night only?I think that a deluxe room at LL would be a very good choice for 24 hours(+/-). It is a short taxi ride (departure level taxi/meter & no motorway <200baht) from the airport. You check-in, have a swim, relax a bit, maybe talk to Dr. G (if he's up), then take a short walk over to Sazanka for a 30-min body scrub to clean up a bit. After that catch the BTS or a taxi to Tulip for a mid-day session.

Afternoon? Have a bite to eat somewhere, head back to LL, rest a bit, maybe wander down Soi 33 to Love Teen for a massage by a young spinner, or stretch your legs a bit and visit Rin at Hana on Soi 22 for the best ball massage in town.

In the evening, check out the Sports Bar for a drink and some pool, and enjoy a meal at LL. I like to eat in the bar sometimes (the AC helps my digestion). Then head over to Soi Cowboy to see the parade. Grab a girl for short time somewhere, and then head back to LL and call a massage delivery shop for a late night (early AM) rub session. I've had good luck with Sabai Sabai on Soi 11. (...someone on the forum might have a suggestions for ST and/or a massage girl?)

Send the last girl home and sleep like a rock for 5 or so hours, enjoy your hearty breakfast in the morning (starts 8'ish or so), and head back to the airport. Give yourself a bit of extra time for morning traffic.

...with my suggested plan you're in for at least four pops of various variety (without much drama and pain). I'd save Eden and LT with a Sports Bar girl for another trip.

Giotto
03-08-09, 04:11
I think that a deluxe room at LL would be a very good choice for 24 hours(+/-).
... then take a short walk over to Sazanka for a 30-min body scrub ...
... wander down Soi 33 to Love Teen for a massage by a young spinner ...
... visit Rin at Hana on Soi 22 for the best ball massage in town.

... check out the Sports Bar for a drink and some pool ...
... Grab a girl for short time somewhere ...
... good luck with Sabai Sabai on Soi 11...

... four pops of various variety ...
Wow,

That sounds really good. I will consider to stay there one day (but I think I am already too old for that :) ).

Giotto

Fon Tok
03-08-09, 11:47
Wow, That sounds really good.....but I think I am already too old for that :) ). GiottoJust wait until you're 51! You'll need a walker to get over to the Office! :)

Ranger775
03-08-09, 13:23
Of course you must go out mongering, otherwise would not have really experienced much of Bangkok. But LL is a convenient location to do that from. For an MP, its hard to go past Tulip, but Angel, or Thonglor 2 would be good alternatives. If you want a soapy, there is Nataree but have a look in Emmanuelle first (its nearby). Or up class look in La Belle.

I stand corrected. I was just so enamored wth the girls at LL and the quality of the food at the restaurant, I did not have a compelling desire to seek entertainment elsewhere. Although I did on a number of occassions bar fine a girl at LL and go out to Nana and Soi Cowboy with the girl as my guide.

But you are correct there is a plethora of mongering experiences to be had in Bangkok

Easy2007
03-08-09, 13:35
I would suggest the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit.

Perfect location in easy walking distance to Nana Soi 4, Eden Soi 7/1, Beergarden Soi 7.

Straight outside the exit is also the Nana BTS station, so you can easily shoot on the BTS to Thonglor for Tulip.

Its a 5 star hotel, very girl friendly, and used by many for business trips, so nobody will raise an eyebrow at "where you stayed".

http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/Landmark_Hotel_Bangkok/

Always a good choice for "business and pleasure".

Superb steaks on their top floor restaurant too!

Will see.

BionicMan
03-08-09, 16:20
I think that a deluxe room at LL would be a very good choice for 24 hours(+/-). It is a short taxi ride (departure level taxi/meter & no motorway <200baht) from the airport. You check-in, have a swim, relax a bit, maybe talk to Dr. G (if he's up), then take a short walk over to Sazanka for a 30-min body scrub to clean up a bit. After that catch the BTS or a taxi to Tulip for a mid-day session. ................
...with my suggested plan you're in for at least four pops of various variety (without much drama and pain). I'd save Eden and LT with a Sports Bar girl for another trip.
Great program set-up Fon Tok! Thanks, mate
You hit the idea I had in mind, more or less....
I was just doubtful it made sense staying at LL for a time when one risks to stay out the major part of it.
Although I am not an intense mongerer in terms of quantity, I reckon tehre are a couple of experiences to be done as a must.
Appreciate the recommendation to leave Eden for a next time
You might ask for a commission to Dr G. as the room (mine) is nearly bought:))
But I'll need to buy also some V-medicine for such an intense program! LOL.
And on the other hand, even if it is for short stay better stay at some place well known and with high reputation (ISG friendly) rather than a boring 4-5 star hotels that fill well enough my intense traveling schedules.
So..Dr G. I will book in a week or two as the lay-over is in over 4 weeks.

BionicMan
03-08-09, 16:24
I stand corrected. I was just so enamored wth the girls at LL and the quality of the food at the restaurant, I did not have a compelling desire to seek entertainment elsewhere. Although I did on a number of occassions bar fine a girl at LL and go out to Nana and Soi Cowboy with the girl as my guide.

But you are correct there is a plethora of mongering experiences to be had in Bangkok
That was my fear, somehow, that LL is too good and for a 23hrs layover one is tempted just to stay there (I know, Dr G won't complain if I leave my money there rather than elsewhere:) and not going out to see (and experience) the other entertainments made famous by this forum (and by their own popularity).

M P Lurker
03-08-09, 16:38
I stand corrected. I was just so enamored wth the girls at LL and the quality of the food at the restaurant, I did not have a compelling desire to seek entertainment elsewhere.
I was giving the alternate view since most mongers are probably interested in sampling a wider variety of things including a slightly wilder scene, and since he mentioned Tulip and Eden, I didn't think he would be similar to yourself.

Your idea is absolutely fine for a certain class of guys looking for something a little different to the typical monger.

Stiffoak 571
03-08-09, 22:47
I was giving the alternate view since most mongers are probably interested in sampling a wider variety of things including a slightly wilder scene, and since he mentioned Tulip and Eden, I didn't think he would be similar to yourself.

Your idea is absolutely fine for a certain class of guys looking for something a little different to the typical monger.It is true from my experience last time at LL it is difficult to move on - on my second day I went off in search of MP (Nataree-quick change from BTS to MRT at Asoke) then in the evening a ST at Cowboy.

My advice for a first timer is just take various maps of MPs etc so that you have an "informed" choice (and it helps if you meet the map maker on soi 33 on your way out!)

BionicMan
03-09-09, 00:11

Your idea is absolutely fine for a certain class of guys looking for something a little different to the typical monger.
You are correct. Not that I want to all in the 23hrs, but a couple of visits can easily stay in the agenda and then experience LL too. Leaving a deeper survey of LL to a second opportunity.

SnuggyBoy
03-09-09, 11:15
Hi everybody!

Planning to be in Bangkok for 4 nights in April. Purely for mongering! Have been collecting dough for this trip since my wife left me. And want to have the time of my life in those 4 day.

This is going to be my first trip to Thailand. Have been mongering in Dubai for some time (no reports though. Sorry)

What I need is Info on hotels. Where I should stay to have max. Access to all the happening places. Obviously the hotel needs to be GF. Also, I want something cheap. Not extremely expensive, 'cause I want to save the dough for mongering

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John Euro
03-09-09, 11:32
John,

During your stay at Imperial Queen's Park Hotel in January, did you find the hotel GF (no joiner fees).

Kool DudeI think yes its GF, I have seen many farang walking in and out with Thai girls without any questions from security, the entrance hall is very big and there are 2 tower, for club tower elevators you pass the check in but the other one is on the right and away from the check in desk. Suggest you book a double room to avoid any add; fee, its only a small difference maybe. Look at asiarooms.com but also the special deals on there own website.

On this trip my Mrs was joining me when I stayed there so I did not bring anything in time.

The back entrance from the park is actually very late open also.

John

Giotto
03-09-09, 14:11
So..Dr G. I will book in a week or two as the lay-over is in over 4 weeks.Bionicman,

Appreciated.

Btw., don't worry about vitamins, we can organize that as well as adventure tours to the flower shops and the "Garden Eden" :) ...

Giotto

Giotto
03-09-09, 14:22
Its a 5 star hotel, very girl friendly, and used by many for business trips, so nobody will raise an eyebrow at "where you stayed".
Easy2007,

I don't understand this eyebrow raising thing, what does that mean :):):) ?

May be we should discuss it with some beer, when you are in Bangkok next time. A could reason for that could be Thaksins return to Thailand (may be after his extradition from Hongkong ???).

Take it EASY, Easy.... :)

Giotto

Easy2007
03-09-09, 14:51
Well, let me explain.

If someones expense sheets go back to their head office, and head office see "The Landmark Bangkok". They will think, or they can google, and find thats its a very respectable business/leisure hotel.

They will not know its very girl friendly, they would likely expect it not to be.

If the see a hotel bill that says "Livingstones Lodge" they will all likely suspect that someone has been partying and playing with the girls of Bangkok. The name LL does not exactly sound very "business orientated" does it.

Perception and image. You should understand that.

And come on, Landmark is a wonderful location, stones throw from Soi 4 and Soi 7. The Nana BTS just a stones throw away from the exit, very nice rooms, superb food and the ideal cover for a business trip (that includes lots of mongering too).

Easy2007,

I don't understand this eyebrow raising thing, what does that mean :):):) ?

Giotto

Giotto
03-09-09, 16:54
If the see a hotel bill that says "Livingstones Lodge" they will all likely suspect that someone has been partying and playing with the girls of Bangkok.
Easy2007,

Now - that's interesting. Why should somebody assume that a business traveller was "partying and playing with girls" if he reads "Livingstone's Lodge" on an invoice? Strange association!

As I remember David Livingstone's came from a very religious family - his father was even Sunday School Teacher :D !

Giotto

Giotto
03-09-09, 16:58
And come on, Landmark is a wonderful location, stones throw from Soi 4 and Soi 7. The Nana BTS just a stones throw away from the exit, very nice rooms, superb food and the ideal cover for a business trip (that includes lots of mongering too).Easy2007,

Just for the record: I find the Landmark overpriced, and the hotel is quite old.

If I had to select a hotel in that area I would stay in JW Marriots.

