PDA

View Full Version : Other Areas

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Crazygman99
04-30-08, 00:13
if i can't get high speed them i am out.

that is a must have.

Niknoy
04-30-08, 13:19
They want you to have a condo for at least 6 months.

Rooter
04-30-08, 14:41
there is no hi-speed in sihanoukville .

http://www.camintel.com/nfadsl.html

us$345 a month for 512 kbps is the best you can expect .

or ipstar satellite is a bit cheaper .

Whoreman
05-13-08, 22:12
The police raided the Biba chicken farm las week and sent most of the Vietnamese girls home. At the end of the road, just before the schoolhouse, where you could see about 20 of them around, only 4 were available last night. Maybe there is hope the girls will return after the elections at the end of June.I was there last month and there are still plenty of Vietnamese girls working. I was told by one that many had gone home but there are still plenty. They're not exactly beautiful but at least there are no fatties and stretch marks like in Thailand. $5 for a quick pop and the brothels will sell you cheap beer which you can drink outside. Makes for an interesting afternoon or evening if you're brave enough for the rocky dirt road, cows, chickens and drunk and rowdy Cambodian guys.

There are a few girls who look around 18 but they might only be available for $10 and might not do yum yum so you're better off with the girls in their early 20s who still have nice bodies but also give better service. I was speaking to one in a brothel just past Biba disco and she was saying she was trying to help mamasan find new girls who foreigners would like. It was weird but pleasing to speak to a $5 ***** in a slummy brothel area in Cambodia who was good looking and spoke good English. It made me wonder how she picked up her English skills. I think she must have been taken long time by a few foreigners.

Gaudente
05-16-08, 05:13
Blue Mountain is the big brothel at the top of the hill. It's on the right as you walk up the hill. It's behind gates with proper seating and rooms. If you ask a moto driver to take you to Blue Mountain that's where he'll take you. There are lots of smaller places on the way up but the ladies were a bit old for me.
What do you mean for "top of the hill"? is it the establishment about 150 mt inside and just before Rainbow Guesthouse or is it further up the hill ?

Siam Beach
06-10-08, 15:44
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Rainbow Guesthouse? They offer nice monthly rates and I'm coming back to Snooky for several months. Starting next week.

Does anyone know of any Hotels/Guesthouses which offer wifi internet? Not necessarily in the rooms but in the lobby/bar/restaurant or ground floor would be good enough.

A/C, fridge, cable TV, hot water, wifi for $250-$300 per month.

The Marlin offered an A/C room for $350 + $1 per day for ground floor wifi. I think I can do better.

Also the Rainbow said I could rent a "postation from Camsin" for wifi. WTF is that?

Any Snooky fans currently in residence?

What do you mean for "top of the hill"? is it the establishment about 150 mt inside and just before Rainbow Guesthouse or is it further up the hill ?

Dinghy
06-10-08, 20:11
just think - if you STAY at rainbow, you are really really close to the action. :)

(didn't know they actually rented rooms for "long time")

Siam Beach
06-11-08, 15:46
just think - if you STAY at rainbow, you are really really close to the action. :)

(didn't know they actually rented rooms for "long time")The Rainbow is Italian owned now. The owner says he's refurbished the place.

We'll see.

Chicken Farmer
06-11-08, 22:28
maybe a lucky coincidence that i am moving out of my rented studio within the next 3 weeks, but this might just suit your needs.

it's a larger bedroom nicely furnished with a large doublebed, a built-in cupboard, a kitchenette (sink, space for cooking and a small fridge), a little table with 2 comfy loungechairs and a nightstand.

small cable tv, newer model a/c, small bathroom with hot water shower. excellent 24hr security, nice neighbors, adjacent cybercafe, wifi or rj45 into the room. depending on your speed requirements, i'd get a separate line drawn into the studio as i did. if this sounds tempting, we should meet.

i will probably stay in snooky but this place became a little small with my homeoffice. moving date negotiable, 2-3 days notice appreciated though. rent + water + electric total around $155..-. the name of the place is the power house, apartment 7. if i am not there, you can leave a message at the front gate. i don't know how many articles i will post in this forum, which is why i won't immediately pay a subscription. but maybe you can pm me?

does anyone have any thoughts on the rainbow guesthouse? they offer nice monthly rates and i'm coming back to snooky for several months. starting next week.

does anyone know of any hotels/guesthouses which offer wifi internet? not necessarily in the rooms but in the lobby/bar/restaurant or ground floor would be good enough.

a/c, fridge, cable tv, hot water, wifi for $250-$300 per month.

the marlin offered an a/c room for $350 + $1 per day for ground floor wifi. i think i can do better.

also the rainbow said i could rent a "postation from camsin" for wifi. wtf is that?

any snooky fans currently in residence?

Chicken Farmer
06-11-08, 23:03
maybe a lucky coincidence that i am moving out within the next 3 weeks, but this might just suit your needs.

it's a larger bedroom nicely furnished with a large doublebed, a built-in cupboard, a kitchenette (sink, space for cooking and a small fridge), a little table with 2 comfy loungechairs and a nightstand.

small cable tv, newer model a/c, small bathroom with hot water shower. excellent 24hr security, nice neighbors, adjacent cybercafe, wifi or rj45 into the room. depending on your speed requirements, i'd get a separate line drawn into the studio as i did. if this sounds tempting, we should meet.

i will probably stay in snooky but this place became a little small with my homeoffice.

moving date negotiable, 2-3 days notice appreciated though. rent + water + electric total around $155..-.

i don't know how many articles i will post in this forum, which is why i won't immediately pay a subscription. but maybe you can pm me?

does anyone have any thoughts on the rainbow guesthouse? they offer nice monthly rates and i'm coming back to snooky for several months. starting next week.

does anyone know of any hotels/guesthouses which offer wifi internet? not necessarily in the rooms but in the lobby/bar/restaurant or ground floor would be good enough.

a/c, fridge, cable tv, hot water, wifi for $250-$300 per month.

the marlin offered an a/c room for $350 + $1 per day for ground floor wifi. i think i can do better.

also the rainbow said i could rent a "postation from camsin" for wifi. wtf is that?

any snooky fans currently in residence?

Baba Giba
06-12-08, 02:29
Okay with the Rainbow (now called Arcobaleno in italian language),the owner is a nice guy with a Viet wife and there is a sign on Omui street so you can't miss it.It is the last place on the right side of the uphill road.The main problem is lot of noise around, so if you like to rest is not the right place to stay.

A good alternative is the Savery guesthouse, 100 meters far.

Instead of turning left to go up the hill, just turn right and proceed straight until you find the guesthouse,which you easily recognize by its big outdoor Jacuzzi and a large outdoor patio and car park.And for the two monkeys and two ducks kept in a big cage.

It is run by a German guy (MAX) and his nice Cambo girlfriend.It has free internet for guests and the cheapest German breakfast in town wich goes still for 2.5 USD.

Max and his fellow guests iare also good sources of info about local entertainment places .The 20 or so rooms are rented on a daily ,weekly or monthly basis.Quiet place at night and safe, also.A massage place ,open only daytime, is 'round the corner with " massage "from 5 to 15 USD (price depend upon which kinda action you wanna get after the regular massage).

Will post further info soon.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Siam Beach
06-12-08, 15:49
Thanks Chicken Farmer and Baba Giba. I will check these out.

Chicken farmer I will send you a PM. I know the power House and looked for a place there last December. It was full.

Again, thanks guys, this is great info. I Love Snooky and ISG!

Be there in 4 days.

Edit: Chicken Farmer, I don't think you can get a PM without a subscription. So I will come to see you on Monday afternoon, OK? About 2PM? Apartment 7? Upstairs in front? I will check into the Oasis Hotel downtown on the Main Drag for the first few nights.

Dusty

Siam Beach
06-12-08, 19:22
chicken farmer: i posted a reply to you but i guess it didn't take.

also, you can't get pms if you are not subscribed.

i know the power house as i looked for a flat there in december. it was full.

i will be over to see you on monday, june 16 at 2pm. ok?

maybe a lucky coincidence that i am moving out within the next 3 weeks, but this might just suit your needs.

i will probably stay in snooky but this place became a little small with my homeoffice.

moving date negotiable, 2-3 days notice appreciated though. rent + water + electric total around $155..-.

i don't know how many articles i will post in this forum, which is why i won't immediately pay a subscription. but maybe you can pm me?

Baba Giba
06-14-08, 04:02
well, you believe it or not, sihanoukville is not a dull place if you don't mind to mess a little with locals. the real action, in fact, is in cambodian places, like the karaoke street, or sambai (32) in khmer. it is behind the referral hospital, very near to occheteuil beach, the golden lion square, and very near the main hotel of the area. there is also a aussie-run guesthouse, known as max guesthouse, max being the name of the former german owner. it is a clean place, somehow noisy, but very interesting, as a dozen bar-girls and a couple of nice katoeys lives there. rooms go for 8 bucks a night, but if you stay longer you can negotiate the price with the aussie guy.

well, the area has plenty of karaoke restaurant (cheap and tasty khmer food) and lot of khmer-style karaoke bars, and plenty of young khmer girls, some of them perhaps a little too young to work in a bar. many places are owned by policemen, so no need to worry about 'socializing'with girls, and the only disturbance you may have (very rarely) is to be photographed by a passing guy in a motorbike (ngo-paid people, they get a few dollars for every shot of a barang sitting in a karaoke bar-ngos like to have a file on every barang in town, **** or not). the real main problems are two: the first is the language, as very few of the girls can speak english (but many girls can understand thai), the second is booze.

the girls are there to make customers drink, and they are restlessly pouring beer into your and their glasses until you are too drunk to even imagine to have a little action with the girls. they use to go to toilet every 30 minutes and vomit all beer they drunk, so they can resist a lot more than the average barang. khmer guys usually have sex before drinking and singing sessions. learn from them. when in rome, do as romans do. you can get a girl out of the place for a fee variable from 5000 riels (1. 2 usd) to usd 5, then is usually a few dollars tip if st or a 10 dollars note for overnight romance.

you will be asked for fair more, but do not spoil the market pushing inflaction and bargain hard or move into another frendlier place. remember: khmer guys pay 5000 riels for a st, bar fine included.

to be continued.

Sharka
06-18-08, 01:24

(didn't know they actually rented rooms for "long time")Stayed there before on my last visit recently but felt the place was not worth the price (IMO). Many places costing less within a 15min walk had better conditions and not to mention less noise.

Only problem I felt was the latest hassle of trying to rent a moto there without all the required "papers" as the shop owner was trying to explain to me but I couldn't figure out exactly what he needed from me. I was there not even 2 years back and never had a problem renting a moto.

Dinghy
06-19-08, 22:05
unfortunately - the bike rental rules changed at the behest of the motodop mafia. They weren't too happy with barangs getting their OWN transport and not using THEM - so the rule seems to be that you need a Cambodia drivers license. beats me how to get it though. And a helmet (maybe). I carry my own helmet anyway

TWO places seem to do this - Snooky and Siem Riep - PP doesn't "care" - you can still rent there but I have no idea of what happens if you GO to either of the others with a PP rented bike. (Remembering of course that it's "interesting" to ride in Cambodia anyway - interesting being "dangerous" on the main roads at least. The "judicial rules" in Cambodia don't say so but amount to "IF you are barang, you lose - no matter what the question is")

Dinghy
06-19-08, 22:07
and BTW - that was "sarcasm" - I wasn't impressed with the "road" up to rainbow.

Siam Beach
06-20-08, 05:19
stayed there before on my last visit recently but felt the place was not worth the price (imo). many places costing less within a 15min walk had better conditions and not to mention less noise.

only problem i felt was the latest hassle of trying to rent a moto there without all the required "papers" as the shop owner was trying to explain to me but i couldn't figure out exactly what he needed from me. i was there not even 2 years back and never had a problem renting a moto.i rent from a tuk tuk driver i've know for a while. $2.50 per day for a honda dream. no papers to sign. it's pretty much a pos, but it works well enough for me.

i've moved into the new world hotel which is across from happy herb's pizza in town. small room with a new bathroom, tv, a/c, fridge for $200. plus they give me a high speed connection in the restaurant for 1$ per hour and eventually there will be a cable connection for the internet in my room
power house ii has a couple newish rooms for rent at $120 plus electric for an a/c room with all the modcons.

savery guesthouse:max wanted $350 per month which includes wifi 'soon'.
nfw at this place

Sharka
06-20-08, 23:53
[QUOTE=Siam Beach]I rent from a tuk tuk driver I've know for a while. $2.50 per day for a Honda Dream. No papers to sign. It's pretty much a POS, but it works well enough for me.

But from the previous posts that said it will now require a Cambodia driver license to ride a bike, if stopped by the local cops ,wouldn't it still be a violation for riding a bike regardless of who's bike it belongs to (tuk tuk or rental shop)?--just curious.

Sharka
06-21-08, 00:03
and BTW - that was "sarcasm" - I wasn't impressed with the "road" up to rainbow.Ha,

Kinda figure that as the last time I looked up the word "road" didn't include huge craters and potholes every meter of the way up to the destination.

Obroni
06-21-08, 19:11
The Rainbow is Italian owned now. The owner says he's refurbished the place.

We'll see.i've been there. the owner is a good friend of mine:

claudio cavaniclaudio48@hotmail.com

mobile :+85592738643

Obroni
06-22-08, 09:50
unfortunately - the bike rental rules changed at the behest of the motodop mafia. They weren't too happy with barangs getting their OWN transport and not using THEM - so the rule seems to be that you need a Cambodia drivers license. You can obtain a local driver license in 2 ways:

In sihanoukville where thy rent mototbike in ekareach street (the owner is canadian) you can buy apply for driver license and pay for it (about 35 $) usually it takes 1 week to be done but the receipt is enough for driving.

In pp go to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle on Monivong they rent nice motorbikes and they can provide you driver license.

Sharka
06-24-08, 00:53
You can obtain a local driver license in 2 ways:

In sihanoukville where thy rent mototbike in ekareach street (the owner is canadian) you can buy apply for driver license and pay for it (about 35 $) usually it takes 1 week to be done but the receipt is enough for driving.

In pp go to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle on Monivong they rent nice motorbikes and they can provide you driver license.Thanks for the update information. too bad I didn't know this when I was there recently. Could this moto license also be used for renting motobikes in Siem Reap? and also, how long are these licenses good for before they expire?

Thanks again.

Obroni
06-24-08, 13:21
Thanks for the update information. too bad I didn't know this when I was there recently. Could this moto license also be used for renting motobikes in Siem Reap? and also, how long are these licenses good for before they expire?

Thanks again.If you apply in sihanoukville you have to wait untill your original licence and the receipt come back from Phnom Penh (they say it takes usally 1 week but during holydays you can wait more ). I'm not sure but the receipt is good for driving 1 month. I don't know how long the licence last they told me 1 year.

I think the best way is take the licence in Phnom Penh as you can obtain your receipt immediately and use it everywhere in Cambodia.

Dinghy
06-24-08, 17:06
Siem Riep is supposedly another matter - the local government decreed that barang cannot rent motos there. IF you rent one in PP and ride up - that's OK

Ekspat
06-25-08, 01:37
unfortunately - the bike rental rules changed at the behest of the motodop mafia. They weren't too happy with barangs getting their OWN transport and not using THEM
Just one more reason for me to forget about Cambodia.
Can spent my $ somewhere else. It's that simple.

Cheers!

Baba Giba
06-27-08, 04:37
i was in savory guest house just after you went there.max told me you introduced yourself as working for a ngo dealing with [CodeWord908] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord908),prostitution and so on,so he wanted to get rid of you telling an exorbitant price for a room.

it is funny to know we have brothers working for who want to get rid of us *****men.

beware guys!

i rent from a tuk tuk driver i've know for a while. $2.50 per day for a honda dream. no papers to sign. it's pretty much a pos, but it works well enough for me.

i've moved into the new world hotel which is across from happy herb's pizza in town. small room with a new bathroom, tv, a/c, fridge for $200. plus they give me a high speed connection in the restaurant for 1$ per hour and eventually there will be a cable connection for the internet in my room
power house ii has a couple newish rooms for rent at $120 plus electric for an a/c room with all the modcons.

savery guesthouse:max wanted $350 per month which includes wifi 'soon'.
nfw at this place

Siam Beach
06-28-08, 02:52
Max told you shit. I never said I was NGO or anything. Just said I was going to be around for many months. He showed me a room and said it was too much and no hard feelings.

Well, I thought there were no hard feelings. Jeez, why would an NGO with their budgets and expense money want to stay in that dump. Makes no sense.

I was in Savory Guest house just after you went there.Max told me you introduced yourself as working for a NGO dealing with [CodeWord908] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord908),prostitution and so on,so he wanted to get rid of you telling an exorbitant price for a room.

It is funny to know we have brothers working for who want to get rid of us *****men.

Beware guys!

Dinghy
06-29-08, 00:14
and all those girls were ladyboys, too. ;)

JesseJames
06-29-08, 14:51
Siem Riep is supposedly another matter - the local government decreed that barang cannot rent motos there. IF you rent one in PP and ride up - that's OK

I used to rent bikes from the guys in Koh Kong until I started thinking about the potential pitfalls. If I had an accident, I would be paying personal injuries to everyone, damage to any and all property. If you hit a kid, forget about it.

How do I know if the bike really belongs to the guy? It could be stolen and I would be charged with theft.

The gas tanks are always on empty and the falang fills it up and returns it with gas. Some hotel worker will syphon some of the fuel out, while it's parked overnight. That has happened to me, until I topped it off full each night, before parking.

Not to mention scratches, break downs, staged accidents, theft, misunderstandings over rental periods and no paperwork.

Although I fortunately never had a problem, I now pay per ride to wherever I want to go.

Dinghy
06-29-08, 16:50
I only rented from shops. paperwork accompanies the bike. Never rented in KK - just "passing through"

I have and use my own helmet (they make some comments about you in Khmer which I don't understand but probably amount to "look at that guy wearing helmet - why he do that?") Sometimes (if not weight restricted) I even carry my OWN BIKE LOCK.

You CAN lock the access to the tank - that's what the KEY is for - not just for the ignition and the fork. Then you DO lock the bike to something substantial - except for one particular hotel where they actually rolled the bike into the lobby. I could even attach my motion sensor if I wanted to - it's almost loud enough to wake the dead. Khmers don't have ANYTHING on "slicky boy" - the Koreans who could steal the phonograph and leave the music :)

Always try to spot danger before it spots YOU. I assume you ride where you LIVE? Being up on 2 wheels isn't exactly safe in heavy traffic so that "look out" better be "active" VERY ACTIVE

Fast Eddie 48
06-30-08, 03:11
[QUOTE=Dinghy]I only rented from shops. Paperwork accompanies the bike. Never rented in KK. Just "passing through"

I have and use my own helmet (they make some comments about you in Khmer which I don't understand but probably amount to "look at that guy wearing helmet. Why he do that? ") Sometimes (if not weight restricted) I even carry my OWN BIKE LOCK.

You CAN lock the access to the tank. That's what the KEY is for. Not just for the ignition and the fork. Then you DO lock the bike to something substantial. Except for one particular hotel where they actually rolled the bike into the lobby. I could even attach my motion sensor if I wanted to. It's almost loud enough to wake the dead. Khmers don't have ANYTHING on "slicky boy". The Koreans who could steal the phonograph and leave the music

Dinghy

I don't know why rent when you can hire a moto bike with driver for about 7 usd for the whole day, you don't need worry about a driver license bike deposit and finding a bar on your own.

Fast Eddie 48

Baba Giba
06-30-08, 04:56
It's Ok Siam Beach, you know, Germans are sometimes strange people.

