PDA

View Full Version : Dubai - Hotel Information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Admin
09-02-03, 13:04
Please select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

Bono
09-02-03, 13:19
Let me be the first person to post here.Folks, I am extremely concerned about where I should stay during my trip.I want to stay at or near a place where there are bars and discos.I have chosen Hyatt Regency,Novotel and the York Hotel.I understand the York Hotel is a three star hotel,but I am willing to stay there.So,where do you folks say I stay in. I will be happy to post a report here when I get back from Dubai.

Member #1071
09-02-03, 14:08
Try SEAVIEW HOTEL Near Rashid PORT, they have couple of discos there.

Wlman
09-02-03, 18:23
Hi,

I am thinking of staying at the Metropolitan Palace Hotel or the Oasis beach hotel, does anyone have any information about bring girls back to these hotels?

Thanks

WLMan

Bono
09-03-03, 00:18
Originally posted by Member #1071
Try SEAVIEW HOTEL Near Rashid PORT, they have couple of discos there.
Thanks for the info.I will be sure to do a research on the hotel you mentioned. I will post a report as soon as I get to Dubai. Secondly any one else please provide your feedback to my original question if you may.I truly believe that this would be helpful for all forum members interested in Dubai Hotels as this is quite a conservative country.

ExpatCat
09-03-03, 06:10
From my personal experience the following hotels are 'friendly'. The Ramada Continental by the airport, the Marriott, the Sheraton by the creek (can't remember the name), the Sheraton Four Points and the Hilton by the Creek (it's the new one).
From previous postings, the York and the Hyatt are NOT particularly friendly, nor is the Regal Palace. From personal experience the Sea Shell is VERY unfriendly. However, that still leaves a lot of others.

Good luck.

Worf1972
09-13-03, 20:20
ANy updates hotels in Dubai that allow female guests to the room

Worf1972
09-13-03, 20:22
Females up to the room without checking their passports? And close to or access to the beach? Any help?

Robert

Bizzie
09-14-03, 22:53
I tried to post this earlier, but had trouble wiht postings:

I have taken ladies to my room at

1. Le Royal Meridien Resort, (Jumaira Beach)
2. Le Meridien (Airport)
3. Al-Bustan Rotana (Near airport)

BIG Problem for me: All of the hotels wanted a copy of her passport/visa, which the ladies carry with them.
But it can be such a downer having to go to the reception desk and have the clerks look at you funny (maybe my imagination?)

But it is for your own safety. Having said that, I still HATE it!

Worf1972
09-15-03, 17:46
I have an American friend and at the older Hyatt with the revovling restrauant. She's gone up to rooms without showing her passport? Is this possilbe at any hotels? After the conferance is over?

Robert

Eric T
09-16-03, 13:39
The Crowne Plaza, located on Shaikh Zayed Road, is a guest friendly hotel.

The reception area is buzzing till 1 or 2 am and most of the times no one stops anybody. Around late night 3am I was stopped and the girls just handed their passport copies to the concierge. I didnt even step up to the reveption desk. The fellow took the copies from us, asked my room number and we stepped into the elevators. Simple. Hope that helps someone.

Eric

Worf1972
09-16-03, 18:20
Cool thanks, but I was hoping for a hotel a little closer to the beach. With some kind of coed activities like squash or massages of some kind.

Bizzie
09-16-03, 23:40
Eric T,

Is the lobby really that busy in the Crowne Plaza? From what?

Please espand on the quality of accomodations there and the rate if possible.

Thanks.

Eric T
09-17-03, 10:02
Eric T,
Is the lobby really that busy in the Crowne Plaza? From what?

Please espand on the quality of accomodations there and the rate if possible.
Thanks.Badass,

When you enter the main door of the Crowne, there is the way to the mall to your left as well as the entrance to the Zinc discotheque or you have to immediately climb an escalator to the first floor which takes you to a inverted 'T' shaped area.

At the end of the T is the reception, and concierge desks. To the right, left, and around are ways to other areas. The lobby is busy with guests at the counter. Plus the way to the Harvesters Pub, Coffee bar (Cappuchinos), The Banquet Hall, etc is close by as well. So there is a lot of traffic. Up until 1 am I have seen this area bustle with ppl so no one really has time to eye what your doing or where youre going. But early morning 2/3 am its quite as the pub and restaurants have closed and the only people coming and going are the ones taking the elevators to their rooms. Its at that time that I was stopped but they just took the girls' passport copies and we were on the way.

The general service of the hotel I found to be very friendly and cooperative. The room was a standard guest room. Although I have been told that guest rooms in some other 5 star hotels were better but then I wasnt here for the comforts of the room. I chose the Crowne because I was told it was guest friendly and I got a good pricing on it as well.

Hope that helps.

Eric

Bono
09-17-03, 12:30
Folks,

I have been given the choice to choose from these hotels. Seashell Inn whicH I have ruled out as someone told me it is unfriendly. Marco Polo hotel, Metropolitan Deira Hotel, Regent Palace Hotel, Metropolitan Hotel Dubai and Al Bastan Rotana hotel. So if you guys were me, which one would you recommend? I want to stay near or in a hotel where there are lots of girls maybe in the lobby or a disco. Although that is not a strict requirement, I would appreciate all your input in this.

Thanks

Bizzie
09-19-03, 04:49
Bono,
Go for the Al Bostan Rotana. Nice hotel, but no disco.
BYOB (bring your own babe)!

Worf1972
09-24-03, 15:40
It does now, the TGIF that was downstairs is now a disco. I think it's called orbits or orbital.

Bizzie
09-25-03, 03:42
worf,
You are talking about Al-Bustan Rotana, that has the new disco Orbits, correct?
It was't there in March.
More, the merrier!!

Worf1972
09-25-03, 18:16
Well as far as I was told, TGIF is gone and a disco/club is there now. How bad will it be for clubs and the girls during Ramadan?

Bizzie
09-27-03, 18:05
If I don't fly on Emirates, where can I find good rates for 4-5* hotels, including bkfst and transfer?
Any websites, local or international?
Just looking for a good deal!:)

ExpatCat
09-28-03, 05:27
Badass,

You could try any or all of these. Most of them will give you an idea of what accomodation is available. Just choose an area and a grade and have a look. TimeOut also lists the bars and clubs for some background info before you get there. The weekend of 22nd October is going to be VERY busy because of the GITEX exhibition. Most places are getting booked rapidly. You may not get a room. Most hotels will include breakfast and transfers, but ask to be sure. If you don't fly Emirates, try the Gulf Air website for deals. www.gulfairco.com

http://www.asiatravel.com/uae/uae.html
http://www.ssdubai.com/
http://www.dubaicityguide.com/tourism/accd/
http://www.godubai.com/
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/

Good luck and good hunting

Cheers

Bizzie
09-29-03, 01:58
Thanks Expat.

Captain Fire
10-14-03, 06:39
Regarding hotels that are girl friendly. I usually stay at Rydges Plaza. No problem there but it costs 100 dhs to have a girl in your room. I also stay at Khaleej Palace downtown. 4 star and very user friendly. No problem at all. I understand that Hyatt has no problems. You may also try the Airport hotel just a couple of blocks from the airport. They used to be just fine with girls but they have gone through a big facelift so not sure now.
Cap

RedBaron2
10-14-03, 09:36
My small contribution...
I always stay at Le Meridien Hotel (Airport) and never had problems in bringing girls in my room. (last time January 2003).
On the back of the hotel you have the Meridien Village with restaurants and the Jules bar, where you can find many girls after 10 pm.
The trick is that there is a back entrance to the hotel on that side, close to the parking lot, which allows you to avoid going through the reception.

Sporadic
10-30-03, 11:30
Gentlemen,

Some hotel experiences:

-Renaissance (old Royal Abjar) no problems with guests, but you do have the "walk of shame" to the elevators.

-City Centre, no problems so far with guests, lots of security types near the shopping center entrance.

-Holiday Inn no problems, but if security spots a guest, they will ask for a passport copy, no other registration.

-Ramada Intercontinental will ask for a passport copy from guests, not too much "hairy eyeball".

Sheraton Diera, no problems here, as you need the elevator to get to the rooftop aviation themed bar (Lindburgh´s?) you just get off on your floor.

In reality, a guest I was walking with was stopped by security and asked for a passport copy only once, then they (the security guys) apologized to me for the brief interruption. Either I have been very lucky or sufficiently discreet and have never been asked to register a guest in any Dubai hotel.

YMMV

SFXTraveller
11-02-03, 19:32
Anyone...

I will be in Dubai soon and am stuck with the choice of either the Sheraton (by the Creek, recently refurbished) or the JW Marriott, for hotels (Company thing). Are they bothe GF friendly and, if so which is the one which will be the least hassle please. Thanks, will post a FR as soon as I am through.

ExpatCat
11-03-03, 04:57
SFX Traveller,
I've stayed in both over the last couple of years and both are friendly. In both cases you can get rooms that are away from the reception. In the Marriott there is an entrance on the left of the main one. If you go in this way you bypass the reception and avoid any potential hassle. I asked the bellboy when I checked in just to be on the safe side. All he said was be discreet.
Sheraton by the Creek has a very large lobby. If you walk to the right you get to reception, to the left you go to the Chinese restaurant and avoid the gaze of the front office staff. This way you can get to the lifts at the back and avoid any potential problems. I had no problems with either hotels.
Good luck.

Sporadic
11-03-03, 09:49
Dear SFX,

I concur with Expat, just be discreet. The JW Marriot has a bar/steakhouse on a lower level by the conference rooms and there is access to the glass elevators from that level. I have seen a veritable parade of lovely ladies riding those elevators down to the lobby in the mornings and the staff seemed to pay no mind.
Nice hotel. Enjoy.

Cheers,

Sporadic

SFXTraveller
11-03-03, 20:17
Expatcat, Sporadic,

Thanks for the info guys, thats definitely helped me out!

SFX

MKH
11-03-03, 22:19
hi,

i m planning to visit the dubai with the family.. i have been recommanded to stay at Golden Sand Appartments.. they are charging 450 Dhirams per day.. please recomand any goog furnished appartment in bur Dubai Area.

thnx

MKH

SFXTraveller
11-13-03, 20:16
Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel

This place is extremely girl friendly, I encountered no problems at all from security or reception, when bringing a girl back.

I wasn't the only one who was there for some fun, when I was checking in a CIS walked up next to me and asked the recptionist for her client, the receptionist just pointed her in the right direction, no papers or questions asked for.

One important thing, if you don't like getting watched walking in to your room with a girl, then choose a high floor (I took one on the 6th floor). Basically in the lobby, where there is seating for guests to relax, they can see the first 4 floors worth of all the doors as they look up and around.

Apart from that there are two ways to the lifts at the back of the hotel to get to your room. As you enter the hotel if you go left, then you walk round to the hair salon, restaurants and then to the lift. If you walk through the middle (Sofa Seating and tables) you will most likely get spotted by other guests. If you walk to your right you will have to go past the reception desks and then hit the lifts. Well rather than walk on the left and probably get stopped and asked to go to sign her in (never happened), I chose to walk by reception everytime with the girl.

Everytime, no one said anything or stopped us. Great hotel, good faicilities to relax, exceptionally good food, great view of Dubai Creek and most of all, girl friendly staff.

Worf1972
11-14-03, 15:41
Thanks SFX I'll give this hotel a try, instead of the Hyatt.

Gunda Bunda
11-25-03, 17:17
Hello Dubai Superkings,

There is no doubt that this the Dubai thread in the forum is by far the best thanks to all the great posts that come from you guys.

I am in Dubai from Saturday for a week of post-Ramadan festivities. Would love to hook up with fellow forum members and get drunk. A lot of horizontal dancing will also be on the menu. I am planning on hitting all the main spots - Cyclone, premiere, york etc.

PM me if you can make it. Arrangements can be made from there.

GB

Fingen
11-29-03, 14:10
Hilton Dubai creek is superfriendly. There is a back door entrance, so you don't have to pass to the reception!

Any info about working girls at a bar in this hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Hightower
11-30-03, 21:33
Acscot hotel is friendly. I've seen a number of beautiful CIS girls walking around. They are usually limited to the floor that their guest is on, at least I heard an employee tell that to a girl once. Anyone spent time in the English bar on the first floor? Bulgarian staff is VERY nice and friendly. Any ideas if these ladies work after hours?

Any information on the Al Bustan Residence in Al Tawar? I'm in a company apartment there. It seems to be a very family oriented place. I know there is no way of getting anyone through reception, but I have very easy access from the garage. What is the worst that could happen if I were to be caught going up the elevator with a special friend?

