PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Member #3428
09-03-09, 02:10
But I get the impression you enjoyed the free enema. :D

yeah it was great until i tasted it in my mouth....

Key Master
09-03-09, 02:34
The Parkway Inn cost 1400baht/night inluding breakfast.

Standard room King bed.

The Majestic suites price is 1570 baht/night

For a superior single room including breakfast.

Both are No joiner fee. I was in M. S. Before so I know that for sure at M. S.

Which hotel is better deal here?

MS is the better deal to me. The rooms aren't as nice in the Parkway. You also have to deal with the stairs there. It's quieter too at MS.

Tratnguyen1
09-03-09, 03:27
Thanks Master for your Input here.

I shall be staying at M. S. Again. I have No problem at M. S., but, I have to make sure I will have a Single superior room not Studio for this price. Other than that I shall be a Happy Camper (monger)

Monopoly
09-03-09, 04:22
Hi Guys,

How is this hotel? Any recent reviews?

How does it compare with other hotels in the area like Dynasty Grande or Majestic Grande, etc?

Thanks!

Ken Orvik
09-03-09, 22:07
Hi Guys,

How is this hotel? Any recent reviews?

How does it compare with other hotels in the area like Dynasty Grande or Majestic Grande, etc?

Thanks!

Dawin is a nice small hotel. Brand new. Nice staff. Food ok. Nice rooms, and bathrooms.

I stayed there for my last two trips to bkk. (May and July)

But I think next trip I will book the Dynasty Grande again.

The rooms are a lot bigger, and I like that.

Not big difference in Price Dawin/Dynasty Grande.

Primo Bolan
09-04-09, 11:22
Dawin is a nice small hotel. Brand new. Nice staff. Food ok. Nice rooms, and bathrooms.

I stayed there for my last two trips to bkk. (May and July)

But I think next trip I will book the Dynasty Grande again.

The rooms are a lot bigger, and I like that.

Not big difference in Price Dawin/Dynasty Grande.

Im going in September. I think the same, Dawin is really nice but the rooms in the Grande are much bigger. Think I will try the Grande once again. One thing that I felt last time I stayed at the Dawin was that there been a change outside the hotel. First time two years ago I could walk out of the hotel without a scamtaxidriver shouting at me. This year it felt a littlebit like outside the Grande, that the drivers are waiting for a farang to scam, with a smile and "where are you going". Maybe Im wrong.

PB

Magier
09-04-09, 18:48
Bai1:

Vietnamese sexy girls

[Links to Photo deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The link originally included with this report was to a photo on another website, and thus it was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Photo Guidelines prohibiting links to photos on other websites. If you have photos you wish to share with the Forum Members, then please post them here. Please read the Forum's Photo Guidelines for further information.Thank You.

Cadjan
09-06-09, 08:49
Splashed out a bit and stayed in suites in both in the last month. Diamond (I think) in GS and Junior in Dream. Both around the same price, GS is my preference. Dream is OK, but in tower 2 (the one with the pool) no wi-fi in the rooms in and I can't figure out why the TV in the lounge is not in front of the couch. Both have comfy beds and big bathrooms (Dream bathroom was better with a big bath), Dream has cool blue lights and a very well stocked mini-bar (2 of them even! ). GS had a full kitchen with a big fridge for the 7-11 beers from next door.

Both totally GF, Dream took my girls ID when she first came up to meet me (alone) but once she had an access card they didn't bother her any more. GS didn't bother but she came in with me and I gave her a card to come and go.

GS has a separate check in area for Diamond/Platinum rooms where you can sit down, they bring you a refresher towel and drinks, and all the paperwork. Emailed them for an early check-in, the reply was I would have to pay but I just turned up at about 9am and got in early with no problem. Dream gave me a late check-out + 2 hours extra for a bit more $.

GS is a very short walk to NP, Biergarten and to Nana BTS. Dream is a bit further to Asoke and Cowboy but still pretty close. Dream was way cheaper when booked through Agoda than on their website (about $40/night cheaper). GS was the same price on their website and Agoda. Next time may try the Presidents/Citadines etc as they seem to have the same facilities at a lower price.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

M P Lurker
09-06-09, 09:07
Recently had the misfortune to lose my wallet. Not exactly sure how but when exiting a taxi.

Fortunately was staying at the very friendly Livingstone's Lodge. They were able to tide me over with some cash till my emergency VISA Card arrived. Sometimes helps to be a regularly well known customer.

I also recently tried the Admiral Premier on Soi 23 sub-soi. Very close to Soi Cowboy, included free Wifi breakfast included etc. and a very good room with desk, large fridge and microwave. Price around 2300 including taxes from Agoda. Only down side was ISG site was blocked on the internet, and taxis don't know this place well.

Barko
09-06-09, 10:38
Recently had the misfortune to lose my wallet. Not exactly sure how but when exiting a taxi.

Fortunately was staying at the very friendly Livingstone's Lodge. They were able to tide me over with some cash till my emergency VISA Card arrived. Sometimes helps to be a regularly well known customer.

I also recently tried the Admiral Premier on Soi 23 sub-soi. Very close to Soi Cowboy, included free Wifi breakfast included etc. and a very good room with desk, large fridge and microwave. Price around 2300 including taxes from Agoda. Only down side was ISG site was blocked on the internet, and taxis don't know this place well.Very very cool thing for LL to do! Amazing really, I mean think about it, you're in Bangkok for crap's sake, where else is that going to happen? ;)

Thank you for the heads up on the Admiral Soap Fan, GF I presume? What was the condition of the room you had? New or old? Anything worn, torn or airborne? How would you compare it to the Millennium at 2500+ Baht?

Redfield10
09-07-09, 02:26
I booked the Dynasty Grande via Agoda using my US Bank visa card and they charged 3%. I don't recall that happenning the other times I booked. I'm in the US. Anyone else have this happen?

I also recently tried the Admiral Premier on Soi 23 sub-soi. Very close to Soi Cowboy, included free Wifi breakfast included etc. and a very good room with desk, large fridge and microwave. Price around 2300 including taxes from Agoda. Only down side was ISG site was blocked on the internet, and taxis don't know this place well.

Tratnguyen1
09-07-09, 03:54
I already booked a single superior room at 1570baht/night including breakfast. I know what to expect from the Majestic suite and this is my fifth time with M. S. Just Can't wait for heading to Bangkok again.

Howman
09-07-09, 07:31
I booked the Dynasty Grande via Agoda using my US Bank visa card and they charged 3%. I don't recall that happenning the other times I booked. I'm in the US. Anyone else have this happen?

Most credit cards charge a 3% currency conversion fee. That is likely the case here.

Lord Farquard
09-07-09, 09:11
Most credit cards charge a 3% currency conversion fee. That is likely the case here.

Merchants will tack on 3% to offset the cost that the bank charges them for the credit card. Your bank will then tack on another 1 1/2 to 3% for a "foreign transaction" fee. Capitol one is one of the only cards that does not add on a fee. The merchant "should" tell you the are adding on a credit card fee, I always ask up front so there is no suprise, as to your credit card company, read the fine print ;)

Member #3432
09-07-09, 11:47
Hi Everyone

Will be making my 1st trip across to BKK from the 18th.

I'm having fun just looking at everyone's reports.

It's probably going to be a to center trip, 4 days in BKK and 4 in Pattaya.

I am trying to use hotels out.

Can anyone confirm Grand Sukhumvit is G/F and is a good choice of hotel and more importantly location.

Any recomendations for Pattaya?

I apprieciate we all have different "must haves" on our list, but so long as the main things are covered I am cool.

Coming from Bahrain in the Middle East things have slowed down dramatically because of Ramadan.

It will be good to go and have a beer again.

Thanks Guy & Take care out there.

J

M P Lurker
09-07-09, 13:09
Very very cool thing for LL to do! Amazing really, I mean think about it, you're in Bangkok for crap's sake, where else is that going to happen? ;)

Thank you for the heads up on the Admiral Soap Fan, GF I presume? What was the condition of the room you had? New or old? Anything worn, torn or airborne? How would you compare it to the Millennium at 2500+ Baht?
Yes, Admiral seemed to be GF. I had no problem ;)
Admiral was a little cheaper than the Grand Millenium special.
Room was a similar size to Millenium room, bed not quite as soft but still very comfortable. Bathroom good including full bath. Large fridge. Good blackout curtains and quiet. I didn't notice anything worn, torn, or airborne, without being particularly vigilant. Room seemed modern and not old. Big flat screen TV. I would guess that this hotel would get fairly good reviews. Pretty girl on reception too.

Free internet and free breakfast was included.
Breakfast was fairly basic so not too Millenium standard but O.K. considering included. Breakfast room is a bit cramped and no pastries (good for my figure :)).

So really a few blocked web sites was the only thing that irritated me a little. There are nearby free wifi spots at Soi 23 pubs.

Food and dining would be the weakness of this Hotel, so eat somewhere else other than included breakfast. So where I am very happy to dine at Livingstone's in evening, I would not at Admiral. ChokChai steakhouse is very close by, several pubs, and quite a few cheap Thai food restaurants.

Location is slightly strange if you don't use a Map to see exact location.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/admiral_premier_hotel.html

http://www.admiralpremier.com/

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&gl=au&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.740573,100.565897&spn=0.006524,0.012134&z=17

Barko
09-07-09, 14:31
Location is slightly strange if you don't use a Map to see exact location.Hi Soap Fan,

Thank you so much for your detailed information. This is exceptionally perfect timing for me and I am much obliged. Sounds very good really, will definitely give a go then.

Thanks! ;)

Tratnguyen1
09-07-09, 16:42
I very seldom use C. C. For hotel charges in Majestic suite. The hotel exchange rate is very poor plus a 2% transaction fee from the C. C.

The Best deal is getting bahts from the ATM. And save a minimum 10% on the bills.

On the other hands, at some MP. When I use C. C. And the place charges in baht to C. C., I will receive a good usd to baht exchange.

The ATM exchange rate is the best wholesale worldwide.

Mrbizla
09-07-09, 23:37
Hey everybody

Just booked Royal Asia Lodge for two nights, for the Queen Suite (78m2) for 3600thb all in. Seems pretty reasonable comparatively, and was cheaper directly from their website than from other providers like booking.com.

I know it'll be GF, but just wondering if anyone's had any recent experiences there...quality, staff friendliness etc?

Read some ropey reports after I'd clicked confirm but searched the threads here and read some positive stuff so just enquiring about very recent visits?

Thanks,

Mr B

Member #3200
09-08-09, 12:54
I found quite nice for the value when i stayed there in nov 2006 so I've decided to go back there next month for the 1st 2 nights of my Thailand trip.

it is GF!!

Cadjan
09-09-09, 13:31
Hi Everyone

Will be making my 1st trip across to BKK from the 18th.

I'm having fun just looking at everyone's reports.

It's probably going to be a to center trip, 4 days in BKK and 4 in Pattaya.

I am trying to use hotels out.

Can anyone confirm Grand Sukhumvit is G/F and is a good choice of hotel and more importantly location.

Any recomendations for Pattaya?

I apprieciate we all have different "must haves" on our list, but so long as the main things are covered I am cool.

Coming from Bahrain in the Middle East things have slowed down dramatically because of Ramadan.

It will be good to go and have a beer again.

Thanks Guy & Take care out there.

JAssume you are talking Grand Sukhumvit on Soi 6. See my post a few days back. 100% GF, within 5 minutes to NP/Biergarten/Eden etc, less than that to Nana BTS, with a 7/11 almost next door. A bit pricey but suites are nice, comfortable and big.

Paulcorr
09-09-09, 18:55
Although I'm not going to stay here it sounds a good place to pop into for a meal & a drink. I quite fancy a Thai meal after reading the menu. Do you have to eat the Thai dishes in the Thai restaurant or can you have them in the bar, by the pool etc ?

M P Lurker
09-10-09, 11:59
Although I'm not going to stay here it sounds a good place to pop into for a meal & a drink. I quite fancy a Thai meal after reading the menu. Do you have to eat the Thai dishes in the Thai restaurant or can you have them in the bar, by the pool etc ?
Most people eat by the pool. You can eat at the bar or in the sports bar (aircon) if you choose.

There is a Thai menu (extensive) as well as a western menu.
I had Argentinian steaks (I don't recommend Thai beef for a steak) there the other day as a change from Thai food. Not the cheapest item but were really good.

When ordering Thai food (normally), I mostly order seafood (fish, oysters, king prawns, crab etc.). I am sure the other dishes are fine, but for me, seafood is great for enjoyment and helping keep the weight off.

Be careful ordering too many dishes. The serves at Livingstone's are a lot bigger than standard Thai serves.

P.S. I try to leave room to sample Auntie Guido's Apfelstrudel (or is it strussel - I'm not sure).
So eating Thai appetizer and main followed by western dessert, is my preferred approach.

If you have no dinner partner, a pretty girl or two to join you can easily be found at the sports bar ;) Of course this will increase the bill, but I don't like to eat alone :(
Normally Thai girls will prefer to eat Thai food, which is good as its cheaper.

Gpb59
09-10-09, 13:00
I'm looking to stay there. I saw a rate of 1500 baht for studio, sounds pretty good, it's GF isn't it, any recommendations?

Barko
09-10-09, 14:40
I'm looking to stay there. I saw a rate of 1500 baht for studio, sounds pretty good, it's GF isn't it, any recommendations? Yeah, GF, they just check ID's, sometimes they take them til the girl leaves.

The rooms aren't bad, clean, and the sliding LCD TV is trick. I just don't like the horseshit they put you through on check in and out there. Sign this, sign that, now wait over there, OK, now sign this thing over here too. It's a little far down the Soi from Suk, but they do have a tuk-tuk shuttle (that I happened to miss every freakin time.) Some guys like this place a lot, for me it was just a one shot deal.

Bar & restaurant are good, all in all you could do a lot worse for 1500 Baht.

Gpb59
09-11-09, 14:24
Yeah, GF, they just check ID's, sometimes they take them til the girl leaves.

The rooms aren't bad, clean, and the sliding LCD TV is trick. I just don't like the horseshit they put you through on check in and out there. Sign this, sign that, now wait over there, OK, now sign this thing over here too. It's a little far down the Soi from Suk, but they do have a tuk-tuk shuttle (that I happened to miss every freakin time.) Some guys like this place a lot, for me it was just a one shot deal.

Bar & restaurant are good, all in all you could do a lot worse for 1500 Baht.

What would be your choice?

M P Lurker
09-11-09, 16:40
I would also consider Citadines Soi 23.
Studio exec with b/f 1478 + taxes at Agoda.
Internet avail but not free.

Here is a good option if no need for a pool.
Silq Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 19 (4 stars on Agoda).
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/silq_bangkok_hotel.html
THB 1571+ taxes
gets breakfast and free wifi

maybe worth upgrade to Superior 1869++ to get
in room safe, coffee maker 22 Sq.m
But then again, this would then be very comparable to Livingstone's which does include a pool.

Four Wings (Soi 26) seems a very good price including pool and Gym but Internet not complimentary.
Deluxe 34 sq. m with b/f was 1571+ taxes.

Shit, I really like the prices with low season and bad economy.
The bars and MPs are teaming with pretty girls and not enough customers too :D Bliss!

What about Manhatten Soi 15 (V close to Suk)? Close to Asoke BTS too. Has everything except internet not free, with b/f at THB1433+ taxes.
I might go for this one or Silq, or Citadines 23 as I like to be close to MRT (I wonder why?) as well as to BTS.
Options, options!

Member #3428
09-11-09, 16:50
I would also consider Citadines Soi 23.
Studio exec with b/f 1478 + taxes at Agoda.
Internet avail but not free.

Citadines Soi 23 had an uppity attitude to the bar girls and to me.... the hotel is not that nice... the front desk staff very not friendly... Citadines on soi 11 is much better and more friendlier but not near Cowboy (but near other things and not that far away). Same prices at the time I stayed....

Pita123
09-11-09, 16:51
Shit, I really like the prices with low season and bad economy.
The bars and MPs are teaming with pretty girls and not enough customers too :D Bliss!

So your experience has been that besides hotels there are other deals to be had as well?

Member #3428
09-11-09, 16:55
So your experience has been that besides hotels there are other deals to be had as well?

Much better girls for the price as before. I have not got much better deals on the girls but I am not pushing to be a CC, I just get better performers for the same old prices... And much better looking girls IMHO...

M P Lurker
09-11-09, 18:11
Citadines Soi 23 had an uppity attitude to the bar girls and to me.... the hotel is not that nice... the front desk staff very not friendly... Citadines on soi 11 is much better and more friendlier but not near Cowboy (but near other things and not that far away). Same prices at the time I stayed....
Noted.
Is that a "not quite GF"
or not "multiple girl friendly"?
Sorry. I'm embarassed now to be joining the frivolous group.
So scratch that question. I'll scratch Cita 23.

Johnthescot
09-11-09, 18:16
Noted.
Is that a "not quite GF"

I stayed in Citadines Soi 11 in April and it was very GF. Took 2 girls up and nobody even asked for ID. Nice rooms. Just next to Grand President and much better in my opinion as a lot of rooms in GP are very worn now. Very new and has nice Australian bar across the road. Booked to stay again next month.

Nice desk and free internet, though cabled not wireless. Little bit annoying as couldn't use internet on my iPhone.

JohnTheScot

Member #3428
09-12-09, 01:14
Noted.
Is that a "not quite GF"
Sorry. I'm embarassed now to be joining the frivolous group.
So scratch that question. I'll scratch Cita 23.

