PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Cali Fox
01-06-08, 09:03
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time post. I usually lurk in the Philippines area since my parents are from Manila, but I have minimal mongering experience there. I have just booked a last-minute trip to Bangkok to visit a college friend and for a vacation. I will be staying in the Sukhumvit area. I have been cramming for information on this board as much as possible. If any of you fellow mongers aren't too busy and want to grab a drink, and maybe show a newbie the ropes, please let me know. BTW, is there any place I can watch the NFL playoffs in HD? Thanks for all the great info!

Cali Fox

Duniawala
01-06-08, 18:15
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time post. I usually lurk in the Philippines area since my parents are from Manila, but I have minimal mongering experience there. I have just booked a last-minute trip to Bangkok to visit a college friend and for a vacation. I will be staying in the Sukhumvit area. I have been cramming for information on this board as much as possible. If any of you fellow mongers aren't too busy and want to grab a drink, and maybe show a newbie the ropes, please let me know. BTW, is there any place I can watch the NFL playoffs in HD? Thanks for all the great info!

Cali Fox
There is no HD broadcast in Thailand yet.

Traveler1234
01-06-08, 19:34
There is no HD broadcast in Thailand yet.

Duni is correct - no HD yet.

Games should be broadcasted on either ESPN and/or SuperSport (local cable network)...historically it will show live with 1 or 2 rebroadcasts.

El Greco
01-06-08, 23:21
Take the elevator to departures level and try to get a taxi that just dropped passengers and pay him only by the meter plus any highway tolls. Tolls are cheap anyway.

It works all the time for me. Even when taxis were located at the far end of the airport and not only in BKK.

If a stuborn policeman is nearby ask the taxi driver to offer him a 20 Baht tip.
It worked in the past too.

El Greco

Globe Trots
01-08-08, 01:30
Hi guys,

I'll be in BKK from 17-20 Jan. Drop me a PM if anyone wants to head out for a drink and some "late-night shopping" during that period. I'll be staying around Chitlom, but expect to be visiting Nana, Soi Cowboy, etc during the period :)

LookingToSwing4
01-08-08, 05:39
I am considering going to the Phi Phi Islands in late-April. I have recently heard that the area is thriving yet again and that the area has recoverd well post-tsunami. Anyone have any recent intel? Are there enough rooms re-built? How much damage did the reef's sustain?

I am also most interested to know if this is a Bring Your Own location? Would change the timing of my trip in order to ensure I had the time to find a nice companion to take with me.

I have searched this site, but have found no recent intel on the Phi Phi Islands. Any information would be most appreciated.

Ronin Valcho
01-08-08, 13:16
I'll be in BKk and Cambodia in Feb...

Feb. 9th - 12:00 P.M. -arrive (staying Sukhumvit)

Feb. 11-13th - Siem Reap

Feb. 13-15th (afternoon to afternoon) - Phnom Penh

Feb. 15th (late afternoon until afternoon on the 18th) - BKK -Sukhumvit

If anyone is around these areas at this time, let's have beer.

PM me.HI Redfield,

I am going to be in BKK from 13 th to 18 th lets meet up.

Ronin

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers. Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You

Fast Eddie 48
01-17-08, 05:56
I am considering going to the Phi Phi Islands in late-April. I have recently heard that the area is thriving yet again and that the area has recoverd well post-tsunami. Anyone have any recent intel? Are there enough rooms re-built? How much damage did the reef's sustain?

I am also most interested to know if this is a Bring Your Own location? Would change the timing of my trip in order to ensure I had the time to find a nice companion to take with me.

I have searched this site, but have found no recent intel on the Phi Phi Islands. Any information would be most appreciated.Looktoswing,

I don't think the Tsunami did much damage to the reef at Phi Phi island but more and more people coming here the last 10 yr did the most damage and over dive and boating , the better dive is at Rai island or Simian island where there are less people .

Fast eddie 48

Redfield10
01-17-08, 07:57
I'll be in BKk and Cambodia in Feb.

Feb. 9th - 12:00 P.M. -arrive (staying Sukhumvit)

Feb. 11-13th - Siem Reap

Feb. 13-15th (afternoon to afternoon) - Phnom Penh

Feb. 15th (late afternoon until afternoon on the 18th) - BKK -Sukhumvit

If anyone is around these areas at this time, let's have beer.

PM me, but make sure you can "receive" PM's back.

Mouse1
01-18-08, 10:27
A useful tip if you get caught in a long queue at immigration at Suvarnabhumi: At the far right end of the immigration desks is a separate area with desks labelled 'diplomatic and government passports only' or something similar. I noticed that families with young and less-than-young children were being directed there, so I thought I would chance it too. I can claim to work for the government (although no papers to back that up) so I mentally prepared my argument. However at the desk I was not queried at all, passport stamped, and walked through, thus avoiding an extremely long queue at the other desks.
Either they didn't care or assumed that anybody in that queue had been ushered there by the airport staff for some reason.
(This was about 7am so was also expecting a long slow taxi ride in, but in fact no problem at all, and sailed straight into Soi 8.)

Member #3428
01-19-08, 14:24
A useful tip if you get caught in a long queue at immigration at Suvarnabhumi: At the far right end of the immigration desks is a separate area with desks labelled 'diplomatic and government passports only' or something similar. I noticed that families with young and less-than-young children were being directed there, so I thought I would chance it too. I can claim to work for the government (although no papers to back that up) so I mentally prepared my argument. However at the desk I was not queried at all, passport stamped, and walked through, thus avoiding an extremely long queue at the other desks.
Either they didn't care or assumed that anybody in that queue had been ushered there by the airport staff for some reason.
(This was about 7am so was also expecting a long slow taxi ride in, but in fact no problem at all, and sailed straight into Soi 8.)

The left side as you face the desks and I have the right paperwork to go there for processing. I WOULD NOT advise people trying this. I've seen people do this and get pulled aside, what happens to them I don't know but I sure know they were taken off and I know they did not process quickly.

Daddy San
01-23-08, 21:33
I'll be in Chiang Mai in the second half of February and planning to do a guided tour (3-4 days) from there to the North (Chiang Rai, Golden Triangle etc.).

Can any one recommend a reliable operator/guide located either in CM or BKK?
Is there anything against taking a TG along? (I know, there is a lot for it!)

I'd appreciate some relevant feedback.

Monkey Joe
01-24-08, 04:45
This is friend and I 2nd trip to BKK. However the 1st time it was for only 4 and we limited time for R&R.

I have been to Eden (Loved it), Cawboys and other locations.

This time it is all about R&R.

I wellcome any sugestions for Hotel and places to go and Party and of cource some site seen.

Monkey Joe
01-24-08, 06:00
This is my 2nd visit to BKK. First time no mush time for R&R, however this time it is all about R&R.

I have been to Eden (loved it) and Soi Cowboys. Looking for suggestions were to stay closer to the action, etc.

Also recommendations to meet goo quality girls.

Member #4147
01-24-08, 07:30
Esp if you motorcycle, they have a website altho' trips are mostly a week or more

I'll be in Chiang Mai in the second half of February and planning to do a guided tour (3-4 days) from there to the North (Chiang Rai, Golden Triangle etc.).

Can any one recommend a reliable operator/guide located either in CM or BKK?
Is there anything against taking a TG along? (I know, there is a lot for it!)

I'd appreciate some relevant feedback.

Mouse1
01-24-08, 09:44
The left side as you face the desks and I have the right paperwork to go there for processing. I WOULD NOT advise people trying this. I've seen people do this and get pulled aside, what happens to them I don't know but I sure know they were taken off and I know they did not process quickly.It was the far right as you come up the ramp from the lounge. Might be similar to the left, I have never looked.
OK, it was a gamble, and I realised that if I was rejected I might be sent to the back of a now very long queue. But I was very prepared to argue my postion as a senior and respected member of HMG. As it was, no problems at all...

Mouse1
01-24-08, 09:48
I will be in BKK from 21st to 24th February and happy to meet up over a beer with any fellow members. Can be more fun to visit the go-go bars in company.
Mouse

SE Asia Joe
01-24-08, 11:05
The left side as you face the desks and I have the right paperwork to go there for processing. I WOULD NOT advise people trying this. I've seen people do this and get pulled aside, what happens to them I don't know but I sure know they were taken off and I know they did not process quickly.
Guys - The "Diplomatic and government passports, APEC card" channel, as it's name implies is reserved for diplomats AND.... APEC card holders. There are a lot more us APEC card holders passing thru thse special channels all over the APEC countries than there are diplomats!
Its not hard to apply for an APEC card and costs only approx US$60 for a 3 year card - so if you want to save yourself immigration queues ALL OVER Asia, get an APEC card!
SE Asia Joe

Mouse1
01-24-08, 14:02
Guys - The "Diplomatic and government passports, APEC card" channel, as it's name implies is reserved for diplomats AND.... APEC card holders. There are a lot more us APEC card holders passing thru special channels all over the APEC countries than there are diplomats!
Its not hard to apply for an APEC card and costs only approx US$60 for a 3 year card - so if you want to save yourself immigration queues ALL OVER Asia, get an APEC card!
SE Asia JoeYou have to be sponsored by an organisation within one of the participating countries: Australia, Brunei, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand. As a UK citizen I wouldn't be entitled to one. Otherwise great scheme...

Daddy San
01-24-08, 19:52
Esp if you motorcycle, they have a website altho' trips are mostly a week or moreHi Ultra Plot,

I don't ride motorcycles any more.

I heard, that there are nicer ways to commit suicide especially in LOS.

Besides, I'd need to be like Shiva: two hands for my TG and two for the bike.

Any other suggestions any one, car or bus this time please.

Small Dick
01-25-08, 20:32
Visiting BKK from 1/2/2008 - 27/2/2008 staying at the Grand President

Anyone wants to go for a beer pm me

SD

Monkey Joe
01-26-08, 07:46
Sure Small Disk, Still don’t know where to stay in BKK, we are considering Majestic Suites, closer to Nana and Cowboys, etc.. Any suggestions?

Small Dick
01-26-08, 18:10
Load up google earth, search for Nana Plaza Bangkok then turn on the hotels bit (goto layers. Places of interest. Lodging) have a look at the hotels around that area

Then open up ISG. Go to the thai. Hotels threads and search on the hotels that you found in google earth.

Also look at the thread. Bangkok. Places to AVOID! And make sure the hotels you find are not listed there LOL

Its really upto you but all depends on price and location, but that isn't much of a worry as taxi's are so cheap compared to UK (and Turkey where I live)

If anyone else wants to go for a beer please PM me, I should be getting my phone unlocked and get a thai SIM, I will be in Thailand for a month of sex sex and more sex

SD

Maggicman
01-27-08, 03:22
Sure Small Disk, Still don’t know where to stay in BKK, we are considering Majestic Suites, closer to Nana and Cowboys, etc.. Any suggestions?I really liked Majestic Grand.Talk about easy walking distance to Nana and BTS.Might be over your budget but well worth it.

Redfield10
01-27-08, 03:42
I will be in BKK Feb. 10th and 11th, then Cambo, then back 15, 16, 17th, leaving late afternoon on the 18th.

Anyone want to meet up for a beer or three and perhaps some sight-seeing?

I'll be staying Soi 6ish.

Fast Eddie 48
01-29-08, 11:58
I was told the rail system to the new airport will be 2009 now maybe that mean they will be avalible another 10 year look how long the new airport got delay maybe now taskin is gone it will be better.

Fast eddie 48

Monkey Joe
01-30-08, 03:11
Have any one stayed in this Hotel?

http://www.everrichinn.com/index.html

Member #3428
01-30-08, 06:13
Have any one stayed in this Hotel?

http://www.everrichinn.com/index.html

There's a bangkok hotel thread in the thailand forum and from I'm told the serach function on ISG works just perfectly. Give it a try some time.

FWIW here's a decent report on the property:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=607672&postcount=3240

Do a full search and you'll find others.

The Skinner
02-05-08, 06:43
I will be in BKK Feb. 10th and 11th, then Cambo, then back 15, 16, 17th, leaving late afternoon on the 18th.

Anyone want to meet up for a beer or three and perhaps some sight-seeing?

I'll be staying Soi 6ish.I think it might have been you I answered on the Cambo forum, but those dates tally close enough to my own. I'd be interested in a bit of sight seeing in PP or BKK.

Bounce Around
02-06-08, 14:27
Hello All,

I shall be in BKK from 19th to 22nd; then to good 'ol China and the mongering scene there. I'm looking forward to this trip, heard a lot, and am starting my RTFF now. Don't know where I'll be staying yet, but will post

I realize the mongering scenes are different, but anyone who has experience with Shenzhen/CP etc scene and also BKK scene can you give me a comparison? My feelings are mongering is more out in the open in BKK, and price is about the same. In SZ one can get LT for +/-500RMB which is about 2100THB

One thing I am looking forward to is the sauna scene, I figure this is better here and consequently pricey, the most expensive sauna I have been to in China is 600-700RMB; and expensive room service in China for about 1100RMB which would be 4800THB

So, I guess I could go for at least one 'A lister at a soapy. Would it be worth it?

I really am looking forward to the change in ethinicity though; Looking forward to getting out some frustrations from way back in college, where I was friends with this 'good' thai girl. She was the tightest, smallest, hottest asian I have ever seen.

Redfield10
02-07-08, 07:33
I think it might have been you I answered on the Cambo forum, but those dates tally close enough to my own. I'd be interested in a bit of sight seeing in PP or BKK.Skiinner,

I can't PM you so how do you expect me to give any details?

You don't accept PM's.

LittleBigMan
02-07-08, 23:05
Bounce Around,

Yes, I know exactly how you feel about sauna in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Mauca. True mens clubs, Hot Jucuzzi, Ice pool, sauna, body scrubs, steam room, the full works along with a 2 hour massage. Truly a 4 hours relaxing event. Something I have really miss not being able to visit for a number of years! I don't even care about the sex!

But sadly as I write this to you I have never been able to find anything remotely close to what I have found in HK, or China in Thailand. I heard of 1 place in BKK, called Navana Spa or something to that effect but lost the website and the address before I could visit. If anyone know of a place in BKK, or Pattaya let us know!