Giotto

Stew2
03-09-09, 18:48
Snuggyboy - the basic rule here is first do your homework, don't expect others to do it for you. All the answers to your questions are available with a perfunctory search. Further, nobody knows what you mean by "cheap" - some guys here are looking for 5 star hotels and consider anything less cheap, others are looking for backpacker lodging..., so questions have to be more specific to be useful. You will find prices on many postings. Also, there are lots of conversations here about GF hotels (there are some good listings you will turn up with a search) and advice about confirming with the hotel to make sure that is still its policy. So first RTFF. Then ask better questions and you'll get help. Good luck

Hi everybody!

Planning to be in Bangkok for 4 nights in April. Purely for mongering! Have been collecting dough for this trip since my wife left me. And want to have the time of my life in those 4 day.

This is going to be my first trip to Thailand. Have been mongering in Dubai for some time (no reports though. Sorry)

What I need is Info on hotels. Where I should stay to have max. Access to all the happening places. Obviously the hotel needs to be GF. Also, I want something cheap. Not extremely expensive, 'cause I want to save the dough for mongering

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Member #3428
03-09-09, 19:34
I think yes its GF, I have seen many farang walking in and out with Thai girls without any questions from security, the entrance hall is very big and there are 2 tower, for club tower elevators you pass the check in but the other one is on the right and away from the check in desk. Suggest you book a double room to avoid any add; fee, its only a small difference maybe. Look at asiarooms.com but also the special deals on there own website.

On this trip my Mrs was joining me when I stayed there so I did not bring anything in time.

The back entrance from the park is actually very late open also.

John

My only experience there was during the airport shut down when we got free rooms, there half the hotel seemed to be working girls so I don't think you'll have an issue and Queen Park.

BionicMan
03-09-09, 23:47
Easy2007,

Now - that's interesting. Why should somebody assume that a business traveller was "partying and playing with girls" if he reads "Livingstone's Lodge" on an invoice? Strange association!

As I remember David Livingstone's came from a very religious family - his father was even Sunday School Teacher :D !

Giotto

mumble ..mumble..I second Easy2007... but there are different ways to go around.
Certainly Livingtone Lodge does not associate with partying and playing, BUT. what if somebody takes the time to browse through the internet?
Your webpages are pretty much nice and not fully of posing girls, still....by visiting it the hint is given, no doubt.

Gospelsinger
03-10-09, 02:05

Thanks

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.I liked the "Admiral Premier" on soy 23 a lot. It is very guestfriendly and very close to soy cowboy.

http://www.admiralpremier.com/

Easy2007
03-10-09, 04:03
Giotto, you'll note that Bionicman appreciates the "impression" that a name gives in his last post with the "seconded".

Certainly the "Landmark" gives an "aura" of respectibility, and many people know it as they all will do some "Sukhumvit" shopping and will have seen the big Landmark Hotel there.

The JW is overpriced certainly, around about 100 US$ MORE expensive than the Landmark.

http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/Landmark_Hotel_Bangkok/

http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/JW_Marriott_Hotel_Bangkok/

The reason I said to BM about the Landmark is he wanted a "decent hotel" for a not "excessive price". The Landmark fits this bill.

If I am on pure company expenses I would choose the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit at Asoke, far better than the JW Marriot.

Sheraton Grande / JWM fill the 6K baht range upwards.

Landmark fills the business 4K to 5K range.

If you are looking for below 4K then there is a whole host of choices around Sukhumvit.......while I even notice Mick Licker stays at the S15 hotel a lot (for long periods of time not just an occasional one nighter).

Perception is key to many people.

Say you are staying at the Landmark, and anyone and everyone (in Bangkok too) will not bat an eyelid, they will just say "good location".

Say you are staying at Soi 33 perhaps, and anyone who knows Bangkok will think "Hostess bars/girls".

When in fact the Landmark is far better suited for bars and girls, being right next to Soi 4 and Soi 7 and the whole "Sukhumvit scene", and in fact is the same distance from Soi Cowboy as Soi 33, but for the lazy person the Landmark is easier to get to Soi Cowboy as you can simply walk a few steps (say 30 metres) and on to the Nana BTS and up to Asoke BTS (as opposed to lets say 140 metres from LL to the Phrom Phrong BTS).

An additiinal 110 metres in Bangkok's heat is the difference between a little bit of a sweat, and being soaked in sweat for a farang not used to it.

So, getting back to it, the Landmark is a reasonable price and with respectibility attached for the business traveller not wanting to be OTT on the price range. The rooms are very comfortable, and its girl friendly.

If you are looking for 1200 Baht to 2500 Baht range, then there is countless good location hotels on Sukhumvit, all girl friendly.

Just depends what you want, but for me, location is everything and being based somewhere between Soi 19 and Soi 4 is ideal :)

Easy2007,

Just for the record: I find the Landmark overpriced, and the hotel is quite old.

If I had to select a hotel in that area I would stay in JW Marriots.

Giotto

Giotto
03-10-09, 05:33
Say you are staying at Soi 33 perhaps, and anyone who knows Bangkok will think "Hostess bars/girls".
Easy2007,

Say you are staying at Landmark perhaps, and anyone who knows Bangkok will know that Nana is directly around the corner :) .

I think it is difficult to find a hotel here in Bangkok that is not close to any of those nightlife areas. May be those at the river ...

Giotto

Fifty Fifty
03-10-09, 08:27
I fully agree, perception is the key, however SOI 33 is maybe a bit 'old hat' as far as being 'known' for hostesses, girls etc. As far as I am aware, these days, the key words in BKK are generally Nana EP, Cowboy and Patpong whenever the 'dubious' entertainment is being discussed.

Marriot is ridiculously overpriced and service in Landmark, particularly the restaurant is plain crap. There are so many better hotels in a similar price range.

Just depends what you want, but for me, location is everything and being based somewhere between Soi 19 and Soi 4 is ideal :)Looks like SOI 11, President Grande and President Solitaire perfectly fit the bill then. In the 4K Baht range, excellent hotels with great service and of course GF. They also have the added attraction of being a little bit back off the madness of Sukhumvit, which may be a very positive thing during New Year festivities etc. Plus there is the ability to easily access from the back streets, thereby avoiding the traffic jams.

Halfway between Nana and Cowboy, take your pick :)

Cheers, FF

Boy Toy
03-10-09, 08:56
Hi,

Has anyone had any experiences at the Ccitadines 23 in any of thier visits?

I was looking forward at staying there in my upcoming trips.

BT

Striker34
03-10-09, 09:40
John,

Kool Dude

I had a great party there a few years back - lots of guys, lots of girls - not an eyebrow raised.

It is where the QANTAS pilots stay, so bound to be very used to WGs going in and out :-)

M P Lurker
03-10-09, 10:01
Looks like SOI 11, President Grande and President Solitaire perfectly fit the bill then. In the 4K Baht range, excellent hotels with great service and of course GF. They also have the added attraction of being a little bit back off the madness of Sukhumvit, which may be a very positive thing during New Year festivities etc. Plus there is the ability to easily access from the back streets, thereby avoiding the traffic jams.
The back streets have bad traffic jams if you pick the wrong time of day. Then you may be better getting the skytrain.
I know as have stayed at Soi 11 GP.
The taxi may take a long time to get to Panthip Plaza for example. Can be better to hail taxi on Sukhumwit road, to save trying to come out from Soi3.

John Euro
03-10-09, 18:19
Easy2007,

GiottoAs one said , the steaks at the top floor are the best in town but very expensive , for a quarter off that price I had a great steak at Livingstone a few weeks ago and the service was even better

John

SnuggyBoy
03-10-09, 19:46
Snuggyboy. The basic rule here is first do your homework, don't expect others to do it for you. All the answers to your questions are available with a perfunctory search. Further, nobody knows what you mean by "cheap". Some guys here are looking for 5 star hotels and consider anything less cheap, others are looking for backpacker lodging. , so questions have to be more specific to be useful. You will find prices on many postings. Also, there are lots of conversations here about GF hotels (there are some good listings you will turn up with a search) and advice about confirming with the hotel to make sure that is still its policy. So first RTFF. Then ask better questions and you'll get help. Good luckThanks Stew2! Sorry I was a bit new here. So couldn't be very specific! Did a bit of research and have narrowed it down to these.

1. Royal Asia Lodge Hotel

2. Manohra Hotel

3. P & R Residences

4. Residence Rajthevee

All of these are within my budget, although could go a little higher if I get more value for money.

Any help with the hotels above? From what I have gathered, all of these are GF, but which would be the best to stay in? Considering the location and cleanliness etc?

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

DG69
03-10-09, 20:12
Hi,

BT

I am not sure if it was Citadines 23, I may stayed at Citadines 16. But, anyway I guess they are all the same. The appartment was quite nice, though I didn't use the kitchen. Internet were Ok, the Hotel GF and the design of the rooms were very good. Also, the bed was quite nice.
But, they only clean up once every 3 days or every week, don't remember.
This might be a problem, if you stay longer.

M P Lurker
03-10-09, 21:01
Hi,

BT
I reckon to try too Citadines 23 or at Asoke Residence (19) at some point soon. Good location near BTS and MRT and Soi Cowboy, with pool, gym, wifi internet etc.
As friends stay at other Citadines, I reckon you can't go wrong, and this one quite newish.

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.742261,100.56123&spn=0.014194,0.0209&z=16

Member #3428
03-10-09, 21:07
I reckon to try too Citadines 23 or at Asoke Residence (19) at some point soon. Good location near BTS and MRT and Soi Cowboy, with pool, gym, wifi internet etc.
As friends stay at other Citadines, I reckon you can't go wrong, and this one quite newish.

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.742261,100.56123&spn=0.014194,0.0209&z=16

I'm told Citidines 23 is down where we ate that night Soap Fan... A little far for me personally. They do have a tuk tuk service I was told, but I got placed in Citidines Soi 11 for this trip starting Friday. Can switch between them as the rate is applicable for all four citidines in BKK.

I have contract with Ascott so Ascott / sommersets / and citidines I've never had much issue with (except soi 16 property is sometimes hard to get to or find for some taxi's) with them and enjoy their Manila locations and other country locations as well.

