PDA

View Full Version : San Jose - 2004 Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Shamas
10-16-04, 04:40
Hola Ace, how is mi amigo doing ??

I read your report on the Royal Dutch and we both know it left a lot to be desired when we stayed there. Our other amigo felt very badly that we were treated so poorly there. He also cut his ties with the RD a few months after that. He now stays at the Europa which is a sister hotel of the RD.

It's nice to hear they have put a new face on the RD but their shady business practices are what really turned me off. At the same time they tried to excessively prebill your CC , a few other bros reported the same problem. I remember one of our guys reported that they double billed his card and he was having problems getting the hotel to return his money.

The last I heard the owner was still a wanted man and in hiding.

Be forwarned mi amigos when you let the Royal Dutch have your CC info.

Shamas O'Dognasty
Gourmet Catering &
Septic Tank Cleaning

AsianLvr
10-16-04, 14:40
Master Monger,

GREAT pics in the photo gallery! Maybe we'll run into each other during your 10 Nov. lay over. As for all the other comments being offered up about the Royal Dutch, I will be more then happy to " Take one for the team". Hey, if it turns out to be as bad as some people make it out to be then I'll just move on to another hotel.

Rock on, rock hard.

Ken

Dinoman
10-16-04, 19:43
Hey Travieso
nice pics I should know I was there for some of them.
It sounds like you love Colombiia thats cool. Yolanda , Candy and
and Kathy say hi. hope you the best.
Dinoman

Scott69
10-17-04, 02:59
I read ace's report and I can say it is typical Costa Rica. Face it service here sucks and that is why I always tell people to stay at presidente, they get it right. I know since I live here, very few places know about real service. It may cost a few dollars more but is it worth the headache not having a room upon arrival or no AC, hot water?

Anyway on the nightclub scene I went to a pace called Kamur on the south side of San Jose, it was really bad. The girls were not good and the charged 2,500 at the door. I was told it was for 3 beers or drinks but once inside it became only two and you could not order a regular bottle beer. The gave a mug of something I never heard of. I then bought a girl I know a drink ($8) and they wanted the money up front, this was a first for me here....ever. I suppose I was going to get the drink and take a mad dash to the door. Judging but the drunk and annoying Tico crowd inside (about 8 or 10) screaming and yelling this may be a good policy for them but I did not like it.

Still the best places in order from cheap to moderate for nightclub action Monoco (same owner as 747), Flamingo, Le Grillion and Pantara Rosa.

Monger Anonym
10-17-04, 11:18
Hi guys,

I'll be in CR in 2 weeks. With all respect to neatly shaving, being from Europe, I like women more natural, meaning unshaved.

Can anyone tell me where to find those kind of girls? I read in the forum that semi-pros are more likely to skip the razor.

Many thanks

Alex P Keaton
10-19-04, 03:55
Somewhere in the forum I read that it is easier to pay the Airport Tax on arrival and writer provided (I believe) a location outside of the Airport. I reviewed the forum but now cannot find this message.

If you are referring to the downtown bank where you can pay your departure tax at any time, it is Bancredito.

JavMav
10-19-04, 06:25
planned on a more elaborate one, but i have to go monger in chile tomorrow, so i'll start confusing stuff...

went to new fantasy mid morning. price 13k. 8 girls available at the time. range 5-6. picked atuvi. very nice girl, mid-twenties, pretty hard stomach, rather soft otherwise. professional relaxation services were really nice. massage in the wet sauna (really hot for her up high in the mist). continued to some extent in the room. practically a professional-grade experience.

only problem, very little playfullness or passion. she was new to the company, not sure about the industry. seemed a little shy, but not in a fun way. everything covered, which i'm always glad about afterwards, but not during. i enjoy providing a good massage, but she declined. bottom line, nice enough girl, but not sleazy enough. nice to be the king.

went in and out of vip's next to jetset. what dives! horrible places! disgusting! i kept telling myself that everytime i walked in, time after time....

didn't do anything. girls 4-6 when i was there, but there may have been a couple of 7's late night.

went to lipstick. pretty nice place. $20 which includes 4 beers. already had enough, it was late and they wouldn't negotiate so i stayed near the front for a while then left.

across the street is another place. $12 for 3 drinks. girls drinks $8-10. had a very nice time with andie, a fair-skinned 7. got her phone number for another time. stage show was pretty good. girls were actually naked more than 10 seconds at the end of their set. 8-11 girls late night.

went to elite, which you will never find unless you pronounce it eh-leet-ay.
$15/3 beers. i've been to the sister club in panama. 6-8.5's. talented on stage, as well. i was chosen to be a prop during one of the production numbers. three girls dressed like b. speers giving me an increasingly erotic lap dance on stage. fun and funny.

didn't try for extras or buy any girls a drink. i think table dances were $10, private for $20.

toured zona blue. girls and facility a bit nicer than nf, but not 80% nicer, which would have been the price differential. from posts, the service might be better, though (bbbj, for example).

spent several wonderful hours at the blue marlin. the radisson snookered me out of an entire night with sirlene (see my previous post). i don't think you'd go wrong with her, although the price point of over $100 for the night seems a bit high. in general, i loved the blue marlin scene. nothing better than feeling like the king of kings.

for those poker players, hold-em available at the radisson (4/8 spread, tournaments 3 days per week), and the place across from the horseshoe (5/10, on the 2nd floor).

have fun!

jav'

"i spend half my life chasing and scheming. the other half... i waste."

Maboman
10-19-04, 08:22
Hi guys,

I asked this question in the Quepos section but thought I'd post here as well just in case.

A few of my friends from work and I are heading down to CR in late march, this will be my first trip to Costa Rica as well as a first for them as well. Thank you all who have posted here as I have learned alot from your experience and will hopefully be putting it to good use.

We plan on staying for 5 days, 1 in San Jose 2 in Quepos to fish and then the last 2 back in SJ. My question is this however, does anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive hotels in Quepos? My only requirements are a comfortable place to sleep and a hot shower, As far as lavish accomidations I am not picky. Also, if anyone has a reccomendation for a good fishing charter captain, that would be great as well, as I said we plan on at least one full day of fishing and then hopefully some rainforest sightseeing.

As far as San Jose goes, I am faily confidant in what I have read here, I am planning on booking us into the Presidente for the first and last night of our trip with some heavy powermongering involved in the time we are there.

Again, thank you for your help and I look forward to sharing my trip reports with the board upon my return.

Thanks again,

Maboman

Florida Cracker
10-20-04, 18:08
Day 1

Arrived in San Jose at 12:30. Since the Presidente doesn't allow check in until 2:00 I went across the street and upstairs to change some money and pay the departure tax. It took all of 3 minutes. The rate was just under 450 to the dollar. My first impression is good. Nice airport, clean and a lot of stores. Grabbed an orange taxi for $12 and off we went.

Arrived at The Presidente and discovered the room I reserved was given to someone else. They gave me another room and when I asked for the safe key it was discovered that room had also been taken. So a third room was assigned. Got to that room only to discover it wasn't clean. So, back to the front desk. They kindly gave me an upgrade and I now have a very nice room with a balcony. Its quiet as well.

Gave Member #2626 a call and we made plans for tonight. Decided to check out the BM. It was okay, lots of old gringos sitting on stools and pros walking about. I bought a tee-shirt and started to head over to New Fantasy. Only it started to pour so I went back to the hotel and got my handy dandy umbrella. Set back out on a search for the NF and promptly got lost. At some point I realized I went too far and turned around. I went up a hill and looked to my right and lo and behold there was Zona Blue. Mr. Happy said, screw NF lets go find Wanda. We were welcomed like long lost friends. Wanda is nice and ZB is a nice place. However, the girls all seemed bored. I selected Marlene and was very disappointed. The massage sucked and the suck sucked as well. Remember, YMMV.

Met with Member #2626 and we hit a nice Italian place for dinner and then off to IDEM. #2626 is a great guy, a true sporting gentleman. And he's got a keen eye for politics. Met a 20 year old cutie, Marla, at IDEM and she agreed to meet me at the hotel at 11:30, when she got off. (I also hoped to get off.) IDEM had about 8 girls. Besides Marla I only saw one other I would want.

We went Le Grillon next. I don't drink alcohol and by now I was so full of cokes and pepsis and couldn't stand to look at another one. My gut was really bloated from the carbonation (well, that's my excuse!) It was slow doings at Le Grillon but we met a couple of cuties. I had Bonnie, a light skinned 19 year old. We played and fondled for awhile and I tried to make a date for tomorrow but she insisted on $100. Sorry, but no es possible.

We planned to go to the Flamingo and Monaco but it was 11:30 and I had agreed to meet Marla. She was right on time. #2626 and I parted ways as I went to spend some quality time with Marla. However, disappointment soon crept in again. She kept yawning and didn't want to kiss or allow me to DATY. We had a nice long session, but I've had better. She just wasn't into it. I gave her 20,000 c. for 90 minutes. She wanted to stay longer but Mr. Happy went to sleep and I was exhausted from a long day.

Scott69
10-21-04, 10:26
Hi guys,

I asked this question in the Quepos section but thought I'd post here as well just in case.
Quepos is a decent town but if you are staying there you may want to consider a hotel in Manuel Antonio which is about 5 miles south. It is a very beautiful town and beach. I have not been there in a while but will find out about hotels there. I do not know about the charters but there are many there amoung other places like in Jaco area. Right now is the low season so you can shop around when you get here for the best price.

While I am here a few words on Jaco. Jaco is one of the easiest beaches to get to here so it is popular with Americans. However it is by no means the nicest beach. It does have some action since many Del Rey girls go there to work in the beatle bar and there are two nightclubs. This town started picking up when Los Suenos Marina opened, lots of big money people staying in the marina (100+ foot yachts are common). This has really run up prices there, yet not much has changed in the town, same hotels, resturants and pothole filled roads just more expensive. Most shops and resturants will quote in dollars not local currency. It is easy to get along here with English than anywhere else in CR.

There are some decent girls working in Beatle Bar but not as many high quality like San Jose. The same $100 quote applys here but they will go for less. I always tell people go against the old saying of bringing sand to the beach, here bring sand to the beach. It is better to find a girl in San Jose that wants to go to the beach you will end up paying less for more tiime. Many girls here would be happy to spend a few days at the beach and there is a much better selection here.

There are two nightclubs in Jaco, one in the center of town but I would not trust your bill, they overcharged me a few months back and I will not return. The other is on the main road leading to town, no rip-offs but very expensive. I was quoted $200 for sex.

Figured I mention this since I hear a lot of talk about the action in Jaco. It is easy to get to but one of the most expensive places in CR. If you have the time take a girl to Quepos/Manuel Antonio or Tamarindo/Guanacaste area. If you don't have much time or do not want a long ride to Guanacaste it will do but bring your own sand!

Scott

Kid Cisco
10-21-04, 17:17
I am just wondering how many of you guys get girls to stay for the night?? I been to Costa Rica before and I notice ALL the girls I have met always charge by the hour!! now with that said, when I go to DR or RIO the girls charge for the whole night (night by the hour) for the prices the girls charge in Costa Rica for the hour I could have 98% of the girls in DR or Rio for that same price so once again how many guys out there get girls for the night if so how much.

Or is it just by the hour in Costa Rica.

Macgoo
10-22-04, 03:01
Firebird,

You may have been referring to note of mine. I always stress paying this $26 annoyance at the time of arrival. What I said was; once you arrive, go through Customs and proceed out of the airport (street level) across the street, up the stairs and back inside the airport.

And, yes, you can also pay the Exit tax at the Bank referenced below; I have also done that if I arrive in SJO when the airport Tax booth is closed. Never wait to pay this Exit Tax when departing; your airport wait-time can be reduced significantly when you do this in advance.

Scott69
10-22-04, 04:12
Couple of things to pass on at the Del Rey. Last night a few armed men entered and started shooting off there guns in a robbery attempt. I do not know all the details but from what I heard all people were ordered to the floor and no one was shot.

I have also heard a story this week of an American dying in his hotel after a girl from the Del Rey put a knock out type drug into his drink. I am not however sure the story is 100% true but there is a lesson anyway. This is not very common here but I have heard of this practice for real. It is meant to render the person unconscious in an attempt to rob them. As with all drugs it can be deadly to the right person. Never leave your drinks unattended, always get you own drinks and if you are not sure of the place you are getting them go somewhere else or drink a beer or soda you see opened in front of you.

As always be smart and do drink to much when ever you travel.

Scott

Florida Cracker
10-22-04, 05:22
Day 2

Decided to play tourist in San Jose today. Walked everywhere and you know what? There isn't much to see here. No decent museums or culture. My feet began to hurt so I took a taxi to New Fantasy. It wasn't bad, 14,000 c. for an hour. Nice girl, good massage and very good bbbj.

I stopped at a store to get some trinkets and started a conversation with a sweetie named Gabriella. She was born in Spain and moved to Costa Rica as a kid. She spoke decent English. Gabriella agreed to meet me for dinner. She emphasized dinner only. I walked over to her store at 6:30 and we went to Tin Jo, a pan-asian restaurant. Trust me, this place is very good. We ate and talked until about 9:30. We're both real talkers and Gabriella is world wise. We walked to the Presidente talking more. Gabriella said she had to go, I invited her to my room but she declined. However, she did agree to another date Saturday. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is excursion day to wherever, as long as it isn't San Jose.

Maboman
10-22-04, 08:29
Thanks for the info!

Maboman

Parties in Site
10-22-04, 17:59
Apparently US Airways has sale fares to SJO. I checked fares thru next spring out of Charlotte, NC and found them to be under $500 which is always nice. I checked fares from various East Coast cities and found some bargains in the $300 and $400 range. Check for your city.

It is cheaper to fly from Atlanta thru Charlotte on US Air than nonstop from ATL on Delta. Likewise it is cheaper to fly on Delta from Charlotte thru Atlanta than from Atlanta alone. Grrrrr. So for a deal on Delta I have to drive to Charlotte from Atlanta? I guess so.

By the way, Delta now charges $4 for alcoholic drinks on the international flights from North America to Central America. (BYOB?) At least they serve a free "meal".

Member #3453
10-23-04, 04:30
Kid Cisco,

I have had girlfriends stay all night, and some have been relatively reasonable in price, less than $100, and some have cost me more; up to $200. I have had some offer to stay with me for a couple of days, and they have told me "no money." But, of course, they are playing their little game, and they are hoping to soften you up over time so they can get gifts out of you, or perhaps a little cash too. However, that having been said, I think they actually want to stay with some of us, and the money is the icing on the cake for them.

One specific girl that I consider to be a choosey freelancer; one who doesn't make it a regular practice with just anyone, stayed with me for at least 12 hours. I didn't pay her anything that day at all. I left Costa Rica for Colombia, returned in a week, she met me at the airport upon my return, and she stayed with me all night again. Then, the next day, I purchased a gift for her prior to flying back to the US.

