PDA

View Full Version : Tibet

Admin
10-15-05, 06:00
Thread Starter.

Netbanker
10-15-05, 06:05
Can not wait to see the first post and sharing picture.

:-)

Crazy Jim Wood
10-16-05, 10:22
Hello all,
Sorry no pictures or juicy details.

While in Lhassa, I stayed at the Post Office Hotel. It is one block from the Potala Palace, in the same block as the district court.

Every night I received a midnight call asking if I wanted a massage in my room. As I had brought my own company, I was unable to avail myself of room service.

If you cannot wait for the call, then just call the hotel sauna, or dial "O" for operator, and get what you like.

The hotel also had a courtyard entrance which was not visible from the front desk. However, there was no elevator, and the stairs can be a killer if you are not used to the altitude.

All together a very girl-friendly establishment.

If you are not bringing company with, I highly recommend a Chinese style hotel. For a three-star hotel, like the Post Office Hotel, don't pay more than 300 RMB. There is usually a board with room rates, but always ask for a discount (bazhe).

I do not know if the cheaper, trekker-type establishments offer any room service beyond granola and muesli.

Jimbo

Pig8King8
10-16-05, 16:14
Halways ask for a discount (bazhe).I would ask that they "dazhe" as "bazhe" means 20% off. Who knows, they may give more.

Crazy Jim Wood
10-22-05, 09:43
I would ask that they "dazhe" as "bazhe" means 20% off. Who knows, they may give more.
Thank you, Piggy. I am glad that I was able to provide you the opportunity to increase your already impressive number of reports by another 20%.

Tony Winston
11-24-05, 03:14
What is the right prodedure and what kind of paper work do I need in order for me to get to Tibet from the US?

Thanks,

Tony

Blue D
11-24-05, 20:09
Seem all the providers in Tibet (at least Lhassa and other larger cities) are all girl from Sichuan, who like tour operators, hotel operators etc have come in Tibet en mass. I would appreciate if anyone can provide some tip how to find local Tibet providers.

Hello all,
Sorry no pictures or juicy details.

While in Lhassa, I stayed at the Post Office Hotel. It is one block from the Potala Palace, in the same block as the district court.

Every night I received a midnight call asking if I wanted a massage in my room. As I had brought my own company, I was unable to avail myself of room service.

If you cannot wait for the call, then just call the hotel sauna, or dial "O" for operator, and get what you like.

The hotel also had a courtyard entrance which was not visible from the front desk. However, there was no elevator, and the stairs can be a killer if you are not used to the altitude.

All together a very girl-friendly establishment.

If you are not bringing company with, I highly recommend a Chinese style hotel. For a three-star hotel, like the Post Office Hotel, don't pay more than 300 RMB. There is usually a board with room rates, but always ask for a discount (bazhe).

I do not know if the cheaper, trekker-type establishments offer any room service beyond granola and muesli.

Jimbo

Blue D
11-24-05, 20:27
All visitors other than maniland/HK/Macou Chinese need to have a "Tibet Invitation Letter" to enter Tibet. You are also supposed to have it with you at all times when u are traveling inside Tibet.
Best way to get it if just through the tour providers. All Tibet tour providers will do that for you as part of the service. There is a I believe RMB500 or 600 charge, which is by the Tibet government, not the tour operator. As a matter of fact the airline won't sell you a ticket into Tibet without this. Allow between 3-10 days before tour start, maynbe more if you book from oversea like US. Seems the time it takes varies from operator to operator, and location depenend. I had seen 3 days when booked in Chendu, but Shanghai Tibet office said 10 days! The tour operator have to submit/fax the itenary to Tibet government to get this letter. On the letter it has the days you are allowed in Tibet per the itenary. You have to showed this letter when you board the flight into Tibet. Supposingly so they can hold the operator responsible for your whereabouts when you are there. That is for flying in. If you plan to drive into Tibet I am not sure how it is managed and if they have check points at the highway (or railway station once the rail opens next year). I intend to drive in next summer and I'll find out then.
Having said that, once inside they are not too strict and they almost never check you once you got in and they don't ask to see this letter when you leave to see if you over stayed the duration.
Tibet is still politically sensitive area - so suggest no discussion on politics (come to think about it probably good idea not anywhere in China). Reisit the temptation to sneak into watching the sky burial. It's now illegal and offer to bring you to see it are usually scams.

What is the right prodedure and what kind of paper work do I need in order for me to get to Tibet from the US?

Thanks,

Tony

Taipei Traveller
05-18-06, 08:56
All visitors other than maniland/HK/Macou Chinese need to have a "Tibet Invitation Letter" to enter Tibet. You are also supposed to have it with you at all times when u are traveling inside Tibet.Blue D when did they start this, have driven in on two or three ocassions from Yunnan through Zhongdian and never been asked for this, and being a whitey stick out from the crowd on that route.

Member #4530
02-28-07, 19:37
Can anyone recommend a guest friendly hotel in Llasa where I can bring in street ladies? Does booking double occupancy help?
thanks,
waffles

Crazy Jim Wood
02-28-07, 23:33
Can anyone recommend a guest friendly hotel in Llasa where I can bring in street ladies? Does booking double occupancy help?
thanks,
waffles
Try the Post Office Hotel, nice location, reasonable rates (be sure to ask for a discount, the posted prices are not the best prices).