About bikes: I have rented a dozen bikes and even owned two (and got one serious accident) in the past two years, now I 've got enough of risking my life every second, so I bought a 4x4 with a few thousand bucks. Much safer, as into a car you are not vulnerable to robberies. What I learned is: it is better to buy a second or third hand bike for a few hundred dollars, then re-sell it when you leave. Get an insurance policy: Caminco and Infinity offer full insurance, theft included, for a risible fee, and infinity gives you an helmet with the policy.

And have an accident insurance here with Forte. Their policy is accepted by many small-to-medium size clinics and hospitals. It costs around 400 dollars/year Your accident or health or travel policy you paid for at home is worth only to send you to Thailand by med-evac for treatment or your body to your ma.

For minor injuries you have to pay, and they mean business, as you'll be likely be charged 200-300 dollars for a few suture stitches, some drugs and a x-ray. I spent more than 2000 dollars for my accident and the follow-up, but if I was insured I could save them for womanizing.

Another suggestion is to buy roller skaters knee and elbow protections (25 dollars-Sorya market-PP), as they are very, very useful in case of a crash.

Take care

Dinghy
06-30-08, 17:10
the advantage to renting is that those small bikes don't have a lot of power and climbing hills is bad enough with just ME on it. I'm probably double your size - no elephant, but I'm no small guy either. The other advantage is that IF I want to go somewhere I don't need to make a schedule with the driver to pick me up - I can just go.

Matter of preference I guess - not really much difference. Longer term hires they expect you to but the fuel, too so there is no savings there either

Sharka
07-04-08, 02:48
I only rented from shops. paperwork accompanies the bike. Never rented in KK -I was in KK several times before and the main pitfall from renting there is the absolute lack of places to rent from. Unlike most places that will have many places to rent from ,KK have almost none. Only real options were to rent from a local driver that was willing to part from his bike for a few days but thats risky unless you knew him well. Heard some stories when I was there that they had 2nd keys and somtimes "stole " their own bikes back when you were asleep (easy to find bikes as KK is not that big of a place), also some hotel employees are in on it. Bottom line is you owe them money for a Brand New Bike. So beware.

Phantomtiger2
07-08-08, 00:23
I was in KK several times before and the main pitfall from renting there is the absolute lack of places to rent from. Unlike most places that will have many places to rent from ,KK have almost none. Only real options were to rent from a local driver that was willing to part from his bike for a few days but thats risky unless you knew him well..

So true, as KK is not the best place for moto rentals unless you were on the other side of the toll bridge near the thai border/casino area. But with the strict license enforcements now, even those few places may have folded now as they were renting strictly to us foreigners.

PT

Montecristo
07-21-08, 18:03
I would like to bring one.
koh Kong, Sihanouk, are distant places, should i be afraid of getting it stlolen in the hotel ?

Going to a expensive hotel will give me a better protection ?

I would like to stay in one of the nice guesthouses in Sihanouk, but i have doubts.

Thanks in advance

Montecristo

Blunderer
07-21-08, 18:56
I've never had a problem in Sihanoukville, but, in my humble estimation, as a rough guideline, the more you pay, the better your odds.

There's a place called Mick and Craig's that I've mentioned on this thread before. Craig and his girlfriend struck me as a particularly honest couple who value their reputation, so you'd very likely be safe there. In fact anywhere that values their reputation (which is often something you can get a feel for in the first few minutes of entering a place) should be fine.

That being said, I'd make sure you have good travel insurance, and, you are only likely to get an internet connection in the more upmarket places (I don't know about M + C's, it has been a while ago since I was there).

Wikitravel has a few places to stay mentioned, but no comments about security that I can see - but I've no doubt that the high end places are safer than most peoples homes back wherever they are from.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Sihanoukville#Sleep

I'd be curious to see what you come up with, particularly if you can find somewhere with in-room internet and air-con that feels secure for a good price. Please keep me posted :)

koh Kong, Sihanouk, are distant places, should i be afraid of getting it stlolen in the hotel ?

I would like to stay in one of the nice guesthouses in Sihanouk, but i have doubts.

Thanks in advance

Montecristo

Dinghy
07-21-08, 19:04
hard shell case, good motion sensing sonic alarm, cable lock - seem to keep the issues out of the way.

WHY would anyone WANT a laptop in Snooky (because there wasn't anywhere to hook up - it's not like they had any cafes with plugs)? I had mine with me because I was on the way BACK to Thailand from PP (where I DID use it) - just let it sit in the suitcase and never took it out (the laptop I mean :))

El Greco
07-21-08, 20:12

Thanks in advance

Montecristo

I always take mine with me. When in PP I was locking it in my suitcase when I was going out.

Actually I am doing it almost everywhere unless it is a 5 star hotel or a good and safe apartment.

Blunderer
07-21-08, 22:50
If you're ill or hungover it is handy to watch movies on
I write emails to people then send them when I can get a connection
It is a good place to stash/arrange your photos

The list goes on....

WHY would anyone WANT a laptop in Snooky (because there wasn't anywhere to hook up - it's not like they had any cafes with plugs)?

Montecristo
07-22-08, 06:40
I brought one with me.

And my suitcase doesn't have a lock, thats the main problem.(buying one with lock wouldnt solve the situation)

There are many places in Sihanouhk with wifi, from expensive hotels to very cheap ones.

I will always use computer, even if i dont have internet conection, it would be useful, but it wouldnt be the end of the world if i let it here in Thailand, and went peacefully to Cambodia .

Dinghy
07-22-08, 12:11
wifi must be new - I never found anywhere that had it in snooky. Everything there I found was on 56k dialup connections - even the cafes

like I said - motion sensing alarm (for when you aren't around) plus a cable lock to stop the "take it and silence the alarm somewhere else" walk off plus a good spot to attach the cable lock and it's good. Suitcase without a lock? Never heard of a suitcase that didn't have a lock (or at least a zipper that could be locked)

SoftLover
07-23-08, 08:33
there are hotspots all over town now, from free to 1 usd/h or maybe more, but speed is highly variable, often down to a dribble. i found online quite reliable, with a hotspot at reef resort and apparently one at the small hotel: http://www.online.com.kh/index.php?option=com_sobi2&catid=15&itemid=82

still, don't expect to do more than reading your mail and browsing the web, preferably with pictures turned off. to do youtube, skype, even radio and podcasts, better go back to thailand.

Montecristo
07-23-08, 12:14
In my country they told me Sihanouhk was a malaria zone, now in internet some sites say it isn't.

Foreigners living there, do, or don't take precautions ?

Thanks

Baba Giba
07-23-08, 14:54
In my country they told me Sihanouhk was a malaria zone, now in internet some sites say it isn't.

Foreigners living there, do, or don't take precautions?

ThanksMalaria is not a problem here, just avoid to be stung by mosquitoes using always a repellent, as there are some cases of Dengue fever.

Kniom
07-23-08, 20:45
foreigners living there, do, or don't take precautions ?
ThanksI've been living in cambo for 3 years, including the hotspots of malaria infection areas even during the wet season without taking any care of precautons and i am still ok.

Rooter
07-24-08, 14:06
I am staying at the Town Lodge in Sihanoukville, main street location, easy walk to the nightlife in town, has Wi-Fi in the rooms, the owners will arrange a guide for the hotspots around town.

Lots of places I didn't know about.

Dinghy
07-24-08, 17:14
Malaria in Cambodia is hit or miss (upland seems to be more prevalent according to what I read elsewhere) - like someone else said DENGUE is more of a problem, but I wouldn't go out into the JUNGLE without anti-bug spray (deep woods off - imported with me from the US - 100% DEET and VERY effective)

Num Nutz
07-25-08, 13:22
For those looking for a good education on Dengue, check out: denguevirus.net

Phantomtiger2
07-26-08, 02:53

Foreigners living there, do, or don't take precautions ?

ThanksSnooky is not really a malaria area. I've been to Snooky several times and had been stung by those mosquitos many times and never had a problem. It's the farther off wooded/swamp area way outside the tourist area that may harbor the malaria buggers.

PT

Baba Giba
07-28-08, 14:09
Since some of the brothels have been closed in the chicken farm, then reopened by some girls themselves and gone into a semi-clandestine business, the people monitoring AIDS spread have difficulties to reach all the girls, and the girls have no more regular (more or less, we are in Cambodia) checks, (lotta of them also accept no-condom intercourses), I tell you guys to be extremely careful.

SoftLover
07-28-08, 20:28
Since some of the brothels have been closed in the chicken farm, then reopened by some girls themselves and gone into a semi-clandestine business, the people monitoring AIDS spread have difficulties to reach all the girls, and the girls have no more regular (more or less, we are in Cambodia) checks, (lotta of them also accept no-condom intercourses), I tell you guys to be extremely careful.How many times have we gone through this? We have all been reached, man!

Channy
08-09-08, 11:51
Any update about Sisophon, Battambang, Pursat, Kompong cham?

Cambodia is not just Phnom penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville.

Thx by advance

Tjhooker
08-11-08, 14:42
Koh Kong. Chicken farm is still open, but there are maybe only 3 or 4 establishments. They are not allowed to put the red neon light outside any more. Motos will take you there for 10 baht. 5 min drive from centre on mud roads. And he will stick with you to get his 1 dollar comission from the mama/papasan. Price a few months ago 5 (after negotiating down from about 7) dollars. Price last week 6 or 7 (after negotiating down from 10) dollars. Do not pay more.

Some beauties in the rough to be found.

SINOUKVILLE. A few months ago I visited. Maybe 20 places at the chicken farm. If I remember rightly, 2 dollar moto return for the 15 min drive from occhuteal beach. It is near the port, is safe for farang and has a disco which never seems to have any action there. Again, I used to pay 5 dollars. Expect now to pay 6 or 7.

If you don't like laying on straw mats, flimsy stained mattresses and showering in the toilet-cum-shower, then try the blue mountain (downtown sinouk) and the brothel gueshouse which is right after the market, then see on the left after about 500m (whereas the blue mountain is on the right and then down a backstreet on the right).

Been to blue mountain a couple of times, thought the girls were aggressive and asking 10 bucks.

The other place used to be 5 bucks but last time paid 7 after haggling.

Note: You should ditch you moto driver just before reaching these places to avoid his comission.

POIPET. There a few weeks ago. Failed to find brothel steet or the chicken farm. Are they the same? Suspect the moto driver would have taken me on a merry ride around the province to up his fare.

1. Can someone provide location/name/or even better a guesthouse located on or near brothel street so I can find this place?

2. Is the chicken farm safe for farang? Poipet seemed bad enough without going out into a village.

BATTAMBANG. Moto driver took me to masaage bum bum on edge of town. Girls just laughed him off. Said he would take me next to bum bum place. I said get lost, take me back to the hotel. Waste of time. Massage parlours around the centre look legitimate.

If there is action here I reckon itll be exclusively for locals. Didn't seem to be much of an expat community here. Just backpackers passing through.

Please share info on chicken farms and brothels (where farangs can go) in other cities. Re: PP post 08-02-08 by shadow6491 ""It is harder to get a $5 ST on st 63 but it is still possible. It is pretty easy to get a $5st at most brothels in the provinces""

Oh yeah. Where exactly ouside of sinouk and koh kong?

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Siam Beach
08-17-08, 04:58
The best conncection I found was at the New World Hotel run by a couple Czecko guys. It's just down the strret from the Town Lodge apartments.

He was charging $1 per hour to hook up your laptop to one of his internet cables. He claims to have the fastest internet in Snooky. Aircon room there is $200 per month with warm shower, cable TV, fridge. I liked it there but I was smoking so much great shit (sold by the Aussie who grows it in his front yard) that I was one step up from Zombie.

So I went to the Philippines. Have found Paradise on Bantayan Island, nortwest Cebu Province.

Good Luck

Grassy
08-27-08, 07:57
Hi guys,

Can anybody give me a run down on weather around late September/early October. Is the rain reducing to a daily shower or torrential still.I want to enjoy my first trip there but want good weather.

Also any recomendations on hotel accom and top spots would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Grassy

Kniom
08-28-08, 11:38
Hi guys,

Can anybody give me a run down on weather around late September/early October. Is the rain reducing to a daily shower or torrential still.I want to enjoy my first trip there but want good weather.

Also any recomendations on hotel accom and top spots would be appreciated.Try this link -> www.canbypublications.com

Should have all information you need!

Jan 156
09-19-08, 14:11
Hi guys,

Also any recomendations on hotel accom and top spots would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Grassy

Phnom Penh has been unpredictable. Some days no rain at all. Some days a short(ish) shower. Some days a deluge that lasts for a few hours and causes flooding (and increased moto asking prices lol).

Always hot and humid.

If I could see some heavy rain coming and wasn't wearing waterproofs I'd try and find a restaurant where I'd happily spend an hour or two till it calmed down a bit or get a LT girl back to the room.

Often the rain has been easing off after an intial deluge, but it still means many streets are too deeply waterlogged to cross for a little while. Tuktuks get busier and more scarce but at least most have fold downrain-proof sides. Motos you just get wet - though they can traverse waterlogged roads easier than going on foot.

Realise this is PP not Snooky but thought it might be helpful . . .

Jan 156
09-19-08, 14:18
BATTAMBANG. Moto driver took me to masaage bum bum on edge of town. Girls just laughed him off. Said he would take me next to bum bum place. I said get lost, take me back to the hotel. Waste of time. Massage parlours around the centre look legitimate.

If there is action here I reckon itll be exclusively for locals. Didn't seem to be much of an expat community here. Just backpackers passing through.

I think this depends a bit on your moto driver and also how much you look as if you can blend. One problem is that brothels are now technically illegal and both girls and locals are frightened of police raids. A few words and phrases of Khmer are pretty obligatory to break the ice. One I went to was fairly standard with ugly rooms and no-nonsense approach but the women were too old and ugly (the atmosphere was also so paranoid even my moto driver started looking shifty). Another was an outdoor deal with a few of those Khmer huts but had a viillage feel with Khmer guys playing cards and gambling. Another was a bar (as a cover) but with girls obviously up for sex.

I found some motos are more honest/helpful than others. Also the girls would ask for $15 but drop the price fairly quickly if haggled properly. (I got it down to $10 so quickly I reckon she would have settled for 5, but she was not a looker). LT take-out of the pretty girls might be anything from $20-35.

Getting your bellboy to send you a girl is a bit more expensive but saves hassle.

One other non-scary and relatively straightforward option is called BothaTip. It's a dimly lit restaurant with slow dancing and carry out that shuts around 12.30am. Short moto ride south along Road 3 and turn off near the Stone Bridge but although you could find it yourself I can't imagine why you would not use a moto.

I'd recommend Battambang for the non-pdp activities and a real feel of Cambodia (hire a moto driver for a day or half day and pull a list of interesting activities off any 'guided tour' list). The boat trip there from SR is awesome at this time of year (not for those who scare easily). As a town, it shuts down pretty well at about 10.30pm except for the out of the way knock shops. If you're only interested in P4P then stick with PP IMO.

Jan 156
09-21-08, 17:30
Sook-see-bye’s Battambang

disclaimer
This report is based on personal experiences and is current as of August-September 2008. As things change very rapidly in Cambodia, please don’t place too much reliance on any reports (inc this one) as details go if more than a couple of months old! It’s nowhere near comprehensive but is written to be as helpful as possible.

pdp
Finding brothels maybe depends a bit on your moto driver and also how much you look as if you can blend in. One problem is that brothels are now technically illegal and both girls and locals are frightened of police raids. A few words and phrases of Khmer are pretty obligatory to break the ice. One I went to was fairly standard with ugly rooms and a no-nonsense approach but the women were too old and ugly (the atmosphere was also so paranoid even my moto driver started looking shifty). Another was an outdoor deal with a few of those Khmer huts but had a viillage feel with Khmer guys playing cards and gambling. Another was a bar (as a cover) but with girls obviously up for sex.

I found some motos are more honest/helpful than others. Also the girls would ask for $15 but drop the price fairly quickly if haggled properly. (I got it down to $10 so quickly I reckon she would have settled for 5, but she was not a looker). LT take-out of the pretty girls might be anything from $20-35.

Getting your bellboy to send you a girl is a bit more expensive but saves hassle.

One other non-scary and relatively straightforward option is called BothaTip. It's a dimly lit restaurant with slow dancing and carry out that shuts around 12.30am. Short moto ride south along Road 3 and turn off near the Stone Bridge but although you could find it yourself I can't imagine why you would not use a moto.

I'd recommend Battambang for the non-pdp activities and a real feel of Cambodia (hire a moto driver for a day or half day and pull a list of interesting activities off any 'guided tour' list). The boat trip there from SR is awesome at this time of year (not for those who scare easily). As a town, it shuts down pretty well at about 10.30pm except for the out of the way knock shops. If you're only interested in P4P then stick with PP IMO.

accommodation
Head for the town square and just check out a few rooms in the various hotels. I found they were all about the same price (around $15 with a/c and hot water) but varied immensely in attractiveness, often for the sake of $2 or no price difference. Angkor Hotel is closed. Most tourists were being directed to Chhaya Hotel (ok but grubby and not good value except for the presence of lots of preppie backpackers) which advertises rooms from $3, though comparable rooms are $10. The International has a posh reception area but the room they showed me smelt musty. The Sekmeas (which has several different names) was cheap but very grubby. I settled for the Royal Hotel which gave me a comparatively luxurious room for $13. The Royal also has a rooftop restaurant with decent views although the food was rather instant-noodle style. (And ‘Cheese omelette’ was a scrawny omelette with a triangle portion of processed cheese, still in it’s wrapper, served on top.) Bellboy found me a nice overnight LT.

Other quick Cambodia overviews: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=791957&postcount=33

Jan 156
09-21-08, 18:43
On paper most of the hotel rooms look similar, but this is actually quite luxurious compared similar priced but dingy, grubby rooms in nearby hotels.

Jan 156
09-22-08, 14:22
For what it's worth - a Battambang map. You can see the market as the oblong in the centre (15) with various hotels round about such as The Royal to the left (10) and the river down the middle.

Phil Istine
09-22-08, 16:06
Try this link -> www.canbypublications.com

Should have all information you need!People say that October is the wettest month but don't sweat, the weather is far better than where most of us come from.

There are occasional torrential downpours in PP that result in knee deep water but as long as one is ensconsced in a bar or in bed, what the hell?

However don't venture to snooky in the wet, it rains a lot and it is the pits.

King Assington
09-27-08, 20:10
Head into Sihanoukville for nice beaches, hot women, and cool drinks. I went there and spent a lovely 3 weeks in the sun learning how to Scuba dive. One of my favorite mongering spots was the Freedom Bar not far from the bus station.

Just pull up a chair at the bar and you'll be joined sooner or later by one of the ladies. You can pay a bar fine, 5 dollars USD, or rent a room for the night over the bar.

My best night had me a lovely little thing of about 20 to 23. Charged me total 30 dollars for the night, 5 dollars for the room, and I tipped her ten dollars the next morning.

I did her three times total full service including rimming, bbbj, fingering, and some light bondage.

I was literally limping back to my hotel the next morning.

SoftLover
09-28-08, 12:44
.... You can pay a bar fine, 5 dollars USD, or rent a room for the night over the bar.
No bar fine in Freedom Bar. All the girls are freelancers.

King Assington
09-28-08, 16:46
No bar fine in Freedom Bar. All the girls are freelancers.If I remember correctly you are right. But I did pay a barfine for one of the bargirls, but it was for us to go out dancing. It was the bar girl who introduced me to the WG.

Memory is not one hundred percent on the situation due to a variety of causal factors, including, but not limited excessive alcohol consumption.

