PDA

View Full Version : Puntarenas

Admin
01-01-04, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Bandit69
09-14-04, 05:45
I was in Puntarenas recently and was alone and speak no spanish, but I went there because I heard there was some fun to be had. I spent the evening eating and walking around by the open market area in the center of town, but found no action. Anyone else searched here?

Coquí
09-20-04, 02:51
Just came back from CR and visited Puntarenas with a local resident. There are four bars that caters to our hobby. The best is called Good Fortune, it is in front of Fisher farmacy. The other is called Hamburgo and the other is Miramar. They are in the same street one across from Good Fortune. The prices are 10 k Colones for 1/2 hr. The last one is around the corner but I could not find its name. Ask any cab driver and they all know them.

Good luck & happy hunting

Coqui

Orgasm Donor
10-22-04, 21:56
Go to Capt. Morenos on the beach. After nightfall there is a bar across the street and back towards the pier. I think the place is called "Passport" sometimes they have kareoke, or DJ, I think they got the loudest music on the street, so you should see and hear it. Quite a few cuties hanging out there.

O.D.

Softball
02-21-05, 09:49
Will be in Costa Rica in April and would like to know where to stay in Puntarenas, (just passing through) Hotels and of course what clubs/places to go, where the action is. Been to Jaco and San Jose befgore, but undecided about Puntarenas. Also heading up to a night at Arenal? Anything up there? Would appreciate any information about Puntarenas and Arenal.

Coquí
02-22-05, 02:23
Will be in Costa Rica in April and would like to know where to stay in Puntarenas, (just passing through) Hotels and of course what clubs/places to go, where the action is. Been to Jaco and San Jose befgore, but undecided about Puntarenas. Also heading up to a night at Arenal? Anything up there? Would appreciate any information about Puntarenas and Arenal.I found places in Puntarenas. Check in this section (other areas) second page on Sept 9 post. I posted the name and location of the bars. There are no places that caters to our hobby at Arenal but it is a great place to visit.

Good luck

Coquí

Jaimito Cartero
02-22-05, 05:15
Will be in Costa Rica in April and would like to know where to stay in Puntarenas, (just passing through) Hotels and of course what clubs/places to go, where the action is. Been to Jaco and San Jose befgore, but undecided about Puntarenas. Also heading up to a night at Arenal? Anything up there? Would appreciate any information about Puntarenas and Arenal.I've taken a chica to Puntarenas before, but have never looked for any action there. I compare Puntarenas to Newark, NJ. Lots of interesting smells, and I can't think of a reason I'd want to live there.

:)

Jaimito Cartero
06-22-05, 23:01
Thanks for the new forums, Jackson.

This should be Puntarenas.

:)

WilliamWalker
06-24-05, 14:30
I have been to both Punta Arenas, Chile and Puntarenas, CR.
Both are well worth visiting from a cultural viewpoint.
The port in Chile is practically halfway around the world from this gringo, for the next step is Antartica.

R Brandon
10-29-05, 01:01
I may head to Puntarenas next weekend when I am in San Jose as I have yet to go there. I have names of the 4 places and will check them out.will be reporting back. Any updates appreciated.Anyone heard of MPs' there I wouldn't be surprised if there were some. I will ask around when there. rbc100

Orgasm Donor
01-17-06, 19:51
I thought I would elaborate on my time in Punta.
This is the largest CR shipping port on the Pacific side.
There IS action here, but dont expect anything close to San Jose action, or Massage places. (read my earlier report)
Most of the beaches that Ticos go to, are pretty filthy, this is one of them. so is Samara.
Local families go there for the weekend, and by monday the beach looks like a landfill (ok Im exagerrating a bit, but Ticos have no respect for what they have)
This is also a cruise ship port, so the only real street to check out is the one along the beach.
You would assume hotels would be cheap since locals go there, but they obviously see you are a gringo, and the price more than doubles. The ones that have pools have Tico families there with all the screaming kids. I do not recommend swimming at the beach. But I will say, I did see some hotties in thong bikinis sunbathing solo (perhaps to be met?) on the beach. P4P can be found, you need to know spanish, unless you are persistent with a chica and cut a deal somehow if she knows the vital words in english. I wouldnt pay over 40 USD.
I would not make this a destination, but if you find yourself there, you can find some action.

Stevewxly
04-30-06, 21:05
I've only been to Puntarenas twice. This last year.

Went up there on a side trip from Jaco Beach to check it out in Nov. '05. Stayed at a hotel that had a big open bar in front, then a nice swimming pool, behind the bar, then the rooms (first and second floor) behind the pool. Can't remember the name of it, but it is about a hundred yards South of the Puntarenas pier.

This was a nice little hotel during the week. First visit. But on the second visit. It was on a weekend. So the disco DJ and the music goes loud here from the hotel bar, until about 1 AM on the weekends. And it was quite noisey in the rooms until the bar closed down. But only on weekends. And seems like everything was quiet by about 1: 30 AM. So one could get some sleep.

I discovered that lots of Tico's fish off this big pier. It is free to walk the length of the pier, and also free to fish. But only if there are no ships docked on the pier. And they were getting some nice Roosterfish on cut bait, (not good to eat, but lots of fun to catch) in Nov. '05. And also a few good Red Snapper the day I was there (I saw a 15 # caught on the end of the pier. Red Snapper are very good eating. As is usually the case with the local Pink Snapper too (LOL).

Some of the locals were actually fishing with hand lines too, as they were too poor to afford a fishing rod/reel. I guess.

If you want to fish here, you will need to bring your own fishing equip. Rod/reel, hooks, sinkers, etc. And you can then uaually buy (for cheap) some cut bait from some of the other fishermen on the pier.