While I was there the phone rang nonstop with massage offers.

No need to book double occupancy.

CJW

Crazy Jim Wood
02-28-07, 23:46

Thanks,

Tony
Get the Lonely Planet China and look in Chengdu for Sam's Tours. He can get you a permit before you arrive (it takes a few days, which means you may have to twiddle thumbs in Chengdu if you do it on the fly) if you email him your passport with visa.

He can also arrange the hotel in Lhasa if you like, or you can do it online with elong.

Don't try to get a Tibet permit at a Chinese Embassy overseas, they will probably not be very helpful.

CJW

Crypton
03-01-07, 02:29
Get the Lonely Planet China and look in Chengdu for Sam's Tours. He can get you a permit before you arrive (it takes a few days, which means you may have to twiddle thumbs in Chengdu if you do it on the fly) if you email him your passport with visa.

He can also arrange the hotel in Lhasa if you like, or you can do it online with elong.

Don't try to get a Tibet permit at a Chinese Embassy overseas, they will probably not be very helpful.

CJW

I agree with this - better to get a perit beforehand. Be sure to bargain for the price.

Tiger 888
03-01-07, 03:22
I agree with this - better to get a perit beforehand. Be sure to bargain for the price.Here you find pretty much everything you need to know about Tibet except mongering. Many pitures and lots of useful inofrmation including the differnt permits you need and what happens if they catch you without.

http://www.kekexili.typepad.com

Crazy Jim Wood
03-01-07, 15:39
For Tibet travel, Sam can set you up with air tickets, hotel, and Tibet permit:
samtour at yahoo dot com

Member #4530
03-06-07, 18:48
Thanks to all for the Lhasa reponses. I've contacted Sam's Tours and he's quite helpful. He says if I fax my passport/visa ahead of time he can get me the Tibet permit with just a few hours layover in Chengdu.

If you don't mind, a few more questions:

1. What rate should I expect to pay for the Post Office Hotel?

2. Where is the Post Office Hotel? Near the Post Office? I can't locate it in any guides.

3. I know this is not Bangkok, but do you think the hotel would allow me to bring ladies in from the outside?

4. What rate should I expect to pay lady for full-service short/time in-room?

5. Will I get primarily Chinese women, Tibetan women or can I ask for either?

6. Is Cantonese or Mandarin the primary Chinese language spoken in Lhasa?

7. Can I expect any ladies to mind photographs?

8. Can I expect any English to be spoken in the hotel?

Much thanks in advance!

waffles

Crazy Jim Wood
03-06-07, 20:29
Thanks to all for the Lhasa reponses. I've contacted Sam's Tours and he's quite helpful. He says if I fax my passport/visa ahead of time he can get me the Tibet permit with just a few hours layover in Chengdu.

If you don't mind, a few more questions:

1. What rate should I expect to pay for the Post Office Hotel?

maybe 250 at most? Go to www dot elong dot net and put in Lhasa as the city. Choose something near Potala Palace. Doesn't have to be postal, they should all be about the same.

Watch out for taxi drivers, make sure they no where the hotel is, write ti down, have tel # so taxi driver can call for directions, otherwise they may just drop you off at some random place downtown claiming to not know where it is. refuse to pay if they try this trick, but don't forget they have your bags in the trunk. May be a good idea to keep bags in the cab.

2. Where is the Post Office Hotel? Near the Post Office? I can't locate it in any guides.

Near Potala palace, I think it was the same block as the Post Office. You will take a bus in from the airport, it will drop you off not too far from the Potala Palace. Everything is right there.However, if you have bags, you may need to take a cab. Shouldn't be more than 7 rmb or so, make sure they use a meter.

3. I know this is not Bangkok, but do you think the hotel would allow me to bring ladies in from the outside?

The Chinese hotels have girls in the hotel massage parlors already, they shouldn't care.

4. What rate should I expect to pay lady for full-service short/time in-room?

500? Confirm on phone when you order the massage.

5. Will I get primarily Chinese women, Tibetan women or can I ask for either?
They will be Chinese from Chengdu. I don't think you want the Tibetans, even if they are avail, even Chinese consider them dirty.

6. Is Cantonese or Mandarin the primary Chinese language spoken in Lhasa?

mandarin

7. Can I expect any ladies to mind photographs?

They ask for a rmb tip after service, regardless agreed price. Ask the chick after she undresses but before she goes to the shower, tell her no photo no tip.

8. Can I expect any English to be spoken in the hotel?

No shakespeare but enough.
CJW

Crazy Jim Wood
03-06-07, 20:40
Thanks to all for the Lhasa reponses. I've contacted Sam's Tours and he's quite helpful.
Why not just ask Sam to reserve you a room at the Post Office Hotel?

Look at www elong net to get an idea of prices, he can probably beat them.

Another recommendation: get a metal cup and thermos for carrying hot water and buy yourself some instant coffee. You can also use the cup to get butter tea at temples, etc.

A little zen for you: if the butter tea tastes good, it is not real butter tea.

You can also fill the thermos with the boiled water (kai shui) that the hotel provides. It is a good idea to fill the thermos, leave top off to let it cool, the night before, then when you leave the next day you have water that will not scald you to drink.

You can also transfer the water to plastic bottles, once it has cooled, but without metal & thermos you will be screwed for drinks.

