PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Run Mann
08-10-14, 19:18
Imperial Residence at the corner of Beach Road and Soi 10.

I've stayed there once and it was good. Luxurious and very spacious rooms. A bit above my budget though. I believe I payed 2000 per night but that was around Christmas so the highest of high season.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297916-d1925211-Reviews-Imperial_Residence-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html

They don't seem to have their own web site, strangely enough.They do have a website but it seems to be more offline than on and many of the links are broken. But their contact info is on the main page.

http://www.imperialresident.com/

Mogwai
08-11-14, 09:02
They do have a website but it seems to be more offline than on and many of the links are broken. But their contact info is on the main page.

http://www.imperialresident.com/This web site popped up in my Google results yesterday but it was blocked by my antivirus software, stating it was a dangerous site.

Today it's not blocked but my antivirus is still giving some warnings.

So be careful. Please note also the incorrect spelling: the hotel is named Imperial Residence, not Resident. So the site might as well be fake.

Run Mann
08-11-14, 13:18
This web site popped up in my Google results yesterday but it was blocked by my antivirus software, stating it was a dangerous site.

Today it's not blocked but my antivirus is still giving some warnings.

So be careful. Please note also the incorrect spelling: the hotel is named Imperial Residence, not Resident. So the site might as well be fake.Sometimes I get those same warnings for ISG and other sites with no harm to my PC. However, the pictures are the exact likeness of the hotel and more importantly the address/phone number on the page is correct if anyone wants to contact them.

Redfield10
08-13-14, 06:58
Is Areca still guest friendly? When inquiring about a reservation I read this:

Terms & rates policy.

All room rates are inclusive of buffet breakfast, taxes and service charge.

Extra person (6 years above) is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.

Extra bed is charged THB 600 per bed per night and is inclusive of buffet breakfast.

ActionOriented
08-13-14, 14:47

Terms & rates policy.

Extra person (6 years above) is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.

Extra bed is charged THB 600 per bed per night and is inclusive of buffet breakfast.I think it is still GF, the reason for the extra charge (of THB 500) is for a third person. So long as you book the room on a double occupancy basis, there should be no problem in getting one girl back. You may have to pay joiner fee for the second girl (i. e. the third person in the room).

David 2
08-14-14, 08:04

Terms & rates policy.

Extra bed is charged THB 600 per bed per night and is inclusive of buffet breakfast.I can confirm that it's still guest friendly. I'm at Areca now, and many of their patrons bring guests back. They do collect the guest's Identification card, and it's returned when they leave the building.

Mile4444
08-15-14, 20:22
Hi people,

I would need some help for my stay location. Please advice;. I am planning my trip for November, and am looking for a place to stay. At the moment I have the following choices:

Jasmin Hotel.

Qeen Victoria Inn.

Swiss food restaurant.

What I'm looking for: Best would be an apartment (With separated sleeping room, so 2 Rooms at least) or a big 1 room (Since I can't find an apartment in the action). Must have is AC and to be clean (no insects). It should be quiet if possible. GF of course. And I love to party, all nights, so close to the club action preferred! .

Price range: up to 1600 baht would be my limit.

Also, my alternative location (if you don't recommend any of those above) would be Sunshine residence.

Please help me out on this one.

Thanks

Marteau
08-15-14, 22:31
You should looking here also!

http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/home.html

Hi people,

I would need some help for my stay location. Please advice;. I am planning my trip for November, and am looking for a place to stay. At the moment I have the following choices:

Jasmin Hotel.

Qeen Victoria Inn.

Swiss food restaurant.

What I'm looking for: Best would be an apartment (With separated sleeping room, so 2 Rooms at least) or a big 1 room (Since I can't find an apartment in the action). Must have is AC and to be clean (no insects). It should be quiet if possible. GF of course. And I love to party, all nights, so close to the club action preferred! .

Also, my alternative location (if you don't recommend any of those above) would be Sunshine residence.

Thanks

ActionOriented
08-16-14, 05:49
Hi people,

Jasmin Hotel.

Qeen Victoria Inn.

Swiss food restaurant.

ThanksYou can check out the condos on View Talay 6 (close to the mall and soi 6), may be a little out of your budget, but worth checking out. You can book through Honey's Coffee shop website, if interested.

Jgm005
08-17-14, 02:11
As one who ALWAYS uses Honey's you maybe hard pressed to find a condo available in November. I booked one more than month ago and there was very few available. But give it a try. Also, dancewatchers, has a few condos at the 1600 bt per night level but overall Honeys is much better to book through.

You can check out the condos on View Talay 6 (close to the mall and soi 6), may be a little out of your budget, but worth checking out. You can book through Honey's Coffee shop website, if interested.

Tiered
08-19-14, 02:38
Planing to book for Sept. In the Lk the Empress any thouts and advise my budget is up to 2800 daily I term of standards and location.

Thanks

Gaolei
08-19-14, 03:00
This is a good hotel. It is a bit more expensive than most, but rooms, location and breakfast are all excellent.

Cosmic30
08-19-14, 16:08
This is a good hotel. It is a bit more expensive than most, but rooms, location and breakfast are all excellent.I was in LK Empress in March 2014 and after 5 days I changed to Sea me Spring.

Soi 10 is much nicer. Better service, rooftop pool, . Empress has a no-working shower, ants, stains on the seats, not so nice reception etc.

Booked again in sea me srping too, coming September.

Allover
08-19-14, 16:17
As one who ALWAYS uses Honey's you maybe hard pressed to find a condo available in November. I booked one more than month ago and there was very few available. But give it a try. Also, dancewatchers, has a few condos at the 1600 bt per night level but overall Honeys is much better to book through.I will soon begin taking longer trips to Pattaya and would like to rent at VT 6. My concern is what if I get a dump. A unit where things are dirty, broken, or otherwise in bad shape. Has this ever happened to you and what can you do if the condo doesn't meet your expectations?

Jgm005
08-19-14, 16:23
I will soon begin taking longer trips to Pattaya and would like to rent at VT 6. My concern is what if I get a dump. A unit where things are dirty, broken, or otherwise in bad shape. Has this ever happened to you and what can you do if the condo doesn't meet your expectations?Khun Honey would not be in business very long if she was renting out dumps called a condo. Same with Dancewatchers. It has never happened to me in all the years I have stayed. Now and than a light bulb will be out and one simply tells her and someone from her staff comes up to fix same.

Bunky
08-21-14, 14:33
As one who ALWAYS uses Honey's you maybe hard pressed to find a condo available in November. I booked one more than month ago and there was very few available. But give it a try. Also, Dancewatchers has a few condos at the 1600 baht per night, but overall Honey's is much better to book through.I booked a View Talay 6 condo rental using Dancewatchers for my holiday last year and I was very satisfied. The arrangements were handled efficiently via e-mail, paying the deposit with PayPal was easy and the unit was as advertised. Once day I foolishly locked myself out. The cleaning crew noticed what I had done and one call to the boss lady had me all squared away with zero inconvenience.

I was wondering if Mister JGM005 could elaborate on why he prefers to book his View Talay 6 rentals using Honey's Coffee shop? There must be a reason why he thinks Honey's is "much better to book through." I would very much appreciate the benefit of his views.

Bunky

http://dancewatchers.com/Luxury_View_Talay_6_Condo_rentals_room_views.html.html

http://wwww.honeyscoffeehouse.com/

Awesome Man
08-27-14, 17:29
Hi all!

I always stayed at different hotels and guest houses, but renting a condo seems like a good deal and is interesting to me.

What about security? Is there a night guard to check ladies I'd, or is there CCTV or similar?

Thanks in advance.

Wolvenvacht
08-27-14, 19:19
Hi all!

I always stayed at different hotels and guest houses, but renting a condo seems like a good deal and is interesting to me.

What about security? Is there a night guard to check ladies I'd, or is there CCTV or similar?

Thanks in advance.Usually there are indeed guards at the condos (at least those I stayed in) and some control the girl's I'd-card. If the condo's policy is not to do these checks, you always talk to the guard and ask them to do it for you.

CCTV seems more rare and that will still need a guard to watch it. I guess it is cheaper in Thailand to employ a few extra guards than to install, maintain and man the CCTV.

Member #4698
08-29-14, 21:46
The overall quality of girls may have been down just a tad from May, but this could just be my impression. I still managed to hook up with some very cute girls including one sexy stunner that I haven't been able to get off my mind since I left.

I enjoy the staff and facilities at VT5 immensely and I had a great time there as always. But I am thinking of changing venues next time just to mix things up. I do prefer the peace and quiet here to the craziness of Pattaya. But there NO cute girls here at all. These are the kind of bar beer fugglies that BronzeMan and others have been complaining about. And the beach, though nicer and cleaner than Pattaya beach, really is not all that appealing. For my next trip I will try to relocate closer to the action. Maybe a condo in North Pattaya, in that area where Honey 2 is located. It seemed a bit more quiet, but there were bars there that had some cute girls. Plus this would open the opportunity for an easy quickie in the afternoon form BR girls. Which I kind of found myself jonesing for on occasion but with no relief in sight in Jomtien. Great Report Uncle V. There are always some cute girls in Pat if you know where to go and what to do when you get there. Like you I am thinking about a possible change of condo / hotel location for my next trip, but since I usually stay in North Pattaya, Jomtien to me looks like an inviting change of pace.

As for you, I think you would enjoy North Pattaya near Honey 2, but it is not all that quiet. There are a lot of bars, girls, and Soi 6 is easy walking distance ect, but yeah, not as crazy as South Pattaya which is why I like it. And a baht bus or motorcycle taxi is always available to go to Walking Street.

I have a buddy who lives there. The view and the breeze are excellent.

How easy is it to travel to and from Walking Street from VT5 and Jomtien?

Wolvenvacht
08-30-14, 09:07
How easy is it to travel to and from Walking Street from VT5 and Jomtien?Just hop on one of the many songthaew that cruise in front of the VT condos. 15 minutes later you are in Pattaya, corner of Second Road and South Pattaya Road. Walking Street is then only one block away.

BadLores
09-01-14, 06:31
Looking to stay in Pattaya for a while. Found this place on View Talay 6 for about 2500 baht / night for 4 nights. A bit expensive as was planning to spend no more than 2000 baht / night (and it's Thailand after all.). But it's got a great view.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://dancewatchers.com/View_Talay_6_Pattaya_25-987.html

Wolvenvacht
09-01-14, 18:57
Looking to stay in Pattaya for a while. Found this place on View Talay 6 for about 2500 baht / night for 4 nights. A bit expensive as was planning to spend no more than 2000 baht / night (and it's Thailand after all.). But it's got a great view.

http://dancewatchers.com/View_Talay_6_Pattaya_25-987.htmlI stayed before in a VT condo (not this luxury VIP room though) and was very pleased with it. Great service from the Dancewatcher crew. I really like the kitchen and the appliances for a longer stay. For 4 nights I think it is a bit overkill.

Fast Eddie 48
09-15-14, 23:05

http://dancewatchers.com/View_Talay_6_Pattaya_25-987.htmlTo BadLores.

I stay there last yr it is a large room with kitchen I paid about 2200 a night for one week, there are many nice hotel under 40 USD a night in central Pattaya near beach Road with a nice pool w breaksfast and I eat out every night didn't find a need for a kitchen in my room, my favorite hotel is the Flipper house, flipper lodge and Areca Lodge.

Fast eddie 48.

Johnthescot
10-08-14, 17:12
Hi,

I have another Pattaya trip coming up soon in Dec for 12 night. I have 2 different suites reserved and trying to decide which one I should go for.

My 2 options are -.

Presidential Royal Suite Sea View 1 bed Apartment (with jacuzzi) through Vtsix Condo Rentals at VT6. Anyone used Vtsix or stayed in the Presidential Royal Suite Sea View rooms? Any good.

1 bedroom suite (with Jacuzzi) booked at Intimate Hotel by Tim Boutique. Never been in hotel before but spent many a good night in Tim aGoGo out front. Anyone have any experience of these suites?

Which is better?

Thanks.

JohnTheScot.

(Trip number 27 coming up!

Bunky
10-11-14, 20:34
My two options are: (1) Presidential Royal Suite Sea View 1 bed Apartment (with jacuzzi) through Vtsix Condo Rentals at VT6; (2) One bedroom suite (with jacuzzi) booked at Intimate Hotel by Tim Boutique. Which is better?It's difficult to provide advice without knowing more about the competing options, especially what you will be paying.

Using my Google-Fu I found this listing for the so-called "Royal Presidential Suite Room" at the View Talay 6 condo, offered for rent by the agents at vtsix.com:

http://www.vtsix.com/Room-for-rent-in-Pattaya.html

(You'll have to scroll down.)

There are nine photographs of the supposed suite, but six of them actually depict the VT Six office in the lobby. That doesn't inspire confidence. The other three photos appear to show different condos. Two of the photos show a single rectangular space the features a small kitchen, a queen-size bed and a small loveseat. This is the typical layout of a STUDIO condo at the View Talay 6. The second photo might possibly show a one-bedroom condo, but the quality is so poor it's difficult to tell. I would be VERY careful about renting a condo without first seeing high quality photos first. That goes double for any lodging that purports to be a "Presidential Suite."

For example, here is the listing for Dancewatchers premier unit at View Talay 6, number 18-659:

http://dancewatchers.com/VT6_X_18-659.html

I spent 25 days in this condo during my most recent holiday and I can assure you the photos are accurate. I've never done business with VT Six, and they may be just fine, but their Internet presence just seems a little fishy. Mostly they seem to operate using lesser-known hotel booking sites. Checking the listings it looks like they have a bunch of photos up of various condos and there is no way of knowing the photos are of the condo you are booking. That's a red flag for me. But again, I'm going solely by what I see online. If anybody else can vouch for VT Six, I'll defer to his judgment.

The Intimate Hotel at least has a legitimate web site. (Although it was maddeningly slow to load when I visited.).

http://www.intimatehotelpattaya.com/

Here is the page for the "Executive Suite" with jacuzzi:

http://www.intimatehotelpattaya.com/accommodation/executive-suites

Now this looks like a nice place to stay. At 72 square meters it's got a nice one bedroom layout and a fresh contemporary design that reminds me of the Suite 808 at the Page 10 or the jacuzzi suites at the Hotel Barcuda. (Although photos four and eight don't look like they belong with the rest.).

BUNKY'S ADVICE? I'm a big fan of View Talay 6. The location is excellent and most of the rentals offer value for money. I will definitely stay there on my next holiday. But the place isn't perfect. Most of the good units book up months and months in advance, so it's not a good option for travelers arranging trips with less lead time. The place is gigantic and the long corridors give it a rather institutional feel. If having a sea view is important, you have to take care not to book any unit on the north side below about the 20th floor. You have to arrange maid service separately, and some units charge extra for water and electricity. Booking long distance and paying a deposit via PayPal takes more effort than booking a hotel.

For a longer holiday I think the effort is justified. But for a shorter stay, especially one booked with little lead time, you may be better off at a hotel. The Intimate Hotel's location is just superb:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217687533785357869352.0004b42f6afb06970d17c&msa=0&ll=12.931471

In fact, it's marginally better than the View Talay 6 and that's saying something. The up-and-coming naughty boy district on Soi LK Metro is literally steps away, as are the northbound baht buses on Second Road taking you up to Soi 6. If you're headed to Walking Street via Beach Road the View Talay 6 has a slight edge, but the walk from the Intimate Hotel to Beach Road along Soi 12 or Soi 13 is a snap. You can also easily walk to Soi Buakaow, Soi Lengkee, Soi Chaiyapoon, etc.

Finally, there is cost. If you're looking to splash out on a one bedroom suite with a jacuzzi you're talking roughly 3,000 per night (perhaps even more during high season). That's not chump change. So I recommend being fastidious about due diligence before you book. VT Six may be just fine. But I'd want more information about the alleged "Presidential Suite. ".

Bunky

Bungaro
10-28-14, 18:35
Hey all,

Sorry to have this be my first post, but I promise to share some of my prior and very soon upcoming trip reports. Does anyone know if I-Rovers is guest friendly for 1 or 2 additional guests? How about Sutus Court? I have RTFF and emailed both without response yet.

Thanks

W20415
11-09-14, 07:05
Does any one know if this motel is GF? Its on Soi 4 and 2nd. I booked room there and it looks like a nice motel but not where I thought it was and not sure if GF.

LittleBigMan
11-09-14, 10:45
Does any one know if this motel is GF? Its on Soi 4 and 2nd. I booked room there and it looks like a nice motel but not where I thought it was and not sure if GF.Yes it is!

Uncle Volodya
11-19-14, 11:58
Dear Fellow Mongers!

Just booked my flight and will be in Patts Dec 28-Jan 7. What a way to ring in the New Year!

I have always stayed at VT5 in Jomtien, but I want to be closer to the action this time. VT6 is all booked up already. As Bunky predicted in his post. But I was able to find a very good deal in the City Garden condo.

Location looks good as do the facilities (though no sea view as I can see). Does anyone have any experience staying there?

TellAll
11-19-14, 17:53
Dear Fellow Mongers!

Just booked my flight and will be in Patts Dec 28-Jan 7. What a way to ring in the New Year!

I have always stayed at VT5 in Jomtien, but I want to be closer to the action this time. VT6 is all booked up already. As Bunky predicted in his post. But I was able to find a very good deal in the City Garden condo.

Location looks good as do the facilities (though no sea view as I can see). Does anyone have any experience staying there?Descent lodging. No sea views. Close to soi Diana, LK Metro area and Soi Bukao.

If you walk down Soi 15 one direction will put you on Soi Bukao other direction Second Road across from Soi 13/4. Could walk to walking street.

TellAll
11-19-14, 17:55
Hey all,

Sorry to have this be my first post, but I promise to share some of my prior and very soon upcoming trip reports. Does anyone know if I-Rovers is guest friendly for 1 or 2 additional guests? How about Sutus Court? I have RTFF and emailed both without response yet.

ThanksBoth are girl friendly. Sutus Court would be a better choice.

MilesToGo
11-19-14, 22:25
Hey all,

ThanksAgree with other poster. Sutus will be a better choice.

But re: be prepared to pay for the 2nd additional guest at most places and do not try to " sneak them in".

Hotels taking the girls I'd is for our benefit & some protection from say under~ age or even some hotel have a no LB policy, unless that is your mode.

Uncle Volodya
11-20-14, 08:18
Descent lodging. No sea views. Close to soi Diana, LK Metro area and Soi Bukao.

If you walk down Soi 15 one direction will put you on Soi Bukao other direction Second Road across from Soi 13/4. Could walk to walking street.Thanks man!

Turns out the place is booked, the idiot just did not change the status of his apartments on airbnb.

Do any of you guys have the number for a good RE agent or RE website that does vacation rentals and that could help me find a similar place (location and level of accommodation)? I've googled but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Uncle-V.

ActionOriented
11-20-14, 10:00
Thanks man!

Turns out the place is booked, the idiot just did not change the status of his apartments on airbnb.