I did not have any fishing equip. With me on that trip in Nov. '05, so did not try to fish then from the pier. But I came back to Puntarenas to specifically fish on this pier during March of '06, and of course had brought a couple of fishing rods/reels, etc with me. Which by the way I did not get a chance to use. But never-the-less had to tote around the country of CR. For the whole 12 day trip.

Too bad, as I discovered that my timing was bad with the Cruise Season being on then. And while I was there. The cruise ships and also a large banana ship were tied up to the pier, and then they limit the access to the pier to only crew aboard the ships, and to the paying passengers.

No fishing, or walking out on the pier when the ships are docked.

I did find some chica action though both times. I picked up a Chica out of a taxi. Who was riding around looking for a date. I guess. Guess she actually picked me up, as I got into the taxi with her, and then paid her taxi fee. A buck or two. Took her to an outside disco club on the beach for a couple of beers, and then up to my room at the hotel (mentioned above) for a couple of hours. Cost $ 10. 00 at the club for drinks, and then another $ 25. 00 for the session. She was a semi-pro, just out to have fun on a Saturday night.

I stayed at the same hotel on the second visit, and hooked up with another local girl right off the beach. She was having ice cream at the outside eating area just south of the pier. We chatted a while, made a financial arrangement, and then went to my hotel. Hotel was chica friendly - both times. No hasseling, and no extra charge to bring guests to your room, and the pool was relaxing and refreshing both times.

If you will walk from the pier (3-4 blocks) to the center of town, you will also happen upon 2-3 bars. One being the Miramar Bar. Where many the local working girls work out of, and they will take you to a room in the back. I believe the rate is around $ 20-25. 00 for a half hour, including the room. Did not try that, so can not comment upon that.

It looks like you could easily talk to some of the girls and see if they would come to your hotel - after hours-----for a more personal and probably unhurried session - though.

The town of Puntarenas is rather run down and seedy, and has definately seen better days. I found out that it is a major 1 day stopover for many of the big, big cruise ships, so there are at certain lots of tourists here. Also I believe it is none-the-less a worthwhile place to spend a day and a night, or so. It makes for an interesting side trip from Jaco Beach via Tico bus. Which runs about $ 3. 00 - one way.

Here's a good tip about the bus though. Try to set near the back of the bus if possible when you get on it leaving Puntarenas for Jaco or for San Jose. As it is not a direct bus, and will make lots of stops on the way, picking up and disembarking passengers.

I made the mistake of sitting in the first seat behind the bus driver. And when the bus filled up to standing room only. It happened that a pregnant girl got on the bus with another babe in arms. The driver made me give my seat to her, the rest of the bus was SRO. Standing room only. So I found that I had to stand up for the rest of the trip to Jaco Beach. About 60 miles and a hour and a half of pure hell. For me. As I have very flat feet and can't stand very long.

So if going by bus. Get to the back. When it gets crowed. You will at least be fairly safe all the way in the back, and won't have to give up your seat to someone else.

I have traveled all over Costa Rica by Tico bus, and this was the only bad experience I've ever experienced on a bus so far.

Stevewxly
05-10-06, 16:36
I checked my notes, and the name of this hotel with the nice swimming pool is the Osasis Hotel. (In Puntarenas)

It's about 100 yards South of the big pier, on the opposite side of the road. Low season rates for a nice private room with hot water bath was $ 20.00 for a single.
At night they have a night watchman, after the front desk closed down, but he did not say anything to me when I brought a Chica to my room about 11PM....so I am thinking it is Chica friendly with no extra chica fees....at least I did not have to pay anything extra.

There is also a restaurant in this hotel (bar/restaurant but I did not eat there, on either trip.

If you wanted chica company in Puntarenas you might try to bring your own with you, as there seems not to be much of a good selection locally. I did see some Chicas around though, and found one to my liking on my second trip here. There were some girls strolling down the walkway across the street from the Osasis Hotel in the evenings, also some downtown in 2-3 Chica bars..(most of these would have been 4 or 5's maybe ). They do the deed there in rooms in back of the bars, I was also approached on the street by a couple of older gals while walking, and there seems to be a few independent SW's walking around at night in the area which is South of the pier.

Stevewxly
09-05-07, 17:51
Amigos,

I know that Jack from the Beatle Bar in Jaco has sold the place (Beatle Bar) and that it is under new ownership.....and it is rumored that Jack has gone up to Puntarenas and opened a similar place.

Any conformation on this from anyone, who has been there??
Thanks, Steve

PS
This thread seems to get little attention.....so I am going to post this in another thread hoping for a quick answer to this question.

........................................................................................

MCruddy
09-06-07, 02:38
Amigos,

I know that Jack from the Beatle Bar in Jaco has sold the place (Beatle Bar) and that it is under new ownership.....and it is rumored that Jack has gone up to Puntarenas and opened a similar place.

Any conformation on this from anyone, who has been there??
Thanks, Steve

PS
This thread seems to get little attention.....so I am going to post this in another thread hoping for a quick answer to this question.

........................................................................................I don't know who Jack is, but I did know the owner of the the Beatle Bar when I was in Jaco in May 2003. It was a Canadian woman named Beatrice, but she went by a nickname. When I visited Jaco this year in April, I found out that Beatrice had sold the bar to a bunch of guys from Chicago and she was now the owner of a restaruant called Happy Days in Puntarenas. Hope that helps.

McCruddy

Stevewxly
09-11-07, 03:46
To my knowledge Beatrice is long gone..... from the Beatle Bar.

