PDA

View Full Version : General Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Member #2041
11-14-09, 18:47
Pattaya or Phuket for Christmas / New Years? What's better for quality off women, price, beach party atmosphere etc.

Thanks,

Johnnybraz.

Phuket is always better for beach quality and always more expensive. Pattaya is always better for women as far as quantity and price. As for women quality, you can find many gems among the WGs in either place - up to you.

You will pay more in Phuket - of that, I am certain. It might be worth it for you, or it might not. Only you can make that decision. If you are seriously considering Phuket, I might add Koh Samui (Lamai or Chaweng beaches) to the list. I prefer it to Phuket as far as an upscale beach resort with plenty of companionship available. But for me, I am spending most of my time in Pattaya next trip, because this trip for me is all about getting laid very well, many times on a constrained budget.

Daddy San
11-14-09, 19:52
Rjsss212

unfortunately I cannot second KTV's remarks. My experience with the optician in Soi 22 was on the negative side. Though I provided him with a current prescription from my US doc and a locally performed eye exam the new glasses didnt work for me. As I need bifocals this had happened before also in the States but rather then to get the glasses redone for free ( definitely not my fault that the glasses werent ok ) the optician insisted that I would have to pay again if I want them to be redone. I declined as we were talking 12000Baht and recorded it as 'experience'.

Generally the cost for prescription glasses here inThailand are much cheaper than in the US or Europe but there is also a flipside to it.

I did some quite thorough research, i.e. compare quality, service and price earlier this year and finally bought top quality Hoya multifocals, including frame and a magnetic polarizing sunglass clip for THB 8000 at "Modern Optical" on Suhumvit between Asok and Soi 14.
In Germany, we pay the equivalent of 11000 THB for one single Hoya multifocal lens!
You have to remember, that all the chains, Top Charoen, Modern Optical and others, are franchises with more or less independant shop operators. They all order their lenses from Hoya, Rodenstock and others.
But it is the optometrist's skill, which determines if the glasses work for you or not.
This means not only the correct prescription, but also the placement of the lenses in the frame (optical vs. mechanical axis, pupilar distance etc.)
I found that some of the clerks, (even at Top Charoen) were total morons, who could only read from the flyers. God help you, if you get one of those.
Btw. Hoya lenses (Japanese) are the most common in LOS, but you can get Rodenstock (definitely better quality, especially for strong, high dioptries lenses) at about 50% premium, BUT long deliveries. Hoya multifocals take 3-4 days.
I made a deal UPFRONT with the optometrist/shop manager, that if the glasses did not fit (optically), there would be no charge, and he knew, that I did not have time to wait for a second attempt.
This time I am going back for another, slightly stronger pair with Rodenstock lenses, right at the start of my SE Asia trip.

Member #4537
11-14-09, 20:04
DTAC happy dial *118*9# then dial.

Works for me in Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam

Thanks, but any prior arrangements before to activate roaming???

JohnnyBraz
11-15-09, 01:41
Anyone stayed in the expat hotel in patong beach?

Phuket?

Is it girl friendly?

The Pro
11-15-09, 05:32
The ATM fee of a couple of banks has been reduced from 150 baht to 15 baht for a couple of banks, and hopefully all the others will follow.

Presently BofA and SCB are putting their machines down from 150 to 15, some are done and others not.

So if you get a machine wanting 150 baht then keep trying the others until you get one thats got the 15 baht fee.

A lot of BofA machines (the yellow ones) are still not charging anything, some will say 150 baht and others 15 baht.

SCB is 15 baht, but the SCB machines in prominant tourist area's (like the airport) are still at 150 baht.

Cadjan
11-16-09, 14:38
Thanks, but any prior arrangements before to activate roaming?No, just key in those numbers. And add credit.

ThaiLearner
11-16-09, 18:26
Anyone stayed in the expat hotel in patong beach?

Phuket?

Is it girl friendly?

Hi

I haven't stayed there but it is girl friendly as I have read this on another forum

Run Mann
11-18-09, 12:17
The last person who did this died in Thailand now Mr. Butts face the same fate.

BANGKOK - Thai customs officials said Wednesday they had arrested a Pakistani man at Bangkok's main international airport with 54 condoms in his stomach containing half a kilo of heroin.

Kamran Pervaiz Butt, 24, was arrested at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Tuesday morning on a Thai Airways flight from Islamabad, customs authorities said in a statement.

Thai authorities received a tip-off that there would be a drug smuggler on the flight and stopped Butt because of his suspicious manner as he came through the nothing-to-declare channel at customs, they said.

An initial search of his body and his bags revealed nothing but X-rays later showed that he had swallowed 54 condoms packed full of heroin, the statement said.

The total weight of the drugs was 570 grams (1.2 pounds) with a street value in Thailand of approximately 1.7 million baht ($50,000), customs said.

Butt was charged with possession and trafficking of class A drugs, which carries a possible death sentence in Thailand.

Tratnguyen1
11-19-09, 03:17
For the Fifth consecutive overseas trips. BKK is still my port of Call. I was at angry mode last year when I was trapped in Bangkok during a closed of airports saga. The BKK escape via Phuket was expensive, but is was a necessary thing to Do under circumstances.

This November 2009 trip is consider a great trip with all activities normal in Bangkok and I do Not see any problem cause by political demonstrations.

I have visited Pattaya and Phuket.

I have visited Bangkok manytimes and still want to come back in the future.

Jeff46
11-19-09, 09:22
For the Fifth consecutive overseas trips. BKK is still my port of Call. I was at angry mode last year when I was trapped in Bangkok during a closed of airports saga. The BKK escape via Phuket was expensive, but is was a necessary thing to Do under circumstances.

This November 2009 trip is consider a great trip with all activities normal in Bangkok and I do Not see any problem cause by political demonstrations.

I have visited Pattaya and Phuket.

I have visited Bangkok manytimes and still want to come back in the future.You lucky. The red shirts plan to rally and demonstrate with a million people this time from nov 29 to dec 04 if the gov is not gone they come back after dec 6 after the k. Birthday.

Is nov 29 your traveling date. Watch carefully the news and have a travel plan be ready.

Lowkey1
11-19-09, 09:25
So I was at Rainbow 4 and barfined a real stunner. About 18 and looked great. Well we did our business and the condom broke! She did not seem worried and said she was just done with her time and not to worry. I insisted on getting her info where she only gave or had an email. I gave her mine as well just so she could contact me. I sent an email a day ago and no response? SO my questions are here. 1) If a bar girl gets preg what do they do? Just have it and single mother? Try to contact person it may belong to? Abortion? Or do these girls take birth control? I am a responsible person and do care to know if she did get preg so not caring is not an option for me. I know her first name and not her bar numer! I have a few pictures with her so I know that helps. What would you guys do or a little insight please. I planned on returning to BKK because it was so fun, but not until like Feb/March. This little issue makes me want to return in like a month or so just so I know.

The Scout
11-19-09, 12:03
those in need of internet because you have none or bad internet or the hotel charges daily... i bought a truemove sim card from 7-11 for 49 baht. then activated and topped up for 600 baht to get the 599 unlimited 3g for a month (for 799 the wifi spots will be included). works in bkk and patong. when in pattaya you'll probably get the 2g network. you can tether your phone as a modem or buy a dongle at an it place for about 3000 baht.

speeds are decent. 1-2mbps down, 300kbps up. i've been using it for a solid 10 hours and haven't been disconnected.

see coverage areas here
http://www.truemove.com/en/05_service_3g_3.html

my speed tests
http://speedtest.ookla.com/result/682775219.png
http://speedtest.ookla.com/result/682796085.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/625383169.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/627225958.png

The Scout
11-19-09, 12:08
The ATM fee of a couple of banks has been reduced from 150 baht to 15 baht for a couple of banks, and hopefully all the others will follow.

Presently BofA and SCB are putting their machines down from 150 to 15, some are done and others not.

So if you get a machine wanting 150 baht then keep trying the others until you get one thats got the 15 baht fee.

A lot of BofA machines (the yellow ones) are still not charging anything, some will say 150 baht and others 15 baht.

SCB is 15 baht, but the SCB machines in prominant tourist area's (like the airport) are still at 150 baht.What city is this in?

The Scout
11-19-09, 12:14
If you have AIS (12call) you can activate international roaming online here

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/PopUp/OnlineService/index2.html

And. Here's what I'm doing which might work with other companies. I have a Cambodia sim with roaming activated but I just never call with it.

Negative: $1. 99 a min to call Cambodia

Negative: Can't send SMS

Positive: Can receive SMS

I then use Skype. I put in my mobile number for SMS, and I then verify through Skype when they send me a text for the cost of $0. 10. Now I can SMS from Skype and the Sim # comes up on the caller ID, and people reply and SMS at their local rate (I think) and it goes to my phone. If I call from Skype I send an SMS saying I'm calling, then call from Skype with no caller ID available. Saves a lot of money.

Has anyone been able to use their Thai prepaid phone line (please specify which provider) abroad to make/receive calls/sms in either Cambodia, Phillipines or Indonesia? If so, how do you activate it or is it automatic?

Thanks.

Opebo
11-19-09, 17:27
The ATM fee of a couple of banks has been reduced from 150 baht to 15 baht for a couple of banks, and hopefully all the others will follow..

Damn it, I just paid 150 today. :(

I'll look for that next time I take out money from overseas - maybe next month.

The Pro
11-20-09, 02:10
What city is this in?All Thailand, however, its being implemented on a machine by machine basis. So you will find some at 150 baht and some changed to 15 baht.

So far I have seen only SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) and BoA (Bank of Ayudhaya. KrungSiri) implement the change to 15 baht. But like I said, its only "some of their machines so far".

If you want to use an SCB one near you, but its still charging 150 baht, then print the following link and pop it on to the managers desk.

http://www.scb.co.th/img/th/rate/fees-atm-en.pdf

Tratnguyen1
11-20-09, 04:29
Gents; I presently have my Great time in BKK. Lower soi Sukhumvit and staying comfy at the Majestic suites with all friendly faces I have known in the past few years. IMO. Bangkok is Not a really bargain city to visit in SEA by a long shot. The Bangkok advantage is this amazing city provides an Easy atmosphere to spend and enjoy. For the political demonstrations and social unrest. I just Don't see it can make a repeat like the November, 2008. The PAD yellow shirts have far more power than the RED shirts in Bangkok city. I Don't mind people doing their demonstration as long as the Airports shall remain open for foreingners travel.

Mistral66
11-20-09, 05:46
those in need of internet because you have none or bad internet or the hotel charges daily... i bought a truemove sim card from 7-11 for 49 baht. then activated and topped up for 600 baht to get the 599 unlimited 3g for a month (for 799 the wifi spots will be included). works in bkk and patong. when in pattaya you'll probably get the 2g network. you can tether your phone as a modem or buy a dongle at an it place for about 3000 baht.

speeds are decent. 1-2mbps down, 300kbps up. i've been using it for a solid 10 hours and haven't been disconnected.

see coverage areas here

my speed tests
http://www.speedtest.net/result/627225958.png

as far as i know there is nothing like 3g in thailand. the tender for the 3g network has been postponed by the government.

cheers

The Scout
11-20-09, 11:01
as far as i know there is nothing like 3g in thailand. the tender for the 3g network has been postponed by the government.

cheersi've heard the same but with truemove do you think they call it 3g when it's not? if so that's strange. when the sim is in my phone it says it's on the 3g network and when it's in my usb dongle it says it's on the 3g hspa network. the speeds are solid and still report the same with what i posted. when i'm out of the range on the map i linked to, i'm bumped to the edge network which is slower.

Pagal Chacha
11-20-09, 18:24
Can anybody please let me know which is the best Thai sim card for making international calls?

The Pro
11-21-09, 02:23
True are doing 3G trials in Bangkok.

Its their way of "getting around the system".

So their "trial" is in fact them launching their 3G in Bangkok.

Normal Thai nonsense. Not allowed to do 3G yet, but as True has powerful supporters in the government they are allowed to "trial" 3G forever.

Meaning that everyone signs up for 3G from True and gets them established and a massive headstart over the others. When the tender comes out and the others start, all the lead customers are already on 3G from True.

Corruption. Thailand. No. Pull the other one.

As far as I know there is nothing like 3G in Thailand. The tender for the 3G network has been postponed by the Government.

Cheers

Tratnguyen1
11-21-09, 04:56
Gents; My generally impression with this November, 2009 Bangkok is just great and very positive from the Majestic suites hotel to the MP. And NEP. And soi Cowboy. The political demonstrations are just having little to a Non Issue to the foreigners. I put Bangkok on top of the list destination for entertainments.

BruceTea
11-21-09, 10:41
There are some in BKK that are good, the major problem is getting to them as traffic is so bad. I go to Pattaya, 140km south, on the bay of Thailand. There are about 25 championship courses within 40 km radius. Not all spectacular but many are as good as you will find anywhere. All are within 45 or so minutes of central Pattaya. Fabian at Thi ger golf is great, they go in vans form his store to about 3 different courses each day, sign up the day before.

His website is thigerlinegolf.com. He is a good operator and will not let you down. Courses I strongly suggest are St Andrews 2000, Leam Chebong, Khaokheow and almost right in town Phoenix. Feel free to ask any questions.

Great suggestions.

Can you give a general pricing on those golf courses? I'll be going soon but have not begun finding their information on websites.

Thanks

The Scout
11-21-09, 12:24
I got flagged down by the police the other day at a checkpoint on my motorbike. Two cops stood in the middle of the road to not let people drive around them. I didn't speak, I left my engine running and when they motioned I just handed them my U.S. driving license (not int'l) and they gave it back and let me go. I wasn't expecting it to be so smooth.

My strategy of having a good day at a checkpoint is.

Try to avoid them in the first place. Wear a helmet, use blinkers always even on one way streets, make sure your lights work, always carry your drivers license, limited or no talking to them when pulled over.

The Scout
11-21-09, 12:38
I also wanted to give a little more info on the 3G I'm using from this post
http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=955915&postcount=3270

I bought a 3G enabled USB Dongle (Air Card) from Banana IT. If you find a cheaper one just make sure it's 3G enabled because many aren't from what I saw. The one I bought was 2900 baht, you can put a 16gb micro SD card inside if you want. When you plug it into the USB the software auto installs and will track your time online and your MB in and out.

# Model : vodafone X070M
# HSDPA USB Modem
# UMTS 850/2100 MHz HSDPA
# EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

You can see pictures here

http://www.anonymizeit.com/?http://forums.overclockzone.com********showthread.php?t=636457

Mistral66
11-21-09, 18:13
Great suggestions.

Can you give a general pricing on those golf courses? I'll be going soon but have not begun finding their information on websites.

ThanksTry this link

www.thaigerlinegolf.com

Mistral66
11-21-09, 19:37
I also wanted to give a little more info on the 3G I'm using from this post

http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=955915&postcount=3270

I bought a 3G enabled USB Dongle (Air Card) from Banana IT. If you find a cheaper one just make sure it's 3G enabled because many aren't from what I saw. The one I bought was 2900 baht, you can put a 16gb micro SD card inside if you want. When you plug it into the USB the software auto installs and will track your time online and your MB in and out.

# Model : vodafone X070M
# HSDPA USB Modem
# UMTS 850/2100 MHz HSDPA
# EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

You can see pictures here

http://www.anonymizeit.com/?http://forums.overclockzone.com********showthread.php?t=636457

@Scout

your external link doesnt work

Mr Enternational
11-22-09, 02:53
I got flagged down by the police the other day at a checkpoint on my motorbike. Two cops stood in the middle of the road to not let people drive around them. I didn't speak, I left my engine running and when they motioned I just handed them my U.S. driving license (not int'l) and they gave it back and let me go. I wasn't expecting it to be so smooth.

My strategy of having a good day at a checkpoint is.

Try to avoid them in the first place. Wear a helmet, use blinkers always even on one way streets, make sure your lights work, always carry your drivers license, limited or no talking to them when pulled over.
And another thing. Don't go the wrong way down a one way street. That is how they got me. I went down Soi 8 toward Beach Road and turned left. They were set up in front of the police station and he pulled me over. Although I think there was no fucking way he saw me turn left from where he was (maybe there was another cop closer who radioed) I did not have my license on me. Then he tricked me and got me to pull over in a no parking zone. They put a lock on my bike so I could not move it until I had cleared the 600 baht fine. (400 for wrong way and 200 no license...it is actually posted 400 for no license; don't know why they only made me pay 200). When I finally got everything paid, I went outside and the guy was about to put the bike on a tow truck. I got there just in time.

NicFrenchy
11-22-09, 03:20
A They put a lock on my bike so I could not move it until I had cleared the 600 baht fine. When I finally got everything paid, I went outside and the guy was about to put the bike on a tow truck. I got there just in time.

Why not settle it all right there? did you have to go to the police station?
Just tell the copper you want to settle it there and then! he will ask you for 100 thb more or so but it's better than having to go to the police and pay and waste 30mn.

Sometimes they even allow you to give the money and ticket to a moto-taxi, you pay the moto taxi 50 thb and he goes to the station to pay for you.

Mr Enternational
11-22-09, 06:14
Why not settle it all right there? did you have to go to the police station?
Just tell the copper you want to settle it there and then! he will ask you for 100 thb more or so but it's better than having to go to the police and pay and waste 30mn.

Sometimes they even allow you to give the money and ticket to a moto-taxi, you pay the moto taxi 50 thb and he goes to the station to pay for you.
Of course I tried that brother. I even showed him the money. I think he would not do it because 1. we were directly in front of the police station, and 2. there were many other people around.

Daddy07
11-22-09, 07:54
Of course I tried that brother. I even showed him the money. I think he would not do it because 1. we were directly in front of the police station, and 2. there were many other people around.
I've been stopped by the police 4 times in Pattaya, twice for no helmet, once for wrong way on a one way street, and once at a random checkpoint where I could produce no valid license. I offereed to settle the matter with money each time, but each time I ended up at the police station paying the fine, so as for bribery, it's never worked for me.

Maybe the cops are more honest in Pattaya.

Bromad1972
11-22-09, 13:10
Great suggestions.

