PDA

View Full Version : General Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

AsiaTraveler2
01-28-08, 07:32
<cut>
Just as an aside, I have always gotten the best exchange rate while using my ATM card at the ATM machines rather than those manned booths - they give their "selling rate" for the local currency which is worse than the bank-to-bank rate for the local currency that you get when using the ATM. You can try this in any country where you land - I have tried it with UK Pound, Singapore $, Canadian $, New Taiwan $, etc.

Rbamane,

You are correct. Use an ATM card or use one of the Banks. You may need to get some currency at the airport, for the taxi and basic pre-check in stuff.

Good luck!
AT2

Duniawala
01-28-08, 08:25
Rbamane

There is one. It is a little off the regular venue. Walk down Soi 13 for about 800 meters, past the small convenience store. You will come to a small soi on your right. There is a laundry shop on that corner. Go 200 meters and you will see the sign HT Massage.

I found it by accident, and it caters to local Thais. Not sure if it caters to farangs, though. Good Luck.

Dirty Tom
01-28-08, 09:36
Thanks Duniawala, appreciate that info - will check it out.

BTW, do you know what your nick means in Hindi? Are you Indian?

Rbamane

There is one. It is a little off the regular venue. Walk down Soi 13 for about 800 meters, past the small convenience store. You will come to a small soi on your right. There is a laundry shop on that corner. Go 200 meters and you will see the sign HT Massage.

I found it by accident, and it caters to local Thais. Not sure if it caters to farangs, though. Good Luck.

Traveler1234
01-28-08, 11:33
Maybe something to consider: a Thread called NEWBIES QUESTIONS? that way, we would go in there ready to answer the same questions and not clog the regular Bkk Threads?

Nic:
There is a already Rookies thread on Giotto's forum for exactly that....http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2615

Rhabame needs to exert a little effort. The LOS forum is the most written on ISG, has the most bullshit (eg information), and yes sometimes take a little bit of time to read.

I mean - like when you're in a bar, is your wingman suppose to negotiate for you or shouldn't you do a little heavy lifting yourself. From reading the replies by others, Rbamane hasn't even taken the fucking time or effort to navigate over to Giotto's thread.

AT2 -
He can't be both a newbie and at the same time, claim he's contributed on other country forums, right? Which one is he - maybe just a lazy loser :D

IMHO :)

AsiaTraveler2
01-28-08, 12:11
AT2 -
He can't be both a newbie and at the same time, claim he's contributed on other country forums, right? Which one is he - maybe just a lazy loser :D

IMHO :)

Traveler,

I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He can be a veteran in his country and a complete newbie in another country. I know if I went to Russia to monger, I would ask a hell of a lot of questions. Duni's a BKK veteran and he had a newbie question and he could have done a search. Sex shows have been discussed before. We all have our "lazy" moments and sometime's it's not knowing where to start.

Hopefully, he gives back to others down the line. Then it will be worth while. Pay it forward kind of deal. I do a lot of work on the computer anyway, so it does not take very much time to answer what I can.

Peace,
AT2

M P Lurker
01-28-08, 12:20
Can anyone recommend which places have the best sex shows in BKK. Strange as it may sound I have never been to one. A friend of mine coming to BKK for the first time asked me and I had no answer. Many thanks.

Duni
Duni, Duni,

You were very lucky that you weren't told to RTFF. A very experienced member as well!

You could have merely pulled down the Search this Thread box and entered:
sex+shows
or
erotic+shows

An intellgent man can come up with something to search on ;) unless too lazy?

Run Mann
01-28-08, 12:23
, I put him on my ignore list.

really sorry to advise that you're one of the 'lucky' few on my 'ignore list'. No need to reply as I won't be able to see your posts anymore.
Cheers ;)

And Cheap Meat gets another award for the most idiotic posts in 2007 - grand total of 30+ ramblings.
Another for the ignore list ;)

Define recently...mine is 'being lazy'
Define participation....mine is 'ignore list'(

TT - welcome back and happy new year. Missed your insightful posts.
For non-moderators, we all have the freedom to turn others off with the ignore button - I've chosen to stay away from this by simply putting Pete on that list. Maybe you should put Giotto on your ignore list :)

Traveller, Rbamane, Petemcc, Cheap Meat and others are all on your ignore list. I suppose I will be next after this post but you need to give this ignore list stuff a rest. Soon the entire board will be on that ignore list and you won't be able to attack anyone. Still don't know why any one feels compelled to answer questions or posts they don't like, simply IGNORE the posts. I know I should have ignored your repeated ignores too but you did open the door. :cool:

Traveler1234
01-28-08, 12:27
Traveller, Rbamane, Petemcc, Cheap Meat and others are all on your ignore list. I suppose I will be next after this post but you need to give this ignore list stuff a rest. Soon the entire board will be on that ignore list and you won't be able to attack anyone. Still don't know why any one feels compelled to answer questions or posts they don't like, simply IGNORE the posts. I know I should have ignored your repeated ignores too but you did open the door. :cool:

I'm honored you actually went through my recent BS posts. Your point well taken and will take your suggestion (both of them). Sorry if you thought it was an 'attack'....:cool:

M P Lurker
01-28-08, 12:30
Don't be silly man! T1234 is promoting a very useful function of the list that people should make a lot more use of.

I have used it when someone tries to take over a thread with a lot of attacking behaviour or irritating behaviour, or just plain crap. If everyone ignored the idiots, it woul spoil their fun, as no-one would answer them.

But go ahead and put him on your ignore list, if you are so easily irritated already.

The purpose of the forum is not for attacking people. Some of us want to exchange useful information.

Run Mann
01-28-08, 12:34
I'm honored you actually went through my recent BS posts. Your point well taken and will take your suggestion (both of them). Sorry if you thought it was an 'attack'....:cool:

It was a coltish post but am honored that you took my suggestions, both of them :)

Run Mann
01-28-08, 12:36
Don't be silly man! T1234 is promoting a very useful function of the list that people should make a lot more use of.

I have used it when someone tries to take over a thread with a lot of attacking behaviour or irritating behaviour, or just plain crap. If everyone ignored the idiots, it woul spoil their fun, as no-one would answer them.

But go ahead and put him on your ignore list, if you are so easily irritated already.

The purpose of the forum is not for attacking people. Some of us want to exchange useful information.

Speaking of "silly man", you need to re-read my post as it totally escaped you given your response here, even 1234 (see below) got the point that went completely over your head.

Traveler1234
01-28-08, 16:00

I know, I know, I should just drop this. But it irritates me when someone accuses me of attacking someone without getting his facts straights.

Just for the record, here are my replies to that loser earlier this month:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=692114&postcount=1670

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=691654&postcount=1663

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=691468&postcount=1656

As you can see, they were informative, although brief, with the last suggesting he spend some time reading everyone's posts/contributions.

This doesn't include replies from others (including Thor, Member 2041, et al) who tried to help this guy out , nor did I bother to count how many follow-up questions he posted, sometimes asking the same fucking thing (in a different way).

Apologies to everyone for wasting their time with this.

NicFrenchy
01-28-08, 16:39
Nic:
There is a already Rookies thread on Giotto's forum for exactly that....http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2615I knew that, but let's not kid ourselves, you honestly think that a bloke who can't type "russian" in the search function will figure out how to go to Giotto's Forum? and even see the Rookie Thread?

Unless it's in the Thailand Forum, few newbies will see it I think.

Dirty Tom
01-28-08, 18:27
I know, I know, I should just drop this. But it irritates me when someone accuses me of attacking someone without getting his facts straights.

Just for the record, here are my replies to that loser earlier this month:

While I appreciate responses to my questions, I still have the right to ask more questions on this public forum. You have the right to IGNORE them if you don't like it. This forum ain't owned by one single person...!

For records, this escalation started with me asking for Arabic ladies and Hot Tea BJ - both of which are infrequently discussed on this thread.

As you can see, they were informative, although brief, with the last suggesting he spend some time reading everyone's posts/contributions.

This doesn't include replies from others (including Thor, Member 2041, et al) who tried to help this guy out , nor did I bother to count how many follow-up questions he posted, sometimes asking the same fucking thing (in a different way).

Looks like someone has stopped thinking in life - he never has followup questions to anything (and doesn't want others to have either) - how can one be that way man!

Apologies to everyone for wasting their time with this.

I don't think I am wasting people's time. This may be entertaining to some while it may be "IGNORE" material for some, this is e-life for me!

Enough of calling me a loser, I am not yet calling anyone a whiner!

PS: AT2 has tried to convey the point across a few times - but still someone seems to not have gotten it - you could be the King Monger in Mongolia but a noob in Egypt!

Duniawala
01-28-08, 19:00
Duni, Duni,

You were very lucky that you weren't told to RTFF. A very experienced member as well!

You could have merely pulled down the Search this Thread box and entered:
sex+shows
or
erotic+shows

An intellgent man can come up with something to search on ;) unless too lazy?
Mick, I know there are sex shows all around. My question was "which was the best one". The vets of the sex shows can hopefully point out the right one.

Believe me, I do RTFF as I did on my recent trip to CR. That reminds me. I need to make a FR on that one.

Duniawala
01-28-08, 19:05
Thanks Duniawala, appreciate that info - will check it out.

BTW, do you know what your nick means in Hindi? Are you Indian?
Just on the spur of the moment I asked an acquaintance of mine in BKK to check if the MP was still there. Sorry to disappoint you, but the place looks closed.

Yes to both of your questions.

ThaiLearner
01-28-08, 22:42
Can anyone recommend which places have the best sex shows in BKK. Strange as it may sound I have never been to one. A friend of mine coming to BKK for the first time asked me and I had no answer. Many thanks.

Duni

LongGun has a good show just watch your eyes when they fire the darts.

Run Mann
01-28-08, 23:49
But it irritates me when someone accuses me of attacking someone without getting his facts straights.

Repeteadety calling him a loser is an attact.

I did a quick read of his other posts, and then called him a loser.
He is a loser - maybe I'm an asshole or boring or arrogant or even worse
It may be complementary in your mind to call someone a loser but clearly this is an un-provoked attacked. You did not have to answer his any of his questions

Freud will have to return from his grave and explain the phenomena that triggers grown men to lose their senses/temper (like below) because someone asked a question (they did not have to answer) they don’t like.

Iurl]
sometimes asking the same fucking thing (in a different way).

M P Lurker
01-29-08, 02:05
Mick, I know there are sex shows all around. My question was "which was the best one". The vets of the sex shows can hopefully point out the right one.

Believe me, I do RTFF as I did on my recent trip to CR. That reminds me. I need to make a FR on that one.
So go to BKK thread and search for:
best+shows

Its all been covered before.
My favourite is Suzie Wong. Its hot, hot, HOT
but never boring.

NicFrenchy
01-29-08, 03:07
best+shows

but never boring.Yes, I agree 100% with Mick, Suzie Wong's Lesbian Show (4 girls) is excellent.

If you want milder shows, I suggest Angelwitch in NEP.

The ones I do not like are the Lon Gun or Rawhide Pussy Darts or Pussy Smoking Shows, it grosses me out.

Paul2020
01-29-08, 16:25
best+shows

but never boring.Agree. Was at Suzie Wong last week. Superb lesbian show with 5 girls. Took one in show with me for 1,500 baht. Excellent service. Barfine was 500 or 600, can't remember.

Old Thai Hand
01-31-08, 11:27
Although it isn't official yet, there are indications that they will shortly be tightening tourist visa rules.

Tourist visas will only be issued to those who have ongoing international tickets (outside the region) - meaning that if you have an ongoing ticket to, say Cambodia, this isn't good enough.

Basically, it is becoming more evident that they don't want outsiders here for any length of time unless they are working legally, or over 50 and can meet the retirement criteria.

Dirty Tom
01-31-08, 18:05
You could always buy an onward ticket but not take that flight... am I missing something? Probably...

Although it isn't official yet, there are indications that they will shortly be tightening tourist visa rules.

Tourist visas will only be issued to those who have ongoing international tickets (outside the region) - meaning that if you have an ongoing ticket to, say Cambodia, this isn't good enough.

Basically, it is becoming more evident that they don't want outsiders here for any length of time unless they are working legally, or over 50 and can meet the retirement criteria.

BostonBread
01-31-08, 21:26
I can retire there if I am over 50?????? I have to go earn more money now!

El Greco
01-31-08, 22:25

All about tourist visas so far. Watch out for any future changes.

I don't think there will be any for European Union citizens though.

http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/visa.htm#Visa%20type%20&%20purpose

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2489

El Greco

Dickhead
02-02-08, 13:11
Got into BKK after a 40+ hour ordeal from Buenos Aires. I did spend an entire day resting in LA, the best $94 I ever spent (maybe). I ended up with a lot more luggage so just wandering around like I said I would do was not an option and I got a hotel near the airport for 2000 baht (negotiated down from 3000 when I said I would just put my bags in "left luggage" and go into town) including the ride (they also claimed they would take me back in the morning but I did not wait to find out if this were true). Brand-new hotel. I was the first person to stay in that room. Took a sleeping pill at 0200 and woke up at 0830 and headed to the "transportation centre," arriving at 0930, just in time to wait an hour and a half for the Pattaya bus. The bus was 5 minutes late leaving which was convenient since beer sales start at 1100. 109 baht, nice bus, not crowded, mostly Europeans. Then another 20 baht for the tuk tuk to Soi 13 but they let me off at Soi 13-1 instead which confused me, and I had to ask about 30 pot bellied Germans where the Whitehouse Condotel was before I found one who knew.

Rested a bit, hooked up with my two friends, and headed to Walking Street. What a zoo. I described it as equal parts Disneyland, Las Vegas, and Gomorrah. We proceeded to a number of "go gos" and it was quickly evident that I am way too old for that kind of scene. Too fucking loud. Total sensory overload. Finally at about the fifth go go we ran into a problem when my friend wanted water, they told him he couldn't drink water and had to order booze, we wanted to leave, and they wanted us to pay for the drinks the other guy and I had ordered even though we had not received them. While attempting to negociate this, 15 Thai dudes appeared out of the woodwork, we paid, and I left disgusted. My friends continued but did not achieve their goals

The next day we went on a soapy tour of Soi 2. Started at the one on the far side from the beach. My friend took one for the team to find out the routine. 1700 baht for massage, smoke, and boom boom. He came out happy. We went across the street (caddy corner) and the problem became evident: the sewers. Most disgusting smell of my life, bar none, and I had to run or vomit. Finally we made it inside. This place was more comfortable and was starting to fill up (we got to the first place very early, like 1430). This time I went. Again 1700 for whatever. My back was messed up and I did not want some gal contorting herself on me so I reversed the courses: smoke then boom boom and then my back was more relaxed and I got a nice massage. I don't give a fuck about massages but it was a different experience. Nice gal, liked to kiss, name of (shit I forget but it was a Chinese name although she was not Chinese), number 101 on your scorecard.

Went to the place to the right (towards Soi 1), where our other friend partook and enjoyed. This place was bigger and had a lot of gals, maybe 40 by this point (4 or 5 PM). That night we returned to Walking Street where we especially liked Living Dolls, which had strong AC and some nice bathtub action. Worked our way deeper and deeper into Walking Street as it got later and later and things got weirder and weirder. Finally we were in some place fairly close to the end of the street, off to the left, and upstairs, and I saw the grossest thing I have seen in my entire mongering career, bar none.

This was another bathtub place but then they started a lesbian show and they had this huge dildo with a little tickler thing on the front, looked like a bong. It has a technical name that I forget. Anyway the gals are fooling around and one is getting ready to put the dildo in when a guy walks up and starts trying to put the dildo in the other gal (the one on top). All of a sudden this dude just buries his face in this hooker's ass hole and starts eating out her ass hole. That was pretty bad but then he jams his finger up her ass, spins it around, pulls it out, shoves it in his mouth and starts sucking on it, then pulls it out with a big smacking noise.

So that grossed us out the door. I don't know if this guy even knew her or what. At that point I knew for sure I was not in Kansas any more. We had been getting quotes of 2000 all night and plus we were satiated from the soapies. My friends are not into negociating and I knew I would never pay 2000 so we went home, pretty darn drunk. I did not bother negociating since I had no need for services but we sure did not see very many women leaving with clients, anywhere we went.

More to follow but I do recommend the hotel for I believe it was 1450 baht per night.

ThaiLearner
02-02-08, 18:15
What was the name of the go go where the would not serve you any water?

Thats notvery good .

Dickhead
02-04-08, 02:10
I don't remember but it is very near where the three Estonian guys got beat up a few days later (I think one of them died), maybe even the same place. As you are walking from Beach Road to Walking Street it is one of the first lefts on Walking Street, and then it is one of the first places on the left.

The gal from the soapy was Ming, and maybe her number was 110 and not 101. Then the next day we went back to the third and largest soapy. Whereas the first day they were very chill and friendly, this day they were saying "OK come on come on pick someone." I attribute this to the fact that only one of us went with someone the day before. This day all three of us went and none of us were happy. My gal was totally bored and mechanical, although I did come in her mouth (covered). Then they were nagging for tips and were not happy with 100 baht. Fine, you don't like a 100 baht tip, you get zero. Ming did not ask for a tip and seemed very happy. So, put soapies under the heading of been there, done that.

We liked the Thai food at Molly Malone's quite well and ate there a couple of times. Actually all the food in Pattaya was good. Then we went back to Soi 2 and went to Easy Riders on Drinking Street, which had a nice rock band and some cute gals. Went there two nights in a row, went to some beer bars, nothing memorable. We went to some go-go on Soi 2 which had soapy tubs and I pulled a nice gal from there for 1000 plus the bar fine of 600. Still this seems like too much money to me, but she was fun. After I showed her out, there were two fat drunk English women in the hotel bar so I chatted them up to see if maybe they would buy a Mick a drink which they did. They were there to see one of their sons marry his Thai girlfriend. They asked me if the woman they had seen was my Thai girlfriend. I was drunk so I said, "No, she is a prostitute. I never met her before." This did not faze them and shortly thereafter their nephew came down with his gay prostitute. Whatever.

On the final day we went into what was supposed to be the first go-go in Pattaya, the Tahitian Queen. The fat madam took a shine to me for some reason and we had many beers and then I pulled some 40kg spinner from there and bounced her around for a while. Again 1000 plus the BF. I liked this place. It is on Beach Road right by Soi 13 (although not that exact block). That night I was walking down Walking Street and some Chinese guy was yelling, "Marijuana! Marijuana!" so I bought four little envelopes of it for 1000 baht which was probably too much but I did not give a shit. First strong pot I smoked in years. Felt great. Smoked on the beach until sunrise.

The next day we left for Bangkok. My friends absolutely refused to consider taking the bus and we ended up paying 1700 baht to rent a silly, uncomfortable little car with weak ass AC. My friends had way more luggage than I had so why did I have to ride with my backpack on my fucking lap the whole way? Thanks a lot guys. Lesson learned. The bus would have been way more comfortable with better AC. Plus the Indian driver stopped for lunch at some shit hole rest area where he undoubtedly got a commission and the food was terrible. I thought I was going to be sick from it but it just kind of sat there festering in my gut for hours, leading me to have no enthusiasm to go out that night, plus I was tired. I had booked the Ever Rich Inn but instead I got "walked" to the Grand Mercure on Soi 22, which was a fabulous hotel for the 1600 baht I paid but rather far from the action.

More to follow.

Montrealer2
02-04-08, 17:57
Hi guys,

I have a fetish for nylons, pantyhose and uniforms (schoolgirl, air stewardess, nurse, maid, etc.). I am aware that there are supposedly take-out bars that cater to these types of places. Would you know of any in Pattaya, BKK and Phuket?

Thx in advance!

PS: I've heard that Afterskool in Soi Cowboy could fit my desire. Is that true?

