PDA

View Full Version : Living in Brazil

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

PatmarBeleza1
07-30-14, 16:06
That's very informative.

"So how does one go about getting the accomodation that you stayed in?" Do you seriously think I'm that stupid that I'll give up my place on this forum?
I never stay in hostels, but there are lots of them in most Zona Sul favelas. What I heard they are quite expensive.
Nice view of Vidigal. No, I didn't stay in Vidigal.
Without connections it's not easy to find a nice accomodation at a good rate in a nice Zona Sul favela. You'll have a lot of competition from brazilians looking for a place to stay.

FuckAfMedDig
08-05-14, 12:32
So I witnessed a bunch of arrestaos on ipanema beach, copacabana and all along nossa senhora and they were stopping busses, robbing. Big problem on weekends-not safe. Hundreds of kids. Also on botagofo beach I saw robbers on motorbikes roll up. And a suicide in laranjeira. Someone jumped onto pavement from high-rise, police didn't even cover woman's body. Feels tense in city.

Eric Cartman
08-06-14, 02:42
So I witnessed a bunch of arrestaos on ipanema beach, copacabana and all along nossa senhora and they were stopping busses, robbing. Big problem on weekends-not safe. Hundreds of kids. Also on botagofo beach I saw robbers on motorbikes roll up. And a suicide in laranjeira. Someone jumped onto pavement from high-rise, police didn't even cover woman's body. Feels tense in city.This past Sunday August 03? Was it the part of Nossa Senhora closer to Ipanema? I didn't hear anything about this. I know there was a rally down by Copacabana Palace but it was political and I didn't see many people out around Lunchtime.

Mangera
08-06-14, 02:58
This past Sunday August 03? Was it the part of Nossa Senhora closer to Ipanema? I didn't hear anything about this. I know there was a rally down by Copacabana Palace but it was political and I didn't see many people out around Lunchtime.Sundays rally in Copa was related to the issues in Israel. I was catching some rays on the beach, and all was peaceful.

Azn Safado
08-06-14, 15:04
So I witnessed a bunch of arrestaos on ipanema beach, copacabana and all along nossa senhora and they were stopping busses, robbing. Big problem on weekends-not safe. Hundreds of kids. Also on botagofo beach I saw robbers on motorbikes roll up. And a suicide in laranjeira. Someone jumped onto pavement from high-rise, police didn't even cover woman's body. Feels tense in city.I was walking on that sidewalk on Rua do Catete next to Largo do Machado on Monday and saw that dead body on the sidewalk. By the time I arrived, the area where she fell had been sectioned off with some yellow tape and two policemen were standing over the body. It had been covered with a black bag but you could still see her arm and fingers sticking out. It was pretty gruesome!

Jan 156
08-07-14, 04:19
That's very informative.Come on. Patmar. I'll always give what advice I can to someone wanting to know their way about, but I'm not going to expose a personal relationship that benefits me greatly just for ten thousand ISG readers to turn up and want a place to take their puppies. It's akin to saying, "Hey what's the phone number of that non-pro you were with?" It's not going to do anyone else any good but it will ruin a good thing for one person. The only point in mentioning it is to indicate how the situation can be if you work at it yourself and how it can indeed be worthwhile. (No, I don't normally stay in favelas, but I do rent at knock-down rates occasionally via personally developed friendships. People that don't make a connection to mongering. So posting details to people I don't know well through actual, not internet, friendship is silly, and putting it on a public mongering board is daft. I don't have the connections Sperto has, but I can see the point, and it is well worth building *local* friendships and contacts while in Rio iMHO.)

PatmarBeleza1
08-10-14, 07:21
Actually it was very informative.

Come on. Patmar. I'll always give what advice I can to someone wanting to know their way about, but I'm not going to expose a personal relationship that benefits me greatly just for ten thousand ISG readers to turn up and want a place to take their puppies. It's akin to saying, "Hey what's the phone number of that non-pro you were with?" It's not going to do anyone else any good but it will ruin a good thing for one person. The only point in mentioning it is to indicate how the situation can be if you work at it yourself and how it can indeed be worthwhile. (No, I don't normally stay in favelas, but I do rent at knock-down rates occasionally via personally developed friendships. People that don't make a connection to mongering. So posting details to people I don't know well through actual, not internet, friendship is silly, and putting it on a public mongering board is daft. I don't have the connections Sperto has, but I can see the point, and it is well worth building *local* friendships and contacts while in Rio iMHO.)

Jan 156
08-10-14, 16:12
Actually it was very informative.I thought so too. I thought you were being sarcastic. Maybe I should take a break.

Tchau.

FuckAfMedDig
08-11-14, 02:11
Sundays rally in Copa was related to the issues in Israel. I was catching some rays on the beach, and all was peaceful.First of all they were running in packs of 25 + through busses at nossa and down Ipanema beach scoping out victims and also down the boardwalk by Copa taking what they could-security guards had the batons ready in the doorways on nossa-take my word for it-its real. Weekends especially.

