PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

Banana Boi
06-11-19, 14:32
Hi guys,

I've read back 15 pages but no mention of Travelodge, is it GF?

Thanks.Some friends who have visited me have stayed here and no issues with girls. Feedback was thin walls and small rooms.

TheBronx
06-11-19, 19:04
Going to be heading to Thailand in January (I know that's quite a bit away but want to make arrangements at soon as I can). Going to Pattaya for about a week and have narrowed my choices to The LK Empress, Amari Nova, and The Aya Boutique. Each has their pros and cons such as location and joiner fees (or lack there of) but was hoping for recommendations. I'm leaning toward LK Empress because of the location but reports make it seem that its seen better days. Amari Nova is modern but a bit far away but nothing a baht bus can't fix. Aya is right there but conflicting reports have me wondering if its a great idea. Any advice will help. Thanks!

Rob Jones
06-13-19, 23:49
Hi Guys.

Has anyone stayed at the Beverly Plaza Hotel recently? Like most hotels it looks good on the booking sites. Other then the usual girl friendly questions, how is the breakfast, are the rooms and bathrooms clean and spacious, are drinks available by the pool? Any and all feedback is welcomed.

Thanks.

Rob.

SexIsLove
06-14-19, 04:35
Going to be heading to Thailand in January (I know that's quite a bit away but want to make arrangements at soon as I can). Going to Pattaya for about a week and have narrowed my choices to The LK Empress, Amari Nova, and The Aya Boutique. Each has their pros and cons such as location and joiner fees (or lack there of) but was hoping for recommendations. I'm leaning toward LK Empress because of the location but reports make it seem that its seen better days. Amari Nova is modern but a bit far away but nothing a baht bus can't fix. Aya is right there but conflicting reports have me wondering if its a great idea. Any advice will help. Thanks!I don't know about the other two but I have stayed in LK Empress a couple of times most recently in Jan 2019. Got the upgraded room with balcony. It's in a lively location right across the beach (and FLs if that's your thing). Breakfast buffet not bad. Their roadside restaurant is great for people watching although you have the indoor AC option if too hot. The last time I had got a BKK chick along with me for the whole stay but the prior time to that was a solo trip. Had a great stay both times. BTW if you book for two then no guest fee for a partner but they charged me for a third. HTH.

David 2
06-14-19, 17:59
Hi Guys.

Has anyone stayed at the Beverly Plaza Hotel recently? Like most hotels it looks good on the booking sites. Other then the usual girl friendly questions, how is the breakfast, are the rooms and bathrooms clean and spacious, are drinks available by the pool? Any and all feedback is welcomed.

Thanks.

Rob.I'd look elsewhere. This hotel has as many terrible reviews as good ones. I think this quote will answer all of your questions.

This hotel is terrible. I won't come back. Never ever.

Very bad services in this hotel. The staff are so rude. I'm from Australia. 1st time I stay here & I won't come back. The room is dirty. The food is terrible. You can't MEET YOUR FRIENDS or your Family IN YOUR ROOM. You have to pay $400 bath every time your friends or.

Rob Jones
06-16-19, 23:29
I'd look elsewhere. This hotel has as many terrible reviews as good ones. I think this quote will answer all of your questions.

This hotel is terrible. I won't come back. Never ever.

Very bad services in this hotel. The staff are so rude. I'm from Australia. 1st time I stay here & I won't come back. The room is dirty. The food is terrible. You can't MEET YOUR FRIENDS or your Family IN YOUR ROOM. You have to pay $400 bath every time your friends or.Thanks David.

Apsis
06-17-19, 01:01
Hey guys,

Has anyone stayed in the Mera Mare and has anything to report? Is it friendly, and how is it in general (I only saw one mention by mister BB as an offhand remark)?

Planning on staying in October (only time I could take vacation) for 5 nights.

Thanks!

Sydien
06-17-19, 11:25
I currently have a room at the base reserved but was wondering if there are any more centrally located recommended hotels. I was looking at LK empress but it seems to have mixed reviews here. Has anyone stayed at adelphi?

LoneWolf0737
06-17-19, 11:58
Hello brothers,

Planning to visit Pattaya soon. Can you please suggest which hotel is best. Food, location, Girl friendly and do we need to pay joiner fee for girls.

Kindly advise,

Cheers.

Dena0
06-18-19, 07:20
Hello dear friends,

I am desi.

Friends I need some info regarding my travel to Thailand in mid June!! My company has booked my hotel citrus grande Pattaya.

Guys please tell me if this hotel is guest friendly or not? When I emailed the hotel they said they only allow extra guest only if I book this hotel from their website? I will be booking the hotel on double occupancy but now I don't know what they will do!! Any suggestions on the nearby hotels so that I can take the girl there if possible.What is desi? An illness or handicap of some kind? Are you looking for a hotel that will accommodate that handicap?

Bunky
06-18-19, 15:01
I currently have a room at The Base reserved but was wondering if there are any more centrally located recommended hotels. I was looking at LK Empress but it seems to have mixed reviews here. Has anyone stayed at Adelphi?The Base condo is on the east side of Second Road, opposite Soi 11 and the the Mike shopping mall. It doesn't get any more "centrally located" than that.

This sub-forum has literally dozens of reviews of hotels that are located in central Pattaya. Go back 50 pages and read forward. You'll see five or six hotels with multiple reviews. Those hotels are popular for a reason. But you've got to do the work and read the reviews. Finally, your inquiry suggests you are a trifle hazy on Pattaya's geography. Google "Groovy Map Pattaya" and buy an old-fashioned map. Spend some time studying it to get the lay of the land while you are planning your trip.

HpHash
06-18-19, 17:49
Hello brothers,

Planning to visit Pattaya soon. Can you please suggest which hotel is best. Food, location, Girl friendly and do we need to pay joiner fee for girls.

Kindly advise,

Cheers.LK the empress is the best bro. You can have beach view rooms depending on your budget. This place is close to central mall where you lot of options in the food court. Near to many western chain restaurants and of course near to walking street. Enjoy your stay.

HpHash
06-18-19, 18:02
What is desi? An illness or handicap of some kind? Are you looking for a hotel that will accommodate that handicap?Hello brother,

"Desi" is a Hindi language (Asian Indian language) word. It means an Indian. Lot of people from India visit Pattaya so he may be trying to get answer from an Indian brother here.

P.S: Some places treat Indians differently in Pattaya.

HpHash
06-18-19, 18:14
Hello dear friends,

I am desi.

Friends I need some info regarding my travel to Thailand in mid June!! My company has booked my hotel citrus grande Pattaya.

Guys please tell me if this hotel is guest friendly or not? When I emailed the hotel they said they only allow extra guest only if I book this hotel from their website? I will be booking the hotel on double occupancy but now I don't know what they will do!! Any suggestions on the nearby hotels so that I can take the girl there if possible.Bro,

The LK Empress is your best choice. Location is great too. I think as long as you book double occupancy there shouldn't be any issue in Pattaya. Why else open a hotel Pattaya, if there is no guest allowed. Getting around places is very cheap by Baht Buses. Good luck.

LoneWolf0737
06-19-19, 07:53
LK the empress is the best bro. You can have beach view rooms depending on your budget. This place is close to central mall where you lot of options in the food court. Near to many western chain restaurants and of course near to walking street. Enjoy your stay.Thanks bro!

Taking time to reply among sarcastic people.

Dena0
06-22-19, 04:45
Thanks bro!

Taking time to reply among sarcastic people.Glad you caught the sarcasm that HpHash missed.

Perhaps you could also read the forum to trivially get the answers to your questions on your own time.

RTFF?

Smoothy
06-22-19, 04:47
Bro,

The LK Empress is your best choice..I stayed at LK Empress my last trip to Pattaya. I much prefer the Penthouse hotel over LK Empress. Penthouse is cheaper, closer to the action, and so unique. I think it's the perfect hotel for mongering.

Dena0
06-22-19, 04:51
I think this page needs a sticky thread stating in bold red capitals. ALL HOTELS IN PATTAYA ARE GIRL FRIENDLY, UNLESS REPORTED OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY. STOP ASKING.Only way I see is to either not respond to posters with that specific question or just post the 4 letter abbreviation RTFF.

UniversalX
06-22-19, 07:50
Hello brothers,

Kindly advise,

Cheers.LK Empress in Pattaya is a good spot. Good breakfast, Girl Friendly, walking distance to Walking Street, Also action to be had across the street along Beach Road.

Aviator12
06-24-19, 09:42
Hello brothers,

Kindly advise,

Cheers.Hmmm. "Best" hotel is probably Hilton or something in the 5 star class. I look for budget options and I like to stay near LK Metro area so I think Opey De Place is a good hotel for me.

Aviator12
06-24-19, 10:01
I am planning my first trip to Thailand. I will land in Bangkok and immediately leave for Pattaya. Sometime in the April to May window, I think.

In preliminary research I have been unpleasantly surprised how expensive Pattaya has become. Number shows average apartment cost in the city over 500 USD.

I am on a strict budget. I need information on cheap hotel rooms in or near (within 15 km) of Pattaya. Specifically I will be looking for a clean, basic room with good bed, not real noisy good air conditioning and good water pressure / shower. Private bath only and honest management. I want something no more than 500 Baht. I can go to 650 B, but I'd rather not.
I also need to know the cheapest, comfortable way to get from BKK airport to Pattaya, without a lot of walking.If you want to stay right in the action try Metro Apartment in LK Metro. Rooms above a good sportsbar. Nice large rooms. Big refrigerator, Balcony. Clean, good service, nice and friendly staff. Good food (from a nearby reastaurant). But no pool here. A bit noisy in the evening, but quiet from 3 AM. It is around 600 bath per night in April 2019. Smack dab in the middle of the action! Transport from the airport; try Bell transport. (www.belltravelservice.com) Book online. Only 300 bath or so. Includes the bus trip to Pattaya and onward transport to your hotel. Very convenient.

LoneWolf0737
06-24-19, 10:18
Hmmm. "Best" hotel is probably Hilton or something in the 5 star class. I look for budget options and I like to stay near LK Metro area so I think Opey De Place is a good hotel for me.I have booked class rooms hotel for my stay. Hope I didn't make bad choice.

Mogwai
06-25-19, 08:39
I have booked class rooms hotel for my stay. Hope I didn't make bad choice.Do you mean The Classroom Hotel in Soi 13/4? It's very close to Boys Town but other than that it looks ok and it gets good reviews on Tripadvisor.

ABigBulge
06-26-19, 19:18
Hi guys,

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, but I was wondering if any of you could confirm there is / are still internet cafes in Pattaya, I used to go to the one on second road near top of soi 13, there used to be one on soi bukhao, but I believe it is now a Tesco metro, there was also one on soi post office I think.

If you guys can help or recommend where I can log on and print out booking forms etc I would appreciate it. I am due to stay in 'hotel stay' on soi 10 next month and it doesn't look like they have such facilities.

I don't want to bring a smartphone with me, unless I really have to.

Many thanks in advance.

The Red Baron
06-27-19, 05:39
Morning lads,

I need to "work from home" from the USA but actually be in Pattaya so I need a hotel room where the internet is fast enough to host meetings and share my desktop. It also needs to be quiet so no mattress squeaking or hookers giggling in the adjoining rooms. Any recommendations? I'm currently doing this from Bangkok. I know RTFF but internet speed doesn't seem to rate a mention.

Oh if the room is a bit boring that's fine so that I can pass a video chat inspection by my mother.

Mogwai
06-27-19, 08:04
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, but I was wondering if any of you could confirm there is / are still internet cafes in Pattaya, I used to go to the one on second road near top of soi 13, there used to be one on soi bukhao, but I believe it is now a Tesco metro, there was also one on soi post office I think.

If you guys can help or recommend where I can log on and print out booking forms etc I would appreciate it. I am due to stay in 'hotel stay' on soi 10 next month and it doesn't look like they have such facilities.
I believe the one on Second Road near Soi 13 is still open but I'm not 100% sure. I don't pay attention to internet cafes anymore because I always bring my phone and laptop with me.

If I have a form that needs to be printed out then I send it to the hotel reception by email and they are always happy to print it out for me.(Sometimes they charge me 10 baht or so.)

Bunky
06-27-19, 16:00
I was wondering if any of you could confirm there is / are still internet cafes in Pattaya. If you guys can help or recommend where I can log on and print out booking forms etc I would appreciate it. I am due to stay in Hotel Stay on Soi 10 next month and it doesn't look like they have such facilities. I don't want to bring a smartphone with me, unless I really have to.Internet cafes are nowhere near as common as they were even a few years ago. But there are a handful around Pattaya, including the PATTAYA INTERNET CAFE. It's on the north side of Soi Lengkee, just east of Soi Buakaow. (If you get to the Jolly Friar restaurant, you've gone too far east. If you get to Retox, you've really gone too far.).

If you're worried about bringing your phone along, you can easily purchase a cheap one on the Bay of E. Search for "unlocked GSM phones" and you'll have hundreds to choose from. When you land at BKK you can buy a SIM card for cheap and get calls and internet access. That way, if all you need is a boarding pass printed you can email to the front desk of your hotel and save having to find an internet cafe.

Christian G
06-27-19, 16:17
Morning lads,

I need to "work from home" from the USA but actually be in Pattaya so I need a hotel room where the internet is fast enough to host meetings and share my desktop. It also needs to be quiet so no mattress squeaking or hookers giggling in the adjoining rooms. Any recommendations? I'm currently doing this from Bangkok. I know RTFF but internet speed doesn't seem to rate a mention.
You could check apartment on Airbnb, usually you have a private router wifi with good speed. Some apartment have desk for pc. I always had a good time at Unixx Condo.

Christian G
06-27-19, 16:27
Hi guys,
I don't want to bring a smartphone with me, unless I really have to.
I don't know if is still open or not, but a couple of years ago there was one near Tony gym in soi Buakhao. Check the pic.

TurdyCurdyOne
06-28-19, 13:05
If you want to stay right in the action try Metro Apartment in LK Metro. Rooms above a good sportsbar. Nice large rooms. Big refrigerator, Balcony. Clean, good service, nice and friendly staff. Good food (from a nearby reastaurant). But no pool here. A bit noisy in the evening, but quiet from 3 AM. It is around 600 bath per night in April 2019. Smack dab in the middle of the action! Transport from the airport; try Bell transport. (www.belltravelservice.com) Book online. Only 300 bath or so. Includes the bus trip to Pattaya and onward transport to your hotel. Very convenient.OK, I just got a message from the admin not to use "hard returns" OK I get it. I did not think I would get a reply to my post about Pattaya so was surprised to see the one above and thanks for that.

I had to delay my trip due to some banking problems, but am now going beginning of July. But, I have been reading some BAD reports on Pattaya, how dead it is and how the girls there don't even make eye contact with punters. So I am now searching for alternatives. I will spend a couple days in Pattaya and report back but if anyone has suggestions for good alternatives that are not too small town, please tell me. I don't do BKK as I don't like BIG cities. A smaller city that is not so polluted with a swimmable beach would be good. Thinking maybe S. Thailand? I mean what good is Pattaya if the girls there act like western girls?

I kicked out my gwapa G / F after about a year when it became apparent she is just using me for nice accommodations, food, etc and has some mental, bipolar disorder. Getting semi-violent. Too bad she was a solid 8-9, except small breasts. Cannot do crazy, no matter how good looking and good in bed they are (and she was). She was so crazy even SHE did not know why she was with me. One minute she is in love, next minute temper tantrum crazy.

OK I went through this post to try to erase any hard returns, let me know if it's better.

Franga
06-29-19, 09:07
I have been reading some BAD reports on Pattaya, how dead it is and how the girls there don't even make eye contact with punters.It is only dead in terms of punters and general tourists being low in numbers which is great, so that now I can get a seat at my favorite restaurant whereas in high season I have to get takeaway. But there are still plenty of girls around, though beach road quality is dismal. Soi 6 is quite active but 98% of chicks there are not doable due to fat legs and bland faces. Personally I prefer this time of year in Pattaya.

Member #4698
06-29-19, 14:07
I have been reading some BAD reports on Pattaya, how dead it is and how the girls there don't even make eye contact with punters. So I am now searching for alternatives.

It is only dead in terms of punters and general tourists being low in numbers which is great, so that now I can get a seat at my favorite restaurant whereas in high season I have to get takeaway. But there are still plenty of girls around, though beach road quality is dismal. Soi 6 is quite active but 98% of chicks there are not doable due to fat legs and bland faces. Personally I prefer this time of year in Pattaya.Don't believe the naysayers. NOW (April thru the middle of October) is the best time of the year to go to Pattaya. Franga is absolutely right. Sure demand is down from high season, that's a good thing, yet the Go Go's are very lively, not overcrowded, you can always find a seat, and the girls are at their most friendly. I wouldn't think of going to Pattaya in DEC or January. High season is the worst time to visit. Pattaya in high season is bursting at the seams and guys are standing in line for the sexiest girls and what do you think happens to quality of service in the peak high demand season. Forgetaboutit! The best time to go is when the percentages are all in the punter's favor and supply far exceeds demand not vice versa. Duh.

Of course there are excellent alternatives: BKK is always great, Jakarta, and Manila are a big plus too IMHO. But I highly recommend Pattaya in low season. This is the time I go. I find that the girls are openly competing for my attentions, I can get any girl I so desire, I receive significant discounts on hotels, and Walking Street is navigable (LOL). What's not to like? The only negative are the occasional tropical downpours and the subsequent flooding of the sois. Bring a sturdy umbrella and you will be fine. The sun shines in the rainy season too. Sometimes for days and weeks. Oh yeah, its Durian season as well. Yummy!

XXL
06-29-19, 16:13
I had to delay my trip due to some banking problems, but am now going beginning of July. But, I have been reading some BAD reports on Pattaya, how dead it is and how the girls there don't even make eye contact with punters..Not making eye contact is the Thai girls' way of rejecting a man. Sixty percent of girls on Soi 6 never make eye contact with me, however hard I try. Once I decided to challenge such a girl and walked up to her until our noses were nearly touching. She blurted "wadyou wan? After I made myself clear she cogitated for a moment then said "cannot, hab customer".

Plenty of girls on Soi 6? It depends. Subtract the ladyboys, the ones nobody wants, the ones who always seem to be busy with food or their smartphones, the ones who always look away, ...

That's why I find myself sessioning the same 6 or 7 girls in rotation. That still qualify as a great sex life but that's not what it looks to a one who is here only one week.

Regarding the time of year, I'm only in Pattaya over Xmas and New Year because then Europe is cold and boring. But I hate having to snatch an evening meal at 5pm because as from 6pm all seats in restaurants and shopping malls are taken. Thailand's top beaches are booked up as well. Avoid December and January if you can.

Ricky81
07-04-19, 16:43
Hello brother,

"Desi" is a Hindi language (Asian Indian language) word. It means an Indian. Lot of people from India visit Pattaya so he may be trying to get answer from an Indian brother here.

P.S: Some places treat Indians differently in Pattaya.'Desi' specifically used in northern part of India, many south Indian won't identify themselves as desi, north or south Indians, I saw them not allowed in some go-go, spoils the mood. I personally felt BKK is good for Indians than Pattaya.

WannaLove1977
07-04-19, 20:45
We are a couple traveling to Pattaya for couple of days looking for some fun. What's the recommendation for hotel for couple looking to experiment and may be bring joiner back in room. Penthouse seems interesting. Any reviews / recommendations on same or something else.