Jack....believe he was Canadian...not sure...owned the Beatle Bar for a couple of years. He made a fortune out of there....doing nothing more than selling drinks....as he was not getting any part of the girls take as far as pimping or anything like that....Pimping in CR is illegal as hell.

To my knowledge Jack was not even getting any kickbacks from guys taking P4P gals up to the Los Four Grandes Hotel...next door....aka The Beatle Bar Hotel......like Big John at the Del Rey in San Jose gets. John gets $ 10.00 for every ho that goes up the elevator - with a 'john - in his place - the Del Rey. And that probably happens about 50-60 times a day at the Del Rey.
Pretty good for Big John ! Hell - do the math....that's over $ 132,000.00 a year - for nothin.

Jack sold the Beatle Bar approx. 7-8 months ago to reportly a group of 2-3 Gringos...which makes your story of the guys from Chicago creditable.
They changed the wallpaper, opened up some windows on the South, and continued on with a fine tradition.

But I know it cost a 'pretty penny' to get ole Jack to turn loose of the place.

Supposedly Jack left Jaco and went the next fair sized berg North of Jaco .... Puntaranes.

Puntaranes is a 'run down small beach town', where the occasional cruise ship stops. Not much going on there since the Banana company moved out.

Anyway Jack was in the process of opening a new club in Puntaranes. Not sure if he got it going or not. I would like some conformation on that here....if you know....please clue the rest of us in.
Steve

Putaman
06-29-08, 05:02
To my knowledge Beatrice is long gone. From the Beatle Bar.

Jack. Believe he was Canadian. Not sure. Owned the Beatle Bar for a couple of years. He made a fortune out of there. Doing nothing more than selling drinks. As he was not getting any part of the girls take as far as pimping or anything like that. Pimping in CR is illegal as hell.

To my knowledge Jack was not even getting any kickbacks from guys taking P4P gals up to the Los Four Grandes Hotel. Next door. Aka The Beatle Bar Hotel. Like Big John at the Del Rey in San Jose gets. John gets $ 10. 00 for every ho that goes up the elevator. With a 'john. In his place. The Del Rey. And that probably happens about 50-60 times a day at the Del Rey.

Pretty good for Big John! Hell. Do the math. That's over $ 132, 000. 00 a year. For nothin.

Jack sold the Beatle Bar approx. 7-8 months ago to reportly a group of 2-3 Gringos. Which makes your story of the guys from Chicago creditable. They changed the wallpaper, opened up some windows on the South, and continued on with a fine tradition.

But I know it cost a 'pretty penny' to get ole Jack to turn loose of the place.

Supposedly Jack left Jaco and went the next fair sized berg North of Jaco. Puntaranes.

Puntaranes is a 'run down small beach town', where the occasional cruise ship stops. Not much going on there since the Banana company moved out.

Anyway Jack was in the process of opening a new club in Puntaranes. Not sure if he got it going or not. I would like some conformation on that here. If you know. Please clue the rest of us in.

Steve50-60 times a day? That elevator is worn out. I have done 6-8 per day alone on a 12 day stay? Do the math.

Dabutt Man
10-15-08, 00:37
Will be in puntarenas in a couple weeks during a cruise. Need help finding a massage parlor or two :)

Been to San Jose and Manuel Antonio numerous times and would like some help in a unknown area. I know its NO San Jose, but there has to be SOME talent. Please let me know. Thanks from a long time lurker!

MCruddy
10-15-08, 23:35
[QUOTE=To my knowledge Beatrice is long gone. From the Beatle Bar.[/QUOTE]Beatrice moved to Puntarensas and opened a restaraunt called "Happy Days".

MCruddy

Huevonn
03-20-09, 18:19
was traveling back up to nicaragua from quepos area and had to make a connection in punta arenas, which i missed.

oh well let's see what's up in this worn around the edges, slightly or perhaps a lot, sleazy looking old port town...

walked around down town and checked out a few hotels. most were in the 20$ range but i opted for a cheapie, hotel cabezas for 4000 colones, mostly because it seemed to be cooler than the others and came recommended in a guide book. it ended up being a couple of blocks from where any fun could be had. the lady at the desk said that it was safe but not after 10. noticed the guy smoking crack on the sidewalk without a worry in the world as i set out to find dinner.

on my way i went by a more upscale newish looking joint called "el porton verde' which indeed had a big green gate and weird green hallway that you had to go through to get to the dark bar at the back. the ladies looked bored and were all gordas so i continued on. i saw two houses next door to each other as i made my way to the waterfront for dinner. i later found out that those three are the main bar & *****houses in the area with a few smaller ones rep001tered around downtown, which in itself is quite compact and walkable. decided i would pop in later but it didn't look promising, tough looking dominicanas hanging out front.

anyways i had a nice fish dinner and made my way back. looked in the first place called 'la fortuna'. it had a stage and was quite big but mostly empty and the chicas were nothing special to look at. i didn't like the vibe so went next door.

to my surprise this place seemed to be way different, good vibes, lots of nice younger looking girls, ticas , nicas and dominicanas. there was a juke box and they were dancing and laughing, looks like fun!

noticed a couple of white faces so sat down and met two french canadians also stranded in punta arenas, but they were coming from nica and heading to quepos area.

one of them was gesturing and making hand signals with a very cute girl wearing preppy shorts and a kind of gold shirt. she was very cute with a friendly and mischievous smile and naughty eyes. in short she looked out of place. her and the guy were also writing on the table with their fingers, all of this i figured because he didn't speak spanish. i saw him holding up 3 fingers which i knew meant 30.000 colones, way more than even the gringo price which i was quoted at 13,000. i could tell that he was thinking about it but finally laughed and she gestured that she would come back later.

