PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Admin
05-29-04, 22:53
Please select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

Domino
05-29-04, 23:03
I go for the hotels on 2nd Road: The Apex and Diana Inn are well placed, both beside each other and within walking distance of Sois 6-9, as well as Walking Street and the Beach Road. Both are moderately priced and include breakfast buffet. There are plenty of good, cheaper places, such as the Sawasdee Inn, on the lanes near them, on the same side of the street. (If you are going there on spec, these make god places to check out). The places in Soi 8 are too noisy for me and they are too far from pizza joints for my liking but ymmv.

There are plenty of really very cheap dives too off 2nd Road but they are, imho, a case of being penny wise and pound foolish

Bill
05-29-04, 23:49
Budget Recommendations:

300b Diane house 2nd road between soi 7 & 8 split unit a/c, fridge, tv, hot water

350b Thip house soi yamato a/c,tv,hot water

400b Merry Inn across the street from Marine hotel, on arab restaurant row. a/c, tv,hot water, internet room

500b Furama beach hotel, central road across Top's supermarket, central a/c,tv,hot water, tub, free toothbrush, shampoo, pool, lock box

600b Sabai lodge soi 2 a/c, fridge,tv,nice large pool,lock box

1000b Dynasty hotel, central pattaya, central a/c, newer hotel, tv, teak walls, marble , lock box, no pool, balcony, very quiet

The above based on weekly rate negotiations paid in advance. As there are many of us who live on a budget and prefer to sleep comfortably with some basic amenities,while saving the rest for bar girl ass, I submit these for your perusal. YMMV, Tax and liscence included, no additives or fillers, look both ways before crossing.

If budget is not a concern, there is the Pattaya Marriott, Montien, or Royal Cliff hotels.

Firedick
05-30-04, 14:57
OK. I stayed at the Areca Inn on Soi Diana in late May. I have stayed at the typical cheap Pattaya hotels and find them OK as well. But for a slight upgrade in price (900 baht) the Areca was great. No joiner fee, no attitude. Two nice swimming pools. Free buffet for guest, you'll have to pay 100 baht for your lady to join you for the buffet.

FD

Sumo
05-30-04, 22:18
Can anyone sugest a decent room with a large in-room safe to fit a laptop computer, air conditioning, cable TV with American programs especially on Sundays during the NFL grid iron football seasons, and ESPN, girl friendly and broadband cable for internet close to the girl action.

I am going to LOS in October and it sounds like my money grubbing friends wont be able to make it up until 2 weeks after I am there and wont be able to show me the ropes. So I have to go it alone because I am not going to wait for those chz dicks. I want to keep it in the 1500 baht range but will go 2000 baht if the room is way cool. I was going to stay for 4-5 weeks. My friends want me to stay at a small place called the Vault, they tell me that some of the rooms have built in strippers stages. I have the email address of the owner if anyone is interested, He will respond if you send an inquirey. His name is Michael Schneider

Hey Jackson thanks for making this hotel forum. If your ever in Thailand and I am there your first night is on me girls included. This helps me alot towards me planning my trip. I am one of those wierdos that has have everything planned out or I get a little stressed. Not like rainman stressed but uncomfortable.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add a space after commas and after periods. To avoid delays in future reports, please include one blank space after commas and one blank space after the period at the end of sentences. Thanks!

LukeSkyWanker
05-31-04, 09:43
Hi Guys,
Just returned from a quick trip, stayed at the Dynasty inn Soi 13 paid 990Bht for a 5th floor room which was very quiet and clean, They have a sister hotel in Bangkok which will transfer you to Pattaya free of charge if you you stay in the hotel. Staff very friendly 2 free bottles of water each night and just across the road the Wonderful bar which has a very good choice of women at the moment.
Also while I was there checked out the Sandy spring hotel at the other end of Soi 13 prices very similar and another new nice looking hotel.

Freeler
06-01-04, 03:57
Soi 7+8 Flippers

The Flippers in sois 7 and 8 discount already.
Also: The bustickets from Ekamai and Morchit to Pattaya still promis a discount when you show them. See which ever is best.

Sumo
06-11-04, 20:54
Is there any hotels like this in pattaya?

www.grottino.com

Harry Cari
06-23-04, 19:01
Would like to find a hotel on Jomtien beach that walks out to the sea, the rooms are not tired out and is extremly clean. Can any of you guys help out.

If not on Jomtien, maybe something in the south or north end of Pattaya.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to remove the forced hard returns in the text.

For those of you who may not be familiar with this concept, a "hard return" is created when you press the "enter" key while typing, thus artificially shortening the length of the text by forcing it to begin on the next line. Hard returns are also caused by some word processing and email programs.

More preferable would be a "soft return" wherein the text is allowed to continue automatically on the next line when it reaches the right side of the screen thus automatically adjusting to the varying width of each viewer's screen.

If your reports are being composed in a word processing or email program that is artificially inserting hard returns in the text, then please consider composing your Forum reports in another program or in the Forum's "Add New Report" window.

To avoid delays in future reports, please consider composing your report in the Forum or in a word processing program that does not insert hard returns in the text. Thanks!

Jaybee77
06-25-04, 06:34
Any info on the soi 13 construction? Anyone stayed at Sand Springs lately? is it noisy?

Thanks,

JB

Talia
06-29-04, 13:20
Guys,

I have searched the thread here and can find no reference to the Marriot Resort & Spa in Pattaya. I am due to be there next week and would appreciate it if someone can confirm its location is good for action. The Hotel cites itself as the best location for Pattaya as it is in the centre of town.

Thank you in advance.

LittleBigMan
06-29-04, 18:39
Talia,

The Marriort is located pretty much centrally located. Right next to the Royal Garden Plaza. Try the food court upstair or if you have a need for western food the street level has Big Mac, BK.

LBM

Dinghy
06-29-04, 20:39
Harry - sorry, the road runs between the beach and all the hoteles. Nothing with beach frontage. Beach Road runs between the beach and everything from North P'ya road to Walking Street Anything (the resorts) in P'ya is north of North road - (and out of my league price wise so I don't know)

oh, and at least you aren't HARA-KIRI <smirk>

Dinghy
06-29-04, 20:45
Well, last trip I learned why some of the Sawasdee have "inexpensive AC rooms". How about "chung ha" (5th floor to Europeans), (6th floor to Americans) with NO LIFT!!. You DEFINETELY get exercise climbing (and climbing) the stairs.

Girls first queston was "where lift?". "MAI!" really NEEDED the shower after the climb. Price was right, though - B300 (the room, not the poo-ying)

The Traveler
06-29-04, 20:57
Harry Cari

the Dusit at the northern end of the beach road will fit your needs, international 4-5 star hotel directly at the beach, no road in between !

http://pattaya.dusit.com/

SexReview
06-30-04, 07:26
Jaybee77 posted

"Any info on the soi 13 construction? Anyone stayed at Sand Springs lately? is it noisy?"

Lots of noise as they are building a new condo project on the same side of the Soi next to PBC Building. And another project across the street from Sandy Springs.

Sexreview

Friar Lust
07-03-04, 04:58
The Residence Garden is exceptional if you don't mind spending a few extra baht - about 1800 baht in the high season. All suites, either one or two bedroom, two pools, great poolside bar and restaurant, great service and guest friendly - no joiner fee.

Fr. Lust

JtownJoe
07-06-04, 04:00
Gentlemen,

I'll be in Pattaya mid August. Do most of the hotels have wireless LAN conectivity?If not, how do most of you get on the net when your in LOS and particular Pattaya? Thanks in advance for the info.

JtownJoe

Atilla
07-06-04, 14:18
I stayed in Roofgarden Inn, all I can say it was excellent for that price.

I stayed for a week and each day cost 650 Baht. When I first checked in there wasn't any customer at all, however at the 7th day it was completely full.

It is a very clean and new hotel with TV, split aircon, and a high pressure hot water shower room. It is girl friendly and they do not charge extra for girls stay.

The receptionist girl was really cute, and helpful indeed to all my questions about the action. And she was very talkative and friendly. Don't be shy, just ask her or scotch owner, both would reply.

Beware of the hotels in Thailand in general. They look fabulous in internet but when you arrive you might be disappointed to find a shithole as most of the hotels are at least 20-30 years old. And somehow they launch very nice pictures both in internet and guidebooks, however they are really oold. Above hotel was newly renovated as far as I know.

The Traveler
07-06-04, 20:46
jtownjoe

no wireless lan in any hotel i know, at least i never asked, no need for it. there are internet cafes almost everywhere, around 1b/min. some are a bit cheaper, others bit more expensive. depends on location, equipment and internet speed.

Pork Sword
07-07-04, 13:51
Gents,

I will be visiting LOS for the first time next month and would like some help with accommodation. I have read extensively through this forum, as well as my own research on the net, but have a few questions remaining. Basically I am after a nice clean hotel, (kind of four star resort type) with a nice pool, balcony in rooms, and preferrably with some sort of view. If this were near the action that would be great. I like the look of the Welcome Plaza on 2nd street down near soi post office. So here are the questions.

Is this hotel GF?

Is it as nice as the pics seem?

Is this a good part of town for action, or should I stick to the other end?

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way I have RTF, but no postings on this hotel.

The Traveler
07-07-04, 22:12
Pork Sword

I doubt that the Welcome Plaza is a 4 star hotel. I was once staying there. The Welcome Plaza is mostly occupied by chinese and korean group tours. These people talk loud and talk a lot. Walls are thin and they stand up early.

Rooms are ok and big enough but definately not 4 star and a bit worn down. There are better hotels and cheaper than that.

To answer your questions :

Yes, it is girl friendly.
No, it's not that nice.
Location is good.

If you really need a 4-5 star hotel try the Dusit or Montien. Great hotels, superb service but a bit on the expensive side.

Assman04
07-07-04, 22:54
I am planning a trip in August for a few weeks. Is there any place I can find a good list of hotels with the daily/weekly/monthly charges?

So far, I have just come across bits and pieces of information from people asking about a specific hotel or some web sites that resell the hotel rooms at inflated prices.

If there is a list somewhere which provides good number of hotels with their charges, please let me know the URL.

Thanks

Assman

Rhino Tusk
07-08-04, 04:16
I agree with the positive comments on Residence Garden, I've stayed there times. All rooms have separate bedrooms with in-room safe, balcony, 2 TVs with lots of channels. Living rooms have kitchenette. Staff is very attentive and will take care of any problems quickly (I had a problem with one of the ac units). You can book on a pattaya web site and get a discount of 1350. See

http://www.pattayapages.com/residence/

Breakfast not included, but the hotel has Captains Corner All U can eat BBQ for 295.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the action, but the baht bus stops in front of the hotel.

English Dan
07-09-04, 00:09
Hi gang

I've never been to Pataya before and so in Aug it will be my first trip. I have read all the posts here but still unconvinced about where to stay.

I kinda want to stay away from the action where it will be quieter and close to the ocean. Not sure if the weather is going to be so bad that it is a waste of time. I also want something that is not a "dump". I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Central Wong Amat Beach resort. I want to keep a girl with me for a few days (I have known her previously and want it to be a positive place). I hope it is gf? Thanks for your feedback here. What about the CHolchan Pattaya Hotel?

Thanks for the advice. Also plane comes in about 2 p.m. in BK - do you advise picking up a taxi at the airport and going straight to Pattaya from there - or some other option?

Thanks again

Hank

JtownJoe
07-09-04, 07:23
Hank Stram,

I'll be getting in to BKK at about 1:00 PM on Aug 16. I've got a Limo reservied to pick me up around that time to take me to Pattaya for 1300 baht (about $33.00 US) plus parking and tolls. If your coming in on that day maybe we can share the limo and cost. This is my first trip to Pattaya. I'm stay at the Residance Garden. I understand it is nice, about 10 to 15 min. walk to the action, guest frendly and 1350 baht per day

Veterano
07-10-04, 02:14
Anybody have any info on the Pattaya Hard Rock Hotel? (I've stayed in the Marriott, good for chicas, but very boring hotel)

Thanks, info is much appreciated

Rhino Tusk
07-11-04, 01:22
I haven't stayed at the Hard Rock, but I've been told the Marriott is bettter. Have been there for dinner and band twice, the band was OK but dinner was well overpriced for Thailand. They have a large pool, but are not known to be very guest friendly. Better book a double if you plan on guests, the hotel caters to Japanese families.

Havana Moon
07-11-04, 22:28
I haven't stayed at...but I've been told ...

What a valuble personally tips.

But I know that Sabai Lodge in Soi 2 is great hotel. Small buildings and close to the pool. A little bit too girlfriendly. They never aks for the ID´s.

Thumbs Up
07-12-04, 11:55
Hank,

As JtownJoe mentioned, the Residence Garden is a good place that is away from the “action” a bit. However, it’s not on the beach but it does have a nice pool and accommodations. From the brief description of your preferences I think a hotel in Jomtien (just south of Pattaya) would be good. It has a better beach than Pattaya as well. However, if I were going to the beach in the Pattaya area I would go to Koh Larn. You have to take a boat to get there (not too far) but it is a much better beach.

I have stayed at the Dynasty Resort (not Dynasty Inn) in Jomtien and was very happy with my accommodations. The Dynasty, like the Residence Garden, has an excellent pool but is not on the beach. It would also certainly qualify as a “quieter” hotel as well. Neither the Residence Garden nor the Dynasty Resort is a 5 star hotel but both are nice places at reasonable prices (not dumps). The Dynasty Resort also offers bungalows. They are both girl friendly.

If your plane arrives at 2 PM I would go directly to Pattaya from the airport. In the arrival terminal there is a service desk for the ThaiAir Limo Service. I know they used to offer a mini-van service directly to Pattaya from the airport. I am not sure if they still offer this service or if it is now only one-way to Pattaya from the airport. The mini-vans would go to Pattaya at 9 AM, noon, 3 PM, and 5 PM (I am estimating the times). At the time I used the service it cost 200 baht and you had to share the van with others.

If they still provide the service you can expect the driver to offer you some side “deals” as well. He may well offer to take you directly to your hotel for an extra 100 baht instead of his normal stop in Pattaya or he may offer to take you to Pattaya via the expressway (faster) for an extra 100 baht per person. He thinks you are stupid and will pay it. I offered him 30 baht to take me to my hotel in Jomtien. After some squawking he took it. Hell, you may well get it for cheaper than that (especially if your not in Jomtien).

