PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rica - Travel Advice

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Lorenzo
06-14-08, 17:49
Here is probably the best place to get your questions answered: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa?forumID=12&keywordid=220

Prolijo
06-14-08, 18:28
Lorenzo,
That probably IS the best palce to get his answers but I somehow don't think that was the sort of answer Norman was looking for. He is obviously ALREADY familiar with Thorntree and Lonely Planet, since he even mentioned it in his post.

Norman,
I have experience in the sort of thing you're talking about. In fact, I spent a month last August (the very time period you're considering going), traveling all over Central America (not just CR) by bus. I've also rented SUV's and driven all over CR as well (many times). August is as good a time to do this as any and in some ways may even be the best. Sure, its rainy season, but the rains typically only come late in the afternoon (and then come as a welcome relief to the heat and humidity that had been rising all day). After that, the evenings are cooler and more comfortable. Offsetting this relatively mild "disadvantage", you have the advantage of fewer crowds and lower prices. And, if you want to just travel around as the spirit moves you without having any set hotel reservations, you'll more easily find last minute empty hotel rooms if you go at this less popular time.

In fact, I think you should even consider going one step beyond what your friend is talking about in terms of adventure by utilizing the extensive and inexpensive public bus system, or at least consider it for parts of your adventure.

For one thing, you can make forays to neighboring countries, something you can't do with a rental car. Managua, Nicaragua is IMHO a real pit, but it does have P4P opportunities. OTOH, Granada is a charming colonial city (with some street action) unlike anything they have in CR. And, further south, San Juan del Sur is a nice beach destination less than an hour from the border and it also reportedly has P4P possibilities, though I never found it. And, as long as we're mixing up transportation methods, you could take the ferry from Rivas to Isla Ometepe on Lake Nicaragua to explore its volcanos and beaches. On the Panama side you could pop over the border from Puerto Viejo (which is probably already on your list of CR's Atlantic coast beaches to visit) and go to Boca del Toros.

For another thing, even with 2 people to split the costs, renting a car for a full month (plus gas and insurance) won't be cheap. OTOH, most bus trips cost less than $10 per person and often less than $5. Even taking the Tica Bus all the way from SJ to Managua only costs $21 and if you're only going from say Playa Coco to SJdS you could do it much cheaper than that with local buses. And if you came by bus, you won't be paying for rental charges while you're staying a few days at one location and your car is mostly just sitting around.

For a third thing, there are some places in CR itself that you can't get to so easily be car if at all (e.g. Tortuguero and parts of the Osa Peninsula like Drake Bay).

One final plus for taking the bus is the much greater opportunity and liklihood that you'll interact with locals, REAL locals and not just those who interact routinely with tourists (and are probably jaded by it).

Granted going the bus route is not all roses and I'm sure I don't have to point out those advantages to most of you. If you have your own car, you're not a slave to the regular bus schedules and routes. You can come and go whenever you please. And you can go places that buses don't go or go very infrequently. For example, I've always wanted to check out Santa Rosa & Rincon de la Vieja Parks in northern CR, but as near as I can tell the closest one can get to them by bus is being dropped off at a side road along the PAH. Because of the way most routes are set-up in CR (and, for that matter, in other CA countries) getting anywhere besides to/from the capital can be much more circuitous and time-consuming. Unless the 2 places you're travelling between are on a route that begins or ends in SJ, you'll probably need to change buses someplace if not return to SJ altogether. OTOH, making your trip a series of loops that return to SJ several times is not the worst way to go if you're a monger. However, if you didn't have a full month to play with and wanted to cover a lot of ground in a short time, which is not your case, then I'd admit having a car would beat buses hands-down.

One last aspect of the car vs. bus issue that I should touch upon. If you came by bus instead of car, you won't have your own local transportation. This means walking short distances to get to various things you want to see or do or paying for local taxis. This might mean a "transportation surcharge" of sorts if you want to stay at a place far outside of town or away from the bus route or drastically cut down on your places to stay if you don't want to pay for local cabs. Fortunately, the cheaper "tico type lodging" tends to also be closer to town if not inside town itself, so this is not as much of a drawback as it might first seem. Even, if you do stay some place outside of town, it takes a LOT of local cabs to match what it costs to rent a SUV per day, much more than you're ever likely to need.

Bottom line: I'd play around with places you want to go and see what sorts of itineraries (loops) you can come up with that do not necessitate renting a car and then, if you wind up with some that you really think you're better of doing with a car, then put them together for their own loop. That way you might be able to get away with having to rent a car for part of your time, save a lot of money and have an even bigger and better adventure then you initially dreamed.

I might not be the monger master that others on this board may be, but I do know quite a bit about traveling around CR tico-style. If you or anyone else has specific questions or wants non-mongering advice on CR, feel free to PM me.

Norman Stormin
06-14-08, 19:57
Thanks Lorenzo, coincidentally I was on that very Lonley Planet Thorntree thread as you were posting. That was where I found that the Pan American Highway had been closed. Thanks again.

Prolijo, your advice was exactly spot on; the weather aspects, whether or not a rental would be more of a hinderance than help. The thought had crossed my mind to use SJO as a base camp for your suggested loop trips. Also your suggestion to use local transport as my only experience of the day trip to Limon proved successful. And most importantly, to have a guarenteed sperm depository if some of the destinations proved "unfertile". Thanks for your perceptions and offer of further assistance. I will be taking you up on that.

Prolijo
06-15-08, 00:45
...if some of the destinations proved "unfertile".If SOME of the destinations proved "unfertile"? I'd suggest you should probably figure on MOST of the destinations outside SJ proving "unfertile". The obvious exception is Jaco. Traditional tourist meccas like Manuel Antonio and Playa Flamingo, might present some P4P opportunities but at prices and quality that will probably have you running back to SJ. The best that can be said for those places is that if you're not going to be back in SJ in a few days (or can't wait those few days), you should be able to find some hooker someplace who will be happy to take your money. OTOH, you found Limon to be "fertile" ground for "poontang". If sailor brothel hookers are your thing you might find Puntarenas to be fertile too, but these are hardly the sorts of places that draw most visitors to CR (nor probably the types of places that will leave a favorable impression on the part of your buddy). There are so many so much more beautiful parts of CR, it would be a shame to tailor your travel choices to focus on seedy port towns just because there may be more pussy available there.

I don't say any of this to cast any value judgement on your expectations, but if you don't want to virtually forego the opportunity for decent P4P for any extended length of time (or completely give in to your buddies desire to get out of SJ) then the "loop approach" that I suggested will definitely be the best way for you to go. Perhaps you could do a "one-on-two-off" allocation where you spend say your 1st 3 days dipping your wicks in SJ after you land followed by a 6 day loop, 3 days back in SJ, 6 more on the road, etc.. Over 30 days that would give you 12 solid days for mongering and 18 days spread out over 3 loops exploring the country. Of course, these are rough amounts and you can adjust the math any way you see fit, but you should probably figure on spending at least 2-3 days in each place you want to go and a loop of 2-3 stops should probably take at least 6 days each time.

So what "loops" would I do if I were you? That really depends on your interests. Personally, I'm not a big beach person and, particularly during the summer months find the highland destinations a bit cooler. So I'll start with a few of the most obvious highland possibilities

Have you been to Arenal yet? Even if you have, that is worth much more than just a quicky day trip out of SJ. There aren't a lot (any) P4P opportunities there but OTOH you might want to bring some "entertainment" with you and Arenal could be one of the best places to do that. Believe me after softening a chica up in the hot springs during the day she'll melt like butter in your hands that night. The potential pitfall to bringing a chica with you (aside from how much it might cost you) is how well you might get along after spending so many hours together. You might get along great in an hour hotel room session or a few hours chatting at the BM, but one-on-one for days on end often reveals how small things can become major irritants. At the very least, be prepared to send her back to SJ early if things start to sour. I suggest you read the comments on this sort of approach on this thread very carefully.

Other highland destinations? Monteverde is next on the hit parade and it can easily be made into a very nice loop with Arenal by taking the scenic boat ride across the lake. Check out www.monteverdeinfo.com and www.arenal.net for more info on these 2 destinations. A couple of other possible but somewhat less common/popular highland destinations include the Cerro de la Murte area and Rincon de la Vieja.

I mention Cerro de la Muerte, which is on the PAH between Cartago and San Isidro, because it can easily be included on a nice somewhat longer loop that also includes the beach destinations of Dominical, Manuel Antonio and Jaco. This is a high mountain (cloud forest) area with relatively cool temperatures, several small reasonably priced auberges and excellent trout fishing or birding (which ever interests you more). Dominical is a nice funky surfer beach area that is much less despoiled by tourists than either Manuel Antonio or Jaco (for more info check out www.dominical.biz). Manuel Antonio has perhaps the most beautiful beach in CR (draws the most tourists because of it). If you feel yourself going into pussy withdrawal after so many days on the road between the auberges of the highlands and the surfer cabinas of Dominical, you might want to just head straight on to Jaco to get some relief. Unlike Arenal, where you need to bring any "entertainment" with you, there is no need to take any sand to the beach since Jaco has more than enough in the way of P4P. In fact, Jaco may present enough of a refueling spot that you might even feel you could extend your loop from there rather than head right back to San Jose (from there you could head on to Monteverde and Arenal and merge these 2 loops together or you could head across the Gulf to the Montezuma/Mal Pais/Sta Teresa area(see www.nicoyapeninsula.com)).

I guess I got off on the beach areas, so where was I? Oh yeah, the other highland destination I mentioned is Rincon. This is one area that might be better done with a car. There are no buses that I know of that will take you up there and I'm not sure how much a hired driver from Liberia might cost. But there is a lot of neat stuff to see and do in that area that might make it worthwhile including lots of waterfalls, horseback riding, a theraupuetic hot mud spring spa, hiking, volcanic craters and fumaroles etc.. Also, while I wouldn't exactly call it a loop (since you head back to SJ the same way you came) but you could bundle this trip with a sidetrip to one of the Guanacaste beaches, particularly one of the Papagayo beaches (Coco, Hermosa, Ocotal) which are less than an hour on the other side of Liberia (and which might have something for P4P if you can't wait until you get back to SJ).

There are your 2-3 loops right there, including some P4P commentary that you won't find on Thorntree. If all of those don't float your boat there are others I haven't really mentioned yet. First of all, on that last one instead of hading back to SJ from the northern CR area, you could hop across the border into Nicaragua like I suggested before. I also didn't mention anything on the Atlantic coast. As with the Rincon/Papagayo itinerary, it is not exactly a loop since you come back the way you came, but continuing past Limon to Cahuita, Puerto Viejo and posssibly even Panama would make another nice side trip if one or more of the other ones I mentioned don't interest you. If you just go to Cahuita or Puerto Viejo you could even make this a shorter "loop" and return to SJ after just a few couple of days. And finally, I haven't said anything about either the Tortugeuero area on the north Atlantic or Osa on the southern Pacific, You can't drive or take a bus to het to Tortuguero. There is cheap public transportation through Cariari but otherwise you'll have to fly or take an expensive private boat to get there. And the Osa Peninsula is about as far as you can get in CR from SJ. That means either an expensive flight or a really long drive to get there. Most likely you could tag it on to that Dominical loop I mentioned earlier but that would mean an even longer time away from SJ.

San Diego Jim
06-15-08, 07:00
Does anyone know of the mongering conditions during the Christmas holiday weeks in San Jose? I am planning a two week stay during that time and want to know if most of the chicas go home for the holidays?

Dr Travel Man
06-16-08, 02:38
Does anyone know of the mongering conditions during the Christmas holiday weeks in San Jose? I am planning a two week stay during that time and want to know if most of the chicas go home for the holidays?Christmas week is slow in SJO. You can find girls before and after christmas but you must have things set up in advance for Christmas day.

Norman Stormin
06-17-08, 17:16
You must be the Editor In Residence for Frommer's or Lonley Planet. Your suggetions have been quite valuable. We have scrapped the 4wd idea and are going to do your loop excursions relying solely on local transportation. The first leg, after a few nights in SJO will be to Limon. Overnight there so we can catch an early morning bananna boat out of Moin to Tortuguero. A few nights in the Village observing turtles and tourists then back through Limon to Puerto Vijeho. This will be the base of operations for day trips along the coast as far as Panama. Return to SJO once burn out sets in.

Have extensively studied the CDC website regarding malaria and dengue fever. How pervasive is this? We will take all recommended precautions. Is it advisable to take the Chloroquine prophylaxis? Can you obtain mosquito repellants containing DEET locally or should we bring a supply?

As for p4p, we've both mongered in places much worse than Limon. My wingman left Germany at 18 as a cook on the Holland America Line. I'm sure we'll find entertainment wherever we go. Look forward to sharing some of the outback experiences as it is serverly lacking here.

Prolijo
06-18-08, 01:07
Here is some really good info on how to get to Tortuguero as an independent traveler (as opposed to paying for some expensive package deal through one of the tourist lodges out there): www.geocities.com/tortugueroinfo/main.html.

Note: You do not necessarily HAVE to overnight in Limon to catch a boat from Moin early the next day, unless there is something about the nightlife in Limon that you really really like. You could catch an (admittedly) very early bus from SJ and still make one of the boats. That would enable you to do your partying the night before in SJ instead of Limon. Also about the best that you might do on a boat from Moins is $50 r/t (maybe even more now that fuel prices are what they are) but if you miss that boat (or its full) you could wind up paying as much as $200 r/t for a private boat. If you're feeling just a little bit more adventurous you should be able to get to Tortuguero more directly from SJ if you go by way of Cariari and La Pavona for about only $7/ea (and I doubt that could have gone up that much). That route was also described in the link I provided but here is another one that might have some additional info on that route that the 1st link left out: www.tortuguerovillage.com/English/gettinghere/publictransport.htm

You could also just try that one way and go through Moins on the other. If you'reheading to Puerto Viejo after that it would make more sense to go through Moin and Limon on the way back from Tortuguero. OTOH, according to those articles, the wildlife viewing is better on the way to Tortuguero from Moins than it is in the other direction. Just a few points for you to consider.
--------------

As for Malaria prophylaxis, lo be it for me to tell you not to take any preventative measures when it comes to Malaria. I'd hate to be the one to tell you no and then find out that you managed to contract it because you listened to me. That being said, if it were me, I probably wouldn't bother with the pills and would rely instead on a good supply of DEET. And I am one who has taken chloroquinine at times in the past. Here is why I'd personally no longer bother unless I were going into the deepest darkest heart of Africa or something.
1) The pills aren't even close to 100% effective anyway.
2) They have some side effects, admittedly none that are that serious but side effects nonetheless.
3)You have to remember to take the pill every week for several weeks before, during and after your potential exposure in order for the pills to be effective as they can be.
4) Not ALL mosquitos carry malaria, so even if you get bitten that doesn't necessarily mean you've been exposed to it (just as getting bitten in the US doesn't mean you'll get Lyme's Disease).
5) If you take steps to minimize mosquito bites in general, something you're going to want to do anyway since such bites are unpleasant, your odds of also being bitten by an INFECTED mosquitos are really not all that great, at least not where you'll be going.
6) Basically, it is an unneccesary bother and expense, that would be worth it only if the real risk of disease were much greater than it actually is.

Despite what you might have heard, the risk of malaria to visitors to CR is virtually nil. There have been zero reported cases of any foreign visitors catching malaria in CR. And the areas where locals have become infected are very specific and not at all where most visitors ever go. For example, you might think that Tortuguero would be a higher risk area because the area around it is relative swampy. Not so. The area with the greatest concentration of incidents is actually a very small area around the town of Matina, which is banana plantation area about halfway between Limon and Siquirres (there have also been incidents along the Panama border on the Caribbean side). And that is because of the poor health conditions available to the plantation workers as much as it has to do with it being wet lowlands.

Okay, you might be passing near this area on your way to/from Tortuguero (especially if you go by way of Moins) but it will be during the height of day when mosquitos are less active rather than the early evening and night when they come out in force. And you won't be spending a lot of time there even during the day, just passing through.

I'd simply bring the DEET or buy it there (readily available) and not worry about any pills, but you can do whatever you think best.
-------

BTW, just because I'm a cheap bastard who likes to travel around like a native doesn't mean you should necessarily totally scrap the 4wd idea. I've also driven a lot in CR and all other practicalities and economics aside find it to be quite fun. I just wouldn't rent a car for the full month (and definitely not at all while I was staying in SJ, unless possibly it was just to pick the car up and drop it off on the way in/out of town). However, if you've got the money to spare, I'd still consider renting one for at least a portion of your trip, even if it is just for a few days. What you should do is think about which parts of your trip (if any) are most constrained by relying just on public transportation and consider splurging on a 4wd at those places.

Naked Gunz
06-18-08, 02:43
Despite what you might have heard, the risk of malaria to visitors to CR is virtually nil.

Malaria may be rare but AFRICAN KILLER BEES are real...got swarmed last month fishing. I only thank God I'm not alergic. If you here any kind of buzzing, get the hell out of the area! Our mere presence started the swarm.

Norman Stormin
06-18-08, 14:12
I only read at CDC that malaria "exists" in the province of Limon, they give no information on the frequency. I feel better now. Long sleeve shirts and pants and plenty of DEET. Is permethrin (permanone) insecticide also available locally?

Transport from Moin to Tortuguero: Found 2 references in a travel book published by "MOON" 2007 edition that a public water taxi has daily service at 10:00 am for $6. returns at 1:30 pm. Any knowledge of this or is it a closley guarded secret for locals only?

Very usefull links, thank you.

Extraordinary
06-22-08, 07:30
I will travel to Costa Rica from David, Panama for 3 days or so to renew my tourist card for another 3 months stay in Panama.

I was excited at first about traveling to CR, however, after hearing so many stories about how safety is really a concern down there, my perception will be completely different than it was before.

Could you guys give me some advice especially on safety issues, like where to stay and stay out of, what hotel is safe to stay in, and what to do, not to do and etc. Also, is there any safe and fun place to stay at near the CR and Panama border? I don't think I will travel to San Jose or too far away from the border.

Thanks for your advice, I really do appreciate it.

Dgfd
06-22-08, 16:35
Malaria may be rare but AFRICAN KILLER BEES are real...got swarmed last month fishing. I only thank God I'm not alergic. If you here any kind of buzzing, get the hell out of the area! Our mere presence started the swarm.I am allergic and I do fish everytime I am in CR.

Thanks

Norman Stormin
08-31-08, 03:05
I only read at CDC that malaria "exists" in the province of Limon, they give no information on the frequency. I feel better now. Long sleeve shirts and pants and plenty of DEET. Is permethrin (permanone) insecticide also available locally?

Transport from Moin to Tortuguero: Found 2 references in a travel book published by "MOON" 2007 edition that a public water taxi has daily service at 10:00 am for $6. returns at 1:30 pm. Any knowledge of this or is it a closley guarded secret for locals only?

Very usefull links, thank you.

Water taxi from Moin to Tortuguero: THEY HAVE IT LOCKED UP. It is 3,000 for locals 15,000 for tourists. No getting around it. No tickets for that matter.

Two weeks on the Caribean coast and never saw a mosquito. We'll see in about 3 weeks if one saw me !

Prolijo
08-31-08, 03:31
Isn't "gringo pricing" wonderful? I knew that $6 rate for the water taxi from Moins quoted from the Moon guide was too good to be true (and far from the only inaccuracy in those books either), but apparently you didn't want to take my word for it. I assume those prices are for each way. So my $50 for the round trip plus a little more now that fuel prices went up was really not that far off. There still is a way around it though if you're willing to take the "local" route by bus and boat throught Cariari that I also spoke of earlier.

I'm happy to hear you had a good trip! Now when are you planning to go back? :)

Assman666
09-01-08, 20:09
I'm trying to plan a trip by myself to some Central and South American countries. To monger. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or comments on where I'm going and the routes that I will be taking. Anything would be very beneficial such as where to and not take the bus. Let me first say I'm 20 year old male my Spanish is alright. I can get by. So I'm thinking I fly in to Cartagena Colombia spend 5 nights there, then catch a bus to Caracas (any tips on customs is the bus safe to take there? ) then from Caracas I would like to catch a bus to puerto la cruz Venezuela spend some nights there. Then catch the ferry to Margairta Island. Then from the airport in margarita island I would fly to Panama city spend some nights there. Then catch a bus to San Jose, Costa Rica. Then fly home to los angeles. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. I plan on being on this trip for 25 days and I'm bringing about 2,000 dollars.