It's a tough question, the hotel was not exactly GF and it was not really "not quite GF" either. The front desk staff looked down on the girls and were not helpful at all at Soi 23. They did not like the revolving door of girls I had also.

I stayed in Citadines Soi 11 in April and it was very GF. Took 2 girls up and nobody even asked for ID. Nice rooms. Just next to Grand President and much better in my opinion as a lot of rooms in GP are very worn now. Very new and has nice Australian bar across the road. Booked to stay again next month.

JohnTheScot

I agree the one on Soi 11 was very GF, the place was enjoyable. However GP the Deluxe Suites or whatever you call it in the Tower 2 are still better, the price I get is about 2600 I think per night at Tower 2. Citidines was 1400 before for their junior suite or something like that. Great offer IMHO. However... Citidines is like everyone else, after they are open a while they up their rates so I don't think we will get 1400 per night for much longer.

M P Lurker
09-12-09, 15:36
Admiral Suites Bangkok
Suk Soi 22 (corrected from 20)
http://www.admiralsuites.com/

Superior Studio Internet Rate 1,799 Baht
Comfortable room with King size bed, large safe, walk-in closet, separate working area, Wega TV, CD player with stereo, fully equipped kitchenette with large refrigerator, microwave oven, dining table and a large glass sliding door to balcony
*Free daily breakfast *Free unlimited Internet access
• Maximum 2 Persons per room in existing beds
Plus 1 Child under 12 years old (in existing beds)
• Rates are per room in Thailand Baht (THB),
inclusive 7% VAT and 10% Service charge

Has a pool and gym.

Member #3428
09-12-09, 16:06
Admiral Suites Bangkok
Suk Soi 20
http://www.admiralsuites.com/.

It's on 22 not 20. It is half way up, need motorbike to get up and down. Not near anything much else. Rooms are not that nice. You can find much better for the same rate then this place. It is same booking company as the President Groups, Adelphi and others....

Dextro Sol
09-12-09, 16:07
Admiral Suites Bangkok
Suk Soi 20
http://www.admiralsuites.com/

Looks like a great alternative. Do you know if it is GF??

M P Lurker
09-12-09, 17:52
It's on 22 not 20. It is half way up, need motorbike to get up and down. Not near anything much else. Rooms are not that nice. You can find much better for the same rate then this place. It is same booking company as the President Groups, Adelphi and others....
I slipped up there. Yep about 550m down Soi 22. Probably no worse than Citadines Soi 11 regarding distance in Soi.
You had better list the good alternatives for same price including B/F, free internet, pool, gym, King bed, kitchenette, etc.
Note the price included taxes.
I struggle to get this price with all these facilities that I am looking for.

Tratnguyen1
09-12-09, 22:23
I shall be staying at the Majestic suite for the fifth consecutive time later this year. It may not be the best deal in lower soi Sukhumvit road 1570baht/night for a superior single room including breakfast. However, I was always pleased with the hotel friendly staff, very clean room, the A/C. Well sufficient, and of course GF. And it is just around the corner from NEP.

Member #3428
09-13-09, 01:29
I slipped up there. Yep about 550m down Soi 22. Probably no worse than Citadines Soi 11 regarding distance in Soi.
You had better list the good alternatives for same price including B/F, free internet, pool, gym, King bed, kitchenette, etc.
Note the price included taxes.
I struggle to get this price with all these facilities that I am looking for.

Well, i get a better price at Citidines and get the same thing if not better.

Livingstones has a rate of what 1800 and has the better wifi service IMHO and the beds are better. LL does not have the gym of course or the kitchenette. But it's not far to MP's or bars :D

Plus for a little more you can get a full one bedroom suite at some places.

I used to live at the top of Soi 22 and this place really is more then 550 meter. It is a good trek up the road. And nothing around, you can hike it to Titanium at the bottom of soi 22, hike over to Tops for food market, but in the area it is lacking a lot of items. I just think that Compass Hospitality which overseas Admiral and others has better offers / locations / pricing then this one on 22.

I have stayed here one day with an old TGF before and they had no problem with us in the rooms so it is GF. I just was not impressed with the location or the rooms.

M P Lurker
09-13-09, 10:28
I used to live at the top of Soi 22 and this place really is more then 550 meter. It is a good trek up the road. And nothing around, you can hike it to Titanium at the bottom of soi 22, hike over to Tops for food market, but in the area it is lacking a lot of items.
The Admiral Suites Location Map shows Admiral Suites as just past Grand Mecure Park Avenue. Is this in fact quite wrong? Shows as about 550m on Google Maps. Wouldn't be first time a Hotel doesn't know their own location, or lies about it.
http://www.admiralsuites.com/z1035/location.html

This other Map seems to agree though:
http://www.bangkok-maps.com/frameme.php?page=bangkoksukhumvit.htm

Citadines 11 seems to offer a comparible deal including free internet in room and b/f at Agoda for 1521 + taxes which takes it to a very similar price to Admiral Suites.
Livingstones is just a little higher at 1800 + taxes, however with ISG discount for multiple days and a post, will be competitive if don't need a Gym.
Sexercise instead, right?

Livingstone's has the advantage of being closer to MRT and Soi Cowboy than either Admiral Suites or Citadines 11, which matters to me sometimes ;) If in a hurry, I even catch a motorcycle through back Sois.

But when with GF, Citadines 11 will be well worth trying, as we have stayed at Grand president Soi 11 many times and its virtually next door. It appears to be about 450m down the Soi.

I was impressed by Hopeland Serviced Apartments on Soi 24, not long ago. Very close to Asia Herb Assoc Spa, Lemongrass restaurant and numerous Oilies. Standard Double 28 Sq.m THB1842+ taxes incl internet and b/f.
Only weakness was 400m down Soi.
I think I paid a little more for the 40 Sq.m studio though.
An extra 500 Baht can be worth it. Depends on whether alone or with an important girl, or ... ;) One thing I know. Nice Thai girls are not really impressed by crap hotel rooms, so I never go too budget-oriented these days. On the other hand I don't want to waste money on a 5 star place like Hilton Millenium, Shangri-La, Oriental etc. that are not even in a good location.

These distances 400-550m down the Soi don't really matter much except when its pelting with heavy rain, or burning hot, or you are very pushed for time, or in bad physical shape.
O.K. Mouth of the Soi is better. Livingstones is only about 150m down the Soi and that seems quite enough!

Tommyh80
09-13-09, 15:56
I have booked 10 nigths at President Solitaire Hotel & Spa Bangkok in Sukhumvit Soi 11, but was thinking I did a terrible mistake since it is far from the Nana action.

Should I cancel the reservation and book Nana Hotel?

Member #3428
09-13-09, 17:18
The Admiral Suites Location Map shows Admiral Suites as just past Grand Mecure Park Avenue. Is this in fact quite wrong? Shows as about 550m on Google Maps. Wouldn't be first time a Hotel doesn't know their own location, or lies about it.

I gotta walk it, Citideines 11 you can see Sukhumvit, That to me (as I just played pool at Hillaries across the street 10 minutes ago) seems to be much closer to Shukhumvit then Admiral. Citidines on Soi 11 is more like Imperial Queens park IMHO....

Pita123
09-13-09, 22:57
I have booked 10 nigths at President Solitaire Hotel & Spa Bangkok in Sukhumvit Soi 11, but was thinking I did a terrible mistake since it is far from the Nana action.

Why not jut ask to rent one of the short time rooms upstairs in NEP for a few weeks? I mean why see anything in Bangkok outside of NEP?

Crypton
09-13-09, 23:02

It's not that far. Plus you are better off being a little bit away from Soi 4, trust me.

Stew2
09-14-09, 00:36
It's not that far. Plus you are better off being a little bit away from Soi 4, trust me.

I agree - it's not that far and Soi 11 is a rather nice street with some good restaurants. About a 10 minute walk to NEP from where you are.

Member #3428
09-14-09, 02:33

It is right near it, do not worry, it is close to cowboy and nana and beer garden and new wave. Has German House, Australian house restaurants near this hotel, has Hillary's across the street for pool and drinks, is on a nice(r) soi in the nana area etc...

You can take cut through park hotel parking lot to reach beer garden, they even have a tuk tuk if you do not want to walk down the soi to the Sukhumvit (Nana BTS) etc... What are you going to get in a Nana Hotel except a gift that gives giving :D ?

You want to sex one girl then call out for another to come in then repeat like that then go to pattaya....

M P Lurker
09-14-09, 09:10
I gotta walk it, Citideines 11 you can see Sukhumvit, That to me (as I just played pool at Hillaries across the street 10 minutes ago) seems to be much closer to Shukhumvit then Admiral. Citidines on Soi 11 is more like Imperial Queens park IMHO....
Citadines 11 maybe be slightly closer to Sukhumvit that Admiral Suites but it looks close to the same on the Map:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.739177,100.561295&spn=0.023095,0.03459&z=15

Anyway I have enough energy for a short walk when not in a hurry.

Normad2020
09-14-09, 15:11
My friends and I are planning a trip to Bangkok in early December. I have search through the internet for some new hotels situated at Sukhumvit and the name "Ibis Nana Bangkok" popped out. The price looks reasonable and the location is great. I just wanted to check whether anyone has tried the hotel and what would your rating be for the hotel in terms of GF, cleanliness, security and general services before I proceed to book.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

M P Lurker
09-14-09, 16:36
My friends and I are planning a trip to Bangkok in early December. I have search through the internet for some new hotels situated at Sukhumvit and the name "Ibis Nana Bangkok" popped out. The price looks reasonable and the location is great. I just wanted to check whether anyone has tried the hotel and what would your rating be for the hotel in terms of GF, cleanliness, security and general services before I proceed to book.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020
A budget Hotel but newish. Expect the mattress to be very firm (a cheap one). No pool.
I haven't stayed there but used to stay at Grand Business Inn so I know a lot about hard mattresses :(

SE Asia Joe
09-14-09, 17:34
A budget Hotel but newish. Expect the mattress to be very firm (a cheap one). No pool.
I haven't stayed there but used to stay at Grand Business Inn so I know a lot about hard mattresses :(
Who the F..k is this writing this report??

A new guy with 3500 plus reports??

Is this you Soap Fan?

Why the name change??

SEAJ

Evil Penivel
09-15-09, 00:12

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

It's good for the price you pay. It's clean, secure and relatively new, which is more than you can say about a lot of hotels in that price range. But there is some downside. The biggest turn off for me is the tiny (and I do mean tiny) size of the rooms. They are among the smallest hotel rooms I've seen in a facility run by a major hotel chain. Walls are thin - you can hear every sound from the rooms on either side. The furnishings aren't hospitality grade. They looks OK now because the hotel hasn't been in business for very long, but they will get very scruffy fast. Also, it's quite a hike down the soi. The hotel's tuk tuk will take you to Nana station, but you're on your own getting back.

Evil

M P Lurker
09-15-09, 01:37

Is this you Soap Fan?

Why the name change??

SEAJ
If I told you the truth you probably wouldn't believe it.
The result was not really what was intended.
Mick L

Fast Eddie 48
09-15-09, 06:49

Is this you Soap Fan?

Why the name change??

SEAJSEAJ,

M P Lurker is Mick licker a senior member and a bangkok MP expert, you need to post another 1500 report to keep up with him.

Fast Eddie 48

Yellow Fever #2
09-15-09, 12:01
I am coming to BKK at the end of September to get away from China National Day week long holiday horrors.

I am looking for an inexpensive and clean place close by but not too close to the Sukhumvit attractions.

I've stayed at Livingstones (which was very nice and friendly) and also at some much less expensive places such as Federal and Woriburi in the past. I want to try something new.

Has anyone tried the Darjelling on Soi 18? It has good reviews and is only 1400B/night including breakfast and Wifi. It is supposed to be very quiet inside and very close (<300m from ASOK MTS station)

Most importantly, is it girl friendly??? It is very gf and close to Soi Cowboy according to a single report on this forum. I spelled the name wrong in my search....

Darjelling Boutique

Sukhumvit 18 Bangkok
390/35-36 Sukhumvit Soi 18,
Bangkok 10110,
Thailand

M P Lurker
09-15-09, 15:41
Has anyone tried the Darjelling on Soi 18? It has good reviews and is only 1400B/night including breakfast and Wifi. It is supposed to be very quiet inside and very close (<300m from ASOK MTS station)

I don't know anything about Darjelling, but a friend highly recommended budget Baan Hotel Sukhumvit on Soi 18 and on Soi 20 (very close to Sukhumvit Road).
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.734307,100.563499&spn=0.001295,0.002146&z=19

Here is a super deal at Latestays including taxes and breakfast ande free wifi (no pool I guess):
http://www.latestays.com/baan-sukhumvit-inn/

I might also try Darjelling as location is very close to Asoke BTS and reviews look O.K.
http://www.thethailandlifestyle.com/Darjelling/map.htm
http://darjellingboutique.com/index.html

I see Joesin indicated GF and was happy:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=836120&postcount=761

Pita123
09-16-09, 10:56
If I told you the truth you probably wouldn't believe it.
The result was not really what was intended.
Mick L

Sounds like another one of those thread combination/split type of errors.

Mike Asian
09-16-09, 13:20
Anyone have info on the Regency Park? The location and price looks good, but I haven't found any reviews here.

Thanks

Normad2020
09-16-09, 15:07
Thanks EP....small room might not be a good idea if threesome is intended. In that case I might look at "The Key" near Asok BTS. Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

It's good for the price you pay. It's clean, secure and relatively new, which is more than you can say about a lot of hotels in that price range. But there is some downside. The biggest turn off for me is the tiny (and I do mean tiny) size of the rooms. They are among the smallest hotel rooms I've seen in a facility run by a major hotel chain. Walls are thin - you can hear every sound from the rooms on either side. The furnishings aren't hospitality grade. They looks OK now because the hotel hasn't been in business for very long, but they will get very scruffy fast. Also, it's quite a hike down the soi. The hotel's tuk tuk will take you to Nana station, but you're on your own getting back.

Evil

Normad2020
09-16-09, 15:12
Thanks MPL. Evil mentioned that the wall is very thin and the room is small. On top of what you said about cheap and firm mattress, we might give it a miss and stay at "The Key", which is near to Asok BTS and short walking distance to Soi Cowboy.....etc. I believe the price is about the same.

Cheers
normad2020

M P Lurker
09-16-09, 17:15
Thanks MPL. Evil mentioned that the wall is very thin and the room is small. On top of what you said about cheap and firm mattress, we might give it a miss and stay at "The Key", which is near to Asok BTS and short walking distance to Soi Cowboy.....etc. I believe the price is about the same.

Cheers
normad2020
Thought reports about the Key were not that good, but I haven't stayed there. You could easily do a thread search for Key.

Here is AT2's guide to very cheap.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=722600&postcount=3692

Otherwise try some other recommended places.

Here is one bad report on the Key:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=859251&postcount=910

There may have been others.

Csun213
09-16-09, 17:21
I have read some good reports on majestic suites but some have said that it have pretty small room. Does anyone know what is the square footage so I can compare it against the other good hotels mentioned here?

I like the majestic suites because of the location and I don't really need a pool since I never use them.

Member #2041
09-16-09, 20:06
I have read some good reports on majestic suites but some have said that it have pretty small room. Does anyone know what is the square footage so I can compare it against the other good hotels mentioned here?

I like the majestic suites because of the location and I don't really need a pool since I never use them.
I don't KNOW the square footage, but, having stayed in several I would guess that they are on the order of 18-24 square meters, depending on the class of the room. The rooms are quite small, but the quality of the furnishings and amenities are excellent for the price point. The built in closet and bathroom and sleeping area make quite efficient use of space - but there really is very little unused area at all.

Think of a queen bed, a dresser/desk, and a closet with drawers, and only a couple of feet to spare around the bed on any side. The bathrooms have a combined tub with the shower. The sleeping/living area is maybe half the size of the rooms in more upscale places like the Majestic Grande or Dynasty Grande

Make My Day
09-16-09, 21:48
Hi all,

I want to rent an apartment in Bangkok for two months. January February 2010. I found some websites with apartments but they look rather 'expensive', say round sukhumvit not below 25.000/month for a 1 bedroom apartment. Anybody out there who knows if there are cheaper appartments out there for farang or that I just have to pay?

Redfield10
09-17-09, 01:29
I think there was a day a few years ago when the MSuites rooms were a good deal. I see they've upped their prices now and, yes, the rooms are small. Also, a possible negative ( it is to me) is that if they give you a room in the back, you will face the rear of Nana Plaza,and, yes you will hear it unti they close!!!

I am at the point where I'd rather spend $20 more a night and get a nicer room at places like the Dynasty Grande. In fact,to play a little game with yourself, you could book a cheap hotel that is still acceptable for maybe 20% of your trip and the enjoy a place like the Dynasty Grande for the rest of your trip and be happier than staying at the Majestic Suites the whole time (for the same total price) my opinion.

That's the great thing about what used to exist..a free market economy...

Thought reports about the Key were not that good, but I haven't stayed there. You could easily do a thread search for Key.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=722600&postcount=3692

Normad2020
09-17-09, 06:54
Thanks MPL for the additional information. In fact I have stayed at "The Key" sometime early this year (business trip) and the rooms though have no windows are quite comfortable. This time round I have to arrange for a group of us (6 including myself), so I have to check with the management of "The Key" whether they can put us all on the same floor.....hehehe as I wanted to suggest to my friends for some "switch and dip" as a variance to the game....

