PDA

View Full Version : Login & Posting Problems - Questions and Answers by Members - No Admin Responses Here

Admin
07-30-02, 06:02
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Admin
07-30-02, 06:03
OK after a long time having problems with posting and logging on I figured it out. This post is basically for a few who dont know like me.

Basically you have to enable cookies in your browser AS WELL AS THIS WEBSITE: Go to the control panel and click on EDIT OPTIONS and see that cookies are enabled. You may have to try many times because as in my case if cookies were disabled in the control panels options then basically it is very hard to log on in the first place which in turn will not let you go in the control pane's screen.... I had the log on screen many times untill the website accepted my options change and now I am logging on and posting easily!

Erik
10-17-02, 13:31
I have not been able to read the China section during my trip in China. No problems with the other sections, but as soon as I entered a topic of the China sectino, the error screen appeared.

Do you think that reflects that the Chinese police is reading WSG or is that just the effect of automatic worl filters ? Why don't I have the same problem in Vietnam ?

Daddy
12-26-02, 09:46
I keep getting E-Mails stating that someone has responded to my post in Juarez???????? Never posted there? Can you help

It sounds like you are "subscribed" to the Juarez section, which means that the forum software will send you a notification email every time some other member posts a message in that section.

Since you must to specifically "subscribe" to a section, it was something you probably did while in the section and without noticing what you were doing.

Use the Controp Panel link on the left side menu bar to review what topics (if any) that you are subscribed to. You can also use the Control Panel edit or terminate any subscriptions.

Jackson

TheProwler
07-11-03, 00:34
It seems that this site is not compatible with an AOL browser. I have never been able to log in under AOL. When I use my Microsoft Explorer browser I can log in with no problem. Is there a fix to this?

FlyBy
07-14-03, 04:43
I can't edit my posts...says I don't have permission. please hook me up so I can edit my posts.

Nobody can edit their post after the first 30 minutes.

Jackson

Sorcerer
08-18-03, 17:21
Jackson,

I added a new post and attached a pciture to it. The link was automatically added to the posting by the new feature, BUT when I try to read it it says I do not have permission to access the page.

Great feature - wish we could post a couple of pics inline - but htis is a great addition.

Sorry guys, I didn't have the member settings properly configured. It should be working now.

Jackson

Just Mitch
09-02-03, 03:02
Jackson,

I am still having problems logging on and nothing seems to be wrong with my cookies set-up. I have used the assigned log ons (I think three by now, maybe two) and then changed them to one I can remember which seems to work once. But when I log on the next day, the new one doesn't work, the old ones don't work and I have to go through the whole process again. I sent you an admittedly frustrated sounding and slightly snarky sounding email complaining about this, but just got the standard auto reply which is useless. Please advise and tell me how I can simply log in without the hassles I realize you are extremely busy and I appreciate this site and the info, but there has to be an easier way and, frankly, your auto reply suggestions aren't cutting it.

Thank you.

Sometimes a one-size-fits-all doesn't cover individual concerns. Appreciate any suggestions you have or fiixes you can make to your site for this problem.

Sinverg Wenza
09-20-03, 14:38
I remember having seen help on how to enter text in italics, boldface, different colors, etc. somewhere. I can't seem to find it now. I suggest that this info could go into the FAQ.

I can't see the option to quote a report, either.

Perhaps those things are gone with the last posting problems or policy change that hasn't been advertised?

Freeler
09-21-03, 06:24
Just Mitch,

Is your day and time setting correct? - Some cookies don't work without proper date/ time setting.

Do you access through a secure proxy? - Perhaps the proxyserver adds or removes something vital.

Is your internetsecurity software blocking something? - There could be something there that makes your cookie set-up uncompatible with the log-on procedures of the forum.

Joe Zop
09-21-03, 15:46
Just Mitch -- you might also try turning off cookies for a couple of sessions and then turning them back on. Sometimes a bad cookie causes problems. I've found, for example, that logging in with cookies works fine for me, but browsing the board with cookies does not. I'd also suggest cleaning out your internet cache, as that can also make for issues.

Dick Travel
09-28-03, 16:13
Hi Jackson.

I seem to be having trouble posting a photo.

Im using the Russia, Moscow forum. I have recently added a text report, I was intending to attach a pic but it wouldnt post.

So, I sent the text alone and tried to send a seperate 1 liner report with the pic, still no joy. It takes ages then I get a page not found error.

The pic is a .jpg at the required physical size with a file size of just 60KB.

I hope it is me and not a problem for you.

Regards

Dick Travel

JustFun10
10-06-03, 09:34
Hi Jackson,

Been facing some problem with posting a reply to some member's queries. When i click on add new report i am asked to sign in. Which i duly do. But instead of going to the new report area i keep going back to the login page. Does this happen with others as well? Sometimes it takes me 3 to 5 attempts to get logged in to post a new report. Also when i finish typing out my post and press "submit" it goes back to the login in page. I lose all my input and have to start all over again. Hopse i dont have to loging again for this post. :)

ooopsss i was sent to the login page again :( Had to log in at least 8 times.

Eric T
10-08-03, 13:36
Hi Jackson,

JustFun (a senior member) asked me to notify you that something is seriously wrong with his account as he cannot post and cannot even go to change his settings and gets a 'not authorised or account blocked' message. Please look into his account and reset things to work well again.

Eric

Joe Zop
10-08-03, 15:17
His problem is probably one with the cookies on his machine, which means Jackson can't do anything about it. (He can confirm whether or not this is the issue by logging on from another computer.) Have him go in and delete those, then try changing things so his account doesn't use cookies to browse the board -- that's what worked for me when I had the same problem.

JustSumFun
10-13-03, 08:14
Hello Jackson,

I need your help in the matter of logging into my Justfun10 id. I can log in but when I want to add new report I get shuttled to this page which says Logged in USER and then the other option is Logout.

How can I post on the forum?

Please advise.

Justfun10

ps. Also in this id i cannot post. Everytime i click on submit report i go back to the login area. I lose all the content that i have typed and have to retype it all over again and invariably am thrown back to the log in area again. this post i have already tried to submit 3 times.

Cattawhumpus
10-29-03, 20:42
How do I edit my profile? Thanks in advance.

Use the "User Control Panel" link in the left side menu.

Robux
11-26-03, 16:04
Admin,

I can't send private messages.

- When I do, and select to save a copy, none is saved.

- When I send a test message to myself, none is received.

- I dropped the firewall and cookies are accepted. Have all the latest IE updates for V.6.x

Any suggestions?

Robux

Robux
11-29-03, 06:17
Regarding the issues I was having with PM: Nevermind.

I'm just a moron. Feel free to make "short bus" jokes at my expense. Was pushing the button on the "Go" right instead of the one on the left.

Robux

Kool Klyde
12-01-03, 08:47
Let me apologize to Jackson for a thousand emails about not being able to login and offer a possible solution to login problems. I use AslowL (AOL) and would login, get the welcome, and when I would go to the main index I was not logged in. In a PM with a WSG member on a different site he suggested I use a different Browser. What the heck, I had tried everything else. Logged on to AOL and opened Internet Explorer and everything works as advertised. If you keep having problems try a new browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape or whatever). Good luck!!

Denis
12-22-03, 08:55
Jackson,

First Best Wishes for the coming New Year,

Since a week I have problems to get to my private messages , every time I try to go in my inbox, I got the message box: You are not logged even if I am logged.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Denis

Hi Denis,

Please read http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1699.

Your problem is #6 on the list of symptoms.

Your solution is probably #1 on the list of solutions.

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Thanks,

Jackson

Denis
12-23-03, 16:56
Jackson,
Thanks, it worked!
Have a wonderfull Christmas and a fantastic mongering New Year
Denis

Dick for Brains
12-27-03, 06:53
Jackson - I don't know where else to post this even though this is clearly not the right place.

In any event here it goes:

Occasionally, after requesting a forum search, I click on one of the occurrences and the page AFTER the appropriate citation is activated rather than the page OF the appropriate citation.

Any chance of fixing this?

Hi,

It's a glitch in the Forum's programming. I've been waiting for several months for them to finally release their next upgrade of the program, which I assume will resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dubai Dog
01-17-04, 19:35
Hi,

So like me you recently found that you are not able to access this site. Why? Maybe an IP router problem on your country network or perhaps simply you live in Saudi Arabia and they block everything.

Here's the Solution:

1. 8 - 10 dollars a month you get your self a linux web account with pearl (cgi) enabled.

2. Then you dowload a cgi proxy. I recommended nph-proxy.cgi

http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

3. Follow instructions and install. Voila, a anon surfing proxy just for you.

4. Pass word protect the directory that you put it in so that only you have access.

5. Guess what? This will take you to any adult site that you want!

Enjoy

Sour Honey
01-23-04, 20:21
Thanks so much Jackson!

Orientalovers
02-10-04, 04:41
Dear Jackson,

In China, my connection to internet always interupting, and always disconnecting suddenly. I believe it is due to the server problem in China. When I post my field report here, I always disconnected half way and lost all my effort for typing my report. can I just download the 'add new report' from the forum and do the posting. After completing the post in my hard disk and reconnect back to the forum for posting. Please tell me about it.

Thanks for your precious time.

Octopussy

Hi,

I always suggest to everyone who is writing a long report that they write it in a word processing program first, then proofread and spell check, then save it as file on their computer, AND THEN copy and paste it into the forum.

With this method, there is no danger of losing your work, and besides, it's easier to write in a real word procession program first. Even if you're in an Internet Cafe computer with no word processing program installed, you can always use Notepad or WordPad.

Jackson

PeeWee
02-28-04, 23:44
Ok, I posted over 200 messages. Now when I log in I find I can no longer post (why) This has just happened within the last week and nothing has changed on my system, so I think it is on WSG's end.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization and punctuation. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation. Thanks!

SW Man
03-01-04, 19:16
OK, I think the server needs upgraded or something. Its kind of slow, but I am sure you've noticed that. I would like to alter my Private Message settings and can find no link to do so. A glossary of abbreviations would be great too. Everytime I click on the links to these parts it says "cannot be displayed" after timing out.

There was a temporary glich in the server that effected the performance for about 36 hours. It's been rectified.

The Forum is on a dedicated server, and stastically responds faster than 76% of all the websites on the internet.

There is a link at the top of the website that says "Terms and Abbreviations".

Thanks,

Jackson

BeachBum
03-05-04, 14:10
Jackson - - The system still seems to be very slow as of 0800 EST, Mar 5.

Vchip
03-08-04, 18:53
Jackson,

For about the last 1-2 weeks (including this session) the forum pages have been loading extremely slowly. In fact it's not uncommon to get a "server not responding, try again later" message. There definitely is a problem that your computer gurus need to fix.