Also is it easy to get a girl willing to join couple.

Rob Jones
07-05-19, 03:39
Hi All.

Does anyone have any experiences at all with this hotel on Soi Buakhao? The location looks ok for LK Metro activities.

Thanks.

Rob.

Franga
07-05-19, 08:26
Does anyone have any experiences at all with this hotel on Soi Buakhao? The location looks ok for LK Metro activities.
I took a look at a room about a year ago around midnight but the noise from Soi 9 (treetown area) was loud so I decided to go elsewhere. I suppose after 2 am the noise may die down. I ended up in Opey de Place on Soi Lengkee in a quiet back room for 800 baht per night. Good pool at Opey but I found the wifi to be too spotty.

Rob Jones
07-05-19, 23:47
I took a look at a room about a year ago around midnight but the noise from Soi 9 (treetown area) was loud so I decided to go elsewhere. I suppose after 2 am the noise may die down. I ended up in Opey de Place on Soi Lengkee in a quiet back room for 800 baht per night. Good pool at Opey but I found the wifi to be too spotty.Thanks Franga.

We are usually up after 2 am so noise wouldn't be a problem. Comfortable bed, clean pool, drinks by pool and a decent breakfast are the deal makers / breakers.

Rob.

Zauberfee
07-06-19, 05:47
Any reviews / recommendations on same or something else.I can recommend Baraquda Hotel on 2nd Road next to Pattaya Avenue Mall. Kind of boutique hotel, staff friendly and helpful all the time and completely hassle free for joiners. 2 girls never were a problem when I stayed there.

Rob Jones
07-06-19, 06:51
I can recommend Baraquda Hotel on 2nd Road next to Pattaya Avenue Mall. Kind of boutique hotel, staff friendly and helpful all the time and completely hassle free for joiners. 2 girls never were a problem when I stayed there.4 girls not a problem!

DelhiD
07-07-19, 17:02
Hi folks,

Like in India we have oyo, maiemytrip, goibibo etc. To book hotels, Are there localized app (hotel aggregation) in Thailand?

Booking, agoda, hotels are there though.

I see mostly have there own website / group of 2-3 hotels.

McFuck
07-11-19, 11:41
Hi folks,

Like in India we have oyo, maiemytrip, goibibo etc. To book hotels, Are there localized app (hotel aggregation) in Thailand?

Booking, agoda, hotels are there though.

I see mostly have there own website / group of 2-3 hotels.If you are booking from India, try MMT. No one can beat their price and mostly all hotels are available.

WannaLove1977
07-12-19, 11:12
Wanted to provide an update on my query. Ended up booking Penthouse Hotel (Babylon Spa Suite Suite). Very Interesting hotel which is good to try if you are looking for something different. Party rooms with poles and different lighting. Went as a couple, booked a couple of girls from devils den and had a fun time. Bed with mirrors on ceiling was an interesting twist with 4 on a bed.

We are a couple traveling to Pattaya for couple of days looking for some fun. What's the recommendation for hotel for couple looking to experiment and may be bring joiner back in room. Penthouse seems interesting. Any reviews / recommendations on same or something else.

Also is it easy to get a girl willing to join couple.

Fmahwah
07-13-19, 04:50
Today I had massage in little finger near walking street.

They offering 2 hour massage for 350 bath.

Good massage. Must try.

Mombie75
07-14-19, 15:39
I've just bad 10 nights at The Base, not sure if I posted this earlier?

Anyways, I can't fault it. Nice 2 bedroom apartment, 1 bathroom, kitchen and living space not that big but fine and a balcony that looks out over the sea from the 18th floor. Position wise for me it is spot on, on 2nd road around Soi 11. Nice walk to walking street, soi 6, beach road and soi buckao just behind.

I got it from air be and be.

No problem bringing any guests back anytime of day or night.

Allover
07-15-19, 06:47
This is a small hotel in an alleyway off Soi 8. It is at the Beach Road end of Soi 8. The hotel has five stories. The rooms are clean. I got the room thru hotels.com for about B950. The rooms are pretty basic and have a bird's nest theme. The chairs in the room are designed like bird cages. Breakfast and laundry services are available nearby but not offered by the hotel. Room has a very nice size walk in shower. The king size bed is very comfortable, not too hard and not soft. I have the ocean view room but the view is only a sliver of the ocean. Since it gets so hot I have to keep the window drapes closed and I find that the ocean view is not worth paying anything extra for. With its soi 8 location, the girls are everywhere but I find that to be a disadvantage. It's just too much in your face for me. For someone looking for a hotel in this price range it's not a bad deal. I'm just not happy with the in your face location. I'm sure some of you guys would prefer that. Since I'll be in town for a while longer I will return to the White House Condotel. That's always been my favorite place to stay in Pattaya.

Ricky81
07-17-19, 17:38
Wanted to provide an update on my query. Ended up booking Penthouse Hotel (Babylon Spa Suite Suite). Very Interesting hotel which is good to try if you are looking for something different. Party rooms with poles and different lighting. Went as a couple, booked a couple of girls from devils den and had a fun time. Bed with mirrors on ceiling was an interesting twist with 4 on a bed.I tried to book penthouse hotel in booking.com, it looks like it got sold out for Aug. 1st week. In my previous trips I stayed in premier Inn near LK area and flipper house. I think flipper house they don't mind much who comes and goes, I tried to bring a TF app freelance girl, turns out to be a TG, lucky me I was not in my room to find this out or else it would have been a bad experience, careful if you are calling any girls through online apps. Premier Inn is a decent hotel, they take girls I'd card and call you while she leaves in morning, which I liked. This time I have try out list for two days stay, shortlisted penthouse, nemos, LK empress, baywalk, grand hotel, chada Thai, mainly I am looking for medium budget hotels between walking street and beach road, big rooms, may be quite place too. Any suggestion please.

Rob Jones
07-17-19, 23:18
I tried to book penthouse hotel in booking.com, it looks like it got sold out for Aug. 1st week. In my previous trips I stayed in premier Inn near LK area and flipper house. I think flipper house they don't mind much who comes and goes, I tried to bring a TF app freelance girl, turns out to be a TG, lucky me I was not in my room to find this out or else it would have been a bad experience, careful if you are calling any girls through online apps. Premier Inn is a decent hotel, they take girls I'd card and call you while she leaves in morning, which I liked. This time I have try out list for two days stay, shortlisted penthouse, nemos, LK empress, baywalk, grand hotel, chada Thai, mainly I am looking for medium budget hotels between walking street and beach road, big rooms, may be quite place too. Any suggestion please.Hi Ricky.

I have previously stayed at both the Penthouse and Flipper House. I do not think I would return to the Penthouse due to a few reasons, joiner fee if more then 2 girls, breakfast limited, is a bit on the dirty side, rooms are showing their age and a very complicated lighting system (I worked it out after 4 nights) with close to dangerous power points. I love the Flipper House and intend on staying again next February. Did the security point out you had a TG on your hands because I heard of a guy in Bangkok who ended up with one in his room even after security checked the ID card LOL.

Rob.

Mogwai
07-18-19, 08:11
I tried to book penthouse hotel in booking.com, it looks like it got sold out for Aug. 1st week. Booking.com might be sold out but that doesn't necessarily mean the hotel is sold out. Just try another booking site or even the hotel website.

Ricky81
07-18-19, 08:31
Hi Ricky.

I have previously stayed at both the Penthouse and Flipper House. I do not think I would return to the Penthouse due to a few reasons, joiner fee if more then 2 girls, breakfast limited, is a bit on the dirty side, rooms are showing their age and a very complicated lighting system (I worked it out after 4 nights) with close to dangerous power points. I love the Flipper House and intend on staying again next February. Did the security point out you had a TG on your hands because I heard of a guy in Bangkok who ended up with one in his room even after security checked the ID card LOL.

Rob.I went last December, so it was a busy reception, no body cares that time I think, ya I was outside the building, I saw her / him, entering without any stopping from security, I think there was no security, she just entered the elevator without any hassle. Flipper house is not a bad hotel though.

RacShack
07-18-19, 08:47
Hi Ricky.

Rob.Exactly, I was wondering what this other guy that recommended Penthouse hotel was talking about, been discussed many many times before very dirty rooms roach infested, many dangerous electrical problems in rooms!

Owner stopped putting money into place years ago when he let his (x bar girl worker) wife run the place, do not stay their unless you like sleeping with cockroaches!

Ricky81
07-18-19, 12:34
Booking.com might be sold out but that doesn't necessarily mean the hotel is sold out. Just try another booking site or even the hotel website.Yes sure, I got the same feeling too Thanks.

Rob Jones
07-19-19, 00:17
Exactly, I was wondering what this other guy that recommended Penthouse hotel was talking about, been discussed many many times before very dirty rooms roach infested, many dangerous electrical problems in rooms!

Owner stopped putting money into place years ago when he let his (x bar girl worker) wife run the place, do not stay their unless you like sleeping with cockroaches!I think its reputation is its saving grace over the years. I have heard, not seen personally, about girls being naked by the pool etc but as you stated it has seen better days. When I was there in February 2018 the management seemed to be all western. For that porn star feel I think 1 night would be sufficient to tick it off the bucket list.

Smoothy
07-19-19, 06:22
Penthouse is a novelty hotel. If you want a 5 star luxury hotel, stay somewhere else. If you want a cleaner and duller hotel further from the action for the same price, that's easy to find. However, if you want to have some unique fun and want to be near walking street and the beach for a very reasonable price, the Penthouse is a fine choice.

Here are some pics I took at Penthouse Hotel. Is it as good as it once was? Nope. But it's still a fun place to stay. For a short mongering visit, I still think it's a good choice. By the way, I have never even once seen a roach in my room there. I'm not saying that doesn't happen because I'm sure it does on occasion. But I would not call it roach infested. That's taking it too far. The electrical problems are mainly with the disco lights. You don't need to turn those on if you don't want to. Personally, I always turn them on for the girls to dance and for sex and turn them off to sleep.

I never book Penthouse with booking.com or any other online hotel booking service. I go directly to the Penthouse website. Their prices are cheap. I've not once had a problem with the booking either using that site.

Franga
07-20-19, 15:23
Just noticed a sign out front of the Siam Sawasdee Hotel advertising monthly rates of 15,000 baht, or 4500 baht weekly. I think it was a "Premium" room from memory.

Ricky81
07-21-19, 10:44
Penthouse is a novelty hotel. If you want a 5 star luxury hotel, stay somewhere else. If you want a cleaner and duller hotel further from the action for the same price, that's easy to find. However, if you want to have some unique fun and want to be near walking street and the beach for a very reasonable price, the Penthouse is a fine choice.

Here are some pics I took at Penthouse Hotel. Is it as good as it once was? Nope. But it's still a fun place to stay. For a short mongering visit, I still think it's a good choice. By the way, I have never even once seen a roach in my room there. I'm not saying that doesn't happen because I'm sure it does on occasion. But I would not call it roach infested. That's taking it too far. The electrical problems are mainly with the disco lights. You don't need to turn those on if you don't want to. Personally, I always turn them on for the girls to dance and for sex and turn them off to sleep.

I never book Penthouse with booking.com or any other online hotel booking service. I go directly to the Penthouse website. Their prices are cheap. I've not once had a problem with the booking either using that site.Thanks for the details, based on your suggestions and gut feeling going to book this hotel for next month a day stay, also a budgeted hotel in central Pattaya for a day, just trying my luck as I wanted to stay centrally. Once again Thanks, will post my experience of staying there.

WannaLove1977
07-23-19, 06:43
I stayed for 2 nights on July 11, 12 and definitely didn't found any bugs / roaches there. At check in, the owner showed us couple of rooms (Babylon Spa Suite) and we were free to pick any of them. Yes, the hotel seemed old but to me it's was a unique and different experience that you can try for a day or two. We were a couple, had 2 joiners and enjoyed the experience with poles / jacuzzi and lighting (no extra fee charged for joiners). As somebody else mentioned, it's better to book directly from their site as I couldn't see rooms available on hotel sites.

Exactly, I was wondering what this other guy that recommended Penthouse hotel was talking about, been discussed many many times before very dirty rooms roach infested, many dangerous electrical problems in rooms!

Owner stopped putting money into place years ago when he let his (x bar girl worker) wife run the place, do not stay their unless you like sleeping with cockroaches!

Sunlover2
07-24-19, 07:31

I never book Penthouse with booking.com or any other online hotel booking service. I go directly to the Penthouse website. Their prices are cheap. I've not once had a problem with the booking either using that site.This is a fair and accurate description of the Penthouse Hotel. One of the reasons I stay there is the location: a very convenient walk to Beach Road and Walking Street, and close enough to LK Metro and Devils Den.

SL.

Allover
07-28-19, 07:34
I recently spent four nights at The Stay on Soi 10 between Second Rd and Beach Rd. The Soi is quiet especially late at night. There is a loud bar at the corner of Second and Soi 10 but it won't bother you at The Stay. I chose Stay over Page 10 Hotel because of that noisy bar. The band plays until the wee hours of the morning. The Stay's location is great. 2 minutes walk to either Beach or 2nd Rd. The hotel is pretty new, I'm estimating 5 years old. Girl friendly. Clientele is predominantly Western. The place is very clean. Breakfast is buffet style (limited choices) but they cook eggs and omelettes to order. Gym on the top floor (7th or 8th floor) is decent. Most of the rooms have a nice balcony with seating for two people. I'm not a pool user so I can't comment on that. I paid B1800 on hotels.com. That rate included all taxes and breakfast. Rooms are generally quiet but I did hear the TV from the room next door. The bed is firm, not too hard. The bathroom is very large with a great, walk in shower. No tub.

Overall I really liked this hotel and it is now my second favorite in town. I have another hotel I prefer that is cheaper that remains my favorite. If you are looking for a hotel in this price range, I would recommend it highly.

Smoothy
07-28-19, 12:57
This is a fair and accurate description of the Penthouse Hotel. One of the reasons I stay there is the location: a very convenient walk to Beach Road and Walking Street, and close enough to LK Metro and Devils Den.

SL.I liked it when they had the gogo downstairs and the TV in the room had a channel that showed what was going on in the gogo. You could watch that channel and various cameras around the gogo were trained on the girls dancing. You could call downstairs and ask them to send a girl up that you saw on the tv.

Dena0
08-04-19, 06:25
I recently spent four nights at The Stay on Soi 10 between Second Rd and Beach Rd. The Soi is quiet especially late at night. There is a loud bar at the corner of Second and Soi 10 but it won't bother you at The Stay. I chose Stay over Page 10 Hotel because of that noisy bar. The band plays until the wee hours of the morning. The Stay's location is great. 2 minutes walk to either Beach or 2nd Rd. The hotel is pretty new, I'm estimating 5 years old. Girl friendly. Clientele is predominantly Western. The place is very clean. Breakfast is buffet style (limited choices) but they cook eggs and omelettes to order. Gym on the top floor (7th or 8th floor) is decent. Most of the rooms have a nice balcony with seating for two people. I'm not a pool user so I can't comment on that. I paid B1800 on hotels.com. That rate included all taxes and breakfast. Rooms are generally quiet but I did hear the TV from the room next door. The bed is firm, not too hard. The bathroom is very large with a great, walk in shower. No tub.

Overall I really liked this hotel and it is now my second favorite in town. I have another hotel I prefer that is cheaper that remains my favorite. If you are looking for a hotel in this price range, I would recommend it highly.Ideal review hitting all points of evaluation for me, thank you.

ViceVox
08-08-19, 02:05
Little old, but very close to all the clubs and beach. Around 40 $ per day with breakfast. Only issue was to carrying the big room key.

ViceVox
08-08-19, 02:12
Decent hotel if you want to cover the action near soi 6 for 45 $ per day. Not many options after 11 in the night, but it felt good to stay at a quiet place far from walking street.

Finnish Fucker
08-18-19, 14:39
Holiday Inn is a decent hotel as such. Rooms are OK, pools are good. The view from the room is nice to South Pattaya. Food is not that great.

But the location is too remote from WS and there are not many good eating options nearby. The beach in front of the hotel is deserted and quiet. Also many chinese and indian families in the hotel so the pool is full of screaming kids. I would not recommend this hotel for punters. Unless you like the soapie massage places nearby on 2nd street.

And I was again amazed how these better class hotels in Thailand manage to mess up so badly with my credit card payment. I had a room booked in internet but not paid. So I paid upon my check in, 48000 baht. The young male employer at the reception swiped my Visa card 3 times before the payment was accepted. And the consequence was that there was additional 2 x 48000 baht blocked at my credit card. Which would have normally taken 2 weeks to disappear without my actions and several phone calls to Finland. How can these 4 or 5 star Thailand hotels manage year after year to fuck up with the payment? As if they were trained to do so.

BogieMaker
08-18-19, 18:26
I am planning 45 days in Pattaya and looking at Airbnb for rentals. I have read the forum but can not find much information on the City Center Residence located on 3rd road. Does anybody have any experience at this location? There are several condos for under $600/ month but the place seem to be fairly isolated.

I am also looking at a condo in City Garden Tower which seems to be nice.

Are there alternatives to Airbnb that might be better for monthly rentals.

Franga
08-19-19, 08:41
Are there alternatives to Airbnb that might be better for monthly rentals.Have you considered Diana Estates on Soi Buakhao. Very well run complex with pool. Prices are a bit high though around $1000 usd per month. Google: Meow's rentals at Diana-Estate, Pattaya, and contact Meow by email. However usually booked up from Nov to Feb.

Ricky81
08-24-19, 18:06
This is a fair and accurate description of the Penthouse Hotel. One of the reasons I stay there is the location: a very convenient walk to Beach Road and Walking Street, and close enough to LK Metro and Devils Den.

SL.Stayed in the hotel in my recent visit for a day. It's not roach infected for sure but I had seen a bacon spray in the room LOL.

It's not a standard hotel, they will arrange a massage girl to your room for 800 bhat if you want massage in the room. I don't know why but I don't liked the overall setup of the hotel and room. May be because the window viewing another hotel window, the light setup, bed everything was unique. Even not felt like taking any girl to the hotel. But cleanliness and very close to walking street is an advantage.

BogieMaker
08-27-19, 06:42
I am planning 45 days in Pattaya and looking at Airbnb for rentals. I have read the forum but can not find much information on the City Center Residence located on 3rd road. Does anybody have any experience at this location? There are several condos for under $600/ month but the place seem to be fairly isolated.

I am also looking at a condo in City Garden Tower which seems to be nice.

Are there alternatives to Airbnb that might be better for monthly rentals.I have decided on the Pattaya Beach Condos on 13 Alley and will let you all know what I think.

Bugzy 69
08-27-19, 14:39
Have to agree with you that although its a decent hotel chain it's way too long from WS. During my last trip I stayed at Baraquda mcGallery on 2nd road, location wise, pool area & rooms highly recommended. Was repeating another stay next month but they stated on website that they have to close pool for 1 month for some kinda serious maintenance. Pool, preferably large, is a must for my own relaxing afternoons. Enquired Avani as well but they have a very strict joiner fee of 1000 Baht. Hilton is out of my reach as per budget & most probably will end up Viewtalay6 .

Holiday Inn is a decent hotel as such. Rooms are OK, pools are good. The view from the room is nice to South Pattaya. Food is not that great.

But the location is too remote from WS and there are not many good eating options nearby. The beach in front of the hotel is deserted and quiet. Also many chinese and indian families in the hotel so the pool is full of screaming kids. I would not recommend this hotel for punters. Unless you like the soapie massage places nearby on 2nd street.

