PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rica - Travel Advice

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

D Cups
06-29-12, 17:19
Hi Jet and other experienced CR mongers:

What is the likehood of finding a busty chica in Jaco area and taking her to Manuel Antonio Park for a couple of days?

I understand renting a car in SJO is fairly easy. Any recommendations here?

Any recommendations or contacts for chi chis muy grande greatly appreciated (.) (.)

Thanks very much guys!

[QUOTE=Mr Jetsetter; 1292509]I have been to Costa Rica 16 times or so in the last 6 years

Mr Jetsetter
06-30-12, 07:46
Hi Jet and other experienced CR mongers:

What is the likehood of finding a busty chica in Jaco area and taking her to Manuel Antonio Park for a couple of days?

I understand renting a car in SJO is fairly easy. Any recommendations here?

Any recommendations or contacts for chi chis muy grande greatly appreciated (.) (.)

Thanks very much guys!

[QUOTE=Mr Jetsetter; 1292509]I have been to Costa Rica 16 times or so in the last 6 yearsI haven't been to Jaco in three or four years and I have never rented a car in CR, so any advice on my part would essentially be worthless! I will say that I have been reading some very positive reports on the Jaco scene lately on another board, with the Cocal frequently mentioned as a great spot to pick up the ladies, in accordance with brother Telemon's recommendation below. If you like to swim and / or surf, go a few kilometers south of Jaco to Playa Hermosa, a MUCH nicer beach. Jaco beach is literally a cess pool.

The Dirty Pirate
06-30-12, 15:22
Use Thrifty. They have an office by the airport and another a few blocks from VIPs Taberna in San Jose.

Thrifty has the cheapest deposit from what I have found and after several times renting they have never tried to mess with me. Not sure about finding a chica to go to Manuel Antonio but there has to be someone who would want to. Make sure they don't have children because they will likely ruin it for you and they all play that game, mi bebe esta enfermo.

D Cups
07-03-12, 14:10
Thanks, mate. Got it. Can I buy you a beer in SJ? Sure could use a wingman there, My Spanish is weak at best.

Use Thrifty. They have an office by the airport and another a few blocks from VIPs Taberna in San Jose.

Thrifty has the cheapest deposit from what I have found and after several times renting they have never tried to mess with me. Not sure about finding a chica to go to Manuel Antonio but there has to be someone who would want to. Make sure they don't have children because they will likely ruin it for you and they all play that game, mi bebe esta enfermo.

Qncterra
07-23-12, 03:17
Jet Blue has a great non-stop from Orlando to JSO, with great price and scheduling on a small A320. It leaves at 10 am local and arrives 11:15 am local. You may find something similar in your area and may be worth it. I usually fly AA, but their scheduling to SJO through Miami sucks and I have used all of my travel miles.

Nvslim
08-03-12, 11:32
I forget which airline, but I always used to fly from Phoenix direct to SJO. It was a nice option coming from Denver or Las Vegas.Anybody have more info on which airline this might be. Checked US Airways but they route thru LAX and takes 15 hours and Southwest does not fly to SJO. Flying out of Las Vegas (LAS).

Thanks,

Slim

Chukie
08-04-12, 22:29
Anybody have more info on which airline this might be. Checked US Airways but they route thru LAX and takes 15 hours and Southwest does not fly to SJO. Flying out of Las Vegas (LAS).

Thanks,

SlimUS Airways has a flight once a week on Sundays thru September 2nd from Phoenix. They shut down the nonstops after September 2nd until after Thanksgiving. They resume during the holidays thru next summer.

Nvslim
08-05-12, 15:11
US Airways has a flight once a week on Sundays thru September 2nd from Phoenix. They shut down the nonstops after September 2nd until after Thanksgiving. They resume during the holidays thru next summer.Appreciate the info, will be traveling after that date so still looking.

Slim

CaGuy
08-08-12, 22:58
Guys, I've read almost every report from January and didn't see one about airport taxis. Any advise?

Already have reservations at the SL.

Lots of great info here.

I've also watched some youtube videos-looks like Panama but without the oppressive heat.

Hasta pronto.

MadisonGuy
08-09-12, 12:12
Guys, I've read almost every report from January and didn't see one about airport taxis. Any advise?

Lots of great info here.

I've also watched some youtube videos-looks like Panama but without the oppressive heat.

Hasta pronto.Look for a guy with a taxi sign, flag him down, pay him. Taxi's are pretty safe there I've never had any problems. You can try to set the rate before hand but the meters keep it pretty cheap. Airport taxi is probably the only one I really negotiate a rate with. I walk a lot though everything to me is in walking distance once you are at SL.

CaGuy
08-09-12, 21:13
Look for a guy with a taxi sign, flag him down, pay him. Taxi's are pretty safe there I've never had any problems. You can try to set the rate before hand but the meters keep it pretty cheap. Airport taxi is probably the only one I really negotiate a rate with. I walk a lot though everything to me is in walking distance once you are at SL.Madison, ty for the reply. What's the normal rate from the airport to SL? SL's quote is $30 for them to pick me up.

MadisonGuy
08-12-12, 02:09
Madison, ty for the reply. What's the normal rate from the airport to SL? SL's quote is $30 for them to pick me up.I haven't been to CR in awhile but I think it's about $20. Generally it's always less than the hotels charge. I always do the same exact thing and it always works, sometimes it takes 10-20 min like in the D. R. I ask them how much, they say $30. I say that's too much I can't afford it, I'll pay $20. They usually say no sorry that's not enough and then I start walking away. Once I'm downtown though I just let them run the meters, the meters are better than the quoted rate when you're only going a few blocks. But like I said I walk more than anything. At the end of the day the biggest difference will be about $10 which to most isn't worth the hassle of negotiating, but I was raised that way and I enjoy it especially in other countries.

Nabru
08-12-12, 02:15
Madison, ty for the reply. What's the normal rate from the airport to SL? SL's quote is $30 for them to pick me up.Arranging a pickup is usually more expensive because they are stuck there waiting and you could be delayed.

CaGuy
08-12-12, 16:25
Arranging a pickup is usually more expensive because they are stuck there waiting and you could be delayed.I already agreed to the $30. I'll post comments the next morning (22 Nov). Ths is my first trip and don't know the lay of the land for the taxis yet. I always did the airort pick-up way in the PI and it always worked out fairly well.

Anyone else going to be there Thanksgiving day weekend? I plan on doing some of the tourist shit during the day time and running the bars at night.

Nabru
08-13-12, 00:09
I already agreed to the $30. I'll post comments the next morning (22 Nov). Ths is my first trip and don't know the lay of the land for the taxis yet.After clearing customs (the part where they take a form you filled out and xray your bags) you'll walk around the corner to the exit. Just before you get there will be someone saying,"taxi, sir?" every 5 feet. Take a second and scan the mob of people just outside the glass and you should see your driver holding up a sign with your name on it.

Aussyfries
08-13-12, 02:58
It's $28 from airport to SL.

Madison, ty for the reply. What's the normal rate from the airport to SL? SL's quote is $30 for them to pick me up.

Aussyfries
08-13-12, 03:04
It's $28 from airport to SL.

Madison, ty for the reply. What's the normal rate from the airport to SL? SL's quote is $30 for them to pick me up.

CaGuy
08-14-12, 02:01
It's $28 from airport to SL.Thanks for the reply. Good to know I wasn't getting ripped off on my cherry visit to CR. Plus I don't want to ruin the economy for others.

The Dirty Pirate
08-14-12, 15:11
Plus I don't want to ruin the economy for others.That is all crap, same with the whole mongers paying 100 ruin it for everyone. I have never paid 100, if you do, I still never will. Just my 2 cents.

CaGuy
08-16-12, 03:01
that is all crap, same with the whole mongers paying 100 ruin it for everyone. i have never paid 100, if you do, i still never will. just my 2 cents.dp, my comment wasn't meant as "all inclusive". seems as if my post touched a nerve for some reason. i'm sure there are peeps that feel comfortable paying cien or whatever the high end of the perceived market value might be at the time. others, myself included, like the challenge of getting the best bang for their buck (pun intended).

this will be my 1st trip to cr and i'm just trying to get good intel on what to expect. just got divorced after 1 great year. 3 good years, followed by 4 horrible years of a failed 8 year marriage. time to get back in the game.

thanks for sharing your opinion.

just "my two pennies worth"

MadisonGuy
08-16-12, 13:50
I think over time if most people pay more it will technically ruin it for others. But I doubt it will be a drastically fast change. It's definitely changed in CR and it's definitely not the economy that changed it. Supply and demand. So far I still think I hold the record for highest quoted price in the history of Key Largo. $800. A couple gringos bite on something like that and I do believe soon prices will start to rise. Word gets around even though I didn't pay it the next day the bartenders would shout ocho cien when I came in. In this occassion I think it was more my fault then the girl. I told her I was Walt Disneys son. Ha ha ha

The Dirty Pirate
08-16-12, 16:20
dp, my comment wasn't meant as "all inclusive". seems as if my post touched a nerve for some reason. i'm sure there are peeps that feel comfortable paying cien or whatever the high end of the perceived market value might be at the time. others, myself included, like the challenge of getting the best bang for their buck (pun intended).

this will be my 1st trip to cr and i'm just trying to get good intel on what to expect. just got divorced after 1 great year. 3 good years, followed by 4 horrible years of a failed 8 year marriage. time to get back in the game.

thanks for sharing your opinion.

just "my two pennies worth"no soft spot, just stating my opinion. have a good time, that's all that matters.

Psychman
08-16-12, 22:44

Lots of great info here.

Hasta pronto.The main problem is that SOO few of the cabs know where the SL is, or can find it if they have a general idea. Print up the map that is on the SL webpage, and their written instructions on how to find it.

CaGuy
08-17-12, 04:02
The main problem is that SOO few of the cabs know where the SL is, or can find it if they have a general idea. Print up the map that is on the SL webpage, and their written instructions on how to find it.Already booked thru SL for the airport pickup. It's $30 and a earlier report said $28 so it's a no hassle or worry that the cabbie will get lost deal. An post earlier had a great map with numerous locations:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209147840638780168739.0004bd1b2a3035ab0e0b6&msa=0

Sorry I forget where it was originally posted. To the orginal poster of the above map-thanks!

The Pirate Club isn't on there. Perhaps something the PirateGm can add. I'll be there my first night. Sounds like a great place. See a report by Jonesie on 29 July or thier website.

To the Dirty Pirate-Having a good time is back on the menu!

BogieMaker
08-18-12, 00:50
Already booked thru SL for the airport pickup. It's $30 and a earlier report said $28 so it's a no hassle or worry that the cabbie will get lost deal. An post earlier had a great map with numerous locations:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209147840638780168739.0004bd1b2a3035ab0e0b6&msa=0

Sorry I forget where it was originally posted. To the orginal poster of the above map-thanks!

The Pirate Club isn't on there. Perhaps something the PirateGm can add. I'll be there my first night. Sounds like a great place. See a report by Jonesie on 29 July or thier website.

To the Dirty Pirate-Having a good time is back on the menu!I have added the Pirate Club to the map. Two more weeks and I will be in Costa Rica the first time. Staying at the SL so I appreciate the taxi information.

after 1 great year. 3 good years, followed by 4 horribleI hear you there. The first couple of years not too bad but the last three for me have kept me single for the past 20 years.

Kcrl01
11-08-12, 07:03
Could some PM me reliable contact data for a reputable dentist in San Jose? Need some dental done, can either get it done on my Christmas break and not take a holiday or take a holiday abroad and get it done. Thinking I'll go with the latter.

Thanks

D Cups
11-13-12, 14:45
Will do, thanks, mate. How are the roads from SJ to the west coast (Jaco) and down to Manuel Antonio? I've heard I should get a 4 wheel drive. I'll be going Feb 24. March 10. Thanks for any replies, guys.

PapaMac
11-15-12, 23:21
Will do, thanks, mate. How are the roads from SJ to the west coast (Jaco) and down to Manuel Antonio? I've heard I should get a 4 wheel drive. I'll be going Feb 24. March 10. Thanks for any replies, guys.No need for a 4 wheel drive or even an SUV. Save the money for the chicas.

I rented the cheapest car national has, equipped with a 1. 0 engine. Last month I took the trip to Jaco and Manuel Antonio with no issues. Roads are in decent shape for 95% of the journey. Yes there are steep inclines on the way to Manuel Antonio, just down shift and enjoy the climb!

D Cups
11-20-12, 20:17
Thanks PapaMac!

No need for a 4 wheel drive or even an SUV. Save the money for the chicas.

I rented the cheapest car national has, equipped with a 1. 0 engine. Last month I took the trip to Jaco and Manuel Antonio with no issues. Roads are in decent shape for 95% of the journey. Yes there are steep inclines on the way to Manuel Antonio, just down shift and enjoy the climb!

Dgfd
11-24-12, 14:11
Will do, thanks, mate. How are the roads from SJ to the west coast (Jaco) and down to Manuel Antonio? I've heard I should get a 4 wheel drive. I'll be going Feb 24. March 10. Thanks for any replies, guys.No need for 4 wheel as long as you don't stray and do stupid stuff. If you are going to spend time Manuel Antonio, get an automatic because down shifting and double clutching going up stuck behind traffic gets very old after a few times. Only a few dollars more and well worth it.

Rockabilly77
01-05-13, 07:07
On a whim me and a buddy booked a trip to CR and are leaving in a few days.

I've never been to any part of latin America and therefore trying to read up as much as I can before my trip.

I've read the forum and still have some questions.

All the prices on the forum seem to be mostly qouted in USD, is this the currency of choice?

Should I be buying some USD and bringing it on the trip and using it to pay?

I would only have acsess to 100usd notes, so if USD is being use to pay should I expect to receive change in USD?

Or should I be paying strictly in colons?

From what I've read I will be getting qouted 100usd (50k) and should negoitate down to 60-80usd (30k-40K CRC). Sound right?

I'm staying in Jaco and from what I've read the Cocal is the place to go, is there any daytime place I should try and find or other night time spots?

Lastly, I have no spanish skills whatsoever, so I'm pretty concerned about how I will fair in a spanish speaking country. I'm trying to learn as many words as possible before I leave, any sugestions on must know words?

Any advice on anything that will make might trip enjoyable will be greatly apreciated.

Any good recomendations for a fishing guide and golf courses and any other activities that are must sees would be great.

Ill be sure to write review after my trip. Looking forward to some none asian mongering for a change!

Hioctane
01-08-13, 03:23
On a whim me and a buddy booked a trip to CR and are leaving in a few days.

I've never been to any part of latin America and therefore trying to read up as much as I can before my trip.

I've read the forum and still have some questions.

All the prices on the forum seem to be mostly qouted in USD, is this the currency of choice?

Should I be buying some USD and bringing it on the trip and using it to pay?

I would only have acsess to 100usd notes, so if USD is being use to pay should I expect to receive change in USD?

Or should I be paying strictly in colons?

From what I've read I will be getting qouted 100usd (50k) and should negoitate down to 60-80usd (30k-40K CRC). Sound right?

I'm staying in Jaco and from what I've read the Cocal is the place to go, is there any daytime place I should try and find or other night time spots?

Lastly, I have no spanish skills whatsoever, so I'm pretty concerned about how I will fair in a spanish speaking country. I'm trying to learn as many words as possible before I leave, any sugestions on must know words?

Any advice on anything that will make might trip enjoyable will be greatly apreciated.

Any good recomendations for a fishing guide and golf courses and any other activities that are must sees would be great.

Ill be sure to write review after my trip. Looking forward to some none asian mongering for a change!The girls usually quote in dollars (because so many gringos) but most places usually only accept colones. I normally use an ATM. If you go to the common mongering spots, you will find gringos that will be more than willing to wing with you. Also, a lot more girls speak English than in most countries.

Good luck and have fun!

Mulano
02-19-13, 22:57
Am I really screwed as far as chicas or do I still have a chance? I know Easter is that following Sunday and everybody celebrates Semana Santa that week but I heard they start Thursday. Am I truly screwed or do I have a chance? Del Rey said I was good but I don't know if they just trying to get my business. I hope not or I'ma be pissed at them and they might get cussed out. Somebody let me know something!

