PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Methos
03-24-10, 23:50
It seems that time might have reverted back 25 years, when traveler's checks were the norm, especially since I can get them free from the bankI agree. I did a lot of research on this before my trip and I brought traveler's checks for my main funding and my ATM cards as backup. I used all $100 denomination checks as the fee to cash them in Thailand is per check. I can also get them for free so I'm planning on doing the same when I go back.

Csun213
03-25-10, 01:22
I agree. I did a lot of research on this before my trip and I brought traveler's checks for my main funding and my ATM cards as backup. I used all $100 denomination checks as the fee to cash them in Thailand is per check. I can also get them for free so I'm planning on doing the same when I go back.If they charge per check then why not get $500 checks instead of $100? Not being a smart ass but just trying to learn as I am hoping to get to Thailand in the near future.

Samsonite
03-25-10, 02:06
After reading on the Forum tried this place for 6 days recently. Pretty good value, very modern & clean & good staff. Short walk to the Nana Skytrain, and very central to all the other local "attractions" I will use it again for sure.

Allover
03-25-10, 05:08
I get my traveler checks through Chase Bank. They offer AMEX checks for free but they don't have the $500 denomonations.

Csun213
03-25-10, 17:24
I get my traveler checks through Chase Bank. They offer AMEX checks for free but they don't have the $500 denomonations.OK, thanks, but I know that AMEX does have $500 since I have purchased them before but maybe your bank does not carry it. I just wanted to see if there is a problem with Thai banks cashing $500 checks.

Fast Eddie 48
03-25-10, 23:40
I get my traveler checks through Chase Bank. They offer AMEX checks for free but they don't have the $500 denomonations.Allover,

Correct I also have a account at chase, they don't carry 500 amex any more and most bank don't and I think 1000 USD amex is no longer avalible, I got some from united bank a month ago they charge a 1 % fee even you have a account with them, if you have a amex express credit card you can get them at the amex express office for no fee, you can cash amex very easy in Bangkok and I use the money charger at soi 7 near beer garden rate is better than USD you only need a US passport very fast no line.

Fast Eddie 48

Rodwint2
03-26-10, 00:27
Try using a Debit card in one of the millions of ATM's, that way you only take out the cash you need.

Keep some Travellers Cheques as back up.

Failing everything else on arrival go to the nearest bank, set up a bank account, convert it all to baht and then take out of the bank as needed.

Sorry, but in 2010 why are you carrying cash? Unless of course you cannot deposit it and must use it. Knudge knudge wink wink.Many consumer groups suggest not using your debit card outside of normal (ie. United States) activities like buying gas or groceries.

Once a foreign entity has your account number, it is like giving your checking account to a stranger. Someone can easily take the information and process bogus debits to your account and you will not be protected as with a credit card withdrawal that will cancel most fraudulent charges against your account. That doesn't apply if you have a debit card. You are out the money until you can convince your bank that you were a victim of fraud.

Stick to travelers checks and credit cards, less to worry about and you can enjoy yourself.

Tunjing1
03-26-10, 03:33
Hi,

Plan to go this place this weekend. Heard that this is 'THE BEST' spa at Bkk.

Can anyone give me more info and what is the recommended girls there.

Fast Eddie 48
03-26-10, 05:11
After reading on the Forum tried this place for 6 days recently. Pretty good value, very modern & clean & good staff. Short walk to the Nana Skytrain, and very central to all the other local "attractions" I will use it again for sure.To samsonite

If have have alot of luggage on a hot day is not a short walk, it is a good 8 min walk from nana station, I prefer hotel right on on Suhumvit like grand business inn or wellcom inn.

Fast Eddie 48

11Bravo
03-26-10, 06:34
I get my traveler checks through Chase Bank. They offer AMEX checks for free but they don't have the $500 denomonations.I found the same thing, very annoying. I even asked Chase if I could order, but they didn't seem to grasp that concept.

And what is REALLY annoying is that AMEX itself no longer has the 'checks by phone' option, where you could order the denominations you wanted, as in $500. Even their web site just gave links to banks.

Seems the demand for traveler's checks is so low, not worth it for amex to provide the service.

OK, thanks, but I know that AMEX does have $500 since I have purchased them before but maybe your bank does not carry it. I just wanted to see if there is a problem with Thai banks cashing $500 checks.Define "before". I've purchased them "before" too, but NOT recently.

I'd see no problem (except 1) in cashing ANY denomination of check (at least at a bank - where AMEX Thailand's office directed me as they no longer cash their OWN checks...).

The problem: the signature on the checks did not match the one on my passport: passport has FULL name signature, including middle. Signed traveler's checks with "normal" signature: uses only middle initial.

That was a problem, resolved by using my Myanmar Arrivals piece of paper, which I signed with my "normal" signature.

Shemp
03-29-10, 16:18
I've read the last 50 pages of this forum looking for the perfect hotel for my 1st trip to bkk, maybe you can help. I'm lookin for:

1) Centrally located between Soi Cowboy & Nana.

2) Includes a decent breakfast

3) Includes wi-fi or internet access w/a cable in room

4) gf of course

5) 3* or above

6) $110usd or less all in

Do you guys have any candidates for me? Thank you.

Fast Eddie 48
03-30-10, 23:47
I've read the last 50 pages of this forum looking for the perfect hotel for my 1st trip to bkk, maybe you can help. I'm lookin for:

4) gf of course

5) 3* or above

Do you guys have any candidates for me? Thank you.Shemp

If you want to spend about 100 USD a night I recommend this 2 hotel, the Majestic grande 4 star right there on Nana plaza, if you want to stay near Soi cowboy the new Millenium 4 star fit the bill both are under 100 USD.

Fast Eddie 48

PogoStick
03-31-10, 17:08
Shemp

If you want to spend about 100 USD a night I recommend this 2 hotel, the Majestic grande 4 star right there on Nana plaza, if you want to stay near Soi cowboy the new Millenium 4 star fit the bill both are under 100 USD.

Fast Eddie 48
I agree about the Majestic Grande. I stayed there a few weeks ago and it was great. 50 steps to Annies and a bit more and you're right into the Nana district.

I popped for the executive club floor ($115) and I feel it was worth it. Includes the executive lounge with free drinks and food and a free dinner in the Italian restaurant. Non exec floors started at around $80. I used Agoda.com to book.

pogo

Member #4351
03-31-10, 17:40
I always stay at the M.G., and will be there again in a few weeks. Can´t ask for a better location. I´d like to know if anyone has ever had a massage in the health club and what was on the menu? Last time I was there a couple of the girls looked OK. If anyone has had this experience, please pm me for discretion sake.

Gwailo
03-31-10, 18:28
I always stay at the M.J., and will be there again in a few weeks. Can´t ask for a better location. I´d like to know if anyone has ever had a massage in the health club and what was on the menu? Last time I was there a couple of the girls looked OK. If anyone has had this experience, please pm me for discretion sake.

Can you please tell me what is the M.J.?

Member #4351
03-31-10, 18:46
Thanks for pointing that out. Majestic Grande.

Allover
04-01-10, 09:36
$500 AMEX traveler checks are definitely still available at AMEX offices but they're hard to find anyplace else--especially for free. Most of us without AMEX credit cards would have to pay a 1% fee for a $500 AMEX check.

Cost of using one $500 AMEX TC: $5.00 ($5 fee to purchase) +$1 stamp fee in LOS for a total of $6.00

Cost of using 5 $100 TCs: 0 to purchase at Chase Bank +$5 stamp fee for 5 TCs in LOS for a total of $5.00.

In the long run $100 denomination TCs cost about $1 less per $500 spent than using the $500 demoniation TCs. Not a big difference.

Allover
04-01-10, 09:44
Certainly can't go wrong with Majestic Grande. I'll throw out another old favorite--Grand President on Soi 11. It's a little worn but the rooms have been renovated. They have rooms in a lot of differnt price ranges. Very good breakfast buffet too. I think it has the best location in town. Easy walk to Bier Garden, Nana, Soi Cowboy, and the Nana BTS stop. Soi 11 is interesting with currency exchanges, shops, late night clubs, restaurants and the occasional FL.

Sukhumvit near Soi 11 is a good after hours area for FLs and the sidewalk vendors are interesting especially for the first time visitor.

I'll be staying at S Sukhumvit Suites in June for the first time. If anybody has stayed there, I'd like to hear any comments. I'm hoping it really is only a two minute walk to Cowboy, BTS, and MRT as their website claims.

Jgm005
04-01-10, 18:06
I have not stayed there but have walked by it a number of times. If it takes you more than two minutes to get to Soi Cowboy or MRT or BTS than you must be crawling. It is very close.

I'll be staying at S Sukhumvit Suites in June for the first time. If anybody has stayed there, I'd like to hear any comments. I'm hoping it really is only a two minute walk to Cowboy, BTS, and MRT as their website claims.

11Bravo
04-03-10, 11:15
Reported on before, but here is a "current" report. tag: Short Time Hotel.

Penthouse Hotel is an old institution, but certainly functions very well for a ST hotel in the Sukhumvit Soi 7 area. For the Soi 7 Bier Garten, it's simply a walk through the Park Hotel's parking lot, to grab a taxi on Soi 9 (Soi 7 being 1-way in the wrong direction). I would not expect her to walk to the hotel :)

Right where you come out of the Park Hotel's parking lot, just to the right, there is a 7/11, in case you need to pick up some "supplies", as in condoms. Yes, she probably has some, but I'd ask, just to avoid any unpleasant surprises at the hotel. I'm sure they sell, but do you really want to be wandering around at the hotel, looking for some?
BTW: they're in a rack right in front of the 7/11's cash register. Nothing sadder to see than an "older" guy, refusing to put on his glasses, searching for them throughout the store, wondering where the damn things are - I know, that was me.

Taxi pulls into the basement with the curtained car ports, but obviously does not pull into a car port, just stops in front of an "open" one.

You, and I will assume at least 1 she, jump out, attendant opens room door, turns on light, a/c, tv. 310 baht for 2 hours, payable to the attendant on arrival. No idea about 1 hour rate, but it is available.

Rooms are sparse, but certainly functional, clean if a little "frayed". A towel "pack" is provided: 2 bath towels plus a hotel size soap bar, all in a sealed plastic bag (they know their business). Bathroom small but functional, tub with shower, toilet, sink. Hot water via an electric flash heater.

Room contains king, or at least queen, size bed, small sofa, tv. Nice LARGE mirrors on 3 walls surrounding bed (left, right, front). Pillows may smell of smoke. Clean enough I didn't feel compelled to bring flip-flops/shower shoes, but wouldn't want to spend more than several hours there. If nothing else, no windows :)

The one good or bad thing, depending, is that telephone coverage can be spotty. After all, you are in a basement, and if your room is 1 of the center ones, no guarantee you'll get a network connection.

Functional. How they compare to others in the area of the same ilk no idea, but there is certainly NO walk of shame :)

The Pro
04-03-10, 12:20
For just over 1200 baht a night (Superior Room) I have often wondered if any mongers use the "24 Inn hotel".

You go past it every time use you Soi 24 or Soi 24/1 or Soi 26 massage places.

It has the perfect location if you are an oily person, right on the BTS Phrom Phrong (like 3 steps outside the hotel door you are on the BTS steps), right between Soi 24 and Soi 24/1 for all the massage action.

Due to the instant BTS access its easy to go other places too, and for food you are right next to Emporium and good restaurants on Soi 24.

It seems you do not want front facing rooms, but the Superiors facing the back are ok (if noise is an issue for your sleeping).

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/24_inn.html

Stew2
04-03-10, 19:11
Shemp there are a lot of good options in that area. Lots of guys have their favorites.

Personally, I have enjoyed the Grand President on Soi 11 a number of times. It's about a block away from Nana (across Sukhumvit) and about a 15 minute walk to Cowboy in the other direction (you conveniently pass Thermae Cafe on the way). Some good restaurants on Soi 11 add to the choice. They often run specials that will get you a room well under $100 (maybe closer to $60), including breakfast for 2; specials often don't include free wifi, but if you ask, they seem willing to throw it in - last year I was there for a few days and then planning to return a few weeks later, so I asked at the desk for the same rate, and they gave it to me, but the wifi wasn't included. I simply asked them to throw it in and they were willing. Very girl friendly in the annex (I think it is building 3, where the "standard rooms are) across the street from the main building. Guard will take id and make sure all is ok before she gets it back on leaving. Pool on the roof.

4) gf of course

5) 3* or above

Asian Flava
04-04-10, 02:23
Some good options have already been given by others. I have stayed at Majestic Grande a few years ago and it is a very nice place. However it is very near to (not that that is a bad thing) Nana and not really between NEP and Cowboy.

I have also stayed on Soi 11 at Grand President bit ended up stuck across the street in their other wing. Found that room to be very small and didn't enjoy. I'm sure I got one of the cheaper rooms and that was the reason. Location though is great as another poster has stated. Lots of bars and restaurants on Soi 11.

My most recent stay in BKK (a few weeks ago) I booked into The President Solitaire (another of the President group of hotels). I was quite impressed. Very nice rooms. Friendly staff. A little bit further down Soi 11 but personally I enjoy the walk up to Suk. I would recommend the Aussie Pub as a good place to eat and La Piola as well. If you don't fancy the walk they have a tuk tuk service and taxis are just out front.

I know there are a wealth of choices in the area. Good luck and let us know what you find.

AF

4) gf of course

5) 3* or above

Mayday14
04-04-10, 05:53

My most recent stay in BKK (a few weeks ago) I booked into The President Solitaire (another of the President group of hotels). I was quite impressed. Very nice rooms. Friendly staff. A little bit further down Soi 11 but personally I enjoy the walk up to Suk. I would recommend the Aussie Pub as a good place to eat and La Piola as well. If you don't fancy the walk they have a tuk tuk service and taxis are just out front.

I know there are a wealth of choices in the area. Good luck and let us know what you find.

AF

President Solitaire is currently one of the 'mystery' 5* hotels on wotif @2099baht/night.
Wouldn't agree it's 5* but at that price a stand-out bargain.

Fast Eddie 48
04-04-10, 05:57
$500 AMEX traveler checks are definitely still available at AMEX offices but they're hard to find anyplace else--especially for free. Most of us without AMEX credit cards would have to pay a 1% fee for a $500 AMEX check.

Cost of using one $500 AMEX TC: $5.00 ($5 fee to purchase) +$1 stamp fee in LOS for a total of $6.00

Cost of using 5 $100 TCs: 0 to purchase at Chase Bank +$5 stamp fee for 5 TCs in LOS for a total of $5.00.

In the long run $100 denomination TCs cost about $1 less per $500 spent than using the $500 demoniation TCs. Not a big difference.Allover,

Yes Thailand is one of the best place in the world to cash Amex check rate is higher than cash and is easy fee is low, The worst place is South america like Brazil and Agentina most bank don't want to cash it and fee is high they charge a fee of 1. 50 to 2. 00 USD for each check any amount and bank of China charge a fee of 20 rmb for each check and they need to call the amex office in China to get approved take more than 30 min and only the main branch can accept them, so it is better to have amex check in 500 USD.

Fast Eddie 48

OldHarry
04-05-10, 17:55
Checking prices for a 24 night stay in oct/nov I have found that it is a lot cheaper to stay for 30 days. Does anyone know if I book for 30 days and then checkout earlier if a "penalty fee" will apply?

I have tried asking a couple of hotels but they have not answered.

Would prefer to stay in serviced appt, in a better class of room on sukumvit, used adelphi suites last year which was fine but budget limited to about 65k Baht for accom this year

Stew2
04-06-10, 01:33
Harry it's pretty obvious that if you are given a discount for an extended stay and then don't meet the minimum # of days for the discount, the price is going to be different.

Why don't you try to negotiate for the actual number of days you'll be staying there and see whether they'll cut you a deal.

Checking prices for a 24 night stay in oct/nov I have found that it is a lot cheaper to stay for 30 days. Does anyone know if I book for 30 days and then checkout earlier if a "penalty fee" will apply?

I have tried asking a couple of hotels but they have not answered.

Would prefer to stay in serviced appt, in a better class of room on sukumvit, used adelphi suites last year which was fine but budget limited to about 65k Baht for accom this year

Naughty
04-06-10, 05:20
Harry it's pretty obvious that if you are given a discount for an extended stay and then don't meet the minimum # of days for the discount, the price is going to be different.

Why don't you try to negotiate for the actual number of days you'll be staying there and see whether they'll cut you a deal.

Or just pay for the days you won't be there if it saves enough to make it worthwhile.

OldHarry
04-06-10, 08:05
Or just pay for the days you won't be there if it saves enough to make it worthwhile.Sorry Gents phrased my question badly, no problem paying in advance for the 30 days discounted rate and would not expect a refund if I left early "for change of plans / visit sick buffalo" or what ever reason I give the hotel. What I am trying to find out is if they would then make me pay the higher shorter stay rate when I left as I did not meet the criteria for the long stay rate. The difference can be 15-18k Bt, which I would rather spend elsewhere.