LBM

Mouse1
02-11-08, 14:31
I'll be in BKK on the above dates and again on 7th - 10th March if anyone fancies meeting up for a beer. I'll be staying on Soi 8.
Mouse

The Skinner
02-12-08, 13:21
Skiinner,

I can't PM you so how do you expect me to give any details?

You don't accept PM's.I dunno why that is. But I'm in room 102 at Livingstone's till Friday am, if that's any good.

Fast Eddie 48
02-13-08, 22:23
Hello All,

I shall be in BKK from 19th to 22nd; then to good 'ol China and the mongering scene there. I'm looking forward to this trip, heard a lot, and am starting my RTFF now. Don't know where I'll be staying yet, but will post

I realize the mongering scenes are different, but anyone who has experience with Shenzhen/CP etc scene and also BKK scene can you give me a comparison? My feelings are mongering is more out in the open in BKK, and price is about the same. In SZ one can get LT for +/-500RMB which is about 2100THB

One thing I am looking forward to is the sauna scene, I figure this is better here and consequently pricey, the most expensive sauna I have been to in China is 600-700RMB; and expensive room service in China for about 1100RMB which would be 4800THB

So, I guess I could go for at least one 'A lister at a soapy. Would it be worth it?

I really am looking forward to the change in ethinicity though; Looking forward to getting out some frustrations from way back in college, where I was friends with this 'good' thai girl. She was the tightest, smallest, hottest asian I have ever seen.Bounce around,

I like Shenzhen better than Bangkok I am chinese travel to china 4 time a yr from the US but I also go to Bangkok once or twice a yr for myself I like china better more option and I like chinese girl better gfe but Thai girl is better in bed .

Cost is cheaper in Shenzhen hotel and the food is much better ,I like the bbs girl in shenzhen but I like the soapie and massage in Bangkok but you should give bkk a try and judge for yourself.

Fast eddie 48

Member #3428
02-14-08, 20:10
March 12 or so to March 24, BKK. If any member wants to get a drink let me know.

Amer Tun
02-14-08, 22:39
March 12 or so to March 24, BKK. If any member wants to get a drink let me know.Will be in BKK from march 23 to april 1. Would be nice to meet some ISG-members to have some chit-chat, drinks and fun.

Arrival at 12:05 at airport so plenty of time if you leave march 24.

PM me if OK.

Yours,

Amer Tun.

Nothing Like It
02-18-08, 02:05
Nothing Like It comes out of retirement; making lousy work excuses he has chalked the dates for a rendevouz with the past. LOS!

Dates - 24th Feb to March 4th 2008.

The 5 year imprisonment of monogamy has taken its toll on his skills and he would love to gather all advice he an about what time has brought with it in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Of course the elephant show and sight seeing can be simply ignored. He is more interested in Pussy shows and Service provisions!

In the must do list is :

BKK - Eden, Tulip, Beer garden and a lot of others who fancies his temptations. Fellow mongers.. hotel scene is still confusing; narrowing it down to Majestic Suites or Town Lodge? Living stones is very tempting but I gather it migth create a logistical problem with location?

Pattya - Beach road, walkign street, Secrets, Hell. Need more info here.. how about the hotel? Any recommendations?

Also would like to know some clubs (late night) where some better offerings might be availed:)

Ofcourse, anyone in and around the region then would only be company in the endeavour to make the best of time!

No doubt every experience will be posted for the future reference of fellow monogamously challenged men!:)

Dinghy
02-18-08, 12:53
I'm getting in at 630 AM for a change - anybody know when the first bus out of BKK airport to either Chant or Trat leaves?

I guess I could hop the 551 to On-nut and skytrain to Ekkamai but it seems like a waste of time to go into the city just to right back out the same road southeast.

The trouble with Thai bus schedules from the airport is that they don't seem to be available on the web except for Pattaya. (and even those don't seem to cover all the routes available - only about half of them)

Traveler1234
02-19-08, 02:42
Living stones is very tempting but I gather it migth create a logistical problem with location?

Distances are relative in Bkk and Soi 33 isn't too far from soi cowboy (can walk) and/or Nana. You might want to stay first couple of nights here and then make a switch after you get your bearings.

Etaoin2003
02-19-08, 03:32
nana <----> asoke <----> prom pong

Livingstone's is two blocks toward Asoke from Prom Pong.

In most cities, subway or skytrain stops are close enough together that it's hardly worth going up/down the stairs and buying a ticket if you're only going one stop. BKK is no exception.

Nana to Livingstone's is two stops, which means it's worth climbing the stairs to the skytrain, but if you walk, it's probably good for you. :-)

And a lot safer than this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DB_dEvqMMxc&feature=related

Slower Better
02-19-08, 07:03
Hi all,

Will be in Bangkok this afternoon 2-20 for a week.

Please pm me if anyone is around for a drink/mongering.

Duniawala
02-19-08, 17:46
Distances are relative in Bkk and Soi 33 isn't too far from soi cowboy (can walk) and/or Nana. You might want to stay first couple of nights here and then make a switch after you get your bearings.
Talk for yourself, Trav. I need a taxi ride.:)

Travel Spirit
02-19-08, 20:54
When is exactly the holiday period during the April?

Amocuba
02-23-08, 15:52
I am working on plans to go to Pattaya in a few weeks. Will stay March 16-April 9 (dates are still soft but I think they will work). Hope to get a room at either Sandy Springs, Whitehouse or Dynasty on Soi 13, if they are booked then will try Tropical Berts near Soi 6 on Second Road. Will try to organize a gathering of ISG members if there are a few in town at that time.

www.PattayaFest.com has links to several good hotels as well as a link to a PATTAYA PAGES HOTEL REVIEWS (very helpful, I always add my reviews to their page whether good or bad).

Any ISG members in Pattaya during March or April? Cut/Paste and add your name to the roll call if interested in hooking up.

March-April 2008 ISG/Pattaya Roll Call
AmoCuba Mar 16-Apr 9

DanTheMan
02-24-08, 06:21
I'll be in Pattaya March 13 - March 19. Wouldnt mind meeting up for a drink, perve on some women.

Dan

Amocuba
02-24-08, 15:12
I'll be in Pattaya March 13 - March 19. Wouldnt mind meeting up for a drink, perve on some women.

Dan

Dan, I haven't booked my flight yet as I am out of town and busy with business. I should have my itinerary by the end of the week and will post here. A buddy from another board is meeting me in BKK and depending on our schedules we may spend a couple days in BKK.

March-April 2008 ISG/Pattaya Roll Call
AmoCuba Mar 16-Apr 9
DanTheMan Mar 13-Mar 19

Navic99
02-25-08, 12:54
I'll be in Lamai (staying at the Lamai Wanta) solo for a few days. Then meeting up with my brother in Pattaya for a couple more. If anyone will be in Lamai and wants to grab a drink, shoot the shit, get some girls to play naked twister (yes I brought the game with me for that reason) shoot me a private message.

Mr Enternational
02-26-08, 05:04
I'll arrive in BKK on the night of March 7 and be continuing on to Pattaya the night of March 8 through the night of March 14. Staying at Nana in BKK and Sunshine on Soi 8 in Pattaya.

RetiredForever
02-26-08, 09:36
Leaving Malaysia tomorrow 2/27 for 1 week in Phuket then on to Pattaya from about about 3/5 on until 3/25. If want to catch up send me a PM. Had a great time a few months ago when caught up with 4 other members in Pattaya. Been on the road since November so have a few good stories of good and bad places.
Have not been able to post most since in most places computer time has been a real pain.

Tpl 288
03-05-08, 21:23
I will be in BKK on 14/3 for 2 nights, please PM me if anyone is interested in going for a drink/clubbing/mongering.

Tpl288

Member #3428
03-06-08, 05:10
Trying to get into BKK 3/9... Will be around for two weeks no matter when I get in. Any member around for a drink let me know. GF will be around so not much mongering but we can grab a drink or MP in day or such.

Denkicash
03-08-08, 14:12
Will be in BKK for 4-5 days towards the end of March.

Not worried about the girls side of things, plenty of info here on that, and even without I'd get by.

The 2 other things that my trip will be focused on are buying some good solid suits and getting a good 1 day detox spa session.

Been reading around about suits and am considering http://www.crowntailor.com/ or http://www.dress-for-success.com/ but have noticed good things said on here about http://www.ambassadorfashion.com/
anybody care to venture their opinions? I'm wanting to get 2-3 suits made that will stand up to scrutiny and be appropriate for a 30 year old guy (so maybe not overly conservative).

For detox I've been looking at:

http://www.bangkokdetox.com/price.html
http://www.rasayanaretreat.com/cleansing-package.htm

Are they worth their asking prices?

Also I want to get a bloody good make-over, the kind where you just tell some skilled ladies to make you look good, and they do it without needing any guidance (and then go to dinner with you afterwards lol). I want this to include some waxing as well as a hair cut and maybe dye. This I haven't looked into yet, and suggestions appreciated.

Amocuba
03-08-08, 16:25
My dates are set. I get into BKK on Thursday night, March 13. Hope to be at Nana by midnight if all goes well (my flight lands at 9 p.m.).

PM me if interested in hooking up for a drink.

Andre Cuipers
03-08-08, 19:21
This summer I travel amongst others in Thailand (also Philippines and Laos )

What I look for is Cities with Bikini clubs in which they give a little show (like Soi Cowboy in BK and Walkingstreet in Pattaya) in Thailand. Besides BK and Pattaya I dont know cities wth that (Hua Hin the girls were to ugly to have shows a mamasan told me there...)

Second thing is what I like in a City is something like a ST low key mamasan thing (in Cambodia they will call it a chickenfarm). Can those be found in Thailand?

Thanks for all

Andre Cuipers, Netherlands

Mackin
03-13-08, 21:34
Had a great time last November and will be returning March 27 to April 10 to stay the lodge. I have read the forum and feel fairly well versed on the activities and the locations.At least for someone on their second visit. Those who feel like getting together for a beer can PM me. Otherwise enjoy you time in LOS.

Mackin

Felly
03-13-08, 23:47
Been reading around about suits and am considering http://www.crowntailor.com/ or http://www.dress-for-success.com/ but have noticed good things said on here about http://www.ambassadorfashion.com/

anybody care to venture their opinions? I'm wanting to get 2-3 suits made that will stand up to scrutiny and be appropriate for a 30 year old guy (so maybe not overly conservative).The suit I had made from ambassador fashion fell apart pretty quickly, and the material wasn't too good either. Which was my fault for picking it I know. Like the ambassador hotel, I wouldn't go back.

Denkicash
03-17-08, 14:34
The suit I had made from ambassador fashion fell apart pretty quickly, and the material wasn't too good either. Which was my fault for picking it I know. Like the ambassador hotel, I wouldn't go back.Cheers

That seem to be one to cross off my list.

Dinghy
03-18-08, 18:52
yeah, that's the problem with many of the tailors in BKK and surrounding environs - the suit LOOKS GOOD a few times.

For some of them, it's good to buy a suit and then keep it just to look in when being BURIED :(

Bluegreen
03-18-08, 23:56
Hello brothers,

Through a bit of good fortune I'll be back in LOS in April, and have just noticed that I get to enjoy the hottest part of the year and Songkran.

I'm curious to know, is it a dry heat or does it still rain on and off? What sort of things do the bars get up to (are we talking water fights / great shows)? Do prices go up because it's a holiday period? Or is it noticeably quieter, being outside of the peak season?

And I've been to Pattaya/Jomtien/Koh Samet before and wasn't planning to go again, but will I be missing out on anything beach-wise over the holiday period?

Having tripped & stumbled through almost all the mistakes an LOS newbie can make last year (Sep/Oct) I am really looking forward to having a bit more experience behind me, and hopefully having another fun & more relaxed time.

Lover Boy #2
03-19-08, 08:33
hello brothers,

through a bit of good fortune i'll be back in los in april, and have just noticed that i get to enjoy the hottest part of the year and songkran.

i'm curious to know, is it a dry heat or does it still rain on and off? what sort of things do the bars get up to (are we talking water fights / great shows)? do prices go up because it's a holiday period? or is it noticeably quieter, being outside of the peak season?

and i've been to pattaya/jomtien/koh samet before and wasn't planning to go again, but will i be missing out on anything beach-wise over the holiday period?

having tripped & stumbled through almost all the mistakes an los newbie can make last year (sep/oct) i am really looking forward to having a bit more experience behind me, and hopefully having another fun & more relaxed time.

pattaya can be a water nightmare if you don't enjoy [CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118) and talc. it is humid...approaching may....which has the second highest rainfall (only topped by the end of the rainy season). bkk will have less of a water issue and a shorter version....as do most other places...other than pattaya. my understanding is that hua hin is less humid and has less rainfall during this period of time.

Takamine1
03-20-08, 01:14
Dear all,

After one year of trouble and strife I'll be back in August to have some fun. Would be very grateful for information regarding guesthouses in the Chatuchak area.

Thanks in advance

Taka

Stiffoak 571
03-22-08, 16:19
Going to get the bus to get the train to get the tube to get to Heathrow

On 21. 35 Thai flight

Then hopefully by 5pm BKK time on Sunday I will have arrived at Livingstones

Let the fun begin!

Mackin
03-22-08, 18:33
Will be arriving at the lodge late Wed early Thursday. The good times will begin. If you want to spread a few lies and have a beer look me up at Livingstones.

Mackin

My Kapitan
03-23-08, 09:24
Phuket April 5th to 10th then one night at Livingstones Lodge on 10th before heading for Dubai for a few days.
Will be accompanied by my Miss O (not a problem as she has no objections to me picking up girls for our mutual entertainment). Open to offers of free drinks from fellow mongers! Joking I always pay my way ;)

MK

Scatlover
04-01-08, 15:54
Will be around from the 25th April till the evening of 5th May.
I'll stay at the Mandarin Oriental...

