PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

FuckAfMedDig
03-29-15, 00:52
You can pay everything by card, but there is usually a quite steep surcharge for using a credit card.The 30 % surcharge is because the CC transaction is registered and hence the terma has to declare / come up with an excuse for this payment officially.

Cash payments 'don't exist' officially.

Do not tip people in termas except the lady in changing room in MC-she's cool as fcuk, old and doesn't earn much and has such a great, helpful personality.

No one else gets any. 4 X 4 are obsessed with it-they only get away with what you allow them to-and many do hence the safado attitude and cheekyness.

Bartenders there are crap, service lousy and many drinks wrong-and they still want tips. GTF out of here. LOL.

Went on a mad one yesterday from 9 pm to 5 AM-went to boate be / W in Bonsucesso-decent girls-deep zona norte-then went to Olimpo-big outdoor and on-pro club with zero gringos and ended up at Villa Mimosa where I got a nice light-skinned.

Chick for 1 hour-100 Reais. BBBJ.

Exec Talent
03-29-15, 01:56
Nina, the change room attendant at Monte Carlo, has been there forever. She is more attractive than some of the girls who work upstairs. She is sweet as they come, always is in a good mood and helps you any way she can. Please tip her generously. It also wouldn't hurt to give her a hug and a couple pecks on the check while telling her she is "linda" if for no other reason than to see her smile and blush.

Junior
03-29-15, 06:18
Fully agree with other posters that tipping request have become absurd in many termas. People who have provided no real service or even worse whom I have never seen or spoken to before are asking for tips. Passing the cleaning lady on the way to a suite and you may get asked for a tip. Cashiers asking for tips just for adding up your bill incorrectly.

I am certainly not a cheapskate and have no problems tipping people who provide good service. That could be the ladies or the staff, but the numerous requests for tips from everybody is really annoying.

So just say "No" unless you feel a tip is warranted.

Having said that, tipping the right people can be a good idea if you frequent the same place numerous times. In my view the right people are the ladies, the manager who can sort out any problems and very importantly the lady who manages the rooms and will knock on the door when time is up. Her, you want to keep on your side.

Exec Talent
03-31-15, 19:26
One thing that I have noticed is that in Rio there seem to be more and more of the monster ass thunder thigh women. When I have commented about a girl with a small or normal bubble butt to a Brazilian guy, they told me she was cute but not for them. Throughout Europe the Brazilians I have encountered have been normal sized. Even in the US, the Brazilians I have met were mostly of normal size. This leads me to conclude that Brazilian women take steroids, get butt implants and workout because they find it attractive and attractive to others whether be it male or female. This also seems to be a growing trend in the termas. Used to be that there would be 3-5 large women out of 30. Now it seems like it is 10 - 15. Could be when the Real got strong and fewer foreigners were coming to Rio they catered more to the Brazilian market. Also, African Americans who like big asses. I have a buddy whose girlfriend's ass should have its own zip code.

Rio Bob
04-03-15, 20:30
For those of you who haven't looked at airfares lately I just noticed today that airfares toward the end of the year have dropped $400 to $500 rountrip from New York area to Rio. Now of course YMMV depending upon your dates and origin location. For example I saw Tam at about $750 RT and AA at about $850, these are not bad fares and some of you may even be able to do better than that. Hotel prices are coming down too. Some hotels are about the same price as some apartments being offered or not much more.

It has been my experience that prices like this usually don't last long, could be days or even a couple of weeks but prices will go back up. Recently I noticed a $700 price drop to Rome in the afternoon, I thought about it for a couple of hours and purchased the ticket by 7:00 PM. That night at about 11 PM I checked the price again and it went back up to where it was so I was lucky I grabbed it.

I had various plans for Rio this year and already have a ticket using points, I may cancel that ticket and get a cash ticket rather than use points and I had another trip planned too, if I'm going to do it I'll probably do it by the end of the day today. I'm also waiting for the stock market to come down and that hasn't happenned yet but it will.

Tiradentes
04-03-15, 20:41
For those of you who haven't looked at airfares lately I just noticed today that airfares toward the end of the year have dropped $400 to $500 rountrip from New York area to Rio. Now of course YMMV depending upon your dates and origin location. For example I saw Tam at about $750 RT and AA at about $850, these are not bad fares and some of you may even be able to do better than that. .I am afraid that your analysis about airfares is flawed because you picked NYC as the originating destination. Airfares from NYC are the cheapest in the country for all the international destinations. Why, you may ask? Heavy competition among US and overseas airlines. That is it. No airline in the world is large enough to control the NYC market.

All other major hubs in the country are monopolized by one major airline. E. g. , United in Chicago, DC, SFO. American in Miami, Dallas, Philli, (due to US Air merger) Delta in Atlanta, Detroit. Etc. Good luck getting good prices at these destinations. On top of that, you add 'codeshare' and you are royally screwed

An United/Air Canada flight to Montreal from DC is more expensive than flying JFK-GIG.

Rio Bob
04-03-15, 21:32
I am afraid that your analysis about airfares is flawed because you picked NYC as the originating destination. Airfares from NYC are the cheapest in the country for all the international destinations. Why, you may ask? Heavy competition among US and overseas airlines. That is it. No airline in the world is large enough to control the NYC market.

All other major hubs in the country are monopolized by one major airline. E. g. , United in Chicago, DC, SFO. American in Miami, Dallas, Philli, (due to US Air merger) Delta in Atlanta, Detroit. Etc. Good luck getting good prices at these destinations. On top of that, you add 'codeshare' and you are royally screwed

An United/Air Canada flight to Montreal from DC is more expensive than flying JFK-GIG.I said NY to Rio there was no analysis, LOL. Too bad for you that you can't take advantage of it.

LifeIsABeach
04-04-15, 03:18
For those of you who haven't looked at airfares lately I just noticed today that airfares toward the end of the year have dropped $400 to $500 rountrip from New York area to Rio. The USA airlines drop fares from mid September till March. They increase fares again from April. Happens every year. But if the demand during the 'slow' season picks up, then they may increase the fares. I have noticed that some overseas airlines also drop fares during that period.

Kafka
04-09-15, 19:57
Fellas, last time I checked the real was closer to the dollar and prices in Rio were about what one would find in the US.

Has the situation changed dramatically. What can I expect to spend now in terms of compensation for the girls and a nice hotel room?

Is Brazil currently a better value? Thanks!

FuckAfMedDig
04-09-15, 22:08
Fellas, last time I checked the real was closer to the dollar and prices in Rio were about what one would find in the US.

Has the situation changed dramatically. What can I expect to spend now in terms of compensation for the girls and a nice hotel room?

Is Brazil currently a better value? Thanks!Brazil keeps pushing their prices up as Real loses value but is decent value ATM yes. The Petrobas collapse has seen the Real freefall with rumours it will drop to 6 reais for 1 £ -that's 4 to a $ by end of the year.

That means 1 hour in VM would cost me. Ehhh 16 £. That's nuts.

Mangera
04-10-15, 01:28
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2014/11/19/move-over-kim-kardashian-indianara-carvalho-crowned-miss-bumbum-2014/ Enjoy!!

Kafka
04-11-15, 19:20
Brazil keeps pushing their prices up as Real loses value but is decent value ATM yes. The Petrobas collapse has seen the Real freefall with rumours it will drop to 6 reais for 1 -that's 4 to a $ by end of the year.

That means 1 hour in VM would cost me. Ehhh 16 . That's nuts.Thats great!

I am looking at an August trip, any idea whatthe preferred hotels 4 stars and what is the best way to book?

Sunset Strip
04-14-15, 18:55
Next Monday and Tuesday are holidays. Do any of you down in Rio know if the casas will be open?

Obrigado,

SS

Mangera
04-15-15, 01:10
Next Monday and Tuesday are holidays. Do any of you down in Rio know if the casas will be open?

Obrigado,

SSOnly Monday and Tuesday in Brazil. It lasts 360 plus days in the USA.

Mangera
04-17-15, 01:58
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2015/01/20/women-bare-their-breasts-in-rio-to-lobby-for-right-to-go-topless/?intcmp=obnetwork

Interesting, but I doubt there will be any change on the current law in place.

Poucolouco
04-17-15, 02:21
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2015/01/20/women-bare-their-breasts-in-rio-to-lobby-for-right-to-go-topless/?intcmp=obnetwork

Interesting, but I doubt there will be any change on the current law in place.This line up won't win a lot of supporters for their cause. Kkkk.

Mangera
04-17-15, 02:25
This line up won't win a lot of supporters for their cause. Kkkk.Its the thought that counts. Rsrsrs.

Exec Talent
04-24-15, 19:24
When I first embarked on this adventure and found myself in lands unknown, I spent a lot of time researching different options. When I came across forums like this one I would print out relevant information and assemble it in a binder. Then I went through the binder and highlighted areas of interest. Only then did I ask questions of forum members.

Like life in general too many people are happy for others to do the work for them. When you really have done your homework, you will have pointed questions to ask.

AltoBomGosto
04-25-15, 12:16
When I first embarked on this adventure and found myself in lands unknown, I spent a lot of time researching different options. When I came across forums like this one I would print out relevant information and assemble it in a binder. Then I went through the binder and highlighted areas of interest. Only then did I ask questions of forum members.

Like life in general too many people are happy for others to do the work for them. When you really have done your homework, you will have pointed questions to ask.Exc Talent, you are absolute right!

ABG.

Poucolouco
04-25-15, 15:00
The only way to get a cab from the airport is to go upstairs to the departures level and get in a cab that just dropped someone off. Try to be discreet since they're not supposed to be picking you up. I do it every time I go to Rio. As far as I know it's the cheapest route.Actually, the taxis on the departures level will drive down to the arrivals level after dropping off their passengers. There are two types of taxis, yellow taxis and radio-dispatched taxis. The radio taxis are various colors (white, blue, green) and will quote a fare of 90 100 reais for a trip to Copacabana or Ipanema. Yellow taxis operating on the meter will cost about 40 50 reais. You can also negotiate a price with the yellow taxis.

When you leave passport control, and enter the terminal reception area, there will be people aggressively offering taxi services. You can decline these offers and pass through the terminal doors to a street where taxis usually group together with their own service. Most of the taxis in the first lane are radio taxis (various colors) but there is usually also a queue of yellow taxis. Most of the yellow cabs are in the second lane. At this point, you can select which option or service you prefer and take the next available in line. Ask the approximate price for your ride and make sure the driver resets the meter. The starting price on the meter is about R$ 4.80.

Exec Talent
04-25-15, 15:23
People who travel to Brazil can be broken down into two categories, those who speak Portuguese and those who don't.

When I read the advice on here that says you can ask or negotiate or say anything it is completely inappropriate. If someone is asking basic questions, they have been too lazy to research the internet and certainly are not going to speak Portuguese. The average person in Brazil is not going to speak English and even if they do if it is not to their advantage, they are going to act like they don't. Not any different from any other country. Think American in Paris.

Sometimes this nave advice is harmless, but other times (like suggesting someone go to a baile funk party in a favela) can be dangerous.

There are people on this forum who have the desire to be genuinely helpful and then we have those who feel the need to be recognized as the expert. Someone who travels often to Rio and speaks the language is going to be able to be able to do things that those who don't, can't. Know yourself and know that some people here share some great experiences. They may just not be your experience this visit they may have to wait until a future visit.

Poucolouco
05-02-15, 00:34
"Andressa Urach, a runner-up in Brazil's Miss BumBum pageant, has become a walking warning label for dangerous cosmetic surgery. All that junk in the trunk is making her sick. Cheeky Brazilian model Andressa Urach has returned to the hospital to fight a nasty infection from her prodigious butt implants".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bumbum-back-hospital-infected-butt-implant-article-1.2137962

Exec Talent
05-10-15, 21:42
Couldn't help but notice Ricker's contributions so decided to send him a little insider information private message.

Rather than chastising those who do not report, this might be a way to reward those who do and encourage the takers to give. So those of you who give back, expect a welcome PM from me. Maybe a few others in the know could do the same.

World Travel 69
05-14-15, 16:17
The Stadiums are a bust.

They were only required to build 8, but built 12.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazils-3-billion-world-cup-170000993.html

Albert Punter
05-16-15, 02:27
This is one of the many reasons Brazilians are pissed off with politicians.
You know, more stadiums = more money budgeted = more robberies.

The Stadiums are a bust.

They were only required to build 8, but built 12.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazils-3-billion-world-cup-170000993.html

KC Questor
05-30-15, 02:22
This October, I have an opportunity to go to Sao Paulo for three days for work. During those three days I won't have any opportunity to play with any of the fine Brazilian ladies, as I will be chaperoned the whole time. However, I will be taking an extra 3-5 days, during which I'd love to spend as much time as I can with Brazilian pussy. I am considering leaving Sao Paulo for Rio de Janiero for the majority of my extra time. Are the cariocas worth the cost and hassle of an extra trip, or should I just stay in Sao Paulo and enjoy the paulistas?

I am an experienced traveler, with many trips to Venezuela, Colombia, and Central America, but have never been to Brazil. My preference is casas and termas. I am not one for the free-lance or club scene. The last thing I want to do is to take a girl out for drinks and dancing all night only to head back to my hotel for drunk and exhausted sex.

My spanish is adequate, but I do not speak any portuguese -- although I am sure that I can pick up a few phrases between now and then.

So, is it worth the expense and hassle to fly to Rio for a few days, or should I just stick it out in Sao Paulo and accept that the prices are higher (aren't they?) and there aren't as many choices (or are there?

Poucolouco
05-30-15, 02:34
This October, I have an opportunity to go to Sao Paulo for three days for work. During those three days I won't have any opportunity to play with any of the fine Brazilian ladies, as I will be chaperoned the whole time. However, I will be taking an extra 3-5 days, during which I'd love to spend as much time as I can with Brazilian pussy. I am considering leaving Sao Paulo for Rio de Janiero for the majority of my extra time. Are the cariocas worth the cost and hassle of an extra trip, or should I just stay in Sao Paulo and enjoy the paulistas?

I am an experienced traveler, with many trips to Venezuela, Colombia, and Central America, but have never been to Brazil. My preference is casas and termas. I am not one for the free-lance or club scene. The last thing I want to do is to take a girl out for drinks and dancing all night only to head back to my hotel for drunk and exhausted sex.

My spanish is adequate, but I do not speak any portuguese -- although I am sure that I can pick up a few phrases between now and then.

So, is it worth the expense and hassle to fly to Rio for a few days, or should I just stick it out in Sao Paulo and accept that the prices are higher (aren't they?) and there aren't as many choices (or are there?Since you are on a limited visit with the structure of business travel, it would be a waste of time to shuttle to Rio and back when there are plenty of options available in Sao Paulo. Consult with ABG and make the best of your SP visit.

KC Questor
05-31-15, 09:14
Since you are on a limited visit with the structure of business travel, it would be a waste of time to shuttle to Rio and back when there are plenty of options available in Sao Paulo. Consult with ABG and make the best of your SP visit.Thanks for the response. I'll definitely consult with ABG, but I am starting to think that a side trip to Rio is still needed. I'm thinking that I'll some in a day or two early to do SP before my business, then fly to Rio for a few days after I'm done with the job. I can fly home straight from Rio. I am thinking that every guy should see Rio once.

QuackUp
06-01-15, 02:31
Hi Kc,

If you decide to do both, check out Gol airlines. Roundtrip from both domestic airports in Rio and S. P. Go for a low $37.00 one way fee depending on the time you leave.

Kcrl01
06-01-15, 04:16
Actually, the taxis on the departures level will drive down to the arrivals level after dropping off their passengers. There are two types of taxis, yellow taxis and radio-dispatched taxis. The radio taxis are various colors (white, blue, green) and will quote a fare of 90 100 reais for a trip to Copacabana or Ipanema. Yellow taxis operating on the meter will cost about 40 50 reais. You can also negotiate a price with the yellow taxis.

When you leave passport control, and enter the terminal reception area, there will be people aggressively offering taxi services. You can decline these offers and pass through the terminal doors to a street where taxis usually group together with their own service. Most of the taxis in the first lane are radio taxis (various colors) but there is usually also a queue of yellow taxis. Most of the yellow cabs are in the second lane. At this point, you can select which option or service you prefer and take the next available in line. Ask the approximate price for your ride and make sure the driver resets the meter. The starting price on the meter is about R$ 4.8.Ignore the transportation company reps as you clear immigration. Go to the upper level, take any cab with a meter. Make sure the meter is set on are R $4,80 when he takes off. Even with heavy traffic it should not take you more than 30-40 minutes to get to Copa or Ipa. Final damage no more than are are $80,00.

Reminds me of the my first trip to RdJ, I was staying at 8 Miguel Lemos. Met some friends for a drink somewhere. Just so happened we were near Centaurus. So we went. After we were done we all went our separate ways. I took a cab back to Copa. The trip took 40 minutes, the fare are are $90,00. A few days met up with same crew at Mei Pataca. They wanted to go back to Centaurus, there was some promotion going on. I go to tell the cab driver who's always at MP, my boys look at me and say "it's close enough to walk!" .

Ibiza007
06-02-15, 23:29
Thinking back to 2005-2007, prices in Centro were about are $80 for 1 hour, but that was mostly at 2. 2 Real per dollar. So, it was about $36.36 per hour.

Today at are $120 per hour and exchange at 3. 15, the current price is about $38.00.

Wow, inflation of $2. 64 in 8-10 years, that is a great deal for anybody visiting Rio these days. It's still priced just like the good ol' days.

The only ones taking it in the ass both literally and figuratively are the girls. Their percentage of the $R120 is worth about half, or less of what they could buy with it in 2005.

Enjoy the good ol' days as they are here now.

Many places in the world $38 would not include a set of teeth for a lovely BBBJ!

Have fun. Just food for thought.

Ibiza.

MikeDoesBookz
06-09-15, 10:22
I looked but didn't see a list of good, mid-Range hotels to go to in Leme / Copa / Ipanema any suggestions. I will report back.

Sperto
06-12-15, 10:00
Today is Dia dos Namorados. Remember to send greetings to all your brazilian girlfriends.

FuckAfMedDig
06-12-15, 11:46
Today is Dia dos Namorados. Remember to send greetings to all your brazilian girlfriends.And to all your amigas colouridas, GDPs etc!

Eric Cartman
06-14-15, 19:08
Ignore the transportation company reps as you clear immigration. Go to the upper level, take any cab with a meter. Make sure the meter is set on are R $4,80 when he takes off. Even with heavy traffic it should not take you more than 30-40 minutes to get to Copa or Ipa. Final damage no more than are are $80,00.Recently when I landed I was laden with boxes and duty free bags after an extremely long flight, so I decided to risk the Radio Taxi booth right when you exit the immigration area, in the main airport. I walked past the radio taxi booths still inside the immigration area and exited the doors.

There outside is a booth for the official airport cabs that takes credit cards and debit cards. As I had no cash on me except dollars and didn't want to haul all my stuff up to the ATMs, I decided to risk it.