I have tried asking some hotels about a rate for a 24 night stay but most just quote me their weekly rate or offer a discount on facilities (15% off laundry or restaraunt etc.)

Carbon Credit
04-07-10, 08:08
Hello,

I'm staying at the dream hotel on Suk 16, Is this hotel GF?,

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Will Smith69
04-07-10, 22:37
Hello,

Any suggestions?

CheersHi,

I stayed there 3-4 times now. First I realy like the hotel!

Good location, I always get a very nice corner room with a lot of space.

I love the pool! After 10pm there is almost noboy and we had a lot of fun in the pool and on the deck. So to come to your question:

Jes it is GF! They take the Id for securety, but no extra charge and no questions.

I love the place.

Nake shure you stay at Dream2 the buliding across the main entrance with the pool on the rooftop!

Will

ImaRonin
04-07-10, 23:58
Hello,

Any suggestions?

CheersYes, no problems.

Naughty
04-08-10, 17:57
Sorry Gents phrased my question badly, no problem paying in advance for the 30 days discounted rate and would not expect a refund if I left early "for change of plans / visit sick buffalo" or what ever reason I give the hotel. What I am trying to find out is if they would then make me pay the higher shorter stay rate when I left as I did not meet the criteria for the long stay rate. The difference can be 15-18k Bt, which I would rather spend elsewhere.

I have tried asking some hotels about a rate for a 24 night stay but most just quote me their weekly rate or offer a discount on facilities (15% off laundry or restaraunt etc.)

I think if you agree to pay for 30 days at the lower rate, but you leave early, you will have to pay the discount rate for the full 30, or the full price for the 24 days, whichever is lower.

They might agree to 3 weeks at the weekly rate and the remainder at either full or some discount rate to be determined at the time you check out, but don't count on or expect that unless it is pre-negotiated.

A word to the wise: If you cause them to feel that you are being a bother, they will just totally ignore you until you go away.

Just negotiate a discount for the length of time you plan to stay at the hotel. If you are friendly, polite, and respectful about it they will most likely give you a rate between the discounted rate and the full price.

When you negotiate for price at a hotel, do it when there are no other guests around. Be discrete about it.

You MUST abide by any agreement you make, or you may cause yourself to experience unforseen difficulties.

You really need to talk to the folks at the hotel as we cannot speak for them.

Good luck and have fun!!

The Pro
04-09-10, 04:01
Sorry Gents phrased my question badly, no problem paying in advance for the 30 days discounted rate and would not expect a refund if I left early "for change of plans / visit sick buffalo" or what ever reason I give the hotel. What I am trying to find out is if they would then make me pay the higher shorter stay rate when I left as I did not meet the criteria for the long stay rate. The difference can be 15-18k Bt, which I would rather spend elsewhere.

I have tried asking some hotels about a rate for a 24 night stay but most just quote me their weekly rate or offer a discount on facilities (15% off laundry or restaraunt etc.)All depends on if the 1 month rate is cheaper than the 24 day rate.

If the 1 month rate is cheaper, you book for a month and just leave when you want, the room remains yours but nobody will be in it - thats fair, no issue.

If you book on the 1 month rate but then attempt to pay for just 24 days that is not acceptable, you can choose either to pay the 1 month rate in full, or you can pay 24 nights but at the standard rates (more expensive per night than monthly).

If you simply pay the 1 month in advance and want to check out early then its no problem, provided you do not ask for a refund, but there is no penalty as simply the room remains empty for the period you are not there, but its yours.

Naughty
04-09-10, 19:59
If you book on the 1 month rate but then attempt to pay for just 24 days that is not acceptable, you can choose either to pay the 1 month rate in full, or you can pay 24 nights but at the standard rates (more expensive per night than monthly).

Get out the calculator and do the math!

Jayleesf
04-14-10, 08:53
Hi,

I am planning another visit to Bangkok in a month and found a good price for S31 hotel. I guess its new since there are no reviews on Agoda or on this forum. Wondering if anyone knows if this hotel is GF. Also any reviews would be great to read.

Thanks

Member #2453
04-15-10, 13:24
Hi

Does anyone know the names of the WOTIF Mystery Hotels this week in Bangkok. Suk.

Thanks,

Iony

Rambis Youth
04-16-10, 13:48
Hi

Does anyone know the names of the WOTIF Mystery Hotels this week in Bangkok. Suk.

Thanks,

Iony

Can you be more specific? There are quite a few in the different price ranges.

Member #2453
04-17-10, 07:39
Can you be more specific? There are quite a few in the different price ranges.The one with 2800 range.

Mufans
04-18-10, 03:10
Hi guy,

I've searching through the forum but can't find any information on this hotel. Is it girl friendly?

Appreciate someone can tell me on this.

Thanks

Rambis Youth
04-18-10, 14:09
The one with 2800 range.

Assuming you mean, Sukhumvit, the one that mentions Skytrain & Sunway is Grand Millenium Suk and the one that mentions IP Phones etc I'm pretty sure is S31.

Member #2453
04-18-10, 15:27
Assuming you mean, Sukhumvit, the one that mentions Skytrain & Sunway is Grand Millenium Suk and the one that mentions IP Phones etc I'm pretty sure is S31.The one that mentions skytrain and subway is Maduzi Bangkok Hotel, 9/1 Ratchadaphisek Road , Bangkok 10110 , (Head office 25 Methenivet, Sukhumvit 24 Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110 Thailand ), Bangkok 10110

Phone: 02-615-6400

I have already booked this hotel room, any info on this hotel?

That was a real mystery deal.

Thor93
04-19-10, 01:52
I am scheduled to fly into Bangkok the 30th and stay at the Grand Hyatt. Just wondering if there is anyone there right now that might provide an update on the situation with that particular hotel. I know they are very close to the demonstrations and access to the hotel right now is limited. Would appreciate any advice.

Right now my backup plan would be the J.W. Marriott or the Conrad or just give up the whole idea of Bangkok and stay in Singapore for that weekend.

Rambis Youth
04-19-10, 14:21
The one that mentions skytrain and subway is Maduzi Bangkok Hotel, 9/1 Ratchadaphisek Road , Bangkok 10110 , (Head office 25 Methenivet, Sukhumvit 24 Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110 Thailand ), Bangkok 10110

Phone: 02-615-6400

I have already booked this hotel room, any info on this hotel?

That was a real mystery deal.

I was referring to the 5* one going for 2800 baht as per your clarification.. Your one is 4.5 stars and presumably cost less.

The Pro
04-20-10, 05:34
I am scheduled to fly into Bangkok the 30th and stay at the Grand Hyatt. Just wondering if there is anyone there right now that might provide an update on the situation with that particular hotel. I know they are very close to the demonstrations and access to the hotel right now is limited. Would appreciate any advice.

Right now my backup plan would be the J.W. Marriott or the Conrad or just give up the whole idea of Bangkok and stay in Singapore for that weekend.http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/175189/hotels-in-ratchaprasong-closed

Hotels in Ratchaprasong close

Published: 20/04/2010 at 09:42 AM
Online news: Breakingnews

The managements of hotels located around Ratchaprasong interection and nearby areas this morning announced that for safety reason they will close from noon on Tuesday to April 25, reports said.

The hotels include Grand Hyatt Erawan, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental and Centara Grand.

“We have asked our guests to check out at noon as our hotel will stop providing services at that time,” a staff member at the Intercontinental hotel said on Tuesday morning.

Dubguy76
04-20-10, 11:47

4) gf of course

5) 3* or above

Do you guys have any candidates for me? Thank you.Ticks all your boxes, very GF with an elevator from the car-park that bypasses reception.

5 mins to Asoke station, 10 to Soi Cowboy

I stayed on thier long-stay rate which works out very reasonably

Enjoy the trip :-)

Thor93
04-20-10, 16:51
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/175189/hotels-in-ratchaprasong-closed

Thanks for the update. Since my company has now put BKK on the restricted travel list, I will unfortunately have to stay put in Singapore for that weekend. I figure that just about doubles or triples my mongering budget needs.

Thor93
04-20-10, 17:34
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/175189/hotels-in-ratchaprasong-closed

Thanks for the update. Since my company has now put BKK on the restricted travel list, I will unfortunately have to stay put in Singapore for that weekend. I figure that just about doubles or triples my mongering budget needs.

Barko
04-27-10, 13:44
Grand Millennium: 2800 Baht-(3300 Baht buffet breakfast inclusive) http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 ENDING SOON. Deluxe 38 sqm Internet pay extra (Normal price 1 night: 4590B) Try for front desk upgrade.

President Solitaire: 2099 - 2299 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50193&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 "Premiere Suite" 50 sqm (Normal price one night: 2999B) Seen better days. Free Internet.

Dream: 2300 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W64090&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 "Classic" 38 sqm (Normal price one night: 3800B) 5 Star? No way José. Internet free but retarded. Postage stamp pool.

Maduzi: 2900 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75453&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 In room jacuzzi. 49 sqm (Normal price one night: 5250B) Best deal going for now. Free wi-fi, but no pool!

More later. Best, B.

Will Smith69
04-28-10, 23:01
Hi,

I am a long time user of this forum, and I enjoy the forum a lot. I think in this times we need to support all the havy supporter of this forum. I will be in BKK in mid may, and as I can read it is not easy right now for the livingstone's lodge. So yes there are a lot lot lot of hotel in BKK, but I will support giottos efforts by bokking there right now.

Yes we all can get good deals this time in other placec, but noeone from these hotels has ever realy supportet the forum like he did. So maybe its the right time to book there.

I have nothing to do with the lodge, and I don't get mony for this, I just had the feeling to write what I am thinking.

And mybe, there will be a nice crouwd in the lodge in mid may and we all have a lot of fun in the sports bar.

So happy hunting to all of you.

Will

Mankosuki
04-30-10, 13:17
Hi Barko,

Thanks for posting the deals...just wondering, how do you know for sure the hotel names? looks like you need to book as they are Mystery prices and the site will tell you after you book.

Will arrive in BKK on May 26.

Thanks

Grand Millennium: 2800 Baht-(3300 Baht buffet breakfast inclusive) http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 ENDING SOON. Deluxe 38 sqm Internet pay extra (Normal price 1 night: 4590B) Try for front desk upgrade.

President Solitaire: 2099 - 2299 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50193&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 "Premiere Suite" 50 sqm (Normal price one night: 2999B) Seen better days. Free Internet.

Dream: 2300 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W64090&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 "Classic" 38 sqm (Normal price one night: 3800B) 5 Star? No way José. Internet free but retarded. Postage stamp pool.

Maduzi: 2900 Baht http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75453&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662 In room jacuzzi. 49 sqm (Normal price one night: 5250B) Best deal going for now. Free wi-fi, but no pool!

More later. Best, B.

Sushilover808
05-02-10, 01:16
Ticks all your boxes, very GF with an elevator from the car-park that bypasses reception.

5 mins to Asoke station, 10 to Soi Cowboy

I stayed on thier long-stay rate which works out very reasonably

Enjoy the trip :-)

I planning to be in Bangkok at the end of May. The Silq hotel has an amazing deal of 1450 Baht per night for 6 nights or more. See Below:

THB 1,450 x 10 Nights
Rate per room in Thailand Baht (THB) : More Details Total Cost:
THB 14,500
All of our standard rooms are fitted out with comfortable King sized beds.The well designed space of each room makes for a cozy yet functional environment. Room amenities include 32" LCD TV, in-room safe and Internet WiFi. **King Bed Only
* Minimum of 6 consecutive nights stay. Package Includes:
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Unlimited Internet WiFi
Complimentary Daily Newspaper
1000 THB Nett Credit for Food & Beverage in hotel (no cash refunds given for unused credit)
Complimentary Local Mobile Sim Card

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything similiar but with a nice gym.

Fast Eddie 48
05-02-10, 02:26
I been checking for hotel deals online but find price are still high ,plan to be in bangkok in mid june not sure why june is low season and many tourist is canceling trip to Thailand but there are no hotel deal .

Fast eddie 48

Member #2453
05-02-10, 06:38

More later. Best, B.Stayed at the Maduzi last week, Found it to be a great hotel, nice and big rooms, separate bath and dressing area, high class furnishing and very girl friendly.

Yendor
05-05-10, 19:14
Just noted on WOTIF that MaDuZi is 4 1/2 *, but you reckon that 5* THB 2900 'Wot Hotel' is also MaDuZi.

Is this a quirk of WOTIF, or and I missing something.....?

I mananged to get 8 nights at 70sqm suite rooms at Grand Mercure Asoke for THB 1800 during the rather good 'Great Asia Sale' back in Feb. 4 nights 14-18 May, and last 4 nights 26-30 May. I am looking for another 2-3 nights to fill up my time.

I may have missed the Wot Hotel (Grand Sukh deal), which I used for a few nights last Oct. Very good value at THB 2500 (thanks Barko!)

Cheers, Y

Barko
05-06-10, 18:59
Just noted on WOTIF that MaDuZi is 4 1/2 *, but you reckon that 5* THB 2900 'Wot Hotel' is also MaDuZi.

Is this a quirk of WOTIF, or and I missing something.....?

I mananged to get 8 nights at 70sqm suite rooms at Grand Mercure Asoke for THB 1800 during the rather good 'Great Asia Sale' back in Feb. 4 nights 14-18 May, and last 4 nights 26-30 May. I am looking for another 2-3 nights to fill up my time.

I may have missed the Wot Hotel (Grand Sukh deal), which I used for a few nights last Oct. Very good value at THB 2500 (thanks Barko!)

Cheers, YMaduzi, yes it is. And, whether it's 4 1/2 or 5 stars, it is definitely the secret 'Wot Hotel' as listed. At 2900 Baht it's a very good deal, pool or no pool.

(Your Grand Mercure Asoke stay for 1800 Baht is simply a FANTASTIC deal!)

Will Smith69
05-08-10, 08:25
Hi,

I am still searching for a cool place to stay in BKK.

I tried to book at livingstone and sendet 2 reqests on the site, but no answer.

I looked at the dream, I like it, and the pool, but I also looked at other 5* in this area.

I read most reports but I can't still make up my minde.

Any suggestion on a niche hotel 4* or 5*, with pool and a very cool bathroom (like this) in sukhumvide area.

Any suggestion would be much appre.

Thanks!

FlyingVisitor
05-09-10, 12:18
Has anyone experienced if SilQ hotel (Asoke) and/or Imperial Queens Park (Suk 22) are girl friendly addresses?
Thanks
FV

Jgm005
05-09-10, 12:45
I've stayed at the Silq hotel and it is GF friendly. There is an elevator that goes down to the street level one can take if you wanted to by pass the lobby.

Has anyone experienced if SilQ hotel (Asoke) and/or Imperial Queens Park (Suk 22) are girl friendly addresses?
Thanks
FV

SE Asia Joe
05-09-10, 14:06
Hey Giotto!!!

Look-it at the folowing!!
Sliding standards at LL?
All the recent trurmoil causing turmoil at LL too?

Just wanted to point this out - since biz must NOT be that easy to do in Bangkok these days.

Peace and out

SEAJ

Hi,

I am still searching for a cool place to stay in BKK.

I looked at the dream, I like it, and the pool, but I also looked at other 5* in this area.

I read most reports but I can't still make up my minde.

Any suggestion on a niche hotel 4* or 5*, with pool and a very cool bathroom (like this) in sukhumvide area.

Any suggestion would be much appre.

Thanks!

Giotto
05-09-10, 18:43
Will Smith69,

Sorry - but usually we answer requests quite fast... and the WebSite is working, I just checked it.

Please send a PM to me, or an E-Mail directly to

info@livingstones.co.th

Thanks

Giotto

Giotto
05-09-10, 18:52
Hey Giotto!!!

Look-it at the folowing!!
Sliding standards at LL?
All the recent trurmoil causing turmoil at LL too?

Just wanted to point this out - since biz must NOT be that easy to do in Bangkok these days.

Peace and out

SEAJSE Asia Joe,

LOL - no idea, we don't get too many reservations at the moment... may be all the reservation process does not work any more :).

No, I just checked it - entered a faked reservation and checked whether the E-Mail is received here - it works fine. Potential customers should get an answer...

Anyway - if this happens to somebody out there don't hesitate to send a PM to me. I will check - for sure!

Giotto

ImaRonin
05-10-10, 00:36
Hi,

I am still searching for a cool place to stay in BKK.I liked the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok hotel. Great location (Soi Cowboy and light rail station), good food, nice service, newer hotel, very well kept and the rooms are very nice and comfortable. There are deals available on-line if you shop around. Personally, I just reserved directly with the hotel. Hotel is girl-friendly.