Cheers

Amocuba
04-02-08, 07:04
A buddy (from another board) and I are leaving for BKK in a couple hours from Pattaya. Any ISG members in BKK can find me tomorrow (Thursday night) for a drink at Nana Hotel bar maybe around 8pm. I will where my Cuba baseball jersey so I should be easy to spot (I am also bald but so are many farangs). Let's hook up for a drink and to check out the N.H. parking lot action. Staying at the Dynasty Inn just a few doors down from N.E.P.

Anyone interested?

DriftKing
04-03-08, 07:49
In BKK now. Any one want to catch up for drink. Just PM me.

Rite now. In BKK for work alone. But have a few days off. To see the place.

Staying in Soi8 Sukinwith (think thats how you spell it) area.

Staying till 8th.

Any gd place for sight seeting in Thailand?

ThaiLearner
04-13-08, 10:38
Hi

I will arrive on Phuket on the 010608 then off to Patts until the 180608.

If anyone faces a drink would be glad to meet up.

Regards

Mark

Jayleesf
04-22-08, 09:06
Ipm,

I will get to BKK on the 23rd. Are you leaving the 23rd or 24th for Manila? If 24th, would love to meet for drinks.

Actually, I think I met you at Oase last summer (mid July) when we were talking in the outdoor whirlpool. I didn't really use this site much before but thinking back, it must have been you based on the reports you wrote.

Anyway, I will be in Thailand from May 23 to June 6 or 7. In BKK for 4-5 days, then my plans are open. Was thinking of going to Pattaya instead of Phuket. Also considering Philippines but have not investigated flights/hotel/city yet.

JL

I have now changed and confirmed the plans for my upcoming trip to Thailand and the Philippines.

I will be arriving in Bangkok on May 19th and staying 4 nights before heading off on my maiden trip to the Philippines, 1 night Manila and 6 in Cebu, back in Bangkok for 1 night before heading down to Phuket on May 31st for 6 nights and then ending up with another 4 nights in Bangkok.

Will there be any other hobbyists in the area who might like to hook up for a drink.

Regards,

IPM

Mouse1
04-22-08, 11:06
I'll be in BKK from 24th April to 1st May. Most likely to be with gf, but if anyone fancies meeting for a beer would be happy to meet up. Staying in Soi 2.

Intel Design
04-22-08, 12:47
Hello everyone,

First post under a new handle as I've been away for a while. I will be arriving in Pattaya on May 18 (my virgin trip to the LOS) and will be there for about four or five days. Anyone want to meet up for a drink, feel free to buzz me.

Peace

Intel Design

ThaiLearner
04-22-08, 18:54
I have now changed and confirmed the plans for my upcoming trip to Thailand and the Philippines.

I will be arriving in Bangkok on May 19th and staying 4 nights before heading off on my maiden trip to the Philippines, 1 night Manila and 6 in Cebu, back in Bangkok for 1 night before heading down to Phuket on May 31st for 6 nights and then ending up with another 4 nights in Bangkok.

Will there be any other hobbyists in the area who might like to hook up for a drink.

Regards,

IPM

HI IPM

Will be in Patong beach from the night of the 1st June 2008 for 3 nights .

Would be great to meet for a beer.

AliasDonkey
04-23-08, 07:12
Any gd place for sight seeting in Thailand?

well one of the other monger suggested tours with tong ... but i think your suggesting sights with feline names... LOL

Capn Spudz
04-30-08, 03:29
Hey folks,

Ben awhile since I posted, last year's advice on China was spot on. This time I'm heading to Thailand sort of at the last minute for business. Antway, a friend of mine told me about a place called "Texas massage" in Chinatown. Is that place any good? Also, I lurked in the forums and read a post that I now cannot find. It went something like: "The girls are divided with a line down the middle one side is for anal and the other is for girls that don't do anal. " Can someone help me out here? My company has me in Chinatown. Any help would be great guys.

Member #3428
04-30-08, 07:11
Hey folks,

Ben awhile since I posted, last year's advice on China was spot on. This time I'm heading to Thailand sort of at the last minute for business. Antway, a friend of mine told me about a place called "Texas massage" in Chinatown. Is that place any good? Also, I lurked in the forums and read a post that I now cannot find. It went something like: "The girls are divided with a line down the middle one side is for anal and the other is for girls that don't do anal. " Can someone help me out here? My company has me in Chinatown. Any help would be great guys.

Eden.... search for Eden.... two girl minimum

NicFrenchy
04-30-08, 07:34
also, i lurked in the forums and read a post that i now cannot find. it went something like: "the girls are divided with a line down the middle one side is for anal and the other is for girls that don't do anal. " can someone help me out here? my company has me in chinatown. any help would be great guys.

below is the m.o. of the place. enjoy

1) the menu of the eden club;
2) some frequently asked questions (faqs) ;
3) tips and explanations from an experienced eden customer.

1) eden club menu

the eden club is not for everybody.

we are a club specialized in sessions for one man with two or more ladies. if you want something else, then you should probably look elsewhere. we are not a drinking bar, a go-go bar or a massage parlor. everybody is welcome the first time to have a drink and to get to know the concept. we do ask that you pay a second visit only if you are in the mood for pleasure. if things are busy, then feel free to enjoy a drink and wait in the club. however, we are not interested in 50 or more guys just sitting and drinking in so few square meters.

we are located on sukhumvit soi 7/1
between soi 7 and soi 9
open from 12.30 pm to midnight (last call)

about the menu
one man with two or more ladies
if unsatisfied with the service, no charge.

special fantasies ? let us know
all ladies are bisexual, (vibrator and strap-on dildo).
just show the ladies what you like.
left side of the yellow line: anal sex.
all the ladies provide oral sex.

vip members always have priority

a standard session is 90 minutes, but it is possible to extend session in 90-minute increments.

the cost per lady per session: is 1800 bht

take away (10 pm to 6 am) : 3000 bht per lady
full day : 7000 bht per lady

everything included

you can choose two ladies yourself, but it‚s even better for you to choose one, and let the lady choose the other.
uniforms (i.e., costumes) on request
visa, mastercard, amex (no extra charge for using a credit card)
first timers are welcome just for a drink, but keep in mind:.
you are here for pleasure, not for drinking

about services

xxx means every lady will provide this service

services that you would like to perform with the ladies :
oral sex bare xxx
cum on face xxx rimming xxx
uniform play xxx
cum in mouth xxx
vaginal sex (with condom) xxx
vaginal fingering xxx
lesbian performance xxx
anal sex (with condom)
anal fingering
spanking
light bondage
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) on body
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) in mouth
foot worship

services you want the ladies to perform on you :

bare back blowjob (bbbj) xxx
rimming xxx
use toys (strap-on, dildos,,etc... ) xxx
cum sharing xxx
anal fingering xxx
spanking
light bondage
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) on body
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) in mouth
deep throat
foot worship

about medical check-ups

all the ladies are tested each month for hiv and syphillis and each week for other stds.
all the medical certificates can be seen anytime in the club

about pictures

sorry but the agreement with the ladies is no pictures on the internet.
no more sex pictures will be allowed since some customers sold them to web sites.
the ladies have a right to privacy and i respect that.

about long time

since the 1st of march 2002 the ladies goes long time only starting 10pm to 6am at 3000 b as usual
it may be some exception but only if the ladies agree to go
in this case the price will be 7000b so the ladies won't be losing too much money if they have to go outside early day time or many days

about vip membership

20.000 baht

valid six months if living in bangkok
one year if outside bangkok
covers the service of10 ladies anytime you want
15% discount on customers‚ drinks

as long as you have space remaining on your card:
priority on choice of ladies
priority on choice of rooms

hoping you found all your answers

2) frequently asked questions

what is the best time to visit the eden club?
you'll have the widest choice of ladies if you're there around 12.40 p.m., (1240 hours bkk time), but the service will be the same whatever time you visit the club.

what is the eden club policy on tipping?
tips are always appreciated but never requested.

is it possible to have a session with just one lady?
the in-house sessions at eden club are two (or more) ladies with one man. for take away sessions, it's no problem to select just one lady.

can i bring a lady from the outside to participate in an eden session? is there an extra charge?
women are considered guests of the eden club and there is no extra charge for their participation.

after an overnight session, can a lady remain with me past 6.00 a.m?
that's entirely up to the lady. keep in mind that she has only a few hours in which to go home,and then return to the eden club by 1:00 p.m. she may have family or other obligations that prevent her from remaining past 6.00 a.m.

suppose i want a very special session or a service that not all ladies provide. how do i arrange that?
speak with a member of the eden management about your wishes before choosing your ladies. that way, you'll be sure that the ladies you select are willing to provide the services you want.

3) to give you a better idea of what we are :

about 24 hours after i left lax, i find myself turning the corner onto soi 7/1.

the club is much busier than i ever remember. all week long, people coming and going--i spent an enormous amount of time at the club and there was never a day or an hour that seemed to slow down i think the continual word of mouth over the years has finally had a noticeable affect. there were guys from everywhere... europe, singapore, australia, the states, japan...everywhere. all in all, it seemed extremely busy, much more so than i anticipated.

with that being said, timing is everything. eden has several absolutely beautiful girls who work there that are nearly impossible to snatch, unless you buy a vip membership. both yeng (17) and pla (33) are absolutely gorgeous young girls--- strikingly beautiful faces and killer bodies. in my opinion, these the two most attractive girls in the club, and could easily work in places like poseidon or mirage. nok (20) is another remarkably cute girl with a deadly round ass. details on my experience with them will follow later....

there are several other girls who rank near the top, whom i will mention later. the point that i want to make, though, is that these girls are continuously busy. you rarely see them, unless, by luck, you happen to stroll in when they happen to be walking their customers to the door. sitting at the bar for only one drink gives you a very small window of opportunity to even notice them. if you visit eden once, twice or three trips in a year, and spend half an hour sitting at the bar making your decision, odds are you probably won't even know they exist. the club is busy 10 hours a day, and you've got a 30 minute window to see who's available......it's just timing and luck.

more than likely, you see the rest of the girls. the second-string. the girls who haven't been picked, and have no vip waiting for them. the majority of the girls at eden are completely average, with a handful that are not attractive at all. if you're a newbie, walking into eden in the middle of some random afternoon, there is a very good chance you're going to be confronted by an average selection of girls. perhaps by chance or luck, you'll stumble in front of one of the incredibly popular, truly gorgeous and cute girls--there are many of them. but probably not. they're probably upstairs wiggling their beautiful, round, perky asses in some vip's face, such as my own.

here's another thing to consider: each guy that pays for a session is taking at least two girls with him, removing them from the line-up. if there are at least four or five sessions going on at any one point during the day, then consider that there are at least 8-12 girls always missing from the line-up. and chances are, it's going to be the 8-12 best looking girls at that particular time.

it's all timing. the best time is 12:30 noon. but even that is no guarantee, as there are five other guys with the same early-bird strategy. i'm totally convinced that this place has gotten too busy for it's small size. having watched this entire scene for a week, i think i finally figured it out and can understand how eden gets criticized for having average girls. timing....it's all timing.

true, there's lots of average girls at eden. but there are also many hotties, as well--just like any club in bangkok. i walked into countless clubs in all the famous spots, and was continually confronted by average girls. then, randomly, some total hottie with deadly body walks by. it's luck and chance. except at eden, your window of opportunity is much smaller because of the one drink policy.

the one drink policy: i don't like it at all, but it absolutely has to be that way! trust me. even with that policy in effect, the bar was constantly crowded. as i said, guys were coming and g oing, three, four and five at a time. if everyone stayed and drank for awhile, the bar would over-flow out the front door. unfortunately, with its small size, that policy has to be in place or it would become unmanageable. from a purely economical stand, i'm sure marc would love to sell you many drinks and make even more money----it's just too small of a place to become a real bar. and as i said, the place is fucking busy. much busier than i remember from the past. there were many, many times when there were no seats available at the bar. if you haven't been there in a year or so, you'd be quite shocked.

so those are some details which some of you may find boring, hopefully others will find it informative. i was trying to address a few of the more popular topics which continually surface in this thread. now that i got a few of the technical things out of the way....

there is a reason why so many men from all corners of the planet are passionate eden fans, completely awe-struck by the eden experience. it's the fucking outrageously hot, and kinky, and perverted, and porno-style sex that's available if you choose. that's what separates eden from any other club that i've been to. there are a million clubs to drink at, sitting idly at, watch girls dance and gyrate to the rhythm of the pounding music. a million of them, and i love them as well. on the other hand, there are very, very few clubs that provide the outrageously wild sex that's available at eden. the level of service is, in my opinion, unmatched anywhere in bangkok

Capn Spudz
05-01-08, 03:34
Below is the M.O. of the Place. Enjoy

1) The menu of the Eden Club;
2) Some frequently asked questions (FAQs) ;
3) Tips and explanations from an experienced Eden customer.
<SNIP>
1) Eden Club Menu

[/i]Thanks for the help. How do the cabs work there is it ok to just grab one at the airport or should I hoof it a little to get a better price?

Capn Spudz
05-01-08, 03:42
Eden.... search for Eden.... two girl minimumAwesome. Anyone hear of this Texas place? Is it worth anything? My buddy said it was about 1500 baht FS. Any advice for a first timer in the chinatown area? I'm not exactly a cheap charlie but 1500 seems a little high.

Mark17
05-06-08, 06:31
Will be back in town May 17-22, have some business during the days on M, T, W, and have some things lined up with past aquaintences.

But I am looking to find another mongerer, that is up to finding a girl for a M F M session. To be clear, I am not bi, and not into any MM stuff. But I did this once and it was fun.

Have to be willing to share any cost involved.

PM me if interested.

Firefly
05-06-08, 22:22
Firstly applogise as i have never really add any reports but the reports here have helped me imensley in the past. Thank you all. I have booked my travel to BKK from 31st May to 7th June and have not been there for 20 years. I have booked the Majestics Suites my question is would anybody like to hook up and hang out. They always say you hunt better in Packs. Were's the best place for independant ladies of the night.