To my great surprise, charge with 1 extra bag (hate when they do that) was BRL 70 to Copa. I was surprised because normally a metered taxi these days, especially on weekends when it is Bandeira 02, are going to be are $66 or so.

Paid with debit card, got my receipt, walked outside and handed receipt to taxi, straight to copa with no worry about him fucking about on the route to try to overcharge me.

Pleasant surprise really.

Hobbying
06-17-15, 17:36
Thinking back to 2005-2007, prices in Centro were about are $80 for 1 hour, but that was mostly at 2. 2 Real per dollar. So, it was about $36.36 per hour.

Today at are $120 per hour and exchange at 3. 15, the current price is about $38.00.

Wow, inflation of $2. 64 in 8-10 years, that is a great deal for anybody visiting Rio these days. It's still priced just like the good ol' days.

The only ones taking it in the ass both literally and figuratively are the girls. Their percentage of the $R120 is worth about half, or less of what they could buy with it in 2005.

Enjoy the good ol' days as they are here now.

Many places in the world $38 would not include a set of teeth for a lovely BBBJ!

Have fun. Just food for thought.

IbizaThere are girls that know the exchange rate has changed and will ask for more. Then there one that don't know the difference. But I have paid the same what I use to pay when the rate was 1.6. To when it was 3.3 a few months ago in boates but all depends on the girl.

Clinicas are not the same though, what use to cost 150 R now cost 250 R they have gone up with inflation.

Exec Talent
06-19-15, 16:39
Retiring from mongering career.

Of course, I'm not talking about myself. In less than 24 hours two of our more contributing members, PatmarBeleza1 and Ricker, have declared that they will retire from their mongering careers.

I doubt that they will get golden watches as retirement gifts. Maybe they'll get free blowjobs at Uruguaiana 24 as retirement gifts?

Meeting the big "amor da minha vida" is a great thing, so I want to congratulate both of them and also thank them for all their interesting and funny reports.

Personally I see no problem combining a "amor da minha vida"-relationship with mongering. Two different things. Just have to do the mongering discreetly.You also could take your amor along on your adventures. If she is hot, you should have no problem scoring threesomes and moresomes. Happy to help both of you guys ease into your retirement.

Rio Bob
06-19-15, 17:55
Recently when I landed I was laden with boxes and duty free bags after an extremely long flight, so I decided to risk the Radio Taxi booth right when you exit the immigration area, in the main airport. I walked past the radio taxi booths still inside the immigration area and exited the doors.

There outside is a booth for the official airport cabs that takes credit cards and debit cards. As I had no cash on me except dollars and didn't want to haul all my stuff up to the ATMs, I decided to risk it.

To my great surprise, charge with 1 extra bag (hate when they do that) was BRL 70 to Copa. I was surprised because normally a metered taxi these days, especially on weekends when it is Bandeira 02, are going to be are $66 or so.

Paid with debit card, got my receipt, walked outside and handed receipt to taxi, straight to copa with no worry about him fucking about on the route to try to overcharge me.

Pleasant surprise really.I normally go to Rio by myself and I always have big luggage with me. Whatever taxi I take since I am alone with my big luggage it always just fits in the taxi and I am good to go.

But 1 trip I will be taking to Rio this year I will have 2 companions with me and all 3 of us will have big luggage. Does anyone think I would be able to get a taxi or a van that could take all 3 of us into Zona Sul in the same vehicle. I never really noticed before because I'm alone but maybe some of you guys have come across this?

Beach Star
06-21-15, 15:40
Recommend the free app for "EASY TAXI" in Rio to hail cabs. Works very well especially if you are traveling in Barra / Recreio / Jacarepagua areas where it is difficult to get cabs on the street.

The Cane
06-27-15, 00:04
The next time I'm in Rio, I think I might want to check out a concert. Can anybody recommend a good site where I can go online and see who's going to be playing around town before I get down there, and that will allow me to purchase and download my ticket online? It doesn't matter to me if the site is in English or Portuguese. I'll be able to navigate my way around either way. What I'm looking for is something like this site for events in Mexico: http://www.dondehayferia.com/. I don't need anything that covers the whole country like the Mexican site does since I'm really primarily interested in Rio. If anybody has any good sites you can refer me to, that would be greatly appreciated.

Java Man
06-27-15, 04:31
The next time I'm in Rio, I think I might want to check out a concert. Can anybody recommend a good site where I can go online and see who's going to be playing around town before I get down there, and that will allow me to purchase and download my ticket online?Found these sites to purchase tix online. You'll have to register and will need a CPF to buy. http://premier.ticketsforfun.com.br/.

http://www.ingresso.com/rio-de-janeiro/home/show

https://ticketbrasil.com.br/uf/rj/ BTW, I've never used them. Best of Luck.

Rio Bob
06-30-15, 21:45
I'm not sure if links are allowed here but you can Google and see that Us Pres. To Meet with Brazilian Pres. June 30th and killing the Visa is part of the talks and part of the reason is to increase Olympic / US visitors.I saw their press conference today but I didn't hear any mention about relaxing Visa requirements at all unless I missed it or they just didn't mention it, anybody know better?

Java Man
06-30-15, 22:37
I saw their press conference today but I didn't hear any mention about relaxing Visa requirements at all unless I missed it or they just didn't mention it, anybody know better?It was a little vague. Not a lot of coverage about it. "They also agreed to take steps so that Americans and Brazilians can travel between the two countries without visas, and to allow Brazilians to apply for expedited "Global Entry" clearance when visiting the United States in early 2016."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/30/us-usa-brazil-statement-idUSKCN0PA25620150630

Eric Cartman
07-04-15, 15:15
Recommend the free app for "EASY TAXI" in Rio to hail cabs. Works very well especially if you are traveling in Barra / Recreio / Jacarepagua areas where it is difficult to get cabs on the street.Uber also works pretty well now.

Exec Talent
07-04-15, 20:58
Uber also works pretty well now.A friend in Rio the other day had her cellphone stolen while she was sitting waiting for a bus. She noticed guys on motorcycles surveying the area before another guy knocked the cellphone out of her hand, picked it up and ran off with it. Other friends tell me there is hardly any work and people are getting more and more desperate.

Can think of no easier way for a bandit to rob someone, especially a tourist, than to have them voluntarily get into his car. Uber fare - 40 Reais. Passenger's cash, phone, let's make a visit to an ATM and BTW, how much are those credit cards and your passport worth to you?

Matt Topper
07-05-15, 18:48
Fellow mongers,

I am in urgent need of your help. My partner in crime and I have booked my trip to Rio for October however, our usual girl friendly apartment (RioApartmentRentals.com) looks like it may have gone out of business (no replies to multiple emails or phone calls). I have tried numerous legit websites and all apartment owners so far are saying no to visitors as they don't want their apartments to be used for sex tourism (party poopers!

Do any of you have any recommendations for apartments to stay in the Copa area?

Many thanks in advance.

MT

Eric Cartman
07-06-15, 04:50
A friend in Rio the other day had her cellphone stolen while she was sitting waiting for a bus. She noticed guys on motorcycles surveying the area before another guy knocked the cellphone out of her hand, picked it up and ran off with it. Other friends tell me there is hardly any work and people are getting more and more desperate.

Can think of no easier way for a bandit to rob someone, especially a tourist, than to have them voluntarily get into his car. Uber fare - 40 Reais. Passenger's cash, phone, let's make a visit to an ATM and BTW, how much are those credit cards and your passport worth to you?I thought the same, but lots of people I know are using it. Uber screens their drivers and has logs of who is driving the cars, etc. Taxis are less safe, theoretically.

Again, I had the same theory but I see a ton of people using it and swearing they believe it's safer than getting into a taxi where you really have no idea if the driver is a real driver.

I've had female friends jacked by taxi drivers, so who knows.

Use at your own risk, I suppose.

Sperto
07-07-15, 05:22
Entrance Visas in Brazil. Updated on June 25,2015.

http://www.portalconsular.mre.gov.br/estrangeiros/1qgrv-simples-ing-25.06.2015.pdf

Escort4Us
07-07-15, 06:01
I thought the same, but lots of people I know are using it. Uber screens their drivers and has logs of who is driving the cars, etc. Taxis are less safe, theoretically.

Again, I had the same theory but I see a ton of people using it and swearing they believe it's safer than getting into a taxi where you really have no idea if the driver is a real driver.

I've had female friends jacked by taxi drivers, so who knows.

Use at your own risk, I suppose.In my two years using Uber, I have logged 403 trips. I was surprised, but that's what Uber's anniversary Email to me said.

I have used them all over the Globe, and have felt immensely more secure in them than a Taxi, mostly because I -always-. -anywhere-. Had someone speaking English.

Your location is tracked via GPS in real time, and even the Uber app has a panic button feature IIRC.

I will use local taxis, but only with a local. Or with a local's specific guidance.

Andeze
07-07-15, 12:09
Fellow mongers,

I have lived vicariously through your reports for years, never thinking I would get a chance to practice our craft in Brazil. Now I have a very slim window of opportunity as I am visiting Rio and Sao Paulo in Aug 15. Unfortunately our dollar has tanked big time so I am looking to make the most of my visit with both limited Funds and Time (yes far from ideal.) Does anyone know of Monger friendly Tour Guides in Rio that can show me the sights including a trip into VM?

Cheers

SouthernGunner
07-08-15, 09:07
Fellow mongers,

I have lived vicariously through your reports for years, never thinking I would get a chance to practice our craft in Brazil. Now I have a very slim window of opportunity as I am visiting Rio and Sao Paulo in Aug 15. Unfortunately our dollar has tanked big time so I am looking to make the most of my visit with both limited Funds and Time (yes far from ideal.) Does anyone know of Monger friendly Tour Guides in Rio that can show me the sights including a trip into VM?

CheersDear Andeze,

I am just on the same boat as you. I will arrive at Sampa by the 16th of Aug. As a gringo, perhaps we needed some local intel to help us out. PM me if you would like to.

Chill out together at Sampa.

Cheers

SouthernGunner
07-08-15, 09:24
Fellow mongers,

CheersHi Andeze,

I'm about to arrive at Sao Paulo by the 16 of Aug. As a fellow monger, perhaps it would be great to hang out and discover the local punters scene.

PM me if you are interested.

Bravo
07-13-15, 20:13
I have a friend who is begging me to send her some Hair Weaves so she can sell them in her salon in Caxias. What is the cheapest way to mail them to her? I am nervous that it might cost more money to send them to Brazil than it is to buy the hair. LOL.

Mr Enternational
07-13-15, 21:38
I have a friend who is begging me to send her some Hair Weaves so she can sell them in her salon in Caxias. What is the cheapest way to mail them to her? I am nervous that it might cost more money to send them to Brazil than it is to buy the hair. LOL.And besides that, what about the import duty?

AltoBomGosto
07-14-15, 01:53
Dear Andeze,

I am just on the same boat as you. I will arrive at Sampa by the 16th of Aug. As a gringo, perhaps we needed some local intel to help us out. PM me if you would like to.

Chill out together at Sampa.

CheersI'm born in Sao Paulo and would be glad to help you two. Please,. PM me for details.

ABG.

Bravo
07-14-15, 04:20
And besides that, what about the import duty?Import duty? How much is that? If I drop 100 bucks on hair, I wonder how much it would cost to send to Rio and then how much it they would charge me for the import tax?

Nordico
07-14-15, 04:37
Import duty? How much is that? If I drop 100 bucks on hair, I wonder how much it would cost to send to Rio and then how much it they would charge me for the import tax?You'd better buy yourself a ticket to Brazil. If you use ordinary mail, they might disappear on the way. That is the reason why many companies don't do business with private people in Brazil, because their merchandise never arrive to their destinations.

Here is some info about duties in Brazil. http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Brazil/.

Jan 156
07-14-15, 18:01
I can second that from experience. Stuff mostly does arrive but it can be months late. Literally. Even stuff with a tracking code that they tell you it will arrive in so many days. It doesn't.

Cho 637
07-24-15, 07:42
Anybody know of any proxy servers besides Brazilproxy? My spyware doesn't like them. Trying to get on GPguia. I did a search on the forum but I didn't find anything.

Mr Enternational
07-24-15, 13:30
Anybody know of any proxy servers besides Brazilproxy? My spyware doesn't like them. Trying to get on GPguia. I did a search on the forum but I didn't find anything.What's been going on player? You need to come out and join me and Pipe Layer in Thailand sometime.

Eric Cartman
07-25-15, 14:50
I am increasingly amused by the guys in the SP and Rio threads who are posting about not finding girls who speak English.

King Of Crunk
07-25-15, 21:29
I haven't posted on this board in quite some time but I frequent it a lot. Most of my trips that included mongering really didn't provide any new information so I never posted anything. Here is my situation, I have a unlocked Iphone 4's that I will bring. I am aware of how to get it set up prepaid with the local carriers. Any one with tech information its greatly appreciated as when I was down there last year I had a old Samsung flip phone and Ipod Touch 4th generation that worked OK.

Thanks.

Whatsapp.

I have already downloaded Whatsapp but it ask for my country and my cell phone but I never put any information in so I am at that status. I currently don' t have the phone hooked up to any USA carrier at the moment and when I hit Brazil and get a prepaid cell number do I use that or should I use my current number provided by my other non prepaid phone carrier. And will this effect anything should I use it in another country or change sim cards.

Uber.

I have downloaded this app and nothing more. Question here it ask for phone and email. As states above its not hooked up to any USA carrier. Once I get my prepaid sim card in Brazil can I use that or my non prepaid phone carrier. I also plan on going to Colombia after Brazil and more than likely get a sim card there. After being set up to a Brazil sim card and changing it to a Colombian sim card can or will it effect the use from one country to another.

Cho 637
07-31-15, 15:11
What's been going on player? You need to come out and join me and Pipe Layer in Thailand sometime.Whats up!

Thinking about it next year, since Brazil will be "hosting" the Olympics. Going to avoid the jacked up prices. Hitting Rio and Samapa this October.

Mr Enternational
07-31-15, 15:58
Whatsapp.

I have already downloaded Whatsapp but it ask for my country and my cell phone but I never put any information in so I am at that status. I currently don' t have the phone hooked up to any USA carrier at the moment and when I hit Brazil and get a prepaid cell number do I use that or should I use my current number provided by my other non prepaid phone carrier. And will this effect anything should I use it in another country or change sim cards.You need to use your normal number. It will send a text to that number to verify. Then when it is time to pay it will do it for that number as well. No problem changing SIM cards, because after you have service it goes by the device. You can not add the same whatsapp account to run on a different device at the same time.

Uber.

I have downloaded this app and nothing more. Question here it ask for phone and email. As states above its not hooked up to any USA carrier. Once I get my prepaid sim card in Brazil can I use that or my non prepaid phone carrier. I also plan on going to Colombia after Brazil and more than likely get a sim card there. After being set up to a Brazil sim card and changing it to a Colombian sim card can or will it effect the use from one country to another.Again you would want to do this with your normal phone number and email. When setting up an account you have to add a credit card. And when you request a car the phone number in the account is how the driver contacts you if need be. When you arrive at your destination the amount is subtracted from your credit card and a receipt is emailed to you.

I don't think you can switch SIM cards and still use the Uber account. But you can switch SIM cards and still be in your normal whatsapp account. The best thing is to have T-mobile's simple choice plan where you have free international data. That way you really don't even need a local SIM card. I have let my numbers in various countries fall by the wayside because between whatsapp and line there is really no need for me to physically call chicks. Hell you can even call them through the apps if need be.

Koolkid
08-07-15, 18:15
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this area before? Is it reltively
a safe area and with grocery stores, gym etc near by?

With the real hovering at 5. 40 I feel it's time to venture back to Rio. But I'm
still undecided whether Rio will be a better place to hobby before or after the Olympics.

Anyways I'm putting in the homework now. Thanks for any infos and will do daily reports when I'm there like before.

Thanks.

Sperto
08-07-15, 18:40
Hi.
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this area before? Is it reltively
a safe area and with grocery stores, gym etc near by?
Rua Barão de Ipanema. A very good area! Specially between NS Cop and Av Atl.
Nice bars, botecos, sucobar and restaurantes on the same street. Supermercado Princesa one block away. Cinema Roxy as well. Banco do Brasil on the same street. Bodytech gym, 1,5 block away.

Safety. There used to be a lot of muggings on that street 10 years ago. Now it's much calmer. Just a bunch of homeless people sleeping outside the school. You should feel safe on that street. As always, just use common sense.

What street no will you stay at?

Koolkid
08-07-15, 18:59
Rua Baro de Ipanema. A very good area! Specially between NS Cop and Av Atl.
Nice bars, botecos, sucobar and restaurantes on the same street. Supermercado Princesa one block away. Cinema Roxy as well. Banco do Brasil on the same street. Bodytech gym, 1,5 block away.

Safety. There used to be a lot of muggings on that street 10 years ago. Now it's much calmer. Just a bunch of homeless people sleeping outside the school. You should feel safe on that street. As always, just use common sense.

What street no will you stay at?

Hi Sperto,thanks for your quick detailed reply.
It's 2 blocks back from the beach on the right. If my memory is correct there is a metro station not too far away too.
So I'm thinking this location will be cool.

Thanks.

Aardvaark2010
08-08-15, 15:00
Hello all,

Sorry for the ignorance but can someone explain what's a club, boite, clinica, prive please.

Thanks very much.

World Travel 69
08-09-15, 15:33
Places with chicas.

Hello all,

Sorry for the ignorance but can someone explain what's a club, boite, clinica, prive please.

Thanks very much.

Explorer8939
08-09-15, 18:58
Hello all,

Thanks very much.A club or boite in this context is a bar where you typically pay an entrance fee, which gives you some number of drinks, and inside are supposed to be some working girls. You negotiate a fee with the girl, and then take her either to an onsite room or some hotel.

A prive is simply a brothel in a house, apartment or business. It may be a massage parlor.

A clinica is typically a massage parlor.

Usually boates are ripoffs, with only a handful of girls inside, no show, or really high prices.

George90
08-15-15, 16:09
I am wondering if anyone else who lives in the USA is noticing what I am noticing. I live in South Florida. For all of 2015, I have been hearing more and more Brazilian Portuguese in public places. In a Publix grocery store there was a Brazilian family in the next aisle. Yesterday in a Walmart, there was a group of Brazilian ladies shopping. A recently graduated Brazilian student was a customer at my job, who was starting her 1 year 'professional training' part of her F-1 student visa. She told me her family told her to stay in the US because there were no jobs for her in Brazil.

In the prior 4 or 5 years, I have only occasionally met Brazilians, and almost always in places that cater to Brazilian ex-pats like Brazilian restaurants. Now I am encountering Brazilians everywhere! Are any of you?

