PDA

View Full Version : Living in Mexico

Admin
02-22-04, 23:53
Please select "Add New Section" to begin this section.

ElPasoGentleman
03-09-04, 04:25
I'm thinking about relocating to central Mexico. Perhaps in Irapuato or San Miguel Allende. I know there is reasonable housing and I'd like to rent something in a nice Mexican barrio. Any input on the entire aspect of living in these areas? Thank you.

EPG

Mill Just
03-23-04, 06:58
El Paso...

Living in Mexico is a very pleasant experience, but there are a few things that I wish somebody had told me.

First, the smaller the town, the longer it will take for you to be accepted. There is no animosity toward us Gringos- It's just the opposite. Many people were intimidated by me when I moved here and it took at least 6 months before I began to be invited to parties and trusted in general. My friends told me that they thought of Americans as aggressive and arrogant, so they stayed away until they learned that their stereotype wasn't true. Mexican people are generally polite and they will speak to you in a friendly manner, but they won't let you close to them until you prove yourself to be trustworthy.

Second, Mexican Pesos are very easy to spend. Keep a close watch on your money and stick to a budget. The important things (i.e. rent, food, household items) are reasonable, but everybody will try to nickle and dime you on everything and before you know it you'd spend 500 pesos on something when you only wanted to spend 200.

Third, the Mexican women will treat you good in Mexico and you'll never be alone unless you choose to be. This sounds like a positive thing, but it can really be trying. It's almost as though you are a famous person and you can never be sure who REALLY likes you and who is just with you for money, their papers or any other reason.

The theme of "Living in Mexico" is huge, so let me know if there is something specific that you'd like to know about your future move...

Roddd
03-23-04, 23:22
Good post Miller2K. I have never lived in Mexico, but after doing some interesting reading lately, I am more interested in doing some travelling there. The reading I speak of is at http://www.strikingviking.net . Click on the link 'Enter the adventure site'. Some pretty good stuff here, from a large gringo travelling around, deep in Mexico on his motorcycle, and seeming to make friends, and loving the country the more he sees of it.

Miller, also, if you don't mind, do you still live there? One more thing, feel free to tell us anything else about the women of Mexico. I'd love to hear it, and I'm sure others would also. And I do mean anything. Thanks!

Roddd

Mill Just
03-25-04, 07:08
Thanks for the kind words, Rodd. Yes, I'm still living in Mexico and I'm still loving it. I never regret for a moment leaving corporate America.

The women are really incredible. They are very reserved at first, but they will eventually open up and get very horny very fast. It's almost like the girls that went to Catholic school: They were so guarded and conservative that they went hog wild the first chance they got. Once you get in good, even the most religious girl will be having sex with you everyday...you just need to know how to keep a secret (There's a saying here that goes: A gentleman has no memory). With my current girlfriend I went from holding hands to marathon sex in a hotel room in about a month.

There's just something about the anatomy of the Latina...Their pussies are just so hot that you "finish" a lot faster than normal unless you concentrate. White women just can't compare. Even with a condom on, it feels like they have a furnace down there. Even the "working girls" in Mexico feel better than their American counterparts.

The only bad thing is that it's very hard to get oral sex from a Mexican woman. Even the SWs aren't too willing to give a bj. I brought a few packs of flavored condoms from the USA and that seemed to help a bit, but most are still reluctant to go down on a guy.

OK, so I was a bit more graphic than usual in this post, but I just love Mexican women and Latinas in general...I think that after this post I'l be giving my girlfriend a booty call...haha

take care and have fun...

Roddd
03-25-04, 23:49
Miller,

since we're on the subject (women), I have another question, somewhat related to your last post.

You say most Mexican women are reluctant to go down on a guy. In your experience, how receptive are they to DATY? And the ones who are, do they seem to accept it just to please the guy, or do they really get into it?

If you would rather discuss this by way of PM, please feel free. Otherwise, right here is fine with me.

Thanks!

Roddd

Bend It
03-26-04, 04:41
Rodd and Miller --

Great posts. Thanks for the web site, Rodd, it was great reading.

Miller, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear some of your story. It just seems so extraordinary to move to another country, how did you do it (financially, professionally, family-wise)? I'm fascinated and would like to hear more.

Thanks,

Bend It

RearWindow
03-28-04, 16:02
Roddd,

To this point, I have only found one Latina who really let me DATY. And she did enjoy it. IMHO, for Latinas, that might be THE most intimate of sexual expressions, and seems to be reserved only for that special lover. ( barring anal,which seems to never happen). Que Lastima.

Prokofiev
03-28-04, 16:50
"The only bad thing is that it's very hard to get oral sex from a Mexican woman. Even the SWs aren't too willing to give a bj."

Miller, This has a lot to do with where you are living. For some reason the SWs of Morelia and Michoacan have a pact against providing BJs. Either BBBJ or CBJ. Maybe they have a Union? Who knows. While I have found several ladies more than willing in this regard in Morelia, I have been refused by many, many more.

But in other areas . . . especially Guadalajara but also Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca etc this is not a problem.

Mill Just
03-29-04, 07:34
Howdy...

Bend It...I was working for a fortune 500 company in the research/market studies dept. and one day I was working late on a completely boring and pointless project. I had the begginings of an ulcer and I wasn't yet 30 years old. I decided that night to get out and start to have fun with my life in a place where I wouldn't have to kill myself to make a decent living. I cashed out my 401K and my bank account and, after 2 weeks notice, I moved to Mexico. I had the advantage of having a step-father who had a never-used house in a small town in Mexico (He inherited it from an uncle). When I got to Mexico I dedicated 3 or 4 months to studying and learning the language since I knew maybe 20 words of Spanish while I lived in the USA. I studied for hours a day until I was good enough to speak a little. (Now, I consider myself fairly fluent). Then, I printed up some flyers advertising English classes from a "Norte Americano." I started with 2 students, but the word spread and now I have more work than I can handle and I have a 6 month waiting list for future students. I invented a technique for teaching English for which I'm currently seeking a patent. It's such an obvious technique that I can't believe nobody used it before...That's why I'm doing some research right now to see if something similar has already been used and registered. Well, anyway, moving to Mexico was the best decision of my life and I couldn't be happier. I wouldn't recommend it to everybody, but I like to live my life without a safety net and I don't mind living without some of the creature comforts that I had in the US.

Rodd...I love to DATY myself and I've done it to every intimate girlfriend that I've had. They are a little shy at first, but they really get off on it eventually. For some reason, the most reluctant women in regards to receiving oral sex have been "working girls". I've never had a big problem here with convincing a non-pro woman to let me go down on her. But, of course, maybe I just got lucky a few times.

Rear Window: Anal sex does happen a lot more than reported in Mexico. Anal is not really my thing, but I've been with a couple of girls that were very receptive /curious about the idea. Of course, I think it all depends on how intimate you are. A mexican girl who feels secure with you will be willing to do almost anything unless she's a "princess" and feels above all that "Sex" stuff---I've met a couple like that where you have to wait a long time just to get a hand job. And even then, she'll look away with an attitude like "I can't believe I'm doing this disgusting thing".

Proko...good to hear from you. I finaly found out the reason why most SW's in Morelia don't do oral. One girl, who I clicked with and eat dinner with on occasion, told me that sex workers come to see them every so often and they harp on them to avoid oral sex because of a greater perceived risk to catch a disease. Also, she told me that many of the men that come to see the SW's are not too clean and going down on a dirty guy makes them sick. It's very possible that there is a cultural aspect to this as well. They may regard oral sex as degrading. Morelia is a big city with 1.5 million people, but unlike most big Mexican cities, it has held on to many traditional ways of thinking. That's what makes the city so endearing to me, although it cuts down the amount of head I get (and I like to get a lot)

Well...It's good to chat with y'all and I look forward to hearing from you again...

Take care and have fun!

RearWindow
03-29-04, 23:13
Miller2k,

Good for you and your decision. I made a major change in my career 12 years ago, and have never regretted it, as it gave me mas freedom, and a lot more sanity, but initially much less money.

And now, I'm looking to move as close to, if not into, Mexico as I can, but trying to keep my financial arrangements. I vacation in DR a few weeks a year,and love it, but it doesn't have the visceral attraction that MX has over me.

I am curious about anal sex, having a few lovers who started to seem interested, but have not tried it yet. DATY is my favorite non-fucking activity, and I have had to gradually work on my mexicanas to go for it. And it has not been easy. The old saying, "the joy of the hunt is often better than the thrill of the kill" certainly may be at work here.

Roddd
03-30-04, 00:32
Miller2k,

thank you for the write up and all the good information. You really do sound like 'the happiest man alive'. You have done what many have longed to, but few, I'm sure, actually have.
Take care.

Roddd

ElPasoGentleman
03-31-04, 07:21
Oye Miller2K

Hey, thanks for the reply to my post of several weeks ago. I've been off this board and need to catch up. In a nutshell, I plan to relocate first to Juarez for several months - don't know for how long, and then relocate further south into central Mexico. I visit Juarez every weekend and would probably never consider living there. It's just too dirty, mucho traffic, etc.

Now I have a Mexican national girlfriend - she's half my age, so I must be the second happiest man in the world. I honestly met her "working" in a bar in el central nearly two years ago. She has 4 daughters, ages 6-14 and I can say they are extraordinary, to say the least. I've never met such happy and gregarious girls even though my novia is rather quiet. The girls are beautiful in every way. They love me dearly. My novia, of course, loves me deeply. Things are difficult on the financial front - but other than that, things are real peachy. I've gotten more love in 30 minutes (love, not just sex) than I did in 23 years of marriage - some was my fault without a doubt. But we all like to bash the X.

I plan to get certified to teach English as a foreign language in central Mexico. I'm researching everything on the Internet and talking with anyone who will listen to me.

I'm a CPA by profession with a real bent on entrepreneurial matters (that's part of the reason why I'm broke). But I'll take early retirement in 6 months and hopefully do some teaching to supplement things. I'm so tired of cooking for myself and washing clothes. I'm not looking for slaves but after 2 years visiting my novia every weekend, they still treat me like a King.

I have not read you last post, but will copy it and read it later tonight. As mentioned above, I'm researching everything about living in Mexico and am putting together my own personal "Mexico Manual". It will cover everything from frioles to buckshot (that's supposed to be "beans to buckshot"). Hopefully, I can make this manual available gratis to others but there is plenty of info on the Internet - sources far more knowledgeable than me.

Insofar as going down on a guy - before I met my novia, I had several gals in el centro who put their tongue to work with no qualms. I explained to the one that I was "old" and needed some real stimulation for about 30-40 minutes. Okay, no problem, she said. It seemed a $100 peso tip is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to learning more.

Duesy45
03-31-04, 15:40
ElPaso Gentleman,

I am planning on moving to Mexico sometime next year. Like you, I have also been doing a lot of research. Miller2K has provided us with a great deal of information. I appreciate his input and advice.

You may want to consider the following: view a web-site called mexconnect.com. They provide a lot of information (without having to join)-just review some of their articles. I have also read a couple of really good and informative books about relocating to Mexico. They are 'The People's Guide to Mexico' by Carl Franz and 'Head for Mexico- The Renegade Guide' by Don Adams. You can preview the ' Head for Mexico' book on www.headformexico.com. I purchased the 'Peoples Guide' from Amazon. They are really invaluable books.

I am also doing some research on teaching English in Mexico and would be most interested in what your plans are for getting certified.

Mexico is a very large and beautiful place with extremely enjoyable people. Unfortunately I can't visit all of it prior to moving there. I expect to locate in the central highlands or possibly in one of the smaller towns on the southern central east coast.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to share any other information.

PeterPaul
04-01-04, 00:11
Hi all,

Great posts, Miller, not just now but always. The graphic fare is great too, its what were here about, after all.

Hey Prokofiev,

Tell us all about your experiences in Oaxaca, where they pros?

I wanted to comment on BJ's, anal and DATY in my Mexican experience. The thing is, I'm mostly used to daytime SW's, which may be pro or semi-pro. They are usually girls from around the country (in Mexico City) and from small towns when I find them in provincial cities. Culturally, they are usually Indian or mestizo.

Consider a standard that in all cases I never unduly press the girls for anything and that I give them the royal treatment as much as possible. When a SW sets a limitation at the start I always accept it, except partial nudity. I have always demanded full nudity from the start, but nothing else.

Among SW's I would say that are representative of the population at large (i.e., unsophisticated, poor, Indian or urban low economic level):
30% do bbbj (without CIM) at first go; 60% afterwards

Maybe 5% do BBBJ with CIM at first go; 10% afterwards

25% do anal at first go (although I dont always ask, maybe more; this goes for the ones I've asked); 60% afterwards

Maybe 60% do DATY at first go; 90% afterwards

Of course, I dont negotiate this at first go. I always say yes to everything and usually I insist on specialties AFTER a good fuck -then they are relaxed and feel more aroused. If you plan on a repeat, be it the same day or the following month, its good strategy to request your oral or anal for the next session. It ALWAYS works if they say yes. Sometimes they even offer to do next time what they refused to do!

The exception is DATY. If I want to have it, I just go for it without asking -there is usually little resistance.

Among Indian women, say in Oaxaca or in central region, there is sometimes an unmovable refusal to doing any kind of BJ. Even when anal is readily permitted! The BJ may be seen as demeaning, or more usually, nauseating. Sometimes I've been told by young mothers that it has to do with kissing their children with a dirty mouth!
Of course, they are full exceptions to all these general findings.

PP

ElPasoGentleman
04-01-04, 06:36
Miller2K - thanks for the long post you had. I was very intrigued that I posted a note to you prior to reading your last one and your last post really hit some hotspots - like teaching English in Mexico and your new invention. You might have really something going with your program. Keep me posted. I'm finding a wide variety of schools that teach TEFL, TESOL, ESL - however, you want to say it. The prices range from $399 to $4000. The higher priced ones are like at the Univ. of Calif. - where I believe you would be paying for the reputation more than anything. Maybe, maybe not. And the classes are several months long - not 6 weeks or so.

Can you actually get a patent on your work or do you mean copyright? I'm second guessing that you know your stuff coming from a marketing research backgroung. Protection on creative works is a great deal of marketing, I suppose. Anyway, I love to hear stories like yours and always wish the best of success to the smaller players in the field. Again, keep me posted.

Duesy45 - thanks for the repl. Yes, I am familiar with most of the resources you indicated. I go on the Internet and to Barnes & Noble and browse for hours. After several weeks or months, I buy the best book that relates to my interests. Maybe I buy it out of guilt - I don't know.
I ran across a service in Boulder Colorado that teaches students how to teach English over the Internet. They have a "Teaching Business English" as well which would be right down my alley. And they are affordable. I spoke for nearly 30 minutes with one of the administrators and was impressed. But I think I would need to get my TEFL certification first.