Underwriter
09-01-08, 21:58
I'm trying to plan a trip by myself to some Central and South American countries. To monger. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or comments on where I'm going and the routes that I will be taking. Anything would be very beneficial such as where to and not take the bus. Let me first say I'm 20 year old male my Spanish is alright. I can get by. So I'm thinking I fly in to Cartagena Colombia spend 5 nights there, then catch a bus to Caracas (any tips on customs is the bus safe to take there? ) then from Caracas I would like to catch a bus to puerto la cruz Venezuela spend some nights there. Then catch the ferry to Margairta Island. Then from the airport in margarita island I would fly to Panama city spend some nights there. Then catch a bus to San Jose, Costa Rica. Then fly home to los angeles. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. I plan on being on this trip for 25 days and I'm bringing about 2,000 dollars.You are living the dream. Sounds like a lot of fun. Only thing I would change is if you are going to start in Colombia, I would have to start in Medellin. I have been to Colombia, Venezuela and Costa Rica. All great places to visit. You are going to have a blast!

Good Luck.

UW

PapaMac
09-01-08, 22:33
You are living the dream. Sounds like a lot of fun. Only thing I would change is if you are going to start in Colombia, I would have to start in Medellin. I have been to Colombia, Venezuela and Costa Rica. All great places to visit. You are going to have a blast!

Good Luck.

UWSounds like a plan. You say you speak Spanish and if you can blend in, you should be fine. The buses in Colombia would be the only concern I would have. Do some research on this board and on other Colombian travel sites about the particular safety of the route you will be taking, the information is there. I'm about the same age, have been to Colombia and Costa Rica. Have takin many buses, many times, never had any sort of problems. Although I am blond hair and blue eyes. Just be smart.

Like the previous post stated, I would also recommend starting in Medellin. For mongering, this would definitely be helpful with your budget as you will find some bargains.

I can gather, with this type of itinerary, you are an adventure seeker. So just do it.

Looking For Eden
09-02-08, 05:56
I'm trying to plan a trip by myself to some Central and South American countries. To monger. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or comments on where I'm going and the routes that I will be taking. Anything would be very beneficial such as where to and not take the bus. Let me first say I'm 20 year old male my Spanish is alright. I can get by. So I'm thinking I fly in to Cartagena Colombia spend 5 nights there, then catch a bus to Caracas (any tips on customs is the bus safe to take there? ) then from Caracas I would like to catch a bus to puerto la cruz Venezuela spend some nights there. Then catch the ferry to Margairta Island. Then from the airport in margarita island I would fly to Panama city spend some nights there. Then catch a bus to San Jose, Costa Rica. Then fly home to los angeles. Any suggestions would help me out a lot. I plan on being on this trip for 25 days and I'm bringing about 2,000 dollars.

I think 2 grand for 25 days is a tight budget. I usually do twice that for the same amount of time in SA. You will have a great time regardless though. Good luck and please put up a report when you return.

DR Monger II
09-02-08, 09:21
2 Grand isnt enough for 1 woman for 25 days in Costa Rica. However, you plan on traveling latin America. It's barely enough for hotel and food and transportation arrangements.

El Greco
09-02-08, 16:33

I would definetly start from Medellin. I wouldn't go on bus from Cartagena over to Caracas. I only went up to Baranquilla. In Cartagena there are some nice discos, full of chicas, a little bit out of town. Ask your receptionist or a taxi driver.

Once in Puerto la Cruz stay at the new part of the city. On the far side of it there is a very large complex with discos, bars and restaurants. It is a must for Friday-Saturday nights. Lots of very-very nice chicas. On the way there you will find a lot of beach bars with nice young people hanging there. IMHO the best beach there was San Juan. A small fishermen village about 40 min drive from the city with a lagoon type beach with very clear waters. Take a chica with you and you will be fine.

We took the ferry to isla Margarita. The best beach there was on the other side of the island. Can't remember the name. We walked through a large and expensive resort hotel to get to the beach.

Expenses. Let's see. your main concern would be accomodation and pussy expenses.eg hotel $20-30 average, food and beverage $20, tickets and transport $15 totals $65/day. So you have another $15 for pussy. Since you are so young you will not have to pay most of the time but remember that chicas in South America expect that you have to pay for their drinks and sometimes it is more expensive than paid sex. In other words have a credit card handy and you might find your self in need of another $500 on the credit card.

I was planing a trip to PTY-SJO-SAL-MGA and GUA for next month but a knee injury is holding me back. My plans have changed for next February-March starting from Fortaleza Brasil on the way to Miami.

Have fun and report. Remember that you are a very lucky man if you can do trips like that at your age.

Hope that it helps.

El Greco

Assman666
09-02-08, 17:23
Thanks for your help guys. The only thing I'm nervous of is that I'm the most american looking guy blonde hair blue eyes. I'm afraid I'll get jacked. Do you guys think any of those placed besides Caracas is a place I should not goto?

Prolijo
09-04-08, 04:39
Let me get this straight. You're going to start in Cartagena and travel east before flying back west to Panama City. If I were you I'd fly into Porlamar first. A quick search at Kayak showed that might actually be a cheaper and slightly shorter total flight from LAX than going to Cartagena. And I'd also bet there are many more, cheaper and shorter flights between Cartagena and Panama City too, since they're both much more important destinations, much closer to each other and with no other major stops in between. Alternatively, fly into San Jose first and do your trip in the opposite direction. That would have the advantage of starting you out in an "easier" city before you undertake the cultural challenges of 3rd world bus travel, which could be important if you haven't done any trips like this before.

As for the advice to travel between Bogota or even Medellin through the mountains to Caracas instead of taking one of the direct coastal buses from Cartagena, well I won't comment on the relative mongering strengths of each city, but from a purely logistical standpoint it makes no sense. The bus from Cartagena to Caracas takes 20 hrs which is bad enough that you'd probably want to break that up somewhere along the way any way. The bus just from Medellin to Bogota takes 9 hours by itself, then it is another 16 hours from there just to the Venezuelan border and it is still another 14 hours from there to Caracas.

There is something to what has been said about your travel budget. El Greco's estimate may not be too far off for a relatively budget oriented trip, though you could probably do even better depending on how much you're willing to scrimp. Most guys around here would probably spend much more than that. Their point is though that even if you could keep your costs down to just 2 grand that doesn't exactly leave a helluva lot for mongering costs.

My larger concern would not be so much your expense budget though as it would be your time budget. Five days in Cartagena alone out of 25 leaves just 20 for everything else. If you then spend 20 hours on a bus you're probably not going to want to rush through your next stop. To make it easier you might also want to stop in Maracaibo which is about halfway to Caracas. You could save some hotel expense by taking night buses, but I wouldn't swear to how safe they'd be for a gringo. So now we're talking up to 3 days just to get to Caracas (2 long ones on buses and 1 stopping over in Maracaibo). Then say at least 2-3 more in Caracas (or proportionately more if you do the 20 hour trip non-stop) before you rush off to Puerto La Cruz. That's another 5 hour ride or the better part of the day. So now we're up to day 11 or 12 or nearly halfway through your trip. You said another few days there (3?). I'm not sure you'd want to spend that long there since it doesn't have much that you aren't going to find on Margarita. The big thing near there is Mochima NP which you could do a boat excursion out to one day, but you'll also see much of the same scenery on the ferry ride out to Margarita (take the slower ones). How long in Margarita? Another 3 days plus the half day for the ferry out there? Now we're up to day 18 leaving just a week for PC and SJ. The night bus between PC and SJ is perfectly safe but then you're going to miss a lot of the counttry side. Three days each in each capital leaves you with just 1 day to spare to see anything else in those countries. If this is just a mongering trip then might be perfectly fine with you, but I think if you just stuck to the latin american cities you'd really be missing the best aspects of those countries. You could "steal" some time from some of your other stops so you'd have more time in Panama and CR, but then those places would be proportionally rushed.

IMHE, there is always some tradeoff between truly budget travel and time. Buses take time. Air flights cost money. If you take the bus there are always unforeseen delays in addition to just the length of the bus ride, like arranging the tickets, finding the terminals, making connections and simply waiting around. Bus fares may be cheap, but they're still an expense and travel days always seem to cost more than days just spent in one location. Shorten your stay in each place and increase the number of places you visit and your costs go up.

Besides that the first day or so in a new place also will cost you more. There's always a learning curve. Taking cabs before learning how the local buses work, finding the cheaper places to eat, even finding the best hotel for the money if you arrive in town late and don't have time to hunt around (which is another thing that can eat up your time). You can save some money by preparing some of your own meals or washing your own clothes but getting supplies and putting it together is another thing that takes time (personally I don't think its worth the savings). If you visit a place regularly or stay there for several days or more, you may get to know your way around but the first day or two that you go someplace you'll inevitably make mistakes that will cost you money or time (or both).

On a budget trip you won't be spending all your time doing vacationy things like you would on one where you pay for all the conveniences like carefully timed tour buses to pick you up and take you directly to each next activity. For example, in SJ for $100 you could take a tour that will take you to a half a dozen sights around the central valley in one day. To do that on the cheap by public bus would take at least 2-3 and would be simply be impossible to do in the same amount of time.

In summary, I think your trip is a certainly possible. But I think you should seriously consider either increasing your money budget or the time of your trip or else cutting down on the amount of ground that you want to cover (e.g. in addition to Colombia, do either Caracas Margarita Island or SJ and PC but not both). That way you won't wind up feeling like you're racing around from one place to the next (If its Tueday it must be Belgium) and you'll get a better, more in depth experience of each place.

I'll close with one of my favorite budget travel sayings "Always pack half as much stuff as you think you're going to need to bring and always bring twice as much money as you think you're going to need to spend."

Iguana Six
10-08-08, 01:54
I am shipping out for the Middle East before the holidays. I would like the forum's advice in deciding where I should I go for some pre-deployment mongering, as where I am going will be as dry as a bone.

I used to go to Tijuana in 2000, have been to San Jose in 2006, and have made several recent trips to Panama City. I hope to get in a October and an early November trip in, each of a week or less duration.

A short Tijuana trip would have easy logistics. Fewer questions are asked for a pass to Los Angeles. A flight from the east coast (IAD or RIC) isn't too expensive, and hopefully neither are hotels and rental cars in San Diego. I don't know what the current quality of the AB and CC talent is.

Costa Rica requires a cover story. Getting a good rate on a flight and a hotel might require at least a month's advance purchase. I recall the talent in the lobby of the Del Rey ranged from porn star to fryolater operator at the Dairy Queen.

Panama requires a cover story, good rates for flight/hotel. However, I could easily spend a week going through the "sampler package" at Golden Times. (Have they raised their prices?) I am still fascinated by the snap shots I took of one particular CMM (Colombian Mattress Monster)....

So help a fellow monger out. Where would you go if you could do two short (and hopefully not too expensive) trips?

Qncterra
01-09-09, 05:54
I received a couple reports of a 6.2 earthquake today, with a couple of casualties and several injuries, and a number of buildings running generators. I am just looking for any local reports on what's happening. I'll probably be coming back in March. Thanks.

Superman06
01-09-09, 20:47
The earthquake appears to have done some very serious damage to buildings and roadways on the mountainous areas. Sadly there have been several deaths. AM Costa Rica has some good coverage.
http://www.amcostarica.com/index.htm

CRT members who are in CR posted ongoing reports of what was happening and still are.

Teletica 7 has several good video reports showing road and building damage from a helicopter. I watched a few last night. Unfortunatly their server appears to be jammed. But you might want to check later.
http://www.teletica.com/videos.php

Vector313
01-16-09, 01:34
Hello guys,

I am currently looking for somewhere to go to get dental veneers. I've scoured the net for places such as Thailand, poland, etc. And have found information for a facility in San Jose, CR. I was wondering have any of you found good places to have dental work in other central or south american countries such as Panama, Brazil, or Columbia. The flights to Asia or Europe are much more expensive, and I do not know much about Costa Rica, so I am a little leary. I do whoever like that fact that the facility in CR can do the entire dental process in a week. Also, I'd like to go to a place where there would be some beautiful women (preferably dark, negritas).

Vector

Green_Thumb
01-23-09, 22:33
Vector,

I am leaving for San Jose for veneer work tomorrow. First meeting is on Monday, Jan 26th for initial consult, pictures, molding, etc. And then having work done on Friday, Jan 30th. I am going with Dr. Alejandro Mora Lasso of Dental Cosmetics Costa Rica.

I'll let you know how everything went as far as pricing, service, etc. When I get back.

GT

Gam3000
01-25-09, 04:09
Me and my cousin are trying to decide either Panama, Costa Rica, or Medillen.

We did the DR sosua trip twice and we are looking for the same type of experience.
any ideas?

Green_Thumb
02-04-09, 22:47
Ok,

Back from CR with a brand new smile! I love the new veneers, never had whiter teeth in my life. Very happy how everything went. If anyone wants the details, PM me. There's a lot of info I have on specifics of pain, pricing, etc. That I don't want to clutter this site with as this should be dedicated to the chicas!

GT

Fifth Vodka
02-27-09, 17:59
I don't speak any spanish, but I would like to get in contact with your doctor to get an initial fitting. Thank you for posting, us newbies to the "hobby" really appreciate the help. I will be in CR from the 11-16th but a flight for me is only 350 or so, so I would be able to come back easily if necessary.

Thanks

Tim

Zev1234
03-03-09, 05:45
Ok, so last year when I went to Cartagena I consulted with the CTG forums over here and they helped a lot with my trip, telling me where to go/stay/and what to see. I ended up having an amazing time so I figured I would do the same with CR.

I am now planning a trip to Costa Rica with 3 of my buddies. We are going in late May and need some advice.

So, we are all in between the ages of 22-25. The trip will be 8 days in total. Landing in San Jose, we will be staying there for 3 days. For those 3 days we basically want to hit up as many bars/clubs/strip clubs ect. As possible. After 3 days in San Jose we want to go to the beaches for 4 days then back to San Jose. Not sure where to go though. I'm thinking Tamarindo but if you guys know better places please share.

Not sure how the mongering scene is outside of San Jose so please share on that. I know this is basically a mongering forum but that is not the only purpose of my trip. Yes I want to fuck as many chicks as possible but also we want to get to see Costa Rica. I know you all are the experts so I need general info.

What beaches to stay at? Are there beach front villas we can rent for cheap or what hotels/resorts can you recommend that won't bother us with the girls. Whats the travel time from San Jose-Tamarindo (or any other beach area). Should we rent a car or just get around by taxi-cabs? Basically we want to be able to do as much of the daily activities as possible (rainforest hikes, surfing, atv tours ect.) during the day and fuck girls during the nights. We want the best experience and want to take in all that Costa Rica has to offer.

What recommendations do you gentleman have for us? Any help is much obliged.

Mr Jetsetter
03-05-09, 10:03
Zev1234

Spend some time reading this forum and exercising the search function. Your general questions have been repeatedly dealt with and discussed in depth.

I will offer this. Really, the only decent seaside mongering destination in Costa Rica is Jaco. The beach there kind of sucks, but go five kilometers or so south to Playa Hermosa and things get much nicer and cleaner.

Soft Bob
03-06-09, 19:29
Zev1234,

You should consider renting a car and driver to take the 4 of you all over the place. A good driver who speaks English will be able to give you a lot of info. and with 4 of you sharing the cost you should be able to come out the same as paying for cabs and air flights or buses to get around.

Go to the Costa Rica Institute of Tourism Board web site (ICT). Google it.

You should then be able to decide where you want to go.

Zev1234
03-07-09, 20:08
Soft Bob,

How necessary is hiring a driver? We were planning on renting a car with a GPS system and driving ourselves. Anyone have any experience driving around in CR?

Fantasy
03-07-09, 23:47
Ok,

Back from CR with a brand new smile! I love the new veneers, never had whiter teeth in my life. Very happy how everything went. If anyone wants the details, PM me. There's a lot of info I have on specifics of pain, pricing, etc. That I don't want to clutter this site with as this should be dedicated to the chicas!

GT

I also had a great experience, including three bridges and 16 solid porcelean crowns in September. Not one problem at all. Price i paid $2,700.00 us, price i was quoted in Charlotte, NC over 25k!! Hope photo of before and after does not gross you out, but i thought it important for anyone thinking about it!

Fantasy
03-08-09, 03:19
My Dentist came to me very highly recommended. Her office is near the childrens hospital in downtown San Jose. The building looks shitty from the outside, but has a pharmacy on the first floor. Her office is gorgeous, Below are a few shots of the office. Tell her John A. sent you.
Dr. Rita Rubenstein

WHEN CALLING FROM U.S. CELL OR LANDLINE DIAL:
011-506-2221-9569 office
011-506-2289-4492 residence
Apdo. 7284-1000 San Jose, Costa Rica

NOW BACK TO THE PUTAS!!!

Zev1234
03-17-09, 03:57
Anyone know if there are any nightclubs in San Jose and Jaco where we can meet non-working girls as well as working girls?I heard there are some great clubs in Costa Rica that play a lot of electronic music and such... Im interested in finding out if there are any clubs that are open all night where you can meet people, dance, and possibly pick up some chicks.

BabyHuey
03-19-09, 02:08
I just booked Continental, non-stop from Houston October 13-October 20 (have to stay 7 days) for $358 including tax round trip (obviously). This is the best deal I have seen from Continental from Houston since I started going to CR a couple of years ago. I think this is a short time deal. Maybe prices will go lower or maybe they will go back up. I decided to jump on this before the flights I wanted fill up. Check it out soon if you are heading down there. All flights right now are cheaper, and even less if you leave and return Tuesday thru Thursday.

Rsx2005
04-13-09, 17:51
Hey guys,

Just wondering how bad the rainy season is there. I was trying to go in mid May, but I am not able to go til after the 5th of June. I hear some say its not worth it and other sites say its not bad at all and its actually a better time to go. If it sounds too bad from the experts, then i will go somewhere else and hit CR another time.

Thanks

Lancer520
04-13-09, 23:33
Hey guys,

Just wondering how bad the rainy season is there. I was trying to go in mid May, but I am not able to go til after the 5th of June. I hear some say its not worth it and other sites say its not bad at all and its actually a better time to go. If it sounds too bad from the experts, then i will go somewhere else and hit CR another time.

Thanks
Depends on where you are in CR during the rainy season. I'm usually in Jaco during the summer and it's usually sunny in the morning and early afternoon, then rains from like 4-8 and then stops at night. I don't mind it much at all. Very rarely it rains all day and night. In San Jose it seems to rain more. Not as heavy but more consistant daily light rain. If you're going to have fun in San Jose, honestly the weather doesn't matter too much. Down at the beach, just get up early and get your sun.

Kajun4158
04-13-09, 23:42
What is the going price for a woman to stay all night with you?

What is the short term price in USD?

What is the long term price in USD?

What would be your recommendations for an average safe and chica friendly hotel near Hotel Del Ray?

Thanks

Kajun4158
04-14-09, 00:46
I need some info on San Jose area.

What is the price for the women short term in USD?

What is the price for the women long term or all night in USD?

Where would you recommend for a chica friendly hotel near Hotel Del Ray, that is reasonable and safe?

Toadtamer2
04-14-09, 02:28
This past rainny season was the worst in decades.

It added to the destruction during the earthquake.

BabyHuey
04-14-09, 02:44
There are less eco-tourists during the rainy season. Also, you can usually get better deals on flights and such. I have never been really bothered by the rain, and yes it is know to drizzle all day in San Jose. Just carry an umbrella and duck into the nearest bar if it gets really bad.

If you plan to take any tours you will want to take a pair of shoes that you can just throw away. They can get pretty messy.

Kajun4158
04-15-09, 00:53
Why do you ask the same question that has been answered many, many times.

Get off your ass and do some research! People like you make a good forum bad.