Channy
10-10-08, 07:57
Sook-see-bye’s Battambang

disclaimer

This report is based on personal experiences and is current as of August-September 2008. As things change very rapidly in Cambodia, please don’t place too much reliance on any reports (inc this one) as details go if more than a couple of months old! It’s nowhere near comprehensive but is written to be as helpful as possible.

pdp

Finding brothels maybe depends a bit on your moto driver and also how much you look as if you can blend in. One problem is that brothels are now technically illegal and both girls and locals are frightened of police raids. A few words and phrases of Khmer are pretty obligatory to break the ice. One I went to was fairly standard with ugly rooms and a no-nonsense approach but the women were too old and ugly (the atmosphere was also so paranoid even my moto driver started looking shifty). Another was an outdoor deal with a few of those Khmer huts but had a viillage feel with Khmer guys playing cards and gambling. Another was a bar (as a cover) but with girls obviously up for sex.

accommodation

Head for the town square and just check out a few rooms in the various hotels. I found they were all about the same price (around $15 with a/c and hot water) but varied immensely in attractiveness, often for the sake of $2 or no price difference. Angkor Hotel is closed. Most tourists were being directed to Chhaya Hotel (ok but grubby and not good value except for the presence of lots of preppie backpackers) which advertises rooms from $3, though comparable rooms are $10. The International has a posh reception area but the room they showed me smelt musty. The Sekmeas (which has several different names) was cheap but very grubby. I settled for the Royal Hotel which gave me a comparatively luxurious room for $13. The Royal also has a rooftop restaurant with decent views although the food was rather instant-noodle style. (And ‘Cheese omelette’ was a scrawny omelette with a triangle portion of processed cheese, still in it’s wrapper, served on top.) Bellboy found me a nice overnight LT.

Other quick Cambodia overviews: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=791957&postcount=33I agree, I m not a beginner in Cambodia, but without asssitance it s almost impossible to localized brothels in battambang I was in this city the2 and 3 October, I get report and maps from the archives of isg and all the infos was out of date. Ever at night I can t see pink neon who can suggested mongering activity. But 10 dollars is outrageous price, local brothel all around Cambodia will hardly charge more than 5 dollars barang for the st excepted if you come with the motodop who will get his commission.

Thx for your info Christopherd

Hotman 666
10-10-08, 09:45
Its raining in S.V. and seems very quiet.

Only bar that seemed busy yesterday evening was Freedom.

Plenty of freelancers, both Cambodian and Vietnamese.

Definitly no bar fine required. Most girls happy to drink beer (at 0.75US$ per glass!)

Met a nice little Viet girl. 25 years old, but with the body of a 19 year old!

A happy couple of hours spent at my hotel. No problems with BBBJ (WITHOUT being asked!!)

Excelent service, quite a GFE.

Asked me for 10US$, but I must admit I gave her a little more.

Hotman

Ekspat
10-11-08, 07:35
No problems with BBBJ (WITHOUT being asked!!)

In that case you can sue her for sexual harassment.
:D :D

King Squared
10-12-08, 22:05
A US destroyer arrived in the southern Cambodia deepwater port of Sihanoukville on Saturday for a five-day visit aimed at strengthening bilateral ties.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=131341

I think the US Navy is in town.

Michael 1973
10-13-08, 17:16
Hi,

I will travel first time toi Battambang.

Does any1 has a recommandation for nice hotel or guesthouse?

And does any1 know Bus Stop guesthouse?

TY Michael

Channy
10-14-08, 08:24
Hi,

TY MichaelChaaya Hotel on PH 3. Room with fan and private bathroom from 4 dollars, 500 meters from capitol tour bus station.

There is 2 others in the same block, old Korean wreck bus. Battambang is well connected with others cities staff in chayaa hotel is very helpfull but little bit sticky especialy motodop.

Eat at the local market just at the corner, cheap prices.

Good luck for finding brothels alone. I was unable to localized it, and stangely no motodop offered me this kind of service.

Jan 156
10-14-08, 10:58
Hi,

TY Michael

See my post on several at B'bang report (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=791954&postcount=312) and the two subsequent posts (pic (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=791979&postcount=313) and map (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=792265&postcount=314) ).*

It seems to me to make a lot of sense to stay near Central Market, but from the website, Bus Stop is still in the nice touristy area if you like that (lots of backpackers) and the internet connection - for what it's worth - is free. Plus you can email them to reserve which it seems a lot of people like, although I personally recommend against it. It's apparently western managed (as reflected in the fancy website).

* sorry the map's a bit naff - limits on file size for ISG and it wasn't even great quality to begin with . . . <g>

Cunning Stunt
10-29-08, 11:21
Will shortly be heading across to Cambodia. I intend using the Trat/Koh Krong border crossing and then getting the boat (depending on the sea conditions) or bus to Snooky. Intend to spend 1 night in KK, as the transport out options tend to be fairly early morning. Koh Krong, I think, is the typical border town – in other words a shithole. However, it has fairly reasonable hotels and as it has been a couple of years since I last visited, maybe the place has changed.

Last time I visited, I hired a moto for the evening and the driver gave me a tour of the town (pretty quick as there is fuck all to see :)) and then ran me up to the local brothel strip where I picked a sweet young Khmer for a couple of hours entertainment back in my hotel room. I remember that the girl had obviously had some Khmer classical dance training and gave me a personal dance exhibition before we got down to business.

Anyone been in Koh Krong recently and know if the chicken village is still in operation?

Here’s a couple of photo’s of the dance girl?

Rooter
11-04-08, 14:56
The boats are no longing running , no idea if that will change when high season gets under way , I suspect not .

You can get a in a minibus ( Not recommended as you will be sharing with 17 others , chooks , motorbikes on the roof , you name it ) big buses , no idea when they leave , or a private taxi ( My preferred mode of transport )

Hummer Bird
11-04-08, 18:15
Will shortly be heading across to Cambodia. I intend using the Trat/Koh Krong border crossing and then getting the boat (depending on the sea conditions) or bus to Snooky. Intend to spend 1 night in KK,......... However, it has fairly reasonable hotels and as it has been a couple of years since I last visited, maybe the place has changed............................

Gamahaucher,
I was there for two months this summer and the boat was not running then. However there are several "new" bus company's that do the run. Do not get sucked into the "just walk down a few blocks to downtown" for the bus. The decent buses are at a "new" "bus station" to the left of the KK bridge if going into KK. It is a significant jaunt for early morning rushing, so take a ripoff moto, but no more than 4000 tops!
There is also a new road to Snooky, so the commute is not as insane as before with the three-four ferry crossings. You'll be there in 5 hrs. The tix are no more than 10us! Firm.
Good Luck
HB

Phantomtiger2
11-08-08, 03:08
Anyone been in Koh Krong recently and know if the chicken village is still in operation?

?

I was in KK about 9 months ago and it was rather quiet as repeated raids by police kept most places closed at the time. (Heard they were screening out illegal Viets-but don't know for sure as I moto out of there with the police still present in the area at the time). just Emailed a mate of mine who was there about several weeks ago and he said some places were open at the farms but just a shadow of selections from what he remembered from before.-
Hope this helps

PT

Cunning Stunt
11-08-08, 11:50
It’s been a couple of years since I had last visited Cambodia. Have heard tell that the place is changing fast so thought a return visit had to be made before the place metamorphosised into Thailand Mark II. Here are some impressions that I gained in short visits to Koh Krong and Sihanoukville.

Koh Krong

I used to be quite fond of the frontier, wild west atmosphere of this border town but the place is developing fast and the Deadwood feel has largely disappeared. Lots of fairly good hotels, mostly empty particularly as there are few Thai visitors after the recent border spat. So there are some pretty good deals to be had. The one night I was there I stayed in a Riverside Guest House. OK room with sat tv for only $6.
There used to be about 10 establishments in the chicken farm just outside town, offering a wide choice of ‘chickens’ for an evening’s diversion. Most have succumbed to the recent crackdown and the helpful tuk-tuk driver I had hired for the evening (100 baht) was only able to show me 3 places. Choice was pretty poor, but there was one cutish Khmer 19 year old who drew the eye. Negotiated a fee of $15 all night and off we bumped back down the rutted track to my hotel. Her service was quite good, including passable yum yum, but I got the impression that ‘the lights was on but nobody was home’ (maybe she was high on me!), so let her go a after a couple of hours. For some reason she returned to my room about 2 hours later as if we had arranged it! Woke me up and rather gave me the willies. Shooed her away with a $5 dollar tip and that was the last I saw of the little nutcase.

Sihanoukville

Firstly, the boat from KK to Sihanoukville has ceased operation but the new road with shiny new bridges, means that the bus trip is now a tolerable 4 hours.

For a place that was once touted as destined to be the new Pattaya (god forbid!), Snooky has retained much of its small town charm and is a great place to kick back and relax for a few days, particularly after my hard traveling itinerary of late. So that is exactly what I did with a touch of mongering (of course) on the side. But, like Koh Krong, the quality and opportunities seem to have diminished somewhat from my last visit. Not to worry – the place has some splendid beaches, bars, cafes and restaurants and still retains a remarkably relaxed attitude towards the dreaded ‘weed’ with joints actually priced on the menu’s of beach cafes (no use to me – I don’t partake anymore). Amazing to see though.
As on my last visits, I based myself in town, equidistant from the 2 main beach areas. I stayed at the near deserted (spookily like that hotel in ‘The Shining’) but friendly New Paris for $10 a night.
First night I crossed the road to the Freedom Bar, which is, I guess, Snookies poor imitation of Martini’s or LA Café in Manila. Although a great place to eat (particularly breakfast) and to meet up with colorful local expats, as far as the pussy is concerned, forget it. In 3 separate evening visits in the 3 days I was in town, I didn’t see a single screwable female. A Brit expat told me that some nights it really rocks, but guess the sound must have been turned down on the nights I was there. Beer is cheap, though, at 75 cents for a draught Anchor. Chatted a while with probably the most attractive, unaccompanied FL in the bar, but she was nothing special and wanted $20 for an hours room ‘massage’. Forget it.
So jumped on a moto and headed up to the girlie bar street on Weather Station Hill. Again most of the bars were quiet (off season?) but the girls were a little bit more presentable and fun. Started off with some good French grub at the rather classy La Paillotte Then tried most of the bars in the street getting nearly legless in the process and ending up in a ‘no name’ bar where I was rudely and most enjoyably molested by a tiny, dark little Khmer in her mid 20’s called Dim. Eventually paid a $5 bar fine and agreed a $25 LT for her (OK, I know I was done over!) and repaired to the hotel. Here I think that I performed heroically considering the amount I’d drunk, but my audience wasn’t as appreciative. Wasn’t bad though and the morning session was quite lovey dovey. She wanted to spend the day with me, but since I intended collapsing in a heap on the beach, let her go and told her I would see her that night. Didn’t happen though, as I got pissed again with a bunch of expat Brits, in the Freedom Bar and ended up falling into bed alone in the wee hours.
The last night I decided to recce the brothels. Started off with the usual few in the Freedom, then linked up with a curly headed, young moto driver who I had chatted to the night before. Spoke good English and is pretty knowledgeable but forget his name. He always seems to hang outside the Freedom, though. Negotiated a price of a few dollars and then whizzed up to the chicken village. Same as the brothels in KK, the area seems reduced and many of the places seemed to be closed and boarded up. The selection in those places that were open, was not very good. So after a couple of beers and a little impromptu genital massage from the girls, we mounted up and headed back into town as I had a hankering for a Viet. On a prior visit, I recall a street full of Viet brothels, near the market, but maybe that has gone too. Anyway, the moto driver took me to a single house, with a selection of about 15 Viets. Saw a cute one and wanted to take her out but mamasan would not permit this (they still play that indentured slave game then?), so paid $15 for an in-house service (robbed again). Girl had a nice body but having seen some unidentified marks on her body, decided that yum yum alone would suffice. Turned out to be the best choice. Yum yum was excellent with great technique and a grandstand finish into her willing mouth and then she surprised me by actually yum yumming. Well worth a $5 tip.

It seems that the p4p scene in Cambodia has deteriorated since my last visit with the malicious influence of the dreaded NGO’s having done their worst. However on to PP and just hope that that is better.

Heres a couple of photo of the Koh Krong nutter, just in case you wanted to give her a swerve (she is quite fun in bed though).

Kuranyi
11-09-08, 13:06
Does anyone have infos about the border casinos in Poipet?

Are they worth a visit to gamble a bit? Are they expensive?

Iching
11-10-08, 01:05
Does anyone have infos about the border casinos in Poipet?
Are they worth a visit to gamble a bit?Are they expensive?Yer? little las vegas. There`s a handfull of casino`s in poipet from 10B a chip upwards. watch out for a Cambidian who trys to get you a woman drugs, he meets you as soon as your going through customs from Thailand.

Dinghy
11-10-08, 12:33
poipet is scary after dark so you wouldn't want to be there in the casino area (actually the LIT areas are OK)

games - baccarat,
blackjack (would say BJ but that's a 'different' game :))
roulette
slots

by worth it do you mean are they giving comps like Vega$? Only in food - pretty good free food and drinks for players but otherwise just another casino

would _I_ play there? maybe - I tried that one (not all 2 or 3 - or there were a few years ago) plus KK plus PP plus SV at least once (SV several times) (Prefer SV but a long ways to go unless staying in the hotel)

IF you have access to casinos in other parts of the world, they are generally better atmosphere

anyway - thats my 2baht worth (they only gamble in BAHT OR $$$)

THAIS pretty much quit going because of the temple issue and the dead soldiers so oyu might get treated like a KING

Phantomtiger2
11-11-08, 00:18
Koh Krong

There used to be about 10 establishments in the chicken farm just outside town, offering a wide choice of ‘chickens’ for an evening’s diversion. Most have succumbed to the recent crackdown and the helpful tuk-tuk driver I had hired for the evening (100 baht) was only able to show me 3 places. Choice was pretty poor,

Sihanoukville

It seems that the p4p scene in Cambodia has deteriorated since my last visit with the malicious influence of the dreaded NGO’s having done their worst. ).

Yeah, pretty much the same impression of both places the last time I visited about 8-9 months ago and the same was said by my mate who I emailed for info about these places several days ago as he was recently there also.

Sad, but at least you and I still have happier memories of their more glory days.

PT

Bajuka
11-11-08, 14:30
Hello Fellows,

I will make a visit to Sihanoukville in februar 2009.

I will stay in a hotel on Ocheuttal beach (7 days) 27 USD/day.

Can anyone of you give me advise and information of god places to have food, and where to pick up girls for ST and LT also freelancers (I like girls 30+) and how much will the damage be?

Information about massage-places is also welcome.

Thanks in advance

I will post report in mar 2009

Broko
11-11-08, 23:40
A pityt you dont stay in my hotel :-). But okay, i forgive you.

The places for fl's are Freedom Bar, Poco Loco and the beach bars at Ochheuteal Beach close to Serendipity Beach like Dolphins Shack, Jacks Shack and the bars next to those.

There are some girls bars at Victory Hill and at Lions Plaza (close to your hotel). Brfine form $5 to $10.

And offcourse the karaoke bars in karaoke street but dont go there on your own.

Prices LT starting at $15.

Hope this helps

Hello Fellows,

I will make a visit to Sihanoukville in februar 2009.

I will stay in a hotel on Ocheuttal beach (7 days) 27 USD/day.

Can anyone of you give me advise and information of god places to have food, and where to pick up girls for ST and LT also freelancers (I like girls 30+) and how much will the damage be?

Information about massage-places is also welcome.

Thanks in advance

I will post report in mar 2009

Bajuka
11-12-08, 10:38
Thank You Broko,

But tell me which hotel is yours, and what is the prices for staying there?

I will also make a stop at Koh Kong, do you have any advice for that.

A pityt you dont stay in my hotel :-). But okay, i forgive you.

The places for fl's are Freedom Bar, Poco Loco and the beach bars at Ochheuteal Beach close to Serendipity Beach like Dolphins Shack, Jacks Shack and the bars next to those.

There are some girls bars at Victory Hill and at Lions Plaza (close to your hotel). Brfine form $5 to $10.

And offcourse the karaoke bars in karaoke street but dont go there on your own.

Prices LT starting at $15.

Hope this helps

Broko
11-12-08, 23:36
I tried to send you a PM with the name but i got the message that you dont accept pm's. I dont want to put the name on the forum. Sorry

Thank You Broko,

But tell me which hotel is yours, and what is the prices for staying there?

I will also make a stop at Koh Kong, do you have any advice for that.

Phantomtiger2
11-15-08, 00:20

[/QUOTE]

Just to add: not all gals at these places will leave with you. They will often get you interested with the believe they will spend the nite with you but after milking you for a few drinks (they get a "commission" for every drink) and at the end they will make excuses not to leave the place with you.
But still, spending some time/money with some lovely lass is not always a total loss either. IMHO

PT

Member #3443
11-17-08, 08:53
Was down in Krong Kep and Kampot for a couple of days. Stayed at the Borey Borkor Hotel and was offered girlfriend service. I didn't really get to pick, but I took a chance. About 10 minutes later a 1/2 Cambo 1/2 Viet chick is introduced to me. She was very exotoc being a mix. Father is Cambodian and Mother is Vietnamese. Paid the "broker". ST girlfriend service was $20 and LT girlfriend service $20. She gave a fairly good bbbj and then since I was tired as I had played golf early in the day just did your basic with her. A couple of positions but cum in mish. We cuddled a little and then I sent her on her way so I could sleep the night :) .

Channy
11-23-08, 07:40
Brfine form $5 to $10.

HIt sad to read that Sihanoukville became like Pattaya or any city in Thailand. Too many stupid farang created a new income tax for all the bar owner in Cambodia. The barfine.

I will be curious to know the fixed wage for all this girls working in this kind of shit bar.

Gorm1
11-23-08, 23:51
It sad to read that Sihanoukville became like Pattaya or any city in Thailand. Too many stupid farang created a new income tax for all the bar owner in Cambodia. The barfine.

I will be curious to know the fixed wage for all this girls working in this kind of shit bar.No barfine at Freedom Bar. I met some really good girls there - 20$ LT

Hummer Bird
11-24-08, 07:02
It sad to read that Sihanoukville became like Pattaya or any city in Thailand. Too many stupid farang created a new income tax for all the bar owner in Cambodia. The barfine.

I will be curious to know the fixed wage for all this girls working in this kind of shit bar.After several months in Cambo, w/ two in Sihanoukville, I can tell you after many conversations with the local girls and my girlfriend there, that it depends on if the girl is just a "lady drink" girl, or one that actually goes with customers.

The wage is somewhat open, as there are commissions for all lady drinks, and a girl who can get a customer to buy some for her or her friends will get about one dollar for each drink. If the girl goes with customers then she may get a monthly wage anywhere from 40-60 us dollars. To attract the customers who buy beer and keep the joint going with the barfines which cap out at a whole 10 dollars!

The girls do pretty good here, for Cambodia, but it is not far from hell. Many have to put up with real idiots and extreme perverts. I seen some shit that makes me sick, and I am one sick fuck! Granted we all are basically pervs here, but at least show some class while practicing.

I was a bit pissed about the commissions at first, but come on, how cheap do we have to be? I am a little sick of the ex patriots who want to keep the girls disinfranchised and downtrodden. I once heard a local ex-patriot wannabe musician guitarist croon out a blues about "don't pay the ***** more than five dollars" while locals walked and worked nearby. A real class act there! OK so your stuck in Cambo because your basically a freak who had to get out of his home country to avoid some kind of criminal citation, but wake the F(*& up! Have a little respect and humbleness big spender!

I love a hot cheap lay as much as all of you, but this is not as much fun for these girls as your ego may think. (I know, and I am pretty decent looking, and can fuck hard for a good duration with good techniques.) So man up and pay a proper fee, as I cannot imagine any one monger here (I hope not)who would love to have his face covered in sticky smelly cum after having his ass fucked by a viagra filled sausage for two hours. Not an easy job at all compared to what I do!

Oh By the way, before the flaming comes, I am not directing this to anyone, just extemporizing on the issue!

Cheers,

HB

Baba Giba
12-06-08, 03:51
Guys, Sihanoukville is getting more interesting, thanks to a kind of competition going on between western business owners, with a few more venues featuring new chicks (Savery GH, near the market, Mosquito Bar and Papagayo on Victory Hills). The interesting small Viet place near the Bus Station has been unfortunately closed by the local finest. What a pity!