And I was again amazed how these better class hotels in Thailand manage to mess up so badly with my credit card payment. I had a room booked in internet but not paid. So I paid upon my check in, 48000 baht. The young male employer at the reception swiped my Visa card 3 times before the payment was accepted. And the consequence was that there was additional 2 x 48000 baht blocked at my credit card. Which would have normally taken 2 weeks to disappear without my actions and several phone calls to Finland. How can these 4 or 5 star Thailand hotels manage year after year to fuck up with the payment? As if they were trained to do so.

Feelz Good
08-28-19, 19:57
Anyone have any experience with the Bay Breeze hotel? Girl friendly?

Floralys
09-27-19, 09:56
I stayed in flipper lodge in may. Pattaya was really dead in may, I liked it. It rained almost every night, but I wasn't bothered bc I'm more inside than outside. Flipper lodge hotel looked empty inside, which was good.

I payed a deluxe room for about 40 dollars a day and it wasn't worth the quality. The lobby has no A/C, so you can't relax there to wait for your buddies. They do have a couple of fans. 1 crappy computer in the lobby also.

Pool area, which was main reason my friends booked this hotel, looked ugly. They had cheap white plastic chairs, no warm atmosphere in the pool area, just looked cheap and outdated.

1 time I got up for breakfast and food wasn't good at all, not much choice and just plain bland.

My room was big enough, shower was good enough (no closed door, but a curtain) and no issue with hot water.

This hotel is very popular, probably because of the location (soi 8, which has many bars) and its cheap. You don't need to worry about having a good night sleep, bc it gets really quiet after 2 am.

Anybody tried baron beach Pattaya lately? Search shows me posts of 6 years ago.

Mogwai
09-29-19, 09:33
Anyone have any experience with the Bay Breeze hotel? Girl friendly?Yes it is. Stayed there once. Nice hotel but very noisy due to the beer bars across the street at Second Road.

Rob Jones
09-29-19, 23:26
I stayed in flipper lodge in may. Pattaya was really dead in may, I liked it. It rained almost every night, but I wasn't bothered bc I'm more inside than outside. Flipper lodge hotel looked empty inside, which was good.

I payed a deluxe room for about 40 dollars a day and it wasn't worth the quality. The lobby has no A/C, so you can't relax there to wait for your buddies. They do have a couple of fans. 1 crappy computer in the lobby also.

Pool area, which was main reason my friends booked this hotel, looked ugly. They had cheap white plastic chairs, no warm atmosphere in the pool area, just looked cheap and outdated.

1 time I got up for breakfast and food wasn't good at all, not much choice and just plain bland.

My room was big enough, shower was good enough (no closed door, but a curtain) and no issue with hot water.

This hotel is very popular, probably because of the location (soi 8, which has many bars) and its cheap. You don't need to worry about having a good night sleep, bc it gets really quiet after 2 am.

Anybody tried baron beach Pattaya lately? Search shows me posts of 6 years ago.In February I stayed at Flipper Lodge too. Location is good and the rooms were OK. I found breakfast OK for a 3 star hotel. I didn't like the fact that you had to climb a flight of stairs from the lobby to the first floor to then take an elevator to the rooms. Only used the pool once and as you stated pretty ordinary. From memory my shower was walk in with no door or curtain. After 4 nights we re-located Flipper House in Soi 7. Same pricing but rooms were superior, pool area was great, elevators direct from lobby, the shower did have a tub and curtain which I do not like and we will re-book for next February.

Rob.

Bouvis
09-30-19, 08:13
And the consequence was that there was additional 2 x 48000 baht blocked at my credit card. Which would have normally taken 2 weeks to disappear without my actions and several phone calls to Finland. How can these 4 or 5 star Thailand hotels manage year after year to fuck up with the payment? As if they were trained to do so.Because they receive little or no training.

Always be very cautious using your cards here. Never take your eyes off the physical transaction, otherwise the result will be what you have encountered.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with what really is a simple task and was fucked up by incompetence.

Also a tip is to watch the money you get back in change (supermarkets and 7-11's in particular) if your change is over 350 THB.

I don't think they do this deliberately (to scam you) they just don't have the smarts.

Not all but the majority of people working in some of these places are not the sharpest when it comes to basic math.

Where I live in Isan the maximum note I hand over is 100 THB, they just can't break down anything correctly when it comes to 500 THB notes or above from what I have experienced.

YMMV but I always double check and keep an eye on things as apposed to being a bit more confident in other countries.

Krishpad
10-01-19, 14:09
Anyone have any experience with the Bay Breeze hotel? Girl friendly?Stayed there last year in Aug. Great location with retox just in front if you like live sports or European beers. Also just 50 mtrs walk to 2nd road baht bus.

The rooms are large but the beds are not the best. My fav on soi honey is 247. And yeah, girl friendly.

Rob Jones
10-01-19, 23:40

And I was again amazed how these better class hotels in Thailand manage to mess up so badly with my credit card payment. I had a room booked in internet but not paid. So I paid upon my check in, 48000 baht. The young male employer at the reception swiped my Visa card 3 times before the payment was accepted. And the consequence was that there was additional 2 x 48000 baht blocked at my credit card. Which would have normally taken 2 weeks to disappear without my actions and several phone calls to Finland. How can these 4 or 5 star Thailand hotels manage year after year to fuck up with the payment? As if they were trained to do so.I try to avoid pay at hotel when booking online.

LomoBenji85
10-04-19, 04:25
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel somewhere between Soi 6 and Walking street that have rooms with a lounge area with a decent sofa?

I like to use sofas for. Stuff. My budget is $80 usd a night.

MikeLodge
10-11-19, 12:22
Hi,

I live in the PI so only have done a dozen tourist trips to Patts in hotels so if anyone can recommend a decent monthly rental these are my criteria.

1. Must be nice with housekeeping near the busy areas of Pattaya. Some place easy to get to with one ride. I pay 33 k for a Condo in the PI so similar price 20 k Baht or less but I am flexible.

2. Must be guest friendly with a guard.

3. A pool is plus but not a must.

4. Want to be able to cook so not a simple hotel room need like a studio room or so.

5. Only want month to month since I might leave in a month.

6. The closer to the action the better.

Thanks.

Bunky
10-11-19, 18:39
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel somewhere between Soi 6 and Walking street that have rooms with a lounge area with a decent sofa? My budget is USD $80 per night.That's about 2,400 baht per night at the current exchange rate. You might look at the Whitehouse Condotel. They have some nice one bedroom suites that feature a separate sitting area with a small sofa and a couple of arm chairs. The nightly rate might be a bit over 2,400, though. At the View Talay 6 there are numerous condos for rent. Almost all over them are 40 square meter efficiency units that have some "sofa like" seating near the sliding door leading to the balcony. Some are proper sofas. Some are futons. Some are, what do you call them, sectionals? Prices are slightly less than the one bedroom suites at the Whitehouse. But you need to book through one of the View Talay 6 agents like Honey or Dancewatchers.

XXL
10-12-19, 04:03
Hi,

I live in the PI so only have done a dozen tourist trips to Patts in hotels so if anyone can recommend a decent monthly rental these are my criteria.

1. Must be nice with housekeeping near the busy areas of Pattaya. Some place easy to get to with one ride. I pay 33 k for a Condo in the PI so similar price 20 k Baht or less but I am flexible.

4. Want to be able to cook so not a simple hotel room need like a studio room or so.

Thanks.At View Talay 6 I had dealings with Condo6 agency. You may ask to speak to "Oil". Nice chap and above board.

The side facing North gets noise from the Central Festival mall air-con machinery as from 11am. The side facing south (towards walking street) gets mosquitos after dusk from the neighbouring park up to least the 8th floor. Floor 14th was reported to me as definitely free of mosquitos, but it more expensive.

Diana Estate (behind Night Bazaar) also fits your specifications. I gave up on them as they could not guarantee I would get a condo with an in-room safe if I booked in advance. A combination lock safe is a must as far I'm concerned.

Syzygies
10-12-19, 04:58
Diana Estate (behind Night Bazaar) also fits your specifications. I gave up on them as they could not guarantee I would get a condo with an in-room safe if I booked in advance. A combination lock safe is a must as far I'm concerned.Do guys travel with a lot of valuables or a lot of cash? Puzzles me, since when my Hotel has a safe in the room, I almost never bother to use it. Don't seem to have any problems. My really valuable thing is the passport of course. No jewellery. No gold. Travel with old broken laptop not very appealing. It would not fit in safe anyway. Don't carry other expensive equipment usually.

Maybe I don't take very suspect girls to the room, but also don't leave anything valuable in quick and easy to find places. One doesn't leave wallet in quick access to a girl if in the shower. Once suspected a regular girl of maybe thieving a couple of thousand baht from wallet but could not be certain. Over many many years did not have problems. Don't know if passport theft would be a real risk. That is clearly first priority for the safe.

I believe a passport is far safer in your room (even not in the safe) than being carried around with you. Far easier for your bag to be stolen outside the Hotel, even not targeting your passport.

I once had a bag stolen when I was in a shopping centre but never from my room.

Risk in the room is more likely that maid will sample a lady's expensive face cream or perfume, expecting to be undetected. Leaving coins on the table is probably quite low risk.

In general your Hotel room is not a risky place in Thailand, relative to other places. So use a safe if you like and makes you feel better. However in practical terms, the shit mostly happens elsewhere. Even bad police could be a danger outside the Hotel.

Biggest room danger: Pissed off girl plants drugs in your room and calls bad police to raid your room ending up in deep shit, or you get drugged by the girl.
Planting of drugs in Thailand is all too common. That is biggest way innocent people get into deep shit, unless you are Myanmar workers on Koh Tao and setup for the murders.
Thailand's image must be protected though.

Allover
10-13-19, 03:03
Do guys travel with a lot of valuables or a lot of cash? Puzzles me, since when my Hotel has a safe in the room, I almost never bother to use it. Don't seem to have any problems. My really valuable thing is the passport of course. No jewellery. No gold. Travel with old broken laptop not very appealing. It would not fit in safe anyway. Don't carry other expensive equipment usually.

Maybe I don't take very suspect girls to the room, but also don't leave anything valuable in quick and easy to find places. One doesn't leave wallet in quick access to a girl if in the shower. Once suspected a regular girl of maybe thieving a couple of thousand baht from wallet but could not be certain. Over many many years did not have problems. Don't know if passport theft would be a real risk. That is clearly first priority for the safe.

I believe a passport is far safer in your room (even not in the safe) than being carried around with you. Far easier for your bag to be stolen outside the Hotel, even not targeting your passport.I also require an in-room safe. Won't rent a hotel room without it. I use it mainly for my passport and wallet. I usually have B15,000-B25,000 in my room. I realize safes are not 1000% safe but it is the best way to store important items IMHO.

Mogwai
10-13-19, 09:58
Do guys travel with a lot of valuables or a lot of cash? Puzzles me, since when my Hotel has a safe in the room, I almost never bother to use it. I guess you have a Thai bank account? Most of us don't, so we either bring a lot of cash or withdraw big amounts from the ATMs.
And apart from that we use the safe for laptop, credit card, passport, cell phone and other valuable stuff.

Syzygies
10-13-19, 11:05
I guess you have a Thai bank account? Most of us don't, so we either bring a lot of cash or withdraw big amounts from the ATMs.
And apart from that we use the safe for laptop, credit card, passport, cell phone and other valuable stuff.I never carry really huge cash, but withdrawing 20 K would not be too unusual.

Once lost a wallet in Thailand (my own fault when getting out of a taxi managed to drop it) but got the credit cards back, lost whatever cash was in the wallet. That was quite lucky.

I still maintain Hotel rooms are very safe in general except for cash, and vastly more safe than carrying things around with you on the street. I therefore do not like to carry passport around too much. I have not been bag snatched by motorcycle thieves but could happen one day.

Big risk in Thailand is to forget your card at an ATM, because can be a long delay before the card gets returned to you, long after the cash, where every other country gives you the cash last (harder to forget anything).

Nyezhov
10-13-19, 14:16
Big risk in Thailand is to forget your card at an ATM, because can be a long delay before the card gets returned to you, long after the cash, where every other country gives you the cash last (harder to forget anything).Why do you make stuff up? Many ATMs all over the world give you your card last, especially in the USA. The ATMs in Thailand will remind you to take your card besides.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of the "horror stories" about girls stealing, etc. And how do you get a laptop in a safe anyway? If your condo doesn't have a safe, so what?

The best bet for occasional visitors is the Transferwise debit card, which saves you some money on ATM transfers. Leave the Rollie home, the girls don't care if its real. I'm surely not going to wear a Rolex President in Pattaya regardless.

Planting of drugs. Right.

Steve99
10-13-19, 22:18
Why do you make stuff up? Many ATMs all over the world give you your card last, especially in the USA. The ATMs in Thailand will remind you to take your card besides.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of the "horror stories" about girls stealing, etc. And how do you get a laptop in a safe anyway? If your condo doesn't have a safe, so what?

The best bet for occasional visitors is the Transferwise debit card, which saves you some money on ATM transfers. Leave the Rollie home, the girls don't care if its real. I'm surely not going to wear a Rolex President in Pattaya regardless.

Planting of drugs. Right.I lost a card of mine in BKK airport just after arriving. UK and Australia, my two countries give you your card back first. After 24 hours of no sleep and the misery of a long wait at immigration the mind is on auto pilot. I got my money and walked just like every other time for 25+ years of using an ATM, only difference was, for the first time the money came first and the card I forgot (this was my first exposure to money first, card second machines). Just as well I had another. As for the other stuff, I now take a tablet or phone instead of laptop and mostly take a lot of cash for the far superior exchange rate in Thailand. Mind you, I'm only usually there for only 5 or so days at a time, the wife would disapove if she caught on. Hide most in the safe and some under the lining in a suit case full of clothes in the wardrobe and locked.

Rob Jones
10-13-19, 22:22
Why do you make stuff up? Many ATMs all over the world give you your card last, especially in the USA. The ATMs in Thailand will remind you to take your card besides.

Planting of drugs. Right.Here in Australia you get your card before your cash with a very loud beeping noise until you remove it.

Steve99
10-13-19, 22:28
I try to avoid pay at hotel when booking online.I agree, Booking dot com is bad for this. You never know what you will end up paying, firstly your countries exchange rate may get worse (esp UK at the moment) then the hotel takes the money through their bank to your bank, both taking commissions and your bank applying a b. S exchange rate. One hotel I booked ended up being 20% or so more expensive in ££ when I delved into my bank statement. I sometimes take a lot of cash, exchange it in Pattaya for a superior exchange rate and use it to pay hotel if not for too long.

Nyezhov
10-14-19, 02:16
Here in Australia you get your card before your cash with a very loud beeping noise until you remove it.Well you guys are down under Curveballs go the other way and so does the swirl down the porcelin throne.

But If folks are going to pontificate endlessly, they should be right at least.

Its like the "bar girls are going to knock you out and steal your moneys and Rolex and kidney and passport". With the million of folks who come here, what are the chances of that? How often does that happen? Ill tell ya what does happen, some nerd without any street smarts gets totally blottoed and then into trouble.

Here is a pontification for you, tell me if its right: Most folks who are crime victims in Thailand are drinking, drunk, totally smashed, or don't know how to avoid ladyboys. If you don't know how to act in a sewer of degenerates (including huge numbers of your countrymen) then no safe is going to protect you.

Now excuse me, I have to go, I went out last night and got blackout drunk, and now I have stitches down my flank and they hurt. Got to call that girl I met last night, that said she was a surgical nurse at Bumingout Hospital.

XXL
10-14-19, 04:12
Why do you make stuff up? Many ATMs all over the world give you your card last, especially in the USA......Nope, in many places in Europe, notably Germany, you don't get any cash until you've retrieved your card. A damned good thing that is too if I may say so.

EihTooms
10-14-19, 09:52
The only place I have walked away from an ATM and forgotten to take my card was in Thailand. I am sure it was because I had gotten what I really needed, the cash, and was used to getting my card back first in the USA. That was almost 7 years ago. Maybe it is different for some USA ATMs now.

The light blinking and bell sound or whatever it was to let me know the card had been returned went unnoticed because I happened to be using the ATM at the entrance to Nana Plaza and there were already so many lights and so much noise in the area it just didn't stand out. Plus there is the problem that the ATMs in Thailand only push out the very edge of the card. If my thumb and forefinger were any thicker, I'd have to carry a pair of tweezers in my pocket just to pull the card out.

Syzygies
10-14-19, 10:46
The only place I have walked away from an ATM and forgotten to take my card was in Thailand. I am sure it was because I had gotten what I really needed, the cash, and was used to getting my card back first in the USA. That was almost 7 years ago. Maybe it is different for some USA ATMs now.
I have not been in USA for a few years. I walked away and forgot card only in Thailand, and probably at least 3 times over the years. Does not happen in Europe. Yes the loud beeping tells you to take the card before it will give the cash. Thailand machine can divert to questions about printing a receipt and even advertising something before returning the card. This is a total bullshit thing to be doing!

Also I never make up things. All my stories really happened. There are plenty of opinions to post without stooping to fake news or making up bullshit things that just did not happen. It should be noted that some guys like me lack the imagination to invent a good story. However if guys want to be sceptical about stories on here from smart asses, that is also wise. I don't think anyone will find me deliberately posting false info. Its pointless to play such games. Anyone can suffer a slightly distorted perspective of course.

I believe only half of what I see, and very little of what I read do I believe 100%. Just healthy scepticism, but we also allow for things to be possibly right or close to the mark.

RandoGuy
10-14-19, 18:20
No, things in the US are about the same as the rest of the world. I travel quite a bit across different states for work (and use a lot of ATMs), and right now about 80% + of the ATMs in the US make you take your card first before you get your cash. A decade ago that was not the case, and some of the older ATMs are still around for sure, but the banks have been pushing out the newer ATMs. Making you take the card first removes a headache for the banks when you forget your card; it's in their best interest to swap out those ATMs. I think Nyez is just being obstinate.

I have not been in USA for a few years. I walked away and forgot card only in Thailand, and probably at least 3 times over the years. Does not happen in Europe. Yes the loud beeping tells you to take the card before it will give the cash. Thailand machine can divert to questions about printing a receipt and even advertising something before returning the card. This is a total bullshit thing to be doing!

Also I never make up things. All my stories really happened. There are plenty of opinions to post without stooping to fake news or making up bullshit things that just did not happen. It should be noted that some guys like me lack the imagination to invent a good story. However if guys want to be sceptical about stories on here from smart asses, that is also wise. I don't think anyone will find me deliberately posting false info. Its pointless to play such games. Anyone can suffer a slightly distorted perspective of course.

I believe only half of what I see, and very little of what I read do I believe 100%. Just healthy scepticism, but we also allow for things to be possibly right or close to the mark.

Rob Jones
10-14-19, 22:10
Well you guys are down under Curveballs go the other way and so does the swirl down the porcelin throne.

But If folks are going to pontificate endlessly, they should be right at least.

Its like the "bar girls are going to knock you out and steal your moneys and Rolex and kidney and passport". With the million of folks who come here, what are the chances of that? How often does that happen? Ill tell ya what does happen, some nerd without any street smarts gets totally blottoed and then into trouble.

