PDA

View Full Version : Living in China

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Loveasiangirls
08-04-11, 16:45
Also tried our regular ticket agents with a copy of passport page and visa page (as they advised shortly after regulations came in) but was stil refused.

At Shanghai Station (not South) , you can't use ticket machines as I'd scanners on the machines only accept I'd cards, not passports. You need to walk for a few minutes to the right of the station (as you face it) to find the ticket office. There is a booth there that offers English only service. Best to use this one. Even if you do speak Chinese, there is often long lines at other booths but at the English only booth usually no line or perhaps one or two people waiting. Whole process should take no more than ten minutes, fifteen at very most. Just need to get to the station a little early. I have done this about half a dozen times now and have had no problems getting a ticket to Nanjing (and other locations) for the next train leaving.

Cheers,

CW2If you read Chinese or your secretary does, you can buy online at http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/ Or on ctrip. Com

Fuzimiao
08-05-11, 13:16
If you read Chinese or your secretary does, you can buy online at.

http://www.12306.cn/mormhweb/

Or on ctrip. ComSomewhere down the line, you need to collect the actual ticket, I'm sure the automatic ticket reader will not let you in with your home printed boarding pass. Or for that matter, out of the station at destination!

Sky Ryder
08-05-11, 13:33
Actually only on fast trains for now.I have had to produce my passport (although they did accept a copy while my visa was being processed) for the trains to CP from Shenzhen.

I am not sure the reason, I thought maybe the University Games in SZX. I guess it is a nationwide thing though. Is the train from Beijing to Lasha still not available to lowai?

Loveasiangirls
08-05-11, 22:57
Somewhere down the line, you need to collect the actual ticket, I'm sure the automatic ticket reader will not let you in with your home printed boarding pass. Or for that matter, out of the station at destination!Yes you buy online but you pick up the ticket at the train station just before departure. You need to show your passport when collecting the ticket.

It is essentially similar to flying. The point of I'd is to put scalpers out of business and allow a centralized electronic ticketing system.

Master Monger
08-06-11, 05:06
I am moving out of Shenzhen, I want find a place where the girls are excited to see a foreigner and freebies and girlfriends are easy to come by. So tell us about which place you think is best in China and why.

Anybody have any recommendations where I should move in China or should I go to the Philippines, Thailand, or maybe back to South America. Any info is much appreciated I am looking for:

Hot young non-pro girls who like and are very happy and excited to see white skinned, blue eyed. 181cm tall, and about 100Kg men and will easily be their girlfriend or go home with them for some nice casual sex.

Massage places that offer good massages from attractive girls for about 40rmb an hour.

Hot young pro girls, that come back to my house DFK, DATY, BBBJ, Multiple positions, for around 200rmb.

Good Sichuan food for 2 people at about 100rmb.

5-10 hours a week part-time teaching at about 200rmb an hour.

Thank You in advance for any advice brothers.

Just Seven
08-07-11, 16:11
I am moving out of Shenzhen, I want find a place where the girls are excited to see a foreigner and freebies and girlfriends are easy to come by. So tell us about which place you think is best in China and why.

Anybody have any recommendations where I should move in China or should I go to the Philippines, Thailand, or maybe back to South America. Any info is much appreciated I am looking for:

Hot young non-pro girls who like and are very happy and excited to see white skinned, blue eyed. 181cm tall, and about 100Kg men and will easily be their girlfriend or go home with them for some nice casual sex.

Massage places that offer good massages from attractive girls for about 40rmb an hour.

Hot young pro girls, that come back to my house DFK, DATY, BBBJ, Multiple positions, for around 200rmb.

Good Sichuan food for 2 people at about 100rmb.

5-10 hours a week part-time teaching at about 200rmb an hour.

Thank You in advance for any advice brothers.Does not exist.

Dynamic
08-24-11, 03:08
Yes you buy online but you pick up the ticket at the train station just before departure. You need to show your passport when collecting the ticket.

It is essentially similar to flying. The point of I'd is to put scalpers out of business and allow a centralized electronic ticketing system.Yeah these guys / gals really annoy me, they hold up the ques arguing with the ticket sellers. 2 or 3 of them shouting and gesturing to get what they want. I'd might be a good idea, but the scalpers are still at it, I saw one last week at the south station walk away with at least 20 tickets. Now maybe I'm wrong, could be buying for a group, but if so then it is easy to use this as a method of buying bulk tickets? There always seems to be plenty of railway security guys around doing sweet f*k all, time they became more pro-active I think?

Loveasiangirls
08-29-11, 05:10
Yeah these guys / gals really annoy me, they hold up the ques arguing with the ticket sellers. 2 or 3 of them shouting and gesturing to get what they want. I'd might be a good idea, but the scalpers are still at it, I saw one last week at the south station walk away with at least 20 tickets. Now maybe I'm wrong, could be buying for a group, but if so then it is easy to use this as a method of buying bulk tickets? There always seems to be plenty of railway security guys around doing sweet f*k all, time they became more pro-active I think?The new rules regarding IDs only apply to fast trains for now. Most trains are not in this category. So this is probably what that guy had.

Dynamic
09-01-11, 18:16
The new rules regarding IDs only apply to fast trains for now. Most trains are not in this category. So this is probably what that guy had.Correct, didn't think of that.

Cp141
09-12-11, 10:28
Yeah these guys / gals really annoy me, they hold up the ques arguing with the ticket sellers. 2 or 3 of them shouting and gesturing to get what they want. I'd might be a good idea, but the scalpers are still at it, I saw one last week at the south station walk away with at least 20 tickets. Now maybe I'm wrong, could be buying for a group, but if so then it is easy to use this as a method of buying bulk tickets? There always seems to be plenty of railway security guys around doing sweet f*k all, time they became more pro-active I think?I witness this myself at the DG train station when I was going to buy tickets for direct to Kowloon. 3 guys yelling, slamming on the windows with the poor young female ticket sellers. I was waiting for a good 20 minutes when I decided to walk back over to the left wing to buy regular tickets to SZ instead. These are the type of mainlanders I hate. They think the world revolves around them and theres noone else buying tickets. Geez!

Pushkin13
09-18-11, 02:27
Have any bruvvers used this site?

Entirely in Chinese (so at least intermediate level Chinese reading skill required, not to mention advanced knowledge of idiom in relation to our hobby).

Probably one of the many? Chinese language equivalents of ISG, but only for China.

Please report.

Cheers.

P13

Mike666
09-19-11, 00:06
Have any bruvvers used this site?

Entirely in Chinese (so at least intermediate level Chinese reading skill required, not to mention advanced knowledge of idiom in relation to our hobby).

Probably one of the many? Chinese language equivalents of ISG, but only for China.

Please report.

Cheers.

P13There are many such sites in China. Most, such as yours, require you to sign up and to pay a subscription fee to read the posting. You'll need to pay at least 100 RMB for 3 months access. No way to tell of the quality of the postings without a subscription. These sites also have a draconian reply system where you need to give "quality" reply to earn more points to read the quality posts (meaning ones with photos or very detailed info). Obviously good Chinese skill is a must. Another problem is that the internet cop shuts them down on a regular interval. If that happens, you may lose your money. Cheers

Horneblower
09-21-11, 21:13
I read an article last year about a guy in Shanghai who had a list of college girls who could be rented out on a monthly basis. Now, I've also read that there are many students who have trouble making ends meet. Let's face it, China, especially for Chinese, is getting more and more expensive. Seems to me that it would be nice to help out someone who needs the money and to a good return on the investment.

Now that school has started again, do any of the brothers have any good ideas on making contact with girls in Beijing who need help-or their "agents"?

Weelock
10-14-11, 01:22
Need some help with websites that offer free Internet service for sports. I love professional baseball and American football. It is baseball playoffs and football season now. I have done searches for sites that offered free services but you have to download their application. I have downloaded two application from two different sites. One application was for something else and the other was a scam. The scam was starting to ask me too many personal questions. Will be in Asian for a few months.

Thanks.

Cooler Wolf2
10-16-11, 17:44
Need some help with websites that offer free Internet service for sports. I love professional baseball and American football. It is baseball playoffs and football season now. I have done searches for sites that offered free services but you have to download their application. I have downloaded two application from two different sites. One application was for something else and the other was a scam. The scam was starting to ask me too many personal questions. Will be in Asian for a few months.

Thanks.Weelock,

Not sure if this will help but may be relevant.

Some of the sites that offer streaming TV / sports require (for licensing reasons) that your IP address is in that host country. If you have a VPN account that allows you to change server locations (to different countries) then you might be able to take advantage of these sites e. G. You can change VPN server location to the UK to watch shows on BBC iPlayer.

I'm not from the US, and don't follow baseball etc, so not sure if US sites offer similar but it might be something you want to check into.

Cheers,

CW2

WhatHeSaid
10-17-11, 05:19
Witopia has a US proxy. MLB has a streaming service for US IP addresses.

But if you want to watch NFL football, go to nflchina. Com and sign up for their NFL Game Pass Ithat may not require a proxy).

Gualtier Malde
10-29-11, 08:14
I was going through airport security (in Shanghai, Hongqiao Airport) , on the return leg of a business trip.

I had removed keys, phone, wallet from pocket, and was surprised when I "beeped" going through the metal detector.

The female (young, cute) security officer wanded me, and something in my pocket set off the wand. I reached in my pocket to pull out the offending item, which turned out to be a forgotten foil wrapped condom! It got about halfway out of my pocket before the officer quickly waved me to put it back, and let me pass.

I think she was more embarrassed than me!

GM

ps: Of course, if it had been the USA, they would have made me open the package and put the condom on to prove that it was really "just a condom".

GregoryB
10-29-11, 15:59
I was going through airport security (in Shanghai, Hongqiao Airport) , on the return leg of a business trip.

I had removed keys, phone, wallet from pocket, and was surprised when I "beeped" going through the metal detector.

The female (young, cute) security officer wanded me, and something in my pocket set off the wand. I reached in my pocket to pull out the offending item, which turned out to be a forgotten foil wrapped condom! It got about halfway out of my pocket before the officer quickly waved me to put it back, and let me pass.

I think she was more embarrassed than me!

GM.

Ps: Of course, if it had been the USA, they would have made me open the package and put the condom on to prove that it was really "just a condom".Ha, ha.

How about a Dildo, would you have to use that as well?

But seriously: is it allowed in cabin luggage? Any of the guys got experiences since I have been asked to bring one, no joke.

Fast Eddie 48
10-29-11, 23:36
I have had to produce my passport (although they did accept a copy while my visa was being processed) for the trains to CP from Shenzhen.

I am not sure the reason, I thought maybe the University Games in SZX. I guess it is a nationwide thing though. Is the train from Beijing to Lasha still not available to lowai?To Sky.

This is a new government rule you no longer can buy ticket from a ticket machine unless you have a China passport or resident I'd, if you have a HKID or US passport you need to go to the ticket counter this is all over China not just Shenzhen, they also check your I'd before you enter the CRH station boarding gate at the guangzhou south station.

Fast Eddie 48

Just Seven
10-30-11, 03:25
Ha, ha.

How about a Dildo, would you have to use that as well?

But seriously: is it allowed in cabin luggage? Any of the guys got experiences since I have been asked to bring one, no joke.I frequently travel with a plastic zip lock bag full of goodies. Restraints, vibrators, dildos, condoms, latex toys etc. All the lubricants and massage oils have to be in a 100ml container. Apart from some funny looks where I give them a dirty smirk in response I have not had issue since switching to the 100ml bottle

Pokerstar77
11-24-11, 08:48
A'ight guys, need some advice. My company wants me relocate to China for at least 2 years.

I have a wife, kid (3 years old) and one kid expecting to see the daylight in the next upcoming months. Learning Mandarin is not the problem since my wife is from SH and I am an ABC. I just want my kids to learn to speak accent free English as it is still the most important business language in the world.

So I narrowed down 3 cities to relocate to; Hong Kong, Shenzhen or Shanghai.

As much I like to monger around, I want the best for my family.

So.

Is there actually any difference in the medical services provided between the 3 cities?

Where would you put your kids in kindergarten between the above mentioned cities?

How are the English speaking kindergartens in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Shanghai compared to the one's in Europe?

Thanks in advance.

I know I should be probably asking this Q on other sites as geoexpat, etc, which I did. However I think any advice is and will be helpful no matter what source.

Mmlouie
11-24-11, 17:09
I just want my kids to learn to speak accent free English as it is still the most important business language in the world.HK, without a doubt!

Mmlouie

harrywho
11-25-11, 00:31
A'ight guys, need some advice. My company wants me relocate to China for at least 2 years.

I have a wife, kid (3 years old) and one kid expecting to see the daylight in the next upcoming months. Learning Mandarin is not the problem since my wife is from SH and I am an ABC. I just want my kids to learn to speak accent free English as it is still the most important business language in the world.

