PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Maxx Maxx
01-20-09, 00:32
I don't know if this is the right thred. Iam going to Thailand soon and I haven't been there before. Is it some one here how can be a guide there?

Mimonger
01-24-09, 19:32
When are you going?

Delta6
01-27-09, 13:10
Just got back from Thailand. Seems almost all flights back to USA leave around 2 am, plus or minus. By the time I get on the plane and settle in I'm beat. I had a layover at Inchon, and after only six hours on the plane I had been up close to 24 hours, and my ass was draggin. On the second level, up with the airlines vip lounges there is a transit hotel What a good deal. I booked 8 hrs for $60us. The room was spotless, big bath room with large shower. Lots of counter/desk space if you need to work. Kinda soft bed (for Asia). Air/Heat control, mini bar. Quiet, dark with no windows. Showered, slept six hours, arranged my gear. At checkout they dropped the bill to $48us, because I only stayed 6 hours. What a deal. The transit hotel is only 5 min for the security gate that one must go thru to change planes. Ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. Clean, quiet eating joints on second level. There are two Transit hotels in the airport, one at each end of the international transfer areas.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Rocky2009
02-04-09, 17:40
Hello Friends,

I am coming to BKK on 21 Feb 09 and will stay at Pattaya for 04 to 05 days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated if I get before departure.

UrbanWildlife
02-10-09, 06:49
In a matter of hours "Urbanwildlife" will be leaving for Bangkok for some fun and excitement! :) Anyone who reads the Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and Colombia forums knows I am all about having fun and creating a party, so feel free to join in!. The first few beers/drinks are on me. :) Send me a p.m so we can set up a time to meet at "Giottos" Livingstone Lodge, as I am sure he will appreciate the business!

Iseeu
02-15-09, 00:19
Tried to send you a PM, but you're not set up to receive them.

I've managed to clear my schedule and can come to Thailand next week, Feb. 23rd to 26th. Let me know if you're still in town.

Italy 1974
02-15-09, 11:05
Tried to send you a PM, but you're not set up to receive them.

I've managed to clear my schedule and can come to Thailand next week, Feb. 23rd to 26th. Let me know if you're still in town.Great news!

I will be in Thailand until march 1st.

On 23rd and 24th I will be in Rayong and Pattaya and back to Bangkok on 25th.
We can also meet up in Pattaya: much fun overthere.

I hope to be enabled to send and receive messages as soon as possible (I have sent money one week ago) so that we can keep in touch easily.

See you in the land of smiles!

Italy 1974

Kimo29
02-16-09, 11:53
Fellow Mongers,

I am planning my 3rd visit to LOS for 18 days next August low season in oder to benfit from the recession First time been to Bangkok and phuket and second time it was Pattaya on new years eve 2006/2007.

So now as usual I will need your inputs

With respect to Bangkok (4 days) I am fine with Majestic Grande nice super hotel around 100US$ good reviews and in the middle of sukhumvit road although I would have loved to Stay at LL and meet our GODFATHER Gittos however I prefer a luxury hotel this time. I know about night life in Bangkok so I will be calling at spasso cm2, the rising star oil MP Tulip I would love to be pampered by the infamous Miss Yok and partners may be Annies or Emmunella too

Now my problem is in phuket last time (2005 post tusnami) I stayed at Patong resort it was amazing this time I heard about the Patong Beach Hotel and their offer to stay 14 nights and pay 7 nights 100US$ you will get 7 free night pay only breakfast 650 THB (18us$) total 808US$ I wonder if their policey is still GF I. E no Junior fees a colleague of Mine was there last November and they have been chraging him 1000 THB every night for bringing girls with him. I tired to get the hotel website by googling it but all my approach were fruitless can anyone let me have their e-mail address just be extra sure of their current policey.

Another option Safari hotel where my beloved savoy resturant is located it looks nice and just in the heart of Bangla road. They are quoting in their promotion 2250. THB 65US$ total 910US$.

Can you guys help me out should I stick to the old patong resort or do you have any other alternative my budget is fine anywhere from 50 till 60US$ although I would love to save money for our favorite hobby

Apperciate your comments.

Cheers!

Dinghy
02-19-09, 05:40
Just so you know Delta - Asiana and Korean usually supply a room (not if you are on a free tick - supplied thru "Delta", of course - though, as I found out.) For practicality, try to get the earliest flight out of BKK and you will get the most sleep if they do provide a room. PERSONALLY, I like ASIANA better

ASK AT THE AIRLINE INFO COUNTER. Korean is the one that gives the most trouble about the "free room"

Dinghy
02-19-09, 05:42
Kimo - I hope you are ready to be "wet" - the reason it's "low season" is because it's WET season. A little later - like late Sept is a LOT better

There 3 seasons in Thailand - "HOT AND WET" (May to September), "NOT SO WET AND HOT" (April and October) and "NOT SO HOT AND NOT QUITE SO WET" (November to March) :)

Kimo29
02-19-09, 08:05
Dinghy thank you mate but I already know that I ve been to Thailand in the raing season first of September so don't worry man

Can you guys please help me as far as the hotels in phuket are concerned I received an e-mail from patong informing me that since I will be staying for 14 consecutive nights they will offer me a good discount 2000 THB double occupancey for standard room (last it was ok I am not sure now what I will find) as for the delux rooms 2600 THB.

I Know guys that it is still early but I would love to hear your comments!

Cheers

Kimo29
02-19-09, 13:09
Guys,

I just received an e-mail from Patong Resort informing me if I will bring girl to my room they will charge me extra 700 THB WTF thus I am now limited to safari and patong beach can anyone let me have the e-mail of patong beach to contact them to be extra sure that they are GF.

Stiffoak 571
02-21-09, 11:22
The "diving in Thailand" idea has worked again at home!

So Im in Bangkok 28-31 March

then Phuket until April 10

Staying at LL while in BKK (where else!)

and gone for the Yorkshire while in Patong as its so close to Bangla - useful for the ST options I hope!

Flights not as good as Id hoped - spent 1 1/2 hours in Trailfinders finally got Prem Economy on Eva for £970 including the internal flights on Thai

Thai wanted £3000 for the trip!!

Nibiru
02-23-09, 18:46
Howdy, heading in from UAE to visit Thailand for the first time. Still trying to do a little reseach here.

Found a couple Hotels in Pattaya: Queen Vic and Beach Inn (on walking street) both GF and low cost. Although I have yet to find the latter's exact location.

Couple question re: Phiket/Patong area. Looking to do some diving around James Bond Island, but also play on the land. Any sugestion on Hotels in that area/near some good girlie bars?

In BKK I have free nights at Hilton to use. Although I do not know which I should choose. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you have any sugestions-thanks -If you are heading to UAE PM me, have a few excellent numbers if you like cute fillapino and CIS girls.

Kimo29
02-25-09, 12:49
Guys,

Can you please furnish me with the contact details for the Patong Beach Hotel to ascertain that they are still GF there offer to stay 7 nights and take another 7 free is very tempting but I aint want to find my self paying 1000 THB for my TG every single night.

Safari is ok but they don't have any offers they just lowered their rates to be 2250. THB APPROX 65 US$ for the conteporary Thai Deluxe way too much for August don't you agree. It seems that the recession and the global finacial crises did not reach Thailand yet

I really appreciate your comments and if anyone have other thoughts about other promotions during August.

Thanks guys!

Flight Guy
03-06-09, 13:39
Anyone planning to be in Pattaya the days of Mar 12/13/14? I will be staying around Soy 8, and looking for some selfish fun! Might be fun to hang out with others who share the same. Uhm. "hobby"!

NicFrenchy
03-07-09, 02:27
Hello,

My name ir kirk and I am from Nebraska, I am coming to Thailand and need a babysitter because I can't go out on my own.... please help me

Great Guy
03-07-09, 03:25
Hello,

My name ir kirk and I am from Nebraska, I am coming to Thailand and need a babysitter because I can't go out on my own.... please help me

Gee, Nic....

WTF?

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

P.S. How old is your baby?

Easy2007
03-07-09, 06:32
Any hotel that is not Girl Friendly, you should cancel your reservation with them and write to them saying that its now the 21st century, and if they cannot accept a "guest" then they will not get your business, and you will inform anyone and everyone possible that their hotel is "not recommened", this will include many on line internet "hotel reviews" where people can post their opinions on a hotel.

You are within your rights to do so. You cannot of course make anything up, but you are entitled to say "I do not recommend this hotel at all".

Its the only way to sort out some of these glorified assholes who are hotel managers.

Guys,

I just received an e-mail from Patong Resort informing me if I will bring girl to my room they will charge me extra 700 THB WTF thus I am now limited to safari and patong beach can anyone let me have the e-mail of patong beach to contact them to be extra sure that they are GF.

Member #2041
03-07-09, 08:21
Guys,

Try Deevana Patong.

NicFrenchy
03-07-09, 10:48
Gee, Nic....

WTF?

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

P.S. How old is your baby?

It was meant to be a joke... (obviously I failed)

What is the PS about?

Great Guy
03-07-09, 11:30
It was meant to be a joke... (obviously I failed)

What is the PS about?

No! No! You didn't fail! It was so funny that I couldn't resist commenting.

Oh, and the PS ==> If the baby is over 17 (and a good looking female), I might be interested.

Anyhow, thanks for your humor!

GG

Dinghy
03-07-09, 16:17
sometimes humour is lost on the french...
unless it's IN french of course...:)

Chaton31
03-08-09, 13:50
Any one near Bangkok or Pattaya?

I planned to be there from March 20 till 23th.

Fredyann
03-08-09, 17:00
I'll be to Bangkok 4 days from 14-18. If anybody ther ?

Fredlena
03-12-09, 03:06
Hi,

I'll be in BKK from 31 March. Is there someone who want to share one or 2 girls with me.

I plan to go to beer garden soi7 sukhumvit and catch 1 or 2 girls with volonteer.

1Ball
03-13-09, 00:47
I think this might be a pretty good price for flights from SFO to Asia.
It is with EVA. Not much of a window of opportunity, only 2 days during the month of march, but here is the info anyway. BKK is $606 plus tax.

from the website :
"Last Minute Deals - Departure from San Francisco to Taipei and S.E. Asia Starting Fare from USD560* Plus Tax

EVA Airways is offering a special fare for flights departing from San Francisco to Taipei and S.E. Asia on BR17/24March or BR07/31March! To take advantage of these particular fares, tickets must be purchased on/before March 23, 2009 with qualified condition."

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/English/deals/America/promotions_SFO_031101

Ken Orvik
03-13-09, 19:52
I search the net every day for prices on airline tickets.

I will go to Bkk on the 24th. april. I got a nice price from KLM when I booked. Now I see the prices are even more down. but thats ok.

I also try to book a ticket 28th. July to 15th. august, but the prices are just horrible.

Anyone have some advice on this. "summertime" in Thailand used to be the really low season and now they price it like Christmas??????

I can fly Aeroflot for about 8000 nok. or 800 Pounds sterling, but I still think this is expensive.

Any good advice would be apriceated!

Ken.

PinkPearl
03-13-09, 20:51
I also try to book a ticket 28th. July to 15th. August, but the prices are just horrible.

Anyone have some advice on this. "summertime" in Thailand used to be the really low season and now they price it like Christmas? My travel agent says prices are lower in early September.

Something to do with students going back to school, so not travelling? Also the summer time in many areas of the world is pleasant compared to the autumn and early winter.

Bloodstock
03-14-09, 00:42
Hey there, Ken

I have a piece of advice for you. Check from Stockholm to Bangkok. I did a search right now for those dates that you wanted to go from July to August and directly found a rate for about 6600 SEK. Equaling a bit over 5000 NOK. So. The advice would be to get a cheap plane (with Norwegian or something) over to Stockholm, and then take the plane from Arlanda. The tickets I found were with Thai too, so a good airline

Hope this helps.

I search the net every day for prices on airline tickets.

I will go to Bkk on the 24th. april. I got a nice price from KLM when I booked. Now I see the prices are even more down. but thats ok.

I also try to book a ticket 28th. July to 15th. august, but the prices are just horrible.

Anyone have some advice on this. "summertime" in Thailand used to be the really low season and now they price it like Christmas?

I can fly Aeroflot for about 8000 nok. or 800 Pounds sterling, but I still think this is expensive.

Any good advice would be apriceated!

Ken.

Belmont
03-14-09, 02:41
Greetings,
China Air SFO-BKK
April 20- May 20 $699 total.
Many Dates available at this price!
Very good Flight departure times and connections!
I'm there! See Ya'll in Pattaya!

Belmont
03-14-09, 02:47
The "diving in Thailand" idea has worked again at home!

You didn't mention it was Muff Diving! ;-) LOL
Congrats on your get away!

Belmont
03-14-09, 02:58
WOW!
I just returned 2/26 VIA Korean air with 8.5 hr layover:-( I considered the transit hotel, transit tour also. But I was in similar condition(Tired as h___)
I did the transit lounge and rent a shower, but clearly missed the real values here! Wish I knew this sooner, TRUELY Valuable Information!!!!
Thanks a TON!!! Next time.

Just so you know Delta - Asiana and Korean usually supply a room (not if you are on a free tick - supplied thru "Delta", of course - though, as I found out.) For practicality, try to get the earliest flight out of BKK and you will get the most sleep if they do provide a room. PERSONALLY, I like ASIANA better

ASK AT THE AIRLINE INFO COUNTER. Korean is the one that gives the most trouble about the "free room"

Just got back from Thailand. Seems almost all flights back to USA leave around 2 am, plus or minus. By the time I get on the plane and settle in I'm beat. I had a layover at Inchon, and after only six hours on the plane I had been up close to 24 hours, and my ass was draggin. On the second level, up with the airlines vip lounges there is a transit hotel What a good deal. I booked 8 hrs for $60us. The room was spotless, big bath room with large shower. Lots of counter/desk space if you need to work. Kinda soft bed (for Asia). Air/Heat control, mini bar. Quiet, dark with no windows. Showered, slept six hours, arranged my gear. At checkout they dropped the bill to $48us, because I only stayed 6 hours. What a deal. The transit hotel is only 5 min for the security gate that one must go thru to change planes. Ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. Clean, quiet eating joints on second level. There are two Transit hotels in the airport, one at each end of the international transfer areas.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

NicFrenchy
03-14-09, 03:34
No! No! You didn't fail! It was so funny that I couldn't resist commenting.

oh, then I completely misunderstood your post LOL
;)

Kimo29
03-14-09, 10:59
Thank guys for the responses I really appreciate if anyone one can furnish me with the contact details of Patong Beach Hotel? I can't locate their website on the internet.

Ken Orvik
03-14-09, 19:46
Where did you find that price????
When I search on Kelkoo.se I find nothing near that price.
When I search on Thai airways i get a price of over 11000.

Hey there, Ken

I have a piece of advice for you. Check from Stockholm to Bangkok. I did a search right now for those dates that you wanted to go from July to August and directly found a rate for about 6600 SEK. Equaling a bit over 5000 NOK. So. The advice would be to get a cheap plane (with Norwegian or something) over to Stockholm, and then take the plane from Arlanda. The tickets I found were with Thai too, so a good airline

Hope this helps.

Bloodstock
03-14-09, 23:57
I did a search on exactly those dates you wish to travel on, and on Kelkoo. Se, and get a quote of 6618 SEK through MrJet. Se. Just do a normal search and let it search for all airlines. Then choose to let it list the results by lowest price I just did it again, so the price is still valid.

If those dates arent SOLID, I would recommend doing a search on MrJet. Se instead. There's a quoted price with where you depart 29th July and go back the 16th August with Aerosvit Airlines for 5228 SEK

So. There are certainly good prices out there.

Where did you find that price?

When I search on Kelkoo. Se I find nothing near that price.

When I search on Thai airways I get a price of over 11000.

Dextro Sol
03-15-09, 00:03
Where did you find that price?