Urca as well is experiencing many robberies-dudes on motorbikes robbing bystanders, people being forced to cashpoints etc-usual stuff.

Just because you don't see it exactly while you're there on the beach doesn't mean anything.

Same in Botafogo by beach-many bike robbers.

Economy is slowing down and prices are going up. People take what they can. Rio is great but trust me reality can hit you hard here.

Sperto
08-11-14, 05:28
First of all they were running in packs of 25 + through busses at nossa and down Ipanema beach scoping out victims and also down the boardwalk by Copa taking what they could-security guards had the batons ready in the doorways on nossa-take my word for it-its real. Weekends especially.Mass robberies on Sundays in Copacabana is nothing new, specially closed to the metro stations. Young people from Zona Norte heading back home and takes the opportunity to mug some innocent people.

I guess some gringos imagine that all young non-white kids without T-shirts are bandits.

PatmarBeleza1
08-14-14, 18:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAisOJvLLU8

I figured I had a confirmed Sperto sighting in the "Garoto" in the above video. Since Sperto identified the best prive talent for a very fun run of about 6 back to back duplas with a nice mulata last year.

The 3 "pearls negras" in the video had me thinking, Triplo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BDY9PjRHIY

I saw this band down in POA, in between pernoite sex with a 25 year old -- which tells you what the GDP you are chasing actually does on her Saturday nights at 2 AM -- goes to electronic music / funk, and dances her bundinha off. In fact, I was at the concert in the video above in the lower left hand corner dancing with her.

I thought so too. I thought you were being sarcastic. Maybe I should take a break.

Tchau.

Exec Talent
08-14-14, 22:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAisOJvLLU8
The 3 "pearls negras" in the video had me thinking, Triplo?Pearls Negras: Alice - 17, Marianna - 16, Jennifer - 16.

MarianoRiv
09-01-14, 20:10
Pearls Negras: Alice - 17, Marianna - 16, Jennifer - 16.Haha, yeah, "not advised," indeed! I couldn't imagine even attending that show. Well, maybe if I was 17 or 18 or so.

ShawMan74
02-09-16, 07:44
I have been to Ecuador and Argentina, and am about to go to Brazil for the first time, and I have a politically incorrect question about dogshit on the streets. What inspires my question is some random observations from past travels in South America.

An observation I made in Ecuador is that Quito doesn't have any such problems, but the beach villages of Ecuador absolutely do. The beaches are not as ritzy as Quito, but are certainly more loved.

Another observation, in Buenos Aires, San Telmo has a VERY bad VERY annoying problem, but Puerto Madero does not. San Telmo is considered to be ritzy as far as the locals are concerned, but not as ritzy as Puerto Madero.

So using this logic, should I physically prepare myself for 3 weeks of nonstop hopscotch on the streets of Ipanema?

Exec Talent
02-09-16, 13:25
I have been to Ecuador and Argentina, and am about to go to Brazil for the first time, and I have a politically incorrect question about dogshit on the streets. What inspires my question is some random observations from past travels in South America.

An observation I made in Ecuador is that Quito doesn't have any such problems, but the beach villages of Ecuador absolutely do. The beaches are not as ritzy as Quito, but are certainly more loved.

Another observation, in Buenos Aires, San Telmo has a VERY bad VERY annoying problem, but Puerto Madero does not. San Telmo is considered to be ritzy as far as the locals are concerned, but not as ritzy as Puerto Madero.

So using this logic, should I physically prepare myself for 3 weeks of nonstop hopscotch on the streets of Ipanema?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY7ZX6ngOSs

Unfortunately, you will come across it even in the best neighborhoods. Over the years, more Brazilians have started picking up after their dogs, but there still some wild dogs and those who don't. When walking around Rio, I still have the habit of looking down to make sure I don't step in it.

From time to time you also may encounter a shit-slinger. Guys who sneak up behind you as you are walking in front of the kiosks along the beach and throw grease on your shoes in hopes you will pay them to clean it off. Just when you think they have gone away for good, they strike. Just be on the lookout for kids with shoe shine boxes.

Rodeo9112
05-28-16, 01:23
Today, I went into the Consulate of Brazil and submitted the form for my CPF so I can open a bank account when I arrive in August. I should be submitting for my Perm Residence visa next week.

So, my question is, short of buying or renting property, how can I get a Brazilian address that will receive domestic and US mailings? Do the post offices have boxes for rent? Are there other mail services that would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!

Rodeo9112
06-02-16, 14:46
Yesterday (Wednesday), I submitted my application to the Brazilian Consulate for the Permanent Visa for Retirement. The Consular Officer said it should be done in 3 to 5 business days! The website says 2-3 months. We'll see what happens. I'll check up on the status on late Monday to see if there's any progress.