Tstring
05-09-08, 17:45
Firstly applogise as i have never really add any reports but the reports here have helped me imensley in the past. Thank you all. I have booked my travel to BKK from 31st May to 7th June and have not been there for 20 years. I have booked the Majestics Suites my question is would anybody like to hook up and hang out. They always say you hunt better in Packs. Were's the best place for independant ladies of the night.I'll be there during the same time period and hanging out with you would give me a good exuse to get away from the gf. It will only be my second time there but I think I can point you in the right direction for some independent ladies.

NicFrenchy
05-10-08, 00:22
would anybody like to hook up and hang out. They always say you hunt better in Packs. Were's the best place for independant ladies of the night.

Go have a drink at Livingstones on Soi 33, It's Giotto's place and there are always ISG senior (or Junior) members hanging around there ;)

Bronx Prowler
05-11-08, 17:03
Will anyone be around? this is my first trip and I would like monger with another ISG member.

Thanks

Coitus68
05-13-08, 12:37
Sorry about the vagueness of what I'm about to write. I've only been to Thailand once, and that was more than three years ago, so the details are a little fuzzy. I spent most of my time on Koh Samet and only ventured into Bangkok for Songkran (sp?).

Anyhoo...

I stayed at the Grace Hotel (I believe) and visited one particular bar off the main road (is that Sukhumvit?) where you chose a girl, and she chose a second one for a threesome. The bar was on a side street off the main road (same side of the street as Grace; opposite side of the street from Nana), the side street was (maybe) across the street from a subway/L-train station(??). Or it may have been an outdoor restaurant with a bookstore on the inside. The bookstore/restaurant was definitely in the area if it wasn't right across the street (under the train overpass).

Well... that sounds perfectly dumb now that I've typed it out. Memory is the first thing to go when you have Alzheimer's I guess. I can't be any more descriptive than that. But if anyone can recognize the area from what I've tried to describe, and knows the bar I'm talking about, please post the name of the place. I'll be hitting Bangkok sometime soon and will be staying in the same area, and wouldn't mind hitting the same place. It was 15 minutes walk from the Grace.

Scatlover
05-13-08, 18:51
Maybe interesting for some of you guys:

Economy-Class Summer Special

"BUY ONE - GET ONE FREE"

Two persons (adults) have to travel together on the whole trip!
Travelperiod: 08.05. - 20.06.2008 (last flight to Thailand)
Minimum stay five days and maximum one month.
Bookingclass: W

Offer valid on Thai metal only! Flights ex Frankfurt or Munich.

Bangkok
409€ (C: 2109€) (F: 3549€)

Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai/Hae Hong Son/Hat Yai/Phuket/Krabi/Khon Kaen/Phitsanulok/Muang
Ubon/Surat Thani/Udon Thani
439€ (C: 2229€) (F: 3659€)

Koh Samui
549€ (C: 2329€) (F: 3759€)

Displayed prices excl. taxes! Taxes should be around 250€.

Got this from a german TA, maybe they also have this offer for other countries.
Sorry for spaming...

NicFrenchy
05-14-08, 00:09
I stayed at the Grace Hotel (I believe) and visited one particular bar off the main road (is that Sukhumvit?) where you chose a girl, and she chose a second one for a threesome.

That's the EDEN CLUB, sukhumvit Soi 7/1. Run a search and a lot of great posts will pop up

Etaoin2003
05-14-08, 01:20
Firstly applogise as i have never really add any reports but the reports here have helped me imensley in the past. Thank you all. I have booked my travel to BKK from 31st May to 7th June and have not been there for 20 years. I have booked the Majestics Suites my question is would anybody like to hook up and hang out. They always say you hunt better in Packs. Were's the best place for independant ladies of the night.

I'm not inclined to hunt in packs.

But the second part of your question was "the best place for independent ladies of the night."

Exit your hotel, turn right, walk down to the skywalk, cross over to the north side of Sukhumvit, and head up Soi 7 to the Biergarten.

Coitus68
05-14-08, 07:55
That's the EDEN CLUB, sukhumvit Soi 7/1. Run a search and a lot of great posts will pop upThat's the one! I'm glad someone was able to decipher my insane directionality.

Thanks! Much appreciated! Now I have something to do between shopping at Phanthip and MBK.

Fun Dog
05-17-08, 18:32
Dear Guys,

I have been told Mon 19 May is a dry night and some clubs will be closed. I am not sure if this is true, if so you only have Sun to make all your appointments.

Cheers

FD

Neufie
05-18-08, 19:22
Go have a drink at Livingstones on Soi 33, It's Giotto's place and there are always ISG senior (or Junior) members hanging around there ;)Possibly the fastest way of getting acquainted if first time there. Normally a few ISG around, and can direct, advise in person. I get this not from being there so often, but doing the same myelf the last time.

Regards.

Belmont
05-24-08, 04:50
Will be in town from May 26 till June 14! Ye Ha! Laid off of work = party time!
Anyone in town that would like to troll the bar seen in Pattaya PM me.
Met up w/ 5 others last time in November last year, had great time.
See ya soon!
Belmont

Wadzilla
05-29-08, 19:44
Hitting BKK/Phuket to give the ladies some company during the rains.

Anybody upto getting a beer and the usual shenanigans let me know.

Khob khun!

Rockabilly77
06-04-08, 02:14
Heading over tomorow, going, to China first and will arrive in phuket on the 9th. Its been awhile since I've been in phuket last (2years). I'm there for 6 days and stay in patong. Anyone wanna meet for a few drink let me know.

Member #3428
06-04-08, 20:17
June 15 to June 24
&
July 4 to July 16 (Maybe extend to July 28)
&
mid Aug (unsure exact arrival) to Sept 7th...

Damn... just hate spending so much time in LOS ;) I am in BKK often and not new to it at all, but if anyone wants a drink let me know via PM.

Olap2008
06-07-08, 13:39
July 4 - July 12 BKK Nana Plaza
July 12 - July 22 Phuket Patong Beach
July 22 - Aug 2 BKK Nana

Anybody wants to hook up?
My 10th trip in 8 years

Weatherman
06-07-08, 21:24
In BKK Jul 11 to 15 and Pattaya July 16 and 17th.

Probably LL in BKK but don't know where in Pattaya yet.

Been RTTF quite a bit and putting together a list of must do's. I must thank Mick Licker, Giotto, Duniawala, Evil Penivel and others for their fine reports. Based on Evil's reports, Eden and Hell clubs are definitely on my list.

Looking forward to meeting any of the LL regulars while I am there.

Looks like my trip will overlap Transak KTV so we must share a beer.

I should PM's activated in a few days.

Member #3428
06-07-08, 22:32
Looks like my trip will overlap Transak KTV so we must share a beer.

Yes I'll be there but might be in Koh Samuai or Issan during part of this. You can reach me through LL or PM me for my cell.

Member #3428
06-07-08, 22:33
July 4 - July 12 BKK Nana Plaza
July 12 - July 22 Phuket Patong Beach
July 22 - Aug 2 BKK Nana

Anybody wants to hook up?
My 10th trip in 8 years

A few of us look to be around the same time, PM me for contacts if you want a hook up.

M P Lurker
06-08-08, 08:42
A few of us look to be around the same time, PM me for contacts if you want a hook up.
I should be around end of July and early August.

Member #3428
06-08-08, 16:57
I should be around end of July and early August.

Early July and end of Aug Mick... oh well.

Traveler1234
06-10-08, 17:45
June 15 to June 24

Made tentative booking for June 22/23 at our regular meeting place. Will email you if this actually becomes a reality ;)

Lemon Tree
06-10-08, 19:23
Gentlemen,

I will ride with my motorbike from Pattaya to the Golden Triangle in August this year. The way isn’t the problem. Well known. BUT
I am looking for good (real good) Hotels on the way.
First overnight stop should be after Bangkok.
Route: Ayudhya – Sukhothai – Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai

Can anyone give me advice?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Lemon Tree (and his C-cup airbags, who will accompany me on the sissy bar)

NakedFunGuy36
06-16-08, 21:18
Hello to all,

Can anyone please advise me if it is legal or illegal to bring sex toys into Thailand? I am talking about simple toys like dildos and party items like cock balloons. Things like that. Nothing with nudity on it.

Any advice?

M P Lurker
06-17-08, 03:29
Hello to all,

Can anyone please advise me if it is legal or illegal to bring sex toys into Thailand? I am talking about simple toys like dildos and party items like cock balloons. Things like that. Nothing with nudity on it.

Any advice?
To be honest I have never heard of a cock balloon (I have heard of Piper's rings). My education must be sadly lacking.
My experience is limited to sex toys for ladies.
For me the ultimate sex toys are real pussy and lovely soft massage of the balls using tits.

Thailand seems to have a shortage of sex toys for the ladies. Perhaps dildos are considered too pornographic if realistic. Maybe the Thai men are worried about being replaced entirely by machines that can be trusted not to stray or pick up HIV.

My GF likes regular orgasms when I am away for a while so she appreciates the assist of a really powerful vibe.

However I am a frequenct importer of ladies vibrators and some are in form of a dildo.
I think ladies will prefer vibrating varieties or strap-ons over dildos that do nothing.

NakedFunGuy36
06-17-08, 21:30
Sry to confuse you with the cock balloons. They are just regular balloons in the shape of a cock that can be used for the pussy dart shows. I was wanting to bring over a double headed dildo for a couple of gals so I could sit back and enjoy the show in my room and maybe something a little less Like a real cock for another lady I know. By the way I will be going back over on the 3rd of July Arrive the night of the 4th. Staying for only 8 days. This is my 3rd trip this year. Probly the last until next year or I win the lotto first. Party on all.

Cplng
06-21-08, 20:20
Going for a trip to BKK on 17-20th July with gf.

Been hearing so much about "Tiger shows" (female anatomy tricks) and "live sex shows".

Would appreciate any pm on where to watch these shows.
Thanks.

Appreciate advise on scams as well.

Ny Desiman
06-22-08, 20:29
I will be visiting Bangkok next month. Plan to stay for a week or so. After that onto another place.

I would like to keep my one of the two luggages at a locker in the Airport and take the carry on with me in the hotel. This will save me a lot of hassle.

Can anyone tell me whether locker service is available in the Bangkok International Airport?

Terry Terrier
06-22-08, 22:10
I will be visiting Bangkok next month. Plan to stay for a week or so. After that onto another place.

I would like to keep my one of the two luggages at a locker in the Airport and take the carry on with me in the hotel. This will save me a lot of hassle.

Can anyone tell me whether locker service is available in the Bangkok International Airport?

Yes, it is.

Dinghy
06-23-08, 02:28
lockers - sort of - they have a "left luggage" facility on the 2nd floor (I think it's second) 100B/day per bag. It'd down toward the "Thai Airlines" end of the terminal (east side I think - I never know exactly what direction I'm going in there except that it's in the direction of where the cars come INTO the terminal) Just ask the guys in the uniforms - they will tell you where

AllenFlUSA
06-23-08, 03:22
I have used the airport lockers (Left Luggage) on many occasions, especially when traveling to several countries, with Thailand being the hub.

Another option, however, which I will use again this fall, is to leave your bags in storage at the hotel. I have done this at both the Grand President and Majestic Suites, at no charge. They store while you are traveling, then you claim when you return to the hotel.

Ny Desiman
06-23-08, 15:53
Thanks Terri Terrier, Dinghy and Allenflusa for your responses.

I would rather leave luggage at a locker in the Airport if that service is available. That way I don't have to bother even carrying them to the hotel.

Fedex
06-25-08, 02:20
Hello brothers,

Haven't ventured outside of the US in a couple of years (my last ISG reports were in May 2006 after a 2 week trip to Prague, Tel Aviv and Amsterdam), but I am turning 50 in mid November and decided that I must visit Thailand before my birthday...

Due to an SO situation, I will be getting a cover story from my boss (I usually don't travel on business, but in this case "the company will need me there...").

Also due to other obligations, my timing is very rigid - can't leave before Nov 1 and have to be back on Nov. 11. My China Airlines flight (didn't buy the ticket yet) will depart LA on Nov. 1 and arrive BKK via Taipei around 1:00am on Nov. 3 - that's the cheapest flight available and I am a low budget monger / punter...

I am overwhelmed by the amount of material that is available here... Just amazing! Kudos to all the contributors!

I plan to spend 24 - 48 hours in BKK and then head to Pattaya for the rest of the vacation.

Would love to find a partner in crime for that time.

Any help in any area would be highly appreciated!

As we say in California:
May your shaft stay hard and your balls hang low!

Peace,
Fedex

Cheap Meat
06-30-08, 02:58
Well hidden, FAR away from where the bargirls live, Fort Knox level security, yet low cost. Obviously I don't want to any have tingtong bargirls coming after me. I already have enough monkeys after me in Cambodia. So, anybody know a place that fits the bill?

Mouse1
07-02-08, 18:29
Does anybody have any experience of traveling from India to Bangkok?
I will be visiting India on business in August/September and would like to finish with a few days' break in LOS. I will probably be able to organise my itinerary to finish at any city.
The cheapest flight I have found is Jet Air at about £300 for Mumbai to BKK. Does anybody know of anything cheaper? I have heard enough horror stories about Air India to put me off flying with them.
All suggestions gratefully received.

Tall Tom
07-02-08, 21:25

I will be visiting India on business in August/September and would like to finish with a few days' break in LOS. I will probably be able to organise my itinerary to finish at any city.

The cheapest flight I have found is Jet Air at about £300 for Mumbai to BKK. Does anybody know of anything cheaper? I have heard enough horror stories about Air India to put me off flying with them.

All suggestions gratefully received.Air India is a horror story! Avoid if at all possible. Same for Indian Airlines. I have had very good luck with Jet Air domestically in India; new equipment, and good service. They recently took delivery of a couple of B777 and I think they fly to London and NYC now.

I have also used Thai Air, BKK-Mumbai and/or Delhi. Good also.

Yes, I owe you a PM.

Weatherman
07-03-08, 02:27
I'm doing the same this month. The cost was $503 for non-stop round trip from Bangalore to Bangkok. Although the flight was booked on Air-India the flight is actually a code shared Thai Airlines flight. Interestingly enough, the same flight booked on Thai Air was over $1100. I think the ones from Mumbai are also Thai Air that are code shared by Air India.