I currently do telephone and Internet training for individuals for a business startup. I make about $75 per hour NET and over $125 per hour gross. I have done quite a lot of newspaper advertising but I'd like to migrate to 95% Internet advertising. The banner ads are expensive, however, but if you find a good website with good traffic, hopefully, an Internet business will grow and grow if you satisfy a need and provide good value.

I found a website that ranks every website for traffic. It's the slickest thing I've seen since the invention of fire. The website is a peach when trying to decide relative value in websites that offer banner advertising. I mention all this because, hopefully, this info will be of benefit to someone. Let's keep in touch and I hope to hear back from Miller2K.

Mill Just
04-04-04, 07:13
Hi El Paso, Duesy, PeterPaul...

It's great to hear from you and its great to know that y'all are really doing your homework. Maybe I could've been even happier if I had done some investigations like you (I just had a real problem with doing research after I had spent a few years killing myself with research).

El Paso, actually the "patent" part comes from a certain type of slide-rule, interactive grammar guide that I put together. The technique and text books need a copyright, of course. I'm also thinking of putting together an institute and I just might be giving you guys a call when I'm looking for employees...:)

(By the way El Paso, you've come to the realization that I came to a couple of years ago: You've never been loved until you've been loved by a Mexicana. Someties I feel guilty about being treated with such great care.)

PeterPaul, your analysis is incredibly accurate. Your chances of getting what you want are more than doubled after you establish a decent relationship with the girls. (That's why it's so important to be a good guy and treat the girls with respect...They are prostitutes, but they also need to be treated like ladies.) This fact can only lead one to believe that their reluctance to do certain things comes more from a natural sense of shyness than religious and/or moral reasons. One thing to know about Mexicans, is that they tend to be more reserved and slow to change their routines (Of course, I don't mean to say that ALL Mexicans are like this, but I've observed this in the majority of the people I've encountered. ) . I think that, when it comes to anything in Mexico, once you establish yourself as a good guy, then Mexicans accept you with open arms.

If you want more info on the day to day costs of living in Mexico, I made a list in a previous post, but I don't remember in which section I posted it. And, of course, If you want to know anything specific, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions...

Take care and have fun...

ElPasoGentleman
04-18-04, 19:11
Question: how does one move small household and personal items for 6 people from Juarez to central Mexico? I've been using U-Haul for so many years and now I'm at a quagmire for a solution. I'm sure U-Haul doesn't operate in Mexico.

We are not talking about furniture - just necessary clothing, books, computer printers, other smaller personal items. It's a 1,000 mile trek - so it's not like you can make multiple trips using the car.

Any help?

EPG

ElPasoGentleman
04-18-04, 19:39
Miller2K - how is your patent progressing? Just recently I've decided to start a patent for a concept that I think will be successful. It's so simple. There is a big need for it. Others are looking to traditional ways for a solution - there is none and may never be.

I've started searching the Internet on the entire patent process. I have an attorney in Houston who may help on a contingent basis if he likes the idea. But the patent process for the most part is cut and dried. Often it is a do-it-yourselfer if you have the time.

The biggest problem lies in finding a buyer or someone who will help you do the testing, mock-up, design, manufacturing, marketing, distribution, etc. The most simple solution is to sell the licensing rights. Or do an assignment for a lump sum. But to negotiate on your own is tricky, I guess.

I understand the reply from the PTO may take up to 1 year. So one has to be patient.

At any rate, good luck.

Samus Aran
12-19-04, 16:44
Fellas,

I normally post in the Thailand section as that is where I live. I am interested in getting out of this place that I have called home for 7 years. It stime to move closer to the USA and my family. I have several questions to ask.

1. In moving to any oft eh cities in Mexico ie mazatlan... How far would you say $3,000 per month would go? This is interest of a very large sum of money. Assuming I rent a nice place. I am not into the mongering scene as that holds no appeal for me anymore after living in the biggest brothel in the world Bangkok.

2. As far as quality of life, ie.. gyms, swimming pools, golf, yoga, movies, shopping, expat community... which of the mexican cities would you recommend?

Your response would be greatly appreciated as well as any recommendations.

Samus Aran

Mill Just
12-23-04, 07:49
Samus Aran,

Welcome to Mexico! 3thousand per month is a good deal of money here. I've been living in Mexico for over 4 years and I can honestly say it was the best decision I ever made. I make about $1600 US per month and I believe that I live a good, upper middle-class lifestyle with a Satelite Dish, Internet, Cel phone and frequent trips (as well as the mongering!). I have a pretty simple lifestyle, though, and could get by on even less if necessary.

San Miguel de Allende in the state of Guanajuato has a large ex-pat community. The city also strikes a balance between big city life (i.e. fully modern malls, golf courses, movie theatres, etc.) and small town life (its very safe and the cost of living is low).

That's what I think would be the best bet for you based on your needs and wants.

I hope this helped.

Miller2k

DreamingEagle
01-02-05, 19:29
I found a website that ranks every website for traffic. It's the slickest thing I've seen since the invention of fire. The website is a peach when trying to decide relative value in websites that offer banner advertising...

El Paso, would you mind sharing the URL of that site? Surely you are not talking about Alexa.com, though. One person with the Alexa tool bar can drive that rating to an unrealistically high level. Check out www.worldcountries.info. It was in the top 100,000 sites before the world ever saw it, just because of me visiting for development, which really showed me the Alexa rating is meaningless. If it's not Alexa, I'd sure like to know about it.

GettingTang
04-16-05, 06:42
It's becoming less safe for Americans to reside in Mexico. Now with the border mess going on, there is bound to be some serious resentment among Mexicans. Probably not a great time to think about residing in Mexico, epecially if your a blonde Americano.

Tang~!

Pecker Will
06-12-05, 17:28
I've lived in El Paso for over 3 years and travel almost every weekend and sometimes more often into Juarez even to the southside of Juarez. My girlfriend's family have absorbed me like their own. The only thing I really worry about is the traffic and crazy drivers - the crazy drivers are in every large metro area but the bad streets and lack of lights and signs make J town espeically hazardous.

With my silver hair, I don't worry about things. I don't do stupid things, but I don'g worry about things. I'm always aware of my surroundings but I do not move about in fear. I just tell my friends that I try to blend in.

What specific problems for gringos are you both addressing? Are the problems drug-related or more general in nature? I realize some innocents can get caught up in a cross fire. But with 30,000 cars moving across the bridge in Laredo every day, what is the probability that any one of these cars are in for trouble?

Newspaper headlines can be devasting and overreaction can be the result. What is the reality for the entire populace and what are the probabilities of having serious trouble?

We peoples of the world all have our appointed time for departing this life. We never know when or how it will occur. But life goes on and with this knowledge, it bodes one well to live life to its fullest despite the bleak ending.

PW

On The Go
06-13-05, 00:07
I am relocating to Puerto Vallarta next week and I am looking for the best way to be able to call back to the United States. Any help anyone can provide me will be greatly appreciated. [Email Address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending removal of email addresses in the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system to exchange this information. Thanks!

Heyzeus
06-13-05, 13:18
[QUOTE=On The Go]I am relocating to Puerto Vallarta next week and I am looking for the best way to be able to call back to the United States. Any help anyone can provide me will be greatly appreciated. [Email Address deleted by Admin]If you were planning on having a computer with a broadband connection then voip would be a good option. Check out vonage or broadvoice on the internet for more information. Broadvoice has an unlimited in-state calling plan that is only $10 - 15 a month.

If you wanted to go with wireless then Verizon has a plan which includes the US and Mexico. It's $65 a month for 400 anytime and unlimited night/weekend.

Heyzeus
06-13-05, 13:49
I've lived in El Paso for over 3 years and travel almost every weekend and sometimes more often into Juarez even to the southside of Juarez. My girlfriend's family have absorbed me like their own. The only thing I really worry about is the traffic and crazy drivers - the crazy drivers are in every large metro area but the bad streets and lack of lights and signs make J town espeically hazardous.

With my silver hair, I don't worry about things. I don't do stupid things, but I don'g worry about things. I'm always aware of my surroundings but I do not move about in fear. I just tell my friends that I try to blend in.

What specific problems for gringos are you both addressing? Are the problems drug-related or more general in nature? I realize some innocents can get caught up in a cross fire. But with 30,000 cars moving across the bridge in Laredo every day, what is the probability that any one of these cars are in for trouble?

Newspaper headlines can be devasting and overreaction can be the result. What is the reality for the entire populace and what are the probabilities of having serious trouble?

We peoples of the world all have our appointed time for departing this life. We never know when or how it will occur. But life goes on and with this knowledge, it bodes one well to live life to its fullest despite the bleak ending.

PWI've been living in TJ for a little over 2 years now without incident and I have blond hair and blue eyes. I'm not living alone though, I have a family which definately makes me feel more at ease when I'm out. I mean if something was to happen I know there would be someone there to help me.

Although with the increase in violent crime that's been going on here since the first of the year and the inabilty of the Mexican government to protect its citizens we're now considering moving to the US.

2Cool
07-12-05, 00:11
Hi, I am a resident of Southern California.

I would like to know if anyone could please share some information about living in Tijuana, Mexico.

How much does it cost to rent an apartment per month?

Can U.S. citizens own real(estate) property in Mexico?

Is it safe to drive your vehicle across the border, is there secure parking?

Is it possible for a U.S. citizen to obtain citizenship for Mexico?

What areas of Tijuana are nice to live in and near the red zone/zona?

2Cool
07-21-05, 08:16
So no one knows anything or has any information?

Belgrath
07-26-05, 02:29
Check under living in TJ section in their forums.

http://www.tijuanablog.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=216719f0425d58780e9fd4b42e41b24b

One Wing Low
08-09-05, 19:36
One guy I know rented a nice, quiet apartment in an upscale area to build a love nest with his favorite chica. It costed him $1200 a month. Next door to him are some of the larger multi-million-dollar houses. He was so proud of his love nest.

One Friday he took his girlfriend to Ensenada, leaving 2 large Dobermins in the enclosed yard to guard the place. When they returned on Sunday, both of the Dobermins had been butchered. Their large bloody heads were left in the yard. The thieves had enough time to clean out the entire apartment, including beds, couches, chairs, refrigerator, stoves, washing machines, TV, clothes, even toys for the chica's kids...

Of course the neighbors did not see anything. The Tijuana police was having a good laugh at the fact that he was so stupid that he lost everything. He never filed a police report. He never came back to live in TJ again.

I would like to know if anyone could please share some information about living in Tijuana, Mexico.

Heyzeus
08-10-05, 11:10
One guy I know rented a nice, quiet apartment in an upscale area to build a love nest with his favorite chica. It costed him $1200 a month. Next door to him are some of the larger multi-million-dollar houses. He was so proud of his love nest.

One Friday he took his girlfriend to Ensenada, leaving 2 large Dobermins in the enclosed yard to guard the place. When they returned on Sunday, both of the Dobermins had been butchered. Their large bloody heads were left in the yard. The thieves had enough time to clean out the entire apartment, including beds, couches, chairs, refrigerator, stoves, washing machines, TV, clothes, even toys for the chica's kids.

Of course the neighbors did not see anything. The Tijuana police was having a good laugh at the fact that he was so stupid that he lost everything. He never filed a police report. He never came back to live in TJ again.

What were the names of the dogs? Zeus and Apollo?

Where in TJ did this "friend" of yours live? Which Colonia?

Country John
10-28-05, 21:44
Originally Posted by 2cool

I've been in Mexico a lot and now have an apartment here so I'll take a whack at your questions.

"How much does it cost to rent an apartment per month?"

I pay $350 per month for 2 BR 1 Bath, secure parking. Clean place.

"Can U.S. citizens own real(estate) property in Mexico?"

No.

"Is it safe to drive your vehicle across the border, is there secure parking?"

Driving in Mexico is different from driving in the USA. It is safe to drive here but you MUST MUST MUST have the proper insurance. Driving habits vary and you will have to learn about the "rules of the road."

There are secure places to park in the Zona. NEVER park overnight on the street -NEVER.

"Is it possible for a U.S. citizen to obtain citizenship for Mexico?"

Yes

"What areas of Tijuana are nice to live in and near the red zone/zona?"

It really depends what standard of living you are looking for. Generally, apartments in TJ might not be up to your standards.

Apartments near the Zona are a hit and miss proposition. One bud has a place five minutes or so away that is really nice - he pays $450. per month. Like anything it pays to shop around.

Country John

Mexicali Jack
10-29-05, 17:26
An American can own property in Mexico if placed in trust. Go through a Mexican attorney and avoid deals with U.S. backing like the one South of Ensenada that was involved in litigation. Some state that they have U.S. backed title insurance that may be viable.
Rentals in TJ vary and rentals in Mexicali start at $100 a month up.

Country John
11-01-05, 21:24
An American can own property in Mexico if placed in trust. Go through a Mexican attorney and avoid deals with U.S. backing like the one South of Ensenada that was involved in litigation. Some state that they have U.S. backed title insurance that may be viable.
Rentals in TJ vary and rentals in Mexicali start at $100 a month up.

My understanding (and correct me if I am wrong) is that if the property is in "trust" you do not own it, the "trust" owns it and you do not own the "trust.

The trust is a legal entity unto itself, you never own the property. Additonally, this applies to property within a certain distance from the coast. I believe an American can own property inland.

Country John

Dirk Struan
11-03-05, 23:55
Question for those in the know.

I work in the health care field, RN. Was wondering if it is possible for an american RN to do medical work in TJ/Mexico?

Country John
11-04-05, 22:10
Question for those in the know.

I work in the health care field, RN. Was wondering if it is possible for an american RN to do medical work in TJ/Mexico?

You should have no problems if you speak spanish. You will have to get certified of course but that should be a slam dunk.

Country John

VoodooMan
11-05-05, 02:32
I am thinking of moving there in the near future, I was just curious on a few things:
How are the rents for apartments there?

Cost of living?

Is it safe as far as crime, walking the streets at night?

How is the nightlife, how are the women in Puebla?

I have been there before, but just on vacation, as an ex-girlfriend lived there with her family. I really enjoyed the sites, but didn't really get a feel for what it really is like to live there.

Thx,

VDM

Country John
11-14-05, 19:40
You should have no problems if you speak spanish. You will have to get certified of course but that should be a slam dunk.

Country John

As a follow up, I did some checking for you and found that you will be greeted with open arms but the most you'll make is the US equivalent of $1,500 a month. (General hospital pays more than private hospitals.) I talked to a doctor (English speaking, 35 years old, very competent guy) and he earns about $2,500 a month. Not much eh?

For me, living here in Mexico is very cool. The compromises are worth the return in my opinion.

If I get more info I'll post it here.

Countty John

Roguesta
11-14-05, 21:00
I have been living in TJ for one year in Colonia Libertad. I pay $300.00 for a two bedroom apartment. I live only one mile from the border, but it almost seems like I'm a thousand miles farther south. Hardly no one speaks english. There are no American fast food joints. And this is the way I like it. I'm having no problems living here, and have never felt threatened. I can take a taxi from my house to Zona Norte for only 7 pesos ($.65). Of course, I have to pile into a station wagon with 9 other people. Again, this is the way I like it.