BackDoorD
06-02-16, 16:29
Today, I went into the Consulate of Brazil and submitted the form for my CPF so I can open a bank account when I arrive in August. I should be submitting for my Perm Residence visa next week.

So, my question is, short of buying or renting property, how can I get a Brazilian address that will receive domestic and US mailings? Do the post offices have boxes for rent? Are there other mail services that would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!It is possible to rent a post office box at any post office (Correios in Rio), (https://www.correios.com.br/para-voce/correios-de-a-a-z/caixa-postal). The instructions note that you need a letter from your employer, but as you're on a retiree visa, it may be easier. Don't expect anyone at the post office to speak a word of English and expect this process to make you want to commit suicide. Also, be prepared for a colossal ball ache trying to open a bank account. Takes 3 - 6 months, and you'll often need proof of address in order to sort that out.

If you're planning on moving to Brazil, you're going to need someone to help you sort out all of the general admin work, as it's a f*ing nightmare. Having an RNE (registered foreign national card) will help, but even after you're approved for residence it takes an eternity to get one (mine took 8 months).

Don't expect anything to happen quickly, and don't expect common sense to prevail (ever), and you'll be fine.

Rodeo9112
06-03-16, 00:04
It is possible to rent a post office box at any post office (Correios in Rio), (https://www.correios.com.br/para-voce/correios-de-a-a-z/caixa-postal). The instructions note that you need a letter from your employer, but as you're on a retiree visa, it may be easier. Don't expect anyone at the post office to speak a word of English and expect this process to make you want to commit suicide. Also, be prepared for a colossal ball ache trying to open a bank account. Takes 3 - 6 months, and you'll often need proof of address in order to sort that out.

If you're planning on moving to Brazil, you're going to need someone to help you sort out all of the general admin work, as it's a f*ing nightmare. Having an RNE (registered foreign national card) will help, but even after you're approved for residence it takes an eternity to get one (mine took 8 months).

Don't expect anything to happen quickly, and don't expect common sense to prevail (ever), and you'll be fine.So, the RNE is different from the CPF I take it? So far, working through the consulate has been pretty straightforward. I wonder if I can apply / obtain the RNE through the consulate. What exactly is the RNE and is it necessary? I guess I can research that. Perhaps I can rent a chica (or a fluent expat) to go with me to translate to get through the PO box headache and that will enable getting the bank account.

Thanks for the insight brother!

Rodeo9112
06-03-16, 02:37
So, the RNE is different from the CPF I take it? So far, working through the consulate has been pretty straightforward. I wonder if I can apply / obtain the RNE through the consulate. What exactly is the RNE and is it necessary? I guess I can research that. Perhaps I can rent a chica (or a fluent expat) to go with me to translate to get through the PO box headache and that will enable getting the bank account.

Thanks for the insight brother!Yep, looked it up and saw what I need to do for the RNE. Glad I did. Looks like it has to be done within 30 days of entry, which means if I enter on a permanent visa and don't register, that could make problems upon the next trip. Any ideas on the easiest way to produce a "proof of address"?

BackDoorD
06-03-16, 19:51
Yep, looked it up and saw what I need to do for the RNE. Glad I did. Looks like it has to be done within 30 days of entry, which means if I enter on a permanent visa and don't register, that could make problems upon the next trip. Any ideas on the easiest way to produce a "proof of address"?The easiest way to obtain proof of address is to have a resident provide a notarized declaration that you live with them. I did this before I bought a place 5 years ago. Worked to get an account at Itau.

Barring a declaration, you'd need either a term apartment rental contract (in Portuguese) or a proof of purchase on your own place.

Rodeo9112
06-03-16, 23:07
Does anyone have names / locations of any gyms in Copa? Looking both for my own workout purposes and to pick up hotties.

Thanks!

Sunset
06-14-16, 03:55
I've had a permanent visa since 1997. I understand that: "Permanent visas are automatically voided if the visa holder stays out of Brazil for 24 consecutive months." I am currently in the USA. I was last in Brazil on Oct. 22,2014.

Can someone with experience please tell me: Until what date can I return to Brazil without having my visa voided?

October 21, or Oct. 22,2016 would be the obvious answer, but the Polica Federal may have a different way of calculating. Got to make reservations. Thanks.

Sunset
06-15-16, 06:58
Does anyone have names / locations of any gyms in Copa? Looking both for my own workout purposes and to pick up hotties.

Thanks!My favorite is OX in Leme on Gustavo Sampairo. Gyms in Rio tend to be extremely expensive, but you can get month to month memberships. BodyTech is ultra expensive.

Rodeo9112
06-15-16, 15:36
My favorite is OX in Leme on Gustavo Sampairo. Gyms in Rio tend to be extremely expensive, but you can get month to month memberships. BodyTech is ultra expensive.Thanks for the response. I'm hoping for something a little closer to Posto 3 though. I know I didn't clarify.