Mulano
02-19-13, 23:02
Let me know if I'm screwed! I'm going from March 25th-March 28th 2013 and Easter is that following Sunday I know. Will there be chicas around? Del Rey said yes but I don't know, they might just be trying to get some business. If so, they will get cussed out when I get there!

Mr Jetsetter
02-20-13, 08:13
Let me know if I'm screwed! I'm going from March 25th-March 28th 2013 and Easter is that following Sunday I know. Will there be chicas around? Del Rey said yes but I don't know, they might just be trying to get some business. If so, they will get cussed out when I get there!Don't worry about it. Things only start to get funky on Good Friday, March 29th. You should be fine.

Mulano
02-22-13, 00:38
Don't worry about it. Things only start to get funky on Good Friday, March 29th. You should be fine.I appreciate it! I called up the hotels to ask them but I didn't know if they were just telling me that to get my business! Lmfao.

Mulano
02-22-13, 00:41
Is it a bad idea to mess with street chicas? Also, I'm going alone, are the streets in Costa Rica dangerous? I'm going to be in the Morazan Hotel in San Jose near the Del Rey Hotel. How much are the excursions like fishing deepsea and touring the jungle?

Jonesie
02-22-13, 08:59
There is no (female) street scene in Costa Rica. It's all trannies. But after sleeping with the flees at the Morazon, the trannies may be the only ones that will take you.

Is it a bad idea to mess with street chicas? Also, I'm going alone, are the streets in Costa Rica dangerous? I'm going to be in the Morazan Hotel in San Jose near the Del Rey Hotel. How much are the excursions like fishing deepsea and touring the jungle?

Nitescape
02-25-13, 05:52
I have a friend who is staying in Colombia, and I was thinking of taking a trip down there, and stopping in CR. Please forgive ignorance on my part, as I have just started reading the forum here, but haven't found an answer yet. I have heard that this is a hotspot for escorts of all ages. Are the girls of different ages in different spots? What is the age of consent down there anyways? I'm paranoid by nature, and I'm having visions of seeing a hot young escort, and then all the sudden having the cops burst down the door and telling me she's a year younger than consent, and throwing me in a Costa Rican prison for the rest of my life.

The Dirty Pirate
02-25-13, 22:02
What is the age of consent down there anyways?18+ man. How is this even a question? Laws that apply to locals aren't going to matter when you get caught having sex with a minor as a foreigner, anywhere.

Nitescape
02-26-13, 04:23
18+ man. How is this even a question? Laws that apply to locals aren't going to matter when you get caught having sex with a minor as a foreigner, anywhere.What's with the attitude?

Hobbyist2
02-27-13, 01:15
Is it a bad idea to mess with street chicas? Also, I'm going alone, are the streets in Costa Rica dangerous? I'm going to be in the Morazan Hotel in San Jose near the Del Rey Hotel. How much are the excursions like fishing deepsea and touring the jungle?The fears of walking the streets in San Jose is over rated. Yes things happen, but they happen in most cities. I have been walking the streets here for many years. I walk from Del Rey to Tin Ho on Calle 11 and all over the gringo gulch at night. Including going to Rick's Sports bar on Calle 5 near Ave 11. I know of others here who do the same thing. Obviously you have to be aware of the elements around you. I have done this up until 10:00 pm. After that, I take a cab. I walked from Mona Lisa to the Del Rey area around 9:30 last night, then to Ave 5 near Calle 3 to catch the bus.

The cost of fishing generally depends on the size of the boat, $800. 00 and up, but better deals can be found.

The Dirty Pirate
02-27-13, 15:36
The fears of walking the streets in San Jose is over rated. Yes things happen, but they happen in most cities. I have been walking the streets here for many years. I walk from Del Rey to Tin Ho on Calle 11 and all over the gringo gulch at night. Including going to Rick's Sports bar on Calle 5 near Ave 11. I know of others here who do the same thing. Obviously you have to be aware of the elements around you. I have done this up until 10:00 pm. After that, I take a cab. I walked from Mona Lisa to the Del Rey area around 9:30 last night, then to Ave 5 near Calle 3 to catch the bus.

The cost of fishing generally depends on the size of the boat, $800. 00 and up, but better deals can be found.I always laugh at the people who preach no walking after dark. It gets dark in Costa Rica at like 6PM. If you're scared to be outside at that time, you might as well stay home.

Nitescape
02-28-13, 18:22
is there anyone who can tell / assure me how to avoid the **** prostitutes, and / or educate me?

for example, in doing my own research, i was reading about a 14 year old prostitute who has a 15 year old partner, and they have their own room and are doing this. often times, it's hard to tell how young or old a girl is. from a lot of the reading i've done so far, it doesn't seem as though people much care down there one way or the other, but i'm just trying to educate myself.

Jonesie
03-01-13, 07:23
the mainstream places in san jose take precautions to keep them out. i would 'generally' say costa rica is not a major place for this problem. i'm sure it happens, but as someone who lives here and is heavily involved in the scene, i don't see it nearly as much as other destinations.

you will see a few signs in english about sex with minors, but the glaring hypocrisy is all the pregnant 15 year olds running around, apparently, this law doesn't apply to the locals.

is there anyone who can tell / assure me how to avoid the **** prostitutes, and / or educate me?

for example, in doing my own research, i was reading about a 14 year old prostitute who has a 15 year old partner, and they have their own room and are doing this. often times, it's hard to tell how young or old a girl is. from a lot of the reading i've done so far, it doesn't seem as though people much care down there one way or the other, but i'm just trying to educate myself.

Nitescape
03-22-13, 05:46
The mainstream places in San Jose take precautions to keep them out. I would 'generally' say Costa Rica is not a major place for this problem. I'm sure it happens, but as someone who lives here and is heavily involved in the scene, I don't see it nearly as much as other destinations.

You will see a few signs in English about sex with minors, but the glaring hypocrisy is all the pregnant 15 year olds running around, apparently, this law doesn't apply to the locals.Thanks.

Surprised to hear your answer though, as from what I've heard / read, there is a LOT of talk about this being a huge deal there, with this supposedly being everywhere. I actually have hardly traveled anywhere outside the US, so I'm semi-paranoid about visiting a South American country. I'm paranoid in general tho.

LuvCopario42
05-14-13, 09:17
I am off to Costa Rica in a few weeks. I visited about two years ago and mistakenly stayed at the Presidente so no action there. I do not like the Del Rey because the rooms smell of awful cigarette smoke. Can anyone suggest a clean nice hotel to stay that's female friendly.

Thanks

Ac Danny
05-14-13, 21:58
I am off to Costa Rica in a few weeks. I visited about two years ago and mistakenly stayed at the Presidente so no action there. I do not like the Del Rey because the rooms smell of awful cigarette smoke. Can anyone suggest a clean nice hotel to stay that's female friendly.

ThanksHotel Mona Lisa or Hotel Little Hanana.

One Lucky Dogg
05-15-13, 17:11
Danny,

I suggest the Sportsman Lodge, The Amistad, The Mona Lisa, Hotel Little Havana or the Dunn in while in San Jose. None charge a chica fee. If you are in Jaco, I suggest the Cocal. Pm me and I can get you special rates with a guaranteed reservation.

Sid, aka The Bigg Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg Tours Travel & Transport

Bkgee
05-16-13, 04:08
Danny,

I suggest the Sportsman Lodge, The Amistad, The Mona Lisa, Hotel Little Havana or the Dunn in while in San Jose. None charge a chica fee. If you are in Jaco, I suggest the Cocal. Pm me and I can get you special rates with a guaranteed reservation.

Sid, aka The Bigg Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg Tours Travel & TransportDo they charge a fee at Cocal, never been to Jaco, only San Jose, but would like to try it out.

LuvCopario42
05-16-13, 05:15
Hotel Mona Lisa or Hotel Little Hanana.Thanks. Greatly appreciated

PineConeLiquor
05-16-13, 16:20

ThanksI stayed at Hotel Morazan, it is right next to Del Rey. There is no chica fee (unless you bring two at once). Its certainly nothing too special but the rooms are clean and comfortable, some are better than others, some have little decks, ask to see a variety of rooms before paying, thats what I did and I was able to choose my favorite. I think I paid around $65 per night there. The restaurant and bar on the second floor has good food and drinks, the staff is helpful and nice and the location and price were perfect. Some of the rooms do smell like smoke, like I said though, they should let you see a few rooms so pick a non smelly one.

One Lucky Dogg
05-16-13, 19:14
Do they charge a fee at Cocal, never been to Jaco, only San Jose, but would like to try it out.There is no chica fee at the Cocal. Take as many as you want to your room.

Chris Long
05-17-13, 06:03
There is no chica fee at the Cocal. Take as many as you want to your room.One Lucky Dog if your not staying at the Cocal can you still go there and pick up chicas from there and take them back to your hotel.

Thanks,

Chris

Dickhead
05-17-13, 06:14
Hotel Mona Lisa or Hotel Little Hanana.Definitely do NOT stay at Hotel Little Havana if you don't like cigarette smoke. Sportsman's Lodge has much better ventilation but HLH is very bad as far as cigarette smoke is concerned, in the bar.

One Lucky Dogg
05-17-13, 10:25
Definitely do NOT stay at Hotel Little Havana if you don't like cigarette smoke. Sportsman's Lodge has much better ventilation but HLH is very bad as far as cigarette smoke is concerned, in the bar.Not anymore D. H. There was a no smoking law passed over a year ago. Can't smoke inside the HLH or any other establishment for that matter. HLH is nice and has great deals. Sportsmen is great as well but hard to get a room. Amistad is running a great special and the Mona Lisa is a great place as well. All are in the Gringo Gulch area and within walking distance of each other.

Dickhead
05-18-13, 00:05
Hunh. Must have been just over a year ago because I was there in March 2012. But that's great!

Dickhead
05-18-13, 02:40
Indeed it was March 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Costa_Rica

Seems to have taken effect in October. Surprised I did not hear anyone talking about it at Sportsman's.

Bilko
05-19-13, 02:34
I get a few questions from newbies about where to find action at various beach resorts. If you have already made a reservation and can't cancel, ignore this advice. But the fact of the matter is that the beach towns, other than Jaco, provide slim to zero options. Costa Rica has a reputation as a sex tourism destination, and it is, but the 'action' is almost entirely in San Jose and Jaco. San Jose is cheaper and a lot more varied but it's not on the ocean. But a lot of guys seem to think that there are strip clubs in every resort village, and nothing could be further from the truth. There aren't even massage parlors in Jaco, so daytime 'action' is limited to whoever you can find hanging out in bars.

So if you're thinking about a vacation in some quiet resort town and having lots of p4p options, you can have one of the two, not both. (Jaco is not a quiet resort town)

One Lucky Dogg
05-19-13, 16:44
[QUOTE=Bilko; 1424120]I get a few questions from newbies about where to find action at various beach resorts. If you have already made a reservation and can't cancel, ignore this advice. But the fact of the matter is that the beach towns, other than Jaco, provide slim to zero options. Costa Rica has a reputation as a sex tourism destination, and it is, but the 'action' is almost entirely in San Jose and Jaco. San Jose is cheaper and a lot more varied but it's not on the ocean. But a lot of guys seem to think that there are strip clubs in every resort village, and nothing could be further from the truth. There aren't even massage parlors in Jaco, so daytime 'action' is limited to whoever you can find hanging out in bars.

So if you're thinking about a vacation in some quiet resort town and having lots of p4p options, you can have one of the two, not both. (Jaco is not a quiet resort town)

Very good advise Bilko. All is true about Jaco. However, there is another option, I am based out of San Jose, so the majority of my guys stay in San Jose. I am seeing more and more guys who are staying in San Jose but would like to go to Jaco for the day. This is why I make a couple of day trips to Jaco per week. We leave San Jose at around 2-3 pm and are at Jaco about 1. 5 hours later, provided we don't stop at the Tarcoles bridge to see those huge crocks. We head bat at 10. 10:30 pm and are back in San Jose before midnight. This way the guy can get out of the gulch for an afternoon / evening and still keep his room in San Jose. Works out well. This way you can have both, at least for 1 day. Pm me if anyone needs additional info. Thanks Bilko for your input.

Sid, aka the Bigg Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg Tours Travel & Transport

FreakyP
05-24-13, 07:32
Hey.

Travelling to Costa Rica at the beginning of June and wanted some advice.

I am very into skinny girls. With small breasts (all past girlfriends had bodies like this. It's what I'm used to!) I am worried I may run into some t-girls. Almost had some run-ins in Thailand.

Any advice, and do skinny flatchested girls exist in CR / SJ?

Thank ya!

One Lucky Dogg
05-24-13, 21:59
[QUOTE=FreakyP; 1426059]Any advice, and do skinny flatchested girls exist in CR / SJ?

Sure they do. Thousands of them here. Due to the Gringo influx, (KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Hooters, Chili's, ect) the average Tica is bigger than they were 10 years ago, when I first came down here. However, there are still so many more gorgeous women here in Ticalandia, than the grain fed ones in the states. You will find them everywhere you look. As far as the Trannies goes, they mainly keep to their own. You will only see them in San Jose, Barrio Amon area, downtown on the street corners and in the gay clubs. So they are not a problem with the general mongering crowd. They are no allowed in most of the clubs and establishment we frequent.

Happy Hunting.

O. L. D.

The Dirty Pirate
05-25-13, 04:00
Hey.

Travelling to Costa Rica at the beginning of June and wanted some advice.

I am very into skinny girls. With small breasts (all past girlfriends had bodies like this. It's what I'm used to!) I am worried I may run into some t-girls. Almost had some run-ins in Thailand.

Any advice, and do skinny flatchested girls exist in CR / SJ?

Thank ya!You should be able to find some and not have any issues with t-girls.

Firebird
05-25-13, 10:50
[QUOTE=FreakyP; 1426059]Any advice, and do skinny flatchested girls exist in CR / SJ?

Sure they do. Thousands of them here. Due to the Gringo influx, (KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Hooters, Chili's, ect) the average Tica is bigger than they were 10 years ago, when I first came down here. However, there are still so many more gorgeous women here in Ticalandia, than the grain fed ones in the states. You will find them everywhere you look. As far as the Trannies goes, they mainly keep to their own. You will only see them in San Jose, Barrio Amon area, downtown on the street corners and in the gay clubs. So they are not a problem with the general mongering crowd. They are no allowed in most of the clubs and establishment we frequent.

Happy Hunting.

O. L. D.Excellent News about skinny girls. I too am used to the asian slim build. Nice legs. Not too large ass and chest.

The third and six photo look absolutely wonderful.

Stay safe.

BogieMaker
05-27-13, 07:30
I am tentatively planning a trip to Costa Rica in September and was wondering if anyone has done the Turtle Island tour. I am mostly interested in the opportunity for some snorkeling and this as about the only tour I have seen that at least offers snorkeling. I realize that Costa Rica is not a destination for snorkeling and that September is not the best of times for that activity due to the rain and runoff but I don't want to spend all my time in San Jose.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

One Lucky Dogg
05-28-13, 01:58
Bogiemaker, are you kidding? Costa Rica has some wonderful snorkeling and you can't go wrong with this tour. I went myself when I first can down here 10 years ago and have had many clients go on this trip since. It is a great way to spend the day with your favorita. Your ride on the Calypso is something else. There's a bar and jaccuzi on the boat and chicas in bikini's. Buns, Boobs and Booze, what much more could any guy want? Out of this world views on the way to the island. When you anchor on the island, you will see why I say the beaches are probably the prettiest C. R. The snorkeling is spectacular, and the lunch is great. Beach volleyball and paddle boats. Man o man. Wish I was there. Can't go wrong on this trip. I've included a few photos for you. Pm if I can assist you with this trip or any others in C. R. We do more than just mongering tours.