While cars are waiting, sometimes, up to two hours to cross the border, it takes me less than 5 minutes because I ride a motorcycle.

The only thing I wish I would have done earlier was to have made an earnest effort to learn Spanish. I am doing this now. It's not a problem with the chicas of Zona Norte, but if you want to have a novia, you'd better learn the language. I've spent the past year sounding like a two year old.

Sun Devil
11-14-05, 23:02
Dirk, if you are an RN, I would recommend that you live in Mexico and work in the US.

You only need to work 3 days a week at about $40 an hour and you can make about $75,000 a year, something that is feasible in the San Diego area.

Another option is working registry, where you can pretty much choose your own hours. I don't know how common that is in California but here in Arizona it is quite popular. I know a number of registry nurses who live in Havasu or Flagstaff and work in Phoenix. They stay at a trailer home or at a hotel when they work here.

Additonally, if you don't mind working nights or weekends, you can get differential money.

Country John
11-22-05, 02:13
I have been living in TJ for one year in Colonia Libertad. I pay $300.00 for a two bedroom apartment. I live only one mile from the border, but it almost seems like I'm a thousand miles farther south. Hardly no one speaks english. There are no American fast food joints. And this is the way I like it. I'm having no problems living here, and have never felt threatened. I can take a taxi from my house to Zona Norte for only 7 pesos ($.65). Of course, I have to pile into a station wagon with 9 other people. Again, this is the way I like it.

While cars are waiting, sometimes, up to two hours to cross the border, it takes me less than 5 minutes because I ride a motorcycle.

The only thing I wish I would have done earlier was to have made an earnest effort to learn Spanish. I am doing this now. It's not a problem with the chicas of Zona Norte, but if you want to have a novia, you'd better learn the language. I've spent the past year sounding like a two year old.

Ditto all of the above. I took a girl who speaks NO english as my live in, I spoke no Spanish when I met her and now we have casual converstions. I am learning the language quite well and converse outside with some comfort and a few apologies.

It can be done. I am doing it. It is real, it can happen. Just be responsible financially and able to support youself. This is no place to be without money.

Country John

Jimmy Tj
12-05-05, 08:13
Hi Country John and others,

I am looking to rent a furnished apartment with 2-3 bedrooms and secured parking in Zona Rio in March 2006 for around $500. I want to be very close to the border so I can either walk to border crossing or take a quick Taxi Libre ride. I have a Sentri Pass to walk across the border. I work downtown San Diego so I take the trolley to work and I would only need to cross using my car to shop or offsite business meeting. Anyone live in Zona Rio and what are your experiences? How are the problems with the Policia?

I had rented a house in Playas de Tijuana for six months for $850 a month. I lived there from April 2005 until July 2006. The reason I moved to Mexico was because I fell in love with a bar girl I met in Chicago Club. I wanted to spend more time with her and asked her to get married in the future. Things were rocky with her because she was pregent (not my baby) and her hormones made her act very weird. I finally kicked her out of my house because I thought she was cheating on me with a previous novio (actually her pimp). I later find out she was not cheating on me from a good source it was the hormones making her loco.

I have been with this girl for 15 months. I have given her my heart, money, time and support but she gives me very little in return (very cold). She has just turned 21 years old and has two girls 3 years old and 3 months old. It is very hard for me to get this girl to commit to anything because she always changes her mind the next week (is this common with Mexican novias). She will do anything to help her family but when it comes to me it seems like I am always the second banana. I have asked this girl to get married, I offered to pay for school for her to find a new career and she could give the money she made to her family. We talk about our plans and by the next time I see her a few days or week I hear a new excuse as to why she can’t commit to something we agreed to earlier. Many times I can not tell what is an excuse, lie or the truth because some of the problems she has or her family has are very unbelievable to me being a gringo growing up in the states.

I have tried to have a lot of patience with this girl over the past 15 months because I know she is a very young woman and has never had anybody like me in her life that has helped her so much. I only had sex with this girl one time when I met her in Chicago Club. After that point I wanted to show her respect and how gentlemen treat women. About a month ago she returned to work at Hong Kong. She said she wanted to work for a few months to help her mother. About a month ago I stopped giving her money. A few weeks ago she told me she loves me but does not know if the love is like a brother, friend, dad, boyfriend or husband. She said she wanted some time (2-3 months) alone so she could figure things out because she is very confused. This really hurt me because I know I love this women (I am 35 years old). She is 21 years old and has never had anyone love her or provide for her like I have so I guess she is confused. I have been way too nice to this girl because I would always give her what ever she asked for and I never put my foot down like a man should. I have met her entire family, her kids and been on dates with her mother.

When she told me two weeks ago she need a few months to think things through regarding our relationship I was very hurt but after thinking about it and talking to friends this really works in my advantage. I am now a free man and can do what I want. When I go to Hong Kong and she is working she keeps a very close eye on me and what I am doing. I have invited a few girls to sit on my lap for a few drinks which has driven her crazy. She asked me the other day why am I looking for other women and I tell her that she is the one who wanted to be alone so that makes me single also. I truly love this girl but I am now going to play her game and show her a few things. I now will act cold to her and not show much emotion for her. I will let you guys know what happens in the next few months. I think she has strong feelings for me but has problems showing and expressing love because of upbringing and her life and background in general. Has anyone else had experience like this with a Mexican novia and what was the outcome?

Jimmy TJ

Joe Fab
12-06-05, 17:37
We all know the alure of these beautiful chicas. That said, it's easy to understand how an otherwise intelligent and successful guy like yourself can get caught up in a stinking pile of sh%^*t like you have.

IMHO it is not possible to reform these girls. The old adage goes "you can take the girl out of the zone but you can't take the zone out of the girl" is true. I am sure there are a few exceptions to this rule but not many.

Some guys like to go to the zone, find something that trips the trigger and do the deal. Others like to form a superficial relationship with them which they feel adds to the total experience. The way I look at it, the girls in the zone are for partying and diversion, not for serious relationships. If you are one of the type of guys that just loves Mexicanas, there are zillions of them living in TJ or Mexicali (my neck of the woods) that are educated, professional type women that can give you all of the things that a ***** can give you plus they have their own money, career and respectability. My experience with "regular" women down there has been that they are eager to meet Norteamericanos and can be great girlfriends.

Dude, take a step back and examine this thing in total. What are the motivations at work here? What does she do to get what she wants?
1) Chica needs money
2) Chica finds "nice guy" who is enamored with her
3) Chica tells nice guy a bunch of BS about what a terrible life she has
4) "nice guy" gets nicer ($s) and to show her what a nice guy he is, does not even ask for sex
5) Chica exploits guy for all she can
6) Chica senses trouble in paradise, i.e. you ask her for a commitment
7) Chica pulls back her affection and says she is confused
8) "nice guy" spends lot of money and time and in return gets bad behavior that is blamed on raging hormones.
9) "nice guy" get hassled by police on a regular basis
10) "nice guy" has border crossing BS every day

You seem like an intelligent guy, I would bet that in business, nobody gets over on you. Don't take this wrong but get some self-respect here. I am not saying that you should be a macho but there has to be an acceptable level of give and take. The way you describe this, you give, she takes.

Lastly, my experience with chicks in general (and I might add, I have had a lot of experience) is that if they love you, you WILL be first. They will ignore their raging hormones and put their family a distant second to you. If the chica is "living the life", she will quit and work at the local OXXO instead of the Hong Kong.

Don't throw good money after bad and don't invest your emotions in a person like that. Good luck.

Country John
12-06-05, 22:31
The girl is clipping you. She is not interested in being a part of your life. She is interested in money, that's why she is working. It's not for her family. It's not for you.

You need to dump her but don't make a big deal about it since she is working and might bad mouth you to the other girls. Stay away from Hong Kong for a bit.

Working girls are not civilians. They know how to get to you. Do not make the mistake of chasing after her. Dump her- move on.

I susggest you hit Las Pulgas disco on Revolution. I keep writing about this place. It's very cool and there are HUNDREDS of chicas there looking for a guy just like you, not to clip you but to establish a relationship.

Another thing is that you CANNOT expect a 21 year old girl to be rational on the subject of love or relationships. They lack the maturity needed to think intelligently about it. You're older, you can work things out, she can't. It's just a fact.

Go to the Zona to have sex with these girls, not to rescue them. If it's a relationship with a beautiful Latina you are looking fo then hit the civilian clubs. It met my girley at Rio Verde club. She was a short timer Ficha girl (who sessioned at least one guy that I know, good review, he treated her well). I was lucky, it was a fluke encounter that I never expected.

This girl was looking for exactly what you want; a stable relationship and to get away from the Zona. She's 35, I'm 50. It's working out well. I have an apartment in Soler etc. We've been together since mid August.

Me and my girl go to Las Pulgas every Saturday night and have a great time. I am stunned at the number of BEAUTIFUL latinas there scoping the place. I've been hit on several times there.

FORGET THIS GIRL. MOVE ON. DO IT NOW. NO MORE THINKING ABOUT IT OK? YOU DO NOT NEED THIS PROBLEM IN YOUR LIFE. THERE ARE TOO MANY WOMEN OUT THERE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. THIS GIRL HAS NOTHING TO OFFER YOU, THE TELL-TALE SIGNS ARE ALL TOO OBVIOUS.

Country John

Jimmy Tj
12-07-05, 01:16
Joe Fab and Country John,

Thanks for your sound advice and opinions.

You are right that I have lost a lot of self respect over the past 15 months with this women. I have let her steam roll me many a time because I did not want to disappoint her. This women had me under her thumb and knew how to manipulate me very easily. Many of the negative things that happened between us I rationalized away due to the language barrier, her being young and the cultural differences. I have given everything I had over the 15 months to make this relationship work and she has put very little effort into it. I saw this but kept on going thinking things would change or improve. She has never put me first once; it is always her family so I guess that proves there is no love on her part. If this had been an American women I would have bailed a long time ago.

I would tell my friends some of the stuff she would do to me and they said the same thing you both have told me but I never wanted to listen. I think I kept hanging in there because I knew she was young and has never really experienced being in love or having a relationship. She started working in the bar scene at 16 following her older sisters path. These girls are trained at an early age to manipulate men. After 15 months I gave this women every opportunity to change her lifestyle but she would never commit.

I do love Mexican women and I guess I will add this up to one of life’s experiences. The only thing I need to get from her is my Verizon cell phone which I will ask for in the next few days. I will then tell her whatever our relationship was over the past 15 months is no more. I do not wish any ill will on this women she has a hard road ahead of her raising two kids, no education and dealing with all of her family problems. I walk away with a bruised heart, a lot less money in my bank account and some new life experiences.

CJ I will definitely check out Las Plugas in the near future. I think I need some alone time in the month of December to lick my wounds. Maybe my New Years resolution will be to start hanging out at Las Plugas and find a women who wants a relationship. CJ do you need to be a good dancer to get the ladies attention because I am not one? Hopefully, just hanging out and talking with the ladies will be enough to impress. As far as my reputation in Zona Norte goes I have developed some good friendships with many of the waiters and bartenders. I am very respectful to everyone who is trying to make a buck for a living and I don’t think of myself any higher than anyone else.

I will post what happens to me in the coming weeks as I try to end one relationship and begin anew. You guys were both correct in stating that I am looking for a relationship not just a hookup. If I wanted to I could head to the Zona Norte everyday and pay for sex sin amor but that is not what I am looking for in life.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted as to my situation.

Jimmy TJ

Apache
12-08-05, 16:19
Country John,

You are a man of experience & wisdom on this subject. You and I have talked before and I value your opinions. A question:

Do you think Las Pulgas is a little "young" for a 55 yr old gringo looking to connect with a mexicana for a relationship? I like cumbia, salsa & some reggaeton music but like Jimmy TJ, I haven't learned the dance moves.

What do you think?

Country John
12-13-05, 23:19
Country John,

You are a man of experience & wisdom on this subject. You and I have talked before and I value your opinions. A question:

Do you think Las Pulgas is a little "young" for a 55 yr old gringo looking to connect with a mexicana for a relationship? I like cumbia, salsa & some reggaeton music but like Jimmy TJ, I haven't learned the dance moves.

What do you think?

No. Las Pulgas is NOT strictly for the young crowd. Lucky for us old horny bastards, many older folks go there and share the dance floor with the younger ones. But there are many girls in their late '20s, '30s and '40s there too.

Mexican women are smart. They like us older guys because we are mature and (should) have our act together more so than Mexican men. My girley refuses to go with Mexican guys and worked primarily with gringos, looking for Mr. Right. They like us when we bahave well, they respect us and they want to work with us. If you want to get involved with a Mexican woman, there are some things you need to know:

1. They are not only interested in sex, or money.

Too often guys go to Mexico thinking that the women are going to fall all over them because they are gringos, and all they want to do is screw. Wrongo bongo. You can buy that kind of action all day in the Zona if that's what you are looking for. Most Mexican women actually resent being thought of in that way especially by gringo Americanos. If you enter into a cool relationship the sex will most likely be more than you can handle (as is the case with Country John now).

Latinas a proud people and while this (an other boards) highlites the sexual experiences of pay for play, there is another side to the female population.

2. They know what you are thinking.

I watch Gringo Americanos strut on Revoultion thinking that every chica they see wants to screw them. They look silly and stoopid with their baseball caps on backwards, cut off jeans, tennis shoes and tee shirts with some obsene wording etc. WTF are you thinking? You embarrass yourself. You don't need Country John to tell you to be a real man. Take your circus act to the Zona where it belongs. Latinas who are serious about relationships are serious.

3. Night life action is not the same as relationship action.

OK, you go to Las Pulgas, or Club Anamale or where-ever, perhaps with the boys, you hook up and end up in the sack for a fling. Good for you. Keep up the good work. This post is not for you.

4. Age limits / restrictions?

If you are 55 and are trim and neat in your appearance, if you dress smart casual and look like you are at ease in a non gringo environment, if you conduct yourself with a bit of decorum, have manners and know how to talk to girls you'll have no trouble with the Latina as long as you don't go stoopid and listen to the small head.

I am 50 and my girl is 35 with a 25yo body and an appetite for sex that is hard to satisfy. Will she be around forever? Who knows. Am I happy with the current arrangement? Yes. Is she a beauty queen? No. Is she pretty? Yes.

It helps if you are decent looking (Although the girls don;t seem to mind terribly much) but the big thing is manners, decorum and respect. Once you establish that then all you have to do is watch your money and that is very easy to do in Mexico. If you want to hook up with a beautiful person then be a beautiful person yourself.

