PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Member #4655
09-13-10, 05:55
After some research and previous hlep from the forum I am about to book 4 niights for me and long term wing man in Centre point Langusan. Large 2 br appt. Seems like a good deal and location seems ok too.

Any Member feedback positive or negative would be apprecaited. BKK has been through some turbulent times since I did my research about 12 months ago wanted to make sure this plan still makes sense.

Have stayed solo in Livinstones a number of times which was great but they do not have adjoining rooms or 2 bed suites and we love the switcheroo!!

Thanks in advance

Max

Fon Tok
09-13-10, 09:08
...Large 2 br appt. Seems like a good deal and location seems ok too...Any Member feedback positive or negative would be apprecaited....2 bed suites and we love the switcheroo!!You might compare the suite rate (with online booking agents) for Aspen Suites on Suk Soi 23. It is about a 2-minute walk from Soi Cowboy...and the many friendly massage shops on Soi 23. It's the perfect hotel for afternoon and nightly multiple switch-a-roos!

Kumbu
09-13-10, 10:36
...Centre point Langusan. Large 2 br appt. Seems like a good deal and location seems ok too...Stayed there two years ago. Good, clean rooms, large and everything you need. The location is not quite top notch. It is somewhat down Langsuan, past Capehouse and past the Marriott Executive Suites, near to the Fraser building. It is perhaps a 10 minute walk to Suk, which in the heat of the day is enough to get you well-drenched. And given that Langsuan is a one-way street, you can't get a taxi to Suk. There is a Starbuck's about half way up to Suk, and this is a great Starbuck's to lady-watch. I am the wrong complexion, but if you are a decent looking fair-skinned dude, I am sure you can pick up the more respectable FLs here. They look pricey though.

Alternatives: Cape House. It is a little more expensive, and the building is a little older, but they have a business facility (free to all guests) which offers free coffee (espresso, actually), pastries, fruits, all day long. And it's a great lounge space too, with newspapers, magazines, and one computer.

I took a look at the Centre Point Wireless Rd, which is a slightly older building, but is in a better location. It is 5 minutes walk from Ploenchit Plaza, which is right next to the JW Marriott, so you are close to NEP (perhaps 8 minutes away).

I've also stayed at the Marriott Executive Suites, which right now looks like it is much more expensive. If you can get that for under 2500B per night, it is totally worth it. It has absolutely no walk of shame (you enter the elevators before you get to the reception), and the rooms are top notch. But this place is a little too pricey, IMHO.

Finally, the Grand Centre Point Ratchadamri is 5 star quality in a 4 star price. It is, well, opulent and grand. Everything is marbled, well appointed, and very nice. The location is great (right behind the Hyatt, and next to the Four Seasons). It is a 2 minute walk to the Rachadamri BTS, and a 5 minute walk to Suk. But you are looking at a price well over 3000B per night.

Overall, I would say the Centre Point Langsuan is a decent choice, with the only possible downside being the location.

Kota12
09-14-10, 11:16
Planning on a return trip to BKK in mid October. In the past I've stayed at The Landmark and have always found it to be GF friendly. However, I would like to try the Grand Millennium hotel this time. Does anyone know if the WOT Mystery Hotel deal for Sukh http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51807&page=4&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2010-10-13) is the Grand Millennium?

Thanks

PeterTaylor
09-14-10, 14:58
Getting to BKK on 27/28 Nov for 4/5 days.

Last time,I stayed at the Majestic Grande which was excellent for Annies and Nana. At 3600, it was quite expensive, but 60 bht to £ made it reasonable as I was a newbie. At 45 to the £, it is less reasonable and I wonder about staying somewhere else. It has to be near the action - too knackering to walk far and the bloody tuk tuks are a menace.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Peter

Butzelmann
09-14-10, 22:33
For my stay in BKK I like to use large apartments with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and separate living room. The holidays should not finally stop already in the hotel. In the past I found such accomodation units already in the Grand President and Royal President. There are many other Serviced Apartments, which sounds interesting (Aspen Suites, Adephi Suites, On8 etc., to find under http://www.compasshospitality.com/).

At last I could enjoy the benefits of the Junior Suite at the Royal President. Actually, a bit long in the tooth, the house is to my surprise in modern style, functional and clean. No renovation jam. The only drawback: due to lack of daylight, the rooms are quite dark, which is certainly compensated by the extensive lighting. All in all, there were plenty of play areas together with the ladies. LOL.

For my next BKK visit, I would be interested in the Admiral Suites. With a living space of around 70 square meters certainly a good choice for a two-week stay. However, the rooms look on the pics a bit out of date. And sure, the Admiral Suites are not the Mandarin Oriental, where rooms are decorated baroque exclusive, but the furniture speak a very old language. Can someone tell me about his experiences or give me an advice, which serviced apartments are also interesting? Only big they should be, really big! Gf and located on Sukhumvit Road. Max. Price 3,200 baht, not more.

Thanks!

Fraqtl
09-15-10, 13:18
Best location, very decent rooms, XLNT breakfast. Perfect for playing Soi Cowboy for all it's worth, good oilies in the immediate area too, (makes life easy.) Secret deal was a lot better when it was 1499 Baht.

Recommended.Thanks so much Barko, that's such a help. I assume that oilies is massage parlours? I might hit up one or two but I personally like to find a freelancer for the night. Although, to be honest as well, this time I might try and find a girl for the few days I am there, maybe get a local's view of the place. I am not very good at this at home so might just be having freelancers taking care of me.

I might check a couple of the dating sites though and see if I can find anyone.

Or of anyone knows anyone who is a good girl, attractive and likes a good time for a few days, let me know. This is the wrong thred for this kind of thing though so maybe a PM?

Cheers folks, I will do some reports when I am over there by way of thanks.

Boater Boy
09-15-10, 20:03
Getting to BKK on 27/28 Nov for 4/5 days.

Last time,I stayed at the Majestic Grande which was excellent for Annies and Nana. At 3600, it was quite expensive, but 60 bht to £ made it reasonable as I was a newbie. At 45 to the £, it is less reasonable and I wonder about staying somewhere else. It has to be near the action - too knackering to walk far and the bloody tuk tuks are a menace.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I did a fair amount of research before my last visit and chose to stay at Citadines on SOI 11. I have just booked the same for my next trip in October. I think I paid about 2,700 B per night. From my point of view it was good for location as it is very close to the Sky Train and only about 15 mins walk from Nana. There is loads of entertainment close by in terms of bars. I booked a 1 bed room with kitchen and living area (about 40 sq M). Nice to sit down with company and have a beer after a shower and before bed time. I am told that the restuarant is not so good, never tried it as I always eat out.

Never saw a Tuk Tuk outside of the hotel !!

Hope this helps.

Boater Boy

PeterTaylor
09-16-10, 15:13
Thanks Boater Boy. Citadines is a definite possibility.

Someone suggested the Royal Ivory in Nana. Any thoughts?

Peter

Gianni Versace
09-17-10, 06:41
Fellow Mongers

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the key bangkok hotel located on 19 Sukhumvit soi.19. Does anyone know if its girl friendly and how the location is? Thanks in advance

GV

Run Mann
09-17-10, 08:40
Fellow Mongers

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the key bangkok hotel located on 19 Sukhumvit soi.19. Does anyone know if its girl friendly and how the location is? Thanks in advance

GV

Use the search function to find more reports.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=932862&postcount=1358

FlyingVisitor
09-17-10, 13:02
Anybody who has a recent experience with Tawana Hotel in Suriwong ?
The customer reports at the agencies' sites give a mixed verdict.
Thanks for info.
FV

Jgm005
09-17-10, 22:11
The location is great. ASOKE MTR and BTS is right there. Soi Cowboy is a short walk and NEP is very walkable. I stay, usually, at the Swiss Grotino which is probably 200ft further down that sub soi. I had a friend recently stay at the Key and he said it was GF friendly

Fellow Mongers

GV

Kumbu
09-20-10, 04:41
I checked into the GM on Thursday night and I leave today. I made the reservation using the very useful Wotif Secret Deal link provided by Barko - Many thanks, sir.

Check-in was slightly problematic. Breakfast and Internet were not included in the price, so if I wanted Breakfast, I needed to pay 800B extra per night. Too much for me - how much does a croissant and a triple espresso cost? Internet, on the other hand, is crucial. The story was that if I wanted internet, I needed to upgrade to a Grande Deluxe, not just the Deluxe. The cost for that was 500B per night. I asked if I could just get internet in the room I already had, and I was told I could (for 300B per night), but the only Deluxe rooms they have available had twin beds, not king sized.

So the choices were:
1. Do nothing, pay nothing extra, no internet, no breakfast, and twin beds.
2. Stay in Deluxe room, pay 300B per night, but stuck with twin beds.
3. Upgrade to Grand Deluxe, pay 500B per night, get King sized bed.

I asked to see the rooms, so we went up and looked at them. The twin beds are definitely not a go for mongering purposes - far too small, and would certainly cause problems.

The girl helping me was very cute, and we got a little vibe going. Long story short, she ended up giving me the upgrade for 300B per night. So I did have to pay 300B extra per night, but I got internet and the King sized bed. I felt a little ambushed with the whole twin-bed thing, but after 20 hours of flying, eager to get out into the field, I just took it. And paying 300B per night for internet is not egregious.

The room itself was not bad. Not fantastic, but not bad.

Problems
1. The electrical outlet in the bathroom was not working, hence I shaved in the bedroom. Pain in the ass. I asked that it be fixed, and they never did fix it.
2. There were not enough trash cans in the room. Only one in the bedroom.
3. No iron/ironing board. A hotel that bills itself as 5 star should be embarrassed by this.
4. The safe was dinky and very cheap. It felt very brittle, although it may have just been the one in my room.
5. The electrical fixtures were really cheap and hard to work. Sounds like I am a dope (how do you not know how to work an electrical outlet?), but the switch to turn power on and off was stuck within two other fake switches for some reason. And the order of these switches were not the same across different outlets. So sometimes if you try to push the first one, it turns out to be fake, but for other outlets, the first is the real one. What a pain in the ass.
6. They were spotty on their card-check policy. I was stopped 2/4 nights. The other nights, I walked in and either no one was there to take the girl's id, or they just didn't seem bothered. The inconsistency of the policy is not good.
7. Asking for a taxi was a pain in the ass - the people in charge of doing that for you were often not there, so I either waited 5 minutes for them to arrive (a pain in the ass), or I walked onto the street and flagged one down myself. The only reason this is listed as a disadvantage is that if the hotel calls itself a 5-star hotel, this is a no-no.

Advantages
1. Location. 2minutes and 15seconds from Soi Cowboy.
2. The bed is awesomely confortable.
3. The rooms are totally silent - not a single noise from neighbors or traffic. Excellent.
4. Plenty of free drinking water replenished every day without being stingy about it.
5. Plenty of towels.
6. Nice shower - strong pressure, dual shower handle/rain shower options. A large bathtub, which looks pretty sexy. Lots of glass walls and marble, very nice.

So overall, the GM is not a bad choice, but I would say it is definitely not a 5-star hotel. It is squarely a 4-star hotel, and to be fair, the price you pay is reflective of that fact. Including the 300B per night, I ended up paying 2800B per night, which is probably about right. So you should always trust the price as an indication of the quality of the hotel. Mmm, I'm off to Hotel Solo now, which is much cheaper...

Mouse1
09-20-10, 09:08
Mmm, I'm off to Hotel Solo now, which is much cheaper...Glad you picked Hotel Solo, Kumbu. It was fantastic value when I got it via Wotif for 1000Bht, and I loved the walk-in shower.

By the way, if you see someone walking around the hotel in an orange Nike running top, it's mine... It blew off the balcony and must have blown back inside one of the rooms...

I'm in Boss Suites, so I reckon I can see your room from here... I'm waving now... Yeah, that's me....

X Tamron
09-21-10, 09:38
Hello all,

I'll be staying at the Marriott and Spa for a function and will only get a few hours of free time.. anyone knows of a place I can go to to get a quick release not too far?

Massage with FS or even HJ would be fine!

Any help appreciated!

Lifeingr
09-22-10, 15:36
Hello all,

I'll be staying at the Marriott and Spa for a function and will only get a few hours of free time.. anyone knows of a place I can go to to get a quick release not too far?

Massage with FS or even HJ would be fine!

Any help appreciated!

See my reply in your other post. You are far from the action. There is one soapy place in reasonable distance from Marriott (with taxi of course) but I don't recall the name. It is something like ida or irda or idra but not sure.

Fon Tok
09-22-10, 21:45
Hello all, I'll be staying at the Marriott and Spa for a function and will only get a few hours of free time.. anyone knows of a place I can go to to get a quick release not too far? Massage with FS or even HJ would be fine! Any help appreciated!Take the hotel courtesy boat to the Saphan Taksin pier and catch the BTS to Sala Daeng Station (trip takes about 30 minutes time). Exit Sala Daeng and walk down Soi Thaniya to Surawong Rd. On Surawong there are a number of massage shops (for oil massage), and one soapie (the new JC Infinity across from the Tawana Hotel). They all will be happy to take care of you. You could also go to the Star of Light on Patpong 2 if you wanted to skip the massage. Do a lady in the bar or take her to one of the nearby short time hotels.

The hotel boat provides cool towels and water on the ride back...

Barko
09-23-10, 18:49
Continuing Wotif Secret Hotel listings as promised.

Marriott 5 star business class "Wot" Secret Hotels. Each priced at 2800 Baht, each including breakfast, each blind eye guest friendly. Fantastic deals for these rooms:

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Siam. Closeby to Chitlom BTS. New. Superb rooms. Terrific beds. Fine breakfast. Wotif normal price for comparison. (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W74174&page=1&viewType=all)

Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4422&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 24. A bit far down the soi. XNLT beds. Very quiet. Best business center in town? Wotif normal price for comparison. (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W71312&page=1&viewType=all)

Marriott Executive Apartments, Sathorn Vista (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4446&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sathorn (= taxi time) Full one bedroom suites with real convection oven/broilers in the kitchens (!) Very nice sexy bedrooms. Wotif normal price for comparison. (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W65815&page=1&viewType=all)

(You aren't going to get this kind of Bangkok info anywhere else, just here.)

More to come. :D

Chill Out
09-24-10, 20:04
Barko, thanks for your selfless sharing of those excellent Wotif deals. You, Sir, are adding a lot of value here :-)

Would you have a Wotif link for Dynasty Grande by any chance? I know you recommended it before and it’s closer to Nana, my destination of choice ;-)

I’ll stay 6 or 7 nights early October. I’m thinking to book 1-2 night at Hotel Solo through Wotif to get me started; then I plan to look around to see if I can find something else. I enjoy visiting hotels for fun, so I don’t mind.

Questions for experienced members:

1. Is it possible to get significant discounts in hotels just walking in? Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

2. Can you book through wotif for a night or 2 to check an hotel out, then extend to more nights for the same price? Does that work in most hotels?

3. When staying a week, would it be better to book a Wotif for the week and then push for a great upgrade, using the length of stay as leverage?

Thanks!

Jgm005
09-25-10, 00:45
Thank You; Thank You. I always follow your BKK Hotel Wotif Posts and have never been led astray. Specially on Grand Millennium.

Continuing Wotif Secret Hotel listings as promised.

Marriott 5 star business class "Wot" Secret Hotels. Each priced at 2800 Baht, each including breakfast, each blind eye guest friendly. Fantastic deals for these rooms:

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Siam. Closeby to Chitlom BTS. New. Superb rooms. Terrific beds. Fine breakfast. Wotif normal price for comparison. (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W74174&page=1&viewType=all)

Snipped ... Snipped

(You aren't going to get this kind of Bangkok info anywhere else, just here.)

More to come. :D

Sour Pickle
09-25-10, 05:12
Kingston Suites, 39/3-7 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Is this hotel GF?

Chill Out
09-25-10, 21:47
@Sour Pickle: I assume so if Barko recommends it here.

@Barko: I'm assuming all the Mariotts are GF as well. Great deals at 2800 baths. I might actually book one of those. So the 'Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel' is 2 stations away from Nana. Any idea how long and how many baths that is for taxis at night?

Are the 'Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park' any closer? Which one would you recommend?

Franphil
09-25-10, 23:10
Hello all,

Can somebody thell me or Gullivers is GF Friendly?

I can not find it on the forum?

Thanks already,

Franphil

Kumbu
09-26-10, 03:33
So the 'Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel' is 2 stations away from Nana. Any idea how long and how many baths that is for taxis at night?

Are the 'Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park' any closer? Which one would you recommend?Rennaissance is in a top-notch location, right next to the Amarin Plaza between Chit Lom BTS station and Central World. By Taxi, at 1am, I would imagine it would be 40B-50B or so - negligible. The Marriott Executive Apartments is probably about the same geographic distance, and so 40B-50B is your taxi fare (approx). But it is on Lang Suan, which is a one-way street (going away from Chit Lom Station). That means when you are leaving the hotel, you can't take a taxi up to Suk - the taxi needs to drive down Lang Suan, turn left/right, and come back up one of the other parallel streets. Not a major problem, but still.

I have never stayed at the Rennaissance, but it is brand spanking new. I was in the Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri on the 32nd floor last year watching it being built - it looks pretty good. I have stayed at the Executive Apartments, and I can recommend it highly. Great rooms, especially if you can get the Deluxe suit (although the Superior suite is great too). Plus there is no walk of shame. There is a Starbuck's right across the street (and up towards Suk a little), which is convenient, and a 7-11 close by, and a supermarket in the other direction, so it is quite convenient. Plus there are several decent restaurants in the area (without having to to the malls on Suk). But the Renaissance is closer to the malls and the skywalk.

Lover Boy #2
09-26-10, 09:22
Gents,
I'll be arriving in BKK on the 28 of Oct. I'm looking for a good place to stay at. One that looks interesting is the All Seasons Bangkok Huamark (previously Ibis). Is it girlfriendly? anod how is the location? Is it near the attractions and places of of interest to our hobby? This is the address of it: 5 Soi Ramkamhaeng 15
Ramkamhaeng Road. Does booking for 2 adults avoid being charged the extra fee? I'm also open to suggestions from the BKK experts since this will be my first time in Thailand.

Thanks a bunch in advance guys for all your feedback. Can't wait till I finally get to BKK!

I don't think your question was ever answered....but it might have been.

This hotel is really far from the action and it is not a good choice (northeast BKK) as there are many other hotels in the same price range.....closer to the attractions I think you want.

If you want Huamark Stadium or the shopping center....then staying here makes sense...but for about 5 euro more....you can stay in a much better place.

Kumbu
09-26-10, 11:58
I made the reservation through Wotif, not one of its secret deals. I actually went and looked a a variety of hotels before I made the decision, but never managed to get down to soi 2 to see Hotel Solo. Nonetheless, I ended up picking this hotel sight-unseen partly because of price, and partly because of recommendations from others.

Overall, I would say it is a decent hotel for a monger with a regular GF, i.e., a single girl with whom you will stay for the duration (or large part) of the stay. But if you plan to bring 2-3 girls back per night, for example, I would not recommend the hotel.

The Positives
1. It is a very cute, friendly, clean boutique hotel in a quiet soi.
2. It is less than a year old, and nothing is broken (yet).
3. Price is good. I think if you can get it for less than 1500B per night (closer to the 1200 mark), this hotel is worth it. I got it at 1800B per night, and I think that is a tad overpriced. I think it can be had for 1000B per night, and I will tell you about that later in the report.
4. Walk-in shower is EXCELLENT. It is large enough for two, and has this really cool set of blinds on the glass wall which you can open up, dim the lights in the bedroom, and you get this excellent view of your girl as she gets all soapy in that steamy shower. Damn, the juices flow thereafter.
5. They have a master switch panel next to the bed which allows you to control all the lights, AC, clock, and alarm clock in a simple, easy-to-use fashion. It is very useful if you need to hit the lights quickly, or to switch on/off the AC in the middle of the night, without getting out of bed.
6. Internet is wireless throughout the building, and it is reasonably fast (not blazing by any means, but Youtube worked fine, for example).
7. Staff are friendly and smile at you.
8. Nice rooftop bar and pool.
9. Breakfast, which is neither expansive nor expensive (150B, pretax), but adequate for most.