Here is a pontification for you, tell me if its right: Most folks who are crime victims in Thailand are drinking, drunk, totally smashed, or don't know how to avoid ladyboys. If you don't know how to act in a sewer of degenerates (including huge numbers of your countrymen) then no safe is going to protect you.

Now excuse me, I have to go, I went out last night and got blackout drunk, and now I have stitches down my flank and they hurt. Got to call that girl I met last night, that said she was a surgical nurse at Bumingout Hospital.Good luck at the ER.

Paolo99
10-15-19, 05:11
I agree, Booking dot com is bad for this. You never know what you will end up paying, firstly your countries exchange rate may get worse (esp UK at the moment) then the hotel takes the money through their bank to your bank, both taking commissions and your bank applying a b. S exchange rate. One hotel I booked ended up being 20% or so more expensive in when I delved into my bank statement.I always pay directly the hotel in cash when I use booking dot com and have always been asked to pay the exact same price than on my reservation.

I book only on day by day when in countrys such Thailand so there is no fluctuation in prices.

I almost never pay directly on the site (and never use my country's card for payment in Thailand) as I'm charged a lot of commissions by my bank.

In Thailand cash is the King.

XXL
10-18-19, 09:56
This thread could be used to warn about building sites. There's a big noisy one on Beach Road next to soi 2 (see map). Be careful when booking near here.

My two cents about Booking.com. Their prices for Thailand are typically 10 to 20% above Agoda's, at least for non refundable bookings. This is crazy considering that Booking and Agoda belong to the same company. Of course with Agoda you rarely get the option of paying at the property. In assessing Agoda prices account should be taken of Agoda bonuses ("Agoda Cash"). I wanted to get rid of cash this month in Thailand. The best hotels could quote me sometimes for cash payment was the Booking.com rate, but it was always above what I get on Agoda. Of course the question is whether I don't later get cheated on things like exchange rates. My credit card is one with no surcharge for oversea usage.

Regarding booking day by day, not sure this can be done in December/January. Certainly not on popular islands.

Christian G
10-18-19, 20:35
This thread could be used to warn about building sites. There's a big noisy one on Beach Road next to soi 2 (see map). Be careful when booking near here.I agree, building constructions can be a big problem if there are near your hotel / Condo.

MikeLodge
10-20-19, 02:08
At View Talay 6 I had dealings with Condo6 agency. You may ask to speak to "Oil". Nice chap and above board.

The side facing North gets noise from the Central Festival mall air-con machinery as from 11am. The side facing south (towards walking street) gets mosquitos after dusk from the neighbouring park up to least the 8th floor. Floor 14th was reported to me as definitely free of mosquitos, but it more expensive.

Diana Estate (behind Night Bazaar) also fits your specifications. I gave up on them as they could not guarantee I would get a condo with an in-room safe if I booked in advance. A combination lock safe is a must as far I'm concerned.Thanks for the info but both places are unavailable for December. Could someone recommend some others or point me to a good site to find some? I don't want to be too far away from the action and I would hope to have a burner or two to cook. Other than that I am flexible and will spend up to 30 k baht if I have to but 20 k would be better Thanks.

Franga
10-20-19, 05:13
Thanks for the info but both places are unavailable for December. Could someone recommend some others or point me to a good site to find some? I don't want to be too far away from the action and I would hope to have a burner or two to cook. Other than that I am flexible and will spend up to 30 k baht if I have to but 20 k would be better Thanks.Have you tried "The Base" on 2nd Rd? Or "Centric by Sea" (near Soi 6). Or alternatively rent a hotel room and then buy yourself an electric induction cooker at BigC for around 2000 baht or less.

Mogwai
10-20-19, 13:04
Or alternatively rent a hotel room and then buy yourself an electric induction cooker at BigC for around 2000 baht or less.I've never tried it but I think most hotels won't allow this. Especially when they have a restaurant.

MikeLodge
10-21-19, 13:39
Have you tried "The Base" on 2nd Rd? Or "Centric by Sea" (near Soi 6). Or alternatively rent a hotel room and then buy yourself an electric induction cooker at BigC for around 2000 baht or less.Do you or anyone have any direct booking sites for them? When I google most of the places there I get nothing but either agoda /booking.com type sites or real estate sites that even though they show rentals don't have 1 month rentals?

Franga
10-22-19, 06:28
Do you or anyone have any direct booking sites for them? When I google most of the places there I get nothing but either agoda /booking.com type sites or real estate sites that even though they show rentals don't have 1 month rentals?I think that all of the apartments in these complexes are individually owned. It could be quite difficult to find a centrally located condo in your price range for what is peak season (and pricing).

You may have to look further out like in Naklua or Jomtien. Like View Talay 2 in Jomtien, or Golden Pattaya Condominium in Naklua. These places have pools and burners. The downside to this is the travel in and out on songthaews all the time.

XXL
10-22-19, 11:15
Do you or anyone have any direct booking sites for them? When I google most of the places there I get nothing but either agoda /booking.com type sites or real estate sites that even though they show rentals don't have 1 month rentals?Not surprising. I remember seeing a poster near the front desk at The Base warning short term rentals were prohibited. They still go on but probably under cover of AirBnB.

As said in this thread, a one-month rental in central Pattaya with a real swimming pool at peak season for 30 k max will be hard to find.

Jean You
10-22-19, 23:49
Anyone tried this one, something to share? Location looks good, any good bars around etc. ??

HumanBeing1
10-24-19, 02:49
Long time mongerer but never in Thailand.

I usually use airbnb in Europe and Latin America but I've heard that's not ideal in Thailand?

What are some good recommendations. I checked hotels.com and it looks like there is a ton of options and I can't really tell what's good and what isn't.

Do we need to buy ahead of time or is the price about the same day of?

Tool Shedd
10-24-19, 05:13
I have read a ways back and found a few mentions of the Queen Victoria Inn on Soi 6. Someone said it might be closed.

Does anyone have experience with this place or know if they are open? Staying right on Soi 6 looks fun to me.

Thanks in advance.

Tool Shedd.

GettingFedUp
10-24-19, 07:43
I have read a ways back and found a few mentions of the Queen Victoria Inn on Soi 6. Someone said it might be closed.

Does anyone have experience with this place or know if they are open? Staying right on Soi 6 looks fun to me.

Thanks in advance.

Tool Shedd.The Vic was certainly open for pub business last week when I had a late breakfast there and appeared to be open (lights were on but I didn't see any customers inside) when I walked past late afternoon yesterday. Cannot comment on their accommodation.

Perhaps drop them an email (address in the contacts section of their website).

My personal opinion is that Soi 6 is a place to visit for an hour or four, but given the general formula of "boy meets girl, joins her in bar for drink (s), agrees deal, settles bar tab, go upstairs, shower, engage in discussion about the nature of dark energy and dark matter (or whatever your preferred and agreed upstairs activity is. All the Soi 6 ladies love a chat about astrophysics), shower again, pay girl, go downstairs, move on", actually staying there holds little attraction to me. Food options are limited in the immediate vicinity and the noise carries on well after my Ovaltine o'clock. Your tastes may of course vary.

GettingFedUp
10-24-19, 08:13
Long time mongerer but never in Thailand.

I usually use airbnb in Europe and Latin America but I've heard that's not ideal in Thailand?

What are some good recommendations. I checked hotels.com and it looks like there is a ton of options and I can't really tell what's good and what isn't.

Do we need to buy ahead of time or is the price about the same day of?There's a lot of scaremongering on assorted forums about AirBnB in Thailand. My understanding of the situation is that according to Thai law an AirBnB of under 30 days is a hotel and needs the relevant permits and ability to register guests with immigration (form TM30). Most AirBnB hosts are using the platform for precisely the reason that it avoids these requirements, and so are unlawful. That said, this is Thailand so (I) enforcement is patchy to nonexistent (ii) a lot of the Pattaya AirBnB entries are hotels or guesthouses using AirBnB as cheap advertising (although not those advertising condos generally).

The only confirmed negative Airbnb stories I have come across were several Bangkok condos where the condo management prevented the Airbnb customer from accessing the property because the tenant (host) was in breach of their lease by subletting and other tenants had complained.

I'll write separately about hotels to avoid the dreaded timeout on the posting.

GettingFedUp
10-24-19, 09:33

Do we need to buy ahead of time or is the price about the same day of?Almost impossible to provide detailed recommendations without knowing more details about your trip, so here's some general advice, which you may find helpful:

1) Decide your accommodation budget per night. Be aware that websites always quote the price of the cheapest room. Choosing a more expensive room at a cheaper hotel in my experience is generally better value than paying the same $ for the cheapest room at a more expensive hotel.

2) Decide your preferred area. Properties described as "Pattaya" may be as far south as Na Jomtien or as far north as halfway to Laem Chabang. That's getting on for 40 km. If you are anywhere from South Pattaya Road (the Walking Street end of town) to Dolphins Roundabout (or even a bit beyond into Naklua Rd) to the north end of Pattaya Beach, and from Soi Bua Khao in the east to beach road, getting around is inexpensive by songthaew (aka Baht Bus) or motorcycle taxi. Roadworks on Beach Road at present slow things down from about Soi 10 to Walking Street, but it is still cheap and easy if slow.

3) Refine your area. What do you want to be within 10 minutes walk of? Walking Street (lots of info on here), Soi 6 Beach Road (likewise), Sois 7 & 8 (many beer bars and near Central Festival mall if you need "providers of goods" as well as "good providers" LK Metro / Soi Bua Khao (less looky-loo tourist groups following their guides flag and recording everything on their phones than Walking Street)? Generally South Pattaya Road to Central Pattaya Road tends to be livelier, Central Pattaya Road to Dolphins Roundabout quieter (with the notable exception of Soi 6), although there are numerous beer bar complexes between Soi 6 and Dolphins on Second Road. There's quite a few mid-range hotels between Second and Third Roads not far from Soi 6, but be aware that they're a long way from everything except Soi 6.

4) Double check your area. I have a pal who thought he'd landed a great deal for pre-pay 2 weeks at a Pattaya hotel, only to find that it was in the middle of Boyz Town (Google maps will show you where). Paid for 2 weeks, stayed for 2 minutes.

5) Whether to book in advance. Depends on lots of things. What time are you likely to arrive? Do you REALLY want to tramp from place to place with your luggage in 30 Celsius? How long are you staying? If you are in town for a week or more, you can always book a night or two in advance as a base and then have some time to assess other options.

6) Having decided your budget and area, use the tools available. This forum, hotel review websites to narrow down your selection. There's quite a few websites listen hotels which don't charge for a lady to join you in your room (most of these appear to be click-bait for Agoda). If your chosen hotel isn't listed you can always email them and ask. You won't be the first. Perhaps when you have a shortlist of 2 or 3 and checked the forum for previous feedback you could then ask specific questions?

On-line vs Walk-in rates. It really is pot luck. I have stayed with one local chain (Bella Villa) where extending stay over the counter was 50% more expensive than doing through the internet site I originally booked through. Then again other local chains and independent hotels ignore the (legally questionable) non-compete clauses that the online booking sites try to impose.

7) Write a field report so others can benefit from your experiences. After all (some people's) Good Book) tells us that it is better to give than to receive!

MikeLodge
10-27-19, 07:42
I think that all of the apartments in these complexes are individually owned. It could be quite difficult to find a centrally located condo in your price range for what is peak season (and pricing).

You may have to look further out like in Naklua or Jomtien. Like View Talay 2 in Jomtien, or Golden Pattaya Condominium in Naklua. These places have pools and burners. The downside to this is the travel in and out on songthaews all the time.I am not really wanting farther out at all and dealing with travel. I have no issue hopping in transport on Beach or 2nd road but that is about it for my comfort zone at this time. I have found some online but nothing real nice and they are 35 k give or take a few 1000. In Angeles that buys a very nice condo rental so it is like 30% or more higher in price but you can't compare apples and oranges.

Not surprising. I remember seeing a poster near the front desk at The Base warning short term rentals were prohibited. They still go on but probably under cover of AirBnB.

As said in this thread, a one-month rental in central Pattaya with a real swimming pool at peak season for 30 k max will be hard to find.It seems that way and I may have to go up to 40 k since Airbnb adds fees. Still open to any suggestions and I will post when I decide to share some info Thanks.

FootypjMan
10-28-19, 03:39

Thanks in advance.

Tool Shedd.Not sure, but I think the one closing is the one that was NOT on Soi 6.

NahkMD
11-06-19, 19:00
I stayed in Acqua hotel for 2 night. The price I paid was $69 USD / and for the Exclusive Deluxe room. The hotels location is good. On a side street from 2nd Road. It is actually across from Honey 1 Massage. It's quite in this area as no bars but 1 I think. Google maps does not have this hotel updated with the proper picture I believe. You can take bhat bus and then walk a bit to beach road amd then take another bhat bus on beach road all the walk to walking street. So its not a 10 min walk, more like 15-20 min if you want to walk, but honestly these bhat buses are so cheap just us it, will take you to your destination in less than 10 min if no traffic. Anyways hotel It's a nice modern looking hotel. The Exclusive Deluxe room was quite big and I did not feel clumped in at all. Nice big TV, that actually worked. AC was great. Wifi fast and it worked well all the time. Bed was soft. There was no smell of smoke or the sheets smelling funny. The pool at night time is awesome place to just chill out. Gym was decent with good heavy weights. Guest friendly of course. They take ID and call after you send the girl back down. Breakfast was good too. Clientele is mainly Asians, Chinese and Korean / Japs. I would stay at this hotel again.

VT6. Had a room at the 23rd*floor overlooking the beach. Nice view of the beach and all. I was not a fan of this "hotel". Once you enter the room, looks very dull. The WiFi sucked, slow, sometimes it worked, most of the time it didn't. Bed was big and firm. Safe worked, had to press the reset button on the back to work. IMO my issue this with place is the look and feel of it. Just feels plain and nothing really stood out especially after staying at Acqua. There wasn't enough outlets to charge all my things. Hot water was working. The staff was very nice and helpful. Don't think you can get room service for free unless you stay certain number of days. Anyways for the price I paid 60 usd / and. I expected a little more. Clientele is mixed.

Holiday Inn Express. Had a room on the 5th floor. I paid 45 usd / and for 2 nights. Excellent hotel. Everything is modern in this hotel. From the elevator, TV, shower. Breakfast was good, good amount of variety. The pool, while not the biggest was still nice amd you could just chill out on the rooftop. Gym was getting worked on so couldn't use. The cons of this hotel is the location. Its kinda far from the action. You can catch a bhat bus from Soi Bukaho to 2nd road but still then had to catch another one or walk to beach road. There was bars on That soi which you can go to but not too many. Also some massage spots. Also this is more of a family oriented hotel, lots of family members here so brining in a girl felt weird. Clientele is Indian and European. Other than location, this felt like a 5 star spot. Everything morden and service from the staff was great. They have a laundry machine if you wish to do your own laundry amd not pay the crazy laundry prices in Thailand.

Downandup
11-07-19, 07:35
Not sure, but I think the one closing is the one that was NOT on Soi 6.Correct! The Queen Victoria on Soi 6 is still open, I ate there yesterday. The Queen Victoria on Soi Chaiyapoon is closed.

Mogwai
11-09-19, 09:02
They have a laundry machine if you wish to do your own laundry amd not pay the crazy laundry prices in Thailand.Crazy laundry prices? Are you referring to what hotels are charging? That can indeed be crazy, but the numerous laundry shops all around town are not expensive. Unless you think a couple of hundred bahts for washing and ironing is expensive.

Allover
11-09-19, 19:17
Crazy laundry prices? Are you referring to what hotels are charging? That can indeed be crazy, but the numerous laundry shops all around town are not expensive. Unless you think a couple of hundred bahts for washing and ironing is expensive.Unless you are staying at a 5 star hotel, hotel laundry prices are also inexpensive. The Whitehouse Condotel laundry service costs the same as nearby outside services.

OldHarry
11-10-19, 06:50
Vt6.

Booked through dance watchers site with no problems, they use PayPal for deposit and cleaning fees upfront and then cash for the balance on arrival.

I booked the room with the balcony Jacuzzi (18-659) and it's as good as the YouTube video's show, loads of power points if you need them, great kitchen, shower is easily big enough for two (tried that several times so far) and loads of towels which are changed daily along with the bedding I took the daily houseclean package and it's been very good. Some may find the bed on the firm side, but that's to my taste. View is great with little or no noise from the surrounding area with the windows closed but the drainage work can be quite noticeable at times during the day. Pool is good, shops downstairs are reasonable and there are a couple of cafes and also some massage shops but not sure what's on offer (yet). Laundry is cheap and good; I also have a washing machine in the apartment but haven't used it. No problems with the lifts and security is based by them and takes ID from your "guests" but there is no means of contacting you when they leave so not sure how effective that is.

Looking in some of the other rooms as I walk past the standard seems to vary greatly, some look OK, some don't indeed I wouldn't stay in them at any price. Speaking to one of the other occupants in the lift he booked through honey and got what he paid for and is happy with it but booking through Expedia etc. Is a lot more uncertain apparently but others may know better.

Would I stay here again? Yes definitely and will do next year.

Mogwai
11-10-19, 08:31
Unless you are staying at a 5 star hotel, hotel laundry prices are also inexpensive. The Whitehouse Condotel laundry service costs the same as nearby outside services.This might be true for the Whitehouse Condotel (I never stayed there) but usually the laundry service from hotels is much more expensive than outside services.

XXL
11-10-19, 09:12
This might be true for the Whitehouse Condotel (I never stayed there) but usually the laundry service from hotels is much more expensive than outside services.Indeed one of the 1st things you do as a newbie in Thailand is to stop using hotel in-house laundry. Some mid-range hotels do not even advertise their own laundry prices any more. They take it for granted that guests will use outside services. In Pattaya 80 THB per kg, on Ko Chang as low as 50 THB per kg. One of the good things about Thailand. No washing & ironing hassle.

Zman429
11-10-19, 10:59
Hi,

Thanks.The Base is your best option (really the only option too). You could do hotels on Soi 13 and be in good spot or View Talay 6 but it costs a bit more than you stated. ViewTalay has housekeeping. The Base is extra.

Nixonbd
11-17-19, 17:06
Was considering doing a 30-day stay in Patts next year. I was wondering if an Airbnb is the way to go. Anyone have any bad experiences, or a good reference? I'd like a one bedroom with gym, pool possibly a washer in the apartment. I also want the freedom to bring in "quests" LOL.

Downandup
11-18-19, 21:50
Was considering doing a 30-day stay in Patts next year. I was wondering if an Airbnb is the way to go. Anyone have any bad experiences, or a good reference? I'd like a one bedroom with gym, pool possibly a washer in the apartment. I also want the freedom to bring in "quests" LOL.Be warned that the government is cracking down on Airbnb rentals. You had better check what's permitted before you book.

XXL
11-19-19, 00:33
The Base is your best option (really the only option too). You could do hotels on Soi 13 and be in good spot or View Talay 6 but it costs a bit more than you stated. ViewTalay has housekeeping. The Base is extra.I rented long term at VT 6. Housekeeping had to be ordered and paid extra, 350 baht for cleaning 51 spq meters. You get charwomen for less Paris, and she will not pull a long face because you don't tip.

Air pollution covers your balcony in soot in a matter of days.

I made a mental note next time to bring towels from Europe. All sets of towels I bought in Thailand kept shedding.

I prefer to live in hotels these days. A 3-star hotel is better than a same price 4-star rental. No hassle with cleaning and other things.

The Base has a huge building site next to it. This is a one-week old snapshot of The Base from 2nd road.