ThaiLearner
02-05-08, 00:54
I don't remember but it is very near where the three Estonian guys got beat up a few days later (I think one of them died), maybe even the same place. As you are walking from Beach Road to Walking Street it is one of the first lefts on Walking Street, and then it is one of the first places on the left.

The gal from the soapy was Ming, and maybe her number was 110 and not 101. Then the next day we went back to the third and largest soapy. Whereas the first day they were very chill and friendly, this day they were saying "OK come on come on pick someone." I attribute this to the fact that only one of us went with someone the day before. This day all three of us went and none of us were happy. My gal was totally bored and mechanical, although I did come in her mouth (covered). Then they were nagging for tips and were not happy with 100 baht. Fine, you don't like a 100 baht tip, you get zero. Ming did not ask for a tip and seemed very happy. So, put soapies under the heading of been there, done that.

We liked the Thai food at Molly Malone's quite well and ate there a couple of times. Actually all the food in Pattaya was good. Then we went back to Soi 2 and went to Easy Riders on Drinking Street, which had a nice rock band and some cute gals. Went there two nights in a row, went to some beer bars, nothing memorable. We went to some go-go on Soi 2 which had soapy tubs and I pulled a nice gal from there for 1000 plus the bar fine of 600. Still this seems like too much money to me, but she was fun. After I showed her out, there were two fat drunk English women in the hotel bar so I chatted them up to see if maybe they would buy a Mick a drink which they did. They were there to see one of their sons marry his Thai girlfriend. They asked me if the woman they had seen was my Thai girlfriend. I was drunk so I said, "No, she is a prostitute. I never met her before." This did not faze them and shortly thereafter their nephew came down with his gay prostitute. Whatever.

On the final day we went into what was supposed to be the first go-go in Pattaya, the Tahitian Queen. The fat madam took a shine to me for some reason and we had many beers and then I pulled some 40kg spinner from there and bounced her around for a while. Again 1000 plus the BF. I liked this place. It is on Beach Road right by Soi 13 (although not that exact block). That night I was walking down Walking Street and some Chinese guy was yelling, "Marijuana! Marijuana!" so I bought four little envelopes of it for 1000 baht which was probably too much but I did not give a shit. First strong pot I smoked in years. Felt great. Smoked on the beach until sunrise.

The next day we left for Bangkok. My friends absolutely refused to consider taking the bus and we ended up paying 1700 baht to rent a silly, uncomfortable little car with weak ass AC. My friends had way more luggage than I had so why did I have to ride with my backpack on my fucking lap the whole way? Thanks a lot guys. Lesson learned. The bus would have been way more comfortable with better AC. Plus the Indian driver stopped for lunch at some shit hole rest area where he undoubtedly got a commission and the food was terrible. I thought I was going to be sick from it but it just kind of sat there festering in my gut for hours, leading me to have no enthusiasm to go out that night, plus I was tired. I had booked the Ever Rich Inn but instead I got "walked" to the Grand Mercure on Soi 22, which was a fabulous hotel for the 1600 baht I paid but rather far from the action.

More to follow.

Be very careful doing drugs In Thailand they are not easy going, I would not like to spend time in one of there jails. You would spend a long time there.

1700bht for a taxi to bangkok you paid way too much next time just go up to a stand in pattaya and you can pay 800-1000 bht to Bangkok . There is even a chap Mr Tom who will do it for 1200bht

Allover
02-05-08, 05:33
Dickhead, I have read many of your posts in the Argentina Private section. Is this your first trip to Thailand?

Great reports. Looking forward to your BKK adventures.

M P Lurker
02-05-08, 08:31
<cut>
Rested a bit, hooked up with my two friends, and headed to Walking Street. What a zoo. I described it as equal parts Disneyland, Las Vegas, and Gomorrah. <cut>
Well nice reports, but you can post about Pattaya mongering in the Pattaya Thread, so that people in the future doing searches of the Pattaya Thread will be able to find your stuff.

Looking1964
02-05-08, 14:18
Hi All,

My first post here (I'm a senior member in the USA Guide Florida) I am planning my first trip to Thailand this summer. I have read up on both Pattaya & Bangkok and I have a question. Which place would people recommend for my first time experience. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Starchild2012
02-05-08, 18:22
Hi All,

My first post here (I'm a senior member in the USA Guide Florida) I am planning my first trip to Thailand this summer. I have read up on both Pattaya & Bangkok and I have a question. Which place would people recommend for my first time experience. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pattaya by far...all action have shifted to pattaya from bangkok..

Looking1964
02-05-08, 19:47
Pattaya by far...all action have shifted to pattaya from bangkok..I've read alot about the ST and LT and other aspects of the trip. Recently, I was reading the ladyboys have been segreated to certain areas. Is this still true or has it reverted back to old days of "buyer beware".

Thanks.

Giotto
02-05-08, 19:55
Pattaya by far...all action have shifted to pattaya from bangkok..???

Giotto

Member #3428
02-05-08, 20:11
Hi All,

Thanks

Florida...you bring back memories...the old Tamiami Trail....

Anyways, depends really, why not both? They are close to each other, easy access via bus or cab or car or whatever. All action has not shifted to Pattaya, there is plenty in Bangkok. But if you are going from South East Coast USA to LOS I would think you are going to spend more then 3 days. So if you have the time, look at doing both.

In my opinion only.... I think Pattaya has cheaper prices in general, more girls in general, and the locations and hotels have cleaned themselves up some. Not sure how to say the last part really but I guess now there are some nice(r) hotels in Pattaya, or more of them. With the airport it's almost as close as BKK is, the new airport is more inbetween Pattaya and BKK. If you land the airport and head to BKK you are going opposite direction of Pattaya and the same in reverse.

BKK, it's easy, still plenty of girls, plenty of choices, definitely no shortage of girls, no hassels really, etc... Personally I like BKK over Pattaya but I have other items to do in Thailand other then just mongering. And trust me, there is plenty of action in BKK. You won't be disappointed in either place.

Redfield10
02-06-08, 03:09
Hi All,

ThanksYou are going to get a wide variety of responses. I prefer Bangkok. Pattaya is more "in your face sex". Women all over. And the chief reason for going there, imo, is "sex. "

Bangkok, on the other hand certainly has women. And it can be in your face in parts such as Sukhumvit, etc. But there's also just much more to do, etc.

I think it depends on what you prefer. Do you want to see what a big city in Asia is like and also see some women? Then it's Bangkok. If you only want to go for the women, then maybe Pattaya. If you have time, do both, then you will know which you like.

Fast Eddie 48
02-06-08, 06:39
Hi All,

ThanksLooking,

I think you should spend a few days at both city , it is only 2 hr bus ride each city are different go to bangkok first then pattaya if you like big city better than pattaya you can always leave and go back to bangkok.

Fast eddie 48

Dickhead
02-06-08, 06:47
Of course I know 1700 was too much to pay to go from Pattaya to Bangkok. We DID just go up to a stand, a couple of them. It would have been 1500 with only one stop. But anyway my friends just flat were not into negotiating anything or looking for the best price. Also it was important to them to have a newer car, and we arranged it at the last minute. I think I was pretty clear that I would have just taken the bus.

Yes, it was my first trip to Thailand, and probably my last unless there was some other reason to be there. OK, so where were we? In Bangkok, I believe. So the second morning I had to go to the Ever Rich from the Mercure to which I had been walked. By this time I had already located the Ever Rich and determined it was too far to walk with luggage. So, I had the hotel write the address in Thai and I got a cab at the hotel. All you have to do is go down Soi 22 to Sukhumvit and turn left and you go right there. I knew I was in trouble when the cab turned right on Soi 17 or so. I asked him what he was doing but he spoke zero English (which is why I had the address written in Thai). To make a long story short he drove around and around and somehow became convinced I was going to the Landmark, which is across the street, but you cannot cross the street there. He kept making U turns and I was getting more and more pissed off (he had long since turned the meter off). I ended up having to just throw the door open in traffic, reach forward, turn his ignition off, and threaten to grab his keys. I got my luggage out of the trunk, gave him his keys and the 50 baht it should have cost. He would not take the money. I think he lost face. He certainly wasn't trying to screw me; he just did not know what the fuck he was doing.

Anyway, the lesson I learned from that is not to take a cab that just dropped someone off at your hotel because he might not know the neighborhood. Checked into the Ever Rich which was fine but not great for 1600 baht. What I did like was that the AC stayed on even when you were not in the room, none of this key card bullshit. They sell beer for 40 baht. It is run by Indians. If you stay there, do not bother trying to use the internet there as it is ridiculously slow.

My friend I met in BA showed up around 2 PM and we went first to Soi 7 and ate across from the beer garden which was very good. Then we went to the beer garden which reminded me of Cafe Exedra in Buenos Aires but with cheaper beer (70 baht). But no AC. It was a bit warmish but not really that hot. Tons of women. Moved on to Nana which I expected not to like and I did not. After Pattaya it was just too weird. So then we went on the Metro to Soi Cowboy and to a place my friend referred to as the "petting zoo." The name is After School.

As soon as I came in, three women were all over me, reaching down my pants and up my shirt. I was paranoid about getting my pocket picked so I went in the men's room and put most of my money in my sock. I am not a big fan of hand jobs but then again I do not have six hands. Soon they had my dick out which I am not accustomed to in public but my dick seemed happy so I went with the flow. I ended up buying them each 2 drinks for 80 baht and one worked on my balls while one had the shaft and the third had miscellaneous duties such as nipples and DFK. I was not really looking to waste a nut with a hand job but they were fairly persuasive. As the saga continued I wondered about the mess but at an appropriate time a handful of napkins appeared and splat. So 80 x 2 x 3 + (3 x 100) in tips plus a tip for the waitress equated to about 850 baht for a hand job. WNR but it was fun. Getting jacked off in public, check off my list and no need to do again.

Later I went back to this same place and went to Naughty Boy Corner and got a fairly public BJ from one of the original three culprits. She wanted 700 and I offered 400 and she said okay, but it would be "short time." She blew me for about 10 minutes, I bought her one drink, and left without finishing. Getting blown in public, already been there and did that in Buenos Aires by far more skilled practitioners. But hey, it was fun. Good clean fun and the gals were all pretty nice.

More to follow. And yeah Mick I could put the reports in sections like Pattaya, etc., but this section is for general reports so I feel it is appropriate to put it all here. So far I am finding the visit interesting but really I like the food better than the pussy so far, as compared to Buenos Aires. I realize that is a tough comparison. Next report will start with some general observations on Bangkok.

PinkPearl
02-07-08, 04:37
What drugs are good for killing pain in Thailand? Any of these that
killed Heath Ledger.

"oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine"

Thaid Up
02-07-08, 12:04
What drugs are good for killing pain in Thailand? Any of these that
killed Heath Ledger.

"oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine"

It is easier to get illegal drugs in Thailand than legal ones. The dentists in Bangkok General Hosital do not even know what Vicodin is????? They prescribe Tyenol. Upon later reserach I found out that Thailand is so parnoid about their drug image that they banned all opiates like Codine, Vicodin even for medical purposes. Idiots! Always a constant reminder that you are living in a third world country. This is why you do not see deaths by overdose here. The illegal drugs easily obtained is pot, yaba, coke, crystal meth, but not downers or pain killers. Hence, people have to jump from condo balconies.

PinkPearl
02-08-08, 03:24
It is easier to get illegal drugs in Thailand than legal ones. The dentists in Bangkok General Hosital do not even know what Vicodin is????? They prescribe Tyenol. Upon later reserach I found out that Thailand is so parnoid about their drug image that they banned all opiates like Codine, Vicodin even for medical purposes. Idiots! Always a constant reminder that you are living in a third world country. This is why you do not see deaths by overdose here. The illegal drugs easily obtained is pot, yaba, coke, crystal meth, but not downers or pain killers. Hence, people have to jump from condo balconies.I requested T3s and Morphine from Bumrungrad Hospital, Soi 3, but got only extra strength Tylenol 500 and Celebrex. Not sure how potent the latter is vs T3s even though I used it, for the first time, since the pain was not too bad. I think I got a bit of a buzz from it, like from drinking coffee, but not as strong as taking a couple T3s.

Last trip a BKK pharmacist gave me a combination of two drugs to take that he claimed was like T3s. I got these in case my supply of T3s ran out, but have not tried them yet.

Noman2
02-08-08, 08:37
Can someone recommended good tailor shop in Bangkok or Pattaya?

Thanx in advance

NicFrenchy
02-08-08, 18:02
Can someone recommended good tailor shop in Bangkok or Pattaya?

Thanx in advanceI have my suits made at Ambassador Tailor Sukhumvit Soi 19, Great Quality! My suits are expensive though as I usually use Super 120 and prefer fabrics from England rather than Italian.

Talk to Kenny, he is a great bloke and won't overcharge you.

While waiting for your suits, go to Luxury Massage across the Street ;)

PinkPearl
02-09-08, 04:41

Tourist visas will only be issued to those who have ongoing international tickets (outside the region). Meaning that if you have an ongoing ticket to, say Cambodia, this isn't good enough.

Basically, it is becoming more evident that they don't want outsiders here for any length of time unless they are working legally, or over 50 and can meet the retirement criteria. Although it isn't infallibly true as to what the future holds, there are indications "they" will "shortly" be lightening visa rules.

The BKK post of February 8, 2008 reported that the new Tourism and Sport minister, Weerasak Kowsurat, plans to "amend relevant laws to boost the tourism industry".

Strad
02-11-08, 17:12
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080211.BCTHAILAND11/TPStory/TPInternational/Asia/

Kurt1962
02-11-08, 18:06
I have my suits made at Ambassador Tailor Sukhumvit Soi 19, Great Quality! My suits are expensive though as I usually use Super 120 and prefer fabrics from England rather than Italian.

While waiting for your suits, go to Luxury Massage across the Street ;)I can highly recommend Majestic Tailors Sukhumvit (Soi 4), owned by the same family that runs Majestic Suites (actually the tailor shop is in the same building). Excellent quality!

M P Lurker
02-13-08, 14:13
I can highly recommend Majestic Tailors Sukhumvit (Soi 4), owned by the same family that runs Majestic Suites (actually the tailor shop is in the same building). Excellent quality!
I thought I was in Soi 2 when staying at the Majestic Suites. :confused:
So where are you saying the tailor is?

1Ball
02-13-08, 14:22
I thought I was in Soi 2 when staying at the Majestic Suites. :confused:
So where are you saying the tailor is?
Mick, I believe you stayed at the Majestic Grande.
Majestic Suites is on Suk, about 50m from Nana. The tailor shop, which IMO, is highly overpriced, is next door.

M P Lurker
02-13-08, 15:57
Mick, I believe you stayed at the Majestic Grande.
Majestic Suites is on Suk, about 50m from Nana. The tailor shop, which IMO, is highly overpriced, is next door.
Yeh I'm getting old. Thanks for clearing that up.

1Ball
02-13-08, 16:58
Yeh I'm getting old. Thanks for clearing that up.
Maybe getting old, ML, but still "The Undisputed King Of The Soapies".

Padrote
02-13-08, 21:07
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330489,00.html

Owl_
02-14-08, 09:58
Interesting article for me, since I read about the pony tail bandit in the news when she robbed one of the banks and it funny that they ended up in Thailand!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330489,00.html

PinkPearl
02-15-08, 09:19
Last trip a BKK pharmacist gave me a combination of two drugs to take that he claimed was like T3s. I got these in case my supply of T3s ran out, but have not tried them yet.To elaborate on this, these two drugs I bought in Thailand are ULTRACET and something with PML1 written on the pills. I was told to take 2 tablets of ULTRACET, containing 37. 5 mg tramadol HCL and 325 mg paracetamol, with one tablet of the other {with PML1 written on it}. The latter pills say on the back of the container they are in, PHARNAX 1MG and Alprazolam 1 mg. It seems that there is no codeine, and one of the pharmacists I spoke to said I would have to go to the hospital to get codeine.

Dinghy
02-15-08, 18:30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol (like opiates, but about 10% as strong)

325 mg paracetamol is 325mg TYLENOL (another name for the product)

Alprazolam and Pharnax are identical - (again a different name for the identical drug) - used to treat anxiety (so you will still hurt but it won't make you upset)

so a synthetic low grade opiate, tylenol, and an anti-anxiety drug.

Your call. When I travel I take about 10 vicodins along for emergency use (in a labeled pill bottle - prescription) knocks out most pain quite well enough

NicFrenchy
02-16-08, 03:55
Not really sure where to post this, Sorry, so I'll post it here.

I used to have Camfrog version 3.93 with a Crack that enabled me to sort, have a bigger Video Screen and have access to Pro Member Rooms only.

I still could not open multiple videos but the Crack was working well until a few days ago.

Now, Version 3.93 is no longer supported so I had to install the newer version 4.1.82.
Now I can't really do anything except the very basic (which sucks).

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there a new Crack available out there that I do not know about?

2. If I were to upgrade to PRO (which I am considering), can I see other countries than Thailand? (Thai Government blocked other Countries to ensure people using Camfrog do not see the Sex that happends elsewhere)

Thank you for your comments

Dickhead
02-16-08, 14:24
I really expected a lot more noise, chaos, and traffic. It was a lot more orderly than I figured it would be. The biggest issue to me was the lack of sidewalks. Not really a good walking city at all.

The food was great and Thais eat the way I want to eat: five or so small meals a day, no big huge ones. That is much better for mongering too. I stuck pretty much to the Beer Garden on Soi 7 after some initial forays at Soi Cowboy. Nana was not for me.

I think the tuk-tuks are just silly and dangerous since they really are not much cheaper than the cabs. I used bus 551A, I believe is the number, to get to the airport (maybe it is 521A, but the information booths at the airport will know all of this). Metro to On Nut by the train station. I think that was 30 baht from Nana. You can leave bags at the train station for 10 bhat a day. Then the bus takes about an hour (it is air conditioned) and costs 32 baht. It goes to the "transportation centrr" and then you take a free shuttle to the actual eairport. I was amazed that you cannot buy beer there between 2PM and 5 PM or before 11 AM (applies to both the airport and the transportation centre) I also used a bus to get from the old airport to the new one when I came back from Phuket (and was going to Cambodia) and that was 32 baht as well.

When I was there I did hear that they are going to integrate the Metro and the MTA so that you can buy a single ticket, and that they are going to reduce fares to increase ridership. Now there is a concept, decreasing price to increase demand. Here in Latin America they raise prices when business is slow which is so far beyond stupid I cannot begin to comment. The Metro seemed expensive to me for the length of the trip and it appeared to be used more by gringos than by locals, and was seldom full so all of this makes good sense.

One last airport tip: Once you go through security at the new airport there are no more concessions so I bought some cold beers at the duty free. They seal the bag and you can bring it through security. Then, open the bag and bottoms up! Cheaper than buying beers at the bars. Even cheaper is the 7-11 in the entrance lobby but then you have the no beer sales during certain hours thingy to deal with; this does not apply to the duty free.

The cheapest place I found for beer, bottled water, and cheap eats was the Food King (or some such name) on Soi 5 a block from Sukhumvit. 27 baht for a Singha and 5 baht for water. Lots of cute cashiers there too. You can eat at the food counter and BYOB if you pay a corkage fee and this will still be cheaper than buying your booze at the counter.

The pool hall on Soi 7 before you get to the Beer Gardens has very good food, as does the larger place across the street caddy corner from the Beer Garden. I stayed at the Ever Rich Inn and it was okay but seemed a bit pricey at 1600 baht. They sell beer there for 40 baht or the pharmacy next door sells it for 30. It is run by Indians who speak good English, and are helpful, but yell and scream at the Thai help. I was able to leave my bigger bag there when I went to Cambodia. I stashed my last joint in the curtain rod and then requested the same room when I came back so that worked out well. Try for the rooms at the end of the hall as they are quieter. I was in 206 and it was nice and quiet. The hotel has in-room safes but no mini-fridge (at least 206 does not have one). That is where the 40 baht beers come in handy. I never tried the food there.