Thankssolargolf.com

send him an e-mail, his name is Callum. Tell him the dates that you will be there and he will resond with the dates he has available. He goes out to some of the best courses all the time, his rates are good and he is a top bloke, some of the best times I have had in Pattaya are with him, on and off the course.

Good shooting.

Andy Abs
11-23-09, 01:23
I've been stopped by the police 4 times in Pattaya, twice for no helmet, once for wrong way on a one way street, and once at a random checkpoint where I could produce no valid license. I offereed to settle the matter with money each time, but each time I ended up at the police station paying the fine, so as for bribery, it's never worked for me.

Maybe the cops are more honest in Pattaya.I ride a bike now! I am always stopped but never pay a thing. The last time I got stoppped I asked him what for? "riding in the middle lane"! Load of #### I told him "give me the ticket and I will give it to my very high ranking police officer friend in Bangna".

Riding a bike is like being a cash machine at the end of the month. If you can it is best to pay on the spot. As for police in Pattaya being more honest than Bangkok one's. Doubt it.

Motorbikes do have their advantages though. Cheap to run. And never sit in traffic jams. I have saved myself about 2 hours a day! That is a lot of extra time for fun!

LittleBigMan
11-23-09, 02:55
See when you get stopped! you can't just make the offer or pull out the money from your pocket and say how much? You got to be discrete! you got to have it folded small and slowly you slip it to them like in a hand shake so the world doesn't see it! Everyone in the world know why they are there stopping people but funny as it may seem they still have their pride!

My brother and I were stopped in Bangkok a few months ago while we were heading back to Pattaya and directed into a particular toll booth. On the otherside the police said we made a illegal line change? What was clear was we were flagged for being from another province our license plate clearly made that clear to them. We were told that if we had to come back to BKK, to address the citation it would cost this much.... while he turn for a moment my brother folded a 1,000 baht note and when the police return he lean into the window slightly with one hand holding his ticket book and the other slightly in the car.. like a spider crawling slowly I watch his finger slowly take the note into his palm and withdraw from the vehicle slowly like he wrote a ticket his method was proven and down right funny to us and off we went a 1,000 baht lighter.

LBM

Michael Morris
11-23-09, 03:57
PI or Thailand, which is best. IF you could only make one trip next year, which is soon, which would be the better choice. Not just cheaper, most enjoyable. Can some experiened Monger give me an opionion?

Redfield10
11-23-09, 06:53
Hands down, Thailand.

No comparison in my opinion.

PI or Thailand, which is best. IF you could only make one trip next year, which is soon, which would be the better choice. Not just cheaper, most enjoyable. Can some experiened Monger give me an opionion?

Barko
11-23-09, 07:52
see when you get stopped! you can't just make the offer or pull out the money from your pocket and say how much? you got to be discrete! you got to have it folded small and slowly you slip it to them like in a hand shake so the world doesn't see it! everyone in the world know why they are there stopping people but funny as it may seem they still have their pride!

my brother and i were stopped in bangkok a few months ago while we were heading back to pattaya and directed into a particular toll booth. on the otherside the police said we made a illegal line change? what was clear was we were flagged for being from another province our license plate clearly made that clear to them. we were told that if we had to come back to bkk, to address the citation it would cost this much.... while he turn for a moment my brother folded a 1,000 baht note and when the police return he lean into the window slightly with one hand holding his ticket book and the other slightly in the car.. like a spider crawling slowly i watch his finger slowly take the note into his palm and withdraw from the vehicle slowly like he wrote a ticket his method was proven and down right funny to us and off we went a 1,000 baht lighter.

lbmdid you pay too much? 1000 baht is a shitload of street grease for thailand. hmm, yeah maybe, but you definitely did the right thing. getting out of there asap is always the best, but 300 baht is standard for on site damage (it used to be 100, period.)

secret: open your driver's side window, smile. put outstretched arm on the window-well and lean back as if your were just shooting the shit with an old buddy. he will put his pen hand on your arm, the motion says 'gotcha'. then with your left hand, slide the dough between your forearm and his outstretched finger hand. he will peer at his ticket book, look as if he is jotting something, say a few words, look at you for a second to see if you have any serious nerve jangle shit going on, something where he might make a lot more money (or bonus points with the boss,) then he'll simply split. don't hang around, don't even look in your rear view mirror, just get the fuck out of there instantly.

can't even tell you how many times i've done this all over the country. methodology acquired in chiang mai a long long time ago, but it's very similar in places like mexico, anywhere in s. america, morocco, egypt, etc. but, in phuket these days, it's a case of routine stops always involving more than one cop. a quick trip to the closest office relieves you of 500 baht each time, and now true even for stupid parking tickets. the phuket mafia is in total control of the island.

you definitely got it right lbm, but the cop was probably laughing at you more than you were at him.

Opebo
11-23-09, 09:47
I also have never been able to give a bribe in Thailand. I have tried many times in Pattaya but they decline. As for here in the upcountry the police rarely stop me, and when they do, they never ask for anything. The worst I can expect is a humiliating hug from the cop in return for letting me off scott free.

As I understand Thai culture, for another adult male to touch you is a sign of his 'social superiority', and a way of publicizing that he is acting as the big brother or benefactor. (Normally only old men give me hugs, walk arm in arm with me, etc - for example, my very aged landlord).

That said I was breathalized in Korat, which was scary.

Run Mann
11-23-09, 10:14
Of course it depends on which city you visit in each country but they're both enjoyable so just pick one. You will enjoy both LOS and the PI but if you can try them both once you're in Asia.

Jgm005
11-23-09, 10:25
I just got pulled over, two days ago, for not having a drivers license on me in Nongbulampoo at a check point. Obviously my own fault for I had left it in the other wallet at the home in Koodoo. A bribe or offering was not at all possible. A long line of folks waiting to pay for various infractions. Cost me 200bt.

Some years ago I was going like a bat out of hell from Udon Thani to Nongbulampoo and got pulled over. This time the 200 bt offering was graciously accepted.

I also have never been able to give a bribe in Thailand. I have tried many times in Pattaya but they decline. As for here in the upcountry the police rarely stop me, and when they do, they never ask for anything. The worst I can expect is a humiliating hug from the cop in return for letting me off scott free.

As I understand Thai culture, for another adult male to touch you is a sign of his 'social superiority', and a way of publicizing that he is acting as the big brother or benefactor. (Normally only old men give me hugs, walk arm in arm with me, etc - for example, my very aged landlord).

That said I was breathalized in Korat, which was scary.

Tratnguyen1
11-23-09, 10:47
Gents;

I have traveled to Bangkok 5 consecutives long trips for the sake of good time mongering. I have Not traveled to P. I. For this purpose and Maybe Not attempted to Do so. The last trip in Nov. 2008 was caused me some unsecure and displeasure because the closure airports by the PAD yellow shirts people.

However, I still come to BKK. This year and Why is the reason?

The main reason that I always feel at ease and enjoyable with BKK scene just an awesome feeling Free to have a great time that to be in BKK.

Of course, Thailand is No longer a cheap place to visit and P. I. Maybe a more cost affective.

The Bangkok city has now a much better improvements with public transportations on top of inexpensive Taxis.

BKK hotels are plenty and reasonnable rates.

These are a few more reasons keeping Me come back Bangkok

Rjsss212
11-23-09, 14:16
Here's another link -golfasian.com.

Let me know when you going to be in BKK, maybe we'll tee it up. I should be there mid-December through mid-january.

Great suggestions.

Thanks

IrishLager
11-23-09, 17:51
Is there a cap on how much cash you can bring into Thailand from the US? I looked around online and couldn't find anything. I know it's USD $10,000 coming back into the US, but couldn't find anything on outbound flights.

Rjsss212
11-23-09, 17:56
Log onto US Customs and Border Patrol. Youll find it all there.

Is there a cap on how much cash you can bring into Thailand from the US? I looked around online and couldn't find anything. I know it's USD $10,000 coming back into the US, but couldn't find anything on outbound flights.

LittleBigMan
11-24-09, 01:29

10,000 too!

Pita123
11-24-09, 05:36
10,000 too!
Not sure that is a limit. I think that is just a level at which you must make a declaration.

Daddy07
11-24-09, 08:13
Here's another good tipping story for your "Tipping" thread, Nic Frenchy ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6637437/Couple-arrested-over-theft-for-refusing-to-tip-in-restaurant.html

So don't forget to tip ... you might end up behind bars.

NicFrenchy
11-24-09, 09:42
So don't forget to tip ... you might end up behind bars.

Only in silly America....

Sammon
11-24-09, 14:38
Nobody really checks how much cash you bring to other countries. But it is an internationally accepted cap of $10,000 cash.
Sometimes outgoing flights from US you have some guys from homeland security asking questions just before you board the plane. They do not do a thorough check unless they suspect you of doing illegal activities.

The Pro
11-24-09, 14:58
each country sets its own limits, and it is not a limit that you cannot take over, it is a limit at which you must declare you have it on your person when you enter the country. it is not "cash" either, it is cash or financial instruments to the value of. eg you must add up travellers cheques value, and cash etc. and that is the total you are carrying.

eg.

singapore the declaration limit is 30,000 singapore dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (eg circa 21. 5k us$), above this you must declare.

thailand the declaration limit is 10,000 us$ or equivalent, above which you must declare it.

failure to declare can lead to confirep001ion, imprisonment and other such nice things, so do not "play with fire".

nobody really checks how much cash you bring to other countries. but it is an internationally accepted cap of $10,000 cash.
sometimes outgoing flights from us you have some guys from homeland security asking questions just before you board the plane. they do not do a thorough check unless they suspect you of doing illegal activities.

Ebauche
11-24-09, 15:38
Not sure that is a limit. I think that is just a level at which you must make a declaration.
Correct. We have a winner.

LittleBigMan
11-24-09, 15:52
Level, cap, Limit, it's all the same.

LBM

Rjsss212
11-24-09, 18:36
Try this. Its the Royal Thai Consulate General in LA. This ia a little too important to leave it to hearsay:
http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-index.htm

Pita123
11-24-09, 20:38
Level, cap, Limit, it's all the same.

LBM

How is it the same? A cap or limit implies that you cannot bring in more than that level. What I'm saying is that you are free to bring in more, but you need to declare it when bringing it in. This may lead to some official questions as to the purpose of the money. It may, unofficially, also lead to someone tipping off someone else to follow you and mug you. But you are allowed to bring it in.

The Scout
11-27-09, 17:59
@Scout

your external link doesnt workOkay, here's the link to paste into your browser to see the USB dongle
*******.com/yd5tpg3

LittleBigMan
11-28-09, 13:44
How is it the same? A cap or limit implies that you cannot bring in more than that level. What I'm saying is that you are free to bring in more, but you need to declare it when bringing it in. This may lead to some official questions as to the purpose of the money. It may, unofficially, also lead to someone tipping off someone else to follow you and mug you. But you are allowed to bring it in.

You're being a pain in the ass! You got nothing better to debate about than cap, limit, and level. Who cares just make sure you bring in enough to have a good time. As far as I'm concern it's the same and there's nothing you can say or debate that's going to change my mind. You want to bring in more put 10,000 in one pocket and another 10,000 in the other. See the point that I'm making?

LBM

Ebauche
11-28-09, 17:15
You're being a pain in the ass! You got nothing better to debate about than cap, limit, and level. Who cares just make sure you bring in enough to have a good time. As far as I'm concern it's the same and there's nothing you can say or debate that's going to change my mind. You want to bring in more put 10,000 in one pocket and another 10,000 in the other. See the point that I'm making?

LBM
Sigh. You CAN legally transport more money, the distinction being that over a certain LEVEL/AMOUNT you must report the "transaction" to the authorities(the fact you are transporting cash and/or cash-like securities over a certain value.)

Pita123
11-28-09, 23:33

LBMThe point that you are making is that you have no idea what you are talking about and could care less about the actual answer to the question that was asked. The poster didn't ask whether your simple mind cares about how much money they bring in but rather whether the authorities that have some actual power care. The last thing I give a rat's ass about is changing your mind. I do, however, think my TGF may still have some English lesson credits she didn't use. Perhaps you'd like to use them to learn the difference between various words in the English language.

LittleBigMan
11-29-09, 03:41
Is there a cap on how much cash you can bring into Thailand from the US? I looked around online and couldn't find anything. I know it's USD $10,000 coming back into the US, but couldn't find anything on outbound flights.Pita123,

Look at the question it is simple and short! it was followed by many simple and short answers but for whatever reason you wanted to be so technical that you took a simple short remark from me regarding levels caps, and turn it into something like it's going to be life or death situation!

The remark was a simple joke! Maybe the only way your simple uptight ass is going to get anything is for me to use " smiley faces " even then your uptight ass still might not get it!

As for having a few English leason left for your TGF, don't waste it on me! I suggest you credit them and find a place to get your colon clean so your uptight got to be 100% definitively technical correct all the time will help you relax some.

Do me a favor put me on " Ignore " so I wouldn't get your uptight ass so upset over a simple remark! Meantime take this with you since I know your uptight ass will know the difference when it comes to these few simple words in the English language since you want to get personal! " Fuck you "

LBM

Cunning Stunt
11-29-09, 04:17
Pita123,

'simple uptight ass' 'your uptight ass'

'your colon clean' 'uptight' 'your uptight ass' 'your uptight ass' Rather too many masculine ass and uptight references there, mate, don't you think?

People might start getting the wrong idea about you.

JohnnyBraz
11-29-09, 04:27
Only in silly America.Very true. A tip should be included in the display price. Ie. $6 dollars. If people wish to tip it is down to them. The worst I have ever seen regarding tiping. Is when I was in Rio. I was leaving shenenigans in ipenema (Rio de janeiro). After paying about 10 us dollars per jack daniels and coke. I had paid my bill and was leaving walking down the stairs with 2 hot brazilian women that I was going for a 3some with. The security stop me by the door and pull out a sign saying tips for security please. I simply smiled and said no obrigado. No thanks. I will tip if some service has been better than it should B. But not everywhere I go.

Daddy07
11-29-09, 05:59
Pita123,... since you want to get personal! " Fuck you "

LBM

OK, I think you guys have just about reached the limit with these insults ...

... or is it the cap?

Pita123
11-29-09, 06:41
" Fuck you "

You're not really my type, but thanks for the offer.

LittleBigMan
11-29-09, 16:12
Rather too many masculine ass and uptight references there, mate, don't you think?

People might start getting the wrong idea about you;).

Now looking back I was a little uptight myself in writing my response! Should have kept it at a specific level, place a limit on the " uptight ass " catagory and in the end just cap my remarks!

Thanks for bringing me back to earth fellas! LBM

Tratnguyen1
11-30-09, 06:12
Gents;

The Nov. 2009 trip came to end after a two weeks Dream living in the BKK p4p scene lower soi Sukhumvit.

This is my 5th. Consecutive trip to BKK dating back 2007.

The only last trip in Nov, 2008 was totally disaster at the end when the PAD yellow shirts Close both Airports in BKK.

However, this year everything went smoothly and pleasant BKK at all aspect.

The slow economy takes a major affect from the hotel occupancy to the nightly crowd at NEP and soi Cowboy.

However, the Rainbows were still hold very well customers almost pack at everynight. The BF were still at 600baht.

Their ST. Is 2000 baht and LT is 4000 baht which were high comparing to others at 1500baht and 3000 baht.

The Japanese mongers are the Big customers in there and totally enjoy their strong Yen at the moment.

The USD is a weak exchage in the range 32.5 baht.

The BKK entertainments atmosphere were still the Same The new bar, Strikers, is on soi4 across Nana hotel, a decent clean and very good beer price on happy hour.

Nocal
12-02-09, 10:57
was shopping in panthip plaza yesterday and saw a usb broadband internet card for a promotional rate of $1300 baht for 60 hours which seemed like a decent price. the lady there told me speed was approx 180k , and could be used all over the country .

i have never seen one here before, and am assuming this works similar to the broadband air cards in the states and europe from the cell providers.

anyone have any experiences , good or bad?

Dveight
12-02-09, 11:06
was shopping in panthip plaza yesterday and saw a usb broadband internet card for a promotional rate of $1300 baht for 60 hours which seemed like a decent price. the lady there told me speed was approx 180k , and could be used all over the country .

i have never seen one here before, and am assuming this works similar to the broadband air cards in the states and europe from the cell providers.

anyone have any experiences , good or bad?i have one, they are so slow. it makes me want to stab my eyes out from the pain of watching each screen load. the only thing it is good for is the airport. it does work pretty much anywhere.

normally i use a dtech prepaid card, 50thb for 3 hours. so your rates are either not bad if it comes with the card, or horrible if that price is for just the airtime.

The Pro
12-02-09, 13:51
its edge (which is 2.5g).

speed is about the same as 56k dial up.

true are doing 3g trials in bangkok, but outside of those area's you are limited to 2.5g only.

you can buy a card from ais or dtac.

ais is better if you are roaming to far off places, if you stay in the touristy places the ais or dtac is ok.

ais do and "internet sim" as do dtac.

some links :

http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/internet-sim/

http://www.thailandguru.com/internet-thailand-adsl-broadband-high-speed.html

NicFrenchy
12-02-09, 20:39
look, No need for a stupid air card or usb, nowadays most phones have modem capabilities.
Just change the SIM on your mobile when in Thailand, get AIS as they have promotions all the time (I believe now 20 hours GPRS use is 99thb).

Connect your Mobile to your Laptop via USB cable (usually comes with the phone) and voila... you are connected!

El Vagabundo
12-02-09, 23:06
After a hard year of screwing off, eating, fucking, drinking and all around debauchery I am due for my yearly vacation. I decided this year 6 weeks of motorcycling around the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Good mongering requires one to be in tip top condition and I am certainly not. I would like to spend 2 weeks of my vacation in a health spa. I figure that is just what I need to kick the year off right. Does anyone have any information on spas/programs in either Thailand or the Philippines, like a "Fat Farm" I can attend? Any help is as always appreciated.

