PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

Krilimag
03-25-24, 18:23
Hello To All,

Wanted to use Seeking Arrangement prior to a trip for pre-planning but wanted to find out from the experiences of the experts on this board:

Primarily --1. Do I need to sign-up and pay -up for the SA? Or can I use the free version of SA and still get the information needed from the prospects?

2. Any lessons learned from the group that they can share?

Thank you.

The Cane
03-25-24, 20:30
Gee man, take it easy, will you? The guy asked about hotel pricing in Rio vs. SP. For someone who doesn't visit often, a totally legit question. Instead you're lecturing him using pointless generalities about how hotel prices are more expensive than other options (which is NOT always true, BTW).That's just him being his usual angry monger self LOL! Sounds just like "Shoebree" (a. K. a. Shoetroll) sometimes. He actually has some good intel if you can manage to wade through all the acrimony.

Septimius
03-28-24, 02:11
Hello To All,

Wanted to use Seeking Arrangement prior to a trip for pre-planning but wanted to find out from the experiences of the experts on this board:

Primarily --1. Do I need to sign-up and pay -up for the SA? Or can I use the free version of SA and still get the information needed from the prospects?

2. Any lessons learned from the group that they can share?

Thank you.You can sign up for free and view profiles. But to send and read messages, you will have to pay the membership fees. Sometimes they will run specials and that's usually when I join. 1 or 3 months at a time and don't renew. Good luck.

Rio Bob
03-29-24, 21:09
This might be of interest to most of you who don't have their visa yet:

https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/?

The Cane
03-29-24, 21:27

https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/?Why don't these people make up their minds? It's incompetence at work if you ask me!

Mr Enternational
03-30-24, 02:30
https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/?A line in the article reminded me of one of my favorite old school Brazilian Funk songs, Rap the Felicidade. "claiming the move would attract more tourists to Brazil, a post card perfect country".

Nunca vi cartão postal que se destaque uma favela.

Só vejo paisagem muito linda e muito bela.

Quem vai pro exterior the favela sente saudade.

O gringo vem aqui e andão conhece a realidade.

I have never seen a postcard that highlights a favela.

I only see a very beautiful scenery.

Anyone who goes outside the favela misses it.

The foreigner comes here and doesn't know the reality.

World Jockey
03-30-24, 04:50

https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/?Yeah they are all over the place with that.

Total shit show.

Mr Enternational
04-06-24, 23:02
These sites say US, Canadians, and Australians will need a visa next week. The decree is from 4 January. Was it canceled or not?

https://www.riotimesonline.com/new-visa-rules-for-u-s-canadian-and-australian-tourists-to-brazil/

https://www.infomoney.com.br/consumo/brasil-passa-a-exigir-visto-para-turistas-de-australia-canada-e-eua/amp/

LuvChicas
04-07-24, 10:37
These sites say US, Canadians, and Australians will need a visa next week. The decree is from 4 January. Was it canceled or not?

https://www.riotimesonline.com/new-visa-rules-for-u-s-canadian-and-australian-tourists-to-brazil/

https://www.infomoney.com.br/consumo/brasil-passa-a-exigir-visto-para-turistas-de-australia-canada-e-eua/amp/It was postponed, now required effective April 10,2024.

Nounce
04-07-24, 11:57
O gringo vem aqui e andão conhece a realidade.Is it nao? Messed by the ISG spell checker?

Axel Heyst
04-07-24, 13:18

https://www.infomoney.com.br/consumo/brasil-passa-a-exigir-visto-para-turistas-de-australia-canada-e-eua/amp/There has been no change in the April 10 deadline that I have seen on the Official Brazilian Consulate visa website 3 days to go before the deadline. I am betting US, Canadians, and Australians will need a visa to enter Brazil starting Wednesday. I hope I am wrong. But if I am right I will apply for the damn thing in May which will be approximately 1.5 months before my planned SP arrival date in the middle of June.

Vagabundo1
04-08-24, 05:00
Twitter to be cut off in Brazil?

https://twitter.com/shellenberger/status/1776776372351836642?t=yWZxIcZQakIqduBQbv8OSQ&s=19

Brazil IS ON THE BRINK.