Carry plenty of toilet paper, the bathrooms, if there are bathrooms, will not have any. I had to get some from the guy in the stall next to me. If you find yourself in this situation, the word is "zhi" (sounds like "ger" in gerbil).

For eating, I recommend the trekker hotel restaurants and independent restaurants, mostly run by Nepalis.

The Chinese food there is mostly Chengdu cousine, consisting mainly of animal innards, and tastes horrible.

The Tibetan food, like butter tea, will not taste good if it is authentic.

Think of the local food as atonement to pay for your sins.

Get into the hills around town and explore during the day, numerous day hikes available, just do perambulations around the tibetan temples.

CJW

Good luck!

Member #4530
03-12-07, 20:34
Jim,

I want to thank you for all your info. I've been in contact with Sam. His airfare prices are a bit higher then elong but we've decided to stall a month when he thinks he can get better prices.

He also agreed that any of the moderate hotels around Potala would be about the same.

Are you sure about that 500 RMB for S/T? I was paying max 200 RMB last year in Xi'an and a street girl did me well for 120. Admit I'm a newbie on China travel but $63 USD for S/T sounds high.

Thanks for everything!
Waffles

Crazy Jim Wood
03-14-07, 23:22
Waffles,
Sure, you can get it for cheaper if you go to a BBS or pick up a street girl. You can even get it for free if you work a bar. Now that I think of it the last time I paid 500 it was for two girls and photos, and in Xi'an, not Tibet. It is just a ballpark for planning purposes.

If you find a cheap Tibetan street walker you can use your change for defumigation :->

Good luck & please provide a full report upon your return!

Jimbo

Jim,

I want to thank you for all your info. I've been in contact with Sam. His airfare prices are a bit higher then elong but we've decided to stall a month when he thinks he can get better prices.

He also agreed that any of the moderate hotels around Potala would be about the same.

Are you sure about that 500 RMB for S/T? I was paying max 200 RMB last year in Xi'an and a street girl did me well for 120. Admit I'm a newbie on China travel but $63 USD for S/T sounds high.

Thanks for everything!
Waffles

Member #4530
03-16-07, 06:30
Thanks Jim,

My trip is in mid-May. I will return will a full report. In the interim, while stuck in the States, I plan and plan. With my short vacation time, I need to hit the streets running.

Waffles

Member #4530
05-22-07, 10:42
Help here my guys. I'm in Lhasa at the moment. Correct hotel etc. Plenty of offers for massage ladies to come to room from manager and staff, BUT all I'm getting is so-so talent who won't take their clothes off and want 500 yuan for hand job. I'm starting to take this personal.

My Mandarin is weak and I don't know any of the words for blow job, fuck etc. but I think I'm getting the message across. They respond with statements I can't discern, give me a one-hour conventional massage for 100 yuan and then ask 400 more for hand job using the bathroom body lotion.

Is there something wrong with this picture? Can anyone recommend other Lhasa venues?

Member #4530
06-03-07, 10:22
Thanks to Crazy Jim Wood, I recently had the honor of membership in the self-proclaimed Two Plus Mile High Club by getting a few good schtups in the highest “city” on earth, Lhasa, Tibet.

I’ve always been keen on visiting Tibet but when I got wind of some P4P action I had to add it to my list.

GETTING THERE:
Foreigners usually get to Lhasa via the recently completed railway or via air. I flew in to Lhasa on Sichuan Airlines from Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The great majority of air travelers transit through Chengdu, although there’s direct flights from Kunming, Xi’an, Beijing, Katmandu and others.

My gateway city into China was Guangzhou. I had booked a frequent flyer award ticket using United Airlines miles with routing Guangzhou-Chengdu-Lhasa-Chengdu-Guangzhou on Air China. Unfortunately when I got to Guangzhou, Air China told me my ticket issued by United was worthless and refused to honor it. I had to drop $500+ to grab some last minute tickets on China Southern and Sichuan Airlines to get to Lhasa. Am still negotiating with United over this mess.

VISA AND PERMIT
On top of a China visa, a permit is required to enter Tibet. I got my permit through Chengdu’s infamous Samuel Yue (see: http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/articles/detail?articleId=5561). Sam has a great reputation and is overall quite honest. He also arranges airfare at prices that beat my quotes from the de facto elong.net. Sam owns a hotel in Chengdu and is affiliated with hotels in Lhasa, none of which I used. Probably good deals though. Once I had my China visa, I faxed Sam my passport and visa page and he arranged the rest. In Chengdu, Sam gets 500 RMB ($65). Note I never actually saw any piece of paper stating a Tibet Permit. The 500 RMB gets you an imaginary membership in a group tour of which disperses the moment you land in Lhasa. In the Chengdu airport, a representative of Sam’s Tours accompanied me to the check-in and assured the clerk I had a permit. No stamp or any other indication of an actual permit existed to my knowledge.

ALTITUDE SICKNESS
Lhasa is at 12000’ (3700m) elevation. Altitude sickness is a concern when visiting Lhasa. The best way to handle the altitude sickness is to acclimate gradual. I.e. take the train or drive to Lhasa. I didn’t have time and flew.

Good literature on the subject can be found at: http://www.traveldoctor.co.uk/altitude.htm. Note that altitude sickness has little correlation to age, health, fitness etc. Some overweight chain-smoking geezers can step off the plane and have no symptoms while a young athlete may suffer. Its based on some inherent body physiology.