As much I like to monger around, I want the best for my family.

So.

Is there actually any difference in the medical services provided between the 3 cities?

Where would you put your kids in kindergarten between the above mentioned cities?

How are the English speaking kindergartens in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Shanghai compared to the one's in Europe?

Thanks in advance.

I know I should be probably asking this Q on other sites as geoexpat, etc, which I did. However I think any advice is and will be helpful no matter what source.The child education system on the Chinese mainland is nothing short of appalling. Medical care and facilities also leave much to be desired. At the end of the day, you and your family will be thankful that you have chosen HK.

Just Seven
11-25-11, 05:29

How are the English speaking kindergartens in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Shanghai compared to the one's in Europe?Medical: Hong kong by far, insurance will let you go to private hospitals, where you will receive world class service. For out of this world prices. But with the right insurance, not an issue.

There is a reason there is an expensive ambulance in shenzhen that takes you across the border to a HK hospital.

Schooling: Hong Kong, hands down without a doubt or even more than a second to think about it. Shenzhen has some decent Montessori and International Kindergartens, but they are second rate or even third rate compared to any decent european school. I have met some expats who send their kids to school here in Shenzhen, their mandarin is great, but their english is atrocious, so much so that I FEAR what would happen if they went back to the states. Shanghai, I am not sure about. Hong Kong has enough locals that speak "accent free" english (depending on the school you may have a british accent, however it sounds very intelligent compared to the american accent *this coming from an american*

Fritobugger
11-25-11, 06:24
Medical: Hong kong by far, insurance will let you go to private hospitals, where you will receive world class service. For out of this world prices. But with the right insurance, not an issue.

There is a reason there is an expensive ambulance in shenzhen that takes you across the border to a HK hospital.

Schooling: Hong Kong, hands down without a doubt or even more than a second to think about it. Shenzhen has some decent Montessori and International Kindergartens, but they are second rate or even third rate compared to any decent european school. I have met some expats who send their kids to school here in Shenzhen, their mandarin is great, but their english is atrocious, so much so that I FEAR what would happen if they went back to the states. Shanghai, I am not sure about. Hong Kong has enough locals that speak "accent free" english (depending on the school you may have a british accent, however it sounds very intelligent compared to the american accent *this coming from an american*Hong Kong has best of medical and schools but is very expensive in all aspects of living.

Shanghai has schools of comparable quality and cost if you select from the top tier (SAS, Concordia, Dulwich). Medical is good but somewhat limited in scope at the expat clinics / hospitals and is expensive like HK but not so good at the local Chinese hospital level.

Shenzhen would not be desirable for me with a family. More dangerous, more crime, more polution, mediocre schools, etc.

Pokerstar77
11-25-11, 07:49
Medical: Hong kong by far, insurance will let you go to private hospitals, where you will receive world class service. For out of this world prices. But with the right insurance, not an issue.

Schooling: Hong Kong, hands down without a doubt or even more than a second to think about it. Shenzhen has some decent Montessori and International Kindergartens, but they are second rate or even third rate compared to any decent european school. I have met some expats who send their kids to school here in Shenzhen, their mandarin is great, but their english is atrocious, so much so that I FEAR what would happen if they went back to the states. Shanghai, I am not sure about. Hong Kong has enough locals that speak "accent free" english (depending on the school you may have a british accent, however it sounds very intelligent compared to the american accent *this coming from an american*Thanks for your advice Just Seven, you helped me a lot in making my decision.

Hahaha. Dunno bro, being born in The Netherlands where they air a lot of US tv series (Knight rider, baywatch, twin peaks, etc) I personally prefer the american accent.

Pokerstar77
11-25-11, 08:01
Hong Kong has best of medical and schools but is very expensive in all aspects of living.

Shanghai has schools of comparable quality and cost if you select from the top tier (SAS, Concordia, Dulwich). Medical is good but somewhat limited in scope at the expat clinics / hospitals and is expensive like HK but not so good at the local Chinese hospital level.

Shenzhen would not be desirable for me with a family. More dangerous, more crime, more polution, mediocre schools, etc.Thanks for your reply Fritobugger. Do tell me if I'm wrong, if I interpret your reply correctly, you also would recommend me to relocate to Hong Kong?

After rereading the my original post myself, I'd should narrow down my choices between HK and SH. Since Shenzhen is only a stone throw away from Hong Kong. Having a lot of relatives from my mothers side of family living in Shenzhen I'd thought it might be nice to settle there, but I also have heard Shenzhen is not as safe as other cities.

Fritobugger
11-26-11, 23:53
Thanks for your reply Fritobugger. Do tell me if I'm wrong, if I interpret your reply correctly, you also would recommend me to relocate to Hong Kong?

After rereading the my original post myself, I'd should narrow down my choices between HK and SH. Since Shenzhen is only a stone throw away from Hong Kong. Having a lot of relatives from my mothers side of family living in Shenzhen I'd thought it might be nice to settle there, but I also have heard Shenzhen is not as safe as other cities.Either is fine really. Which is better for your work? Does your work pay for everything (driver, apartment, utilities, insurance, school, etc) , if yes then HK because it is more expensive.

ShangHangin
11-28-11, 14:03
Thanks for your reply Fritobugger. Do tell me if I'm wrong, if I interpret your reply correctly, you also would recommend me to relocate to Hong Kong?

After rereading the my original post myself, I'd should narrow down my choices between HK and SH. Since Shenzhen is only a stone throw away from Hong Kong. Having a lot of relatives from my mothers side of family living in Shenzhen I'd thought it might be nice to settle there, but I also have heard Shenzhen is not as safe as other cities.Pokerstar,

I have lived in both. I like SH better because it is a bit edgier than HK. Other consideration it somewhat depends on age of your kids. As Fritobugger mentioned top international schools in SH are expensive. $20-25k / kid. You housing $ goes farther in SH for more space. HK apartments are very small. All depends on your package, where you will be traveling. Crossing the HK / SZ border daily sucks, etc.

I think you mentioned your kids were young, so in HK, you should consider living in Discovery Bay. Nice environment, easy access to central, good preschool named DMK. Social life in the DB plaza is good fun.

Good luck.

SH

Eaglestar
12-01-11, 09:19
just be careful out there my friends.

updated 11/30/2011 6:51:49 pm et

beijing — the number of new hiv / aids cases in china is soaring, state media said on wednesday, citing health officials, with rates of infections among college students and older men rising.

the chinese center for disease control and prevention issued figures showing 48, 000 new cases in china in 2011, the official xinhua news agency said.

nearly 82 percent of those new cases were transmitted through sexual intercourse, xinhua said, up from 11. 6 percent between 1985 and 2005.

"the distribution of hiv / aids cases in our country is now wider and more rep001tered than ever, posing great difficulties for prevention and control efforts," wu zunyou, the director of the center, said according to xinhua.

the center said the number of hiv positive men 60 and above soared from 483 in 2005 to 3, 031 in 2010, or 8. 9 percent of the total hiv cases in the country.

that same age group accounted for 2, 546 of all aids cases, or 11 percent. infections among male college students between the ages of 20 and 24 has also risen, it said.

the number of officially registered hiv carriers and aids patients in china is expected to jump from 346, 000 to 780, 000 by the end of 2011 after the data is updated, xinhua said.

china's government was initially slow to acknowledge the problem of hiv / aids in the 1990s and had sought to cover it up when hundreds of thousands of impoverished farmers in rural henan province became infected through botched blood-selling schemes.

beijing has since stepped up the fight, spending more on prevention programs, launching schemes to give universal access to anti-retroviral drugs to contain the disease, and introducing policies to curb discrimination.

but in a country where taboos surrounding sex remain strong and discussion of the topic is largely limited, people with hiv / aids say they are often stigmatized.

Gualtier Malde
12-09-11, 09:17
An article from the UK's Daily Mail.

GM.

Chinese madam who ran prostitution racket executed by lethal injection.

By WIL LONGBOTTOM and DAILY MAIL REPORTER.

Last updated at 2:34 AM on 9th December 2011.

A madam who forced hundreds of women into prostitution has been executed in China.

Wang Ziqi was sentenced to death for luring young women to work in brothels which were disguised as tea houses, beauty salons or hotels.

More than 300 women were victims between 1994 and 2009 of the gang she led, with seven dying in mysterious circumstances, according to Chinese news reports.

PHOTO (See attached) : Wang Ziqi, centre, was executed after being convicted of forcing hundreds of women into prostitution in the Chinese city of Chongqing, along with associate Gu Mingtao.

They were forced to work even when they had their period or had had forced abortions.

If they refused, they were beaten and put in a dark room for days without food.

Wang and her sister, Wang Wanning, were accused of stealing the women's identity cards, ruining their reputations with their families and stealing all their earnings.

The gang also arranged for people to teach the women the 'skills' of prostitution.

She was pictured along with associate Gu Mingtao, dressed in thickly padded pajamas, their hands cuffed, in court as their death sentences were upheld.

In 2003, one of her victims was left paralysed after she jumped from the eighth floor of a tea house.

Yet she was still kept locked up until she was finally released by police in 2009.

Another woman who went missing in 2005 turned up four years later at her husband's home, with scars on her hands and feet.

She would then often wake up in the night, strip naked and walk out.

A psychiatrist said her behaviour was the result of being locked up and terrified for a long time.

Wang Wanning fled the country after her sister's arrest, but was caught and extradited back to China in April. It is unclear if she has been put on trial.

Wang's punishment was part of a major crackdown against corruption and organised crime in Chongqing, a major metropolis in southwest China.

A Filipino drug trafficker was also put to death yesterday, despite a plea for clemency from the Philippine president.

Hours before he was executed, the unnamed man was allowed briefly to meet two siblings and two cousins who travelled to south China's Guangxi province.

He was then led to a courtroom, where the sentence was read and he was taken to the death chamber in Liuzhou, two hours from the prison, where he was given a lethal injection.

The Philippine vice president, Jejomar Binay, said: 'The subject was very calm, but his family was crying. '

The 35-year-old, who has not been identified in either country, was arrested in 2008 at Guilin International Airport while trying to smuggle 3. 3lbs of heroin from Malaysia.

Smuggling more than 1. 76 ounces of heroin or other drugs is punishable by death in China.

China, the world's most prolific executioner, refuses to admit how many prisoners it puts to death every year. Amnesty International estimates it is in the thousands.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2071533/Madam-ran-gang-forced-hundreds-women-work-prostitutes-China-metropolis-executed-lethal-injection.html#ixzz1g1UQgDH1

Pinaypounder
12-09-11, 10:34
I am going to spend a great deal of time in China in 2012. My 2nd trip but I have 0 experience withChinese women.

They seem more conservative than Pinay who seem to drip constantly and are easier to be than thai hookers.

Where and how do I learn?

I of course will continue to read here.

PP

Gualtier Malde
12-12-11, 04:46
I am going to spend a great deal of time in China in 2012. My 2nd trip but I have 0 experience withChinese women.

They seem more conservative than Pinay who seem to drip constantly and are easier to be than thai hookers.

Where and how do I learn?

I of course will continue to read here.

PPThere is an ocean of difference between Pinay women and Chinese women. Definitely read this forum to learn more, but you really can't apply what you know about Pinay girls to Chinese.

Outwardly Chinese women appear to be much more conservative in their behavior (but usually not in their clothing!). At the same time, Chinese women are not bound by the religious principles that ground a typical Pinay girl. So while maintaining a conservative faηade, their moral compass swings toward a different pole (maybe your pole). You'll find that a Chinese woman who might be married or has a boyfriend won't treat that relationship with the same carnal loyalty that a girl from another culture might. So in the freebie world, opportunities may be closer than they appear. Your advantage is that local Chinese men are all too often not great partners, and also frequently not great lovers. I don't want to over generalize, but there are lots of frustrated Chinese women out there!

Something I've frequently heard normal, conservative Chinese women say, in public, is that they are "MBA", meaning "married, but available". Perhaps they are just joking, but talk to one privately about it and you might be pleasantly surprised. Sex just doesn't have the same social implications in China as it does in western cultures.

Chinese women (city women) are socially pretty sophisticated. They are good at manipulating you to get what they want. But if you know this, you can of course use it to your advantage, especially if what they want aligns with what you want. But make sure you understand the reality. Don't interpret her manipulation as infatuation or love when it is really a desire for security or a ticket out of town, or a good fuck.

Village girls may be far less sophisticated about life and love. Be careful, they can be unpredictable. They won't chop off your dick like a Thai girl might when angered, but they might harass you in other ways you will come to regret. Also, village girls who come to Beijing to work as BBS girls, masseuses, or hookers are likely to be very ignorant about the basics of safe sex. Be very careful where you dip your stick. I would recommend avoiding romantic entanglements with the less educated village girls in general, but maybe that's just me.