When I search on Kelkoo.se I find nothing near that price.

When I search on Thai airways i get a price of over 11000.Maybe its forbidden to recomened travel agencies at the forum, dont know, but if so is the case, I guess Admin will delete this post.

Try this one: http://www.nonkistravel.se/

CocoLove
03-19-09, 18:52
Hi any ideas where to go, girlfriend like to look maybe if time right can have fun, any places with girls that like to have fun.

Fifty Fifty
03-20-09, 12:49
Hi any ideas where to go, girlfriend like to look maybe if time right can have fun, any places with girls that like to have fun.

Most girls just wanna have fun, I know cos Cyndi Lauper told me so.

Actually I am in the same postion as you re GF, so may I suggest you try.......

Thailand!!! However as anywhere, YMMV.

I think you may find what you are looking for almost anywhere in LOS, but as far as I can gather, Pattaya would be a good start. It really depends on your other interests too, by which I mean Touristy things etc.

Cheers, FF

Kimo29
03-28-09, 13:39
Guys,

I really need your help I will be staying for 15 nights in phuket from (24/8/2009 till 7/9 /2009)obviously the only promotion is at Patong Beach hotel you stay 13 or 14 nights pay 8 the rate is 3350 THB and you pay 650 THB (breakfast)for each free night the draw back is they charfe 100-THB for guest I don't find their e-mail or number to ascertain this fact.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel near bangla,

My last stay was at Patong resort good location and price but not GF anymore 1000. THB jonior fees my only alternative is Safari Beach hotel 2250 THB for contemprary Thai Deluxe.

Any other recommendations since I will be staying in the low season I have thought may be I wait till I arrive to Bangkok and check with any travel agent may be they can get me a hot deal since I will be staying for 4 nights at MG.

Thanks guys for your usual assistance.

Barko
03-28-09, 21:46
Thanks guys for your usual assistance.Throwing my hat in. Local stuff:

Staying for that long you should get an apartment.

-If you want to be near the beach, (2 minutes walk) fairly close to the nighlife (10 minutes walk) try "Swiss Palm Beach", it's 1/2 block back from Graceland. Full kitchen, 1 or 2 bedroom, full living room, great pool scene, and about as 'blind eye' guest friendly as ever could be here. This is one place where, once discovered, people young and old continue to come back year after year, if that tells you anything. Simply terrific restaurant.

Swiss Palm Beach website:

http://www.swisspalmbeach.com/english/index_en.php

I think that the Thai guy (that has run the front desk for a long time) is still there, his name is 'Woody'. Just call, it's a very friendly operation.

-Another place you may want to consider, which is more like your standard offbeach hotel with a great pool, is The "Yorkshire Inn". Beach is 5 min, and Bangla is 2 min. Guest friendly, just make sure to cover it by making the rezzies for 2. If you get an apartment you can have as many guests as you want. Heh.

Yorkshire Inn website:

http://www.yorkshireinn.com/index.html

Agoda.com has the best rates for the Yorkshire.

-If you want an outstaningly cheap room, with a back door key of your very own, and more of a local style (Don't blow money on shit that doesn't count). Go to Harry's Steakhouse. 1 min to the beach, 3 min Bangla. Upstairs rooms, no pool. But the rooms are great and you are right in the middle of everything. (A Swedish friend stays there for 2 months a year and loves it) Approximately 800 Baht/night. The restaurant is excellent, and there is a Big One grocery next door, Subway Sandwiches next to that.

Harry's website:

http://www.harrys-phuket.com/harrypatong.htm

If you do call Harry's Patong for reservations, tell them that your friend knows "Michael" the owner.

Hope that helps some Kimo. Those other places you mentioned are pretty cold and impersonal IMO.

Barko

Belmont
03-29-09, 01:31
Guys,
Can anyone recommend a good hotel near bangla,

Try Lawan residents, very close and good price!
You can google them.

Fifty Fifty
03-30-09, 09:39
Ok due to a change of work plans I find myself free for 3 weeks or so, heading off to LOS on Wednesday 1st April. As usual taking my ''interesting'' Kazakh Girlfriend with me, I've had all the 'Coals to Newcastle' jibes, but what the heck.

Intention is to go to Pattaya for the first few days, no idea where we will stay yet, but probably Areca Lodge or similar, after all there are plenty to choose from.

Then onward to Koh Chang for a week or so, also nothing booked yet, but we will probably stay south of White Sands area.

Anyone up for a beer or chat, give me a PM. My girl is interested in seeing a decent show, so any advice on where to go also appreciated.

Cheers, FF

Fredlena
03-31-09, 06:57
Hi,

Yes! I'm in BKK, my offer is still available. Don't hesitate to contact me

Fred

Hi,

I'll be in BKK from 31 March. Is there someone who want to share one or 2 girls with me.

I plan to go to beer garden soi7 sukhumvit and catch 1 or 2 girls with volonteer.

Kimo29
03-31-09, 08:14
Dear Barko,

Thank you very much mate for this info highly appreciated.

i have checked the website and i think yorkshire is the best hmm at the rate of 1500.THB approx 43 US$ x 15 = 645 less than any of the resorts by 255US$ namely safari beach hotel although that hotel is in the heart of everything do u think that for 255 US$ it worth it to stay at safari i am not an appartment guy prefer to be in a resort!

So any other options?

Thank you for your help.

M P Lurker
03-31-09, 13:39
My girl is interested in seeing a decent show, so any advice on where to go also appreciated.

Cheers, FF
What do you mean by "decent show"???
Siam Niramit perhaps?

Fifty Fifty
04-02-09, 04:43
What do you mean by "decent show"???
Siam Niramit perhaps?

I meant a show such as in Cowboy - Long Gun or Nana - Angel Witch.

Nothing special, but half decent, entertaining etc. She enjoyed them both and I wondered what was available of a similar type in Pattaya.

Cheers, FF

LukeSkyWanker
04-04-09, 10:08
My pooying has said the red shirts are heading to Bangkok on the 8th or 9th of April, she said they might try to blockade the airport. I can't see the Thai government allowing it to happen a second time with the loss of revenue and damage it creates to numbers of tourists.

Anybody else heard any reports of a similar nature.

I leave on the 8th at 22:00 may the force be with you.

Dinghy
04-04-09, 21:46
Can the red shirts REALLY be that STUPID? They are "working class" - it will hurt THEM more than it will hurt anyone ELSE.

Brathet Thai STILL hasn't recovered from the double whammy of a global recession and the LAST airport shutdown :(

LittleBigMan
04-05-09, 05:23
I think this subject has been spoken many times.. Thai's will bite the hands that feeds them! It didn't stop the yellow shirts.

Red shirt I hear many are being paid 300/500 baht a day to go out to show a force being funded by Thaksin? The dates method happens to be the start of the Asean Summit in Pattaya on the 8,9,10 if April, Funny the timing. The question here is whether the police and Army which I hear supported the yellow shirt silently allow it to be done peacefully?

Not a expert just a opinion and observation! LBM

Blake1
04-05-09, 09:21
Can anyone recommend a good hotel near bangla.Hi Kimo29,

The hotels below are all GF. Most of he beach hotels are NOT, this is why I would not stay there!

There few hotels in the immediate neighbourhood of Bangla road.

PS hotel: walk o Bangla: 20 secs. Would not recommend it. Noisy, old fashioned but probably the second best location.

C&N hotel: walk to Bangla: 30 secs. I've stayed there two times, quality hotel, reasonable prices, rooms at the back side are better (calm), no pool. Free airport pickup if you stay 3 nights.

The White Rose: walk to bangla: 40 secs. 3 suites only, a few yards away from the Yorkshire Inn, never stayed there (saw it from the outside) but it seems really excellent! Pool is shared with Tai Life (next door).

Ricos Hotel: walk to Bangla: 10 secs. This one is not in the neighbourhood anymore, it is on Bangla road.

K Hotel: walk to Bangla: 30 secs. Lost in a beautiful garden but so central position. Has got a pool!

These are the closest hotels to Bangla, but of course there are many more! And hundreds of guesthouses.

Be careful when you see the hotel location on a map present on its website! What seems to be yards away become often a 5 or 10 minutes walk! My choice was to always stay next to Bangla, up to you to make your choice.

Dobinator1
04-06-09, 05:54
I am just curious where folks are turning to to get good airfares to LOS and back. I fly out of SFO, and am looking to go back in October. I've looked on cheapoair.com, and even Singapore air seems to have some good deals, and every Sunday in the paper I see cut rate fares advertised, but when I call those places, surprisingly the fare isn't available.

Any hints that would make it easier to visit more often?

Fun And Sun
04-06-09, 22:34
Will be in Pattaya from around 17 to 27 April, so if anyone is up for a few beers and swapping war stories, send me a PM.

LittleBigMan
04-07-09, 03:29
Coming out from SFO, myself I have used many airlines in the past but now prefer Eva Air. because of the service and the fact that it goes to Tapei instead of through Narita. Recently and many of my buddies also use Eva are here now and the price they pay for coach just under $800 USD. Last summer it was at $1100 USD. Of course no one knows what it will be now since your plans is so far down the road. But you can log in to EvaAir.com and place you dates and give it a try!

LBM

Slylock
04-07-09, 10:19
I am just curious where folks are turning to to get good airfares to LOS and back. I fly out of SFO, and am looking to go back in October. I've looked on cheapoair.com, and even Singapore air seems to have some good deals, and every Sunday in the paper I see cut rate fares advertised, but when I call those places, surprisingly the fare isn't available.

Any hints that would make it easier to visit more often?LBM is right about EVA, the staff is good and the service is nice.

The Sunday paper ads are a good way to go. If you get a place that says the flight is booked then they never actually had the flight at that price but are just fishing for people. Call several places and see. There are travel agencies that perform a clearing house function for the airlines and sell off under booked flights for cheap. They usually have small adds in the travel sections listing cities and prices. You will know which are 'legit' by the size of the ad (small) and that they advertise during the week also.

There is nothing wrong with flying through Narita. It actually has a cheaper tax structure then most North Asian airports and the setup is nice. you do not need to walk far for food and or places to smoke.

The main trick to cheap airfares are thus:

1. Flexibility on departure day and times.

2. Late booking, I know the airlines say book early but they only say that to sell flights to full. As a flights departure gets closer, the more desperate they get to sell it full, so they lower the price. But they do this thru the clearing house agents (as mentioned above).

3. Be willing to make between 2 - 4 stops. As an example if you fly out of Portland you may first go to Narita then HK then onto Bangkok. If the travel agent can place you on under booked flights through out your trip the cheaper it will be. This may not be a nice way to travel but it still better then when we had to use boats! lol

4. Be flexible on your return date. As an example say you want to leave between July 4-6 and return Aug 1-3. With this they can find the best rates!

5. Tell the Agent you want the lowest fare possible and shop around. Be willing to fly different airlines during your trip. Airlines have partnerships and try to move people around to fill short sold flights.

If you will be traveling alone follow these tips to help upgrade your trip to even out the hassles.

http://listverse.com/travel/top-10-flight-upgrade-tips/

Hope that helps!

Slylock

Barko
04-07-09, 15:11
EVA is heavily discounting fares right now. All you have to do is look on their website, insert some dates, and tweak it around a little. if your dates are not available, try other dates, if you hit a wall, exit the site and come back, it changes all the time.

It took me 3 minutes to find this: LAX-BKK-LAX 4/26 to 5/18 RT: $672.40 USD TOTAL. And, yes that includes everything, fuel surcharge, all taxes, etc. (Base rate w/fuel = $596, then $76.40 in tax.) That is as freakin cheap as I have seen ANY CARRIER in a long long time. SFO departures are just a tiny bit more. (EVA is not bad at all: Economy 34" seat pitch, 17+" seat width, almost as fast as the THAI Air nonstop, and if you're ballsy & a little lucky-some hot Chinese 'tang to tease on the way.)

Dirty ass, ground level, stupid fucking cheap. I was going to say a bunch of other dumbshit stuff here, never mind.

Look: Seriously. No bullshit, no excuses, don't think, and stop dreaming. Pack your bags, it's time to hit Bangkok.

LittleBigMan
04-08-09, 04:07
I've been with the airlines for nearly 30 years and trying to beat them is going to be hard. There are so many variables to their fare structures. As to the request that you are looking for a fare in October, so much can happen between now and then. If things turn around by October the fare could be back up to 1200USD or if you're lucky things goe bad and the fare is low. But if you been going to Thailand for years then you know that the fare Barko quoted is damn good no matter who is offering it! Now I'm not sure you can even get that fare now for a trip in October and it's going to make a difference when you leave and return. When it comes to Eva, put in different days to depart and arrival, play around with the dates because different times of the season and days Eva has a late afternoon flight out of SFO, that is slightly cheaper.

What do you do? Sometimes people lose their common sense when it comes to money! You have to balance things out and figure out what is reasonable. When it comes to flights that make several stops and save you only 150 USD but take 8 hours longer I say forget it " time is money " I had friends ask me to book them a flight to Thailand that was cheaper by a small amount and by the time they got to Thailand they say never again!

When it comes to Narita, from SFO, its takes 10.5 hours and then another 6.5 to Bangkok and that doesn't include waiting time in Narita. And I hate that in Narita, when you get off the plane and go through their security it seems like every flight entering Narita is going through the same check point! Crowded! SFO/TPE, is 13.5, security is short and fast and to Bangkok only another 3.5 mentally it is a better for me.

I'm checking flights now to return to SFO, round trip on Eva, in June and the price which is usually cheaper than from SFO/BKK is 39,000 baht. Should I buy now or wait? will the price go down? if I wait and the dollar weakens more vs, the baht then it's going to cost me more? Its a gamble as you can see! How much can one save or just lose out?

LBM

Dobinator1
04-08-09, 05:22
Thanks for all the good tips on flights! Truly, everything you need to know in the world is in this forum!

I agree with LBM and would spend a little more to get their faster. After all, it is quality time in LOS that we are looking for!

Jay Hodge
04-09-09, 00:00
I am planning my second trip to LOS, almost exactly 1 year after my first one to Bangkok-Pattaya last August. This time I will be taking 2 weeks off instead of only 1, and so I am planning to include Phuket as a destination, along with BKK and Pattaya. Here is my plan, 4 month ahead of departure, tweaking it daily to enjoy these 2 weeks as much as possible. I really need them to survive the next 50, until my next trip there.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (last year's feedbacks were so useful btw, thx again)

Day 1: Arrive in BKK airport, take local flight to Phuket, probably Bangkok Air at around 2, 000 baht one way all inclusive.

(Q1: Should I reserve local flight to HKT ahead of time or over-the-counter prices are close enough to online pre-booking? )

Day 2: Take taxi ride to Patong (650 baht, as per this forum), check-in hotel, shower, hit the town, get busy.

(Q2: I need an above average guest-friendly hotel, my budget is 3, 000 baht per night. I don't really care about pool or view, but Rooms and Bathrooms should be spotless, almost immaculate, without any crawling insects, so a higher room in "vertical" hotel would be better than a "horizontal" one I guess)

Day 3: Phuket! Breakfast, Soapie, chill swim tan, Lunch, foot massage etc. Nightime, hit the town, get busy.

(Q3: If you could recommend only 1 good massage spot in Patong, it would be? And what are the latest "recession" prices around down in Phuket? )

Day 4: Phuket! Breakfast, book some tours (Islands, Elephants, Monkeys, Snorkeling), lunch, chill tan swim, shower, hit the town, get busy.

(Q4: Which touristic day tours/activities would you recommend for a solo traveller? How about bringing a ladyfriend with me? Will I have to pay the same farang charges for tours/activities for her? )

Day 5: Final Night in Phuket! Get smaaaaashed.

Day 6: (Late) Check-out, airport, take local flight to Pattaya (probably Bangkok Air at around 2, 100 baht one way all inclusive). Check-in hotel in Pattaya, rent scooter (200 baht anywhere) and revisit the arteries of last year's wonder-town that opened my eyes to a new world of debauchery! Last year I stayed at the Dusit Thani using complementary vouchers that I bought very cheap on the internet.