I am tentatively planning a trip to Costa Rica in September and was wondering if anyone has done the Turtle Island tour. I am mostly interested in the opportunity for some snorkeling and this as about the only tour I have seen that at least offers snorkeling. I realize that Costa Rica is not a destination for snorkeling and that September is not the best of times for that activity due to the rain and runoff but I don't want to spend all my time in San Jose.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

BogieMaker
05-29-13, 00:35
Bogiemaker, are you kidding? Costa Rica has some wonderful snorkeling and you can't go wrong with this tour. I went myself when I first can down here 10 years ago and have had many clients go on this trip since. It is a great way to spend the day with your favorita. Your ride on the Calypso is something else. There's a bar and jaccuzi on the boat and chicas in bikini's. Buns, Boobs and Booze, what much more could any guy want? Out of this world views on the way to the island. When you anchor on the island, you will see why I say the beaches are probably the prettiest C. R. The snorkeling is spectacular, and the lunch is great. Beach volleyball and paddle boats. Man o man. Wish I was there. Can't go wrong on this trip. I've included a few photos for you. Pm if I can assist you with this trip or any others in C. R. We do more than just mongering tours.Thanks for the response. It is good to hear from somebody who has been there. I have read about four pages of reviews on Trip Advisor and it seems people either had a great time or hated parts of the trip. It is good to know you need money for the restrooms and beach chairs. Looks like the snorkeling is hit and miss with the red tide being the problem. Even though a little more expensive the Calypso tour had the best reviews.

I assume there is no problem leaving from any of the hotels in San Jose. Last time I was in Costa Rica I did the coffee plantation / Poas / Paz tour and had a great time.

I am still in the planning stages of this trip but the snorkeling in the Dominican Republic (Sosua Bay) was a fun diversion and I like to play tourist at leas part of the trip.

One Lucky Dogg
05-29-13, 01:02
Bogiemaker. Here's the rates and info.

ISLA TORTUGA NET RATES:

Adults: $114.

Students (7-17 years) : $104.

Children (1-6 years) : $75.

Locals C. R. Citiiiiiizens $114.

ITINERARY:

Your day starts with an early morning pick up at

Air-conditioned bus ride to the Pacific port of Puntarenas.

Arrive to Casa Calypso in Puntarenas.

Typical Costa Rican breakfast. at8:30am.

Departure from Calypso's Dock in Puntarenas around 9:00am.

Board the 70 foot catamaran Manta Raya for a cruise across the Gulf of Nicoya.

Fresh fruit, coffee, soft drinks and juice. Courtesy. Full bar available.

Arrive to Tortuga Island aprox. 10:15 am.

Free Time and chance to enjoy the activities on the island (5 HOURS)

NEW: Snorkeling Excursion and Banana Boat. FREE.

Optional activities (not included) : Kayaks, pedal boats, hiking and also:

DIVING at Tortuga Island (requires pre-reservation)

Ceviche appetizer – local delight and contest winner Gourmet dining – BBQ.

Salad Bar, Gourmet Lunch (Calypso's Fine Dinning experience) Men? Calypso Dessert and coffee.

Return to Puntarenas in afternoon by a different route for.

Sightseeing around the islands –bird watching. A real island cruise.

Puntarenas Dock arrivalat5:30pm.

Board bus back to the hotels and return approx. 7 – 7:30 pm

Mack Dad
08-27-13, 02:44
Do yourself a favor when you arrive in SJO airport. Go out and go upstairs to the departure hall. The BAC has the best rate upstairs then the rip off artists of downstairs. 430 downstairs and 495 upstairs. Over 15% to go upstairs and change out your money.

One Lucky Dogg
08-27-13, 02:58
Do yourself a favor when you arrive in SJO airport. Go out and go upstairs to the departure hall. The BAC has the best rate upstairs then the rip off artists of downstairs. 430 downstairs and 495 upstairs. Over 15% to go upstairs and change out your money.Good advise Mack Dad. It's the same advise I put in my emails when I am exchanging them with guys coming down here. Currently BAC is 493 and hasn't moved hardly at all in months. I also suggest, that if you are going to be getting supplies, that we exchange money at Walmart, right there by the airport. It's fast, no line no waiting usually, same rate 493 and they don't ask you a bunch of stupid questions like BAC does when you exchange money. They want to know, how long you are going to be here? When you are staying? Bla, bla, bla. Walmart is easy greasy. If you do go upstairs and exchange money, Tell them you are staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Aurora Holiday Inn. No monger would ever dare to stay there.

Bkgee
08-27-13, 21:54
Good advise Mack Dad. It's the same advise I put in my emails when I am exchanging them with guys coming down here. Currently BAC is 493 and hasn't moved hardly at all in months. I also suggest, that if you are going to be getting supplies, that we exchange money at Walmart, right there by the airport. It's fast, no line no waiting usually, same rate 493 and they don't ask you a bunch of stupid questions like BAC does when you exchange money. They want to know, how long you are going to be here? When you are staying? Bla, bla, bla. Walmart is easy greasy. If you do go upstairs and exchange money, Tell them you are staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Aurora Holiday Inn. No monger would ever dare to stay there.Is that Walmart 24hrs? Coming in on a night flight, and would like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Change money and pick up some supplies.

One Lucky Dogg
08-28-13, 02:22
Is that Walmart 24hrs? Coming in on a night flight, and would like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Change money and pick up some supplies.Walmart is open until 10 pm but their Servimas desk closes at 8 pm People ask me all the time, how much money should they change. I tell them just enough for cabs and buses. Everyone else, even the ladies take dollars.

Streetlooker
08-28-13, 07:45
Is that Walmart 24hrs? Coming in on a night flight, and would like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Change money and pick up some supplies.Can gringos work at that Walmart? Welcome to Walmart see I can do that job. And I get to live in CR, perfect

One Lucky Dogg
08-28-13, 10:09
Can gringos work at that Walmart? Welcome to Walmart see I can do that job. And I get to live in CR, perfectThe short answer is no. Gringo's can not move here and work. Oh, and Walmart here does not have door greeters, so I guess it's out of the question.

The Dirty Pirate
08-28-13, 13:08
People ask me all the time, how much money should they change. I tell them just enough for cabs and buses. Everyone else, even the ladies take dollars.That's pretty bad advice in my opinion. Chicas will have no problem taking your dollars and you're not going to require change, however nearly everyone will stiff you on your change outside of corporate / chain places. Exchange what you need for the night or the day and get to a bank in San Jose to get your colones. This way you won't run into any issues, a lot of places also don't like to take anything but 20 bills. Even Mas x Menos has turned me down on 5's and 10's if they don't like the quality of the bill. I personally just do ATM withdraws in colones, the fees are pretty minimal at Banco de Costa Rica and Banco Nacional. Scotia Bank, BAC and any of the ATH brand machines tend to charge me higher fees.

One Lucky Dogg
08-29-13, 15:07
As most of you know, carrying you passport around is not recommended in Costa Rica. It is better to have it put away safely in your safe box of let the hotel keep it. Make 2-3 copies of the main page of your passport before you leave and bring them with you. When you check in, have the hotel make a copy of your entry page. This way, if the immigration police of a regular police stops you on the street, you can show them proof. They won't like the fact that you do not have your real passport but just explain to them that because of theft, people recommend not carrying the passport. As long as you are polite and courteous, you should not have any problems.

O. L. D.

The Dirty Pirate
08-29-13, 15:14
Scotia Bank, BAC and any of the ATH brand machines tend to charge me higher fees.If you have bofa, socita does not charge you fees because bofa is a sister bank to socitaNot true as of like 2009.

Grandnash84
08-30-13, 00:05
Not true as of like 2009.I've been to the dr 8 times in the last two years and was never charged atm fees by socita, and was told by bof in 2011 that no fees would be assed if I used the atm, might be different in cr though.

The Dirty Pirate
08-30-13, 15:14
I've been to the dr 8 times in the last two years and was never charged atm fees by socita, and was told by bof in 2011 that no fees would be assed if I used the atm, might be different in cr thoughYeah Costa Rica was removed from the ATM alliance or whatever that union is.

One Lucky Dogg
09-10-13, 14:16
In my opinion, some will argue but I live here and have for 7 years, the best place to exchange dollars foe colones is, Walmart in Alajuela, by the airport. 497 colones to the dollar, no line, no waiting and they don't ask you where you are staying. Ask your driver to take you by there when you land at SJO.

O. L. D.

Qncterra
09-12-13, 05:42
I should have posted this a month ago, but am doing it now. The last couple of times that I was in CR, I had to buy a new SIM card at the airport because they said that the old one had expired. Both were from ICE kolbi and neither worked. In March, I had to make three trips to the local store, and continued to have intermittent problems. When I returned in July, I was suckered again. Before leaving the airport, I told the Kolbi agent that the phone was still showing "emergency only" She said, you just have to turn it off a couple of times for it to recognize and connect. Well, since I had someone waiting outside to pick me up, I left. Enroute to the hotel, I turned it off a couple of times and NADA. I felt like an idiot when I went to the Kolbi store near Balmoral, where I had gone in March. The guy says,"your SIM card is bad and you have to buy another." I said I just bought this at the airport and that's the same thing that happened in March. He says, I sorry, but you have to go back to where you bought it, or buy one from here. I said, you are the same company?

Well, after he said it would be $5, I told him that I was not going to buy another bad "chiip' and I was going to Claro across the street, where News Cafe used to be. Claro checked it and said that the "chip" was bad and $5 would fix it. He checks it further and says Kolbi has blocked us out of your phone, maybe try Moviestar at the entrance to Hotel Balmoral.

Moviestar charged about $5. 5o for a little more time, but not only did their SIM card work like a charm, when I got back to USA, the roaming activated and I was surprised when it rang a my friend in CR was on the line. Not sure how much the roaming charges are, but at least the time didn't expire. I called there a couple of times just by dialing the 506 area code and eight digit number.

Don't get ripped off by Kolbi at the airport, because no one will pay $25 taxi fare to replace a $5 SIM card.

Qncterra
09-12-13, 05:56
As you know, they have a carry on baggage check as you the board the plane to leave. The strange thing is she took all of my spare AA and AAA Duracell alkaline batteries for my camera and music player and said that they were not allowed. I was really p*the because those things aren't cheap, but went along with the program. I kept thinking about it and emailed the airline. They said that the batteries were fine, forwarding complaint to some senior TSA guy in Liberia, who says that they are following up with Security in San Jose.

I guess that someone needed some batteries at home. The same thing happened a few years ago, with Gillette disposable shavers. They took my shaver and all of the extra blades. Back in Florida, I learned that the were authorized, but I didn't complain then. So if it happens again, I'll say,"Por favor, tengo un Jefe aqui?

Dgfd
09-12-13, 08:50
[QUOTE=Qncterra; 1471124]I should have posted this a month ago, but am doing it now. The last couple of times that I was in CR, I had to buy a new SIM card at the airport because they said that the old one had expired. Both were from ICE kolbi and neither worked. In March, I had to make three trips to the local store, and continued to have intermittent problems. When I returned in July, I was suckered again. Before leaving the airport, I told the Kolbi agent that the phone was still showing "emergency only" She said, you just have to turn it off a couple of times for it to recognize and connect. Well, since I had someone waiting outside to pick me up, I left. Enroute to the hotel, I turned it off a couple of times and NADA. I felt like an idiot when I went to the Kolbi store near Balmoral, where I had gone in March. The guy says,"your SIM card is bad and you have to buy another." I said I just bought this at the airport and that's the same thing that happened in March. He says, I sorry, but you have to go back to where you bought it, or buy one from here. I said, you are the same company?

Well, after he said it would be $5, I told him that I was not going to buy another bad "chiip' and I was going to Claro across the street, where News Cafe used to be. Claro checked it and said that the "chip" was bad and $5 would fix it. He checks it further and says Kolbi has blocked us out of your phone, maybe try Moviestar at the entrance to Hotel Balmoral...QUOTE]At least with Kolbi you have to recharge within 120 days regardless of your balance or your number and any balance gets fried. You can have somebody in country do it for you for as little as a quarter, or online from home via Masterpago. Com with a minimum of 2 dollars.

One Lucky Dogg
09-12-13, 13:20
[QUOTE=Don't get ripped off by Kolbi at the airport, because no one will pay $25 taxi fare to replace a $5 SIM card.[/QUOTE]Quite true. Here's what I do for a lot of my guys. If you are going to be coming to Costa Rica more than 2 times a year, let some one put a $1 worth of time on your card every 3 months. This will keep it activated. If you are coming in every year, you just as well get a new sim card and not a Kolbi one. Go with Claro or Movistar. Much better and the internet is only. 60 cents a day. I always have Free cell phone for my clients to borrow and sim cards on hand, so they don't have to waste time at the Kolbi booth in the airport. Phone service in Costa Rica is cheap and good. $5 can last you a week. And international calls are only. 07 cents a minute with Movistar and Claro.

I hope this helps.

O. L. D.

Vatore007
12-29-13, 03:44
Hey guys,

Haven't been to CR in about 6 years, so I'm sure things have changed. Please help:

1. The best monger-friendly hotel in San Jose?

2. The best monger-friendly hotel in Jaco?

3. What are the girls charging in SJ and Jaco?

4. Where are the 10's? In SJ? In Jaco?

5. Is Hotel Cocal any good? How much are the girls there?

Please PM with info. Much appreciated!

SkyMan012
01-27-14, 06:53
Hello all,

I'm heading to Costa Rica for first time and I'm staying in Guanacaste. Any possibilities for a friendly chica in this area? What are best options if any?

Thanks and stay safe,

Skyman

Dgfd
01-28-14, 14:08
Guanacaste is one of the seven provinces of CR, app 4,000 sq miles but sparsely populated at app 300,000 people. Other then Liberia, where you maybe landing, it is mainly a series of small beach towns and huge cattle ranches and now alot of tree farms all the way down to Puntarenas, the next province. The possibility of hooking up with a working girl that's worth it? 75-1. A little action in Tamarindo and Flamingo, but all in all not worth it. You'd have better odds with a gringa tourist or euro surfer girl, a gazillion of them running around if you are into the Euro trash scene and can speak German or French, though alot of them speak pretty fair english.

If you could narrow your area, that would be helpful next time, but it is a beautiful part of CR, very, very hot and dry thru April, foilage turning brown, drought in several areas, water rationing in one beach town, gorgeous beaches, magnificent resorts in the middle of nowhere which is probably where you'll be.

Hello all,

I'm heading to Costa Rica for first time and I'm staying in Guanacaste. Any possibilities for a friendly chica in this area? What are best options if any?

Thanks and stay safe,

Skyman

The Dirty Pirate
01-28-14, 19:31
Guanacaste is one of the seven provinces of CR, app 4, 000 sq miles but sparsely populated at app 300, 000 people. Other then Liberia, where you maybe landing, it is mainly a series of small beach towns and huge cattle ranches and now alot of tree farms all the way down to Puntarenas, the next province. The possibility of hooking up with a working girl that's worth it? 75-1. A little action in Tamarindo and Flamingo, but all in all not worth it. You'd have better odds with a gringa tourist or euro surfer girl, a gazillion of them running around if you are into the Euro trash scene and can speak German or French, though alot of them speak pretty fair english.

If you could narrow your area, that would be helpful next time, but it is a beautiful part of CR, very, very hot and dry thru April, foilage turning brown, drought in several areas, water rationing in one beach town, gorgeous beaches, magnificent resorts in the middle of nowhere which is probably where you'll be.Last time I went to the beach with my neighbor he shagged some Polish chick on vacation, so I guess anything is possible?

SkyMan012
01-29-14, 05:36
Sorry should have been more descriptive but you hit it the nail on the head. Actually staying at the Hotel Riu in Carillo. Seems like a stretch to find anything worth while.

Guanacaste is one of the seven provinces of CR, app 4, 000 sq miles but sparsely populated at app 300, 000 people. Other then Liberia, where you maybe landing, it is mainly a series of small beach towns and huge cattle ranches and now alot of tree farms all the way down to Puntarenas, the next province. The possibility of hooking up with a working girl that's worth it? 75-1. A little action in Tamarindo and Flamingo, but all in all not worth it. You'd have better odds with a gringa tourist or euro surfer girl, a gazillion of them running around if you are into the Euro trash scene and can speak German or French, though alot of them speak pretty fair english.

If you could narrow your area, that would be helpful next time, but it is a beautiful part of CR, very, very hot and dry thru April, foilage turning brown, drought in several areas, water rationing in one beach town, gorgeous beaches, magnificent resorts in the middle of nowhere which is probably where you'll be.