Best way to learn is to spend time with them. Don't jump right into the sex (except of course with the professionals, who like pros everywhere are paid to leave). Get to know some local women outside the "game". I've had good results meeting women on Badoo, but there are lots of ways to meet them.

Bottom line with Chinese women: always keep both eyes open, and always read between the lines.

GM.

Member #4689
12-12-11, 17:40
Be careful, they can be unpredictable. They won't chop off your dick like a Thai girl might when angered, but they might harass you in other ways you will come to regret.

GM.Could you please elaborate here, you mean they show up on your doorstep at home or company or something like that and create a scene.

Gualtier Malde
12-13-11, 05:22
Could you please elaborate here, you mean they show up on your doorstep at home or company or something like that and create a scene.I think you would be crazy to let a village girl know where you live or work, unless you don't mind coming home and finding her (or her large male relatives) parked at your front door after you tried to break it off with her, or finding her there when you happen to be bringing home some paybie from Maggies.

Just my opinion, perhaps I'm paranoid, but I do know someone who had to deal with this (the girl showing up) after he preferred to move on. Consider getting yourself a "shag pad" if you want to bring them "home".

GM.

Pokerstar77
12-28-11, 06:45
Pokerstar,

I have lived in both. I like SH better because it is a bit edgier than HK. Other consideration it somewhat depends on age of your kids. As Fritobugger mentioned top international schools in SH are expensive. $20-25k / kid. You housing $ goes farther in SH for more space. HK apartments are very small. All depends on your package, where you will be traveling. Crossing the HK / SZ border daily sucks, etc.

I think you mentioned your kids were young, so in HK, you should consider living in Discovery Bay. Nice environment, easy access to central, good preschool named DMK. Social life in the DB plaza is good fun.

Good luck.

SHShangHangin, nice nick by the way, Thank you very much for your reply.

The kid is two and half years old and the second one is expected in early 2012. I made my choice and decided to relocate to HK. Contacted a broker and I'll be sure to let him include some locations on Discovery Bay. I've also lived in both cities, but as I can read from you post, Hong Kong is more family friendly. Shanghai or China for that matter is nice, especially when your single.

Again, thanks for your reply. You helped me a lot.

Clandestine782
05-24-12, 18:08
http://www.economonitor.com/blog/2012/05/china-real-estate-unravels/

China Real Estate Unravels.

Author: Patrick Chovanec · May 16th. 2012 · Comments (9) Share ThisPrint 1101 137.

As a prelude to a broader analysis of China's GDP, and the accuracy of its official GDP figures, I want to start by examining the national real estate statistics for the first four months of 2012. This discussion feeds into the broader GDP picture, but the property story that has been unfolding is important and interesting enough to be worth taking a close look at on its own.

Getting an accurate view of the property sector is complicated by the fact that neither the official price index, nor the Soufun price index, nor the average price / square meter that can be calculated from the investment numbers seem to track very well with each other or with point-of-sale impressions of steep developer discounts over the past eight months. Developers and local governments also enjoy a great deal of discretion in deciding what to count as a 'start' or a 'completion. ' Monthly data releases are never revised, which often gives rise to huge corrections that are simply lumped into the end-year December data release, giving a distorted impression of how trends are unfolding (so, for instance, the 19% drop in property starts in December 2011 probably wasn't as sudden as it appears, and more likely reflected an unreported decline spread over several preceding months).

All that being said, I'm seeing some rather striking patterns in the data that tell us two main things:

1. The market is not poised to recover, but will continue to see greater downward pressure on prices; and.

2. Real estate investment is likely to flatten out or start falling, erasing several percentage points of GDP growth.

Last month, many observers took comfort from reports that overall real estate investment in Q1 rose 23. 5% (in nominal terms) compared to the same period the previous year. To be sure, this was a comedown from 2011, when property investment rose 27. 9, or 2010, when it rose 33. 2. But it still seemed to reflect resilient growth: hardly a collapse in market, more like the kind of modest slowdown consistent with 'soft landing. '

Very few people paused to ask where this investment growth was actually coming from. After all, the market was clearly struggling. Year-on-year sales in Q1, for all real estate, was down. 14. 6. The decline was even steeper,.17. 5, in residential property, which accounts for about 80% of the market. Office sales were down. 10. 2, while growth in 'commercial' (I. E, retail) property sales, which saw a boom in 2011, decelerated to +10. 5. Although many people were touting a month-on-month sales recovery in March, compared to the Chinese New Year period, March sales were still down. 7.8% from the year before, for the sector as a whole, and. 9.7% for residential properties (by comparison, sales in January-February were a disaster, falling. 20. 9% overall, compared to the first two months of 2011,.24. 7% for residential).

Given this consistent fall-off in sales, it's not surprising that new property starts began to stall. I already mentioned that the 19% drop in new starts in December may have been a bit of a statistical aberration. Starts (measured in floor space) in Jan-Feb were up 5. 1, although the gains came entirely from office and retail — housing starts were flat. But overall starts fell by. 4.2% in March, with housing starts down. 9.8, ensuring that overall starts for Q1 were flat (+0. 3%) with residential starts down. 5.2. Land sales for Q1 were also flat, with sales proceeds rising 2. 5% but land area sold down. 3.9. In March, they were negative (-3. 6% sales revenue,.8. 5% area sold).

So if sales were down, and starts were either flat or down, where was the 23. 5% investment growth coming from? Developers, burdened by 70% leverage ratios and loans threatening to come due, were rushing to complete whatever projects were already in their pipeline, in order to put those units onto the market and raise cash. Completions (measured in floor space) were up 39. 3% in Q1, compared to last year (residential completions were similarly up 40. 0%). But, of course, those completed units weren't selling like last year, so unsold inventories expanded. At the close of Q1, the total amount of floor space 'for sale' was up 35. 5, compared to the same date last year, while the floor space of residential units 'for sale' grew 47. 4.

(That's just the floor space that developers admitted was for sale. There are plenty of tricks they can use to hold units off the market, in order to massage the official data and avoid spooking buyers. At the end of 2011, total floor space 'under construction' was roughly 4. 6 times the floor space sold that year. Assuming it typically takes three years to build a unit, from start to finish, that suggests about a year and a half worth of excess inventory hidden somewhere in the pipeline. The ratio for residential property was 4. 0, which suggests that, while there may be about a year's worth of unsold inventory in the housing market, the overhang in commercial real estate is even steeper. Although in absolute terms, it's the housing overhang that matters).

China's developers are playing out a kind of prisoner's dilemma: rush to complete, in hopes of cashing out. But while supply keeps going up, demand is going down. In late March, a central bank (PBOC) survey reported that only 14. 1% of Chinese consumers were looking to buy a house in Q2, the lowest level since 1999. Only 17. 7% expected home prices to rise in Q2, and 62. 9% said they still consider prices to be too high. So all those rushed completions only add to the glut already on the market, driving prices down further and giving buyers — investors and aspiring residents alike — all the more reason to hold off for a better deal. Perhaps this is why Qin Hong, deputy head of research for the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development (MOHURD) , told the Oriental Morning Post in late March that she doesn't expect housing prices to rebound significantly for the rest of the year. A strong rebound is impossible, she said, due to the continued property tightening policy and high housing inventory (my italics).

The second implication of the dynamic I've just described is that the 'resilient' growth in real estate investment that seemed to promise a 'soft landing' is not very resilient at all. It's more like the last gasp of a market that's running out of steam. Once the surge in completions plays out, the declining number of new starts will become the pipeline, and growth in property investment will flatten or go negative. Property investment accounts for roughly a quarter of gross Fixed Asset Investment (FAI) , and net FAI accounts for over half of China's GDP growth. As I noted in January, in a back-of-the-envelope thought exercise, if property investment plateaus (growth falls to zero) , it could shave as much as 2. 6 percentage points off of real GDP growth. If it fell 10% (in real, not nominal terms) it could bring GDP growth down to 5. 3.

At the time I first saw this dynamic in the data, when the Q1 numbers came out, I figured it would take several months to begin playing out. But the April numbers suggest it is already happening. In April, overall completions rose only 2. 8% year-on-year (down from 39. 3% in Q1) , and housing completions flatlined at 0. 8% (down from 40. 0% in Q1). As completions petered out, growth in real estate investment decelerated markedly, to just 9. 2, with residential investment growing just 4. 0. Investment actually fell month-on-month, in absolute terms, by. 10. 7% overall and. 9.5% in housing. It only grew year-on-year at all because of a low base set last April. If you plugged this year's April versus last year's May, you'the get a year-on-year drop of. 9.1% for property investment overall, and. 11. 0% for housing. (In this context, it's worth noting that, according to the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Statistics, overall property investment growth in the capital already went negative in January-February, for the first time in three years, dropping. 4.6%).

If there's one bright side to the plateau in completions, it was that unsold inventories advanced less rapidly over the year before. Floor space 'for sale' did rise in April, in absolute terms, but not by much. It's important to remember, though, all the unsold inventory that remains held back and hidden in the pipeline, as noted before.

Meanwhile, the contraction in sales, new starts, and land sales deepened even further in April. Although the decline in sales appeared to moderate slightly for the sector as a whole (-4. 5%) and for housing (-2. 9%) , this was again largely due to a lower base effect from last April, when sales contracted month-on-month by nearly RMB 100 billion. This year's April sales also registered a significant month-on-month decline, by. 17. 2% for all property and. 15. 5% for housing. The more striking news, perhaps, is that commercial property sales, which have been much more resilient until now, also plunged, with office sales falling. 23. 4% year-on-year and. 34. 4% compared to March, and retail property sales falling. 9.5% year-on-year and. 22. 7% month-on-month. April was the first month in which all three categories were in year-on-year decline.

New starts in April fell. 14. 6% year-on-year and. 27. 0% month-on-month, for property as a whole. Housing starts fell. 14. 4% year-on-year and. 23. 4% month-on-month. Office and retail starts, which had remained quite strong through Q1, also plunged. Office starts fell. 21. 0% year-on-year in April, and. 45. 1% compared to March. Retail property starts fell. 18. 7% year-on-year, and. 36. 8% compared to March. (The year-on-year April comparisons for office and retail rely on a reverse calculation to isolate April 2011 figures, which NBS did not provide in its earlier releases). In short, the trendline in starts has dipped into negative double digits across all categories.

Land sales, meanwhile, fell off a cliff. Land sale revenues in April (RMB 27 billion) were down. 54. 7% compared to April last year (RMB 60 billion) , and. 47. 0% compared to March (RMB 51 billion). Total area sold was down. 52. 5% compared to last April, and. 43. 4% compared to March (the year-on-year comparison here relies on a similar reverse calculation as before).

It should be no surprise, then, that foreign investors are pulling back from China's property sector. Foreign funding for property development was down. 91. 4% in March and. 80. 8% in April, compared to the same months last year.

I think most readers will agree, this is pretty powerful stuff. At least one major sector of the Chinese economy (10-13% of GDP) , which had been a leading growth driver, is undoubtedly in contraction. More importantly, the dynamics behind these numbers suggest that the market has not bottomed out, but is still in the process of unraveling. That is why I told CNN, in late April:

'No one has hit the panic button yet, ' Chovanec said. 'Everyone is holding out hope that at some point it turns around somehow. But I also think that's a triumph of hope over reason. '

Loveasiangirls
05-25-12, 01:47
http://www.economonitor.com/blog/2012/05/china-real-estate-unravels/

China Real Estate Unravels.

Author: Patrick Chovanec · May 16th. 2012 · Comments (9) Share ThisPrint 1101 137.

As a prelude to a broader analysis of China's GDP, and the accuracy of its official GDP figures, I want to start by examining the national real estate statistics for the first four months of 2012. This discussion feeds into the broader GDP picture, but the property story that has been. Unraveling. That is why I told CNN, in late April:

'No one has hit the panic button yet, ' Chovanec said. 'Everyone is holding out hope that at some point it turns around somehow. But I also think that's a triumph of hope over reason. 'The only stats that I know for sure are that my rent in Beijing went up 25% this year and buying an apartment in my building would cost more than the equivalent in Canada.