The Negatives
1. Location, location, location. The hotel is in a cluster of little hotels including Aspen Suites and the Marco Polo serviced apartments, and it is at the end of soi 2 – a 12 minute walk from the JW Marriott. The location has been discussed before, and I think it is an issue, particularly if you are someone who needs to get in and out of your hotel frequently throughout the day/night, as I am. They offer a tuktuk service, but that only helps on the way to Suk, not coming back. In that case, you need to either walk or take a 10B motocy. So it is manageable, but still a little inconvenient. As I suggested above, if you are going to come in with your Thai GF and just **** yourself all over her for the entire day, then this is a great place to do it. But for multiple guests, the frequent trips up and down soi 2 are probably not worth the cheap price.

2. Related to this is that there is no 7-11 nearby. So to get even basic things, you need to trek all the way back to Suk.

3. There was an awful stench of stale smoke in hallways on several days. This was obviously because the floors contain smoking and non-smoking rooms, and so someone on the floor must have been a heavy smoker. It was not a big deal, just a little bit of an annoyance.

4. Noise from other guest rooms, while not loud, is certainly noticeable.

5. They advertise an in-room espresso maker. Wow, being an espresso freak, that really caught my eye. But this was a total lie. Not only was it not an espresso machine, it was a low-quality pod-based coffee machine that produce tepid, weak brownish water. Very disappointing.
6. They advertise a roof-top bar called Cloud 9 which offers cocktails and drinks until midnight. On my second day there, I happened to ask the manager himself what time that bar closes, and he told me midnight, and then showed me their regular printed brochure, which shows the time. Later that night, I had an explosive fight with a girl I called over from Pattaya who discovered I had been here longer than I had claimed, and we needed to get some drinks into her quickly. So at 11pm I dragged her upstairs to the bar, only to find it all shut down. So I called downstairs to see what had happened, and they told me that they were short staffed and closed early. I told them that they needed to open it up and serve me some drinks (I am a paying guest, they can't just decide to not offer advertised services), and they refused. I asked to speak to the manager, at which point the girl on the other end fumbled for 3 minutes, returning to tell me that he had gone home. So I asked for whoever was on duty in charge of the hotel, and she told me that no one was in charge. Hmm, not a good answer.

I asked her what she was going to do for me, and she said nothing. So I told her that she needs to open the bar up, at which point she conceded. So I finally did manage to get y girl good and drunk and everything was soothed over, but not after an aggravation that did not need to occur. Two nights later, the bar was similarly understaffed as early as 10pm, so they have staffing issues.

7. On my fourth night there, my shower was not draining well and I ended up standing in filthy water for 5 minutes. Yuck. So I asked in the morning that the shower drain be fixed. That evening, at around 10pm, I checked the shower, and it had not been fixed. So I called downstairs and asked they send someone to fix it. 10 minutes later this guy ambles in, listens to my explanation, and then turns to my Thai GF and says something to her, and then leaves (without looking at me or saying anything to me). I asked her what he had just happened, and she said that he told her that I need to wait until tomorrow because the housemaid is not here at this time.

I exploded in anger (quite uncharacteristically, by the way). Why didn't he tell ME that? And why should I pay for a room which does not have a properly functioning shower? And why didn't they fix it during the day like I had asked? So I stormed downstairs and confronted the guy, and he started shaking in his boots and ran off to find someone a little more competent. A lady arrives (who was superbly cute, but the way) and I explain the injustice of it all, and she first tries to explain that it is late and - I cut her off and tell her that she just needs to fix the problem for a paying guest. She agrees, very nicely, and manages to get the dimwit who refused to fix the problem in the first place to come up and fix it.

I should say that I would have done it myself, dirty a job as it is, but the shower drain was beneath a grill that was screwed into something. So I needed at least a screwdriver to get at the problem.

Anyway, the guy eventually comes up and fixes it (it took all of 3 minutes). This was unneeded aggravation too.

8. Upon check-out, they tried to charge me for the room fee again, by adding 1000B for each night I was there. I wasn't sure what the charge was, so I asked, and the manager said it was for the room. I said I had already paid through Wotif, at which point he changed his story to this being a joiner fee (he used the term 'charge for your friend.'). I objected once more saying I had reserved the room for two people, at which point he withdrew the charge (a substantial amount of 1000B per night for five nights). In retrospect, 1000B for a night in that hotel is actually pretty good. The fact that I was going to be charged that amount suggests that rooms can be had for that amount.

9. There were not a lot of mongers there. Most people were middle-end European and Indian couples and small families. This was not a problem for me since I was with one Thai girl the whole time, but it was still a little uncomfortable. I think this was partly because of how small the hotel was – it had a very intimate feel to it, which compounded the shame factor.

So in sum, I went into this hotel *wanting* to like it, and left feeling rather mixed about it. I thought the location was a tad inconvenient; I had several service problems there; but the rooms were nice and the shower was excellent. Overall then, my recommendation would be that if you can get the place for around 1200B per night, including internet (but not breakfast), and if you will be with one girl the whole (or much of the) time, I would highly recommend this hotel. But if you are a multiple-girl-per-night guy, and/or you cannot get the hotel for less than 1500B, then I would pass.

El Greco
09-26-10, 15:50
But if you are a multiple-girl-per-night guy, and/or you cannot get the hotel for less than 1500B, then I would pass.

Thanks for your report. Very informative.

They advertise on their site

http://www.solohotelsresorts.com/index.html

1.445 Baht for the Superior and 1.800 Baht for their Deluxe room 28m2 and 37m2 respectively.

Can you please tell us which one you are referring to?

Barko
09-26-10, 16:03
@Sour Pickle: I assume so if Barko recommends it here.

@Barko: I'm assuming all the Mariotts are GF as well. Great deals at 2800 baths. I might actually book one of those. So the 'Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel' is 2 stations away from Nana. Any idea how long and how many baths that is for taxis at night?

Are the 'Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park' any closer? Which one would you recommend?Renaissance: Taxi = 40 Baht + tip from Nana, it's really not far at all.

Tough call on which one to choose Chill Out. Both hotels are excellent.

Renaissance is new and tastefully luxurious. The rooms have a very high level of ease and sophistication. EVERYTHING performs as it should, (even the jaccuzzi jets in the bathtub.) The color scheme/modernity makes you feel just great, and the beds are simply outstanding. Also, it's an easy 3-5 minute walk from Chitlom BTS.

Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park, on the other hand, is one of my solid high achiever standby studios with a real kitchen, large fridge, big microwave, real coffee maker, a washer/dryer. and, LOTS of privacy. I myself do extremely well "entertaining" in that type of environment. Also, two of the receptionists there are so hot I find myself in awe sometimes,(someday Barko, some day.) It IS of reasonable distance down the soi though, definitely too far to walk to the BTS on a regular basis.

OK, for me personally: Even though the rooms are smaller with less longstay features, I would have to say that the Renaissance gets the call. At this price, the absolute value breakdown is without question. Definitely very well worth the Wotif secret 2800 Baht. And, the general ambiance (feel of the place in general) is so happy/light/cool that I am ready to drop everything and go back there right now. :D

Barko
09-26-10, 17:04
So in sum, I went into this hotel *wanting* to like it, and left feeling rather mixed about it.Exactly Kumbu. Well done. I think that your perspective on Hotel Solo would parallel those of many here as well.

There really are a lot of things to like about the place, and I liked ALL of the staff immensely, but I myself probably won't be going back there. I didn't like the stale cigarette-permeated air every time I exited the lift upstairs, and of the four rooms they showed me, two were hit with Ozium (to cover strong BO & ciggies) so heavily that I couldn't stand to be in them for more than a few seconds. WTF, I don't like it, so why the hell should I put up with it?

On the other hand, I personally enjoyed that short walk from Solo to Nana, it's not far, and there is always something interesting to see along the way. And, the walks back to the room (with my cuties) were actually very fun, sweet and romantic. Quietly giggling and laughing without a care all the way down the tree lined soi, then greeted by a smiling hotel bellman (with his previously well greased palm,) then easily sliding up to the room with that great sexy mood still in place. Nice.

Alrighty then, for those interested, if you book the place far enough in advance, say from the middle of October on, you can still get the 1000 Baht secret deal on Wotif:

Wotif Secret: Hotel Solo Sukhumvit Soi 2 (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W75374&page=3&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2010-10-22)

At that 1000 Baht rate, there is no question that it is certainly a very real Bangkok deal to be reckoned with.

Duniawala
09-26-10, 17:18
So in sum, I went into this hotel *wanting* to like it, and left feeling rather mixed about it. I thought the location was a tad inconvenient; I had several service problems there; but the rooms were nice and the shower was excellent. Overall then, my recommendation would be that if you can get the place for around 1200B per night, including internet (but not breakfast), and if you will be with one girl the whole (or much of the) time, I would highly recommend this hotel. But if you are a multiple-girl-per-night guy, and/or you cannot get the hotel for less than 1500B, then I would pass.
Looks like they had the right name. "Solo"

Based on your reviews I would give it a big pass. For the same amount (1500 for the newly refurbished room and 1200 for the older one), I can stay at Ruamchitt Plaza. And you can bring 2 joiners with you (doesn't matter if you registered as single or double). On the 3rd they might question.... :-) However, the location (between Soi13-15) is much more convenient. If you like Thermae, then it is a short trip from downstairs to upstairs. Convenience stores and pharmacies are next door. Street food is right outside the front entrance. Plenty of good places to eat within walking distance.

It works for me.

Somewhere15
09-27-10, 10:29
I consider to stay (for longer times) in Phachara Suites Soi 6 (in the opposite of the Grand Sukhumvit. Close to NEP, Nana BTS and Sukhumvit Soi 11 etc.
Does anyone has expierence how they threat if you take one (or more) girls for some hours or even for the night?

Thanks.

Chill Out
09-27-10, 13:18
Thanks Kumbu & Barko for your kind replies. Looks like it's going to be the Renaissance for me.

So do you think if I book 2 nights, I can later extend to additional nights with the same wotif price? I'd prefer to keep my options open in case I want to go to another place/city/island.

Kumbu
09-28-10, 01:17
1.445 Baht for the Superior and 1.800 Baht for their Deluxe room 28m2 and 37m2 respectively.

Can you please tell us which one you are referring to?I *believe* I was in a deluxe, so the larger one. But I don't think there is all that much difference. If I remember correctly, the superior and the deluxe have the same bathroom set up (excellent showers, everything was just fine), but the deluxe just had more space around the bed and a little extra lounger. Not realy worth the extra 400B IMHO.

Barko
09-28-10, 03:03
Thanks Kumbu & Barko for your kind replies. Looks like it's going to be the Renaissance for me.

So do you think if I book 2 nights, I can later extend to additional nights with the same wotif price? I'd prefer to keep my options open in case I want to go to another place/city/island.Good idea. Lots of areas and hotels in BKK.

If you do decide to stay more nights, just book via the secret deal link again. Text something in the "comments" section of the Wotif booking page, simply stating that you are extending your stay for whatever number of nights, include your room number of course. I have done this many many times, so don't worry about doing this at all.

If you see a reasonably built old guy wearing Ray Bans & black board shorts, lounging around next to the indoor pool reading "The Lost Symbol" with two insanely hot Thai chicks wearing matching 'twisted rainbow" bikinis & mauve color high heel espadrilles: That's not me. :D

Chill Out
09-28-10, 07:59
If you see a reasonably built old guy wearing Ray Bans & black board shorts, lounging around next to the indoor pool reading "The Lost Symbol" with two insanely hot Thai chicks wearing matching 'twisted rainbow" bikinis & mauve color high heel espadrilles: That's not me. :DAh! Yesterday I was thinking in my head: "I need to buy bikinis and flip flops so I can bring my chicks to the pool". Heh.

Diamond Geezer
09-28-10, 14:12
Guys,

My favorite hotel MG rate is 104 US$ (I. E. 3477)for the period from 23/12/09 till 29/12/09 now I was about to instruct my travel agent to book it since I enjoy the unbeatable location next to Annies, NEP and BST when I came across preident Solitaire which is 5 stars at the rate of 77. US$ (I. E. 2549 THB) what do you think guys as I am not sure of the locat of PS anyone stayed there I know that it is definitely GF Like MG but there is a difference of 27US$ per night in addition to the fact that PS is 5 stars were MG is 4.

I am a bit confused would you please help me out.Solitaire is quite a walk from the action in my opinion, at night it is poorly lit and all of a sudden not the greatest of locations. The hotel itself is excellent, quality all the way, and free wifi whjich is a must for me.

Majestic is great location but the rooms are not as nice I dont think, they are still good, just not as good as solitaire. I stay in deluxe suites and to help you make a decision, im going back next month for 3 days and will be staying in the majestic. down to location for me. you really can over think things thru!!

Franphil
09-29-10, 20:16
Hello, all, dit someone now or Phachara suites and Gullivers hotel is GF? I search a lot on the forum and I can not find it, thanks for helping.

Franphil

Barko
09-30-10, 14:46
Hotels no longer participating in Wotif Secret deal:

5 Star
Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites
Chatrium Suites Bangkok ,A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner
Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok

4 Star
President Palace Hotel Bangkok

This could all change tomorrow, but that's the way it is today. For those of you that got in on the great deals: Good for you. Have fun! :D

Full update later.

Best, B

Nullnull
09-30-10, 22:14
Grand Millennium Sukhumvit

Stayed there two times. I liked the rooms it was obvious that this Hotel was relatively new, so no signs of worn out carpets or something. The breakfast buffet was almost perfect with all these freshly squeezed juices, different kinds of bacon with your scrambled eggs, fantastic pastry. The location is perfect for Soi Cowboy and still o.k. for NEP, very girlfriendly. Sometimes they have nice offers on latestays.com.

Biggest Advantage: Location, location, location! I could sneak my cutie within two minutes from Soi Cowboy in through their back door, so no raised eyebrows from western couples or embarrassing discussions at the lobby. Only some smiles and wais from security stuff. Even if you enter through the front door you don’t really have to pass the reception before entering the lift.

Biggest Disadvantage: the remote control of TV was a bit weak...that’s all.

The Landmark Bangkok

On tripadvisor some clients complained that this hotel "turns into a brothel at night", so it must be the right place for us. Firstly I booked a room without breakfast but on arriving I was talked by the pretty girl at the reception into upgrading into a so called lifestyle room including breakfast. That made the whole stay quite expensive. The “lifestyle” thing gives you the opportunity of getting free snacks (sushi, sandwiches, soup and pastry) and drinks (sadly no champagne) in the afternoon and three pieces of laundry each day for free. It was o.k. but not really worth an extra 2000 baht. Breakfast was very nice and the pool area is good for Bangkok standards. You can take some laps and you get some sun. Girlfriendly no doubt, cutie from NEP had to leave her ID, and I got a call from the security guy when she left late at night if everything was o.k.

The rooms were disappointing. It is said that the superior lifestyle rooms have 36 sqm but I am pretty sure my room was smaller. The bathroom must have been the smallest I’ve ever experienced in a 3- 4- or 5-star hotel. Staff was as usual for Thailand very helpful and pretty.

Biggest Advantage: location next to NEP

Biggest Disadvantage: Bath was tiny, room was small and somehow in early nineties style when everything had to be dark or black to look elegant.

Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri

The Grande Centre Point has impressive lobby, fantastic rooms. I have booked a 69sqm Grande Suite for around 3000 baht including full equipped kitchen, washing machine 2 flat screens 2 DVD player, could be especially interesting for longer stays. It is not close to some entertainment area (but you can reach Sukhumvit area very easy), nevertheless girlfriendly. I was there with an 18 year old regular that arrived later in sexy dress and the next day brought a big suitcase into the hotel. No questions, no joiner fee, they treated her like a real lady.

Breakfast was somehow disappointing. The room lacked any kind of elegance or style and the variety was o.k. for normal standards but there are much better breakfast options in Bangkok.

Biggest Advantage: Rooms! Big! Perfectly equipped!

Biggest Disadvantage: Breakfast!

Lebua At State Tower

I booked a Superior Suite and got a free upgrade to Tower Club Suite which was impressive. The whole hotel is top class with wonderful staff and the best breakfast I got in Bangkok, including top quality sushi (not so easy to get in BKK), western style pork roast and rare items such as strawberries in balsamico. It is supposed to be girlfriendly but I didn’t bring any cuties to my room so I cannot comment on this. Since it is far away from the action I would recommend this for a romantic stay with your regular bargirl or real-life-girlfriend (but who really wants to take his girlfriend to BKK?)…

Biggest advantage: it’s hard to get such a class hotel for that price anywhere in the world, so just relax and have a drink on the rooftop bar, you will feel like James Bond.

Biggest disadvantage: None!

Conclusion: I would return to Lebua and Grand Millennium any time, but there are so many wonderful hotels in Bangkok to be tested such as the Peninsula (if they come up with a nice offer).

For the near future I am interested in the following hotels:

Plaza Athenee
JW Marriott
Marriott Executive Apartments Sathorn
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Banyan Tree
Rembrandt
Dream Hotel

Please give your opinions on these hotels concerning location, rooms, food (breakfast), value for money and above all: Their behaviour towards girls/guests. I have heard that the Rembrandt is not girlfriendly which is somehow hard for me to believe. Does it mean joiner fee? In Burma I have experienced that reception asked for joiner fee only as long you don't have a double room. Is it like this or are they really unfriendly towards your girl and ask for registration?

Somewhere15
10-01-10, 23:36
Hello, all, dit someone now or Phachara suites and Gullivers hotel is GF? I search a lot on the forum and I can not find it, thanks for helping.

Franphil

Gullivers for sure. Gullivers bar is a big "pick up" place. I never used there Hotel service but frequently I was in the bar area and given the type of bar/hotel and their customers I am absolutely sure its GF.
Phachara I also questioned this, want to know this as well as their standard seems better, the locations more quite and the price better than Gullivers:)

Member #4698
10-02-10, 00:54
For the near future I am interested in the following hotels:

Plaza Athenee
JW Marriott
Marriott Executive Apartments Sathorn
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Banyan Tree
Rembrandt
Dream Hotel

Please give your opinions on these hotels concerning location, rooms, food (breakfast), value for money and above all: Their behaviour towards girls/guests. In Burma I have experienced that reception asked for joiner fee only as long you don't have a double room. Is it like this or are they really unfriendly towards your girl and ask for registration?
Null, I have stayed at the JW Marriott. It is GF and the room was good, but nothing out of the ordinary for its class. It has a great location for Nana, obviously, but I would not stay there again unless I got a deal. I have a Marriott Reward Visa card and have accumulated a lot of points. I used them to my advantage last time I was in Pattaya. I like the Pattaya Marriott a lot. It has a great pool/garden and location. The Marriott has a good breakfast.

I did not stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, but I did stay at its sister hotel the Westin. Both hotels are GF and have great locations. The room was slightly under the Marriott quality, but sometimes the Westin has good deals. The Westin had a ok breakfast.

Steve my crazy friend, ALWAYS stays at the Plaza Athenee when he is in BKK. He owns a home in Phuket and is married to a Thai Lady Doctor. He never fools around. We hook up for dinner whenever we are both in town. The Athenee has nice rooms but I can't say for certain if GF. The breakfast is pretty good. Now that the Renaissance has opened up, the Athenee has some real competition.

