PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

WyattEarp
10-25-17, 18:36
Insane beaches in Bahia, Recife, Rio Grande Do Norte, Ceara. Couple of hours from natal. Praia do amor. Pipa etc. Insane. Some hours from Fortaleza. Insane. Bahia has. Morro do Sao Paolo etc. Up the coast from Ilheus too. Towards Salvador. Stunning.As I mentioned, Salvador which besides having history and great beaches becomes a completely different place for four days during Carnival. Young (and attractive) Brasilians from all over the country flock there to engage in the amazing street parties.

I wouldn't say it is a great mongering destination compared to Rio and SP. However, I think during those four days it would blow Florianopolis and other second tier cities away. Personally, I think Salvador is more interesting any time of year.

Spidy
10-25-17, 23:51
Does anyone of you guys know where this video was taken?

https://nl.xhamster.com/videos/brazilian-street-prostitutes-6406657If I had to guess, I would say Itatinga. Most SWs in Brazil typically do not parade themselves this nude or quassi nude IHMHO. The only place I've seen (and not first hand) is some of the SWs in Itatinga.

Checkout this video, one of my all-time favourite Brazilian newscasts: https://youtu.be/WRA4agKWDbw.

The Cane
10-31-17, 18:19
The E-Visas are coming! The E-Visas are coming! Will make it easier for some to get their documents together to go to Brazil:

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-citizens-can-soon-apply-for-e-visas-to-brazil

ForceSteeler
11-02-17, 05:36
The E-Visas are coming! The E-Visas are coming! Will make it easier for some to get their documents together to go to Brazil:

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-citizens-can-soon-apply-for-e-visas-to-brazilPersonally think they should just get rid of the visa requirement to help with tourism. Do you know how many times I read tourist would like to visit Brazil, but they choose other countries in south america like Chile because the hassle of getting a visa and even with the E-Visa you still have to pay $160?. I know some guys will say its because the USA requires it but remember who is in a recession? Brazil is on hard times so every dollar counts especially tourist dollars.

Komo753
11-03-17, 22:52
Personally think they should just get rid of the visa requirement to help with tourism. Do you know how many times I read tourist would like to visit Brazil, but they choose other countries in south america like Chile because the hassle of getting a visa and even with the E-Visa you still have to pay $160?. I know some guys will say its because the USA requires it but remember who is in a recession? Brazil is on hard times so every dollar counts especially tourist dollars.Yes you still have to pay. Remember western people are very rich for Brazilians. 160 dollars is not expensive, they just want to make as much money as possible on tourists.

The process is faster but money doesn't chance. The aim is to make fast money.

Voyajer1
11-04-17, 14:47
The real reason is due to the policy of Reciprocity. What a Brazilian citizen has to pay to travel to the USA, an American citizen must pay to travel to Brazil. Check it out.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/fees/

Yes you still have to pay. Remember western people are very rich for Brazilians. 160 dollars is not expensive, they just want to make as much money as possible on tourists.

The process is faster but money doesn't chance. The aim is to make fast money.

Komo753
11-04-17, 18:13
The real reason is due to the policy of Reciprocity. What a Brazilian citizen has to pay to travel to the USA, an American citizen must pay to travel to Brazil. Check it out.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/fees/I know, Americans are not the kings of the world. That's the only good thing the Brazilian administration does. It is the same for us Canadians, we also have to travel with a visa. I don't care because I use an European passport when I travel to Brazil. We all have to pay somehow or other. I pay for both my passports' renewal.

Rio Bob
11-11-17, 20:11
Personally think they should just get rid of the visa requirement to help with tourism. Do you know how many times I read tourist would like to visit Brazil, but they choose other countries in south america like Chile because the hassle of getting a visa and even with the E-Visa you still have to pay $160?. I know some guys will say its because the USA requires it but remember who is in a recession? Brazil is on hard times so every dollar counts especially tourist dollars.The formula 1 drivers just got held up by gunpoint in Brazil, this will be international news. I also just read recently that Brazil's tourism has dropped 30% this year because of news like this about violence. I did notice that for the upcoming summer season hotels in Rio are going for a good price but airfares are still very high and I can see that the planes are not full. But in comparison the summer season for Europe the airfares are better and the planes are more full. I can't imagine why they are holding the airfares to Brazil still so high. Personally I'm ok because I will be using points but if the airfares were better I might have bought instead.

Golfinho
11-11-17, 21:06
you know how many times I read tourist would like to visit Brazil, but they choose other countries because the hassle of getting a visa and even with the E-Visa you still have to pay $160?.A one-time visa fee good for 10 years the life of your passport is hardly an obstacle that should keep even the densest American from being able to figure out how to get himself to Brazil.

ForceSteeler
11-12-17, 12:30
The formula 1 drivers just got held up by gunpoint in Brazil, this will be international news. I also just read recently that Brazil's tourism has dropped 30% this year because of news like this about violence. I did notice that for the upcoming summer season hotels in Rio are going for a good price but airfares are still very high and I can see that the planes are not full. But in comparison the summer season for Europe the airfares are better and the planes are more full. I can't imagine why they are holding the airfares to Brazil still so high. Personally I'm ok because I will be using points but if the airfares were better I might have bought instead.I'm in Brazil right now and a lot of locals told me to be careful at night. Also last year I went to a few favelas, now a lot of locals have warned me to stay away, A lot of shootings and hold ups are happening. I would say if your interested in buying real estate I would wait until around next year because everything is going to drop in value, A lot of business are closing because they can't afford the rent.

The Cane
11-12-17, 13:11
The formula 1 drivers just got held up by gunpoint in Brazil, this will be international news.It was Lewis Hamilton's crew too. He's the top Formula 1 driver in the world! I understand from reports that some Formula 1 executives were targeted too, but they managed to get away without being harmed.

Voyajer1
11-12-17, 15:11
Sad. Be aware of where you are and be careful out there.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/lewis-hamiltons-team-robbed-at-gunpoint-at-formula-one-in-brazil-as-he-crashes-out-on-first-lap-of-grand-prix/news-story/da5d76265a99b6231083f8f6df954260

The formula 1 drivers just got held up by gunpoint in Brazil, this will be international news. I also just read recently that Brazil's tourism has dropped 30% this year because of news like this about violence. I did notice that for the upcoming summer season hotels in Rio are going for a good price but airfares are still very high and I can see that the planes are not full. But in comparison the summer season for Europe the airfares are better and the planes are more full. I can't imagine why they are holding the airfares to Brazil still so high. Personally I'm ok because I will be using points but if the airfares were better I might have bought instead.

Exec Talent
11-12-17, 17:18
I'm in Brazil right now and a lot of locals told me to be careful at night. Also last year I went to a few favelas, now a lot of locals have warned me to stay away, A lot of shootings and hold ups are happening. I would say if your interested in buying real estate I would wait until around next year because everything is going to drop in value, A lot of business are closing because they can't afford the rent.We all can read about the economy on the internet.

How about some firsthand reports on the purpose of this forum- having sex with women?

Rio Bob
11-12-17, 23:42
We all can read about the economy on the internet.

How about some firsthand reports on the purpose of this forum- having sex with women?This is the general info thread and this subject matter is appropriate here. You must be thinking about the Rio report thread.

You really need to learn to use the Report Post button instead of crying about the thread misdirection.

Gertsch700
11-25-17, 14:29
It seems like you've been lured in by Florianopolis and the mythical Brasilian blonde. Make sure you do plenty of research. Many guys here meet Southern Brasilian working girls in Sao Paulo and comment how awesome the South must be when they actually have no experience down there. I imagine there are beaches and beautiful Brasilians, but the mongering scene seems to be sparse. ISG doesn't receive a lot of reports.

Your search for a wingman is a good idea. I don't know how open Floripa women are to foreigners with no Porto language. As a general rule, Brasilian blonde non-pros who know English are going to take a lot more game.

I'm curious. Why have you ruled out the Northeast? Are you interested in blondes?I think I maybe have been lured by Florianopolis and the lack of information on it. A wing-man is a good idea in my opinion as you can share stories as well as being safer. I am not interested in blondes specifically but I am attracted to them, Latinas and all other types.

WyattEarp
11-30-17, 17:49
The formula 1 drivers just got held up by gunpoint in Brazil, this will be international news. I also just read recently that Brazil's tourism has dropped 30% this year because of news like this about violence. I did notice that for the upcoming summer season hotels in Rio are going for a good price but airfares are still very high and I can see that the planes are not full. But in comparison the summer season for Europe the airfares are better and the planes are more full. I can't imagine why they are holding the airfares to Brazil still so high. Personally I'm ok because I will be using points but if the airfares were better I might have bought instead.Don't understand why Brazilian airfares from the States are so high. When the Brazilian economy was down in the dumps last cycle early to mid 2000's, the airlines sold deeply discounted tickets through ticket consolidators like 1-800-BACCRIO, bacctravel.com and brol.com. I'm not sure that business model is in operation anymore where the airlines sell empty seats quietly.

Rather than deeply discount tickets, I think the airlines simply now lower frequent flyer mileage award requirements for Brazil travel. They make a frequent flyer happy and they get some miles out of circulation. That's what me thinks.

If anyone knows of a backdoor to buying cheap air tickets to Brazil, I think everyone would love to hear more.

Exec Talent
01-19-18, 21:12
In the Rio reporting thread a member mentioned bringing chocolates to a brothel owner. He also mentioned her by name.

Brazilians of all the people I have encountered in the world, have a knack for remembering names. I am good at this because I have worked at it and conscious of the importance (Dale Carnegie), however, Brazilians, regardless of where I meet them always use my name several times during our discussions. My point is to not always think in terms of money. Learning the language, remembering and using names, small thoughtful gifts can open doors money never will. People ask me all the time how to succeed with non-pros. It often starts with having being nice. When I was in Spain the locals, who I just met, took me to after hours clubs and introduced me to their female friends. In Japan, I have been to many places gaijins never see. Often the guys who really have it going on are not the ones bragging about what they did to whom and how many times, but the guys who give you insights on human behavior.

I miss the old Chicklet lady from Help.

FuckAfMedDig
01-21-18, 12:07
I've got to give Brazil a huge compliment. I have been using all the cupid sites for 3 years plus and have spoken to maybe 800+ ladies from BR. Only 2 asked for financial assistance. 2 Out Of 800!Colombian girls also never asked. African sites, Dominican sites and here in UK all did frequently. The Brazilians restore my faith online. Have met so many good people through there who wouldn't dream of soliciting online. DRCupid I met one good one looool- I think the countries with a stronger national identity and culture help avoid the I want to find a gringo and move syndrome. Sure Brazilians want to but many don't. Povertbplays a part and also opportunism. I'm proud to say I have gotten 4 girls banned from cupid sites as they were so deceitful I wanted to spare others the hassle LOL. Abraços.

Mr Enternational
01-21-18, 15:17
I've got to give Brazil a huge compliment. I have been using all the cupid sites for 3 years plus and have spoken to maybe 800+ ladies from BR. Only 2 asked for financial assistance. 2 Out Of 800!You are preaching to the choir brother. Last time I sent a chick home in an Uber and she asked me how much she needed to pay him. When another chick came in Uber she was looking for change to pay the driver. I'm like it is already paid! Then there are plenty of chicks that have come from all over Brazil to see me in Rio using their own money.

Dominicans want you to wire money to them before they come across town to see you. Usually under the guise of beautifying themselves for you, they tell you to send them $100 when it only costs $10 to do their hair $5 to take a taxi to you.

I have been on cupid for 13 years. Wouldn't have it any other way when traveling through Latin America. Shit, have even met some chicks in the USA on the site.

FuckAfMedDig
01-21-18, 17:18
You are preaching to the choir brother. Last time I sent a chick home in an Uber and she asked me how much she needed to pay him. When another chick came in Uber she was looking for change to pay the driver. I'm like it is already paid! Then there are plenty of chicks that have come from all over Brazil to see me in Rio using their own money.

Dominicans want you to wire money to them before they come across town to see you. Usually under the guise of beautifying themselves for you, they tell you to send them $100 when it only costs $10 to do their hair $5 to take a taxi to you.

I have been on cupid for 13 years. Wouldn't have it any other way when traveling through Latin America. Shit, have even met some chicks in the USA on the site.I really find the dominican attitude off putting. Met 2 good hearted ones but the rest are too quick to ask, take etc I know they are poor but it kills my vibe a bit. They are absolutely stunning but seems like they are in USA's shadow and it's pimp or get pimped. I much prefer Brazilian girls' Vibe. Colombians were cool too-more looking for a novio.

Rio Bob
01-31-18, 22:01
http://www.vfsglobal.com/Brazil-eVisa/faqs.html

New e visa good for 2 years at $40.

Gagoo
02-03-18, 06:01

New e visa good for 2 years at $40.I seen this from Facebook on "The Points Guy". I wonder if anyone has tried it. I would have been to Brazil many times if I didn't need a visa. I only went to Brazil during the Olympics and I didn't need a visa.

Mr Enternational
02-03-18, 08:52
I seen this from Facebook on "The Points Guy". I wonder if anyone has tried it. I would have been to Brazil many times if I didn't need a visa. I only went to Brazil during the Olympics and I didn't need a visa.I have a friend that got his yesterday. Looks just like the normal one except you print it out, cut it out, and I guess paste it in your passport yourself.

Gagoo
02-03-18, 09:32
I have a friend that got his yesterday. Looks just like the normal one except you print it out, cut it out, and I guess paste it in your passport yourself.Thanks for the info. I wish they did that sooner though.

Gristle1
02-04-18, 00:19

New e visa good for 2 years at $40.I got mine yesterday. You don't paste it. You just print it out and bring it with you to check in for your flight and to passport control once you enter.

Exec Talent
02-21-18, 01:15
I saw an advertisement for Preparation H with Lidocaine and had a good chuckle. I remember when all the girls in the termas would use it rather than disappoint a guy who asked for anal and was a little larger than average. Maybe this is something you guys who bring chocolate and Victoria's Secret can add to the GDP trade list!

Phuket90
02-25-18, 14:57
I'm planing to go to Rio.

Does anybody know about Freelancer Discos in Rio?

What is the easiest way to find a Lady for the first night in RDJ?

Thanks.

Papi Muy Rico
03-16-18, 10:30
The thread Reais vs US $ is way outdated so I'll ask here.

Where do I get a good exchange rate in Rio (preferably in Copa), without compromising your security? Haven't been in Rio for quite some time.

The Cane
03-16-18, 19:15
Anybody else following the story around the killing of Marielle Franco? I had not heard of her until this thing happened. Rio feels like the unlawful wild, wild West about now!

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/south-america/2018/03/marielle-franco-s-death-emblem-violence-against-brazil-s-poor-and-black

WyattEarp
03-16-18, 19:33

Where do I get a good exchange rate in Rio (preferably in Copa), without compromising your security? Haven't been in Rio for quite some time.The general rule has been to use an ATM card during daylight hours in a highly congested area.

If you don't have one already, find an ATM card that doesn't charge FX fees and gives you so many free withdrawals per month anywhere in the world.

Unless your apartment or hotel room has a safe, it's problematic to bring a lot of cash.

Sperto
03-16-18, 22:32
The general rule has been to use an ATM card during daylight hours in a highly congested area.

If you don't have one already, find an ATM card that doesn't charge FX fees and gives you so many free withdrawals per month anywhere in the world.

Unless your apartment or hotel room has a safe, it's problematic to bring a lot of cash.Without you getting offended as always, reread his question "Where to exchange your US $ in Rio?" ATM doesn't exchange cash.
Maybe the urge to write Something was too strong?

WyattEarp
03-17-18, 02:31
Without you getting offended as always, reread his question "Where to exchange your US $ in Rio?" ATM doesn't exchange cash.
Maybe the urge to write Something was too strong?To rephrase, no cambio offers a better exchange rate than drawing down cash from a local bank ATM. I was unaware that on the Rio Board that Papi said he was leaving in the next day. Many travelers think they have to bring cash and that they will get a better rate from a cambio.

Houston Player
03-17-18, 03:24
To rephrase, no cambio offers a better exchange rate than drawing down cash from a local bank ATM. I was unaware that on the Rio Board that Papi said he was leaving in the next day. Many travelers think they have to bring cash and that they will get a better rate from a cambio.Sir I must correct you. In Rio cash is king you will get a better rate for $100 bills than any ATM will give you. The cambios pay a bonus so you will exchange with them. This is not true in any other Brazilian city that I'm aware of but in Rio CASH is king.

WyattEarp
03-17-18, 03:36
Sir I must correct you. In Rio cash is king you will get a better rate for $100 bills than any ATM will give you. The cambios pay a bonus so you will exchange with them. This is not true in any other Brazilian city that I'm aware of but in Rio CASH is king.Good to know that about Rio. I feel I get good rates with my ATM card on the day it's recorded. Brazil has always had some bizarre exchange regulations.

Houston Player
03-17-18, 03:43

Where do I get a good exchange rate in Rio (preferably in Copa), without compromising your security? Haven't been in Rio for quite some time.Papi, you have received several answers in the Reports thread but I'll offer my advice here because I think this forum is more appropriate. Currently the best cash exchange rate for US $100 bills are the three cambios right next to each other on Nossa Senhora close to the Copacabana Palace Hotel. Two of the cambios have their rates posted and the third gives equally good rates. These 3 cambios are competing for your business so you can always try to negotiate if you want. They generally offer. 10 above the current bank rate. So if the ATM is giving 3. 28 they will give 3. 38.

Exec Talent
03-17-18, 17:44
I think maybe we need a separate thread titled Gentlemen.

Some of us are more interested in relationships than always getting the best deal on each and every transaction.

Some of us would rather spend more to be with a woman in a relaxing comfortable environment than see how cheaply we can bust a nut while standing up trying to avoid the last guy's splooge.

Not sure I always got the best rate, but used to enjoy sitting with the old Syrian guy in the backroom of the exchange place on NS near Ronald de Carvalho. We used to talk about the Middle East, the economy and I would bring him pens from the US to check for counterfeit bills. As for the old Chiclet lady, I have a picture of her giving me a big hug. Yeah, I used to overpay for Chiclets, too.

Oh, I still have some free entrance passes from Cancun and my personal locker key from Monte Carlo. Probably over tipped the locker-room attendant there as well.