Clandestine782
07-15-12, 20:28
http://chovanec.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/can-u-s-and-china-avert-accounting-armageddon/

you can't access this most of the time (from inside china without a vpn or a proxy server) , so i will copy and paste the article in full.

can usa and china avert accounting armageddon?

june 17, 2012.

tags: audit, backdoor listing, big four, china airborne, china securities regulatory commission, csrc, delisting, deloitte, james fallows, longtop, muddy waters, paul gillis, pcaob, public company accounting oversight board, reverse merger, sarbanes-oxley, sec, securities and exchange commission.

china and the usa appear to be an a collision course over accounting. that's a lot more serious than it sounds. by the end of this year, unless a compromise can be reached, there is a very real chance that usa securities regulators may end up employing the 'nuclear option': forcibly delisting every chinese company currently listed on a usa stock exchange — such as sinopec, sina. com, china life, and china unicom. it's a potential catastrophe-in-the-making that few investors or politicians have given any serious thought to.

last year, the us-listed stocks of more than a few chinese companies took a beating following accusations by short sellers and research shops like muddy waters that sinoforest and other companies — many of which had avoided ipo scrutiny by arranging reverse mergers with already-listed entities — were grossly exaggerating their real assets and business performance in their official financial statements. these accusations prompted the securities and exchange commission (sec) to launch several fraud investigations into the chinese companies in question.

rather than assisting the sec in its cross-border probes — as other countries regularly do — the china securities regulatory commission (csrc) has actively blocked the sec's information requests, insisting that audit materials on chinese firms fall under china's ambiguous yet draconian state secrets law. this april, when the sec issued a subpoena to the chinese arm of deloitte, demanding the audit records of longtop financial (which collapsed last may after deloitte resigned as its auditor) , deloitte refused, noting that the csrc directly ordered them not to turn over such papers. the firm argued it could be dissolved and its partners jailed for life if they were to comply. in may, the sec responded by initiating administrative proceedings to punish deloitte china for violating its duties under the 2002 sarbanes-oxley act. penalties could include suspending the firm's authority to perform audits for us-listed companies, which are required under usa securities laws. apparently similar subpoenas have been issued to each of the other 'big four' global audit firms (e&y, kmpg, and pwc) , and have met with similar replies.

there is a further complication. the sarbanes-oxley act established the public company accounting oversight board (pcaob) , a five-person body appointed by the sec. public accounting firms that wish to perform audits on us-listed companies must register with pcaob, and pcaob is required, by law, to conduct inspections of those firms. so far, chinese authorities have refused pcaob permission to inspect auditors based in china, including the local arms of 'big four' global audit firms. last month, it looked like pcaob might have worked out a compromise that would let it observe chinese regulators perform their own inspection, but the sec action against deloitte china appears to have derailed that plan. the stage is set for a deadlock with serious, potentially disastrous implications, as my fellow cpa and peking university counterpart paul gillis describes in his blog:

the pcaob faces a december deadline to complete inspections of chinese accounting firms that are registered with the pcaob. it seems highly unlikely that they will meet this deadline, since chinese regulators will not let them come to china. while the pcaob could extend the deadline, they have already been under political pressure to act. without resolution, the only meaningful option for the sec, and the pcaob, is for the pcaob to deregister the firms and for the sec to ban them from practice before the sec.

the consequence of those actions would be that usa listed chinese companies would be without auditors and unable to find them. having an auditor is a listing requirement of the exchanges, so under exchange rules the companies face delisting. the usa listed chinese companies would be unable to file financial statements as required. that should lead the sec to eventually deregister the companies with the sec.

paul notes that shareholders in the delisted chinese companies would still own their shares, but would be unable to trade them on usa exchanges. the companies would probably try to list their stock on other non-usa exchanges such as hong kong, which could prove an expensive and cumbersome option. the effect on us-china relations, and on investor confidence in cross-border investments in either direction, would be devastating. yet the alternative would be to allow chinese companies to trade their shares on usa exchanges while openly flouting usa securities laws — not just sarbanes-oxley, which is somewhat controversial, but anti-fraud provisions dating back to the 1930s.

in the meantime, chinese regulators have been moving to exert even greater secrecy and control over companies' financial information. local bureaus of the state administration for industry and commerce (saic) have started restricting public access to domestic corporate filings, after short sellers and analysts used information gleaned from those filings to call company financial statements into question. of more immediate concern, the ministry of finance is following through on plans to force the 'big four' global audit firms to surrender majority control of their chinese operations over to local cpas, and dramatically reduce the number of foreign-certified cpas they employ. as paul gillis notes on his blog:

one of the unintended outcomes of the restructuring of the big four in china will be that the firms will likely be required to re-register with the pcaob. that could pose a problem, since the pcaob has said they will accept no new audit firm registrations from china until the issue of inspections is resolved.

i was pondering the irresistible-force-meets-immovable-object dilemma here last night when i happened across a seemingly unrelated passage in jim fallows' new book china airborne, which offered a glimmer of hope.

in 1997, jim relates, three chinese airlines — air china, china eastern, and china southern — had just been awarded or applied for very prestigious and strategically important routes to the united states, and had purchased brand-new state-of-the-art boeing planes to fly those routes, with many further orders expected. however, the safety record of chinese airlines in the 1990s was atrocious. in order to actually fly those routes, the airlines required approval from the usa department of transportation (dot) , the parent body of the faa. the dot, at the faa's urging, demanded 'confirmation that china's regulatory standards, as applied by the caac, conformed to the worldwide guidelines laid out by international agreements. ' until then, it was no fly.

the chinese were furious, believing the americans had double-crossed them by selling the planes and then reneging on the routes. the whole thing could have concluded in respective chest-beating and a very ugly, damaging stand-off. instead, boeing took the initiative (since its future sales were on the line) through a series of seminars, tours, and training sessions to reconcile the two points of view. key to its success was the way it handled chinese sensitivities:

one [way] was to present all their recommendations in terms of meeting international standards for air safety and airline procedures, rather than seeming to say, this is how we do it in the usa of a. presenting the challenge this way made it far more palatable to the chinese side. learning to comply with international standards was one more sign of modernization in china; doing things the 'american way' could seem like a sign of continued subservience. the examples were, of course, from american practices at the faa or the operational details of boeing and united airlines, but the leitmotif was that americans had learned how to make their practices meet international standards, and they could help the chinese do the same thing.

bridging the gap in securities regulation will surely be more difficult than fine-tuning some phrases — especially since chinese companies that truly are fraudulent have a lot to hide. but chinese aviation officials had a lot to hide too, back then. many of them, once they realized how far they fell short of 'international standards, ' doubted whether they could ever make the grade, and feared losing face and making others lose face if they tried. but working with their american partners, they succeeded: china's airline industry today has an admirable safety record, which has laid the foundation for ambitious plans for china to claim a leading role in the global aviation industry. caixin reports that at least some officials at csrc are sympathetic to what the sec is trying to achieve, and they certainly don't want to seem too far out of step with their international (and much more cooperative) peers.

if china wants shanghai to become a 'global financial center, ' or the renminbi to develop into an 'international currency, ' it has to do the same thing in securities regulation that did in airline safety regulation. it has to win the confidence of global investors just as it successfully won the confidence of global travellers. china closing the windows and battening the hatches to avoid embarrassment is not a solution; but neither is americans telling the chinese 'it's our way or the highway. ' the usa has to make a forceful, compelling argument that adopting international norms of openness and cooperation on securities fraud investigations will help china achieve its ambitions — but that until then, it's 'no fly' for unsafe stocks on usa markets.

Xcalibir
07-16-12, 05:47
http://chovanec.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/can-u-s-and-china-avert-accounting-armageddon/

you can't access this most of the time (from inside china without a vpn or a proxy server) , so i will copy and paste the article in full.

can usa and china avert accounting armageddon?

june 17, 2012.

china and the usa appear to be an a collision course over accounting. that's a lot more serious than it sounds. by the end of this year, unless a compromise can be reached, there is a very real chance that usa securities regulators may end up employing the 'nuclear option': forcibly delisting every chinese company currently listed on a usa stock exchange — such as sinopec, sina. com, china life, and china unicom. it's a potential catastrophe-in-the-making that few investors or politicians have given any serious thought to.

last year, the us-listed stocks of more than a few chinese companies took a beating following accusations by short sellers and research shops like muddy waters that sinoforest and other companies — many of which had avoided ipo scrutiny by arranging reverse mergers with already-listed entities — were grossly exaggerating their real assets and business performance in their official financial statements. these accusations prompted the securities and exchange commission (sec) to launch several fraud investigations into the chinese companies in question.

rather than assisting the sec in its cross-border probes — as other countries regularly do — the china securities regulatory commission (csrc) has actively blocked the sec's information requests, insisting that audit materials on chinese firms fall under china's ambiguous yet draconian state secrets law. this april, when the sec issued a subpoena to the chinese arm of deloitte, demanding the audit records of longtop financial (which collapsed last may after deloitte resigned as its auditor) , deloitte refused, noting that the csrc directly ordered them not to turn over such papers. the firm argued it could be dissolved and its partners jailed for life if they were to comply. in may, the sec responded by initiating administrative proceedings to punish deloitte china for violating its duties under the 2002 sarbanes-oxley act. penalties could include suspending the firm's authority to perform audits for us-listed companies, which are required under usa securities laws. apparently similar subpoenas have been issued to each of the other 'big four' global audit firms (e&y, kmpg, and pwc) , and have met with similar replies.

there is a further complication. the sarbanes-oxley act established the public company accounting oversight board (pcaob) , a five-person body appointed by the sec. public accounting firms that wish to perform audits on us-listed companies must register with pcaob, and pcaob is required, by law, to conduct inspections of those firms. so far, chinese authorities have refused pcaob permission to inspect auditors based in china, including the local arms of 'big four' global audit firms. last month, it looked like pcaob might have worked out a compromise that would let it observe chinese regulators perform their own inspection, but the sec action against deloitte china appears to have derailed that plan. the stage is set for a deadlock with serious, potentially disastrous implications, as my fellow cpa and peking university counterpart paul gillis describes in his blog:

the pcaob faces a december deadline to complete inspections of chinese accounting firms that are registered with the pcaob. it seems highly unlikely that they will meet this deadline, since chinese regulators will not let them come to china. while the pcaob could extend the deadline, they have already been under political pressure to act. without resolution, the only meaningful option for the sec, and the pcaob, is for the pcaob to deregister the firms and for the sec to ban them from practice before the sec.

the consequence of those actions would be that usa listed chinese companies would be without auditors and unable to find them. having an auditor is a listing requirement of the exchanges, so under exchange rules the companies face delisting. the usa listed chinese companies would be unable to file financial statements as required. that should lead the sec to eventually deregister the companies with the sec.

paul notes that shareholders in the delisted chinese companies would still own their shares, but would be unable to trade them on usa exchanges. the companies would probably try to list their stock on other non-usa exchanges such as hong kong, which could prove an expensive and cumbersome option. the effect on us-china relations, and on investor confidence in cross-border investments in either direction, would be devastating. yet the alternative would be to allow chinese companies to trade their shares on usa exchanges while openly flouting usa securities laws — not just sarbanes-oxley, which is somewhat controversial, but anti-fraud provisions dating back to the 1930s.

in the meantime, chinese regulators have been moving to exert even greater secrecy and control over companies' financial information. local bureaus of the state administration for industry and commerce (saic) have started restricting public access to domestic corporate filings, after short sellers and analysts used information gleaned from those filings to call company financial statements into question. of more immediate concern, the ministry of finance is following through on plans to force the 'big four' global audit firms to surrender majority control of their chinese operations over to local cpas, and dramatically reduce the number of foreign-certified cpas they employ. as paul gillis notes on his blog:

one of the unintended outcomes of the restructuring of the big four in china will be that the firms will likely be required to re-register with the pcaob. that could pose a problem, since the pcaob has said they will accept no new audit firm registrations from china until the issue of inspections is resolved.

i was pondering the irresistible-force-meets-immovable-object dilemma here last night when i happened across a seemingly unrelated passage in jim fallows' new book china airborne, which offered a glimmer of hope.

in 1997, jim relates, three chinese airlines — air china, china eastern, and china southern — had just been awarded or applied for very prestigious and strategically important routes to the united states, and had purchased brand-new state-of-the-art boeing planes to fly those routes, with many further orders expected. however, the safety record of chinese airlines in the 1990s was atrocious. in order to actually fly those routes, the airlines required approval from the usa department of transportation (dot) , the parent body of the faa. the dot, at the faa's urging, demanded 'confirmation that china's regulatory standards, as applied by the caac, conformed to the worldwide guidelines laid out by international agreements. ' until then, it was no fly.

the chinese were furious, believing the americans had double-crossed them by selling the planes and then reneging on the routes. the whole thing could have concluded in respective chest-beating and a very ugly, damaging stand-off. instead, boeing took the initiative (since its future sales were on the line) through a series of seminars, tours, and training sessions to reconcile the two points of view. key to its success was the way it handled chinese sensitivities:

one [way] was to present all their recommendations in terms of meeting international standards for air safety and airline procedures, rather than seeming to say, this is how we do it in the usa of a. presenting the challenge this way made it far more palatable to the chinese side. learning to comply with international standards was one more sign of modernization in china; doing things the 'american way' could seem like a sign of continued subservience. the examples were, of course, from american practices at the faa or the operational details of boeing and united airlines, but the leitmotif was that americans had learned how to make their practices meet international standards, and they could help the chinese do the same thing.

bridging the gap in securities regulation will surely be more difficult than fine-tuning some phrases — especially since chinese companies that truly are fraudulent have a lot to hide. but chinese aviation officials had a lot to hide too, back then. many of them, once they realized how far they fell short of 'international standards, ' doubted whether they could ever make the grade, and feared losing face and making others lose face if they tried. but working with their american partners, they succeeded: china's airline industry today has an admirable safety record, which has laid the foundation for ambitious plans for china to claim a leading role in the global aviation industry. caixin reports that at least some officials at csrc are sympathetic to what the sec is trying to achieve, and they certainly don't want to seem too far out of step with their international (and much more cooperative) peers.

if china wants shanghai to become a 'global financial center, ' or the renminbi to develop into an 'international currency, ' it has to do the same thing in securities regulation that did in airline safety regulation. it has to win the confidence of global investors just as it successfully won the confidence of global travellers. china closing the windows and battening the hatches to avoid embarrassment is not a solution; but neither is americans telling the chinese 'it's our way or the highway. ' the usa has to make a forceful, compelling argument that adopting international norms of openness and cooperation on securities fraud investigations will help china achieve its ambitions — but that until then, it's 'no fly' for unsafe stocks on usa markets.http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/10/business/la-fi-china-auditing-rules-20120511

a similarly related article. looks like china is trying to force all accounting partners based in china to pass the chinese version of the cpa exam. with the auditing problems that chinese companies are having right now, i don't see how turning the "reins" over to not so experienced locals will do anything to fix the situation. it will probably make things worse.