(Q5: This time, I need an above average guest-friendly hotel, my budget is 3, 000 baht per night. Same criteria as Q2 above. I really can't stand roaches)

Day 7, 8, 9, 10: Pattaya!

(Q6: Any first-hand recommendations regarding day activites and local food, etc? )

Day11: Check-out from Pattaya, and take Taxi to Bangkok (1, 500 baht one-way, same as last year I guess). Last year I stayed at the AMAZING Majestic Grande. Guest-friendly, great 24hr room service, 4 star cleanliness, 5-star staff and housekeeping, I highly recommend it, all for 3, 300 Baht, but well worth it if it's you first visit to LOS, as you may need such a "sterile" recluse after your first couple of days there. This time, I am thinking of booking in their sister hotel Majestic Suites, great ratings without all the "extras" and for half the price. Option 2 would be the new Dawin opposite to them on Sukhumvit Soi 6, of which I received great feedback, at same low price range.

Day 12-13-14-15: BKK! Patpong, Nana EP, Soi Cowboy at night. As for daytime. (Q7:5 days in BKK go by in a flash, as per my first experience last year. Any suggestions on daytime activities other than shopping. Are Wats worth visiting, more than one I mean? Or you've seen one you've seen all? The Chao Praya is a must I guess, what else could you suggest? )

And here's my daily tentative budget, without Hotel or intercity transportation:

Food: 3 x 300 Baht = 900 Baht (Q8: Is it safe to eat from food-carts? Looks and smells amazing, but hesitant to risk it and waste 2-4 days recovering)

Taxis and/or scooter: 500 Baht per day (is this good estimate? 500 for BKK, and 300 + scooter for the beaches? )

Drinks: 1, 000 Baht (Q9: what is the rate of liquor bottles, say a bottle of Johnnie Walker whiskey or similar from shops)

Lady Drinks: 600 Baht (Q10: Assuming 50 Baht times a dozen drinks, is this realistic? I was so drunk all the time last year I have no Idea how much I spent during the whole week, but now with the recession, have to be careful hehe)

Misc. Massages and Soapies: 1, 000 to 3, 000 Baht (your input here? )

L. T. : 1, 500 to 2, 500 Baht (feedback? )

Minimum daily: 5, 500 Baht

Maximum daily: 8, 500 Baht

Average per Day without Hotel: 7, 000 Baht (Drinks, food, taxi, girls)

(Q11: Am I completely off-target or does this sound close enough? )

Phew! Sorry for the long and mainly inquisitive post. However, if you can give your opinion or feedback, even on one or two of the Questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks in Advance.

ThaiLearner
04-10-09, 10:43
I am planning my second trip to LOS, almost exactly 1 year after my first one to Bangkok-Pattaya last August. This time I will be taking 2 weeks off instead of only 1, and so I am planning to include Phuket as a destination, along with BKK and Pattaya. Here is my plan, 4 month ahead of departure, tweaking it daily to enjoy these 2 weeks as much as possible. I really need them to survive the next 50, until my next trip there.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (last year's feedbacks were so useful btw, thx again)

Day 1: Arrive in BKK airport, take local flight to Phuket, probably Bangkok Air at around 2, 000 baht one way all inclusive.

(Q1: Should I reserve local flight to HKT ahead of time or over-the-counter prices are close enough to online pre-booking? )

Day 2: Take taxi ride to Patong (650 baht, as per this forum), check-in hotel, shower, hit the town, get busy.

(Q2: I need an above average guest-friendly hotel, my budget is 3, 000 baht per night. I don't really care about pool or view, but Rooms and Bathrooms should be spotless, almost immaculate, without any crawling insects, so a higher room in "vertical" hotel would be better than a "horizontal" one I guess)

Day 3: Phuket! Breakfast, Soapie, chill swim tan, Lunch, foot massage etc. Nightime, hit the town, get busy.

(Q3: If you could recommend only 1 good massage spot in Patong, it would be? And what are the latest "recession" prices around down in Phuket? )

Day 4: Phuket! Breakfast, book some tours (Islands, Elephants, Monkeys, Snorkeling), lunch, chill tan swim, shower, hit the town, get busy.

(Q4: Which touristic day tours/activities would you recommend for a solo traveller? How about bringing a ladyfriend with me? Will I have to pay the same farang charges for tours/activities for her? )

Day 6: (Late) Check-out, airport, take local flight to Pattaya (probably Bangkok Air at around 2, 100 baht one way all inclusive). Check-in hotel in Pattaya, rent scooter (200 baht anywhere) and revisit the arteries of last year's wonder-town that opened my eyes to a new world of debauchery! Last year I stayed at the Dusit Thani using complementary vouchers that I bought very cheap on the internet.

(Q5: This time, I need an above average guest-friendly hotel, my budget is 3, 000 baht per night. Same criteria as Q2 above. I really can't stand roaches)

(Q6: Any first-hand recommendations regarding day activites and local food, etc? )

Day11: Check-out from Pattaya, and take Taxi to Bangkok (1, 500 baht one-way, same as last year I guess). Last year I stayed at the AMAZING Majestic Grande. Guest-friendly, great 24hr room service, 4 star cleanliness, 5-star staff and housekeeping, I highly recommend it, all for 3, 300 Baht, but well worth it if it's you first visit to LOS, as you may need such a "sterile" recluse after your first couple of days there. This time, I am thinking of booking in their sister hotel Majestic Suites, great ratings without all the "extras" and for half the price. Option 2 would be the new Dawin opposite to them on Sukhumvit Soi 6, of which I received great feedback, at same low price range.

Day 12-13-14-15: BKK! Patpong, Nana EP, Soi Cowboy at night. As for daytime. (Q7:5 days in BKK go by in a flash, as per my first experience last year. Any suggestions on daytime activities other than shopping. Are Wats worth visiting, more than one I mean? Or you've seen one you've seen all? The Chao Praya is a must I guess, what else could you suggest? )

And here's my daily tentative budget, without Hotel or intercity transportation:

Food: 3 x 300 Baht = 900 Baht (Q8: Is it safe to eat from food-carts? Looks and smells amazing, but hesitant to risk it and waste 2-4 days recovering)

Taxis and/or scooter: 500 Baht per day (is this good estimate? 500 for BKK, and 300 + scooter for the beaches? )

Drinks: 1, 000 Baht (Q9: what is the rate of liquor bottles, say a bottle of Johnnie Walker whiskey or similar from shops)

Lady Drinks: 600 Baht (Q10: Assuming 50 Baht times a dozen drinks, is this realistic? I was so drunk all the time last year I have no Idea how much I spent during the whole week, but now with the recession, have to be careful hehe)

Phew! Sorry for the long and mainly inquisitive post. However, if you can give your opinion or feedback, even on one or two of the Questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bkk-Hkt (phuket) I would book your flight on the internet as you will get a better rate and saves any hassle at the aiport in Bangkok.

You can use Bangkok air, Thai air or Air Aisa.

When you leave Phuket airport (outside the terminal)turn right and you will a large hut where you can get a meter taxi will cost about 500bht.

Prices are higher in Phuket than some other places and I have found pattaya to be cheaper.

http://www.patongbaygarden.com/rates.htm try here for your hotel it is one place that someone else mentioned to me. I normally stay in cheap and cheerful places.

The only soapie in Patong is Christins I have not been there so do not know what it is like. There are plenty of massage places that offers extras.

Depending on where you are(Bangkok Pattaya, Patong) Bar fines can be 200-700 personally I would not pay more and for the girl 500-1500st and 1000-2500lt.

In Thailand when business is bad then prices go up.

A cheap beer would be 50 bht a bottle but you could pay 150 bht. Lady drinks could be anything from 80-200bht per drink.

You can get street food no problem for about 50 a small meal sometimes the restaurants are worse than the carts and nice sit places can give you good meals for cheap prices.

The tuk tuk in Patong are a rip off I tend to walk around the place.

In pattaya use the Baht buses cheap and plentiful. I do not see the point of renting a bike plus you cant use them if you have a drink.

You can get a taxi back from Pattaya aiport to Pattaya from the airport but they will rip you off. I f you pre book Mr T he will charge 6-700bht or you can get a minibus for around 300bht but will only drop you off in certain areas of Pattaya.

Mr T will charge about 1000 from Pattaya to Bangkok.

have fun

Belmont
04-12-09, 02:09
Try lawan residence in Patong, close to mall and Bangla road. You can google them. Good rate, comfortable, and they will pick you up FREE!(add tip for driver) if you request airport pickup!

Monsieur1875
04-14-09, 11:38
Hi guys,

I'm in Thailand until the 28th where I will be in BKK (where I am right now) and Pattaya (in maybe a week).

Id be glad to share a beer and chat with anyone so please send a PM if you want to.

Otto1111
04-15-09, 23:01
Planning on going to Bangkok this July 19th to the 31st.

I have traveled to many other countries, but this is my first trip to Thailand.

Looking to meet up with anyone interested in getting a cold one and seeing the "sights" Feel free to PM me.

Big Bopperino
04-16-09, 09:47
I was wondering if anybody else on this forum has had problems with passports expiring in less than 6 months.

I was planning on traveling to Thailand on 4/19/09 and returning 5/4/09. I thought I was fine with these dates since my passport does not expire until 5/20/09. But just now, I read on a hotel website that the passport must have at least 6 months of remaining validity. Then again, the U.S. Dept of State site does NOT mention this requirement.

So, which is it? Has anyone tried and succeeded in entering Thailand with a passport expiring in less than 6 months?

PLEASE HELP!!! My travel window is closing and I can't wait for a new passport!!!

Monsieur1875
04-16-09, 09:55
So, which is it? Has anyone tried and succeeded in entering Thailand with a passport expiring in less than 6 months?Well actually, the 6 month validity is pretty common, if I remember well its the same in Indonesia and lots of countrys.

Bob1000
04-16-09, 11:43
I was wondering if anybody else on this forum has had problems with passports expiring in less than 6 months.

I was planning on traveling to Thailand on 4/19/09 and returning 5/4/09. I thought I was fine with these dates since my passport does not expire until 5/20/09. But just now, I read on a hotel website that the passport must have at least 6 months of remaining validity. Then again, the U.S. Dept of State site does NOT mention this requirement.

So, which is it? Has anyone tried and succeeded in entering Thailand with a passport expiring in less than 6 months?

PLEASE HELP!!! My travel window is closing and I can't wait for a new passport!!!

I did have that issue last year when I entered Thailand. My passport just happened to expire in about five month and twenty days. The immigration officer had to flag down one of his superior to look at my passport. After looking at my passport and went to all the pages-it had about 30 pages added to the original 'thin' one- he asked : you came to Thailand many times ?. I answered many, many, many times. He told his underling to finish processing the passport and let me through. I still think it is best not to have to deal with this issue as they might elect to send you back on the next plan at your own cost.

El Culion
04-16-09, 12:22
Has anyone tried and succeeded in entering Thailand with a passport expiring in less than 6 months?
Your problems might not start in Thailand. You run the risk of being refused boarding by the airline company, because if you are denied entry in Thailand it is their responsibility to send you back to your port of embarkation.
I would therefore advise you to connect your airline company a.s.a.p.

Jayf1970
04-16-09, 13:46
I am thinking of traveling to LOS (mainly BKK) next week. Political unrest in Thailand is fairly constantly in the news, but not a whole lot of coverage, so wanted get any perspective that people on the ground might be able to provide. Do things feel safe in BKK? Would you have second thoughts visiting now? I would highly appreciate any thoughts from those already in the country.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kumbu
04-16-09, 17:32
i am thinking of traveling to los (mainly bkk) next week. political unrest in thailand is fairly constantly in the news, but not a whole lot of coverage, so wanted get any perspective that people on the ground might be able to provide. do things feel safe in bkk? would you have second thoughts visiting now? i would highly appreciate any thoughts from those already in the country.

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

depends on your threshold for danger. last week, as the red shirts were occupying all the major intersections in bkk, i stubbornly plowed ahead and took a bus from ekkamai to pattaya. actually, the hour before i left i heard on the news that the demonstrations had moved down to pattaya, and that they were storming the asean conference. i said fuck it, and went anyway.

not a single problem. the bus zipped down the highway at super speed due to decreased traffic, no stops along the way, no police problems, no red shirts to be seen. i got into pattaya, and everything was depressed there during the day, but at night, everything was pretty much normal. i heard that many people had cancelled (my hotel told me that), so there are others out there with a lower threshold for danger, i suppose. but the most dangerous thing i saw the whole time i was there was the ass on the girl i took home on sat night.

i then returned to bkk a couple of days later on the day the pm declared a state of emergency in bkk and surrounding areas. see, i am one clueless moron, but it works for me. i took a taxi from pattaya, and the driver seemed a tad nervous. but i encountered not a single problem.

so the answer to your question, from my albeit limited experience, is that there really is not all that much to worry about. no airport closures this time, no serious riots, no attacks on foreigners etc. i think their beef is not with us, it is an internal thing, so they really are not interested in disrupting the flow of tourist dollars.

Professor 1
04-16-09, 17:41

While I cannot address the Thailand question specifically, most countries, if not all, require that you have at least six months remaining. If you live in a city with a U.S. Passport Center, you may be able to get a very fast renewal for a fee.

Jay Hodge
04-16-09, 19:58
Wow thx for the great info!

The Patong Bay Garden is very interesting, on the beach, right of Bangla Rd... I e-mailed them to see if they're guest friendly.

Wainting for their reply, will post back.

ps: I noticed their prices are lowest in the low season, except in August, when I plan to be there. Anyone might know the reason?

Bkk-Hkt (phuket) I would book your flight on the internet as you will get a better rate and saves any hassle at the aiport in Bangkok.

You can use Bangkok air, Thai air or Air Aisa.

When you leave Phuket airport (outside the terminal)turn right and you will a large hut where you can get a meter taxi will cost about 500bht.

Prices are higher in Phuket than some other places and I have found pattaya to be cheaper.

http://www.patongbaygarden.com/rates.htm try here for your hotel it is one place that someone else mentioned to me. I normally stay in cheap and cheerful places.

The only soapie in Patong is Christins I have not been there so do not know what it is like. There are plenty of massage places that offers extras.

Depending on where you are(Bangkok Pattaya, Patong) Bar fines can be 200-700 personally I would not pay more and for the girl 500-1500st and 1000-2500lt.

In Thailand when business is bad then prices go up.

A cheap beer would be 50 bht a bottle but you could pay 150 bht. Lady drinks could be anything from 80-200bht per drink.

You can get street food no problem for about 50 a small meal sometimes the restaurants are worse than the carts and nice sit places can give you good meals for cheap prices.

The tuk tuk in Patong are a rip off I tend to walk around the place.

In pattaya use the Baht buses cheap and plentiful. I do not see the point of renting a bike plus you cant use them if you have a drink.

You can get a taxi back from Pattaya aiport to Pattaya from the airport but they will rip you off. I f you pre book Mr T he will charge 6-700bht or you can get a minibus for around 300bht but will only drop you off in certain areas of Pattaya.

Mr T will charge about 1000 from Pattaya to Bangkok.

have fun

Jay Hodge
04-16-09, 20:25
From Travel Plans & Announcements thread, should become a Pattaya thread.

http://www.patongbaygarden.com/rates. Htm try here for your hotel it is one place that someone else mentioned to me. I normally stay in cheap and cheerful places.Seemed too good to be true, Beachfront, right off Bangla Rd. Couldn't wait for their e-mail reply, called them: they charge 1, 000 Baht for joiner.

The only soapie in Patong is Christins I have not been there so do not know what it is like. There are plenty of massage places that offers extras.The ONLY one in the WHOLE of PATONG? What the. Why the. Who the. I need a moment.