Bobby always treated me just fine. His laundry was never overpriced for me, but then again, I used to bring him boxes of dryer sheets from the US.

Please do not tell me I didn't need to go back in the kitchen and tip the cooks at Carretão. Bad habits die hard.

But, hey, over the years I have saved tons of money using https://www.guiademoteis.com.br/..

Though even the love motels appreciate relationships and regular customers. Usually they would upgrade me to the penthouse or a larger room for the same price.

Big Bossman
03-18-18, 16:10
Going to Sao Paulo for the first time, March 28 - April 7. Started via application late, my bad, so waiting for expedited service to come through.

1) Is the holiday going to bring things to a crawl?

2) What kind of attire can I wear there? Is it hot enough to be walking around in shorts? And how about when going to the clubs? . Jeans are better?

3) I hear conflicting reports on cash versus using the ATM. If I bring cash, are larger bills ($50, $100) better than smaller ($20, $10)?

4) I love discovering cities, even beyond the girls. If you have any tips (eateries, particular spots to be sure to visit, any football games going on) please share.

Thanks, brothers.

Travv
03-22-18, 18:24
"Sao Paulo—With "jewel-tone eyes," blond hair and a "smattering of light freckles," Othello looks nothing like most Brazilians, the majority of whom are black or mixed-race. Yet the "Caucasian" American cashier, described in those terms by the Seattle Sperm Bank and known as Donor 9601, is one of the sperm providers most often requested by wealthy Brazilian women importing the DNA of young USA Men at unprecedented rates.

Everyone wants a "pretty kid" and for many parents in Brazil, where prejudice often runs deep, that means "the white biotype—light-colored eyes and skin," said Susy Pommer, a 28-year-old data analyst from São Paulo who decided to get pregnant last year after a breast-cancer scare left her eager to raise a child right away with her partner, Priscilla. Sperm buyers in Brazil, which is more than 50% black or mixed-race, have an overwhelming preference for white, blue-eyed donors.

Money is also a factor setting parameters for the DNA import boom. Carefully categorized and genetically vetted sperm from USA Providers has to be procured from Brazilian fertility clinics at a cost of some $1,500 a vial, often as part of an in vitro fertilization procedure that costs roughly $7,000 an attempt. Whites are more likely able to afford that in a country where about 80% of the richest 1% are white, according to Brazil's statistics agency.

Imports are rising in part because many Brazilians simply don't trust the national product. Unlike in the USA, it is illegal to pay men to donate their sperm here, so domestic stocks are low and information about Brazilian donors sparse. . .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-mixed-race-brazil-sperm-imports-from-u-s-whites-are-booming-1521711000

Personal donors wanted in Brazil by women. LOL.

Exec Talent
03-22-18, 21:26
"Sao PauloWith "jewel-tone eyes," blond hair and a "smattering of light freckles," Othello looks nothing like most Brazilians, the majority of whom are black or mixed-race. Yet the "Caucasian" American cashier, described in those terms by the Seattle Sperm Bank and known as Donor 9601, is one of the sperm providers most often requested by wealthy Brazilian women importing the DNA of young USA Men at unprecedented rates.

Everyone wants a "pretty kid" and for many parents in Brazil, where prejudice often runs deep, that means "the white biotypelight-colored eyes and skin," said Susy Pommer, a 28-year-old data analyst from So Paulo who decided to get pregnant last year after a breast-cancer scare left her eager to raise a child right away with her partner, Priscilla. Sperm buyers in Brazil, which is more than 50% black or mixed-race, have an overwhelming preference for white, blue-eyed donors.

Money is also a factor setting parameters for the DNA import boom. Carefully categorized and genetically vetted sperm from USA Providers has to be procured from Brazilian fertility clinics at a cost of some $1,500 a vial, often as part of an in vitro fertilization procedure that costs roughly $7,000 an attempt..Sperto and I have been making donations for years!

A few years back, the top girl at MC took an interest in me. She had a great place but always wanted to stay at mine. Never charged me either but always wanted to do it without a condom. Not one to go gentle into that good night, I had to ask. Her answer was she wanted a fair skinned, blond blue-green eyed baby. She even started discussing genetics and probabilities. Never underestimate a Brazilian woman's commitment to get what she wants.

JerseyAjc
03-25-18, 13:35
I really find the dominican attitude off putting. Met 2 good hearted ones but the rest are too quick to ask, take etc I know they are poor but it kills my vibe a bit. They are absolutely stunning but seems like they are in USA's shadow and it's pimp or get pimped. I much prefer Brazilian girls' Vibe. Colombians were cool too-more looking for a novio.I just posted my report for my trip to Sosua DR for valentines day under the Dominican forum and Sosua reports. I agree 100%. I did some chatting with chicks on Dominican cupid and all but one asked me to wire money from $100 upwards. I found it obnoxious and humorous that some guys were actually stupid enough to wire money to a woman they never met. Not how I roll. The one that didn't ask me to wire money, was beating around and probably about to do so when I told her how I felt cupid was a waste of time because all it has were women asking me to send them money. She probably would have asked if I didn't stop her in her tracks. I never met up with any of the woman on Dominican cupid and would not suggest a person waste their money on joining the site. I have had good experiences using Colombian cupid and have met up with some nice normal chicks on Colombian cupid. Have not used Brazil cupid but years ago when I did a lot of travel in Brazil, I used a site called parperfeito.com which I think is also called datingplace.com. I speak Portuguese. Most women on the site don't speak English. For me that was a great site. I met many good looking women that were normal chicks all over Brazil on the site and it was well worth the investment in money and time. If it is still around, I Would highly recommend it for any Portuguese speaking guys that want to meet normal chicks. I met several good long term girl friends on the site that included a dentist and also a lawyer. Just my two cents having logged lots of time in Brazil from 2001-2011 as many as 6-8 trips a year. BTW the Brazil and Colombian women beat out the DR chicks hands down both normal and pros.

Mr Enternational
03-25-18, 21:41
A couple of weeks ago I bought some tickets on Gol's website for me and my girlfriend to go to Fernando de Noronha next month. My bank just called and said someone tried to use the same Visa card at a restaurant in Brazil for $426! Two days ago someone tried to use a clone of my Amex Platinum a few places. The day before that my girlfriend in Colombia had a clone of her card used for $200, but unlike mine they took the money from her account. The transactions they tried with mine were not approved.

Exec Talent
03-26-18, 06:18
Looks like this got misposted to the wrong thread.

Hi guys,

Rio looks like fun place for mongors.

I am planning my trip around the month of September, I can't speak any south american languages.

Please help me with which airport to land and if any one knows an apartment on beach for 2 weeks and tour guide and lady companion as a package.

Will be appreciated. I am coming from Sydney, Australia.

Thanks,

Kevin.Glad to help anyway I can. Have been shown nothing but kindness during my visits to Sydney and from Australians around the world. Happy to return the favors. I have many English speaking contacts on the ground in Rio who can assist with your stay. During one of my early trips I had a live-in English speaking maid and guide. Not sure if those arrangements still exist, but I can check. Many larger apartments have maid quarters.

FuckAfMedDig
03-26-18, 23:02
I just posted my report for my trip to Sosua DR for valentines day under the Dominican forum and Sosua reports. I agree 100%. I did some chatting with chicks on Dominican cupid and all but one asked me to wire money from $100 upwards. I found it obnoxious and humorous that some guys were actually stupid enough to wire money to a woman they never met. Not how I roll. The one that didn't ask me to wire money, was beating around and probably about to do so when I told her how I felt cupid was a waste of time because all it has were women asking me to send them money. She probably would have asked if I didn't stop her in her tracks. I never met up with any of the woman on Dominican cupid and would not suggest a person waste their money on joining the site. I have had good experiences using Colombian cupid and have met up with some nice normal chicks on Colombian cupid. Have not used Brazil cupid but years ago when I did a lot of travel in Brazil, I used a site called parperfeito.com which I think is also called datingplace.com. I speak Portuguese. Most women on the site don't speak English. For me that was a great site. I met many good looking women that were normal chicks all over Brazil on the site and it was well worth the investment in money and time. If it is still around, I Would highly recommend it for any Portuguese speaking guys that want to meet normal chicks. I met several good long term girl friends on the site that included a dentist and also a lawyer. Just my two cents having logged lots of time in Brazil from 2001-2011 as many as 6-8 trips a year. BTW the Brazil and Colombian women beat out the DR chicks hands down both normal and pros.Hahahah I'm glad someone got some love from parferfeito! I get the old ugly birds but on the cupid sites I win and have since I first set foot in rio 5 years ago-has saved my trips many times-you are spot on-I can't stand DR chicks. So hot but mentality all wrong-Brazil and Then Colombia.

Mr Enternational
04-23-18, 15:04
I just arrived in Rio and used the ATM at the airport. I got 3.49 reais for 1 usd. The XE app on my phone says the current rate is 3.44. My ATM card is from Schwab in the USA. The best rate from guys I know that change money at the airport was 3.20.

P.S. There was a 24 real charge from the ATM, but my bank reimburses that. Max for the machine was R$1000 per transaction.

The Cane
04-23-18, 18:43
A couple of weeks ago I bought some tickets on Gol's website for me and my girlfriend to go to Fernando de Noronha next month. My bank just called and said someone tried to use the same Visa card at a restaurant in Brazil for $426! Two days ago someone tried to use a clone of my Amex Platinum a few places. The day before that my girlfriend in Colombia had a clone of her card used for $200, but unlike mine they took the money from her account. The transactions they tried with mine were not approved.Said it a thousand times I guess, but I'll say it again. When in Brazil, I stick with dealing in cash as much as possible! I guess the first time I get held up, I'll change my tune. But until then!

FuckAfMedDig
04-24-18, 19:39
Said it a thousand times I guess, but I'll say it again. When in Brazil, I stick with dealing in cash as much as possible! I guess the first time I get held up, I'll change my tune. But until then!I NEVER USE CC IN Brazil.

If I'm going to buy a plane ticket to import a girl from out of state or for me to fly to visit one of my ficantes, I buy it on Expedia as I'm a club member so I use same details to pay they already have and its insured against fraud.

Brazil is deep with fraud so of course the common man on the street level does his or her share as well.

Cash rules everything around me.

Nordico
04-24-18, 21:44
Brazil is deep with fraud so of course the common man on the street level does his or her share as well.Maybe it's not the man in the street who can clone your chip card, but here is how the smart guys do it. https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/chip-n-pin-cloning/21502/.

Deldarunna
04-24-18, 22:14
I went to a restaurant in Copacabana, two hours later I am getting all sorts of alerts from my bank. This happened in the beginning of the month. I am still sorting it out. As other members say stick with cash in Brazil.

FuckAfMedDig
04-25-18, 02:53
I went to a restaurant in Copacabana, two hours later I am getting all sorts of alerts from my bank. This happened in the beginning of the month. I am still sorting it out. As other members say stick with cash in Brazil.Like I said the common man does it too-skims the CC-the waiters sell the info on the dark web-the store clerk swipes the card and then doesn't work there anymore etc. Come on.

The most known scam spot was Shopping Leblon! Loool In the richest area but makes perfect sense-the rich won't miss a few thousand so lets swipe their shit.

Cash only fellas. Plus everywhere is cheaper with cash as shops, putarias etc avoid paying sales tax or tax period if the transaction never officially happened! You know the rules.

Shige
04-26-18, 08:37
I came across this deal normally $7.99 free at moment.

I don't own android phone so I haven't try it but 4. 7 rating.

I thought this might help someone going to Brazil.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mosalingua.pt

QuackUp
04-29-18, 06:36
Just got back from an 11 day trip to Rio and Sao Paulo with 3 days down due to getting sick. I always have a great time in Brazil but for some reason, this one was more special. This trip was like going back in time when I first started to come to Brazil. I had one girl at t65 who didn't want a drink even though I offered multiple times, before and after the deed. Also because I'm alot older now, I would usually get numbers from girls if I asked. Back in the day, I never had to ask, they would just hand out their number and would beg me to call them. This trip, I had at least 4 girls giving me their numbers without asking which made me feel great. Before I left L. A. I checked to see if there would be any holidays during my time there. The calendar didn't show anything but on April 25, a Monday, Centro was deserted so I then knew there must be some kind of holiday. So even planning ahead for Brazil, always expect the unexpected. Fortunately I was sick on that day and stayed in bed so it didn't really affect me. From Gig to Santo Dumont airport I took the bus but it wasn't on the 2145 like last time. Before getting on the 2145 bus just to confirm I asked the driver if he was going to Santo Dumont and he said no that they changed the route and to take the bus in front. So got on the other bus and confirmed with the driver that he was going to Santo Dumont. Cost was are-$15.00. In the proper threads I won't be writing a day by day but just where I went to with some comments and star rating.

DJ FourMoney
05-07-18, 00:02
Hahahah I'm glad someone got some love from parferfeito! I get the old ugly birds but on the cupid sites I win and have since I first set foot in rio 5 years ago-has saved my trips many times-you are spot on-I can't stand DR chicks. So hot but mentality all wrong-Brazil and Then Colombia.I tried parperfeito.com and latineuro.

Didn't really turn up anything before I went so I didn't use it while in-country. LatinEuro turn up a few leads but I ended up with -.

1) Boyfriend answered in Portuguese, responded in English when I did. I told him what I was doing and that I would notify LE of the change, he say okay and hung up.

There's a trend here.

2) My personal favorite. I tried to call but I got her in Whatsapp actually. She then told me she's been married to a local for two years and has informed LE to remove her profile but they haven't it. Last time I looked I think it was still there (late 2017).

3) Answered her phone in Portuguese, said something else and then nothing.

When I told another Brazilian this, he said "Why aren't you using Tinder?" I thought Tinder doesn't work in Brazil. A quick Google search told me that Tinder is regional. So if you turn it on in Brazil you get Brazilians who have made profiles on there. It's a very acceptable way to meet people in Brazil as this person's own mother was on Tinder, maybe that says how young he was (early 20's).

My next trip which I am looking after Sept of this year I am just going to use Tinder in-country and may give Latin Euro another shot. You are encouraged to go deep into the website since when the site is updated older profile are pushed back but obvious that sort of works and sort of doesn't. Most of the women on my favorites list have been there since 2008-2009, it's my fault. If I wanted #2 I should have went after her when I found her profile.

Mr Enternational
05-07-18, 03:15
My next trip which I am looking after Sept of this year I am just going to use Tinder in-country and may give Latin Euro another shot.Latin Euro? That thing still exists? You are short changing yourself if you are not using the Cupid sites.

Exec Talent
05-12-18, 09:18
I have given this advice before and I will give it again. It is best if you select a coordinator and let her pick the girls subject to your approval. What has worked for me in the past is a termas girl with whom most of the other girls get along. You do not necessarily have to be all that excited about doing her, but her directing the other girls will make a lot of difference in your experience. Speaking of, if you have not done multiple girls before, pace yourself. This is the other reason you want the girls to get along. You cannot be everywhere at once. If you have certain fantasies, like the CFNM Dancing Bear fantasy, this is the time to get them all in. I have fond memories of a certain black chair with arm rests large enough for a girl to do downward-facing dog on each arm (see Rio Bob's Posts, it was in an apartment he also rented). Just like in Clerks, girls don't talk about it, but they do go Ass to Mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zCwVOT1U4

Which brings up another point. The girls often will do things in private that they will not do with other girls watching. Your coordinator can help with their comfort level.

You also should have an idea about Brazilian women's taste in porn. That, however, is a discussion for another day.

Mangera
05-12-18, 21:05
I have given this advice before and I will give it again. It is best if you select a coordinator and let her pick the girls subject to your approval. What has worked for me in the past is a termas girl with whom most of the other girls get along. You do not necessarily have to be all that excited about doing her, but her directing the other girls will make a lot of difference in your experience. Speaking of, if you have not done multiple girls before, pace yourself. This is the other reason you want the girls to get along. You cannot be everywhere at once. If you have certain fantasies, like the CFNM Dancing Bear fantasy, this is the time to get them all in. I have fond memories of a certain black chair with arm rests large enough for a girl to do downward-facing dog on each arm (see Rio Bob's Posts, it was in an apartment he also rented). Just like in Clerks, girls don't talk about it, but they do go Ass to Mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zCwVOT1U4

Which brings up another point. The girls often will do things in private that they will not do with other girls watching. Your coordinator can help with their comfort level.

You also should have an idea about Brazilian women's taste in porn. That, however, is a discussion for another day.All of my successful threesomes have resulted from choosing a gal who will coordinate. I usually have done this with gals that already know me, and that I trust. I like adventure, and shooting from the hip, sort of speak. However, more often than not, it does not work well with threesomes.

DJ FourMoney
05-13-18, 02:21
Latin Euro? That thing still exists? You are short changing yourself if you are not using the Cupid sites.You mean Brazilian Cupid? I've been on there for awhile. Guess I should use it huh? LOL.

WyattEarp
05-13-18, 03:32
I have given this advice before and I will give it again. It is best if you select a coordinator and let her pick the girls subject to your approval. What has worked for me in the past is a termas girl with whom most of the other girls get along. You do not necessarily have to be all that excited about doing her, but her directing the other girls will make a lot of difference in your experience.Absolutely great advice. Yes, there are termas girls who are the alpha females. They are the social connectors of the hive. She will generally know who's very comfortable and fun in the group scene. It's kind of fun to watch a "coordinator" scan the room for fun girls and start saying her, her, her, no not her. There also good at getting all the girls in a cab / uber and over to your apartment.

Obviously if your group doesn't speak Portuguese very well, it really helps to have a coordinator who speaks English.

Exec Talent
05-23-18, 00:57
For some of you considering Brazil and wondering what it is like, check out the girls on these sites.

https://www.xvideos.com/tags/mike-in-brazil

https://www.pornhub.com/video/search?search=mike+in+Brazil.

Some of us have even been lucky enough to experience a few of the girls up close and personal.

There are some festas, outdoor scenes and views from around town.

Eszpresszo
05-26-18, 23:16
For some of you considering Brazil and wondering what it is like, check out the girls on these sites.

https://www.xvideos.com/tags/mike-in-brazil

https://www.pornhub.com/video/search?search=mike+in+Brazil.

Some of us have even been lucky enough to experience a few of the girls up close and personal.