M P Lurker
03-10-09, 23:39
I'm told Citidines 23 is down where we ate that night Soap Fan... A little far for me personally. They do have a tuk tuk service I was told, but I got placed in Citidines Soi 11 for this trip starting Friday. Can switch between them as the rate is applicable for all four citidines in BKK.

I have contract with Ascott so Ascott / sommersets / and citidines I've never had much issue with (except soi 16 property is sometimes hard to get to or find for some taxi's) with them and enjoy their Manila locations and other country locations as well.

Citadines 23 is about 400 metres down Soi I believe (twice as far in as LL) marked on the Map I quoted. But Citadines Soi 11 is about 400m depth also, as its after Grand President, right?
I guess LL is just slightly closer to BTS than C23 but further from MRT.

Grand Millenium would be absolutely perfect location but pricey. FuramaXclusive looks good with cheap deals going on Agoda (closer to BTS).

But Citadines 23 on Agoda has 1.5K++ (with B/fast) for Studio Executive room (compact but functional). That's really good value I have to admit.

Member #3428
03-10-09, 23:46
Citadines 23 is about 400 metres down Soi I believe (twice as far in as LL) marked on the Map I quoted. But Citadines Soi 11 is about 400m depth also, as its after Grand President, right?

Grand Millenium would be absolutely perfect location but pricey. FuramaXclusive looks good with cheap deals going on Agoda (closer to BTS).

But Citadines 23 on Agoda has 1.5K++ (with B/fast) for Studio Executive room (compact but functional). That's really good value I have to admit.

We'll find out soon, I can switch to 23 if I want to no penalty and got a good contract rate. LL is great at 1800 and upgrade as that includes the wireless whereas others charge and such. But Giotto said he's parking a tank in front of the hotel to keep me out :) Or was that to protect me?? I keep getting that confused...

M P Lurker
03-10-09, 23:55
We'll find out soon, I can switch to 23 if I want to no penalty and got a good contract rate. LL is great at 1800 and upgrade as that includes the wireless whereas others charge and such. But Giotto said he's parking a tank in front of the hotel to keep me out :) Or was that to protect me?? I keep getting that confused...
Are you saying internet is not free at Citadines? how much?

Of course I am starting off at LL as usual. But I may need to keep a lower profile if not in full Sikorsky monger mode sometime.

Member #3428
03-11-09, 00:05

Of course I am starting off at LL as usual. But I may need to keep a lower profile if not in full Sikorsky monger mode sometime.

I was told it is extra. I'll PM you some other info.

BionicMan
03-11-09, 00:06
Easy2007,
Say you are staying at Landmark perhaps, and anyone who knows Bangkok will know that Nana is directly around the corner :) .
I think it is difficult to find a hotel here in Bangkok that is not close to any of those nightlife areas. May be those at the river ...
Giotto
You certainly make a point, no doubt, but - regardless of prices (within certain levels of course), for the reason you said (any hotel is close to some action, as BBK has action nearly everywhere) this supports the idea of a normal hotel or chain hotel, not suggesting anything dodgy and therefore making your stay legitimate.
I was once in China, and my other half was with me, in an international hotel and I told her I was going for a massage in the hotel health center. This did not raise an eyebrow and I got my nice happy ending by a cute young chinese. If I'd only say: I go to the massage house just around the corner, she might have suspected something. The fact I went to the massage of this internationally known hotel made the massage fully legitimate!

Giotto
03-11-09, 05:18
We encounter problems with the mailing system of our Website right now. The booking requests are not sent, in many cases.

If somebody requests a room booking and does not hear anything from us within 24 hours please send a mail to:

info@livingstones.co.th

We are working on it - and our ISP Loxinfo is involved. I hope that this problem will be fixed today.

Thanks.

Giotto

PinkPearl
03-11-09, 07:39
Hi everybody!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!I'd suggest the Nana Hotel on Soi 4. It would put you right across the street from the Nana Entertainment Plaza {NEP} which is full of bars and within a 15 minute walk from Soi Cowboy, a similar complex.

In between the two are all kinds of massage parlours {MPs}, street walking escorts {SWs}, and other places to pick up working girls.

It is girl friendly and moderately priced with rooms available from 1490 to about 3500 baht, or roughly 45 to 100 USD.

Pita123
03-11-09, 14:11

I had a couple of drinks in the bar at Citidines Soi 11 during the Princess' funeral. Everything was closed and I ended up finding their bar, Temple Irish Bar, open. Seemed like a nice enough establishment but there didn't seem to be any action in the bar.

Barko
03-11-09, 15:40

But Citadines 23 on Agoda has 1.5K++ (with B/fast) for Studio Executive room (compact but functional). That's really good value I have to admit.Just an aside: FurmaXclusive Asoke has good sized new boutique rooms with 32" LCD TV, DVD player, & sound system, a fantastic free breakfast, nice pool, free Internet, and practically right on the MRT and BTS. (3min max) I booked a friend from BC Canada there this last weekend using 'Wotif', three nights, 1499 Baht/night, he was a very very happy boy. (Totally blown away at such a great deal, and the location.)

Location: you have Soi Cowboy diag across the street, the Luxury and Exclusive MPs right behind you on Soi 19, and the Tops Market is right there too. The MRT escalators are 1 min from the hotel. Quality is better than Majestic, and WAY better than any of the Citadines, IMHO.

Word to the wise: Make sure when you do the booking, that you are making it for TWO PERSONS in the room each night.

Wotif:

http://www.wotif.com/hotels/thailand-bangkok-sukhumvit-hotels.html
(Scroll down to the "WotHotel" secret deal with the 4 1/2 stars hotel. It's for the FuramaXlusive Asoke.)

OR... See if this DIRECT link to the 'secret' deal works for you:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W59071&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

El Greco
03-11-09, 20:05

Citadines promotional rate 1.826 Baht net including of two breakfasts and complimentary broadband internet, as of today, for their 25m2 executive studios at Suk soi 8.

Member #3428
03-11-09, 20:12
Citadines promotional rate 1.826 Baht net including of two breakfasts and complimentary broadband internet, as of today, for their 25m2 executive studios at Suk soi 8.

1450 including tax and service fee, including internet and two for breakfast is the rate I got for corporate. Valid at any of the citidines four locations.

DG69
03-12-09, 07:18
1450 including tax and service fee, including internet and two for breakfast is the rate I got for corporate. Valid at any of the citidines four locations.

That sounds like a good deal. I payed 2 years ago about 2000 Bhat. Will try again, if I can get 1450 than I will check in for a week in April.

Member #3428
03-13-09, 03:16
That sounds like a good deal. I payed 2 years ago about 2000 Bhat. Will try again, if I can get 1450 than I will check in for a week in April.

As I said it was a corporate rate. Was Soi 11 and Soi 23 open two years ago? Plus I'm sure the economy and room occupancy helped lower the costs.

DG69
03-13-09, 07:38
As I said it was a corporate rate. Was Soi 11 and Soi 23 open two years ago? Plus I'm sure the economy and room occupancy helped lower the costs.

Sorry I was wrong I were in a Citadines, the one near Asoke in February 2008. I dealt directly with the Hotel manager and not via a travel or hotel agency. Also, I didn't tried to get a corporate rate.

Kuratla
03-13-09, 12:32
Having living in BKK for a quite a long time now, I've never needed to know anything about hotels. But now I do. I plan on taking my favourite Tulip girl to a long time hotel (it is impossible for me to take her to my home) for an all night fuckfest soon. But I don't know where to take her.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Kuratla

Ken Orvik
03-13-09, 20:01
I have tried most of the middle class hotels along sukhumvit, and I dont understand why you fellow mongers dont try out the new hotels from the Dynasty group.

I have stayed one time at the Dynasty inn Grande, and now I booked for April at the Dawin.

Both hotels are located in a quiet side soi from soi 4, and are just a 5 minute walk from Nana plaza.

The Dynasty inn grande and the Dawin costs about 2000 +/- and are just a great value for money.

Big, lovely decorated, brand new rooms, swimmingpool, In room safe, big bathrooms, free wifi, and of course very GF.

Try them. You will be surprised. I will never stay another place when I am in Bkk.

Ken.

Member #3428
03-14-09, 00:59
Got in yesterday, got a good rate and it's right up past grand president, not a bad walk to nana bts at all. Easy to taxi back from Soi 33 late at night and you don't have to walk through too much of the Nana vendor mess to get to the BTS steps.

Near Nana of course but didn't head down there last night, not sure what tonight holds either a non P4P, or going back P4P... Either way the hotel is guest friendly, and there was a jumping little bar inside full of european ladies last night; probably all on holiday but it was packed with them.

Breakfast is probably the worst of all the hotels I've had in all of Asia, runny scrambled eggs, toast and juice... Not that I pick my hotel on breakfast but my girl went home and I was wide awake so atleast I got some juices in me for the afternoon sessions...

Fitness center is small but sufficient, pool is a joke but empty and OK for laps, there is a little coin laundry also here. After one night, and a room change between girls, so far it's worth the rate. Will swtich to the soi 23 location later in week.

M P Lurker
03-14-09, 07:38
Breakfast is probably the worst of all the hotels I've had in all of Asia, runny scrambled eggs, toast and juice... Not that I pick my hotel on breakfast but my girl went home and I was wide awake so atleast I got some juices in me for the afternoon sessions...

Fitness center is small but sufficient, pool is a joke but empty and OK for laps, there is a little coin laundry also here. After one night, and a room change between girls, so far it's worth the rate. Will swtich to the soi 23 location later in week.
I like my scrambled eggs runny but don't eat toast.

Pool was a joke? meaning?

DG69
03-14-09, 10:12
I like my scrambled eggs runny but don't eat toast.

It's more a bath tube than a pool, on the roof of the building.;-) At least it's in Citadines Soi 23.
I like their beds, they are very comfortable, also I like the modern and light furniture and the fact that when opens the window there is always a nice cool breeze.
Also, the room and shower is very light, the drawback is that they not clean up every day. Except you pay extra.

Member #3428
03-14-09, 11:51

remember how fat i used to be? it's about that wide :)

Francesco24
03-14-09, 13:36
Hello, I would like to receive some help for my trip to BKK on May.