Freedom is still the same shit, but good for cheapskates as there seems to be no bar fines to pay there. Kangaroo bar is periodically facing shortages of girls: it seems also the fat guy owning that place and his Khmer manager are keeping the best stuff for themselves. Not a fair and professional practice. Luckily, some girls (couple of them bi-sex) and one katoey are just arrived from the former Bonobo bar (Victory Hill) to reinforce the ranks of a since-then quite depressing workforce. Beware of foreign TV crews filming *****men at work in various places around town! You certainly do not wish your kids back home say " Hey, Mum, come along and look, there's Daddy on the telly!"

Phantomtiger2
12-10-08, 01:23
Guys, Sihanoukville The interesting small Viet place near the Bus Station has been unfortunately closed by the local finest. What a pity!

!"Which Viet places are closed- hope it's not the Blue Mts?

Baba Giba
12-19-08, 10:40
Which Viet places are closed- hope it's not the Blue Mts?No, it wasn't the Blue Mountain, they even paved a new road to the top.

Phordphan
01-03-09, 07:40
hi, all

i've been rtff-ing, but can't seem to find anything terribly current on sihanoukville.

i'm planning a trip in feb/mar. i haven't been to camb. for a couple of years now. i've been to sr and pp a couple of times each, had a great time with a local sr lass, etc., etc., but never had time to make it to the beach.

i'm thinking of loafing there for 4 or 5 days.

i'd like some advice on:

a decent hotel in the $40 - $50/night range. less is ok, but i'm too old for backpacker hostels. much more is just too much for camb. internet is really important. speed isn't so much an issue, but i need connection to my business while i'm away. in-room safe is a must.

current state of live-in tour guides. my normal mo in sea is to get a nice girl, who can speak a bit of english, for a bit of touring, company and nocturnal entertainment, and hang out with her for a few days. best locations, current pricing, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

transportation - is it best to get around via moto and/or taxi? or is renting a motorbike a sensible option?

any other advice is greatly appreciated!

pp

Phil Istine
01-04-09, 05:16
I would go to the golden sands,wireless I believe,big pool,casino,near ochateul beach and probably $35 up to a suite which would probably be good value considering the dire tourist numbers.

Reef resort on the occateul hill also has a pool and i believe is a favourite of the visiting pattaya boys-maybe not a reccomendation unless one likes singlets and tatoos and lager louts.

Montecristo
01-07-09, 03:31
Just stayed one night, the wireless internet was payed , and they dont say that in the website, i felt cheated, the rooms were nothing special, so for 27.5$, it seemed very very expensive, much better options nearby.

Roguesta
01-07-09, 05:34
I like the Freedom Hotel. It's cheap (most expensive room is $15.00). It has wifi (though I never tried it). There are no safes in-room, but each room does have an armoire that does lock.
There are plenty of freelancers downstairs in the bar. It's located across the street from the bus station.

Shadow6491
01-08-09, 03:53
Well the freedom hotel is a good cheap hotel with a nice pool. I stay there often.

But it is not across the road from the bus stop nor are there freelancers in the bar downstairs.

There is no bar downstairs. There is a resturant downstairs and across the courtyard. Don't expect to many happy endings from the massage girls there either.

Hamlek
01-10-09, 08:31
Well the freedom hotel is a good cheap hotel with a nice pool. I stay there often.

But it is not across the road from the bus stop nor are there freelancers in the bar downstairs.

There is no bar downstairs. There is a resturant downstairs and across the courtyard. Don't expect to many happy endings from the massage girls there either.There must be 2 Freedom then, I've stayed at the same as Roguesta.

Dinghy
01-14-09, 23:53
freedom IS across the road from the bus stop except it is at the OTHER END of the bus area - the end AWAY FROM THE MARKET AREA

Shadow6491
01-15-09, 15:43
Ill tell you what why dont you have a look at the map in the canbypublications Siem Reap Angkor Vistors Guide book for clarification.

Freedom hotel is marked on National Route 6 on the same side as the Bus stop road which is acording to the map only 200m down the road. It is a bit further by my memory yes past the market. You then turn left down this road and you are also right the bus stop is even further down this road to the bus stops.

So in total somewhere from 300-600m

But just across the road it is not. Also there are no cheaper rooms available than $15 and Im sorry but there just aren't any freelancers in a bar there.

I have stayed there 4 times in the past 12 months. Have brought girls back to the hotel. No problems esp as all the rooms can be accessed without going through the main lobby. So if she is really ugly or you like ladyboys of wich there are plenty on pub street you dont have to do the walk of shame.

Hamlek
01-15-09, 16:34
Ill tell you what why dont you have a look at the map in the canbypublications Siem Reap Angkor Vistors Guide book for clarification.

Freedom hotel is marked on National Route 6 on the same side as the Bus stop road which is acording to the map only 200m down the road. It is a bit further by my memory yes past the market. You then turn left down this road and you are also right the bus stop is even further down this road to the bus stops.

So in total somewhere from 300-600m

But just across the road it is not. Also there are no cheaper rooms available than $15 and Im sorry but there just aren't any freelancers in a bar there.

I have stayed there 4 times in the past 12 months. Have brought girls back to the hotel. No problems esp as all the rooms can be accessed without going through the main lobby. So if she is really ugly or you like ladyboys of wich there are plenty on pub street you dont have to do the walk of shame.Thought the discussion was about Sihanoukville?

Shadow6491
01-16-09, 03:41
My Apoliogies I was thinking of Seam Reap.

You are correct there is a Freedom Hotel across the road from the bus stop in Snooky. Not a place ive ever considered staying at though. It is ok to go there and have a look for freelancers though.

On some nights they have live bands that can vary greatly from yodiling omp lompa bands to even worse some times.

There are plenty of better options for hotels in Snooky just go to freedom for a drop in and a beer and you may save yourself a head ache.

Betong
01-16-09, 13:32
You are correct there is a Freedom Hotel across the road from the bus stop in Snooky. Not a place ive ever considered staying at though.Yeah, it's a bit of a dump, but it's kind of nice having girls right downstairs whenever you like. I also like their policy of giving you a complimentary beer when you check in. All in all the kind of place that probably appeals most to old Asia hand types, much like the Walkabout in PP.

Baba Giba
01-19-09, 12:31
Yeah, it's a bit of a dump, but it's kind of nice having girls right downstairs whenever you like. I also like their policy of giving you a complimentary beer when you check in. All in all the kind of place that probably appeals most to old Asia hand types, much like the Walkabout in PP.It seems to me Freedom has the ugliest girls in town, most of them high on yaba, yeah, you have not to pay any barfine to take them out, but look at your valuables and use two condoms as most of them are there because no bars in Phnom Penh wants them around anymore. (HIV)

Betong
01-20-09, 04:08
It seems to me Freedom has the ugliest girls in town . . .Lots of skanks for sure, but there's the occasional doable one. Frankly I'm less than impressed by the whole town these days.

Hummer Bird
01-20-09, 08:20
Yeah long time away now (6months), but somehow the novelty has worn off.
I am getting some choice girls of all varitals here in the states for the same prices as in Cambo, save for the all night. And sometimes I just do not need the hassle of making conversation and dealing with some newbie in my space.
Girls can be had in the states for 25 dollars FULL SERVICE!. And the blow jobs in the States are so much better than the Asian stir try.
So why am I paying nearly two thousand dollars just for flight, and the dealing with the Shitty cops and scams overseas. I for one do not want to be set up by some skank and then find myself in a dank shithole of a prison.
Anyways I am sure that the ease of finding our ugly asses attractive keeps us boomeranging overseas.
Will try to post something more inspiring next time, but maybe the aspect of saving several thousand dollars will have you buying some homespun poontang eh!
Cheers
HB

Sharka
01-21-09, 00:33
Girls can be had in the states for 25 dollars FULL SERVICE!. And the blow jobs in the States are so much better than the Asian stir try.

HBJust to make sure I'm reading this correctly. The price $25 for full service in the US?

I must be living in the wrong state as the cheapest for FS (even by a truck stop skank) is $90 or more. Care to tell which state we are talking about.

Shark

Vittu
01-21-09, 02:18
You can have FS for $20 in Baltimore. I just had a 33-year-old mother of three with increidble hootes and nice body. Picked her up on Garrison Boulevard.

Ibeme
01-21-09, 02:58
Hummer bird,

Man you sound jaded or defeated. Some girl in LOS must of really done a number on you. You can't be serious by comparing FS in the US to LOS??

And why are you paing $2k for airfare? Something isn't quite right.

Let's see, get a hot little spinner from BKK/Patters/PP or an overweight crack ***** in spandex for 4x the money. Yeah, tough call.

Hummer Bird
01-21-09, 04:41
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly. The price $25 for full service in the US?

I must be living in the wrong state as the cheapest for FS (even by a truck stop skank) is $90 or more. Care to tell which state we are talking about.

Shark

Yeah Shark,
Arizona!! Great place for chicks. I just had full service today from my provider for 25 bucks. Great tits, nice ass, and does not complain (the best part)!
I was spending 1000 baht for short time in Bangkok, and 500-700 for ST in Pattaya. My PP short times were usually around 10-20 bucks, and for 20 she was expected to stay over. But still consider the prices to fly out that way, and then deal with transport and all the crazy hassles. I know it is nice to get out of the states and have some grateful ho's, but spending 3-4 thousand for a getaway is a whole lotta love here in the states without the major issues of corrupt officials and ngo's who want to get famous at mongers expense.
Cheers
HB

Nokbkk
01-23-09, 10:43
I have stayed there 4 times in the past 12 months. Have brought girls back to the hotel. No problems esp as all the rooms can be accessed without going through the main lobby. So if she is really ugly or you like ladyboys of wich there are plenty on pub street you don't have to do the walk of shame.I am sorry to admit, I recognize the situation. If the last drink was one to much for a good judgement of the beauty you take to your hotel. Later, you regret passing the main lobby.

Or you took already before a lady from the bar downstairs and you don’t want this lady to see you spend the night with another one.

Or some of us wants a katoey instead of a lady. We never do because we have to pass through the main lobby, the walk of shame.

So, Anyone knows a hotel who can be accessed by a second entry (outside stairway or something else) instead going through the main lobby?

Hummer Bird
01-23-09, 23:23
Hummer bird,

Man you sound jaded or defeated. Some girl in LOS must of really done a number on you. You can't be serious by comparing FS in the US to LOS??

And why are you paing $2k for airfare? Something isn't quite right.

Let's see, get a hot little spinner from BKK/Patters/PP or an overweight crack ***** in spandex for 4x the money. Yeah, tough call.
Check out Orbitz and Kayak or any of the "cheaptickets" They are all around 1800 for summer time flights from US to BKK. Who do you go through?
Cheers
HB

Stew2
01-24-09, 07:42
Check out Orbitz and Kayak or any of the "cheaptickets" They are all around 1800 for summer time flights from US to BKK. Who do you go through?
Cheers
HB

Try Asiana on their own website - LA - Phnom Penh is around 1075 right now.

Shadow6491
01-24-09, 12:10
Nokbkk. What town do you want info on? What are your other requirments?

Am, I talking to Nok the Kok from another board?

Nokbkk
01-24-09, 13:36
Nokbkk. What town do you want info on? What are your other requirments?

Am, I talking to Nok the Kok from another board?I am sorry Shadow6491, I am not Nok the Kok.

Just wanted the info for Sihanoukville, maybe other members want the same info on other places, who knows.

Ibeme
01-24-09, 17:39
HB, right now you can fly United to BKK for $994 thru March. Obviously it will be more during the summer, but that's why I always go in the spring. Last year I paid $950, so it's about the same price.

Phil Istine
01-25-09, 15:18
Yeah Shark,

Arizona!! Great place for chicks. I just had full service today from my provider for 25 bucks. Great tits, nice ass, and does not complain (the best part)!

I was spending 1000 baht for short time in Bangkok, and 500-700 for ST in Pattaya. My PP short times were usually around 10-20 bucks, and for 20 she was expected to stay over. But still consider the prices to fly out that way, and then deal with transport and all the crazy hassles. I know it is nice to get out of the states and have some grateful ho's, but spending 3-4 thousand for a getaway is a whole lotta love here in the states without the major issues of corrupt officials and ngo's who want to get famous at mongers expense.

Cheers,

HBI am thinking of all those sheep and goat jokes.A man is walking down queen st in auckland with a sheep under each arm.A cop stops him and says hey mate are you a shearer?

No says the guy,these two are mine,fuck off and get your own.

Or the meeting of spiritualists and the MC asks if anyone has ever had sex with a ghost.

A guy at the back puts up his hand and he is invited on to the stage.Well tell us about having sex with a ghost says the MC.

OH says the man,I though you said goat!

That Asshole
01-25-09, 21:47
You can have FS for $20 in Baltimore. I just had a 33-year-old mother of three with increidble hootes and nice body. Picked her up on Garrison Boulevard.Hehehe,

Does somebody really call a "mother of three" a woman. Why not Mother Theresa then? Hehehe.

What we are talking about in Kambo is 18-20 year young fresh viet and Khmer pussies, tight, juicy and delicious.

Funny how deprived we western men have become. We could of course have the same fare back at home if it wasn't for our own stupid religion of worshipping women, especially young women.

The difference in Asia is that they still consider them shit, a product and merchandise to sell, buy and enslave.

It is only up to the guys. Unfortunately the more often we go there, the more we destroy their present beauty system.

TA

Dinghy
01-28-09, 05:23
'Murcan sheep jokes

Montaaana - where men are men and sheep are Nervous

DIRTY OLD GOAT ROPERS NEED LUV TOO :)

Tjhooker
01-31-09, 07:58
I think the earlier post refers to the new 'nightclub'on the corner of karaoke street/downtown roadmain road called Arizona. Not the state!

Anyway, 25 bucks is too much. 20 LT, and if you take her back at the end of the night even 15 bucks should be enough (this is walkabout rates).

And since most of them wake up at 6. 00am wanting to go home and wash clothes/or make food for family, its best to throw them out. Or you might find your wallet missing in the morning too.

Can anyone advise what happens in 333 karake/ brothel? Next door to that new club. 5 bucks for the room (seating ownly), 1 buck for a girl. But do you get more than a sing-song?

Hamlek
02-04-09, 20:28
Some notes from my 2 most recent trips to Koh Kong and Sihanoukville, first one in September and 2nd one in January. Don't know how useful you'll find them but maybe they can work as a discussion starter. Going again soon so any input on places to find girls, stay, eat etc as well as prices would be appreciated.

Took the bus from Pattaya (on Sukhumvit just before the Pattaya Tai intersection) to Trat/Trad around 6 am, almost missed it last time since it stopped outside the Family Mart while most other busses seemed to be stopping outside the 7/11. 165 baht this time, a little bit more last time since the ticket prices follows the gas prices. Minibus from Trat/Trad to the border for 120 baht.

Crossed the border at Hat Lek / Koh Kong both times, had an e-visa last time but didn't have time to get one this time and got charged 1.200 baht. Didn't push too hard but my half hearted attempt to pay $20 definitely didn't succeed. Will they accept $20 if you insist or is it better to get the e-visa? Another bonus with the e-visa was that it didn't take up a page in the passport.

When we got our visas we hooked up with a moto guy and negotiated our whole stay with him at once which in my experience saves time, hassle and money compared to using different guys or negotiating one thing at the time. Ended up paying him with a Vietnamese girl he liked at the chicken farm (plus whatever commissions he got from different places) as compensation for a ride from the border, going to buy a sim card and bus tickets, driving us around for a couple of hours in the evening and taking us to the bus station the next morning.

Had a Mfone sim last time which was 3G and worked very well for calling and texting both local and international as well as for internet and e-mail. Had a Hello sim this time that didn't work as well. Any differences in rates? Any other operators?

Nice room in Asean Hotel last time in Koh Kong but full this time (Chinese new year) so ended up in what I think is the cheapest room I've ever stayed in at 150 baht / night at Riverside Guest House. Room with a bed, a table and a fan and shared bathroom with only cold water but clean and friendly staff.

Ate at the Dugout and Bob's last time and the guest house and Bob's this time with Bob's as the clear winner, really good food that easily could compete with restaurants in a lot bigger cities than Koh Kong. Any recommendations on places to stay or eat or things to do (the mangrove forest?)?

A couple of nice girls at the chicken farm and we got quoted $10 for the Khmer girls and $15 for the Viet girls, the Khmer guys seemed to be paying 30.000 riel for the Khmers and $10 for the Viets. We paid 5.000 riel for the beers this time, think we paid less last time but might be mistaken.

From what I understood the ferry to Sihanoukville is still running but not on a regular schedule and costs $20. We got conflicting reports on how many times a day the bus runs, we took the 8.15 one and paid $10 for the tickets. Got quoted $80 for a taxi which seemed like a lot since I think I've paid $40 or $50 going from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville before.

The only things that seemed to have changed in Sihanoukville since last time was the they've moved the bus station, they now have traffic lights and Freedoms wireless internet wasn't working (temporarily or not I don't know).

Rented bikes for a couple of days ($4 per day) and traffic lights sometimes made driving easier and sometimes more dangerous. Easier when people respected them and more dangerous when the guys with the green light didn't check for crossing traffic and the guys with red light ignored the lights.

I like Victory Hill but drinks seems a bit over priced, bar fines ridiculous in some bars and nice girls in most bars but crap attitude in others. Sort of like Freedom as well had a couple of beer there every night except for one when the band was so bad there was no way we could stay for more than one. A couple of girls in the bars at Golden Lion Plaza but only about half of the bars open. Poco Loco was a bit slow when we were in but maybe we were to early, the girls were nice and friendly though. Someone recommended Savery Guest House but wasn't much happening there, to be fair though we only went there once and I haven't been before. Went to Blue Mountain and the chicken farm and realized the chicken farm continued far longer down the road than I went last time. Have been to Outback Bar before but didn't go in September, looked closed both times we went past this trip. A couple of girls every night at Dolphin and the neighboring bars but beer in plastic glasses and a lot of back packer isn't really my thing.

Love the red curry in Freedom, had great tapas at Pacos and some under average pasta at over average price at Kangaroo Kitchen. Last time we had some great seafood at Treasure Island, decent food at G'Day Mate, a not very impressive pizza at Happy Herb, great food at what I think was Happa (was I bit stoned when we got there but looked like one restaurant that turned out to be two and we ate in the one closest to the roundabout.

Nice $10 room at Mealy Chanda with hot water, aircon and a mirror in the ceiling for a couple of days and good quality cheap food in a little restaurant just across the road. Stayed at Freedom for a couple of days and the rooms are ok but don't really make you go wow, easy access to beer, girls and food on the plus side. Last couple of days in a guest house down by Ochheteal Beach, that I can't remember the name of but it was next to Orchidee Guest House. $10 room here as well while most of the other guest houses in the area for some reason seemed to be charging around $20 for rooms with similar standard.

Paid $10 for a decent bag of weed both trips but it seemed harder to find good quality stuff this time, Cialis $3 per box (4 pills) and varying prices and quality on alprazolam, diazepam and bromazepam.

Bought a $20 ticket Sihanoukville to Pattaya on the way back. A little too long day for my taste. Any problems driving over yourself with car or bike (at the border or in Cambodia)?

GregLondon
02-05-09, 07:38
My 3rd trip to Snookyville, and have to say its a bit of a it and miss destination. The moto drivers are always keen to deliver you to Blue Mountan where they get a $5 commission if you take a girl. The Mamasan takes about 50% of the remainder so from a $20 fee the girl gets to keep $7-8 except she has to repay the loan the mamasan made to her parents and pay for her food accommodation etc. No wonder the service is often very poor. BM is currently asking $20 ST and $40LT I presume this is negotiate down to the old $10 ST and $20 LT but you wil need to negotiate very hard for the lower rates esp if you want t take her back to your place, The girl are generally young ad cute.