Cheap Thrill #2
03-09-04, 15:16
Can someone 'PM' to make sure my private mssgs are working.

Thanks

Vchip
03-09-04, 19:00
Jackson,

Reference my post yesterday. I don't know what you did but the problem has gone away and the system is now lightning fast.

Brownout
04-12-04, 15:49
I have difficulty using PM as follows:

When I click 'PM' button in an article, I am led to the correct page. But when I go to Control Panel-Private Messages and try 'PM to buddies', The system behaved as if I hadn't been logged in.

Please work out a solution.

Freeler
04-12-04, 20:54
Cheap Thrill #2,

to find out if your PM is working simply send yourself a PM!

Lestat
04-21-04, 02:07
Hello can someonr please remiove the delay from my account. There seems to be about a 24hr delay in anything that I post & it is allways accompanied by the following canned statement:

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization and punctuation. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation.

Thanks!

Hi,

Several months ago your memberhsip was changed to "moderated" status so I could have the opportunity to review and edit your reports to meet to the Forum's Posting Guidelines before they were displayed in the Forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jammer
06-11-04, 20:00
Hi Jackson,

Was there something wrong with my Brevard County post recently? It never-appeared and I never heard from you about it. I've tried to read/know the rules, and I don't *think* I did anything wrong. The post was about some police hassling a young lady for unknown reasons just south of where most of us drive. Anyway, if I broke some rule please let me know (also, can I be Jammer99 instead of just Jammer please? I think I read/knew your rules when I made up my name, and the 99 has meaning for me -- I am sorry if it apparently makes me resemble a previous abusive member, but I assure you I am not that person.

Thanks,

Jammer99

Miao28
06-28-04, 00:09
Jackson,

Whenever I press the search button on a member, I am taken to the search page but I am not able to go back to the original page when I hit the back button on my browser.

I wonder if it is a problem with my browser. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106IC.

Thank you.

Privateguy88
07-09-04, 09:14
I go to the photo section and click on a photo. I can view the photo but when I close the photo (click red 'x' in corner), the window closes and so does I.E.

The "back" botton does not work. It appears to be a 'dead-end' link and I have to close the brouser and reopen again, log on, etc. I think I.E. closes when I click on the photo link.

This just started today.

Daddy Lows
07-09-04, 22:12
Miao,

When you do a request function like that and press back ONCE, it'll do the same request. Try pressing the back browser twice and then it should skip over the request and go back the previous page. I've done this before like in February when I was a newbie.

Jackson,

I've tried adding some more subscribed sections to my PM system but alas, have not been successful. This was last week and earlier this week. Thanks and thanks for a great website.

Peace

Hi,

When you subscribe to a section of the forum, the announcements you receive are sent to your EMAIL ADDRESS as an email, not as a message to your PM mailbox.

Yet another reason to have a valid email address.

Jackson

Matisse
07-12-04, 08:18
I can log in to the site, but when I try to view a photo or post, it says that I am not logged in and takes me to the log in page. So I log in to view a photo, but when I go back to the forum and try to view another photo, I have to log in again. And then I try to post and the same problem. I have to repeatedly log in. I don't know what is wrong. I don' t think I changed any of my settings.

Figrindan
07-13-04, 04:15
This is not really about Login/Posting, but I didn't see a more appropriate forum.

There is a small problem in the forums. When I click "printable version" and then "show all 999 posts on one page", it is broken, it only shows the same 15 recent posts. I REALLY want all 999 all at once! Thank you for all your time.

Daddy Lows
07-22-04, 19:38
Matisse,

You might have to check you internet options on your browser. If it's Internet Explorer, go to the security settings then go all the way down to where there are login options. I think I recall one saying logon with username and password. Also, try going to your PMs first. You'll get a login screen. Then check your PMs (since most members here plain forget to do that anyways!). You should be able to access everything else without having to constantly login.

Jackson et al,

I have a problem with using the Microsoft Photo Shop resizing function. Or maybe it is working properly. I noticed in the Test Messages section that the resized photos I posted have a sort of edginess, pixellated look to them. I originally took them in 4.0 MP 1600x1200? jpg format. I use an Aiptek 4500 DVR camera. When I do the resize, the picture looks ok quality-wise on my laptop, but then when I checked it out here, it looked awful. My phone camera had better quality! Am I missing something when I'm resizing? Thanks to everyone (anyone) for responding.

Peace

If you do not own a graphics program, you may download a free program called Image Resizer at http://www.imageresizer.com

Homer69
08-10-04, 04:52
Jackson,

My userid was upgraded (Thank you) but there is a problem with the way it displays. I'm guessing it has to do with my charitable benefactor status? It should show up when you read this message in the bar on the left side.

Homer

Member #2001
08-10-04, 07:19
I have noticed the last 2 days that there has been a problem viewing the "veiw new posts" section. Its does not work.

Someone might want to take a look at it

Member #2001
08-10-04, 07:27
the message that comes up is as follows:

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./includes/functions_search.php in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Warning: main(./includes/functions_search.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Jake Sins
08-10-04, 18:24
I too am experiencing the same problem as Member 2001. The same error message also comes up when trying to view message posted over the last 24 hours.

Jake

Rolly Polly
08-10-04, 18:41
Member 2001

I'm having the same problem. It comes up if you use the search feature also (at least the one at the bottom of the posts).

Daddy Lows
08-10-04, 19:43
Guys,

All search-enabled functions are disabled. I usually like to search the posts of people who PM me for contact info, just to get a handle of what type of posts they report (i.e. more requests or actual field reports). I haven't been able to do that. Also, I like to hit the Last 24 Hours to see what the world has been up to. Can't do that either. Perhaps, Jackson is modifiying or upgrading the site this week?

Peace

Member #2395
08-12-04, 00:57
I am experiencing the sme problems as those immediately below, and I can only presume that all other members are as well.

Is Jackson aware of this......does he check this forum?

Fantastic site.

Gentlemen,

"does he check this forum"

What, is this question a joke?

I wish that the Forum would run itself, but I only check the forum about 50 times a day.

I am always aware of every issue, malfunction or other proglem that the forum is experiencing.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sorcerer
08-14-04, 15:31
Jackson,

Great forum - probably the best on the net - and I know it takes a whole lot of your time and I appreciate it.

I WAS going to ask about the Search problem - but I found that you are working on it. THANK YOU! Great job...

Thank you
Sorcerer

Rock Dog
08-18-04, 06:07
Jackson,

I've noticed that some of my recent reports haven't gotten posted. Usually, they go up in a day or two.... which is great! Recently it seems like they've been taking quite a bit longer. Also, I'm pretty sure that it was at least a couple of posts that never made it.

This is by no means a complaint. Rather, I am curious to know if there's anything else going on besides the search malfunction. One member has suggested that everyone's busy watching the Olympics.

Maybe one of these days I should get off my lazy butt and upgrade to senior member status! That way, I wouldn't have to wonder about posting delays. Hmmmm, wonder if I have enough good reports to qualify yet? ;)

Rock

I've been busy.

tomQ2
08-30-04, 13:57
Hi Jackson:

Do you have any ideas why I ywould receive the following message when checking "last 24 hours"?

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./includes/functions_search.php in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Warning: main(./includes/functions_search.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Thanks in advance.

Tom

MJG Dogs
08-30-04, 14:37
Jackson,

I am in sosua. I posted a true and very telling story about my experience with Sara tha haitiana. I am curious to why it was not posted?

The story about the shank, the extortion is 100% true. Was the report not posted because it was so hard to believe?

Trust me. It is all true. Please e-mail me with an explaination. I do not want others to go through all the bullshit that I had to encounter.

MJG Dogs

Dear John 69
08-31-04, 06:08
Jackson

I have posted a few times and my post either dont show up at all or they come on days latter. What gives?

DJ69

During the past month I've been extremely busy attending to the responsibilities of my profession, which is how I earn the money to support this FREE service.

You are welcome.

Jackson

MSJ44
09-01-04, 03:04
Hey Jackson,

Was wondering why I can't access the search function, or last 24 hour functions on the site?

Any suggestions? Should I just logout/ back in agin, and clear out the cookies?

Thanks!

Big John Stud
09-01-04, 20:39
Fellow members,

Seems like the Search function has been down for several weeks, at least. This is a server/ scripting error, not cookies. Maybe safe to assume it was disabled for whatever reason? Any website like this gets plagued by all kinds of hackers, DDOS attempts, et cetera. I am sure The Admin is working on any problems... the Search is a very helpful feature, lets hope it will be restored soon.

Hi BJS,

You are correct, and I appreciate your patience, which is a refreshing change from many of the emails I have received on the subject, many of which were just plain rude.

BTW, effective this afternoon, the search function has been restored.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dear John 69
09-02-04, 14:24
Jackson,

My post are not showing up on the board, and when they do they are two to three days behind. I am wondering what is going on?

DJ69

I've been busy, and now I'm catching up.

Thanks,

Jackson

Warpig2000
09-04-04, 01:44
I'm with MSJ44- I miss the last 24 hour and search functions. Jackson, this site is awesome so I really don't want to complain, but it would be nice to be able to see the posts of the day globally across all forums once again- it made the site so much easier to navigate.

9/07/04 Post Script: Thank you Jackson for fixing Search. It is much appreciated

NutHang
09-06-04, 00:57
NOTE: Search interface has been restored, very helpful to checkout a girl's name. Thank You!

Homer69
09-27-04, 16:35
Jackson,

Can you take a look at the html for my user name? I think something to do with my Charity Benefactor status may have caused something to make it look screwy.

Thank you.

Rolly Polly
09-27-04, 19:16
Jackson,

How the hell do you find all the time for upkeep of this site and still manage to make a living??

I need to know your secret either to making money or to time management because I am lacking in both! :)

Cheers and come visit us in South Florida once in a while...!

Rolly

Joe B Cool
10-12-04, 16:55
Hey all,

Can someone tell me how I can delete a message I posted?

Whenever I 'click' edit message it tells me I'm not a regular member?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Charlie18
10-15-04, 03:13
Any help would be appreciated here. Basically the problem is that I cannot view sent or recieved private messages. When I log on I am told that I have 0 unread messages and 4 messages total. I have not viewed one single message other than when I was typing one and and clicked Send. I have clicked "Go" nedt to All Messages to no avail. I have also tried different browsers and have tried deleting old cookies and the like. Again, thanks to anyone who has suggenstions on what to do, and remember, I cannot read incoming PM's as of now so sending me one will not help as I cannot read it.

Charlie18

Daddy Lows
10-15-04, 10:49
Charlie,

Try this link and see if you have disabled the PM function.