There are some festas, outdoor scenes and views from around town.Thanks for reaching out to the curious. As someone who has always been curious about Brazil and contemplating travel there since the early 80's, I would finally like to establish a time frame for a visit. Big factors preventing have always been high airfares (at least from my region) combined with an expensive visa (It was $50 in the early 80's which seemed outrageous, as it was a day's pay after taxes.) and other distractions (Colombia, Thailand, Bali). When you can fly to Southeast Asia for $653 round trip on a good airline, can you blame me?

That said, I have a few basic questions about Brazil that will benefit most anyone unfamiliar with the country, so forgive me if they have been asked before.

Besides the popular mongering destinations of Rio and Sao Paolo, what are the other great places to monger in? I know the two biggest cities will seem the most obvious. But as I have noticed, larger cities are of course harder to navigate without a good infrastructure that is accommodating to the visitor. Kuala Lumpur is an example of a sprawling metropolitan area that has an excellent public transport system that a moron could figure out. Rio and Sao Paolo? I don't know. When it comes to mongering, urban sprawl can be a kill joy. Also both cities are known for high levels of crime and places where the tourist has to be careful. I'd prefer not to have those risks and have to constantly look over my shoulder. Another problem with larger cities is that the residents tend to be less friendly than the provincial people (you can see this most everywhere in the world) and they don't reflect the national character all that well (Would you judge the Brits based on a visit to London, or Americans on who you met in New York or Los Angeles?

Another reason I am curious about the second-tier cities is the things I have seen written about them here and elsewhere. Belo Horizonte has been noted here as having great mongering opportunities and I've read elsewhere the women are above average in appearance. Fortaleza also has gotten accolades. But besides mongering, one needs to consider the other things about a town that make it worth visiting: cuisine, recreation, nightlife, scenery, cultural attractions, etc. At 60 years, I can't fuck all day and need something to do besides monger. Maybe I had not read up well enough on Rio and Sao Paolo, but they aren't exactly lauded for having much of those things, except maybe clubs and beaches. But, what do I know? I'm sure there are good reasons that mongers choose SP and Rio. But, I suspect part of it could be that is where their international flight lands.

Mind you, I have mongered in 11 cities in 7 nations in recent history. So, I'm not a newbie monger and I prefer new adventures over returning to destinations that are familiar. But, I would appreciate opinions about the most popular places versus those that are under appreciated.

Exec Talent
05-28-18, 21:15
Brazilians are really in an uproar at the moment.

Truckers have been on strike over fuel prices and goods are not moving.

No food. No medicines. No going anywhere.

What is available, is highly inflated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/brazilian-leader-bows-to-truckers-demands-but-strike-continues-to-cause-chaos/2018/05/28/817d8022-628a-11e8-81ca-bb14593acaa6_story.html

(Washington Post allows a limited number of free views, so if you do not see the story do a search on Trucker Strike Brazil).

Be aware of this situation as you make your travel plans.

Exec Talent
05-28-18, 23:01
Being with multiple women at the same time can be a blast. Just ask Ronaldinho. Though after a day or two the novelty for most of us would wear off.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-ronaldinhos-two-wives-meet-12588078

Having experienced many, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are: tired, drunk, not freshly showered, not good with one woman, don't like eating pussy. While these events can just spontaneously come together, one of the best I had was when floor full of girls all decided to invade the room I was in at an Eros Center in Frankfurt, most of the time you want to plan, even when there is only two.

Speaking of eating pussy. You really do not want to ask a girl that question directly unless you can do it in a humorous way because they all are going to say they do. Until they don't. If you are in a termas or club, ask them if they like girls and don't let on you are interested in a threesome. If you are getting urged to take two girls, put their heads together and watch them kiss. If they say something like they don't do that in public. Pass. Trust me you are going to need full participation from all parties. New guys may not know this but the goal often is to see how fast they can make you come. If you normally pop the cork early with one girl, imagine with two. So, sit back, relax and get your face right in there while they go at each other. My house rule is everybody comes at least once. And, like when money miraculously appears in the tip jar at the bar, make some noise.

Brazilians love their fun mixed with their sex or is it their sex mixed with their fun? Anyway, the more fun they have, the more fun you will have. You know you have done it right when an all-nighter ends at 3:00 in the afternoon when they have to get ready for work.

Combo
05-29-18, 00:48
Thanks for reaching out to the curious. As someone who has always been curious about Brazil and contemplating travel there since the early 80's, I would finally like to establish a time frame for a visit. Big factors preventing have always been high airfares (at least from my region) combined with an expensive visa (It was $50 in the early 80's which seemed outrageous, as it was a day's pay after taxes.) and other distractions (Colombia, Thailand, Bali). When you can fly to Southeast Asia for $653 round trip on a good airline, can you blame me?

That said, I have a few basic questions about Brazil that will benefit most anyone unfamiliar with the country, so forgive me if they have been asked before.

Besides the popular mongering destinations of Rio and Sao Paolo, what are the other great places to monger in? I know the two biggest cities will seem the most obvious. But as I have noticed, larger cities are of course harder to navigate without a good infrastructure that is accommodating to the visitor. Kuala Lumpur is an example of a sprawling metropolitan area that has an excellent public transport system that a moron could figure out. Rio and Sao Paolo? I don't know. When it comes to mongering, urban sprawl can be a kill joy. Also both cities are known for high levels of crime and places where the tourist has to be careful. I'd prefer not to have those risks and have to constantly look over my shoulder. Another problem with larger cities is that the residents tend to be less friendly than the provincial people (you can see this most everywhere in the world) and they don't reflect the national character all that well (Would you judge the Brits based on a visit to London, or Americans on who you met in New York or Los Angeles?

Another reason I am curious about the second-tier cities is the things I have seen written about them here and elsewhere. Belo Horizonte has been noted here as having great mongering opportunities and I've read elsewhere the women are above average in appearance. Fortaleza also has gotten accolades. But besides mongering, one needs to consider the other things about a town that make it worth visiting: cuisine, recreation, nightlife, scenery, cultural attractions, etc. At 60 years, I can't fuck all day and need something to do besides monger. Maybe I had not read up well enough on Rio and Sao Paolo, but they aren't exactly lauded for having much of those things, except maybe clubs and beaches. But, what do I know? I'm sure there are good reasons that mongers choose SP and Rio. But, I suspect part of it could be that is where their international flight lands.

Mind you, I have mongered in 11 cities in 7 nations in recent history. So, I'm not a newbie monger and I prefer new adventures over returning to destinations that are familiar. But, I would appreciate opinions about the most popular places versus those that are under appreciated.Unless you have a lot of time on the ground, I'd just go to Rio or maybe Sao Paulo. While English isn't common in Brasil, it's going to be even less common outside those two cities. The good thing about Rio is there's plenty to do outside of boning Garotas. It's one of the most spectacular cities in the World -- right up there with Sydney or Cape Town. Plus it's really not that hard to navigate. Lots of stuff is in Copacabana and Ipanema, which are walkable. And to hit the Centro termas, the Metro is very easy and convenient. Very doable for a first-time visit with no Portuguese.

Sao Paulo is loaded with cultural attractions and fantastic restaurants. It's like the New York of S America. It is however, an absolute pain in the ass to get around.

I must also add -- I've never seen a city with the quality and quantity of hot-looking women that Sao Paolo has. I've been to all the well-known destinations for our hobby and nothing comes close IMO.

One other thing to consider -- if you go to Fortaleza, Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte, etc, you're very likely to have to connect through Sao Paulo.

Mangera
05-29-18, 03:16
Brazilians are really in an uproar at the moment.

Truckers have been on strike over fuel prices and goods are not moving.

No food. No medicines. No going anywhere.

What is available, is highly inflated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/brazilian-leader-bows-to-truckers-demands-but-strike-continues-to-cause-chaos/2018/05/28/817d8022-628a-11e8-81ca-bb14593acaa6_story.html

(Washington Post allows a limited number of free views, so if you do not see the story do a search on Trucker Strike Brazil).

Be aware of this situation as you make your travel plans.I will be arriving in Rio in a couple of weeks. I really hope that truck driver strike is resolved completely by then. The dollar is fetching a good return rate at the moment. However, there goes the savings with this current problem. Thats Brazil for you!

Eszpresszo
05-30-18, 04:40
Unless you have a lot of time on the ground, I'd just go to Rio or maybe Sao Paulo. While English isn't common in Brasil, it's going to be even less common outside those two cities. The good thing about Rio is there's plenty to do outside of boning Garotas. It's one of the most spectacular cities in the World -- right up there with Sydney or Cape Town. Plus it's really not that hard to navigate. Lots of stuff is in Copacabana and Ipanema, which are walkable. And to hit the Centro termas, the Metro is very easy and convenient. Very doable for a first-time visit with no Portuguese. Thanks for your helpful-input. I ask because lets face it, Rio has a long standing reputation for a lot of things, mostly good that are projected by the media as well as travel industry entities that have something for you to sell. As I have traveled quite a (bit though I'm bit new to South America) I have found that many places that are well presented in the media don't completely live up to their hype.

Thanks again and any other input from board members would be appreciated.

Rio Bob
05-31-18, 14:37
Thanks for reaching out to the curious. As someone who has always been curious about Brazil and contemplating travel there since the early 80's, I would finally like to establish a time frame for a visit.

At 60 years, I can't fuck all day and need something to do besides monger. Maybe I had not read up well enough on Rio and Sao Paolo, but they aren't exactly lauded for having much of those things, except maybe clubs and beaches. But, what do I know? I'm sure there are good reasons that mongers choose SP and Rio. But, I suspect part of it could be that is where their international flight lands.

It's a blessing and will save you lots of money LOL. Rio is a good option for this type of Monger, get a nice hotel right in front of the beach that is girl friendly and has a great pool. Spend your days sitting at the pool or going to the beach like the other tourists in the hotel. Then in the evening go out and find something to fuck either by hitting the various bars in Copacabana or calling in an escort for a couple of hours. Repeat this daily until you need a rest then take a day off and go to Ipanema at night and mingle with the locals in the bars and restaurants, who knows you might even get lucky.

Combo
05-31-18, 23:48
It's a blessing and will save you lots of money LOL. Rio is a good option for this type of Monger, get a nice hotel right in front of the beach that is girl friendly and has a great pool. Spend your days sitting at the pool or going to the beach like the other tourists in the hotel. Then in the evening go out and find something to fuck either by hitting the various bars in Copacabana or calling in an escort for a couple of hours. Repeat this daily until you need a rest then take a day off and go to Ipanema at night and mingle with the locals in the bars and restaurants, who knows you might even get lucky.I'd add hitting the termas late afternoon / early evening to that list. Must do for first time visitor. Same idea as FKKs, but girls are all Brasilian (= great performers).

Also surfing in Recreo (if you surf), hit some Bossa Nova clubs, walk all over Copa and Ipanema, Corcovado (statue of Cristo), Sugarloaf. Or just hang at the beach.

Rio may not be quite the hobbying destination that it was 15-20 years ago, but it still has an awful lot to offer. If you're there for over a week, you might as well also hit Sao Paulo. They are like a 30 minute flight from each other and tickets are super cheap. Fly into one city and fly out of the other. Sao Paulo will give you unparalleled quality and quantity.

WyattEarp
06-01-18, 02:02
Thanks for reaching out to the curious. As someone who has always been curious about Brazil and contemplating travel there since the early 80's, I would finally like to establish a time frame for a visit. Big factors preventing have always been high airfares (at least from my region) combined with an expensive visa (It was $50 in the early 80's which seemed outrageous, as it was a day's pay after taxes.) and other distractions (Colombia, Thailand, Bali). When you can fly to Southeast Asia for $653 round trip on a good airline, can you blame me?

Mind you, I have mongered in 11 cities in 7 nations in recent history. So, I'm not a newbie monger and I prefer new adventures over returning to destinations that are familiar. But, I would appreciate opinions about the most popular places versus those that are under appreciated.Rio is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Imagine if you took San Francisco and dropped it on Hawaii. A cosmopolitan bay city with tropical mountains and beaches. There is a lot to see and do. The comparisons of NYC to Sao Paulo are too simple. While Sao Paulo is a congested city like NYC, NYC has great theatre and museums. NYC is also an oceanfront city. I suppose Sao Paulo has some theatre in Portuguese.

Belo Horizonte is a fine city, but a single male might get bored outside mongering and eating. There is not much to do and see. You could take a day trip to Ouro Preto. Read the BH forum carefully, the mongering is not as prevalent as SP and RJ. While it's cheaper, it seems to be a bit downstream in quality. Many top BH girls go to SP and RJ to make money. There are some clubs with attractive locals, but without Portuguese speaking wingmen or any wingmen at all this will be a challenging environment.

Eszpresszo
06-02-18, 04:13
Thanks for all the feedback from all the board members. Its good a read some mongers' perspective beyond all the glossed over media depictions and the breezy verbiage of Lonely Planet. Now my next question is, what is the best time to travel in regards to ticket prices and general conditions? I understand the weather is always warm (or hot) in Rio, but I'd be curious what months some prefer for travel. I have read that Christmas, Carnival and Easter are busy periods, but March and May are nice, if not off season when it comes to hotels and air fare.

Back in the 90's, I talked to two experienced travel agents who both told me that an odd nuance of travel to South America was that the best fares were usually found at the last minute, though availability of seats was very uncertain and the traveler had to be on top of it. Whereas buying your ticket way in advance was guaranteed to get you the highest fare. Completely the opposite of travel to any other place.

But, that was before the internet disrupted the travel industry and brought yield management to your PC and your mobile device. Has anyone noticed a particular time frame when purchasing a ticket to GRU and GIG were optimum for pricing?

Member #4563
06-02-18, 11:55
Hi,

Any more popular Clasificados other then vivalocal?

Thanks.

Larry David
06-02-18, 17:10
Thanks for all the feedback from all the board members. Its good a read some mongers' perspective beyond all the glossed over media depictions and the breezy verbiage of Lonely Planet. Now my next question is, what is the best time to travel in regards to ticket prices and general conditions? I understand the weather is always warm (or hot) in Rio, but I'd be curious what months some prefer for travel. I have read that Christmas, Carnival and Easter are busy periods, but March and May are nice, if not off season when it comes to hotels and air fare.

Back in the 90's, I talked to two experienced travel agents who both told me that an odd nuance of travel to South America was that the best fares were usually found at the last minute, though availability of seats was very uncertain and the traveler had to be on top of it. Whereas buying your ticket way in advance was guaranteed to get you the highest fare. Completely the opposite of travel to any other place.

But, that was before the internet disrupted the travel industry and brought yield management to your PC and your mobile device. Has anyone noticed a particular time frame when purchasing a ticket to GRU and GIG were optimum for pricing?Google flights will show you the best rates from different cities or regions. Best rates I've seen while procrastinating to buy are about five weeks out. If you are not in a major city, check flights to that city separately and you can lower your cost. Also check flights from other major cities nearby. Lisbon to SP costs more than flights from Madrid or Rome, even though flights from both of these cities transfer in Lisbon.

Also with Goog flights you can check flights leaving today and confirm for yourself if there are any savings.

I've not seen seasonal price drops, but I have noticed airlines offering sales from different cities. Sometimes it is cheaper through NYC. Other times it's la, or cdmx or Aruba. You can search from a city to a region, such as SP to Europe. Identify the cheapest cities from SP and then reverse it. Or in Google search type Europe to SP, and you will see a listing by cities to use as a starting point.

WyattEarp
06-02-18, 19:53

But, that was before the internet disrupted the travel industry and brought yield management to your PC and your mobile device. Has anyone noticed a particular time frame when purchasing a ticket to GRU and GIG were optimum for pricing?I'd say up until the mid-2000's it was true you could find unpublished deals. BACC Travel was one consolidator that use to have deeply discounted fares. It's worth a shot 1-800-BACCRIO.

Unfortunately, I think it's harder to find deals to Brazil. You're right about sophisticated yield management. I also see a lot of movement on frequent flyer awards. This is another way to get rid of empty seats without conditioning regular travelers to wait for deep discounts.

Eszpresszo
06-02-18, 21:42
Also check flights from other major cities nearby. Lisbon to SP costs more than flights from Madrid or Rome, even though flights from both of these cities transfer in Lisbon.Thanks for your input, especially regarding the lead time for booking. Meanwhile, I was checking out skiplagged.com, which gives a good breakdown of flights based on their connections. As someone mentioned, its completely possibly to book a flight in and out of Rio, with a long layover in Sao Paolo, thus giving one an opportunity for an experience there. But, that site makes it easier to choose. And those with a longer layover in SP, are also the cheapest. So maybe one can have their cake and eat it, too.

Yes, there are some paradoxes for the prices of flights here in the US, and evidently abroad, as well. Let me give you an example. I live in Dallas, and my local international airport is DFW. When checking out prices to Bogota recently, I found the easiest and most direct was a daily flight from DFW to BOG on American Airlines, the dominant airline in the area that cuts nobody any slack. Prices are occasionally under $1000 round trip, but only by a smidgen, and usually higher. Search flights from my state capitol, Austin (AUS) and its much cheaper (sometimes close to half) though it involves a short connecting flight to DFW to connect with the very same Bogota flight I mentioned. What gives here?

Well, the explanation is totally Americentric, so pardon me if this doesn't apply to everyone reading this. But, way back in the 90's, a travel agent explained to me that flights originating from state capitols are the cheapest. The reason? Politics, plain and simple. And it still appears to be the case. So, I would advise anyone who does travel out of the US, check on flights originating from your state capitol. If its a reasonable jaunt it might be worth the inconvenience. In my case, its a matter of a $99 flight to Austin on Southwest Airlines, or a $12 ride on Megabus to Austin, plus Uber to the airport (A trip on Megabus is actually more comfortable and pleasant than riding in coach on an airplane). The savings could be significant for a little more time and inconvenience. And as for the trip back? I can always "miss" my connecting flight upon clearing customs at DFW, and take an Uber home.

BeenBob
06-04-18, 04:21
Anyone who has been on the ground lately know which cambio house has the best rates? In Zona Sul that is? Last time I was there I enjoyed the one on NS de Copacabana between Bolivar and Xavier the Silveira, although later in my trip I spotted a better one more eastward near that Flamengo shop not far from Copacabana Palace. Thanks.