How much would the prices be then whith no competition around?

Big Bopperino
04-17-09, 07:11

Thanks for the replies.

I contacted the airline and the Thai Consulate this morning and both gave me the same answer - NO, I will not be allowed entry to Thailand with my current passport.

But the woman at the consulate told me that I can go the nearest Federal Building and possibly have my passport renewed the same day. I called the USDOS number and they also agreed that this is possible for a fee ($60 extra?). Luckily the Federal Building is only an hour drive away. So I set up an appointment for the morning and hopefully by the afternoon I'll have a brand new passport!!!

I'll keep you posted.

-BB

BKK Dreaming
04-18-09, 05:04
bring your airline ticket info , they can do it in a day or 2 , but want to see that you already have a ticket.....at least in LA thats how it was done

BK

Andy1974
04-22-09, 18:45
Anyone fancy some beers?

34 year old Scot, been to BKK twice and PTY one time before now, so can show a newbie a few sights, but I am by no means an expert.

Fifty Fifty
04-28-09, 09:22
Hi folks,

Looking for recommendations on a good quality 4 Star (ish) Hotel in Krabi area around middle of June.
Must be reasonably close to the action, but not too noisy, on a decent beach, have a good outdoor pool, buffet breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

I have tried the Forum Search Facility and unless I am doing something wrong, the results are total bollux, however, I do understand - This is not really a Hotel Search Site, but maybe somebody knows.

Cheers, FF

RetiredForever
05-05-09, 13:33
Going to Pattaya from 5/19/-June 13. Have been numerous times. If you want to catch up for beer PM me. Staying just off of Central and 2nd at Eurotel Apartments.

Nelsoncc
05-06-09, 11:03
Hey guys.

Aussie guy travelling on his own. First timer

Keen for a beverage at some point.

BlueSeoul
05-07-09, 19:49
Been to BKK and Pattaya, but first time for Phuket. Think I'm going to fly straight there. Any advice? Suggestions from the airport to patong?

How much does it cost to rent a motorcycle?

Fifty Fifty
05-08-09, 09:39
Been to BKK and Pattaya, but first time for Phuket. Think I'm going to fly straight there. Any advice? Suggestions from the airport to patong?

How much does it cost to rent a motorcycle?

Ok Airport to Patong:

If possible book a hotel that offers a complimentary pick-up, if not then use the "Airport Taxi Booth'' and book yourself a car for around 650 THB. You could save and take a minibus offered at same booth for 150 THB, but that means you will wait until they fill the bus up and then you may suffer 'drop offs'' all over until you reach your hotel. Best option if alone is to see if you can share a car with one or two others, all in for the same 650 THB.

Motorbikes:

Rentals of small auto scooters available all over town for around 200 THB per day if you squeeze them. Along the Beach Rd you can rent bikes of almost any type or size, but beware, some are crap and can be expensive.

Almost opposite Bangla Rd under a Parasol you will see the first Rental Guy, name Super-Dam, he has all sorts and is very reliable. If you are ok with it, for Phuket I recommend a slightly larger bike, especially if carrying a 'friend' up those damn hills. I rented a very good Honda Transalp 400 from Super-Dam for 7 days and paid 3000 THB paid upfront. At first he wanted 700 a day, then 500 if I took a whole week etc. Actually I got 8 days for my 3K cos the return was planned for Sunday and he wasnt there so he asked if I could keep the bike an extra day.

Enjoy yourself.

Cheers, FF

1Ball
05-08-09, 10:06
Can someone suggest a good travel agent not far from Soi 33, who has, and responds to emails? All my travel agents I have used in the past seem to have closed shop.

thank you

Member #3428
05-08-09, 10:38
Can someone suggest a good travel agent not far from Soi 33, who has, and responds to emails? All my travel agents I have used in the past seem to have closed shop.

thank you

ME... but I'm only on 33 when I am in BKK :)

Send me an email I know some in BKK that might be helpful.

Run Mann
05-11-09, 12:28
Air Asia is offering free flight to various cities throughout Thailand from 5 January thru 30 April 2010 but you have to book before the 15th of May. Of course you have to pay the taxes which is about 450B, nice to fly to Phuket and Chaing Mai for free.

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page.jsp?reference=fs

Fifty Fifty
05-22-09, 09:43
Arriving in BKK on 3rd June, staying Sukhumvit area for a few days then maybe off to Pattaya, not yet decided.

Probably going to Dubai from 16th to 24th then back to BKK for a few more days.

As usual with my 'open minded' girlfriend in tow, visiting the usual haunts and having the normal fun time.

Anyone up for a beer and a chat, drop me a PM.

Cheers, FF

Dextro Sol
05-25-09, 22:04
Once again I have tricked my wife. Last time was in April when I went to Bkk for 10 days just to check out the city. We are going to Thailand together for 3 and a half week next November and I managed to stay 3 nights longer then her, just because we could get a good bargain with Thai Airways that way (hrrrrmmm). I dont think she has any suspicions, but she doesn't like the thought of going back on her own. Most because she will be without my company on the plane.

Next year I'm planning another April trip, but I wonder what she will say about that??

What do you guys think? Do you think our marriage will last much longer than the 23 years we have been married this June?? I really dont think she suspicious anything, she doesn't have any idea about what is happening in the massage parleurs of Bkk and how easy it is.

Run Mann
05-26-09, 06:20
Once again I have tricked my wife. I really dont think she suspicious anything, she doesn't have any idea about what is happening in the massage parleurs of Bkk and how easy it is.

Where she is from that she would be so oblivious to the extra curricular activities of massage palours? Walking around Thailand and observing the circus did not/will not give her a clue? She doesn’t know about Thailand? There's a sexual connotation attached to the massage palours in general and how that escapes anyone in Thailand where this stuff is in your face is incredulous. Be careful that you don’t turned out to be the one who gets tricked; women will always be smarter than men, especially men fail to acknowledge it.

Jason Tenn
05-27-09, 00:14
I am looking at coming to Thailand from Tennessee for 10-12 days. I am a bit torn on where to go actually, I was thinking just Pattaya, but wanted some advice. I was thinking about spending a few days in BKK (maybe up to half the trip) and then heading to Pattaya, but wanted to know what would you, the seasoned monger do? This will be my first mongering trip, so all advice is welcome.

A few questions:

1. Any better places to exchange currency?
2. Should I get a disposable cell phone in Thailand or is it really needed?
3. Any transportation options to Pattaya from BKK with a lady or two as company for the long trip? :) I know Penthouse has an option, but its very expensive.
4. Any tips/tricks to save on airfare?

Thanks for your help and advice!

===============================================

Hi Jason Tenn,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dextro Sol
05-27-09, 10:00
Where she is from that she would be so oblivious to the extra curricular activities of massage palours? Walking around Thailand and observing the circus did not/will not give her a clue? She doesn’t know about Thailand? There's a sexual connotation attached to the massage palours in general and how that escapes anyone in Thailand where this stuff is in your face is incredulous. Be careful that you don’t turned out to be the one who gets tricked; women will always be smarter than men, especially men fail to acknowledge it.

We have travelled together to Thailand 4 times, most of course to the islands and beaches and of course she knows what goes on in Pattaya and Nana Plaza. But I dont think she has a clue whats going on in the massage parleurs and as we have never visited NEP or Soi Cowboy (not even I have visited those places) and just walking Sukumvit up and down has not yet given her any clues whats going on. Last trip together we went down soi 5 and 7 and even had a beer at beergarden so she knows whats going on.

But I still think she trusts me, and she has not asked me if something happened when I was in bkk on my own in April.

Maybe I'm the one that gets tricked, but I really dont think so. And even if it is so, I would not mind a divorce that much. Then I could go to Bkk maybe 4 times a year..;-)

AndyBKK
05-27-09, 11:15
We have travelled together to Thailand 4 times, most of course to the islands and beaches and of course she knows what goes on in Pattaya and Nana Plaza. But I dont think she has a clue whats going on in the massage parleurs and as we have never visited NEP or Soi Cowboy (not even I have visited those places) and just walking Sukumvit up and down has not yet given her any clues whats going on. Last trip together we went down soi 5 and 7 and even had a beer at beergarden so she knows whats going on.

But I still think she trusts me, and she has not asked me if something happened when I was in bkk on my own in April.

Maybe I'm the one that gets tricked, but I really dont think so. And even if it is so, I would not mind a divorce that much. Then I could go to Bkk maybe 4 times a year..;-)Even the local "good" Thai girls don't know what goes on in the massage palors. I was dating one of these girls for a while and she had no clue. She read the signs and it says "Thai massage" so she thought that they provided only massages. I finally Told her one day. And we got a good giggle out of it.

LittleBigMan
05-28-09, 04:12
Dextro Sol,

Maybe it's a two way street that you don't see?

It could also be possible that she feels the same way you feel inside. That she herself doesn't mind a divorce! Knowing that she's going to get half of what you own. If that's the case you might what to rethink the 4x to BKK.

But if you're loaded and after she gets the half of everything you can still afford it more power to you then!

LBM

Dextro Sol
05-28-09, 10:38
Even the local "good" Thai girls don't know what goes on in the massage palors. I was dating one of these girls for a while and she had no clue. She read the signs and it says "Thai massage" so she thought that they provided only massages. I finally Told her one day. And we got a good giggle out of it.

I guess that is what most people who doesn't know thinks. I had no clue of this before my first visit to Sabai Sabai together with my wife in 2006. That visit opened my eyes..

Dextro Sol,
Maybe it's a two way street that you don't see?

It could also be possible that she feels the same way you feel inside. That she herself doesn't mind a divorce! Knowing that she's going to get half of what you own. If that's the case you might what to rethink the 4x to BKK.

But if you're loaded and after she gets the half of everything you can still afford it more power to you then!
LBM

It could have been the way you describe, but no. She really loves me. I'm not a rich guy, i earn more then her, but she could do nearly as good without me. And half of what I own is not much either. Besides she has inherited some money from her grandparents and parents, so she is rather well off.

Kimo29
05-31-09, 21:02
Fellow Mongers,

I cant wait my 3rd visit to LOS next month i have grew up lots of experience from visting Bangkok, pattaya and Phuket.

16 DAYS , 5 in Bangkok will stay at MG the best hotel in town unbeatable next to Annies, NEP , Soi Cowboy.

My target for MP Tulip, Annies, Catherins and would like to check la belle the new MP and give snow white Tulip sister a try can anyone give me locations of both. Also for afernoon hunting Beer Gardern and Gulivars wont heart :)

FL Definitely Spasso, CM2 lat night it always a nice to grab a hot russian or middle easter wonder if there are nice pubs with the same rating last time i went to q bar and mystque both were dissappointment.

BY the way when i first come to bangkok i checked grance and the infamous Thermae both were horrible experiences

Phuket what to say Safari Beach hotel unbeatable location, my favorite savoy resturant checking Soi Dragon the must walk Bangla , Tiger, Banna and Hollywood which was not there when i was in phuket in 2005.

Any more suggestions will most appreciated.

Orangevale Rob
06-03-09, 00:58
As the title says, I'm in Thailand from the evening of the 3rd to the 6th, before I hop over to the Phils, then come back for 2 more days (eve of the 15th, leaving morning of the 18th).

I've heard about getting immunizations/inoculations, what do you folks do? I'm not planning on venturing too far into the country. It's getting to about 1 month to my trip so if I'm going to get them I better get them.

LittleBigMan
06-03-09, 08:11
Orangevale Rob,

I can't speak for Phils but as far as Thailand is concern and based on the time frame. Don't even worry about it just come and enjoy!

LBM

Mouse1
06-03-09, 08:23
As Jackson says, there are better places to post this, but anyway:

1. Currency exchange places all over the place, all giving competitive rates. I got caught out once when in Krabi they all closed at 7pm, but in BKK and pattaya many are open until about 10pm.

2. Up to you. Depends on phone usage, discretion, who's paying, etc. It will be cheaper but I never bother.

3. It's only about 1.5 hours depending on time of day. Why bother? - have a snooze and pick up a young lady as you step out of the cab in Pattaya. Then take her back to your comfortable hotel room. I really don't fancy making out on the back seat of a Thai cab (and I don't fancy sitting in a Thai cab if I think you've been making out in the back of one!).

4. Scan the price comparator web-sites and jump if you see a good fare appear. I have just bought a fare from the UK for July for £385 which I'm pretty pleased about.

I am looking at coming to Thailand from Tennessee for 10-12 days. I am a bit torn on where to go actually, I was thinking just Pattaya, but wanted some advice. I was thinking about spending a few days in BKK (maybe up to half the trip) and then heading to Pattaya, but wanted to know what would you, the seasoned monger do? This will be my first mongering trip, so all advice is welcome.

A few questions:

1. Any better places to exchange currency?
2. Should I get a disposable cell phone in Thailand or is it really needed?
3. Any transportation options to Pattaya from BKK with a lady or two as company for the long trip? :) I know Penthouse has an option, but its very expensive.
4. Any tips/tricks to save on airfare?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hi Jason Tenn,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Porsche911
06-03-09, 14:07
Next week I will come to Bangkok and living in Grand Millenium, near Soi Cowboy. If possible I would be a guest at a swingerparty. I will bring my male boy friend and maybe 4 or 6 girls from soi cowboy or nana. Should it be possible?

AndyBKK
06-03-09, 20:41
Next week I will come to Bangkok and living in Grand Millenium, near Soi Cowboy. If possible I would be a guest at a swingerparty. I will bring my male boy friend and maybe 4 or 6 girls from soi cowboy or nana. Should it be possible?The Grand Millenium is a rather up scale hotel, I don't know if they would like the noise that would be made from such a large gathering. I would recommend you get a private condo in that area. There are condos which can be rental on a weekly basis which cost about the same what you will be paying.

My only question is why swing in Bangkok? There are p4p girls and guys here left and right. If you want hot looking guys, they can be had at male version of go go bars in Patpong. These bars work the same way as bars in nana or soi cowboy.

The reason I mentioned this is that the working girls tend to be scare of weird or odd things like swinging parties, so you will have a harder time convincing some of the hotter ones to come. Sometime it is hard to convince them to go for a threesome with another girl from a different bar, so I am sure you're going to have a challenge getting them to participate unless you offer them a lot of money, which I think is a waste. And in some cases with the hotter ones, they make quite a bit already, so waving money at them is pointless. I know the top girls at Soi Cowboy can bring in 5000+usd per month, so they are rather picky on who to go with.

Another option is to rent our a VIP suite at a higher end Soapie massage. I know that Poseidon has a suite that can accommodate 7 girls. If you bring the guys there and get the girls, you can have a blast. I would consider getting a membership if you going to get that many girls because you will get a free Johnny Walker Black and 10% bonus, and maybe free use of the room. The minimum membership there is 30000B.

Have fun and please post a report and let us know how it went. I am hoping to get my subscription here soon, so you can PM me with questions.

Porsche911
06-04-09, 09:34
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help. But the reason to do a swingerparty is that I hope to get some non profs. To pay the girls is not the problem for me but to get some nonprofessionals with my 55 years could be very hard or cost me a lot of money. Do you understand? And I think many farangs think the same.

Please let me know guys!

Pita123
06-04-09, 16:18
Next week I will come to Bangkok and living in Grand Millenium, near Soi Cowboy. If possible I would be a guest at a swingerparty. I will bring my male boy friend and maybe 4 or 6 girls from soi cowboy or nana. Should it be possible?

You are looking to be a guest at a party or to hold a party at the Grand Millenium?

Nocal
06-05-09, 04:23
Arriving in Pattaya solo from BKK later today. Will be in town for next week or more from 6/5

Anyone up for a bar crawl and or a good chat, drop me a line . 1st beers on me.

Cheers

Porsche911
06-05-09, 11:40
You are looking to be a guest at a party or to hold a party at the Grand Millenium?I would like to be a guest. I think it wouldnt be possible to hold a party with maybe 20 people in a suite. So I think, if there are enough people we can rent an appartement.