Dgfd
01-29-14, 17:37
You can get to Playa Coco from there with either their shuttle or a cab-10-15 miles? I forgot but that's the closest for any maybe a little action. Popular beach town for ticos, lots of bars. Talk to the cabbie.

The Dirty Pirate
01-29-14, 19:15
Sorry should have been more descriptive but you hit it the nail on the head. Actually staying at the Hotel Riu in Carillo. Seems like a stretch to find anything worth while.Carillo is super nice at least but you won't find any action there for sure.

LuvBlkWomen
05-27-14, 00:48
Would like to plan a trip to CR, 50% mongering 50% diving. Any recommendations on best location to partake in both activities. This would be my 1st trip to CR.

The Dirty Pirate
05-27-14, 01:40
Would like to plan a trip to CR, 50% mongering 50% diving. Any recommendations on best location to partake in both activities. This would be my 1st trip to CR.You're going to want to change your plans to the DR. You won't find the two in 1 location in Costa Rica.

MacMn92
06-18-14, 03:26
Hey guys,

Have read alot on the forums before but I had my own question regarding new years time. It Will be my first time there, I usually go to El salvador. I'm planning to get to San Jose the 29th and leave the 2nd to el salvador. I was wondering if hotels are packed during this time and if I'd be better off reserving early. I have heard walking up is cheaper. I have heard of the del rey as a good party spot, is it worth it? Or should I stay somewhere cheaper?

NastyBoy
06-19-14, 03:23
Hey guys,

Have read alot on the forums before but I had my own question regarding new years time. It Will be my first time there, I usually go to El salvador. I'm planning to get to San Jose the 29th and leave the 2nd to el salvador. I was wondering if hotels are packed during this time and if I'd be better off reserving early. I have heard walking up is cheaper. I have heard of the del rey as a good party spot, is it worth it? Or should I stay somewhere cheaper?January is the heart of the tourist season. I imagine all the good hotels will be booked. You probably won't find a good room if you just show up. I would say it depends on what your needs are. If you only need a bed to sleep on, you might get lucky. But if you like the comforts, your best bet would be to reserve in advance. Just my opinion.

Arjay
08-31-14, 09:43
Warning to all on Thomas McDevitt from Jupiter Florida. This guy is bad news. He trashed my apt. In Medellin. Beware! Don't rent to him or trust him! He is a drug addict.

Snoopy810
09-01-14, 01:59
Apart form San Jose and Jaco, what other cites is is there to go to for mongering?

One Lucky Dogg
09-02-14, 16:55
Apart form San Jose and Jaco, what other cites is is there to go to for mongering?The short answer is no. Nothing major. A lot of cities has it's shares of clubs / pubs / pensions like Alejuela and Cartago but nothing major.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.

Monger330
09-02-14, 22:35
How do you guys communicate back in the states?

I could not use my cell when I was there.

One Lucky Dogg
09-02-14, 23:12
How do you guys communicate back in the states? Could not use my cell when I was there.There are several ways to communicate. If your phone is unlock.

1. get you a Kolbi, Movistar or Claro Sim card and call back to the states for around. 07 cents a minute. Must be a gsm unlocked phone like on AT&T or T Mobile. All of my guys I give a phone to use for FREE, if they do not have one.

2. If you have a smart phone, put Skype or Magic Jaco on it and talk away when you have a wi-fi signal. I have Skype.

3. Viber. Lot's of guys use viber, again it's free.

4. The hottest app now a days is What's App. It's Free for the first year. Great app and my favorite.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.

Dickhead
09-03-14, 05:28
How do you guys communicate back in the states? Could not use my cell when I was there.Or you can call the US from an internet cafe for 50 colones (10 cents) per minute. Simple, yet effective. I had some cheap ass burner cell phone I bought in Panama for $18.18 (an easy number to remember) and then when I got to Costa Rica I bought a CR chip for I dunno three bucks and then calling the US became sort of a mystery because there were many different rates at different times of the day and so forth. But it wasn't that expensive.

I have always found, in Latin America, it is good to have a cellphone that is somewhat expensive to use, so that you can use that as an excuse not to have long, pointless conversations with chicas who have an "unlimited introductory talk and text plan" or similar shit. Or, in the finest Latin American tradition, you can just lie about it costing you a bunch of money whereas you actually have an unlimited plan but are sick of talking to the particular chica.

I'm going to say calling the US on the burner phone was about 15 cents a minute. So call, tell them to check their e-mail and etc. Computer time in CR is about 75 cents an hour in public locations. Could be found as cheap as 60 cents an hour but that place will be on the third floor and stuffy and groaty.

Snoopy810
09-04-14, 22:45
What hotels do you recommend to be close to the action that are chica friendly.

One Lucky Dogg
09-07-14, 14:54
What hotels do you recommend to be close to the action that are chica friendly.Most everyone on this board knows about the Del Rey. However, I have few of my clients that stay there. No doubt they have the largest selection of Chica's in San Jose for the partaking but due to their $11 chica fee, high drink / food prices and loudness of the hotel itself, most guys stay at other places. They all go to the Del Rey from time to time and p4 p but they bring them back to their room. Here is where most of my guys stay. (in Alphabetical order) Castillo, La Amistad, Mona Lisa, Scores, Sportsmen Lodge and Zona II.

All are chica friendly and do not charge a chica fee.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg
09-07-14, 14:58
I know that many of you hate using spirit. Myself include. However, this may be too good of a deal to pass up.

$215 RT Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose, Costa Rica. Airline Spirit Airlines Seats: Seats are not available on all flights or all dates of travel. You may need to have flexible travel dates to find this fare. Fares for travel on holidays may be higher. Adv. Purchase:16 Days Available: Mon-Tue Travel Starting: Tuesday, 23 September 2014 More Details: Found on Spirit.com Confirmed! Found using flexible dates.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.

Nixonbd
09-17-14, 22:47
I know that many of you hate using spirit. Myself include. However, this may be too good of a deal to pass up.

$215 RT Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose, Costa Rica. Airline Spirit Airlines Seats: Seats are not available on all flights or all dates of travel. You may need to have flexible travel dates to find this fare. Fares for travel on holidays may be higher. Adv. Purchase:16 Days Available: Mon-Tue Travel Starting: Tuesday, 23 September 2014 More Details: Found on Spirit.com Confirmed! Found using flexible dates.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.My wingman flew Spirit out of the mid-Atlantic last year; total nightmare. Issues with getting out of FTL on time, add ons made his flight more than my AA flight. One other note; Spitit has very few flights and seats, if you get stuck, it may be a while before you get out. I got their card when they first took off, now I won't even consider them.

Nixonbd
09-17-14, 22:52
How do you guys communicate back in the states?

I could not use my cell when I was there.I hear Majic Jack is a good option; I understand you can get a local number for your area if you pay a little more. Good option if you're calling the wife while you're in SJO playing; though I wouldn't recommend that at all.

AssMan12
09-22-14, 07:19
Just wanted to give a shout out to Sid and his One Lucky Dog team.

I engaged with Sid for my first trip to CR and he did not disappoint. Picked me up on-time and guided me on a tour of the gulch with lots of good advice PRIOR to the trip and the day I arrived. Invaluable resource. Sid also helped set me up on a full-day tour of the Irazu volcano, Orosi Valley and Lankester Gardens. I highly recommend getting out of the city and seeing the countryside.

As for Sid he is a wealth of knowledge about CR and the gulch. From where to get the best cup of java to how to visit the MPs and HDR for a newbie. There are some places that offer free shuttles, but Sid offers free advice and from what I learned he was pretty spot on with his input. Thanks Sid for making my first trip in SJO a fantastic one.

Assman12 out.

One Lucky Dogg
09-22-14, 16:16
Thanks Sid for making my first trip in SJO a fantastic one. Assman12 out.It's always a pleasure serving guys coming down, especially first timers. You are one of the great ones. I might have been wrong, I had you pegged as a tits guy. Go Noles my friend.

Sincerely,

Sid.

On your trip to Costa Rica, do it "Doggy Style".

O. L. The. One Lucky Dogg Tours & Travel.

http://oneluckydogg.com

info@oneluckydogg.com

850-390-4808 USA.

011+506-7048-3760 see. Are.

LatinaLover#1
10-02-14, 02:50
I have a Tim sim card from Brasil and A Claro sim card from my trips to Peru. Will either of them work in Costa Rica? Hope I can just charge it but the number will be from Rio and Lima so I guess I'll have to get a new one. The last time I was in C.R. ICE was the only game in town.

One Lucky Dogg
10-02-14, 15:16
I have a Tim sim card from Brasil and A Claro sim card from my trips to Peru. Will either of them work in Costa Rica? Hope I can just charge it but the number will be from Rio and Lima so I guess I'll have to get a new one. The last time I was in C.R. ICE was the only game in town.L. L. Short answer is, your Sim card from Brazil and Peru will not work in Costa Rica and unless you want to pay roaming charges. You can get an Kolbi sim card at the airport at the kiosk downstairs next to the baggage claim area. Ice on monopoly was deregulated years ago. We now have several different phone companies to choose from including Claro and Movistar.

OLD One Lucky Dogg.

Dgfd
10-04-14, 12:38
I hear Majic Jack is a good option; I understand you can get a local number for your area if you pay a little more. Good option if you're calling the wife while you're in SJO playing; though I wouldn't recommend that at all.Great option. Calls from CR to US are free. Oddly, local calls within CR come out of your int'l bucket. As do calls from US to CR of course. Roughly $10 for 220 minutes I think. US calls within / from US are free. I did not pay more for my area code when I bought, maybe 3 years, not sure now. It is more for a vanity #. Very good voice quality. One problem is very, very often on calls from US to outlying CR areas, you will not get thru. Generally very good to SJ area and larger towns. If you are going to be making alot of local calls in CR, get a CR sim for your unlocked cell phone.

Bkgee
10-04-14, 23:32
Great option. Calls from CR to US are free. Oddly, local calls within CR come out of your int'l bucket. As do calls from US to CR of course. Roughly $10 for 220 minutes I think. US calls within / from US are free. I did not pay more for my area code when I bought, maybe 3 years, not sure now. It is more for a vanity #. Very good voice quality. One problem is very, very often on calls from US to outlying CR areas, you will not get thru. Generally very good to SJ area and larger towns. If you are going to be making alot of local calls in CR, get a CR sim for your unlocked cell phone.I have the App on my android phone now, and works very well depending on the WIFI signal. Fellas this is a great thing.

To have when going away to another country.

Ilgi2004
12-14-14, 04:13
It's always a pleasure serving guys coming down, especially first timers. You are one of the great ones. I might have been wrong, I had you pegged as a tits guy. Go Noles my friend.

Sincerely,

Sid.

On your trip to Costa Rica, do it "Doggy Style".

O. L. The. One Lucky Dogg Tours & Travel.

http://oneluckydogg.com

info@oneluckydogg.com

850-390-4808 USA.

011+506-7048-3760 see. Are.Sid,

Will be coming down in the next couple of weeks for about a week of rest and relaxation. Hoping we can hook up, and that you can show me the ropes, this will indeed be my 1st venture down to Costa Rica myself. I'm looking forward to personally experiencing some of all this excitement I keep hearing about.

ILGI2004

Jay Balanty
01-13-15, 15:09
Hey guys,

I am planing a trip in early March. Not sure which hotel I am staying at, but a big deal to me is being able to smoke cigars. Is there any hotel better or worse for this?

A side question is walking from Sportsman Lodge or Hotel La Amistad to Del Ray safe? Should I get a taxi?

Thanks for the insight.

Jay Balanty
01-13-15, 17:27
Hey guys,

I am planing a trip in early March. Not sure which hotel I am staying at, but a big deal to me is being able to smoke cigars. Is there any hotel better or worse for this?

A side question is walking from Sportsman Lodge or Hotel La Amistad to Del Ray safe? Should I get a taxi?

Thanks for the insight.I have gotten an answer about the walking distance between hotels. And I found an answer to the smoking laws. I am having second thoughts of a trip. I only have 1 or 2 vacations a year and I really like to smoke cigars during those times. Maybe back to the DR for me.

Dickhead
01-13-15, 18:02
Hey guys,

Thanks for the insight.You can't smoke in the public areas of any of the hotels. I would walk from Sportsman's to Del Rey (not Ray) up until about 9 PM or so, and then I would not. The main issue is the park. You could go around it by walking to New Fantasy and then coming down say Calle 3 and left on Avenida 1 or better yet Avenida Central, but that makes for a pretty long stroll.

Having said that, I walk it any time; I just would not advise others to do so. I don't have much to lose at this point.

One Lucky Dogg
01-13-15, 18:11
Hey guys,

Thanks for the insight.I am assuming that you are staying in San Jose and not Jaco. There is only a couple of hotels in San Jose to smoke cigars. Jaco, there are a few. Costa Rica passed a strict Non smoking ordinance about 2 years ago, prohibiting smoking in public places. Even Matt at the La Amistad got busted for letting his patrons smoke on the front patio area. You can however smoke in Bruces Little Havana Cigar shop. It's in the Zona II. At the Zona II, you can smoke on the Balcony (Billy's G's suite). Reg. Price $140 per night, O. L. the. Price $80.

It is totally safe to walk around in the Gringo Gulch during the daytime. I would not recommend it at night if you are a newbie and by yourself. Take a taxi and be safe.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Lopkx
01-13-15, 20:03
Hey guys,

Thanks for the insight.At night I would take a taxi, cheap. Better safe than sorry.

Nixonbd
01-14-15, 23:12
Hey guys,

Thanks for the insight.I'm pretty sure you could smoke a stoggie on the 6th floor of the HDR, if you get one of the balcony rooms. It comes with the cost; I think those rooms go in the $120/ night range.

Lou32
01-17-15, 19:35
Seems like a short hop between Costa Rica and Colombia would have plenty of cheap airline options but I can't find any for less than $500.

I'd appreciate any guidance towards a low-cost, regional carrier that may allow me to buy a round trip ticket for $400 or less. Thanks.

One Lucky Dogg
01-17-15, 19:51
Seems like a short hop between Costa Rica and Colombia would have plenty of cheap airline options but I can't find any for less than $500.

I'd appreciate any guidance towards a low-cost, regional carrier that may allow me to buy a round trip ticket for $400 or less. Thanks.Try Copaair.com and lacsa.com. Both will get you to Colombia. Be careful, I think if you fly from Colombia back to Costa Rica, you are required to have vaccination shots for Malaria. I don't know about entering from Panama. Somebody else could chime in with more knowledge. Here is San Jose's airport's website on departures and arrivals. http://fly2sanjose.com/front/pt9.php.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Mongo69
01-18-15, 01:47
Okay, finally booked my flights! Booked night one (2/8) at Dunn Inn in SJ, and planning on staying at Jaco Beach 2/9 and 2/10 (Monday&Tuesday nights) before I head up to Tamarindo. Looking for something clean and near the beach for under $100. All I can find is Morgan's and Poseidon but a lot of reviews say they are crummy. I figure for a Monday and Tuesday it shouldn't be too hard to find someplace. Any help much appreciated. Oh and old you are a saint for helping all us guys out!

M69

One Lucky Dogg
01-18-15, 04:37
Okay, finally booked my flights! Booked night one (2/8) at Dunn Inn in SJ, and planning on staying at Jaco Beach 2/9 and 2/10 (Monday&Tuesday nights) before I head up to Tamarindo. Looking for something clean and near the beach for under $100. All I can find is Morgan's and Poseidon but a lot of reviews say they are crummy. I figure for a Monday and Tuesday it shouldn't be too hard to find someplace. Any help much appreciated. Oh and old you are a saint for helping all us guys out!

M69I always say. " if you don't know the country, you better know your tour guide or have a go to guide. " Lot of guys think that in the internet age, they can figure it out on their own. Nope, doesn't always happen that way. Poseidon yes, Morgan's no, short answer.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg Tours & Travel.

Mongo69
01-18-15, 21:00
Why "Yes" to Poseidon and "No" to Morgans?

I always say. " if you don't know the country, you better know your tour guide or have a go to guide. " Lot of guys think that in the internet age, they can figure it out on their own. Nope, doesn't always happen that way. Poseidon yes, Morgan's no, short answer.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg Tours & Travel.