Exec Talent
06-04-18, 17:08
Anyone who has been on the ground lately know which cambio house has the best rates? In Zona Sul that is? Last time I was there I enjoyed the one on NS de Copacabana between Bolivar and Xavier the Silveira, although later in my trip I spotted a better one more eastward near that Flamengo shop not far from Copacabana Palace. Thanks.This is like the question about girl-friendly hotels. It depends on who you are and who you know.

A better formed question is I am a non-Portuguese speaking Gringo with poor negotiation skills. What is the best rate I can expect?

In which case, my recommendation is to take a walk, plan on exchanging at least $1000 and talk as little as possible. You seem to know where all the places are and rates can vary depending on individual cambio supply and demand. I know the cambios who exchange money for the hotels, apartment owners and rental agents. Also have personal relationships with individuals who exchange large amounts of currency. The rates are significantly different from what a gringo gets who visits Rio once a year for a week.

Regardless, for most people this question is hardly worth asking. Let's say you exchange $1000 and the rate is 5 centavos more, that is 50 Reais or about $13. Not really that big a deal. You will get more benefits from the walk.

If you don't feel like walking you might want to try this site. It will give you an idea of the published rates for a few places.

https://www.melhorcambio.com/

Remember you are selling Dollars (Quero vender) not buying (Quero comprar).

Some true experts, as opposed to those who think they are, have also suggested Casa Behar in Centro.

Av. Rio Branco, 45 - Loja E. Centro, Rio de Janeiro. RJ, 20090-003.

WyattEarp
06-04-18, 19:39
Anyone who has been on the ground lately know which cambio house has the best rates? In Zona Sul that is? Last time I was there I enjoyed the one on NS de Copacabana between Bolivar and Xavier the Silveira, although later in my trip I spotted a better one more eastward near that Flamengo shop not far from Copacabana Palace. Thanks.There is some advice on posts #2783-2785.

Nordico
06-04-18, 22:21
This is like the question about girl-friendly hotels. It depends on who you are and who you know.

A better formed question is I am a non-Portuguese speaking Gringo with poor negotiation skills. What is the best rate I can expect?

In which case, my recommendation is to take a walk, plan on exchanging at least $1000 and talk as little as possible. You seem to know where all the places are and rates can vary depending on individual cambio supply and demand. I know the cambios who exchange money for the hotels, apartment owners and rental agents. Also have personal relationships with individuals who exchange large amounts of currency. The rates are significantly different from what a gringo gets who visits Rio once a year for a week.

Regardless, for most people this question is hardly worth asking. Let's say you exchange $1000 and the rate is 5 centavos more, that is 50 Reais or about $13. Not really that big a deal. You will get more benefits from the walk.

If you don't feel like walking you might want to try this site. It will give you an idea of the published rates for a few places.

https://www.melhorcambio.com/

Remember you are selling Dollars (Quero vender) not buying (Quero comprar).

Some true experts, as opposed to those who think they are, have also suggested Casa Behar in Centro.

Av. Rio Branco, 45 - Loja E. Centro, Rio de Janeiro. RJ, 20090-003.

Without you getting offended as always, reread his question "Where to exchange your US $ in Rio?"There is always a good quote for any occasion.

BeenBob
06-04-18, 22:40
There is some advice on posts #2783-2785.Ah I see. Still the same place as 9 months ago. Will check.

Thanks.

Exec Talent
06-06-18, 20:36
Quite frankly it mystifies me how people who struggle composing a coherent English sentence claim to be fluent in Portuguese.

After seeing that claim time and time again, I thought it best to put together some resources for those who would like to learn.

I have lived with Brazilians who do not speak English and learned through immersion and also through self-study.

If you are serious about becoming fluent in Portuguese there are a couple of books you must own.

Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar: A Practical Guide (Modern Grammars) 2nd Edition.

Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar Workbook (Modern Grammar Workbooks) 2nd Edition.

These are for the serious learner, but can be used by beginners for solid examples of proper grammar and sentence construction.

A couple of helpful sites are:

https://dictionary.reverso.net/english-portuguese/

http://www.conjuga-me.net/en/

If you are just starting out:

https://www.duolingo.com/

Will get you started.

Also take a look at:

https://www.learn-portuguese-with-rafa.com/

https://streetsmartbrazil.com/

http://braziliangringo.com/

You are going to want to read some newspapers in Portuguese.

Here is one of the best (also available in English).

https://www.folha.uol.com.br/

There is a great Text to Speech feature which can help you pronounce some of the more difficult words and also help you to get accustom to reading formal Portuguese.

Two TV broadcasts I watch regularly are O Globo News and Fantástico.

https://www.globo.com/ (main Site).

https://oglobo.globo.com/

http://g1.globo.com/fantastico/

If you search YouTube you will find channels featuring full broadcasts of both.

I have many other resources, which if I have time will list in another post. This should be a good start for beginners and anyone who actually does wish to become fluent.

Safado69
06-06-18, 23:32
I know literally the translates to my cousins' house or the house of my cousins. It is also used as another term for working girl house.

Recently I was talking to GDP about BS and she mentioned that her cousin took her virginity and that is what they are for. No lie LOL.

So my question is, is this how it became synonymous with the places we all know and love? Or is this a reach?

Thanks,

Safado.

The Cane
06-08-18, 15:01
For any of you mongers out there who were into him, toss one back for Anthony Bourdain tonight:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

I've been a fan of his for a very, very long time. I have no proof whatsoever that he was ever a monger, but his life was set up so perfectly well to be one! I first started watching his show on The Travel Channel when it was called "No Reservations". When he moved over to CNN with "Parts Unknown" and a much larger budget, I felt like the show lost some of its edge.

For "No Reservations", he would always lead in with the same line. I changed it to fit my mongering ways. "I travel, I eat, I drink, I fuck. And I write. And I'm hungry for more"! LOL! I would always think that for a monger "Parts Unknown" would be called "Hind Parts Unknown" HAHAHAHA!

But seriously though, he just seemed to be enjoying his life and doing what he was doing. You just never know what's going on with somebody. You think you got problems? Well, compared to somebody else. Here's you Tony! Here's to you!

TC.

Member #4732
06-08-18, 18:54
Usd now buys 25 ARG pesos. I have never been to BA. Anyone on this forum been there lately who can opine if the favorable exchange rate translates into a monger bonanza. Or have prices risen to offset the currency depreciation? Interested in opinions of those who are familiar with both Brazil and BA.

Eszpresszo
06-09-18, 01:17
Usd now buys 25 ARG pesos. I have never been to BA. Anyone on this forum been there lately who can opine if the favorable exchange rate translates into a monger bonanza. Or have prices risen to offset the currency depreciation? Interested in opinions of those who are familiar with both Brazil and BA.I have not been to Argentina, myself. But, as someone who watches currency fluctuations, I had to wonder the same thing. I posted the same question over on the "Private" Argentina forum and I got a few very good and in-depth answers. I will summarize them for you. The simple answer was no, Argentina's high rate of inflation is debasing the currency but not creating any bargains. The exchange rate versus rate of inflation most advantageous to those who held USD circa 2001-2005. It was also pointed out that the current 8% rate of unemployment is quite low by historical standards. So, there is not a bevy of young women forced to sell their bodies for lack of employment opportunities, as we have seen in parts of Europe. The consensus was that the ARS would need to fall even more and the financial crisis would need to get more serious before chica prices fell into the bargain zone.

The good news is that Brazil appears to be having a currency crisis of their own. With my luck, it will be over before I make it there.

WyattEarp
06-09-18, 03:24
For any of you mongers out there who were into him, toss one back for Anthony Bourdain tonight:

I've been a fan of his for a very, very long time. I have no proof whatsoever that he was ever a monger, but his life was set up so perfectly well to be one! I first started watching his show on The Travel Channel when it was called "No Reservations". When he moved over to CNN with "Parts Unknown" and a much larger budget, I felt like the show lost some of its edge.

For "No Reservations", he would always lead in with the same line. I changed it to fit my mongering ways. "I travel, I eat, I drink, I fuck. And I write. And I'm hungry for more"! LOL! I would always think that for a monger "Parts Unknown" would be called "Hind Parts Unknown" HAHAHAHA!

But seriously though, he just seemed to be enjoying his life and doing what he was doing. You just never know what's going on with somebody. You think you got problems? Well, compared to somebody else. Here's you Tony! Here's to you!

TC.I thought the same thing. I always wondered if he could resist temptation. Especially because he was probably estranged from his ex-wife for some time.

I'm sure some Vietnamese honey caught his eye. Japanese women would go ga-ga for a tall, handsome American TV star. Then there of course was Brazil and Colombia.

Working girls were subtly seen on camera, but he never said anything or preached one way or another. You could count on him not to judge local cultures. Except when some Romanian officials tried to shake him down in order for him to shoot in the old town center. That Dracula theme episode was incidentally very bizarre and not characteristic of his aesthetic.

World Travel 69
06-09-18, 04:29
I was in there on Wednesday after the Giants game.

Remembering that I watched the show he did there on TV.

A lot of my travels have a lot to do with him in mind.

RIP.

TC.

The Cane
06-09-18, 07:55
Working girls were subtly seen on camera, but he never said anything or preached one way or another. You could count on him not to judge local cultures. Except when some Romanian officials tried to shake him down in order for him to shoot in the old town center. That Dracula theme episode was incidentally very bizarre and not characteristic of his aesthetic.This is the most bizarre scene I can recall from all of his travels. Check out how he checks out the Thai honey in his "dreams" hehehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOIVI3U5B4Y

World Travel 69
06-09-18, 16:32
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54lvbc

This is the most bizarre scene I can recall from all of his travels. Check out how he checks out the Thai honey in his "dreams" hehehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOIVI3U5B4Y

Member #4732
06-09-18, 22:48
I have not been to Argentina, myself. But, as someone who watches currency fluctuations, I had to wonder the same thing. I posted the same question over on the "Private" Argentina forum and I got a few very good and in-depth answers. I will summarize them for you. The simple answer was no, Argentina's high rate of inflation is debasing the currency but not creating any bargains. The exchange rate versus rate of inflation most advantageous to those who held USD circa 2001-2005. It was also pointed out that the current 8% rate of unemployment is quite low by historical standards. So, there is not a bevy of young women forced to sell their bodies for lack of employment opportunities, as we have seen in parts of Europe. The consensus was that the ARS would need to fall even more and the financial crisis would need to get more serious before chica prices fell into the bargain zone.

The good news is that Brazil appears to be having a currency crisis of their own. With my luck, it will be over before I make it there.Great reply, many thanks.

World Travel 69
06-10-18, 16:50
Argentina's inflation rate is somewhere around 37%.

The prices are not good for mongering or staying there.

You used to get laid for around US $25 up. Now the street girls are asking $100 and up.

Their President has closed all the brothels and most clubs.

Usd now buys 25 ARG pesos. I have never been to BA. Anyone on this forum been there lately who can opine if the favorable exchange rate translates into a monger bonanza. Or have prices risen to offset the currency depreciation? Interested in opinions of those who are familiar with both Brazil and BA..

Rio Bob
06-11-18, 12:30
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-44433639

Out of control in Rio.

Sperto
06-11-18, 16:08
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-44433639

Out of control in Rio.
The title of the article is not accurate. The bodies were not found at the foot of Rio's Sugar Loaf mountain. The bodies were found on the other side of the bay.

Bandits from Chapéu Mangueira and Babilônia were fighting as usual. Police got involved and nine bandits were killed. Seven of them were found in the water below Morro da Babilônia. These seven bandits were caught by Policía Choque, in the forest on the morro, who executed them and throw them down from the cliffs.

The Watcher
06-12-18, 03:08
The title of the article is not accurate. The bodies were not found at the foot of Rio's Sugar Loaf mountain. The bodies were found on the other side of the bay.

Bandits from Chapu Mangueira and Babilnia were fighting as usual. Police got involved and nine bandits were killed. Seven of them were found in the water below Morro da Babilnia. These seven bandits were caught by Polica Choque, in the forest on the morro, who executed them and throw them down from the cliffs.Thanks for the update.

WyattEarp
06-14-18, 18:30

Bandits from Chapu Mangueira and Babilnia were fighting as usual. Police got involved and nine bandits were killed. Seven of them were found in the water below Morro da Babilnia. These seven bandits were caught by Polica Choque, in the forest on the morro, who executed them and throw them down from the cliffs.

Morro da Babilonia seems pretty damn close to Pão de Açúcar. With all due respect, Niteroi is the other side of the bay.

Exec Talent
06-14-18, 19:21
Morro da Babilonia seems pretty damn close to Po de Acar. With all due respect, Niteroi is the other side of the bay.Wyatt,

I like you. I really do. Have since well before the Gunfight at the okay Corral.

However, questioning Sperto on Rio geography is ill advised. It would be like taking on the Clantons without your six-shooter.

I have spent some time in Babilonia as has Sperto, have walked all over Urca, been high up in the forests over Botafogo and even stayed with a young lady in Niteroi and I wouldn't ever dream of questioning Sperto.

Maybe it is time to give it a little rest.

Sperto
06-14-18, 20:23
Morro da Babilonia seems pretty damn close to Po de Acar. With all due respect, Niteroi is the other side of the bay.
Between Pão de Açúcar and Morro da Babilônia there is a beach called Praia Vermelha. English isn't my first language but I would call the water area, between the two morros, bay. Anybody with some knowledge of the Urca area should have no problem understanding what I wrote.

WyattEarp, you seems to always enjoying criticizing my posts. You could easily just put me on the ignore list, or do like me and just scroll by quickly whan I see certain posters.

WyattEarp
06-14-18, 22:14
Between Pão de Açúcar and Morro da Babilonia there is a beach called Praia Vermelha. English isn't my first language but I would call the water area, between the two morros, bay. Anybody with some knowledge of the Urca area should have no problem understanding what I wrote.

WyattEarp, you seems to always enjoying criticizing my posts. You could easily just put me on the ignore list, or do like me and just scroll by quickly whan I see certain posters.My apologies. On the contrary, I have tremendous respect for your posts and your knowledge of Brazil and the local scene.

To a foreigner flying 5000 miles away, we might call Morro the Babilonia and Pão de Açúcar close enough for a sensational headline by a journalist. You and others might be offended by the association of the shooting with a local landmark. And rightly so.

I might call the body of water in front of Praia Vermelha a cove. Perhaps the Portuguese word enseada applies. Anyway, I find it's hard to describe these type of small indents in the coastline. This was really not my point, but rather the general proximity of the two mountains.

WyattEarp
06-14-18, 22:26
This is the most bizarre scene I can recall from all of his travels. Check out how he checks out the Thai honey in his "dreams" hehehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOIVI3U5B4YI believe those are Thai Lady Boys so I hope he wasn't tempted to get out of the tuk-tuk.

Sperto
06-15-18, 03:52
OK, cove not bay.

I've been down at the waterfront on the Morro da Babilônia side a couple of times. The Pão de Açúcar did IMO seem quite far away to call it "foot of Rio's Sugar Loaf mountain" or as WE called it "pretty damn close".
The reason for my correcting the article is that would be a big difference if the bodies were of people killed on one of Rio's major tourist attractions or on a morro dominated by bandits from two fractions.

Rio Bob
06-16-18, 01:28
OK, cove not bay.

I've been down at the waterfront on the Morro da Babilnia side a couple of times. The Po de Acar did IMO seem quite far away to call it "foot of Rio's Sugar Loaf mountain" or as WE called it "pretty damn close".
The reason for my correcting the article is that would be a big difference if the bodies were of people killed on one of Rio's major tourist attractions or on a morro dominated by bandits from two fractions.Wow those are different and great shots, you use that 300 mm lens you have for these shots?

Sperto
06-16-18, 08:42
Wow those are different and great shots, you use that 300 mm lens you have for these shots?
I think I used a 18-300 lens, but not zoomed in very much.
In the forest om this morro there are some excellent views over Leme/Copacabana and Pão de Açúcar. There are trails that takes you over the morro down to the waterline in front of Pão de Açúcar. A very nice spot for fishing and snorkelling. The hike is not really hard, but you have to sneak through a area that belongs to the military. I used to go there frequently with local friends, but lately the forest area have been a unsafe area because of the conflict between Comando Vermelho and Terceiro Comando Puro (with the UPP police in the middle). There used to be some guided tours that took tourists on a short hike to Pedra do Urubu, a spot where Orfeu Negro was filmed in 1959.

If you want to do some hiking and have great views of Rio there many options except for Pão de Açúcar and Cristo Redentor.
* Forte Duque de Caxias. A great view from the top. A very easy walk. Bring bananas to feed the wild mico monkeys.
* Hike to Morro da Urca. Start at Pista Cláudio Coutinho at Praia Vermelha in Urca. A very easy hike, about 20 minutes oneway (if you walk quickly). Again, bring bananas to feed the micos. It's also possible to reach the top of Pão de Açúcar by foot, but it requires climbing equipment.
* Mirante Dona Marta. A very easy and nice hike. Start in Santa Teresa, pass Dona Marta and continue. Bring bananas. Lots of wild monkeys, micos and larger size monkeys like macaco prego and macaco-de-cheiro. If you're lucky you'll see some toucans in the forest.
* Floresta da Tijuca. Many nice hikes. My favourite is Pico da Tijuca. Great view. A easy/medium hike. Watch out for poisonous snakes and spiders. Bring cookies etc to feed the wild quatis, supercute animals.
* Pedra da Gávea. Undoubtly the place where you have the best views of Rio. Absolutely breath-taking views. There is one tough spot to pass, the carrasqueira. There you have to do crack climbing. If you f*cks up you might fall down several hundred meters (there are some accidents with deaths every now and then). The hike is scaled 5, on a 1-5 difficulty scale. However it's really not very hard if you are fit and doesn't suffer from afraid of heights.
* Favela views. Many of Rios favelas have wonderful views. On Alto do Vidigal there is beautiful view. Walk all the way or take a moto-taxi or combi. Don't miss the teleférico ride in Complexo Alemão. Impressing views over 12 (?) favelas. Take the bus from Copacabana to Bom Sucesso.

Rio Bob
06-16-18, 13:28
I think I used a 18-300 lens, but not zoomed in very much.