Pita123
06-06-09, 06:08
I would like to be a guest. I think it wouldnt be possible to hold a party with maybe 20 people in a suite. So I think, if there are enough people we can rent an appartement.

Likely you'll want to look around on Adult Friendfinder or SDC.com for such parties. I knew of a couple that ran some parties but they were arrested in January. No clue what happened to them.

There is a swinger resort in Patts which has parties as well.

Emokidster
06-08-09, 10:19
Hello fellow mtravellers,

I know is a long way there, but I am traveling into Thailand in August (starting to get excited already). I am doing a regular tour as well as mongering tour. I have one stupid question of a person who's never been in thai before, since I will be short in time. What are opening times for gogo bars etc? Or are they open all day? And what about going in late at night? Is it safe?

Thanks

MeatMan
06-08-09, 17:48
Returning to the kingdom July the 10th for 6 weeks. Anyone wanna hookup at Absolute 7 for a couple of beers?. Send me a message.

Fredlena
06-09-09, 01:21
Hi there,

Back in BKK next wekk (16th june), I am wondering if some of you want to join me for my first 3some (2 men, 1 girl)? Sukhumvit area (nana to asoke precisely).

Rio Fan
06-09-09, 04:18
How much should I expect to pay for a cab from Bangkok to Pattaya? Is there a particular cab company I should use? Is this the best way to get from BKK to Pattaya?

Thanks!

GoodEnough
06-09-09, 11:25
I rented a car and driver to get there for Php1,500 including all the tolls. It was arranged for me by Giotto of Livingstone's Lodge. For the return trip, I asked my hotel to book me a similar car and the price was the same.

GE

Nocal
06-09-09, 12:31
How much should I expect to pay for a cab from Bangkok to Pattaya? Is there a particular cab company I should use? Is this the best way to get from BKK to Pattaya?

Thanks!I prefer taking the bus to a taxi actually. Hit or miss with some of these suicide drivers.

The bus is quite comfortable w/ ac and zero stress.. Just show up at Ekamai bus station at Thong Lo BTS stop (day hours) and go to Pattaya window. Maybe $120 Baht, drops off at station in Pattaya and catch a baht bus in.

Always seem to chat up a hottie or two as well.

ThaiLearner
06-09-09, 18:12

Thanks!

mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

have used in many times from the airport cost is 1000bht from there inc tolls

I think it is the same from Bangkok.

Run Mann
06-09-09, 20:57
I prefer taking the bus to a taxi actually. Hit or miss with some of these suicide drivers.

The bus is quite comfortable w/ ac and zero stress.. Just show up at Ekamai bus station at Thong Lo BTS stop (day hours) and go to Pattaya window. Maybe $120 Baht, drops off at station in Pattaya and catch a baht bus in.

Always seem to chat up a hottie or two as well.

Another option is to go to Nana Hotel and book their air conditioned bus service. The cost is about 300 to 400B but the bus is never as full to capacity as the Ekami Bus so you can have the whole seat to yourself. Upon arrival at Pattaya Bus Terminal, unlike the Ekami Bus, they provide a minivan to shuttle passengers to their hotel.

Member #3428
06-09-09, 23:10
I rented a car and driver to get there for Php1,500

GE... Clarify please... Php??? Peso??? or did you mean Baht? Big difference in exchange rates....

Capt JB
06-11-09, 04:43
Singapore Airlines is having a real sale from now until June 28. Must book by June 28 and travel between July 1 & November 30. Max stay is 90 days. No minimum stay.

I booked JFK to BKK (roundtrip) for $679.11 which includes all fees and taxes.
This is a great price.

Nocal
06-12-09, 11:35
Singapore Airlines is having a real sale from now until June 28. Must book by June 28 and travel between July 1 & November 30. Max stay is 90 days. No minimum stay.

This is a great price.GREAT find! No mileage accrual but who cares at that price.

AndyBKK
06-12-09, 19:14
Hello fellow mtravellers,

I know is a long way there, but I am traveling into Thailand in August (starting to get excited already). I am doing a regular tour as well as mongering tour. I have one stupid question of a person who's never been in thai before, since I will be short in time. What are opening times for gogo bars etc? Or are they open all day? And what about going in late at night? Is it safe?

ThanksThe Go go bars open around 7pm and closes at 2am in Bangkok. In Pattaya they are open at the same time but do not close until the dawn. If you're short on time I would recommend the following.

- 1st night stay on Rachada at the Emerald Hotel and go to some of the famous soapies , Nataree is next door to the hotel. 3pm -12am ( midnight close) some of the best looking girls. Cost 2600B ST

-2nd night stay at the nana hotel and go to the nana plaza and bar fine one or two girls from there 7pm-2am Cost 600B Bar fine 2000ST 4000LT ( I've gotten them down to 3000BLT)

-3rd night stay at the Grand Millenium on Asoke ( 1-2 blocks down from Soi Cowboy) and experience soi cowboy. Do the same thing there.Same cost

During the day you can go down to soi 22-26 and get a relaxing massage with sex at Angel Massage or Teen Massage. Just do a search on this forum for more info. They are open from 10am and close at midnight.

Cristal
06-15-09, 08:04

Thanks!Try this out: http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Excellent service - minivan from your hotel to a large AC comfortable bus and then again a minivan to your hotel from their service center in Pattaya.

Stressfree and you pay on arrival. BKK-Pattaya 350 Baht.

Great Guy
06-15-09, 11:48
Another option is to go to Nana Hotel and book their air conditioned bus service. The cost is about 300 to 400B but the bus is never as full to capacity as the Ekami Bus so you can have the whole seat to yourself. Upon arrival at Pattaya Bus Terminal, unlike the Ekami Bus, they provide a minivan to shuttle passengers to their hotel.

I'm at the Nana Hotel now, and I just asked (at Travel Desk inside lobby). The cost is 400 Baht, and you need to reserve 1 day in advance (at least that's what they say). There are two busses per day. I forgot to make note of the times, but I think they leave Nana at 8:30 am and 12:30 pm.

The last time I was in Pattaya, I got a taxi (from a Pattaya Taxi service) from Pattaya back to Nana Hotel for 1000 Baht (and, BIG spender that I am, I added a 100 Baht tip for a total of 1100 Baht).

GG

Hallodri Love
06-17-09, 17:47
Hello folks,

I'll be in Bangkok from 3. July until 8. July and stay probably at the Nana hotel.

As far I know it is GF?

As a bangkok newbie I want to try all, gogobars, girls for short and long time, massage at Annies and so on.

Anybody has time for drink some beer in a gogobar?

Newbie55
06-25-09, 06:49

This is a great price.I went to the SA web site and did not find this low rate. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

CiscoMan
06-28-09, 05:54
Hi Guys,

i will be in Pattaya Jul 3 thru 17 for the first time, veteran of Brazil, Dr, Costa Rica and now Thailand. Any one there and likes to hang out and prepare strategies, drop me a line.

Zauberfee
06-28-09, 08:40
-2nd night stay at the nana hotel and go to the nana plaza and bar fine one or two girls from there 7pm-2am Cost 600B Bar fine 2000ST 4000LT ( I've gotten them down to 3000BLT)

or you get them for half of the money ... 1.000 THB to 1.500 THB for ST and 2.000 THB LT will do the job ... if not then take the girl next the her ... she will accept

don't overspend for nothing!

Rio Fan
06-28-09, 12:30
It's a little confusing when you first get of the plane in Bangkok. There's quite a few signs that say 'Official Taxi Service'. I knew something was up when they asked for 2, 000 BHT to my hotel. When I immediately refused they lowered it to 1, 500 BHT. I skipped this option and went to baggage claim. Then right out front of the terminal are the normal metered taxis.

It cost me about 350 BHT total to get to my hotel, Davis, on Sukhumvit road. This included the money I had to provide up front for the cabbie to pay tolls.

Going from Bangkok to Pattaya (Davis Hotel to Marriot Resort and Spa) I paid $1, 400 BHT. It takes damn near 2 hours going or coming.

Next time I'll skip Bangkok and just go straight to Pattaya as Bar fines are cheaper and women are better looking in Pattaya. Plus it's so damn hot in Bangkok with not even the slightest breeze in the evenings. Still it's a great city to visit.

Zauberfee
06-28-09, 15:54
I'll be back to Krung Thep at the end of next month for 3 days, so here's my plan (as far anything can be planned ... ;) )

Day 1
Afternoon: Welcome back at Tulip :D
Evening: One of the students/shoolgirls at Mandarin Gogo at NEP
Late Night: Freelancer from Beergarden (if there's anything left in the tank ...)

Stay at Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok

Day 2
Noon: Massage (probably without any special services)
Afternoon: Snow White (let the competition with Tulip begin ... ;) )
Late Night: Girl from GoGo-Bar at Soi Cowboy or Freelancer in front of McDonalds

Stay at Westin Grand

Day 3
Noon: Annie's MP
Afternoon: Good bye at Tulip ...

Professor 1
06-28-09, 18:02

In my very limited BKK experience, this it still TOO MUCH MONEY. You can get good, quality GFE from NEP for 2,000 Baht. Moreover, you do not have to wait until 0200 hours.

If a girl does not like your offer, another one will. The one that rejects you one day will seek you the next day, especially if she ascertains that you treated her sister well. You simply have to trust me on this one, and I am not a master of the BKK scene. I learned this the third day of my first trip.

Tractor Boy
06-29-09, 08:53
Will be in Pattaya for a week in August & have seen details of the Penthouse Hotel, which seems to offer a number of attractive advantages. The prices are also ok for me.

However, I would welcome comments from those of you that have experienced it. Also, is the private taxi pick up they offer good value?

Mouse1
06-29-09, 20:42
I'll be in Pattaya from 5th July to 9th if anyone fancies meeting up for a beer or two. I'm looking to cruise around a few bars and be entertained by some lovely ladies...

Amjeck
06-29-09, 20:48
In my very limited BKK experience, this it still TOO MUCH MONEY.
I totally agree that it's too much money also, but the majority of the girls are getting that amount and then some. Trying to get them from 2000ST to 1500ST is like pulling teeth with some of these girls. Times have changed.

Amjeck
06-29-09, 20:53
Going from Bangkok to Pattaya (Davis Hotel to Marriot Resort and Spa) I paid $1, 400 BHT. It takes damn near 2 hours going or coming.

Overcharged! This can be had for 1000 BHT.

Leveller
06-29-09, 21:56
I took a metered taxi from souwannaboom airport to pttya beach rd. last year, and agreed forehand on 1200 bht; the driver happened to let the meter running and it was little over 1200 bht ... so 1200 is about 'normal'.

On the way back to lower suk i hired a privateer; cost me 1000 bht; an old mercedes 190, and the guy, although he was friendly and offered me a coke and chips on the way, drove like a fucking maniac.

Overcharged! This can be had for 1000 BHT.

Amjeck
06-30-09, 10:30
I took a metered taxi from souwannaboom airport to pttya beach rd. last year, and agreed forehand on 1200 bht; the driver happened to let the meter running and it was little over 1200 bht ... so 1200 is about 'normal'.

On the way back to lower suk i hired a privateer; cost me 1000 bht; an old mercedes 190, and the guy, although he was friendly and offered me a coke and chips on the way, drove like a fucking maniac.
That price ain't bad, but I've found over the years the trip from bkk to Pattaya is in the 800-1200 baht range. I find most will take 1000 without too much hassle, and I think that is a fair price.

Orangevale Rob
07-02-09, 09:35
I'll be in BKK, staying at Giotto's place from the 3rd to the 6th. You're welcome to join me for a beer if you like.

Bonker04
07-04-09, 17:57
It's a little confusing when you first get of the plane in Bangkok. There's quite a few signs that say 'Official Taxi Service'. I knew something was up when they asked for 2, 000 BHT to my hotel. When I immediately refused they lowered it to 1, 500 BHT. Forget the taxi desks in the arrivals baggage hall or the touts just as you clear customs. Go straight to gate 10, just outside is a taxi rank and an official taxi desk which is much cheaper. They may not be limo's but are quite adequate, with aircon.

BKK to Pattaya is about 1300 to 1500 including tolls.

Great Guy
07-05-09, 18:28
Forget the taxi desks in the arrivals baggage hall or the touts just as you clear customs. Go straight to gate 10, just outside is a taxi rank and an official taxi desk which is much cheaper. They may not be limo's but are quite adequate, with aircon.

Hey Bonker - Is the taxi desk you're talking about on the Arrivals level or on the Departures level?

Thanks!

GG

David 2
07-05-09, 19:27
Forget the taxi desks in the arrivals baggage hall or the touts just as you clear customs. Go straight to gate 10, just outside is a taxi rank and an official taxi desk which is much cheaper. They may not be limo's but are quite adequate, with aircon.

There are several taxi services that will wait for you with a sign and take you directly to your hotel in Pattaya for 1100 baht including tolls. Very reliable, and after 24 hours in the air who wants to haggle with a cabbie that speaks almost no English. I've used Pattaya-taxi 4 times, and they're always reliable with a clean, modern car and a good driver. Just google "pattaya taxi" for results of the other companies.

http://www.pattaya-taxi.com/

Enchoo
07-05-09, 20:24
What motel do you recommend that is GF and reasonable.

Is $1000 enough for 2 weeks?

Please advise..

Mouse1
07-06-09, 06:55

Please advise..That is about 2500Bht per day, so you should easily be able to find a good hotel for 2 weeks. Plenty of recommendations on the hotel thread.

Bonker04
07-06-09, 08:06
Hey Bonker - Is the taxi desk you're talking about on the Arrivals level or on the Departures level?

Thanks!

GGGg

It's on the arrivals level.

Come out of customs and turn left on the concourse (theres a few juice bars, car hire desks, etc, and I think gate 10 is the last entrance on the right. There is a bridge type walkway you cross and the taxi desk is in front of you. You can see it from the entrance. Maybe 40. 50 yards.

You tell the girl at the desk where you want to go, she gives you the price and an official slip of paper and calls the next taxi for you. You pay the taxi driver when you get to your destination.

B04

ThaiLearner
07-06-09, 08:29

Please advise..

is this just for your hotel or your total spend amount?

Bonker04
07-06-09, 12:57
Thanks D2.

I'll give them a try next time. Do you have to pay on booking, or when you arrive?

B04

Jay Hodge
07-06-09, 18:43
It is more than enough for Pattaya for lodging fees.
If it is during low season, you can even try for a higher-end hotel. I stayed at the Dusit Thani last August for 5,000 baht per night, half price from the walk-in quoted rate of 10,000. Even for half-price, it was a BIG mistake.

But it was my first time in LOS and I quickly checked out two nights later (two nights too many) when there was vacancy at the Mercure for less than 1,800 per night for rooms of equivalent if not better quality! (The Dusit is simply too old, too far and unjustifiably 5 starred)

EDIT: sorry, was reffering to Pattaya, and you were asking about Bangkok

Please advise..

Col Bog 1
07-06-09, 23:05
Hi folks.

I'll arrive at Bkk 23rd of July.

Will stay at the Nana Hotel

Then I'll probably go to Pattaya Sunday the 26th at the Eastiny Plaza.

I'll return home on 31st.

Anyone interested in meeting?

Just PM.

Thanks.

Stew2
07-07-09, 01:05
Gg

It's on the arrivals level.

Come out of customs and turn left on the concourse (theres a few juice bars, car hire desks, etc, and I think gate 10 is the last entrance on the right. There is a bridge type walkway you cross and the taxi desk is in front of you. You can see it from the entrance. Maybe 40. 50 yards.

You tell the girl at the desk where you want to go, she gives you the price and an official slip of paper and calls the next taxi for you. You pay the taxi driver when you get to your destination.