Probably I will never be back in Bangkok but I did enjoy it. Go to the electronics market in Chinatown, and also the flower market.

Dickhead
02-16-08, 14:36
What a terrible place. Worst attitudes I ever encountered on the trip. The first afternoon we pulled some gals from the one big place that opens up early, on the right side of Bangla as you walk towards the water. We asked them how much they wanted and they said, "Up to you." Then when we gave them 1000 baht they went ballistic. I had also offered mine 100 baht for a taxi even though we were four blocks away. She said I was "stupid" and "Phuket and Pattaya not same." Too bad. Do you want the 100 or not? She proceeded to tell me she had "her own car and everything" and did not need my money. So WTF are you bitching about? After buying them a couple of drinks and paying the 600 baht bar fine I thought 1000 was just fine and that is what we were paying in Pattaya.

Another time I was in one of the gogos in Soi Charlie and I offered the bartender a 20 baht tip for a 90 peso bill and she said "That is for the toilet." No, 5 baht is for the toilet. Then the gal I had been playing the dice game with and buying drinks for told me that the 20 baht tip I offered her was "toilet PAPER" so I stuck it back in my pocket and left.

The tuk-tuks that were 20 baht in Pattaya wanted 200 baht! Not going to happen so we basically walked everywhere. Nobody wanted to negotiate anything. No place had air conditioning. I bought a beer at the convenience store by my hotel and the clerk (cashier) asked me to buy him a beer! I thought this was such an outlandish request that I actually did it. Finally we found a pretty cool place which was called, I believe, Bar One. We had fun shooting pool with the girls and playing the dice games but when I finally took one home she was a complete starfish who would not do oral. So avoid her. She looks Chinese, always wears a hat, like a bowler hat, and is left-handed. A very good pool player.

I think Islam is fucking up this part of the country and I was disgusted to see the Muslim men wearing shorts while their wives were completely covered in the searing heat, and walking seven steps behind.

I would rather rip my tonsils out with a fish hook than ever go here again, and the food was not as good as it was in Pattaya or Bangkok. And, the place stinks to high heaven. I don't really understand why this place even exists and I think it needs a bigger tidal wave next time.

Old Thai Hand
02-16-08, 14:40
Not really sure where to post this, Sorry, so I'll post it here.

I used to have Camfrog version 3.93 with a Crack that enabled me to sort, have a bigger Video Screen and have access to Pro Member Rooms only.

I still could not open multiple videos but the Crack was working well until a few days ago.

Now, Version 3.93 is no longer supported so I had to install the newer version 4.1.82.
Now I can't really do anything except the very basic (which sucks).

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there a new Crack available out there that I do not know about?

2. If I were to upgrade to PRO (which I am considering), can I see other countries than Thailand? (Thai Government blocked other Countries to ensure people using Camfrog do not see the Sex that happends elsewhere)

Thank you for your comments

It's a one time fee of $49.95. Why not pay it? It's not much. Then you can see everything from everywhere.

NicFrenchy
02-16-08, 16:16
What a terrible place. Worst attitudes I ever encountered on the trip.Let me guess, you only stayed in Patong right?

I would rather rip my tonsils out with a fish hook than ever go here again, and the food was not as good as it was in Pattaya or Bangkok. And, the place stinks to high heaven. I don't really understand why this place even exists and I think it needs a bigger tidal wave next time.You obviously have not been out of the *****s Districts then. Phuket has some beautiful sceneries and beaches. Next time you go there, get out of Patpong, you might find some very friendly people.

last but not least, regarding the comment about the tidal wave, better shut your pie hole on the subject at least out of respect for the people who died and their Families.

NicFrenchy
02-16-08, 16:23
It's a one time fee of $49.95. Why not pay it? It's not much. Then you can see everything from everywhere.Actually price isn't the issue, I have money, it's the credit card I am missing.

But working on that so, soon I'll have one :)

Richo Stevens
02-16-08, 19:33
Okey, I've been pondering about this for a while and hope some of you could enlighten me (and others). Here in Chiang Mai the Karaoke places has been popping up rapidly the past year, nice small outlets which 5-20 girls hanging around outside in their bar stool's.

As I have one just a few hundred meters down the street I've been watching it and can't figure it out. Some guys stop in their car, the girls run over and chat and sometimes they jump in and off they go. But most of the guys pop in and stay there for some hours, and leave (happy? ).

So how does it work, can you take these girls with you if you pay a fine? (loss of profit for the place) or are those guys mentioned in the cars some VIP's which has some exclusive privilege? And in the karaoke itself, do they have short time rooms, or can you do the deed in the actual room? And how much (approx) do you think that would cost? I've found some posts from some Bangkok report, mentioning very high prices. But I can guarantee you that some of these guys who go there don't have 10k to spend.

So the reason for asking, some of these chicks are d#! "¤ hot, and I would love to swipe some of them up and drive away to a close by motel:.-) And return them in a stirred but no shaken state

Thanks for any hints!

Lover Boy #2
02-16-08, 22:09
Probably I will never be back in Bangkok but I did enjoy it. Go to the electronics market in Chinatown, and also the flower market.

So, when all is said and done......you would say Argentina is a lot better place? Can you make some direct comparisons?

Twice Divorced
02-17-08, 00:33
What a terrible place.

I would rather rip my tonsils out with a fish hook than ever go here again, I'm so glad to know this now. I have my newbie trip booked for Pattaya in May and was thinking about a side trip to Phuket for 3-4 days. Not now.

AsiaTraveler2
02-17-08, 07:38
So, when all is said and done......you would say Argentina is a lot better place? Can you make some direct comparisons?

Lover Boy,

There's no way to really compare the two. It's like comparing seafood to steaks. Some guys like both, some only like steaks and others only like seafood. You need to try them both and decide for yourself. The starting point is the woman of course. Do you like Asian woman or South American woman or both? From there, the environment, culture, food, everything is very different. Even the venues have a different approach.

Dickhead has his views and I'm sure he has his reasons for not liking certain parts of Thailand and why he probably has no plans to return to BKK. It is just one view and I hope you understand why there could be huge differences of opinion. Dickhead is clearly in the pro South America corner. That does not make him a bad guy or wrong in his assessment. Thailand does not meet his tastes or possibly it may be too far to go and he has other options closer to home. If you compare the activity on the threads, you will see all of these locations have many posters, so that means there are fans in all of these places.

I have been to both and will stick with Asia. I am Asian, born in the U.S. and I could be biased. But there are many fans of Thailand who are not Asian and they still love it just the same. Just wanted to add my thoughts.

AT2

AsiaTraveler2
02-17-08, 07:41
I'm so glad to know this now. I have my newbie trip booked for Pattaya in May and was thinking about a side trip to Phuket for 3-4 days. Not now.

Really? You would let one guy's opinion sway you that much? Your decision, but I would never understand letting one person's opinion swaying a decision to that degree. Unless, you have known him since childhood and know for a fact that you share the same opinions and taste.

Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok are very different in many ways. You need to ask yourself why these places interested you in the first place and what you believe are the differences and others on these threads will be able to confirm it for you or give you a different view.

AT2

Member #2041
02-17-08, 08:10
Well, I love Thailand, but I am going to be going to Argentina during the last half of April. I will be sure to let everyone know how I think that the places stack up. Keep in mind that my last encounter in LOS was my favorite lady from the whole trip - a passionate, playful 22 year old ultra GFE who was around an 8.5 in looks, and on whom I spent 600 baht for ST, and 1000 for LT.

PinkPearl
02-17-08, 11:04
What a terrible place. Worst attitudes I ever encountered on the trip.You had some bad luck in Phucket, which could happen in BKK, Pattaya
or anywhere in the world.

On the street in BKK one night I picked up a very pretty slim redhead from Phucket. For only 1200 Baht ST she sucked and fucked me very well. Price was not prearranged, BTW, and she was appeared happy with it.

NicFrenchy
02-17-08, 11:26
I'm so glad to know this now. I have my newbie trip booked for Pattaya in May and was thinking about a side trip to Phuket for 3-4 days. Not now.All of this because a dickhead said so? What exactly do you go to Phuket for? if it's for the *****s, then staying in Pattaya will be cheaper, if it's for the Beaches or even Surfing then you might want to go to Phuket or Trang or Koh Yao.

If you love Diving, then I suggest Koh Tao.

ThaiLearner
02-17-08, 12:25
I'm so glad to know this now. I have my newbie trip booked for Pattaya in May and was thinking about a side trip to Phuket for 3-4 days. Not now.

Don't just go on one persons say so give it a go, yes I know it is more expensive then pattaya but the beach is nice and there is plenty of exploring to be done.

I have only been once in Setember 2006 so things may have changed but give it a go you may love the place.

You get the annoying stuck up fuckers every where, why let the few spoil it for the rest.

Dickhead
02-17-08, 20:08
I find it hard to believe that anyone would think the beach in Phuket was nice, at least not the main one. But then I have been to a lot of world-class beaches (so many I never want to go to another one again). Certainly we got out of Phuket and saw some nice things but they were not related to the purpose of this board. In fact, I think when in Phuket that is the best thing to do: get out of it!

Comparing Argentina and Thailand would be like asking if you drive to work or pack a lunch. It would be like comparing Ronaldo to Minnesota Fats. There is no overlap among the two. Definitely I like the food better in Thailand. In fact, the food in Argentina is way overrated. Definitely I like the women better in Argentina but that is just me. I am sort of funny in that I like my women to move a little bit so that I am sure they still have a pulse.

Overall people in the stores and restaurants are friendlier in Thailand and the service is better. The drivers are not nearly as insane in Thailand; in fact they were surprisingly polite.

Don't get me wrong. I would go back to Thailand if I had some reason to, although I would not go back to either Pattaya or Phuket. All three of us hated Phuket so it was not just me. Bangkok is very interesting. However, I don't think it compares with Buenos Aires as a place to live simply because in Buenos Aires you get two months a year of lousy weather and in Bangkok you get maybe 4 months of acceptable weather. But again, that is just me; I could never live in the tropics unless I was at significant altitude.

My guess is that average hobbyist who takes one or two vacations a year would probably prefer Thailand just because of the sheer quantity that is thrown in your face at all times. Argentina has a tremendous quantity of hookers but the presentation venues are more subtle and would be hard to find for someone who did not speak Spanish.

I am in Patagonia now and it was carnival last night. This drove home another important difference, which is that Buddhists frown on public displays of affection whereas there were hundreds of adolescent Argentinean girls walking around virtually naked, hugging everyone in sight.

Soon I will report on Cambodia although I did not monger there very much. Strange place.

M P Lurker
02-18-08, 09:42
What a terrible place. Worst attitudes I ever encountered on the trip. The first afternoon we pulled some gals from the one big place that opens up early, on the right side of Bangla as you walk towards the water. We asked them how much they wanted and they said, "Up to you." Then when we gave them 1000 baht they went ballistic. I had also offered mine 100 baht for a taxi even though we were four blocks away. She said I was "stupid" and "Phuket and Pattaya not same." Too bad. Do you want the 100 or not? She proceeded to tell me she had "her own car and everything" and did not need my money. So WTF are you bitching about? After buying them a couple of drinks and paying the 600 baht bar fine I thought 1000 was just fine and that is what we were paying in Pattaya.

Just shows a thorough lack of understanding of the going rate, etc.
If had RTFF, then would have better undertsood what goes on.
I plan to return to Phuket for the 4th or 5th time (lost count) in a few weeks.
Its not such bad place at all if you know where to stay and where to monger.
Mind you I'm taking my GF there, so not visiting Phuket for its mongering prowess.

Dickhead
02-18-08, 13:23
What would reading the forum (which, of course, I did) have to do with a barmaid telling me that a 22% tip was toilet paper? And would reading the forum have prevented the entire town from smelling like sewage?

But then on the other hand the city I live in is filled with litter and sometimes smells like garbage. So nothing is perfect.

NicFrenchy
02-18-08, 17:44
What would reading the forum (which, of course, I did) have to do with a barmaid telling me that a 22% tip was toilet paper? And would reading the forum have prevented the entire town from smelling like sewage?Just means you most probably sticked to Patong or Phuket town and never got to experience the Real Phuket beaches. I have been there many times and find the people to be quite Friendly and always helpful.

Member #2041
02-18-08, 22:27
Comparing Argentina and Thailand would be like asking if you drive to work or pack a lunch. It would be like comparing Ronaldo to Minnesota Fats. There is no overlap among the two.
I dunno - In recent years, it seems that there was A LOT more in common between Ronaldo and Minnesota Fats than Ronaldo would care to admit. I am fairly amazed at how Ronaldo can continue to pull top-tier super models despite the substantial extra girth that he's been carrying around. It certainly has done a job of slowing his first step to the ball that defensive fullbacks had not been able to accomplish on their own previously in Ronaldo's career.

Dickhead
02-20-08, 03:02
Yes, NF, my reports on Pattaya and Phuket pertain only to the actual cities themselves and not to any of the outlying areas. For example, we never went to Jomtien. Maybe I should have made that more clear. I have no doubt some of the outlying areas are better since it would be hard to imagine them being any worse.

One more thing: I got a hell of a grilling from US Customs when I went back through LA. First I got a lot of questions about why I was there, what I did for a living, where I was going next, etc. Then I was directed to "Line B," where they wanted to see my laptop and my camera. I had deleted all the nude pictures from my laptop before I left Argentina and I never ended up using it in Asia anyway. But when I turned on the camera, the batteries were dead because it had turned itself on in my bag (a design flaw with that model of Canon), and that made the agent deeply suspicious. He point blank asked me if I had "naked pictures of girls." Fortunately I had some more batteries in my bag. After seeing a bunch of pictures of Buddhist temples and tuk tuks he calmed down (I am not into porno or taking pictures of chicas). I had a bunch of pictures from a trip to Chile with a woman friend of mine and she was fully clothed in all of them.

The funniest thing was when he saw pictures of the train tracks and the train cars in Chile. He wanted to know why I took pictures of empty train tracks, and I explained to him that my friend was from Argentina and had never seen train tracks or train cars that weren't totally full of litter.

I expected a lot of litter in Bangkok and was pleasantly surprised in that regard. In fact, my friend got fined 1000 baht for throwing a cigarette butt on the ground, which I thought was just excellent although I kept my mouth shut about it. Problem is, though, there are very few trash cans.

Anyway, be careful in this regard. He looked at all 200 and some pictures in my camera and was very suspicious that I had absolutely no pictures at all on my computer. I told him I was interested in history and architecture but not photography (this is true), and that I only took pictures on my trips because my Argentinean friends who were too poor to travel ask me to do it (also true). I had a bunch of Xanax and sleeping pills and Viagra and I did not have prescriptions for any of them so I was hoping he would not search my luggage, and he didn't. I was nervous but did a good job of not showing it, probably because I was still full of Xanax from the flight.

Dobinator1
02-20-08, 03:21
One more thing: I got a hell of a grilling from US Customs when I went back through LA. First I got a lot of questions about why I was there, what I did for a living, where I was going next, etc. Then I was directed to "Line B, " where they wanted to see my laptop and my camera. Which begs the question, how does one get their photos home safely nowadays? Anyone care to educamate me? (I'm on my way over to LOS this Friday, and would love to bring home some memories! )

Pocket Sushi
02-20-08, 03:39
Which begs the question, how does one get their photos home safely nowadays? Anyone care to educamate me? (I'm on my way over to LOS this Friday, and would love to bring home some memories! )I'm curious; when did the US become worse than Nazi Germany? If I end up encountering these type of Gestapo tactics I'll probably end up on the nightly news. Land of the Free my ass!

Big Boss Man
02-20-08, 03:58
I have my suits made at Ambassador Tailor Sukhumvit Soi 19, Great Quality! My suits are expensive though as I usually use Super 120 and prefer fabrics from England rather than Italian.

While waiting for your suits, go to Luxury Massage across the Street ;)

I went to Ambassador Tailor based on this recommendation. Kenny was late that day but got good service from Bob. I saw Kenny the next day when I came back for a second fitting and I told him he blew a commission. He's young. Hopefully he will learn.

The 120s cost $350 per suit fully-tailored. Try to pay in baht as there is a credit card surcharge of 4%.

You can buy 120s in the garment district in LA for $400-$500. If you add the 8.25% sales tax and $100 for tailoring in LA buying suits in BKK is a good deal.

I also had dress shirts made to order. Shirts are $35. The shirts in LA are $42 for high quality in the garment district so this is not as great of a deal.

NicFrenchy
02-20-08, 04:17
Which begs the question, how does one get their photos home safely nowadays? Anyone care to educamate me? (I'm on my way over to LOS this Friday, and would love to bring home some memories! )Try yousendit ;)

Download your pics to a computer, upload in Yousendit and send to your Email (any email) and then download them again from Yousendit once safe and sound at home.

www.yousendit.com

NicFrenchy
02-20-08, 04:27
I went to Ambassador Tailor based on this recommendation. Kenny was late that day but got good service from Bob. I saw Kenny the next day when I came back for a second fitting and I told him he blew a commission. He's young. Hopefully he will learn.

The 120s cost $350 per suit fully-tailored. Try to pay in baht as there is a credit card surcharge of 4%.

You can buy 120s in the garment district in LA for $400-$500. If you add the 8.25% sales tax and $100 for tailoring in LA buying suits in BKK is a good deal.

I also had dress shirts made to order. Shirts are $35. The shirts in LA are $42 for high quality in the garment district so this is not as great of a deal.It all depends on the Fabric you choose. If you know a little bit about Suits, you will see the difference between an Italian and Brittish Fabric, Taylor made and Off the rack Suit.

I have some Very expensive Hugo Boss and Armani Suits but None of them are as nice as the ones From Ambassador Taylor.

Also, As I mentionned, my suits are expensive (16,000 was the cheapest, $500) but they last long, I had 4 suits made 3 years ago when I arrived in Bangkok and they haven't moved, not even a little bit.

One tip though, always make sure you ask them to make 2 pairs of Pants for the suit as Pants get used much faster than the JAckets.

Shirts are around 850-900 thb per piece depending on what you want (I always ask for French Cuffs).

As far as I am concerned, price is not the Issue: I want a good suit that looks good on me. My job requires to meet a lot of customers and I can't afford to meet them wearing a suit or Shirt that has too long sleeves or too large Collar. You want to look good? This has a price.

El Greco
02-20-08, 06:03
Which begs the question, how does one get their photos home safely nowadays? Anyone care to educamate me? (I'm on my way over to LOS this Friday, and would love to bring home some memories! )

There are too many free places. All you need is google them.
Here is one

http://www.easyshareonline.com/

I would pay 7 euros for one month at

www.rapidshare.com

Would upload them there and download them once at home and then delete them from their site.

It's the best of them all.

El Greco

Padrote
02-20-08, 08:35
What was more interesting was the following quote, wonder what exactly those lifestyles preferences are.

"There are personal reasons they are there," said Arevalo. While he would not detail them, Arevalo said, the two had "individual lifestyle preferences" that led them to Thailand where the drug and sex scene is well-known.

Interesting article for me, since I read about the pony tail bandit in the news when she robbed one of the banks and it funny that they ended up in Thailand!

Jeremy
02-21-08, 14:53
Which begs the question, how does one get their photos home safely nowadays? Anyone care to educamate me? (I'm on my way over to LOS this Friday, and would love to bring home some memories! )1. Go to an internet cafe, download the pics into the computer, have them attached them to a email message and send them to yourself. Many pics? Do it many times.( Better still, get yourself more email addresses, all free.)

2. buy yourself one or more flash drives, the latest I got was 8gig each. Load the pics on it(or them??) and dump the drives in your luggage. Make sure to clear your camera.