Do any of you guys have the number for a good RE agent or RE website that does vacation rentals and that could help me find a similar place (location and level of accommodation)? I've googled but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Uncle-V.Someone did a good comparison sometime back between dancewatchers and honey's coffee shop. Both I think deal in property in VT6, Beach Road (and some others). May be worth a look and see.

http://dancewatchers.com/

http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/index.php?option=com_jomres&Itemid=84

Uncle Volodya
11-20-14, 10:06
Someone did a good comparison sometime back between dancewatchers and honey's coffee shop. Both I think deal in property in VT6, Beach Road (and some others). May be worth a look and see.

http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/index.php?option=com_jomres&Itemid=84Thanks Action. Good to hear from you buddy. I hpeall is well.

Look out for my upcomign reports form Shanghai and the Phillipines. Just need to find a time to sit down and write them. So busy catching up with work since I got back to Moscow.

Stay horny my friend.

Uncle-V.

Uncle Volodya
11-20-14, 10:24
Someone did a good comparison sometime back between dancewatchers and honey's coffee shop. Both I think deal in property in VT6, Beach Road (and some others). May be worth a look and see.

http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/index.php?option=com_jomres&Itemid=84Everything is booked up on both sites.

Fellas any ideas? I am gettng desperate.

ActionOriented
11-20-14, 10:57
Everything is booked up on both sites.

Fellas any ideas? I am gettng desperate.I just know one other place D Apartment http://www.dapartment.com/.

Why not just go in for a hotel? I am sure all hotels are not likely to be booked to capacity.

Will check out your reports on the China / PI pages. Cheers.

P.s. I might be in Pats end of January, very tentative right now.

Uncle Volodya
11-20-14, 13:20
Thanks man. I'm happy to meet up if you are in town. I will be there until Jan 7.

Thansk for the tip on the-apartments. I sent them a request just now.

Its crazy. Even many of the old stand bye hotel are already booked up already!

I just know one other place D Apartment http://www.dapartment.com/.

Why not just go in for a hotel? I am sure all hotels are not likely to be booked to capacity.

P.s. I might be in Pats end of January, very tentative right now.

Uncle Volodya
11-20-14, 20:23
Thanks man. I'm happy to meet up if you are in town. I will be there until Jan 7.

Its crazy. Even many of the old stand bye hotel are already booked up already!

Flipper Lodge has rooms available. Positive reviews on guestfriendly, but RTFF shows some pretty bad reviews from last year.

Has any one been here recently that can share their experience?

Nuevo
11-29-14, 20:52
I just know one other place D Apartment http://www.dapartment.com/.

P.s. I might be in Pats end of January, very tentative right now.I will also be in Pattaya mid to late January. The the D Apartments look pretty nice for the price for a short visit of 10+ days. Does anyone have pics of the older building rooms? I'm going to be spending 6 months / year in the LOS starting next October. I am spending half of my upcoming visit looking for living accommodations in Pattaya and half in Chiang Mai. I have visited the LOS 15 times since 2001. I have a lot to learn. 2 to 3 week visits are very different from living full-time for a number of months.

Anyway, if anyone is aware of other good apartment / condo rental sites in Pattaya / Jontiem for short-term and longer term rentals I would appreciate your informative assistance.

Happy Holiday Season to all.

Prince0312
12-07-14, 18:05
Hi,

I have RTFF and found that view talay 6 booking by honey or dance watchers. I today booked through Jarunee.

Kindly let me know whether the condos offered by Jarunee.

Honey or dance watchers are same or different.

If they are different any reviews on offered by Jarunee and whether they are guest friendly.

Thanks

Margaya
12-07-14, 23:21
I had to stay there one night as sunshine was sold out. Excellent location, friendly staff. A bit dates but still pretty good overall. Neat, modern, clean. Slight noise from bars filtered in but not too much. Very guest friendly. Was told all rooms are smoking but I found rooms to be allright. Smaller washroom. Excellent be / fast. Overall very good but I liked sunshine a bit more.

Flipper Lodge has rooms available. Positive reviews on guestfriendly, but RTFF shows some pretty bad reviews from last year.

Has any one been here recently that can share their experience?

Mogwai
12-08-14, 02:13
Hi,

I have RTFF and found that view talay 6 booking by honey or dance watchers. I today booked through Jarunee.

If they are different any reviews on offered by Jarunee and whether they are guest friendly.

ThanksI don't think that people would stay there for months in a row if they were not guest friendly :-)

Can't answer your other question though. My guess is these 3 providers each own a number of condo's but have nothing to do with eachother.

TellAll
12-08-14, 02:34
Hi,

ThanksThere are a number of companies that lease Condos at VT 6. There is about eight such companies with offices at the complex.

Jgm005
12-08-14, 05:36
No, each has their own room inventories. I consistently book with Honey and just left there from a 7 night stay. There are a number of other outfits that rent out rooms in VT 6 and other areas.

Hi,

Thanks

Member #4535
12-08-14, 15:29
Folks,

Need your help. Is the Privy Hotel girl friendly for one or two girls? I RTFF, but could only find queries, no answers.

Thanks!

Raj

RogerShinny
12-09-14, 05:51
Is this hotel guest friendly please give me reports on this hotel my travel agent has booked me here.

Mogwai
12-17-14, 06:00
For those of you who are on a (tight) budget and don't care so much about luxury, check out Brinn Hotel in Second Road, Soi 12. On your right hand side coming from Beach Road.

Very good location and looks quiet also. Rooms are spacious but basic. Most rooms have windows but not much of a view I think.

Hardly any information on internet about this hotel so I don't know what it's like but you might give it a try. Only 600 B / night and they have weekly and monthly rates as well.

Mac75
12-17-14, 09:24
Is this hotel guest friendly please give me reports on this hotel my travel agent has booked me here.When I was researching Pattaya hotels for my upcoming visit anything I read regarding Hotel Selection was that it was indeed girl friendly, no joiner fee as long as room booked for two people. It also had good reviews on trip advisor. I was nearly going to book but changed my mind as none of the rooms have an in room safe which to me is a must. I decided instead for Whitehousecondotel.

Prince0312
12-18-14, 16:48
Hi,

I have booked visit condos by Jarunee dor my forthcoming trip to Pattaya. I have gone through their site as well as tried speaking to them on phone, I did not caw across info whether they have in room safe for keeping valuables.

Can any one please let me know whether they have in room safe from your experience staying at visit.

Thanks

Jgm005
12-18-14, 19:59
Every room I have stayed in through either Dancewatchers or Honeys the room has had a safe. I would assume the same applies for your room through Jarunee.

Hi,

I have booked visit condos by Jarunee dor my forthcoming trip to Pattaya. I have gone through their site as well as tried speaking to them on phone, I did not caw across info whether they have in room safe for keeping valuables.

Can any one please let me know whether they have in room safe from your experience staying at visit.

Thanks

TellAll
12-18-14, 21:29
Hi,

ThanksA lot of the condos at VT6 do not have safes.

RidarajPoot
12-18-14, 22:02

Its crazy. Even many of the old stand bye hotel are already booked up already!I have live there its really nice and wonderful hotel.

Mr Happy Feet
12-28-14, 12:37
Looking for some opinions on Jomtian. I want to stay in a quieter beach area but I do not want to travel to Pattaya every afternoon for some lady company. I am a 50-something and prefer the ladies in their 30's. Can I assume there are plenty of bars and bar girls in Jomtian but just quieter than Pattaya? I want to explore Jomtian as a potential retirement spot, so if anyone has any insight on that I would it appreciate that too.

Thanks,

MHF

Rjsss212
12-29-14, 04:33
Anything even remotely approaching 5 stars in Patts these days?

David 2
12-29-14, 18:48
Anything even remotely approaching 5 stars in Patts these days?IMHO. I give both the Sheraton and the Hilton 5 stars. The Sheraton is a bit removed and totally private. It's located between Jomtien and Pattaya in a beautiful setting. The Hilton is very urban feeling highrise built atop Central Festival Mall, so very convenient location and the best views in Pattaya.

Isc55
12-29-14, 19:30
After many fantastic trips to DR I am planning to explore Thailand next April.

I plan to stay five nights in Pattaya and I am studying the hotel options.

When possible I like hotels not only girl friendly but with girls "in house".

I have found three hotels in Pattaya:

Secrets Hotel, with Secrets Club and Baby agogo bar. I have read many different opinions about rooms.

Galaxy Suites, with Heaven Above Club. Good reports about the Club but almost nothing about the hotel.

Penhouse Hotel, with Kitten Club. More expensive but with a pool, what for me is a plus.

Anyone knows them?. Any advise or comment about these hotels?

Of course, if I book one one them, after my trip I will share my opinion.

Daddy07
12-30-14, 02:52
Anything even remotely approaching 5 stars in Patts these days?Take a look at the Dusit Thani located near the Dolphin Circle.

TellAll
12-30-14, 03:04
After many fantastic trips to DR I am planning to explore Thailand next April.

I plan to stay five nights in Pattaya and I am studying the hotel options.

When possible I like hotels not only girl friendly but with girls "in house".

I have found three hotels in Pattaya:

Secrets Hotel, with Secrets Club and Baby agogo bar. I have read many different opinions about rooms.

Galaxy Suites, with Heaven Above Club. Good reports about the Club but almost nothing about the hotel.

Penhouse Hotel, with Kitten Club. More expensive but with a pool, what for me is a plus.

Anyone knows them?. Any advise or comment about these hotels?

Of course, if I book one one them, after my trip I will share my opinion.There are many options of Hotels and guest houses with clubs but I wouldn't stay at any of those you suggested, especially Penthouse.

My sugestion is to keep the two seperate. Two many options for girls to worry about them where you stay. Could be problematic anyway.

Bearhug9
12-30-14, 04:17
There are many options of Hotels and guest houses with clubs but I wouldn't stay at any of those you suggested, especially Penthouse.

My sugestion is to keep the two seperate. Two many options for girls to worry about them where you stay. Could be problematic anyway.Well said!

I'm going on my third trip to Thailand next month for 2 weeks. I've been to Bangkok and Pattaya twice and I'm hooked! Best options for hotel IMO for Pattaya nitelife is on LK Metro or nearby. I say this because of a few reasons:

1) Walking street is too busy and too crowded. Its fun, but not a place I would like for a good night sleep.

2) Beach road is also very busy and crowded. My first trip to Pattaya I stayed at Sunshine Hotel on Soi 8 near beach road.

I BF a nice young spinner on Soi 8 and had a great time, but now she feels like she owns me.

She saw me once with another spinner and blew up my phone with text messages.

She also showed up at the hotel and almost made a scene! SMH!

LK Metro and Soi Diana are in Central Pattaya and IMO best location because its not too busy compared to Walking street and Beach road, but plenty of action nearby to bring back to hotel.

Here are a few hotels I would recommend:

1) LK Royal Suite Hotel. They have a Jacuzzi room! .

2) Areca Lodge Hotel. Highly popular, reserve early.

3) LK Metropole Pattaya. Never been but heard good things.

4) Boss Suites Pattaya. Budget hotel, will be my first time there so I will review this when I'm there.

All in all, this is my honest opinion as everyone has different taste. Central Pattaya is best for nearby action. Walking street and beach road are minutes away on a Motorbike taxi or baht bus.

Also, don't forget Soi 6.

I can't wait to go next month. I can't even sleep at night just thinking about Thailand. Oh the land of smiles is Paradise for us men! LOL.

Cheers!

Mogwai
12-30-14, 07:07
IMHO. I give both the Sheraton and the Hilton 5 stars. The Sheraton is a bit removed and totally private. It's located between Jomtien and Pattaya in a beautiful setting. The Hilton is very urban feeling highrise built atop Central Festival Mall, so very convenient location and the best views in Pattaya.As far as I know the Hilton is not GF. There have been some reports here about that.

Mogwai
12-30-14, 07:24
When possible I like hotels not only girl friendly but with girls "in house".Why do you want that? If you set one foot out of almost any hotel in Pattaya you are already surrounded with girls. OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit but they are literally everywhere so it almost feels like they are 'in house'. And they are all very willing to go with you 'in the house'.

And beside that the hotels you mention are in very noisy areas. You will only be able to get some sleep if you go to bed around 5 or 6 AM every morning. But if that's what you want, be my guest.

Sunlover2
12-30-14, 13:02
Why do you want that?Isc55 said he had many successful trips to the Dominican Republic (DR) and lodging accommodations with in-house ladies is a popular option there. The three hotels he has listed fit the bill and have decent reputations. I agree that in-house company is not necessary in Pattaya as companionship is plentiful, and it is easy to move around the town.

If you are looking for a hotel with a nice pool area check out the Marriott Resort.

SunLover.

Mogwai
12-30-14, 15:59
SNIP
1) Walking street is too busy and too crowded. Its fun, but not a place I would like for a good night sleep.Definitely correct!

2) Beach road is also very busy and crowded. My first trip to Pattaya I stayed at Sunshine Hotel on Soi 8 near beach road. Sunshine Hotel, or any other hotel on Soi 6, 7 or 8 for that matter, is indeed in the middle of the action. However there are some quiet areas along Beach Road like for example Soi 13 and also Soi 10 if you're not too close to the beer bars on Second Road.

SNIP.

LK Metro and Soi Diana are in Central Pattaya and IMO best location because its not too busy compared to Walking street and Beach road, but plenty of action nearby to bring back to hotel.

Here are a few hotels I would recommend:

1) LK Royal Suite Hotel. They have a Jacuzzi room! .

2) Areca Lodge Hotel. Highly popular, reserve early.

3) LK Metropole Pattaya. Never been but heard good things.

4) Boss Suites Pattaya. Budget hotel, will be my first time there so I will review this when I'm there.

All in all, this is my honest opinion as everyone has different taste. Central Pattaya is best for nearby action. Walking street and beach road are minutes away on a Motorbike taxi or baht bus.

Also, don't forget Soi 6.

SNIPIf LK Metro and Soi Diana are the best locations to stay depends on what you like. If you like beer bars and agogo's then it's OK. If you like to pick up freelancers from Beach Road and / or the disco's in Walking Street then it's not ideal to stay there.

And beside that the Areca Lodge and Boss Suites are also in very noisy areas. Only a room in the back might be (relatively) quiet.

I don't know if the LK hotels you mention are quiet. On the map their locations look slightly better.

Surfer500
12-30-14, 16:20
Could anyone give me some feedback on Boss Suites. In reading the Trip Advisor reports the general public doesn't like the place much, however it seems to have a pretty good location and a nice pool and grounds, I have booked some rooms in the new wing which I hear they are okay and that they are GF. Any feedback would be appreciated. Tried Arcera for my dates but sold out. Thanks.

MilesToGo
12-30-14, 23:35
Could anyone give me some feedback on Boss Suites. In reading the Trip Advisor reports the general public doesn't like the place much, however it seems to have a pretty good location and a nice pool and grounds, I have booked some rooms in the new wing which I hear they are okay and that they are GF. Any feedback would be appreciated. Tried Arcera for my dates but sold out. Thanks.This hotel was formerly the Diana Hotel. Second Road & soi Diana across from Kiss restaurant.

Believe you will find many more reviews under the old name.

Surfer500
12-31-14, 02:55
This hotel was formerly the Diana Hotel. Second Road & soi Diana across from Kiss restaurant.

Believe you will find many more reviews under the old name.Thanks, did a search and there was a little dated information. I know the location is good, just curious if any one has stayed in the new wing and how the rooms are. The pool and grounds look good.

IllusionHeart
12-31-14, 04:26
Thanks, did a search and there was a little dated information. I know the location is good, just curious if any one has stayed in the new wing and how the rooms are. The pool and grounds look good.I would recommend the sunshine hotels and residences. I was staying there till Sunday. Clean and decent rooms. Location wise superb for the price. I will be staying at this hotel on my future trips.

TomJackin
12-31-14, 12:27
but I wouldn't stay at any of those you suggested, especially Penthouse.My guess is that you have never stayed at the Penthouse. Yes or no?

That is the only hotel I've stayed at the last 20 years. I fact I just returned from staying there for 11 nights.

Personally, I've never been attacked or butt-fucked by any ladyboys.

If you have never stayed there, then your opinion is only from hearsay.

Surfer500
12-31-14, 16:40
My guess is that you have never stayed at the Penthouse. Yes or no?

That is the only hotel I've stayed at the last 20 years. I fact I just returned from staying there for 11 nights.

If you have never stayed there, then your opinion is only from hearsay.Tomjackin it's no fun unless you get attacked and butt-fucked by a ladyboy while in Pattya!

Anyways, any advice where to stay in Pattya, last time I stayed at Acerca which is booked for my travel dates and liked it. I also stayed at Sandy Springs Hotel which has an excellent location but no hotel grounds. Looking for a place with a large pool and grounds close to Beach Road around the Soi 13 area. I don't like he beer bars or go-go places and had the most fun picking up freelancers off of Beach Road. My budget is about $ 70 a night.

Surfer500
12-31-14, 16:41
I would recommend the sunshine hotels and residences. I was staying there till Sunday. Clean and decent rooms. Location wise superb for the price. I will be staying at this hotel on my future trips.Will check it out, thanks.

RacShack
12-31-14, 18:36

If you have never stayed there, then your opinion is only from hearsay.Roach infested, roach infested, and did I say roach infested.

TellAll
12-31-14, 19:12

If you have never stayed there, then your opinion is only from hearsay.I have stayed there and didn't like the accomodations. I didn't like the bugs or the smell of the place. The ladyboys which are plentiful there never bothered me, but I could have done without them also. To each there own. Hope you enjoy your next 20 visits there.

Breadman
12-31-14, 22:04
My guess is that you have never stayed at the Penthouse. .I looked at their website and their joiner fee 'hints' at allowing two girls to come to your room without an additional charge, problem is they use the word "spouse" which makes me wonder if you'd get a 750 baht joiner fee for 2 girls.

Room / Suite Occupancy.

(For Direct Penthouse Hotel Reservations)

"The Penthouse Hotel has probably the most liberal Joiner Policy (also known as Pattaya's Most Guest Friendly Hotel / Joiner Friendly Hotel) of any.
One person, plus spouse (per Room / Suite Divan),
plus additional Guest * making a total of 3 *
persons per Room / Suite Divan" *

Mogwai
01-01-15, 10:02
Looking for a place with a large pool and grounds close to Beach Road around the Soi 13 area. I don't like he beer bars or go-go places and had the most fun picking up freelancers off of Beach Road. My budget is about $ 70 a night.Some suggestions:

Lek Hotel, at the corner of Second Road and Soi 13, has quite a large pool.

Dynasty Inn, Soi 13, opposite Lek Hotel. Has a roof top pool.

The Whitehouse Condotel, next to the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13. Also has a roof top pool.

Inn of the Golden Crab, also on Soi 13. Has a pool.

Sunlover2
01-01-15, 12:22
I looked at their website and their joiner fee 'hints' at allowing two girls to come to your room without an additional charge, problem is they use the word "spouse" which makes me wonder if you'd get a 750 baht joiner fee for 2 girls.

Room / Suite Occupancy.My understanding is you are allowed two 'outside' joiners or unlimited 'in-house club' joiners gratis. I have had two DD ladies back to the room no problem. There was a post a while back from a punter who had like six outside ladies in tow for a party in one of the big suites. He was charged joiner fees for the additional ladies and was blinding upset about it. If you have any doubts email the hotel and ask.