Breadman
11-21-19, 08:04
Great location next to 6, walk out the door and jump on a baht bus, McDonald's and Starbucks right in front. Top floor view facing the water is worth every penny. Bed is comfortable as long as you don't have a girl sleeping with you, one of those two twin setups that will split in the middle. Shower is weak and the wifi wouldn't work with my laptop. It's cheap in the $30 range, I got it for $27 then got upgraded to a bay view. Wingman says the pool is just ok, not very deep. Hard to say if I'd stay there again.

Zman429
11-23-19, 20:12
I rented long term at VT 6. Housekeeping had to be ordered and paid extra, 350 baht for cleaning 51 spq meters. You get charwomen for less Paris, and she will not pull a long face because you don't tip.

Air pollution covers your balcony in soot in a matter of days.

I made a mental note next time to bring towels from Europe. All sets of towels I bought in Thailand kept shedding.

I prefer to live in hotels these days. A 3-star hotel is better than a same price 4-star rental. No hassle with cleaning and other things.

The Base has a huge building site next to it. This is a one-week old snapshot of The Base from 2nd road.I'm with on the hotels the daily cleaning makes a difference. Can I ask how much you paid for VT6 and length of stay. I usually do 2-3 weeks so not really long term. Has it's quirks but rooms are nice and big and good location just pricey.

XXL
11-24-19, 15:58
I'm with on the hotels the daily cleaning makes a difference. Can I ask how much you paid for VT6 and length of stay. I usually do 2-3 weeks so not really long term. Has it's quirks but rooms are nice and big and good location just pricey. 5- month rental, fom November to March. 25 k per month for 51 sqm on 7th floor (walking street side).

One bonus at VT 6 was seeing so many girls coming and going. The walk from the elevators to the main entrance is a long one so you had plenty of time to assess the girls before they vanished into the street.

Tool Shedd
11-28-19, 13:43
Booked the Honey Lodge in Pattaya, near walking street through Orbitz. The price was good and the location is excellent. However, when I showed up today, the hotel people told me I had to pay because they aren't affiliated with Orbitz, just Booking.com. I told them to stuff it and left. I will have to have a conversation with Orbitz to get the money back they collected. What I am really concerned about are the next 3 hotels I booked on this trip through Orbitz. If this repeats itself I will run out of credit limit before my trip is over.

Anyone else had these major booking agencies let them down?

I moved to the Queen Elizabeth Inn on Soi 6. I kind of like it, cheap and classy and right in the action. However, I just squished a bug that looks suspiciously like a bed bug. Tonight might be itchy and scratchy.

Tool Shedd.

Franga
11-28-19, 15:09
I moved to the Queen Elizabeth Inn on Soi 6.I think you mean Queen Elizabeth's great great grandmother, Victoria?

HungryBird15
11-30-19, 08:37
Hello friends,

I shall visit Pattaya for the first time soon and may stay 1-2 nights there. During day time, I would like to see around the city and from evening onward, I plan to have some adult fun! I don't have much idea as of now regarding the hotel rates. I hope to get a comfortable hotel at 30-50 USD. Please suggest if this is reasonable. Can you please suggest some girl friendly hotels, where I can come with different girls for short time / over night fun? I shall not bring multiple girls at the same time, but may want to have different girls at different time. Please help.

Bunky
11-30-19, 17:21
I hope to get a comfortable hotel at $30-50 USD. Please suggest if this is reasonable.Congratulations for finding the correct forum. But your request for information on "girl friendly hotels" marks you as one of those guys who is too lazy to do his own research. (If you had made even a cursory survey of the posts here, you'd know that all hotels in Pattaya are "girl friendly.")

You should go back, say, 50 pages and read forward. You'll find dozens upon dozens of reports describing Pattaya hotels, along with prices. You can also search on Agoda.com and several other hotel booking websites.

For first timers, I usually recommend the Whitehouse Condotel, mostly because the location is so convenient. You can probably book one of their basic rooms for about 1,600 baht per night. There are other hotels on Soi 13 that are within your budget as well. Speaking of budget, people from all over the world read this forum. So the convention is to quote all prices in Thai baht.

Tool Shedd
12-01-19, 01:25
Had a nice two-night stay here. Comfortable, classy and right in the middle of the Soi 6 action. Very economical, about 900 baht per night I think. And regarding my earlier post when I thought I saw a bed bug there, no, it was just a generic insect. I highly recommend the Queen for its location, price and ambiance.

Tool Shedd.

Tool Shedd
12-01-19, 01:28
Spent my first night here on Day three of my Pattaya adventure. The hotel is very nice, modern and spacious. I like it a lot. Location wise it is just across an alley from Soi 6, thus is a bit quieter than the Queen. I recommend staying here for your Son 6 adventures, if you want something a little more upscale from the Queen Victoria. I had a girl come over and they had her leave her ID at the desk. When she left at 4 AM, they called my room to see if everything was OK.

Nice place, comfortable, clean and strategically located to the Beach Road end of Soi 6.

Tool Shedd.

Tool Shedd
12-01-19, 01:33
I think you mean Queen Elizabeth's great great grandmother, Victoria?My bad, I was pretty beat when I posted. You are correct. And for the record, it wasn't a bed bug, just a generic insect. I enjoyed my stay there, see my later posting.

Tool Shedd.

JohnnieBravo
12-01-19, 06:30
Was thinking very strongly of booking the Holiday Inn Express based on the various reviews I have heard. Seems like a more clean and decent option for the price. I just wanted to double check with my fellow punters out there that it was indeed girl / guest friendly. Thanks again everyone.

JB.

Banana Boi
12-01-19, 15:22
You can catch a bhat bus from Soi Bukaho to 2nd road but still then had to catch another one or walk to beach road.The Soi Buakhao baht bus is supposed to take you back to Second Road and some even turn right to go back down Second Road. Second Road to Beach road on South Pattaya Road is about a 1 minute walk. Makes getting to Walking Street very fast.

The exception to this rule and the reason I am making this post is that on Tuesdays and Fridays before 7 pm or so the baht buses are unable to turn right on South Pattaya Road because of the day market. Then yes you would have to catch another baht bus from Tukcom to Beach Road if you didn't want to walk. On many days it's faster to walk anyways.

Tool Shedd
12-02-19, 04:23
I highly recommend this place. Clean, cool, spacious and great service. The room is huge, the bathroom as well. Breakfast buffet was very good, many selections. I had a lady in the room and there was no problem, as is probably the case with almost any hotel in Pats. Internet worked well and they had a fully stocked mini-bar that included condoms!

The location is tucked behind Soi 6 and recessed from Beach Road, isolated enough from the craziness but close enough to easily access Circus Soi 6.

Tool Shedd.

JohnnieBravo
12-07-19, 20:41
Was thinking very strongly of booking the Holiday Inn Express based on the various reviews I have heard. Seems like a more clean and decent option for the price. I just wanted to double check with my fellow punters out there that it was indeed girl / guest friendly. Thanks again everyone.

JB.I just saw a video on youtube. Apparently this place caught on fire. .

Christian G
12-08-19, 02:26
I just saw a video on youtube. Apparently this place caught on fire. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJSvpVQ8UA

XXL
12-25-19, 02:43
Alas in Pattaya or Bangkok you're never far away from the nearest building site.

Fresh big building site spanning soi 2 and soi 3, on the quadrangle contained between the following 4 hotels: Sabai Lodge, Sabai 2 Inn, Mytt Beach Hotel, A-One Hotel. If you stay at A-One a room on the Beach Road side could now be ok. The building site I'm referring to started about 2 weeks ago.

ItIsMe83
12-25-19, 18:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJSvpVQ8UAGreat. Just booked this one for NYE as others were so highly priced. Now I know why this one was ridicilously cheap haha. Altho according to reports it didn't cause too many damage (https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6531159/thai-hotel-catches-fire-400-evacuated/). Let's hope the fireworks doesn't catch anything:

Banana Boi
12-25-19, 20:37
Great. Just booked this one for NYE as others were so highly priced. Now I know why this one was ridicilously cheap haha. Altho according to reports it didn't cause too many damage Look on the bright side, the hotel will be serving naturally smoked turkey and ham for dinner. You also have confirmation that the fire detectors work.

BTW, that does not appear to be a fire that did not cause too much damage.

Ass Addict
12-25-19, 23:04
Great. Just booked this one for NYE as others were so highly priced. Now I know why this one was ridicilously cheap haha. Altho according to reports it didn't cause too many damage (https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6531159/thai-hotel-catches-fire-400-evacuated/). Let's hope the fireworks doesn't catch anything:So you just booked a room in a hotel that just caught fire because the room was cheaper?

You don't think there might be some burn smell in the room and some security problems?

Thumper64
12-30-19, 10:00
The Base is your best option (really the only option too). You could do hotels on Soi 13 and be in good spot or View Talay 6 but it costs a bit more than you stated. ViewTalay has housekeeping. The Base is extra.There are a plethora of options around LK Metro area. Centara Condominium, The Pride, The Avenue etc. Housekeeping will be extra.

Sammon
12-31-19, 14:43
Visiting Pattathan after a long number of years. Are 5 star hotels girlfriendly without charge?

Thanks for the info.

Member #4698
12-31-19, 17:01
Visiting Pattathan after a long number of years. Are 5 star hotels girlfriendly without charge?

Thanks for the info.A fair number of Pat 5 stars are girlfriend friendly, but unlike BKK, you have to be a little more careful in your selection. The Hilton is girl friendly and very loose about bringing back as many girls as you want, but it is not one of my favorite 5 stars. The Avani (former Marriott) is NOT GF. The Holiday Inn is GF, but it probably does not qualify as a 5 star, more like a very good 4 star. In any case the Holiday Inn is pretty nice, almost as nice as the Hilton and it rents for 40% less than the overpriced Hilton. The Intercontinental is a true 5 star and girl friendly, unfortunately due to its location, it is not really handy for mongering purposes. I would recommend it as the best hotel in Pattaya and really great if you plan to spend most of your time with one special girl.

Text me and I will give you the name of my favorite 5 star, girl friendly, beach road Pattaya hotel. It is a small boutique hotel, so I don't wish to broadcast its name on the open site.

PayForIt
01-02-20, 00:47

Thanks for the info.I've booked the Royal Cliff Beach for 2 nights next week. Stunning hotel. But 660 bht joiner fee per girl and according to their website need to be out by 7 am. That is fine with me as I have no desire to sleep with the girls and have round 2 in the morning. Just my thing. The way I look at this is this: 660 euros is about €20 or less. Can I afford that? Erm...Yes. Do I like that the girl(s) have to produce ID for entry - yes - means no ripping off as you know who they are. There is the inconvenience of having to go through the charade at reception - but it’s for your security.

Have once only taken a girl back, got asked to share some “vodka” in her bag, big mistake, out cold, girl gone after a great session, woke in the morning - phone gone, wallet gone, no idea of her name and as she was a FL in BKK (years ago) chance of finding her was zero. Since then, I don’t mind the joiner fees so much - they are cheap, and give a lot of security.

I notice that a lot of the 5 stars call for joiner fees.

Sammon
01-02-20, 01:52
Is A-1 Pattaya beach resort girl friendly with no joiner fee?

Allover
01-02-20, 08:34
Have once only taken a girl back, got asked to share some vodka in her bag, big mistake, out cold, girl gone after a great session, woke in the morning - phone gone, wallet gone, no idea of her name and as she was a FL in BKK (years ago) chance of finding her was zero. Since then, I dont mind the joiner fees so much - they are cheap, and give a lot of security.I always put my phone, wallet, and cash in the room safe. Never had a problem. One girl noticed I was going to the safe to get money to pay her after we finished. She told me she was glad I secured my valuables since she didn't want to be wrongfully accused of theft.

Member #4698
01-02-20, 14:47
I've booked <snip> hotel. But 660 bht joiner fee per girl and according to their website need to be out by 7 am. That is fine with me as I have no desire to sleep with the girls and have round 2 in the morning. Just my thing. The way I look at this is this: 660 euros is about 20 or less. Can I afford that? Erm...Yes. Do I like that the girl(s) have to produce ID for entry - yes - means no ripping off as you know who they are. There is the inconvenience of having to go through the charade at reception - but its for your security.

Have once only taken a girl back, got asked to share some vodka in her bag, big mistake, out cold, girl gone after a great session, woke in the morning - phone gone, wallet gone, no idea of her name and as she was a FL in BKK (years ago) chance of finding her was zero. Since then, I dont mind the joiner fees so much - they are cheap, and give a lot of security.

I notice that a lot of the 5 stars call for joiner fees.If You feel more secure at hotels with ID checks, fine with me, seek them out. But I believe you are conflating security with joiner fees. A joiner fee has nothing to do with security. It is a hotel policy designed to discourage punters and mongers from staying at these hotels. Sure I could pay a joiner fee and not sweat it, but I will not stay anywhere where my commerce and business is not welcomed and appreciated. In addition, if your are truly risk adverse and staying at any 4 or 5 star hotel that does not ask for ID check simply walk up to the front desk with your girl and submit her to a voluntary ID check. No problem.

I always put my phone, wallet, and cash in the room safe. Never had a problem. One girl noticed I was going to the safe to get money to pay her after we finished. She told me she was glad I secured my valuables since she didn't want to be wrongfully accused of theft.True, I can honestly say that in the 25+ years that I have been fooling around with Thai Go Go girls, bar girls, and FL's, I have never experienced a theft of any kind. My usual MO is to always remove any temptation by locking up all my valuable possessions before I go out. This to prevent hotels staff from getting any ideas as much as my girls. That leaves only what I carry on my person like cash in hand (10,000 baht max), a wallet with one or two CC's, and a cell phone out and nothing has ever been lifted or gone missing. It is always best to take the precautions, but I would say that generally the risk is very low especially with Go Go girls and bar girls. And on the few occasions when I was absent minded, perhaps little too high on Tequila, ha ha, and accidently left the safe open, or my suitcase unlocked, or a large amount of money out, nothing was ever taken.

So my conclusion is 99% of Thai GO GO and hostess girls are not thieves.

Christian G
01-02-20, 14:56
If You feel more secure at hotels with ID checks, fine with me, seek them out. But I believe you are conflating security with joiner fees.Right, most hotels in Pattaya have a ID checks for the girls, but there is no joiner fee. I would never stay in a hotel that have a joiner fee.

Plan77
01-03-20, 03:09
I have stayed at sunshine hotel a few times. Their rooms are just basic, not much furniture but otherwise hotel is OK for being GF and very well placed next to beach road.

I noted that see me spring hotels seem to be quite nice too and probably don't suffer from street noise like sunshine does.

Can someone, who has stayed there, please let me know if it is worth staying there and if it is a good alternative to sunshine hotel?

Or has anyone got any suggestions for a newer, clean hotel that can be an alternate to sunshine and not too far from beach road? (I prefer to walk my chicas from beach road to hotel and then move on to next girl after couple of hours).

Oterri
01-03-20, 03:53
Gents,

Would you be kind enough to advise me if the sea facing rooms in this place are worth the extra bucks and don't suffer from street noise from beach road?

One more thing I want to know if management will be fine with me bringing in two girls for a threesome? Or will they ask for joiner fee?

Thank you, in advance for any helpful hints.

XXL
01-03-20, 16:21
Gents,

Would you be kind enough to advise me if the sea facing rooms in this place are worth the extra bucks and don't suffer from street noise from beach road?

One more thing I want to know if management will be fine with me bringing in two girls for a threesome? Or will they ask for joiner fee?

Thank you, in advance for any helpful hints.The Beach road side is not too close to Beach Road. It looks out onto the swimming pool. Then there's still some ground between the swimming pool and Beach Road. The best condos are probably those fullfilling the following requirements 1) facing South (towards Walking Street) 2) the furthest away possible from second Road 3) on one of the higher floors, the higher the better, also on account of mosquitos.

Even then unexpected building sites can ruin your best plans.

I never brought 2 girls but I don't remember reading any warning about joiner fees anywhere in VT6. If I was into bringing 2 girls, for lack of further information, I'd pick VT6 over any odd hotel. What I mean is it looked like bringing in 2 girls presented no problem. The doorman in front of the escalators who collects girls' IDs didn't seem to diferentiate between resident condo owners and condo renters. Surely the former could not be prevented from inviting as many people as they wished into their own homes.

Christian G
01-03-20, 17:11
I would never stay at VT6, the location is great but too much noise IMHO and also I read that can be easy to have a bad neighbour who keep high noise in the night. Condos never have a limit to your guests, you rent a private apartment so you can have all the guests you want, just don't disturb other people.

Bugzy 69
01-03-20, 17:34
Stayed here twice before, only big issue is condos facing Central Festival parking lot. Avoid at all costs as you won't get any sleep after 7 am! Loading bays start filling with trucks to unload deliveries and parkers don't stop whistling. Also the above levels are used as parking for private cars.

Ideally book a condo facing walk. Str direction, other than that pool is great but rooms could vary especially interiors as they are owned by different owners.

Gents,

Thank you, in advance for any helpful hints.

Maila
01-03-20, 18:30
Gents,

Thank you, in advance for any helpful hints.I was happy enough with a sea-facing room at VT6. It was partial view though. I didn't notice any noise (this was YEARS ago). You can have bad neighbors, but that happened to me at hotels too.

Banana Boi
01-03-20, 21:31
Make sure your sea view is facing south looking towards the Pattaya sign. Some scammers will advertise a sea view and give you a very limited view of the sea but a fantastic view of the brown bricks of the Hilton hotel! Make sure your room is higher than the 14th floor or so or your view will be blocked. I usually got the 2 bedroom room at VT6 with the 180 degree view. That place was expensive but worth it. I think it was 4500 baht per night in 2015. If there is no construction nearby, I don't find it noisy at all on the high floors. VT6 used to be my go to hotel when I first started visiting Pattaya. I loved the location and that it was accessible to both Beach Road and Second Road. I have brought 4 gogo girls up to VT6 and no questions asked. Always optional to leave a girl's ID with security. VT6 is getting quite old now. Keep in mind some units are well kept with nice beds while others will not be nice at all. This is a condo complex so most units are individually owned and you are renting from a rental agency in the lobby of the building.

Margaya
01-05-20, 14:41
I find myself in an odd situation as my flight lands very early in the morning which means I will reach Pattaya by 7 or 8 AM. Obviously no hotel is going to let me book a room in advance for 5/6 hours. I do plan to check in later on in one of the hotels I like.

Have you guys got any suggestions on how to handle this? May be book a cheap hotel room for couple of hours and get some sleep? Or may be rough it out by leaving late from Bangkok airport, take shared shuttle, drop luggage at hotel where I intend to stay and go for a shower and massage?

Rob Jones
01-05-20, 22:46
I find myself in an odd situation as my flight lands very early in the morning which means I will reach Pattaya by 7 or 8 AM. Obviously no hotel is going to let me book a room in advance for 5/6 hours. I do plan to check in later on in one of the hotels I like.

Have you guys got any suggestions on how to handle this? May be book a cheap hotel room for couple of hours and get some sleep? Or may be rough it out by leaving late from Bangkok airport, take shared shuttle, drop luggage at hotel where I intend to stay and go for a shower and massage?Have you checked if your hotel has early check in? I am pretty sure they would but it would be up to you if you are prepared to pay for it. If you don't want to pay for the early check in see if the hotel can hold your luggage until your room is ready. I find attitude will help you get your room earlier, if you act like an ass you will be checking at 2 pm but if you apply a little charm maybe you will be allowed to check in earlier.