Regards,

Dooley

Deep Throat
02-22-08, 02:12
Ok, as you can see from my sign-on I'm a big fan of DEEP THROAT. It's gotta be bareback for it to be any good. I'm planning a trip of 2-3 weeks for January/Feb. 2009 and am trying to decide where to go. Thailand, Cuba, Cambodia, or Dom Republic. If I choose Thailand then I gotta decide between BK, Pattaya, and Phuket. Biggest problem I have is that some friends of mine know of my "sexual addiction" and think I'm in recovery, which is no longer true. If I tell them I'm going to Thailand, especially BK, they'll be all over me about it. How does one decide where to go for great BJ's, and how do you explain it to family and friends so they don't suspect you're going for sex tourism? For example, I'm thinking that if I go to Thailand I'll tell everyone I'm going to some remote beach area that's not known for sex. And. Are there any nice beaches in Pattaya?

Any and all information and recommendations would be appreciated.

1Ball
02-22-08, 02:59

2. buy yourself one or more flash drives, the latest I got was 8gig each. Load the pics on it(or them??) and dump the drives in your luggage. Make sure to clear your camera.

Regards,
Dooley
Not a good idea. Customs will ask you if you have any USB with you. If you lie, and they find them, you are in deep doo-doo.

Emailing them to yourself is the best way.

Easy2007
02-22-08, 04:34
If you really want to hide data while you travel, use something like TrueCrypt.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

Not a good idea. Customs will ask you if you have any USB with you. If you lie, and they find them, you are in deep doo-doo.

Duniawala
02-22-08, 19:20

Just put them in your pocket (the ones with nude images) keep one with touristy pictures with the laptop. Never had any custom officer to ask me, in my years of travel, to empty my pockets.

however, emailing is a better idea,

Dinghy
02-22-08, 20:07
I've NEVER had customs ask if I had any USB with me (which I do, usually 1 or 2 sticks) - but I'm not used to coming in thru LAX either (the Thai air non-stop) so this trip might be different.

With 4gb SD cards out there (and MICRO SD as well) that CAN fit into a wallet, they would need to be VERY interested in my system to even CARE.

This trip I'm trying a new 7mb camera that takes up to 4gb SD so we'll see if they care (camera is about the size of a pack of cigs)

Member #3428
02-22-08, 20:18
I've NEVER had customs ask if I had any USB with me (which I do, usually 1 or 2 sticks) - but I'm not used to coming in thru LAX either (the Thai air non-stop) so this trip might be different.

FWIW... Las Vegas, LAX, San Fran are the only places customs have ever given me more then a quick question and look over. IAH, EWR, Miami, JFK, GUM, HNL, and others have never ever done anything more then pass me through. Only a few times have they attempted to open my computer, phones, camera and such and only at those first three airports. And they did ask for all drives and memory sticks.

1Ball
02-22-08, 20:48
I have been asked to empty my pockets, at SFO. They ask their questions very well.

"Is this the ENTIRE contents of your pockets"

If you say yes, and they search you and find something other than an old mint, well................I wouldn't risk it.

If the customs officer has a bug up his ass, you can bet he wants to look for yours too. :(

Traveler1234
02-22-08, 21:25
FWIW... Las Vegas, LAX, San Fran are the only places customs have ever given me more then a quick question and look over. IAH, EWR, Miami, JFK, GUM, HNL, and others have never ever done anything more then pass me through. Only a few times have they attempted to open my computer, phones, camera and such and only at those first three airports. And they did ask for all drives and memory sticks.

Besides my laptop, carry digital camera, 3 compact flash cards, couple of mobile phones, 3 memory sticks for music/pictures on mobile phone, and of course couple of thumb drives. But I always wiped them clean before landing and anything worth saving is uploaded to a gmail or yahoo account. And fortunately I have never been stopped.

This time home, TG non-stop flight to JFK landed 6:25 am, took 10 min to get door open, 5 minute walk to immigration - literally 5 minutes later I'm outside, free and clear and on my way home. Immigration never said a word except 'welcome home', customs took my card, waved me through ;)

DG69
02-23-08, 06:59
Ok, as you can see from my sign-on I'm a big fan of DEEP THROAT. It's gotta be bareback for it to be any good. I'm planning a trip of 2-3 weeks for January/Feb. 2009 and am trying to decide where to go. Thailand, Cuba, Cambodia, or Dom Republic. If I choose Thailand then I gotta decide between BK, Pattaya, and Phuket. Biggest problem I have is that some friends of mine know of my "sexual addiction" and think I'm in recovery, which is no longer true. If I tell them I'm going to Thailand, especially BK, they'll be all over me about it. How does one decide where to go for great BJ's, and how do you explain it to family and friends so they don't suspect you're going for sex tourism? For example, I'm thinking that if I go to Thailand I'll tell everyone I'm going to some remote beach area that's not known for sex. And. Are there any nice beaches in Pattaya?

Woldn't say that Thailand is a good deep throat destination. Even in blow job bars I didn't got a dt. I made good experience in that regard in Brazil and Eastern Europe.
Well, why do you tell your friends that you are going to Thailand at all. Why not tell them you are on a business trip or training course and some weeks not at home?

Redfield10
02-23-08, 09:34
Wasn't sure where to post this , so I'll post this here...should we be very alarmed about this??

"Gentlemen, we have a situation here. Sponsored by Tom Lantos 10/18/2007 new anti-sex work legislation H.R.3887 passes the House. Section "Sex tourism" prohibits sex with consenting adults even in countries where this is legal. For example, an American who buys sex in legal brothel in Amsterdam, Tijuana, Rio, Thailand, Germany would be subject to Federal prosecution back in the US - link http://bppa.********.com/2007/12/new-federal-anti-sex-work-legislation.html Contact your Congress person ASAP and tell them NO on H.R.3887 link http://espu-ca.org/wp/?page_id=161 "

Old Thai Hand
02-23-08, 11:38
I have been asked to empty my pockets, at SFO. They ask their questions very well.

"Is this the ENTIRE contents of your pockets"

If you say yes, and they search you and find something other than an old mint, well................I wouldn't risk it.

If the customs officer has a bug up his ass, you can bet he wants to look for yours too. :(

Maybe you happen to be particularly shifty looking. :D Are you swarthy and sweaty like Nixon? He always looked quilty of something.

1Ball
02-23-08, 15:22
Maybe you happen to be particularly shifty looking. :D Are you swarthy and sweaty like Nixon? He always looked quilty of something.
I am 1.55m, 154 kg, I look a bit like "Carrottop", with a lazy eye and buck teeth.

But as I walk down the street in my Singha tank top, the TGs call me hansum man, so I think I am doing OK.

AsiaTraveler2
02-23-08, 20:08

BKK has many bj bars, some better than others. As a cover, you will be going through some stop on the way to Thailand and back. Spend a day or two there on the return. Buy some gifts and souvenirs to take back home and take some pics. Spending a day or two, will give you some cover stories. Of course, hopefully, it's not a mongering destination. My stop overs go through Japan, China, Korea or Taiwan.

You can also tell them I'm going to New York, France, some city you are already familiar with. Business or pleasure, depends on your situation. You would have a good cover story, but may have problems explaining why you don't have any gifts/souvenirs in hand.

If you are serious about the sex addiction problem, you may want to think this over and put this trip off a while and ask yourself if it's worth it.

Good luck!
AT2

NicFrenchy
02-23-08, 22:42
Ok, as you can see from my sign-on I'm a big fan of DEEP THROAT. It's gotta be bareback for it to be any good. I'm planning a trip of 2-3 weeks for January/Feb. 2009 and am trying to decide where to go. Thailand, Cuba, Cambodia, or Dom Republic. If I choose Thailand then I gotta decide between BK, Pattaya, and Phuket.Mate, you will find some Deep Throaters in BKK or Pattaya without any problem. What I don't like in Thailand is that a lot of girls are totally uneducated/unexperienced when it comes to BJ or HJ, they just think that quickly sucking the tip or a simple up and down motion will suffice and we both know it is not the case. Having said that, SOL has a few girls that can suck the life out of you, same for Tulip.

Best thing to do when over there is to ask and they will point you towards the right girl.

Recently I had a Great Experience at Annies and the girl sure did know how to suck! ;)

Regarding your Addiction, no worries, just have a good time and have no regrets! ;)

Terry Terrier
02-24-08, 02:00
ok, as you can see from my sign-on i'm a big fan of deep throat. it's gotta be bareback for it to be any good. i'm planning a trip of 2-3 weeks for january/feb. 2009 and am trying to decide where to go. thailand, cuba, cambodia, or dom republic. if i choose thailand then i gotta decide between bk, pattaya, and phuket. biggest problem i have is that some friends of mine know of my "sexual addiction" and think i'm in recovery, which is no longer true. if i tell them i'm going to thailand, especially bk, they'll be all over me about it. how does one decide where to go for great bj's, and how do you explain it to family and friends so they don't suspect you're going for sex tourism? for example, i'm thinking that if i go to thailand i'll tell everyone i'm going to some remote beach area that's not known for sex. and. are there any nice beaches in pattaya?

any and all information and recommendations would be appreciated.
is noi (the slightly chubby early 30s one) still working at [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) bkk? if she is, she will suck you inside out.

Deep Throat
02-24-08, 02:38
Thanks Nic, that's exactly what I hoped to hear. Anyone with specific recent luck regarding mind-blowing BJ's (and deepthroat in particular) please report! And no worries about the sex addiction dude. Thanks for the advice though.

Deepthroat

M P Lurker
02-24-08, 05:26
Wasn't sure where to post this , so I'll post this here...should we be very alarmed about this??

"Gentlemen, we have a situation here. Sponsored by Tom Lantos 10/18/2007 new anti-sex work legislation H.R.3887 passes the House. Section "Sex tourism" prohibits sex with consenting adults even in countries where this is legal. For example, an American who buys sex in legal brothel in Amsterdam, Tijuana, Rio, Thailand, Germany would be subject to Federal prosecution back in the US - link http://bppa.********.com/2007/12/new-federal-anti-sex-work-legislation.html Contact your Congress person ASAP and tell them NO on H.R.3887 link http://espu-ca.org/wp/?page_id=161 "
But mongering is usually cheaper than having a regular GF or wife.:)
Thankfully I'm not stuck in a puritanical country.
Although Australia has legalised sale of sex, I don't buy here as its just not good value.

M P Lurker
02-24-08, 05:38

But mongering is usually cheaper than having a regular GF or wife.:)
Thankfully I'm not stuck in a puritanical country.
Although Australia has legalised sale of sex, I don't buy here as its just not good value.

M P Lurker
02-24-08, 06:21
<cut>
Biggest problem I have is that some friends of mine know of my "sexual addiction" and think I'm in recovery, which is no longer true. If I tell them I'm going to Thailand, especially BK, they'll be all over me about it. How does one decide where to go for great BJ's, and how do you explain it to family and friends so they don't suspect you're going for sex tourism?
<cut>

The ones that know you for sex addiction will suspect no matter what you tell them.
But join the club. We are all sex addicts here. LOL
My sex addiction is under some control.
I don't monger in my home country any more.
I save it for places where the girls are fantastic or value for money exceptional and mainly while on hoildays or weekends in Germany.

I once did table-top clubs back home but realised too much money for not enough fun.
Trying the German FKK clubs convinced me that almost everything back home was poor quality. and so I was cured of mongering in my home country.

In Thailand can still get quality girls for a good price.

Southbound69
02-24-08, 19:00
In general I like Air Asia, I have had 3 round trip flights with them and another coming soon. The problem is when I try to book online when it comes time to use my credit card it always tells me that the card has been declined. I call my cc company (Capital One card) to find out wtf and they say it should be no problem they are not declining it. I even tried a different card and a debit card with the same result. I call Air Asia and they say it has to be a card issued in Thailand. OK, well now I have to book with the agent and now I pay a lot more because the low fares on the website are only available if you book online. The fares with the agent are much higher! ARRRGG

The card won't work online but it works perfectly fine when the agent runs the card.

That was before, now I am trying to change a fight so I try to do it online. I am able to get to the screen to change the flight and when I submit it it says that the system is down. So now I have to change the flight with an agent which will cost me 1050B and an international phone call instead of 600B.

Has anybody had this problem with Air Asia? I can't help but think that maybe this is a scam to get more money out of us. Otherwise I like the airline.

Redfield10
02-24-08, 23:09
In general I like Air Asia, I have had 3 round trip flights with them and another coming soon. The problem is when I try to book online when it comes time to use my credit card it always tells me that the card has been declined. I call my cc company (Capital One card) to find out wtf and they say it should be no problem they are not declining it. I even tried a different card and a debit card with the same result. I call Air Asia and they say it has to be a card issued in Thailand. OK, well now I have to book with the agent and now I pay a lot more because the low fares on the website are only available if you book online. The fares with the agent are much higher! ARRRGG

The card won't work online but it works perfectly fine when the agent runs the card.

That was before, now I am trying to change a fight so I try to do it online. I am able to get to the screen to change the flight and when I submit it it says that the system is down. So now I have to change the flight with an agent which will cost me 1050B and an international phone call instead of 600B.

Has anybody had this problem with Air Asia? I can't help but think that maybe this is a scam to get more money out of us. Otherwise I like the airline.The card doesn't have to be issued in Asia. I've book many flights with them and never had a problem. Maybe it's which screen you are using to start from. I'm not sure.

Run Mann
02-24-08, 23:28
In general I like Air Asia,. I call Air Asia and they say it has to be a card issued in Thailand.

Has anybody had this problem with Air Asia? I can't help but think that maybe this is a scam to get more money out of us. Otherwise I like the airline.

Not sure why you are having these issues but I have used AA three times over the past two years traveling from Bangkok to Chaing Mai and Phnom Penh and booked online with a U.S. based credit card. Never had an issue with them and they did not rip me off. I registered with the Air Asia site and the booking became easier the seond and third time. I don't think they have some universal policy of scamming customers via their credit cards.

W20415
02-25-08, 00:44
Can some one give me an unbiased opinion of which is better Manila or Bangkok? Price wise which is cheaper? Which has the best looking? Any other comments or reccomendations. Which is easlier to travle in. I will be traveling April 1 thru 8th so I need to decide where I want to go soon.

Orange Sunshine
02-25-08, 02:11
Southbound69,

I've booked several flights on Air Asia the last few years and I do remember an instance when my credit card was declined. When I called customer service in Malaysia, they suggested I use another card. The second card was accepted so I then called the issuing company of the first card. I found out that there was a recent security flag against the card for a large number of foreign charges (I'd been booking flights and hotels for an upcoming trip) but unfortunately I hadn't received any notification of such. I think Air Asia's credit card processing picked up this anomaly and therefore declined the first card I had used to book the flight. This may not be your scenario but it wouldn't hurt to confirm this from your end.

Mr Enternational
02-25-08, 06:47
Just saw this article on bug eating in my local online newspaper:

Thais eat more than 150 insects, including crickets, silk worms and dung beetles. Canned crickets are sold in supermarkets, and vendors selling bugs are a common sight in Bangkok.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/02/24/bugs_0225.html

NicFrenchy
02-25-08, 07:02
Just saw this article on bug eating in my local online newspaper:

Thais eat more than 150 insects, including crickets, silk worms and dung beetles. Canned crickets are sold in supermarkets, and vendors selling bugs are a common sight in Bangkok.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/02/24/bugs_0225.htmlAnd that's news to you?

Have you been to Thailand Before?

Etaoin2003
02-25-08, 14:40
Stephen Colbert interviews bug-eating scientist David Gracer:
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/index.jhtml?ml_video=156551

Sponsored by Nabisco Wheat Thins! Now we know the secret ingredient to that crunchy goodness.

Etaoin2003
02-25-08, 14:49
The problem is when I try to book online when it comes time to use my credit card it always tells me that the card has been declined. I call my cc company (Capital One card) to find out wtf and they say it should be no problem they are not declining it.

I have had problems booking Air Asia and Nok Air with some credit cards. I've also had problems on the ground in some parts of the world getting a card to work in a restaurant, etc.

Solution: Use a different card. I would not travel abroad with only one card.

In particular NEVER rely on American Express being accepted. That's a good way to go hungry and sleep in a bus station.

It would be great if customer service reps (for the airline, or for the credit card company) actually knew what they are talking about but in my experience they tend to just make shit up to get you off the phone.

Cactus J
02-25-08, 15:10
I had a similar problem with Air Asia not accepting my credit card on their website last year. Just waited and booked at the airport when I arrived, credit card worked fine.

Cactus J

Easy2007
02-25-08, 15:48
A lot of "online" processing companies have "blacklists" of IP addresses. If you are trying to use your credit card on line from a "blacklisted" IP address, the company that processes the on line transaction will not authorise it, the transaction will not even go so far as to be sent to your credit card company, it will fail the IP address check.

Therefore, it could be to do with where you are trying to buy on line from, and what ISP you are using.

Given you tried many cards and they all fail, it tends to suggest to me its your IP address from the ISP thats the problem.

I call my cc company (Capital One card) to find out wtf and they say it should be no problem they are not declining it. I even tried a different card and a debit card with the same result.

Dinghy
02-25-08, 19:21
as to eating bugs - "If it can't outrun them it's food".

BE CAREFUL with most of the bugs - it's been reported that they knock down a lot of them with insecticide and then gather them.

Japanese seem to be the customers for the large scorpions.

I've seen centipedes pickled in bottles of yeow ngern and then served up like tequila with the worm in the bottle (but you don't eat the bug I guess)

Bugs, snakes, exotic animals (there's a restaurant in Pattaya on 2nd road near Apex that sells a meal of ostrich, hippo and alligator <- those aren't too exotic, though)

ThaiLearner
02-25-08, 20:46

I have heard other had a problem with Nok air I think it was but not air asia

NicFrenchy
02-26-08, 01:39
I've seen centipedes pickled in bottles of yeow ngern and then served up like tequila with the worm in the bottle (but you don't eat the bug I guess)
There is a mexican Spirit called MEZCAL, they put a worm in the bottle and tradition wants that the person who finishes the Bottle eats the Worm.

Some Mezcal also have scorpions in it.

Southbound69
02-26-08, 03:35
Hey, thanks guys for all the suggestions on my Air Asia credit card problems. I now suspect that maybe it is an IP address issue that Easy2007 suggested since I did use different cards with the same result but works fine when the agent runs the card over the phone. Next time I will try booking with a different internet connection.

Southbound69

DG69
02-26-08, 09:54
Can some one give me an unbiased opinion of which is better Manila or Bangkok? Price wise which is cheaper? Which has the best looking? Any other comments or reccomendations. Which is easlier to travle in. I will be traveling April 1 thru 8th so I need to decide where I want to go soon.

Imho, Phils is more expensive. Barfine is much higher and side costs (Hotel, food, internet, supermarket is also more expensive)
Girls in Phils:
Average phil girls are less beauty than average thai girs. Thai girls are usually firmer and also taller.
Good looking phil girls are more beauty than good looking Thai girls. Sounds wired, but in other words. In Thailand you have a higher niveau, but the in the phils there are some stunner (mostly mixed blood) whose you find not so easy in Thailand.

Dinghy
02-26-08, 17:32
ya know Nic, I knew that TEQUILA doesn't have the worm but I didn't think that "others" here would be quite as up on the Mexican firewater. BTW - if you are ever IN Tequila, take the Sauza tour and get to see how they make it (up close and personal - including the "tasting bar" at the end of the tour)

Most of the time I drink the "better" tequilas (reposado or antigue) and only occasionally drink the lesser stuff (even venturing into "aguardiente" at times - which is what I generally bring to Thailand)

Sammon
02-26-08, 19:48
Air asia and other low cost auirlines do not accept all the credit cards online.