I'm off on a rant and going off topic so I'll end off here. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Country John

Big John 1
12-15-05, 07:18
I like your words. I am a 62 year old gringo. You are correct, I cannot believe how Americans and other foreigners of all ages act in Mexico. No attempts at Spanish, sloppy dress, general disrepect. Is a man my age going to get a 25 year old hard-bodied beauty queen in Mexico? Absolutely not! But no problem with very acceptable ladies past 40. Try that in USA.

Big John 1

Country John
12-16-05, 05:30
I like your words. I am a 62 year old gringo. You are correct, I cannot believe how Americans and other foreigners of all ages act in Mexico. No attempts at Spanish, sloppy dress, general disrepect. Is a man my age going to get a 25 year old hard-bodied beauty queen in Mexico? Absolutely not! But no problem with very acceptable ladies past 40. Try that in USA.

Big John 1

Well said. Mexicans might not have the lifestyle we are used to, there are no line-ups at starbucks here. They do notice the dis-respect and uncaring attitude put up by Americans. I see it more myuself now that I live here. It really sucks. Funny how some people just don't know how to behave or simply don;t care.

I'm impressed by the fact that they still manage a smile and some courtesy throguh all that. Maybe someday it will improve.

Gringos who show some respect and treat the girls with dignity stand a much better chance of scoring big-time (and I'm not talking about just getting laid) in Mexico. It really is a cool country, once you get the hang of it.

Self criticism is something that Americans can't seem to confront however. It's a pity.

Country John

Joe Fab
12-17-05, 00:17
If a gringo is going to spend time in Mexico, he better make an effort to learn some Spanish. I have found that if you make the effort, almost every Mexican you meet down there will be pleasantly surprised and all the more ready to help you in whatever you are requesting.

I started going there about 3 years ago and spoke NO Spanish at all. I decided to do whatever I could to learn how to communicate. It is not as easy to learn a foreign language when you are an older dog (45) like myself, but I bought a few books, study a little bit every day, watch some Spanish language TV and go to Mexico and talk to people. Little by little it started to come to me and now I can communicate quite well. This, as I am sure you guys know very well, goes a long way in ensuring success and higher quality experiences with the chicas.

I don't know about you guys but when a person here in the states is in front of me in line at the bank or at a store and can't speak English, I get a little impatient and maybe even a little pissed. I am sure that most people in Mexico feel the same way when a gringo expects them to understand them when he speaks in English.

I always make sure to remember that I am a guest in their country and conduct myself accordingly. I have to comply with their standards of dress and behavior. That strategy has never failed me. I also believe that the gringos who do not follow these simple rules are not only less likely to have a good time with women but more likely to find themselves in bad situations. Especially those that put forth that arrogant and disrespectful attitude that you both described.

JoeFab

Jimmy Tj
12-17-05, 06:57
CJ and BJ1,

I agree with you both on the manners we Americans display in Mexico. I have been crossing the border one to four times a week over the past sixteen months plus I lived there for a short spell. I always try and fit in with the population and this includes trying to speak the language the best I can and having good manners. This includes talking to the Policia, bar girls, waiters, door men, bathroom attendants, taxi drivers etc. You would be surprised how far a “gracias” or “de nada” will take you. With men I always greet with a handshake and “como esta” or “como te llama”. With women it is a handshake and a kiss on the cheek and “como esta” or “como te llama”. By being polite and making an attempt at the language I believe sends a good message to the people that all Americans are not arrogant a##holes.

Even if you don’t speak the best Spanish if you make an attempt, the Mexican people are very gracious and will help you far more than if you solely use English.

The following are phrases that every American should know and use when in Mexico:

Como esta. How are you.

Como te llama. How do you say your name.

Me llama es ________. My name is __________.

Gracias. Thanks.

De nada. Your welcome. ( I seem to always get smiles when I use this)

Como se dice ___________. How do you say ___________.

Buenos dias. Good morning.

Buenos tardes. Good afternoon.

Buenos noches. Good night.

Try any of these and see what kind of response you get.

Jimmy TJ

Apache
12-21-05, 16:37
Glad to see people are emphasizing the need for gringo men exhibiting manners and respect while in Mexico. I too have seen the "ugly American" stereotype being furthered by arrogant idiots & borachos who give the rest of us a bad name.

Question on Las Pulgas: if looking for a nice, 30-ish lady for a relationship, would going on a weeknight like a Thursday be better than fighting weekend crowds for this mid-50's gringo?

Thanks in advance.

Big John 1
12-22-05, 04:07
Good to see other with like thinking. Been living on border Las Palomas, Chihuahua three years. Originally, no Spanish, but with daily study have an excellent vocabularly now, though my accent still sucks. Since I have been here, became much neater about personal appearance and dress. At $3 a pop, can afford frequent, and fun haircuts. Interestingly, even before I could speak Spanish, got better haircuts than from barbers with whom I could communicate with perfectly in English and paid high prices. Last summer got into a bad auto accident in a small town in Sonora. Was injured and people very nice to me. The policia beat the Hell out of the other driver, who was muy barrocho. I had liability only Seguro Qualitas, so no dinero por me. But the townspeople put me up for free, and fixed the wrecked car, so I could drive it 350 killometers at 30 kms. Per hora with bent axle to where I lived. It was a 1967 Ford Galaxie I had 35 years. I bought another 67 Ford at auction and stripping old one for parts, plan on driving to Oaxaca, about 2000 kilometres in January. Another point, Mexico is the place for old cars, many very creative mechanics, improvisers, not parts replacers like the USA.

Jimmy Tj
12-25-05, 02:01
I promised an update on my relationship (soap opera) with the bar girl I have been wasting my time with the last sixteen months. See my previous posts in this section for background.

Since this girl stated at the end of November she wanted time alone to figure out how I fit in her life, I basically took this as a green light to do whatever I wanted – guilt free - since she was no longer my girlfriend by her choice, not mine. Over the past month, when I am in Hong Kong, I no longer go looking for her, no longer tell her anything romantic and I have now been showing interest in other women in HK which I had never done before in her presence. She actually improved her attitude and manners toward me (so I thought). I forced her to come to me if she wanted to talk. I was sitting with other bar girls, talking and making out just having a good time with my new found freedom. I know this drove her crazy so I made sure she always had a good view of me doing this. When she did come talk to me she would ask why was I looking for other women and my response was you wanted to be alone so I can do what I want. She was a lot more touchy feely with me when she would talk to me – kissing, hugs and touching. This was very out of the ordinary because she is always saying not do this stuff because clients are always watching her and they will expect the same. When I would leave the bar she would chase after me and make out with me at the entrance on a few occasions. I was actually having a good time because I finally was able to see her uncomfortable with her decision she made and was now constantly worrying what I was doing.

She had given me my Verizon cell phone back to me. I had called Verizon and blocked all outgoing calls from her phone at the end of November because she was being an idiot. When I unblocked the outgoing calls she still could not call me in San Diego. I needed to bring the phone back to San Diego and refresh the roaming etc. I got really sick after I got the phone back and I did not return to Hong Kong for eight days. We are no longer boyfriend or girlfriend due to her decision to need time alone. She has my cell phone and work phone numbers and could call me if needed but she does not have the Verizon cell phone to call for free. I finally felt better and returned to HK after my eight day absence. I had the phone with me and will only give it to her if she asks and I feel like she is being a good girl. I sit along the rail and order my cerveza enjoying the chica on stage. After about twenty minutes, I feel two arms wrap around me from behind and whispers in my ear. It is my girlfriend, oh wait she is not my girlfriend any more - she is my friend that I have taken care of for sixteen months She has me in a bear hug from behind and begins to drill me with questions. Where have you been the last eight days? I was so worried about you – what happened? Why have you not been to HK? Are you looking for other women? I tried to call you on your cell phone but the call did not go through – I really needed to talk with you! I am very surprised at her questions and her reaction to not seeing me for eight days – it does not make sense to me for someone who requested time alone to figure out what I am to her – brother, father, friend, boyfriend or husband.

We go over to a booth and I buy her and her sister a drink. Her sister gets up to go to the bathroom. My girl repeats the same questions she whispered in my ear. I said I was sick and why are you so concerned with me and what I am doing because you choose to want time alone. She tells me I am her boyfriend and I about fall off the chair because I am shocked. This girl changes her mind more times than they change the sheets in the hotel connected to Adelitas I have her Verizon cell phone in my pocket and at one point she asks for it but I do not tell her I have it with me because I need to ask some more probing questions and I have a feeling our conversation will end ugly like usual. She starts hugging me and touching my d*&k. I start to try and kiss her, touch her breasts and p*##y. She says no to me because she does not want any other clients to see this because they will expect the same. In the past I would agree with her on this but I have witnessed her kissing and touching clients when I have been in HK so I do not buy this any more. She tells me that some of her clients recently have told her that they are jealous when they see both of us together because they see that we have a deeper connection – love. This comes to me as a shock because over the past month we have spent very little time together in HK and she is usually always cold with me because clients are always looking.

After she drops the boyfriend line on me I begin probing with further questions. I said if I am your boyfriend I need sex con amor, dates (not in HK) and you need to change your work to a normal job ( I offered to pay for school etc many times before). I ask her if I am her husband she says no. She says she will not know if I am husband material until after the first time we have sex (this is such a line of bullshit and a very insulting comment that I am starting to get really fucking angry). Does this girl think she is the fucking Queen of England? This girl did not go past primary school and thinks she is a smart women. She started selling her pussy at the age of sixteen and has been doing it for the last four years (three of the years giving her money to her pimp). I am the only male in her twenty one years of life that has showed her respect and has not tried to use her and all I get is fucking disrespect and problems. I remind she was with her pimp for three years and she loved him the first year and had a lot of sex with him for the three years. She tells me she was young and never had sex before so she did not know any better. I remind her she has never had sex con amor before because her pimp did not love her but loved the money she provided for him to buy his drugs. I have told her nothing is better than sex con amor and that is when women have orgasms when they have passionate sex which this girl has never had in her life. I guess know she thinks has gold between her legs and I will not be able to find another women in Mexico (not). At this point she can not fight back with me because I always speak the truth with her and she knows I am correct. I am thinking to myself this girl is really fucked up inside and I do not want to deal with this any more no matter how pretty she looks on the outside. I can see the smoke coming out of her ears because she knows I am right. She proceeds to do what she always does when she knows she is wrong – gets up from the table and storms off angry like a little kid. I tell her sister who speaks English I do not need these fucking problems in my life any more. I tell her sister she will never ever find anyone like me again who can be a positive influence in her life and I truly did love her but not any more. Her sister babbles something to me in English that makes no sense. I am so pissed off and swear to god this was the last straw with this girl.

I go back to the rail. I observe her dancing on one of the booths for a little while. I want to so badly walk up to her stick my middle finger in her face and tell her FUCK OFF! I never get the chance to do this. A gringo client buys her a few drinks and I then see them leave the front door and she returns 30-40 minutes later. Now she has told me that she is not having sex but here and her sister do a lesbian show and do not touch the guys. She went up alone with out her sister so I guess she must have played scrabble with the guy. When she returns she goes to change her outfit and hangs out with her sister with another gringo client. I end up leaving a few hours later and never get to tell her off like I wanted. I did not sleep well that night. When I got to work the next day I was really cranky due to lack of sleep and the problems with this girl. I decided last night was the last straw and I need to end this so called relationship. I type a letter and use an internet translator to get it into Spanish. I choose to write a letter rather than do it verbally because my Spanish is not good enough to remember all the words and I do not want to loose any of the impact of my message. I give my letter in English and Spanish to my Mexican amiga at work who knows what I have been going through to read the Spanish version and punch it up so it reads with the most impact.

I head back to HK that night to deliver my letter. I wait for her outside the girls dressing room on the second floor. Her and her sister exit the dressing room and come down the stairs. I hand the letter to her and a bracelet she wrapped around my finger a month previous when she asked me to marry her. I tell her to read the letter when she is not drunk or high. I walk away and find a seat at the rail. I begin to drink and buy drinks for about three other girls. I end up making out with the prettiest of the three girls and we go up and have a two song private dance. My girl watched me the whole time with these other girls which made me happy. I was back in HK a few nights in row later in the week and my girl never spoke to me. I assume she read the letter but I do not know. Her mother came for the holidays so she will not work for the next month or so.

Sorry to ramble on about this but it feels good to get it off my chest.

Jimmy TJ

Below is the English version of the letter I gave her.

Yesterday, you disrespected me for the last time.

I do not need you, your problems, your bad attitude, or your bad manners ruining my life any more.

You create nothing but stress and unhappiness by our actions with me.

You are not my friend, my girlfriend or my wife, I deserve much better than you and I am moving on with my life.

I have given you numerous opportunities to change your attitude and your life but you always return back to your old habits.

After sixteen months of waiting and trying to have patience with you I have realized that you do not want to change your ways.

I truly wish you the best of luck in your life because I can not do anything more for you.

The only thing I feel sorry about is that your two daughters will follow your path in life, just like you followed your sisters.

Your daughters deserve much better and maybe some day in the future you will change your life for your daughters because you never did change for me.

Jimmy Tj
12-25-05, 03:48
Alright, recently ending sixteen month nightmare with bar girl see previous posts this section.

I am seeking good looking single Mexican women age 18 -26 with normal job, education, manners, respect, enjoys dates, sex etc. without head games or mucho problemas.

I am 35 year old gringo (Mexican mujer think I look low twenties in age - gracias), good job downtown San Diego, I live 5 minutes from La Linea in Nestor, I have been told I speak good Spanish from Mexicans in TJ.

The past fifteen months I have been spent majority of my time in Zona Norte. So my question over the past month to men I meet in TJ i.e. Taxi Libre drivers and Mexican guys I meet in Zona Norte is “Where does a guy go to find Mexican women that I describe above”. The resounding answer is do not look in Zona Norte, look in Zona Rio. I ask donde in Zona Rio and the resounding answer is Plaza del Zapato.

I know CJ has said positive words on Las Plugas on weekend nights. I was there Thursday night of this week. I did not see any women of interest to me that night (10-11pm). They had two of the dance rooms open. I am always alone when I am TJ. I will definitely go on a Friday or Saturday night. One Mexican guy I met in HK, who works on Revolution told me to go to Plaza del Zapato. I asked him about Las Plugas and he said many of the girls there are working you not sure if that is the truth or not. I do know many of the bar girls in Zona Norte go to Las Plugas to dance but I guess they would not be there on a weekend night because they would be working. I guess one would need to be more cautious on nights during the week especially Monday or Tuesday nights when most of them do not work. I am not much into dancing but for a pretty girl I will have no problem proving white guys can’t dance – maybe with enough practice I can get better. I will report on future experiences in Las Plugas.