Happy hunting,

Hightower

Boofer
12-01-03, 23:30
So Hilton Dubai Creek is superfriendly. Please advise about Meridien Dubai and El Bostan Rotana!!!?

Bizzie
12-02-03, 06:28
So Hilton Dubai Creek is superfriendly. Please advise about Meridien Dubai and El Bostan Rotana!!!?

Both are friendly.
My impression is that at ANY/MOST nice hotels in Dubai, the worst that can happen is that you have to register the guest.

Member #1263
12-02-03, 11:26
How would you register the lady, does she have to submit her passport?

Boofer
12-02-03, 15:46
Thanks guys for the input. Still unable to find rooms next weekend. Is Dubai Marine Beach resort friendly as well?

Bizzie
12-03-03, 05:42
How would you register the lady, does she have to submit her passport?

All of the girls carry a copy of their passport/visa, and when you negotiate to go to your hotel, they'll know what's needed.
Better yet, ask her if she has the papers, just in case.

Eric T
12-03-03, 10:29
Member #1263 12-02-03 13:26: How would you register the lady, does she have to submit her passport?
Just to modify and add to what Badass has said: Most of the girls carry a copy of their passport/visa, basically the 'visa' copy is that page of the passport which carries the latest visa stamp and entry date in Dubai. So to be crystal, what the girl needs to submit at the hotel desk is a photo copy of her passport. When you are negotiating, tell the lady where you're staying at and ask her if she has the papers i.e. passport copy. Have read a few sparse accounts where the fella had to take a quick detour so the lady can collect the same for her place before moving onwards.

Eric

Fusch
12-03-03, 11:55
I have had problem taking the girl to my hotel once, last time I was in Dubai, had gone to cyclone, had picked up a nice Armenian girl. Was staying at one of the Golde Sands service apratments. They did not allow me to take the girl to the room.

Maybe mine was a rare case, but had to go to another hotel, since I had the itch and a girl too, couldn't have paid her for nothing.

Eric T
12-03-03, 16:33
Fusch 12-03-03 13:55: I have had problem taking the girl to my hotel once, last time I was in Dubai, had gone to cyclone, had picked up a nice Armenian girl. Was staying at one of the Golde Sands service apratments. They did not allow me to take the girl to the room.

Maybe mine was a rare case, but had to go to another hotel, since I had the itch and a girl too, couldn't have paid her for nothing. Its not a rare case mate, there are establishments which are definately NOT girl friendly. Thanks for the heads up on Golden Sands service apratments. Better luck next time with some of the friendlier places mentioned below.

Eric

Hightower
12-03-03, 16:40
Al Bustan Residence,

The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are great and the bedrooms have great bedside mirrors, can't wait to put those to use. The cliental here are all families. You have a lot of arabs and a lot of russians. The arab women almost all wear the full head covering and the russian women are not that good to look at, so this place seems pretty conservative. I should also note that there is only one female employee at the residence and she works for the tour agency in the lobby. No female employees is not a good sign. I have yet to see one good looking woman at this hotel for the past 6 weeks. That goes for the center itself too. There is a very nice shopping center here, but it is mainly made up of clothing shops for the ladies or stuff for the kids. My guess is that this place is very unfriendly. I'm lucky and have a room next to the elevator on the first floor. So I'm guess that late at night that I might be able to sneak someone up here. Problem is that I have no idea what would happen if I get caught, and I'm not sure if I want to find out. If I were you I would avoid this place.

Hope this helps.
Hightower

I'm also having an impossible time PMing anyone. Not that I am complaining, this is a great forum!

Member #1263
12-03-03, 17:34
Thanks for the input guys. However this was like almost six months and I was staying at the new grand hyatt hotel and had called a babe to visit me.

She was not allowed to come up and there was security near the lifts as well! They said you have to register her and she will have to show her original passport. That was a bit weird and the manager refused to accept the copy saying that was the rule!.

Obviously didn't like their attitude and had left the hotel.

May this was because the hotel was new or they are not girl friendly?.

SFXTraveller
12-03-03, 19:09
Hi Guys,

Right seeing as Dubai is real busy at the moment. The only hotel I could find really quickly and had rooms was the Taj Palace. Now seeing as I hit this place tomorrow, does anyone know if this place is Girl Friendly, also will they need a copy of their visa? Just so when I am hobbying I can make sure she has all the right things so as not to make the 'Walk Of Shame' longer than it really needs to be.

Well who cares, as long as they let her up to the room, doing the walk should be worth it!

Either way, I'll post a FR on this place!

Thanks

SFX

ExpatCat
12-04-03, 06:46
SFX,

As per previous postings, avoid the Sea Shell Inn like the plague. They are also very unfriendly towards 'guests'. I confirm Dubai Creek Hilton, The Sheraton on the Creek and the Marriott are all good as far as being Girl Friendly without fuss. Just be discreet.

SFXTraveller
12-04-03, 11:54
Expatcat,

Hi mate, to clarify... I have already booked this hotel, basically because after ringing about 15 others, this was the only one that had a room left. Tried the classics (Sheraton Dubai Creek, Stayed there last time and very girl friendly) but no joy for rooms, except for extortionate rates for me as they only had the suites left.

After booking the Taj Palace in desperation, I read their web site and it is a non-alcoholic hotel, they have a dry polisy. Oh great, I leave one country to be able to have a drink and I end of imprisoning myself in a place which doesn't allow alcohol openly. LoL have to laugh though!

ExpatCat
12-04-03, 20:06
SFX,
Good luck. I belive that the Dubai Sevens rugby tournament is to blame. Watch out for hordes of drunken players and supporters. If you do get in conversation, try to make sure they don't pay ridiculous prices (see previous eloquent postings from Justsumfun and Bravo et al) and sour the pitch for locals and regular visitors. I hope to visit DXB sometime in the not too distant future and would hate to see prices through the roof. Premier in the Hyatt is my fave, but have had good experiences at Cyclone and that old chestnut . . . still going . . . The Garage. Dump of a hotel, quaint club, some gems in the girls.
Good hunting.

Expatcat

Member #1263
12-04-03, 20:07
I have also heard Taj hotel is pretty strict and they do have a no alcohol policy. However I'll guess you take the babes up to your room from the basement area parking.

Cheers

Boofer
12-05-03, 09:15
guys, help me out. how is the Dubai marine beach resort? Is it girl friendly? is there a seperate entrance?

Boofer
12-05-03, 12:32
what about Movenpick? it's right infront of Cyclone.

JustSumFun
12-05-03, 14:00
Fusch
I have had problem taking the girl to my hotel once, last time I was in Dubai, had gone to cyclone, had picked up a nice Armenian girl. Was staying at one of the Golde Sands service apratments. They did not allow me to take the girl to the room.

Maybe mine was a rare case, but had to go to another hotel, since I had the itch and a girl too, couldn't have paid her for nothing. Golden sands has always been guest unfriendly. Most guys who book in there always regret it. The place is nice but for a monger it is a nightmare.

The best places for short stopover in my opinion would be the London Crown Hotel Apartments, Al Hina Residence etc in the Ramada area and the Rolla residence opposite the Impirial Suites hotel.

SFXTraveller. Sorry mate but i got your query about the hotel apartments a bit late and the next day (2nd Dec) was the national day holiday. The family dragged me out of bed nice and early and whisked me away to Alain on a day long picnic. Got back to Dubai around 2 am that night. So could not scout out the places. I could have tried and booked a place for you given a couple of days notice. But lost out a day because of the National day holiday and by the 3rd everything was packed.

Cheers

Boofer
12-05-03, 14:07
guys.

Finally got a hotel room at a crazy $650 a night on the 8th of December for two nights at the Royal Mirage. Dubai is fully booked, it seems for the Air Show.

Hopefully this Royal Mirage is Friendly....

Kinn Rock
12-08-03, 03:45
Hi guys.

Like to know if the Airport and Millenium Hotel are girl friendly.

Would be visiting Dubai around the 3rd week of Dec.

Thanks

JustSumFun
12-11-03, 08:54
Kinn Rock
Hi guys.

Like to know if the Airport and Millenium Hotel are girl friendly.

Would be visiting Dubai around the 3rd week of Dec.

Thanks
The Airport hotel is Guest friendly. And i believe the Millenium is guest friendly as well. So you should not have a problem.

Cheers

Big Jul
12-11-03, 10:38
Justsumfun,

I thought that Airport and Millenium were one and the same hotel. I presume by Airport hotel you are referring to Meridien (Old Forte Grand) where Jules bar is.

I usually stay at the one over the road now called Millenium Airport Hotel (Where Biggles bar is). As in my last report I have had no problems with taking guests back. Just be discreet and don't flaunt it.

JustSumFun
12-12-03, 09:44
Big Jul
Justsumfun,

I thought that Airport and Millenium were one and the same hotel. I presume by Airport hotel you are referring to Meridien (Old Forte Grand) where Jules bar is.

I usually stay at the one over the road now called Millenium Airport Hotel (Where Biggles bar is). As in my last report I have had no problems with taking guests back. Just be discreet and don't flaunt it.The airport and millenium hotels though on the same premises are different entities perhaps managed by one corporation.. There is a passage running through the Millenium hotel which links the two. The Airport hotel is on the back side. And i know about Airport hotel. Never had a friend stay at Millenium so dont know if the policy about guests is the same at both the places.

The Meridien is a different hotel across the street from the Millenium hotel. Not the same place. The Meridien and the Al Bustan share the same grounds.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Justsumfun

Bizzie
12-12-03, 10:39
Crowne Plaza.
Just confirming that the hotel is friendly. Didn't even ask for the girls I.D., even though it was after 2;30 AM.
went up the escalator, no other guests and 4 hotel employees. Talked to the girl as if knew her for years.
No one flinched!
Full report to follow.

Big Jul
12-12-03, 10:51
Justsumfun

Thanks for your input. I was aware of the two different entities but unsure of the relationship. I think the one at the rear is used mainly as a transit hotel by airlines.

I can confirm that the Millenium (Facing Al Bustan) is friendly. Other places that are friendly that I have not seen mentioned in the forum are the Al Mas Apartments in Bur Dubai (Golden Sands area). Cheap and cheerful and I believe they will also let apartments for ST. They do ask for girls ID but it is all very matter of fact and accepted. Not really a walk of shame.

Other posts have said that Golden Sands 3 is unfriendly. Personally I had no problems when I was there a couple of years ago although I did get the usual looks from the staff while waiting for the lifts.

Any advice or tips regarding the Christmas period? (see my previous post in other section)

Big J

JustSumFun
12-12-03, 12:51
Big Jul
I think the one at the rear is used mainly as a transit hotel by airlines.That is correct. In fact they provide transit visas as well. The last time my friend came to dubai from India he stayed there and he was paying Dhs 110 per day for the 4 days that he was there. The only requirement for providing transit visa is that you should have a confirmed onward booking for another destination. The cost of transit visa wsa not included in the room cost. The rooms were big an airy. Very pleasant place. Would recommend that for someone who was just passing through.

Though a little out of way from the main centres it is just a 15 minute taxi ride away from most places.

Justsumfun

SFXTraveller
12-13-03, 12:24
Hi Gents,

Just got back from DXB. Well my trip to DXB was a little disappointing this time (Got caught out by work, so could not hobby). Anyhow stayed at the Taj Palace, the place is very strict I would say. At night there are guards posted at all three of the entrances to the hotel and they will question a girl if she walks in alone (One night he asked my regular girl if she was staying at the hotel).

The lobby layout...

Main Entrance
This floor has a main entrance, many people busy even at midnight/1am, many people always popping in and out. Security at the doors will ask if they suspect, but if you get past security then the reception desk on your right will not question or stop you as you walk to the main lifts.

Side Entrance
After 10pm when the Hotels restaurants and shops have shut, there is only one security guard here at this entrance, and no other staff. If you make it past this one guard, you will come to another set of lifts far away from the lobby. Although the lift only has buttons for the 1st, 2nd and 6th Floors (Not sure why?, think its for extra guests arriving to a conference hall that they have on the 6th floor).

Back Entrance
Again same as Side entrance. One guard after 10pm, another set of lifts, not sure which floors they allow access to though.

I think in general although I did not get stopped once whilst walking in with my girl, the Taj Palace is pretty strict. Entrance to the hallway to your room requires entry via another key card access door, so if you need a girl to your room and are not staying in an apartment in the hotel, its better if you meet her in the lobby (Apartment floors do not have extra security doors).

Your best bet I think is the same as what Badass suggested, which is walk in through the front of door of any hotel, with the girl on your arm and just act as if you have known her for years.

Obviously if you are drunk, hand on her arse and she is dressed for SW business then you are gonna have a problem LoL! Especially at the Taj Palace.