Cheers
normad2020

Yendor
09-17-09, 07:06
Upgrade confirmed: 1100 Baht upgrade to Executive Club floor. Wotif secret deal = 2499 Baht + 1100 Baht Exec upgrade = 3599 (+120 Baht booking fee for entire stay) Includes breakfast, Internet, free stuff in the Club lounge all day, and a free evening cocktail for two.

Compare to the Grand Millennium online booking Exec Club rate = 6238 Baht. (5300B + 938Tax)

That's a savings of over 2500 Baht per night. Not bad! ;)

Confirm that this upgrade was completed at check-in?

Cheers, Y

Rambis Youth
09-17-09, 09:44
Anyone have info on the Regency Park? The location and price looks good, but I haven't found any reviews here.

Thanks

I stayed there about 10 years back. No idea about GF but a basic clean hotel in a fairly good location if you like Cowboy. Smallish pool on roof. OK value at 1400 baht on Wotif.com - certainly don't pay any more than that.

Barko
09-17-09, 12:20
Confirm that this upgrade was completed at check-in?

Cheers, YYes, pre-book the secret deal, then upgrade on check-in.

There are two upgrades, one is up to a grand deluxe, high floor, free super fast Internet, and a bit nicer room (no breakfast): add an extra 330 Baht.

The other is up to the Executive Club floor, amenities and breakfast as mentioned, and priced as mentioned as well. Confirmed.

A little bird told me that this secret deal for the Grand Millennium will be ending October 20th.

Csun213
09-17-09, 19:58
I don't KNOW the square footage, but, having stayed in several I would guess that they are on the order of 18-24 square meters, depending on the class of the room. The rooms are quite small, but the quality of the furnishings and amenities are excellent for the price point. The built in closet and bathroom and sleeping area make quite efficient use of space - but there really is very little unused area at all.

Think of a queen bed, a dresser/desk, and a closet with drawers, and only a couple of feet to spare around the bed on any side. The bathrooms have a combined tub with the shower. The sleeping/living area is maybe half the size of the rooms in more upscale places like the Majestic Grande or Dynasty Grande

Thanks for the response. It seems like Majestic Suite is liked by a lot of guys here (based on their positive response) and is located in a good area plus the price is pretty good at around 1500B.

I may just book a couple of days at Majestic suite and then check out the other hotels when I am there.

M P Lurker
09-18-09, 03:41
I am at the point where I'd rather spend $20 more a night and get a nicer room at places like the Dynasty Grande. In fact,to play a little game with yourself, you could book a cheap hotel that is still acceptable for maybe 20% of your trip and the enjoy a place like the Dynasty Grande for the rest of your trip and be happier than staying at the Majestic Suites the whole time (for the same total price) my opinion.

I have to agree that Dynasty Grande is a superb deal now that they have dropped their prices again.
However I don't like the location much as I don't enjoy Nana Plaza any longer. I prefer to be close to MRT.

I tried Rainbow bar twice in last few months but found it to be a dreary place with bad music the girls couldn't dance to. The girls didn't thrill me. Bodies O.K. but faces plain. My taste must be different. I don't like round faces.
I greatly prefer Soi Cowboy where the girls are more lively, more pretty, and have a few really good dancers (Shark, Baccara, etc.).

Member #3428
09-18-09, 04:04
Thanks for the response. It seems like Majestic Suite is liked by a lot of guys here (based on their positive response) and is located in a good area plus the price is pretty good at around 1500B.

I may just book a couple of days at Majestic suite and then check out the other hotels when I am there.

You are in the heart of Nana. For roughly the same price you can go to Citidines on soi 11, near the BTS, you got the walk through at Park Hotel to Beer Garden, on the street (soi 11) with Villa market / German House / Australian House / Hillary's bar, and closer to Cowboy.

Either way if you pull from cowboy most girls will want to taxi back to the hotel no matter where you stay.

MS is a nice place but tucked back a little and you are more in the heart of Nana just FYI. Your thought of reserving a room then looking at others is sound. Just get a list of four you'd like to look at and go from there. You can also get a room at Citidines soi 23 (closer to Cowboy only but a little hike to the bts / mrt) for roughly the same price as MS.

All depends where you are comfortable pulling girls from. I did not visit NEP or Soi 33 one time this last trip, just too many girls and not enough time.

Csun213
09-18-09, 06:35
You are in the heart of Nana. For roughly the same price you can go to Citidines on soi 11, near the BTS, you got the walk through at Park Hotel to Beer Garden, on the street (soi 11) with Villa market / German House / Australian House / Hillary's bar, and closer to Cowboy.

Either way if you pull from cowboy most girls will want to taxi back to the hotel no matter where you stay.

MS is a nice place but tucked back a little and you are more in the heart of Nana just FYI. Your thought of reserving a room then looking at others is sound. Just get a list of four you'd like to look at and go from there. You can also get a room at Citidines soi 23 (closer to Cowboy only but a little hike to the bts / mrt) for roughly the same price as MS.

All depends where you are comfortable pulling girls from. I did not visit NEP or Soi 33 one time this last trip, just too many girls and not enough time.

Thanks. Since I have never been to Bangkok so have no ideal where to stay. I was only choosing MS because it was highly recommend when I searched through the postings in the Bangkok Hotel section.

I will do more research since some thought that MS was too near the action. I plan on taking my time and check out more hotels before I commit since I won't be there until March.

Citidines on soi 11 sounds nice since I do want to check out the famous Beer Garden.

Barko
09-18-09, 06:39
I have to agree that Dynasty Grande is a superb deal now that they have dropped their prices again.I tried Rainbow bar twice in last few months but found it to be a dreary place with bad music the girls couldn't dance to. The girls didn't thrill me. Bodies O.K. but faces plain. My taste must be different. I don't like round faces.Dynasty Grande is a great deal right now. Easy easy easy (easy to get there, easy into the room, and easy on the wallet.) It's a great all round Nana pull place.

OK. Huh? Rainbow 4 has been jam packed with tall skinny girls, a bunch of newbies from Phitsanulok, and a couple of new 9/10 stunners from Nakhon Si Thammarat (check out those long legs, high thin waists, large antigravity breasts, classic jaw lines and perfect noses: typical of that area.) Rainbow One IS pretty grim though, and I must admit that it has gone to seed from just a year ago.

I greatly prefer Soi Cowboy where the girls are more lively, more pretty, and have a few really good dancers (Shark, Baccara, etc.).Soi Cowboy is great these days and I have gotten some fantastic pulls out of downstairs Baccara lately. Found myself almost falling hard for one that had just arrived from Si Sa Ket. Took her three nights in a row, simply outstanding. Have to watch myself dammit. This is the kind where you wake up two years later and go, "Holy shit! Where am I? WTF happened? How the hell did I get here, who left the cap off the freaking toothpaste, who forgot to take garbage out, and whoa, hold the phone, whose kid is that?

Baccara girls do seem to love the Grand Millennium, also very easy easy, just a four minute walk. The beds are simply fantastic, and, oh yeah, how about those floor to ceiling bedside mirrors?

Great deals to be had out there right now.

Redfield10
09-18-09, 08:04
I wouldn't struggle with it too much. Anywhere you book between soi 23 and soi 4 will be accessible to nana, soi cowboy, the beer garden, etc.

It depends more on how much you want to spend, really.

I mean, you can even walk from soi 4 to soi 23 in probably 20 minutes. If you wanted to.

Thanks. Since I have never been to Bangkok so have no ideal where to stay. I was only choosing MS because it was highly recommend when I searched through the postings in the Bangkok Hotel section.

I will do more research since some thought that MS was too near the action. I plan on taking my time and check out more hotels before I commit since I won't be there until March.

Citidines on soi 11 sounds nice since I do want to check out the famous Beer Garden.

Csun213
09-18-09, 17:10
I wouldn't struggle with it too much. Anywhere you book between soi 23 and soi 4 will be accessible to nana, soi cowboy, the beer garden, etc.

It depends more on how much you want to spend, really.

I mean, you can even walk from soi 4 to soi 23 in probably 20 minutes. If you wanted to.

Thanks, I will probably do what some of the guys suggested which is just to book a hotel for a couple of days then check out all the other hotels when I am there.

Acerboy
09-18-09, 20:09

Should I cancel the reservation and book Nana Hotel?The last time I stayed there was Dec,08, the rooms were kind of old. the wireless was free part of the room deal. It is a long walk to nana. the thing that pissed me off was the taxi mafia who camp outside the hotel. They wanted to charge Bhat400 to airport which cost me Bhat200 + Bhat70 for tolls. tip the taxi that I took just from the corner of the hotel. Use the damn meter guys. anyway depending what you paid, you can try their sister hotel Grand President on soi 11. Near nana? well Dynasty Grande, you can crawl to Nana and the rooms is good size to have 2-3 girls at one go. ;)

Nana hotel is a dump.

M P Lurker
09-19-09, 06:29
OK. Huh? Rainbow 4 has been jam packed with tall skinny girls, a bunch of newbies from Phitsanulok, and a couple of new 9/10 stunners from Nakhon Si Thammarat (check out those long legs, high thin waists, large antigravity breasts, classic jaw lines and perfect noses: typical of that area.) Rainbow One IS pretty grim though, and I must admit that it has gone to seed from just a year ago.

Correction I meant to say Rainbow 4.
Here was my report:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=834719&postcount=4806

But it could well have improved in last few months.

Soi Cowboy is great these days and I have gotten some fantastic pulls out of downstairs Baccara lately. Found myself almost falling hard for one that had just arrived from Si Sa Ket. Took her three nights in a row, simply outstanding.
Miss W maybe (I forget the number)?

Joe Eyal
09-19-09, 06:35
I would like to book Swiss Park Hotel in Bangkok.

Any comments?

Thank you

Goyave
09-19-09, 11:00
I have once stayed at Lebu and the girls have to deposit their IDs with the recpetion which i don't like because reception also asks which room they are going to and then call the guest to confirm. Are there any other ways so that the reception can be avided?

At the Honey Hotel (http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm) (Sukhumvit Soi 19), you can avoid the reception if you wish. You can keep the key of your room with you when you go out and when you come back, just go to your room directly and nobody will bother you.

You have to be careful though with your "guests", but if you are, there's no problem at all at least with the staff of this hotel. No joiner fee even if you have more than one girl with you: I already came back to this hotel with two girls several times and once with three and it has always been perfectly hassle-free...

I already wrote about this hotel in an old report:

Other reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d633092-r6178980-Honey_Hotel-Bangkok.html

M P Lurker
09-19-09, 12:11
I have once stayed at Lebu and the girls have to deposit their IDs with the recpetion which i don't like because reception also asks which room they are going to and then call the guest to confirm. Are there any other ways so that the reception can be avided?
Why avoid this?

These measures are for protection or for the girl's protection too. The girl would not be allowed to leave with her until they check that you are O.K. and have not been robbed. If any problem with the girl they will know who she is and can be reported to police.

I heard of a girl being murdered by a psycho guest in a Hotel room. So if the girl never came back for her Id., the Hotel should find out what happened to her. This would not save her, but might avoid a further murder of a subsequent girl.
P.S. I don't know if the story was true but possible.

Pita123
09-19-09, 12:35
Why avoid this?

These measures are for protection or for the girl's protection too. The girl would not be allowed to leave with her until they check that you are O.K. and have not been robbed. If any problem with the girl they will know who she is and can be reported to police.

I totally agree. If I am with a girl known well to me (previous acquaintance, a regular at the establishment from where I BFed her, etc) I will just wave the security guys off and tell them she is a guest. Never gotten push back from them. I don't typically pick up random freelancers, per se, but if the girl is an unknown quantity to me I may well march her over to security for them to take note of or take her ID.

M P Lurker
09-19-09, 15:59
Many guys are enquiring about Hotels close to Nana Plaza and to Soi Cowboy. Indeed there are heaps of Hotels in easy walking distance from both of these.

This Map, unfinished but shows location of most important Hotels between Chitlom and On Nut on Sukhumvit BTS line, plus shows Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy. The reason is that other Maps locating Hotels are badly inaccurate.
So where is the Hotel really????

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&gl=au&ie=UTF8&near=Bangkok&split=1&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.738843,100.558999&spn=0.009484,0.017188&z=16

Web sites are provided for many Hotels but you still need to search for best price deals from sites like: wotif, Agoda, Asia Rooms, Late Stays, hoteltravel, Bangkok.com, etc. or a really good local travel agent.

GF (girl friendly) indicators are provided, if known.

Consider distance to BTS stations too.
Some of these Hotels are great, some will be shit. Its not intended to recommend anything. Information only.
This Bangkok Hotels ISG thread will hopefully report what guys thought of Hotels.

Comments/corrections welcome (provided massive effort not required). There must be some errors.
Information likely to change frequently will not be provided, e.g. the latest price.

Use thread search to get other information by Hotel Name, being careful to spell correctly, e.g. Dawin is not Darwin!
If no one ever wrote about a Hotel, it may not be the best idea unless you are a gambler, or perhaps the Hotel is new.

Barko
09-19-09, 20:47
confirm that this upgrade was completed at check-in?

cheers, yupdate on upgrades at grand millennium. the 330 baht and 1100 baht upgrades are no more. gone. history.

the latest, and only, update package available now is "executive club privelege". cost = an extra 1500 baht (on top of the 2499 +125 wotif secret price.) this upgrade includes private vip check-in/out at exec lounge, free 45 minute thai massage, snacks, soft drinks, and puu puus in the exec lounge all day, two hours of board room/private office use, evening cocktails for two, high speed internet, and full exec lounge gourmet buffet breakfast. normal rate for this complete package is 7600 baht inc tax.

not sure if it is all really worth the discounted price of 4100 baht here. at this level it becomes fairly pricey for simple soi cowboy dilly dally shit, but i'm doing the research on it now and will report.

plz excuse if there are typos and shitface errors, 3:00 am, just finished round two of a five hour session with the lovely and sensationally talented 'miss j'. (i never remember numbers either mick) eight tequila shooters to the good tonight too. now i'm starving and ready to crater, old fart's disease.

more later.

Member #2041
09-19-09, 20:49

Any comments?

Thank you

Make sure you don't check out of there the way David Carradine did.

Oops - my mistake - he checked out of the Swissotel Nai Lert Park. Different place.

Jgm005
09-20-09, 00:01
i appreciate your information on gm. i've been following the posts on it and noticed it was gone for the november time frame that i'd be there. also following it latestays.

update on upgrades at grand millennium. the 330 baht and 1100 baht upgrades are no more. gone. history.

the latest, and only, update package available now is "executive club privelege". cost = an extra 1500 baht (on top of the 2499 +125 wotif secret price.) this upgrade includes private vip check-in/out at exec lounge, free 45 minute thai massage, snacks, soft drinks, and puu puus in the exec lounge all day, two hours of board room/private office use, evening cocktails for two, high speed internet, and full exec lounge gourmet buffet breakfast. normal rate for this complete package is 7600 baht inc tax.

not sure if it is all really worth the discounted price of 4100 baht here. at this level it becomes fairly pricey for simple soi cowboy dilly dally shit, but i'm doing the research on it now and will report.

plz excuse if there are typos and shitface errors, 3:00 am, just finished round two of a five hour session with the lovely and sensationally talented 'miss j'. (i never remember numbers either mick) eight tequila shooters to the good tonight too. now i'm starving and ready to crater, old fart's disease.

more later.

Yendor
09-20-09, 06:49
update on upgrades at grand millennium. the 330 baht and 1100 baht upgrades are no more. gone. history.

more later.

thanks for the update. i'm booked in on the wotif deal for the weekend in early oct (2nd-3rd) and was keen on the thb330 upgrade deal - choke mai dee maak loei!

i was going to stay the following weekend there as well, but may opt for something that has free internet as well - dg, aspen or (maybe) admiral premier. but like mp lurker, i also prefer handy to mrt/bts.

cheers, y

Rambis Youth
09-20-09, 07:43
According to Wotif.com it ends on 20th October. A few weeks back it ran only until 30th September and it was extended. Hopefully they extend it again as I don't arrive until late October.

Interestingly, for the next week or so the rate has gone down to 2200 baht.

M P Lurker
09-20-09, 11:47
Update on upgrades at Grand Millennium. The 330 Baht and 1100 Baht upgrades are no more. Gone. History.
<cut>

Plz excuse if there are typos and shitface errors, 3:00 AM, just finished round two of a five hour session with the lovely and sensationally talented 'Miss J'. (I never remember numbers either Mick) Eight tequila shooters to the good tonight too. Now I'm starving and ready to crater, old fart's disease.

More later.
You probably gave the upgrades so much publicity that they had to take them away :D Just kidding! I was offered an upgrade without asking for it.

There are a lot of very cheap nearby alternatives I will hopefully try soon. e.g. SilQ, Baan 20, Darjelling, etc.

Meanwhile the Admiral Premier room was quite acceptable, despite tiny b/f room.

Don't worry about typos. Most of us make heaps of them, belEIve me! As long as its not complete jumblish, it will have to do.

M P Lurker
09-20-09, 12:02
Any comments?
Oldish budget 3 star. Good breakfast is a common comment but poor water pressure.

http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/facilities.htm

Its not clear to me if rooms have any internet. Might have to go downstairs or to business area.

Yendor
09-20-09, 12:06
For those who are 'free-wheeling' with their loot, I see wotif has (today) started selling the Conrad for THB4944 with free upgrade to deluxe corner, free internet and THB 1500 towards spa, and 17:00 late check-out.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W70048&page=3&viewType=all&startDay=2009-10-07

Still, a bloke can do quite a bit with the change from THB4944 if staying somewhere more modest for, say, THB 2000...