B04

And having just endured the gauntlet of taxi drivers INSIDE the terminal as you pass through customs, let me emphasize you ignore all these inside people and walk OUTSIDE to find the taxi line and desk Bonkers is speaking of. If you take one of these taxis, you will pay 50 baht airport surcharge plus meter (not a set price - meter is better... make sure they turn it on... I think there is a guaranteed maximum of 350 or so, if memory serves).

LittleBigMan
07-10-09, 05:56
LBM, just got back to Pattaya, 12 hour Flight out of SF/TPE, went real quick on EvaAir maybe because I was just dead tired from my 3 week stay. Wanted to use some of my miles and did a upgrade to Deluxe coach once I got to S.F. 3 weeks ago, in the end they screw things up with the upgrade and assigned me window which I didn't want. They were oversold by 11 in Deluxe so I took them off hook by going back to coach with my original seat.

When I got to Bangkok, at 11:35AM, usually I like to get in the middle of the night for a number of reasons because they don't seem to check baggage as much when going out of Immigration. Once I got my bags ( Big and Heavy 2 ) and starting to walk out everyone was being waved to place all their luggage into the scanner. When my big one went through the guy on the other end pointed and pull my bag aside and ask me to open it. When I started to open I noticed that my TSA, lock was missing and as I opened the bag I noticed that there was no note from TSA, if they had opened it inside. Once open the guy that pull my bag over rush towards me and started to mentioned all the Vitamin bottles I had and the number of bags of Chinese Herbal soup mixes that my Mom had prepared for my wife. I tried to explain that my wife was sick and that's why I had so many plus it was a years supply. So when you break it down it was much. Not sure what to do at this point, bribe them with a few hundrde baht or what but the line was starting to back up.. and there were 2 others guys were being grilled. I stood there looking like WTF, and slowly Zip my bags closed and put them back on the dolly and slowly did a walk out. Man that was closed.

Now, because of the delay I missed my connection on the Bus to Pattaya on Bell Travel. Instead of wanting to wait until 14:00 I decided to catch a Taxi, surprise at the Taxi stand that I was quoted 1500, everything included. In the end by 13:45 I was home. Sometimes you just catch win!

LBM

Pita123
07-10-09, 11:34
Just arrived in BKK. Too bad you didn't stick around for a night in BKK.

David 2
07-10-09, 20:55
Thanks D2.

I'll give them a try next time. Do you have to pay on booking, or when you arrive?

B04
You pay the driver upon your safe arrival at your destination. Last time my driver didn't have the 100 baht to pay for the parking at the airport when he picked me up, so I paid it and he deducted it from the fare upon arrival.

This has to be one of the great bargains in the world today. The service is located in Pattaya, so they drive to BKK (almost always without another fare), pay the tolls in both directions, pay the airport parking fee, devote at least 4 hours of their time, not to mention gas and wear and tear on their vehicles, for 1100 THB, which is $32 USD at today's exchange rate.

Have a great trip.

Run Mann
07-10-09, 22:52
You pay the driver upon your safe arrival at your destination. Last time my driver didn't have the 100 baht to pay for the parking at the airport when he picked me up, so I paid it and he deducted it from the fare upon arrival.

This has to be one of the great bargains in the world today. The service is located in Pattaya, so they drive to BKK (almost always without another fare), pay the tolls in both directions, pay the airport parking fee, devote at least 4 hours of their time, not to mention gas and wear and tear on their vehicles, for 1100 THB, which is $32 USD at today's exchange rate.

Have a great trip.

It is a good deal but they are still making a profit, don't think for a minute they would be doing it if they were losing money. From Pattaya to Bangkok Aiport you can secure a good taxi for only 800B from those little mini booths located around town.

Bonker04
07-11-09, 00:14
Thanks for the tips D2 and Run Mann.

B04

Fifty Fifty
07-20-09, 20:59
Hi folks, I am going to be in Thailand from 2nd August to 31st, starting in BKK as usual, but no further plans as yet.
Travelling with very open minded GF as before, anyone up for a beer and chat, pm me.
No replies until we travel due to ''restrictions'' at work lol.

Cheers, FF

Piper1
07-20-09, 21:42
Hi folks, I am going to be in Thailand from 2nd August to 31st, starting in BKK as usual, but no further plans as yet.
Travelling with very open minded GF as before, anyone up for a beer and chat, pm me.
No replies until we travel due to ''restrictions'' at work lol.

Cheers, FF50/50 - I'll be there (escaping Ramadan in Dubai) from about August 20 to September 10. I'll be with my very open-minded wife (Wildcat), our daughter (Wildkitten), my 18 y.o son (conservative), his girlfriend (also conservative) and our Filipina maid (haven't worked her out yet - she's married in Phils but has boyfriends in Dubai - naughty girl).

Let's catch up again for a drink or three - it's been a long time. Plus I want to meet your Miss Kaz. :cool:

Member #3428
07-20-09, 21:55
50/50 and Piper1, haven't seen you folks in a while but I'll be there from Aug 28 or so until Sept 16 or so. Piper1 miss losing in pool to WildKitten and 50/50 I don't think I'm up for a boat trip this time but just straight sex....

I do have a crap load of work to do and will either be with a very un open minded girl or I'll be a complete SOB. Or I could be both :D

Pita123
07-20-09, 22:01
50/50 - I'll be there (escaping Ramadan in Dubai) from about August 20 to September 10. I'll be with my very open-minded wife (Wildcat), our daughter (Wildkitten), my 18 y.o son (conservative), his girlfriend (also conservative) and our Filipina maid (haven't worked her out yet - she's married in Phils but has boyfriends in Dubai - naughty girl).

Let's catch up again for a drink or three - it's been a long time. Plus I want to meet your Miss Kaz. :cool:

Damn that is quite an entourage you travel with! I'll be in and out as usual. Hope to catch up at some point.

1Ball
07-21-09, 00:53
50/50 - I'll be there (escaping Ramadan in Dubai) from about August 20 to September 10. I'll be with my very open-minded wife (Wildcat), and our Filipina maid (haven't worked her out yet - she's married in Phils but has boyfriends in Dubai - naughty girl).

Any of you guys who happen to be in BKK during that time, you lucky bestards. Piper's maid is hot hot hot. miss V. oooohhh, as Celine Dion sings "those nights of endless pleasure". yummy. :D

The Scout
07-21-09, 05:04
I will be arriving in Thailand July 30th and staying for the month of August.

1st stop - I will be in Pattaya for a couple of weeks at least.

If anybody wants to get together for drinks, or food, or adventure, or anything else let me know.

Jeppz71
07-21-09, 18:26
Will be in BKK around 14-25 aug, think I will stay near Nana.

Anyone up for some beer?

BurnMax2007
07-23-09, 21:20
I arrive in Thailand July 28 and will head to Pattaya for at least a week.

I usually go to the beer bars, gogo bars, then to the discos later.

Let me know if anyone wants to get together.

The best flight I found out of LAX was through Singapore Airlines for $469 one-way, but it is a 30 hour flight which is about 10 hours longer than most.

Zeerover
07-28-09, 15:32
Hi there,

I'll be in BKK from aug 5 till aug 13, staying in the Grand Millenium, give me a message for having a beer.

Ed

Fast Eddie 48
07-29-09, 16:55
I arrive in Thailand July 28 and will head to Pattaya for at least a week.

I usually go to the beer bars, gogo bars, then to the discos later.

Let me know if anyone wants to get together.

The best flight I found out of LAX was through Singapore Airlines for $469 one-way, but it is a 30 hour flight which is about 10 hours longer than most.Burnmax,

Why don't you take cathay pacific they got 3 flight a day from LAX to HK, from Hong Kong 8 flight a day to BKK fare is about 895 usd round trip inc tax, I like to take the red eye leave LAX 1am and you get to BKK around 11 am the next day take about 20 hr.

Fast Eddie 48

DarKxTieN
07-31-09, 14:27
Hey everyone,

I am finally getting a chance to head out to BKK in sept for 3 weeks and I thought I share some information on my trip fare. Leaving from LAX They seem to have some low fares (atleast seems low to me? ) in Sept for like $676. For those interested the site is.

Fhtmus.com/philipleong click on the link that says travel

Thanks to everyone for arming me with great knowledge and maybe my first time out there will be that much better. The ISG is top tier!

BurnMax2007
08-01-09, 10:39
I wanted a one-way ticket since I don't know when or where I will be returning back to the USA Most of the good deals are for round-trip tickets, comparably priced one-way tickets can be hard to find. Often people can book a round-trip ticket cheaper than a one-way ticket for the same route and airline, so they buy the round-trip ticket and just skip the return flight. The way the airlines price their tickets is very screwed up.

Burnmax,

Why don't you take cathay pacific they got 3 flight a day from LAX to HK, from Hong Kong 8 flight a day to BKK fare is about 895 usd round trip inc tax, I like to take the red eye leave LAX 1am and you get to BKK around 11 am the next day take about 20 hr.

Fast Eddie 48

LittleBigMan
08-01-09, 16:55
B2007,

You can do this... when you go online with your specific airline and destination see what it cost for a oneway, then try it for a round trip so you can compare the difference. On every airline website, you will see also a box for open date, which means you don't know when you are going to return. Usually this allows somewhere between 6month to one year. The length will determine the cost.. Try this method and compare the price if you had a return date. This would give you a idea whether it would benefit you to go one way or a open ticket. You can also put in a estimate time when you think you might return and look at the provision of penalty if you change that date. In the end you are doing a comparsion to see if you should continue to buy a one way ticket or go with a penalty. Most tickets changes to Bangkok are usually 2,000 penalty. You got to play around it's a game...

Good luck, LBM

Ny Desiman
08-01-09, 17:12
Arriving BKK on Aug 4th. Then to Pukhet few days later. After that to Pattaya.

Fancy meeting Senior Member of the forum to gain some knowledge first hand of do's and don'ts :)

Xs1313
08-02-09, 23:07
Will be in BKK on Aug 18's till 21, and from sept 2nd till 7'th.

Staying near nana, if anyone's up for a bear.

PM me

Fifty Fifty
08-05-09, 02:41
I will be in Hua Hin 5th to 10th August then on to Udon Thani until 15th, back in to BKK from 23rd and maybe in Pattaya last week in August, if any decent paid up members are up for a chat and a beer, send me a PM.

Cheers, FF

Great Guy
08-05-09, 04:38
Will be in BKK on Aug 18's till 21, and from sept 2nd till 7'th.

Staying near nana, if anyone's up for a bear.

PM me

Hi Xs

I'm not sure about bears in Bangkok. Elephants, yes. But bears?

Anyhow, I tried to PM you but it seems that you need to send in your subscription to ISG.

I'll be arriving in BKK on the 6th of Sept. If you subscribe, we could PM to arrange to get together for a BEER.

GG

Predator 4
08-05-09, 17:33
Gents,

Having got some unexpected free time I have the chance to visit Thailand for the first time on a spur of the moment thing but realised that jabs are recommended, and have of course consulted links like the one below.

http://www.traveldoctor.info/vaccinations/thailand.151.html#1

The plan would be to go to BKK and Koh Samui. Can someone tell me how necessary these jabs are? I'm looking to be assuaged, fellahs, but I don't want to take any wild risks ;-)

P4

Mouse1
08-05-09, 17:46
Gents,

Having got some unexpected free time I have the chance to visit Thailand for the first time on a spur of the moment thing but realised that jabs are recommended, and have of course consulted links like the one below.

The plan would be to go to BKK and Koh Samui. Can someone tell me how necessary these jabs are? I'm looking to be assuaged, fellahs, but I don't want to take any wild risks ;-)

P4I really wouldn't worry about them if you're just staying in the cities. Having said that, I went trekking in Thailand a couple of years ago and got combined diptheria & tetanus jab (lasts 10 years), and a combined Hep A and typhoid (lasts 20 years for Hep A). I was very cautious the first visit and wouldn't drink non-bottled water, etc. Now I'm much more relaxed, only eat local food, usually from street vendors or local restaurants, and I've only ever had one 'incident'.

Pita123
08-05-09, 19:41
Gents,

Jabs are indeed highly recommended. I jab lots of girls while in Bangkok. I tried to find someone to jab in Chiang Rai but ended up with a flat tire. There were some nice girls to jab down in Phang Na and I think I may have jabbed a girl from Hatyai while in Phuket. She was great! Don't think I jabbed anyone in Pats outside of the swinger parter where there were jabs galore.

Have a great trip!

ThaiLearner
08-05-09, 20:00
Gents,

P4I would get all your jabs that you require and keep them up tp date.

They may just save your life if you catch anything.

Also if you don't your travel insurance may be void.

Lama Di Bali
08-06-09, 02:10
jabs are recommended.

P4Pita says it all about the most desirable jabs in Thailand....

However, it's a good idea wherever you are (Bangkok or Bangor), but especially traveling in the tropics to make sure your tetanus innoculation is up to date. A booster every 10 years I think is the norm.

For sensitive souls with a predilection for DATY and rimming, hepatitis vaccination might be useful.

I've been living in South East Asia for more than 10 years, traveled extensively, and had no shots at all.

The common diseases these days, like dengue, you cannot inoculate against, and a condom works pretty good against HIV/AIDS and other STDs.

Don't worry about it.

BurnMax2007
08-07-09, 10:09
I am in Bangkok from August 7-12, let me know if someone wants to get together.

Pita123
08-07-09, 12:31
Seems a few of us may be in Livingstone's Lodge on Soi 33 Sat night at some point. Drop by.

Big Joe 11
08-09-09, 05:15
Burnmax,

Fast Eddie 48From LAX to HK is $800. From lax to hk to bangkok then hk back to LAX is $825. This is why I am coming to Bangkok at the end of October.

Okcomputer
08-15-09, 18:24
Hi all,

Planning a trip to Phuket for the first week of September. Gonna get down low in the low season. Shoot me a PM if you're looking for a wingman.

Dainoji
08-15-09, 20:27
Gents,

P4Being a bit paranoid myself I read the website you gave and thought, Jesus, should I really get all those, and then I stopped for a second and was curious what it had to say about other countries (like "1st world" countries). It recommends both Diptheria, Hep A and Tetnus for Japan, same for America (minus the Hep A), and I've lived in those countries without any problems. Not to say you shouldn't get the shots, especially if they will make you feel better and help you enjoy your trip more, but I think they are just being cautious and saying "hey it is possible to get these things if you are unlucky" so sit down and let the nice nurse stick you with a needle. :)

Mouse1
08-17-09, 22:41
I'm making a business trip out to the Far East shortly, and my travel company has come back with a suggested stopover in Hong Kong, rather than my normal BKK.

I could make a fuss and get them to change it, but...

I've never been to HK, so it would be interesting. I've just been reading a lot of the reports (RTFF!) both here and elsewhere, and the scene looks very promising.

Does anybody who has been to both places have any specific comments on the HK scene in comparison to LOS? In particular, ease of getting LT? General friendliness or otherwise of the ladies, and language issues?

Thanks

Pita123
08-18-09, 05:18
i'm making a business trip out to the far east shortly, and my travel company has come back with a suggested stopover in hong kong, rather than my normal bkk.

i could make a fuss and get them to change it, but...

i've never been to hk, so it would be interesting. i've just been reading a lot of the reports (rtff!) both here and elsewhere, and the scene looks very promising.

does anybody who has been to both places have any specific comments on the hk scene in comparison to los? in particular, ease of getting lt? general friendliness or otherwise of the ladies, and language issues?

thanks

i pulled a few times from a bar in wan chai. typically you'll find lots of pinay chicks. no problem with lt. the last time was probably 2 years ago. the scene is reminiscent of ot in sg or angels disco in days gone by. as for language, expect great english.

on the other hand you could go for the quickies in the 144 girls. these are girls that are in rooms rep001tered throughout hk where you walk the halls, knock on doors, take a looksie and decide if you want or not. mostly prc girls and no english whatsoever.