Bigstud
05-10-10, 04:02

Thanks

FVIQP is definitely GF.

SE Asia Joe
05-10-10, 04:32
Hey Giotto -

WOW!!! Did you read this??

I was just idly scrolling this thread and - WOW!!!

You'd better take care of this fella!!

LOL!!

SEAJ

Hi,

I am a long time user of this forum, and I enjoy the forum a lot. I think in this times we need to support all the havy supporter of this forum. I will be in BKK in mid may, and as I can read it is not easy right now for the livingstone's lodge. So yes there are a lot lot lot of hotel in BKK, but I will support giottos efforts by bokking there right now.

Yes we all can get good deals this time in other placec, but noeone from these hotels has ever realy supportet the forum like he did. So maybe its the right time to book there.

I have nothing to do with the lodge, and I don't get mony for this, I just had the feeling to write what I am thinking.

And mybe, there will be a nice crouwd in the lodge in mid may and we all have a lot of fun in the sports bar.

So happy hunting to all of you.

Will

Fon Tok
05-10-10, 05:09
Hey Giotto....You'd better take care of this fella!!
LOL!! SEAJHey SEAJ! You are really good at this guerrilla marketing stuff. Keep it up.
LOL! ;)

From wikipedia:

"The concept of guerrilla marketing was invented as an unconventional system of promotions that relies on time, energy and imagination rather than a big marketing budget. Typically, guerrilla marketing campaigns are unexpected and unconventional; potentially interactive; and consumers are targeted in unexpected places.

The objective of guerrilla marketing is to create a unique, engaging and thought-provoking concept to generate buzz, and consequently turn viral. The term was coined and defined by Jay Conrad Levinson in his book Guerrilla Marketing. The term has since entered the popular vocabulary and marketing textbooks.

Guerrilla marketing involves unusual approaches such as intercept encounters in public places, street giveaways of products, PR stunts, any unconventional marketing intended to get maximum results from minimal resources. More innovative approaches to Guerrilla marketing now utilize cutting edge mobile digital technologies to really engage the consumer and create a memorable brand experience."

SE Asia Joe
05-10-10, 05:19
Hey SEAJ! You are really good at this guerrilla marketing stuff. Keep it up.
LOL! ;)

From wikipedia:
Well........ the way I figure it, Giotto's done a lot for us guys on ISG - and continue to do so. It's quite unfortunate that the tourist situation is what it is in Thailand right now - which prompts me to TRY to help out a bit.

And if you think about it -if LL goes down the tubes, it WILL be a big loss for us all on ISG; what - only have those clown from the Pithouse hotel in Patts to rely on for things in Thailand?

Giotto have always been helpful to all visitors - whether newbies or oldies - and Livingstone's Lodge is just about the only "safe haven" I know in Bangkok where a monger - especially newbies - can retreat to. Safe in the knowledge that there ain't gonna be the usual schemes and shenanigans that routinely happen at a lot of venues in Thailand.

So I say, Yes guys - time to pay back Giotto's contributions and rally around LL. We've only got ourselves to blame if anything happens to LL.

Just IMHO

SEAJ

Will Smith69
05-10-10, 05:47
Well. The way I figure it, Giotto's done a lot for us guys on ISG. And continue to do so. It's quite unfortunate that the tourist situation is what it is in Thailand right now. Which prompts me to TRY to help out a bit.

And if you think about it.if LL goes down the tubes, it WILL be a big loss for us all on ISG; what. Only have those clown from the Pithouse hotel in Patts to rely on for things in Thailand?

Giotto have always been helpful to all visitors. Whether newbies or oldies. And Livingstone's Lodge is just about the only "safe haven" I know in Bangkok where a monger. Especially newbies. Can retreat to. Safe in the knowledge that there ain't going to be the usual schemes and shenanigans that routinely happen at a lot of venues in Thailand.

So I say, Yes guys. Time to pay back Giotto's contributions and rally around LL. We've only got ourselves to blame if anything happens to LL.

Just IMHO

SEAJHi fellows on ISG,

I worte this quote that time, because I feelt that it makes sense to support him.! I never stayed there before and I have NO relationship to LL. I like BKK, and normaly I stay in design hotels with 5*. But this time I will tryto stay at LL.

Thanks for all your help the last jears.

Will

Giotto
05-10-10, 07:28
Guys,

Thanks for all the support.

The situation is really bad at the moment, we hardly get any reservation for the low season right now. Occupation is 30 % and below.

I still have problems to encourage people to come to Bangkok - the political situation has to stabilize first. I am not so worried about the demonstration, but about the bomb / grenade attacks - Friday night again, last night on a bank in Rachadapisek ... this is unpredictable, and it happens too often right now.

To those who still plan to come to Bangkok - the hotel is still open, we appreciate you coming here - and we will offer a special ISG discount for the summer month soon. For the time being just contact us, and we will find individual solutions.

Giotto
http://www.livingstones.co.th

The Pro
05-11-10, 03:51
The situation in Bangkok is great (for those wanting nice hotels at nice cheap prices), so many great hotel deals on offer !!

Again I strongly recommend using

http://www.wotif.com/

Go for hotels between Soi 4 to Soi 19 (the main Sukhumvit strip).

Lots of places you can get well below 1500 baht a night for a very good room.

Citadines Sukhumvit Soi 8 = 1500 baht

Omni Sukhumvit Soi 4 = 1399 baht (inc breakfast)

Two 4-star hotels under the "Mystery Hotel" special, both under 1500 baht a night.

City Lodge Sukhimvit Soi 19 = 1399 baht

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 = 1250 baht

Loads of offers out there, nobody owes you anything, just get the best deals for the best hotels and enjoy your time !!!

Barko
05-11-10, 12:34
Ma Du Zi Wotif secret deal cancelled:

Friday afternoon I took two Mango massage girls to my nice little Ma Du Zi suite. Outstanding session. Then, Saturday night, I took two very horny Tilac (Soi Cowboy) babies back to the room LT, they discretely left at 6 am. Massive hangover Sunday, didn't do anything or go anywhere. Then Monday, as I was checking out, the (all female) reception staff complained in Thai of too many "playboys" in the hotel now.

I get back to the BKK condo, go to make a booking at the Ma Du Zi again for the next weekend, and lo and behold, out of the blue, the secret deal is gone, history, poof-dee, hasta la bye bye.

I guess more than a few of you took advantage of the outed cheap price and location, but dammit, there goes my sweet deal down the toilet. :)

Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, but crap, now where? Heh.

Great deal that was.

Will Smith69
05-11-10, 23:00
Hi I also looking for a decent hotel:

4, 5* to 5*

POOL

Cool rooms and good location.

Any suggestion! I stayed at the dream, liked it but like to try new hotels.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance

Will

Friday afternoon I took two Mango massage girls to my nice little Ma Du Zi suite. Then Saturday night, I took two very horny Tilac (Soi Cowboy) babies LT, they both very discretely left at 6am. Massive hangover Sunday, didn't go out. Then Monday, as I was checking out, the (all female) reception staff complained in Thai of too many "playboys" in the hotel now.

I get back to the condo, go to make a booking at the Ma Du Zi for next weekend, and lo and behold, the secret deal is gone, history, poof-dee, hasta la bye bye.

I guess more than a few of you guys took advantage of the outed cheap price and location, but dammit, there goes my sweet deal down the toilet.

Crap. Now where to go? Heh.

Jgm005
05-12-10, 03:31
I noticed that last night it had gone bye-bye. I was ready to make a booking. I kept on flipping back N forth from your original post on this place to WOTIF figuring I messed up. Never got to try it. Too high now for my taste now.

Keep on posting. You've certainly helped me (G/M to note as one)

Friday afternoon I took two Mango massage girls to my nice little Ma Du Zi suite. Outstanding session. Then, Saturday night, I took two very horny Tilac (Soi Cowboy) babies back to the room LT, they discretely left at 6 am. Massive hangover Sunday, didn't do anything or go anywhere. Then Monday, as I was checking out, the (all female) reception staff complained in Thai of too many "playboys" in the hotel now.

I get back to the BKK condo, go to make a booking at the Ma Du Zi again for the next weekend, and lo and behold, out of the blue, the secret deal is gone, history, poof-dee, hasta la bye bye.

I guess more than a few of you took advantage of the outed cheap price and location, but dammit, there goes my sweet deal down the toilet. :)

Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, but crap, now where? Heh.

Great deal that was.

Barko
05-12-10, 12:18
Called Ma Du Zi just to see if there wasn't some sort of SNAFU. Yes, there was. They had gotten so many hits and room requests that they had to shut the "Mystery" deal down completely until Wotif could reset the server to reflect booked rooms.

Secret deal is back up again, but it is booked solid until the 25th May, after that the rate goes up. They aren't stupid.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75453&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Rooms at their normal rates there are still available, but questionable IMHO. Not sure the place is worth 4200 Baht/night for my kind of messing around on the weekends. The big bubbly jacuzzi in the bathroom is nice, the accouterments are very tastefully done, the Internet is certainly fast enough (I'm picky,) the place is privacy oriented, and the xlnt 24 hour Foodland restaurant counter "Took Lae Dee" is right around the corner.

Things could be a lot worse. We all know how hard to find a place that hits on all eight cylinders don't we? If you want it all, you have to pay. Admittedly it is a bit pricey, but I am here to tell you that the Thai babies do love it a lot. And I like the place better than the Sheraton Grande (except for the buffet breakfast) the Marriotts, the Westin Grande, or the Millennium Grande. All in the same area.

More later.

Barko
05-12-10, 12:56
For quick reference, on Soi 16 the Citadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 16 is right next door to the Ma Du Zi, but it's not my style. Some guys really like it though, it's cheap and for them it's good. For me, all I wanted to do is bang and get out of there pronto. Hell, I can do that with a ST hotel, no thanks. I like to linger and goof around and tease the girls and get them to do things that they wouldn't normally do. Heh.

Then there is the Column Bangkok, it's right next door to the Citadines and has a two night minimum deal right now with a free upgrade to one bedroom for 3000 Baht, (includes a "Long Table restaurant" menu breakfast and, yes, the one bedroom is huge, 2 TVs, big-ass kitchen, and an unparalleled view.)

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W67256&page=1&viewType=all

Column is GF, but if you're shy, the walk of shame is not very cool.

(The "receptionista" are very cute, very sexy, and very condescending when they see you suddenly appear then parade directly in front of them with two or three barfine poo-yings on your arm.) Naughty giggling and high heels clickity-clicking back to the lifts are a dead airspace calamity here. Man up & don't be shy, smile, it's Bangkok (and you are having the time of your life!) :D

More later.

Best,

B.

Member #2041
05-15-10, 01:08
For quick reference, on Soi 16 the Citadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 16 is right next door to the Ma Du Zi, but it's not my style. Some guys really like it though, it's cheap and for them it's good. For me, all I wanted to do is bang and get out of there pronto. Hell, I can do that with a ST hotel, no thanks. I like to linger and goof around and tease the girls and get them to do things that they wouldn't normally do. Heh.

Then there is the Column Bangkok, it's right next door to the Citadines and has a two night minimum deal right now with a free upgrade to one bedroom for 3000 Baht, (includes a "Long Table restaurant" menu breakfast and, yes, the one bedroom is huge, 2 TVs, big-ass kitchen, and an unparalleled view.)

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W67256&page=1&viewType=all

Column is GF, but if you're shy, the walk of shame is not very cool.

(The "receptionista" are very cute, very sexy, and very condescending when they see you suddenly appear then parade directly in front of them with two or three barfine poo-yings on your arm.) Naughty giggling and high heels clickity-clicking back to the lifts are a dead airspace calamity here. Man up & don't be shy, smile, it's Bangkok (and you are having the time of your life!) :D

More later.

Best,

B.

When this situation occurs, I always ask the receptionista if they wish to make it a foursome.

Easy Lover222
05-17-10, 23:30
In terms of price/location its hard to beat. very nice for its category. You can use a pool in Majestic Grande - 5min by walk. Every time in BKK i always stay there.

Mouse1
05-22-10, 15:24
Grateful for any suggestions for bargains at the moment. I'm coming out to BKK on 5th June, and I normally stay at Citadines Soi 11 or leFenix, but I think there should be some good rooms for around 1000 - 1200 Bht. Any suggestions, particularly for wotif secret deals?

Will Smith69
05-22-10, 15:52
Hi,

I managed to arrive here in BKK yesterday. And as promissed I checked in to livingstones lodge.

I will give a full report the next day includign pictures. But so fare I like it a lot.

Normaly I was staying in dream most of the time, but this time I was thinking it is a lot better to be at a place where you actualy "get people to know".

And exactly it is like this. I feel much saver here. Even if the situation feels safe here, it is not realy.

I was walking sukhumvide today. A lot of police and verwer people, less action etc. But you never know.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, we could not go out, everything is closed. But livingstones is "selve contained". Everything is there, food, pool, a bar with pooltable and girls.

I liked it a lot.

Ok details an images will follow.

Thanks

Will

M P Lurker
05-24-10, 17:30
I am looking for a good 4 star Hotel preferrably in Sukhumwit with good bedside mirrors for watching our own action.
This is the GF's request believe it or not. :D (she is a hotty!)
She also likes beds with good firm support so she doesn't lose rhythm and doesn't like creaky beds. ;)

I recall Barko mentioned Grand Millenium's King bed with special mirrors (and I have been there during wotif secret deals) but just checking if there is a 4 star alternative assuming GM has no super special prices.

Barko
05-25-10, 05:39
I am looking for a good 4 star Hotel preferrably in Sukhumwit with good bedside mirrors for watching our own action.

This is the GF's request believe it or not. :D (she is a hotty!)

She also likes beds with good firm support so she doesn't lose rhythm and doesn't like creaky beds. ;)

I recall Barko mentioned Grand Millenium's King bed with special mirrors (and I have been there during wotif secret deals) but just checking if there is a 4 star alternative assuming GM has no super special prices.Hmm, you don't ask for much. Don't smack me around for trying. :D

There is the one bedroom executive suite at the Marriott Sathorn Vista. Pricey, yes, but in many of the bedrooms there is a big wide mirror over the desk facing directly toward the bed. And, in others, there is a full figure mirror next to the bathroom facing the bed. Now, you want to talk best beds in town? This definitely is one of them.

Personally, I like the mirrors facing the desk in the living room at the Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri suites. Get your hottie on top of that big desk then press 'record' on the video camera. Heh.

While not 4 star by any means, you may want to try the "On8" at Nana BTS, it's right next to the 'up' escalator on the Soi 8 side. A 3. 5 star, but a lot better than what you may surmise at first glance. (Better than the Citadines IMHO) Get the "Saffron Premiere" room on the back side of the hotel. Large 'floor to ceiling' mirror facing the bed, and it's very quiet. No pool, and the breakfast is very basic, not sure how important those are to you. But, the price is less than 2000 Baht per night on both Wotif and Agoda. (Agoda is 100 Baht cheaper right at this moment.) I take my Aviva massage babies there. You'll see why when you look around a bit. Beds aren't bad at all really. Give it a try for a night, the mirror is right in your face, the beds don't sing, and the location is definitely hard to beat.

Will try to come up with something better soon, lots of new Suk area hotels out there right now.

Best, B.

M P Lurker
05-26-10, 06:51
Hmm, you don't ask for much. Don't smack me around for trying. :D

There is the one bedroom executive suite at the Marriott Sathorn Vista. Pricey, yes, but in many of the bedrooms there is a big wide mirror over the desk facing directly toward the bed. And, in others, there is a full figure mirror next to the bathroom facing the bed. Now, you want to talk best beds in town? This definitely is one of them.

Personally, I like the mirrors facing the desk in the living room at the Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri suites. Get your hottie on top of that big desk then press 'record' on the video camera. Heh.

While not 4 star by any means, you may want to try the "On8" at Nana BTS, it's right next to the 'up' escalator on the Soi 8 side. A 3. 5 star, but a lot better than what you may surmise at first glance. (Better than the Citadines IMHO) Get the "Saffron Premiere" room on the back side of the hotel. Large 'floor to ceiling' mirror facing the bed, and it's very quiet. No pool, and the breakfast is very basic, not sure how important those are to you. But, the price is less than 2000 Baht per night on both Wotif and Agoda. (Agoda is 100 Baht cheaper right at this moment.) I take my Aviva massage babies there. You'll see why when you look around a bit. Beds aren't bad at all really. Give it a try for a night, the mirror is right in your face, the beds don't sing, and the location is definitely hard to beat.

Will try to come up with something better soon, lots of new Suk area hotels out there right now.

Best, B.
The Marriot sounds more expensive than the GM, and I am not so keen on Sathorn location during the coming period. Don't think the GF will like that Sathorn location either.

However the On8 sounds like a good option to consider.
She can't swim and is afraid of water, so 'no pool', 'no problem'. Thanks very much. Of course I'll take Grand Millenium if they have any cheap specials, before heading off to Krabi.