i asked him if he needed help with spanish and he laughed out loud and said, in a heavily french accented english,
"mais oui, yes, but she don't speak, she don't hear noting."

which of course suddenly and strongly piqued my interest.
a very cute, maybe 25 or so, flirty and semi innocent looking nicaraguan deaf mute in a past-due date costa rican old port town *****house.

i wondered if indeed that is what the premium price was for.

so a few minutes later when she walked by i winked at her, to which she smiled and came by and sat on my lap, all the while looking into my eyes intently. i did the rubbing fingers together gesture for how much, and she nodded my way, as if for me to give a price. i finger painted in the air 13,000 and she laughed and nodded here head eagerly, to my surprise! i called over to the french guy and said she only wants 13 thousand, not 30. i asked if he wanted to go with her, and he asked if i wanted to. to which i replied sure but he saw her first so if he wanted to go then go ahead.

he said go ahead man take her.

so i did. and it was fun. she was sexy and got very wet and got on top and rode me hard, no bbbj though, just covered.

it was a bit weird and hard to communicate but nevertheless i can now say i had sex with a mute, for whatever that's worth.

as i came back out to the bar i practically walked into two policemen who were making their way to the back rooms as we were leaving. my heart jumped a bit but since they didn't even give me a second look i just kept on and sat back down at our table and ordered another cold beer.

sure enough, a full scale raid was in progress and about 10 cops entered the small bar, some of them wearing the heavy vests, and started asking all the girls for their id. i was a bit concerned because i forgot to bring the copy of my passport which i usually carry. the french guys, who were quite drunk and laughing at everything, said not to worry as they wouldn't even look our way, which ended up being the case. i was quite surprised at the difference as to what would have gone down in mexico if the cops would have come and found a few gringos in a *****house in a small town at their disposition for a shakedown.

they were quite thorough and went from table to table, eventually getting around to the patrons as well. no one really paid much mind and the party kept on. the one french guy that had been first talking to my chica actually decided to take the girl to the back room, while the cops were still there! i know it's legal an all in costa rica it just struck me as funny, excuse me officer while i take this sweet girl out back to bang her brains out.

he didn't mind sloppy seconds and came back all smiles as well.

lot's of girls came by and all flirted and touched and rubbed etc in an effort to get us back to the rooms. the dominicanas started to get my attention as they really shook their asses and grinded to the jukebox. they were all very pretty, slim and not the big assed big mouthed dominicanas that one usually sees in cr. there were also lots of cut ticas. i'd say there were a fair number of 7's and 8's.

i was really tempted to go again but knew that it would be quite difficult given the amount i had drunk, so we called it a night and all went home happy to catch our respective buses in opposite directions the next morning.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Mellowg
06-09-09, 18:25
Casa Espana
Owner: Jose Batisda Bernal
Address: 175 mts. Este Iglesia Catolica de Esparza
Telephone: 8373-8015

Ok, so you got stuck in Puntarenas and do not like what is available. Believe you me I know what you mean, having lived in the suburbs for the last 20 years.

May I suggest you head out from Puntarenas, some 25km direction San Jose, and you will get to the little town of ESPARZA
Turn right at the only traffic light than continue turning left just after the park (not the football {soccer for you Yanks}) and the Catholic church. Three blocks further you will find the entrance to the “Casa Espana”

The entrance is through steel gates that are open during “working hours”, plenty of secure parking space for your car, with an attendant looking out for you. You car is parked at the same level as the entrance to the Bar which you can see as you drive up. Well light, clean, with a side salon with plenty of tables and sofas if you need.

Last Friday for example, there were 5 girls, 1 bronze and 4 whitish, all Nicas, grade of 7-8, pleasant, friendly and easy to talk to. Only one customer when I got there around 11:30pm. Hours of operation are 9:00pm till ???

Cost for the girls is 40,000 colones and negotiable, with a 20,000 colones take out fee. (exchange rate 571=us$1)

Much better than the places you get in Puntarenas, more up-market, and the prices reflect this… but the beer is still 800 colones, including the chica drinks.

Enjoy

Mellow

Mellowg
06-10-09, 00:09
Atmcgrudy

The Happy Days bar was open for about 1 year. Like all the Gringo bars in Puntarenas, it worked well at the beginning then faded. Lack of purchasing power from the locals.

The bar was rented out the following year, and the local gangs started to hang around, so it lost all the gringo customers. Unfortunately, a wild shooting with wounded people happened and the police closed it down.

The original owners took it back in hand about six months ago if I remember well, and it is opened only on week-ends. It cannot be considered a MP as there is no girls around, more a drinking man's bar, with 2 TV showing the New York Yankees.

The name on the street sign was rubbed off. But it is located on the second floor of a rather new building for the area with a few tables where you sit and watch the action going on the street below, and there is a restaurant below. A few meters East of hotel Tioga.

Enjoy

Mellow

Mellowg
06-29-09, 20:48
Latest updates from Puntarenas.

Hamburg Bar does not exist anymore, building was torned down and new construction going up.

Good Fortune Hotel & Bar has been closed since beginning of June, no notice when it would, if ever, reopen.

Just a quick note about "Porton Verde" bar. If you are skittish about being seen going in, go east around the street corner to the "Soda Janet" (you can have a quick lunch there, English is spoken by the owner) and there is a door at the far end that connects directly with the Porton Verde bar. (same owners, husband takes care of the Soda, and the Mrs. takes care of the Porton Verde). The girls use it all the time, and so do discreet customers.

Enjoy,

Mellow

Pluto2
07-04-09, 17:14
Map from space

Puntarenas web site with some useful info, non monger site
http://www.puntarenas.com/

Official Yellow Pages for CR
http://www.amarillasdelice.com/

Mellowg
10-17-09, 23:06
Good news.