Bounce Around
09-21-09, 06:46
Hi All,

Planning to be in BKK first week of OCT.

http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?country=TH&region=9371&startDay_displayed_=Tue+29+Sep+2009&startDay=2009-09-29&accommodationTypeMatch=&roomTypeCategoryMatch=&starRatingMatch=&maximumPrice=&****urrencyCode=THB&propertyNameMatch=&assumedCountry=TH&selectedSuggestionId=&searchTerms=&page=1&viewType=all

The Grand Millenium secret deal seems over priced for 6 nights. There are a few WOTif deals on for Sukhumvitt area hotels... two that interest me are 1999 and 2099. A few questions to the experienced as until today was not aware of WOTif (thanks Barko):

The hotels for 1999 and 2099 say the room is for two adults - extra adult is 800 and 1500 respectively. (Grand Millenium secret deal also states 2 adults but doesn't quote an extra charge) so i am assuming that means no joiner fee unless you bring back two girls?

Also the 2099 hotel says it is a new 4.5 star on Soi 11. Anybody willing to guess which one? I haven't been there for over a year. (I'm thinking its President Palace - anyone with info on this hotel? sister property came up on a search here and rated good)

Thanks in Advance.

PS. Anyone in BKK 30 sept-4th oct do PM me and lets get together for a drink...

M P Lurker
09-21-09, 16:18
For those who are 'free-wheeling' with their loot, I see wotif has (today) started selling the Conrad for THB4944 with free upgrade to deluxe corner, free internet and THB 1500 towards spa, and 17:00 late check-out.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W70048&page=3&viewType=all&startDay=2009-10-07

Still, a bloke can do quite a bit with the change from THB4944 if staying somewhere more modest for, say, THB 2000...
For that price they would need to include a special bed warmer!

Aries3288
09-21-09, 23:53
Hi All,

Also the 2099 hotel says it is a new 4.5 star on Soi 11. Anybody willing to guess which one? I haven't been there for over a year.

Thanks in Advance.This is the President Palace Hotel which is located right next to the Grand President on Soi 11 and also belongs to the same group.

Their website is - http://www.presidentpalacehotel.com/

Rambis Youth
09-22-09, 06:00
Google will show that the deal for 2099 is the President Palace Hotel.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W61264&page=1&viewType=all&startDay=2009-09-29

Edit: Beaten by a moderated report!

Yendor
09-22-09, 08:47
Well, I'm still tossing up if I take the Grand Millennium 'wot hotel' for 3 nights = THB 7500, or the Admiral Premier 65sqm Suite deal pay for 2, stay 3 deal at THB6,998 which includes free wifi, and breakfast for 2 of the 3 nights.

Both seem like good deals, but AP seems to offer slightly more. Both are, I think, non-refundable deals.

Attracted by the AP suite size for last 3 nights in LOS, but put off by distance to Cowboy or BTS - not that I mind walking it....but the company may!

Thoughts on relative merits? My sense is that AP is 'more guest friendly' ?

Cheers, Y

1Ball
09-22-09, 09:07
Google will show that the deal for 2099 is the President Palace Hotel.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W61264&page=1&viewType=all&startDay=2009-09-29
You always plan this far out, Rambis? ;)

Yendor
09-22-09, 10:45
Hi All,

http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?country=TH&region=9371&startDay_displayed_=Tue+29+Sep+2009&startDay=2009-09-29&accommodationTypeMatch=&roomTypeCategoryMatch=&starRatingMatch=&maximumPrice=&****urrencyCode=THB&propertyNameMatch=&assumedCountry=TH&selectedSuggestionId=&searchTerms=&page=1&viewType=all

The Grand Millenium secret deal seems over priced for 6 nights. There are a few WOTif deals on for Sukhumvitt area hotels... two that interest me are 1999 and 2099. A few questions to the experienced as until today was not aware of WOTif (thanks Barko):

The hotels for 1999 and 2099 say the room is for two adults - extra adult is 800 and 1500 respectively. (Grand Millenium secret deal also states 2 adults but doesn't quote an extra charge) so i am assuming that means no joiner fee unless you bring back two girls?

Also the 2099 hotel says it is a new 4.5 star on Soi 11. Anybody willing to guess which one? I haven't been there for over a year. (I'm thinking its President Palace - anyone with info on this hotel? sister property came up on a search here and rated good)

Thanks in Advance.

PS. Anyone in BKK 30 sept-4th oct do PM me and lets get together for a drink...

The 'wot hotel' deal on Sukh for THB 1999 is the FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit for min 3 nights. The clue in matching the descriptions of the property was the giveaway line '300 threat [sic] linen'. I had friends book this deal and it was, indeed, the Furama. Sounds nice, but I wasn't convinced 100% GF.

I will be in BKK 1-4, and 6-11 Oct, but...um...have plans catching up with colleagues and friends. I'll drop a PM once the activity rate becomes clear.

Cheers, Y

M P Lurker
09-22-09, 14:45
The 'wot hotel' deal on Sukh for THB 1999 is the FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit for min 3 nights. The clue in matching the descriptions of the property was the giveaway line '300 threat [sic] linen'. I had friends book this deal and it was, indeed, the Furama. Sounds nice, but I wasn't convinced 100% GF.

I will be in BKK 1-4, and 6-11 Oct, but...um...have plans catching up with colleagues and friends. I'll drop a PM once the activity rate becomes clear.

Cheers, Y
While updating Map, I noticed other sites offering equivalent cheap prices for Fx Sukhumvit (Asoke) in September if you have no need to be able to cancel (could book one day at a time).

Prices are going up in October a bit.

Agoda for this month has 1606 + taxes
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/furamaxclusive_sukhumvit_hotel.html

Late Stays 1899 all inclusive.
http://www.latestays.com/furamaxclusive-sukhumvit-bangkok/

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.739156,100.562207&spn=0.005597,0.008529&z=17

Shinkage
09-22-09, 15:04
a bit late, but wanted to thank barko for the original grand millennium tip. i used it during the 2nd week of september and was offered the club room as an upgrade option as he stated earlier.

gm was very nice, atelier restaurant was definitely a place for a good meal.

it's unfortunate that the original wotif deal has ended.

staff was attentive and friendly, the hotel is gf, however they did require the id of your guest for "your safety."

thanks barko!

sk

more later.

Yendor
09-22-09, 19:07
While updating Map, I noticed other sites offering equivalent cheap prices for Fx Sukhumvit (Asoke) in September if you have no need to be able to cancel (could book one day at a time).

Prices are going up in October a bit.

Agoda for this month has 1606 + taxes
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/furamaxclusive_sukhumvit_hotel.html

Late Stays 1899 all inclusive.
http://www.latestays.com/furamaxclusive-sukhumvit-bangkok/

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.739156,100.562207&spn=0.005597,0.008529&z=17

The one you note is the Fx Sukhumvit on Soi 1, I was referring to the (apparently) nicer Fx Asoke-Sukhumvit on Ratchada, just along from teh sukh intersection.

Anyway, I'm still undecided on AP or GM given the respective deals outlined 4-5 posts ago...

Bounce Around
09-23-09, 06:14
An email to both President Palace and fx suk (asoke) revealed no joiner fees.

President said they may take photocopy of ID. I'll probably just go for the 2099 deal on wotif.

Minuteman
09-23-09, 06:51
Does anybody know what secret hotel is the 1111 and 1300 (1444 some days) deal on WOTIF?

Thanks!

Yendor
09-23-09, 10:32
Does anybody know what secret hotel is the 1111 and 1300 (1444 some days) deal on WOTIF?

Thanks!

Hi minuteman, welcome to ISG. It is a bit hard to say quickly since there are so many 3+ star hotels. With 5 star hotels, there are not many (3-5) so I have simply compared descriptions until there is a giveaway 'match' (like a typo etc). Suggest you grab a coffee, open the 'wot hotel' deal of interest, and work your way 1 by 1....

Barko
09-23-09, 12:48

President said they may take photocopy of ID. I'll probably just go for the 2099 deal on wotif.FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit:

You may want to call fX regarding GF status to be sure though. Unless they have changed policy recently, there are no joiner fees if your person of interest is WITH you when you check in. If not, it's a roll of the dice depending on who the bell captains/guards/desk staff may be.

Take a copy of the email you received with you when you check in. fX can be mercenary on this point.

Rooms at fX are OK, a bit tight, and I am not a big fan of the 'boutique' ethic, but the beds & breakfasts there are quite good, almost enough to say that it's worth the price (1999+125 Baht.)

Wotif FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit Wotif Secret Deal:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W59071&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

President Palace:

All of the President (Compass) chain of facilities are GF. You can normally bypass the ID card checking/taking thing if you really want to (it IS in place for your protection) if you just say, "Fan ching ching khup", and state your room number as you slip by the bell guy. (I used to just make mention of it beforehand and grease the guy's palm with a blue or red note to ensure that he would simply disappear when I arrived with my little squeezie for the night.)

Rambis Youth
09-23-09, 13:53
The one for 1444 / 1300 is The Key
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50655&page=1&viewType=all

The other is not so obvious. I'll let you know if I figure it out!

Suntangh R
09-23-09, 14:10
The Ambassador Hotel has a huge collection of birds including Macaws. These Macaws keeping scrapping with each other and making a huge racket that wakes you up like an alarm at 5 in the morning, and they start cawing again in the evening. If your room in Grand President is facing that side. You've had it!

Ask for a room not overlooking the Birds of Ambassador Hotel.

I enjoyed my earlier stay at Majestic Grande. Smaller rooms, more expensive, but it's worth it.

Minuteman
09-23-09, 16:58
Hi minuteman, welcome to ISG. It is a bit hard to say quickly since there are so many 3+ star hotels. With 5 star hotels, there are not many (3-5) so I have simply compared descriptions until there is a giveaway 'match' (like a typo etc). Suggest you grab a coffee, open the 'wot hotel' deal of interest, and work your way 1 by 1....Thanks! Looks very nice for the price. Anybody have any knowledge whether The Key Bangkok is GF friendly or not?

Bob1000
09-24-09, 01:47
Thanks! Looks very nice for the price. Anybody have any knowledge whether The Key Bangkok is GF friendly or not?

The hotel is GF. Last time I stayed there-July 2009, the lobby receptionist did not even blink an eye when I brought in a girl. The elevator is located in the very front of the hotel and most of the time, you could not even see the reception people when you get into the elevator.

Long91
09-24-09, 03:55
Will be in BKK in Nov. for 3 days before going down to Pattaya. Can't decide between the Majestic Suites and Aspen Suites. I have stayed in Majestic before and all was great except the breakfast. Seems only drawback for Aspen is it's kinda far down Soi 2. Majestic is older Aspen is newer.

Noclew
09-24-09, 19:17
Will be in BKK in Nov. for 3 days before going down to Pattaya. Can't decide between the Majestic Suites and Aspen Suites. I have stayed in Majestic before and all was great except the breakfast. Seems only drawback for Aspen is it's kinda far down Soi 2. Majestic is older Aspen is newer.Aspen has a tuk tuk available from 7 to 9 and will run upto the Marriott. The breakfast is very limited. Since it is new, the rooms are nice and spacious with a kitchen. I have stayed here 3 times in since they opened and liked it.

Pekkakoo
09-24-09, 23:28
I am coming to Bangkok for a few months. Can anyone suggest a good hotel or apartment in Sukhumvit in a central location close to a BTS station. I will be working so I need a good and fast wireless Internet. I am not going to bring in a new girl every night but girl friendliness is a plus.

Minuteman
09-25-09, 01:31
I am going to be in Bangkok for almost 90 days. It seems to me that renting a serviced apartment is much, much cheaper than staying in an extended stay hotel.

Budget? I'd like to stay under 30,000 baht per month.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M P Lurker
09-25-09, 09:36

President said they may take photocopy of ID. I'll probably just go for the 2099 deal on wotif.
Strangely, must be luck, I have never ever been hit with a joiner fee at any Hotel over many years, excepting maybe short time hotels may have charged extra for having a girl with you.

So I am wondering if joiner fees is really just a bit of a scam? Or maybe I just haven't done enough taking girls for the night over the years.

I have been to places the were not GF at all though, but fortunately was having my GF check in properly.

Usually these places print rules saying no non-checked in guests after a certain time of day. Then you just get the girl to arrive in day time instead LOL (or not stay there).

M P Lurker
09-25-09, 09:43
Rooms at fX are OK, a bit tight, and I am not a big fan of the 'boutique' ethic, but the beds & breakfasts there are quite good, almost enough to say that it's worth the price (1999+125 Baht.)

What is "the boutique ethic"? or more particularly, what part of it doesn't appeal?

I always assumed that boutique means:
small (not so high rise), not so many staff hanging around with nothing to do, and maybe something missing, either pool or internet or gymnasium.

Or is it to do with style of decoration?
M P L

Goyave
09-25-09, 12:26
So I am wondering if joiner fees is really just a bit of a scam? Or maybe I just haven't done enough taking girls for the night over the years.

No. Joiner fees do exist. Well, I haven't visited these hotels recently (it's an understatement!), but on my first journey in Thailand (it was 10 years ago), I was charged a 500 baht joiner fee in a resort in Jomtien and later, a 300 baht joiner fee in a hotel in Pattaya. Maybe their policy have changed since, but they surely have lost a lot of potential returning customers.

If I am not mistaken, some hotels will (try to) charge you a joiner fee if you haven't booked your room directly with them but (for instance) using the service of a reservation agency or website. The Welcome Plaza hotel in Pattaya wanted to charge me a 300 baht joiner fee on my first stay because I booked online via Agoda, but I've been able to avoid being charged after speaking a bit with one member of their staff. I like this hotel because of its location and very reasonable rates, but since, I've booked my room directly using their email address and never have had any hassle anymore.

Since then, when I need to book a room in a hotel that I don't know yet, I try to find their email address and ask them if they charge any joiner fee for "guests" beforehand. And since I do that, I was never asked to pay a joiner fee in any hotel.

Mouse1
09-25-09, 13:55
Aspen has a tuk tuk available from 7 to 9 and will run upto the Marriott. The breakfast is very limited. Since it is new, the rooms are nice and spacious with a kitchen. I have stayed here 3 times in since they opened and liked it.I've stayed there too and can recommend it. But I haven't been back recently because it seems a little too far from the action. It's not really, but it's arguably at one end of the 'zone'!

Now I usually go to Citadines Soi 11. Similar, but perhaps more interesting, walk, and more central location.

Bandy
09-25-09, 19:03
M. P. Lurker and other members:

Please look at the following link:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W65699&page=4&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2009-10-22

The Wotif secret deal for 1700 Baht, including breakfast for Thursday October 22, 2009. I believe the Hotel is Grand President. Am I correct? If it is, then it must be for Stadard room in Tower 3. So do you recommend, Grand President at this price or the newer one close to it, President Palace Hotel (Wotif secret deal at 2099 Baht)?

Is Landmark really girl-friendly, I mean they don't charge any joiner fee? If it is true, then there is a great deal available through Expedia at an average cost of $70 ++ (rent Thursday [$140++] and get Friday free) per night.

Will appreciate any feedback regarding all these.

Bandy

Long91
09-26-09, 03:53
Thanks for the info on Aspen Suites. I did like my room being right on SUK. So I guess I will go with Majestic Suites again. Now where do I go for a good breakfast buffet?

Barko
09-26-09, 14:14
What is "the boutique ethic"? or more particularly, what part of it doesn't appeal?

small (not so high rise), not so many staff hanging around with nothing to do, and maybe something missing, either pool or internet or gymnasium.

M P LFiring this off as fast as I can.

OK. The word 'boutique' in Thailand has a different concept, and meaning, in flawed comparison to what the word implies in New York City, Montreal, Paris, Bordeaux, Nice, Geneva, Interlaken, Madrid, etc.

In Northern America and Europe, "boutique" means a smaller high quality hotel, with say 45 rooms (instead of 245, ) and fine well stylized sturdy furniture, albeit antique, modern, or ultra-moderne. The beds will be exceptionally splendid with a good collection of pillows and superb high thread count pure cotton throughout. The personalized service at a boutique hotel will be a good step above normal chain or other large hotels. Boutique hotel restaurants (if available) are expected to have menus with some high degree of dynamism and flair.

Therefore, so called "boutique" hotels will be uniquely above par, and, in some way, separate themselves from the pack of standard issue facilities available everywhere in the world. The quality is simply better, and you pay for it.

In Thailand, however, the overworked form of the word 'boutique' can mean anything, anything at all.

What a "boutique" hotel means to me in Thailand is: "Failure about to happen." Excruciatingly small rooms with flimsy 'crap modern' style Thai made furniture (insufferably dated even before the first day the hotel opens.) Bad desks and drawer setups with cheap metal legs. Thin doored closets that are ultimately scratched and/or waterstained. Quirky small bathrooms that are always ill designed and missing some sort of something. And, a front desk staff that is entirely clueless as to what the word "boutique" could possibly mean to anyone anywhere.

Therefore, "Boutique Hotel" in Thailand simply means "irritatingly inept, stiflingly small and unamusingly cheesy".

That's the reason I stay out of 'boutiques' Mick. Pure and simple. ;)

Now off to an Oktoberfest party with lots of hot Thai babes here in Phuket. Gonna be a good one, wish me luck!

Stiffoak 571
09-27-09, 00:21

M P LI always describe the Lodge as "boutique" partly to justify at home why I stay there rather than a big 4/5 star at similar price.