I'd easily trade this place for the girl friendly attitude I had at the Sheraton Dubai Creek.

Faisal
12-24-03, 19:44
Hi,

I stayed at the Haytt Regency Hotel. Apparently they have changed the rules about taking up guests. Now they charge 90 Dhs per night for taking up a guest to your room.

Also stayed at the Ramada Continental Deira and their was no problm in taking girls up to your room.

Faisal

Member #1263
12-25-03, 17:55
Faisal,

Did you stay at the Grand Hyatt or the Hyatt Regency, because the bludy Grand Hyatt is totally unfriendly!

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to correctly spell the words "you", "are" and "because". To avoid future delays, please refrain from using "u" instead of "you", "r" instead or "are", "em" instead of "them", and "cuz" instead of "because" in future reports. Thanks!

Bizzie
12-30-03, 10:35
I had been thinking of staying at the Hyatt Regency (with its Premiere disco). But after reading posts on this great forum about their less than friendly policies, I decided against it.

It's amusing to me that you can shop for all kind of sex in the lobby/disco, but they give you so much crap about taking the girl to the room. The hypocrisy!!

Res Tuck
12-30-03, 12:45
Sheraton Dubai Creek is a very nice hotel and perfectly friendly. I called in a nice CIS I met in the new Hyatt the night before and we had a perfect nooner. No hassle.

York has many Eritreans and Ethiopians, for those who share, like and enjoy my 'normal' regional preference.

Across from York I was in an African bar. Disappointing.

Cyclone was flooded with Far East Asia and I was quite disturbed after a couple of beers.

Res Tuck
12-30-03, 15:24
Has anybody any experience about the 'friendliness' of Fairmont Hotel?

Faisal
12-31-03, 16:45
Hi Everyone,

Stayed at the Haytt Regency Hotel and not the grand Haytt.

Thanks

Faisal

Denver Sam
01-08-04, 01:46
Hi Everyone,

Wish you all a very Happy New Year for mongering. If anyone has ventured to stay in the Regent Palace Hotel please be careful if you want to take guests there since they charge Dhms 200 per person extra. I have had that experience some time back.

Cheers.

Member #1263
01-09-04, 20:53
I stayed at the Jebal Ali Hotel. Totally girl friendly and a nice environment. One can enjoy at the beach as well.

Legalize
01-13-04, 13:34
I've beeb invited to Dubai by an old friend who is loaded and staying at Burj-al-Arab. I know the hotel is very nice, but no point staying there if it is girl unfriendly. I'd much rather go elsewere. Any ideas as to wether it is ok?

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to fix dozens of simple writing errors including missing punctuation, peculiar punctuation, missing capitalization, multiple periods throughout the text, etc. To avoid delays in future reports, please proof-read your reports before posting them. Please review the Forum's Posting Guidelines (http://www.wsgforum.com/postingguidelines.html) for further information. Thanks!

Bizzie
01-13-04, 21:17
I've beeb invited to Dubai by an old friend who is loaded and staying at Burj-al-Arab. I know the hotel is very nice, but no point staying there if it is girl unfriendly. I'd much rather go elsewere. Any ideas as to wether it is ok?

I have never stayed there, from reliable sources: guests are OK, as long as you register them at the reception. Sneaking a chic into your room/suite will be problem.

Worf1972
01-14-04, 09:51
I have a friend you works directly with the Burj-al-Arab it is NOT girl friendly. They have a very very high cliental who check in with their own sw girls. So it would be very difficult to get a girl to come up to your room.

Bono
01-14-04, 10:16
No problem at the Burj Al Arab.I also had a friend stay there and I Went in with a girl.The problem is you have to pay I think it was 50 Dirham for anyone to get into the hotel.I paid 100 for the girl and I and they did not even look at her.It is totally friendly. I will post a detailed report on my trip as soon as I get a breather from work.

Member #1510
01-14-04, 11:56
Burj Al Arab is quite guest friendly. All the girl has to do is quote the suite number. The staff and hotel is quite tuned in, they simply ask to see the girls passport copy and all the regular girls seem to know this.

Member #1263
01-14-04, 17:13
Burj Al Arab is totally safe. Try out the pool on the top floor level at nights, just you, your lover and the water!

Res Tuck
01-16-04, 07:42
Anybody ever stayed in Novotel World Trade Centre and can report about friendliness? It's too crazy to get a room for the coming week anywhere because of the DSF.

Everything booked out and the agent just could quote me that hotel.

JustSumFun
01-17-04, 12:51
Res Tuck
Anybody ever stayed in Novotel World Trade Centre and can report about friendliness? It's too crazy to get a room for the coming week anywhere because of the DSF.

Everything booked out and the agent just could quote me that hotel That is a girl friendly hotel. A fellow member visited dubai recently and called up Firoza to that place. She had no problem getting in. Ofcourse the reason could be that she dresses sensibly and not sluttishly. So guess if the girl is dressed in an appropriate manner there is no problem there. Not heard anything negative about the hotel as far as guest friendliness is concerned.

Cheers

Justfun

In One Life
01-24-04, 18:37
Hi,

If any one can help me to give an info. about funrnished apartments in Dubai, and what is the friendly and which one is high class.

Thanks

Boofer
01-26-04, 21:18
Guys,

I've stayed before at Bubai Marine Beach resort and it was great. No questions asked whatsoever, can you recommend another couple of hotels. Right now, Dubai Marine beach resort is so bloody expensive.

should I stay downtown since the shopping festival might make traffic really bad? is it true that Jumerah area is more girl friendly???

please advise.

Bizzie
01-27-04, 04:53
Boofer,

I dont know if Jumeira Beach is any more friendlier than most of the other hotels in town. Individual hotels can of course vary.

One thing is for sure that, in additon to the high room rates, you'll have to contend with about Dhs 100 taxi fare each time you head to the city.

Also some girls are reluctant to go to the Beach. Because it's out of the way, costs them another Dhs 50 to get back, which may wind up being your responsibility in the morning.;)

In my limited experience, I thought the girls tended to raise their rates by a couple of hundred at the mention of Jumeira beach.
Maybe they think the client is well to do, and will/can pay more?

In the end, it's all worth it, if you find that real special one!

Good luck.

Expatriate Guy
01-28-04, 10:28
Does anybody have any info on the "friendliness" of the Holiday-Inn Dubai?

Thanks.

Sporadic
01-29-04, 09:26
Expat_guy:

Which one? It was my understanding that the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai is now called Movenpick. As I reported earlier, it was friendly as of DEC 2003. In fact I have seen a few real CIS stunners working the 1st floor bar (I forget the name of the bar.) The hotel security guys will ask for a passport copy if they bump into you with a lady, but no hassles and no additions to the bill.

Cheers,

Sporadic

Expatriate Guy
01-29-04, 10:04
I think there is only one Holiday Inn in Dubai now, the one at Deira. Appreciate your advice. How about the Renaisance Hotel in Deira?

Thanks.

JustSumFun
01-29-04, 13:44
Expatriate_Guy
Does anybody have any info on the "friendliness" of the Holiday-Inn Dubai?

Thanks.
Which Holiday Inn do you mean mate. The Crowne Plaza on the Sheikh Zayed road is called the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. If that is the one you mean then there is nothing to worry about. That hotel is extremely guest friendly. A fellow Forum member is currently in residence there and has had no problems.

In One LifeThe Al Hina Residence next to the Ramada hotle in Bur Dubai is guest friendly. Also as our friend Sunny Boy 1960 mentioned the Rolla Residence opposite the Imperial suites is also guest friendly. so I guess either one of those should be good one to go for. Also the London Crown Hotel Apartments in the Golden Sands area is supposed to be friendly.

Justfun

Sporadic
01-29-04, 19:09
Expat guy,

I can vouch for the Renaissance being reasonably friendly, but I am known there as a frequent guest.

Part of the problem is the layout, you take a long escalator up to the lobby which kind of acts like a chokepoint, with Harry´s place (the bar) on the right, and reception in front of you, elevators to the left towards the restaurant. The first couple floors are also open plan; anyone can see you walking the "hallway." There is another elevator on the ground floor, around the corner to the right from the concierge/bellhop stand, but it is not available on all floors.

The hotel bar is not really a pickup place, having said that, I have run into the occasional CIS or Chinese stunner there when they are having a special party. In fact, that is where I ran into the Bo Derek lookalike 9+ CIS stunner last year. THAT was an experience! As at any 5 star hotel, the key is discretion; be low key and "act confident" and you should have no problem. YMMV.

Cheers,

Sporadic

Orpheus
01-30-04, 09:54
Haven't been in Dubai since the end of 2003, but the Holiday Inn Bur Dubai (now Movenpick) was never any problem, providing you picked up or at least rendezvoused with your girl at the first floor bar (Somerset's). From there it's easy enough to get to the elevators, or straight into the first floor corridor if you happen to be staying there.

Have to agree with Sporadic on the quality of the ladies working that bar, there were some occasional stunners, mainly CIS, and I never felt the need to trek over to Cyclone, which is only a 200-yard walk away.

Another friendly hotel is the Capitol, which has Henry J Bean's and Savage Garden on the ground floor. It's slightly out of the way on Mina Road near Port Rashid, but no registration of lady visitors, no passport copy, just walk right in every time. (Maybe I was just lucky?)

One to avoid - the Savoy Park Apartment Hotel. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their bedclothes, after the humiliation they put me and my lady friend through in their lobby!

11Bravo
02-09-04, 15:41
Justsumfun, 02-09-04 15:29: since she did not have a place she told him he would have to take her to the Dallas hotel, which rents out rooms by the hour it seems for a 100 dhs.I'll post the above here in case somebody misses it in the dubai thread. Not a real place to stay. I was there 3 years ago, rooms rather grotty. Think I paid something like 140 for 1 night, although just wanted to use for ST as my hotel, Riviera, next to Carlton Towers, not girl friendly. Back then, Dallas was functioning as a ST hotel; no problem registering while 2 girls waited for me. Clerk asked me how many DAYS I'd be staying; I'm thinking hours. Sounds like it still functions that way. Dallas hotel is in Bur Dubai, up the road from Astoria (and TGIT), very close to the intersection with Bank Street (street where York is).

Member #1510
02-10-04, 09:54
The Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is quite friendly. A friend was staying in a suite over there and when the both of us showed up there with the girls there was no questions asked.

Beruti
02-10-04, 10:04
Hy Guys,

I tried in the Dubai forum and got the advice to have a look here which I allready did bofore.

But again I would like to know if the frindlyness of Sea Viewe Hotel got better after the World Bank meeting last summer?

The reason is my business partner prefers to book this hotel for me dont know the reason (my be he gets special rates)

So my fist question is above and the second: Does a listing of hotels may be with a ranking friendly quite fridly unfriendly exist here in the forum?

If yes, where can I find this?

If no then would it be a good idea to put one together what you think?

This is my second posting so if I write some bulshit in which has been discussed many times be patient with me :-) and excuse my english im from germany LOL

Yours,

Tony Beruti

I'm ariving in Dubai at 25.02. Is there any special event or so?

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to capitalize the word "I". To avoid future delays, please use a capital "I" to refer to yourself in future reports. Thanks!

Wild76
02-20-04, 07:41
Sometime back, I had stayed at Eureka Hotel somewhere in Deira (off Rigga St). This hotel is a very basic hotel and the rooms are quite small (one girl told me the bathroom at the Burj was bigger than my room!). However, there is no problem taking the girls to your room. The lobby is pretty small, and your girl will have to leave her passport copy with valid visa at the reception. I thought this was quite OK (instills some sense of security that the girl can't do a dirty and expect to run away). There were no extra charges for taking the girl to your room.

Since the hotel is in Deira, it is quite far from the action areas in Bur Dubai. This will mess up your ST as it once took my cabbie nearly 40 mins in rush hour traffic to get from TGIT to the Hotel, and since the girl wants to rush back, the action in bed will be very rushed as well.

Great hotel as far as guest-friendliness is concerned, but I would not want to stay there again due to the distance from Bur Dubai, quality of rooms, and lack of abundance of taxis in the area.

Eric Emp
02-22-04, 06:05
Millenium Airport Hotel is definately not a guest friendly, Last night, I face the problem I was stopped by guard close to Elevators. I spoke with Manager too but no use.

So donot choose this hotel if you are planning to bring visitor to your room

Big Jul
02-24-04, 12:12
Eric Emp,

Sorry to hear of your problems at Millenium Airport Hotel. However, I have used this place regularly for 3 or 4 years now without any problems. I must say that I don't recall even seeing a guard, only the doorman or bellboy who on occasions have greeted me by name when arriving with a girl.

Maybe it was because of the time of night although it doesn't seem to have been that late. The other problem may have been the way your guest was dressed if she was obviously working.