If anyone has any good recommendations for Krabi 'honeymoon' suites with 'romantic' views of a classy standard (but I am in the wrong thread, I guess). She is the romantic one, I have to fake it a little ;)
For my last trip to Krabi the room was a little bit too down market.

Pistolpete76
05-26-10, 15:27
I am travelling to Bangkok for the first time and I need your advise for a good hotel.

Hotel requirements:

- 4 or 5 star
- swimming pool
- near to nightlife
- girl friendly

I already discovered this hotel:

Grand President
Grand Millenium
Phachara Suites

What do think about this hotels?

Fast Eddie 48
05-27-10, 01:17
I am travelling to Bangkok for the first time and I need your advise for a good hotel.

Hotel requirements:

- 4 or 5 star
- swimming pool
- near to nightlife
- girl friendly

Grand President
Grand Millenium
Phachara SuitesPistolpete 76,

Another newbie question you need to do some RTFF, all the question is here is you do some reading.

Fast Eddie 48

Barko
05-27-10, 20:21
The Marriot sounds more expensive than the GM, and I am not so keen on Sathorn location during the coming period. Don't think the GF will like that Sathorn location either.

However the On8 sounds like a good option to consider.

She can't swim and is afraid of water, so 'no pool', 'no problem'. Thanks very much. Of course I'll take Grand Millenium if they have any cheap specials, before heading off to Krabi.

If anyone has any good recommendations for Krabi 'honeymoon' suites with 'romantic' views of a classy standard (but I am in the wrong thread, I guess). She is the romantic one, I have to fake it a little.

For my last trip to Krabi the room was a little bit too down market.It's pretty easy to get ripped off in Krabi, and it's a shame that your baby is afraid of water. Teach her how to swim, it's fun, and very sexy. For your perusal, a new place in Ao Nang, utterly fantastic. Stayed there for a week last month, the bungalows on the pool are so cool I can't even tell you. My little sweetie didn't even want to leave the place for anything. Anyway, you might want to take a look at it just for giggles (and before it's so booked up it's impossible to stay there.) Yes, it really is that good:

http://www.Agoda.com/asia/Thailand/krabi/aonang_orchid_resort.html

BTW, the pool and the center island are much larger than the pics would have you believe.

Oh, for the mirror room in BKK thing, I just found a place, check your PM.

Bkk212
05-28-10, 02:55
Currently staying at the Aspen Suites.

It's on Suk Soi 2 good hotel, clean rooms, clean sheets, big rooms, clsoe to action. Big screen TV in rooms limited English channels.

Small gym and pool.

Overall good hotel to stay a short time. Not to many frills as the 5* hotels.

Jgm005
05-28-10, 04:16
Hey, we all want to know. Oh OK, I do! :-)

ISnipped

Oh, for the mirror room in BKK thing, I just found a place, check your PM.

Alexboy
05-28-10, 17:45
Any bro can decode what this wot hotel is?

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75374

1000baht is a good deal for a 4 star hotel if it is gf :).

Barko
05-29-10, 04:51
Any bro can decode what this wot hotel is?

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75374

1000baht is a good deal for a 4 star hotel if it is gf :).Hotel Solo

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W73288&page=1&viewType=all

100% GF. We will expect a report. ;)

Takamine1
05-29-10, 09:26
Dear newbies (and others),
This website may help you make the right choices re hotels. It covers all the major cities in Thailand and I found it very helpful especially in places like Ubon, Ao Nang and Krabi.

http://www.hotelsguidethailand.com/home/home.php?l=en

Enjoy and tell me what you think
Taka

Alexboy
05-30-10, 09:18
Hotel Solo

100% GF. We will expect a report. ;)Sure will do!, when I go there at end of next month. Hotel doesn't look 4 star thou, on their website.

Taube
05-30-10, 20:43
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 Bangkok. Should be their website:

http://www.solohotelsresorts.com/

Washburn
06-01-10, 21:24

Hotel requirements:

- 4 or 5 star
- swimming pool
- near to nightlife
- girl friendly

Grand President
Grand Millenium
Phachara Suites

What do think about this hotels?

Grand Millenium is the pick of this litter. Close to Soi Cowboy and near Asoke Skytrain and MRT. It's a 5 star hotel and you should be able to book it for a good rate right now.

Bounce Around
06-02-10, 10:51
At 1799 wot deal I am set to book this 11-15th. The other options were to be up suk. Last time was in Furama and was completely unimpressed. LL is an option too that I am considering. What do you guys think?

Barko
06-02-10, 19:04
If anyone is looking for a really good hotel room near Soi Cowboy and the BTS (5 minute walk at most,) with a great pool, decent breakfast, and a very light clean modern atmosphere. You'd be hard pressed to beat the Wotif deal right now at the "Admiral Premiere" just off Sukhumvit Soi 23.

Three nights, "Premiere Studio", ฿5324.00 total. That's ฿1774 per night:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W56697&page=1&viewType=all

Look for the "Premier Studio-Stay3 Pay2" link on that page.

This place is a no brainer, you don't need to knock yourself out looking for a hotel room with everything you need. Very quiet, it's on a nice side street, but has plenty of outstanding additional support around there in less than a minute's walk. Restaurants, bakeries, good massage joints, etc.

A big tip of the hat here to M P Lurker, as he was the first one to discover it and point us in the direction of this place. He liked it a lot, I do too, and at this price right now you could do a LOT worse!

Take a look. ;)

Ken Orvik
06-02-10, 23:34
I booked my stay in august at the Omni Tower in Sukhumvit soi 4.

They offer great rates nowdays I think.
Long time since I stayed there, but now I got 1590thb a night for a 55 sqm apartment with separate bedroom, livingroom and small kitchen.

Nice place and nice location. Not far to walk to Nana, but they offer a free Tuk tuk shuttle if you not want to walk.
I booked from their own website:

http://www.omnibangkok.com/

skywolf008
06-03-10, 18:12
I booked my stay in August at the Omni Tower in Sukhumvit soi 4.

They offer great rates nowdays I think.

Long time since I stayed there, but now I got 1590thb a night for a 55 sqm apartment with separate bedroom, livingroom and small kitchen.

Nice place and nice location. Not far to walk to Nana, but they offer a free Tuk tuk shuttle if you not want to walk.

I booked from their own website:

http://www.Omnibangkok.com/Have you added in the boardband connection at 500 baht/day?

Rambis Youth
06-05-10, 16:10
Can anyone advise if the Premier Studio has a separate shower or only shower over bath?

M P Lurker
06-05-10, 18:12
Can anyone advise if the Premier Studio has a separate shower or only shower over bath?
I believe the shower was separate from tub and bathroom was a high standard. Hard to work out why it matters. Hopefully you won't be keeping dead bodies in the tub. :D

The only thing really wrong with Admiral Premier is the ISG website was blocked and breakfast selection limited. Otherwise its a fantastic deal at Wotif. I posted my ISG reports from a nearby pub, but there may be other ways to get around the block.

Rambis Youth
06-06-10, 03:39
Because it is my preference so it matters to me. End of story.

Thanks for the feedback.

Barko
06-06-10, 13:16
Can anyone advise if the Premier Studio has a separate shower or only shower over bath?Can only report on rooms I've personally stayed in:

Premier = shower over bath. Admiral Suite = separate tub & shower.

Rooms might not all be the same and YMMV. ;)

Barko
06-06-10, 13:30
The only thing really wrong with Admiral Premier is the ISG website was blocked and breakfast selection limited. Otherwise its a fantastic deal at Wotif. I posted my ISG reports from a nearby pub, but there may be other ways to get around the block.Yep, use your Nokia / Sony Ericsson / Motorola / iPhone / HTC phone etc. to connect to the Internet, then tether or bluetooth to your laptop. Cheap and effective.

I didn't think the breakfast was THAT bad! Heh. ;)

BionicMan
06-06-10, 15:54
I believe the shower was separate from tub and bathroom was a high standard. Hard to work out why it matters. Hopefully you won't be keeping dead bodies in the tub. :D.

He would be looking for a freezer then...

Mouse1
06-06-10, 19:02
I believe the shower was separate from tub and bathroom was a high standard. Hard to work out why it matters.Really? A walk-in shower rather than a crappy hose over a tub is one of my must-haves for a decent room. Certainly makes showering together much more fun (and possible).

M P Lurker
06-07-10, 03:44
Can only report on rooms I've personally stayed in:

Premier = shower over bath. Admiral Suite = separate tub & shower.

Rooms might not all be the same and YMMV. ;)
Looks like Barko's memory is better than mine, and I may have booked a suite if price was good.

I'm sure the standard was good in any case. A crap bathroom would have left a memory hopefully :confused:

Giotto
06-07-10, 06:18
Due to the political unrest special rates for Superior Rooms:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=1029392&postcount=20

Giotto

SE Asia Joe
06-07-10, 11:33

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=1029392&postcount=20

Giotto
GREAT!!!

At last..... at long last!!

How many years have I been beating you up on this Giotto??? To give a break to ISG members (MOI - of course!!) even if I just stay one or two days? Which is usually the case as I usually just need to stay in Bangkok a short period of time to do the Bangkok errands before I go down to phuket.

Your previous promotions wasn't of much use to me as I usually could not spare 3 nights in Bangkok. But now..... now that I can stay just overnight or a couple days and still get a discount.........!!!!

SEAJ

Barko
06-08-10, 09:45
It's back.

Wotif "Wot Hotel?" Grand Millennium Sukhumvit = 2700 Baht; 3300 w/brkfst. No free Internet.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

At check-in you might try for a nominal upgrade to the 'Grand Deluxe' or 'Executive Club' rooms. Both include what could be the best Internet of any hotel in SE Asia. In the past I've gotten Grand Deluxe upgrades (inc brkfst & I'net) for 300B, and Executive Club (all incl) for 1000B. As always, twinkle eyes and flash pearlies, the reception girls are real cute, just turn on the charm. (YMMV)

Hurry. ;)

If the secret 'Wot Hotel' deal does not have your Grand Millennium dates available, Wotif also has an exceptionally good value on the GM's upscale / overpriced rooms with the "Recovery Plan" promotion:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50419&page=1&viewType=all

More later. Best, B.

Mouse1
06-09-10, 06:07
Hotel Solo

100% GF. We will expect a report. ;)
Sure will do!, when I go there at end of next month. Hotel doesn't look 4 star thou, on their website.
I stayed here during my recent stay in BKK, and have just booked again for next week through the Wotif secret deal at 1000Bht.

I thought the hotel was superb, and for that price cannot be faulted. I don't know what star rating it is, but it has more the feel of a boutique hotel or serviced apartment. Similar to Citadines or Adelphi Suites (but no cooking facilities).

The room was spacious, modern, clean and well-equipped. Well-stocked minibar, 'real' coffee-making facility. Large, comfortable bed. Very large walk-in shower room, glazed to the bedroom. Separate wc. Large flat-screen TV over good-sized desk, with DVD player and connectivity for USB and optical cables. (I couldn't seem to get many channels on the TV, but that may have been my fault - I didn't really try). Breakfast was extra, so I only ate there once, and it was fine. The downstairs dining area is the reception, in a very high-ceilinged room. Very pleasant layout, with additional seating outside.

There is a pool on the roof - not huge but large enough to get a few strokes (10m?), with a comfortable rooftop bar on the next level up.

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful (and a couple of young ladies particularly sweet). Girl-friendly, and they weren't fazed by my bringing 2 girls back one night. In fact, for the first time ever, when the desk-lady very sweetly said 'enjoy yourself', I was actually embarrassed :)

The drawback is the distance to the Sukh, but there is a free tuc-tuc service from the hotel, and for the return I was quite happy to walk if alone or get a cab for 40Bht if accompanied. I usually got them to drop me off on the corner by Annie's so I could stroll past and say hi to the girls, then wander down Soi 4.

Anyway, it's a new hotel so the price will go up over the next few months, but for 1000Bht I think it is tremendous value.

Barko
06-09-10, 08:18
Anyway, it's a new hotel so the price will go up over the next few months, but for 1000Bht I think it is tremendous value.It does sound great.

Few questions: Thai girls need butt sprayers (me too, I hate toilet paper) they got them? In the room pics it looks like there are multimedia LCD TV connectors available right on the desk (HDMI, etc.) true? How is the neighborhood, any good places to eat nearby? Is that area quiet, how's the street noise?

The place does sound very very tempting. Thanks for the info Mouse1, much appreciated..

Nice report.

Bounce Around
06-09-10, 10:53

Giotto

http://www.livingstones.co.thtoo bad i didn't see this before i booked up for the Admiral premiere (11-15)... no matter will stop in for bite to eat.

Can anyone tell me if any money exchange will be open around 21:00 around soi 23 (i think they all close at around 6)? Arriving 19:00 at the airport with only 1000bht on me, will get me to the hotel, but not through the night ;)

Barko
06-10-10, 03:27
too bad i didn't see this before i booked up for the Admiral premiere (11-15)... no matter will stop in for bite to eat.

Can anyone tell me if any money exchange will be open around 21:00 around soi 23 (i think they all close at around 6)? Arriving 19:00 at the airport with only 1000bht on me, will get me to the hotel, but not through the night ;)Change money at airport. :D

Mouse1
06-10-10, 06:44
It does sound great.

Few questions: Thai girls need butt sprayers (me too, I hate toilet paper) they got them? In the room pics it looks like there are multimedia LCD TV connectors available right on the desk (HDMI, etc.) true? How is the neighborhood, any good places to eat nearby? Is that area quiet, how's the street noise?

The place does sound very very tempting. Thanks for the info Mouse1, much appreciated..

Nice report.To answer your questions:

1 Butt sprayer: They do have them. I had a quick try and was astonished by the pressure. I could have cleaned my patio with it!

2 There are USB and HDMI sockets (I was struggling to remember the name when I said optical) in the desktop. There are also various connectors dangling from the back of the TV (but hidden). I didn't experiment but presumably you could play videos off your computer, etc.

3 There are no places to eat nearby, although there are some street vendors up from Annie's. If you've walked that far though there are of course plenty of places to eat around there.

4 It's some way down Soi 2 so it is very quiet, and there is no noise in the rooms. On the rooftop bar you can however hear the roar of the expressway nearby (but not too intrusive).

5 One day I timed my walk and it was 4 minutes from the hotel to Annie's and a further 2 minutes to the end of the Soi. I didn't get the hotel tuc-tuc that day as I was going for a run around Lumpini Park, which was a 25 minute walk away (although barely a few hundred metres as the crow flies).

Barko
06-10-10, 11:15
One day I timed my walk and it was 4 minutes from the hotel to Annie's and a further 2 minutes to the end of the Soi. It's a nice hotel then, and new to boot, for 1000B? And, it sounds like it's about a 5 minute walk to NEP? Very cool.

Many thanks for the info Mouse1.

Barko
06-10-10, 12:45
The "5 star" Dream Hotel Sukhumvit has now dropped its Wotif secret "Wot Hotel?" rate:

Previously, the secret deal was listed @ 2300 Baht. Today it's down to 1900 Baht. Free Internet.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W64090&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Compare to Dream Hotel Standard Wotif room rate: 3100 Baht:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W44168&page=1&viewType=all

Agoda discount rate = 2,900 Baht including taxes. 5 Star? Hmm, let's give it maybe a 4.

Good location, small room but good beds, decent price.

Stay away from the mini-bar! ;)

1Ball
06-10-10, 14:51
It does sound great.

Few questions: Thai girls need butt sprayers (me too, I hate toilet paper)
Hilarious. I have butt sprayers in all my bathrooms at my house in USA. guests come out and ask sheepishly ..........what is that.
TP? disgusting. All you end up doing is spreading shit around.........literally.

Daddy07
06-10-10, 16:53
Hilarious. I have butt sprayers in all my bathrooms at my house in USA. guests come out and ask sheepishly ..........what is that.
TP? disgusting. All you end up doing is spreading shit around.........literally.
Yeah, but don't you have to dry your butt off after spraying it with a butt washer?

What do you dry it with ... toilet paper, right?

Member #4351
06-10-10, 17:27
Not necessarily, here is what I have (air fluffs your butt): http://www.biobidet.com/BB1000_SupremeBidet.htm

David 2
06-10-10, 19:25
Yeah, but don't you have to dry your butt off after spraying it with a butt washer?

Here's what I use....Works great.

1Ball
06-10-10, 23:57

I have a good aim, even if navigating blind ;). no need to dry after, just pull up the jeans, a minute later, I am dry and good as new.

Barko
06-11-10, 03:15
I have a good aim, even if navigating blind ;). no need to dry after, just pull up the jeans, a minute later, I am dry and good as new.Ditto. Heh. Just a quick but precise blast from the past, (and a good soapy wash of the hands) then off and running.

TP? Why?