One Lucky Dogg
01-19-15, 04:32
Why yes to Poseidon and no to Morgan's?Poseidon is right in the heart of the city. 2 blocks from the Cocal. Better food in their restaurant and sports bar upstairs. M. see. Is on the outside of the city. Not much going on there. Just my opinion.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Mongo69
01-19-15, 05:49
I hear ya Dogg, I don't mind the distance, can always bring a chica back in a taxi. I'm just really hoping for clean and quiet (I'm a light sleeper), but clean above all else.

Poseidon is right in the heart of the city. 2 blocks from the Cocal. Better food in their restaurant and sports bar upstairs. M. see. Is on the outside of the city. Not much going on there. Just my opinion.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Mongo69
02-03-15, 18:52
OK fellas, what to do here? Arriving at 9 pm on Saturday. Want to take a bus around 11 am to Jaco. Where do I stay Saturday night that late? I'm OK with missing out on mongering for a night, just want to get in, get comfy, get up, eat and hop on a bus (saving money) to Jaco without a big hassle.

Gracias!

Shamester
02-07-15, 16:37
Quick update. Scotia Bank is exchanging colons to US dollars at 545. Better than the official rate. Suggest bringing us dollars and exchanging. Banks are open half day on Saturdays.

Methius
02-22-15, 12:27
This may have been reported on before, but I don't remember it.

I found an ATM that gives dollars or colones in San Jose.

It's across from the Morazáand Hotel and Key Largo, half a block from the Del Rey. Look for.

An entrance in a black glass wall facing Key Largo. I found it very useful.

Because most ATMs such as the ones at the INS building give only colones.

Dickhead
02-22-15, 17:42
Another one that gives dollars is on Avenida 7 between Calle 3 and Calle 1, on the south side of the street.

StevieNix
02-27-15, 04:31
Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Presidente? I get the feeling it's not chica friendly. Do chica's know which hotels are not chica friendly so there isn't a scene when they get there or don't they care and just hope they can sneak by and make some money? Or would there just be a fee to bring a chica up? Any recommendations for nicer places close to downtown? I've looked at the places One Lucky Dogg listed on the previous page (Castillo, La Amistad, Mona Lisa, Scores, Sportsmen Lodge and Zona II) and have a couple in mind of for a backup. I appreciate any tips and advice.

SN

SavalFit
02-27-15, 08:17
Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in July 2015. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?

Dickhead
02-27-15, 17:37
The best place in Costa Rica for a family vacation would be the Hotel Del Rey. That place gives an entire new meaning to the term "all inclusive. " Now, if you and your husband and daughter are more of outdoor types, you might prefer the Sportsman's Lodge. Both are centrally located and perfect for a mellow experience, and would be ideal if you want to play a quick 18 holes during the day. You could easily hit 9 holes in the city, drive to Jaco Beach, and hit another 9 holes there all in the same day. The shopping will be very good in those neighborhoods, especially for your husband.

OfficialKnight
02-27-15, 22:44
I apologize for being off topic but has anyone had dental work done in San Jose? If so would you mind sharing any recommendations or sources of more information please.

One Lucky Dogg
03-08-15, 18:05
I apologize for being off topic but has anyone had dental work done in San Jose? If so would you mind sharing any recommendations or sources of more information please.

O.K. many of my clients come down to see. Are. For dental work mixed with some mongering. You can save big money here on dentures, crowns, implants and other services. Most of my guys save thousands. Pm Me for further info.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg
03-08-15, 18:11
Hey Guys, just got this fare notice. It's a direct red eye flight. Arrives in the early am Great deal.

Airline Delta Seats: Seats are not available on all flights or all dates of travel. You may need to have flexible travel dates to find this fare. Fares for travel on holidays may be higher. Available:7 days / week, if available travel starting: Wednesday, 08 April 2015. Travel Ending: Thursday, 18 June 2015. More Details: Non-Stop Flights. Last Updated: Sunday, 08 March 2015. Our Notes: When we checked, we found seats at this price departing Apr. 14 and returning Apr. 21. There are other dates available as well. Find this Fare: Delta.com using flexible dates.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg
03-08-15, 18:50
Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Presidente? I get the feeling it's not chica friendly. Do chica's know which hotels are not chica friendly so there isn't a scene when they get there or don't they care and just hope they can sneak by and make some money? Or would there just be a fee to bring a chica up? Any recommendations for nicer places close to downtown? I've looked at the places One Lucky Dogg listed on the previous page (Castillo, La Amistad, Mona Lisa, Scores, Sportsmen Lodge and Zona II) and have a couple in mind of for a backup. I appreciate any tips and advice.

SNSN, the Presidente use to be the place to say but not since they did away with letting ladies of the night come to your room. You can however have a lady in your room as long as her name is on the reservation. This is the only way. Great place, good service and food but it is not for Mongerers. Stick with my original recommendations and you will be okay, however, Scores is now closed for good. That's one less on my list.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Nixonbd
03-17-15, 16:03
Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in July 2015. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?Really; you're using this forum for a "family vacation" to Costa Rica? Have any pictures of your daughter?

One Lucky Dogg
03-23-15, 15:43
Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in July 2015. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?I think if I were you I would stay up in the Guancaste Region. Might want to try the Riu http://www.riu.com/es/home.jsp?src=gbr_CR_ppc_Riu_CR_CostaRica_googleadwords_Riu_CR_CostaRica&gclid=CJ3NsJDZvsQCFRMV7AodeDYAXA, the Barcelo in Tambor http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en_US/facilities/our-hotels.aspx, The Grand Papagayo http://www.occidentalhotels.com/resort/occidental-grand-papagayo or the Marriott in LOS Suenos, Herredua, http://www.marriott.com/travel-deals/all-inclusive-vacations/costa-rica.mi. If you are insistent on staying in Jaco Beach, I recommend the new Croc's casino and resport for families http://crocscasinoresort.com/ (20% off for O. L. D. VIP card holders).

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

SavalFit
03-27-15, 07:56
Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in July 2015. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?

Dickhead
03-28-15, 00:12
We already answered your questions. You should stay at the Hotel Del Rey as that is the most family-friendly hotel in San Jose. You should rent an SUV and drive to Jaco Beach. If the Hotel Del Rey is unavailable, stay at Sportsman's Lodge. They have the best fishing guides at that hotel and can help you with all your travel needs.

Dveight
04-01-15, 04:25
Really; you're using this forum for a "family vacation" to Costa Rica? Have any pictures of your daughter?Best response EVER!

Dveight
04-01-15, 04:26
Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in July 2015. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?Listen to Dickhead, your husband will love the Hotel Del Rey!

Dveight
04-05-15, 18:35
Colones Exchange Rate:

Airport Money Exchange: 466.

Bank at SJO Airport: 537.

La Amistad: 530 (they advertise an exchange rate, but conveniently never have any money to exchange).

Sportsman: 505.

Moral of the story: Exchange Rates can very wildly. Make sure you know the rate, so you can get the best one possible.

Qncterra
04-06-15, 07:07
OK fellas, what to do here? Arriving at 9 pm on Saturday. Want to take a bus around 11 am to Jaco. Where do I stay Saturday night that late? I'm OK with missing out on mongering for a night, just want to get in, get comfy, get up, eat and hop on a bus (saving money) to Jaco without a big hassle.

Gracias!If you are just looking for a decent place for the night, there are probably some close to the airport. A while back, I missed a flight and the taxi suggested one nearby for around $32, but I opted to go back to SJO. Can't remember the name right now.

Qncterra
04-06-15, 07:10
Colones Exchange Rate:

Airport Money Exchange: 466.

Bank at SJO Airport: 537.

La Amistad: 530 (they advertise an exchange rate, but conveniently never have any money to exchange).

Sportsman: 505.

Moral of the story: Exchange Rates can very wildly. Make sure you know the rate, so you can get the best one possible.Yep. I always use the banks for the best rate, and will use the ATM to tide me over, if I arrive on weekend, or after they close.

Dickhead
04-06-15, 15:11
While Exchange rates can certainly vary wildly, one thing that never varies is that you will always get fucked in the at ss changing money at an airport. Any airport. I spent several months in CR and consistently got better rates on ATM withdrawals than anyone was offering. But I get a wholesale rate from my brokerage account, the mean (average) of the bid and the ask for the day. The second-best place to get fucked changing money is at a hotel. I just watched my hotel rip off some eurotrash, giving them 2. 5 to 1, where the wholesale rate is almost 3 and any fool could get 2. 9 on the street.

Dveight
04-13-15, 03:43
While Exchange rates can certainly vary wildly, one thing that never varies is that you will always get fucked in the at ss changing money at an airport. Any airport. I spent several months in CR and consistently got better rates on ATM withdrawals than anyone was offering. But I get a wholesale rate from my brokerage account, the mean (average) of the bid and the ask for the day. The second-best place to get fucked changing money is at a hotel. I just watched my hotel rip off some eurotrash, giving them 2. 5 to 1, where the wholesale rate is almost 3 and any fool could get 2. 9 on the street.Ok, you got me. I can't spell. LOL.

You69Me
04-18-15, 12:48
I got the best exchange rate for dollars and euros at the Scotia bank on the Paseo Colon. Better than from any money changers. Many stores exchange at good rates just negotiate.

Ok, you got me. I can't spell. LOL.

One Lucky Dogg
05-08-15, 15:30
Hi, guys and gals. Found this low fare today on United. Take a look.

Seats are not available on all flights or all dates of travel. You may need to have flexible travel dates to find this fare. Fares for travel on holidays may be higher. Adv. Purchase:21 Days. Available: Fri-SunTravel Starting: Friday, 29 May 201.5 More Details: Lowest fare found for travel within the next 30 days. Last Updated: Friday, 08 May 2015.

Happy Flying.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

HangerOne
05-20-15, 03:22
Hey fellas I'm a vet of Colombia, Panama, Brasil, Peru, but oddly I'm making my first trip to San Jose early next month. Any recommendations for reliable and trusty drivers, I arrive pretty late at night and rather have a reliable driver water versus dealing with some taxi driver. Thanks for any insight.

Dickhead
05-20-15, 05:04
Taking a taxi will be way more reliable than having some driver allegedly waiting for you. Late at night, with little traffic, using the meter, twenty bucks. Maybe slightly less, depending on where you are staying. It can be thirty bucks during rush hour.

One Lucky Dogg
05-20-15, 14:23
Hey fellas I'm a vet of Colombia, Panama, Brasil, Peru, but oddly I'm making my first trip to San Jose early next month. Any recommendations for reliable and trusty drivers, I arrive pretty late at night and rather have a reliable driver water versus dealing with some taxi driver. Thanks for any insight.Try One Lucky Dogg Tours & Travel.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Dveight
05-22-15, 21:34
Hey fellas I'm a vet of Colombia, Panama, Brasil, Peru, but oddly I'm making my first trip to San Jose early next month. Any recommendations for reliable and trusty drivers, I arrive pretty late at night and rather have a reliable driver water versus dealing with some taxi driver. Thanks for any insight.Use O. L. D. Very reliable and reasonable rates\. My flight in May was over an hour early + my bags was the first off the carousel. I was certain I would be waiting, but a soon as I walked out there he was waiting for me. I was shocked, customer service doesn't get any better, he monitors flight information to make sure he is there when you arrive.

Nixonbd
05-24-15, 16:00
Have a trip to SJO planned for early July; passport expires in September. Will I run into any problems?

Dickhead
05-24-15, 16:09
Have a trip to SJO planned for early July; passport expires in September. Will I run into any problems?Yes, almost for sure. Renew it NOW.

One Lucky Dogg
05-24-15, 16:20
Have a trip to SJO planned for early July; passport expires in September. Will I run into any problems?According to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/costa-rica.html Passport must be valid for length of stay. Therefore if you are not planning to say longer than your experation date in Sept. , you should be ok.

O. L. The. One Lucky Dogg.

Nixonbd
05-24-15, 16:53
According to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/costa-rica.html Passport must be valid for length of stay. Therefore if you are not planning to say longer than your experation date in Sept. , you should be ok.

O. L. The. One Lucky Dogg.Yeah, I came across that too. Thanks.

Dickhead
05-24-15, 19:42
That is a US website and fails to consider two factors: 1) the airlines make up their own rules and might not let you board the flight, and 2) Costa Rican immigration makes stuff up as they go along, and has been very, very strict and unpredictable in recent years. I consider traveling with a passport with such a short expiration date to be a needless risk to take. You need to renew it anyway, it won't cost more money to do it now and it will have the same expiration date as if you do it at the last minute, and illness or accident might delay your departure.

WestCoast1
05-24-15, 20:34
Have a trip to SJO planned for early July; passport expires in September. Will I run into any problems?

Yes, almost for sure. Renew it NOW.I'm with DH.

While I've not traveled to CR, I've been in / out of a few countries. I think its unwise to travel with any passport that expires less than 6 months from your return date. You have plenty of time to renew.

One Lucky Dogg
05-25-15, 00:45
That is a US website and fails to consider two factors: 1) the airlines make up their own rules and might not let you board the flight, and 2) Costa Rican immigration makes stuff up as they go along, and has been very, very strict and unpredictable in recent years. I consider traveling with a passport with such a short expiration date to be a needless risk to take. You need to renew it anyway, it won't cost more money to do it now and it will have the same expiration date as if you do it at the last minute, and illness or accident might delay your departure.

I agree with you D.H. but I know that I have a friend / client who actually printed out the rule and regulations for entry and they let him and his wife in. I personally would check with the airlines a head of time if I had a doubt. I know C. R. authorities will let you in, if your passporte is not due to expire before you leave.

O. L. D. One Lucky Dogg.

Dveight
05-25-15, 01:23
I'm with DH.

While I've not traveled to CR, I've been in / out of a few countries. I think its unwise to travel with any passport that expires less than 6 months from your return date. You have plenty of time to renew.100% Agree! It is unwise to travel anywhere with a passport that expires in less than 6 months. IMHO.

EcuaDuck
05-25-15, 07:09
That is a US website and fails to consider two factors: 1) the airlines make up their own rules and might not let you board the flight, and 2) Costa Rican immigration makes stuff up as they go along, and has been very, very strict and unpredictable in recent years. I consider traveling with a passport with such a short expiration date to be a needless risk to take. You need to renew it anyway, it won't cost more money to do it now and it will have the same expiration date as if you do it at the last minute, and illness or accident might delay your departure.In my experience it is much quicker and easier to renew a passport at the consulate in another country, sometimes can be done in a few days.

In my experience it is much quicker and easier to renew a passport at the consulate in another country, sometimes can be done in a few days.

I think if your ticket shows a return before your passport expires you should be OK, although Dickhead is, as usual, correct about Costa Rica immigration making up rules "on the fly".

One Lucky Dogg
06-25-15, 16:19
1. They normally have money due to the fact that is one of the highest paying jobs in Costa Rica. They can treat you to dinner sometimes.

2. Experience in bed. This can be good and bad for some people, But I think if she stays with you after all the men she has been with that is a pretty good sign that you can hold your own.

3. All sex and relationships requires spending money, whether you are paying for dinners, buying clothes, or just buying drinks at a bar. If you look at in this way, it makes you think.

4. They are normally pretty horny. Most guys will understand if you go a long time without sex then it gets easier to be without it. If you have sex everyday then if you go without it for a a few days it is a lot harder.

5. Her friends. Have you ever spent an afternoon at Hotel Cocal. They all know each other and most are drop dead gorgeous.

6. Very loving. Although most working girls in Costa Rica have mastered the art of making a man feel like he is a Don Juan, that attitude normally transfers into a relationship. It might be a little fake but you still feel good.

7. They do not put up with BS. You will like it when women do not play games and most of these women will tell you straight about what they are feeling.

8. Their business is their business. They are going to make sure they are looking and smelling good below.

9. Many get tested. Because they have sex daily many get tested for STDs on a normal basis. You have a good chance of catching something hooking up at a random bar as well as with a working girl.

10. They work weekends. Even some of the ladies who have 9-5, m-f jobs make a little extra on Friday and Saturday nights. However, If you are watching your favorite college or pro football game at the Sportsmen or other establishments, they normally will not hassle you until the game is over.