1) I'm looking for a cheap hotel (max 2k bath) with in-room internet and a decent size bathtub (it doesn't need to be really big, just to fit a normal man and a small sized thai girl)

My GF works in a company near SalaDaeng BTS so any hotel around that area would be a plus, but any place near a sky train or underground station would be fine too. Also, as I'll check in with my GF, it would be nice if the hotel doesn't look too much of a mongering place.

2) In case I find a nice girl during the morning/afternoon while my GF is at work, could you suggest a shor time hotel near the Beergarden? (where I was planning to have a look during my free afternoons)

I have no experience with short time hotel in BKK so I don't know how it works usually, but a place where I can spend 2-3 hours would be nice.

Thanks a lot!

PinkPearl
03-14-09, 14:04
Having living in BKK for a quite a long time now, I've never needed to know anything about hotels. But now I do. I plan on taking my favourite Tulip girl to a long time hotel (it is impossible for me to take her to my home) for an all night fuckfest soon. But I don't know where to take her.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

KuratlaI'm guessing you want to take her somewhere special, modern, and fancy,
so I won't recommend my usual suggestion of the Nana Hotel.

How about the 5 star JW Mariott, which is just around the corner?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkdt-jw-marriott-hotel-bangkok/

Barko
03-15-09, 19:13
Hello, I would like to receive some help for my trip to BKK on May.

1) I'm looking for a cheap hotel (max 2k bath) with in-room internet and a decent size bathtub (it doesn't need to be really big, just to fit a normal man and a small sized thai girl)

My GF works in a company near SalaDaeng BTS so any hotel around that area would be a plusYou may want to check this:

CentrePoint Silom (1900-2050 Baht including tax) the price depends on long you stay.
BTW, Wotif only charges a flat rate booking fee of 125 Baht for the entire stay:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W46638&page=1&viewType=all

Hotel: New condo style hotel. Large studio room with full kitchen & full size refrigerator, (includes plates, pots, pans, etc), in-room washing machine, full bathtub and stand alone shower, has a nice open feeling (45 sq meters), and good sleep-in type bed. Large hardwood Colonial style desk & furniture, free wired and wireless internet, 32" CRT wide TV w/DVD player and sound system, most rooms with views of the Chao Phraya River. Breakfast buffet is superb, Thai, Chinese, real Dim Sum, pastries, salads; eggs and french toast cooked to order. Room service is good & cheap, and the pool is about as good as it gets in BKK.

Also, this place is totally 'blind eye' guest friendly.

Accoutrement: Basement has a full sized Top's Market (grocery) with MK Sukiyaki and other food shops, next floor up is Robinson's (with a direct hotel entrance) McDonalds, Swensens, and KFC all in building, lots of other Chinese restaurants and noodle shops around there. Silom SkyTrain Station (BTS) is 3 minutes walk. SalaDaeng Station is 2 stops from there, about 4 minutes.

I've sent lots of people (multi-cultural, multi-national) here and they all rave about it. Thais especially like it because everything is right there. This is a condo type deal with daily maid service, not a hotel, so it may be a little business class sterile for you, but it's super clean, quiet, & classy, with an outstanding staff.

Hope this helps!

Pita123
03-15-09, 22:06
My GF works in a company near SalaDaeng BTS so any hotel around that area would be a plus, but any place near a sky train or underground station would be fine too. Also, as I'll check in with my GF, it would be nice if the hotel doesn't look too much of a mongering place.

You may want to check the new Le Meridien Bangkok. It is apparently near this the SalaDaeng BTS stations.

http://www.lemeridienhotelbangkok.com/

Pita123
03-15-09, 22:08

What is your budget?

Horntoad
03-16-09, 09:43
Has anybody stayed at The Key on Soi 19 lately? Was wondering if it is GF now. They're running a special for 1500b right now but if they add a joiner fee, then it isn't that much of a bargain anymore.

Kuratla
03-16-09, 14:28
What is your budget?2000 - 3000 baht for the room for the night is acceptable to me. A friend of mine mentioned a nice place over on Silom so I may look into that.

Kuratla

Barko
03-16-09, 15:11
You may want to check the new Le Meridien Bangkok. It is apparently near this the SalaDaeng BTS stations.

http://www.lemeridienhotelbangkok.com/Pita123,

Yo. The new El them is 9, 000 Baht per night bro. The intro invitational party promotion is 6, 000 Baht/night per couple, including tax, (two night minimum.) From what I saw last week, the place ain't done yet. (Extension ladders in the lobby messing with overhead electric. TIT)

Pita123
03-17-09, 04:33
Pita123,

Yo. The new El them is 9, 000 Baht per night bro. The intro invitational party promotion is 6, 000 Baht/night per couple, including tax, (two night minimum.) From what I saw last week, the place ain't done yet. (Extension ladders in the lobby messing with overhead electric. TIT)

On SPG.com it is only 5,000 THB per night.

I hear someone has been having a good time at Citadines on Soi 11 for a good price.

Member #3428
03-17-09, 07:48
On SPG.com it is only 5,000 THB per night.

I hear someone has been having a good time at Citadines on Soi 11 for a good price.

Yeah and Citadines on soi 23 is OK but they register guests. Soi 11 did not register guests, was near beer garden for take out and I guess nana but did not venture that way too much. The only complaint was that they never seem to know how to install bath tubs and curtains so when you showered it ran all over the bath mat and the bathroom floor.

Citadines soi 23... OK now is the time to hit cowboy area as it is right up the street and got it for the same as Citadines Soi 11, a nice move, some in Nana / Beer Garden Sukhumvit then closer to cowboy and soi 33 area... Only problem is my take out from beer garden will have to take longer to arrive now. But maybe I can find a decent take out to curb the appetite from cowboy for day time off hours...

Barko
03-17-09, 12:42
Has anybody stayed at The Key on Soi 19 lately?
Yes, they do have an 800 Baht joiner fee at The Key

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner Horntoad.

Prof buddy from Santa Barbara booked a suite there in Dec, when he arrived the room didn't have some of the things he wanted, no plates, no utensils, and no microwave in the obviously mondo retardo thing that passed for a kitchen (WTF is up with that? ). No windows in his room either. That night they hit him with the joiner and he flew into a rage on the front desk because he HAD booked 2 persons in the room. (Ewww) The next day he blew off The Key, canceled everything and filed a complaint with the CC company, then moved over the to the Bliston near Ploenchit. Full one bedroom suite, w/everything, near the BTS, and totally GF (it was 1000 Baht more/night but he figured it was well worth it.

Hope that helps.

Boy Toy
03-17-09, 13:14
Hi,

Has anybody lately stayed at the admiral premier on soi 23 near cowboy, I am getting a goo deal and an upgrade, room looks nice too from thier website and is probably just opened up, I called them and they do not charge joiner fees.

Vinny_Viagra
03-17-09, 16:39
I have stayed many times cheaply at the Ambassador on Soi 11 Sukumvit. It's not the classiest place especially the old section, but it is nicely located. In the past friends have booked it for me for incredibely low rates. Very friendly for guests too. all my info is about 10 years old...

Can anyone provide an update as to this hotel with more recent information.

Thank you

Horntoad
03-17-09, 19:20
I have stayed many times cheaply at the Ambassador on Soi 11 Sukumvit. It's not the classiest place especially the old section, but it is nicely located. In the past friends have booked it for me for incredibely low rates. Very friendly for guests too. all my info is about 10 years old...

Can anyone provide an update as to this hotel with more recent information.

Thank you

Definitely not GF anymore. Also the place has aged a lot. I didn't stay there but my friend did.

Horntoad
03-17-09, 19:22
Yes, they do have an 800 Baht joiner fee at The Key

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner Horntoad.

Prof buddy from Santa Barbara booked a suite there in Dec, when he arrived the room didn't have some of the things he wanted, no plates, no utensils, and no microwave in the obviously mondo retardo thing that passed for a kitchen (WTF is up with that? ). No windows in his room either. That night they hit him with the joiner and he flew into a rage on the front desk because he HAD booked 2 persons in the room. (Ewww) The next day he blew off The Key, canceled everything and filed a complaint with the CC company, then moved over the to the Bliston near Ploenchit. Full one bedroom suite, w/everything, near the BTS, and totally GF (it was 1000 Baht more/night but he figured it was well worth it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Barko, only reason I considered it was because WOTF and Latestays offered deals for 1490b a night. I always stay at the Grottino next door and ended up booking there again.

El Greco
03-17-09, 21:25
Ibis at soi Nana

I was in the area and went to check it out.

Shining brand new.

Actually not all the rooms are open yet. Very modern with small LCD tv and bathroom

Tiny rooms about 15-18 m2 I guess. Girl friendly for one, charges for the second girl if any. Small charge for the internet too.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7295-ibis-bangkok-nana/index.shtml

Baht 1.000 - 1.200. Breakfast is extra

Bob1000
03-17-09, 22:28
Ibis at soi Nana

I was in the area and went to check it out.

Shining brand new.

Actually not all the rooms are open yet. Very modern with small LCD tv and bathroom

Tiny rooms about 15-18 m2 I guess. Girl friendly for one, charges for the second girl if any. Small charge for the internet too.

Thanks El Greco. I will book a room for a couple of night to see if I like it. I don't have a problem with small space as long as it is functional and clean. Being new, I am sure they are spotless. Most hotels I used in Bangkok are always near perfect when new and start to deteriorate due to poor or improper maintaince-nothing I hate more than the mold growing in the grout join in the bath room.

Dextro Sol
03-17-09, 23:15
Small charge for the internet too.

I can live with extra for breakfast, but I refuse to live at a hotel that charges extra for internet... I can't understand why the do this to theirseles. I think most people today bring their laptops and likes to use internet while beeing indoors.. and would not like to pay extra for that, as many hotels has internet service included.

It's an easy choice to make.. The LL charges 1800 bht for their cheapest option, internet and breakfast are included.. so how much is the difference in price. OK... If it's a must to live close to NEP of course... But there are several other hotels with internet and/or breakfast included situated closer..

Just my point of view

BionicMan
03-18-09, 03:16
I can live with extra for breakfast, but I refuse to live at a hotel that charges extra for internet... I can't understand why the do this to theirseles. I think most people today bring their laptops and likes to use internet while beeing indoors.. and would not like to pay extra for that, as many hotels has internet service included.