SL.

Surfer500
01-02-15, 04:07
Some suggestions:

The Whitehouse Condotel, next to the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13. Also has a roof top pool.

Inn of the Golden Crab, also on Soi 13. Has a pool.Thanks will do.

Bunky
01-05-15, 01:18
When possible I like hotels not only girl friendly but with girls "in house." I have found three hotels in Pattaya: (1) Secrets Hotel, with Secrets Club and Baby go go bar; (2) Galaxy Suites, with Heaven Above Club; (3) Penthouse Hotel, with Kitten Club. More expensive but with a pool, what for me is a plus."Girl friendly" is a given for 99 percent of Pattaya hotels.

As for hotels with girls "in house," you may think that's a good idea. But it's not. Let me explain.

Pattaya is not like the Dominican Republic, where the punter scene discretely operates in certain limited areas. To the contrary, the scene in Pattaya is far more open and above-board. Girls willing to go with you are literally everywhere. Moreover, Pattaya is a small place (at least the area frequented by tourists) and it's easy to get around using the baht buses and motorcycle taxis. Trust me on this: Unless you book lodging way out in the sticks (and we won't let you make that mistake) once your find the girl of your dreams, it's ridiculously easy to get back to your hotel. So you should choose a hotel based on its location, price and amenities, not because it has a bar in the lobby with a few girls sitting around.

I'll give you the same advice I give every guy who is making his first trip: Stay in central Pattaya, which I define as north of Soi 13/2, south of Soi 7, and west of Soi Buakaow. Don't understand those directions? Google "Groovy map Pattaya" and buy a map. If you stay in Central Pattaya you'll be close to the three major areas favored by naughty boys: Walking Street, Soi LK Metro and Soi 6. (On "The Six" you and your favorite bar girl can take care of business in a upstairs room. How's that for "in house?"). You'll also be within easy walking distance of every conceivable creature comfort you might need during your holiday, such as good cheap food, laid back bars, laundries, convenience stores, shopping malls, cinemas, bowling alleys, etc. Generally the closer you are to the beach the more you'll pay. You'll find better value for money on the east side of Second Road.

The Secrets Hotel and the Galaxy Suites are not in Central Pattaya. They are on Walking Street. I like Walking Street just fine, but I never stay there. It's simply too crowded, too loud and too full of tourists. Besides, most of the lodging on Walking Street is pretty basic. Again, you may think you need to stay "close to the action. " But you don't need to stay on Walking Street. The Penthouse is barely inside the Central Pattaya area, but I don't care for it. It's a bit too over the top for my taste, a bit too sleazy. Not that there's anything wrong with sleazy. I just like a more laid back hotel, something befitting a man of my good taste and breeding. (LOL!

Check out these hotels in Central Pattaya: the Whitehouse Condotel, the LK Empress, the LK Renaissance, the Areca, the Page 10 and the Sea Me Spring. All have web pages and lots of reviews on the Tripadvisor web site. All have pools, some bigger than others.

You might also provide us with more information about when you will be traveling (high or low season) your budget and what kind of lodging your prefer. Otherwise we're just guessing at what you might like.

Bunky

Lefeu
01-05-15, 03:49
The Secrets Hotel and the Galaxy Suites are not in Central Pattaya. They are on Walking Street. I like Walking Street just fine, but I never stay there. It's simply too crowded, too loud and too full of tourists. Besides, most of the lodging on Walking Street is pretty basic.For the past 5 years or so, I've been staying at the P72 hotel, which is in the heart of Walking Street. Prior to that, I have stayed mostly at the Sandy Spring in Soi 13. I agree that P72 is a very basic hotel, and also relatively cheap, but I would not advise anyone to "never stay there". Instead, I would suggest that he stays in both places and decide for himself what's better for him.

Walking street is indeed crowded, loud and full of tourists, but if one plans to monger there, you have to deal with that regardless where you stay. In my stays at P72, I never had any problem with the noise. I always slept soundly. Yet, it is so convenient, especially with the FLs. They line up just outside the hotel restaurant, and then you have Lucifer across the street. I picked up many FLs there.

Lefeu
01-05-15, 04:02
Some suggestions:

Inn of the Golden Crab, also on Soi 13. Has a pool.Just a comment, I stayed at the Lek Hotel a number of years ago and I did not like it. It was old and not well maintained. However, the staff members were very friendly, and I enjoyed their relatively inexpensive buffet. At the time, I did not know much about Thai food, so that allowed me to sample a multitude of dishes.

Tarus89
01-05-15, 08:31
Hello,

We are a group of 12 people and would be coming to Pattaya on the 8/01-11/01 and was looking out for a decent hotel near Walking Street.

Since all of us are 1st time travelers to Pattaya request the forum members if anyone can suggest a good hotel.

Thanks,

Tarus

Breadman
01-05-15, 15:22
Hello,

We are a group of 12 people and would be coming to Pattaya on the 8/01-11/01 and was looking out for a decent hotel near walking street.

Since all of us are 1st time travelers to Pattaya request the forum members if anyone can suggest a good hotel.

Thanks,

TarusAre you looking for one or two rooms?

Daddy San
01-05-15, 15:41
Are you looking for one or two rooms?Let's take bets on the nationality of these guys!

Bunky
01-05-15, 22:05
LODGING ON WALKING STREET:

Mr. Lefeu presents a reasonable counterargument. There are lots of gents who are perfectly happy staying in a modest hotel, such as the P72. And there are lots of gents who enjoy the hustle and bustle of neighborhoods like Walking Street in Pattaya and the Zona Norte in Tijuana. If Mr. 55 is that kind of guy he should look into Walking Street Hotels.

My personal taste is different. At this stage in life I prefer more upscale lodging. I love Pattaya for its laid-back beach vibe, for its cosmopolitan population and most of all for its multiple naughty boy options. But as I think most of the guys around here would agree, when one is on holiday it's unwise to go full speed all the time. So I like a little down time to recharge. Sure, there are public places to do that. Quiet beers bars where you can have a pint and a laugh with your mates on a slow afternoon. Hole-in-the-wall restaurants on the east side of Soi Buakaow. Cool dark cinemas. But when I need a break from all things Pattaya (or, heaven forbid, I need to get some work done) it's important to me to have a place that's entirely my own. A nice hotel in a quiet part of town (like Soi 13) fits the bill perfectly. As they say on the Interwebs, YMMMV.

OPINION OF THE LEK HOTEL:

I concur that the Lek Hotel is an older property that's seen better days. But the location is perfect, especially for a first time visitor. You can easily catch a baht bus headed south on Beach Road to Walking Street. If you're headed for Soi Six you can just as easily catch a baht bus headed north on Second Road. You can walk to Soi LK Metro via Soi Diana in just a few minutes. (Seriously. Even if you hate to walk, the Lek Hotel is close to everything.) If you're the type who comes all the way to Thailand and still patronizes American franchises, the Lek Hotel is steps from a McDonald's and a Starbucks. Plus The Avenue shopping center is across the street. Finally, the Lek Hotel offers a breakfast and dinner buffet, served poolside. It's not haute cuisine. But the tariff is modest and the bill of fare features both Thai and western food.

So again, if you're looking for a modestly-priced hotel where the staff is nice and the location is convenient, check out The Lek.

Bunky

Tarus89
01-06-15, 06:16
Are you looking for one or two rooms?Hello,

We have booked rooms in ibis Pattaya.

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks,

Tarus

BionicMan
01-06-15, 06:53
Are you looking for one or two rooms?And one woman for all?

Mogwai
01-06-15, 11:04
And one woman for all?And one condom?

Mogwai
01-06-15, 11:04
Hello,

We are a group of 12 people and would be coming to Pattaya on the 8/01-11/01 and was looking out for a decent hotel near walking street.

Thanks,

TarusJust read the thread Pattaya Hotels.

Isc55
01-06-15, 13:37
I did not expect that my thread of 29.12. 14 would cause so many, and different, comments! Many thanks to all of you for your opinions and advice. They have been very useful, although I can not say that now I have things more clear!.

Yesterday Bunky said that to have more information about my trip would help to give more accurate advice. OK! Here it is: I will be in Pattaya early April after visiting Niannmar and Chiang Mai for ten days. I make this trip for my 65 birthday. When travelling I like staying in good hotels, but I this case I do not want to pay Marriott prices but something about 100-120 EUR per night. Obviously girl friendly and with the possibility to bring two girls if I like to do it.

Thanks again for the new advice and comments I am sure I will receive. I will try to compensate with a detailed thread when back at home.

OldGentleman
01-06-15, 15:21
Dear friend Taurus,

Open agoda page enter your date choose hotels near walking street either on beach road or adjacent roads.

It is very small place smaller than Koti area.

Request, wear decent clothes, smell good, talk slowly, go for hunting alone, pay correctly.

For soapy you have Sabai, Sabai dee, honey 1 and 2 , Rasputin.

Take care enjoy.

Ogm

Dinghy
01-07-15, 05:10
LODGING ON WALKING STREET:

Mr. Lefeu presents a reasonable counterargument. There are lots of gents who are perfectly happy staying in a modest hotel, such as the P72. And there are lots of gents who enjoy the hustle and bustle of neighborhoods like Walking Street in Pattaya and the Zona Norte in Tijuana. If Mr. 55 is that kind of guy he should look into Walking Street Hotels.

My personal taste is different. At this stage in life I prefer more upscale lodging. I love Pattaya for its laid-back beach vibe, for its cosmopolitan population and most of all for its multiple naughty boy options. But as I think most of the guys around here would agree, when one is on holiday it's unwise to go full speed all the time. So I like a little down time to recharge. Sure, there are public places to do that. Quiet beers bars where you can have a pint and a laugh with your mates on a slow afternoon. Hole-in-the-wall restaurants on the east side of Soi Buakaow. Cool dark cinemas. But when I need a break from all things Pattaya (or, heaven forbid, I need to get some work done) it's important to me to have a place that's entirely my own. A nice hotel in a quiet part of town (like Soi 13) fits the bill perfectly. As they say on the Interwebs, YMMMV.

OPINION OF THE LEK HOTEL:

I concur that the Lek Hotel is an older property that's seen better days. But the location is perfect, especially for a first time visitor. You can easily catch a baht bus headed south on Beach Road to Walking Street. If you're headed for Soi Six you can just as easily catch a baht bus headed north on Second Road. You can walk to Soi LK Metro via Soi Diana in just a few minutes. (Seriously. Even if you hate to walk, the Lek Hotel is close to everything.) If you're the type who comes all the way to Thailand and still patronizes American franchises, the Lek Hotel is steps from a McDonald's and a Starbucks. Plus The Avenue shopping center is across the street. Finally, the Lek Hotel offers a breakfast and dinner buffet, served poolside. It's not haute cuisine. But the tariff is modest and the bill of fare features both Thai and western food.

So again, if you're looking for a modestly-priced hotel where the staff is nice and the location is convenient, check out The Lek.

BunkyBetter food at APEX (on 2nd road between Diana and Soi 11} 10 be'fast for 1100 be (in October) 10 dinner for 1800 be (as I remember it).

You buy a book of coupons from the people selling "Daily rate meal tickets" at the desk on the right as you enter the dining facility.

Apex Rooms are in the 650 be range. Not fancy. But for myself, I go native. Which is easy "Dta pood Thai dai" (If speak Thai can. Literal translation) A ROOM is a place to keep one's STUFF and SLEEP (after "other activities") I've never been there during "Hi season" but I might try it in 2015.

TellAll
01-07-15, 05:46
Better food at APEX (on 2nd road between Diana and Soi 11} 10 be'fast for 1100 be (in October) 10 dinner for 1800 be (as I remember it).

You buy a book of coupons from the people selling "Daily rate meal tickets" at the desk on the right as you enter the dining facility.

Apex Rooms are in the 650 be range. Not fancy. But for myself, I go native. Which is easy "Dta pood Thai dai" (If speak Thai can. Literal translation) A ROOM is a place to keep one's STUFF and SLEEP (after "other activities") I've never been there during "Hi season" but I might try it in 2015.For me lodging is the first priority. I Stay for long period so a dump would not do for me. I have been in the Apex. It is unkept, walls were dirty and place was run down. I guess if you needed a place to store suitcases it would do, but for lodging not for me.

Bunky
01-07-15, 07:16
I will be in Pattaya early April. I make this trip for my 65th birthday. When traveling I like staying in good hotels, but I this case I do not want to pay Marriott prices but something about 100-120 EUR per night. Obviously girl friendly and with the possibility to bring two girls if I like to do it.If Mr. 55 is considering the Marriott, we know he is looking for relatively upscale lodging. A man after my own heart. He will be arriving after most of the winter holiday visitors have departed, so he should be able to find a nice place to stay for a reasonable tariff.

I have long recommended the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13, between Second Road and Beach Road. The location is very convenient, but that little stretch of Soi 13 is surprisingly tranquil. Mr. 55 should consider the one bedroom suite, which is a very comfortable place to stay. There is also a nice rooftop pool, although it's on the small side. My only complaint about the Whitehouse Condotel is that none of the rooms, no matter how grand, have a very nice view. So if you're looking for a view, find another hotel.

Across the street from the Whitehouse is the Hotel Baraquda. This is another hotel with a perfect location. The one bed room "jacuzzi suite" is big and lavish and very contemporary in design. This hotel used to be called the "Dusit D2," so when you search for photos and reviews on this board or elsewhere use that name.

The LK Renaissance is just east of Second Road and steps from the LK Metro entertainment zone, as well as from Soi Buakaow and all the places to hang out there. It also offers one bedroom suites. I don't care for the overwrought decor, but that's me. Lots of punters swear by this place. You can get some good rates by joining the hotel's frequent guest program.

The Page 10 is on Soi 10, between Second Road and Beach Road. They offer one suite, called the "Suite 808," which has the biggest damn bathroom in Pattaya, plus two balconies, plus a very nice rooftop pool with a killer view of the ocean. They also have a number of "Junior Suites," which are a trifle smaller. My only complaint about the Page 10 is that it's close to a noisy beer bar complex and the music is a little much when you're trying to sleep. If you book there, ask for a room on the north side of the building.

On the same street is the Sea Me Spring, which offers a "Sea Deluxe Room" that has an ocean view.

In low season all of these hotels can probably be booked for roughly 3000 baht per night. You may find better deals on Agoda, or my negotiating directly with the hotel via e-mail.

Finally, be advised that all those hotels have no problem with bringing back ONE girl. But some hotels have a problem with bringing back TWO. Usually this can be resolved with the payment of a joiner fee. But if the two girl thing is important to you it's best to be clear about the hotel's policy.

Bunky

P.S. As for the Battle of the Breakfast Buffets, I like the Apex too. (Mostly because I like hot tea with my meal and that's readily available at the Apex. On the other hand, the poolside tables at the Lek are a little nicer, it seems to me.) I think anybody looking for a cheap place to have breakfast should try both the Apex and the Lek. Or just sleep in later and skip right to lunch.

Dan D Dick
01-17-15, 02:01
I stay there often, typically in a suite & I pay $116 US per night (used to be right at $100 US). Contact the hotel directly & ask to speak with Mr. Nopporn. I'll be back April 10 for a little over two weeks. Perfect location walking out onto Wlaking Street; in fact I'm often there a few weeks & never go out the front.

/ dddick.

Cosmic30
01-17-15, 06:55
In Soi 10 Serenotel has just opened. I like this location. 3 times in sea me spring too, since Serenote is new, I checked their rates through facebook. 2800 sea view 2000 city view. Seems fair. Maybe some forum member checked it out already (beginner's problems?

Old New Guy
01-19-15, 12:59
Made it back after some 8 months. I had a good first night, but rather wanted to mention something about the area where I'm staying, that is east of sukhumvit, knwon as "near Siam country club", it is actually a very large area. Yes there is life here. I would say if you are staying for less than a week it may not be worth researching, but for a longer time it may give you the advantages of of being much less touristic and alot quieter, better priced and generally more welcome. It has cons as well, to which I'll go in a moment.

First of all, there is a lot of funky clubs out there. Some are more like the classic bars, some more Thai style with the dark glass doors and allusive neon signs. What is there inside will be a kind of surprise, I can say for sure do not expect the freshest selection, but a friendly bunch. The area is very popular with expats, perhaps the older ones. I think if you are easy going and especially from UK or Australia, you'll find a lot of them here.

There are basically no hotels around except some sort of economical resorts, but many apartments complex that can rented for the day, week, or month. Currently I pay bt 1,000 a day for a very large room, meaning I have a dining table and area, and I don't feel crushed by the walls as in the typical budget accommodation. The owner, an Asian foreigner, is a good friend of mine and has demonstrated that he's do everything to make sure that I'm safe and comfortable. I'm also renting a bike from him for Bt 115 a day.

The cons is that you can't really do without a bike here. The mototaxi charges just too much for what is fair and realistic, but what makes it miserable is that they behave as if they are doing a favor to you, beside being not always available. The ladies may be less than enthusiastic about, and complain a little, but I think that it can create occasion for an attitude test because in reality is just 5 more minutes from any other place, and can be kind of a test, if she complains too much you can offer the choice of taking 50 baht and be left there.

Well, that's pretty much about it, any question post here.

Member #4698
01-19-15, 13:26
Well, that's pretty much about it, any question post here.Specifically, which Darkside Bars did you like and why? So little is reported here on the Darkside Bar scene. A short trip report and bar review would be greatly appreciated. (It would probably be best to post your response in the Pattaya Reports thread. Thanks.)

Old New Guy
01-20-15, 11:35
Specifically, which Darkside Bars did you like and why? So little is reported here on the Darkside Bar scene. A short trip report and bar review would be greatly appreciated. (It would probably be best to post your response in the Pattaya Reports thread. Thanks.)Hi NB, yes I'll update on that as soon I have a tangible experience. I wanted to clarify on the price of rooms, disregard the daily rate I quoted, if staying for a month you would pay Bt 9,000 plus electric bill. Usually couple thousands per month depending by A / see level of addiction.

Maxxi
01-21-15, 13:17
For those who don't know, Flipper House is a hotel in soy 7 that is guest friendly, or so I thought.

Some weeks ago I met a really cute 18 year old girl born in Pattaya in a mall and last night she came to join me in my room with plans to stay for the night.

About one hour later the hotel phone rings and the guy with the night shift who took her card tells me "your lady 18, not allowed to keep in room". Then he asks if I "boom boomed her". I think this is extremely rude to ask a hotel guest and an invasion of my privacy, so I just ignore him and say we are just sleeping. Then he tells me that he will get the police to come, and if I don't pay him 500 baht I will have big problems! I don't mind paying 500 baht at all but I do mind giving it to this asshole, my girl also said I should not pay. So I told the girl I have to change my hotel and we agreed she should go for now. She has come with me several times in other hotels without any issues.

Another person with a night shift said that the hotel accepts guest with minimum 20 years in room. That still doesn't explain why cops have to be brought in (I saw a man in cop uniform waiting next to the guy who called as I walked down and tried to make sense of it.) he also waited one hour to call my room instead of saying something right away.