Any time you take a taxi or mini-van to Pattaya or back (BKK) ask the service provider if you will be going via the expressway (toll road) and if the toll is included in the price (also, how much). Find out if the driver knows that as well. Many of the little rascals will try to get you to pay extra for the toll (on route) while they pocket the money. They don’t call them the taxi mafia for nothing.

Alistair
07-15-04, 14:58
I need advice for a place to stay for about 10 days, I would rather save money on my staying and spend it on fake watches/clothes and real fucks.

I usually prefer guest houses to hotels, the personnel is more friendly and I am not comfortable with the tip policy in many hotels, I much prefer tipping a lady who has been particularly nice to me; unluckily I see that most of you just report about hotels in Pattaya, so I will settle for that.

My choice could be down to a few places, and since Pattaya is new territory for me, I need advice as regards the best location as well, possibly with more discos and less bar scene:

Charming Inn Hotel – beach road
Ice Inn Hotel – second road
Siam Sawasdee – second road
Roof Garden Inn – up in the hills?
Danish Hotel – Soi Sahasak
Sawasdee Sea View – second road
Flipper House – beach road
Flipper Lodge – beach road
Sunshine Hotel – beach road
Valentinos Guest House - Soi Lenkee

Please, feel free to suggest new ones because the might well look all the same-same to me.

Thanks

English Dan
07-16-04, 05:39
Jtownjoe,

Thanks for the info on the hotel and offer of transport. I arrive Aug 7 so will already be there. I appreciate thought the gracious offer.

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the great info. You really took the time to outline things for me and it is appreciated. That info should be quite helpful.

Thanks again,

Hank

Dinghy
07-16-04, 06:36
Allistair - can only address some

Ice Inn is OK but can be a bit of a hike UP since no lift. at Soi 11 on 2nd Road

Sawasdee Seaview is really NOT on 2nd - on Soi 10 between Beach and 2nd. They were running specials in June when I was there. Soi 10 is OK but maybe a "bit of a walk" from action (depending on what exactly you want). No lift

Siam Sawasdee is north of 2nd on soi Diana. IIRC

The Sawasdee with a lift is on Diana and I think the big one on the corner of Diana and Soi Bokeauw has a lift, too. It CAN get tiring climbing to "chung ha" or higher. They were offering "buy a week, get 2 days free".

The flippers have been described in the Pattaya section before. Tend to be N O I S Y!! (or so it has been reported) if on the lower floors IIRC (but great access to the beer bars on Soi 7/8)

Your best discos will probably on walking Street (and a bit of a hike or a 5 baht bus ride from these lodgings)

Check out the hotels on Soi Bukeauw (the soi north of 2nd road in between 2nd and 3rd) Some reasonable prices and easy access to the beer bars as well. (but a bit of a hike from low prices on Beach - c'est la vie)

IF you want to go down in the room cost, get a fan room - maybe 200B/night. BUT - Sawaasdee Court? (IIRC) on Soi 10 NORTH of 2nd (turn right onto dirt soi in traffic direction) had A/C for 300B ("chung ha" though) - 5th floor (European) 6th (US) Definetely get in shape climbing those stairs. Relatively reasonable action on 2nd at the beer bars (but stay away from the ladyboys in the bar at the end of soi 10 (dirt) and 2nd.)

my 2 baht anyway

JuiceSpike
07-20-04, 05:43
A good value hotel in Pattaya is the Estiny Place Hotel on Soi 3. My friend and I each got a suit (large room with a separate living room, large bedroom, large bathroom and a nice balcony with a view to the sea) priced at 2,500bt/night but we negotiated down to 1,800bt/night with 2 breakfast. Good value for the money. The hotel has a a nice swiming pool.

The hotel is in located on a Soi with many beer bars which can get a little noise but its OK if you go to sleep late...

I had to make some calls to the USA and when I checked out the phone bill was way out of hand... I told them I would not pay 100bt a minute because it was over charging so they cut the bill in half. In any hotel ask how much they charge a minute to make calls overseas because they will charge you whatever they want. Negotiate before you make calls.

juice

Alistair
07-20-04, 14:16
Thanks to both for the tips, as regards international calls (I'm talking about Europe in my case) I found that the best solution by far is take your mobile and buy a prepaid one-2-call sim card, very cheap fares and great reception everywhere.

Gwailo
07-21-04, 19:55
<<The flippers have been described in the Pattaya section before. Tend to be N O I S Y!! (or so it has been reported) if on the lower floors IIRC (but great access to the beer bars on Soi 7/8)>>

I stayed at Flipper House this year and in 2002 and never had a problem. Decent hotel for @ 800B in the new wing. Old wing is kind of well, old.
Good service, guest friendly, and a pool. And I never had a problem with noise, inside the hotel, kind of noisy outside.

Gwailo

Joe Dick
07-22-04, 02:27
JuiceSpike,

Eastiny Place is on Soi 8. Also next door is a newer place Sunshine is also nice and good for the hooby.

Joe Dick
07-22-04, 02:40
Looking for something right in Walking Street. Any info appreaciated.

I.e: something like soi daimond but a decent place not a shit hole like Diamond Hotel.

Aardvark
07-25-04, 18:49
Try the Residence Gardens. If you book through http://www.pattayapages.com you can get it for 1350 baht. All of the rooms are minisuites, they have in room safes, there is a pool, and a good restaurant. The walk to walking street is about 500 meters.

Big Nana
07-29-04, 14:35
I'm heading out to PATTAYA AUG 18 lookin for *** to **** hotel on or next to beach very GF with pool and ammeniities.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Bun Biter
08-04-04, 11:41
Hi guys,

Going to Thailand in mid-November and unfortunately my wife will be with me this trip. 2-3 days in Pattaya/Jomtien to hook up with my old diving buddies at Mermaid's Dive shop. Since I'm not alone this trip I want to get a more up-scale hotel and am particularly interested in the Royal Cliff hotels. Anyone know how one might book aroom there without having to pay the full rack-rate? I can't seem to find anything less than $103/night without breakfast...!

Any help and suggestions for getting a better deal at one of the Royal Cliff establishments will be highly appreciated.

Peace.

Bunbiter

Applecoc
08-07-04, 21:06
http://www.precisionreservations.com/hoteldatabase/images/MapPhotos/Continent2/Country106/City8584.htm

Good place to start finding a hotel.

Havana Moon
08-08-04, 12:30
And if you prefer small 2- floorhouses, try Sabai Lodge at Soi 3. Three swimminpools and very relaxed and gf atmosphere. Below 1000Bath.

Luciano
08-09-04, 07:43
I want to stay in a bungalow in Pattya. Who have information please?

Richard Kopf
08-12-04, 09:08
Has anyone stayed at Royal Cliff? I love the Hard Rock but I would like something nicer. Are they really unfriendly or will they let you in with a girl like all other 5 stars in the world?

Thanks in advance

PJ

Frankypanky
08-13-04, 10:53
Luciano,

try www.pattaya.ch.

Yeah, they're Swiss. If that not a problem to you : )
Have a look.

You're welcome,

Sumimazen

Alejandro66
08-22-04, 13:04
Luciano,

Honestly I would not stay in bungalows in Pattaya.

You have the chance to find a good hotel for a cheap price, so why to bother with bungalows. I do not even know if they are bungalows available in Pattaya; I think there are some in Jomtien or along Sukhumvit Road to Rayong but they are quite far from the acion. Again I do not know what kind of holyday you are looking for so i don't know what kind of accomodation will fit for you.

The website suggested by Sumimazen is completely useless as it shows just 2 bungalows accomodation options and both of them are in Kho Chang that is an island 300 km from Pattaya.

If you are looking for bungalows in order to save your money I can tell you that in Pattaya it's very easy to find these options for the night:

Very nice hotel: 1200-1400 baht per night
Nice hotel: 900-1200 baht per night
Average hotel: 600-900 baht per night
Not so bad hotel (I mean room wit air conditioned and bathroom, clean and safe): 500 baht night
Cheap rooms (honestly I do not suggest this option): 400 baht per night

Regards,

Alejandro

Coma Boy
08-22-04, 13:49
Just how girl-friendly/unfriendly is the Hard Rock Hotel?

Alejandro66
08-24-04, 10:12
Coma boy,

Hard Rock Hotel used to be girl-friendly but in the lasth months I have heard from several friends that It turneto be ABSOLUTELY GIRL-UNFRIENDLY. I don't have any personal experience but a friend of mine just come back in Bangkok from Pattaya told me that he had troubles even with his thai girlfiend who checked-in with him.

Anyway the best thing to do is to ask to the reception before booking.

Richard Kopf,

Royal Cliff Hotel is GIRL-UNFRIENDLY too.

It's a fantastic hotel (in my opinion the best in Pattaya) but they cahrge a joiner fee of 660 baht per guest per night and the staff is quite rude with bargirls.

Regards

Alejandro

Richard Kopf
08-29-04, 11:42
alejandro,

thanks for the info about the royal cliff.

i have to disagree about the hard rock though. i have stayed there 5 times, including a week last month and as long as a double room is paid for, they had no qualms. i have been asked for a girl's id once only in all my stays there. i did overhear the australian security manager discussing ****d girls with other staff but never had a problem taking anyone up to the room, even 2 girls at once on one occasion.

many hotels that provide breakfast charge a different price for 1 or 2 guests. as a travel agent, i asked the hotel their policy and the response was that as long as a double is requested and paid, guests can be invited to the room.

i don't know thai laws but i doubt whether any hotel has the legal right to stop you from having a guest in your room as they have no proof of any offence being committed. if you pay for the room, it is yours to use. i have argued this at a few hotels and in every instance, they have backed down.

best regards,

pj

English Dan
08-29-04, 16:14
Hi,

I recently stayed a couple of nights at amari orchid hotel.

Very nice hotel with great swimming pool and good restaurants. Some renovatiions going on made it a little unpleasant at times but a really nice place.

Checked in with asian gf - no prob. - no joiner fees.

Hank

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Speed Touch
08-31-04, 14:23
just went to sandy springs as i want a dvd player in my room. they now quoted 1200 baht for a standard and 1300 for a delux sea facing. 100 baht per night for the dvd player. i may change hotels as sandy s is newew and next door.

speed touch

Dinghy
09-01-04, 04:42
Alejandro, I could tell you about several less-than-B400 places that are relatively nice, no girl problems, and clean. IF you want to get down into the CHEAP rooms (B200 or so) that's not that difficult except that they are fan rooms, cold water. Just depends on how oyu want to spend your money

Csincontrol
09-01-04, 17:03
Hello all,

I am looking for a very nice girl friendly hotel for about two weeks in Oct from the 8-22. Any recomendations would be great. I am looking for a suite or something. Large tub/shower lots of hot water, air conditioning, cable TV, internet. ect.. This will be my first trip and I have been living rough for the last six months and want something nice that I can share with a couple cuties. :-)

Thank you

Sumo
09-06-04, 15:42
Is there any hotels in Pattaya that offers DSL in their rooms?

Gonzo2
09-16-04, 03:50
Luciano,

If you go to Weekender hotel in north pattaya next to sabai room massage they have many bungalow renting. Walk to big C shopping center, quiet, 2 swimming pool and steam sauna or gym if you pay extra.

Bob1000
09-27-04, 00:52
Just got back from my trip to LOS. I spent one day in Pattaya staying at the Pattaya Centre Hotel. This hotel is next to the Mike Dept store. This is about ten minutes walk to walking street. The hotel room is OK. The AC does not work well enough most of the time. I paid 1500 Bahts for the night. I think there are better room elsewhere.

Skyway
10-03-04, 10:51
Hi there,

Whats the best most luxurious hotel in Pattaya thats close to all the action? And BTW having never been there am wondering how far are things there to get to by cab? I heard that the marriott there is good any other ideas?

Gonzo2
10-04-04, 08:24
Bob,

You are right the P Centre hotel you sleep at will try for Chinese group travel many times. Very nice view from high, and not friendly to bar girl. Pool not many people, good for swimming. I am of the experience good Dim Sum in the restaurant is better and cheap too.

Dinghy
10-05-04, 03:46
sky - marriot is about the best in the location - right off end of walking street (more or less - maybe 100m)

Member #2633
10-05-04, 07:29
Sky,

To stay at the marriot is an excellent idea. Close to the action, nice and gf friendly hotel with a wonderful pool at a quiet place. Only a little overpriced.

Dinghy
10-06-04, 02:53
calling Marriot a "little" overpriced is like calling the Pope a "little" Catholic :-) IMHO of course

Butt Ugly
10-09-04, 15:33
Member 2533

Exactly where is the Weekender hotel? Do they have a website? How bad is the noise factor? Rates?

Gonzo2
10-10-04, 09:23
BU,

Weekender hotel oppisite soi 2, north Pattaya , next to Sabai room body massagy Pattaya 2nd road.

Is so quiet in back side and maybe 800 or 1000 baht. Room for 700 baht many mossqito and noisy in front. Ask discount for better.

Is older hotel on great size land and no high rise.

Gate in back you can walk to Big C shopping next door. Big arcade many bar girls and body massagy to choose soi 2.

LittleBigMan
10-10-04, 18:03
Butt Ugly,

Weekender, is located on the 2nd road across the street from the Big C, shopping Center ( Central Pattaya ) Soi 5,4, In the evening lots of buses! Good action close to soapies massages!

LBM

The Traveler
10-11-04, 07:08
Sunshine Vista

they improved the hotel by adding a gym at 9th floor.
Small room with aircon, several machines and some weights. Not much but sufficient.

Rooms are clean with electronic in-room safe. Seperate shower and bathtub. Walls seem to be a bit thin though and some rooms have some kind of prob with the air. Each time the compressor is turned on by the electronic thermometer there is a very loud noise (like hitting the ceiling with a pipe or cable). They did not fix it for at least 3yrs so they will never fix it.

Avoid it till construction nearby is finished. Extremely noisy from 9:00 am !!!

Jim Mac
10-11-04, 16:40
Does anyone know what is happening with the renovations at the Baech View on Soi 2? Are all the rooms being upgraded? Is the hotel open right now? Is the beauty shop in the hotel open? I want to visit my favourite girl for a shave next month. Any info would be appreciated.

Poon Hunter
10-14-04, 16:02
Sunshine Hotel

This was a nice, small, clean hotel for only 790b. It was a little noisy from the local bars, but only $20, you can't go wrong.

It is located on Soi 8, closer to 2nd road

Poon Hunter

Horatio
10-14-04, 18:15
With all this discussion about this hotel or that hotel I am wondering if I can just show up in Pattaya and find a hotel without planning anything in advance. I will need something cheap and safe when I first get there, and can look for something girl friendly after the first day or two. Is this a practical plan.