I’ve been to 12000’ and higher many times in my life via ski lifts, mountain-top hikes and drives to scenic overlooks. At worst I felt sluggish and tired, but note there’s a difference between going to 12,000 gradually and staying there for a half of day versus stepping off a pressurized aircraft and staying for more then a day. Altitude sickness takes about a half day to kick-in. In my case I had zero effect for the first 8 hours then went to the Moderate Altitude Sickness level with a nasty untreatable 24-hour headache, elevated pulse, lethargy, and inability to sleep. It also walloped my libido. By the second day I started to feel gradual better but never slept well in the six days I was there. You got to drink massive quantities of water, don’t over exert nor under exert, i.e. don’t lay in bed, instead get out and walk. Alcohol, tobacco and caffeine don’t help the situation. Travelers may take Diamox to relieve the symptoms. Some hotels, including mine, offer “Oxygen Pillows” for travelers who suffer complications. If you suffer from acute altitude sickness though, you’ll have no choice but to head back to the airport and get on the next plane to Chengdu (elevation 1600’).

I acclimated and even took a hike from 14000’ to 15000’ level on my forth day but the two hefty flights of steps to my third floor hotel room would always have me panting like a hyena.

LANGUAGE
Very little English spoken. Mandarin is the language of choice followed by the Tibetan language. Tourism industry folks, young students and hotel managers are most apt to speak English. I can speak Mandarin at about a 6-year old level.

LODGING
There’s plenty of hotels in Lhasa, none are very cheap though. I followed Crazy Jim Wood’s (CJW) advice and booked the Tibet Post Hotel at 33 Beijing Middle Rd. (ph 682-1999) for 380 RMB ($50) / night. This is beautiful hotel situated in the dead center of the city midway between the Tibetan Quarter and Chinese Quarter and one block from the infamous Potala (Dali Lama’s) Palace. I got a third floor room with a large window looking up at the Potala. Included with the room is a decent buffet breakfast and a very healthy broadband connection in the room.

Computer users should note that many laptops simply don’t work at 3700 meters altitude. Conventional hard drives are rated to work to 3000 meters. Above that there may not be enough air pressure to keep the heads floating over the disc. My laptop worked fine but my external USB mini drive didn’t. Forget using a hard drive IPOD in Lhasa, they won’t work.

There is zero English spoken in this hotel with the exception of the manager Mr. Ge Sang. Ge Sang speaks perfect English and is an important individual to know.

FOOD
Tibetan food is awful. Much of the diet is based upon Yak, Yak fat, Yak milk, Yak meat followed by barley and scant vegetables. On my trekking day in the hills I was forced to drink Yak butter tea to gain landowner permission to pass through their spreads. Its retched stuff.

There was a fast food burger restaurant in a nearby supermarket which I tried. Unable to read the menu, I ordered the most expensive burger they had. Didn’t taste too good. I later learned it was Yak.

I subsisted mostly on grocery products including Ramen noodles, fruits and vegetables and eating at Chinese restaurants. There’s some amazingly well-stocked supermarkets in town. Forget seeing any English in restaurant menus with the exception of some tourist oriented restaurants around Barkhor square. I assume the restaurants in the higher-end hotels in town have English menus as well. I was also told there’s some good Nepalese restaurants in town with English menus and healthy food with high vegetable content.

NOOKIE
I booked the Tibet Post Hotel following CJW’s advice. Unfortunately my hotel room phone wasn’t ringing with massage hours as CJW experienced. I may have had some excruciating factors with a Chinese SO who may have asked the hotel to do otherwise.

On my first day in town, suffering from a nasty headache, I asked manager Ge Sang if he could arrange a “toe an mo” or head massage. He led me out the back door of the hotel across the courtyard to a door marked “KTV” On the second floor was a series of massage rooms and a buxom Sichuanese gal arrived who performed a fabulous head massage. There was no happy ending offer which was best as I was too wiped out to be able to get it up. I did note that this KTV place had no indication of any karaoke crap and sure had the taste and feel of a genuine brothel.

The next day, feeling better, I called Ge Sang and asked if he could send a lady up to my room for a special massage. A scale 3 Chinese lady showed up and performed a decent full body massage with not the slightest offer of a happy ending. As she finished I told her exactly what I wanted and we negotiated the price to 500 RMB ($65). Expecting a good romp I was dismayed to find she kept her clothes on, grabbed the skin lotion from the bathroom and began to perform a lousy hand job while refusing to offer any other services. I threw her a 100 RMB and asked her to leave. Not exactly a catastrophe though as the libido remained scant.

After some emergency coaching on Mandarin terminology from CJW I entered the KTV on the afternoon of day 3. Bingo. They lined up four ladies. I picked the slim lanky Sichuanese and we headed back to my room. Bargaining started at $100 USD but quickly went down to 500 RMB ($65). We did the bathe and shower thing and then she opened her purse lined up an array of odd items on the nightstand, including a series of different jellied fruits in little sealed cups. She performed a Japanese style soapy for about ten minutes using her breasts and pussy and then begin opening up the items on the nightstand. The jellied fruits were placed orally into orifices and creams and powders were used for I don’t know what. Next came a well done but too quick BBBJ followed by protected FS. Lo and behold I just completed my first schtup in the highest city on earth.