One Lucky Dogg.

PirateMorgan
06-25-15, 22:13
Very loving. Although most working girls in Costa Rica have mastered the art of making a man feel like he is a Don Juan, that attitude normally transfers into a relationship. It might be a little fake but you still feel good.

After living in Medellin, Sosua and then 12 years in Costa Rica I must say that the above evaluation could only be written by someone trying to drum up tourist business. CR is a lot a things good and not so good but the above comment on CR hookers is just plain nonsense.

Manny51
06-25-15, 23:39
Very loving. Although most working girls in Costa Rica have mastered the art of making a man feel like he is a Don Juan, that attitude normally transfers into a relationship. It might be a little fake but you still feel good.

After living in Medellin, Sosua and then 12 years in Costa Rica I must say that the above evaluation could only be written by someone trying to drum up tourist business. CR is a lot a things good and not so good but the above comment on CR hookers is just plain nonsense.I second that. Everytime I got a recommendation for a place, it turned out to be way off base. I strongly suspect, as many have mentioned to me, that a lot of hype is being planted by those getting paid to do so.

Though to be fair, I will also note that O.L.D. the. Seems to have a lot of popular reviews of the tourism services that it offers.

One Lucky Dogg
06-26-15, 02:50
After living in Medellin, Sosua and then 12 years in Costa Rica I must say that the above evaluation could only be written by someone trying to drum up tourist business. CR is a lot a things good and not so good but the above comment on CR hookers is just plain nonsense.Sorry pm Can't take credit for this one. I found it today searching the web. http://www.costaricantimes.com/sex-in-costa-rica-benefits-of-dating-a-prostitute/21443 . I changed the word prostitute with working girl. Hey, I never felt like Don Juan either. Good reading though.

One Lucky Dogg.

UpCountry
06-27-15, 16:00
1. They normally have money due to the fact that is one of the highest paying jobs in Costa Rica. They can treat you to dinner sometimes.

2. Experience in bed. This can be good and bad for some people, But I think if she stays with you after all the men she has been with that is a pretty good sign that you can hold your own.

3. All sex and relationships requires spending money, whether you are paying for dinners, buying clothes, or just buying drinks at a bar. If you look at in this way, it makes you think.

4. They are normally pretty horny. Most guys will understand if you go a long time without sex then it gets easier to be without it. If you have sex everyday then if you go without it for a a few days it is a lot harder.

5. Her friends. Have you ever spent an afternoon at Hotel Cocal. They all know each other and most are drop dead gorgeous.

6. Very loving. Although most working girls in Costa Rica have mastered the art of making a man feel like he is a Don Juan, that attitude normally transfers into a relationship. It might be a little fake but you still feel good.

7. They do not put up with BS. You will like it when women do not play games and most of these women will tell you straight about what they are feeling.

8. Their business is their business. They are going to make sure they are looking and smelling good below.

9. Many get tested. Because they have sex daily many get tested for STDs on a normal basis. You have a good chance of catching something hooking up at a random bar as well as with a working girl.

10. They work weekends. Even some of the ladies who have 9-5, m-f jobs make a little extra on Friday and Saturday nights. However, If you are watching your favorite college or pro football game at the Sportsmen or other establishments, they normally will not hassle you until the game is over.

One Lucky Dogg.Muy guapa la chica.

Good.

Dickhead
06-27-15, 18:48
This is a sample size of one, but when I lived in SJ I had a regular tica hooker whom I saw every Thursday for four months. She would bring over her laundry, put it in my washing machine, and we would have sex. Then she would put her laundry in the dryer, I would make one of my famous lunches, and we would have sex again. Then we would have a beer or two, or a rum and coke, while she folded her laundry. Then I would give her 30 k colones and then she would leave. She was very sweet, a super nice person. All natural big titties, no tattoos, graduated from high school. I treated her just like a GF when she was at my place and she treated me just like a BF except for no BBFS which is a bad idea anyway. I met her at Scores and was able to hook up with her during my recent stay at Mona Lisa. So while OLD is indeed a shill and prone to hyperbole, anything is possible with a woman in Latin America.

Qncterra
07-15-15, 00:45
I know that few have anything good to say about this hotel, except that it is close and convenient. Most have moved onto to other hotels. While I have been a reasonably long standing supporter, I think that it's time for me to move on too. I recently reported that the hotel had changed owners. When I checked in on Saturday, my credit card was charged for the full 11 nights up front. This has never happened in all of my years of traveling anywhere. I have been trying to get clarification from the management, but was insulated by the front desk. Finally, got a message from management today, that they were sorry for my dissatisfaction, but many people make reservation for seven or more days, but leave after three, and the room is no longer rented. I understand their dilemma is the same as other hotels, but I have always stayed my full reservation and cannot reasonably pay for something like that in advance, so I will seek another on my next trip. They claim that they will reimburse me if I have an emergency and need to leave early. Yeah, right, so what's the point of charging my card the full amount and closing the ticket? On top of this, none of the hotel room phones have worked since Saturday. They are still down today, and I didn't know until a friend called my see-phone.

One Lucky Dogg
07-15-15, 01:32
I know that few have anything good to say about this hotel, except that it is close and convenient. Most have moved onto to other hotels. While I have been a reasonably long standing supporter, I think that it's time for me to move on too. I recently reported that the hotel had changed owners. When I checked in on Saturday, my credit card was charged for the full 11 nights up front. This has never happened in all of my years of traveling anywhere. I have been trying to get clarification from the management, but was insulated by the front desk. Finally, got a message from management today, that they were sorry for my dissatisfaction, but many people make reservation for seven or more days, but leave after three, and the room is no longer rented. I understand their dilemma is the same as other hotels, but I have always stayed my full reservation and cannot reasonably pay for something like that in advance, so I will seek another on my next trip. They claim that they will reimburse me if I have an emergency and need to leave early. Yeah, right, so what's the point of charging my card the full amount and closing the ticket? On top of this, none of the hotel room phones have worked since Saturday. They are still down today, and I didn't know until a friend called my see-phone.Too bad this happened to you. If I were them, I would go out of my way to satisfy a customer. Not all is lost. You do have the right to dispute the charge with your credit card company for up to 6 months. If they loose their credit card processor, because of a charge back, they might reconsider their policy.

One Lucky Dogg.

Qncterra
07-15-15, 01:39
Too bad this happened to you. If I were them, I would go out of m way to satisfy a customer. Not all is lost. You do have the right to dispute the charge with your credit card company for up to 6 months. If the loose their credit card processor because of a charge back, they might reconsider their policy.

One Lucky Dogg.Thanks, I know that the six month chargeback is my ace, if I have an issue. Since I didn't get to speak to the management, I told the new guy at the front desk that they were making a mistake by trying to treat all customers the same, and that they would be losing me, who spends 7 to 11 nights four times a year, but that didn't phase him.

One Lucky Dogg
07-20-15, 15:23
Thanks, I know that the six month chargeback is my ace, if I have an issue. Since I didn't get to speak to the management, I told the new guy at the front desk that they were making a mistake by trying to treat all customers the same, and that they would be losing me, who spends 7 to 11 nights four times a year, but that didn't phase him.The problem with Tico's is, retention is not in their vocabulary. Even I make a mistake every now and then. It's my utmost importance that the client stays happy. Even if it means I have to give him / her a free ride. It's hard enough getting a customer, so you want to do everything in you power to keep them. Customer is King! Too some locals don't get that.

One Lucky Dogg.

One Lucky Dogg
07-27-15, 17:03
I have not ever seen this hub so cheap. For out and. W, brothers and sisters who are looking for a deal to Costa Rica. Lowest fare found for travel within the next 30 days.

Seats are not available on all flights or all dates of travel. You may need to have flexible travel dates to find this fare. Fares for travel on holidays may be higher. All mandatory taxes / fees are included in the price. Tax-inclusive fare may be a few dollars higher or lower depending on the airport you connect through, if any. Baggage fees, if applicable, and other optional fees are not included. This means we searched a range of dates to find you the best price. FOUND USING FLEXIBLE DATES ON: Delta.

One Lucky Dogg.

Horn Dog Too
07-31-15, 14:12
All Right!! My first time in San Jose is tonight!. I'll be getting in too late and probably too tired to partake, but I will be heading to the gulch tomorrow afternoon. I'm pretty sure I want to at least stop by the HDR and their famous bar to check out the scenery and get the lay of the land. Then I'll head to Monica's. I am curious though about one more thing. I've read in the forum about casino's in the area. How many are there and is live poker played in any of them? Thanks in advance. HD2.

Dgfd
08-18-15, 04:02
That is a US website and fails to consider two factors: 1) the airlines make up their own rules and might not let you board the flight, and 2) Costa Rican immigration makes stuff up as they go along, and has been very, very strict and unpredictable in recent years. I consider traveling with a passport with such a short expiration date to be a needless risk to take. You need to renew it anyway, it won't cost more money to do it now and it will have the same expiration date as if you do it at the last minute, and illness or accident might delay your departure.There's the rub. Most airlines aren't going to let you board due to their rules regardless of the law. TACA / Avianca let me do it 4 times.

With way less then 6 mos left, even less then 3 weeks on the last flight. Not hassled at all at Immigration. I long for the pre 9-11 days.

(and really up to a few years after 9-11) when all you needed was a certified birth certificate and a DL, pay $3 for a little green tourist.

Card which they stamped with your days--and it was always 90--like automatic--then, and that was all you needed. I've got a whole wall of them little greenies nailed up in the garage for chuckles. Aside from the killings, the passport thing and all the new banking bullshit are other major reasons I hate Al-Quida. Now Uncle knows a lot easily. And so can anyone else if you are ever required for whatever reason to show your passport.

Manny51
08-23-15, 14:58
Hi guys!

Thinking of vising CR in a couple of weeks. I have been to San Jose a couple of times, and want to try something new. I wanted to go to the Nicoya area, like Nosara, Liberia, and Tamarindo. I have RTF, and I don't find anything useful. Any punting fun to be had up there?

Thanks in advance!

Rayy371
10-16-15, 23:47
So I am making my first trip to CR and I want to fly down the Friday after thanksgiving and stay Jaco beach for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then I would like to go to San Jose and Stay 3 nights. I would like any help to make this trip the best.

Ray

Qncterra
11-09-15, 01:12
Apparently, some of the airlines are including the departure tax in the ticket price. Jet Blue did this to me twice this year You don't this for sure until you are in the line. My problem is that I usually buy the ticket downtown and they would not refund it at the airport. Before my return trip, I emailed Jet Blue and was told that it is not included. I kept the original receipt and planning to use it, only to find that it was included. My friend on United said that his was included too.

Qncterra
11-15-15, 06:28
The problem with Tico's is, retention is not in their vocabulary. Even I make a mistake every now and then. It's my utmost importance that the client stays happy. Even if it means I have to give him / her a free ride. It's hard enough getting a customer, so you want to do everything in you power to keep them. Customer is King! Too some locals don't get that.

One Lucky Dogg.Well, you are right about retention and even when they try they don't know how to manage it. I just spent nine days at another hotel in October. Stopped my Morazan because I had left my neck travel pillow and knew that housekeeping would have it for me. As I waited for them to bring it down, I was told that the new front desk guy, who wouldn't let me speak to a manager was no longer there. I really didn't like the idea of paying interest on the 11 nights while they used my money. I was also told that they want me back, and I would not have to pay in full up front, but want me to pay more per night. Well that won't happen because their new "preferred rate" is 90% more than what I negotiated at the other hotel.

Beavis
11-15-15, 07:01
So I am making my first trip to CR and I want to fly down the Friday after thanksgiving and stay Jaco beach for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then I would like to go to San Jose and Stay 3 nights. I would like any help to make this trip the best.

RayThere are literally thousands of reports on many websites that describe all of the activities available in Costa Rica. If you do some research you will find the answers to most if not all of your questions. Afterwards if you want answers to a few specific questions I am sure people here will help you but nobody is going to write a novel to create a map for you because you don't want to do any of the work yourself. Google is your friend in this case and it doesn't mind answering any of your questions.

Rayy371
11-19-15, 03:39
There are literally thousands of reports on many websites that describe all of the activities available in Costa Rica. If you do some research you will find the answers to most if not all of your questions. Afterwards if you want answers to a few specific questions I am sure people here will help you but nobody is going to write a novel to create a map for you because you don't want to do any of the work yourself. Google is your friend in this case and it doesn't mind answering any of your questions.Thanks, I went to Lucky Dog and got the help I needed. I always feel when traveling the first time to a strange country it is better to ask than to make stupid mistakes. The owner was great set everything up as far as rides, hotels reservations, and advise on which Hotels were better than others and the atmosphere. GOOGLE is great but the information is sometimes not accurate and suspect at best.

Bearyc
02-21-16, 15:12
Great option. Calls from CR to US are free. Oddly, local calls within CR come out of your int'l bucket. As do calls from US to CR of course. Roughly $10 for 220 minutes I think. US calls within / from US are free. I did not pay more for my area code when I bought, maybe 3 years, not sure now. It is more for a vanity #. Very good voice quality. One problem is very, very often on calls from US to outlying CR areas, you will not get thru. Generally very good to SJ area and larger towns. If you are going to be making alot of local calls in CR, get a CR sim for your unlocked cell phone.Google voice lets me call or text the states for free.

Squidward
03-26-16, 23:17
I'm heading down next month to SJ for a couple of weeks and it'll be trip number 5 for me (lucky guy). While down there I'm planning on taking a trip to the East coast to do some tarpon fishing. Unfortunately due to my ongoing adherence to the motto: "the only thing better than steady pussy is new pussy" I don't have a ready girl to travel with me. Any ideas on the best way to find a chica that would want to take a couple of days off and travel without me landing a wack job or getting robbed by her BF? I'm not really worried too much on the looks dept. But really just want a nice girl for a fun time on the beach. Just looking for a trusted source to set me up with someone without running into the problem of it looking like I got her from a pimp.

TravelTime
03-30-16, 17:21
Going to San Jose for 3 nights for the first time. Does anyone know if the San Jose Marriott is close to the "action"? It's a last minute trip so I don't have much research time. Any information to help me orientate would be much appreciated.

StayThirsty
03-31-16, 03:48
Going to San Jose for 3 nights for the first time. Does anyone know if the San Jose Marriott is close to the "action"? It's a last minute trip so I don't have much research time. Any information to help me orientate would be much appreciated.There is a Google map under San Jose clubs bars etc. In user blog. Seems everything is close to the "action".

Eduardo49
04-27-16, 07:01
Going to San Jose for 3 nights for the first time. Does anyone know if the San Jose Marriott is close to the "action"? It's a last minute trip so I don't have much research time. Any information to help me orientate would be much appreciated.It depends on which Marriott you are at but non of them are chica friendly or near downtown San Jose. Courtyard by Marriott is near the airport.

BlackMambaT
05-17-16, 20:27
I am male in early 30's planning to go for a trip to Costa Rica. Been hobbying in states for long time. My questions are.

1. How much it takes to hobby there? Do the girls offer all services? Are they counting by hour or by night?

2. Safest place to stay. Like picking up women from bar and bringing them upstairs. How hard it is for someone who don't speak any Spanish?

3. Best time of the year to go. Looking to travel in next 2 months and plan to stay for 2 weeks.

Eduardo49
05-18-16, 13:46
I am male in early 30's planning to go for a trip to Costa Rica. Been hobbying in states for long time. My questions are.

1. How much it takes to hobby there? Do the girls offer all services? Are they counting by hour or by night?

2. Safest place to stay. Like picking up women from bar and bringing them upstairs. How hard it is for someone who don't speak any Spanish?

3. Best time of the year to go. Looking to travel in next 2 months and plan to stay for 2 weeks.Visiting Costa Rica for the purpose of partying is not difficult. There are two main locations where it is quite easy, San Jose and Jaco. How much you plan to spend depends on you. How often do you plan to party? Prices range from around $25 for a half an hour at a massage parlor up to hundreds per hour with independent providers. There are over 50 licensed MPs in San Jose. There are two hotels that are frequented by providers in San Jose, The Hotel Del Rey and the Sportsman's Lodge. In Jaco there are providers to be found at Crocs Casino but mainly at the Hotel Cocal. Almost all of San Jose and Jaco are safe to travel during the day. At night use discretion. Costa Rica has two seasons, the dry season, November until May and the wet season, now until November. In the wet season it generally starts off clear in the morning, clouds up and has a shower in the afternoon. Anytime you can come is a good time, but avoid Christmas and Easter in that everything pretty much shuts down. There is plenty of other things to do other than the hobby depending on your interests.