LifeIsABeach
08-15-15, 20:00
I am wondering if anyone else who lives in the USA is noticing what I am noticing. I live in South Florida. For all of 2015, I have been hearing more and more Brazilian Portuguese in public places. In a Publix grocery store there was a Brazilian family in the next aisle. Yesterday in a Walmart, there was a group of Brazilian ladies shopping. A recently graduated Brazilian student was a customer at my job, who was starting her 1 year 'professional training' part of her F-1 student visa. She told me her family told her to stay in the US because there were no jobs for her in Brazil. In the prior 4 or 5 years, I have only occasionally met Brazilians, and almost always in places that cater to Brazilian ex-pats like Brazilian restaurants. Now I am encountering Brazilians everywhere! Are any of you?A guy I know at the health club I go to is Brazilian. He teaches Martial Arts. His school is named after his father who taught him everything. Though he is built like a rock, he's a cool guy. He goes back to Brazil every year to see his family.

FuckAfMedDig
08-15-15, 22:43
I am increasingly amused by the guys in the SP and Rio threads who are posting about not finding girls who speak English.LOL like what a surprise! Brazil only has one of the worst general levels of English I've ever experienced.

Learn some damn portuguese and take advantage of this great place and many local beauties who would love to meet someone different who treats them better but still speaks their language so they can relate.

Rio Bob
08-16-15, 16:35
In the prior 4 or 5 years, I have only occasionally met Brazilians, and almost always in places that cater to Brazilian ex-pats like Brazilian restaurants. Now I am encountering Brazilians everywhere! Are any of you?Last time I was in South beach a few years ago I saw Brazilians all over the place and people I know who live in south Florida told me there are plenty of Brazilians there.

I live in the north east, the Brazilians have been here for many years in Boston, Newark NJ and New York has had a little Brazil street for many years. Every September they have their Brazilian independence day, this year it will be Sept 6th and it's a huge party.

I now live in a NY suburb, not many Brazilians live here but many come to work in various businesses and homes for cleaning. Every morning I take a walk past the commuter train station and the workers are getting off the train to go to homes in the neighborhood as cleaning ladies and such, sometimes we wave and say Oi and other times we stop and have a brief conversation about the weather and things, always good to hear and practice Portuguese as much as you can. Now I got my eye on a young Mexican lady, lets see what happens, she's very friendly and nice.

Exec Talent
08-16-15, 18:49
Last time I was in South beach a few years ago I saw Brazilians all over the place and people I know who live in south Florida told me there are plenty of Brazilians there.

I live in the north east, the Brazilians have been here for many years in Boston, Newark NJ and New York has had a little Brazil street for many years. Every September they have their Brazilian independence day, this year it will be Sept 6th and it's a huge party.

I now live in a NY suburb, not many Brazilians live here but many come to work in various businesses and homes for cleaning. Every morning I take a walk past the commuter train station and the workers are getting off the train to go to homes in the neighborhood as cleaning ladies and such, sometimes we wave and say Oi and other times we stop and have a brief conversation about the weather and things, always good to hear and practice Portuguese as much as you can. Now I got my eye on a young Mexican lady, lets see what happens, she's very friendly and nice.Brazil is the fifth largest country by population in the world.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats8.htm

I meet Brazilians everywhere. Anytime there is a domestic economic downturn, people of that country look for better opportunities elsewhere.

The Cane
08-16-15, 22:58
Actually, some can't wait that long: http://www.foxsports.com/olympics/story/photo-team-mugged-while-covering-rio-olympic-test-event-081615.

The Cane
08-16-15, 23:10
I am wondering if anyone else who lives in the USA is noticing what I am noticing. I live in South Florida. For all of 2015, I have been hearing more and more Brazilian Portuguese in public places. In a Publix grocery store there was a Brazilian family in the next aisle. Yesterday in a Walmart, there was a group of Brazilian ladies shopping. A recently graduated Brazilian student was a customer at my job, who was starting her 1 year 'professional training' part of her F-1 student visa. She told me her family told her to stay in the US because there were no jobs for her in Brazil.

In the prior 4 or 5 years, I have only occasionally met Brazilians, and almost always in places that cater to Brazilian ex-pats like Brazilian restaurants. Now I am encountering Brazilians everywhere! Are any of you?Even in a town like Atlanta, the number of Brazilians living there has noticeably increased. The last time I was in Brazil, it was funny because I could hear the tutes talking about the arrival times of flights coming into Rio from Atlanta full of horny gringos bearing gifts LOL! They knew when those flights from the ATL were supposed to be landing LOL! Also those from the New York City metro area.

Bravo
08-17-15, 17:52
Last time I was in South beach a few years ago I saw Brazilians all over the place and people I know who live in south Florida told me there are plenty of Brazilians there.
e.When the housing bubble burst back in 2008, Brazilians and Russians started buying up all those multi-million dollar condos in Miami for cheap! My cousin is in real estate in Miami and he said Brazilians flooded the city because they were selling their homes in Rio and buying mansions in Miami for less money.

Cho 637
09-04-15, 07:11
Can anyone tell me if the hotels in Sampa are still girl friendly? Its been a while since I've been there, I used to stay in Jardim near Avenida Paulista. I am also considering Ibirapurea.

Ricker
09-04-15, 18:32
Guys, not too long ago I met a fantastic girl in Brazil.

The more time we spend together, the better we get along, the more I respect and admire her and the more I genuinely care and love her.

The chemestry between us is crazy good!

I mongered for a long time, and had lots of fun, however, the time was right for me to find someone "special".

Being together and traveling together and knowing that someone really 'digs' me is great and totally satisfies me.

The 'mongering game' is obviously fun and enjoyable, and I wish all you guys the best of the best in your travels.

I still get on the ISG, mainly to get some chuckles, check up on old mates, give a little advice at times, and make some occassional sarcastic remarks.

Thats all great! However.

The funny thing is and the main reason I'm sharing this is to say it's just crazy how there is a member of this ISG that messages my girlfriend to tell her I'm still posting on the ISG (she already knew about the site itself), that I'm posting about hook-ups (which I'm not), and that I'm generally a lying scumbag, and that she should be with him, though he's never even met her in person. Crazy guy, really!!

It'd be funny, if it wasn't so pathetic really.

I've told my girlfriend everything about my past, and I know of hers.

We've put it in the past.

I'm happy now, only with her.

We talk about this guy too, that writes her, and it just baffles me how pathetic this dude is.

Dude, I know you'll read this post.

I know who you are, I'm a nice guy, but not stupid, and neither is she.

Just move on with your life.

Between Brazil and Colombia, you have literally millions of other girls to choose from!

I feel sad for you, for your actions, however, I wish you luck in moving on.

Mr Enternational
09-04-15, 19:36
The funny thing is and the main reason I'm sharing this is to say it's just crazy how there is a member of this ISG that messages my girlfriend to tell her I'm still posting on the ISG (she already knew about the site itself), that I'm posting about hook-ups (which I'm not), and that I'm generally a lying scumbag and that she should be with him, even though he's never even met her in person. Crazy guy for real!
Between Brazil and Colombia, you have literally millions of other girls to choose from!

I feel sad for you, for your actions, however, I wish you luck in moving on.Reminds me of about 10 years ago when I was dating a chick in Montreal. I went to Rio with a buddy of mine who I had known for 15 years. When I returned from Rio, I went to my girl's house in Canada. I woke up one morning to her crying. I said what is going on? I looked over at the computer and there he is sending her X-rated pictures of me with other girls from our trip and saying what a terrible guy I am and how he would treat her right. And the kicker is that he had just recently married a Canadian chick! Seriously? All I could say to my girl was, "Well you told me to have fun. ".

Koolkid
09-06-15, 18:06
I've just checked my dates again on Skyscanner and alot of new flights have been added for my dates.

For early next year. 40% down on the prices I've been seeing over the last month. It pays to wait and be patient.

£378 for a return is the best I've seen, although the return leg has an 8 hour stop wait in Paris.

If the exchange rate holds and or gets better. It's going to be a perfect trip!

Mangera
09-06-15, 21:55
Reminds me of about 10 years ago when I was dating a chick in Montreal. I went to Rio with a buddy of mine who I had known for 15 years. When I returned from Rio, I went to my girl's house in Canada. I woke up one morning to her crying. I said what is going on? I looked over at the computer and there he is sending her X-rated pictures of me with other girls from our trip and saying what a terrible guy I am and how he would treat her right. And the kicker is that he had just recently married a Canadian chick! Seriously? All I could say to my girl was, "Well you told me to have fun. ".Great Story! Your last line caused me to LOL! Thanks for sharing, and the laugh.

Exec Talent
09-18-15, 00:05
Excerpted here so not to clutter Reports thread.

I don't know what the old prices were, but the cost here seems pretty high. I don't know WTF these prive owners are trying to do, but charging almost R$200 for a prive should finally provide the nail in the coffin for this casa. These places cater to 98% Brazilian men, so the positive dollar / real exchange rate does not affect them one iota. Why raise prices in accordance with the rising exchange rate? Talk about Bizarro Law of Supply and Demand. Bizarro as in the Seinfeld reference to Bizarro World. Where everything is opposite. Up is down and down is up and Bizarro Superman lives underwater and says bad bye instead of good bye.Regarding the increase in rates at Emporio do Banho, and in general in Brazil: The rate of inflation was 9. 53% in August. Few things are capable of killing an economy as fast. Wages, which often change on an annual basis, just can't keep up. Many of the middle class work for the government which is under pressure to reduce, freeze or limit increases in wages and benefits. During the US Recession, Washington DC was one of the few areas not impacted. The same is not going to happen in Brazil. How this impacts tourists in not so much financially, but through increased crime. Be careful and carry Reais, not dollars.

Java Man
09-18-15, 22:43
Help Disco closed on Jan 6, 2010. In it's place the Museum of Image and Sound, was to be built, with construction to be completed in the end of 2012. 2012 came and went. It's now 2015, and it's still not finished. Previous trips, I'd go by the area and one could hear construction noise, even at night. My last two trips not as much noise nor activity. But my last trip, saw a sign stating it would open around April 2016. (Those Brazilians are a positive bunch.) Going on 4 years behind schedule, initially budgeted at $R70 Million, I wonder how much over budget it's gone. It's finally starting to look like sumthin.

The Cane
09-18-15, 23:17
Anybody attending? Wish I was there!

http://rockinrio.com/usa/

Eric Cartman
09-21-15, 03:03
Anybody attending? Wish I was there!

http://rockinrio.com/usa/Globo is posting a lot of vids on youtube. Look for "multishow rock in rio 2015".

Eric Cartman
09-21-15, 03:05
Excerpted here so not to clutter Reports thread.

Regarding the increase in rates at Emporio do Banho, and in general in Brazil: The rate of inflation was 9. 53% in August. Few things are capable of killing an economy as fast. Wages, which often change on an annual basis, just can't keep up. Many of the middle class work for the government which is under pressure to reduce, freeze or limit increases in wages and benefits. During the US Recession, Washington DC was one of the few areas not impacted. The same is not going to happen in Brazil. How this impacts tourists in not so much financially, but through increased crime. Be careful and carry Reais, not dollars.Actually the union-negotiated wage increase (for people who have worked 12 full months) will be about 10.6% this year (this September), by law, at least for technology employees. It's a vicious circle.

Exec Talent
09-21-15, 09:56
Actually the union-negotiated wage increase (for people who have worked 12 full months) will be about 10.6% this year (this September), by law, at least for technology employees. It's a vicious circle.While IT jobs are increasing in Brazil, the number is small compared to those employed in the governmental sector which is where the belt tightening, not increases, will take place.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-14/brazil-government-said-to-unveil-14-6-billion-austerity-plan

The minimum wage in Brazil is scheduled to increase 8.37% in January 2016 to BRL 854 a month from the current 788. The actual amount is somewhat higher when taking mandatory annual and holiday bonuses into account. Brazilians also receive a month's paid vacation.

One of the problems Brazil has is government pensions and some government salaries (which is a huge component of the Brazilian budget) are based on multiples of the minimum wage. Increase the minimum wage to help the poor and government pensions are increased.

A myopic view in this area is clearly a case of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Ibiza007
09-24-15, 22:33
Do the Centro Prives still offer 4 hands at a discount?

Used to be are $80 for one and are $120 for two, so now maybe are $120 and are $180 or so. Is that still available, it was always a great deal, and at 4 to 1 exchange an extra 15 bucks get a spare set of lips. Nice!

Cheers.

Ibiza.

Eric Cartman
09-25-15, 01:29
Real devalued rapidly to a high of over BRL$4. 25 today before getting slammed back down after hours (to BRL$3. 93) when the head of the Brazil Central Bank announced he believes the country's dollar reserves should be used to prop up the Real.

Amazing to see such a strengthening in the Real just on his words. Let's see what happens.

Mr Enternational
09-25-15, 06:58
Real devalued rapidly to a high of over BRL$4. 25 today before getting slammed back down after hours (to BRL$3. 93) when the head of the Brazil Central Bank announced he believes the country's dollar reserves should be used to prop up the Real.

Amazing to see such a strengthening in the Real just on his words. Let's see what happens.All except his words had nothing to do with nothing. A couple of the currencies that I monitor (including the Thai baht and the Mexican peso) did the same fall and surge against the USD within the same time period.

Sperto
09-25-15, 16:39
Do the Centro Prives still offer 4 hands at a discount?

Used to be are $80 for one and are $120 for two, so now maybe are $120 and are $180 or so. Is that still available, it was always a great deal, and at 4 to 1 exchange an extra 15 bucks get a spare set of lips. Nice!

Cheers.

Ibiza.Yes, sometimes they do have these offers.

Last year one of my favourite fast-foda casas had R$50/1 girl or R$60/2 girls. This year the priced was raized to R$50/1 girl or R$100/2 girls.
A strange way to have a dupla discount, but it works with less smart guys. I remembered once this year, while sitting in the waiting room, an average-da Silva came in for a lunch-quickie. He chose a girl and went up to the desk to pay his fifty-note. The girl asked him, why don't you enjoy our special discount R$100/2 girls? They guy said "woooow great" and quickly pulled up one more fifty-note, took another girl and went to the cabins satisfied with his good deal.

I noticed your old wingman Full Throttle in the São Paulo thread. Any chance of reading some new Full Throttle & Ibiza007 centro reports in the future?

Ibiza007
09-26-15, 00:20
Yes, sometimes they do have these offers.

Last year one of my favourite fast-foda casas had R$50/1 girl or R$60/2 girls. This year the priced was raized to R$50/1 girl or R$100/2 girls.
A strange way to have a dupla discount, but it works with less smart guys. I remembered once this year, while sitting in the waitingroom, an average-da Silva came in for a lunch-quickie. He chose a girl and went up to the desk to pay his fifty-note. The girl asked him, why don't you enjoy our special discount R$100/2 girls? They guy said "woooow great" and quickly pulled up one more fifty-note, took another girl and went to the cabins satisfied with his good deal.

I noticed your old wingman Full Throttle in the So Paulo thread. Any chance of reading some new Full Throttle & Ibiza007 centro reports in the future?FT is going to soon be back on the ground. I wish I could hit the town with him, but probably not this trip. If anyone is around I highly recommend they try to connect with him and a great will be had for sure.

I miss the duplas, what a great way to spend an hour or two.

Ibiza.

DJ FourMoney
10-01-15, 11:37
As some of you long term posters and lurkers may know I've been looking to get down to BR for almost a decade.

Well I finally have things in order and was originally planning to go down for a month or more.

However I have seen some aggressive online flight pricing and I might take advantage. The problem is the best price thus far is for seven days in early Dec. Is seven days accounting for jet lag on both ends enough?

This is not a 100% mongering trip, I want to find somebody special as some of the long time posters have found. But I also want to experience some delights of GDP's.

I know about the areas more in-town than near the beach with some good affordable options, any favorites stand out and how much should I budget for these experiences?

Thanks.

Mr Enternational
10-01-15, 14:02
As some of you long term posters and lurkers may know I've been looking to get down to BR for almost a decade.
Is seven days accounting for jet lag on both ends enough?

This is not a 100% mongering trip, I want to find somebody special as some of the long time posters have found. But I also want to experience some delights of GDP's.Damn. I thought you had gotten married. Aren't you coming from USA? There should not be any jet lag going to South America. Then again I am used to going back and forth to Asia and Europe so it may be more noticeable to you. Just take a nap at the right time and you should be okay.

DJ FourMoney
10-01-15, 14:12
Damn. I thought you had gotten married. Aren't you coming from USA? There should not be any jet lag going to South America. Then again I am used to going back and forth to Asia and Europe so it may be more noticeable to you. Just take a nap at the right time and you should be okay.LOL! Not yet; maybe in the next 24 months will see. Of course I'm coming from the US (LAX). I don't think I'll experience jet lag, haven't thus far.

Rio Bob
10-02-15, 23:07
I have been assisting some friends on getting a Brazilian visa. We went through a visa service for NY, it takes 5 weeks just to get an appointment at the embassy and then it takes 4 more weeks to get the visa done. Each consulate or embassy might have different timeframes so keep this in mind.

Mr Enternational
10-03-15, 14:47
I have been assisting some friends on getting a Brazilian visa. We went through a visa service for NY, it takes 5 weeks just to get an appointment at the embassy and then it takes 4 more weeks to get the visa done. Each consulate or embassy might have different timeframes so keep this in mind.That is wild. Here in Atlanta you get the visa the same day as your appointment. I went about noon and came back at 3pm to pick it up. Also, it was easy to get an appointment. You just go online and click a date and time that was open. Try doing it on your own instead of paying a service (unless you do not live in the vicinity of an embassy or consulate.)

One Eyed Man
10-03-15, 15:33
I recently got a visa in NY. I panicked when I saw that the consulate's website said something like 3 weeks (15 business days) for a visa, however I just went anyway and got one in about a week. You need to schedule an appointment on the website, and time slots can fill up fast. Bring a book, though, due to delays from dumbasses not coming when their number is called.

I have been assisting some friends on getting a Brazilian visa. We went through a visa service for NY, it takes 5 weeks just to get an appointment at the embassy and then it takes 4 more weeks to get the visa done. Each consulate or embassy might have different timeframes so keep this in mind.

ForceSteeler
10-04-15, 08:32
I recently got a visa in NY. I panicked when I saw that the consulate's website said something like 3 weeks (15 business days) for a visa, however I just went anyway and got one in about a week. You need to schedule an appointment on the website, and time slots can fill up fast. Bring a book, though, due to delays from dumbasses not coming when their number is called.How long do the visa last? 5 or 10 Years? I'm confused because of the website. I wish Brazil would get rid of this stupid visa process. Especially with there economy in free fall. They need all the tourist they can get!. The Visa Hassle Makes it a pain.

DJ FourMoney
10-05-15, 01:36
I have been assisting some friends on getting a Brazilian visa. We went through a visa service for NY, it takes 5 weeks just to get an appointment at the embassy and then it takes 4 more weeks to get the visa done. Each consulate or embassy might have different timeframes so keep this in mind.Los Angeles is about a week I just checked.

Mr Enternational
10-05-15, 01:43
How long do the visa last? 5 or 10 Years? The visa is good for 10 years.