You have register either mastercard secured or visa verified systems.
Not all banks participate in this program.
First check whether your card issuing bank is on their list.
Go to mastercard secured or visa verified website to check.
If your issuance bank is listed you can sign up. It is free.

After signing up you will have no problem booking online using those cards.

Apart from online booking your card will work anywhere else just fine even if you do not sign up.

The reason for starting this program is many people booked their flights using stolen credit cards. When the airline presented the transaction for payment the banks refused saying the charge is not authentic. Airlines lost lot of money.

Otimo
02-27-08, 08:35
Ok, sometimes I'm a little slow, but I just realized that in sometimes "oil massage" means "balls massage. " Is this always the case?

Meaty
02-28-08, 09:06
Ok, sometimes I'm a little slow, but I just realized that in sometimes "oil massage" means "balls massage. " Is this always the case? Not at all, oil massage means either a body massage using oil, or an all out brothel like Tulip, Angel, Teen or Euro etc. Balls massage is a specific massage concentrated on...yep...you guessed it...your balls, there is typically a small surcharge on the menu of places claiming to offer this service but invariably, Rin excluded, it is simply a lure to get you to part with more cash at the counter and not professionaly administered.

John Jr
02-29-08, 03:39
Guy's is it possible to have a short report on the prices in Thailand .

If the rates are different from city to city please include .

Thanks ,

John Jr

Bronx Prowler
02-29-08, 05:40
What is the best method of transportation to get from Bangkok to Pattaya?

My goal is to spend the first two days after arrival in Bangkok and then move over to Pattaya for 4-5 days before and then back again to the airport.

Thanks.

Meaty
02-29-08, 07:25
What is the best method of transportation to get from Bangkok to Pattaya?....
By road :D
Best would be private limo with a couple of eden girls, next just a limo, next a taxi, and if on a p*ss poor budget get the bus.

Dickhead
02-29-08, 16:36
I disagree that a taxi is better than the bus. I took the bus one way and a taxi the other way and the bus was much more comfortable. More leg and head room, better AC. It is safer, better from an environmental standpoint, and you see much more since you are higher up (not that there is all that much to see). That's regardless of cost.

Hit n Run
02-29-08, 22:39
What is the best method of transportation to get from Bangkok to Pattaya?

My goal is to spend the first two days after arrival in Bangkok and then move over to Pattaya for 4-5 days before and then back again to the airport.

Thanks.If staying near Nana, take the Metro one stop to Ekamai Station exit. Walk one block to the Ekamai Bus Station. 120 Baht to Pattaya Bus station. Nice bus with AC. About a 2 hour ride.

Uzinuzin
03-01-08, 01:01
Just to add to problems of booking online, I read on another forum that your IP address must be from the country that issued the credit card. That means booking from inside Thailand with foreign credit card is not possible. This was for NokAir I think, might not be for other airlines/online sites..... (could also be still credit card specific of course).

1Ball
03-01-08, 02:01
I have credit cards issued in the USA, and have booked online with Air Asia while in Indonesia.
Never had a problem.

Anonmyous
03-03-08, 14:35
To all of you experienced mongers,

I'm new to the scene in Thailand, and looking to take my first trip soon. I have a few questions, and I hope you have a few answers. My thanks in advance, and I'll try to keep it quick.

1. I speak NO Thai, how big of a problem is that?

2. I speak a ton of Japanese, is that going to help?

3. If I'm f***ed on the language barrier, are guided tours just scams, or are there a few jewels out there that are either reasonably price or worth the money?

4. For a first-timer in Thailand, what is the best city to hit up (if I can only make one)?

5. If I can make two cities?

Thanks again to anyone who can help mw out with this.

Anonmyous

Meaty
03-04-08, 09:03
1. I speak NO Thai, how big of a problem is that? no probem at all, basic English is widely understood.

2. I speak a ton of Japanese, is that going to help?? Are you serious ? What on earth makes you think it might help you in Thailand ?

3. If I'm f***ed on the language barrier, are guided tours just scams, or are there a few jewels out there that are either reasonably price or worth the money? see answer to point 1

4. For a first-timer in Thailand, what is the best city to hit up (if I can only make one)? are you coming solely for pussy ? Pattaya or Bangkok will suffice

5. If I can make two cities? see answer to point 4

Anonmyous
03-04-08, 14:41
Meaty,

Thanks. I'm going mainly for pussy, but wouldn't mind having a few other experiences as well. If you've got time, I have a few more questions.

1. For pussy, which do you think is better: Bangkok, or Pattaya?

2. If I'm interested in seeing some other stuff on the side?

Thanks a bunch.

- Anon

Hermescali
03-04-08, 17:26
Meaty,

Thanks. I'm going mainly for pussy, but wouldn't mind having a few other experiences as well. If you've got time, I have a few more questions.

1. For pussy, which do you think is better: Bangkok, or Pattaya?

2. If I'm interested in seeing some other stuff on the side?

Thanks a bunch.

- Anon1. That depends on you. I like Bangkok better. But I am not as price sensitive as others.

2. Definately Bangkok. Much more to do in and around Bangkok than in and around Pattaya.

I am traveling to Thailand next week. Will spend a week in Bangkok, close to a week in Koh Chang and 2 days in Pattaya. But these are just my choices.

AsiaTraveler2
03-05-08, 07:59
To all of you experienced mongers,

I'm new to the scene in Thailand ...

1. I speak NO Thai, how big of a problem is that?

While I agree somewhat with what Meaty said, "widely spoken" is pushing it. Many speak basic english and enough to point you in the right direction, but it is a 2nd language for them. Don't expect much conversation other than "where you from", "You holiday?", "You sex now?", etc. You will find some that break the mold, so they are gems when you find them. But you can get by just fine with just English. In this regard, though, the Phillipines is better.

2. I speak a ton of Japanese, is that going to help?Yes, some. I actually find some girls in Nana and obviously the J-Bars that speak much better Japanese than they do english. It may help, if you choose those venues. You can also mix English and Japanese with those girls, to hold a decent and fun conversation (yeah, I know some are saying "conversation! WTF"). You need to be Japanese or Chinese\Korean (w/Japanese language skills) to get into many of the J-Bars.

3. If I'm f***ed on the language barrier, are guided tours just scams, or are there a few jewels out there that are either reasonably price or worth the money?
Do your homework and learn where the cool places are. The girls can be your company, but they only know the bar circuit and are not generally very good guides. There are some legitimate tours, but BKK is not very hard to navigate. You get more done on your own.

4. For a first-timer in Thailand, what is the best city to hit up (if I can only make one)?

I would say Bangkok and Pattaya 2nd. I'm not a big Pattaya guy, and find Bangkok much better if you want a great overall experience (girls, but also live music, touristy things, good restaurants, etc.). There are other great cities in Thailand, but it's your first visit, and based on your line of questions I would suggest Bangkok. Pattaya is cheaper, though.

Have fun,
AT2

Mr Enternational
03-08-08, 06:25
I arrived in BKK last night at midnight. Of course all of the taxi stands want 900 baht to go to the Nana. I went to the fourth floor. Outside and across the first driveway to where the taxis had already dropped off their fares.

Well, by the meter I paid 150 baht to go to the Nana + 2 tolls for 65 baht (25 + 40). The taxi fare would have been a little less but the driver had to pass soi 4 and go all the way up around soi 20 something to make the u-turn to get back to soi 4.

Right now I am in the process of looking for a van to go to Pattaya tonight. I have more friends coming in at BKK tonight. The lowest price I am able to get has been 2500. Not bad split 7 ways for a van. Last time me and 1 wingman paid a taxi 900 baht from Nana to Pattaya.

1Ball
03-08-08, 23:04
Sorry for the off topic question, but does anyone know if IBM laptop batteries are available at Pantip plaza?

Feel free to PM response, rather than clutttering things up hrere.

thank you very much.

Member #3428
03-09-08, 01:14
I find fortune better (plus easier to get to, u can take the mrt) for things like batteries when i was looking for my USA market Toshiba battery replacement.

Sorry for the off topic question, but does anyone know if IBM laptop batteries are available at Pantip plaza?

thank you very much.

Terry Terrier
03-09-08, 01:21

thank you very much.
I would be astonished if they weren't available in the shops at the back of the plaza. Quality and newness are 'buyer beware' of course.

M P Lurker
03-10-08, 06:24

thank you very much.
I would have thought the "General Thread" was the place for any question lacking a specific thread and including even non-mongering topics.
So no apology needed! :)

Now not referring to 1Ball here, but making a general observation:
PMs are best for secrets or things relating to personal business, particularly personal contact information.
But I think PMs are overused as often the question and answer can be of interest to others on the Forum.
PM Questions to me sometimes make me wonder why the entire forum couldn't be asked the exact same question, as the forum will know the answer better than me, and I don't always have time to respond immediately. Are members getting scared to be told to RTFF?

Thor93
03-11-08, 02:33

thank you very much.

One of the guys I work with needed a Thinkpad battery on one of my trips and we found one in Pantip, but the price was outrageous compared to what we could get it for in the US so he passed. The problem was that it was probably a real Thinkpad battery. Like everything else there you have to double check to see if you are buying the real thing or a fake. Real things are not always so good a price.

1Ball
03-11-08, 02:53
I would have thought the "General Thread" was the place for any question lacking a specific thread and including even non-mongering topics.
So no apology needed! :)

Now not referring to 1Ball here, but making a general observation:
PMs are best for secrets or things relating to personal business, particularly personal contact information.
But I think PMs are overused as often the question and answer can be of interest to others on the Forum.
PM Questions to me sometimes make me wonder why the entire forum couldn't be asked the exact same question, as the forum will know the answer better than me, and I don't always have time to respond immediately. Are members getting scared to be told to RTFF?
I agree the general thread should be for non mongering questions. However, it sometimes gets misused, hence my apology.

I think some do feel they might be hit up with a RTFF. I also think a long time member has a better chance of getting a response versus a RTFF, than a new member. I mean, if someone with 3 posts asked this, he probably would not get a response. Or he would get blasted.

So, my thanks to all who have responded, in the thread, and by PM. Thor, good point, I have sometimes found prices in LOS are higher than other countries.

Meaty
03-11-08, 04:10
LOS can be addicitive ;), but this is desperately friggin stupid, shame on you fool :o

Expelled Frenchman arrested for trying to sneak into Thailand

A Frenchman was arrested yesterday in Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet district while trying to breach through a border fence between Thailand and Cambodia.

Checking immigration records, police later found that Levy Gilbert Gille, 55, had been expelled from Thailand for his theft conviction and overstaying Thai visa in April 2006. Gille, a certified assistant engineer, was sentenced to a suspended one-year prison term for stealing and overstaying Thai visa in Pattaya by the Chon Buri court, which ordered his expulsion.

Gille has been charged with illegal entry and violating expulsion order and is now in custody of Khong Luek police.

The Nation
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30067746

NicFrenchy
03-11-08, 04:30
LOS can be addicitive ;), but this is desperately friggin stupid, shame on you fool :o

Gille has been charged with illegal entry and violating expulsion order and is now in custody of Khong Luek police.

The Nation[/i]
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30067746Well he wanted Sex in Thailand didn't he? he will get plenty of that in a Thai Prison, though his asshole might bleed a little LOL.

M P Lurker
03-11-08, 08:00
I agree the general thread should be for non mongering questions. However, it sometimes gets misused, hence my apology.

I think some do feel they might be hit up with a RTFF. I also think a long time member has a better chance of getting a response versus a RTFF, than a new member. I mean, if someone with 3 posts asked this, he probably would not get a response. Or he would get blasted.

So, my thanks to all who have responded, in the thread, and by PM. Thor, good point, I have sometimes found prices in LOS are higher than other countries.

So when I get a PM question that is not really personal, I should reply ATFF, "Ask the fucking forum", or if I am in a good mood, just ignore it. :)

Daddy07
03-12-08, 13:14
The big news story in the USA recently is a sex scandal involving NY governor Elliott Spitzer,a former star federal prosecutor, who was caught by the feds in a high priced prostitution sting operation. He made himself famous by prosecuting several similar operations and sending the hapless participants to jail.

The word ‘hypocrisy’ is hardly adequate to describe this man’s personality. Last word is that 70% of his constituents what him to resign or be impeached. His wife and kids are mortified. His political career is shattered. He is the object of derision and ridicule on late night TV. He might well be charged with serious crimes. No one likes him anymore. People are angry.

On top of all that, it appears that the fool paid upwards of $5,000 USD for just one pop. Well … I don’t give a damn about his mongering proclivity. I don’t care if he loves the ladies. I won’t even quarrel with his desire to pay for sex.

What pisses me off about this idiot is that he paid too much.

Regards,
Daddy

Fon Tok
03-12-08, 13:45
What pisses me off about this idiot is that he paid too much.He wanted bareback. It costs more in DC!

What does a guy like this say to his wife? "Sorry?"

Thor93
03-12-08, 15:43
The big news story in the USA recently is a sex scandal involving NY governor Elliott Spitzer,a former star federal prosecutor, who was caught by the feds in a high priced prostitution sting operation. He made himself famous by prosecuting several similar operations and sending the hapless participants to jail.

The word ‘hypocrisy’ is hardly adequate to describe this man’s personality. Last word is that 70% of his constituents what him to resign or be impeached. His wife and kids are mortified. His political career is shattered. He is the object of derision and ridicule on late night TV. He might well be charged with serious crimes. No one likes him anymore. People are angry.

On top of all that, it appears that the fool paid upwards of $5,000 USD for just one pop. Well … I don’t give a damn about his mongering proclivity. I don’t care if he loves the ladies. I won’t even quarrel with his desire to pay for sex.

What pisses me off about this idiot is that he paid too much.

Regards,
Daddy

But what is really bad here in the US now is the rhetoric being used to describe any man that uses a prostitute. The media is in a feeding frenzy and spewing forth venom that is designed to get women ready to castrate any man that gets caught paying for sex. Basically those of us who frequent this forum would be considered among the lowest of the low in society. We are debasing these poor women and deserve only contempt.

Basically now would not be a good time for any US guy to get caught by his wife playing around. If she listens to any of this crap, she will be in a very unforgiving mood.

It would be interesting to hear the reaction of a Thai hooker when she finds out that some guy in the US paid US$5000 for short time. I doubt if she would think she was the victim under those circumstances.

NicFrenchy
03-13-08, 00:02
What does this have to do in the Bangkok Section?

Is the USA Forum closed?

Daddy07
03-13-08, 10:05
What does this have to do in the Bangkok Section?

Is the USA Forum closed?

Nic,

This is not the Bangkok Section. This is the General Reports Section.

I cited it only as an example of how some mongers pay too much for sex. I think it is applicable to Thailand, the USA, or anywhere else in the world.

1Ball
03-13-08, 11:02
To close the subject here, and for those who might be interested in prices, I went to Fortune today, on Ratchada. I found a IBM OEM thinkpad battery for my computer, price 165 US$. I can buy the same online, and have it delivered for under 80$. I am going to be ordering it this week.

Prices are not always better in Asia.

Thor93
03-13-08, 13:10
To close the subject here, and for those who might be interested in prices, I went to Fortune today, on Ratchada. I found a IBM OEM thinkpad battery for my computer, price 165 US$. I can buy the same online, and have it delivered for under 80$. I am going to be ordering it this week.

Prices are not always better in Asia.

Actually most material consumer goods are almost always cheapest in the US regardless of where it is made. I can buy a German car much cheaper in the US then I can in Germany. Swiss chocalate is cheaper in COSTCO than anywhere in Switzerland. I shopped for a Japanese camera in Japan and found that the shops in Tokyo could not come close to what I could buy it for in the US. Real ADDIDAS or NIKE sportswear, is usually cheaper in the US than even Thailand. And when it goes on sale in the US there is no comparison.

Sex unfortunately is the one great exception. The cheapest Thai working girl transplanted to the US still commands what would be a stratospheric price in Thailand.

Member #2041
03-13-08, 14:42
Actually most material consumer goods are almost always cheapest in the US regardless of where it is made. I can buy a German car much cheaper in the US then I can in Germany. Swiss chocalate is cheaper in COSTCO than anywhere in Switzerland. I shopped for a Japanese camera in Japan and found that the shops in Tokyo could not come close to what I could buy it for in the US. Real ADDIDAS or NIKE sportswear, is usually cheaper in the US than even Thailand. And when it goes on sale in the US there is no comparison.

Sex unfortunately is the one great exception. The cheapest Thai working girl transplanted to the US still commands what would be a stratospheric price in Thailand.

My experience is that most stuff costs less in Hong Kong and in Vietnam than in the U.S.

Thor93
03-13-08, 15:54
My experience is that most stuff costs less in Hong Kong and in Vietnam than in the U.S.

I have priced a lot of electronic goods in Hong Kong and almost always found that it was cheaper in the US. A couple of trips ago I priced a Panasonic FX series camera that I had bought for the TGF. I could not find any shop that could beat the US price of the same camera in COSTCO in the US.

During my last trip I wandered through a couple of the ADDIDAS and NIKE shops in Kowloon and basically they were selling everything at the same undiscounted price as I could get it in the US. Bangkok was the same story. The difference was that there are a lot more sales and discount places you can go in the US to find the same stuff.

My TGF has been after me to buy her a plasma TV, but when I look at the prices in Bangkok compared to the US, I can't bring myself to pay that much more. I think the difference is that the competition in the US is just so much more. You just don't have that many different places to go buy those kinds of goods in Bangkok.

I suppose over time the "big box" stores will also proliferate in Bangkok and the rest of the world.

Traveler1234
03-13-08, 16:26

I humbly disagree, unless you're talking about something like expensive high end watches or low end electronic accessories. Most regular product, electronics and camera included can be gotten on-line stateside.

Hummer Bird
03-13-08, 17:03
i humbly disagree, unless you're talking about something like expensive high end watches or low end electronic accessories. most regular product, electronics and camera included can be gotten on-line stateside.
guys your right, prices for most consumer goods are cheaper in the us.
why? because of the failing dollar. most americans have no idea what the environment is really like outside of the safe fold. the us has thrown perfect propaganda out for years, but when you fly into lax or jfk and see what those airports look like compared to thailand, hong kong etc, you will be shocked at the state of the states. the us infrastructure is crumbling and the rest of the world is now coming to the states for oursourceing. the corporate greed and politicians behind them are not concerned about the us people or the country. only [CodeWord125] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord125)!!
the only reason things are cheap is the states for now, is that the population would revolt if they really understood what their dollar is worth in the open market. ignorance is bliss though, and walmart is the haven for it.
oh
cheers
mates

Member #2041
03-13-08, 17:20
I humbly disagree, unless you're talking about something like expensive high end watches or low end electronic accessories. Most regular product, electronics and camera included can be gotten on-line stateside.

I was talking about high end stuff. Also high quality fakes are cheaper in HK and Vietnam than in the U.S. For example, I can get high quality fake mechanical Patek Philippe or comparable watches for $30 or less in HK or Vietnam, whereas the cheapest that the same fakes can be gotten in the U.S. is off the internet for prices of around $150 or so.

Camera gear is the exception, where the U.S. prices are definitely the lowest in the world. 10 years ago, Hong Kong was cheaper, but not anymore.

Thor93
03-13-08, 20:24
I was talking about high end stuff. Also high quality fakes are cheaper in HK and Vietnam than in the U.S. For example, I can get high quality fake mechanical Patek Philippe or comparable watches for $30 or less in HK or Vietnam, whereas the cheapest that the same fakes can be gotten in the U.S. is off the internet for prices of around $150 or so.

Camera gear is the exception, where the U.S. prices are definitely the lowest in the world. 10 years ago, Hong Kong was cheaper, but not anymore.