Clandestine782
07-16-12, 07:25
Thank you for that. Glad to see that someone else reads the newspaper. They sure are a funny race, the Chinese. What I get from these articles (and years of experience) is: rather than than be about the business of trying to build profitable companies, they are going to go much further and try to trick people into believing that the companies are profitable. And since local people are genetically inclined to lie, then it makes sense to hire them and no foreigners. Yet another example of taking 20 steps to try to do something the wrong way when it would only take 2-3 to do things the RIGHT way.

But in that article that I read, it mentioned that investors learned the hard way that investing in US-listed Chinese companies that were acquired through reverse mergers were sure ways to lose money.

Xcalibir
07-16-12, 14:23
Thank you for that. Glad to see that someone else reads the newspaper. They sure are a funny race, the Chinese. What I get from these articles (and years of experience) is: rather than than be about the business of trying to build profitable companies, they are going to go much further and try to trick people into believing that the companies are profitable. And since local people are genetically inclined to lie, then it makes sense to hire them and no foreigners. Yet another example of taking 20 steps to try to do something the wrong way when it would only take 2-3 to do things the RIGHT way.

But in that article that I read, it mentioned that investors learned the hard way that investing in US-listed Chinese companies that were acquired through reverse mergers were sure ways to lose money.I'm ethnically Chinese but grew up here in the west. I think part of the reason why China is playing "hardball" is because of a historical mistrust of "the west." These events include the colonialization of various areas in China in the 1800s, the isolationism of the 1950s, and the current "bash China" environment of possibly unfairly blaming China for certain problems in the West. China's power is increasing daily. Unlike in the past where they were almost forced into certain decisions by the West, China has enough power now to disagree with the west. On top of that, I think the USA has also unfairly blamed China on many issues such as the high unemployment rate in China. The only thing that both REpublicans and Democrats can agree on these days is to blame China. It has almost turned into a game between the USA and China. If China says X, the US almost always says the opposite of X. If the USA says Y, China will say the opposite of Y. I think eventually there will be a compromise but China is just trying to make things hard for the US.

Secondly, I think the pendulum has swung entirely the other way with reverse merger companies. Many investors are having a hard time telling the difference between solid companies and the fraudulent companies. Since investors cannot tell which ones are fraudulent and which ones aren't they are treating all reverse merger corporations as fraudulent. Some companies legitimately use reverse mergers as a low cost way of raise capital.

Loveasiangirls
07-16-12, 15:51
Http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/10/business/la-fi-china-auditing-rules-20120511

A similarly related article. Looks like China is trying to force all accounting partners based in China to pass the Chinese version of the CPA exam. With the auditing problems that Chinese companies are having right now, I don't see how turning the "reins" over to not so experienced locals will do anything to fix the situation. It will probably make things worse.Pretty standard in most civilized countries. If you want to practice as as CPA you need to pass the (local) exam to get your license.

I don't see the use of an accounting trying to work in China who could not even read the financial statements due to lack of language skill.

Clandestine782
07-16-12, 16:11
Language skills are incidental. The point is seeing if the numbers add up. (They likely don't.) In any case, differing language has not been an issue in other countries. Why should it be an issue in China? (No one has ever complained about German being spoken in Switzerland and therefore records of their companies being inaccessible.)

Xcalibir
07-17-12, 14:45
Language skills are incidental. The point is seeing if the numbers add up. (They likely don't.) In any case, differing language has not been an issue in other countries. Why should it be an issue in China? (No one has ever complained about German being spoken in Switzerland and therefore records of their companies being inaccessible.)My GF is an auditor and believe it or not, there is actually a lot of language skills required in being an auditor.

I think the issue lies with experience. What I heard is that most of the partner level employees do not review the audits and they are mostly there to try to get business and to make sure everything is going smoothly. Most of the work is done from the manager / senior manager level. The lower level staff checks the papers and the managers and senior managers double check just to make sure everything is correct. Looking for mistakes whether purposeful or accidental is sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack. Also, it is nearly impossible to check every single transaction. Since the lower level staff is usually not very experienced, it is going to be very difficult for them to detect any sort of fraud. Keep in mind the fraudulent techniques that some reverse merger companies use are sophisticated. They don't just adjust the balance sheet. I suspect that the big 4 in China have a ton of foreign managers and senior managers. Since they probably do not have a lot of local experience they probably have a difficult time telling which numbers look reasonable.

Gualtier Malde
07-17-12, 17:39
language skills are incidental. the point is seeing if the numbers add up. (they likely don't.) in any case, differing language has not been an issue in other countries. why should it be an issue in china? (no one has ever complained about german being spoken in switzerland and therefore records of their companies being inaccessible.)and unfortunately, the numbers will add up, as i learned in my first locally managed chinese business. yet, even with magically balanced books, the money will disappear. one has to look beyond the books at receipts, which will be forged / copied / mutilated / lost / altered / obfurep001ed as necessary to justify the figures entered into the books. only an outside audit by an independent, western trained, chinese speaking accountant has a hope of finding this kind of fraud, and even then you won't have real certainty.

gm.

Clandestine782
07-17-12, 21:37
Wow! When you did a business, surely it was something simple like a restaurant (things which exist in abundance in China). These things that are being talked about here are BIG things. Can that many receipts be faked?

Well, on second thought. I guess they could. If you have a restaurant, it is something like a thousand receipts a week of 50RMB each. But if you have a big business, then it is only a matter of adding a zero here or a one there and then your results are what you want them to be.

I have wondered if the Chinese government does the US / foreign companies a favor by not allowing them to list here. Something like 99% of companies that try to do business here lose money. So, if bigger companies came and tried to list on the stock market, that would just be more companies that had a chance to come and lose money.

Give me some examples of where the money disappears to. Some examples of situations that you have seen / lived.

Loveasiangirls
07-17-12, 23:14
Language skills are incidental. The point is seeing if the numbers add up. (They likely don't.) In any case, differing language has not been an issue in other countries. Why should it be an issue in China? (No one has ever complained about German being spoken in Switzerland and therefore records of their companies being inaccessible.)I doubt very much that someone speaking no english (nor spanish) would get a CPA license in the USA. If you can't write the tests. Does not preclude you from working though. Accounting is not just about adding up the numbers. I also doubt that any Fortune 500 company in the US would accept that the partner in charge of their account could not speak any english except hello. Makes sense to me.

Sintrav
07-18-12, 01:42
I doubt very much that someone speaking no english (nor spanish) would get a CPA license in the USA. If you can't write the tests. Does not preclude you from working though. Accounting is not just about adding up the numbers. I also doubt that any Fortune 500 company in the US would accept that the partner in charge of their account could not speak any english except hello. Makes sense to me.Accounting is not just about adding up the numbers. Absolutely right. I think you see the picture.

Each country so to say has it's own rules and guidelines when it comes to accounting. Thats why you are looking for (need) a local certified book keeper. Head accountant of a big international comp may not speak a single word of Chinese. He can keep the books to his companies standards but this does not mean a Chinese version of the books is not required. Like to see an expat doing that. He might even sign the balance sheets but again, without local help. No way.

In the end it is all numbers which have to match, but its a long way to this point (in China too)

Looking into accounting here in China myself soon (why I never trust these guys)?

Gualtier Malde
07-18-12, 02:07
Wow! When you did a business, surely it was something simple like a restaurant (things which exist in abundance in China). These things that are being talked about here are BIG things. Can that many receipts be faked?

Well, on second thought. I guess they could. If you have a restaurant, it is something like a thousand receipts a week of 50RMB each. But if you have a big business, then it is only a matter of adding a zero here or a one there and then your results are what you want them to be.

I have wondered if the Chinese government does the US / foreign companies a favor by not allowing them to list here. Something like 99% of companies that try to do business here lose money. So, if bigger companies came and tried to list on the stock market, that would just be more companies that had a chance to come and lose money.

Give me some examples of where the money disappears to. Some examples of situations that you have seen / lived.No it wasn't a restaurant! I would be happy to share via PM.

GM.

El Frances
10-11-12, 08:29
Hi,

Do anyone know a reliable shop in Beijing, where I can buy these new Chinese Android 4 tablets, but in English version (and preferably with Google play)? They are sold on the web, but I don't know if they are also sold in shops.

Thanks!

Clandestine782
12-12-12, 18:42
The most important showdown between China and the United States isn't happening in the Pacific. It's happening at the SEC.

BY PATRICK CHOVANEC | DECEMBER 10, 2012 http://chovanec.wordpress.com/

China and the United States are on a collision course — over accounting. Last week, the USA Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged the Chinese affiliates of the world's top five accounting firms with violating securities laws for refusing to hand over information on suspect Chinese companies to investigators. The move is the latest, most dramatic step in an escalating standoff that could easily lead to a financial version of Armageddon: the forcible (and unprecedented) delisting of all Chinese shares currently traded on USA exchanges, including big-name stocks like Baidu, Sinopec, and China Mobile — causing losses of billions of dollars and damaging the perception that the United States is friendly to Chinese businesses.

Accounting audit practices may seem like a topic more likely to lull nations (and magazine readers) to sleep. But as anyone who lost money investing in Enron or with Bernie Madoff knows, playing fast and loose with accounting rules can have huge consequences. Accounting is the language of business, and lying about revenues or liabilities is fraud. Washington created the SEC in the wake of the Wall Street Crash of 1929 to ensure that companies that offer their shares to the public are what they claim to be.

To meet that objective, the SEC requires that all companies selling securities to the public to submit annual financial statements audited by a qualified third party. If a company doesn't file reports that have an auditor's stamp of approval, its stocks and bonds cannot be traded on a public exchange. After the scandal following the 2001 collapse of energy giant Enron, in which the company's auditor, Arthur Andersen, faced criminal charges for covering up dodgy accounting practices, Congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to tighten up regulation of auditors and the audit process. The new law created the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) , a quasi-public entity that reports to the SEC and is responsible for policing the auditors. Now, in order to perform qualified audits, an audit firm must register with the board and submit to rigorous and regular inspections by its staff.

Over the past decade, roughly 400 Chinese companies have listed their shares on USA stock exchanges. A few are multi-billion dollar state-owned enterprises, such as China Life, China Telecom, and PetroChina. More than 100 were so-called backdoor-listed companies that circumvented the cost and scrutiny associated with an initial public offering by buying and merging into a USA firm whose stock was already listed. As USA-listed stocks, all of them have chosen to submit themselves to SEC regulation in order to tap USA and global investors for funds via USA markets.

Because the bulk of their operations are in China, these companies must rely on auditors licensed in China — in many cases the Chinese subsidiaries of the top global audit firms — to audit them. For the SEC to accept their audits, these China-based auditors must register and maintain good standing with the board.

The problem is that the Chinese regulator, the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) , refuses to allow the board to inspect the USA-registered, China-based auditors, as required by Sarbanes-Oxley. It sees the idea of a USA regulator overseeing a Chinese auditor as a violation of China's national sovereignty. For some time now, the board has been negotiating with the CSRC, trying to get them to accept some form of cooperative inspections, or even allow it to observe Chinese inspections. So far, these talks have gone nowhere.