I tipped her an extra 100 RMB ($13). She was dumbfounded pleaded to return the following day. I declined her offer for wanting to choose some of her colleagues next. Funny thing, about two hours after she left my phone started ringing with massage offers. I politely declined the English offer of massage and they would start shouting “Shing” “Shing” (i.e. sex). I explained that I understood but politely declined. I couldn’t do a repeat with a weak libido two hours later.

The next three days I was the King of the KTV. As I speculated it was indeed a full-fledge blessed brothel. I chose the best of the best and had a ball. Between sessions mammasan would show up at my room introducing me to new talent and always promising to come back with something more suited for me. Most of the ladies she brought up were too broad for my tastes although I repeatedly explained I preferred the petites. I also asked her to bring some Tibetan ladies of which she replied “no problem” but she never did. Mammasan was pretty damn good looking herself but declined to do me. All the ladies from the KTV performed variations on the same ritual. All lined the array of jellied fruits on the night table. I guess they all had the same instructor.

My libido was never quite normal but got better each day. I was concerned of taking some vitamin V and its effect upon altitude acclimation and the possible return of the nasty headaches I had on day 1 and 2. Regardless it turned out to have no negative effects and made me feel great. I got my two sessions a day in and on my last day three within a 24-hour period before flying out. Viva Lhasa.

CONCLUSION
Lhasa is a spectacular city to visit. I was lucky enough to be there during pilgrimage when the Tibetans pour out of the Himalayas and perform bizarre prayer rituals in Lhasa. Some great photo ops. The Dali Lamas palace is a must see.

I know little about the mongering seen in the city. I tried and stuck with a single venue that sufficed well. CJW believes there’s plenty throughout the city and my inclination is if I found so much talent from this single back alley KTV there must be excellent opportunities throughout the city. I’d venture to rate Lhasa as your basic Chinese city as far as P4P. Plenty of it, just a little trying to locate for us big-eyes.

In conclusion I have to add the standard disclaimer that Lhasa doesn’t rate as a P4P destination. I ain’t no Pattaya, the availability and pricing doesn’t compare. Regardless if you enjoy extreme travel coupled with some good schtups, it’s a wonderful place.

Waffles.

Crazy Jim Wood
06-03-07, 20:05
...I recently had the honor of membership in the self-proclaimed Two Plus Mile High Club...

Hey, welcome back! Great report! I'm glad to see that you had a good time. I guess the desire for pussy will always overcome a language barrier.

I doubt your SO called the front desk about the massage stuff, they probably just somehow missed you, or perhaps they thought you wouldn't understand Chinese.

I think most Chinese women just hope for the best when a husband/boyfriend travels unless hard evidence raises their suspicions (i.e. panties under the bed, hair ornament by the sink). I usually do a quick police call of the bed & bathroom area to get rid of the obvious, as well as the less obvious, such as left over shower caps, etc.

That yak butter tea really is rancid stuff, isn't it?

Jimbo

Member #4530
06-04-07, 08:35
Hey, welcome back! Great report! I'm glad to see that you had a good time. I guess the desire for pussy will always overcome a language barrier.

I doubt your SO called the front desk about the massage stuff, they probably just somehow missed you, or perhaps they thought you wouldn't understand Chinese.

Jimbo

Yea Jimbo, you're probably right. I may have suffered a little paranoia about the SO. I usually have a good track record of getting the massage calls at about any Chinese hotel I check into alone but it is hit and miss.

Before Tibet I was in the Guangzhou Marriott China with SO and got a massage call. Even when I went out the side door of the hotel to the 7-11 the street lady touts were handing me the lady cards with my SO alongside.

Conversely I spent a night in the Chengdu Crowne Plaza alone and got no calls and no help from the staff. I finally approached a street tout who set me up with up with a little witch for 400 RMB. An awful one nighter in Chengdu.

Anyway Jimbo, thanks for coming to my rescue. Mucho Gracius!

waffles

King Assington
11-05-09, 14:12
This is about as close as it gets to Tibet. Xining, 2 million people, all of them horny and wanting to screw.

Well I'm wanting to screw, getting them to screw is a challenge, but not impossible. Xining has some of my favorite mongering spots in China. You get off at the train station and tell some wanker of a cab driver you want to go to Datong Jie. Once there you'll be on a street near the city center. Walk away from the city center and go towards the end of Datong Jie.

You'll know you are in the right place when you find yourself in an area with a pissload of ***** stalls. They don't service you right inside, but instead they'll take you upstairs for a quick bump n' grind session. I've had a couple nice ones for 200 RmB, and one really bad one for 300 RMB. They rarely give oral, they never let you go down (though why you'd want to go down on some of these sloppy slots is beyond me), but sometimes if you tip them ahead of time they'll take time and make it a pleasurable experience.

Go down to the bottom of Datong Jie and go across the street. You'll see one of those basement sauna places. They offer the standard full service for 398 RMB. I've had two nice experience there. One girl made me get off so hard I could barely walk up the stairs when I was finished.

Lately though I've taken to getting a massage with a rub-n-tug to finish me off. Two places come to mind for a good one of these.

First is up to the right at the bottom of Datong Jie. You'll go past a couple clubs and you'll come to a large hotel on the left side of the street. I believe it is called the Little Xining hotel.