Traveler1234
08-18-09, 05:24
Does anybody who has been to both places have any specific comments on the HK scene in comparison to LOS? In particular, ease of getting LT? General friendliness or otherwise of the ladies, and language issues?

Thanks

Two different types of monger scene...but both easy to get laid :)

HK thread has good write-ups - if LT is your choice, probably best bet is Wanchai bars and filipina or thai girls.

Redfield10
08-19-09, 02:04
Howdy. I'll be in BKK and Pattaya Oct. 23 to Nov. 8 with a side trip to HK. Any guys interested in having a beer, PM me or post here.

Thanks. Probably staying at Dynasty Grande. Not sure where yet in Pattaya.

Member #3428
08-20-09, 06:37
Aug 30 to Sept 16 Bangkok

Maybe some side trips in there but generally will be around town

Know a few ISGer's who will be in during various times

Joe Cose
08-20-09, 19:18
Anyone up for a night out in Pattaya sep 5 or 15?

Loshereicome
08-22-09, 01:25
Aug 30 to Sept 16 Bangkok

Maybe some side trips in there but generally will be around town

Know a few ISGer's who will be in during various timesIL be in town from3 to 9 September.If somebody needs a wingmen or just get couple of beers.

Longbone
08-22-09, 06:24
Anyone up for a night out in Pattaya sep 5 or 15?Hey Joe,

I too will be Pattaya from Sept 5th to 9th. Would sure like to go for a night out. I will be staying at Citin Loft. Where you stayin'?

(Duh.. I have not activated my PM yet. Need to stay in touch through the board for a while).

El Greco
08-22-09, 11:49
I'm making a business trip out to the Far East shortly, and my travel company has come back with a suggested stopover in Hong Kong, rather than my normal BKK.

I could make a fuss and get them to change it, but...

I've never been to HK, so it would be interesting. I've just been reading a lot of the reports (RTFF!) both here and elsewhere, and the scene looks very promising.

Thanks

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=919727&postcount=3058

Have fun

Figures
08-22-09, 21:23
Arriving in BKK 8/26 late and will be the city for 5 nights. I've always done BKK alone but thought t would be fun to hoop up with a few guys to do some bar crawling and hunting with. I'll be staying at the Majestic right around the corner from the NEP. Let me know if you want to meet for a beer. I'm an early 50's punter who knows my way around the P4P scene.

MustangRacer
08-23-09, 18:44
I will be traveling to Pattaya Sept 17-26.

If anyone wants to hang out let me know here on the board.

Joe Cose
08-24-09, 15:46
Hey Joe,

I too will be Pattaya from Sept 5th to 9th. Would sure like to go for a night out. I will be staying at Citin Loft. Where you stayin'?

(Duh.. I have not activated my PM yet. Need to stay in touch through the board for a while).

We can meet at Cats Corner bar in Soi 14/15 near Secrets and Baby Dolls at 9pm on Sep 5

Beer 30
08-24-09, 22:32
We can meet at Cats Corner bar in Soi 14/15 near Secrets and Baby Dolls at 9pm on Sep 5I'll try to make it on the 5th also, I will be in Pats Aug 30 - Sept 6 and BKK Sept 6 - Sept 10. then to HK for 5 days. If anyone wants to meet up before that let me know I have a few expat friends I'll be visiting that week.

Serial Kisser
08-30-09, 19:06
I will be traveling to Pattaya Sept 17-26.

If anyone wants to hang out let me know here on the board.I'll be in Pattaya from Sept 21 to 24.

Could be fun to hang out together.

I'm put up at the Pattaya Bay Resort? How about you?

Anybody else would like to join?

MustangRacer
09-01-09, 11:41
I'll be in Pattaya from Sept 21 to 24.

Could be fun to hang out together.

I'm put up at the Pattaya Bay Resort? How about you?

Anybody else would like to join?I will be staying at the Nova Platinum Hotel.

How far is the Pattaya Bay Resort from "Walking Street"?

Should be a good time, I have spent all of my time in South/Central America and need some place new.

Wadzilla
09-04-09, 19:46
I've got about 10 days in Thailand starting Sept 7th. Though I will be busy most of that with a wedding up in the north.

@Beer30 : care to meet up for some tipple on 7th or 8th around the NEP area?

Will be around before I head off to a wedding.

Cheers!

Mrbizla
09-07-09, 23:30
Brothers,

Will arrive BKK 24th Sep, booked into the Royal Asia Lodge for 2 nights, might have a third, before going to Pattaya to get knee deep until the following Friday....

Would be cool to meet up with any fellow sinners around Nana for a beer, especially any English lads, just for the comfort of the familiar I guess!

Then like I say up to Pattaya and from what I've read here these past weeks it would certainly benefit to have a banter with someone who's got their hand in, so to speak (The Departed's posts have infected me! Help me LBM!!!!!)

If anyone see's an incredibly pale, bald 30's englishman walking round nana with his jaw on the floor and a pool of drool around him.....yep, that'll be me, so say hello and give me the ISG knowing wink!

Will of course dutifully report on my experiences.

Cheers everyone

Mr B

Mankosuki
09-08-09, 11:00
Hi All,

I will be in Bangkok from Sept 24-28. Will be staying in Soi 33 area.

Will be available most of those nights if anyone wants to meet up for drinks, let me know. I am not able to get private messages at the moment.

Serial Kisser
09-08-09, 14:27
How far is the Pattaya Bay Resort from "Walking Street"?
I'm not entirely sure, but it wouldn't be too far off. If you suggest a time and place, I'll show up.

LynnMan
09-09-09, 02:39
I hope you can chime with suggestions, advice etc. I have had glasses for about 6 years and I'm considering Laser surgery. In the USA the lowest quote I've had is about $3500-4000, I was wondering if someone here has tried medical procedures in Thailand, and if they know the cost of Lasik, or an estimate.

In the states the insurance does not cover it, just like plastic surgery and I thought I could try it in Bangkok, including spending sometime with the ladies there.

LM

LittleBigMan
09-09-09, 11:58
LynnMan,

For Bangkok, Lasik just Google, Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. World Class Hospital should be must must lower that U.S.

LBM

El Greco
09-09-09, 14:57
I hope you can chime with suggestions, advice etc. I have had glasses for about 6 years and I'm considering Laser surgery. In the USA the lowest quote I've had is about $3500-4000, I was wondering if someone here has tried medical procedures in Thailand, and if they know the cost of Lasik, or an estimate.

In the states the insurance does not cover it, just like plastic surgery and I thought I could try it in Bangkok, including spending sometime with the ladies there.

LM

I had mine done, on both eyes, a couple of years ago in Greece for 2.500 €. My insurance agent advised me to ask the doctor to write on his report that my long sight (miopia) was more than 5 degrees and with that they covered it.

Hope it helps.

Duniawala
09-09-09, 18:54

LM
Don't know about Thailand but it cost me $600, 4 years ago in India. Prices are usually at par with Thailand, but my guess is under a $1000.

As with any procedure, go to a reputable doctor who has many years of practice and a good record. One pre-requisite is that the power should be stable for last 2 years. If not, then the Lasik may not be permanent.

Good luck.

Mr Enternational
09-10-09, 06:40
Fuck man. 3500? I got mine done here in the states in 2001 for 998. I think my brother got a consultation at the same place a couple of years later and they were talking over 2k.

Anyway. I will be arriving in Pattaya late at night on the 16th. If anyone is around PM me.

ValeVincent
09-11-09, 08:19
I had lasik done at the Bumrungrad four years ago. Best thing I ever did. The price was below one third of my own country. Brought me from.6,.5.5 to.0.25, 0

Look at Bumrungrads homepage to view prices. And combine it with mongering.

Johnthescot
09-11-09, 18:21
I'm not entirely sure, but it wouldn't be too far off. If you suggest a time and place, I'll show up.

They have free Tuk Tuk to 2nd road whenever you want and it's a 5 minute walk to walking street from there.

Very good hotel btw. I'm pissed that I cant get a Deluxe room there in November!!

JohntheScot

Matteo 77
09-20-09, 23:01
Hy i'll be in bkk by the end of oct.

I read, a while ago, of a club with 2 line of girls, one that provide anal one who dont, i can't find anymore the name and the info about the club, can anyone help me

tnx
M.

1Ball
09-20-09, 23:58
Hy i'll be in bkk by the end of oct.

I read, a while ago, of a club with 2 line of girls, one that provide anal one who dont, i can't find anymore the name and the info about the club, can anyone help me

tnx
M.
It is called EDEN, on Soi 7/1.
I am sure there is a website you can find if you google it.

M P Lurker
09-21-09, 16:37
It is called EDEN, on Soi 7/1.
I am sure there is a website you can find if you google it.
Not that easy to find a good site!

http://www.bkk-gui.de/ede_eng_f.htm

This one isn't working (even if private bkk didn't get censored):
http://www.**************.com/eden-club-bangkok/

Lastman
09-22-09, 11:14
Brothers,

Will arrive BKK 24th Sep, booked into the Royal Asia Lodge for 2 nights, might have a third, before going to Pattaya to get knee deep until the following Friday....

Would be cool to meet up with any fellow sinners around Nana for a beer, especially any English lads, just for the comfort of the familiar I guess!

Then like I say up to Pattaya and from what I've read here these past weeks it would certainly benefit to have a banter with someone who's got their hand in, so to speak (The Departed's posts have infected me! Help me LBM!!!!!)

If anyone see's an incredibly pale, bald 30's englishman walking round nana with his jaw on the floor and a pool of drool around him.....yep, that'll be me, so say hello and give me the ISG knowing wink!

Will of course dutifully report on my experiences.

Cheers everyone

Mr BArriving in Pattaya on Saturday the 26th can show you around, been to patts several times - pm me. anyone else going to be in patts over the last week of september / first week of October.

Mrbizla
09-22-09, 22:34
Arriving in Pattaya on Saturday the 26th can show you around, been to patts several times - pm me. anyone else going to be in patts over the last week of september / first week of October.Nice one, cheers my man. I'm thinking I'll go to Pattaya Sunday or Monday, all just depends how Bangkok goes.

You're timing is excellent as well buddy; i've got more nervous the closer it's got to my trip (less than 12 hours to flight time now so i'm like a child on christmas eve!) and the next time I get to read the forum I'll be in LOS.

So to feel a friendly welcome hand at this late stage is a great comfort. Thank you, and thanks to this brilliant forum for all the prep work I feel I've done, even though I've forgot most of it and just like school, failed to take adequate notes!

I'll PM you once I know when I'm coming over to Patts x

Regards,

MrB

Naughty
09-24-09, 18:25
I'll be making my first visit to SEA since I divorced my Isaan wife a year ago next January.

(GRIN)

I'll be spending most of my time in LOS, but I also want to visit Ho Chi Minh City for a few days as I have never been to Vietnam.

Should I get the required visa directly from the Vietnamese Embassy, or from a travel agent?

Also, if anyone knows of a reasonable and reliable travel agent to purchase air travel from. I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Naughty

Fast Eddie 48
09-30-09, 01:09
I'll be making my first visit to SEA since I divorced my Isaan wife a year ago next January.

(GRIN)

I'll be spending most of my time in LOS, but I also want to visit Ho Chi Minh City for a few days as I have never been to Vietnam.

Should I get the required visa directly from the Vietnamese Embassy, or from a travel agent?

Also, if anyone knows of a reasonable and reliable travel agent to purchase air travel from. I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

NaughtyNaughty,

Just get it from a travel agent save you time to go to the embassy and wait in line, most agent charge a small fee about 150 bht comission.

Fast Eddie 48

Muz53
09-30-09, 16:16
I will be arriving at Bangkok on 10/13/09 and after a week to pattaya, my favorite place. Is any one interested to join me as it is much easier to take photos of each other. May consider shrin the girls. I am 53 indian born but iusa passport.

Thanks

Naughty
10-06-09, 12:56
Thanks F.E.

I'll just get a TA to handle it all and go over to the Thonburi side and ty to sniff out some fun over there while I wait.

Redfield10
10-06-09, 15:47
Hi guys,

I'm an American guy and I'll be in Bkk, Pattaya, and Hong Kong during the October 24 to Nov 8 time period. I'll be in Bkk staying at the Dynasty Grande except from Oct 27,28 and 29 when I will be in Pattaya and from Nov 1-4 when I will be in Hong Kong (staying at Empire Hotel on Wan Chai).

If you around, let's catch a beer and maybe do some hunting together!!

PM me and we can make some plans.

Big Joe 11
10-14-09, 06:30
I am a Thailand Virgin and will stay at LL for 4 days.

Can't wait!

Fifty Fifty
10-14-09, 14:04
Hi Folks,

Currently in Chiang Mai, staying Raming Lodge until 18/19, anyone up for a beer, pm as usual.

Cheers, FF

Mouse1
10-14-09, 14:37

(GRIN)

Thanks in advance,

NaughtyGetting a Vietnam visa is not trivial, so best to get through a travel agent who can advise you.

You can buy flights to HCMC from Bangkok on AirAsia. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Member #3428
10-14-09, 22:07
Getting a Vietnam visa is not trivial, so best to get through a travel agent who can advise you.

You can buy flights to HCMC from Bangkok on AirAsia. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Mouse1 I know you travel around a lot so FYI.... Vietnam visa costs 75 USD for a MNL travel agent to pick up my passport, take it to the embassy in MNL, return it in about an hour depending on traffic. That is all inclusive fee. For BKK the costs are a little lower, but can take a little longer.

MilesToGo
10-19-09, 01:10
who is around in pattaya?
maybe share a drink, while scouting out the (hopefully) new talent?

reply by pm here.

Smartbuy
10-24-09, 03:09
Looks like I'll be in Pattaya for Christmas +/- 5 days.

I would like to know if the prices change significantly, and does accom get hard?

This forum does not say, but will tourist numbers this xmas be down on last year because of the financial and jobs crisis? Not been to LOS for years.

If Pattaya is not Christmas friendly, would I be better off at Chang Mai or Cambodia somewhere else. In a previous high season the gals were looking for 3+3+3 Japanese, and attitudes put a damper on the 'fun' factor.

What would ST, LT be roundabouts Xmas time?

Aruncuckoo
10-24-09, 10:03
Hi,

I have a question, i went through the VISA form and it is asking for "Name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand", is it mandatory for having this details for getting a Visa on arrival. Iam planning not to go via any travel agents and is planning to book tickets directly.

Also i have not visited any country via visa on arrival, any details on what they usually check when departure from home country if im going to get visa only on landing apart from basic stuffs like ID proof, air tickets and enough cash? Any indians over here who can share his experiance because im coming from there.

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated

Arun

Joe Cose
10-24-09, 22:46
Looks like I'll be in Pattaya for Christmas +/- 5 days.

I would like to know if the prices change significantly, and does accom get hard?

This forum does not say, but will tourist numbers this xmas be down on last year because of the financial and jobs crisis? Not been to LOS for years.

If Pattaya is not Christmas friendly, would I be better off at Chang Mai or Cambodia somewhere else. In a previous high season the gals were looking for 3+3+3 Japanese, and attitudes put a damper on the 'fun' factor.

What would ST, LT be roundabouts Xmas time?

I was in Pattaya last Christmas. I noticed that some of the hotels near Walking Street started telling people they were fully booked for the Christmas period even though they were not. This was so they could charge a high rate to walk in customers. However, further away there was no problem getting rooms. There are for instance many hotels etc near Carrefour on Soi Yume. I have never known these even put their prices up let alone be fully booked. You generally pay around 600 baht.
I also noted that Rolling Stone 2 bar increased its barfine from 300 to 500 on Christmas eve but I paid my girl her usual money.
Chiang Mai is not warm in December. Pattaya is.

Tommyh80
10-24-09, 23:01
I will be travelling to Thailand in beginning of december and stay for more than a month.

People tell me to take a few days in Bangkok, then head to Pattaya and stay there for some weeks, then head to a place where I can relax on the beach during the day, and meet gorgeous girls in the evening.