I always recommend being as discreet as possible and try and pick up a girl who is dressed on the conservative side of sexy!

Of course it could all be due to some changes in the market or hotel policy in which case I would welcome any updated info from other members to prevent future misery!

Big J

Ass to Adore
02-27-04, 08:51
Dear All,

I want to stay at the Fairmont Hotel during my trip to Dubai which brings me to the question of friendliness. Does anybody have experience with the Fairmont Hotel and their attitude towards you taking guests up to your room?

Previous questions about the Fairmont went uncommented and I hope that in the meantime somebody can help me out on this.

Thanks

Adimondo
02-29-04, 12:29
Hi fellows, here's my question:
What about guest friendliness concerning female accompany at these 2 hotels located in Bur Dubai:
Pearl Residence Apartments
Sea Shell Inn Hotel

Would highly appreciate hints concerning guest friendly mid-range hotels around Bur Dubai area. Thanks!

ExpatCat
02-29-04, 19:31
Adimondo,
Why not start by using the very extensive search engine on this forum? I'll give you a head start. I've posted at least two notes regarding the Sea Shell. Why don't you look them up? You could even use my moniker as a search subject. If in doubt, search in Middle East and UAE. It works wonders :)
Good luck in your endeavours. Just a hint, of course. . .

Expatcat

P.S. The search engine is found on the left hand side under 'Forum Search'.

Aravin
03-01-04, 11:15
I am new in this forum, find many posting from the senior member, most of them are very informatic .

Everybody mention York, Cyclone, Imperial & TGIT mainly.

I am talking about ST. George Hotel near to the Public Library Deira, one of the best choice for CIS, armanian, & few chinese. The coffee shop near the lobby is open 24 hours. A very nice & quite place, many good looking girls, most of the visitors are Arabs, other nationality is very few. They have disco in the top floor, all this girls roaming from coffee shop to disco after 11pm, until 11 from 7pm many girls coming to coffee shop . and this hotel is guest friendly, you can take girls from the coffee shop & disco to the room. The staff will not bother. Try this.

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to meet the Forum's Posting Guidelines (http://www.wsgforum.com/postingguidelines.html).

Ass to Adore
03-02-04, 08:16
Hi All,

I don't want to give up trying just yet and so post my question again:

Is the Fairmont Hotel next to the Exhibition Centre guest-friendly?

Tried to find answers to this question by searching the forum but no luck this time.
Are there any hour hotels in Dubai or would that be too obvious for a muslim country?
What is the average 'damage' to your wallet when you take a CIS to your hotel for an overnight session?

Thanks to you all!

Hans Solo
03-03-04, 03:44
Hello to all,

This is my first post and thanks to all the regulars. I wanted to reply to Ass to Adore. I have stayed at the Fairmont several times in the past month. I have seen several gentlemen at the lobby bar walk over to one of the beautiful ladies , have a short chat with them and then get on the elevator with them. A hour or so later they return. I would guess the Fairmont is guest friendly, but I am a newbie on this forum so perhaps a senoir member could verify my observation.

Hans Solo

11Bravo
03-06-04, 17:05
Ass to Adore, 03-02-04 10:16: Are there any hour hotels in Dubai or would that be too obvious for a muslim country? Have you tried reading posts on this page? Let me give you a hint: ten (10) posts down from your question, there is reference to a ST hotel. Recent info too.

And did get 1 hit about Fairmont hotel guest friendliness using search engine with Fairmont as search string (this excluding Hans Solo response); otherwise, don't know.

Mr Cane
03-07-04, 06:42
Hi Guys,

Any information on girls who are into spanking. I mean me spanking them and not the other way around.

PM me with info.

Thx.

Adimondo
03-09-04, 17:55
Hello,

I agree with Aravin on St. George Hotel in Deira. Ask for the "Iranian Bar" on the ground floor. Some ladies assert they are Iranian (may be to impress the Middle Eastern guys). They are mainly from Armenia or Georgia and are looking Caucasian - long black hair, cute and warm faces.

Could anybody give a hint on Pearl Residence Apartments in Bur Dubai area?

Thanks

Sharq
03-13-04, 08:41
Hi,

I wanted to know whether the following hotels are guest friendly

Le Meridien
Le Meridien Fairway
Airport Hotel commercial wing
Millenium Hotel EKwing

I understand the Millenium hotel has turned guest unfriendly (some posts below mention that).

Wanted to know whether the Le Meridien (the 5 star) is guest friendly?

Regards,

Sharq

Corlion
03-14-04, 09:30
Hi guys,

I will be visiting Dubai on Saturday, and have a few questions. I have used the forum search before asking, and haven't been able to find an answer.

1. Does anyone know if Rihab Rotana is guest friendly?
2. Is Cyclone, York still operational on a Saturday night, in the same manner that it is on Wednesdays and Thursdays?

An urgent response will be much appreciated.

Corlion

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to capitalize proper names. To avoid delays in future reports, please capitalize the first letters of proper names, including names of people, places, countries, cities, streets, nationalities, days of the week, etc. Thanks!

Adimondo
03-14-04, 15:53
Hi, I've already read the great reports on York Hotel, but: it is easy to get the ladies to your room there?

What about guest friendliness at Panorama Hotel in the Bur Dubai area?

Corlion
03-15-04, 08:31
Hi again guys,

Ok, forget the Rihab. I will staying at the Dusit, on Sheikh Zayed Road. Please reply ASAP if you know if this hotel is guest friendly.

Also, as questioned before, is Cyclone open for mongering on Saturday? or what is the best place for that day of the week.

I have spent ages going through the forum search, but couldn't find answers.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Corlion

El Mujerista
03-27-04, 18:17
I don't believe I've seen it mentioned in this section before, but the Ramada Hotel on Mankhool Rd. in Bur Dubai is very guest friendly. The nightclub in the hotel, Rumours, is also a favourite trolling spot for CIS. It's a nice hotel with some very good restaurants and a great location. There is more than one Ramada in town, and I don't know about the other one. The one I'm talking about is at www.ramadadubai.com.

Doggus
04-01-04, 07:36
Hey guys,

I've trawled through the reports and can't find any posts on staying at the York hotel.
Has anyone stayed there who can comment on the rooms etc?
Also, is it easy to get girls to your room from the bar area?

Cheers!

Doggus

Sporadic
04-01-04, 17:57
Doggus,

You did not trawl very far or very effectively, But in the interest of fairness, the York IS NOT friendly. The nightclub is packed, but hotel will not let them in.

Stirling
04-02-04, 06:06
Gentlemen, I've hobbied all over the world, but next week will be my first time in the middle east. I'd appreciate any info on how friendly the Shangra-La hotel is, if known, on guests returning to your room. Also, any action in this hotels bar?

Thanks

Stirling

JustSumFun
04-02-04, 17:15
Stirling
Gentlemen, I've hobbied all over the world, but next week will be my first time in the middle east. I'd appreciate any info on how friendly the Shangra-La hotel is, if known, on guests returning to your room. Also, any action in this hotels bar?

Thanks The Shangrila Hotel is guest friendly. A fellow forum member has stayed there and there was absulutely no problem. Regarding the bar in the hotl. Not heard anything about that so you will have to take your chances on that.

Corlion
Also, as questioned before, is Cyclone open for mongering on Saturday? or what is the best place for that day of the weekCyclone is open all days of the week. But it gets crowded quite late around 10:30 pm. All the places, York, TGIT, Imperial Suites, Jockeys at the Panorama hotel etc are open all days of the week.

Justfun

Stirling
04-03-04, 04:03
JustSumFun

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Stirling

ExpatCat
04-03-04, 05:17
El Mujerista,
The other Ramada is the Ramada Continental, close to the Airport. Thisi one is also very 'guest' friendly. Also, reasonably priced.

Expatcat

Sporadic
04-03-04, 08:25
Further to the Ramada Continental:
It is so guest friendly that, in my case, the friendly Bell staff including the HUGE Colonial-SgtMaj-style mustachioed doormen will furnish your room number to ladies that frequent the hotel.

I make all my own arrangements, so this turned out to be kind of a pain (ladies knocking on my door at 1am-2am every night when the bar closed) however, I did not complain about them in the interest of not spoiling the custom for others who may be interested. If I had not had to work early the next morning, I would have invited them in, they were really quite pretty.

Again, I never asked for this, but said mustachioed doorman (there are two similar gents) had given me an approving wink during very short "walks of shame" in the past, and obviously knew who the hobbyists were.

The hotel itself is not that great for a 5 star, but the arrangement with the bar on the 1st floor (second U.S. style,) easy, discrete access to the elevators and tolerant staff make it most useful for the hobby.

Cheers,

Sporadic

JustSumFun
04-21-04, 14:02
Hello Friends,

A short update. The Airport Hotel, also known as the Millenium Hotel, is no longer Guest friendly. A fellow forum member, who was in town last week, found out, to his dismay, that he could not take the lady up to his room. He paid the lady 100 dhs for the waste of her time.

Justfun

Sporadic
04-21-04, 21:03
From Joe Banana

For everyones information the Movenpick has just started charging 100Ds for your "guest", avoid the place!

Movenpick used to be the Holiday Inn.
Nothing like those fun-loving Swiss!

Cheers,

Sporadic

BraveBoy79
04-28-04, 21:44
JW Marriott is one the most guest friendly I experienced in Dubai. Staff just minds their business. During IMF meeting days too when security was at peak everywhere, I happen to bring a lady from Cyclone. The security staff wished me a nice evening with nice gestures.

Nice Guy 99
04-29-04, 20:26
Looks like I may be coming to Dubai for a week of meetings. My business colleagues want to stay at the Sheraton on the Creek. Last mention I see of the Sheraton was some months ago. Is it still girl friendly?

Big Jul
04-30-04, 14:14
JSF,

Interested to read your post re Millenium Airport Hotel. You may remember that I have posted before about this hotel being friendly.

I have just returned back to UK (Today) having spent 5 nights at this hotel (my usual place to stay) and once again found no problem whatsoever with having guests to my room. I have stayed in the rooms in the main hotel (commercial wing) and also in the older chalets at the rear of the hotel and never had any problems.

On this trip, I happened to be staying in one of the chalets and had a girl back four nights out of the five I was there. No questions asked.

Do you think that there might be some discrimination such as you find with the entry policy to York etc where some have to pay a cover charge and some don't?

I must say that I cannot even recall seeing any security as such whenever I have stayed there. Only the usual staff lingering around.

Should any other members find themselves staying there and are worried, take heart that there are five or six different ways of entering the hotel so it is difficult for the staff there to know where you have come from... restaurant/bar/swimming pool area/other wing of hotel. Admittedly there is only one set of elevators to go upstairs but as I have stated before I have never had any problems. If I had problems I wouldn't stay there.

This is just the situation as I have found it over the last 10 years that I have been using this hotel (amongst others). I am sure that fellow members would not want to take a risk when there are plenty of other hotels to use in Dubai that are 100% friendly.

I will post my recent experiences shortly in the appropriate place.

Big Jul

JustSumFun
04-30-04, 16:27
Big Jul
Interested to read your post re Millenium Airport Hotel. You may remember that I have posted before about this hotel being friendly.Thanks very much for the update on the hotel. What you suggest might be true. That there is some form of discrimination at this hotel. Or perhaps our forum friend was just unlucky to run into some security personnel when he tried to go up to his room with a lady. Or perhaps the lady was dressed too provocatively to be mistaken for anything other then a working girl.

Be that as it may. It was nice of you to post about this hotel. Should be some load off a few minds.

Cheers

JSF

Orpheus
05-01-04, 18:35
Movenpricks!

Having praised said hotel before I now find out that 'security' guards now charge 100 Dirhams to take lady up to room. Also, they've ruined the bar by not letting ladies in there at all. (Otherwise, why are there never any when I pass by?)

All in all, not a great return to DXB for yours truly - even my fave Chechen babe has had to leave in a hurry. But while there's York there's still hope, as Churchill once said.

Member #1263
05-02-04, 14:54
Hi guys..does any one know if the new Grand Hyatt has become more guest friendly...when I stayed there about seven months back there were 'men in black' security guards all over the lobby!!

Big Jul
05-04-04, 15:20
JSF,

I am inclined to think that provocatively dressed ladies are more likely to be the cause of refusal at Millenium Airport hotel than discrimination, although I would not rule it out.

I have seen the odd working girl in 'Biggles Bar' but they are discreet both in the way they behave and dress. I think that they occasionally drift over the road from Jules Bar at Le Meridien.

I have regularly seen hotel guests in the bar with someone they have picked up and brought back for a drink prior to the action (or maybe it is their own way of diverting hotel suspicions) but in every case it has been white guys.