Martin from Cartagena

Pita123
12-03-09, 00:15
look, No need for a stupid air card or usb, nowadays most phones have modem capabilities.
Just change the SIM on your mobile when in Thailand, get AIS as they have promotions all the time (I believe now 20 hours GPRS use is 99thb).

Connect your Mobile to your Laptop via USB cable (usually comes with the phone) and voila... you are connected!

This is key. Otherwise you too may end up with a 130K baht phone bill. :(

BionicMan
12-03-09, 01:35

usb 'cards' are widely launcehd in europe by any provider.
i am not entering the rate debate as it requires a full isg size forum itself. but some providers do sell the usb connector at a price around 70€ then you buy the contract with a sim to be isnerted in the usb stick.
it is just a different tool from the prevìous generations of pc cards. so they are going to replace those cards.
a quite common rates are 20€ for 100 monthly hrs of internet connection in your own country (by slots of 15 min, so if you switch off at the 17th minute it is like you consumed 30 min.

The Pro
12-04-09, 01:40
But, it will not get you the best package.

Which is why the likes of AIS has an "Internet Sim".

You buy and Internet Sim for a few baht and put it into you USB Dongle, you get the cheapest and largest package for Internet but standard calls are expensive.

Then you have a normal Sim in your phone which is more expensive for Internet (but you are not using it) and gives the cheap rate for normal calls.

Best of "both worlds".

Connect your Mobile to your Laptop via USB cable (usually comes with the phone) and voila. You are connected!

The Scout
12-04-09, 08:33

see coverage areas here

my speed tests
http://www.speedtest.net/result/627225958.pngmy truemove 3g card works outside of patong. it works down in kata and it's not listed on the site as a coverage area. still getting the same speeds as before. working for the beach is pretty sweet! can't wait to see if this works in pattaya and jomtien.

http://speedtest.ookla.com/result/697151679.png

after the official launch of 3g in thailand i'd expect to see them put 'limited transfers' (1-2 gigs a month) with overage fees similar to cambodia, especially if they're only charging 599 baht per month.

i haven't used my shitty unreliable tot adsl since i got this sim card. i'm thining of using it in my phone soon (instead of ais 12call) for phone calls, sms, 3g, and then tether my phone to my netbook as a modem.

Redfield10
12-04-09, 08:34
I want to use my "old" edge network iphone in Thailand. I took it with me in October and the wireless generally worked, but I didn't unlock the phone or get a SIM card or anything.

Is it possible to get my old phone unlocked so I can buy a SIM card once I arrive in Thailand (or can I buy one here?). So I can use my iphone in Thailand with a SIM # there. And still have the wirless internet surfing capacity? P.S. When I went to Thailand a few months ago, the wireless internet on this phone worked fine, but, since I left my new 3G phone home, of course, the phone service wasn't hooked up on the old phone so I had no phone service.

I'm thinking using a SIM card on the old phone and having it unlocked is better than taking my new phone and risk losing it and also having to pay for some sort of international plan and roaming plan for internet usage which would get expensive, right?

If it is a good idea to get it unlocked, is that something I should do in Thailand or here? Thanks for the responses. I'm not too up on these things.

I just want a phone to use while in Thailand and if I can surf wireless, too, with the old iphone and put a sim in it. Why not?

One Eyed Man
12-04-09, 12:09
I want to use my "old" edge network iphone in Thailand. I took it with me in October and the wireless generally worked, but I didn't unlock the phone or get a SIM card or anything.

Try this link. I successfully unlocked my old iPhone and now use it in China. It's written for the Mac, but the PC version of the SW should work the same way.

http://www. iclarified .com/entry/index.php?enid=1557

Normad2020
12-05-09, 05:55
Dear All,

My friends and I will be taking a 2-week vacation in Pattaya and Bangkok beginning 8 Dec 2009. Since we will be in the country for 2 weeks, we would like to obtain Thailand Pre-paid mobile lines.

Our questions are:

(1) which mobile service provider has the widest coverage with good signal?

(2) which telecommunication shop in Pattaya (our first destination) would you recommend us to go OR should we just purchase them at Bangkok International airport?

(3) usually what is the minimum credit limit allow?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Cheers
normad2020

ThaiLearner
12-05-09, 09:07
Dear All,

My friends and I will be taking a 2-week vacation in Pattaya and Bangkok beginning 8 Dec 2009. Since we will be in the country for 2 weeks, we would like to obtain Thailand Pre-paid mobile lines.

Our questions are:

(2) which telecommunication shop in Pattaya (our first destination) would you recommend us to go OR should we just purchase them at Bangkok International airport?

Cheers
normad2020

I normally get mine from a stand at the aiport I use 12call never had any problems you can also them at the 7/11s

The Pro
12-05-09, 09:56
On the ATM charges, it seems the only reliable one is Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsiri), the Yellow ATM's.

All machines are now either free with 0 charge, or 15 baht.

No Yellow ones I have found in various places and cities are the old 150 baht charge.

However, all the other banks, including SCB who said they were going to 15 baht, that I have tried still have 150 baht charges.

Use the Yellow ones with your Visa DEBIT (not credit) card.

El Greco
12-05-09, 16:06
Dear All,

Our questions are:

Cheers
normad2020

1-2-call sim card is my answer from any 7-11 or Family Mart mini store. 50 baht sim card if you are not going to use it again otherwise buy the 300 baht one that lasts for one year without charging it.

Buy 300 baht air time. Use 09 (or is it 9 i forget. Ask the sales person for that) before the country code for very cheap international calls as well. Very cheap beleive me. Don't think of using your country's sim card for your calls back home. 1-2-call is the cheapest way using the prefix above.

My two baht.

Goyave
12-05-09, 18:58
... Use 09 (or is it 9 i forget. Ask the sales person for that) before the country code for very cheap international calls as well...

It's 009 (before the country code) actually.

Member #4698
12-05-09, 19:36
1-2-call sim card is my answer [get it] from any 7-11 or Family Mart mini store. Don't think of using your country's sim card for your calls back home. 1-2-call is the cheapest way using the prefix [009] above. My two baht.One of the first things I do when I land in BKK is buy a local sim card at 7-11. It serves as your local phone number to give to girls you are interested in seeing again. They love to call and make dates.

For long distance, I also recommend Skype. If you have a netbook with you, all Skype to Skype video calls are free. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Calling friends on Skype while a sexy Thai girl is parading around your hotel room semi-nude giving you kisses and what not says it all!

Further
12-06-09, 15:02
i've visited los twice, hua hin seems to fit my criteria for a long term (1+ years) stay. i'd like to know if i missed other towns in my not so thorough research. i visited bangkok & pattaya on the first trip (this was before i knew that long term exposure to air pollution made me sick), phuket island (including phuket town), krabi and hua hin on the second one during last august.

my criteria:

low air pollution. this is #1 - big city 3rd world polluted air gives me respiratory illnesses. northern thailand and bangkok are out.

not a sex tourist disneyland. pattaya was fun for 3 nites on my first trip, i was sick of phuket after 1 nite on the last trip.

a bar girl area aimed at foreign customers.

enough foreign tourism infrastructure that i can: 1) satisfy some decent quality western food cravings, and 2) not too much trouble finding locals who speak english well enough to transact non-trivial purchases or arangements (like leaseing a place or buying a motorcycle).

enough apartment / condo rental stock that i'll have a choice of places within any specific price range, assuming i don't arrive just before or during the peak tourist season.

dsl speed bandwith or higher. american cable channels or english language dvds easily available.

Member #4698
12-06-09, 20:15
my criteria:

low air pollution.

not a sex tourist disneyland.

a bar girl area aimed at foreign customers. enough foreign tourism infrastructures that i can:

1) satisfy some decent quality western food cravings

2) not too much trouble finding locals who speak english.

enough apartment / condo rental stock that i'll have a choice of places within any specific price range.

dsl speed bandwidth or higher.

american cable channels or english language dvds easily available.hey further, you don't ask for much do you? nevertheless, i've got one city that matches all your requirements: hong kong.

Normad2020
12-07-09, 02:58
Thanks Mate....much obliged.

Just a question, if I need to call the local girl's mobile number I just dial direct? Example 081288****?

Tomorrow I will be in Pattaya.......Adult Disneyland here I cum !!!!!

Cheers
normad2020

1-2-call sim card is my answer from any 7-11 or Family Mart mini store. 50 baht sim card if you are not going to use it again otherwise buy the 300 baht one that lasts for one year without charging it.

Buy 300 baht air time. Use 09 (or is it 9 i forget. Ask the sales person for that) before the country code for very cheap international calls as well. Very cheap beleive me. Don't think of using your country's sim card for your calls back home. 1-2-call is the cheapest way using the prefix above.

My two baht.

Normad2020
12-07-09, 03:04
Much obliged for the advise.

Will be in Pattaya tomorrow.....can't wait.....

Cheers
normad2020

I normally get mine from a stand at the aiport I use 12call never had any problems you can also them at the 7/11s

Goyave
12-07-09, 03:13
... Just a question, if I need to call the local girl's mobile number I just dial direct? Example 081288****?

Once you're in the LOS, yes.

Goyave
12-07-09, 03:29
i've visited los twice, hua hin seems to fit my criteria for a long term (1+ years) stay. i'd like to know if i missed other towns in my not so thorough research. i visited bangkok & pattaya on the first trip (this was before i knew that long term exposure to air pollution made me sick), phuket island (including phuket town), krabi and hua hin on the second one during last august.

my criteria:

low air pollution. this is #1 - big city 3rd world polluted air gives me respiratory illnesses. northern thailand and bangkok are out.

not a sex tourist disneyland. pattaya was fun for 3 nites on my first trip, i was sick of phuket after 1 nite on the last trip.

a bar girl area aimed at foreign customers.

enough foreign tourism infrastructure that i can: 1) satisfy some decent quality western food cravings, and 2) not too much trouble finding locals who speak english well enough to transact non-trivial purchases or arangements (like leaseing a place or buying a motorcycle).

enough apartment / condo rental stock that i'll have a choice of places within any specific price range, assuming i don't arrive just before or during the peak tourist season.

dsl speed bandwith or higher. american cable channels or english language dvds easily available.

indeed, hua hin seems to fit your criteria. maybe koh samui too even if dsl speed bandwidth might be relatively expensive in some remote areas, it can usually be had at a reasonable price almost everywhere else on the island.

Jeff46
12-07-09, 15:28
It's 009 (before the country code) actually.I got this as promotion till 31 DEC. 0050+ country etc. 18 minutes to switzerland 100 baht today.

Daddy San
12-07-09, 16:38
Low air pollution. This is #1 - big city 3rd world polluted air gives me respiratory illnesses. Northern thailand and Bangkok are out.

Polution in BKK I understand, but polution in Northern Thailand?

Member #4698
12-08-09, 00:39
Pollution in BKK I understand, but pollution in Northern Thailand?Yes, air quality is very bad. I was there last February. I rented a car and did the Chiang Mai. Mae Hong Son circuit for a couple of weeks. The farmers illegally burn off their fields at this time of the year. The resulting smog and pollution cloud out the sun! You can't get a clear photograph of Doi Suthep. Some newspaper editorials complain about it and ask why the police refuse to enforce the law.

After Chiang Mai, I travelled to Siem Reap and saw blue skies and the sun! Far less pollution in Angkor! More people should be outraged.

Further
12-08-09, 00:41
Polution in BKK I understand, but polution in Northern Thailand?It's smoke, not industrial air pollution. This quote explains it:

The dry season is when many hilltribes have traditionally cleared patches of forest for cultivation, but this is now exaccerbated by burning initiated by lowland communities and some agricultural buring. Additionally, many more, similar fires are burning in the surrounding countries.

I've not been to the north, I've only seen the Thai's governmen'ts air pollution measurements. http://www.Pcd.go.th The particulate matter is bad during the dry season.

Daddy San
12-08-09, 17:47
I understand now.
I spent 2 weeks in Northern Thailand 2 years ago, but never noticed the smoke.
After BKK, it was pure country air!
But then I had a TGF with me, who kept my mind occupied with other things -:)

BionicMan
12-09-09, 07:45
For long distance, I also recommend Skype. If you have a netbook with you, all Skype to Skype video calls are free. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Calling friends on Skype while a sexy Thai girl is parading around your hotel room semi-nude giving you kisses and what not says it all!

...as long as you do not forget the girl is parading around, even dressed, when you video call your wife! LOL
That cheap video call will cost you a fortune! :)

Member #4698
12-10-09, 01:33
...as long as you do not forget the girl is parading around, even dressed, when you video call your wife! LOL

That cheap video call will cost you a fortune! :)I won't say I have never been so inebriated that this couldn’t have happened in a past life, but the chances are absolute zero, that I would do something this dumb in this lifetime.

A far greater risk is if while conferencing a friend, HIS GIRFRIEND wanders into the room and sees what you are up to. It pisses her off and SHE tells your girlfriend/wife the lowdown. You come home and the get the big bada big boom! If this should happen, all I can say is I hope the Thai girl was hot and sexy i.e. it was worthwhile.

The Pro
12-11-09, 09:51
Seen lots of questions and posts about setting up a local bank account in the past.

If you are a regular tourist then it makes sense, as you can use Internet banking from anywhere in the world, you can transfer money in from home and then withdraw with your local ATM card whilst on holiday etc.

(Just remember to send money in your currency and let Bangkok Bank change it when it arrives. Never get your local bank to change the money and send Thai baht. Or you will get a bad exchange rate due to THO and THB differences (thats Thai Baht Overseas and Thailand Baht Onshore))

It avoids the hassles of Visa Debt/Credit card charges, having to carry amounts of foreign currency or trouble with TC's etc.

Bangkok Bank has now a nice English language brochure detailing all the options available to those with work permits, long stay, tourists etc. And I have scanned a couple of pages for peoples info.

Link is below which will go to the webpage with it on, and you can save the jpg file and then zoom on it:

http://yfrog.com/1454690758j

Pita123
12-11-09, 21:08
If you are a regular tourist then it makes sense, as you can use Internet banking from anywhere in the world, you can transfer money in from home and then withdraw with your local ATM card whilst on holiday etc.

Actually, the brochure you scanned says that tourists can't use Internet Banking.

The Pro
12-12-09, 05:32
Actually, the brochure you scanned says that tourists can't use Internet Banking.Yes, but once the account is set up, they do not deny people the Internet banking.

All you need is an "address in Thailand" to get Ibanking set up.

EG Apartment xxx, xxx Condo etc..

Away you go, nothing is via post then, everything is done over Ibanking.

M P Lurker
12-12-09, 05:53
Seen lots of questions and posts about setting up a local bank account in the past.

(Just remember to send money in your currency and let Bangkok Bank change it when it arrives. Never get your local bank to change the money and send Thai baht. Or you will get a bad exchange rate due to THO and THB differences (thats Thai Baht Overseas and Thailand Baht Onshore))

It avoids the hassles of Visa Debt/Credit card charges, having to carry amounts of foreign currency or trouble with TC's etc.

Bangkok Bank has now a nice English language brochure detailing all the options available to those with work permits, long stay, tourists etc. And I have scanned a couple of pages for peoples info.

Link is below which will go to the webpage with it on, and you can save the jpg file and then zoom on it:

http://yfrog.com/1454690758j

Fortunately I opened a Bangkok Bank account years ago.
But they do not provide me with internet banking. I can of course use internet banking on foreign bank to transfer money into my thai account.

Now its not easy for a tourist. You are required to have a work visa for Thailand I believe, to be able to open a bank account in Thailand. But someone please correct me if I am wrong. My info could be a few months out of date.

I do agree with one thing. Don't change your foreign currency to Thai Baht overseas. You will get ripped off very badly. This applies to transfers too.
Transfer in your foreign currency and conversion to Baht can happen in Thailand at a much better rate.

NicFrenchy
12-12-09, 07:37
Actually, the brochure you scanned says that tourists can't use Internet Banking.

That is obvious... you need a Visa + Work Permit for that... go figure.

Friar Tuck
12-12-09, 08:41
Can anyone assist with yacht berthing/marina's on the CP river.

I have searched on the internet, unsuccessfully to date.

Also, are there any marina's outside Phuket town area?

Thanks in advance guys. And girls?

Hmmnn, wonder how many members are female?

Tuck

The Pro
12-12-09, 08:46
That is obvious. You need a Visa + Work Permit for that. Go figure.Wrong, all you need for Internet Banking is a local Thai address. EG a condo, apartment, house, girlfriends house etc.

From the brochure you can see that Long Stay Foreigners can use internet banking.

No need for a work permit, thats nonsense and rubbish.

Tourists can use Internet Banking, all you need is to set up your account, use a local address, next time you visit go there (not on your first trip) and ask them to set you up with Internet Banking. Its easy and I know loads of people who have done it.

El Greco
12-13-09, 01:56
Now its not easy for a tourist. You are required to have a work visa for Thailand I believe, to be able to open a bank account in Thailand. But someone please correct me if I am wrong. My info could be a few months out of date.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=963389#post963389

I recently opened an account in about 15 minutes. With internet banking.

Daddy07
12-13-09, 02:25
That is obvious... you need a Visa + Work Permit for that... go figure.
Yes, I believe you do need a long term visa, but not necessarily a work permit. (I don't have a work permit, but do have a retirement visa and am allowed internet banking, which is great for paying telephone, internet, and sattellite dish services.

A tourist on a 30 day entry visa can open a bank account for 200 baht using his hotel as proof of residence. He must go to immigration and get a residence certificate with a photo to submit to the bank.

The convenience of an ATM card alone is worth having a Thai bank account, and you don't need internet banking in order to wire funds from your home country account to your Thai bank.

Crazy4Thai
12-13-09, 02:46

Tuck

Phuket has 4 western style marinas.
Yacht Haven
Boat Lagoon
Royal Phuket
Ao Po

CP River - zero. I would imaging berthing would require some inside knowledge, a local contact of some sort. It certainly would not be for me.
There is also a marina at Pattaya now.

You are aware that there are 2 different coasts that are many many miles apart by water, right? Phuket on the Andaman, Pattaya on the Gulf.

c4t

Tiger 888
12-13-09, 04:19
Yes, I believe you do need a long term visa, but not necessarily a work permit. (I don't have a work permit, but do have a retirement visa and am allowed internet banking, which is great for paying telephone, internet, and sattellite dish services.