Lion Killer
05-31-16, 02:39
Guys,

I met Eduardo49 for the first time this weekend, he met me at the SJO airport even my flight was 7 hours late & did not arrive until 2:30 am Saturday morning, even at that hour he brought me to the Del Rey. The following days Ed showed me around to the different massage parlors, 5 or 6, lost count. He also brought us to a nice strip club that has some smoking hot girls.

This is my plug for Eduardo49's airport pickup / drop off & show around town business, I highly recommend getting in touch with Ed on your next trip down, even if you have been there before (I have been going for 15 years) he is a great guy & will do his best to make sure you see the best girls in town.

Ed also does trips / show arounds to Jaco.

LK.

AtLamp
06-01-16, 20:00
Guys,

I met Eduardo49 for the first time this weekend, he met me at the SJO airport even my flight was 7 hours late & did not arrive until 2:30 am Saturday morning, even at that hour he brought me to the Del Rey. The following days Ed showed me around to the different massage parlors, 5 or 6, lost count. He also brought us to a nice strip club that has some smoking hot girls.

This is my plug for Eduardo49's airport pickup / drop off & show around town business, I highly recommend getting in touch with Ed on your next trip down, even if you have been there before (I have been going for 15 years) he is a great guy & will do his best to make sure you see the best girls in town.

Ed also does trips / show arounds to Jaco.

LK.I just came back from CR last night. And LK you are right Eduardo49 is a genuinely nice guy. We never met but his advice are very helpful being my first time in CR. Although I did not use his services. I plan on doing so on my next visit.

Droplet
06-06-16, 00:27
I'm planning a last minute break to Costa Rica. Will be my first time actually. I had planned to go many times but always ended up somewhere else.

I have 2 weeks. Around end of June to first week or two of July. I heard a lot of the wet season and not sure exactly how wet it is at this time. When people say it rains in the afternoon, just how wet is it? It is pouring down with rain for many hours that you can not go out? Or will it just be a couple of hours of showers? Will the evening / night time be clear and no rain?

I will be doing some tourist stuff as well so would prefer not too wet. Will visit San Jose and Jaco to see what the fuss is about.

Thanks,

Zorro
07-11-16, 06:37
Hey guys,

How is it going. I conto Latina making my 1st trip to Costa Rica. I was not sure where to go and where to stay at. I have never hobbies outside the US with the exception of boys town in Laredo.

I also heard that Colombia is also a great place to go get some hot eye candy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Gigabyte41
07-11-16, 21:24
Hey guys,

How is it going. I conto Latina making my 1st trip to Costa Rica. I was not sure where to go and where to stay at. I have never hobbies outside the US with the exception of boys town in Laredo.

I also heard that Colombia is also a great place to go get some hot eye candy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.Just read a few posts here on this board. You will see lots of discussion about hotels. I prefer Hotel Dunn Inn. There aren't a lot of girls there, but you can take your girl there. I like to go out hunting and Dunn Inn is convenient for that. Avoid Holiday Inn. They don't allow guests there unless her name is on your reservation when you check in.

GB40

Linyjo
07-14-16, 04:54
I'm heading down next month to SJ for a couple of weeks and it'll be trip number 5 for me (lucky guy). While down there I'm planning on taking a trip to the East coast to do some tarpon fishing. Unfortunately due to my ongoing adherence to the motto: "the only thing better than steady pussy is new pussy" I don't have a ready girl to travel with me. Any ideas on the best way to find a chica that would want to take a couple of days off and travel without me landing a wack job or getting robbed by her BF? I'm not really worried too much on the looks dept. But really just want a nice girl for a fun time on the beach. Just looking for a trusted source to set me up with someone without running into the problem of it looking like I got her from a pimp.If this is your fifth trip down there and you do not have any contacts already, I would plan on going alone. Plenty of pick ups on East Coast, you won't go hungry but east coast is the most untamed and unsafe area.

PepolesBuddy
08-17-16, 11:34
Any suggestions on how to pack condoms without the old lady finding out? I really like the brand Skyn condoms but they don't have them in Costa Rica.

ODB2016
08-17-16, 17:17
Any suggestions on how to pack condoms without the old lady finding out? I really like the brand Skyn condoms but they don't have them in Costa Rica.Put it in your sock.

Eduardo49
08-17-16, 23:16
Any suggestions on how to pack condoms without the old lady finding out? I really like the brand Skyn condoms but they don't have them in Costa Rica.This is hard to answer not knowing your wife. Is she going to search your bags like the DEA? If so can you make a stop on the way to the airport or is she taking you? A lot of condoms can go into a zippered pouch that you wear on your body to carry your passport. Get to the airport and put them in your bag before you go through security.

PepolesBuddy
08-17-16, 23:57
Other than negotiating prices first and not paying a independent until after the session. Do ya'll have any advice on how not to get ripped off or black mailed?

Has anyone ever had an issue with a tica renegotiating after the session or threatening to blackmail you?

UltraHappy
08-18-16, 04:33
Any suggestions on how to pack condoms without the old lady finding out? I really like the brand Skyn condoms but they don't have them in Costa Rica.I don't understand -- Is your wife going with you to Costa Rica? If so, this is a more difficult question. If you're going to CR alone, then you could keep your condoms in your work office place and just pick them up on your way to the airport. If she is accompanying you on the trip, then you may be able to say that you were bringing the condoms to use with her if she happened to find them I suppose.

Dickhead
08-18-16, 06:07
Has anyone ever had an issue with a tica renegotiating after the session or threatening to blackmail you?Blackmailing you about what? Assuming she is of age, you are doing nothing illegal.

PepolesBuddy
08-18-16, 11:15
Blackmailing you about what? Assuming she is of age, you are doing nothing illegal.For example. You agree to $80 for a couple of hours. After your session she changes it to $200. If you don't pay. She'll threaten to go to the policia. Has that ever happened to anyone?

Dickhead
08-18-16, 17:23
For example. You agree to $80 for a couple of hours. After your session she changes it to $200. If you don't pay. She'll threaten to go to the policia. Has that ever happened to anyone?Go to the police and say what? Please try to wrap your mind around the concept that you are not doing anything illegal. Ticas' right to sell pussy is constitutional in nature. But no, I lived there for five months and have been there dozens of times and this has not happened. I understand the language and the culture, which probably helps. But if some hooker wants to go to the cop shop and say you underpaid her, my guess is they would not be too sympathetic. Although, if that ever did happen to me, I think I'd change hotels pretty fast. I mean, do you tell hookers your surname? I suppose they could get that from the hotel, but I just don't see a CR cop doing that under the circumstances you describe.

If you hire a plumber and he wants more than he quoted, once the job is over, the police aren't going to intervene in that it. It is a civil matter. And in CR, hiring a hooker is no different than hiring a plumber or any other service provider.

Hope that helps. You're worrying too much. You can get Lifestyles and Trojan condoms here, and they are good enough. If your wife finds them, divorce the hag. It must not be that great of a marriage if you are looking for hookers.

Member #2041
08-18-16, 17:32
Just read a few posts here on this board. You will see lots of discussion about hotels. I prefer Hotel Dunn Inn. There aren't a lot of girls there, but you can take your girl there. I like to go out hunting and Dunn Inn is convenient for that. Avoid Holiday Inn. They don't allow guests there unless her name is on your reservation when you check in.

GB40Also, the Dunn Inn is a short walk from Sportsman's Lodge, and not far from the Del Rey either (but that's a more dangerous walk late at night).

PepolesBuddy
08-18-16, 20:07
Haha OK thanks for the tip. You really are a dickhead but you're funny.

Lion Killer
08-18-16, 22:03
For example. You agree to $80 for a couple of hours. After your session she changes it to $200. If you don't pay. She'll threaten to go to the policia. Has that ever happened to anyone?Dude,

You are way to paranoid, better you stay home & just jack off LOL.

LK.

Dr Howard
08-19-16, 11:46
Also, the Dunn Inn is a short walk from Sportsman's Lodge, and not far from the Del Rey either (but that's a more dangerous walk late at night).The Dunn Inn is no longer chica friendly no ifs ands or buts.

PepolesBuddy
08-29-16, 21:03
Looked up prices and uber is wicked cheap. Are ubers as safe as the certified taxis in Costa Rica?

Lost99
09-26-16, 00:25
I'm an extensive traveller to Asia, and my usual stomping grounds is Bangkok, Pattaya, and previously China (no longer).

Never venture to Central / South America, I'm looking for other travel options that are safe, affordable, and have super busty chicas.

Can anyone who's played in BKK, AC, or Asia generally, offer a quick comparision of those cities with Costa Rica in terms of:

- Ladies relative cost (CR seems based on USD and more $, e. G. ST appears $40-60 in Del Rey, in BKK you can get a full service 90 min soapie for $60 USD).

- Hotel prices.

- Safety (BKK is very safe, AC seems a bit dodgy).

- Attractiveness of ladies (BKK is easy to find lookers 7-8/10, but lots of breast implants, and need to avoid ladyboys, not sure if easy to find busty lookers in Costa Rica).

Its still early days in my planning, but any useful comparisions would be appreciated.

Zhagolo52
09-27-16, 20:24
CR has become inflated in prices in the last few years specially Jaco. If you are looking for top quality girls be ready to spend $100-$150 US for the hour, is totally normal these days, specially if they are busty and everyone is going to want to be with them. You can always find some gems in Del Rey. I have never seen a girl in Del Rey for less than 60-80 US unless you are getting the ugly ones. Hotel prices during slow season is really good you can find them around 60-80. I have never stayed at the Del Rey. But if you do, you have to pay $10 per chica every time you go up. Safety is not an issue as long as you use common sense. If you are looking for top quality and good price. Colombia is the place to be these days.

I'm an extensive traveller to Asia, and my usual stomping grounds is Bangkok, Pattaya, and previously China (no longer).

Never venture to Central / South America, I'm looking for other travel options that are safe, affordable, and have super busty chicas.

Can anyone who's played in BKK, AC, or Asia generally, offer a quick comparision of those cities with Costa Rica in terms of:.

MoneyShot
01-05-17, 18:15
Hey, can someone point me in the right direction for an affordable shuttle to Jaco, Will be arriving afternoon February 1, 2017.

Also his Hotel Mango Mar chica friendly?

Member #2041
01-05-17, 18:55
CR has become inflated in prices in the last few years specially Jaco. If you are looking for top quality girls be ready to spend $100-$150 US for the hour, is totally normal these days, specially if they are busty and everyone is going to want to be with them. You can always find some gems in Del Rey. I have never seen a girl in Del Rey for less than 60-80 US unless you are getting the ugly ones. Hotel prices during slow season is really good you can find them around 60-80. I have never stayed at the Del Rey. But if you do, you have to pay $10 per chica every time you go up. Safety is not an issue as long as you use common sense. If you are looking for top quality and good price. Colombia is the place to be these days.I have to say, as someone who hasn't been to CR in 5 years, this is depressing. On my last trip there (I went 3 times), I was typically paying $50-60 for the best chicas at Sportsman's Lodge (where I stayed), and slightly under $40 for daytime shags at what was then Zona Blue, or about $30 at New Fantasy across the street. The only time I ever spent $100 was for a hottie in Tamarindo that was procured by a guy on a motorbike who undoubtedly got at least $20 of that for his efforts. I never was a fan of the Del Rey / Blue Marlin with it's $10 joiner fee and the girls asking "Cien" and not going below $80.

On a positive note, I'm living in San Diego, and with the Mexican Peso going at over 20 to the dollar presently, I'm paying between 1/3 and 1/4 these current Costa Rica prices in Tijuana, and if that keeps up, I'm not going to travel anywhere else.

BTW MoneyShot, Gray Line is probably the best bet for shuttles to Jaco.

Tiny 12
01-05-17, 21:09
Lost, Bangkok beats Costa Rica hands down in terms of options and the shear number of women. If you ignore that, bust size is decidedly better in Costa Rica, except in a few places like Baccara, Rainbow, Mixx and Spasso where a lot of the women own new ones. There's such a wide variation of price in both places, but on average the women are a little cheaper in Bangkok, I'd guess about 20% cheaper if you're comparing apples to apples and including barfines. In terms of hotels Bangkok wins hands down, again if you're comparing apples to apples. You'll pay less for comparable quality, and most hotels in Bangkok are girl-friendly while many in San Jose are not. In terms of safety, Thailand is better. Costa Rica isn't bad though, you just don't want to be walking around in the wrong neighborhood late at night. As to attractiveness, that's so subjective. You might look at some of the photos on this site. For me, Costa Rica would win out, but then I tend to seek out Latinas in bars in Singapore and Hong Kong, even though they're sparse, because I like the look and I can communicate with them.

MoneyShot
01-12-17, 03:19
Hey, can someone point me in the right direction for an affordable shuttle to Jaco, Will be arriving afternoon February 1, 2017.

Also his Hotel Mango Mar chica friendly?Change of plans, now arriving six days earlier staying in San Jose until Wednesday and then heading to Jaco.

First time in Costa Rica, would like to see the tourist stuff, think I will need some Viagra, is this a crazy idea?

Mongerer69
03-23-17, 12:05
I'm sitting in my hotel room at the Morazan next door to the famous Del Ray wishing I made the decision to do my annual trip to the Philippines or Bangkok. As you walk the surrounding streets in this area it is really run down. As for the girls yes they are pretty but for what you would pay here for an hour, you could easily get the whole night in the Philippines. There you literally have to pay them to leave. Hotels are more luxurious in the Philippines, the Girls are more GFE and the drinks are a lot less expensive. Only caveat, I'm kicking ass everytime I sit at the Blackjack Rummy Table.

I had to get the idea of Costa Rica out of my system and I'm glad I did but if any of you are on the fence, Asia (even Sosua DR) has it all over this place.

MoneyShot
03-24-17, 01:36
I'm sitting in my hotel room at the Morazan next door to the famous Del Ray wishing I made the decision to do my annual trip to the Philippines or Bangkok. As you walk the surrounding streets in this area it is really run down. As for the girls yes they are pretty but for what you would pay here for an hour, you could easily get the whole night in the Philippines. There you literally have to pay them to leave. Hotels are more luxurious in the Philippines, the Girls are more GFE and the drinks are a lot less expensive. Only caveat, I'm kicking ass everytime I sit at the Blackjack Rummy Table.

I had to get the idea of Costa Rica out of my system and I'm glad I did but if any of you are on the fence, Asia (even Sosua DR) has it all over this place.The positives of CR to me are location, lots of gringos to hang with, cheap massage places, sweet ticas, lots of tourist stuff to do, strip clubs with all the talent available.

Jaco has more talent but you will pay good $.

I try to stay at nice places in CR, the HDR is a dump IMO.

But you are right, Costa Rica is not cheap, Thailand is on my bucket list.

Mangera
03-24-17, 12:43

I had to get the idea of Costa Rica out of my system and I'm glad I did but if any of you are on the fence, Asia (even Sosua DR) has it all over this place.Generally speaking, I do agree and understand your feelings on this topic. All of your points are valid. However, you must understand that what basically has screwed up the pricing scale in Central and South America over the last few years has been because of many gringos going over there and over paying. Its unfortunate, but its the reality. Its a short and more economical trip in comparison to flying all the way to Asia. So this will continue. Believe me, 10 years ago, San Jose was much better than the current situation. That being said, there are still some gems to be found.

For the majority that do not have the time and funds to go all the way to the other side of the globe, its still a good alternative. Now, if you can make the time, and have the funds to get to Asia, its worth a giving it a shot. However, for most, the initial costs of just getting there is so much, they just factor those costs into a shorter trip, and spend more when going to places like CR. In their minds, overall, they will still spend less than flying to the other side of the world.