Next up: Star ratings for hotel butt sprayers. :D

Mouse1
06-11-10, 06:56
The "5 star" Dream Hotel Sukhumvit has now dropped its Wotif secret "Wot Hotel?" rate:

Previously, the secret deal was listed @ 2300 Baht. Today it's down to 1900 Baht. Free Internet.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W64090&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Compare to Dream Hotel Standard Wotif room rate: 3100 Baht:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W44168&page=1&viewType=all

Agoda discount rate = 2,900 Baht including taxes. 5 Star? Hmm, let's give it maybe a 4.

Good location, small room but good beds, decent price.

Stay away from the mini-bar! ;)I can recommend the Dream Hotel (as the type of modern clean boutique hotel that I prefer), but it is over-priced at the standard or even discount rate (compared to say Citadines). At the Secret Deal rate it sounds about right / good value.

Mouse1
06-11-10, 06:57
I have a good aim, even if navigating blind ;). no need to dry after, just pull up the jeans, a minute later, I am dry and good as new.Dear god, guys, too much information! Can we go back to discussing hotels? Please? :)

1Ball
06-11-10, 10:27
Dear god, guys, too much information! Can we go back to discussing hotels? Please? :)
Mouse, first thing I look for is a butt sprayer when I check into a hotel in Asia. In europe, I don't even bother, though the french do have bidets.

:D

Ny Desiman
06-14-10, 22:43
I should be there next week. I would spend few days with a nice girl I met last time I was there. She is working there and is from philipines.

I wanted to save save somw dough on the hotel cost. Is it ok to book any hotel now that I have someone who will be with me the whole time? Do I need to put her name down when I book for hotel or she can just be with me at the time of check-in?

Also, I was thinking on Imm Fushion hotel. Looks like a cheap one. Anybody stayed there lately?

Mouse1
06-16-10, 05:59
I should be there next week. I would spend few days with a nice girl I met last time I was there. She is working there and is from philipines.

I wanted to save save somw dough on the hotel cost. Is it ok to book any hotel now that I have someone who will be with me the whole time? Do I need to put her name down when I book for hotel or she can just be with me at the time of check-in?

Also, I was thinking on Imm Fushion hotel. Looks like a cheap one. Anybody stayed there lately?Book for 2 people, and then no problem. She doesn't need to be there at check-in. Same as any person you were staying with (wife, gf, mother, etc).

Casparza
06-18-10, 08:51
Hi guys,

I'm searching 3 bedroom luxury suite (w/jacuzzi) for my friends. Hotel preferred but service aparetments are ok too.

Alternative : 3 suite (w/jacuzzi) connected rooms.

Sukumvit area is prefered.

I checked most luxury hotel, they dont have this kind of room.

Budget is around 300USD/nightly for 3bedroom room.

100USD/nightly for suite.

Can anyone suggest a place like that ?

Thank you.

Lobbo
06-18-10, 15:02
Planning to spend a week in Bangkok. Have any of you info on that hotel? Is it GF. I know the location is good cos I used to be a patron of Dynasty Inn Grange, which is sort of opposite.

Thanks in advance.

Cadjan
06-19-10, 13:28
Stayed a couple of nights not long after it opened, more an apartment than a hotel (no room service, no minibar). Rooms are OK, bed is very good, pool is good, breakfast good, staff are excellent.

Unfortunately GF I can't tell you, I checked in with mine but security is tight, she got asked for ID when going to the room alone, and the security guard chased me down when the guy came to pick up the rental car, wanting his ID, at about 10 in the morning, I kind of wonder what he thought I was up to with a girl in the room and a dude getting into the lift with me. Email them and check.

Planning to spend a week in Bangkok. Have any of you info on that hotel? Is it GF. I know the location is good cos I used to be a patron of Dynasty Inn Grange, which is sort of opposite.

Thanks in advance.

Bkk Men
06-21-10, 05:57
Anybody stay at Jasmine Suite before? It that gal friendly?

I know it really near to soi cowboy.

Planning to stay there next month!

Fon Tok
06-21-10, 07:15
Anybody stay at Jasmine Suite before? It that gal friendly?

I know it really near to soi cowboy.

Planning to stay there next month!Definitely girl friendly. Me and a mate had a Christmas party there with four Suzie Wong go-go girls. It's about a two minute walk from Soi Cowboy. We just walked in with the girls on the ground floor and took the elevator up to our room. The front desk is on another floor.

Zauberfee
06-21-10, 16:03
Hi guys,

I'm searching 3 bedroom luxury suite (w/jacuzzi) for my friends. Hotel preferred but service aparetments are ok too.

Thank you.

Just take a look here: ThaiHotelDeals (http://www.thaihoteldeals.com/search-hotels-resorts?keyword=&destination=Bangkok&location=&roomtype=3+Bedroom&minprice=&maxprice=&currency=THB&sort=P)

Bkk Men
06-22-10, 08:50
Hi guys,

Thank you.You also can contact TIM, a friendly guy located in Thailand and personal touch for hotel reservation.

thaihotelonline.net

flymetravelhotels@gmail.com

DG69
06-22-10, 17:24
tried the search function, but didn't found much info about the westin Grande, just an assumption from a member called Pita1234, who said the Hotel is blind eyed gf.
Can someone confirm, or recommend the Westin in lower Sukhumvit? I will stay there soon, for a business trip. Company has booked me to this Hotel.

Zauberfee
06-22-10, 18:49
Can someone confirm, or recommend the Westin in lower Sukhumvit?

I can confirm that it's definately girl friendly and can recommend it as well.

I'm just a gold member wich got me an upgrade to a nice corner room, platinum should get you a suite upgrade or at least an upgrade to an executive room including lounge access.

The only weak spot in that hotel is the breakfast, it lacks both quantity and variety at least if you compare it to the breakfast at SGS, Plaza Athenée or Le Meridien

DG69
06-22-10, 19:21
I can confirm that it's definately girl friendly and can recommend it as well.

I'm just a gold member wich got me an upgrade to a nice corner room, platinum should get you a suite upgrade or at least an upgrade to an executive room including lounge access.

The only week spot in that hotel is the breakfast, it lacks both quantity and variety at least if you compare it to the breakfast at SGS, Plaza Athenée or Le Meridien

That's very good. So, the business trip, will have happy endings.... ;)

Casparza
06-24-10, 08:40
You also can contact TIM, a friendly guy located in Thailand and personal touch for hotel reservation.

thaihotelonline.net

flymetravelhotels@gmail.comThank you, I'll contack with him..

BY the way, thank you Zauberfee.

I'm cheking you link too.

Member #2453
06-26-10, 10:32
I will be in BKK July last, stayed at MADUZI the last time, (WOTIF hot deal) now the rates have gone up to 4000Bh. So planing to change to Landmark, Suk Rd. Is landmark Girl Friendly?

Allover
06-28-10, 07:00
Hi guys,

Thank you.

I'm not sure about the jaccuzi but Grand President has a 3 bedroom suite. Also Emporium Suites has 3 bedroom suites. Grand president is nice, Emporium is very luxurious.

Redfield10
06-28-10, 07:14
Of course it's GFriendly, but it's getting sort of run down and not worth the price in my opinion, but, again, it's just my opinion.

I will be in BKK July last, stayed at MADUZI the last time, (WOTIF hot deal) now the rates have gone up to 4000Bh. So planing to change to Landmark, Suk Rd. Is landmark Girl Friendly?

Barko
06-28-10, 13:49
tried the search function, but didn't found much info about the westin Grande, just an assumption from a member called Pita1234, who said the Hotel is blind eyed gf.

Can someone confirm, or recommend the Westin in lower Sukhumvit? I will stay there soon, for a business trip.company has booked me to this Hotel.Blind eye GF, make sure your cutie has her ID just in case.

A lot of construction happening next door right now, you should request a room on the quiet side. The place is overpriced for what you get, don't worry the rooms are OK but a bit on the 'used but not abused' side. The Internet is around 600 Baht a day, and the breakfast is not at all comparable with the Sheraton across the street. However, as long as the company is paying for everything, don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

Barko
06-29-10, 03:31
I will be in BKK July last, stayed at MADUZI the last time, (WOTIF hot deal) now the rates have gone up to 4000Bh. So planing to change to Landmark, Suk Rd. Is landmark Girl Friendly?Landmark is 100% GF. As always, make sure that your sweet little baby has her ID just in case.

Regarding Ma Du Zi, if you contact them directly they can set you up with a standard corporate rate of 3500 Baht (or a lot less.) It's very easy, just flip flop their email form. Much much better deal than Landmark IMHO.

Keep in mind that there are some good deals in the same area right now. The Wotif "Wot Hotel" secret deal for the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit (Asoke) is now 2500 Baht:

Have fun!

Max34
07-02-10, 12:28
Does somebody have hotel name of 4 and 5 stars hot deal?

(except Landmark of course)

Thanks

Cuba Tourist
07-02-10, 16:40
"Grand Millennium Sukhumvit (Asoke) is now 2500 Baht"

I thought 5 star hotels in Bangkok are not girl-friendly. Am I wrong?

Member #2041
07-02-10, 17:20
"Grand Millennium Sukhumvit (Asoke) is now 2500 Baht"

I thought 5 star hotels in Bangkok are not girl-friendly. Am I wrong?
Yes, you're wrong. I've never been at a 5* hotel in BKK that was not girl-friendly. The problem is with many 3* and 4* hotels that do a lot of business with tour groups, not the 5* hotels - who invariably cater to the desires of their paying clientele.

M P Lurker
07-03-10, 06:29
Keep in mind that there are some good deals in the same area right now. The Wotif "Wot Hotel" secret deal for the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit (Asoke) is now 2500 Baht:

Have fun!Bear in mind that this deal at 2500 doesn't include breakfast and wifi is not complimentary.

But its still a good deal. I recently stayed here with b/fast and wifi as I remebered the wonderful bed (like sleeping on a cloud and no squeaking) and since Barko had reminded me about the giant mirror to the side of the bed. My girl requested special mirroring, would you believe? She likes to have good visuals during the action.

Cute Mumbai Guy
07-04-10, 10:01
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend some good short time hotels near Nana plaza where I can take the girl for a couple of hours.

Thanks,

CMG

Katarakt
07-04-10, 14:13
Landmark is 100% GF. As always, make sure that your sweet little baby has her ID just in case.I wish someone who stayed there very recently could confirm that the Landmark is still GF. Last time I stayed there (in March) I booked a room for two guests (as I always do). Upon check-in staff questioned me very persistently about my possible accompaniment - if she were Thai (sure), if I knew her name (sure, but only her Nickname ;-)) and when I expected her to join me. Also, in a german hotel forum someone mentioned that all the staff at the Landmark had a form ready to sign for him whenever he brought a girl; charge was 1500 Baht for an additional guest. At first I thought this guy made the mistake of not booking a room for two guests, but my own experience at the Landmark made me wonder.

Alas, I only stayed there for two nights in March and did not bring any guest, so I have no idea what would have happened if I did.

It would be a pity if the Landmark was not GF any more because the condition of hotel might not be that fab any more, but the location is simply perfect, even better than the Marriott.

Pita123
07-04-10, 21:59
The only weak spot in that hotel is the breakfast, it lacks both quantity and variety at least if you compare it to the breakfast at SGS, Plaza Athenée or Le Meridien

True, the breakfast can't compare. But if you are Plat there is a meager breakfast in the lounge for free.

Fpgc11
07-05-10, 13:41
True, the breakfast can't compare. But if you are Plat there is a meager breakfast in the lounge for free.The breakfast at GP Suk Soi 11 is fantastic & is GF too.

Garoto
07-07-10, 17:25
Planning to spend a week in Bangkok. Have any of you info on that hotel SOLO 2 soi 2 Sukhumvit? Is it GF?. Is it a no noise and safe area?

Thank you in advance

ImaRonin
07-08-10, 01:44
Bear in mind that this deal at 2500 doesn't include breakfast and wifi is not complimentary.

But its still a good deal. I recently stayed here with b/fast and wifi as I remebered the wonderful bed (like sleeping on a cloud and no squeaking) and since Barko had reminded me about the giant mirror to the side of the bed. My girl requested special mirroring, would you believe? She likes to have good visuals during the action.I have posted previously about this hotel and second that this place is a good deal. Quiet rooms and very nice beds, as MPL stated. I ended up using the hotel site for my reservation and lined up the breakfast. Cost a bit more, but my reservation went smooth, no problems.

Soggy Wanderer
07-12-10, 09:38
Planning to spend a week in Bangkok. Have any of you info on that hotel SOLO 2 soi 2 Sukhumvit? Is it GF?. Is it a no noise and safe area?

Thank you in advanceI am writing this from my room on the 8th floor.

I was already planning on giving a high recommendation to SOLO. The location is about as good as it gets, literally a 5 minute walk from Annie's and Nana, and it's a really nice place. The rooms are all very new looking and nicely furninshed, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms have new LCD TVs and cable, (not too many channels but I doubt you'll spend much time watching TV) and the wifi is fast and with good signal. Bathrooms are clean and new, and have a really nice, large ceiling-mounted showerhead. I am paying 1, 500 baht/night currently and I am planning to extend my stay for a few nights. The only complaint I have is that there are some tiny red ants that occasionally wander into my bed and bite, but I personally do not really care that much (of all the bugs that could be in your sheets in this neighborhood, ants really aren't so bad.).

I have only brought one girl back so far, but there was no hassle and the staff did a good job of getting us through the lobby quickly without attracting a lot of attention. I don't think I was charged a joiner fee but I haven't checked the bill yet so I will report back later-they didn't mention anything at the time. The only thing that could be a problem for some is that it isn't strictly a punter hotel (although I have seen a few others in the lobby that I suspect are probably fellow ISG members), so there are occasionally families hanging around in the lobby during the evening. In my case it was about 11:00PM, so besides a few couples that probably got a good laugh out of it I didn't feel like anyone was really paying attention, but YMMV.

Overall, I am VERY happy with my experience here, especially considering the low price (just down the street from the westin which is easily twice as expensive if not much more). A+ rating from me.

The Soggy Wanderer

Soggy Wanderer
07-13-10, 01:27
just down the street from the westin which is easily twice as expensive if not much more)Sorry, it's actually the JW Marriot. Didn't want to confuse anyone.

SW

Soggy Wanderer
07-13-10, 07:11
The only complaint I have is that there are some tiny red ants that occasionally wander into my bedI mentioned the ants to the front desk and they upgraded me to a deluxe room for free.

Another good mark!

Rikkit2
07-14-10, 02:53
Is Furama Xclusiv Asoke, in the Sukhumvit district. Good for Soi Cowboy, meh for NEP. I made the booking tonight for the 2nd week of August. The price is very competitive, and the hotel is (supposedly) GF. This deal includes both breakfast (nice, but not necessary), and wideband internet access, which can get expensive as an additional charge in BKK.

There do not appear to be any equivalent deals in Pattaya. Too bad.

NicFrenchy
07-14-10, 08:49
I found this list with Girl Friendly Hotels and the others....

Hotels In Bangkok

Amari Boulevard
No Charge
Dusit Thani
No charge
Amari Atrium
1000 B
Ambassador Hotel
600B
Holiday Inn
1000 B
Amari Watergate
1000 B
City loge
No Charge
Sofitel Hotel
1000 B
A-One
1000 B
Dynasty Inn
No Charge
Asia Hotel
1000 B
Euro Inn
No Charge
Baiyoke Suite
1000 B
Grace Hotel
No Charge
Bangkok Place
1000 B
Grand President
No Charge
Emerald Hotel
1000 B
Century Park
1000 B
Honey Hotel
No Charge
The Travellers Hotel
No charge
Eastin Bangkok
1000 B
Imperial Queen Park
No Charge
Chao Phraya Park
No charge
Europa Inn
1000 B
JW Marriott
No Charge
First Hotel
1000 B
Landmark Bangkok
1000B
Four Seasons
1000 B
Nana Hotel
No Charge
Grand Diamond
1000 B
President Park
No Charge
Pathumwan Princess
1000 B
Rex Hotel
No Charge
Siam city
1000 B
Swiss Park Hotel
No Charge
Four Season Hotel
300 B

The Pro
07-15-10, 05:35
On wotif.com under The Key Hotel (Soi 19) they have "Flaming Deal" of 1000 Baht per night with free internet.

Located right behind Westin/Robinson (near to Sacha Hotel Uno which is across the road).

Mouse1
07-15-10, 21:07
Is Furama Xclusiv Asoke, in the Sukhumvit district. Good for Soi Cowboy, meh for NEP. I made the booking tonight for the 2nd week of August. The price is very competitive, and the hotel is (supposedly) GF. This deal includes both breakfast (nice, but not necessary), and wideband internet access, which can get expensive as an additional charge in BKK.

There do not appear to be any equivalent deals in Pattaya. Too bad.Hotel is GF.