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/usercp.php?s=$session[sessionhash]

Joe B Cool,

You need Senior Member status to edit your posts. Keep the info flowing and Jackson will get to you sooner or later. I was around 315 posts before Jackson got to my 4 month old request. Actually, I was mulling over whether it was better for me to stay a regular member but now, after several months, I can say it sure is nice seeing your posts show up ASAP and being able to edit them.

Peace

Roadie
10-22-04, 20:10
I have not been able to post to the forum for about a week now.

I am an regular member and have posted previously under the name roadie.

It keep getting a message the I am not authorized to post.

Can anything be done?

Shakedown
11-12-04, 17:59
I am a senior member and ever since the "update" I have been unable to submit a post. Am I missing something? The entire CT section is either in a similar situation or else everyone has become so frustrated that they are not posting anymore. Is it just me or is there something I am missing?

Scott69
11-22-04, 22:39
I keep trying the new form to request a senior member upgrade, but I always get a server error. So I can't make the request. At the same time, I submitted two or three reports 3 or 4 days ago and they are not appearing - usually they are up by now. Any help on getting this working?Have the same problem with the upgrade, internal sever error. I tried to email Jackson but the email was returned due to full box, I tried the PM but that was also full. It takes days for a post to get posted.........please help, am I doing something wrong???

Scott

Geeze, guys, I'm just busy. That's all there is.

Jackson

Edonist
11-24-04, 10:30
Dear Jackson,

Your site is ecxcellent. You are doing a great service to Mankind. Despite all your Sins you will probably go to Heaven as a Benefactor.

However: let me tell you the story of this poor little "Regular member" who wanted to ask some questions and get some answers. He wanted to learn some stuff. He also wanted other member to read his reports and give back what he took out.

Since he had a 48 hours wait before his posts had a chance of appearing on the forum, by the time they did, they had got completely lost behind all the real-time posts of "Senior members".

After a few days he got very frustrated because despite all his worthy efforts he could not contribute and participate actively in the Forum.......

I've tried asking for senior membership which I hope I should be entitled to based upon my track record but I keep getting internal server error asking me to contact 'ralphcarson1@yahoo.com'.

Jackson this is a real problem , please help.

Edonist.

Daddy Lows
11-30-04, 17:49
Edonist,

Wait your turn, dude. I waited 5 months and 300+ posts before Jackson got to me. Dude, it's a free no-charge site. Remember that. BTW, look up Letters to the Editor. Some others experienced the same problems. Jackson told them to send a direct email to Jackson's email address.

Baltimonger,

See missive below. :rolleyes:

Sir Jackson,

Whenever I click on a user's name in a post to open up a sub-menu, I get the following notification:
Daddy Lows, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Am I doing something wrong altogether? Thanks for your consideration.

Peace

Rush 2112
12-01-04, 00:29
Daddy Lows,
I clicked on your user name and got the drop-down menu. I clicked on 'Find all posts by Daddy Lows', and was given a list of all your posts. The feature that doesn't work is 'View public profile'. This one is disabled for everyone.

BTW: Single left click on the name.

Toilet Fish
01-02-05, 08:57
I dont' have a problem posting or getting kicked off the forum. My problem is, I want to be able to send and recieve PMs but when I go to the user control panel and try to either change it so I can use PMs I get the following message:

Toilet Fish, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I use the Opera browser, I tried switching to I.E. but have the same problem. Any ideas?

The User Control Panel is temporarily disabled.

Alliwantislove
01-09-05, 18:19
I brought with me to Buenos Aires a printed copy of a recent forum message. But I am unable to find it using the search function. (I am trying to find out who posted it, that info is not in my printed copy.) I've only been searching for individual words. I've tried Lavalle, Florida, and marginally. One word at a time. Lavalle and Florida gave me lots of hits but not the one I was looking for. The message I was looking for was in the Argentina section but I forget now which forum.

Just thought I should mention it.

Bob

JackDaniels
01-16-05, 23:23
I am not sure of others are experiencing the same problems, but over the last few weeks, I am finding the site to be unavailable for long periods of time. It is also incredibly slow. Maybe it is still the problems from the upgrade.

Cronin
01-17-05, 03:27
Jack:

Same here. Although you probably can't see this post, it took about two hours of trying to get this one post up. And I'm not sure that when I hit the submit button it will really go up. Haven't been able to post for a couple weeks.

Since I'm in China, I'm never sure if the problem is WSG or China. But, I can see that very few posts have gone up over the past few days.

Frustrating to have photos to post and be unable to post them. But what the hell are we doing sitting in front of the computer when there are perfectly good girls who need our advice and comfort. I assume Jackson shares our pain, this new system may not be all he hoped it would be. I wouldn't want his job, he's a saint in my book.

Cronin

Comrade 2255
02-09-05, 09:14
Keep trying Cronin, I'm missing your pic updates in the PRC section.

Daddy Lows
02-21-05, 16:54
Jackson,

Word of caution. I just now tried to log in unsuccessfully about 10 times. All attempts were using my screen name and password. The following screen log-in confirmation showed the following three names and I was able to go to the user profile and PM system of these following three names (I did not read anyone's PMs!!!):

One Tall Bear
Doh Man
Star69

I'll repost this in the appropriate area as well. Thank you so much for your sincerity, integrity, and honesty.

Peace

Coma Boy
02-25-05, 13:31
Hi, my username is Coma Boy, but for some reason it has just changed to "Member #2967".

How can I get my real username back?

Ima Chump
02-25-05, 14:49
This is in no way bitcning about the on going challenges we ALL are experiencing. I hope everyone remembers that Jackson is providing this service at NO CHARGE to anyone. He's turned me down countless times when I've offered to help offset the expenses he encures maintaining the board, not to mention the endless time he puts in. Why he would put up with anyone complaining is beyond me.

The following is merely what I am experiencing daily.

Most everytiime I post, I booted back to the "Don't get agravated" screen 6-7 times before the post finally goes thru. It's worse if I'm trying to upload a picture.

More importantly my post count is not correct. Every message I've posted has the same low number count. IT's rising but my count is weel over 100. I just brought up my posts from months ago and thay had the same number shown for post I made yesterday? Anyone else????

Mont Aber
03-10-05, 04:56
Hello,

First of all let me say thank you for upgrading my account from viewing member to regular member, I look forward to posting reports of some of the locations I visit.

The username that I created my account with is spelled Montaber, one word. Upon being unable to log in and requesting my password be sent to me I found that my username was no long Montaber but is now Mont Aber, two words. I received no email notification that my account had been upgraded or changed. Would it be too much to ask to have my original username reinstated? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

-Monty

Coach 245
03-13-05, 10:47
Thanks Jackson for upgrading my Membership so that I can start posting! I have traveled to BA twice and Mexico numerous times. I have enjoyed the help from the members on the forum. They have helped me escape many of the common problems encountered by many unsuspecting travelers. Thanks again and I am looking forwarding to posting MANY reports!

Cronin
03-30-05, 10:55
Hi Jackson,

I just visited Captshanghai in Shanghai (of course), and he cannot get onto the site to view messages.

The server will send the password to his email, so that is working, but he can never actually get in to view the posts. He keeps getting some kind of permission errors. Those shouldn't prevent him from simply viewing, but for some reason it is doing just that.

He tried to email, but got a full box message, which I've gotten before too, so I thought I might leave this here and hope you see it.

In the half microsecond you have left to solve these kinds of problems, we're hoping you can render some assisitance. I can provide his email if you need it.

Cronin

Mountains
04-04-05, 01:24
Hello Jackson,

I am a registered user but unfortunately I can not view pictures on various postings.

Sharkman CT
04-05-05, 12:22
Hello Jackson,

I am a registered user but unfortunately I can not view pictures on various postings.I am having the same difficulty as well.

Dick Nasty
04-05-05, 19:16
I am having the same difficulty as well.I am going through the same, could not view pictures where I have always been able to do. Please check. Thank you.

DN

Kens14
04-06-05, 16:46
Hi Jackson,

I can view all pictures but I can't attach any pictures to my posts. I get this message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/newattachment.php on this server.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.*************.info Port 80"

I really wanted to post some pics of a BKK honey for the entertainment of all the gentleman here !

please help,

Kens

Richard Kopf
04-07-05, 01:17
I have many photos I would love to post but every time I try I get the following message in the pop-up box. Any solution?

PJ

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/newattachment.php on this server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.*************.info Port 80

Fudgie
04-07-05, 08:36
Regarding the login and photo problems, try temporarily disabling your firewall and/or virus protection. This works for me but of course it is not a long term solution.

Kens14
04-08-05, 11:30
Fudgie,

thanks for the advice, I tried switching off firewall and still couldn't post photo's. I then tried switching off anti-virus software and still couldn't post ! I then switched firewall back on and still couldn't post photo's...,

So, I'm still in a pickle. Got to say I didn't like switching off firewall / anti-virus software - it felt like going bareback with a Bangkok freelancer ! (I imagine as I have never been stupid enough to play russian roulette like that).

Cheers anyway,

Kens

Marauder
04-10-05, 23:49
In accordance with the previous posters on this problem, I find that I get a forbidden error when I try to view a photo. However, I can view photos from the usasexguide.info site no problemo.

Best regards and thanks for all of your hard work Jackson.

ThaiMarauder

David51
04-28-05, 19:20
I have received word from Jackson that I am now a Senior Member (thanks, Jackson!)...but I notice that I am a Senior Member on the ************* forum, but a Regular Member on the USAexGuide forum.

Does anyone know if my Senior Membership will roll from one system to the other--does this happen once a day, once a week, never?

Thanks for any information.

-David51

Pretty Boy 96
04-28-05, 21:44
David 51 I have that very excact problem had it been resolved for you or is it still the same ????

David51
04-28-05, 22:31
Problem has not been resolved...will wait a few days and see what happens. But I also think that my posting counts are now different in the two systems...like Jackson cloned all the user data when he split the site but they are now independent.

-David51

Jimpur
04-29-05, 20:48
Problem has not been resolved...will wait a few days and see what happens. But I also think that my posting counts are now different in the two systems...like Jackson cloned all the user data when he split the site but they are now independent.

-David51
iam having the same problem maby jackson eill get it handel

zorro2002
06-10-05, 12:17
Isn't it possible to see photos and threads directly without clicking on the attachment?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Zorro,

I'm not sure what you are asking about.

"photos and threads"

Obviously anyone can see the threads withing clicking on an attachment.

To see the attachments, it seem sobvioust to me tha tyou need to click on the link for the attachiment.

Please clarify your question.

Thanks,

Jackson

El Frances
07-01-05, 13:15
Hi !

I've been temporarily upgraded to senior member and received the following message:

"I recently revised the Senior Member Upgrade procedure by developing a
form to help me process these upgrade requests in the future. However,
given the length of time that many existing Senior Membership canidates
such as yourself had been waiting for an upgrade, I decided to elevated
your membership status to Senior Member immediately. Please be aware
that this is a temporary upgrade and will not be made permanent until you
complete the new Senior Membership Request form.