BackDoorD
06-15-16, 18:47
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping for something a little closer to Posto 3 though. I know I didn't clarify.http://www.smartfit.com.br/

Cheapest gyms in Rio, with very decent, all new amenities. There is one on Rua Tonelero several blocks behind the Copa Palace. Easily your best bet.

Rodeo9112
06-17-16, 01:42
Yesterday (Wednesday), I submitted my application to the Brazilian Consulate for the Permanent Visa for Retirement. The Consular Officer said it should be done in 3 to 5 business days! The website says 2-3 months. We'll see what happens. I'll check up on the status on late Monday to see if there's any progress.A dream deferred! My application for PermResidence as a retiree was returned. It wasn't "disapproved" or rejected, just returned along with my fee. Said although I had the right income, I couldn't get the visa because I wasn't "retired". Next day I put in for a tourist visa. 10 yr validity!

Exec Talent
06-17-16, 16:11
A dream deferred! My application for PermResidence as a retiree was returned. It wasn't "disapproved" or rejected, just returned along with my fee. Said although I had the right income, I couldn't get the visa because I wasn't "retired". Next day I put in for a tourist visa. 10 yr validity!Brazil's loss. Colombia's gain.

Rodeo9112
06-17-16, 22:18
Brazil's loss. Colombia's gain.True that!

Rodeo9112
06-23-16, 02:14
Got my tourist visa today. Good for 10 yrs at 90 days / pop!

You69Me
10-17-16, 02:08
What is the easiest way to get residency status in Brazil.

Please provide as many options as possible.

Exec Talent
10-17-16, 15:21
What is the easiest way to get residency status in Brazil.

Please provide as many options as possible.Why do you want one? Include as many reasons as possible.

For example: love the challenge of living in a country where I don't speak the language, think my paltry pension will go far because of the current exchange rate without realizing it can flip-flop (like the 1.55-1 days) and I will be left hanging out at Mabs all day with the other ex-Pats lingering for hours over the same beer, enjoy beyond imagination living in a country where it takes forever to accomplish what in most other countries takes hours or a day. Of course, there always is the old standby: need to escape the Allied forces because the war did not go exactly according to plan.

You69Me
10-23-16, 14:14
The US has the worst immigration bureaucracy in the world.

Immigration employees are uneducated and rude.

Why do you want one? Include as many reasons as possible.

For example: love the challenge of living in a country where I don't speak the language, think my paltry pension will go far because of the current exchange rate without realizing it can flip-flop (like the 1.55-1 days) and I will be left hanging out at Mabs all day with the other ex-Pats lingering for hours over the same beer, enjoy beyond imagination living in a country where it takes forever to accomplish what in most other countries takes hours or a day. Of course, there always is the old standby: need to escape the Allied forces because the war did not go exactly according to plan.

Paulisto
07-09-17, 06:56
Since the year 1500 that was when Brazil was "inaugurated", here comes the worst people in the world, and continues until today (2017).

I'm not talking bad about you.

But here it is so ridiculous that if you are a Brazilian citizen, everything you have to do has to pay absurd fees, but if you are a refugee, the government gives everything for free to you. This is what happened to the Haitians a few years ago coming to Brazil after a hurricane.

Since the re-election of President Dilma Rousseff in October 2014 (she had impeachment last year) we are in a crisis never seen in Brazilian history. The government is out of money for the citizens themselves, but less than a decade ago, several debts were forgiven with our neighboring communist countries, several billion dollar donations were made to these damned Communists, various buildings were donated. And we residents of the Brazil we're in the shit. And where are these neighboring countries to help us now?

You can go to some social assistance headquarters (here we call CRAS Social Assistance Reference Center) and ask for help, just say that you are a refugee. In less than 10 days you have for free all the documents you need, Already a Brazilian would have to pay and it would take months to be delivered.

Different from other countries that require various things like proof of income, residence, vaccine, money in savings, level of local language knowledge etc. Here is only you arrive "empty handed" (no bag, food, Documents, extra clothes etc) that the government gives it all to you. For free.

Here if you kill an animal you get stuck seven years, if you kill a human gets six months or at most one night.

We have a program of redistribution of income called "Bolsa Família", that for the family to be entitled to this money, the children need to be in school, the family earns about are $ 250 (USD 84), but if you are arrested, your family earns more Of are $ 950 (USD 317) reais. Here it is better to be arrested than to study.

If you are white and spend all your life studying to enter a university or public contest, the black or Indian passes in front of you only because he is "a victim of society, he will always need help. "

If you are an honest cop and you are on your break and you are caught by a thief in a market and you shoot him (your situation gets worse if he dies), you will be arrested for "abuse of authority", "shot a victim of Society, so comes the "Human Rights " and arrests you.

I'm amazed how you foreigners love Brazil so much.

Do you understand why nobody recommends immigration to Brazil?