Much thanks horatio

Havana Moon
10-15-04, 09:42
Horatio,

In Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 you will find everything you´r looking for.

Small gardenbuildings, 3 swimmingpools, safetybox, girlfriendly, restaurant, about 850B and taxis outside who takes you to the south, every 30 sec. Very good action on Soi 2 to.

Thumbs Up
10-15-04, 13:14
Jim Mac,

I don't know about the renovations at the Beach View Hotel since I have not been there in over a year but perhaps you can e-mail them at beachvw@loxinfo.co.th to get more information. If they have renovated the place it could well end up being a very good deal depending on the pricing.

When I was there I stayed in a suite in the front of the hotel (#601) that had an excellent view of Pattaya Beach (most rooms do not have a good view of the beach). It was off-season and I paid 1290 baht per night for the suite. I thought it looked a bit worn but it was spacious (with a good view) and I enjoyed my time there.

I really enjoyed eating breakfast there. The open-air restaurant in the front part of the hotel has a nice view of the beach across the street. When you combine the nice ocean breeze running threw it and its roof and umbrellas that keep the sun off of you…… it’s a pleasant place to have breakfast. And at 95 baht (last time I was there) for the breakfast buffets it was a good deal. Nor was it overly populated with portly farangs and their skanks from the prior night (in tow). Over all, I liked it much better than the Apex (sorry Domino). Having said that, IMO, the Apex is still one of the best stops for breakfast in Pattaya. I wonder if it was the view (pig swill) that finally made Domino sick at the Apex? It had to be working on him.

Gpb59
10-15-04, 14:16
Has anybody stayed at a Pattaya hotel that has satellite TV, got to have that ESPN when I get there, most seen to just have cable.

Thanks

Buzz00
10-27-04, 14:53
This is a no star hotel but one of the best for the buck I have encountered anywhere - owned by a very nice Scottish chappie.

This hotel is a little far removed, being in Jomtien which makes it quiet when one wents to get some zzzzzz's. If you want to be where the action is this is not the place to be, but be assured that its very close by. By Baht bus its about a 7 minute ride to the action and to Big-C shopping centre, Soapies, about 15 minutes. And if one wants to one can take a Baht bus in the opposite direction to Jomtien beach where there are some very nice ladies to be found.

The rooms are spacious with a huge bathroom and 4 person shower ( I kid you not) and the usual safe, TV, AC, snacks and mini-bar which I ravaged non stop. The rooms are cleaned and linen changed daily. Spotless !

The cost of the room was $15.- a day, all my extras including laundry, mini- bar, snacks, internet(bad connection) morning toast and coffee coming to
about $30.-. All in all I paid less than $200.- for 12 days inclusive.

If you bring a girl to the hotel her ID will be taken checked and recorded which I liked as it discourages the kind of BS that sometimes goes on.

I liked the place and am looking for an excuse to go back.

Buzz.

Gpb59
10-30-04, 14:41
Anybody stayed at the one in Pattaya, either the hotel or resort? How is it?

BKK Dreaming
11-03-04, 13:32
Wondering what the report is on both Dynasy INN and Dynasty Resort,

I read that there is major construction around Dynasty Inn , are there any quiet rooms or do they all get construction noise?

Dynasty Resort looks nice on the website and I know its a little far from the action,
but is it nice for the price ? 990 baht?

I am staying at Dynasty in BKK and can use there shuttle bus to get there,

Thanks for your advise

Samby
11-04-04, 09:02
Hey guys,

Heading to LOS on December 15th. Have been looking at Hotel prices for normal corporate type hotels (ie Marriott, Hilton, etc (NOT luxury resorts). I haven't seen a single room for less than $150 - $250 USD. If my math is right, that's like up to 10,000baht! I see all kinds of posts here for suppossedly 4 star hotels for like 900-1200 baht. What am I missing here?

Thx for your help!

Samby

BTW: What's with this 18% tax on all rooms in LOS!#^&@#^*^!!!!! Yikes!

Alex P Keaton
11-04-04, 17:13
I also recommend the Roof Garden Inn. I stayed there for 10 days in October at 650 baht per night. The room is medium-sized, but the bed is big, and the shower is especially large and is glass-enclosed. The desk staff was helpful and spoke decent English, and the maids kept the room very clean. The air conditioning, digital safe, cable TV, and mini-refrigerator all worked fine, and there was plenty of hot water. The hotel is on Thappraya Road about halfway between South Pattaya and Jomtien Beach on the baht bus route. From the hotel to Pattaya, just stand in front of the hotel and catch any northbound baht bus. From Pattaya to the hotel, just stand on Second Road (the part that has two-way traffic, not the one-way part) and catch any southbound baht bus. The hotel's website is http://www.roofgardeninn.com/

John
11-10-04, 11:50
I am staying at Diamond Beach hotel, which I found out about from reading this forum. I stayed at the same hotel last April as well. I think for those who just need a place to bring a girl at night and are looking for convenience of the location this hotel can not be beat.

The hotel is located right on beach street just next to Super Baby. It has great staff and as per the price it is 750 Bhatt per night inclusive of American breakfast. I did not do any booking in advance and went straight to the hotel and price quoted was 750 Bhat. I just had to ask them to include American Breakfast as last time i paid similar price without breakfast. There is no problem whatsoever with bringing in the girls here.

John

DanTheMan
11-11-04, 06:52
HI guys,

I need a bit of help. I am about to book a holiday to Thailand (for next easter - Bkk + Pattaya)), and have some questions that I would like an independant opinion on.

Here goes;

1. when i go to Pattaya, I'm wanting to book into the Montein Hotel. Once again anyone stayed here before that can give me a run down on the joint? Girl policy, good location, food etc.

Thanks guys. You can either post in here, or PM me. If anyone needs info on the AUstralian scene, (Melbourne), let me know.

Dan

Gus69
11-11-04, 10:10
Dan,

If I were you I wouldn't stay at The Montien Pattaya.

It's quite a nice hotel although the rooms are a bit worn, however there is a 800baht joiner fee per night.

I stayed there earlier in the year and although I booked and paid for a double still got hit for 800.

The next night I stayed out with a TG, you should have seen the look on receptions faces when i came back about 1130am and asked for my room key.

SexReview
11-11-04, 11:57
Dan,

While the food and service is great at the Montein, the hotel is a little high on price and not really girl friendly. Many Asian families stayimng at the hotel. You could find several hotels better for playing with the girls. Read through this thread, most have been posted about.

Also you said during Easter, does Easter this year fall between April 12 ad April 19th? If so welcome to Waterworld Pattaya, AKA Songkan. If you don't want to be wet all the time, re-book to different dates. Songkan can be fun for a few hours or a day but then it gets very thin. Not being able to go anywhere without being hit with water and more water.

Hope this doesn't throw a wet blanket on your trip.

Sexview

Tattooed Guy
11-11-04, 13:42
Hi,

I'd like to know if some of you have stayed in the Honey Inn or Diana Inn? Are they guestfriendly and value for money? I'm going for a month in december, I stayed in Sabai Lodge twice before and was happy there but looking for something cheaper this time. Or does anybody has any other ideas for a month with the same facilities as Sabai Lodge and guestfriendly?

Thanks in advance.

Tattooed Guy
11-11-04, 13:48
Horatio,

Sabai Lodge is perfect but don't go for the cheapest rooms, 850, cause they're behind the parking and can be noizy in the morning, all the rest is perfect, just the airco can make some noice. But very girlfriendly and so is the staff.

El Culion
11-12-04, 06:49
Hey guys,

Hopefully you can help me with this one.

During the past Christmas holidays I stayed at the Inn Town, a hotel in Soi Honey Inn (Soi 10?) in South Pattaya that was quite to my likening. I liked it better than the other hotels in the same price level that I stayed in before (Apex, Diana Inn, Sewasdee, Sunshine etc.)

Since I already have my bags packed for another visit to LOS I need to make a reservation a this hotel, but I haven’t got an email address or telephone number. I searched the forum but couldn’t find any information and a Google search hasn’t proven successful either. Who can help me get hold of the hotel’s email address or telephone number?

Much obliged for helping me out!

Mandrake04
11-12-04, 10:06
How easy is it to walk into a hotel in pattaya and get a room for a few nights with out having booked before hand? And if anyone has done this what hotels do you recomend?

Terry Terrier
11-13-04, 08:00
El Culion

The phone no is: +66 38 420696701 (if it doesn't work, try it without the 701 on the end).

The address is: 506/159 Pattaya 2nd Road, Soi 10, Pattaya 20260.

The email is: info@intownholiday.com

Domino
11-13-04, 08:32
http://www.pattayatourism.com/hotels.shtml
http://www.pattayainfo.com/hotels.html
http://www.pattayanet.com/Pattayas%20Hotels/hotelindex.htm
http://www.thaiview.com/biz/hotel_pataya.php

You will find that hotel, along with many others, in the above lists. If you ever wondered how Terry Trll and others come up with addresses, now you know. Feel free to copy and paste this, with other links, into future posts. Otherwise we will just have a list of hotels here, soemthing which is freely available.

walk ins: Obviously depends on the price bracket you are aiming at, time of arrival etc. If you must do it, head to a good location like Apex Hotel and start walking and knocking. Not recommended late at night or under the mid day sun.

El Culion
11-14-04, 00:19
Thanks Terry,

Now I see why I couldn't find any information on the Net: the Spelling.

"In Town", whereas I was looking for "InN Town".

What a difference one superfluous letter can make!

El Culion
11-14-04, 00:26
Mandrake04,

Don't try to do this in during the Christmas holidays. You'll be in for quite a hard time and put up with something you'd never had imagined! I speak from experience.

slipperysi
11-29-04, 09:04
Has anyone stayed at the White Rose 1, or 2 near Walking Street? Any info on these places would be greatly appreciated.

The Traveler
11-29-04, 20:42
Tattoed Guy

I have stayed at one of the Diana Group hotels a couple of years ago. Don't remember the exact name, but as far as I know all hotels of the Diana group are girl-friendly.

The Traveler
11-29-04, 20:51
Slipperysi

one of my friends used to stay at the White Rose. Location is great, close to the action at Second Rd. not far from Walking Street and of course girl-friendly. He preferred rooms without windows due to lack of noise, aircon was quite old and the rooms a bit worn down but ok for the money. I always needed some time to get used to the red carpet which really hurt my eyes :D
Info might be outdated, cause this was about 7 years ago, but if they had no renovation in between I would avoid it.

Zero Charisma
12-05-04, 20:03
I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced a hotel demanding a cash deposit on check in and then refusing to return the deposit on check out.

This is what happened to me at the hotel "Charlies Place" on Soi Buchaow, Pattaya, which is otherwise a really nice place to stay.

When I checked in they asked me for a Bht1000 deposit and payment in advance for 2 nights. I had no problem with this because I was staying for a week. But when I checked out they refused to give me back the deposit unless I could show them the receipt showing I paid a deposit! I was lucky that I was able to find the receipt.

I was amazed that a fairly large and well known hotel would try this kind of fraud and was wondering if this is common in Thailand.

Duniawala
12-06-04, 17:25
ZC

First time I have heard of it. Never even had to pay deposit in advance. I usually get travel agents, in person or via websites, to book rooms.

Duni

The Traveler
12-07-04, 00:23
Zero Charisma

never happened to me as well, sometimes only deposit for safe key.
But why is it a rip off if they just ask for a receipt ? They did pay it back when providing the receipt without any discussion, right ?
Sure, they want to know if you really paid the deposit at check in or if the receptionist forgot to charge you.

Zero Charisma
12-07-04, 04:30
On my three trips to LOS I have been asked for a deposit at nearly every hotel I have checked in at. Maybe thats because I look young (around 18), I dont know.

The receptionist at Charlies Place agreed that I had paid a deposit, so demanding a paper receipt seemed like a tactic to avoid reimbursment.

In fact she was trying very hard to avoid the topic of the deposit. She tried to get me to pay my outstanding balance without putting the deposit against it.

Whats wrong with them requiring a receipt, you say?
Well, no hotel requires you to prove with receipts, payments you have already made? If you stayed at a hotel and paid the first night in advance and when you checked out they asked you to prove that you had in fact paid already or you would have to pay again, wouldnt you be pissed?

No, theres no doubt in my mind this was an attempt to defraud me of Bht1000. The only thing Im wondering is if it is a standard hotel practice or if the receptionist was going to pocket it herself.

Scampy
12-07-04, 17:30
Easter is the last weekend in March next year.

The Traveler
12-07-04, 19:23
Zero Charisma

as I have already said, it never happened to me, so it's not a standard. Maybe the receptionist tried to keep it for herself, just as you say.

Regarding deposit : might be your age, the way you dress and behave or hotel policy.

Regarding receipt : if it isn't hotel policy and if there is no note about it (remember, a deposit is not equal to a payment in advance) you definitely have to provide a receipt. But your story indeed sounds suspicious.
It also depends on the quality of the hotel, something like that would hardly ever happen in an upscale 4* or 5* hotel.

Tattooed Guy
12-08-04, 11:37
Traveler,

Thanks, I'm staying in Sabai Lodge again, they gave me a fair deal and I like it here.

Migrant One
12-08-04, 20:07
Tattoed Guy,

Don't know the last time you were at Sabai. I was there 3 weeks ago and it was good, except I was in the new wing.

Great room, people, etc except the construction is still going on. Minor hammering starting around 8 in the morning, maybe tough for light sleepers getting in at 4!

Although that hammering starts a rythym that you can get your sweetie to match

Shamas
12-12-04, 11:51
I stayed there one night, excellent location and facilities. If you get the FLB discount it's a great deal.

It has two pools and is on the road to Joimtien Beach. They also own the Joimtien Boathouse Hotel.

Shamas

Shamas
12-12-04, 12:01
I spent a week at the Inn of the Golden Crab on Soi 13, just off of Beach Road. They have a nice pool and the location is very good. A Brit owns the place and his Thai wife runs it. Both are really nice and take care of the place. During the high season a one bed room was 5,500 Bt + gas and electric for a week.

Soi 13 was quiet and well situated, walking street was a 10 minute walk, Mikes Department store was 2 minutes the other direction. Some of the Bars on Soi Post Office (13/2) were nice.

There's a seafood resturante across the street with a great full English Breakfast for 120 Bt. A legit MP is right next door, great girls, great rubs. I also ate at the Berliner Bistro just up the street, best German food I've had since I left Germany.

