PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Home Page

Admin
09-06-05, 05:39
Thread Starter.

Domino
09-06-05, 06:06
Jackson
I think it is working pretty well and some minor tweaks are all that is needed. The major problem I have is the information to noise ratio. I think

1. dump all posts that quote formerly posted posts in toto. It is a growing and irritating thread for Poster B to quote all of poster A's post when replying. This means we have to wade through extra junk to find out information. On several yahoo and other groups, the moderators do not allow you to quote others in toto as it uses up bandwidth and lowers the information to noise ratio.
2. Philippine FAQs: This was empty for a long time until Domino mentioned it in the Davao thread. Then Junior kindly posted some information. This was followed by several others clapping him on the back, posting rubbish and junking up the FAQ thread. So, taking this one small but relevant example: there are extra, superfluous posts there to be dumped.
3. The purpose of this site is to get information, not to form a lonely hearts' club. There are too many guys chit chatting to each other, making superfluous comments to each other and using up space going nowhere. All the Thai thread senior members on my ignore list fall into this category. The last two people to give relevant information on the Thai thread were Alexander (Other areas, Chiang Mai etc) and Domino. There must be 100 superfluous ones posted there over the last week.
4. Open up a junk thread and when you go through threads for whatever reason, just junk all the rubbish in there. The only point of extra posts should be to give extra information.
5. As regards senior members and your poll (guess you have to test drive the funtionality), yiou omitted one key criterion: the discretion of the moderator.

Country John
09-06-05, 07:04
I love the new format. Nice job.

Country John

Vatel69
09-06-05, 08:30
Jackson,
I do agree with Domino on a few points. I noticed that the Photo Galleries are getting piled up with junkie discussions and useless use of bandwith. Why not open a thread for tech info and useless chit-chat.
As a moderator in a brazilian forum, I know it is a lot of work and pain to moderate. I wonder if you ever thought about letting others help you with moderation. Maybe one moderator per country.
The new lay out looks great. Well done.

Gossy
09-06-05, 09:30
My first post here and I must say that I love the new format. Thanks Jackson :)

Soaring Eagle
09-06-05, 12:48
Jackson,

I prefer the previous sytem rather than the new one, so I hope you'll always keep the link to the previous (old) system handy.

By the way, I appreciate the efforts you have made to get wsg back up and running. It's downloading faster now. Thanks a bundle.

Starfe
09-06-05, 20:02
Jackson,

You nailed it. I have been waiting for this for 1 year now.

Thanks

starfe

Surfer
09-06-05, 21:28
in upperleft corner where there is list of forums the Americanized ColUmbia is used. Please correct that. Other than that looks quite good.

Re Senior member upgrades, I would take a somewhat different approach. Regardless of the number of POSTS, one should be required to have at least one real REPORT! I can try and come up with a definition of REPORT (as opposed to mere posts), but it would require several pages of text which discusses different places to find girls and include a modicum of detail on addresses, prices etc.

Marconista
09-06-05, 22:21
Great new start page.

I hope, when all is running well, you will consider a mirror-site which can be used in middle-east and viewed in offices that need a more anonymus front, similar to wsgforum earlier.

I Like Tacos
09-06-05, 23:54
I might be a gig dumb ass for asking but what happened to the USA section.

Is there a link and I can't see it or is the sight gone for good.

Any help would make me happy!

Thanks

Hi,

The USA Forum is where it's always been:

http://www.usasexguide.info

Thanks,

Jackson

Little Wing
09-07-05, 05:30
The new page looks fine. However, I have a problem. I cannot login unless I first click on the "Forums" button to go to the old page. If I login on the new page I get the "Thank you for loggin in" message, but then I am thrown back into a non-logged-in state.

Do others have this problem?

Little Wing

Cronin
09-08-05, 15:15
Jackson,

I hope I'm one of the first to thank you and heap praise on your new "look".

Wow! It's so cool! I like everything about it! Very professional looking with lots of key info right up front. But yet, it doesn't seem cluttered, very clean and sleek, like a Thai girl coming out of the shower.

And OMIGOD, a photo archive the likes of which I've never seen. I really appreciate that. Blather-free photos, I'm like a pig in clover. That will definately cut down on my bitching at my friends.

The photo thumbnail protocol should relieve some bandwidth. And the sorting option looks very impressive. Yes, I've been here long enough to remember the very first photo gallery you had back in 800 BC. Sorted by month and country. Just a little different now, eh my friend?