Before I left for Colombia, she had hinted around at wanting a new TV, but she was asking and not demanding it. She would have gone without it, but I decided to give her a new Color TV set for about $200. No money, just the gift. It was truely a GFE with this girl, and she was hoping I would buy it for her, and I think she expected me to buy it when I returned from Colombia, but there were no guarantees before I left for Colombia. For all she knew, I could have left for Colombia and never returned. She just trusted me to come back and see her. She was hoping I would buy it, but she never asked for it when I returned from Colombia...not once.

This girl claims I am muy especial to her. Of course, I am skeptical that I am really that special to her, but I think she genuinely likes me a lot, and I think she acutally has romantic feelings for me. Stranger things have happened. I think it just depends on if they like you, if they want to see you again, and if they actually might have some romantic feelings for you deep inside.

So, I think the girls in Costa Rica are relatively expensive for all night fun in comparison to some other venues, but they are easier to get for all night fun compared to somewhere like Monterrey, Mexico for example...much easier. However, in contrast, you are probably correct in assuming that the all nighters are much more abundant and cheaper in DR and definitely more so in Rio if the reports I have read are accurate. I have never been to DR and Rio, but based on what I have heard about DR and Rio, Costa Rica is a much less desireable destination when considering cost, availability, and overall GFE potential.

Jun Fan
10-23-04, 15:07
I have a girl there that I have a total GFE with everytime I go. She is a regular at the Blue Marlin, the first time we met we went off for a weekend in Jaco together and had a blast. She is a real nympho, always begging me to screw her. She is always smiling and loves to smoke her mota. Hey, I know what she does for a living and really don't care. She even has me stay with her at her house, hanging out with her kids some, and have even met her mother....lol. The fact is I have a girlfriend when I am in San Jose, and that's what I like. Then we both go back to our own lives when I leave. Simple as that.

This last time I went, I spent two full days and nights with her just kind of hanging out, and obviously doing alot of screwing. I gave her $180 for the whole time, but she never asks for money.

Jun Fan
10-23-04, 15:09
OK.....has anyone ever been with "Maria Velez"??? She is a pretty hot girl from Medellin Colombia...she's a real hottie, certainly a 9, maybe a 10. She comes off as pretty snobby, but I like her. I have never thrown down with her yet, but want to.

Anybody know anything?

Kid Cisco
10-24-04, 06:32
Thanks Unospongebob,

For taking the time posting for me and respond to my question about girls in Costa Rica staying all night, you sound like you found a good one MOST girls I have read about on reports from Costa Rica charge guys by the hour, I am sure being human sooner or later two people should hit it off and forget about $$$ and just enjoy each other.

I am not trying to brag or anything I have met girls in Rio and other places that claim they NEVER got off before so strong before and how they wanted to stay with me etc. and $$$ wasn't involved.

I have found when I kept it business and pay for play as I go kept things in order and kept a lot of problems down when I go overseas I am looking at numbers and getting to spend time with "9" and "10" at a good price.

I already have a girlfriend etc. here in the states so I arent looking for one overseas JUST a hot body hot girl at a good price, the thing I notice about Costa Rica MOST I ran into wanted $100.00 a hour in Rio that= ALL NIGHT if NOT and mostly half the next day, so if you had the girl those many days for just a TV I take my hat off to you.

You should check out Rio most guys that have been to Costa Rica (1st) BUT then go to Rio NEVER want to return back to Costa Rica they mostly go nuts over the girls BUTTS, and for around $60.00-$80.00 its yours for the night. "warning they will ask for $100.00 but always pay the market rate below $100.00

But, once again UNOSPONGEBOB, thanks for taking the time.

Juddo
10-24-04, 15:42
I'm making a return visit (it has been about 10 years), reading the posts I'd like to stay at the Prseidente, a few questions though, if you fellow mongers can help me out:

1) Should I make reservations?

2) If I plan (of course) to bring back chicks, is asking for a 1 bed cool, or will they charge me when she comes in?
3) How far away is the Blue Marlin

I've been in Eastern Europe for a while and want to see the "changes" in CR.

Thanks!

FunLovingOne
10-24-04, 16:00
Any of you guys that are going to be there want to get together for a dring at the BM, or elsewhere?

I am staying at the Presidente.

P.S. Can anybody remind me where the online map for Gringo Gulch is located?

Rue Kraft
10-25-04, 03:36
Try this:

http://adultcostarica.net/index.htm

Cosmoe
10-25-04, 04:18
He was very helpful, only there two days but enjoyed your company and thanks for the help.

Cosmoe

Shamas
10-25-04, 05:10
FLO

Sent you a PM on Lumps map of SJO

Shamas

FunLovingOne
10-25-04, 06:39
Thanks bro.

FLO

Sent you a PM on Lumps map of SJO

Shamas

AXBY
10-25-04, 20:56
i'm planning a trip to san jose around november 11th. this is my first trip as i usually go to rio. i have two questions.

1 - have any of you guys also visited rio and would you say costa rico is on the same level as far as the quality and attitude of the girls.

2 - i need high speed internet access such as dsl or cable so i can work while i am down there. do you know of any hotels that are girl friendly and have in room high speed internet access.

i assume there are internet cafes. is the speed decent there.

thanks a million

axby

Orgasm Donor
10-25-04, 21:11
Lumps map is pretty out of date, I put it to the test yesterday, but it is better than nothing.

Rumors around here are Park Hotel will be closing soon, money problems, New Fantasy is open again, Blue Marlin was depressing, nearly every girl asking $100! NEVER take them up on that, unless maybe it is for all night.

I picked up a Columbiana spinner there a couple days ago, and when we got back to the hotel, she insisted I pay first. I say I NEVER pay first, or else I am assured a rush-job and she makes a break for the door, and I will have lost all negotiating power. She got up and left, saying its ok, its ok... probably for the better. found another Columbiana spinner with mild bolt-on tits, last nite she was real sweet, let me take a couple photos too, will share later.

Someone please give me the lowdown on Hotel Castillo, a few yards from New Fantasy It has been recommended to me, does anyone know if it is hobby-friendly?

Also, what is the lowdown on Molino Rojo? is it massage? strip? I went to the door and asked if they were open. a guy and a girl were out front and I asked if they were open, they said no, but the girl giggled I dont know if they were messin with me or not it was a sunday and alot of places were closed. hey if they dont want my biz, Ill go elsewhere, so I did...

VIPs kind of a dive, couple cute girls there, a slender Dominicana, and a Tica with a nice bubble-bunda and fair tits. didnt partake. 10,000 colones price I was quoted. 4pm-2am weekdays 4pm-4am weekends

IDEM stopped by in early afternoon sunday, dont know if it was closed sunday of if I was opened later in afternoon... anybody got the hours for that place?

found Zona Blue, Closed Sundays may check it out today, or New Fantasy, or IDEM... but one thing for sure Blue Marlin is ruined for me too many arrogant bitches, which is exactly what I am trying to get away from in the US, occasionally you find a good one, but it is becoming a rare occurance.

O.D.

Dinoman
10-26-04, 01:52
Hi guys
I just came back from CR today I stayed for one week will be back after Christmas.
I had a resavation at the Hotel Presidente. They did not honor my reservation and told me it was a mistake. I spend 6 months a year in CR and I stay at the Pres or the Gran Via. I went up the street to the Gran Via for the money it is a better deal. it ends up almost half the $$$ of the Presidente and they do not give you shit about if you want more than one guest in my room at a time. I think I had it with the Pres.
Anyway the chicas are still hot and the $$$ is not bad. I like to go to the BM and see how cheep I can get a chica. 5000c is the cheapest so far. The map on the post below is good and you can find sex for 5000C at some of the cathouses that are not on the main streets. I picked up 2 Nicas at the hotel park and took them back for 10000c for each one. They were hot but did not do each other. They did me reel good. When in San Jose ask and look around for sex do not pay the stupid money that some of the hookers want. The more you pay the less you play.
Dinoman

Scott69
10-26-04, 14:25
I'm making a return visit (it has been about 10 years), reading the posts I'd like to stay at the Prseidente, a few questions though, if you fellow mongers can help me out:

1) Should I make reservations?

2) If I plan (of course) to bring back chicks, is asking for a 1 bed cool, or will they charge me when she comes in?
3) How far away is the Blue Marlin

I've been in Eastern Europe for a while and want to see the "changes" in CR.

Thanks!

Yes you should make the reservations, sounds like Dinoman had a bad time his last trip, I do not doubt the facts he wrote about but all in all it is still the best hotel here. Service in general in Costa Rica is very bad but I have sent many people there and they were happy.

The presidente does not charge to bring back girls but there is a policy of only one at a time. The grand via lets in two girls if you want. You do not need to ask about beds.

It is two blocks from the BM and safe to walk at all hours. There is a lot to do in this town, the BM has many girls but you should get out and see other places.

There are other hotels here that prople have wrote about but I think most of us agree it is fun to play at the Del Rey but not to stay.

Scott69
10-26-04, 14:37
i have been asked about the street scene here in cr so i thought i would post for all, don't do it. i know many of you that have been here before know this but for the first timers it is dangerous.

there are three types of street hookers here:

1 men (in womans cloths)

2 dirty crack ho's

3 **** girls (if that sounds good there are many people that would love to make an example of you with a long jail term) there is however very, very few of these girls but many gays and crack ho's.

Migrant One
10-26-04, 17:53
Travelocity alert for those in Southern California

LAX or SNA (Orange County) to San Jose, low 200's

Off to Thailand in 8 days for comparison purposes

migrant

Delta Dennis
10-27-04, 00:55
Travelocity alert for those in Southern California

LAX or SNA (Orange County) to San Jose, low 200's

Off to Thailand in 8 days for comparison purposes

migrantI and a fellow monger will also be in Thailand in aprox 10 days. If you want to get together for a drink or 2 pm me.

Delta Dennis

FunLovingOne
10-27-04, 06:13
according to the website, holiday inn has hs internet.

i am staying there this sat. presidente was full.

will report how good the connection is was i test it.

i'm planning a trip to san jose around november 11th. this is my first trip as i usually go to rio. i have two questions.

1 - have any of you guys also visited rio and would you say costa rico is on the same level as far as the quality and attitude of the girls.

2 - i need high speed internet access such as dsl or cable so i can work while i am down there. do you know of any hotels that are girl friendly and have in room high speed internet access.

i assume there are internet cafes. is the speed decent there.

thanks a million

axby

JavMav
10-27-04, 06:42
I found a decent internet cafe' -- nice and quiet -- around Calle 3 and Avenida 7. Open 10am to 8pm. The owner was nice enough to lend me an umbrella.

If you're not familiar with the old keyboard style, it takes some getting used to. I never did figure out how to input the @ key.

Maverick

Craig Ladner
10-27-04, 12:39
Since Netopia or whatever it was called closed down the block from the Del Rey, I have searched for a new internet cafe. I do not like to type on a computer in a hotel with people behind me looking at the screen.

Out the door of the Presidente, turn left and turn left a the corner and mid way down the block on the right there is an internet cafe without airconditioning that has some decent computers as well as coffee.

Expat57
10-27-04, 12:51
I found a decent internet cafe' -- nice and quiet -- around Calle 3 and Avenida 7. Open 10am to 8pm. The owner was nice enough to lend me an umbrella.

If you're not familiar with the old keyboard style, it takes some getting used to. I never did figure out how to input the @ key.

Maverick

Hold down ALT -->6-4

A Fool
10-27-04, 13:11

Maverick

The @ is called an "arroba" if you need to ask for help. Anyway, hold down the "Alt" key and then type 6 then 4 on the number keypad on the right (NOT the number keys above the QWERTYUIOP keys) and then release the "Alt" key.

Member #2964
10-27-04, 13:44
I was in SJ 11 Oct. Enjoyed the Hotel Park and seeing Bill and some of my best Hotel Park faverita's again. However when I returned I was alarmed enough about rumers of the Hotel Parks closeing that I had to give Bill a call. He sounded tired and was not sure when / if he would close the PARK. Does anyone have any current news about the Hotel Park's future? Dont need any rumor's / speculation. JUST THE FACT'S. JUST THE FACT'S.

German Guy
10-27-04, 23:03
The @ or "arroba" can be typed in most Spanish keyboards by holding down the "ALTGR" key (on the right of the keyboard), and then pressing "Q".

Florida Cracker
10-27-04, 23:38
Glad to see the board back up! Well, I spent 5 fun days in CR. So here's a few tips for newbies. First, search this board as there are lots of good suggestions and some excellent advice. Next, if you're gonna stay mostly in San Jose stay at the Presidente. Yeah, there's some nicer and more expensive hotels but the Presidente treated me fantastic. The staff were excellent, the service was excellent, plenty of smiles, chica friendly and close to everything you can ever want. The bed was comfortable, I had plenty of towels, the maid gave me ice twice a day (without asking) and the sheets fit fine. Not bad for $48 a day. The News Cafe downstairs has good food as well.

I wasn't too impressed with the Blue Marlin. Yeah, there's lots of pussy there. Most of it old and weathered. But you have to look and bargain! I did bring home one cute Tica for $45. That's only because my Spanish sucks and I kept saying "cuarenta" thinking it meant fifty. Finally, she said, "cuatro...cinco..." holding up first four fingers then five and I said sure. First time being a dumb schmuck saved me five bucks.

Get out of the Gulch and hit the clubs. I enjoyed the Flamingo and Le Grillon. Monaco had a couple of cuties but mostly not. IDEM had a good selection. As far as the massage places go New Fantasy topped Zona Blue, IMHO.

I took one day off and hooked up with a local Tico, Jose, who drove me up to Poas Volcano and Barranquillo National Park. These are two interesting sites. Jose is a great guy, he speaks good English, has a great sense of humor and knows his way around everywhere. PM me if you want to get in touch with him.

Finally, thanks to Member #2626 and Socal Boy for some great memories!

Macgoo
10-28-04, 03:25
AXBY,

If it has not already been noted, there is a nice Internet Café about a block from the Presidente. Out the door turn left down the pedestrian walkway, approximately 30 yards from the corner light, on the right. This Café is on the second floor, and is spacious and airy. Not sure if it has air-conditioning, though it’s not needed these days. It does have a small snack bar inside. The most impressive feature for me is the newly opened cigar store inside the café that leads to an out-door balcony (fairly large) and above the busy walkway. An excellent location if you like smoking Cuban cigars while viewing the talent below.

By the way, for those of you football junkies, like me, there is a very nice sports bar on the second floor of the Horseshoe Casino, across the street from the Del Rey. I counted 12 televisions – including a wide-screen. For SJO, this sports bar is quite impressive and comfortable; not to mention the tight skirt cuties working there – a great mid-day Saturday stop.

I was in the Del Rey this past Friday and Saturday. The number and talent of the girls was significantly higher than just one month ago. I guess those hurricanes that hit the US caused the low turnout back in September -- my how fast things have changed.