I have done some research and the dates that I found my answers were about 2 years old. I realize things do change, that's why I asked the questions. Everyone learns from questions that are posted with answers, not sarcastic remarks.

Let's keep everyone informed and share the good monger times.

CherchezFemme
04-16-09, 16:28
Retrovisor has been recommended to me by a hotel clerk a/w/a another one whose name I don't recall.

Anyone know if there are any nightclubs in San Jose and Jaco where we can meet non-working girls as well as working girls?I heard there are some great clubs in Costa Rica that play a lot of electronic music and such... Im interested in finding out if there are any clubs that are open all night where you can meet people, dance, and possibly pick up some chicks.

CherchezFemme
04-17-09, 03:15
Vertigo is the other club.

Going to check them out tonite.

Rsx2005
04-19-09, 19:03
There are less eco-tourists during the rainy season. Also, you can usually get better deals on flights and such. I have never been really bothered by the rain, and yes it is know to drizzle all day in San Jose. Just carry an umbrella and duck into the nearest bar if it gets really bad.

If you plan to take any tours you will want to take a pair of shoes that you can just throw away. They can get pretty messy.Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I have a couple weeks to decide. Would you guys still advise taking tours and other daytime activities while in the rainy season? I really dont mind rain at night since I will be drinking in bars and hooking up with chics. Thanks again for your help.

Superman06
04-20-09, 11:48
People like you make a good forum bad.

I have done some research and the dates that I found my answers were about 2 years old. I realize things do change, that's why I asked the questions. Everyone learns from questions that are posted with answers, not sarcastic remarks.

Let's keep everyone informed and share the good monger times.
Since your a newbie, I'll help you out. First, don't double post. When your new it may take a day or two before your post appears. Actually the answers to ALL your questions are to be found on the various boards here and that includes pretty recent information. Check out the CRT site (google is your best friend) for more up to date info. Be a little more specific with your inquiries. Don't expect others to do research for you. I hope this helps.

Dr Howard
04-21-09, 23:31
I am not a real MD but I got my GED

I am the dear Abby for mongers.

So ask away.

Zeba8888
04-22-09, 03:27
I need WiFi service while I am down in San Jose. I need to be on it for about 7 hours straight per day for business.

I usually stay at the Castillo, but I think they just have the one computer in the rear lobby area.

Anyone know of a hotel that has internet service. That is similar to the Castillo (no charge for girls, good atmosphere, etc.)?

Thank You,

Zeba8888

Rsx2005
04-22-09, 08:55
Sorry I was not specific in the last post. I was inquiring about daytime activities during the rainy season. I am looking to do the ATV tours, jungle tours, zip line, catamaran, and anything associated with the beach, which is where I would like to stay close to. I was leaning toward Jaco since everyone seems to think highly of the Beatle Bar and it seems very american friendly from the posts. However, some of the posts say its kind of trashy there and not that nice. I hear Hermosa beach is nice and close by, but I would like to actually stay where the beach is beautiful with clear water and white sand. Is there a place near Jaco or elsewhere that offers all the things I am asking for? We may rent a car if we have to drive to each one of the activities.

Thanks again guys.

ChiliMike
04-22-09, 14:05
Walk up to the Morazan. 3rd floor and use free Wi Fi or go have lunch at the sportmens free in the dining room.

Dr Howard
04-22-09, 22:51
Zeba

7 hours a day? Do what you must

La Amistad has 2 semi private stations, all rooms are hard wired, rooms are hit or miss for Wi Fi.

Nixonbd
04-22-09, 23:08
I need WiFi service while I am down in San Jose. I need to be on it for about 7 hours straight per day for business.

I usually stay at the Castillo, but I think they just have the one computer in the rear lobby area.

Anyone know of a hotel that has internet service. That is similar to the Castillo (no charge for girls, good atmosphere, etc.)?

Thank You,

Zeba8888
That's what I call a working vacation! Not sure of any hotels that are going to let you sit at their computers for 1-hour, much less 7-hours.

Toadtamer2
04-23-09, 01:44
Jacos is the closest and the worst beach from San Jose. It is about 2 hours from town. If you want clean beaches your looking at an additional couple of hours North or South of Jaco. Quepos is decent South and if you don't mind 6+ hours, Flamingo beach is pretty nice to the North. As far as winter activities go, do a search on the CRT site, it's all there.

Iamsmooth
04-23-09, 03:03
Heading down to San Jose next week 29 April thru 03 May. After booking flight called the toll free number for the Del Rey to book a room and was told they were booked solid. After asking my name which I replied the clerk said oh Mr. Lastname (I stay there all the time 15 times total) we can give you one single room from 29-30 April and then a deluxe room from 01-02 May which is more than I wanted to pay. But due to the fact that I love it at the Del Rey, I decided to take the rooms. I will end up paying a total of $80. 00 more but I love the convenience of being where the girls are. I plan on doing about 14 to 15 during my 4 nights and 5 days including girls at the New Fantasy and Hotel Little Havana. Got my protection and blue pills and is ready to rock and roll.

Is there something special going on next week in Costa Rica? Perhaps it's because it's the last week of dry season (Summer) for them? I am counting on it as that's when all the girls come out of the wood works and prices go down due to the competition.

IamSmooth

Thelmas Gone
04-23-09, 18:03
Iamsmooth,

I will be landing April 30-May4th for my first trip to CR. Will be staying at the Del Rey and hope to catch up and pick your brain on your experiences from your past trips. I am a veteran DR traveller but is my first trip to CR. See you then.

Zeba8888
04-23-09, 19:44
That's what I call a working vacation! Not sure of any hotels that are going to let you sit at their computers for 1-hour, much less 7-hours.I'm really just looking for a hotel where the rooms have internet, hardwired or wifi works....(preferably something like the atmosphere of the Castillo)---I bring my laptop with me.

Lancer520
04-23-09, 22:34
I'm really just looking for a hotel where the rooms have internet, hardwired or wifi works....(preferably something like the atmosphere of the Castillo)---I bring my laptop with me.
Try The Presidente. Right in the heart of the gringo gulch, but a lot nicer then the Del Rey. They have Wi Fi in all the rooms. Hope this helps.

LatinaLover#1
04-24-09, 05:17
I have been traveling to Costa Rica since 1992. Jaco use to be a sleepy fishing village...NO MORE! Be careful guys.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.********.com/_A3dfOz07olA/RgwBZZEUGdI/AAAAAAAAAXg/_2UWXrUycjk/s320/robynwrightphoto032907.jpg&imgrefurl=http://yo-yoinparadise.********.com/2007_03_01_archive.html&usg=__ck_j3IZrVVmbT_2UPS0Q6yxb8uU=&h=320&w=270&sz=16&hl=en&start=119&tbnid=QLsQXnL5-YPanM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djaco%2Btica%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26start%3D108

LatinaLover#1
04-24-09, 15:37
http://yo-yoinparadise.********.com/2007/03/jac-robberyassault-victim-does-want-to.html

Nixonbd
04-24-09, 21:49
I'm really just looking for a hotel where the rooms have internet, hardwired or wifi works....(preferably something like the atmosphere of the Castillo)---I bring my laptop with me.

HDR is hard-wired, but I think it's free. Not sure about wi-fi there.

Superman06
04-25-09, 16:22
Iamsmooth,

I will be landing April 30-May4th for my first trip to CR. Will be staying at the Del Rey and hope to catch up and pick your brain on your experiences from your past trips. I am a veteran DR traveller but is my first trip to CR. See you then.
Thelmas Gone? Great handle! I guess I don't need to ask why that's what you use?

Seven Spot
05-04-09, 17:19
I have the opportunity to go to Costa Rica in July. Unfortunately it is a business trip. But I might be able to add a day or two on either side of the trip for a little fun. I just need to eventually meet up with some people at the Buena Vista Hotel in San Jose.

I am traveling with equipment that I need to keep secure. So if I have an extra day or two on either end, is there a place that I can stay that is reasonably secure and close to where I can have a little fun? I am not opposed to a package deal or paying for a little help.

Norman Stormin
05-16-09, 18:39
I'm planning a trip in June through the Southwest quadrant. Public Bus down the PanAmerican HWY to the Panamanian border, then around the Golfo Dulce and Osa Peninsula, and up the coast as far as Puntarenas. 2 weeks.

Everything I've read points to Golfito as the best bet for a base of operations for a few days. Has anyone been there? Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I promise a full trip report.

Riodulce
05-16-09, 19:27
I spent a couple of months in Golfito a few years ago. If it's still there, check out the Latitude Ocho (8) Bar. It was then owned by Gringos and a nice place to get to learn what's available. The surrounding area is where the P4P girls hang out.

I'm planning a trip in June through the Southwest quadrant. Public Bus down the PanAmerican HWY to the Panamanian border, then around the Golfo Dulce and Osa Peninsula, and up the coast as far as Puntarenas. 2 weeks.

Everything I've read points to Golfito as the best bet for a base of operations for a few days. Has anyone been there? Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I promise a full trip report.

Norman Stormin
05-19-09, 02:10
Will definitley be patronizing the Latitude Ocho and environs

Lexb
07-08-09, 08:16
Hi Lexb,

With all due respect, I would very much appreciate it if you would not use my forum to publicly solicit or exchange information on how to find and/or use my competitor's website(s).

Thanks,

Jackson

Denton Seek
07-14-09, 03:17
Hi guys,

I did a bit of searching and came up empty but i'm traveling to CR in a few weeks but i'm going to be in Guanacaste at the Hilton Papayago...is there any kind of action in this area or am I doomed? Please advise me, any help would be appreciated.

DS

Trottle Buck
07-14-09, 06:49
Careful Jaco guys it's a shithole a friend of mine who lives there told me It's not what it used to be, muggings, assaults, robberies.
Since Colombian influence the place is dangerous, a few years ago they assassinated a guy in the disco La central inside the washroom at night with people inside.
Prostitutes at Jaco are nasty, aggressive and expensive.
Avoid Jaco if you can or just be careful if traveling that area.

Columbian Lover
08-04-09, 23:47
Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to buy viagra or cialas in San Jose?

Thanks

Horntoad
08-05-09, 06:53
They are readily available at any of the pharmacies and reliable.

DJ FourMoney
08-11-09, 11:57
I'm looking to go somewhere this fall. After looking at my options, it looks like CR is winning the battle.

How long would be enough time there? I'm considering Thanksgiving Weekend, leave late Thur afternoon or early Friday and come back the following Monday.

This is a delayed Birthday trip (which was yesterday Aug 10th) for myself since my hours have been cut and I can't work my 2nd job until I get my car back from repairs, it will be until then I can afford to go.

I'm also looking for advice on how much money I should bring to exchange?

Is say $100US a day enough? That's with hotel paid for in advance BTW.

Thanks

Max Mojo
08-11-09, 14:04
Looking at my travel records over 3-4 trips to CR, my average expenses in SJO minus airfare was 300-400 day including hotel, food and a couple of pops a day. Hotel was about 90/day, drinks were a small portion of this since I'm not a heavy drinker, and the girls I gravetated towards were upper end, figure 75-100, from the Blue Marlin, Key Largo, etc. Also, factored into this was Saturday night (date nite) with dinner in the mountains, dancing afterwards at a normal club/disco in Roemosur or Escazu and back to la cama.

Can you get away for less? Certainly, but I think 100/day is extremely tight. Idem and a few of the other lower end rub shops might reduce the daily expenditure, but 200-250 a day would just about guarantee a permanent smile on the face.

Nixonbd
08-11-09, 23:36
[QUOTE=DJ
I'm also looking for advice on how much money I should bring to exchange?

Is say $100US a day enough? That's with hotel paid for in advance BTW.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I agree with the previous response, $100 a day is very tight. If you consider $60-$80 for a quality pop, $20 for drinks, $20 for budget meals and your likely over the $100 limit. I always figure on $150 - $200 a day. If your bag is MPs, then $100 may work for you.

DJ FourMoney
08-12-09, 06:18
I agree with the previous response, $100 a day is very tight. If you consider $60-$80 for a quality pop, $20 for drinks, $20 for budget meals and your likely over the $100 limit. I always figure on $150 - $200 a day. If your bag is MPs, then $100 may work for you.

Thanks for the replies, some clarification -

I don't drink. As for meals, I'm not big on steak dinners, expensive sea food and the like. I'm very much a burgers, burrito, taco, hot dog kind of person. I've been doing research and seems $50-60 per hour is typical and TLN for $150 is also typical.

Am I mistaken?

I figure $1000 total, given $350 for the plane ticket, that leaves $650 or $162 a day ($94,972.50C ). I thought hotels ran about $60-65US per night, that would leave $100 and personally I don't think I need more than a pop per day.

Its still early and I might be able to bring more, but I can't see myself doing more than two pops per day tops.

Max Mojo
08-12-09, 13:48
Dj,

Cash is a good thing, but remember, you will always spend more than you thought. Couple of things; set aside $26 for the exit fee. Have a credit card as back up and notify the CC company that you will be in CR from x date to x date. Important so they will not block transactions. Print an exchange rate cheat sheet from oanda.com and keep in wallet. Always negotiate in local currency! Photocopy passport information page and keep in your wallet. Lock original in room safe. Speaking of rooms, your budget may be a little low, are you factoring the 16% tax rate into the 60-65?

Have a back up plan and enjoy the trip. The little head mandates that you WILL spend more than your budget.

BabyHuey
08-13-09, 04:40
First thing you will want to do is (sorry Jackson), go to CRT (PM me for more info on that), and get at least the 1 year ($39) VIP membership. The CRT VIP membership gets you a card that will get you discounts at many different hotels, restaurants, and other places. The $39 will easily pay for itself by a couple nights stay at a sponsor hotel.

That being said, burgers suck in Costa Rica. The local beef is grass fed Brahma, and the flavor is not very inviting to the Amercan pallette (there are some who may disagree, but Costa Rican beef is definately an aquired taste). I say this because, while it's possible, it's not as easy to eat cheap in CR as it is in America. Even small soda restaurants will end up costing $6-$10 a meal, si I would plan at least $30 a day for food. You say you don't drink, that's great and I wish I could say the same, as I drink like a fish. Just remember, water sodas cost the same as a beer in most bars (ie. Del Rey, Key Largo, Hotel Little Havana, and Sportsmans Lodge etc.). Therefore, even not drinking alcohol, you can still rack up a pretty decent bar bill if you hand out very long, and stay active (ypu can stock up on bottled water, sodas, and snacks at Mas x Menos to save a little money).

Girls?? The prices you stated of $50-60 per hour and TLN for $150 is probably a little low (especially for a newbie). No offense, but the guys that are getting quality ass for these prices are seasoned veterans that have been traveling to CR and other locals for years. It is hard for a newbie (I know from experience, and still have trouble not doing it), to not quickly give in to the demands of cien from a beautiful Columbian, or Tica. After a few trips to CR and somewhere between 80 and 100 trips to Mexico, I consider myself a pretty astute monger, but still I have trouble getting anywhere near those prices, especially what you stated for TLN. That being said, unless you stick to the massage parlours which can make the night pretty boring since they all close up by 9:00pm, I would say for a first timer, plan $70-$100 a pop.

Now, here is my usual daily schedule. I usually wake up about 8:30-9:00am (trust me I wish I could sleep later, but it just ain't happening). I have breakfastat either Sportsman's (where I stay) or a soda, or Presidente, and I will be hitting up Amistad on my next trip. Sportsman's offer a free continental breakfast, but I gotta have something better from time to time so probably 5 days out of the 7 that I usually stay in CR I will eat a good breakfast for around $6-8 or about $6 a day.

After breakfast I hit a Massage parlour like Relax or HLH, or, rarely, New Fantasy. Relax will run you about $25 for the hour with a 6 or 7. HLH will run about $50 for the hour with a 7. I think New Fantasy is about $40, but I don't go there much, and the girls can range from 5-7)

I usually head back to SL for a nap after my morning pop. By now I have already had about 3-5 waters or energy drinks, and maybe a beer or two if I'm feeling froggy.

After taking my nap, I head to the bar at Sportsmans to see whats going on. Hang out with the CRT vets and the many X-Pats that congregate there and maybe take a chica to my at a price of $60-$70 (I like to pay a higher price than what is possible to get, but ask for no time limit or at least two hours). I might also go to IDEM. Idem, I think, is about $60 for the hour with a 7 or 8 (sometimes better) upstairs w/ community shower and too soft bed, or $70 downstairs with private shower and a bed you can really pound away on.

I rarely eat lunch in Costa Rica, preferring instead, an early dinner. I usually eat at Sortsmans Lodge and it can run anywhere from $10-16. If I go somewhere else can be up to $20 or more. So, food, good food that is, is not as cheap in CR as you would think.

Later that night I usually get a good buzz at Sportsmans, then if I din't find a chica there I head over to Del Rey, and Key Largo. I almost always take home a chica from one of these two bars at a cost of $80-100.

So, lets add up what I spent:

Breakfast: $5 (average, with 10% CRT discount)
1st pop: $40 (average)
2nd pop: $60 (average)
dinner: $14 (average with 10% CRT Discount)
3rd pop: $80 (average)
snack: $10 (average, usually at Sportsmans con chica)
drinks: $50 (average, yeah, I said I like to drink)
hotel: $50 (with 10% CRT discount)

So, I'm at about $300 per day, and I haven't bought any souveniers, ridden is any cabs (definately a necessity at night), or done any tours yet. Also, I haven't purchased any viagra yet. As you can see it adds up pretty quickly. Yes, you can do Costa Rica on the cheap, but hey, how many times do you get to do a trip like that, live a little. I personally wouldn't budget less than $200 a day, and at that, I would definately make sure I had access to extra cash if needed.

And yes, I do pay for everything in colones. The prices I have shown are an average after the conversion.

Other than that, enjoy your time in Costa Rica.

Pura Vida.

DJ FourMoney
08-13-09, 09:08
First thing you will want to do is (sorry Jackson), go to CRT (PM me for more info on that), and get at least the 1 year ($39) VIP membership. The CRT VIP membership gets you a card that will get you discounts at many different hotels, restaurants, and other places. The $39 will easily pay for itself by a couple nights stay at a sponsor hotel.

That being said, burgers suck in Costa Rica. The local beef is grass fed Brahma, and the flavor is not very inviting to the Amercan pallette (there are some who may disagree, but Costa Rican beef is definately an aquired taste). I say this because, while it's possible, it's not as easy to eat cheap in CR as it is in America. Even small soda restaurants will end up costing $6-$10 a meal, si I would plan at least $30 a day for food. You say you don't drink, that's great and I wish I could say the same, as I drink like a fish. Just remember, water sodas cost the same as a beer in most bars (ie. Del Rey, Key Largo, Hotel Little Havana, and Sportsmans Lodge etc.). Therefore, even not drinking alcohol, you can still rack up a pretty decent bar bill if you hand out very long, and stay active (ypu can stock up on bottled water, sodas, and snacks at Mas x Menos to save a little money).

Girls?? The prices you stated of $50-60 per hour and TLN for $150 is probably a little low (especially for a newbie). No offense, but the guys that are getting quality ass for these prices are seasoned veterans that have been traveling to CR and other locals for years. It is hard for a newbie (I know from experience, and still have trouble not doing it), to not quickly give in to the demands of cien from a beautiful Columbian, or Tica. After a few trips to CR and somewhere between 80 and 100 trips to Mexico, I consider myself a pretty astute monger, but still I have trouble getting anywhere near those prices, especially what you stated for TLN. That being said, unless you stick to the massage parlours which can make the night pretty boring since they all close up by 9:00pm, I would say for a first timer, plan $70-$100 a pop.

Now, here is my usual daily schedule. I usually wake up about 8:30-9:00am (trust me I wish I could sleep later, but it just ain't happening). I have breakfastat either Sportsman's (where I stay) or a soda, or Presidente, and I will be hitting up Amistad on my next trip. Sportsman's offer a free continental breakfast, but I gotta have something better from time to time so probably 5 days out of the 7 that I usually stay in CR I will eat a good breakfast for around $6-8 or about $6 a day.