Ibiza007
10-06-15, 22:16
This article gives a good, brief look at how the carnival system works in Rio.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20140228-the-biggest-carnival-to-date

Cheers.

Ibiza.

Exec Talent
10-16-15, 22:34
One way to deal with non-contributors is to put them on ignore that way they will not see your contributions and cannot PM you. There are ways around this but it is at least good first cut.

Ibiza007
10-19-15, 21:01
I wan to provide a link to the new plan being offered by Google. It is pretty new.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-project-fi-review-641204/

Is has international roaming for free and international text messages for free. So it could be a way to cheaply text every girl in Rio for free with a USA phone and not have to buy local chips and sims. The calling rates are really cheap to use your phone to a cell in Brasil.

It just looks easier than dealing with Vivo, TIM, Oi, etc, if you are just there for a few days. I remember when I lived in Rio it was fucking expensive to use a phone, maybe better now.

All the details are on google's site. It is called the google "fi" program, really low cost to use and runs on T-mobile and Sprint, (I think they have both in Rio), so it is both CDMA and GSM in one package.

Maybe as info is learned on this it could develop its own thread as this will be a cost effective way to have a phone in Brasil, and buying data is affordable, which I do not think short term data buys in Brazil are cheap now. For searching this forum from a cafe it will be really cheap if no Wi Fi is freely available. Buying data is super low cost (global data), and they refund what you do not use each month. $10 for a gig, and they refund $5 if you only use 500 mb that month.

I would be curious to see how it compares to even using a local phone, as I remember burning through local pone cards in minutes and even contract plans had shit for minutes and super high priced data rates for the cell network. Anybody living in Rio might look at it and see how it compares.

As we all know, wi fi is free, so no need to compare to Wi Fi, just the pay as you go rates, and local plans.

One catch is you have to have a google 5 x or 6 phone.

Check out the google nexus site for more info. I need to study it more, but even better is to have this group look at it and decide if it is worth a shit for certain situations.

So, I hope this helps. I will use this traveling globally as it looks like a great deal, and super cheap. Google is always up to something good!

Cheers.

Ibiza.

Java Man
10-20-15, 07:09
I wan to provide a link to the new plan being offered by Google. It is pretty new.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-project-fi-review-641204/

Is has international roaming for free and international text messages for free. So it could be a way to cheaply text every girl in Rio for free with a USA phone and not have to buy local chips and sims. The calling rates are really cheap to use your phone to a cell in Brasil.
T-mobile Simple Choice Plan offers unlimited data and text, also 20 cents / minute to call local number. Project Fi also charging 20 cents / minute to call local number. The problem in Brazil with the data is the speed, it's slow. Texting was a little slow too. Brazil's cellular networks can not handle the capacity. Tmobile Simple Choice Plan is also Global. http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/roaming.html?icid=WMD_TM_INTRNTNLVR_N8J6LRGJILD2658.

Ibiza007
10-20-15, 17:45
T-mobile Simple Choice Plan offers unlimited data and text, also 20 cents / minute to call local number. Project Fi also charging 20 cents / minute to call local number. The problem in Brazil with the data is the speed, it's slow. Texting was a little slow too. Brazil's cellular networks can not handle the capacity.

T-mobile Simple Choice Plan is also Global. http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/roaming.html?icid=WMD_TM_INTRNTNLVR_N8J6LRGJILD2658.I thought T. Mobile had a good internation plan, but I am not sure as I have not used it.

Google fi rates (Wi fi calls to land lines and mobile).

Country / Region Rate per minute USD.

Brazil. Belo Horizonte 1 .

Brazil. Landline 1 .

Brazil. Mobile 6 .

Brazil. Rio de Janeiro 1 .

Brazil. Sao Paulo 1 .

(source. Google).

These are the google Wi Fi rates, to land lines and cellular phones in Brazil, should be the same rate if calling via wifi from a cafe in Rio, using Fi.

I do not see SP mobile but I bet it is 6 cents like Rio. I think this is way better than the local rates from Claro, Oi, Tim, Vivo, etc. When you buy pay as you go.

Maybe Skype and Viber are just as cheap to mobiles.

One drawback to google is you need a google phone, at least for now, looks like it will be available on other devices soon. But you can use google Fi on other devices according to their web site. It says ipads etc will work? Probably just the Wi Fi calling, as a phone needs to have both CDMA and GSM radios, so only a few phones have that dual radio with all the bands (Iphone 6 /6 + does).

How do these local calling rates compare to T- Mobile?

It looks like cellular to cellular is 20 cents, but the wi fi rates look good.

Probably similar as Google Fi uses either T mobile or sprint.

I hope this helps, I am just offering it as an idea to maybe save some money and the hassle of having to buy a local chip. Do you need a CPF to get a chip? Probably not anymore. Last time I was in SP, they were selling 5 real chips everywhere on the street.

Does WassApp have direct calling of mobile to mobile (non WiFi) for a fee? I only use the messenger part for free.

The whole Fi thing could be crap, I am just learning about the details. Maybe there are many better options.

Java Man
10-20-15, 21:20
I don't think I've used wifi calling to call a local number when I've been in Rio. I have used wifi calling to call back to the US from Rio and other places. Big difference between Tmobile and Goggle Fi: Tmobile wouldn't charge you.

"And it's super easy to get unlimited talk and text over Wi-Fi. Every time you connect to a Wi-Fi network your phone is ready to go. And the great news: Your phone will automatically connect whenever you're in range. The greater news? You don't have to install an extra app, it'll just work. At no additional cost. For all T-Mobile customers with a Wi-Fi Calling capable device. "

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/wifi-calling-wifi-extenders.html

The big caveat here is the WiFi connection. All good if it's strong. If not, dropped calls, echo when talking and sometimes you can't hear each other. Another thing I noticed, the phone would disconnect from the WiFi signal even if it was strong. Sometimes I had to reboot to reconnect. (This on my Galaxy S4, since upgraded.) I experienced this in other countries too. Lastly, in order to activate wifi calling, (Tmo requirement, don't know about other carriers,) a wifi call has to be made prior to leaving the US.
BTW, there is a "Using Cell phones in Brazil" Thread here.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2833-Using-Cell-Phones-in-Brazil

Ibiza007
10-27-15, 22:18
I don't think I've used wifi calling to call a local number when I've been in Rio. I have used wifi calling to call back to the US from Rio and other places. Big difference between Tmobile and Goggle Fi: Tmobile wouldn't charge you.

"And it's super easy to get unlimited talk and text over Wi-Fi. Every time you connect to a Wi-Fi network your phone is ready to go. And the great news: Your phone will automatically connect whenever you're in range. The greater news? You don't have to install an extra app, it'll just work. At no additional cost. For all T-Mobile customers with a Wi-Fi Calling capable device. "

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/wifi-calling-wifi-extenders.html

The big caveat here is the WiFi connection. All good if it's strong. If not, dropped calls, echo when talking and sometimes you can't hear each other. Another thing I noticed, the phone would disconnect from the WiFi signal even if it was strong. Sometimes I had to reboot to reconnect. (This on my Galaxy S4, since upgraded.) I experienced this in other countries too. Lastly, in order to activate wifi calling, (Tmo requirement, don't know about other carriers,) a wifi call has to be made prior to leaving the US.
BTW, there is a "Using Cell phones in Brazil" Thread here.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2833-Using-Cell-Phones-in-BrazilIf you are not on T mobile already, what is the minimum to use for month, or just to use few days even? Is it a $50 minimum for the service with international data, etc.

Thanks.

Java Man
10-27-15, 23:11
If you are not on T mobile already, what is the minimum to use for month, or just to use few days even? Is it a $50 minimum for the service with international data, etc. Thanks.Yes, $50 bucks a month if you go with the contract. Add about $30 in taxes. They also have a $30 prepaid plan with no data, the $40 prepaid doesn't include international. (Prices are in USD.) For more plan info goto:

https://www.t-mobile.com/

Ibiza007
10-27-15, 23:50
Yes, $50 bucks a month if you go with the contract. Add about $30 in taxes. They also have a $30 prepaid plan with no data, the $40 prepaid doesn't include international. (Prices are in USD.) For more plan info goto:

https://www.t-mobile.com/What is the best rate from your mobile, on wifi connection, to a honey, say on the bus? 20 cents or less a minute? Does T mbl have a plan for less than 20 cents, non wifi.

Skype would be 5-6 cents. The t. Mobile customer service said 20 cents, no special rate for wifi to mobile. Is that correct?

If I want / need to make 300 minutes of calls in 2 weeks from my cell (in Rio), on wifi, to her / any non-wifi mobile, would it cost me $60 (300 x 20 cents) plus my monthly fee ($50)? I could do the same minutes with skype for $15 vs $110.

I would not get the free data and texts without t-mb, just comparing the actual calling.

Thanks, it sounds like you are on T mb, but I am ATT and would need to buy it for one month only.

Thanks.

Ibiza007
10-28-15, 00:04
The t mbl rate for cell to cell (20 cents) , both phones non wifi is good, and handy if no wifi available, that is a benefit of the service, and could be worth the monthly fee just for that feature. Their rate is much better than other US carriers when roaming, for sure.

What are the rates now within network, say Tim to Tim? How about crossing networks, that is expensive, about twice as much or more?

100 reals buys how many minutes?

Thanks.

Rio Bob
10-30-15, 03:17
The t mbl rate for cell to cell (20 cents) , both phones non wifi is good, and handy if no wifi available, that is a benefit of the service, and could be worth the monthly fee just for that feature. Their rate is much better than other US carriers when roaming, for sure.

What are the rates now within network, say Tim to Tim? How about crossing networks, that is expensive, about twice as much or more?

100 reals buys how many minutes?

Thanks.T-mobile, while in Brazil you can make any call to any phone in Brazil for. 20 cents a minute whether on wifi or not it's the same price.

If you live in the states and you are in Brazil for a holiday you can call home for. 20 cents a minute non-Wifi or free on Wifi.

I just used it and called many numbers in Rio and reception was perfect, calling home whether wifi or not was perfect also.

I have an Iphone and used WhatsApp thru tmobile all the time as well as texting back to the states via wifi.

I'm very happy with this T-mobile feature, comes in very handy when travelling.

Also data and text are free at 3G while in Brazil.

Ibiza007
11-03-15, 01:32
T-mobile, while in Brazil you can make any call to any phone in Brazil for. 20 cents a minute whether on wifi or not it's the same price.

If you live in the states and you are in Brazil for a holiday you can call home for. 20 cents a minute non-Wifi or free on Wifi.

I just used it and called many numbers in Rio and reception was perfect, calling home whether wifi or not was perfect also.

I have an Iphone and used WhatsApp thru tmobile all the time as well as texting back to the states via wifi.

I'm very happy with this T-mobile feature, comes in very handy when travelling.

Also data and text are free at 3G while in Brazil.Thanks for the info. I will use both T mobile and the google fi and see how it shakes out.

Obrigado.

Koolkid
11-03-15, 08:37
How easy is it now to buy a 'Pay as you go' SIM card for my phone? When I was.
in Brazil last, I think a brazilian had to buy one for me, and show a utility bill for ID or somthing?
Is this still the case?

Is there a shop in Copa that I can go to, to get one?

Thanks for help.

Sperto
11-03-15, 11:10
How easy is it now to buy a 'Pay as you go' SIM card for my phone? When I was.
in Brazil last, I think a brazilian had to buy one for me, and show a utility bill for ID or somthing?
Is this still the case?

Is there a shop in Copa that I can go to, to get one?

Thanks for help.Actually there is a cell phone thread. You'll find the information you're looking for in the thread "Using Cell Phones in Brazil".

Koolkid
11-03-15, 16:51
Thanks Sperto.

Actually there is a cell phone thread. You'll find the information you're looking for in the thread "Using Cell Phones in Brazil".

Sperto
11-10-15, 13:14
An example of an absurd price increase:
Correios, Brazil Post, increases their prices.

E.g sending a parcel 20 kg from Brazil to Europe using Mercadoria Econômica, which is the cheapest option.
Price:
-2007 (?): R$58
2007-2013: R$296
2014: R$419
2015: R$541

Sperto
11-10-15, 18:04
Today Daniela Cicarelli won the contest, Miss Bumbum Brasil 2015.
http://odia.ig.com.br/diversao/celebridades/2015-11-10/sosia-de-daniela-cicarelli-vence-miss-bumbum-brasil-2015.html
http://missbumbumbrasil.com.br

Exec Talent
11-10-15, 19:30
http://odia.ig.com.br/diversao/celebridades/2015-11-10/sosia-de-daniela-cicarelli-vence-miss-bumbum-brasil-2015.html
http://missbumbumbrasil.com.brDid a search to make sure the "woman" in the video, Juliana Isen, was not a transvestite. The squaring of the jawline, deepening of the voice is what happens when these women overdo the steroids.

Ibiza007
11-10-15, 19:54
http://missbumbumbrasil.com.brHi Sperto.

Isn't Daniela Cicarelli the past host of a TV show? The show was like an MTV show with frog costumes and a dating game for kisses. She even has a beer bottle named after her, because of her big mouth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniella_Cicarelli

I think they are saying the winners ass looks like Cicarelli. Maybe I am reading it incorrect, But Cicarelli is no spring chicken these days.

Here is a link to google photos of her, she is now 36.
No link, it just put her name in google images and hundreds of nice fotos of her there. She is 5'10. super cute.

"Daniela Cicarelli look-alike Butt wins Miss Brazil 2015". from site

Cheers.

Sperto
11-10-15, 20:54
I think they are saying the winners ass looks like Cicarelli. Maybe I am reading it incorrect, But Cicarelli is no spring chicken these days.You're right. The winners name is Suzy Cortez. I just payed attention to the steroid-asses, not the article.

Ibiza007
11-11-15, 01:18
You're right. The winners name is Suzy Cortez. I just payed attention to the steroid-asses, not the article.The asses are amazing! Thanks for the link.

Cheers.

SlutLuster
11-20-15, 01:29
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is a Prive and how does it work?

I've seen the term in some of the trip reports and have not heard it before.

I mongered for a while in the early 2000 nds and am looking to take it up again.

Thanks!

Sperto
11-20-15, 10:37
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is a Prive and how does it work?
I've seen the term in some of the trip reports and have not heard it before.Privê is an anonymous brothel without any signs. When you arrive, normally a "receptionist" leads you to a waiting room (or a cabin) and tell their prices. The girls comes by one by one, present themselves, answer your questions about what they do or don't. Now it's the time to make a quick interview. Does she do BBBJ, CIM, anal and if possible check out her body closer.

When the presentation is over the receptionist comes back and ask you if you want any of the girls. You tell her which girl you want. Payment can be in advance or afterwards. You take a shower, sometimes in the room, sometimes in the hall and sometimes there are no showers to use.

Then the girl arrive in the room/cabin and you session. When the time is finished they let you know. You shower again and leave.

There are the upscale privées like Belprazer, Dudas, Massagem Tijuca with many girls and good comfort. Those are expensive. The customers are usually businessmen.
Then you have the middlescale privées with fewer girls. Often with shower outside the room/cabin. Decent prices.
Lastly you have the cheap lowscale privées, like U22, Carioca 59 etc. Very simple cabins with walls that doesn't reach the ceiling and no showers for the customers. The average customer is the local guy with a small wallet.

The more you pay the better comfort you get, but not necessarily better quality of the girls. The cheaper privées can have gems.

Good luck!

Exec Talent
11-20-15, 16:32
To all my many Brazilian friends, Happy Zumbi dos Palmares day.

And, for those sucking on the government teat, either now or collecting that generous pension, a belated Happy DIA do Servidor Público.

For those of you planning your Rio excursion and worried that your favorite haunt might be closed, here is site with a list of holidays.

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/brazil/

Sperto
11-21-15, 21:34
Wouldn't it be fun of we had a Hall of Fame with old Rio characters?

The guys at the ho-beach had a lot of odd characters.
Fiscal da Natureza, the slippery guy who sold sun protection to the GPs and passed the days passing sun oil on GP-bundasAssistente, Fiscal da Naturezas assistente. Came to the beach every day at 7.30 building a perfect sand pyramid to the Fiscal da Natureza to put his products on.
Balls guy, the fat old beer vendor with the huge balls.
Paulinho, the beer vendor, with something that looked like a bullet wound next to his belly button.
Weird Italiano, the old fat Italiano who always spent the whole day at the beach. Always on the exact same spot. He had Balls guy to mark his spot every morning with his specially made beach bed with a sun roof.
The bearded photographer. The old guy at the beach taking photo of gringo's and GP's on ho-beach. Probably the most lousy photographer ever born, but he made a show out of taking his pictures.
The Crazy dog, the black and white totally crazy dove-chasing dog running around on ho-each barking and scaring everybody.
The Chiclete lady. The old toothless lady selling chewing gum outside Help. Always standing at the entrance of Help trying to sell expensive chiclete to gringo's.

And the mongers..
The Colonel. An old brit living in Rio. Always sitting outside Help telling fake stories and being very proud of not setting his feet on the beach for at least 10 years.
Bob, the American guy struggling with his business on Rua Xavier da Silveira. Slippery American always looking like a living dead.
O Professor, an old thin haired Swedish guy giving language lessons at Meia Pataca. Always broke and with a weakness that got him beaten up more than once.
The Sheep, the old Italian guy with colored black hair and white shirts, hanging outside Help. Exactly looking an old sad sheep. Sometimes armed with a revolver.
The Hunchback, an old very fat bearded American guy with a deformed neck and a weird neckless hanging outside Help.
Fat Charlie Chaplin, another old fat guy hanging on ho-beach smoking cigars. His belly was the size of a planet. He probably paid well as he always left with new girls.

The list could go on forever.

Haven123
11-21-15, 23:39

The list could go on forever...Probably! But I suspect the GP's would want add one Sperto to the list. . LOL.

Ibiza007
11-22-15, 00:55

Fiscal da Natureza, the slippery guy who sold sunprotection to the GPs and passed the days passing sun oil on GP-bundas
Assistente, Fiscal da Naturezas assistente. Came to the beach every day at 7.30 building a perfect sand pyramid to the Fiscal da Natureza to put his products on.
Balls guy, the fat old beer vendor with the huge balls.
Paulinho, the beer vendor, with something that looked like a bullet wound next to his belly button.
Weird Italiano, the old fat Italiano who always spent the whole day at the beach. Always on the exact same spot. He had Balls guy to mark his spot every morning with his specially made beach bed with a sun roof.
The bearded photographer. The old guy at the beach taking photo of gringo's and GP's on ho-beach. Probably the most lousy photographer ever born, but he made a show out of taking his pictures.
The Crazy dog, the black and white totally crazy dove-chasing dog running around on ho-each barking and scaring everybody.
The Chiclete lady. The old toothless lady selling chewing gum outside Help. Always standing at the entrance of Help trying to sell expensive chiclete to gringo's.