Rabo Verde
10-28-04, 04:57
Costa Rica v. Rio
No comparison. San Jose is the Little Leagues.
Rio, Buenos Aires, and Thailand are the World Series.

Rabo Verde
10-28-04, 05:07
GFE: Some of you have mentioned GFE girls in San Jose. Anyone care to share some numbers? I am a nice guy, mellow, not interested in the hour for $100 scene, but would like to hook up with a sweetie and rent a car and travel around. I can share numbers of similar girls in Panama, Rio, and Buenos Aires.

WilliamWalker
10-28-04, 13:00
See the message about a big sale on Delta at $261 round trip incl tax and fees in the general info section.
This is too important not to read.

Rebad
10-29-04, 19:26
I'm planning a trip down to get my head straight before the election next week.

I am planning on staying at the Marriott.

Anyone care to meet up for drinks and women?

FunLovingOne
10-29-04, 20:24
Are you at the Marriott in SJO or at Los Suenos near Jaco?

Also, check your PM.

Big Bald Johnny
10-30-04, 01:06
It will be my third visit to this friendly country.

I'll share what I know if you are planning to be in the gulch over Thanksgiving.

I arrive on 17Nov. My favorites in order ar IDEM, New Fantasy and Blue Marlin Bar. Dreamed of a few others, but would get the best bang for my pesos above. Vacationed in Sosua DR in August and I know abit about that H.O.T. spot too.

Wrap it up and always play safely comrade mongers.

Orgasm Donor
10-30-04, 01:14
while the topic has been on Internet Cafes lately in this thread, Ill mention Cybercafe Las Arcadas, right by Gran Hotel Costa Rica. Downstairs from the main street in a little arcade. It is also a laundry, 1100c for wash 700c for dry. soap included. I hate paying insane prices for hotel laundry, almost better off buying new clothes. downside is you pay in advance... I NEVER do that, but for a cybercafe and laundry Ill make an exception.

O.D.

DonGordo
10-31-04, 06:13
I will be in Costa Rica from Nov 10 to Nov 15 and I`ll be staying at Vista Linda Apartments. I look forward to my regular visits to Bar Idem, my favorite SJO location.

Pura Sploooga

DG

Grenada 79
10-31-04, 19:05
Hows it going fellas?

I will be in Costa Rica from Nov. 11-19th. I decided this yesterday so things are still a bit blury. The plan is to fly from Boston, probably paying $352.00 round-trip, and will purchase tommorow unless I find a deal I've been searching for.

Will be doing the $150.00 passport same day/over night thing as I dont want to take any chances with a late arival.

Probably looking at staying at a hostel for the most part, maybe a hotel the last couple nights. Will rent a car for atleast one day.

I had made similar plans back in late August and got terrific advice from Blind Lust, as well as others (will thank specifically by name as soon as I can get back into my private messages. Plan however fell through due to a last minte job offer.

Until departure I will be trying to touch up the spanish (with the help of a Costa Rican woman from ********** with whom I am working on a language exchange), and just stacking more money. Will probably have between 400 and 600 in spending money after all is paid.

Any more advice would be appreciated, but I feel comfortable with all I've picked up from reading the forum. Thanks to all contributors, and Jackson as well.

Member #2964
11-01-04, 16:27
Remember this Tuesday. NO BUSH. NO CIEN.

P Muadib
11-01-04, 20:55
Experience SMT visiting Costa Rica for the first time. Need easy going honest but up to the 'challenge' Engineer for fulfill my special requests.

Visiting the Guanacaste Province via Liberia this week. Make me come back three times a year!

All interested send me a private message.

P Muadib

Kid Cisco
11-02-04, 17:41
I been to Costa Rica a few times and the thing that turn me off the most is the $100.00 a hour that the girls request (Before any of you waste your time and tell me that I can get in lower or you get in lower then that DON'T I to get in lower then that to).

The point I am making is even at $60.00 or $80.00 a hour is BAD after going to DR and Rio and getting pretty ladies from 19-23 to stay with me ALL NIGHT FOR AS LOW AS $40.00 FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT, and then I go to Costa Rica and see girls and met girls with bad attiudes and demand $100.00 a hour.

I don't know what it is going to take but I hope the good old days comes back to Costa Rica and we mongers can get girls for all night again.

AsianLvr
11-03-04, 01:51
Gentlemen,

I will be arriving next Tuesday evening. This trip is a gift to myself in celebration of my divorce and I intend to take full advantage of it. I happened to stumble across a website for a club in SJO called Tango India. I did a search here on WSG but came up empty. Has anyone been to this palce and if so, can you provide any details. The website gives some info on what the club is like ( they have a full-size Convair airplane inside the place) but no info on prices, hours or even an address. Any info will be greatly appreciated. If your really lucky and you happen to run into me when I'm in town, the first chica is on me!

Rock on, rock hard!

Ken

Big Bald Johnny
11-04-04, 19:00
Presidente Nov 17 to 21

Aruba Jack
11-15-04, 02:56
JUST A WARNING

Was in San Jose in March & June. Used a cyber cafe about a block from the Presidente, as I recall it was on the ground floor. Hit Flamingo Beach after San Jose so I did not go back online until I got home. Someone got my password and totally screwed up my account. They used it as a spam sender and I had a difficult time getting my computer working properly again.

I am not a computer guru, so maybe some of you guys have a way around this, for me, I will not use these places any longer, instead I will haul my laptop around.

Jaimito Cartero
11-15-04, 03:53
I posted this during part of the software revision, and it didn't "stick".

I'll be in the San Jose area for a week starting on Thanksgiving. PM me if you're in town!

Macgoo
11-16-04, 08:04
Brethren,

By show of hands; who's in town during the week of 19 Nov to 22 Nov. Looking to get a group together for the Michigan vs Ohio State, and others, football Game at the Horseshoe's nice Sports bar, any takers? P/msg me!

This game starts at about noon Saturday 20 Nov.

Ez

JavMav
11-16-04, 17:50
Probably won't make it Sat.

HOW ABOUT NFL SUNDAY??

Jaimito Cartero: I'm hoping to be there on T.G. +- a day or so. I'll PM you the day before.

Blind Lust: Been thinking about you... How the heck did you survive?
I practically broke my leg a half-dozen times, and my mid-range vision is 20/15! You are a trooper.

All: I have a .jpg map that I THINK is better than others. Names printed right on rather than number references. In fact, it is a picture, maybe I can attach...

Maverick

Jaimito Cartero
11-17-04, 20:39
I doubt I will do a ton of mongering on my trip, but I'm sure to visit a few old favorites!

Blind Lust mentioned a membership (discount) card for Zona Blue. I recall Wanda talking about doing something like that, and thought I'd ask him to post some more details of it.

Scott69
11-18-04, 01:09
If anyone has an idea to get ahold of Jackson please let me know. I emailed several times to change my user name but get no response or my emails returned.

I try to help out or answer questions from you guys since I live here but when I write it takes days to get posted. I have made attempts to upgrade to senior member but just get error messages. In the mean time if anyone has any questions about Costa Rica please PM me.

Scott

Jaimito Cartero
11-18-04, 23:27
I doubt I will do a ton of mongering on my trip, but I'm sure to visit a few old favorites!

Blind Lust mentioned a membership (discount) card for Zona Blue. I recall Wanda talking about doing something like that, and thought I'd ask him to post some more details of it.

Okay, I've gotten the details for the discount card. Thanks to all who have PMed me.

A Fool
11-18-04, 23:38
Probably won't make it Sat.

All: I have a .jpg map that I THINK is better than others. Names printed right on rather than number references. In fact, it is a picture, maybe I can attach...

MaverickYes that is a good map. Do you produce it yourself? If so great job, if not where did you find it?

JavMav
11-19-04, 03:18
You're Welcome!

Hopefully see you there...

FlaRoamer
11-19-04, 06:50
I am making my first trip to Costa Rica from January 26 to February 13. What is the best hotel in San Jose to stay at for an extended stay. Money is really not a big deal, but want a nice room with a jacuzzi. Also must be close to the action. The Presidente is full, and the Del Ray does not have a room with a jacuzzi.

Have read a lot of posts here and also on **************.com.Uunderstand it is really cheap in costa rica. At 747 4000 colones for FS , at some of the massage parlors 17000 colones and at the striup clubs runs about 35000-40000 colones.

What I would really like to know is, does anyone know of a nice chica who would like to hang out with a good looking gringo (who speaks spanish) for a few days at a beach hotel. I am really looking foward to this trip and want it to be a once in a lifetime!

Would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Dinoman
11-20-04, 20:19
Most of the hotels in San Jose do not have jacuzzi's ,as far as it gos I think the Pres. is the only one. You can log on to the Tico times. a newspaper for gingos in Costa Rica there are some apartments that offer Jacuzzies. They are outside Jacuzzies. These apartments will not be in the city about 12 miles out. If it is your first stay I think the city is were you want to be. If money is no big deal why do you want the skanks at the 747?? Sex is cheap but the best looking *****s are more $$$. If you want a deal there are Hotels that will give you a deal for 3 weeks. If you want to spend big $$$ for a Hotel but want $10 *****s good luck. If you have the money go for the hot sluts not the skanks. Nice Hotels will not get you good sex. Money will not get you good sex. only if you treat the girls for what they are and that is a worker. they will do almost any thing for $$$ but like any worker they will do only what they have to do. Good luck do not fall in Love just have a good time. As far as going to the beach you can find a girl that will go with you for a few days or so or you can find working gtrls at the beach. Jaco has the most working girls. Strip Clubs are a rip-off. but if money is no big deal you can find hot chicks there. Anyway have a good time.
Dinoman

Grenada 79
11-20-04, 21:31
Returned a couple days ago from a 6 night stay in San Jose. Much to say, and will try to figure out the most pithy, yet effective way to do this.

It might be important to know that I am in my early twenties and not so fond of mongering, but will gladly if thats how its got to be, or if it seems like a pleasant idea at the moment.

I stayed in San Jose, at "Hostel Pangea" (I'm somewhat of a budget traveler) for the most part, except Sunday I did take a bus to Jaco, staying at "Hotel OZ" for one night, which cost $45.00. The plan was "Hotel de Haan", which is infact a hostel, but I arrived late and with-out reservations. But, from the begining.

I arrived Thursday evening and was ready to hit the streets for the first time at around 12am. I went first to "El Pueblo" with a not-so-cool to be with dude from my hostel. El Pueblo is like 3 blocks away (from Hostel Pangea on Avienda 11 and calle 3), yet I was advised to take a cab for my safety. These "safety concerns" are something I seldom take to seriously, as the neighborhood I live and love is one that many ignorant people think they will get shot upon stepping into. However, I dicided to go with the advice until a got a better feel for the city. El Pueblo is nice: It is a confusing but interesting maze of many bars and restaurants. The other good thing is that they have ALOT of security personel. Saw some beauties (all just regular girls, I assume) but couldnt seem to get even eye contact (this must have been a fluke). Called it a night and awoke the next morning to begin exploring San Jose on foot.

To my suprise, I ended up hanging out with a coule of locals. Walking back along Avienda Central, I noticed I was being followed. I turned around to confront the situation, and began speaking to my follower. Turns out he was a local who was supposedly going to the same place I was (La Plaza de la Cultura), and asking him, as he spoke decent english, where i should go, he agreed to show me some things on the way. Of course I'm still suspicious that either he is gay, expects something, or is still planning to rob me, but decide to chill with him for a little while. I am very confident in my ability to defend myself either with hands, feet, knees, elbows or my new, purchased in San Jose 2000 colones switch blade. Figured I would gladly buy him a beer if he was cool, if not, unless he has a gun, everything would be okay.

Turns out he was cool. Definately into some shit, and knew the streets, as he knew many, mnay people, giving dap, pounds or handshakes to some and non-verbally threatening very scared looking others.

He took me around to many neighborhoods and bars, and at Del Rey I bout him and another of his freinds who had joined us a beer, although they advised against it, saying it would be much cheaper elsewhere (soothing my suspicion once more). He left and I stayed with his friend for a while who was waiting for a check to be deposited into his account (suspicios, right? still planning on the posibility of scrapping with someone, although i was learning alot).

We went to the mall in San Pedro via a very inexpensive and short bus ride, where we again waited for his check to be deposited, meeting many people at the mall from his company waiting for the same. Finally at 7:30p it was, and from that point on I could not seem to pay for anything. He payed for dinner, cab to Bar district of San Pedro (which is also nice for meeting reg. girls), and beers. We headed back to San Jose where we began following the EXCELENT map prived on Don Gordo on his website. Enjoyed them all. At VIPs a friends of my new homeboy (who spoke no english and I had met 15 seconds prior) unexpectedly handed two beautiful young ladies some small wads of money, spoke some spanish to them, and they took my friend and I to the back to their respective rooms. Not a bad experience, especially as it was free. In VIPs girl cost about 6000. We continued on in the night.

Sorry for the excessive length of this one day event but I think it is important. I did not meet a single hostile person, everyone was nice, even with my limited spanish. I was bought many drinks by locals, and did the same for others. Taking time to try and trust people I met paid off greatly, adding MUCH to my experience.

Okay, now I will just give a brief run down of places I visted:
Hotel Del Rey - Nice place, Rediculous amounts of extreemly beautiful women - assumably 100 percent p4p. As I stated earlier, this is never my first intention, and at the prices they wanted, was not in my budget. However, upon making this clear to every woman who approached me for business, I usually bagan enjoying their company very much, buying only drinks, if anything. I met some truley beautiful women, had very interesting conversations ,and on many occasions they offered sex for free or for little money ($20, 15.000 colones, etc. - mostly i declined) I came here alot if I needed to kill an hour or so. Most women here spoke little if any english. You would need some spanish for conversation, but for businnes, communication will happen regardless.
VIPs (both on Don Gordo map) - All p4p. Not bad. Not as lovely an enviornment as Del Rey, overall, but pretty women, cheep beers, and inexpensive sex. The woman i spent time with here, via the money of a freind od a friends, was extreemly safe, nothing with out a condom, not even touching it to put on the condom - used toilet paper.
Bar Idem - All p4p. Beautiful women, worth a visit for sure, but I didnt spend enough time there to truley form an oppinion.
El Pueblo - All regular girls. I met many, many, beautiful, passionate, affectionate women here, for no money, even only seldomly buying drinks. I dont know....amazing. Theres usually atleast one bar thats packed. "Friends" for instance has ladies nights on Tuesday, and I met several girls. Lovely.
El Cuartel de la Boca del Monte - Disco/bar type joint not far from downtown San Jose (need taxi), I was only here on Monday, for their "ladies night", and it was packed - lots of pretty local women. Here I met several beautiful women - a couple that would certainly be potential Novia material if I lived in San Jose. One in particularly was stunning, affectionate....just great. I spent most of the night with her, no sex as I stayed in a Hostel and she stayed with her sister, but much gorping, kissing, grinding, etc. At one point "I took her" out to dinner, but she ended up slipping the waiter th maney for the bill behind my back!
The Bar district in San Pedro - Has a name but I cannot remember. Many beatiful locals also, many of them students. Enjoyed passionate sex (free), pleasant company, and more potential novia-material-companionship here.
Jaco - Beach area on pacific coast. Took a 3ooo colones busride (about 2.5 - 3 hours) from Jaco. Yikes. Im sure it was a beautiful area before capitalism took a giant shit on it...one infested with tourists. It was decent in some ways, glad I went so that I know what it i slike, but way to many tourists for me - probably wont return. Many opportunites for p4p, and some hard to find opportunities for just meeting regular women, as they seem hardened by what they must hear from/know of all the tourists, but I did enjoy some time with a Beatle Bar bartender. Many p4p places, the names escape me, besides Beatle Bar, but can all be found in one of these forums.
Beaches Herradura (sp?) and Hermosa are both within 3 miles from Playa Joca and worth seeing.
Limon - Was planning on flying there for a day or two from San Jose, but was told by many sources that their was flooding, and 1000+ cases of malaria there at this time. Malaria is one thing...but flooding!! (joking) decided not to go, but Im sure it is worth seeing.