Bravo
10-30-17, 04:15
Is there a Dry Cleaners in Copa? I have seen a bunch of laundromats but I have never seen a dry cleaners.

Solo Traveler
01-07-18, 14:58
I look mostly East Asian.

According to some people, I look 3/4 Chinese and 1/4 indigenous Mexican, though I think they're just generalizing and there isn't really a fixed look for all Mexican or Chinese people.

I have lived in and visited many countries, mostly English-speaking or German-speaking countries.

People always say something like the USA, Canada, the U. K, Australia, etc are melting pots.

I really don't think so. Despite speaking English like a native speaker (I even adjusted my accent based on different regions I went to), I was always seen as a strange foreigner. And, yes, I got called out a lot even in this day and age.

I heard that the real melting pot in this world is in fact Brazil, with nearly 50% of the population are multi-ethnic and mixed-raced.

There is no way to tell a Brazilian by looks. So, the Brazilians will just think of you as one of them, instead of assuming you're a foreigner.

Is it true? Is Brazil a friendlier place to live in?

ShooBree
01-08-18, 01:52

According to some people, I look 3/4 Chinese and 1/4 indigenous Mexican, though I think they're just generalizing and there isn't really a fixed look for all Mexican or Chinese people.

I have lived in and visited many countries, mostly English-speaking or German-speaking countries.

People always say something like the USA, Canada, the U. K, Australia, etc are melting pots.

I really don't think so. Despite speaking English like a native speaker (I even adjusted my accent based on different regions I went to), I was always seen as a strange foreigner. And, yes, I got called out a lot even in this day and age.

I heard that the real melting pot in this world is in fact Brazil, with nearly 50% of the population are multi-ethnic and mixed-raced.

There is no way to tell a Brazilian by looks. So, the Brazilians will just think of you as one of them, instead of assuming you're a foreigner.

Is it true? Is Brazil a friendlier place to live in?Rather weird question to ask. The answer is no, you are a foreigner in Brazil.

If you have had all that trouble in other countries it won't be different no matter where you go. Especially considering the fact that you probably don't speak the language and neither do you know the Brazilian Culture&People as the natives do.

Komo753
01-09-18, 16:44

Is it true? Is Brazil a friendlier place to live in?There is no better place to live in when having money or a good job, we all have different tastes. It depends on the person, everybody doesn't act the same way and doesn't like the same things, For example, American people are way different than English people. Most Brazilians don't care where you are from as long as you have money.

Exec Talent
09-05-18, 13:00
I have made money doing business in Brazil. I am one of the few.

The key is to know you will not make money for very long. When it comes to business, Brazilians are not into long-term mutually beneficial relationships. Sooner (more likely) than later, they will fuck you over. Just like the scorpion, it is their nature. I attribute their periods of hyper-inflation for their get the most you can while you can attitude. Also, mortality rates (natural and not so natural- a good friend of mine's father was shot and killed by the police) are a contributing factor. A lack of mortgages also is a contributing factor. However, you can buy a shirt in 12 easy payments.

Used to think that it was just gringos that the Brazilians screwed over until I became friends with more Brazilians and watched them regularly screw over each other. Even in the US, with Brazilians you have helped out personally and financially they with TRY to screw you over. The key is to be prepared and never let your guard down thinking this time it will be different. It won't.

So, if you have a product or service with a short-term window of opportunity, go for it. If you are thinking that Brazil is going to be a long-term income stream, forget it. The widely fluctuating exchange rate alone can do you in. Let's say you are Coke and sell a 2 liter in the US for $1.50. In Brazil right now you would need to sell the same 2 liter for over 6 Reais. Of course, that does not factor in domestic production of the product. If you are importing it, it also does not factor in how much gets "lost" in customs. For fun some day, go to the off airport site where these "lost" items are supposedly auctioned.

Member #4587
10-21-18, 06:04
I agree 100% with Kcrl02's Lmao! post in RJ forum. Too many gringos over-valuating their money and their look (clothing included) among Brasileiras. Either you have a charm or not, money might add something to that or make the things worse. During a few partly living years here, I have obtained a minimum Brazilian Portuguese conversation level without any study, just watching TV and practicing.

D Cups
10-21-18, 16:30

Is it true? Is Brazil a friendlier place to live in?Well I only lived there for two months but it was great. I am white but got rather brown by the time I left so much so that most Brasileros spoke Portuguese to me. In my experience it is a color blind country meaning your skin color / ethnicity is of no importance. Mixed couples of every variety can be seen holding hands in public and enjoying each other. San Paolo BTW has a large population of Asians. Racism is rampant in many parts of the world including US but I personally did not see any in Brasil. Quite the opposite. Cheers.