Shamas

Draco
12-13-04, 06:57
Stayed there in Oct 04

Very happy with the place. New rooms, spacious and clean. I liked that it was on a relatively quiet street halfway between the bars on Soi 7 and Walking Street.

Make sure you reserve a room away from the construction area. By now it may be starting to get quiet with the building starting to be enclosed.

Price 990 bhat regular room, 1200 deluxe.

Drawback - small pool on top. No safe in room.

Plus - pay for 2 nites and you get a free transport from the Bangkok Dynasty to the Pattaya Dynasty. Friendly staff. No problems bringing ladies up.

Never really ate at the hotel, so many choices around.

Coolboy
12-17-04, 17:14
Hi all,

This is my second Short visit to Pattaya.

I will be there on 23rd Dec; I went through the last 6 months reports and collected some details regarding hotel and other information.

Here I short listed hotels which is less than or equal to 1000 B, if guys have any further information please PM me, I will include in the list.

I will be staying in Pattaya for 3 nights and Bangkok 2 nights, I didn’t book the hotels yet, I am planning to do so at the earliest.

I will attach the Pattaya report in Pattaya hotels area.

Thanks and Regards to all.

Coolboy

Horatio
12-22-04, 04:05
Roof Garden Inn is a nice hotel. It costs 750 baht. It is between Pataya and Jomtien. Mr Chan's is just down from Roof Garden, in the same grouping. It costs 500 baht a night, with a discount by the week. The mattress is lumpy. Both hotels have friendly people and I would reccomend both. I dont know how they compare to other hotels in the area for more money. By the way Mr Chan's is also an art gallery.

Horatio

World Tracker
12-24-04, 09:04
Hello,

Tyr out this link, it gives you very good prizes and a wide range..

http://www.pattayacity.com/pattaya/hotels.html

Dazzla
12-31-04, 07:38
Hello everyone,

I would just like to ask about hotels in Pattaya. I have stayed in Bangkok before and i am making my first trip to Pattaya this coming March. I usually stay at the Majestic Suites in Bangkok, and i am looking for something centrally located, girl friendly for a price of 1000bht. I was thinking of staying at Sabai Lodge but i get the feeling reading the posts that it might not be central. Any help would be appreatiated.

Cheers

Dazzla

Draco
01-05-05, 10:12
Dazzla,

I enjoyed the Dynasty Inn in Pattaya. During high season the rate is 1200, but the building is new and the rooms are fresh and clean. Location is on Soi 13, which is a quieter street, but still well situated between Soi 7/8 (which can get very noisy) and Walking street. The hotel has a lousy pool, but I wasn't there for that.

I'll be there about Jan 23 for a fortnight. Anyone care to meet up?

Draco

M Monroe
01-06-05, 03:47
Hi guys,

Going to Pattaya mid February, and looking for a nice place around $80. The Long Beach Garden Hotel and Spa looked good on the web. So did the Royal Cliff. Has anybody ever stayed in any of these?

Any other hotels that fall into this price would be good also.

MM

Shamas
01-06-05, 14:04
I stayed at the Inn of the Golden Crab on soi 13, it was 5500BT for a week, AC & CTV included. For some reason I wasn't charged for electricity nor gas which is an added fee.

Soi 13 was very quiet yet very active. Good resturants, expecially breakfast at the seafood place towards walking street. The Berliner Bistro is an excellent German resturant, I ate there quite often.

Walking street is a 10 minute walk, Mikes shopping center is a 2 minute walk and there are plenty of action bars in the area.

Shamas

Mojito Cool
01-06-05, 15:00
Hello,

I'm new on this forum, but I relly anjoy reading you all.

I'm going to Thailand for 10 days and stay in a freinds house (he lives there) and I wanted to rent a hotel from Time to time to have girls.

Wath will you think is the easiest?

Are evrey hotel accepting you with girls?

When I find a nice girl can you just go in any hotel and ask for a room even if you not gone use it the all night?

THX

Mojito Cool

Migrant One
01-06-05, 15:00
Hello everyone,
I was thinking of staying at Sabai Lodge but i get the feeling reading the posts that it might not be central. Any help would be appreatiated.

Cheers

Dazzla

I stayed at Majestic in BKK and Sabai in Pattaya, rooms both comparable.

Sabai is on Soi 2, far from Walking street, but there is no shortage of bars, soapies, gogo's and, of course, ladies nearby.

Soi2-3 has dozens of small bars, soi 6 is similar to Soi Cowboy in BKK, although a smaller scale.

The little buses make it very easy to get around so getting to Walking street is easy.

I'd repeat Sabai on a future trip personally.

migrant

Member #4351
01-12-05, 20:46
This hotel has been highly recommended to me. Stayed at Eastiny Place last trip but ready for a change. Does anyone know anything about it?

JuiceSpike
01-12-05, 23:58
In Pattaya, soi 6 has a number of bars all with many girls and all have rooms for fucking that is included in the final price... I think it is 750 for the girl and the room but can't remember... I never keep receipts :D

juice

Speed Touch
01-13-05, 00:00
Hey,

I had a look at their rooms last timem, although I stayed at Dynasty next door. Its on Soi 13 so a good location.

Seemed like a good hotel, but they fluctuate the prices since they were new. First they quoted 1800, but a week later quoted 1200 - weird. New hotel, rooms seemed clean and they must be GF too. Also you can rent a DVD player for 100bh per night extra if you want.

Get the room for less than 1500 and I'd say go for it.

ST

Member #4351
01-14-05, 22:51
OK..thanks..Since I'll be staying more than a week, I'll see if I can bargain them down.

Zos68
02-06-05, 13:47
Hi Guys,

I should cover this hotel here even though a lot of info is posted on the Pattaya thread.

The place does cost more than a lot of places in Pattaya but the service is GREAT!!. Definately GF and they go out of their way to help you. The food is great (they serve prime Aussie steaks at the pool). They help with internet connection in room and it only costs 10 baht as per a local call for your laptop. Electronic room safe. Basically everything you would get at a 5 star hotel.

Room service is excellent and fast. Your "visitor" can swim in the pool as long as your with her.

I didn't try the in house massage so don't really know if they do "extras" but suspect not.

You can probably book through an agent and get cheaper prices as I did but this place has to be one of the better hotels I've ever stayed in (and I've been to a few).

Its at the north end of Beach Road but not really far from the action. 5 min walk max from your room to the nearest bar.

Obviously I recommend the place and will stay there again.

zos

Csincontrol
02-10-05, 12:44
I stayed at Dynasty Inn back in Nov, it was nice and girl friendly. I will be comming back in April, I am wondering if there are any nice girl friendly places, close to the action with a bathtub? I really liked the location of Dynasty on Soi 13. Also looking for something nice in Bangkok for the first few days. I tried the Dynasty in Bangkok last time but was not really impressed. I am meeting a friend in Bangkok for the first 3 days and want to stay sopeplace nice with her.

Thanks

Roaming Rob
02-19-05, 02:06
Just returned from another trip to Pattaya. I think if you can get into Dynasty Inn on Soi 13 you will be pleased. The Sandy Spring (I think that is the name) is just down the street from the Dynasty Inn it also appears to be a very nice hotel.

I have stayed at the Sunbeam on Soi 8 which is another nice palce but can at times get a little loud depending on which side of the Hotel you are on. Also it is hit and miss with having to pay for you guest for the night. Maybe best to always book the room as a double that way you can at least argue that you already paid for two people.

Have stayed in the Beverly off of 2nd Road and it was so so. The beds were way to soft for my liking and the staff was friendly but they too at times wanted you to pay for your guest for the night. It is really close to walking street but far enough away that it is nice and quite.

Then I have stayed at the low end of the scale off. The Honey Inn is off of Soi 10 I think it was. The price was great. Very GF and the staff super nice. The room lacked a proper working AC. You either froze to death or you suffered the heat and humidty. But for I think 500 baht I really could not complain.

I have tried to get the Sunshine the times I have gone to Pattaya but they have always been booked full. So, it must be a good place to stay. You definetly cannot beat the location slap dab in the middle of Soi 8 with Soi 7 only a shortcut walk away.

If you are going to be in Pattaya a long time I have heard good things about the Inn of the Golden Crab on Soi 13. Very reasonable rates from what I have been told.

Hope this helps someone,
Rob

Member #2041
02-19-05, 02:19
I just got back from Thailand, and I stayed at the Sunbeam. I had no problem bringing a lady back to the room, but I only did it twice (I was only there one night).

IMHO, the Sunbeam's location on Soi 8 is perfect for the hobbyist, it's basically in the midst of dozens of lady bars.

Noise was not a problem, and the room was good sized, with a fridge and safe in the room. Bathrooms were somewhat dumpy, but overall, the room did it's job. IMHO, for under $50 a night complete (I paid $45 through asia-hotels), it's a reasonable place, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it's level of quality.

Capt JB
02-21-05, 01:55
I have been looking at the Sunshine Vista serviced apartments on various hotel websites. This place looks very nice for the money. Anyone stayed there? Any joiner fees?

The Traveler
02-26-05, 10:48
I have been looking at the Sunshine Vista serviced apartments on various hotel websites. This place looks very nice for the money. Anyone stayed there? Any joiner fees?.
Capt JB,

I have stayed there a couple of times and even posted a report about a year ago with pics. Make a forum search in this section. The rooms are neither small nor big, just ok, bathrooms are extremely small, separate shower and bathtub and in between the toilet but all very clean. Rooms have a small electronic safe, mini bar, tv and balcony, some have a microwave and some basic kitchen stuff.

On the roof there is an ok pool and you got enough space for a sunbath.

It's definately girl-friendly, brought sometimes two or even threee girls with me, absolutely hassle free, they even offered me some more towels.

Only downturn was the annoying noise from the construction nearby, that's why I left. They also have quite thin walls.

Most (longtime) guests are japanese who work at Laem Chabang and around Pattaya. They are silent and cause no trouble, but a few farangs got no manners and are quit loud sometimes.

BTW, some rooms have a really nasty attribute. The automatic switch which starts and stops the compressor of the AC automatically depending on room temperature makes an extremely loud noise which could wake up a dead body. It sounds like something is hitting the ceiling very hard. I complained about it, but they were not able or willing to fix it.

All in all good value for money IF the construction nearby is finished and IF you get a room with a silent AC relay. If you are deaf you might like it anyway, otherwise stay away.

Nefarious
02-27-05, 05:50
With limited time reamining to make a reservation and nearly all of the hotels that seemed good already booked, I was at the last minute able to get a room at Sunbeam Hotel. Overall, I think it was a good hotel, but I am sure many others are better. If I remember correctly, the price was about $45 USD per night. I think this is a bit too expensive considering the competition in the area, but it was nicer than many in the area and I prefer a nicer place.

PROS
The room was clean and the maids were friendly and even gave extra towels and bottled water free for the asking. The shower was great and hot water was never a problem. The room had a in-room electronic safe, which was perfect for keeping the cash safe. They have a very nice free breakfast downstairs (including American and other breakfast foods). I've attached pictures of the room, pool, and front desk staff. The hotel is in a great location. It is close to countless bars. You can walk to more bars and see more girls than you will have time to see in a week. Bringing back any number of girls at a time is no problem. The Thai men that work at the pool bar (yes there is a bar IN the pool) are friendly and seem excited to hear of our adventures. They seemed to take great pleasure in hearing about my adventures in Pattaya although they were more interested in Japanese girls than any Thai girl. It just goes to show that we all want what we can't or don't have at home.

CONS
300 baht joiner fee. Since I enjoyed everything else about the hotel, I tried to overlook it, but it still got under my skin. It is the principle more than the money.

I'd recommend this hotel if the other hot hotels are booked or if paying the joiner fee doesn't bother you.

Anyone have a suggestion for me for another hotel in Pattaya for April? I want a place with all the good things that Sunbeam has, but without the joiner fee and about the same or cheaper price.

Freeler
02-27-05, 09:33
Nefarious,

There are B800 ($20 your money) rooms available that look a lot like your room.

Next time, just book a room for 1 or 2 nights and go scouting. Start aroud 10.30 am and keep on going till 2 pm or so, so around check out time. Check out any place that looks like a hotel. And look at every room you can.
Even in Pattaya prices start at B200 for a night. You never know how low you can go:).

Joiner fee B300? Short time rooms start at B150....

Boy Toy
03-05-05, 14:19
I am planning to stay in one of these places when I arrive in Pattaya.

Any idea how this is? Is it GF?

Please reccomend? Also is Jomtien futher away from Pattaya or close by? Any experiences?

Boy Toy

Dinghy
03-05-05, 17:03
Capt - 2 schools of thought on remaining in BKK for the night vs going to P'ya - true, the flight DOES get in late, but IF you find someone to share the cab with to P'ya you are there and don't have to spend a short night and a bus ride later. Depending, rooms are less expensive in P'ya so it's a toss up.

Thing is, you will arrive too late into P'ya to get much except left overs anyway (beer bars are still open pretty much, tho). Personally, I go there because I usually have things to do in the AM the next day so I sort of don't want to spend the 2 hours on the bus in the AM after a short night sleep

IF you do decide to stay in BKK, there is an airport bus that makes the run to Suk for 100B (last bus goes at 1am or so) - out the doors to where the taxi kiosk is but turn left and there is a bus kiosk as well. Not much additional time, cheaper than a taxi but IF you go to Suk, you will get off on the nORTH side of the road (don't remember whether odd or even soi - the only way across is to take either the pedestrian bridge (with bags, a bit tiring) or up and over thru the skytrain entry. You can take the skytrain to the Ekkamai stop and go to the bus terminal from there - get express bus or spend an extra hour on the milk run.

Freeler
03-05-05, 18:18
Dinghy,

Bringing that up again confirms that you are no 'persona non gratta':D!

Capt JB
03-05-05, 22:28
By the time I get to BKK I will have been on planes for about 20 hours so I think I will settle in there for the night before it is to late to find a nice looking lady. I know my way around BKK pretty well but have never been to Pattaya so I will probably get a cab there the next morning after a little rest.

Dinghy
03-06-05, 07:32
Free - nah - it shows that I have a good memory :-) and no ^ without using a character map

Capt - might as well ride the bus from Ekkamai - about 1/20 of the price (80 versus about 1600B - maybe 1200) IF you get the express bus, it takes about the same amount of time - the only issue is that you will have to cab (actually baht bus or motosai) from the bus station to your chosen abode (maybe 40B tops). The bus station is AT THE BASE OF THE STEPS FROM Ekkamai BTS stop. The worst thing that might happen is that the bus would be full (reserved seats) and you would have to wait another 30 minutes. You WILL like P'ya (like the guy on TV - I GUARANTEE IT!)