Summary: I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the company of many stunning women, mostly regular girls but some p4p. Made out passionalty with probably close to 20 girls in bars....hope there no oral deseases going around CR!!! Also am very glad I had the opportunity to meet a couple local dudes. It was added greatly to my trip and what I saw and now know. Safety as far as muggings, pick-pockets, etc. is definatley a concern, especially nearing the holidays. Taxis are good and inexpesive. Even the dudes i met admited to getting robbed in their lives - usually at gun or knife point, and these are not dudes I would mess with unless neccessary. But over all, take cabs and dont walk to far at night, and you should be fine. I wouldnt sweat walking in day light either.

That was not pithy. Sorry, but I hope my information helped someone. I am sure I left out many detailes but I will add in the future if signifcant. Many thanks to all contributors to this forum, and those such as Blind Lust who offered very informative PMs. Feel free to PM me for any other info, or with any questions.

-Grenada

p.s. These women are beautiful, in many ways, please treat with respect. Pls excuse spelling, my office program is not working right, with spell check especially.

Jaimito Cartero
11-20-04, 21:33
I happened to stumble across a website for a club in SJO called Tango India. I did a search here on WSG but came up empty. Has anyone been to this palce and if so, can you provide any details.

The search function doesn't seem to work for older posts. I gave a small report on Tango India last December.

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/showpost.php?p=152283&postcount=627

They give some shows up in the airplane. It's not bad. I wouldn't recommend trying to get any of the girls as they are way too expensive for CR. I haven't found a strip place that had "affordable" girls yet.

Jaimito Cartero
11-20-04, 21:37
I been to Costa Rica a few times and the thing that turn me off the most is the $100.00 a hour that the girls request (Before any of you waste your time and tell me that I can get in lower or you get in lower then that DON'T I to get in lower then that to).

$100 an hour is a magical hooker number. The first time I came to Costa Rica in 1989, I got quoted that much as well. It's only bad if you *pay* that much.

Grenada 79
11-20-04, 21:38
I decided, in the last 24 hours, that I am going to try and return to Costa Rica, in the next 6 weeks. I will stay for 4 to 6 weeks, further studying spanish while I am there. Probably for several hours a day for about 4 weeks. This trip is looking pretty definate already as I have made some very important decisions today and yesterday. There are still many questions...definately Costa Rica (but I would want to see another possibie country in Centeral or South America before I commit)? Live in Apartment? A friend? Host family (doubtful)? Hostel? I will soon be researching this info, probably studying these forums to begin. But any comments, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Chukichz
11-21-04, 18:22
I just tried the New Fantasy. Its a nice place. Unfortunately, I took Tatiana. She is very nice looking but not much in the attitude dept. The cost is right, however. $40 for the hour. They also have sauna and steam. I next tried Zona Blue. The price was $55 but it was worth it from the girl I got. Her name is Paula. A great attitude and really took care of me. A definite repeat. We had a pretty decent earthquake here on Friday night. I hope that is not a repeat. It was 6.2. I participated in the Northridge quake so this was not as bad but it still got my attention. They seem to have more quakes than SoCal. I will be here for a week and hope to hobby some.

Scott69
11-21-04, 19:42
AsianLvr,

I agree with Jaimit Cartero, Tango India is worth seeing but it way overpriced for sex. The good thing is that it is a honest place, no problems with the bill. There are many good looking girls and you could set up a date with them outside. My friend hooked up with a real sweetie from Honduras after we visited there. Elite is about the same, overpriced but no rip offs and good looking girls.

I perfer clubs like Flamingo, Le Grillion and Pantera Rosa. They are cheaper if you want to try a girl and you can have more fun playing first as they are not so stuffy. Drinks for the girls cost about C3,500 and the girls will lap dance you all night when you buy the drinks. You can get a good idea about how she will be this way. Flamingo is the only place with a set price at C20,000 for the room and girl. The others let the girl set price and they ask for more from Americans. Monoco is the best place in town for the buck, it is hit or miss but there are good looking girls there. It is about c7,000 for room and girl but it not a true nightclub as the girls dance rarely on the small stage.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott69
11-21-04, 20:21
Live in Apartment? A friend? Host family (doubtful)? Hostel? I will soon be researching this info, probably studying these forums to begin. But any comments, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.My first apartment was east of San Jose called Apartment Kennedy. It is on 3 street not that anyone would know that here. It has about 24 apartments and is well gated and safe. There is an older man that runs the place and he keeps a god eye out. It is furnished and about $250 a month. It is also popular with Del rey girls since they can aford it, $250 is a lot of money here.

I now live in Escaza, it is further away from San Jose and popular with Americans but more expensive. I also lived for a short time in Los Joses but found it to be very dangerous, had my place robbed. I have a friend here that knows the area very well, what is safe and good and what is not. He has driven some of the other guys from the board around the country. Maybe he could take you around and show you places, he really knows his way around unlike the taxies that do not know how to get to a hotel two blocks from where you are.

Also taking a trip up to Nicaragua is well worth it. I love going there, much cheaper and good looking girls but the sex scene is not as set up as Costa Rica.

Scott

Russler
11-21-04, 22:03
Well, I found a last minute good flight to CR tomorrow morning. I'll be heading down this Monday through Saturday.

If anyone else is going to be down in this time, PM me, and maybe we can hang out a bit.

Otherwise, if you just see a mid-30's bald gringo with a goatee roaming around the Gulch, say hello. That look is rare enough down there that you should find me within a few tries. ;)

SemiCharmed
11-23-04, 03:00
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the great information. I am planning my first trip to Costa Rica and I can't wait, sometime probably in January. Maybe over the Martin Luther King Holiday (Jan 14-19).

I have been reading the posts and gathering as much info as possible, but if anyone has any great advice, suggestions or comments, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone is going to be there during that time, would love to get together.

Thanks

Semi

Scott69
11-23-04, 10:46
I have received a few PM questions and thought it may be a good idea to post this since the season is starting. I understand many of you know CR very well so this is for the new guys. Hope this helps. For those who know CR feel free to add on since some of this is just opinion.

Do's
Learn Spanish, even if it a little the girls will like you for trying. You can get around OK without it but it helps.

Ask girls from clubs and massage parlors for a number, if they are willing to meet you after work. This means they like you enough and will give you a better time, yes they like the money but they are at the other places not the Del Rey for their money. They could use the extra money but don't need it since the clubs pay them.

Take a girl you like from the city to the beach. Jaco has girls but the deal is better bringing your own with you, more time and sex for the money. Girls are very limited in other ares and the few there are will be expensive.

Get out and around town, there is a lot more in San Jose than the Del Rey girls. There are many good looking girls there but the message and strip clubs can be fun and have many hot girls also. I find the attitudes of these girls better than those of the DR.

Taxi's, use the orange taxi's from the airport. The booth is right outside the main door and the prices are fixed. Once outside the police line at the airport the sharks are everywhere and not to be trusted. Everywhere else only use the red taxi's with the yellow triangle on the door that has a number. Ask the driver for the meter (pronounced like the girls name Maria in Spanish) if they do not use it get out and find another cab.

Feel free to walk around town, but only during the day. Many people say it does not look bad at night but it is not worth the risk of walking at night use a taxi. It is safe to walk between the Presidente and Del Rey at night.

Change money at the banks here or use you ATM. It is best to bring down dollars and change them than use you ATM as the fees can add up.

Carry you passport, you need it if an immigration office asks for it. Regular cops can not ask to see it, and they will not. The regular police (in Blue) are nice and helpful if you need anything. The transit police (grey) and immigration officials are crooks and assholes looking for bribes.

Discuss money ahead of time, in any place or with a Del Rey girl. It avoids problems later. A good hotel like the Presidente will take your side if you are calm and reasonable.

Use the hotel safe, nuf said.

Dont's

Drive or rent car, this is a big one. I know many of you have driven in different countries, so have I but this place is beyond nuts. There is absolutely no courtesy of any kind on the road. It is very dangerous if you are not familiar with it, too many cars and not enough roads. The roads are poorly maintained, in fact roads here are mainly a series of patches and giant potholes. There are few signs and most of them are in bad shape, you will see a sun bleached rusted sign on the corner and know it is a stop sigh only by the shape. Knocked down signs stay that way for months. On any giving day about 20% of the stop lights in San Jose are out. There are rock slides and washed out roads going to the beaches. There MAY be a warning sign place in the road but it is 5 feet in front of the problem, not good as you exit a blind curve.

Pay the girls ahead of time from Del Rey, tell them before you go to the room money after. Most of the girls that want money first are looking to stay the shortest possible time.

Talk to Del Rey girls in front of there friends. You will get a better deal alone with them. Even if you pay $15 they will tell thier friends you paid $100. It is all a game in there.

Change money in the street or airport, it is a scam one way or other.

Walk around wearing expensive jewelry, leave it home you do not have anyone to impress here.

Buy any drugs like Viagra on the street, most likely it is a scam but could be worse and dangerous.

Let others you do not know get you drinks, don't drink anything not opened in front of you. It happens you meet a great girl, she takes you out to a cool club because she really likes you! Only you wake up somewhere the next day not knowing where your wallet is or where you are.

Tip in the bars or resturants. Tips are included in all bills by law here. If you think you are being nice, well they think you are stupid since they already got their tip. You are just helping to run up prices.

Use escort services as almost all are scams. never let a guy tell you he can get girls for you, that is illegal here. It is super easy to find you own.

Get drunk and bring the girls to you room, these are poor people by our standards and many will rip you off given the opportunity.

Use taxi in front of the Del Rey, these are unmarked and not to be trusted. The hotel knows of this problem but do little to stop it. Use the taxi's as mentioned above just grab one in the street.

Let a taxi talk you into going to a strip club you did not ask for. The club pays them and adds this to you bill. Sometimes as much as $50, places this happens include Puro Platino and Babes. If the driver insists on going in with you just wait outside or talk with the owner/manager ahead of time. Once you have the bill it is too late, what are you going to do scream "I am American I have rights".

Give out money in street, yea it is hard to not feel bad for the poor people but giving out money only makes the problem worse. Most beggars are scam artists, like the guys in white jackets taking you blood pressure. Notice no hospital ID even though they are "collecting for the children's hospital". They bought a white coat to scam you for there own good.

Pick up SW's (streetwalkers) as posted before,
There are three types of street hookers here:

1 Men (in womens cloths)

2 Dirty crack ho's

3 Und*rage girls (if that sounds good there are many people that would love to make an example of you with a long jail term) There is however very, very few of these girls but many gays and crack ho's.

Even talk to anyone about und*rage girls, this is almost non existent here but there have been several groups claiming it is a huge problem (including the jerk who was himself paying young boys for sex while claiming to help them). Also several news channels have been here trying to make a story of this. This has left the government in a bad spot and they are now looking to get someone.

Show the girls this site or the posted photos. It will be the last time they let any take a photo of them.

All I can think of for now and my fingers are tired anyway.

PM me with any questions,

Scott

JavMav
11-25-04, 08:43
A great message. Also:

DO the massage parlors. Zona Blue is the most famous and expensive (yeah, at $55). They start at $28.

The ATM's I used are FREE. The only charge would be from your financial institution. Check before you go. If there is no charge, the exchange rate is the best using this method.

Do try the strip clubs -- Club Kamur seems to be the very best value right now.

Do check with hotels to see what the 'guest' policy is. Not just yes or no, but how much. Ranges from 0 to 15 to no chance.

Do bring a COPY of your passport, INCLUDING the immigration stamp. Leave the original in the safe. If immigration wants to push the issue, they can come to you. A copy is sufficient on the street.

That's a start...

Maverick

JavMav
11-25-04, 08:53
Even better!

I only disagree with the getting drunk and bringing a girl home part. The extra fun is worth the risk!!

Seriously, 90+% of C.R. mongers will have a few beers. The girl scams are not as prolific as, say, Brazil. Just don't be incredibly stupid! Use the buddy system. Introduce your friend to a friend. Even if you just met the friend, they don't know that! At the established places, the bad girls become persona-non-grata. It is quite civilzed, actually.

Girls on the street or extraneous semi-pros at clubs.... I agree.

The best 2 bits of advice are 1. No sharing this site and 2. Never Ever Matter What Pay Ahead!!

Exception is at the massage parlors. You have recourse there, so no problem.

Chukichz
11-25-04, 20:16
What the hell, the last visit to New Fantasy was pretty good so I headed back. I talked a bit with the famous Wanda. I spoke in Spanish and called her La Famosa Wanda. I asked her for a recommendation for a sensual type massage. She chose Yolayli for me. I'm not sure if her name is spelled right but that is how it sounded. I was in for a treat. We started out with a shower together. That wasn't bad. Then she proceeded to put her hands over me very softly (suave, swa vey, in Spanish). The rooms have a full length mirror on the ceiling and I frequently used it to my advantage. 2 for 2 of the girls here have had great attitude and really ooze sex. Yolayli looked at me SO sexily while giving me bbbj. This included bb over much of my body.This is so different than the U.S. where we pay through the nose and are lucky if they smile at us. It probably helps to speak Spanish. I am fairly fluent having studied in many of the countries that are Spanish speaking. Yolayli showed me some of her nude photo's and I asked her about the possibly of taking some of my own. She acquiesed and said it would be ok the next time I was there. If I have time before I leave I will give it a try and will post.

This girl was a definite repeat. I highly recommend.

Papirrin
11-25-04, 23:36
I'm flying over to Costa Rica for a 3 days stay, and I would apreciate some help as far as places to hook up. I'm looking for massage parlours, bars like Del Rey where one can openly negotiate services with ladies, and escort agencies.