In other words, I upgraded your membership based on your original
request posted in the Forum, but I want you follow the new procedure and
submit another upgrade request using the new form before I will make your
Senior Membership permanent.

The new upgrade request form, which you need to complete within the
next 30 days to ensure that your Senior Membership upgrade is made
permanent, may be found by selecting the "Senior Upgrade" link in the left
side menu column of the website.

If you do not send in an upgrade request using the new form sometime
within the next 30 days, you membership will automatically be revised
back to Regular Member. "

I could not get access to the new upgrade request. What should I do ?
Thanks !

Ciccio
07-22-05, 20:48
Hy everybody.

I don't know if this is the correct thread, so forgive if this message is OT here.

The problem is that when I click on Archive at the bottom of the page I get a "page not found" error.

I remeber that it worked fine, some time ago.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ciccio

I noticed this a few days ago. It's under investigation.

Thanks,

Jackson

AsiaTraveler2
07-31-05, 07:47
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but could not find a better place. Does anyone know where the USA link went? It was visible before on the international page, but now it's gone. I would like to be able to access the USA info as well.

AT2

******** Sorry, disregard this post. I found the site.

Mufu
08-02-05, 19:07
It may be nothing but I wonder if other have the same problem or even if it may be some kind of Id alienation.

When I enter the homepage (blue), I click to enter and I am identified; however when I click anything on the following page (white) I come back to the blue one.

On the second entering, everything works fine!!

Karbon
08-03-05, 08:45
It may be nothing but I wonder if other have the same problem or even if it may be some kind of Id alienation.

When I enter the homepage (blue), I click to enter and I am identified; however when I click anything on the following page (white) I come back to the blue one.

On the second entering, everything works fine!!I am having this problem too. Keep getting tossed back to the blue intro page on login attempt. Happens always using Opera 8.01 in Linux and sometimes in Mozilla 1.7.10 in Linux.

USTraveller
08-05-05, 06:39
I noticed the same thing when I logged into the *************.info site. I figured when I clicked on a link, it was re-directing me to the new URL. Now, I just go directly to the internationalsexguide.info site and have no problems.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/

Also, if you need the link to the USA site, here it is:

http://www.usasexguide.info/

-USTraveller

Me and You
08-05-05, 10:39
Hello friends,

I am a regular member and i want to delete a phone number. I need your help about the way to delete.

Thank you

USTraveller
08-06-05, 04:26
I am a regular member and i want to delete a phone number. I need your help about the way to delete.
Me and You,

If you are concerned about this post (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=308480&postcount=54), the phone number appears as XXXXXXXXXXXXX. If you want to delete a phone number from somewhere else, you'll have to be more specific.

Jackson already answered your question here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=351762&postcount=987). Here is a link to the section with the FAQ Question for Editing Posts (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/faq.php?faq=posting_questions#faq_posting_questions_04) (it's the 4th one down). Be careful when putting personal information in a public forum in the future.

-USTraveller

Me and You
08-06-05, 08:46
I would like to thank you very much for your help and to to delete the phone number in the post. I appreciate it.

Alberto

Me and You,

If you are concerned about this post (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=308480&postcount=54), the phone number appears as XXXXXXXXXXXXX. If you want to delete a phone number from somewhere else, you'll have to be more specific.

Jackson already answered your question here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=351762&postcount=987). Here is a link to the section with the FAQ Question for Editing Posts (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/faq.php?faq=posting_questions#faq_posting_questions_04) (it's the 4th one down). Be careful when putting personal information in a public forum in the future.

-USTraveller

Prokofiev
08-26-05, 14:57
jackson,

i received an email today from you explaining the forum name changes. thanks.

but i have been unable to enter either the usa or the argentina sites for the last month.
the argentina site links to a fedora core test page.
the usa site links to nothing. the webpage will not come up at all and often locks up my computer.

i have recently changed to cox high-speed cable for my internet access. could it be my e-mail address? can't see how. my old msn is still active. can providers block paticular sites from their networks?

i'm puzzled . . .

thanks - prokofiev

Kimochi
08-27-05, 09:11
Hi,

I am somewhat new to posting on WSG or should I say ISG. I'm not sure if this is just how the forum operates, but I find when I make a post, it doesn't show up immediately. I get the usual confirmation about the post and that it will redirect me, and then dump me to the top forum page. Then, usually the following day, my post will show up. Is this normal?

Hi,

Please read the Forum FAQ.

Thanks,

Jackson

Ekspat
08-30-05, 03:17
Dear Jackson,

Yesterday I tried to upload a pic with dimensions 1200x800, but 75kB only. Did not work.

On the other hand I've seen here already pics 640x480 with around 150-200kB.

Wouldn't it be better to set a limitation on the kB?

Let's say, no pics larger than 100kB or so? Would also reduce your traffic a bit and I think, a pic 1200x800 with medium compression looks still better than a pic 640x480 and low compression.(IMHO)

Just my two cents for consideration.

Cheers!

Little Wing
09-07-05, 21:32
I'm sure this is a temporary problem, but it is a bit annoying.

Since the new homepage went up I have only been able to login by doing the following:

1. Click on "forums" to go to the old homepage.

2. Login.

If I try to login on the new homepage I get the "Welcome" splash screen, but then get thrown back to the homepage in an un-logged-in state.

Little Wing

Gualtier Malde
09-10-05, 01:50
Hi Jackson,

I'm having the same problem Little Wing reports below, except if I try to log in from the new homepage I'm told my account hasn't been activated. This just started after my upgrade to Senior Member, for which I have not received an activation code.

I'm sure this is a temporary problem, but it is a bit annoying.

Since the new homepage went up I have only been able to login by doing the following:

1. Click on "forums" to go to the old homepage.

2. Login.

If I try to login on the new homepage I get the "Welcome" splash screen, but then get thrown back to the homepage in an un-logged-in state.

Little Wing

On The Go
09-10-05, 02:27
Hello Jackson,
Sorry about being a pain in the butt but I am also experiencing the logging in problems described in the prior posts. I am sure you are on top of it like you are everything else. Thank you again for providing us a great site!.

I Jags
09-13-05, 00:56
Looks like I am not the only one. I get the message below everytime I log in. I was upgraded to Senior as well.
I sent Jackson emails but they were returned invalid address.

I Jags, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your membership may not be activated.
Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.
You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.
Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

Surin Boy
09-13-05, 01:09
Having the same problem ie: cant log into new page every time have to get in by clicking FORUMS but VERY slow to connect and I know I have no network problems.

Teething problem but I'm sure it will get sorted.

Surin Boy

JustGotBack
09-13-05, 15:51
Is anyone else getting a "your account is not activated" error message when trying to get on the forum now? It started yesterday for me. I can still get in the backdoor but if I try to get in the front door it gives me an error. There's an activation page now, how do I get a activation code?

WSJ3
09-13-05, 18:28
Is anyone else getting a "your account is not activated" error message when trying to get on the forum now? It started yesterday for me. I can still get in the backdoor but if I try to get in the front door it gives me an error. There's an activation page now, how do I get a activation code?

Yeah I am getting this error message as well...

I am using the work around but it is a bit frustrating...

Jackson please advise.

Peace:
WSJ3
:)

Little Wing
09-14-05, 00:50
OK, thing have improved for me. I can now view the home page.

I still have to login by going to "forums" but that's now only a minor problem, that I presume will go away sometime soon.

Little Wing

I Jags
09-14-05, 02:55
Just an FYI.

Little Wing
09-16-05, 02:36
Am I the only one still having problems?

I still have to go to the "Forums" link to be able to successfully login. If I login from "Home" it tells me I'm logged in, but then goes to the "unloggedin" page.

I also wanted to ask a question about ordering of messages.
This really isn't the right thread, but there is no thread for "Miscellaneous Questions".

In User CP > Edit Options
it looks like I should be able to change "Thread Display Mode" to
"Linear Oldest First"

In fact, that's how I have it set. But I still get the newest mesages at the top. Of course, this is a personal preference thing, but I'd really like the option. Newest first is OK when you are reading threads you keep up with, but oldest first would be much easier when you want to read a lot of historical postings.

I've noticed that Thread Tools > Show Printable Version displays oldest first. I might just use that to read historical threads...

Little Wing

Lennio
09-29-05, 14:06
hello,

is there some way to make my posts visible immidiately? do i need to have made a certain amount of quality posts? because some people got me wrong in the guangzhou topic and i already replied that it is not the case that i am looking for **** girls but 18 years olds. i wished they could see my response to limit attacks against me. :(

hi,

please read the forum faq.

thanks,

jackson

Member #1943
11-05-05, 15:58
Dont know where else to post this, but what happened to the usasexguide.info website?

Tried accessing this several times, but seems like the webpages no longer exist.

Hi #1943,

The USA site is at http://www.usasexguide.info

25,000 people successfully login to the site yesterday, so I'm inclined to believe that it's working correctly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Pixmxr
12-23-05, 04:24
Hi Jackson,

Thanks for the website. I joined so I could see the photos. But I can't find the "Photo Gallery Viewer" like the USA site has. I think it should be in the tool bar, but I can't find it. H E L P !

thanks,

Pix-out

Mango Jango
02-22-06, 03:46
How do I edit or delete a post a week later? The edit button is no longer available to me. I want to delete some pics that I posted since the girl is in a spot of trouble. Please help with your ideas/suggestions. PM please.

Piper1
02-22-06, 08:25
How do I edit or delete a post a week later? The edit button is no longer available to me. I want to delete some pics that I posted since the girl is in a spot of trouble. Please help with your ideas/suggestions. PM please.Mango - send a direct PM to Admin. Make the subject title clear and "urgent" as Jackson gets many PMs.

Elberto
04-16-06, 19:36
Since I got my paid membership I have been having a problem with the site crashing my browser when I log in. I haven't noticed problems on other websites I visit, so this appears to be an isolated problem. I am using Firefox 1.0.7 on XP.

I don't have any problems with viewing the site before I log in, but after I log in it locks up and I have to ctrl-alt-del then open the browser again. It happens often when I try to open images from the photo galleries.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, or heard of a fix?

Thanks,

Elberto

Silver Shadow
08-12-06, 15:15
Jackson:

I've tried the last two days to subscribe, and each time my form returns with the password spaces blank.

My original password was KAYPOSSUM, and I've never changed it.

When I used the "Did You Forget" feature, I was given 29279923.

That didn't work either. I double-checked the "Forget" button, and was told it was blue3077.

Third try, it told me 77138776. No good.

It also tells me that my username,Silver Shadow, is in use. It is indeed. By me, as I have been a Senior Member for several years.