Personally, the perfect situation is to be able to do both things. Enjoy!

Dickhead
03-24-17, 15:47
The other thing to remember about Asia is, it's really really hot and humid, and kind of smells like ca-ca. Pattaya in Thailand has the sewer running right under the street with open grates. So, Restaurant A puts a carpet over the grate, which makes Restaurant B smell worse, so B puts a carpet over its grate to pass it on to C, and so forth. Eating while smelling shit is not really that optimal of a situation, but eating in 40 C /105 F muggy weather while smelling shit is even less optimal.

Johnny Sax
04-03-17, 02:34
Hey can anyone help me out?

I am in another part of Costa Rica and I want to stop and buy some sex toys for a few of my fave girls at the Del Rey / SL but for the life of me I don't ever recall seeing a sex shop or any place like that to buy sex toys in the San Jose area nor Alajuela.

I am especially looking for the small vibrators that don't cost a lot. Maybe AA operated. And a vibrating butt plug for my anal-loving babe.

Do they even have sex shops in Costa Rica? Never seen one that I can recall!

If you can give me any idea where to find these please do. I know San Jose fairly well so general directions might help!

Thanks.

Johnny Sax
04-03-17, 02:43
CR has become inflated in prices in the last few years specially Jaco. If you are looking for top quality girls be ready to spend $100-$150 US for the hour, is totally normal these days, specially if they are busty and everyone is going to want to be with them. You can always find some gems in Del Rey. I have never seen a girl in Del Rey for less than 60-80 US unless you are getting the ugly ones. Hotel prices during slow season is really good you can find them around 60-80. I have never stayed at the Del Rey. But if you do, you have to pay $10 per chica every time you go up. Safety is not an issue as long as you use common sense. If you are looking for top quality and good price. Colombia is the place to be these days.Sorry Zhagolo but your negotiation skills must suck if you are always paying $100-150 at the Del Rey, SL or KL. I have had 5 girls from the DR in the past year and have paid only one of them $100 because she was the hottest thing ever, and the others I paid between $75-85, and no they weren't ugly. My wingman almost always pays $100 because he doesn't speak Spanish but never pays over $100 even without being able to really negotiate well in Spanish.

$60 is hard to do these days but I got one for $60 year before last, and she was above average in looks, maybe a 7 but it was late. $75 is do-able still if you really want to haggle or if it's late or if there are way more girls than guys in the bar.

My advice is NEVER pay "cien" and start out asking them to do 40 mil which is around $75 now. If everyone pays cien and doesn't haggle at all then you're just giving your money away and they think you're a chump.

Creideiki
05-22-17, 19:59
I've been doing my RTFF and taking notes for San José. I will be visiting for 2 weeks, primarily to get some dental work completed (abutments and crowns for previously placed implants) and hope to do some sightseeing as well. I have been learning Spanish for the last 2 years, and while I'm not fluent yet, I am way above tourist level in speaking and comprehension, and I'm hoping that will give me some advantages when I start meeting women in CR.

Two questions:

1. I like to blend in as much as possible, so I would like to know how most Ticos of San José dress during the weekdays, and on the weekends. I'm hoping that at least looking the part will keep me away from some of the tourist scams. I did read that dress is definitely more casual at the beaches.

2. I'm a good dancer of salsa, bachata, and merengue--has anyone visited dance clubs in town? I thought that would be a great way meet chicas to maybe get some action for later.

Thanks in advance.

Superman24
06-08-17, 23:47
I'll be in San Jose in mid June for 3 days. I want to take a day trip to do some sight seeing. Any thoughts / advice on interesting day trips I could make and how much they cost. Appreciate any ideas.

Mr Jetsetter
06-09-17, 09:42
I'll be in San Jose in mid June for 3 days. I want to take a day trip to do some sight seeing. Any thoughts / advice on interesting day trips I could make and how much they cost. Appreciate any ideas.Poas volcano.

Rafting the Rio Pacuare (class 3 & 4 rapids, very scenic).

Research costs, as they might have changed since I did these trips.

Superman24
06-14-17, 16:55
Guys,

After RTFF, wanted to get a quick update on:

1) where could I draw money to get best usd / colones exchange rates?

2) should I carry dollars or just as easy to draw from ATMs (I know ATMs in some countries could have a draw down limit).

Thanks.

Qncterra
06-15-17, 17:58
Guys,

2) should I carry dollars or just as easy to draw from ATMs (I know ATMs in some countries could have a draw down limit).

Thanks.I usually carry dollars and exchange at the banks. Usually slightly above 500 c to 1 dollar. Make sure that any dollars that you tak kave no tears or nicks, as they will not be accepted. Some ATM's have both dollars and colones.

Mr Jetsetter
06-16-17, 06:09
I usually carry dollars and exchange at the banks. Usually slightly above 500 c to 1 dollar. Make sure that any dollars that you tak kave no tears or nicks, as they will not be accepted. Some ATM's have both dollars and colones.I usually bring dollars to CR & exchange at Colonial casino next to the Del Rey. Very easy, no lines, and they offer a fair exchange rate normally close to what the banks offer. Much better than what you will find at the Rey, Sportsmens, and other hotels.

Fun Luvr
06-19-17, 18:45
Guys,

Thanks.1) Any BCR ATM will give you a good rate without a fee (they didn't have a fee last year, don't know if that has changed). They do have a daily limit for withdrawals, but I don't know what it is.

2) I have usually taken enough dollars for 5-6 days, then use ATM's. There is a Bank of San Jose in the departure area of the airport. When you enter the departure area (upstairs, across the street from arrival area) turn left and go as far as you are allowed. The bank is on the left. There are money exchanges before to get to the bank. DO NOT use them. Last Wednesday, I received 565/1 at the bank, the exchange next to the bank quoted 484/1.

Frankfurt
06-23-17, 00:24
Fun Luvr,

Thank you very much for this valuable info regarding the bank in the departure terminal! I rarely use money exchanges and stick to ATMs but on a possibly upcoming trip to CR I'd be restricted to using slush funds without having luxury of using an ATM.

There is a Bank of San Jose in the departure area of the airport. When you enter the departure area (upstairs, across the street from arrival area) turn left and go as far as you are allowed. The bank is on the left. There are money exchanges before to get to the bank. DO NOT use them. Last Wednesday, I received 565/1 at the bank, the exchange next to the bank quoted 484/1.

Rzrfl69
07-21-17, 13:30
Can anyone recommend a good guide to get in contact with. I'd love to do some rooster fishing.

ThatMonger1969
07-28-17, 20:00
Can anyone recommend a good guide to get in contact with. I'd love to do some rooster fishing.Any traction on this? I'm going to be in Jaco Sept 15-18, and I'm interested in fishing, but I don't have a group for a charter as I'm visiting alone. Looking for anyone who might be interested in putting a group together.

Methius
07-30-17, 22:31
Hey can anyone help me out?

If you can give me any idea where to find these please do. I know San Jose fairly well so general directions might help!

Thanks.Don't know of any in Downtown San Jose. Grab the bus down from the Del Rey and head towards the mall in San Pedro. Look for Sexy Shop. There used to be one on the south side of Ave 2 shortly before the mall, and there might be one in the mall.

If you get to Jaco check the north end of town on the east side of the road in one of the little strip malls.

Vern2020
09-24-17, 17:34
Can anyone provide reviews / suggestions for golf? Is it any good? Is it reasonably priced? I will be staying at Sportsman's Lodge in November and I see they work with Valle Del Sol Golf Course. I will also be spending a few days during the week just outside San Jose, where they suggest taking me to Cariari Golf Club. Is it worth the time, or should I focus on other activities? I like to golf, but it's not the most important thing. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Johnny Sax
10-20-17, 00:04
Don't know of any in Downtown San Jose. Grab the bus down from the Del Rey and head towards the mall in San Pedro. Look for Sexy Shop. There used to be one on the south side of Ave 2 shortly before the mall, and there might be one in the mall.

If you get to Jaco check the north end of town on the east side of the road in one of the little strip malls.Thanks. I found the same shop (it's a small chain) in Alajuela at City Mall and holy Moses! The prices of sex toys there is outrageous! Like 2-4 times USA Prices! I guess they have cornered the market and don't do a large volume so they make up for it in price per item! $40 for a small vibrator for example. Can get a better one in the US for $12 or so.

But probably any other shop that sells this type of item would be similarly high due to lack of customers and high import taxes. So the lesson here is: Bring them from the USA!

On a side note both times I went in I was tended to by a super cute and young (maybe 19-22) girl next door type. Pretty hot talking to her about vibrators and such, though I tried not to be too creepy since I am old enough to be her grandfather! LOL.

Yuri B
10-26-17, 22:03
On a side note both times I went in I was tended to by a super cute and young (maybe 19-22) girl next door type. Pretty hot talking to her about vibrators and such, though I tried not to be too creepy since I am old enough to be her grandfather! LOL.So that was the sales-woman, right? I am wondering where would you get a working woman of 19-22 willing to entertain enjoying vibrators in addition to ordinary sexual activities P4 P.

Tom Katt
11-02-17, 02:27
So that was the sales-woman, right? I am wondering where would you get a working woman of 19-22 willing to entertain enjoying vibrators in addition to ordinary sexual activities P4 P.Anywhere they accept money, it ain't so hard.

Gun Ninja
11-27-17, 11:22
Hello,

Any info or intel on the Golfito area in southwestern CR? How are the MPs, prices, etc.

GoldenGreek
12-03-17, 04:29
Hi guys,

A few questions, I'm planning a trip on December 17th - 24th.

I've heard this is a down / slow time. Is that accurate? When does it get slow exactly? Will I have a few days to enjoy myself?

Also, the last and only time I was in CR I was lucky enough to go with a friend of a friend who knew the owners of the Bookmaker offshore sportsbook. We were taken care of big time. Huge house, car with driver / bodyguard, personal cook etc etc, I'm not so lucky this time and will be e on my own. I have read through the last 5-6 pages going back to 2015 but still have a few questions.

I like the beach / water but I understand Jaco is a lot more expensive, is this still the case? What are the "normal" rates at Jaco vs SJ? My previous trip I spent in Jaco and just drove through SJ so I am unfamiliar with SJ. I'm thinking of splitting my time between Jaco and SJ. Thoughts on this?

Also in SJ, what are the massage parlors like? Is FS available?

Are there strip clubs? Do you pay a bar fee for take out or do they have rooms there? Assuming you can play in strip clubs.

Last question is Edwardo49 a tour guide or just a member of the forum?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Pulled Pork
12-04-17, 21:57
Hi guys,

I've heard this is a down / slow time. Is that accurate? When does it get slow exactly? Will I have a few days to enjoy myself?

Also, the last and only time I was in CR I was lucky enough to go with a friend of a friend who knew the owners of the Bookmaker offshore sportsbook. We were taken care of big time. Huge house, car with driver / bodyguard, personal cook etc etc, I'm not so lucky this time and will be e on my own. I have read through the last 5-6 pages going back to 2015 but still have a few questions.I was in San Jose 4 years ago at around this time. I am going back in the next couple of days. All of the massage parlors I went to were FS places and not expensive after paying the house fee and tipping the girl. My to favorites were New Fantasy and Zona II. New Fantasy was really nice even though they put the Tico pricing, where tourist pay more and locals, in your face but it was still very good. I saw a news site that owner got busted for pimping in January so I hope things haven't changed. Zona II was more like a standard sports bar. We caught all of the NFL games there. It, like New Fantasy, has really attractive women, and was a bit more expensive but still cheap by NYC or San Fran standards. Zona II was better IMO.

Jaco is nice but expensive due to Tico pricing. Also, what I remember was limited club life and the hotel with the casino is one of few places to meet women.

The strip clubs in San Jose were expensive but anything goes.

I hope this helps.

Guthrie
12-09-17, 20:32
I was in San Jose 4 years ago at around this time. I am going back in the next couple of days. All of the massage parlors I went to were FS places and not expensive after paying the house fee and tipping the girl. My to favorites were New Fantasy and Zona II. New Fantasy was really nice even though they put the Tico pricing, where tourist pay more and locals, in your face but it was still very good. I saw a news site that owner got busted for pimping in January so I hope things haven't changed. Zona II was more like a standard sports bar. We caught all of the NFL games there. It, like New Fantasy, has really attractive women, and was a bit more expensive but still cheap by NYC or San Fran standards. Zona II was better IMO.

Jaco is nice but expensive due to Tico pricing. Also, what I remember was limited club life and the hotel with the casino is one of few places to meet women.

I hope this helps.Thanks for the input.

Dickhead
12-09-17, 23:55
I was in San Jose 4 years ago at around this time. I am going back in the next couple of days. All of the massage parlors I went to were FS places and not expensive after paying the house fee and tipping the girl. My to favorites were New Fantasy and Zona II. New Fantasy was really nice even though they put the Tico pricing, where tourist pay more and locals, in your face but it was still very good. I saw a news site that owner got busted for pimping in January so I hope things haven't changed. Zona II was more like a standard sports bar. We caught all of the NFL games there. It, like New Fantasy, has really attractive women, and was a bit more expensive but still cheap by NYC or San Fran standards. Zona II was better IMO.

I hope this helps.Please do not listen to this individual as far as what is or is not expensive, since he tips over 100%. I am sure he is a very fine person but he has NO idea. 'Cheap by NYC or SF standards' indeed. Well, until nimrods like this show up.

DaveGave8
12-10-17, 08:14
It's very slow. All the Colombian chicas have went home for the Christmas holiday. We are left with Ticas with multiple kids and pot belly. Very slow here. I went in Del Rey at 10 pm it was maybe 20 girls all average with one 8 and no 10's. A fucking sausage fest.

Hi guys,

Also, the last and only time I was in CR I was lucky enough to go with a friend of a friend who knew the owners of the Bookmaker offshore sportsbook. We were taken care of big time. Huge house, car with driver / bodyguard, personal cook etc etc, I'm not so lucky this time and will be e on my own. I have read through the last 5-6 pages going back to 2015 but still have a few questions.

HarryDubois
12-18-17, 17:51
I am 57, white, American, divorced.

What are my chances of attracting a regular, non-sex worker in her twenties as a girlfriend?

Thanks for your advice!

PirateMorgan
12-18-17, 19:03

What are my chances of attracting a regular, non-sex worker in her twenties as a girlfriend?

Thanks for your advice!If you think that Costa Rica is full of sex workers. You are out of your mind! Costa Rica is not Pattaya or Sosua.

HarryDubois
12-18-17, 19:10
If you think that Costa Rica is full of sex workers. You are out of your mind! Costa Rica is not Pattaya or Sosua.Yes, fine. I am not looking for a sex worker. I am interested in remarrying.

Questner
12-19-17, 04:26

Thanks for your advice!Start living in SJO and after a year you will know the answer yourself. It is possible if you are a good gentleman, can find your niche, respect local culture and can offer your GF proper support.

Coco Des Iles
12-22-17, 23:12
After so many trips to RD and Cuba, I Will be heading for CR for the first time very soon. Will appreciate info on chica friendly affordable hotels un SJ, Jaco and Nicoya península.

Coco Des Iles
12-23-17, 05:31
Yes, my plan are a little bit crazy but arriving to SJ on New Year's from freezing Canada and wishing to get tica's warmth right away. Any suggestion?

Dickhead
12-23-17, 19:02
Yes, fine. I am not looking for a sex worker. I am interested in remarrying.I would rather take a shit and fall backwards than get married again, but if you are looking for a wife, I would not recommend a tica. I would recommend a nica or a chapina. I am assuming you are fluent in Spanish.

TyroneFHornye
12-23-17, 21:43
I've recently read several reports that the Del Rey has been sold and will be renovated and turned into a "family" hotel. Does anyone know if this is true? Most of the stories I've read have been in Spanish and I'm not great with that. If true, I'm sure the girls will go to the nearby bars and clubs as well as Sportsmen's but it would still be a great loss.

Any info from folks who are there now would be appreciated.

Questner
12-24-17, 02:25
Yes, my plan are a little bit crazy but arriving to SJ on New Year's from freezing Canada and wishing to get tica's warmth right away. Any suggestion?HDR. Hotel Del Rey http://www.delreyhotel.com/.