The Good Fortune hotel and bar is back in operation, after being closed for nearly 3 months.

There was a change in administration (Oscar is gone, management is now under the supervision of the lady owner).

New coat of paint, the big area in the back is now closed off. Besides that, business as usual

Enjoy,

Mellow

Mellowg
10-17-09, 23:20
Another one of those conveniently located. Mongering establishment.

If you are coming down from San Jose on the PanAmerican highway, you pass through the Town of Esparza, go down the last of the big hills, and come to the first LARGE river bridge (Barranca river).

1 km west of the bridge you come to the intersection of the Road to Barranca town or you have the choice of continuing toward Puntarenas or yet to Liberia. There at the intersection is also a very busy BUS stop.

Right at the Bus stop is the world famous Vaca Brava (in Puntarenas at least).

12 girls (Dominicanas and Colombianas) are there to serve you. 10, 000 for a pop (exchange rate 570=us$1), Imperial beer at 900, same for chica drinks.

This bar services the locals, the transient road traffic, and our local big rigs drivers. Safe, decently lit, acceptably clean. Spanish is a requisite.

All in all, a good place to stop and relax on your way elsewhere. Roughly 16:00 till 01:00.

Enjoy,

Mellow

Yardy
10-18-09, 03:58
Another one of those conveniently located. Mongering establishment.

If you are coming down from San Jose on the PanAmerican highway, you pass through the Town of Esparza, go down the last of the big hills, and come to the first LARGE river bridge (Barranca river).

1 km west of the bridge you come to the intersection of the Road to Barranca town or you have the choice of continuing toward Puntarenas or yet to Liberia. There at the intersection is also a very busy BUS stop.

Right at the Bus stop is the world famous Vaca Brava (in Puntarenas at least).

12 girls (Dominicanas and Colombianas) are there to serve you. 10, 000 for a pop (exchange rate 570=us$1), Imperial beer at 900, same for chica drinks.

This bar services the locals, the transient road traffic, and our local big rigs drivers. Safe, decently lit, acceptably clean. Spanish is a requisite.

All in all, a good place to stop and relax on your way elsewhere. Roughly 16:00 till 01:00.

Enjoy,

MellowYou're right my friend

Mellowg
10-19-09, 09:08
Thanks Yardy.

A little known fact about the Vaca Brava.

This site used to be a stop over for the cow drive between Guanacaste and San Jose. The cowboys used the place for rest for themselves and their herb before starting the climb to San Jose.

On the return trip, evidently they stopped there again but this time their pocket were loaded with the profits from the drive. And you guessed it, there was some charming ladies available to massage their aches and pains.

This all happen before the opening of the Costa Rican Pacific railway in 1910 and it makes the Vaca Brava one of the oldest continiously operating mongering place in the country.

And this is where it also gets its name, the Wild Cow.

Wow, if those walls could talk.

Enjoy

Mellow

Calizum
10-21-09, 20:12
Thanks Yardy.

A little known fact about the Vaca Brava.

This site used to be a stop over for the cow drive between Guanacaste and San Jose. The cowboys used the place for rest for themselves and their herb before starting the climb to San Jose.

On the return trip, evidently they stopped there again but this time their pocket were loaded with the profits from the drive. And you guessed it, there was some charming ladies available to massage their aches and pains.

This all happen before the opening of the Costa Rican Pacific railway in 1910 and it makes the Vaca Brava one of the oldest continiously operating mongering place in the country.

And this is where it also gets its name, the Wild Cow.

Wow, if those walls could talk.

Enjoy

MellowNice history, will have to visit the city where it started in this beautifull country.

Especially the Ticas

Happy mongering

Kalizum

Mellowg
01-23-10, 06:42
Porton Verde used to be a hohum meeting place where 2 or 3 provider of iffy quality attended without enthousiasm.

Sra Janet, the owner, has decided to spruce up the place... and what a breath of fresh air.

Starting tonight, i was met by 10 willing and happy ladies, mostly nicaraquense, and ranging from 6 to 8, imho, from short spinner to well proportioned.

It was nice to see that the place is trying to get back to life, and if they can keep it up, they might just succeed in making me a regular customer again.

Give it a look see, you might just

Enjoy,

Mellow

Chitown Gino
03-07-10, 02:10
Casa Espana
Owner: Jose Batisda Bernal
Address: 175 mts. Este Iglesia Catolica de Esparza
Telephone: 8373-8015

Ok, so you got stuck in Puntarenas and do not like what is available. Believe you me I know what you mean, having lived in the suburbs for the last 20 years.

May I suggest you head out from Puntarenas, some 25km direction San Jose, and you will get to the little town of ESPARZA
Turn right at the only traffic light than continue turning left just after the park (not the football {soccer for you Yanks}) and the Catholic church. Three blocks further you will find the entrance to the “Casa Espana”

The entrance is through steel gates that are open during “working hours”, plenty of secure parking space for your car, with an attendant looking out for you. You car is parked at the same level as the entrance to the Bar which you can see as you drive up. Well light, clean, with a side salon with plenty of tables and sofas if you need.

Last Friday for example, there were 5 girls, 1 bronze and 4 whitish, all Nicas, grade of 7-8, pleasant, friendly and easy to talk to. Only one customer when I got there around 11:30pm. Hours of operation are 9:00pm till ???

Cost for the girls is 40,000 colones and negotiable, with a 20,000 colones take out fee. (exchange rate 571=us$1)

Much better than the places you get in Puntarenas, more up-market, and the prices reflect this… but the beer is still 800 colones, including the chica drinks.