I will let other members draw their own conclusions.

Big Jul

Sporadic
05-05-04, 08:55
Movenpick and Orpheus
Also, they've ruined the bar by not letting ladies in there at all. If this is so, it is a real shame. There were never a whole lot of ladies in the bar, but probably 5 to 7 there on a good night, and generally of quite good quality, including a few real stunners. I only hope this is a temporary burst of moralism, as this hotel was well placed and friendly.

Cheers,

Sporadic

Albalad
05-10-04, 18:09
All,

I've been recently to the Millenium (the wing where Arab Emirates takes its guests for one night stayovers). Managed to get a chinese piece up by the lift and had a really good couple fo hours. We then went out to eat and trying to sneak back up, we were stopped and she was refused entry. So these things change with time, hence the need to have up to date onfo on all hotels.

Wlman
05-14-04, 15:34
All,

I am traveling to Dubai in the first week of June 2004 and would like to know if the Metropolitan Palace Hotel (Al Maktourm street) is guest friendly.

Thanks in advance

Eric Emp
05-16-04, 20:44
Lork is not a Guest Friendly Hotel.

Yesterday I was not allowed to take the lady to my room.

Al2
05-17-04, 06:55
I am planing to visit Dubai in end of this month and like to know if Hotel Intercontinental, Dubai is guest friendly?

Any news about Hyyat Regency guest policy.

SkinnyJ
05-17-04, 08:39
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Sofitel at Deira City Centre is guest-friendly? My other choice is the Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers.

Rgds,

Jeff

Neel Down
05-17-04, 09:51
WLMAN,

I was at this place 2 weeks ago and it was not Guest friendly then. I bought a girl back at around 1an and they would not let her in! Really pissed me off. I had to pay her for the night (Mug that I am) and go home ALONE.

Next time I will stay somewhere else.

I suggest you check before you book

JustSumFun
05-17-04, 12:43
Eric-Emp
Lork is not a Guest Friendly Hotel.

Yesterday I was not allowed to take the lady to my room.I guess you mean the York. Well mate if you go back in the archives you will see that a lot of guys, including myself, have mentioned that the York was not Guest friendly. Sorry to hear that you could not take a lady up to your room. But that was to be expected at the York.

Hope to see you tomorrow at the York club at the time we fixed up.

Justfun

Rad11
05-18-04, 13:48
Hi,

I stayed at York last year and they were very bad not freindly at all, but if you have unfinshed business you can go to Rush Inn across the street. They have very good rates and they are very freindly.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Neel Down
05-19-04, 19:51
I had some feedback about the Metropolitan from other members. They said that as long as you tip the security guy's 10AED your are OK. Don't talk to them just say hi and shake their hand with a 10ARD bill

Sporadic
05-28-04, 10:36
Sofitel City Centre remains friendly, however, I did see two "fill-in-the-blank-istans" being given the passport business when I was returning around midnight. Two independent confirmations from ladies show this trend. After midnight, expect a minimal passport-copy hassle.

They also reported several 5 star hotels asking for the 120 Dh. "guest" payment and registration, including the Meridian Airport hotel.

IMHO, slipping 100 Dhs. to the Concierge would probably obviate the need for any formalities at all, for the entire duration of your stay.

Bono
05-28-04, 12:15
The York is extremely girl unfriendly.Mongers have been warning on this board about this. Its owned by Indians who keep an eye on every girl and every penny they make. I am American of East Indian descent so I was able to sneak in a girl by bribing the guy 20 dirhams and asking him in broken Urdu to let me slide. I always stay at the Le Merieden fairway not to be confused with the main Le Meridien . The one I am talking about is by the Chillis' restaurant and the car dealers. This is a fairly new hotel and a lot of cab drivers dont know about it. It is extremely girl freindly and as a matter of fact one of their staffers escorted a girl who was coming in to meet me right up to my room.That was probably because he knew me and that was nice of him

Irish Lad
06-03-04, 13:28
Hi,

Spent a week at the Al Bustan Rotana hotel near the airport. No problems here. The usual passport/visa photocopy stuff along with a call to the girls mobile for confirmation for guest security. All being done with an apology for the delay.

I tipped the "head of security" 160 Dirhams as I left at 5am Sunday morning.

5 visits during the week, 1 of which was a double.

Irish Lad

Faisal
06-18-04, 13:40
Hi,

I am planning visit Dubai in mid July and would appreciate if you could let us know of a travelling agent who would get us the best rates at Ramada Bur Dubai.

Faisal

Al2
06-19-04, 07:24
Faisal,

Try these links for hotels:

http://www.southtravels.com/middleeast/uae/ramadahoteldubai/index.html

http://www.asiatravel.com/uae/uae.html

It is summer now so you will find hotels with very low price.

Jack S
06-20-04, 16:15
I have used asiatravel.com before and I have a few mates who have as well. They are very professional and quick. Everything is done by net and e-mail. I have checked their prices against other sites and the hotel sites themselves and they are great value for the money. The only thing I will say is that if you are looking for a specific type of room you may not have much luck with them, as I am sure that they have a set allotment of a type of room which gets discounted and is prepaid (by you). That being said, they normally offer some great deals with very good service. I will definitely use them again.

Cool Nomad
06-21-04, 06:19
Faisal:

This is in reference to Ramada Burdubai where I had a number of pleseant experiences before. I don't know where you are travelling from, but if you are flying emirates they have good rates on Ramada Burdubai on "Dubai stopovers". Try emirates.com and happy hunting!

El Mujerista
06-26-04, 16:50
faisal and cool nomad,

i've recommended the ramada bur dubai earlier and stand by that. i recently completed another trip to dubai which included this hotel, and i'm pleased to report it remains very girl-friendly. the location is great, as it's within easy walking distance of the imperial palace, rockafellas and york. (there were also loads of streetwalkers on the corner across from york and the regent plaza, though nothing i would touch.)

i've also done well at the rumours night club there, which is frequented by cis and on my last trip was heavy with kyrgistanis. this can be especially handy if you arrive on one of the later flights into dxb, as it's open to 03:00 and there's no cover if you're a hotel guest.

also, the hotel now has high speed internet. there's a catch, though -- you can only use a browser. it will not give you a direct tcp/ip link for outlook or other client. it's supposed to cost 50 aed/day, though they forgot to charge me.

also, the network jack was far away from the desk, though the hotel will provide a sufficiently long cable on request. it didn't matter to me as i normally travel with a small belkin wi-fi access point (since i've run into this sort of thing before).

as far as best rates, you can book a reasonable price on the internet at travelnow.com, but i've always just called the hotel to make a reservation directly. you can get their number on their website at www.ramadadubai.com.

happy hunting,

em

El Mujerista
06-26-04, 17:26
hotel report: jw marriott, dubai

coordinates:
abu baker al siddique road, adjacent to the hamarain shopping center
(very close to the airport; you'll likely see planes taking off directly overhead)
phone: +971-4-262-4444 fax: +971-4-262-6264
international toll-free: +1-800-228-9290
web page: http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshacode=dxbae

comments:
nice place, extremely girl-friendly. no one batted an eye on the three occasions i brought in "guests," in fact the staff was quite cordial about everything. it's not exactly close to the action, though, and while it's easy enough to get to the vital spots like bur dubai and cyclone, i also noticed that taxi fares in dubai have risen a bit over the past year. in fact, a general rise in prices in the uae -- especially dubai -- seemed quite a conversation matter among the locals.

an earlier report mentioned there is a separate entrance to the left of the main entrance, leading to another wing of the hotel between the main section and the hamarain shopping center. there is an entrance there, but it appeared to be closed not only at night but perhaps always, as i saw it blocked off as i left about 08:30 one morning. little matter, since as noted above one need not worry about bringing in company (as long as everyone remains discreet, of course).

the hotel has great high-speed internet access, though some adult sites are blocked (fortunately, www.wsgforum.com is not!). this is available in variable packages, from 75 aed for 24 hours, 45 aed for 12 hours, and (i think) 30 aed for four hours or so.

a fine place. my favourite remains the ramada dubai (though high-speed internet there is quirky, as noted in another post), but if business demands you stay at the jw marriott, you should have a good time.

happy hunting,

em

Albalad
06-28-04, 18:52
Dear all,

Time we had another update. What about lower priced hotels, in and around York (but not York). Name the best 5 girl friendly places?

Shostakovich
06-30-04, 18:00
1. The One & Only Royal Mirage Palace

just a short info about the hotel.

The hotel is 100 % girl friendly, no problems it all, and for me the main advantage - no walk of shame thru the reception area.

On the right side next to the main entrance is a second door!

All girls I have taken from York or Cyclone are not asking for higher prices because of the area. But gentlemen like you should pay a taxi far of 50 DH.

Only problem is that 2 of 3 girls where afraid of using official taxi in front of the hotel because of some discriminations and loosing all money to the driver since hookers are out of law for them.

They were really afraid of this and did not want to leave the room until next morning 9 a.m.!!!

Learned the all girls have own private taxi they call in order to save money or feel secured but most of the drivers were 5 a.m. not available.

This I mentioned in case girls will argue with the long distance to Jumeira Beach and asking for a higher price at the meat market.

After one week staying in this hotel I can proof that the disco club is definitely no pick up place.

Maybe there are hookers but all of them booked in advance from the Saudi people which coming in groups to spend the Weekend there.

The disco club itself is a very nice place with (in depend from the day) many nice girls but mainly local people or Saudi’s and some tourists from the hotel.

Especially on Wednesday's and Thursday's a very nice party is starting there. Monday it's closed!!!

2. Intercontinental Creek

Would somebody provide with info about the Intercontinental Creek Hotel (girl friendly + walk of shame???). Since I have been twice in a restaurant there, found almost a lot of action in the lobby in front of the disco and the pup as well.
Saw many CIS girls coming in at around 11 p.m.

By the way I recommend the fish market restaurant in the second floor.

Shostakovich

P.S.

Thanks to JustSumFun for the support and hope next time we can hook up for a beer.

JustSumFun
07-01-04, 12:21
Shostakovic
Thanks to JustSumFun for the support and hope next time we can hook up for a beer.It was my pleasure mate. And for sure we will have that beer the next time you are in Dubai. Excellent information about the hotel.

Albalad: Hotels in and around the York area would have to be the Admiral Plaza, The Dallas Hotel, just opposite to the Admiral Plaza, and the Astoria Hotel, very close to both these hotels. For your guide the Admiral Plaza is in a lane going right, when you walk right from the York towards the Ascot Hotel. Once in this lane you will see the Dallas Hotel and the Astoria hotel further on.

You take the 3rd right turn and you should spot the Admiral Plaza. This Hotel has a nice, small pub called the Victory bar. It attracts some talent too, although the quality could be anything from 3 to 6 on a scale of 10. But you could always strike lucky. Astoria hotel has the famous TGIT pub. So no need for any information there.

Justfun

Al2
07-03-04, 10:51
Shostakovic,

Intercontinentail at Creek is girl friendly. I stayed there last month and had no problem. However I called one girl in the day time and she was stopped by the security for visa copy and it was charged to my room (120 AED). It was my mistake. Because later I found if the girl is coming with you there is no problem with the security.

Regarding the girls regular to the Hotels I obsereved they have connections with the security. I picked one beautiful Ukranien from the KuBu bar and the girl took my room number and asked to wait in my room. I went to my room and she apperead in five minutes.

In another ocassions I took one girl from KuBu Bar and she walked with me. No problems with security and not charged to my room. Same when I brought one from Cyclone and one from Hayyat

In my 3 night stay I banged 5 ladies.

Stirling
07-07-04, 03:09
Just for everyones info, I was in Dubai 2 months ago and stayed at the Shangra-La hotel. Absoluely no problems with getting ladies up to the room. Saw quite a few and on two occasions, had 2 CIS ladies follow me up without any hassle.

Great large rooms as well. Very much recommended.

Stirling

Virginia Kid
07-07-04, 14:30
I am making my first trip to Dubai next week and have been booked into the Emirates Towers Hotel by my company. I have reviewed all the hotel postings and can't seem to find any information on the Emirates Towers. Can someone provide me with the appropriate details; i.e. is the hotel girl friendly, close to anything interesting, etc.?

BTW genlemen, I have really enjoyed your postings. Keep up the good work and I look forward to a FR of my own upon my return.

Member #1263
07-08-04, 07:05
hi VK, I did notice some security near to the elevators every time I went there. However not sure about their babes policy. They do have a nice club n the top floor, with some classy babes!.

Suga Dady 31
07-09-04, 08:59
Dear Friends,

Just to drop a line that Al-Bustan Rotana at the airport has started to charge 200 dirhams extra if you bring in a babe with you.