I agree with you on the fake or bootlegged stuff. No better place than Thailand or China. I prefer to deal with the guys in Thailand over China though for fake watches or bootleg movies. I use the same girl at Pantip plaza for my movies and she warns me which movies aren't good quality. I have a watch guy down in Patpong who is only out during the day and he also warns me which watches are best and which to avoid.

I have never been able to find any similar "honest" sellers like that in China. But then I do spend a lot more time in Thailand than China.

Member #2041
03-14-08, 00:35
I agree with you on the fake or bootlegged stuff. No better place than Thailand or China. I prefer to deal with the guys in Thailand over China though for fake watches or bootleg movies. I use the same girl at Pantip plaza for my movies and she warns me which movies aren't good quality. I have a watch guy down in Patpong who is only out during the day and he also warns me which watches are best and which to avoid.

I have never been able to find any similar "honest" sellers like that in China. But then I do spend a lot more time in Thailand than China.

Actually, I think that Ho Chi Minh City is the best of all for the high quality fakes - prices similar to China, but vendors looking for longer term business, similar to Thailand.

Gfighta
03-14-08, 03:46

I have never been able to find any similar "honest" sellers like that in China. But then I do spend a lot more time in Thailand than China.Care to share who your guy is in PP? I'd like to pick up a few watches before I head home.

Traveler1234
03-14-08, 10:30
Actually, I think that Ho Chi Minh City is the best of all for the high quality fakes - prices similar to China, but vendors looking for longer term business, similar to Thailand.

Didn't realize you were talking about high end fakes :)
Shenzhen for watches - according to my son.
I land in HCMC in 24 hours, will see what's being sold and report back!

Mr Enternational
03-14-08, 11:42
My watch guy is in the Nana area. I always give him 1200 Baht for the best supercopies on the market. Sometimes he tries to jack the price up on me like he did yesterday when I returned to buy two more. He gave me a price of 3600. I reminded him that I always give him 1200 each and that I had just bought 3 for 3600 a few days ago while his brother was manning the store. I told him that I am going to have to start bringing my receipts to remind him. There is never a problem returning for exchange or repair and I always use my credit card.

DVDs are another matter. I have found it best to get them on the other side of the globe in Lima, Peru for $1 each, case included.

Sevastopol1
03-14-08, 14:18
My watch guy is in the Nana area. I always give him 1200 Baht for the best supercopies on the market. Sometimes he tries to jack the price up on me like he did yesterday when I returned to buy two more. He gave me a price of 3600. I reminded him that I always give him 1200 each and that I had just bought 3 for 3600 a few days ago while his brother was manning the store. I told him that I am going to have to start bringing my receipts to remind him. There is never a problem returning for exchange or repair and I always use my credit card.

DVDs are another matter. I have found it best to get them on the other side of the globe in Lima, Peru for $1 each, case included.
Can we keep this site clear of shopping gossip, I personally can speak to the wife regarding this!!!

Member #2041
03-14-08, 17:10

The fakes I was looking for were not available in the Nana area - only Patpong. I'm talking about thin, mechanical high quality copies of brands like Patek Philippe, Jaeger LeCoultre, Breuget, and Vacheron Constantin - not the widely available stuff like big clunky fake Rolexes, Omegas and Brietlings and the like, or quartz copies.

Here are examples of the caliber of fake I'm talking about - I actually got these three watches for $80 TOTAL for the 3 in the central marketplace of Ho Chi Minh City, negotiated down from an asking price of $80 EACH - note the thinness and the beautiful, completely mechanical movements:

http://www.replicahause.com/patek-philippe-grand-complications-replica-watch-p-1651.html?osCsid=389a0e20293c4e9540cb440ac2cbcab2

http://www.hotreplica.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=3957&prname=Breguet_Classique_Manual_Winding_replica_

http://www.hotreplica.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=2626&prname=Jaeger_Le_Coultre_Master_Reveil_Small_Hours_Hand_replica

This similar quality fake Vacheron Constantin set me back 1600 baht in Patpong, negotiated down from 4500:

http://www.replicahause.com/vacheron-constantin-minute-repeater-replica-watch-p-1654.html?osCsid=389a0e20293c4e9540cb440ac2cbcab2

I'm quite sure that 1600 baht was the best price on this caliber of fake in Patpong, as several vendors let me walk at 1500 before they took 1600. So that's still substantially higher than the same quality fakes sold for in Ho Chi Minh City ($27 vs $48). In China, the same fakes could be had for $25 to $30 as well.

Hummer Bird
03-14-08, 17:28
What is with the extended home shopping network banter. This is an APB-
PLEASE put up some photos of: babes, prices, locations hours. performance, etc.

Member #2041
03-14-08, 17:37
Hummer Bird, this is the General Information thread. You will find plenty of Pussy information in the sections on Bangkok, Pattaya, and any other Thai locale threads that you search.

M P Lurker
03-16-08, 03:23
I use the same girl at Pantip plaza for my movies and she warns me which movies aren't good quality.
Me too. I buy from "Bow" at KB Video on the ground floor next to escalator coming down. They are very fair, will replace movies, and tell which are the master quality, since I am a regular customer and buy a lot of movies. They only stock shoddy new movies because the competition places have latest movies filmed off the Cinema screen. But KB don't sell any crap to me, and will replace anything I am not happy with.

Joe Nailer
03-17-08, 14:30
Hullo,

This may be a question to BKK residents.

I am planning for a trip to BKK in mid April. I understand between 12 and 15 April is Songkrun.

Among other things, I want to buy a pair of glasses. Are shops open? Are opticians / optometrist working during this peiod?

TIA

Duniawala
03-17-08, 18:30
WUERZBURG, Germany -

Brother Niklaus, a 49-year-old Benedictine monk was arrested in Germany for stealing erotic movies from a sex shop. He was regularly sent to town by the abbey on church business.

He was only caught when an assistant at a sex-shop in Wuerzburg -- 150 miles from the abbey -- spotted him trying to hide a selection of movies under his habit.

After the assistant spotted the miscreant monk, he chased him through the streets of Wuerzburg, during which time Brother Niklaus tried to dump the stolen films in a trash bin. Police later discovered he had stashed almost 40 erotic movies in his cell at the abbey.

Among the films he was stealing when he was caught were "Ladyboys do Bangkok" and "Nuns in Heat".

LittleBigMan
03-18-08, 09:36
Need More Gas,

Yes and Yes!

Joe Nailer
03-18-08, 13:48
Need More Gas,

Yes and Yes!Thanks LBM.

Now I can go ahead and book flights etc.

Lover Boy #2
03-19-08, 08:36
WUERZBURG, Germany -

Brother Niklaus, a 49-year-old Benedictine monk was arrested in Germany for stealing erotic movies from a sex shop. He was regularly sent to town by the abbey on church business.

He was only caught when an assistant at a sex-shop in Wuerzburg -- 150 miles from the abbey -- spotted him trying to hide a selection of movies under his habit.

After the assistant spotted the miscreant monk, he chased him through the streets of Wuerzburg, during which time Brother Niklaus tried to dump the stolen films in a trash bin. Police later discovered he had stashed almost 40 erotic movies in his cell at the abbey.

Among the films he was stealing when he was caught were "Ladyboys do Bangkok" and "Nuns in Heat".

Sexual repression = bad acts

Travelforfun
03-19-08, 09:16
I have managed to squeeze in a short 1 night stop over in BKK during my upcoming trip this weekend.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get the maximum mileage in 1 day in BKK, i've been to LOS a few times before but never on such a short trip so i guess wont be able to head off to Pattaya.

1:- Need suggestion's on a decent hotel where i can find some girls as soon as i land , thts about 1400 Hrs.

2:- A good MP , preferably in or near the hotel.

3:- I'm super horny mood after my recent Dubai trip , can anyone suggest best place to pickup girls fast...Guess Nana would be the best option but i would'nt mind exploring another destination this time round.

4:- Is getting escorts worthwhile? Any suggestions on some hot escorts around?

Thanks in advance pals

Lover Boy #2
03-19-08, 09:53
I have managed to squeeze in a short 1 night stop over in BKK during my upcoming trip this weekend.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get the maximum mileage in 1 day in BKK, i've been to LOS a few times before but never on such a short trip so i guess wont be able to head off to Pattaya.

1:- Need suggestion's on a decent hotel where i can find some girls as soon as i land , thts about 1400 Hrs.

2:- A good MP , preferably in or near the hotel.

3:- I'm super horny mood after my recent Dubai trip , can anyone suggest best place to pickup girls fast...Guess Nana would be the best option but i would'nt mind exploring another destination this time round.

4:- Is getting escorts worthwhile? Any suggestions on some hot escorts around?

Thanks in advance pals

Majestic Suites....or Grande or Dynasty depending on budget......right out to Eden or Annies....or grab the rail to Rachada.

Travelforfun
03-19-08, 10:17
Majestic Suites....or Grande or Dynasty depending on budget......right out to Eden or Annies....or grab the rail to Rachada.

Thanks mate...

NicFrenchy
03-19-08, 10:52
1:- Need suggestion's on a decent hotel where i can find some girls as soon as i land , thts about 1400 Hrs.Nana Hotel or Majestic Suites

2:- A good MP , preferably in or near the hotel.Annies

Nana Parking Lot, BG7, Sukhumvit Road Freelancers, M2N Bar

4:- Is getting escorts worthwhile? Any suggestions on some hot escorts around?No. Unless you value your privacy?

Escorts will cost you an average of 5,000 ST up to 10,000ST for Stunners. Not worth the money.

Member #3428
03-19-08, 16:56
Need a good spa for girl and guy to go and get a scrub and facial work etc... GF wants to do an afternoon type thing getting pampered and such and wants to drag my ugly butt along with her. Staying at Soi 8 but can go anywhere in town. Any guys send their wives off to a good place. PM me or post either way. Did RTFF some but am not seeing what I am looking for.

Definitely she does not want a Thai massage.. more of a spa type thing then anything else.

NicFrenchy
03-20-08, 01:29
Need a good spa for girl and guy to go and get a scrub and facial work etc... GF wants to do an afternoon type thing getting pampered and such and wants to drag my ugly butt along with her. Staying at Soi 8 TV,

I believe "The King & I" at the beginning of Soi 12 is a Great and Legit Spa.

1Ball
03-20-08, 03:35
Tansak, what kind of a "facial" are you really looking for?
;)

Member #3428
03-20-08, 03:47
Tansak, what kind of a "facial" are you really looking for?
;)

I give facials and massage so receiving is not my style... I leave that to you, you are my guide and teacher oh brother of mine. Too bad you skipped out, I was hoping for an excuse to go back to beer garden, I guess telling her it's a good restaurant will have to do.

Thanks Nic... See U Friday??

Hummer Bird
03-20-08, 04:47
Sexual repression = bad acts
Do not ever come to the USA!

Lover Boy #2
03-20-08, 05:56
Need a good spa for girl and guy to go and get a scrub and facial work etc... GF wants to do an afternoon type thing getting pampered and such and wants to drag my ugly butt along with her. Staying at Soi 8 but can go anywhere in town. Any guys send their wives off to a good place. PM me or post either way. Did RTFF some but am not seeing what I am looking for.

Definitely she does not want a Thai massage.. more of a spa type thing then anything else.

http://www.healthlandspa.com/spamenu.html

This is the place you want. You will see mostly Thai's with BMW/Mercedes outside.....a nice professional place...and I have been there many times.

Lover Boy #2
03-20-08, 06:03
Do not ever come to the USA!

I have been to the US many times and went to school there for years. The prostitution scene is repressed, but if you can socialize with the right people, there can be a very good sex scene found in larger cities. The "easy sex" availabilty where no play is required to get the girls is absoloutely horrible....and the place can be no fun if you don't plan right. Also, the cost of moving a relationship from "dating" to great sex can be very expensive as far as time and money go. I do agree that the USA can be one of the toughest places to operate. I hold my head up with pride in that I have never had p4p sex in the USA.....not for moral reasons.......but what a fuck ing hassle!!

Sainter21
03-21-08, 23:12
Hi all,

This is a post of mine from the Melbourne, Australia forum. Thought you guys could add some input. Cheers.

I've came upon an interesting scenario and would like some feedback and thoughts on the issue.

I have been visiting a Thai working girl multiple times now and its now at the point where I'm seeing her 'outside of the shop' as she says, as in dating with no money changing hands. I have spent some nights with her at my place and at hers once while in Bangkok. I actually like this girl and would like for something to happen.

She is here as a student, which she does during the day, but essentially here illegally as her student visa doesn't allow her to work anywhere, let alone a brothel.

Anyway, recently she has been dropping hints that she wants to stay permantly in Australia, yada, yada, yada and I'm like, ok here we go. Having visited Thailand 10 times in the past 6 years I know enough to know that you can't trust 99% of Thai girls when it comes to genuine relationships and the like.

Then, she said something that stopped me in my tracks. SHE will pay ME $20000 if I marry her. Whats going on here? Apart from being illegal (de-frauding the government in some way) I have never heard of this arrangement taking place. Usually its the guy fighting through the red tape and costs to secure the girl a visa......isn't it?

The funny thing is, I would consider doing it for nothing since I liike her, but I have this vison of her doing the runner after its all said and done.

Anyway, thought it was interesting and worth a post. Have also posted it in the Thai forum for responses.

Take care everyone.

Bluegreen
03-22-08, 00:42
. I have been visiting a Thai working girl [in Australia] multiple times now and its now at the point where I'm seeing her 'outside of the shop' as she says, as in dating with no money changing hands. I have spent some nights with her at my place and at hers once while in Bangkok. I actually like this girl and would like for something to happen.

She is here as a student, which she does during the day, but essentially here illegally as her student visa doesn't allow her to work anywhere, let alone a brothel.

Anyway, recently she has been dropping hints that she wants to stay permantly in Australia, yada, yada, yada and I'm like, ok here we go. Having visited Thailand 10 times in the past 6 years I know enough to know that you can't trust 99% of Thai girls when it comes to genuine relationships and the like.

Then, she said something that stopped me in my tracks. SHE will pay ME $20000 if I marry her. Whats going on here? Apart from being illegal (de-frauding the government in some way) I have never heard of this arrangement taking place. Usually its the guy fighting through the red tape and costs to secure the girl a visa. Isn't it?

The funny thing is, I would consider doing it for nothing since I liike her, but I have this vison of her doing the runner after its all said and done. Hi Sainter,

Last year I spent about 12 months in a similar setup with a TG working in London (increasingly small payments, and then free for some time). Eventually though I began to get hints at her family needing money and (having been a member of ISG for a while) immediately realised what was probably going on. She suggested we go into business together and pay to bring a couple of TGs over to the UK, with them working to pay off their loans the same way she was (which I thought was traffiking? Only I'd not realised it can be done without the associated. And despicable. Violence and criminality). Anyway, it's still wrong and not something I would entertain. I had a long holiday coming up, and with no interest on my part our relationship sort of fizzled out. That was about 6 months ago. I still have feelings for her (I just recently found out she's still working here) but I know in my head it would be a bad idea to get involved again, and just hope my groin doesn't make me do something stupid in the coming days.

I can't imagine what convoluted scheme your girlfriend has in mind to 'pay' you $20, 000, but I am ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE that you won't be $20, 000 richer at the end of it. The inevitable broken heart won't sweeten the deal either.

I don't like to assume the worst of anybody. Particularly not an entire section of society. But I cannot ignore the overwhelming and constant advice against getting too deeply involved with Thai girls. I don't even believe their intentions are always malicious, I think they simply don't have a moral problem with manipulating generous foreigners.

I hate to side against your GF who is probably a sweet and wonderful person, but I can't help remembering the often-quoted fable of the Scorpion and the Fox. (If you'll indulge me.)

A scorpion was wandering along the bank of the river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me and I'll drown. "

The scorpion assured him, "If I did that, we'd both drown. "

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him.

As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown too. "

"I couldn't help it, " said the scorpion. "It's my nature. "

Good luck with your predicament.

Lover Boy #2
03-22-08, 04:06
Hi all,

This is a post of mine from the Melbourne, Australia forum. Thought you guys could add some input. Cheers.

I've came upon an interesting scenario and would like some feedback and thoughts on the issue.

I have been visiting a Thai working girl multiple times now and its now at the point where I'm seeing her 'outside of the shop' as she says, as in dating with no money changing hands. I have spent some nights with her at my place and at hers once while in Bangkok. I actually like this girl and would like for something to happen.

Then, she said something that stopped me in my tracks. SHE will pay ME $20000 if I marry her. Whats going on here? Apart from being illegal (de-frauding the government in some way) I have never heard of this arrangement taking place. Usually its the guy fighting through the red tape and costs to secure the girl a visa......isn't it?

The funny thing is, I would consider doing it for nothing since I liike her, but I have this vison of her doing the runner after its all said and done.

Anyway, thought it was interesting and worth a post. Have also posted it in the Thai forum for responses.

Take care everyone.

Please, please....take the cash if you can supply the papers she needs....then get some sort of annulment after she does the runner. It would be the first time a guy on these boards made some money off one of these scheme merchants.

Gfighta
03-22-08, 06:51
I've recently started taking Thai lessons and my instructor lives near Phrom Pong station. Usually before class I head into the food court at Emporium and review my upcoming lesson.

Is has occurred to me that this might be far more fun in the company of a few Thai ladies. I have noticed that when ever I take out my workbook and practice writing the Thai people around me get a huge kick out of it and are always eager to help.

I haven't spent much time on soi 33 so I'm unfamiliar with the area. Are any of the bars open during the day as my class starts at 4:00PM.

Forever69
03-22-08, 07:31
It is obvious that she wants to be legal to stay and work in australia and make money, lots of it. The studying is just a means to an end. If you marry her you might never see the cash and love will not be in the air either. The 20 000 is meant as a business investment.

Better for you to hold out and let her dangle, don't feel bad about it since she is not square with you either and enjoy while it lasts.

Just my opinion of course but based on some real life experience.

No money.no honey.

Orange Sunshine
03-22-08, 16:08
Sainter21,

I've done what you're considering but there was no money involved except that I ended up supporting someone for a year and a half. Several years back I married a pretty Chinese national, a mature student, who needed to extend her visa to complete her studies. Wanting to help someone is a weak basis for marriage, and I knew that, but sometimes rational thinking takes a back seat. ;)

Anyway, long story short, after she graduated, we got divorced, she cleaned my meager bank account and returned to China. A year later she came back and eventually married another local. But here's the kicker: when she applied for landed immigrant status as my wife, I had to sign a letter of sponsorship. The sponsorship period in Canada nowadays has been amended to 3 years but mine is retroactively binding for 10 no matter what her status during that entire time. That means if she gets into any sort of trouble, I'm still legally responsible for compensating any aggrieved parties; if she has financial problems, I can be mandated to send her a monthly stipend even if the divorce itself was free of alimony; and if she draws welfare, social assistance, etc, at any time, I have to reimburse the federal government. All this falls on me, not her current husband!

Luckily she's a decent, independent sort so there's little chance of being corralled into court. Or so I thought. A couple years ago after I moved to America, I got a call at the office out of the blue from her parole officer. This person was gathering background info on my ex and wouldn't divulge what felony charge was involved. After the call, my first thought was, crap, I have another 6 years of this hanging over my head.

Where am I going with this? If you want to take the $20K for marrying this girl I strongly suggest that you first check your local immigration laws governing sponsorship of foreign nationals. A divorce/annulment may not automatically absolve you of the attached legal and financial responsibilities. Then you can better decide if the benefits outweigh the risks. FWIW.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

AussieGaigin
03-23-08, 03:10
Things are not that simple in Australia any more.

Due to an increase in the number of these "scam" marriages over the past 30 years or so, it now takes around 4 years for the girl to get a permanent residence visa. She has to be able to prove an "ongoing relationship" with the "sponsor" during this period. Just a marriage certificate doesn't cut it anymore.