Any thoughts or advice on this? Have you experienced problems with girls who are between 18 and 20 or know hotels around 1200 baht relatively central that don't cause a problem for 18 year olds?

Wolvenvacht
01-21-15, 20:29
For those who don't know, Flipper House is a hotel in soy 7 that is guest friendly, or so I thought.

Some weeks ago I met a really cute 18 year old girl born in Pattaya in a mall and last night she came to join me in my room with plans to stay for the night.

About one hour later the hotel phone rings and the guy with the night shift who took her card tells me "your lady 18, not allowed to keep in room". Then he asks if I "boom boomed her". I think this is extremely rude to ask a hotel guest and an invasion of my privacy, so I just ignore him and say we are just sleeping. Then he tells me that he will get the police to come, and if I don't pay him 500 baht I will have big problems! I don't mind paying 500 baht at all but I do mind giving it to this asshole, my girl also said I should not pay. So I told the girl I have to change my hotel and we agreed she should go for now. She has come with me several times in other hotels without any issues.

Another person with a night shift said that the hotel accepts guest with minimum 20 years in room. That still doesn't explain why cops have to be brought in (I saw a man in cop uniform waiting next to the guy who called as I walked down and tried to make sense of it.) he also waited one hour to call my room instead of saying something right away.

Any thoughts or advice on this? Have you experienced problems with girls who are between 18 and 20 or know hotels around 1200 baht relatively central that don't cause a problem for 18 year olds?They tried to pull a scam on you. Of course it is well possible there is a hotel policy of not allowing people less than 20 to join guests, but that is no reason to ask you for money, nor to threaten with the police.

Breadman
01-21-15, 20:50
They tried to pull a scam on you. Of course it is well possible there is a hotel policy of not allowing people less than 20 to join guests, but that is no reason to ask you for money, nor to threaten with the police.I had the same issue with a door guy at the Mac Boutique hotel. They took the girls I'd at the reception and he ran up the stairs to catch me before we went into my room, he was trying to say she wasn't 18. They argued back and forth and its possible when I made no move to bribe the guy he let it slide and said "oh, she's old enough". Took the same girl a couple of times and one of those visits she stayed overnight and there was an issue with her staying LT without telling the desk, at least that's what the same guy said. Again, I think he was looking for a bribe.

Fast Eddie 48
01-27-15, 21:29

Any thoughts or advice on this? Have you experienced problems with girls who are between 18 and 20 or know hotels around 1200 baht relatively central that don't cause a problem for 18 year olds?To Maxxi.

Most newbie will fall for scam like this I stay at the Flipper many time without any issue bring girl back, the security just want to make some extra money try to shake you down and I have this happen to me in Bangkok a few time just take down their name and tell them you will speak to the hotel manager and going to check out and go to another hotel.

Fast eddie 48.

LittleBigMan
01-28-15, 02:05
Might be a scam and might not.

Years ago I know that Areca Lodge had such a policy that you had to be 20 years old and it wasn't the guard doing it. A buddy of mines used the. The. Exclusively and that is why he was staying at Areca. Him being a VIP with the. The. The manager at that time went over to the hotel and spoke to the manager about what had happened the night before and confirm the policy.

Today, with the current guy in charge and martial law some old rules are being enforced where they weren't in the past. Of course I would admit it is stick up to how much tea money you are willing to kick out whether it is to the BIB or the Military? I've heard rumors rumors the reason why so many go-go's particular in BKK the girls are cover is a new or old rule being applied?

Simian
01-28-15, 14:06
Might be a scam and might not.

Years ago I know that Areca Lodge had such a policy that you had to be 20 years old and it wasn't the guard doing it. A buddy of mines used the. The. Exclusively and that is why he was staying at Areca. Him being a VIP with the. The. The manager at that time went over to the hotel and spoke to the manager about what had happened the night before and confirm the policy.

Today, with the current guy in charge and martial law some old rules are being enforced where they weren't in the past. Of course I would admit it is stick up to how much tea money you are willing to kick out whether it is to the BIB or the Military? I've heard rumors rumors the reason why so many go-go's particular in BKK the girls are cover is a new or old rule being applied?The age of consent in Thailand is sometimes listed as 15, but there are a number of important caveats, including that between the age of 15 and 19 (I think), the parents have to provide consent to sexual activity. Beware that a parent can sue / prosecute someone who sleeps with their daughter even if she is 18.

An additional wrinkle is that a girl has to be 20 before she works in a bar, dances in a bar or place of entertainment and (whether implied or not) go to hotel with customers.

The Military / Police are merely enforcing the complicated and possibly inconsistent laws strictly.

Oddly enough, if the parents are paid off, someone can sleep with their daughter at the age of 15. It could also be the case that someone who is 18 can work in a massage place where she will provide FS and still be under the 20 year bar age.

LittleBigMan
01-28-15, 18:04
The age of consent in Thailand is sometimes listed as 15, but there are a number of important caveats, including that between the age of 15 and 19 (I think), the parents have to provide consent to sexual activity. Beware that a parent can sue / prosecute someone who sleeps with their daughter even if she is 18.

An additional wrinkle is that a girl has to be 20 before she works in a bar, dances in a bar or place of entertainment and (whether implied or not) go to hotel with customers.

The Military / Police are merely enforcing the complicated and possibly inconsistent laws strictly.

Oddly enough, if the parents are paid off, someone can sleep with their daughter at the age of 15. It could also be the case that someone who is 18 can work in a massage place where she will provide FS and still be under the 20 year bar age.Maybe I had a few too many drinks tonight on W. S. But what is you point? What you are saying is nothing new to me particularly how inconsistently the law is applied here? The BM posted that the guard questioning the age was a scam so he could get a few baht. My response was I'm not sure it was? As for the military enforcing the law anyone who lives here know whoever is in charge it is all about smoke and mirrors. Some establishments too small to make the big tea pay out if they are busted will enforce their request.

Ryo Saeba
01-28-15, 18:32
My trusted Mercure was fully booked, so after a some research I opted for (the more expensive) Baywalk Residence, which:
- is girlfriendly
- is located on the Beach Road, close enough to Walking St that theres no need of transportation
- has an in-room private safe and wi-fi
- has staff that answered very quickly to my mails at the time of booking.

Four nights including New Years Eve at 3,500 baht per night.
http://www.baywalkresidencepattaya.com

Ryo

Wolvenvacht
01-28-15, 20:26
The age of consent in Thailand is sometimes listed as 15, but there are a number of important caveats, including that between the age of 15 and 19 (I think), the parents have to provide consent to sexual activity. Beware that a parent can sue / prosecute someone who sleeps with their daughter even if she is 18.

Oddly enough, if the parents are paid off, someone can sleep with their daughter at the age of 15. It could also be the case that someone who is 18 can work in a massage place where she will provide FS and still be under the 20 year bar age.The age of consent is indeed 15 (article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code), but according to Section 8 of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, to have sex with anyone else but your spouse that person has to be 18 or older:

Section 8. Any person who, in order to gratify his or her sexual desire or that of another person, has sexual intercourse or acts otherwise against a person over fifteen but not over eighteen years of age in a prostitution establishment, with or without his or her consent, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to three years and to a fine of twenty thousand to sixty thousand Baht.

If the offence under paragraph one is committed in relation to a child not over fifteen years of age, the offender shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of two to six years and to a fine of forty thousand to one hundred twenty thousand Baht.

If the act under paragraph one is committed in relation to one's own spouse, and not to gratify the sexual desire of another person, the offender is not guilty.

Of course the minimum age for marriage in Thailand is 17 years of age, although the court can allow younger people to marry for good reasons (meaning, the girl is pregnant).

The legal age to consume alcohol is 20 years of age in Thailand, hence barworkers have to be at least 20 years old.

Mogwai
01-29-15, 09:28
The age of consent is indeed 15 (article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code), but according to Section 8 of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, to have sex with anyone else but your spouse that person has to be 18 or older:
SNIP
Also bear in mind that quite a lot of countries have laws that forbid their nationals to have sex with people below 18 in a foreign country, regardless the law in that country and even when you don't pay for the sex.

Sunlover2
01-29-15, 10:17
The age of consent is indeed 15 (article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code), but according to Section 8 of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, to have sex with anyone else but your spouse that person has to be 18 or older:Unless married; the consent laws require the participants to be in the same age bracket. So 15 yo is the age of consent if they are with a 15 yo to 17 yo.

There is a saying here in the US: 15 (years old) will get you 20 (years in prison).

I have engaged with BR ladies who with later discussion admitted they had no I'd and suggested we go to a short stay place instead of my hotel. I always said no thanks maybe next time and bid a hasty retreat. Besides being immoral I do not want to experience the inside of a Thai jail. IMO this issue, along unsafe sex practices, are the third rail of the hobby.

SL.

Bunky
02-01-15, 18:07
My trusted Mercure was fully booked, so after a some research I opted for (the more expensive) Baywalk Residence.Kudos to Mr. Saeba for his succinct and helpful review of the Baywalk Residence. I've often wondered about the accommodations there, and his report filled in some gaps. At 3500 baht per night his lodging was on the expensive side. But it appears he booked on short notice and of course it was the absolute zenith of the high season. All in all, it looks like a nice place to stay.

Bunky

CallBoy7565
02-02-15, 19:13
Dear bro,

I am planning to travel Pattaya for my bachelor party from India.

Could anyone suggest me some good hotels in which they allow additional person without charges and places where I can find good girls for fun with full night service or full trip service with economical price.

Please PM me the details.

Thank you very much for sharing the info in advance.

In benefit, I can share the contact details of India (Bangalore, Delhi).

Best regards.

TwoTimeTed
02-04-15, 03:14
At the Ozo.

With so many hotels and reviews and really not knowing where to go, I landed at Ozo. Price 1800 baht, about 55 USD. I can walk to the outlet mall and then right on Soi 3. 3. Short walk to Beach Road. The rooms are really nice. White tiles, everything looks elegant. One quirk, the really nice tiled shower has a glass wall and no door. Sort of like a bath tub with out shower curtains. So when I take a shower I have to be careful not to spray the rest of the bathroom from the shower.

They have food here, but they told me breakfast not included. So was not sure if that meant not included at all or since I didn't order it, I can't have it at room price (no option for it on Expedia).

I think I may just stay here and inquire about a room with a shower door that I can close.

Any better value?

TwoTimeTed
02-05-15, 10:00
Pattaya Bay Resort.

I stayed the first night at Ozo Hotel and tried to book the rest of the week there, they told me they were all booked up. So I took my baggage and walked over to Pattaya Bay Resort which is literally next door, but maps put it on the corner, I walked around the corner to the entrance. I took 3 nights. Hotel is basic reminds me of Nana Hotel.

Breakfast sucks, I don't recommend it.

During the daytime, I can hear the construction going on around the neighborhood, a couple of hotels their building, darn, no sleep time during the day. I'd like to point out that Ozo Hotel, I could not hear any construction.

This hotel charges about $45 USD a night. I should have booked Ozo had I known the details.

Lou32
02-11-15, 16:19
Greetings everyone.

I have been trying to RTFF in search of some information I have about staying in Pattaya but I am trying to get some guidance about the following issues specifically:

On my first Thailand trip in June I will be staying in Pattaya as opposed to Bangkok because I've been led to believe that Pattaya is more newbie friendly.

My budget is $60 USD to $80 USD per night for a room and I'd like a *tad* bit of luxury in that range (something similar to ABC in Angeles City, PI). Is this a reasonable price range?

I am also looking for a place in the center of the action where walking to and from is no big deal. Amenities like a pool, hotel bar and lounge aren't that important to me. Is there a particular hotel that you'd recommend a complete newbie to try out?

Thanks.

Member #4698
02-11-15, 17:14
My budget is $60 USD to $80 USD per night for a room and I'd like a *tad* bit of luxury in that range (something similar to ABC in Angeles City, PI). Is this a reasonable price range?
I am also looking for a place in the center of the action where walking to and from is no big deal. Amenities like a pool, hotel bar and lounge aren't that important to me. Is there a particular hotel that you'd recommend a complete newbie to try out?
First, ABC is a lot more than $80/ night. Second, there is no place in Pat I know of that has the ABC bordello ambiance, but that is not that important here since everything you want is easily found within walking distance of a good Pattaya hotel.

There are many good offerings in Pattaya that will more than fit your needs. In your price range and featuring a good location relatively close to all the action, I recommend Tim Boutique, LK Renaissance Hotel, and View Talay 6 condominiums. Check Agoda or Hotel dot Com and Dance Watchers for latest prices. http://www.dancewatchers.com/Luxury_View_Talay_6_Condo_rentals_room_views.html.html.

Lou32
02-11-15, 17:19
First, ABC is a lot more than $80/ night. Second, there is no place in Pat I know of that has the ABC bordello ambiance, but that is not that important here since everything you want is easily found within walking distance of a good Pattaya hotel. In your price range and with a good location relatively close to all the actioin, I recommend Tim Boutique, LK Renaissance Hotel, and View Talay 6 condominiums. http://www.dancewatchers.com/Luxury_View_Talay_6_Condo_rentals_room_views.html.html. I am sure other BM's will suggest other good choices, but these three I have listed I know of personally.Believe me, I wish ABC was $80 per night as I stayed there a few months ago and that would have been great. I shouldn't have implied that I was looking for an EXACT match to ABC but something approaching that experience but in a lower range. Thanks for your suggestions and I'll look into them.

Bishop80
02-12-15, 01:28
Greetings everyone.

I have been trying to RTFF in search of some information I have about staying in Pattaya but I am trying to get some guidance about the following issues specifically:

On my first Thailand trip in June I will be staying in Pattaya as opposed to Bangkok because I've been led to believe that Pattaya is more newbie friendly.

Thanks.It all depends how long you are staying. When I'm in town its for a month at a time, and then its better value for money (imo) to book a condo. I always stay at View Talay 6 in a nice big condo with ocean view towards WS. The condo has everything you need and most important of all the bed has a nice soft mattress (hate those hard as stone beds in Thai hotels). This condo sets me back just under $60 a night. VT6 has a near perfect location. Smack in between WS and Soi 6 and right next to Central Festival with all it has to offer. Would never stay anywhere else in Pattaya.

Mogwai
02-12-15, 02:32
Greetings everyone.

Thanks.Maybe Sea Me Spring and Sea Me Spring Too, in soi 10 close to Beach Road, are what you're looking for.

Yujin
02-12-15, 04:04
Greetings everyone.

Thanks.http://www.arecalodge.com/index.php

From March 1 - October 31,2015, the standard room is THB 1,800 (US $55) and Deluxe THB 1,900 (US $58). The rooms in the Evergreen Tower are a bit more expensive, but still within your price range if you want to splurge.

The location is perfect and the rooms appear to be well-maintained. The amenities (two swimming pools, fitness room, free room WI-FI, free buffet breakfast) are excellent for a hotel in this price range ($50-$60).

If you're looking for a place to swim, I read on another Pattaya board that this hotel was the only one where he witnessed hotel staff routinely testing the safety of the swimming pool water. I always wondered about that since there's nothing worse than getting swimmer's itch while on vacation.

I haven't yet stayed at the Areca Lodge, but I will next month. My recommendation is based upon my own research and from my previous stays at other hotels in Pattaya. That being said, internet reviews on this hotel are overwhelming positive. The most significant guest complaint is nighttime noise from the nearby clubs and bars. If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

There are several YouTube videos uploaded by the hotel and guests that will give you a visual overview of the hotel.

Book early since this is a popular hotel. To confirm and hold your reservation, you will have to pay for one-night.

PrinceRaj2126
02-12-15, 06:25
I stayed earlier in LK Metropole and LK renaissance, both in Soi Diana and close to all proximity, esp LK metro and 10 min walk to WS.

Have all amenities like spa, fitness gm, swimming pool, close but yet no noises in room for a sound sleep. Got and big room around 40 sq mt and best part is price.

LK metropole come around USD $55 and LK Resinnance around $ 65.

I too plan to visit again 1st week June, hope scene is going that time. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Greetings everyone.

Thanks.

Lou32
02-12-15, 11:58
http://www.arecalodge.com/index.php

From March 1 - October 31,2015, the standard room is THB 1,800 (US $55) and Deluxe THB 1,900 (US $58). The rooms in the Evergreen Tower are a bit more expensive, but still within your price range if you want to splurge.

The location is perfect and the rooms appear to be well-maintained. The amenities (two swimming pools, fitness room, free room WI-FI, free buffet breakfast) are excellent for a hotel in this price range ($50-$60).

If you're looking for a place to swim, I read on another Pattaya board that this hotel was the only one where he witnessed hotel staff routinely testing the safety of the swimming pool water. I always wondered about that since there's nothing worse than getting swimmer's itch while on vacation.

I haven't yet stayed at the Areca Lodge, but I will next month. My recommendation is based upon my own research and from my previous stays at other hotels in Pattaya. That being said, internet reviews on this hotel are overwhelming positive. The most significant guest complaint is nighttime noise from the nearby clubs and bars. If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

There are several YouTube videos uploaded by the hotel and guests that will give you a visual overview of the hotel.

Book early since this is a popular hotel. To confirm and hold your reservation, you will have to pay for one-night.Great info! I'll look into it.

Lou32
02-12-15, 12:00
At Bishop80: I'm staying for 5 nights then heading off to the Philippines. Thanks for the tip though.

At Mogwai: Thanks.

Bunky
02-14-15, 19:28
My budget is $60-80 USD per night for a room and I'd like a *tad* bit of luxury in that range. I am also looking for a place in the center of the action where walking to and from is no big deal.I recommend the Whitehouse Condotel:

http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/

If you've never been to Pattaya before, and you're looking for something centrally located, the Whitehouse Condotel is ideal. It's on the south side of Soi 13, east of Beach Road and west of Second Road. From there you can easily walk to Beach Road and catch a baht bus headed south to Walking Street. In about 90 seconds you can walk to Second Road. If you're headed for Soi LK Metro it's an easy walk. If you're headed for Soi 6, you can catch a baht bus headed north on Second Road. In addition to being ideally located in respect of the naughty boy haunts, the Whitehouse is also within walking distance of all the usual creature comforts like, laundries, bars, restaurants, Starbuck's and McDonald's.

Even though the Whitehouse Condotel is in the centre of everything, it's still a quiet place. (They get a lot of golfers there, so the vibe is chilled out and relaxed.) On your budget you can book either a Superior or a Deluxe room. If you use the search function, you'll find lots of reports here on the Whitehouse. I think you'd like staying there.

Bunky

RajivJ
02-19-15, 09:48
Hi,

Did you finalized any hotel with the below requirement. I am also visiting in March and have somewhat same requirement.

Dear bro,

I am planning to travel Pattaya for my bachelor party from India.

Could anyone suggest me some good hotels in which they allow additional person without charges and places where I can find good girls for fun with full night service or full trip service with economical price.

Please PM me the details.

Thank you very much for sharing the info in advance.

In benefit, I can share the contact details of India (Bangalore, Delhi).

Best regards.