Many of the Freedom Bar girls are not so young and cute an them more intent o playing pool than finding a customer.

AfAsia
02-05-09, 09:56
How many hours travel roughly did it take Pattaya - Sihanoukville? do you believe it to be well worth the effort. I have this in mind, Sept.

Perhaps even on to Phnom Penh. How many days would you recommend spending in Cambodia? i would prefer to travel by road than fly, in order to see and experience all things Cambodian. I figure, 1 week?

Spending 24 days in Thailand.

Hamlek
02-05-09, 18:55
How many hours travel roughly did it take Pattaya - Sihanoukville? do you believe it to be well worth the effort. I have this in mind, Sept.

Perhaps even on to Phnom Penh. How many days would you recommend spending in Cambodia? i would prefer to travel by road than fly, in order to see and experience all things Cambodian. I figure, 1 week?

Spending 24 days in Thailand.Stayed the night in Koh Kong going to Sihanoukville but did it in one day going back and checked out of the hotel in Sihanoukville 07.30 and was back in my room in Pattaya 20.00. Could probably shave a couple of hours off that time going with your own vehicle.

Worth the effort going to Cambodia or doing the trip overland? I live and work in Pattaya so I enjoy the break plus I've got some friends living in Cambodia that I enjoy seeing. If I was coming from Europe for a holiday I probably wouldn't think it was worth the effort. Doing the trip overland, when I go to Phnom Penh I fly but I'm a cheap charlie so when I go to Sihanoukville I go overland. It wouldn't really save any time taking a taxi to Suvarnabhumi, fly to Phnom Penh and take a taxi or bus down to Sihanoukville. It might be considered a more comfortable trip but I prefer saving the money and, as you say, you get to see more.

How many days to spend in Cambodia I guess depends on what kind of person you are. I haven't really found anything else to do in Sihanoukville than shagging and going to the beach (suggestions on other activities more than welcome) so how long does it take for you to get bored of a fairly good beach and cheap but pretty average mongering. More to do in Phnom Penh with things to see like killing fields, tuol sleng, royal palace, national museum and wat phnom as well as things to do like go-kart and the shooting range. Can't comment on the rest of Cambodia but someone else here probably can.

Hope that helps!

GregLondon
02-07-09, 08:21
I tried to find the dancehall at the end of 333 street people mentioned as Arizona. I only found one called Amazon. A overpriced ($3 beers) Asian oriented dance place. Is this what people mean or something different?

Currently the est place to find Freelancers seems to be the Dolphin Bar on the eech. 10-20 FLs there most days though some are a it snotty. The prolem seems t be that many are funded by guys sending them money from Europeor the US so are chsy who they go with.

Lavianda
02-08-09, 00:06
It seems to me Freedom has the ugliest girls in town, most of them high on yaba, yeah, you have not to pay any barfine to take them out, but look at your valuables and use two condoms as most of them are there because no bars in Phnom Penh wants them around anymore. (HIV)As far as my experience goes concerning the FREEDOM BAR the girls are really not that ugly. I had two girls from there and I thought they were pretty good looking or at least pretty cool, which kind of makes up for not being a model. At least for me. I don't know about HIV though. May someone knows anything more specific? I consider HIV a serious issue and if you are right that most girls who work there are HIV positive then this should be made public.

Here is a picture of one girl. I might write a report. I had to do some editing because the high ISO got too much noise in the picture.

So guys, is she ugly or what?

Sharka
02-10-09, 00:51
Noddy,

Other than PP and Snooky, the rest of Cambodia is pretty much a dead end in terms of sights,activities etc.
Stay longer in PP if you are more the city/urban type guy and if you are more a beach lover, then allocate more time in Snooky(hey they even have a casino here-if you can call it that.. Either way, pussy can be found at both locations so enjoy.

Shark

Chicken Farmer
02-10-09, 01:07
Snooky's Flora and Fauna or BYOB

Hi fellow rooters

Most of this isn't new to you, of course. But maybe newbies to Sihanoukville care to know about the relative hygiene of the brothels in this town. Generally speaking try to avoid a ST on the spot and take the girl back to your room. She will normally appreciate this too, as most rooms have neither a/c nor hot water.

Blue Mountain

Rooms are bright and relatively clean, bedcovers are not. BYOB (=Bring your own blanket). Roaches and other insects possible, but... this is Cambodia. Rooms have fans, no aircon. Outside in the courtyard, don't sit too close to the buddha statuette, as rats (some really big ones) feed on the donations and whatever other food is left on the floor.

Rose/012 Street

Rooms are dim and therefore look ok, bedcovers seem cleaner, but of course are not better than above. BYOB. Some rooms have aircon, which takes care of some insects.

97/Chicken Farm/last business on the right

Tall guys beware! The rooms are so tiny, that you can't fully stretch in the bed. If you're into insects, ask them to keep the lights on so you won't miss out on what crawls under, over, next and maybe into you. Since I used their facilities only once, I don't know about all their rooms, nor can I say whether the stench came from the actual room/mattress/girl or if the whole place smells like that. But fellow rooters confirmed the size of the rooms and the fauna too.

BYO2B

To be followed

Dinghy
02-11-09, 05:52
well, to get there the same day, you need to get the 530am bus out on sukumvit at klang (central road). cheap enough to get to trat (200b or so) then another 110 from trat-kk. you will get to trat about 10 or so then wait for the next mini-bus down to cham yeah (the border itself) then the touts and the wait for the visa (advice - go get electronic visa over the web and cut out maybe 20 minutes of wait - you just turn in the visa/passport and get stamped into cambo then you are on your way. i actually got a cab with another guy to pp, but snooky is another possibility. the boat quit running anyway. paid 1300b in december (each) for the ride to central market in pp. took 4 hours in a cab - got v e rrr y slow from about 20km out from the airport the rest of the way in. traffic is unbelievably heavy with every kind of vehicle imaginable fighting for their place on the road. traffic is a lot better going to snooky because of a lot less traffic close in - maybe 1 hour less than going to pp.

for you cheap charlies out there - bus leaves kk at 9am and gets in at 3 or so for about $12 iirc might be $15 though. they [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) you on the return trip though. for a better report go out to talesofasia.com and read the cambodia overland report. if you take the bus and have long legs, the best seat in the bus is right in the middle of the back seat (no seat in front so can stretch out) frankly, if going to pp from thailand, i'd fly even if it costs less to go overland. just too brutal for the trip overland - plus take a 6-pack and some food on the bus because you'll need it

AfAsia
02-17-09, 03:39
Sharka, Dinghy

Appreciations for the advice mates. Seems as if flying is really the sensible option, i`m just going to see how i feel, once i`m in LOS we take it from there.

Cambodia historically is so interesting, being doing some research, seems the West did not only turn a blind eye to the plight of the people but actively encouraged and even bombed Cambodia during Pol Pott`s time of madness, turning a country back literally to year...Zero.

Phil Istine
02-18-09, 18:36
Look noddy the history is worse than that.

We recognised the khmer rouge as the legitimate government at the UN for about ten years after the viets invaded.

Us being US, China, Eu, australia pretty well everybody.

Because the US told us that the viets had kicked our arse and now the thais are scared so lets fuck over the cambos and the viets.

Very sad for Cambodian people, most of the mines were laid after the viets kicked the KR arse.

People like the singaporean, australian, NZ and UK SAS taught the khmer rouge how to lay mines and booby traps that are still killing people today.

Write to maggie thatcher and ask her what was she thinking when she said that pol pot was a man she could workwith.

Tjhooker
03-11-09, 09:26
Well, to get there the same day, you need to get the 530am bus out on Sukumvit at Klang (Central road). Cheap enough to get to TRAT (200B or so) then another 110 from Trat-KK. You will get to Trat about 10 or so then wait for the next mini-bus down to Cham Yeah (the border itself) then the touts and the wait for the visa (advice. Go get electronic visa over the web and cut out maybe 20 minutes of wait. You just turn in the visa/passport and get stamped into Cambo then you are on your way. I actually got a cab with another guy to PP, but Snooky is another possibility. THE BOAT QUIT RUNNING ANYWAY. Paid 1300B in December (each) for the ride to central market in PP. Took 4 hours in a cab. Got V e rrr y SLOW from about 20km out from the airport the rest of the way in. Traffic is unbelievably HEAVY with every kind of vehicle imaginable fighting for their place on the road. Traffic is a LOT better going to Snooky because of a LOT less traffic close in. Maybe 1 hour less than going to PP.

1. 8:00 am minibus from Pattaya to trat 300baht. Try to find the owner of minibus/co. NOT use a travel agent. 4 hr trip. (if minibus sets off full no stop at ban phe (kho samet)) with short stop to eat.

I have done the bus from sukhumvit. Change at rayong then change at chantaburi. Stops to pick up anyone on road too. 5. 5 hrs of hell. Not worth trying to save 100 or 150 bht.

2. Details about trat to border correct.

3. Koh kong. PP/sinouk. 20 bucks at most for a WHOLE seat (NOT 1300 bht! ). Just say if price too big, you are going to spend night in KK, and get the bus in the morning (I think it is only 10-11 bucks at moment. Normally 14 in low season though). They will drop price if you walk away.

ButtLover
03-11-09, 19:24
Hi
Can someone give me instructions where to find the chicken farm !
I know that it is near the port
I was driving the area for one hour last time in Siahnukville but could not find it.
Thanks
Buttlover

Chicken Farmer
03-11-09, 22:02
Rather than trying to give misleading or confusing directions, I took the liberty to crop a local map and clearly marked the chicken zone. Please find the attached pdf.

Tjhooker
03-12-09, 04:56
Directions to the farm.

Travel along Ekareach (main road) towards victory hill.

Turn right toward freedom bar.

Turn left at freedom (which is at corner on the right)

At next junction turn right.

Follow this road for about 2-3 km and at junction turn right. You will go down a hill with sea view infront of you.

At junction at bottom turn left (big petrol station here).

After about 0. 75 km take the turning on the right towards the port. You will go across two derelict railway lines. The road then swings to the right. At this point look straight ahead (about 200m ahead) and you will see a dirt track road. You have to take the dirt track road (not follow the main tarmac road).

This dirt track road leads to the farm. About 10-15 shitty bamboo/corrugated shacks, mainly on the right hand side.

If you go during daylight hours don't expect to see that many chicks outside the shacks. They are probably asleep or high.

Note:

Pay only 5 dollar (but the Vietnamese shack. Last one on the right. Want 6 dollar, also the ugly chicks will tell you the younger sexy ladys cost 10 dollar! DO NOT pay this)

Pay 1 dollar tip [remember these girls earn little] or max. 2 if good service Long time: can be done, but do you really want a chicken hanging around your room all night?

If you go by moto expect 1 dollar extra charge for his comission. I would expect tuk-tuk-twats want 2 dollar commision. You could tell your transport to fuck off, rather than hanging around. Would be easy to get a return trip at night. It is safe to be there alone. Plenty of farangs around nowadays.

Take just enough money that you will need. Watch your valaubles at all times. If you shower. Take your valuables with you.

Good luck.

ButtLover
03-12-09, 16:47
Directions to the farm.

Travel along Ekareach (main road) towards victory hill.

Turn right toward freedom bar.

Turn left at freedom (which is at corner on the right)

At next junction turn right.

Follow this road for about 2-3 km and at junction turn right. You will go down a hill with sea view infront of you.

At junction at bottom turn left (big petrol station here).

After about 0. 75 km take the turning on the right towards the port. You will go across two derelict railway lines. The road then swings to the right. At this point look straight ahead (about 200m ahead) and you will see a dirt track road. You have to take the dirt track road (not follow the main tarmac road).

This dirt track road leads to the farm. About 10-15 shitty bamboo/corrugated shacks, mainly on the right hand side.

If you go during daylight hours don't expect to see that many chicks outside the shacks. They are probably asleep or high.

Note:

Pay only 5 dollar (but the Vietnamese shack. Last one on the right. Want 6 dollar, also the ugly chicks will tell you the younger sexy ladys cost 10 dollar! DO NOT pay this)

Pay 1 dollar tip [remember these girls earn little] or max. 2 if good service Long time: can be done, but do you really want a chicken hanging around your room all night?

If you go by moto expect 1 dollar extra charge for his comission. I would expect tuk-tuk-twats want 2 dollar commision. You could tell your transport to fuck off, rather than hanging around. Would be easy to get a return trip at night. It is safe to be there alone. Plenty of farangs around nowadays.

Take just enough money that you will need. Watch your valaubles at all times. If you shower. Take your valuables with you.

Good luck.

Thank you for the information
I am going to Siahnukville at the end of April
BL

Dinghy
03-14-09, 15:28
tj - the 545 am TRAT bus goes straight thru (it's marked in both Thai and English on the front)- stops at Rayong and Chant, but no changes (just a quick stop about 45 mins outside Chant for a toidy and b'fast break at a "rest area"). I've never had luck finding the mini - it would save a bit of trouble getting to Suk for sure. WHERE are they?

The reason I splurged for the 1300 was that 1) I had the bhat and wasn't going back into Thailand until later this year and 2) it was a cab and direct from the border itself - no extra bag lugging (I was going there to get out because of BKK shutdown).

But like you say - IF I had wanted to wait the night it would have been $9 or 10 on the big bus. That last hour is a killer of "go, stop, creep, mostly stop" etc

First Lover
03-17-09, 22:33
To anyone with experience.

Since I plan another holiday to my favorite corner of the world, I would like to visit Sihanoukville.

I have been looking through the Canby guide and found some nice places to stay, I would really like one with a swimming pool, and I was just thinking about if all the places are girlfriendly.

In 2007 (I think it was) I was staying in the Orchid hotel and it was really a nice place with a good restaurant and a really wonderful pool.

However not too much girlfriendly, they only have twinbeds and one night I brought a girl, I got a not so friendly look from the managerlady, but she didn´t say anything since she was busy checking in a young couple.

So can anyone give good advise to a nice girlfriendly hotel with a pool in Sihanoukville.

Thanks

Dronil
03-18-09, 05:19
Try the Golden Sands - near the Golden Lion monument and about a block back from the beach. Good pool, about 3 stars and cost roughly $32 per night.

Whoreman
03-23-09, 22:09
There seems to be hardly any information about Poipet on this forum, which is surprising considering its reputation and the number of westerners who pass through. I always get offered "beautiful lady" by the moto guys but have never taken them up on it because I don't trust them. What options are available? I hear there are big guest houses which are actually brothels and there are also chicken farm type places. Does anyone have any recommendations and prices?

Phantomtiger2
03-23-09, 23:15
Poipet, Reason not much mention is because there is not much to talk about compare to other places in Cambo.

There are several "big" houses( if you can call them that) that service mongers but more upscale (again,if you can call them that) so tend to be a bit more money. Services mostly the higher end wealthier Cambo men. Prices varies depending on 1)are you a local 2)can you negotiate in their language.

Local brothels also available but not really concentrated in one area . Best option is to get a motodriver to show you a few places, try to remember where they are in general and come back later on your own to avoid paying their "commission", or just do what I did. Rent your own bike and just cruise around and I found several places that way. Brothel prices also varies (see above), but these are the lower end so max. you should be paying is $10 ST or less.

PT

Whoreman
03-24-09, 05:58
Thanks. I'm sure Poipet isn't the Mecca of sex tourism but like many others I go there for visa runs so only plan to stay for a few hours or one night at the most. As I like the P4P scene in Cambodia it makes sense to give a Poipet brothel a go. I did a search and there are a few recommendations but most of the reports are very old and I hear a lot of the brothels have closed and the ones that are open don't have the girls sitting outside any more. Ironically the best information I could find is from the prick Kristof who likes wandering around Cambodia buying girls from brothels. His video shows a karaoke area on the outside of town and a few brothels inside town. Last time I was in Poipet I saw something called a snooker and karaoke club I think with girls sitting outside who looked nice. It was on the main road after immigration but I don't want karaoke or snooker, I just want to pick a girl, fuck her and go back to Thailand. I'm not local and can't speak the local language but I can walk away if I don't like the price which is the best negotiating tactic of all. Is $10 for a Viet girl a price to be aiming at? What about for the bigger, classier places? Kristof claims the price is $2 or $3 which I call bullshit.

Any recommendations?

Roguesta
03-25-09, 09:15
The prices he states may not be too far off the mark for Poipet. I was just in Sihanoukville, and at Pum Thmey, they were asking between $3 and $6.

First Lover
03-25-09, 12:30
Thank you for the hotel advise.

Golden Sands seems to be the way to go with all the nice facilities that I like and I trust that it is girlfriendly.

Whoreman
03-25-09, 17:31
True. There were some reasonable girls asking for $5 in the chicken farm area near the port when I was last in Sihanoukville. I think $2 would get you something skanky though.

Channy
03-29-09, 14:37
Thanks. I'm sure Poipet isn't the Mecca of sex tourism but like many others I go there for visa runs so only plan to stay for a few hours or one night at the most. As I like the P4P scene in Cambodia it makes sense to give a Poipet brothel a go. I did a search and there are a few recommendations but most of the reports are very old and I hear a lot of the brothels have closed and the ones that are open don't have the girls sitting outside any more. Ironically the best information I could find is from the prick Kristof who likes wandering around Cambodia buying girls from brothels. His video shows a karaoke area on the outside of town and a few brothels inside town. Last time I was in Poipet I saw something called a snooker and karaoke club I think with girls sitting outside who looked nice. It was on the main road after immigration but I don't want karaoke or snooker, I just want to pick a girl, fuck her and go back to Thailand. I'm not local and can't speak the local language but I can walk away if I don't like the price which is the best negotiating tactic of all. Is $10 for a Viet girl a price to be aiming at? What about for the bigger, classier places? Kristof claims the price is $2 or $3 which I call bullshit.

Any recommendations?Poipet is alive and very well alive, Poipet is an outlaw city in Cambodia have you noticed the few ngo office active here? The casino doesn t want them.

In poipet you don t need to speak khmer, thai is widely spoken. And in Poipet there is girl for any purse. Kristof claimed 2 or3 dollars for a st? . Probably the locals paid that price. As farang or barang in khmer language you will be charged 200 baths for the st in local brothels, but with bargaining you can get it for 100/150 baths.

So if you want to enjoy Poipet spend more than roundtrip visa run, spend a day and explore the town by yourself. Poipet is a good place for mongering in Cambodia, at reasonable price because it s not a farang place. And few crackdown because few ngo pressure.

Comeon83
04-03-09, 07:40
Can I get the following in Snooky for $50 a day:

1. I would like to stay in a place with a pool, safe, AC and free wifi.

2. I would like to have 1 or 2 ST (in my room of course) and 1 LT every day. All girl should be 8 or 9s.

3. Everything else is superfluous (But a nice meal or two would be nice

Can experience BM describe how I can do this?

I know I can meet this budget by visiting the chicken farm for ST but the quality of girls are lower there right?

Betong
04-03-09, 09:43
And in Poipet there is girl for any purse.That's for sure, and they're not hard to find. Three cautions though. First, beware of scams. For example, don't get talked into paying for anything in advance, and have the exact amount ready when you do pay. Second, it's a tough town, run by thugs, so keep a low profile and avoid getting into arguments, walking down dark alleys, etc. Finally, these are not the healthiest girls in the world, so suit up well.

Sammon
04-03-09, 15:25

1. I would like to stay in a place with a pool, safe, AC and free wifi.

2. I would like to have 1 or 2 ST (in my room of course) and 1 LT every day. All girl should be 8 or 9s.

3. Everything else is superfluous (But a nice meal or two would be nice

Can experience BM describe how I can do this?

I know I can meet this budget by visiting the chicken farm for ST but the quality of girls are lower there right?

1. It will cost you from $30-$50 for the hotel with pool.
You can get hotels without pool for $20.
You can have Ac rooms. But very few have safe deposit boxes.

