PDA

View Full Version : Lima - Hotel Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admin
01-01-05, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Shamas
10-05-05, 05:11
From looking at the web sites Las Palmas looks to be an excellent deal.

One thing that usually bothers me with economy hotels, they have very hard beds. I see where LP advertises orthopedic beds. I'm hoping that means semi firm.

I'll find out

Shamas

Surfer
10-05-05, 23:34
is David's bachelor pad, but getting reservations is well nigh impossible!

K11
10-13-05, 06:56
This is a five star place that costs about $200 per night as it's rack rate.

I was there for 32 nights from mid August to mid September. I arrived at 2 AM and I did not book in advance. I just went to the place and negotiated this rate. I paid $54 per night including all taxes and breakfast. Nothing in my opinion can compare to this deal anywhere else in Lima.

XXL
10-13-05, 18:37
I paid $54 per night including all taxes and breakfast. Nothing in my opinion can compare to this deal anywhere else in Lima.

I suppose you had the basic room (Suite Superior). 54 dollars is still below the monthly corporate rate (65 dollars).

But you're right, the hotel is superb and when I was there in November they had a gorgeous receptionist. She didn't look very accessible though, but that made her even more of a goddess.

Las Américas are a Peruvian chain of hotels. It means they do not constitute a likely El Quaeda target and their prices are less likely to get pushed up by the international business traveller. Service is efficient but extremely discreet. There's nothing I hate more than obtrusive service. At Apart Hotel Las Américas, you could hang up the "no molestar" sign outside your door and die in your room, you would be bones before they found you.

Screwed Up
10-16-05, 22:05
i didn´t stay here but checked out the rooms:
www.nidoinn.com
walking distance from parque kennedy. white rooms.
they have a livingroom area with kitchen and dvd player with projector. everything is white.
the staff was really friendly. more friendly than las palmas and maria luisa.
they claim to have high-speed internet access in all rooms.

Lima Busy
10-17-05, 03:31
I talked about the Nido inn a few months ago, before we got the hotel site.
My friend is best friends with the owner (peruvian american). It is brand new the rooms are small but really nice. They get $45 for a normal room (with internet/cable/air/queen bed and $70 for the jacuzzi suite on the top floor. I made a deal with the guy for $35 for mongers and no chica fee's or hassle's, but alas no one was interested, so I just let it go. I think there are only 12 rooms and the owners son has a habit of staying in the penthouse partying for months at a time. They had a small bar and a restaurant on the second floor which would have been a great set up for a "blue marlin" type of deal. It has that "NYC"/ "Miamibeach" botique vibe.

LB

Screwed Up
10-17-05, 04:56
I think it´s even cheaper now. They quoted me $30 per day for a 2 weeks stay. But I was just looking around, so I said, ok thank you. And when I wanted to leave they asked me how much I wanted to pay...

Hoof Hunter
10-17-05, 06:49
I missed your initial post on this when I was down there a few months ago. It seems like this place is located down the street from Pub Cubana, no? Wish I had known, I would've checked it out myself.

Quick questions for you:

- Since you mentioned this months' ago, can you do another price check for us mongers? Screwed Up just said it might be cheaper now.

- Do they have more than jacuzzi suite on premises? One of the great things about Maria Luisa and a personal draw for me is getting a jacuzzi suite for 140 soles (apprx. $ 43USD) incl. taxes, and calling the hotel to have them start the jacuzzi a few minutes before arriving back at the hotel with my conquest for the night.

Again, great info. I may check it out next time down.

Hoof

I talked about the Nido inn a few months ago, before we got the hotel site.
My friend is best friends with the owner (peruvian american). It is brand new the rooms are small but really nice. They get $45 for a normal room (with internet/cable/air/queen bed and $70 for the jacuzzi suite on the top floor. I made a deal with the guy for $35 for mongers and no chica fee's or hassle's, but alas no one was interested, so I just let it go. I think there are only 12 rooms and the owners son has a habit of staying in the penthouse partying for months at a time. They had a small bar and a restaurant on the second floor which would have been a great set up for a "blue marlin" type of deal. It has that "NYC"/ "Miamibeach" botique vibe.

LB

Jaimito Cartero
10-22-05, 04:45
I have not had a chance to talk to my friend about the Nido's prices, but I trust screwedup and assume the $30 price stands for two weeks or more and probably $35 for a few nights.

I emailed them earlier to ask about semi-longterm rates and haven't gotten a response.

ElKarl
10-24-05, 15:49
Hi, I'll be travelling to Lima at the beginning of 2006 and I'd like to know if anyonehas some advaice as to which hotel or apartment is better for my choice. I was thinking about hotel laspalmas or looking into mini apartment capler (barrioperu.terra.com.pe/minideptoscapler/). I have some problems with my knees so I won't do too much going out... I'll have all the chiks coming to my place so I'd like something low profile, I thought about las palmas but I my feel a bit embarrased about having a lot of chiks coming to my place not going out at all). Also since I don't plan to go out I'd would like a place that would allow food delivery. A hotel souns ok but are apartments usually safe in lima?. Spanish won't be a problem since I speak it.

Also, if anybody needs any info while I stay in Lima, just let me know. Hope to be of some help.

Later guys and hope somebody has some insights about this.

Later..

Lima Busy
10-24-05, 17:19
Welcome to Lima. Although the Las Palmas might fill your needs, the rooms are small and quite noisy. I personally think you should opt for the apt. or a suite over at the Maria Luisa. No problem with having Chica's come by and visit you with most hotels but I am not entirely sure about the Calpers apts.
also should not be a problem with the food being delivered. As you speak Spanish I would go over to the Perutops site to read the reports on the various Chicas you want to have visit you. I hope you have a great stay!

LB

Lima Busy
10-24-05, 18:32
While I personally would never stay in these "fleabag" $20-$40 a night hotels alot of mongers use, there are alot of great hotels here for $100 or less. One good option is to book one room at Las Palmas and the other a block away at Las Americas, that way you do not have to worry about getting ripped off, or the Chicas coming over unannounced,which eventually happens to all of us.

If you are staying 2 weeks or more you could easily do it for under $100 per night. Before I got my shag apartment my buddy and I used to keep a permanent room in a hostal nearby to use whenever we needed for $1.50 a day. It was also good to have for that occasional chica looking for a sponsor.

Before my partners purchased their time shares they used the Las Americas suites over by "Calle Pizza's". They have 5 other locations around the city. It is a great value compared to the Marriott with prices starting about $90 per day. If you are staying for a few weeks they give substancial discounts. http://www.hoteleslasamericas.com/.

If you are into Black Jack then you might want to try staying at the Best Western "La Hacienda". They have 4 tables at $3 and $5 and only play with 3 decks.

If you are a craps player you only have about 3 choices in Lima The Marriott in Miraflores and the Hotel Los Delpines in San Isidro and one other I have heard about but never been to.

Be aware that most hotel prices do not include 19% IGV and 10% service charges. If you are a foriegner staying for less than 90 days "YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM THE IGV TAX". Make sure it is not on there when you pay your bill. You do have to pay it in most restaurants and stores.

LB

Jaimito Cartero
11-03-05, 08:57
Here´s the room I stayed at my first night in Lima this trip. If you want to sleep during the day, good luck, as the curtains are not good for blocking any light.

Not a horrible room in the least, but the bed is so-so, and I´d take the Maria Luisa´s $50 soles room in a second over the Las Palmas one shown here.

Shamas
11-14-05, 06:12
http://www.peru-hotels.com/lima.htm

Shamas
11-15-05, 07:12
The yellow pages sure are a help, even with my poor spanish.

To everyone who has posted, Thanks, your help is very much appreciated.

I have sent out a few more requests for room rates for my upcoming stay. As a last resort I'll confirm for my 1st night then go to a few of the places and see how good of a deal I can work out.

Thanks again

Shamas O'D

ElKarl
11-15-05, 15:06
Does anybody have ever stayed at the perustar hotel - apartment in Lima? I e-mailed them and they told me that they had apartments that are detached from their main lobby, meaning that they are completly independent with their own entrance, so I don't have to have the chicks going to the lobby all the time, which I plan to have a lot of them coming to my room. Has anybody expercienced this place in the past or can anybody check it out if possible?

Thank you guys.

Later

Lima Busy
11-15-05, 15:34
I and a few other guys have stayed at the Perustar. Very nice people I would have to say. If you get one of the rooms/apts around back by the pool you do not have to walk thru the lobby, but you will have to stop to pickup your key. I stayed there with my girlfriend for a month, The owner is never there at night so if you get in good with the night MGR (a chica)you probably won't have problems. oh yeah! hot water can be a problem but you can have internet in your room!

LB

Locoman
11-19-05, 06:47
Folks,

For 40$ US, you have a very nice room in a good hotel called La Torreblanca (www.torreblancaperu.com). It's located near the malecon, not very far from Parque Kennedy (10 min. walk) in Miraflores.

Quiet place, little restaurant, free internet (wireless in some rooms).

The staff is cool and girl friendly. Every night I'd come back to the hotel with chicas, they would smile, and ask if I have my key!

You've got to love a place like that.

Suerte,

Locoman

RoadGlide
11-19-05, 21:48
Is there a bed and breakfast type place in Lima like the Mansion in Medellin?

Tundra767
11-19-05, 22:03
Going down to Lima for my first time next week staying at the Sheraton. Anything good to do in the area? I figured as it was my first trip go with something I know and explore options for the future.

Dick Rambone
11-20-05, 01:21
Take a taxi and go to the Trocadero. Tell the taxi driver to take you all the way in. Taxis are cheap in Lima. Plenty around in the Sheraton. Try the Pisco Sour at the hotel.

Dick

Jaimito Cartero
11-20-05, 01:54
Take a taxi and go to the Trocadero. Tell the taxi driver to take you all the way in. Taxis are cheap in Lima. Plenty around in the Sheraton. Try the Pisco Sour at the hotel.

Dick

Yeah, but you have to FIND a taxi that knows where it is. The first time I tried to go in April, they took me to Las Cucardas. This last time, they tried the same thing, and I wouldn't put up with it.

Shamas
11-26-05, 03:04
as reported by many the maria luisa is a very good deal. you do have to respect the posting from jc who reported some cash disappeared from his room and rep001 told me he had moved out and forgot a power cord and adaptor, called back to the hotel but it was never located.

i´ve been here for 5 nights and my only complaint is the same mf sets off his auto alarm at 10am every pharking day. i don¨t leave and cash out and if i do leave any in the room it´s hidden. i´ve put markers on my closet and no one has opened it whilé i´ve been gone, so far so safe.

when i first got here i didn´t know my way around, all i knew was hotel las palmas was at the foot of pizza alley. well maria luisa is just a one minute walk to tequila rocks and flying dog which are at the far end of pizza alley. pizza alley isn´t all that long and easy stroll, less than 10 minutes.

jc also reported how close many good eating places are.

shamas o¨dognasty

Jaimito Cartero
11-26-05, 10:50
I´ve been here for 5 nights and my only complaint is the same MF sets off his auto alarm at 10am every Pharking day. I don¨t leave and cash out and if I do leave any in the room it´s hidden. I´ve put markers on my closet and no one has opened it whilé I´ve been gone, so far so safe.

Yeah, if you're near the back, it can be a little noisy. None of my money was out in the open, but the stuff that was taken was not well hidden. Considering that only 2/5 of the hidden cash was taken, I guess I didn't come out too bad.

I hope you do mention about the lock boxes or safes in room. I think if everyone asks for them, or mentions the problems, that will spur them into getting something.

Suave Gato
11-28-05, 17:38
I travel to SA quite often as Peru is on my list of possible settling down locations. When I travel comfort and service are my priorites as a good sleep is priceless. I have found that the three best hotels in Lima for service/price/location in reverse order are :

Swissotel- San Isidro, very few chains are as efficient as a swiss run hotel.
Country Club-San Isidro, Old world charm,great service and GOLF!!!!

Park Plaza- Miraflores. This is part of the Orient-Express chain that operates some of the worlds best trains,hotels,resturants. At first glance you might be put off by $365.00 a night rack rate but last time I was there I was able to get $170 a night for ocean front executive,which is less than that Marriott. It is located in the quietest and best neighborhood in Miraflores and will literally "impress the pants off" your upper end dates. I have never had a problem bringing a well dressed women back and on ocassion I have had some of the "fitness" girls come over.

If you are travelling in Peru they also have the "Monasterio" in Cuzco, "Sanctuary" in macchu picchu and I believe a jungle lodge in the amazonas.

In the peruvian cities they do not operate I have found the "Libertador" chain to be fairly good.

ALP

R Brandon
12-03-05, 19:56
I have seen lots of recent reviews mostly good for Hotel Pacifico in Miraflores on perutops.Does anyone here know anything about it. It looks nice for the price from thier website.I plan to stay somewhere in the $20 to $25 price range May even stay in more than one part of town during the trip as I want to explore the scene beyond Miraflores.Rbrandon(rbc100)

Surferjoe
12-04-05, 01:36
I have seen lots of recent reviews mostly good for Hotel Pacifico in Miraflores on perutops.Does anyone here know anything about it. It looks nice for the price from thier website.I plan to stay somewhere in the $20 to $25 price range May even stay in more than one part of town during the trip as I want to explore the scene beyond Miraflores.Rbrandon(rbc100)When I was in Peru last year, I didn't find anyplace for sub $25 that I'd sleep in. However, the San Martin Hotel in Miraflores was $35 a night and it was awesome. It was more like an apartment.. with 4 different rooms. Then a hotel room. I highly recommend it.

Dutchman
12-24-05, 03:53
Get 60 soles a night. Nice and clean enough for 60 soles. No A/C, only electric fan. Climate is cool enough without an A/C. They have now "safebox". You bring up when you chek-in, and bring down back in reception when you check-out. Electronic 4 or 8 digit code. Pitty is the night shift clerk is leaving. She finds a better job somewhere else.

Dutchman

Zing23
12-24-05, 14:55
I have read the hotel thread and most of the other Peru threads in prep for a trip to Peru in April to do the Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu.

My wife will be coming with me, but won't be doing the trek. So I will need to go for a 2 hour conditioning hike every afternoon, allowing time for some mongering.

I have to find really nice places for the wife to stay. Based on suggestions here, I had picked the Miraflores Park hotel. Most expensive. Best reviews on travel web sites. But a remote location in Miraflores.

After reading this thread carefully and looking at maps of Miraflores on various hotel web sites (this one is good (http://www.hoteleslasamericas.com/mapa_miraflores.pdf)), I selected a suite with king bed at the the Los Americas Suites near Calle Pizza. Half the price of the Park, but still expensive by Lima standards and I assume the suites will be very nice. Any comments?

If I go out for my "conditioning hike" from 3pm to 5pm each day, I think I can find SW and motel d'amore in the area. Or I could catch a taxi to Cucardas (how long to get there and back?) Are there any private casas in that area of Miraflores, as in Argentina or Columbia? My only previous experience is with the legal brothels in St Maarten, which are great fun, but tame (may not prepare me for a big Latin city like Lima)!

Thanks for any help. I will be sure to report on how this works after the trip.

Zing

Jaimito Cartero
12-24-05, 18:01
They have now "safebox". You bring up when you chek-in, and bring down back in reception when you check-out. Electronic 4 or 8 digit code.

That is good to hear about. At least my misfortune will bring some improvement to others staying at the hotel.

Jaimito Cartero
12-24-05, 18:05
If I go out for my "conditioning hike" from 3pm to 5pm each day, I think I can find SW and motel d'amore in the area. Or I could catch a taxi to Cucardas (how long to get there and back?) Are there any private casas in that area of Miraflores, as in Argentina or Columbia? My only previous experience is with the legal brothels in St Maarten, which are great fun, but tame (may not prepare me for a big Latin city like Lima)!

I'm a novice at Lima myself, but I think that Cucardas might be cutting it close since you will be dealing with some rush hour traffic. I think you could go to Relax y Vida easily in that time frame (I'd make reservations if you want someone specific). Not sure on the streetwalker angle, but I'm sure there are some around. You could find a love hotel, or the Maria Luisa or such.

Lima Busy
12-24-05, 19:39
I have read the hotel thread and most of the other Peru threads in prep for a trip to Peru in April to do the Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu.

My wife will be coming with me, but won't be doing the trek. So I will need to go for a 2 hour conditioning hike every afternoon, allowing time for some mongering.

I have to find really nice places for the wife to stay. Based on suggestions here, I had picked the Miraflores Park hotel. Most expensive. Best reviews on travel web sites. But a remote location in Miraflores.

After reading this thread carefully and looking at maps of Miraflores on various hotel web sites (this one is good (http://www.hoteleslasamericas.com/mapa_miraflores.pdf)), I selected a suite with king bed at the the Los Americas Suites near Calle Pizza. Half the price of the Park, but still expensive by Lima standards and I assume the suites will be very nice. Any comments?

Thanks for any help. I will be sure to report on how this works after the trip.