I agree with everything you wrote about the Grande Centre Point, but it s a question of location, location, location. The Grande Centre Point is fine for daytime activities, but too far from Cowboy to suit me. I want to be within walking distance. Taking a girl back to the hotel from Cowboy on the BTS or even a taxi kills the vibe.

This brings me back to the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit. This hotel has the best location in BKK IMHO. I wanted to stay here on my next trip, but the hotel discount for February is not yet available. I couldn’t wait, so I decided to try the Admiral Premiere. I reserved the Grand Suite which has around 65sq meters, a living room, a kitchen, and a balcony for 2500bt. I think it will be fine and although it is a little further from Cowboy than the Grand Millennium, the larger living space will be a big plus.

P.S. I always book a room for 2 people to avoid any problems. The best BKK hotel breakfasts I have sampled are at the Oriental, the Peninsula and the Four Seasons in that order. If you were staying at the Oriental, and told the concierge you were interested in having the company of a beautiful Thai girl, I wonder what he would come up with and at what cost.

Member #2041
10-02-10, 02:04
plaza athenee is definitely gf. it's my favorite deluxe place when i want to be close to the action in the sukhumvit area, but not too close, if i am meeting associates and civilians whom i don't wish to see the action right in front of them, which can be a problem with the jw marriott, westin, landmark, or sheraton grande. it's about a 15 minute walk to the action, or an ~80-100 baht cab ride (the cab needs to go the wrong way down wireless rd and turn around). it actually makes sense to walk to ground zero around nana, and cab it back with your newly found companion - as the cab ride is much more logical going to the pa from nana area, than vice versa. it's also about 200 meters from the ploenchit bts station for getting to the cowboy area.

recently, they were running some great promotions at the plaza athenee (rooms for around 3000 baht or less all in) but i think those have expired.

of the places nullnull listed, i like the pa when i want to be close but not too close to action, as i described above. if i want to be really close, than i prefer the jw marriott or the sheraton grande. this assumes similar pricing - but i'd stay at any of these places if the particular deal i could get was exceptional.

another option to consider if budget is a consideration, is that there are a whole slew of nice, small boutique type places along the lines of the dream, that have opened in the past few years. most of these are gf, and quite nice, with rooms in the $60-90 a night range. other than the dream, these include: s15, sachas's uno, on8, furamaxclusive, silq, and citichic, among others. these are all several cuts above the normal dives like nana hotel or dynasty inn, and a cut above the majestic suites as well.

as for location, on8 is about 10 meters from [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) while most of the others are pretty close to cowboy.

Fon Tok
10-02-10, 03:56
....This brings me back to the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit. This hotel has the best location in BKK IMHO. I wanted to stay here on my next trip, but the hotel discount for February is not yet available...You can stay right next door at the Tai-Pan Hotel for a fraction of the price of the Grand Millennium. It's a good hotel, GF, and even closer to Soi Cowboy! I recommend the deluxe rooms...

Pita123
10-02-10, 04:52
Steve my crazy friend, ALWAYS stays at the Plaza Athenee when he is in BKK. He owns a home in Phuket and is married to a Thai Lady Doctor. He never fools around. We hook up for dinner whenever we are both in town. The Athenee has nice rooms but I can't say for certain if GF. The breakfast is pretty good. Now that the Renaissance has opened up, the Athenee has some real competition.

The Plaza Athenee is 100% GF. Why do you think that the Renaissance specifically is competition to the Plaza Athenee? Relative to their proximity to other hotels they aren't even near one another.

Barko
10-02-10, 07:52
The Plaza Athenee is 100% GF. Why do you think that the Renaissance specifically is competition to the Plaza Athenee? Relative to their proximity to other hotels they aren't even near one another.Everyone has their own preferences, of course, but I don't much care for the Plaza Athenee (not even the exec floor happy hour.) Staff is OK, but I don't like the rooms at all, not at all. I don't like the food there either. And, try connecting your HDMI/VGA/Audio cable to that retarded TV system they have there, I finally had to call the techs to bring a separate privately reset remote control to make the fucking thing work. As far as distance, the Plaza Athenee is about a quarter of a mile from the Renaissance.

OK, now. The Renaissance is giving all of the 5 star hotels in the area a run for their money. I'm in a high floor "corner room" at this very moment, and am very pleased with basically everything there is here. (Wotif Secret deal: 2800 Baht w/brkfst) And the smartly colorful rooms here are definitely a pleasing departure from the run of the mill Bangkok 5 star hotels these days.

I do like the rooms, and I like this hotel in general. (No, I don't own any stock in Marriott, thank you.) I like the accouterments, the indoor pool, the exceptional food choices (even for breakfast,) the fitness center, the business meeting center, and the staff. All are the best I've encountered in in Bangkok in years. (Breakfast at the Sheraton Grande is still top-dog in this extended general area though.)

This place is totally and absolutely blind eye guest friendly, staff all have open faces without any snobbery whatsoever. They didn't even LOOK at the three of us at all last night as we came waltzing in the door acting like we owned the hotel. Smiles, that's it.

My babies absolutely LOVE this place. Sorry I had to heavily blur the pics of these two cousins because I'd love to show these smokin' hotties off for the world to C. But, I promised that I wouldn't (uni students and long time non-P4P friends.) However, if you look, you CAN see their big smiles beaming away through the all of the blur though.

This particular room is atypical most of the others, it has a much larger work space, a smaller bed-space area, and no foot sofa, but I much prefer this layout for my own personal needs and requirements.

So, here are pics of this room and my thoroughly happy (hard to please) Hi-so bikini loving college girl babies. (Yes, that IS a large mirror right in the sweet spot at the end of the bed and I wish you should see THOSE pics!).

Barko
10-02-10, 10:41
You can stay right next door at the Tai-Pan Hotel for a fraction of the price of the Grand Millennium. It's a good hotel, GF, and even closer to Soi Cowboy! I recommend the deluxe rooms...But you must admit FT, that for the price, there are better places around. Location is perfect, and it used to be a great choice (albeit STILL too much money) but the joint has watched its good days just wander on by. Like that nice cute fruit seller lady in Kampaeng Phet: The lady & goods are still there, and all in the same place, but the she is now old as pomelo, fat as a jackfruit, and about as attractive as an over-ripe banana.

The Tai-Pan needs a major overhaul, and she needs it real soon. There are, in fact, lots of new hotels springing up in the Soi 10-26 & 19-33 areas within the next fiscal year. And my guess is that they will ALL be GF. :D

Thaijuan14
10-02-10, 16:23
Does anyone know anything about the Kingston suites Bangkok?

I will be visiting a friend who lives there (40 minutes from bkk) and he wants me to meet a nurse at a hospital that is nearby.

I want to bring back a nurse (someone who can support herself). If this woman doesn't work out, at least I will be near the hospital to check out more.

I am only planning to partake in the nightlife a little, I want to explore Thailand the country, on my first trip. I have read a lot of posts and I will keep in mind the advices as I circumnavigate my way around this active country.

Thanks for any help.

Fon Tok
10-02-10, 22:19
But you must admit FT, that for the price, there are better places around. Location is perfect, and it used to be a great choice (albeit STILL too much money) but the joint has watched its good days just wander on by. Like that nice cute fruit seller lady in Kampaeng Phet: The lady & goods are still there, and all in the same place, but the she is now old as pomelo, fat as a jackfruit, and about as attractive as an over-ripe banana.

The Tai-Pan needs a major overhaul, and she needs it real soon. There are, in fact, lots of new hotels springing up in the Soi 10-26 & 19-33 areas within the next fiscal year. And my guess is that they will ALL be GF. :DBarko, points all well-taken. I know you know the BKK hotel business better than all of us put together (of course, not including Giotto and Frenchy).

Yet, a short stay at the Tai Pan Hotel makes me a bit feel a bit nostalgic for a time where "flash" was a one-time bulb you exploded on your camera. Plus, if you work it right with booking points (like I do with Agoda), it can be had dirt cheap.

Much like the HBO series Mad Men, the Tai Pan is a reminder that the world has changed a lot in a relatively short time. Just not quite as much for men in Thailand!

BTW, for a peak into my tastes, I still have a near mint condition 1981 BMW 528i in my rarely visited American garage.

Nice shots of your girls, BTW. Chok dee!

Barko
10-03-10, 04:13
Barko, points all well-taken. I know you know the BKK hotel business better than all of us put together (of course, not including Giotto and Frenchy).

Yet, a short stay at the Tai Pan Hotel makes me a bit feel a bit nostalgic for a time where "flash" was a one-time bulb you exploded on your camera. Plus, if you work it right with booking points (like I do with Agoda), it can be had dirt cheap.

Much like the HBO series Mad Men, the Tai Pan is a reminder that the world has changed a lot in a relatively short time. Just not quite as much for men in Thailand!

BTW, for a peak into my tastes, I still have a near mint condition 1981 BMW 528i in my rarely visited American garage.

Nice shots of your girls, BTW. Chok dee!Chok dee!

Good lord Fon Tok, you are truly a man after my own heart. Mine's a Southern California garaged 1980 Porsche 911 SC Weissach with 53,000 miles on it. I get all giddy & smiley inside when I just start it up to drive around at Holiday time in the States. There's just something about the old that transcends anything possible in the new.

Great minds think alike!

Pita123
10-03-10, 08:12

a friend stayed there recently and thought it was a solid 4 star option. A place he'd visit again. It is about 200m down the soi but they have a tuk tuk to get you up to the main drag. Perfectly gf.

Pita123
10-03-10, 08:19
Everyone has their own preferences, of course, but I don't much care for the Plaza Athenee (not even the exec floor happy hour.) Staff is OK, but I don't like the rooms at all, not at all.

As you said we all have our preferences. The room in your pics looks nice, but the lack of space between the foot of the bed and the wall would make me feel cramped. Also I prefer carpeted floors. Still a nice place but I suspect it gives competition to the other hotels that are nearby rather than the Conrad, Plaza Athenee or SGS.

Being that you are in town, we should grab a drink sometime. Maybe FT will join.

Bubba999
10-03-10, 09:24
Hi Guys

The arrival of the American fleet in Pattaya has suggested to me that I move a upcoming quick trip to Bangkok ...most of the forum posts are at the five star end but I was looking for a GF recommendation in the 2000 baht range? in the Sukhumvit area.

Of course if Barko or anyone else can decipher the Wotif Sectet deals and I know they are GF (I got caught badly at Bayoke last year!) then I am happy to go higher...

As ever thanks for help.

Lakeside
10-03-10, 09:46
Hi Guys

The arrival of the American fleet in Pattaya has suggested to me that I move a upcoming quick trip to Bangkok ...most of the forum posts are at the five star end but I was looking for a GF recommendation in the 2000 baht range? in the Sukhumvit area.

Of course if Barko or anyone else can decipher the Wotif Sectet deals and I know they are GF (I got caught badly at Bayoke last year!) then I am happy to go higher...

As ever thanks for help.Have a look at Livingstone's lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 33. They have currently some specials on and the price will match your budget. You can bring 2 grils to your room and they will give you a smile. So absolutely no hassles at all!

Gus69
10-03-10, 10:29
Bubba
There are many decent lower end hotels on the Suk, my recommendations are for Nana end, Magestic Suites and to be near Soi Cowboy City Lodge Soi 19, both should be around 1500, if you are up and about in time Magestic even gives you a brekkie.

Barko
10-03-10, 14:56
I was looking for a GF recommendation in the 2000 baht range? in the Sukhumvit area.Hey Bubba, all under 2000 Baht:

Wotif Secret: FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W59071&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) The old standby, great location at Asoke; Very near the BTS, MRT, and Soi Cowboy, xlnt breakfast. Very hard to fault anything here.

Well liked, but not exactly my top choice. Kingston Suites (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W72891&page=1&viewType=all) OK, but at a nice price and good location.

Admiral Premiere "Premier Studio Special". (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W56697&page=1&viewType=all) Great location, great rooms, everything as it should be. Breakfast is just OK, but definitely do-able IMHO. The pool, baby, it's the pool! (Highly recommended)

At 2030 Baht, and bit further afield on Soi 33, but a great deal for lots of room space: Bless Residence. (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W73387&page=1&viewType=all) A one bedroom suite, with no breakfast, but the place itself is very tasty, with lots of food choices and many oilies right next door. Very very relaxing rooftop pool too.

That's it for now, I'm sure you will get a lot of input from other members as well.

Where-ever you end up, have great fun time in BKK Bubba999! :D

Barko
10-03-10, 16:28
As you said we all have our preferences. The room in your pics looks nice, but the lack of space between the foot of the bed and the wall would make me feel cramped. Also I prefer carpeted floors. Still a nice place but I suspect it gives competition to the other hotels that are nearby rather than the Conrad, Plaza Athenee or SGS.

Being that you are in town, we should grab a drink sometime. Maybe FT will join.Rats, Pita123, I'm back in Phuket tonight. Next time, let's shake the town. Baccara to start? First one's on me.

OK, I understand what you are saying about the perceptive lack of space. When I first looked at the room I was a little put off by the seemingly narrow walkway between the bed and the wall, but ended up liking it because of the much larger and professional looking desk/office space as you enter the room. Also, that "corner" room is actually a full 4 meters larger than the normal room, but my wide angle lens made things look more than a little out of proportion. The space is larger than it looks, for example, that Samsung TV is a full 42" screen, big, wide, super sharp, and right in your face. Man, the girls LOVED THAT TV!

BTW, you can have the Conrad these days. It used to be my base of ops before I got my condo, but dropped it a long time ago along with the Sheraton G, for doing my weekend hobby in the the full one bedroom suites at the Grande CentrePoint Radjadamri. (Still one of the best kept secrets in town, but slowly pricing itself into a realm too high to say that it's the best value at 3750 Baht.)

I did do the S31 for about 3 months during their recent soft opening, great rooms, great pool, but they have now priced their very very limited number of upstairs/downstairs duplexes into total oblivion. The other rooms are also overpriced now as well IMHO. The Millennium Grand was a great deal for a while, but they have now canceled their Wotif secret deal, so they have lost my business there now too.

The Renaissance is now at the top of my weekend hit list, and, after three stays, so far so good. (The bellmen remember my name and the reception gives me a vast choice of rooms, even though I'm using the Wotif secret deal.) But, the word is out, the place is hoppin', and these secret prices aren't going to last for very long at all, guaranteed.

Combo
10-04-10, 02:00
Barko,
Just curious, but how do you know the Wotif Secret deal is the Renaissance?
It sounds like a fantastic place and if I could get it for 2800, it's a no-brainer.

BTW, would it be fair to say it's a long, but doable walk to NEP and Soi Cowboy? (a kilometer or so)

Thanks

Barko
10-04-10, 03:39
Barko,

It sounds like a fantastic place and if I could get it for 2800, it's a no-brainer.

BTW, would it be fair to say it's a long, but doable walk to NEP and Soi Cowboy? (a kilometer or so)

ThanksHey Combo. I do lots of comparison homework, plus I know how many singular hotels & hotel chains do their ad/amenity phrasing. Also, because I travel for work so much, I follow standard hotel pricing and discounts though-out Asia. So, I've stayed at many of these places in the past and most of the Wotif secrets are just easily recognizable. Sure, mostly 5 and 4 star but 2 and 3 are sometimes pretty easy too.

Anyway, I did a report here explaining techniques of hotel deals a long time ago. Doing Wotif secret stuff was in there somewhere too.

OK Combo: You wouldn't be walking to the fun zones, you would take the BTS skytrain, it's the fastest, most economical way of direct transport in Bangkok (the BTS station is a 3 minute walk through a parking lot that is directly in front of the Renaissance.) Then, returning to the hotel with your cutie, you would probably just want to take a taxi back, (40-50 Baht plus tip.) Yep, it's that easy. (Tip: The BTS closes at midnght.)

How do I know it's the Renaissance you ask? I mean, wow, how can I be absolutely sure that it really is the Wotif secret? Because I've stayed there using the secret deal three times! :D

Bubba999
10-04-10, 06:33
Many thanks Barko, Gus and Lakeside for this great feedback. Having the wotif hotels "translated" is a real bonus!

Cheers,
B

Pita123
10-04-10, 06:47
Barko,

ThanksDoable. But why wouldn't you just take the BTS?

Sour Pickle
10-05-10, 01:07
Had a blast of a week in Thailand.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations & suggestions.

Everything was very helpful.

PeterTaylor
10-05-10, 11:07
Hi,

Have to be there as I may have to go to HK rather than enjoy all my break in Patts.

Wondering about the Majestic Suites - a de luxe as I understand rooms are small. Want to visit Nana and Soi Cowboy and MS seems great for the former.

Any better ideas/thoughts?

Peter

Bkk Rookie
10-05-10, 13:55

Thanks for any help.I stayed there last month, and it is GF. They ask for ID, but don't make a scene of it.

Rooms are nice, giving a 4-star sleep experience. Nice bathrooms too.

The hotel is a boutique, so no spa, pool or other frilly stuff, making it a 3-star compared to other properties.

Breakfast is fine, better than the Westin Executive lounge but not as nice as the Westin Buffet (if that helps). Staff is nice, friendly and not the least bit outwardly judgemental.

The tuk-tuk driver was a little fresh, complimenting me on my companion from the night before, but he's young and his intent was genuine and admiration real.

It's now my goto hotel when not staying at the Starwood properties.

Rinky Rock
10-07-10, 04:57
1st trip to Bangkok

I am leaving to Bangkok and Pattaya later this month, would be grateful if someone helps me out regarding hotels to stay in Bangkok and Pattaya. My budget would be around 800 -1000 baht.

Can someone pls let me know GF hotel (no joiner fee) close to action in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Is Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort GF hotel?

Thanks

Pagal Chacha
10-07-10, 21:44
1st trip to Bangkok

I am leaving to Bangkok and Pattaya later this month, would be grateful if someone helps me out regarding hotels to stay in Bangkok and Pattaya. My budget would be around 800 -1000 baht.

Can someone pls let me know GF hotel (no joiner fee) close to action in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Is Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort GF hotel?

ThanksRR,

Try Maxim's inn near Nana station, rooms are 750 and 100 Bats inclusive of simple breakfast, girl friendly good security and reasonably clean.

Hardrock47
10-08-10, 05:01
I will be visiting Bangkok later this month and have shortlisted two possible hotels - (1) Novotel Bangkok at Siam Square and (2) Lebua at The State Tower Hotel. Are these hotels girl friendly, do they have a joiner charge and do they have free internet in the rooms. Any help will be appreciated.

Neufie
10-08-10, 08:37
Have a look at Livingstone's lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 33. They have currently some specials on and the price will match your budget. You can bring 2 grils to your room and they will give you a smile. So absolutely no hassles at all!

I am staying here now, very enjoyable stay so far. I don't think there is a more guest friendly place in BKK!

Boater Boy
10-08-10, 17:21
Hi,

Have to be there as I may have to go to HK rather than enjoy all my break in Patts.

Wondering about the Majestic Suites - a de luxe as I understand rooms are small. Want to visit Nana and Soi Cowboy and MS seems great for the former.

Any better ideas/thoughts?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have just finished a week at Citadines on Soi 11. Rooms are fine, very clean and plenty large enough and the staff are great. Big bonus, it is close to Nana BTS and therefore Nana. Soi Cowboy is about 15 mins walk. Also the hotel has a free TukTuk service down to the Nana BTS station.

Boater Boy

Pat Pong
10-09-10, 20:32
Can anybody confirm that grand President is GF? Last comment about this hotel is 6 months old. Just wondering if anything has changed.

Thx

Pat Pong
10-09-10, 20:33
Can anybody confirm if Grand President is GF? Last comment about this hotel is 6 months old. Just wondering if anything has changed.