If you want to do some hiking and have great views of Rio there many options except for Po de Acar and Cristo Redentor.
Thank you for the tips these are good ideas. Most of my photos of Rio have been limited from Sugar Loaf and Corcovado like you said. That 18-300 mm zoom lens for DX Nikon? I had that lens and it has great range but pretty heavy to carry around. I traded it in for the 16-80 DX for Nikon and has less weight.

Sperto
06-16-18, 13:50
Thank you for the tips these are good ideas. Most of my photos of Rio have been limited from Sugar Loaf and Corcovado like you said. That 18-300 mm zoom lens for DX Nikon? I had that lens and it has great range but pretty heavy to carry around. I traded it in for the 16-80 DX for Nikon and has less weight.
The lens is a Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300m. It's really nice and compact, but heavy (850 g).
A good camera in combination with a small compact to carry with me on mongering tours and to the beach.

Java Man
06-19-18, 20:54
I haven't been to Rio in about 5 yrs. What's the current ATM withdrawal limit per transaction? And if I withdraw the max, I can't withdraw again till the next day from that bank?

Larry David
06-19-18, 23:34
I haven't been to Rio in about 5 yrs. What's the current ATM withdrawal limit per transaction? And if I withdraw the max, I can't withdraw again till the next day from that bank?Max? I don't know. But 1200 $are as one transaction per 24 hour period isn't a problem.

Houston Player
06-20-18, 02:17
I haven't been to Rio in about 5 yrs. What's the current ATM withdrawal limit per transaction? And if I withdraw the max, I can't withdraw again till the next day from that bank?At Santander I can withdraw 1500 reais at a time and can do multiple withdrawals until I reach my cards daily limit at my bank.

Java Man
06-20-18, 23:34
At Santander I can withdraw 1500 reais at a time and can do multiple withdrawals until I reach my cards daily limit at my bank.R1500 better than R1200 and no 24 HR block. Thanks for that Info.

Houston Player
06-21-18, 15:37
R1500 better than R1200 and no 24 HR block. Thanks for that Info.Yes I always withdraw 3,000 reais when I visit an ATM 1,500 back to back withdrawals. Their obviously is a fee for each withdrawal but I use Schwab so the fees are reimbursed at the end of the month.

Sperto
06-22-18, 03:41
Bandits from Chapu Mangueira and Babilnia were fighting as usual. Police got involved and nine bandits were killed. Seven of them were found in the water below Morro da Babilnia. These seven bandits were caught by Polica Choque, in the forest on the morro, who executed them and throw them down from the cliffs.
A follow-up on the subject of the drug-war in Morro da Babilônia, Leme.
Yesterday morning they sent 2000 soldiers and police up on the morro. PM, BOPE, paratroopers, army, navy and bombeiros. They searched the favela and the forest.
Unfortunately the bandits in both Babilônia and Chapéu Mangueira had been advised before and fled. That's a shame, it would have been great if all the cocky bandits who loves to wave their arms were still in the favelas when police and soldiers arrived.
The result was at least 2 arrests, no kills, found dead bodies and hidden arms.
https://odia.ig.com.br/rio-de-janeiro/2018/06/5551091-cerca-de-2-mil-homens-fazem-operacao-das-forcas-de-seguranca-nos-morros-do-leme.html#foto=1.

Rio Bob
06-28-18, 18:06
Other than AirBnb.

https://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/

BeenBob
06-28-18, 21:38
Other than AirBnb.

https://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/Nice. I've used this site before, had no complaints. Here is what I used to book where I'm staying now.

https://www.mzapartments.com.br/

Sperto
06-29-18, 03:35
Other than AirBnb.

https://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/

Nice. I've used this site before, had no complaints. Here is what I used to book where I'm staying now.

https://www.mzapartments.com.br/
Thanks, RioBob and BeenBob.
Both sites seems good. Funny, when comparing the same apartment on the same dates on the two different sites the aluguetemporada is way cheaper.

I've never rented an apartment in Brazil using online service. I've just done it the old way by contacts which have worked fine. Some contacts go back to 1991.
In the early nineties finding an apartment in Rio meant lots of footwork and patience (btw the prices were much cheaper than today). However booking an apartment online today seems very convenient. I'll might try it.

Exec Talent
06-29-18, 14:45
Thanks, RioBob and BeenBob.
Both sites seems good. Funny, when comparing the same apartment on the same dates on the two different sites the aluguetemporada is way cheaper.

I've never rented an apartment in Brazil using online service. I've just done it the old way by contacts which have worked fine. Some contacts go back to 1991.
In the early nineties finding an apartment in Rio meant lots of footwork and patience (btw the prices were much cheaper than today). However booking an apartment online today seems very convenient. I'll might try it.I have used aluguetemporada many times without issue. Great for renting posadas in places like Paraty, Buzios, Ilha Grande etc.

The reason it often is less expensive is because it is for Brazilians and not gringos.

In the past, programming was not so sophisticated as to capture where you were making reservations from, but today it is the norm to capture such information and use it in determine pricing.

One thing I do is to use a local proxy server in whatever country I am buying online services so the site thinks I am buying from there. Also works for viewing content like GDP review sites.

Chezz
06-29-18, 23:00
I enjoy a Caipirinha when I'm in Brazil, but the sugar is literally killing me. Normally back home I order a Vodka & Soda with a lime and I'm good to go. Low calorie and zero carbs.

On a recent trip to Rio I tried to order a Vodka & Soda (even tried saying Club Soda) and couldn't get anywhere. It was a nice restaurant and the waiter was fluent in English, but he had no clue what I was asking for.

Does anybody know of a Brazilian version of a Vodka Soda? I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and I know when I return to Rio next week I'm going to be challenged. Thanks in advance!

Mr Enternational
06-29-18, 23:19
I enjoy a Caipirinha when I'm in Brazil, but the sugar is literally killing me. Normally back home I order a Vodka & Soda with a lime and I'm good to go. Low calorie and zero carbs.

On a recent trip to Rio I tried to order a Vodka & Soda (even tried saying Club Soda) and couldn't get anywhere. It was a nice restaurant and the waiter was fluent in English, but he had no clue what I was asking for.

Does anybody know of a Brazilian version of a Vodka Soda? I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and I know when I return to Rio next week I'm going to be challenged. Thanks in advance!Vodka + Agua com gas + limao.

Rio Bob
06-29-18, 23:27

Does anybody know of a Brazilian version of a Vodka Soda? I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and I know when I return to Rio next week I'm going to be challenged. Thanks in advance!LOL I feel your pain! I used to drink same thing Vodka and soda with a piece of lime and yes Brazil has no concept of Club Soda. So what is club soda for the most part? Water with co2? Well Brazil has agua com gas, just order your vodka com agua com gas. Water with gas and you will be good to go, same thing, Saude!

Sperto
06-30-18, 20:43
Caiprinha you can get in 50 different kinds in Brazil, but if you ask for a gin tonic you might encounter major problems (speaking in general in Brazil, not just Rio and São Paulo). Problems... :)

Chezz
06-30-18, 21:01
LOL I feel your pain! I used to drink same thing Vodka and soda with a piece of lime and yes Brazil has no concept of Club Soda. So what is club soda for the most part? Water with co2? Well Brazil has agua com gas, just order your vodka com agua com gas. Water with gas and you will be good to go, same thing, Saude!

Vodka + Agua com gas + limao.Thanks gentlemen. Sounds like Vodka + Agua com gas is the way to go.

Java Man
06-30-18, 21:15

Does anybody know of a Brazilian version of a Vodka Soda? I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and I know when I return to Rio next week I'm going to be challenged. Thanks in advance!You can try asking for Schweppes, maybe pronounced Schwep-P-EE. According to website, Schweppes sells club soda, and tonic in Brazil.

http://www.schweppes.com.br/pt/produtos/

Sperto
06-30-18, 22:23
You can try asking for Schweppes, maybe pronounced Schwep-P-EE. According to website, Schweppes sells club soda, and tonic in Brazil.

http://www.schweppes.com.br/pt/produtos/I usually ask for Schweppes Indian tonic. I think there is a Schweppes soda water as well.

Tiradentes
07-15-18, 18:43
Looking for reliable clinics for STD's testing in either Rio or Sao Paulo. Something that offers confidential testing, and treatment if need be. I am not a citizen. So I will pay cash and have no plano de saude.

Obrigado for any info.

Mangera
07-16-18, 15:21
Looking for reliable clinics for STD's testing in either Rio or Sao Paulo. Something that offers confidential testing, and treatment if need be. I am not a citizen. So I will pay cash and have no plano de saude.

Obrigado for any info.It would be helpful to the members if yo can share where or from whom you may have attained this disease. So that we stay away from that place or her. Thanks.

WyattEarp
07-16-18, 16:52
Looking for reliable clinics for STD's testing in either Rio or Sao Paulo. Something that offers confidential testing, and treatment if need be. I am not a citizen. So I will pay cash and have no plano de saude.By Brazilian law, the clinic is required to post your name and STD on an on-line registry. (wink-wink)

Mr Enternational
07-16-18, 18:19
It would be helpful to the members if yo can share where or from whom you may have attained this disease. So that we stay away from that place or her. Thanks.Only thing about that is that some people have been known to post false information like that to keep people away from a chick they want to themselves.

Besides that, most people would not care anyway. I had told guys about this midget in Thailand and I visibly saw a lot of bumps around her nether region. It was a good thing that I happened to look before I lept. I asked her what it was and she just got up and start putting her clothes back on and would not answer. Even after that, all those guys still wanted to fuck her.

Rio Bob
07-16-18, 20:57
I noticed today that at least from my city and my timeframe airline prices dropped significantly on AA. This might not be the same for you but just giving a heads up. Hotels are at a good price also.

Exec Talent
07-17-18, 00:16

Obrigado for any info.I have had testing done at a place near the International Supermarket on NS. Same side of the street. I thought it was better than similar places in the US and the drawing of blood was painless and quick. Results were available online shortly after the testing.

https://www.sergiofranco.com.br/

BeenBob
07-17-18, 00:50
I noticed today that at least from my city and my timeframe airline prices dropped significantly on AA. This might not be the same for you but just giving a heads up. Hotels are at a good price also.I can second that, I'm surprised how everything is seemingly cheap right now. It wasn't always during past Julys / Augusts far as I can remember. While every Câmbio around town is giving shitty rates, I went to one of the quadruplets near Copa Palace that's handing out are $0. 10 above market value. Plus 4 x 4 is still running a promoção, no entry fee if you take a girl before 6:00 now, used to be 5:00.

Xpartan
07-29-18, 06:04

Does anybody know of a Brazilian version of a Vodka Soda? I've dropped 30 pounds so far, and I know when I return to Rio next week I'm going to be challenged. Thanks in advance!I love a Caipirinha too, so when I remember to carry Splenda with me in Brazil, I give them 2 packets, and it's perfectly fine. The taste is slightly different, but I wouldn't say it's worse than the insanely sweet concoction they normally make.

Not going into the whole debate about the harm of artificial sweeteners vs. Sugar, but it you'd rather enjoy Caipirinhas while avoiding sugar, that's one way. Next time, I'm going to try it with Stevia, which is reputed to be a "natural" substitute, (whether it's healthier or not is another question). It's not as sweet as Splenda, though.

MisterE Man
08-04-18, 04:58
I am making my very first trip to Brazil, and obviously looking forward to it (I am really looking forward to making some reports too). I have made a lot of planning and I just have one real hard hitting question left. I need me some Arab & Indian Brazilians. Where is a good place to try to find them? I know the major cities, RJ and SP have a fair population of both, but I am having absolutely no luck with my Google-Fu on exactly where. I am looking primarily in SP, but I will soak up any tips on location why'all want to give, as I'm not just going to be there. Thanks in advance everyone.

Combo
08-04-18, 17:28
I am making my very first trip to Brazil, and obviously looking forward to it (I am really looking forward to making some reports too). I have made a lot of planning and I just have one real hard hitting question left. I need me some Arab & Indian Brazilians. Where is a good place to try to find them? I know the major cities, RJ and SP have a fair population of both, but I am having absolutely no luck with my Google-Fu on exactly where. I am looking primarily in SP, but I will soak up any tips on location why'all want to give, as I'm not just going to be there. Thanks in advance everyone.SP is going to be your best bet, just for sheer numbers if nothing else. Honestly, most of these groups are going to be fairly mixed in with the rest of the population. I used to bone a girl from SP whose Mother was of (East) Indian descent. But you never would have known she was anything other than typical Brasilian unless she told you that.

There are a fair amount of Lebanese that immigrated to Brasil. They are mostly in S Paulo, but again they are typically pretty mixed with the rest of the population.

MisterE Man
08-06-18, 04:09
SP is going to be your best bet, just for sheer numbers if nothing else. Honestly, most of these groups are going to be fairly mixed in with the rest of the population. I used to bone a girl from SP whose Mother was of (East) Indian descent. But you never would have known she was anything other than typical Brasilian unless she told you that.

There are a fair amount of Lebanese that immigrated to Brasil. They are mostly in S Paulo, but again they are typically pretty mixed with the rest of the population.SP was going to be my guess for that reason too. Just looking to check off a couple birds in one trip if I could. Thanks for the confirm though. Still looking forward to the massive variety of Brasil as a whole anyways.

OldTrack
08-15-18, 23:42
Here is a hour long convo with a expat who been living in Brazil for that past 15 years. He talk about he total experience of living there and how is the night life and if Brazil is even safe to live. He also talks about the Carnival in Rio https://youtu.be/Nuko5c0w-xc In the future he plans on showing a live broadcast from the beach area in Rio De Janeiro.

WyattEarp
08-16-18, 18:10
Here is a hour long convo with a expat who been living in Brazil for that past 15 years. He talk about he total experience of living there and how is the night life and if Brazil is even safe to live. He also talks about the Carnival in Rio https://youtu.be/Nuko5c0w-xc In the future he plans on showing a live broadcast from the beach area in Rio De Janeiro.68 minutes of a long, dragged out discussion much of it very basic information. These guys would be better off producing really tight 10-15 minute clips loaded with insight.

OldTrack
08-16-18, 19:44
Here is a hour long convo with a expat who been living in Brazil for that past 15 years. He talk about he total experience of living there and how is the night life and if Brazil is even safe to live. He also talks about the Carnival in Rio https://youtu.be/Nuko5c0w-xc
68 minutes of a long, dragged out discussion much of it very basic information. These guys would be better off producing really tight 10-15 minute clips loaded with insight.Yeah but it was a live broadcast but the info is still valuable to a first time traveler. Who doesn't know anything about Brazil except it claim to women.

Exec Talent
08-20-18, 11:31
Saw this in the Travel Announcement Thread.

Rio de Janeiro from August 19th to November 19th.

If anyone wants to meet up, just send me a private message.

I will hit termas, boates and prives.Isn't this the same Komo who admitted to making false posts on this forum under multiple IDs?

Members should probably know that before they think about meeting up.

BlueChange
08-23-18, 06:12
I do not know what it is but it seems there are never any cheap airfairs. I can get to Paris or Medellin or even Montevideo for 500 round trip. But for some reason, Brazil is always high, I think the chepaest I ever got was 950.

What gives? IS there a travel hack to get a cheaper flight to Rio? Leaving from a certain city? I tried Azul even leaving from Ft Laudreal and it's still cost a pieace. I would visit rio more often if the airfair wasn't soo ridiciollus!

Let me know any tips you guys have found.

Eszpresszo
08-24-18, 04:28
I do not know what it is but it seems there are never any cheap airfairs. I can get to Paris or Medellin or even Montevideo for 500 round trip. But for some reason, Brazil is always high, I think the chepaest I ever got was 950.

What gives? IS there a travel hack to get a cheaper flight to Rio? Leaving from a certain city? I tried Azul even leaving from Ft Laudreal and it's still cost a pieace. I would visit rio more often if the airfair wasn't soo ridiciollus!

Let me know any tips you guys have found.I have had that same question. Its cheaper to get to SE Asia now than Brazil, where the poon and a lot of other things are a bit cheaper, apparently (not to mention you don't need to shell out for a visa). I can afford the ticket to be sure. But, I want to have an extended trip in Brazil now that my new employer is giving me a lot of paid time off. And speaking of Asia, here is a travel hack I found when trying to find the cheapest way to Bali. But I hope there is a Latin American version of this trick.

Getting to Bali from the US is expensive, while its like taking a cheap flight to Cancun for the Australians. On the other hand, for an Australian to get to South America, it is rather expensive for them. Flights to DPS with a single connection were suddenly $1000 USD or more, and involved a long layover, regardless of whether you went over the Pacific or over the Persian Gulf. Kuala Lumpur, (code KUL) is a cheap destination to reach and it is well served by the "Big Three" of the Persian Gulf. Flights from there to Bali (or anywhere else in SE Asia) were cheap, less than $100 RT on different regional airlines. So KUL was my connecting hub and my hobby zone on both ends of the trip (yes, you can monger well in KL, though not like in BKK). So I found the sweet spot for low airfare costs and a fun weekend on both ends of the journey.

Now, that I went off on that tangent, I will get to the question at hand. I was wondering if there is a Latin American equivalent to KUL. That is, an airport that is inexpensive to get to, and also offers cheap flights to other destinations on the continent. The key feature of KUL is that it is home to AirAsia, a low cost airline. When you book a flight through KUL, internet search engines don't include low cost carriers like Batik, Malindo and AirAsia. Is South America any different? Last I looked BOG was the busiest airport in South America. Does it host budget regional carriers? I can get there cheap on Spirit and AeroMexico. And its a mongering capital, as well.

When I search flights to GIG, there are all kinds of out of the way routes to Brazil when you look for the cheapest fares. And when you live in Dallas, taking a flight to Toronto, Chicago or Newark to catch a direct flight to Brazil seems incredibly stupid. Something tells me there has to be a better way. Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.

Java Man
08-24-18, 16:41
When I search flights to GIG, there are all kinds of out of the way routes to Brazil when you look for the cheapest fares. And when you live in Dallas, taking a flight to Toronto, Chicago or Newark to catch a direct flight to Brazil seems incredibly stupid. Something tells me there has to be a better way. Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.Flew Avianca from ORD to GIG in July. Connected in Panama, Avianca's Hub. Cost was $843, (purchased about 1 month before.) I've usually flown on American Airlines: ORD. MIA. GIG. But this route felt a little shorter, maybe because Panama is a 7 HR flight to GIG, vs 8 hrs from MIA. Avianca will also let you bid for upgrades to Business class if you purchase an economy fare. (Assuming there are unsold Business class seats.) I also use Hopper.com to check on when fares may be cheaper.