A tourist on a 30 day entry visa can open a bank account for 200 baht using his hotel as proof of residence. He must go to immigration and get a residence certificate with a photo to submit to the bank.

The convenience of an ATM card alone is worth having a Thai bank account, and you don't need internet banking in order to wire funds from your home country account to your Thai bank.Different banks handle that in a different way. With Kasikorn Bank you can get internet banking instantly and don't need anything but your passport and a Thai address (Hotel will be fine). You will also need a Thai mobile number (preferably with roaming enabled when you are outside Thailand) to receive one time pins by SMS (needed to transfer funds to third parties).

Friar Tuck
12-13-09, 08:42
Phuket has 4 western style marinas.

Yacht Haven

Boat Lagoon

Royal Phuket

Ao Po

CP River. Zero. I would imaging berthing would require some inside knowledge, a local contact of some sort. It certainly would not be for me.

There is also a marina at Pattaya now.

You are aware that there are 2 different coasts that are many many miles apart by water, right? Phuket on the Andaman, Pattaya on the Gulf.

C4tThanks,

Yes I am aware of the Malay Peninsula getting in the way..

I am going to ship my boat over, basically decided on phuket, but was unsure what BKK offered.

Trying to save time on my Feb scouting mission, don't want to cut too deeply into the mongering time.

Much appreciate your input.

Tuck

Stiffoak 571
12-13-09, 09:22
I have an interview for a job in Bangkok. Sadly 1st interview is in UK so no trip yet!

But what should I ask about life in BKK to sound clued up. I don't know yet what salary will be and there is some sort of accommodation provided but no idea what or where.

Clearly I won't be talking about Nana/Cowboy and the difference between oily/soapy!

The Pro
12-13-09, 10:32
Different banks handle that in a different way. With Kasikorn Bank you can get internet banking instantly and don't need anything but your passport and a Thai address (Hotel will be fine). You will also need a Thai mobile number (preferably with roaming enabled when you are outside Thailand) to receive one time pins by SMS (needed to transfer funds to third parties).Exactly, we have too many people who know nothing saying you need work permits or residance certificates. You do not..

The rules are there as per the info posted on the BB pamphlet.

HOWEVER, most bank staff do not give a flying monkey and will let anyone open an account with internet banking with just a passport and some money and a hotel address.

Daddy07
12-13-09, 11:00
I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but my admiration for Tiger Woods has not diminished one little bit since I’ve found out he’s one of our own in the magnificent hobby. In fact, it has probably grown exponentially considering the balls the man must possess to have thought for one second that he could get away with all that mongering without getting caught. (You ‘da man, Tiger !!! In the hole !!! In the hole !!! )

Of course, I do have a slight problem with the fact that he over paid, tipped too much, and the inflationary effect that might have on the p4p market. The latest news reveals that he often paid $10,000 USD per night, and as much as $50,000 for a weekend – per girl – for as many as four or more at a time. And all these bimbo’s, so far as I can tell, are no better looking for sure than the puppies I’m enjoying for $15 a pop.

We’re told that he likes to go bareback as well – just doesn’t like condoms. I understand that. Like I said, the guy has balls, doesn’t he? Who would have thought that a man showing such impeccable judgment on the golf course could display such dismal decision making off it? Just one more case of the little head taking over for the big one, I reckon.

Well, I feel sorry for him and wish it never had happened. Now Tiger says he’s going to take an indefinite hiatus from golf. Shit !!! I won’t even watch tournaments unless he’s playing. I’m selfish. I want him back now!

Why can’t a married man have a little fun now and then without the whole world crushing down on him?

Kiwi 69
12-14-09, 00:06
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my admiration for Tiger Woods has not diminished one little bit since I've found out he's one of our own in the magnificent hobby. In fact, it has probably grown exponentially considering the balls the man must possess to have thought for one second that he could get away with all that mongering without getting caught. (You 'da man, Tiger! In the hole! In the hole!)

Of course, I do have a slight problem with the fact that he over paid, tipped too much, and the inflationary effect that might have on the p4p market. The latest news reveals that he often paid $10, 000 USD per night, and as much as $50, 000 for a weekend – per girl – for as many as four or more at a time. And all these bimbo's, so far as I can tell, are no better looking for sure than the puppies I'm enjoying for $15 a pop.

We're told that he likes to go bareback as well – just doesn't like condoms. I understand that. Like I said, the guy has balls, doesn't he? Who would have thought that a man showing such impeccable judgment on the golf course could display such dismal decision making off it? Just one more case of the little head taking over for the big one, I reckon.

Well, I feel sorry for him and wish it never had happened. Now Tiger says he's going to take an indefinite hiatus from golf. Shit! I won't even watch tournaments unless he's playing. I'm selfish. I want him back now!

Why can't a married man have a little fun now and then without the whole world crushing down on him?Well said! IMHO his real mistake was getting married (unless he has a REALLY WATERTIGHT pre nup!) with outside of golf interests such as these.

The old proverb applies

" If it flies, floats or fucks, rent it! "

Although it seems that in this instance he got bitten!

NicFrenchy
12-14-09, 02:35
Exactly, we have too many people who know nothing saying you need work permits or residance certificates. You do not..

The Pro,

YEs, you do know everything, we know that.
Now how would you explain why they asked me for my work permit for subscribing to internet banking? Maybe you work in a bank?

Surely if your knowledge of Banks is the same as your P4P knowledge, then you won't mind if I seek a second opinion?

NicFrenchy
12-14-09, 02:43
Well, I feel sorry for him and wish it never had happened. Now Tiger says he’s going to take an indefinite hiatus from golf. Shit !!! I won’t even watch tournaments unless he’s playing. I’m selfish. I want him back now!

Fuck Tiger woods. Why feel sorry for him? he played and got screwed, now he has to live with the consequences of what he's done.

Cunning Stunt
12-14-09, 03:54
The whole media feeding frenzy surrounding Tiger is nearly as funny as that when Hugh Grant was caught been given a in-car BJ by a $20 dollar crack ho:D.

What did Woods wife expect for fuck sake? His mix of African American and Thai hardly holds out a lot of hope for marital fidelity.

Further
12-14-09, 10:09
Well said! IMHO his real mistake was getting married (unless he has a REALLY WATERTIGHT pre nup!) with outside of golf interests such as these.Wife & kids gives him an image companies want for a spokesman plus they give him stability in his life that probably makes his golf better. Or at least doesn't diminish it. Between endorsements, appearance fees, tournament winnings, bonus and course design fees he has earned $ 1 Billion.

There are only two brass rings left in golf for him. Career leader on number of majors won and all four majors in a single season. If the current shit hitting the fan tarnishes his image sufficiently, the public, media and sponsors will pay much less attention to him when he returns to golf. Which will make golfing easier for him as he closes in on Jack's record. Cracy like a fox or just another guy who let the little head make his decisions?

BionicMan
12-14-09, 15:06

Tuck
Malay's friends of mine having yacht confirmed me that certain areas of the malay coast are quite dangerous in terms of mdoern pirates.
Just my penny for the thoughts.

The Pro
12-15-09, 04:02
A useful site for people with European credit cards, to work out what exchange rate you will get charged on any visa credit card purchases in Thailand or other countries.

Just fill in your card currency, the currency of the charge, the charge amount and the date of the charge and it will give you a "rough" estimate of the exchange rate your purchase will be converted at.

http://www.visaeurope.com/fxcalculator/main.jsp

Dinghy
12-15-09, 04:46
Tiger only wants a hole in one at a time :) The latest joke was if he plays the front nine and then follows with the back nine? He's 1/2 THAI what do you expect?

Redfield10
12-15-09, 06:57
We all know whose fault this Tiger thing was.

It was George Bush's fault.

Tiger only wants a hole in one at a time :) The latest joke was if he plays the front nine and then follows with the back nine? He's 1/2 THAI what do you expect?

Goyave
12-15-09, 07:56
Why can’t a married man have a little fun now and then without the whole world crushing down on him?

Not the whole world, IMHO... If this story had happened in France (for instance), it would (almost) have been a non-event... Most of the Frogs are probably just amused and think that Tiger Wood's adultery is not a big deal, but they are also certainly amazed by all the fuss this story generates in the US of A, and that's why it has also made the headlines for a few days on French news; in France, (almost) nobody would give a damn about Tiger Wood's cheating on his wife, but (almost) everybody is laughing about the consequences this story has in the US of A.

Member #2041
12-16-09, 05:32
What's the difference between a golf ball and a Cadillac Escalade?

........Tiger can drive a golf ball 350 yards.

Opebo
12-16-09, 08:52
Fuck Tiger woods. Why feel sorry for him? he played and got screwed, now he has to live with the consequences of what he's done.

Because the fact that there are any consequences to that sort of behavior is testimony to the illness of our sick, sad society. Ole Fatty Mama is chewing up poor Tiger. Why? Simply because he has balls.

White Whale
12-17-09, 16:27
What's the difference between a golf ball and a Cadillac Escalade?

........Tiger can drive a golf ball 350 yards.

In spirit of X-mas: What is difference between Santa Clause and Tiger Woods?

Answer: Santa stops after third Ho...

Kiwi 69
12-20-09, 02:44
Wife & kids gives him an image companies want for a spokesman plus they give him stability in his life that probably makes his golf better. Or at least doesn't diminish it. Between endorsements, appearance fees, tournament winnings, bonus and course design fees he has earned $ 1 Billion.

There are only two brass rings left in golf for him. Career leader on number of majors won and all four majors in a single season. If the current shit hitting the fan tarnishes his image sufficiently, the public, media and sponsors will pay much less attention to him when he returns to golf. Which will make golfing easier for him as he closes in on Jack's record. Cracy like a fox or just another guy who let the little head make his decisions?I remember a friend who follows golf making a comment to the effect that " Tiger's game dropped off around the time he got married to that Swedish c**t " or words to that effect. I don't follow golf, so I only mention it as another point of view. I saw photos on a Dutch site of 6 or 7 of his supposed side fucks, I wouldn't want any of them,
all fucking dogs, especially the porn stars !!

One hears so many horror stories of married guys whose wives turn off sex after oozing out 1-2 kids, so hubby has to look elsewhere for fun and satisfaction ( it's too expensive to fuck her off !) , I wonder if Tiger is one of them?

As someone else said , its only because he's American, (with their fucked up " morality? "), that its such a big deal. I hope he can come back with a " fuck you all " attitude (a different girl at each event ! ) and go back to the top.

I think it was James Hunt who wore a T shirt " 69 (or was it "sex"?), breakfast of champions ! "

M P Lurker
12-20-09, 07:33
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=963389#post963389

I recently opened an account in about 15 minutes. With internet banking.
Thanks for that. A couple of years back I tried a lot of banks in BKK with little success, so that's valuable info.

Sexual Healing
12-20-09, 12:12
Hi people,

Before sailing to Thailand I'd like to complete my education with some useful reading, so I'm looking for this book by Bill Williams called "Pattaya Bar Girls Report".

Anyone can help?

Please pm me.

Cheers!

Nabucco
12-20-09, 15:55
How is it possible to put together a list with the best bj bars of Bangkok and Pattaya?

I'd appreciate opinionated postings.

Professor 1
12-20-09, 23:33
What did Woods wife expect for fuck sake? His mix of African American and Thai hardly holds out a lot of hope for marital fidelity.

I'm sorry but I fail to get the relationship between racial composition and marital fidelity. The last time that I checked, every group had problems. Personally, the media needs to return to covering the real news, and we need to return to talking about P4P.

NicFrenchy
12-21-09, 01:40
How is it possible to put together a list with the best bj bars of Bangkok and Pattaya?

I'd appreciate opinionated postings.

I am not sure there are that many out there that a list is necessary.

In Bangkok, SOL (the Star of light, Patpong2) is still the best BJ bar. Both in terms of girls and experience.

Pattaya, I don't know.

You can also have your knob polished at many different bars in BKK (not BJ bars), you just need to know where and who ;)

Rjsss212
12-21-09, 02:09
No, you failed to make sense of nonsense...

I'm sorry but I fail to get the relationship between racial composition and marital fidelity. The last time that I checked, every group had problems. Personally, the media needs to return to covering the real news, and we need to return to talking about P4P.

LittleBigMan
12-21-09, 03:48
In spirit of X-mas: What is difference between Santa Clause and Tiger Woods?

Answer: Santa stops after third Ho...

Sorry not too much difference between Santa and Tiger! They both stop on the 3rd Ho Ho and then move on to the next house and start up the Ho Ho again!

Ho Ho Ho, LBM

Run Mann
12-25-09, 04:13
Hi people,

Before sailing to Thailand I'd like to complete my education with some useful reading, so I'm looking for this book by Bill Williams called "Pattaya Bar Girls Report".

Anyone can help?

Please pm me.

Cheers!
Not sure about your location but you can order it online from http://pattayabargirlsreport.com/ or http://www.pattaya-bar-girls.com/arep/

Sexual Healing
12-25-09, 18:13
Not sure about your location but you can order it online from http://pattayabargirlsreport.com/ or http://www.pattaya-bar-girls.com/arep/I know... actually I was looking for a cracked version. It's just an e-book, so better have it free from some fellow willing to send me an attach rather than paying for it.

Gfighta
12-26-09, 05:18
I know... actually I was looking for a cracked version. It's just an e-book, so better have it free from some fellow willing to send me an attach rather than paying for it.Let me guess. You're worried about getting ripped off by a Pattaya bar girl and yet you have no problems ripping off the author of the book. Just what Thailand needs, more cheap punters who can't afford a $37 book.

El Greco
12-26-09, 17:08
Thanks for that. A couple of years back I tried a lot of banks in BKK with little success, so that's valuable info.

Glad to be of some help to you.

I've learned so many new things and places from your posts.

Thanks

BionicMan
12-27-09, 00:24
I know... actually I was looking for a cracked version. It's just an e-book, so better have it free from some fellow willing to send me an attach rather than paying for it.
Are you working for free? Just for the pleasure of doing it?

Pita123
12-27-09, 05:37
Let me guess. You're worried about getting ripped off by a Pattaya bar girl and yet you have no problems ripping off the author of the book. Just what Thailand needs, more cheap punters who can't afford a $37 book.

Anyone here that hasn't bought bootleg software or movies at Panthip or MBK?

I agree in principle, but I doubt that anyone here is not guilty of doing the same. No reason to come down on the chap.

NicFrenchy
12-27-09, 05:44
Anyone here that hasn't bought bootleg software or movies at Panthip or MBK?

You'd have to be a moron to buy at MBK and Pantip nowadays... it's all available for free on Torrents :D

Rjsss212
12-27-09, 07:59
Todays Bankok Post...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/30100/bangkok-sleazy-street-of-shame

Member #4698
12-27-09, 16:32
Panthip is an amazing mall and should not be missed. Where else in the world can you find stores selling legitimate items right next to bootleggers?

Forget about the porn that's small potatoes. I advise all to check out the software. A bootleg copy of Adobe CS4 sells for around 500bt. You got to hand it to those Thai pirates. The key generator is pure genius. The program works perfectly except every once in a while it prompts to install an update. Cancel the update and you stay go to go.

Call me cheap if you want, but I enjoy saving $2000 and passing on the savings to all my friends back home. What a great gift. Is it ethical? No of course not. But that does not bother me in the least? Are you kidding? I am sure that Adobe, the Thai and the US governments know all about this. It’s up to them to fix the laws and plug the leaks. But until these organizations get their shit together, I am going to take advantage of the loophole. Merry Christmas everybody.

Sexual Healing
12-27-09, 17:58
You'd have to be a moron to buy at MBK and Pantip nowadays. It's all available for free on Torrents.Not really. Made a research on utorrent, got to torrent matrix and find out you have no access to direct download, but you are supposed to register for unlimited downloads paying x per month. So, in the end you pay anyway.

I do not have much confidence with downloading and I usually don't do it just because I am an old fashion collector that uses to BUY every cd, dvd and book. I do not even have an I-pod. Everything on my shelves is original. So, I think I respect work of artists and copyright in general.

On the other hand, Bionicman, I don't call "work" charging 27$ for a short guide in electronic format. And besides, Gfighta, I can easily afford it, but in a world where everyone rips everything I don't feel guilty for a one time rip of few sheets of paper.

Of course, one can say that there is a work beyond that, there is a value and a price to pay to be honest. I may agree, and just want be sure the book is woth 27$ that Bill want to charge me. Can you give me an accurate review about it? Is it actually useful, do you recommend it? I'll buy it!

Or would you just do me a favor in avoiding to comment and criticize and wasting my time to answer? After all, I have just asked to pm me anyone who may want help. If you don't agree with my request just ignore it and avoid to call "cheap" someone you don't even know.

Naughty
12-27-09, 18:02
...no problems ripping off the author of the book. Just what Thailand needs, more cheap punters who can't afford a $37 book.

At $37 for a downloaded book, it sounds to me like the author/vendor are the ones doing the ripping off.

What Thailand doesn't need is suckers who splash cash all over the place and drive up the price of everything from food to lodging to books to temporary companionship.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

IMHO!

Gfighta
12-27-09, 18:15
At $37 for a downloaded book, it sounds to me like the author/vendor are the ones doing the ripping off.

What Thailand doesn't need is suckers who splash cash all over the place and drive up the price of everything from food to lodging to books to temporary companionship.

IMHO!Remember what is expensive to you may be cheap for someone else. Just because others earn more than you and can afford to pay more doesn't make them a sucker.

Giotto
12-27-09, 19:31

IMHO!Naughty,

Absolutely correct. Why should the author get paid for writing his book? He doesn't need any milk...look, it's just a download, not even production costs for a physical book.

And beware of those overpaying and tipping tourists. They are a pain in the ass. What follows out of their stupid behaviour is that the prices for us locals increase. Get the tourists out of Thailand!

We have this old [yellow] elites here in the country, and they have things under control. Isaan, the resource reservoir for cheap labour (men) and cheap sex (women) in Thailand. We really don't need you cash-rich bastards here in Thailand.