Zing

Zing,
I may be able to help you in a number of aspects. Check out VRBO.com #76914 and PM me if you are interested. My wife is a excellent english speaking hostess and can show yours around while you are trekking!

In the alternative. I think you will be happy in the Las Americas as it is close to alot of great restaurants/theater/movies/bars. Do not know how many "training day's you will need but I think you would be better off with appointments with a chica in her own apartment from" Placeresdeperu" or "Nenasperu" they normally work 10-10 some are located in Miraflores others are very close by 10-15 min cab ride and you will not have to worry about running into a Callepizza chica later on when strolling with the wife. Also many chica's advertise in El Comercio and you can have them come to the ML hotel ($15) which is no more than a 6-7 min walk from your hotel but out of the way so your spouse will never pass by it.

LB

Latina Passion
12-25-05, 04:47
10 to 15 minutes from Pizza Alley in Miraflores, this place is great away from the noise and last time I was there 100% Chica friendly! Around $35 a night and they give cash discounts! WWW.PeruStar.com My bad the area is San Isidro not Miraflores!

Suave Gato
01-02-06, 04:09
www.casabarca.com, This is a great little hotel with a pool close to Lima in Punta Hermosa. I used it to bring a chica too for a really nice few days. It is right on the beach, has cable and wireless internet. A oceanfront room for two with breakfast was only like $56.00 a night. It is a great alternative to the 3.5 hour drive to Paracas

Alpine prince

Dave_Far
01-03-06, 08:57
Anyone know of some cheap good hostels and if there is a general backpacker area or is it spread out in Lima?

Lima Busy
01-04-06, 14:40
Dave,
There are hundreds within Lima and yes they are spread out. The prices are fairly reasonable from about $5-$10 a night. If you are a youngster you might want to stay in Barranco.

Artisttyp
01-04-06, 19:11
Dave,

There is an enexpensive hostel right above the irish bar across the street from parque kennedy in miraflores.The name has something to do with monkey like hostel monkey/animal etc. Someone like lima busy can direct you to the irish bar.Sorry I dont have an exact name.
I met someone who was staying there and said they were paying $10 a night for $20 you could be in the maria luisa.When I stayed there I put furniture in front of the door at night and felt safe.

Suave Gato
01-04-06, 20:30
on my last trip to lima i rented lb’s penthouse apartment. this is a 2 bedroom, 3 bathrooms, 1700 sq.ft apartment on the 15th&16th floors of a new building located 2 blocks away from park kennedy in central miraflores. included in the price of $700 for the week were airport pickup and the use of a prepaid cell phone and secure indoor parking.

the benefits of renting an apartment over a hotel have been discussed in numerous forums and in the end is a personal decision. here are my thoughts and opinions:

positives:
price- obviously a two bedroom suite in one of the better hotels would be significantly more.no advance deposit or security deposit were required. i do not know if this is lb’s normal policy or not?

location- ideal location within walking distances of most of the areas prime attractions. high floor and prohibition of micros make the apartment fairly quiet.

service-lb and his wife went well beyond what i would normally expect. (see recent fr in lima section).

surroundings-first class fully equipped kitchen/dining room. leather couches/sony 30” flat screen w/home theatre. high speed internet.

highlight- definitely that terrace!

negatives:
no a/c- although there is a constant ocean breeze.

no safe- as i was there alone i could lock everything in the spare bedroom, but in reality it needs 1 safe per bedroom.

noise- i prefer the top floor wherever i stay. on several occasions there were loud parties going on below me that were disturbing.

no jacuzzi- a outdoor jacuzzi would definitely be primo!

overall, i would not hesitate staying again and am planning to book the end of jan.

Lima Busy
01-04-06, 21:25
Do not know about a Irish bar by park kennedy. I think you are talking about the "flying dog" which is a "tapas bar" and also has a hostal by the same name above it. The best looking hostal I have ever seen is the "BellaVista" on Bellavista behind Calle Pizzas. If you are looking for chica friendly you have to pay extra to have a private room and might as well stay at the ML!

LB

Pinga
01-14-06, 05:23
Four years ago, I stayed at the Sol de Oro Suites on Calle San Martin, two blocks from Av. Larco. I contacted directly and was able to get a jr.suite that had a kitchenette,living room with queen sofabed,two bathrooms ,dining room, desktop computer with broadband internet for $78 a night. This also included a breakfast buffet and use of rooftop gym with pool and jacuzzi. Deals are there to be made.

Suave Gato
01-15-06, 00:42
This hotel is very nice and it's location is great. It is a easy (and safe) walk to 443/La Cubata/Phuket. Great but expensive restaurant across the street. It is on a Cul de Sac so rooms on the side get no traffic at night.

Johnny Drama
03-03-06, 03:21
Havent found anything on the board regarding this hotel, and wanted to know if anyone has stayed here, and their thoughts on facilities, girl friendly, etc? Their website shows 75 plus tax for a double, and orbitz is selling the same room for 35.00, should I be worried? Does anyone have any experience using orbitz with small foreign hotels?

Thanks

Drama

Lima Busy
03-03-06, 16:12
I personally never heard of this place and think your money is better spent elsewhere. Generally I have read on the travel websites that orbitz is not the way to go. When i first started travelling here I always booked direct with the hotels over the internet. I suggest you try one of the hotels mentioned here. Sol d' Oro where some people have stayed is a great location as well as the Nido.

Bysa003
03-25-06, 19:07
I will be visiting Lima for 3 days on April 14th. I have been to Peru before (Cuzco and the area) but never to Lima.

Can someone give me please some adviseon:
- what are a "must-sees" in Lima
- what is the best places to meet the ladies (spas/bars/club - etc)
- I have made a reservation in "Hotel Las Palmas". Is it a chicka-friendly place?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

bysa

Lima Busy
04-04-06, 18:57
A couple of Mongers just left my apartment and told me they had friends staying
at the above mentioned hotel. They have instituted a "no guests" policy which is starting to become more common.

LB

Zing23
04-26-06, 16:15
Two weeks ago my wife and I stayed in the penthouse apartment that Lima Busy rents in Miraflores. Here is my review:

Location: excellent. about halfway between the sea and parque kennedy/pizza alley on the road that runs from the park to the sea. Easy walk to most things in Miraflores. Safe neighboorhood. Security guards in front of most businesses - they communicate with clickers and whistles to keep track of everything that is happening on the street and sidewalk.

Amenities: fully equipped, new, modern apartment with rooftop deck. Has a safe now. Good security - doorman 24 hours. queen size bed was comfortable.

Price: I think we paid $130 US per night for the two of us, but there are 3 bedrooms so a small group might find this cheaper than a nice hotel like the Las Americas in the same area.

Girl Friendly: I presume so, but did not find out. I would suggest a bit of discretion. This was not a mongerer's building, but a regular apartment building - the few tenants we met might have been a bit startled by a half-nude girl and a drunken gringo in the elevator with them.

During my one free afternoon, LB took me over to Relax y Vida for a massage and "treatment" - thanks! It was a new experience for me: excellent massage from Jasmin, blending seemlessly into nude GF experience that included everything possible except sexual intercourse. Lasted about 1.25 hours I think. I gave her $10 US (s./33) on top of the fixed fee to the house (s./70 i think?), and she seemed happy.

Overall impression of Lima and Peru: great country, friendly people, excellent restaurants and people watching. Much more lively, cleaned up and bustling than when I lasted visited in 1966 (it seemed dusty and sleepy and dirty to me at that time - of course they had some really bad years in between!) The Inca Trail is much more difficult than most people think!

My novice Spanish that I have been developing with the Columbianas in St Maarten for 6 months worked fine in Peru - just remember that you kiss once on the right cheek when greeting a girl, not both cheeks as in France, etc.

-zing

Eric7
04-29-06, 14:27
Hey everybody.

What's the general opinion on the above mentioned hotels.
I know they are both in the same general price range, same basic ammenities,
but location-wise...any preferences?
Going to be therefor approx 4-6 days.
Are they cash only or do they accept credit cards.?

Thanks for any feed-back

eric7

Hoof Hunter
04-29-06, 17:27
Hey everybody.

What's the general opinion on the above mentioned hotels.
I know they are both in the same general price range, same basic ammenities,
but location-wise...any preferences?
Going to be therefor approx 4-6 days.
Are they cash only or do they accept credit cards.?

Thanks for any feed-back

eric7

Maria Luisa has better prices, rooms are in better shape, located in a less-noisy environment (as Las Palmas is about 50 meters from Pizza Alley), jacuzzi suites for 140 soles (approx. $40), hot water, no A/C, security, breakfast and lunch available, located one block off of Av. Larco, cash only, monger-friendly - but only one chicas allowed up at a time.

Las Palmas also has decent prices, accepts credit cards, guest-friendly, located behind Pizza Alley, hot water, security, plenty of restaurants available. I did find the rooms pretty worn-down, incl. the jacuzzi suite that I saw.

Personally, between the two options, I prefer Hotel Maria Luisa. For 4-6 days, I'd get a senior suite.

Suerte.

R Brandon
04-30-06, 01:30
I have personally only stayed at Maria Luisa but most reviews I have seen rate it a bit ahead of Las Palamas. I stayed there my first trip to Lima in Feburary and was well pleased. Freindly staff ,good secuity, clean and comfortable. I had a junior suite for $26 per night that was very adequate. No taxes if you pay cash.rbc100

Eric7
05-01-06, 00:01
Thanks for everybody's input. Much appreciated.

eric7

Polvo
05-17-06, 08:52
sol d' oro where some people have stayed is a great location as well as the nido.the sol d'oro is a good hotel, clean, hi-speed internet, quite good late night food plus chica friendly. if you come in the front with her and have only booked a "single" they ask for id. i used to fill in two cards (one fictitious name) and then they left me alone (who dares wins). or, if you have a car the elevator from the garage takes you and third party directly to your room.

one note though, just recently many of the hotels have been clamping down on businessman using the "tourist" rate and many have implemented a three day policy. if you are a tourist on a package you are fine, otherwise if you stay more than three days be prepared to argue the rate!

polvo

Munch Lunch
05-18-06, 03:52
Hermanos de la Leche,
This is slightly off topic. I only get to Lima about once a year on business, but generally use a Spanish language monger web site in Lima. There, the "Queens" hotel gets good very reviews, but it's more of a place to go for a stag party with a prosti or just take a dance/bar girl there for a bang, bang. It is in an older part of town (think unsafe steets at night), very close to the strip bars (think plenty of cinical, beautiful chicas ready to part you from your money), and a maid staff cleaning day and night (think hot sheets and short term stays.)

I have not personally yet stayed there, but I have Latin American friends who have and they speak very highly of it, i. e. clean, cheap and safe in the hotel itself. When I do stay there, I will only take a bag of condoms and a woman; nothing of value.

If you are comfortable in a place only frequented by the locals and all Spanish speaking, you might like this. Don't mistake this for a recommendation. Take it as more of a dare. If you get there before I do, please report in here. Here is the address:
Nombre: Queens
Teléfono: 471-3079
Ubicación: Carlos Villarán 965, Santa Catalina, en La Victoria (altura de la cuadra 3 de la Av. Nicolás Arriola, a dos cuadras de la Av. Javier Prado).
Happy Mongering,
M.L.

Johnny West
05-31-06, 00:43
Checked in to this hotel last night. Great room for 30 bucks. Pretty decent spa. Definitely guest friendly. Got barely an acknowledgement from the desk clerk last night when I came in with a girl from Emmanuelles. And she looked like a hooker. Unfortunately, the savings on the room is offset by cab fares. When I asked where I could find a place for dinner and an ATM at around 10:00, the clerk pointed to the Park de Kennedy area of Miraflores on the map. Lots of buses going by but with my four days of Lima experience, I don't think I am quite ready for that. $12 a day for internet. Didn't see any cyber cafe's in the neigborhood.

Av El Ejercito # 1147, San Isidro
264-0884

Lima Busy
05-31-06, 04:14
Checked in to this hotel last night. Great room for 30 bucks. Pretty decent spa. Definitely guest friendly. Got barely an acknowledgement from the desk clerk last night when I came in with a girl from Emmanuelles. And she looked like a hooker. Unfortunately, the savings on the room is offset by cab fares. When I asked where I could find a place for dinner and an ATM at around 10:00, the clerk pointed to the Park de Kennedy area of Miraflores on the map. Lots of buses going by but with my four days of Lima experience, I don't think I am quite ready for that. $12 a day for internet. Didn't see any cyber cafe's in the neigborhood.

Av El Ejercito # 1147, San Isidro
264-0884
You should have checked the board first, you are in the middle of nowhere at Inkari suites.
LB

Johnny West
06-01-06, 00:04
Yes, I have discovered some decent cafe's nearby and the internet place I am in now. But it is no place to be if you just want to fall out of the door and find something to do.

Stayed in Miraflores last week at the Maria Luisa and wanted to try something different. The room is a lot better but the area is a little too different. You can smell the beach but I have no idea how to get there from here. Maybe hang gliding. I would have to say that the Maria Luisa is the overall better value.

Lima Busy
06-01-06, 03:09
You can smell the beach but I have no idea how to get there from here.
Go out the front door and keep walking straight until you fall off the cliff!

If you are into "Emanualles" "peppers" "Eclispe"etc. you might want to find a place over in San Isidro within walking or 3 sole cab fare, you will have more time with your chica.
LB

Polvo
06-05-06, 00:31
I had the luck to rent LB's apartment in one of the few vacant days he had, as well as the privelege of meeting the man. Rumors are not true, he is in fact a gentleman with a kind heart and a beautiful wife. LB, my thanks and gratitude.

Location: Right in the middle of the action. Larco straight ahead, Cafe Z and Parque Kennedy to the left, Larco Marr to the right. Even falling over, it is quite easy to navigate too.

Amenities: Brilliant. An absolute gem - good equipment, very comfortable and a certain feng-shui element added. Rooftop terrace is superb, you can have a barbecue and goggle the scenery while practising doggie. You cannot be more comfortable anywhere, and really impresses the chicas, especially if you use the torches (american) at night.

Price: As advertised

Girl Friendly: This is not a monger's building, but a regular apartment building - so please use common-sense. Look after the doormen and they will look after you. The dollar still buys a lot of blindness and other assistance.

Notes: Please do not rent - I want to stay there again sometime and you ba*t*rds keep filling up the diary.

Polvo

Gringo Loco #2
06-06-06, 23:55
I had the luck to rent LB's apartment ....

Price: As advertised

PolvoLB,

Any chance of getting the Apt in August? Price? Thanks!

Kalato
06-23-06, 16:36
I am renting for a week June 25 to July 3. somebody wants to split? this apt. is located in Javier prado, close to the Jockey Plaza mall

Suave Gato
07-12-06, 02:47
LB,
I was disapointed you were booked last trip down, thought you could of "bumped" another monger for one of your amigo's..Ja Ja!

Anyway, I wanted to know how mid-september looked? I am thinking of coming down for 10 day's and grabbing a girl to do Cusco or Arequippa for a few days, what do you think?

SG

Lima Busy
07-12-06, 20:10
LB,
I was disapointed you were booked last trip down, thought you could of "bumped" another monger for one of your amigo's..Ja Ja!

Anyway, I wanted to know how mid-september looked? I am thinking of coming down for 10 day's and grabbing a girl to do Cusco or Arequippa for a few days, what do you think?

SG
SG,
Right now September is wide open, actually August is open as well! The weather in the sierra has been colder than normal and Lima has been sunnier than normal. If you are taking a chica and do not want Paracas (Sept iffy) I would do Arequippa and save Cusco for a MP trip with someone you want to share with.

This is becoming more common with the guys coming down, so this is what I propose:

Book the 10 days at the weekly rate $775 instead of the daily rate of $130 and book your flight to either city in the middle of the trip. I will let you use the place for storage and the safe while you are gone and you can take the key's and cell phone on your trip so you do not have to check in and out again.

LB

Lima Busy
07-18-06, 21:24
September 9-22 is now booked but is available the rest of Sept at the normal rates.

Monger Special!

For the month of August 2006 you can rent my 1700 sq ft Ocean view Penthouse for only $45.00pp per night. This rate is based on double occupancy, for stays of 5 nights or longer. If you are a newbie to Lima, I can arrange secure airport pickup and tours to all of Lima’s top attractions. Why not sample some of Lima’s top rated and bargain priced talent! PM me for details and date availability.

Suerte,
LB

Que Ladilla
07-20-06, 06:40
It took less than 24 hours from the moment of initial contact until I received confirmation from LB that he received my deposit for his penthouse. Most of that time was taken by me finalizing my flight plans. This is in contrast with the slow, incomplete responses, shifting availabilities, etc. that I experienced with two of the Cartagena agents. I know that they are very busy and that many people active on this board have been satisfied with them. But customer service is customer service and this was my experience.

Thanks LB!

Jaimito Cartero
07-20-06, 07:43
For the month of August 2006 you can rent my 1700 sq ft Ocean view Penthouse for only $45.00pp per night.

Now that would be $45 US, payable in Peruvian Panocha? If you have a rate of $90 per day, I think it's much clearer to post that, instead of a per person rate. If you really charge $45 per person, and you have 5 people, then that's important to know as well.