Csun213
09-27-09, 01:08
Hi guys, sorry to bother you again but have anyone stayed at Royal Ivory hotel or Swiss Park? One of my friends want to stay close to Nana area. So far we are looking at these 2 with preference for Royal Ivory Hotel since it is new. Thanks

Wandere
09-27-09, 06:34
Hi guys, sorry to bother you again but have anyone stayed at Royal Ivory hotel or Swiss Park? One of my friends want to stay close to Nana area. So far we are looking at these 2 with preference for Royal Ivory Hotel since it is new. ThanksI know about Swiss Park,the hotel is gf,nice and clean,located close to Nana,please book double to avoid problems.

Mrbizla
09-27-09, 07:18
Hey folks.

2 nights at Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8. It is a long, long way from Suk rd, and in the heat it can seem like forever. It was only when I was leaving that I noticed the callbox sign for the free hotel tuk tuk! Rooms reasonable for price in terms of size and nice balcony, swimming pool I didn't use and free breakfast. However, squashed insects adorned the front of my fridge, the bath was filthy (I'm not obsessed with cleanliness but perhaps denotes decline / laziness of staff? .) the curtain rail didn't work and generally the room felt grubby. Sort of half recommend and half not. Your choice.

Oh, didn't mention that they have in house massage service. I went straight from the airport to my hotel, took a shower and so on, then called for service. To be laid within an hour of hitting Bangkok, in the first building I visited, felt like an admirable achievement for a LOS virgin I can tell you!

Moved to City lodge on Soi 19 near Cowboy. Good, modern, recently renovated rooms with (shitty) balcony for 300 less than the suite at Royal Asia (so 1500 / night). Bonuses are that you are 20m from Suk Rd, there is a 7-11 next door, and if you fancy a 'night cap' there will be girls hanging around on the corner. You could almost hook-a-duck them in with a long pole!

And boy, when it hit 39 deg yesterday lunch time the air con was heaven (not quite as heavenly as Baccara's glass dance floor but that is for another forum.)

Have fun boys x

Mr B

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Barko
09-27-09, 16:12
A bit late, but wanted to Thank Barko for the original Grand Millennium tip. I used it during the 2nd week of September and was offered the Club room as an upgrade option as he stated earlier.

GM was very nice, Atelier Restaurant was definitely a place for a good meal.

It's unfortunate that the original Wotif deal has ended.

Staff was attentive and friendly, the hotel is GF, however they did require the ID of your guest for "your safety."

Thanks Barko!

SKISG members at your service. Glad it worked for you Shinkage, see you when you hit T'land next time.

Cheers! (Ein Prosit!) Best, B.

Csun213
09-27-09, 20:53
I know about Swiss Park,the hotel is gf,nice and clean,located close to Nana,please book double to avoid problems.

Thanks, if we stay there, we will make sure we book a double.

M P Lurker
09-28-09, 11:07
Firing this off as fast as I can.

OK. The word 'boutique' in Thailand has a different concept, and meaning, in flawed comparison to what the word implies in New York City, Montreal, Paris, Bordeaux, Nice, Geneva, Interlaken, Madrid, etc.

In Northern America and Europe, "boutique" means a smaller high quality hotel, with say 45 rooms (instead of 245, ) and fine well stylized sturdy furniture, albeit antique, modern, or ultra-moderne. The beds will be exceptionally splendid with a good collection of pillows and superb high thread count pure cotton throughout. The personalized service at a boutique hotel will be a good step above normal chain or other large hotels. Boutique hotel restaurants (if available) are expected to have menus with some high degree of dynamism and flair.

Therefore, so called "boutique" hotels will be uniquely above par, and, in some way, separate themselves from the pack of standard issue facilities available everywhere in the world. The quality is simply better, and you pay for it.

In Thailand, however, the overworked form of the word 'boutique' can mean anything, anything at all.

What a "boutique" hotel means to me in Thailand is: "Failure about to happen." Excruciatingly small rooms with flimsy 'crap modern' style Thai made furniture (insufferably dated even before the first day the hotel opens.) Bad desks and drawer setups with cheap metal legs. Thin doored closets that are ultimately scratched and/or waterstained. Quirky small bathrooms that are always ill designed and missing some sort of something. And, a front desk staff that is entirely clueless as to what the word "boutique" could possibly mean to anyone anywhere.

Therefore, "Boutique Hotel" in Thailand simply means "irritatingly inept, stiflingly small and unamusingly cheesy".

That's the reason I stay out of 'boutiques' Mick. Pure and simple. ;)

Now off to an Oktoberfest party with lots of hot Thai babes here in Phuket. Gonna be a good one, wish me luck!
Fortuantely, I think Livingstone's Lodge comes far closer to your European style of "boutique hotel".

Of course I haven't found anything that is perfect for me 100% and still a great price. Compromise between price, standard, service, and facilities is the aim. The other thing I notice is I get more fussy as I get older.

I think its a case of select the right Hotel, regardless of whther considered boutique or not. I am willing to try Boutiques (coming highly recommended of course).

Something that annoys me at many hotels is poor pipe drainage in showers and wash basins and smells eminating from pipes.

I think there must be too much clogging with sperm due to sex in the showers or girls spitting it out in the basin. :D
I am almost tempted to buy my own draino!

Of course Thais don't know how to (or are too lazy to) build bathrooms that slope correctly to the drainage hole. I think they employ Farang oversears for many high class construction sites.

M P Lurker
09-28-09, 11:09
Thanks for the info on Aspen Suites. I did like my room being right on SUK. So I guess I will go with Majestic Suites again. Now where do I go for a good breakfast buffet?
Majestic Grande had a good buffet b/f from memory.

Acerboy
09-29-09, 10:08
This is the President Palace Hotel which is located right next to the Grand President on Soi 11 and also belongs to the same group.

Their website is - http://www.presidentpalacehotel.com/Guys,

I've booked President Palace thru Wotif and it is indeed President Palace as confirmed by you guys. Thanks!

I'd take President Palace over Grand President based on Bhat2099 vs B1700. The only thing I dislike about these 2 hotels is the taxi mafia hang around the area. since I travel light, I'll walk and hail a taxi close by. I usually stay in CitiChic.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W69529&startDay=2009-10-15&page=2&viewType=all

Bigben0
09-29-09, 13:09
Hi,

Can someone please recommend a Hotel near either Nana or Cowboy that wont mind me bringing back 2 guests

Thx

Aries3288
09-30-09, 02:13
Guys,

I'd take President Palace over Grand President based on Bhat2099 vs B1700. The only thing I dislike about these 2 hotels is the taxi mafia hang around the area. since I travel light, I'll walk and hail a taxi close by. I usually stay in CitiChic.I don't know about President Palace as I have not stayed there before but at the Grand President they have a man or lady outside the entrance of Tower 2 who will call a meter taxi for you with no service charge.

Aries3288
09-30-09, 02:16
Hi,

Can someone please recommend a Hotel near either Nana or Cowboy that wont mind me bringing back 2 guests

ThxMost of the hotels around Cowboy would have no problem with you bringing back two guests. Jasmine Executive Suite is closest to Cowboy, have nice rooms and a great breakfast. Citadine Sukhumvit 23 is another great hotel. If you need to use the internet at Jasmine, bring your own cable and you can connect for free in the room. If you request them for a cable, you will be charged about 200 THB as internet is chargeable.

Bounce Around
09-30-09, 04:58
Got in last evening, checked-in and on a whim decided to get upgraded to the club floor for an extra 1600 (2099+1699). Not sure if its worth it yet, you get to launder 3 items a day, minibar items free, happy hour, late check out... Room is nice and new... Only booked through wotif for 2 nights; so will see if i want to stay here the other 4 nights.

Barko
09-30-09, 10:18
Hi,

ThxGrand Millennium Asoke Sukhumvit. Three minutes walk from Soi Cowboy. Have done multiples here many many times. No problem whatsoever. I've taken 3 with me there too but was too zonked and horny/busy to remember to take pics. Seriously, I don't think they give a shit whether I fielded an entire army of bar baby hotties, just as long as I make sure everything is back to normal before I check out.

Sure, OK, there are lots of places I have used before for multiples as well. All of the Presidents are OK, Citidines 8 & 11, all of the Marriotts, all of the Centre Points, Majestic Grand. Hell, there are a ton of them.

The Grand Millennium has been by far the easiest for being virtually right on top of Soi Cowboy.

Let me know if you need more than that.

Examples from Grand Millenium only, separate occasions, all different chicks: funzone1-vidcap, funzone 2 & 3-pics.

Nandu
09-30-09, 14:30
Can anyone confirm whether Paradiso Boutique suites on Soi 10 and Darjelling on Soi 18 are GF hotels?

If not what is the joiner fee?

Theant
10-01-09, 06:11
Can anyone confirm whether Paradiso Boutique suites on Soi 10 and Darjelling on Soi 18 are GF hotels?

If not what is the joiner fee?Stayed at Paradiso Suites in August and it is GF. Very new hotel. Good.

Fast Eddie 48
10-01-09, 06:47
Grand Millennium Asoke Sukhumvit. Three minutes walk from Soi Cowboy. Have done multiples here many many times. No problem whatsoever. I've taken 3 with me there too but was too zonked and horny/busy to remember to take pics. Seriously, I don't think they give a shit whether I fielded an entire army of bar baby hotties, just as long as I make sure everything is back to normal before I check out.Sure, OK, there are lots of places I have used before for multiples as well. All of the Presidents are OK, Citidines 8 & 11, all of the Marriotts, all of the Centre Points, Majestic Grand. Hell, there are a ton of them.

The Grand Millennium has been by far the easiest for being virtually right on top of Soi Cowboy.

Let me know if you need more than that.

Examples from Grand Millenium only, separate occasions, all different chicks: funzone1-vidcap, funzone 2 & 3-pics.[/QUOTE]Barko,

I think you need a larger bed for 3 girls .you need to book a suite at Majestic grande with a king size bed for a good foursome, the bed you got there at grand millenium is good for one on one only.

Fast Eddie 48

Bounce Around
10-01-09, 10:19
so, i checked out of the deluxe club level room and into a regular superior room at the wotif price 2099.

decent basic room. all the regular stuff: decent bed, decent shower same tv and internet speed is about the same (i think it may be slightly slower. didn't do a real speed test).

so you won't get the club lounge with free drinks at happy hour or the private club breakfast (which is basically the same as the regular one). but unless you are entertaining and drink/eat a lot by yourselves this isn't worth the extra 1600 bht over 6 days. no laundry (also not a problem for me as i packed enough clothes (plus laundry on soi 11 is probably cheap). no free minibar (no problem with 7-11). the free minibar is basically two beers (one hieneken, one singha), one mini white wine, one bacardi breezer, one coke, one sprite, peanuts. nothing to write home about.

the deluxe room does have a seperate shower and tub, while the tub is nice and deep with plenty of hot water pressure. the tub itself is all hard angles. not very comfortable to soak in.

Yellow Fever #2
10-01-09, 17:12

If not what is the joiner fee?

A few days ago I stayed at the Darjelling Hotel.

Hotel is very GF. The girl left her ID card at the front desk when she came into the hotel but I don't think that was even necessary. She took the ID card out and put it on the counter by herself without prompting.

It is a good value, 1400B/night (low season), wifi in all rooms, comfortable room and bed with bathtub and clear window to room, simple breakfast. Safe in ROOM. Location is good, really only 3 minutes to Soi Cowboy.

Barko
10-02-09, 00:01
...the bed you got there at grand millenium is good for one on one only.Grand Millennium: Standard king. Eight pillows. We all fit fine.

Also, now consider this: Two little chickies with me kicking back in the over-sized bathtub, cumulonimbus amounts of bubbles, and one more hottie doing sexy dance showoffs in the glass door shower, (they took turns.) External speakers in bathroom from HDMI TV connected via laptop w/deep bass. Hot stuff there.

See through floor to ceiling glass windows next to bathtub to view 42" HD LCD TV in bedroom. Three separate laptop inputs on the wall next to the oversize glass desk, (HDMI, RCA 3 pin, & Computer VGA w/audio.) So there you go, over-the-top Hi Def XXX movies, generated from my laptop to the HDTV, and viewed from the bubble tub as well. Now, fill the sink with a ton of ice and all of their favorite drinks. Got the picture? Thai chicks love all of it and go totally off the charts with this shit.

It's all about the stuff the less advanced hotels don't have, it does make a difference, and, it makes the girls go crazy with super hot & horny 'try anything' energy, ESPECIALLY in multiples.

Also, floor to ceiling mirrors next to bed with adjustable spot lighting wands on each side. Everybody gets to watch the hot action as if they were making their very own pRoN flick. You just can't believe how much they get into all of this.

Nope, no problems at all with the size of the bed. No problems at all. Heh.

Jigsaw1
10-02-09, 00:29
I am looking for a cheap hotel (Girl Friendly) with wi-fi for one night at Bangkok, should be close to most of the Bangkok's hot spots i.e massage centers/bars/clubs etc.

M P Lurker
10-02-09, 04:31
Thought I would try Citadines 23, briefly, despite Tansak saying he didn't like it, since I won't have an entourage of girls (only GF).

This place is O.K. but now-where near the standard of Grand Millenium, virtually next door, of course. Significantly cheaper. I prefer the Admiral Premier round the corner over Citadines 23.

The room is quite good, but bed a fraction too hard for my liking, although some cheap hotels have harder beds than this. Grand Millenium, in contrast, has beds/pillows that are like sleeping on a cloud.

The worst part is the included breakfast is very ordinary. Very little variety, e.g. only eggs were fried eggs which don't appeal. The pastries were poor. The fruit selection was poor. Phat Thai noodles so-so. Coffee O.K.

The desk rang the room, disturbing me, to ask what time I would check out on Saturday. Why not ask me when I checked in?

Other Hotels nearby that I plan to try:
Silq, Fx, Darjelling, Baan 18 or Baan 20.

Member #3428
10-02-09, 04:45
Thought I would try Citadines 23, briefly, despite Tansak saying he didn't like it, since I won't have an entourage of girls (only GF).

I warned you.... I don't BS on my posts and we have similar tastes. Soi 23 Citidines is the worst citidines / ascott / sommerset property in all of Asia that I have ever stayed in.

If you get a chance walk Soi 22 to Admiral. I swear that is a hike and a half and the rooms are not adequate. I'd love to get your opinion but for me that place is also a place I'll pass on.

Citidines Soi 11 was OK but the breakfast was lacking. They have told me they have improved their selection at Soi 11 but I've had better offers at other locations so haven't been back there in about half a year.

Noclew
10-02-09, 21:09
Hi,

Any suggestions for a 1 bedroom serviced apartment/hotel for about 1 week towards the middle of November for under $60 including taxes.

I recently stayed at the Grand Mercure Asoke in July during their sale, it was great. Would like something close to Sukumvit.

Thanks

Bearsk
10-03-09, 04:23
I have good offer on Conrad residences in the next few weeks.
Any experience on the board there? ?GF

Member #3428
10-03-09, 04:29

Conrad over by wireless? More upscale. No shorts in the bar. Kind of snooty. Hillary Clinton Stayed there and took up 200 friggin rooms. The decor is nice.

I got girls in but I registered as a couple. They were not happy with the girls who dressed like sluts walking around but I never got any comments about it just a few stares.

I know a person who works in the exec offices there and they are very used to overnight guests but they prefer more upscale overnight guests then low class sluts. Now she did directly ask me not to parade a group of girls around the hotel as she got me the good rates :D

M P Lurker
10-03-09, 04:41
I warned you.... I don't BS on my posts and we have similar tastes. Soi 23 Citidines is the worst citidines / ascott / sommerset property in all of Asia that I have ever stayed in.

If you get a chance walk Soi 22 to Admiral. I swear that is a hike and a half and the rooms are not adequate. I'd love to get your opinion but for me that place is also a place I'll pass on.

Citidines Soi 11 was OK but the breakfast was lacking. They have told me they have improved their selection at Soi 11 but I've had better offers at other locations so haven't been back there in about half a year.
I have been known to be stubborn, but I will take Tansak's word for it in future. I am certainly not going to try the the Admiral Suites, as seems it is barely a Hotel at all and since Tansak says its no good.
Admiral Premier (close to Cowboy) is quite good though.

I won't be at Citadines 23, with beds too hard, any more as the breakfast is really the worst selection I have experienced in staying at many Hotels in Thailand. Would be better to pass up the included breakfast and eat somewhere else.

So I am moving to another nearby Hotel.
Hotels that I have liked in this region so far were:
Grand Millenium (when price is right)
Admiral Premier
Dream

A bit further away from Cowboy I have enjoyed:
Grand President
Livingstone's Lodge
Hopeland Exec Apartments

I would be staying at Silq (Soi 19) today except that some girls I know work in a Rock Music Pub a bit too close to it.
GF probably doesn't need to meet them ;)

Bearsk
10-03-09, 05:06
Just what I need ... Most nights i will be screwing Hilary but I can order in provided Hilary do not leave in her **** shoes!

Conrad over by wireless? More upscale. No shorts in the bar. Kind of snooty. Hillary Clinton Stayed there and took up 200 friggin rooms. The decor is nice.

I got girls in but I registered as a couple. They were not happy with the girls who dressed like sluts walking around but I never got any comments about it just a few stares.