The list could go on forever...Anybody remember Louis, who worked for Washington, he could spot you across the street and have your chair, umbrella and skol ready before you crossed over Ave Atlantica. I remember that dog too, I was so amazed he lived crossing Ave Atlantica every day. And the guy selling the belly bags with the oversized zippers that he bought in centro and simply doubled the price. Anybody remember a skinny blond inside Help, she was always with the high rollers, the bottle guys, a real pros pro. I never knew her name, but she was always busy.

There was a little white girl at ho beach every day, she was tanned almost black. I wonder if her skin looks and feels like a catchers mitt these days.

It was heaven. Helpeee was an amazing place full of old Italians with bad rugs.

Thanks for the memories Sperto.

BeenBob
11-22-15, 02:00
Bob, the American guy struggling with his business on Rua Xavier da Silveira. Slippery American always looking like a living dead.Its a shame what happened to Bobby. I hope his establishment makes a full recovery.

Rio Bob
11-22-15, 04:38

Fiscal da Natureza, the slippery guy who sold sunprotection to the GPs and passed the days passing sun oil on GP-bundas
Assistente, Fiscal da Naturezas assistente.

The list could go on forever...I remember Fiscal, he also used to water the girls down to keep them cool and apply that white paste to die their hair, I have some videos of him somewhere and a pic of the old Chiclette lady.

I also knew the Professor, spoke to him a few years back but don't see him anymore. There was also a guy name Jefferson who found out about Rio during a car race from Ohio to Argentina, he lived in Rio and drove like a purple Volkswagen bug, he had a friend called Video Bob who always walked around with a video camera on the beach and in Help during Carnaval, you mentioned him before plus he had a friend Bob Wilson who was like crippled and had a Christmas tree in his apartment because he said everyday was Christmas in Rio.

There was a group of guys called the Carioca Brothers bunch of guys from DC and elsewhere, one guy was a doctor and married, he wouldn't tell his wife ahead of time he was going to Rio until he got to the airport then he would call her and get on the plane.

There were a bunch of characters at Meia Pataca back in the day that a lot of them have passed now, such a shame.

I knew Bobby from Blame it on Rio for close to 20 years now, he tried starting several different businesses through the years one was trying to sell Pretzels to the Cariocas and he got the name Pretzel Bobby. A friend of mine recently went to his latest wedding but I heard he went back to the states to Miami but will be back by Christmas, What happen to him? Health, business down?

Sperto
11-22-15, 09:13
... he had a friend called Video Bob who always walked around with a video camera on the beach and in Help during Carnaval, you mentioned him before...In the beginning of the nineties I filmed many hours in the Carnival Balls. Baile Vermelho e Preto (Flamengo) at Scala, Baile das Panteras at Monte Libano and Baile de Adão e Eva at Help. Tons of naked titties, bundas and pink flesh. I also filmed quite a lot on ho-beach. Back then videocameras was quite a novelty so the girls posed very happily. No risk of somebody putting them on social networks.

Wherever I went filming I always saw Video-Bob around, filming with exactly the same Sony Camcorder as I had. He mentioned he made Carnival films which he sold on VHS. Maybe some of his films can be found on the internet?

Mr Enternational
11-22-15, 09:18

Balls guy, the fat old beer vendor with the huge balls.Don't know what was bigger, his balls or his belly.

The bearded photographer. The old guy at the beach taking photo of gringo's and GP's on ho-beach. Probably the most lousy photographer ever born, but he made a show out of taking his pictures.He also took pictures in front of Help. They stopped selling Polaroid film in Brazil so he would always have me or my buddy bring it for him from the States.

The Chiclete lady. The old toothless lady selling chewing gum outside Help. Always standing at the entrance of Help trying to sell expensive chiclete to gringo's.Damn lady tried to get me to take her with me last December when I was in Bal-Co-Nee.

Bob, the American guy struggling with his business on Rua Xavier da Silveira. Slippery American always looking like a living dead.Joker went from tour agency to laundromat. I guess the pretzels were before my time.

Need to add a buddy of mine to the list. He would bring 800 outfits and change clothes 3 times a day to be around hookers. He also had them keep his personal bottle of hot sauce in the kitchen at Meia Pataca.

Damn Copacabana. That was the shit.

A buddy of mine is making his maiden trip tomorrow night. One of his friends hooked him up with some chick that was supposed to meet him at the airport. She also said she could get him an apartment, but told him he would have to Western Union the money, $300, beforehand. Good thing he is a seasoned traveler. He told her that he would just take his chances and wait until he got there. So he is going down with no Portuguese and no place to stay. My man. Here is a picture of the girl.

Rio Bob
11-22-15, 13:39
Wherever I went filming I always saw Video-Bob around, filming with exactly the same Sony Camcorder as I had. He mentioned he made Carnival films which he sold on VHS. Maybe some of his films can be found on the internet?Yes he sold those VHS tapes, he made about 2 every year and made enough money each year to fund all his trips to Brazil. I knew him well and I have most of his tapes, I had them on youtube few years back but they require so much editing because of the nudity. He was a very interesting character, passed away in 2012 at 79 but up to that point was still going strong in Rio going to centro everyday visiting the prives with his possy.

Eric Cartman
11-22-15, 14:28
An ex GDP from a high-end Termas here, who is approaching the Wall (30), just took a job as a receptionist at a salon where she makes about are $850/ month for 8 hours of work 5. 5 days per week.

Do the math on that next time you think about overpaying girls here "because you can afford it. ".

Oh yeah, the money above is before tax but doesn't include Vale Tranporte. She doesn't get health insurance or Vale Refeicao.

-Cartman.

Carrib
11-22-15, 14:35
Thanks Sperto and Mr Ent.

I heard from sources that Paulinho passed away recently. I will be back in Rio in ten days after a two year hiatus, AA had theses crazy fares ($443 round trip) that I couldn't pass up.

Bobby recently sent this mass email asking for $25,0000 from all his friends and clients, heard he was robbed at gunpoint last year and the thieves took at least 40,000 Reais from his store.

The Cane
11-22-15, 14:47
Bobby recently sent this mass email asking for $25,0000 from all his friends and clients, heard he was robbed at gunpoint last year and the thieves took at least 40,000 Reais from his store.I got that e-mail (didn't send any money). Apparently he got robbed twice. Question I had is what the hell did he have that much money laying around in his store for anyway? And you'd think he would learn a lesson after being hit the first time. According to his e-mail, if he didn't get the money he was asking for, then he would have to go out of business like after 15 years or something like that.

Rio Bob
11-22-15, 18:09
Bobby recently sent this mass email asking for $25,0000 from all his friends and clients, heard he was robbed at gunpoint last year and the thieves took at least 40,000 Reais from his store.Glad I'm not on his mailig list anymore, this is typical Bobby, I got one of these emails over 15 years ago from him telling me how much he had helped me in the past making hotel reservations and now he needed my help. What a joke!

BeenBob
11-22-15, 18:46
Here is the youtube video link for those who want to know about the situation. I think its quite sad. Never done any business with Bobby but I did find him conveniently resourceful a time or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wE6QLFx4SY

Sperto
11-23-15, 08:37
A shame that Blame It On Rio got robbed. Most Casa de cambios seems to have quite good security with a closed secure area where they stack the money, at least one armed guard and probably alarm buttons. Maybe Bobby lacked in security? Then he should blame it on himself (and not on Rio).

Being a gringo in Rio, who does business involving large amounts of money, means that you easily becomes a target. Balcony David also got robbed and lost way more than Bobby lost.

Sperto
11-23-15, 17:41
Nice Picture. Great Arse. Que culo mas grande. Temptating.During the middle ages some of the royal courts had court jesters. They were short guys in funny costumes and hats with small bells. Their job was to entertain, perform in comic styles and make funny jokes and songs. I.e, as soon as somebody post a photo the court jester shows up with a comment in misspelled Portuñol.
Keep up the good work, UpCountry.

Rio Bob
11-28-15, 22:29
Looks like for the Olympics they are going to waive the visa for some countries. Which is just as well because in order to get a Visa now in New York the next available date for an appointment is January 12 and it takes 1 week after that to process the paperwork. I recently got visas for some travel partners and first I sent everything to a VISA service called CIBT, they knew my travel dates but never informed me that they will have my visas 1 week after my trip is supposed to start. I found this out myself by checking the status online. Then they sent me all my paperwork back and I made my own appointment where I would have received the visas 3 days before departure which is not so bad but they say processing times can vary. Then I checked everyday to see if there were any cancellations and I got one I noticed on a Friday for the next week, I quickly re-did all the paperwork and made another appointment and got the visas in one week. Plan accordingly!

http://www2.anba.com.br/noticia/21869706/sports/rousseff-sanctions-visa-waiver-law/

ForceSteeler
11-28-15, 23:58
Looks like for the Olympics they are going to waive the visa for some countries. Which is just as well because in order to get a Visa now in New York the next available date for an appointment is January 12 and it takes 1 week after that to process the paperwork. I recently got visas for some travel partners and first I sent everything to a VISA service called CIBT, they knew my travel dates but never informed me that they will have my visas 1 week after my trip is supposed to start. I found this out myself by checking the status online. Then they sent me all my paperwork back and I made my own appointment where I would have received the visas 3 days before departure which is not so bad but they say processing times can vary. Then I checked everyday to see if there were any cancellations and I got one I noticed on a Friday for the next week, I quickly re-did all the paperwork and made another appointment and got the visas in one week. Plan accordingly!

http://www2.anba.com.br/noticia/21869706/sports/rousseff-sanctions-visa-waiver-law/Well it makes sense especially if they want alot of tourist. The whole paying $160 for a visa will deter anybody, I almost did not want to get my visa because the whole hassle of paying $160 for a stupid visa, Its only because I get the best pornstar experience Sex in Brazil, If these Brazilian women were like DR chicks in bed, I would never visit Brazil ever again if I had to pay a visa fee.

AltoBomGosto
11-29-15, 11:07
TurCambio.

New exchange brooker near av. Paulista:

Deivês Ribeiro.

Tur Cambio.

Rua Itapeva, 538 – 11 o. Andar.

CEP 01332-000 São Paulo / SP.

Fone: (11) 3198.1080.

Fone: (11) 99952-9289.

Assistant
11-29-15, 15:22
[Commercial Message deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted because it appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. Please post reports consisting primarily of a commercial nature and/or reports with links to commercial websites in the Classified Advertisement section of the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

Koolkid
12-01-15, 14:38
Hi.

I've just realised that I am arriving on Sat 26th March. Will the whole
of Rio be on shut down for this weekend holiday? And is it just the Friday.
and Sunday?

Thanks.

K Constant
12-02-15, 07:37
A buddy of mine is making his maiden trip tomorrow night. One of his friends hooked him up with some chick that was supposed to meet him at the airport. She also said she could get him an apartment, but told him he would have to Western Union the money, $300, beforehand. Good thing he is a seasoned traveler. He told her that he would just take his chances and wait until he got there. So he is going down with no Portuguese and no place to stay. My man. Here is a picture of the girl.We did WU to prepay our apartments in Rio. The broker was a Brazilian chick, a friend of a guy we knew from Sosua and Medellin. WU for apartment rental is a red flag, and WU warns against it on their website. I googled it and found that it wasn't uncommon for Rio. I wasn't the first person who was uneasy about sending my cash into a black box. We pulled the trigger and sent about $250 each as a prepay for two apartments on Avenida Atlantica and Miguel Lemos.

We arrived in Rio. Our apartments were ready and just as advertised. Feel free to PM me for the contact.

Mr Enternational
12-02-15, 08:38
We did WU to prepay our apartments in Rio. The broker was a Brazilian chick, a friend of a guy we knew from Sosua and Medellin. WU for apartment rental is a red flag, and WU warns against it on their website. I googled it and found that it wasn't uncommon for Rio.That is funny. I wonder if the guy in Sosua is the same guy that hooked my buddy up with the girl. I originally met my boy in Sosua because we were both dealing with two girls who were sisters. Get back home and go to the barber shop and just so happen that he and I go to the same damn barber shop. Small world. He did end up meeting up with the girl and getting a 2 BR apartment from her on Av. Atlantica for $70.

Sperto
12-04-15, 23:03
Lets say 10 years ago, before Brazil became expensive and the forum turned into take-without-sharing forum with just sex-stories about mongers who smokes d*pe, get their ass licked and gave multiple orgasms to GPs. Before that the forum used to be really good.
One good discussion was what to give as gifts to the girls. Not just gifts to be kind, but also gifts for exchange for sex.

Chocolate still works. No Brazilian girl can resist some good European chocolate.
Perfumes, yes. At least in Europe they could be bought for much less than in Brazil.
Silver piercings used to be equal to a f*ck, but that's history.
Cellular phones, no. They want the latest models which are expensive.
Victoria Secrets underwear. Maybe.
Victoria Secrets lotions. Yes.
Digital cameras, a bit too expensive.

I usually bring chocolates. Sometimes they finish earlier than planned, after a wet night out partying. Then it's good to have a reserve, a bunch of small gifts that takes up no space, like necklaces with hearts made of cristals (can be bought for 50 centavos in Brazil).

Somebody else happy to sharing gifts ideas? Christmas is close.

Eric Cartman
12-05-15, 01:31
Lets say 10 years ago, before Brazil became expensive and the forum turned into take-without-sharing forum with just sex-stories about mongers who smokes d*pe, get their ass licked and gave multiple orgasms to GPs. Before that the forum used to be really good.
One good discussion was what to give as gifts to the girls. Not just gifts to be kind, but also gifts for exchange for sex.

Chocolate still works. No Brazilian girl can resist some good European chocolate.
Perfumes, yes. At least in Europe they could be bought for much less than in Brazil.

I usually bring chocolates. Sometimes they finish earlier than planned, after a wet night out partying. Then it's good to have a reserve, a bunch of small gifts that takes up no space, like necklaces with hearts made of cristals (can be bought for 50 centavos in Brazil).

Somebody else happy to sharing gifts ideas? Christmas is close.Sperto, I still always pick up the following when I am in the USA and (except for VS) out of Brazil at duty-free in other countries:

1) Victoria's Secret.

- panties (usually V-strings or thongs), usually the 5 for $30 type deals they run.

- cremes (both the bottles and the ones that look like large toothpaste tubes) -- the Vanilla one is a classic, and the richer scented ones like Love Potion are loved by the girls.

- occasionally for girls I really like, a nice bra to match the panties.

- extra gift bags and gift paper -- if you ask nice they give you these at the counter.

- free duffel bag, usually if you buy like $120 USD they give you some free bag, which I regift to the girls.

2) Amazon sex toys.

- jeweled butt plug that costs like $7 USD: http://amzn.com/B00B2XTM1C - so cheap and amazing. Make them wear it under the panties when they try on the panties.

- for girls I really like and who I know are nasty, NYMPH (as praises sung by Vagabundo), it costs $29 USD.

3) Memory card (SSD) for their phones -- buying micro-SSD cards for Samsung phones etc in Brazil is CRAZY expensive vs USA.

- I usually buy a nice jewelry gift box with a ribbon, and put the card in it. They think I'm going to propose, it's hilarious (I say I want to give them this because they are very special to me etc).

4) Wine.

- Most brazilian chicks love wine, even though they don't really know a damn thing about it.

- you can find some nice bottles that don't exist in Brazil -- like good California red zin, or cab, or 20 year tawny port, or 30 year sherry, and make a night of it.

- works with Liquores too (like Grand Marnier, Amarula) or even Tequila.

5) Make up -- all chicks usually have some brand of trendy makeup that costs way too much or you can't find in Brazil. Like a palette from MAC.

- I usually ask the chick if she has something she wants, then I buy it on Amazon or buy it at duty free.

6) Confirm perfumes still work -- often I take pictures of the selection at duty free and ask them what they like.

- there is some weird brazilian superstition about if you buy perfume for a girl it means your "relationship" will end. 50% bring this up and I tell them it only applies when both people are Brazilian.

Generally you can make a nice little "gift bag" putting the above items into the VS bag.

As BubbaBoy used to say, the half-life of a gift is about 24-36 hours -- they'll thank you "extra" for about that long, and then it's forgotten. So I tend to give stuff that I like (see butt plug and panties) and that helps me (see wine).

I've bought more expensive stuff in the past and it's a waste.

PS if you are passing through China and get get some high quality counterfit handbags, those are great too - but ask the girl what brand/type she wants first, and then you really have to know what to look for in the fake one to make sure you're not getting screwed on price or quality

Good luck to ya!

-Cartman.

HungryStud101
12-05-15, 05:33
Ouch! I got my ass licked for the first time ever and I share this with the community and I am crucified for writing about it on the forum? I fucked myself silly before returning to my own personal hell in suburbia! A hell I created for myself prior to my knowledge of Brasil, Montreal, FKK Land, etc. Etc. And the joy money can buy outside the USA. But I digress.

To expand this to more than just the GDPs I would say the following: I bring over electronics. Inexpensive tablets and cameras I have given away 4 years ago are in constant use and treasured here. I brought over head lamps for my friends last visit. The lights were inexpensive but really good quality products that I discovered. I bought them on Amazon prime for a deeply discounted price and they were very popular (my friends are sportsmen). I also brought DVDs of country and rock music. I also sent the girls inexpensive charm braclets that were quite popular the past few years in the USA. Are you familiar with the bracelts and lockets that look like they have a watch crystal? They call them Oragami Owls. https://www.origamiowl.com/. They are really not that expensive and it has been a craze here. I put some sets together for some of the non-GDP woman I know and they really seemed to love them and now I can send them a charm or two. I tried movies and that was not a very big hit. Even though my friend Gus speak English very well he had a vary hard time following the movies. Gus went out and rented some of the DVDs that were translated in Porto and like the movies. I also always bring team gear from my favorite MLB and NFL NCAA teams. They always want to give me shirts from their favorite Futebol time or escola de samba so I will give back in return hats and T-shirts and game Jerseys.

Another thing about Brasil. And something that I like. Is that cleanliness and fragrance are very important. The freshness and hygiene of the Brasileiras GDPs I have met here is above reproach. They value perfume. I've bought some purfumes in duty free that I saw some trendy girls from France buying. This was a hit.

Junior
12-05-15, 07:48
.Lighten up. The forum is still a good source of info.

As for gifts you are correct. Chocolate and perfumes always hit the spot, so to speak.

Sperto
12-05-15, 08:44
Sperto, I still always pick up the following when I am in the USA and (except for VS) out of Brazil at duty-free in other countries:.... Thanks, Eric. Many good suggestions for gifts. Great!

Chocolates, perfumes, lotions, make-up, underwear are all excellent and takes up little space in the bags.
Micro-SSD cards is a very good idea! Thanks.

I had dozens of mini-skirts for the beach that were very popular in Europe in the late nineties. They cost me about USD1 each. The Brazilian girls loved them.

I skip sex-toys and buttplugs. I rather see the girls playing with my dick than stuffing up plastic toys in their holes.

Yes, wines are excellent. It's very true that they like wine even though they have zero knowledge about wines. Even the toughest favelada from Jacarezinho feels sophisticated when she drink wine and eat some blue cheese. As I can bring 2x32 kg when going to Brazil I usually fill up the bags with wine bottles.