Enjoy

MellowCost for the girls is 40,000 colones and negotiable, with a 20,000 colones take out fee. (exchange rate 571=us$1)

That’s crazy the most expensive places charge 18,000 to 24,000 and that’s only because they are mostly gringo places the local places are 6,000 to 12,000. No Tico will pay that and I don’t think anyone smart enough to read this board will either.
Good luck with that you might find Spanish student one a year to pay that
Or better yet why not put up your real prices and maybe you could get some real business from this ad.

Mellowg
03-08-10, 14:06

Good luck with that you might find Spanish student one a year to pay that
Or better yet why not put up your real prices and maybe you could get some real business from this ad.CG

It is not an add.

Just mentioning the places that are available in the area and stating the asking price. And you are not obliged to partake in any of this.

Nobody else seems to want bring forth the information for this part of the country. Awaiting to be able to visit the places you will give direction to.

yes it is the most expensive place i found around here... local places are usually 10,000 colones a pop plus 3,000 for the room (exchange rate today 544)

Enjoy,

Mellow

Mellowg
06-27-10, 18:06
Well, the Good Fortune Hotel and Bar has closed its doors again for the last two weeks.

No telling when it will reopen.

Lately the talent there was very so-so, IMHO never above 5-6, so no great lost.

So I am working hard to find a replacement place to go

Enjoy

Mellow

Mellowg
03-14-11, 07:01
Visited "Porton Verde" on Friday last, only 2 girls (Ticas). Talked with Janet the owner, and she fired all the Nicas. The place looked and felt lonely.

Hotel Miramar still has their Dominicanas (about 6) but the place was quiet.

Found a small restaurant / bar on the main drag in front of phamarcia Fischel. Well light. There were two local girls passing the time there and waiting for customers.

There is a NEW discoteque called "PRIVILEDGE" brand new building in front (=-) of the sport marine dealer (Beaudoin marine). Went in early hours the place was clean, two stories with open atrium. But as their closing time is equal to my wakeup time, did not partake.

All in all Puntarenas seems to be devoid of purchasing power, the whole town was in a funk.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Mellowg
03-15-11, 02:07
Priviledge discoteque is 75 mtrs East of BORBON marine.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Mellowg
06-12-11, 17:55
Found a small restaurant / bar on the main drag in front of phamarcia Fischel. Well light. There were two local girls passing the time there and waiting for customers.Well, probably due to the "enormous" business, this small restaurant has closed.

The Girls have transfered to the Yate bar, same side of the street about 30 meters to the east, still between the two traffic lights.

The Yate is an old hunt, working class place, was popular some 5. 7 years ago. As safe as all the other joints.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Trash Talking
07-21-11, 05:51
Hello,

I'm going to be in Miquel Antonio but can't seem to find any info about the area that is anywhere near current.

I will be with a mixed group for a wedding and was hoping to slip away during the day or after dark and do some mongering.

Is Puntarenas the closest place. What's the going rate out in the hinterlands? Should I ask a cab driver? How far is it by car for some action?

Straddler
07-21-11, 15:49
I think the place you're thinking of is called Manuel Antonio. That may help with your search for info. There are a couple places there in the town (muy caro though).

Huevonn
07-22-11, 17:22
Is the place and there is one high end strip bar there called Sirenas. I never went there as the local boys said it was really really expensive. MA is a beautiful place, the beach is fantastic and the national park worth a visit, overall a very family oriented place.

The closest place for reasonably priced women is about 5 minutes away, Quepos, much more low key and slightly run down. There are a couple of bars on the main street where freelancers can be had but the prices they were asking and the poor quality were disapointing.

There is one nightclub / puteria just outside of town that had a lot of dominicanas and nicas there, no super beauties but I did a middle aged Nica and I think it was around 11, 000 colones in a back room. Cheap cold beer and not a bad place to hang out for a while if you're comfortable in that kind of place, a bit low end and slightly seedy but the women are friendly. As usual speaking Spanish will help a lot.

Mellowg
08-07-11, 05:16
Had a beer at the Porton Verde tonight, and I can report there was 8 service providers.

I MHO half were very acceptable, and 3 of them were height challenged. But you don't come to C. R. To met tall Nordic Amazones.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Mellowg
08-07-11, 05:23
9 providers present, most of them Dominicanas, a few Colombianas.

If you like more meat on the bones you will be satisfied. Only one could be called spinner, and that would be VERY kind on my part.

To each our own.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Mellowg
09-17-11, 06:43
Well this place has again reopened.

I personally am not attracted to the place. But tonight, during a very rainy Friday, there were 3 local providers available.

Hoping things will improve, in quality and quantity.

Location: 2nd traffic light westbound in the center of town, then 40 meters north.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Mellowg
11-17-12, 13:01
After being closed for a little more than a year, it is running again (but still under renovation). Rated safe and barely passable in cleanliness.

Visited last night. 5 local (from Puntarenas) girls and during my short visit 6 more (from Limon) arrived. All were latino bronze to latino white, I my opinion 3 were doable.

Going price is 15, 000 colones (exchange rate 494 to us$1)

Where these girls get their customers aside than from the few visiting cruise ships and merchant marine I cannot fathom as Puntarenas was dead early evening till 10:00pm.

Enjoy.

Mellow

Capistrano
10-05-13, 04:01
Anybody here experienced to go in double tree resort? How about their rates? Are there plenty of girls out there for a night? Any comments and suggestion please,

Thanks

Mellowg
10-07-13, 15:29
Anybody here experienced to go in double tree resort? How about their rates? Are there plenty of girls out there for a night? Any comments and suggestion please,

Thanks.

http://sex-maps.com/?pos=9.934242137773904

-84. 07808327465818&z=15Double Tree being an "all you can." style hotel, I doubt it will be companion friendly. But my experience with this hotel is zilch.