This is their stupid policy now and I wasnt impressed with their attitude either.

I wasn't the only one complaining as I had two fellows alongside me with guests who were bitching about this new rule.

Anybody else expereinced this lately?

Ciao

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to capitalize the word "I". To avoid future delays, please use a capital "I" to refer to yourself in future reports. Thanks!

Ryann
07-12-04, 09:11
Hey guys,

Just a note on girl friendly hotels in Dubai. I always stay at the Towers Rotana hotel and have never had a problem with bringing ladies back to my room. The hotel is four star and has all the usual ammenities. The hotel is located on Sheikh Zayed Road in the same neihbourhood as the Emmirates Towers, Crown Plaza and the Dubai World Trade Center. Its only 10 minutes to the airport which is a great plus factor and is about a AED 25 - 35 cab ride to the hot spots in Dubai.

Ryann

Irish Lad
07-12-04, 17:36
Hello all,

This is bad news about the al Bustan Rotana. Not only did I recommend it in my report here, but I have just confirmed a 10 night stay with them in September.

Any updates on this matter would be most appreciated.

Irish Lad

Member #1263
07-13-04, 07:18
Ryan....there are night cops patrolling that area all the time near the towers rotana hotel as well, especially in the parking area.

Irish Lad
07-13-04, 21:41
Hello

Re: Change in Al Bustan Rotana Hotel policy.

I called the hotel myself and the following is the new policy.

If the escort comes in to the hotel alone to your room there is a charge.

If you meet the escort in "car park or elsewhere" then there is no charge.

Let's wait and see.

Irish Lad

Prince21
08-06-04, 13:07
Dear Guys,

I apreciate your feedback on Sharjah Hotels? Any problems in the Sharjah Beach hetels to get ladies in?

Also any idea about Sheraton 4 ponits in Dubai?

Appreciate your feedback.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to correctly spell the words "you", "are" and "because". To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using "u" instead of "you", "r" instead or "are", "em" instead of "them", and "cuz" instead of "because", etc. Thanks!

Jack S
08-07-04, 14:40
Member #1523

My last trip to Dubai I stayed at the Sheraton 4 Points in Bur Dubai and this hotel was extremely visitor-friendly. I walked in with singles and a double one evening and had no issues. I also had one lady meet me at the hotel and she had no problems getting up to the room either. It is a short walk to the York, Rockafella's and Imperial Suites. There is internet with computers in some rooms, although they are running Windows 98 (not even SE) and it is really clunky. There is an internet cafe across the street in a small mall (has a good italian restaurant in it), but it is not great service either. Rates were ok, but I would book through www.asiatravel.com or www.southtravels.com to get a better rate through pre-payment.

Faisal78
08-10-04, 07:49
Hi, there is lot of info here about Ascot hotel to find plenty of babes there.

But can anybody please tell me is this hotel is a girl Friendly as i will be staying in this hotel from 25-30 August.

Only my second time in Dubai, needs your help.

Adimondo
08-12-04, 12:59
Hi Albalad,

Try Panorama Hotel opposite Ramada in Bur Dubai. Walking distance to the hot spots. They charged me 200 Dhs last March including breakfast and tax. Definitely escort friendly. If you take a lady upstairs they only put additional 50 Dhs on your bill, no further questions.

Enjoy!

Ruofsam
08-14-04, 08:06
This is to confirm that the JW Marriott is girl friendly; at least this was the case in January. Picked up an Iranian girl from the café next to the eleveators. Excellent service, GFE and great body. if I am not mistaken, her name is Mariam. She was there with what seemed to be another Iranian. I have noticed many hotel guests coming in with girls with no problems at all.

Irish Hunter
08-15-04, 10:42
Member #2407

How did you manage to pick up an Iranian bird? I thought that would be pretty dangerous? Having said that, did you get her phone number? and was her friend up for some also?

I haven't been to Dubai for a long long time but may fit in a few days after my trip to Doha this week

Punter SA
08-17-04, 21:12
Hi there,

Has anyone here stayed at the Taj Palace Hotel? I am making a trip to Dubai soon and plan to stay there so I need to know whether I will have any hassle taking ladies up to my room.

Ever Ready
08-19-04, 14:23
Punter SA,

Bit of a bummer! The TPHotel is the only completely dry hotel in Dubai, run for the sake of good honest moslems.

I don't rate your chances of doing much mongering there. Better to try to change location if you can.

ER

Mahku
08-22-04, 07:59
I was in Al Bustan in May and brought a girl in with no problem. If there's a change in policy it's been since then.

Punter SA
08-22-04, 19:37
Hi,

Which is the best 5-star hotel that someone can recommend for mongering? I would prefer something closer to the city. I have stayed at the Jumeirah Beach hotel previously and that place was too far away from most of the venues mentioned here.

I was also wondering if anyone here has had valuables stolen from their rooms by ladies who have spent the night with them in Dubai.

Cheers

Irish Lad
08-24-04, 03:58
To Punter SA.

The Dubai Marine Beach Resort may suit you ibased on where you stayed last

Failing any real info:-.

Al Bustan Rotana has pool and is well located.
Intercontinental is central to everywhere.
Hyatt Regency has "Premiere" on its doorstep.

Tell us what you want and activate your PM.

Irishlad

Mahku
08-24-04, 06:38
A few months back someone mentioned the Rihab Rotana. This place is good if you have your own car. They have an underground parking garage where you can catch an elevator directly to your room without passing the lobby. I've never seen any staff manning this entrance. I don't know how they are if you try to walk a girl in through the lobby since I never needed to try it. The room rate has usually been around 270 without breakfast. This place also has microwaves and washing machines in the room.

Has anybody heard anything lately about guest friendliness at the Holiday Inn Deira? I'll be staying there this weekend.

Sporadic
08-24-04, 08:48
Best? Well, the Movenpick and the Ramada Continental are close to the hot spots, but I would describe neither as a really good 5 star. The Movenpick has also turned unfriendly according to reports. If you make friends with the Paki mustashioed doormen at the Ramada, they will even pass your room number to "end of the evening" ladies. This means you may get a strange knock on your door at 2am, not always welcome, but sometimes a treat!

As mentioned by another member, almost any 5 star hotel will let you get on with your "business" as long as you are reasonably discreet and do not try and waltz in, half-in-the-bag, with a couple of 18 yo´s on your arm.

I have never had anything stolen from my room. I do, however, make use of the in-room safe and remove temptation. YMMV.

Cheers,

Sporadic

Pussy Raider
08-25-04, 09:46
Hi Friends,

I am passing through Dubai 3rd week for Spetember, this would be my first visit, I am travelling by Emirates, to US and plan to be in Dubai on the return an dhave a stop over. There is this deal that you can pay US$ 55, for visa, stay and airport pick up/drop for one day. So planning to take that for couple of days and enjoy the stay.

I would appreciate if any of you could advice on how this works exactly and do we get to choose the place of stay and if so what would be the ideal place to do some shopping as well as indulge well in the hobby!

Thanks in advance

PR

Wild76
08-26-04, 15:48
Hi everyone,

What are the extra charges if you bring a babe for the night at the legendary Admiral Plaza ?

Bizzie
08-27-04, 01:59
Pussy Raider,
You can go to the Emirates website and pick your hotel (3-5 stars).
Of course the rates are higher for the 5-stars.
I have used their stopover package everytime I have been in DXB, and I think it's a good deal. You get a good rate plus roundtrip private car from the airport.

Places to hobby? Just read last 10 pages!

BodyRockerForU
08-30-04, 10:48
Hello Friends,

I shall be in DXB for a day/evening. Can you suggest a 5 Star Hotel preferably with a Night Club. How is Hyatt Regency / Grand Hyatt ? Any idea of Tariff and are they guest friendly?

Does J.W.Marriot has a Night Club ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

BR

Steve W
09-01-04, 00:59
Hi BodyRockerForU,

Earlier this year, Feb/Mar, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt and found this not to be friendly to 'guests'. However, it is a very nice hotel with excellent pool/spa facilities.

Cheers,

SW

BodyRockerForU
09-05-04, 07:56
Steve, thanks for your reply.

I am already booked now in Grand Hyatt. I read in Dubai forum that some punters managed to get their dates in the room. Gives me a feeling that at times it is friendly and at times not, also depends on the individual on duty at that time.

BR

Lotor58
09-08-04, 16:28
Which hotel in Bur Dubai is the best value for money? Is Regal and Panorama Hotel guest friendly? I am trying to book a room there and they seem to always be fully booked. might give some the apartment hotels a try but they seem to be all far from the action. We need to do poll on which hotel is the best punter hotel.

Panorama Hotel
Regal Hotel
Ramada
York
Rush Inn
Regent
Movenpick
Imperial Suites

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to capitalize proper names. To avoid delays in future reports, please capitalize the first letters of proper names, including names of people, places, countries, cities, streets, nationalities, etc. Thanks!

El Mujerista
09-09-04, 04:03
Lotor58,

From your list, I'm only familiar with the Ramada Bur Dubai (there are two Ramadas in Dubai) on Mankhool Rd. Very girl-friendly, great location, highly recommended. (Many of the others you mentioned are notably not girl-friendly, e.g., York and Movenpick).

Now that the search function is working again you can check out a number of favourable posts about this place.

Happy Hunting,
EM

Bono
09-09-04, 08:58
Well if you stay at the York ,you just have to go up to the bar for the girls.It is cheap I think something like about 55-65 dollars a night.Again not a good hotel to stay in,I personally would not stay there,but if price is your consideration by all means this is a ok hotel.Imperial suite sucks as my buddy was unlucky enough to be booked there,they dont let gilrs in.

Rad11
09-09-04, 11:13
YORK dont allow any one in the elivatoer dont even think about it.

RAMADA near york is much beter and they have rumers club very freindly hotel

Faisal78
09-09-04, 11:24
Lotor58

Try Astoria Hotel in Bur Dubai, it is very near to the hotels that are in your list.

Panorma will ask for Visa copy and might chare 50 Dirhams for taking a lady into your room.

As for the York, try to avoid this if you want to bring a girl to your room, they will not let her in.

Also use the search option, this will also give you some more help.

FAISAL78.

HectorG
09-09-04, 20:07
El M...
Just wanted to say thanks again for your recommendation of Ramada Bur Dubai. See my FR in Dubai board. Still very girl-friendly and the Rumors bar is a good scene too but starts much later. If you go before midnight, it's empty.

ExpatCat
09-18-04, 04:58
Hi Guys,
It looks like I'm visiting DXB at the beginning of October for GITEX and the Scorpions concert. My usual haunt, Ramada Continental is fully booked and I'm staying in the Princess Hotel. I've searched the forum, but no posts on the hotel. Does anyone have any info as to if it's 'guest friendly' or if it has anything going for it. I believe it's part of the Ramee Group.
Cheers,

Expatcat

blah
09-22-04, 19:53
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to know that if Sun and Sand is girl freindly.

ThX

Faisal
09-24-04, 10:41
We will be visiting Dubai in mid november for a long pleasure weekend. We stayed last time at the Ramada Bur Dubai and found it to be most appropriate. However, for the sake of change we wanted to know if there are any other girl friendly hotels which any of you would care to recommend.

Prince21
09-25-04, 13:44
Also, any idea if Novotel and Ibis a hotel friendy?

Lotor58
09-26-04, 08:40
Any idea if any of these hotel apartments are guest friendly?

GOLDEN SANDS APARTMENT (1-10)

SAVOY SUITES APARTMENT

Winchester hotel appartment

London crown hotel & Appartment

Cheers

Lotor

JustSumFun
09-27-04, 13:20
Hello mates,

An update on the Al Shams Hotel Apartments in the Golden Sands area. A fellow forum member was a guest there recently and advised that there was absolutely no problem with guests. I went to visit our friend there and was impressed with the size of the accomodation. Thought not as classy as a 5* hotel room it was extremely comfortable. Our friend had a one bedroom apartment with a huge living room.

The bedroom had attached bath and there was another bathroom in the living area as well. Good place to have a small party if we keep a low profile and dont ruffle any feathers. Room rate was 250 dhs per day.

Jusfun

Faisal
09-29-04, 11:22
Hi,

I will appreciate it if some one can post more information regarding Al Shams apartments mentioned in JSF's report. I would like to know the location and rent details.

Regards

Faisal

Q Music
09-29-04, 17:49
Hi guys,

I'm having an Over Night in DXB and Emirates Issued me a Voucher for Le Meridian Hotel, guys please I need more info. On is it guest friendly and how can I get a lady up to my room in that hotel. Many roumers about diffeculities.

But I need a "Bullet Proof" Advice on that hotel

Please Advice.