Play1k
03-06-05, 15:32
Hi all,

I have the choice of Pattaya as following , need your advice for which one is good up to now.

Welcoem Plaza / Golden Beach / Century Pattaya / The Champ / Camelot / Sunbeam / Royal Palace / Markland / Royal Twin Palace / Siam Bayview / Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa / Hard Rock / ........

Thanks a lot.

Naughty
03-06-05, 22:31
Hello everyone,

I'm Naughty, and I've been lurking for while--thought it was time I joined in the discussion.

I'll have more to add; I've travelled to LOS and much of Aisia for years and years, but for now I would just like to suggest to play1k that he probably ought to spend a little while reading the forum and maybe visiting a few of the hotel booking sites linked within to narrow his query (which is mirrored by one in the BKK hotels string) down some.

The answer is here somewhere, I just can't seem to remember where!!!!

Coma Boy
03-13-05, 10:12
So, what's the lowdown on the Hard Rock?

Any problems bringing in guests?

Dazzla
03-17-05, 04:22
well i've just returned home and have the leaving los depression. after 2 weeks in thailand it is hard to adjust to normal life. i spent a week staying at the areca lodge, and after searching this and other forums i was very happy with my choice. located on soi dianna inn i found this to be one of the friendliest hotels i have ever stayed at, all staff were great. having worked in many hotels i am quite particular about service and cleanliness. at 1190bht a night, i know you can find cheaper places about but with 2 pools and a great breakfast i thought it was a bargain. totally girl friendly and in a great location, a 2 minute walk to [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) and just down the road from the kiss cafe and mikes shopping mall. about a fifteen minute walk to walking street but we just jumped on the back of a scotter for 20baht and were soon enjoting the sights. nice clean rooms overlooking the pool. you can get a standard room for a little less, maybe 900baht without the pool view. if anyone has any questions you can just pm me and i will be happy to respond.

Dangerous Dan
03-20-05, 08:49
In late January I was in Thailand for a short stopover and decided to stay in Pattaya for my brief visit. I had been in Pattaya 10 years ago and thought it was a shithole with only the girls making it ok. So I decided to stay at the Hard Rock hotel in the hope that it would make my stay better.

I stayed in a Kings Club room on the top floor. The room was very comfortable and Kings Club guests had access to a separate room on the 9th floor for breakfast and for coffee/tea throughout the day.

The pool was sensational, large and had a real sand beach at one end where the swim up bar was. I found myself spending most of my daytime hours at the pool.

I still think that Pattaya is a shithole but the Hard Rock hotel and the girls made my stay enjoyable to the point that I almost like Pattaya now.

To hopefully save hassles, I had booked my room for two persons. When I bought guests back to the hotel, security directed us to the reception desk to register my guest, who’s ID they kept. They seem to check two computer systems, so I guess they were checking if I had paid for two and perhaps they were also checking if my guest has caused trouble in the past?

When my guests left, the reception called to check it was ok for my guest to leave.

The hotel was a bit expensive, but well worth it for a short stopover.

DD

Bastax33
03-29-05, 03:54
I've been to Pattaya twice and both times I stayed at Dynasty Inn on Soi 13. They offer free transportation from Bangkok if you stay two nights. The hotel is fairly new, rooms were clean and in good condition. The staff was friendly and no joiner fees. About 990 Baht a night. Definitely recommend.

Headed for Pattaya in May and thought I might try a different hotel. The Flipper group is offering a deal pay for 5 nights and get 2 free. I ran a search here but the last info is back in 2002. Does anyone have any current information on the hotel? Is it still girl friendly, have decent rooms, and good service? Is the lodge better than the house? Any negatives to staying there? Thanks for the help.

Anon Sailor
04-05-05, 04:21
Does anyone have any comment(s) about the Pinewood Residences?

Speed Touch
04-05-05, 19:40
just a few comments on my stay here. i checked in around march 22/23 and stayed for 10 days. i've stayed here before last august and had a delux room for 1200baht. since this was peak season it was 1200 for a standard and 1400 for the delux. i went with the standard.

capt jb also checked in here after seeing a few other hotels. unfortunately he found a dead cockroach with a lot of ants having a feast in the cupboard. the dynasty receptionist offered him a can of spray to help matters.
needless to say he checked out the next day.

i stayed but throughout my stay i had problems with ants in the bathroom. the dynasty offered a can of spray to help - but i asked them to do the deed. after a day or two the ants kept on coming back. i asked to change rooms but the only rooms they had left were on the side where there was construction work.

1200 baht peak season and 990 baht in low season is a good price. i don't think you can get better at this price - but watch out for the bugs.

speed touch

Draco
04-10-05, 10:50
Arriving in Bangkok Wed night, April 13 - approx 8:50PM. A friend mentioned that you can get a good deal on a cab to Pattaya for about 800 bhat by going to the upstairs departures area and grabbing a cab doing a drop off. When you find one that came from Pattaya, you'll need to work some to get them below 1000 bhat.

Any takers?

Prefer to head to Pattaya than spend the night in BKK.

Now, hotels. Anybody ever hear of BJs on/near beach road?

My regular - Dynasty, has clean spacious rooms, good location on Soi 13. Drawbacks - it is not cheap - 1200. There are inside rooms and rooms next to the construction that I can do without. The pool on the roof is way too small.

Someone mentioned a new hotel on Soi 13, just down from AA (almost across from Sandy Springs). Rooms looked good and the rate was better than Dynasty. Anybody know the name of it? I'd like to check them out.

Capt JB
04-17-05, 09:39
I moved to the Marriott Resort for 5 nights. This place is 1st class. Room had a balcony which overlooked their beautiful pool area. They were very girl friendly furnishing extra towels, shampoo, conditioner ect and the food was great. They have a really 1st class buffett breakfast which is one of the best I have seen. The hotel is connected to a large 3 floor mall which has a good steak house plus a number of other fast food outlets.

The Marriott is in easy walking distance of Walking street and is located right on Beach Rd. Huge pool with swim up bar and great service.

Ben2
04-17-05, 11:38
I moved to the Marriott Resort for 5 nights. This place is 1st class. Room had a balcony which overlooked their beautiful pool area. They were very girl friendly furnishing extra towels, shampoo, conditioner ect and the food was great. They have a really 1st class buffett breakfast which is one of the best I have seen. The hotel is connected to a large 3 floor mall which has a good steak house plus a number of other fast food outlets.

The Marriott is in easy walking distance of Walking street and is located right on Beach Rd. Huge pool with swim up bar and great service.What was the price for your stay at the Marriott 5 nights? I am thinking of trying it. Thanks!

Johnnie
04-18-05, 21:18
Nefarious, On Post # 131- Sunbeam Hotel

I have found that just about all the Hotels listed on these last few pages +/-, are as good as or better than the Sunbeam. Yes, the breakfast offered is good but again the others are equal. An if price is to be considered, It's a rip-off. The joiner fee, which the staff attempts to collect even if you paid for a Double turns me off totally, your correct on the principle of it, I find it unacceptable. The Sunshine Hotel & Res., just across the street (Soi 8) where the Rate is half that/per day of the Sunbeams, is very similar. It also offers off-season discounts (like paying for 6 days on a 7 day stay) and includes full breakfast, perhaps not as much food, but good. No Joiner Fee-- Check In as double. Try it for 1/2 the price. Others in same area appear very good also... I don't remember the names. Bit upscale is the Bay View at the very south end of walking Street, Great food and not as high ($) as Hard Rock, which is great also but a little to high for a extended stay. At least for me (7- 21 days at a time).

Racer07
04-21-05, 07:23
I am heading to Pattaya in mid-may for 5 days, my first trip to LOS. I want to stay at a really nice hotel, I am not on a tight budget. I was thinking about the Hard Rock or Marriot, but after reading the post below, I am concerned about the HR and bringing girls in. Do all the really nice hotels make you stop everytime on the way in with your guest? I plan to have a lot of fun hopefully have mutiple guests at once... Is the Marriot easier going on guests? Can anyone suggest another nice hotel of that quality if they are as strict?

Thanks,

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm really excited and want to get the most out of this trip.

Marc25
04-21-05, 22:08
the marriott is no problem and connected to a nice mall where you can easily pull a girl in for a short time ,it has the best location and i have never ever heard a peep from the staff except to say hello . the buffet is great and there is a great thai massage on the street side, he ocean is out the door and the health club and swimming pool are top class,internet is next door in the mall and the rooms are big , only thing the bathroom is small but the thai servive is fantastic, had extra water and towels every day , email me when you are there as i plan to go back in three weeks or so.

EmailKid
04-22-05, 04:37
I was thinking about the Hard Rock or Marriot, but after reading the post below, I am concerned about the HR and bringing girls in. Do all the really nice hotels make you stop everytime on the way in with your guest?

Probably not as important in Thailand, but still, I've never minded having the girl's ID at the desk.

EMK

Capt JB
04-23-05, 04:49
Race,

It's hard to beat the Marriott Resort in Pattaya. Probably best pool in Thailand with swim up bar & beautiful grounds. Very girl friendly. I had girls running around the pool area in thongs and no one said a word. The food is great here plus the hotel is attached to a large mall with more eatting and shopping choices.

I am heading to Pattaya in mid-may for 5 days, my first trip to LOS. I want to stay at a really nice hotel, I am not on a tight budget. I was thinking about the Hard Rock or Marriot, but after reading the post below, I am concerned about the HR and bringing girls in. Do all the really nice hotels make you stop everytime on the way in with your guest? I plan to have a lot of fun hopefully have mutiple guests at once... Is the Marriot easier going on guests? Can anyone suggest another nice hotel of that quality if they are as strict?

Thanks,

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm really excited and want to get the most out of this trip.

Magna White
04-25-05, 06:11
I am planning to go to Pataya on May. I wonder if there is any hotel with in-room internet service. I have to use my own notebook with internet connection daily. I had tried a internet cafe but did not work out last time I was there.

Cheers!

Racer07
04-25-05, 18:29
Thanks guys,

The Marriot it is. Now I just need a good choice for my 2 days iN BKK. I was thinking about teh Sheraton or Westin, anyone have any info on either of these?

Capt JB
04-26-05, 02:38
The Marriott has in room internet connection but better yet my wireless laptop picked up a connection for free and I used it during my stay there in March. If you have wireless connection let it search for a free connection to log onto before you buy the hotel's service.

I am planning to go to Pataya on May. I wonder if there is any hotel with in-room internet service. I have to use my own notebook with internet connection daily. I had tried a internet cafe but did not work out last time I was there.

Cheers!

Ed Handy
04-26-05, 08:34
Does anyone have any comment(s) about the Pinewood Residences?Two friends stayed there on my last trip at the end of March. Both were quite pleased with it, the one there a shorter time paid around 1400baht/night from what he said (the other one was there on a monthly rate.) They have in room-internet, and it's a good location from my point of view (.

I didn't see the rooms. I was in the Lek, then the Dynasty; the Lek stank - literally, for lack of non-smoking rooms and a bad airconditioner which had trapped old smoke. Very hard bed at the Lek, overfirm but better at the Dynasty.

Magna White
04-26-05, 09:32
Capt JB,

Many thanks for the tip. I will definitely try my luck with wireless connection. Will report back when I get there.

Cheers!

Ozzie Tukker
05-06-05, 18:07
Does anyone know about Roof Garden inn?

I think it is a bit out of the center, then again not too far. It looks nice on their website, and, as remark there is no guest surcharge?

Anyone opinions about it?

Butt Ugly
05-13-05, 13:32
I am looking for a small condo/apartment in North Pattaya between Beach Road and Second Road. Prefer around Soi 1-2-3-4, would consider Central Pattaya. Will be staying in Pattaya from mid October to the end of April. Looking to pay no more than $500-600 US. Need good cable, phone and hopefully a way to hook into the internet. Anyone willing to share info please include as much contact info as possible. Name, phone number, website, that sort of stuff. Was in Pattaya March 7 thru April 14 guess I should have looked them, but wasn't sure when I could return.

Thanks!

Buzz00
05-13-05, 17:45
Laddie,

I filed a long detailed report on the Roof garden Inn. Please read it. The hotel is closer to Jomtien but a baht bus will get you to town in no time.

Terry Terrier
05-13-05, 19:24
Butt Ugly

Might be worth a look in the classifieds section of Pattaya Mail newspaper:

www.pattayamail.com/mailmarket/

Horatio
05-14-05, 03:27
Does anyone know about Roof Garden inn?

I think it is a bit out of the center, then again not too far. It looks nice on their website, and, as remark there is no guest surcharge?

Anyone opinions about it?I stayed at the Roof Garden Inn in December and it was a nice hotel. The people working there were friendly. I also stayed at Mr Chan's about 100 feet down from Roof Garden and it was nice for an inepensive hotel. The mattress there was uncomfortable, though. I would definetely stay at Roof Garden next time, unless I wanted to save a few baht, then Mr Chan's. I am of the frugal sort though, and would rather spend my money on beer and girls.

Regards Horatiio

Horatio
05-14-05, 03:34
I read buzz04's report after posting mine and wanted to point out one difference. While I was there, the hotel did not require the girl's ID when they stayed. Other than that my experience was the same as Buzz04's. I was there in Dec. 04.

Regards,

Horatio

Mr_Hoffy
05-27-05, 11:56
For the past couple years, I've stayed in Sunshine Hotel & Residence on Soi 8 in their standard and superior rooms.

The Superior rooms are large with a balcony but the space is kind of wasted.

Does anyone know if there are hotel that offer a upgraded rooms with bed and a couch? I find it very sexy doing it on a the couch. I like watching movies with the girls on a couch for the "Long time" overnight option.

It seems that the all the deluxe rooms that the Pattaya hotels are marketing are just bigger with maybe with a better bathroom. I haven't found anything with a couch unless it's a suite which is usually double the standard room cost.

Do anyone know of Hotels with upgraded rooms which love seat or a couch?

Freeler
05-27-05, 19:44
Mr. Hoffy,

Try HighFive at the 2nd Road end of your Soi. Their rooms had couches last time I checked (three years ago or so...:()

Wee Zel
05-28-05, 04:32
Try the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana, great value at 900-1100 baht inc. b'fast. New hotel, clean, 2 pools, girl friendly. To my experience, all hotels in Pattaya in 1000 baht range are girl friendly.

Drowe
05-28-05, 16:42
Both hotels range between 850 to 1100baht.Clean with all the amenities and most important girl friendly.Also close to lots of action from gogos to beer bars.