I can tell you if you have any option of other hotel I would take it. There is sometime a "eau de toilet" bouquet in the air that can put a damper on your holiday. Enough that we sometimes hold our nose when we pass beside the hotel.

In Puntarenas proper, the selection is minimal (mainly gordas and very low class providers.) 15, 000 colones will get you an hour (exchange rate +-500/1). The selection increase when cruise ships are in port, but so is the number of punters.

Suggest you give a look see at the "Vaca Brava" in the town of Barranca, (closest to your hotel anyway, any taxis know where it is) , there are sometimes valid spinners. Most will be imports from Dominican Rep. Same price range as in Puntarenas.

Good luck and enjoy.

Mellow

StatMan208
10-07-13, 18:14

Thanks

http://sex-maps.com/?pos=9.934242137773904

-84. 07808327465818&z=15Yes, I stayed at the Doubletree for a week last Christmas. I was with family, so was behaving. But I did not see anything remotely looking like a lady looking for business.

However, as a vacation spot, it wasn't bad value.

Mellowg
08-25-14, 17:23
Downtown area (near Fischel Drug Store).

Miramar Pension & Bar.

Not much change here. Same environment, good ambiance, safe.

On Friday, 7 Dominicanas who are a little beefy for my choice. Well to each his own. Rooms are barely acceptable. Price c. 15,000 (exchange c. 533 = us $1).

El Porton Verde (the green door).

Janet is the owner / bartender. Her management style is very peculiar and you have to adjust. Some weekend she will have girls from the provinces show up as a gang (7 10). Among them you sometime get a gem. This will last a couple of weekends and the number goes down again to one or two local girls for the next couple of months. Hit or miss.

The environment is good, same for the ambiance when the girls are in as a gang, safe. Janet conducts a one person war against druggies so you won't find any on site.

Should you be one of the regulars, she will direct you to the room which is under the stairs, to the left of the men's bathroom. That room is decently clean, the other rooms are unknown.

Price is again c. 15,000.

The Good Fortune Pension and Bar.

New appearance for the Bar. They have gotten rid of the old kitchen / bar half way through the premises, and have gone back to a long bar with a new kitchen / eating counter close to the sidewalk, the rear half of the premises have been closed off. New paint (ahem) new administration.

Overall because of its open floor plan to the sidewalk the place is safer than before. The former owner just picked up it's toys and went back to the US, leaving the former mamasan to be demoted and become one of the regular girls. So on Friday there were about 10 girls on the floor, mostly Ticas with a sparkling of Nicas, age range from young 20's to the regular grandma who hunts (haunts) the place she must be in her high fifties, absolutely no accounting for tastes.

The rooms are upstairs and I cannot vouch for them as I have never been. Always took-out from here. Price again in the c. 15,000.

That is for the availability in beautiful downtown Puntarenas. There is still the "Vaca Brava" on the Pan-American highway near Barranca and the "Spanish House" in Esparza which I hope to be able to comment on in the next few weeks.

Enjoy.

Mellow.

Mellowg
09-06-15, 19:13
Last night (Saturday) around 23:00 tried to pay a visit to the Casa Espanola.

It was locked tight not a lightbulb burning anywhere. Guess we can take it off our list.

Motored down to the old Vaca Brava.

It has been renamed "The Brava" (an uptick in PR relations), the inside was spruced up a bit. Gone are the old uncomfortable couches, replaced by 4 seaters tables.

As far as providers were concerned, there were 8 sweethearts (Dominicanas) willingly hanging around. On my scale, they never rose about a 4/10. So beware.

The place is clean and seemed safe. Did not partake.

Enjoy.

Mellows.

World Travel 69
05-27-16, 00:19
From a very old list:

Everyone I asked did not know these:

~~Mon Cheries~~
~~Nano's~~
~~Temptations~~
~~Nuevo Rythmo~~
~~Maria Teresea's ~~

Newer from mellowg post:

El Porton Verde (the green door), On Avenida 1 at Calle Central. 8 Chicas. https://www.facebook.com/barportonverde.portonverde.
Busted for drugs. Dont know if they will reopen..

Good Fortune Pension and Bar, On Calle Central between Avenida Central Centenario (Ruta 17) and Avenida 1. 6+ chicas. Prices: c15 k 30 min. Hours: 11 am to Midnight. More chicas on Weekends. The rooms are upstairs.

Miramar Pension & Bar, next door to Good Fortune, the blue one in the photo (sort of). 7+ Dominicans. Rooms are barely acceptable. Prices: c15 k 30 min. More chicas on Weekends.

Out of Town:

Vaca Brava 12 Chicas. Hours: 4 pm to 1 am. On the Pan-American highway near Barranca and the "Spanish House" in Esparza.

Pass through the Town of Esparza, go down the last of the big hills, and come to the first LARGE river bridge (Barranca river).

Right at the Bus stop is the Vaca Brava.

Mellowg
03-24-17, 19:04
I have been informed that the Vaca Brava is no longer in business.

It was located at the intersection of the Panamerican Highway and the feeder route to Barranca.

I have driven in front of the place during what used to be business hours and the place is locked down.

Not a big loss in my book but it was a good place to stop and hydrate oneself on the way to the beaches.

Sorry for those who were patrons.

Mellow.

OldSchool318
01-11-21, 17:10
I posted about this seedy beach town in other areas, because I didn't see this. But, I love this place.