Weatherman
07-03-08, 02:37
I'm making my first trip the LOS this month. I'll be in Bangkon from July 11th to the 15th and Pattaya on the 16th and 17th. I'm staying at Livingstones lodge in Bangkok and still need to find a good place in Pattaya. I'm open to suggestions for the Pattaya hotel. Would also be glad to shares some beers with forum members in either city. My PM's finally enabled so you can PM me with suggestions.

Mouse1
07-03-08, 09:13
Yes, I owe you a PM.Ha ha! I was just thinking I owed you an update!

Duniawala
07-03-08, 14:47
I'm doing the same this month. The cost was $503 for non-stop round trip from Bangalore to Bangkok. Although the flight was booked on Air-India the flight is actually a code shared Thai Airlines flight. Interestingly enough, the same flight booked on Thai Air was over $1100. I think the ones from Mumbai are also Thai Air that are code shared by Air India.
I don't who gave you the $1100 price. I just checked on Thai website and was given a fare of $552.00

ThaiLearner
07-03-08, 21:31
I'm making my first trip the LOS this month. I'll be in Bangkon from July 11th to the 15th and Pattaya on the 16th and 17th. I'm staying at Livingstones lodge in Bangkok and still need to find a good place in Pattaya. I'm open to suggestions for the Pattaya hotel. Would also be glad to shares some beers with forum members in either city. My PM's finally enabled so you can PM me with suggestions.

There are some good options in the Pattaya hotel thread section

Dinghy
07-03-08, 22:16
If you think BKK traffic was bad from having the royal family moving about just wait until the 'Murcan head fucking arse-licker comes to town (sometime in late July or early August- he's supposed to make an appearance in Beijing for the opening of the Olympics)

Look for GRIDLOCK between the airport and where ever that cocksucker goes. (hopefully he will go in/out of DonMuang)

As you can guess, he's not exactly on my "most favorite people list"

NetDynamic
07-04-08, 03:49
Think I just posted in the wrong forum..

Guys, I am RTFF (now on about page 80) reading back :) but need to get sorted for tomorrow (Sat 5th) Will be in town for one night and free from about 7pm..

Looking for a top quality girl, very pretty etc - any recommendations on where to go, best chance etc, Cost not worried about except not going to waste money on average looking girls..

Or if anyone is free tomorrow night and fancies a beer then PM me - we can then wander together

Cheers,

NetD

M P Lurker
07-04-08, 04:15
... just wait until the 'Murcan head fucking arse-licker comes to town (sometime in late July or early August- he's supposed to make an appearance in Beijing for the opening of the Olympics)

Sorry, can you translate to English for me.
Are you referring to some-one "well known" throughout the world, or do I suffer from being an Aussie?
An internet search for "arse-licker" didn't bring up anyone particularly useful :) A search for Murcan brought up "Jack Rosenthal" who I have never heard of.
Looks like "Murcan" is a lazy way to say "American"?
Am I getting warm or not at all?

I am only concerned since I will be going to BKK in late Jul early Aug. Otherwise I might have ignored the warning.

No, whoops I am finally starting to wake up.
"SHRUB" = 'Bush'.
Surely no one will want to see/meet him but I guess the security will be big nuisance.

Sorry I was never good at Chryptic cross-words (as you can tell).

Weatherman
07-04-08, 05:01
It was on Orbitz. Sure shows the benefit of shopping around. Orbitz wasn't even listing the flight as available for Air India any longer. I had tried to book through them about a month ago. A quick call to Air India to check on my missing reservation netted me the flight at the more reasonable price listed on the Air India site.

I don't who gave you the $1100 price. I just checked on Thai website and was given a fare of $552.00

Dinghy
07-07-08, 16:22
BKK-BLR return on Thai was about $800 on Thaiair website this AM (17500 flight, 8500 taxes more or less)

Interestingly enough - the total INR price originating in BLR was roughly the same and $625 or so

Sonic Bam
07-07-08, 19:52
Look for GRIDLOCK between the airport and where ever that cocksucker goes. (hopefully he will go in/out of DonMuang)

He totally screwed up Heathrow for 2 days when he visited the UK in June. Refused to fly into a military air base or alternate civil airfield. Would not fly standard approach patterns. Arrival or departure time not passed to airlines so they could adjust. Non-standard approach and not advertising schedules are fair enough for security reasons but why insist on Heathrow? Arrogance springs to mind but that's just my opinion.

Traffic (air) halted for 2 hours on arrival and departure, knock on disruption for two days. Heathrow air traffic is a nightmare at the best of times but his schedule was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Good luck if he visits BKK.

Mouse1
07-07-08, 22:26
He totally screwed up Heathrow for 2 days when he visited the UK in June. Refused to fly into a military air base or alternate civil airfield. Would not fly standard approach patterns. Arrival or departure time not passed to airlines so they could adjust. Non-standard approach and not advertising schedules are fair enough for security reasons but why insist on Heathrow? Arrogance springs to mind but that's just my opinion.

Traffic (air) halted for 2 hours on arrival and departure, knock on disruption for two days. Heathrow air traffic is a nightmare at the best of times but his schedule was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Good luck if he visits BKK.I happened to be going to Northern Ireland the same day as the Dear Leader, and as you can imagine security was very tight... The security forces closed the motorway so that he and his motorcade would have sole use, which meant (amongst many other problems) that taxis couldn't get to the airport easily, resulting in a massive queue of disgruntled salarymen, including myself. Luckily the worst was over by the time I arrived.

(Not really sure why he was going there - did he have anything to do with NI whilst in office?)

Dinghy
07-08-08, 04:26
Who cares what fuckstick wanted in NI - just be glad he didn't cost YOU money while he was there except for the security fiasco. he's CERTAINLY wrecked the value of the US dollar because of IRAQ (1.5 trillion pounded down a RATHOLE)

I better shut up before someone encourages me to move it to "Thai Politics" ( I absolutely DISPISE that Tex COCKSUCKER (yeah, it's TEX - they sent the ASS to Washington)

Bold Focker
07-26-08, 16:07
I will be arriving in BKK on the 12th August for two days before heading down to Pattaya for a week.

I am travelling on my own, so if anyone is short of a wingman PM me and we can meet up for a beer or two!

BF

TripleX
07-26-08, 21:42
I will be arriving in BKK on the 12th August for two days before heading down to Pattaya for a week.

I am travelling on my own, so if anyone is short of a wingman PM me and we can meet up for a beer or two!

BFJust put a note in Travel Plans and Announcements when you get to Pattaya and I'll meet up with ya unless I wind up in Cambodia, haven't decided yet.

El Greco
07-27-08, 00:15

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

Log on as a guest and tick month long search for best results.

It seems that Air India flights to BKK are operated by Thai International so no problem. You can check that if you go into the details of the flight.

Garson
08-01-08, 21:21
I will be in BKK from 18th to 22nd August.

Anyone available for a beer and hunt.

Nvslim
08-02-08, 10:22
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. federal agents have been given new powers to seize travelers' laptops and other electronic devices at the border and hold then for unspecified periods the Washington Post reported on Friday.

Under recently disclosed Department of Homeland Security policies, such seizures may be carried out without suspicion of wrongdoing, the newspaper said, quoting policies issued on July 16 by two DHS agencies.

Agents are empowered to share the contents of seized computers with other agencies and private entities for data decryption and other reasons, the newspaper said.

DHS officials said the policies applied to anyone entering the country, including U.S. citizens, and were needed to prevent terrorism.

The measures have long been in place but were only disclosed in July, under pressure from civil liberties and business travel groups acting on reports that increasing numbers of international travelers had had their laptops, cellphones and other digital devices removed and examined.

The policies cover hard drives, flash drives, cell phones, iPods, pagers, beepers, and video and audio tapes -- as well as books, pamphlets and other written materials, the report said.

The policies require federal agents to take measures to protect business information and attorney-client privileged material. They stipulate that any copies of the data must be destroyed when a review is completed and no probable cause exists to keep the information.

(Reporting by Paul Eckert, editing by Alan Elsner)

Thought this may be of interest.

Slim

Mad Harry
08-02-08, 11:08
My package includes private transfer, i was wondering if one lands at 3.30pm BKK time, how long it would take to get to the Grand Sherton Shukumwit. Allowing for immigration customs and the heavy BKK trafic would a 2-2.5 hrs be enough?

1Ball
08-02-08, 12:17
Mad Harry, you are landing at pretty much the WORST time of the day, traffic wise. gridlock will be everywhere up and down Suk, and getting off the freeway could take an hour. If you are lucky, you will get a driver who knows the back sois, and can get off the freeway earlier than most, and find his way to the Sheraton in under 2 hours. During non busy times, it is a 30 minute drive from "so-you-wanna-boom".

Fivebahtwiz
08-02-08, 19:50
Mad Harry, you are landing at pretty much the WORST time of the day, traffic wise. gridlock will be everywhere up and down Suk, and getting off the freeway could take an hour. ".I find that the best way to avoid the afternoon Sukhumvit slog is as follows:

Take the AE3 bus from the airport (150 baht, door #8 lower level) and get off at On Nut. Then hop on the BTS and cruise over the gridlock to your desired location ("next station. Nana").

Canadian Cowboy
08-05-08, 18:57
I have 3 weeks to travel thailand this coming Jan Feb. which would be the best time to travel I don't wish to get caught up with festivals that shut everything fown.

Thanks ,

CC

Skeeter
08-06-08, 15:51
I have 3 weeks to travel thailand this coming Jan Feb. which would be the best time to travel I don't wish to get caught up with festivals that shut everything fown.

Thanks ,

CC
Any time Jan / Feb should be ok
. Songkran in mid april is the only festival that makes a big difference.

Holidays in Jan:
1- New Years Day
26 - Chinese New Year

Feb:
9 - Macha Bucha Day

The weather will be a little cooler (ie - hot, rather than very hot!)

Enjoy :)

Steroidu
08-11-08, 17:43
I will be traveling to Pattaya for a couple of weeks at the beginning of October this year. Since I heard that Pattaya's beaches are not something to die for, I want to stay in JomTIen, where I hear the beaches are swimmer-friendly.

All I ask of the hotel I'll be staying at is easy access (by whatever means of transportation, since I'll be going to Pattaya a lot, and return at odd hours of the night), air-con, warm water, and a clean, large bed. A hotel pool is nice-to-have.

Which hotel would you recommend?

Thanks a lot for the help,

S.

Mark17
08-12-08, 05:47
i will be traveling to pattaya for a couple of weeks at the beginning of october this year. since i heard that pattaya's beaches are not something to die for, i want to stay in jomtien, where i hear the beaches are swimmer-friendly.

all i ask of the hotel i'll be staying at is easy access (by whatever means of transportation, since i'll be going to pattaya a lot, and return at odd hours of the night), air-con, warm water, and a clean, large bed. a hotel pool is nice-to-have.

which hotel would you recommend?

thanks a lot for the help,

s.just a suggestion:

yes the beaches there are not too great. but you can rent a driver with a speed boat and take a 40 min ride out to an island. just tell the driver you want to go to the island. it cost about 1000 baht. he stays all day with you. cyrstal clear water, smooth white sand. you can rent jst skis, motor bikes. etc beer foor is cheap. then come back.

take your girl with you. or if you hook up with another guy and his friend you split the cost of the boat.

recommend you stay at the penthouse hotel. see their website. basically a sex hotel with dance poles, jacuzzis, mirrors, swings in the rooms. they wil lchange the sheets as many times as you need them changed each day.

indoor pool you can swim nude with the girls. the kitten club is connected to the hotel. walk to the end of the street in the morning and catch the boat to the island.

Gagoo
08-14-08, 05:10
Me and another member are in Pattaya now and will leave on the 18th.

Barek
08-26-08, 11:37
Will be in BKK on 5,6 and 7 Sptember for our "hobby".
Any mongers around for a beer?
Cheers
Barek

Just Jim
08-26-08, 23:10
Hi all,

Been a member under 3 names now, damn wife, since 2001 and headed to Pataya with my Business partner, lookingto organize a large sexually oriented gathering, will be booking a room at the Penthouse fo rrthe event.

Looking for a couple of other to join in, this is my 10th trip or so to Thailaind but only my second to Pataya so would not mind some assistance in ensuring the proper motivated, flexible bi ladies are invited.

I think we will have prizes for best performances, anyone interested e-mail me here.

Thanks

JJ

Bold Focker
08-27-08, 09:58
Any members out there want to meet up for a beer, and discuss tottie?

I will be leaving on 30th August for Cambodia and returning around about
10th September.

PM me.

BF

Juan Dorsey
09-02-08, 05:23
I am in KL, have been for a couple weeks (I have a room there paid for, for the next month).

I am heading to Phuket tomorrow on Air Asia, then, whenever I feel like it, I am heading to BKK/Pataya. I will return to KL around 12 Sept, actually my dive instructor (and a couple GFs) wants to hangout in Lankowi island for that weekend, so I may not get to KL until the 14th.

Looking for a wingman. I will send my contact info.

JD

ThaiLearner
09-08-08, 21:32
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me out in locating the cheapest way to get to BKK from Glasgow. The cheapest I seem to be getting up is around £1000(Glasgow to London then direct to BKK).

Any help much appreciated

Cheerie

Hi When are you looking at going and who have you visited or looked at the prices?

Mouse1
09-09-08, 10:16
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me out in locating the cheapest way to get to BKK from Glasgow. The cheapest I seem to be getting up is around £1000(Glasgow to London then direct to BKK).

Any help much appreciated

CheerieThere are lots of flights from London to BKK for between £500 - £600. You should be able to get a cheap flight from Glasgow to London, then if necessary a connection to LHR or LGW.

Check out Emirates or Qatar Air.

LongRange
09-09-08, 10:42
There are lots of flights from London to BKK for between £500 - £600. You should be able to get a cheap flight from Glasgow to London, then if necessary a connection to LHR or LGW.