It's not unusual for the United States to get pushback from foreign countries or foreign companies on new regulations. When Sarbanes-Oxley first passed, several USA-listed European firms (as well as many USA companies) objected to a provision requiring listed firms to perform an annual audit of internal controls, in addition to the traditional audit of financial statements. They argued that this extra requirement was so costly and burdensome, they might no longer bother to maintain their stock listings in the United States, seriously undermining the position of the USA capital markets on the world stage. In response, the SEC temporarily suspended the rule for foreign companies, and eventually scaled down the requirement for all companies to a less onerous 'top-down review. '

Recent events, however, have made it a lot harder for the SEC to show similar flexibility toward China. Since 2010, a number of short-sellers researching in China have leveled high-profile accusations of fraud against Chinese firms listed on USA markets. Five companies targeted by Muddy Waters, the best-known of those short-sellers, lost almost $5 billion in market value through June 2011. Several others have seen their shares rendered nearly worthless or been forced to declare bankruptcy. These firms allegedly engaged in malfeasance ranging from questionable accounting practices to inflate revenues and profits, making up numbers out of thin air (and hoping no one has the resources to prove otherwise) , embezzling funds, and even being total shams.

The SEC has also raised concerns about a popular holding structure, called the Variable Interest Entity, that many USA-listed 'China stocks' use to operate in certain industries in China, such as media and education, where foreign ownership is prohibited. The USA-listed company exercises operational and financial 'control' via contracts, allowing it to claim the China business as its own. Virtually all Chinese Internet start-ups listed in the United States are structured this way. The SEC worries that Chinese authorities could someday invalidate the contracts as illegal, leaving USA investors holding completely worthless shares.

In response, the SEC has launched fraud investigations into several USA-listed Chinese companies and their executives, ordering their China-based auditors to hand over confidential documents to examine for potential evidence of wrongdoing. In the most visible case, the SEC in May 2011 handed lawyers for Deloitte China a federal court subpoena to turn over its audit work papers for Longtop Financial Technologies, a Hong Kong-based maker of financial software that short-seller Citron Research had accused of fraudulent accounting (prompting Deloitte to resign the account, citing 'recently identified falsity' in Longtop's financial statements).

Deloitte China fired its lawyer for accepting the subpoena, and refused to comply. In a court filing explaining why, Deloitte claimed that Chinese regulators had issued an extraordinary threat, telling auditors that handing over audit work papers would violate China's (vague and draconian) State Secrets law, allowing China to 'dissolve the firm entirely and to seek prison sentences up to life in prison for any [Deloitte] partners and employees who participated in the violation. '

The refusals come at a time when Chinese local authorities, embarrassed by the allegations, have been cracking down on short-sellers' researchers, shutting off access to company disclosure filings and sometimes harassing and even jailing research teams conducting due diligence within China. The SEC, for its part, asked the judge in the Deloitte case for a stay until this coming January, to see if it could work out some kind of solution with its counterparts at the CSRC.

Last week's decision to file charges against all five top global audit firms in China appears to signal an end to the SEC's patience. In its court filing, the SEC expressed frustration, noting that since 2009, the CSRC had refused to provide any meaningful assistance on 21 information requests arising from 16 securities investigations into USA-listed Chinese firms. The Chinese, it has concluded, are simply stonewalling.

While the details may seem arcane, the ramifications can hardly be overstated. Chinese auditors could face financial penalties, but they could also be disqualified from conducting SEC audits. If Chinese auditors get de-registered, USA-listed Chinese companies won't be able to find anyone to sign off on their audits, leading all of these firms to have their shares forcibly delisted, en masse, from USA markets. Shareholders would still own their shares, but those shares would be much harder to buy and sell, making them worth considerably less.

Some domestic players think China has outgrown its need to rely on USA capital markets. State-owned China Development Bank has put together a $1 billion war chest to help buy out USA-listed Chinese companies and take them private. Rather than caving in, their defenders argue, Chinese companies should come home and relist on domestic or Hong Kong stock exchanges, where they might command even higher valuations. Given that China's Shanghai Index is down two-thirds from its peak five years ago, and with Hong Kong regulators raising similar concerns about fraud, this path may not be as easy or as promising as it sounds.

Chinese companies won't be the only ones affected if SEC-qualified Chinese auditors go the way of the dodo. Plenty of multinationals listed on USA markets, many of them headquartered in the United States, have substantial parts of their business in China. Yum Brands takes in 44 percent of its revenues from the KFC and Pizza Hut outlets it has in China. Car sales in China account for 34 percent of General Motors' profits. These numbers matter to their global bottom lines, and to sign off on their SEC filings, their lead auditors in the United States need a PBAOC-registered Chinese auditor to vouch for them. If no such auditors exist, these companies have a problem. (There may be clever workarounds, such as dividing up the work among so many auditors that none of them is vouching for a 'substantial' part of the business, but it's a costly and cumbersome solution. Nor is it clear if easy loopholes can be created for multinationals with substantial China operations without tearing a big hole in the fabric of USA securities regulation).

The SEC, though, may feel it has no other option. China's constraints effectively place Chinese companies completely beyond the reach of USA securities laws. If this were just a theoretical concern, there might be room to maneuver. But with dozens of Chinese stocks traded on USA exchanges dragged down by fraud allegations, costing investors billions of dollars in losses, the SEC has to act. And each action it takes brings the United States and China one step closer to an ugly financial divorce.

SE Asia Joe
12-27-12, 10:16
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1113153/chinas-bloggers-must-use-real-names-under-proposed-law?1356599701

seaj.

china's bloggers must use real names under proposed law.

web users say contentious proposal is another attempt to curb freedom of speech and will scare those seeking to expose corrupt officials.

thursday. 27 december. 2012, 12:00am.

mandy zuo mandy.zuo@scmp.com

many internet users say the proposed law is an attempt to further curb freedom of speech. photo: afp.

new legislation governing the internet, which officials claim is aimed at combating online vigilantes and privacy breaches, is proving controversial on the mainland because it will require bloggers and bulletin board users to register using their real names.

many internet users say it is an attempt to further curb freedom of speech and have expressed concern that it could scare off many wanting to expose corrupt officials.

a draft proposal to "strengthen protection of internet information ", discussed at a national people's congress standing committee meeting on monday, would oblige internet service providers to protect personal information and restrict the sending of spam text messages and e-mails.

li fei, deputy director of the npc's legislative affairs committee, told the meeting that because of "difficulty in getting evidence and punishing the right person" in cases of online crimes,"it's necessary to strengthen regulation of the identity of internet users", state media reported.

he was quoted as saying that people would be legally required to register with their real names when they signed up for platforms that released information, such as blogs, microblogs and bulletin board services. such platforms have become a major source of anti-corruption exposιs recently.

microblog users were told to register their real identities by march this year in a bid to curb "rumours and vulgarity", but that was a directive rather than a law.

official propaganda on the legislation has focused on online frauds and harassing phone calls, but more people are concerned about the basic human right of information freedom.

the proposal will became law if passed by the npc standing committee. the whole text was not released after monday's discussion.

hua lijia, a prosecutor in huhehot, inner mongolia, said public supervision of government would be affected if the proposal was adopted.

"many ordinary people are not good at fighting or cannot bear revenge, so they have to protect themselves first," he said.

duan xingyan, a policeman in jiujiang, jiangxi, said that if people circulated rumours online, it was already possible to trace them.

"but if you register with your real name and someone steals your account and spreads a rumour in your name, undeserved punishment could happen", he wrote on his microblog.

professor shen kui, from peking university's law school, questioned the legal reasoning behind the proposal.

he said that it was not technically necessary, since the police could already bust online crimes without requiring real name registration, for example, via a user's ip address, while it could frighten off many potential whistleblowers.

"when the negative social influence goes beyond the cost of busting crimes, the reasoning of this legislation is insufficient," shen said.

SE Asia Joe
12-27-12, 10:20
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1109724/peoples-daily-editorials-signal-harsher-internet-regulation

people's daily editorials signal harsher internet regulation.

amy li.

bio.

after graduating from the university of missouri with a master's degree in journalism, amy li began her journalism career as a crime news reporter in queens, new york, in 2004. she joined reuters in beijing in 2008 as a multimedia editor. amy taught journalism at southwestern university of finance and economics in chengdu and started an environment blog, green bullet, before joining scmp in hong kong. she is now an online news editor for scmp. com. amy can be reached at chunxiao.li@scmp.com.

chinese communist party mouthpiece the people's daily meted out harshly worded front-page editorials about internet regulation on friday, thursday and tuesday this week, a move that might signal the party's new campaign to impose further controls on the nation's already heavily censored internet, especially its booming social media community.

in friday's editorial titled 'the internet is safer and more convenient under regulation', the author maintained that 'rumours' and "slanders' like the doomsday tale will cause harm to individuals, society and the country.

'it is the civilians' wish that the chaotic internet be regulated, ' said the editorial.

the editorial further argued that internet regulation will not compromise freedom of speech. instead, it will stimulate civilized communication, promote online business and guarantee a safer environment.

the editorial arrived at the conclusion that 'our life online will be more convenient once our internet management is more scientific, effective and standard. '

in thursday's editorial titled 'internet needs to operate under law', the author claimed: 'while the us drafted computer system laws in 1977, japan has adopted indirect real-name system, and germany also blocks illegal websites. '

another heavy-weight mouthpiece the guangming daily, published by the publicity department of the ccp central committee, ran a front-page editorial on friday titled 'experts call for internet regulation for a healthy and orderly environment'.

on china's micro-blogging service sina weibo, the people's daily's editorial drew angry responses from netizens.

'regulating rumours? but who are the biggest rumour makers in china? ' said one weibo user.

'talking about rule of law, what happened to our constitutional rights of free speech and demonstration? ' said another weibo user.

china's internet is heavily censored by the government. internet users rely on vpns, or virtual private networks, to circumvent firewalls in order to use websites including facebook and twitter.

the chinese government has also blocked access to both the english-language and chinese-language websites of the new york times after it published an investigative report on premier wen jiabao's family wealth in october.

Clandestine782
09-13-13, 19:43
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/new-visa-policies-for-foreigners-now-in-effect-what-you-need-to-know/

New visa policies for foreigners now in effect — what you need to know.

Posted: 09/3/2013 3:43 pm.

Some of the biggest changes to China's visa policy since the 1980s came into effect on Sunday, September 1. The idea behind the changes is apparently to provide more flexibility for foreigners, which is why the number of visa categories has increased from eight to 12.

Furthermore, Shenzhen Daily notes that when China last updated the immigration rules in 1986, there wasn't much consideration that foreigners would move to China and stay forever, let alone bring family along with them. But times have changed.

By the end of 2011, 4.752 foreigners were granted permanent residency in China. This is a minuscule number compared with other countries — and even Hong Kong — yet shows that some laowai really are staying for the longest of hauls. Meanwhile, the number of foreigners entering or leaving China topped 54 million last year, the Shenzhen Daily said. With this kind of traffic, the old visa rules just weren't cutting it.

China Briefing has a good outline of the changes. Among them, three new types of visas are being introduced:

The R Visa — For highly-skilled and in-demand senior executives and high-level talents.

The Q Visa — For overseas Chinese returning for family reunion purposes.

The S Visa — For the families of foreigners who wish to come to China for family reunion purposes.

Below is a list of the other visa categories, from China Briefing:

C Visa.

Applicable to train attendants, air crew members and seamen operating international services, and to their accompanying family members.

D Visa.

Applicable to foreigners who are to reside permanently in China.

F Visa.

Applicable to foreigners who come to China for exchanges, visits and inspections.

G Visa.

Applicable to foreigners who transit through China.

J Visa.

J-1 Visa: Applicable to resident foreign journalists in China (long term stay – more than 180 days)

J-2 Visa: Applicable to foreign journalists who make short trips to China for reporting tasks (short term stay – less than or equal to 180 days)

L Visa.

Applicable to overseas tourists (those traveling with tour groups can be issued a group L Visa)

M Visa.

Applicable to foreigners who come to China for business or commercial activities.

Q Visa.

Q-1 Visa: Applicable to foreigners who apply for entry into China for family reunification with Chinese relatives or foreigners with permanent residency in China, as well as to those who need to visit China for adoption issues (long term stay – more than 180 days)

Q-2 Visa: Applicable to foreigners who come to China for a temporary visit to Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residency in China (short term stay – less than or equal to 180 days)

R Visa.

Applicable to senior-level foreign talents and foreign nationals whose special skills are urgently needed in China.

S Visa.

S-1 Visa: Applicable to spouses, parents, parents-in-law and children under 18 years old of foreigners who stay in China for study or working purposes, and to foreigners who need to reside in China for other personal reasons (long term stay – more than 180 days)

S-2 Visa: Applicable to family members of foreigners who stay in China for study or working purposes, and to foreigners who need to reside in China for other personal reasons (short term stay – less than or equal to 180 days)

X Visa.