Thank you so much for your hard work and excellent site.

Cronin

Marconista
09-08-05, 20:21
wow..

The new "Photo Gallery"-link is just GREAT. Excellent to have a quick view of what happened the last day(s) when away from the forum.

THANK YOU!

Monalisads
09-08-05, 20:49
Excellent improvement with the new format Jackson; congratualtions. It is certainly much more user friendly and most appreciated.

I have some little suggestions I'd like to see included to make it even better:

1. Include a member profile in which member can have an Avatar as well as provide basic details of sex, orientation, age, location, interests etc.

2. Provide the option of being shown when on line or to remain hidden.

3. Allow the enabling of a signature block.

4. Enable and allow HTML formatting

It is hoped you will consider these suggestions and again thanks for the new format.

Mwah,

MonaLisa

Busventinc
09-09-05, 05:22
Hello fellow mongers,

Just wanted to know where are the posts for the states or is it on another forum or is it here thank you very much.

Hi,

Thanks,

Jackson

Concarne
09-10-05, 01:20
I like the new format, pretty cool! Thanks for the hard work!

I have a random question: can my login name be changed? I would like to use the one I have in other boards, I do not think anyone here uses it but for some reason I could not get it when I first sign on aboard.

Thanks! La to Tijuana aka "Concarne"

Hi,

You can change your Username in the User CP.

Thanks,

Jackson

Fun Times69
09-10-05, 10:10
Great new format! Thanks to whoever did the redesign.

I too am wondering were the photo gallery section went. It was really accessible and cool so see action from fellow mongers from all around the planet.

I tend to focus upon a couple of forums in Asia so don't tend to look at the South American forums but judging by the fun and games mongers are recording over there maybe I should change my mind!

Please reinstate the photogallery. For me it was the best single improvement.

Carlos Primeros
09-10-05, 14:06
This format is again an improvement. Well done.

Carlos Primeros

Horney2
09-10-05, 18:34
Hello fellow mongers,

Just wanted to know where are the posts for the states or is it on another forum or is it here thank you very much.

Hi,

Thanks,

JacksonI just tried to go on http://www.usasexguide.info, msg. It said no pages found.

Run Mann
09-11-05, 01:41
Click on the refresh button on the top of your browser, the page is there and working.

I just tried to go on http://www.usasexguide.info, msg. It said no pages found.

Denis
09-11-05, 11:10
Again Jackson, well done , the new look of the forum is great and very user friendly.
If you are looking for a web master job in France, I have a job for you!
(but France is not the paradise for mongering!!)
Cheers
Denis

Erikla
09-11-05, 15:33
Looks nice, a big improvement!

Thanks.

Humsup
09-11-05, 20:41
Hi Jackson,

Just wondering if you have any thought on introducing a points or rep power type system used by other forums i.e. ********. as it seems to add more credibility to posts and respectability to genuine posters.

Cheers.

Little Wing
09-11-05, 21:28
The new page looks fine. However, I have a problem. I cannot login unless I first click on the "Forums" button to go to the old page. If I login on the new page I get the "Thank you for loggin in" message, but then I am thrown back into a non-logged-in state.

OK, I still have this problem. And now I have another one. If I login after clicking on the "Forums" button I cannot access the new Home Page :( Luckily, I can access the forums :)

Hopefully just a few teething issues...

Little Wing

Pee Bee
09-18-05, 01:39
I keep having the same login problems. Every time I view or try and access a new page the system keeps returning me to a non-login state.

This occured before I subscribed and after also. I hope it will be fixed soon because it is becoming frustating.

The usasexguide site is no problem for viewing or navigating.

Hi

Please read http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-loginsolutions.php

Thanks,

Jackson

Road Lover
09-05-06, 18:32
Why dont we havea forum on USA? I cant imagine the lack of interest. Are there someregulatory concerns? THis forum is my virtual global travel bible! And I do feel severalyhandicapped by the lack of coaching relating to the US.

Crypton
09-05-06, 18:44
Why dont we havea forum on USA? I cant imagine the lack of interest. Are there someregulatory concerns? THis forum is my virtual global travel bible! And I do feel severalyhandicapped by the lack of coaching relating to the US.

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.usasexguide.info/

There are separate forums for USA and Argentina; all other countries are in this forum.

John Auro
07-02-12, 09:09
http://forum.cityxguide.com/topic/ethiopia/page/21