It's an easy choice to make.. The LL charges 1800 bht for their cheapest option, internet and breakfast are included.. so how much is the difference in price. OK... If it's a must to live close to NEP of course... But there are several other hotels with internet and/or breakfast included situated closer..

Just my point of view
the hotel charges on internet would require a whole forum!
Go figure: I travel worldwide mainly for business in tons of hotels from 3 to 5 stars. Sometime it is free sometime you pay 5€ other times 12€....up to 18€ (peak I ever paid) for the same damn 24hrs access to the internet that is always the same all over the world! If I pay 5€ (or I have it for free) I have the same capacities when I pay 18€!
The same chain offers free internet in the USA and then overbills you in Europe...again, for the same damnd internet access.
Sometime I get furious...but I pay: they know that and they keep on charging! New income in a new economy! If I ever find the guy that some 15/20 years stated "internet is free!!!" I have something to tell him, now!

Run Mann
03-18-09, 03:21

Just my point of view
I agree, internet is not a luxury, it's a necessity and hotels would be more appealing if they included internet service in the basic room rate. Majestic Grande and the Hyatt Hotel are two of the better Hotels in BKK but I refuse to stay at either one of them anymore because of their excessive and incessant internet charge. The good news though is that there are many hotels including the smaller ones offering free internet service so there's no need to pay extra for that service.

NicFrenchy
03-18-09, 04:14
I agree, internet is not a luxury, it's a necessity and hotels would be more appealing if they included internet service in the basic room rate.

I agree, in 2009, the hotels NOT offering internet access as a FREE part of their services will no longer be the hotels of choice

El Greco
03-18-09, 07:21

Just my point of view

Agree with you. I don't care about breakfast because I very rarely have it but I do care about internet too.

I didn't say I was staying there. I only went to check it out and was trying to help a fellow monger asking questions about it.

Member #3428
03-18-09, 08:53
Citidines Soi 23.... OK construction is going on, the pool is closed and they put temporary fitness center in the parking garage... A decent place, a tad of a hike but easy access if only going to Cowboy. They did register my guest but they did not register the second guest. So confused how this works. However... found out our bed squeaks like an SOB and there was no hot water first day...

Went down to the front desk to ask them to change the bed out and standing in front of me was a guy complaining about noise from the next door room of a bed squeaking all night long. So smiling like the SOB I am I go to the next front desk lady and ask her to send maintenance up to the room to oil the bed or take it out as it squeaked all night long.

The guy looked at me grinning ear to ear and just walked off. Still waiting on the bed to be fixed or take the damn bottom part out, it was annoying as all bloody hell last night.

BionicMan
03-18-09, 15:16
I agree, in 2009, the hotels NOT offering internet access as a FREE part of their services will no longer be the hotels of choice
but at the end most of travellers will go in those hotels and pay (as I pay) those awful rates...:( I am not so sure the consumer will win, I am afraid.
Unless one starts to decline to go there saying "would be nice to check in at your place, but your internet charges turn me off"...
How many of us will do it on regular basis?

Butthole
03-18-09, 15:39
Hi Bob,

The Ibis is quite good. Nice clean interior, spanking new and best of all, free wifi internet but you have to book through agoda. It's chargeable otherwise.
I paid USD28 per night. No breakfast, no free newspaper but who cares right...

The only thing i hate was the small shower. You won't be able to get the girl to join you in there. And talking about girls, they don't bother me when i brought one back.

I'm not sure about the other hotel in Soi 4 area but i'm satisfied with Ibis.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Bob1000
03-18-09, 16:14
Hi Bob,

The Ibis is quite good. Nice clean interior, spanking new and best of all, free wifi internet but you have to book through agoda. It's chargeable otherwise.
I paid USD28 per night. No breakfast, no free newspaper but who cares right...

The only thing i hate was the small shower. You won't be able to get the girl to join you in there. And talking about girls, they don't bother me when i brought one back.

I'm not sure about the other hotel in Soi 4 area but i'm satisfied with Ibis.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Butthole,
Thanks for clarification about the free internet (I book all my travel with Agoda now as they have the best price I found among all the Asian Hotel website). I agree with all ISG members here that free internet is a basic requirement for a hotel stay.

NicFrenchy
03-18-09, 17:11

I do it all the time. No Internet = I change hotels

Butthole
03-18-09, 17:45
Oh yeah... ISG website is not accessible using this hotel's internet. :(

Run Mann
03-18-09, 17:54
but at the end most of travellers will go in those hotels and pay (as I pay) those awful rates...:( I am not so sure the consumer will win, I am afraid.
Unless one starts to decline to go there saying "would be nice to check in at your place, but your internet charges turn me off"...
This is similar to the joiner fees issue; consumers will win if they pass on that hotel that insists on charging for internet. If you want to change any system you have to start by not accepting the norm. Some hotels now even offer internet stations with computers to their customers because they recognize it is a basic necessity.

Member #3428
03-19-09, 07:10
Citidines Soi 23... is definitely not as good in terms of service staff as Citidines Soi 11 and 23 is farther from the BTS station then 11 is. The only good thing about location is that it is near cowboy, however I have not been one time yet to cowboy this trip.

Soi 23... take an ID of every girl every time even though it is day time... And they flash out my file of attached ID pages for every new girl and it's like a friggin record book, they are not discrete at all. I have two girls I've seen a few times and they go through the same procedure the same time and they see the entire book of my history every time. It was starting to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off. At Soi 11 the staff applauds when you are switching girls in the middle of the night :)

No hot water, replace the hot water unit, the shower drain clog up and no staff to fix until next day, the bed squeaked like an SOB and they would not remove it so I turned it up against the window and put the mat on the floor. Yesterday they did not want to make up the room until 5:45 pm... I had the door locked as I was in a joiner session and then a phone call comes if I not open door htey not clean my room as they go home at 6 pm... I said bloody hell you had all friggin day to clean this now I'm shagging and you will wait.

Today I got them to clean up early and they want to charge extra to clean again and for extra towels. Soi 11, they were full up but cleaned the room multiple times a day, changed towels and sheets whenever etc... Just the entire feel of Soi 23 is against you where as Soi 11 Citidines was welcoming.

Oh.. construction right above my room and they say they will finish on my check out day, but as of now, it's loud as hell.

So for me, the three things I need when I travel and in a room is 1) a nice clean bed (this one was noisy as hell) so Strike 1... 2) a clean bathroom that works... Strike 2... 3) some peace if you want it to rest in day STRIKE 3... To add to it, they treated my guests (and the members that know me know I do not take home skank or sluts or such) with disdain which I will not tolerate.

Citidines Soi 23 did not make the cut this trip. Citidines Soi 11 passed with flying colors and went above and beyond for same price. Due to traffic, from Soi 33, the taxi is the same as to Soi 23 late at night, due to walking Soi 11 is closer to BTS, and at Soi 11 you have more options of where to monger where as Soi 23 you are pretty much limited to Cowboy area.

Fifty Fifty
03-19-09, 08:35
Butthole,
Thanks for clarification about the free internet (I book all my travel with Agoda now as they have the best price I found among all the Asian Hotel website). I agree with all ISG members here that free internet is a basic requirement for a hotel stay.

Having tried em all, I can say that Asiatravel definitely has some of the best rates when comparing the whole packages, which usually include Breakfast and Internet, whereas Agoda packages are often devoid of inclusive breakfast etc. I gave up using them on that basis alone.

In order to get more details I use booking.com for reviewing hotels as they give very explicit details on internet charges for most of their arrangements.

Asiarooms and Tripadvisor have the best impartial reviews from customers too.

Armed with a combination of info from all these sites I will make my reservation to suit requirements, however two of them are most definitely FREE WiFi and inclusive Buffet Breakfast.

Given present downturn in business etc I have recently contacted the Hotels directly and been able to nail a deal with a price as good as the cheapest website and inclusive of my WiFi and breakfast requirements too.

Recently I chose a Hotel that I knew charged for WiFi, however I really wanted to stay there for other reasons. Whilst checking in I asked if Internet was free, when told there would be a small charge, I said I would cancel my 5 nights and only stay one - I was then given a free WiFi Login and Password with seemingly indefinite life !! (No, I only give it to trusted friends - dont ask cos its in Samui anyway)

There are always ways round it, including standing with ones laptop at the window and knobbing a WiFi signal from elsewhere if necessary, however stealing breakfast requires more persuasive powers. Usually a good 500 Baht tip will do it in buffet style places, then you can often eat with the rest of em throughout your stay.

Wearing Good shoes sometimes helps too :)

Cheers, FF

Daddy07
03-19-09, 11:09
...stealing breakfast requires more persuasive powers. Usually a good 500 Baht tip will do it in buffet style places, then you can often eat with the rest of em throughout your stay.

Wearing Good shoes sometimes helps too :)...

For 500 baht I can eat 10 hearty breakfasts in Pattaya, and enjoy doing so while wearing my blue plastic sandals. :)

Cheers,
Daddy

NicFrenchy
03-19-09, 12:06
and enjoy doing so while wearing my blue plastic sandals. :)

I hope you do not wear your sandals in bed LOL

Fifty Fifty
03-19-09, 12:15
For 500 baht I can eat 10 hearty breakfasts in Pattaya, and enjoy doing so while wearing my blue plastic sandals. :)

Cheers,
Daddy

I will hopefully be in Pattaya in June, I must give the 50 Baht breakfast a try - do I need to buy some special sandals ?? :)

Actually I was referring to tipping the Restaurant Manager in a reasonable Hotel so as to be able to join the regular paid up members of the buffet breakfast team - all in matching sandals ?? !!
Understood the hotel is always going to be more expensive to eat in than most nearby local restaurants. I always eat out, except when I am DATY of course, but then there are even exceptions to that rule too.

Cheers, FF

Daddy07
03-19-09, 12:18
I hope you do not wear your sandals in bed LOL
No, but after wearing the obligatory business suit and tie, together with proper leather shoes for more years than I can count during my former forgotten career in the states, I now relish the fact that sandals and short pants are the attire of choice here in Pattaya. With them I can still get the girls, P4P and non P4P.

If my luck holds out, I shall never wear a suit and tie again, and my collection of leather shoes can rot in my daughter's closet.

Life is good.

Daddy07
03-19-09, 12:28
I will hopefully be in Pattaya in June, I must give the 50 Baht breakfast a try - do I need to buy some special sandals ?? :)...
Be sure to NOT bring your fancy shoes. You won't need 'em here, mate.