X-1 visa is applicable to foreigners who come to China for a long-term study period (more than 180 days)

X-2 visa is applicable to foreigners who come to China for a short-term study period (less than or equal to 180 days)

Z Visa.

Applicable to foreigners who apply to work in China.

As usual, we're quite lucky in this part of the world. Many laowai stationed in more far-flung regions of the country must buy air tickets and fly to Korea, Russia, Japan, or Hong Kong on visa runs. We have the convenience of just popping across the border.

Whichever visa you qualify for, just make sure it's updated and valid.

Fuzimiao
06-10-14, 18:44
Tencent closes 20 million prostitution accounts on WeChat.

By Shen Ke.

June 10,2014, Tuesday.

Online Edition.

China'S Internet giant Tencent has cracked down on about 20 million prostitution-related WeChat accounts in the first half of the year, Xinhua news agency said yesterday.

In an action code named "Thunder Strike," Tencent closed about 20 million accounts that offered prostitution services, and about 30,000 accounts that sold counterfeit products.

MrClen
06-11-14, 18:17
Tencent closes 20 million prostitution accounts on WeChat.

By Shen Ke.

June 10,2014, Tuesday.

Online Edition.

China'S Internet giant Tencent has cracked down on about 20 million prostitution-related WeChat accounts in the first half of the year, Xinhua news agency said yesterday.

In an action code named "Thunder Strike," Tencent closed about 20 million accounts that offered prostitution services, and about 30,000 accounts that sold counterfeit products.I use wechat for business and personal with girls I know in China. Do you have any idea how they pick the ones to close? I have have never seen an account where it says right out, "do you want to fuck?" The girls and I will sometimes refer to future or past fun times, IE: bed, hotel, love making, sex, etc. Is this enough to get shut down? Mrclen.

Fuzimiao
06-12-14, 06:03
I use wechat for business and personal with girls I know in China. Do you have any idea how they pick the ones to close? I have have never seen an account where it says right out, "do you want to fuck?" The girls and I will sometimes refer to future or past fun times, IE: bed, hotel, love making, sex, etc. Is this enough to get shut down? Mrclen.Here in Shanghai, I've only seen one or two blatant ads, but friends in Shenzen and Zhuhai tell me that their look around searches bring up a large proportion of naughty pictures with phone or QQ numbers printed across the photo. These have probably been taken down. The article does mention it happened over six months, so it is an ongoing process.

Ikksman
06-12-14, 08:05
Here in Shanghai, I've only seen one or two blatant ads, but friends in Shenzen and Zhuhai tell me that their look around searches bring up a large proportion of naughty pictures with phone or QQ numbers printed across the photo. These have probably been taken down. The article does mention it happened over six months, so it is an ongoing process.In Shenzhen, it has been more than 12 months since one could find (discover) numerous obvious Wechat accounts of wgs. Even then, the pimps used to create new accounts as soon as the previous one was deleted by Wechat. They even used to display albums of (false) photos of girls.

Currently, it is very rare to find an obvious ad. The attached screenshot is from one account that was briefly posted earlier this year.

Cheers[Photo(s) deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The photos originally included with this report were deleted in accordance with the Forum's Photo Guidelines prohibiting the posting of photos containing embedded text. Please read the Forum's Photo Guidelines (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-forumrules.php#photoguidelines) for further information.

Weelock
07-28-14, 21:18
Help with Visa question.

I currently have a 1 year tourist visa for China that is expiring in a few months. What is the currently price to get a new tourist visa while in China. The 1 yr tourist visa was giving at a Chinese Embassy in the USA and the cost was $140 USD.

I'm a USA citizen and I know each country is different for prices.

I wonder if it's cheaper to get it in Hong Kong or in Macau.

Apple Court
07-29-14, 04:22
Help with Visa question.

I currently have a 1 year tourist visa for China that is expiring in a few months. What is the currently price to get a new tourist visa while in China. The 1 yr tourist visa was giving at a Chinese Embassy in the USA and the cost was $140 USD.

I wonder if it's cheaper to get it in Hong Kong or in Macau.Your tourist visa is usually only good for 60-90 days per stay in China (shows on your visa next to "duration of stay" You need to leave and return to get more time. There is normally a limit to number of entries on an L visa also, 2 is common. That is shown on your visa also. You'll need to see in advance what type of visa you can get in HK.

You can't get a new tourist visa inside China. The PSB will extend for a short period under some circumstances (medical for example).

Mighty Spearsman
07-29-14, 19:11
Help with Visa question.

I wonder if it's cheaper to get it in Hong Kong or in Macau.Since you are a US citizen, your best bet is to check with the nearest US embassy or consulate. That's one of the main reasons why they are there, to provide service to citizens like you.

If you haven't already done so, you should register on line with the USA State Department's STEP Program (web link below) to let them know that you're in China long-term. That way, if the shit ever hits the fan and US citizens have to pack up and leave, the State Department can contact you. And if you have a personal emergency such as losing your passport or getting sick, you'll already be in the system and it will be easier for them to help you.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/step.html

Finally, if you haven't done so already, scan the face page of your passport, save it on a flash drive or on your laptop and also e-mail it to yourself. That way, if you ever do have a lost or stolen passport, you can easily print out a copy of the face page to (a) help you get a new passport more quickly and (b) serve as a temporary ID

Weelock
07-30-14, 04:44
Your tourist visa is usually only good for 60-90 days per stay in China (shows on your visa next to "duration of stay" You need to leave and return to get more time. There is normally a limit to number of entries on an L visa also, 2 is common. That is shown on your visa also. You'll need to see in advance what type of visa you can get in HK.

You can't get a new tourist visa inside China. The PSB will extend for a short period under some circumstances (medical for example).

Actually, I have gotten many tourist visa in the past. Most of the tourist visas were for 1 yr and multi entries. The duration was for 90 days. The cost was 140 USD.

Maybe I didn't explain myself. What I want to do is renew my expiring visa while I am still in China. For example, if my 1 yr visa was expiring Aug 30,2014 and I am currently in China, I want to get another visa.

I guess if I don't get an answer, I have to go the Chinese Embassy. I tried calling but it was constainly busy.

SE Asia Joe
07-30-14, 11:27
Actually, I have gotten many tourist visa in the past. Most of the tourist visas were for 1 yr and multi entries. The duration was for 90 days. The cost was 140 USD.

Maybe I didn't explain myself. What I want to do is renew my expiring visa while I am still in China. For example, if my 1 yr visa was expiring Aug 30,2014 and I am currently in China, I want to get another visa.

I guess if I don't get an answer, I have to go the Chinese Embassy. I tried calling but it was constainly busy.You can not get another visa or even extend the period of your stay (unless its and emergency etc) whilst you're in China.

You can usually get another visa in Hong Hong Kong via the local Foreign Ministry office - http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/ - but please note that such privilege had in the past been suspended at their whim, for any number of reasons and usually without much pre-warning.

SEAJ

Ikksman
07-31-14, 01:21
You can not get another visa or even extend the period of your stay (unless its and emergency etc) whilst you're in China.

You can usually get another visa in Hong Hong Kong via the local Foreign Ministry office - http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/ - but please note that such privilege had in the past been suspended at their whim, for any number of reasons and usually without much pre-warning.

SEAJSome years ago, I obtained new China tourist visas in HK through a travel agency. They provided same day service as long as I delivered passport to them before 10:30 am, and returned to pick up passport about 6:00 pm.

This service was not expensive and totally painless, but I can't remember the cost. I had also used the same travel agent to book flights within China, which was also a painless and troublefree service.

Cheers.

Apple Court
07-31-14, 01:38

I guess if I don't get an answer, I have to go the Chinese Embassy. I tried calling but it was constainly busy.100% sure you can't normally extend in China. Where is there a Chinese Embassy or Consulate inside China?? HK is your best option, but as mentioned previously, rules keep changing, so best to check with a HK travel agent in advance. Try to avoid HK on the weekend, too expensive and packed with mainland shoppers. Please post what you end up with, I'm curious what the current limits are.

Weelock
07-31-14, 01:39
This service was not expensive and totally painless, but I can't remember the cost. I had also used the same travel agent to book flights within China, which was also a painless and troublefree service.

Cheers.Do you remember the name, phone or address of place?

FreebieFan
07-31-14, 01:45
Some years ago, I obtained new China tourist visas in HK through a travel agency. They provided same day service as long as I delivered passport to them before 10:30 am, and returned to pick up passport about 6:00 pm.

Cheers.From my recollection there were many travel agents that did this service previously.

However as of last year the rules had changed yet again and the express service was a minimum of 24 hours, requiring an overnight stay in HK.

2. 5 days for normal service.

Ikksman
07-31-14, 03:50
Do you remember the name, phone or address of place?Irene Wan.

August Moon Tour & Travel Co. Ltd (Licence No. 350372 / IATA no. 13300545).

7/ F, Humphrey Plaza, 4-4 A Humphreys Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

Direct Tel: 3575 9090 Fax: 3553 4837 Mobile: 9039 9428.

E-mail: irene@exotic-holidays.hk.

Note that FF advises that same day turnaround may no longer be possible.

Cheers.

Weelock
08-01-14, 02:33
Irene Wan.

August Moon Tour & Travel Co. Ltd (Licence No. 350372 / IATA no. 13300545).

7/ F, Humphrey Plaza, 4-4 A Humphreys Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

Direct Tel: 3575 9090 Fax: 3553 4837 Mobile: 9039 9428.

E-mail: irene@exotic-holidays.hk.

Note that FF advises that same day turnaround may no longer be possible.

Cheers.Thanks for the reply. If I had to stay over night in HK, I rather stay in Macau for 1-3 days. A 3 star hotel can cost.

About 100 to 180 USD a night in HK. I can get a new visa in Macau? Thanks.

SE Asia Joe
08-01-14, 02:47
Thanks for the reply. If I had to stay over night in HK, I rather stay in Macau for 1-3 days. A 3 star hotel can cost.

About 100 to 180 USD a night in HK. I can get a new visa in Macau? Thanks.You can stay in a Hong Kong guest house for as little as hk $250 a night.

SEAJ

Ikksman
08-01-14, 02:47
Thanks for the reply. If I had to stay over night in HK, I rather stay in Macau for 1-3 days. A 3 star hotel can cost.

About 100 to 180 USD a night in HK. I can get a new visa in Macau? Thanks.Sorry, I have no idea about Macau.

Mua Tur
08-01-14, 04:24

About 100 to 180 USD a night in HK. I can get a new visa in Macau? Thanks.It is not first hand experience. Some peoples connecting with me (specially living in Gunagzhou) getting their visas from Macau, in regular basis. Not sure about the paying amount.

Mmlouie
08-01-14, 16:29
You can stay in a Hong Kong guest house for as little as hk $250 a night.

SEAJReally, where?

Mmlouie.

SE Asia Joe
08-01-14, 17:55
Really, where?

Mmlouie.Ever since all these Mainlanders started coming to Hong Kong in droves, guest houses have proliferated all over the place.

Mostly close to where these PRC visitors go to I. E. Mongkok, Causeway bay, Tsimshatsui, Wanchai etc.

My friend stayed at one in Mirador Mansion last night at HK 280 whilst another stayed last month at one in Chung King Mansion for $250 - both in Tsimshatsui.

Google for these guest houses. Tons will appear.

SEAJ

Mmlouie
08-02-14, 04:56
Mirador Mansion last night at HK 280

SEAJThe last time I stayed at one of those places in Tsimshatsui, they charged me $500. Just a room with tv, bathroom and toilet, so small and feels like a jail cell.

Mmlouie.

SE Asia Joe
08-05-14, 11:09
The last time I stayed at one of those places in Tsimshatsui, they charged me $500. Just a room with tv, bathroom and toilet, so small and feels like a jail cell.

Mmlouie.LOL. Probably even smaller than a jail cell, and for sure less secure!

But what the heck. It's only to sleep in.

Save your money for the hotels in China. Nice luxurious rooms at a fraction of the cost of Hong Kong hotels.

SEAJ

Mmlouie
08-05-14, 20:29
LOL. Probably even smaller than a jail cell, and for sure less secure!

I know, is not the same anymore. You used to be able to get a 4 star hotel for less than 60 $ a night, now you cannot even touch it for less than 200 $.

Mmlouie.

Ikksman
08-05-14, 23:20
Ever since all these Mainlanders started coming to Hong Kong in droves, guest houses have proliferated all over the place.

Mostly close to where these PRC visitors go to I. E. Mongkok, Causeway bay, Tsimshatsui, Wanchai etc.

My friend stayed at one in Mirador Mansion last night at HK 280 whilst another stayed last month at one in Chung King Mansion for $250 - both in Tsimshatsui.

Google for these guest houses. Tons will appear.

SEAJI don't think that many westerners, who are not backpackers, would be happy staying in either Chungking or Mirador Mansions, especially Chungking. Whenever I see Chungking Mansions I am immediately reminded of the old Walled City in Kowloon, except that there are few Chinese faces among the residents there (most seem to be African, Indian, etc).