Mangera
12-06-15, 16:56

Somebody else happy to sharing gifts ideas? Christmas is close.Totally agree with your first paragraph.

Eric Cartman
12-08-15, 01:06
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avanafil

Anyone use this, or have luck finding it for sale in Brazil?

Exec Talent
12-08-15, 01:30
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avanafil

Anyone use this, or have luck finding it for sale in Brazil?The Brazilian women I hang with would kick me to the curb if they even suspected I was using Erectile Dysfunction (ED) drugs.

They think if they can't get you and keep you hard, you need to be with someone who can.

When Bob Dole was hawking Viagra all that came to mind was Elizabeth gave a lousy blowjob.

This site might be more helpful for the Portuguese impaired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avanafil

The big advantage of Avanafil over other ED drugs seems to be the 15 minutes it takes to produce results.

Eric Cartman
12-09-15, 01:58
This site might be more helpful for the Portuguese impaired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avanafil

The big advantage of Avanafil over other ED drugs seems to be the 15 minutes it takes to produce results.Thanks. I cited to Portuguese site in case people had seen it in Brazil. But the English entry has more info. Besides acting faster, it is reported to have fewer side effects like headaches and redness of face.

If anyone has used it -- or even better, found it in Brazil -- I'd appreciate a heads up.

HungryStud101
12-09-15, 04:52
The Brazilian women I hang with would kick me to the curb if they even suspected I was using Erectile Dysfunction (ED) drugs.

They think if they can't get you and keep you hard, you need to be with someone who can.

The big advantage of Avanafil over other ED drugs seems to be the 15 minutes it takes to produce results.You know I had a 3 sum with two young girls Corumba and they suspected me of "juicing. " They told my friend this like this was a bad thing. They really acted strange. I didn't care that one had fake tits. I don't get it?

Ricker
12-09-15, 11:28
The Brazilian women I hang with would kick me to the curb if they even suspected I was using Erectile Dysfunction (ED) drugs.

They think if they can't get you and keep you hard, you need to be with someone who can...That's funny, my Brasileira girlfriend and I are very active, and she even offers to supply me if needed.

👍

Exec Talent
12-09-15, 18:02
That's funny, my Brasileira girlfriend and I are very active, and she even offers to supply me if needed.The Brazilians have a term for those kinds of relationships. Banca.

Ricker
12-10-15, 17:00
The Brazilians have a term for those kinds of relationships. Banca.They also have another term for the relationship. Maravilhosa. 😄

PatmarBeleza1
12-13-15, 20:24
Exercise is the best remedy, especially swimming. Finding a decent swimming pool in Rio can be hard. I have one in my apartment complex, but it is small. 30 minutes is about 400 laps. Clube de Botafogo has a nice pool, but requires some kind of doctor's note. Clube de Flamengo has a nice one in Leblon. It's about 150 r a month for a socio membership.

The Nymph vibe is a great toy, not a replacement for dick so much as a replacement for my tongue when she is giving me head. The girls love that thing. The nymph is a great call by master Jedi monger Cartman. The key is that it's so cheap (29 dollars on amazon), that it's pretty much disposable, yet much more durable than the Brazilian sex toys which break quickly with any kind of use.

Thanks. I cited to Portuguese site in case people had seen it in Brazil. But the English entry has more info. Besides acting faster, it is reported to have fewer side effects like headaches and redness of face.

If anyone has used it -- or even better, found it in Brazil -- I'd appreciate a heads up.

Sperto
12-13-15, 23:30
I just cleaned out my inbox.
Shockingly, 20% of the PMs from members who post regularly on the forum and the rest from members who never contributed anything on the Brazil forum, asking for privê-lists.
I learnt my lesson, sharing addresses openly in the forum is bad idea. Giving out addresses by PMs is also a bad ideia as only 10% gives something back.
Lurkers!

Thanks god, in 48 hours I'll be back in Rio and will be able to study the current privê-scene. Reading through all the posts with misinformation, it's difficult to pick up new info.
Feliz Natal!

Ibiza007
12-14-15, 18:20
I just cleaned out my inbox.
Chockingly, 20% of the PMs from members who post regulary on the forum and the rest from members who never contributed anything on the Brazil forum, asking for priv-lists.
I learnt my lesson, sharing addresses openly in the forum is bad ideia. Giving out addresses by PMs is also a bad ideia as only 10% gives something back.
Lurkers!

Thanks god, in 48 hours I'll be back in Rio and will be able to study the current priv-scene. Reading through all the posts with misinformation, it's difficult to pick up new info.
Feliz Natal!Hi Sperto,

I think you are one of the best in the Rio scene. As you said there are about 5 people that really put up good info.

When I lived in Botafogo for about 4 months there were little one and two girl prives there, as well as in Gloria, etc. It seems like these little shops are almost never mentioned, but I do think they are there. The info usually came from GPguia.net (which appears to be working again from the US). I know you are excellent at finding these great little casas. They are difficult to find and often require a lot of hit and miss. I am guessing there are even a few in Copa that this board does not know about.

As much as we gringos think we know Rio, the Cariocas that live there know 5 times more.

Q: What happened to the beach kiosk scene? In front of the old ho beach was the little kiosk where you could either sit and wait to be propositioned or walk by and see who was there waiting to proposition you. With the new kiosks did that game go away? Not that the quality was great but it was a fun part of the game.

It also seems like there are tons more Copa independents on hotside.com.br than ever before. Many ads are promoting privates in Copa, and that was not always the case before. Some look quite nice.

Have fun exploring.

I look forward to hearing what you are are up to and how your adventures go.

Exec Talent
12-14-15, 19:43
As much as we gringos think we know Rio, the Cariocas that live there know 5 times more.Those of us who live among Brazilians know which girls in the neighborhoods are GDPs. Very few people, however, are going to get that information (or be told how we got it in the first place) and it is not something conveyed publicly. WhatsApp has taken Brazil by storm. Reminds me of the Orkut days. For many non-pros and definitely these closet GDPs, it is their primary means of communication. Be sure to install and test the app before you get to Brazil.

Mr Enternational
12-14-15, 20:30
WhatsApp has taken Brazil by storm. Reminds me of the Orkut days. For many non-pros and definitely these closet GDPs, it is their primary means of communication. Be sure to install and test the app before you get to Brazil.It is my primary means of communication too. My mom and dad even know that is the best way to contact me and send me a whatsapp instead of calling leaving voice messages - although you can voice message on whatsapp too.

Ibiza007
12-14-15, 23:57
Those of us who live among Brazilians know which girls in the neighborhoods are GDPs. Very few people, however, are going to get that information (or be told how we got it in the first place) and it is not something conveyed publicly. WhatsApp has taken Brazil by storm. Reminds me of the Orkut days. For many non-pros and definitely these closet GDPs, it is their primary means of communication. Be sure to install and test the app before you get to Brazil.You are so right. People living there know so much and they do not need to share with the world. My good friend is a Carioca and he never ventured much into the hobby until about 10 years ago. He lives in Tijuca and works for the government. He now knows places that he learned from his friends and work associates. There are a few that I have never seen listed anywhere, and I promised not to share them.

The point is, local guys (Cariocas and long term ex-pats) have info they just do not need to share. But, the good news is there are plenty of known places and many more to be explored. The info changes often, as Copa had many tiny Casas, as well as even in Leme, and now it seems only a few places in Copa get mentioned. Times change.

When I lived with him in Tijuca there were some small dives right near his house, near the shopping center Tijuca, that were way off the radar. Mostly 2 girl shops. I guess the point is, just keep asking and hunting for the ones of the grid.

Feliz Natal.

Exec Talent
01-05-16, 04:04
I did provide Francis7854 with some information via PM.

Members do need to be aware that leading up to the Olympics there will probably be some journalists showing up here looking for information. It has happened before, will happen again and maybe already has. Journalists are not too bright, unethical and notoriously lazy. They chose journalism as a major because they erroneously thought it would help them score girls, not because it ever would lead to meaningful employment or they knew how to research and write.

Keep this in mind in case you are not inclined to have your information show up (without your permission) on the internet.

Ibiza007
01-08-16, 02:01
The economy sucks, crime is getting worse, the real sucks (great for foreign investors), interest rates are going through the roof. What is holding property values up? Foreign buyers and the Olympics? Oil $33. Commodities stink, no exports hardly. Offshore rigs are cancelled for lack of money. 10 billion for the Olympics. The list goes on.

50 million Brasilians have been lifted out of poverty, yep, they now make over $R760 reals per month so they are no longer poor, ye haww. Try feeding a family of four on that.

I want to buy some land but I will wait for the 50% correction to come.

Any thoughts. Post Olympics?

Real inflation is over 10%. Not Govt inflation numbers.

What is holding the values up?

ForceSteeler
01-08-16, 02:28
The economy sucks, crime is getting worse, the real sucks (great for foreign investors), interest rates are going through the roof. What is holding property values up? Foreign buyers and the Olympics? Oil $33. Commodities stink, no exports hardly. Offshore rigs are cancelled for lack of money. 10 billion for the Olympics. The list goes on.

50 million Brasilians have been lifted out of poverty, yep, they now make over $R760 reals per month so they are no longer poor, ye haww. Try feeding a family of four on that.

What is holding the values up?If your going to buy land wait until after the Olympics. The Real will be 6 to 1 maybe even 7 to 1. Brazil is in huge massive debt, and they don't produce nothing. All they had was oil which is pennies now with the slowdown on chinca.

FuckAfMedDig
01-08-16, 09:55
If your going to buy land wait until after the Olympics. The Real will be 6 to 1 maybe even 7 to 1. Brazil is in huge massive debt, and they don't produce nothing. All they had was oil which is pennies now with the slowdown on chinca.Correct! Whats holding prices up is fake hype-the property prices were inflated by 130-150% in Rio that even a drop would still keep prices way inflated.

Once olympics have passed and the population once again are paying the bill and with the world fear of investing in Brazil and China's problems-Brazil could return to the dark ages economically.

Great for me! As all the ex-pats are heading back to Europe, Ill be there buying my apartment by the beach in Rio.

A duplex penthouse with 2 bedrooms I saw at 600.000 euros in 2014 is now 375.000 euros and falling- One block from Copa.

FuckAfMedDig
01-08-16, 09:59
If your going to buy land wait until after the Olympics. The Real will be 6 to 1 maybe even 7 to 1. Brazil is in huge massive debt, and they don't produce nothing. All they had was oil which is pennies now with the slowdown on chinca.Yes! Also The Saudis are happy to sell cheap oil so that undercuts everyone else and now that US is more self-sufficient, Brazil is taking the hit and with China not buying Brazilian now. Its going downhill fast.

With Rousseff stubbornly clinging on furthering the worlwide scepticism abut investing in a politically unstable, corrupt place!

William07
01-30-16, 11:49
Some of the massage places offer "body to body" massages. Anyone have experience with these that can relate exactly what is on offer?

Any websites where you can arrange to have girls visit your apartment? Is this advisable given security in the city?

Exec Talent
01-30-16, 18:26
It is much harder to find a strictly therapeutic massage in Rio than it is to find one which includes full service.

The basic service includes a HJ. If there is another price level then you can assume that more is available.

If you are staying in a hotel, have reception take the ID of your guests and return to her when they have confirmed with you that everything is OK. This deters any security issues.

If you are staying in an apartment, and I cannot emphasize this too much, bring some things for your doorman. Buy him a coffee, ACAI, sandwich, etc. Let him know when you will have guests.

The only issues I have ever had with girls in my hotel or apartment is them thinking they were my girlfriend and not wanting to leave. Be cautious, but don't be paranoid.

DJ FourMoney
01-31-16, 21:35
Correct! Whats holding prices up is fake hype-the property prices were inflated by 130-150% in Rio that even a drop would still keep prices way inflated.

Once olympics have passed and the population once again are paying the bill and with the world fear of investing in Brazil and China's problems-Brazil could return to the dark ages economically.

Great for me! As all the ex-pats are heading back to Europe, Ill be there buying my apartment by the beach in Rio.

A duplex penthouse with 2 bedrooms I saw at 600.000 euros in 2014 is now 375.000 euros and falling- One block from Copa.There's a podcast I have faithfully listen too for four-five years.

The host has been speaking about the Latin American property bubble and suggest renting until the bottom falls out.

http://ourfiniteworld.com/2016/01/19/why-oil-under-30-per-barrel-is-a-major-problem/#more-40536.

I believe I will be in a position to take advantage of the property bubble in LA when it burst.

Let's just hope hedge funds don't jack the prices back up with piles of cash in reserve.

Troyster
02-06-16, 02:19
So can anyone see a difference on the ground in the declared effort to eradicate Zika? Would tourists notice? Are hotels doing anything? Or is all happening in the poorer areas?

World Travel 69
02-07-16, 15:33
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2016/01/24/Zika-has-been-around-for-years/stories/201601240108

Just don't get pregnant.

So can anyone see a difference on the ground in the declared effort to eradicate Zika? Would tourists notice? Are hotels doing anything? Or is all happening in the poorer areas?

Exec Talent
02-09-16, 13:44
There used to be a member here who loved Carnaval. We finally chose to agree to disagree.

Other than the costumes and floats in the Sambadrome, which are awesome, I found the music repetitive and poorly played, and Carnaval just an excuse for people to get drunk, more than usual and wet the streets, more than usual.

My advice to anyone who wants to see the costumes and floats is to arrive on Friday after Carnaval and go to the Champion Parade in the Sambadrome on Saturday.

As for the girls, I prefer mine sober. Have not found the sober ones any more or less willing during Carnaval times. Brazilians are pretty much horny all the time.

Albert Punter
02-10-16, 04:46
Brazilians are pretty much horny all the time.I agree 101%.

Bravo
02-17-16, 17:40
I had two friends who just returned on Monday from Brazil, they were questioned extensively by immigration because they had spent two weeks in Rio. While they were in Rio they saw on the news that Government Officials were recommending that any man who visits Brazil, should wear a condom for 6 months after he goes back to his country. So I guess all you married men men better stay away from Brazil until the Zeka virus is eradicated. LOL! They also said that women who visited Brazil should not get pregnant for a 2 year period after they return in order to make sure they don't have a baby with issues.

FourGC
02-18-16, 00:09
I'll be in Brazil for two week, with the Easter days in the middle. I guess this is a family thing, everything closed and all the GDPs back home. Might get a bit boring, what do you guys think?

Member #4405
02-21-16, 22:28
I will be in Rio this Wednesday February 24 for 6 months.

I am a gringo I speak Portuguese fluently I know the Brazilian culture and mentality.

So if someone is interested in finding some GPS and being with other people, just send me a PM.

AltoBomGosto
02-22-16, 22:48
Rose, the ex manager of Sensacao is now in charge of Tangará. We all wish her a warm welcome!

SergioA
02-23-16, 00:34
Hello,

Been reading through the Rio reports a lot there but not clear on a couple of things. I know of balcony bar and that that has closed, I would like to know what the similar alternatives are and where the girls that used to hang out there will have gone?

I noticed that people in the forum tend to speak of Mab's and not in such a positive light. What are the best bars where you can chill out talk with girls and decide if you want to do something?

Have been reading the forum and hearing of termas (spas) these not really what I am looking for I don't think because would rather meet girls and decide if I want to do something with them then, never been to a brothel.

Can you guys assist and suggest the best course of action.

Also are these girls in places like Mab's and Barbarellas (what is that place a strip club or casual bar?) overcharging generally although that can always be negotiated.

Any help is welcomed.

SergioA
02-24-16, 00:48
No help for a novice guys? Just joined the forum and would appreciate some guidance on the post.

Mr Enternational
02-24-16, 02:58
I know of balcony bar and that that has closed, I would like to know what the similar alternatives are and where the girls that used to hang out there will have gone?If you have been reading the Rio reports then you would know that just a couple of days ago Sperto posted a couple of alternatives to Mabs that are located in Ipanema. Where did the girls from before go? Probably back to the favela where they came from.

What are the best bars where you can chill out talk with girls and decide if you want to do something?What are you trying to decide? People go to Rio because the girls in those venues are available for fucking. It's not like you are going to marry them; although some guys have gone and done just that.

Can you guys assist and suggest the best course of action.

Also are these girls in places like Mab's and Barbarellas (what is that place a strip club or casual bar?) overcharging generally although that can always be negotiated.The best and cheapest course of action would be the privees. But you do not go there to sit down with girls and make decisions. They show you the girls and you choose one. Mabs is a cafe / restaurant. Barbarella's is a strip club. Overcharging is in the eye of the wallet holder. Fair exchange is no robbery. Would I pay 500 reais for a piece of pussy in Brazil? No fucking way.

SergioA
02-24-16, 23:56
Have read through the reports but missed the one where he mentioned alternative's to Mab's, its a restaurant but from reviews of the place sounds like a bar, as for the question regarding where they wen't was asking about venues.

Not looking for marriage, don't like brothels because have to like a girl to go with her, not into picking them out in that fashion.

Trying to decide if I am attracted enough to the girl and negotiate etc what do you think I am trying to decide, everyone has their preference.

Had hook ups there with no money exchanged so those places can be good options.

Strip clubs don't appeal overcharging for drinks to look not ideal.

Negotiation is of course where the figures are decided. As for 500 that is crazy no chance, nunca pay that.

Thanks for the info.

Enphl
02-26-16, 04:46
I'm planning to visit Brazil for the first time for a few days, then head to Buenos Aires. I'm trying to decide on Rio or Sao Paulo. I've read about termas and prives on another site but am confused about the difference. I'm really just looking for something like the FKK's in Germany where you go to a brothel with lots of young hot skinny girls, pick one, then fuck them. This was different from a club as you don't have to buy girls drinks and the girls are there specifically for one reason. Now in the FKK, I'd have to pay an entrance fee, then a set rate for specific services. From reading about termas and prives, this sounds like what I'm looking for, but it is hard to tell if this information is old. I like to do this earlier in the day (afternoon) and not at night so I wouldn't be interested in overnights either. I just want to go there, fuck a girl or two, then leave. I don't want to bring her back to my hotel or have to buy a hotel room. Also, I can only understand english, I hope this won't be an issue. I'd appreciate any recommendations with which city to pick.

Mr Enternational
02-26-16, 04:57
A privee is pretty much an office that has rooms where you can fuck chicks. You go in and they show you the girls and you pick one. You go to the back and shower and then fuck the girl and then shower again and pay the receptionist on your way out.

A termas you go in and there is an entrance fee (payable at the end in your total bill.) In some you go to a locker room and take your clothes off and put on a robe and flip flops. You go to a bar area and can drink and order food. All the girls are there in bikinis socializing and some may be on stage dancing. You can pick one and go to the rooms they have there. In some termas you can get a haircut or massage. When you are ready to leave you go back to the locker and put back on your clothes and pay your total bill at the cashier before exiting.

Privees cost way less than termas. The entrance fee to a termas could be over 50 reais where you can get full service at a privee for only 80 reais.