There are very few areas of the world where pricing for a hotel room is done per person. (Personally, I've only run into it in Japan, Costa Rica and a B & B in London, except for when you have more than 4 people in a room. )

I'm sure that your penthouse is worth $90 per night, but I think you need to be a bit more clear in your pricing, so that people don't get confused.

Polvo
07-20-06, 08:57
I'm sure that your penthouse is worth $90 per night, but I think you need to be a bit more clear in your pricing, so that people don't get confused.I'm there now at a much higher rate and it is worth every cent.

Will you bastards please stop booking this place, you are spoiling my fun!

Polvo

Lima Busy
07-20-06, 19:28
When you advertise on a public forum like ISG, you open yourself up to criticism and rightly so.

JC’s comment regarding confusing pricing obviously has merit. Although it is a 3 bedroom only two bedrooms are apropriate for “mongers”. The normal or advertised price for the apartment is as follows:
Daily (3 night min) Weekly
$130.00 $775.00
This is based on a maximum of 5 people.

Generally it is booked solid at the above rate, but for some reason August is wide open?
For this reason I offered it up to the board members for August only at $90.00 per night with a 5 night minimum. I also have given a further discount for a longer stay!

Value is a relative term and I understand that this place is not for everyone. So lets leave it at that!

For you ML fans the “chino” has raised prices and it is now 60 soles a night. Also “Menu” fans will be disappointed to here that “Sophis” has been closed for two weeks!

Regards,
LB

Que Ladilla
08-09-06, 22:38
I recently stayed in Lima Busy’s Miraflores apartment and found it to be an excellent value for the following reasons:

1. It does not have a mongering feel. The apartment is tastefully decorated in a manner that one could expect from a single male. You can make a girl, pro or non-pro, feel special there. The highlight for me was the living room with its sound system and massive leather couch, a perfect setting to romance your chica. In a warmer season, the terrace would be enjoyable as well.

2. It is located in a very safe area (can walk alone 24/7) central to nightlife, shopping, dining, cafes, and impulsive late-night runs to Tequila Rock.

3. With only a doorman watching the comings and goings, it is discreet. I didn’t get the stinkeye from anyone and found the residents to be friendly when I was passing through by myself.

4. LB is happy to share his extensive knowledge of Lima with you.

While you can find cheaper, clean, chica-friendly hotels nearby (I stayed in one for one night that was a bed and a bathroom for $45, can’t remember the name), I highly recommend the penthouse if you’re looking for more.

Polvo
08-10-06, 13:56
While you can find cheaper, clean, chica-friendly hotels nearby (I stayed in one for one night that was a bed and a bathroom for $45, can’t remember the name), I highly recommend the penthouse if you’re looking for more.The hotel was The Nido, Quadra 2, Calle San Martin, Miraflores (corner with Porta). And, according to a Canadian friend of mine, there is a "ring" of chicas operating there. Trying to find out the identities and numbers. One was the "alleged" Emily from ChicasTops (http://www.chicastops.com/) but apparently did not match her photos, or her performance ratings on PeruTops and was probably a ringer.

Hopefully more G2 later based on in-depth reconnaissance.

Polvo

Lima Busy
08-29-06, 18:19
Any one in town from Sept 4-8, The penthouse will be vacant!

ElKarl
08-30-06, 14:14
Hey, guys. while going through some of the past reports I came across the hotel castellana http://www.hotel-lacastellana.com/index-sp.htm. This hotel seems to have one of their rooms with independent exit - entrance door to the outside. Has anybody tried this hotel ? they mentioned to me through an e-mail that some of their rooms have internet service, though not sure which rooms. Also, seems to have good service, and reasonable prices. The independent door makes atractive to me so I don't have to have the chicks going through the main lobby.

Any comments on this report will be helpful, as well as any inputs.

Later guys.

Lima Busy
08-30-06, 17:52
Hey, guys. while going through some of the past reports I came across the hotel castellana http://www.hotel-lacastellana.com/index-sp.htm. This hotel seems to have one of their rooms with independent exit - entrance door to the outside. Has anybody tried this hotel ? they mentioned to me through an e-mail that some of their rooms have internet service, though not sure which rooms. Also, seems to have good service, and reasonable prices. The independent door makes atractive to me so I don't have to have the chicks going through the main lobby.

Any comments on this report will be helpful, as well as any inputs.

Later guys.
ElKarl, I have not stayed their personally but it has gotten good writeups on tripadvisor.com. I tend to believe it is a hotel frequented by tourists.
LB

Aurab
09-04-06, 18:09
Hello All:

I am going to visit Lima in November attending a Spanish language school. It will be my first time in Lima.The school recommended three hotels, San Martin is one of them. I sent them an email asking for a rate. They quoted me US$60 for a single apartment, $65 for Queen Apartment. The reason I choose this hotel, it is very close to the school. I am going to stay with them on two occasions. First time for two nights and second time for 10 nights. I read good report about this apart hotel.

What do you think you guys? Is it too expensive? I am planning to do light to medium mogering and to have overnight guests.

Any help will be appreciated.

Robin

Maltrufio
09-04-06, 20:06
hotel castellana... seems to have one of their rooms with independent exit - entrance door to the outside.

El, I've stayed here a few times back in my full-time mongering days and used to put up visitors here as well when I lived in that area. It's a clean little place, with good service, but there is only one room with the independent exit/entry. I got the impression that the staff use it as an overflow room only, so you need to specifically request it.

Phish
09-05-06, 02:41
I stayed at the Maria Angola in Mira flores, its a fairly decent place, not that new but I paid around 70 US$. They had absolutely no problem about bringing in chicks.

Sometimes the guy at the elevator/ reception checked the chica ID's. He even held the girl's ID's and only released it the next morning after calling the room and checking that everything was in order when she was leaving.

My only loss was that there were some really hot receptionists who was giving me the Vibes.. maybe my US passort (maybe I could have banged her), but once they say the chica traffic to my room every night they dropped they smiles like a hot potatoe...

Aurab
09-05-06, 13:24
Thanks Phish for the info. Maria Angola is another hotel the Spanish school recommended. I sent them an email for rates. They quoted as US$60 for single/double/twin. From your report, it does not look like they are not trying to rip me off. San Martin Hotel is only few years old. So I may decide to stay with them.

Robin

Dan D Dick
09-05-06, 16:20
I'm staying at the JW Marriott in November for $53.00/night. The rack rate is $225, the AAA rate is $203 and the government rate is $140. If you're a premier member you'll also get upgraded to the concierge floor, get breakfast and [essentially] dinner free every day & get drinks [at least water & sodas, sometimes beer & wine] for free as well. In my experience they seldom ask for ID [I'm NOT promoting fraud here....] but as far as the gov't rate, just about anything qualifies, including a card as a volunteer fireman. The $53 rate is associated with Continental Airlines, so if you have a good FF card that may be all you need. PM for further details.

Dan D.

Aurab
09-06-06, 00:13
Thanks LB and D33 for your advice. Yes I am going to attend El Sol for two weeks. I am going to stay in Lima for 16/17 days. I have a local volunteer (meet thru chat line and must say a 'knockout' if the picture is true) who said she can find me a descent hotel for less than $40 a night. Anyway, I am going to stay in a hotel for only two nights. Then I am moving with a host family for a week. Depending on what happens with the host family (read: doesn't allow overnight guests), I may look for a cheaper hotel. Thanks again for your help.

Aurab

Lima Busy
09-06-06, 03:47
Thanks LB and D33 for your advice. Yes I am going to attend El Sol for two weeks. I am going to stay in Lima for 16/17 days. I have a local volunteer (meet thru chat line and must say a 'knockout' if the picture is true) who said she can find me a descent hotel for less than $40 a night. Anyway, I am going to stay in a hotel for only two nights. Then I am moving with a host family for a week. Depending on what happens with the host family (read: doesn't allow overnight guests), I may look for a cheaper hotel. Thanks again for your help.

Aurab
Aurab,
I can tell you no overnight guests allowed with your host family!!! Also the owner is (extremely straight), I would not let him or anyone in the school know you plan to monger! Keep a room at Maria Luisa (a few blocks away for your mongering)while staying with your host family.

Also, I have told others You will not meet girls at El SOL. If you want to learn spanish and meet girls ICPNA is the way to go!

LB

Lima Busy
09-06-06, 04:13
A recent survey on the Argentina Private forum showed 90% of mongers preferred private apartment rentals over hotels in BA!

Here in Lima (where raves are still popular)we are a bit behind the times and there still seem to be alot of guy's doing the walk of shame!

That being said, for some reason the penthouse is (casi=almost) always booked.

To help you guys who are in the planning stages of your year end trips, here is the current availabilty:
Sept-Booked
Oct- availability 21-31 only
Nov- availability 11-30 thanksgiving pussy, mmmmm!
Dec- availability 1-21 only, Christmas and New Years booked!

Spring is fast approaching and next year will bring a price increase for all except you veterans!

Thanks to all for helping make the Miraflores Penthouse Lima's #1 vacation rental!

LB

Mr Enternational
09-06-06, 04:38

AurabI would like to recommend Hotel Las Palmas. From World Travel 69's post it is "8. Hotel Las Palmas, Calle Bellavista 320, S67-165, (51-1) 444-6033, http://www.hotellaspalmas.com – primary hotel of choice for WSG members. Girl friendly & inexpensive although noisy area (disco near by.)" It is located in Miraflores. 2 months ago I think I paid $35 or so for the suite with the Jacuzzi. Of course simpler rooms were less money. And there is a disco caddy corner to the hotel so it is a bit noisy on weekend nights. It is also walking distance (2 blocks, 3 max) to Tequila Rock.

Aurab
09-06-06, 13:43
Hello LB & Mr. Int

I looked at ICNAP for Spanish language lessons. Their course runs for a month. My problem is I cannot afford that much time. So I decided on El Sol. My primary objective is to learn Spanish and to have some idea of everyday life of an ordinary Peruvian Family, so the choice of staying with a host family. Mongering is my secondary objective. I am 54 years old. Few years down the line I may move to a Spanish speaking country, at least during the winter months. I am starting to explore spanish speaking countries.

Maria Louisa is another option. In fact, I am going to send them an email. I am a light sleeper. Like Mr. Int. said I read about Hotel Las Palmas being a little noisy. So I am not sure Hotel Las Palmas will be suitable for me.

Thank you guys.

Aurab

World Travel 69
09-06-06, 15:53
The report originally posted here has been superceded by a new report posted later in this thread.

Lima Busy
09-13-06, 23:28
A recent survey on the Argentina Private forum showed 90% of mongers preferred private apartment rentals over hotels in BA!

Here in Lima (where raves are still popular)we are a bit behind the times and there still seem to be alot of guy's doing the walk of shame!

That being said, for some reason the penthouse is (casi=almost) always booked.

To help you guys who are in the planning stages of your year end trips, here is the current availabilty:
Sept-Booked
Oct- availability 21-31 only
Nov- availability 11-30 thanksgiving pussy, mmmmm!
Dec- availability 1-21 only, Christmas and New Years booked!

Spring is fast approaching and next year will bring a price increase for all except you veterans!

Thanks to all for helping make the Miraflores Penthouse Lima's #1 vacation rental!

LB
If any mongers are in town next week, I have the 19th,20th,21st available for $85.00 a night. Same deal applies for the 23rd,24th,25th,26th.

See above for additional availability!

LB

LuvumBare
09-27-06, 04:15
Hotel is girl friendly.
They will ask for her ID at the desk and will hold it until she comes to collect it.
Before they give it back, they will call your rooom to confirm all is OK.

The formal lobby is on the second floor but you enter on the first floor and elevator up to 2nd. When the door opens, you are looking at registration and there are always a few workers standing there. They also have a large numer of security types almost everywhere you look.

To get to your room elevators you have to make the walk of shame past this audience.

To beat the system, when you can get on the elevator on floor 1, select floor 4. This is the ballroom floor. Although they always have a security guy walking the floor and standing near the elevators, you can avoid making "the walk". He looks you over, but no problems if you give him the "gringo stare". If he does not respond, then a 20soles note passed into his hand should solve the problem. I made this passage twice and never had to do anything but walk to the room elevators and go my merry way.

After you get off on floor 4, go about 20 meters to your right and you can access the hotel elevators to you room.

A key card is required for all floors.
If you want to avoid "the walk", get 2 keys when you register. Give one to the chica and tell her how to use it.

I did not use an escort, but I suspect you will have to meet her in the lobby and do the process so you can get her to your room.
'bare

Caffrey
10-06-06, 05:53
I am planning to make my first trip to Lima. The travel agent quoted 50us for this hotel in mira flores. Is this hotel chica friendly and nice location for non-spanish speakers like myself. Any help appreciated.

XXL
10-06-06, 16:03
I stayed at another (more expensive) hotel belonging to the same chain. No problem bringing in girls, one at a time though. Residencial is in an ideal location, quiet street by Lima standards. Try e-mailing them directly for long-stay rates to get them to knock off a few dollars or include breakfast etc.

Lima Busy
10-14-06, 20:00
Guys,
I have been remiss in my updates! The next available dates for the "Penthouse", will be after November 25th and until December 20th for those making plans. Also it is already booked for Christmas & New years eve.

As a side note we (me,myself & I) are thinking about adding a few more apartments at different price levels (but still in Miraflores). Anybody interested in getting a 15% ROI, before appreciation, send me a PM and I will contact you when the business plan is finished.
LB

Aurab
11-26-06, 02:25
Recently I took a 17 days trip to Lima. I stayed in those two hotels for a period of 10 nights on two occasions, first three nights on the first occasion and seven nights at the end of my trip Other seven days I stayed with a host family arranged by a Spanish language school.

I made a reservation thru internet with Nido Inn on Calle. San Martin for the first three nights. Price $40 a night. Looking at the posted picture in their web site, it looked alright to me. I arrived at the hotel at about 2:30 am in the morning. The door was locked and nobody seemed to be there. After ten minutes of banging on the door, finally ,a woman open the door and told me that she was expecting me. She gave me a room on the third floor. My gosh! The room was stinky, noisy, what not, not a room I was expecting. I was so tired, I had to sleep. So I just slummed! Early morning I packed up and ready to go somewhere else, but I did not know where! When I came down the manager was there. You can imagine my reaction. Needless to say I was furious. The manager said, the girl at the desk made a mistake for giving me that room ( I heard those nonsense before!). She said she will give me a suit at $40 a night and charge me $30 for the last night. I went to see the suit. It is at the top floor #601. That is the only suit on that floor. That was a nice suit! I immediately said ‘yes'. I stayed there for two nights and moved with a host family for a week. I told the manager I would like to stay in the same suit (#601) at the same price for seven more nights. She agreed. So I came back after my stay with the host family. I stayed there for another two nights. On the third day, the manager said I have to move out and stay in another room, because the girl at the front desk made a mistake and gave that suit to somebody else. Same nonsense again! She said I can have the suit again after two nights. I told her on her face ‘f$&k you, I am going somewhere else'. Thats it!

By the way, Nido Inn does not care how many overnight visitors you can have. However, they charged me 3 soles for two eggs I had every morning, because eggs are not included in the breakfast! Of course I did not know that!

In the mean time, I found an apartment hotel on the same street called San Martin Apart Hotel. It is a nice one bedroom apartment, clean, quiet, no hassle with a overnight guests, $60 a night with breakfast. I was happy with the service I got. Front desk was quite helpful. Although they told me that they charge for a overnight guest, but at the end, they did not charge me.

My advice to fellow mongers: Stay in Nido Inn if you get the suit #601, only and only suit #601, at a price $40 a night. It's worth it! Chicas loved it! Make sure that you get the reservation for the period you want. Expect hassle though!

San Martin Apart Hotel is a nice apt. hotel. If you don't mind the price at $60 a night, it's a great place to stay. If I go to Lima again, I'll definitely stay in San Martin Apt. Hotel. I will not bother with Nido Inn at all.

That was my limited experience with those two hotels.

Happy mongering.

Lima Busy
12-05-06, 17:27
Guys,
Just to let you know the Penthouse is now booked out for December and there are a few days still available the end of January and only a couple of days in the beginning of Feb. Thanks to all for your support. Rosita and Paola are trying to get online with their tour guide/airport pickup/translation business.

LB

Mahku
12-10-06, 18:46
Hotels from 2 weeks in Lima:

One week was in Hotel Las Americas. I booked it online for about $75. Girls were registered at the front desk for no extra charge when I brought them in. There´s a small pool and a just okay gym. The included breakfast was pretty good. The room was very spacious and comfortable on the corner with a good view. There are free internet terminals at the back of the lobby. Sometimes when these were all being used I went to one of the numerous and cheap internet cafes nearby. The hotel is well located at Larco Ave. and Benavides about 10 minutes walk to Parque Kennedy, Tequila, Flying Dog, Pizza Alley, Cafe Z, yada yada. It´s about 15 minutes the other way to Larcomar, the cliffside shopping mall overlooking the Pacific and just in front of Marriott.