Thx

Nullnull
10-10-10, 11:43
Of the places Nullnull listed, I like the PA when I want to be close but not too close to action, as I described above. If I want to be REALLY close, than I prefer the JW Marriott or the Sheraton Grande. This assumes similar pricing - but I'd stay at any of these places if the particular deal I could get was exceptional.
Null, I have stayed at the JW Marriott. It is GF and the room was good, but nothing out of the ordinary for its class.
I agree with everything you wrote about the Grande Centre Point, but it s a question of location, location, location. The Grande Centre Point is fine for daytime activities, but too far from Cowboy to suit me. I want to be within walking distance. Taking a girl back to the hotel from Cowboy on the BTS or even a taxi kills the vibe.

This brings me back to the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit. This hotel has the best location in BKK IMHO.Thank you guys for your advice. It seems that PA, JW Marriott, Sheraton etc. are great hotels but so far I wasn't able to find an offer below 6.000-7.000 baht. That puts these hotels almost in the same price range as The Peninsula. So most definitely I will go back to the Grand Millenium in February unless one of the mentioned hotels will come up with an outstanding offer.

Barko's Renaissance secret Wotif deal also sounds tempting but maybe Natty Bumpo is right with his location "killing the vibe" concerns.

Oh, and may I ask again about the Rembrandt. Really not girlfriendly? Has anyone stayed there recently?

Dreamxxxguy
10-10-10, 19:12
Hi guys,

A a first time visitor to Bangkok have zoomed in to 2 budget hotels.

1. Manhattan hotel(soi 15)

2. The Key hotel(next to asoke bts)

Price is similar but need to know:

1. What would you recommend

2. Are they both girl/guest friendly?

Cheers.

Pwrmnd
10-10-10, 23:52
Can anybody confirm that grand President is GF? Last comment about this hotel is 6 months old. Just wondering if anything has changed.

ThxI haven't been there in the last 6 months, but I think it's very unlikely that anything has changed given their location and typical clientelle.

Key Hotel: I saw a previous report on another board that they are not gf (900 baht joiner fee).

Thaijuan14
10-11-10, 01:54
a friend stayed there recently and thought it was a solid 4 star option. A place he'd visit again. It is about 200m down the soi but they have a tuk tuk to get you up to the main drag. Perfectly gf.Thanks for the response back.

Turns out that after I posted that message, my friend contacted me to say him and his wife will come into BKK to be close to me.

They chose Hotel Bangkapi. Its an apartment according to him. His wife knows the people there and my room will only be $25/day. They plan on taking me to Chiang Mai and Pattaya (2 or 3 days each). They said by staying in the same place, I can checkout and put my bags in their room while we are gone and save money.

Of course, I plan to take many notes for the forum. His wife wants to take me to "good" massage places so that ought to be interesting. Whenever I get back to BKK, they said I can check in to an upscale hotel if I want.

The Mall Bangkapi is next door, I might just stay there or get a nicer hotel near by.

I already have my ticket- $1050 by Delta, 23 long hours from vegas (I hope I get a seat next to a hottie) Its not so much the price but the voyage.

Goyave
10-11-10, 04:29
Hi guys,

A a first time visitor to Bangkok have zoomed in to 2 budget hotels.

1. Manhattan hotel(soi 15)

2. The Key hotel(next to asoke bts)

Price is similar but need to know:

1. What would you recommend

2. Are they both girl/guest friendly?

Cheers.

I stayed at the Manhattan hotel a few years ago and it was girl friendly then (no joiner fee, even when I brought two girls with me). Nice medium-size hotel, large and clean rooms, the location is good and it was then great value for its price.

Allover
10-11-10, 06:05
Pat Pong, I've stayed at Grand President numerous times over the past 10-15 years. It's an excellent hotel choice and I can confirm it is definitely girl friendly.

Gus69
10-11-10, 08:52
Dream
Also the Honey Hotel is guest friendly and budget priced, reasonably close to the action as well, not far from the unfriendly Key.

Crazyazn
10-11-10, 13:41
This is going to be my first time here as well. I'm looking for a place that offers one bedroom suite with Club Lounge access (for the free drink) and good breakfast selection. Laundry service would be great extra too. I've been leaning towards the Millennium Hilton, but the only draw back it's so bloody far from all the "action". Also considering Banyan Tree.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!!

JohnSue
10-11-10, 14:24
This is going to be my first time here as well. I'm looking for a place that offers one bedroom suite with Club Lounge access (for the free drink) and good breakfast selection. Laundry service would be great extra too. I've been leaning towards the Millennium Hilton, but the only draw back it's so bloody far from all the "action". Also considering Banyan Tree.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!!If you like Hilton Group, then try the Conrad on Wireless Road. If you come out the back door it is about 5 mins walk to the bottom of Suk. And 10 mins from Nana Soi 4. I usually stay there, the staff are lovely and don't care who you bring in. They treat the girls very well too. More central and ideal for Soi Cowboy is the Sheraton Grand Sukhaumvit. The Conrad has a great lounge, I assume to Sheraton does too. Both of these have nightclubs on site. Not tried the clubs recently though. (There is also the "Royal Orchid Sheraton" which is on the River so don't get confused although that is okay as well).

Others worth a look are the Marriott (just by Soi 4 on Soi 2) and the Landmark (which will porbably be a lot lower cost than the others).

If you want to monger in Patpong then the Shangri La is probably a 15 min walk. The Sofitel is closer as are a bunch of others.

There are many many good hotels in BKK. Not all are girl friendly though or they may make a joiners fee (like the Amari's).

Good luck!

John

Barko
10-11-10, 14:55
Dream

Also the Honey Hotel is guest friendly and budget priced, reasonably close to the action as well, not far from the unfriendly Key.Wow, I have a friend from Hawaii that SWEARS by the Honey Hotel. He wouldn't stay anywhere else at any price. Blind eye GF, old style but decent rooms, super friendly staff, great location, low key & relaxing, and it's cheap!

The Key has been off the radar for a while now, you never know what you are going to get, there are lots of rooms without windows, and if don't lay down some groundwork, you could very well end up getting screwed by the night front desk guy when you bring your hottie back to the room at 1am.

Yendor
10-11-10, 18:33
...yYou wouldn't be walking to the fun zones, you would take the BTS skytrain, it's the fastest, most economical way of direct transport in Bangkok (the BTS station is a 3 minute walk through a parking lot that is directly in front of the Renaissance.) :D

Barko, The Renaissance looks to be about 1.2 km into Soi 24 from Sukhumvit Road - that seems more than a 3 min walk to me, quite a hike really. have I got the wrong marriott propery? If not, a pity, as the property looks nice and it seems I'll have a couple of days in early Nov to find accom.

Pity indeed that the GM deal has gone.

Cheers, Y

Barko
10-11-10, 19:39
Barko, The Renaissance looks to be about 1.2 km into Soi 24 from Sukhumvit Road - that seems more than a 3 min walk to me, quite a hike really. have I got the wrong marriott propery? If not, a pity, as the property looks nice and it seems I'll have a couple of days in early Nov to find accom.

Pity indeed that the GM deal has gone.

Cheers, YYep, Yendor, you gottem' mixed up. I should have made it a little more clear. Both of these are listed in my Marriott 2800 Baht Wotif secret deal report. (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1072341&postcount=2020)

The Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 24 is the "Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park". Address: 90 Sukhumvit Soi 24 Klongton Klongtoey 10110 BANGKOK. And it IS way down the Soi, directly across from that huge "If it swims, we have it" Seafood restaurant. I used to take the motorcycle taxis from there up to Suk, but it's a pain in the rain.

The "Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel" (owned by Marriott) is over near the Chit Lom BTS station: Ploenchit Road; 10330 BANGKOK The Renaissance is nice because there is the Amarin Shopping Plaza (Starbucks, McD's, Häagen-Dazs, etc.) and the BTS station within 3 minutes walk, virtually just separated by a parking lot right next to the hotel.

From the Renaissance, I can be at the Asoke BTS within 10 minutes, then go under the road by way of the subway (MRT) underpass. Soi Cowboy is right there. Going back, I just tell the taxi, "Amarin Plaza", they all know it, then you just show them where the turn-in is for the hotel. Not bad really, 40 Baht plus tip.

Having the BTS close by is a key element, I won't stay too far away from one any more. So, the Marriott Soi 24, though a really nice studio apartment, has been pretty much X'd off my list of places to play for now.

PM if you want.

Best, B.

Goyave
10-12-10, 04:29
... Also the Honey Hotel is guest friendly and budget priced, reasonably close to the action as well, not far from the unfriendly Key.

The Honey Hotel is indeed a decent enough (IMHO) place to stay and its location (Sukhumvit Soi 19) is good. Their "Single Deluxe" rooms are great value for the money. I wrote a review some time ago: 803255

I would say that the Manhattan hotel is nicer, but the Honey Hotel is cheaper. Both are girl friendly (maybe a bit too much at the Honey Hotel as explained in my previous review).

So far, I have never stayed at The Key Hotel in Bangkok, but I read some reports saying that they try to charge a 500 baht joiner fee per guest there.

Dreamxxxguy
10-12-10, 19:30
The Honey Hotel is indeed a decent enough (IMHO) place to stay and its location (Sukhumvit Soi 19) is good. Their "Single Deluxe" rooms are great value for the money. I wrote a review some time ago: 803255
Thanks Goyave, Gus69, Barko for the reply.

After further inspection the Honey nor the Manhattan have free wi-fi(which i need)
At the Manhattan they charge baht100 for half hour

But GF is very imp. Thinking of spending a bit more and maybe staying at the Kingston suites. Do you guys recommend that?i read it was 100%GF with free wi-fi

If not i may stick to the Manhattan and pay for wi-fi.

Noclew
10-12-10, 20:14
Any thoughts on this place? Likes or dislikes. GF and distance from Suk.

Thanks

Zamalek99
10-13-10, 13:09
Do you have any opinions about rajah mansion in sukhumvit 4? Is it girl friendly? Or do you recommend another serviced apartment with high privacy?

Barko
10-13-10, 14:53
Wotif Secret now cancelled until further notice: FuramaXclusive Asoke-Sukhumvit.

For those that took advantage of it, good work! A great deal while it lasted.

More later.

Best,

B

Barko
10-13-10, 15:26
Another Wotif secret cancellation, and it is another favorite: Hotel Solo, Sukhumvit 2 Bangkok.

As high season approaches, more secrets will be canceling.

More later.

Bkk Rookie
10-13-10, 18:00
But GF is very imp. Thinking of spending a bit more and maybe staying at the Kingston suites. Do you guys recommend that?i read it was 100%GF with free wi-fi

If not i may stick to the Manhattan and pay for wi-fi.Kingston is 100% GF. Good wifi in rooms and two free Internet terminals (laptops) in the lobby.

Duniawala
10-13-10, 21:42
If not i may stick to the Manhattan and pay for wi-fi.
If it boils down to that, i would suggest Ruamchitt Plaza next door. Better rooms an free wi-fi at same price. And totally GF.

Combo
10-14-10, 03:54
Does anyone know what Hotel the Wotif Mystery deal for 2800 Baht in Sukhumvit is? I'm assuming the 2800 Mystery deal in Chidlom & Ploenchit is for the Renaissance. I haven't gotten this Wotif thing down yet!

Thanks

Crazyazn
10-14-10, 03:58
If you like Hilton Group, then try the Conrad on Wireless Road. If you come out the back door it is about 5 mins walk to the bottom of Suk. And 10 mins from Nana Soi 4. I usually stay there, the staff are lovely and don't care who you bring in. They treat the girls very well too. More central and ideal for Soi Cowboy is the Sheraton Grand Sukhaumvit. The Conrad has a great lounge, I assume to Sheraton does too. Both of these have nightclubs on site. Not tried the clubs recently though. (There is also the "Royal Orchid Sheraton" which is on the River so don't get confused although that is okay as well).

Others worth a look are the Marriott (just by Soi 4 on Soi 2) and the Landmark (which will porbably be a lot lower cost than the others).

If you want to monger in Patpong then the Shangri La is probably a 15 min walk. The Sofitel is closer as are a bunch of others.

There are many many good hotels in BKK. Not all are girl friendly though or they may make a joiners fee (like the Amari's).

Good luck!

John

Thanks for the advice john!! I decided to go with JW Marriott on 4 Sukhumvit Road. Great location and with all the same amenities as the hilton. The only draw back is the steep price, but hey you can't ask for these amenities and expect to pay $100 a night. Does anyone know if this location is GF? The reason i asked, is because i read on tripadvisor that they do preform security check on people coming in.

SuperDave
10-14-10, 04:31
Thanks for the advice john!! I decided to go with JW Marriott on 4 Sukhumvit Road. Great location and with all the same amenities as the hilton. The only draw back is the steep price, but hey you can't ask for these amenities and expect to pay $100 a night. Does anyone know if this location is GF? The reason i asked, is because i read on tripadvisor that they do preform security check on people coming in.JW is definitely GF, they perform security checks on everybody because Marriotts have been targeted by terrorists several times in other countries.

Member #4351
10-14-10, 09:11
Zamalek99,

Many girls think that there are ghosts there and are scared of the place. I think it used to be some kind of hospice or clinic or something and a lot of people died on the premises. Maybe somebody else can comment on this.

Barko
10-14-10, 12:44
Does anyone know what Hotel the Wotif Mystery deal for 2800 Baht in Sukhumvit is? I'm assuming the 2800 Mystery deal in Chidlom & Ploenchit is for the Renaissance. I haven't gotten this Wotif thing down yet!

ThanksYou're welcome.

Posted three weeks ago the day they appeared: Marriott Wotif Secret deals (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1072341&postcount=2020)

I suppose I'll have to start keeping a rolling linkage weekly cheat sheet on these Wotif secret thingies. Some people get an attitude when they have to repeat things, not me, nope, not me! :D

Gus69
10-14-10, 18:05
"Many girls think that there are ghosts there and are scared of the place"

Guess that means the girls get the Willies there:)

Hobbyist2
10-14-10, 21:06
Any one stay at the Dynasty Inn lately or do you know if it is a decent place to stay? I don't know if it went down hill or not, but in the past I have heard good things about it. This will be my first trip (Feb) and would like to be close to Nana. Only plan to be in Bangkok for three nights then on to Patts and Phuket then back to Bangkok. I would like an in room safe and internet. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

Combo
10-14-10, 23:00
I was just confused because your post says Siam for the Renaissance. Whereas on the Wotif site, it seems to be under Chitlom-Ploenchitt. Maybe it's the same area, but I'm not too familiar with BKK neighborhoods.

Barko
10-15-10, 06:18
I was just confused because your post says Siam for the Renaissance. Whereas on the Wotif site, it seems to be under Chitlom-Ploenchitt. Maybe it's the same area, but I'm not too familiar with BKK neighborhoods.Hey Combo, it was first listed as being located in Siam, that's how I originally snagged it. Wotif Siam Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotels/thailand-bangkok-siam-hotels.html)

There seems to be a lot of movement in the Wotif Secrets these days, I'll push a full update this weekend (or asap) for what's happening now.

Allover
10-15-10, 06:41
On my last BKK visit I stay at Grand President. There was a seemingly new, high rise hotel next door to it. Is that President Palace? I never saw it being built and I noticed it for the first time recently. Was this hotel recently opened? How does it compare to Grand Pres in cost and rooms?

1Ball
10-15-10, 07:44
Yes, that is the President Palace, part of the President Park Group. it is much newer than the GP, and has nicer amenities. I took advantage of it a couple times this year, as it was 1500 bt per night, ABF included, via the Wotif secret deal, but is no longer available as the secret deal.

If the GP and the PP were same price, I would take the PP over the GP any day of the week. of course, 100% GF, they take the ID of the girl.

On my last BKK visit I stay at Grand President. There was a seemingly new, high rise hotel next door to it. Is that President Palace? I never saw it being built and I noticed it for the first time recently. Was this hotel recently opened? How does it compare to Grand Pres in cost and rooms?

Yendor
10-15-10, 08:53
I see the Conrad is available at the 'wot hotel' for around THB 4025.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5186&page=4&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2010-11-08

Nice enough, but even at THB 4000....pricey. Saving grace might be upgrade to 54sqm corner room and late checkout.

Cheers, Y

Dreams1973
10-15-10, 16:56
Can somebody tell me if dawin hotel in nana is GF? Can I have some problems (ID request, or extra charge) if I take girls there?

Thanks

Harry Dude
10-15-10, 18:34
During my last two trips to BKK I've stayed at Livingstones Lodge and thoroughly enjoyed it. What I do miss though is to be able to relax in the sun with a book and a cold beer during the morning and mid-day, while planning the evening ahead. So - my ideal hotel would have a private terrace or balcony for quiet relaxing and reading, and of course be GF and within 10-20 minutes of taxi ride to Nana and Soi Cowboy.

I have read through the forums, and searched for hotels on lots of sites, but it is hard to find something that fits my needs.

Drogue
10-15-10, 19:49
Can somebody tell me if dawin hotel in nana is GF? Can I have some problems (ID request, or extra charge) if I take girls there?

Thanks

Have stayed at the Dawin the past 7-8 times I have come to BKK. Girl friendly...just need to leave her ID card at the front desk. No extra charges. Very nice rooms.

Drogue
10-15-10, 19:53
Any one stay at the Dynasty Inn lately or do you know if it is a decent place to stay? I don't know if it went down hill or not, but in the past I have heard good things about it. This will be my first trip (Feb) and would like to be close to Nana. Only plan to be in Bangkok for three nights then on to Patts and Phuket then back to Bangkok. I would like an in room safe and internet. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

The Dynasty Inn and Dawin are part of the same group. The Dynasty Inn is very near to NEP and is a pretty good hotel. Not as good as the Dawin but close....

Bugzy 69
10-16-10, 07:39
Any reviews on this one guys?

Ruamchitt Plaza in soi 15. (if gf & rooms condition reviews mainly).

As I'm familiar with the area.

JohnSue
10-16-10, 16:22
Thanks for the advice john!! I decided to go with JW Marriott on 4 Sukhumvit Road. Great location and with all the same amenities as the hilton. The only draw back is the steep price, but hey you can't ask for these amenities and expect to pay $100 a night. Does anyone know if this location is GF? The reason i asked, is because i read on tripadvisor that they do preform security check on people coming in.I remember reading on another site that the JW was so girl friendly, if you walked in without a girl they would try and find you one. (that was a joke, he it was certainly gf). As SuperDave says, Marriotts have been targetted, particularly in Jakarta, so they will check ID's. I many parts of Asia you actually pass through a metal detector on the way in to hotels and shopping malls, so get used to it if you travelling in Asia!

Odd thing is, the Conrad, part of the Hilton Group, doesn't even check ID's even though it is one hotel the US Embassy use. However, I think it is locally owned, so that could be the difference. It also has cameras all over the place.

1Ball
10-16-10, 16:33
Duniawala has writen about this place many many times.

PogoStick
10-16-10, 17:24
I stayed at the PP on my last trip and it was fantastic. I booked thru agoda and don't remember what I paid, but for about $US10 more I took the club floor and it was well worth the upgrade! The service in the lounge was over the top for breakfast and happy hour. The club floor also gets you 2 pieces of laundry per day and half the stuff in the mini bar is free, including beers etc. Lots of other perks as well

Totally GF, IDs checked at the bell stand. Great location.

pogo

Yes, that is the President Palace, part of the President Park Group. it is much newer than the GP, and has nicer amenities. I took advantage of it a couple times this year, as it was 1500 bt per night, ABF included, via the Wotif secret deal, but is no longer available as the secret deal.