It also states that my email address (jhfindley@earthlink.net) is also in use. No one else on the planet has that email address but me.

How to solve this? I'm eager to charge my $19.95 and get back in touch.

Many thanks -

Mak Daddy
09-14-06, 02:46
Jackson:

Not that I expect you to post this, but I did not know how else to contact you.

How about a photo resizer like: http://forums.piatnight.com/resize.php

Regards,

Mak

============================================

Hi Mak Daddy,

You mean programs like these:

How can I resize my images to meet the Forum's requirements?

You can resize your images using almost any graphics program such as Photoshop, Paintshop or Microsoft's Publisher.

If you do not have a graphics program on your computer you can download a FREE program called Mihov Image Resizer from www.imageresizer.com.

This FREE program is easy to use, and will quickly reduce, rename and save the photos you select to the size necessary for the Forum, all while leaving your existing image file completely untouched. Let's keep those photographs coming!

Another free image resizer may be found at www.xemico.com/photogadget.

Copied directly from the Forum FAQ.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/faq.php?faq=photo_gallery_questions#faq_photo_gallery_questions_05

Thanks,

Jackson

Vagringo2
11-25-06, 21:53
I tried several times when you moved or sold world sex guide maybe since my e-mail changed I cannot sighn into va gringo. U ever thought we should make a movie about a hitman slash ***** monger that travels the world doing his bizz. You have enough writer staff huh

Brian h (Vagringo and Vagringo 2)

Silver Shadow
01-06-07, 20:43
Hi Jackson:

I'm reasonably computer stupid, but since I sent in my $25 membership fee, I haven't been able to access the USA Forum.

Here's what happens:

1 I open
2 I click International Sex Guide
3 I click USA Sex Guide
4 I click "Enter Here"
5 I click "New York"
6 I click "Manhattan"
7 I click "Massage Parlor Reports"
8 I'm taken back to International Sex Guide.

What am I doing wrong? This was always accessable before I sent in my membership fee, and it now seems out of reach.

The board tells me, "Your subscription is active", but I can't access the US data. No complaints with the international postings - I'm able to get all of them.

Please advise.

Silver Shadow

Travel Guy
01-17-07, 14:47
Jackson can I change my password and if so how do I do it?

Thanks

Yankee 617
05-29-07, 14:54
FYI...

Just tried logging in via WiFi at an internet cafe and found that I was
blocked by some sort of content filtering agency called Sonicwall.

http://cfssupport.sonicwall.com/

Synombinky
06-21-07, 12:45
Howdy. I can get internationalsexguide.info on my computer without problems, but for a few days now, usasexguide.info is totally blocked. Do you guys have this problem too right now? Thanks.

Binky

Mandrake
06-21-07, 18:32
Howdy. I can get internationalsexguide.info on my computer without problems, but for a few days now, usasexguide.info is totally blocked. Do you guys have this problem too right now? Thanks.

Binky

Hi binky I just checked and had no probs, try clicking below.
http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/

Thanks, m

Xenono
06-23-07, 21:07
Hello.

For the past two or three days I have been unable to search on the forums.

Each time I try I receive the following message:

"The forum database is currently being backed up and should return to normal service within 5 minutes Please try again in a couple of minutes by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

I apologise for any inconvenience. Thanks, Jackson"

HoleRanger
07-21-07, 16:16
Hello all,

The past three days I have been unable to view the link for message status/private messages. This information use to be on the third line in the upper right hand corner underneath my handle and "last visit" time.

I notified admin who sent his suggestion, no results after changing my cookies settings in IE and checking my admin file for ISG cookies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

NicFrenchy
08-07-07, 04:39
When I log on, everything is Normal, but then when I press "New Reports" at the top, the bottom message appears :

The forum database is currently being backed up and
should return to normal service within 5 minutes
Please try again in a couple of minutes by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

I apologise for any inconvenience. Thanks, Jackson

Now I would usually wait a while and re-try later, but this has been going on for about 20 hours now so I think there might be a bug somewhere?

I have cleared my cookies and re-tried but unfortunately encountered the same message.

If I go to the Forums and individually click on the countries, it works fine. Problem is, I like to see the "New Reports" since the last time I logged in.

Xenono
08-08-07, 04:08
I am getting the database backup message when I try to search. I can get to the search page, but when I try to click the search button I get:

The forum database is currently being backed up and
should return to normal service within 5 minutes
Please try again in a couple of minutes by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

I apologise for any inconvenience. Thanks, Jackson============================================

Greetings Xenono,

The Forum's server is currently suffering from a hardware issue that is manifesting itself in these periodic database connectivity problems. My server consultant and I have been aware and have been monitoring this intermittent problem for several days now. However, the problem will be solved shortly because we will be moving the forum to a new, more powerful server with a couple of days.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Jackson

Mike Frankfurt
08-08-07, 05:59
I just made a suscription, and have following question.

1. I already add 3 posts (2 are about 4 weeks ago when I was not a suscriper) and one new post today in a philippine tread (gallery). Incl 2 photos, but after I could not see the posting, but the 2 photos are in the photo gallery. All of the 3 posts I could not see.

2. When I open a thread, I can read the text, but I can't see the photos.

Somebody could help me

Thx from mikel

=======================================

Hi Mike,

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page of the forum to send me an email regarding your situation.

Thanks,

Jackson

NicFrenchy
08-08-07, 08:21
My problem (see below) seems to be Fixed now. All is back to normal.

Thanks a lot for fixing it ;)

That Asshole
11-04-07, 08:58
RE: Embeded links to other posts or sites

It would be nice if these links would actually work. But I have tried them on several different computers and only an error-report comes up.

I mean the "www.blabla....postcount.321xx" blue links with which we can refer to some previous report for further info or to some outside source such as relevant travel info.

For example my recent "Surabaya/Indonesia" posting refers to several connecting posts such as "Batam, Singapore, etc" as well as linking to maps posted previously. ALL the links seem to be broken and lead to an error report.

If they actually worked, they would make the report to be like a real book. Each one opening up another connecting chapter. And especially to the maps, since that "clever software" does not allow us to repost the map again in the report.

Is this intentional or a bug?

(In fact, sometimes I thought it may be intentional. But then what's the use of the function?)

Looking For Eden
12-29-07, 04:42
Why does it take 6 friggin hours for my posts to show on a thread after I make them?

===============================================

Greetings Looking For Eden ,

I appreciate your position.

First, please recognize the the purpose of monitoring reports it not to aggravate you but to keep the forum free of spam. It is specifically because I put in the work to monitor posts that forum is relatively spam free. I don't like all the work, but I know from experience that there's no other option.

Second, if I lowered the Senior Member requirements to 6 months OR 25 reports, I would have spammers specifically posting 25 posts within a few days to get the senior member status, and then start spamming the forum. That's what did happen ALL THE TIME a couple of years ago when I once had the either/or criteria.

Third, the ISG Forum is a compendium of travel reports, not a chat room. I care about the reports, not the chit-chat. Therefor, I don't think it's really that big of a deal if, for example, a travel report to Rio de Janerio is visible at 6pm or not until a few hours later?

Fourth, I disagree with your expression that it "take 6 friggin hours". I think that a 6 hour wait is very minimal, and I certainly don't think that it's anything for anyone to complain about. I moderate and approve all new reports at least twice per day, and sometimes several times a day. The average delay is less than 6 hours. I know because I watch the statistics every day. The only time the delay is more than 12 hours is on those few days when I have some issue that prevents me from getting to a computer, such as a day when I may be flying between continents. Even then, I usually find an internet cafe at the airports so I can approve the pending reports before I get on my flight and again when I land.

Personally, I think you should be commending me for doing such a great job of managing the forum instead of telling me that I don't do it fast enough.

Thanks,

Jackson

Looking For Eden
12-31-07, 06:31
So what are you saying? If I pay the 19.95 and become a senior member will my reports post quicker? I repeat, on average my posts are taking 6 hours to post which is unacceptable to me joining. I appreciate the job you do and the work it must take but I think I'll continue to be a regular member if that is the case.

Regards,

Eden

Too Jaded
12-31-07, 09:53
So what are you saying? If I pay the 19.95 and become a senior member will my reports post quicker? I repeat, on average my posts are taking 6 hours to post which is unacceptable to me joining. I appreciate the job you do and the work it must take but I think I'll continue to be a regular member if that is the case.

Regards,

Eden

Ok, let me see if I can assist without actually making things harder on poor Jackson.

The $19.95 has nothing to do with membership level. What it does entitle you to is access to the photos (my original reason for subscribing), and more importantly access to the private messaging system.

There are many obvious and a few subtle reasons why Jackson does this, and none of them are to make money. It is a way to moderate the use of these services which would otherwise be abused by many and a drain for everyone else. Admittedly, it does offset (only a little) Jackson's expenses in maintaining this site, which includes the servers, software licenses, and massive amounts of bandwidth. But Jackson certainly provides more than he will ever receive.

When you do reach your Senior status with 6 months and 25 posts you'll be unmoderated and your posts will appear immediately. Also as an aside the subscription will be unnecessary as you'll have already 'paid the necessary dues' in time and contributions to the forum. I know and remember how you feel right now, but in fact think it is not just fair, it is very generous. Be patient, you'll get there!

I personally am a senior member but I choose to continue paying the subscription fee because I recognize the value and service that our friend Jackson provides. I can't imagine how much work Jackson puts into moderating the posts, something he expressly does not want to do, but simply must lest "All Hell Break Loose".

This site operates as well as it does because Jackson has put into place a framework that has prevented the forum from degenerating into general mayhem. Otherwise people would spam the forums, endanger others by posting personal information, endanger the forums by inviting unwanted scrutiny, or would otherwise be something other than the resource that it is.

Thank you, Jackson. thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

2J

Artisttyp
02-11-08, 02:42
This afternoon I tried to respond to a post via a blackberry but it would not load. Instead the sand timer came on and never disappeared. I had to re set my blackberry to get rid of it. It acted like I clicked on a bad link.

Has this happened to anyone before ? Will this happen if I respond to a pm ?

By the way I am new to mobile web browsing.

AlphaTester
03-02-08, 12:21
Please Jackson, remove o.d.l.o.t.y from your forbidden words.
There are 2 o.d.l.o.t.y web sites :
- http://www.o-dloty.tv or http://www.o-dloty.pl (remove the caret) : the largest ad site in Poland. If you take a look at the polish board, there are many links to this web site.
- http://www.o-dloty.net : a plagiarism of the above, far less interesting.

I reported the posts of Iamboss, the spammer from o-dloty.net, you put him on permanent moderated status (fine) but added o.d.l.o.t.y in the taboo list (annoying for the ISG polish board).
Thanks

Wapec
08-24-08, 07:31
Guys

Is there a list or link to the most used smilies ?