When I got back from Cusco I decided to try a different place. This time I showed up at the airport with no reservations. The information desks (in domestic luggage claim) had no useful hotel information. Apparently the person most able to do this was at lunch at the time. Outside in the main arrivals area there were a number of touts. I almost always blow these guys off. But there was one who offered a reservation at Hotel Colon for $75, taxes included. He also got the taxi for me for 12 soles. This ended up working out okay, even though I had to constantly fend off the tout´s offers of day tours and such.

This hotel was good, just a notch below Las Americas. Breakfast was okay but not quite as good. The pool is at the back of the lobby but I never tried it. The place claims to have a gym but the workout room is now a meeting room and the gym equipment is in a jumbled heap in a back stairwell. There is also a room with free internet computers here. But again they will sometimes be busy. The guest friendliness was a bit curious. When I brought girls back the reception acted like they wanted to say something but ended up letting me pass without any comment. The location is closer to Larcomar and farther from the Parque Kennedy area.

Combo
12-13-06, 14:28
Hey Mahku,

Was that the Hotel & Suites Las Americas? May I ask where you found it for
$75/night? I'll be in Lima in Jan. and that hotel sounds nice.

Thanks

Jose Marcia
12-14-06, 22:43
I was in Lima a month ago. I walked into the hotel for a breakfast, and wanted to book a room for 6 nights. They quoted me S. 225/night, which is close to $70.

Hey Mahku,

Thanks

Combo
12-17-06, 06:26
Well, the best deal I found on Las Americas was $88 for a double incl serv fees and breakfast. Found it on Asiarooms.com of all places. Doesn't seem bad as I'm only there for two nights and I arrive very late so I can't show up and bargain like Jose Marcia did.

Mahku
12-17-06, 15:51
Hey Mahku,

Thanks

Sorry, I didn´t notice this post until just now or I would have responded sooner.

In the confirmation email it says Alliance Reservations Network. I can´t remember anymore the exact website since it was over a month ago. It wasn´t one of the major ones. Anyway, all I did was a Google search and it turned up. The thing about search results is that the first page or so gives you the big outfits like Expedia and Travelocity, who have pretty much the same (high) prices. It´s only on the second page or later that you start getting smaller, regional providers that might have special deals. You just have to dig a little.

Like Jose Marcia says, it can often be better to just walk in and ask for the price. Just for kicks I tried this with the Marriott and they quoted me $140 on a day when all of the online sites were listing them at over 250.

Of course if you try it this way your 1st choice may be full. In that case you can just stay somewhere else for a day or two until the hotel you want opens up.

Jose Marcia
12-21-06, 21:22
Hi folks,

Did anyone of you take two girls at the same times in Hotel ML? Any problems? Any extra charges? Thanks.

Lima Busy
12-21-06, 21:29
Hi folks,

Did anyone of you take two girls at the same times in Hotel ML? Any problems? Any extra charges? Thanks.
Jose,
The ML only allows one girl at a time. Some guys get another monger to help them out.

LB

Lima Busy
12-27-06, 16:29
Guy's,
The penthouse is completly booked for January. February 26-March 8 is still available and then no availability till 25th March. Good luck with your plans and enjoy the Summer!

LB

Psychman
12-28-06, 02:08
Hi Guys,

Experienced monger (mostly CR), but will be new to the Peru scene for ongoing work. The Maria Luisa seems about what I am looking for, yet will that be recongized as a mongering hotel by work colleagues in Peru? If so, any suggestions for a place without that distinction, in the $70 or under range, yet is girl freindly.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

SrLengua
01-04-07, 03:52
Just purchased a ticket for my first trip to Peru mid March. Have contacted two of the recommended hotels (Maria Luisa and Las Palmas) each by reservation form on their individual websites, and additionally by e-mail. Two days later I have heard nothing from either hotel. Do these people ever check their e-mail? Would like to get my plans squared away asap. Any other hotel recommendations if these two do not respond, or are booked up?

Thanks for your input. Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you in person during my stay. Thanks for all the great information posted here.

SrLengua

Lima Busy
01-04-07, 17:02
Sr. Lengua,
Both hotels cater to ST guests and are notorious for screwing up reservations. You may want to consider Las Americas as there are good reports here and it is well located.
LB

SrLengua
01-05-07, 07:29
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your input. Mucho appreciado. I've tried to make an arrangement for a room at the Las Palmas through Go2peru.com. If that doesn't produce results I have a handful of other places to contact that may fit the bill. And, yes I will consider a paying membership to this board. Macmasher, would be great to hook up with you on our virgen trips in March, unfortunately I will be arriving on the 15th, the day after you depart, and departing myself on the 21st. Short and sweet, but better than no trip at all.

Regards,

SrLengua

Mr Jetsetter
01-13-07, 23:10
I've read positive reports of these establishments here but nothing terribly current. Am hoping for current info on how chica-friendly they are. Their prices are certainly reasonable, but I wouldn't want to encounter any problems whatsoever inviting ladies over, probably in the afternoon.

THX for any help!

Jaimito Cartero
01-14-07, 06:53
I much prefer the Maria Luisa for it's rooms. I did have the problem of having money ripped off from my room the last time I was there, but I understand that you can now get a lockbox when you check in, if requested.

No Zanax
01-14-07, 09:36
I'm returning to Peru in February, and am looking at three possibilities. Las Suites Apart is one of three hotels of particular interest to me. From the picture of the hotel front, I know I remember seeing it in Miraflores, but cannot remember where. If anyone can assist with that? The address is: Av. Grau Nº 466. It seems that the maps available of Miraflores are rare, especially with street names.

If anyone out there can assist with the location of this hotel, it would be surely appreciated.

thanks
No Z

Loumann
01-17-07, 18:06
Here is my 2 cents worth, literally. I have stayed in the cheapie hotels in Miraflores and can report on 2.

Hotel Las Palmas 1 block from Parque Kennedy and chica friendly (no fee) is 75soles and basically a small dumpy room with hit and miss as to the TV quality and lacks sufficient english channels.

Hotel Maria Luisa (they have a web site) is also close to the park and is actually better. The smallest room is only 50 soles and for 60 soles I have stayed in 2 different rooms that are bigger, with great TV and lots of english channels, hbo, bbs, espn, etc. Also chica friendly - no fees and a computer for free internet in the lobby.

As far as both of them go, you will not get the fresh new hotel smells, or nice Egyptian cotton 500 thread count sheets, and fresh fluffy pillows. In fact you comforter on top of the bed has probably been fucked upon more times than Macdonalds has sold hamgurgers.

But for those of you who have been in Nam, or through the Korean Conflict or those newbees out of the Iraqi war. Its a breeze.

So in the words of my father: Good bye and good luck and have a good fuck.

Mr Enternational
01-17-07, 18:39
I'm returning to Peru in February, and am looking at three possibilities. Las Suites Apart is one of three hotels of particular interest to me. From the picture of the hotel front, I know I remember seeing it in Miraflores, but cannot remember where. If anyone can assist with that? The address is: Av. Grau Nº 466. It seems that the maps available of Miraflores are rare, especially with street names.

If anyone out there can assist with the location of this hotel, it would be surely appreciated.

Thanks,

No ZGo to Las Americas website. They have a map with street names of all of their hotels in Miraflores and you can probably pinpoint the streets for the others on that.

Lima Busy
01-17-07, 22:33

thanks
No Z
No Z,
You are correct it is at 466 Grau. There is a report about it by another guy on the local forum.
LB

FlyingAce
01-17-07, 22:57

thanks
No Z

http://www.guiacalles.com/calles/index.asp

Try this web site - type in Av Grau and select Miraflores as the Distrito

Flyingace

No Zanax
01-20-07, 05:52
Thanks for your help, FlyingAce. That website is the first I've seen that lets you zoom in/search, and has street names. Definitely bookmark-worthy.

Regards
No Z

FlyingAce
01-20-07, 13:32
Hello No Z,

Another page that can be used effectively for phone numbers is:

http://paginasamarillas.com.pe/index.do

Translation: Yellow Pages

I've used this myself on many occasions to find phone numbers for "non mongering" activities.

Flyingace

Shortbuss23
02-03-07, 15:02
Anyone know much on the differences between these rooms? Are they all about the same or is one preferred over the others? I'd love some input, if anyone has seen or stayed or seen all three.

Thanks in advance!

Elberto
02-03-07, 19:36
Anyone know much on the differences between these rooms? Are they all about the same or is one preferred over the others? I'd love some input, if anyone has seen or stayed or seen all three.

Thanks in advance!

I have been staying at the Maria Luisa for two weeks now. I stayed a few nights in the Jr. Suite, but they had reservations for the room so they moved me to a Matrimonial room, where I have been for the last 10 nights or so.

The Jr. Suite is 85 soles and has a small refrigerator and microwave in the front room, and a small bedroom down a hallway.

The Matrimonial room is 60 soles and doesn't have the kitchen area. I prefer to not cook as food in Lima is tasty and cheap and 25 soles can get you a couple of nice meals a day.

The rooms are pretty good for the price, and the location is excellent, only a block away from Parque Kennedy, the Flying Dog, and a bunch of restaurants. It is only a 2 minute walk across the Park to Calle Pizza. The hotel staff is really nice and friendly. They have an electronic safe for your valuables that you can ask for at the front desk. The porn on the TV is a nice bonus.

Overall I have been very pleased by the Maria Luisa. If you prefer the Marriott experience you won't find it here, but if you like a good, clean, cheap chica-friendly hotel right in the middle of everything it's hard to beat.

Shortbuss23
02-03-07, 20:59
Do you find that the hotel is pretty quiet or do you find yourself getting woke up w/ street noise in the morning?

Elberto
02-04-07, 19:49
Do you find that the hotel is pretty quiet or do you find yourself getting woke up w/ street noise in the morning?

The Maria Luisa is one block away from the main street, with several tall buildings in between that insulate it pretty well from the street noise.

There is a period each day from about 6:30-8 am where it is pretty noisy from the wakeup calls and the room doors opening and closing and people moving around in the halls, but it is not unbearable. A pair of foam earplugs would be useful if you found it to be too much.

Celeritas
02-07-07, 00:54
the maria luisa is one block away from the main street, with several tall buildings in between that insulate it pretty well from the street noise. what kind of internet connection do they provide at maria luisa? in-room or business center, wired or wireless? what's the speed like? i may need to do some work from there.

thanks!

Elberto
02-07-07, 18:55
the internet connection is actually a weak point of the maria luisa. there is no business center i know of and i couldn't get wifi in my rooms, but if you sit on the couches in the hallways near the front of the building you can get a connection from the wireless router in the lobby. i was getting download speeds around 200 and upload about 50.

for several days i was working there, but the hotel employees and guests are constantly walking by and having to make sure not to trip over my power cord. also you have no privacy, so no checking the latest photos on isg :)

cafe z has fairly fast wifi, but it is so loud there it is like trying to work at a heavy metal concert held in the middle of a busy freeway.

what kind of internet connection do they provide at maria luisa? in-room or business center, wired or wireless? what's the speed like? i may need to do some work from there.

thanks!

Celeritas
02-08-07, 00:20
The internet connection is actually a weak point of the Maria Luisa. Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly hotel with a solid Internet connection?

Thanks!

Lima Busy
02-13-07, 23:01
Guy's,
The penthouse is completly booked for January. February 26-March 8 is still available and then no availability till 25th March. Good luck with your plans and enjoy the Summer!

LB
Guys,
I have been getting alot of PM's regarding availability of the Penthouse. I periodically post when there are open dates and when I don't post, it is because it is booked. Right now I have nothing until April 8th.

As promised I am holding rates steady for my regulars but "New Clients" will be paying the published rate of $980.00 per week (no more than 3 guy's).

I anticipate having some new investors in the near future and will be adding a "wading pool" or large jacuzzi on the second floor along with a bar and Bar-B-Q area and after this hot summer central air as well.

Also, Rosita & Paola will be managing a new apartment soon and will also be providing custom apartment searches for guy's looking for LT rentals. Basically they will find the apartment (based on your criteria) send you photo's, negotiate the lease etc.

That's it for now.
LB

Jacque
02-19-07, 22:46
Any one have any recent info on San Martin Apart Hotel? Heading to Lima on Weds., was going to stay at Maria Luisa but they have not responded to my email.

Any recent info on this place would be appreciated.

Polvo
02-20-07, 00:13
Any one have any recent info on San Martin Apart Hotel? .......

It's OK. Fairly basic, but clean and affordable - rooms have their own kitchen. Many Latin business people seem to use it and it has an OK terrace cafe on top. Not really chica friendly, but I found that if you spread the greenbacks around it got easier. At worst you have the obligatory document inspection. Suggest you register two people, give the bribe and then tell any subsequent questioners to fuck off (nicely). Night doorman is (or was) an alkie and a boring pain in the ass. Try to get a room up high and not overlooking Calle St. Martin as it gets quite noisy on that corner.

Suerte!

Polvo

Jacque
02-20-07, 01:21
Thanks much Polvo.

The Maria Luisa responded and is full, so I guess I am staying here.

Lima Busy
02-28-07, 21:18
Guys,
I have been getting alot of PM's regarding availability of the Penthouse. I periodically post when there are open dates and when I don't post, it is because it is booked. Right now I have nothing until April 8th.

As promised I am holding rates steady for my regulars but "New Clients" will be paying the published rate of $980.00 per week (no more than 3 guy's).

I anticipate having some new investors in the near future and will be adding a "wading pool" or large jacuzzi on the second floor along with a bar and Bar-B-Q area and after this hot summer central air as well.

Also, Rosita & Paola will be managing a new apartment soon and will also be providing custom apartment searches for guy's looking for LT rentals. Basically they will find the apartment (based on your criteria) send you photo's, negotiate the lease etc.

That's it for now.
LB
I just got a cancellation so anybody (max 3 guys) interested in the Penthouse
for Mar 20-30, PM me (normally $150/night now only $100.00).

Artisttyp
03-04-07, 01:37
While I wasn't sure about vacancy at the maria luisa I did some research. Feel free to knock it down if it isn't worthy. I just thought it might be good to have in case of worst case scenarios and your hotel doesnt come through.

1. www.hotelaleman.com.pe - The rate is $45 but he was going to charge me $32 if I stayed for 2 weeks and $7 extra for a guest. The rooms have frigibars and you can pay by credit card.

2. www.hotelsanantonioabad.com - $40 for the room plus $10 if you want to bring someone to your room.

*Both located in miraflores

3. www.hotelkamana.com cheap hotel in the centro lima not far from plaza san martin. It has gotten ok reviews from lonley planet.
* I have not emailed these people so I dont know about guests. As with all these links PLEASE make sure you ask again about guests and prices.

These were all taken from a travel book called footprints " peru "

Xxxplorer
03-04-07, 03:50
A few questions for all Maria Luisa and Lima veterans.

Is there a nice gym near the hotel with good workout equipment and state of the art cardio (bikes, steppers, etc) for a day fee near?

How much should expect to pay for the taxi from the airport to the Maria Luisa?

Finally I have read posts that go back to 2005. Pizza Alley comes out in many posts. Understand it's a street with bars but don't have a clue what's available there or what makes it veryspecial. If anyone cares to give Pizza Alley a complete write up in the Lima section mongers new to Lima would be happy.

Artisttyp
03-04-07, 08:27

Is there a nice gym near the hotel with good workout equipment and state of the art cardio (bikes, steppers, etc) for a day fee near?

- I believe I saw a golds gym about 4/5 blocks from the maria luisa. It should have everything you need.

How much should expect to pay for the taxi from the airport to the Maria Luisa?

- Arrange the taxi with the hotel before you arrive. I think I paid $20 but not much more.

Finally I have read posts that go back to 2005. Pizza Alley comes out in many posts. Understand it's a street with bars but don't have a clue what's available there or what makes it veryspecial. If anyone cares to give Pizza Alley a complete write up in the Lima section mongers new to Lima would be happy.

- Pizza alley is street with you guessed it..alot of pizza shops/cafes. Sometimes the girls walk the area and you can pretty much tell by the looks that they are for sale. There is a cafe not far from the parque kennedy entrance where they seem to have a deal with the waiters. I think they are banned by some cafes.
When I was there it was right after a police sweep so I didn't see many girls. Maybe someone can give us an up to date account?

Caffrey
03-04-07, 09:03
Maria Luisa arranges airport pickup and drop off. It was 15us during my last trip. very convenient if you arrive in the night. Also the night staff speak english so you can call them if lost. It would be better if you call them to make a reservation rather than sending an e-mail. There are internet cafe at walking distance and a nice gym at las america residential. not sure if they are available on a daily basis.

caff

Lima Busy
03-05-07, 16:46

The three most common gyms are Sport life(las Americas), Energym(Pardo) and Golds Gym(Benavides). I believe that of the three only "Golds Gym" offers day rates. If you stay at the Marriott/Doubletree/Las Americas residencial use of there gyms/pools (las Americas , no pool)are included as well as breakfast.