After breakfast I hit a Massage parlour like Relax or HLH, or, rarely, New Fantasy. Relax will run you about $25 for the hour with a 6 or 7. HLH will run about $50 for the hour with a 7. I think New Fantasy is about $40, but I don't go there much, and the girls can range from 5-7)

I usually head back to SL for a nap after my morning pop. By now I have already had about 3-5 waters or energy drinks, and maybe a beer or two if I'm feeling froggy.

After taking my nap, I head to the bar at Sportsmans to see whats going on. Hang out with the CRT vets and the many X-Pats that congregate there and maybe take a chica to my at a price of $60-$70 (I like to pay a higher price than what is possible to get, but ask for no time limit or at least two hours). I might also go to IDEM. Idem, I think, is about $60 for the hour with a 7 or 8 (sometimes better) upstairs w/ community shower and too soft bed, or $70 downstairs with private shower and a bed you can really pound away on.

I rarely eat lunch in Costa Rica, preferring instead, an early dinner. I usually eat at Sortsmans Lodge and it can run anywhere from $10-16. If I go somewhere else can be up to $20 or more. So, food, good food that is, is not as cheap in CR as you would think.

Later that night I usually get a good buzz at Sportsmans, then if I din't find a chica there I head over to Del Rey, and Key Largo. I almost always take home a chica from one of these two bars at a cost of $80-100.

So, lets add up what I spent:

Breakfast: $5 (average, with 10% CRT discount)
1st pop: $40 (average)
2nd pop: $60 (average)
dinner: $14 (average with 10% CRT Discount)
3rd pop: $80 (average)
snack: $10 (average, usually at Sportsmans con chica)
drinks: $50 (average, yeah, I said I like to drink)
hotel: $50 (with 10% CRT discount)

So, I'm at about $300 per day, and I haven't bought any souveniers, ridden is any cabs (definately a necessity at night), or done any tours yet. Also, I haven't purchased any viagra yet. As you can see it adds up pretty quickly. Yes, you can do Costa Rica on the cheap, but hey, how many times do you get to do a trip like that, live a little. I personally wouldn't budget less than $200 a day, and at that, I would definately make sure I had access to extra cash if needed.

And yes, I do pay for everything in colones. The prices I have shown are an average after the conversion.

Other than that, enjoy your time in Costa Rica.

Pura Vida.

Thanks for the extended break down.

Based on my time in Germany and visits to TJ (Mexico), I know quality can be had at affordable pricing. I don't see much point in paying $100US in CR for what can't be better looking than some of the women in AB. This is based on the photos I have seen thus far.

I can deal with a continental breakfast (bowl of cereal, maybe a muffin) for only 3-4 days. I don't usually eat more than that at home.

I think 2 sessions are plenty. 2 was plenty in TJ, once a day was plenty in Germany (3 was the most in Frankfurt, hit FKK Miami (2) and RLD later (1). Even with the reduced pricing in TJ, I couldn't see myself spending more than $160 I spent in one evening (two separate sessions).

Seems like Del Ray and Sportsman Lounge are good bets, as are a few other places. I'm good with money when I want to be. I was mainly interested in CR for the low entry fee and seemingly affordable pricing.

So what your saying is CR is no cheaper than TJ, its actually more expensive?

Maybe DR is a better idea, about $200 more for airfare....

I'm already on CRT and I will look into a VIP membership if I venture down there.

Thanks for the input.

Soft Bob
08-14-09, 20:13
DJFourMoney,

After reading your expectations I think you will find CR worth a visit. Unlike TJ or Germany you have a lot of choise and variety in your mongering. You are in control of your fun and can really have a good time. Also in CR there is much more chance of hooking up with other mongers and enjoying the time away from the girls.

If you stay at either the La Amistad or Dunn Inn or Castillo hotel you have a hearty breakfast included which can take you to dinner time with a little snake in between.

I am well over 60, eat only breakfast and dinner have no more than 2 beers a day and go for 1 pop a day.

In Oct. 2008, I spent 6 nights in SJ and I spent around $1800 total.

Essentials:
Airfare $650.
La Amistad Hotel $410
Taxi (to and from airport) $50
Departure tax $26

Girls :
Day 1, HLN $50/hour and SL $60/hour.
Day 2, SL $60/hour
Day 3, HDR $60/hour, Taxi $2.
Day 4, SL $80/hour, Dinner for 3 girls at SL $40.
Day 5, No girl
Day 6, SL $60/hour

Others:
Tips for the girls and hotel staff $100
Viagra (generic) 2 100mg tablets $7.50
Food $100
Tour to volcano $90.
Museums $20
Gifts $50

You can control the Girls and Others very easily.

Girls at NF are $45/hour at Relax even less and you could also do half hours at either place.

Just my opinion is do not go to Idem as the price at the place with the room is the same as what you can get at SL/HDR in the comfort of your own room.

(Your hotel must be one with no chica fee).

Also TLN is kind of risky unless you are quite comfortable with the girl. I would be afraid to sleep and wake up with watch/stuff and money gone.

Also for non spanish speaker not much fun and lot of extras could result.

Hope this all helps you in your decisions.

Jodi In Heat
08-15-09, 00:35
Thanks for the extended break down.Based on my time in Germany and visits to TJ (Mexico), I know quality can be had at affordable pricing. I don't see much point in paying $100US in CR for what can't be better looking than some of the women in AB. This is based on the photos I have seen thus far.

AB? How are we supposed to know what this abreviation means?

Member #2041
08-15-09, 05:36
Based on my time in Germany and visits to TJ (Mexico), I know quality can be had at affordable pricing. I don't see much point in paying $100US in CR for what can't be better looking than some of the women in AB. This is based on the photos I have seen thus far.

AB? How are we supposed to know what this abreviation means?

It's the Adelita Bar in Tijuana.

Lion Killer
08-15-09, 14:19
The pictures your seeing are not pictures of the girls in the bars such as the Blue Marlin Bar/Del Rey/Key Lago & Sportsman's, they are of the lower end girls in the local massage parlors that you can pick up from $25.00 to $50.00.

I have been going to Adalita's in TJ for 20 years and Costa Rica for the past 10 years. Adalita's is second comparing quality/price to Costa Rica. You have to go to Costa Rica yourself to find out the quality of the women, not just look at some picture a guy took.

Hence it is so stupid to use the rating system, to the guy who took those pictures he thinks they are a 10, to me at the most a 5, so don't bother about what a guy says when he thinks some chick is hot, its a waste of time.

LK

Generous Gent
08-16-09, 11:53
But you are not taking the triple "S" (Sliding scale syndrome) into consideration when prospects are meager, and rum overflowing....jejeje!!

Hence it is so stupid to use the rating system, to the guy who took those pictures he thinks they are a 10, to me at the most a 5, so don't bother about what a guy says when he thinks some chick is hot, its a waste of time.

LK

Inketa
08-17-09, 18:40
Well I’ve decided on a trip to CR to sample the delights on offer and chill out as work is a stress and lord knows I need a break

I'm looking to flight out in November from the UK for at least 3 weeks of fun sun and whatever else pops up in that time.

So thought I would start getting as much info as possible to make my trip a sucsess.

1. Night life in CR

Being from Zimbabwe and living in South Africa I've learnt to be on guard 24/7 when I go out and about.

Guys please advise on which areas to avoid like the plague and which are safe to enjoy. I like my music and dancing so any good spots you can recommend I will be sure to note and visit.

2. Which Part of CR to Visit

Like anywhere in the world each country has the best and worst spots, which area of CR would you guys recommend San Jose, Jaco, or would a trip around be better for a first time visit.

3. Hotels/Villas

We have found a few private villas for around $200.00 per night in the Jaco and Potrero area.

Given the fact that i will be looking for some company in CR would a villa be better idea for my plans or a would a hotel be safer.

Being looking at the below site for places to stay etc.

http://www.costarica.com/rentals/

4. Budget

Looking at being there for 3 weeks would £2000.00 be enough for my trip?

Thanks

Inketa
08-17-09, 21:38
Hi all,

First post here been reading the boards nonstop and I have decide to touch CR for a well earned break from work.

Looking to fly from London in November for at least three weeks. So just need so advice on where to go and what to do

Don't really like hotels so looking for a private villa any know of any please point me in the right direction and recommend which area is best. As there is far to much on the board "Which is a good thing but bad in another way "

With regards to budgets I'm thinking of taking about £3000.00 for the trip / Inc accommodation.

Guys please could you let me know which places are safe and what to expect when going out. Is tourist safe going to the local night clubs etc.

Inketa
08-17-09, 22:12
But you are not taking the triple "S" (Sliding scale syndrome) into consideration when prospects are meager, and rum overflowing....jejeje!!LOL!

Guys after reading all the posts I think i'm going try CR out

Inketa
08-18-09, 16:41
LOL!

Guys after reading all the posts I think i'm going try CR outGuys sorry for all the post. Last night my posts weren't showing on the website.

Advice still needed please.

Hello0
08-19-09, 06:16
BabyHuey,

What does HLN stand for?

BabyHuey
08-21-09, 02:54
Well, I re-read my post and did not see anywhere that I referred to HLN. Then I noticed that SoftBob did in a post that came later. What I think he meant was HLH, which would stand for Hotel Little Havana (used to be Zona Blue).

Or if you saw in my report where I wrote TLN, well, that means Toda La Noche. TLN is spanish for "the whole night", where you pay the girl to stay the whole night. I have to make a very close connection with a chica to even consider a TLN, and do not do them often.

Soft Bob
08-21-09, 19:30
Thanks for the correction BabyHuey. I did mean HLH - Hotel Little Havana.

Sorry for causing confusion.

Stevewxly
08-23-09, 15:39
Another fellow member PM's me about buying (from me) & using a GPS receiver in Central America.

Here is my answer for him.....which may also help anyone else interested in getting a nice GPS unit for use there:

I have several gps units now, but nothing that will work for the countries in Central America. the gps units I have only have USA and Canada maps.

There are very few gps units that will work for Central America....with the Garmin units being the exception to that....because they have Garmin World Maps that cover the whole world.

So the Garmin are about the only ones that will work in C. America.

If I were you I would go up on Ebay and try to find either a little used or new/refurbished Garmin Nuvi unit. They will come with the USA maps preloaded.

Then you will need to purchase the World Maps by Garmin on a CD ROM disk....should run you about $ 30-40.00 for the disk......then follow the directions and load the maps for Central America onto your Garmin Nuvi unit.

Make sure you buy the Garmin World Map as brand new....because it will come with a code number and if you do not have the code number from the factory....as new....the maps will not work on your gps unit.

The maps for Costa Rica will be with the World Map deal....and they are very usable but are not as good as the USA maps.....meaning that the house numbers and street names are somewhat obscure in all of Central America.....

Some houses have numbers......many do not.

And even some of the streets also seemingly do not have names....or if they do they too are very obscure..which would be unheard of here in the USA....but perfectly acceptable to the officials and residents in say Nicaragua, Costa Rica or Panama.

People there navigate by spoken or written directions from landmarks or such........

Directions in Costa Rica will be like :

Go 100 meters Sur (South) on Central Ave. - turn Oeste (West) at McDonalds ( or KFC or Subway)......go 200 meters until you come to 'grande casa' (large house).....that will be your destination.

So it is difficult to get all that onto and from a gps unit. But when you give the directions above to a local taxi driver - they can drive you right up in front of the house you have told them to go to.

The Garmin gps in Costa Rica will be OK for walking or driving or whatever, but you will not be able to get the exact house address from it.....as you would in the USA.

You can buy these new and ready to use in San Jose Costa Rica....but the unit will run about $ 500-600.00 US.....where you can get a similar Garmin unit here in the US before leaving for around $ 150-170.00 including the separate World Map setup.

Good luck with it........

I am getting ready for another trip to Nicaragua and will perhaps also go down to Costa Rica for a few days too.....so I will be buying my own Garmin gps unit in the next week or so to take with me.

I would recommend the Garmin Nuvi 200 W.....or any of the Wide Nuvi units with 4.3 inch color screens.

If you want to go smaller with a 3 inch screen then get the Garmin Nuvi 200, 205, or 250. plus you will need the World Map setup too.

You could also use a Garmin 3600 handheld gps unit....with the addition of the World Maps...but they are more difficult and tricker to use.
The Garmin Nuvi gps units are by far the best and easiest ones to use for any of the countries in Central or South America.

The others (gps) brands - Magellian, Tom Tom, Sony, Cobra, Lowrance, or any of the other major gps units would work in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, or wherever - ....but you would be looking at a more or less blank screen (without landmarks or streets....with little dots on it (without the addition of the specific maps for Central America) ....so you could get your longitude and latitude from them....but you would not be able to see where you were at - at the moment or where you were going without a map with those........

Hope this helps clear up the idea of using gps units in Cen. America.

I have used several of the Garmin gps units ( with the addition of the World Maps) in all the Central America countries listed above...and they work pretty good for traveling to tell you where you are, and where you have been and are going next.......

Steve

Nixonbd
08-24-09, 01:11
Another fellow member PM's me about buying (from me) & using a GPS receiver in Central America.

Here is my answer for him.....which may also help anyone else interested in getting a nice GPS unit for use there:

I have several gps units now, but nothing that will work for the countries in Central America. the gps units I have only have USA and Canada maps.

There are very few gps units that will work for Central America....with the Garmin units being the exception to that....because they have Garmin World Maps that cover the whole world.

So the Garmin are about the only ones that will work in C. America.

If I were you I would go up on Ebay and try to find either a little used or new/refurbished Garmin Nuvi unit. They will come with the USA maps preloaded.

Then you will need to purchase the World Maps by Garmin on a CD ROM disk....should run you about $ 30-40.00 for the disk......then follow the directions and load the maps for Central America onto your Garmin Nuvi unit.

Make sure you buy the Garmin World Map as brand new....because it will come with a code number and if you do not have the code number from the factory....as new....the maps will not work on your gps unit.

The maps for Costa Rica will be with the World Map deal....and they are very usable but are not as good as the USA maps.....meaning that the house numbers and street names are somewhat obscure in all of Central America.....

Some houses have numbers......many do not.

And even some of the streets also seemingly do not have names....or if they do they too are very obscure..which would be unheard of here in the USA....but perfectly acceptable to the officials and residents in say Nicaragua, Costa Rica or Panama.

People there navigate by spoken or written directions from landmarks or such........

Directions in Costa Rica will be like :

Go 100 meters Sur (South) on Central Ave. - turn Oeste (West) at McDonalds ( or KFC or Subway)......go 200 meters until you come to 'grande casa' (large house).....that will be your destination.

So it is difficult to get all that onto and from a gps unit. But when you give the directions above to a local taxi driver - they can drive you right up in front of the house you have told them to go to.

The Garmin gps in Costa Rica will be OK for walking or driving or whatever, but you will not be able to get the exact house address from it.....as you would in the USA.

You can buy these new and ready to use in San Jose Costa Rica....but the unit will run about $ 500-600.00 US.....where you can get a similar Garmin unit here in the US before leaving for around $ 150-170.00 including the separate World Map setup.

Good luck with it........

I am getting ready for another trip to Nicaragua and will perhaps also go down to Costa Rica for a few days too.....so I will be buying my own Garmin gps unit in the next week or so to take with me.

I would recommend the Garmin Nuvi 200 W.....or any of the Wide Nuvi units with 4.3 inch color screens.

If you want to go smaller with a 3 inch screen then get the Garmin Nuvi 200, 205, or 250. plus you will need the World Map setup too.

You could also use a Garmin 3600 handheld gps unit....with the addition of the World Maps...but they are more difficult and tricker to use.
The Garmin Nuvi gps units are by far the best and easiest ones to use for any of the countries in Central or South America.

The others (gps) brands - Magellian, Tom Tom, Sony, Cobra, Lowrance, or any of the other major gps units would work in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, or wherever - ....but you would be looking at a more or less blank screen (without landmarks or streets....with little dots on it (without the addition of the specific maps for Central America) ....so you could get your longitude and latitude from them....but you would not be able to see where you were at - at the moment or where you were going without a map with those........

Hope this helps clear up the idea of using gps units in Cen. America.

I have used several of the Garmin gps units ( with the addition of the World Maps) in all the Central America countries listed above...and they work pretty good for traveling to tell you where you are, and where you have been and are going next.......

Steve

Whe I bought my Garmin in the states, I know there was a version (not sure if Garmin or not) you could hook up and download other countries maps......I've used mine to walk around American cities......

Stevewxly
08-24-09, 01:48
Hola,

If you are interested in getting a Garmin GPS unit with maps for Central America ( actually maps of the whole World Map are available ).

I just checked the Ebay auction, and there is a seller ( from Oklahoma) selling the Garmin World Maps for gps that is currently running on the auction. Current price is at $ 10.50.....and should probably go for around $ 18-20.00 at the auction end.

There are other sellers who have the same Garmin World gps maps and they are wanting around $ 75-80.00 for them....which in my opinion - is way too much to pay - unless you are really desperate to get them.

This set of Garmin World Maps should work well on most all of the Garmin GPS units....either the Ique models ( models # 3200 , 3600 or M3, M4 or M5 )or the any of Garmin Nuvi gps models.

I have never had much success on downloading any maps from the Garmin website.....too expensive, and too complicated to do.....in my opinion.

Steve

....................................................................................................

Kman1
08-26-09, 04:59
Hi,

Does someone have the email address for the Morazon Hotel and Casino near Del Rey? Last time I stayed there and the guy gave me his card, I misplaced it.

Thanks much

Paintergle
08-26-09, 14:30
Morazan 506-2222-4622

Iamsmooth
08-28-09, 22:27
Email addresses:

costaricamorazon@hotmail.com

info@costaricamorazan.com

Phone: 506-2222-4622

Fax (506) 2222-4722

I stayed there a little over a year ago and also have a business card.

Kman1
08-30-09, 08:28
Thanks you all. I found the manager Jose Troyano's email (troyano111@hotmail.com) and emailed him. He asked for a cc number to confirm reservation but I told him I'm paying cash and sent him my itinerary upon which he sent me a confirmation number. $52/nite inc. taxes. Now thats a deal compared to paying $100+ at Del Rey plus $10 Chica fee.

I am arriving at SJO around 9:30pm, just wondering if any of the massage places are open past 9 as I would like to hit them first before ending up at Del Rey. Last time I got lucky and scored a TLN at HDR for just under cien but those are hard to come by. Anyone have any recommendations for TLN?

Email addresses:

costaricamorazon@hotmail.com

info@costaricamorazan.com

Phone: 506-2222-4622

Fax (506) 2222-4722

I stayed there a little over a year ago and also have a business card.

Ze Gato
08-30-09, 16:06
Thanks you all. I found the manager Jose Troyano's email (troyano111@hotmail.com) and emailed him. He asked for a cc number to confirm reservation but I told him I'm paying cash and sent him my itinerary upon which he sent me a confirmation number. $52/nite inc. taxes. Now thats a deal compared to paying $100+ at Del Rey plus $10 Chica fee.

I am arriving at SJO around 9:30pm, just wondering if any of the massage places are open past 9 as I would like to hit them first before ending up at Del Rey. Last time I got lucky and scored a TLN at HDR for just under cien but those are hard to come by. Anyone have any recommendations for TLN?

The massage places will be closed by then...
they open early in the morning though....check the new fantasy massage it's 'fairly priced - among them all'

Kman1
09-07-09, 09:46
from a short trip and had a nice time. first HLH, do the girls here get a regular health check? for god's sake.. the services they offer!! Its great to see the attitude but still Pamela and Lorena freaked me out... plus the new sister Samantha. I did not have time for Samantha but Pamela was crazy and Lorena topped it. When I was in with Lorena (ultra crazy session) the phone kept ringing and the door knocked constantly... the sisters were trying to get hold of her as the guy who paid their house showed up and this time was offering to buy them a new car and wanted a group session with all three.. go figure.. IMHO, if not for this forum I would have picked the other chicas here who were just as fine or better, esp the asian looking ones.
That being said nothing in San Jose can top the Del Rey experience. The massage places can be a cheaper and good distraction during the day but HDR offers the quintessential CR experience. You can negotiate a good deal these days. Most of them started at the usual Cien but agreed to 30-45mil col. You can change your dollars to col. and pay 30-45 mil as I did and things will will improve for us... you can exchange ur money at the casino counter, they give a good exchange rate.
I have some pics of the HDR girls that I will post soon.