Thanks for your help guys.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Dinoman
11-26-04, 04:57
Hi all Costa Rican Mongers
The information is now so much better than 1 or 2 years ago. The photos are even better. I spend 6 months a year in CR and 6 months in the states I read this forum and the Tico Times and between the two I get most of what's going on. I can tell that many less mongers are paying the big $$$ for there Ticas. I believe you should be fair with them but never overpay that results in bad sex. I am planing to be back for New Years if any mongers want to say hi or get in touch with me before I go send me a message. I usually go to a big party New Years Night. Kept up the good reports and remember the amount of money you pay has no influence to the quality of sex that you receive. The more you take control the more likely you are to get what you want.
Dinoman

Macgoo
11-26-04, 14:21
Brethren,

After getting some business travel completed, I decided to extend the time in SJO for some hobby activity. With only three days left, I decided on Pussy Central; the hotel Del Rey, at $70 a night. This rate does not include the $10 charge for each girl that one brings up.

Unlike previous trips, this time I set out with a simple plan; secure at least one threesome, and get as many bare back blow jobs (BBBJ) as possible. I arrived late at the hotel but did manage to get two girls, not close friends, to come up at $45 each (total cost $110). Since this was a first for me, I didn't know what to expect but the experience was not what I imagined, at all. First, I had not considered the issue of changing condoms between girls, as one demanded, which interrupted my rhythm. One girl was willing to eat-out, but the other was not going to have it. Which brings me to my second point; make sure the girls are comfortable with each other before you engage them. Now, because of the discomfort between the girls, I was left with doing each separately. Unfortunately, while doing one; the Nicaraguan was doing me; that is, going through my pockets from the side of the bed. My advice would be to avoid taking two girls to the room unless you are able to move your eyes independently in each socket. See the thief's picture in the photo section.

Feeling too close to "Sin City", I moved over to the Hotel Gran Costa Rica, and to my surprise, it had been remodeled about 3 months earlier. I mean everything inside the room was brand new; beds and bedding, towels, television and cabinet - everything. Downside: the new curtains allow in too much light during daytime activities. Since the hotel was only about 60% occupied, I got a double-bed room for $50 per night which included "double occupancy". Here double occupancy really means that you are able to bring in any number of girls without paying extra. Now, as some of you know, the Hotel Gran Costa Rica is on the same grounds as the National Theater.

After getting settled in, I called a couple of regulars to meet me, several hours apart, in the hotel's lobby. Strangely, each girls appointed time came and went without them showing up. Perplexed, I went down stairs to investigate and found the place surrounded by National Police. There must have been 200 cops, on foot, patrolling the grounds between the National Theater and the hotel while the streets and walkways were cordoned off. No one was allowed to enter the hotel, guest or otherwise and the Hotel staff could not say for how long. After some investigating, I discovered that the National Theater was the host location of the Ibera-American Summit where Latin Speaking country's Heads of State were meeting. Talk about security; I was free to rome, and was within 20 yards of the Theater's entrance while many dignitaries entered; King Carlos of Spain, Costa Rica's President Abel Pacheco, President of Bolivia, Carlos Mesa and the Prime Minister of Spain, Zapatero.

With all the "heat" around the place, there is no wonder the girls avoided the coming in. Fortunately, the barricades went down at about eleven so I headed back to the Del Rey to check out the line-up. Next, after netting a targeted Tica and bringing her back to my hotel room and while she is giving me this long awaited BBBJ, an Earthquake (6.2) hits. For the first two seconds or so, I thought it was the BJ, then realized that it was much more. Damn!

In spite of the Quake and Ibera-American Summit, I really did accomplish my objectives.

JavMav
11-26-04, 18:40
I've forwarded this information to others. I just want to be reassured that there is NO CHANCE this was a misunderstanding. The information I passed will definitely cost her money and reputation, so I just want to be 100% certain I'm not hurting someone for no reason.

Other than that, thanks for the report. It's amazing how no trip is ever mundane or, even, routine. A thief, an earthquake and a security event. No wonder we love this!!

Maverick

Jaimito Cartero
11-27-04, 09:42
I talked a bit with the famous Wanda. I spoke in Spanish and called her La Famosa Wanda.

Wanda hasn't worked at New Fantasy for some time (14-16 months?). Either your report is seriously delayed, or you're not talking about the real Wanda. (Now running Wanda's Zona Blue).

Member #2964
11-28-04, 17:13
Well guys Sunday morning here and I have just finished speaking with my Hotel Park favorita provider Cathalina.

She tells me the Hotel Park is "FINISHED FOR GOOD." Now comes the best part she informed me that the Boston University (Not Boston, MA. But University de Boston, San Jose) bought the Hotel Park. I wonder what they will be teaching. Will they keep the bar as an educational aid?

Also she and a Zona Blue favorita both tell me business is "SLOW" so please 'NO CEIN"; Veinte Mil for 1 - 3 hours: even out of the Del Ray. You All Can Do It.

Silent Nited
11-29-04, 05:37
Hey fellas,

Me and a couple of other guys are planning a trip to either Costa Rica or Brazil. It will be our first time going to either and we are looking to have a good time with the chicas.

Any suggestions or recommenddations on either will be appreciated.

Chukichz
11-29-04, 20:02
Thanks to Jaimito Cartero for setting me straight. In my previous report I said I was in New Fantasy when I meant Zona Blue. The girls in Zona Blue are first rate and I think the extra $15 versus New Fantasy is worth it.

Also, for those into the sleaze factor. I went to Centro Masaje around the rorner from the old Park Hotel. This is only 9000 colones, less than $20. It really is very sleazy. That notwithstanding, I got a massage from Lorena. She is a very cute Tica with a very nice bod. If you are not turned off by the appearence of this place Lorena will treat you very well.

Hacke Beck
11-30-04, 02:05
If some body will be in SJO from 11/30 to 12/2 , lets have a coupl of Imperial at Blue Marlin. I will post my reports later. I will be in SJo in 4 hours. See you.

Blitz Dog
11-30-04, 03:03
I am headed to CR and would like to know where are the best places to find semi pro or non pro, I have read about the pro spots BUT free sex or lower priced sex is always welcomed.

CAN ANY CR MONGOR HELP!

Blitz

Dick Bagwell
11-30-04, 20:27
Fellow Mongermaniacs,

I was in San Jose from Weds. Nov. 24 - Sun. November 28 and I stayed at the Hotel Presidente for the 9th time. I ran into many mongers and had many beers between the Prez, the Marlin and Key Largo. More than 4 or 5 days of near constant drinking and fucking have been previously determined to be my limit.

A few pointers: If you are drunk, VERY DRUNK and you feel the need to sleep in your seat, you are better off going to bed and going to sleep. Not only do you look like an idiot, your pants may find loose hands. I stood next to a guy who told me that after he got "felt up" by a girl that he was missing a $50 bill. Drunk AND stupid is no way to go through life, son.

My brothers, when coming to Latin America or traveling anywhere, please at least try to dress neatly. I saw many of you out there who look like you are auditioning for a rap video (i.e. wearing baseball caps and doo rags and jerseys). There is nothing wrong with the gear but look around,,,,,people don't dress like that. Be presentable, fortunatley the thug life and dress has not reached San Jose yet.

There seems to be a lot of people who travel to S.J. or other places that have no idea what to expect and are constantly asking questions "in the field". RAFF - read A fucking forum, any forum; I can't believe that I said that. But really, at least read a few pages of post and many if not most of your questions will be answered. Don't go anywhere without knowing what you are getting into. I have been to SJ 9 or 10 times but I had the sense to read up what to do and where to go. I knew the place before I ever stepped foot there and I do the same for other "working" destinations.

Don't insult the girls or be mean to them. True, the are all *****s, but they provide a great service. I had four call backs to the Prez asking where I was? What kind of shit is that!? Treat them nice and buy them breakfast, lunch or dinner and it will pay off on yer next trip.

The going rate for ass that I paid was between $40-$60 for strange at the Del Rey. I banged 6 or 7 strangers. I have a regular that gave me a freebe. An irregular bang I paid $120 for because she does anything for me. She cleaned the rectum, polished the balls (all bare back) gave up the dirt road and banged me right and swallowed every drop. True, she has a sloppy tummy and ass but it is good to find any woman who will do all of that. And after 15 beers and a ball game on tv, I was quitre pleased. You have to get a regular, they are out there.

I didn't hit club monaco this trip but I wish I did. $14 for on premises banging aint a bad deal!

And, don't be an idiot and pay the $100 that they will surely ask you.

Jaimito Cartero
12-02-04, 06:00
Well I've been busy doing stuff in my house here, so not much time to go out for much fun.

I went down to the Hotel Aurola to watch the Holdem tournament that was supposed to start today. (I called the hotel, and they said it was going to start at 12:30pm). I certainly wasn't going to pay $2000 to enter, even though I'm sure I would be out in time to make my flight tomorrow afternoon.
(Even if I have a pair of aces, I'd still get beat by that 7-2 off-suit!)

So instead of watching guys lose all their money in 10 minutes, I got a haircut kittycorner from the hotel. 1000c ($2.20) for a decent haircut. Maybe a 10 minute wait for a hairstyist who would get $100 at the Del Rey with no problems.

However, it was just the welcome party they were setting up for. I saw a few guys who won entry from Party Poker. Previously I had heard that the prize pool was going to be 500k, but now they said 250k. (Unless they were just talking about 1st place). First 15 places were going to be paid.

So I strolled over to Zona Blue and saw the new addition in front. I was kind of sorry to see the two or three parking spaces they had, as I sometimes drive and it's hard to find cheap or free parking right there.

Wanda was in the entry and I got a nice hug and kiss. She showed me back to the room where the girls are (which last year she said was going to be the VIP room, but hey, things change) and there were 5 very nice girls, and 3 moderate looking ones. Wanda brought me a bottle of water.

One that starting coming on real heavy was good looking, but a bit pushy, which is usually a bad sign. (Tiffany) I told her she looked too young, and she said, "Oh, I'm 15". Now, of course, she was 21, but she wanted to screw with me.

After watching a novella for a few mins, I went and snagged Wanda and tried to get a recommendation. She said they're all good, but I think she was trying to be neutral.

She did sit down for a bit, and ran her hands up my shorts and gave me some attention. I tried to take her to the room, but it wasn't going to work today. Not like it will stop me from trying.

I picked a dark haired girl, with nice C tits. Vanessa, 22yo, Nica (but raised last 11 years or so in CR).

Asked for payment when we got in the room. I haven't paid attention to what people are paying these days. Asked for 20k, inquired if I had the "Tica" card, but I hadn't purchased it, as my forays are pretty infrequent to ZB. Then came back and said she needed 600c more for the water.

I was a bit tight on time, since I had to be at the dentist in 90 minutes, and the traffic in San Jose is so bad in the afternoon. So I passed on the sauna and massage options, and just went for action.

Good kissing, and very nice nipples to suck on(with a bit of milk for those Calcium deficient folks). I then went deep sea diving on her nice shaved pussy. Pretty responsive, but nothing aural.

I then had her start on me, and while she gave a good attempt at BBBJ and ball washing, it was a bit below par. However, since it had been almost 2 months since I'd been with a chica it didn't take that long.

Still recommended for a nice attitude and nice body. Wanted to go to the sauna with me for the remaining 20 minutes, but I declined, so I could make it to my dentist on time. However, with the road construction on the street I usually take to Sabana, I was 15 minutes late.

Great dentist though. 7k for a nice ultrasonic cleaning, and polishing. 7k for a filling too. Actually talks to you (Not much English, but she tries), and has decent price for crowns/bridges and such too. (50k per tooth - Some lead time on lab work, though). PM me if you want info. (In the Rohrmoser/Pavas area).

Member #2041
12-02-04, 15:22
IMHO, this is a No Brainer - Zona Blue wins easily. The cost in Colones for New Fantasy is 18K, and no CRT discount is offerred. Zona Blue is 20K without the CRT discount, 17K with the discount.

The only advantage New Fantasy offers is free soft drinks, while Zona Blue charges 500-1000 colones. But ZB offers free internet access.

The overall quality at Zona Blue is much higher, IMHO, and the facility itself is superior. Of course, if you go to one and nobody there floats your boat, you can easily walk the 2 blocks to the other place and see what tickles your fancy.

Dinoman
12-03-04, 20:29
Blitz dog
there are many places to meet no or low price woman. I have luck at some of the bars at San Pedro. Many local and collage girls hang there. I stay at the Hotel La Gran Via and locals hang there also. The park by the Hotel Gran Costa Rica is a good place to meet chicas. Any park in San Jose can produce some action. It is important that you speak Spanish if not your chances are cut in half or more. But if your not looking for a girlfriend there are many low price places to go.(there are maps you can get from this and outer sites that point out many of these places.) For the most part if you do not live in CR don't look for a girlfriend. cheep sex is good and there's plenty of that there. Good luck with your trip.
Dinoman

Migrant One
12-03-04, 22:23
Blitz Dog

The bar and clubs in El Pueblo are very good. A selection of local ladies, semi pro girls, and pro girls on a night out.

Always had good luck there for little, or no more than drinks.

Met a lady 3.5 years ago, no fees and we still get together whenever I am around and want to.

Scott69
12-04-04, 02:22
Couple of updates here, I spent a few days on the boat in Jaco and went out to the Beetle Bar. There are a few decent girls but most 50-60% were butt-ass ugly and fat. It does not have the quality of girls in San Jose. You really need to be careful of the girls working the bar there, they will rip you off on you change. It has happened twice to me there.

I was also shocked to see a full blown fag hanging there (local tico) talking with the girls. He is a real flamer and I watched as he was trying to get guys for the girls. I was also told by some guys that one of the butt-ass uglys was a guy under the dress and makeup, I am not sure of this and did not want to find out myself. It is unreal they would let these types in, it changes the scene quite a bit. I have nothing against being gay, in fact I love it when the girls are but it should not be in a place where straight guys are looking for girls. This will only lead to trouble. Anyway watching a gay guy prance around in there kind of spoils the mood.

I thought only about 6 girls were good enough to do. However everyone has different tastes so there may be a few more you would like.

Back in San Jose I went to Josephine's the other night for a beer. I had heard that he owner was making changes so wanted to see. There is no cover which can be good or bad. I do not mind a small cover here (c1,000-2,000) to help keep out the rif-raf but that was not a problem there. I was not real impressed but they are trying. The quality of the girls was not so good and they wanted $15 to buy a drink for the girls and $20 for a private dance. It is $140 for a bottle of champaign and sex. Less money than Tango India Elite but still too much. I was told that not all the best girls were there, who knows.

Still the best places here are Flamingo, Le Grillion, Pantera Rose and Monaco. Less expensive and a lot of fun, in Flamingo you buy a C3,500 drink the girls will be striping at the table for you. Idem is always a sure thing also.