For example:-

:) = Smiling Face yellow background [ : ) ]
:D = Wide grinned smiling face green background [ : D ]

Been a user for a year or so but still not found out how to make use of these.

Thanks! \W

Urban Monk
10-14-08, 21:35
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do I view the forum with the oldest post first?

I've selected that option in the user CP but the threads are still reversed.I just signed up got a paid sub so can post/view pics and also send Pm's

I have the same issue as above and even though I have have set oldest posts in user cp it still shows as the newest ones.

Its like always getting the end of a conversation and having to read it backwards or picking a random point far enough back that you eventually get to the part of a thread which you find of interest.

Long way of saying can anyone help?

Gfe Finder
10-15-08, 00:19
Wapec,

Try this:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies

Guys

Is there a list or link to the most used smilies ?

For example:-

:) = Smiling Face yellow background [ : ) ]
:D = Wide grinned smiling face green background [ : D ]

Been a user for a year or so but still not found out how to make use of these.

Thanks! \W

Cyberspace
11-18-08, 04:19
Hello to all and especially Jackson for this wonderful place to peruse.
My only request is that a tech-head help/consult with Jackson to fix the limitations for pictures here. There must be some kind of auto photo compression to run, and with the new server and bandwidth this seems doable.
I have so many beautiful things to share, but find that changing the size for every shot is a real pain in the ass. I would like to contribute to the essence of this gallery, and not just the text and occasional pic here and there.
I may be totally out of touch and out of line, but I need to be provocative to get action.
Cheers
HB

Hummer Bird, please don't post tech help requests in the Thailand Photo Gallery. Hope you do get the help you need though.

Ddyer
11-21-08, 21:22
I have the same problem. Is there any fix? Thanks.

I also wanted to ask a question about ordering of messages.
This really isn't the right thread, but there is no thread for "Miscellaneous Questions".

In User CP > Edit Options
it looks like I should be able to change "Thread Display Mode" to
"Linear Oldest First"

In fact, that's how I have it set. But I still get the newest mesages at the top. Of course, this is a personal preference thing, but I'd really like the option. Newest first is OK when you are reading threads you keep up with, but oldest first would be much easier when you want to read a lot of historical postings.

I've noticed that Thread Tools > Show Printable Version displays oldest first. I might just use that to read historical threads...

Little Wing

Horatio
12-24-08, 00:03
Do I have to have a separate membership to login to usa reports? I can not log in there with this id.

Thanks

Member #4378
12-24-08, 02:26
Do I have to have a separate membership to login to usa reports? I can not log in there with this id.

Thanks

Yes, you do. You will start with 0 posts in US.

Deal Seeker
02-18-09, 04:12
Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with lag and freezing on the ISG site? I wonder if its just my hardware or software?

Deal Seeker
02-24-09, 04:31
Apparently in User CP, I stupidly listed I wanted to see 1000 postings at one time. I reset it to a more sane, 100 postings at a time. In firefox, the error message said that a script stopped running or is unresponsive, and gave me an option to stop running the script. After I opted to stop the script running, the webpage responded normally and unfroze.

Orangevale Rob
06-06-09, 06:35
I just signed up got a paid sub so can post/view pics and also send Pm's

I have the same issue as above and even though I have have set oldest posts in user cp it still shows as the newest ones.

Its like always getting the end of a conversation and having to read it backwards or picking a random point far enough back that you eventually get to the part of a thread which you find of interest.

Long way of saying can anyone help?I have this problem too. Can someone at least tell us that it is not possible to fix this?

Drignotum
07-28-09, 12:07
I've had membership to the board for a while now but always I log in and end up having to log in again. It is also playing games and will not let me pm anyone but I can view photos? I figure that maybe theres is a simple setting in my browser that is holding me up or possibly another issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-loginsolutions.php

Pita123
08-13-09, 23:07
Am I the only one that is seeing a big add for XXXwishes when I'm logged in and using Stealth mode?!

Jan 156
07-18-10, 09:06
Hi guys,

I wonder if any of the tech people could guess how this might have happened and if there's a fix?

I'm a senior member - since about 2006 - about 1500 posts. A couple of weeks ago, I try to log in, nothing unusual, and I get an error message saying I have an invalid email and I can't post until I supply a valid email.

"We recently tried to contact you by email at xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com, but it appears that this email address in your membership
profile is not valid."

not surprising as I've never had such an email address

"Please use the Contact Us form to send us a valid email address where we can contact you."

So I fill on the form anyway, with several different valid email addresses. None of which have any effect. No replies to emails to Jackson."

The same problem happened some while back - maybe six months or a year. Jackson got back to confirming my new email (which had indeed changed since I first joined) but with a typo making it gmail instead of ymail. After several emails he kindly cleared it up.

I desperation, I signed in the with a new name, 'Christopherd Too.' My original name is Christopherd so I deliberately chose something that would be obvious so as not to mislead anyone.

I received a message from Jackson (although I suspect it may have been an autoresponse) thanking me for registering and confirming my new membership was active.

The only reason I took out a 'new membership' was to try to sort out my old one. Having built up what I like to think is a solid record it's a bit of a bummer to go back to newbie status, my posts delayed before they appear, and no access to PMs or photos.

But I have a further concern - maybe someone will know? I've always found Jackson very forthcoming and helpful. I haven't, as far as I know, pi**ed him off. I hope that if he's away from the computer it's for a well-earned holiday and not for any reason of-health.

Anyway, best wishes all. Any updates on whether Jackson is ok, or how I can get my membership restored, much appreciated.

Ps yes, have tried all the signing on with different browsers stuff. Even my iPhone.

AfAsia
07-19-10, 20:35
Christopherd,

Your link:1029873

Too Jaded
08-24-10, 17:19
Ok post preview is not working. It is instead showing raw HTML code without any line breaks (it is instead showing the divs and br tags themselves). This is making it very difficult to edit posts for formating and spelling. Some posts are even posting as raw HTML as can be seen on the Sosua thread (Dom Rep).

Bimbo Boy
11-05-10, 21:06
When I open 5 to 10 photos in rapid succession, I am being timed-out by the server, and I get a message telling me that I should wait 683 seconds to access the site again.

This is driving me mad. Even when I take care to open a new photo with a few seconds interval, it makes this to me.

Thx. B.B.

Bimbo Boy
11-18-10, 16:44
Hello Jackson,

Yes I understand. The bwshare module is designed to block robots that suck content from your website. However, this is not my case.
Because my internet connexion is sometimes slow, I have the habit of opening many windows and pictures at once, waiting for them to download.
However, my human behavior is not like a robot : it's max about 15-20 browser tabs. Often I get blocked by bwshare after only opening 3 to 4 photos!
So there is probably something wrong with the bwshare configuration.
It is very frustrating, as ISG has started to become unusable for me.
Thanks for considering my request.

Regards.
Bimbo Boy

AfAsia
11-18-10, 19:51
Of late have had teething problems...Strange! Anybody else have problems this last week with this website?

Could not log in Monday, Tuesday morning. Since being a member from 06 have not had any reliability issues. Could not view photos from page 2 onwards this last week, although this was one evening.

Perhaps there are problems?

Rambis Youth
03-18-11, 13:39
For some reason Firefox now displays a very small font that I can't read. Chrome and Safari are fine and in all 3 browsers I have logged in suggesting it's not a profile issue.

Any suggestions?

Brymor
04-30-11, 20:48
Jackson if you read my post in the Philippines Section under the chat rooms and pen pals thread you will see that my post repeats the same word twice, but when I tried to edit it, the word only appears once in the editable version. I have found this problem occuring before and I had to change the whole structure of my sentence to overcome the glitch. I have left this one so you can see what I mean.

Kind Regards.

M

Tucker McElroy
08-05-11, 06:40
If I am NOT logged in, the display is good; Forums appear in my preferred newest to oldest format, and photo attachments have thumbnails.

However, when I log in, it changes to oldest to newest, and the thumbnails disappear.

I've seen a little bit of discussion about this before, but the "solutions" I've read seem to refer to menus that don't exist (perhaps for an older version of the forum software?) Could anybody tell me how I might correct these problems when I'm logged in?

Viking17
09-11-11, 21:46
Hi Jackson,

After I log into the site, whenever I have to move to another section or page, I am asked to log in again. This happens quite often, especially in the pictures section when I have to log in every time I have to view a pic. Even while I am sending a PM or posting, I have to go through the process several times. Could you advice if something is wrong at my end.

Opebo
11-27-11, 20:40
Why can't I put line breaks between paragraphs? Or even tab in the beginnings of paragraphs? Every post is just a mass of indifferentiated text - I don't see how anyone could stand to read more than a line or two of that. Or perhaps we're only supposed to make posts 2-3 lines long?

Kirra Dude
11-27-11, 21:28
Hi Jackson,

After I log into the site, whenever I have to move to another section or page, I am asked to log in again. This happens quite often, especially in the pictures section when I have to log in every time I have to view a pic. Even while I am sending a PM or posting, I have to go through the process several times. Could you advice if something is wrong at my end.I'm having same problem, although it seems to have fixed itself today.

Stroker Ace88
12-27-11, 05:31
Jackson,

When I composed a recent post I tried to insert smilies, but when I click 'preview post' the forum server automatically deletes the smiley shortcuts. With the recent upgrades to the forum servers has the smiley feature been disabled?

I checked my settings and 'enable smilies' is on.

For example when I put the smiley code for a 'Big Grin' smiley . Nothing appears in the post.

Just wondering.

Rumbai
01-07-12, 05:31
Hello Jackson,

Tried setting up my logon on the Argentina Private and there seems to have been a problem and I never received the email to complete the activation. It appears that the Argentina Private and ISG are completely separate, which would require me to register on both and have separate fees, can you confirm.

Thank you

======================================================

Hi Rumbai,

All of my forums are completely separate, with separate domain names on separate servers using separate customer databases.

In other words, they have no connection with each other.

If you would like a membership in more that one forum, then you will need to register separately on each forum.

The three Forums are:

http://www.InternationalSexGuide.info (FREE to read and post)
http://www.USASexGuide.info (FREE)
http://www.ArgentinaPrivate.com (FREE)

Thanks,

Jackson

GPa69
02-27-12, 04:57
Does anyone know how to increase the login timeout?

When I am composing a post if it at all verbose I have to login again when I try to upload it.

And when I login and read posts for awhile, then try to reply to a post I have to re-login.

Very irritating.

Stroker Ace88
02-27-12, 22:10
Jackson,

The smiley feature has been disabled on all the Philippine Forums, can you enable that feature again?

Thank You.

Delrao
04-03-12, 14:15
Jackson,

When we search for a user or a keyword, we get a list of posts but clicking on that post title is not leading to the right page, its takes me to some other totally wrong page in the same thread.