LoveVegas
01-05-20, 23:36

Have you guys got any suggestions on how to handle this? May be book a cheap hotel room for couple of hours and get some sleep? Or may be rough it out by leaving late from Bangkok airport, take shared shuttle, drop luggage at hotel where I intend to stay and go for a shower and massage?Why not just get the hotel your staying at a extra night why go to the trouble cheap room few hours then change. Rooms on 7 and 8 not even that much anyway.

Banana Boi
01-06-20, 01:53
I find myself in an odd situation as my flight lands very early in the morning which means I will reach Pattaya by 7 or 8 AM. Obviously no hotel is going to let me book a room in advance for 5/6 hours. I do plan to check in later on in one of the hotels I like.I assume your flight is a long one. For me I'd get the extra night at your hotel to catch up on sleep vs. staying awake for another 6 hours before you can check in to your hotel. Rest up from 8 am and be ready to start bar hopping by 5 pm sounds better than not getting to bed until 3 pm and being exhausted the first night in Pattaya.

XXL
01-06-20, 06:38

Have you guys got any suggestions on how to handle this? May be book a cheap hotel room for couple of hours and get some sleep? Or may be rough it out by leaving late from Bangkok airport, take shared shuttle, drop luggage at hotel where I intend to stay and go for a shower and massage?Drop luggage at hotel and make sure they give you the room at noon. Then go get a good buffet breakfast somewhere (not necessarily at your hotel). Then go for a long walk along beach road. At noon get 3 hours sleep before hitting soi 6.

Buksida1
01-06-20, 07:57
Is A-1 Pattaya beach resort girl friendly with no joiner fee?I stayed there 2 years ago and it had many families. You better email them and ask about their policy.

Bouvis
01-06-20, 10:34

Have you guys got any suggestions on how to handle this? May be book a cheap hotel room for couple of hours and get some sleep? Or may be rough it out by leaving late from Bangkok airport, take shared shuttle, drop luggage at hotel where I intend to stay and go for a shower and massage?Drop your luggage at the hotel, hit the gym for an hour or so, shower, get a massage, chow down on a buffet lunch then check in.

Kagino0
01-06-20, 10:39
I find myself in an odd situation as my flight lands very early in the morning which means I will reach Pattaya by 7 or 8 AM. Obviously no hotel is going to let me book a room in advance for 5/6 hours. I do plan to check in later on in one of the hotels I like.In the past I did arrive sometimes early in the morning and at least in off season it was possible to get a room without extra charge if it was available. Other times I had to wait until 11 or 12 am and there was no additional charge, but YMMV. If you want to be safe, just email the hotel after the booking or book an extra day.

Sunlover2
01-06-20, 11:29
I find myself in an odd situation as my flight lands very early in the morning which means I will reach Pattaya by 7 or 8 AM. Obviously no hotel is going to let me book a room in advance for 5/6 hours. I do plan to check in later on in one of the hotels I like.Indicate your arrival time when you make your reservation, and request an early check in. They might allow it gratis if there are rooms available, or charge you 50% of the daily tariff.

I usually have no problem getting an early check in. Lots of people are in the same situation so the hotel has dealt with it before. It helps if you have booked a longer stay vs. One night. It also helps if you book a common room type vs. Booking the Presidential Suite (where there is only one such room) which might already be occupied, and you would have to wait anyway for the occupants to depart.

SL.

StLouisMo2010
01-06-20, 16:10
I've booked the Royal Cliff Beach for 2 nights next week. Stunning hotel. But 660 bht joiner fee per girl and according to their website need to be out by 7 am. That is fine with me as I have no desire to sleep with the girls and have round 2 in the morning. Just my thing. The way I look at this is this: 660 euros is about 20 or less. Can I afford that? Erm...Yes. Do I like that the girl(s) have to produce ID for entry - yes - means no ripping off as you know who they are. There is the inconvenience of having to go through the charade at reception - but its for your security.

Have once only taken a girl back, got asked to share some vodka in her bag, big mistake, out cold, girl gone after a great session, woke in the morning - phone gone, wallet gone, no idea of her name and as she was a FL in BKK (years ago) chance of finding her was zero. Since then, I dont mind the joiner fees so much - they are cheap, and give a lot of security.

I notice that a lot of the 5 stars call for joiner fees.I first stayed at this hotel I believe around 1984, it had the same policy and fees were applicable, but were less back then. I really don't blame them, I think it keeps their image in place, all guests should have their own level of comfort.

Morton219
01-29-20, 15:00
I was happy enough with a sea-facing room at VT6. It was partial view though. I didn't notice any noise (this was YEARS ago). You can have bad neighbors, but that happened to me at hotels too.Which floor did you rent your room without hearing the noise?

Banana Boi
01-31-20, 21:32
Which floor did you rent your room without hearing the noise?If you mean bar and traffic noise, I've never thought VT6 was noisy. I would always stay above the 13th floor to get a good sea view. Make sure your sea view is facing SW towards the Pattaya sign. That sea view is a million times nicer than the partial sea view blocked by the Hilton.

Speed2487
02-04-20, 17:54
Hello there!

Your inbox is full. Could you please share the hotel name in PM.

Thanks in advance.

A fair number of Pat 5 stars are girlfriend friendly, but unlike BKK, you have to be a little more careful in your selection. The Hilton is girl friendly and very loose about bringing back as many girls as you want, but it is not one of my favorite 5 stars. The Avani (former Marriott) is NOT GF. The Holiday Inn is GF, but it probably does not qualify as a 5 star, more like a very good 4 star. In any case the Holiday Inn is pretty nice, almost as nice as the Hilton and it rents for 40% less than the overpriced Hilton. The Intercontinental is a true 5 star and girl friendly, unfortunately due to its location, it is not really handy for mongering purposes. I would recommend it as the best hotel in Pattaya and really great if you plan to spend most of your time with one special girl.

Text me and I will give you the name of my favorite 5 star, girl friendly, beach road Pattaya hotel. It is a small boutique hotel, so I don't wish to broadcast its name on the open site.

Sammon
02-04-20, 22:17
Is Dusit Thani In Pattaya girlfriendly with no fees?

I believe there is a separate entrance from the beach also.

Banana Boi
02-04-20, 22:29
Is Dusit Thani In Pattaya girlfriendly with no fees?

I believe there is a separate entrance from the beach also.I've walked in to Dusit Thani many times with a Thai girl and never had any questions or was stopped. Haven't been to Dusit Thani for about 18 months so no idea what their current policy is.

Yes there is an entrance off Beach Road by the Thai Airways office. You cut through the pool. Not sure how late that entrance is open.

Morton219
02-07-20, 14:32
If you mean bar and traffic noise, I've never thought VT6 was noisy. I would always stay above the 13th floor to get a good sea view. Make sure your sea view is facing SW towards the Pattaya sign. That sea view is a million times nicer than the partial sea view blocked by the Hilton.I am on the 10th floor and it isn't noisy at all. The room is great, big, nicely furnished, and the balcony is big too. But as you said, the Hilton hotel to the right blocks half of the sea view, a little disappointed in the morning.

Plan77
02-11-20, 00:44
One thing I don't like about Pattaya is lack of availability of hotel rooms near beach road which have sofas and nice tables so one can try different poses. Beds become so boring after 4-5 bangs LOL.

I prefer hotel around $40-$60 range and have stayed in few hotels like flippers lodge, sunshine, eastiny. They are all very convenient to pick up girls from beach road, shag and go out for next round. I am not a bar or go go fan.

View talay seems like a good alternative I plan to try this time.

Are there any other hotels nearby that offer such simple pleasures of life such as trying couple of positions on sofa?

Or should I just F it and take a chance by staying a bit away from 2nd road where I guess hotels must be more spacious?

RioHeart
02-11-20, 12:41
One thing I don't like about Pattaya is lack of availability of hotel rooms near beach road which have sofas and nice tables so one can try different poses. Beds become so boring after 4-5 bangs LOL.

I prefer hotel around $40-$60 range and have stayed in few hotels like flippers lodge, sunshine, eastiny. They are all very convenient to pick up girls from beach road, shag and go out for next round. I am not a bar or go go fan.

View talay seems like a good alternative I plan to try this time.

Are there any other hotels nearby that offer such simple pleasures of life such as trying couple of positions on sofa?

Or should I just F it and take a chance by staying a bit away from 2nd road where I guess hotels must be more spacious?Ever hear of Airbnb.

Acrab29
02-16-20, 18:07
I will be going to Pattaya in May for the first time for a few days and was wondering if anyone has experience with staying at airbnb apartments. There are a lot of condo style apartments on airbnb in Pattaya and I think its a lot better value compared to hotels and you can get your own kitchen and living space etc. I see on a lot of the airbnb listings that they have 24 h security in these apartments, so I was wondering what the etiquette was with bringing girls back, if you're allowed to or is it against the law?

Does anyone have any experience with airbnb in Pattaya or should I just go for a hotel?

Cheers.

Banana Boi
02-16-20, 20:00
FYI AirBNB is illegal in Thailand so book at your own risk. At least have a back up hotel with free cancellation booked the first night. I've never stayed at a Thailand AirBNB but I know many who have with no issues whatsoever.

Condos don't care about you bringing up girls to your place but some do care a lot that you are booking through an AirBNB, especially if you bother the Juristic Office thinking they are a check in office for AirBNB. I've seen my Juristic Office chew out Japanese and Korean people who ask the Office if they have the AirBNB keys.

Christian G
02-16-20, 22:42
I will be going to Pattaya in May for the first time for a few days and was wondering if anyone has experience with staying at airbnb apartments. There are a lot of condo style apartments on airbnb in Pattaya and I think its a lot better value compared to hotels and you can get your own kitchen and living space etc. I see on a lot of the airbnb listings that they have 24 h security in these apartments, so I was wondering what the etiquette was with bringing girls back, if you're allowed to or is it against the law?

Does anyone have any experience with airbnb in Pattaya or should I just go for a hotel?

Cheers.I used airbnb 5 times in Pattaya and never had a problem (last time 2 months ago), but yes is illegal. So if someone in the condo will ask you or your host about your booking just say that you have a booking for a couple of months. I have never seen police checks in the condo in Pattaya but I read that it happened in some condos in Bangkok.

No problem for the girl, you can have all the girls you want, some condo will ask for ID card, some other condo don't give a fuck. Anyway ask to the host before booking for be sure.

Just not make noise and not disturb your neighbors and not make any problem.

Usually there is no cleaning room included with airbnb, so remember to ask the owner how many sheets and towels are in the apartment. Water, electricity and wifi are included.

Read the reviews carefully.

I've seen my Juristic Office chew out Japanese and Korean people who ask the Office if they have the AirBNB keys.
not very smart move by these tourists

Aster14
02-19-20, 20:42
Stayed in Baraquda on my recent trip to Pattaya, got a delux room. Location is excellent, close to Walking Street and some good restaurants. The hotel itself was OK. Rooms were average, comfortable bed, bad view, breakfast underwhelming, had a nice pool and helpful staff, bonus points for calling me a private driver for the trip back to BKK who did not attempt to rip me off. Stayed at LK Empress the year before and paid about the same price. If I had to choose I'the stay at LK Empress the next time.

Morton219
02-20-20, 13:13

Cheers.I rented a condo in vt6 through Airbnb and stayed there for about a week without any problems.

Dena0
02-24-20, 19:58
Skimmed two recent pattayaonline articles suggesting that two new members were admitted. Locations were obliquely referenced but I am guessing VT?

Plus one for staying in hotels v. Condos?

Omigawd
02-26-20, 17:46
Can someone please enlighten me as to how I can book an apartment at this place which is on a floor higher than 10th floor? And secondly how do I extra towels, I prefer to have at least 4 towels in room so as to maintain fresh supply for each girl I bring in?

Thanks in advance.

Banana Boi
02-26-20, 21:18
Can someone please enlighten me as to how I can book an apartment at this place which is on a floor higher than 10th floor? And secondly how do I extra towels, I prefer to have at least 4 towels in room so as to maintain fresh supply for each girl I bring in?If you want to guarantee a higher floor you need to book a room with a sea view through all the major hotel booking sites. I'd also put a request for your sea view room to face South towards the Pattaya sign. There are many sites you will find with Google that you can see photos of the specific units you will rent out. One example would be http://www.dancewatchers.com/.

Lots of street vendors around that sell towels or you can cross 2nd Road to the Pattaya night market to buy towels. For either of these two options get white towels and do not wash them with the rest of your clothes because I guarantee you the colors will run when you wash them. If you want nicer towels you can go to Central Store in Central Festival beside VT6. Laundromats in the lobby of VT6 if you do not have a washing machine in your unit.

Omigawd
02-26-20, 21:25
If you want to guarantee a higher floor you need to book a room with a sea view through all the major hotel booking sites. I'd also put a request for your sea view room to face South towards the Pattaya sign. There are many sites you will find with Google that you can see photos of the specific units you will rent out. One example would be http://www.dancewatchers.com/.

Lots of street vendors around that sell towels or you can cross 2nd Road to the Pattaya night market to buy towels. For either of these two options get white towels and do not wash them with the rest of your clothes because I guarantee you the colors will run when you wash them. If you want nicer towels you can go to Central Store in Central Festival beside VT6. Laundromats in the lobby of VT6 if you do not have a washing machine in your unit.Thanks Banana Boi for the detailed message and also about the towels. During my last stay at hotel sunshine, they charged me 60 bahths per day per extra towe! Might as well buy my own and dump them when done. Thanks again.

XXL
02-27-20, 00:54
The towels I bought in Thailand were a pain in the ass as they kept shedding, even after cycles of washing. At one points towels became my main obsession. I swore next time I would bring towels from home.

The broomsticks I could lay my hands on also kept losing bristles.The quality of Thailand manufacturing is appalling.

When you rent try to get a pachage with some cleaning included. Big difference in your renting budget. One cleaning for 51 sqm at VT6 350 THB. You need cleaning at least every 3 days in Pattaya. Within 2 days your balcony gets a fresh layer of soot. There are no doormats outside entrances.

Not sure 10th floor is enough to be out of range of mosquitos. They were a plague on 7th floor. I was told 14th floor was ok. "Ground" floor (the floor level with 2nd road) at VT6 is labelled 3rd floor.

Omigawd
02-27-20, 04:16
The towels I bought in Thailand were a pain in the ass as they kept shedding, even after cycles of washing. At one points towels became my main obsession. I swore next time I would bring towels from home.

The broomsticks I could lay my hands on also kept losing bristles.The quality of Thailand manufacturing is appalling.

When you rent try to get a pachage with some cleaning included. Big difference in your renting budget. One cleaning for 51 sqm at VT6 350 THB. You need cleaning at least every 3 days in Pattaya. Within 2 days your balcony gets a fresh layer of soot. There are no doormats outside entrances.

Not sure 10th floor is enough to be out of range of mosquitos. They were a plague on 7th floor. I was told 14th floor was ok. "Ground" floor (the floor level with 2nd road) at VT6 is labelled 3rd floor.Thank you for sharing these important details. Sometimes the small things do add up.

MeatMan
04-03-20, 14:33
https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-hotels-beaches-closed-under-new-coronavirus-restrictions-294066

Its as if the whole world is being knocked back to the stone age because of this virus!.

LittleBigMan
04-03-20, 15:02
https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-hotels-beaches-closed-under-new-coronavirus-restrictions-294066

Its as if the whole world is being knocked back to the stone age because of this virus!.The Virus has taken the front stage before people living here were concern with the drought throughout Thailand. Here in Pattaya, it was already getting bad on the Darkside several of the large lakes were drying up now they are near completion. The last month outside of the tourist area many of the areas in the Darkside the water were being turned off during the day then back on at night. I have a huge reserve of water at my house at times I don't notice a thing but my Thai neighbors have been complaining a lot today my tanks were near empty which means it hasn't been turned on for days!

With the high temperature, water is running real short most of the time when this happens you call your local water truck he delivers but many are having a hard time obtaining water to sell to locals like myself my guy said everything is being saved for the hotels, etc. And that is really pissing off the locals. Unless it starts to rain and rain hard it will hit the hotels soon!

AndoLoco
04-27-20, 06:54
Hoping May 1 Pattaya will open something and then planning using the online action for room service. I am looking for a recommendation of somewhere comfy in the 1000-1800 range that is more of an apartment style hotel where you can sneak them in with out ID checks etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Allover
04-27-20, 19:15
Hoping May 1 Pattaya will open something and then planning using the online action for room service. I am looking for a recommendation of somewhere comfy in the 1000-1800 range that is more of an apartment style hotel where you can sneak them in with out ID checks etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?Please see Pimpampournpipo's two reports in the "General Reports" thread. Looks like Thailand will be shut down for another month. Of course there are some lucky members stuck there still having a good time. Thanks Pimpampournpipo for the update.

SoberHans69
04-27-20, 19:20

Anyone have any suggestions?I've heard the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13 is good plus you can get nice food at the Sportsman near it.

Bunky
05-01-20, 16:09
I've heard the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13 is good plus you can get nice food at the Sportsman near it.I've stayed at the Whitehouse Condotel and recommended it in the past. But the original inquiry sought "apartment style" lodging at a value price where he could bring girls back without any ID checks or other formalities. The Whitehouse is a quiet place popular with golfers who retire early. My experience is that the lobby is dead quiet in the evening hours. Moreover, the distance from the front desk to the elevator or stairs is short because the lobby is rather small. I'm not saying it would be impossible to get a girl into the place without dealing with the staff, but I'm pessimistic. Finally, his budget is pretty low.

I suggest he consider lodging at a guest house. If he can find one that's open, he'll be able to book a cheap place to stay and he'll be able to bring girls back without interacting with the staff.

MonkeyPaw
05-01-20, 17:00
I am here in Pattaya now and will tell you that most of these hotels and guesthouses are closed and have sent their employees home. They cannot stay afloat with all the restrictions and decline in tourists. However sites like Agoda will happily take your payment and good luck trying to get a refund. Because of Coronavirus, they will delay for awhile. And if you took the low price non refundable rate, God help you. I haven't a clue why the government allows these sites to still list bookings, when the hotels aren't even open for business anymore. I think it's their way of allowing these companies to generate some kind of income off the consumer and not a government bail out. Same with flights. I've booked 2 flights out of Thailand only to have them be cancelled and not refunded. It can take months and what happens if the airline goes out of business? So now I'm happy just to stay put and continue to fuck girls and get massages every day.

Dena0
05-02-20, 00:17
I've heard the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13 is good plus you can get nice food at the Sportsman near it.Whitehouse is good, but you cannot bypass the ID checks (nor should you want to generally, for your own safety). Other disadvantage is the LARGE key that you may have to carry with you if you plan to sneak past the desk.

MonkeyPaw
05-02-20, 06:35
I am here in Pattaya now and will tell you that most of these hotels and guesthouses are closed and have sent their employees home. They cannot stay afloat with all the restrictions and decline in tourists. However sites like Agoda will happily take your payment and good luck trying to get a refund. Because of Coronavirus, they will delay for awhile. And if you took the low price non refundable rate, God help you. I haven't a clue why the government allows these sites to still list bookings, when the hotels aren't even open for business anymore. I think it's their way of allowing these companies to generate some kind of income off the consumer and not a government bail out. Same with flights. I've booked 2 flights out of Thailand only to have them be cancelled and not refunded. It can take months and what happens if the airline goes out of business? So now I'm happy just to stay put and continue to fuck girls and get massages every day.Just like with the hotels, same with the guest houses. I had planned to book a room at the Garden Beer Club or Garden Guest House, owned by the Baku group I think. If mistaken, then sorry. Agoda shows it available, but I walk by and it was shut down. I message the management on Facebook and they just ignored me. Agoda said that it is the management responsibility to unlist the availability. But many establishments are taking advantage of the non-refundable and customer responsibility to check the travel advisories.