If the GP and the PP were same price, I would take the PP over the GP any day of the week. of course, 100% GF, they take the ID of the girl.

Rjsss212
10-16-10, 19:29

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5186&page=4&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2010-11-08

Nice enough, but even at THB 4000....pricey. Saving grace might be upgrade to 54sqm corner room and late checkout.

Cheers, Y

Yea, its a little pricey. But, you can use the location to your advantage and easily save money in other ways. You are a short walk to a night market where you might work some of the pretty coyote like girls. There is also a wealth of cheap chicken across the street on wireless rd. at night - no bar fine, taxi or lady drinks. Also an easy walk to Nana and close to skytrain. And probably a pretty nice hotel.

Worth considering...

Yendor
10-17-10, 17:49
Yea, its a little pricey. But, you can use the location to your advantage and easily save money in other ways. You are a short walk to a night market where you might work some of the pretty coyote like girls. There is also a wealth of cheap chicken across the street on wireless rd. at night - no bar fine, taxi or lady drinks. Also an easy walk to Nana and close to skytrain. And probably a pretty nice hotel.

Worth considering...

Oh, it is nice enough - I've stayed before.

JohnSue
10-18-10, 11:52

Cheers, YI spent a lot of time in the Conrad and it is very nice. It even has a nice pool considering where it is. It just depends whether it is within your budget and that is where you want to stay. It's ten mins walk from Nana and the Skytrain is probably a bit closer.

If you are walking to Sukhumvit it is best to leave the rear of the hotel on Ruam Rudee (by the ballroom). Either go out of the back of the lobby through the shopping centre (past the medical centre), this door out of the shops closes at 10pm though, or better go through the Conrad residences entrance when you leave the lifts just turn the opposite way to the lobby.

J.

Duniawala
10-19-10, 18:02

They get concerned if you take more than 2 girls to the room. Rooms are clean and decent. Try for the room at the end of the corridor. It is a lot bigger than the others.

Jgm005
10-19-10, 21:14
Received this email on a sale. Only one that looks good, to me, is Park Plaza Sukhumvit at 1999bt. Barko would know if others are a good deal.

http://www.wotif.com/search/WotsOn?category=1233979

Barko
10-21-10, 12:03
Received this email on a sale. Only one that looks good, to me, is Park Plaza Sukhumvit at 1999bt. Barko would know if others are a good deal.

http://www.wotif.com/search/WotsOn?category=1233979The Park Plaza is worth the 1999 Baht:

For just 100 Baht more than the Soi 16 Citadines, and 2800 Baht LESS than the Ma Du Zi, the Park Plaza is very well worth the money. Perfect location, nice rooms, GF, and Soi Cowboy chicks really like it a lot. (And, again, did I mention location?: NO taxi required from SC, it's just 100 metres on the other side of Sukhumvit.)

The rest of the places on the list are just too close to their standard pricing, (and some are even more, go figure.)

Good report Jgm005. Keeping everybody updated on the good stuff is what this board is all about!

Bamboo Pete
10-24-10, 07:27
This hotel has a perfect location. Just 2 walking minutes to Soi Cowboy and just a few minutes more to Asok station. The place is 100% gf, never had a problem to bring a girl, or to let her pass in case of outcall.

I like studios as they are styled like little appartments, which is quite nice if you get a visitor, as I did (outcall from Mango and Snow White see other forum)

It's also quite practical that the safe is big enough for a 15'' laptop.

From my room I could look to Soi Cowboy.

It's worth to compare the prices, I took the cheapest room, Superior Studio.

Price offers for 3 nights with breakfast (total):

Jasmine Home Page: 8400 THB

Agoda: 6714 THB

Wotif: 6890 THB

Asia Rooms 7017 THB

Asia Travel: 8550 THB

R24, w/o Breakf.: 6600 THB

Breakfast is quite good, but I missed it two times, so I should have booked R24 instead of Agoda. But I'm sure if you check with other dates, you'll get another one cheapest.

Hotel is very pleasant, but some things I don't like: internet in the room costs 350 B, in lobby is free. Swimming pool is between the two towers, almost no sunshine. If you love the sun, you won't like this hotel. As me, I won't book it anymore.

Barko
10-25-10, 03:28
This hotel has a perfect location. Just 2 walking minutes to Soi CowboyJasmine City is in dire need of a major face-lift, but the location is impossible to beat.

Consider: Soi Cowboy to your Jasmine hotel room = one minute, (but if you're like me and have had 8 tequilas and are happily stumbling back to the hotel dragging two blistering hot Baccara Bar babies it actually MIGHT take two minutes.)

Great report Bamboo Pete. Thanks for the update!

Somewhere15
10-25-10, 08:15

FranphilI stayed in Phachara Suite for some weeks and they are allow you to bring in one (or more) ladies.

Before arriving I requested what their policy was and they mentioned (my words) "you are more then welcome to bring a friend to the room but you have to register this upfront on the reception desk".

In praktice I brought in several girls and I never register them on the reception desks and even where you recognize me (and should now thay I stayed allone) nobody ever asked anything :)

Palatino314
10-25-10, 18:23
I'm booked at the four seasons in Bangkok in mid-December. Anyone know if it's gf? Any tips on bringing girls outcall into a hotel like this?

Thanks!

Bubba999
10-27-10, 06:07
Walk in like you own the place!

I'm booked at the four seasons in Bangkok in mid-December. Anyone know if it's gf? Any tips on bringing girls outcall into a hotel like this?
!

Rosco4444
10-27-10, 10:58
"Many girls think that there are ghosts there and are scared of the place"

Guess that means the girls get the Willies there:)

Thats true! It happened in my room one night! ;-)

Rosco

Palatino314
10-27-10, 21:11
Walk in like you own the place!Thanks, bubba. So you think it will be generally ok at a place like the four seasons? Are they gonna call me out on it or do they just look the other way?

Barko
10-28-10, 07:58
Thanks, bubba. So you think it will be generally ok at a place like the four seasons? Are they gonna call me out on it or do they just look the other way?They don't even look up, much less the other way.

Newspaper under one arm, your hottie on the other, smile, you're having the time of your life. Make sure that you book for 2 persons. It's probably not a good idea to be dragging 3 or more totally blitzed trashed-out bimbos from the Nana parking lot, otherwise some ugly old dye haired Thai broad might actually raise an eyebrow (or some such shit.)

After you have checked in, and the bellman takes your bags up to your room, stand there and talk to him, make friends, be cool, tell him that you are bringing girlfriends to your room every day/night while handing him a nice tip. Done deal, a greased palm never forgets.

Benz's and Bimmers take no prisoners going in and out of there, watch your step. Also, be aware that the guards do this scary heel clack thing with a big snappy salute, (you don't have to salute back.)

Seriously, not to worry Palatino. The Four Seasons is blind eye GF.

PeterTaylor
10-28-10, 15:39
Guys,

Any thoughts on this one for a man who wnts to explore the delights of both Nana and Cowboy, with forays to Beergarden and a couple of massages?

Offering 3 nights in the President Suite including ABF and wifi for around £60 per night includding taxes. alsooffering the President Club Floor for £64 per night, but don't explain extras. GF? Stayed at the Majestic Grande last time, but they want £70 plus charge for wifi.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

Red Square
10-29-10, 05:12
Alrighty, I'm just back from Bangkok and I stayed at Giotto's Livingstone Lodge.

It was definitely girl friendly, the rooms were nice, simple, clean, and comfortable. The air conditioning was fantastic and easily controlled. Finally, the rooms are very reasonably priced, for the quality.

I found the breakfasts to be pretty good, and the time is very flexible, as they'll make you something whenever you wake up for it.

The location is sound for all sorts, really. It's located right next to the Skytrain, and there is the Sukhumvit Street market just about 10 minutes walk. I found it really convenient.

Of course, it's extremely convenient for all manner of sexual tomfoolery, as well!

The staff was really nice, and helpful, and Aunty Guido defies the weather with slacks and dress shirts consistently. What more can you ask for?

Paul2020
10-30-10, 02:25
Guys,

Offering 3 nights in the President Suite including ABF and wifi for around £60 per night includding taxes. alsooffering the President Club Floor for £64 per night, but don't explain extras. GF? Stayed at the Majestic Grande last time, but they want £70 plus charge for wifi.

Peter
I stayed there in August for 3 days. Booked via Agoda. They had a special stay 3 nights pay for 2 was $198 for the 3 nights. Included free Wifi and breakfast buffet. Definitely GF. A bonus was free entry to Q-Bar and another nearby night club which is just where a non working girl wanted to go.

Rjsss212
10-30-10, 20:52

Thanks!

You'll have no problem bringing them back (as others have mentioned) but it might actually be in your best interest, on certain occasions to have her ID held at the front desk. This is a powerful tool and hopefully you wont need it but you might so I suggest you take 5 minutes one nite and watch how the bell desk handles all the incoming. Or, if you have some doubts about her and dont want to involve the hotel, ask her for her ID in the cab and fake giving it to the bellman, palm it and hold it with your money, giving the bellman a couple of bhat instead. If things go south then having her card gives you a lot of control...

AlLostInSpace13
10-31-10, 04:51

Thanks!

Stayed at that hotel on my 1st trip to Bangkok. Nice hotel but so far away from Nana! And I made the fatal mistake of taking a hotel taxi to massage parlor too! Ouch!

Barko
11-01-10, 18:48
High season Bangkok update, (as promised.):

My thanks to you for your PMs and words of support here on the board. I do this for you guys only. Here we go, this is all of the 16 available as of today, Tuesday, November 2, 12:40AM Bangkok Time:
(SYSOPs, for consistency please leave syntax as is.)

Wotif "Wot Hotel" Secret deals: Bangkok

FIVE STAR:

Conrad Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5186&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Wireless: 4025฿ *
Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4422&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 24: 2800฿ *
Marriott Executive Apartments, Sathorn Vista (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4446&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sathorn Soi 3: 2800฿ *
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Ploenchit Road: 2800฿ *
Le Meridien Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2561&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Surawongse Silom: 3500฿
Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5086&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Rajdamri: 2700฿
Dusit Thani, Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W72456&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Rama IV Road: 2699฿

FOUR & ONE HALF STAR:

FuramaXclusive Sathorn – Silom (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5126&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Silom Road: 1400฿
Dream Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 15: 2499฿ *
Ramada D’MA Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50635&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) New Petchburi, Makkasan: 1399฿
Rembrandt Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5626&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Rd Soi 18: 1999฿

FOUR STAR:

Kingston Suites Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5366&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 15: 1400-1500฿ *
Bel-Aire Princess Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 5: 1399฿
Grand President Hotel Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W65699&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 11: 1499฿
Prince Palace Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W73264&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Damrongrak: 1099฿

THREE AND A HALF STAR:

This is the only one I am not 100% sure of, let's call it 99.999% and wait for somebody willing to roll the dice to confirm:
Le Fenix Sukhumvit by Accor (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W53939&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 11: 1415฿

That's it, hope I didn't miss anything, I'm totally wiped out. If you see any errors please alert me to them right away.

(* = recommended, a pretty decent deal for the money.)

Hope this helps you guys save some dough! (Get 'em before they disappear. After I post them here, they do get hammered HARD. Lurkers ahoy!) You aren't going to get this kind of info anywhere else.

More later.

Best, B.

Uzinuzin
11-03-10, 01:15
Barko, this is very interesting, in fact I'm about to book a place and with this I can save quite a bit. But have you actually tried it yourself ? It's not a trick or anything...

For example I know quite a few place in Soi 15 or Soi 11, could they just trick you with a few spec of one place and then give you another. I mean after all some of the descriptions could apply to a few similar places in the same street... !?

Some more info/confirmation would give me courage to go for one of these...

(I thought I could also just do for one night and if that was OK try more nights - if a bait & switch then just loose one night rent. It says no cancellation/refund, right !?)

---> Edit: No need to reply, I just looked back at some of your previous posts, you clearly have used this successfully before, thanks.

Bubba999
11-03-10, 07:28
Barko, this is very interesting, in fact I'm about to book a place and with this I can save quite a bit. But have you actually tried it yourself ? It's not a trick or anything...

Wotif and these deals are reputable and secure - no need to worry.

I was thinking about the Rembrandt Hotel based on these prices but just got this response to an enquiry.."Our Joiner Policy is THB 1000 per person per night and ID Card must be kept with our Security"

Solves that problem I guess!

Thanks again to Barko.

B

Britisher
11-03-10, 11:28

My thanks to you for your PMs and words of support here on the board. I do this for you guys only. Here we go, this is all of the 16 available as of today, Tuesday, November 2, 12:40AM Bangkok Time:
(SYSOPs, for consistency please leave syntax as is.)

Wotif "Wot Hotel" Secret deals: Bangkok

FIVE STAR:

Conrad Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5186&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Wireless: 4025฿ *
Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4422&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 24: 2800฿ *
Marriott Executive Apartments, Sathorn Vista (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4446&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sathorn Soi 3: 2800฿ *
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Ploenchit Road: 2800฿ *
Le Meridien Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2561&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Surawongse Silom: 3500฿
Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5086&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Rajdamri: 2700฿
Dusit Thani, Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W72456&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Rama IV Road: 2699฿

FOUR & ONE HALF STAR:

FuramaXclusive Sathorn – Silom (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5126&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Silom Road: 1400฿
Dream Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 15: 2499฿ *
Ramada D’MA Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W50635&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) New Petchburi, Makkasan: 1399฿
Rembrandt Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5626&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Rd Soi 18: 1999฿

FOUR STAR:

Kingston Suites Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5366&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 15: 1400-1500฿ *
Bel-Aire Princess Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 5: 1399฿
Grand President Hotel Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W65699&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 11: 1499฿
Prince Palace Hotel (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W73264&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Damrongrak: 1099฿

THREE AND A HALF STAR:

This is the only one I am not 100% sure of, let's call it 99.999% and wait for somebody willing to roll the dice to confirm:
Le Fenix Sukhumvit by Accor (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W53939&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) Sukhumvit Soi 11: 1415฿

That's it, hope I didn't miss anything, I'm totally wiped out. If you see any errors please alert me to them right away.

(* = recommended, a pretty decent deal for the money.)

Hope this helps you guys save some dough! (Get 'em before they disappear. After I post them here, they do get hammered HARD. Lurkers ahoy!) You aren't going to get this kind of info anywhere else.

More later.

Best, B.Thank you for posting this information. However, how does one get these rates, as mentioned? Any particular website?

And I see you have not mentioned any hotels in Soi 4 near the action.

How will you rate Omni Towers in Soi 4 as compared to others mentioned above.

Thanks

Rosco4444
11-03-10, 13:27
I just grabbed a slice of 1499bt a night at the Grand President.

A bargain at that for Soi 11 with room for 2 and brekky included.

Many thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Rosco

Bubba999
11-03-10, 20:44
Thank you for posting this information. However, how does one get these rates, as mentioned? Any particular website?

Just click on the link!! Couldn't be easier!

BionicMan
11-03-10, 21:23
Thank you for posting this information. However, how does one get these rates, as mentioned? Any particular website?

Thanks
JW Marriott in the closests to Soi 4, also Sheraton Grande not far but.... they might not offer those deals so not listed.

Kumar Arun
11-03-10, 21:36
Last time I stayed at Boss suites, this time since its a shorter stay, thinking of pampering myself with little more luxury.

But I liked the location of my last stay (main selling point was Indian restaurant close to Grace hotel which is in walking distance), I want to stick to same neighborhood.

So little bit research and have kinda inclined to choose Grand Sukhumvit Hotel.

Need expert advice from LOS mongering gurus out there.

My budget is about 4K BHT per night.

Breakfast not a must but WiFi is.

Like to have microwave oven in the room.!

I know its girl friendly but what about if I carry third arm candy?

I'm coming there with a close friend of mine who is kinda small time celebrity back home and his fantasy to have sex without curtains closed. (even I wud like to try that one,. Never done before)

Jacuzzi might be a bonus.

Just don't know how to work for another 5 weeks.! Before I touch down again in LOS.

Keep it flowing bros.

Thanks and Cheers,

AK

BKK Dreaming
11-04-10, 03:28

More later.
Best, B.

thanks for the update, I would never have found these by myself !

I am going to change my Hotel the next trip, try and get a little farther away from Nana so that "normal" TGs will not thing that I am what I really am :)

BK

Barko
11-04-10, 05:11

ThanksHey Captain.

I'm going to toot my own horn a little here, so bear with me.

These are "secret" deals that are listed on the hotel booking website "wotif.com". Just click on this link: Wotif Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotels/thailand-bangkok-hotels.html). Now, you see all the hotels that they offer? Well the 'secret' "Wot Hotel" listings are in black, (and they are heavily discounted from the original rates.)

Most of the secrets are fairly difficult to figure out, it takes a lot of burned up/out time, dipshit pitbull patience, and maybe even a little dumbass experience to be able to tell which hotel they actually are. But, screw it, I've been working on these "secrets" for over two years now and it's not so hard any more, most of them have some sort of significant 'tell' that essentially becomes plain as day.

I then pass the info on here to ISG Thailand, (and I've never seen the secrets published in bulk anywhere else. Yep. Not anywhere!)

Now, take a good look at those secret deals, compare the prices to the already discounted rates listed on Wotif. I think you will find that the amount saved on each "secret" represents some very serious money, in fact in most cases, they are virtually unbeatable anywhere.

Alrighty then. After I figure out what's what with the secrets, I generally book the deals myself. I then list ALL OF THE SECRETS here on the board, but put a * next to the places that I personally think are an especially good deal.

After all that, I (painstakingly) do all of the bulletin board linkage syntax by hand, so all you have to do is click on the highlighted text link and it takes you directly to the secret. (T'ain't no secret no mo'! Savvy?)

Oh, BTW, the Omni Tower basically sucks ass, it's dirty and the staff are dullards & lazy shits. But, they have done some upgrading and I haven't gotten any reports recently on what's good or bad about it now. Most mongers here in Bangkok know better and find places that are actually worth the money. *

* HINT: For first timers to BKK, or otherwise, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Livingstone's Lodge (http://www.livingstones.co.th/) and it should be considered THE mandatory place to stay before venturing into any other venues in Bangkok. Try it once, you'll see why I make mention of it here. You may think that you want to be near all the action, but at Livingstone's you can just as easily make your own, and it's easy! Decent rooms, friendly staff, sexy chicks, great food, and a terrific bar/pool scene. What else you want in Bangkok?

Let me know if I can help do anything regarding your hotel choices.

Best, B.

Fon Tok
11-04-10, 07:13
...I've been working on these "secrets" for over two years now and it's not so hard any more, most of them have some sort of significant 'tell' that essentially becomes plain as day...I then pass the info on here to ISG Thailand, (and I've never seen the secrets published in bulk anywhere else. Yep. Not anywhere!)

* HINT: For first timers to BKK, or otherwise, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Livingstone's Lodge (http://www.livingstones.co.th/) and it should be considered THE mandatory place to stay before venturing into any other venues in Bangkok. Try it once, you'll see why I make mention of it here. You may think that you want to be near all the action, but at Livingstone's you can just as easily make your own, and it's easy! Decent rooms, friendly staff, sexy chicks, great food, and a terrific bar/pool scene. What else you want in Bangkok?
Barko, you da Man!

I used your advice recently and spent a couple of nights at the Millennium Hilton. It was cheap and a great experience! And, I live in Bangkok...

I agree with you about Livingstone's Lodge as an excellent first choice for newbies. I've stayed there many times and always enjoy it. There's a lot to like within a short walk of this hotel.

Au Boat Boy
11-04-10, 11:47
Just booked the Jasmine executive suites for Sunday night, seemed a great deal at $100 for a Jacuzzi suite.

First time to Bangkok scene and looking forward to seeing it all. a short list of must see's would be really appreciated.