I know a person who works in the exec offices there and they are very used to overnight guests but they prefer more upscale overnight guests then low class sluts. Now she did directly ask me not to parade a group of girls around the hotel as she got me the good rates :D

Pita123
10-03-09, 08:18

What is the difference between Conrad and Conrad Residences?

Member #3428
10-03-09, 09:11
What is the difference between Conrad and Conrad Residences?

One is hotel rooms, the other is serviced apartments. Same location.

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/guestRooms.do?ctyhocn=BKKRECI

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/guestRooms.do?ctyhocn=BKKCICI

Excellent property much better then PA which is sits next too... Even if PA is having their FT promotion....

Pita123
10-03-09, 09:58
Excellent property much better then PA which is sits next too... Even if PA is having their FT promotion....

I've heard opinions to the contrary running from the hardness of the beds to the tiny lounge when compared to the lounge at the PA.

Bearsk, what is the rate you are getting?

Member #3428
10-03-09, 10:05
I would be staying at Silq (Soi 19) today except that some girls I know work in a Rock Music Pub a bit too close to it.
GF probably doesn't need to meet them ;)

Dang it is too funny but I know which girls those are.... :D :D I should really get a new hobby other then mongering but I can't just seem to enjoy golf or tennis as much is do screwing :D

I won't be at Citadines 23, with beds too hard, any more as the breakfast is really the worst selection I have experienced in staying at many Hotels in Thailand. Would be better to pass up the included breakfast and eat somewhere else.

I agree but I'll go as far as saying the staff sucks also... but do not discount Citadines on Soi 11, that place is enjoyable for me.

Traveler1234
10-03-09, 19:01
One is hotel rooms, the other is serviced apartments. Same location.

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/guestRooms.do?ctyhocn=BKKRECI

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/guestRooms.do?ctyhocn=BKKCICI

I can't comment on PA but did stay at Conrad in late July. Unless you know Bkk, this is not a great location to monger. Getting in/out requires a car and Wireless Rd in that area is jammed.

Club floor rooms and service is great, my wife says Japanese rest is excellent. Not sure if GF.

Member #3428
10-04-09, 00:50
I can't comment on PA but did stay at Conrad in late July. Unless you know Bkk, this is not a great location to monger. Getting in/out requires a car and Wireless Rd in that area is jammed.

Club floor rooms and service is great, my wife says Japanese rest is excellent. Not sure if GF.

It is terrible place to monger and it is a terrible location IMHO, but you really don't stay at Conrad to monger now do you? It's an easy walk to the BTS so you don't need a taxi.

Fon Tok
10-04-09, 01:48
.....Also, floor to ceiling mirrors next to bed with adjustable spot lighting wands on each side. Everybody gets to watch the hot action as if they were making their very own pRoN flick. You just can't believe how much they get into all of this....Nope, no problems at all with the size of the bed. No problems at all. Heh. Some guys have all the fun....

Great report!

Traveller China
10-04-09, 07:37
Guys,

Do any of you know of a hotel near the airport where there are either inhouse services available or the hotel is in close proximity to fun and action? Novotel at the airport is not my cup of tea, and sometimes it is just too far downtown... Call me lazy if you wish, not that I will care, but isn't there something close to the airport akin to the saunas of China? All I need is a place to burn energy and then doze off for a few hours.

Primo Bolan
10-05-09, 20:10
Conrad is very GF. Stayed at the executive floor with food three times a day and in the evenings the cocktails were free. Also taken some candy back from Nana without any checking at all. Well all I can say is the hotels secret service guys did the job well, think they had a good overlook of what I brought in. They have a bar near the entrance where livebands plays in the evenings and where you can find some FLs.
PB

Member #2041
10-05-09, 21:32
Personally, I think that the Plaza Athenee is great - especially at the promo rates that are currently being offered. And I like the location as it's pretty darn easy to get to the Sukhumvit mongering venues, either by foot, by taxi, or by the BTS, but just far enough away that the sort of activity is not directly visible there, in case you are traveling with or meeting legitimate business associates or non-pros. My guests were always treated by the hotel staff as though they were my wife or significant other. I really like the Plaza Athenee's swimming pool - it's large, and it's in the sun for most of the day.

The Conrad is slightly nicer yet, but the location is slightly less convenient for mongering, as it adds another 300 meters or so to the walk.

Member #4698
10-06-09, 01:07
Personally, I think that the Plaza Athenee is great ... pretty darn easy to get to the Sukhumvit mongering venues ... by the BTS.

The Conrad is slightly nicer yet, but the location is slightly less convenient for mongering, as it adds another 300 meters or so to the walk.For me nothing is better than staying on Sukumvit for late afternoon and night time girly activity. But for daytime cultural/tourist stuff it's not as good because it is a long way off. For daytime BKK the area surrounded by Rachdamri - Wireless - Ploenchit is better because it is more convenient and more interesting, IMHO.

So it is a compromise. I have stayed at the Four Seasons and the Conrad. A friend of mine always stays at the Athenee. They are all good choices if you have the money. The Marriott Courtyard is the less expensive alternative in the area.

On Sukumvit there are lots of choices in all price categories. I have stayed at the Weston, the Marriott, and the Park Plaza. The corner room at the Park Plaza was just as good as a room at the Weston but the Weston has a better lobby. The Marriott is the Marriott. A nice hotel but kind of expensive. For that kind of money, I would prefer the Grand Hyatt, the Four Seasons or the Athenee unless I needed to be on Sukumvit in a high end hotel. It takes about 10 minutes to go from Ploenchit station to Asoke station. The trains stop running at 11 or 12.

M P Lurker
10-06-09, 06:46
Grand Millenium vs Admiral Premier Wotif deals
(many similar features ignored).

In each case GM meantioned first, AP follows.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.73827,100.563269&spn=0.00469,0.008014&z=17
Distance to BTS/MRT: 300m vs. 500m (Hotel Tuk Tuk avail if don't want to walk it).
Distance to Cowboy: 200m vs. 300m
Stars: 5 vs. 4
Deal Price incl taxes (incl b/f): THB 2999 vs. THB 2299
Room Size: Similar in each approx. 32 Sq.m
Breakfast: Very good selection (GM) vs. moderately good selection (lacking pastries) (AP)
AP breakfast room is a bit cramped which could be a problem in high season.
Internet price: THB 499 (24 hours GM) vs. free (included AP)
Special Note: AP has certain sites like ISG blocked but can post ISG reports from a nearby pub with free internet.
Bed: "sleep on cloud" vs. normal firm
Fridge: small, no freezer, and barely cold (GM) vs. Large cold and good freezer (AP)
Microwave oven: No vs. Yes
Plates/bowls etc.: No vs. Yes
In room DVD player: No (or hire THB 1000 per night GM) vs. Yes included (AP)
Bathroom: Both have bath as well as shower.
Pool and Gym: Yes vs. Yes but smaller
Girl Friendly: No problems at either.
Mirrors (for girl's makeup application ;) ): Excellent vs. Average

In the end, the problem with 5 star is you pay more but get less included in the package.
So in the future I will be preferring Admiral Premier.
GM's extra soft beds and fancier breakfast is not enough to overcome high internet cost, lack of a video player and the inadequate fridge.

So I think Admiral Premier is very good value for money with nothing missing of any importance (except maybe the access to ISG). No Hotel is perfect in every way.

M P Lurker
10-06-09, 07:26
I agree but I'll go as far as saying the staff sucks also... but do not discount Citadines on Soi 11, that place is enjoyable for me.
I'm suprised that you don't complain that Citadines 11 is 450m down Soi 11 and subject to heavy traffic at night from Bed Supper Club and other discos so close by.
GP was already far enough at about 300m, but the walk would do me good of course. ;)

Although I have liked Soi 11, I am thinking of staying in Petchburi Road, Pratu Nam when with GF, as she likes to go to Platinum Fashion Mall and Phanthip Plaza too much (gets boring). :(

Member #3428
10-06-09, 07:36
I'm suprised that you don't complain that Citadines 11 is 450m down Soi 11 and subject to heavy traffic at night from Bed Supper Club and other discos so close by.

GP was already far enough at about 300m, but the walk would do me good of course. ;)

Although I have liked Soi 11, I am thinking of staying in Petchburi Road, Pratu Nam when with GF, as she likes to go to Platinum Fashion Mall and Phanthip Plaza too much (gets boring). :(

Would you stop... you are making folks think I'm a 150 kg lunatic geez.... :D

First of all work starts to ring me at 4 am so the night time when the traffic is bad I'm usually already in bed with a girl or two... So who cares about the traffic ;) And by 6 am I'm walking to Asok to TruFitness for a little spinning so that little 150 extra meter walk past GP is nothing...

Yeah the TGF that you know likes Platinum but I make her BTS it to Chitlom and walk up past Zen... the walk does her good, makes her remember that she could be standing in the field in Isaan if she does not study hard in school. Plus I hate white skin I gotta find ways to keep her dark (bronze / tanned) complexion.

Honestly, we are moving more towards Dusit properties as well as some over by Victory Monument and some down off the MRT. Really thinking about getting away from Sukhumvit area.

Nandu
10-06-09, 13:28
Stayed at Paradiso Suites in August and it is GF. Very new hotel. Good.Thanks very much for the info Theant.

Nandu

Nandu
10-06-09, 13:30
A few days ago I stayed at the Darjelling Hotel.

Hotel is very GF. The girl left her ID card at the front desk when she came into the hotel but I don't think that was even necessary. She took the ID card out and put it on the counter by herself without prompting.

It is a good value, 1400B/night (low season), wifi in all rooms, comfortable room and bed with bathtub and clear window to room, simple breakfast. Safe in ROOM. Location is good, really only 3 minutes to Soi Cowboy.Thank for the confirmation Yellow Fever #2.

Nandu

Traveler1234
10-06-09, 14:46
For daytime BKK the area surrounded by Rachdamri - Wireless - Ploenchit is better because it is more convenient and more interesting, IMHO.

The area is quite nice for shopping, eating and 'sight-seeing but quite different from Sukhumvit....

Wireless is actually quite a distance from Ratchadamri (they are parallel to each other). And in btw is a one way street/large Soi, LangSuan.

ChitLom BTS is closer to Wireless.
Central BTS is next stop.
Ratchadamri BTS is on separate line.

Langsuan has quite a few small service apts and boutique hotels, plus lots of places to eat.
Ratchatdamri has the Four Seasons (formerly the Regent), Grand Hyatt Erawan and in btw a soi that includes the Grande Centrepoint and Courtyard Marriott.
And on Ploenchit there is the IC on one corner and slightly off the other corner, the new Central Centara Hotel (behind Zen) and close to Siam Paragon.

So it is a compromise. I have stayed at the Four Seasons and the Conrad. A friend of mine always stays at the Athenee. They are all good choices if you have the money. The Marriott Courtyard is the less expensive alternative in the area.

Actually the best buy and a gem that is seldom mentioned is the Grande Centrepoint - recommend it highly. It is totally GF, the studio room (smallest unit available but quite large) can be had on-line for under B$2200 with free WiFi, breakfast included, large lap pool, great fitness center with sauna. It's walking distance to BTS Ratchadamri, walking distance to Siam and two stops to MBK.

One bedroom unit slightly more, about B$3200 on-line. There are also larger 2 and 3 bdrm units but they are usually only available for long term stays.

Jigsaw1
10-07-09, 11:42
I am looking for a cheap hotel (Girl Friendly) with wi-fi for one night at Bangkok, should be close to most of the Bangkok's hot spots i.e massage centers/bars/clubs etc.In addition, I am looking for Hotels close to Sukhamvit.

Gpb59
10-07-09, 14:16
At the bottom it says $49 additional tax per night, so what good is it?

Gpb59
10-07-09, 14:23
any experiences there?

Member #4698
10-07-09, 15:23
[QUOTE=Traveler1234]The area is quite nice for shopping, eating and 'sight-seeing but quite different from Sukhumvit.

The best buy and a gem that is seldom mentioned is the Grande Centrepoint - recommend it highly. It is totally GF, the studio room (smallest unit available but quite large) can be had on-line for under B$2200 with free WiFi, breakfast included, large lap pool, great fitness center with sauna. It's walking distance to BTS Ratchadamri, walking distance to Siam and two stops to MBK. [QUOTE]Yes, I forgot to mention the Grande Centrepoint. It is a very stylish place and an excellent choice.

But there are so many good choices in BKK these days. I am booking my February - March trip and I am finding many good values to be had these days. I think the recession is still taking its toll on the Thai tourism industry. That may be bad news for the Thais, but good news for those that will travel there in the next few months. Besides good hotel values I hope to find even more appreciative girls. I can't wait!

In addition to Grande Centrepoint deal you mentioned, I see the Athenee for $108, Courtyard for $81 and corner room at Park Plaza for $105. In addition, I am finding pretty good rates in Pattaya too. Fantastic. What I don't spend on hotels, I can garnish on the girls when they exceed my expectations.

M P Lurker
10-07-09, 17:48
any experiences there?
Its great if you want a blow job bar right outside your Hotel. :D

But seriously, this was a very old Hotel when I stayed there 15 years ago.
So much better choices are nearby, e.g. Dynasty Grande, Dawin, Majestic Suites, etc.
Someone recommended Paradiso recently and is cheap on Latestays at 1400 baht per night.

M P Lurker
10-07-09, 17:51
ChitLom BTS is closer to Wireless.
Central BTS is next stop.
Ratchadamri BTS is on separate line.

Small correction.
The interchange BTS station is called Siam (pronounced Sa-yarm) rather than "Central".

Traveler1234
10-07-09, 19:23
Small correction.
The interchange BTS station is called Siam (pronounced Sa-yarm) rather than "Central".

Good catch, thanks!

Barko
10-07-09, 19:26
Actually the best buy and a gem that is seldom mentioned is the Grande Centrepoint -It has been mentioned, and seconded several times. The studios are well appointed but small, the One Bedroom is excellent and SOP. The late night monger walk is a bit far though, and even good local taxis are fucking clueless as to where it is at 3 am (not going to say much more than that.)

The place is definitely worth it. In general it's my top recommendation for business people, friends and associates, again, SOP.

BTW: All Centre Points are blind eye guest friendly.

Traveler1234
10-07-09, 22:56
It has been mentioned, and seconded several times.

I believe it was you who mentioned it and I who seconded it some weeks back :D

Member #3428
10-07-09, 23:08
BTW: All Centre Points are blind eye guest friendly.

And good for long stays IMHO...

Rambis Youth
10-08-09, 01:22
I've noticed that Thai Hotel Discounts have some very good deals at the moment. I've never used them but am considering it for my my next trip.

As an example they have the GM for 2560 until the end of October:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Grand_Millenium_Sukhumvit/index.htm

Others such as Admiral Premier are significantly cheaper than Wotif.

As best I can tell, these prices include taxes with a small admin charge per booking.

I have no involvement with this business but Tim seems quite helpful on other forums and feedback seems good.

M P Lurker
10-08-09, 04:34
I've noticed that Thai Hotel Discounts have some very good deals at the moment. I've never used them but am considering it for my my next trip.

As an example they have the GM for 2560 until the end of October:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Grand_Millenium_Sukhumvit/index.htm

Others such as Admiral Premier are significantly cheaper than Wotif.

As best I can tell, these prices include taxes with a small admin charge per booking.

I have no involvement with this business but Tim seems quite helpful on other forums and feedback seems good.
That GM price is without the breakfast which Wotif has at 2499 (secret deal).

They seem to have a special if stay at Admiral premier for 6 nights. 1681 Baht.
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Admiral%20_Premier%20_Sukhumvit/index.htm#room

One issue is that GM doesn't include internet in the deal but Admiral probably does. Its not clear from the website that it is included.
i.e. GM likes to quote internet or wifi access but omits the word complimentary. So have to pay extra.

Rambis Youth
10-08-09, 05:07
Hi Mick,

I agree with all you have said I guess my point is that it seems to be the cheapest hotel site at the moment. The idea of the WOT Hotel is you're not supposed to know which one it is so it's not apples and apples.

I'll probably try AP in a few weeks after your review. I'm keen on some luxury for a few days but the SGS, JW and WGS are just that step above what I'm prepared to pay.

I think our taste in hotels is fairly similar (modern, good location, nice pool, included wifi) so I always find your feedback useful.

Cheers,

Rambis

Thaihotels
10-08-09, 05:27
[QUOTE=Traveler1234]The area is quite nice for shopping, eating and 'sight-seeing but quite different from Sukhumvit.

The best buy and a gem that is seldom mentioned is the Grande Centrepoint - recommend it highly. It is totally GF, the studio room (smallest unit available but quite large) can be had on-line for under B$2200 with free WiFi, breakfast included, large lap pool, great fitness center with sauna. It's walking distance to BTS Ratchadamri, walking distance to Siam and two stops to MBK. [QUOTE]Yes, I forgot to mention the Grande Centrepoint. It is a very stylish place and an excellent choice.

But there are so many good choices in BKK these days. I am booking my February - March trip and I am finding many good values to be had these days. I think the recession is still taking its toll on the Thai tourism industry. That may be bad news for the Thais, but good news for those that will travel there in the next few months. Besides good hotel values I hope to find even more appreciative girls. I can't wait!

In addition to Grande Centrepoint deal you mentioned, I see the Athenee for $108, Courtyard for $81 and corner room at Park Plaza for $105. In addition, I am finding pretty good rates in Pattaya too. Fantastic. What I don't spend on hotels, I can garnish on the girls when they exceed my expectations.Agree Grande Centre Point is tops. Grande Suite rooms usually 6000 Baht, now around 3700 Baht per night.