Thank you guys

Q

Worf1972
09-30-04, 01:46
OK FELLAS here's a suggestion, call or e-mail the hotel. Indicate to them that your business partners in Dubai are females ( in my case this was true ).

Ask " will they be harrassed if they come to your room late at night to finish work??" Fact being USA work hours was during day time, while UAE time was at night.

Steve Dubai
09-30-04, 08:17
Q Music,

There are quite a few Meridien Hotels in Dubai, not sure which one you are referring to:

1/Royal Meridien Jumeriah Beach
2/Meridien Mina Siyahi
3/Meridien Hotel (Next to Airport)
4/Meridien Dar Al Sandos
5/Merdien Faiways

plus one or two others I forget.

1, 2, 3 are GF, but 1 & 2 are way out of town for P4P action. No. 3 has a long walk of shame through the lobby.

4 is reported to be GF and definatly close to the action.

5 - no reports.

RedBaron2
09-30-04, 11:21
Q Music:

If it is "Le Meridien Dubai" Hotel, close to the airport, it is quite friendly.
Never had problems. The lounge is quite large and you can get to the rooms through the pool garden, out of sight.
There is also a convenient backdoor entrance, on the side of "Le Meridien Village", where all the restaurants are.
There you will also find "Jules Bar", a pub with a nice philipino band, with a decent selection of working ladies, mostly CIS.

Red

JustSumFun
09-30-04, 11:53
Faisal
Hi,

I will appreciate it if some one can post more information regarding Al Shams apartments mentioned in JSF's report. I would like to know the location and rent details.

Regards

FaisalWell you can choose between a studio and one bedroom apartments. Unlike the hotels you wont get a mini fridge full of drinks so you have to have your on arrangement. The one bedroom apartment that our friend stayed at was quite spacious. But as I said it is not a 5* place. Just an apartment building with normal apartment facilities.

The rates. Now that is a tough one. Our friend paid 250 dhs per day. But he was here from sunday to wednseday That means weekdays. On weekends the rates could be higher. Due to Gitex and the Scorpion concert the rates could be higher. One member from the forum took the contact number etc from me and called up to book for next week (Gitex week) and was told it is all booked up. He asked the rate for information and was told 400 dhs.

So depending on the situation the rate fluctuates.

Hope this is some help.

Justfun

BodyRockerForU
10-01-04, 07:21
Friends, just wanted to update abourt Sheraton Deira.

Stayed at Sheraton Deira. Cost 625 Dh inclusive of taxes (without Breakfast ). The rooms are just allright and nothing great about them. However I can say now that it is Girl Friendly.

In the night I had an hour before the flight , so went down to the Disco of Sheraton Deira. It is situated just outside the hotel and the entrance is free for hotel guest.

The place was flooded with girls, almost double the number of guys. Mostly from CIS but also few Chinese. Quality mostly 6-7 but few 8's also.

On my way back I saw few hotel guest bringing the girls back to the hotel and the security just asked for copy of residence permit of the girls and let them in.

It was simple the girl would just go to a small shop on the left of lobby to make photocopy of her papers and hand over the same to security and off they went to the room with the guests.

BR

Worf1972
10-01-04, 22:07
Curious is this the same Sheraton as posted below some time back?:

This place is extremely girl friendly, I encountered no problems at all
from security or reception, when bringing a girl back.

I wasn't the only one who was there for some fun, when I was checking in
a CIS walked up next to me and asked the recptionist for her client, the
receptionist just pointed her in the right direction, no papers or
questions asked for.

One important thing, if you don't like getting watched walking in to your
room with a girl, then choose a high floor (I took one on the 6th floor).
Basically in the lobby, where there is seating for guests to relax, they
can see the first 4 floors worth of all the doors as they look up and
around.

Apart from that there are two ways to the lifts at the back of the hotel
to get to your room. As you enter the hotel if you go left, then you walk
round to the hair salon, restaurants and then to the lift. If you walk
through the middle (Sofa Seating and tables) you will most likely get
spotted by other guests. If you walk to your right you will have to go
past the reception desks and then hit the lifts. Well rather than walk on
the left and probably get stopped and asked to go to sign her in (never
happened), I chose to walk by reception everytime with the girl

BodyRockerForU
10-02-04, 08:46
Worf, Sheraton Dubai Creek and Sheraton Deira are different properties.

BR

Irish Lad
10-03-04, 17:46
Hello all,

I have just returned from 11 nights in Dubai and confirm that the Al Bustan Rotana beside the airport is still very friendly.

I returned accompanied to the hotel on 9 nights at times ranging from 11.00pm to 3.30am without once been stopped. Not even for photocopies of visas etc.

Irishlad

Worf1972
10-05-04, 01:06
Is the post below I stated still true about the sheaton creek?
Still bring girls in that way?

Nice Guy 99
10-05-04, 04:14
I'm a few months old on this Worf but it doesn't seem to be a problem to bring GFs into the Creek.

Porthos
10-07-04, 08:27
Hi all,

Heading up to Dubai from NZ for a few days in Jan. Any of the Emirates related (as in their short break) hotels gurl friendly?

I will post a note on the other forum so I can catch up with other mongerers.

Cheers in advance.

Toni Tiikeri
10-10-04, 08:53
Hi,

I am back in Dubai later this month and this time staying at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah. Any comments on the hotel, wheather its girl friedly and if they have any girls going around there. If not whats the closest bar to visit.

Last time I was in Crowne plaza and I have to say that the partying at the night club downstares was wild even at western standards. Finally met a nice African nubian queen there and took here up to my room, no problems.

Had really fun, fun fun for the whole night and re-run in the morning, all for 100 Eur which I found very reasonable.

Comments and advice are appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Bizzie
10-11-04, 05:53
toni,
hilton dubai jumeirah is girl-friendly, based on my one stay there. plenty of girlie traffic, but mostly from outside (other clubs). i am not sure of the action in the hotel itself.

it was my impression that zinc at crowne plaza only allowed couples to go in. may be greasing the security man's palm is helpful, i'm sure.

does anyone know of a few hotels with high-speed access in the room?
thank you.

Steve Dubai
10-11-04, 06:49
bizzie,

if you stay at the crowne plaza you can get in the club, whether your with a girl or not.

in terms of internet access, i know grand hyatt, emirates towers and probably most of the 5 * hotels have high speed internet access.

for more reasonable priced hotels, try the ramada bur dubai (they have recently renovated thier rooms). the sheraton 4pts club floor rooms have a pc with internet access in the room (never checked if there is a plug for a laptop), but i think its isdn, not adsl.

Jack S
10-11-04, 22:04
Computers at Four Points are a bit wonky as they are using Windows 98. As well, you can't just plug in your laptop as there is a client application that has to be activated prior to your use. Ramada Bur Dubai's system is better and the rooms have a nice work area as well.

Meshal
10-12-04, 12:15
Went to Dubai last weekend and decided to stay at The Ramada Bur Dubai hotel which is very girl friendly. The hotel has a club called rumors which has a mix of CIS , Turkish, and African girls. If you decide to stay at the hotel you don't have to pay the cover charge for the club and get a drink for free.

The best thing about staying at the hotel is that you have stairs connecting all the floors to the club side entrance , so its like having your own VIP entry ,in which any girl that sees you coming out of the side door instantly knows that you live in the hotel and the LT rates drop.

Also when you pick up the girl you can tell her what room your in and you can walk up the stairs to your room so you don't have to go through the walk of shame, The only thing the hotel requires is a copy of her passport. On another positive note the hotel is ideal for picking up SW which are just across the street. Not to mention york , Rockeffelas and TGIT are 5-10 minutes walking .

The Ideal hotel for Mongering

Bizzie
10-12-04, 16:44
Before I go and screw up my reservations, aren't there 2 Ramadas in Dubai?
Is the Bur Dubai Ramada, the one with 'split level' rooms as shown on their website?

El Mujerista
10-12-04, 17:33
Bizzie,

Yes, there are two Ramadas in Dubai. I don't know about the second one, but the one preferred by myself and many others is the Ramada Bur Dubai, on Mankhool Rd. They do feature "split" level rooms, and the Rumours night club is often a good hunting ground for CIS. Their website is at www.ramadadubai.com.

Happy Hunting,
EM

Wolfram
10-13-04, 06:15
I stayed at the Ramada Bur Dubai this weekan and i must tell you that Meshal right about everything he states in hes report below.

The securety guard in the lobby was joking about the number of passpoert copies he had to make and that I should start to brinng the same girl. No extra charges to the bill when I left.

Also the hotel have nice and spacieus rooms, and excelent location for hobbying. Paid 480 dh pr. night but I do not know if this as good price or not. Didn't realy check any other places after seeing the earlier recomandations on the forum.

Wolfram

Al2
10-13-04, 07:09
Bizzie,

Both Ramada are girl friendly. One is Ramada Continental and other one is known as Ramada. The first one is near the airport and the second one is in Bur Dubai.

Only drawback with Ramada Continental is they may ask for the visa copy for the girl.

Irish Hunter
10-13-04, 07:32
Stayed at the Al Bustan Rotana Hotel on Monday night

Checked in after midnight, so went straight down to Oxygen.

Place was full of local guys who seemed to be seriously in love with themselves, and in possession of a real lack of manners.

One guy wanted to feel the arse of every woman that walked past him - didn't seem to care whether it was a 'service provider' or girlfriend/wife

Happy to say he was asked to leave the premises by security

I stayed for a couple of beers and have to say that although quantity was fairly low, quality was very high thus creating a sellers market

Drank up and went to bed...off to Abu Dhabi today for two days so will see what happens there

Dany75
10-13-04, 10:56
Feel disappointed. Used to go to same AMP in BJ/New Spinneys area anytime I popped in Dubai. One short call to Liza, she knew me, it was very convenient. Chinese/Beijing girls only. Amazing service for reasonable price. 150 aed for not-so-great- massage but what followed was ALWAYS amazing. The problem is that thay have relocated to after garhoud bridge in direction to Sharjah, too crowded roads. I end up loosing too much time “commuting”, as I need to count 3h return just for the transport sometimes. I think I’ll have to check out for some other places. Of course this is not a problem, but I really doubt I’ll get same quality.

I do understand the girls who move outside the BJ area. Rents there are too expensive, and girls can no longer cope. This is why I see a tendency in girls moving the other side of town (Deira)….I keep you posted of beauties from BJ area as I cannot allow myself to go and waste time commuting to the other part of the town, as when i travel to Dxb it is always for a few days.

Bizzie
10-13-04, 23:46
Damn it!
I was trying to make reservations through Emirates for the Ramada mentioned below, but the hotel is no longer available through them
Called the hotel, but they are booked, for now and told me to call later.
Something about an exhibition in November (The Big Five?)

How is the Novotel? Nice? Fancy? Friendly?

Rene02
10-29-04, 15:32
Hi,

I'm about to book the hotel for my next trip early next year, and wanted to stay at the Hyatt Regency since I stayed there last time (2 yrs ago) and the club was full of nice ladies.

Some questions: is the hotel under renovation ? Is the club still a good hit and the hotel staff easy and friendly to let the girls go upstairs ?
What about the new Grand Hyatt ? Do they have a nice club, staff ok to let the girls go up ?
thanks for your info

Looly Bob
10-29-04, 20:37
1. Hyatt Regency is quite guest friendly (but you have to pay around 90 Dhs per night for taking up a guest to your room).

2. Premiere disco in Hyatt Regency still full of beautiful girls.

3. Note that the Hotel is under refinement process, so I suggest you to ask for higher floors room.

4. Grand Hyatt Dubai is NOT guest friendly.

Toni Tiikeri
11-01-04, 10:58
Hi,

Are there any problems with getting ladies with taxis from for example York and Cyclone to hotels? I am staying at Hilton Jumeirah Beach, is it far from the clubs?

Toni

Toni Tiikeri
11-01-04, 12:27
Hi,

What are the closest good clubs and pick up places near Hilton Jumeirah?

Toni

Oetziboy
11-03-04, 20:14
call ramada Bur Dubai, ask for Pius D'souza Tel: +971 4 3519999 tell him you was there last ....(whenever) and you will get what you want (I did so few days ago...) see you ...

Damn it!
I was trying to make reservations through Emirates for the Ramada mentioned below, but the hotel is no longer available through them
Called the hotel, but they are booked, for now and told me to call later.
Something about an exhibition in November (The Big Five?)

How is the Novotel? Nice? Fancy? Friendly?

Bizzie
11-03-04, 23:35
Thanks oetziboy.
I did finally get my reservations last week, but only the premiere rooms were available because of the big conventions. Anyway, I am just glad to the reservations.

burak
11-04-04, 12:54
Do you know about the Fairmont Hotel's visiting policy?