I've put some details in the Australia/Melbourne forum.

Traveler1234
03-23-08, 06:30
Visited recently opened club at RCA, called Overtones: Music Cave . On the main RCA strip, half way in, big orange sign board. Very nice place, includes mezzanine seating, huge wall tv, nice stage, professional lighting, sound, cameras.

Saturday night, starting around 11 pm is "Pro Jam" - local rockers invited to play till up to 3 am. Last night, local stars and one visitor from Germany with sets that included a hard rock version with long guitar jams of Superstition (yes, Stevie Wonder), Jimi H's Voodoo Child (highlight of nite), songs from Queen (great vocalist did the honors), and Pink Floyd. I fell in luv with this young babe who played the saxe and sang ;)

Many know the 5 Star at Cowboy Soi for their music, this place is heads above 5 Star. My hosts had to resort to plugging their ears - too loud for them or maybe we were too close to the stage. Definitely will return in future.

PS - last month Jimmy Paige of Led Zeppelin dropped in and jammed with the locals.

Orange Sunshine
03-23-08, 06:54
Visited recently opened club at RCA, called Overtones: Music Cave . On the main RCA strip, half way in, big orange sign board....Last night, local stars and one visitor from Germany with sets that included a hard rock version with long guitar jams of Superstition (yes, Stevie Wonder), Jimi H's Voodoo Child (highlight of nite), songs from Queen (great vocalist did the honors), and Pink Floyd...PS - last month Jimmy Paige of Led Zeppelin dropped in and jammed with the locals.For me, nothing beats live music played well. This place sounds like my type of venue. I usually visit a small club across the main drag from Asia Hotel but this one looks like it has enough drag to attract some heavy hitters (Jimmy Page!!). Thanks for the heads up!

Pak Mike
03-24-08, 00:03
Visited recently opened club at RCA, called Overtones: Music Cave . On the main RCA strip, half way in, big orange sign board. Very nice place, includes mezzanine seating, huge wall tv, nice stage, professional lighting, sound, cameras.

Saturday night, starting around 11 pm is "Pro Jam" - local rockers invited to play till up to 3 am. Last night, local stars and one visitor from Germany with sets that included a hard rock version with long guitar jams of Superstition (yes, Stevie Wonder), Jimi H's Voodoo Child (highlight of nite), songs from Queen (great vocalist did the honors), and Pink Floyd. I fell in luv with this young babe who played the saxe and sang ;)

Many know the 5 Star at Cowboy Soi for their music, this place is heads above 5 Star. My hosts had to resort to plugging their ears - too loud for them or maybe we were too close to the stage. Definitely will return in future.

PS - last month Jimmy Paige of Led Zeppelin dropped in and jammed with the locals.

This is great news, but was is the RCA strip? Wouldn't be difficult to top the 5-Star, I personally found that place VERY mediocre.

Traveler1234
03-24-08, 00:55
This is great news, but was is the RCA strip?

29/70-72 RCA, Zone D
http://www.prartmusic.com/overtone
www.overtone.tv
Tel: 02 203-0423/5

According to their schedule, Saturday March 28th is Jimi Hendrix tribute by The Pop (?) group/band. I'm heading off Wed morning but might try to sneak back for this show :)

PS
I believe there is a minimum two drink B$150 coverage charge but not sure.

Sprite13
03-29-08, 05:49
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this but here it goes.
I'm thinking of coming in June to Thailand for the first time to experience this wonderful place. I was wondering what is the weather like in June? I realize this might be during the monsoon heavy rain, so how much of a hinddrance can the heavy rains be in that period of the year? Is it all realistic to be able to enjoy the beaches during that time or should I forget about June and reschedule it for a later time?

Thanks.

M P Lurker
03-29-08, 06:02
29/70-72 RCA, Zone D
http://www.prartmusic.com/overtone
www.overtone.tv
Tel: 02 203-0423/5

According to their schedule, Saturday March 28th is Jimi Hendrix tribute by The Pop (?) group/band. I'm heading off Wed morning but might try to sneak back for this show :)

PS
I believe there is a minimum two drink B$150 coverage charge but not sure.
Jimi Hendrix stuff was friday March 28.
Sat is "Apartment Khun Paa" (Rock, Funk, Jazz, Blues, and Hip hop)

Escort Fan
03-29-08, 06:05
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this but here it goes.

I'm thinking of coming in June to Thailand for the first time to experience this wonderful place. I was wondering what is the weather like in June? I realize this might be during the monsoon heavy rain, so how much of a hinddrance can the heavy rains be in that period of the year? Is it all realistic to be able to enjoy the beaches during that time or should I forget about June and reschedule it for a later time?

Thanks.June to September is the rain season. I have been to BKK in June. There are heavy showers that's for sure, but it last like 1 hour. Which is enough to fill the street. (that's quite impressive). However 1 hour of rain leaves 23 useful hours.

You'll have cheaper prices in June, and as it's the low season less competition to get girls, and cheaper airfaires!

Traveler1234
03-29-08, 09:19
Yea, just landed and saw the same on their website :(

Check your pm

Mackin
03-30-08, 00:53
Arrived in Bangkok the other day and checked into the lodge. As usual the service was wonderful and checking in was a breeze. Was asked if I wanted a drink upon arrival and ater 25 hours I needed one. The beer was cold and was quickly brought to me.

Because it was close to closing I asked about a friend who worked there last fall. Sure enough she was there and came running over when she spotted me. Ater the initial greetings it was decided she would like to spend the rest of the evening talking and what ever.

The lodge had not changed since I last was here. So far the service has been good, dinner was excellent, and the breakast has been tasty. I am happy I decided to stay here again.

I will add reports as things happen on this holiday, but for now lets say things are of to a great start.

Mackin

Traveler1234
03-30-08, 05:58

Yep, royally screwed up and mixed up the day/date.

But stopped over anyway with my country manager, place fairly full but fortunately we had booked front row table. Mick and his gorgeous TG were up on the mezzazine sipping cocktails.

After the first one hour, place was jammed, our front row seats became the mish pond - people dancing, drinking, raising hell. Although I didn't understand a word of the music, it was good. Lot of local rap music, several guest appearances, including a farang older couple - she played the sax and he the harmonica.

Left at 12:30 to return to Giotto's pool party.

Sanook D
03-30-08, 06:32
what is the weather like in June?

Spri'13, June is fine. The weather is better then than it is now (or in March or even May) in my opinion; the heat in April flat out sucks, it really is the cruelest month. July might be even better than June. It gets rainy in August, but not so much that it is a problem- it is actually cooler here in July/August than in some cities in temperate zones, like Tokyo or NYC.

For seasonal comparisons of weather in BKK check out this Wunderground link: http://*******.com/8srdj
Surprised to see that it rains more on average in May than in June. I think I'll leave next week and come back in. . .June.

Sprite13
03-30-08, 07:04
Thanks people for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Good to know that June is low season and less competition and better prices. However, airfare is not cheap all year round to Thailand. Where's the best airfare deal from the east cost of Canada to Thailand?

Thanks.

Bob Down
03-30-08, 12:37
Things are not that simple in Australia any more.

Due to an increase in the number of these "scam" marriages over the past 30 years or so, it now takes around 4 years for the girl to get a permanent residence visa. She has to be able to prove an "ongoing relationship" with the "sponsor" during this period. Just a marriage certificate doesn't cut it anymore.

I've put some details in the Australia/Melbourne forum.

You must know something the Australian Immigration office don't, permanent residency takes 2 years, lots of paperwork, statements etc..

A friend of mine married to a thai woman 2 years ago just got her permanent residency approved.

Tiger 888
04-01-08, 02:50
Na & her family own a chain of outdoor tanning salons in Northeastern TL. Lot's of locals have that deep dark tan you guys ask about. :rolleyes:

Smoke and Mirrors - tanning salons??? in Thailand??? :D good one!
OTH, as I understand his post he refers to the rice fields.

You found me a new proverb: "It's like opening a tanning salon in Thailand"

Stiffoak 571
04-03-08, 12:12
Putting this here to say that I am back in UK and will start to document all the ins and outs of my trip to LOS

Bits will appear in:
Bangkok
Phuket
Hotels
Bangkok MPs

and some items of general info as well

Great meeting some of the ISG crew in my stay at LL, but after 20hrs travelling need to unpack/unwind and my reports will fall like "leaves from the trees" when I am conscious again!

Stykler
04-04-08, 23:51
Just doing a budget for my up coming trip to the LOS.
Anyone got any intel on the best place to buy a made to measure suit in BKK?
Most of the info on these forums seems a little old.
Any idea what I should pay? Would I be better buying one in Hong Kong?
Thanks.

S.

Member #3428
04-05-08, 00:52
Thanks.

S.

With the current rates I personally feel that Hong Kong is a better value right now.

In BKK I like Hermann's on the corner of Suk Soi 3. But there are way way way too many good tailors in BKK. I use a very special fabric due to where I live so my price is not valid to this conversation. The reason I ended up with them is they were willing to get the right material. Plus pricing is very dependent on the material you want, lining and other items so it's hard to judge. If you want to pay 200 USD for two suits and five shirts... then you get what you pay for.

Alterations and ordering items to be mailed out to me and such has never been an issue with these folks. They have a web site and they do answer emails.

Member #3428
04-06-08, 02:24
http://www.healthlandspa.com/spamenu.html

This is the place you want. You will see mostly Thai's with BMW/Mercedes outside.....a nice professional place...and I have been there many times.

Thanks... didn't get to check this out but we will next trip.

Member #3428
04-06-08, 02:26
TV,

I believe "The King & I" at the beginning of Soi 12 is a Great and Legit Spa.

This place was actually very good. The TGF enjoyed it very much and I had an OK time on the scrub. Went back for also just a foot massage later and that was much better then other shops around Suk.

There was a regular Thai massage place off of Soi 22 before Queens park that was legit and very good thai massage as well that Giotto advised me to go to.

Never got beyond Aviva, Tulip and Eden for the other kind of massages so not much new to report on those ends. Just a happy camper at all three places so no reason to write up a massage report.

Thanks for you help Nic...

Rambis Youth
04-06-08, 04:45
I can recommend either Raja's in Soi 4 or New Royal Fashions in Soi 11. One of the good things about NRF is that Mr Sam travels the world each year and you can be measured up for suits in your own country and have them mailed.

ButtLover
04-06-08, 07:37
Hi
I am not a friend of Analsex, but i have tried it 2 times at Edens.
Is it common in Thailand ?

How many girls offer this service

10% ?

Buttlover

Sprite13
04-06-08, 23:50
For a firstimer to Thailand, where would be the best place to have the most fun with both girls and the beach for say in June?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old Thai Hand
04-08-08, 14:03
For a firstimer to Thailand, where would be the best place to have the most fun with both girls and the beach for say in June?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

June is the off season. Probably no beach will be that good in June, as it's the start of rainy season. Since the monsoon comes up diagonally from the southest towards the northwest, somewhere on the west cost would be the best to take girls. If you're looking for a beach town with girls, then Phuket might be a safe bet. Although, there's no guarantee that you won't have rain even there.

NicFrenchy
04-10-08, 10:03
Something totally different that I found on the internet and wanted to share with you guys.

It looks like more of you shoud stay on the golf course and stop going to MP's or bars.
Despite all that you hear, having sex with a TG isn't that good an exercise after all.

Calories Burned for Activity:
Sexual Activity, Passive (Light Effort, Kissing, Hugging) 1.17 calories per Minute (70 per hour)
Sexual Activity, General (Moderate Effort) 1.52 calories per Minute (91 per hour)
Sexual Activity, Active (Vigorous Effort) 1.75 calories per minute (105 per hour)

Next time you get a Starfish Experience, think about how many more calories you are going to lose! LOL

But what amazes me is that this same source is also saying that:

Sitting - Card Playing, playing board games 1.75 calories per minute (105 per hour)

Or

Golfing (Using Power Cart ) 4.08 calories per minute (245 per hour)

ThaiLearner
04-11-08, 22:24
This will be my 5th trip to Thailand and I am a Pattaya addict I love the place.

Where else should I go it will only be one of the following

Bangkok only explored once (Nana,Cowboy,Eden,Beer Garden) even though I have been there twice.

Phuket explored Patong beach once Bangla road area visited the Kick boxing when I went which was excellent.

Chang Mai never been.

Any thoughts or advices would be great.

Thanks

Taumaoe
04-12-08, 06:02

Thanks.

S.For the past 8 years I have been having suits made at Versaces on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi 7. Their tailoring is very good and they have good quality materials. I believe that you get what you pay for, so I always request their highest quality materials. There are a minimum of two fittings. After these several years I can attest to their quality--they keep their shape and wear well. Originally these were 12, 800 Baht (around U. S. $400) for a three-piece suit, but with negotiating plus buying suits every year, the price is presently 4, 480 Baht (around U. S. $140). Do not be afraid to negotiate!

Retired Army
04-13-08, 13:55
Thanks.

S.

A lot of the people who work for embassies in BKK recommend Raja's on Suk Soi 4, across from the Nana Hotel. There are cheaper places, but Bobby gives personal service and stands behind his work forever. I had a couple of blazers made there and am happy with the fabric and workmanship. I wear them almost everyday and have no problems. I also have had about 10 pairs of pants made and they are fine. Don't care much for the shirts made in Thailand. Don't know why, but seems like the ones in Hong Kong are better.

RA

NicFrenchy
04-13-08, 17:02
Don't care much for the shirts made in Thailand. Don't know why, but seems like the ones in Hong Kong are better.

RA

Sure, if you order the cheap shirts @ 800 or 900 a piece, then you will get to choose from the bottom of the line fabrics (single ply). there are Tailors who offer shirts for 1,800 a piece (2 ply and TOP Quality), buy 6 get 2 free. that brings it to 1,350 per shirt which is quite cheap for a superior quality 2-ply shirt (strong and soft).

Neufie
04-13-08, 22:01
Has any expat in BKK a Dentist for me, just ordinary tooth polishing.

Odd request, I know, but not where I am coming from.

Regards,

NicFrenchy
04-14-08, 02:22

Regards,

Try this http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/price/price.html

Cheers
Nic

Old Thai Hand
04-14-08, 05:09

Regards,

The Dental Hospital. Sukhumvit soi 49 across from Villa grocery store. It was started by the King's dentist and is 100% state-of-the-art.

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

AsiaTraveler2
04-14-08, 06:55
there seems to be a pipeline of thai's coming into hawaii, who have suddenly started to open up massage establishments. strictly legit, with only very rare reports of play, but of interest since it's so recent. there's a large military presence, but only a handful can be explained by prior marriages to guys in the military.

it started with one a few years ago and now there are six. it added a new twist, to a highly competetive massage market. we already had many from japan, korea, phillipines and china in addition to the normal influx from other parts of the u.s. many of these thai girls are very open to dating (all races and loving it). this is just a blip, compared to the many thai girls who are working in europe and throughout asia, but a nice new addition to hawaii. we have all of the other races covered quite nicely, but thai's have been very few in number. the great thing is that of the 25 to 30 therapists, there are only two or three that would rate below a 7 and a couple are very hot.

of course, there's always been the hostess bars (primarily korean, japanese & vietnamese). there's also a few thai bars, but none of these girls have worked there. with rates of $60 per hour and tips averaging $15 to $20, i'm sure the financial rewards are very good for them, but the cost of living expenses may put a dent in that. they do probably see four customers or more per day, so i'm sure they are doing fine.

just thought i would pass this on. maybe others may have noticed this happening in their parts of the country. given the passport/visa issues the girls face, this is a welcome surprise.

at2

Member #3428
04-14-08, 06:59
It started with one a few years ago and now there are six.

Not only that, the number of Thai restaurants have gone through the roof as well. Some are getting in through Saipan where there is still a Thai garmet factory operating and they are getting in through the CNMI route... But that doesn't explain the explosion you and I see in HNL....

AsiaTraveler2
04-14-08, 07:13
Not only that, the number of Thai restaurants have gone through the roof as well. Some are getting in through Saipan where there is still a Thai garmet factory operating and they are getting in through the CNMI route... But that doesn't explain the explosion you and I see in HNL....

LOL! Shit Tansak .. I did not realize we were playing in the same backyard! Check out Darla at Thai Spa! Not sure if this is the infamous Chantay that everyone is talking about (name change?). Of course, there's always the AMP's!.

Peace,
AT2

Stykler
04-14-08, 08:17
The Dental Hospital. Sukhumvit soi 49 across from Villa grocery store. It was started by the King's dentist and is 100% state-of-the-art.

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

OTH - I do agree with you, up to a point. I have been going to The Dental Hospital for about 7 years now. Even when I was living in Beijing and now that I am back in Oz, I used to go to this place for treatment. The service and treatment has always been first class.

However I have had my concerns since my last two visits. Firstly I was advised that I was in great need of a teeth whitening procedure as my teeth were changing colour at different rates. I had never heard of that before, and I was a little worried that my understanding of the issue was lacking due to a communication breakdown. They speak very good English by the way. Never the less I decided to pass on their suggestion.

Then this year I was advised that I had a cracked tooth at the back of my mouth and that I would need a whole root canal, 3 visits and 30000 baht to rectify the problem. Something didn't seem right so I decided to hold off until could see my family dentist back in Oz.

Back home I told her (my dentist) the story and she just laughed. 1) The only reason I had a tooth colour problem was because one tooth is a crown, and no matter what whitening procedure they used it would have been useless for that, and 2) I have zero cracked teeth at the back of my mouth or anywhere else in my head!

The only reason I mention it is because I now recommend a second opinion if getting any major work done in BKK.

S.

PS. I note from the framed degrees on the walls of the treatment rooms at The Dental Hospital, that most of the dentists completed their degrees in Sydney or Melbourne :-)

Old Thai Hand
04-14-08, 14:08
OTH - I do agree with you, up to a point. I have been going to The Dental Hospital for about 7 years now. Even when I was living in Beijing and now that I am back in Oz, I used to go to this place for treatment. The service and treatment has always been first class.

However I have had my concerns since my last two visits. Firstly I was advised that I was in great need of a teeth whitening procedure as my teeth were changing colour at different rates. I had never heard of that before, and I was a little worried that my understanding of the issue was lacking due to a communication breakdown. They speak very good English by the way. Never the less I decided to pass on their suggestion.

Then this year I was advised that I had a cracked tooth at the back of my mouth and that I would need a whole root canal, 3 visits and 30000 baht to rectify the problem. Something didn't seem right so I decided to hold off until could see my family dentist back in Oz.

Back home I told her (my dentist) the story and she just laughed. 1) The only reason I had a tooth colour problem was because one tooth is a crown, and no matter what whitening procedure they used it would have been useless for that, and 2) I have zero cracked teeth at the back of my mouth or anywhere else in my head!

The only reason I mention it is because I now recommend a second opinion if getting any major work done in BKK.

S.

PS. I note from the framed degrees on the walls of the treatment rooms at The Dental Hospital, that most of the dentists completed their degrees in Sydney or Melbourne :-)

Well, I was stressing the service and quality of facilities. It is expensive and it's a business where they sometimes recommend unnecessary treatments. Therefore, it does pay to get a second opinion. Afterall, it's Thailand.

Dinghy
04-14-08, 19:11
Found a good dentist in pattaya - soi 5

ABC dental 100m toward beach off 2nd road on the left (5 is one way coming at you)

Luvnlife1970
04-15-08, 00:53
Hi Guys,

Longtime reader, I have actually been to Thailand a few times this year, found a cool, fun girl, her english soso my thai soso. All in all thinking of having her come visit me here in U. S. For a few weeks I have spoken to a friend and he advised they will not give her a visa on grounds of "why would she return to Thailand" is this true as I have been told that only students get approved for visas to U. S? I have looked at the Thai Visa website and does not seem that any restricitions really, As I plan on going back soon and am wondering if I should book her ticket or not (No refunds).