Lou32
02-19-15, 11:30
I recommend the Whitehouse Condotel:

If you've never been to Pattaya before, and you're looking for something centrally located, the Whitehouse Condotel is ideal. It's on the south side of Soi 13, east of Beach Road and west of Second Road. From there you can easily walk to Beach Road and catch a baht bus headed south to Walking Street. In about 90 seconds you can walk to Second Road. If you're headed for Soi LK Metro it's an easy walk. If you're headed for Soi 6, you can catch a baht bus headed north on Second Road. In addition to being ideally located in respect of the naughty boy haunts, the Whitehouse is also within walking distance of all the usual creature comforts like, laundries, bars, restaurants, Starbuck's and McDonald's.

Even though the Whitehouse Condotel is in the centre of everything, it's still a quiet place. (They get a lot of golfers there, so the vibe is chilled out and relaxed.) On your budget you can book either a Superior or a Deluxe room. If you use the search function, you'll find lots of reports here on the Whitehouse. I think you'd like staying there.

BunkyThanks. Looks good except for the having to take a bus part but I'll look into it anyways.

Feelz Good
02-19-15, 12:49
Is the VT6 Girl Friendly? Any issues bringing a young lady back after hours, Security? And what about maid service and restaurants? Let me know about the pro's and con's.

Thanks in advance!

It all depends how long you are staying. When I'm in town its for a month at a time, and then its better value for money (imo) to book a condo. I always stay at View Talay 6 in a nice big condo with ocean view towards WS. The condo has everything you need and most important of all the bed has a nice soft mattress (hate those hard as stone beds in Thai hotels). This condo sets me back just under $60 a night. VT6 has a near perfect location. Smack in between WS and Soi 6 and right next to Central Festival with all it has to offer. Would never stay anywhere else in Pattaya.

Mogwai
02-19-15, 12:49
Thanks. Looks good except for the having to take a bus part but I'll look into it anyways.Unless you want to hunt for girls in the same area all the time, from a hotel close to or in that area, the bath busses are almost unavoidable to get from A to B. The scene in Pattaya is spread over a large area. To give you an impression: Beach Road is about 3 km long. From short time street Soi 6 to agogo street Walking Street is about 2 km for example.

Taking a bath bus is really no big deal at all once you know the drill and there are literally dozens of them driving around all the time. Most of them are circling over Beach Road, South Pattaya Road, Second Road and then Beach Road again. Stand at the (left!) side of the road and raise your hand if you see one coming. Hop on, 'enjoy' the ride (inhaling exhaust fumes most of the time), press the bell when you've reached your destination (might be a bit difficult to figure out in the beginning), hop off and pay the driver 10 baht.

Some rides are more 'expensive'. For example: from the bus station in Pattaya north, where most of us arrive, to Beach Road is 30 Baht. And from Pattaya to Jomtien beach is 20 bath if I'm not mistaken (haven't been there much).

Mogwai
02-19-15, 12:56
Is the VT6 Girl Friendly? Any issues bringing a young lady back after hours, Security? And what about maid service and restaurants? Let me know about the pro's and con's.

Thanks in advance!Yes, girl friendly.
Has security.
Has maid service (for a price).
Restaurants are right next door in Central Festival mall. Including a pretty good food court in the basement.

Rolodido
02-19-15, 17:42
Greetings everyone.

ThanksI only stayed 2 times in Pattaya.

First visit was in the Bayview Pattaya. Hotel was nice and had a promotion through one of the booking sites. Didn't bring any girls to my room but noticed others did so suppose it's girl's friendly. It's one of the bigger hotels on Beach road. Breakfast was nice, have 2 bigger pools. Good thing about the hotel is that you can leave the hotel through beach road or 2nd road.

Last time I stayed in the sea me spring too. Hotel is cheaper then the bayview but less luxury as well. Never had any breakfast there and don't know what it looks like either.

Pool is on the roof top but on the small side. This hotel is totally girl friendly. Asked for a non smoking room but is smelled like an ashtray. Asked for another room but nothing could be done. After all, ok hotel if your looking for something centrally located without much hassle. WOuld I go again. Depending on the deal.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rolo

Feelz Good
02-19-15, 19:54
Thank you for the quick come back. Now I have to find an excuse to partake for 25-30 days.

Yes, girl friendly.
Has security.
Restaurants are right next door in Central Festival mall. Including a pretty good food court in the basement.

Jgm005
02-19-15, 21:09
SNIPPED
SNIPPED.If you book it through Dancewatcher than maid service is extra.

If you book it through Honeys the maid service is not extra. Least as of a few months ago.

Lou32
02-20-15, 01:09
Thanks, Mogwai. I didn't know that bus usage was kinda unavoidable. Guess I got to learn how to use them (routes) before I get there. Not a huge deal though.

HornDog 3
02-20-15, 02:07
I recommend the Whitehouse Condotel:

BunkyI just booked a deluxe room for $280.4 nights of fun.

Bishop80
02-20-15, 05:36

Thanks in advance!No issues regarding girls, or anything else for that matter. There is a desk at the elevator with a guy, but no trouble at all. Maid service depends on where you book your condo. I don't have maid service where I book, and I'm thankful for it. It annoys the hell out of me having cleaning come knocking when I least expect it. Central is right next door, with pretty much everything you can desire when it comes to eating out.

I don't really have any cons about this place. Its just perfect located in between everything, and it beats the hell out of staying at a hotel.

Bunky
02-20-15, 15:52
Thanks (for recommending the Whiteshouse Condotel). Looks good except for the having to take a bus.I don't know Mr. 32's home base, but I think it's fair to say that in most nations taking the bus is usually not a convenient way to travel. And before all you public transit advocates climb on my case I'll concede that there are plenty of exceptions to my generalization. But when Mr. 32 wonders about "having to take a bus" I infer that he's not wild about traveling that way while on holiday.

He need not be concerned. First, the Whitehouse Condotel is located pretty much in the dead center of Pattaya (or at least in the dead center of the parts of Pattaya that he'll be interested in). So if he prefers to walk, he can hoof it every place he'd probably want to visit. From Soi 13 to Walking Street is not that far, really. And if traffic is backed up, walking can actually be faster than the baht bus. From Soi 13 to Soi LK Metro is even closer. Definitely no need for a baht bus to make that trip. Finally, the trip from Soi 13 to Soi 6 is the longest of the three. But if Mr. 32 is bound and determined to make the journey on foot he can do so easily. I'd say it takes my portly self about 20 minutes to make that walk. So any reasonably fit guy could do it in 10-15.

Mr. 32 should also now that the baht "bus" is nothing like any bus he's accustomed to in his homeland. There are no bus "stops." All he has to do is stand on the left side of Beach Road, Second Road or Soi Buakaow (and lots of other thoroughfares). He'll see an armada of pickup trucks fitted to carry passengers in the bed. The interval between "buses" is usually less than 60 seconds. Just flag them down and the driver will stop. Hop aboard and ride to where you're going. When you want to get off, you push a button that sets off a buzzer to alert the driver. He pulls over and stops. You get off and pay him 20 baht through the window on the left side of the cab. (I realize that's the farang fare, but I cheerfully pay it. I think the baht bus drivers are unsung heroes, so it doesn't bother me to cough up an extra 30 cents.)

Again, I realize that many punters live in places where taking the bus is an inconvenient (albeit thrifty) mode of transport. Not so in Pattaya.

Bunky

Postsript: If all else fails you can hire a motorcycle taxi for a door-to-door trip for 60-100 baht. Moto-taxis are popular with locals and a lot of punters, but they are more hazardous than the baht bus. Is the risk worth the convenience? Many locals and lots of punters use them all the time. I use them too, but only when absolutely necessary. Just my two satengs worth.

Jgm005
02-20-15, 17:49
SNIPPED

Mr. 32 should also now that the baht "bus" is nothing like any bus he's accustomed to in his homeland. There are no bus "stops." All he has to do is stand on the left side of Beach Road, Second Road or Soi Buakaow (and lots of other thoroughfares). He'll see an armada of pickup trucks fitted to carry passengers in the bed. The interval between "buses" is usually less than 60 seconds. Just flag them down and the driver will stop. Hop aboard and ride to where you're going. When you want to get off, you push a button that sets off a buzzer to alert the driver. He pulls over and stops. You get off and pay him 20 baht through the window on the left side of the cab. (I realize that's the farang fare, but I cheerfully pay it. I think the baht bus drivers are unsung heroes, so it doesn't bother me to cough up an extra 30 cents.)

SNIPPED20 BAHT? I was just there for a month and it was 'hand the arm stretched out 10 baht and walk away' with no problems.

Getting off just before the Walking Street sign (from VT 6). Or catching it on 2nd road back up to VT6.

Getting off at Soi 6 (from VT 6). Or catching it on Beach road back down to VT6.

Feelz Good
02-20-15, 19:21
Will the guy at the elevator take the girls I'd? And then call me before he gives it back to her on her way out?

No issues regarding girls, or anything else for that matter. There is a desk at the elevator with a guy, but no trouble at all. Maid service depends on where you book your condo. I don't have maid service where I book, and I'm thankful for it. It annoys the hell out of me having cleaning come knocking when I least expect it. Central is right next door, with pretty much everything you can desire when it comes to eating out.

I don't really have any cons about this place. Its just perfect located in between everything, and it beats the hell out of staying at a hotel.

Breadman
02-20-15, 22:56
20 BAHT? I was just there for a month and it was 'hand the arm stretched out 10 baht and walk away' with no problems.
Same here, always handed them a 10 baht coin without a problem. Don't ask for change, if a 20 baht note is all you have them hand that over and walk away.

Jgm005
02-20-15, 23:27
Will the guy at the elevator take the girls I'd? And then call me before he gives it back to her on her way out?I have stayed at View Talay 6 many times over a number of years.

I have never had a problem bringing up to the condo anyone or several girls.

In the beginning there was not a desk, just before the elevators, to take a girls I'd.

For me it is hit and miss if they ask for their I'd. If it is someone whom I have known for a long time.

They just go up with me and I will escort them back down with no issues.

If it is a newbie I will make sure the desk takes their I'd and, again, I escort them down to get their I'd back.

The outdoor pool at the beach road end is huge and great. Though it can get crowded at times with families or Russians. I have noticed over the years more and more Russian couples stay at VT6.

There is an exit from the VT6 property at the Beach Road end down a short walkway. When you checkin, beside your condo key, you will get a small disk that unlocks the electronic gate from the property to the Beach road walkway. Hanging a right is a short walk to Central Festival with a 7-11 right there. Though lots of times the walkway is cluttered with folks and vendors.

You can walk out and catch a baht bus, 10 bt, to Walking street though it is an easy walk to W / S.

I can not speak for Dance watchers for I have not used them in years but Honeys you schedule when you want your room cleaned. It is not extra.

Sharky, the HUGE tattooed Australian guy with a checkered past and is usually shirtless has a condo there.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Pattaya-shark-man.htm

Mogwai
02-21-15, 03:01
Same here, always handed them a 10 baht coin without a problem. Don't ask for change, if a 20 baht note is all you have them hand that over and walk away.Don't ask for change? If I only have a 20 or 50 or 100 note I always GET change, I never have to ask for it.
One time the driver didn't have any change and I didn't have to pay at all!

Oosik
02-21-15, 09:57
I have no idea what I did wrong, but my only attempt at the Baht Bus years ago ended up with me, as the last customer, being discharged at the circle with the amorous dolphins statue. I walked all the way back to Walking Street. I can vouch for the comment that Pattaya's scene is pretty spread out. Along the way I cut from Second Road to Beach Road on a poorly chosen soi. I felt lucky not to come out at least bi-curious, or even engaged to some guy named Bruno the Boner. I've stuck to moto-taxis ever since.

My question is how one knows where the Second Road buses really go. Do some some go farther on instead of heading back Beach Road, or was my driver going home for the night? I don't see the markings like the Jeepneys in the PI. I understand that asking the driver if he is going someplace will often be treated as a desire to charter the bus and that 10 (or 20) baht fare will be but a happy memory.

Mogwai
02-21-15, 12:18
I have no idea what I did wrong, but my only attempt at the Baht Bus years ago ended up with me, as the last customer, being discharged at the circle with the amorous dolphins statue. I walked all the way back to Walking Street. I can vouch for the comment that Pattaya's scene is pretty spread out. Along the way I cut from Second Road to Beach Road on a poorly chosen soi. I felt lucky not to come out at least bi-curious, or even engaged to some guy named Bruno the Boner. I've stuck to moto-taxis ever since.

My question is how one knows where the Second Road buses really go. Do some some go farther on instead of heading back Beach Road, or was my driver going home for the night? I don't see the markings like the Jeepneys in the PI. I understand that asking the driver if he is going someplace will often be treated as a desire to charter the bus and that 10 (or 20) baht fare will be but a happy memory.I think the majority (over 95%?) of the baht buses on Second Road is circling over Beach Road, South Pattaya Road and Second Road all the time. Some of them might take a short cut through one of the sois between Second Road and Beach Road. I've seen markings sometimes but to be honest I never pay attention to them. If the bus goes anywhere where I don't want to go I ring the bell, hop off and flag another one. The damage is only 10 baht after all.

Just try them again Oosik. Much cheaper and better for your heart (safer) than moto-taxis.

SirWilliam4
02-21-15, 17:15
Most of the baht buses on Second Road circle back onto Beach Road. A few of them continue on to Naklua. Just ask the driver.

SW4.

My question is how one knows where the Second Road buses really go. Do some some go farther on instead of heading back Beach Road, or was my driver going home for the night? I don't see the markings like the Jeepneys in the PI. I understand that asking the driver if he is going someplace will often be treated as a desire to charter the bus and that 10 (or 20) baht fare will be but a happy memory.

Run Mann
02-21-15, 18:20
My question is how one knows where the Second Road buses really go. Do some some go farther on instead of heading back Beach Road, or was my driver going home for the night? I don't see the markings like the Jeepneys in the PI. I understand that asking the driver if he is going someplace will often be treated as a desire to charter the bus and that 10 (or 20) baht fare will be but a happy memory.You have to ask as there are no fixed Baht Bus Route. These drivers will go where they want and even if they tell you they're going a specific route they will change course in an instant to take another customer who is willing to pay 150B and up to another location.

Breadman
02-21-15, 23:07

My question is how one knows where the Second Road buses really go. Do some some go farther on instead of heading back Beach Road, or was my driver going home for the night? I don't see the markings like the Jeepneys in the PI. I understand that asking the driver if he is going someplace will often be treated as a desire to charter the bus and that 10 (or 20) baht fare will be but a happy memory.Same thing happened to me but I didn't have to walk all the way back, just grabbed another baht bus heading in the right direction. I rode many baht bus's and I got the impression they'd take you up to the dolphin statue (past the massage joints) and then stop and tell everybody to get out. I'm guessing to get another ten bahts from the same people once they turn around and start heading back to walking street. Or am I mistaken and you can actually do an entire circular tour of Pattaya for ten baht?

Allover
02-22-15, 00:35
A lot of them going up Second Road make a left turn onto Soi 2 near the body massage places. Then they go to Beach Road and towards Walking Street again.

Oosik
02-22-15, 08:35
I sort of suspect it was as SW4 mentioned, that the bus was headed to points beyond, except that he stopped at the circle, got out and asked me where I was going instead of just taking me to wherever, then hitting me for another 10 baht to return. He obviously wasn't headed back to Walking Street or he would have just demanded the 10 baht as Breadman suggested. Very weird. I probably just had the incredible misfortune of getting a guy on his last lap of the night. I'll try again, though I do like the motos: Faster, and, having just visited my 93 year old mother, I've decided that old age isn't for me.

Wolvenvacht
02-22-15, 09:24
Or am I mistaken and you can actually do an entire circular tour of Pattaya for ten baht?In many bath busses I have seen a tariff poster (at least I think it is a tariff poster) with a complicated matrix of prices, both below and above 10 bath. Nobody ever takes any notice of it and indeed for 10 bath you can do a round trip.

FunlvGguy
03-02-15, 05:36
Hi,

I am planning to visit Pattaya end of March for ten days. On my last visit I stayed at Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13. Nice hotel and close to action. They have increased rate to 1600 baht / night.

I just wanted to know if it possible to rent an apartment near beach road for 10 days and what will be the rent? Any suggestions for other hotels in range of 1000 baht?

Getting excited.

Cheers

FunlvGguy
03-02-15, 11:22
I just booked a deluxe room for $280.4 nights of fun.Well done. I agree with BUNKY as I stayed there last year and it is a great hotel.

Awesome Man
03-08-15, 16:55
Looking for a hotel for my stay in July, and this time I'd like to stay in the Soi 7/8 area. Not over 1500 baht a night, and there must be some place.

Outside the room where one can sit and relax. A pool area, a garden or similar. What about Flipper House and Flipper Lodge? They seem tobe similar oriced, are they good places to stay? Which one is the better choice?

Thank's in advance.

Fast Eddie 48
03-10-15, 22:50
Looking for a hotel for my stay in July, and this time I'd like to stay in the Soi 7/8 area. Not over 1500 baht a night, and there must be some place.

Outside the room where one can sit and relax. A pool area, a garden or similar. What about Flipper House and Flipper Lodge? They seem tobe similar oriced, are they good places to stay? Which one is the better choice?

Thank's in advance.To Awesome Man.

I Just book Flipper Lodge for next week I stay there last OCT, Flipper House is a newer hotel was under remodeling last Oct no sure is finish yet and the Flipper Lodge was remodeling about 5 yr ago, I have stay at Flipper House a few time before they have a better pool with walk up bar price and nicer room is bit higher but they are offer deal during remodeling, try book a room on high floor or bring ear plug is very noisy in that area.

Fast eddie 48.

Jp Slicky
03-14-15, 08:20
A lot of whompa whompa whompa at night.

Went for a swim in the pool because I sunburn easy a girl attendant flipped out and brought up two maintenance guys to take care of me, but I already took it off.

Lady at the desk would not even help me translate to the motorcycle taxi to get where I needed to go to get a bus to another part of Thailand.

Breakfast is pretty good though, rooms just ok. located near beach and in the thick of the action

Awesome Man
03-14-15, 08:41
Thank you guys for your info regarding Flipper House / Lodge. I do swim with a shirt on as well, it's fine with some hotels but at some places they get mad.

KrisMonger
03-14-15, 13:30
Was on a short visit to Pattaya last week and stayed at Aya. Hotel is very guest friendly. Staff very helpful and laid back. Breakfast was so-so (but you are not there to gouge breakfast are you? Stayed in a deluxe room and it was a pretty decent sized one. You will definitely hear some noise until 1 AM at least-but if you are out and about -doesn't really matter. Very convenient location. A few blocks to Walking street and a slightly longer walk to the Soi LK Metro area. Access to food was not an issue -with a lot of choice for Indian, Turkish (middle eastern). The bellhop / tuktuk driver at the hotel was pushing Honey Body massage (turns out he gets 100 baht for every visit).

Mogwai
03-14-15, 16:03
Thank you guys for your info regarding Flipper House / Lodge. I do swim with a shirt on as well, it's fine with some hotels but at some places they get mad.I don't get it. What's wrong with swimming with your shirt on? The Thai usually swim fully clothed!