The massage places will be closed by then...
they open early in the morning though....check the new fantasy massage it's 'fairly priced - among them all'

JT Wildman
09-09-09, 12:41
I looked all throughout this forum and can't seem to find any options for Hotels in Jaco. Can ya'll help with suggestions? Near the Beatle Bar, yes. No Chica fee would be great. I have always spent my time in San Jose mostly because I could find no reason to leave, but this upcoming trip I at least want to venture off and be able to return home and say that I did something beside Fuck all day and night. Not that there's anything wrong with that but.

Help a brother out?

Stevewxly
09-09-09, 22:25
For the T Man -------

Go to the other thread......Jaco Beach in Costa Rica....you will see a report - titled - Where To Stay In Jaco - about a good hotel option in Jaco.....and it doesn't get any closer to the Beatle Bar than the Los Four Grandes Hotel....which is about 50 feet to the front door of the Beatle Bar.

Friendly advice - FYI
Read the other posts and other threads - before asking questions.....almost always - your specific question has already been asked and answered many, many times over...............

Steve

MCruddy
09-19-09, 18:44
Anyone been there for New Year's Eve? Is the HDR or KL crowded or very limited in selection?

Also, how hard is it to get a hotel room.

Thanks,

MCruddy

Bilko
11-11-09, 01:27
Anyone been there for New Year's Eve? Is the HDR or KL crowded or very limited in selection?

Also, how hard is it to get a hotel room.

Thanks,

MCruddyTicos like to spend NY Eve with family, even the hookers. There will be some girls but not many. Best to avoid SJ on Christmas and New Years (not to mention Good Friday).

Bilko
11-11-09, 01:31
Hola,

If you are interested in getting a Garmin GPS unit with maps for Central America (actually maps of the whole World Map are available).

I just checked the Ebay auction, and there is a seller (from Oklahoma) selling the Garmin World Maps for gps that is currently running on the auction. Current price is at $ 10.50. And should probably go for around $ 18-20.00 at the auction end.

There are other sellers who have the same Garmin World gps maps and they are wanting around $ 75-80.00 for them. Which in my opinion. Is way too much to pay. Unless you are really desperate to get them.

This set of Garmin World Maps should work well on most all of the Garmin GPS units. Either the Ique models (models # 3200, 3600 or M3, M4 or M5)or the any of Garmin Nuvi gps models.

I have never had much success on downloading any maps from the Garmin website. Too expensive, and too complicated to do. In my opinion.

SteveGPS in Costa Rica is pretty useless, given that the streets don't even have names in most cases, and the GPS will tell you to turn onto a one way street the wrong way. Here's an article on driving in San Jose:

http://www.usexpatcostarica.com/2009/11/driving-in-san-jose-first-time-visitor.html

Good luck to anybody driving in San Jose, I wouldn't do it and I have lived here 5 years!

CultureShock
11-14-09, 20:50
I think a GPS unit actually can be quite useful when you have a car and you either live in Latin America or plan to come back very often.

Of course it is mostly useless for actually finding anything, but once you find it you can lock the position into memory. It makes a location MUCH easier to find in the future.

Don't expect the preprogramed maps to be 100% reliable either. You may ened up being in "off road" mode alot even when you are on the road.

Fuddzie
11-18-09, 16:46
In the past when I was going to the Dominican Rep I would bring sex toys such as dildos to use as tips. They really enjoyed receiving these things on more than one level. Bringing them in the country was never a problem as no one ever checked my bags. Would this be a good thing to do in Costa Rica?

Ctblakmandingo
12-03-09, 21:04
I'm wondering what kind of work some of you mongers do. Id love to know what kind of jobs some of you have had that allowed you to have some fun around these countries. Then I'd know if I have a chance!

Pops1
01-15-10, 16:28
In the past when I was going to the Dominican Rep I would bring sex toys such as dildos to use as tips. They really enjoyed receiving these things on more than one level. Bringing them in the country was never a problem as no one ever checked my bags. Would this be a good thing to do in Costa Rica?You probably won't have anybody check your bag coming into Costa Rica but I have experienced many bag searches as I start to board Spirit Air planes to return to the states. Many of the people checking the bags are young females and you get some great looks when they reach in and pull out your favorite 10 inch dildo or vibrator. If they ask you what it is for tell them you can't explain but you will be glad to show them. That is if they didn't jump like they just touched a snake.

Ojalvar01
01-21-10, 18:28
Hey guys,

I am visiting San Jose first week of February.

Can you give me any advise, places to go, chicas phone numbers, etc.

Thanks!

Bkgee
01-26-10, 02:33
1. Morazan Hotel & Casino

2. La Amistad

3. Hotel del rey

4. Hotel Presidente

Which of these do you guys say are good, and also chica friendly?

Never been to Costa Rica before, I am a D. R. Guy.

Pure Power
01-26-10, 05:28

2. La Amistad

3. Hotel del rey

4. Hotel Presidente

Out of those I would say the Hotel del Rey would be the most chica friendly, but they do charge 10 dollars to bring a chica up to your room.

If its your first time, support the HDR, because without it, San Jose would really suck.

Fuddzie
01-26-10, 13:40

2. La Amistad

3. Hotel del rey

4. Hotel Presidente

I Stayed at ehe Morazan my first time. Very nice rooms and great staff. Also, if you don't escort the chica to the lobby, they will call your room after an hour or so. I liked that security touch. I was informed of a $25 fee for two chicas, however I wasn't billed. They were a rip off, mayby the clerk knew something and gave me a break.

Bkgee
01-27-10, 00:02
I Stayed at ehe Morazan my first time. Very nice rooms and great staff. Also, if you don't escort the chica to the lobby, they will call your room after an hour or so. I liked that security touch. I was informed of a $25 fee for two chicas, however I wasn't billed. They were a rip off, mayby the clerk knew something and gave me a break.Thanks Guys!

Lopkx
02-16-10, 23:34
How much on average does a taxi cost from airport to Sportmens Lodge?

Uticaclub
02-17-10, 01:44
$15 or $20. If the Taxista won't agree to that figure, move on to the next.

Toadtamer2
02-17-10, 02:40
Twenty dollars.

Lopkx
02-17-10, 15:16
Twenty dollars.
SL quoted me $25 so I took it to avoid the hassle late night when I land.

MikeNice2732
02-21-10, 15:05
I am in Playa Grande for the next week or so and looking to see where I can go for some p4p in this area. Closest city to me is Tamarindo and is a short walk across the estuary or I even have a car. Where to go? I prefer to go during the day as I feel safer and will be by myself. I really should have cancelled the rest of my plans and stayed at the del rey, but money goes quick there. Too much temptation.

Playa Pavones
02-25-10, 03:48
Probably too late of reply, but there used to be a P4P bar on the beach right before you got into Tamarindo (It's been eight years since I went in there). It was always pretty sparse pickings, and one time I nabbed a girl there that I had met the year before at Hotel Del Rey. They had rooms on the property.

Although, it's pretty easy to pick up girls in Tamarindo for free- it's a party town with lots of tourist girls.

Tombstone Man
02-25-10, 04:46

2. La Amistad

3. Hotel del rey

4. Hotel Presidente

Never been to Costa Rica before, I am a D. R. Guy.Don'tforget Dunn Inn and Sportmans Lodge.

Qncterra
03-10-10, 05:48
Lop,

Taxi from airport is simple, the official Aeropuerto Taix used to charged $22-$25 to take me to the Morazan. Last October, they had eliminated the prepay desk, and the taxi charged $20 for the same trip.

Bkgee
03-10-10, 16:52
Is it true, that there is a exit fee to leave Costa Rica?

Lopkx
03-10-10, 18:21
Lop,

Taxi from airport is simple, the official Aeropuerto Taix used to charged $22-$25 to take me to the Morazan. Last October, they had eliminated the prepay desk, and the taxi charged $20 for the same trip.Thanks. it ended up costing me $23 from airport to Sportsmens Lodge.

Lopkx
03-10-10, 18:23
Don'tforget Dunn Inn and Sportmans Lodge. Sportsmens Lodge is not just chica friendly. They also hang out onsite at the bar/restaurant area.

Qncterra
03-11-10, 00:57
This is probably posted elsewhere, but I believe that it's still $26 for U.S. return, and some local banks now provide the service. I don't know if they have more clerks or what, but I have not had an extensive wait at the airport in the last two years. A few years ago, the wait was a major issue.

Toadtamer2
03-11-10, 02:14
I've never had a long wait in the exit tax fee line. Most of the time it has been walk right up and pay. $26 bucks 6 months ago when I went.

MikeNice2732
03-31-10, 04:53
Is it true, that there is a exit fee to leave Costa Rica?Pay the $26 exit fee when you land in CR - that way you can spend it all!

Tar Heel Bred
05-02-10, 19:13
Ok so me and a buddy are going to CR is August and will be spending 2 nights in San Jose and the rest in Puerto Viejo.

My question is where is the best place to go to find quality simi pros that we can attempt to pull for free? We had good results in Rio de Janeiro getting girls to come back to the apartment for free and are looking to do the same in San Jose. Keep in mind we are both 24 in good shape and good looking.

Any tips and advise much appreciated

Stevewxly
05-02-10, 22:52
Ok so me and a buddy are going to CR is August and will be spending 2 nights in San Jose and the rest in Puerto Viejo.

My question is where is the best place to go to find quality simi pros that we can attempt to pull for free? We had good results in Rio de Janeiro getting girls to come back to the apartment for free and are looking to do the same in San Jose. Keep in mind we are both 24 in good shape and good looking.

Any tips and advise much appreciated

Hey,

I would not waste my time....if I were 24, buff, and good looking guy.....in San Jose. It is filled with Pay 4 Play putas....probably few opportunities for freebies -hit & run style - as you are perhaps used to.

Puerto Viejo on the other hand has some P4P black gals and many white European gals......20 somethings who are perhaps backpacking thru CR.....and of course lots sufer dudes.
If you are into weed, drugs, drinking and such you should fit right in there.....and may actually score some free puss - if you are lucky.

LatinaLover#1
05-03-10, 02:58

Any tips and advise much appreciatedOutside of a few bars in Le'mon there's not alot going on. I have a friend who works for Aduanas and he knows everybody in Le'mon. If you have a connection there and your into black chicks you will have a blast. Further down the coast to Puerto Viejo and Cahuita National Park you will find some nice beaches, some Rastis and lots of weed. Its still pretty rustic there and a meca for surfers and beach bums.

Tar Heel Bred
05-03-10, 07:41
Hey,

I would not waste my time. If I were 24, buff, and good looking. In San Jose. It is filled with Pay 4 Play putas. No free ones, if you are lucky.

Puerto Viejo on the other hand is filled with European gals. 20 somethings and sufer dudes. If you are into weed, smoke, drinking and such you should fit right in there. And may actually score some free ones.thing is we want latin chicks, not europeans LOL I guess we will try out del rey and see if we can pull something there for free.

Stevewxly
05-04-10, 04:41
thing is we want latin chicks, not europeans LOL I guess we will try out del rey and see if we can pull something there for free.

Very, very unlikely that "you can pull something (gals) from the Del Rey Hotel in San Jose for FREE.......very unlikely.
Matter of a fact....I would bet on it....$ 100.00 and give 100 to 1 odds.

If you are that 'good'...why not just stay in the USA or where you are and "pull all the gals for FREE"....you will save a lot of money that way - on airfare and hotels.

Artisttyp
05-04-10, 05:31
Very, very unlikely that "you can pull something (gals) from the Del Rey Hotel in San Jose for FREE.......very unlikely.

If you are that 'good'...why not just stay in the USA or where you are and "pull all the gals for FREE"....you will save a lot of money that way - on airfare and hotels.

Well said.

"The last thing a gringo is in costa rica is exotic. You will be competing with other young dudes like yourself. Knowledge of spanish won't even set you apart that much. Those dudes know spanish too" .

You might get propositioned to be used but not in the way you would like.

Although I have seen guys build up a "working" relationship out of there. Maybe after $pending some time with them they will give you a bonus or discount. I bet the guy who took his girl shopping at victoria secret got a little something...was disgusting to witness.

Oh Ya Papi
05-05-10, 05:05
the most expensive pussy is free pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those that say they don't pay for pussy , pay the most for pussy.

lurkers!!!!!

never over pay!!! never 100 (cien) in costa rica, never never never!!!!!!!!walk away there are always options there always.

i have been going for 9 years , i rock, upon my departure at sportsmans, met two hot chicks brought to my room, there, drank negociated with one, she wANTED 80 i said 60. and i said its your choice, she left,we talked in the bar later and she was all mine. stay strong , stay horny my friends!!!

Well said.

"The last thing a gringo is in costa rica is exotic. You will be competing with other young dudes like yourself. Knowledge of spanish won't even set you apart that much. Those dudes know spanish too" .

You might get propositioned to be used but not in the way you would like.

Although I have seen guys build up a "working" relationship out of there. Maybe after $pending some time with them they will give you a bonus or discount. I bet the guy who took his girl shopping at victoria secret got a little something...was disgusting to witness.

Soft Bob
05-05-10, 18:50
Tar Heel Bred there is a song with the words "looking for love in all the wrong places". You are looking for advice on "free" sex on a monger board.

As you can tell from the replies you are getting all mongers have learned that there is no "free sex" so they just go out and pay for it.

But for what it is worth just a couple of miles east of the gulch is a place called San Pedro where the University is situated. Around there is where all the young student chicas hang out and where there are discos too. You should be able to find out about discos if you go to that area and then you and your friends can work your magic.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but as I said before I am an old monger who knows that there is no free lunch so I have not even bothered to go there but I have heard that is where the non pros are.

Good Luck !!!

Stevewxly
05-05-10, 20:15
Tar Heel Bred there is a song with the words "looking for love in all the wrong places". You are looking for advice on "free" sex on a monger board.

As you can tell from the replies you are getting all mongers have learned that there is no "free sex" so they just go out and pay for it.

But for what it is worth just a couple of miles east of the gulch is a place called San Pedro where the University is situated. Around there is where all the young student chicas hang out and where there are discos too. You should be able to find out about discos if you go to that area and then you and your friends can work your magic.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but as I said before I am an old monger who knows that there is no free lunch so I have not even bothered to go there but I have heard that is where the non pros are.

Good Luck !!!

I agree 100 % with what the "old mongers" have had to say on this subject.....
But there is a lot to be said for youth......
They think they can always get around the established system...do it their way......free sex and all that....but I don't think so in a place like Costa Rica.........Where every gal selling it - needs the money to buy milk and clothes for her kids...that's why they do it in the first place....not because they like the thrill of having sex.......

Stevewxly
05-12-10, 01:25
Paying for pussy in any central american or south american country is just stupid to me. I'm in the USA banging a colombian now and the hell if I would pay some girl for sex in Costa Rica. I have been traveling for years to Colombia and Costa Rica and many other countries and have paid for BBBJ maybe 3 times. I wouldn't think about putting my dick in a girl from delrey. I have been there out of pure entertainment and a few beers but that is it. I have asked Jackson to put non pro links on his site for years to no avail.

Disclaimer: I do end up paying more for food and drinks but I hate eating and drinking alone! I speak spanish and am a good looking non dorky rich gringo.

I'll be in Costa Rica surfing, playing tennis and romancing hot ticas this Thursday. Probably my 30th trip there.

If you can get free pussy in the USA you can get it anywhere in this world!

If you aren't fat and don't look diseased and are willing to go home alone a few nights then you'll be fine.

I just get all the sex I want while in the USA so I can concentrate on waves and my backhand when in Costa Rica and the girls usually find me.

Runner Up........You and Tar Heel Bred ought to quit wasting your time, talents and money going to Central America. Why pay the air fare, hotels, and food expenses to go to Costa Rica or other spots for FREE PUSSY - when you both can obviously get all of it you want in your own home locales.

Disclaimer:
I can't get FREE PUSSY- anywhere. I almost always have to pay for it - one way or the other.... I can get laid in the USA......and (of course) in Central America...made many trips to CR, Panama, and Nicaragua in the last 7-8 years....but again always had to pay for it .... one way or the other.

But guys like you and Tar Heel Bred should just stay right here in the USA...and keep knocking down all the FREE PUSSY you can reasonably handle without all the expense of having to go to a foreign land to get FREE PUSSY there.

Really the way I see it is - Pussy is pussy- no matter where you get it......and when you can get all the FREE PUSSY you can handle....pretty much anywhere....why leave home. Get it locally - after all it's FREE - right - and save the travel expenses ?

By the way....those travel expenses......are usually thought of as having to "pay for it - one way or the other".
Unless you can also fly for FREE.....and eat for FREE.....and stay in nice hotels for FREE !!!!!!!

You guys - you and THB - ought to get together and compare notes - then write a book and sell it to the rest of us dumb SOB's who have to pay for PUSSY.

Do doubt - you would make a bloody fortune.

Pops1
05-12-10, 03:19
If you are young, want it free in Costa Rica, and have game then the local clubs, Vertigo, Castros the Pueblo, Latino Rock are good starting places. There are many small clubs in the area of the University in San Jose that are also hangouts for college age girls. Many Costa Rican girls speak English. Picking up foreign tourists at youth hostels and touristy places is also an option. If you think it is free, you have not been doing this long. Remember, when you pay it is not for sex, it is for them to leave when you get through.

Good hunting.

Beavis
05-12-10, 05:31
Paying for pussy in any central american or south american country is just stupid to me. I'm in the USA banging a colombian now and the hell if I would pay some girl for sex in Costa Rica. I have been traveling for years to Colombia and Costa Rica and many other countries and have paid for BBBJ maybe 3 times. I wouldn't think about putting my dick in a girl from delrey. I have been there out of pure entertainment and a few beers but that is it. I have asked Jackson to put non pro links on his site for years to no avail.

Disclaimer: I do end up paying more for food and drinks but I hate eating and drinking alone! I speak spanish and am a good looking non dorky rich gringo.

I'll be in Costa Rica surfing, playing tennis and romancing hot ticas this Thursday. Probably my 30th trip there.

If you can get free pussy in the USA you can get it anywhere in this world!

If you aren't fat and don't look diseased and are willing to go home alone a few nights then you'll be fine.

I just get all the sex I want while in the USA so I can concentrate on waves and my backhand when in Costa Rica and the girls usually find me.

You are so full of shit. If you are such a stud then why are you on a sex travel forum? I wish I could look you in the eye and tell you that you are a FULL OF SHIT COCKSUCKER. Go blow your smoke up the ass of some young boy who might believe your foolish rants.

Stevewxly
05-12-10, 12:47
You are so full of shit. If you are such a stud then why are you on a sex travel forum? I wish I could look you in the eye and tell you that you are a FULL OF SHIT COCKSUCKER. Go blow your smoke up the ass of some young boy who might believe your foolish rants.

....................................................................................

Beavis........your thoughts about Runner Up is right on - Amigo.

I agree with you.........

If these young studs are so game and can get it for FREE....then why the hell are they wasting their time posting anything here....when they could be out there getting all that FREE PUSSY.

Me thinks the old adage about youth is fairly correct in this situation -

"They're Young & Dumb & Full of Cum".....to the point of just not knowing any better.

Pura Vida

Fantasy
05-12-10, 17:14
I sure hope you do!!

Long time no see

Fantasy in San Jose

Member #3435
05-12-10, 18:50
I sure hope you do!!

Long time no see

Fantasy in San Jose

Mr Fantasy,

How's if goin?

Now that you're not there, any comments about Arica & N. Chile?

Why did you leave there for CR?

Thanks, Schwmm

Stevewxly
05-13-10, 14:03
Here I am banging an educated colombian in my hometown along with a blonde educated hot wife and I have tards like this getting all pissy.

Lets not lose the point. Some guys were put on this earth to bread and others are here to serve as workers for us.

I must be one of the breeders because I continually get free ass no matter what corner of my house I'm in or corner of the world I'm in.

Someone asked why leave home if you get as at home.

Runner Up
Hey....I just can't believe it or do I buy it...............

FYI.........I believe you meant to say you were put here to 'breed'.....not bread.