Also best fares are found 45 to 90 days before you fly and check for fares on a Tuesday.

Nordico
08-25-18, 21:37
The US prices are outrageous. KLM is selling return tickets to Rio from where I live in Europe at EUR 550 (USD 640). I paid EUR 644 (USD 750) for my ticket to Rio, because my return flight is from Sao Paulo.

WyattEarp
08-26-18, 00:30
International airfares are greatly influenced by government policy and less about competitive, market prices. First and foremost, you have governments that restrict the number of international flights. Then the portion for taxes assessed on an international fare can be ridiculous depending on the country of destination and the country of departure.

For some reason, it's become expensive over the years to fly from my U.S. city to Toronto and Montreal (where the mongering laws are far more lax). A similar distanced flight inside the USA will be far cheaper. Yet, both Toronto and Montreal have ambitious tourism boards, but the national governments seem to try to kill travel between the two countries.

Golfinho
08-26-18, 02:51
and also offers cheap flights to other destinations on the continent. Something tells me there has to be a better way. Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.Everybody knows the discount carriers are in Asia and Europe. The domestic Colombia routes are cheap, though. Two years' ago, in January no less, I flew from Bogota to Leticia, walked across the border to Tabatinga and took a non-stop to Manaus that was less than 100 usd. Otherwise, the Brazil routes are a good way to use up your Star Alliance miles, though you get your best value for them on inter-Africa flights. BTW, how do you find the time for a job?

WyattEarp
08-26-18, 18:24
Everybody knows the discount carriers are in Asia and Europe. The domestic Colombia routes are cheap, though. Two years' ago, in January no less, I flew from Bogota to Leticia, walked across the border to Tabatinga and took a non-stop to Manaus that was less than 100 usd. Otherwise, the Brazil routes are a good way to use up your Star Alliance miles, though you get your best value for them on inter-Africa flights. BTW, how do you find the time for a job?Leticia, Colombia and Tabatinga, Brazil, that seems like the other end of the world. What's that area like?

Eszpresszo
08-27-18, 04:46
Everybody knows the discount carriers are in Asia and Europe. The domestic Colombia routes are cheap, though. BTW, how do you find the time for a job?Well, I didn't know that the discount carriers were in Europe and Asia. So obviously everyone does not. Latin America has had its share of disruption in the airline industry. VARIG and Mexicana are gone, and Avianca had to merge with the national airline of a tiny country. I would have thought that there would have been some progress on that front. But, now at least Spirit can get you to Colombia and Peru cheap (if not with a bit of a hassle).

How do I find the time for a job? Well, like most honest people of my age, its a necessity that takes first priority above all.

Golfinho
08-27-18, 17:26
honest people of my age, its a necessity that takes first priority above all.Sad. First priority ought to be getting yourself set-up, instead of avoiding success so later you don't have to shlub thru looking for the cheapest way to do things. Anyway, international flights within South America have always seemed to have had a high dollar-per-mile cost, especially those routes going between Atlantic amd Pacific coasts. But at least with Avianca on Star Alliance, you can use reward miles.

Golfinho
08-27-18, 17:27
Leticia, Colombia and Tabatinga, Brazil, that seems like the other end of the world. What's that area like?Surprisingly, it's touristed.

Golfinho
08-27-18, 18:46
Leticia, Colombia and Tabatinga, Brazil, that seems like the other end of the world. What's that area like?Surprisingly, it's touristed.

WyattEarp
08-27-18, 22:03
Surprisingly, it's touristed.Is there some Amazonian monger action?

I think it's kind of cool that you just walked across the border in remote Colombia and Brazil. Maybe it's not exactly Indiana Bones, but sounds cool.

Eszpresszo
08-27-18, 22:49
Sad. First priority ought to be getting yourself set-up, instead of avoiding success so later you don't have to shlub thru looking for the cheapest way to do things..You sure know how to blow your credibility in just a few posts.

Golfinho
08-28-18, 01:22
You sure know how to blow your credibility in just a few posts.Cred with you, so what? Go to the far corner of Colombia-Brasil for the adventure of it. If I had planned ahead more and made the time would definitely have taken the boatride to Irquitos. There are foreigners in these parts, and the locals could use some cash. Sit outside at the plastic chair bars with a pinga or beer and some company will find you.

The Cane
09-07-18, 13:24
And the bad news madness is Brazil just continues: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/09/07/jair-bolsonaro-stabbed-at-event-orig-tc.cnn.

Eszpresszo
09-11-18, 12:29
Is there some Amazonian monger action?

I think it's kind of cool that you just walked across the border in remote Colombia and Brazil. Maybe it's not exactly Indiana Bones, but sounds cool.Well, if in fact, he did do that. But, the OP provided less info about the location that a 3-minute Google search would reveal:

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Leticia

Eszpresszo
09-12-18, 04:17
Is there some Amazonian monger action?

I think it's kind of cool that you just walked across the border in remote Colombia and Brazil. Maybe it's not exactly Indiana Bones, but sounds cool.Definitely not Indiana Bones. It involves walking across Avenida the Amizade into Tabatinga, Brazil. The border is wide open. Kind of like walking across State Line Avenue in Texarkana, and consequently crossing over from Texas into Arkansas.

World Travel 69
09-12-18, 15:22
From an old post:

Leticia

If you are in Leticia, then mongering is not the reason why you are here. There are tons of excellent places in Colombia filled with gorgeous chicas and much better weather. However, if you are looking for a girlfriend for the night after exhausting trips to the jungle there are places you can visit here.

There is a place called Excalibur Bar, pink color, one story building on La Frontera (Internacional Ave) between Calle 7 and 8, right in front of the convenience store. There are two places with girls sitting in the chairs in front, bar and private rooms are in the back. It's a short walk from the hotel district in Leticia, no need for a cab, place is fairly safe, even at night. There are several stores across the street and a night food stall. You can also take a cab for 2-3 K from the center of Leticia, if you stay by the river. Talent on hand is mostly brought over here from Medellin and Cali to work for few months, about 10 to choose from, ranging from 4-8. Since there is not much competition cost are far higher than in BOG, it will cost you 80 K and there is not much room for negotiations.

Further down the street as you cross into Brazilian town of Tabatinga are few places on the left as you cross the border, but they appeared dodgy and unsafe. There is a huge local dance parties in Tabatinga if you happen to be there during the weekend, place is called Compra, if I remember correctly. Any cab from Leticia can take you there. 15 min drive for 30 K. It is for sure a sight to see, and if your Portuguese is good you might get lucky.

Stay in Leticia, on Colombian side, much more pleasant then Tabatinga.

Gardenias, just get a city tour from a taxi driver (15 k COP or less) and he will drive you past it. I walked by one night (I was already occupied with a non-pro Paisa I met on a jungle tour) and there were about 20-25 chicas working and maybe 10 mongers. It is important to note that every bar / restaurant / nightclub here is an open-air outdoor affair without air conditioning, and the heat and humidity here is oppressive.

Definitely not Indiana Bones. It involves walking across Avenida the Amizade into Tabatinga, Brazil. The border is wide open. Kind of like walking across State Line Avenue in Texarkana, and consequently crossing over from Texas into Arkansas.

World Travel 69
09-12-18, 17:30
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&mid=1JBkjyoVQcoXIL6h9stjIZ_uhYVm06kpC&ll=-4.219256984801374%2C-69.94703323146263&z=15

From an old post:

Leticia, Colombia

If you are in Leticia, then mongering is not the reason why you are here. There are tons of excellent places in Colombia filled with gorgeous chicas and much better weather. However, if you are looking for a girlfriend for the night after exhausting trips to the jungle there are places you can visit here.

There is a place called Excalibur Bar, pink color, one story building on La Frontera (Internacional Ave) between Calle 7 and 8, right in front of the convenience store. There are two places with girls sitting in the chairs in front, bar and private rooms are in the back. It's a short walk from the hotel district in Leticia, no need for a cab, place is fairly safe, even at night. There are several stores across the street and a night food stall. You can also take a cab for 2-3 K from the center of Leticia, if you stay by the river. Talent on hand is mostly brought over here from Medellin and Cali to work for few months, about 10 to choose from, ranging from 4-8. Since there is not much competition cost are far higher than in BOG, it will cost you 80 K and there is not much room for negotiations.

Further down the street as you cross into Brazilian town of Tabatinga are few places on the left as you cross the border, but they appeared dodgy and unsafe. There is a huge local dance parties in Tabatinga if you happen to be there during the weekend, place is called Compra, if I remember correctly. Any cab from Leticia can take you there. 15 min drive for 30 K. It is for sure a sight to see, and if your Portuguese is good you might get lucky.

Stay in Leticia, on Colombian side, much more pleasant then Tabatinga.

Gardenias, just get a city tour from a taxi driver (15 k COP or less) and he will drive you past it. I walked by one night (I was already occupied with a non-pro Paisa I met on a jungle tour) and there were about 20-25 chicas working and maybe 10 mongers. It is important to note that every bar / restaurant / nightclub here is an open-air outdoor affair without air conditioning, and the heat and humidity here is oppressive.

BosoxFan1965
09-23-18, 11:46
Hey guys,

I'm headed to Brazil next week. Can I buy Viagra without a prescription?

Exec Talent
09-24-18, 14:22
Hey guys,

I'm headed to Brazil next week. Can I buy Viagra without a prescription?You will be in Brazil. The girls will take offense if they alone are not enough to get and keep you hard.

But if you are still limp, in most cases you can purchase Viagra without a prescription, but would advise stopping at a few different pharmacies because pharmaceutical prices vary widely. They also will try to sell you Viamed, a Brazilian knockoff and a ginseng OTC product in a red box, Gerovital.

BosoxFan1965
09-24-18, 19:38
You will be in Brazil. The girls will take offense if they alone are not enough to get and keep you hard.

But if you are still limp, in most cases you can purchase Viagra without a prescription, but would advise stopping at a few different pharmacies because pharmaceutical prices vary widely. They also will try to sell you Viamed, a Brazilian knockoff and a ginseng OTC product in a red box, Gerovital.I'm sure they can get me hard I just want to go all night.

Exec Talent
10-04-18, 00:37
Since this is not a report, but a comment on the seemingly never-ending discussion in the Rio Reports Thread, I am putting it here.

As for poorer countries or recessions, that is where traffickers come in. If you do not think they travel Brazil and recruit girls for Europe, then think again.

If you understood Portuguese well, you would have overheard some of their recruiting pitches. Or, if you happen to know GDPs in Brazil and elsewhere well enough and again, actually speak Portuguese.

They arrange the fake work visas, transportation, lodging (if you want to call it that), meals, drugs and even buy them clothes.

Mr Enternational
10-04-18, 02:10
As for poorer countries or recessions, that is where traffickers come in. If you do not think they travel Brazil and recruit girls for Europe, then think again.

They arrange the fake work visas, transportation, lodging (if you want to call it that), meals, drugs and even buy them clothes.That happens with most countries known for mongering. And the girls return home as broke as the day they left.

HungryStud101
10-04-18, 02:34
You will be in Brazil. The girls will take offense if they alone are not enough to get and keep you hard.
l.This is true and mind boggling. Even the men are a little weird about this. I offered my friend one and he put his hand up as if to say stop and said "No! I don't need that stuff. " Later I pissed off two girls in a 3 sum. They knew I was juicing and told my friend in Portuguese something like the following: "he was waiting for us with a hard on and we hadn't even started. " This is some bizarre, cultural thing. I say fuck it and get over here and suck this cock. All I want to hear is you gagging on my stiff rod. I'm a nice guy and I treat the girls well but I find this attitude mind boggling. BTW - I have no problem with fake boobs so I am not a hypocrite.

WyattEarp
10-04-18, 02:52
This is true and mind boggling. Even the men are a little weird about this. I offered my friend one and he put his hand up as if to say stop and said "No! I don't need that stuff. " Later I pissed off two girls in a 3 sum. They knew I was juicing and told my friend in Portuguese something like the following: "he was waiting for us with a hard on and we hadn't even started. " This is some bizarre, cultural thing. I say fuck it and get over here and suck this cock. All I want to hear is you gagging on my stiff rod. I'm a nice guy and I treat the girls well but I find this attitude mind boggling. BTW - I have no problem with fake boobs so I am not a hypocrite.This is just silly. I plan on taking my dosage around the timing of my visit to a clinica or a termas. In the termas, I'm popping in the locker room or when I walk out on the floor figuring that gives me time to check out the scene.

In all fairness, I've had women back home question the need for ED medication. "Oh, you don't need that with me. Let's try it without it. " Every woman wants to think she is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Mr Enternational
10-04-18, 05:11
I would think that the poorer the country the less likely the working girl would leave just because her limited resources wouldn't allow her to escape. I mean, how many women from say Burundi or Burkina Faso do you find working in rich countries as prostitutes? I think what you say may be true up to some break point where the country is so poor that the working girls couldn't leave even if they wanted to simply due to a lack of means. If you're dirt poor, then you're pretty stuck where you are.As ET was saying the girls do not go out on their own. They are sponsored. Somebody fronts them the ticket and visa and shit and when they arrive to where they are going the person takes their passport and they have to make regular payments.

For instance, chicks that I know in Thailand that go to Bahrain to ho are fronted the ticket and visa. The cost is around US $3000 for the ticket, visa, and the fees for whoever is running the show. The girls get there and work in the discos and shit. They do ST for $60 and LT for $100. But they have to give that money to the sponsor until the initial $3000 is all paid off. (So you can imagine how long it would take them to just break even. It could be a few months.) They do provide them with a room to sleep with about 20 other chicks and some food. Most of the time if you go to Bangkok airport to where the flight to Bahrain is leaving out, you will see a lot of young, single chicks. Thai immigration knows all about it and sometimes will not allow them to leave on the flight.

It was the same deal when I went to Dubai and met some Ethiopian chicks. Before the session even started they wanted us to give them money because they had to take it upstairs to the lady that has their passports.

If you read the Philippines thread you will see that it is hard to get a girl out of there if you want her to go on vacation with you or something, because they fear she will fall into the same situation as many do.

So no. These chicks are not just coming up with the money for a ticket to some far off country and a place to stay once they get there. (You know how expensive Europe is?) They do not need one centavo because they are actually being trappicked. And none of them are coming back home rich like they thought they would, to say the least.

The Cane
10-04-18, 06:12
As ET was saying the girls do not go out on their own. They are sponsored. Somebody fronts them the ticket and visa and shit and when they arrive to where they are going the person takes their passport and they have to make regular payments. So no. These chicks are not just coming up with the money for a ticket to some far off country and a place to stay once they get there. (You know how expensive Europe is?) They do not need one centavo because they are actually being trappicked. And none of them are coming back home rich like they thought they would, to say the least.OK yeah, I know that. So who is that "somebody" who is fronting for the ticket, living expenses, etc? You didn't say who that was. It's got to be "somebody" with some money right? Go back and look at Turgid's list. Do you think I'm not aware that trafficking is going on? But that's far more common out of some countries versus many, many others. Haiti, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic and on and on. Do you see women from countries like that working all over the world in rich countries? I've mongered all over the world, and I know the answer is no. We're talking about some of the poorest countries in the entire world where nobody is international pimping! Nobody because there are no sponsors with money like that in those countries. Nobody has any money, and it isn't worth it (for a variety of reasons including they don't have broad international monger appeal) for anybody else from the outside to be going into those places looking for local talent to ship out. If it was, then it would be happening already. The more impoverished the country, the more stuck in place the girl is going to be. She doesn't have the money to get out, and no low budget "sponsor" pimp in Tajikistan is going to have the money to get her out either.

Java Man
10-04-18, 12:41
" Later I pissed off two girls in a 3 sum. They knew I was juicing and told my friend in Portuguese something like the following: "he was waiting for us with a hard on and we hadn't even started. " This is some bizarre, cultural thing.No, not really. The flip side is, you may / probably will last longer. Which means they'll have to work harder to get you off. Or you'll want an extra serving. Their objective is to get you off quickly, so they can move onto the next guy. Same reason, some working ladies don't want to get OFF. They may have a recovery period. Not All ladies can go non stop. LOL.

Exec Talent
10-04-18, 16:27
Some people need a reality check.

The reason that women from certain countries are not in demand is extremely obvious.

And, stop shooting at the messenger. Tired of dodging bullets for reporting what is, not what people want it to be.

WyattEarp
10-04-18, 18:01
No, not really. The flip side is, you may / probably will last longer. Which means they'll have to work harder to get you off. Or you'll want an extra serving. Their objective is to get you off quickly, so they can move onto the next guy. Same reason, some working ladies don't want to get OFF. They may have a recovery period. Not All ladies can go non stop. LOL.True, all over the mongering world provider's don't always gravitate to the young, virile guys. They don't want to go back to an apartment and get hammered for two-three hours straight. Older gents are perhaps more likely to also wine and dine them paying for their company. Maybe even the outside possibility of marry them.

I laugh when I see a high-priced North American escort advertise Only Men 35 years or Older.

Tiziano85
10-05-18, 14:57
Hello group,

Hope to be in Brazil soon.

Krawl420
10-06-18, 01:11
I have been on this site for almost a decade (wow how time fly's) and am a senior member on the US site. I happened to have a opportunity to take a pretty last minute trip to Rio and would love to PM a few here to link up. But no more US CC's for here is there a reason no Crypto yet? As it would be very easy to setup and all and all it would be a great way to collect fees. Is there any way other then sending cash in the mail?

Thanks in advance.

K.

GoneFishin
10-15-18, 23:58
My Brazilian visa still has 6 years of validity but it is in an old passport. Has anyone traveled to Brazil with a new passport and a visa in an old passport?

Rio Bob
10-16-18, 00:40
My Brazilian visa still has 6 years of validity but it is in an old passport. Has anyone traveled to Brazil with a new passport and a visa in an old passport?Yes I'm doing it now, no problem, take both passports with you.