Seriously though, my biggest gripe about HK hotels is that the prices (of centrally located hotels) rise dramatically whenever there is a major conference or exhibition in town. And this seems to be nearly every week. There are some reasonably priced boutique hotels in HK, but they are usually fully booked weeks in advance.

I sometimes stay at Traders (a Shangri-La brand?), which is very reasonably priced for a HKI hotel. Their prices don't fluctuate as much as a lot of other places. If you book ahead, USD110 + taxes is still possible.

If I need to stay in HK on a budget, I would pick one of the hotels in the New Territories. There are some quality 4 star places that are quite reasonably priced, but a bit of a nuisance to get to Central. Check on Tripadvisor dot com.

And the other thing is to book ahead to get the best possible prices!

Chungking Mansions? No thanks! I see the place whenever I visit my tailor (Ash Samtani, expensive but good) and have actually played in there once with 2 WGs. But never again!

Cheers.

Night Cat
09-18-14, 08:44
The last time I stayed at one of those places in Tsimshatsui, they charged me $500. Just a room with tv, bathroom and toilet, so small and feels like a jail cell.

Mmlouie.Maybe they charged you the "foreigner rate". I stayed in one of those tiny rooms for HKD 400 or 500, with window (they also offered a windowless room for around HKD 300). Later, I heard that they charge Mainlanders a lower rate.

That was on Granville Road in TST. It felt a lot more sane (less chaotic) than Chungking Mansions. I have phone numbers for that guesthouse and a few others in the same building. PM me for more info.

Night Cat
09-18-14, 09:08
One of the things I've always liked in China are the Chinese-style spa-saunas, the kind where you put all your clothes in a locker, do the shower, sauna, hot pools, body scrub, then put on pajamas and hang out in the lounge (watch TV, get a foot massage, etc). Many of them even have a buffet, and you can stay there all day, overnight, or whatever. Of course, I like the ones with FS, but I also go to the "normal" ones.

Anyone know if this is common in any other countries? I suppose Korea and Japan have them, but I'm wondering where to find them in Southeast Asia. If they have Mandarin-speaking Chinese staff, and FS, that's a plus (as I not only like the saunas, I also have a Mandarin-speaking girl fetish). I'm aware of the ones in HK and Macau, but the Macau ones are expensive, and the HK ones are often sparse (no hot pools, no buffet, no body scrub).

Aiii2
04-06-15, 19:00
I have have never seen an account where it says right out, "do you want to fuck?" I have found and been added around 10 girls (surely pimps) that was obvious in what kind of business they where in. I have never found pictures of naked women but always found a few pictures (low resolution) of a girl in sexy clothes. Also if you see a phone number printed across a picture like someone mentioned it is probably 99% related to sex business.

In most cases they also to my surprise quoted prices and a list of services after adding them. They never ask if you want to fuck but they ask if you need "sister door-to-door service".

My experience comes from these last few months here in Shenzhen.

Member #4495
04-16-15, 10:50
LOL how can they enforce?

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1113153/chinas-bloggers-must-use-real-names-under-proposed-law?1356599701

Pushkin13
06-30-15, 06:03
http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/i-was-thinking-with-my-penis-chinese-sex-scam-hits-australian-national-university/story-fnagkbpv-1227395767999

This article refers to a Canberra (Australia) punter who was scammed out of hundreds of Australian dollars.

Does it happen in China? .

Probably better to ask is the Pope a Catholic?

Moral of the story, don't pay before you play.

Just my experience.

P13.

Ikksman
11-23-15, 13:06
Many foreigners aren't aware that China has, until very recently, a weird way of blocking toilet drain smells. One needs to add water every few weeks into the drain holes on the bathroom floor. This is captured in a half torus ring shaped device, blocking the smells underneath, but evaporates quickly during warm weather. Additionally, they rust away every few years being made from very cheap, very thin metal. But they are easy to replace

The first time this happened to me, my GFs (from Hunan of course) didn't know the answer, and I eventually had to ask a business colleague, who instantly knew the problem!

In the next apartment I had, the owner had done minor renovations in the kitchen and bricked in the main water tap behind a wall! Of course illegal and very handy if a rubber water seal failed elsewhere in the apartment, causing a flood which could only be stopped by turning off the water to the entire 26 floor building. The management guys said they would refuse to turn off the water to the entire building and the apartment owner refused me permission to smash through the wall to get to the apartment tap. So I developed a disaster management plan to use towels to channel the water to the two balconies. Contingency plans for everything - even getting out of the country quickly if necessary.

Ikks

ABCinLA
05-15-16, 22:02
http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/i-was-thinking-with-my-penis-chinese-sex-scam-hits-australian-national-university/story-fnagkbpv-1227395767999

This article refers to a Canberra (Australia) punter who was scammed out of hundreds of Australian dollars.

Does it happen in China? .

Probably better to ask is the Pope a Catholic?

Moral of the story, don't pay before you play.

Just my experience.

P13.The Wechat scam in which the guy or girl gets you to prepay for a stored value card is a worldwide issue. A very very well known monger got taken for the equivalent of $100 US in Japan and its extremely prevalent in Southern California or all across North America where Itunes prepaid cards are a big deal.

Weelock
09-10-17, 06:47
Help with selecting an app that translate Mandarin to English and English to Mandarin. I have been using google translation for a while. It.

Really does a terrible job but It is free. It is only about 60% accurate. Can someone suggest an app to translate Chinese to English to buy for Android phone.

Also does Apple have an app for translation since I might switch in the future. Thanks.

HorneeFalang
09-10-17, 07:21
One of the things I've always liked in China are the Chinese-style spa-saunas, the kind where you put all your clothes in a locker, do the shower, sauna, hot pools, body scrub, then put on pajamas and hang out in the lounge (watch TV, get a foot massage, etc). Many of them even have a buffet, and you can stay there all day, overnight, or whatever. Of course, I like the ones with FS, but I also go to the "normal" ones.

Anyone know if this is common in any other countries? I suppose Korea and Japan have them, but I'm wondering where to find them in Southeast Asia. If they have Mandarin-speaking Chinese staff, and FS, that's a plus (as I not only like the saunas, I also have a Mandarin-speaking girl fetish). I'm aware of the ones in HK and Macau, but the Macau ones are expensive, and the HK ones are often sparse (no hot pools, no buffet, no body scrub).Singapore has theses type of establishments.

Ikksman
09-10-17, 10:10
Help with selecting an app that translate Mandarin to English and English to Mandarin. I have been using google translation for a while. It.
Really does a terrible job but It is free. It is only about 60% accurate. Can someone suggest an app to translate Chinese to English to buy for Android phone.
Also does Apple have an app for translation since I might switch in the future. Thanks.Baidu Translate is highly recommended!

Jibbigo used to be the best, but I don't know what has happened to it since Facebook Fuckerberg bought the company.

Are you back in Shenzhen?

Ikks.

Weelock
09-12-17, 00:39
Baidu Translate is highly recommended!

Jibbigo used to be the best, but I don't know what has happened to it since Facebook Fuckerberg bought the company.

Are you back in Shenzhen?

Ikks.Do I know you? Have we met before? You have over 900 post so it's a good possibility.
If we met before, send me a PM so that I can further communicate with you.

Thanks.

Also thanks for the suggestion.

Dinotrex
09-12-17, 05:46
Does anyone have any recommendations to a website that like Google Maps for SZ? With Street Views? I think Baidu has something similar but that's all in Chinese I think. Any suggestions?

Blanquiceleste
09-12-17, 06:21
Singapore has theses type of establishments.Pray tell, where exactly in Singapore would I find such places? Price no object.

Ikksman
09-13-17, 01:29
Does anyone have any recommendations to a website that like Google Maps for SZ? With Street Views? I think Baidu has something similar but that's all in Chinese I think. Any suggestions?Baidu has excellent up to date street views, but you correct that it is only in Chinese, but not that hard to learn. I have not tried, but check out AutoNavi (recently acquired by Alibaba). It may have English. Baidu and Alibaba are fighting toe to toe for the China mapping market.

A few years ago, a friend had an iPhone that had English mapping with street view. I think Apple did a deal with Baidu for China maps and had an English translation. I am not an Apple user and only going from memory.

Ikks.

Jude Bright
09-13-17, 03:49
Baidu has excellent up to date street views, but you correct that it is only in Chinese, but not that hard to learn. I have not tried, but check out AutoNavi (recently acquired by Alibaba). It may have English. Baidu and Alibaba are fighting toe to toe for the China mapping market.

A few years ago, a friend had an iPhone that had English mapping with street view. I think Apple did a deal with Baidu for China maps and had an English translation. I am not an Apple user and only going from memory.

Ikks.Gaode map is the most popular GPS system in China and I have used it on my Iphone in several cities recently including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, etc. You can download offline map to you phone and used it where there no wifi. It only used very little data. Very useful.

Jb.

Ikksman
09-13-17, 03:58
Gaode map is the most popular GPS system in China and I have used it on my Iphone in several cities recently including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, etc. You can download offline map to you phone and used it where there no wifi. It only used very little data. Very useful.
Jb.I think Gaode Maps and AutoNavi Maps are the same product? I will download on Android and see if English language supported.

Ikks.

Dinotrex
09-14-17, 04:13
Thanks everyone.

I think Gaode Maps and AutoNavi Maps are the same product? I will download on Android and see if English language supported.

Ikks.

Ikksman
09-14-17, 10:39
I think Gaode Maps and AutoNavi Maps are the same product? I will download on Android and see if English language supported.
Ikks.Amap (previously known as Gaode / Autonavi) does not appear to support English on Android. I cannot find any Android apps that support English (apart from Google which is out of date and deliberately crippled by the government).

Ikks.

Dinotrex
09-15-17, 06:35
Hence, this is why checking out alleys can be hard to find. Just going off the forum with no map can be hard to navigate in a country where you can't read chinese.

Amap (previously known as Gaode / Autonavi) does not appear to support English on Android. I cannot find any Android apps that support English (apart from Google which is out of date and deliberately crippled by the government).

Ikks.

ErnestCulpX
09-19-17, 08:10
Hi,

I spent a couple of years living in China due to work and it was an unforgettable experience. I've always been really attracted to Asians and although it was complicated to find good services I remember I had good experiences at various brothels in the capital. Although it's been a long time since and I don't know what's it like nowadays. What do you think?

DehaanKroxxx
09-19-17, 11:36
I'm totally clueless. How is the issue of escorts in China and how can one find legal places to be able to do it?

MoonCat1
09-20-17, 04:27
I don't think you'll find legal opportunities. And we've all read what's going on in other areas. So agencies worry me at the moment, streetwalking is not my thing. But I do know of a couple great active independents, PM if you'd like details. Good luck out there!

I'm totally clueless. How is the issue of escorts in China and how can one find legal places to be able to do it?

DoubleHappy
11-12-17, 17:09
I'm totally clueless. How is the issue of escorts in China and how can one find legal places to be able to do it?Engels said, "escort is a supplement to monogamy. "

It will never die out.

DoubleHappy
11-21-17, 14:56
Since 2014 all that has changed. It began with a crackdown on brothels and saunas in China's sex capital, Dongguan. Many observers assumed that this crackdown would be like many others, and after laying low for a few months, the brothels and saunas would reopen and things would be back to normal. But that never happened. It's been three years since the big crackdown now, and there is no sign that things will ever go back to normal. The crackdown has spread from Dongguan to every city in China large and small. All the old barbershop brothels are closed down permanently. All the old sex saunas are also closed down permanently.

Sexual services are still available in China today, but they are more expensive and harder to find than before.

AlphaPunk2
12-11-17, 14:35
Does anyone know where I can buy a SIM card from China unicom while still outside of China? I have checked out lvycom's offerings on amazon but the price is too high, their best is 75 USD for 6 GB of 4 g data and 50 minutes of talk time. I'd like to have everything prepared and ready to use on arrival for a cheaper price, that's why I'm asking.

My requirements are.

1. 8 GB of 4 g data and 100 minutes of talk time.

2. Compatible with iphone 7 (China unicom).

3. Cheaper than 75 USD.

I will be having a short layover in Hong Kong, I do not know if I could obtain any there before my connecting flight to Shanghai but if it's possible please tell me.

Ace Gallant
01-31-22, 01:37
There are scam everywhere and China been one of the bigger country with highly populated cities, definitely there will be lots of scams.

Ground rules:

1) Negotiate the price for services before moving on to the next step. In the country the word "Trust" does not exisit.

2) Do not part your money before you received your goods (Services).

3) You get bad services, don't complain or make a big Ho Ha about it. Get her to leave or you leave the place of service, post in this forum to warn your fellow mongers later.

Enjoy!

AG.