"Agoda: Due to COVID-19, different destinations are imposing restrictions on travel. Please be aware of any travel advisories and check to see whether your destination has announced new guidance before traveling."

In other words, you lose out. Agoda will keep your money.

Christian G
05-02-20, 09:29

Anyone have any suggestions?Why you not check Airbnb to rent an apartment? Many condos like Unixx do not check ID cards and don't give a fuck who you take back your room.

Sammon
05-02-20, 12:31
I am here in Pattaya now and will tell you that most of these hotels and guesthouses are closed and have sent their employees home. They cannot stay afloat with all the restrictions and decline in tourists. However sites like Agoda will happily take your payment and good luck trying to get a refund. Because of Coronavirus, they will delay for awhile. And if you took the low price non refundable rate, God help you. I haven't a clue why the government allows these sites to still list bookings, when the hotels aren't even open for business anymore. I think it's their way of allowing these companies to generate some kind of income off the consumer and not a government bail out. Same with flights. I've booked 2 flights out of Thailand only to have them be cancelled and not refunded. It can take months and what happens if the airline goes out of business? So now I'm happy just to stay put and continue to fuck girls and get massages every day.Agoda is not the cheapest site to get hotel reservations. And they never refund price paid saying it is non refundable whatever the reason. Usually they blame it on individual hotels. Some upscale hotels have no qualms about refund if you call them directly. For for last cancelled trip I lost around $120 for one night stay in a Bangkok hotel in spite of Agoda repeatedly saying they will refund. Ultimately I got angry and called. Girl was insistent saying it is non refundable because of the hotel. Then I said why don't you refund just the commission you got. She still said it is not refundable. I would avoid Agoda.

ON the other hand booking through Expedia, orbitz, Travelocity etc you have a better chance to cancel and get refund. Prices these days are fixed by the hotel and you can find a deal all the time in any site. Just need to do some research.

Because of Corona I got refunds on flights and many other hotel bookings.

XXL
05-02-20, 12:40
Agoda is not the cheapest site to get hotel reservations. And they never refund price paid saying it is non refundable whatever the reason. Usually they blame it on individual hotels. Some upscale hotels have no qualms about refund if you call them directly. For for last cancelled trip I lost around $120 for one night stay in a Bangkok hotel in spite of Agoda repeatedly saying they will refund. Ultimately I got angry and called. Girl was insistent saying it is non refundable because of the hotel. Then I said why don't you refund just the commission you got. She still said it is not refundable. I would avoid Agoda.
Is Agoda worse than the others? I had booked a hotel in Bangkok through Agoda, non refundable. I had got the month wrong. My stay was in March and my booking was for May. The hotel said no problem, book again for March, we'll waive the May booking and notify Agoda. So they did and so I did. I mailed Agoda and they agreed not to charge my credit card for May as the hotel was ok with the arrangement. Of course I am a very good repeat customer with Agoda so I may be getting special treatment.

For Thailand Agoda is ALWAYS cheaper than Booking (in spite of belonging to the same company, go figure). It also often has the cheapest rates of all platforms provided you book non refundable. Agoda has a system of bonuses called "Agoda cash" and that is something to be included in any rate comparison. I've booked Sabai Lodge in Pattaya through Agoda at 60% of list price. When I asked front desk about paying cash for more days they could offer me the Booking price but not the much cheaper Agoda price. They couldn't tell me where the Agoda price came from and how it could be so cheap. So I just did the booking for the extra days through Agoda on my smartphone with the help of front desk staff to make sure I was booking the same room. Crazy.

However, listing and accepting bookings for hotels that have been closed for weeks is unforgivable but if I'm not mistaken Agoda is not alone in doing this. I'd say in the present climate booking anything online anywhere is unwise. I'm planning to fly back to Europe in mid-June but I'll need to be very careful where and how I buy the ticket.

Allover
05-02-20, 16:26
Is Agoda worse than the others? I had booked a hotel in Bangkok through Agoda, non refundable. I had got the month wrong. My stay was in March and my booking was for May. The hotel said no problem, book again for March, we'll waive the May booking and notify Agoda. So they did and so I did. I mailed Agoda and they agreed not to charge my credit card for May as the hotel was ok with the arrangement. Of course I am a very good repeat customer with Agoda so I may be getting special treatment.

For Thailand Agoda is ALWAYS cheaper than Booking (in spite of belonging to the same company, go figure). It also often has the cheapest rates of all platforms provided you book non refundable. Agoda has a system of bonuses called "Agoda cash" and that is something to be included in any rate comparison. I've booked Sabai Lodge in Pattaya through Agoda at 60% of list price. When I asked front desk about paying cash for more days they could offer me the Booking price but not the much cheaper Agoda price. They couldn't tell me where the Agoda price came from and how it could be so cheap. So I just did the booking for the extra days through Agoda on my smartphone with the help of front desk staff to make sure I was booking the same room. Crazy.

However, listing and accepting bookings for hotels that have been closed for weeks is unforgivable but if I'm not mistaken Agoda is not alone in doing this. I'd say in the present climate booking anything online anywhere is unwise. I'm planning to fly back to Europe in mid-June but I'll need to be very careful where and how I buy the ticket.I compare prices with smaller, non-chain hotels by checking with the hotel or its website. I also check their price on hotels.com before making a reservation. Hotels.com has excellent customer service especially if you are not happy with the hotel. Desk clerks have often told me they can't match the agoda /booking.com/hotels.com even though I was in the lobby offering to book with cash payment. I don't understand that.

One of our members (I forget who) worked for one of these booking companies and provided some interesting inside info.

StLouisMo2010
05-02-20, 17:11
I have booked Agoda rarely over the past 5 years. I generally use it to research rates in SEA then I may or may not contact the hotel direct for a booking as I have found they will generally beat or match the rate.

For this year's trip (April 16) I researched and selected my BKK hotel, (mid-size Thai chain hotel with upscale pricing) for which I had booked the previous 2 years, Agoda had a very good rate, the hotel did not respond and I knew I was coming, so I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BOOKING NON-REFUNDABLE, which was my mistake (I pushed the wrong button) no huge deal, as I was coming on my Holiday- nothing could stop me, 555.

As time passed, I cancelled my reservation 30 days in advance due to Covid 19. I sent a nice e-mail to the Hotel with a copy to Agoda, asking for a refund of my non-refundable reservation, or a credit good for 3 years for the value of my reservation- no response from the Hotel- 10 days pass, I resend the e-mail and contact Agoda via e-mail, they say please wait 10 days as they are working with the Hotel.

10 days pass, Agoda contacts me by e-mail- they will offer me Agoda Credit for the value at any of their hotels for 1 year, I counter back to them via e-mail that due unknown travel restrictions I don't know if I will use it within 1 year- I would like 3 years. With in 5 minutes of the e-mail, I get a call on my USA cell phone with Hong Kong telephone ID, Agoda Customer Service says they can not do the 3 years of valid credit due to their system in place and asked: "would it be ok if Agoda credits my credit card for the value of the reservation", but it may take 15 days, I agreed.

The following night my credit card was credited for the value of the reservation. I got more from Agoda than I expected, good follow-up, and good customer service. I followed their rules and procedures, they were generous and I will remember them in the future but am not obliged to them in any way. Cheers.

SoberHans69
05-02-20, 18:54
I've had good experiences with Agoda too.

My hotel for the trip I was supposed to make early March was booked as non refundable. They changed it to let me get a full refund just before I went which I don't think they had to do.

Having a nightmare with getting a refund from Emirates though, doesn't help that I booked it through a third party online travel agent mind.

Lesson learned, always booking direct with the airline from now on.

Banana Boi
05-02-20, 21:02
From the hotels.com web site.

For customers who booked a non-refundable rate prior to March 19, 2020 for stays between March 20, 2020 and May 31, 2020, we will email you in the coming days to ask if you wish to keep or cancel your existing booking. If you decide to cancel, you will be eligible for a full refund or, in some cases, a voucher allowing you to rebook the original property at later dates. There is no need to call us, but you must cancel your booking at least 24 hours before check-in in order to be eligible for this offer.I'm assuming there is no full refund if you book after March 19 because you should have been aware of COVID by then.

A lot of people don't use hotels.com which is owned by Expedia because their prices are usually a few dollars more than agoda, bookings, etc. However, Hotels.com has a great Loyalty program where you get 1 night free after every 10 nights of bookings. The free night will be the average of the 10 nights you booked.

Goatscrot
05-06-20, 07:01
Are the hotels actually accepting new guests at the moment? If not any idea when they will start? I need to make a trip down from BKK and have some fun.

Berrys66
05-07-20, 13:51
Not many open as too few customers to keep them open and staff sent home.

YyzTravel
05-08-20, 17:27
Hey guys,

May have seen in another thread that I'm planning a trip in Jan of 2021. I'm hoping things are somewhat settled by then, and have a long time to plan, but looking at hotels. Right now I'm debating between these three: looking for feedback on them if anyone has them. The cost on all of them is pretty close to the types of rooms I would want, so that's not really a deciding factor here. I'm open to more suggestions here, but I would love to have all of these if possible: close to the beach with ocean view, an on-site bar, and restaurant, no guest fee + close to the action so I can walk, or easily catch the bus.

The LK Empress (https://www.lkpattaya.com/empress/gallery.php?t=fa) - Somewhat central to both SOI6 +Waking street - easy to catch the buy - offers waterfront views, looks pretty posh. On-site bar and restaurant.

The Whitehouse Condotel (https://www.whitehousecondotel.com/) - Father from the beach, lower cost, but looks like rated for potentially longer stays. I don't need a kitchen and plan on eating out every meal. Comes highly recommended though on the boards here. Is this place really aimed at "golfers" or am I missing the joke here.

VT6 (http://www.viewtalay6.com/) - Looks central to action overall - pending the room and level, the view could be great - central to shopping. Plain, and some of the rooms look pretty outdated.

Allover
05-08-20, 22:28
Hey guys,

May have seen in another thread that I'm planning a trip in Jan of 2021. I'm hoping things are somewhat settled by then, and have a long time to plan, but looking at hotels. Right now I'm debating between these three: looking for feedback on them if anyone has them. The cost on all of them is pretty close to the types of rooms I would want, so that's not really a deciding factor here. I'm open to more suggestions here, but I would love to have all of these if possible: close to the beach with ocean view, an on-site bar, and restaurant, no guest fee + close to the action so I can walk, or easily catch the bus.

The LK Empress (https://www.lkpattaya.com/empress/gallery.php?t=fa) - Somewhat central to both SOI6 +Waking street - easy to catch the buy - offers waterfront views, looks pretty posh. On-site bar and restaurant.

The Whitehouse Condotel (https://www.whitehousecondotel.com/) - Father from the beach, lower cost, but looks like rated for potentially longer stays. I don't need a kitchen and plan on eating out every meal. Comes highly recommended though on the boards here. Is this place really aimed at "golfers" or am I missing the joke here.

VT6 (http://www.viewtalay6.com/) - Looks central to action overall - pending the room and level, the view could be great - central to shopping. Plain, and some of the rooms look pretty outdated. Your facts are correct. I just want to add a few things:

VT6 has a great location but reports here suggest to read room reviews before booking. Some of the units have become rundown. People here often book VT6 using dancewatchers.com. I have never used them. The unit I visited was very nice with a great ocean view.

LK Empress is right on Beach Road. You are right at the water but that area can get noisy. It is a 4-5 minute walk to Second Road. Second Road has malls, banks, restaurants, etc. You will use Second Road to catch a baht bus to go in the direction away from walking street I. E. Central Festival Mall, Terminal 21.

Whitehouse Condotel: This has been my go to place for years. Yes it's farther from the beach but it is only a 2-3 minute walk to the beach and a 30 second walk to Second Rd. Outstanding location IMHO. Whitehouse clientele is older white guys mostly from UK, Australia, and a few Americans. The hotel arranges golf outings daily for its guests so that is not a joke. I don't play golf. It is girl friendly of course. Girls IDs are kept at the front desk and they will call you before they return her ID to make sure you are ok. I really like this place but I would not recommend it to a 20 or 30 year old as they may find it too quiet. There is a very small bar in the lobby but it is very quiet.

Your three choices are all good and in great locations.

Goferring
05-08-20, 23:50
Hey guys,

May have seen in another thread that I'm planning a trip in Jan of 2021. I'm hoping things are somewhat settled by then, and have a long time to plan, but looking at hotels. If you are looking for somewhere walking distance to everywhere, as opposed to within one specific area, I found The Scenery just off Second Road to be good. Lots of food, shops and casual bars nearby and an easy walk or Baht Bus to all the fun areas.

Enjoy. G.

Bunky
05-09-20, 03:57
I'm open to more suggestions here, but I would love to have all of these if possible: close to the beach with ocean view; an on-site bar and restaurant; no guest fee; and close to the action."Close to the beach," is anything on the west side of Second Road, if you ask me. Sea views are harder to come by than proximity. If that's a must for you, rent a condo on the SOUTH side of the View Talay 6. Having a restaurant and bar "onsite" is overrated. Nobody on vacation in Pattaya drinks at their hotel, and they seldom eat there. (Unless it's the free breakfast buffet.) Food delivery is available from dozens and dozens of places. Pattaya is VERY compact and dense -- especially the central part that caters to tourists. Even if you don't like to walk, you can find a bar or a place to eat just steps away from wherever you stay. Don't forget the roving food carts. Seriously, you won't ever have to make an effort to find a drink or a nosh. The default value is NO joiner fee.

The LK Empress (https://www.lkpattaya.com/empress/gallery.php?t=fa) - Never stayed there. But the location is good.

The Whitehouse Condotel (https://www.whitehousecondotel.com/) - Yes, there are really lots of golfers who stay there. As in English-speaking gents who tend to retire before midnight and get up early to dine in the tiny dining room. But naughty boys are welcome as well. Just know it isn't a hair-on-fire kinda place. But that's a good thing. When it's time to sleep, dull is good. If you're new to Pattaya, the Whitehouse location cannot be beat. You can easily walk to the LK Metro area. You can catch a baht bus headed north on Second Road to Soi 6 in even less time. You can walk to Beach Road and catch a baht bus headed south to Walking Street. The legendary Lek Hotel breakfast buffet is literally across the street. The Sportsman Pub is two doors down. There is a laundry within steps of the front door. Downsides: Rooms have no ocean view. Rooftop pool is on the small side.

VT6 (http://www.viewtalay6.com/) - More difficult to book because you have to go through a rental agent. Rooms vary considerably in opulence and price. Huge high rise place. Lobby features a couple of convenience stores and a tiny restaurant. On the other hand, the location is just as convenient as the Whitehouse. Even better, the VT6 is directly across the street from the Made In Thailand Beer bar complex, which connects to Tree Town and Soi Buakao. Very handy. Even if you're not look to pick up girls in the beers bars, they are still great places to either start or finish you evening. If you go this route, I can personally recommend Dancewatchers.

YyzTravel
05-09-20, 15:33
VT6 (http://www.viewtalay6.com/) - More difficult to book because you have to go through a rental agent. Rooms vary considerably in opulence and price. Huge high rise place. Lobby features a couple of convenience stores and a tiny restaurant. On the other hand, the location is just as convenient as the Whitehouse. Even better, the VT6 is directly across the street from the Made In Thailand Beer bar complex, which connects to Tree Town and Soi Buakao. Very handy. Even if you're not look to pick up girls in the beers bars, they are still great places to either start or finish you evening. If you go this route, I can personally recommend Dancewatchers. Does VT6 have a joiner fee? Do they take the girls ID at the front desk like Whitehouse does?

HorseTrader
05-09-20, 19:08
The LK Empress (https://www.lkpattaya.com/empress/gallery.php?t=fa) - Somewhat central to both SOI6 +Waking street - easy to catch the buy - offers waterfront views, looks pretty posh. On-site bar and restaurant.LK Empress was a very good place except for 2 problems in my room. First, the floor was so highly polished that it was dangerously slippery. Wearing socks was not safe. Second, the shower would not maintain a constant temperature, it would cycle up and down with a period of about 20 seconds. This was a problem at all times of the day so not related to neighbors taking showers. Perhaps the fault of a controller problem on a tankless water heater.

Bunky
05-09-20, 21:58
Does VT6 have a joiner fee? Do they take the girls ID at the front desk like Whitehouse does?Again, the default practice at 99% of the hotels is *NO* joiner fee, at least for the first girl. Some hotels impose a charge for two girls or more.

The View Talay 6 doesn't have a front desk, just a giant lobby with shops and the condo's management office (open only during the day). In front of the elevators there are two or three security guys and a small freestanding desk. Mostly, they just make sure the elevators are running smoothly by directing people to the next available car. But if you like, they will check the ID of your girl. I find this practice reassuring and think everybody should cooperate. But if you don't, I'm sure you could get your girl up to your room without too much trouble.

Love Sex 22
07-01-20, 08:33
Try to make reservations online on their website, its shows that they are fully booked until end of August. Is the hotel is open? I try to call them but nobody answer the phone. Any help will be highly appreciated. Cheers.

LittleBigMan
07-01-20, 08:48
Try to make reservations online on their website, its shows that they are fully booked until end of August. Is the hotel is open? I try to call them but nobody answer the phone. Any help will be highly appreciated. Cheers.Eastiny has a number of places on Soi 7-8 which one are you refering to? I plan to go out later let me know I will stop by and take a look?

Love Sex 22
07-01-20, 10:06
Eastiny has a number of places on Soi 7-8 which one are you refering to? I plan to go out later let me know I will stop by and take a look?Its on soi 8. Name is eastiny place. Its almost near the end of the street, if coming from beach road its on the right side, its little hidden because have their parking lot in front of the lobby. I really appreciate your help.

===========================================

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was originally written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING and thus was edited to normal case text. Writing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING in the internet equivalent of shouting and is thus is prohibited on this forum.

In the future, please do not write reports in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING. Thanks!

GettingFedUp
07-01-20, 10:10
Try to make reservations online on their website, its shows that they are fully booked until end of August. Is the hotel is open? I try to call them but nobody answer the phone. Any help will be highly appreciated. Cheers.The company's website shows no availability at any of the Eastiny hotels in August. That together with the phone being unanswered would indicate that they almost certainly all remain closed.

If you are not already in Thailand I would suggest reading up on the border closure - yesterday's EU announcement of allowing visitors in from Thailand does not mean Thailand has or will reopen the borders in time for August.

Love Sex 22
07-01-20, 10:48
The company's website shows no availability at any of the Eastiny hotels in August. That together with the phone being unanswered would indicate that they almost certainly all remain closed.

If you are not already in Thailand I would suggest reading up on the border closure - yesterday's EU announcement of allowing visitors in from Thailand does not mean Thailand has or will reopen the borders in time for August.That's what I suspected that they are closed. No I am in Bangkok now, just wanted a change. Any other hotels can you recommend around that area with a big swimming pool. And nice clean rooms? How many precent of the hotels are closed in Pattaya you think??