Mouse1
07-15-10, 21:12
I am writing this from my room on the 8th floor.

I was already planning on giving a high recommendation to SOLO. The location is about as good as it gets, literally a 5 minute walk from Annie's and Nana, and it's a really nice place. The rooms are all very new looking and nicely furninshed, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms have new LCD TVs and cable, (not too many channels but I doubt you'll spend much time watching TV) and the wifi is fast and with good signal. Bathrooms are clean and new, and have a really nice, large ceiling-mounted showerhead. I am paying 1, 500 baht/night currently and I am planning to extend my stay for a few nights. The only complaint I have is that there are some tiny red ants that occasionally wander into my bed and bite, but I personally do not really care that much (of all the bugs that could be in your sheets in this neighborhood, ants really aren't so bad.).

I have only brought one girl back so far, but there was no hassle and the staff did a good job of getting us through the lobby quickly without attracting a lot of attention. I don't think I was charged a joiner fee but I haven't checked the bill yet so I will report back later-they didn't mention anything at the time. The only thing that could be a problem for some is that it isn't strictly a punter hotel (although I have seen a few others in the lobby that I suspect are probably fellow ISG members), so there are occasionally families hanging around in the lobby during the evening. In my case it was about 11:00PM, so besides a few couples that probably got a good laugh out of it I didn't feel like anyone was really paying attention, but YMMV.

Overall, I am VERY happy with my experience here, especially considering the low price (just down the street from the westin which is easily twice as expensive if not much more). A+ rating from me.

The Soggy WandererI raved about this place earlier:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1030265&postcount=1860

I paid 1000Bht on a wotif secret deal - superb value. There were both families and single / 'accompanied' males when I was there, but there was no embarrassment for me because I am shameless and revel in the glances... :)

Crypton
07-15-10, 22:21
I am writing this from my room on the 8th floor.

The Soggy Wanderer

Seems like a nice place. A good alternative to Majestic Suites, which is where I usually stay - that place is getting "well-used" and is in need of renovation. I like the shower stall in Solo!

Washburn
07-19-10, 17:25
On wotif.com under The Key Hotel (Soi 19) they have "Flaming Deal" of 1000 Baht per night with free internet.

Located right behind Westin/Robinson (near to Sacha Hotel Uno which is across the road).

The Key charges a joiner fee - I think it's 500 baht. I often stay at the Grottino right next door, and the Honey Hotel is just down the street. Very convenient to Cowboy and the Skytrain and MRT.

Ryo Saeba
07-20-10, 08:28
Found a (refundable) good deal a few days ago on booking.com for the Jasmine Executive Suites on soi 23: 2139 baht instead of 3295, which is the internet rate published on their website for the same period.

I personally contacted them about their girlfriendlyness, which they confirmed.
Will post my comments in due time.

Ryo

The Guy
07-20-10, 17:19
I'm trying to book a stay through wotif. Any way to tell if a 1000 baht hotel is Solo? I'm not very savvy on the site yet. Thanks.

Barko
07-21-10, 19:18
I raved about this place earlier:I outed it here for a newbie several months ago, and ended up staying there myself for one night soon after.

The first time there, I short timed a very nice Rainbow 1 Nana chick, and quickly reserved the room using Internet phone while we walked there at 1AM. (I am not a big fan of short-time hotels and this worked out great.)

The second time at the Solo, I stayed for three nights, got the Wotif secret 1000B deal online, then the lady mgr gave me a 1000 Baht per night upgrade to the "suite".

Yes, admittedly, I was happy at the time, the place worked out OK for a weekend of wild wickedness, but, I probably won't be going back.

IMHO, the place is good, but just "good". Many of the rooms reek of cigarettes, and others have a strong musky "Grace Hotel" type of BO smell (a real turnoff for most Thai chicks.) The only room to stay in, as far as I am concerned, is 801, same level as the pool. They call 801 a suite, but it really isn't. it's just a large bedroom with a big sofa. But, at least it doesn't smell.

If you are going short time, or if you are only in the room a few hours a day... that's OK. The secret deal price is right. But the heavy room smells are something they are definitely going to have to deal with, and Solo knows all about it.

Friar Tuck
07-25-10, 09:41
The Key charges a joiner fee - I think it's 500 baht. I often stay at the Grottino right next door, and the Honey Hotel is just down the street. Very convenient to Cowboy and the Skytrain and MRT.

I called in and asked at the desk re joiner fee - no fee.
Yet, the next day i had coffee with a friend staying there, he was charged a joiner fee two nights ago but not last night.

Seems someone working there is working a nice little skimming operation.

His joiner fee has since been refunded. :-)

Tuck

Barko
07-25-10, 15:49
I called in and asked at the desk re joiner fee. No fee.

Yet, the next day I had coffee with a friend staying there, he was charged a joiner fee two nights ago but not last night.

Seems someone working there is working a nice little skimming operation.

His joiner fee has since been refunded.

TuckRight.

A Dr. Friend stayed at the Key last year. On his first night (of a three night booking for two persons in the room,) the Doc brings one of his fave main squeezies back to the hotel. The ballsy front-desk night joker then proceeded to hit my friend with an 800 Baht joiner fee. The Doc went ballistic then packed his bags immediately. (He made a major fuckus ruckus on the way out of the place that night as well.)

Some days later, the management of the Key received a very nasty letter from the Dr. Well. Hell, you know TIT, the Key did squat.

The Key has a reputation for this bullshit.

Gaolei
07-29-10, 01:05
Anyone stayed in this hotel? I just got an add for it from Asia Rooms. They claim it is new and gave a lot of 4.5 to 5.0 reports for it. The price promo is around 1700 bt. Pictures look good, just not sure about the location. Soi 4 is hard to get to, but soi 2 is worse, I think.

Mr Jetsetter
07-29-10, 02:45
Anyone stayed in this hotel? I just got an add for it from Asia Rooms. They claim it is new and gave a lot of 4.5 to 5.0 reports for it. The price promo is around 1700 bt. Pictures look good, just not sure about the location. Soi 4 is hard to get to, but soi 2 is worse, I think.

Employ the "Search this Thread" function at the top right hand side of this page. A valuable tool...

Freddy5440
07-29-10, 05:15
I was in Bangkok in March and stopped at the Grand Sukumvit Hotel in Soi 6. Unfortunately the handbrake was well and truely applied during this visit so no P4P.

I now find myself passing through Bankok in November. My question is, during the first stay We spent some time having a drink at the front of a Hotel in Soi 4 which from memory was not too far up from NEP. This hotel had an area in front where you could sit and watch all the people traffic. There were no BGs. It was not an outside bar. I had to go inside and buy our drinks. There was also almost directly across the street a Beer bar that had quite a few BGs. It also had steps that you walked up and a little garden bed along the front. I thought at the time that if I ever came back it would not be a bad place to stay, not thinking that I would be back in 6 months. I have Looked at all the hotels in Soi 4 that I can find and the closest by looks is the Dawin but I don't think this is it as it was not as far up the street as the maps suggest.

Has anybody got an idea which hotel I am looking for?

Bigstud
07-29-10, 06:56
Anyone stayed in this hotel? I just got an add for it from Asia Rooms. They claim it is new and gave a lot of 4.5 to 5.0 reports for it. The price promo is around 1700 bt. Pictures look good, just not sure about the location. Soi 4 is hard to get to, but soi 2 is worse, I think.Scroll down three posts, and voila!

Friar Tuck
07-30-10, 11:32
I was in Bangkok in March and stopped at the Grand Sukumvit Hotel in Soi 6. Unfortunately the handbrake was well and truely applied during this visit so no P4P.

I now find myself passing through Bankok in November. My question is, during the first stay We spent some time having a drink at the front of a Hotel in Soi 4 which from memory was not too far up from NEP. This hotel had an area in front where you could sit and watch all the people traffic. There were no BGs. It was not an outside bar. I had to go inside and buy our drinks. There was also almost directly across the street a Beer bar that had quite a few BGs. It also had steps that you walked up and a little garden bed along the front. I thought at the time that if I ever came back it would not be a bad place to stay, not thinking that I would be back in 6 months. I have Looked at all the hotels in Soi 4 that I can find and the closest by looks is the Dawin but I don't think this is it as it was not as far up the street as the maps suggest.

Has anybody got an idea which hotel I am looking for?

think it is The Dynasty Inn

Freddy5440
08-02-10, 15:03
think it is The Dynasty InnI have done a lot of search and I think you are correct.The only photos I can find of the outside area are from the foyer looking out.

Thanks FT

Ozztraleearr
08-04-10, 04:30
I am trying out a new hotel this coming trip in August which I booked online.

If anyone has any experience staying in Star Suites serviced apartments on Sukh Soi 15 I would like to hear about it.

Cheers

Member #2000
08-06-10, 05:02
I am planning to stay at a serviced apt on Ratchada soi 7, it is right by the Thailand Cultural MRT. Would that be too far off from soi cowboy and nana?

Are the taxi's safe to take at 3am??

Barko
08-06-10, 14:16
I am planning to stay at a serviced apt on Ratchada soi 7, it is right by the Thailand Cultural MRT. Would that be too far off from soi cowboy and nana?

Are the taxi's safe to take at 3am??Hey welcome!

I think you are referring to the the Amanta, right? Great place, great location. The MRT (the subway 2 minutes away from your room) will get you down to Asoke (Sukhumvit, the location of Soi Cowboy) and it will only take about 6 minutes. Exit, go up main escalator and bear left, then left up escalator again. Soi Cowboy will be just around on your right as you go outside.

The MRT closes at midnite, so, as you have surmised, you WILL have to take a taxi at some point. Choose a newer model, the bright pink ones are normally very good, open the front passenger-side door with a nice Sawatdee Krup! And tell him the general area you are going, "Ratchada! " then ask "Meter? ", he will nod his head yes, and off you go. Leave a 15 Baht tip or something. Perfectly safe.

The Amanta is going to be very hard to find, in the middle of the night or otherwise, most taxies don't know it. So, when you check in, have the hotel give you a card, use it.

Now, to get to Nana, get off the MRT at Sukhumvit again, exit and go up the main escalator, bear right up the next escalator, then straight up the NEXT escalator to the BTS (Skytrain) station and go to Nana Station. Then walk to Soi 4, hang a left. Not far.

OK, most of the guys here use the public transport system religiously, and so will you. It's the basic drill to get anywhere in BKK. Having the MRT so close to your hotel is definitely a BIG plus, ask anybody!

Enjoy the Amanta, and don't worry about getting around. Follow these directions once and you will be able to do them in your sleep (forever.) It's that easy.

Taube
08-06-10, 15:54

Are the taxi's safe to take at 3am??For a walk it looks to be bit uncomfortable and I didnt walk there. I stayed at Sukhumvit soi4 (Nana street) and took a lot of times a Taxi in the night from the area between BTS station PloenChit-Nana-Asok. No problem. Only be prepared that some Taxi drivers dont want to switch on the taximeter! Than take the next one, or agree may be for 50 Baht. The taxameter started at 30 or 35 Baht.

Doc 50
08-08-10, 17:23
Just a warning. I stayed at this hotel recently. Got very sick. Bronchitis. The air cond. is central. Not individual unit in your room. The windows do not open.

The Wifi is available only in the lobby. This is not a first rate hotel. Any first rate hotel has Wifi in the room at a minimum.

The bellboy remembered me from years ago at Grand President. This place is owned by the same group.

Pool is a little too green in the water dept. for me.

Long long walk to Sukhumvit. The free tuk tuk only runs a few hours a day. 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening I believe.

Big room, with kitchen. But no real utensils more than a spoon.

Very poor hotel for the price.

Citadines is same price, more convenient, newer, with toaster, full utensils etc. Broadband in the room.

All Grand Pres. properties are sh** as far as I can see.

Fair warning

Doc

BionicMan
08-08-10, 21:00
Located @ 43/5 Rajdamri Road in Pathumwan: has anyone ever tried it or has some feedback on it? Wifi or LAN in rooms?
Seems ok from its webpage and a foreign girlfriend wants to meet me there.

Distantpeak
08-08-10, 22:59
Just a warning. I stayed at this hotel recently. Got very sick. Bronchitis. The air cond. is central. Not individual unit in your room. The windows do not open.

The Wifi is available only in the lobby. This is not a first rate hotel. Any first rate hotel has Wifi in the room at a minimum.

The bellboy remembered me from years ago at Grand President. This place is owned by the same group.

Pool is a little too green in the water dept. for me.

Long long walk to Sukhumvit. The free tuk tuk only runs a few hours a day. 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening I believe.

Big room, with kitchen. But no real utensils more than a spoon.

Very poor hotel for the price.

Citadines is same price, more convenient, newer, with toaster, full utensils etc. Broadband in the room.

All Grand Pres. properties are sh** as far as I can see.

Fair warning

DocI have stayed at the Aspen Suites a number of times and love the place. Stayed their 2 weeks once and didn't so much as cough!

As for saying it's a long walk to Sukhumvit Rd... how lazy are you? It's a 3 minute walk at most.

Mouse1
08-09-10, 18:12
IMHO, the place is good, but just "good". Many of the rooms reek of cigarettes, and others have a strong musky "Grace Hotel" type of BO smell (a real turnoff for most Thai chicks.) The only room to stay in, as far as I am concerned, is 801, same level as the pool. They call 801 a suite, but it really isn't. it's just a large bedroom with a big sofa. But, at least it doesn't smell.

If you are going short time, or if you are only in the room a few hours a day... that's OK. The secret deal price is right. But the heavy room smells are something they are definitely going to have to deal with, and Solo knows all about it.I stayed there on two occasions and had no problems with smell. Both rooms seemed very fresh and clean.

Mouse1
08-09-10, 18:18
I have stayed at the Aspen Suites a number of times and love the place. Stayed their 2 weeks once and didn't so much as cough!

As for saying it's a long walk to Sukhumvit Rd... how lazy are you? It's a 3 minute walk at most.500m by google maps. That's 4 minutes at a brisk walk, 5 -6 minutes as a stroll. But I agree with you about Aspen Suites - perfectly fine hotel.

Francesco24
08-10-10, 15:19
Could someone suggest me a Hotel where is possible to bring 2 girls to the room with no additional fees? (short time decent hotel is ok too).

So far, in my few tries at Nana Hotel I had to pay an extra charge.

Thanks anyway.

Goyave
08-10-10, 20:09
Could someone suggest me a Hotel where is possible to bring 2 girls to the room with no additional fees? (short time decent hotel is ok too)...

No problem (even with 3 girls) and no additional fees at the Honey Hotel (Sukhumvit Soi 19), for instance.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=803255
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=930938#post930938

Ed Jew
08-11-10, 10:27
First time to Thailand. I am interested in Mps massage and hj/fs. What does the usual cost go for and around my hotel. Masseuse can be old. My hotel is Bangkok Heritage in Silom. Chong Nonsri BTS station. Thanks all.

EJ

Fon Tok
08-13-10, 01:05
First time to Thailand. I am interested in Mps massage and hj/fs. What does the usual cost go for and around my hotel. Masseuse can be old. My hotel is Bangkok Heritage in Silom. Chong Nonsri BTS station. Thanks all.
EJIn the immediate area of your hotel the choices are none, but there are quite a few if you don't mind walking a little way, or taking a 35 baht taxi ride.

For special massage, you might try several shops close by on Silom Road. I have been to Happy Massage and Diamond Massage, which are close to the Narai Hotel, and Lisa Massage next to the Sofitel Silom Hotel. The girls there will treat you right (HJ, BJ and FS if you know how to work it). You can always ask first about a happy ending. When asked, don't tell them it's your first time in TH. If you do, the girls will ask for more baht. Cost: Oil Massage/shop 400-500; HJ: 500, BJ 1000, FS 1000+).

Other spots to consider are: Ben Ten Massage on Silom Soi 6 (pretty young girls); the New JC Infinity on a side street of Surawong Road (across from the Tawana Hotel); and the other Lisa Massage shop on Surawaong with friendly ladies. There are also some small lady clubs on Silom Soi 6 between Silom Rd and Surawong Rd that have women to go. I'd avoid the Patpong massage shops.

But you can find pretty bargirls in Patpong after 8 or 9pm if you look around a bit. Check out the Safari Bar for some nice women (barfine 700, ST 2000, LT 3000 -- but you might be able to haggle if you are good at it).

Other Patpong spots worth checking are the Cosmos Club, Crown Royal & freelancers late night at the Twilo Club. The bigger Patong go-go bars can be entertaining but the girls are not really worth it. Beware of ladyboys, but they're very easy to spot.

And of course, there is always the Star of Light for a BJ or whatever...you can take girls "to go" from here. There is a short time hotel right across from the Crown Royal Bar.

For dining, there is a good seafood retaurant called "Little Seafood" right next to your hotel on Naratiwas Rd. Great eats and cheap. Madrid Bar in Patpong has good food -- western and Thai. The seafood place that sets up at night in front of the SCB bank at Silom and Naratiwas is good, too (and cheap).