Plaza del Zapato is located directly across the street from Plaza Rio. If you are standing on the corner where Comercial Mexicana look north and you will see brown globe on the corner which is the Tijuana Cultural Center (check it out if you have never been there exhibits are pretty good), on the corner directly across the round about from Comercial Mexicana is a Mc Donalds I believe and on the corner facing West of Comercial Mexicana is Plaza del Zapato. Plaza del Zapato has around fifteen bars that mostly seem to play live music of differing types. Some of the bars are very nice looking and some are not so nice looking. The middle to upper class of TJ come here to party. I have been told the women are all bankers, real estate agents, secretaries etc. and educated.

I have gone solo to Plaza del Zapato twice this week on Thursday and Friday. It does not seem to get crowed until around 11pm. Friday night I walked there from the border it took me about twenty minutes other wise you pay a $5 to Taxi Libre. I have had drinks in three of the bars and each have their own vibe. I do not remember the names but I will post in future when I have more experience here. One of the bars you could order food and the music was not too loud so you could actually hold a conversation if you saw some women that looked interesting. I sat at the bar and had a beer and there were two pretty blondes that sat behind me but they seemed engrossed in their conversation so I did not make an attempt. I want to come back here and try the food. I did notice that people come in groups and seem to stick in their little clicks but this is only my initial reaction to this place. I went to a second bar that had a live 15 member band but the music was so loud you could not talk to anyone with out your voice going horse and I was getting a headache. I did not see anyone attractive to me at this bar. I went to a third bar that was more to my liking. There was a 5 piece rock band playing Mexican and American songs in Spanish and English. I spent most of my time both nights here. I saw a few pretty girls but the music is so loud that you can not talk.

My impression is these bars maybe a very good place to meet women but I think I need a wingman. If anyone living in San Diego or TJ wants to go there with me I would be more than happy to have the company. Unlike Zona Norte where I never had a problem going alone these bars seem to require two or more to have a good time. I notice that most of women are there in groups so it would help having another guy so we could separate a few of the ladies from the herd and go in for the kill. I am going to keep going back and hopefully I will get more comfortable with these bars and figure what nights are best etc. I will report more information in the future.

If anyone is interested in going with me pm me.

Jimmy TJ

Country John
12-25-05, 06:33
I'm impressed to see the feedback on good manners. Americans are brainwashed into thinking that they are superior to Mexicans but the reverse is actually the case. With over 3000 years of history in Mexico, America could not come close to the roots that are established in Mexico.

I'm glad I moved here. I feel like I belong. I don't need the manicured lawns and the other bullshit that has become the United States of America.

I'm not out of gas, I just decided that it was time to change my life. I'm tired of the relentless push of expectations that have nothing to do with the quality of life. I was too nice to too many people, it was all for nothing. I decided to live my life. I've been successful, made a lot of money, spent a lot of money but now it's time to stop the insanity and settle down.

I was always struck by the lack of politeness towards the Mexican people my Americans. I just could not understand what the problem was. The more I looked, the more I discovered the problem wass not with the Mexicans but with the Americans. It's rediculous to think that the guy trying to see silver chains on Revolution Blvd. is trying to rip you off. He's trying to make a living.

Just like the guy who wants to shine your shoes, or wants you to visit their shop.

So as America "evolves" into what it thinks is the perfect society, the rest of us will silently observe from across the border and wish everyone health, happiness and prosperity in the game. To some, status and acceptance are more important than thier immediate life but at the end of the day, you'll realize that living your life trumps all that shit.

Just be smart and save your extra money. Plan your escape. Don't listen to the bullshit and be nice to people, you'll be surprised at the reaction.

Country John

Big John 1
12-26-05, 06:08
Christmas Day in A small Mexican border town. Many businesses open, restaurants, stores,barbers, vendors, shoe shiners, burrito stands, they cannot afford the luxury of non-working holidays, yet most folks are cheerful.

Crossing to otra lado, the USA, totally different.While waiting for a vehicle search,this is the banter I heard from two USA border guards."I would like to do an airstrike on Palomas (the Mexican town)and watch it burn!" I would like to Napalm the f----g place says the other guy". What is more these guys were Hispanics, Mexican Americans, Chicanos!

Yep, Country John, just like you say they think they are superior, when the opposite is true! In all fairness, not all USA border patrol is that way, but too many of this ilk. They really get upset about an American wanting to live in Mexico!

Bill Marshall
01-06-06, 22:37
i'm a traveling physical therapist and want a latina or other to join me. do you have any recommendations as to the best way to get one across the border or other without marrying?

i just want a little sex starved sweetie to enjoy exploring some of the different states i will be going as a traveling pt. my tastes are pretty easy--- as long as they are slender i'm generally good to go.

i knew a guy in san diego who would go on sex tours and bring back litttle 20 year olds to be his play things for 6 months or so until his next voyage. this doesn't sound too bad.

i used to be good-looking, but time has been a little rough on me--- had to shave the head (bald) and need to lose about 30lbs which i'm working on, age 38.

any advice of where else i could post to ask for advice or other would be appreciated. my dick and happiness thank you in advance.

bill

Country John
01-07-06, 23:46
i'm a traveling physical therapist and want a latina or other to join me. do you have any recommendations as to the best way to get one across the border or other without marrying?

i just want a little sex starved sweetie to enjoy exploring some of the different states i will be going as a traveling pt. my tastes are pretty easy--- as long as they are slender i'm generally good to go.

i knew a guy in san diego who would go on sex tours and bring back litttle 20 year olds to be his play things for 6 months or so until his next voyage. this doesn't sound too bad.

i used to be good-looking, but time has been a little rough on me--- had to shave the head (bald) and need to lose about 30lbs which i'm working on, age 38.

any advice of where else i could post to ask for advice or other would be appreciated. my dick and happiness thank you in advance.

bill

bill, just an observation but why don't you post a few trip reports? i am one who is happy to share whatever knowledge i have and help if i can -you are already aware of that.

i would be interesting to hear about some of your experiences either in the zona or stateside.

country john

Artisttyp
01-09-06, 22:28
Hello I travel out of america alot and I have yet to get an international cell phone for fear of getting locked into a contract of huge cellphone bills.Usually I use email to keep in touch with people at home and even local people I meet on my trips..or I give out my hotel number.My questions are:

1. Verizon has certain countries rated into tier levels and price per minute...mexico is listed at 69 cents per minute while in mexico.Does this sound right?
2. To make things cheaper I could see myself wanting to text message people from my verizon service (while in mexico) to a local person on a mexican network for 50 cents per message sent and 5 cents to receive..but does it actually work going from verizon to a mexican network?

I've read the offers from cell phone companys but you really find out how it works when you try it.I've just ended a tmobile contract that couldn't even get me service at the charlotte north carolina airport where I know there are major communication networks available.
Do I enter into another contract or forget about the cell phone? I dont want to switch sim cards or rent a phone when I'm there.I want one phone with one number wherever I am.Verizon says thats what it offers...any advice would be great.Enjoy mexico I usually spend a month there every year and love it.Gracias por su ayuda!

Country John
01-10-06, 20:34
Hello I travel out of america alot and I have yet to get an international cell phone for fear of getting locked into a contract of huge cellphone bills.Usually I use email to keep in touch with people at home and even local people I meet on my trips..or I give out my hotel number.My questions are:

1. Verizon has certain countries rated into tier levels and price per minute...mexico is listed at 69 cents per minute while in mexico.Does this sound right?
2. To make things cheaper I could see myself wanting to text message people from my verizon service (while in mexico) to a local person on a mexican network for 50 cents per message sent and 5 cents to receive..but does it actually work going from verizon to a mexican network?

I've read the offers from cell phone companys but you really find out how it works when you try it.I've just ended a tmobile contract that couldn't even get me service at the charlotte north carolina airport where I know there are major communication networks available.
Do I enter into another contract or forget about the cell phone? I dont want to switch sim cards or rent a phone when I'm there.I want one phone with one number wherever I am.Verizon says thats what it offers...any advice would be great.Enjoy mexico I usually spend a month there every year and love it.Gracias por su ayuda!

Talk to Nextel. I have a service with international direct connect and my phone works just about everywhere in Mexico. Sprint also has excellent coverage in Mexico (you are roaming of course but the phone works well).

Forget about cingular and verizon.

Country John

Roamer19
01-15-06, 05:42
I have a daughter who lives outside of Mexico City, and have found fairly good and inexpensive service from Verizon with their Northamerican program, you can coverage in Mexico and Canada, if you are in the Verizon Extended network it works out to about .10 a min. I got a phone for her with a US number and also call her Mexican house number for that price. When talking to her on the cell, it is very affordable. Talk to Verizon and they can line you out.

Best of luck

El Azteca
03-29-06, 09:36
Jimmy TJ,

How did your exploration of the Zona Rio pan out?

Jimmy Tj
03-30-06, 06:49
Hi El Azetca,

I will give a little background first. I am 35 year old, 6 foot gringo, in good shape and I can speak passable Spanish. If I am not drinking I will only dance to romantic songs where I can hold on to the girl but if I am drinking I will be more inclined to cut loose a little bit but I always feel self conscious especially since the Mexican people are such good dancers. I spent all my life living outside Chicago, IL and I will have lived in San Diego two years this July. I always go to TJ alone because none of my friends enjoy going over there. I go to TJ anywhere from one to five times a week depending on my work schedule. The bulk of the time I have spent in Zona Norte. I never realized how attracted I was to Mexican women until I moved to San Diego and started hanging out in Zona Norte. The kind of women I look for is tall, skinny and all natural.

Here are my thoughts on Plaza del Zapato and Las Plugas.

I have gone to Plaza del Zapato about seven times. They have around twelve different bars all featuring different kinds of music from rock n roll to dance music. It is pretty much dead until around 10 or 11pm. I have gone week nights and weekends. I was the only gringo there the times I have gone which does not bother me and one cab driver told me I was very brave to be there at all. Being that I go alone I feel more intimated to walk up to a group of four women sitting at a table having a good time. The times I was there I did not approach any women I just kind of drank and observed. If I had another guy with me I would felt a lot more comfortable approaching a table of women. I was there one night and I saw a hot blond with an ugly girlfriend. I was thinking about approaching the blond but she turned down about three guys while I was watching her. Her waiter boyfriend came over to talk to her awhile later. I think the bars here are very fun and if you can bring a couple of guys with you I think picking up the women should be fairly easy as long as you can speak Spanish. I saw women of all shapes and sizes to make any man happy. The bar I have spent the most time in is called Sambucca (I believe) and is right next door to Monte Picacho. I like Sambucca because they have really good rock bands that play a couple songs in Spanish and then a couple in English. The best time I had was when I brought this girl I liked who worked in Hong Kong bar and we spent from midnight to 6am in Monte Picacho which plays dance music and another bar that I do not remember. One thing to note is the music tends to be very loud in these bars which makes trying to talk to someone very difficult. Also Plaza del Zapato attracts a more middle class Mexican crowd.

I have gone to Las Plugas maybe three or four times since Christmas 2005 week. I went twice the week of Christmas during the week and I was not impressed with any of the women I saw. I think it was probably not a good time to go due to the holidays. I went back a few more times after the new year during the week and I saw women of all shapes, sizes and ages. I have not gone on a Friday or Sunday night which I hear is when all the singles go. Wednesday night is ladies night and Saturday is for couples. I was there one Wednesday night and I saw a lot of single guys sitting around and asking the girls to dance. I again just drank and observed but I think for someone like myself who goes to TJ alone Las Plugas is a better place to hang than Plaza del Zapato. The beer here is very cheap like $1.75. I have been told that Las Plugas attracts a more lower class Mexican crowd than a Plaza del Zapato. I definitely need to and want to spend more time in Las Plugas because I think the vibe for approaching the women was good especially if you are alone. I will report more about my findings at a later date.

El Azetca I hope this helps you out and if you end of going to any of these places let us know how things work out.

Jimmy TJ

Jimmy Tj
04-02-06, 06:13
Hola El Azetca

I had my mind set that I wanted to experience Las Plugas Friday night 3/31/06. I arrived at 11pm and there were maybe 50 people waiting to get in. I was the only gringo. I am looking at a sign at the entrance and it says 300 pesos cover to get in tonight. I thought to myself that can not be correct and stood in line anyway. The girl at the entrance asks for $30 to get in. I made her repeat it several times to make sure I understood her. I thought to myself no way am I going to pay a $30 cover to get in with the strong possibility of not finding anyone to hang with for the night. From what I understand Las Plugas clientele is lower class Mexicans and middle class Mexicans would never go there. I can not believe all these people were paying $30 to get in. Maybe someone with more experience in Las Plugas can fill us in on the details. The other times I was in Las Plugas during the week I paid no cover or $4.

I walked down calle Revolution and it was dead for a Friday night. I stopped in El Torito and it had maybe twenty high school kids. I proceeded to Zona Norte and it was dead for a Friday night in my opinion. I ended up hanging out with a cool girl in Las Chavales from midnight until 6:30am. We are going to hang on her two nights off this coming week.

Country John
04-04-06, 19:23
Never saw a $30. charge at Las Pulgas. They bring in special acts from around Mexico, perhaps it was for that show. I never saw a $30. admission. Sheesh.

The Plaza is a local scene and I've spent some time there. Lots of women but not the "quick fix" us "zoners" are used to. I've been to Las Pulgas a lot. Yes, there are a lot of 5's and below there but I always see many hot girleys there. I've been hit on many times while my girley is in the banos, surprising especially since I'm nothing special. I just have a friendly demeanor and a plesant smile. I might be glowing, I don't know.

I think the problem with a lot of guys (gringos) is that as soon as they walk into the place they have a sign on their forehead that reads "I'm looking for a chica who wants to ****, have monkey sex for nothing and then just leave." The girls can read it a mile away.

I watched one night as a single gringo came in, sat down, ordered a bucket and kept to hmself for a short bit, looking around the room.

He asked a few girls to dance, danced one song then took another having fun with each girl. A few girls actually looked surprised that he didn;t ask for another dance right away. When he returned to his table, I could tell the girls were talking about him, some even looking at him as he returned to his table. He danced a LOT. Finally I saw him dancing with the same girls he danced with earlier. Later he stuck with one girly, having a lot of laughs and finally they left together. He was probably my age (50), reasonably good looking, clean cut and dressed smart casual, little bling. I could tell he was polite and treated the girls with respect. Smart mongering.

Latinas are not stoopid and they are not waiting for us Gringos to show up so they can have sex with us. Many are intelligent and sensitive women who respond well to being treated right.

So go to Las Pulgas, be prepared to work the room. You will more likely than not score with a chica that you might like. Just be yourself, leave the "I wanna fuck" sign at home, dress well and be nice. Basic stuff eh?