XXL
07-01-20, 11:05
Thats what I suspected that they are closed. No I am in Bangkok now, just wanted a change. Any other hotels can you recommend around that area with a big swimming pool. And nice clean rooms? How many precent of the hotels are closed in Pattaya you think??I'd say 90%. You'd have a better chance with condos. Like View Talay 6. That is definitely not closed.

LittleBigMan
07-01-20, 16:00
Thats what I suspected that they are closed. No I am in Bangkok now, just wanted a change. Any other hotels can you recommend around that area with a big swimming pool. And nice clean rooms? How many precent of the hotels are closed in Pattaya you think??Just to confirm Eastiny is closed but there are a few pages I noticed are opened, across the Soi High Five seem opened, Lek, Soi 10 near 2nd Road Page hotel, old Marriott now called Avani, Soi Baukhao Sotus seem open so is Holiday Inn Express.

Good luck.

Ozzydio
07-01-20, 18:01
Just to confirm Eastiny is closed but there are a few pages I noticed are opened, across the Soi High Five seem opened, Lek, Soi 10 near 2nd Road Page hotel, old Marriott now called Avani, Soi Baukhao Sotus seem open so is Holiday Inn Express.

Good luck.I had a mail from Eastiny Place because I have a booking in late August and want to postpone my dates. They say, open up in July.

LittleBigMan
07-02-20, 01:35
I had a mail from Eastiny Place because I have a booking in late August and want to postpone my dates. They say, open up in July.As of last night at 9:30 pm when I went by lights out tape across entrance for the Eastiny on Soi 7 and 8, it was only the 1st I wouldn't be surprised if they started to open including Eastiny.

Dre165
08-02-20, 14:29
I'm from India, I have booked several times in Agoda. One of the time, I booked a hotel & it was way to bad way too inside the main road unable to travel so I told I would like to cancel it since I was travelling with kids but they said they cannot do anything. They kept on saying they are helpless. There is not more time it happened the same. Recent time I have booked a hotels through OYO which is also like Agoda, I called up the hotel but they said they need medical certificate if I need to stay, I have cancelled & moved on. I always try to cross check before stepping in. Thanks for sharing.

I have booked Agoda rarely over the past 5 years. I generally use it to research rates in SEA then I may or may not contact the hotel direct for a booking as I have found they will generally beat or match the rate.

For this year's trip (April 16) I researched and selected my BKK hotel, (mid-size Thai chain hotel with upscale pricing) for which I had booked the previous 2 years, Agoda had a very good rate, the hotel did not respond and I knew I was coming, so I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BOOKING NON-REFUNDABLE, which was my mistake (I pushed the wrong button) no huge deal, as I was coming on my Holiday- nothing could stop me, 555.

As time passed, I cancelled my reservation 30 days in advance due to Covid 19. I sent a nice e-mail to the Hotel with a copy to Agoda, asking for a refund of my non-refundable reservation, or a credit good for 3 years for the value of my reservation- no response from the Hotel- 10 days pass, I resend the e-mail and contact Agoda via e-mail, they say please wait 10 days as they are working with the Hotel.

UweHertzog459
12-23-20, 14:49
Hello everyone how are you all? I am a traveler and want to visit Pattaya so could you please tell me the normal budget hotels in Pattaya.

Ed Setra
12-23-20, 15:44
Hello everyone how are you all? I am a traveler and want to visit Pattaya so could you please tell me the normal budget hotels in Pattaya.From other posts you don't seem to be endearing yourself to posters. This request doesn't help your standing.

Normal budget hotels? Discuss.

RacShack
12-23-20, 17:17
Hello everyone how are you all? I am a traveler and want to visit Pattaya so could you please tell me the normal budget hotels in Pattaya.How are you going to get their? You have a tunnel or something we all don't know about? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated, as far as hotel goes I have a shit load for you, I'll pm them to you bud! Safe travels!

Sammon
12-23-20, 21:52
Agoda gets you very good rates even breakfast thrown in. Non refundable rates are the best. But good luck cancelling and getting refunds because of covid. For my last trip in March- April I had booked 5 upscale hotels. Got refunds from four except one in Bangkok. When I called Agoda the girl told me that it is very difficult to get a refund from some hotels in Thailand whatever the reason. I was expecting to loose money on all of them.

Got credit to use from Airlines including Air Asia that is if Air Asia is still in business.

Bunky
12-24-20, 03:36
I want to visit Pattaya so could you please tell me the normal budget hotels.First, as others have noted, inquiries about lodging in Pattaya are academic at this juncture. It's going to be a LONG time before it's possible to easily visit Thailand from abroad. I could set down a ringing endorsement of the Grand Sea Breeze Tower and Suites, but it could go out of business by the time the borders are open again.

Second, there is an amazing variety of lodging in Pattaya. If you want to splash out, there are five star hotels with ocean views. If you're a Cheap Charlie, there are rooms with a fan on the east side of town. And everything in between. You need to provide more detail about your budget and your preferences. Your demand for information about "normal budget hotels" is meaningless.

Third, if you've never been to Pattaya (and I'm assuming you have not) you don't know what you don't know. Go back in this forum and read the last 100 pages. Google the lodging that strikes your fancy. Look at the photos. Do some map study. Get a sense of how the city is laid out. Make a list of candidates. If at that point you have SPECIFIC questions, put them to the group.

In other words:

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com E+fucking+FAQ!

Banana Boi
12-24-20, 08:06
Hello everyone how are you all? I am a traveler and want to visit Pattaya so could you please tell me the normal budget hotels in Pattaya.There are well over 1000 hotels and guest houses in Pattaya's "tourist" area. You can stay for as little as 250 baht per night, with AC. No idea what budget is for you. 250 baht? 2500 baht? 25,000 baht? Want a popular 5 star hotel many guys from ISG stay? Baraquda on 2nd Road is only 1500 baht per night now. Less than half of pre-COVID pricing. Bali Hai a 4.5 star hotel right beside Walking Street is 1175 baht per night!

Unless it's a true high season like Xmas, New Year's Eve, or China's Golden Week, booking a Pattaya hotel is an afterthought because there are so many. Moving forward I doubt there will be another high season anyways for years to come. Even pre-COVID there was a lot of complaints from the locals that high season has disappeared. I know guys who are frequent visitors to Bangkok and Pattaya and never book a hotel more than 2 or 3 days in advance at a time. They prefer to move around the cities and hit local area bars.

IHeartIpa
12-24-20, 12:21
There are well over 1000 hotels and guest houses in Pattaya's "tourist" area. You can stay for as little as 250 baht per night, with AC. No idea what budget is for you. 250 baht? 2500 baht? 25,000 baht? Want a popular 5 star hotel many guys from ISG stay? Baraquda on 2nd Road is only 1500 baht per night now. Less than half of pre-COVID pricing. Bali Hai a 4.5 star hotel right beside Walking Street is 1175 baht per night!

Unless it's a true high season like Xmas, New Year's Eve, or China's Golden Week, booking a Pattaya hotel is an afterthought because there are so many. Moving forward I doubt there will be another high season anyways for years to come. Even pre-COVID there was a lot of complaints from the locals that high season has disappeared. I know guys who are frequent visitors to Bangkok and Pattaya and never book a hotel more than 2 or 3 days in advance at a time. They prefer to move around the cities and hit local area bars.Right now I'd definitely want to stay on Bukhao, near LK if you like being in the middle of the action. Also has most or all of its restaurants open, bars open, girls walking around etc. Bunch of great options for 1 k or less a night in that area. I recently stayed at the Oakwood jouneyhub on bukhao 15 that will give you a rate of 650-750 if you walk in, but can be advertised online as 1 k some days. Easy 5 min walk to boomerang and LK. Didn't even need to take taxi home with a girl some days.

GuyBrusg1957
12-30-20, 10:40
Is anyone able to recommend Party Hotels like the Hotel Indigo or The W?

I'm only familiar with Western Hotels and I stayed at Hilton Pattaya last year. While I enjoyed the hotel it was too quiet and way too formal.

MonkeyPaw
05-03-21, 16:14
Finally let go of my last $16 bucks of Agoda cash. Monkeypaw had about $150 of Agoda cash that was going to expire this month. The condo that I have been at in Pattaya is not listed on Agoda. So instead of letting all the free cash expire (May 4), I broke it up into little blocks and booked 14 different rooms (not hotels or guesthouses) owned by locals, all over Pattaya and Bangkok. Of course I never checked in. Just a simple message "Keep the money as a gift. No check in. " My remaining balance to expire now is $2, without me having to spend any of my own money. Pretty hard to get it to 0. Anyways, just in case anybody feels generous to make it Christmas time in Spring.

Tvataham274
07-11-21, 20:07
Does anyone have any opinion on this hotel? Looking for somewhere close that also has a restaurant (any kind) inside it.

https://g.page/TheBeverlyHotelPattaya?share

https://goo.gl/maps/hn1CPxRBjsvGSL786

Or if anyone has other suggestions for a place in the area, let me know. Been going through a bunch in the area that have their rates posted online and a decent contact form if I have questions and these two look OK to me.

Anyone know if it is normal for hotels to have facilities for guests to do their laundry? Call me wet behind the ears but I've never traveled to a hotel before. Been to an all inclusive, but not an actual hotel.

BionicMan
07-12-21, 15:49
Does anyone have any opinion on this hotel? Looking for somewhere close that also has a restaurant (any kind) inside it.

https://g.page/TheBeverlyHotelPattaya?share

https://goo.gl/maps/hn1CPxRBjsvGSL786

Or if anyone has other suggestions for a place in the area, let me know. Been going through a bunch in the area that have their rates posted online and a decent contact form if I have questions and these two look OK to me.

Anyone know if it is normal for hotels to have facilities for guests to do their laundry? Call me wet behind the ears but I've never traveled to a hotel before. Been to an all inclusive, but not an actual hotel.I don't know what attracts you to that area as it is off the beaten path, especially now that Walking Street is a ghost town. I'the rather stay nearby LK Metro (plenty of hotels in a range of 2/400 meters from it. Take as a reference Areca Lodge and browse from there, soi Honey, soi Lengkee and more. From 3 to 4 stars. That area is in between 2nd Road and soi Buakhow, both served by the Baht Bus (10 baht a ride, any distance, hop in and off anywhere on the route) aka as Songkhow, a pick up van with seating facilities.

Forget those warning you about LB in that area, there's nowhere in Pattaya where they aren't, so one place or the other won't make any difference.

Don't be bothered by in-house restaurant of the hotel, as long as it has a buffet breakfast it's all what you need (and even then, the breakfast offers in any area of Pattaya is huge) in-house restaurants have a bit of inflated prices, still cheaper than home, but won't represent the Pattaya experience. Food is available everywhere on 24 hrs basis, local and international or a mix of both.

Similarly, why be concerned about laundry when the in-house service does a morning to late afternoon quick service at a great price, ironed and bagged?

Save your time to relax and enjoy Pattaya.

Tvataham274
07-12-21, 20:18
Thanks Bionic. I'm looking around Walking with the hopes that it will reopen in the next couple of months. From what I can gather, it is indeed a ghost town currently, but maybe that won't be the case in November / December / January.

Do hotels generally have laundry facilities in them?

Kabukicho Dojo
07-12-21, 20:47
I am guessing the OP looking at The Beverly Hotel is Indian. That's an area many Indians stay. The hotels in this area are older. It's quite convenient to Walking Street. There may have been 1000 restaurants in that area before the virus hit. Some have shut down permanently. Wouldn't worry about finding a hotel with a restaurant in it. Laundry places are everywhere. 70 to 100 baht per kg wash and fold. If you're on a budget buy a 10 baht bag of laundry detergent at 711 and wash your clothes in your bathtub. With the heat in Thailand your clothes will dry in a couple of hours.

Tvataham274
07-12-21, 23:51
Nope, am not Indian. Just looking for something that looks nice and that is pretty close to Walking.

Though I am going to guess that mostly 2-4 star hotels in the area are girl friendly, I still want to confirm with them via email if that is the case.

Still torn. Walking seems to have more. Everything, compared to Soi 6 (at least from looking at maps), has Soi6 fared better than Walking (or is currently better)?

I also plan to try to use Thai friendly to get some connections before I head down, after I've already booked and what not. So many things I have to do on my mental check list before I commit to anything! Honestly the most stressful part is getting to and from the airport!

Explorer8939
07-15-21, 06:14
Thanks Bionic. I'm looking around Walking with the hopes that it will reopen in the next couple of months. From what I can gather, it is indeed a ghost town currently, but maybe that won't be the case in November / December / January.

Do hotels generally have laundry facilities in them?It sounds like you are planning to visit Pattaya some months down the road. So any advice given to you now will be obsolete when you are in Pattaya.

Bunky
07-17-21, 21:36
Or if anyone has other suggestions for a place in the area, let me know. Been going through a bunch in the area that have their rates posted online and a decent contact form if I have questions and these two look OK to me. Anyone know if it is normal for hotels to have facilities for guests to do their laundry?Bionic Man makes a good point when he recommends staying in the central part of town. The hotels you're looking at are considerably farther south and a little east. I realize that's closer to Walking Street, but even assuming it's back on form by the time you arrive you don't need to lodge there. The baht bus makes it silly simple to get to Walking Street from hotels farther north.

Look at hotels that are north of Soi 13/4 and south of Central Pattaya Road, between the beach on the west and Pattaya Third Road on the east. Generally speaking, the closer to the beach the more expensive the rate. I always recommend the Whitehouse Condotel to first time visitors. The location is perfect, the rates are good and it's a quiet place where you can actually sleep. There is also a restaurant in the lobby.

As for laundry, a few hotels offer suites billed as "serviced apartments" and a few of those suites have a washing machine. No dryer. The custom is to line dry your clothes on the balcony or on a drying rack.

Hotels generally don't have laundry rooms. Instead you take your clothes to a laundry. They are all over town and no matter where you stay there will be a laundry close by. Just drop off you dirty clothes and when you come back a day or two later they'll be cleaned (and pressed if you like) for a very reasonable price.

Tvataham274
07-17-21, 21:42
Thanks for the reply Bunky.

I think for my first visit I will stay at the Classroom. That hotel looks pretty good and it is very close to Walking.

I think I have everything in order. I realize that most of the advise about how the places operate will be irrelevant when I actually get there, but I'm more in the market for logistical advice. I think I've sorted out everything that I need to do and know for when I arrive.

But now it is just waiting and hoping they lift the quarantine requirements before December. I have over 2 weeks of time off saved from work that I'm losing come 2022 that I want to spend balls deep on the other side of the planet.

Thanks.

Explorer8939
07-18-21, 00:54
Thanks for the reply Bunky.

I think for my first visit I will stay at the Classroom. That hotel looks pretty good and it is very close to Walking.

I think I have everything in order. I realize that most of the advise about how the places operate will be irrelevant when I actually get there, but I'm more in the market for logistical advice. I think I've sorted out everything that I need to do and know for when I arrive.

But now it is just waiting and hoping they lift the quarantine requirements before December. I have over 2 weeks of time off saved from work that I'm losing come 2022 that I want to spend balls deep on the other side of the planet.

Thanks.I hope you understand that Thailand currently has a 2 week quarantine requirement.

Tvataham274
07-18-21, 01:23
I hope you understand that Thailand currently has a 2 week quarantine requirement.I would figure what I said implied that I am aware of that. And I am.

But now it is just waiting and hoping they lift the quarantine requirements before December

Thanks.

Mogwai
07-19-21, 07:22
I think for my first visit I will stay at the Classroom. That hotel looks pretty good and it is very close to Walking.This hotel is in Boyz Town. It's the gay area of Pattaya.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyztown

You don't have to worry too much about being close to Walking Street. As long as the hotel is close to Beach Road or Second Road you'll be fine, because that is where the Baht busses are circling 24h a day.
Although, like Bunky already said, it's best to stay south of Central Pattaya Road. If your hotel is north of this road the travelling time to and from Walking Street might get annoying.

Mogwai
07-19-21, 07:41
Honestly the most stressful part is getting to and from the airport!In normal circumstances I would recommend Bell, but I'm not sure if they are still in business.
The website is still active, but it's not possible to make a booking at the moment.

https://belltravelservice.com

Explorer8939
07-20-21, 03:40
In normal circumstances I would recommend Bell, but I'm not sure if they are still in business.
The website is still active, but it's not possible to make a booking at the moment.

https://belltravelservice.comIt is virtually impossible to take an international flight to BKK and then take a taxi, unless that taxi is provided by a certified hotel in Pattaya.

Until recently, you could get off a domestic flight in BKK, and get a cab, but now that domestic flights are grounded, no chance.

Tomling
10-02-21, 00:26
Now with the new rule of one week quarantine for fully vaccinated I consider going to Pattaya. I have searched the Internet, but have not found a list of all the SHA plus hotels in Pattaya. Can someone here at ISG give me such a link?

Maybe there are not so many SHA plus hotels in Pattaya. When I looked at some of the major hotel-websites they only had a few in that category. Steswithv.

Explorer8939
10-02-21, 01:45
Now with the new rule of one week quarantine for fully vaccinated I consider going to Pattaya. I have searched the Internet, but have not found a list of all the SHA plus hotels in Pattaya. Can someone here at ISG give me such a link?

Maybe there are not so many SHA plus hotels in Pattaya. When I looked at some of the major hotel-websites they only had a few in that category. Steswithv.SHA hotels only operate in Sandboxes. You need to book an ALQ hotel in Pattaya.

Christian G
10-02-21, 10:12

Maybe there are not so many SHA plus hotels in Pattaya. When I looked at some of the major hotel-websites they only had a few in that category. Steswithv.At the moment in Pattaya you can only do quarantine in ASQ Hotel https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonburi-thailand-hotels.

SHA+ hotels are only for the sandbox program, and there is no sandbox in Pattaya now.

Siva86
10-25-21, 17:59
I'm not sure if anyone posted the current steps to travel. I assume the 21 countries that are exempted from quarantine will have it easier. You still need to stay 1-day in SHA hotel.

Can anyone confirm if all-inclusive hotels in Pattaya are worth it? I saw one for $1300 USD and thinking of booking it. Do they allow you to bring the girls from outside? I'm thinking of boking Oakwood Journeyhub Pattaya.

Explorer8939
10-29-21, 13:46
At the moment in Pattaya you can only do quarantine in ASQ Hotel https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonburi-thailand-hotels.

SHA+ hotels are only for the sandbox program, and there is no sandbox in Pattaya now.There is supposed to be a Sandbox in Pattaya as of November 1, and there are now SHA+ hotels available.

LookingLooking
11-20-21, 15:39
In normal circumstances I would recommend Bell, but I'm not sure if they are still in business.

https://belltravelservice.comIt's still alive. I just made a booking a few days ago. But take note that they are no longer going to North Pattaya even when it's selectable. If you're going to Pattaya, choose the stop "jomtien bus station" instead. It's about 10 min car ride to central Pattaya from there.

Explorer8939
01-06-22, 12:27
Cape Dara Resort in Naklua. A great place for a romantic getaway, if you want to take a girl out of the bar. The hot tub is about the right size for fun.

Anyuta
05-03-22, 07:00
Hi to all,

This is a query at will be obliged if someone residing or having a information could help in fill up.

Wanted to know if sunshine hotel at residence soi 8, Pattaya is taking up tourists for June, as, on website at agoda it is being still shown as SHA plus hotel at only standard category rooms are available of is means rest of the hotel is closed or when it will be open.

Thanks in advance.