For breakfast, how 'bout some delicious khow moo dang: 30 baht. :)

As for sandals, just buy what is most comfortable. Some 20 baht flip flops will do just fine, though I prefer something a bit more fashionable in the range of 200-400 baht. :D

Cheers,
Daddy

NicFrenchy
03-19-09, 16:12
though I prefer something a bit more fashionable in the range of 200-400 baht. :D

Wow, careful there, 400 thb is like 2 ST for Opebo... don't let him see this, he might have a heart Attack! :D (I am kidding)

Ivanba
03-21-09, 18:22
I was not sure where to post this - sorry if there is a better place.

I will be spending a fair amount of time in BKK in the near future and the place I'm staying at does not have a pool that is suitable for lap swimming. Does anyone know of place where I can go lap swimming? Any private/membership gyms with an outdoor lap pool? Any public facilities?

Thanks

Sainter21
03-24-09, 06:39
Plenty of reports....some good, some bad, on these places and others, but I've narrowed it down to these three.
I like the location of these places, they have pools and they are a similar price on Agoda...but damm if I can decide.
Anyone stayed at two or all of these places for a comparison.

Cheers.

Bob1000
03-24-09, 08:23
Plenty of reports....some good, some bad, on these places and others, but I've narrowed it down to these three.
I like the location of these places, they have pools and they are a similar price on Agoda...but damm if I can decide.
Anyone stayed at two or all of these places for a comparison.

Cheers.

I have stayed at both the Darwin and Majestic Grande. The rate of the Majestic Grand at $66+tax is a bargain. I would definitely stay at the MG at that price.

Fon Tok
03-24-09, 08:36
I will be spending a fair amount of time in BKK in the near future and the place I'm staying at does not have a pool that is suitable for lap swimming. Does anyone know of place where I can go lap swimming? Any private/membership gyms with an outdoor lap pool? Any public facilitiesIf you will be staying in the Silom/Sathorn District there's two very good 25 meter pools that you can pay (not much) to swim at: 1) the Trinity Complex; and 2) The Oasis Apartment on Soi Phiphat.

Both are less than a 5-minute walk from the Chong Nonsi BTS station.

Barko
03-24-09, 09:33
I have stayed at both the Darwin and Majestic Grande. The rate of the Majestic Grand at $66+tax is a bargain. I would definitely stay at the MG at that price.Seconded.

I visited a friend at the Omni, it's off the list bro, forget it.

Agoda is $234/3 night special total inc tax: Good deal. The Grande Superior Executive with much larger room and balcony is $290/3 night special total is an exceptionally good deal at that price.

MG is blind eye girl friendly and right in the middle of the madness.

Enjoy it & have fun!

Navy Max
03-24-09, 10:43
Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie here. Need some help. It's my first time to Bangkok. I have a really good travel package from HK to BKK for 4 days. They gave me two choices. Marriott Courtyard or Pullman. They both seem to be the same distance from all the action. But which place would you choose? I want to be sure they are Guest friendly.

Are they too far from the action? Please recommend a similar place that maybe closer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Run Mann
03-24-09, 12:15
this is a follow up to the earlier discussion about hotels that do not provide free internet service; the mg apparently has gotten the message or business must be worse than bad. whatever the reason, they are now providing free internet service and a host of other complimentary offerings. the price of $81.00 from agoda makes this one of the better deals in bangkok. the text below is from their website.

special additional privileges

1). complimentary choice of breakfast:-
>exclusive buffet breakfast at the executive lounge on the roof-top..or
>buffet breakfast in dine@7, poolside coffee shop.

2). complimentary canapes and snacks with refreshment including coffee, tea and soft-drinks at the executive lounge from 11:30-16:30 hrs.

3). complimentary happy hour with choice of standard alcoholic beverages and light cocktail snacks at the executive lounge from 17:30-20:30 hrs.

4). complimentary daily use of high speed internet with 24-hour access.

5). complimentary daily two bottles of mineral water in room.

6). complimentary use of local calls within bangkok area (excluding mobile phone).

7). 20% discount for laundry or pressing service.

8). 15% discount for food & beverage (excluding mini-bar,room service
and any special promotion / buffet).

9). 15% discount off business facilities.

BionicMan
03-24-09, 16:55
This is a follow up to the earlier discussion about hotels that do not provide free internet service; the MG apparently has gotten the message or business must be worse than bad. Whatever the reason, they are now providing free internet service and a host of other complimentary offerings.
maybe they have done their homework and..RTFF and adjust their proposals according to demand and market! lol

Stew2
03-24-09, 17:57
those perks are great, but at $81, i'd rather see a drop in price and give up canapes, cocktails, and most of the rest of it (except i do agree with the need to offer free internet). alot of that is pretty irrelevant to my needs when traveling (can't thnk of thre last time i had something pressed, or wanted yet another drink when going out mongering evenings anyway)...

just my opinion, i know tastes and interests differ. but in case they are rtff, better to know that some of us would be served by lower prices more than any other perk!

this is a follow up to the earlier discussion about hotels that do not provide free internet service; the mg apparently has gotten the message or business must be worse than bad. whatever the reason, they are now providing free internet service and a host of other complimentary offerings. the price of $81.00 from agoda makes this one of the better deals in bangkok. the text below is from their website.

special additional privileges

1). complimentary choice of breakfast:-
>exclusive buffet breakfast at the executive lounge on the roof-top..or
>buffet breakfast in dine@7, poolside coffee shop.

2). complimentary canapes and snacks with refreshment including coffee, tea and soft-drinks at the executive lounge from 11:30-16:30 hrs.

3). complimentary happy hour with choice of standard alcoholic beverages and light cocktail snacks at the executive lounge from 17:30-20:30 hrs.

4). complimentary daily use of high speed internet with 24-hour access.

5). complimentary daily two bottles of mineral water in room.

6). complimentary use of local calls within bangkok area (excluding mobile phone).

7). 20% discount for laundry or pressing service.

8). 15% discount for food & beverage (excluding mini-bar,room service
and any special promotion / buffet).

9). 15% discount off business facilities.

Traveler1234
03-24-09, 18:21
If you will be staying in the Silom/Sathorn District there's two very good 25 meter pools that you can pay (not much) to swim at: 1) the Trinity Complex; and 2) The Oasis Apartment on Soi Phiphat.

Both are less than a 5-minute walk from the Chong Nonsi BTS station.

Are there facilities to lock up stuff, change, shower, etc. at either location - I do laps and would be interested. Also, what are their hours?

Did a google search and is this the same trinity complex: http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/trinity/ ?

Run Mann
03-24-09, 19:26
Those perks are great, but at $81, I'd rather see a drop in price and give up canapes, cocktails, and most of the rest of it (except I do agree with the need to offer free internet). Alot of that is pretty irrelevant to my needs when traveling (Can't thnk of thre last time I had something pressed, or wanted yet another drink when going out mongering evenings anyway)...

Just my opinion, I know tastes and interests differ. But in case they are RTFF, better to know that some of us would be served by lower prices more than any other perk!

You would be hard pressed to find a plush 4/5 star hotel (which the MG easily is) in a major metropolitan area any where in the world for less than $81.00 but I would also welcome a lower price. However, I don't think it will happen, after all they are running a business and as such do have bills to pay but it appears that they are making an effort to improve customer relations, maybe others will follow their lead.

Fon Tok
03-24-09, 20:52
Are there facilities to lock up stuff, change, shower, etc. at either location - I do laps and would be interested. Also, what are their hours? Did a google search and is this the same trinity complex http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/trinity/ ?Yes. Oasis, which I know well, has lockers, showers, etc. http://www.theoasissilom.com/index.html

The Trinity pool is actually in the Trinity Tower (office and apartments) just across from the hotel. I haven't been there so I don't know their set-up personally, but here's the web site:. http://www.trinitycorp.com/html/fitness_center.html

Capt JB
03-25-09, 01:43
Majestic Grande is one of the better hotels right in the action area. Excellent rooms, breakfast is good, and location, location, location.

Nice fitness center with steam room ect. Only negative thing I found is the swimming pool is pretty cold as the sun is blocked by the JW Marriott hotel.

Stew2
03-25-09, 02:26
I take your points Capt JB and Run Mann - did not mean to denigrate Majestic in any way - simply expressed a preference for lower prices over perks I don't care about. I imagine many others share that view. Of course, for those who can afford or are on expense budgets, the picture may be different.

Mindmatter
03-25-09, 03:51
Hi all,

I have searched the forums and since this is a fairly new hotel I have not seen any reports of people staying there. Does anyone know if it is girl friendly? I will make reservations for 2 but was just curious if anyone has stayed there.

If not I will report my findings after I return. Thanks all for your help.

Francesco24
03-25-09, 20:57
Hello,

I try to ask again if sombody could suggest me a short time hotel in the Beergarden area where it's possible to spend about 2 hours with a girl during morning or afternoon.

Thanks again!

Bob1000
03-26-09, 01:56
Hello,

I try to ask again if sombody could suggest me a short time hotel in the Beergarden area where it's possible to spend about 2 hours with a girl during morning or afternoon.

Thanks again!

Francesco24. Try PB hotel on Soi 3. It is a five minutes taxi ride from Beergarden. The last time I went there for a short time (two hours), they charged me 300 bahts. Virtually all taxi drivers know how to get to PB hotel if they work the Suk area. They will also provide condoms (for a fee) so that you don't need to stop by 7-Eleven. You could walk there from Beergarden but your lady would most likely object to expose herself in the sun for too long.

Ivanba
03-26-09, 23:11
Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie here. Need some help. It's my first time to Bangkok. I have a really good travel package from HK to BKK for 4 days. They gave me two choices. Marriott Courtyard or Pullman. They both seem to be the same distance from all the action. But which place would you choose? I want to be sure they are Guest friendly.

Are they too far from the action? Please recommend a similar place that maybe closer.

Thanks in advance for your help!I stayed at the Pullman recently and will stay there again. It's a great hotel. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty "local" with plenty of good street food and restaurants.

M P Lurker
03-27-09, 21:10
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance for your help!
Pullman is in Ratchathewi district near Victory monument BTS station. Not really close to 'action' except for soapies J-One (not recommended) and ChaoPhraya II.