JayMav, thanks for replying to my last post, I applicate the response. You said in the post that Kumur "seems to be the very best value right now" but when I last went a few weeks ago I found the opposite. For one I was told at the door that the c2,500 cover was for three drinks but once inside it became only 2. Then I wanted a regular bottle of beer and was told I could have only a mug of some beer I never heard of. I went to talk with a girl I know and bought her a drink, they insisted I pay for it right now like I am some kind of criminal. Most of these were firsts for me here and I really did not like it. There was only one or two girls even worth looking at and many drunk locals screaming and yelling at the stage.

I trust you opinion is good and maybe something changed there. However I put it on my must avoid list with Puro Plantino, Lipstick, Babes and Hollywood. The way I see it weather the place rips you off with a taxi scam, adds to the bill or lies about the cover charge and what you get (like here) it is still a scam. If this has changed that is good but I will not go back until I hear that they changed all of this, let us know.

Scott

LotsaFun
12-04-04, 07:48
Before going into Mexico or other Latin American countries I recommend you get an exact understanding of the regulations regarding bringing autos into the various countries as they have serious import duties.

LAGNAF

Dear fellow mongers,

I'm ready to tackle the Spanish-language, I currently speak Chinese and Indonesian fluently.

I have some ideas and want to run them by my wise fellow mongers.

I was thinking of starting my vacation, for two to three months, depending how much I like Latin America, in Costa Rica.

I have looked into all of the necessary arrangements, I am discouraged although by the prices of hotels or extended-stay apartments. In Indonesia, in Bali, I can recommend the best Mongering hotel/apartment available it's incredible for only $250 a month. Daily maid service, refrigerator, beautiful, clean, safe, monger friendly. In China I had a beautiful apartment on the 10th floor of a beautiful building for about $250 a month. I am confident knowing the economic situation in Costa Rica and Latin America that I can find a similar price for the same Western-style quality. My question is where?

In China I could not drive but I had a motorcycle, in Indonesia I rented a car for about $230 a month. What are my options for independent transportation in Costa Rica? I have surfed the Internet and the cheapest I could come up with for any car rental is $1000 a month for a Nissan Sentra. Any other suggestions?

I have contemplated one option, buy a 1997 or so Japanese SUV and drive to Costa Rica, stopping along the way at some favorite monger hotspots. Also once I get my feet wet in Costa Rica I can go to Colombia, Panamá, and use the car for two to three months and then sell it for a small profit. And take a cruise home or maybe just fly.

This idea of course is excellent in theory, my ignorance lies in all of the negative aspects that I am not aware of.

I know you can never drive outside of the citys at night.

I also plan on having all of the windows in the car laminated with a special lamentation that makes them bullet proof and tinted, it will cost about $350 (Friend Price) but better safe than sorry.

Tell you the truth since I will be traveling on the major highway to Costa Rica and never traveling at night with bulletproof windows in a midsized SUV I'm not really afraid of terrorists or rebels or locals.

The scenario that frightens me the most are the immigration checkpoints I will be going through in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua even though I'll be on the major highway are these super safe? And will I have any problems bringing my vehicle across the borders?

My real concern is if it would be possible for me to travel alone or if I would have to travel with someone else. I'm sure it would be safer not to be alone but maybe it's less obtrusive or suspicious when you're alone. Let me know :-)

Please help me with any information that you can, and everyone's advice is welcomed without criticism!

Thank you very much!

Happy Mongering,

Master Monger

Baby Huey
12-04-04, 15:59
I am heading down to Costa Rica for some fun, Jan 17-21, is anybody going to be in town then?

Orgasm Donor
12-05-04, 03:42
I am heading for Puerto Limon , I think that is what is called, does anyone have any information about the action there?If you like black girls, nice looking ones can be found there. Be careful, alot of people with nothing better to do but cause trouble are there too. I only found 1 ATM cash machine in the whole town. I am often in downtown SJ, but didnt feel safe in Limon, so I didnt venture into any bars, discos etc.

O.D.

A Fool
12-05-04, 04:21
All that has been said is good. In San Pedro a great place is Tavarua (Calle de la Amargua, I believe) it's a university hang out. I like this place, but there's at last a half dozen other places on this street.

El Pueblo has many bars, some crowded some not (go inside, not just the big one just at the entrance). I never remember these bars names. This one place has two girls dancing inside. The one night they were both wearing these bright green spandex body suits (reminded me of the Presidente Beer Girls I've seen at promos in Puerto Rico). Anyway I got two dates with one of the dancers by just sending her few drinks and a little chit-chat between her sets one night. This palce usually isn't that roudy, the bar before this on the other side was having an amatuer wet t-shirt/beer guzzling/stripping contest one saturday night and everyone was out of control. The winner was picked by the crowd noise, she looked like a 18yo, and had no problem with flashing her snatch (the competition would not).

A Fool
12-06-04, 04:43
Couple of updates here, I spent a few days on the boat in Jaco and went out to the Beetle Bar. There are a few decent girls but most 50-60% were butt-ass ugly and fat. It does not have the quality of girls in San Jose. You really need to be careful of the girls working the bar there, they will rip you off on you change. It has happened twice to me there.I haven't been to Jaco in a while (months, but not over a year), but the last time I was there was plenty cuties (seen some of them at the Blue Marlin). They all had the same "cien dolares" asking fee that you had to try to negotiate down. The ones in a group would not budge on price (maybe because of the other girls listening?) but the solteras would after while. However it was a weekend and a Quiksilver surf contest was happening just own the road in Playa Hermosa (that's actually why I was there). So what prices were these sub-par Jaco hookers asking?

Hacke Beck
12-06-04, 19:36
Went to NC Kamur in San Jose it s a very cheap place, usd 5 all you can drink, average girls from 4 to 8 about 25. It more a place for locals but its ok for the price.

Baby Huey
12-08-04, 00:12
Presidente or Del-Rey, which is the best to stay/play at? I have stayed at the Preseidente, but ever at the Del-Rey. Most nights, sooner or later you end up down stairs at the Del-Rey. Looking what people think?

Member #3453
12-08-04, 03:55
One of the girls I met a couple of months ago switched over to work at Kamur from Casablanca. Here name is Patty, and she is a Dominicana. I don't really know if she stayed at Kamur or whether she is still working there today.

She emails me once in a while to say hello. Last time she emailed, she asked me to call her on her cell phone so she could say hello. She is probably wanting a Christmas present. Anyway, she is still a lot of fun, and seemingly sincere with her feelings in spite of liking money too.

I don't fault them for being entrepreneurs. I guess we all have to eat, but what they say about Dominicanas is true...they are all creative about how to get us to spend money on them.

But, with Patty, she likes me a lot...I can tell. If anybody goes to Kamur, tell her I said hello...she will recognize a similarity to my screen name here. She needs to earn some money to return to the Dominican Republic to see her kids for Christmas...so give her a nice tip (If she earns it of course).

Nick
12-08-04, 15:42
I always enjoyed staying at the Del Rey. The bar,resturant, room service and casino are open 24 hours. It is so convient to go down to the bar and find you a girl to take back to your room. the bar holds the girls have to sign in and leave her id with the hotel. This prevents the girls from taking things from your room. I have stayed ther 9 or 10 times and have not had any problems.

Crypton
12-08-04, 16:59
IMHO, Preisdente is better for a couple of reasons. First, there is no chica fee (this could add up in a hurry at $10 a pop and I am not talking overnight guests - you pay every time you take one up). Second, it is nice to get away from the whole Blue Marlin atmosphere once you choose a chica. Also, Presidente rooms are very nicely appointed, has a great breakfast buffet, a very nice restaurant.

Scott69
12-09-04, 06:40
I do not normally go with these girls but what I hear is $100. I guess it depends on the time of year and if something special is going on at the beach. There was some hotties there but not many, that could change but I still recommend you bring one with you for a better time.

My problem is I have become more picky since I live here. I see hot girls all day here and the working ones are not always the best. My opinion may be different from others, I understand that but fat is fat and a stomach popping out of her shirt turns me off.

I was not clear on the "girls at the bar". I was not talking about the hookers but the bartenders. They will take your money for the drinks and "forget" to bring the change.

I haven't been to Jaco in a while (months, but not over a year), but the last time I was there was plenty cuties (seen some of them at the Blue Marlin). They all had the same "cien dolares" asking fee that you had to try to negotiate down. The ones in a group would not budge on price (maybe because of the other girls listening?) but the solteras would after while. However it was a weekend and a Quiksilver surf contest was happening just own the road in Playa Hermosa (that's actually why I was there). So what prices were these sub-par Jaco hookers asking?

cannon
12-09-04, 21:50
Does anyone know the website that has a map of san jose with the different entertainment sites marked out. I'm planning a trip in january and havent been able to find the map site again.

Stork
12-10-04, 09:47
Dongordo.com has a map and other links for Costa Rica.

Member #2964
12-10-04, 15:34
Well Guys. It must be true.

"City's Park Hotel and bar move off into history after 60 years
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff

The Park Hotel was not exactly a national monument, but three generations of expats called it home from time to time.

The hotel at one time was THE place for North Americans and other foreigners to gather for drinks and business meetings. In the 1940s and 1950s, some say it was the ONLY place.

The hotel and bar drifted to the notorious lately, although a number of expats in Costa Rica and many frequent tourists to the rougher side of San José will mourn its passing.

The last operator, Bill Bullock, closed the place down and went west last month after an extended disagreement with the owners.

Owners are trying to sell the property for a use other than as a hotel and bar. The last guests treated the structure harshly, and there is a lot of damage, according to those present at the closing. The building is on Avenida 4 a half block west of Parque Central.

In recent years, the Park Hotel was known for the raunchy Friday evening girlie shows that filled up the narrow bar with expats.

If one were to make a list of spots the tourism institute did not want anyone to see, the Park Hotel would be a sure bet. Still the bar was a magnet for visiting North Americans who were interested in seeing and experiencing the less delicate side of Costa Rican life.

"It is a one of a kind place," said one fan."

Nipster
12-10-04, 18:41
Hey Fellow Mongs,

Am finally returning to SJ Jan 4th to the 29th! Can't wait and I know I won't be getting much sleep until then (or after!).

Booked a room at the new hotel and sporting bar called The Sportsmens Lodge. Bill, the owner seems most accomodating to guys on the hunt. Very reasonably priced and super chica friendly. It's a 2 minute taxi ride or a ten minute walk to the gulch also.

Anybody that wants to do a little hunting or exploring let me know! PM me and I will give you more info.

PARTY ON,

Charlie/Nipster

A Fool
12-11-04, 05:25
Does anyone know the website that has a map of san jose with the different entertainment sites marked out. I'm planning a trip in january and havent been able to find the map site again.JavMav posted a good one about a month ago its here --

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16105

Jaimito Cartero
12-11-04, 06:45
This was reported a couple of weeks ago on here. AMCosta Rica is a bit behind the curve.

Member #2964
12-11-04, 16:57
Jaimito. Are you saying I shoud be a repoter for A.M. Costa Rica. I believe Don Gordo repoted that the Park had closed. I reported that it had been sold to Boston University de San Jose. Now My question today is. If Bill only rented the business. Who owns the realestate?

Dutch Boy
12-11-04, 23:54
Hi everyone,

I will be in Costa Rica in a couple of weeks for some r+r down there.. and i was looking throught this forum for some of the best places around.. I found quite alot but they all seem 2 have the adresses missing!!, places i'am looking for are!!..

- Zona blue
- New Fantasy
- Park hotel
- Del ray hotel
- Idem club
- Oasis club

eldoble
12-12-04, 22:41
Hi everyone,

I will be in Costa Rica in a couple of weeks for some r+r down there.. and i was looking throught this forum for some of the best places around.. I found quite alot but they all seem 2 have the adresses missing!!, places i'am looking for are!!..

- Zona blue
- New Fantasy
- Park hotel
- Del ray hotel
- Idem club
- Oasis clubYou dont need the addresses just the names will do. There are no street signs on half the intersections and I wouldnt recommend driving. Also almost all of the places you mentioned are not within walking distance between them so you are left with taxi's, most of which speak english. Anything else?

EDS

cannon
12-13-04, 00:40
Thanks Stork, thats the one I was looking for.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Mule69
12-13-04, 00:48
[QUOTE=Dutch Boy]Hi everyone,

- Zona blue
- New Fantasy
- Park hotel
- Del ray hotel
- Idem club
- Oasis club[/QUOAdresses are a joke in San Jose,,People use landmarks,buildings etc.All these places are close to Del Rey although Park is now gone.Use a cab ,,it be cheap

Rebel Monger
12-13-04, 02:26
Adresses are a joke in San Jose,,People use landmarks,buildings etc.All these places are close to Del Rey although Park is now gone.Use a cab ,,it be cheapMule69, you're right, addresses don't mean much in San Jose, but a map can still be useful. DonGordo has a link to a map in his webpage (http://www.dongordo.com/).

About using a taxi, you're right on that one also, but during the day, you can walk to most places; and let's not forget that if a taxi takes you to a MP, that ride wouldn't be really that cheap, as the MP would add the taxi driver's commission to your tab! Idem being the exception!

Want To Play
12-13-04, 04:23
Dutch Boy, I agree with Mule69. Just use a cab. They are safe, fast, cheap and they all know how to get to the places you are interested in going. Have a great time too, as I am sure you will.

Main Man
12-13-04, 07:31
I'm going for a test run in CR for a few days. I'll be very pressed on time, so I'm hoping someone can clear up a few things for me. I'm starting in San Jose and will spend two nights there.

Strip Bars: Is there rip-offs other than champain and taxi scams? What can I expect to happen in these and how much should I expect to be billed? Any recommendations? Someone claimed to like Kamur. Does the body of wsg concur?

Massage Parlors: I guess Zona Blue is the most recommended?

Extended time: How does one procure a girl for the night or take one as a travel companion? How much should one expect to pay for this service?

Pimping myself: Any chance female american tourists will pay me for sex and travel =) Ok, just teasing there!

Travel: How much will a taxi from San Jose to Arenal run? Any idea how I could find out taxi rates in advance?

Itinery: I'm considering SJ to Arenal, Arenal to Monteverde, Monteverde to SJ.

OR

Plan B, SJ area tour, SJ to Carara/Iguana Park, Carara to Manuel Antonio, back to SJ. Do any of these places seem boring? I want to see natural beauty and wildlife. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

JavMav
12-13-04, 14:44
Dutch Boy,

The map you may have found before might be: http://www.geocities.com/crmonger/index.html

That one is color-coded with reference numbers that correspond to a directory on the bottom. For planning, it is good. For walking/riding around, I still like the other map I posted:

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/atta...achmentid=16105

Member #2626: Regarding Kamur, I've never been myself. I'll try on the 23rd. It sounds like you may have had some first-visit discomfort. They are aggressively marketing their attitude and price. There have been some really good reviews elsewhere along with a couple of so-so ones. If you go again, tell them you heard about their "new attitude" on the internet, and request a tour.

Well, wait until I go. I'll be the Ugly American and see how they treat me!