Anything that I can do to correct this?

===========================================

Hi Delrao,

The search function and the link worked perfectly for me.

Thanks,

Jackson

Tommyh80
05-08-12, 20:35
Jackson,

When we search for a user or a keyword, we get a list of posts but clicking on that post title is not leading to the right page, its takes me to some other totally wrong page in the same thread.

Any5thing that I can do to correct this?

Hi Delrao,

Thanks,

JacksonI'm having the same exact problem. Would appreciate if you could fix this.

Magic Ben
06-04-12, 11:15
Hi,

I registered 3 days ago I have made 5-6 posts which have been moderated and shown on the boards but I still appear as having zero reports on my posts.

Is there a time delay or is there some distinction between posts and reports which I have not worked out yet.

Ben

Tanglin
06-21-12, 09:17
Jackson,

When I composed a recent post I tried to insert smilies, but when I click 'preview post' the forum server automatically deletes the smiley shortcuts. With the recent upgrades to the forum servers has the smiley feature been disabled?

I checked my settings and 'enable smilies' is on.

For example when I put the smiley code for a 'Big Grin' smiley. Nothing appears in the post.

Just wondering.You can insert smilies and characters like tildes ( ~ ) by editing your post after you make it. For some reason these get deleted when you post initially, but they survive editing :-)

(thanks to Ebauche for pointing this out)

SuperTom100
07-19-12, 19:57
[Message to Admin deleted]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove a message directed to the Forum Admin.

The open Forum is not the appropriate venue to contact the Forum Administration regarding individual questions, complaints or comments about the administration of the Forum. Instead, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to send me an email voicing your complaints about the administration of the Forum, and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Tommyh80
09-10-12, 18:21
Jackson,

Any5thing that I can do to correct this?

Hi Delrao,

Thanks,

JacksonI still have this problem. It looks I only have this issue when I'm logged on. The link is exactly the same if I'm logged on or off, but I'm not forwarded to the correct page if I'm logged on. Can it be a setting on my profile which is causing this? I have tried to change the time zones but with no luck. Any ideas?

Neuro666
09-10-12, 18:28
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forumtest/images/statusicon/user-online.png Gives a 404, same for offline. BTW, do you need a sysadmin (see also #177)?

Monte Q
09-21-12, 00:01
I still have this problem. It looks I only have this issue when I'm logged on. The link is exactly the same if I'm logged on or off, but I'm not forwarded to the correct page if I'm logged on. Can it be a setting on my profile which is causing this? I have tried to change the time zones but with no luck. Any ideas?I also have the issue. I did send a report to Jackson. Hopefully he can address it.

I think the problem is that the forum thread posts are numbered in ASCENDING when LOGGED IN as a member (newest post gets the number #1) even though the database numbers the posts in order of age. So, the first post of a thread, the thread starter is #1 in the database, and when logged in as a member the the latest post is #1.

When I am logged out and browse as a guest, all thread posts are numbered in DESCENDING order. This is when the links are all working correctly with the database.

Member #4175
10-18-12, 08:33
Hi,

I just want to verify that I have understood correctly how this forum now works.

I can reply to threads / topics BUT I CAN NOT START NEW THREADS / TOPICS.

Is this as is should be? I am surprised that I can not start new threads. (The button "post topic" is there but it leads to a page explaining different subscription categories.)

Last time I wrote in this forum was a couple of years ago, but at that time it was possible for me to start a new thread.

My membership category is "regular".

I just came back from Burma and thought I would write a short summary of what happened. But I don't know where to put it if I can not start a new thread.

Thanks if someone can clarify.

Soapy Smith
11-03-12, 17:37
Maybe this isn't really a posting issue, but for the life of me I can't find an answer anywhere on the site. I'm currently on a netbook, one of three computers from which I log onto ISG. It seems that while making a post yesterday I inadvertently dragged the cursor over something that suddenly turned all the print really tiny. In typing in my login, for example, I have to hold the screen up within about four inches from my eyes to see what I'm doing. I changed the "print size" in the computer's control panel, and it made a difference for other websites but not for ISG. There is no change in the computer's resolution settings. This problem is not present in either of the other two computers when I use ISG. Any suggestions what it was I did wrong and I how I fix it?

Thanks, Skip

Dingo888
11-14-12, 06:51
Jackson,

I am having problem after the thread search screen.

Can you please have a dig to see what the following problem is caused by and fix the program.

Problem.

When searching a certain thread for a string, the results returned is correct. But when you click on the link to see the full message, it does not navigate to the right page.

The memeber have the thread sort by the latest post. However when clicking the link to see the full message, I believe the program assumed the pages is sorted earlier posting as first page.

Example

The thread had 1-400 pasges.

Search some string in page 1. (the latest posting) The result is correct. Then click to view the the full report, the program will nivaget to page 400 instead of page 1.

Can check the program and I believe it can fix easily as I am a programmer myself in other languages.

Cheers.

Dingo888

Hi Dingo888,

Thanks,

Jackson

Neuro666
11-14-12, 20:33
When searching a certain thread for a string, the results returned is correct. But when you click on the link to see the full message, it does not navigate to the right page.

The memeber have the thread sort by the latest post. However when clicking the link to see the full message, I believe the program assumed the pages is sorted earlier posting as first page.There is a similar issue lately with receiving reply notification emails, at least for me: Short time ago these emails linked to the newest posts in the respective thread, now it links to the oldest page in that thread.

Furthermore, after posting a new message, the forum forwards to the last page of this thread instead of forwarding to the newest posts.

Jose Cuervo
11-15-12, 11:00
Jackson,

I am having problem after the thread search screen.

Can you please have a dig to see what the following problem is caused by and fix the program.

Problem.

When searching a certain thread for a string, the results returned is correct. But when you click on the link to see the full message, it does not navigate to the right page.Dingo888,

I have the same problem and I had mentioned it below on this page. Unfortunately, it's not fixed yet and the number of members affected is growing up. Hopefully, it would be fixed finally. But until it's fixed, you can use workaround to navigate the link. As the other member have noted, the problem only exists when you're logged in. So, do this:

1. When you're logged in, do search thread and click the link you want navigate to.

2. It would redirect you to the wrong page, but URL would be correct. Copy this URL, log out and enter the URL again in your browser. You'd be redirected to the correct page this time.

I know it's very inconvenient (especially if you want to navigate many links from search results) , but it's still better than nothing.

Hi Jose Cuervo,

Thanks,

Jackson

Vancity79
11-27-12, 09:38
I have the same problem, where after I get the search results, the links take me to the wrong page on the thread. But thanks Jose, your fix to the problem seems to work. After logging out, suddenly the links take me to the right post and page. Weird. I hope this gets fixed soon. I guess I will just log out when wanting to do searches and so on. Thanks!

Hi Vancity79,

Thanks,

Jackson

Soapy Smith
12-13-12, 02:53
I fixed the print size problem. It was in Windows, not ISG. Now I have new problem. I had always gotten posts numbered in ascending order in all the threads-with the most recent post having the largest number; this way the post number is permanent. Now suddenly all my threads are numbered in descending order, so that the latest post is always #1. This way each post's number is continually changing as new posts go up. Within this forum-"logging in and posting problems"-is a set of "thread display options." So I toggle on the ascending order choice. But there is no "save changes" button on the page, so when I revert back to the forum, all my threads are still in descending order. Nothing has changed. Can anybody suggest a workaround? Thanks.

Festisio
01-26-13, 14:11
Please can someone tell me how to change the order of posts within a thread so the oldest is at the top and then it follows a chrnological order as used in every single other message board on the internet.

I looked in the FAQ and saw this, however it is either out of date or I am looking in the wrong place. I cannot see this anywhere. I found the option to change the order of threads, however this is not what I want. The order of threads with most recent at the top is fine, however once inside a thread I would just like the normal order of first. Last.

-

Can I change the order of posts?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

You have three choices:

Linear Mode. Posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP.

Threaded Mode. A tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

Hybrid Mode. This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.

Djle7159
01-28-13, 02:26
Hi Jackson. I been a member a long time with low post count. I still need approval to make post even when I'm a member from 2010. My screen name is gooky on usasexguide.

No idea if its some probation post or something but with your blessing, I think its unneeded.

BronWade
01-29-13, 01:30
I joined and am frustrated with this same problem. Why is it that every thread I view the newest post is always the first post, every other message board I've ever used the newest post goes at the end, to make viewing easier, I'm literally viewing every thread backwards, first I click on a topic, then scroll to the bottom and work upwards, how do I change this to make it normal?

Please can someone tell me how to change the order of posts within a thread so the oldest is at the top and then it follows a chrnological order as used in every single other message board on the internet.

I looked in the FAQ and saw this, however it is either out of date or I am looking in the wrong place. I cannot see this anywhere. I found the option to change the order of threads, however this is not what I want. The order of threads with most recent at the top is fine, however once inside a thread I would just like the normal order of first. Last.

-

Can I change the order of posts?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

You have three choices:

Linear Mode. Posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP.

Threaded Mode. A tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

Hybrid Mode. This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.

Boy1978
02-22-13, 12:35
Hello,

When I search in a thread, the links for the post's thats the search result don't point to the right post. Why? Anyoing.

Hi Boy1978,

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
03-02-13, 22:20
I am seeing "Smiles are on" under my posting limitations but I am not able to use smiles in my posts at all.

Every time I input "colon","parentheses" etc. , those were automatically disappeared thus no smiles in my posts.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies

As I wrote above, my setting looks "smiles are on".

According to the help in the link above,

"If you want to disable smilies in a post that you make, you can select the 'Disable Smilies' option when posting."

I guess my current setting is actually "smiles are off" but I even can't find " smiles option" anywhere in my message page.

Anyone helps me how to set smiles option correctly?

I tried IE and Chrome but results were same.=========================================================

Hi Super Flanker,

Smiles, avatars, etc, are for women and children.

This is a website for grown men.

I encourage posters to express themselves using their writing skills, not childish symbols.

Thanks,

Jackson

Boy1978
03-10-13, 08:54
Hello,

When I search in a thread, the links for the post's thats the search result don't point to the right post. Why? Anyoing.

Hi Boy1978,

Thanks,

JacksonStill don't work for me, even with ipad and pc. Can it be settings in the forum for me?

So: when I click on a nickname and choose View forum posts. Then I get a list of all and links to the full post. But when I click the links its pointing totaly wrong. Only pointing to the correct forum, but not to the right post.

BogotaEM
03-10-13, 17:41
I joined and am frustrated with this same problem. Why is it that every thread I view the newest post is always the first post, every other message board I've ever used the newest post goes at the end, to make viewing easier, I'm literally viewing every thread backwards, first I click on a topic, then scroll to the bottom and work upwards, how do I change this to make it normal?So its not just be having this issue. I wonder why the sort order options are disabled?