Also how tuff is it to uproot from the U. S and move to Thailand, I have seen a large demand for English teachers but do not have a teaching degree (Is it really needed) is it easy to find work as my US based Sal 80K, how much money can you bring into Thailand, what is the least you would recommend. Any bank reccomendations, job websites any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx

Tiger 888
04-15-08, 01:21
Sure, if you order the cheap shirts @ 800 or 900 a piece, then you will get to choose from the bottom of the line fabrics (single ply). there are Tailors who offer shirts for 1,800 a piece (2 ply and TOP Quality), buy 6 get 2 free. that brings it to 1,350 per shirt which is quite cheap for a superior quality 2-ply shirt (strong and soft).In Hong Kong Sam's Taylors charge 300 HK$ per shirt, which is 1200 Baht for a good quality. A shirt from one of the few top tailors would cost 500. Thailand is getting way to expensive for what you get there.

Taumaoe
04-16-08, 04:31
Hi Guys,

Longtime reader, I have actually been to Thailand a few times this year, found a cool, fun girl, her english soso my thai soso. All in all thinking of having her come visit me here in U. S. For a few weeks I have spoken to a friend and he advised they will not give her a visa on grounds of "why would she return to Thailand" is this true as I have been told that only students get approved for visas to U. S? I have looked at the Thai Visa website and does not seem that any restricitions really, As I plan on going back soon and am wondering if I should book her ticket or not (No refunds).

Also how tuff is it to uproot from the U. S and move to Thailand, I have seen a large demand for English teachers but do not have a teaching degree (Is it really needed) is it easy to find work as my US based Sal 80K, how much money can you bring into Thailand, what is the least you would recommend. Any bank reccomendations, job websites any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

ThnxIn terms of moving from the U. S. To Thailand, it is pretty easy. I have been here over a year now. Even moved my household goods. Minimal duty. You can teach English here without having a degree if you get a TESOL certificate (from Chichester College, Chiang Mai Univ for example). However, teachers are underpaid, getting approximately 300-500 Baht per hour. My opinion is that you will not make $80K equivalent here unless you have at least a Master's Degree and highly skilled experience. I make that kind of money here, but I have a Ph. D. And significant job skills. In terms of banks, Bangkok Bank is the largest; if you have a long-term visa, no problem getting an account. Most money transactions in Thailand are done electronically; there is a service charge of approximately $35 to cash a check. I routinely transfer funds back and forth to my U. S. Bank with no glitches. Hope that this info helps.

Luvnlife1970
04-16-08, 15:19
In terms of moving from the U. S. To Thailand, it is pretty easy. I have been here over a year now. Even moved my household goods. Minimal duty. You can teach English here without having a degree if you get a TESOL certificate (from Chichester College, Chiang Mai Univ for example). However, teachers are underpaid, getting approximately 300-500 Baht per hour. My opinion is that you will not make $80K equivalent here unless you have at least a Master's Degree and highly skilled experience. I make that kind of money here, but I have a Ph. D. And significant job skills. In terms of banks, Bangkok Bank is the largest; if you have a long-term visa, no problem getting an account. Most money transactions in Thailand are done electronically; there is a service charge of approximately $35 to cash a check. I routinely transfer funds back and forth to my U. S. Bank with no glitches. Hope that this info helps.Thanks, that does help. I will find somewhere in NJ that teaches the Teso I understand it's a pretty short course, I will probably have better luck in Philadelphia as it is just as close. Pay seems low (300-500 Baht), but not much is needed to live day to day in Thailand; are these 7/8 hour days or one on one teaching or variouse offered? I am guessing that I will not be able to setup a bank account at "Bangkok Bank" until I have obtained a long term visa (is that the 12 month visa) that you reapply for each year? Any idea about "ING" savingscan you transfer funds back and forth to Bangkok Bank. I am about a year out I think from my move if all goes well. Any idea on how much CASH you can carry/bring in to Thailand (Selling off my misc possesions).

During my times spent in Thai I have made my way around various parts via foot, Tuktuk, and cab which I beleive I would be able to do on a daily basis if living in Thai; Is there really a need to own a vehicle (As in the U. S. You must have)?

Thank you again.

Old Thai Hand
04-16-08, 16:59
In terms of moving from the U. S. To Thailand, it is pretty easy. I have been here over a year now. Even moved my household goods. Minimal duty. You can teach English here without having a degree if you get a TESOL certificate (from Chichester College, Chiang Mai Univ for example). However, teachers are underpaid, getting approximately 300-500 Baht per hour. My opinion is that you will not make $80K equivalent here unless you have at least a Master's Degree and highly skilled experience. I make that kind of money here, but I have a Ph. D. And significant job skills. In terms of banks, Bangkok Bank is the largest; if you have a long-term visa, no problem getting an account. Most money transactions in Thailand are done electronically; there is a service charge of approximately $35 to cash a check. I routinely transfer funds back and forth to my U. S. Bank with no glitches. Hope that this info helps.

Am I to understand you make $80K with your PhD, as a teacher in Thailand? Where for God's sake???? If that is indeed the case, that kind of salary is news to me. That's nearly 250,000 baht/month. I suppose it's possible. But, you'd have to be working your ass off to get that kind of money - I'd say 6 days/week at a top university like Chula with a teaching load of about 35 hours/week; an almost impossible thing to do, given that for every hour taught, you need to prep 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and most Thai universities require you also do about 20 hours of non-academic work per week. Only a first-tier international school administrator would perhaps make 250,000/month and there are less than 6 of those in the country. If you're one of those, you're very atypical.

If you're working for some multi-national, the salary would be plausible. But, teaching, I doubt it.

Just curious.

NicFrenchy
04-17-08, 01:27
Am I to understand you make $80K with your PhD, as a teacher in Thailand? Where for God's sake????

Maybe he's talking in Thai Baht? 80k THB?

Old Thai Hand
04-17-08, 01:39
Thanks, that does help. I will find somewhere in NJ that teaches the Teso I understand it's a pretty short course, I will probably have better luck in Philadelphia as it is just as close. Pay seems low (300-500 Baht), but not much is needed to live day to day in Thailand; are these 7/8 hour days or one on one teaching or variouse offered? I am guessing that I will not be able to setup a bank account at "Bangkok Bank" until I have obtained a long term visa (is that the 12 month visa) that you reapply for each year? Any idea about "ING" savingscan you transfer funds back and forth to Bangkok Bank. I am about a year out I think from my move if all goes well. Any idea on how much CASH you can carry/bring in to Thailand (Selling off my misc possesions).

During my times spent in Thai I have made my way around various parts via foot, Tuktuk, and cab which I beleive I would be able to do on a daily basis if living in Thai; Is there really a need to own a vehicle (As in the U. S. You must have)?

Thank you again.

The average salary for an English teacher is about 30,000 baht/month ($12,000 US/year). If you were in Bangkok, you'd starve on so little and would merely be able to survive on it it upcountry.

I've been teaching here for nearly 11 years. I do not teach English, but a variety of other highly specialized subjects. I have a terminal degree, work 4 days/week at the best universities (2 of them) in the country and make between $42,000 and $50,000/year depending on overloads. I am quite wired into pretty well all that is available in the teaching field in Thailand. So, I am pretty confident that you couldn't make much more than I do and more likely would make a lot less.

Unless you have considerable savings, or are young and looking for a bit of adventure, I'd strongly advise against pulling up roots and coming here to teach English. You'll barely make enough to live on, won't be able to afford anything but a small studio room in which to live, and certainly won't be able to get such things as a credit card or loan to buy a car, if you want one. Before you know it, you'll be financially trapped and won't be able to leave. The country is full of burned-out English teachers in their 40s, 50s and even 60s struggling on meagre salaries and unable to even find the airfare to go home.

I suggest you stay where you are, save your money and retire here when you're older.

Old Thai Hand
04-17-08, 01:42

I hope it was a typo and he meant 80,000 baht/month. Otherwise, I doubt what he's saying.

Member #3428
04-17-08, 01:50

80 K baht a year... that's funny....

The average salary for an English teacher is about 30,000 baht/month ($12,000 US/year).

Working girls make double that, triple if they are good.

Pull up roots to make 1/2 of what probably an average working girl makes in a poor country and people think you can live an easy life in Thailand?

Good luck... wish them the best....

Terry Terrier
04-17-08, 02:10
T I have a terminal degree, work 4 days/week at the best universities (2 of them) in the country and make between $42,000 and $50,000/year depending on overloads.

I think it's obvious that I've always taken a dim view of western expat workers in LOS (mostly losers who couldn't cut the mustard in a first world country imo). But five hundred quid a week at the peak of your profession? I spend at least that much on a decent night out in farangland. No wonder you expats hate the bargirls so much: They're all earning more than you.

NicFrenchy
04-17-08, 04:07
80 K baht a year... that's funny....

Argh... I didn't mean to be funny LOL
Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking 80k per month (960k/year)

NicFrenchy
04-17-08, 04:18
I think it's obvious that I've always taken a dim view of western expat workers in LOS (mostly losers who couldn't cut the mustard in a first world country imo). But five hundred quid a week at the peak of your profession? I spend at least that much on a decent night out in farangland. No wonder you expats hate the bargirls so much: They're all earning more than you.

Interesting POV Terry.
I am not sure I can say how much a bargirl earns (maybe you can enlighten us?) but I can tell you that some of us moved to Thailand because the money and living conditions were fairly decent.

I worked in Europe and the US before being offered a position in Thailand, I first refused it because I knew nothing about Asia and wasn't really interested about it at that time as my life in the US was quite comfortable.
The company came up with a "package" I couldn't refuse: Good Salary, Rent and utilities paid for. I am 30 and single so I finally decided that maybe relocating to SEA wasn't such a bad idea.

I have been living here for a little over 3 years now and life is so good that I am planning on staying a few more years.

Finrod
04-17-08, 05:27
longtime reader, i have actually been to thailand a few times this year, found a cool, fun girl, her english soso my thai soso. all in all thinking of having her come visit me here in u. s. for a few weeks i have spoken to a friend and he advised they will not give her a visa on grounds of "why would she return to thailand" is this true as i have been told that only students get approved for visas to u. s? i have looked at the thai visa website and does not seem that any restricitions really, as i plan on going back soon and am wondering if i should book her ticket or not (no refunds).
don't book her ticket unless she has the visa. don't look at the thai visa website, look at the us visa website...

regarding us visitor visas, i have some firsthand experience dealing with this in the philippines and i am not surprised to see the same situation in thailand. the us embassy assumes that everyone applying for a visitor visa from the philippines is a potential immigrant so the burden of proof is on the applicant to show that they *will* return home following the visit. proof generally consists of family ties, real estate holdings, business ownership or very good job, and cash in the bank. any hint of sex work is usually grounds for automatic rejection. in the philippines, this criteria shuts out all but the upper class from consideration. have to imagine it is not much different in thailand.

so how do thais (and filipinos) make it to the us? they have family already there petitioning for them. or they get engaged/married to a us citizen. or they are nurses (much more common in the philippines due to the english speaking requirement). or they are students.

so you ask, "can i sponsor her? can i post a bond for her return?" the answer in the us is no because there is still the potential of (illegal) immigration in that scenario. so the burden is strictly on her to show she's going home again.

hate to be a party pooper, but there it is.

Old Thai Hand
04-17-08, 08:30

Are we being a provocateur?:)

TT. You are obviosuly a rich man. But, given the cost of living in the UK, 500 quid isn't all that much. Average salaries there remain a lot lower compared to cost of living, than in the US, for example. And, you live in northern England, for Gawd's sake! Unless you're in some posh locale like Durham, I can't think of a worse place to spend 500 quid on a night out. In fact, it would take a lot more than that kind of spending money to keep me from killing myself, if I had to live in the UK, at all. It used to be a lovely country. But, it's a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140)-hole, now.

If I had the misfortune to be in the UK, I'd be making about 25 to 30K quid/year as a uni teacher, which is about what I make here. In the US at a top uni I'd maybe get 60K-70K, in Canada 60K-90K CDN. So, given the cost of living in BKK, it's more than comparable.

Maybe I just picked the wrong profession because I'm just not a high roller like you.

But, I don't consider myself a loser. I got a couple of offers in the States and the Caribbean 3 years ago and left for awhile to teach in the Bahamas. Then I decided to come back, as I didn't like the west any more. Now, I'm thinking again about going home because I'm sick of it (again) here.

There are lots of expat losers here making peanuts.You're right about that. But, there are also many making a decent living that's more than enough for Thailand. But, while I'm not rolling in dosh, I think I make a respectable salary for my profession. For me, it's not all about the money. I worked in IT and advertising for many years and made good money. But, after 20 years of 15 hour days, I got burned out.

Also, for someone like me, there's always more opportunities here, which tempt me to hang in. I just got offered an extra class today, that pays 2,000 baht/hour or about $60 US. You'd be hard pressed to get $60/hr in the US for a part-time uni class. It would be more like $30-40. I have a 60 y.o. friend in California making $28.50/hour teaching college. So, in the context of teaching, it's not that bad here, if you get the right kind of job.

And then, there's the life-style here, which is quite enjoyable even for an impoverished "loser" such as me.;)

Oh and BTW...I don't hate bargirls. I just know I can do a lot better, that's all. cheers.

Taumaoe
04-17-08, 10:06
Am I to understand you make $80K with your PhD, as a teacher in Thailand? Where for God's sake???? If that is indeed the case, that kind of salary is news to me. That's nearly 250,000 baht/month. I suppose it's possible. But, you'd have to be working your ass off to get that kind of money - I'd say 6 days/week at a top university like Chula with a teaching load of about 35 hours/week; an almost impossible thing to do, given that for every hour taught, you need to prep 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and most Thai universities require you also do about 20 hours of non-academic work per week. Only a first-tier international school administrator would perhaps make 250,000/month and there are less than 6 of those in the country. If you're one of those, you're very atypical.

If you're working for some multi-national, the salary would be plausible. But, teaching, I doubt it.

Just curious.Old Hand: sorry if I misled you. No, here I am not a teacher. The market is too depressed economically. Although I taught uni for 10 years and have good edu quals, candidly, I could not find one here that pays enough? No, I work in an executive position with a multinational firm.

Taumaoe
04-17-08, 10:09
Maybe he's talking in Thai Baht? 80k THB?No, it's U. S. $80K. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not wish to imply that I made that kind of money teaching. I intended to provide the original poster info concerning the teaching environment here is Thailand, then digressed to say what I made in contrast to teaching. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Skeeter
04-17-08, 10:11

Just curious.Hi OTH

Depends on the International School, but there is one in central Suk area where the teachers (at the top of the scale) are on ~ 175000K Bht per month.

With bonus (paid yearly) the salary is a tick under 190000 K Bht per month. These are teachers with extensive experience, high level of qualification etc etc (not your TESOL english teacher) and at one particular school (there is no salary scale across schools) but .....

Skeeter

Orange Sunshine
04-17-08, 13:40
Longtime reader, I have actually been to Thailand a few times this year, found a cool, fun girl, her english soso my thai soso. All in all thinking of having her come visit me here in U. S. For a few weeks I have spoken to a friend and he advised they will not give her a visa on grounds of "why would she return to Thailand" is this true as I have been told that only students get approved for visas to U. S? I have looked at the Thai Visa website and does not seem that any restricitions really, As I plan on going back soon and am wondering if I should book her ticket or not (No refunds).You haven't indicated how far your relationship has progressed but if you feel ready for it, you might consider sponsoring her on a fiancee visa which would lessen the burden on her side. This BKK-based law firm (http://www.mythaifiancee.com/) seems to have a solid reputation. I've contacted the proprietor and although I decided not to use his firm's services, he was very direct and immediate with his response to my query.

As far as relocating to Thailand, if you already have the wanderlust and your girlfriend, then, is a catalyst who will merely pull you through the door you had already opened, then by all means, go for it. You'll have a blast. Conversely, if you're basing your decision to relocate solely on the blossoming relationship you have with this girl, then are you willing to uproot your current life, sacrifice a much higher standard of living, even briefly, on the chance that something may develop between the two of you?

When I was in my mid-20s, I did the latter for a girl in Seoul. I don't regret my decision but in hindsight I made life a bit more challenging than was necessary. ;)

In your case, why not bring her over first and then if things work out, head over to Thailand with the support of a solidified relationship (or marriage)?

I realize this is short on practical suggestions about actually living in Thailand, but hopefully the questions will spur you towards decisions that will make the most of your current situation. Cheers.

Old Thai Hand
04-18-08, 00:48
Hi OTH

Depends on the International School, but there is one in central Suk area where the teachers (at the top of the scale) are on ~ 175000K Bht per month.

With bonus (paid yearly) the salary is a tick under 190000 K Bht per month. These are teachers with extensive experience, high level of qualification etc etc (not your TESOL english teacher) and at one particular school (there is no salary scale across schools) but .....

Skeeter

First of all, I teach university, not at an international school.

I'm quite aware of salaries available at international elementary/high schools. The school(s) in question that pay top salaries(more around 90,000-120,000 except for the long-term, highly qualified teachers) are NIST, RIS, ISB and Bangkok Pattana. All teachers making the top salary are recruited outside the country. But, for that you have a shit-load of work (much more than I have to do at the uni level) - easily 60++ hours/week. Also, those jobs require PCGE teaching qualification as well as a minimum BA. Jobs like this are generally few and far between. Therefore, they're not really worth mentioning for most who are thinking about teaching here. Most international schools (elementary and high school level) require the same qualifications and workload and pay, on average 60,000-80,000/month. For me, it's simply not worth it, unless you really like teaching bratty, rich kids.

Old Thai Hand
04-18-08, 01:28
Old Hand: sorry if I misled you. No, here I am not a teacher. The market is too depressed economically. Although I taught uni for 10 years and have good edu quals, candidly, I could not find one here that pays enough? No, I work in an executive position with a multinational firm.

OK. That makes sense, then.

Luvnlife1970
04-18-08, 04:25
You haven't indicated how far your relationship has progressed but if you feel ready for it, you might consider sponsoring her on a fiancee visa which would lessen the burden on her side. This BKK-based law firm (http://www.mythaifiancee.com/) seems to have a solid reputation. I've contacted the proprietor and although I decided not to use his firm's services, he was very direct and immediate with his response to my query.

As far as relocating to Thailand, if you already have the wanderlust and your girlfriend, then, is a catalyst who will merely pull you through the door you had already opened, then by all means, go for it. You'll have a blast. Conversely, if you're basing your decision to relocate solely on the blossoming relationship you have with this girl, then are you willing to uproot your current life, sacrifice a much higher standard of living, even briefly, on the chance that something may develop between the two of you?

When I was in my mid-20s, I did the latter for a girl in Seoul. I don't regret my decision but in hindsight I made life a bit more challenging than was necessary. ;)

In your case, why not bring her over first and then if things work out, head over to Thailand with the support of a solidified relationship (or marriage)?

I realize this is short on practical suggestions about actually living in Thailand, but hopefully the questions will spur you towards decisions that will make the most of your current situation. Cheers.I have to admit the prior threads have been most interesting, and open, and honest which I APPRECIATE, this is the information that I am really looking for from those who are actually living in Thailand. I do think that all in all its worth it, I love the country, the people, the food, the lifestyle. And I say to those who are burned out, you can get burned out anywhere, you really need to look inside and just ask yourself if this (teaching) is really what you want to do. I am in sales and could sell a 3 leg camel in a desert, but that is neither here nor there. Its about what you enjoy doing, and I Hope everyone her e is doing just that. Cheers and hopefully we will enjoy a pint or two! As I will be going for it.

Zzeal
04-18-08, 05:49
I have 10 days in Thailand, I wanted to know which is better Bangkok or Pattaya.