I will be there after the 15th.

And I hope to bring some friends back to my room from Cyclone and York :)

Thanks

Boofer
11-12-04, 08:45
Gentlemen,

I always stay at the Meridien by the airport. Very cozy, nice pool, great food, and MANY doors to enter, so i always take the back door to the hotel. and nobody asks anything.

what about the crown plaza? since now, no rooms at the Meridien. Advise please.

Bono
11-12-04, 10:01
I agree with Boofer.I stay there too and way too much acess there.I know of another little gem which is anothe LE Meridein and its called the Le Meridien Fairway.It is not very well known and it used to go by another name (Embassy Hotel),I think and it is rigth besides Chillis restaurant in AL Garhoud. That is a small hotel and the staff is friendly and did not bother me atall when I snuck up girls there

Bizzie
11-12-04, 19:49
For Late November/early December, Crowne Plaza and most of the Meridiens are sold out for direct bookings. Rooms may still be available through some agents/airlines/tour operators.
However most of these hotels have the higher class rooms still available for an additional $50-$150/day!

El Suave
11-21-04, 15:39
Any of you guys know if the furnished suites and apartments owned and operated by the likes of Le Meridien, Hilton and Marriott are girl friendly? These more spacious apts/suites are rented out weekly or monthly with slightly better rates than regular hotel rooms.

One of the them that comes to mind is Al Sondos, which is operated by Le Meridien. So can anyone throw any light on whether the 24 hours concierge in such establishments is girl freindly? Or is it that they rent you the apartment itself, but not the freedom that should go with it?

Boofer
11-24-04, 20:43
Are the Hilton hotels girl friendly? Can get a good discount at any of the hiltons, but to hell with it if not friendly!

Boofer
11-25-04, 15:27
All hotels fully booked. The only thing I got in Metropolitan palace. Please advise. Good????? girl friendly?

Caiman
11-25-04, 22:06
Dar Al Sondos was GF last time I and others were there.

Nice Guy 99
11-26-04, 04:22
I'm currently in Abu Dhabi but may need to drive over to Dubai for a few days the second week in December. My colleagues are staying at the Sheraton Dubai Creek (SDC). I haven't been there since summer and note that Worf reported in early October that the property was quite girl friendly.

I'm thinking about bringing the lovely Miss N (see AD thread) with me in the best "coals to Newcastle" tradition.

Has anyone stayed with a girl for several days recently in the SDC?

Do you think I need to register her since she'll be there day and night?

If so, can I anticipate problems registering with someone not my wife?

I'd hate to drag her over to DXB and then have a messy problem. Thanks for any insights!

Prince21
11-26-04, 11:18
Any one knows if IBIS or Novotel is Girl friendy?

Regards

ExpatCat
11-27-04, 05:15
Boofer,
If you stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek you can use the back entrance to get to the lifts and avoid the main door. It was 'friendly' last time I stayed there. Another 'benefit' is that they have a shuttle to the Jumeirah Hilton if you want to sit on the beach. The Creek Hilton is a very nice hotel as well, well appointed.

Good hunting.
Expatcat

Worf1972
11-28-04, 13:36

This place is extremely girl friendly, I encountered no problems at all
from security or reception, when bringing a girl back.

I wasn't the only one who was there for some fun, when I was checking in
a CIS walked up next to me and asked the recptionist for her client, the
receptionist just pointed her in the right direction, no papers or
questions asked for.

One important thing, if you don't like getting watched walking in to your
room with a girl, then choose a high floor (I took one on the 6th floor).
Basically in the lobby, where there is seating for guests to relax, they
can see the first 4 floors worth of all the doors as they look up and
around.

Apart from that there are two ways to the lifts at the back of the hotel
to get to your room. As you enter the hotel if you go left, then you walk
round to the hair salon, restaurants and then to the lift. If you walk
through the middle (Sofa Seating and tables) you will most likely get
spotted by other guests. If you walk to your right you will have to go
past the reception desks and then hit the lifts. Well rather than walk on
the left and probably get stopped and asked to go to sign her in (never
happened), I chose to walk by reception everytime with the girl.

Porthos
12-01-04, 05:41
Hiya chaps,

Just a quick question while we all wait for the next servings.

Anyone know whether the Millenium hotel near the airport accomodates working gurls?

Big Jul
12-03-04, 12:33
Hiya chaps,

Just a quick question while we all wait for the next servings.

Anyone know whether the Millenium hotel near the airport accomodates working gurls?

There have been conflicting reports on the friendliness of Millenium Airport Hotel, but from personal experience I have never had any problems. I always stay there as I like the hotel and staff and have used it regularly over the last 4 or five years. A few tips:

IMHO discretion is THE word at this hotel. They are tolerant of nightime activities as long as you don't flaunt it. I try and make sure that any girls I take back are not too tartily dressed or screaming drunk!

There are two different areas to the main hotel - The rooms in the hotel itself and then there are the lower standard garden chalets outside. I prefer to use the chalets (perfectly adequate standard in my view) because it means that you do not have to use the lifts to get to your room. However, personally I have not been approached when taking girls in the lift.

There are many different entrances to the hotel which can help to avert suspicions. There is the main front door, an entrance by the Italian Restaurant, the entrance via the old original hotel building and also you can get in from the other side through the Emirates transit wing. I suggest you do not try the drive in entrance to the Garden chalets as there is a permanent security presence there.

If you are driving (Not taxi) it is simple. Just use the underground car park and there is lift access direct to all floors.

I hope this helps. I will be there myself over the christmas period so would welcome your feedback after your stay.

Big J

Bangers & Mash
12-03-04, 21:16
Millennium Hotel does not allow guests. Use the search function.

Red Cruiser
12-04-04, 16:09
Recently stayed in the Crowne Plaza. At about 2 a.m. a chiming of the doorbell woke me. In the hallway were two Chinese girls, one exquisite, the one ringing my bell and knocking on the door; the other standing across the hall had a lovely figure but less attractive a face. Both were clearly working girls. While I was debating whether to open the door to explore this unexpected pair, an Egyptian gentleman jumped into view. He was waving at them with the piece of paper in his hand clearly saying, in effect, Oppps, Wrong Room. I relate this only to say that the Plaza obviously is equipped with "room service" or permits outside merchants to deliver wares in the hotel.

Red Cruiser

Big Jul
12-06-04, 11:06
Millennium Hotel does not allow guests. Use the search function.B & M

I appreciate your suggestion to use the search engine. I have tried this and does not return anything relevant to this hotel from the past. Before the software on this forum was changed, older posts gave some conflicting reports.

My comments in previous post, as stated, are based on many years experience of staying at Millenium Airport Hotel without any problems.

Would you care to share your source of information that this hotel does not allow guests?

Sway97
12-07-04, 14:39
Hey folks,

I'm struggling to get a reservation for next weekend since i have no idea what is 2nd or 3rd best to Ramada Bur Dubai. We should get a top 10 going based on "friendliness", night club/bar, and proximity to the best meat markets ! Would appreciate some suggestions.

Later!

Sway

Steve Dubai
12-08-04, 07:41
Sway,

Try the Sheraton 4 pts - a notch down from the Ramada in terms of quality of room, but certainly GF, just around the corner from the Ramada, so close to the main action

Travel Fool
12-08-04, 18:15
Fellas,

I will be at the Ramada Hilton Dubai the weekend of 19-23 JAN. Is this the same hotel as the Ramadi Bur Dubai? The website says this is the hotel w/ the nightclub Rumors that I have seen mentioned on here. What type of working girls are there at this place (CIS, Chinese, Arab, etc.)? I would really like an Arab after being in Iraq and Jordan for the past few months.

Thanks.

Sway97
12-11-04, 18:04
Thanks Steve Stx. Got myself into Sheraton 4 points. If anyone wants to hook up next weekend for some hunting in a pack. PM me!

El Mujerista
12-11-04, 21:36
Travel Fool, you're confusing two hotel chains -- Ramada and Hilton are separate companies. The hotel you're referring to with Rumours nightclub is the Ramada Bur Dubai on Mankhool Rd. I've written about it in some earlier posts in this forum. Generally you'll find CIS and some Africans there. I've never seen an Arab girl there.

Happy Hunting,
EM

Gatsby67
12-12-04, 10:14
I recently stayed at the Admiral Plaza Hotel in Bur Dubai and am pleased to report that it is girl-friendly. I booked my room with Hotel Club.com and requested a double room w/ queen size bed. This cost me about AED 363 per night, or just over USD $100 per night. Interestingly, I never was charged for bringing girls to my room, but upon my check-out I overheard an Asian fellow being charged $50 I think for what appeared to be his bringing a girl to his room. Only thing I could imagine was that he had booked a single room whereas I had booked a double.

Anyway, it's a 3 star hotel and is fine for shagging. It's a short walk to the various nightspots in Bur Dubai. I wasn't the only one actively mongering at this hotel. Just hanging out in the lobby in the evening for a few minutes was amusing.

In short, a positive recommendation and good value for money over the big international hotels. Negatives: No in room internet service.

Travel Fool
12-12-04, 12:30
I posted a few days back and confused my hotels. That is because I am staying at one of the Hiltons in Jumeirah for a few days and then coming down to the Ramada Bur Dubai in town. Thanks for the help and I will post results.

Sporadic
12-12-04, 14:54
Gatsby67
In short, a positive recommendation and good value for money over the big international hotels. Negatives: No in room internet service. I have no idea what it is with Dubai, perhaps it is Etisal@t, or just very high occupancy rates, but even if they have internet access, they charge for it (ex. Movenpick) or only have it in the "business center" (Sofitel, Sheraton Diera, Renaissance et al.)

Everywhere else in the world has at least a Wifi hotspot, if not fast ethernet in every room.

Who knows why this is?

Cheers,

Sporadic

Travel Fool
12-12-04, 17:02
Gatsby67 I have no idea what it is with Dubai, perhaps it is Etisal@t, or just very high occupancy rates, but even if they have internet access, they charge for it (ex. Movenpick) or only have it in the "business center" (Sofitel, Sheraton Diera, Renaissance et al.)

Everywhere else in the world has at least a Wifi hotspot, if not fast ethernet in every room.

Who knows why this is?

Cheers,

SporadicI am no expert but I think the reason is 90% of people use the internet for porn, and since (from the posts) this doesn't seem necessary in Dubai, they figured it was a waste of money to install the network. They have it in the lobby for the other 10%.

Sporadic
12-12-04, 20:18
Travel fool:
they figured it was a waste of money to install the network. They have it in the lobby for the other 10%.I only wish every hotel had Inet acces in the lobby. Strange but true, I am in your 10%. I think they are just cheap.

Cheers,

Sporadic

Koolman
02-02-05, 11:18
I am in Dubai for a short stopover. Will be staying at the Sun and Sand as that is what Emirates has offered as part of their Dubai Bargain Breaks. Any ideas if this hotel is friendly ? Any action there ? Suggestions on a nearby bar/club where I can get some afternoon/early evening action ?

Ruofsam
02-05-05, 08:52
Hello all,

Can anyone comment on the Dubai Dusit's (Shiek Zayed Road). Any activity going on there? Are they gues friendly? I did not find a single entry about it in the forum?

Fingen
02-09-05, 14:07
Are the emirates towers hotel still girlfriendly?

I have heard some bad news about their policy.

Thanks in advance.

Koolman
02-10-05, 09:51
I am confirmed at Capitol Hotel in Bur, near Port Rashid. Any ideas if this is a friendly place? Any action in house? They do have a massage parlour in the hotel, any ideas what is offered there?

Faisal
02-16-05, 09:28
Be weary of this hotel as it is not girl friendly at all. The policy is that the girl should have her original passport with her. If so then she is registered at the front desk and a 250 dirham charge is added to your hotel bill. It is very unlikely that you will find girls in possession of their original passports and furthermore the registration at the front desk in plain view is rather embarassing. No to mention that you will be accosted at the elevator entrance by burly security guards who will re check whether the girl has been registered.

Are the emirates towers hotel still girlfriendly?

I have heard some bad news about their policy.

Thanks in advance.

Dany75
02-17-05, 12:28
Hi there,

My "girlfriend" and I are willing to meet other couples. Which hotels in Dubai are the most discreet to do that, it would be for max 3 couples. Anyone can share this kind of experience with me pls send PM.

Cheers,

Dan

Mahku
02-17-05, 14:45
Not sure about guest friendliness but the Savage Garden bar in here is a good place to look for action. It has a latin band that plays salsa, merengue and other stuff that's been popular in Dubai lately. The crowd will be a mix of tourists, residents, airline crew and pros from all points of the globe.