2. Depending on where you pick up the girl you can have ST for $10/each.
8 or 9 girls are hard to find in Sihanoukville. If they are beatifull they will go to Phnom Penh to make good money.
In sihanoukville you will mostly find 5 or 6.

3. Meals are cheap if you eat at roadside places. Even at beachside restaurents you can find crabs or shrimp for $8/meal.

Chicken farm girls are sometimes cute but you would not want to do them there. You can take them to your room.

Comeon83
04-03-09, 18:30
1. It will cost you from $30-$50 for the hotel with pool.

You can get hotels without pool for $20.

You can have Ac rooms. But very few have safe deposit boxes.

2. Depending on where you pick up the girl you can have ST for $10/each. 8 or 9 girls are hard to find in Sihanoukville. If they are beatifull they will go to Phnom Penh to make good money. In sihanoukville you will mostly find 5 or 6.

3. Meals are cheap if you eat at roadside places. Even at beachside restaurents you can find crabs or shrimp for $8/meal.

Chicken farm girls are sometimes cute but you would not want to do them there. You can take them to your room.Another BM posted:

"Well the freedom hotel is a good cheap hotel with a nice pool. I stay there often.

There is no bar downstairs. There is a resturant downstairs and across the courtyard. Don't expect to many happy endings from the massage girls there either. "

The freedom hotel is around $15 a night right? Are there any other hotels with swimming pools for $15 a night?

Gohan39
04-05-09, 17:43
Another BM posted:

"Well the freedom hotel is a good cheap hotel with a nice pool. I stay there often.

There is no bar downstairs. There is a resturant downstairs and across the courtyard. Don't expect to many happy endings from the massage girls there either. "

The freedom hotel is around $15 a night right? Are there any other hotels with swimming pools for $15 a night?Hi comeon83,

You can find all the hotel, restaurants and maps at:

http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/cambodiahome.htm

Good luck

Phantomtiger2
04-06-09, 23:05
True. There were some reasonable girls asking for $5 in the chicken farm area near the port when I was last in Sihanoukville. I think $2 would get you something skanky though.

No, the only way to get $2 is the price the locals Cambo men pay so never expect to get to this low level for P4P unless you look and speak Cambo. And remember $2 will get them the same gals we get but at a higher price for us outsiders so they may not be skanks afterall.

PT

Channy
04-12-09, 14:48
No, the only way to get $2 is the price the locals Cambo men pay so never expect to get to this low level for P4P unless you look and speak Cambo. And remember $2 will get them the same gals we get but at a higher price for us outsiders so they may not be skanks afterall.

PTYou can get 3 dollars again with some girls in toul kok (phnom penh) and I m a barang. For this price only khmer girls will accepted it. So I think you can get it in sihanouville too, depending the time, the girls and how much money she makes durinh her business hours. But basicaly its hard to get for less than 5 bucks. I got the 2 dollars bonk but it was in 2004.

Comeon83
04-13-09, 03:33
You can get 3 dollars again with some girls in toul kok (phnom penh) and I m a barang. For this price only khmer girls will accepted it. So I think you can get it in sihanouville too, depending the time, the girls and how much money she makes durinh her business hours. But basicaly its hard to get for less than 5 bucks. I got the 2 dollars bonk but it was in 2004.How common is this in PP/snooky?

I mean do you get the higher quality girls for this or just the skanks?

Sharka
04-13-09, 23:56
You can get 3 dollars again with some girls in toul kok (phnom penh) and I m a barang. For this price only khmer girls will accepted it. So I think you can get it in sihanouville too, depending the time, the girls and how much money she makes durinh her business hours. But basicaly its hard to get for less than 5 bucks. I got the 2 dollars bonk but it was in 2004.

never got anything in PP for less than $5. ($7-10 is more the normal prices these days, at least the last time I visited) I even tried the walk away and take my business elsewhere tactic but for anything less than $5, they didn't stop me or came after me for more bargaining.

Shark

Tjhooker
05-17-09, 09:58

1. I would like to stay in a place with a pool, safe, AC and free WiFi.

3. Everything else is superfluous (But a nice meal or two would be nice Can experience BM describe how I can do this?

I don't think you can do it because of your accomodation demands.

1. The only pools I know of are at sokha intl resort 100 us/night or golden sands ususally 25-30 bucks per night but may go down to 20us if slow business (now) and you book a few nights.

If you get rid of the pool you can get ac for 10usd opposite mofftah travel services. Cchinese/kmer place. Not sure about WiFi, internet facilities in snooky suck. Best place is air con shop down near the beach, 2nd road.

2. Freedom ST 10 USD un negotiable. Might be one or two 8s but they are usually snapped up by a boyfriend because the standard there is so low compared to PP Chicken ST 5 USD. Best youll find is 6 or 7. Its dog rough.

Blue Mountain ST 10 USD maybe one or two 8s there, aggresive viets.

MY ADVICE. Find you're LT in PP and take her for holiday to snooky. Preferably a freelancer. Tempt her with 20 usd on first day.but try to avoid discussing long term money, then every other day buy her a treat. They like shopping so some cheap jewellrey or a dress. Then at end of holiday when she expects her big pay off just give her a few bucks mentioning the gifts/food/drink youve spent on her!

Don't let your LT know you're getting 2 STs a day! She won't like that. But you will find you get a bit of space becuase she will to go and chat with local girls/eat chickens feet/and whatever else the khmers like doing.

PP Girlie Bar chicks will cost you more. They will demand more each day plus 5 US bar fine/day take out. Maybe even 10. But the best lookers are in the girlie bars, and if you are young/handsome/or just get lucky and find a newbie chick, it may cost as little as a freelancer.

POIPET. Takes a while to find the farm, I only found it on 3rd visit. It isn't like snooky/koh kong farms which are a bit out of town. Poipets is in the town limits. If I remember, its about 1 km from the border on main road then turn left. There are about 10 shacks and a hotel/brothel around the corner which seems a better option. There was also a decent looking hotel nearby which is obviously very convenient for take outs.

The thing about the place which bugs me is it always seems to rain, and the mud roads make getting around impossible. Its also on the slower route to Thailand with KohKong being much quicker now.

WARNING. ALWAYS demand the lights to be turned on. Check out the pussy first, open it up and check for problems. On a recent trip to KK, I got a chick with a pussy that smelt like her breath (and you know how bad the kmers breath is) and it was oozing a frothy white fluid. Didn't look like semen but woulnt suprise me knowing their levels of cleanliness. Khmer girls seem to think it is unhelathy to clean up inside themselves. I think it was gonohrea. I should have walked out but I didn't want to get her in trouble, it was unpleasant, but I just relieved myself! They normally don't like the lights on becuase they are shy but I have come across others who fuck when they have problems/have period.

Member #4698
05-17-09, 22:01
I had a great time in Phnom Penh last time, but only spent 4 days and 4 nights (not enough nights). So I am returning. This time I will initially spend 6 nights in PNH. Then I will take a little road trip, to break things up for 3 or 4 days, to Kep/Kampot. And finally I will wind things up with another 6 nights in PNH. That’s 16 days in Cambodia. Add to that 8 days in BKK, 10 days in Hong Kong, and 5 days in Macau – I think I got a pretty good trip planned.

I have done some research and now I come to the forum. Question: Is there any action (what a question) in Kep and or Kampot? Fill me in guys. I know I will find out on my own when I get there, but I would love a little inside information.

Muchas Gracias.

Pleasure69
05-18-09, 09:30
Nothing (for sure) in Kep. Just karaoke bars in Kampot. So. Find a lovely lady in PNH and take her with you.

Member #4698
05-19-09, 20:44
Nothing (for sure) in Kep. Just karaoke bars in Kampot. So. Find a lovely lady in PNH and take her with you.Yes, that thought crossed my mind. There was one girl I hooked up with my last trip to Phnom Penh that might have been a good candidate. I liked her a lot and among her other attributes, she had a nice personality. But it's one thing to have a good time with a girl for 2-3 hours and quite another to spend 3-4 days with her. Then again if things start to drag or get freaky I can always give her $20 and put her back on a bus to Penh.

So what I do depends on the girls I meet when I return. I will plan on going solo to Kampot & Kep (a solo adventure is always good), but I will keep an open mind to the possibility of asking a "lovely lady" to accompany me.

I love Cambodian women!

Phil Istine
06-21-09, 11:59
Just had a couple of days in snooky and as a memoriam to the late roddy we took the brothel tour, actually in my toyota pickup as well, just like roddys tours.

Started at the chookrat gueat house, muts have been too early-no girls yet.

Back to blue mountain where the new concrete road goes about 50 meters before reverting to a goat track.

The big place was open but the girls had to come in from up and down the street-all subbies.

We drank an anchor each and selected one each and retired to the rooms.

Then down to the old favourite poontimai which according to rumour was gone.

Luckily a viscious rumour, place is boomomg with many, many houses in action.

Went way up the road past biba to roddys old favourite, now a wate of time.

Meandered back down stopping to chat as you do, hit the jackpot at number 60, wow so many girls.

The khmers were turning up regularly and never drinking beer, just grabbing girls for their $2 short time. There were several young stunners there and the boys indulged again.

We went back early the next afternoon and many places were open and we drove right up the road to where it opened up in a big paddock with a funfair.

This is where to build the royal poontimai palmyra hotel.

What a resort it would be with all that $5 pussy so close.

Went through the muddy gateway and turned right and drove for miles amongst shacks on the waterside, lots more action there and no barang of course.

There were some magnificent villas up there and beaches that I have never seen before. But the smell of fish was overpowering.

Returned to the mountain and poontimai on the Saturday night but due to the khmer holiday the pickings were slim, all working.

Even the victory hill bars were good this time, although the dickhead french owners were squabbling as usual.

New bar on eckarech, Annas on the left as you go out. Nice girls and friendly owner-for a frog. Worth a look.

Claudio
07-05-09, 22:34
Hi,

Was in Cambo several times 2000/1/2/3. Had a exellent time in Koh Kong Island. Any NEWS?

Chicken farm is still working? Nice girls arround the town-in the small shops?

Or places arround PP. Remember Krache. There where not onlys the delphins.

Thanks

Claudio

Phil Istine
07-06-09, 19:08
Just been up to anglong vieng and preah vihear-so many soldiers there.

Must be heaps of brothels,the building boom there is incredible.

Sharka
07-06-09, 23:37
Thanks Phil for the updated information.
Just one question, what's a Poontimai?

Phantomtiger2
07-06-09, 23:47
Hi,

Was in Cambo several times 2000/1/2/3. Had a exellent time in Koh Kong Island. Any NEWS?

Chicken farm is still working? Nice girls arround the town-in the small shops?

Claudio

Seems you have not been back to KK in over 6 years. Bad news is that times have changed for the worse as it is not as nice or easy (meaning less scams/ ripoffs ) as the last time you visited.
Yes, chicken farm 2k outside town still there but not as active with as many choices and also more scammer women (runners) there now.

Only good news is that it's easier to reach KK by bus as they finished a main road leading out of town to Snooky. Too bad they took away the fast shuttle boat due to the bus service now as I actually enjoyed that boat ride to Snooky sitting on top of the boat and having a few beers.

PT

Phantomtiger2
07-07-09, 00:02
Just had a couple of days in snooky and as a memoriam to the late roddy we took the brothel tour, actually in my toyota pickup as well, just like roddys tours.

Started at the chookrat gueat house, muts have been too early-no girls yet.

Back to blue mountain where the new concrete road goes about 50 meters before reverting to a goat track.

The big place was open but the girls had to come in from up and down the street-all subbies.

We drank an anchor each and selected one each and retired to the rooms.

Then down to the old favourite poontimai which according to rumour was gone.

Luckily a viscious rumour, place is boomomg with many, many houses in action.

Went way up the road past biba to roddys old favourite, now a wate of time.

Meandered back down stopping to chat as you do, hit the jackpot at number 60, wow so many girls.

The khmers were turning up regularly and never drinking beer, just grabbing girls for their $2 short time. There were several young stunners there and the boys indulged again.

We went back early the next afternoon and many places were open and we drove right up the road to where it opened up in a big paddock with a funfair.

This is where to build the royal poontimai palmyra hotel.

What a resort it would be with all that $5 pussy so close.

Went through the muddy gateway and turned right and drove for miles amongst shacks on the waterside, lots more action there and no barang of course.

There were some magnificent villas up there and beaches that I have never seen before. But the smell of fish was overpowering.

Returned to the mountain and poontimai on the Saturday night but due to the khmer holiday the pickings were slim, all working.

Even the victory hill bars were good this time, although the dickhead french owners were squabbling as usual.

New bar on eckarech, Annas on the left as you go out. Nice girls and friendly owner-for a frog. Worth a look.

Phil, Sounds the the good o'days of Snooky are coming back again. Last time I was there about a year ago, the place was going downhill from what I use to remember. Not to mention, can't rent motobikes anymore without a shitty Cambo license.
I'm assuming of course that the $2 is the local monger rate and not the rate we can ever get (I tried many times but never got it below the minimum foreigner rate of $5).

Working from memories of Snooky, I'm still trying to get a sense of where they are building this new Royal Palmrya Hotel you mentioned above but can't come up with the location?

Also, are they still trying to overcharge 1st timers at the Blue Mts with $10. and not the usual 5.

PT

Phil Istine
07-07-09, 19:16
Hey phantom,that was a joke.

My legless mate reckoned that beacause poom tmei was so great we would open the hotel there.

The royal palmyra poom tmei hilton.

Girls girls girls only 5 dollars just outside the door-and with views of the swamp!

Phantomtiger2
07-07-09, 23:04
Hey phantom,that was a joke.

My legless mate reckoned that beacause poom tmei was so great we would open the hotel there.

The royal palmyra poom tmei hilton.

Girls girls girls only 5 dollars just outside the door-and with views of the swamp!Sorry Phil for not catching the joke, I really thought you were serious and that I missed out on something great.

PT

Claudio
07-12-09, 20:12
Phantomtiger. Thanks a lot! Yes long time ago. But I will go back. After Africa-east and west. Need some litle bodys again.

Thanks agian!

Phantomtiger2
07-13-09, 23:35
Phantomtiger. Thanks a lot! Yes long time ago. But I will go back. After Africa-east and west. Need some litle bodys again.

Thanks agian!No problem Claudio,

Another good thing is that I don't think the rates have changed that much since your last visit to KK.

PT

Claudio
07-19-09, 22:03
Hi again,

Any god hotel advice and brothel / chickenfarm advice for Poipet.

Yes I knew Its one of the dirtysed place in s/e asia.

Thanks a lot!

Paul2020
08-01-09, 07:32
Hi again,

Any god hotel advice and brothel / chickenfarm advice for Poipet.

Yes I knew Its one of the dirtysed place in s/e asia.

Thanks a lot!

I stayed twice in 2008 at the Holiday Palace Resort which is the first hotel on the right as you enter from Poipet from Thailand. First time was in their Century section which was a very basic room. Second in the normal rooms which were nice. Their website is www.holidaypalace.com and the reservation number is on the website. The rate was about 1,000 per night.

Poipet can be very busy on the weekend with Thai visitors. Make sure you have the name of someone if you make a reservation there. I had a problem the first time.

I don't have any information on brothels or chicken farms. I went to see a coyote dancer that was working in the hotel at the time and she took good care of me. Her and her friends all liked to go to the Hollywood disco a few hundred meters from the hotel after work and there were plenty of women in there for the taking.

In the hotel next to the Holiday Palace (same side of street, farther from the border crossing), there was live music and dancers who were available in a lounge.

Be aware that with the new Thai visa rules, that if you re-enter Thailand at Poipet / Aranyapathet you will only be given 14 days in Thailand.

Whistleblower X
08-05-09, 19:35
there hasn't been much about sihanoukville recently, so i thought i would give a brief heads up on things around there.

blue mountain is operational, prices seem to be 10 dollars these days. only the "main place" is open, couple of other good joints have closed.

on omui street some old well-known places which used to be closed for some time are fully up and running again these days.

chicken farm is as usual. there was some sort of raid a couple of weeks ago but since then things are as usual. price 5 dollars as before.

victory hill has changed a lot. bonobo is gone. tropicana bar has a new aussie owner who is randomly violent towards customers and locals. the place is full of cctv cameras and it is under police investigation. he is digging his own grave. do not go there unless you are looking for trouble! other places on the street are ok, but not my cup of tea. there are a couple of new places on the street: honey bee bar and safari bar, also mosquito and crazy rabbit as before. in some places you can not bar-fine straight-forward but you have to buy a certain amount of lady drinks.

freelancers can be found at freedom as before, but it closes these days at midnight i believe. on occhuteal beach you can find freelancers after midnight at chiva's shack. they used to be at dolphin but now they have been banned from there due to some problems with the lea.

wherever you go, be careful. the old de-facto age of consent for anything used to be 15, but since the new 2008 anti-trafficking law, the limit is strictly 18 if the situation has any similarity to prostitution. this is strictly enforced and ngo's are setting up traps every now and then (christian organizations are hiring **** girls to seduce and have sex with foreigners so that they can do busts to get more publicity and aid money from western donors).

lots of motorbike thefts recently. also, you need to wear a helmet and have mirrors or you will need to pay fines (3000-5000 riel) or your bike might be taken to the police station (expensive). nobody has been asking for driver's licenses any more.

the bus station has moved to omui street.

that is all for now.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

El Culion
08-06-09, 11:11
Blue Mountain is operational, prices seem to be 10 dollars these days. Only the "main place" is open, couple of other good joints have closed.

On Omui Street some old well-known places which used to be closed for some time are fully up and running again these days.

Chicken farm is as usual. There was some sort of raid a couple of weeks ago but since then things are as usual. Price 5 dollars as before.Hi Whistleblower!
Thanks for the update. Can Viet girls (my predeliction :)) still be found at Blue Mountain/Omui Street? I've always had a better time with them in Snooky than in PP or HCM. I'm travelling to the East again next month, but having read all the negative PP reports, I was tending not to include Cambodia in my itinerary this time, but a good selection of Viet girls in Snooky will definitely tip the scales.
Thanks!
EC

Whistleblower X
08-08-09, 02:56
Can Viet girls (my predeliction :)) still be found at Blue Mountain/Omui Street?Yes, certainly. Also many of the freelancers are Vietnamese and Chicken farm has at least one Viet place.

El Culion
08-08-09, 13:21
Yes, certainly. Also many of the freelancers are Vietnamese and Chicken farm has at least one Viet place.Thanks. That's good news. Any additional information would be appreciated.
Snooky, here I cum! :D

Iching
08-10-09, 12:13
I stayed twice in 2008 at the Holiday Palace Resort which is the first hotel on the right as you enter from Poipet from Thailand. First time was in their Century section which was a very basic room. Second in the normal rooms which were nice. Their website is www.holidaypalace.com and the reservation number is on the website. The rate was about 1,000 per night.

Poipet can be very busy on the weekend with Thai visitors. Make sure you have the name of someone if you make a reservation there. I had a problem the first time.

I don't have any information on brothels or chicken farms. I went to see a coyote dancer that was working in the hotel at the time and she took good care of me. Her and her friends all liked to go to the Hollywood disco a few hundred meters from the hotel after work and there were plenty of women in there for the taking.

In the hotel next to the Holiday Palace (same side of street, farther from the border crossing), there was live music and dancers who were available in a lounge.

Be aware that with the new Thai visa rules, that if you re-enter Thailand at Poipet / Aranyapathet you will only be given 14 days in Thailand.You`ll have to check this up, i think your allowed two 15 days of stay then on the third you have to take an international flight to another country and get 30 days again.

Sharka
08-11-09, 01:48
Blue Mountain is operational, prices seem to be 10 dollars these days. Only the "main place" is open, couple of other good joints have closed.