Country John

Munch Lunch
04-05-06, 03:08
bill marshall - at least you are realistic about yourself; i guarantee that if you lose the 30 lbs., start working out at the gym, and get some decent clothing you will get game down south. (don't mean to be offensive, but american men are generally horrible dressers by international standards.) latin women love sharp dressers. you are just the right age, they like older men - you can easily score a 20 - 30 year old latina with no problem.

in order to get a girl in to the usa, you need to target middle class women who have their passports and can obtain a us vacation visa easily. many would love to travel the us with you. avoid the sex tours; too expensive and the women at these places are generally money grubbers.

i travel a lot in latin america. i have had very good success finding traveling partners through the dating websites like terra.com, mejor amor, american singles, etc. avoid at all costs the marriage and sex tour operator sites aimed at gringos. go for the sites that latin americans use themselves.

just put your ad in the place where you want a woman from. i recommend peru, hands down. avoid mexico, because our government trys to keep them out and visas are hard to get. you will have to pay her costs to get here. if you don't know spanish, many girls know english.

my guess if you travel with a latina for a few months you will end up marrying her. are you ready for that? these women are so sincere, loving, honest, and sexy; you won't send her home.

good luck,
munch lunch

bill

Roguesta
04-12-06, 16:23
Where is Las Plugas (or is it Las Pulgas, I'm seeing it written both ways)?

Reinaldo
04-13-06, 05:02
Where is Las Plugas (or is it Las Pulgas, I'm seeing it written both ways)?

It's Las Pulgas, located on Revolucion between 7th and 8th.

John Rain
04-14-06, 13:18
Here are photos. It's across the street from the Jai Alai stadium.

Photos:

1. Las Pulgas
2. Las Pulgas
3. Jai Alai & AM/PM Mini-Mart (Across the Street)

Country John
07-31-06, 19:34
Hey MIke 123, long time no see. When you gonna buy that beer you owe me? Thanks for posting the images. It should be noted that these roll-up doors are open all night during the summer and the tables are next tot he street.

I went with my girley and Blue Nose last saturday night and the women were fantastic. A guy with game is gonna score there but it's important to keep a few things in mind. I've gone to Las Pulgas about 50 times this year, so here are a few qualified observations:

1. Many "off-duty" zona girls go there for R&R so don;t be surprised if you see your favorite dancer there. She might, however, be sitting with her husband or boyfriend so be very very careful if you plan to approach her.

2. You can score at Las Pulgas. Women are people too. They want to have sex.

3. Take your time. The girls can sense when guys are there for only one thing. You have to be willing to dance and spend the evening at the club with the girl who "MIGHT" fuck you later. Many of these girls are factory workers out celebrating the weekend. They are not working there. They are civilians but welcome gringos who know how to behanve, how to dress and how to treat a lady.

4. I almost shit my pants last Saturday....there were some FABULOUS creatures there. Oh mymymymymy. There is nothing like the Latina.

5. It's best to go with someone and sit at a table. Last week Blue Nose came along, if anyone else wants to follow me and my girley in then PM me.

6. MANNERS MANNERS MANNERS.

7. Patience patience Patience. These girls will not (mostly) approach you. You have to have your game working and you have to be looking good.

8. Dress "smart casual." Leave the bling at home. It's not safe and the girl doesn't care anyway. The see too much bling as stupid given the security issues in TJ right now.

I'm tellin ya, Las Pulgas is a happening place. Forget the upper Revolution clubs. Las Pulgas is what you are looking for. Cheap beer and LOTS of fabulous civilian latina chicas.

Be Safe and Be Nice.

Country John

Here are photos. It's across the street from the Jai Alai stadium.

Photos:

1. Las Pulgas
2. Las Pulgas
3. Jai Alai & AM/PM Mini-Mart (Across the Street)

FadeToJade
02-12-07, 04:15
Hi CJ,

Can you give an update on Las Pulgas? I would be travelling solo, is it still safe for a gringo there ?. I speak Spanish well with a good accent, but look like a gringo. I behave, am generous with the ladies, don't challenge the local males, and am not obnoxious. I also have an awareness of Mexican politeness (that generally Norteamericanos have not mastered). Hope you and your lady can join me for beers-

I buy the first two rounds. I enjoy your posts.

Xavier Wash
04-04-07, 02:43
Hello all,

I will be going to Ixtapa in a few months and I would like to know if there is any updated info that you all can give me on the ladies down there. I have tried the Ixtapa part of this site for info. But no new info in a while. Please someone let me know and I'll be sure to post my experiences there. Thanks.

X-man

Beavis
04-04-07, 17:15
Blanche- I think the tourists cards allow you 180 days. I have an FM3 so haven't used a tourist card before but I am sure you can find the procedure online. Usually about 20 or 30 miles from the border there will be a checkpoint where documentation will need to be shown to enter the interior of the country. Every border crossing has an immigration office where you can get a tourist card. As for ATM's there are plenty of them. Bancomer is my preferred ATM. The Banamex ATM's often give only 500 peso notes which are a pain in the ass to break.

Vagringo2
06-29-07, 07:29
I was in Cabo talked to some locals about how easy it is to land a job at a beach resort selling time shares.

Anyone do this: What kinda money can you make?

I need them to sponser me.

Of course am a US citizen.

Optic Guard
08-15-07, 23:50
Section 51.70 (a) (8) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations states, in part, that if you are certified to Passport Services by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to be in arrears of child support payments in excess of $2,500, you are ineligible to receive a U.S. passport . If this applies to you, Passport Services strongly recommends that you contact the appropriate State child support enforcement agency to make payment arrangements before applying for a passport. This is because:

* The State agency must certify to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that acceptable payment arrangements have been made.

* Then, HHS must notify Passport Services by the removal of your name from the electronic list HHS gives to Passport Services. (Passport Services cannot issue a passport until your name has been deleted by HHS.)

Please note that it can take 2-3 weeks from the time you make payment arrangements with the State agency until your name is removed from HHS' electronic list. Passport Services has no information concerning individuals' child support obligations and has no authority to take action until HHS removes your name from its list.

Country John
10-30-07, 01:45
Hi CJ,

Can you give an update on Las Pulgas? I would be travelling solo, is it still safe for a gringo there ?. I speak Spanish well with a good accent, but look like a gringo. I behave, am generous with the ladies, don't challenge the local males, and am not obnoxious. I also have an awareness of Mexican politeness (that generally Norteamericanos have not mastered). Hope you and your lady can join me for beers-

It's a shame I have not re-visited this page for so long......sorry.

I actually cut the rug at El Torito on Revolution now. Ever since Las Pulgas closed off the street side of the disco, it just gets louder and louder in there and my 51 year old ears can only handle so much of that. Besides, I need them for other things!

If you are as described, then you will have no trouble getting the girls. As far as civilians are concered, it's a time consuming venture however. Some will fly on the first date but don't be surprised if yo end up with a peck on the cheek instead of your pecker in some cheeks first time out.

Too much respect shown to the girls reveals a vulnerability unless you can turn it off as fast as you turn it on. Remember that.

Country John

Optic Guard
12-18-07, 23:03
San Diego U-T 18 Dec 2007: Note Jan 31 change below--need DL PLUS birth certificate

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20071218/news_1n18passport.html

Congress wants delay of passport rule at U.S. border crossings

By Devlin Barrett
ASSOCIATED PRESS

December 18, 2007

WASHINGTON – Congress is seeking to delay a new security rule requiring passports at all U.S. border crossings next year in hopes of avoiding a repeat of last summer's vacation-killing backlog of passport applications.

The Bush administration said yesterday that it opposed the measure and still plans to go forward with implementing the planned passport rule next summer.

Lawmakers said yesterday that under a major end-of-the-year spending bill to be voted on this week, the border passport rule would be moved back even further, to no earlier than June 1, 2009.

The first phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative went into effect this year, requiring U.S. travelers returning by plane from Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean to carry a passport. As a result of the new requirements, demand for passports soared, and the State Department issued a record 18.4 million passports in fiscal year 2007, compared with 12.1 million in 2006.

Consequently, wait times for passports ballooned from four to six weeks to 12 weeks, but they have since returned to normal.

Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., said the government should have more time to implement the law and “do it in a way that won't cause the same passport headaches we saw with the air travel requirement earlier this year.”

In border states like Coleman's, the new laws also have raised concerns that local trade and tourism will suffer. In response, the State Department plans to create “passcards,” or passport cards, which will cost less than half the nearly $100 charged for a passport.

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said the agency opposes the measure but doesn't believe it will actually stop their implementation plan for the border passport rule.

“A delay in WHTI implementation would create the very type of chaos at the border that Congress has repeatedly urged our department to avoid,” Knocke said.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative was passed by Congress as part of a 2004 intelligence reform bill.

As part of the initiative, an additional requirement for cross-border travelers will kick in next month.

As of Jan. 31, U.S. citizens age 19 or older who are using land or sea ports of entry will need to present photo identification and proof of citizenship. Children ages 18 and younger will be required to show only proof of citizenship.

Oral declarations of citizenship, currently accepted for U.S. citizens or Canadian travelers, will no longer be accepted. Instead, travelers will need to produce a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth or naturalization certificate (or, if one chooses, a passport).

Alguem
01-11-08, 05:00
I actually cut the rug at El Torito on Revolution now. Ever since Las Pulgas closed off the street side of the disco, it just gets louder and louder in there and my 51 year old ears can only handle so much of that. Besides, I need them for other things!How's El Torito as a place to hang out and maybe doing a little dancing. Nice place to take a bar girl after work? How's the food? I'm terrible at salsa but I'd be fine with rock en espanol or latin pop.

Have any other recommendations for nice restaurants or clubs to eat and hang out at?

Too much respect shown to the girls reveals a vulnerability unless you can turn it off as fast as you turn it on. Remember that.When meeting civilians at a bar or club, I see it's best to come of as polite, pay for the first round, etc. But are you seen as a chump if you continue to buy rounds for a girl sitting with you throughout the night or should she pay for any of the rounds?

What about if you're at a table with 2-3 girls and yourself socializing but there doesn't appear to be any committed interest yet, should you continue to buy? Since the girls seem to travel in packs at night spots, tends to be difficult to separate one out.

Country John
01-16-08, 01:27
How's El Torito as a place to hang out and maybe doing a little dancing. Nice place to take a bar girl after work? How's the food? I'm terrible at salsa but I'd be fine with rock en espanol or latin pop.

Have any other recommendations for nice restaurants or clubs to eat and hang out at?

El Torito is a Disco type place, with pop, rap and hip hop DJ's doing their thang. Salsa would be out of place. The food (during the day up to about 8PM) is typical Mexican fare. Nice restaurant? Well, they closed Antonios but maybe only for remodel. I don;t get into "fine dining" anymore. Fuck it. I like La Fogota for dinner and the bar for some great (and I mean great) live music. The place is cheap and the food is fresh.

When meeting civilians at a bar or club, I see it's best to come of as polite, pay for the first round, etc. But are you seen as a chump if you continue to buy rounds for a girl sitting with you throughout the night or should she pay for any of the rounds? If you have nothing going with the girl, then she pays for her own drinks. Just because she sits with you doesn't mean she doesn't have other options and it doesn't mean you have to pay. Usually everyone takes a turn buying a round at the table if everyone at the table are friends. If, on the other hand she's making them "big eyes" at you and later you and her will slip away for something a bit more private, then you can decide whether to pay the freight from there on out or not.

What about if you're at a table with 2-3 girls and yourself socializing but there doesn't appear to be any committed interest yet, should you continue to buy? Since the girls seem to travel in packs at night spots, tends to be difficult to separate one out. NEVER buy when the "pack" moves in. NEVER. NEVER. Its the oldest trick in the girley game book. Make them buy their next drink, then if they are sticking around, start with the round robin (or as they say in Australia "Shout") system.

Just because they got the gear, don't go stoopid on me and start spending a half weeks pay on drinks for them until they get some skin in it. There are LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS in TJ. LOTS. Don't worry about it. Don't be played for a chump. Send the message that: "Yeah, you're hot but so am I so don't worry about it." They'll either catch on or move on.

Country John

Alguem
01-17-08, 00:50
El Torito is a Disco type place, with pop, rap and hip hop DJ's doing their thang. Salsa would be out of place. The food (during the day up to about 8PM) is typical Mexican fare. Since I saw earlier posts about Las Pulgas, I was thinking the place across the street was El Torito. Walked over to Las Pulgas on Sat and realized I was thinking about Tijuana Tia's or Tilly's. Something like that. Looked like a restaurant that might turn into a club at night. Lots of restaurants in LA turn into a cozy club environment at night.

Nice restaurant? Well, they closed Antonios but maybe only for remodel. I don;t get into "fine dining" anymore. Fuck it. I like La Fogota for dinner and the bar for some great (and I mean great) live music. The place is cheap and the food is fresh.A girl was touting good food at La Fogota, so gotta check that out then. They're the place that serves lots of carne, like an Argentine/Brazilian place, right? I might be confusing places.

I wasn't looking for something real ritzy, but places with nicer atmosphere and pretty decent food. One girl took me to her fav place which was Negro Durasso, and I didn't think it was anything great. Guess I'm too used to US levels.

NEVER buy when the "pack" moves in. NEVER. NEVER. Its the oldest trick in the girley game book. Make them buy their next drink, then if they are sticking around, start with the round robin (or as they say in Australia "Shout") system.When I've looked into Las Pulgas on a weekend night, the place has looked packed! But I haven't gone in yet to test the waters. I've come to realize that Mexicanos appreciate respect and politeness (since they don't experience it much from gringos) but then, I just want to make sure I have the right balance, so that I don't go overboard and look like a sucker.

Just want to know what is the correct protocol in such situations from you seasoned vets before they happen. Any other tips on mexican social protocol?

Send the message that: "Yeah, you're hot but so am I so don't worry about it." They'll either catch on or move on.Thanks for the tips.

Chocha Monger
11-13-09, 15:52
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33896614/ns/world_news-americas/

Country John
07-12-11, 00:36
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33896614/ns/world_news-americas/Here's how it breaks down:

Carlos Slim owns:

Condumex, SEARS / Sanbornes, Prodigy Internet, Telcel, Telmex, Inbursa, Bachoco and Porcelanite.

Emilio Azcarrega owns:

Estadio Azteca, Cablevision, Grupo Televisa, Sky and Clubes America & Necaxa.

Lorenzo Zambrano owns:

Wal-Mart / Sams, Aurrera Superama.

Eugenio Garza owns:

Coca Cola Mexico, Grupo Alfa and OXXO.

The list goes on, but these are the big time players.

All interesting people with a lot of juice and more than their share of skeletons in their closets I am sure.

BomaeffedoBut
07-17-11, 14:33
Check our offer:

Taxi Balice (http://www.krakowairporttransfers1.pl/)

We provide the best bust transfer from aitport to city center in Cracow and other biggest Polish cities

Big John 1
07-22-11, 04:07
Check our offer:

Taxi Balice (http://www.krakowairporttransfers1.pl/)

We provide the best bust transfer from aitport to city center in Cracow and other biggest Polish citiesThis report should be under Eastern Europe or Poland NOT Mexico!