And if you are a breeder....then you must be reproducing...right.....it's just a matter of time until you father some poor bastard....and the mother of your off spring hauls your dumb ass in court - where she will win, and you will either have to pay her lots of child support or go to jail.

And if you land in jail....oh boy....they really love young, buff twinks like you there.

Manizales911
05-13-10, 17:16
thing is we want latin chicks, not europeans LOL I guess we will try out del rey and see if we can pull something there for free.That's the funniest shit EVER!!! You have a better chance of seeing Jesus.

Tar Heel Bred
06-22-10, 07:30

If you are that 'good'...why not just stay in the USA or where you are and "pull all the gals for FREE"....you will save a lot of money that way - on airfare and hotels.Seasoned mongerers said the same thing when I said I was going to try and pull some free poon from club help and then the balcony bar in Rio de Janerio. Me and my friend both pulled girls for free there numerous times without much effort. They even cooked for us the next day!

I haven't been to san jose soo I'm not sure how much success I will have but I'm confident in my abilities. I'll find out in alittle over a month!

Lexb
06-22-10, 09:42
Seasoned mongerers said the same thing when I said I was going to try and pull some free poon from club help and then the balcony bar in Rio de Janerio. Me and my friend both pulled girls for free there numerous times without much effort. They even cooked for us the next day!

I haven't been to san jose soo I'm not sure how much success I will have but I'm confident in my abilities. I'll find out in alittle over a month!We're all glad your confident in your abilities to get "freebies" and I bet you are young, have a "buff" body and just "reek" with self-confidence. BUT Rio is not San Jose and San Jose is one of the most PAID SEX "concentrated" cities in the world!

In addition, San Jose, with its highly transient gringo sex tourist crowd(HTGSTC, if you will!), the simple, day-to-day equation is YOUR MONEY=MY TIME(SEX), no exceptions, and, even if you go to "regular" bars you run into a class of girls and younger women that give the adjective "jaded" a whole new meaning!

Even eliminating the HTGSTC factor, because of many years of harassment by gringos for gfs, they are, quite frankly, sick of us and our lying ways. There is just so much reason of being in Costa Rica that deep-sea fishing, surfing/enjoying the beaches, white water rafting, hiking rain forests, visiting volcanos can be explained away with!

Simple rule of life "you can take with you to the bank" is that when you "party" in an area that has a high concentration of p4p sex you can bet everything you own that, even if you purposely associate with non-SPs, THE EQUATION will be forefront in their minds and will determine, to a great extent, how they interact with you!

After all Mr. THB, the C-word(commitment) for Ticas is not in your vocabulary and you are just looking for a convenient, no strings attached, "piece of a**" with the result that you will just "fly away", anyway like too many of your kind have done before!

Tar Heel Bred
06-22-10, 19:18
We're all glad your confident in your abilities to get "freebies" and I bet you are young, have a "buff" body and just "reek" with self-confidence. BUT Rio is not San Jose and San Jose is one of the most PAID SEX "concentrated" cities in the world!

In addition, San Jose, with its highly transient gringo sex tourist crowd(HTGSTC, if you will!), the simple, day-to-day equation is YOUR MONEY=MY TIME(SEX), no exceptions, and, even if you go to "regular" bars you run into a class of girls and younger women that give the adjective "jaded" a whole new meaning!

Even eliminating the HTGSTC factor, because of many years of harassment by gringos for gfs, they are, quite frankly, sick of us and our lying ways. There is just so much reason of being in Costa Rica that deep-sea fishing, surfing/enjoying the beaches, white water rafting, hiking rain forests, visiting volcanos can be explained away with!

Simple rule of life "you can take with you to the bank" is that when you "party" in an area that has a high concentration of p4p sex you can bet everything you own that, even if you purposely associate with non-SPs, THE EQUATION will be forefront in their minds and will determine, to a great extent, how they interact with you!

After all Mr. THB, the C-word(commitment) for Ticas is not in your vocabulary and you are just looking for a convenient, no strings attached, "piece of a**" with the result that you will just "fly away", anyway like too many of your kind have done before!You must haven't been to Rio De Janeiro, because it is most certainly one of the most "PAID SEX" concentrated cities in the world. Copacabana is nothing but a huge brothel! LOL

These girls make PLENTY of money from fat, old, bald Americans and Europeans. 100 USD for an hour is insane expensive. Thats a whole night session in Rio LOL. So a night out with a young(early 20's) good looking american is actually a pleasant retrieve from the normal not so satisfying routine they are accustomed to.

Like I said I may not pull the first girl for free but ONE of these girls will be leaving with me for free. It never fails.

Que Rico
06-23-10, 04:14
Hey its possible these Cats are courting non-pros, I do it. Somehow I always wind up paying something for gifts, dinners drinks whatever, But I will tell you one thing you will not get laid in San Jose without paying for it. Actually you may get charged for buying a girl a drink when her meter starts running.

Its like saying I'm going to A restaurant and see if I can get a free meal because they like me. Haha.

Mr Jetsetter
06-23-10, 08:43
You must haven't been to Rio De Janeiro, because it is most certainly one of the most "PAID SEX" concentrated cities in the world. Copacabana is nothing but a huge brothel! LOL

These girls make PLENTY of money from fat, old, bald Americans and Europeans. 100 USD for an hour is insane expensive. Thats a whole night session in Rio LOL. So a night out with a young(early 20's) good looking american is actually a pleasant retrieve from the normal not so satisfying routine they are accustomed to.

Like I said I may not pull the first girl for free but ONE of these girls will be leaving with me for free. It never fails.

What's a superstud like you doing on a mongers' board?

Tar Heel Bred
06-23-10, 19:42
What's a superstud like you doing on a mongers' board?how else would i find out about where working girls are?

if its like brasil, i had alot more fun at the p4p spots than i did at regular clubs. not speaking any Portuguese might be a reason for that. i speak some spanish so ill fair better at regular clubs in san jose but i would have more fun at a spot like del rey.

its alot more difficult to get a same night lay talking to a regular chick with limited communication than it is a pro or semi pro.

i def plan on trying to get some same night lays from a place like el pueblo but if i strike out im off to the del rey where im more than likely gonna get a girl to go back with me for free.

Que Rico
06-26-10, 02:53
how else would i find out about where working girls are?

if its like brasil, i had alot more fun at the p4p spots than i did at regular clubs. not speaking any Portuguese might be a reason for that. i speak some spanish so ill fair better at regular clubs in san jose but i would have more fun at a spot like del rey.

its alot more difficult to get a same night lay talking to a regular chick with limited communication than it is a pro or semi pro.

i def plan on trying to get some same night lays from a place like el pueblo but if i strike out im off to the del rey where im more than likely gonna get a girl to go back with me for free.Wlks talks and smells like bullshit.

Soeone said it perfec: wasent me

Weasal
07-16-10, 07:41
Tar Heel Bred, first of all, good luck with that. I will say my opinion is that Rio and San Jose aren't all that alike, and Help isn't like the Del Rey. It is way easier to pull a freebie from Help, as there's alot of girls that won't even pull one customer in a night from Help. These same girls, or even ones that have tricked and returned to the club, would rather spend the night in your nice hotel or apartment than returning to their crappy favela. C'mon, you know this. I don't know how many times in Rio I've had garotas ask me to marry them, on the first night! I represented a golden ticket to many of these girls. The Del Rey, on the other hand, is about bizness. While some girls will spend quality time with you, there are plenty of others that want to make you cum, then return across the street to Key Largo, and then back and forth as many times as they can in a night. And again the next night. You might have some luck really late into the night if you can catch a girl that doesn't want to have to travel distance to her pad-I wouldn't hold your breath on this. If you just pay you will be able to hook up with very good looking girls to your liking, so I'm just curious to what your motive is here-is it a conquest to get it free, or a bruise to your ego to pay, or what?

El Pueblo is a good place to visit if you can fit in, and/or have a local to go with. Usually a pretty young crowd. You might think you are pulling someone from there, come to find out at the hotel that she is working. There are some girls that go there earlier in the evening, then to the DR later at night. They will try to charge you, no matter where you pick them up. I know.

Weasal

Nixonbd
07-17-10, 15:53
Seasoned mongerers said the same thing when I said I was going to try and pull some free poon from club help and then the balcony bar in Rio de Janerio. Me and my friend both pulled girls for free there numerous times without much effort. They even cooked for us the next day!

I haven't been to san jose soo I'm not sure how much success I will have but I'm confident in my abilities. I'll find out in alittle over a month!

You're Rush Limbaugh, aren't you?!?!?!

Jayf1970
07-17-10, 23:44
I'm thinking of traveling to SJ in september, but travel guides seem to suggest that its very rainy during that period. So I have two questions for the group:
1. Is it a good idea to take a 1-week mongering trip to SJ in september? Is the weather that bad? Are there any / many / good chicas around?
2. I'm a veteran to the mongeringn scene and am thinking SJ might not keep me interested for a full week, so was thinking of doing 1-2 day site seeing tours within CR. Again, does september weather make this impossible? Any recommendations for 1-2 day nature / water trips? Not looking for mongering action on these trips (or might take carry-out from SJ).

Thanks a lot guys.

Member #2041
07-18-10, 00:10
You're Rush Limbaugh, aren't you?!?!?!
If he was Rush Limbaugh, his handle would be Nixonbj, not Nixonbd.

The Dirty Pirate
07-18-10, 01:25
September and October are the rainiest months in Costa Rica. Last September was fairly dry though, but this year there has been more rain. Depending on where you all have been SJ might be a let down for you. I live here and basically hold back on mongering for when I go elsewhere in Latin America. Del Rey is fun and all but your odds are against you when it comes to getting stellar service on minimal interview that can be had in other countries. That being said with some work you can still have a great time. If you're interested in a couple days out of SJ and want chicas there is always Jaco. It is the closest beach destination but as far as the beach itself goes it's pretty shitty. Lots of fishing, ATV and zip line tours, lots of stuff to do. You can PM me with any questions if you like.

I'm thinking of traveling to SJ in September, but travel guides seem to suggest that its very rainy during that period. So I have two questions for the group:

1. Is it a good idea to take a 1-week mongering trip to SJ in September? Is the weather that bad? Are there any / many / good chicas around?

2. I'm a veteran to the mongeringn scene and am thinking SJ might not keep me interested for a full week, so was thinking of doing 1-2 day site seeing tours within CR. Again, does September weather make this impossible? Any recommendations for 1-2 day nature / water trips? Not looking for mongering action on these trips (or might take carry-out from SJ).

Thanks a lot guys.

Mr Jetsetter
07-19-10, 08:11
I'm thinking of traveling to SJ in september, but travel guides seem to suggest that its very rainy during that period. So I have two questions for the group:
1. Is it a good idea to take a 1-week mongering trip to SJ in september? Is the weather that bad? Are there any / many / good chicas around?
2. I'm a veteran to the mongeringn scene and am thinking SJ might not keep me interested for a full week, so was thinking of doing 1-2 day site seeing tours within CR. Again, does september weather make this impossible? Any recommendations for 1-2 day nature / water trips? Not looking for mongering action on these trips (or might take carry-out from SJ).

Thanks a lot guys.

The rainy season has a minimal effect, if any, on mongering opportunities. And there are a bunch of viable options that have nothing to do with the Del Rey. The Jaco area is worth checking out. Playa Hermosa a few kilometers to the south is a nice beach area. And I'm sure there are rafting opportunities, although I've only gone rafting in the dry season. My two cents: go!

Keeper50
07-20-10, 19:19
Was just told by my bank that any ATM withdrawal would set me back $5 and another 3% if I withdrew in Local currency. My first trip to SJ coming up. Anyone know if its possible to withdraw in US$ in SJ from any ATM (or if there are some specific ones where you can?

Weasal
07-21-10, 10:23
There are 3 main areas that I use for ATM use. The Del Rey has 2 different ATM machines, and one of them I'm pretty sure you can get US Dollars, if it's working. Location #2 is a spot north of the DR and just north of Parque Espana (next to the "yellow house"), and there are several machines located here. Look for the tall building that is the Holiday Inn and head that direction (also use this building as a marker while you walk around in general). FYI, you will walk thru Parque Espana on your way to Sportsman's Lodge, and it is a pretty cool park (you might want to read up on it quick, too). The third spot is one block east of the Del Rey (if you're looking at the Monkey Bar, turn left) and is inside a little mini-mart store. If you are a smoker, this is also a good place to buy cigarretes and the short walk there will save you money vs buying them at the DR.

You might want to consider bringing a hunk of bills from back home. These are easily exchanged at somewhere like the Morazan, next door to the Rey.

CrazyHorse0017
07-22-10, 01:13
I like to use the ATM inside of the INS building on the second floor. The INS building is the tallest building in Barrio Amon. As you are walking from the HDR to SL, cross through the park, and it is right in front of you after exiting the park. It must be 20 stories tall. You can't miss it. Anyway, walk in the front door (M-F 9am-5pm) and take the escalator in front of you to the second floor. At the top of the escalator, execute a left-face and walk about 10 meters to your front to the stand alone ATM. I like it b/c you can withdrawl $ out of the public eye. I've also never been charged a fee at that ATM. Depending on your bank, YMMV.

CH

Weasal
07-22-10, 10:43
This atm in the tall buiding that crazyhorse speaks of is the same one as I have mentioned in location #2. There is that upstairs atm, and outside 24-hr machines as well. A good practice in any international country, whether you think anybody is around or not, is to cover with your other hand as much as you can while entering your password. Also, make sure to press all or many of the buttons after you finish your transaction. This prevents any scam where otherwise they would be able to fingerprint your 4-digit pin.

Nixonbd
07-23-10, 21:37
Was just told by my bank that any ATM withdrawal would set me back $5 and another 3% if I withdrew in Local currency. My first trip to SJ coming up. Anyone know if its possible to withdraw in US$ in SJ from any ATM (or if there are some specific ones where you can?ATMs in HDR are "hit or miss." Last time there, in Feb, kept saying "service was unavilable." There is an indoor mall across the street and just down from The New York Bar. Has several ATMs in a room with electronic door as you walk towards the walking street - on the left side of the first floor. The machine's are enclosed, just wait for someone to come out. Security is present and watchful. Has at least one machine (far right) that dispenses U.S. currency.

Artisttyp
07-23-10, 21:52
Was just told by my bank that any ATM withdrawal would set me back $5 and another 3% if I withdrew in Local currency. My first trip to SJ coming up. Anyone know if its possible to withdraw in US$ in SJ from any ATM (or if there are some specific ones where you can?It doesn't matter if you take out dollars or colones the bank still charges you a conversion fee. Their excuse is there is still a conversion going on when you take out dollars from a FOREIGN bank machine.

You should take some cash. Casino colonial will change $100 a day for you even if you aren't playing there.

Only bills with no marks rips or tears will be accepted.

Paesano63
07-25-10, 16:02
I was charged a foreign currency fee even though I was in my house in the USA. I bought my airline ticket with COPA and since COPA is based in Panama and that was the billing address then I was charged the conversion fee.

Never mind Panama Balboa and the dollars are pegged one to one, there is no such thing as balboa currency other than coins $1, quarters, nickels, dimes.

Baqueta
07-30-10, 21:09
Chase did not charge me a conversion fee, but charged me a non Chase ATM charge when I pulled dollars out of the ATM in the Del Rey, But the Del Rey ATM would only let me pull $200. 00 out at a time. When I used the ATMs that Nixonbd is talking about I pulled dollars out and again Chase didn't charge me a conversion charge but the ATM and Chase charged me a $3. 00 Non customer /bank charge.

I was only charged conversion fees when I pulled colones out of the ATM in the Colonial.

This was in May 2010 and 2009

Tar Heel Bred
08-18-10, 04:11
Tar Heel Bred, first of all, good luck with that. I will say my opinion is that Rio and San Jose aren't all that alike, and Help isn't like the Del Rey. It is way easier to pull a freebie from Help, as there's alot of girls that won't even pull one customer in a night from Help. These same girls, or even ones that have tricked and returned to the club, would rather spend the night in your nice hotel or apartment than returning to their crappy favela. C'mon, you know this. I don't know how many times in Rio I've had garotas ask me to marry them, on the first night! I represented a golden ticket to many of these girls. The Del Rey, on the other hand, is about bizness. While some girls will spend quality time with you, there are plenty of others that want to make you cum, then return across the street to Key Largo, and then back and forth as many times as they can in a night. And again the next night. You might have some luck really late into the night if you can catch a girl that doesn't want to have to travel distance to her pad-I wouldn't hold your breath on this. If you just pay you will be able to hook up with very good looking girls to your liking, so I'm just curious to what your motive is here-is it a conquest to get it free, or a bruise to your ego to pay, or what?

El Pueblo is a good place to visit if you can fit in, and/or have a local to go with. Usually a pretty young crowd. You might think you are pulling someone from there, come to find out at the hotel that she is working. There are some girls that go there earlier in the evening, then to the DR later at night. They will try to charge you, no matter where you pick them up. I know.

WeasalDecent point you make about brasil, although the mongers I talked to there couldn't believe me and my friend were pulling girls for free. I believe you when you say the DR is about business LOL I'm looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish. I might would pay 50-60 for a 8-9 if it is late and I'm horny as fuck. I don't really have any motive, other than to enjoy Costa Rica for 2 weeks with my best friend. Now we are going to try and hookup with chicks at every opportunity we get. I've never paid for sex, and don't plan on it in CR, but you never know, I might if I can't pull anything and a ridiculously hot grl is available for a decent price.

Anyways what is a cheap decent girl friendly hotel in san jose yall would recommend for me and my friend? How much would a 2 bedroom cost us?

Baqueta
05-17-11, 23:07
I like to use the ATM inside of the INS building on the second floor. The INS building is the tallest building in Barrio Amon. As you are walking from the HDR to SL, cross through the park, and it is right in front of you after exiting the park. It must be 20 stories tall. You can't miss it.

CHIt is also pictured on the back of the 1000 colones note (rojo)

Diverdown1970
08-17-11, 01:24
Looking at going to Costa Rica but never was interested until recently. I heard you can get roughly 4 girls all week to stay with you and friends for around $600 USD. Is this true or am I hearing a bunch of BS? Looking for an apartment as I don't care for hotels. Usually stay about 10 days at a time. Where is the best area to go? Are live in gf / maid a real thing or someones fantasy? Or should I burn my airmiles and just go to Colombia or Brazil?

Thanks for any info.

El Greco
08-17-11, 09:01
I will say my opinion is that Rio and San Jose aren't all that alike, and Help isn't like the Del Rey. It is way easier to pull a freebie from Help, as there's alot of girls that won't even pull one customer in a night from Help.

WeasalHelp disco has been closed for over a year now. The alternative is Balcony restaurant / bar on the other side of Copacabana beach. Only pros there.

Sky Ryder
08-17-11, 12:21
i've never paid for sex, and don't plan on it in cr, but you never know, i might if i can't pull anything and a ridiculously hot grl is available for a decent price.

anyways what is a cheap decent girl friendly hotel in san jose yall would recommend for me and my friend? how much would a 2 bedroom cost us?not to be a flame thrower, but i would make a fairly large wager that you have "paid for sex", maybe just not a straight trade of currency for sex. if it makes you feel better to believe otherwise, then full speed ahead. don't delude yourself into thinking that most, if not all women seek some sort of "compensation" for their physical services. i am not saying that is a bad thing either way, just a reality of the way of the world in which we reside. imho.

sky

Nixonbd
08-17-11, 14:50
Decent point you make about brasil, although the mongers I talked to there couldn't believe me and my friend were pulling girls for free. I believe you when you say the DR is about business LOL I'm looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish. I might would pay 50-60 for a 8-9 if it is late and I'm horny as fuck. I don't really have any motive, other than to enjoy Costa Rica for 2 weeks with my best friend. Now we are going to try and hookup with chicks at every opportunity we get. I've never paid for sex, and don't plan on it in CR, but you never know, I might if I can't pull anything and a ridiculously hot grl is available for a decent price.

Anyways what is a cheap decent girl friendly hotel in san jose yall would recommend for me and my friend? How much would a 2 bedroom cost us?Ahhhhhh to be young and dumb again. I think you need to spend some time reading prior posts, so as to not take all the wind out of your sails, my friend.