Check out Emirates or Qatar Air.I am flying with Qatar airways in October for £450 rtn,but I booked that in June,and direct with the airline,then going on as far as Bali,with Air Asia/Lion air,six flights in total,Bangkok-Singapore-Bali-Jakata-kuala Lampur-Phuket-Bangkok,then to Pattaya for 5 nights,for an extra £150.00,accomodation works out at £20.00 pr night on average,for 14 nights,with a mix of hostels/guest houses and 4/ 5 star hotels.so all thats less than £1000.00.so as I have learnt,book early! its the only way.try the cheap flight sites such as Airline network/ebookers/last minute.com,and use Hostelworld.com and hostelbookers.com also Asiarooms.com for hotel/hostels etc.

hope that helps and good luck.

Fifty Fifty
09-14-08, 05:48
Guys,

I am visiting BKK for the first time, staying at Livingstones from 16th to 23rd September, or maybe longer. Anyone up to meeting for a chat, beer, etc send me a PM please.

Cheers, Fifty Fifty

Luvnlife1970
09-14-08, 17:39
What would be the best way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya at it seems about 2 hours away can i get by skytrain . I will be in Bangkok for more than a week and want to spend a few days in Bangkok, then pattaya and then back to bangkok. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

M P Lurker
09-14-08, 18:00
Guys,

I am visiting BKK for the first time, staying at Livingstones from 16th to 23rd September, or maybe longer. Anyone up to meeting for a chat, beer, etc send me a PM please.

Cheers, Fifty Fifty
You are certain to run into a few ISGers at some point. Its hard to avoid this unless you stay in your room. :D

Marstop
09-14-08, 23:10
Hi fellow BKK mongers!

I will be making my 6th trip to LOS in 2 years. Have flown solo in the past but would like to meet up with some of you in BKK the week of November 6. If anyone would like to meet up for a beer and some hunting, respond here. I have always stayed at the Dream BKK but thought this trip to go "down and dirty" and stay at the Nana Hotel. (this trip NOT on expense report). Btw, I have found that I AM partial to Issan girls, friendlier, generally like it front, back and any ol' way! What do you guys think?

BR,

Marstop

Daddy San
09-17-08, 14:07
I was thinking of comming to BKK in time for the Chinese New Year (Jan. 26, 2009).
1. Is it in fact worth while to come for the festivities and how long do they last?
2. Will the hotels be very busy and if so, from when to when?
3. In case I cannot get a suitable hotel for that period in BKK, would it be easier (hotelwise) to 'do' Pattaya in the mean time?

Thanks for your info.

Dracula12
09-20-08, 08:59
I am planning to be there in bangkok around 10-15 Oct..

Also please suggest me a good hotel in Pataya

LittleBigMan
09-21-08, 03:29
Dracula12,

If money isn't a big issue, give the Marriort at Royal Garden a try. Very nice right in the middle of the action. Close to the beach, Walking Street, shopping , etc.....

LBM

Daddy San
09-22-08, 17:28
Can some of you guys please answer my questions? (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=790392&postcount=160)

Traveler1234
09-22-08, 17:51
I was thinking of comming to BKK in time for the Chinese New Year (Jan. 26, 2009).
1. Is it in fact worth while to come for the festivities and how long do they last?
3. In case I cannot get a suitable hotel for that period in BKK, would it be easier (hotelwise) to 'do' Pattaya in the mean time?

Thanks for your info.

I was there last year and pretty much like any regular Jan/Feb period - it's still high season. Unless you're going to Chinatown area, not much difference - it's not like China where all the girls go home!

Giotto
09-22-08, 17:52

Thanks for your info.Daddy San,

1) No really in Bangkok, some activities in Chinatown, but basically this is just a long holiday here in Thailand.

2) Hotels will be full, Singapore and Hongkong tourists are flooding Bangkok

3) Pattaya will be busy, too. Half of Bangkok residents will be there.

I hope this helps.

Giotto

Luvnlife1970
09-23-08, 02:36
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help.

What would be the best way to get from Bangkok, sukhummvit area betweet nana & Soi Cowby to Pattaya at it seems about 2 hours away can i get by skytrain . I will be in Bangkok for more than a week and want to spend a few days in Bangkok, then pattaya and then back to bangkok. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Kpmgey
09-23-08, 18:20
Hi guys,

I will be in Bangkok and Pattaya on 28 November for 4 days. This is first time in Thailand. Any help regarding hunting and accomodation is much appreciated.

Kp

ThaiLearner
09-23-08, 22:15
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help.

What would be the best way to get from Bangkok, sukhummvit area betweet nana & Soi Cowby to Pattaya at it seems about 2 hours away can i get by skytrain . I will be in Bangkok for more than a week and want to spend a few days in Bangkok, then pattaya and then back to bangkok. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hi No you cannot get a sky train. The best way would be for you to get a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya.Then you can go from one hotel to another.

Member #3200
09-24-08, 06:06
Which bus station can I get the bus to hua hin from BKK on a weekday?

What times do the buses start running because I would like to be on 1 of the morning buses so I can arrive at hua hin around 1pm?

How much would a normal (non-VIP) bus cost?

Oct 9th-is a travel day from hell, I'm travelling from hua hin back 2 BKK then right away down 2 Pattaya, if the bus station I am using for hua hin isn't Ekkami, how much would the cab be from south station 2 Ekkami?

Is the bus 2 & from hua hin express bus like there's an express bus 2 Pattaya?

Thank you very much & hope 2 see a few of you soon--Oct 5-17th.

Bold Focker
09-24-08, 21:58
To get back to the airport to fly to Cambodia I decide to take a taxi. When booking taxi I meet a guy who was also booking taxi same time. Of course we agree to share, and arranged to meet next morning at 11:30am. Unfortunately I overslept and woke up at 11:45. Keeping it short, I missed the taxi. Packed case, paid girl and hotel and booked another taxi. Now 1000thb + tolls as no 800thb taxis available. I have a 30 mins window. 2 hours to last check in time and a 1. 5 hrs journey ahead, so no room for any more mishaps. All ok until 50kms away from Airport and I notice that driver is falling asleep. I asked him, if he wanted me to drive, but he said no, he was ok! I was not convinced as every 5 – 10 mins his head would drop sharply and I could see he was struggling to keep awake. I have been in this situation my self, and know how dangerous it is, so I always pull over and cat nap. Due to time limits this was not an option now. Not only was I stressed about getting to airport on time, without any hold ups, I now had to worry about not crashing! This whole trip was turning into a nightmare fast. At this point I decided that all future trips, I would go by bus. You are higher up, and have a better view. If there is an accident, chances are what you hit will be smaller, and you will be better off.
So for my next trip to BKK Airport, I booked the bus from bus station in Pattaya. Buses leave 1 – 3 – 5 – 7pm at 150thb. I took the last bus at 7pm left spot on time and at 8:30Pm I was getting off at BKK airport! I am sure it traveled faster than a taxi! From now on it will be the bus for me!
The taxi did eventually get me to Bkk airport, on time and in one piece, but it is one white knuckle ride, I will not Forget!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Lover Boy #2
09-28-08, 03:59

What times do the buses start running because I would like to be on 1 of the morning buses so I can arrive at hua hin around 1pm?

Oct 9th-is a travel day from hell, I'm travelling from hua hin back 2 BKK then right away down 2 Pattaya, if the bus station I am using for hua hin isn't Ekkami, how much would the cab be from south station 2 Ekkami?

The Southern Bus Terminal (sathanii sai tai mai) is now located on Phutthamonthon Soi 1 in northern Thonburi. Long-distance buses leave from here to destinations like Hua Hin and other places in southern Thailand. I think if you book a ticket through certain agencies on Khao San Rd....they provide a shuttle to the station for minimal cost. I cannot answer your whole question.

M P Lurker
09-28-08, 07:04

There web sites that would deal with such detailed questions.
So simply do a Google Search including words: bus, Bangkok, Hua Hin and how can you miss?
BTW, the word 'to' is not too long to type since we are using a full keyboard. ISG does not encourage SMS style texting but we do use abbreviations for common phrases.

If I was going to Sai Tai Mai (new bus station for travelling South) which is strangely located North West of BKK proper over the river, I wouldn't want to be leaving from Ekkamai (said the Irishman) LOL.
The fastest taxi route might be a rather circuitous one via expressways. Could go part of the way on BTS. I don't know the price, but who cares? Normally time is more important than a few bucks for the taxi.

Member #4147
10-01-08, 23:57
Am planning a visit in the 1st half of the month. Anyone around to greet & meat? Could host a happy hour depending on who's in. May not be all that as there won't be any Tansak KTV. PM availability/ideas. Will have more champagne for Giotto.

Moirick
10-03-08, 14:10
I will go on 17 October the first time, who will go too?

LittleBigMan
10-06-08, 19:28
Two months in the States and it's getting cold and everything is done. LBM is on his way to the Airport. A short stop in HK and back to LOS!

Horay! LBM

Chip Master
10-06-08, 19:44
Hi,

Could I get some info on the train system in BKK?

What is the difference between MRTA and BTS?

Are they linked together at any station?

Can you buy a ticket that will let you travel all day on both or is it 2 seperate tickets?

Cheers

Wbpt12
10-06-08, 20:11
Making my first trip to BKK / Pattaya Oct 8 - 18

Lover Boy #2
10-07-08, 03:10
Two months in the States and it's getting cold and everything is done. LBM is on his way to the Airport. A short stop in HK and back to LOS!

Horay! LBM

Have a great trip!!...but remember not to get too mad at Thai rip off artists....although another chopped head would make an excellent meal for a hungry soi dog. Chok dee.

Nip Lover
10-07-08, 06:55
Am looking to make a trip in late November. Anybody there in that time?

Just out of curiosity, has the number of tourists to LOS dipped - what with all the mayhem in the financial markets and the recession?

Duniawala
10-07-08, 15:41
Hi,

Can you buy a ticket that will let you travel all day on both or is it 2 seperate tickets?

Cheers

Here is a train travel info site which gives a good info on train travel not only in Thailand but all over. Some parts may be dated but mostly up to date.

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Fares

If you are talking about metro transit, there is an underground metro rail and the skytrain. Asoke station is one of the metging points.

M P Lurker
10-07-08, 17:01
Hi,

Cheers
Separate tickets. I don't even think they have all-day ticket, but not certain. Have top up cards that deduct for each trip based on how many stops.

The green, pink and purple lines on this Map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=au&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112522687346612693021.00044836624e9b986acc9&ll=13.75806,100.560093&spn=0.116382,0.148144&z=13

There are 3 cross-over points.

Mr Enternational
10-13-08, 00:07
Yes, lots of problems everywhere, violence, coups, possible nuclear bombs going off, best to stay away, keep clear of Thailand, do not visit, its highly dangerous, keep away, do not go near Sukhumvit, tanks hiding in Robinson car park, rocket launchers on Nana BTS, stay away, keep away, very very dangerous, bird flu as well, and Asian flu, and herpes, AIDS and many other horrible things. Please keep away

With that said, I must go investigate. I'm sure I can implement a solution to all these problems. It starts with a p and ends with a y. Or at least it will be a solution to MY problems. See y'all in LOS this week.

Bajuka
10-14-08, 14:42
Beergarden-freelancers

Is there any new information about the Beergarden in Pattaya?

Are there manny freelancers there, and what are prices, ST. And LT?

What are the prices for freelancere in other places and where.

I like girls 30+

Warbucks
10-15-08, 10:32
I was suppose to leave tonight for home (PI) but dentist wants me to come in tomorrow so looks like I will be hanging around another night :D

Any mongers still around?

Bold Focker
10-16-08, 10:05
Does anyone fancy meeting up for a beer?

Renejen
10-17-08, 17:23
Scandinavian guy arriving Sunday - anyone up for a beer?

First time "playing" around Pattaya.

Sikelos30
10-18-08, 08:34
Hello I have just be in Pattaya anyone fro Beer?

1st time here :)

Fifty Fifty
10-19-08, 17:24
Hi Folks, have plans to return to Thailand towards end of November. Nothing confirmed yet, but the wishlist as follows:

Arr BKK 23, 24, 25, 26 Nov - Hopefully staying LL (To be confirmed)

Chiang Mai 28, 29, 30, 1, 2, 3, 4 Dec - Hotel TBA

BKK 6th Dec - Hopefully staying LL again.(TBC)

Kuala Lumpur 7, 8, 9 Dec - Hotel TBA

Malacca 10, 11, 12, 13 Dec - Hotel TBA

BKK 14, 15 Dec - Hopefully staying LL again.(TBC)

Koh Samui 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Dec - Hotel TBA

BKK 24, 25 26 Dec - Xmas with Giotto?? (TBC)

All dates and plans are totally flexible and I will be travelling with the Kazette (see my Kz Posts) so anyone up for a Beer/Chat, or got any better Travel Ideas, send me a PM. Good Hotel recommendations also accepted.

Cheers, FF

Moirick
10-23-08, 09:52
I am in Pattaya, do you want a beer?

Moirick
10-23-08, 09:53
Anyone for a beer?

Bill001
10-26-08, 20:38
Arriving Bangkok on 23rd, then Phuket on 28th, Bangkok again on 30th. Anyone up for a drink, party, or mongering for that matter?

Johnthescot
10-31-08, 21:07
hi guys, arriving on Pattaya for 2 weeks tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up for some beers and bullshit chat.

Got 6 girls lined up already but kind of thinking seems a bit too planned. !!!

Might even buy a round. No, really !!!

Johnthescot

Mouse1
11-01-08, 08:11
I'll be in BKK from the 2nd - 4th if anyone fancies a beer. Will be with gf but sometimes it's nice to go out as a 4-some.

mouse

Rus Paj
11-01-08, 15:33
Hi,

I'll be in bangkok in march 2009. Anyone be interested in some double penetration with a hot thai girl. I've never done it before but the idea seems great. I've found a hot escort that says see will do it and let us take pics and vids.

Anyone interested?

PM me.

Julian

Juan73
11-01-08, 16:12
Hey guys,

Where is the best price I could get for plane flight? I am trying to book a flight from texas to Bangkok.

===============================================

Greetings Juan73,

With all due respect, why did you post this in the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread?