It is not for the average tourist. But if you are local, or have no fear of the locals, and are used to CR life then this place might be fun. It looks like it is not the safest place in CR for sure. As a matter of fact, I feel much safer in Jaco. Although, I never felt in danger anytime I have been there.

The place reminds me of Seaside Hts NJ. Before Sandy. Its got the same seedy vibe.

Anyway, the way I do it, is just approach girls by themselves or in 2 or 3 that are near the beach. I usually stay across the street at one of the hotels. I am surprised how many go to Jaco anyway. Keep in mind though not all. You have to make conversation and feel them out. This is not point and click. I have never been to the other bars previous mentioned but I would imagine that talent is not the most supreme.

OldSchool318
08-10-21, 21:25
I really think that Puntarenas (the city or town) could be a hidden place to really do well.

At some point I'm going to just stay here for about 3 or 4 days and play the bar, beach, and tinder game.

Typical Tica fees range from $80-$150 but I would bet here you could find $30-60. I would keep a room at one of the local hotels across from the beach and start swiping right while eating a typic Tico lunch.

Its a fisherman's and cruise ship town with lots of bars and people walking around. Many of the local girls in Jaco come from here. So. Why wouldn't there be an ample supply of hidden jems?

Any punters reading this that have done a bombing run there would love to hear about the experience in detail.

CrazyMan
08-11-21, 11:50
I really think that Puntarenas (the city or town) could be a hidden place to really do well.

At some point I'm going to just stay here for about 3 or 4 days and play the bar, beach, and tinder game.

Typical Tica fees range from $80-$150 but I would bet here you could find $30-60. I would keep a room at one of the local hotels across from the beach and start swiping right while eating a typic Tico lunch.

Its a fisherman's and cruise ship town with lots of bars and people walking around. Many of the local girls in Jaco come from here. So. Why wouldn't there be an ample supply of hidden jems?

Any punters reading this that have done a bombing run there would love to hear about the experience in detail.Ermmmm the average highs in Punta Arenas are 15 degrees Celsius. Not really beach weather LOL.

Zeos1
08-11-21, 17:01
Ermmmm the average highs in Punta Arenas are 15 degrees Celsius. Not really beach weather LOL.Not in the city of Puntarenas. It's on the coast (biggest port on Pacific side). As far as the state of Puntarenas. Depends on where. At the higher elevations it is cooler. But 15 see. That would have to be at over 5000 ft.

Zeos1
08-11-21, 17:06
Not in the city of Puntarenas. It's on the coast (biggest port on Pacific side). As far as the state of Puntarenas. Depends on where. At the higher elevations it is cooler. But 15 see. That would have to be at over 5000 ft.Looked it up. Average daily highs 30 C to 35 C. Similar to Jaco. Same coast and not far apart. Very tropical high humidity often.

OldSchool318
08-11-21, 17:07
Ermmmm the average highs in Punta Arenas are 15 degrees Celsius. Not really beach weather LOL.Puntarenas is the entire province. You are right it can have cooler temps in the mountain elevations.

However, I was speaking of the port city. Same temperatures and climate as Jaco. Seedy town. Many girls go to Jaco from Puntarenas area because of the tourist.

ChuchoLoco
08-11-21, 21:24
I really think that Puntarenas (the city or town) could be a hidden place to really do well..From what I understand, Puntarenas was once the place to go in Costa Rica. I'm talking many years ago. Ticos from Santa José still go there for long holiday weekends but it is run down and has definitely seen better days.

OldSchool318
08-16-21, 22:51
By way I re read what I have written.

I have been there and hung out there but not for many days We usually hit the Ferry to go to Santa Teresa and Tambor.

But I have not and what I wish to do is camp out in the bars beach and hotels and motels in Puntarenas for 4 or 5 days and that I have not done.

Zeos1
03-28-22, 06:48
By way I re read what I have written.

I have been there and hung out there but not for many days We usually hit the Ferry to go to Santa Teresa and Tambor.

But I have not and what I wish to do is camp out in the bars beach and hotels and motels in Puntarenas for 4 or 5 days and that I have not done.Puntarenas is both a city and a province. We may have some confusion here.

Zeos1
03-28-22, 06:53
Puntarenas is both a city and a province. We may have some confusion here.Puntarenas province includes the coast all the way from the south end of the Nicoya peninsula (Santa Teresa and Tambor beach areas) to Panama, including the cities of Puntarenas and Jaco, etc.

OldSchool318
03-31-22, 01:45
Puntarenas province includes the coast all the way from the south end of the Nicoya peninsula (Santa Teresa and Tambor beach areas) to Panama, including the cities of Puntarenas and Jaco, etc.I'm sorry I thought I was being clear. I was speaking of the port city.

You can get on the ferry's to go to Nicoya. A bunch of ladies that go to Jaco are from this local area.

I have spent a lot of time in Tambor and Santa Teresa and other places as well and they are not mongering destinations but if you have game the backpackers might be available. Ticas love being taken there but especially Santa Teresa is not exactly cheap.

World Travel 69
04-01-22, 15:38
This is the City.

They have a nice beach area, but not much action.

OldSchool318
04-03-22, 16:57
This is the City.

They have a nice beach area, but not much action.Jajajaj yep. Funny you posted the fish pic as a lot of the city smells like it sometimes. Definitely a fisherman's port city.

I do think there is action here though like I have written previous. I have been in the bars and if you chat up a lady it's very possible, but I do think the tinder game would get better results in that area. I would love to spend a week there instead of just a day or two as I do believe it has some hidden gems. I remember I stayed at an Airbnb with my tica and we had to lock everything up as it was in a side street and not the best part of town, but down there street there were ladies on the corner at various times.