What we need is a thread "Cheap Charly's Guide to Thailand!"

Giotto

PS.: Good morning, ISG!

Member #3428
12-27-09, 21:50
What we need is a thread "Cheap Charly's Guide to Thailand!"

Jesus did you wake up to coal in your stocking? Or was your bed that friggin cold?

NO WE DO NOT NEED A CHEAP CHARLY"S GUIDE TO THAILAND we have enough of that already. But what the hell is going on with the economy, I must have had every girl come out of the woodwork the last few days telling me how much they love me and wait to see me (including a certain lady from years ago from your establishment).

Surely we know they are missing the wallet most of all. Back to the point at hand, there are copies of everything floating around on line if you are not a combination of being a lazy bastard and a cheap charly anyone could find it including a 12 year old (I did prove this point also BTW).

I guess while many girls have a "Tramp Stamp" tattoo now a days many of the folks here have the "I'm A Cheap Charlie" Stamp on their foreheads :D

Don't worry Giotto the ATM arrives back to SEA in a few days once Manila mission is completed... but unfortunately will be spending most the time outside BKK. Not sure if that is good news or bad news for you.

The Pro
12-28-09, 02:01
i think its the difference between living in the ulta controlled western world, where women wear the trousers, men are intimidated and cuckold and unable to be men and you must obey all the rules laid out by ultra corrupt politicos.

here in thailand you control your own destiny, its more like the wild west. you do not want to get a speeding ticket, pay the policeman direct. you want to see the latest movie, download it and burn to cd. you want the latest software, download it.

even panthip in terms of software and movies is now just a "tourist trap" as anyone living here can easily download everything they want, without any fear of ever being brought to task for it.

my 64g ipod touch is full of the latest movies and albums and all downloaded for free. i am not into ebooks so cannot help with that one.

if the artists do not like their stuff being downloaded for free they have a simple choice, and that is not to produce any more. welcome to the internet and globalisation. its funny how people only like the bits of that make them more money, and dislike the bits that cost them money.

as a kid, how many people used to put a tape recorder next to the radio to tape their favourite songs?

this is all people are doing now, as they have for ages, but the technology for getting hold of it has moved on considerably.

let me guess. you're worried about getting ripped off by a pattaya bar girl and yet you have no problems ripping off the author of the book. just what thailand needs, more cheap punters who can't afford a $37 book.

FreebieFan
12-28-09, 02:52
Earlier this year, got a message on Tagged / Dia or some site from a Thai lady, working BKK, aged 39 with no pic attached. Made a polite reply, and we had some chats on YM/MSN etc. She sent a pic and was ok for her age (slim, no kids) and keen to meet. I had a BKK business trip and she was waiting for me in my hotel, and within ten minutes of arrival were doing the deed. She worked in Paragon. Later that night, dropped her at BTS and went mongering elsewhere. Never saw her again and no money exchanged.

Later this year, got a DIA message from a 36 year old Thai lady in CR, no kids with no pics. We got chatting, and the pics were nice. After 2 months I had a BKK trip and we met and had a great time with her. We then went to Singapore together on a business trip and I went to CR also. Good times but then she got a bit weird so I backed off.

Now I'm in same situation. New DIA girl 38, sends me email. We get chatting and her pics are also ok for her age. Slim no kids. Now sending me lots of hot emails about her g string collections. I suspect we will be bonking also within 10 minutes of meeting.

My question here. Is this a common trend. I feel like I'm the one being picked up by these girls but I'm not shouting resistance. I'm over 50 but look fine, and probably safe for these ladies. Anyone had similar experiences?

Pita123
12-28-09, 06:32
You'd have to be a moron to buy at MBK and Pantip nowadays... it's all available for free on Torrents :D

:) My time is worth more to me than what it takes to find and download on torrents. Well, also I'm just a lazy basterd.

NicFrenchy
12-28-09, 07:04
:) My time is worth more to me than what it takes to find and download on torrents. Well, also I'm just a lazy basterd.

I see, but then again, a lot of the stuff isn't available @ MBK or Pantip... but available on Torrents.
Do what I do, I give my IT guy the list of stuff I want and he gives me the files/music/movies on a thumb drive when it's downloaded. I'm a lazy bastard myself :D

Pita123
12-28-09, 07:11
I see, but then again, a lot of the stuff isn't available @ MBK or Pantip... but available on Torrents.
Do what I do, I give my IT guy the list of stuff I want and he gives me the files/music/movies on a thumb drive when it's downloaded. I'm a lazy bastard myself :D

I have that option, but I rarely see my IT guys as I'm never in the office. Maybe I'll start giving my list to YOUR IT guys! :)

Friar Tuck
12-28-09, 09:31
todays bankok post...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/30100/bangkok-sleazy-street-of-shamewhen you have rampant corruption, anarchy is the result. politicians love to meddle in situations they don't understand, early bar closing was always going to cause more problems than previously existed.

also, it seems that citizens from most black african countries place very little value on a human life, therefore : beatings, [CodeWord124] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord124) and shootings will become more prevalent. once this behaviour becomes entrenched, it is almost impossible to eradicate.

nep and soi cowboy will continue until the wild west situation forces closure, or, more likely, a shift in the venues.

of course, with the world ending (wasn't it supposed to end 2000/2001??) in 2012......................

tuck.

Member #3428
12-28-09, 11:08
also, it seems that citizens from most black african countries place very little value on a human life, therefore : beatings, [CodeWord124] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord124) and shootings will become more prevalent. once this behaviour becomes entrenched, it is almost impossible to eradicate.

wow.... now that's one opinionated statement... so everything is to be blamed on the "blacks" and it's all their fault huh? have you ever been to any african country?

who do you think is taking the kickback bribe money to let them stay unchecked and uncontrolled? it sure as shit is a group of thai and the "blacks" are just being used while some folks sit back and get rich off their actions. if it were not "blacks" then it would be some other group so let's try to keep the racist crap to a minimum. there's not one innocent country or race in the world.

holly crap "whitey" the blacks are moving in we better sell our homes before our property devalues.... depending on who owns the land (doesn't a certain famous family own nep....) maybe they want the land and area to destabilize to put up other items. who knows, but someone is making cash and it is not the "blacks".

Daddy San
12-28-09, 14:45
I agree too.

It's just like saying that Al Quaida gives all the other terrorists a bad name.

Friar Tuck
12-29-09, 09:26
Wow. Now that's one opinionated statement. So everything is to be blamed on the "blacks" and it's all their fault huh? Have you ever been to any African Country?

Who do you think is taking the kickback bribe money to let them stay unchecked and uncontrolled? It sure as shit is a group of Thai and the "Blacks" are just being used while some folks sit back and get rich off their actions. If it were not "Blacks" then it would be some other group so let's try to keep the racist crap to a minimum. There's not one innocent country or race in the world.

Holly crap "Whitey" the blacks are moving in we better sell our homes before our property devalues. Depending on who owns the land (doesn't a certain famous family own NEP.) maybe they WANT the land and area to destabilize to put up other items. Who knows, but someone is making cash and it is not the "blacks".Well,

Firstly, I have had extensive first hand experience on the African continent. I have owned and run, a number of business operations there, still have financial interests as well.

Mine was a statement of fact, and is not racist.

You are taking a very naive viewpoint.

The "backers" as you call them have a tiger by the tail, once a financial threshold has been reached, they will be bitten.

I have seen this happen before in other countries. You may find it unpalatable, that doesn't make it untrue.

You just sit on your arse and blow through it like you did in your reply.

By the way, I am one of those "blacks" you mentioned.

Tuck

Oldian
12-29-09, 16:57
Earlier this year, got a message on Tagged / Dia or some site from a Thai lady, working BKK, aged 39 with no pic attached. Made a polite reply, and we had some chats on YM/MSN etc. She sent a pic and was ok for her age (slim, no kids) and keen to meet. I had a BKK business trip and she was waiting for me in my hotel, and within ten minutes of arrival were doing the deed. She worked in Paragon. Later that night, dropped her at BTS and went mongering elsewhere. Never saw her again and no money exchanged.

Later this year, got a DIA message from a 36 year old Thai lady in CR, no kids with no pics. We got chatting, and the pics were nice. After 2 months I had a BKK trip and we met and had a great time with her. We then went to Singapore together on a business trip and I went to CR also. Good times but then she got a bit weird so I backed off.

Now I'm in same situation. New DIA girl 38, sends me email. We get chatting and her pics are also ok for her age. Slim no kids. Now sending me lots of hot emails about her g string collections. I suspect we will be bonking also within 10 minutes of meeting.

My question here. Is this a common trend. I feel like I'm the one being picked up by these girls but I'm not shouting resistance. I'm over 50 but look fine, and probably safe for these ladies. Anyone had similar experiences?You will never know exactly what their agendas are. Maybe just lonely, bored, horny? A buddy of mine met a lady on DIA awhile back who fit that age bracket and description, she came down and stayed with him some days. A week later, he got home to find the police waiting for him at his apartment. They, along with this lady's HUSBAND were looking for her! He figured he was going to be paying some pretty hefty tea money, but his apartment folks stood up for him, said he didn't have the lady hiding in his room, and things ended uneventfully. I date some women on DIA, but I try to stick to the ones that have to be at work everyday and don't have time to go off on holidays. For just plain old fun I'd rather pay up and keep things real straight.

Member #3428
12-29-09, 21:42

As a stepped on minority, No i am not

The "backers" as you call them have a tiger by the tail, once a financial threshold has been reached, they will be bitten.

History can only show you that the "backers" in thai are the sleeping tigers not the other way around. Never underestimate and turn your back on a thai. That is very naive to underestimate a smiling thai.

I have seen this happen before in other countries. You may find it unpalatable, that doesn't make it untrue.

I live in it every day, and have to deal with it every day, but from the reverse angle. I find the reverse as unpalatable as the view point you sit on your horse from.

I'll repeat, there is not an innocent race or country in today's world. But to blame the "blacks" for lower sukhumvit is placing the blame on the wrong people. The thai's are to blame.

The Pro
12-30-09, 01:51
Well said Friar Tuck.

Well,

Firstly, I have had extensive first hand experience on the African continent. I have owned and run, a number of business operations there, still have financial interests as well.

Mine was a statement of fact, and is not racist.

You just sit on your arse and blow through it like you did in your reply.

Tuck

Rjsss212
12-30-09, 03:58
Well,

Tuck

I think we all know that education (from parents, school or both) work ethic and environment are the prime determinants. Skin color or eye shape has little bearing except in perpetuating inequality.

Hmmm, was a day when being black entitled one to a little polital incorrrectness now and again...

Rjsss212
12-30-09, 06:50
Some useful stuff I came across,

I came across a custom shoe shop here on my last trip and this trip had a pair made. Takes a week but absolutely outstanding! Business card attached.

Was wandering deep in the bowels one day and came across this little garage shop on a very secluded soi. He is a pool cue maker, done right there in his garage with 1 assistant. No English but very nice people and some great work! Looks like he will make any type of cue and could probably be shipped as I have been buying some specialty bicycle parts from a Thai guy on E-Bay and his stuff gets to me (eventually) and in 1 piece so I know it’s possible, to the US anyway.

Had some prescription sunglasses made last week. As a test tried 2 different opticians. First was not that far from my hotel in a little old shop under the Saphan Taksin station on the skytrain. More specifically, at the base of the large, half completed hotel that has been standing for years. This shop, which in every way is relatively unremarkable, needed 1 whole week to make the lenses. 1800bhat (I didn’t negotiate). When they came in the optical clarity was very good. During that week I had St. Moritz opticians on Suk between 6 & 8 across from the Landmark make a second pair. I originally walked in the shop on a Satturday and the older lady (owner I think) quoted 2500BHat. I said that is high but I would be back. Went back on Sunday but the place was gone. Seems they are closed on Sundays and when the gates are down there is nothing to indicate a business resides there! So came back on Monday, showed her the frame and she had forgotten her last quote and offered for 1800bhat (same high index, multicoating tinted lens) but she quotes me 2 days. Got the glasses back and I think the clarity is a very little bit less but I may be imagining it. Wore them both on consecutive days and I am extremely satisfied. I will be bring 2 more pair for St. Moritz to make and I’ll try to get her down as far as possible and report.

NicFrenchy
12-30-09, 07:00
Some useful stuff I came across,

I came across a custom shoe shop here on my last trip and this trip had a pair made. Takes a week but absolutely outstanding! Business card attached.

Was wandering deep in the bowels one day and came across this little garage shop on a very secluded soi. He is a pool cue maker, done right there in his garage with 1 assistant. No English but very nice people and some great work! Looks like he will make any type of cue and could probably be shipped as I have been buying some specialty bicycle parts from a Thai guy on E-Bay and his stuff gets to me (eventually) and in 1 piece so I know it’s possible, to the US anyway.

I don't mean to be a shit disturber but... how is this information useful to anyone? There are no locations or prices.

Rjsss212
12-30-09, 07:37
I don't mean to be a shit disturber but... how is this information useful to anyone? There are no locations or prices.

It appears you do but that's a different discussion...

Forgot the attachment.

The Pro
12-30-09, 11:05

Forgot the attachment.Yep, NF is often disturbing T_KTV's shit, and vice-versa ;) LOL

Nice post Rjsss212, and well worthy of the General Reports thread.

BionicMan
12-30-09, 17:16

Forgot the attachment.

Are these info meant to feed the shoe and the glasses fetish?
Just wondering about the relationship between this (monger) forum and the providers you mentioned.
Still, if you wish, I can reciprocate with the best pizza parlour of my street :)

Opebo
12-30-09, 19:58
My Thai friends - armchair sociologists from the upper-middle class, admittedly, but certainly local - state that they doubt the ability of either the Nigerian or Russian mafias to operate independently of the Thai mafia.

Member #3428
12-30-09, 20:59
state that they doubt the ability of either the Nigerian or Russian mafias to operate independently of the Thai mafia.

Well that was my main point. To think that anything happens in thai without thai's profiting from it or controlling it, allowing it, endorsing it, supporting it, either out front or from behind the scene is naive and absolutely wrong.

And Opebo is your term Thai Mafia just a euphemism for Thai Politicians which under them and part of them are the Thai Police as well as Revenue Officers?

Member #3428
12-30-09, 21:14
Yep, NF is often disturbing T_KTV's shit, and vice-versa ;) LOL

Nice post Rjsss212, and well worthy of the General Reports thread.

God I've missed you TP and your very knowledgeable insights during this holiday season.

Actually Rjss212 report I found interesting especially the bike parts cuz I know many of us on ISG are long distance touring bicyclist and share info about bike shops in BKK and Pattaya.

I liked the cue information but there was no help in cost and where to go.

I also wondered about where the shoes were made, the type of shoe he had made, the cost of the shoe he had made etc... which was not listed.

Absolutely his post is a fresh and a welcomed report, it was however, lacking some basic info readers would need. Which now that some cards are posted is more complete. If I was going to be in BKK long enough during these next three weeks I'd probably have to PM him for more info still. And I hope he remembers the info for when I do spend more time in BKK so I can them out. Where as if he posts the info that is complete when it is fresh in his mind it will be easier for us all.

Rjsss212, I enjoyed the report, just would have appreciated more details as these are the types of things that many of us do enjoy reading about, and if it doesn't suit us we should skip it. I too would like to add to Nic's comments, more details would be appreciated if you can recall them.

Happy New Year Folks.... I hope we're all getting a BBBJ at the strike of 12... Even you too ToiletPaper... And Nic, just to clarify so there is no mistake, I mean a BBBJ by a lady not a LB :)

Naughty
12-30-09, 21:57
hmmm, was a day when being black entitled one to a little polital incorrrectness now and again...

not in my lifetime, and i listened to the "i have a dream" speech live.

Naughty
12-30-09, 22:14
[QUOTE=Giotto]Naughty, Absolutely correct. Why should the author get paid for writing his book?
QUOTE]

A fair and reasonable amount.

$37.00 for a downloaded work of fiction is thievery, pure and simple.

If the price was a more reasonable, say $8.00 or $10.00, people wouldn't feel the need to steal the bits.

And wouldn't be justified in doing so. (No honor among thieves!)

Happy New Year to all!

Member #3428
12-30-09, 22:41
A fair and reasonable amount.

$37.00 for a downloaded work of fiction is thievery, pure and simple.

If the price was a more reasonable, say $8.00 or $10.00, people wouldn't feel the need to steal the bits.

And wouldn't be justified in doing so. (No honor among thieves!)

Happy New Year to all!

Has anyone read this report? It is only filled with info that is common sense, info that is outdated about Pattaya, info that is already available here on ISG for free, and is full of links to other sites that sell you crap. It's not fiction it is crap. But it is the owners piece of shit and up to him what to sell it for.

IMHO It's not worth buying so I don't know why people are getting a stick up their ass about this. However, if a person puts something for sale, it is up to seller to price it and up to the buyer to decide if they want to buy it.

Or stop being a lazy ass and use a proper search engine (or learn how to use a computer damn it) and download it themselves as I stated before there are many links to broken copies out there already, even a 12 year could find a link to it.

So if a person does not think the 37 dollars is worth the price for worthless outdated crap then don't buy it. And if they are not bright enough to surf properly then fine do not worry about that piece of shit.

But my lord have some self respect, don't post on a site that you're such a cheap charlie and too lazy or dumb to surf the internet that you want others to send it to you for free.

Then again, many times I also am a lazy dumb ass with no self respect :D

Bigfoot16
12-30-09, 23:21
Has anyone read this report? It is only filled with info that is common sense, info that is outdated about Pattaya, info that is already available here on ISG for free, and is full of links to other sites that sell you crap. It's not fiction it is crap. But it is the owners piece of shit and up to him what to sell it for.

IMHO It's not worth buying so I don't know why people are getting a stick up their ass about this. However, if a person puts something for sale, it is up to seller to price it and up to the buyer to decide if they want to buy it.

Or stop being a lazy ass and use a proper search engine (or learn how to use a computer damn it) and download it themselves as I stated before there are many links to broken copies out there already, even a 12 year could find a link to it.