Dinghy
05-28-05, 17:35
This time of year (low season) Sawasdee has pretty good prices (mostly around Soi 10/2nd road area - one big hotel on Soi Buakhao/Honey Inn - but all in pretty much the same area) For US based folks - a Thai "Motel 6" - clean, inexpensive, relatively comfortable - ** or ***depending on how you rate them

Alex P Keaton
05-28-05, 19:14
I read buzz04's report after posting mine and wanted to point out one difference. While I was there, the hotel did not require the girl's ID when they stayed. Other than that my experience was the same as Buzz04's. I was there in Dec. 04.

I stayed at the Roof Garden Inn in October '04 and gave it high marks in a report that was lost during the server problems that were occurring around that time. Maybe I'll repost all the details someday, but for now, I'll just note that the night desk guy did take my girls' IDs. However, I always steer the girls to the desk for this purpose anyway. It's for your protection so you don't get robbed, extorted, or prosecuted. Likewise, I always walk the girl back down to the lobby and let the desk guy know that everything went fine and it's okay to give her ID back.

Gianni Versace
05-30-05, 04:32
Hi Guys!

Going to Pattaya in July and am looking for a Nice New Clean Cheap Hotel near all of the action in Pattaya. Any assistance woudl be great. If you could PM me I would appreciate it. ALso where in Pattaya is there the most action? North Pattaya, South Pattaya, Pattaya City, or Jomtien Beach! Only going for 3 days and need to make the best of it. THanks in adance

GV

The Traveler
05-30-05, 07:12
Gianni Versace,

that all depends on what is "cheap" for you and if you prefer MPs, bars, gogos, discos and so on.

Give a bit more info on what you look for and don't forget to read the forum.

Member #3173
05-30-05, 10:05
Gianni,

Jomtien is a very quiet place.

Butt Ugly
06-16-05, 01:57
Does any one have contact info on leaseing a condo in the Mark-land Hotel located on Beach road At Soi 1?

The Traveler
06-17-05, 23:33
Does any one have contact info on leaseing a condo in the Mark-land Hotel located on Beach road At Soi 1?
Butt Ugly,

the rates are approx. as follow :

standard room 40sqm (single occupancy) : 1300
standard room 40sqm (double occupancy) : 1500-1600
mini suite 70sqm (single / double) : 2200
family suite 157sqm (2 bed, 1 living, max 4 persons) : 5100

Contact info :
Mark - Land & Spa Pattaya Beach
436/541 North Pattaya Beach Road Soi 1
Pattaya City
Chonburi 20260
Tel : (66 38) 411 203 - 22
Fax : (66 38) 411 221
Email : markland@ptty2.loxinfo.co.th

Sxer
06-18-05, 12:10
Does any one have contact info on leaseing a condo in the Mark-land Hotel located on Beach road At Soi 1?The best way is from the private landlords who also rent out their condos and work out cheaper than the hotel, standard price is 650 - 850 per night depending on the season and also how long you wish to stay, most of them prefer long time rentals.

One contact I have for this is the wife of the American who owns BJ Restaurant, they have some condos for rent Telephone number is (66-38) 421153

Poon Hunter
06-19-05, 06:26
Both hotels range between 850 to 1100baht.Clean with all the amenities and most important girl friendly.Also close to lots of action from gogos to beer bars.Sunshine Hotel is great. I just stayed there for 5 days. Since it is low season, as soon as you go in, ask what the discount is. She originally started at 1300b for the new wing. Then it became 900b x 5 days = 4500b. It is a great hotel. Clean, girl friendly, no bugs, has a pool, central locations. All in all, the best bet.

Last time I stayed at Sunshine Hotel, it was a normal room, and it was 800b. The strange thing was, I think it is the same type of room. Maybe the new wing was a little bigger, but not noticably.

Poon Hunter

Gianni Versace
06-19-05, 07:03
Hello Fellow Mongerers,

Will be in Pattaya sometime in July and was wondering what was the best hotel to stay in for about $50 US Dollars per night (Also Girl Friendly) that is close to all of the gogo bars and all of the action in pattaya. Any Suggestions? Also is it best to book the hotel while in Pattaya or is it best to prebook the hotel in advance? Any help would be great.

Phuquer
06-19-05, 15:43
Gianni, you have to tell us what you mean by great (meaning ammenities). I think the Eastiny Place is great, as there is no hassle there. It is nice and clean, close to all the mongering places, and the breakfast (not included) is pretty good. The rooms are large and clean, and if you get a rear facing room, they are very quiet. Others have different opinions of their favorite place. What do you mean by great? $50US can get you lots of different choices in Pattaya. Eastiny place only cost me $20US per night.

Anon Sailor
06-19-05, 22:28
Gianni,

I just got back from Pattaya two weeks ago. I stayed at the Pinewood Residences, 1550 Baht a day with breakfast, I booked it online at hotelsthailand.com, all of their bookings include an ABF, even if the hotel policy is not to provide one. The PR was very nice, 43 square meters (large, larger rooms available) and a kitchen, the staff was very helpful. I noted that I as the only white guy there, seems the place is for Asians. Since it is a serviced apartment, no problem with the girls, ID only at the desk. The second day they quit asking the gal I was with (4 days) to provide her ID. They even have in room internet access (ethernet outlets, you provide your own laptop) and three computers in the lobby for guest use at a very resonnable rate (1 Baht a minute). Otherwise I had no problems or issues there.

Poon Hunter
06-21-05, 09:41
If you are looking for a higher quality room, the Dynasty Inn is great. They can also arrange for you to get a room at their other hotel in Bangkok. I think she told me you have to stay in Pattaya for 2 nights, then the shuttle is free. NICE, CLEAN, AND QUIT.

If you try to get a room on the weekend, it will be full. I tried last Saturday and was told no more rooms.

Poon Hunter

Mastorr
06-22-05, 16:58
I'm reading different hotels and of course very GF, (Eastiny, Sunshine, Flipper, Dynasty Inn).

My question is:

Are GF even booking single room ? or if necesary to avoid problemes to book a double?

Also, I'm hearing complains about noise in soi 13 (new building).

Any info would be appreciated.

The Traveler
06-22-05, 23:04
mastorr,

in the mentioned hotels - as with most hotels in Pattaya (exceptions like the Royal Cliff left aside) - you just book a room, they do not divide into single and double. Guess they expect you to come back with one or two girls anyway :)
Don't worry, GF in this case means, you do not have to think about it.

Poon Hunter
06-24-05, 09:39
I'm reading different hotels and of course very GF, (Eastiny, Sunshine, Flipper, Dynasty Inn).

My question is:

Are GF even booking single room ? or if necesary to avoid problemes to book a double?

Also, I'm hearing complains about noise in soi 13 (new building).

Any info would be appreciated.I stay at the Dynasty Inn. My balcony is the closest to the construction. It is a little noisy, but nothing bad. I sleep right through it. You can request a room "in the back"

The receptionist at Dynasty Inn said it was 1200b. I told her that my friend said if you stay 4 nights, it is 1000b. The other receptionists agreed. At 1000b, the Dynasty Inn is a steal!

They have a website: http://www.dynastyinn.com/

Poon Hunter

Frimu
06-26-05, 11:56
I stayed at the Roof Garden Inn in October '04 and gave it high marks in a report that was lost during the server problems that were occurring around that time. Maybe I'll repost all the details someday, but for now, I'll just note that the night desk guy did take my girls' IDs. However, I always steer the girls to the desk for this purpose anyway. It's for your protection so you don't get robbed, extorted, or prosecuted. Likewise, I always walk the girl back down to the lobby and let the desk guy know that everything went fine and it's okay to give her ID back.I also stayed there in January 05. The hotel is really good, no extra charge for the girls unless you take several with you as the owner told me.

I can recommend the hotel to anyone. It's three minutes with the baht bus to walking street.

Sabai
06-27-05, 21:22
Does enybody now anything about World Inn Hotel in Bangkok.

Is there any ploblems to bring gils to the hotel.

Dinghy
06-28-05, 05:28
Sabai - you would probably get a response more easily in the BANGKOK HOTELS section - this is for Pattaya

Sabai
06-28-05, 09:16
Sorry,

Sabai

Love Sex 22
06-29-05, 02:48
I am planning trip to Pattaya July 27 . Do I need a reservation for the hotel . Last time I stayed in soi 7 or 8 they were many hotels and I just walked in and got a room . Is this consider a busy season? Are the hotels full .Any help will be appreciated.

Anon Sailor
06-29-05, 06:19
I would, if you know how long you're going to be there, book in advance, you can save some money that way. I book at www.hotelsthailand.com, they often discount the hotels rates and include a breakfast (ABF).

I am planning trip to Pattaya July 27 . Do I need a reservation for the hotel . Last time I stayed in soi 7 or 8 they were many hotels and I just walked in and got a room . Is this consider a busy season? Are the hotels full .Any help will be appreciated.

Alex P Keaton
06-29-05, 11:51

This is low season, and if you were fine without a reservation the last time you went, you should be fine this time.

Mastorr
07-01-05, 10:32
Hi,

I found www.scandibar.com to book Sandy Springs hotel and they have good rates.

Any info or experience about Scandibar?

Thanks

Xpat05
07-03-05, 16:28
I stay at the Dynasty Inn. My balcony is the closest to the construction. It is a little noisy, but nothing bad. I sleep right through it. You can request a room "in the back"

The receptionist at Dynasty Inn said it was 1200b. I told her that my friend said if you stay 4 nights, it is 1000b. The other receptionists agreed. At 1000b, the Dynasty Inn is a steal!

They have a website: http://www.dynastyinn.com/

Poon HunterAlthough I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Dynasty, at 1000 Baht it is neither overprized not a steal. As I am living in Bangkok, I happen to be in Pattaya once in a while. Early last year I frequented the Dynasty Inn for some visits at a rate of 900 Baht incl. free transfer from BKK. Its biggest plus is the quite good location, and the small pool on the roof. The biggest drawback is the carpet in the rooms. Anyway, there are some new(er) hotels (with a little less favorable location) at 600-900 Baht. At 1200 even the Dynasty would be overpriced for Pattaya, especially this time of the year.

Just my 2 cents

Anon Sailor
07-04-05, 03:23
Traveler,

First, most hotels, except a handful, are NOT girl friendly, so I don't understand what do you refer to with your remark that the hotels are being friendly towards lady visitors. It's just another way to bilk the farang out of extra bucks. I've going to Pattaya since 1986. And it's changed.

The Traveler
07-04-05, 19:19
Anon Sailor,

I don't know to which hotels you refer to, but almost all low and middle class hotels are girl friendly in Pattaya, only a few 5 star like the Royal Cliff do charge a joiner fee.

I am visiting LOS/Pattaya since 1984 and never had to pay a joiner fee so far, even in 4-5 star hotels like the Marriott and others.

Your post is just stating the exact opposite of my personal experiences and what has been said in this section over and over again.

Why not name those hotels which you believe/know do charge a joiner fee. It might be a valuable info to others which hotels are NOT girl-friendly.

AliasDonkey
07-05-05, 09:00
Before anyone lights a fire under my ass for asking this question I did read a couple of months of back forums but I need more specific info on what im looking for that can only be confirmed by a first hand account LOL.

Ok here it goes.

Anyone got some recommendation on a 4 star hotel. Basically I’m looking for a hotel with an in room safe for my green backs and communist passport (LOL).

Also in pattaya beach not Jo if possible.

One other thing would prefer not to pay over $50 + - $5 a night.. Not really looking for a cheap hotel. I did that last time at the HiFive, it was ok but want to pamper myself with a upper class room.

Gladiator kill one of my option in that the siam hotel (both of them) are not girl friendly.

Thanks fellow mongers,

And Happy boneing

The Wanderer
07-05-05, 13:25
For Info. The Woodlands Resort in North Pattaya Nr the Dolphin statue is definately not GF.

Anon Sailor,

I don't know to which hotels you refer to, but almost all low and middle class hotels are girl friendly in Pattaya, only a few 5 star like the Royal Cliff do charge a joiner fee.

I am visiting LOS/Pattaya since 1984 and never had to pay a joiner fee so far, even in 4-5 star hotels like the Marriott and others.

Your post is just stating the exact opposite of my personal experiences and what has been said in this section over and over again.

Why not name those hotels which you believe/know do charge a joiner fee. It might be a valuable info to others which hotels are NOT girl-friendly.

Tingle Tree
07-05-05, 14:29
Traveller,

I'm not the world expert on Pattaya but have been there often enough to know my way around.

1. Some hotels, especially for tourists and families do not cater for mongers. I don't book into flop houses.

2. Not every hotel is easily reached by taxi either to or from. For example, I checked out Residence Garden based on good impressions from the website but found getting transport to the night spots a challenge.

3. I fail to understand the logic of your reply. I thought the purpose of this forum was sharing information. If somebody reports on a situation months ago, things can change for the better or worse.

Don't take offense, but when I want 'professional advice', I'll buy a guide book. I'd rather share info with like minded mongers without pontification.

The Traveler
07-05-05, 20:12
AliasDonkey,

a 4 star hotel for just $50 ?
A standard room at the Marriott was about 2.000-2.500 baht as far as I remember and it is definitely GF.

The Traveler
07-05-05, 20:51
Traveller,

I'm not the world expert on Pattaya but have been there often enough to know my way around.

1. Some hotels, especially for tourists and families do not cater for mongers. I don't book into flop houses.

2. Not every hotel is easily reached by taxi either to or from. For example, I checked out Residence Garden based on good impressions from the website but found getting transport to the night spots a challenge.

3. I fail to understand the logic of your reply. I thought the purpose of this forum was sharing information. If somebody reports on a situation months ago, things can change for the better or worse.

Don't take offense, but when I want 'professional advice', I'll buy a guide book. I'd rather share info with like minded mongers without pontification.

Tingle Tree,

I don't take offense but I wonder why you do.

1.) I agree, only SOME hotels cater for tourists and families and not for mongers, but you claimed that MANY hotels aren't girl-friendly which isn't true and gives a wrong impression to newbies.

Guess the Marriott isn't a flop house.

Why not name those girl-unfriendly hotels you know of?

It's a valuable info for everybody in here.

2.) I wasn't talking about every hotel, just said that there are enough girl-friendly hotels close to the major taxi routes (Beach Rd, Second Rd., Central Pattaya Rd. etc.) and therefore easy to reach.
Residence Garden might be out of the way at night but this is just a middle class hotel at best. Didn't you say that you don't stay in that hotel category?