Levitraboner
11-05-10, 05:17
My wing man and I prefer to share a room. It just makes it easier to stay organized. That way we don't loose track of each other and occasionally we can switch partners. Accidentally of course. My question is does it exhist in Bangkok. A room with 2 queen beds reasonably priced? Thanks for you help. And even if you don't know thanks for everything else.

Doc 50
11-05-10, 08:26
Anyone familiar with Crazy Rates at BKK hotels.

Apparently new promotion, but would like to find out which serviced apt. they have on offer before booking.

Anybody tried it?

Kind of like Wotif.com concept.

They won't tell until you book it.

Thanks,

Doc

Boater Boy
11-05-10, 12:34
My wing man and I prefer to share a room. It just makes it easier to stay organized. That way we don't loose track of each other and occasionally we can switch partners. Accidentally of course. My question is does it exhist in Bangkok. A room with 2 queen beds reasonably priced? Thanks for you help. And even if you don't know thanks for everything else.

Hi,

I usually stay at the Citadines on Soi 11. They do have 2 bedroom apartments, however not sure if both rooms have double beds as I always take the single room. Maybe drop them a mail or call.

http://www2.citadines.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_11.html

Boater Boy

Barko
11-05-10, 15:12
My wing man and I prefer to share a room. It just makes it easier to stay organized. That way we don't loose track of each other and occasionally we can switch partners. Accidentally of course. My question is does it exhist in Bangkok. A room with 2 queen beds reasonably priced? Thanks for you help. And even if you don't know thanks for everything else.Hate to say but will readily admit: I'm really not up on mid-priced hotels with two large beds in the room. (And, I can only report on places that I know are 100% sure to be a positive thing. OK, right?) So, here are a couple, and my apologies if they aren't really what you are looking for, at least I gave it my best shot. Both 5 star:

#1: IMHO, it's the best deal in town for a room with two beds, actually it's a two bedroom suite: Wotif: Hotel Shama (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W84368&page=1&viewType=all) 3880 Baht.

The address and front entrance is on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but the back entrance is right smack on Soi 4 (Nana) and a big 30 seconds away from Nana Plaza. The place is brand new, I have stayed there twice in the last 5 weeks. Can somebody say "Party Central!" ten times real fast? Living room with 42" Sony LCD, a monster sound system w/sub, a full kitchen, and two good sized bedrooms. The only drawback might be that the second bedroom has two twin beds, but you can have the staff pull the bedstand out from the center of the beds and have the two made into one. I think they just put a king sized mattress over the two twin boxsprings, but it might depend on how many nights you guys are staying.

Anyway give it a look, here is the photo spread for the hotel's website: Shama Serviced Apts Pics (http://www.shama.com/index.php?_room=2&city_id=6&property_id=17) I have turned several ISG members on to this hotel via PM, everybody has done exceptionally well there, and yes, it IS blind eye GF.

#2: Book the Secret deal at the Renaissance on Ploenchit (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662) for 2800 Baht. When you do the actual secret booking, check the radio button for 'two beds'. The two beds are large, and the room is superb. Again, 100% GF.

That's all I got. Probably not what you are looking for, but again, at least I tried.

Have fun Levitraboner, no matter where you stay.

Levitraboner
11-06-10, 03:51
Do you suppose they would care about exceeding the 2 person room limit at the Renaissance? I would do Shama but intend to move to pattaya after 1 day.

Barko
11-06-10, 07:45
Do you suppose they would care about exceeding the 2 person room limit at the Renaissance? I would do Shama but intend to move to pattaya after 1 day.Hey Levitraboner.

My experiences at the Renaissance have been very very good. The guards only seem to care to make sure that you go through the metal detector. Nothing is ever asked about IDs, room numbers, who's in what room, NOTHING.

But then, I do a little groundwork first: I grease the palm of the bellman pretty good when I check in, memorize his name, then say Hello, to him again and make a good smiley presence of myself in the foyer before I go out. This only takes a few seconds, but it's part of my strategy of making sure that I'm going to be cool with bringing a couple or three totally smashed giggly high-heel-clickity-clicking chicks back to my room (which happens more often than not.)

So then, the guards and bellmen remember me OK, and they just give me a fine howdy-doodie welcome home when I show up back at the hotel, (no matter how many fine babies I have in tow!)

I am quite sure that you guys will experience very much the same.

Mybad Really
11-06-10, 08:37
Hey Captain.

I'm going to toot my own horn a little here, so bear with me.

These are "secret" deals that are listed on the hotel booking website "wotif.com". Just click on this link: Wotif Bangkok (http://www.wotif.com/hotels/thailand-bangkok-hotels.html). Now, you see all the hotels that they offer? Well the 'secret' "Wot Hotel" listings are in black, (and they are heavily discounted from the original rates.)

Best, B.Thanks for that Barko, I booked the Conrad (Deluxe Corner Room) for $AUD130 p/n, and to think I almost paid over $270. meh!

Kumar Arun
11-06-10, 13:28
#1: IMHO, it's the best deal in town for a room with two beds, actually it's a two bedroom suite: Wotif: Hotel Shama (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W84368&page=1&viewType=all) 3880 Baht. Thanks a TON big Bro Barko. You are an angel. Just booked two rooms for three days at shama for 18K. Love you. I'm in LOS from 26/12. Will buy a beer or two.

Cheers

AK

Levitraboner
11-06-10, 15:57
I feel this is a useful topic as it seems lots of mongers have wingmen. I know you, Barko, are the goto guy for hotels in Bangkok, but have you any knowledge of rooms for 4 in Pattaya? Your dedication is very much appreciated. I would love to buy you a few beers as well if you are in town 11/27.

Cheers,

LB

Yujin
11-06-10, 19:37
Hotel: Omni Tower, Soi 4
Date of Reviewer’s Stay: October 2010 (low season)

The Omni Tower is a serviced residence with owner occupied units and short / long term rentals. There’s a diverse ethnic background of guests. Most families, i.e., wives, kids, grandparents, appear to be Arabic and Indian. The other guests were mostly men from Japan, the Middle East, USA, Australia, and western Europe. There were also some fairly attractive young women from India who appear to be long-term residents.

PROS:

Location is close to Nana BTS station (shortcut using Soi 6). A free tuk-tuk shuttle is available from the hotel to Sukhumvit Road which I used only when I checked-out since it was easier than hauling my luggage down the road.

Location is close to NEP and other adult entertainment venues.

Room rates are discounted if you advance book through their Internet site and pre-pay. For my 9-day stay in October 2010, I paid 12,231 baht (US $410) or 1,359 baht (US $46) per night inclusive of all taxes and fees. (The hotel took a 2,000 baht damage deposit when I checked in; however, the front desk tore up the credit card charge slip when I checked out without even inspecting my room.)

Different sized rooms are available. I stayed in a studio (smallest available) which I found HUGE. It would have been easily comfortable for two people. (see photos)

Non-smoking rooms are available if you ask for one.

Rooms have a small safe to secure your valuables, but too small for most most laptops. (see photos)

Rooms have lots of amenities, e.g., refrigerator stocked with two bottles of water everyday, microwave, toaster, hot water pot, flatware, dishes, hair dryer, lots of closet space. (see photos)

Free American or Continental breakfast is available. If a large group arrives, the kitchen staff (two people) can be overwhelmed; but I never encountered that problem.

Six elevators are available so the wait is short.

24-hour security guard is posted at the elevator. In addition to your room key, you’re given a swipe pass card for access to the elevators. You also keep your room key with you instead of dropping it at the front desk and you can keep the air conditioner on when you leave the room

Hotel is girl friendly. The girls have to surrender their IDs to the security guard. I don’t think there’s a limit to how many girls are allowed since I saw a guy bring back four girls to his room without any problem.

Nice sized swimming pool with good sun exposure. (see photo)

Exercise room with old, but usable cardio machines and some free weights. (see photo)

Token operated washers and dryers are available. (see photo) If you don’t have much laundry, it’s probably cheaper and more convenient to drop off your dirty laundry across the street at a small shop.

Cable TV with a wide range of different language channels. English language channels included CNN, HBO, BBC, CNBC, ESPN, Discovery, etc. It was nice to wake up and watch Monday Night Football live on ESPN.

CON:

To obtain the “special” Internet rate, you have to pre-pay the entire amount of your stay with your credit card which is non-refundable.

LAN and Wi-Fi are available in your room, but you have to pay for it.

Some previous reviewers have complained about cooking odor in the hallway. Since the units have kitchens, cooking odors are to be expected. I never smell anything offensive, e.g. sauerkraut, and the smell never penetrated my room.

SUMMARY:

When I travel, I don’t like to spend too much money on my room since my stays are normally short and I only use the room to sleep. Since I was staying longer than normal, I wanted a bigger room with more amenities. This was my first time at the Omni Tower and I was very satisfied. The room was clean, but the carpet was showing its age and the shower curtain was ripped, but that didn’t detract from my stay. At less than US$50 per night, it was as cheap as other nearby “budget” hotels, e.g., Nana Hotel, Dynasty Inn, Majestic Suite, but with much larger rooms and better amenities. At the price that I paid, I’d definitely would stay there again.

Yujin
11-07-10, 00:24
The photos that I uploaded for my review of the Omni Tower were smaller than I expected so I've uploaded slightly larger ones. Hopefully, you won't need a magnifying glass . . .

Barko
11-07-10, 02:12
I got a PM this morning from an esteemed long time member of ISG (and a fluently experienced traveler) wherein he explained that he had a bad experience at the Hotel Shama. The staff and management being the problem, and the management has made no attempt to explain, rectify, nor console the complaints.

The investors that built the Shama put together a great thing, they invested an incredible amount of money and put in some great amenities. But then, they took off to do another new project, leaving the facility totally in the hands of the Thais. BIG MISTAKE.

Hotel Shama: The quality of the place itself is excellent, and it's in a premium location. But, from the time you check in, make sure that you establish a "rooster" attitude, don't take any shit from the Thai staff. Smile, be nice, but be hard on them. We just can't let the Thais screw this place up, and it looks like they are doing just that.

I have had excellent experiences at the Shama, but I speak Thai and have a way of getting them to do what I want. So, be aware that there seems to be some total fuckups running the place, so you may have to do your best to keep them out of your time/space continuum.

More to come.

As of this writing, I will consider the Shama to be on "probation" until I go back there myself and see WTF is up myself.

Asian Flava
11-07-10, 02:14
Hey Guys,

See there is new Radisson on Soi 13 (assuming it's new as never saw it before). Used the search function but nothing showed up for it. Anyone sampled it yet? Assuming since it is in the area that it is GF if you book for 2 people but just want to make sure. Also if anyone has taken back more than one playmate. I really like that area and enjoy trying different hotels on Soi 11 and 13. Close to all the action and some nice restaurants/bars. Also enjoy the fact it is tucked away a bit and things aren't always in your face.

Will also send an email to hotel to ask about policy.

Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AF

1Ball
11-07-10, 14:44
i am the one who had a poor expericne at the shama. it was suggested to me by barko, and i gave it a try.

this is wht i wrote to the manager after my departure. i was there 2 nights.

quote:

hi jared, well i must tell you i was disappointed.

small things which should be completely routine were not and proved to be just plain annoying. most involve your front desk staff.

at check in, when i pulled up in my taxi, there was 1 young man at the desk. when he saw the driver pop the trunk, i saw him talk on his radio, or on the phone, i don't know. i was left standing outside for several minutes until he finally realized the person he called, was not showing up, so he eventually came out and helped me with my luggage.

during check in, he fumbles looking through a stack of reservations for several minutes, staring at my passport for several minutes, even though i had printed your confirmation letter. the whole procedure should be seamless, it was not anywhere near professional.

i was then lead to a room which was occupied and in the midst of being cleaned. he told me to wait in the small room with a tv. i asked him where my luggage was. "my friend will bring up later".

he finally returned with a another room key, still no luggage. so i went downstairs to pick it up. it was waiting to be brought up. 2 other men were milling around, nothing to do. i enquired why nobody felt the need to bring me my luggage. they just looked at me, so i took it upon myself to haul it back up to my room.

the internet is poor, at best. i spent most of my time tethered to a cable in the bedroom as a connection in the living room was in and out constantly. 3 men needed to come to my room to help me connect. (my laptop usually connects automatically to just about anything, anywhere in the world.) even connected by cable, it is very slow.

i called downstairs last night for a wake up call. it seemed to be beyond the young man's capabilities. he passed me over to a young lady. i had to repeat the wake up call time 5 times. i was then asked my room number. i should not need to be asked my room number.

the paving outside with the grass is very tricky for a young lady with high heels to navigate. i agree it looks nice, but a narrow walkway seems to be needed.

the amenities in the bathroom are sparse. some people, including myself do not like liquid soap. a small bar of soap would be nice. i went to the market to buy some.

you have robes, which is nice if someone wants to use the pool, i believe slippers are also in order in case someone wants to go to the pool.

i don't know when the last time the shower head was flushed, and the jets cleaned, but they are quite clogged, and water streams everywhere. annoying.

in closing, i paid nearly 3,000 bt, and i got what i feel was 1,500 bt worth of service. i am in bkk each month, mostly for 2 nights at a time, and this place was recommended by a friend. you did not live up to the recommendation. to tell you the truth, while your internet boys were attempting to get me connected, when they told me to wait 30 minutes so they could find a specific connection tip, i seriously considered grabbing my bags, walking out, and going back to where i usually stay.

i know this is a new property, but if the staff is not up to speed, your prices should reflect it. i believe you should be in a "soft opening" phase, until you have worked out these problems. all it would take is further training, and of course a better internet provider.
thank you

unquote

i think now that all is said and done, one of the things that really chaps my hide is during the reservation process, jared was lightning fast at responding to my questions about joiner fees, breakfast hours, etc. he was very quick at sending me the credit card authorization form, but since my complaint to him........nothing, nobody home, no answer.

i will not be staying there again. i will suggest to all who ask me to not stay there. for the money, i will take a 1 bedroom apartment at the gp on soi 11 any day, over this property.

ps. breakfast was passable, at best. a typical continental breakfast, no hot food.

Fon Tok
11-07-10, 14:59
...I think now that all is said and done, one of the things that really chaps my hide is during the reservation process, Jared was lightning fast at responding to my questions about joiner fees, breakfast hours, etc. He was very quick at sending me the credit card authorization form, but since my complaint to him........nothing, nobody home, no answer.I have given up offering constructive comments or helpful complaints in Thailand. Most of the time it just falls on deaf ears!

With so many nice hotels in Bangkok, this one probably will not be around long.

Kumar Arun
11-08-10, 00:53
I am the one who had a poor expericne at the Shama. It was suggested to me by Barko, and I gave it a try.

I will not be staying there again. I will suggest to all who ask me to not stay there. For the money, I will take a 1 bedroom apartment at the GP on soi 11 any day, over this property.

PS. Breakfast was passable, at best. A typical continental breakfast, no hot food.OMG. Can't believe a professionally run company has this kind of operating issues.! Damn them. I've booked two rooms for my new year tour, I think I better off canceling the same. Hope they will refund the balance after deducting the cancellation fee.

Barko
11-08-10, 04:17
sntproxychinabase64:216char-airulinkv5-htcdesirehd
I am the one who had a poor expericneObvious: your room not ready. Have stayed Shama 2times-4nts/3nts. Xlnt 4 me: 12 chicks ttl !~fun~! 1 prob: 0 i'net. Not ne1 yours +had great bar of soap. Heh.

Asian Flava
11-08-10, 14:59
FYI for those interested.

Heard back from Radisson on Sukhumvit. Room booked for 2 people means no problem with an overnight guest in your room. Any overnight guests above the 1 can be charged a joiner fee of 1400 THB.

AF

Kumar Arun
11-09-10, 14:11
I got booked two suites there.

Suite Type: Best Offer Complimentary UPGRADE
Number Rooms: 2
Preferred Room: Smoking Room
Occupancy: 2 Adults / Suites

Rate Inclusions: *Complimentary upgrade to Platinum suite. * Early check-in from 8.00 am and Late check out till 4.00 pm (subject to room availability) * Daily buffet breakfast and English newspaper (Bangkok Post) * In room WiFi Internet (unlimited)

BHT 3669 per night.

Franco Cozzo
11-09-10, 15:01
the 'secret' "Wot Hotel" listings are in black, (and they are heavily discounted from the original rates.)

Hello Barko, providing these lists is extremely useful, so thank you for them.

As there are a couple of new/ changed Wot Hotel deals, I decided to try decipher them myself, hope you don’t mind.

I used an assumption that whoever puts the Wotif website up is likely to be a bit lazy and cut corners occasionally, so tried checking for repeated phrases. Can I get you to check whether I have linked these hotels up properly as of 9th November? If so, I am happy to help out with updates when you are too busy. If not I will get back in my box.

THB3000 – is this hotel http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5086&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662
the Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites?

THB1999 – is this hotel http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5726&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662
the Siam City Hotel?

Until Barko confirms these, please do not book based on this post, or do so only at your own risk (with no assurances I am correct).

Franco Cozzo
11-10-10, 15:00
I have seen this place mentioned a couple of times as a short stay place (THB400), but also found out it is an overnight joint as well (THB890).

Anyone who has used this place for either short or long stay, can you give any ideas of how suitable it would be to stay in for a night or two between travels to other places in Thailand and the surrounding region.

I have already chosen some of my accommodation for the times I will be in Bangkok: Livingstone's Lodge for the first three nights (to glean some of Giotto's sagely advice, and take advantage of the ISG discount); A Wot Hotel special for around THB2K for a few nights to live it up, but then will need some budget accommodation, or I will not have enough cash for women (Thailand), suits (Vietnam) and copious amounts of alcohol (everywhere).

Does anyone have suggestions for other similar or cheaper priced places that would be better, in a closeby location (from RTFF it appears 98% of reviews and discussion for more than the last year are about hotels well over THB1000 - or have little info on the places, unlike the Pattaya thread which seems to be the opposite).

Thanks again.

Bubba999
11-10-10, 20:29
"May we bring to your kind attention that the policy of our hotel regarding non-registered guest is for the protection, safety and security of every guest in the hotel any visitor or lady joiner who is not registered is required to pay an additional charge at Baht 1,200 nett per person per night on room only while visiting our hotel and can’t use the restaurant, any visitor will be supposed to check out 06:00 AM."

I'd have to class that as not GF - in fact I'd class it as G-Hostile!

Member #2041
11-10-10, 20:41
"May we bring to your kind attention that the policy of our hotel regarding non-registered guest is for the protection, safety and security of every guest in the hotel any visitor or lady joiner who is not registered is required to pay an additional charge at Baht 1,200 nett per person per night on room only while visiting our hotel and can’t use the restaurant, any visitor will be supposed to check out 06:00 AM."

I'd have to class that as not GF - in fact I'd class it as G-Hostile!
Well as long as they're doing if for the protection, safety, and security of every guest in the hotel, and not simply to gouge extra money out of their guests, that's OK (right, what a pile of steaming B.S.).

Gus69
11-11-10, 12:41
Siam City Hotel
"You cannot bring unregistered guests into our hotel!!"

"Well OK, if you give us 1200 baht"

It's a good job that there are hundreds of GF hotels in Bangkok.

Bunky
11-13-10, 20:35
Can anyone advise on the laundry options at the Grand Millennium?

I'd like to get some short-sleeve linen shirts laundered and pressed with starch. Also some cotton slacks. Most hotels charge outrageous prices for this service. Is that the case at the Grand Millennium? If so, is there a laundry nearby where the prices are more reasonable?

I'd also like to get some miscellaneous laundry washed, dried and folded -- things like underwear, socks and blue jeans. Does the Grand Millennium have a self-service laundromat on the premises? If not, is there a laundry nearby that does this?