The problem here is that the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread is one of those threads that is slated to be regularly purged of ALL posts under the assumption that these travel announcements have no lasting value. Unfortunately, this would mean that all of your valuable information will be deleted in the next thread cleanup.

Anyway, moving one report is a 4 step procedure, so it would be easier for me if you would simply re-post this in one of the discussion threads.

In the future, please consider that the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread is for posting ANNOUNCING YOUR TRAVEL PLANS, not for travel questions, travel advice, etc. If members start posting questions and advice, then the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread quickly becomes a General Discussion thread, and then we no longer have a thread to announce travel plans.

On behalf of your fellow Forum Members, Thank You!

Jackson

Member #4147
11-05-08, 21:15
Still on for being in & around BKK in the 1st half of Dec. Anyone have availability / ideas for fun in The City of Angels, PMs are welcome. I am looking at changing hotels a couple of times but Sheraton Suk is going to be my primary base.

Cheers

Evil Penivel
11-08-08, 18:35
I'm posting this on behalf of the guy, who is arranging the meet-up and wrote the text. He uses the handle bangkapiboy on the Pattaya boards. I went to the first meet-up and it was a lot of fun. If any ISG members in NYC decide to attend, just look for the table with the Pattaya sign.

Evil

The New York [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140)-up is planned!

Where: Rudy's Bar and Grill 627 9th Ave near 44th Street in Hell's Kitchen
Date: Wed 12 November 2008
Time: 7pm and on.

I posted the meet on 2 other boards as well. Come out and hang with us. I want to get the New Yorker Pattaya board members together. This bar is cheap as hell so you can save money to get back to Thailand! Don't believe me? Look at the drink menu. They even give you free fucking hot dogs as much as you need. It is an dive bar with a long history that has become an institution. If you're a New Yorker, you need to know about this place. I will find a table (inside or in the outside back area if it isn't cold) and put a piece of paper on the table that says "Pattaya" (thanks to Evil for this obvious but brilliant idea!)! If you get there first and see a table then you take it and put down a piece of paper that says Pattaya. Deal? Come find us. This bar isn't that big, so should be easy to find each other.

Member #3437
11-24-08, 19:29
January 7th, Bangkok then pattaya.

Any friends here, lets hook up.

Run Mann
11-25-08, 16:16
No departing flight allowed out of Thailand but you may still enter.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=132293

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/25/thailand.protests/index.html

Barek
11-25-08, 17:53
If the airport opens....let´s hope so , will be in BKK 2/4 December, any fellow mongers around for a pint?
Cheers
Barek

Kpmgey
11-26-08, 03:49
Hi Guys,

I was arriving Bangkok from US on 29th novemebr early morning and leaving for Pattaya same day around 7. 30 am. I am just worried due to this political crisis. Wheter it is safe to go out of the terminal to take a taxi or should I cancell my plans and go back to my home county india from airport. Any idea if situation is likely to improve or become worse. Appriciate your help on this.

Regards,

Kp

Fast Eddie 48
11-26-08, 07:49
I just got a text message from Cathay pacific all flight from HKG to Bangkok is cancel today due to airport closure because of protest, they block all main rd to the airport.

Fast Eddie 48

Nauskas
11-30-08, 01:43
Well, Looks like i am flying into Singapore instead.

Flights into Phuket are a bit high.

Any suggestions on places to fly from Singapore ?
To go Surfing and Diving and... :)

Thanks

My guess is Bangkok will be shutdown for 1-2 weeks.
Even if it opened today, it would take time to repair all the damage the demonstrators caused.

Imlonely67
11-30-08, 13:06
Well, Looks like i am flying into Singapore instead.

Flights into Phuket are a bit high.

Any suggestions on places to fly from Singapore ?
To go Surfing and Diving and... :)

Thanks

My guess is Bangkok will be shutdown for 1-2 weeks.
Even if it opened today, it would take time to repair all the damage the demonstrators caused.You can fly from Singapore to Phuket if you want too and the cost is about SGD646.00 to and return. I think is daily flight. You can check out at http://www.airasia.com

Or you can catch a bus from Singapore at night and arrive to Penang in the morning then transit in a van to Phuket. This is more economical but takes time for travelling.

Hope you have a good holiday in Thailand.

Member #4147
11-30-08, 18:35
My flt is booked from NRT to BKK Dec 5! Am i going to get hosed? From NRT should I try KUL, JKT, MNL or what? I've never tried them but would like so this may be an opportune time. What say you all?

Thanks in advance!

Nauskas
12-01-08, 01:12
You can fly from Singapore to Phuket if you want too and the cost is about SGD646.00 to and return. I think is daily flight. You can check out at http://www.airasia.com

Or you can catch a bus from Singapore at night and arrive to Penang in the morning then transit in a van to Phuket. This is more economical but takes time for travelling.

Hope you have a good holiday in Thailand.

Thanks- ended up buying a ticket on SilkAir It was like 584 S$ with tax. It best fit my time, although Bali was about 100 cheaper

ThaiLearner
12-01-08, 22:51
Just in case you don't know and you are flying with Eva then it is worth reading.

What a fucking stupid idea.:
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/eva/News/2008/LatestupdateonBangkokFlights.htm

Nauskas
12-02-08, 01:43
My flt is booked from NRT to BKK Dec 5! Am i going to get hosed? From NRT should I try KUL, JKT, MNL or what? I've never tried them but would like so this may be an opportune time. What say you all?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on the airline, BKK is closed for sure.
I chose Singapore because it had more options to go elsewhere by bus or air.
You can get an overnight bus to Bangkok from Southern Thailand or take a ferry.

I might have otherwise gone to KL, but it wasn't a protected destination.

Nauskas
12-02-08, 01:46
Thanks- ended up buying a ticket on SilkAir It was like 584 S$ with tax. It best fit my time, although Bali was about 100 cheaper

later found that with a Silkair or Singapore ticket\reservation I was able to get another 10% discount off Orchard Parade Hotel in Singapore.

I'll be there across from OT, then off to Phuket for a week. Anyone want to sight see in either place, drop me a note with a number

Cheers

Duniawala
12-02-08, 20:59

Thanks in advance!
Just got confirmation United will go to BKK on the 5th. Looks like you should be fine.

Inblr01
12-05-08, 02:11
Hi,

I am planning my first trip to Thailand from India. Never have been to this part of world and heard quite a lot about good time here. Anyone have availability / ideas for fun in Thialand, PMs are welcome. I am looking help for tips on hotel, city to choose, expenses etc.

I am little disturbed on Airport seize.

Pl help. Pl PM if you need more inputs from my side.

Wandere
12-05-08, 07:12
I have been few times,please advise what help you require.

It all depends how many days you want to spend,invariable mongering tourists invariably travel to Bangkok and or Pattaya.

Both have innumerable options,Go Go bars,pick up joints,massage parlours,there also you have various kinds of massages,though with happy ending.

Personally,at Bangkok,I prefer to stay in Sukhumvit area,where practically all action can be found.

Patpong to my experience and and knowledge is rip off.Nana and Soi Cowboy are better choices.There are Escort agencies and free lancers,depends what is your choice.

Hotels and guest houses are by the galore,depends what you want and what is your budget,in fact there are couple of hotels which have inhouse massage parlours.

Food wise,I guess you can go for any cusine and any budget,fine dinning to street food.

Budget wise,you can get a guest house/smaller hotel @ Baht 1000,or even low if you want,hotels can be from bahts 1300 to Bahts 7000.

Having fun,freelancers can be available as low as Baht 1000,gogo bars,you can end up typically around 2 to 2.5k,massage around same,escorts you could shell 5k +

If you go through the forum you have all the answers,but feel free to address the specifics

The airport seize is over

Have Fun and be safe

Hi,

I am planning my first trip to Thailand from India. Never have been to this part of world and heard quite a lot about good time here. Anyone have availability / ideas for fun in Thialand, PMs are welcome. I am looking help for tips on hotel, city to choose, expenses etc.

I am little disturbed on Airport seize.

Pl help. Pl PM if you need more inputs from my side.

ThaiLearner
12-05-08, 21:09
Hi

I will be Pattaya from 14/01/09-05/02/09.

Anyone fancy meeting up then let me know.

Last trip I met up with Belmont from the board we had a blast.

Nauskas
12-06-08, 10:03
Bring your umbrella, cause its rainy season here.

It doesn't last that long, so its mostly tolerable.
Strong sun when its out, 32-34C

Must have Air Conditioning !

Artisttyp
12-08-08, 18:01
There used to be a non stop from jfk nyc is this a thing of the past ? The thai airways website doesn't even have nyc listed.

Evil Penivel
12-09-08, 12:27
There used to be a non stop from jfk nyc is this a thing of the past ? The thai airways website doesn't even have nyc listed.

Those flights were discontinued in July. The load factor had been OK, but with fuel prices soaring, the JFK-BKK nonstop was losing major money for Thai. I wish they'd start it up again, say twice a week, but I doubt that will happen in the near future.

There are dozens of one-stop routes between JFK and BKK, but the quickest are via Tokyo or Hong Kong.

Evil

Bronx Prowler
12-13-08, 06:45
I flew this flight on Thai Air last year and it was wasn't bad. About 18 hours each way, but they did away with this.

I have been seaching every day for the cheapest and shortest flights from JFK to BKK and have found Cathay has the best prices and shortest layovers. If your going to book, wait till Jan 2009 as the airlines will drop their prices down then.

Fast Eddie 48
12-14-08, 06:21
I flew this flight on Thai Air last year and it was wasn't bad. About 18 hours each way, but they did away with this.

I have been seaching every day for the cheapest and shortest flights from JFK to BKK and have found Cathay has the best prices and shortest layovers. If your going to book, wait till Jan 2009 as the airlines will drop their prices down then.To Bronx

I just book cathay from SFO to BKK for next month they just drop fuel tax by 120 usd this week ,cost for ticket round trip is 829 usd with tax with stop over in HKG and yes they have many flight so layover is short.

Fast eddie 48

ThaiLearner
12-14-08, 11:59

I have been seaching every day for the cheapest and shortest flights from JFK to BKK and have found Cathay has the best prices and shortest layovers. If your going to book, wait till Jan 2009 as the airlines will drop their prices down then.

The price could go up as airlines or agents sell some seats between certain dates as at a discount. So when they have gone or the offer period has finished then the price goes up.

I have found that always best to book as soon as possible .

LittleBigMan
12-14-08, 17:54
All Airlines sell tickets in advance. For advance as a example they start selling tickets in the beginning of September for the holiday season. Beginning of January they will be selling tickets for Spring and so forth in quarters. Within that quarter if they don't sell tickets they will start to issue more tickets to travel agencies and their code share partners. As the quarters start to end and tickets are unsold then the airlines will then start gaining those unsold tickets back and discount them on their own personal website. These are the offers or promotions that are good deals if you fit the airlines arrival and departure dates. The lenght of the stay will usually determine the cost of the ticket. Pretty much what ThaiLearner is stating.

Concerning the fuel surcharge only time will tell if the other airlines will folllow. Some are wondering why surcharges are still in place for so many airlines? One of the main answer is that Airlines hedge their fuel purchase. Although the fuel cost now is at unbelievable levels compare to a few months ago many airlines hedge fuel at 120-125 a barrel when it was at 140-145 a barrel and might be using fuel that was purchased at 120-125 a barrel.

Eva, is also somewhere within the range of Cathay! Depending when you want to leave. ( SF0-TPE-BKK )

LBM

Danielson
12-15-08, 12:35
Hi all,

I'm in Pattaya now (15 dec) and will be here till jan 2nd 08

Anyone up for meeting up for drinks drop me a line.

Iron Duke
12-20-08, 15:00
Hi guys

I'm planning to have a couple of weeks in Thailand in February. I've been to LoS a few times so I know my way around.

Where would you recommend for a combination of nice scuba diving during the day, friendly girls and good night life? My instinct tells me PhiPhi (Phuket) and Koh Samui would be good but I'd welcome any other ideas.

Jodi In Heat
12-21-08, 20:42
How much should this cost me, either taxi or bus.

How do I do this?

Thanks

D Cap1
12-22-08, 08:28
When you get to the airport, avoid the Taxi touts inside the airport. They are well dressed kids who will politely ask you if you need a taxi, where you are going etc. Just smile at them and go outside to the Public metered taxi stand. The lady at the desk will give you a ticket and there is a line of taxi's waiting for your business. Cost to the Nana hotel should be a little less than 400 baht. Your cab driver will ask if you want to take the toll road. You should say yes and he will then ask you to give him money for the toll (I think the total is 70 bht) or he will add it to the bill.

Whenever I use cabs I always try to have correct change. If you don't have baht, there are plenty of ATMs and a big Money Exchange stand at the luggage pick up and there are plenty of places in the airport to make change.

Imlonely67
12-22-08, 09:53
Hi guys

I'm planning to have a couple of weeks in Thailand in February. I've been to LoS a few times so I know my way around.

Where would you recommend for a combination of nice scuba diving during the day, friendly girls and good night life? My instinct tells me PhiPhi (Phuket) and Koh Samui would be good but I'd welcome any other ideas.I will not recommend you to go to Koh Samui for now as year end is monsoon season with rough sea so u won't enjoy clear sea water and not recommend for scuba diving. I think you better go to Phuket & Phi Phi.

El Culion
12-22-08, 12:03
How much should this cost me, either taxi or bus.

How do I do this?

Thanks

RTFF!!!
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2793

Thomrn10
12-22-08, 23:15
Leave Dec 29 on Eva from sfo
Arrive in Bangkok 1115am
If anyone is on the flight as in years past, I would love to share a taxi.

Otherwise, I will take the bus to Pattaya.
Staying at Secrets for a week before heading to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

safe travels

T

Foscle
12-24-08, 04:21
I'm gonna be there from Jan 14 to Feb 2nd. Staying at Secrets.

I will be Pattaya from 14/01/09-05/02/09.

Anyone fancy meeting up then let me know.

Last trip I met up with Belmont from the board we had a blast.

RetiredForever
12-30-08, 00:46
Will be in Pattaya from January 22 until April 20. If you want to get together drop me a PM. Staying at Pig & Whistle on Soi 8. Have been there a number of times so know my way around.