We are like minded mongers and I can name you a dozen of girl-friendly hotels along Beach Rd. and Second Rd. if you want which could be easily reached by taxi day and night.

I also agree that the purpose of this forum is sharing information. I guess many members are keen to know which hotels aren't girl-friendly to avoid them, so I kindly ask you to share your knowledge with us.

Anyway, no insult was intended. Sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way but you seem to have a thin skin.

Anon Sailor
07-05-05, 21:03
I saw the hotel on the way back from a temple and stopped by to check rates and such (BT, the rooms are nothing short of grand!). When I broached the question about how GF they might be, the staff member I was talking to (who spoke English very well) became English impaired, and would NOT answer my question. So much for staying there.

For Info. The Woodlands Resort in North Pattaya Nr the Dolphin statue is definately not GF.

AliasDonkey
07-06-05, 03:57
AliasDonkey,

a 4 star hotel for just $50 ?
A standard room at the Marriott was about 2.000-2.500 baht as far as I remember and it is definitely GF.Well thanks for the info but all (6) the web hotel sites i visited quoted $80 - $129 and im going in aug the slow season wTF LOL dam it.

Anyone got a hotel with a safe in the room that a little up scale.

Terry Terrier
07-06-05, 07:33
Alias Donkey

Have a look at this hotel:

www.sabailodge.com

Several posters, including myself, have stayed there in the last few months and can recommend it. Our reports can be found in this thread.

Frankfurter
07-06-05, 12:44
The Thai-Chinese mogul LK who owns practically every piece of land in Pattaya (OK, slight exagerration) has built an entire city block on the corner of Soi Buakao and Soi Diana Inn.The hotel is called LK Metropole, Serviced Residence, has a nice pool with waterfall, Internet, an excellent sauna and steam room and gym. A restaurant is on the premises, never been there, so I don't know whether it is any good.

Next door is Keerati Lodge, also owned by LK for those of the punters who want to stay longer. You can use the hotel facilities as well. Keerati has Wi-Fi capabilities in all rooms. They clean the room, change sheets etc. every other day. Very reasonable rates for the facility.

Both are brand new, check their web sites and negotiate a price.

Downside: Due to the ongoing "finishing touches" it is still noisy, at night before 2.00 a.m. because of the BB's across, in the morning due to the carpenters and tile people.

But excellent location and facilities.

Frankfurter
07-06-05, 12:46
Oh, I forgot:

They don't care nor charge extra, I guess you could practically bring a donkey home.

Seydlitz
07-06-05, 15:19
The Woodlands Resort in a very nice mid-price hotel, with the luxury rooms very tastefully done, two swimming pools, a great bakery shop etc. Recommended, but bring your own pillow, as I am not surprised to hear that they are not too girl-friendly.

I stayed there last year with my Thai GF, and I had no problem at all. But I checked in with her on day one.

Once, she reported having had a bit of a hassle with the front desk not letting her come in to the room alone with no key. But you could not blame the front desk for doing that anywhere in the world. The only issue was that when the front desk lady tried to call me in the room, I was in the shower, could not come to the phone right away, and she suggested to my GF that maybe "her customer" was not home.

My GF was not pleased.

Amsith
07-06-05, 17:12
Hey ppl,

As a first time visitor to pattaya for just 2 nights cant be taking a chnace with hotel choice. Please suggest if anyone has info regarding the hotels below with respect to Girl friendliness:

Euro Grand Pattaya
Sawasdee Sea View
Cosy Beach
Baiyoke Pattaya
Champ Pattaya
Central pattay
Flipper Lodge
White House resort
Sunshine
Nova Lodge
Royal Palace
Welcome Plaza
Sunbeam

All these hotels are within the budget, please point out GF hotels and what would be the best choice based on your previous experiences.

Cheers

Mastorr
07-06-05, 18:16
Hello,

I'll go to Pattaya next month and I'm doubting to book a room between Dynasty Inn and Sandy Springs Hotel, rates are similar and I suppose both are GF.

Also I heard Soi 13 is now noisy (new building under construction).

Any infor or experience will be appreciated.

The Traveler
07-06-05, 18:39
Amsith,

Champ Pattaya
Flipper Lodge
Nova Lodge
Sunshine
Welcome Plaza

are girl-friendly as far as I know.

The Traveler
07-06-05, 18:46
AliasDonkey,

You should also consider :

Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel And Resort
Superior room Main Wing 1800 baht

Amari Orchid
Superior room 2300 baht

It's quite hard to get a 4 star for just $50 = 2000 baht.
You also have to add the joiner fee (see above) if you don't check in with your girl.

The Traveler
07-06-05, 19:14
Amsith,

I sampled a list of hotels with joiner fee as far as I know them.

A1 Hotel up to 500 Baht
Amari Orchard Hotel up to 500 Baht
Asia Pattaya Hotel up to 600 Baht
Bayokee Hotel 300 Baht
Beverly Plaza up to 300 Baht
Botany Beach Hotel 350 Baht
Camelot Hotel 300 Baht
Ceasar Palace 200 Baht
Central Pattaya Hotel 300 Baht
Central Wongamat 500 Baht
Cholchan Resort 700 Baht
Cosy Beach Hotel 200 Baht
Dusit Resort 1000 Baht
Garden Seaview Hotel 800 Baht
Hard Rock Hotel 900 Baht
Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel 500 Baht
Pattaya Center Hotel up to 300 Baht
Pattaya Garden 400 Baht
Royal Cliff Beach Hotel 600 Baht
Royal Palace Hotel 300-500 Baht
Sawasdee Sea View 200 Baht
Siam Bayshore 800 Baht
Siam Bayview 800 Baht
Sunbeam Hotel 300 Baht
The Montien Hotel 1000 Baht
The Regent Marina Hotel 500 Baht
Tropicana 500 Baht
White House Resort 700 Baht
Woodlands Resort up to 500 Baht

Some of these hotels don't always charge the joiner fee like the Central Pattaya, Sunbeam and Pattaya Garden for example. Don't know why, maybe it depends on the impression you give them, the clerk, sympathy, occupancy or whatever.

If you check in with your girl then no joiner fee has to be paid !

Phuquer
07-07-05, 02:15
As far as Nova Lodge, I stayed there last year. It was OK, and GF, but I the rooms are a bit old and shabby. No lift (although I think it was only 3 floors high). I had a room on the 3rd floor and had to walk upstairs in the heat. The next night we had to leave, as the room was only available for 1 night. We walked to the Eastiny Place, and I found it to be much better. The rooms are more modern, they have an elevator, and it is a little closer to the action (it is right on Soi 8). I always tell everyone that Eastiny Place is a safe bet.

Frankfurter
07-07-05, 04:46
A few years ago I stayed at Koenig Mansion Hotel at the end of Soi Yensabai, corner Soi 18. The hotel is owned and run by a Edi, a German fellow, formerly from Hamburg's red light district. He is very nice, the facilities are extra clean, no joiner fee, no hassle, no questions asked. The rooms are nicely decorated, marble bath, DVD player etc.

Check it out.

http://www.hotelkoenig.com/e-index.htm

Anon Sailor
07-07-05, 04:47
Thanks for the list.

Magna White
07-09-05, 02:55
I check in the Keerati Home Stay yesterday afternoon. For 900B per night, it's quite decent place. But the hotel is not yet fully finished. A lot of jobs going on in day time from 8:30am. And noise from bard nearby untill 2:00am. If you like quiet place, this is definitely not the place. No problem with girl. They know what business they are into.

Abdokard
07-10-05, 11:37
Great Site!

Unfortunately I don't really have time to read due to momitoring restrictions.
So as newbe planning on visting Pattaya mid July I'd be real grateful if some of the pros coul give recommendations on

1) Clean hotel + pool, not more than U$ 50, reasonably quite but not too far from the action.

2) Where is the action??? Any recommendations on bars or girls.

3) What shoudl I pay ST , LT and bar fine.

Cheers

Anon Sailor
07-11-05, 02:41
Abdokard,

I would recommend the Pinewood Residences; you can book them online via www.hotelsthailand.com. The best room is a Superior 43, runs 1550 Baht a day and includes breakfast (a real one, not a “continental” one); the room has a small kitchen with a large refrigerator. The hotel sits off on a side road and is very quiet. Located on 2nd Road between Soi 5 and 6. The hotel staff is very GF.

That would put you in right on the main ST heaven (Soi 6 Yadsak) as well as within walking distance to three of the better soapy parlors. A block or two down 2nd road are two of the largest beer garden complexes in Pattaya. Big-C shopping mall is also within walking distance.

I’d do a few ST first and see how the girls are, then you might pick one out for a LT. Walking to the end of Soi 6 would put you on Beach Road, take a tuk-tuk to Walking street where most of the ago-go bars are.

I cannot recommend anything on Soi 6 specifically, but one can spend hours there just talking with the girls much less getting a ST here or there. I would, in Walking street area recommend the following

Super Girl
Super Baby
Carousel Bar

Hope that helps.

Great Site!

Unfortunately I don't really have time to read due to momitoring restrictions.
So as newbe planning on visting Pattaya mid July I'd be real grateful if some of the pros coul give recommendations on

1) Clean hotel + pool, not more than U$ 50, reasonably quite but not too far from the action.

Cheers

MeatMan
07-17-05, 10:43
guys,

i need a list or a bit of info on most of the hotels in pattaya that carry high speed connection. this answer may have been answered a billion times, so i apologize for my ignorance.

Dinghy
07-17-05, 14:56
mm - if my memory serves me - i don't recall any "comprehensive" list of hi-speed. marriott has been mentioned a couple of times but not much else in-room

Frankypanky
07-17-05, 15:24
How about Mike Orchid Resort??

When I was in Pattaya back in 2004, it was a new hotel. A co-monger from Holland whom I met in the plane stayed there. So likely to be GF too. prices from 1200 THB (??). Very nice rooms in Studio-Style.

Phuquer
07-17-05, 18:24

Eastiny Place on Soi 8 is about $20US for a regular room, and about $30US for their suite (which is just a room that is a little bit bigger than the regular room), ask for a back room for a quiet room. (front rooms face a couple of beer bars on Soi 8 that can get quite noisy from the girls yelling "hello hansum man!"). Actually, it was quite interesting watching the goings on at the beer bars from the balcony on the 3rd floor. I could see the bars, and I could see the apartments above the bars. I wonder what it would be like to live above a beer bar every single day.

Beer bars on Soi 7 and 8, Walking Street, and Beach Road. All a nice walk.

ST is around 500baht, LT is about 1000baht, and bar fine is about 500baht. Some bars charge a lower barfine (I have heard of 200baht). And some girls charge more (some girls at Superbabies request and get 2000baht LT, and I have even paid that much for one, and she was WELL worth it. She rocked my world all that night, and all the next morning. I ran out of condoms with her, then she pulled out some of her own).

Anon Sailor
07-17-05, 19:41
meatman,

the pinewood residences has high speed in the lobby (computers there) as well as in the rooms (byoc).

guys,

i need a list or a bit of info on most of the hotels in pattaya that carry high speed connection. this answer may have been answered a billion times, so i apologize for my ignorance.

Phuquer
07-18-05, 16:55
Meatman, if you go to the "stickman bangkok" site (just put the two words together and add a .com), you can go to the page entitled wifi.htm and it has a list of free wifi hotspots in Bangkok and other areas. The places (not hotels) he mentions in Pattaya are Misty's Agogo, Lewinsky's, and Shenanigans.

MeatMan
07-19-05, 01:16
Phuquer,

I went to the site and got what I needed!. Thanks for the info and the help!

AliasDonkey
07-19-05, 13:32
Any one used www.asiarooms.com to make hotel reservations?

The reason I'm asking is I don’t know if this is a legit site as it was never mentioned in the FAQ before as far as I know.

They have the cheapest rates so far on the hotels I'm looking at.

Raul D
07-19-05, 14:36
Any other recommendations besides Anon Sailor's Pinewood Residences?

Something $30 to $40 with a nice pool? GF ofcourse.

Thanks,

Raul

Zimbardo
07-21-05, 14:04
I just got back from 3 nights at The Apex Hotel, Pattaya 2nd Road Opposite Soi 12.

Cost: 500 Baht/night Rear Wing Marble Floor room with air.

Pro's: The room was v.quiet, I couldn't hear noise from nearby beer bars or from neighbouring rooms.

Absolutely everyone in there is mongering ! The place is totally girl friendly, totally set up for it. I felt uncomfortable when I didn't have TG with me !

The location is great, there are stacks of beer bars close by and you are equidistant between Walking Street and Soi 8 - the main action areas.

The breakfast buffet is great - loads of food, eat as much as you like. The best fun of all is checking out all the TG's that fellow hobbyists have picked up - "who got the best looker?' !

Cons: The attitude of the reception desk staff absolutely stinks. Yes they look hot in their tight blue mini dresses, but they're more snooty than girls back in the great wasteland, they couldn't be less helpful and more disdainful towards those who pay their wages (ie us!). I guess they're just jealous when they see loads of little Issan girls earning in a receptionists weeks wages in one night on her back !

The cleaning could be improved a little.

Jumbo
07-21-05, 19:55
I always stay at the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana inn. Second road. Never had any bother there in maybe ten stays. Due to return Saturday 23rd. for two weeks. Very Girl frendly

Amsith
07-21-05, 21:13
ARECA seems to be charging 1000 bahts for rooms.

Have you stayed for a very long period?

When did you last stay there?

I wanna stay there 2 nights, what would be the charge? Do they charge for the extra guests?

Fast Eddie 48
07-22-05, 08:14
I just got back from 3 nights at The Apex Hotel, Pattaya 2nd Road Opposite Soi 12.

Cost: 500 Baht/night Rear Wing Marble Floor room with air.

Pro's: The room was v.quiet, I couldn't hear noise from nearby beer bars or from neighbouring rooms.

Absolutely everyone in there is mongering ! The place is totally girl friendly, totally set up for it. I felt uncomfortable when I didn't have TG with me !

The location is great, there are stacks of beer bars close by and you are equidistant between Walking Street and Soi 8 - the main action areas.

The breakfast buffet is great - loads of food, eat as much as you like. The best fun of all is checking out all the TG's that fellow hobbyists have picked up - "who got the best looker?' !

Cons: The attitude of the reception desk staff absolutely stinks. Yes they look hot in their tight blue mini dresses, but they're more snooty than girls back in the great wasteland, they couldn't be less helpful and more disdainful towards those who pay their wages (ie us!). I guess they're just jealous when they see loads of little Issan girls earning in a receptionists weeks wages in one night on her back !