Lots of motorbike thefts recently. Also, you need to wear a helmet and have mirrors or you will need to pay fines (3000-5000 riel) or your bike might be taken to the police station (expensive). Nobody has been asking for driver's licenses any more.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.Was at the Blue Mt last year and price was always $10 to start but if you stayed firm the price usually settles back down to $5. BUT you must bargain for this price as it is not automatic!

Prices should be ok at $5 unless there was a management change since last year. So let us know how this turns out.

Good to hear about not checking for driver /bike license b/c it was the reason I didn't rent one and was at the mercy of the thieving motodops/taxi.

El Culion
08-11-09, 15:03
Was at the Blue Mt last year and price was always $10 to start but if you stayed firm the price usually settles back down to $5. BUT you must bargain for this price as it is not automatic!!!!!
Prices should be ok at $5 unless there was a management change since last year. So let us know how this turns out.

Good to hear about not checking for driver /bike license b/c it was the reason I didn't rent one and was at the mercy of the thieving motodops/taxi.When I was there last January the price was still $5, but then again, both of the big houses at the end of the alley were in operation at that time. So maybe not necessarily new management but the lack of competition that has driven up the price. So Whistleblower, let us know what it is.

Sharka
08-13-09, 00:06
I read somewhere (so not 100% sure about this), I was thinking of getting a Vietnam visa from Snooky instead of PP but not 100% sure this can be done at Snooky as I prefer not having to travel back to PP to get one.

Now assuming its possible, any idea how long this visa process will take and the current price (for a US citizen)

I think the current price in PP is about $35 and takes 2 days. One to drop off and next day pick up.

Shark

Sharka
08-13-09, 00:14
The bus station has moved to Omui Street.

That is all for now.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.So bus station moved a little north? So how far on Omui St (further east or west on Omui) is the bus station now, or better yet for reference, how far is the new station from the old one?

Broko
08-13-09, 04:09
I read somewhere (so not 100% sure about this), I was thinking of getting a Vietnam visa from Snooky instead of PP but not 100% sure this can be done at Snooky as I prefer not having to travel back to PP to get one.
Now assuming its possible, any idea how long this visa process will take and the current price (for a US citizen)

I think the current price in PP is about $35 and takes 2 days. One to drop off and next day pick up.

SharkSame price as in PP ($35) and max 2 days.

Sam14
08-13-09, 05:04
You can a Vietnam visa in 5 minutes in Sihoukville.

It is the best place in the world to get one.

El Culion
08-13-09, 21:36

SharkI got mine in PP last January on the SAME day. When I got there, the place was packed with mainly young Israeli backpackers waiting for their visas, and it provoked a lot of grumbling when my name was the first one to be called. Last in, first out :D
The whole process took less than half an hour.
I DON'T KNOW if this is common practice but that's how I got mine.

Sharka
08-13-09, 23:13
You can a Vietnam visa in 5 minutes in Sihoukville.

Thanks all for the info. Guess it's Snooky for the Viet visa.
5mins?--Wow, don't know if this is good or bad as I had originally thought of dropping off my application and bang a gal and return later for the visa, but 5min means I am forced to stay long time for it--he he.

Shark

Thehedonist
08-19-09, 13:19
I'm considering going on a short trip toPoipet directly as I arrive in Bangkok airport (I'll return to Bangkok afterward).

Is there any direct service to Poipet from the Airport?

How long does the trip takes?

I'm looking to have a taste of wild Cambodia, gambling and partying.

Sharka
08-21-09, 23:07
I'm considering going on a short trip toPoipet directly as I arrive in Bangkok airport (I'll return to Bangkok afterward).

Is there any direct service to Poipet from the Airport?

How long does the trip takes?

I'm looking to have a taste of wild Cambodia, gambling and partying.

Unless things had changed, last time I was in BKK I don't remember a direct service to Poipet from the airport itself. The only service for Poipet, you need to get into Bkk city and go to main bus terminal for this service.
Or go to the backpacker area (Khao San area) as they have deals for this service but I advised against it as there are alot of scams there. It's ok if you know the prices and what you are doing but could be taken for a ride (literally) if you don't.

Shark

Dinghy
08-22-09, 18:10
Gotta laugh :)

"wild Cambodia"...IN POIPET? Not likely (dirty little shit-hole with NOTHING but a few CASINOS). DO NOT WALK AROUND AT NIGHT!!!

Now as to the airport - depending on what time you arrive, you can get there from BKK but it's not "easy" (involves going somewhere else - I don't know the routes that well, so I won't try giving directions) and probably requires both speaking and reading Thai (not at the airport, but "later").

The buses mentioned leave KhaoSan about 6AM or so. It's pretty unusual to go "only" to Poipet because unless you are THAI (for the gambling), it's ONLY a stopover on the way to Siem Reap or PP.

You will have to get the Cambo visa (easier if you get it in ADVANCE over the internet and take it with you with an extra picture - yes, it's $25 but it's pretty rare to get the $20 official rate anyway.

Channy
08-23-09, 13:43
Gotta laugh :)

"wild Cambodia"...IN POIPET? Not likely (dirty little shit-hole with NOTHING but a few CASINOS). DO NOT WALK AROUND AT NIGHT!!!

Now as to the airport - depending on what time you arrive, you can get there from BKK but it's not "easy" (involves going somewhere else - I don't know the routes that well, so I won't try giving directions) and probably requires both speaking and reading Thai (not at the airport, but "later").

The buses mentioned leave KhaoSan about 6AM or so. It's pretty unusual to go "only" to Poipet because unless you are THAI (for the gambling), it's ONLY a stopover on the way to Siem Reap or PP.

You will have to get the Cambo visa (easier if you get it in ADVANCE over the internet and take it with you with an extra picture - yes, it's $25 but it's pretty rare to get the $20 official rate anyway.There is a DIRECT yellow bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to "Rong Kleua Market" at Aranya Prathet. I don't know the bus price and how many per day.

Otherwise go to Mochit North Bus Station. Busses leave almost each hours from 6 am to 6pm, around 190 baths first class bus. The trip take around 4 hours.

Last solution the train, 2 per days one in the morning around 6am and another one at 1.30 pm. Price unbeattable 48 baths but only 3rd class, ftrip take around 5h30, you have direct bus from airport to hualampong train station)

Do your visa AFTER you cross the Thai immigration at Aranya Prathet, not before (they are scammers). The price is 1000 baths with one photo (no picture=100 or 200 bath more) US dollars hardly accepted. You can do it by internet too but there is a lot of problems reported. Maybe things has change but don t risk. Do it at the border it s fast and simple.

Note that all the buses from Poipet to others Cambodian towns leave early and no bus leave Poipet after 9 am. So after you will have to deal with camry driver mafia and their outrageous prices.; expect 20 dollars for Phnom Penh, 12/15 dollars to Siem Reap. Bus are 2 times cheaper

For Poipet nightlife believe me. There is far more than casino. But hotel quality is low, food expansive and not tasty. But Poipet is a real far west town.; and security is a main problem.

Dinghy
08-25-09, 04:39
well channy - rarely do I tell someone they are a bit off base...but...IF one gets the visa in advance OVER THE INTERNET (for $25) the cost and service is FREE (except for the extra $5 for the visa itself. Guess what - one doesn't even need to wait other than to have the visa entered into one's passport, picture taken and then passed on out to LEAVE.

NO SCAM POSSIBLE - THEY NEVER SEE ANY MONEY because it was previously paid

Shadow6491
08-27-09, 01:43
There is still the scam of the Yellow health paper. There is also now another form for H1N1 they somtimes try to get people to pay for these forms.

You have to fill in the H1N1 form but dont pay any money.

Sharka
09-08-09, 23:39
So bus station moved a little north? So how far on Omui St (further east or west on Omui) is the bus station now, or better yet for reference, how far is the new station from the old one?A buddy of mine just got back from Snook and said the bus station had indeed moved, it is now situated behind the market, about 5-10min walk west of the old bus station.

Sharka
09-08-09, 23:45
Was at the Blue Mt last year and price was always $10 to start but if you stayed firm the price usually settles back down to $5. BUT you must bargain for this price as it is not automatic!Ok, heres the deal, my buddy who just left Snooky said Blue mt will try to hit you for $15-20 as a starting price these days, he then laughed and left, but was pulled back and mama said "$10 price special for you". As he was a veteran of the Blue mts, he again laughed and tried to leave as this was annoying him. Mama then said how much you pay. He said I always pay $5 when I'm here, she said price too little, price now go up, he said Ok, I'll give you $6, and the deal was set.

Sharka
09-08-09, 23:49
There hasn't been much about Sihanoukville recently, so I thought I would give a brief heads up on things around there.

Lots of motorbike thefts recently. Also, you need to wear a helmet and have mirrors or you will need to pay fines (3000-5000 riel) or your bike might be taken to the police station (expensive). Nobody has been asking for driver's licenses any more.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.Latest on Motobike rental in Snooky, seems like the crackdown on motobikes without a license is "on again". Cops were only targeting foreigners on bikes, checking for license and ID etc..

Broko
09-09-09, 09:34
latest on motobike rental in snooky, seems like the crackdown on motobikes without a license is "on again". cops were only targeting foreigners on bikes, checking for license and id etc..not only foreigners are being targeted although foreigners are offcourse a priority. fine is higher for foreigners so is the tea money.

you need to wear a helmet, have mirrors, a moto id, a drivers license and a license plate. you can rent a moto without having a drivers license but the guy who rented you a moto should have a drivers license.

fine is 5.000 riel for foreigners and 3.000 riels for locals. but now if you dont have all the stuff the police will confirep001e the moto and you can get it back at the police station by showing all the mandatory items. dont know how you have to pay.

Sharka
09-09-09, 23:43
a moto id, a drivers license

. you can rent a moto without having a drivers license but the guy who rented you a moto should have a drivers license.

fine is 5.000 riel for foreigners and 3.000 riels for locals. but now if you dont have all the stuff the police will confirep001e the moto and you can get it back at the police station by showing all the mandatory items. dont know how you have to pay.

just to clarify.
aren't the moto id and driver license the same thing?

also if you have to pay them the 5,000r bribe anyway if things are not in order then why would they still need to confirep001e the moto?

Broko
09-11-09, 03:55
just to clarify.

aren't the moto id and driver license the same thing?

also if you have to pay them the 5,000r bribe anyway if things are not in order then why would they still need to confirep001e the moto?the moto id and the drivers license are not the same thing.

they confirep001e the moto and you can only get it back when you show them the missing pasrts (helmet, mirrors, etc...). in that way they try to ensure that all motos (drivers) will act according to the traffic law.

Phil Istine
09-13-09, 11:01
need road tax as well-$3 for moto.

confirep001ion if no have,look for sticker on front.

Worltravel
09-21-09, 08:06
the moto id and the drivers license are not the same thing.

they confirep001e the moto and you can only get it back when you show them the missing pasrts (helmet, mirrors, etc...). in that way they try to ensure that all motos (drivers) will act according to the traffic law.was stopped by the police yeasterday afternoon in sihanoukville , had the helmet but the lights was on!

the police wanted see my driverslicens had no so he say you have to pay a fine.

3 dollar in the pocket and it was no problem for me to drive home.

if you go to snooky bring your own girl , not much to choose from here

Phantomtiger2
09-23-09, 00:08
Was stopped by the police yeasterday afternoon in Sihanoukville , had the helmet but the lights was on!

The police wanted see my driverslicens had no so he say you have to pay a fine.

3 dollar in the pocket and it was no problem for me to drive home.

If you go to Snooky bring your own girl , not much to choose from hereWere you stopped on the main road downtown next to the gas station or the Golden Lion circle?

Iching
09-23-09, 10:48
Were you stopped on the main road downtown next to the gas station or the Golden Lion circle?I've been stopped when on a taxibike, my cheeky taxi driver ask me for the fine, that was OK he`s my regular taxi.

Tropicanabar
10-04-09, 13:25
I felt this post deserved a response, not only because it is absurd and inaccurate, but also because it gives my bar and "The Hill "a very negative impression.

I consider myself fortunate to have one of the better bars on the hill, and, more often than not we are open long after most of the others have closed.

It is possibly for this reason that the owners of one of the neighbouring bars have resorted to unprovoked acts of violence and abuse toward my staff and property.

It was only due to the continued hostile environment these neighbours created that I decided to put in a CCTV system, not only as a deterrent, but also to ensure the safety of my staff and customers.

In summary, I can honestly say, I have never been "Randomly Violent " toward anyone, nor am I under any sort of police investigation, the police have been very supportive and helpful, and have warned the offending bar owners to behave or else.

Visitors to Sihanoukville are more than welcome to drop in, we have the coldest beer, the best music, and the friendliest staff.

Cheers

Dean

Tropicana Bar
Victory Hill
Sihanoukville

http://www.tropicana-sihanoukville.com/

Tropicanabar
10-04-09, 13:46
Victory Hill has changed a lot. Bonobo is gone. Tropicana Bar has a new aussie owner who is randomly violent towards customers and locals. The place is full of CCTV CAMERAS and it is under police investigation. He is digging his own grave. DO NOT GO THERE UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TROUBLE! Other places on the street are ok, but not my cup of tea. There are a couple of new places on the street: Honey Bee Bar and Safari Bar, also Mosquito and Crazy Rabbit as before. In some places you can not bar-fine straight-forward but you have to buy a certain amount of lady drinks.I felt this post deserved a response, not only because it is absurd and inaccurate, But also because it gives my bar and "The Hill "a very negative impression.

I consider myself fortunate to have one of the better bars on the hill, and, more often than not am open long after most of the others have closed.

It is possibly for this reason that the owners of one of the neighbouring bars have resorted to unprovoked acts of violence and abuse toward my staff and property.

It was only due to the continued hostile environment these neighbours created that I decided to put in a CCTV system, not only as a deterrent, but also to ensure the safety of my staff and customers.

In summary, I can honestly say, I have never been "Randomly Violent " toward anyone, nor am I under any sort of police investigation, the police have been very supportive and helpful, and have warned the offending bar owners to behave or else.

Visitors to Sihanoukville are more than welcome to drop in, we have the coldest beer, the best music, and the friendliest staff.

Cheers

Dean

Tropicana Bar
Victory Hill
Sihanoukville

http://www.tropicana-sihanoukville.com/

Bule2004
10-14-09, 07:35
I felt this post deserved a response, not only because it is absurd and inaccurate, But also because it gives my bar and "The Hill "a very negative impression.

I consider myself fortunate to have one of the better bars on the hill, and, more often than not am open long after most of the others have closed.

Cheers

Dean

Tropicana Bar
Victory Hill
Sihanoukville

http://www.tropicana-sihanoukville.com/Dean, Thanks for correcting the record! I will be in Cambodia early next month and drop in to say hi.

Bule 2004

Rooter
10-15-09, 13:03
I can thoroughly recommend the " Hill " and the Tropicana Bar to anyone travelling to Sihanoukville, always been my favourite bar, always great fun and great ladies. Their are lovely ladies at most of the bars on the Hill and all good fun.

Phil Istine
10-17-09, 14:57
Snooky is a shithole.

Just been for two days.

Tropicana is good but the hill is shit.

Nearly always see bar owners arguing and sometimes fist fighting up there.

Overall avoid snooky like the plague.

Ochateul beach has lost heaps of sand due to cyclone ketsana,three metre waves for several days.

Pity they wernt 30 metres waves and washed the whole place away.

Iching
10-18-09, 12:03
Snooky is a shithole.

Just been for two days.

Tropicana is good but the hill is shit.

Nearly always see bar owners arguing and sometimes fist fighting up there.

Overall avoid snooky like the plague.

Ochateul beach has lost heaps of sand due to cyclone ketsana,three metre waves for several days.

Pity they wernt 30 metres waves and washed the whole place away.Bar owners fist fighting, is the credit crunch that bad that bar owners have to actually fight for customers, LOL.

Heini
11-07-09, 01:53
Bar owners fist fighting, is the credit crunch that bad that bar owners have to actually fight for customers, LOL.well, about the Tropicana affair, I'd say I know Dean, the Aussie Owner, quite well and it is a real nice guy, affable and kind, not the violent and arrogant lad someone is trying to depict him as.

He installed CCTV cameras under suggestion by local cops, after he and his wife suffered an aggression in full daytime in their place.

Victory Hill is suffering a bad problem simply due to the fact the girls there think they are the only ones to have a pussy and overcharge the honest Barangs with a 25 bucks-10 minutes-comeondarlingpleasecome-shag.

The rumour is spreading even beyond borders, thanks to the web, and sex-tourists heading to Sihanoukville from Thailand know already where and where not to go.

Blue Mountain's road is under renovation, making it easier for the tourists to reach the Viet brothel uphill, which has a steady flux of new arrivals and where the quality of service is improving.

Phum Thmei, aka The Chicken Farm, is also a valid and cheaper alternative, and some Khmer beauties on duty are stunningly beautiful. Check it out!

The Viet brothel at the end of the road, before the turn, is also having a flux of new girls.

Occheteuil: after the ruinous tide and coincident storm, the old Dolphin Shack is now the Dolphin Lagoon, with ankle-deep mud and dead rats. Their beach is no more a beach, and anti-tank KR concrete and steel defences are emerging from the beachfront, where once the sand was.

They are working at it, and the place will be open soon. At least 20 beach bars north of Occheteuil beach have lost their beachfront. Notable amongst them the Martini Beach, owned by Ezio, a really good and funny fellow, whose place was full every night during the rainy season, some girls were spotted and good Italian food was served (website: http://martinibeachsihanoukville. Com). Now he and a dozen of other Khmer and foreign bar owners are working to restore the beach before the start of the high season.

Late night action has moved south, to Chiva Shack, which has been jazzed-up a bit and there are many off-duty bar-girls dancing their night out, but the jolly atmosphere is ALWAYS marred by the odd fighting happening in the place, started mainly by a couple of the usual intoxicated Brits who had once also the security guys coming in their aid when they got up with the wrong guys. They should be buddies.

Definitely a place to avoid if you want just to have fun on the beach!

Freedom Bar: beer is up to 0.3 bucks per draft, but the food is ok and the place nao offers life-music twice a week. Ya-ma smoking *****s abound in the place, take well care of your valuables, as there have been more than a few cases of stealth with and phones and banknotes gone. Security guys are busy outside watching dozens of customers' bikes, and, even if they are kind and prompt, thay cannot simply scan whoever comes in the place and whoever goes.

Overall, after the demise of Kangaroo bar and the crisis in Victory Hill, Freedom is still a livable place, I'm afraid to say is the Foreign-owned only place in town to have a couple of beers in good company. Airport Disco: this Russian-owned monster disco, buil around an airplane, got its Rock Concert at the end of October.

Many people around, mainly locals, the groups were pretty good, the atmosphere quite high, then all the patrons were moved to the beach for a laser show (which left me half-blind for the rest of the night) and a funny hip-hop contest.

The place is almost empty all nights except on Saturdays, when they run a transvestite show, Pattaya-styled.

One of the reasons is the excessive heat both inside the disco and on the beach (Victory Beach has never any wind at all) and the lack of air coolers and fans which could help patrons to dance at least for 20 minutes without being literally soaked with sweat. Drinks' price is ok, the Khmer staff is ok, but I suggest to stay away from some drunken and aggressive Russian nuts (they say they are part of the staff but in fact they aren't) which usually roam around the place.

I 'm afraid that's it, Folks!

Casper Kh
11-10-09, 13:15
Pretty accurate review of the Snooky scene at the moment.

Way too many girls are pricing themselves out of the market or should be.

Problem is, there are always some guys that arrive in town and pay the girls $50 for 10 mins of semi pleasure.

Phil Istine
11-10-09, 16:07
Crikey-talk about reports of distinction.

Go heini!

Heini
11-11-09, 13:04
Pretty accurate review of the Snooky scene at the moment.

Way too many girls are pricing themselves out of the market or should be.

Problem is, there are always some guys that arrive in town and pay the girls $50 for 10 mins of semi pleasure.You can get the Victory Hill girls, for just 10 bucks and no barfine, at the Chiva Shack or the Utopia, provided you wake up at 2 am and get to Occheteuil.