Plaza Athenee is around 2500 Baht per night for a 3 night stay.

Tim

M P Lurker
10-08-09, 08:33
Hi Mick,

I agree with all you have said I guess my point is that it seems to be the cheapest hotel site at the moment. The idea of the WOT Hotel is you're not supposed to know which one it is so it's not apples and apples.

I'll probably try AP in a few weeks after your review. I'm keen on some luxury for a few days but the SGS, JW and WGS are just that step above what I'm prepared to pay.

I think our taste in hotels is fairly similar (modern, good location, nice pool, included wifi) so I always find your feedback useful.

Cheers,

Rambis
Ah yes I see that point now, is it has some very good deals without being secret and left to guess which Hotel which is difficult usually.

So I will certainly add it to my preferred Hotels booking sites.

I am still frustrated by many sites not being totally clear re whether Wifi is complimentary or not. But I shouldn't go off on tangents, due to my own frustrations with GM not providing Free wifi in their packages.

I also get frustrated by sites when different standard rooms are offered, e.g. standard, superior, delux, etc. but clear distictions between what is provided in different rooms is not made.

In some hotels the higher priced rooms don't come with anything extra at all, perhaps just on a higher floor which is actually worse rather than better.

So I am always on the look out for the really best sites that include everything in the package with wifi free, describe the room provisions thoroughly, e.g. fridge and freezer, quote prices including all taxes (so we get the real price - I can't stand the ++ stuff like at Agoda), and finally preferrably only take a percentage up front with remainder payable direct to Hotel, so that have a chance to cancel out if not happy or have a change of plans.

M P Lurker
10-08-09, 11:55
I booked Silq on Soi 19 right next to Sachas Uno, using Late Stays: http://www.latestays.com/silq-bangkok-hotel/

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.738624,100.561262&spn=0.005242,0.008712&z=17

Their site makes it very clear that wifi is complimentary.
I took Superior room with ABF (American Breakfast) for 2200 (including taxes). Standard rooms were sold out on 1 of my days. Instant confirmation and only pay a percentage/booking fee up front.
Those taking standard room without b/f will get cheaper of course.

Now Thai Hotel Discounts has a slightly better offer.
Thanks to rambis Youth for pointing out this web site.
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Silq_Hotel/
2135 Baht for Superior room with b/f.
1568 Baht for basic room and no b/f.
The site states that may take up to 24 hours for confirmation, but haven't tried it yet.

BTW, this room is not as big as my Admiral Premier room and Admiral Premier had significantly more for a similar price (that I previously paid):
A pool, small Gym, Large fridge and freezer, CD/DVD player, bathtub. Silq bed is softer though.

I think this 6 day 1681 Baht p/night deal at AP is really great:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Admiral%20_Premier%20_Sukhumvit/index.htm

How about this Darjelling deal for just 1220 Baht per night?:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Darjellling_Boutique_Hotel/

In the end, exact price isn't that important to me, more so the facilities. But I know others are wanting the best price.

David 2
10-08-09, 19:18
In the end, exact price isn't that important to me, more so the facilities. But I know others are wanting the best price.
Mick..
I've never seen any mention of the Windsor Suites on Soi 20. According to thier website, it looks great, it has great facilities, including a Clark Hatch Fitness Center onsite, and I can book a room on agoda for 1880 THB for a diplomat suite with breakfast inclusive of tax and service charge.

Is this too good to be true? Does anyone have any experience at this hotel?

Thanks a million...

Thaihotels
10-09-09, 00:13
I booked Silq on Soi 19 right next to Sachas Uno, using Late Stays: http://www.latestays.com/silq-bangkok-hotel/

Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.738624,100.561262&spn=0.005242,0.008712&z=17

Their site makes it very clear that wifi is complimentary.

I took Superior room with ABF (American Breakfast) for 2200 (including taxes). Standard rooms were sold out on 1 of my days. Instant confirmation and only pay a percentage/booking fee up front.
Those taking standard room without b/f will get cheaper of course.

Now Thai Hotel Discounts has a slightly better offer.

Thanks to rambis Youth for pointing out this web site.

http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Silq_Hotel/
2135 Baht for Superior room with b/f.

1568 Baht for basic room and no b/f.

The site states that may take up to 24 hours for confirmation, but haven't tried it yet.

BTW, this room is not as big as my Admiral Premier room and Admiral Premier had significantly more for a similar price (that I previously paid):

A pool, small Gym, Large fridge and freezer, CD/DVD player, bathtub. Silq bed is softer though.

I think this 6 day 1681 Baht p/night deal at AP is really great:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Admiral%20_Premier%20_Sukhumvit/index.htm

How about this Darjelling deal for just 1220 Baht per night?:
http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Darjellling_Boutique_Hotel/

In the end, exact price isn't that important to me, more so the facilities. But I know others are wanting the best price.Admiral Premier,

Darjelling and Silq all have free internet in all rooms. Confirmation takes up to 24 hours, usually 30 mins-1 hr during office hours.

Tim

Thaihotels
10-09-09, 02:23
Mick,

I've never seen any mention of the Windsor Suites on Soi 20. According to thier website, it looks great, it has great facilities, including a Clark Hatch Fitness Center onsite, and I can book a room on agoda for 1880 THB for a diplomat suite with breakfast inclusive of tax and service charge.

Thanks a million...Stay away from this hotel. Its probably the most unfriendly guest hotel in Thailand.

Shame as the rooms are pretty ok and decent enough hotel.

Tim

M P Lurker
10-09-09, 05:03
Mick..

Thanks a million...
It is not too good to be true. Windsor doesn't seem to be very popular while location and facilities look good. This is probably because the Hotel is rather old and dated. I haven't tried it. I saw some reviews on tripadvisor were suggesting worn, not so clean, smelly rooms (smokey) etc. Others say it was good. So who knows? Might be alright.

It appears Internet access is not complimentary in Agoda deal and they charge a lot for it. No wifi it seems.

Tansak, have you been there?

While many of us are tending to stay in newer premises, quite low prices can be found for older places, like Windsor, Manhatten (Soi 15), etc. But are they worth it?

Member #3428
10-09-09, 05:36
Tansak, have you been there?

While many of us are tending to stay in newer premises, quite good deals can be had for older places, like Windsor, Manhatten (Soi 15), etc.

Nope... can't say I have, and probably won't.

But it got me looking at the reviews, and while not for me, most reviews seemed to be from husband and wives. Slow room service, old furniture... etc... And it seemed on like asiaweb and some others they were saying good things but giving it a one or two star rating. Granted it might be old and worn but I've seen some bad rooms in Asia this might not be that bad for low priced mongering rooms.

For a lot of mongers they probably might not care that much about the room conditions. I guess if I was looking for a low rate I might give it a try or atleast look at it in person next trip. Would be nice is some one could take a look at it.

M P Lurker
10-09-09, 12:23
Admiral Premier,

Darjelling and Silq all have free internet in all rooms. Confirmation takes up to 24 hours, usually 30 mins-1 hr during office hours.

Tim
O.K. that's a relief. I am an impatient type and often leave things till quite late.
Are you in fact associated with this site or just experienced?

M P Lurker
10-09-09, 12:29
Stay away from this hotel. Its probably the most unfriendly guest hotel in Thailand.

Shame as the rooms are pretty ok and decent enough hotel.

Tim
Tim,

Would you be prepared to name other major Hotels on Suk that are also not GF?
This could be an invaluable service to mongers.

Personally I have been to non-GF hotels but I don't recall any on Suk where I have had a problem.

Mick

Thaihotels
10-09-09, 19:38
Tim,

Personally I have been to non-GF hotels but I don't recall any on Suk where I have had a problem.

MickMick,

I am connected to it.

I would be glad to be help all I can. All can ask me questions here and I am glad to offer advice if I can?

Mostly on Sukhumvit, the hotels are gf. Some used to charge, but in this downturn, they have decided not to anymore.

Windsor Suites sticks out as one to avoid. For me, I personally like the smaller boutique hotels not overun with tour groups.

Tim

Member #3428
10-09-09, 21:23
Are you in fact associated with this site or just experienced?

I'll vouch for him (as of now) working in the hotel industry and being fair in his comments and not only one sided only (from talks in the past not based on his 2 posts here :D ). I doubt he works for any one of those hotels directly but he works in the field. While I do not agree with all his comments (I had different view points) I can't find much he said that was wrong.

He has enough knowledge that he could really prepare a listing of hotels from Suk 4 to Suk 50 or so hotels and break them down into discount, medium, high end etc... And list ammenities and such. Much like your soapie and Giotto's MP guides etc....

If he was willing to set up such a listing which would be very valuable. Mick, myself, and many others visit a lot of hotels but there are too many to hit them all.

Goatboy55
10-10-09, 11:31
Does anyone have any experience at the Dusit owned Belair Princess on Soi 5 - I have been offered a really good rate that is comparable with my usual haunt (Citadines 11) and thought I might try a change of scenery.

Karbon
10-10-09, 13:19

I have just stayed at SilQ. New, clean, small rooms, A standard BKK boutique hotel -- no frills, no pool, no gym, nicely designed stationery etc. BUT be very careful to watch for charges. I paid around 1,800 TBH for the room and ABF, but got hit for a 2,000 TBH for about 6 mins of IDD calls. Its plain theft.

Thaihotels
10-11-09, 02:29
Tim,

MickMick,

I will prepare a list shortly on the most popular guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit. If any guys want any other info, just msg me or post here. I will give my honest opinion on it.

Tim

Noclew
10-13-09, 05:26
Anybody stayed here?

Any other serviced apartments recommendations?

Member #3428
10-13-09, 08:28
Anybody stayed here?

MANY serviced apartments... yes stayed at Bliston, I enjoyed it.

One bedroom, 70 sqm around 3500 baht
one bedroom premier around 98 sqm around 4500 baht

centrepoint, compass hospitality (president groups), citadines / sommerset / ascott has some full one and two bedrooms, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of serviced apartments.. how long you staying where you want to stay etc....

Traveler1234
10-13-09, 16:49
Anybody stayed here?

Tansak has already mentioned the brand names: Citadines, Somerset, Ascott, Centrepoint.

Try walking down So Lang Suan (btn Wireless and Ratchadamri, start at Ploenchit end)....the entire Soi is filled with service apts and 99% GF.

Member #3428
10-13-09, 21:34
Tansak has already mentioned the brand names: Citadines, Somerset, Ascott, Centrepoint.

Try walking down So Lang Suan (btn Wireless and Ratchadamri, start at Ploenchit end)....the entire Soi is filled with service apts and 99% GF.

Hard to suggest places as we don't know if he wants a place for 6 months, 3 months, 1 week etc... Keep in mind some places offer daily housekeeping, where as others that is extra it really depends what and why and where you want a serviced apartment as to what you will pay. Monthly rates, two week rates, and six month rates vary greatly.

Noclew
10-13-09, 22:48
Hard to suggest places as we don't know if he wants a place for 6 months, 3 months, 1 week etc... Keep in mind some places offer daily housekeeping, where as others that is extra it really depends what and why and where you want a serviced apartment as to what you will pay. Monthly rates, two week rates, and six month rates vary greatly.I will go with the Bliston. Hopefully it is GF.

Member #3428
10-14-09, 06:03
I will go with the Bliston. Hopefully it is GF.

It is GF, no problem for me and a girl, no problem for me and a few girls....

LittleBigMan
10-14-09, 11:41
MANY serviced apartments... yes stayed at Bliston, I enjoyed it.

One bedroom, 70 sqm around 3500 baht
one bedroom premier around 98 sqm around 4500 baht

centrepoint, compass hospitality (president groups), citadines / sommerset / ascott has some full one and two bedrooms, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of serviced apartments.. how long you staying where you want to stay etc....

Is that a day?

LBM

Member #3428
10-14-09, 21:55
Is that a day?

LBM

yes - that is their rates per day. GP and PP can be 2800 a day all inclusive with internet and breakfast. Again these are full one bedroom units (washer / dryer full kitchens, some have separate like nooks for computer stations dining area living area etc...). Weekly and monthly rates are much lower. They have two bedroom units and Bliston has three bedroom and one of the centrepoints has three bedrooms if you're lugging your entire family around with you. But there are literally multiple hundreds of different locations available including Conrad Residence.

Conrad comes out to be about 2800 a day for a monthly contract rate. And all the above are personally a better deal for me then say paying 4,000 for a hotel a room or 1800 or 2000 for a low rate room. However I'm not a five day punter there for a few days of sex and the extra room makes it more handy.

But in the case of full disclosure, since I am a wh@re I do enjoy sex on the table, couch, den, bedroom, kitchen etc.... :D The only thing I miss in the units is that they rarely have a jacuzzi and some are hard to find that have both a tub and a separate walk in shower.

For a three week stay, hotel at 2000 (and many are higher rate than that) with their limited space and facilities or 1 bedroom (conrad is 5 star services with full residence) for 800 more baht a day (20 bucks or so)... um tough choice for me.... especially since work pays :D

BKK is fortunate as they have plenty of condo / serviced apartments all over.

M P Lurker
10-15-09, 02:19
Mick,

I will prepare a list shortly on the most popular guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit. If any guys want any other info, just msg me or post here. I will give my honest opinion on it.

Tim
I have already seen such a list from Evil Penevil, and some good info from AsiaTraveller2 also.

Since most Sukhumvit Hotels are GF, I thought the list would be too long and would much shorter to name the major non-GF ones which are surely fairly limited.

Unfortunately I can't always tell if a Hotel is GF due to having my GF check in a normal way.
(GF has two meanings :) ).

Traveler1234
10-15-09, 14:43
I have already seen such a list from Evil Penevil, and some good info from AsiaTraveller2 also.

Don't forget Sir Duni put together a list about 18 months ago....maybe use that as starting point for an update?

Acerboy
10-16-09, 08:13
Just came back from a stay at President Palace thru wotif mystery deal. Room was nice clean and big, staff pleasant and internet was fast.Breakfast was ok, small spread. Overall a very good stay. They did ask me to upgrade to executive floor for Bhat1,000 that comes with all the usual perks associated with executive floor. I declined as mine was a one night stay.

M P Lurker
10-18-09, 16:19
Don't forget Sir Duni put together a list about 18 months ago....maybe use that as starting point for an update?
I would be surprised as thought Duni nearly always stayed at LL. Any link? I tried a search and could only find this:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=768397&highlight=girl+friendly#post768397

Primo Bolan
10-18-09, 16:38
Hello

I like to warn everybody that all Amari hotels have changed their policy towards joiners. I stayed at the Amari Boulevard around Nana last monday. When I tried to check in with a girl from Rainbow 4 /Nana they asked 1000 bath joiner fee. When I made the booking I clearly stated two persons. I wasn't amused. Because I made a big problem at reception that were willing to let her pass as my wife. But I told them this is BS. This one would leave after two hours. What if I came back with another. Then I had to pay 1000 bath. Every time.

Because my room was a dump too (stinking, leaking airco) I decided that evening to check out. Majestic grande was a better choice. At least they accept mongers without extra's.

This morning I went back to the Amari to speak the manager. Indeed this was their new policy. That liked to discourage mongers to stay at their hotel. I told ok these are the rules why don't you put them on the internet?

No the directors board thought that was too sensitive for the Arab guests.

They might think Amari was a pick up hotel when they would read about joiners fee. Of course it is a family hotel in the middle of Nana. What a joke.

Also he stated they could make more money that way. My guess luring people in the hotel with special prices and then surprizing them with this.

Thanks Amari for spoiling that evening. The lady from rainbow asked if she could leave so that evening completely wasted on a family hotel.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.
Thanks for the warning! I always thought Amari B was a dump.
PB

M P Lurker
10-18-09, 16:42
Here is a link to Evil Penevil's list of GF Hotels:
http://www.barladies.com/topic/11304-guest-friendly-sukhumvit-hotels/

I note that Amari B did not make it.

Tratnguyen1
10-18-09, 17:38
I know Amari Does Not on the list of G. F. Hotels. RTFF. LOL

The Majestic Grande and M. S. Do have indeed G. F. With no extra charge. I shall be visiting BKK this November, 2009 and staying at the M. S. with a confirmation already.

Run Mann
10-18-09, 17:49
Hello

I like to warn everybody that all Amari hotels have changed their policy towards joiners.

This is not true, Amari has a large selection of hotels all over Thailand and they don't all charge joiner fees. Amari Nova Platinum, which has turned into a monger's hideaway in Pattaya does not charge joiner fees. Amari Nova Suites which is currently running a super promo of 1990B per night is another Amari hotel without joiner fees.

Mistral66
10-18-09, 18:49
Hello

I like to warn everybody that all Amari hotels have changed their policy towards joiners. When I tried to check in with a girl from Rainbow 4 /Nana they asked 1000 bath joiner fee.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.Hi Stogie,

Thanks for the heads up, but since when did you switch to girls?

Primo Bolan
10-18-09, 21:37
he only calls the that?

Acerboy
10-19-09, 05:35
Hello

I like to warn everybody that all Amari hotels have changed their policy towards joiners. I stayed at the Amari Boulevard around Nana last monday. When I tried to check in with a girl from Rainbow 4 /Nana they asked 1000 bath joiner fee. When I made the booking I clearly stated two persons. I wasn't amused. Because I made a big problem at reception that were willing to let her pass as my wife. But I told them this is BS. This one would leave after two hours. What if I came back with another. Then I had to pay 1000 bath. Every time.

Because my room was a dump too (stinking, leaking airco) I decided that evening to check out. Majestic grande was a better choice. At least they accept mongers without extra's.