Catire
10-21-18, 18:43
Well I only lived there for two months but it was great. I am white but got rather brown by the time I left so much so that most Brasileros spoke Portuguese to me. In my experience it is a color blind country meaning your skin color / ethnicity is of no importance. Mixed couples of every variety can be seen holding hands in public and enjoying each other. San Paolo BTW has a large population of Asians. Racism is rampant in many parts of the world including US but I personally did not see any in Brasil. Quite the opposite. Cheers.Racism is a little different in Latin America, but it still exists. Just a different variety of it. Brazil has perhaps the most racially mixed population on Earth.

But how many dark skinned politicians, businessmen / women do you see? How many Brasilian models are dark skinned? It's just a different sort of racism. One class based, and because of that, much harder to "crack".

Member #4587
10-21-18, 20:06
Racism is a little different in Latin America, but it still exists. Just a different variety of it. Brazil has perhaps the most racially mixed population on Earth.

But how many dark skinned politicians, businessmen / women do you see? How many Brasilian models are dark skinned? It's just a different sort of racism. One class based, and because of that, much harder to "crack".It is not white Brazilians fault that they do have a better education, only Mickeystan universities have a minority quote, therefore eliminating wiser and more capable persons to qualify, lowering the quality of education. Slavery was ended in 19th century, also in Europe but why nobody mention about it? Because there where no black slaves in Europe, only white ones. How many centuries more a whites must make privilege to low educated blacks to compensate the slavery? Despite that their own people catch them and traded. Most criminals (probably 90%) in Brazil are non whites. Make a conclusion. Poor blacks parents give the birth to children, not thinking how to educate them, leaving them in the streets while they are working and you see the results. Why the public school level is the lowest? Because ghetto (favela) kids have a zero interest to study and there is a huge safe issue for teachers who avoid those kind of places. White people have more education, better business orientation and better look (models). If you do not get it, look into the world map and divide North and South. White are North, blacks are South. Money is always in the North (except in North Korea). It is not a racism, it is what goes around comes around.

Exec Talent
10-21-18, 20:12
Racism is a little different in Latin America, but it still exists. Just a different variety of it. Brazil has perhaps the most racially mixed population on Earth.

But how many dark skinned politicians, businessmen / women do you see? How many Brasilian models are dark skinned? It's just a different sort of racism. One class based, and because of that, much harder to "crack".One of things that used to bother me about Brazil was the obvious lack of opportunities for people of color. You go to the mall and all the clerks were white. Same could be said about waiters and most better restaurants. Fortunately, that changed about 10 years ago. I talked with a number of Brazilians and no one could tell me why until one suggested it was because of Obama. I find this hypothesis fascinating. There had been no protests, no legal challenges of which I am aware, yet all you had to do was take a trip to the mall to see the difference. Brazil often looks to the US and the thought is if those racists can elect a black president we can at least hire a black waiter or two. I also noted that some of my Brazilian friends of color became extremely interested in their children's education and would ask me to go with them on private and English school visits. Order and Progress.

Member #4587
10-22-18, 01:47
One of things that used to bother me about Brazil was the obvious lack of opportunities for people of color. You go to the mall and all the clerks were white. Same could be said about waiters and most better restaurants. Fortunately, that changed about 10 years ago. I talked with a number of Brazilians and no one could tell me why until one suggested it was because of Obama. I find this hypothesis fascinating. There had been no protests, no legal challenges of which I am aware, yet all you had to do was take a trip to the mall to see the difference. Brazil often looks to the US and the thought is if those racists can elect a black president we can at least hire a black waiter or two. I also noted that some of my Brazilian friends of color became extremely interested in their children's education and would ask me to go with them on private and English school visits. Order and Progress.There is a obvious reason that the blacks do have the lack of opportunities. It is starting from their home and playground. Why does anyone care about what is the skin color of the clerk or waiter? Level of the service is what matters. The cost of the private school education is not achievable to most of the blacks, cannot blame whites about that. Order and Progress is a joke in their flag, hopefully it will happen after next five years when nr. 17 wins. For that, at least 100000 hard core criminals must be eliminated permanently, otherwise there would be no success.

Exec Talent
01-28-19, 07:48
Someone brought up on another thread how Brazilian girls remember names. I am exceptional at remembering names but no where close to your average Brazilian whether in Brazil or anywhere else. The only thing that I can attribute it to is the high importance that is placed on remembering someone's name in the Brazilian culture. Almost every Brazilian I have met will use my name when we part. Just like the poster, will not have seen someone in years and they still remember my name. If anyone else has an explanation of how and why, I am all ears.

Snapes
06-23-21, 20:30
[Commercial Message deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted because it appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. Please post reports consisting primarily of a commercial nature and/or reports with links to commercial websites in the Classified Advertisement section of the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

Exec Talent
06-26-21, 14:58
So how do I know that most Brazilians do not speak English other than living among them for extended periods of time over many years?