Big John 1
08-30-11, 00:01
Just rented one, furnished, not bad 4 blocks beach. 3 blocks to collectivo 16pesos to Tijuana, not bad $200 total includes utilties, no lease, $50 deposit, many around, near Tijuana, but definitely away from hassle and collectivos every 15 to 25 minutes day or night to and from Tijuana just walk around signs on places, telephone poles, there are many. Dating a regular chica here but can escape to Tijuana sometimes. I recommend over cheap Tijuana apts, looked there also better value and areas in Rosarito for money. Big John

Yellow Bus
09-23-11, 20:58
"Just rented one, furnished, not bad 4 blocks beach. 3 blocks to collectivo 16pesos to Tijuana, not bad $200 total includes utilties, no lease, $50 deposit, many around, near Tijuana,"

Hello, Big John 1, Can you post pics? What do you get for just $200? Do you have internet?

Big John 1
09-23-11, 21:14
"Just rented one, furnished, not bad 4 blocks beach. 3 blocks to collectivo 16pesos to Tijuana, not bad $200 total includes utilties, no lease, $50 deposit, many around, near Tijuana,"

Hello, Big John 1, Can you post pics? What do you get for just $200? Do you have internet?Sorry no digital camera so no pictures. The place has 3 small rooms. A gas stove 2 burners. Good double bed. Small living room. Hot water very unusual in cheap places. If you look there are places for even $100, but pretty bad. My place was advertised in Spanish on side of telephone pole! Most of cheap places word of mouth. The area I live in would be hard for non Spanish speaker. If I can help, write again, Bigjohn

Yellow Bus
10-20-11, 05:30
Does your place come with internet?

Yellow Bus
10-24-11, 20:49
Do you own a car? Do you keep your car in Mexico or some where else?

DJ FourMoney
01-22-12, 05:28

Hello, Big John 1, Can you post pics? What do you get for just $200? Do you have internet?Some of these places you can find on the internet.

I found an 2 Bedroom Apt just across the boarder in Mexicali for $350 a month, has central AC.

You may get a room in a seedy part of Los Angeles for that much.

Carroll6
03-17-12, 06:19
Some of these places you can find on the internet.

I found an 2 Bedroom Apt just across the boarder in Mexicali for $350 a month, has central AC.

You may get a room in a seedy part of Los Angeles for that much.I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.

Artisttyp
03-17-12, 07:00
I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.Try expatforum.Com. They have a decent group of people on there who share information relevant to your needs.

Good Luck.

Another thing you can do is Google " Mexico Forum / Merida " The info is out there. You just need to know how to work the search engine.

Black Sheep
03-19-12, 15:29
If your Spanish is up to it, try mundoanuncio or vivastreet. All sorts of real estate and not aimed at affluent foreigners.

Nibu Raphael
12-08-12, 02:06
HI I go there all the time its very safe security by police and private security. I been there on many differnt nights. Never though made it on ladies nights on wedsdays or weekends. I have got a few numbers from there too. I also sometimes go to Black Bull Mermaids and the poll bar next door on 8th.

Also great food joints outside of Las Pulgas too.

Ok Usually I go on nights toowhen no cover charge as beers are only 15 pesos. When they have cover charge its anywhere from 50 to 200 pesos. Never had problems there. They make sure to watch out for everyone thats all I know.

If any of you need more info on Las Pulgas then post here or pm me as I been here close to 15 times already. They always too close at 6 am. I usually stay too not far from here.

Ok I wait here, Adios Guys, Nibu.

Hi CJ,

Can you give an update on Las Pulgas? I would be travelling solo, is it still safe for a gringo there. I speak Spanish well with a good accent, but look like a gringo. I behave, am generous with the ladies, don't challenge the local males, and am not obnoxious. I also have an awareness of Mexican politeness (that generally Norteamericanos have not mastered). Hope you and your lady can join me for beers-

DJ FourMoney
08-21-14, 08:58
I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.You need to be on the ground and here's why -.

Latin America as a whole does not have the heavy internet preparation that North America and Europe have. So people are not dependent on it as we are (maybe overdependent). You can find the best deals the traditional ways; driving around, asking a friend / acquaintance, asking a local, community boards, local newspaper. These things are more in use than the internet at this point.

Merida is popular in expat circles. Best deals are going to be found on the ground, get on a plane.

Beavis
08-21-14, 18:06
I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.I lived in Merida a few years ago. To begin with forget the live on $500 a month scenario. You can find plenty of nice houses for rent in the $200-$400 range. I lived in the area known as Francisco de Montejo which is north of town on the way to Progreso. Merida is probably one of the safest places to live in Mexico. Also they speak very slowly and clearly as opposed to states like Campeche and Tabasco. Plenty of pretty women that would love to have a foreign boyfriend and just as easy to pick up normal girls. Casas de citas are everywhere and change every day. Find a taxi driver and he can hook you up. Winters are nice, summers are almost unbearable with the heat. Pretty easy to get around also, city is laid out like a piece of graph paper. Also lots of good restaurants but the ones downtown where the tourists gather are a lot more expensive. I used to love to eat at Las Jirafas in my neighborhood. The local brewery makes two good beers, "Montejo" and amber beer and "Leon" a darker beer. Montejo is my favorite Mexican beer of all.

Paul C
01-12-15, 05:04
Hi all. I'm considering getting a Sentri card, moving to Tijuana on a permanent basis and commuting daily to SD (Old Town area). I wanted to get your guys' opinion on how an Asian guy might be treated, specifically regarding:

1. Safety, run-ins with police, etc. I imagine I'll stick out with my yellow face and it won't help that my yellow face sticks out. How big of an issue are extortion, shakedowns, and theft / muggings on the street? Is getting an apartment with gated parking a must?

2. Dating (non-P4 P). From what I see, online dating doesn't seem very big in Tijuana so it looks like I'll have to do the majority of my approaches offline. Assuming I get my Spanish up to an intermediate level, are Tijuana women receptive to Asians?

Would appreciate any and all input. Does anyone feels strongly that I should just live in SD and only visit Tijuana when needed, given my ethnicity and / or commute?

Storm Rider #2
10-04-15, 23:48
Hi all. I'm considering getting a Sentri card, moving to Tijuana on a permanent basis and commuting daily to SD (Old Town area). I wanted to get your guys' opinion on how an Asian guy might be treated, specifically regarding:

1. Safety, run-ins with police, etc. I imagine I'll stick out with my yellow face and it won't help that my yellow face sticks out. How big of an issue are extortion, shakedowns, and theft / muggings on the street? Is getting an apartment with gated parking a must?

2. Dating (non-P4 P). From what I see, online dating doesn't seem very big in Tijuana so it looks like I'll have to do the majority of my approaches offline. Assuming I get my Spanish up to an intermediate level, are Tijuana women receptive to Asians?

Would appreciate any and all input. Does anyone feels strongly that I should just live in SD and only visit Tijuana when needed, given my ethnicity and / or commute?If by yellow, you mean that you're Asian, you won't stick out that much. Asians are the one of the largest minority populations in Mexico. Quite a few have emigrated to border towns. Gated parking by all means. Don't know about receptiveness, but I doubt that it'll mean much to them other that the cash in hand.

Gagoo
04-06-16, 08:47

Would appreciate any and all input. Does anyone feels strongly that I should just live in SD and only visit Tijuana when needed, given my ethnicity and / or commute?I don't know if you were joking a little calling yourself or other Asians yellow. There are lots of Asian men going to the bars in Tijuana. If you go to the Hong Kong bar, many times Asian men will be almost half of the customers.

My mother is Asian, and my father a white country boy that met my mom in the Vietnam war. I was told they met innocently.

I got plenty of Mexican girls that say they like Asian men. Of course some will say anything to a customer. But from my travels in Central and South America and the Caribbean, I've had a lot of women like me and the women are not shy to walk around the streets holding my hand or kissing me in public, or travel with me to other cities or countries. And in Asia the women liked this half Asian man. In the Dominican Republic I was quite popular. The stereotype will be you are smart and have money and probably own a business. But, when they think you have money that can be a problem.

I don't have the Sentri card, but I would still think the hassle of crossing the boarder every day would be quite a hassle.

I just crossed the border today and they sent me to secondary inspection, those fuckers.

Also, in Tijuana lots of people speak some English.

The only time I was discriminated against was some young boy in Grenada, Nicaragua last year. I was eating and he said give me some dollars, and I said no. Then he said out loud 'look at the Chino' 'Chino, Chino, Chino' but the adults just pretended they didn't hear the boy. Then the dumb boy asked me for dollars again. Then I said this Chino has dollars and you don't.

Captain Solo
04-06-16, 16:34
Tijuana's weather is warm, dry, pleasant, not hot and humid like Yucatan.

Nice, clean apartments with 2 bedrooms in nice, green, safe areas are about $300-400 within half mile of the border. You can walk across the border back to the US for medical or other services. With Sentri card, driving or crossing back average about 10-15 minutes.

Tijuana also has the largest number of beautiful young girls working in bars and streets with fairly low costs. Far better than all other cities in Mexico I know.

I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.

Gagoo
04-07-16, 20:55
I keep looking around on all the expat sites."Live in Thailand for $500 a month". One thing I am looking for on these forums is a place to stay. A long term hotel or inexpensive apartment, and where they are! The online classifieds just show the high dollar places. Specifically, I am looking at Merida, Mexico. Where. And how do you find affordable housing? The stuff online is just as expensive as the States.Any reason for choosing Meridia? It's an OK place, safe, has a place like a Walmart, has some mongering and not far from the beach, but I can't think of much else to do there. It's not far from lots of the old ruins, and has a nice central downtown area. But, it gets really hot there for many months. I noticed my hotel there was the fastest I seen in Mexico though, except one of the VIP lounges at the Mexico City airport.

I don't think $500 a month is going to give you a happy, fulfilled life.

If I had to choose a city to live in for awhile, I'd choose Guadalajara myself. People in Guadalajara are friendly, and seem to be hip, and up to date with current trends of the world. Guadalajara even has a Best Buy electronics store. The only one I seen in Mexico. I'm sure they probably have more. I've even seen a Cheesecake Factory at the same shopping center as Best Buy. I think Walmart is in the same area. There are lots of beautiful historical sites to see, and lots of 'massage' places.

I just wish Guadalajara had something like Adelitas and Hong Kong bar. Guadalajara has many direct flights to the USA though.

Old Parr
04-07-16, 21:54
Any reason for choosing Meridia? It's an OK place, safe, has a place like a Walmart, has some mongering and not far from the beach, but I can't think of much else to do there. It's not far from lots of the old ruins, and has a nice central downtown area. But, it gets really hot there for many months. I noticed my hotel there was the fastest I seen in Mexico though, except one of the VIP lounges at the Mexico City airport.

I don't think $500 a month is going to give you a happy, fulfilled life.

If I had to choose a city to live in for awhile, I'd choose Guadalajara myself. People in Guadalajara are friendly, and seem to be hip, and up to date with current trends of the world. Guadalajara even has a Best Buy electronics store. The only one I seen in Mexico. I'm sure they probably have more. I've even seen a Cheesecake Factory at the same shopping center as Best Buy. I think Walmart is in the same area. There are lots of beautiful historical sites to see, and lots of 'massage' places.

I just wish Guadalajara had something like Adelitas and Hong Kong bar. Guadalajara has many direct flights to the USA though.I have had a home in Puerto Vallarta for over 20 years so I have a good knowledge of all areas of the country, and your post above is absolutely correct, especially the part about Meridian being hot. The heat is torture in this city. I also have to agree with you about 500 dollars a month, as it cannot be done unless you want to live in complete poverty on the verge of being living on the streets. My recommendation even though it is bias is to come to Puerto Vallarta as it offers everything you would need, and housing can be had for 150 to 200 dollars a month in areas just outside the city of Puerto Vallarta. If I can be of help to you send me a personal message, but you have to find a way to increase your budget to 1000 dollars a month or so to have some type of comfort.

Dickhead
04-08-16, 00:44
I second the Guadalajara recommendation. I lived there for six months. Puerto Vallarta is pretty fucken A hot too. I think Puebla might work for a lot of people too. High altitude cuts the heat and the narcos are not too entrenched.

Old Parr
04-08-16, 01:22
I second the Guadalajara recommendation. I lived there for six months. Puerto Vallarta is pretty fucken A hot too. I think Puebla might work for a lot of people too. High altitude cuts the heat and the narcos are not too entrenched.Yes Senor Dickhead who is one of my favorite posters on the forum because of his vast knowledge is correct about the heat in Puerto Vallarta. For me personally, the heat does not bother me. It starts getting hot in May, and will continue to be hot and humid here until mid November. July and August is also the rainy season, and we generally get a late afternoon rain around 4 pm that at times can be classified as a down pour. Despite the heat, in my opinion it is the greatest city in the world for a variety of reasons, which is why I have maintained a home here in Puerto Vallarta for over 20 years. It is a big city, but has a small city atmosphere to it. If you want me to elaborate more send me a personal message.

Gagoo
04-08-16, 06:11
Yes Senor Dickhead who is one of my favorite posters on the forum because of his vast knowledge is correct about the heat in Puerto Vallarta. For me personally, the heat does not bother me. It starts getting hot in May, and will continue to be hot and humid here until mid November. July and August is also the rainy season, and we generally get a late afternoon rain around 4 pm that at times can be classified as a down pour. Despite the heat, in my opinion it is the greatest city in the world for a variety of reasons, which is why I have maintained a home here in Puerto Vallarta for over 20 years. It is a big city, but has a small city atmosphere to it. If you want me to elaborate more send me a personal message.Another reason I like Guadalajara is driving or taking a bus to somewhere else is fairly easy. I made the drive to Tequila twice, and driving to other areas, or even Puerto Plata isn't too unreasonable. Puerto Plata happens to be one of the few places I haven't been though. Driving a car in GDL isn't too hard. Lots of decent towns within driving distance. No beach, or fishing trips in GDL though. That's where Puerto Plata has GDL beat.

Dickhead
04-08-16, 06:53
All those beach towns are way too fucking hot for my pink Irish ass. I like the central highlands. San Luis Potosí is nice, a good size, not too big nor too small, about 5500 feet in elevation IIRC, not too many narcos. BTW here are the latest income / asset requirements for a retiree visa:

Temporary: $25,880 in assets or $1,553 in verifiable monthly income.

Permanent: $105,523 in assets or $2,588 in verifiable monthly income.

Gagoo
04-19-16, 09:04
All those beach towns are way too fucking hot for my pink Irish ass. I like the central highlands. San Luis Potos is nice, a good size, not too big nor too small, about 5500 feet in elevation IIRC, not too many narcos. BTW here are the latest income / asset requirements for a retiree visa:

Temporary: $25,880 in assets or $1,553 in verifiable monthly income.

Permanent: $105,523 in assets or $2,588 in verifiable monthly income.It looks like a nice place. I haven't seen any decent reports on the place. Any lady action there?