So if a person does not think the 37 dollars is worth the price for worthless outdated crap then don't buy it. And if they are not bright enough to surf properly then fine do not worry about that piece of shit.

But my lord have some self respect, don't post on a site that you're such a cheap charlie and too lazy or dumb to surf the internet that you want others to send it to you for free.

Then again, many times I also am a lazy dumb ass with no self respect :D
I'm also a lazy dumb ass but with a little self respect. I am going to Pattaya next October so I recently bought the download and read it. I agree with most of what Tansak has to say. Most of the advice I had seen on several of these forums. There were a lot of ads (read links) to sites that sell magic gels that make you hard instantly and other things. I assume the author gets some referral fee for the clicks that go to those sites. I would not expect ads for a so called piece of literature that costs 37 USD. But at least I have a little self respect because I honored the authors intellectual property.

The one thing that it did do was make me horny so I called up a provider that I know in Southern California and spent another 160 USD to get my pipes cleaned. LOL

Member #3428
12-31-09, 00:08
I'm also a lazy dumb ass but with a little self respect.

Well then you're a step up from me, but that's not hard to do so don't feel too good about yourself. :D

I honored the authors intellectual property.

I seriously question the author's intellect on the subject. So maybe you honored the author's right to sell his crap not his intellectual property... :D

Seriously folks... I know little about Pattaya compared to many of the long term posters in that region that live there but even I know more then what is in the book. And the info on bars and other things is so incredibly simplistic that five minutes of RTFF (pattaya forum) you'd get everything that's in the book and one million times more for free (less the links to the authors other advertisements).

The one thing that it did do was make me horny so I called up a provider that I know in Southern California and spent another 160 USD to get my pipes cleaned. LOL

Well maybe she should send a kick back to the author...

The Pro
12-31-09, 02:34
ISG is getting kind of boring in the Thailand threads, simply as nothing new is being reported, its the same old same old same old being discussed over and over again. People doing write ups of what others have written about 200 times before.

It was refreshing to read something new, even if it was on the general reports thread where non mongering stuff should be.

You and NF do fill the threads with your nonsense "chatting" far too much. It would be good if you two started writing only reports, and stopped your pathetic comments and 1 on 1 chats all over the place.

God I've missed you TP and your very knowledgeable insights during this holiday season.

Naughty
12-31-09, 03:02
But at least I have a little self respect because I honored the authors intellectual property.

The folks you got ripped off by just think you're a fish. Who took the bait.

$37 for a downloaded book is robbery. Unless it's a textbook. Then it's grand larceny.

Bigfoot16
12-31-09, 03:03
Well then you're a step up from me, but that's not hard to do so don't feel too good about yourself. :D

I seriously question the author's intellect on the subject. So maybe you honored the author's right to sell his crap not his intellectual property... :D

Seriously folks... I know little about Pattaya compared to many of the long term posters in that region that live there but even I know more then what is in the book. And the info on bars and other things is so incredibly simplistic that five minutes of RTFF (pattaya forum) you'd get everything that's in the book and one million times more for free (less the links to the authors other advertisements).

I don't disagree with what you said. My cost is sunk. Today I got an email with more tips, primarily about how to speak a little Bar Thai complete with links to a site that offers Thai language downloads for a price of course. My unit cost per tidbit of information just got cut in half.

The $15 I spent on an ISG membership still is one of the best values I have received in international mongering. I hope the readers of this forum reap the benefits of this dialog.

Gfighta
12-31-09, 03:24
$37 for a downloaded book is robbery. Unless it's a textbook. Then it's grand larceny.How is someone selling a product robbery? Robbery is forcibly taking an object from someone, is he forcing you to buy his book? If you view his website are you forced to buy it or do you have the option of not buying it? Do you even know the legal amount for a crime to be considered grand larceny?

What you really mean is that compared to your income you don't feel that the $37 is worth it. However an intelligent person would realize that everyone's income is different and value is merely a matter of perception, but that would certainly not be dramatic as grand larceny!

NicFrenchy
12-31-09, 04:39
And Nic, just to clarify so there is no mistake, I mean a BBBJ by a lady not a LB :)

Yes, you know what, I heard that Story... you got yourself a nice LB last time and did not like it. At least you tried eh, can't blame you for preferring women, at least now we can say we have the same taste :D

Member #3428
12-31-09, 05:57
Yes, you know what, I heard that Story... you got yourself a nice LB last time and did not like it. At least you tried eh, can't blame you for preferring women, at least now we can say we have the same taste :D

Since it is new year eve I'll let this slide.

Aw what the hell, hey Frenchy... Fuck You :D

Enjoy your Schuck Wow tonight ;)

Rjsss212
12-31-09, 06:48
Are these info meant to feed the shoe and the glasses fetish?
Just wondering about the relationship between this (monger) forum and the providers you mentioned.
Still, if you wish, I can reciprocate with the best pizza parlour of my street :)

Up to you...

NicFrenchy
12-31-09, 13:49
Happy New Year to all of you Fuckers!! :D

Dextro Sol
12-31-09, 13:58
Happy New Year to all of you Fuckers!! :D

I agree in Nics humble wish... Happy New Year all of you Fcrs...:D

Dextro Sol
12-31-09, 14:05
I guess some you are members of Facebook... have you had any success in dating thai girls or women from there??

The last couple of weeks I have added about 250 thai girls... and so far about 200 has accepted. There are very various girls... many univerisity students and some i think might be bar girls and even one or two massage girls...

What about your experiences from fb??

Naughty
01-01-10, 21:40
What you really mean is that compared to your income you don't feel that the $37 is worth it. However an intelligent person would realize that everyone's income is different and value is merely a matter of perception, but that would certainly not be dramatic as grand larceny!

Methinks you are: 1. Making (incorrect) assumptions about me,
and 2. putting words in my mouth.

$37 for a book download is a rip off, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if you're Bill Gates, or OBEPO. It's still a rip off.

If you are foolish enough to fall for it and then advertise it on the internet don't blame me for laughing at you for it.

Happy New Year all you LBFM schtuppers!

Kenster
01-02-10, 04:12
Methinks you are: 1. Making (incorrect) assumptions about me,
and 2. putting words in my mouth.

$37 for a book download is a rip off, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if you're Bill Gates, or OBEPO. It's still a rip off.

If you are foolish enough to fall for it and then advertise it on the internet don't blame me for laughing at you for it.

Happy New Year all you LBFM schtuppers!

Im sorry but i humbly beg to differ.

I think that when it comes to selling a product, be it on the internet, or in stores, its a matter of willing seller and willing buyer.

It all comes down to the sellers perception of the value of his product and the buyers recognition of this value that enables him to pay that price for the item.

A man who pays thousands for high priced call girls isnt any more foolish than the man who pays hundreds at a gogo bar for they both see value in the product they are paying for.

Whether or not they feel satisfied with the eventual result and outcome is irrelevant as the purchase has already taken place and the perception of value has been created by the seller and recognized by the buyer.

I wouldnt go so far as to call him foolish as ive paid $18-$20 for e-books before. Very wily marketing on the sellers part, selling the first 2 parts cheap and the 3rd almost triple the price. I was hooked on the story and i had to know the outcome so i paid the price.

I saw value in needing to know the ending and i was willing to pay. Nonetheless, to each his own, and if you're not willing to pay $37 for an online publication, then its the sellers failure in showing you the value of the item.

Kenster
01-02-10, 04:13

There have been alot of LB's lately running around the streets of KL in Malaysia. Wonder if theyve left Thailand to seek greener pastures with less competition?

You'll be amazed at the amount of cars that stop and pick them up.

Some of them look absolutely stunning.

NicFrenchy
01-02-10, 08:29
If you had to look back at this past year 2009... which memorable moment would you pick to be your "special 2009 memory?":

here's mine and it happened in the south:
Had a massage takeout at my hotel room, Lady was good and very professional, she was from a massage place nearby but her English was so bad I could not figure out where she was from.
After a good hour and half (I was not expecting extras, just wanted a nice massage) she stared at my cock, stroked it and looked amazed at the size. she kept repeating "big, big" in Thai.
The sad part of all this is that, with signs, she asked me if she could take a picture of my dick with her camera-Phone. I was quite amused and agreed.
She stroked to make me erect but as she could not succeed, she proceeded to give me a nice BBBJ. Once fully erect, she took her phone, got 2 snaps and gave me a Big Thankful Wai.
She got up, packed her stuff and was ready to leave.
I was still on the bed with a raging hard-on, she could not care less.

She waied me again and thanked me (pointing at the phone), then she left the room.

I am laughing now but I wasn't laughing then LOL

1Ball
01-02-10, 12:17
a question guys.

upon arriving 2 days ago, my cab driver needed to buy gas. a couple of miles from the airport, he pulled into a gas station and lifted the hood. the attendant inserted a hose into something near the motor. the driver told me it is something "CNT", I believe. he told me he gets 100 km on 60 bt, which seems like an amazing feat.

what is this stuff, and why is it not available in the west ?

Thanks

Passingthru69
01-02-10, 12:28
CNG Stands for compressed natural gas.

A lot of cars and trucks use it here in LOS.

Cheaper costs for them

Member #4537
01-02-10, 12:41
a question guys.

upon arriving 2 days ago, my cab driver needed to buy gas. a couple of miles from the airport, he pulled into a gas station and lifted the hood. the attendant inserted a hose into something near the motor. the driver told me it is something "CNT", I believe. he told me he gets 100 km on 60 bt, which seems like an amazing feat.

what is this stuff, and why is it not available in the west ?

Thanks

It's natural gas, we have that in Egypt too. It's called CNG. You can convert any diesel-running car to use it, but it makes the car's lifetime shorter I believe...

Shoebridge
01-02-10, 19:39
Afternoon all:

There used to be a great Thailand FAQ list, does anyone know where it's been moved?

Also, is there an accepted practice for finding a working flower girl (virgin) in Bangkok or Pattaya. Clearly they can not have been on the game for long, but I thought they wore an arm band, like the girls on the rag.

Thanks,

Shoe

Naughty
01-02-10, 22:01
Im sorry but i humbly beg to differ.

$37 for downloaded book = rip off.

Same as say, $10 for a stick of gum.

A rip is a rip.

It's not whether you are convinced it offers you value. It's whether you are gullible enough to be sucked in to wasting your money.

Enjoy your Slap Chop!

Giotto
01-03-10, 01:32
$37 for downloaded book = rip off.

Same as say, $10 for a stick of gum.
Nonsense!

The book is the intellectual property of the author. [Together with the publisher] he will set a price for the book - his business. If he sets it to 2$ he will have lots of downloads but also attract a specific customer group. If he sets it to 100$ he will have less downloads and a different customer group.

His book. His property. His business to decide about the price. No rip off at all!

Giotto

BionicMan
01-03-10, 01:44
Nonsense!

The book is the intellectual property of the author. [Together with the publisher] he will set a price for the book - his business. If he sets it to 2$ he will have lots of downloads but also attract a specific customer group. If he sets it to 100$ he will have less downloads and a different customer group.

His book. His property. His business to decide about the price. No rip off at all!

Giotto
I agree - not being a life saving remedy it is not a must to buy it to own it.
One can evaluate it great or not, his choice, his opinion.
A rip off is paying something for nothing. It can still be a rip-off even at 2$.

Member #4698
01-03-10, 01:49
Nonsense!

The book is the intellectual property of the author. [Together with the publisher] he will set a price for the book. His business. If he sets it to 2$ he will have lots of downloads but also attract a specific customer group. If he sets it to 100$ he will have less downloads and a different customer group.

His book. His property. His business to decide about the price. No rip off at all! Giotto
Absolutely right. It is the author's right to set whatever price he wants. It is your right not to buy the book if you think it is not worth it to you. The higher the price, the less the demand. The lower the price, the more demand (sales). It is the law of supply and demand. The trick for the seller is to set a price that will maximize his return. Price x quantity less cost. The buyer merely wants to maximize his utility. Ripping the book is attractive to the buyer because his cost is zero and he has the book i.e. 100% maximum utility.

But downloading the book without paying for it is stealing. Everybody knows that. The rest is sophistry. And even though everyone downloads for free (mp3's, movies, and books). It does not make it right. Don't BS yourself.

Some music groups have accepted the new paradigm and now allow downloads. Their calculus is their recordings are advertisement for the band that will generate a demand to see the group perform. They will make their money through ticket sales. That is their decision and for some it seems to be working. But if nobody paid for intellectual property, no one would create it.

Friar Tuck
01-03-10, 08:20
It's natural gas, we have that in Egypt too. It's called CNG. You can convert any diesel-running car to use it, but it makes the car's lifetime shorter I believe...

Correction,

you normally convert petrol engines to run on CNG. The gain is lower running costs due to favourable pricing and sometimes reduced fuel tax structures. You also reduce emissions. Engine performance suffers slightly.
Engine life is slightly improved due to cleaner burning qualities and cooling factor with this fuel type. Engine is normally started on a gas / petrol mix.

Diesel's already have the advantages gained above, although many diesel bus fleets use this fuel because of price advantages due to local sourcing.

Did he charge you less for the trip due to lower running costs??
Ha! don't think so...........

Tuck

1Ball
01-03-10, 10:25
Thanks for all the answers about CNG. I am curious why it is not available in Europe, (maybe it is), or the USA.

Interesting how this fuel would allow the taxi driver to do a one way to Pattaya on less than 100 bt. They must be very hapy to have this option versus regular gasoline.

Goyave
01-03-10, 11:49
Thanks for all the answers about CNG. I am curious why it is not available in Europe, (maybe it is), or the USA...

It is available in Europe and in the USA (but personal use of CNG is a small niche market currently there).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_natural_gas

Pita123
01-03-10, 13:09
Why didn't you bring this up at dinner 1ball?

Delhi's entire bus fleet runs on CNG. Same with all tuk-tuks in Indian metros. Down under as well. This why you can't fit your suitcase in taxis trunks in LOS. They stick the CNG tank back there.

As for the US, it is a horse and cart issue. Would you buy a car you can't take out of California because Nevada has no CNG stations? Would you invest in a CNG station if only a few people had vehicles that would run on CNG?

Mick888
01-03-10, 16:34
Correction,

You normally convert petrol engines to run on CNG. The gain is lower running costs due to favourable pricing and sometimes reduced fuel tax structures. You also reduce emissions. Engine performance suffers slightly.

Engine life is slightly improved due to cleaner burning qualities and cooling factor with this fuel type. Engine is normally started on a gas / petrol mix.

Diesel's already have the advantages gained above, although many diesel bus fleets use this fuel because of price advantages due to local sourcing.

Did he charge you less for the trip due to lower running costs?

Ha! Don't think so.

TuckVancouver has a number of buses running on CNG. They found that because of the dryness of the CNG they have had premature engine failure. They continue to look for a solution to that problem.

Pita123
01-03-10, 17:43
What is the shortest time you had when you barfined a girl, how much was fine and how much to her?

FreebieFan
01-07-10, 02:04
If you had to look back at this past year 2009. Which memorable moment would you pick to be your "special 2009 memory? ":

Here's mine and it happened in the south:

Had a massage takeout at my hotel room, Lady was good and very professional, she was from a massage place nearby but her English was so bad I could not figure out where she was from.

After a good hour and half (I was not expecting extras, just wanted a nice massage) she stared at my cock, stroked it and looked amazed at the size. She kept repeating "big, big" in Thai.

The sad part of all this is that, with signs, she asked me if she could take a picture of my dick with her camera-Phone. I was quite amused and agreed.

She stroked to make me erect but as she could not succeed, she proceeded to give me a nice BBBJ. Once fully erect, she took her phone, got 2 snaps and gave me a Big Thankful Wai.

She got up, packed her stuff and was ready to leave.

I was still on the bed with a raging hard-on, she could not care less.

She waied me again and thanked me (pointing at the phone), then she left the room.

I am laughing now but I wasn't laughing then LOLNice one. You couldn't make this stuff up!

Opebo
01-07-10, 19:16
I'm bringing this up because we keep losing access to more and more adult sites - first pornhub and then tube8 and keezemovies. Now, just today youporn was blocked - a very major loss. As for ones I know of/regularly view only extremetube and redtube remain. I do also often worry about access to this site.

I know about 'proxy servers', and I guess they might work for a text only site like this one, but I've never found one that would actually work for video clips - perhaps they don't allow the transfer of larger files like that?

Anyway does any one have any advice? And don't say just go get some tail, as those of us who live on a Thai salary can only afford real sex a few times a month.

Goyave
01-07-10, 20:27
... I know about 'proxy servers', and I guess they might work for a text only site like this one, but I've never found one that would actually work for video clips - perhaps they don't allow the transfer of larger files like that?

Anyway does any one have any advice? ...

It seems to work (for youporn) via: http://www.hidemyass.com

You can also try OperaTor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OperaTor), and of course, download many porn movies and video clips on certain torrent websites, such as pureTNA (http://www.puretna.com/), for instance.

FlapJacK
01-08-10, 02:26
My first time posting in the Thailand section but a long time monger of Tijuana Mexico who is considering making his first time trip to Thailand before I become too old. I am guessing that one week minimum would be preferred to enjoy the trip and not be in a big rush while am there and would stay longer if doable.

Just looking for any current information and opinions on what city is best for finding girls and having an over all good first experience, and safe time. I would like to be in an area where the chicas are plenty, clean, friendly and easy to meet and good looking and near by nice hotel. I I think I would prefer to just visit one city and stay in the same hotel as I will want to relax, drink and enjoy nice chicas and not be in a hurry while I am there. Unless convinced other wise.

Also what time of year is best as far as weather?

The only Thailand chicks I have seen in my life time are the ones on porn sites, which are very cute. Are my expectations too high thinking I will meet similar girls in real life? I like them sweet and petite or tall and slim and age 18 though 30ish. How would you say these girls compare as far as looks and attitude, personality when compared to the chicas of Tijuana for those of you have been to both places?

As for my self I am 40, thin, Caucasian and a active road cyclist who is in pretty decent shape for his age. The chicas usually guess my age 5 to 8 years younger then I am.

Also what would the expected cost of such a trip cost for lets say one week leaving from LA, CA?