If anyone wants to meet at the Blue Marlin around 5pm on the 23rd, I'll buy a round. I'll wear a hat backwards and be at a table to the right of the bar. Probably a crowded table as I owe a drink to a lot of people! Will answer to Mav' or to SlickWings.

Mav'

Member #2964
12-13-04, 15:21
Mule.,

The Park Hotel is No Mas. Closed buddy. You missed it. As is Fara Rojo.

Rebad
12-15-04, 17:47
Do any of the girls a ZB, BM, IDEM do anal?

Coquí
12-16-04, 07:02
Mr rebad:

There is a girl at ZB that caters to your needs. Her name is Samantha. There are several postings and photos from her in the forum maybe 4 months ago. Best bet is to call ZB and check if she still there. I found a girl at Europa 2000 by the name of Diana that also may help you out.

Good luck

Coquí

Coquí
12-16-04, 15:16
Rebad:

Go to page 15 on the Costa Rica photo section post #107 & 108 date 5-19-04 and you will see Samantha from NF.

Happy huntings......

Coquí

Jaimito Cartero
12-16-04, 17:22
Jaimito. Are you saying I shoud be a repoter for A.M. Costa Rica. I believe Don Gordo repoted that the Park had closed. I reported that it had been sold to Boston University de San Jose. Now My question today is. If Bill only rented the business. Who owns the realestate?

Perhaps the Park was dearer to some mongers heart than the standard Expat here! Nothing wrong with the Park, but the only time I would go is to expose a newbie to it. It seemed the last year that the girls were getting worse.

Duro Burro
12-16-04, 19:42
Simple question- Is it better to exchange for Colones or use dollars? Or more importantly, do the Ticas even take dollars?

Down in CR in April and was wondering what is the protocol.

Gracias,

Duro

Coquí
12-16-04, 21:50
DB

Most establishments at the gringo glutch accept dollars but away from them is not common. If you get to San Jose before 10:00pm there is a bank at the airport that you can exchange any amount you want. Oh by the way you can also purchase your exit tax ticket also there at the same. There are less lines when you arrive. If you want to do this you have to exit the arrivals area go across the street and upstairs to the departure area. That is what I normally do. You will also find you can bargain better in colones. When I spend the colones from the airport's bank I normally exchange the dollars at the casinos or hotels.

happy huntings....

Coquí

JavMav
12-16-04, 22:18
The ATM's I used did not charge any fee, and the exchange rate was better than the hotels or the airport. Not MUCH different, but a little.

Negotiating in Colones is more fun. It's like using casino chips instead of cash! Just remember, they're smarter than you are in currency-speak, so be careful!

JavMav

Scott69
12-17-04, 04:41
Never, never, never let the taxi take you somewhere they want, it is a scam. Places that do this kind of BS include lipstick and puro platino. I like places such as Le Grilion, Flamingo and Pantera Rosa they do not pull scams. If you ever get ripped off or scammed at these places PM and I will talk to the owners. I post about places that do not have scams to help you guys out and the owners know it. If they pull a scam they will loss business and at least a few places are smart enough not to do it.

Service in this country is very bad, there are few places that give good service. There is an attitude here of think only for today, just to make as much as you can without thinking of tomorrow. I hate places like this and love to expose their ways here, like Kryssis, I have NEVER heard anything good about that place. There are few places that have learned that many of you guys return here more than once. This is why I recommend Hotel Presidente to stay at, restaurants like Tin Jo and the strip clubs above. Idem is a great place for good-looking girls but I have heard he may pay the taxes that bring you there. I do not know if that is true since it never happened to me.

This attitude is also in the Del Rey girls. When you deal with a girl you like and are with her more than once tell her you are coming back soon. Chances are she will treat you better and take less money if they think you Will return for her.

Durro Buro:
It is best to use the local currency while here. Even though the dollar is accepted almost everywhere it is not the US and you may get clipped on the exchange rate. You can change dollars at the banks here (not before you leave home) or use an ATM machine. Don't change at casinos, airport or on the Street only the banks.

Scott

A taxi driver took my buddy and I from one strip joint to one he recommended. Lipstick was the place (right next to Kryssis), and guess what. They charged us the same as the other higher end strip joint!!! Bullshit---obviously getting a kickback from the strip joint. 3 beers for $15.00 US for a lower end place. I asked a girl about the girl prices, so she brought some dude that worked there to answer. He said he would be right back.

When he returned he quoted us $150.00 for an hour including the room. Later I asked a girl that worked there how much. She said it was $75.00. Bottom line if a taxi takes you places and if they know where you came from, they are going to try and scam you. Fuck em.

GoRio

Shamas
12-18-04, 06:16
My local Puritan Policia popped the AMPs, half million $ seized, over a 100 got felony inditements, my favoritas have their rubber tits in a pinch. :-( , Life Sucks Today.

I have a plan to make it all better. New Years in SJO will take care of the blues. I'll book tomorrow.

Shamas O'Dognasty
Gourmet Catering &
Septic Tank Cleaning

Adios to the Park Hotel. I was lucky to see in when it was still good.

SO'D

JavMav
12-18-04, 21:02
Anybody interested in a beer or a girl on either of thess dates, I would be excited (in a fraternal sort of way) to meet you!

Plan on arriving at the BM no later than 5pm, probably earlier. True to my word, I will try Kamur later in order to find out if my 2nd-hand recommendation was bogus.

Zona Blue the next morning, then back to the states.

Mostly a repeat on the 30th.

Shamas... What city THIS time? Haven't heard about it in ATL, but I've been busy planning Buenos Aires activites...

My guess is Houston. They've been due to be screwed with in our "free" country. What a joke. Drives me crazy when I hear people spouting that phrase. Yeah, we can travel, but read the rules! Can't buy beer on SUndays.. you

Ace00
12-19-04, 17:54
Shamas,

A half million $ in Louisville? A hundred indictments? Bigger business than I thought. Maybe we are in the wrong business. What would it take to open an AMP? A little rent, some towels, some condoms? A table. Some chicas.

I too will miss the Park Hotel and it's weekend shows and the bevy of chicas. I suspect that some will have relocated to the New York bar or the Blue Marlin. We shall see.

New Years in SJO sounds great. Unfortunately the airfares from ATL at the moment are high. I will be there for the Superbowl game weekend, however.

Ace

Member #2964
12-19-04, 18:30
Ace.

I just spoke with a favorita provider from the now closed Park Hotel. She and a few others are indeed at the New York Bar. Very unhappy. Business is slow. NO CIEN. I spoke to my all time (for now) favorita from Zona Blue and she is singing the blues since Wanda left. Changed environment.

Anyway next week I will be in San Jose: will give you guys STUCK in the States a up close and personal undate.

Rebad
12-19-04, 19:47
There are references on CRT to Lesbian Shows in Strip clubs or bars.

Does anyone here have any information?

Jaimito Cartero
12-20-04, 18:00
If you get to San Jose before 10:00pm there is a bank at the airport that you can exchange any amount you want.

I do not recommend using the bank that is by the luggage area. It's brand new (wasn't there 3 weeks ago), and has horrible exchange rates.

When I was in Houston, a guy came up to his wife and proudly announced that he had changed $100, so he'd have colones in Costa Rica. I asked the exchange rate, and he said he got 370 to the dollar. I cringed.

Then in CR, the "bank" was giving 410 to the dollar. This is almost 10% worse than a normal bank will give you. (446 to the dollar is the official rate now, I think).

I'd use an ATM, or the taxis will take dollars to get you to your hotel, no problem. If you take a 10% hit on all your exchanges you're throwing away a LOT of money.

Jaimito Cartero
12-20-04, 18:28
There are references on CRT to Lesbian Shows in Strip clubs or bars.

Does anyone here have any information?

Well I went out with a couple of Tico buddies the other night, and did a couple of new places, and one repeat visit.

Having a car in San Jose is helpful in some respects, but it is a pain in the ass too. I drove to San Pedro (about a mile away from the mall), to go to D'Pelufo. A medium sized bar. They have a very limited amount of parking in the back, but it was full. They pointed us across the street to a bank, where they had security watching the cars. 1000 colones (which is a bit expensive for anyplace other than downtown San Jose).

We then managed to get back across the street without getting killed. There was a line formed in front. They were doing pretty complete pat downs before entry. They wouldn't let me bring my camera in (New 5 megapixel small Pentax), and they held onto it. I wasn't thrilled about this, but they gave me a receipt and I thought I'd see what happened.

3500 colones per person, which includes 2 drinks. This was on Friday night, so I don't know if other nights are priced differently.

We came right in the middle of a nice lesbian show. There were a few open seats near the main stage (mirrored back), but when I tried to grab one, a manager told me in English that it cost 2200 colones for a seat there. You got two more drinks, but I declined.

Two blondes were going at each other fairly well. This place was so packed, that we really couldn't move. This place could hold 50 people comfortably, but had about 250 people in it. I'd hate to think what would happen if a fire broke out here.

After they finished, we moved behind the bar area, and managed to find a window (into another room) that we could sit at. I noticed a pole in the other room, so thought there would be shows here too. I was correct.

A nicely packed, silcon enhanced blonde came on. She gave a nice show for one song, and then asked for a volunteer from the audience. A guy willingly went with her, and she started stripping away his shirt. Then she took his pants down. I've seen this type of stuff at dozens of strip places before, so nothing special so far.

She then pulls his boxers down, which I've only seen a couple of other places before. She then pulls his limp little dick out and looks at it with disgust. Now this, I had never seen before. She then smacks the dick hard. No response from the guy. She then has him lay down on the floor, she then body slams his crotch with her ass from a height of 2 feet. My 'nads retracted so far just seeing that!

She then took her high heeled shoe and stomped on his crotch with it. Perhaps this was similar to the WWF wrestling match, but it ALL looked real to me.

She then turned the guy over, and had him on all fours on the floor. She clamped his head between her thighs, standing up, and then proceeded to take a belt from another guy there. She then started beating this guy on his bare ass. Totally real here, as I could see the 2" wide welts on this ass and back. She gave about 10 hard whacks to this guy. Totally unbelievable.

She then finishes by turning the guy over, getting a plastic cup with ice, and putting it over his dick. Then she crushed it with her high heeled boot into his crotch.

This happened one more time while I was there, although the next guy wasn't totally limp, so that girl only gave him a few whacks. One other guy chickened out after getting a single whack, and wouldn't even pull his pants down.

Overall this place is interesting. If they want a volunteer and start to take your clothes off, run like hell, unless you like public humiliation. They did have guys help oiling up a girl, so not all volunteers were whipping boys.

They had 1000 colones lap dances, for an hour or so, with the girls with cute little Santa hats on. A few girls gave some really excellent ones.

They also had 6000 colon private room dances. I didn't get one, but they do have a locking door, and I saw a number of kleenex on the floor, so perhaps a hand job was involved.

The girls her range from a 6 to a 9. I saw NO gringos there, but I wouldn't be afraid to go there alone. We got there at 10pm, and left at 1am. Not sure of the hours, but would guess 8pm-4am.

Macgoo
12-22-04, 01:47
Willie D

Good that someone else noticed that the SJO Photo section was being hijacked. Great photos; thanks for the restoration; I see you had your Turkey, and Stuffings too. BTW, those fake tits are much better than the fake COHIBAs you bought off the street. FYI, COHIBA does not make a see-through box. Those are knock-offs made purely for tourists (American) consumption.

Jaimito Cartero
12-22-04, 18:37
After going to D'Pelufo, we headed to Kamur. 3000 colones entry, 500 colones for parking. Entry gets your 4 shots, or 2 beers, I think. Since I don't usually drink, I asked for water. The slightly rude waitress told me it was going to cost all 4 tickets. I'd rather waste them...

It's a fair sized place, about 3 times larger than D'Pelufo. Quality of girls are so-so. Range from a 3-7. Table dances 2000 colones for 2 dances, private dances (in an open booth) are 4000 colones. They also give prices in dollars, but they're higher.

Lots of kind of worn out girls here. I can only recall one show that was even decent.

One of my tico buddies asked the price for a room + girl. 40k was quoted. I got a private show with a slightly flat chested girl, who was passionate at least. You get full contact, and can do about everything short of pulling your dick out.

I asked how much for the room, and was quoted 80k, when I declined, she went to 70k. These are insane prices for Costa Rica.

I saw another waitress bring what looked like water to another table. I asked her for water, and she brought me some. No tickets asked for. I gave her 500 colones, and she gave it back saying the water was free. I guess they don't get tipped here much! She was dumbfounded when I gave it back to her.

Out of the 20-25 girls here, I'd say that 50% were doable, but for anyone to pay even 40k is rather silly for the quality of girls here.

Ford
12-22-04, 23:50
Hey Mates,

Got a quick question on accomodations. Will be down in SJO for long overdue (and much needed) trip in Januray. I want a hotel w/ a pool. (Need some place to lay out and listen to my Carlos Santana cd's);)

- Holiday Inn Aurola has pool (indoor), charges $74 a night on their website for room w/ king bed...... opinions? Extra for a guest?

- Best Wetern Downtown, charges $58 on their site. How is the pool, rooms etc...... opinions? Extra for a guest?

Thank you for the info,
Cheers.

JavMav
12-23-04, 01:59
Just worried you will run across the Radisson. A great place and a very nice pool, but you will be listening to Carlos Santana ALL BY YOURSELF!

See Ya',

Mav'

Jaimito Cartero
12-23-04, 05:51
Hey Mates,

Got a quick question on accomodations. Will be down in SJO for long overdue (and much needed) trip in Januray. I want a hotel w/ a pool. (Need some place to lay out and listen to my Carlos Santana cd's);)

- Holiday Inn Aurola has pool (indoor), charges $74 a night on their website for room w/ king bed...... opinions? Extra for a guest?

- Best Wetern Downtown, charges $58 on their site. How is the pool, rooms etc...... opinions? Extra for a guest?

Thank you for the info,
Cheers.

The Aurola does charge extra for guests. People who are members of their frequent stay program have reported that they didn't get dinged for "guest" fees. I haven't stayed there myself...

Nipster
12-23-04, 06:16
Chica fees at the Holiday Aurola are either $23 or$25. I can't recall which. Way out of line no matter how you slice it.
Pax,

Nipster

Dodger Bulldog
12-23-04, 08:11
I just bought my plane ticket and will be arriving in San Jose on Christmas night, through New Years Day.

This is my first time in CR, and I am really looking forward to it. My Christmas present to myself!

I would love to hook up with other mongers there for comraderie and excursions. PM me if you will be in town then and let me know how, when, and where to meet up.

DB

Crypton
12-23-04, 17:52
Hey DB,

Just go to Blue Marlin around 7 PM, there will be plenty of mongers there.

Crypton
12-23-04, 17:53
Hey GoRio,

Still waiting for that FR from San Jose ;-)

Dinoman
12-23-04, 19:18
If the Presedente is sold out try the Hotel La Gan Via I like it better than the Presedente and it is less expensive. The rooms are big and clean and the location is the great they have a website if you want to check it out.