Regards,

Bunky

Bamboo Pete
11-14-10, 18:14
Last time I stayed near Soi Cowboy (Jasmine Hotel), this time near Nana Plaza. From Dawin it's a 5-10 min walk to NEP, and 10-15 min to skytrain (maybe faster if you take soi 6, but lot of traffic there).

I must say, I was a bit disappointed. The rooms are small, pool is small, WiFi did not work and they were not able to fix it. I also don't like that aircon is blowing straight to the bed.

But, the location is very well, not just NEP, it is also near Annies and some smaller bars. Also ATM, 7/11, Laundry, restaurants just over the street.

The hotel is guest friendly.

Malcolm Fraser
11-15-10, 02:36
Can anyone advise on the laundry options at the Grand Millennium?If you walk out the back entrance of the hotel, past the carpark, there is a laundry that I have used on Soi 23 almost directly opposite the carpark entrace between a couple of MP. If I recall correctly they charge about THB250 to wash and iron a bag of washing.

Ozztraleearr
11-15-10, 03:49
I have seen this place mentioned a couple of times as a short stay place (THB400), but also found out it is an overnight joint as well (THB890).

Anyone who has used this place for either short or long stay, can you give any ideas of how suitable it would be to stay in for a night or two between travels to other places in Thailand and the surrounding region.

I have already chosen some of my accommodation for the times I will be in Bangkok: Livingstone's Lodge for the first three nights (to glean some of Giotto's sagely advice, and take advantage of the ISG discount); A Wot Hotel special for around THB2K for a few nights to live it up, but then will need some budget accommodation, or I will not have enough cash for women (Thailand), suits (Vietnam) and copious amounts of alcohol (everywhere).

Does anyone have suggestions for other similar or cheaper priced places that would be better, in a closeby location (from RTFF it appears 98% of reviews and discussion for more than the last year are about hotels well over THB1000 - or have little info on the places, unlike the Pattaya thread which seems to be the opposite).

Thanks again.Personally I stay at the Nanatai mansion at the end of Sukhumvit 4. Cheap but comfortable, if u take base room with no breakfast should be 900 baht per night.

Franco Cozzo
11-18-10, 04:37
Personally I stay at the Nanatai mansion at the end of Sukhumvit 4. Cheap but comfortable, if u take base room with no breakfast should be 900 baht per night.

Thanks Ozztraleearr,
The swimming pool, gym and balcony trumps naked lady pictures on the walls. Hopefully they have walk in rooms available in two days.

I like the name aswell - although according to most friends from O/S, we usually pronounce it more like "Stray-lya," something to do with us Australian's being too lazy to pronounce all the syllables. I'm 'ffended by 'ments like tha' though, 'snot true at'all.

Ozztraleearr
11-18-10, 05:41
Thanks Ozztraleearr,

The swimming pool, gym and balcony trumps naked lady pictures on the walls. Hopefully they have walk in rooms available in two days.

I like the name aswell. Although according to most friends from O/S, we usually pronounce it more like "Stray-lya, " something to do with us Australian's being too lazy to pronounce all the syllables. I'm 'ffended by 'ments like tha' though, 'snot true at'all.Matey I am Australian and stralyar is about right. I will also be there in around 2. 3 days time. Enjoy your trip.

Franco Cozzo
11-18-10, 12:48
Matey I am Australian and stralyar is about right. I will also be there in around 2. 3 days time. Enjoy your trip.

Oz,
You are un-PM-able, so will leave message here. When you get to Nanatai PM me (if you are able) or leave a message here if you wanna grab a beer.

Cheers

Ozztraleearr
11-18-10, 13:31
Oz,

You are un-PM-able, so will leave message here. When you get to Nanatai PM me (if you are able) or leave a message here if you wanna grab a beer.

CheersMate will be there sometime Sunday morning. PM should work in 1-2 days.

Cheers

Bunky
11-20-10, 13:41
after reading positive reviews from barko and fon tok, i booked a stay at the grand millennium. thought i'd repay the favors with a review.

the room: i stayed in a king room on the "executive club" floor. here is the hotel's description:

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/th/grandmillenniumsukhumvitbangkok/rooms/executiveclubroom.html

it wasn't huge, but it was large enough. the desk was far superior to most that i find during my travels, big enough for my laptop, with plenty of room left over for papers. the desk was low enough, and the chair was high enough that it was very comfortable while i was working. this is better than many hotels, where the reverse is the case and your laptop ends up under your chin.

as others have noted, the bed was very comfortable. the mattress was the perfect firmness, the pillows were great and the linens were high quality. unlike western hotels, no top sheet is used. there is just a bottom sheet over the mattress and a cotton-faced comforter tucked in at the foot of the bed. there was an arm chair and an ottoman, plus an upholstered bench. these were comfortable when hanging around the room and provided variety when, um, err "entertaining guests."

the bathroom featured a toilet in a little booth, a soaking tub, a shower stall and a sink/vanity area. it had two sliding doors, one near the entrance to the room, and next to the bed. at night there was a low wattage light to guide your way. it could be disabled if desired. the walls separating the tub from the rest of the room were glass, so it was easy to see into the bathroom from the main room. i suppose that might present "opportunities" when entertaining a guest. but it was my experience the girls preferred a little privacy while showering. that was easily arranged by lowering screens to block the view and closing doors.

near the sink there was an electrical outlet that could deliver either 220 volts or 115 volts. like the other outlets, this one accepted american blade style plugs. handy. the towel supply was adequate but not lavish, and they were of excellent quality. there were a couple of towel bars, but they were too small to accommodate the large bath sheets. odd. ended up draping them over the glass doors. i don't like hotel toiletries, so i can't comment there. never used the tub, but the shower featured plenty of hot water. some nights, however, there was a very loud dripping noise from the drain which could be heard in the other room. solved the problem by putting a wash cloth over the drain.

storage & amenities: mixed reviews here. the wardrobe was large and there were plenty of regular hangers. robes and slippers for both you and a guest were supplied. storage for other items was poor. the cabinet under the tv is entirely occupied by the mini-bar and other outrageously priced items for sale. if you want someplace for your socks, there are just three tiny drawers in the wardrobe. the safe was big enough for my lenovo w510 laptop, camera and other things.

the flat screen television is expected at this price point. but at the grand millennium the channel selection was very limited. i expect a four or five star hotel to offer bloomberg tv. but it's not available. moreover, the picture quality was just abysmal. it's obviously some type of digital distribution setup and the video has been compressed to the point where it's blurry and pixelated most of the time. i'd hate to pay for a movie and try to watch it on this lame setup. there are hookups to connect your computer to the tv. so bringing your own dvds might be a better option.

the lighting is good, with high tech touches like a "master" button that controls almost all of the lighting from a single control. none of those irritating cfls, so the color temperature will be flattering for anybody who sleeps over. there are buttons near the door to control lights that signal the housekeeping staff.

connectivity: both wired and wireless internet were included in my rate. using the ethernet connection speedtest.net told me i was getting about 20 megabits per second (down) from servers in japan. connections to servers in the united states were considerably slower, usually 2.5 to 3.0 megabits per second. routine tasks like surfing the net and checking e-mail were never a problem. uplink speeds were slower, but still fast enough for ftp work.

executive lounge: i booked far enough in advance using agoda that i not only got a discount on the rate, but they threw in an upgrade to the executive floor. this entitled me to use the executive lounge on the 24th floor, which had a stunning view of the city below. there was a free breakfast served every day until 10:30 a.m. that was late enough i managed to dine there most mornings. the food selection is eclectic. there was the standard continental breakfast fare, with a very good selection of fresh baked breads and rolls; made to order egg dishes; museli; miso soup; and a big selection of cold cuts and side items. i'm not a coffee drinker, so i can't review the java. but they plied me with diet coke and the oj hit the spot after a long night of wretched excess. the lounge was also a good place to fill my ice bucket or to stop by for a snack or a drink during happy hour. when i had to work it was a nice place to set up shop. my only complaint is that it was rather hot and stuffy.

location: the online maps are flat wrong here. if you google "grand millennium bangkok" the map will place the hotel at the northwest corner of sukhumvit and asok and south of soi cowboy. actually, the grand millennium is north of soi cowboy. on the google map look for the tai pan hotel. the grand millennium is next door, across the street from the mrt subway station. if you look at the overhead photograph you'll see a tall building that looks a little like a sail. that's the grand millennium.

as others have noted, soi cowboy is an easy walk from the grand millennium. if you walk out the hotel's front door and turn left you can walk to the main entrance of soi cowboy in about five minutes. this is also useful if you run into a cab driver who's never heard of the grand millennium. just ask to go to soi cowboy and you'll be close enough. you can also go out the hotel's back door, then down the driveway that services the parking lot, to soi prasanmit, which runs parallel to asok. if you turn right and walk about five minutes you'll reach the back entrance to soi cowboy. there are also numerous useful businesses along soi prasanmit, including restaurants, pubs, two 7-11s and a laundry just steps from the grand millennium's driveway. (hat tip to malcolm fraser.)

the grand millennium is well served by public transit. there are three entrances to the mrt subway in the area. so visiting nataree or emmanuelle for a soapy is an easy trip. it is also a short walk to the bts skytrain, which can take you to nana plaza in very short order. (if you want to buy a multi-ride pass, you'll need one for each system. they still haven't consolidated the fare systems.) if you want to hire a taxi you'll have to walk out to the street and hail one. there is no cab stand at the grand millennium. that's actually a good thing. when you hail a taxi on the street the driver is almost certain to use the meter, which protects you from the scam where the driver charges a fixed price (which is of course far higher than the meter fare).

girl friendly? without doubt. from soi cowboy i recommend using soi prasanmit to the hotel's rear entrance. from there you can reach the elevators without going through the lobby. that said, i'm sure there would be no trouble coming in the front entrance either. during my stay i saw several "couples" around the hotel and nobody batted an eye.

value for money: i paid $169 per night. that's not cheap, but i'm long past my backpacking, bandana-wearing, globetrekker days. i like my comfort and i'm willing to pay for it. i'm also a first time visitor, so i'm willing to cough up some extra dough for a convenient location. finally, as barko noted, the girls really seem to love the upscale surroundings. who doesn't want the home court advantage? all in all, for those who are not price sensitive, i can recommend the grand millennium.

regards,

bunky

Rjsss212
11-20-10, 16:21
I like my comfort and I'm willing to pay for it.

Bunky

Mother Of God man, PLEASE pull it together!!!!! That’s pure perfidy. Have you forgotten where you are!?!

Bunky
11-21-10, 05:27
If you look at the overhead view of Asok Street, you'll see the entrance to the MRT subway at the lower right. You'll see the entrance to the BTS skytrain at the upper right. The main entrance to Soi Cowboy is about two-thirds up the street, at the left side of the photo.

Bunky

Bunky
11-21-10, 05:30
Here you go.

Bunky
11-21-10, 05:32
Nice views looking south-southeast.

Fpgc11
11-21-10, 10:44
Need help to decipher these secret deals

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=12&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2011-02-10

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M3141&page=12&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2011-02-10

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5626&page=12&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2011-02-10

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I used to stay at GP for baht 1499 per night but now looking for a new place to bunk next february

Bunky
11-21-10, 11:25
These two pictures show the proximity of the Grand Millennium to Soi Cowboy. They were shot from the BTS station using a long lens, so the distance appears somewhat compressed.

For those who have never been to Bangkok, the sign over the entrance to Soi Cowboy is in the lower right hand corner of the the photos. In the landscape version the entrance is behind the white bus.

Bunky

Wandere
11-21-10, 11:35
Can the Seniors throw any light if the Hotel listed at Wotif for 4th December @ 1499 is Kingston Suites.

If yes can Seniors share their views and experiences if any at the property and if it is GF.

Thanks

Hobbying
11-21-10, 15:28
First time in BKK, basically are all the hotels girl friendly? Or need to register or pay an extra fee depending on the hotel?

Bubba999
11-22-10, 07:10
First time in BKK, basically are all the hotels girl friendly? Or need to register or pay an extra fee depending on the hotel?

Check back through the forum - there are some that are and some that aren't - but if in doubt just contact them and post the reply here. There are plenty that are completely GF ...

Bubba999
11-22-10, 07:12
[QUOTE=Fpgc11]Need help to decipher these secret deals

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M2502&page=12&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2011-02-10

I think this is Dream Hotel

Mouse1
11-22-10, 07:23
Mother Of God man, PLEASE pull it together!!!!! That’s pure perfidy. Have you forgotten where you are!?!:) I've wandered on to the wrong board by mistake - 'Business Traveller's Hotel Reviews'.

Just kidding, good man Bunky, excellent, thorough and detailed report. I would be grateful if next time you could provide further information on the quality and nature of the hotel toiletries, and perhaps a diagram of the electrical outlet locations? These things are important. Oh, and was the OJ freshly squeezed, or from a can?

Cheers

Mouse

PS Just re-read review. No Bloomberg? WTF? You have got to be kidding, man! Definitely off my list for a mongering hotel.

Mouse1
11-22-10, 07:25
:) I've wandered on to the wrong board by mistake - 'Business Traveller's Hotel Reviews'.

Just kidding, good man Bunky, excellent, thorough and detailed report. I would be grateful if next time you could provide further information on the quality and nature of the hotel toiletries, and perhaps a diagram of the electrical outlet locations? These things are important. Oh, and was the OJ freshly squeezed, or from a can?

Cheers

MouseAnd on a more serious note, I'm still loving Boss Suites in Soi 4. Cheap, modern, clean, fairly crap showers but 'walk-in' type, wifi, er, that's it.

Wandere
11-23-10, 06:01
And on a more serious note, I'm still loving Boss Suites in Soi 4. Cheap, modern, clean, fairly crap showers but 'walk-in' type, wifi, er, that's it.Is it the one close to Nana?Is it GF.

Cheers!

Mouse1
11-23-10, 12:23
Is it the one close to Nana?Is it GF.

Cheers!Well, it is Soi 4, but it is a long way down (well several minutes walk). There is a free tuc-tuc from the hotel. Not a problem for me.

You're asking me if it is GF? :) C'mon...

Fpgc11
11-23-10, 12:53
[QUOTE=Fpgc11]Need help to decipher these secret deals

I think this is Dream HotelThanks bro.

I will keep the options open.

Suntangh R
11-23-10, 13:02
Folks,

Have stayed in Premier Club suite at President Solitaire. Have to choose between President Palace, President Solitaire and Kingston Suites Exec Corner Suite.

What would you recommend. I know that the three are guest friendly.

My concerns would be the a) stylish, good- sized and comfort of rooms with a silent Air Con b) reasonable privacy and quiet, c) price moderate 2000-2900 B d) without any intention of offending, less of mideast crowd.

Gracias

Bubba999
11-23-10, 21:38
Can the Seniors throw any light if the Hotel listed at Wotif for 4th December @ 1499 is Kingston Suites.

If yes can Seniors share their views and experiences if any at the property and if it is GF.Thanks

Sorry - there is not enough for me to work this one out - Barko may do better but I can tell you that Kingston Suites are GF - if you do decipher the listing, can you let us know?

Bungee Man
11-24-10, 04:11
Can someone advise whether Asia Hotel is girl friendly?

Paul2020
11-25-10, 03:10
Can someone advise whether Asia Hotel is girl friendly?

It was three years ago.

Bungee Man
11-25-10, 03:33
It was three years ago.Thanks Paul2020.

Much obliged if you can recommend any hotel nearby Asia Hotel which is GF?

I intend to bring a Thai lady friend to stay with me when I am there.

Mucho Gracias! Kappun Kap!

Gpb59
11-27-10, 15:27
anybody stayed here? Any report?

Jgm005
11-30-10, 09:28
I've never stayed there but have been tempted. Anyways, I received an email from them saying they are now "Citrus" (Suk 22) with promo rates. If interested the link is http://www.citrus22bangkok.com

Smily59
12-05-10, 03:48
anybody stayed here? Any report?I consider to stay there as well, cool design, convenient location.

What I would like to know is if it´s gf, if they only have nonsmoking rooms and if the room has balcony. Information from bookingsites was contradictionary.

Thanx

Rolodido
12-08-10, 10:34
Anybody know if this place is gf?

Hotel just opened doors a couple of weeks ago.

Looks all quite nice, price is still good (opening price)

Cheers

Rambis Youth
12-11-10, 14:02
I'm doing some research for an upcoming trip and below are my thoughts on the current 5 star Sukhumvit Wot hotels:

Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4422&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W71312

Conrad Bangkok.

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M5186&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W70048

Imperial Queen's Park Hotel (not 100% sure on this one)

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=M4420&page=1&viewType=all&refId=65662&adults=0&children=0&child1Age=1&child2Age=1&child3Age=1&child4Age=1&child5Age=1&child6Age=1&child7Age=1&child8Age=1&child9Age=1

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W51029

Pita123
12-11-10, 14:07

CheersNo personal experience, but friends who have stayed there since the opening report that it is gf.

V Lenin
12-15-10, 08:09
Hey all,

I'm tempted by the stay 3 pay for 2 nights deal at the Royal President for a Junior Suite. Pro-rata, it works out only slightly more expensive than getting a standard room for 3 nights, though doesn't include breakfast on the "free night" (which doesn't matter for a few reasons).

Tripadvisor seems largely positive; anyone got any comments?

Looking forward to my first visit back to Bangkok in nearly 5 years! Only have 48 hours or so, but I'm going to try and make them count.

Jdbkk555
12-17-10, 04:38
I should start by saying in more the 5 star type. The grand mercure residence on soi 19 is at best a 3 star place. Rooms are big enough, not well arranged or appointed. The room was so so clean on arrival.

The big issue. Only one bath towel. Hard to believe. In arrival my guests were waiting in the small lobby. This is a lady friendly place just 2 blocks from soi cowboy.

Given price. I will look elsewhere next time. For a service apartment, I would have been better off at the emporium suites or a hotel.

Tiradentes
12-17-10, 04:44
Howdie,

Can't wait to rock out with my cock out in Bangkok.

I am looking for a 5-star hotel with a large (mega) pool in Bangkok. I figure I will spend most of my days in the hotel, only leaving it to go for a massage parlor in the day and Nana / Soi cowboy at night. Temples, petting elephants and other touristic stuff are not my cup of tea.

While browsing pictures on the net, I've only seen Conrad Hotel and Sukhothai Hotel with a decent pool size.

Any recommendations for other hotels?

Thanks a lot.

Syzygies
12-22-10, 07:11
Howdie,

I am looking for a 5-star hotel with a large (mega) pool in Bangkok. I figure I will spend most of my days in the hotel, only leaving it to go for a massage parlor in the day and Nana / Soi cowboy at night. Temples, petting elephants and other touristic stuff are not my cup of tea.

While browsing pictures on the net, I've only seen Conrad Hotel and Sukhothai Hotel with a decent pool size.

Thanks a lot. You could use Google maps in Sattelite View then zoom in to see size of the Hotel pools.

Sukhumwit Hotels (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.737322,100.559707&spn=0.014028,0.019248&z=16)

Pita123
12-22-10, 11:13

Thanks a lot. Plaza Athenee

D Cups
12-22-10, 14:35
Unico Express (Soi 3) OR.

Sam's Lodge (near Cowboy. 19) OR.

Swiss Park (Soi 11) OR.

Sawasdee (Soi 8)?

If so, kindly let me know what you think. I assume they are all girl-friendly. I know both Unino and Swiss Park have a pool which is my preference.

The only other place I have stayed in BKK is Stable Lodge on Soi 8, which is very nice but the above are less expensive and I would rather spend my money on the vertical smile than than the horizontal bed.

Smily59
12-22-10, 16:57
I consider to stay there as well, cool design, convenient location.