I have not done any research on this and thought this might be the best place to begin to get some good ideas and advise.

Also I would be travailing alone most likely but possible not. So I will diffidently be in new territory. I have traveled much of the world in the past but never been to Asia.

Thanks!

Member #2041
01-08-10, 05:28
My first time posting in the Thailand section but a long time monger of Tijuana Mexico who is considering making his first time trip to Thailand before I become too old. I am guessing that one week minimum would be preferred to enjoy the trip and not be in a big rush while am there and would stay longer if doable.

Just looking for any current information and opinions on what city is best for finding girls and having an over all good first experience, and safe time. I would like to be in an area where the chicas are plenty, clean, friendly and easy to meet and good looking and near by nice hotel. I I think I would prefer to just visit one city and stay in the same hotel as I will want to relax, drink and enjoy nice chicas and not be in a hurry while I am there. Unless convinced other wise.

The only Thailand chicks I have seen in my life time are the ones on porn sites, which are very cute. Are my expectations too high thinking I will meet similar girls in real life? I like them sweet and petite or tall and slim and age 18 though 30ish. How would you say these girls compare as far as looks and attitude, personality when compared to the chicas of Tijuana for those of you have been to both places?

As for my self I am 40, thin, Caucasian and a active road cyclist who is in pretty decent shape for his age. The chicas usually guess my age 5 to 8 years younger then my looks.

Also what would the expected cost of such a trip cost for lets say one week leaving from LA, CA?

I have not done any research on this and thought this might be the best place to begin to get some good ideas and advise.

Also I would be travailing alone most likely but possible not. So I will diffidently be in new territory. I have traveled much of the world in the past but never been to Asia.

Thanks!

Some folks are going to tell you to RTFF and do your research, but I will cut you some slack and answer your question.

Depending on when you go, the flight will be between $800 to $1100 if you fly economy. Hotels depend upon your budget, but they could run anywhere from $25 a night, to over $100 a night depending upon your taste. I personally usually spend around $30-40 a night in Pattaya, and around $50-60 a night in Bangkok. You could eat well for $10 a day, or $50 a day depending upon your taste. Miscellaneous transportation, figure $10 a day unless you are flying to some other part of Thailand.

Professional pussy runs about $25-40 a pop in Bangkok, $15-30 a pop in Pattaya. This is for girls in the 6.5-8.5 range on looks - maybe the occasional 9 if you get lucky and strike opportunistically. You could expect to pay slightly more for extras, such as BBFS (definitely IS available - up to you if you care to partake) or Greek.

you might pay close to double that for absolute gorgeous semi-pro pussy of the 9+ looks caliber that you find on websites.

Best weather is now through the end of February. It gets even hotter and more humid from March through the Summer.

BTW, the main difference you will find relative to Tijuana is in the attitude of the girls. They generally WANT to have a good time in the process of serving you. Virtually none of the ladies are going to do the quickie and outta there and upselling every different act or position that dominates in TJ

Booey
01-08-10, 13:14

As for my self I am 40, thin, Caucasian and a active road cyclist who is in pretty decent shape for his age. The chicas usually guess my age 5 to 8 years younger then I am.

Thanks!Good info from #2041. I would suggest staying at least 2 weeks and checking out both BKK and Pattaya. Two weeks will also give you time to get over the jetlag as well. PM me and I will be happy to let you know some of my favorite places to monger, etc. Absolutely, read the forums as well, there is tons of info available and from guys a lot more experienced than myself.

Duniawala
01-08-10, 15:42
Thanks for all the answers about CNG. I am curious why it is not available in Europe, (maybe it is), or the USA.

Interesting how this fuel would allow the taxi driver to do a one way to Pattaya on less than 100 bt. They must be very hapy to have this option versus regular gasoline.
What planet are you living in? Must be nice to know all about pussys but nothing about CNG. But then again you have only 1 ball :)

Everybody knows it stands for CUM N GO. :D

Fox Two
01-09-10, 08:09
Just looking for any current information and opinions on what city is best for finding girls and having an over all good first experience, and safe time. I would like to be in an area where the chicas are plenty, clean, friendly and easy to meet and good looking and near by nice hotel...Thanks!

I would recommend 2 weeks minimum as well. You burn 2 days getting back and forth from the US. If you are only going to stay in one city, I'd go for staying in Pattaya. Walking Street, Soi 6, Beach Road and a few soapies here and there will keep you busy but not cost as much as the equivalent in BKK. All of it is much closer together and less hassle to get to than in BKK.

If you decide to stay in BKK, definitely check out Emmanuelle or Poseidon Soapies, Soi 33 and Soi Cowboy. Will be on the pricey side, but you'll definitely find an attractive girl that meets your physical requirements. Attitude might be another matter though, so do some careful window shopping first.

Cheers,

F2

M P Lurker
01-09-10, 08:18
What planet are you living in? Must be nice to know all about pussys but nothing about CNG. But then again you have only 1 ball :)

Everybody knows it stands for CUM N GO. :D
Ah yes that famous Boy George hit: "Cum-a Cameleon".
I nearly forgot that one.
Any abbreviation or local slang not listed on the standard abbreviations is dangerous unless writers don't want to be universally understood.
Plenty of USA and British terms are not used at all in my country and are too crude to appear on televison.

Showdown
01-10-10, 04:21
Sooner or later all of us want it-nice huge breasts on a girl. And I am not talking C cups. I am talking D and above. Now I have found this in Pattaya many times (with milk!) but have yet to find this in Bangkok. Part of the reason I have found it in Pattaya easier is because you can simply see them as you go down Beach Road or Soi 6. Simply 100's of girls and you can clearly spot the big juggs. Can anyone suggest to the board where you have found large breasted girls (name, location etc) so that they rest of us may indulge if that is what we are specifically looking for on a particular day? Or feel free to PM me with direct information.

Oldian
01-12-10, 07:55
i'm bringing this up because we keep losing access to more and more adult sites - first pornhub and then tube8 and keezemovies. now, just today youporn was blocked - a very major loss. as for ones i know of/regularly view only extremetube and redtube remain. i do also often worry about access to this site.

i know about 'proxy servers', and i guess they might work for a text only site like this one, but i've never found one that would actually work for video clips - perhaps they don't allow the transfer of larger files like that?

anyway does any one have any advice? and don't say just go get some tail, as those of us who live on a thai salary can only afford real sex a few times a month.i have noticed lately that the blocking is sporadic. one day the sites are blocked, but the next they are back up. i have maxnet and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when the sites are blocked. what i have found as faster and more convenient than access by proxy servers (which open the sites for me but play the videos all too slow or not at all) is to get some sort of a download program (i use ant.comwhich is free) and when the sites are not blocked, i download a bunch of videos, which can then be played at any time at excellent speed.

Opebo
01-12-10, 20:48
i have noticed lately that the blocking is sporadic. one day the sites are blocked, but the next they are back up. i have maxnet and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when the sites are blocked. what i have found as faster and more convenient than access by proxy servers (which open the sites for me but play the videos all too slow or not at all) is to get some sort of a download program (i use ant.comwhich is free) and when the sites are not blocked, i download a bunch of videos, which can then be played at any time at excellent speed.

interesting, thanks oldian. i have never found any of the sites to come back once blocked - for me they have been permanently blocked since the blocking begins. and i use many different internet shops in different towns, as well as the service at home.

Laylow3
01-13-10, 17:17
alright guys, I'll be visiting Thailand as a side trip during my 6 week stay in the Philippines. I'm planning on visiting Pattaya and bangkok. I was in the Philippines for about 4 weeks last December so I am not new to mongering. My question is simply what’s the going rate and best bars for the best girls? (‘best girls’ meaning cheapest and super hot)

I am assuming that mongering in Thailand is the same as in the Philippines except for the fact that my Thai isn’t that good and my Tagalog is good. I think I just get a hotel, go to the bar, choose a girl, negotiate price, and take her back to my room. That’s it. but I don’t think freebies are available in Thailand or maybe I’m wrong...

Daddy San
01-13-10, 20:09
I'm bringing this up because we keep losing access to more and more adult sites - first pornhub and then tube8 and keezemovies. Now, just today youporn was blocked - a very major loss. As for ones I know of/regularly view only extremetube and redtube remain. I do also often worry about access to this site.

I know about 'proxy servers', and I guess they might work for a text only site like this one, but I've never found one that would actually work for video clips - perhaps they don't allow the transfer of larger files like that?

Anyway does any one have any advice? And don't say just go get some tail, as those of us who live on a Thai salary can only afford real sex a few times a month.

Try googling "circumventing" or "bypassing" "url censorship". You'll find lots of ways around it.

In Germany, France and elsewhere in Europe, they tried to "block" child porn sites by forcing the ISPs to hijack the dns requests in their dns-servers.
And while child porn sites should be nuked or otherwise exterminated, this dns method is so childishly easy to circumvent, that it just shows the incompetence and stupidity of those calling themselves "authorities".

To find out if this method is being used in your case, find out the ip-address of your favourite (adult-) porn site, enter it into your browser's address line and if it works, your problems are almost over.

All you need to do then, is to specify the ip-address of another dns-server (e.g. opendns.org and many others, not under control of the censor) in your TCP/IP setup.

Let me know how you fare.

DS

Redfield10
01-13-10, 20:43
Once you go to Thailand you will so need to ever return to mongering in the Philippines.

Just go, see Soi Cowboy, Nana, the Beer Garden, MPS.

Easy.

alright guys, I'll be visiting Thailand as a side trip during my 6 week stay in the Philippines. I'm planning on visiting Pattaya and bangkok. I was in the Philippines for about 4 weeks last December so I am not new to mongering. My question is simply what’s the going rate and best bars for the best girls? (‘best girls’ meaning cheapest and super hot)

I am assuming that mongering in Thailand is the same as in the Philippines except for the fact that my Thai isn’t that good and my Tagalog is good. I think I just get a hotel, go to the bar, choose a girl, negotiate price, and take her back to my room. That’s it. but I don’t think freebies are available in Thailand or maybe I’m wrong...

Oldian
01-13-10, 21:30
Interesting, thanks Oldian. I have never found any of the sites to come back once blocked - for me they have been permanently blocked since the blocking begins. And I use many different internet shops in different towns, as well as the service at home.That really is strange. You might want to start checking who the provider is. Is it True (as I am sure it is in most public internet cafes?)? My sites (xvideos, pornhub) have all been up fine for the past 3-4 days, before that they tended to block every other day. Also, youporn opens all the time. Go figure.

Pita123
01-13-10, 21:38
I think I just get a hotel, go to the bar, choose a girl, negotiate price, and take her back to my room. That’s it. but I don’t think freebies are available in Thailand or maybe I’m wrong...

You are wrong.

Pita123
01-13-10, 21:39
Sooner or later all of us want it-nice huge breasts on a girl.

Not all of us. I don't find myself looking for huge breasts. Give me A-B cups all day long.

Mackin
01-13-10, 22:42
No no.. A nice perky 34b is perfect. I don't want any extra pillows to lay my head on

Big Larry
01-14-10, 09:13

I am assuming that mongering in Thailand is the same as in the Philippines except for the fact that my Thai isn’t that good and my Tagalog is good. I think I just get a hotel, go to the bar, choose a girl, negotiate price, and take her back to my room. That’s it. but I don’t think freebies are available in Thailand or maybe I’m wrong...I am in a similar position of being familiar with PI but new to Thai.

Freebies are much harder to come by in Thailand. At least for mid aged/oder guys, an important difference is that whereas in phil the bar fine is an inclusive of service price of say 1500 P here it is just for the bar (300-600B) and you must separately negotiate the girl's price 500-2000B)

In my limited experience here it is much more difficult to find girls who will hang around as liong as you want as at least here in Pattaya they are generally keen to catch another customer as quickly as possible.

Encore8
01-15-10, 05:48
Hi all

My first contribution here, covering my first trip to Thailand and my first traveling mongering experience.

I had 12 days in Thailand, around three days in each of four places in mid-late December 2009.

I researched the trip and I'm grateful for the good info from members here.

First stop was Pattaya.

As this was my first experience of the Thai scene, I was totally blown away and wide eyed. I stayed at Tim's Boutique Hotel. GF and pleasant, although one female receptionist made comments after I returned each night with a different girl.

I picked up all my girls from Walking St and I paid all of them 1,000 bht for ST. I stated my price and the three all accepted immediately. All were young slim Isaan girls and none had children.

To put the prices into perspective, I am mid 40s in age, still fit and well dressed.

I did approach one girl who wanted 1,500 bht. We agreed on 1,300 but I decided to dump her after I heard her talking on her phone on the way back to the hotel - she was telling another guy she would see him in one hour. I just went straight back to Walking St and found another girl. With all girls after that I made clear that ST meant two hours.

That night my condom broke but I suffered no problems.
I found two of the girls in bars but one was a FL. She was the disappointment. She was quite cold and soon after I entered her she asked me to hurry as it hurt. I like to screw for a long time, so this was disappointing. I kept going but eventually she insisted I stop. Later she showed me some blood on a tissue. A few of the Thai girls told me I was ‘long’, but I think this particular girl might have had a problem before she met me. I really didn’t go that hard with her.

One lesson I learnt was to take time to select a girl and not to choose just on looks. The whole experience was better where I could establish some sort of connection and a happy affectionate girl was always better than an aloof girl, even where the latter was more attractive.

Pattaya was great at night but there is nothing to do in the day. Although I love the girls, I also like to experience other things by day. For that reason, I’d be in no hurry to return to Pattaya and would only ever stay for a few days if I did.

Next was Chang Mai.

I loved this city. I stayed at Raming Lodge, another pleasant hotel with large rooms.

Within 30 minutes or arriving I found a friendly low key bar run by an Australian married to a Thai. I soon started drinking with a local girl there and ended up spending the next three days with her. She was older and definitely less attractive then the Pattaya girls, although also from Isaan. However her English was much better and she also acted as my tour guide and translator, so I enjoyed her help and it was a true GFE. Although I paid for dinner and drinks etc, she never asked me for money. When I left, I gave her a card with 2,000 bht inside. She did not open it until after I left.

I was very sad to leave Chang Mai, but was pre-booked for Phuket.

There I stayed at Sabathai Lodge in the middle of Patong. This is well located and quiet and comfortable, although it’s worth looking for discounts.
In Phuket I had three girls over three nights, all from Isaan. One was young and slim, one young but less slim as she had had a baby. The third was older, but again she had better English and I was happy to drink for a couple of hours with her before barfining her. Again, she gave a great GFE and was keen to see me the next day even though I paid for ST only.

However I was pre-booked to Bangkok.

In the capital I stayed at Majestic Suites, very close to Nana Plaza. The location was great, but I found the hotel a little depressing. It was of an OK standard – clean, well run – but half the rooms have no natural light.

I visited Soi Cowboy – a lot of fun – and Patpong – waste of time. However I always returned to Nana Plaza. I picked up two girls from there, both FL. One I decided not to screw after I got back to the hotel room – there was something unhealthy about her. I gave her 300 bht and she thanked me and left. The other was another young Isaan girl – bright and funny, we had a good time.

I haven’t described the sex in detail – in almost every case it was BBBJ, condom screw (although one girl didn’t ask, the others all did), and long reasonably hard sex in various positions. I asked one girl for anal but she refused.

I loved Thailand and would return tomorrow if I could.

Thanks again to the guys here – your tips helped me avoid problems and make the most of my first experience.

On a sadder note, a friend traveling with me caught syphilis in Cambodia even though he wore a condom. He had to go home early to deal with this. He told me, and my own research confirms, that it's very easy to miss the first symptom - a hard little lump on the penis.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Smartbuy
01-15-10, 12:35
What are the 10 or so tunes that play over and over again?

Unfortunately I ran out of time and could not visit LOS.

However I fondly remember Pattaya and strip club music (they nearly play about the same 10 songs over and over) and I don't know what they are.

Can somebody list them. Wanna load up my mp3.

One is like bang lang (gitar music strumming) and does not sound anglo.

Ryo Saeba
01-15-10, 15:34
Did a little break down of some ISG figures:

World population (minus USA but including Argentina): 6.488 billions
Thailand population: roughly 70 millions (1.08% of the total)
Bangkok population: roughly 10 millions (0.15% of the total)
Pattaya population: roughly 0.4 million (0.006% of the total)

ISG posts about the 5 continents (minus USA but including Argentina): 785,000
Thailand threads posts: 97,500 (12.4% of the total)
Bangkok posts: roughly 41,000 (5.2% of the total)
Pattaya posts: 11,900 (1.5% of the total)

Is this a great country or what? Us members of the ISG surely love it!

Ryo

P.S. - if anyone ever posted something similar I apologise, didn't mean to plagiarize or anything, just didn't have the time to do a search.

Pita123
01-15-10, 23:02
Hi all

My first contribution here, covering my first trip to Thailand and my first traveling mongering experience.

If all your posts are this good then you'll be a welcome contributor!

El Greco
01-15-10, 23:27
If all your posts are this good then you'll be a welcome contributor!

I remember back then when I joined this forum we had to post a few posts like that (was it ten of them?) in order to become senior members.

I would give him seniority with only his first one.

FreebieFan
01-25-10, 06:50
I have a friend in Thailand called Pim. She has been on several trips with me and we have always had a great time together.

I have a new friend who I haven't yet met, but will be meeting and nailing soon in BKK called Pim.

And I have a new friend in Malaysia who I will be nailing hopefully very soon also. Also called Pim.

So today by a weird and wonderful coincidence I had all 3 Pim's on msn for chat.

No probs with getting the name mixed up of course, but had to check which Pim I was replying to in the various dialogue boxes. Was very confusing but funny.

M P Lurker
01-27-10, 07:31
I have a friend in Thailand called Pim. She has been on several trips with me and we have always had a great time together.

I have a new friend who I haven't yet met, but will be meeting and nailing soon in BKK called Pim.

And I have a new friend in Malaysia who I will be nailing hopefully very soon also. Also called Pim.

So today by a weird and wonderful coincidence I had all 3 Pim's on msn for chat.