Not long ago I attended a technical conference in São Paulo with the expressed purpose of hiring English speaking Brazilians. I found one who spoke English at a proficient enough level and he did so only because he had lived for years in the US. The others spoke basic English at best. This conference was well attended and brought together people from all over Brazil. Hotels is where you will find the best English speakers and often they get paid well. In Rio, I know a doctor who works front desk at a major hotel. He said he makes more there than he did practicing medicine.

DJ FourMoney
04-11-22, 02:02

But how many dark skinned politicians, businessmen / women do you see? How many Brasilian models are dark skinned? It's just a different sort of racism. One class based, and because of that, much harder to "crack".Obama really didn't do much for the Black population in the US other than to make them feel better maybe.

Putting people of color in power, the same with putting women in power often means they have to follow the same unwritten rules of the upper classes.

That usually means you can't do too much for the poor because as most believe especially in Western Culture that poverty is self-inflicted not solely the result of discrimination or racism.

Tough to address because targeted polices are shot down by advocates of other people, meaning you have to design polices that raise all boats. But when you are starting from a position of having zero legacy wealth or assets polices such as those don't get to the root of the problem.

It will take a politician likely long after most of us are long gone to address some of these things directly so society is on a more of a equal footing. There still will be class discrimination by bloodlines.

Pahllus Maximus
04-11-22, 03:02
The UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak MP is an Indian married to a billionaire Akshata Murthy. Just like Obama, it's not skin, it's all about role models and social connections at school that largely defines a persons trajectory. This comes down to a critical mass of $. I've never encountered a company saying "Nah, let's not hire this super bright energetic person because his basal layer has the wrong type of melanocytes". Rather, it's because of institutionalized fuckage of poverty, black and white and asian more or less equally screwed over and women carry a separate handicap. Fetal alcohol syndrome and many other things rig the game. I'll hire anyone with talent, black, white, man, woman or even a future AI robot. The mind is what counts. A red toyota does the same function as a white toyota. Sadly, a huge amount of human potential is wasted by this and other bullshit.

Obama was a total sell out, the same greedy toady as any white guy but with great marketing and exploiting guilt and hope. Pretty funny actually, because he deported more colored people than any president. Having black skin or a pussy does not create compassion or serious zeal to reform, possibly biases the opposite as they over compensate to "prove" themselves. Hillary was also a massive, corrupt, deceitful sell out that people saw saw through. Elizabeth Warren I liked (even though what she proposes is against my financial interests) but she is a fact driven fiscal conservative and knows too much money is being left on the table for corporate welfare queens and leeches.

All the woke BS is a smoke-screen, with big companies playing up race and sexual discrimination but ignoring their equal opportunity economic exploitation in a rigged tax system where w2 loses and capital gains tax is optional and tenants have no rights except on paper. Brazil is much more chilled about race but has the same post slavery barriers. Plenty of caucasion beggars in BR and USA than I see in Mexicans and Asians which is a clue of disproportionate white trash sinking to the bottom. Jokes aside, lets talk about economic opportunity of labour and taxing labor and capital equally like in much of Asia and Europe.

I quite like black women; I often do duos, red head with freckles and a black girl equally having their legs high and over their shoulders while I cram their pussies full of cock. I pick a matching beige set of thigh highs, though with a single black girl I like frilly, revealing creamy lingerie and lipstick, even if it gets on my cock. Usually when I explode tadpoles in their tonsils that clears it up. I do my best to fuck them silly equally.

Kute Guy
08-25-22, 06:54
I am planning to go to Brazil for 2 months (I am 40+) any tips for which city and area to stay in? Can be in one place for 2 months or move cities to experience different parts of Brazil. Here would be the main criteria:

* beach (but would consider SP if it has everything else).

* safe.

* possibility of meeting non-p4 p women. This is most important.

* cheapish.

* good P4P options (incl sauna, tantric massage).

* interesting things to do (learn to dance, gym, bars and clubs).

* accommodation options (E. G nice Airbnb).

I am learning Portuguese now. Have 6 weeks before I leave.

Spidy
08-26-22, 06:34
I am planning to go to Brazil for 2 months (I am 40+) any tips for which city and area to stay in? ... Here would be the main criteria: ...

Outside of Rio, Fortaleza would be a strong consideration. It does not have the "good P4P" options as Rio, but perhaps it's slightly better on the "meeting non-p4p women" option and covers all the other options fairly well.

It's a good city from which to form a "home-base" and take 1-3 day excursions to other neighboring NE cites/states, such as Natal, Recife, Sao Luis, Joao Pesso or Maceio. Or just explore more of Ceara, Canoa Quebrada and Jerioacoara.

If you don't mind the hustle and bustle of a larger city/state, then the same day excursions and places of interest, also exist around Rio/RJ State.

I would consider Fortaleza, a less expensive option to Rio, with less "big city" hassles, but with far less P4P options.