Enphl
02-26-16, 13:56
Thanks! I assume at a terma, in addition to the $50 entrance fee, you have to pay some amount for the girl too. Is that usually the same price for any girl or do you have to negotiate. Terma sounds most like a german FKK. Although a privee sounds fine to me. Are the prices there usually fixed?

Will I be able to get by ok with only english at either of these places? Thats why I ask how much I have to negotiate. For example, asking if BBBJ or CIM is extra.

Would you recommend Rio or Sao Paulo? When I read the Rio wikisex page, it seems to only mention termas. On the SP page, it mentions privees. Are there no termas in SP and no Privees in Rio?

Torgoch
03-06-16, 20:37
Interesting documentary. Darlene looks like she's in a bad way now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkURgKEgxM

Exec Talent
03-07-16, 03:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkURgKEgxMWould have never known about it had you not posted.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. It is interesting how porn and prostitution is reported on in the mainstream media.

Bravo
03-07-16, 17:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkURgKEgxMI've known Marcia "Darlene" for a number of years and she has to be one of the absolute sweetest person you could ever meet. Just a super nice person, I can't say enough good things about her. She got started in the life kinda late, not until her 30's and the started doing pornos in her late 30's, so she isn't a spring chicken. She has really gone thru hell after making her movies because she has two children. She told me how the teenage boys in her neighborhood would walk back and forth in front of her house calling out her name and saying they want their dick sucked and other shit like that. Her teenage daughter was ridiculed because of what he mom did and he son caught hell too. She has tried to leave the business a few times, but at her age, what else is she going to do that will allow her to make enough money to take care of her kids? Its not like she makes a lot of money shooting pornos. I think the girls only get like 5-600 bucks for the orgy scenes and 3-400 for one on one scenes.

She is definitely one of those women that if you could save some one, she would be the person that I would save and help start a new life.

Sperto
03-09-16, 12:41
When Brazil entered in crisis my hope was that the crisis would lead to more women wanting to sell their bundas and that would lead to a upturn in the privê-situation. Actually it's the opposite. The crisis results in a decline in the privê-situation.

Many brazilians can no longer afford to spend money on GPs. I've spoken to many of the bosses at the privées in Centro and Tijuca. They all said they only have about 40% of the customers they had one year ago. Not only the small privées suffers but also the large ones like Dudas, Belprazer, Emporio do Banho and Massagem Tijuca. The girls get less customers, earn less, less girls seek work at privées and many GPs choose other work. I also noted that many privées in Centro have closed.

More gringo mongers heading to Rio will not help the situation. Outside of Copacabanas gringotraps the gringomongers only represent a tiny fraction of the customers in the Centro privées.

Conclusion: It's very enjoyable that the real is cheap right now, but the playground is definitely smaller than it used to be.

Eric Cartman
03-10-16, 03:37
When Brazil entered in crisis my hope was that the crisis would lead to more women wanting to sell their bundas and that would lead to a upturn in the priv-situation. Actually it's the opposite. The crisis results in a decline in the priv-situation.

Many brazilians can no longer afford to spend money on GPs. I've spoken to many of the bosses at the prives in Centro and Tijuca. They all said they only have about 40% of the customers they had one year ago. Not only the small prives suffers but also the large ones like Dudas, Belprazer, Emporio do Banho and Massagem Tijuca. The girls get less customers, earn less, less girls seek work at prives and many GPs choose other work. I also noted that many prives in Centro have closed.

More gringo mongers heading to Rio will not help the situation. Outside of Copacabanas gringotraps the gringomongers only represent a tiny fraction of the customers in the Centro prives.

Conclusion: It's very enjoyable that the real is cheap right now, but the playground is definitely smaller than it used to be.Word from my friend who works in a Centro privee supports your statements. Big fall-off reported in Brazilian customers. Big uptick in Gringo customers.

She said 5 people from "LOS Angeles" visited her privee in the last few days. The BRL has been strengthening -- from 4. 01 to 3. 68 in like 10 days -- so something is going on, besides the market thinking impeachment is more likely.

However the economy is definitely in the worst recession for 20+ years, from what I can tell.

Bravo
03-10-16, 18:31
Could someone tell me where this mountain top is located? I pulled these pics from the internet but they didn't mention where you could go to see this incredible view.

Exec Talent
03-10-16, 22:47
Could someone tell me where this mountain top is located? I pulled these pics from the internet but they didn't mention where you could go to see this incredible view.Take a look at the second picture. That is the Jockey Club in Gávea on the left with Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas next to it.

Now go to Google Earth -- where would you have that view?

Free lap dance at LE Boy to the first guy who gets it right.

Sperto
03-10-16, 23:27
Could someone tell me where this mountain top is located? I pulled these pics from the internet but they didn't mention where you could go to see this incredible view.
The first picture I can for sure tell it's taken from Pedra da Gávea as I've taken a picture just like that one. I highly recommend this trekking. It only have one tricky part, the carrasqueira.
The second picture is from Morro Dois Irmãos. Some caution if you do this trekking. There can be some bandits from both Vidigal and Rocinha on the trail.

Bravo
03-11-16, 17:25
The first picture I can for sure tell it's taken from Pedra da Gvea as I've taken a picture just like that one. I highly recommend this trekking. It only have one tricky part, the carrasqueira.
The second picture is from Morro Dois Irmos. Some caution if you do this trekking. There can be some bandits from both Vidigal and Rocinha on the trail.Bandits on the trail? Well, looks like I won't be going up there! LOL.

Koolkid
03-21-16, 20:01
I would like to work out most mornings when I am in Copa.

I have been looking at BodyTech webiste on and. S Copa 801. From what I can work
out from there site they do not do daily rates or 1/2 monthy which I need.

http://www.bodytech.com.br/PlanosProgramas

Can anyone recommend any gyms in this area that can offer a pay as you walk
in deal?

Thanks.

BjjDom
03-22-16, 01:57
Koolkid,

Bare bones gym Golds Rio on Nossa Señora. Really basic if your looking short term but has enough, and can do weekly for about 75 Reals. Hope that helps.

Koolkid
03-22-16, 08:27
Thats pefect and just what I wanted. Thanks for your info. KK.

Koolkid,

Bare bones gym Golds Rio on Nossa Seora. Really basic if your looking short term but has enough, and can do weekly for about 75 Reals. Hope that helps.

Sperto
03-22-16, 15:17
I have been looking at BodyTech webiste on and. S Copa 801. From what I can work
out from there site they do not do daily rates or 1/2 monthy which I need.
Bodytech used to have daily rates, 10 years ago, R$40.
Just about every second block in Copacabana has a gym. Another option would be to use the outside mini-gyms along the orla. They are good for some basic exercises.

FuckAfMedDig
03-29-16, 15:24
Bodytech used to have daily rates, 10 years ago, R$40.
Just about every second block in Copacabana has a gym. Another option would be to use the outside mini-gyms along the orla. They are good for some basic exercises.Weekly at Formula is like 139. I got a monthly one which was 200 I believe. Body Tech is 430 for a month.

C Jack Sparrow
04-02-16, 17:01
Brazil, just like Argentina had 1991-2001, a overvalued currency; it can bring growth since it brings stability; importing high-tech becomes 50% discount, which stimulates growth.

Argentinas convertibility fell when exports and the constant expectation of a fall of the system had led to a yearly higher and hinger capital flight.

When the Peso fell, from 1:1 to 1:4, the Argentines with wealth, came back and bought, what they sold a few years ago for 3 times more.

This has repeated itself since BNP / capita growth stagnated permanently in the 1960th. In various forms of currency manipulation.

Brazil exports are not high-tech and are sensible to fall of demand of raw material or products with low added value.

Like China and Russia.

http://www.global-rates.com/interest-rates/central-banks/central-banks.aspx

With 14% interest rate and 10% inflation; Brazil have had it's period of growth, by a certain system.

Now the country has to become cheap again, to attract FDI, tourism, mongering, create work by a desperation about, long-term 50%.

The problem is to find a strategy for this change, the risk of hyperinflation is very high, but a change is a must.

Foreign debt is also a catch 22. It's very high, so a depreciation (devaluation) will of 50% will double it. Brazil is stuck.

IMF programs can buy Brazil time; but the country needs a new strategy.

Letting the interest rate down from 14% to 5% in combination with IMF program. That would be an organized retreat.

Remember Argentinas default 2002!

1998 Argentia was called "Economic Tiger", before a first crisis came, sweeping down the currencies of Russia and hitting the South East Asian "Economic Tigers".

Brazil have build strong institutions, but that doesn't mean constant high growth. Crisis and for us mongers a healthy 50% discount and 200% supply of Hotties, like Help, but 5 one's in every metropol or million city; that is good news for us.

Just like Argentina had to swallow it's pride and restart, Brazil are getting closer and closer to that inevitable depreciation.

C Jack Sparrow
04-08-16, 16:26
I had not read anything, just drew my own conclusions, but other members, visiting or living partly or permanently in Brazil, have seen this process started. The over-rated REAL down to "normal", is still requerir the Central Bank told hold a 14% rate, even so, inflation is 10%.

What is holding the values up?

C Jack Sparrow
04-08-16, 17:19
I've known Marcia "Darlene" for a number of years and she has to be one of the absolute sweetest person you could ever meet. Just a super nice person, I can't say enough good things about her. She got started in the life kinda late, not until her 30's and the started doing pornos in her late 30's, so she isn't a spring chicken. She has really gone thru hell after making her movies because she has two children. She told me how the teenage boys in her neighborhood would walk back and forth in front of her house calling out her name and saying they want their dick sucked and other shit like that. Her teenage daughter was ridiculed because of what he mom did and he son caught hell too. She has tried to leave the business a few times, but at her age, what else is she going to do that will allow her to make enough money to take care of her kids? Its not like she makes a lot of money shooting pornos. I think the girls only get like 5-600 bucks for the orgy scenes and 3-400 for one on one scenes.

She is definitely one of those women that if you could save some one, she would be the person that I would save and help start a new life.Marcia must move to another barrio, or to another city. Brazil is 40% of both area and population of South America, and then we have Portugal.

MILF might don't pay much, but she is still in good shape, look at Lisa Ann, she has been on-off as a MILF for +15 years, and with some botox etc. She can manage. Why not move to another city, hang on to an European or US man.

Radical situations requerir radical action, I have done it myself several times and life returns. First comes the euphoria of leaving the stigma, then hard time getting to know the new place and new friends, then a normal life is back again. Adopting to new situations are on of humans best skills. Look at the Eskimos at North Pole, -50 C, only eating fat and meat. Their fellow humans in the deepest parts of Amazonaz live in +50 C, and life of honey, fruits. It's a 100 C difference, and a 100% difference type of calories they eat. Still they have survived for 10.000 years!

Help Marcia mentally; she is depressed and it can kind of freeze your mind, create apathy, that hardly let go. I've been there. Benzo helped me that time. I got new job at new places and people liked me a lot! It was kind of a revolution! I remeber World Cup 2010; I had such an anxiety I could not enjoy it at all. 2012 at the Euro Cup, just 2 years later, my income had rosen by 75%, I enjoyed relaxing with some new friends and the Euro Cup as the marker of overall mental feeling.

When I was at my lowest, I formed an alliance with a girl from Colombia, we helped each other. Today, not has much has changed on the outside; but on the inside Marcia can get get life back! But she needs help! I would also marry her, or help her out, but I need to focus on my own economical balance. It's going straight back to Medellin-compability aiming at living there every second month, possible due to my work scheme, but I have also started to look at north Eastern Brazil; according to Ricker, who have seen it all, says those girls are the sweetest in the world.

Maybe, just maybe she can be my teacher in Brazil-Portuguese! Brazil REAL fall means that 40% of the continent opens up. If Maduro's regime falls, the sister country of Colombia also becomes available.

Marcia is a woman that love sex! If she let's go of the excuses and say it openly; she attract porno-producers around the globe! We have examples of where former female pornstars right after their careers have got new ones. The crying-story does not work anymore!

Change of identity or openly be a role-model for girls that want to do porn but don't dear, she can be a good agent, scout.

Marcia's first move, change her mind, endorfine comes. Hard work-outs looking even hotter, focusing on her ass, give her the self-confidence, to take action to move, which seems to be a must.

Roman-Catholic countries have their typical double double moral. Hookering a little, going to hookers, "everybody does it", as long as you don't mention it. Therefore porn give such stigma. That double moral is what keep many alive, those Extra Reis.

Help her do someting! Moving or saving for moving ASAP is a must!

C Jack Sparrow
04-08-16, 17:33
Correct! Whats holding prices up is fake hype-the property prices were inflated by 130-150% in Rio that even a drop would still keep prices way inflated.

A duplex penthouse with 2 bedrooms I saw at 600.000 euros in 2014 is now 375.000 euros and falling- One block from Copa.We are in Euros here, having fallen 37% even before the Olympics.

I don't by, I rent. It would be in Fortazela, Natal, Joao Pessoa, or one of many "undiscovered cities with wtie beaches along the coast from.

C Jack Sparrow
04-08-16, 17:34
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/24/when_porn_stars_become_escorts_lucrative_new_trend_could_also_be_risky/

Sperto
04-08-16, 18:50
During many years I've been thinking about buying a terreno/land in Brazil. I've friends who bought land in Brazil in the early nineties. If they would sell the land today the profit would be extremely good. Some other friends bought apartments in Rio, around 2004. The prices now are many times more what they have paid.

Even in the favela in Rio, where I stay, the prices have multiplicated the last years. Recently there have been lots of shoot-outs so the prices are going down, but the prices are still absurd.

If you want to buy land in Brazil, let say beachfront in a postcard like setting, there are still a lot of possibilities. You just have to find these places before they get discovered, get tourism, get asphalted roads and high prices.

The only thing that make me not buying land/apartment in Brazil is because I travel a lot. I can't stand staying in one place.

Some of my friends who bought apartments and coberturas when the prices where low about 10 years ago have let their places out to be rented. It used to be good business in the Help-era. Now the money from the renting business is very low.

If I would by land it would be interesting to buy land in a small city along the coast, a place not considered touristy now, or buying an apartment in Rio. I wouldn't buy an apartment in Rio with the intention of renting it out when I'm not in Rio, I couldn't stand the thought of some fat ******** f*cking a crackwh*re in my bed.

Buying a house in favela in Zona Sul is fine for me, but it's annoying when they have shoot-outs. There is always the risk of some bullet going the wrong way.

I probably continue to rent an apartment/house or stay in a hotel/pousada.

FuckAfMedDig
04-08-16, 19:07
During many years I've been thinking about buying a terreno/land in Brazil. I've friends who bought land in Brazil in the early nineties. If they would sell the land today the profit would be extremely good. Some other friends bought apartments in Rio, around 2004. The prices now are many times more what they have paid.

Even in the favela in Rio, where I stay, the prices have multiplicated the last years. Recently there have been lots of shoot-outs so the prices are going down, but the prices are still absurd.

If you want to buy land in Brazil, let say beachfront in a postcard like setting, there are still a lot of possibilities. You just have to find these places before they get discovered, get tourism, get asphalted roads and high prices.

The only thing that make me not buying land/apartment in Brazil is because I travel a lot. I can't stand staying in one place.

Some of my friends who bought apartments and coberturas when the prices where low about 10 years ago have let their places out to be rented. It used to be good business in the Help-era. Now the money from the renting business is very low.

If I would by land it would be interesting to buy land in a small city along the coast, a place not considered touristy now, or buying an apartment in Rio. However I wouldn't buy an apartment with the intention of renting it out when I'm not in Rio, I couldn't stand the thought of some fat ******** f*cking a crackwh*re in my bed.

Buying a house in favela in Zona Sul is fine for me, but it's annoying when they have shoot-outs. There is always the risk of some bullet going the wrong way.

I probably continue to rent an apartment/house or stay in a hotel/pousada.Sperto this is a very good post-thanks.

I totally agree.

The rental market has bottomed-out in Rio for example and is not a good investment.

Would only make sense to buy for personal use so would have to be a good deal and one would have to spend sufficient time there.

Brazil has so many undiscovered areas but it has to be balanced with what to do there. Part of the excitement is also being close ot some type of action, night life etc at least for me.

Its a tricky one and yes the rental market is now very favourable.

For example in Leblon you can now rent 2 bedroom apartments for 23-2500 reais a month. Thats less than 500 £ a month-not that I want to live there but it illustrates their struggles.

I rented a coubertura in Nossa Senhora and was given it for a month but only had to pay for 2 weeks.

Crisis is real.

Peek001
04-19-16, 07:16
Hello everybody,

My first visit to Brasil is coming soon.

I will go to Sao Paulo and some days to Belo Horizonte.

How do I get cash?

Bank card or exchange Euro?

Thanks for your help.

Peek

Eric Cartman
04-20-16, 01:44
Hello everybody,

My first visit to Brasil is coming soon.

I will go to Sao Paulo and some days to Belo Horizonte.

How do I get cash?

Bank card or exchange Euro?

Thanks for your help.

PeekI would bring some Euros as a backup. But generally you can use your ATM card at one of the various banks, though you may have to try a few to find a machine that works.

Note that most ATMs in Brazil are only open during day / business hours, and at night close because it's relatively unsafe to take out money.

Plan ahead. Do not walk around with a ton of cash. Always plan to head back to your hotel and secure it.

-Cartman.

Peek001
04-20-16, 19:39
Thanks Cartman,

Next questions.

Did anybody try a escort service to a Hotel, since I will not have too much time by myself?

Recommendations are welcome.

How are the Brazil in general?

I will meet with some coworkers, is it OK to ask them for help with woman or is that a topic to avoid?

Thanks.

Peek

I would bring some Euros as a backup. But generally you can use your ATM card at one of the various banks, though you may have to try a few to find a machine that works.

Note that most ATMs in Brazil are only open during day / business hours, and at night close because it's relatively unsafe to take out money.

Plan ahead. Do not walk around with a ton of cash. Always plan to head back to your hotel and secure it.

-Cartman.

Nordico
04-20-16, 21:10
Thanks Cartman,

Next questions.

Did anybody try a escort service to a Hotel, since I will not have too much time by myself?

Recommendations are welcome.

How are the Brazil in general?

I will meet with some coworkers, is it OK to ask them for help with woman or is that a topic to avoid?

Thanks.

PeekHmm. What about in your own country? Would you end a business meeting with people you meet for the first time; "by the way, would you help me to find some prostitutes?" I would not.

Peek001
04-20-16, 22:01
Hmm. What about in your own country? Would you end a business meeting with people you meet for the first time; "by the way, would you help me to find some prostitutes?" I would not.Right, I'm form Germany, here it depends who your talking with.

In general you find out during the conversation.

But different countries different cultures, that's why I asked.

Thanks.

World Travel 69
04-23-16, 20:12
In the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/brazils-giant-problem-1461359723?mod=trending_now_1

Mr Enternational
04-23-16, 21:42
Right, I'm form Germany, here it depends who your talking with.

In general you find out during the conversation.

But different countries different cultures, that's why I asked.