BogotaEM
03-10-13, 17:45
How many posts do you have to make before the post moderation ends?

Shuga
04-05-13, 17:18
We are obviously many who have these problems: in which order posts are displayed and the link problem Vancity79 and Boy1978 are talking about.

The problems are probably related to the numbering of post. When I am not logged in the oldest post has number #1 and the most recent has a much higher number, e. g. #193. Then all internal links work fine. But when I am logged in the most recent post gets #1, so as every link is pointing to a record number one is taken to the wrong page. After making a post I am taken to the page which has the post with the highest number, which is the page with the oldest posts, i. e. the last page. Only by clicking "First" I come to the page where my new post is displayed.

Monte Q has already pointed this out, already in 09-21-12.

This maybe has to do with the setting of the order of posts, and Festisio found the below in the FAQ, which I can't find now:

[cut]Can I change the order of posts?

[cut]I attach two screen dumps of this thread: One before logging in and one after. Note that the post numbers of the top posts have canged, and note also that there is no 'Display Mode' on the right hand side as far as I can see.

Jackson, with all respect, you have probably the correct setting and don't experience this problem ("the link worked perfectly for me") , but you can easily check it by creating a new account.

Please re-introduce the 'Display Mode' option that has disappeared at one point or another. Or find the solution to a problem that has been going on for quite some time: The number of the most recent post changes to #1 when one logs in.

Naked Gunz
04-06-13, 04:21
In the photo gallery, if I see a pic I want more info on, I click view post. After I click it, it takes me to the thread, but at the other end of the thread?

I wind up in a 2006 portion of the thread? I then have to click "First" to see the pic and post.

PunterWanderer
04-17-13, 22:14
[Message to Admin deleted]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove a message directed to the Forum Admin.

The open Forum is not the appropriate venue to contact the Forum Administration regarding individual questions, complaints or comments about the administration of the Forum. Instead, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to send me an email voicing your complaints about the administration of the Forum, and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!

CheesySleazy
05-02-13, 07:44
1. Whenever I click on the 'Vew Report' link in the photo gallery, it takes me to the thread but to some random very old page. I have to go to the first page to view the image and if the image is a few days old, God forbid, then I'm all lost in the thread.

2. I want to change my username. I don't like it. I have a paid subscription, if it makes any difference. Could the admins please help me with this?

Thanks for the help.

Paul C
06-16-13, 05:10
I joined and am frustrated with this same problem. Why is it that every thread I view the newest post is always the first post, every other message board I've ever used the newest post goes at the end, to make viewing easier, I'm literally viewing every thread backwards, first I click on a topic, then scroll to the bottom and work upwards, how do I change this to make it normal?Quoting this because it mirrors my sentiment. It would be nice to have this as an option.

Super Flanker
07-20-13, 20:55
1. Whenever I click on the 'Vew Report' link in the photo gallery, it takes me to the thread but to some random very old page. I have to go to the first page to view the image and if the image is a few days old, God forbid, then I'm all lost in the thread.I have the same issue.

Please help. It's really frustrating.

Wolvenvacht
07-20-13, 22:39
1. Whenever I click on the 'Vew Report' link in the photo gallery, it takes me to the thread but to some random very old page. I have to go to the first page to view the image and if the image is a few days old, God forbid, then I'm all lost in the thread.

I have the same issue.

Please help. It's really frustrating.Same here, for a long time already. If I remember well, it went wrong after the database had to be re-installed from back-up.

Super Flanker
07-21-13, 01:38
Hello,

Hi Boy1978,

Thanks,

JacksonI have the same issue.

Really annoying.

It looks new members have no issue but members did renew have the issue since the db updates.

I will not renew next time if this issue is not solved.

Boy1978
07-21-13, 10:11
I have the same issue.

Really annoying.

It looks new members have no issue but members did renew have the issue since the db updates.

I will not renew next time if this issue is not solved.Seems like it is working when you are not logged in.

Shuga
09-10-13, 18:25
I don't want the number of the most recent post change to #1 when I log in

(snip)

The problems are probably related to the numbering of post. When I am not Logged in the oldest post has number #1 and the most recent has a much higher number, e. G. #193. Then all internal links work fine. But when I am logged in the most recent post gets #1, so as every link is pointing to a record number one is taken to the wrong page. After making a post I am taken to the page which has the post with the highest number, which is the page with the oldest posts, I. E. The last page. Only by clicking "First" I come to the page where my new post is displayed.

(snip) Great job, Admin!

Seems you have solved the problem with reverted post numbers when logging in that several members have experienced. I would guess that also Boy1978, Super Flanker And Wolvenvacht Now can follow the links in a search result.

Samokas
09-21-13, 16:16
Hi,

I'm new here, I've added a report, but it doesn't show up? How long does it take to show up? Might I do something wrong?

RoundUp
10-13-13, 11:09
Hi all,

I have tried to post a stack of photos several times in recent days. Without any luck. Failure massage is 'Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator'.

I tried to post standard jpg-pics, sticked to maximum sizes according forum rules, RTFF and even tried 3 different photo conversion softwares on 2 different OS (M$ Win 7 and Ubuntu 13. 04). Every cheap pioc viewer software on every computer can open my pics, but not the ISG forum.

What is wrong, what is the magic trick to get some fu*ing pics (literally) to the forum?

Thanks in advance!

MooseNibbler
02-13-14, 19:04
Hi everyone,

Have any of you managed to use an iPad for the forum? I can log in with no problem on a regular computer, but on the iPad, it says it's logging me in, then returns me back to the original not-logged-in forum page. I tried searching the forum for this, but haven't managed to find anything. (It's possible it's in this very thread, somewhere, I suppose.).

RichardGastow
04-18-14, 13:47
We are obviously many who have these problems: in which order posts are displayed and the link problem Vancity79 and Boy1978 are talking about.

The problems are probably related to the numbering of post. When I am not Logged in the oldest post has number #1 and the most recent has a much higher number, e. G. #193. Then all internal links work fine. But when I am logged in the most recent post gets #1, so as every link is pointing to a record number one is taken to the wrong page. After making a post I am taken to the page which has the post with the highest number, which is the page with the oldest posts, I. E. The last page. Only by clicking "First" I come to the page where my new post is displayed.

Monte Q has already pointed this out, already in 09-21-12.

This maybe has to do with the setting of the order of posts, and Festisio found the below in the FAQ, which I can't find now:

I attach two screen dumps of this thread: One before logging in and one after. Note that the post numbers of the top posts have canged, and note also that there is no 'Display Mode' on the right hand side as far as I can see.

Jackson, with all respect, you have probably the correct setting and don't experience this problem ("the link worked perfectly for me") , but you can easily check it by creating a new account.

Please re-introduce the 'Display Mode' option that has disappeared at one point or another. Or find the solution to a problem that has been going on for quite some time: The number of the most recent post changes to #1 when one logs in.I'm having this issue and it's extremely frustrating. Please enlighten me how to fix this.

Thanks

Tommyh80
06-02-14, 19:30
It doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not, I still get the new posts listed first (first page). Is it possible to change this so that the new posts are on the last page of the thread? I guess most other forums are like that?

AryanB
03-23-16, 06:43
My posts are not getting posted despite pointing it out to the admin the issue has not been fixed. Out of 7-8 posts I'v submitted since last month only 1 was posted in the forum.

CharmingGuy1
10-23-16, 15:34
Hi,

I tried to post a long post. It was a combination of a FR then a question and 2 pics. Now its been long and my post doesn't show up. I got no error message either. Any clue on why the post might have been rejected?

Thanks.

Arn123
11-01-16, 10:36
My FR and posts haven't been approved or worse, lost.

Any other way of reaching mods as I can't PM at the moment.

AryanB
11-06-16, 14:58
Some of my FRs are not getting posted despite them being on topic. Please look into it admin.

Gutenberg1
06-14-17, 21:22
Hi,

I'm new here, I've added a report, but it doesn't show up? How long does it take to show up? Might I do something wrong?Same problem.

I moderate and approve all new reports at least twice per day, and sometimes several times a day. The average delay is less than 6 hours. I know because I watch the statistics every day. The only time the delay is more than 12 hours is on those few days when I have some issue that prevents me from getting to a computer.

If you did not see your report probably was not approved.

A3

Atool
07-01-17, 16:22
Dear Admin,

I am new here I I try to post my report but its not showing!

If there is any guidelines for report please share.

Please read the big Banner in the India threads. You are asking and asking to other members to give contacts, but I suppose you know now that is not allowed to post email or telephone nor exact addresses.

A3

Kintaro18
12-29-18, 23:34
Most of my reports posted, but some of them didn't. I made them earlier this week, then again yesterday, and they still haven't posted. I have emailed admin about this 3 times with no response. If Admin sees this, can you contact me by email and tell me what's going on / why they haven't posted?

Steve 9696
12-30-18, 21:22
So I have like 400 posts but only 200 are shown if I look up "all my posts". Anyone know how to access the others? Are they somewhere archived?

Also anyone know a quick way to copy all your posts? Other than one by one copy and paste?

Thanks.

Clutch76
10-18-19, 16:08
Hello everybody,

I am completely new on this forum, I would like to change the order of the post in a thread, I have read the FAQ, it is indicated that I can change it on the right hand side of the top bar with the "display mode", but when I am in a thread, I can't see anything.

I would prefer to have the older posts rather than new posts when I open a thread. I am sure I am wrong at one moment but any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my English.

Regards,

Clutch.

JabberWock
02-04-20, 14:49
Without exception as I work my way through the Forum to the subtopics I invariably lose my login credentials. I would really like to know why the happens. Thanks.

Albert9989
10-30-20, 15:16
Since some time, I have an issue when I post in Nairobi forum.

When I click on Upload Report, I get back to the global forum page listing all forums, and not in the Nairobi forum, and my post doesn't appear.

But after at least one day I can see my post in the Nairobi forum.

Not sure if its happens only with Nairobi forum but it looks strange.

BTS2020
07-01-21, 23:42
I would like to change the order of the post in a thread, I have read the FAQ, for some reason I can't find the solution.

I would prefer to have the older posts rather than new posts when I open a thread.

Artisttyp
11-03-23, 09:46
Greetings.

I am having trouble posting in the NYC section of the USA sex guide. I write a response but when I click on submit my post disappears. Are they approved before posting or am I missing something?

Thank You.

Artisttyp
11-03-23, 12:40
Greetings.

I am having trouble posting in the NYC section of the USA sex guide. I write a response but when I click on submit my post disappears. Are they approved before posting or am I missing something?

Thank You.Please DELETE above post.

All Good.

Thank You.