HungryStud101
10-16-18, 01:39
My Brazilian visa still has 6 years of validity but it is in an old passport. Has anyone traveled to Brazil with a new passport and a visa in an old passport?Yes, I just did this a few months ago. I have an expired USA passport with a Brazilian Visa with 3 years left on it. I got a new passport and I wondered the same thing. I carry the old passport just for the Visa and my trip went off without a problem.

BTW. Brazilians passports have a shorter lifespan. Something like 5-years instead of 10-years like USA passports so my friends in Brazil are used to carrying an old passport with a a Visa along with their current passport.

GoneFishin
10-16-18, 13:01
Great news, thanks for the feedback.

John Corey
10-17-18, 13:28
I am planning a trip right after the second vote to be held October 28th. What is the law and order situation? There were violent protests after the first runoff as per the papers.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eszpresszo
10-18-18, 03:00
Yes, I just did this a few months ago. I have an expired USA passport with a Brazilian Visa with 3 years left on it. I got a new passport and I wondered the same thing. I carry the old passport just for the Visa and my trip went off without a problem.

BTW. Brazilians passports have a shorter lifespan. Something like 5-years instead of 10-years like USA passports so my friends in Brazil are used to carrying an old passport with a a Visa along with their current passport.Five years used to be standard for the US passport as well. It was doubled to a decade done for reasons of bureaucratic budget efficiency, plain and simple. I got my first passport in the late 70's, paid a small amount of money for it by the standards of the day (I think it was $8 USD) and it arrived from a processing office in New Orleans (in an adjacent state) in three business days, via ordinary mail. I also remember that the standard passport had more pages in it, and if you requested more pages, they would double them for no extra charge. By the late 80's I recall the price had almost doubled when I got my third passport at the passport office in NYC. I had to wait 10 minutes before they handed me the new one. Sometime in the 90's, budget restrictions to the state department caused the prices of passports to surge along with the processing time. The life of your US passport was doubled to cut the rate of renewal in half. In other words, they were trying to reduce the number of renewals they had to process as a cost cutting measure. I'm not yet three years into my latest 10 year passport, and half of the immigration stamp pages are already full.

Exec Talent
10-19-18, 20:05
https://www.2a2.com.br/home.php

I am on their mailing list and get notified when they are having promotions and special events like Sexy Oktoberfest and Halloween.

There are days and times when they do allow singles.

Sperto
10-20-18, 00:29
Very true. Reminds me of a time I was in St. Petersburg Russia at a well known disco free lancer hangout and it was not happening that night...Interesting stories. As I want to avoid messing up the Rio thread with non-Rio stories I put it here. It´s not an adventurous story. Just a weird story. One of the weirdest puteiros I've visited. Actually it's a Rio story, a Rio Branco story.
Most of you have no idea where Rio Branco is. It's the capital of Acre, in Brazil. In Rio Branco they have a giant mercado built on stilts over the Rio. As I love to explore all the weird things they sell on these markets (which you could never imagine) I started to discover this giant market.
When I came to the end of the market I found a bar with a lot of guys drinking. I thought I could stop and have a refri. The name of the bar was "Bar do Pato", Duck bar.

Soon I discovered there were a bunch of GPs outside the bar. I walked up to the girls. The girls were really pretty. I chose the cutest one. She asked for 15 reais. A fair price. I accepted. I couldn't imagine where the cabins were as the whole market where filled of stalls and stores. The girl brought me inside the bar, behind the counter. She moved the guy in the bar to the side, opened a hatch in the floor and brought me down to some cabins hanging under the floor of the bar, just above the river level. It felt strange as you you heard all the guys in the guys in the bar on top of you. I asked if there was a shower and she lowered a bucket in the filthy brown river.

The girl was a 8, she would have been a strong 9 if she didn't had a long scar from a knife over her belly. We had our session, knocked on the hatch, the guy in the bar opened the hatch and we climbed up, the guys in the bar cheering and I left. Just another day in Brazil.

Member #4732
10-20-18, 16:57
Interesting stories. As I want to avoid messing up the Rio thread with non-Rio stories I put it here. Its not an adventurous story. Just a weird story. One of the weirdest puteiros I've visited. Actually it's a Rio story, a Rio Branco story.
Most of you have no idea where Rio Branco is. It's the capital of Acre, in Brazil. In Rio Branco they have a giant mercado built on stilts over the Rio. As I love to explore all the weird things they sell on these markets (which you could never imagine) I started to discover this giant market.
When I came to the end of the market I found a bar with a lot of guys drinking. I thought I could stop and have a refri. The name of the bar was "Bar do Pato", Duck bar.

Soon I discovered there were a bunch of GPs outside the bar. I walked up to the girls. The girls were really pretty. I chose the cutest one. She asked for 15 reais. A fair price. I accepted. I couldn't imagine where the cabins were as the whole market where filled of stalls and stores. The girl brought me inside the bar, behind the counter. She moved the guy in the bar to the side, opened a hatch in the floor and brought me down to some cabins hanging under the floor of the bar, just above the river level. It felt strange as you you heard all the guys in the guys in the bar on top of you. I asked if there was a shower and she lowered a bucket in the filthy brown river.

The girl was a 8, she would have been a strong 9 if she didn't had a long scar from a knife over her belly. We had our session, knocked on the hatch, the guy in the bar opened the hatch and we climbed up, the guys in the bar cheering and I left. Just another day in Brazil.Sounds like Sperto and the Raiders of the Lost Perereca. I don't have many trash stories, not my thing. But I do recall a humorous time a few years ago in Sao Paulo. I saw a review in gp-guia for a mulata working at a prive I had never visited. I went to see this garota, the prive was just a regular house. I enter, they seat me in an arm chair and present 3 absolute hags. I say, "I want to see (name of garota)". They say "she is busy, but you can wait". The garota actually passed by on her way upstairs and she was really gorgeous (except for a scar as well). She was soooooo out of scale with the other 3 barangas that I started to fantasize that this was like the Cinderella story, with the evil half sisters and their beautiful innocent Cinderella. While I'm waiting, I keep thinking, "there must be something wrong with her, how can she be in this house?" Then I nearly jump out of my chair as I hear this uproar in the kitchen area, a rooster starts to crow incessantly. I sit there listening to the rooster going off, and I think "nah, this is just not right". So I bolted and never went back.

Sperto
11-10-18, 22:27
Asking for infomation by PMs is a good idea. Personally the best info on this forum is exchanged by PM.

As a newbie it's convenient to send PMs to get information served on a plate. Normally I don't respond to such PMs. Today I did, to Mr Eszpresszo. In his case I had no advice, a question about languages courses. The answer was just insults and that I was just a charlatan fraud like the others on the forum. My advice when somebody with zero trip reports ask for information is to be polite.

Duke69
11-11-18, 22:30
I just visited Rio with 10 friends. We set up two days of touring with vacationinrio. Alex was our guide. He is professional and very knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend their service if you are visiting Rio. They advertise on this site.

GoneFishin
11-14-18, 21:48
For those of you who frequent Brazil. Any opinions on New years and early January in Brazil. Thinking of flying into Rio the week after Christmas then moving down the coast to Argentina. I searched the thread using "new years" as a keyword but came back nada.

Thanks for any opinions.

GF.

Crazy Jim Wood
11-14-18, 22:14
Yeah, I carry along my old passport for this reason. No problem to use the valid visa from an expired passport as long as you also have a valid passport.

My Brazilian visa still has 6 years of validity but it is in an old passport. Has anyone traveled to Brazil with a new passport and a visa in an old passport?

Brazlian
11-14-18, 22:37
For those of you who frequent Brazil. Any opinions on New years and early January in Brazil. Thinking of flying into Rio the week after Christmas then moving down the coast to Argentina. I searched the thread using "new years" as a keyword but came back nada.

Thanks for any opinions.

GF.If you go to Sao paulo, visit Casarao on Augusta!

Rio Bob
11-14-18, 22:59

Thanks for any opinions.

GF.During New Years timeframe which is high high season the city of Rio will be packed with tourists from all over the world including Brazilians and Argentinians. So hotels and apartments will be higher priced and since its only 6 weeks away good luck with airfare and getting a hotel. Sure some may still be available but you will pay. It's a fun time and I'm sure there will plenty of girls there to take the tourists money. But probably some days on the holidays itself establishments will be closed like termas etc.

GoneFishin
11-14-18, 23:49
During New Years timeframe which is high high season the city of Rio will be packed with tourists from all over the world including Brazilians and Argentinians. So hotels and apartments will be higher priced and since its only 6 weeks away good luck with airfare and getting a hotel. Sure some may still be available but you will pay. It's a fun time and I'm sure there will plenty of girls there to take the tourists money. But probably some days on the holidays itself establishments will be closed like termas etc.Airfare is expensive from the states but I'm in Mexico now and will not be returning to the states. I find flights RT from cancun at less than 1 k us. Lodging is another matter. I might just start off in SP. Thanks for your input.

GF.

Jim00
11-29-18, 04:21
PPMM is commonly used on gpguia.net, but I can't find it anywhere else. Does someone know what it means? Thanks in advance.

Sperto
11-29-18, 16:53
PPMM is commonly used on gpguia.net, but I can't find it anywhere else. Does someone know what it means? Thanks in advance.
"Papai e mamãe", the missionary position (guy on top of the girl).

Jim00
11-30-18, 04:01
"Papai e mame", the missionary position (guy on top of the girl).Thank you!

Bravo
11-30-18, 06:58
Has anyone ever brought a firestick down to Brazil? Did it work?

BayBoy
12-05-18, 17:40
How much is a Brazilian visa nowadays? I haven't been to Brazil in about 12 years.

Scotch
12-05-18, 17:47
How much is a Brazilian visa nowadays? I haven't been to Brazil in about 12 years.I paid 160 us 6 month ago and good for 10 years from USA.

MY Aussie friend paid 35 us so each country is different.

BayBoy
12-05-18, 18:03
I paid 160 us 6 month ago and good for 10 years from USA.

MY Aussie friend paid 35 us so each country is different.Thanks for the info. I'm considering going back to Brazil. It used to be $100.

Rio Bob
12-05-18, 20:26
How much is a Brazilian visa nowadays? I haven't been to Brazil in about 12 years.You might want to check out this new option for a Brazil Visa:

https://www.bronlinevisa.com/

Exec Talent
12-06-18, 16:51
You might want to check out this new option for a Brazil Visa:

https://www.bronlinevisa.com/Here is the link to the official eVisa site.

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/brazil/online/home/index

Jim00
12-07-18, 17:28
Here is the link to the official eVisa site.

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/brazil/online/home/indexI can confirm this link is valid. (I already had it saved).

Yesterday evening, I applied for a travel visa at the above link. As a US citizen, it cost me $44 to get a tourist visa. You will need a picture of your current / active US passport and a passport photo to upload to the online visa application. I do not know if this is typical, but I received by eVisa this morning in less than 24 hours! I can stay up to 90 days in Brazil and it expires in two years. I was hoping for 10 years, but I will not complain about the speed!

I hope this is useful to someone.

BayBoy
12-09-18, 01:41
I can confirm this link is valid. (I already had it saved).

Yesterday evening, I applied for a travel visa at the above link. As a US citizen, it cost me $44 to get a tourist visa. You will need a picture of your current / active US passport and a passport photo to upload to the online visa application. I do not know if this is typical, but I received by eVisa this morning in less than 24 hours! I can stay up to 90 days in Brazil and it expires in two years. I was hoping for 10 years, but I will not complain about the speed!

I hope this is useful to someone.Thanks for the info. That tourist Visa sounds like just what I would want. $44 is a lot better than $160.

Jim00
12-09-18, 03:23
Any tips for visiting Sampa in early June? Does the "entertainment" slow down in the winter time?

World Travel 69
12-09-18, 18:09
http://saofrancisco.itamaraty.gov.br/pt-br/

https://www.ivisa.com/brazil-blog/brazil-evisa-for-us-citizens

Thanks for the info. That tourist Visa sounds like just what I would want. $44 is a lot better than $160.

WyattEarp
12-09-18, 18:14
Any tips for visiting Sampa in early June? Does the "entertainment" slow down in the winter time?You might want to ask your question in the Sao Paulo thread. From my limited experience, Sampa does not slow down in the winter.

The boates and clinicas are just as active as anytime. Like anywhere in the cooler months, the "sightseeing" on the street is greatly diminished by the clothing choices of young women, but that's a minor thing I enjoy.

The Cane
12-09-18, 18:26
Any tips for visiting Sampa in early June? Does the "entertainment" slow down in the winter time?I took my first trip to Sampa during Brazilian winter. It was not slow at all, and made me definitely want to go back. Being a Norte Americano, I also did not find it to be cold and walked around most days in a light pullover, or just a short-sleeved shirt. They knew I wasn't from there as the locals were freezing hahaha! My room did get a little chilly at night, but that was a matter of poor climate control in the rooms.

Exec Talent
12-09-18, 21:27
http://saofrancisco.itamaraty.gov.br/pt-br/

https://www.ivisa.com/brazil-blog/brazil-evisa-for-us-citizensOfficial Site:

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/brazil/online/home/index

I posted the official Brazilian Government site link for a reason. The other links are for commercial services which charge additional fees.

Sometimes more information is not better, it is just more information and causes confusion.

I am not against free enterprise and capitalism, have used visa agencies in the past for family members and even have recommended them. The reason was because the physical movement of documents was necessary and processing times. The Official eVisa site takes at the most 5 days.

Keep it simple.

The Cane
12-10-18, 05:52
It's a "national penchant": https://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/27/world/americas/27iht-brazil.html.

Java Man
12-10-18, 10:09
That tourist Visa sounds like just what I would want. $44 is a lot better than $160.That doesn't work for me. It's more expensive in the long run: $220 usd for the same 10 yr period. (I go yearly.) I think the $160 10 yr tourist visa is available at the consular offices. Looks like they've done away with the paper applications. My Consulate sends me to this webpage for the application https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWeb.jsf?aba=-6.

Kcrl01
12-10-18, 15:05
Does anyone have a link pertaining to the Retirement Visa (not sure of the official name). Cheers!

MongerForSex
12-10-18, 22:50
Does anyone have a link pertaining to the Retirement Visa (not sure of the official name). Cheers!https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=694003&p=2

Better to ask there, their forum is more specialized in visa. Related questions.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=797621 I think the retirement visa is no more available. , I don't need visa for Brazil and the US and am not a and attorney. So better to use that website, you ll find more expatriates with retirement visas and attorneys specialized in the Brazilian law.

P.S. Cancun terma did not revoke a visa for not being offered anal sex.

WyattEarp
12-10-18, 22:59
It's a "national penchant": https://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/27/world/americas/27iht-brazil.html.It definitely is. Without reading any of the psychology and research, I think the Brazilian man's penchant for anal sex starts with the beautiful Brazilian bunda. The Brazilian bunda is a national obsession and it draws an unusual amount of sexualization in the culture and the media.

Kcrl01
12-10-18, 23:43
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=694003&p=2

Better to ask there, their forum is more specialized in visa. Related questions.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=797621 I think the retirement visa is no more available. , I don't need visa for Brazil and the US and am not a and attorney. So better to use that website, you ll find more expatriates with retirement visas and attorneys specialized in the Brazilian law.

P.S. Cancun terma did not revoke a visa for not being offered anal sex.Thanks.

P.S. Cancun revoking the visa was a lame joke!

MongerForSex
12-11-18, 15:16
Thanks.

P.S. Cancun revoking the visa was a lame joke!I used Cancun revoking the visa because you were looking for information on retirement visa if not I would never mention it. I knew it was a lame joke.

Java Man
12-13-18, 10:47
Does anyone have a link pertaining to the Retirement Visa (not sure of the official name). Cheers!From a quick google search: 60 yrs old, are $ 6. 000,00 (Six thousand Reais,) monthly income from pension, The deal breaker for me: legally allowed to transfer the pension to Brazil. You know they're going to tax you on that! Ouch!

http://taipe.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/permanent_visa_-_retirement.xml

Sperto
12-13-18, 11:45
From a quick google search: 60 yrs old, are $ 6. 000,00 (Six thousand Reais,) monthly income from pension, The deal breaker for me: legally allowed to transfer the pension to Brazil. You know they're going to tax you on that! Ouch!

http://taipe.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/permanent_visa_-_retirement.xml
I heard from a friend that Brazil stopped issuing retirement visas. Something about a law that has changed.
I don't know if the information is correct, but it might be good to doublecheck for those who have plans to retire in Brazil.

Java Man
12-14-18, 11:35
I heard from a friend that Brazil stopped issuing retirement visas. Something about a law that has changed.
I don't know if the information is correct, but it might be good to doublecheck for those who have plans to retire in Brazil.A expat forum stated the same. New immigration law went into effect Nov 2017. But looks like the Brazilian Retiree Visa is now a Permanent Visa. The new requirement is having the pension transferred to Brazil. F that!

This site has info on how to migrate to Brazil and was posted Sept 29,2018.

https://www.immigrationworld.com/brazil/six-ways-to-migrate-to-brazil/

Jim00
12-15-18, 21:52
Here is a very good video about mongering in Brazil with radio legend Howard Stern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_SI4jaZcI&feature=youtu.be

WyattEarp
12-17-18, 23:30
Here is a very good video about mongering in Brazil with radio legend Howard Stern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_SI4jaZcI&feature=youtu.beGreat memory. I remember hearing this when it was first broadcasted. Everything that Patrice O'Neal said is true.

Brazilian women sell dreams, American women sell coochie. LOL.

DarrenGap
12-28-18, 18:03
This could turn into the monger express. Norwegian airways is flying from London to Rio in the spring.

Its starting at £438 return. Direct.

Yes way.

Although I'd spring the extra £100 for baggage, food, drink, etc.

Even the "premium" seats are only £559 one way for an 11 hour flight.

If I'm not mistaken that's very good value for a direct flight from the UK.

Steve 9696
12-28-18, 18:19
This could turn into the monger express. Norwegian airways is flying from London to Rio in the spring.

Its starting at 438 return. Direct.

Yes way.

Although I'd spring the extra 100 for baggage, food, drink, etc.

Even the "premium" seats are only 559 one way for an 11 hour flight.