They go there when off-duty or when the bar closes.

Watch out for competitors, brawls are frequent.

Heini
11-14-09, 12:27
You can get the Victory Hill girls, for just 10 bucks and no barfine, at the Chiva Shack or the Utopia, provided you wake up at 2 am and get to Occheteuil.

They go there when off-duty or when the bar closes.

Watch out for competitors, brawls are frequent.Last night a foreigner was seriously injured at Chiva Shack after a drunk Khmer had an argument with a fellow countryman, a gun appeared and bullet were sprayed around the place. All the people got to the ground immediately, but a barang was hit in a shoulder by a straying bullet.

Definitely a bad story, that place has good potential to be the funniest place in town, but EVERY NIGHT, and I repeat EVERY NIGHT, the fun is ruined by some imbeciles, locals or foreign alike.

What about professional security guards and police watching the place?

Heini
11-18-09, 13:50
Last night a foreigner was seriously injured at Chiva Shack after a drunk Khmer had an argument with a fellow countryman, a gun appeared and bullet were sprayed around the place. All the people got to the ground immediately, but a barang was hit in a shoulder by a straying bullet.

Definitely a bad story, that place has good potential to be the funniest place in town, but EVERY NIGHT, and I repeat EVERY NIGHT, the fun is ruined by some imbeciles, locals or foreign alike.

What about professional security guards and police watching the place? The Newspapers today reported it was probably an attack by some jealous bar-owners in the beach, since the place attracts lotta patrons. Two motorbikes went straight to the bar area, hence a gunman riding as a pillion got out of the bike and shot a policeman on duty on his hip then sprayed 7 bullets around the place, wounding an Irishman on a shoulder. The place is open again, I think there will no such annoyances anymore as the local cops have now secured the place.

Have fun, Guyz!

Phil Istine
11-18-09, 15:53
Body guard from rival establishment shot up the chiva shack.

Business so poor because the northern end of the beach is rooted.

Yesterday two tourists roobed in broad daylight after being beaten with sticks on a snooky beach-occateul or otres I don't know.

Heini
11-23-09, 13:09
Body guard from rival establishment shot up the chiva shack.

Business so poor because the northern end of the beach is rooted.

Yesterday two tourists roobed in broad daylight after being beaten with sticks on a snooky beach-occateul or otres I don't know.Yeah, there are many versions about what happened, the cops are investigating but no results yet.

You know, I used to like to spend a night out dancing and drinking, but, after the closure of Blue Storm and Angkor Beer garden's remake into a classy karaoke plus brothel affair, and the frequent brawls in Dolphin bar, Chiva Shack and Utopia became the right places to go. Frankly, after what has happened over there, I won't go there anymore.

The Airport Disco, thus far from Occheteuil beach and downtown, could be really the place to go, provided they hire 20 free-lancers (or more) to entertain us collegues, drinks' pricing is OK and the location (now blessed with strong northern winds) is pretty good for clubbing, and pretty safe, as they have hired lotta cops to watch out for troubles overthere.

To the owners, have you got the message? Girls are needed!

Cheers!

Phil Istine
12-07-09, 01:07
Circuit in snooky now freedom then utopia then naphouse-freelancers well worn trail.

Kuranyi
12-19-09, 10:27
I am about to go to Cambodia for the 3rd time in January. This time i want to check out the out of the tourist way cities as well maybe.Are there any Viet chicken farms there as well?Any recommendations where I can find nice Viet brothels? Or are the best ones in PP and Sihanoukville anyway?

Simian
12-21-09, 04:36
Circuit in snooky now freedom then utopia then naphouse-freelancers well worn trail.
Phil, can you tell us where Naphouse is? I have been to Snooky a few times and never heard of it.

Sharka
12-22-09, 01:11
I am about to go to cambodia for the 3rd time in january.This time i want to check out the out of the tourist way cities as well maybe.Are there any viet chicken farms there as well?Any recommendations where i can find nice viet brothels?Or are the best ones in PP and Sihanoukville anyway?

I would say that Snooky and PP will have the most in terms of Viet Brothels as they are the most visited. Out of the way chicken farms will include Ko Kong on the Thai border that use to have a nice brothels but have gone downhill on my last visit last year but still in operation.

Shark

Broko
12-22-09, 09:48
Phil, can you tell us where Naphouse is? I have been to Snooky a few times and never heard of it.

The Nap house is on serendipity beach at the end of the dirt road from utopia on the right hand side.

Bu the way Chivas shack is up and running and crowdy.

Phil Istine
12-25-09, 16:52
Phil, can you tell us where Naphouse is? I have been to Snooky a few times and never heard of it.Naphouse is down the rough road to serendipity beach,very near the utopia.

Bottom of the rough road,first place on the right.

Simian
12-25-09, 21:51
Naphouse is down the rough road to serendipity beach,very near the utopia.

Bottom of the rough road,first place on the right.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking this place out when I get to Snooky in a few weeks.

Shadow6491
12-26-09, 02:59
Probably should add Martini to that list of Freelancer places in Snooky now. Just opened the day before Christmas.

Phantomtiger2
12-29-09, 01:36
Probably should add Martini to that list of Freelancer places in Snooky now. Just opened the day before Christmas.

Seems I 've been away from Snooky for too long as I didn't remember a Martini here. Wonder if its the same owner as the original?

BTW: where is Martini located? Thanks

PT

Shadow6491
12-29-09, 13:21
There is no connection to the Martini in PP other than ripping off the name. The owner is the same guy that owns the Dollhouse in PP. The Bar is located in the same position as the old swiss Garden or near where Pocoloco used to be.

Heini
01-03-10, 02:42
There is no connection to the Martini in PP other than ripping off the name. The owner is the same guy that owns the Dollhouse in PP. The Bar is located in the same position as the old swiss Garden or near where Pocoloco used to B.Yeah, Max from Dollhouse is back in town, food at the Martini is good (and expensive) but the only nice girl there is his girlfriend, quite a pussy!

There are other 3 viet hags around the pool table, and no action, the place is beautiful but it is really a bore!

Germans around town are betting on how many more months the place will be open! Max is known as "blitzkrieg Max" for his history of open-this-close that businesses.

HEAR YE HEAR YE!

There is another Martini in Snooky, also!

Right on the beach, on Occheteuil, it serves good italian food and the owner Ezio (from Italy) is a funny guy, beer is 0. 5 dollars and shots and cocktails are going for 1. 5 dollars each. You cannot miss it, it is in the northern part of Occheteuil beach, you can get there going down by the dirt track to the beach, then at the end turn left, it is after an huge and interesting swedish-owned (and nice-khmer-girls-staffed) beach shack.

HAVE FUN IN SIHANOUKVILLE!

Phil Istine
01-07-10, 15:31
Aha a martinis in snooky.

Went to the real one in PP the other night-great!

The pocoloco looks as though one of those missiles from a drone has hit it.

I love the look seeing as I met a disastrous terrorist GF there nearly three years ago.

I went with the missus to the new khmer disco near the beach a few weeks ago.

You go up the hill going to town and down the other side and go straight instead of turning left to town.

It is a nice venue and even the music not too bad-good place to take the khmer GF.

I hear that snooky has been jumping the last couple of weeks-bugger.

I have been working-work is the curse of the drinking classes as you know.

FarmWorker
01-07-10, 23:06
Is there a bus service from Koh Kong up to Pattaya?

Any idea how long it takes or what time of day it runs.

Any border hassles going out of Cambodia into Thailand?

Simian
01-08-10, 13:39

Any border hassles going out of Cambodia into Thailand?

Take a tuk-tuk or van to the border. Vehicles generally do not cross the border and you will have to walk the last 100 meters or so. Check out of Cambodia at the office on right hand side of the road just before border gate.

After you cross the border, you check into Thailand on left side of the road. A THai marine may also check your passport just before the immigration building.

On the right side of the road there will be minivans that go to Trat bus station. They are confusingly parked facing the border gate. At Trat bus station, you will have a choice of Government bus and private bus. Private bus is more luxurious but took forever and dropped us on a busy road in Pattaya where there were taxi touts trying to charge me 300baht for a 60 baht journey.

I cannot remember how much each of the vans or busses were but they were not expensive by western standards.

The process took a lot of time, IMHO. Left Ko Khong at about 10.30am by van to the border. Van taking me to Trat stopped somewhere in between for 30 minutes. Took private bus from Trat bus station at 2pm and arrived in Pattaya after 7pm.

Dinghy
01-17-10, 00:06
busses from Trat to Pattaya stop at 3 places on SUKHUMVET - Pattaya (Dtai) SOUTH ROAD (by the BIG-C), Pattaya Klang (central) no actual landmark, you just have to know where you are and Pattaya Nua (north road - where the main Pattaya bus station to BKK is located - again without a specific landmark) just tell the bus driver or the bus fare collector WHERE you want to get down off the bus. Don't forget your bag...

In any event - the connection road down to Beach road is a 10B bhat bus ride and is, of course, MUCH more practical ta khun pood pasa Thai nit noi (if you speak a little Thai) and most importantly KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!! 300B is the cost of a bus ride from Pattaya to BKK AND BACK (more or less).

The "government bus" doesn't go into Pattaya EITHER, by the way. they stop at the same places. The "best" ride is on an express bus (who generally don't GO to Pattaya from Trat - or at least when I go I haven't found one)

Wendella
01-19-10, 15:51
To anyone who's on location in Sihanoukville right now:

At the moment, can foreigners rent and ride motorbikes in Sihanoukville? I know they go through phases there, sometimes allowing it, other times not.

Shadow6491
01-20-10, 02:56
To anyone who's on location in Sihanoukville right now:

At the moment, can foreigners rent and ride motorbikes in Sihanoukville? I know they go through phases there, sometimes allowing it, other times not.

The answer is a qualifed yes. That is yes you can but make sure the bike has mirrors and you are wearing a helmet. This will avoid most of your problems and a possible stop by the police. You may still have a problem if you are stopped for not having a licence. Will cost you somewhere between $1 and $50.

Phimai
01-23-10, 09:32

Any border hassles going out of Cambodia into Thailand?Yes, you can take the bus service. Virak Bunthan Express goes from Koh Kong to Pattaya and Bangkok for about 20 USD. The Ticket Counter is on the Main Streat. You can do the trip cheaper by yourself. Take a Moto to the Border 60 THB, Minivan to the Trat Bus station 120 THB (1,5 hour) . Departure Time at the Border: 7:10, 7:55, 08:40, 09:25, 10:10, 10:55, 11:40, 12:25, 13:10, 13:55, 14:40, 15:25, 16:10, 16:55, 17:10. The Bus from Trat to Bangkok via Rayon and Pattaya departure 13:00 (before 12:00) and takes 4,5 hours. They dont stop at the bus station in Pattaya but the call the name of the streets in thai. Pattaya Klang is Central Road. My Garmin navigarionssystems show me always where i am.

Take a Seat in front of the Bus. The Bus is always full, including the standing places, and with luggage you maybe have a problem leaving the Bus in the short hold time.

Phimai

Bar Rat
01-31-10, 03:44
Is is possible to rent a unit or appartment in snooky weekly? Would like the number of a motor bike guide who is trustworthy and can find girls. Hate the walk of shame so must have own entry.

Parko

Kuranyi
02-05-10, 12:19
Best choice of girls at the moment is the brothel street near the port. 5$ ST.

Blue Mt. is quite empty except the big house where they want 15$.

Wendella
02-07-10, 18:29
To the guy posting weird abusive PM's to me... probably better if you chill out on that and not do it again. Not exactly a convincing argument in favor of your position. ;)

Thought you would have been over it by now.

Let it go. I disagree. That's all there is to it.

Dars Veider
04-03-10, 14:47
Bus from PP:

Cost: 5-7 $ (depends on the company); pick-up at the PP hotel

Takes between 4.6 hours (to Snooky it took 6 h, the way back only 4 h)

Hotel in Snooky:

Stayed in Freedom Hotel – friendly staff, totally GF, bar downstairs has freelancers

Room with AC, fridge, TV and 2 big beds: 15$ a night; also rooms only with fan available for 7$

Room was not so clean and the bathroom smelled terrible

Free internet for guests downstairs

Freedom Bar:

No happy hour, draft beer 1$, food excellent and cheap

After 7pm 10-15 freelancers available, but total quality was poor

Getting around in Snooky:

Everything is widespread. From Freedom Hotel to Ochheuteal Beach around 2, 2 miles, to Victory Hill around 1, 5 miles, to Victory Beach (Airport Club) around 2 miles. So you can easily spend 10$ (or even more) a day for motos and tuk-tuks.

But you can rent bikes or motos.

I rented a moto at DD Canada for 15$ for 3 days! You just have to deposit your passport.

One day I was stopped by the police 2 times – those little bastards:

First time they checked the drivers license. But only of tourists. Since I didn't bring mine the police man explained to me the "new" police guidelines. I told him I had it in my room. He was nice and said he would believe me and let me go without any further hassle or fine. I immediately went back to the hotel and grabbed it.

The second time one police man stood on Ekareach St.. Right behind a traffic light. Since nobody was noticing the red lights I also just drove on. Just a few meters later he stepped out of a shady tree and stopped me. He stopped just tourists again. He didn't care for the Cambodian violaters. He hardly spoke any English and it was quite clear what he was up to, but I showed him my license, and pretended I wouldn't understand him. I just heard once that he mentioned 5 $, but I stood my grounds, and looked him in the eyes and after a minute when he felt that he would not get any money out of me, I started the engine, said bye and left, without any problem. So better observe the lights!

Chicken farm:

Easy to find if you just follow the directions given on this board earlier

First time went there at nightfall

When reaching the first shacks on the dirt road I saw some girls dancing on the wall

But it wasn't lit at all and I felt not good, so I decided to turn around

Second try late afternoon next day, went to the end of the dirt road. A few girls visible and available

Prices: 5$ on site, take-out for 1 h 10$, 2 h 20 $ (without further bargaining), but nothing to my liking so I went back with empty hands.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Gladiator
04-11-10, 11:22
Prices: 5$ on site, take-out for 1 h 10$, 2 h 20 $ (without further bargaining), but nothing to my liking so I went back with empty hands.

Are those prices all inclusive or are you supposed to give the girls something else after the deed.

Policarpa
04-12-10, 13:00
Report from Sihanoukville - April 2010

Gentlemen,

Sun, sand and sex. I can report on two places: Freedom Hotel and the Victory Hill strip.

Freedom Hotel is downtown. Cheap but dirty place, I understand. I did not stay there. Bar downstairs is full of FL of medium to passable quality. I took one back to my room for ST and gave her $20. Didn't repeat. Advantages: no ladydrink prices and no barfines.

Victory Hill strip is a series of hostess bars. The girls are young and friendly but not aggressive as they can B. Ladydrinks are $3 and the barfine was $10. Prices are between you and your date. Never discuss them beforehand! $20-30 ST depending on the girl and your ability to be a cold-hearted bastard. The girls are young, early 20s, and lovely. The girl I have chosen two nights running is very energetic in bed. All positions, and she'll do most of the pumping if you let her. She was not into oral (and had no skills), but I convinced her to try anal. Strange thing, at first she was like 'me no try' shyly squirming, but then she took it like a champ, moving into a better position for her, no complaints. I'm starting to think the initial hesitation was part of the act. It's so hard to know. Nor would I say it was a GFE, just really good service. I'm going back for more tonight. I'll post a pic of her later.

I echo the previous poster and suggest renting a motorbike for your stay here. For hotels, I stayed at the Aqua Resort which is behind the Golden Sand hotel. Aqua is great with clean rooms and a nice pool and friendly staff and, of course, GF. If you want to stay near Victory Hill, I checked out a mid-range hotel called Golden Rooster which has all the facilities (air con/tv/pool/bar/disco) and which also has sea view rooms with great sunsets.

AtGladiator: With regard to Chicken Farm prices:

"Originally Posted by Dars Veider

Prices: 5$ on site, take-out for 1 h 10$, 2 h 20 $ (without further

Bargaining), but nothing to my liking so I went back with empty hands. "

I didn't go for that scene, but based on my experience with hostess bar prices those prices should be all inclusive.

Poli

April 2010

Shadow6491
04-12-10, 22:13
Policarpa If you talk to the girls re prices beforehand you could get a cheaper rate. For the hostess girls on the hill I usually get them for $20 LT I have had them for $10 ST but $15 is prob the norm. Dont pay $10 barfine at most its $5. They are scaming you.

As for the Chicken ranch $5 is the all inclusive ST rate on premises. For some of the newer fresher looking girls $6

Policarpa
04-13-10, 03:04
Policarpa If you talk to the girls re prices beforehand you could get a cheaper rate. For the hostess girls on the hill I usually get them for $20 LT I have had them for $10 ST but $15 is prob the norm. Dont pay $10 barfine at most its $5. They are scaming you.

As for the Chicken ranch $5 is the all inclusive ST rate on premises. For some of the newer fresher looking girls $6Thx for the advice. I am admittedly a newb and will do better in future.

Phantomtiger2
04-13-10, 23:31
Are those prices all inclusive or are you supposed to give the girls something else after the deed.
Yes, prices are all inclusive (on site), take her off site and you need to negotiate price.

Tipping after you are done is up to you, but generally if she is good, give her $1-2 and she'll be happy. If she's not that good, then absolutely NO TIPS.

PT

Sharka
04-16-10, 23:06
but you can rent bikes or motos.

i rented a moto at dd canada for 15$ for 3 days! you just have to deposit your passport.

one day i was stopped by the police 2 times – those little bastards:

first time they checked the drivers license. but only of tourists. since i didn't bring mine the police man explained to me the "new" police guidelines.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

hey dars,

can you clarify which drivers license is needed. i was there 2 years ago and the hotel i stayed won't even let me rent a motobike because they said (at that time) only a valid cambodian drivers license was valid if stopped by the cops. they didn't rent to any tourist without one because the cops confirep001ed a bike from them without a valid local license and had a hard time (and fines) to get the bike back so hotels were very reluctant to rent without one. so did they change the rules again and allow renting moto's with a regular drivers license from home?

shark

Phil Istine
04-19-10, 12:50
To please the coppers one needs a cambodian licence.

I go to a driving school with a copy of passport,visa and foreign licence.

$38 in pp,takes weeks to get the plastic card but the receipt will always suffice.
no cambo licence,no insurance.

Shuga
05-02-10, 15:05
I had done my RTFF before going to Koh Kong, but then I forgot all the printouts at home, stupid me. I recalled there was supposed to be a 'red zone', but didn't remember where.

Anyway, the last night some local friends invited me for karaoke at Rasmey Makara hotel. All the girls were rather rural and didn't allow anything, barely a kiss on the cheak. Only one girl looked quite attractive, but she was managing the karaoke machine. However, she started to show interest for me, and by midnight my friend asked who I prefered: "my" girl or the machinist, and when I opted for the machinist she was so happy that she kissed me.

I couldn't bring her to my hotel so I took a room at Rasmey Makara. The girl was a bit shy in the beginning, but opened up slowly. Beautiful face and beautiful body, small but functional tits. A bit passive, but I had a good round and then another one in the morning. Gave her $20, but she seemed to have expected more.

Not much of a report, but all in all a pleasantly surprising end to what had threatened to be a dry stay in Koh Kong.

Koh Kong map (http://www.vngold.com/graphick/townmap.gif)

Picture of Karaoke machinst in Photo Gallery.

Phil Istine
06-25-10, 06:09
Anyone ever had any fun times in Kompong thom?

Dinghy
06-25-10, 17:24
I remember some old reports that essentially boil down to "unless you speak Khmer or bring your own, it's almost hopeless"

Martin00
08-10-10, 17:30
Everybody is talking about prices in $$$, is just the conversion or you need real dollars in your hands?

I thought to get my Riels out of the ATM machine in Camb!