At $50.00 Las Americas is pretty hard to beat.

LB

Macmasher
03-05-07, 22:56
I'm arriving (virgin trip) in about 48 hours. I emailed the Maria Luisa three months before my arrival, got no response and emailed again. Carol then responded, saying that I should contact them again 30 days before arrival. Guess I (culturally) jumped the gun.

I did, and have since found her both responsive and helpful. Heck, she's even arranged a reasonably affordable (to this gringo - $15) airport pick-up. Just hope the driver show's up and is in some way identifiable. If not, I'll just grab another taxi, I suppose.

Looking forward this this adventure more so than any previous monger trip... thanks in part to those who've preceded me, and been so generous with their guidance and advice. Thanks guys. Hope to meet a few of you soon.

mac

Mr Jetsetter
03-07-07, 06:53
Thought I'd pass on a tip received by a fellow Costa Rica Ticas member who, like myself, is also a senior ISG member. When I mentioned my interest in a possible stay at Residencial Las Americas on Bellavista, he advised me to check out the following web site:

www.go2peru.com.

They are still running a Visa card promotion offering various bargains on Lima-area hotels providing they are booked with a Visa card. I was able to arrange a five night stay in a junior suite at Residencial Las Americas for a grand total of $52.00 a night, $23 below the next best quoted price after conducting a rather extensive internet search.

Lima Busy
03-07-07, 21:30
Thought I'd pass on a tip received by a fellow Costa Rica Ticas member who, like myself, is also a senior ISG member. When I mentioned my interest in a possible stay at Residencial Las Americas on Bellavista, he advised me to check out the following web site:

www.go2peru.com.

They are still running a Visa card promotion offering various bargains on Lima-area hotels providing they are booked with a Visa card. I was able to arrange a five night stay in a junior suite at Residencial Las Americas for a grand total of $52.00 a night, $23 below the next best quoted price after conducting a rather extensive internet search.
Try to book it early as they have limited rooms at that rate! I had to kick someone out of the Penthouse (non ISG) to make room for a Lima regular and even though this is low season they were booked solid, Next tried Hotel Colon, they only had the 2 bedroom suite open but got it for $70.00 a night.
LB

Xxxplorer
03-08-07, 02:34

www.go2peru.com.

It's a great price as it includes breakfast buffet. You also get use of one of Lima's best gyms -Sportslife- which is located in the same building. Don't forget you also get access to the pools at the other Americas properties.

Just remember that you'll need to add $10 to the rate if you want to bring a chica to the room. And don't forget tax which is about 10% for foreigners or 19% for peruvians.

As to those looking for access to a nice gym, anyone can use the brand new Gold Gym in Miraflores for $10/day or $30/week. Maybe Sportlife has the same day/weekly pass opportunity.

Gonzo
03-19-07, 22:21
It's a great price as it includes breakfast buffet. You also get use of one of Lima's best gyms -Sportslife- which is located in the same building. Don't forget you also get access to the pools at the other Americas properties.

Just remember that you'll need to add $10 to the rate if you want to bring a chica to the room. And don't forget tax which is about 10% for foreigners or 19% for peruvians. Here's my report after 7 days of stay there:

Good:

-Great location, about 40 yards from Calle de la Pizzas

-Food: Decent breakfast/brunch. I ate at the restaurant once. Pretty good IMO, but of course, pricey.

-Rooms: large, clean, very nice. Just like a Marriott Residence Inn in the states, but no stove. So what, who's gonna cook on vacation?

-Price: go2peru.com's promotion of $50.35 makes it a great value

-Staff: very helpful, courteous. They also can help out with auto rentals.

-Chica fees: there were NO CHICAS FEES on my bill, and believe me, I had a string of them coming through. So much so that the night portera, a cute chica, gave me some cold stares. They will always stop a chica to hand over an ID card; if the chica didn't have one, which happened a couple of times, they have to fill out a form and we both have to sign it. The positive side is that one gets to find out their real name.

-Towels: only one bath towel, ask the staff for more.

-Hot water: yes, plenty of it.

-Gym: did most of my exercises horizontally and via walking, so no need for the gym, but it's a good one. Wonderful eye candy coming in and out of the gym.

Bad:

-Lousy location, there's a *(#$)#$)% club almost directly across the street. I stayed in the 3rd, 5th and 7th floors and it didn't matter, the bass boom-boom till 4AM rocked the room. Worst Thu-Sat, OK the rest of the days. Fought back with ambien and earplugs. The go2peru.com rooms all seem to face the street and said club, never could get a back room.

-Internet connection: The staff didn't tell me that one needs a password in order to use the wireless in the room. Even still, it was a pain to get setup and the line dropped a lot.

-Laundry: expensive, but it's to be expected

Bottom line: the positives outweigh the negatives and I'd stay there again.

Miraflores Apt
03-20-07, 23:32
We currently have a 1 bedroom flat with a large rooftop pool in Luxury building on Malecon Balta ½ block from Café Z. I will be renting it for $35.00 a day until it can be refurbished in the next few months and then will be $65.00. You can get more info by writing me at [Email address deleted by Admin].

Besitos,

Paola

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Lima Busy
04-02-07, 23:15
We currently have a 1 bedroom flat with a large rooftop pool in Luxury building on Malecon Balta ½ block from Café Z. I will be renting it for $35.00 a day until it can be refurbished in the next few months and then will be $65.00. You can get more info by writing me at [Email address deleted by Admin].

Besitos,

Paola

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!
We (Rosita & Paola) do not have PM ability, So that means Me (LB) will have to pass on your apartment requests. I do not know how much longer the pool will be open, but the current guest has bagged a few of the bowling alley chicas up there and then there is always the Sauna!

LB

Steve 99
05-10-07, 23:42
Can anyone give me more info on the different rooms for Maria Luisa. I saw some old information in the archives but not too many details.

Matrimonal is 18 USD a night

Jr Suite is 26 USD a night

Sr Suite is 37 USD

Damn that is cheap! I am staying 7 or 8 nights. I do not plan on cooking but fridge is nice.

Are the Sr suites worth if if you are staying 7 nights?

In that it is so cheap 37 does not bother me.

Miraflores Apt
05-16-07, 20:47
The apartment is open after 6/2. For June the rate is $350 for 1 week, $600 for 2 weeks,$750 for 3 weeks and 1 month for $900.00. The weather is a little cooler but still great!

If you rent it for the month we will include a date with a new "friend" of ours a headliner at one of Lima's top clubs!

Besitos,

Rosita & Paola

Miraflores Apt
05-24-07, 23:01
The apartment is open after 6/2. For June the rate is $350 for 1 week, $600 for 2 weeks,$750 for 3 weeks and 1 month for $900.00. The weather is a little cooler but still great!

If you rent it for the month we will include a date with a new "friend" of ours a headliner at one of Lima's top clubs!

Besitos,

Rosita & PaolaSorry, forgot to upload the photo!

Besitos,

Paola

Miraflores Apt
05-25-07, 16:21

Besitos,

Rosita & PaolaOPP's,

Sorry guys, just realized I need to change the photos sizes.

Besitos,

Paola

Member #3418
05-27-07, 06:09
Please send more info on the ladies that you have available. Rates, limitations, additional photos, etc.

Lima Busy
06-01-07, 23:22
The Penthouse is booked solid for June & July. Currently I have the 1st and last week of August available. PM me for further info.

regards,
LB

No Zanax
06-05-07, 20:23
during my stay last february, i managed to book their suite. its the only room on the top floor, with a small outside balcony that wraps around calle san martin and calle porta. very nice, and chica friendly- well, that is, i never had to pay to bring a girl up to the room. they always took her id, though.

they offer the suite for something near us 100/night, but i emailed the manager and got it for us 55/night. they include breakfast with the room, and high-speed internet(though i would debate the phrase, 'high-speed') is provided complimentary, if i remember correctly.

i don't know when lima's high season is, so perhaps the rate might be higher now, i'm not really sure. it's a nice little hotel, with 13 rooms total, including the suite.

one bad thing about the room: the window shades leave a lot to be desired. come 7am, its bright as hell in that room, so i was never able to sleep in. the sliding glass door is on one wall and the windows go down the other wall, so there is no keeping the sun out once it rises. other than that, it was a great stay for me.

if you're interested, check them out: www.nidoinn.com

side question for the regs here: when is lima's high and low season?

forgot to add: they have a/c too, which was a big plus for me.

Aurab
06-05-07, 22:39
I stayed at the Nido Inn in November 2006. From 'No Zanaxs' description it is appears that I stayed in the same suite. I paid $40 a night. That manager if it is the same manger( A nice looking woman!!) is a two-faced liar!!! I wrote a report on this board on Nido Inn after I returned to Canada in December 2006. For future foreign customers: make sure that you book the suite( I believe the siute # is 602) at a bargain basement price and book it for a fixed period of time. That suite is worth the price, but I would not pay any more than $50 a night. Expect hassel though!!

Miraflores Apt
07-04-07, 22:24
For the guy's who have asked for photo's of the "Bachelor Pad" I recently redecorated here goes! We also installed a electronic safe,heating for these cold winter nights and some new artwork as well.

Besitos,

Rosita

Steven
07-05-07, 04:43
I know a very nice apartment right on the Ovalo of Miraflores. Rents by the week or the month....$400 month, fully equipped. PM me for info. Very friendly.

Lima Busy
07-05-07, 23:35
For the guy's who have asked for photo's of the "Bachelor Pad" I recently redecorated here goes! We also installed a electronic safe,heating for these cold winter nights and some new artwork as well.

Besitos,

Rosita
I have been inundated with PM's for Rosita's apartments. Both her apartments as well as My Penthouse are booked through the end of July. Please be advised that we are in the height of tourist season, have a major holiday at the end of the month and good hotel rooms and apartments are at a premium.

Many already know the Holiday Inn (select) is being upgraded as we speak to a Crowne Plaza and there is a new 5 star hotel going up across the street from the Penthouse. Tourism looks to be way up this year and Lima is booming as a result of "Culinary Tourism".

Even more interesting the "Boy's from Dubai" are back in town and are planning on opening the first "Adult interval ownership resort".

Stay tuned,
LB

XXL
07-11-07, 17:00
When you do girls you don't always want them to know where you live and yet you may want to bring them, not just to some boring hotel, but to somewhere naughty, with facilities adapted to one-night stands.

In Brazil or Columbia you would go to a "motel". In Peru the word is hardly known, although I stumbled upon one instance :

http://www.motelsuites-peru.com/

The location of this motel is not good for a Miraflores-based monger. Note that it emphasises that no ID is required, which is rather unusual.

If I'm not mistaken Peruvians use the word "hostal" to designate this kind of place. Unfortunately, "hostal" also means a cheap hotel, so for someone looking for a place as comfortable as an upper mid-range hotel, it is not easy to seperate the grain from the straw. One that gets mentioned quite often is Hollywood Suites:

http://hollywoodsuites.tripod.com/

However even a place such as this, which portrays itself as "el mejor hostal", has its top rooms at S./90. That is still well below what I'm used to pay in Lima for accomodation, so I'm a bit worried about what to expect. I understand those places have no heating: that could be lethal on a chilly night in Lima, especially if you're spending the night naked. I also need a good porn program running on a reasonably-sized screen. Any experiences?

Lima Busy
07-11-07, 17:53
Sounds like Rosita's apartment is perfect for you!(http://mirafloresbachelorpad.********.com/2007/06/rate-info.html
No ID, Heated, cell phone to avoid giving chicas your real #, swimming pool for summer activities, Next to Cafe Z (for preliminary interviews) DVD for porn and TV in the bedroom, electronic safe for valuables. It makes a good first or second location (if forensics are a problem) Currently the guy renting the Penthouse (on a Marriage tour) uses it for (special girls) so he does not get caught by his "dates". It would also work well if you were staying in a local hotel and the price for the location can not be beat!

LB

ChicagoDancer
07-13-07, 23:25
The three Amigos are on the way to Lima > Cusco > Lima.

On the return 3 days 2 nights in Lima we will be at the JW Marriot.

Is it ok to bring back girls? How far is this from MiraFlores parties/clubs scene?

Any recommendations or should I just show the Peruanas the DoorKey in hopes she drops her panties in hopes I bring her back.

Gracias, y me gusta chica latinas !

Polvo
07-14-07, 18:55
.....On the return 3 days 2 nights in Lima we will be at the JW Marriot. ....Talk nicely to the Bell Captains....it is remarkable what they can conjure up for a propina!

Suerte!

Polvo

Miraflores Apt
07-14-07, 19:33
Is currently offering it's Visa special ($84) through go2peru.com. At $50 the Miraflores bachelor pad still offers a better value as well as location. Currently available after August 1st. Ian's apartment (which I managed) for $25.00/night in the same building has been flipped and the new owner is asking $50/night for a much smaller and unequipped apartment. I am currently looking for another rental to replace it in the budget class.

Besitos,

Rosita

ChicagoDancer
07-16-07, 03:18
Any places for 3 persons available?

Is currently offering it's Visa special ($84) through go2peru.com. At $50 the Miraflores bachelor pad still offers a better value as well as location. Currently available after August 1st. Ian's apartment (which I managed) for $25.00/night in the same building has been flipped and the new owner is asking $50/night for a much smaller and unequipped apartment. I am currently looking for another rental to replace it in the budget class.

Besitos,

Rosita

Miraflores Apt
07-17-07, 01:03
Any places for 3 persons available?LB's Penthouse is good for 3 but I think you are only staying in Lima 2 nights and most apartments do not rent out for that short a time period. There is a good place for three guys in San Isidro called "Perustar" that is very reasonable and will do two nights. They have a webpage, so you can google it. Hope this helps!

Besitos,

Rosita

TheCatsMeow88
07-17-07, 20:40
The three Amigos are on the way to Lima > Cusco > Lima.

On the return 3 days 2 nights in Lima we will be at the JW Marriot.

Is it ok to bring back girls? How far is this from MiraFlores parties/clubs scene?

Any recommendations or should I just show the Peruanas the DoorKey in hopes she drops her panties in hopes I bring her back.

Gracias, y me gusta chica latinas !

Chicagodancer,

I am envious. Machu Picchu was just voted one the new seven wonders of the world. I wish I were coming to Cusco with you. Please post photos when you get back to civilization.

There are no problems getting girls into the Marriot. I was bringing back two per day on some days during my last visit. Of course, you get smiles and winks from the doormen after a while but other than that everyone is very discreet. Here is a little tip for you. When you walk into the Marriot main entrance and enter the elevators, do not press "2" for the lobby. Instead, press "4" for the the exhibtion center. From there you can swap to the elevators that take you to the rooms. This avoids the walk of shame in front of the front desk, assorted security guys/bell boys, and the numerous guests that are always hanging around the lobby for one reason or another.

You are a 10-15 minute walk from Tequila Rocks which, if you have read the posts in this thread, is a den for pros and semi pros. I use it as a last resort when all else fails but it is a "sure thing" for those who are new to Lima.

www.placeresdelperu.com is supposed to be a legitimate website but I have never used it.

I hope this helps.

The Cat

Psychman
07-20-07, 21:27

Besitos,

RositaI would be interesed, but I cannot seem to send you a PM or find an e mail.

Lima Busy
08-02-07, 06:06
Any mongers in town The Penthouse is currently open Aug 2-9. Normally $150.00 a night now $100.00 with a min 4 day rental.
regards,
LB

Juancaminante
08-08-07, 23:03
It's a long time since I've been in Lima

What is the weather like in September

Still awaiting hotel details from my aide de camp but I am sure we are in Miraflores - where are the best places to see the local flaura and fauna.

Doc Bill
08-24-07, 08:37
First time in Peru, and I found both these hotels looking pretty good. Can anyone give me any info on them? Preference? Thanks!

Jaimito Cartero
08-24-07, 17:02
I've posted this in some of the other countries that I visit, to give a heads up about a good deal on Orbitz right now. You get $200 off a 5 night stay, Code# 200INTL or $75 off a 3 night stay Code# 75INTL, plus the fees/taxes.

The Maria Angola is available, and it's had decent reviews on this forum. Cost for 5 nights, after the coupon is applied is about $11 a night, and includes some sort of breakfast.

I think you can book multiple 5 day stays and use the discount again. This is a prepaid rate, but for $25 you can refund it before you arrive.

The hotel needs to be at least $40 a night for the $200 discount, or $25 for the $75 discount. Not all hotels participate. If you find you're just under $40, you can try adding a another occupant to the room to increase the price enough.

Cayrick
08-25-07, 00:11

Besitos,

RositaJust got back from Lima and stayed at Las Americas Residenciales in Miraflores. About a block away from a really neat little street with loads of restaurants and bars. Exit out the other end and you are at Parque Kennedy. Nice hotel, good location, great beds. Highly recommended.

Doc Bill
08-25-07, 22:41
Does anyone know which of the nicer hotels are "girl-friendly" or not? I'm looking at Plaza del Bosque and Las Americas. In general is this a problem in Lima?