This morning I went back to the Amari to speak the manager. Indeed this was their new policy. That liked to discourage mongers to stay at their hotel. I told ok these are the rules why don't you put them on the internet?

No the directors board thought that was too sensitive for the Arab guests.

They might think Amari was a pick up hotel when they would read about joiners fee. Of course it is a family hotel in the middle of Nana. What a joke.

Also he stated they could make more money that way. My guess luring people in the hotel with special prices and then surprizing them with this.

Thanks Amari for spoiling that evening. The lady from rainbow asked if she could leave so that evening completely wasted on a family hotel.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.And like the arabs do not participate in similar mongering activities. it is more like making extra money. Amari B is crap as someone mentioned. there are many more great hotels around that area. Please skip Amari B.

Noclew
10-20-09, 05:21
Does anyone know if this is GF? I wrote to them and hevent heard back yet.

Thanks

Member #3428
10-20-09, 06:04
Does anyone know if this is GF? I wrote to them and hevent heard back yet.

Thanks

Didn't you ask and I answer this already.... Jesus.... I booked for two guests.... I had a girl with me... no problems.... I had a different girl with me.... no problems.... and same trip but different night I brought back MORE then one girl, again no problem....

Barko
10-20-09, 12:43
Does anyone know if this is GF? I wrote to them and hevent heard back yet.Wow, you need this seconded or what? TKTV already gave you the thumbs up.

Yes, you can stumble into the place surrounded by a haze of tequila & three incredibly beautiful women attempting to keep you vertical and moving straight forward toward the lifts. None of the staff even look up. Now, ask me how I know.

How's that for GF?

My thing with Bliston bedrooms are that they not light tight. I hate waking up at 7am with the sun searing through my eyelids and potentially destroying what cornea transparency I have left. Scratched the place off my list just for that reason a long time ago. Oh yeah, the pool sucks.

Nicolasi11
10-20-09, 21:58
I will stay in Bangkok in Hotel Dusit Princess, 53 Srinakarin Road, Pravet, 10250 Bangkok, is it GF hotel? Any experience?

Thank you!

Member #3428
10-20-09, 23:00
My thing with Bliston bedrooms are that they not light tight.

How long ago were you there? They had new black out curtains in my room the last time I was there :D

Duniawala
10-21-09, 16:27
I would be surprised as thought Duni nearly always stayed at LL. Any link? I tried a search and could only find this:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=768397&highlight=girl+friendly#post768397

Here is the list. Needs updating, though.

Felly
10-22-09, 11:16
I stayed at Sacha's Hotel Uno last week. Good location for Cowboy (Soi 19) and value for money. The hotel has two buildings, 1 & 2. I was in building 2 which is GF as there was no security on the door. I can't say if building 1 is GF, but I'll stay here next time I mong at Cowboy.

Kimo29
10-24-09, 14:25
Guys,

My favorite hotel MG rate is 104 US$ (I. E. 3477)for the period from 23/12/09 till 29/12/09 now I was about to instruct my travel agent to book it since I enjoy the unbeatable location next to Annies, NEP and BST when I came across preident Solitaire which is 5 stars at the rate of 77. US$ (I. E. 2549 THB) what do you think guys as I am not sure of the locat of PS anyone stayed there I know that it is definitely GF Like MG but there is a difference of 27US$ per night in addition to the fact that PS is 5 stars were MG is 4.

I am a bit confused would you please help me out.

Big Kev
10-24-09, 15:15
Anyone familiar with newish place called On8? Apparently opened this summer, right at corner of Suk and Soi 8. Online rates around 2,000 baht for 30 sq meter room.

Pics shown on their website make the place look clean and new, if not overly luxurious.

I've always preferred new hotels, especially when booking sight-unseen. Would appreciate any reports from those with first hand knowledge of this one.

Thanks

Theant
10-24-09, 20:17
Anyone familiar with newish place called On8? Apparently opened this summer, right at corner of Suk and Soi 8. Online rates around 2,000 baht for 30 sq meter room.

Pics shown on their website make the place look clean and new, if not overly luxurious.

I've always preferred new hotels, especially when booking sight-unseen. Would appreciate any reports from those with first hand knowledge of this one.

Thanks

Good hotel. This summer price was at 1600 baht. In first subsoi on right in soi 8, just in front of Aviva. Very GF. But pay attention, they have rooms with no windows.

1Ball
10-24-09, 23:33
Big kev, I walked by last time I was in town, and popped in. I was shown a room, which was slightly bigger than a king size bed. As Theant posted below, no windows. The price was just a little bit below 2,000 bt. Even though it is new and modern, I felt claustrophobic during the 3 minutes I was in the room. I would definitaly give that one a miss.
JMHO

Barko
10-25-09, 04:36
Guys,

My favorite hotel MG rate is 104 US$ (I. E. 3477)for the period from 23/12/09 till 29/12/09 now I was about to instruct my travel agent to book it since I enjoy the unbeatable location next to Annies, NEP and BST when I came across preident Solitaire which is 5 stars at the rate of 77. US$ (I. E. 2549 THB) what do you think guys as I am not sure of the locat of PS anyone stayed there I know that it is definitely GF Like MG but there is a difference of 27US$ per night in addition to the fact that PS is 5 stars were MG is 4.

I am a bit confused would you please help me out.That $77 room at the President Solitaire is for the so called 'Premiere Suite', but it's just a studio room really. The facility needs some major updating, most of the rooms at the PS have been abused and are annoyingly frayed. Also, the walk up Soi 11 gets old after a while too, even the hotel IS right next to Bed Supper.

MG is the better choice.

Member #3428
10-25-09, 06:23
My favorite hotel MG rate is 104 US$ (I. E. 3477)for the period from 23/12/09 till 29/12/09 now I was about to instruct my travel agent to book it since I enjoy the unbeatable location next to Annies, NEP and BST when Kimo you were born confused. LOL How you been? Coming back so soon you must be ready for more abuse huh? PS I agree is getting frayed but such the reason for the OK rates. Grand President is OK and can get a full one bedroom suite in tower 2 for 2800 baht on soi 11. That's like close to BTS and NEP and such.

MG rate of 3477 doesn't thrill me. You could do better by about 500 baht booking on line sites I"m sure. Are others paying that much for MG? I just don't see it for some reason it just sounds like you are overpaying by 500 baht or such for a single room.

PS is run by compass hospitality which also runs grand president, president park, admiral suites, adelphi and many others.

Citadines on soi 11, soi 8 and a few others are also worth checking out. Personally, I know it is Xmas but they don't do much on Xmas except raise rates in Thailand so I just think that 3.5 K a night is overpriced. Unless they give the Pharoh room for that price.

Mistral66
10-25-09, 06:24
That $77 room at the President Solitaire is for the so called 'Premiere Suite', but it's just a studio room really. The facility needs some major updating, most of the rooms at the PS have been abused and are annoyingly frayed. Also, the walk up Soi 11 gets old after a while too, even the hotel IS right next to Bed Supper.

MG is the better choice.I would disagree, stayed in both hotels and I definitely prefer PS over MG. The rooms are not new but in my opinion well maintained and clean. The staff is competent and reliable. Well and not to forget the pretty good bf.

The 27$ are better spent with the girls.

Enjoy

Kimo29
10-25-09, 11:06
Hey Tansak old buddy how are you thank you as usual yeah cant wait i am coming only for 12 days this time :( ehehehhehe. Hope we can meet mate coming for my sweet love Marina:)

6 nights in Bangkok and 5 in pattaya i now received a good news from another agent he got me Grande Superior room at MG at the rate of 93.US$ approx 3100. THB. and Grande Premier at the rate 100.U$

Pattaya i book a Reu Thai Room in Paradise zone at Sabai Resortfor the rate 78 US$2606. THB including AB and no Gala dinner which is a plus on new year eve hmm booked through direct rooms very reliable and good rates too.

So I think i will let go GP and SP and stick to my favorite MG.

Cheers Mates

M P Lurker
10-25-09, 11:38
Here is the list. Needs updating, though.
Thanks. I found the link eventually after finding out I need to look in BKK Hotels 2006 (Archived). Search function was a bit limited to allow easy search.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=498670&postcount=599

I didn't know Manhatten was GF, for example, so picked up a couple of useful bits of info.

I also saw Martians quoted GF Hotel Map:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=498812&postcount=603
Which unfortunately was total bullshit.
A few of the non-GF Hotels on there were actually quite GF when I went there.

Traveler1234
10-25-09, 15:01
I also saw Martians quoted GF Hotel Map:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=498812&postcount=603
Which unfortunately was total bullshit.
A few of the non-GF Hotels on there were actually quite GF when I went there.

You actually trusted Martians' crap???

LOL :D

M P Lurker
10-25-09, 15:22
You actually trusted Martians' crap???

LOL :D
I only gave it a quick look since it wasn't his own work. ;)
But was very unrealiable anyway. :(
e.g. I previously (pre 2006) took girls to Zenith with no problems, and more than one in the same night :D
First one was not much good, so quickly went and found a replacement from Nana carpark vicinity.

I have added GF indicators to most important Hotels in Sukhumvit vicinty on this Map:
Hotels in Sukhumvit Vicinity (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.739177,100.560179&spn=0.021844,0.035062&z=15)
The ones left blank are in the "don't know" category.

Someone was asking about new On8, so its been added.
Can easily see that Federal is just a fraction closer to Suk than Citadines 11 (next to Bed-Supper Club) but not much.

Gpb59
10-25-09, 15:35
Trying to decide between them., any advise? I once stayed at the Federal Hotel, is that further or closer to sukumvhit than Citadines?

1Ball
10-25-09, 16:08
Federal is pretty much exactly opposite Citadine 11.

M P Lurker
10-25-09, 16:42
Guys,

I am a bit confused would you please help me out.
Try here: http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/majesticgrande/

Superior room is 28 Sq.m, Deluxe 40 Sq.m, and Premier somewhere in between.
I believe inetrnet access is not complimentary. That was only thing I can remember wrong with MG.

Traveler1234
10-25-09, 17:13
I only gave it a quick look since it wasn't his own work. ;)

His name brings back so many gooooooooood memories....LOL ;)

Barko
10-25-09, 17:14
...so I just think that 3.5 K a night is overpricedYep. Definitely. C'mas/ highest season weeks are priced up too much. He did say MG was his favorite though.

Personally, I would look around a bit, the Wotif secret deals do not change rates over the Holidays. ;)

Cadjan
10-26-09, 16:22
Accor 3 day sale on again from 27th to 29th.

Early access (now!) to the specials for A-Club members

Travel Spirit
10-26-09, 20:39
Is Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel girl friendly?

Wandere
10-27-09, 09:22
Accor 3 day sale on again from 27th to 29th.

Early access (now!) to the specials for A-Club membersWould someone know which Accor Hotels in Bangkok are Gf?

Cheers!

Acerboy
10-27-09, 15:46
Trying to decide between them., any advise? I once stayed at the Federal Hotel, is that further or closer to sukumvhit than Citadines? Between the Dynasty Grande and Citadines 11, well dynasty is near soi nana, you can crawl there. Citadines is approx. 250meter from the Nana BTS station. In terms of stars, I guess Citadines is higher and newer, also service apartment type. Dynasty usually doesn't provide breakfast with room rates. Not sure where federal is although I could google it. I'll pick Citadines unless Dynasty is so much more cheaper, say Bhat400 or more.

Guys,

Any update on wotif mystery deal. Looks like President Palace is still part of the deal at Bhat2099. Another is Furama Asoke I guess.

Acerboy
10-27-09, 15:47
Is Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel girl friendly?I don't think so. You better of some where else

Suntangh R
10-27-09, 16:33
I have generally booked hotels directly via internet. The rates seem to be cheaper on the THAIHOTELSDICOUNT website.

I would like to know whether their rates and bookings are reliable and there are no hidden costs/catch.

I'd be obliged!

Tryntry
10-27-09, 20:05
I think they should all be guest friendly. I recently stayed at the Grand Mercure Asoke Residence.

Really nice 1 bedroom suite. Got a great rate there thanks to members here. The guests from Thermae were not even ask to show IDs. No hassles or walk of shame.

Member #3428
10-27-09, 21:07
I have generally booked hotels directly via internet. The rates seem to be cheaper on the THAIHOTELSDICOUNT website.

I would like to know whether their rates and bookings are reliable and there are no hidden costs/catch.

I'd be obliged!Knock on wood, Yeah they are, I've not had a problem with them, they are reliable and I send people to them. I kind of work in the industry and can get decent contract rates myself but the owner of this site has always worked well with me on issues and so far no complaints or issues. SO far,,, all on the up and up.

http://www.otelrooms.com/

and

http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/

Jodi In Heat
10-27-09, 22:40
Going on a tour, part of a group. This hotel looks nice but not sure if gff, would like to sneak in a little play time during self-adventure time. Can anyone offer some info?

Suntangh R
10-27-09, 23:21
Knock on wood, Yeah they are, I've not had a problem with them, they are reliable and I send people to them. I kind of work in the industry and can get decent contract rates myself but the owner of this site has always worked well with me on issues and so far no complaints or issues. SO far,,, all on the up and up.

http://www.otelrooms.com/

and

http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/Thanx!

Much appreciated, KT

NicFrenchy
10-28-09, 02:18
Is Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel girl friendly?

If by "girl Friendly" you mean that they will not charge you a "joiner" fee, then I think you better look elsewhere (as suggested by Acerboy).

There are a lot of Girl Friendly Hotels in BKK but I think that most 4 or 5 star will charge you a fee. Not because they have to, but because they know their customers will not care and pay for it.

I remember in HuaHin last year, I stay at the Hyatt, there was an American (not that it matters really) who wanted to go up to his room with 3 girls. The reception charged him 1,000 per lady and he did not even Blink. Smiled and asked them to put it to his bill. These hotels know that their Clients aren't cheapstakes so they take advantage.

Where the clients get fucked is that although you pay the Joiner Fee, it does not include Morning breakfast, they do not give you extra towels or water for the girls (which is I think why they had these joiner fees in the first place?)

Livingstone Lodge on Soi 33 is girl Friendly, hell, you might even run into a few ISG members there. Thankfully the Rabbit KTV is no longer going there, you really don't want to meet this animal!!! :D

NicFrenchy
10-28-09, 02:20

I'd be obliged!

I have found that Booking.com is one of the best websites around these days because they do not take your money upfront. You pay directly at the hotel.
This is important because if you want to change or cancel, they will not charge you a fee.

Member #3428
10-28-09, 02:33
Thankfully the Rabbit KTV is no longer going there, you really don't want to meet this animal!!! :D

BASTARD

Where the clients get fucked is that although you pay the Joiner Fee, it does not include Morning breakfast, they do not give you extra towels or water for the girls (which is I think why they had these joiner fees in the first place?)

I agree, but for me the breakfast is no big deal, the towels are a problem with multiple girls. The water, hell i'm not a cheap charlie I buy those gallon jugs and store in the room hahahaha....

Towels... Since I am a wh@re (only lately) and been taking multiple girls, when work makes my reservations they ask for 4 sets of towels in the room. They've told hotels I'm FAT, DIRTY, MESSY, EXERCISE TOO MUCH (basically all true also) etc.... whatever it takes for 4 sets to be in the room.

I also tip the housekeeper immediately and tell her I need XXXX and that I am a bastard :D That usually solves the towel issues for me. Some hotels the housekeeper will remake the bed two or so times a day and change the sheets.

Also you would be amazed at what a box of duty free chocolate can do for the housekeeper and her supervisor....

EDIT: I've also had them tell hotels that I'll have a LOT of family members over at very strange times. So that a rotation is not unexpected ;)

Member #3428
10-28-09, 02:38
I have found that Booking.com is one of the best websites around these days because they do not take your money upfront. You pay directly at the hotel.

This is important because if you want to change or cancel, they will not charge you a fee.

How are the thai hotels dealing with this? Are they paying booking.com quarterly or they pay a flat fee to be listed or what? If paying quarterly that's gotta play hell with the tax issues...

Pay directly at hotel but do you pay the deposit fee or are hotels left in the lurch for no shows?

Just wondering what the catches are as it sounds like a nice deal.

NicFrenchy
10-28-09, 04:50
How are the thai hotels dealing with this? Are they paying booking.com quarterly or they pay a flat fee to be listed or what? If paying quarterly that's gotta play hell with the tax issues...

Pay directly at hotel but do you pay the deposit fee or are hotels left in the lurch for no shows?

Just wondering what the catches are as it sounds like a nice deal.

Not sure but as a consumer, Booking.com is a dream! you only have to leave your CC as a guarantee. No deposit taken.
With websites like Agoda, Expedia and the likes, they charge you either in full or a deposit at the time of reservation. Should you cancel, they charge you a fee, I hate these websites and Booking.com up to now has not let me down.
I am free to do whatever I want.

Member #3428
10-28-09, 05:07
Not sure but as a consumer, Booking.com is a dream! you only have to leave your CC as a guarantee. No deposit taken.
With websites like Agoda, Expedia and the likes, they charge you either in full or a deposit at the time of reservation. Should you cancel, they charge you a fee, I hate these websites and Booking.com up to now has not let me down.
I am free to do whatever I want.

I agree that Expedia and Agoda and others have tried to keep a strangle hold on the market place for so long, just brutal in the way they do business, I still wonder what the downside is to booking.com. I guess the CC guarantee is charged only if a no show then on them.

Expedia, Agoda and others are just brutal to deal with and brutal for the operators also.