If you want to see the easy action, you can always hop on the BTS and go to the Nana Station (Soi 4, Soi 7 etc.) or Asoke Station (Soi Cowboy). Find a girl there, negotiate a ST or LT prices, and take a taxi back to the hotel (taxi about 70 baht). Just be sure to give the lady taxi fare along with her fee.

Or better yet, head up to Thong Lor Station and go to Tulip. My favorite girl Pond will screw your brains out any which way you want, however many times you want, for 1500 baht (+ the cost of the massage).

Bangkok...there are so many choices. Good luck!

Ed Jew
08-13-10, 03:12
I did recon already around Patpong. Many go-go bars, strip clubs, massages, pimp pushers. There is one area were a pimp said Jap only area. The girls are for Japs. Dang, there was quite a few hotties there. Many ladyboys that look absolutely beautiful. I saw 3 tall ones. That was the giveaway (tall). I was thinking of Tulips too. I rtff already. The station is Thong Lo according to the map on sukhumvit road. I could try Nana Plaza or Victoria Massage.

Caution: Gem scam. I almost fell for it until I backed out. Those tuk tuks will drive you to retail place claiming they will get free petrol then they will take you too your destination. Just screw them. They act like they your friend. I had my shit detector on Hi alert. No money loss except time wasted.

Fon Tok
08-13-10, 13:54
I did recon already around Patpong. Many go-go bars, strip clubs, massages, pimp pushers. There is one area were a pimp said Jap only area. The girls are for Japs. Dang, there was quite a few hotties there. Many ladyboys that look absolutely beautiful. I saw 3 tall ones. That was the giveaway (tall). I was thinking of Tulips too. I rtff already. The station is Thong Lo according to the map on sukhumvit road. I could try Nana Plaza or Victoria Massage....Those tuk tuks will drive you to retail place claiming they will get free petrol then they will take you too your destination. Just screw them. They act like they your friend. I had my shit detector on Hi alert. No money loss except time wasted.Yes, you are learning fast. Local farang rarely use tuk tuks as they just scam tourists. They are usually OK at night, though, but there is no price advantage over taxis.

The Japanese bar area next to the Sala Daeng BTS Station is called Soi Thaniya. Some of the prettiest women in Bangkok can be found here. They like money. While the girls are not usually westerner friendly while on Soi Thaniya, if they are still hungry for a customer, they sometimes wander over to Twilo in Patpong after their clubs close, (about 1 or 2 am).

There is no need to talk to any Patpong touts as they are usually just trying to scam people. Just say, mai ow khup politely, ("no thank you"), and most everyone will leave you alone.

The best time to go to Tulip (or most oil massage shop) is in the mid-afternoon, between 2 and 4 pm. Most of the girls are usually all there by then, freshly made up, and ready to go. Don't let the cashier pick a girl. Ask to see the girls before choosing. You'll walk down some stairs to view them. Sit for a minute, tell them something you like (e.g., kissing), and see who responds with enthusiasm. Anyone of them will take good care of you, but it is fun to see them put on their little show.

Since it's your first trip, you might also want to go to Annie's on Sukhumvit Soi 4. There's lots of info about particular ladies on their ISG thread.

Since this is the primarily the hotel thread, maybe write a report of your experiences and post it in the "Bangkok Reports" thread. I think the guys will enjoy reading about your first trip discovery process.

Duniawala
08-13-10, 17:34
Could someone suggest me a Hotel where is possible to bring 2 girls to the room with no additional fees? (short time decent hotel is ok too).

Thanks anyway.
Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel. Between Soi 13 and 15. Hotel basement is the Thermae. Its a regular hote. Reg rooms B1200 and upgraded rooms B1500. A 3* hotel. Nothing fancy but clean.

Barko
08-13-10, 19:06
First time to Thailand. I am interested in Mps massage and HJ/FS. What does the usual cost go for and around my hotel. Masseuse can be old. My hotel is Bangkok Heritage in Silom. Chong Nonsri BTS station. Thanks all.

EJEd. You may want to try BenTen Massage, 128/8, Silom Soi 6. It's an easy stroll from the Sala Daeng BTS, about 200 meters past Patpong on that same side. Turn right on Soi 6, you'll see it just down the block on the right. Ask for June or Donut. (YMMV of course)

Syzygies
08-14-10, 21:46

Thanks anyway.
Nana Hotel is not recommended in my Opinion. An old worn out Hotel. No problem with 3 girls to Admiral Premier, although its much closer to Soi Cowboy, so perhaps for those who prefer Soi Cowboy. Also no problem at Livingstone's Lodge.

Nana and Soi Cowboy have short time hotels but many will charge extra for multiple girls.

Sour Pickle
08-15-10, 03:08
I'm planning my Thailand trip next month, after a never ending hotel research :-) I've finally zero'ed in these hotels.

Reading the previous reports looks like both are GF. Can anyone comment on the service offered by these hotels, comparatively which is the recommended?

Barko
08-16-10, 04:00
I'm planning my Thailand trip next month, after a never ending hotel research :-) I've finally zero'ed in these hotels.

Reading the previous reports looks like both are GF. Can anyone comment on the service offered by these hotels, comparatively which is the recommended?Please excuse this Sour Pickle, but seriously: Neither one. Both are very overpriced now for what you get.

You may want to try the "Admiral Premiere" 138 Sukhumvit Soi 23. Very clean and well located, great staff, terrific pool scene & 100% GF. They have a very good promotion going on the "Wotif" hotel booking site at the moment. "Premier Studio-Stay3 Pay2". It works out to 1933 Baht per day. Take a look if you care to:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W56697&page=1&viewType=all

Sour Pickle
08-16-10, 10:34
Please excuse this Sour Pickle, but seriously: Neither one. Both are very overpriced now for what you get.

You may want to try the "Admiral Premiere" 138 Sukhumvit Soi 23. Very clean and well located, great staff, terrific pool scene & 100% GF. They have a very good promotion going on the "Wotif" hotel booking site at the moment. "Premier Studio-Stay3 Pay2". It works out to 1933 Baht per day. Take a look if you care to:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W56697&page=1&viewType=allThanks so much..Barko..I will check that out. BTW,Any ideas on the what is the normal check-in check-outs timings in Thailand?

Majestic1967
08-18-10, 01:04
I'm going to BKK in September for the first time and I was wondering if anybody here knows if this hotel is GF?

Thank You.

Giotto
08-18-10, 16:23
After years of planning, designing, checking, re-designing, checking, changing the web designer company - planning, designing ... ,,,,,, we finally activated our new Livingstone's Lodge website today.

Please - check it out and give me a feedback in the "Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok" thread.

Giotto

BionicMan
08-18-10, 21:29
After years of planning, designing, checking, re-designing, checking, changing the web designer company - planning, designing ... ,,,,,, we finally activated our new Livingstone's Lodge website today.

Please - check it out and give me a feedback in the "Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok" thread.
Giotto
Appreciating the more clear pdf map that can be printed (or saved on PDA) and the thai instructions for the taxi driver.

Great job!

Barko
08-19-10, 06:35
I'm going to BKK in September for the first time and I was wondering if anybody here knows if this hotel is GF?

Thank You.Nobody jumping up here to help a newbie?

Yes indeed Majestic1967, On8 is 100% GF. Book for two persons but make sure that your honey has her ID card just in case. Simple enough.

Have fun!

Kumbu
08-27-10, 10:12
Does anyone know what any of the Wotif secret deals are for Bangkok (Suk) right now? Interested in the 5* or one of the 4*s, but not willing to chance it. Looks like the Chronicles of Kumbu may get a sequel in mid September or so...

Barko
08-27-10, 15:22
Does anyone know what any of the Wotif secret deals are for Bangkok (Suk) right now? Interested in the 5* or one of the 4*s, but not willing to chance it. Looks like the Chronicles of Kumbu may get a sequel in mid September or so...Click on link takes you directly to the Wotif secret deal page. Ah, here goes, from my own personal research over the last year:

5 Star:
Dusit Thani (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W72456&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
Lebua at State Tower (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51805&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W77558&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) * (Rajdamri: A little bit far from the action, but right next to BTS & Villa Market)
Chatrium Suites Bangkok ,A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W77380&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) * (Book secret deal, then request low cost "Grand Deluxe" room upgrade including Internet at front desk.)
Millennium Hilton Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2940&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) * (Other side of river, but truly a great deal at this price.)

4.5 Star
Dream Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
President Palace Hotel Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W69529&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W59071&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) * (But now overpriced.)

4 Star:
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75374&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
Kingston Suites Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W77090&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)

(* = recommended)

Shit there's more Kumbu but I just ran out of gas. (You aren't going to get this kind of Bangkok info anywhere else, just here.)

More to come. :D

Member #2041
08-27-10, 16:44
Does anyone know what any of the Wotif secret deals are for Bangkok (Suk) right now? Interested in the 5* or one of the 4*s, but not willing to chance it. Looks like the Chronicles of Kumbu may get a sequel in mid September or so...
I've heard from several sources that the 5* is the Grand Millenium, which is well located a short stroll to Soi Cowboy and is GF and has generally good reviews in it's class

Sprite13
08-27-10, 23:18
Gents,
I'll be arriving in BKK on the 28 of Oct. I'm looking for a good place to stay at. One that looks interesting is the All Seasons Bangkok Huamark (previously Ibis). Is it girlfriendly? anod how is the location? Is it near the attractions and places of of interest to our hobby? This is the address of it: 5 Soi Ramkamhaeng 15
Ramkamhaeng Road. Does booking for 2 adults avoid being charged the extra fee? I'm also open to suggestions from the BKK experts since this will be my first time in Thailand.

Thanks a bunch in advance guys for all your feedback. Can't wait till I finally get to BKK!

Kumbu
08-28-10, 01:30
Click on link takes you directly to the Wotif secret deal page. Ah, here goes, from my own personal research over the last year:Wow, this is GOLD Barko, GOLD! Not sure how you did it, but this is the most valuable post I have seen on this forum for...ever?

Syzygies
08-28-10, 20:44
Click on link takes you directly to the Wotif secret deal page. Ah, here goes, from my own personal research over the last year:

5 Star:
Grand Millennium

4.5 Star
[url=http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662]Dream Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)
President Palace Hotel Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W69529&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662)

Barko,

Absolute Gold! as usual. I have stayed in G Millenium and also Fx and Dream before. Right now tossing up between GM and trying President Palace.

If I took the GM deal for 2500 (no breakfast), do you know how much the upgrade would cost to Grand Delux with internet? If its like a another 500, that would be a steal, but over 1K and I might not go for it.

My GF often doesn't want to eat B/F so I am loath to pay an extra nearly 1K for just me to eat B/F. I only need a coffee or two really as does she.

P.S. I see that the PP deal was too good and its sold out already.
May fall back to Admiral Premier (Agoda has it for 1472 plus taxes) including the b/f. See what the Thai GF thinks.
I suppose Agoda's price comes out about the same as Wotif at 1733 (including taxes & service charges).

She likes sleeping on a cloud at GM, and she likes the separate bath, and it does have special mirrors!

Barko
08-31-10, 07:43
Barko,

Absolute Gold! as usual. I have stayed in G Millenium and also Fx and Dream before. Right now tossing up between GM and trying President Palace.

If I took the GM deal for 2500 (no breakfast), do you know how much the upgrade would cost to Grand Delux with internet?

She likes sleeping on a cloud at GM, and she likes the separate bath, and it does have special mirrors!Thanks Syzygies! I very much appreciate the word of support.

The rooms at President Palace remind me of the Radisson Airport hotel in St. Louis. More than a little too much "No soul" for me. And, now, I think that they are actually discontinuing the wotif secret deal, so no loss there IMHO. If, after all, you do end up staying there, steer clear of the Deluxe Room upgrade. There is a big 1. 3 meter wide support column in the middle of the room so you can't see the TV from the sofa, how retarded is that?

Millennium Grande: I have gotten Grande Deluxe upgrades for free, but as little as 300 Baht is normal, and Executive floor upgrades including breakfast can go for as little as 1000 Baht. I think that right now though, 500B would be a good figure to consider. But again, hey, maybe you can even get the bump for free too. Just ask. (It helps if you join their online affinity program: M&C Loyalty Club (http://www.Millenniumhotels.com/loyalty/specials/index.html). The high floor rooms facing the Asoke. Sukhumvit BTS intersection are best, I think, a bit larger and much better view. And, yep, the beds at MG are among the best in town, no matter what floor you are on.

OK, now, just because it's a Wotif secret deal does not mean that it is the BEST place to stay in town. If you aren't doing breakfast at all, why not go for the Admiral Premiere? At 1733 Baht it's a deal. I like the rooms, the staff, and the area. There are several eateries, bakeries, & fine places to hang out, and there are very good massage places nearby too, (all within 1 minute.) The walk to Suk is very pleasant any time of day or night and there's always some eye candy around (if you catch my drift.).

Let me know if you need to drill down a little more.

Barko
08-31-10, 07:47
Wow, this is GOLD Barko, GOLD! Not sure how you did it, but this is the most valuable post I have seen on this forum for...ever?Thank you Kumbu! Let me know if I can further help with any of your hotel decision making.

Doc 50
08-31-10, 08:21
As for saying it's a long walk to Sukhumvit Rd... how lazy are you? It's a 3 minute walk at most.What I have to say about a hotel has absolutely nothing to do with my fitness or habits. You don't know me at all. I do not appreciate rude comments.

However I am a 10 year resident of Thailand. I stay in hotels in Bangkok for on average 5 days of every month.

I do have something to offer in my experiences with hotels and I have chosen to share that.

The fact is that there are other better hotels in the same area that offer 24 hour tuk tuk service. It is the rainy season you know. 4 hours per day of service is not convenient for most people. Hotels that have windows that open etc. Hotels that have individual air con doesn't have to be what you like. But it might be for some others.

Number 1 and
I'll say it again hotels that don't even offer internet or Wifi in the rooms are not worth staying at.

Citadines Soi 8 cheaper, cleaner, more convenient you name it they are better than Alpine.

Ryo Saeba
08-31-10, 09:59
Made my reservation through booking.com for 2/3 of their official price.

Didn't really need a serviced apartment as I was in Bangkok for a couple of nights only, but it was the only option both in my price range and exactly where I wanted it: as close as possible to Soi Cowboy.

My accomodation, the basic one, was quite big and clean, although the furniture has seen better days.

Didn't use the pool.

You enter the hotel and take the elevators from the bottom of the building, while the reception is somewhere around the 10th floor, so for those who are concerned about it there isn't any walk of shame. On the negative side there isn't anyone to check and keep the girl's ID either.

Location wise it's excellent, but I probably wouldn't select it for a longer stay.

http://www.jasminecity.com/

Ryo

Yendor
08-31-10, 11:45
Researching for my trip in Nov confirms that the 5* in Sukh for THB3300 in the GM including the rather good breakfast buffet. Can't be bothered waiting to see if a THB2500 deal comes up as Nov is the start of the high season (by and large).

The THB2500 deal on 'Silom' is actually the Le Meridien on Surwongse, directly opposite Pat Pong. For this price, including brekkie, it is a deal indeed. Other forums indicate that it is guest friendly for 1 guest at least (book a double). A bit far from my fav Sukh haunts, but we are all creatures of habit....

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2561&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Cheers, Y

Barko
08-31-10, 16:05
Researching for my trip in Nov confirms that the 5* in Sukh for THB3300 in the GM including the rather good breakfast buffet. Can't be bothered waiting to see if a THB2500 deal comes up as Nov is the start of the high season (by and large).

The THB2500 deal on 'Silom' is actually the Le Meridien on Surwongse, directly opposite Pat Pong. For this price, including brekkie, it is a deal indeed. Other forums indicate that it is guest friendly for 1 guest at least (book a double). A bit far from my fav Sukh haunts, but we are all creatures of habit.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2561&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662

Cheers, YSeconded, it's just too far from SC and NEP. Patpong developed too much of a "drunken geezer-uber cheapskate" kitsch a long time ago, and is WAY too katoey friendly today, if you catch my drift. Need a hangover, maybe some good old fashioned hardcore BKK regrets? Go to Patpong.

The beds at LM are fantastic. It's cleaner & nicer overall since the remodel. And, unlike most others, it actually deserves the 5 star rating. Simply superb. And, seriously, you can bring in as many babies as you want. A nice one hundred Baht pocket square and big smile for the bellman = "Mai mee bpang ha krup".

I didn't add it to the original list because of that congested hoof to the BTS/MRT. Dodging the masses all day all night? (I'm an SPG Platinum Elite, and those deals on the Aventec Suites when they first soft reopened = nothing short of spectacular.) BTW, I'll be at the Starbucks up the street Friday afternoon if you aren't doing anything. Heh.