Thanks.Exactly. And in some cultures (especially Latin American ones) you are expected to partake in fun before any business discussions. If not, you could be seen as a boring lame and then could lose out on the contract or whatever.

Shamester
05-01-16, 18:20
Does anyone have a recommendation of which visa service company to use?

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/approved_visa_agencies.xml

Exec Talent
05-02-16, 00:27

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/approved_visa_agencies.xmlhttps://www.itseasy.com/

Easy online process and should you need help, excellent live support.

Highly recommended. Used for friends and family in various jurisdictions.

Quick turnaround and reasonably priced.

Gfechaser
05-04-16, 05:35
Gents.

Which website do you go on for independent female escorts?

Chaser.

Gagoo
05-06-16, 07:44

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/approved_visa_agencies.xmlNo visa will be needed from June 1st this year until Sept 18th because of the Olympics. I am highly certain I will take advantage of this.

It might be more crowded in the RIO area and some of the popular areas. But if you stay out of Rio I don't think it will be too crowded.

I would have been to Brazil a long time ago if I didn't have to apply for a visa. Now I will show Brazil that they get more money spent in their country when they aren't so proud and dumb to have a reciprocal visa policy. If they bring in big tourist money during the Olympics, I'm sure they will start to relax their Visa policy within the next couple of years. Maybe getting rid of their puta President will help.

Mr Enternational
05-06-16, 10:22
No visa will be needed from June 1st this year until Sept 18th because of the Olympics. I am highly certain I will take advantage of this.

I would have been to Brazil a long time ago if I didn't have to apply for a visa. The thing is that you would have come out better getting the visa and going during a different time (unless you are going specifically for the games). If you go during those dates you are going to pay overinflated prices for everything anyway which are going to total more than you would have spent for the $140 visa.

Gfechaser
05-07-16, 06:01
The thing is that you would have come out better getting the visa and going during a different time (unless you are going specifically for the games). If you go during those dates you are going to pay overinflated prices for everything anyway which are going to total more than you would have spent for the $140 visa.A buddy I once worked with from Brazil told me the same thing. I also spoke with people that went down to Brazil for the World Cup and were amazed how overpriced everything was. Down time is the time to go.

Member #4543
05-08-16, 16:57
I'm pretty sure I've seen mention of people taking girls on "side vacations" before on the Rio forum, but doing a search couldn't dig them up.

Anyone have tips on inviting a girl to go on a side trip? Mostly on agreeing on a rate I guess.

There's a girl in SP I've seen for overnights on a bunch of occasions since October. A couple of the last dates were probably 15-16 hours where we'd go to a museum or art exhibition, dinner, then motel. She didn't ask for more than her standard overnight rate of are $800.

Was chatting on WhatsApp since I expect to be back in a few weeks. It being "cold" now in SP came up so I jokingly asked if she wanted to go to the Northeast with me, not expecting her to say yes, since she has a civilian job and is studying. But it's semester break and she is actually willing to take off from her job to go with me.

Not sure how to approach the price issue. Anyone have experience and a tip on that? Paid vacation is obviously a pretty good deal for any GP and I'd be providing a flight. Should I make an offer and hope to not offend her? Solicit a rate from her?

Larry David
05-08-16, 23:47
Solicit a rate from her?Asking her is setting yourself up to pay too much. If for five days she'll likely want R800 x 5. For a five day trip, I'd off all expenses paid (since you're already committing to that) and R2000 (maybe R2500 since you've already established a high tln) shopping fund.

How long of a trip are you planning?

Exec Talent
05-09-16, 00:09
I'm pretty sure I've seen mention of people taking girls on "side vacations" before on the Rio forum, but doing a search couldn't dig them up.

Anyone have tips on inviting a girl to go on a side trip? Mostly on agreeing on a rate I guess.

There's a girl in SP I've seen for overnights on a bunch of occasions since October. A couple of the last dates were probably 15-16 hours where we'd go to a museum or art exhibition, dinner, then motel. She didn't ask for more than her standard overnight rate of are $800.

Was chatting on WhatsApp since I expect to be back in a few weeks. It being "cold" now in SP came up so I jokingly asked if she wanted to go to the Northeast with me, not expecting her to say yes, since she has a civilian job and is studying. But it's semester break and she is actually willing to take off from her job to go with me.

Not sure how to approach the price issue. Anyone have experience and a tip on that? Paid vacation is obviously a pretty good deal for any GP and I'd be providing a flight. Should I make an offer and hope to not offend her? Solicit a rate from her?You have spent some time with this girl, so lay out the plans and ask her what she thinks is fair. You might be surprised. One famous termas girl spent a week with me and never once mentioned money. At the end of the week she says, hate to bring this up but my rent is due (she shared a small place with other girls). I asked how much do you need and she said 120 Reais. Keep in mind these girls get banged on all the time. Treating them with respect goes a long way. BTW, when I tried to give the girl more than 120, she gave it back to me and said that was all she needed.

Member #4543
05-09-16, 13:49
Asking her is setting yourself up to pay too much. If for five days she'll likely want R800 x 5. For a five day trip, I'd off all expenses paid (since you're already committing to that) and R2000 (maybe R2500 since you've already established a high tln) shopping fund.

How long of a trip are you planning?That's still being worked out. I'm guessing probably 5 days, maybe 6. I don't think she can get too many days off from her call-center job. A weekend, there's some holiday coming up, plus whatever she can get off.

You have spent some time with this girl, so lay out the plans and ask her what she thinks is fair. You might be surprised. One famous termas girl spent a week with me and never once mentioned money. At the end of the week she says, hate to bring this up but my rent is due (she shared a small place with other girls). I asked how much do you need and she said 120 Reais. Keep in mind these girls get banged on all the time. Treating them with respect goes a long way. BTW, when I tried to give the girl more than 120, she gave it back to me and said that was all she needed.That's pretty much what I was leaning towards.

When I was last in SP I went to Rio for a few days to meet with a friend from Ceara. I had wanted to stop at Ilha Grande on the way back but decided I'd probably not have too much fun there alone. Mentioned that to her as why I didn't when I got back to SP early and she said she would go with me to the beach.

It would be to a place she told me she dreams of going to, so I figure she'd probably want to spend more time there than less if she's getting the flight and other expenses covered and can get the extra time off. That's her main opportunity cost I'm guessing, as opposed to a full-time GP. I doubt I'm not her only customer, but she's not advertising at the moment (It's her personal number I have. Her GpFace, Twitter, GP-Whatsapp have all been long deleted. GP Guia topic is archived and no longer publicly visible) so she's probably not missing out on a whole lot of other clients.

You definitely have that right that treating them with respect goes a long way. I was apparently the first monger to take her out to dinner and she was surprised I let her choose where. The dates were longer after that. Last time I had a rental car and her glasses somehow ended up under the seat and she realized they were missing at 10 PM the day after. She couldn't believe I was willing to drive an hour each way to bring them to her in ABC on the night before I was leaving, as opposed to her trying to get to me and then to work in the morning to get them back.

So I kind of have the feeling it'll be an extremely good deal but didn't want to be insulting about it. Or I've marked myself as a potential sucker. In which case it'll be a shorter trip or my visit falls through until her university starts up again and the matter is settled that way.

Rodeo9112
05-11-16, 04:43
Does anyone know if the HSBC branch in Centro (Rio) has English speaking staff on hand that can assist me with opening an account when I get there? I know the requirement for a tax ID number. I plan to obtain one prior to travel.

Thanks in advance!

Rio6160
05-11-16, 06:16
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/05/09/brazil-soccer-great-rivaldo-urges-foreigners-not-to-come-to-rio-for-the-olympics/

Mr Enternational
05-11-16, 07:33
Does anyone know if the HSBC branch in Centro (Rio) has English speaking staff on hand that can assist me with opening an account when I get there? I know the requirement for a tax ID number. I plan to obtain one prior to travel.

Thanks in advance!You are going to need a resident visa as well to open a bank account in Brazil, unless things have changed.

FuckAfMedDig
05-11-16, 09:53
You have spent some time with this girl, so lay out the plans and ask her what she thinks is fair. You might be surprised. One famous termas girl spent a week with me and never once mentioned money. At the end of the week she says, hate to bring this up but my rent is due (she shared a small place with other girls). I asked how much do you need and she said 120 Reais. Keep in mind these girls get banged on all the time. Treating them with respect goes a long way. BTW, when I tried to give the girl more than 120, she gave it back to me and said that was all she needed.Yes Exec Talent's example def happens. She would have to dig you like dating a normal guy which in their minds does happen. I wouldn't recommend paying a daily rate to anyone if you're taking them away to paradise for free.

Some gifts or help with stuff should suffice. If not, hold off untill you meet one who does feel like that. Once the lines get blurred between customer and someone they date-that's where you win.

Rodeo9112
05-11-16, 12:12
You are going to need a resident visa as well to open a bank account in Brazil, unless things have changed.I think you're correct, in general. It seems HSBC and sometimes CITI will allow you to open one with a student or temporary resident visa.

I think step 1 is getting the CPF (tax ID) number though, which I'm trying to do before I get there. Also trying to get a certification in Teaching English as a Second Language to apply for online teaching jobs. For the work permit! Looking into property (residence) as well. Hoping to maybe have something just on paper for a nominal fee to get a notarized document to certify residence.

Nordico
05-11-16, 12:36
On my last trip to Brasil (unfortunately I can do it only once a year) I asked Ligia at Brooklin in So Paulo, if she wants to go with me to Floripa for a couple of days. Her answer was: what an indecent proposal. I asked her what kind of a girl is she, when asking her if I can use her back door is ok, but asking her for a weekend trip to a paradise, is indecent. Had a good laugh and great session, but next few days I had to satisfy myself with shrimps and oysters alone.

I would like to ask the guys with deeper knowledge of the Brasilians, if Floripa is an attractive destination for Paulistanas. I found it a great place and I'm planning a weeks side trip there or Balneario Camboriu, when the summer comes to Brasil again. I know a girl who would go with me, but I try to get somebody else, if possible.

Rodeo9112
05-11-16, 14:09
Can anyone offer experience in using NFCU debit cards in ATMs in Rio? Wondering if I need to figure out other options.

Thanks!

Eric Cartman
05-11-16, 14:44
On my last trip to Brasil (unfortunately I can do it only once a year) I asked Ligia at Brooklin in So Paulo, if she wants to go with me to Floripa for a couple of days. Her answer was: what an indecent proposal. I asked her what kind of a girl is she, when asking her if I can use her back door is ok, but asking her for a weekend trip to a paradise, is indecent. Had a good laugh and great session, but next few days I had to satisfy myself with shrimps and oysters alone.

I would like to ask the guys with deeper knowledge of the Brasilians, if Floripa is an attractive destination for Paulistanas. I found it a great place and I'm planning a weeks side trip there or Balneario Camboriu, when the summer comes to Brasil again. I know a girl who would go with me, but I try to get somebody else, if possible.Floripa is nice but it's all about the beaches and the nightlife in Jurere (sp?) . And both of those are really only "happening" during the summer season (Dec-Mar). Which is exactly when it is super busy and full of tourists / visitors including Argentinians.

If you want a nice downtown with some cool restaurants that's easy to walk around, and not much else, rest of the year is fine. I like the Sofitel which is girl-friendly (always book room for 2 people).

FYI it can be cool / cold during winter.

Porto Alegre probably has more happening off the summer season.

Mr Enternational
05-11-16, 14:45
I would like to ask the guys with deeper knowledge of the Brasilians, if Floripa is an attractive destination for Paulistanas. I found it a great place and I'm planning a weeks side trip there or Balneario Camboriu, when the summer comes to Brasil again. I know a girl who would go with me, but I try to get somebody else, if possible.Why wouldn't it be? Most Brazilians (people in general actually) never leave from where they are born. It trips them out to find out I know more of Brazil than they do. Me and my ex-girlfriend had a blast in Florianopolis as well. But then we used to enjoy each other's company so much that the setting really didn't matter for us.

BackDoorD
05-11-16, 15:10

I would like to ask the guys with deeper knowledge of the Brasilians, if Floripa is an attractive destination for Paulistanas. I found it a great place and I'm planning a weeks side trip there or Balneario Camboriu, when the summer comes to Brasil again. I know a girl who would go with me, but I try to get somebody else, if possible.Floripa is great between December and March. The rest of the year it's dead. During the summer it's sort of like a Brazilian version of Vegas from a party perspective (minus the gambling). Very hot women all over the place and surprisingly friendly.

The Paulistas love it as it's home to some of the world's best night life (Green Valley and Warung are perpetually rated in the 10 best clubs on the planet. More Balneario than Floripa). Can get expensive, but bottle service is about 25% of what Vegas costs these days.

During the day, check out Jurere Internacional (Cafe de la Musique is pretty fun), and in the evenings head into the city center (Confraria and El Divino are both pretty fun).

If you don't mind spending a few reais, Bokarra generally has some very hot women on offer, although you should expect to pay about are $800 which is not great value.

Also about the only place in Brazil where you can consistently get decent MDMA, which the working girls tend to love.

Larry David
05-11-16, 17:44
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/05/09/brazil-soccer-great-rivaldo-urges-foreigners-not-to-come-to-rio-for-the-olympics/If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd think Goldman Sachs is working diligently to devalue the real. It seems someone is hating on Brazil. Breaking news, someone is murdered in a big city. (Sarcasm emoticon) Lots of hysteria and they forgot to mention the ridiculous rental fee on some Airbnb apartments.

Nordico
05-11-16, 19:07
Thanks for everybody for the great info. Looks like there are good chances to get somebody interested going there with me. Have done it with few Brazilian and Colombian GDP's when I was living in Spain.

I still have time to get myself in shape for the beach parties, but I haven't yet figured out, how to get 20 years younger.

Rodeo9112
05-14-16, 21:54
Any good hobbying within an hour or two drive from Rio?

BackDoorD
05-16-16, 15:06
Any good hobbying within an hour or two drive from Rio?With the current traffic situation, it'll take you between 1 and 2 hours just to get out of the city limits! However, there are a few options on the outskirts of Rio.

Not sure if you consider Barra to be part or Rio (feels more like its own city to me), but Perola Negra in Barra and Paris Cafe in Recreio are decent options. Both alternate between terma style establishments (without the robes) and swinger clubs, so check the day on their websites.

Niteroi is stacked with attractive women, but I don't know any specific destinations. Decent incall options from niteroivips.com.br.

If you're in Buzios, there is an interesting house of ill-repute just on the outskirts. All the cab drivers know where it is, but I can't recall the address offhand. Just hop in a cab and ask for "putaria". About 15 minutes from the city center (rua das pedras).

Exec Talent
05-16-16, 18:58
With the current traffic situation, it'll take you between 1 and 2 hours just to get out of the city limits! However, there are a few options on the outskirts of Rio.

Not sure if you consider Barra to be part or Rio (feels more like its own city to me), but Perola Negra in Barra and Paris Cafe in Recreio are decent options. Both alternate between terma style establishments (without the robes) and swinger clubs, so check the day on their websites.

Niteroi is stacked with attractive women, but I don't know any specific destinations. Decent incall options from niteroivips.com.br.

If you're in Buzios, there is an interesting house of ill-repute just on the outskirts. All the cab drivers know where it is, but I can't recall the address offhand. Just hop in a cab and ask for "putaria". About 15 minutes from the city center (rua das pedras).BackDoorD,

If there were Like and Follow buttons on this forum, I would be clicking both.

You have made some outstanding right-on contributions in just a few posts. Great to have you here.

Rodeo9112
05-17-16, 22:05
With the current traffic situation, it'll take you between 1 and 2 hours just to get out of the city limits! However, there are a few options on the outskirts of Rio.

If you're in Buzios, there is an interesting house of ill-repute just on the outskirts. All the cab drivers know where it is, but I can't recall the address offhand. Just hop in a cab and ask for "putaria". About 15 minutes from the city center (rua das pedras).Good stuff. Thanks bro!

Rodeo9112
05-18-16, 03:11
For those that have a lot of time on the ground in Rio, can you give some insight on how folks dress in mid-August? Looking for both locals dress and tourist dress.

Thanks!

Exec Talent
05-18-16, 04:35
For those that have a lot of time on the ground in Rio, can you give some insight on how folks dress in mid-August? Looking for both locals dress and tourist dress.

Thanks!Local dress is pretty much the same year around. Jeans, collared shirt, polo or T-shirt with design and black name brand tennis shoes. Beach weather is cargo shorts, T-shirt with design and Havaianas or tennis shoes. Sometimes sandals but those mostly are worn by tourists. I have seen girls dressed to the 9's in clubs requiring a 100 Reais cover with guys wearing jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes, but it is safer to wear a collared shirt when going out. BTW, Bob Marley is revered in Brazil.

http://www.shopmarley.com/Product.aspx?cp=69851_70364&pc=Y6CT096&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google-shopping&src=GPPC_PA_Y6CT096&gclid=CNLzy6vY4swCFYY2gQodoWsMFg

BackDoorD
05-18-16, 15:41

Thanks!Echoing Exec Talent's sentiments, the men in Rio generally don't dress well. They wear Havaianas pretty much everywhere, and getting dressed up implies jeans and a polo (maybe a dress shirt if they're feeling fancy). This manner of attire holds even at the fanciest restaurants in the city (Pre-Catalan, Olympe, Oro, etc).

If you're going out in Ipanema, Leblon, or even some of the nicer places like Nuth in Barra, there's no harm in dressing up as there are a lot of hedge fund / banker types in the area who do rock suits. These guys are generally pretty douchey, but the dress up routine does draw a certain breed of vagina.

If you're out in Copa, Lapa, Centro, or any of the other more middle class regions, dressing better than the locals will only make you a target for petty crime, which is really on the upswing at the moment.

In August the temperature can drop into the mid-teens (the coldest I've ever experienced in Rio is 14 C or about 72 F), and it's not uncommon to see guys with blazers over their jean / polo ensembles. Have a look at the forecast before you head down, but in rainy / cooler weather, having a few warmer clothing options will serve you well.

Sao Paulo is a different animal entirely, and slacks / dress shirts are a far more common site at the swisher bars in the wealthier neighborhoods.

Rodeo9112
05-18-16, 21:17

Thanks!ExecTalent / Backdoor,

Thanks for the insight! BD, I have to say you scared me when you said the temps get in the teens! Damn metric system! Yes, I know the rest of the world uses it exclusively. I'm waiting for one of our Presidents as their last Executive order to abolish the "standard" system.

Rodeo

Exec Talent
05-25-16, 18:01
Hope members are smart enough to know which contributors are speaking from real-world experiences and those who seem to jump on every thread offering comments which don't ring true.

Sometimes these comments are harmless others can send someone in the wrong direction or waste their time. Some are downright dangerous. I have joked around with some ass clowns from time to time but generally try to provide helpful insights. Notice which members other members support and those who constantly are asked WTF are you talking about? Some bullshit can be ignored, but when it comes in such large volumes and in such great frequency it needs to be set straight.