On the bottom floor there is massage place. Avoid at all costs because they charge 200 rmb for a massage and try to milk you for more. I had a so-so FS experience with one of the girls there for 500 RMB and never went back. But.. if you go up to the 5th floor you'll find a sauna. Just ask for a massage and they'll take you upstairs for a nice oil massage that runs 168 RMB with a superb titty fuck to finish you off.

The other place, 200 RMB for a simple hand job and a half assed massage is farther up the street. At the corner you'll see a ICBC bank and across the street you'll see a kodak shop. Go into the underground part and go up to the fourth floor. While the massage aren't that much to rave about, I've had a couple FS encounters there with some girls that are quite memorable.

There are some other massage/ anmo places in other locations but they really don't offer that much worth talking about. I did find a free lancer on Datong Jie one night after all the redlight shops shut down. We had a wonderful hour and a half long session in a hotel for about 300 rmb. She wasn't much to look at but that woman knows how to put out. She rode me like a horse and kept asking for more.

Very nice.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Biketrip Joe
11-18-09, 06:32
There is a sauna place in Lhasa with - they said - 15 girls. None Tibetan, unfortunately. I have seen about 6 of them, and you can certainly find nice ones.

Price ranges between 100+ and 600, depending on what you want (only massage to 2 hours FS)

The sauna is actually a wooden tank which is filled with warm water and where you sit in and get cleaned thoroughly before the massage (don't expect much from that too and nothing Finnish whatsoever).

Just ask for Honghaiwan, go to floor 3 by elevator (located right after/next to the barber shop's entrance down in the court accessible from the main street Beijing Lu)

MrMoso
09-30-11, 08:04
It is very beneficial to learn as much Mandarin as you can before you visit. It is also beneficial to learn Tibetan, but it will not be used for mongering except for dealing with a Tibetan taxi driver. In Lhasa trips should cost you 10 yuan. Get change in a tea shop or at your hotel before you go out for the night.

In Lhasa you can ask your taxi driver to take you to get a "massage". This is an effective way to ask without being embarrased or potentially offending someone. There are a few places that are located to the east and then north of the Potola on Beijing Middle Road. One of the places I visited was an amazing experience and was located on the 4th or 5th floor of a hotel. The other place was located in a large parking courtyard and was not good. At these places they will fill a large tub and scrub you with this pad thing that feels like sand paper (ouch) I love when they wash me except for the sand paper; 0 The prices were higher in Lhasa at 450 Yuan w / a 50 Yuan tip and a 600 yuan fee for the older lady at the dingy place. After the first place I tried to ask the lady for her name and I also tried to remember the location because it was sooo good. She did this water trick where she would take a big sip of water and then lick me from my feet to my neck. Ohhh that was unique and good. She also used a condom and played with my ass which really suprised the hell out of me. Then she turned me over and took my cajones into her mouth and then really sucked on my member. Unfortunately she did not do that for very long. Then I went DATY for a while. (I have more knowledge than others about why this is not a good idea, but I love it when it is clean.) I am especially fond of Asian womens nice black patches. They are so beautiful. I should have done more tricks by rubbing, kissing, and licking her in a skilled way to show my appreciation and make it more interesting. I tried to pick her up like I had done with another beautiful Chinese lady in another town. I paid her and then she washed me off and gave me a hug. I really really wish I had obtained her name and returned to this location. It was one of the best I had while in Tibet. The other place is not worth mentioning. At the other place when I left, I did see a hot younger lady. I should have asked to see the ladies first. The problem is the person that I was doing some research for tried to monopolize every hour I was in the country. He is a big leech. I really needed the mongering to help me unwind after having to deal with this guy. Also, it is very important to assess the friendly ness of ladies before proceeding. Many of the ladies will be some what emotionless which is probably due to their culture.

Shigatse is much less expensive. You should be able to donate about 200 Yuan. Look for the rooms with a red light and a girl or two in a room with curtians or a door. Watch out for overly aggressive ladies. One time I really foobarred. They try to bring in another lady so that she can make some more money. Like 100 yuan more for the next lady. Well, after letting an aggressive lady bring me back into a maze like place where I was definitely vulnerable if something was up. Would never do this in Latin america. I actually feel safer in China. Anyway I it ended up becoming ridiculous with about five women in this small room and 500 yuan being exchanged. The others were definitely not spring chickens and were not contributing to the party. Another time in Shigatse a lady started to let a girl in and I closed the door with my foot. I really did not want to do there again. I probably had the most experience in Shigatse. I never made it to the red light district because there was plenty going on near the places I stayed. These places resorted to the thermos of hot water being mixed with cold water in a bucket. It takes some getting used to. They will clean you as well as themselves if you are not skilled. Also, bring small bottle of water based lube to make it easier on the ladies. They are not aware of it. It would really make it better for them and you.

Another thing is not to let a lady visit you for the massage in the hotel. They really do not know how to massage you and then they will quote a price that will make you freaking laugh. I told her that I only wanted a massage and that I did not want to discuss it. They started at 4000 yuan. Then after my unwillingness to discuss it they said 2000 yuan. Then they said name my price. One girl was pretty hot and the other was a tag along and not that great. I told them that I did not want to disrespect them by discussing a price and that I only wanted a massage. I said that if I wanted something more that I could go outside, but that I only wanted a massage. I ended the massage session prematurely to ensure that they could not play some type of game with money and I was really tiring of their real objective to negotiate something. So, this is not worth your time. I forgot to mention that I was quoted a high price of like 1k or 2k yuan at the good place in Lhasa. I declined and was ready to walk.