Dg8787
03-14-15, 16:37
I don't get it. What's wrong with swimming with your shirt on? The Thai usually swim fully clothed!I think it goes back to the old notion that the clothes or threads can clog up the filtering system. I can remember in the old days you could not swim with cutoffs and long haired girls had to wear bathing caps. Also some clothes just discolor right there in the clorine. Just my guess.

ConquerorVal
03-14-15, 17:18
I don't get it. What's wrong with swimming with your shirt on? The Thai usually swim fully clothed!For people that may have had pre skin cancer moles removed or that are prone to skin cancer, I would highly recommend wearing a top when exposed to the sun. You can buy tops that provide protection. I wear it when I am on a beach and go swimming. I would be more concerned about pissing in the pool or spitting both of which I have seen in other parts of the world.

ConquerorVal
03-14-15, 17:49
Stayed here during my two night adventure in Pattaya. I have mixed feelings about this hotel, as I found it rather depressing. The room felt dated and gloomy. I hate it when the mini fridges are packed with items, not leaving enough for my water, beer, whiskey, but this is not unique to this establishment. Everything worked fine, including wifi, tv, water pressure. Never had a chance to taste the breakfast due to late nights. Staff was extremely helpful and location was very good! The hotel was very quiet and sedate if that is your thing. I think I will try another place next time.

Yujin
03-15-15, 16:29
I don't get it. What's wrong with swimming with your shirt on? The Thai usually swim fully clothed!I agree that wearing street shirt to swim is not unusual in some Asian countries, but it's usual done in the ocean. I've never seen it done in a hotel swimming pool that caters to Western guests. Likewise, for health and safety concerns, it's strictly prohibited in public swimming pools in the USA.

TYR, Speedo, Arena, Body Glove, O'Neill, and others make swim shirts or rash guard shirts that are intended for water use with some offering SPF protection. If you wear one of these in a swimming pool, you shouldn't raise any concerns.

Broxy
03-19-15, 16:15
I will be in Pattaya. 13 may and would appreciate. Any help in finding a decent room near beach road. Soi 13 up to Soi 7 maximum 900 baht per night thanks members.

Christian G
03-19-15, 19:37
I will be in Pattaya. 13 may and would appreciate. Any help in finding a decent room near beach road. Soi 13 up to Soi 7 maximum 900 baht per night thanks members.
Lek Hotel, I think still have a standard room for 800 b, but room is not so decent IMO.
You can find some nice hotel with a good price in soi Buakhao or guesthouse in soi LK Metro if is not too far for you.

ActionOriented
03-24-15, 07:31
A new guesthouse appears to have opened, above some Go-Go. The rooms look slightly bigger than ST rooms. Pricing seems reasonable.

http://walkingstreetguesthouse.com/rooms_type/rooms/

If anyone stays here, do post a review.

Yujin
03-25-15, 03:42
http://www.arecalodge.com/

I've visited Pattaya five times over the past 15 years. On each visit, I've stayed in different hotels. This is my first stay at the Areca Lodge. I stayed there for seven nights in mid-March 2015. I booked directly through their website and I was charged one-night stay to hold my reservation.

I booked a DELUXE room at an internet price of THB 1,900 (inclusive of VAT). When I arrived, the front desk offered me a one-year membership in their ACE Club for THB 890. The ACE Club benefits are 15% off all in-house services at their massage / spa, their hair lounge, and all food & non-alcoholic drinks. It also reduced my room rate for my DELUXE room to THB 1,650. Since I was staying for seven nights, the cost of the ACE Club membership was worthwhile since it saved me THB 1,750 for a seven-night stay (THB 13,300 vs. THB 11,550). If you're staying for less than four nights, joining the ACE Club is probably not worth it.

There are three towers: Areca, Corona, and Evergreen. The Evergreen Tower is the newest of the three and it has its own entry and front desk.

My DELUXE room was in the Areca Tower which is the oldest of the three. Although it's in the oldest tower, my DELUXE room did not disappoint me. It was not "worn-out" by age or use. Instead, I found my room large, modern, comfortable and well-maintained.

If location is important, the Areca Lodge is at the edge of the LK Metro bar zone. The Devil's Den is less than a minute walk away.

The hotel is GF friendly.

My room had a small room safe (too small for most laptops).

Small refrigerator.

Free WI-FI, but signal wasn't the strongest.

Free good buffet breakfast.

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

Large tour groups do NOT stay there.

It's popular with farang families and couples. I met one couple who planned on staying there for over a month.

The two fitness centers have old, but usable exercise equipment.

For those who like to sunbath, both swimming decks / pools have good sun exposure throughout the day. Unlike other Pattaya hotels that I've stayed at, the building heights do not cast a long or significant shadow over the pools.

My preferred method of exercise is swimming laps. In looking at the hotel photos, the Blue Ocean Pool appears to be larger / longer and more suitable for swimming laps, but I found the Cabana Pool to be the better of the two. I found more guests using the Blue Ocean Pool since its designed for socializing in the water. The kidney bean shaped Cabana Pool wasn't as crowded and it has 16-yard length (my wild guess on measurement) of swimmable water so it was my preferred pool. There's another 1 yard that's not swimmable since there are step benches for sitting and soaking at one end.

You can tell that the Areca Lodge takes great pride in their swimming pools. At home, I swim 3 to 4 times per week in an indoor pool and an outdoor pool during the summer. Outdoor pools are notoriously difficult to keep clean, but the Blue Ocean Pool and the Cabana Pool are two of the cleanest pools that I've ever used (cleaner than most indoor pools that I've used).

The only downside that I can give of the Areca Lodge is that if you're an early sleeper, the mind-numbing beat of techno music from the nearby beer bars can keep you awake. If that's the case for you, be sure to stay at the Evergreen Tower since it's further away from LK Metro bar zone or bring a set of Mack's silicone earplugs http://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Soft-Silicone-Earplugs/dp/B004RRGUCY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1427248473&sr=8-7&keywords=mack+ear+plugs+silicone.

I've always stayed at a different hotel every time I've visited Pattaya, but I'll probably break from that pattern and stay at the Areca Lodge on my next visit since my experience was very positive. My ACE Club membership is valid through March 10,2016 so hopefully I'll be back before then to take advantage of the ACE Club discounted room rates.

I'm not going to upload any photos that I took of the Areca Lodge to this review. Instead, if you search YouTube, you can find several videos that were uploaded by guests that'll give you a better visual on the Areca Lodge.

If you're looking for a hotel in US $50-$60 range, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Areca Lodge (at least for their DELUXE room).

Hamlek
03-30-15, 10:38
A new guesthouse appears to have opened, above some Go-Go. The rooms look slightly bigger than ST rooms. Pricing seems reasonable.

http://walkingstreetguesthouse.com/rooms_type/rooms/

If anyone stays here, do post a review.It's my guest house so can't really review it but 14 reviews on Agoda so far and mostly positive, http://www.agoda.com/walking-street-guest-house/hotel/pattaya-th.html#HotelReviewHeader.

Deore27
04-01-15, 20:42
My first trip to Thailand is coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any hotel recommendations for Pattaya. Within walking distance to walking street with a decent pool and gym. Price around 1200-1500 Baht.

Thanks

SirWilliam4
04-01-15, 21:58
My first trip to Thailand is coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any hotel recommendations for Pattaya. Within walking distance to walking street with a decent pool and gym. Price around 1200-1500 Baht.

ThanksHave you read anything in this forum? We're pretty friendly here and happy to help newbies. That is, newbies who at least make some effort to help themselves. Doesn't look like you've done that at all.

SW4.

Hdan333
04-04-15, 12:16

ThanksHi,

Just from my bookmarks http://gfbooking.com/pattaya/.

List of girl friendly hotels.

FL Hawk
04-16-15, 22:15
From my research, the only two hotels in the medium price range that have non-smoking rooms are the Arica and Dynasty. Both seem to be in good area, but wondering if anyone knows of other restricted-smoking hotels. And did I read there was a non-smoking gogo bar or something in Pattaya? If so, that would certainly be my preferred place to visit.

ActionOriented
04-17-15, 04:04
From my research, the only two hotels in the medium price range that have non-smoking rooms are the Arica and Dynasty. Both seem to be in good area, but wondering if anyone knows of other restricted-smoking hotels. And did I read there was a non-smoking gogo bar or something in Pattaya? If so, that would certainly be my preferred place to visit.You could also try Inn House on soi 13 (or soi 10). Since all rooms have balconies attached smoking is not permitted inside the rooms. I smoke and found the balcony setup quite convenient. Didn't notice any smoke odour lingering in the hall way.

I know Bacarra in BKK does not allow smoking inside, but not sure if the same is followed in Pattaya. Tim's Bar may be worth peeking inside, I think they are non-smoking as well. If FL's are your thing, check out Red Car, the only non-smoking club (not a Go-Go).

Oosik
04-18-15, 01:28
I know Bacarra in BKK does not allow smoking inside, but not sure if the same is followed in Pattaya.There is definitely smoking in the Pattaya Baccara. Pretty sure I've seen it in the BKK one as well, but perhaps only on the second (or first, depending on where you are from) floor.

PrinceMonger
04-21-15, 20:07
Well well, stayed at the sandy springs hotel in Pattaya during early fall last year. Amazing service, as can be expected in any hotel in Thailand, I guess.

Amazing service from concierge to room service to payment terms to actual payment LOL. Also, provided a discount card (25% off) in subsequent visits.

Extremely helpful with girls. The usual, yes, take ID etc and call before the girl leaves.

Overall, a friendly, economical and quite satisfying hotel.

Would be happy to answer any specific questions!

Lefeu
04-23-15, 04:32
Page 10 hotel: located on soy 10, close to central mall. Soy 10 is a narrow street with no sidewalk, so one has to be careful walking up or down. It rained yesterday, and a pool formed at the street entrance from 2nd road, very annoying.

Pros: fairly new, nice breakfast, very close to central mall, decently priced, close to LK metro, AC does not blow on your face, very convenient for FL hunting.

Cons: not too clean, no end tables by the bed, not enough closet space, strange shower layout, the water overflows from the shower into the hall. When I went into my bed, I realized that the sheet were not changed. Upon further inspection, I found some stains. I called them, and they quickly changed the bed sheets.

KevinSBo
04-25-15, 00:27
Hey there friends!

Coming for the 1st time in Pattaya next week. I have been told that it's best to get accommodation on the Walking Street, rather the the Beach Road. Any advice on guest friendly and good price to value ration for accommodation in there? Looking to pay up to 40/ night tops. Most of what I have found was above that price, even double. I would also very much fancy having a safe box in the room.

Thanks!

Wolvenvacht
04-25-15, 08:42
Hey there friends!

Coming for the 1st time in Pattaya next week. I have been told that it's best to get accommodation on the Walking Street, rather the the Beach Road. Any advice on guest friendly and good price to value ration for accommodation in there? Looking to pay up to 40/ night tops. Most of what I have found was above that price, even double. I would also very much fancy having a safe box in the room.

Thanks!If you like being in a noisy, busy, tourist-infested area, then Walking Street and even Beach Road are excellent locations. Otherwise, search for lodgings in the Sois (streets) connecting Beach Road and Second Road. You are much more likely to find a beter deal. And remember, all the action in Pattaya is only a walk or short songthaew taxi ride (costing you all of 10 baht) away. www.booking.com has scores of hotels that will fit your price level.

Sunlover2
04-25-15, 13:38
Coming for the 1st time in Pattaya next week. I have been told that it's best to get accommodation on the Walking Street, rather the the Beach Road. Any advice on guest friendly and good price to value ration for accommodation in there? Looking to pay up to 40/ night tops.Based on your price and location criteria: http://secretspattaya.com/.

SL.

Dan D Dick
04-27-15, 05:49
Last minute change in plans so I wound up here for 16 days, leaving next Saturday. Overall an okay stay, paying $1,036.37 for 16 nights or $64.67 per night all-inclusive on Agoda. One word of caution: my room had a jacuzzi tub & hand-held wand in the tub for a shower. Something like $6 extra a night for a real shower. The difference between a deluxe & a superior room. Or vice versa. So if a shower is important figure it out first. Quite frankly, I find the jacuzzi-shower a pain in the ass. Don't forget to ask for another key when you check in to keep the A / see turned on so you don't return to a hot room. They'll ***** but give it to you. I had to say I would find another hotel & then they relented.

Breakfast is very good with cooked to order omelets & other things along with a very basic buffet.

Room is okay. Curtains are worn with lots of light-holes shining through in the morning but not really a problem. Electronic safe, decent work space, decent but not great wi-fi internet. Cable has more channels than the Marriott, though I still find very little I like. Shower water is almost hot but not quite. Bed is hard. I woke up sore the every morning the first week; I guess I'm getting used to it now. My room is on the 2nd Rd side just off Soy 13 or whatever the main road is. You can hear the outside bands & noise until about 3 in the morning but it was so muted it really wasn't a problem. May be different if you're right on the main road. Dunno. One good thing is there is a small balcony so when I got my ass soaked during the water festival (NEVER visit during that time) I was able to smoke my cigar in peace & dry my clothes out. You'll need a pillow or two under her ass if you like your feet on the floor but no big deal.

Taxi to the airport through the hotel is 2000 B. Walk up to the front of the Marriott & get your taxi there for 1500 B. They'll pick you up at your door. They'll ask for a 200 Baht deposit.

Location is pretty good. All the LK Metro stuff is a few steps away. 12 min to the Starbucks on Beach Rd. My personal benchmark. Just a few minutes to the baht bus for a ride to Soy 6/7/8.

I'll likely try something else next time but wouldn't hesitate to return here if the price isn't any higher.

/ dddick.

Dan D Dick
04-27-15, 05:52
Page 10 hotel: located on soy 10, close to central mall. Soy 10 is a narrow street with no sidewalk, so one has to be careful walking up or down. It rained yesterday, and a pool formed at the street entrance from 2nd road, very annoying.

Cons: not too clean, no end tables by the bed, not enough closet space, strange shower layout, the water overflows from the shower into the hall. When I went into my bed, I realized that the sheet were not changed. Upon further inspection, I found some stains. I called them, and they quickly changed the bed sheets.You convinced me not to try this one. Thanks.

/ dddick.

Dan D Dick
04-27-15, 05:54
From my research, the only two hotels in the medium price range that have non-smoking rooms are the Arica and Dynasty. Both seem to be in good area, but wondering if anyone knows of other restricted-smoking hotels. And did I read there was a non-smoking gogo bar or something in Pattaya? If so, that would certainly be my preferred place to visit.LK Renaissance has no odor of smoke. Probably because they have little balconies that are quite convenient. The only ashtry is on the balcony.

/ dddick.

SirWilliam4
04-27-15, 06:00
LK Renaissance has no odor of smoke. Probably because they have little balconies that are quite convenient. The only ashtry is on the balcony.

/ dddick.Whitehouse Condotel is non-smoking.

SW4.

Isc55
05-08-15, 10:55
When preparing my trip, I asked for your advises about which would be the right hotel to stay in my four nights in Pattaya.

Finally I decided for The Intimate Hotel. Good choice!. Sure not the cheapest hotel but it deserves its price: rooms, service, situation. Everything excellent!

And, of course, no problem to bring girls to your room. It seems that if you bring two girls they charge 1.000 baths for the second one, but it was not my case.

IndStallion31
05-12-15, 17:41
Hello friends,

I'm visiting Pattaya from 25th to 28th may. This will be my first trip. I have selected few hotels. But don't know whether they are girl friendly or not?

Need suggestion to select one out of them.

1. Beverly plaza.

2. A one star hotel.

3. Golden beach hotel.

4. Pattaya Seaview.

5. A one royal cruise hotel.

6. Hotel Bella express.

7. LK Metropole.

8. LK renaissance.

Kindly suggest. My budget is 2000 -2500 baht for a day. My preference is that it should be girl friendly, free WiFi, free breakfast and a fitness center.

Thank you.

Surya

Nefarious
05-16-15, 17:17
Hello friends,

Kindly suggest. My budget is 2000 -2500 baht for a day. My preference is that it should be girl friendly, free WiFi, free breakfast and a fitness center.

Thank you.

SuryaI have not stayed at the ones you have listed, but I have stayed at Intimate Hotel by Tim Boutique Hotel. I've stayed there 4 times and have had a good experience each time. First, I like its location. It is located just off second road and within easy walking distance of Soi Diana Inn (beer bars) and Soi LK Metro (a go-go and Devil's Den) and CentralFestival Pattaya Beach (a upscale shopping mall with many restaurants and a nice movie theater). It's very easy to catch a baht bus from this location as well so you can go to Walking Street. The hotel itself is still in good shape. There is a restaurant for breakfast (I think the fee for breakfast was 350 baht per person if you didn't order it inclusive with the room). There is a good electronic safe in the closet. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is very nice. I usually get a deluxe room and there is a large tub big enough for 3 (although I always wondered if I could get in one more). The water pressure has always been very good and hot water was never a problem. I have always had good experiences with the staff. They were always courteous and respectful of my privacy and kind to my friends. They are girl friendly, but keep in mind that only one girl per night is free. There was a joiner fee for your second girl. I'm sorry, but I don't remember that as usually stick to one at time. They will check your girls' ID cards and make sure you are with them when they go. The guys that open the door are cool and funny. They have free wifi and the speed is acceptable. The pool is nice (has a swim up bar and a nice area around for relaxing). There is a gym, but I think it is fairly small. There is also a fairly good and inexpensive restaurant outside the hotel very nearby (very close on second street). The towels were soft and thick enough for me as were the pillows. AC worked perfectly. The negative items were small. For example, the TV had some fuzzy reception on most channels, but I was okay with that as I am not a big fan of TV. I've stayed in various locations around the building and there is louder side. When you check in, you can request a room on the quiet side if you wish. At home I can't stand noise, but in Pattaya, it really doesn't bother me that much. I am usually exhausted when I close my eyes and I can sleep even with the noise of the beer bar nearby.

If you do decide on this hotel, please let me know how it went. I haven't been to Pattaya in nearly 2 years but will be heading back in July. It would be nice to know if my favorite hotel is still as good as I remember it to be.

I know everyone has their favorite places, but this one is mine. I almost forgot the price. I think I've paid between 1,500 an 1,700 baht each time I've been and the listing on Agoda has it for $50 now for the deluxe room. Please post a review of whatever hotel you end up. I am actually looking for reviews now just to see if I should try at least a few days at a new place. Never hurts to try out somewhere new. If you are planning to be in Bangkok, I would suggest Majestic Suite Hotel. The room I had there was small, but was in a good location, clean, and comfortable. Good luck and enjoy your visit to Pattaya. I look forward to your reports.

Nefarious
05-16-15, 17:27
When preparing my trip, I asked for your advises about which would be the right hotel to stay in my four nights in Pattaya.

Finally I decided for The Intimate Hotel. Good choice!. Sure not the cheapest hotel but it deserves its price: rooms, service, situation. Everything excellent!