Courtyard by Marriott is reasonably close to Chitlom BTS station I believe. Use Google Maps search. Its closer to Sukhumwit action shown on this Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.731631,100.561552&spn=0.052611,0.057077&z=14

I have not stayed at either as too posh for me.

Gospelsinger
04-03-09, 06:40
Hi,

Has anybody lately stayed at the admiral premier on soi 23 near cowboy, I am getting a goo deal and an upgrade, room looks nice too from thier website and is probably just opened up, I called them and they do not charge joiner fees.I stayed there last summer and can recommend it.

The location is great, they were very girlfriendly, wifi was great, breakfast was great (and included in the price for two persons), I booked via the internet and when i arrived in the hotel at 8 am i could use my room which was officially not mine till 2 pm.

Belmont
04-09-09, 05:51
Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel
How is the GF frienliness here?
I'm sure it's in the forum.
(BUT JACKSON TAKE NOTE) THE FORUM SEARCH FUCTION SUCKS, BIG TIME!!!
Any info appriciated! I have points I can use but don't know???
Thanks in advance,
Belmont

Horntoad
04-09-09, 11:00
Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel
I'm sure it's in the forum.
(BUT JACKSON TAKE NOTE) THE FORUM SEARCH FUCTION SUCKS, BIG TIME!!!
Any info appriciated! I have points I can use but don't know???
Thanks in advance,
Belmont

It is GF but you do realize it is pretty far from everything?

Rim Luver
04-10-09, 05:19
Those perks are great, but at $81, I'd rather see a drop in price and give up canapes, cocktails, and most of the rest of it (except I do agree with the need to offer free internet). Alot of that is pretty irrelevant to my needs when traveling (Can't thnk of thre last time I had something pressed, or wanted yet another drink when going out mongering evenings anyway)...

Just my opinion, I know tastes and interests differ. But in case they are RTFF, better to know that some of us would be served by lower prices more than any other perk!I am looking for a place for late May. The website has the rooms with all perks at around $140 a night US. Can you tell me where you found the $81.

M P Lurker
04-10-09, 07:26
I stayed there last summer and can recommend it.

The location is great, they were very girlfriendly, wifi was great, breakfast was great (and included in the price for two persons), I booked via the internet and when i arrived in the hotel at 8 am i could use my room which was officially not mine till 2 pm.
Have to agree looks very good indeed:
http://www.admiralpremier.com/z1041/facilities.html
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/admiral_premier_hotel.html

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.73999,100.564449&spn=0.004971,0.00706&z=17

Pool, fitness, free wifi, etc. and close to Soi Cowboy, MRT, and BTS. Less than 10 min walk to soapy La Belle.

M P Lurker
04-10-09, 08:43
Notice that Agoda Hotel Maps has improved a lot to use Google Maps now:
http://www.agoda.com//asia/thailand/bangkok/maps/sukhumvit.html

Still some placement markers a bit inaccurate though and some hotels have no pin yet, e.g. Woraburi

Stew2
04-10-09, 08:44
I am looking for a place for late May. The website has the rooms with all perks at around $140 a night US. Can you tell me where you found the $81.

It was mentioned by Run Mann as coming from Agoda.

Rim Luver
04-11-09, 03:13
It was mentioned by Run Mann as coming from Agoda.I guess it would help if I could read.

Thank you

Ivanba
04-13-09, 17:59
It is GF but you do realize it is pretty far from everything?

I've stayed there - reminded me of a large cruise ship - not really my thing. It's not at all convienient - they run two ferry boats and if you miss one you are waiting 20 minutes to cross the river. To reach the Nana area you should plan on 45 minutes - time to wait for a boat, cross the river, get to the train, wait for the train, take the train/transfer - it adds up.

Stew2
04-14-09, 11:15
I guess it would help if I could read.

Thank you

haha... no problem. we all do that sometimes. It's only in retrospect, after someone pointed it out, that things like that seem obvious.

Rambis Youth
04-14-09, 14:40
Check out the Wotif mystery hotel
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W66276&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Seems very similar to:
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W39782

If so probably the best deal going at the moment.

Rambis Youth
04-15-09, 04:14
Check out the Wotif mystery hotel
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W66276&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Seems very similar to:
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W39782

If so probably the best deal going at the moment.

Just an update on this. Definitely the Marriott, I made a booking today. I think I prefer the SGS but at this price not worth the extra baht.

Andy1974
04-15-09, 18:27
Has anyone stayed at the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel by Accor on Soi 6, is it Girl friendly?

Thanks in advance

Andy

GreenRoamer
04-16-09, 11:00
I would strongly recommend Livingstones, African-syle "boutique" hotel in Soi 33. Swimming pool, free internet, girl friendly, sports bar with obliging girls most with good English.

Given the unstable state of Bangkok, another advantage is that you do not really have to move from Soi 33 for all "activities": massage parlours, lady bars, spas for (non-sex) treatments, restaurants, English pubs, shopping, all within walking distance. Took the two-girl option in de luxe room at "Love Teen", nice... Cost was 1100 baht plus 2000 baht tips.

Soi Cowboy is one train stop away if go-go bars are your thing. Staring hour after hour at girls barely out of puberty jigging about is not my idea of fun... a bit sad.

Ranger775
04-16-09, 12:28
I would strongly recommend Livingstones, African-syle "boutique" hotel in Soi 33. Swimming pool, free internet, girl friendly, sports bar with obliging girls most with good English.

Given the unstable state of Bangkok, another advantage is that you do not really have to move from Soi 33 for all "activities": massage parlours, lady bars, spas for (non-sex) treatments, restaurants, English pubs, shopping, all within walking distance. Took the two-girl option in de luxe room at "Love Teen", nice... Cost was 1100 baht plus 2000 baht tips.

Soi Cowboy is one train stop away if go-go bars are your thing. Staring hour after hour at girls barely out of puberty jigging about is not my idea of fun... a bit sad.

Andy1974

I echo GreenRoamers setiments regarding LL. I stayed there for the first time last November and wrote an extensive report about the stay. You can find it by searching the thread.

John Euro
04-18-09, 16:23
Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel.

BelmontI have been staying there mid February for 5 N and many guy’s walking in with local girls and I never have seen staff questioning the guest, I was limited because Mrs was staying with me just that week, easy to take a girl out from Soi Cowboy because it’s just next door.

There is also a back entrance from soi 23 if you like, mainly no security there for the best rate check www.asiarooms.com

John Euro

Wammy
04-20-09, 02:26
Can anyone tell me if the Davis is GF?

Member #3428
04-20-09, 08:59

Was very GF when I was there. Last stay was over a year ago however.

Acerboy
04-20-09, 09:46
Can anyone tell me if the Davis is GF?Yes gf as far as I know. I walked in my 2 girls.

Member #4611
04-20-09, 11:25
I have been staying there mid February for 5 N and many guy’s walking in with local girls and I never have seen staff questioning the guest, I was limited because Mrs was staying with me just that week, easy to take a girl out from Soi Cowboy because it’s just next door.

There is also a back entrance from soi 23 if you like, mainly no security there for the best rate check www.asiarooms.com

John EuroThe Millennium Hilton is on the far side of the river .. its the place that was supposed to be the Sofitel that was empty for almost 10 years.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BKKHITW-Millennium-Hilton-Bangkok-hotel/index.do
The Millennium close to cowboy is the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit
http://www.millenniumhotels.com/th/grandmillenniumsukhumvitbangkok/attractions/index.html

Cheers

DG69
04-20-09, 20:03

I stayed in Davis last October. They had special price because they just opened. Was about 1900 Baht. What is they price now?
The Hotel is GF, just some of the staff (the lead night manager (lady with colourful scarf around her neck) made some obstacle. I guess if you come in with two girls, you will have problems.

Wammy
04-21-09, 01:40
Thanks For The Feed Back Guys.

Jarod Taz
04-21-09, 08:31
Hi everyone,

I was searching for some intel about Jasmine Executive Suites. It is spiting distance to Soi cowboy but I wonder if proximity guarantees Girl Friendliness status (Similar to Nana Hotel)

I am also wondering what is the sit Rep on the ground. Anyone can comment on the current mongering situation. Is it still a fertile ground for this hobby of ours?

I have being to BKK 3 to 4 X so I am not a newbie but always learning. I remember talking to a friend who got stuck at the airport this last time and wish I never had to go through that!

As always thank you all for your input!

Fun And Sun
04-22-09, 10:25
Quick hotel update, hope it is helpful since getting the right hotel is in my opinion absolutely critical to having a good mongering trip.

I stayed at Dynasty Inn (Soi Nana, literally a stone throw away from Nana plaza) during the first two days. This place is a bit more run down than last time I was staying there, a few water stains on the ceiling, and cockroach traps in the corners. Upside is that you can bring in two girls for threesomes without problem (at least that was my experience).

Got feed up on day two since I felt the room too dark and depressing, checking out at 3pm would have cost me an extra night in costs, but agreed that I could move to Dynasty Inn grande with no extra charge. This place is much brighter and cleaner, and rooms are large with a nice big bed. The place is girlfriendly, some light frowning from reception, but it is fine. Was hit with a 500 bhat extra charge for bringing in two girls one night, and it took some negotiation to get this agreed with the receptionist.

Fun And Sun
04-22-09, 10:27
Hi Jarod

Can't help you with your hotel question (why don't you phone them and ask what their guest policy is).

I have added a quick BKK situation update in the BKK thread.

Fun and Sun

Hi everyone,

I was searching for some intel about Jasmine Executive Suites. It is spiting distance to Soi cowboy but I wonder if proximity guarantees Girl Friendliness status (Similar to Nana Hotel)

I am also wondering what is the sit Rep on the ground. Anyone can comment on the current mongering situation. Is it still a fertile ground for this hobby of ours?

I have being to BKK 3 to 4 X so I am not a newbie but always learning. I remember talking to a friend who got stuck at the airport this last time and wish I never had to go through that!

As always thank you all for your input!

Run Mann
04-22-09, 10:52
Quick hotel update, hope it is helpful since getting the right hotel is in my opinion absolutely critical to having a good mongering trip.