What I would like to know is if it's gf, if they only have nonsmoking rooms and if the room has balcony. Information from bookingsites was contradictionary.

Thanks

Member #2041
12-22-10, 21:22
Plaza AtheneeYep, best pool in the Sukhumvit area. If you wanted to be on the Riverside, the Royal Orchid Sheraton has 2 pools, one of which is moderate, and the other is large.

Rjsss212
12-23-10, 01:58
Howdie,

Thanks a lot. If you don't need to be on Suk then check out the Peninsula. Great pool, TRUE 5 star hotel. Lots of other perks if you don't mind spending a few bucks.

AussieDoug
12-23-10, 11:12
Try Landmark, on Sukhumvit close to Nana Plaza, and a short walk to Cowboy.

Pool is not huge, but plenty big enough, about 15 metres X 10 metres.

-

Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

Imdattypeofguy
12-23-10, 20:10
hey all,

i'm tempted by the stay 3 pay for 2 nights deal at the royal president for a junior suite. pro-rata, it works out only slightly more expensive than getting a standard room for 3 nights, though doesn't include breakfast on the "free night" (which doesn't matter for a few reasons).

tripadvisor seems largely positive; anyone got any comments?

looking forward to my first visit back to bangkok in nearly 5 years! only have 48 hours or so, but i'm going to try and make them count. look into the dawin on soi 4 and on8bangkok on soi 8. i've stayed at both. on8 is right around the corner from [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) and the dawin is right down the street from nana plaza.

Levitraboner
12-25-10, 06:57
Barko. Or anyone else.

Does anyone know if Shama got their act together? I know a month ago or more Barko put them on probation. Looking to go the end of Jan. I also want to put out a special THANK YOU to Barko for his efforts here.

Bugzy 69
12-25-10, 21:09
Any useful reviews on this hotel?

I've never stayed there but have been tempted. Anyways, I received an email from them saying they are now "Citrus" (Suk 22) with promo rates. If interested the link is.

http://www.citrus22bangkok.com

1Ball
12-26-10, 10:32
Barko. Or anyone else.

Does anyone know if Shama got their act together? I know a month ago or more Barko put them on probation. Looking to go the end of Jan. I also want to put out a special THANK YOU to Barko for his efforts here. Levitra, I am the one who had a problem with them.

1 month after my complaint to them, they finally answered me, and offered me a free night. I have yet to take them up on their offer.

You can't beat the location. The main entrance is on the same soi as JW. Marriott, but there is also a "back door" right onto Soi 3. 30 m from NEP.

Bugzy 69
12-26-10, 15:33
Whats the name of this place please? I'm new to this BKK hotel fORUM,

Previously I stayed in soi 7/1. Top notch location but places I stayed in so small-real budget (guess rooms used for ST as well) I stayed in Maxim-inn and the hotel opposite World-Inn. Forget name. Recently stayed at Ibis on sukhumvit 4. For its price its worth it. New. Close to NP, GF. I'm looking for sumting new for my next trip, budget 2000 bht / night range preferably with a pool.

Levitra, I am the one who had a problem with them.

1 month after my complaint to them, they finally answered me, and offered me a free night. I have yet to take them up on their offer.

You can't beat the location. The main entrance is on the same soi as JW. Marriott, but there is also a "back door" right onto Soi 3. 30 m from NEP.

Hallodri Love
12-29-10, 18:20
Hi I didn't find any information: is it gf?

It's in Sukhumvit soi2 so it's near to nana.

http://marcobangkok.com/

Noclew
12-30-10, 02:00
Hi I didn't find any information: is it gf?

It's in Sukhumvit soi2 so it's near to nana.

http://marcobangkok.com/

It is GF. I have stayed there several times. They may have checked for I'd a couple of times.

NicFrenchy
12-30-10, 12:55
It is GF. I have stayed there several times. They may have checked for I'd a couple of times.Actually, you should ALWAYS get the girl to leave her I'd at the front dest or with Security. It is much safer, especially when taking Freelancers.

This will possibly prevent you a lot of problems because when the girl will come down to get her I'd back, the Security or Desk will call your room to make sure all is in order (so she can't run away with your money or after drugging you)

Amerioca
12-30-10, 17:56

CheersI'm curious about this place, as well. Anyone?

El Greco
12-30-10, 20:09
Howdie,

Thanks a lot. Check this out. Really very large pool. It is on the other side of the river but only 100-120 Baht taxi ride from NANA.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkth-bangkok-marriott-resort-and-spa/

LouisDavid
12-31-10, 08:42
Heading back to Bangkok after a couple of years and am really looking forward to staying at the Livingston Hotel. I stayed there on my last visit and had the greatest time of all my 8 trips to Thailand. The girls were the greatest and the hotel staff could not do enough to make my stay fantastic. They catered to the guests better than the Ritz Carleton in Toronto, and that was all anyone could ever ask.

L David

LouisDavid
12-31-10, 10:16
I posted a very favorable comment on a Bangkok Hotel, but misspelled the name. The correct name is: Livingstone's Boutique Lodge and the website link is.

http://www.livingstones.co.th/booking.php

The place was terrific and from everything I heard yesterday from a guy that stays there whenever he is in Bangkok, has some of the hottest chicks in all of Bangkok. Best of all, the rates are great.

Enjoy! I plan to.

LD

NicFrenchy
01-02-11, 22:38
Central Area.

* Majestic Grande.

* Landmark Hotel.

* Grand President (Service Apt).

* President Solitaire.

* Centre Point Sukhumvit.

* Royal President.

* Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

* President Park.

* J. W. Marriot.

* Rembrandt.

* Dream Hotel.

* Adelphi Suites.

* Banyan Tree.

* Mayfair Marriot Exec. Apartments.

* Conrad.

* Grand Hyatt Erawan.

* Shangrila Hotel.

* The Peninsula Hotel.

* Sukhothai Hotel.

* Sofitel Silom.

* Lebua at State Tower.

* Four Seasons.

* Metropolitan Bangkok.

* Ascott Sathorn

Noclew
01-03-11, 01:58
Bliston Suwan park. Upscale and GF.

Central Area.

* Majestic Grande.

* Landmark Hotel.

* Grand President (Service Apt).

* Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

* President Park.

* J. W. Marriot.

Dreams
01-03-11, 05:40
will arrive at bkk very early, one of the first landing of the day. should be in town by 5 am. would most hotel accept such early check in, even at some (reasonable) extra cost?

apart from ll, any hotel recommended betwen soi 2 and soi 33, where i can get some action nearby, as early as 9/10am? should be close to mrt, clean and decent; will only stay for one night, so no need for sophisticated amenities. and apart from [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901) and sol, any establishment, soapy, oily, or ordinary" male grooming" place open that early in the morning?

BionicMan
01-03-11, 08:01
will arrive at bkk very early, one of the first landing of the day. should be in town by 5 am. would most hotel accept such early check in, even at some (reasonable) extra cost?

apart from ll, any hotel recommended betwen soi 2 and soi 33, where i can get some action nearby, as early as 9/10am? should be close to mrt, clean and decent; will only stay for one night, so no need for sophisticated amenities. and apart from [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901) and sol, any establishment, soapy, oily, or ordinary" male grooming" place open that early in the morning? i feel that with such an early arrival you better book ther oom from the night before.

getting in a hotel at 6am is more a late check in than an early one.

ll charged an extra when i checked in at 9am, some 50% of daily rate or so.

can't help on early action at dawn, maybe better luck at 9 or 10 in some ordinary place

Mankosuki
01-03-11, 08:10
Hi bugzy, I stayed there last year after the demonstrations. It was a great hotel and good location. The hotel is still quite new (about 2 years old now). It changed ownership which is perhaps why maybe you didn't find any reviews but the original name was I Style Trend hotel. Many positive reviews you can find. I checked Agoda and they have really good rates. I am thinking about staying there again when I go back this month or next month.

Any useful reviews on this hotel?

Giotto
01-03-11, 18:23
Will arrive at BKK very early, one of the first landing of the day. Should be in town by 5 am. Would most hotel accept such early check in, even at some (reasonable) extra cost?

Apart from LL, . Dreams,

Just to set that straight (also in regards of the comment of Bionicman below) from the business side of the issue, hotel POV.

If a hotel rents a room at 5 am in the morning the room must be free. That means, the hotel cannot have it rented out the night before.

Usually then hotels charge some fee, some charge the full room rate, some 50 % (as we do). A 5 am check-in usually means that the hotel rent you a room for all the night.

Now we can start a philosophical discussion whether the hotel could have rented it out the night before. If you walk in their argumentation basis will be weak, but if you do a reservation with the arrival 5 am in the morning. Then the hotel must make sure that a room is available and cannot rent it out for the night before.

That means that all rates below the full room rate is a good deal for a customer.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.th

Duniawala
01-03-11, 18:46

apart from ll, any hotel recommended betwen soi 2 and soi 33, where i can get some action nearby, as early as 9/10am? should be close to mrt, clean and decent; will only stay for one night, so no need for sophisticated amenities. and apart from [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901) and sol, any establishment, soapy, oily, or ordinary" male grooming" place open that early in the morning? call sabai sabai on soi 11 when you check in and you should be able to get someone to come to your room for massage and fs (optional, you deal with the girl for the fs). oh, whatever the rate they quote tell them their website says 10% discount for new customers. they service 24 hrs.

NicFrenchy
01-04-11, 01:41
Oh, whatever the rate they quote tell them their website says 10% discount for new customers. They service 24 hrs.So. You say you are a New customer everytime? LMAO.

Dreams
01-04-11, 06:36
Dreams,

Just to set that straight (also in regards of the comment of Bionicman below) from the business side of the issue, hotel POV.

If a hotel rents a room at 5 am in the morning the room must be free. That means, the hotel cannot have it rented out the night before.

Usually then hotels charge some fee, some charge the full room rate, some 50 % (as we do). A 5 am check-in usually means that the hotel rent you a room for all the night.

Now we can start a philosophical discussion whether the hotel could have rented it out the night before. If you walk in their argumentation basis will be weak, but if you do a reservation with the arrival 5 am in the morning. Then the hotel must make sure that a room is available and cannot rent it out for the night before.

That means that all rates below the full room rate is a good deal for a customer.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.th

Giotto,

You misunderstood me, or I misexpressed myself, whatever.

I fully agree with your points.

The reason I mentionned "apart from LL" was not due to the 50% extra to pay, which, again, I fully agree with, and that I expect to pay anywhere else anyway.

It is just that I wanted to hear about other options. For such a short stay, I don't need alll the goodies of LL, just a clean decent room for 36 hours.

Pita123
01-04-11, 18:08
as early as 9/10am?Have Mango / Tulip / Snow White / Victoria send a girl over.

Duniawala
01-04-11, 19:02
So. You say you are a New customer everytime? LMAO.Absolutely. Get the discounted rate everytime. LOL

Enzian
01-04-11, 19:12
This and another quote refers to the women at Livingstons, and my question is: does this boutique hotel have an in-house staff of ladies available for play for pay, in some manner, or are they referring to all of the opportunities in the immediate neighborhood?

I posted a very favorable comment on a Bangkok Hotel, but misspelled the name. The correct name is: Livingstone's Boutique Lodge and the website link is.

http://www.livingstones.co.th/booking.php

The place was terrific and from everything I heard yesterday from a guy that stays there whenever he is in Bangkok, has some of the hottest chicks in all of Bangkok. Best of all, the rates are great.

Enjoy! I plan to.

LD

BionicMan
01-04-11, 23:33
This and another quote refers to the women at Livingstons, and my question is: does this boutique hotel have an in-house staff of ladies available for play for pay, in some manner, or are they referring to all of the opportunities in the immediate neighborhood?LL is a boutique hotel with a great Sport Bar, you will not be left drinking as a lonely hobo, do not worry.

But do not take this message wrong, it is still a boutique hotel, not a go-go joint

Pita123
01-05-11, 02:54
This and another quote refers to the women at Livingstons, and my question is: does this boutique hotel have an in-house staff of ladies available for play for pay, in some manner, or are they referring to all of the opportunities in the immediate neighborhood?Why limit yourself the the immediate neighborhood? There is a whole big city out there!

AussieBaz
01-05-11, 05:40
I will be going to the land of smiles in July and was wondering does anybody know of hotels in the patpong area or close by. Apart from wall street. Thanxs in advance. Happy mongering

Fon Tok
01-05-11, 07:39
I will be going to the land of smiles in July and was wondering does anybody know of hotels in the patpong area or close by. Apart from wall street. Thanxs in advance. Happy mongeringThere are many hotels in this district. A few that are within walking distance of Patpong:

High end: Le Meridian on Surawong Road, Sofitel on Silom, Furama Sathorn near Chong Nonsi BTS, Dusit Thani on Silom, Pan Pacific on Rama IV. Many very nice hotels on Sathorn Road, too.

Mid-range: Siam Heritage, Montien & Tawana on Surawong Road, Silom Serene on Soi 3, Swiss Lodge on Soi Convent, Balley's on Silom, Glow on Silom Soi 5, iResidence & Heritage@Chong Nonsi BTS.

The Madrid Bar also has rooms for rent and it is right in Patpong.

There are also a number of serviced apartments that rent short term. You should be able to find some very good prices on internet booking sites (Agoda, Wotif, Rates2Go, Asiarooms, etc) in July, as this is low season & rainy season.

Take a look at this website for a more complete list: http://www.chiangdao.com/hotels4/asiahotels/thailandhotels/bangkokhotels/silomsathornhotels.htm

Syzygies
01-05-11, 07:52
I will be going to the land of smiles in July and was wondering does anybody know of hotels in the patpong area or close by. Apart from wall street. Thanxs in advance. Happy mongeringBazza,

Patpong is a seriously shithole place (mostly). On the good side there are some okay places like Soapy Massage place Infinity JC. Are you sure you really want to stay there?

You can look up Agoda and get a Map showing Hotels in Silom area. UNICO Grand wasn't too bad last time I was there or iResidence or Furama Exclusive near Chong Nonsri BTS (skytrain station) although these are slightly further (700m).

If you want to do bars, Soi Cowboy of Sukhumvit Rd would be preferred, followed by Nana Plaza (dodge the Ladyboys). Patpong is seriously the very last choice for most people. Its mainly a ripoff for tourists.

AussieBaz
01-05-11, 07:59
Bazza,

Patpong is a seriously shithole place (mostly). On the good side there are some okay places like Soapy Massage place Infinity JC. Are you sure you really want to stay there?

You can look up Agoda and get a Map showing Hotels in Silom area. UNICO Grand wasn't too bad last time I was there or iResidence or Furama Exclusive near Chong Nonsri BTS (skytrain station) although these are slightly further (700m).

If you want to do bars, Soi Cowboy of Sukhumvit Road would be preferred, followed by Nana Plaza (dodge the Ladyboys). Patpong is seriously the very last choice for most people. Its mainly a ripoff for tourists. Thanxs for your advice Syzygies and Fon Tok I really will listen to you guys as this will be my first time there alone. So its Soi Cowboy here I cum look out girls. Maybe I will meet a few of you guys there.

Syzygies
01-06-11, 06:58
Thanxs for your advice Syzygies and Fon Tok I really will listen to you guys as this will be my first time there alone. So its Soi Cowboy here I cum look out girls. Maybe I will meet a few of you guys there.So you really want a good Hotel in the Sukhumwit Road area. Soi Cowboy is located at Sukhumvit Soi 21 and Nana Plaza is located at Sukhumvit Soi 4. I would recommend Admiral Premier (Soi 23) as a good moderate priced hotel. Look on Agoda. Some experienced mongers like to stay at Livingstone's Lodge on Soi 33. Book just a couple of nights first so you can see what things you like and where you really want to be. Some guys hate Bangkok and are off to Pattaya immediately.

Seriously there are heaps of Hotels in Sukhumvit that are good.

Click on this link to show some of the Hotels in the area.

Mick's Sukhumvit Hotels Map (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044a593b4e00593545f&ll=13.737322,100.559707&spn=0.014028,0.019248&z=16)

In addition to bars, you might also want ot check out Oily Massage places and Soapy Massage places.

This Map shows Bars and Oily Massage places:

Mick's Map (http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211157051689439137713.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.736175,100.56108&spn=0.022762,0.032187&z=15)

Consult the approriate forum threads for info on good massage places.

Inch15
01-07-11, 13:46
Hi,

Can anyone provide info about Nana Hiso hotel on soi3. And also info about hotel massage service.

Thanks

LouisDavid
01-10-11, 14:44
Those words, written by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, describe Livingstone's Boutique Lodge at 7 Soi 33, Sukumvit Road, Wattana, in Bangkok. The room was great, the service greater, and the ladies in the Sports Bar more caring and considerate than any women in a city known for women who make men feel like a King.

It is blasphemy to consider yourself a king in Thailand, for the present King of Thailand is one of the great monarchs still alive today. But even the King is not treated any better than you will be if you partake of the joys and pleasures of Livingstone's. Aside from the spotless rooms complete with whirlpool bath, the fine food in the restaurants is great. Best of all, you get free breakfasts SERVED AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY! If you sleep in, and believe me, the lovelies will make you tired enough to sleep till noon, you can wander down to poolside tables shaded by palm frond roofs and eat at 2 or 3 pm. Gets you up and going because the girls start coming to work (their work is your pleasure) at 5 pm and the fun continues until 1:00 am.

Whatever you do, do not miss the ultimate experience you will find at Livingstone's. Your pleasure is their goal, and they are very, very good at maintaining a perfect score.

LouisDavid

Primo Bolan
01-11-11, 16:35
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree."

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Harry Dude
01-11-11, 20:41
The Landmark is beween Soi4 and Soi6. Very good location, right next to the Nana BTS station. My room actually had a view directly down into NEP! I stayed there for 4 nights after Christmas.

It is a reasonably upscale hotel, service is very good. I checked in very early (10am) , so they gave me a drink and asked me to wait in the lounge for 30 minutes while cleaning my room.

For the rate I paid (3200 baht / night) I was quite satisified. The pool area is very nice, although at this time of year, there is limited sunshine (one has to "follow the sun" around the pool). Howevere there is a nice sundeck as well, with sun from 11am to 5pm in the middle of winter. Probably more in the summer with the sun higher in the sky.

Breakfast is expensive (700 baht) but very tasty, with fresh eggs, omelettes, fruits, dim sum, fried rice, breads etc.

Girl friendly? Yes, no problem. They may want to hang on to your GF's I'd card "for security reasons". Nice hotel. I would return.

KellySlater
01-11-11, 21:38
I am considering this location for my trip-

I have not found any conclusive info on if it is GF with or without a charge.

Marriott executive apartments sukhumvit park.

90 Sukhumvit Soi 24, Klongton, Klongtoey · Bangkok.

Has anyone stayed there?

Also how is the location?

Seems to be right near Emporium mall which should be away from, but still pretty close to ground zero yes?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/bkksp-sukhumvit-park-bangkok-marriott-executive-apartments/

Thanks

Mouse1
01-13-11, 10:09
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree."

Frankie Goes To HollywoodAaaargh!

Actually you know that's wrong because you have misquoted FGTH.

Try Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Primo Bolan
01-13-11, 20:16
Eehh. Ok.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan

A pleasuredome erect

Anyway I was near, wasn`t I?

As Always PB

Bamboo Pete
01-13-11, 21:08
Amari Residences Sukhumvit has special offers currently :

http://www.amari.com/residences-sukhumvit/special-pre-opening.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ARS-Opening&utm_campaign=news_jan2011

But I have not found a post if they are guest friendly. On their home page, FAQ section, they write :

How many people can stay in one apartment?

Each apartment can accommodate a maximum of three people.

Does this mean they are guest friendly?