... Can be in one place for 2 months or move cities to experience different parts of Brazil ...
The Northeastern Brazilian states are pretty chill and ideally situated for this kind of movement, IMHO, all with beaches and modicum of P4P and non-P4P action, to keep you interested, providing you're not looking for the PSE action in every hookup.

Something to Consider:

Since these threads are often overlooked, should you still require more input on the subject, consider posting a brief post in the RJ, SP or General Info threads, saying something to the effect "Planning a 2-month trip, where to stay...Living in Brazil, anyone with info on the subject...etc"

It's a nice touch to include the link to your post, to make it easier for those wanting to reply here, in the appropriate thread.

Xpartan
08-26-22, 07:25
I am planning to go to Brazil for 2 months (I am 40+) any tips for which city and area to stay in? Can be in one place for 2 months or move cities to experience different parts of Brazil. Here would be the main criteria:

* safe.

* cheapish.
Let me stop you right there.

Have you been to Brazil?

No large city in Brazil is like "safe" safe. Or not in Brazil. I just walked 3 blocks to my car from my mom's place (Brooklyn) around 1 AM. I felt completely safe until two guys that didn't looked entirely wholesome jumpily walked straight at me from around the corner. They turned out to be completely harmless, and went on their way, but I had an uncomfortable moment.

Cheapish. That's in the eye of beholder.

Big cities tend to be more expensive, but provide enormous GDP access. That's where their customers are.

Coastal cities and towns tend to be more expensive than the the interior.

I don't know what your interests are. If you're only interested in GDPs with a gorgeous beachline thrown in for good measure -- definitely Rio. You just can't get bored in Rio for if you do, something is really, really wrong with you.

If you're after travel, culture, sightseeing, beaches I wouldn't stay in Rio for 2 months 'cause there're so much to see in Brazil.

Off the back of my head, I'd pick these.

- Rio and vicinity (Buzios, Angra Dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Parati).

- SP (still relatively cheap if you don't hunt at Scandalo and the likes).

- Iguassu Falls (has the GDP scene and reasonably cheap for the incredible wonder of the world).

- Salvador (honestly, the next most fascinating city in Brazil I've been to after Rio).

- Blumenau: this is an outlier, but it has the biggest Oktoberfest outside of Munich. It's a cute city with a European flair, and if you're good-looking civilian girls are very friendly there. And. There was a sizeable P4 P community, too.

- Manaus for access to the Amazon, although I didn't care for the city itself.

Bonus: should you decide to visit Blumenau, there is a small costal city of Camboriu. The locals call it a little Copacabana for their crescent beachline, and it's complete with a Christ statue called Cristo Luz. There weren't too many P4 P options when I visited many many years ago, but now there're always Fatal Models, Photo Acompanhantes and more.

NB: None of these cities except Camboriu is safe. Maybe Blumenau is safER. So keep your wits around you and don't make yourself a target.

Good luck!

Oily1234
09-16-22, 23:17
Let me stop you right there.

Have you been to Brazil?

No large city in Brazil is like "safe" safe. Or not in Brazil. I just walked 3 blocks to my car from my mom's place (Brooklyn) around 1 AM. I felt completely safe until two guys that didn't looked entirely wholesome jumpily walked straight at me from around the corner. They turned out to be completely harmless, and went on their way, but I had an uncomfortable moment.

Cheapish. That's in the eye of beholder.

Big cities tend to be more expensive, but provide enormous GDP access. That's where their customers are.

Coastal cities and towns tend to be more expensive than the the interior.

I don't know what your interests are. If you're only interested in GDPs with a gorgeous beachline thrown in for good measure -- definitely Rio. You just can't get bored in Rio for if you do, something is really, really wrong with you.

If you're after travel, culture, sightseeing, beaches I wouldn't stay in Rio for 2 months 'cause there're so much to see in Brazil.

Off the back of my head, I'd pick these.

- Rio and vicinity (Buzios, Angra Dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Parati).

- SP (still relatively cheap if you don't hunt at Scandalo and the likes).

- Iguassu Falls (has the GDP scene and reasonably cheap for the incredible wonder of the world).

- Salvador (honestly, the next most fascinating city in Brazil I've been to after Rio).

- Blumenau: this is an outlier, but it has the biggest Oktoberfest outside of Munich. It's a cute city with a European flair, and if you're good-looking civilian girls are very friendly there. And. There was a sizeable P4 P community, too.

- Manaus for access to the Amazon, although I didn't care for the city itself.

Bonus: should you decide to visit Blumenau, there is a small costal city of Camboriu. The locals call it a little Copacabana for their crescent beachline, and it's complete with a Christ statue called Cristo Luz. There weren't too many P4 P options when I visited many many years ago, but now there're always Fatal Models, Photo Acompanhantes and more.

NB: None of these cities except Camboriu is safe. Maybe Blumenau is safER. So keep your wits around you and don't make yourself a target.

Good luck!Keep in mind south of Brazil will be cooler weather.

Oily.