I stayed at Dynasty Inn (Soi Nana, literally a stone throw away from Nana plaza) during the first two days. This place is a bit more run down than last time I was staying there, a few water stains on the ceiling, and cockroach traps in the corners. Upside is that you can bring in two girls for threesomes without problem (at least that was my experience).

Got feed up on day two since I felt the room too dark and depressing, checking out at 3pm would have cost me an extra night in costs, but agreed that I could move to Dynasty Inn grande with no extra charge. This place is much brighter and cleaner, and rooms are large with a nice big bed. The place is girlfriendly, some light frowning from reception, but it is fine. Was hit with a 500 bhat extra charge for bringing in two girls one night, and it took some negotiation to get this agreed with the receptionist.
Night and day between these two hotels. Accommodations at Dynasty Inn are on par and in some respects even lower than Nana. You lucked out to when you transferred from Dynasty Inn to the Grande with no extra charge.

Andy1974
04-22-09, 18:39
Thanks for the replies, I think I wil stay at one of the following hotels, they are in the are I want and the sort of quality I am looking for, but would greaty appreciate some advice from you guys.

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel is 2800 THB per night with Agoda JW Marriott is 3625THB per night with wotif

I think they both look great, but I have never stayed at either of them, has anyone here stayed at both and can give me a reccomendation? Is the extra 800THB a night worth it for the Mariott, or would you stay at the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel?

Will be there from May 16th onwards.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Pita123
04-22-09, 19:16

Do guests get free access to Spasso?

Pita123
04-22-09, 19:54
Akane Fashion Massage (Chitlom) is just around the corner from the Intercontinental. You'll return to the hotel very clean and smiling.

http://www.pink-project.com/akane/english/menu_chitlom.html

If you have the time, maybe try the two girl two hour VIP special -- something you will never forget!

Sorry to drag this up after so long...

What can I expect in the two hour VIP special? Is everything included in the fee stated on the website or should I expect to pay more?

UPDATE: Hmm.. none of the girls in the pictures are really to my liking...

Fon Tok
04-22-09, 21:19
Sorry to drag this up after so long... What can I expect in the two hour VIP special? Is everything included in the fee stated on the website or should I expect to pay more? UPDATE: Hmm.. none of the girls in the pictures are really to my liking...It's been a long time since I've been there. As I remember it included a body scrub with some brief internal...umm...probing, a brief massage, some butt lickin', CBJ, HJ, and some good old fashioned rolling around on a small table, but no FS sex. All with a pretty young (about 20yo) Thai woman, or two, with Japanese names (Miko?).

I went there about a half dozen times the first couple of years I was here and enjoyed most of the sessions. Haven't been back in awhile as I now prefer the scrub service at Sazanka followed by a visit with Rin at Hana. As I am getting long in the tooth, feigning sex with the young Akane women just doesn't appeal to me. Just personal taste I think.

Btw, I always thought the women were quite pretty, very polite, and they worked very hard to make me happy. Everything was included in the service price, but I normally tip if it's good, and even if it's not sometimes. I feel a girl who has to lick old farang and Japanese butt all day deserves a little extra for her retirement back on the farm.

Tall Tom
04-23-09, 03:18
Do guests get free access to Spasso?Yes, they did the last time I was there, and I suspect they still do. The place is really designed for guests at the hotel, so that they don't have to have strange or unusual items on their expense account. It is an Italian restaurant within the hotel, so if you are so inclined you can put down your evening entertainment as "meals" and no one is the wiser. (You can't charge P4P to your room bill of course, but drinks can be.)

Rim Luver
04-23-09, 15:18
Narrowed by hotels to:

Adelphi suites
Landmark
Dynasty Grande
Dawin
Majestic Grande

I have read a lot of the former threads to get to this point. Can anyone give me some recent experiences/personal feedback on these.

Thanks

Artful
04-24-09, 00:40
I can only comment on the Dynasty Grande. It's a very fine 4 star hotel for 2500 THB per night. My hunch is though you could get cheaper. But if you're not bothered to save a few extra bucks, then you can rely on this hotel.

Narrowed by hotels to:

Adelphi suites
Landmark
Dynasty Grande
Dawin
Majestic Grande

I have read a lot of the former threads to get to this point. Can anyone give me some recent experiences/personal feedback on these.

Thanks

Rio Fan
04-24-09, 02:51
check www.asiarooms.comJohn EuroIs www.asiaroooms.com a reliable web site for making reservations? I usually use expedia.com or hotels.com which make you pay the entire reservation in advance.

Thanks for the advice.

Rim Luver
04-24-09, 03:09
I can only comment on the Dynasty Grande. It's a very fine 4 star hotel for 2500 THB per night. My hunch is though you could get cheaper. But if you're not bothered to save a few extra bucks, then you can rely on this hotel.Thanks. I actually tried that WOTIF and booked the JW Marriott for 3500 a night which included the tax. Appears to be a good deal and the hotel looks awesome.

Run Mann
04-24-09, 09:31
Is www.asiaroooms.com a reliable web site for making reservations? I usually use expedia.com or hotels.com which make you pay the entire reservation in advance.

Thanks for the advice.

Take one of the "o" out of the URL and it will work but Asiarooms is very reliable and you pay in advance too.

Duniawala
04-24-09, 14:35
Is www.asiaroooms.com a reliable web site for making reservations? I usually use expedia.com or hotels.com which make you pay the entire reservation in advance.

Thanks for the advice.
You can also use www.asiatravel.com and in most cases you pay to the hotel directly. They use your CC to confirm the reservation. I have found them very reliable and have a very good customer service.

Ultra Fine
04-24-09, 18:37
I will be in transit via Suvarnabhimi airport for 8 hours(reaching around 11:00PM) and take connecting flight at 9:00AM.

Can anybody suggest any hotel where I can enjoy actions. What about Grand Inn Come Hotel. Anybody have any experiance in their massage service and their Karake bar.

I will betravelling within next 2 weeks.

Useless Guru
04-25-09, 18:52
Anybody ever stay at Park Plaza Sukhumvit? They've emailed me that they don't charge a joiner fee. It seems like a well-located hotel.Writing this as I am staying in Park Plaza right now. 3rd time here - I love it.
Clean, GF, and close to everything. Very recommended!

They have a special rate of approx. 2500 incl. tax right now.

Member #4378
04-25-09, 19:32

Thanks for the advice.

I used them once for a hotel res. in Singapore. Upon arrival, they couldnt find my reservation, but luckily they had a room. I paid and in the morning they found it. I dont use them anymore.

Air Bubba
04-25-09, 23:08
I used them once for a hotel res. in Singapore. Upon arrival, they couldnt find my reservation, but luckily they had a room. I paid and in the morning they found it. I dont use them anymore.I used Asia Rooms for reservations in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore most recently in November and December of 2008. I have used them many times before and never had one ounce of difficulty with their service. In fact, I had to cancel a stay in Bangkok during the occupation of the airport by the PAD Mob and Asia Rooms had my credit card refunded in full in less than two days.

I have always found Asia Rooms to have the best deal, both in price and in included amenities, such as inclusive of breakfast.

I do not work for them, I am just reporting that the service and value that I have received from them has been outstanding.

Crazykf
04-27-09, 10:22
Quick report afer trying both "apartment hotels" on Soi8 (both are GF):

Was disappointed by Adeplhi, the price was too high (4100BHT for a one bedroom) considering the quality of the room (a little run down, no separate toilet, slightly ageing furniture, slow LAN internet. But daily cleaning service included). The location is convenient though, very close to Nana station. And the included breakfast is decent, but not great. Staff is mostly friendly and helpful.

Citadines Soi 8 (where I stayed on my previous visit): good price.2500BHT I think, and room quality (slightly smaller but new and stylish equipment and furniture, fast LAN internet, separate toilet, clean, but no daily cleaning I think, decent gym). No included breakfast, didn't try the restaurant. Reception staff not very friendly but efficient.

Only downside is the long hike from Nana station in the crushing heat, or having to call the shuttle (if you don't have a Thai cellphone).

Next time in BKK I'll go to Citadines. Are the other Citadines more conveniently located (ie closer to BTS stations?)

Fifty Fifty
04-28-09, 04:20
I have always found Asia Rooms to have the best deal, both in price and in included amenities, such as inclusive of breakfast.

I do not work for them, I am just reporting that the service and value that I have received from them has been outstanding.
Actually not true, for the best deals which almost always include breakfast for two, then asiatravel.com is more often the better of the two. They also have more 'pay on checkout' deals rather than the asiarooms 'pre-pay' options. It does pay to check out the hotel on both sites and see if prices differ.
Furthermore, in the current business climate it is often the case that you can get a similar offer by dealing direct with the hotel who then do not have to pay the Agency Fee.

We have all had good and bad service from agencies and hotels, but some of them are worthy of note.

Cheers. FF

Giotto
04-28-09, 06:03
I used Asia Rooms for reservations in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore most recently in November and December of 2008.
Some background information from the hotel's POV:

We worked with Asia Rooms before, and the experience was quite negative. Nobody ever came and checked out our rooms / services / amenities - but that is not really a problem for us, but may be for the customers.

Asia rooms seams to be quite unorganized sometimes - they were sending customers when we were completely booked, despite receiving a related contingent message before, and we always had trouble to get our invoices paid.

From my experience with this booking website - I cannot recommend it.

Giotto

M P Lurker
04-28-09, 15:44
Actually not true, for the best deals which almost always include breakfast for two, then asiatravel.com is more often the better of the two. They also have more 'pay on checkout' deals rather than the asiarooms 'pre-pay' options. It does pay to check out the hotel on both sites and see if prices differ.
Just did a quick check for Park Plaza as example. I have used Agoda a lot so included that.

Hotels own web site:
http://www.parkplaza.com/reservation/rateSearch.do
Superior room was 2400++ (add taxes and service charges)

At Agoda:
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/park_plaza_sukhumvit_hotel.html
exact same price for superior room

At Asiatravel:
http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaidhotels/parkplaza/index.html
Superior was 3720 including taxes

Unfortunately no b/f included in any of these deals (pointed out by Fifty fifty).

Maybe not always, but Agoda is usually hard to beat.
I have not had problems that I can recall with Agoda and often they beat the hotels own website rates substantially (but not this time).

Its probably wise to check more than one site each time, but I have found Agoda to be usually a good benchmark.