Redfield10
08-19-11, 07:03
You must haven't been to Rio De Janeiro, because it is most certainly one of the most "PAID SEX" concentrated cities in the world. Copacabana is nothing but a huge brothel! LOL.

These girls make PLENTY of money from fat, old, bald Americans and Europeans. 100 USD for an hour is insane expensive. Thats a whole night session in Rio LOL. So a night out with a young (early 20's) good looking american is actually a pleasant retrieve from the normal not so satisfying routine they are accustomed to.

Like I said I may not pull the first girl for free but ONE of these girls will be leaving with me for free. It never fails.I saw one the other night at the DR looking for you. 250 lbs. No teeth. 7 kids. However, she still wanted money from you. You stud.

Nixonbd
08-20-11, 14:10
[QUOTE: These girls make PLENTY of money from fat, old, bald Americans and Europeans. 100 USD for an hour is insane expensive. Thats a whole night session in Rio LOL. So a night out with a young (early 20's) good looking american is actually a pleasant retrieve from the normal not so satisfying routine they are accustomed to.

Like I said I may not pull the first girl for free but ONE of these girls will be leaving with me for free. It never fails.[/QUOTE]

You'll be laughed out of the Blue Marlin.

Digital Curry
08-31-11, 01:32
Can somebody recommend where I should go in the Caribbean or Central America? (I have free miles on Spirit Airlines- not Colombia.) I would be grateful if you send message or comment here.

I speak fluent Spanish- I have little money- Mid-40s and decent looking- I don't drink. I like girlfriends / Semi-pros with GFE, but not brothels nor hard-core prostitutes. Innocent between 18 and 25. No pimps, nor greed. Girls with necessity. I like country girls, Campasinas.

I want easy and cheap girls, but I'm tired of Cuba. Spent a year there. Really, this is partially reconnaissance. Maybe I can find someplace that would be nice to live. Thus, I was thinking Costa Rica- it has a lot of amenities but I bet it is expensive. Can you get inexpensive girls in the countryside? How far do you have to travel from San Jose? Nicaragua? Honduras?

Panama (Too many Americans, expensive?)

Nicaragua (Too Catholic? Safe? Easy girls or no?)

Costa Rica (Expensive?)

El Salvador (Too dangerous? What are the girls like? Safe to leave the city?)

Honduras (The girls are easy and pretty. Dangerous? Safe to leave the city? Scummy?)

Guatemala (Girls not easy. Very Catholic. Time to get a girlfriend. In general not that pretty.)

Jamaica (This would be a fun alternative. No chance I would live there. Black, white, latin-all ok)

Dominican Republic (Like Cuba, too many Americans, expensive, many hard-core prostitutes.)

Soft Bob
09-01-11, 03:11
Digital Curry I think you should seriously consider ECUADOR. I have not been there but the reports seem to imply that the girls are much cheaper than in Central America. Also much cheaper to live there. Good chance of GFEs too since you speak Spanish.

Iddfs
09-01-11, 04:20
I will be going to San Jose around Halloween with some friends. We are thinking of staying in the Escazu area. Will the girls give us any trouble of wanting to go back to Escazu?

Member #4244
09-01-11, 07:32
I will be going to San Jose around Halloween with some friends. We are thinking of staying in the Escazu area. Will the girls give us any trouble of wanting to go back to Escazu?If the cash is flowing, they are going and if you are paying they are staying.

Some of the way out there spots in jaco the girls will whine but going from SJ to escazu should not cause much hassle.

Nixonbd
09-01-11, 13:36
Can somebody recommend where I should go in the Caribbean or Central America? (I have free miles on Spirit Airlines- not Colombia.) I would be grateful if you send message or comment here.

I speak fluent Spanish- I have little money- Mid-40s and decent looking- I don't drink. I like girlfriends / Semi-pros with GFE, but not brothels nor hard-core prostitutes. Innocent between 18 and 25. No pimps, nor greed. Girls with necessity. I like country girls, Campasinas.

I want easy and cheap girls, but I'm tired of Cuba. Spent a year there. Really, this is partially reconnaissance. Maybe I can find someplace that would be nice to live. Thus, I was thinking Costa Rica- it has a lot of amenities but I bet it is expensive. Can you get inexpensive girls in the countryside? How far do you have to travel from San Jose? Nicaragua? Honduras? (I have free miles on Spirit Airlines- not Colombia.) Not so free when you pay for seat, bags, taxes, bathroom, LOL.

Many of the old timers I have spoken to who retired in Costa Rica speak highly of Nicuragua as the next CR.

Not sure about the GFE experience there though, perhaps somewhere outside San Jose.

I went to Quito, Ecuador last year and was amazed about how clean and relatively cheap the city was. Many Americans retire there. Prostitution is not out in the open; some real hot casas and bars (highly recommend Cafe Rojo next to the airport for on site action with a number of fine Columbianas).

Iddfs
09-02-11, 05:37
If the cash is flowing, they are going and if you are paying they are staying.

Some of the way out there spots in jaco the girls will whine but going from SJ to escazu should not cause much hassle.Thanks, a couple of my friends are married and they are going to use the "I am staying in the suburbs" excuse.

Love Bite
09-02-11, 22:42
Hey any body knows that I can use credit cards in new fantacy, pirate club and idem for services. Let me know thanks and if yes what are the charges

Dickhead
09-03-11, 01:21
I went to Quito, Ecuador last year . Prostitution is not out in the openI guess you were not in the Mariscal Sucre area on a Friday or Saturday night, then.

Dickhead
09-03-11, 01:24
Hey any body knows that I can use credit cards in new fantacy, pirate club and idem for services. Let me know thanks and if yes what are the chargesYou should just eliminate the middleman and mail your credit card and PIN to Nigeria.

CultureShock
09-09-11, 21:43
You should just eliminate the middleman and mail your credit card and PIN to Nigeria.I don't use my state-side debit cards anymore in Costa Rica, expect for maybe an ATM transaction. Its better to bring cash anyway to Costa Rica and get a hotel room with a safe. Paying for the hotel with a credit card is fine, but I would not risk my debit card with attached checking account.

A friend of mine got a Walmart Money Card after getting burned in Costa Rica and spending hours with his bank. You have to wait a week in the mail for the final card, but its any easy way to transfer some cash onto a card that won't turn into an ongoing nightmare if it gets compromised.

Keeper50
09-22-11, 18:57
Anyone stay at the Morazon recently? There were reports of the elevator not working and water shortages, have they been taken care of? They have a nice 3 day deal going, and I would like to stay there. TY in advance

Lusifer69
10-18-11, 08:40
Hello, everyone I will be in Costa Rica from the 26-30 of this month and I'm planning on moving around a lot (going to the Volcanoes, sip lines, beaches and from Alejuelas to San Jose (we have friends in Alejuela but we are staying in San Jose) so my friend and I are planning on renting a car. I would like to know if renting a car in Costa Rica is a good idea or not?

Stevewxly
10-19-11, 01:46
Hello, everyone I will be in Costa Rica from the 26-30 of this month and I'm planning on moving around a lot (going to the Volcanoes, sip lines, beaches and from Alejuelas to San Jose (we have friends in Alejuela but we are staying in San Jose) so my friend and I are planning on renting a car. I would like to know if renting a car in Costa Rica is a good idea or not?Renting a car in Costa Rica is OK. But the mass transit is so good and plentiful and cheap. Why bother with a rental car. Plus rental cars in CR are rather expensive. Much cheaper to get a rental car in Panama. For example. The rates there are lots cheaper than CR.

A decent rental car in CR will set you back perhaps $ 300-400 a week. But you can take taxi's or buses anywhere and they are dirt cheap. And there are literally thousands of both. The Cabs and buses go almost everywhere.

Another consideration is the traffic on the roads. The drivers in CR. Are a "wreck waiting to happen". And if you are involved in a wreck you will wish you never, never even thought of renting a car, and driving in CR. As the police will cause you a lot of anguish.

My advice. Take a taxi or a bus and leave the driving to the locals. You will know what I mean once you arrive and see how they drive. It's just a guess-timate but I would say- there has got to be a 1, 000 fender benders a day in San Jose, CR. And probably 5, 000 or more near misses........

That is something that you do need to subject yourself too......... with the plentiful, cheap and easy mass transit.

Iddfs
10-19-11, 06:18
Hello, everyone I will be in Costa Rica from the 26-30 of this month and I'm planning on moving around a lot (going to the Volcanoes, sip lines, beaches and from Alejuelas to San Jose (we have friends in Alejuela but we are staying in San Jose) so my friend and I are planning on renting a car. I would like to know if renting a car in Costa Rica is a good idea or not?I agree with Stevewxly, I only rented a car in San Jose the first time I went, after that, I realized that it was mostly useless. Not just the driving, but at night you are better off with a taxi and not walking to a parking lot.

I do rent a car when I am going outside of San Jose, specially at the Arenal, where taxis are few and expensive.

Lusifer69
10-19-11, 18:51
Thanks Stevewxly and Iddfs for the info. I guess I will rent a car for the 2 days that I will be out of San Jose and then turn it in.

Benefit
10-27-11, 03:28
Hey guys been to SJ back in 97 and had a ball. Arrived Halloween night Stayed for 10 days at the SL. Did it all. Three of us looking to return for about ten days Jan Sixth 12. Between us we will cover all. However would like info on party life during that season.

I know there were fears of a crackdown but that seems to have supsided. We know most of the spots unless some new hot ones have opened. I am just trying not to get caught in a down time when things are slow. Would appreciate any direction you can give me.

Sammon
10-27-11, 16:06
Renting a car in Costa Rica is OK. But the mass transit is so good and plentiful and cheap. Why bother with a rental car. Plus rental cars in CR are rather expensive. Much cheaper to get a rental car in Panama. For example. The rates there are lots cheaper than CR.

A decent rental car in CR will set you back perhaps $ 300-400 a week. But you can take taxi's or buses anywhere and they are dirt cheap. And there are literally thousands of both. The Cabs and buses go almost everywhere.

Another consideration is the traffic on the roads. The drivers in CR. Are a "wreck waiting to happen". And if you are involved in a wreck you will wish you never, never even thought of renting a car, and driving in CR. As the police will cause you a lot of anguish.

My advice. Take a taxi or a bus and leave the driving to the locals. You will know what I mean once you arrive and see how they drive. It's just a guess-timate but I would say- there has got to be a 1, 000 fender benders a day in San Jose, CR. And probably 5, 000 or more near misses.

That is something that you do need to subject yourself too. With the plentiful, cheap and easy mass transit.I have always rented a car in San Jose. If you shop around you get a cheap rate. It is fun taking your honey to Arenal and other sightseeing places. We had lots of fun at the hot springs, very romantic.

Having a car beats the sitting and drinking at bars. I have travelled lenghth and breadth of Costa Rica. It is a small country. Have gone to pacific as well as atlantic side, always renting a car for a week. I used to stay at Presidente and they have secure parking inside. As for the girls many would just go with me with no demands of money for the day. For these girls it is an experience. Many have never gone sightseeing. Their only sightseeing is looking at the ceiling it seems. Many a times even went to local carnivals. Locals were very friendly. One time it was raining cats and dogs on the way back from Puerto Limon on the mountain pass. Drivers were very cautious.

Never had problems driving in CR.

Nixonbd
10-27-11, 22:22
I have always rented a car in San Jose. If you shop around you get a cheap rate. It is fun taking your honey to Arenal and other sightseeing places. We had lots of fun at the hot springs, very romantic.

Having a car beats the sitting and drinking at bars. I have travelled lenghth and breadth of Costa Rica. It is a small country. Have gone to pacific as well as atlantic side, always renting a car for a week. I used to stay at Presidente and they have secure parking inside. As for the girls many would just go with me with no demands of money for the day. For these girls it is an experience. Many have never gone sightseeing. Their only sightseeing is looking at the ceiling it seems. Many a times even went to local carnivals. Locals were very friendly. One time it was raining cats and dogs on the way back from Puerto Limon on the mountain pass. Drivers were very cautious.

Never had problems driving in CR.The girls I was with never had anything bad to say about the ceiling in my room!

Qncterra
11-13-11, 01:38
Last week, I met a couple guys who say that Spirit Air has a good deal for travel by using their credit card and frequent flyer miles. They claim to be traveling for $20-$30 without checking baggage. Not sure completely how they do it, but I am going to look into it. I thought that I had a good deal coming out of Orlando on Jet Blue for $264, but if I can improve on that, then it is worth it. If anyone is familiar with how this works, please share or pm me. Thanks.

Beconn Reconn
11-13-11, 09:12
Last week, I met a couple guys who say that Spirit Air has a good deal for travel by using their credit card and frequent flyer miles. They claim to be traveling for $20-$30 without checking baggage. Not sure completely how they do it, but I am going to look into it. I thought that I had a good deal coming out of Orlando on Jet Blue for $264, but if I can improve on that, then it is worth it. If anyone is familiar with how this works, please share or pm me. Thanks.They have that "$9 fare club" you can join, have to pay a fee, but then they let you know when special fares come up. Sometimes they have real low rates, but they sell out quickly. Also Spirit charges A LOT to check or carry on even 1 bag, you have to travel really light basically just wear some shorts, two 2shirts, and sweatshirt with your toothbrush and blue pills in there!

UKJazzMan
11-13-11, 22:12
Just beware they charge for everything and have recently reduced the baggage allowance, that said I just used them, thought it was about $350 return from Miami, service was fine and on time.

Last week, I met a couple guys who say that Spirit Air has a good deal for travel by using their credit card and frequent flyer miles. They claim to be traveling for $20-$30 without checking baggage. Not sure completely how they do it, but I am going to look into it. I thought that I had a good deal coming out of Orlando on Jet Blue for $264, but if I can improve on that, then it is worth it. If anyone is familiar with how this works, please share or pm me. Thanks.

Qncterra
12-05-11, 03:13
Hum-m-m. Thanks. I checked out their website, and will probably stay with Jet Blue and do the 90 minute drive to Orlando. It's non-stop, so I won't have layover in Miami, when leaving Tampa.

Nabru
01-04-12, 07:30
Hum-m-m. Thanks. I checked out their website, and will probably stay with Jet Blue and do the 90 minute drive to Orlando. It's non-stop, so I won't have layover in Miami, when leaving Tampa.You got a good deal on JetBlue, and even without a good deal I'd still take them over Spirit. Sometimes when people tell you the great deals they found with Spirit they leave out the taxes and fees. It also possible to travel cheap on Spirit if you bring a small bag under 16"x14"x12" and don't select a seat, but they have the shortest seat pitch in The States. Whereas, JetBlue has the longest seat pitch (in coach). Years ago you could get the $9 fare club for free with the Spirit Master Card but no more, and even with that the really cheap fares are even fewer and farther between along with taxes and fees that increased. Their award miles are quite the challenge to redeem.

Jbiz979
01-13-12, 09:24
Question to you experienced gents. Are there any dating sites you guys can recommend for meeting women in Costa rica? I'm a first time traveler to this country. And some descent hotel recommendations would be nice I know many say the Del Ray but I don't want to be so close to the action just in case I meet a non pro chick

Mitchcr
01-14-12, 04:17
We are 2 guys looking to hire a San Jose local as a driver and guide for 4 days Feb 29. March 3. Email me if interested.

Nvslim
01-18-12, 14:56
Any suggestion on air travel from Las Vegas (LAS) to San Jose (SJO)?

Quick look online for availability had most domestic flights routed through Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

Checked through LAX and layover in Mexico City or Guatemala City using foreign airlines.

Thanks,

Slim

Nixonbd
01-18-12, 23:26
Any suggestion on air travel from Las Vegas (LAS) to San Jose (SJO)?

Quick look online for availability had most domestic flights routed through Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

Checked through LAX and layover in Mexico City or Guatemala City using foreign airlines.

Thanks,

SlimTry Continental, through Houston.

Nvslim
01-19-12, 11:13
Try Continental, through Houston.It's really strange the routing of airlines. From LAS to SJO via IAH has a travel time of 18-20 hours with 13-14 hour layover in Houston. I thought about a straight shot from IAH to SJO and getting to Houston on my own but that costs over $1, 000. Even stranger is from Houston to San Jose at the cheapest rate is routed thru Newark.

Slim

Sammon
01-19-12, 17:36
Hi guys, I'm going to a conference in Jaco about a year from (I know, long way off) but I wonder if I should rent a car in SJ or take the bus? I like the flexibility of the car for a few days. Also looking for busty Ticas in both SJ and Jaco. Any recommendations appreciated!Are you adventurous? Are you a good driver negotiating mountain curves (I do not mean Big Breast curves )? Are you an off path type of guy or like to sit around drink and shag? Do you like to take chicas on romantic trips?

It is your personal decision to rent a car. I always do in DR and central america also Mexico. I do not rent a car in Asia. Having a car opens you up for trips sightseeing to many places as you know Costa rica is a nice tourist destination.

There are plenty of transportation options if you do not rent a car. From Taxis to vans and buses. On a side note spanish girls tend to have large boobs. If young they really stand up. Many girls especially colombians had boob jobs done.

Chris Long
02-11-12, 23:36
Need some help I am going to San Jose next month and I need to make some phone calls back home to the state but I can't let certain people know that I am calling from outside of the country. I have a cheap phone provider that does not offer any calls from SJ. I have heard of something that works through the internet through your lap top that gives you a local area code from your area in the states and allowes you to call back home and and your local area code from back home shows up on the receivers phone. Does anyone know what this is where I get it and how much it cost.

Thanks.

Chirs

Italian Guy
02-12-12, 09:48
Need some help I am going to San Jose next month and I need to make some phone calls back home to the state but I can't let certain people know that I am calling from outside of the country. I have a cheap phone provider that does not offer any calls from SJ. I have heard of something that works through the internet through your lap top that gives you a local area code from your area in the states and allowes you to call back home and and your local area code from back home shows up on the receivers phone. Does anyone know what this is where I get it and how much it cost.

Thanks.

ChirsSounds like the new majic jack. You can buy it at Radio shack or even best Buy.

Mr Jetsetter
02-12-12, 14:20

Thanks.

ChirsmagicJack. You can call the States free from out of country, after you install it and pay the initial fee, which is aound $20 a year or so. Your local, USA magicjack number will be displayed on the receiver's end. Go to their web site for more info.

Member #1088
03-13-12, 23:18
Fellow mongers.

I did my research, couldn't find a report on hotel jade except that is a good place to eat. Is the hotel girl friendly and / or charge you joiner fee?

Thanks in advance.

BananaBoat
03-14-12, 03:47

Thanks.

ChirsYou can also sign up with google voice if you have a laptop that has microphone (or you have one separately) for free. You can pick your own number so pick your area code with available number. They are claiming it will be free until the end of 2012 at least.

Zedman99
03-16-12, 12:08
Fellow mongers.

I did my research, couldn't find a report on hotel jade except that is a good place to eat. Is the hotel girl friendly and / or charge you joiner fee?

Thanks in advance.Never heard of it. Got more info on it?

Gandolf50
03-17-12, 00:00
It's really strange the routing of airlines. From LAS to SJO via IAH has a travel time of 18-20 hours with 13-14 hour layover in Houston. I thought about a straight shot from IAH to SJO and getting to Houston on my own but that costs over $1, 000. Even stranger is from Houston to San Jose at the cheapest rate is routed thru Newark.

SlimI forget which airline, but I always used to fly from Phoenix direct to SJO. It was a nice option coming from Denver or Las Vegas.

Member #1088
03-17-12, 00:56
Never heard of it. Got more info on it?This is the hotel web site http://www.hotelboutiquejade.com/

It says European style management open minded?

I just saw also in their rates page.
16 for extra adult

"No unregistered guests in the room allowed." Does it means you have to register the guess, like in La Amistad? but then they dont bother?

Member #1088
03-25-12, 21:06
This is the hotel web site.

http://www.hotelboutiquejade.com/

It says European style management open minded?

I just saw also in their rates page.

16 for extra adult

"No unregistered guests in the room allowed." Does it means you have to register the guess, like in La Amistad? But then they don't bother?Very UNHAPPY to report that is NOT girl friendly EVEN if you register the lady.