Polvo
08-26-07, 17:14
Does anyone know which of the nicer hotels are "girl-friendly" or not? I'm looking at Plaza del Bosque and Las Americas. In general is this a problem in Lima?Doc:

The Las Americas Residencial suites can be excellent value reserved in advance through the web site http://www.go2peru.com ( BTW - the one I am talking about is on Calle Bellavista 415, Miraflores, they have several properties in Miraflores). While the hotel staff expects gentlemanly behavior as the clientele are "regular" people there were no additional guest fees, they clearly know the drill and in many ways they are very accommodating. Personally I always book double occupancy and tell them my girlfriend will be arriving later or fill in the second form with my name as well. Reduces friction! BTW - the trick is to try and get a room at the back of the hotel as some people find the front a little noisy.

I have no reports about PD Bosque.

Suerte!

Polvo

Member #3437
08-28-07, 21:53
just a note. I stayed at the Maria Louisa In january and noticed small amounts of cash being pilfered out of my luggage. Nothing else. at first I thought it was my imagination then I talked to some of the locals and sure enough, others had experienced it as well. I didn't realize it but the front desk has safe boxes, which I brought up and the problem went away.

this time, I am staying somewhere else. The people who clean rooms were sneaky looking teenage boys who wouldn't look in your eyes.

Jaimito Cartero
08-28-07, 22:24
just a note. I stayed at the Maria Louisa In january and noticed small amounts of cash being pilfered out of my luggage. Nothing else. at first I thought it was my imagination then I talked to some of the locals and sure enough, others had experienced it as well. I didn't realize it but the front desk has safe boxes, which I brought up and the problem went away.

this time, I am staying somewhere else. The people who clean rooms were sneaky looking teenage boys who wouldn't look in your eyes.

Well, I believe I am the originator of cash going missing at the Maria Luisa. However, they took all they found (About $600-$700). This was a couple of years ago. Luckily, they didn't find two stashes, so I had another $500 left.

The management at the times swore up and down it couldn't be their employees. However, they have added safes to some rooms, and I think you can get one to put in your room, too.

Mr Enternational
08-29-07, 02:13
Guys,

Whenever you reserve a hotel during these winter months you may want to make sure they have heat. I just spent a couple of days at the Las Palmas igloo. I knew better but Las Americas was full. It was very cold in my room. Now I am back home as sick as a dog. Not that it would make any difference as far as the temperature, but I do not know why they always leave the windows open after they clean the rooms everyday.

Artisttyp
08-29-07, 04:09
Guys,

Whenever you reserve a hotel during these winter months you may want to make sure they have heat. I just spent a couple of days at the Las Palmas igloo. I knew better but Las Americas was full. It was very cold in my room. Now I am back home as sick as a dog. Not that it would make any difference as far as the temperature, but I do not know why they always leave the windows open after they clean the rooms everyday.

Im concerned about this myself for my upcoming trip. I doubt the maria luisa offers heaters or am I going to buy one and try to hide it.

The 10 day forecast says an average of 65 in the day and 57/58 at night. It doesn't sound brutal but Im not there. Can someone staying at the luisa now tell me how the rooms feel?

Member #3437
08-29-07, 14:44
Im concerned about this myself for my upcoming trip. I doubt the maria luisa offers heaters or am I going to buy one and try to hide it.

The 10 day forecast says an average of 65 in the day and 57/58 at night. It doesn't sound brutal but Im not there. Can someone staying at the luisa now tell me how the rooms feel?

Cold and noisy as hell. IF you stay there, try to get a room in the back. However, in January there were guys with jackhammers behind the building working on a building.

I think the heater Idea is good. One could probably pick one up relatively cheap somewhere near there.

Member #3437
08-29-07, 14:49
also, forgot to add. They had opened a disco on the street in front of the Maria Luisa, making escaping noise damn near impossible. At night the disco..in the morning the jackhammers. Thank god I don't sleep well anyway, and I usually was physically exhausted and from walking all day, partying, having sex and fallilng asleep about 4am. I tried to make up for it by napping in the afternoon. (its a 40s thing ifyou young guys don't get it).

Member #3437
08-29-07, 14:51
Well, I believe I am the originator of cash going missing at the Maria Luisa. However, they took all they found (About $600-$700). This was a couple of years ago. Luckily, they didn't find two stashes, so I had another $500 left.

The management at the times swore up and down it couldn't be their employees. However, they have added safes to some rooms, and I think you can get one to put in your room, too.

Ian, the Israli local guy also had money missing from the Maria Luisa, and it was in the same manner mine was. That is, they would take small amounts from larger amounts so it was hard to figure out.

Dirty Willy
08-29-07, 17:51
I tried to make up for it by napping in the afternoon. (its a 40s thing ifyou young guys don't get it).

I discovered napping in my 20s. I good nap is better than bad sex.

Jaimito Cartero
08-29-07, 18:43
Ian, the Israli local guy also had money missing from the Maria Luisa, and it was in the same manner mine was. That is, they would take small amounts from larger amounts so it was hard to figure out.

I must have gotten the trainee thief, as they took all of my large stash. In general, I really like the ML, but stuff like this really [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) you off. I'd like to set up a hidden camera and arrest the mofos.

Artisttyp
08-29-07, 19:14
I'd love to know what the current noise situation is at the Maria Luisa. They were opening up a club next door the last time I was there. WestFL said they were building a hotel in back. I could do a week of that but not a month. If I dont stay at the ML then my situation turns for the worse.

I need to stay in miraflores but on a budget thats what the allure of my lima trips are all about...cheap housing in miraflores and $7 brothels.

Member #3437
08-29-07, 20:31
Yes, this was in january, but every F*n morning a jackhammer would start around 7 am or so, and continue until about noon. I don't know what the current status of the construction behind the Maria luisa is, but the whole town is noisy as fuck. We all know that.

I'd love to know what the current noise situation is at the Maria Luisa. They were opening up a club next door the last time I was there. WestFL said they were building a hotel in back. I could do a week of that but not a month. If I dont stay at the ML then my situation turns for the worse.

I need to stay in miraflores but on a budget thats what the allure of my lima trips are all about...cheap housing in miraflores and $7 brothels.

Member #3437
08-29-07, 20:32
I discovered napping in my 20s. I good nap is better than bad sex.

hmmm...I am going to have to think about that one.

Artisttyp
08-30-07, 04:15
I've been doing the hotel thing online. Im looking at possible back ups if ML doesnt work out.
Hotel aleman has been mentioned but not in depth. Does anyone know anything ? Also Im not thrilled about the location but hotel kamana in el centro. I figure I can catch a collectivo easy to miraflores. Of course I'll ask for a room off the street. Hotel kamana by the way doesn't mind guests but I have to pay extra if they sleep over.

Doc Bill
08-30-07, 07:43
I am not a "budget mongerer," but I'm not rich either. I'm looking for a 4-5 star hotel in a good location that is "guest-friendly." Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Artisttyp
08-30-07, 14:07
What about www.pacifico-hotel.com ? This was reviewed briefly on peru-tops.com. I just put an email into them asking specifics. I'll fill everyone in. I just need to know the noise situation on Av. de la republica. Of course I'd ask for a back room but what are my surroundings ? Will I be cornered by noise from every direction ?

As always thanks. Sorry to spaz out by posting so much but the ML posts have been throwing me for a loop. I know someone staying at the ML right now but for some reason he's not answering his email. He could put an end to the ML questions once and forever.

Polvo
08-30-07, 15:50
I am not a "budget mongerer," but I'm not rich either. I'm looking for a 4-5 star hotel in a good location that is "guest-friendly." Any suggestions? Thanks guys!Doc:

The Las Americas that you asked about is probably your best bet.

Polvo

Juan Carter
09-07-07, 10:05
What about www.pacifico-hotel.com ? This was reviewed briefly on peru-tops.com. I just put an email into them asking specifics. I'll fill everyone in. I just need to know the noise situation on Av. de la republica.I walked over to the Pacifico when I was there in May, 2006. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around there at night. It is most certainly girl friendly and very inexpensive. The via rapido is trenched there and traffic noise wouldn't seemingly be a problem. It was ok for the price but not near any attractions except a locals market. I elected to remain at the Maria Louisa.

Miraflores Apt
09-10-07, 21:12
I have a few openings to rent the Bachelor Pad for the remainder of the year.
Availability:

Sept-Booked

Oct- 17-31 available 1 week $399.00 2 weeks $650

Nov- Booked

Dec- 17-31 available Dec 17-Jan 17 $1000.00 for the month

With the rooftop pool I expect summer to book up quickly.

Besitos,

Rosita

Elberto
09-12-07, 07:27
I met a guy the other night who was staying at the Best Western Embajadores in Miraflores. He had gotten the room through a package deal with his tour agency and was not in Lima for mongering.

The room itself was $40 a night, about the same size as the 60 soles room at Maria Luisa, but with two twin beds and a desk crammed into it. He took two girls separately from Tequila the same night. They charged him a $25 guest fee for the first girl but didn't charge for the second girl.

Speaking of the Maria Luisa, I have stayed there about 45 nights this year. I have never had a problem with theft but I noticed the other night that items inside some of my luggage had been moved, suggesting someone had been looking through it. I did an inventory and nothing was missing but it is still disappointing.

Artisttyp
09-14-07, 21:13
Hello Im all settled in at www.perustar.com in san isidro. I of course found it on the WT69 lima list.
I was a little hesitant to stay in san isidro but things are working out pretty well. My apartment was occupied when I came so they put me in another one for two days. The apartment was huge with two bedrooms a plasma TV 3 bathrooms etc. Today I moved to my apartment which is of course alot smaller but still has a kitchen a safe tv stereo system etc. I think it is a good deal and its on a quiet street in a residencial area. Close by are supermarkets banks laundry internet. Its not miraflores but I can pay 1 sol and arrive in miraflores in 15 minutes by public transport or I can pay 7 sol for a cab. Also of importance is they gave me 2 space heaters for my room which is great. I think I would be screwed if I didnt have them. The daytime is great weather but it does cool down at night.
The first night I brought a girl from tequilas without any hassle. It would be nice to be in miraflores but not without heat and not for more than $40 a night. So all in all I think I made the right descision. If you have never been to lima I do not recommend staying here for your first time unless you cant find a hotel. If you are here for a length of time and dont mind riding public transport or paying for cabs you will enjoy the mellow surroundings.

I went to la nene yesterday by public transport from the my apartment for $2 roundtrip. I will do the same with the trocadero and post that in the lima list forum.

Doc Bill
09-17-07, 17:24
The Las Americas Hotel & Suites, as well as all the other Las America´s properties, charge a ten dollar guest fee.

Polvo
09-17-07, 20:37
The Las Americas Hotel & Suites, as well as all the other Las America´s properties, charge a ten dollar guest fee.Did you originally book "double occupancy"?

Polvo

Doc Bill
09-18-07, 18:22
Nope. I guess that was a mistake, although the difference in price between that and the ten bucks is probably negligible. Unless there´s no extra charge for double occupancy booking.

Miraflores Apt
09-26-07, 22:28
I have a few openings to rent the Bachelor Pad for the remainder of the year.
Availability:

Sept-Booked

Oct- 17-31 available 1 week $399.00 2 weeks $650

Nov- Booked

Dec- 17-31 available Dec 17-Jan 17 $1000.00 for the month

With the rooftop pool I expect summer to book up quickly.

Besitos,

RositaThank you for all your requests, currently the only dates available for the remainder of the year are as follows:

Oct 27-Nov 4
Dec 18-31
besitos,
Rosita

Dick Condon
10-04-07, 01:39
I always stay at Marriott but it has no vacancy for my next trip. Is Les Delfines hotel gf.-this has been recommended by my travel agent as an alternative. And yes I have looked in the forum.

Artisttyp
10-05-07, 03:48
I was going to post this in my final report but I dont see any reason why someone couldnt stay in lince. Lince is the next barrio very close to miraflores. It is connected with one bus that takes 10 minutes on a straight avenue for 35 cents.
I went around to a few of the hostal/hotels and many of them gave me dirty looks for asking about women. This means that there has to be legit places to stay. I wouldnt recommend it for a first timer unless you cant find anything in miraflores. Also you cant really book in advance through internet and I doubt they will have a safe. This is meant for a backpacker with 2 sets of wardrobe etc.
Lince is cool with alot of smut discos and good food. It is also a pretty safe area. Ive been there at all hours of the night.

Miraflores Apt
10-06-07, 18:16
Just a quick note to thank everyone for your business this year! We are currently booked until Feb 2008. For summer 2008 reservations we have decided to hold prices as we broke 3 soles recently and ¨I feel your pain¨ Our European and Asian clients have recently been flocking to Lima and I am sure will do so next year as well. Again it was great meeting everyone, you are all real gentleman and we love to have you visit our city!

MA

Devoman
10-23-07, 02:10
I am visiting Lima in December and usually stay at Hotels and Suites Las Americas. Unfortunately they are booked on the days I want so I need to make another choice. I have narrowed my choices to Miraflores Colon Hotel and the El Condado Miraflores Hotel & Suites.

Does anyone have any info on these hotels and most importantly are they chica friendly. If anyone happens to have any other hotel recommendations in Miraflores It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Devo

TheCatsMeow88
10-23-07, 17:05
I am visiting Lima in December and usually stay at Hotels and Suites Las Americas. Unfortunately they are booked on the days I want so I need to make another choice. I have narrowed my choices to Miraflores Colon Hotel and the El Condado Miraflores Hotel & Suites.

Does anyone have any info on these hotels and most importantly are they chica friendly. If anyone happens to have any other hotel recommendations in Miraflores It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Devo

Devo,

You can get an idea of what is available, and at what price, at the following site: www.go2peru.com

The Cat

Miraflores Apt
10-23-07, 17:13

Thanks in advance,

DevoI can recommend the EL Condado as it is in a great area. The aparthotel is just so so but the El Condado hotel next door is very nice. Also some members have used the Aparthotel San Martin which is very nice and well located as well and a big 1 bedroom is only $80.00.

PolyOrchid
10-23-07, 21:19
I'll be in Lima from 4 Jan to 4 Feb and hope to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom apt for that period. However, I will wait until I get there and so will be looking for a 1-3 night stay in a hotel while I search for said apartment.

I like the sounds of Barranco. Can anyone recommend a girl-friendly place for around $30-40/night?

Thanks,

Terence from Texas

Elberto
10-24-07, 08:20
I might need to put up a friend and I am looking for recommendations for a cheap, clean hostel between San Miguel and Miraflores for a possibly long-term stay.

Gracias, Elberto

Miraflores Apt
10-24-07, 16:55
I might need to put up a friend and I am looking for recommendations for a cheap, clean hostel between San Miguel and Miraflores for a possibly long-term stay.

Gracias, ElbertoElberto,

A good site to find hostels in Lima is www.hostelz.com. I do not think there is much in San Miguel but a lot of reasonably priced ones in Miraflores and Barranco. Also on La Marina there are inexpensive hotels try the Melodia. As it will be hot soon and much smog I do not recommend your friend stay in San Miguel there are plenty of cheap places to stay closer to the ocean breeze.

Artisttyp
10-25-07, 21:32
elberto,

a good site to find hostels in lima is www.hostelz.com. i do not think there is much in san miguel but a lot of reasonably priced ones in miraflores and barranco. also on la marina there are inexpensive hotels try the melodia. as it will be hot soon and much smog i do not recommend your friend stay in san miguel there are plenty of cheap places to stay closer to the ocean breeze.

i'd still like to see someone put "lince" on the map as a possible lodging option.

there are many hotels in route to lince from miraflores rep001tered on ave. arequipa. does anyone know anything about them ? that could be another option as well since the todo arequipa combi is literally right outside the hotel.

Digits
10-28-07, 14:33
When you get a visitor at the JW, will they call you to verify before they send them up or will they ask you to to come down to meet them and take them up?

Digits

Miraflores Apt
10-29-07, 16:32
When you get a visitor at the JW, will they call you to verify before they send them up or will they ask you to to come down to meet them and take them up?

DigitsYou will have to meet them outside the hotel and sneak them up (bypass registration) unless you are dealing with hotel staff.

Digits
10-29-07, 17:28
You will have to meet them outside the hotel and sneak them up (bypass registration) unless you are dealing with hotel staff.That makes JW more guest un-friendly that I thought. Too bad!

Lwomack58
10-29-07, 20:40
I am coming to Lima for the first time and have been researching apartments and hotels for some time now. My first plan was to rent an apartment, but since I plan on being there for a month or more, I thought I would stay at a hotel and get my bearings first.

Anyone have info about Inkari Suites Hotel. Their rates are pretty fair and the rooms look nice on their web site. Is it girl friendly? I know it is away from the main action, but I am not a big bar person and wanting to just get a lay of the land before moving to an apartment.

Any advice would be great.

TheCatsMeow88
10-29-07, 22:09
You will have to meet them outside the hotel and sneak them up (bypass registration) unless you are dealing with hotel staff.

Miraflores Apt,

What are you talking about? Have you ever stayed at the JW? I would bet not, from what you wrote.