So, in other towns in central Tibet, you are mostly looking for the rooms with red lights or women sitting. Sometimes it can be a barber shop like place. Also, their are bath houses in some of the places where you just pay to use a room with a wooden tub and a bench. In a slightly smaller town near Shigatse I had a working girl friend for a while that I really wish I could have spent more time with. I think she was thinking sugar daddy, foreigner who makes me really wet, or something. Anyway, unfortunately when I was not able to ever spend time with her a bit earlier in the day due to the freak who I was doing research for I think she felt like she was being used, or not happy with our lack of time together. I really enjoyed walking with her, going to the internet bar, going out to eat, Cuddling and sleeping with her. I always hated leaving at 6:30 in the morning, but I had to be back and ready for research before the others were up. One time I do think that I hurt her by doing her too long and hard. I usually take my time and I am not hard on girls. Again, I really would recommend bringing some lube to make it more pleasurable for them. My girl would be really wet at first, but then she would dry up a bit. The other ladies needed the lube to make it better for them.

So, assess for good attitude.

Bring some water based lube to be easier on the more petite ladies.

Look for the signs of hospitality.

Learn as much Mandarin and Tibetan as you can before visiting.

Treat people well.

Be willing to politely walk away when people try to charge mega prices.

Also, I did miss out on potentially a really tall hot Tibetan lady. She was really trying to get me to do something, but I was visiting my girl at that time. I think that my girl might have left for a few days and that I could have done so, but I really appreciated the companionship and amazing perks and did not want to be a stinker. I had already had a problem the second day because I did not know what was going on when she had gone to visit a customer or play cards. Her roomate who was a worker as well wanted to give me a massage. Then she wanted more and I asked her if she though the other girl would want this. I was thinking that this was really about money and misunderstood. She was a bit heavier and older and I paid her 200 yuan. I ended up really hurting my girls feelings. She was visibly upset and crying. I felt really bad and stupid. Even if it was just a sugar daddy loyalty thing, she really provided something that you will not get in this area. I think that I was just really lucky to meet her and have things work out. Ok, I am really rambling here and all of this is so disorganized.

Don't expect to find girls in areas that are all Tibetan and do not have Chinese. The young Tibetan ladies are fun to joke and play with and some of them are active.

I learned quite a bit of Tibetan, but I have forgotten it now that I have been back for a while.

Cha Normo (Tea sweet)

Cali Shew (Slowly I am going) Replied to by "Cali Pey" (walk slowly)

If someone else is leaving.

"Tashi Deley" or "Tashi Delek"

Definitely look at a lot of the Ipad Chinese apps. They are very reasonably priced and very helpful. Rosetta stone is expensive and not really adequate by itself. The spoken language is not that difficult after you start to work on the four tones. The reading and writing is what will really kick your but. I definitely want to return again without the freak who tries to make me his slave. Next time I will be able to speak Mandarin much better and understand more about the culture. It is really a very fascinating place. Definitely an adventure. Of course Spanish is like childs play compared to learning Chinese. I should say that, but the spoken language is definitely doable if you are persistant over a period of time. There are two different books on a certian online seller for language you would not ask people to teach you.

ConquerorVal
06-03-12, 01:56
Would you remember the name of the place you enjoyed in Lhasa?

It is very beneficial to learn as much Mandarin as you can before you visit. It is also beneficial to learn Tibetan, but it will not be used for mongering except for dealing with a Tibetan taxi driver. In Lhasa trips should cost you 10 yuan. Get change in a tea shop or at your hotel before you go out for the night.

In Lhasa you can ask your taxi driver to take you to get a "massage". This is an effective way to ask without being embarrased or potentially offending someone. There are a few places that are located to the east and then north of the Potola on Beijing Middle Road. One of the places I visited was an amazing experience and was located on the 4th or 5th floor of a hotel. The other place was located in a large parking courtyard and was not good. At these places they will fill a large tub and scrub you with this pad thing that feels like sand paper (ouch) I love when they wash me except for the sand paper; 0 The prices were higher in Lhasa at 450 Yuan w / a 50 Yuan tip and a 600 yuan fee for the older lady at the dingy place. After the first place I tried to ask the lady for her name and I also tried to remember the location because it was sooo good. She did this water trick where she would take a big sip of water and then lick me from my feet to my neck. Ohhh that was unique and good. She also used a condom and played with my ass which really suprised the hell out of me. Then she turned me over and took my cajones into her mouth and then really sucked on my member. Unfortunately she did not do that for very long. Then I went DATY for a while. (I have more knowledge than others about why this is not a good idea, but I love it when it is clean.) I am especially fond of Asian womens nice black patches. They are so beautiful. I should have done more tricks by rubbing, kissing, and licking her in a skilled way to show my appreciation and make it more interesting. I tried to pick her up like I had done with another beautiful Chinese lady in another town. I paid her and then she washed me off and gave me a hug. I really really wish I had obtained her name and returned to this location. It was one of the best I had while in Tibet. The other place is not worth mentioning. At the other place when I left, I did see a hot younger lady. I should have asked to see the ladies first. The problem is the person that I was doing some research for tried to monopolize every hour I was in the country. He is a big leech. I really needed the mongering to help me unwind after having to deal with this guy. Also, it is very important to assess the friendly ness of ladies before proceeding. Many of the ladies will be some what emotionless which is probably due to their culture.