Good out Yendor, good out.

Tratnguyen1
09-01-10, 04:47
Hi,

After all research, I shall be back at the MS. For another visit Bangkok that never fail to deliver my enjoyments in many differents ways.

My superior queen bed room cost 1450baht per night.

I shall have 7 nights in Bangkok MS.

Doc 50
09-01-10, 08:15
Number 1 and I'll say it again hotels that don't even offer internet or Wifi in the rooms are not worth staying at.

Citadines Soi 8 cheaper, cleaner, more convenient you name it they are better than Alpine.Oh sorry that should be Aspen Suites, couldn't even remember the name of that junk hotel.

Fon Tok
09-01-10, 08:48
Click on link takes you directly to the Wotif secret deal page. Ah, here goes, from my own personal research over the last year:
...Millennium Hilton Bangkok...Thanks Barko.

Just spent a couple of nights at the Millennium with my #1 GF. We enjoyed the view from our 28th floor room and the polite, upscale ambiance.
Spent a bundle for dinner at The Prime, but it was one of the best meals I've had in long time! The included breakfast buffet was excellent, as well.
Easy access to the Skytrain via the hotel boat to Saphan Taksin pier.

Barko
09-01-10, 11:16
Thanks Barko.

Just spent a couple of nights at the Millennium with my #1 GF. We enjoyed the view from our 28th floor room and the polite, upscale ambiance.

Spent a bundle for dinner at The Prime, but it was one of the best meals I've had in long time! The included breakfast buffet was excellent, as well.

Easy access to the Skytrain via the hotel boat to Saphan Taksin pier.Hey Fon Tok! :D

Man, I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of that terrific secret deal, the Millennium Hilton really is a great place IMHO.

My experiences there have been nothing short of outstanding and I personally do very much enjoy just being on the water in such nice surroundings. That river shuttle to the BTS is just great isn't it? (Endorphins anyone?) Easy access to the river taxis from there too, so lots of things to do and see and be. And, what about that pool! Nice huh? A great facility all round.

Thanks Fon Tok, glad you enjoyed it! Great pic BTW.

Showdown
09-01-10, 23:13
Anyone know of a short time hotel or a very cheap hotel near Huay Kwong MRT/Ratchada area (near all of the soapies like Emmanuelle etc)?

Barko
09-02-10, 07:51
Anyone know of a short time hotel or a very cheap hotel near Huay Kwong MRT/Ratchada area (near all of the soapies like Emmanuelle etc)?Real quick:

There is the "Ton Aor Place" It's in that 'hot shoes' no man's land south of Sutthisan and north Huai Kwang, it's a pretty darn good deal for what you get! Try for 650 Baht. Call 02-277-5279.

I don't know of much else in that specific area that would be easily accessible and in the real cheap cheap range, there are some 400 Baht per night apartment walkups east of the Ratchada City hotel, but you have to know a fuck of a lot about where to go and what you are doing (and they are EXTREMELY basic, as in "Thai Style" extremely basic: hot water heater and a rock hard bed that comes with its own hangover.)

There a TON of real hotels in the 1000-1200 Baht range of course, Palazzo, Ratchada City, Pietra, The Hip, The Mini, Cha-Da, and The Atrium. Google for best deals.

To get you pointed in the right direction:

The Mini Hotel (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/the_mini_ratchada_hotel.html)

Then look at the map.

Not sure I can help more than that. Good luck with it! ;)

B9999
09-03-10, 07:22
I picked up a lady from the Huntsman Pub in the basement of the Landmark Hotel. Or rather, she picked me up. As we were approaching the lobby lift to go to my room, we were approachd by security and I was interrogated somewhat. I felt very uncomfortable. I was told that I would be charged THB1, 000 for her to go to my room. I decided that it wasn't worth it and we headed back to the pub. Of course, my friend had been here before and knew the workaround. There's a secondary lift that accesses the 4 floors below the lobby (including the Huntsman Pub) PLUS the 31st floor that houses the 'Rib Room' restaurant and bar. Take this lift to the 31st floor. Have a drink in the bar if you don't feel that's the best thing to do. Cost approx THB300 for 2. Then just walk across to the main lifts that access all of the accommodation floors and head on down. No security. No joiner fee!

Freddy5440
09-04-10, 02:13
I am heading to BKK for 3 nights in October and would like to stay midway between NEP and SOI.I have read some good reports on Dream hotel in soi 15.

Does anyone have a suggestion about this hotel good or bad.Also I am a bit confused about the swimming pool.I read somewhere that the pool is in a different hotel perhaps across the road.

Thanks guys for all the info you post

LondonSoul
09-04-10, 02:24
Hi
I'm coming to bangkok. Please advise which is the best hotel for mongering, may bring two girls etc.

Ramada
Admiral Premiere
Royal President
Grand President

All are about the same price...
Cheers

Levitraboner
09-04-10, 03:12
Grand president is the only one I know about. Had no problem with mongering but it's pretty plain and simple, quite frankly it isn't very nice, but it worked out OK and the location is good. Walking distance to train and Biergarten.

Hi

I'm coming to bangkok. Please advise which is the best hotel for mongering, may bring two girls etc.

Ramada
Admiral Premiere
Royal President
Grand President

All are about the same price...
Cheers

Bunky
09-04-10, 17:40
Attached you will find two maps of the area around the Grand Millennium, with the streets labeled in both English and Thai. The scales are different, and one map is not oriented with north at the top. But you can figure it out.

Regards,

Bunky

Tratnguyen1
09-05-10, 04:51
I am totally lost when the mongers who come to BKKand choose a hotel with a joiner fee? I mean there more than enough hotels around lower soiSukhumvit without the joiner fee. This money is a nice extra the hotel make on guest. That is the reason I like to stay at the Majestic suite on every trip to BKK.

Gus69
09-06-10, 00:23
Thanks for the tip about the Landmark, I thought that the hotel was guest friendly, I have stayed there before with no problems other than some times security take the girls details from her ID.

Did you think that security was going to keep the 1000 for himself?

Member #4698
09-06-10, 01:07
Thanks for the tip about the Landmark, I thought that the hotel was guest friendly, I have stayed there before with no problems other than some times security take the girls details from her ID.

Did you think that security was going to keep the 1000 for himself?
I stayed at the Landmark once, back in the late '90s. It was total GF back then and I enjoyed my visit.

In 2010, I think the Grand Millenium or the Admiral Premier offer a much better deal and there is no question about their being GF.

Boater Boy
09-06-10, 11:36
Hi,

I am coming to BKK end September and normally stay at Citadines Soi 11. However one of my travel search engines turned up really good reivews for the Chatrium Suites. I cannot see from the map if this is close to the action (Nana etc), partly dıue to my lack of general BKK knowledge. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel. Location and is it GF.

Yes I did RTFF, but there is only one reference and that is not a report.

Thanks in advance,

Boater Boy

Fon Tok
09-06-10, 12:02
Hi, I am coming to BKK end September and normally stay at Citadines Soi 11. However one of my travel search engines turned up really good reivews for the Chatrium Suites. I cannot see from the map if this is close to the action (Nana etc), partly dıue to my lack of general BKK knowledge. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel. Location and is it GF. Yes I did RTFF, but there is only one reference and that is not a report. Thanks in advance, Boater BoyThis hotel is right on the Chao Phraya River and is a fair ways downriver from the Saphan Taksin Pier (BTS Station). There is lots of snarled traffic in this area, New Charoen Krung Road, at rush hours.

Friends of mine stayed here earlier this year. It's a 4+ star new hotel / serviced apartment. Great views of the river. Rooms were beautiful, breakfast tasty (I ate with them one morning). They have a regular shuttle boat service up to Saphan Taksin.

Closest entertainment area is Patpong, about an 80 baht taxi ride. Not sure about the hotel's GF aspect, but I would guess that if you book for two people and bring back a "friend" they would at least collect her ID. You should just e-mail them and ask.

Not a good choice for hunt and gather mongering (ST). Better for finding a girl in a massage shop (take out -- LT) and keeping her overnight. Probably OK for a girls who is used to a bit of class, not so much for Nana Parking Lot gals.

Blago
09-06-10, 21:15
Though this hotel appears on some GF hotel lists, I have read some reports of joiner fees being asked. There are several hotels in the area with some permutation of Grand and Sukhumvit in their names so there could be confusion. The one I'm booked in is the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel on Soi 6 operated by Accor.

Thanks for any information.

Travel Spirit
09-07-10, 14:45
There is in wotif a secret deal at the price of 1200B (in November).

The 4 star hotel is located in Sukhumvit soi 8.

Is it about Citadines apart hotel?

Fraqtl
09-07-10, 17:58
FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W59071&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) (But now overpriced.)Barko, thanks you so much for that list of hotels, I am headed to BKK for 3 or 4 days in November and the price on the FuramaXclusive looks fantastic.

Can you give an idea of what the place is like? Worth staying at?

Thanks in advance.

Gus69
09-08-10, 00:18
Spirit

I think that the Wotif deal which you refer to is probably Adelphi Suites, if you look at the Adelphi suites Wotif info it is very similar to the Mystery 4*.
A good saving though.

Nightprawler
09-08-10, 00:57
Hi to all,

I booked end of December till begining of January the Prince Hotel near Maakasan.

Is it ok, was somebody stay in Prince Hotel?

Barko
09-08-10, 02:34
There is in wotif a secret deal at the price of 1200B (in November).

The 4 star hotel is located in Sukhumvit soi 8.

Is it about Citadines apart hotel?Yep. Citidines Soi 8. Very decent price. No free brkfst/Inet.

Barko
09-08-10, 02:51
Barko, thanks you so much for that list of hotels, I am headed to BKK for 3 or 4 days in November and the price on the FuramaXclusive looks fantastic.

Can you give an idea of what the place is like? Worth staying at?

Thanks in advance.Best location, very decent rooms, XLNT breakfast. Perfect for playing Soi Cowboy for all it's worth, good oilies in the immediate area too, (makes life easy.) Secret deal was a lot better when it was 1499 Baht.

Recommended.

Barko
09-08-10, 17:39
Hi to all,

I booked end of December till begining of January the Prince Hotel near Maakasan.

Is it ok, was somebody stay in Prince Hotel?I used to have a girlfriend that worked as a receptionist there a long time ago. Half French. Half Thai: The most beautiful and sexy young woman on the planet. Life is full of regrets, not keeping that thing going is a big one.

OK, to answer your question: The Prince Hotel sucks. Give this one a pass Nightprawler, there are so many better hotels in Bangkok.

Let's find you someplace else to stay in January, shall we?

Christof
09-09-10, 05:53
Hey guys,

I'll be going to Bangkok end of this month & i'll be staying at Don Muang Hotel near the old airport. Where can I go to get some TLC? Found that Don Muang Hotel is extremely far away from the city.

Appreciate the help & advise.

Italian Guy
09-09-10, 08:35
Though this hotel appears on some GF hotel lists, I have read some reports of joiner fees being asked. There are several hotels in the area with some permutation of Grand and Sukhumvit in their names so there could be confusion. The one I'm booked in is the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel on Soi 6 operated by Accor.

Thanks for any information.I have stayed at the GrandSukhumvit 3 times and have never been asked for a joiners fee.I how ever always book the room for two persons and when asked for the second name state that I may have a friend join later.Never giving a name.Italian guy just my 2 cents,

Allover
09-09-10, 09:25
How far of a walk is this hotel from Soi Cowboy? I stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites last trip (liked it a lot) and didn't see the Furama.

Crazy4Thai
09-09-10, 09:31
Yep. Citidines Soi 8. Very decent price. No free brkfst/Inet.

I'm there right now and it's very good value IMO.
There is free internet in your room as long as you use the 100 mps broadband cable that is provided. For some reason they DO make you pay for wifi though.

Zamalek99
09-09-10, 10:41
What are the current rates for st and lt in nana car parking lot? Or in clubs like climax, bossy?

Thanks for your opinions.

Gus69
09-09-10, 23:05
christof
I don't think that there is much action around the old airport, probably best to find a reasonably priced hotel around Sukhumvit Road.

Yujin
09-10-10, 03:20
Hi to all,

Is it ok, was somebody stay in Prince Hotel?If it's the Prince Hotel at 1537/1 New Petchburi Road, it's a long, long walk to Nana, Soi Cowboy, and most of the bars that are popular with tourists. It is, however, next door to Cupidy Massage and a few other ones around the corner. I used to take a taxi to the Prince Hotel to avoid the "taxi surcharge" whenever I went to Cupidy.

Since it's near the Japanese Embassy, I believe it caters to a lot of Japanese citizens or people who need access to the embassy. The business card that I have for the Prince Hotel has Japanese writing on one-side and Thai on the other side. That being said, I don't know of anyone who has ever stayed there.

Rambis Youth
09-10-10, 06:33
I recently stayed 3 nights at the Bless Residence on Sukhumvit 33/2. I paid 2030 a night through Latestays.

I like the location (it's in the sub soi opposite Livingstone's) and the hard product was pretty good. A good sized one bedroom apartment with excellent bathroom. The pool on the roof got plenty of sun and I only saw someone else there once. They never lock the pool door so there's 24/7 access.

The TV selection was not great - my favourite channel was the one showing a split screen of reception and pool.

My biggest issue was that I because I booked through a 3rd party they were a bit annoyed to have to pay a commission. When I asked for an extra room key to keep the aircon on when I was out, they baulked and actually told me this is how they recoup some money by saving power. They also tried to charge me a 5% surcharge for Amex when checking out.

Would I stay again? Probably not but it was OK. It's just there are so many great places out there. If you want plenty of room it could be a good option.

Tratnguyen1
09-11-10, 04:42
I al ways stay at the MS. For some reasons that I find this hotel is totally unique in Bangkok. The hotel is close to actions. The price is right and with breakfast to start the d/

Speed Touch
09-11-10, 11:37
How far of a walk is this hotel from Soi Cowboy? I stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites last trip (liked it a lot) and didn't see the Furama.

It's a 4 min walk .... so very close - quicker if you can cross the street - but safer to use the underpass . nice hotel

Travel Spirit
09-11-10, 19:36
I'm there right now and it's very good value IMO.Although I stick to massage parlors, is the location of Citadines 8 good for access to Nana plaza, especially for the coming back?

Naughty
09-12-10, 00:21
Hi to all, I booked end of December till begining of January the Prince Hotel near Maakasan. Is it ok, was somebody stay in Prince Hotel?

I've stayed there many times.

Its an OK place but they do charge, or at least try to charge, a joiner fee unless you get a girl from them--they are in cahoots with Cupidy or some other massage place nearby. If you stay there regularly they tend to stop charging it after they get to know you. At least they did with me.

They usually have quite a few Arab/Middle Eastern guests, some of whom are very hospitable and friendly folks.

The singles on the seventh floor are really good, roomy and comfortable but not too modern. Some of the rooms are a little run down, so ask to see another room if the first one they show you isn't too good.

The massages offered by the hotel "masseuse" are not worth it. Breakfast is good. It is a bit of a walk to Nana, but if you turn left on the little sidewalk just after you cross the canal it is an interesting walk that takes you to some good places to eat and party.

I like it.

Crazy4Thai
09-12-10, 03:55
Although I stick to massage parlors, is the location of Citadines 8 good for access to Nana plaza, especially for the coming back?

You can easily walk or taxi to soi 8 from Nana. If you have a phone you can call for the hotel tuk tuk "any time day or night" when you get to soi 8.

However last night they had a lame response about the tuk tuk was broken. So we walked for 5+ minutes.

Also to round out my previous post, the pool is less than wonderful. When I saw the size, murky water and 2 kids in it I went back to my room.

Golfinho
09-12-10, 04:02
it's a 4 min walk .... so very close - quicker if you can cross the street - but safer to use the underpass . nice hotelstayed there in march. it's pretty new and in good condition. close to cowboy and only one street to cross. rooms were on the small side. girl-friendly, and guys working there were constantly trying to procure for me. good breakfast, but small restaurant and lobby entrance area. trying citadaine's for the upcoming this month though.

Travel Spirit
09-12-10, 07:03
Its an OK place but they do charge, or at least try to charge, a joiner fee.

It is a bit of a walk to NanaThe joiner fee is only 100 baht so it's not worthwhile talking about it.

Instead of walking I think it's better to take a taxi to Phetchaburi MRT station (2 min., 35 baht).

You can also check in very early (e.g. at 7am) without extra charge, as the hotel is apparently never full.

Tratnguyen1
09-12-10, 16:44
Hi; I have stayed at the Majestic suite starting mongering times in Bangkok. Obviously, MS. Is in the prime location for many things beyond bars and MP. Parlors in the lower soi Sukhumvit. The best deal for me is single superior Queen bed at 1450baht per night. Bangkok is an amazing city that I have a thrill feeling on every visit unlike other places get bored just after one stop.