If I'm not mistaken that's very good value for a direct flight from the UK.Was just looking at this very thing. When I flew my Braziliera, Thifany, from Rio to London in Sept it was $1500 and not direct. I was just pricing flights for a spring meetup and Norwegian is $598 round trip nonstop. Wow.

The Watcher
12-31-18, 19:01
Has anyone ever brought a firestick down to Brazil? Did it work?I have used a Firestick for several years. It works fine so long as the internet is fast enough.

Sunset
01-13-19, 03:05
I'm heading for Macapa in a few months. Has anyone been there recently?

Sperto
01-13-19, 22:25
I'm heading for Macapa in a few months. Has anyone been there recently?My last visit was 4 years ago.

http://www.internationalsexguide.nl/forum/showthread.php?573-Other-Areas&p=1665205&viewfull=1#post1665205.

Exec Talent
02-02-19, 00:55
This topic seems to come up all the time. Guy says girl treated him well, didn't ask for money, etc. And another guy says a leopard will never change its spots.

He is a fool for believing he is not just like every other John. Sorry, wrong. This is one time where nice guys (and those good in bed) do finish first; but not first, if you know what I mean.

These women are constantly reminded by guys' actions what they are. The guy who gets treated differently is the one who for a short time, allows them to forget.

Just because it has never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

UniversalX
02-13-19, 08:30
The guy who gets treated differently is the one who for a short time, allows them to forget.So true. They want to forget if they can. Everyone has fantasies. Then Reality strikes for both.

Balboa
02-16-19, 03:11
This topic seems to come up all the time. Guy says girl treated him well, didn't ask for money, etc. And another guy says a leopard will never change its spots.

He is a fool for believing he is not just like every other John. Sorry, wrong. This is one time where nice guys (and those good in bed) do finish first; but not first, if you know what I mean.

These women are constantly reminded by guys' actions what they are. The guy who gets treated differently is the one who for a short time, allows them to forget.

Just because it has never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.I've always believed in this and wanted to say it, however, could never put the right words together.

Bingo.

Now for all you naysayers, please re-read Exec's last sentence. 🤪

Rio Bob
03-21-19, 17:29
We have been waiting for this day for a long time, maybe this will increase tourism so much that a new Help will open LOL, I'm just kidding.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/micheleherrmann/2019/03/21/brazil-waves-entry-visa-requirements-for-u-s-citizens/#3460296 c4446.

Kcrl01
03-21-19, 22:13
We have been waiting for this day for a long time, maybe this will increase tourism so much that a new Help will open LOL, I'm just kidding.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/micheleherrmann/2019/03/21/brazil-waves-entry-visa-requirements-for-u-s-citizens/#3460296 c4446.Will Brazilians require visas to visit the USA?

UniversalX
03-22-19, 07:31
Will Brazilians require visas to visit the USA?Yes. Brazilians will still have to apply for a Visa to visit the USA.

President Bolsonaro announced Brazil's intent to exempt United States citizens from tourist visa requirements, and the Presidents agreed to take the steps necessary to enable Brazil to participate in the Department of Homeland Security's Trusted Traveler Global Entry Program.

Mr Enternational
03-22-19, 08:08
Will Brazilians require visas to visit the USA?Of course. Brazil is the one trying to get more visitors, not the USA, Canada, Japan, or Australia.

MongerForSex
03-30-19, 03:49
Will Brazilians require visas to visit the USA?I don't need visa to visit or work in the USA as a Brazilian but most of us still require visa.

Golfinho
05-11-19, 16:35
Month-long tour just completed of north and south: from Porto Alegre to Fortaleza with stops in between. And everywhere: Obesos! What has happened to them? And, so quickly. Even the girls. Really sad. The bolsa familia evidently really worked.

Eszpresszo
05-12-19, 13:52
Month-long tour just completed of north and south: from Porto Alegre to Fortaleza with stops in between. And everywhere: Obesos! What has happened to them? And, so quickly. Even the girls. Really sad. The bolsa familia evidently really worked.Sounds like you were actually travelling in Mexico. I visited four cities in Brazil last month. I did not notice a problem with obesity. Some fat girls, sure. Some skinny girls, too. Are you sure you were actually in Brazil?

MongerForSex
05-14-19, 17:44
Sounds like you were actually travelling in Mexico. I visited four cities in Brazil last month. I did not notice a problem with obesity. Some fat girls, sure. Some skinny girls, too. Are you sure you were actually in Brazil?There are many fat people in Brazil but not more than in the USA. Maybe he travelled into the USA and went to New Jersey or Florida in the Brazilian district.

Mr Enternational
05-14-19, 18:14
There are many fat people in Brazil but not more than in the USA. Maybe he travelled into the USA and went to New Jersey or Florida in the Brazilian district.There are many fat people everywhere. I don't know why mongers act like there are only fat people in the country they are from.

Golfinho
05-14-19, 18:49
There are many fat people in Brazil but not more than in the USA. Maybe he travelled into the USA and went to New Jersey or Florida in the Brazilian district.Nope. Nobody who's been going to Brazil for the past twenty plus years' would fail to note the trend. Why you would choose to compare Brazil with the USA only shows your frame of reference.

Kcrl01
05-14-19, 21:24
Avianca Holdings of Colombia having difficulty refinancing $550 million of bonds due May 10. Gringoes should avoid booking Avianca flights into Brazil. Stock fell 5% to $3. 45. They might go under without financing.

Mr Enternational
05-15-19, 02:39
Avianca Holdings of Colombia having difficulty refinancing $550 million of bonds due May 10. Gringoes should avoid booking Avianca flights into Brazil. Stock fell 5% to $3. 45. They might go under without financing.Thanks for that tip. I am a frequent flyer with Avianca. First Avianca Brasil went to the shitter, now the big Avianca is going. Colombia will be fucked without them.

Golfinho
05-15-19, 03:58
Azul has had the better connections in Brazil for a while now. Anyone who's a StarAlliance frequent flyer has known that.

MongerForSex
05-15-19, 06:58
Thanks for that tip. I am a frequent flyer with Avianca. First Avianca Brasil went to the shitter, now the big Avianca is going. Colombia will be fucked without them.I have never been interested in living in the USA although I can live there if I want, It's too feminist and catholicism. Sex is taboo in the USA. Most of the women are ugly and fat. Very stressful, even most of the Brazilian women are ugly in the USA. I am Brazilian, I am happy to live in Brazil, I can fuck everyday. I prefer Brazilian women. Most Brazilian men prefer Brazilian women. Maybe he is an exception.

Nope. Nobody who's been going to Brazil for the past twenty plus years' would fail to note the trend. Why you would choose to compare Brazil with the USA only shows your frame of reference.I compare the USA to Brazil because I have only lived in Brazil and the USA.

Sperto
05-15-19, 08:26
I can compare how the brazilians have changed since 1991. However it's enough if you look back 10 years to see how the quantity of fat people in Brazil has increased. All over Brazil the population has become fatter. In some states more than in other states.

In general there were more fit girls in the old days. Maybe because there were less people who were able to spend money on junk food or maybe because there are more inactive people just sitting on their asses watching their mobile phones?

In Rio I love to spend time on the beach and watching people. It's easy to notice that a large proportion of the young people are overweight. It seems that many girls doesn't bother about having a potbelly as long as they can show up a fat, juicy ass to the guys. No need for keeping in shape as you can always pay for plastic surgery.

In Rio you'll find the fittest girls in the favelas. Walking up and down the morro's keep them in shape. They don't need any stair machines.

Mr Enternational
05-15-19, 12:02
In Rio you'll find the fittest girls in the favelas. Walking up and down the morro's keep them in shape. They don't need any stair machines.I don't know about all that. I was in Olinda a couple weeks ago and saw this huge woman walking around the hilly terrain. Sweating my ass off and huffing and puffing, I asked the chick that I was with how in the hell can someone be that big walking around here everyday?

Sperto
05-15-19, 15:55
I don't know about all that. I was in Olinda a couple weeks ago and saw this huge woman walking around the hilly terrain. Sweating my ass off and huffing and puffing, I asked the chick that I was with how in the hell can someone be that big walking around here everyday?
Conclusion? You saw a fat woman walking the small hills in Olinda, does that mean that daily walking up and down favela morros and sometimes walking up several hundreds of steep stairs carrying 10 bags of groceries doesn't help to keep you fit?

The Cane
05-15-19, 15:56
Did you guys know that Avianca is the second oldest, continuously operating airline in the world (after KLM)? If they do fold, then it will be an historic moment to note by those who follow the industry. I've flown them many times, and overall they were adequate, especially for short-haul flights. But occasionally, you could experience some third world shit. For example, on some flights they would allow for boarding from both the front and rear of the plane. Hey, why not? The aircraft has those doors, so why not put them to good use? But the problem was that there would be no control over who was boarding through which door. So, you would have idiots with seats at the front of the aircraft running to the rear entrance to board, and people with seats at the back of the aircraft boarding from the front. So, I'm sure you can easily imagine the cluster fuck inside the plane during boarding!

Eszpresszo
05-15-19, 17:43
Azul has had the better connections in Brazil for a while now. Anyone who's a StarAlliance frequent flyer has known that.Yeah, and last August you tried to tell me: "Everybody knows the discount carriers are in Asia and Europe. " Funny thing is Azul is a discount air carrier along with GOL. I sure your statement must also come as a surprise to those in Asia who fly Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoot, Nok and Air Lion. So stop trying to "one up" on everyone with your responses. I don't anyone is impressed.

WyattEarp
05-15-19, 19:10
For example, on some flights they would allow for boarding from both the front and rear of the plane. Hey, why not? The aircraft has those doors, so why not put them to good use? But the problem was that there would be no control over who was boarding through which door. So, you would have idiots with seats at the front of the aircraft running to the rear entrance to board, and people with seats at the back of the aircraft boarding from the front. So, I'm sure you can easily imagine the cluster fuck inside the plane during boarding!I thought the rear door was for those boarding with a carry-on chicken. ;)

Questner
05-16-19, 05:18
Did you guys know that Avianca is the second oldest, continuously operating airline in the world (after KLM)? If they do fold, then it will be an historic moment to note by those who follow the industry. I've flown them many times, and overall they were adequate, especially for short-haul flights. But occasionally, you could experience some third world shit. For example, on some flights they would allow for boarding from both the front and rear of the plane. Hey, why not? The aircraft has those doors, so why not put them to good use? But the problem was that there would be no control over who was boarding through which door. So, you would have idiots with seats at the front of the aircraft running to the rear entrance to board, and people with seats at the back of the aircraft boarding from the front. So, I'm sure you can easily imagine the cluster fuck inside the plane during boarding!LATAM is even worse. They make two lanes on boarding, one for passengers with carry-on on wheels, and another for passengers with backpacks. Then they give preference to folks with backpacks, and then when the overhead bins are filled fast with backpacks, and the passengers with larger carry-on luggage have to find the place for them further and further down to the end of the plane, the attendants don't move the smaller pieces down under the seats to free the space. So when it's time to leave the plane, many have to struggle back to pick up their luggage. On one of the flights the crew announced they are going to open the rear door to expedite de-boarding. So when half of the passengers took their luggage and changed direction, the crew changed its mind and never opened the second door.

Golfinho
05-16-19, 05:38
Yeah, and last August you tried to tell me: "Everybody knows the discount carriers are in Asia and Europe. " Funny thing is Azul is a discount air carrier along with GOL. I sure your statement must also come as a surprise to those in Asia who fly Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoot, Nok and Air Lion. So stop trying to "one up" on everyone with your responses. I don't anyone is impressed.Hold onto yourself now, long enough see the prices Azul charges for an hour or so flight compared to the cost of an Asian discount carrier. And Azul gives snacks free! And water! And they don't charge for luggage. And, Azul is a member of Star Alliance. OK, so you're confused what a discount carrier is.

Golfinho
05-16-19, 05:56
LATAM is even worse. They make two lanes on boarding, one for passengers with carry-on on wheels, and another for passengers with backpacks. Then they give preference to folks with backpacks, and then when the overhead bins areBoard the window seats first genius. Only Latam could come up with that.

Nordico
05-16-19, 17:11
On my last trip to Brazil I flew 5 legs with GOL. They had a Black Friday offer for the GOL Conforto seats, BRL 25 for each leg and I boarded in the second group after the elderly, pregnant women etc. No hassle at all and well worth the money with dedicated check-in counter and 10 cm extra leg room.

Rock Harders
05-16-19, 21:01
Hold onto yourself now, long enough see the prices Azul charges for an hour or so flight compared to the cost of an Asian discount carrier. And Azul gives snacks free! And water! And they don't charge for luggage. And, Azul is a member of Star Alliance. OK, so you're confused what a discount carrier is.I am a big fan of Azul; however, some clarification is needed here:

1. Azul is NOT in Star Alliance; they do however partner with United and TAP Portugal.

2. Azul DOES charge for checked luggage, but not for carry on luggage.

WyattEarp
05-16-19, 22:33
On my last trip to Brazil I flew 5 legs with GOL. They had a Black Friday offer for the GOL Conforto seats, BRL 25 for each leg and I boarded in the second group after the elderly, pregnant women etc. No hassle at all and well worth the money with dedicated check-in counter and 10 cm extra leg room.US $6 per leg? Whaaa?

Golfinho
05-16-19, 23:14
I am a big fan of Azul; however, some clarification is needed here:
1. Azul is NOT in Star Alliance; they do however partner with United and TAP Portugal.2. Azul DOES charge for checked luggage, but not for carry on luggage.Thanks for the clarification, although for practical purposes the distinction was moot. Buying the tickets (6 flights) on the United website, full PQM and PQD as well as reward miles were given. Also, reward tickets can be procured for as little as 8,000 miles. With premier 1-K, no charge for luggage. You would know more than me for luggage charges for non-frequent flyers.

Nordico
05-17-19, 03:19
US $6 per leg? Whaaa?Just for the seat, as extra service. Not for whole ticket.

Java Man
05-17-19, 07:50
Avianca's majority shareholder, BRW, defaulted on the Loan, held by United. Avianca was placed as collateral for half a billion dollars. "If BRW cannot repay United, the American airline would become the controlling shareholder. ".

https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-avianca-acquisition/

Eszpresszo
05-17-19, 13:04
I am a big fan of Azul; however, some clarification is needed here:

1. Azul is NOT in Star Alliance; they do however partner with United and TAP Portugal.

2. Azul DOES charge for checked luggage, but not for carry on luggage.Correct. And you can use miles from United's MileagePlus program for flights on Azul. Only 8 k from GRU to CNF, which is very generous compared to what United levies for their own flights.

Chris Long
05-21-19, 05:29
Where is the best place to exchange money at GIG and what is the best way to get from GIG to Copacabana.

Thanks.

NoTaWorry
05-22-19, 10:26
My lady friend and I would like to do a trip to Brazil. (maybe one of many?) I am a veteran of the German FKK scene. She has been to a few clubs in Germany as well as coming with me to one trip in Thailand.

Would love some advice / pointers. If anyone is from the NYC area (most of the year), or is planning on being in Darmstaadt area or Paris in June to early July would be happy to chat in person. If you need any advice on NYC or Germany I'd be happy to share. Can possibly meet my friend and I in Paris.

Some info about us, some of it is probably obvious but some of it might be unusual:

We have never been to Brazil. We don't speak Portuguese. I'd like to bring a female friend of mine so I would like for her to be comfortable. She has been to German FKK clubs with me but our experiences haven't been that great as a couple in Germany as almost none of the girls in FKK clubs are really bisexual at all and enough of the working girls in FKK land give her bad looks so she is rather uninterested in going to the German FKK clubs. She is zero percent jealous and loves watching me fuck but if she isn't welcome in Brazillian Brothels then we need some fun and safe options for occupying her time when I am at the brothels. Maybe we would have luck bringing girls back to the hotel?

So for a Brazil trip I am concerned about her experience and her safety when I'm busy with any ladies. If we find some pretty bi girls that would be fantastic but not necessary. We both have a taste in skinny as well. Not sure Brazil would be the best for skinny but pretty is pretty. Looking over some of the photos in Brazil photos forum there are some skinnier girls which are within spec who I think I / we would enjoy.

I assume Sao Paolo and Rio are the best options based on the forum topic titles. We are thinking of going in January 2020 for up to a month. I imagine going during Carnival isn't necessary for our first trip and January would probably be nice and the prices would be higher in February?

Where do you recommend we stay? What would you budget for hotels? We prefer clean and comfortable but we don't need luxury. I usually stay in hotels in Germany which are about $50-$100 per night and in Phuket & Bangkok Thailand around $40-$70 a night to get an idea of what we have enjoyed in the past. She loved Thailand when we stayed their last year for 3 weeks, mostly Phuket.

What would you budget for the sex? In German FKK land I usually session for about 1-3 hours per day but when I've found someone really dynamite I've done longer, up to 5+ hours (this is rare). I've also on rare occasions not sessioned at all when I don't find anyone appealing; this usually only happens when I go to a FKK club which my German friend wanted to go to and when we don't share the same taste in girls. Probably done about 10 3 somes as well in FKK when I know at least one of the girls really well.

Do you think my friend and I will find action together? Or in Brazil will she be spending a lot of time by herself?

How much would you recommend budgeting for the ladies? For food etc?

Any must to tourist spots?

Do you recommend Sao Paolo or Rio or both or both +?

How would you generalize the human experience / chemistry between yourself and the working girls in Brazil versus the mainly Romanian experience in FKK land?

Do you guys do condom BJ in Brazil versus Europe or USA? Do you think the risk of STD contraction worse in Brazil?

What is the legality of sex work in Brazil and what does a mongerer need to know about the laws of the land?

How much cash are you guys comfortable carrying to and from "brothels". Any fear of money / possessions being taken from your hotel?

How safe do you feel in the places you frequent in Brazil.

How safe would my young lady friend who doesn't speak Portuguese feel?

Side note we both practice martial arts and will probably be looking into some BJJ (Brazilian Jiujitsu) academies while we are down there but I'm pretty sure the BJJ academies are easy to find.

Ill keep looking into the Brazil forums but I figure introducing myself a bit and asking some questions could be very helpful in getting the ball rolling. Again, happy to meet up in NYC, Paris or Darmstadt (or Frankfurt area) to discuss.

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience and wisdom.