And, of course, no problem to bring girls to your room. It seems that if you bring two girls they charge 1.000 baths for the second one, but it was not my case.Hey thanks for the mention of this hotel. It has been my go to place for many years starting back when it was just Tim's Boutique Hotel. Wow, 1,000 baht for a second joiner. I sure hope they don't hit me with that one this summer. That is more than I want to pay for a joiner. I didn't even like paying 300 baht for joiner fees. Anyway, did you eat in the restaurant? If so, how was it? Would you want to eat there every morning or just one or two times during your stay? It's been two years since I have been there and I just wonder how the place is holding up. Thanks!

IndStallion31
05-16-15, 17:53
Thank you nef, that's a great review. Sure I will think of intimate hotel also. I was finalizing between LK renaissance or LK Metropole since it was very near to LK metro area.

I will try to reconcile my plan now and will surely give it a chance as per my preferences.

Just a random doubt. Which area is better to stay if your main aim is mongerin

Nefarious
05-16-15, 22:15
Thank you nef, that's a great review. Sure I will think of intimate hotel also. I was finalizing between LK renaissance or LK Metropole since it was very near to LK metro area.

I will try to reconcile my plan now and will surely give it a chance as per my preferences.

Just a random doubt. Which area is better to stay if your main aim is mongerinI haven't stayed at LK Metropole, but yes you're right it is right there at LK Metro. There are several a go-gos there and Devils Den is there as well. It is a fine location in my opinion. I would suggest that you hit Walking Street of course, but really there are many options all over Pattaya. My advice is to explore a different area each night. There are some interesting places near LK Metro, but there are also some good places on and near Walking Street and several fun beer bars a little north of the Central Festival mall in the area of the Eastiny hotels. Actually, my first trip to Pattaya, I didn't even get to Walking Street. All I did was hang out near those beer bars around Eastiny. I was only there a few days and just didn't have time to explore, but I still had a blast. PM me if you want any details or suggestions.

IndStallion31
05-17-15, 06:38
Thank you Nef bro. I'm sending you a PM kindly check it.

Meanwhile I have booked LK Metropole since reviews were good. Looking forward for my stay.

But I saw a video in youtube reg a cleaner stealing money from a guest. He has video-graphed it also.

Is stealing by hotel staff and cleaners are common in Pattaya and Bangkok? Should one be extra safe with belongings?

What about pick pocketing in streets?

I know the drill for keeping things safe as I have traveled to Europe and other places. But is it a thing to bother in Thailand as such? That's my question.

Thank you. Sorry if the question is annoying.

Zauberfee
05-17-15, 20:38
Is stealing by hotel staff and cleaners are common in Pattaya and Bangkok?I have way more than 100+ stays in hotels in Thailand in the last 15 years. Stealing was never ever a problem.

Wolvenvacht
05-17-15, 22:56
But I saw a video in youtube reg a cleaner stealing money from a guest. He has video-graphed it also.

Is stealing by hotel staff and cleaners are common in Pattaya and Bangkok? Should one be extra safe with belongings?

I never had anything stolen from my hotel room in Thailand and not all rooms had a safe. Once in Bangkok, I put everything in the safe and then foolishly forgot to lock it. When I came back, everything was still there.

What about pick pocketing in streets?

I know the drill for keeping things safe as I have traveled to Europe and other places. But is it a thing to bother in Thailand as such? That's my question.There is no harm in being alert for pick-pockets, although I rate the risk in Thailand far lower than in some other countries (including many European countries). That being said, my Thai GF forgot her wallet in a restaurant. The restaurant called her on her mobile phone (she had a business card in her wallet) to return the wallet, but some of the money was missing.

Sunlover2
05-17-15, 23:39
There is no harm in being alert for pick-pockets, although I rate the risk in Thailand far lower than in some other countries (including many European countries).Agreed. The people who seem to suffer these occurrrences are normally dead drunk and staggering around at 3 am. And it is usually aggressive LB's that are somehow involved. If you are a savvy / experienced / respectful traveler using common sense you should expect no issues.

SunLover.

Milky100
05-18-15, 08:33
We are planning to stay at LK Empress in a three bedroom suite. Can anyone suggest us, other or better alternatives for three bedroom suites or luxury serviced apartment near Beachroad / Walking street?

Our budget is 10,000 Bhat per day.

Thanks in advance.

Loverio
05-19-15, 12:00
We are planning to stay at LK Empress in a three bedroom suite. Can anyone suggest us, other or better alternatives for three bedroom suites or luxury serviced apartment near Beachroad / Walking street?

Our budget is 10,000 Bhat per day.

Thanks in advance.I am staying at the View Talay 6. Why don't you rent one of these Kick-Butt Condos overlooking Beach Road and the water? This is the first time I have done this and will not go back to a hotel after this. Nice pool, 3 massage parlors downstairs, food stores, Central Festival Mall and grocery store within 1 minute. Just my .02.

IndStallion31
05-19-15, 17:57
Thanks for the reply friends. I have booked a studio room at LK metropole. Looking forward for my visit. Will write review once its done. Thank you.

Banana Boi
05-19-15, 22:05
I am staying at the View Talay 6. Nice large rooms with ocean view for $100 USD.

Girl friendly with no joiner fees?

Edit - I did a search and it is guest friendly. Thanks for the find a definite consideration.

Omigawd
05-20-15, 00:41
I have stayed at Sunshine residence on Soi 8 many times but don't like a few things such as no bidet / small rooms / dated rooms / busy reception etc.

Any suggestions for newer hotels not too far from BR and below $75 a night? I have looked at Areca flipper house etc but they too seem old.

Jean Sean
05-20-15, 01:30
I have stayed at Sunshine residence on Soi 8 many times but don't like a few things such as no bidet / small rooms / dated rooms / busy reception etc.

Any suggestions for newer hotels not too far from BR and below $75 a night? I have looked at Areca flipper house etc but they too seem old.I just booked at Areca for a little week, will get back on the tiredness of the premises.

I got a "super deluxe" room 40 sqm for approx USD 55 a night including breakfast. Main reason was location (based on RTTD) and that there's a balcony if I end up with smokers.

Don't have any recommendations, will be my first visit in Pattaya town alone (went here a few times with ex-GF and her family entourage, but always stayed in the smaller coastal towns in Mueang Chonburi or Sriracha).

Christian G
05-20-15, 09:25

Any suggestions for newer hotels not too far from BR and below $75 a night? I have looked at Areca flipper house etc but they too seem old.Friend of mine had a good time in this 2: http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/ http://www.innhousepattaya.com/accomodation.html.

I have no direct experience because in the last four years I have always stayed in condo on Pratamnak Hill.

Sunlover2
05-20-15, 10:50
I have stayed at Sunshine residence on Soi 8 many times but don't like a few things such as no bidet / small rooms / dated rooms / busy reception etc.I stayed at the Sunshine residence on my first trip to Pattaya and was not impressed. More like depressed. This was confirmed when the BR lady I brought back to the room asked me how much I was paying, and when I told her she said "you can do better". Needless to say I moved after 2 nights.

SunLover.

Breadman
05-21-15, 12:41
Location location location. Enough said, 30 second walk to gogos or a baht bus down second Road. No elevator though, loud at night but not too bad. ID stay here again or possibly even book 2 hotels, one on walking aand one with a pool on soi 8.

Pram1000
05-23-15, 07:41
Stayed at the Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa for 4 nights last week. An amazing experience, girl friendly, located close to walking street, had access to beach road, nice pool. Though the rooms were old & needed a make over, but no complaints as they've been maintained well. Had called for women to the room each day we stayed there & people manning the reception would just call to confirm if we were expecting guests & would quickly send them over. Overall my best stay till date for mongering in Pattaya.

Isc55
05-24-15, 18:22
Hey thanks for the mention of this hotel. It has been my go to place for many years starting back when it was just Tim's Boutique Hotel. Wow, 1,000 baht for a second joiner. I sure hope they don't hit me with that one this summer. That is more than I want to pay for a joiner. I didn't even like paying 300 baht for joiner fees. Anyway, did you eat in the restaurant? If so, how was it? Would you want to eat there every morning or just one or two times during your stay? It's been two years since I have been there and I just wonder how the place is holding up. Thanks!I had two lunches on their restaurant, no dinner there.

KevinSBo
05-25-15, 01:33
Hey guys,

I'm on my way to Pattaya, very last minute decision, and I didn't get any accommodation yet. Was just looking into some AirBnB apartments, that seem very cozy.

Does anyone have experience with AirBnB in Pattaya? Also in therms of location, would the red-arrow pointed spot be OK, for catching the baht bus to the walking street?

Oh and another question. I was reading last time I've been in Phuket that it is not such a good idea to rent a scooter as a lot of the shops will claim you damaged it and ask for tons of money for repair. Apparently it's a common touristic rip scam. Is it the same here? Do you know a safe place I could rent from?

Thanks!

Mogwai
05-25-15, 08:57
Also in therms of location, would the red-arrow pointed spot be OK, for catching the baht bus to the walking street?

Thanks!No, it's not. It's a long, long way from Walking Street and you probably have to take two different baht busses to get there.

Apparently you come quite unprepared which is never a good idea. Try to find accomodation near Beach Road or Second Road so you can walk to Beach Road and catch a baht bus going south to Walking Street.

Don't catch a baht bus on Second Road because the majority of them will go all the way up to North Pattaya Road before heading south on Beach Road (Second Road and Beach Road are both one way streets).

Col Bog 1
05-25-15, 16:26
Hi folks!

I have just booked the Whitehouse Condotel 3rd = 13th of July.

Evaluations were very good on Booking, Tripadvisor and Agoda.

I used Agoda to book.

Free WiFi, breakfast, good central location and in a quiet Soi (13).

Girl friendly but only once at a time.

Should be OK.

I have used the very good site http://gfbooking.com/pattaya/#Beach_Road_Hotels to choose the hotel.

Hope it will be as good as advertised.

Cheers

Uncle Volodya
05-25-15, 17:21
No, it's not. It's a long, long way from Walking Street and you probably have to take two different baht busses to get there.

Apparently you come quite unprepared which is never a good idea. Try to find accomodation near Beach Road or Second Road so you can walk to Beach Road and catch a baht bus going south to Walking Street.

Don't catch a baht bus on Second Road because the majority of them will go all the way up to North Pattaya Road before heading south on Beach Road (Second Road and Beach Road are both one way streets).I tried finding a place on airbnb last time and I found them to be overpriced and the selection to be not that great. But I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I like to stay at a one bed condo and look to spend about 1000-1500 baht a night. I called up the folks at City Garden Condos (you can google them) and they were able to hook me up with exactly what I needed.

KevinSBo
05-25-15, 17:21
Oh wow how right you were! I have found a place next to Pattaya Central Hospital, and still it seems a bit far. All good for now, I may move freely and will decide over the next few days if I will do it or not.

Thanks!

IllusionHeart
05-25-15, 17:25
I stayed at the Sunshine residence on my first trip to Pattaya and was not impressed. More like depressed. This was confirmed when the BR lady I brought back to the room asked me how much I was paying, and when I told her she said "you can do better". Needless to say I moved after 2 nights.

SunLover.Sunlover, which Hotel did you move to. I have been to Pattaya 3 times in the last six months and have stayed at Sunshine (Sea View Room) purely due to location advantage and Balcony. Access to Beach and second road, easy to go and come back from WS, walking distance to Soi 6 and Soi bukhao.

However last time I struggled with the Housekeeping for extra towels and worst part is that they closed at 6 pm so no change if you don't call them up before 6 pm.

I am also looking for an option which would offer the same location advantage, don't mind paying 200 to 300 baht extra. I have been paying avg 3300 baht per day so far.

Gin And Tonic
05-26-15, 08:21
Hey guys,

I'm on my way to Pattaya, very last minute decision, and I didn't get any accommodation yet. Was just looking into some AirBnB apartments, that seem very cozy.

Does anyone have experience with AirBnB in Pattaya? Also in therms of location, would the red-arrow pointed spot be OK, for catching the baht bus to the walking street?

Oh and another question. I was reading last time I've been in Phuket that it is not such a good idea to rent a scooter as a lot of the shops will claim you damaged it and ask for tons of money for repair. Apparently it's a common touristic rip scam. Is it the same here? Do you know a safe place I could rent from?

Thanks!That is a short walk to Pattaya Central where the baht buses will take you to the north entrance of Walking Street. On the way back you take a 2nd Road BB and transfer at Central. A motorbike taxis is only a couple of $ too.

Christian G
05-26-15, 09:16
I was reading last time I've been in Phuket that it is not such a good idea to rent a scooter as a lot of the shops will claim you damaged it and ask for tons of money for repair. Apparently it's a common touristic rip scam. Is it the same here? Do you know a safe place I could rent from?

Thanks!This scam is common among the jet ski mafia, not motorbike. For me the motorbike is essential in Thailand, for drive around and check all bars outside Pattaya. In 10 years of holidays in Thailand I have never had problems with motorbike scams.

The important thing is to never leave your original passport to the renter. Check well the motorbike before renting it and take some pics. Avoid the parking lots where they say to you to don't lock the motorbike. If it makes you feel safer buy a deadbolt for lock the bike.

Last but not least, be sure to have a valid driving license and recognized to guide bike in Thai.

WW2015
05-26-15, 10:05
I am staying at the View Talay 6. Thanks for your tip re View Talay! In the the process of booking a stay there.

Wolvenvacht
05-26-15, 19:11
Last but not least, be sure to have a valid driving license and recognized to guide bike in Thai.And wear a helmet unless you want to become a frequent sponsor of the Policemen's Tea Money Fund.

Christian G
05-26-15, 20:59
And wear a helmet unless you want to become a frequent sponsor of the Policemen's Tea Money Fund.Of course, I consider it obvious ;-). In 10 years never got a fine for drive without helmet. In Pattaya I have always 2 helmet, one for me and one for the girl I pick up.

Loverio
05-27-15, 06:44
Thanks for your tip re View Talay! In the the process of booking a stay there.No problem. You will like it I am sure. Close to everything and the mall next door can't be beat. Also, on the Beach Road side some good food stands setup at night right outside the gate. A win / win.

I booked via Condo6.com.

Pram1000
05-27-15, 08:40
Sunlover, which Hotel did you move to. I have been to Pattaya 3 times in the last six months and have stayed at Sunshine (Sea View Room) purely due to location advantage and Balcony. Access to Beach and second road, easy to go and come back from WS, walking distance to Soi 6 and Soi bukhao.

However last time I struggled with the Housekeeping for extra towels and worst part is that they closed at 6 pm so no change if you don't call them up before 6 pm.

I am also looking for an option which would offer the same location advantage, don't mind paying 200 to 300 baht extra. I have been paying avg 3300 baht per day so far.At around 3500 baht, you could also look at the Pattaya Marriott as an option.

Sunlover2
05-27-15, 11:33
Sunlover, which Hotel did you move to. I have been to Pattaya 3 times in the last six months and have stayed at Sunshine (Sea View Room) purely due to location advantage and Balcony. Access to Beach and second road, easy to go and come back from WS, walking distance to Soi 6 and Soi bukhao.I moved to the Penthouse Hotel on soi 13/4 a bit of a lighting rod establishment on this mb. I liked the location closer to walking street as I am not really keen on the soi 6 scene. And easier when picking up a BR lady from farther down the beach as the baht busses run in that direction.

SL.

JimThom
05-28-15, 03:08
I like to keep my own hotel room as my refuge from all the craziness. Most girls are OK, but there's always the potential for drama, theft, etc. So I like to use hotels other than my own for any action.

My favorite place in Pattaya is the easy to remember Walking Street Hotel. It's about in the middle of walking street near the alley that leads to the Happy A Gogo. I only do ST. I don't usually like LT. Too many chances for drama, etc.

ST at the Walking Street Hotel is B250. I've never done LT there, but they offer overnight rates too. It's clean and convenient.

I also don' t like the walk of shame. So when I meet a girl I like, we exchange phone numbers. I tell her I'm going to the Walking Street Hotel and that I'll call her when I get there and get a room. I go to the hotel, get an ST room, and tell the receptionist someone will be joining me soon. Then I call the girl up and give her the room number. The rest is history. Short, sweet, safe, and not in my back yard.

I know this isn't anything earthshaking original and is not everyone's style, but I thought I'd post it for those who haven't thought about doing things that way. It works for me and might work for others, too.

Gin And Tonic
05-30-15, 05:47
I like to keep my own hotel room as my refuge from all the craziness. Most girls are OK, but there's always the potential for drama, theft, etc. So I like to use hotels other than my own for any action.

My favorite place in Pattaya is the easy to remember Walking Street Hotel. It's about in the middle of walking street near the alley that leads to the Happy A Gogo. I only do ST. I don't usually like LT. Too many chances for drama, etc.

ST at the Walking Street Hotel is B250. I've never done LT there, but they offer overnight rates too. It's clean and convenient.

I also don' t like the walk of shame. So when I meet a girl I like, we exchange phone numbers. I tell her I'm going to the Walking Street Hotel and that I'll call her when I get there and get a room. I go to the hotel, get an ST room, and tell the receptionist someone will be joining me soon. Then I call the girl up and give her the room number. The rest is history. Short, sweet, safe, and not in my back yard.

I know this isn't anything earthshaking original and is not everyone's style, but I thought I'd post it for those who haven't thought about doing things that way. It works for me and might work for others, too.Thanks, as an expat with a new live-in arrangement this could come in handy.

Gin And Tonic
05-30-15, 05:53
This scam is common among the jet ski mafia, not motorbike. For me the motorbike is essential in Thailand, for drive around and check all bars outside Pattaya. In 10 years of holidays in Thailand I have never had problems with motorbike scams.

The important thing is to never leave your original passport to the renter. Check well the motorbike before renting it and take some pics. Avoid the parking lots where they say to you to don't lock the motorbike. If it makes you feel safer buy a deadbolt for lock the bike.

Last but not least, be sure to have a valid driving license and recognized to guide bike in Thai.About the jet ski mafia, they operate at Pattaya Beach. Jomtien Beach has not got that reputation.

JimThom
06-02-15, 20:42
In a previous post http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1875-Pattaya-Hotels&p=1726774&viewfull=1#post1726774 , I had mentioned the "easy to remember" Walking Street Hotel. Well, I guess it wasn't so easy to remember in the haste I was writing. It's called the Walking Street Guest House--not the Walking Street Hotel.

Sorry about that.

Henry R
06-14-15, 04:06
1) Any good clean hotels in Jomtiem Beach that are guest friendly?

Also, am curious to know if most hotels on Jomtiem Beach are guest friendly.

2) Any info on Bella Villa Prima hotel in North Pattaya, on 4 Nong Prie street?

(They also have a branch is central Pattaya, but I am only interested in the one in north Pattaya).

Is Bella Villa Prima Hotel in north Pattaya guest friendly, and a decent hotel?

MadMax1
06-23-15, 14:37
I am planning a holiday with my family to Phuket between 5 Aug to 15 Aug, and hoping someone may be able to provide any info. I will be staying at the "Centara Karon Beach Resort ".