Digits,

Please ignore what MA wrote as it is inaccurate in every detail. I have stayed at the JW Marriott many times and here is the deal:

1) You do not have to sneak anyone, anywhere. Just meet the girl across the road in Larco Mar, or even at the entrance of the hotel, and walk her up to your room at any time of the day or night. Of course, I would suggest that she not be dressed as a flagrant hooker given the setting (i.e. 5 star hotel). Put a coat or jacket on her if you must (i.e. You just picked her up in TR). I even joke with the security guys when I am waiting for a new date at the main entrance (The girls are always late in Lima). Alternatively, ask the girl to have the concierge call your room when she arrives. You then go down to collect her at the main entrance. The girl will not be able to come up to your room on her own- even if you give the ok- because a security key is required in the second elevator (The one that takes you to the rooms). They could escort her up, I suppose, but I have never asked them to do that. No security key is required for the elevator that goes from the entrance to the lobby.

2) The only time I have felt uneasy is when the girl looks young. I am nervous that she might get stopped and asked for ID. But even then, I have never been stopped. I have only ever been stopped once in Lima and that was at the Sheraton. Even though they apologized profusely afterwards, it is one of the many reasons that I no longer use the Sheraton.

3) If you want to minimize the number of people who see you with the girl, take the elevator from the street entrance level to the 4th floor (Conventions) rather than to the 2nd floor (Lobby). You can connect to the elevators that serve the rooms on the 4th floor and there are far less people (usually none) that you have to walk by. Repeat this process, in reverse, when you are escorting the girl out in order to avoid the walk of shame.

If you are worried about work colleagues seeing you, a compromise might be to have her meet you on the fourth floor directly (Which she can get to without a security key). She would not have to stop at the front desk, or interact with anyone. If she is asked at the entrance, she can say that she is going up to the lobby (same elevator) to meet a friend. In addition, unless there is a convention there will be no one on the fourth floor except, perhaps, a cleaner or security guy. Most of the time, there is no one there at all.

4) It is very difficult, if not impossible, to get hotel or casino staff up to your room. Believe me, I have tried. Why is this the case? A combination of two factors: i) Marriott staff are paid relatively well, and ii) they are under strict orders not to fraternize with guests. They will lose their jobs if they are seen making their way to your room and their are security cameras everywhere in the hotel.

I have hit on more than one croupier in the casino (The girls in the casino with their long legs, short skirts, high heels and black stockings are a real turn on) but to no avail. I have started up conversations with a number of them but it ends up going nowhere for the reasons I just described. I did meet one girl outside the hotel but I am not going to pay for a second room in a different hotel just to bang her.

And those are the facts.

The Cat

Miraflores Apt
10-30-07, 00:44
Miraflores Apt,

1) You do not have to sneak anyone, anywhere. Just meet the girl across the road in Larco Mar, or even at the entrance of the hotel, and walk her up to your room at any time of the day or night. Of course, I would suggest that she not be dressed as a flagrant hooker given the environ. Put a coat or jacket on her if you must (i.e. You just picked her up in TR). I even joke with the security guys when I am waiting for a new date at the main entrance (The girls are always late in Lima). Alternatively, ask the girl to have the concierge call your room when she arrives. You then go down to collect her at the main entrance. The girl will not be able to come up to your room on her own- even if you give the ok- because a security key is required in the second elevator (The one that takes you to the rooms). They could escort her up, I suppose, but I have never asked them to do that. No security key is required for the elevator that goes from the entrance to the lobby.

2) The only time I have felt uneasy is when the girl looks young. I am nervous that she might get stopped and asked for ID. But even then, I have never been stopped. I have only ever been stopped once in Lima and that was at the Sheraton. Even though they apologized profusely afterwards, it is one of the many reasons that I no longer use the Sheraton.

3) If you want to minimize the number of people who see you with the girl, take the elevator from the street entrance level to the 4th floor (Conventions) rather than to the 2nd floor (Lobby). You can connect to the elevators that serve the rooms on the 4th floor and there are far less people (usually none) that you have to walk by. Repeat this process, in reverse, when you are escorting the girl out in order to avoid the walk of shame.

If you are worried about work colleagues seeing you, a compromise might be to have her meet you on the fourth floor directly (Which she can get to without a security key). She would not have to stop at the front desk, or interact with anyone. If she is asked at the entrance, she can say that she is going up to the lobby (same elevator) to meet a friend. In addition, unless there is a convention there will be no one on the fourth floor except, perhaps, a cleaner or security guy. Most of the time, there is no one there at all.

4) It is very difficult, if not impossible, to get hotel or casino staff up to your room. Believe me, I have tried. Why is this the case? A combination of two factors: i) Marriott staff are paid relatively well, and ii) they are under strict orders not to fraternize with guests. They will lose their jobs if they are seen making their way to your room and their are security cameras everywhere in the hotel.

I have hit on more than one croupier in the casino (The girls in the casino with their long legs, short skirts, high heels and black stockings are a real turn on) but to no avail. I have started up conversations with a number of them but it ends up going nowhere for the reasons I just described. I did meet one girl outside the hotel but I am not going to pay for a second room in a different hotel just to bang her.

And those are the facts.

The CatLike I said, unless you are booking the girl through the hotel staff you will have to meet her across the street and then follow (step #3).

BKKguru
10-30-07, 01:25
2) I have only ever been stopped once in Lima and that was at the Sheraton. Even though they apologized profusely afterwards, it is one of the many reasons that I no longer use the Sheraton.

Cat,

I have not seen any posts on the Sheraton. I just assumed that it was not in a prime location. True?

Would you be kind enough to comment on the following:

a) How far is the Sheraton from Miraflores? To be more specific, how much time would a cab ride take from Sheraton to TR?

b) Were you happy with the Room (comfortable bed?) and bathroom?

Thanks.

TheCatsMeow88
10-30-07, 03:05
Cat,

I have not seen any posts on the Sheraton. I just assumed that it was not in a prime location. True?

Would you be kind enough to comment on the following:

a) How far is the Sheraton from Miraflores? To be more specific, how much time would a cab ride take from Sheraton to TR?

b) Were you happy with the Room (comfortable bed?) and bathroom?

Thanks.

BKKguru,

The Sheraton is near the center of town. I am not a Lima resident or expert but apparently this is not a very safe part of town. It is probably quite close to the sleazy strip bars that Tung and Artysttyp write about but I cannot be sure. You cannot just step out of the Sheraton, walk about and feel safe; this is a real problem and is another reason I moved to Miraflores.

In response to your specific questions:

1) My estimate is that the Sheraton is a 20-30 minute (10-15 soles) cab ride from Miraflores. It could be a little more or a little less. It has been a while since I took the trip. (UPDATE: I received a very offensive and derogatory e-mail from Nibu regarding this advise because, apparently, he only pays 6-10 soles [Depending on the time of day] for the trip from the Sheraton to Miraflores. Whatever. Quite frankly, I know I am doing something right when I manage to upset Nibu.)

2) The rooms are nice. No problem with the rooms except that they did not offer in-room internet about a year ago. They were days away from fixing that the last time I was there so it should not be a problem now.

A few other comments:

3) They closed down their casino a few months ago.

4) If you stay there (and I advise against it), make sure girls bring ID as you run the risk of getting stopped by security and the girl being refused entry, as happened to me.

5) Someone wrote about getting a happy ending with the massage at the Sheraton gym but I have never experienced it myself.

You will be better served staying in Miraflores. Alot of guys like and stay at Las Americas on Avendia Benavides. Doc Bill stayed there and he was satisified with the experience. Alternatively, check out the deals on www.go2peru.com. I used them to book one night at the Hotel Colon on my last visit (the Marriott was sold out) and it worked out ok. If you go this route, make sure to clarify their chica policy before booking, as their are different prices for the same room based on single/double occupancy.

The Cat

Lwomack58
10-31-07, 14:47
I am not sure if this belongs under this thread, but figured it was somewhat in the ball park. I have found a couple of apartments that I like. One is Mini Penthouse Central Miraflores and the other is San Isidro Casa Club.

I know the San Isidro is outside the main action, but do like the fact that it has a gym down stairs. The mini-penthouse sounds like it is right in the middle of the action. If you were coming to Lima for the first time and wanting to meet and bring ladies back to apartment, which is better?

Also, I will be looking for a place to stay longer as I plan on staying in Lima for about a month or so, getting my spanish down, spending time with women and having a great time before moving on to other countires. I have four months to spend in South America and want to see quite a bit. I do plan on looking for a city to eventually spend my off season in, and so far Lima is at the top of the list.

Any advice would be very helpful and I look forward to making new friends with some of you.

TheCatsMeow88
10-31-07, 16:20
I do plan on looking for a city to eventually spend my off season in, and so far Lima is at the top of the list.
Are you an athlete?

Artisttyp
10-31-07, 16:30
I am not sure if this belongs under this thread, but figured it was somewhat in the ball park. I have found a couple of apartments that I like. One is Mini Penthouse Central Miraflores and the other is San Isidro Casa Club.

I know the San Isidro is outside the main action, but do like the fact that it has a gym down stairs. The mini-penthouse sounds like it is right in the middle of the action. If you were coming to Lima for the first time and wanting to meet and bring ladies back to apartment, which is better?

Also, I will be looking for a place to stay longer as I plan on staying in Lima for about a month or so, getting my spanish down, spending time with women and having a great time before moving on to other countires. I have four months to spend in South America and want to see quite a bit. I do plan on looking for a city to eventually spend my off season in, and so far Lima is at the top of the list.

Any advice would be very helpful and I look forward to making new friends with some of you.

A first timer should stay in miralfores. There is a huge golds gym near the parque kennedy area.

I think you would be missing out on alot of non pro action by staying in san isidro.

Another idea is to travel with push up bars and walk as much as you can.

Elberto
10-31-07, 17:59
I second the recommendation for staying close to Miraflores. It is a central area with a high concentration of like-minded individuals who can help you get your bearings. Once you have scoped out the scene you can choose an area that suits your situation best.

Lima is a cool place with lots of cool people. If you can look past it's significant shortcomings and go nuts with what is best about Lima you will have an excellent time.

TheCatsMeow88
10-31-07, 18:17
I second the recommendation for staying close to Miraflores. It is a central area with a high concentration of like-minded individuals who can help you get your bearings. Once you have scoped out the scene you can choose an area that suits your situation best.

Lima is a cool place with lots of cool people. If you can look past it's significant shortcomings and go nuts with what is best about Lima you will have an excellent time.

I third the recommendation for staying close to, or in, Miraflores.

In fact, I would ask Tequila Rocks to put a bed in the corner for you. That would save some travel time.

Lwomack58
10-31-07, 20:42
Thanks guys for the info. Being my first time I'm just looking at the best options. As far as the off season, I am a tour guide and my work is seasonal. Hence the place for the off season.

Again I hope I can meet a few of you.

Miraflores Apt
11-01-07, 01:02
I am coming to Lima for the first time and have been researching apartments and hotels for some time now. My first plan was to rent an apartment, but since I plan on being there for a month or more, I thought I would stay at a hotel and get my bearings first.

Anyone have info about Inkari Suites Hotel. Their rates are pretty fair and the rooms look nice on their web site. Is it girl friendly? I know it is away from the main action, but I am not a big bar person and wanting to just get a lay of the land before moving to an apartment.

Any advice would be great.I think a better option would be Perustar on the border of San Isidro. It is a nice quiet area and a good central location with markets,laundries and cafes nearby.

Inkari is girl friendly if you can find a girl!

Miraflores Apt
11-01-07, 01:20

Any advice would be very helpful and I look forward to making new friends with some of you.As these are my competitors, I should not recommend either. I will break this rule as you should be forewarned. If these are your only choices Casa club is a much nicer apartment. Both are going to be noisy however. If you prefer Miraflores over San Isidro there are plenty of other alternatives. I can not say what happened at mini-penthouse recently, but for the regulars in Lima, this is Ian´s old apartment.

Lwomack58
11-01-07, 14:51
Thank you for your feedback. This is why I posted on here to get the feedback of the people that know the area. I have decided to stay in Miraflores and have been looking at various places. I know you would rather not recommend places Miraflores Apt., but maybe a few of you others can lend some advice.

I do want to be comfortable and not have a lot noise. I have found a couple of other places, one is at 28 de Julio 801, another is apartmentslimaperu. I am trying to stay within the $50.00 per night range at first. Again my goal is to find a cheaper place for a month or two once I get there.

Anyone else has any suggestions on apartments I would be very thankful. I perfer the apt. route vs the hotels.

Larry

TheCatsMeow88
11-01-07, 20:24
Like I said, unless you are booking the girl through the hotel staff you will have to meet her across the street and then follow (step #3).
Miraflores Apt,

OK, got it. When you wrote "dealing with hotel staff", I thought you were talking about dating hotel staff, which is a no-no (At least, if you are staying in the hotel). You are right about booking chicas through hotel staff. I cannot tell you who to talk to (though I have a pretty good idea)- because I have never done it myself- but I have it on good authority that, for a suitable fee, Marriott hotel security can arrange Barranco Suites girls and students looking to make a few bucks to subsidize their college expenses.

Finally, I would only comment that it is not really necessary to meet girls across the road. I have met many girls at the Marriott entrance itself, in plain sight of security, without any issues. Hopefully, Digits will post his experiences and clarify one way or the other. Perhaps they make an exception for me because I am such an all-round swell guy (but I seriously doubt it).

The Cat

Miraflores Apt
11-02-07, 00:11
Miraflores Apt,

You are right about booking chicas through hotel staff. I cannot tell you who to talk to (though I have a pretty good idea)- because I have never done it myself- but I have it on good authority that, for a suitable fee, Marriott hotel security can arrange Barranco Suites girls and students looking to make a few bucks to subsidize their college expenses.

The CatYour getting warmer! The Suites girls get $150. 00 (currently) from hotel guests.

They in turn have the option to sleep with Mr. X or pay a $50. 00 referral. It may sound like alot, but at SB you would pay two taxis, entrance fee, $120 for the girl and a $70 fee to leave as well as $70-$100 for drinks.

Some girls have steady clients who take them out for the evening, dinner & dancing and then 2 hours in the bed for $150. 00. IMHO this is the optimum experience for guys that are here for business and do not have alot of time.

I realize that this has nothing to due with hotels and is not what sex tourists are looking for but it is a option for guys that want to experience Lima's vibrant night life in the company of a beautiful woman.

TheCatsMeow88
11-03-07, 04:59
Your getting warmer! The Suites girls get $150. 00 (currently) from hotel guests.

They in turn have the option to sleep with Mr. X or pay a $50. 00 referral. It may sound like alot, but at SB you would pay two taxis, entrance fee, $120 for the girl and a $70 fee to leave as well as $70-$100 for drinks.

Some girls have steady clients who take them out for the evening, dinner & dancing and then 2 hours in the bed for $150. 00. IMHO this is the optimum experience for guys that are here for business and do not have alot of time.

I realize that this has nothing to due with hotels and is not what sex tourists are looking for but it is a option for guys that want to experience Lima's vibrant night life in the company of a beautiful woman.
Rosita,

Only "well-heeled" mongers, who have more money than time, are going to be interested in this kind of service but there is a market for what you described (Obviously, otherwise the Mr. X would be out of business!).

I would say that it is not right for MOST sex tourists. For some, it is perfect.

The Cat

Collateral2
11-06-07, 21:08
I am staying at the Nido Inn, and I can report that they no longer advertise their prices in dollars but in soles (I guess they prefer to use a stable currency :) ). The single room is now 189 soles. Also think about that the rooms are of very different sizes for the same price. At first they put me in one of the small rooms, but I complained and I am now staying in a much nicer room about twice as big.

Collateral2
11-12-07, 22:21
Does anyone know if Hotel San Agustin Exclusive in calle San Martin in Miraflores is chica-friendly?

Polvo
11-13-07, 15:26
Does anyone know if Hotel San Agustin Exclusive in calle San Martin in Miraflores is chica-friendly?Collateral2: I cannot confirm but looking at the type of traffic going in and out (latin families not gringo tourists), I would have my concerns. I do know that the one next door to it is though.

Suerte!

Polvo

Artisttyp
11-13-07, 17:07
I am staying at the Nido Inn, and I can report that they no longer advertise their prices in dollars but in soles (I guess they prefer to use a stable currency :) ). The single room is now 189 soles. Also think about that the rooms are of very different sizes for the same price. At first they put me in one of the small rooms, but I complained and I am now staying in a much nicer room about twice as big.

Nido inn was one of the places that never got back to me when I inquired about a 1 month stay.

I write almost perfect spanish!

Elberto
12-12-07, 06:45
I only stayed one night at Las Palmas and it was easily the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel. The room quality was fine and the shower was excellent but the hotel is so close to a disco that you can feel the vibrations in your room. Being in Peru the disco doesn't close until sunup, just about the time the traffic noise starts getting nice and loud.