Shigatse is much less expensive. You should be able to donate about 200 Yuan. Look for the rooms with a red light and a girl or two in a room with curtians or a door. Watch out for overly aggressive ladies. One time I really foobarred. They try to bring in another lady so that she can make some more money. Like 100 yuan more for the next lady. Well, after letting an aggressive lady bring me back into a maze like place where I was definitely vulnerable if something was up. Would never do this in Latin america. I actually feel safer in China. Anyway I it ended up becoming ridiculous with about five women in this small room and 500 yuan being exchanged. The others were definitely not spring chickens and were not contributing to the party. Another time in Shigatse a lady started to let a girl in and I closed the door with my foot. I really did not want to do there again. I probably had the most experience in Shigatse. I never made it to the red light district because there was plenty going on near the places I stayed. These places resorted to the thermos of hot water being mixed with cold water in a bucket. It takes some getting used to. They will clean you as well as themselves if you are not skilled. Also, bring small bottle of water based lube to make it easier on the ladies. They are not aware of it. It would really make it better for them and you.

Another thing is not to let a lady visit you for the massage in the hotel. They really do not know how to massage you and then they will quote a price that will make you freaking laugh. I told her that I only wanted a massage and that I did not want to discuss it. They started at 4000 yuan. Then after my unwillingness to discuss it they said 2000 yuan. Then they said name my price. One girl was pretty hot and the other was a tag along and not that great. I told them that I did not want to disrespect them by discussing a price and that I only wanted a massage. I said that if I wanted something more that I could go outside, but that I only wanted a massage. I ended the massage session prematurely to ensure that they could not play some type of game with money and I was really tiring of their real objective to negotiate something. So, this is not worth your time. I forgot to mention that I was quoted a high price of like 1k or 2k yuan at the good place in Lhasa. I declined and was ready to walk.

So, in other towns in central Tibet, you are mostly looking for the rooms with red lights or women sitting. Sometimes it can be a barber shop like place. Also, their are bath houses in some of the places where you just pay to use a room with a wooden tub and a bench. In a slightly smaller town near Shigatse I had a working girl friend for a while that I really wish I could have spent more time with. I think she was thinking sugar daddy, foreigner who makes me really wet, or something. Anyway, unfortunately when I was not able to ever spend time with her a bit earlier in the day due to the freak who I was doing research for I think she felt like she was being used, or not happy with our lack of time together. I really enjoyed walking with her, going to the internet bar, going out to eat, Cuddling and sleeping with her. I always hated leaving at 6:30 in the morning, but I had to be back and ready for research before the others were up. One time I do think that I hurt her by doing her too long and hard. I usually take my time and I am not hard on girls. Again, I really would recommend bringing some lube to make it more pleasurable for them. My girl would be really wet at first, but then she would dry up a bit. The other ladies needed the lube to make it better for them.

So, assess for good attitude.

Bring some water based lube to be easier on the more petite ladies.

Look for the signs of hospitality.

Learn as much Mandarin and Tibetan as you can before visiting.

Treat people well.

Be willing to politely walk away when people try to charge mega prices.

Also, I did miss out on potentially a really tall hot Tibetan lady. She was really trying to get me to do something, but I was visiting my girl at that time. I think that my girl might have left for a few days and that I could have done so, but I really appreciated the companionship and amazing perks and did not want to be a stinker. I had already had a problem the second day because I did not know what was going on when she had gone to visit a customer or play cards. Her roomate who was a worker as well wanted to give me a massage. Then she wanted more and I asked her if she though the other girl would want this. I was thinking that this was really about money and misunderstood. She was a bit heavier and older and I paid her 200 yuan. I ended up really hurting my girls feelings. She was visibly upset and crying. I felt really bad and stupid. Even if it was just a sugar daddy loyalty thing, she really provided something that you will not get in this area. I think that I was just really lucky to meet her and have things work out. Ok, I am really rambling here and all of this is so disorganized.

Don't expect to find girls in areas that are all Tibetan and do not have Chinese. The young Tibetan ladies are fun to joke and play with and some of them are active.

I learned quite a bit of Tibetan, but I have forgotten it now that I have been back for a while.

Cha Normo (Tea sweet)

Cali Shew (Slowly I am going) Replied to by "Cali Pey" (walk slowly)

If someone else is leaving.

"Tashi Deley" or "Tashi Delek"

Definitely look at a lot of the Ipad Chinese apps. They are very reasonably priced and very helpful. Rosetta stone is expensive and not really adequate by itself. The spoken language is not that difficult after you start to work on the four tones. The reading and writing is what will really kick your but. I definitely want to return again without the freak who tries to make me his slave. Next time I will be able to speak Mandarin much better and understand more about the culture. It is really a very fascinating place. Definitely an adventure. Of course Spanish is like childs play compared to learning Chinese. I should say that, but the spoken language is definitely doable if you are persistant over a period of time. There are two different books on a certian online seller for language you would not ask people to teach you.