Fast Eddie 48
01-04-09, 06:09
Will be in Pattaya from January 22 until April 20. If you want to get together drop me a PM. Staying at Pig & Whistle on Soi 8. Have been there a number of times so know my way around.Retire forever,

It is nice to able to take 4 month off, you should rent a condo by the month if you stay that long, it is good to be retire. The most I can stay is 4 days at a time.

Fast eddie 48

Andix
01-05-09, 03:21
I'll be in Pattaya from Jan 26 - Feb 8. Some Pattaya activities work much better when you're not alone ... scan soi 6, for example.
Have been to Pattaya many times .. and I always have to come back !

Jackzonian
01-08-09, 23:28
Tai finally knocked about $200. 00 off their LAX flight. I jumped all over it.

In the past, the best deal for me was Cathay deal-of-the-month out of JFK or LAX, but remember, you have that final lay-over in HK en route. That final leg was a short hop, but it was one more landing and take-off, and one more layover, and one more opportunity to lose your bag.

Right now, this new fare from TAI is dead close to the best price you can get at Cathay. And it's direct into BKK. A real bonus, and you don't arrive at mid-night. If you can get yourself to LA with some miles or a cheap domestic flight, the hop to BKK is best out of LAX. (You can go cheaper with China Air or some Korean bucket shops, but your final leg will destroy you. 7+ hours out of Seoul or Tokyo or Beijing. A killer.)

Economics: the best minds on the planet cannot figure out how Airlines set fares, so don't expect genius here. But. I could not understand how TAI was sticking to the high prices after the mini-revolution in November. Tourism is appx 13% of their GDP and it went to zero. Add to that, TAI was losing appx $13million per day. And prices weren't coming down through December after things opened up. WTF? On close inspection of my fare details, I think what happened was this: they reduced the "tax" aspect of the ticket. I suspect the airline needs a fixed amount to run the plane (s), fuel, expenses, etc. , so they weren't lowering fares. So perhaps the Gov't stepped up and lowered their cut, probably in order to induce travelers.

Anyway, maybe that's more than you needed to know, but I'll take any reply on my note here. Info is power, right? Be cool. Jck

Aussie Fella
01-09-09, 16:41
Leave Dec 29 on Eva from sfo.

Arrive in Bangkok 1115am.

If anyone is on the flight as in years past, I would love to share a taxi.

Otherwise, I will take the bus to Pattaya.

Staying at Secrets for a week before heading to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

safe travels

TSounds like you're in for quite the adventure. I look forward to reading about your adventures. I hope to get up to a few of those places in the not too distant future and would find any tips invaluable when it comes to finding the right treasures to tickle my fancy.

Duniawala
01-09-09, 18:37
Tai finally knocked about $200. 00 off their LAX flight. I jumped all over it...............................

Economics: the best minds on the planet cannot figure out how Airlines set fares, so don't expect genius here. But. I could not understand how TAI was sticking to the high prices after the mini-revolution in November. Tourism is appx 13% of their GDP and it went to zero. Add to that, TAI was losing appx $13million per day. And prices weren't coming down through December after things opened up. WTF? On close inspection of my fare details, I think what happened was this: they reduced the "tax" aspect of the ticket. I suspect the airline needs a fixed amount to run the plane (s), fuel, expenses, etc. , so they weren't lowering fares. So perhaps the Gov't stepped up and lowered their cut, probably in order to induce travelers............The reason for the high prices was that Thai hedged (?) their fuel prices at their peak, thinking it would go higher. However, when prices fell they were caught with their pants down. Since they were contractually bound they could not lower their prices. Seems they are finishing off with their fuel contracts.

Ny Desiman
01-10-09, 19:17
Will be arriving in Bangkok International Airport at 8 pm Sunday night. Clearing immigration/customs hopefully in half hour. Booked a hotel in Pattaya.

Can oneone advice on how to take a Bus from the Airport to Pattaya? Is 8:30 pm too late for a bus? Really wanted to save the dough for other things.

Farangfab
01-11-09, 15:02
I'm looking for friends for do threesome or foursome in Pattaya or around Thailand.

Mr_Hoffy
01-12-09, 09:25
What you are talking about is speculation not hedging. "If they got caught with their pants down" they were speculating and not hedging. The whole point with hedging is to "never get caught with your pants down or too far up."

All hedging is, is setting the price of the ticket based on what the futures market estimates price of fuel cost will be in the future. When a customer purchases a ticket let's say 2 months in the future you buy 2 month futures contract on jet fuel for the the estimated amount of fuel customer would use. By buying the right amount and time on the futures contract the airline will lock up the price of fuel they will have to pay. That way the airline knows it's future cost of operation.

By not hedging the airlines are essentially unable to determine if they will make money in the future. It's not a good way to run a business. If the price of jet fuel drops or rises you sell tickets at the current future prices and lock up the price. If in the future the price of jet fuel drops you loose money in the futures contract but gain by buying fuel at a lower price. Conversely, if the price of fuel prices rise you gain on the futures contract and use the profit to purchase the higher cost jet fuel. The whole purpose of hedging is reverse of speculation. You want to stabilize your fixed operating cost to know in the future that you can make a profit.

If you somehow you buy more future contracts than you have tickets sales you might as well be out of the airline business if the price of fuel drops since you won't be able to come up with margin requirement when the future contracts fall. Most airlines in the US are unable to hedge due to the large amount of collateral they need to secure margin requirements if the price of the fuel falls. Only Southwest had the balance sheet to hedge fuel prices. I am sure most of the stronger international air carriers that have a strong balance sheet are able to hedge.

The whole point of hedging is just to lock up a future price of fuel based on present tickets sales which are for flights in the future.

If the futures market contracts didn't exist and airlines wanted to protect themselves they would have to purchase actual jet fuel at the time of ticket sales and store it and release in the future when your flight takes off. Since physically storing fuel is costly, by purchasing a contract of fuel delivery in the future the airline can control costs but not have to physical store any fuel.

The reason for the high prices was that Thai hedged (?) their fuel prices at their peak, thinking it would go higher. However, when prices fell they were caught with their pants down. Since they were contractually bound they could not lower their prices. Seems they are finishing off with their fuel contracts.

Jackzonian
01-12-09, 18:07
I saw a thing on last night's news about China Air making a similar mistake, hedging fuel costs. And not doing the right math. As you said, they were actually speculating because they bought so many contracts, in effect, over-hedging for their needs, they ended up losing huge on those contracts. Was it $900 million? I don't remember exactly, but it's wild how even a major company doesn't have the brain-power to execute the proper trade, getting caught with their pants down.

Duniawala
01-12-09, 22:06
What you are talking about is speculation not hedging. "If they got caught with their pants down" they were speculating and not hedging. The whole point with hedging is to "never get caught with your pants down or too far up."

All hedging is, is setting the price of the ticket based on what the futures market estimates price of fuel cost will be in the future. When a customer purchases a ticket let's say 2 months in the future you buy 2 month futures contract on jet fuel for the the estimated amount of fuel customer would use. By buying the right amount and time on the futures contract the airline will lock up the price of fuel they will have to pay. That way the airline knows it's future cost of operation.

By not hedging the airlines are essentially unable to determine if they will make money in the future. It's not a good way to run a business. If the price of jet fuel drops or rises you sell tickets at the current future prices and lock up the price. If in the future the price of jet fuel drops you loose money in the futures contract but gain by buying fuel at a lower price. Conversely, if the price of fuel prices rise you gain on the futures contract and use the profit to purchase the higher cost jet fuel. The whole purpose of hedging is reverse of speculation. You want to stabilize your fixed operating cost to know in the future that you can make a profit.

If you somehow you buy more future contracts than you have tickets sales you might as well be out of the airline business if the price of fuel drops since you won't be able to come up with margin requirement when the future contracts fall. Most airlines in the US are unable to hedge due to the large amount of collateral they need to secure margin requirements if the price of the fuel falls. Only Southwest had the balance sheet to hedge fuel prices. I am sure most of the stronger international air carriers that have a strong balance sheet are able to hedge.

The whole point of hedging is just to lock up a future price of fuel based on present tickets sales which are for flights in the future.

If the futures market contracts didn't exist and airlines wanted to protect themselves they would have to purchase actual jet fuel at the time of ticket sales and store it and release in the future when your flight takes off. Since physically storing fuel is costly, by purchasing a contract of fuel delivery in the future the airline can control costs but not have to physical store any fuel.

Many thanks for clearing it up.

D

JuiceGuy
01-13-09, 10:27
I will be in BKK January 14-18. Please PM me if you are looking for a wing man or want to add another wing man to your team. I am all alone in LOS.

NicFrenchy
01-13-09, 11:29
I am all alone in LOS.

oh come on LOL there is no such think as "Alone" in LOS ;)

Joe Cose
01-13-09, 13:07
I plan to be in Pattaya second half of March and second half of April.

I would be happy to show around anyone on their first trip.

Asian Flava
01-13-09, 16:18
I'm looking for friends for do threesome or foursome in Pattaya or around Thailand.Hey Farangfab,

I'm in BKK now and am interested to hear what kind of ideas you have in mind. Tried to PM you but you are not set up for it? Very worthwhile to have a membership on this site. Let me know how to contact you.

AF

Rocky2009
01-13-09, 20:15
Hello,

I will be in bkk and Pattaya from 21 Feb to 1 March 09 and travelling alone. Anybody would like to share his experiance as I am first timer to thailand this time. I will be vey thankful to him.

Asian Flava
01-14-09, 13:32
Hey Guys,

I'm in BKK until Saturday and am looking for other ISGers to get together for some drinks and bar hopping.

Anyone interested?

AF

Italy 1974
01-14-09, 21:47
Hello,

I will be in bkk and Pattaya from 21 Feb to 1 March 09 and travelling alone. Anybody would like to share his experiance as I am first timer to thailand this time. I will be vey thankful to him.In one of your 5 posts in this forum you wrote "You can stay at HOTEL GRACE at Sukhumvit-4. You can get all the russian as well as Thai Models also. have a good trip to Thailand".

In this post you write that "I am first timer to thailand".

What's the matter with you?

Italy 1974

Fifty Fifty
01-15-09, 14:12
Hi Folks,

Fifty Fifty is currently planning yet another trip to LOS, a short one this time.

Approx Feb 9th into BKK for one or two nights, then to Chiang Mai for a day or so before going down to Phuket until 21st when back to BKK for a couple more nights.

Probably stay at Gullivers Hotel when in BKK, with friends in CM and the Raya Buri in Patong.

PMs, plans and meets for a beer all welcomed. Once again travelling with my open minded Kaz GF.

Cheers, FF

UrbanWildlife
01-15-09, 19:13
Hello Fifty Fifty!,

I will be seeing you soon!. I will be in Bangkok from February 11th through the 18th, then going to Phuket until the 26th, staying at the Raya Buri as well, before returning to Bangkok until? If anyone else wants to get together for a drink send me a p.m.

Ourtran
01-16-09, 21:14
Hello everyone,

I will land on the 20th of jan in Thailand and I'm hoping to make my way to Pattaya. I've been down there before but I went with a family and I'm not sure how to get there from the airport directly. If you guys can help me out it would be great.

Ice Raj
01-17-09, 05:34
Hi Guys,

Anyone her able to help me out with some mongering info and tips for Krabi? Heading there on the 24th to 26th of January '09. Appreciate all the feedback.

Best Regards,
Ice

Dinghy
01-17-09, 23:25
nic - juice guy might be alone because he has no money

Toby I
01-18-09, 15:21
hi guys,

anyone her able to help me out with some mongering info and tips for krabi? heading there on the 24th to 26th of january '09. appreciate all the feedback.

best regards,

icewhen you say krabi, i take it you'll be staying in ao nang.

was there november last year.

i found 2 sois with abouth a dozen bars in each.

first soi is almost opposite the mcdonalds, little bit closer direction of the beach.

second one is on "beach road" (can't remember the real name).

you will see a burger king, few meters closer/further there's a jewelry shop, turn left/right and you have to walk between some stalls to the bars.

there are always some girls handing out leaflets at beachroad so can't miss it. quality isn't high, but a few cute (and i emphasise few) girls are to be found.

better quality opposite mcdonalds (younger girls in general)

i drink to much but i believe the bf is 300 and i always paid 1500 lt.

there's an expensive open air "disco" on the beach with few girls.

it's no pattaya or patong, not even hua hin but there are girls to be found.

if you mean krabi town, can't really help you but saw some mp's rep001tered over town. wheter they provide or not? being thailand, some will.

===============================================

greetings,

with all due respect, why did you post this in the travel plans and announcements thread?

the problem here is that the travel plans and announcements thread is one of those threads that is slated to be regularly purged of all posts under the assumption that these travel announcements have no lasting value. unfortunately, this would mean that all of your valuable information will be deleted in the next thread cleanup.

anyway, moving one report is a 4 step procedure, so it would be easier for me if you would simply re-post this in one of the discussion threads.

in the future, please consider that the travel plans and announcements thread is for posting your travel plans, not for travel questions, travel advice, etc. if members start posting questions and advice, then the travel plans and announcements thread quickly becomes a general discussion thread, and then we no longer have a thread to announce travel plans.

on behalf of your fellow forum members, thank you!

jackson

LittleBigMan
01-18-09, 23:46
Give " Other Area's " a try for information on Krabi!

LBM

Member #3200
01-19-09, 18:19
I will be travelling from BKK to Bangsaen for a couple of days,i dont mind taking the bus to see the sites & relax.

Does the bus from BKK to Bangsaen leave from Ekkami bus terminal?

If so,how often does the buses run between the 2 destination,every 30 minutes or every hour?

I will be travelling from bangsaen to Pattaya afterwards,is there buses that run the short distance between the 2 places? or do i have 2 take a taxi & how much would the taxi cost between bangsaen & Pattaya?

thanks for the help & i will see you there in 2 weeks.

Maxx Maxx
01-20-09, 00:26
I don't know if this is thr right thred. But iam going to Thailand soon and I have never been there before. Can I travel with som one on this forum I am from Sweden.