Since I like big cities, I was thinking to speng 5 days in Bangkok, and then head to Pattaya and stay there for 1 week. Where should I go next? Phuket? Ko Sumui? I like nightlife and girls. Phuket I heard is overcrowded with tourits.

Member #3428
10-25-09, 06:31
I will be travelling to Thailand in beginning of december and stay for more than a month.

Book a few days then go from there. Don't book anything you can not get refunded as you might extend or leave early. Do not get sucked into saying you will go this place for XXX days then that place for XXX days.

Local book rates / walk in rates you can get pretty cheap however December is holiday season, high season, more expensive etc... so that might blow your opportunities to get some good rates at nicer places.

But if you are that wide open I'd get a ticket into Thailand and a ticket out of Thailand. Then venture where ever you feel fit. Chiang Mai for a weekend, down around phuket (north or south of it, I'm not a huge fan of phuket but have been there a couple of times).

Who told you to go to pattaya for a few weeks must be crazy as about all there is to do is to have sex around the clock :D Seriously Pattaya is built on the sex industry so a couple of weeks could be boring as you can have sex anywhere in thailand.

Read up on the places but unfortunately, some of the really nice resorts might be sold out due to the holiday season or very high prices (way over priced).

ThaiLearner
10-25-09, 10:04

People tell me to take a few days in Bangkok, then head to Pattaya and stay there for some weeks, then head to a place where I can relax on the beach during the day, and meet gorgeous girls in the evening.

Since I like big cities, I was thinking to speng 5 days in Bangkok, and then head to Pattaya and stay there for 1 week. Where should I go next? Phuket? Ko Sumui? I like nightlife and girls. Phuket I heard is overcrowded with tourits.

I would make your first port of call Bangkok, then head off to Patong beach Phuket you can fly with

www.airasia.com
www.bangkokair.com
www.thaiair.com

all fly from BKK to Phuket

Once you have been to Phuket then you can fly to Pattaya (u-toapa) and stop off at Koh Samui on the way .

www.bangkokair.com only use this route.

Then spend the rest of your time in Pattaya and you can take a taxi or the bell bus back to BKK airport.

Darkman
10-27-09, 17:16
I got a great deal to Thailand but none of my friend can go.

I am thinking of going the nov 9-18.

Is anyone going want to go or your to be there.

The Scout
10-29-09, 09:21
Hi,

I have a question, i went through the VISA form and it is asking for "Name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand", is it mandatory for having this details for getting a Visa on arrival. Iam planning not to go via any travel agents and is planning to book tickets directly.

Also i have not visited any country via visa on arrival, any details on what they usually check when departure from home country if im going to get visa only on landing apart from basic stuffs like ID proof, air tickets and enough cash? Any indians over here who can share his experiance because im coming from there.

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated

ArunI'm not sure about India. I'm from the U.S. and here's how it works for me.

Visa on Arrival.

"Name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand" is not for visa on arrival. You just fill out a card on the airplane. Name, country, passport number, place you will stay, occupation, birth date, flight you depart on, and sometimes days you'll be staying. I get 30 days on arrival. When I fill arrival/departure card they give to people on the airplane I write down that I'm staying 30 days (not 1 month, but actually 30 days). I haven't had to show my return ticket. Location I put a hotel I'm staying at, or a popular hotel. On the departure flight I put a flight number or just write the Airline I'm using. Sometimes immigration doesn't talk to me. Other times they ask why I'm here and I say "Holiday". I get a 30 day stamp, done.

Applying for a tourist visa.

If it's a tourist visa (60 days) then you leave the "Name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand" section blank. It's for some other type of visa. That's what they told me at the embassy. Some places will issue 2 (double entry) but some offer 1. If you write 2, they'll inform you if they only offer 1. Right now there's a campaign so it should be free to apply for a tourist visa.

I hope this helps you a little.

The Scout
10-29-09, 09:23
I'm in Phuket, Patong beach area if anybody wants to get together for a drink and look at some sexy ladies.

BurnMax2007
11-01-09, 10:54
I am in Pattaya until at least November 7.

Let me know if someone would like to get together for a drink.

Bud Leeeeeeee
11-03-09, 05:07
I don't have my tickets yet. Hmmmmm do I pay the $2300 now RT from San Diego or is there usually some least minute deals. Even the $2300 tickets say "Hurry only 4 remaining!". Anyone out there wait until the last few days and get a decent deal on a regular basis?

Dec19 to Jan 4 is the timeframe. Probably the worst time of the year to try and get a deal.

Just asking.

SAN to BKK. Could do LAC to BKK also.

Anyways TIA for your expertise!

ThaiLearner
11-03-09, 09:03
I don't have my tickets yet. Hmmmmm do I pay the $2300 now RT from San Diego or is there usually some least minute deals. Even the $2300 tickets say "Hurry only 4 remaining!". Anyone out there wait until the last few days and get a decent deal on a regular basis?

Dec19 to Jan 4 is the timeframe. Probably the worst time of the year to try and get a deal.

Just asking.

Sorry but you have left it too late to get a deal you would have been better to book earlier. I booked in May arriving from London on the 30/12/09 then returning to 23/01/10 I go a direct flight for £530 the same flight is now £300+ more.

Rjsss212
11-03-09, 13:53
So, on your last trip you were torn between PI and LOS. Where did you end up going and how was it?

RJSSS212

Just asking.

Soilord
11-03-09, 15:44
I'm not sure about India. I'm from the U.S. and here's how it works for me.

Visa on Arrival.

"Name and Address of Guarantor in Thailand" is not for visa on arrival. You just fill out a card on the airplane. Name, country, passport number, place you will stay, occupation, birth date, flight you depart on, and sometimes days you'll be staying. I get 30 days on arrival. When I fill arrival/departure card they give to people on the airplane I write down that I'm staying 30 days (not 1 month, but actually 30 days). I haven't had to show my return ticket. Location I put a hotel I'm staying at, or a popular hotel. On the departure flight I put a flight number or just write the Airline I'm using. Sometimes immigration doesn't talk to me. Other times they ask why I'm here and I say "Holiday". I get a 30 day stamp, done. What you describe is "visa exemption", not "visa on arrival", and it doesn't apply to Indians. Nationalities who need "visa on arrival" must actually queue up upon arrival at the airport and get a visa put in their passport before entering the immigration line.

Duniawala
11-03-09, 16:32

Just asking.

Try Thai from LAX. Probably get it cheaper. Use an Indian or Thai Travel agent.

Chrisde99
11-04-09, 02:42
I will be in BKK from Nov 22-26 at Nana Hotel.

If anyone wants to meet up for a drink etc send me a PM.

Fast Eddie 48
11-04-09, 07:30

Just asking.

Anyways TIA for your expertise!Bud,

I just got back to SFO, I fly cathay pacific with stop over in HKG airfare is 875 USD included tax and stop over, they have 3 flight a day from LAX and 2 flight a day from SFO to HKG and 5 flight a day from HKG to BKK, yes fare will go up during the holiday but not as much as domestic flight.

Fast Eddie 48

Bud Leeeeeeee
11-05-09, 04:47
Cathay Pacific with some advance notice looks like the way to go. I am late in the game so it looks like I will have to pay. This was to be my first trip to LOS. BIG reason I am going is that a friend of mine was gonna to go also. I didn't want to go alone especially for 2 weeks. I asked him how much he thought tickets would be and he said 1200ish. Looks like i may be going alone afterall. I have seen plenty of positive reports of people going it alone. Some even recommend it.

If I do go alone it will be longer (3 weeks of leave saved up) and I will be more flexible with my dates of flying which could help the price. I can fork it out its just my friend isn't gonna want to pay as much since he has been before.

I have been so putting off my FIRST SE Asia trip. Friends married or no money. Time for me to sack the hell up and make it happen.

Thanks everyone for chiming in and I will post if errrrrr WHEN I do make it out there.

Flights from Thailand to Vietnam or to PI are there a ton of savings done way in advance. I was hoping to BKK and go where it takes me. ;)

Harikke
11-06-09, 13:06
I have a girl to visit me in Thailand next week.

Problem is that she is living in Malaysia and she is South African citizen.

I bought her plane ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, and now I have been informed that she will be asked to show at least 10.000Baht in the thai custom to be able to enter into Thailand.

I have invited her because she seems like the perfect ****/slave, but I am not interested to tranferring her any money up front.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this without transferring her any money?

Is it a fact that she will be forced showing that she have the mentioned money?

Quick and positive answers are very much appriciated, since I need some change;)

Hi Harikke,

With all due respect, why did you post this in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread?

The Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling in the country.

Thanks,

Jackson

Subetai
11-07-09, 01:50
Will be in Thailand from 29 Dec to around 13 Jan. Obviously BKK and Pattaya, but not sure where else. Anywhere particularly good for New Year's?

Haven't decided on Hotels in BKK or Pattaya yet

Happy to meet up for a beer and joint patrolling.

ThaiLearner
11-07-09, 11:11
Will be in Thailand from 29 Dec to around 13 Jan. Obviously BKK and Pattaya, but not sure where else. Anywhere particularly good for New Year's?

Haven't decided on Hotels in BKK or Pattaya yet

Happy to meet up for a beer and joint patrolling.

Is this your first trip to LOS?

As you are only there for a couple of weeks I would probably just stay in Bangkok for a few days then Pattaya.

Or Bangkok then Phuket then a week in Pattaya.

I suggest that you book your hotels asap as you are going in high season.

I will be in Pattaya from the 30th December Pm with your details if you or anyone fancies a beer.

Fast Eddie 48
11-08-09, 01:28
Is this your first trip to LOS?

As you are only there for a couple of weeks I would probably just stay in Bangkok for a few days then Pattaya.

Or Bangkok then Phuket then a week in Pattaya.

I suggest that you book your hotels asap as you are going in high season.

I will be in Pattaya from the 30th December Pm with your details if you or anyone fancies a beer.Thailearner,

I just got back from Thailand it is very slow in Pattaya, most bar is empty and tourtist is way down the slowest I seen in 10 yr, many hotel is offering discount but not the barfine it was up from last yr, soi 6 bar girl want 2000 bht for all nighter and 1000 bht st at the bar, I think Pattaya is going down hill lot less girl avalible than a few yr ago, the new mall central festival is very nice with not many people with many great resturant, I don't think you are going to have a hard time getting room this hoilday.

Fast Eddie 48

Mr Enforcer
11-08-09, 09:17
I really do not have time to search on this site. Can anybody tell me a cheap GF hotel in Hua Hin that is close to whatever action there is and also walking distance to the beach. Any info appreciated.Around the b1000 mark.

Duniawala
11-08-09, 09:19
I have a girl to visit me in Thailand next week.

Problem is that she is living in Malaysia and she is South African citizen.

I bought her plane ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, and now I have been informed that she will be asked to show at least 10.000Baht in the thai custom to be able to enter into Thailand.

I have invited her because she seems like the perfect ****/slave, but I am not interested to tranferring her any money up front.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this without transferring her any money?

Is it a fact that she will be forced showing that she have the mentioned money?

Quick and positive answers are very much appriciated, since I need some change;)
[/blue]
That's a new one. Is the money to be shown after landing in BKK? And what has the Customs department have any thing to with entry?

Look up the requirement for a visa at the Thai Consulate website. And then post if you have a problem requiring help.

ThaiLearner
11-08-09, 10:37
Thailearner,

I just got back from Thailand it is very slow in Pattaya, most bar is empty and tourtist is way down the slowest I seen in 10 yr, many hotel is offering discount but not the barfine it was up from last yr, soi 6 bar girl want 2000 bht for all nighter and 1000 bht st at the bar, I think Pattaya is going down hill lot less girl avalible than a few yr ago, the new mall central festival is very nice with not many people with many great resturant, I don't think you are going to have a hard time getting room this hoilday.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie

Thanks for your info and view.

I would still book that way as soon as you get to Pattaya you can check into your hotel and spend more time having fun.

Freeler
11-08-09, 10:55
Hi,

Soon it's rig down for me at home and rig up on the green fields of Thailand.
Shall most likely be re-exploring the lands of Isaan, run in that pipe and damn sure give it a decent work over:).
Anybody up for small talk, lies and good food? - PM or email.

Regards,
Freeler

Jeff46
11-08-09, 14:32
That's a new one. Is the money to be shown after landing in BKK? And what has the Customs department have any thing to with entry?

Look up the requirement for a visa at the Thai Consulate website. And then post if you have a problem requiring help.I just came back from a visa trip Cambodia border. I saw a note at Thai border immigration telling or saying that they can control toursit if they have the neccessary c.

Jeff46
11-08-09, 14:47

Look up the requirement for a visa at the Thai Consulate website. And then post if you have a problem requiring help.cam back from a visa tour Cambodia today. I saw a note at the thai immigration saying that every foreigner enterering Thailand must show that they have at least 20.000 baht in cash. If not entry may be refused. I remember now there is some how a law of this. And its not new. But nobody control it. Till now.

By the way. At the immigration banlaem they request new a photocopy of passport with photo. Strict 200 cigarette one bottle alcool. Buy a box of LM red for 150 baht did not check at the shop. Once home only 14 cigarette per pack. Still a deal.

Joe Cose
11-10-09, 11:02
I'd be very happy to meet fellow members who are in Pattaya Nov 25 or 26; send me a PM.

Member #3428
11-10-09, 11:07
Not sure where I'll be or when exactly but I'll be in Thailand Nov 23 to Nov 28, then back Dec 6 until ???

I'll be in BKK and / or in Pat's....

JohnnyBraz
11-16-09, 10:53
In Phuket (Patong beach) from 22nd off December till 3rd of January.

Lwomack58
11-16-09, 19:19
Thanks everyone who might respond to my question here. I am coming to SE Asia for 3 months. Riding a bicycle all over. I need to have a root canal on a bad tooth and was wondering if it would be better to get it done in Bangkok or Pattaya? Because it is going to take several days for it to be completed would it be better in Pattaya as I would be able to ride my bike around during the day and have a more laid back place to stay for the few days. What do any of you think. It is also cheaper to stay in Pattaya, but at the same time want to get good treatment. Any advise would be a great help.

Hi Lwomack58,

With all due respect, why did you post this in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread?

The Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling in the country.

Thanks,

Jackson

Member #2041
11-16-09, 19:58
I really do not have time to search on this site. Can anybody tell me a cheap GF hotel in Hua Hin that is close to whatever action there is and also walking distance to the beach. Any info appreciated.Around the b1000 mark.
Try the Thipurai City Hotel. Great location about 1 block from the Hilton and Guest Friendly. But probably more like 1500 Baht in peak season. Hua Hin hotels are quite a bit more costly than Pattaya for the same sort of quality. Another possibility around the same price is the Royal Asia Lodge. Slightly better rooms, but less great location across the main road.

1000 Baht during peak season in Hua Hin will be tough if not impossible, unless a place is a real dump or really poorly located.

LittleBigMan
11-18-09, 15:52
Lwomack58,

In Pattaya, you can contact German Dental Co. LTD, 162/197 Moo 10. Thappraya Rd. Tel: +66 38 251289 +66 38 365020 Email: info@german-dental.net

After visiting a bunch of places in Pattaya I finally gave this place a try recommended to me by another ISG member. The place I found was very clean and professional and they have their own Dental Lab on site. This is one of the only places in Pattaya that I know of that can do a root canal and have a crown made for you in 3 days. First appointment they did the root canal and put in a temporary crown, second day came back for the crown fitting and third day I came back for the final placement. Damage was just under 10,000 baht without insurance.

From the end of 3rd Rd. head up Thappraya Rd. towards Jomtien. Just before the first 7/11 store is Soi 9, that is the location of the German Dental.

Good luck, LBM

Tpl288
11-21-09, 03:59
I will be in BKK on 30/11 for 3 days, happy to meet up for a drink and go watch some shows, looking for a wingman? PM me.

tpl288