1. Any info on this hotel?

2. How far is it from the main town of Phuket? Is transport readily available to Phuket?

3. What places are worth visiting near by?

4. Any action around this area?

5. Any bars around this place?

6. What kind of ST prices can I expect? (I won't be able to do ant LT's but hopefully I can slip away for a ST).

Thanks

Member #4530
07-04-15, 13:34
Does anyone know if the Marriott Courtyard in South Pattaya is guest friendly?

Thanks,

Waffles.

Blanquiceleste
07-04-15, 16:43
I also don' t like the walk of shame. So when I meet a girl I like, we exchange phone numbers. I tell her I'm going to the Walking Street Hotel and that I'll call her when I get there and get a room. I go to the hotel, get an ST room, and tell the receptionist someone will be joining me soon. Then I call the girl up and give her the room number. The rest is history. Short, sweet, safe, and not in my back yard.I like this MO. The safety aspect cannot be debated. What sort of prices for the ST room at this hotel?

Blanquiceleste
07-04-15, 17:09
S I have been to Pattaya 3 times in the last six months and have stayed at Sunshine (Sea View Room) purely due to location advantage and Balcony.

I am also looking for an option which would offer the same location advantage, don't mind paying 200 to 300 baht extra. I have been paying avg 3300 baht per day so far.Christ! Illusion, that is an absolute rip-off price, unless you visited at peak season. Even then, 3300 is sky high. I have never paid more than 1700 for a high floor (10,11,12) sea facing room with balcony with the average tariff hovering at 1485. All inclusive, needless to say.

Sunlover2
07-05-15, 12:55
Does anyone know if the Marriott Courtyard in South Pattaya is guest friendly?Not sure if this hotel is guest friendly (send them an email and ask about "joiners" fees) but I have done some research and they do not get very good reviews on line. Basically tons of Indian tour groups disrupting the place is the re-occuring theme. Plus the location is not that great. Although it is a different price point IMO if you want to stay in the same hotel family you would be much happier down the road at the Marriott Resort and Spa.

SL.

Biffduff
07-13-15, 11:37
Hey folks, had a bit of an interesting exchange last night with the hotel reception. I'm not sure I acted totally appropriately, but my intentions were pure.

I had arranged for a regular to come to my hotel at 11 pm. At about 11:15, I texted her, then called her at 11:30. Phone was off, of course. Since I was pretty drunk anyway, I decided to just send her a 'goodnight' text and hit the sack. At about 12:15, the hotel phone rang and it was the girl down in the lobby. She said "You are in room _ right?" She had the correct room number. I told her the I'd come down to the lobby to get her.

Apparently she'd been there for about 15 minutes and had told the reception my name and asked to be let up or at least to be able to call me. Now, this worked out fine for me, but I questioned the wisdom of this in case some fellas here were with their wives or had arranged other company for the night. If reception is giving out room numbers, or even just phone access, it could get a bit messy. The guy at reception was pretty angry at my questions (indeed, angry in a very un-Thai manner), so I backed down quickly and said we had no problem.

I will say that I do love Areca and will continue to stay here when I visit. I just thought some people would be interested in what happened.

Jean Sean
07-17-15, 22:03
Hey folks, had a bit of an interesting exchange last night with the hotel reception. I'm not sure I acted totally appropriately, but my intentions were pure.

I had arranged for a regular to come to my hotel at 11 pm. At about 11:15, I texted her, then called her at 11:30. Phone was off, of course. Since I was pretty drunk anyway, I decided to just send her a 'goodnight' text and hit the sack. At about 12:15, the hotel phone rang and it was the girl down in the lobby. She said "You are in room _ right?" She had the correct room number. I told her the I'd come down to the lobby to get her.

Apparently she'd been there for about 15 minutes and had told the reception my name and asked to be let up or at least to be able to call me. Now, this worked out fine for me, but I questioned the wisdom of this in case some fellas here were with their wives or had arranged other company for the night. If reception is giving out room numbers, or even just phone access, it could get a bit messy. The guy at reception was pretty angry at my questions (indeed, angry in a very un-Thai manner), so I backed down quickly and said we had no problem.

I will say that I do love Areca and will continue to stay here when I visit. I just thought some people would be interested in what happened.Interesting, they should never hand out guest details to strangers. Rule is, the front desk calls the guest on any inquiry from other guests or anyone else, including family.

Was it in the Areca or the Evergreen front desk? I stayed there 5 nights last week, super deluxe room in Evergreen tower. The Evergreen front desk seemed over worked or stressed.

I also experienced that they were a bit rude to one of the girls I had with me for two days. She's an Issan non-pro, very polite herself. When I brought go-go girls they didn't have that derogative attitude. But enough for me so I will probably not stay there next time.

Redfield10
07-27-15, 08:05

I will say that I do love Areca and will continue to stay here when I visit. I just thought some people would be interested in what happened.I've stayed there during my last five stays but the WiFi has gotten worse each time so that it never works anywhere now. That's a deal breaker for me.

BadDances
07-29-15, 04:24
Hey fellow farangs,

I am fixing to go back to Thailand and check out Pattaya for the first time (Did Bangkok and Phuket before). I will probably head there at the end of September.

I go for a nice trip, not just mongering (for example I will probably spend a few days at Ankor what) and like staying at decent hotels that will turn a blind eye.

Surprisingly enough last time the Conrad Hilton in BKK was just that. High end, no joiner fees, no hassle even.

I am looking for something maybe not on the level of the CH, but at least decent. For example I was checking out Secrets because it is so close to the water, yet they don't show any rooms with windows or views. Which concerns me.

Your input would be appreciated.

JHolmesJr
07-31-15, 14:53
The words Hilton and secrets in pattaya are totally at odds. Ones a five star, the other is a dive that appeals to a ragtag assortment of contract oil workers, senior citizens and the like, who think it's a palace. Nice looking bar below with some generally average hos. High barfines too. Good place if you're an invalid or too out of it to hunt your own prey. Better to go for the real deal and stay at the Hilton or Marriott. Both ho friendly and nice places. You'll also avoid meeting secrets bar manager, a real annoying salesman who calls himself mr egg.

Disclosure: I have been banned at secrets forum for taking to task a quasi [CodeWord911] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord911) 75 year old grandpa who would keep bragging about shagging 19 year old lasses. (yes anythings possible when you pay them 4 k baht st gramps!

Hey fellow farangs,

I am fixing to go back to Thailand and check out Pattaya for the first time (Did Bangkok and Phuket before). I will probably head there at the end of September.

I go for a nice trip, not just mongering (for example I will probably spend a few days at Ankor what) and like staying at decent hotels that will turn a blind eye.

Surprisingly enough last time the Conrad Hilton in BKK was just that. High end, no joiner fees, no hassle even.

I am looking for something maybe not on the level of the CH, but at least decent. For example I was checking out Secrets because it is so close to the water, yet they don't show any rooms with windows or views. Which concerns me.

Your input would be appreciated.

Wolvenvacht
07-31-15, 19:52
Hey fellow farangs,

I am fixing to go back to Thailand and check out Pattaya for the first time (Did Bangkok and Phuket before). (. . .)

I go for a nice trip, not just mongering (for example I will probably spend a few days at Ankor what).Angkor Wat is in Cambodia, near Siem Reap.

Yujin
08-01-15, 05:40
I've stayed there during my last five stays but the WiFi has gotten worse each time so that it never works anywhere now. That's a deal breaker for me.I also had unreliable wi-fi on my last stay at the Areca. Sometimes the signal was stronger at nights or if I stood closer to the room door. I've had similar wi-fi problems in other hotels in the USA, SE Asia and South America. I mentioned this to a "tech" friend and he recommended bringing a small wi-fi extender that plugs into an AC outlet that cost between $25-$40.

Since it looks small, I might buy one for my next trip. Hopefully it works. If not, I can always return it for a refund.

KiJang
08-01-15, 07:26
Hey fellow farangs,

Your input would be appreciated.Angkor what? Wrong forum. Take a flight to Siam Reap from Don Mueng. Have a happy pizza (ask for extra happy) while there and then walk over to Mikey's near pub street. Lots of available girls. Approximately 60 minutes after the pizza the ladies at Mikey's turn into penthouse models (or zombies).

KiJang
08-01-15, 07:28
I also had unreliable wi-fi on my last stay at the Areca. Sometimes the signal was stronger at nights or if I stood closer to the room door. I've had similar wi-fi problems in other hotels in the USA, SE Asia and South America. I mentioned this to a "tech" friend and he recommended bringing a small wi-fi extender that plugs into an AC outlet that cost between $25-$40.

Since it looks small, I might buy one for my next trip. Hopefully it works. If not, I can always return it for a refund.I was at Areca last week. The signal was strong but quality horrible. Range extender won't help. Buy an unlimited data package for your sim and set up a wireless hotspot using the phone instead.

Nixonbd
08-02-15, 16:38
Hey fellow farangs,

Your input would be appreciated.Neither is what I would consider a "nice" hotel. Penthouse is the better of the two; for location and debauchery. You can take 10 girls up if you want.

Soldierb11
08-02-15, 18:22
Neither is what I would consider a "nice" hotel. Penthouse is the better of the two; for location and debauchery. You can take 10 girls up if you want.I love the Penthouse hotel.

Great location 100 m from beach, 5 min walk to walking street.

But most of all I love the big Jacuzzi rooms.

Lou32
08-02-15, 23:17
These recent negative reports about Areca have me worried about my next trip in a few months.

Is the hotel starting to not offer good service?

Member #4698
08-03-15, 00:47
I just booked a super deluxe Evergreen room on Agoda with free cancellation. I got a great price. It is my back up plan. I had already booked a 90 sq meter party palace 1 bedroom condo apartment with a large Jacuzzi on the balcony at View Talay 6. The problem is that construction on a new hotel next door may begin at any time. Workers are already in the process of clearing the land. If I am lucky, construction will not begin until October and VT6 here I come. But if construction begins before my trip, I will happily stay at the Areca.

Biffduff's report was the most significant recent critique. The front desk should have notified him about his girl. That was a major front desk oversight, but the problem would have never come up if his girl had just lined him that she was in the lobby. ALL my girls line me as they arrive at my hotel so I can come down and escort them back up to my room. While on the subject, although the Areca is guest friendly, it is only girl friendly for 1 girl at a time. There is a joiner fee on the 2nd girl if you take 2 girls up to your room. Wifi is not that important to me. I can always get a good signal by the pool or in the lobby. The important elements for me remain; a clean quiet well sized room, a good pool and convenient location. The Areca has all this and more at a competitive price. I'd rather party at my VT6 palace (at over twice the price), but I will make out fine at the Areca if that is the way the dice roll.

Jean Sean
08-03-15, 01:44
These recent negative reports about Areca have me worried about my next trip in a few months.

Is the hotel starting to not offer good service?I spent 5 days, a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't impressed. Staff was not rude, but nowhere near friendly either; stood out against brilliant, caring and professional services I had in Chiang Mai and Bangkok before I arrived in Pattaya.

I had to queue up for breakfast 2 mornings, as the small dining room in the Evergreen tower was over crowded and way too small. No apologises, they just told me to wait by the front office.

Also during breakfasts the mixed my orders for omelette, coffee etc with other guests' orders more than once. They seemed disarranged.

A 3rd morning me and a girl I had overnight ordered breakfast as room service, as we were late, being busy with activities that got us hungry! When room service arrived, almost half an hour later, the dishes were lousy, eg the tea pots we ordered were just the same shit tea bags they put as complimentary in the rooms. The food was not only uninspiring but also cold. So we dressed and went out to have some better food.

The first days I went to the poolside bar 1-2 times daily, reading emails and the like. The staff didn't even bother to service me, I had to repeatedly ask for drinks before I had any servings.

A particular receptionist at the Evergreen front office was a bit rude towards a girl I had with me over two full days (she had to ID check every time we came back to the hotel, that's OK and she was fine with that). She's a non-pro, hairdresser, from Issan, dressed quite conservatively etc, and very polite herself. I was embarrassed by the receptionist's ignorant behaviour towards her (raising her voice, no "kha" and so on, I don't speak Thai but it was obvious that she disliked my girl).

The internet is on / off. There are bridges / extenders in all rooms, so it's the main AP's that fall out. You can see public "test" networks for all their SSIDs, which tells me that they have long term issues.

I really like the location right at LK Metro, don't know if there are other options around, maybe Intimate / Tim Boutique. I spoke with a guy who stayed at LK Metropole, he wasn't impressed with that either (worn out, defective water taps etc.). I don't think I will go back to Areca next time (Autumn).

David 2
08-03-15, 02:35
I just booked a super deluxe Evergreen room on Agoda with free cancellation. I got a great price. It is my back up plan. I had already booked a 90 sq meter party palace 1 bedroom condo apartment with a large Jacuzzi on the balcony at View Talay 6. The problem is that construction on a new hotel next door may begin at any time. Workers are already in the process of clearing the land. If I am lucky, construction will not begin until October and VT6 here I come. But if construction begins before my trip, I will happily stay at the Areca.

Biffduff's report was the most significant recent critique. The front desk should have notified him about his girl. That was a major front desk oversight, but the problem would have never come up if his girl had just lined him that she was in the lobby. ALL my girls line me as they arrive at my hotel so I can come down and escort them back up to my room. While on the subject, although the Areca is guest friendly, it is only girl friendly for 1 girl at a time. There is a joiner fee on the 2nd girl if you take 2 girls up to your room. Wifi is not that important to me. I can always get a good signal by the pool or in the lobby. The important elements for me remain; a clean quiet well sized room, a good pool and convenient location. The Areca has all this and more at a competitive price. I'd rather party at my VT6 palace (at over twice the price), but I will make out fine at the Areca if that is the way the dice roll.I'm writing this report from a super deluxe Evergreen room, and the Wifi is now fantastic. This is my eighth stay here, and they recently upgraded their entire Wifi system. I agree that their Wifi was just fair to pathetic in the past, and on each of my previous stays when I complained, they put a router in my room that was connected to the LAN port by the desk. It did help a bit, but the real problem was that they had only one password for the entire hotel, and hundreds of devices connected to it. I myself bring an iPhone, an iPad, and a Kindle. When I logged on I could see at least 6 or 8 different Evergreen networks because each floor had several different ones, and the whole system was confusing and severely overloaded. And each time you tried to log on you had to enter your user ID and password again.

So in preparation for this trip I bought a travel router to plug into the LAN port in hopes that it would somehow simplify the process and that I wouldn't have to keep entering my ID and password.

But when I checked in Thursday morning they handed me two different passwords. I asked why, and they said that you now use a different one for each device. So when I got to my room I plugged in my router, and there was no signal at all. It was 4:00 AM, and I had just travelled for 32 hours from the USA, so I just went to sleep figuring that I would deal with it in the morning.

Well, good news in the morning. There was still no signal from the LAN port, so I decided to try their Wifi before I called the front desk to send their IT guy to my room, and I got a very strong signal, and instead of seeing 10 different networks named Evergreen. There were just 3; Areca Wifi, Areca Outdoor Wifi, and Areca Wifi Test 2. 4. I noticed a bunch of new antennas mounted to the tops of the buildings and atop the April Restaurant, and I had a great, fast connection. Problem solved.

I've been using the system for 5 days now, and it's been just seamless. All devices working as they should; speed is quite good; and not a single dropped signal yet.

I do notice that the speed varies a bit depending on the weather and time of day, but I think that's the nature of the beast. I see the same variation wherever I travel. I think it has a lot to do with the amount of traffic on line.

Oterri
08-04-15, 04:13
There are 2 of them near beach road, Are they any good? Or anyone has any recommendations for good hotels that are sort of walking distance from beach road.

I have stayed in Flipper house and it was so so. Want something newer and more quitter.

BadDances
08-04-15, 05:41
I love the Penthouse hotel.

Great location 100 m from beach, 5 min walk to walking street.

But most of all I love the big Jacuzzi rooms.Thanks to you and Holmes for the replies. I am surprised that someone would suggest the Penthouse over a Hilton. I may stay there a night or two just for the experience but the website and everything about it seemed a little off. I will avoid Secrets. I should start booking stuff this week and let you know!

To the others I am aware of where Ankor what is, which is why I said I will likely spend a few days there as well. Thanks for the tip there though.

Mogwai
08-05-15, 08:22
There are 2 of them near beach road, Are they any good? Or anyone has any recommendations for good hotels that are sort of walking distance from beach road.

I have stayed in Flipper house and it was so so. Want something newer and more quitter.I believe there are 6 of them near Beach Road and they are all in noisy areas.
Just read this thread to find what you're looking for. There is one quiet soi with some nice hotels that is mentioned quite often here.
It seems to me you're asking a lot of questions without reading the forum first. And that's what a forum like this is meant for after all.

Princearain
08-05-15, 14:18
All, finally planned for my first visit to Thailand. Coming from India and I plan to head to Pattayya directly from airport on 8th. Will be there for 3 nights. Read lot of pages on this forum and shortlisted the below:

1) April suites. Only downside looks like the 2 k fee. Any idea if it is GF. Checked the GF sites etc but couldn't find much info.

2) Basaya beach hotel. Getting a good deal, please advise on the current state of the rooms cleanliness etc.

3) P72 - read it is between thick of action.

4) Dxpress apartment. Please advise on this. This looks good on agoda.

Also, any seniors who would be willing to take out sometime for a night out please let me know.

Christian G
08-05-15, 15:30
3) P72 - read it is between thick of action.Is in Walking Street, in front of Lucifer. Cheap place.

Princearain
08-05-15, 19:07
Is in Walking Street, in front of Lucifer. Cheap place.Thanks for your response. Will strike it off my list. As I do prefer a neat and comfy place. Do you have any view on the others I mentioned please let me know.

Breadman
08-05-15, 20:29
Thanks for your response. Will strike it off my list. As I do prefer a neat and comfy place. Do you have any view on the others I mentioned please let me know.You lists hotels then slam the first guy who gives you his opinion. I'd do more research if I were you, don't expect more cooperation from guys here with that attitude.

Princearain
08-05-15, 20:37
You lists hotels then slam the first guy who gives you his opinion. I'd do more research if I were you, don't expect more cooperation from guys here with that attitude.Breadman, I didn't slam him. If you read closely, or atleast what in interpreted, since he said it is a cheap place, I took his opinion and struck it off (the hotel) my list. I thought he said don't go it as it is a cheap place. Sorry didn't get your disconnect.

Breadman
08-05-15, 23:55
I took his opinion Your interpretation of his opinion is incorrect.

Soldierb11
08-07-15, 03:33
Thanks to you and Holmes for the replies. I am surprised that someone would suggest the Penthouse over a Hilton. I may stay there a night or two just for the experience but the website and everything about it seemed a little off. I will avoid Secrets. I should start booking stuff this week and let you know!

To the others I am aware of where Ankor what is, which is why I said I will likely spend a few days there as well. Thanks for the tip there though.Bad dances. I love Hilton hotels and stay at them everywhere but not in Pattaya. The Penthouse is I would say a 3* hotel compared to the Hiltons always 5*. But when I'm in Pattaya it's time to party and be raunchy and the Penthouse rooms have jacuzzis big enough for me and 2 girls, mirrors on the ceilings and walls, sex swings and more and that's why I stay there. You will still have a great time at the Hilton if you choose there.