No probs with getting the name mixed up of course, but had to check which Pim I was replying to in the various dialogue boxes. Was very confusing but funny.
I spent time with Pim(s) on two succesive nights, who worked at same place previously, I called them Pim #2 and Pim #3 as 2 years ago there was Pim #1. Another girl then told me politely that I was actually with Pim(s) numbers 3 and 4. Many Thai nicknames are quite common just like my English first name is real common too.

Only occasionally do I hear a completely new Thai nickname that have never heard before. Thai girls are often using foreign words for their nicknames these days, e.g. Benz, Golf, Candy, Ice, etc. even though they cannot pronounce these some of these words correctly in the Farang manner.

Goyave
01-27-10, 09:36
... Many Thai nicknames are quite common..

I know several "Pim" too. But statistically, I think that the most common names for the girls I've "known" so far in the Land of Smiles are the following:

1) Noy
2) Nok
3) Lek
4) Fon
5) Nid

I've fucked many "animals" too ("Nok" = bird, but several others too, such as "Kai" = chicken, "Phet" = duck, "Meow" = cat, for instance). It still makes me laugh to think about the meaning of the girls' nicknames in certain circumstances. :D

Exit93
01-27-10, 12:05
Hello, my dear fellow friends and farkers

It's been a long long time since I wrote.

1] because I'm too busy with work

2] because I'm too fucking lazy to type. Sorry

I know my last report was last year and I was suppose to report my Vietnam findings but. Its just too long ago. And I'm sorry for not living up to my promise.

So here it is. I'm a Malaysian and this is what I think and sorry if the others FIND my findings and experience offensive

Travelling

Going to Hatyai = rm45. Rm60

Hatyai. BKK = 740 baht. 900 baht

BKK. Chiangmai = 518baht. 638 baht

Chiangmai. Chiangrai = 132. 238 baht

Accomodation

Hatyai = I have always stayed in Lee Gardens or Garden Home

BKK = 1st day I was here, I stayed at Modelink at Sukhumvit soi4. Thanks to this forum. But I find this place too old and too many mosquitoes. What can I farking complain about? Its fucking 700 baht right?

But I found a much better place for the same price. Its just one street before modelink at sukhumvit soi4. ITS called Naree Suites. Same price. Better rooms cleaner and new and no MOSQUITOES. BTW. Internet here is free.

Chiangmai = I have stayed at Tapae Gate Guesthouse = cheapest I got was 550baht. Usually they will quote from 600-750baht. Just try to negotiate hehe.

Royal Lanna hotel = best price I got was 1100baht.

Travellers Inn guesthouse just near Raming lodge = 600 baht no discount sadly.

Chiangrai = Diamond Park 2. Well. Last time year 2009 I got it for 500baht BUT FUCKING NEW year NEW price now = 650 BAHT. Fuck.

Orchid guest house = 400 baht. This guest house is near paradise bar or coconut bar. Forgot the road name. Sorry.

Wiang Inn hotel = fucking crazy. Last time was 1400-1500. Now after new years increased to at least 1900-2300. Fuck them.

Saenphu Hotel = last time year 2009 = 550 baht. Fucking new years price = 650 baht for good. This hotel has a disco beside the lobby. So. If you expect peace and quiet do try to get the highest floor. Just my advice.

Actual Massages

Hatyai = I only went to Pink lady. Cheap only 240 baht for 2 hours

You can select ladies for the side. If I remember correctly they will be wearing pink or green. Several nice beautifuls I have taken = number 20, number 4 new from chiangmai number 58,

Bangkok = tried many. Too many names. The one I like is actually Naree massage. They have a nice selection of young ladies. Most of them!. So its just a minute walk from my place. They could even go to your room since you rent the room from them. BTW. You can fuck these ladies. I think the price was 1500baht. Massage for 2 hours was 500baht.

Chiangmai = tried a few places as well. = Yin yang, unwind and many others on Loi Kroh street. 300 baht for 2 hours. Erm. The ones that left me good impressions was Sawasdee massage and Chang Daeng 1 and Chang Daeng 2. Chang Daeng has quite a few young ladies. Grope them. BUT NO FUCKING. You can get them to go to your room at nite though if they like you. They will go. The one I got was 23 and went to my room. I gave her 500 baht tip and she went off happy. Short time

Chiangrai = massages here are so so. I remember Sakura and Amporn massages. They are side by side. Near the Paradise bar and coconut bar as well.

EXCHANGING MONEY

I love to exchange my money with the best prices as I would get the most out of it and a bang for my buck. I'm a stingy fucker. I never change at banks as well.

Hatyai = There are 2 places that I usually go. Just adjacent of Lee Gardens and the right side of Lee Garden. These 2 shops has the BEST prices and by the way they are like Bus Tour shops. NO PLACE better's this 2. I'm talking base on Malaysian Ringgit. And a few other major currencies.

Bangkok = I think the best place to change money here is at Sukhumvit Soi3/1. These is an Arab lane. Walk along this road. Then you will see the 1st small shop that exchanges money. Fuck that shop. Turn right. Then at your left and right are shops that exchanges money as well.

Walk another 100 meters on your left the small shop HAS THE BEST EXCHANGE RATE. Tell her you goin to change ALOT but not the amount. She will change her rate and then. You decide. Ehhehe. Thats what I did. Its even better than VASU or Super rich.

Chiangmai = there is this one place just along the same road as Chiangmai Cafe. Forgot the name. Or from Royal Lanna hotel lobby turn left. Walk straight up you will see that money exchange. This is the best money exchange in Chiangmai. No other places. But the exchange rates ARENT AS good as Bangkok.

Chiangrai = NO FUCKING MONEY CHANGERS at all that I know of. FUCK. So the best I got from a BANK. Kasikorn BANK gives the best rate for EXCHANGE in MALAYSIAN ringgit. FOR US dollar I find UOB the best.

Fucking

Hatyai = I have got to know this guy. He works near the bus station. He brought me somewhere around the bus station. Most of the girls there are around 1200baht. 1600baht. From 6pm onwards. They are workers that work in the govt sector and some from university. I have seen alot of Mongolians and Vietnamese as well. This guy Adnan told me these are called the Red Chinese. For some reason?

Pink Lady = prices are from 1600baht. 2500 for sideline models

BKK = I fucked like a mad dog here. Too many experiences. I cannot give you full reports. But just places I have went. And my humble opinion

Poseidon = level 2 = prices range from 2000. 2700 baht. Girls here are ok. Looks average from 5-7.

Level 3 of poseidon = prices range from 2900 onwards to most expensive 4500. I have tried them. Looks average from 6-8. 5. Fucking level 2 is better. Looks level 3 in my opinion.

Emmanuelle = girls are ok. Nice as well. Looks from 6-7. 5. Prices from cheapest 2200. 3700baht. BTW. Emmanuelle and casanova is the same place. Casanova is the just the more expensive part where they hold the slightly more expensive girls. I might be wrong?

Caesars =. Girls are better than emmanuelle. Place looks better. Girls looks from 6. 8. Prices start from 2300. Most expensive 4300.

Nataree Massage = this IS A FUCKING AWESOME PLACE TO FUCK!. Time to go around 1. 30pm. 2. 30pm. BE THERE. The bowl is 2000. The girls outside range from 2300-5000. 5000 = those girls that are new. Or just started fucking.. DOMINATE THEM. I did try one. Didn't know nothing about fucking. So. I did all the work. Guys. If you don't like this. Please refrain from choosing the expensive ones. I am not sure if she is really new or not. But I find her really fresh. LOL. Lets just put it not so refine in her skills. Looks = 6-8. 5

Lords the Spa = this place is fucking fucking high class. Thats how they fucking portrayed themselves. Girls prices start from a crazy 3100baht. To 7100baht. Fuck them. I tried the one 5600 baht. It was just ok. Looks 6-8.

Colonze = stupid place. I will never go again. Same road as Lords the Spa. Looks = 3-6. I walked off almost immediately.

Darling massage = not my type. Looks 3-5. Near asok BST. Or if you see the king and I spa or massage same street.

Cupidy = standard has gone down. Please try to not go by taxi. Taxi commission = 500baht. Looks still ok 6-7. 5. Price range from 2000-2500 without taxi commission.

Top floor of Cupidy or Entertainment Plaza to be exact Level 2. = I think girls selection here are better. looks from 6-8. 8. Prices = from 2200baht. 3400baht.

To be continued as going for dinner now!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Bumholes1
01-27-10, 13:05
..........Many Thai nicknames are quite common.

I've fucked couple of Moo's, (PIG) and 1 girl who's name was PIH, which translates as Pussy!

M P Lurker
01-28-10, 04:01
i've fucked couple of moo's, (pig) and 1 girl who's name was pih, which translates as pussy!
i knew a girl called "moo" (piggy) who was skinny as a skeleton. amusingly inappropriate.

perhaps pih is short for "ga-bpi" (both syllables very short) being slang for pussy.

there is a also word "bpee" (falling tone) meaning to boom-boom. but no one would have this for a name. :d

the normal words for pussy (genital) are "jim" and "hoi" both with rising tone.
a somewhat crude euphemism is "mor" (falling tone) officially meaning pot. there is a very crude word "hee" also meaning pussy but i suggest guys not use this one as its very rude.

i have been told "huu bpen hee" :( meaning "(my) ear is (like) a pussy", when i couldn't hear properly what the girl was saying in a noisy place.

Happy Harry
01-28-10, 14:21
Finally I got a damn valid excuse to go back to Thailand that the mrs won't be sus about.

I have to get wisdom teeth removed and a implant. Checked prices in Australia and they quoted prices in excess of $4k because I don't have hospital cover.

I had a look on the internet but they were obviously directed towards farang so they're quite expensive.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go to in Thailand to get dental work done as well as some P4P? BKK, Pattaya??

Thanks in advance,
Harry

The Pro
01-29-10, 13:09
Very good, I use them whenever needed.

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/

Finally I got a damn valid excuse to go back to Thailand that the mrs won't be sus about.

I have to get wisdom teeth removed and a implant. Checked prices in Australia and they quoted prices in excess of $4k because I don't have hospital cover.

I had a look on the internet but they were obviously directed towards farang so they're quite expensive.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go to in Thailand to get dental work done as well as some P4P? BKK, Pattaya??

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Dinghy
01-30-10, 02:43
I liked the dentist on the left side of Soi5 off Jomtien beach road almost to the end. reasonable and good, too. good angrit as well

they have different implant prices - depends on how much you want to spend. base price is about $1000US per

Betong
01-30-10, 07:12
I have been told "huu bpen hee" :( meaning "(my) ear is (like) a pussy", when I couldn't hear properly what the girl was saying in a noisy place.Don't know this one, but it may be related to when a girl hears something in a noisy place or at a distance and someone says "Huu dii". Literally, "good ears", but it's really one of those switch-the-first-consonant things, and becomes "Duu hii" -- I see your pussy.

But yeah, "hii" is not a good word for any farang to use.

Mouse1
01-30-10, 13:04
EXCHANGING MONEY

Bangkok = I think the best place to change money here is at Sukhumvit Soi3/1. These is an Arab lane. Walk along this road. Then you will see the 1st small shop that exchanges money. Fuck that shop. Turn right. Then at your left and right are shops that exchanges money as well.

Walk another 100 meters on your left the small shop HAS THE BEST EXCHANGE RATE.That first shop has the advantage that it stays open late when all the 'regular' change places are shut (I didn't see the others so they may stay open as well). The rate was not bad, and certainly better than the hotel rate.

Gangles
01-30-10, 14:50
In my opinion, the very best place to go for top quality dental work, fast, is the Chiang Mai Dental Hospital.

It also has the advantage that all other prosthetic work is done on the premises too, so everything is as fast as it could ever be.

And teh price is excellent.

G

Dinghy
01-30-10, 17:00
I gather, then, that "hee" is the Thai equivalent of "c.u.n.t"? tone? I can go look it up...

Member #3428
01-30-10, 17:04
But yeah, "hii" is not a good word for any farang to use.

Really? Are you sure? And I thought telling a girl "Hee Men (Mein)" was a compliment... ;)

Betong
01-31-10, 04:26
I gather, then, that "hee" is the Thai equivalent of "c.u.n.t"? tone?Yep, and it would have about the same impact if you dropped it at a garden party. Rising tone.

Pita123
02-07-10, 05:19
Out last night with a FL girl I've known for a while who has a real job as well. A buddy bring along a girl that happens to be friends with another girl I know from a bar. At some point the BG says to my buddy that she worries that the FL may be tricking me since she knows all the places the WGs go (Spasso, Bossy, Spicey, etc). Apparently she doesn't realize this girl is a FL.

Is there any benefit to setting the record straight? Do I look too much like a mark if she thinks I'm being led on?

Stew2
02-07-10, 06:40
Out last night with a FL girl I've known for a while who has a real job as well. A buddy bring along a girl that happens to be friends with another girl I know from a bar. At some point the BG says to my buddy that she worries that the FL may be tricking me since she knows all the places the WGs go (Spasso, Bossy, Spicey, etc). Apparently she doesn't realize this girl is a FL.

Is there any benefit to setting the record straight? Do I look too much like a mark if she thinks I'm being led on?

Isn't the most important question why you care what she thinks, right or wrong?

Sprite13
02-07-10, 07:56
I would like to spend 6 months to a year in Thailand starting sometime later this year. I work online so I what I'd like to know is what type of visa would I need to stay in Thailand for upwards of 1 year while working there on my online biz?
Also, I'd have a budget of about US$4-5K per month, which will be increased later on. Is that enough to be able to rent a nice apart (nothing luxurious but nice enough in a good and safe neighbourhood somewhere near a nice beach, eating 99% of the time out and going out everynight? Is that achievable or not enough on that amount?

I thank you all for your valuable feedback,

Cheers.

Daddy07
02-07-10, 09:16
I would like to spend 6 months to a year in Thailand starting sometime later this year. I work online so I what I'd like to know is what type of visa would I need to stay in Thailand for upwards of 1 year while working there on my online biz?
Also, I'd have a budget of about US$4-5K per month, which will be increased later on. Is that enough to be able to rent a nice apart (nothing luxurious but nice enough in a good and safe neighbourhood somewhere near a nice beach, eating 99% of the time out and going out everynight? Is that achievable or not enough on that amount?

I thank you all for your valuable feedback,

Cheers.
You can live in a luxury condo on the beach like a King here in Pattaya Thailand on $4-5K/mo.

You might qualify for a long term non-immigrant visa depending on how old you are, and whether you meet other requirements; or you can simply get a 3 month tourist visa and make visa runs to keep it renewed.

I'm doing right now what you're thinking about, and living well on a lot less money.

Opebo
02-07-10, 12:55
I don't know where else to put this question, so here goes:

I've noticed that the new batch of Kamagra being sold in Pattaya, while being much better 'condition' - as in not so liquified, doesn't taste so bad, etc. - seems much weaker in terms of the active ingredient. I get less side effect and much less of the intended effect.

You can tell this new batch from the old because the tear-packages are much higher quality, and the gel inside is actually still a gel instead of liquified from heat exposure, breaking down, etc. But it is still inferior as far as I can tell.

Have any of you gentlemen had similar experiences?

Mua Tur
02-07-10, 14:13
Another thing I bought from Soi Buakhao, near LK Metro, while was searching viagra or cialis. It was Pnegra 4tab for 350bht. The lady told me she has lots of customers and startinting efect within 20min to 45min and reported well. For me it worked within 10min and continued for 24 hrs. But it is first I got something stimulent.

I've noticed that the new batch of Kamagra being sold in Pattaya, while being much better 'condition' - as in not so liquified, doesn't taste so bad, etc. - seems much weaker in terms of the active ingredient. I get less side effect and much less of the intended effect.

You can tell this new batch from the old because the tear-packages are much higher quality, and the gel inside is actually still a gel instead of liquified from heat exposure, breaking down, etc. But it is still inferior as far as I can tell.

The Pro
02-07-10, 15:55
Another thing I bought from Soi Buakhao, near LK Metro, while was searching viagra or cialis. It was Pnegra 4tab for 350bht. The lady told me she has lots of customers and startinting efect within 20min to 45min and reported well. For me it worked within 10min and continued for 24 hrs. But it is first I got something stimulent.Penegra is just "generic" Viagra.

Made in India, comes in 100mg tablets and its 300 baht for 4 tablets. Readily available, just ask.

Duniawala
02-07-10, 17:46

As far as I know there is no GEL type of this medicine. I regularly buy this and the "Cialis" in India and have never come across the liquid/gel type. I picked up 20 packs of Penegra in Jan and there was no mention of this type by the pharmacist.

I could be wrong, but I will checkout the gel/liquid version later this month when I visit India again. In the meantime be safe and don't get ripped off.

Opebo
02-07-10, 22:05
As far as I know there is no GEL type of this medicine. I regularly buy this and the "Cialis" in India and have never come across the liquid/gel type. I picked up 20 packs of Penegra in Jan and there was no mention of this type by the pharmacist.

I could be wrong, but I will checkout the gel/liquid version later this month when I visit India again. In the meantime be safe and don't get ripped off.

Yeah the gel (http://images04.olx.es/ui/2/58/47/21995147_1.jpg) is every where in Thailand and I've been taking it for years.

I always pay 70 baht per sachet, but normal price is 100 baht per.

Mr Enforcer
02-08-10, 10:38

I've noticed that the new batch of Kamagra being sold in Pattaya, while being much better 'condition'. As in not so liquified, doesn't taste so bad, etc.. Seems much weaker in terms of the active ingredient. I get less side effect and much less of the intended effect.

Have any of you gentlemen had similar experiences?I have heard that there are lots of batches of fake Kamagra getting sold. Tablet form. It is made from chalk. Anyone selling Kamagra for substantially less than the drugstores might be trying to flog off the fake stuff.

LittleBigMan
02-09-10, 00:46
I have heard that there are lots of batches of fake Kamagra getting sold. Tablet form. It is made from chalk. Anyone selling Kamagra for substantially less than the drugstores might be trying to flog off the fake stuff.

Underground reports like many things it's coming from China, they say it's not chalk but material from sheetrock.