NewPlayer
05-06-16, 07:11
I live in the Gulf area in the United States. I've been doing all of my mongering in Germany FKK clubs. I'm thinking about switching the scene to Mexico since it's much closer and more convenient. Can the local tell me where is the best place to go? When I say best, I'm referring to the quality of women, both in terms of looks and service levels. I actually put more emphasis on looks. Also what about prices. What should a newbie to Mexico expect? Thanks for the response.

LifeIsABeach
07-12-16, 04:31
Mexico also offers easy residence for North Americans—if it didn't, how could the nearly one million USA Citizens who live there do it? With a visitor permit, you can spend nearly six months in the country: plenty of time to suss out great retirement spots like Tulúm and San Miguel de Allende. If you want to stay longer, Mexico's residence visas are extremely popular and straight-forward.

"You can get a temporary resident visa that's valid for up to four years," says IL Mexico Editor Glynna Prentice. "And you only need to show a monthly income of about $1,300.

"But the real winner is Mexico's permanent visa. You have to show a slightly higher income—about $2,100 a month. But you can get a permanent visa right from the get-go—you don't need a temporary visa first. It's a one-time application process, and the visa is valid indefinitely. And with either residence visa, those aged 60 or over can get a pensioner's card and qualify for discounts from 5% to 50% on a whole range of goods and services. ".

Dickhead
07-12-16, 05:54
"And you only need to show a monthly income of about $1,300. But the real winner is Mexico's permanent visa. You have to show a slightly higher income"$1,553 and $2,588 last time I checked, and they will also accept assets in lieu of income: $25,880 for the four year and $105,523 for the permanent.

RdKing
10-09-16, 02:26
Hello all,

I'll be in Mexico for about the next year. I have no experience with the hobby outside of the states. What are some good resources for ads? I'll be in the Cordoba area. Any info is appreciated. Feel free to PM.

===============================================

Greetings,

It appears from your post that you don't quite understand the Forum's Private Message service.

To use the Forum's Private Message service, both you and the Forum Member you are trying to contact must be either a subscriber or a Senior Member.

For more information, please read: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/ISG_Payments.php

If you cannot afford $20 dollars to buy a subscription, then perhaps you can convince another forum member to purchase a subscription for you.

Jackson

RdKing
10-12-16, 11:37
Hello all,

I'll be in Mexico for about the next year. I have no experience with the hobby outside of the states. What are some good resources for ads? I'll be in the Cordoba area. Any info is appreciated.

Smoothee
10-14-16, 04:03
Hello,

New to Mexico. Anybody want to have a beer?

===============================================

Greetings,

Here's how to contact other forum members.

1. Buy a subscription.

2. Send them a Private Message.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/custompages.php?pageid=Subscriptions

Thanks,

Jackson

Travv
05-24-19, 05:26
In late December, Kathy Machir called Marcela Zavala Taylor, her banker of nine years at Mexico's Monex Casa de Bolsa, to get cash for contractors building her retirement home in San Miguel de Allende. Typically, Zavala would wire money or dispatch her assistant, Juan, on his motorcycle with an envelope full of pesos. Monex, with $5. 2 billion in assets and operations in the USA, was woven into the lives of Machir and the 10,000 other Americans who've moved to San Miguel de Allende.

The transfer didn't happen. Juan didn't show, Zavala didn't return calls, and Kathy and Jim Machir discovered that their nest egg was gone. When the Machirs and other San Miguel expatriates met with Monex officials in early January, the bankers told some of them that about $40 million was missing from as many as 158 accounts, many belonging to English-speaking Americans. A dozen people interviewed by Bloomberg News say that bank statements Zavala sent them purporting to show full accounts were apparently falsified. Most say the bank has told them little since they filed complaints, and some say Monex tried to settle for far less than the balances owed. When they told us we had 6 pesos or 32 ¢ in our accounts, I just felt sick to my stomach, Kathy Machir says. Since then, they have not dealt with us in good faith.

. . A notarized letter that Karger's attorney sent to top Monex executives on April 15 lists 12 allegations of fraud, including transferring money to people whom the depositors didn't know, making unauthorized investments, and changing account login information. If a relatively low-level employee can go into your account, change your email address for notifications, change your password, redirect deposits, withdrawals, and wire transfers, Karger says, then you have a kindergarten-level security system safeguarding tens of millions of dollars.

Full article:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/expats-millions-in-life-savings-disappear-from-mexican-accounts

To quote Otter: You Fuxxed Up! You trusted us!

ICantGetNo
09-22-19, 04:49
Age of Consent vs Age of Majority

=============================================

Greetings Gentlemen,

The Age of Consent is the age in which girls can participate in consensual, non-commercial sex with their teen-age boyfriend without said teen-age boyfriend being charged with statutory rape.

However, the Age of Consent is irrelevant to the members of this forum.

What you need to focus on is the Age of Majority, which among other things is the age in which they can vote, get married, enlist in the military, and participate in commercial sex activities.

Please exercise caution and govern yourself accordingly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Yitucemo
04-20-20, 12:19
Hi all,

3 weeks ago I said 'hasta la vista' to the US, left SF and am now in Oaxaca.

I mostly work from home. I have a neat small apartment here, and mostly go out for walks and to restaurants, however, daily I notice that more and more restaurants are closing.

I've romanticized about getting a green, off-grid kind of home, somewhere safe, where I am independent, self-sustaining and control my own power, water, and food, through solar, water on the land, and a growing food.

I know, not the best time to be looking for a place, with all the restaurants closing, kinda feel I got to make a move.

Been debating where to go, as a single, 49 year old guy.

I contacted someone in Puerto Vallarta. She said the beaches were closed and seemed other places were too, like here. Looking elsewhere.

I'm open to other areas, even countries, just want to be away from 5 G towers. I'm seeing that many borders in LatAm and other counties are closed to foreigners.

Anyone have any ideas where to go, either here in Mexico, or elsewhere that has open borders?

Zman429
04-21-20, 10:50
Hi all,

I mostly work from home. I have a neat small apartment here, and mostly go out for walks and to restaurants, however, daily I notice that more and more restaurants are closing.

I've romanticized about getting a green, off-grid kind of home, somewhere safe, where I am independent, self-sustaining and control my own power, water, and food, through solar, water on the land, and a growing food.

I know, not the best time to be looking for a place, with all the restaurants closing, kinda feel I got to make a move.

I contacted someone in Puerto Vallarta. She said the beaches were closed and seemed other places were too, like here. Looking elsewhere.

I'm open to other areas, even countries, just want to be away from 5 G towers. I'm seeing that many borders in LatAm and other counties are closed to foreigners.

Anyone have any ideas where to go, either here in Mexico, or elsewhere that has open borders?I strongly suggest staying put until things start opening up. Many people have gotten stuck or stranding doing this.

PVMonger
04-21-20, 13:02
Hi all,

Anyone have any ideas where to go, either here in Mexico, or elsewhere that has open borders?My two cents is simply to stay put for the next 30-60 days. I live in Puerto Vallarta and, yes, the beaches are closed and most everybody is in lockdown until the end of May.

Even though you screwed the pooch as far as timing goes, just relax and chill until things get back to more normal.

However, it is my personal opinion that things will not "get back to the old normal" until AFTER there's a vaccine.

BodyAnybody
04-21-20, 21:28
However, it is my personal opinion that things will not "get back to the old normal" until AFTER there's a vaccine.If that turns out to be the case, we have a generation of depression to look forward to.

Artisttyp
04-21-20, 22:54
Hi all,

Anyone have any ideas where to go, either here in Mexico, or elsewhere that has open borders?I was just in Oaxaca last summer. I agree with the others to stay put. Oaxaca is a reasonably stable region minus the protests and there is a thriving expat community in case you need to support each other.

Otherwise you must be bored out of your mind. Even at full swing Oaxaca City is good for only a few days.

I can almost bet you with 99% assurance you won't be better off anyplace else right now.

TurdyCurdyOne
04-22-20, 02:28
In late December, Kathy Machir called Marcela Zavala Taylor, her banker of nine years at Mexico's Monex Casa de Bolsa, to get cash for contractors building her retirement home in San Miguel de Allende. Typically, Zavala would wire money or dispatch her assistant, Juan, on his motorcycle with an envelope full of pesos. Monex, with $5. 2 billion in assets and operations in the USA, was woven into the lives of Machir and the 10,000 other Americans who've moved to San Miguel de Allende.

The transfer didn't happen. Juan didn't show, Zavala didn't return calls, and Kathy and Jim Machir discovered that their nest egg was gone. When the Machirs and other San Miguel expatriates met with Monex officials in early January, the bankers told some of them that about $40 million was missing from as many as 158 accounts, many belonging to English-speaking Americans. A dozen people interviewed by Bloomberg News say that bank statements Zavala sent them purporting to show full accounts were apparently falsified. Most say the bank has told them little since they filed complaints, and some say Monex tried to settle for far less than the balances owed. When they told us we had 6 pesos or 32 in our accounts, I just felt sick to my stomach, Kathy Machir says. Since then, they have not dealt with us in good faith.Does not surprise me in the least. Mexico is a corrupt, drug lord run, scamming Cun_try.

I just transferred most of my money out of my Philippines account back to the USA because the Philippines is equally corrupt and untrustworthy. Especially now with that lunatic Dut_turdtay running his scam virus against his own people and shutting everything down, including most banks. Last time banks failed here in the P. I. It took some account holders months and months to get their supposedly gov. Insured money back. Some still have not got it. Banks cannot be trusted, bottom line.

Black Sheep
04-24-20, 21:41
I was just in Oaxaca last summer. I agree with the others to stay put. Oaxaca is a reasonably stable region minus the protests and there is a thriving expat community in case you need to support each other.

Otherwise you must be bored out of your mind. Even at full swing Oaxaca City is good for only a few days.

I can almost bet you with 99% assurance you won't be better off anyplace else right now.I have lived in Oax for the last 19 years. Stay cool for now. At this time there is no better place to be. Give it a year, and if you have a bit of $, you should be able to get a very nice place cheaply.

JohnReter335
06-25-20, 09:31
Does not surprise me in the least. Mexico is a corrupt, drug lord run, scamming Cun_try.

I just transferred most of my money out of my Philippines account back to the USA because the Philippines is equally corrupt and untrustworthy. Especially now with that lunatic Dut_turdtay running his scam virus against his own people and shutting everything down, including most banks. Last time banks failed here in the P. I. It took some account holders months and months to get their supposedly gov. Insured money back. Some still have not got it. Banks cannot be trusted, bottom line.I have seen corruption but this is a new level for me. I mean is everyone sleeping nobody catches these people.

MikkyRobert
05-31-22, 19:42
[Personal message deleted by Admin]

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers.

Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You

Coca Cvs
08-11-23, 20:09
Seriously considering it. Been looking at a wide range of places from Tijuana, to Mexico city, Guadalajara. Looking for a change of pace. Cost of living isn't a problem for me and isn't a motivating factor on why I want to leave the US. I can comfortably afford to live in the US, but I simply want to try something new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Questner
08-12-23, 02:32
Seriously considering it. Been looking at a wide range of places from Tijuana, to Mexico city, Guadalajara. Looking for a change of pace. Cost of living isn't a problem for me and isn't a motivating factor on why I want to leave the US. I can comfortably afford to live in the US, but I simply want to try something new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.This may help: https://nomadlist.com/ CDMX is #13 on the list.

John Clayton
08-12-23, 03:53
Seriously considering it. Been looking at a wide range of places from Tijuana, to Mexico city, Guadalajara. Looking for a change of pace. Cost of living isn't a problem for me and isn't a motivating factor on why I want to leave the US. I can comfortably afford to live in the US, but I simply want to try something new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Many people do it. Mexican retirement residency is very easy to get. I know people who have lived in tourist towns of Mexico for more than twenty years and still, amazingly, don't speak any Spanish. The local joke about San Miguel de Allende is that it is the most beautiful city in the US.

Explorer8939
08-12-23, 06:59
For a first timer, living in Tijuana is a good option. You can run back to the US quickly if you have problems. Crime is an ongoing problem, though, particularly break-ins.

MexicanCuban
08-12-23, 07:24
Seriously considering it. Been looking at a wide range of places from Tijuana, to Mexico city, Guadalajara. Looking for a change of pace. Cost of living isn't a problem for me and isn't a motivating factor on why I want to leave the US. I can comfortably afford to live in the US, but I simply want to try something new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Hi Coca Cvs.

As a Mexican who has lived and visited the whole country, I could tell try to give you some helpful info.

Guadalajara / Zapopan is a big city but not as chaotic as Mexico City, people are nicer and chicks are hotter. Lots ot college chicks for sugar dating. The only problem is when the Local cartel gets angry because some boss gets arrested and they block avenues and set trucks on fire. Like once a year it happens.

San miguel Allende as someone mentioned is a small town but very beautiful, lots of ofreing people live there and visit there, along with hot chicks from the upper mexican class visit there.

Mazatlan is cool, by the ocean, great food, hot chicks and tourism from mexico and a few from the US and Canada. Not expensive.

LOS cabos is expensive but a nice place to live, lots of foreign tourism. Just an occassional hurricane once a year. That guy from Van Halen sammy haggar lives there since like 30-40 years ago, has his own tequila and cabo wabo joint, throws a great party once a year (he invites other rocks stars like slash).

Merida (in yucatan) lately has been in fashion, not much crime, lots of sun and just a couple of hours drive from cancun and the whole mayan riviera.

Not sure what you're looking for, small town or big? Lots or few of mongering options? Valley, beach or mountain? Lets us know and well gladly tell you some of the best options according to us.

Jdweeb
09-07-23, 07:41
Hi Coca Cvs.

As a Mexican who has lived and visited the whole country, I could tell try to give you some helpful info.

Guadalajara / Zapopan is a big city but not as chaotic as Mexico City, people are nicer and chicks are hotter. Lots ot college chicks for sugar dating. The only problem is when the Local cartel gets angry because some boss gets arrested and they block avenues and set trucks on fire. Like once a year it happens.

San miguel Allende as someone mentioned is a small town but very beautiful, lots of ofreing people live there and visit there, along with hot chicks from the upper mexican class visit there.

Mazatlan is cool, by the ocean, great food, hot chicks and tourism from mexico and a few from the US and Canada. Not expensive.

LOS cabos is expensive but a nice place to live, lots of foreign tourism. Just an occassional hurricane once a year. That guy from Van Halen sammy haggar lives there since like 30-40 years ago, has his own tequila and cabo wabo joint, throws a great party once a year (he invites other rocks stars like slash).

Merida (in yucatan) lately has been in fashion, not much crime, lots of sun and just a couple of hours drive from cancun and the whole mayan riviera.

Not sure what you're looking for, small town or big? Lots or few of mongering options? Valley, beach or mountain? Lets us know and well gladly tell you some of the best options according to us.Good info, thanks.