The Maria Luisa is my recommendation, at least for the first night, and if it doesn't suit you there are dozens of hotels within a 5 minute walk. There is a tiny hotel I noticed on Porta (I think.) a few blocks from Parque Kennedy that looks nice enough and is in a quieter neighborhood. Scout out a bit further and you might find a hidden gem.

Allover
01-15-08, 09:02
I'm looking at Maria Luisa or Las Palmas for a first time visit in February. Do both of these places have in room safes? I wanted to book Maria Luisa but have read several reports of theft there. I'm now leaning to Las Palmas but want to know if their rooms have an inroom safe.

Thanks for any info.

Mr Enternational
01-15-08, 09:17
I'm looking at Maria Luisa or Las Palmas for a first time visit in February. Do both of these places have in room safes? I wanted to book Maria Luisa but have read several reports of theft there. I'm now leaning to Las Palmas but wnat to know if their rooms have an inroom safe.
Thanks for any info.

I have never seen one.

Jaimito Cartero
01-15-08, 10:17
I think you can request an in-room safe at the ML now. I didn't see any the one night I stayed at LP.

Artisttyp
01-15-08, 12:44
I think you can request an in-room safe at the ML now. I didn't see any the one night I stayed at LP.

If you book a junior suite at the ML there will be a safe in the closet(code no key). One member mentioned they handed him one as he arrived. My advice would be if it's not bolted down don't take it.

The junior suite costs around $30 US.

Miraflores Apt
01-20-08, 16:04
Thank you everyone for making my apartment such a success. Most of the summer has been booked but we do have one opening I would like to fill. The apartment will be available from March 9-20. Normally it rents for $400.00 for a weekly stay and we are now offering a week during this period for only $299.00.

Stays of over a week will be prorated at $43.00 a night. March is a great time in Lima and the rooftop pool is a great place to entertain a girl for free!

PM me to make arrangements, as always it is first come first served.

Rosita

Doc Bill
02-02-08, 05:52
I stayed at Lima Busy´s penthouse apartment for just over a week, and I want to give it a very enthusiastic thumbs up. The location is great, near Parque Kennedy (and Cafe Zeta if that helps you landmark it), a short walk to Larcomar and in the other direction to Calle Pizza and Tequila Rock.

The apartment is a 3 bedroom 2 bath, not large, but big enough and small enough to be cozy. The rooftop deck is huge and has great sweeping views of the city and beach, with torchlights and a barbeque. Bottled water, towels, bedding, and kitchen utensils all provided, as well as pick-up from the airport. For an additional charge of 40 soles (about US $13) per time, LB arranged maid service which included laundry.

Downside? No room service.

If it´s your first time in Lima you might prefer a hotel, as there is more attention to your needs and more information available to you there. I stayed at a hotel (Las Americas) my first trip and was very happy there, and to be honest I would have probably not liked to be in an apartment for my first time.

I have no complaints, really had a great time, and LB is a gracious and accomodating host. If anybody has any questions that I didn´t answer here please feel free to pm me.

Dirty Willy
02-11-08, 21:50
I stayed at a few places in Lima and this one was by far the best deal I’ve come across. Maybe because I didn’t find it in a guidebook.

It’s on Av. Nicolas de Pierola just a half block from plaza San Martin. For 50 soles a night you get a comfortable room with a bathtub, refrigerator and TV (probably only Spanish. I didn’t turn it on.)

I looked around a bit, and I don’t think you’ll find a better deal than this, although actually there’s a place a couple doors down towards the Plaza that has similar rooms for the same price. I think the only difference seemed to be the entrance. Plaza hotel has a large typical hotel entrance with a bar and restaurant and the other one you go up some stairs to get to the lobby. But the rooms seemed to be about the same and were the same price.

I think at one time this was one of the premier hotels in Lima when the center was more of the main tourist area. This hotel is a bit run down, but it’s clean (rooms are cleaned daily).

As far as bringing guests, I think it kind of depends who’s at the door. I think that goes for the price as well. When I first checked in I asked if I could get a discount for multiple days and the guy said no. I was too tired to bargain, so I just checked in. A few days later I hadn’t paid yet and the woman at the desk asked if I could pay. I said sure, but could I get a discount? I was hoping she’d knock like 5 soles off the total or something like that, since I figured I didn’t have much bargaining power after already staying there a few days. She said 40 soles a day. I said that sounded perfect. So a week there cost me less than $100.

If you want to bring someone back, I don’t think it’s a problem in the day, but there’s a fat lady working the desk at night who’s kind of a ballbuster.

You could catch a taxi to Hollywood Suites for less than 10 soles and Hollywood Suites is 50 soles, so you’ll still come out better than most places you’d stay in Miraflores. A taxi to Miraflores is about 10 soles. Getting around at night is pretty quick.

Drawbacks: I doubt anyone there speaks much English at all. Also the area is a bit sketchy. The block with the hotel seems alright, but the next block over away from the plaza is pretty seedy. There are ‘clubs’ here if you would call them that. I really wouldn’t recommend them. I went into a couple and I really felt like the white boy walking into the ghetto. These places make the Trocadero look like an upscale club. It’s kind of a trip watching everyone gather around the stage and gawk. It’s like a bunch of teenagers see a naked woman for the first time. They’re just in awe. Come to think of it, it was more fun to watch the spectators than the women.

I didn’t try the restaurant there.

Allover
02-12-08, 07:00
Looks like I'll be spending two nights in Lima but I need to fly out early each morning. Can anybody recommend an airport hotel or a hotel that provides free airport pickup? I would like an inroom safe. I am thinking about Las Palmas or Maria Luisa but with the cost of airport transfers I may want a nicer, more modern hotel.

I found a place called Hotel Melodia on Av. Marina 2247 about 3 miles from the airport. Is anybody familiar with this hotel?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Member #4351
02-12-08, 15:25
That is one of the many hostales in the La Marina area. More a ST place than a hotel for tourists. As soon as you start talking in-room safes and airport pickups you are talking higher priced hotels.

As has been posted before, places like the Melody, or other hostals of its type are very cheap, easily making up for the lack of airport pickup service but they won´t have a safe available. If you have a suitcase with a lock, you will probably be OK. I have a good friend staying in one of these places in Miraflores and its costing him less than $20 a night. There are taxis all over the place and all in all, even at gringo pricing, they won´t set you back more than $10 to Miraflores from the airport and vice versa. If you are concerned about taxi prices from the airport, just walk 20 meters to where the taxis are dropping off travelers and grab one of those.

The hotel at the airport is an overpriced rip-off, don´t even consider it.

Mr Enternational
02-13-08, 09:12
there are taxis all over the place and all in all, even at gringo pricing, they won´t set you back more than $10 to miraflores from the airport and vice versa. if you are concerned about taxi prices from the airport, just walk 20 meters to where the taxis are dropping off travelers and grab one of those.

after you leave out of customs and come to the international arrivals area where everyone is waiting for their peeps, turn to your right and go outside through the first door that you see. cross over the first driveway and onto the median. in the second driveway you will see taxis leaving who have already dropped people off. just flag one down and ask how much to go to miraflores (in spanish of course). do not pay more than 25 soles.

Allover
03-17-08, 08:23
I thought I would share some thoughts on Hotel Las Palmas since it is one of the more popular hotels on this website.

The good:

1) Cost is about $30 which is a bargain in any major city
2) The staff, especially the female night clerk, is very nice and helpful
3) Location is excellent. One minute walk to Pizza Alley and Park Kennedy
4) the hotel is girl friendly

The bad:
1) The rooms are very basic, no frills which you would expect for $30. For me they were a little too worn and too plain.
2) No inroom safe. There is a safe at the front desk and its available 24 hours. There is a slight cost, maybe S9, I can't remember exactly
3) I didn't think the free breakfast looked too appetizing

Summary: For USD$30, you can't expect much. LP is a decent hotel for the money. I usually want a place with nicer rooms than the LP. I'll try Maria Luisa next time.

Miraflores Apt
03-19-08, 02:03
For the guy´s that normally stay at the Las Americas (Bellavista or Larco) there is a great new 4 *hotel that opened up directly across the street from Lima Busy´s Penthouse! They have rates starting as low as 90 dollars and the views and location is hard to beat! Google for their website. Also they have a rooftop pool with the same view as my ¨Bachelor Pad¨.

MA

FreshWind
03-28-08, 05:03
I thought I would share some thoughts on Hotel Las Palmas since it is one of the more popular hotels on this website.Any info on the jacuzzi rooms in Las Palmas?

Allover
04-02-08, 08:55
Sorry, my room did not have a jacuzzi. The bathroom and shower were fairly large though.

Ninja98
04-03-08, 00:05
Guys,

Which hotel have AC in the rooms, do you know?

Thanks,

Miraflores Apt
05-08-08, 00:40
I have availability from May 14-22 for anybody in town. Located next door to Cafe Z and only $43.00 a night! Visit here for photos and more info:http://www.travel-library.com/apartments/south_america/peru/lima/miraflores_bachelor_pad.html

Elberto
06-21-08, 06:31
I have a friend who is staying long term (3+ months) in the Las Americas near Calle de las Pizzas in a very nice room. In January 2007 I stayed there and liked it, although it was too loud from the gym downstairs and the party outside.

There is new ownership and the prices for rooms have risen significantly, and the chica fee is $50. No joke. I asked twice and then asked again. $50. No discount or waiver when the room occupant is paying almost $4000 a month, not after I fluttered my eyelashes, nothing. An offer of $10 on the side was politely rebuffed.

They also don't have fresh towel service after 11pm, which at the new prices is pretty much unacceptable.

It's clear the owner doesn't want our money so feel free to support other nearby hotels and the apartment owners who share our love of Peruana poon.

NOT RECOMMENDED - Residencial Las Americas in Calle de las Pizzas

Member #4351
06-21-08, 15:37
Used to be great until the Las Americas group was sold. Half the price and GF.

I have a friend who is staying long term (3+ months) in the Las Americas near Calle de las Pizzas in a very nice room. In January 2007 I stayed there and liked it, although it was too loud from the gym downstairs and the party outside.

There is new ownership and the prices for rooms have risen significantly, and the chica fee is $50. No joke. I asked twice and then asked again. $50. No discount or waiver when the room occupant is paying almost $4000 a month, not after I fluttered my eyelashes, nothing. An offer of $10 on the side was politely rebuffed.

They also don't have fresh towel service after 11pm, which at the new prices is pretty much unacceptable.

It's clear the owner doesn't want our money so feel free to support other nearby hotels and the apartment owners who share our love of Peruana poon.

NOT RECOMMENDED - Residencial Las Americas in Calle de las Pizzas

Lima Busy
07-14-08, 22:26
I have availability from May 14-22 for anybody in town. Located next door to Cafe Z and only $43.00 a night! Visit here for photos and more info:http://www.travel-library.com/apartments/south_america/peru/lima/miraflores_bachelor_pad.htmlMiraflores Bachelor Pad (Sly One's temp home) may have availability the first two weeks in August (If Sly finds his new place) and then it is booked solid for the next month.

Anyone interested in these weeks can contact me and in reward for your patience we will " buy in" to a private "Sly One Party".

Suerte,

LB

Member #4351
07-14-08, 22:51
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=763521&postcount=168

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=763645&postcount=169

Lima Busy
07-20-08, 23:42
due to a cancellation (ian's headed to israel) i have the month of august open at my penthouse. i put it up on craigs list today but will offer an additional discount to isg members who contact me via pm. unfortunately it is on a first come basis so get in touch early.

* as seen on craigs list:

oceanview luxury penthouse with stunning private terrace in the heart of miraflores. internet,safe,personal cellphone for your security,bottled water for your safety!
visit miraflorespenthouse.********.com for more photos and availability.

august special- normally $985.00 per week, now only $795.00 per week. please mention you saw it on craigs list to receive this offer.
this unique, two story penthouse is located at one of the most prestigious addresses in the heart of beautiful miraflores.

this luxury building is seismically safe features 24-hour doorman, marble lobby, and two elevators. it is within easy walking distance of most of lima's best restaurants, cafe z, pizza street and tequila rocks.

this luxury apartment features imported wood floors, leather sofa's and a modern dining table for six. the bedrooms and main living areas are on the 15th floor.

the 16th floor consists of a 700 sq.ft private roof top terrace with its own bathroom and a separate laundry room. the rooftop terrace(perfect for private parties)with views of the pacific ocean,la molina's mountains as well as the beautiful night time lights of miraflores is furnished with chaise lounges and a dining table for six surrounded by exotic plants and is perfect for cocktails while watching the magnificent peruvian sunsets.

for your safety and security it is the only apartment that features pure drinking water,wi-fi high-speed internet service, electronic safe and a personal cell phone for your use during your stay.

amenities: personal cell phone,high speed internet, 30" sony cable tv, home theater,stereo, cd/dvd/mp3 player, full kitchen, microwave, refrigerator, cooking utensils, linens provided, washer, dryer, charcoal grill (bbq).

Lima Busy
08-02-08, 20:06
Due to a swicharoo with the Penthouse, The Bachelor Pad is open from tonight till August 15th. If your "in town" and want a nice apartment (normally $400.00/week) I will rent it out for $250 for one week and $450.00 for two weeks.

You can see more info here:
http://www.travel-library.com/apartments/south_america/peru/lima/miraflores_bachelor_pad.html

And PM me.
suerte,
LB

Buakao234
08-04-08, 19:20
myself and 3 colleagues of mine will come to lima in the end of august to work at a textile plant in callao, somewhere near the airport. we expect to stay in lima for about 3 months. none of us has ever been to peru before so we would appreciate some advice about good places to stay.

we want to stay in san isidro so we don't have to spend more time than necessary going to and from work.

the most important things are that the place should be girl friendly and they must have in-room high speed internet. and the room/suite should have a kitchenette.

our local representative want to put us up at daniel's apart hotel. is that ok, do you think? on the internet i can find nearby apart hotels which seem better. i think our company can accept a daily rate of usd 150.

some of the hotels i've found on the internet are: basadre suites, suites del bosque, conquistadores suites, peru star apartments, suites antique apart hotel.

can any of these hotels be recommended? or perhaps som other hotel in the san isidro area?

Lima Busy
08-05-08, 05:51
myself and 3 colleagues of mine will come to lima in the end of august to work at a textile plant in callao, somewhere near the airport. we expect to stay in lima for about 3 months. none of us has ever been to peru before so we would appreciate some advice about good places to stay.

we want to stay in san isidro so we don't have to spend more time than necessary going to and from work.

the most important things are that the place should be girl friendly and they must have in-room high speed internet. and the room/suite should have a kitchenette.

our local representative want to put us up at daniel's apart hotel. is that ok, do you think? on the internet i can find nearby apart hotels which seem better. i think our company can accept a daily rate of usd 150.

some of the hotels i've found on the internet are: basadre suites, suites del bosque, conquistadores suites, peru star apartments, suites antique apart hotel.

can any of these hotels be recommended? or perhaps som other hotel in the san isidro area?

i only have experience with peru star (stayed there 5 years ago when i was first in town) and i thought it was great. artisttyp also stayed there last year and i think he enjoyed it as well. if your combined budget for four guys is $600.00 a day you guys can each get a room (suite) at one of the top hotels in san isidro. melia lima is the closest to the airport.

i would also look into apartment rentals as you could get a decent rate (3 month rental) on a couple of furnished apartments.

pm me if you have any questions!
suerte,
lb

Sniv7211
08-08-08, 05:12
Hi LB,

I will be in town from Aug 16-24, last minute trip, by any chance is this apartment open for these dates.

Thanks.

Due to a swicharoo with the Penthouse, The Bachelor Pad is open from tonight till August 15th. If your "in town" and want a nice apartment (normally $400.00/week) I will rent it out for $250 for one week and $450.00 for two weeks.

You can see more info here:
http://www.travel-library.com/apartments/south_america/peru/lima/miraflores_bachelor_pad.html

And PM me.
suerte,
LB

Lima Busy
08-11-08, 20:54
Hi LB,

I will be in town from Aug 16-24, last minute trip, by any chance is this apartment open for these dates.

Thanks.
Sorry, I am out of the country at the moment and have not read ISG. No availabilty at the bachelor Pad. I f you are interested in the Penthouse PM me.

LB

Bigben0
08-16-08, 17:25
Hi All

Any recommendations for an apartment. Looking to stay mid nov. Mid December. Somewhere near a spanish school, beach and pubs/clubs if possible. Just me so a 1 bed is ok. Budget is around 1000US or less

Thx

Sniv7211
08-19-08, 05:39
Sorry, I am out of the country at the moment and have not read ISG. No availabilty at the bachelor Pad. I f you are interested in the Penthouse PM me.

LBLB,

When is the next available dates at the Bachelor Pad?

Thanks!

Lima Busy
08-19-08, 15:24
LB,

When is the next available dates at the Bachelor Pad?

Thanks!
September is looking like Kokomo in Lima. The Bermuda crowd,XXXgoat,Haco,Polvo,Doc Bill to name a few will all be in town!

Both the Penthouse,Bachelor pad and some other places will be booked solid until about the 22nd of September.

LB