The cleaning could be improved a little.Mr Zimbardo,

Apex charge 200 baht for quest. There is a sign in the door.

500baht a nite sound good but after 200 baht fee, I think Flipper Lodge at 700 baht at Soi 9 (girl friendly with a nice pool) is a better deal.

Fasteddie 48

Jumbo
07-22-05, 12:01
You are correct you will pay 990 baht for a room without pool view and 1070 baht for room with pool view. The longest time I have spent at any one time is two weeks. No reduction for longer stays, they do charge a small premium for payment by credit card I think its five percent.

Just leaving for the air port I will be there tomorrow.

Berty Boy
07-23-05, 08:24
Amsith,

I stayed at the Areca Lodge hotel for 6 days in April.990bt got me a large room with a huge bed Tv etc.It has two swimming pools a gym and bar.

The staff are friendly and heplful and the hotel is extremely girl-friendly.

The only negative point I found was the rooms does not have a safe.

They have a room with safe deposit boxes next to reception and you have to bring your own padlock.The 1070bt rooms are smaller and better appointed. Overall I thought a good deal and would recommend it.

Bertyboy

Ozzie Tukker
07-23-05, 13:22
Mr Zimbardo,

Apex charge 200 baht for quest. There is a sign in the door.

500baht a nite sound good but after 200 baht fee, I think Flipper Lodge at 700 baht at Soi 9 (girl friendly with a nice pool) is a better deal.

Fasteddie 48I never have been charged a joiner fee in the APEX hotel really... In fact I think Mr Zimbardo is right that this place is made for mongering. If they do charge a fee it is something new and I don;t think they are since then the hotel won;t be that popular!

Flipper lodge in Soi 9 is nice! that is true.

Berty Boy
07-31-05, 17:46
Can anyone recomend a cheap,clean hotel in the 500-800bt range that has connecting rooms and is close to the action?will not be able to bring anyone back to the hotel so girl friendliness not an issue.

Fast Eddie 48
07-31-05, 23:05
Can anyone recomend a cheap,clean hotel in the 500-800bt range that has connecting rooms and is close to the action?will not be able to bring anyone back to the hotel so girl friendliness not an issue.Berty boy,

Flipper Lodge soi 9 Beach rd has connected room. You should get room for about
700 baht now slow season. Alot of bar in the area and a nice pool, all Pattaya Hotel is girl friendly, even the big hotel in case you change your mind.

Fast Eddie 48

Chrisg
08-01-05, 16:13
Forgive me, but the Flipper Lodge is not in Soi 9, there is nothing left in Soi 9, there are 2 Flippers 1 in Soi 8 and 1 in Soi 7.

Patterson
08-02-05, 08:38
Peacock hotel guest house on Soi Buakao inbetween Soi Hunny inn & Soi Diana Inn its 500 baht just been there excellent!

I left my wallet in the bar downstairs when i returned they returned it with 7000+ baht intact!

I would recomend this place to anybody its nr siam sawadee hotel which is not nice & family mart , next door to a clothes shop not many of these places left in Siam 99.9% would have been back in Issan with my wallet.

El Culion
08-04-05, 19:07
I was going to stay at this hotel in May but changed my mind and checked into Bay Breeze Hotel in the same soi (and nearer to the beer bars).

The reason? The two girls at the reception desk were unmannerly, indeed, downright rude. I couldn't understand their 'English' and when I politely asked them to repeat what they'd said they simply waved me away and turned their backs on me. I would discourage any one from using this hotel.

Run Mann
08-07-05, 06:03
You can't indict a hotel based on the actions of two receptionists. The receptionists for the most part in these cheap little motels/hotels are for the most part minimum wage earners and change out as often as McDonald’s employees. Some of them are down right rude, some may be having a bad day, who knows what their issues are, but most are helpful. In a situation like that ask to speak to the manager, and if the manager is not available return the next day to explain the situation to the manager.

These people are in business to make money, not to turn away potential customers, they will appease you if you present your complain properly. I checked into the Sawadee Hotel in Pattaya and the idiot at the desk tried to overcharge me for the room. Had to let him know that I am not new to this game and in the end got the original rate of 450.00B.

I was going to stay at this hotel in May but changed my mind and checked into Bay Breeze Hotel in the same soi (and nearer to the beer bars).

The reason? The two girls at the reception desk were unmannerly, indeed, downright rude. I couldn't understand their 'English' and when I politely asked them to repeat what they'd said they simply waved me away and turned their backs on me. I would discourage any one from using this hotel.

El Culion
08-07-05, 17:31
R M

For your information, this is NOT my first negative experience with this hotel. I'd had a negative experience with them last December but decided to give them another try, because I did like the room I had then.

So it wasn't even 'once bitten, twice shy'!

Besides I've read on the Internet that others have had similar experiences.

I've been travelling to LOS for over 10 years now and this is the only hotel where I've been treated rudely.

EC

Run Mann
08-08-05, 01:52
If all that was in your original report, I wouldn't have bother to respond, but hey, do what you do. There has to be a reason why they are so rude to you. Ironically we just checked in to the same hotel yesterday and everything seem to be fine so far.

Passport #2
08-10-05, 02:23
I have stayed at the Intown Holiday Inn regularly over the last 3 years. I like a lot of things about the hotel, and think the low season rate is a great value. Two complaints, the long tile hallways carry noise. If a patron is drunk and loud returning to their room (it happens regularly) it can wake up everyone with a room on that floor. The second is the seeming systematic rudeness of the reception staff. I have taken periods away from staying at the hotel, not in the mood to put up with aggressively offensive attitude of the reception staff.

Take care,

Pass

Run Mann
08-10-05, 05:13
Checked out of the In town Holiday today and am headed back to BKK, Asia Bangkok Hotel. Nothing remarkable about the stay here, it's a typical low budget Motel. There was a male receptionist that checked me out and again, nothing was unusual, he wasn't extremely kind, but he wasn't rude

There are so many of these low budget Inns/Motel/Hotels in Pattaya that if people are being treated rudely by the hotel staff or they are not satisfied by the service they receive, it incredulous that they would want to return to the same place. If people are rude to you let them know about it, especially when you are paying them to provide you with decent service.

El Culion
08-11-05, 08:15
The fact that one hasn't been treated rudely doesn't prove that the staff isn't rude. They show their impoliteness when there's an issue. If you stay there and just leave/receive your key when you go out/return and pay the bill when you check out, you won't be faced with their lack of manners.

The first unpleasant experience I had with them was in December when my flight arrived early in the morning and I checked in at about 4 am. On checking out, I saw they'd charged me for the previous night too. When I protested they became nasty and when I asked to see the manager, they said he wasn't in. I didn't want to start a scene for B500 and just paid.

As I wrote before, I didn't find the price/quality ratio of this hotel bad. When I returned to Pattaya in May, I thought it wasn't fair to blame the hotel for the behaviour of two receptionist, who perhaps had stopped working there, and went to check if they had vacancies. When I went up with the bell boy to check out the room they wanted to give me, I found that the curtains didn't close properly so that the sunlight had free play in the room. The boy told me that there were many other empty rooms, but when I told the receptionists that I didn't like the room they'd offered, it lead to the incident I described earlier.

It isn't worth the trouble of having your day spoilt by an argument with hotel staff in a place with an abundance of hotel accommodation. Instead of taking part in an altercation I prefer to take my bags and move on.

I have no need whatsoever to test out my assertiveness on hotel receptionists in Pattaya! I think most people feel like that. That was the reason I wanted to warn other mongers to stay away from this hotel!

Run Mann
08-11-05, 23:07
To each his own, I'm done with this but will repeat that if you are paying for a service and people don't provide it, you let them/management know about it. It doesn't have to be an altercation, stand your ground and be as polite as can be, kill them with kindness, if you have to, the more annoyed they get, the calmer you stay, believe me this will have an effect on them.

Hell, return the next day and ask to speak to the manager privately, by addressing the issue you will not only help yourself but future Hotel patrons too, by ignoring the problem, you add to it because then it becomes acceptable and the norm to the people who you say are being rude to you.

The fact that one wasn't treated rudely does prove that a blanket statement cannot be applied to the entire establishment and the blanket warning was not necessary because of ther actions of two receptionist. Can't speak for anyone else, but I will return to the Intown the next time I'm in town, hopefully I won't experience any of those issues.

JuiceSpike
08-12-05, 14:03
Pattaya hotel and tourism sector calls water problem a crisis
"Government hiding the truth"

CHONBURI: -- Hoteliers and tourism business operators in the popular seaside resort Pattaya of Thailand's eastern province of Chonburi meeting on Friday said they would ask their members of parliament (MP) to petition Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for a solution to the current water shortage.

Speaking at a panel discussion on water shortage in the country's eastern provinces, Thanet Supornsahasrangsee, President of the Pattaya Travel and Tourism Association, said the government is still hiding the truth about the reality of the water crisis.

The true extent of the water shortage is more severe than what the government portrays, he said.

Pattaya needs 120,000 cubic metres of water per day , Mr. Thanet said, but East Water Company and the Royal Irrigation Department now provide the city with only 80,000 cubic metres a day.

The 40,000 cubic metre shortfall, must be made up by residential customers and the business sector themselves who are forced to buy directly from commercial water supply trucks at 100 baht per cubic metre.

He said the association would work with local MPs to negotiate an immediate solution to the water shortage crisis by meeting with the prime minister, warning that the problem, if prolonged would affect the local tourism and cost the nation billions of baht in a loss of tourism revenue.

Member #2065
08-12-05, 16:51
Dear forum members,

Planning a trip to Pattaya soon, looking for a nice and clean room hotel (girl friendly as well) around 1000 bht. Also comes with in room safe too. Within walking distance to Walking Street.

Where are the must visit beer bars and agogos in Pattaya (been to BKK many times but not Pattaya)?

Looking for some recommendation from all.

TQ

AliasDonkey
08-13-05, 08:17
Dear forum members,

Planning a trip to Pattaya soon, looking for a nice and clean room hotel (girl friendly as well) around 1000 bht. Also comes with in room safe too. Within walking distance to Walking Street.

Where are the must visit beer bars and agogos in Pattaya (been to BKK many times but not Pattaya)?

TQWell good luck for the 1000b with safe. I'm paying 1800b a night through hotelthailand.com for the sabai lodge. This was based on the info from the fellow mongers on this site. Do a search on my name and you'll see. I asked aprox the same question that your asking.

Hope his help and Keep it covered LOL.

Stubby694
08-13-05, 16:26
Could some one tell me if the hotel is GF, and how is the location?

Horatio
08-13-05, 20:28
Dear forum members,

TQ

The Roof Garden is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to Walking street. Baht buses come around every few minutes also. It is less than 1000 baht a night and has a room safe. It is a very nice hotel for the money. There are several reviews of it on this forum and they have a website.

Regards Horatio

Roaming Rob
08-13-05, 21:59
Stubby694,

I have stayed in the Sunbeam and it was hit and miss. 2 out of 3 times they did not make me pay for my extra room mate for the night. However I recommend the Sunshine Hotel & Residences across the Soi. In my opinion it is a better deal. Cheaper, rooms just as nice although no in room safe and definetly Girl Friendly. I prefer the newer side. Might even want to try Flipper Lodge.

Enjoy yourself,
Rob

Butt Ugly
08-13-05, 22:18
AliasDonkey,

Move across the street to Sabai Inn and get a room for 700BT with an in room safe. Girl friendly, good service and clean well kept room.

Well good luck for the 1000b with safe. I'm paying 1800b a night through hotelthailand.com for the sabai lodge. This was based on the info from the fellow mongers on this site. Do a search on my name and you'll see. I asked aprox the same question that your asking.

Hope his help and Keep it covered LOL.

Dinghy
08-14-05, 04:42
Alias - define "walking distance" - 20 minutes? If you go north of 2nd Road on Diana inn, ther eis a nice place - see earlier report (not mine - I stay in the "cheap sleeps" - 250 or so) 1200B IIRC

Run Mann
08-14-05, 05:22
The Winnerinn Hotel & Internet Cafe is a great place to stay, their rooms are 450 and 550B, and the atmoshere is refreshinly relaxing and quiet, rooms are clean and everyone stays in their own lane, this place is more like a boarding house than a hotel. They a have an internet cafe on the first floor where you can order drinks, expresso, coffee and the likes. Its about 10 to 15 mins from the Walking Street, but you can take the Pattaya version of a Taxi there for 20B. The Siam Sawasdee is across the steet from them a little ways down and I would rate the Winnerinn rooms above theirs anyday.

The phone number is 038-410315, they are located at 210/41 Soi Buakhaw.

JP2U
08-14-05, 08:11
Stubby694,

I have stayed in the Sunbeam and it was hit and miss. 2 out of 3 times they did not make me pay for my extra room mate for the night. However I recommend the Sunshine Hotel & Residences across the Soi. In my opinion it is a better deal. Cheaper, rooms just as nice although no in room safe and definetly Girl Friendly. I prefer the newer side. Might even want to try Flipper Lodge.

Enjoy yourself,
Rob
Sunshine is OK. I stayed there a few weeks ago. Its surounded by bars which almost ruined my mongering experiences. I prefer to get my babes from walking st but living in Soi 8 you can hardly walk down to beach road before hooking up with some girl.. so wasnt able to get to walking st too often. ;)

AliasDonkey
08-15-05, 16:52
Alias - define "walking distance" - 20 minutes? If you go north of 2nd Road on Diana inn, ther eis a nice place - see earlier report (not mine - I stay in the "cheap sleeps" - 250 or so) 1200B IIRCA member asked a question. No need to bite me. So I missed the part when he asked within walking distance. But the info i gave him was correct in that the info from the other mongers pertaining to my question prev put me near walking street. If he looked up my name he would get the same info hes getting now.

My selection of the hotel located up north was not due to money but on personal pref. It was just additional info for the question asked and one can always catch the bat bus.

Sheezzz dont have to be such a stick in the mud LOL.

AliasDonkey
08-15-05, 16:56
AliasDonkey,

Move across the street to Sabai Inn and get a room for 700BT with an in room safe. Girl friendly, good service and clean well kept room.Thanks for the info but didnt want to cross the street in a less then sober state and get my dumb ass run over LOL. But I did consider it. :P

Member #2065
08-15-05, 17:08
Dear all,

Anyone ever stay at Lido Beach Hotel before? Is it a girl friendly hotel? Looking forward some comment.

TQ