GringoSlim
03-26-12, 02:22
Can anyone tell me how chica friendly the Sleep Inn is?

Also, are there any safe and clean short term hotel options in the area of the Del Ray?

Thanks

The Dirty Pirate
03-26-12, 21:09
$25 per chica I believe, if you want a decent hotel with no chica fee near the action check out Hotel La Amistad.

For the short terms my favorite in the area is La Oficina it's in Barrio Amon.

Also, are there any safe and clean short term hotel options in the area of the Del Ray?

Thanks

Kelso1
03-28-12, 18:22
Juan Santamaria Intl, and

San Jose Tobias Bolanos Intl are the two airports listed for San Jose. Which one does Spirit use?

Thanks in advance.

TorontoShark
03-28-12, 18:25
Best for chicas.

And

Best for fun in the sun

Nabru
03-29-12, 06:08
Juan Santamaria Intl, and

San Jose Tobias Bolanos Intl are the two airports listed for San Jose. Which one does Spirit use?

Thanks in advance.Spirit uses the first one, SJO.

Nabru
03-29-12, 06:09
Best for chicas.

And

Best for fun in the sunBased on the forum in which you are asking your questions, San Jose and Jaco.

Sunset Strip
03-29-12, 18:31

Thanks.

ChirsYou can also download Skype for free (or it might already be on your laptop). You can put $10 on your account and then just call people anywhere in the world from your computer. Nobody will know where you are. Rates are cheap.

Skype has a Skype to go number available for a small fee ($6 per month, I think), in which you can choose a local number. I have done this on international trips.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/online-number/

SS

Zedman99
04-03-12, 03:32
Very UNHAPPY to report that is NOT girl friendly EVEN if you register the lady.Yeah it looks way to upscale-so wonder I never heard of it-what type of accommodations are you looking for?

Zedman99
04-03-12, 03:34
Based on the forum in which you are asking your questions, San Jose and Jaco.For chicas its san jose all the way

Zedman99
04-03-12, 03:41

ThanksSleep Inn charges a fee for the chicas- the last I heard-so check it out first these places are always changing. Hotel Morizan is a block away from Del Rey its pretty nice place. Personally I don't frequent the Del Rey much anymore==but their rooms are reduced due to slow economy.

BriefInc
04-07-12, 20:12
Try the Suites Cristina Apartment Hotel which is located in San Jose, Costa Rica. It is a great place to stay.

Joey Smith
04-08-12, 04:07
Sleep Inn charges a fee for the chicas- the last I heard-so check it out first these places are always changing. Hotel Morizan is a block away from Del Rey its pretty nice place. Personally I don't frequent the Del Rey much anymore==but their rooms are reduced due to slow economy.Sleep inn is not so friendly. $30 chica fee. They are really trying to discourage mongers. Better options in HLH, SL etc.

Gfechaser
04-08-12, 05:15
Ok lads, I have a few questions about Costa Rica. Just to give you guys some context, I have not traveled in a few years.

And I will also be traveling with a friend of mine so I feel that I may be susceptible to newbie tricks just because I have.

Been out of the scene for so long. Therefore I was wondering if you experienced guys could give me some sage advice.

When traveling to Costa Rica. Ok so let's start with the information I do know.

Hotels.

Hotels to stay at are the HLH, Sportsman Lodge, and Del Mar with Sportsman Lodge being the favorite.

Where to find Chicas.

Most of the Chicas can be found at the Del Mar.

Price for Fun.

Chica prices are max $100. Try to negotiate and stay with the market prices.

Ok, so the above information covers the most important where, whys, and hows but I have a few questions.

Where is the best place to exchange cash?

Where is the best places to eat?

Beside the Del Mar where are the best places to find Chicas?

Less importantly, are there any good nightlife spots to frequent?

Dickhead
04-08-12, 18:36
It is the Del Rey (king) , not the Del Mar (beach). San José is nowhere near the beach. San José is a large city with many good restaurants. The Del Rey is for noobies which is fine but the place is a rip-off, especially the bartenders. Sportsmen's is much better but is not a late night place. Chicas at Sportsmen's were happy with $70 or 30 to 40, 000 colones as of last month. If you stay at Sportsman's you are three blocks from New Fantasy and four from Hotel Little Havana. I have not seen the guest rooms at Little Havana but there were some cute chicas there. Both those two places are $50 although if you are a guest at Little Havana it is $30 to take her to your room, of which she gets $20 and the house $10. They dance on the bar at happy hour at HLH which is good for seeing what you are getting.

Zedman99
04-08-12, 23:59
Ok lads, I have a few questions about Costa Rica. Just to give you guys some context, I have not traveled in a few years.

And I will also be traveling with a friend of mine so I feel that I may be susceptible to newbie tricks just because I have.

Been out of the scene for so long. Therefore I was wondering if you experienced guys could give me some sage advice.

When traveling to Costa Rica. Ok so let's start with the information I do know.

Hotels.

Hotels to stay at are the HLH, Sportsman Lodge, and Del Mar with Sportsman Lodge being the favorite.

Where to find Chicas.

Most of the Chicas can be found at the Del Mar.

Price for Fun.

Chica prices are max $100. Try to negotiate and stay with the market prices.

Ok, so the above information covers the most important where, whys, and hows but I have a few questions.

Where is the best place to exchange cash?

Where is the best places to eat?

Beside the Del Mar where are the best places to find Chicas?

Less importantly, are there any good nightlife spots to frequent?Best place to exchange cash-Any bank-just bring your passport (copies not accepted) doesn't take long-To eat lot of restaurants are good all over-what particular type of food are you looking for? You mean besides the Del Rey-Del Mar is the restaurant where Key Largo is that is across from the Del Rey-Del Mar has excellent food with American prices. Over 40 MP's and bars with chicas all over San Jose.

Gfechaser
04-09-12, 05:50
Best place to exchange cash-Any bank-just bring your passport (copies not accepted) doesn't take long-To eat lot of restaurants are good all over-what particular type of food are you looking for? You mean besides the Del Rey-Del Mar is the restaurant where Key Largo is that is across from the Del Rey-Del Mar has excellent food with American prices. Over 40 MP's and bars with chicas all over San Jose.I am not really looking for any particular food really. I would like to sample authentic local cuisine.

Zedman99
04-09-12, 21:12
I am not really looking for any particular food really. I would like to sample authentic local cuisine.Well really then just about anywhere in town the food is good. The costa rican people are very clean-I have eaten at many places where you just walk up and order and stand on the sidewalk and wait for your meal. I never once got any type of food poisoning and I eat all over the city. They don't have street vendors for food but you can get fresh oj from a shopping cart vendor. Like I said they are very clean-always cleaning.

Mr Jetsetter
04-10-12, 05:46
It is the Del Rey (king) , not the Del Mar (beach). San José is nowhere near the beach. San José is a large city with many good restaurants. The Del Rey is for noobies which is fine but the place is a rip-off, especially the bartenders. Sportsmen's is much better but is not a late night place. Chicas at Sportsmen's were happy with $70 or 30 to 40, 000 colones as of last month. If you stay at Sportsman's you are three blocks from New Fantasy and four from Hotel Little Havana. I have not seen the guest rooms at Little Havana but there were some cute chicas there. Both those two places are $50 although if you are a guest at Little Havana it is $30 to take her to your room, of which she gets $20 and the house $10. They dance on the bar at happy hour at HLH which is good for seeing what you are getting.Slight correction: hotel guests pay $35, not $30. The hourly rate for CRT members is $49, and I believe everyone else pays $56.

Zedman99
04-25-12, 14:15
Slight correction: hotel guests pay $35, not $30. The hourly rate for CRT members is $49, and I believe everyone else pays $56.Just got back-your correct-35 and 56

Arjuna Alpha
05-21-12, 04:27
Wondering if anyone has experience keeping a chica from Del Ray overnight?

Thanks

Chris Long
05-22-12, 05:54

ThanksI had one stay overnight with me from the Del Ray once. I think it was a case of her bing tired more than anything else. I picked her up around 3 in the morning for $60 after we were done it was pushing 4 she never asked to stay and I never asked her to stay we both just laid there and fell asleep. Got another all natrual session in the morning when we woke up. I gave her a cien for the two sessions and her staying the night. She never asked for it and staying the night and a session in the morning was never discussed or part of the original plan, I just thought it was the right thing to do. Even bought her breakfest in the morning. It was kinda nice sleeping next to a pretty girl. I haven't spend the entire night with women in many years.

Chris

Psychman
05-22-12, 06:04

ThanksPerhaps 20 or 30 over the years- is there a specific question about it? If you are looking for TLN (Todo la noche, all night) , look for see if she is willing to sit and chat before she rushes to close the deal. Pass on chicas who seem in a rush, and who quote a cien for an hour within 5 minutes. If the chias quotes a 100 for an hour, and does not come off of it quickly, mostly likely she is a clock watcher. There are still very good looking chicas that can be had for all night for 120 (100 for good looking women is becoming more difficult) , or a few dollars more. If you do want her to spend the night, specify what you wish for in the morning (I. E. I want you to stay for a round of sex and breakest, ect).

Hope that helps.

Canyon
06-08-12, 00:32
Do you have to change a lot of money into colones or can you just pay the girls in dollars? I'm thinking of only changing enough money for incidentals like taxis and food and keeping the rest in dollars.

The Dirty Pirate
06-08-12, 15:55
Do you have to change a lot of money into colones or can you just pay the girls in dollars? I'm thinking of only changing enough money for incidentals like taxis and food and keeping the rest in dollars.You're better off using colones for everything.

Pussy Hunter
06-10-12, 20:08
Hey Mongers,

I am going on a trip outside of San Jose to Montana de Fuego in Arenal, Flamingo Beach Resort in Liberia, and Poas Volcano Lodge all for some tours. Are there any Chicas available in the areas I mentioned above? If you have any info, please advise!

Thanks!

Have Fun & Be Safe! PH

The Dirty Pirate
06-11-12, 14:38
Hey Mongers,

I am going on a trip outside of San Jose to Montana de Fuego in Arenal, Flamingo Beach Resort in Liberia, and Poas Volcano Lodge all for some tours. Are there any Chicas available in the areas I mentioned above? If you have any info, please advise!

Thanks!

Have Fun & Be Safe! PHNope, nope and nope.

Canyon
06-12-12, 06:16
I'm thinking about renting a motor scooter to get around San Jose. Any advice?

Mr Jetsetter
06-12-12, 09:47
I'm thinking about renting a motor scooter to get around San Jose. Any advice?Don't do it! Unless you have suicidal tendencies.

Generous Gent
06-12-12, 13:28
This is definitely the best advice you could give anyone. Honduras isn't any better and likely worse, and I still have a terrible time with what once was a broken arm. I thought it woulds be great getting around economically on a scooter until a taxi whacked me. Could have been worse, but Jetsetter is spot on. It is suicide. Oh yeah, almost forgot. No television lawyers promoting " There's my wreck and here's my check".

Don't do it! Unless you have suicidal tendencies.

Streetlooker
06-13-12, 04:51
I have never been to Costa Rica. I have however just read about all the advise on here about the place and looked up some videos and I am about sure I will make my 1st trip there soon. I have Mongered AC, PATTAYA, BANGKOK, and TIJUANA and know that I can get a experience I like there without much of a hassle with runners or disappointing services I seek. OK what I want. 1. Massage full body legit massages with no up sell interruptions for the happy ending I can pay her beforehand for all services requested no problem. I do want the girl to give me a HJ with lotion balls massage but only after the massage is done for the rest of my body I get this in Thailand all the time is it hard to find in Costa Rica? Or are most massage places just about the sex part. 2. I need a girl to stay LT all day in my hotel room and hang out for a few days. I get this all the time in the Philippines Is the GFE something rare in Costa Rica or is it pretty easy to get has long has you are paying? 3. Are the strip bars there XXX rated where about everything goes full nude and not many limits on touching sort of like you would get in Pattaya? If most of theses things are available I might have found myself a more convenient mongering location. Thanks for any advise

Mr Jetsetter
06-13-12, 05:40
I have never been to Costa Rica. I have however just read about all the advise on here about the place and looked up some videos and I am about sure I will make my 1st trip there soon. I have Mongered AC, PATTAYA, BANGKOK, and TIJUANA and know that I can get a experience I like there without much of a hassle with runners or disappointing services I seek. OK what I want. 1. Massage full body legit massages with no up sell interruptions for the happy ending I can pay her beforehand for all services requested no problem. I do want the girl to give me a HJ with lotion balls massage but only after the massage is done for the rest of my body I get this in Thailand all the time is it hard to find in Costa Rica? Or are most massage places just about the sex part. 2. I need a girl to stay LT all day in my hotel room and hang out for a few days. I get this all the time in the Philippines Is the GFE something rare in Costa Rica or is it pretty easy to get has long has you are paying? 3. Are the strip bars there XXX rated where about everything goes full nude and not many limits on touching sort of like you would get in Pattaya? If most of theses things are available I might have found myself a more convenient mongering location. Thanks for any adviseI have been to Costa Rica 16 times or so in the last 6 years and have also mongered in AC, Pattaya & Bangkok during the same time span. Judging from your post, it appears you might be expecting too much out of the San Jose scene. You will not be able to readily find "full body legit masssages" similar to what is available in Thailand. Yes, the MPs in San Jose are mostly about the "sex part." You can arrange LT in San Jose if you are lucky enough to find a lady you are comfortable with for a few days, but it will cost you WAY WAY MORE than in AC. These kinds of long term stays seem almost part of the mongering culture in the Philippines, but are much, much less of an option in CR. Yes, you can have some wild times in some of the San Jose strip clubs and get laid on site, but nothing will compare to the incredibly immense Pattaya strip club scene, a whole different animal.

My advice: check out San Jose and Costa Rica for the first time. I think you will enjoy yourself. Just don't expect your experiences to compare to what you've already experienced in Asia. Your trip will simply be something different, and you stand a decent chance of meeting some pretty special latinas.

JoeNasty1976
06-16-12, 03:27
Hi Guys,

Its my first time on a mongering trip to CR. I lived in Argentina for 5 years. And did a fair bit during my first two years before shacking up with a gal. I met Jackson and some of the crew down there and had a blast. I speak fluent Spanish (albeit with an Argentine accent) and have played the game a fair bit. So I'm not worried too much about getting ripped off or anything like that. More just looking for the best way to have a good time. So I have a few questions. I'll be landing in San Jose on Thursday July 12th and returning early on Monday July 16th.

1) I was thinking about taking a day trip or maybe a couple days at the beach. Nothing too far away but somewhere nice and beach town feel. I like the drinking, gambling, and whoring, but I was thinking the beach would be a good change of pace to break up the routine and to get out of the city. Any suggestions? Maybe even somewhere at the beach where there is drinking gambling and whoring. LOL.

2) Flight is booked but I am planning on trying to book the Sportsman while I'm in San Ho and if that is booked then something close to the action in Gringo Gulch, is it better to book in advance or should I just play it by ear?

3) I'd be up for golf if there is a decent, reasonably priced course nearby. Any recommendations? I'll bring my golf shoes but the course would have to rent clubs.

4) Last time I was in Costa Rica I did the tour of the opera house and the main square and walked around a big shopping area. Are there any points of interest other than that in San Jose? Perhaps good places to hear live local music? Are there any bars in Gringo Gulch that have good live American / British music?

5) Are there any fun places to go swimming? Like a casino / hotel that has a pool with a swim up bar? Or is that too much to ask?

6) Lastly if there is anyone planning a trip down there or expats who'd be down to meet up for a drink or a cuban or both on those dates (about a month from now) let me know. I'm american and 35 years old, but I don't discriminate. I like all kinds of people except for boring people.

Cheers

Streetlooker
06-16-12, 16:56
I have been to Costa Rica 16 times or so in the last 6 years and have also mongered in AC, Pattaya & Bangkok during the same time span. Judging from your post, it appears you might be expecting too much out of the San Jose scene. You will not be able to readily find "full body legit masssages" similar to what is available in Thailand. Yes, the MPs in San Jose are mostly about the "sex part." You can arrange LT in San Jose if you are lucky enough to find a lady you are comfortable with for a few days, but it will cost you WAY WAY MORE than in AC. These kinds of long term stays seem almost part of the mongering culture in the Philippines, but are much, much less of an option in CR. Yes, you can have some wild times in some of the San Jose strip clubs and get laid on site, but nothing will compare to the incredibly immense Pattaya strip club scene, a whole different animal.

My advice: check out San Jose and Costa Rica for the first time. I think you will enjoy yourself. Just don't expect your experiences to compare to what you've already experienced in Asia. Your trip will simply be something different, and you stand a decent chance of meeting some pretty special latinas.Thank you for your reply: seems my experience in CR will be about the same has I can get in Tijuana. If that is the case I think I just go there and save money. Anyone else want to convince me to go to CR for something different then I can get in Tijuana?

The Dirty Pirate
06-16-12, 20:05
Thank you for your reply: seems my experience in CR will be about the same has I can get in Tijuana. If that is the case I think I just go there and save money. Anyone else want to convince me to go to CR for something different then I can get in Tijuana?There are a variety of women, not sure how Tijuana is, but can you get Colombianas, Nicas, Dominicans and of course Ticas in San Jose.

Chris Long
06-17-12, 04:47
Thank you for your reply: seems my experience in CR will be about the same has I can get in Tijuana. If that is the case I think I just go there and save money. Anyone else want to convince me to go to CR for something different then I can get in Tijuana?You get the full hour in the CR for the same price you pay for the half hour Tijuana. You have to interview but I had no problem getting BBBJ in CR where as it is practically unheard of in Tijuana. You have to interview but again I had no problem getting the girls to let me go down on them in CR. In Tijuana many but not all of the club chicas will allow that practically none of the street chicas will. Had far more GFE sessions in CR than I did in Tijuana. Both places are good and both places should be explored at least once. But personally I think the CR is much better than Tijuana.

JoeNasty1976
06-17-12, 06:43
Hi Guys,

Its my first time on a mongering trip to CR. I lived in Argentina for 5 years. And did a fair bit during my first two years before shacking up with a gal. I met Jackson and some of the crew down there and had a blast. I speak fluent Spanish (albeit with an Argentine accent) and have played the game a fair bit. So I'm not worried too much about getting ripped off or anything like that. More just looking for the best way to have a good time. So I have a few questions. I'll be landing in San Jose on Thursday July 12th and returning early on Monday July 16th.

1) I was thinking about taking a day trip or maybe a couple days at the beach. Nothing too far away but somewhere nice and beach town feel. I like the drinking, gambling, and whoring, but I was thinking the beach would be a good change of pace to break up the routine and to get out of the city. Any suggestions? Maybe even somewhere at the beach where there is drinking gambling and whoring. LOL.

2) Flight is booked but I am planning on trying to book the Sportsman while I'm in San Ho and if that is booked then something close to the action in Gringo Gulch, is it better to book in advance or should I just play it by ear?

3) I'd be up for golf if there is a decent, reasonably priced course nearby. Any recommendations? I'll bring my golf shoes but the course would have to rent clubs.

4) Last time I was in Costa Rica I did the tour of the opera house and the main square and walked around a big shopping area. Are there any points of interest other than that in San Jose? Perhaps good places to hear live local music? Are there any bars in Gringo Gulch that have good live American / British music?

5) Are there any fun places to go swimming? Like a casino / hotel that has a pool with a swim up bar? Or is that too much to ask?

6) Lastly if there is anyone planning a trip down there or expats who'd be down to meet up for a drink or a cuban or both on those dates (about a month from now) let me know. I'm american and 35 years old, but I don't discriminate. I like all kinds of people except for boring people.

CheersJust a little update: I booked at the sportsman. So forget about question 2.

Telemon
06-20-12, 18:03
Hi Guys,

1) I was thinking about taking a day trip...A great beach excursion for a couple of days would be Jaco. I would highly recommend the Cocal as a spot to stay as well as the new hot spot to find the chicas. Make sure you stop about half-way through the trip to check out the salt water crocs at the bridge. Also, the going rate for a pop is around $50 and its no more than $150 for overnight so PLEASE don't fuckup the economy!

Cheers!