Alex P Keaton
12-23-04, 20:40
- Best Wetern Downtown, charges $58 on their site. How is the pool, rooms etc...... opinions? Extra for a guest? I stayed there this summer. It was okay in a pinch, but I wouldn't make it my first choice. The rooms were smallish and showed their age but were kept clean. The pool, which is on the ground floor next to the restaurant, appeared to be clean (I just lounged by it but didn't swim in it). The hotel is in a somewhat dodgy area, and you might not want to walk to and from it at night (I did, but I'm young and dumb). Some of the staff were helpful, and some were not. Here's an example of the staff that weren't helpful. My friend and I flew in separately, and I arrived about three hours before she did. I checked in, showered, and took a nap. She arrived later and showed the front desk staff a printout of our room reservation WITH MY NAME ON IT and they told her that I had not arrived yet and put her in her own room. We didn't find each other until the next day, and we were charged for both rooms for our first night there.

Rebel Monger
12-23-04, 21:10
Dinoman,

Hotel La Gran Via is my favorite too, I always stay there. If I understood right, you said (sometime ago) that local girls hang out there. Can you elaborate about it?

Thanks!

Nipster
12-24-04, 05:23
Try the new Sportsmens Lodge. $55 and no chica fees! They also have a website. Has a bar, restaurant, 4 satellite feeds, pool table and adult movies free on your tv. Plus free breakfast. I will be staying there 2 weeks in Jan. 2 min. cab ride or 10 min. walk to the gulch. Very safe neighborhood in Barrio Otoya. Tell Bill I sent you.

PAX,

Charlie aka Nipster

AlLostInSpace13
12-24-04, 14:43
I was in CR for 2 weeks and spent a couple days in San Jose. My observation was that CR women are generally over weight! I was surprised that almost everything that I ordered in restaurants have been cooked in or some how mixed with butter. One day I wandered into the central market and noticed that both men and women were having a huge heaping plate of food as lunch. No wonder.
I did not do any mongering, so I can't comment on the quality there, but CR women are not thin.

Rebel Monger
12-24-04, 20:32
Never mind about the information. I read your old messages and found what I needed. Thanks!

Coquí
12-25-04, 00:23
AlLostInSpace13:

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have not seen as many over weight women in SJ as I see in the states. As a matter of fact the only fat people were us gringos. I have seen many "curvy" Jlo type in CR but for every over weight I find in SJ I find 50 in any major city in the good old USA.

I take CR women over any place in the states not only for looks but ATTITUDE.

Happy huntings.........

Dick Bagwell
12-25-04, 17:12
Coqui,

Agreed, the comment was biased at best. The average Tica is slim and gorgeous. The obesity and childhood obesity problem in the U.S. is out of control.

You can't compre Tica to American girls and I am American! Yessir

Rebad
12-25-04, 21:05
Try the new Sportsmens Lodge. $55 and no chica fees! They also have a website. Has a bar, restaurant, 4 satellite feeds, pool table and adult movies free on your tv. Plus free breakfast. I will be staying there 2 weeks in Jan. 2 min. cab ride or 10 min. walk to the gulch. Very safe neighborhood in Barrio Otoya. Tell Bill I sent you.

PAX,

Charlie aka Nipster

I'm staying here now.
This hotel is new and nice. Its quiet, very close to all the action, well kept, and Bill and Ray are tops in my book. They will help you find anything and everything you could want.

Check out the hotel reviews on **************.com.

Tell them Robert from xmas said hello.

Oh Yes..........................Enjoy and make us proud!

Maboman
12-26-04, 00:20
Hey guys,

I'll be in SJO in mid March or early April. I have posted a few topics here and was considering staying at the Presidente, but looked at the Sportsmans Lodge website and it looks nice. Since I have never been to SJO before I am not sure where it is located in proximity to the normal hotels mentioned here, ie Presidente, Del Rey etc. Plus to be honest it looks like they are setting it up for the hobby.

Could someone enlighten me on this please?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Maboman

Jaimito Cartero
12-26-04, 04:12
After some pictures earlier this year, I thought I'd try Karla with Stephanie at Idem. However, Stephanie isn't there, so I had Karla choose someone. She choose Diana, a 23 year old petite, raven haired chica.

The lesbian action was moderate at best. They were accomodating for my picture taking, but the mood just wasn't there.

I've seen Karla 4 times, I think, and it seems she's getting tired of working, as each time her performance seems to sink a bit more. And of course, being the judgemental prick I am, her body is declining a bit.

19k per girl, plus 500 for each condom.

Diana was decent, but nothing spectacular either. Perhaps I just get tired of the same girls?

Karla didn't want a lesbian pic posted, so I'll honor that. I will put a clothed pic of Diana up. B cup breasts, pencil eraser nipples.

Jaimito Cartero
12-26-04, 04:23
After going to Idem, I went with a Tico buddy and picked up JavMav at the Del Rey.

We went to D'Pelufo at about 8:30pm or so. It was pretty empty. At first, I thought that it was closed, as there was only one other car there. We parked, and went in. The check for weapons wasn't thorough this time, and my Tico buddy, Ronaldo had my camera in his pocket.

We got the best, non-paying seats (stools behind the paying area) in the house. It was real slow for the first hour, and then a lot more people came in. Finally at about 10:30 the house was 90% full.

They asked for volunteers to come on the stage, and JavMav didn't want to, so I went up. I had heard that it was a ice cube helper (ice cube in mouth, rubbing it all over her body). I can do that!

When they wanted me to get ON the stage, I knew I had fcked up! I told them, "No faja"!. They said, no, no, no. She jumped up and straddled me and pumped against me. So far, so good.

Then she told me to lay down face down on the stage. I was repeating my mantra, "Om, mani, padme, NO FAJA"!. She straddles me, and then pulls my shorts down and starts to spank my ass. I guess there's some Karma in this action, but I wasn't enjoying it. The girl asked for belt, but I would have bucked this chica off in a second if any leather came into the vicinity. Security refused, so she just smacked mi nalgas some more.

I then got up, and she gave me a kiss, and acted all friendly. Then she slapped my ass again. I then smacked HER ass hard, and she didn't like it, but hey, it was her turn. I got a bit of an ovation, and went back to my chair.

I *really* should know better. The chica then came over, and hung around me for a few minutes. We stayed until a bit after 1am. I had a dentist appointment in the morning, so couldn't stay out to dawn this time.

JavMav got a private show with Michelle (There are two Michelles, this is the one that uses only the name of Michelle). She seemed to have the best body, and the best attitude. I'll leave it to him to report the experience.

We stopped by Arcadas (next to Molino Rojo). 1k entry, with one drink, 8k for girl, but we only stayed for 45 minutes.

I thought the caliber of girls was similar between Kamur and Arcadas. Only 32k difference!

Party BMW
12-26-04, 23:49
I got back a week ago. I have mixed reviews about SJO.

I arrived at noon to Hotel Presidente. Very nice rooms. Thanks for the recomendation (no chica fees).

First day I did six girls in 12 hours. Assisted by vitamin V of course. All were $100.

Zona blue. Blonde with small tits and a big butt (i like) got BBBJCIM. Only 24K colones WOW.

Del Rey. Blonde 18yo long hair blue eyes very pretty. Shaved pussy. Great sex. Best girl in CR.

Del Rey. Blonde 19yo long hair blue eyes (wig) (too much tinting, bad hair day i guess). Stayed 90 minutes. Two blows. Good GFE.

Del Rey. Brunette tiny and skinny. No good.

Krysis. Brunette small tits nice butt. OK sex.

Del Rey. Brunette, a little pushy, but was the best at that time. Anal for an extra $60.

I got tired at at 2 am. Went to sleep.

Next day

Zona blue. Brunette long hair. Stayed 1 hour sex, sauna and steam bath. Sex no good.

Flew to Tamarindo. Big mistake. No action.
Found a tall Nica from Del Ray. Brunette long hair (picture posted 19yo lactating). Great sex. Played in bed, nice tits and ass and a little anal.

Next day flew from Tamarindo to SJO and back to the States.

My bigest problem was no cell service and had to cut the trip short.
If any of you can resolve this let me know. I need to be able to receive and make calls from my phone. Or call from my CR hotel without caller ID to my home phone. Any ideas?

FlyingAce
12-27-04, 03:59
Party BMW -

Having lived and worked in Central America for 5 years, and currently residing in Lima, Peru - I can appreciate the problem with Costa Rican phone systems. Unless you have a cell phone registered in CR - others don't work.

An alternative is to look at uReach in the US - there are others - that offer an 800 number in the US that also include voice mail and the ability to call your number and then make calls from the connection. The number that shows up should then be an 800 US number on the called phone.

FlyingAce

Dick Bagwell
12-27-04, 14:52
Party BMW,

You have mixed results of SJ? I call that a pretty good 12 hours! Banging 6 chicks in 12 hours is pretty damned good.

Just try that back where you are now and report your results!

Jaimito Cartero
12-27-04, 18:46
I think paying $100 for EVERY Del Rey chica is also silly. I went into the bar the other night, and while there are some hot looking chicks, to pay $100 is just wasteful. When there are 50 chicas there, and 10 guys, you know the price is going to come down.

Why did you assume there would be action in Tamarindo? If you've read the forum, you'd know that you need to bring a chica with you if you want to be guaranteed a girl. Perhaps Jaco has a decent supply, but you'll do better financially and (probably) sexually with your own "take out".

I have no input on being available all the time. There are some "dial around" and "call forwarding" services out there. I tried one a few years ago, but there was such a lag in the call ringing through that I abandoned the idea.

Main Man
12-27-04, 20:03
I never paid that much and I slept with the best looking girls Del Rey had. In fact, a threesome only costs 60,000 colones with two of the very hotest women I've ever seen in Del Rey. Paying more won't get you any better service and it is fucking things up for everyone else, as well as getting you labeled a sucker.

It may be too late now, but hopefully they won't remember you by the time you come back.

SC Oral Guy
12-28-04, 17:12
I am planning a trip to CR in january 2005 and would like some innfo, I am interested in knowing which hotel is best and nicest price is not as important as how nice the room is. What should I exxpect to pay for a girl for overnight stay "I am also more interested in quality and looks thhan price", I would also like to go fishing while there how close is a place to go lake fishing "bass" or ocean fishing if thats closer. There are 2 of us going he is bringing his girl that is bisexual and thhey want to try a few girls also. And lastly is there someone who gives guided tours of where to pick up the best girls etc. we dont speak spanish and figure a guide can help with and language problem. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in Advance SC Oral Guy

Rebad
12-30-04, 04:10
I am planning a trip to CR in january 2005 and would like some innfo, I am interested in knowing which hotel is best and nicest price is not as important as how nice the room is. What should I exxpect to pay for a girl for overnight stay "I am also more interested in quality and looks thhan price", I would also like to go fishing while there how close is a place to go lake fishing "bass" or ocean fishing if thats closer. There are 2 of us going he is bringing his girl that is bisexual and thhey want to try a few girls also. And lastly is there someone who gives guided tours of where to pick up the best girls etc. we dont speak spanish and figure a guide can help with and language problem. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in Advance SC Oral Guy

I just got back from CR over the xmas holiday.

You are going to want to pick up Delray girls. There are a few that are worth $100.00 but most will go with you for $70.00

try to stay at the presidente hotel. its a short walk to all the action.

Bring your own condoms and enjoy.

Jaimito Cartero
12-30-04, 17:06
I would also like to go fishing while there how close is a place to go lake fishing "bass" or ocean fishing if thats closer.

There are a lot of fishing lodges on the Pacific side. I haven't taken any myself, but you should be able to find some interesting things to do there. There is some fishing done on lakes, (Arenal, etc) but I think you'll get much better action on the ocean.

There are a number of girls who will do 3 ways. Karla and Diane at Bar Idem. I'd check out Zona Blue and Bar Idem first. The Blue Marlin has some very nice looking chicas, but they can be very hit and miss.

I've heard of guys giving paid tours, but have no recent info on them. There are some escorts out there, but you will pay 2-10 times more than just going to a place and finding your own. You can often negotiate a daily rate, or take them to the beach/fishing with you. Find a good chica first, and then negotiate afterwards. Most chicas just LOVE going to the beach.

Jaimito Cartero
12-30-04, 17:17
Well, I'm just about to leave, so thought I'd try to get some more fun in before I have to go back to the cruel, mean world.

I haven't been to Machu Pichu for a year, and thought I'd do a twosome. MP and Oasis.

I got there a little after 6pm, and they had no open rooms. The nice looking manger chica asked if I had been there before. Knowing that if I said no, they'd try and get another 5k out of me, I of course, said, "claro".

She told me it would be 15 minutes. I wanted to look at the girls that were there, but she said to wait and see who was available when the rooms were.

There were 3 guys waiting before me. One left, and the other two said they had been there for 30 minutes more than me.

After waiting for 35 minutes, a room finally opens. The other two guys go in, but don't like the chicas there. They let me pick. 4 girls. One pretty cute blonde, and the others were a mixed bag. Ranged from a 4-7.5. Being the glutton that I am, I picked the nicest one.

No pricing was ever mentioned. I only spoke Spanish, so was treated well. I took a quick shower, and came back to the room that Joann was in. 19yo, born in CR to Italian and Colombian parents. Probably the nicest *looking* girl I've been with in CR this year.

She seemed very hyper. Whether this had to do with work being over, or if she was on something, I don't know.

She's 5'8", slim, with a shaved pussy. Some slight acne, with nice large B breasts, very, very pert nipples.

It all goes downhill from here, though. Crummy massage, moderately nice HJ, seems to want to rush a bit. She hurriedly puts the condom on, and proceeds with a decent CBJ. Then wants to fuck after a few minutes. I had her continue the CBJ. She was doing all sorts of fake moaning and such, which doesn't do much for me.

No kissing, no DATY, no BBBJ. 3 strikes, she's out!

After I blew, I did have her keep giving me a massage. Not really good, but better than nothing. I got about 30 minutes total time before she said she *had* to go shower.

She didn't ask for a tip, and I handed her the 10k in the lobby, and no attempt at upcharging.

The rooms are clean. The massage tables are a bit akward to do much in, but it's a decent place. I forgot my camera, so no pictures. She definitely struck me as a "no pictures" type girl anyway. She does also work at the Elite strip place just down the street on Paseo Colon.

Went out and found that Machu Pichu was closed. Had to settle for KFC on the corner. (Yuck!)

Ford
12-30-04, 20:53
Thanks to all you "San Jose players." I recieved quite a bit of help on the board and several pm's about accomodations in SJO. I decided on the Hotel Europa w/ pool for around $58 a night. Money is not really a huge issue with me - but to throw away $25 per night extra at the Holiday Inn for a guest is a total waste!

Thank you for the help - I have found that the guys on this board (SJO) are very helpful and accomodating with all sorts of questions.

Cheers,
FORD