I'm reporting to you from Brazil, where a dramatic series of events are underway.

At 5:52 pm Eastern Time, today, April 6, 2024, X corporation, formerly known as Twitter, announced that a Brazilian court had forced it to "block certain popular accounts in Brazil. ".

Then, less than one hour later, the owner of X.

At ElonMusk.

Announced that X would defy the court's order, and lift all restrictions.

"As a result," said Musk, "we will probably lose all revenue in Brazil and have to shut down our office there. But principles matter more than profit. ".

At any moment, Brazil's Supreme Court could shut off all access to X / Twitter for the people of Brazil.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Brazil is on the brink of dictatorship at the hands of a totalitarian Supreme Court Justice named Alexandre de Moraes.

President Lula the Silva is participating in the push toward totalitarianism. Since taking office, Lula has massively increased government funding of the mainstream news media, most of which are encouraging increased censorship.

What Lula and de Moraes are doing is an outrageous violation of Brazil's constitution and the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.

At this moment, Brazil is not yet a dictatorship. It still has elections and the Brazilian people have other means at their disposal to confront authoritarianism.

But the Federal Supreme Court and the Superior Electoral Court are directly interfere in those elections through censorship.

Three days ago I published the Twitter Files for Brazil. They show that Moraes has violated the Brazilian Constitution. Moraes illegally demanded that Twitter reveal private information about Twitter users who used hashtags he considered inappropriate. He demanded access to Twitter's internal data, violating the platform's policy. He censored, on his own initiative and without any respect for due process, posts on Twitter by parliamentarians from the Brazilian Congress. And Moraes tried to turn Twitter's content moderation policies into a weapon against supporters of then-president Jair Bolsonaro.

I say this as an independent and non-partisan journalist. I'm not a fan of either Bolsonaro or Trump. My political views are very moderate. But I know censorship when I see it.

The Twitter Files also revealed that Google, Facebook, Uber, WhatsApp and Instagram betrayed the people of Brazil. If such evidence is proven, the executives of these companies behaved like cowards: they provided the Brazilian government with personal registration data and telephone numbers without a court order and, therefore, violating the law.

When Twitter refused to provide Brazilian authorities with private user information, including direct messages, the government attempted to sue Twitter's top Brazilian lawyer.

When I lived in Brazil in 1992, I was very left-wing. At the time, Lula and the PT's slogans were "Without fear of being happy".

In recent days, I have spoken to dozens of Brazilians, including professors, journalists and respected lawyers. Everyone tells me they are shocked by what is happening. They told me that they are afraid to speak their mind and that the Lula government is complicit in creating this climate of fear.

Brazil belongs to the Brazilians. It is not my country. As such, there are limits to what I am capable of doing.

But I can say things that many Brazilians do not feel safe saying: Alexandre de Moraes is a tyrant. And the only way to deal with tyrants is to confront them. It is up to Brazil's senators to confront the tyrant. And it is up to the people of Brazil to demand that their senators do so.

Axel Heyst
04-08-24, 13:47

https://twitter.com/shellenberger/status/1776776372351836642?t=yWZxIcZQakIqduBQbv8OSQ&s=19

Brazil IS ON THE BRINK.

I'm reporting to you from Brazil, where a dramatic series of events are underway.

I say this as an independent and non-partisan journalist. I'm not a fan of either Bolsonaro or Trump. My political views are very moderate. But I know censorship when I see it.

The Twitter Files also revealed that Google, Facebook, Uber, WhatsApp and Instagram betrayed the people of Brazil. If such evidence is proven, the executives of these companies behaved like cowards: they provided the Brazilian government with personal registration data and telephone numbers without a court order and, therefore, violating the law.

When Twitter refused to provide Brazilian authorities with private user information, including direct messages, the government attempted to sue Twitter's top Brazilian lawyer.

When I lived in Brazil in 1992, I was very left-wing. At the time, Lula and the PT's slogans were "Without fear of being happy".

In recent days, I have spoken to dozens of Brazilians, including professors, journalists and respected lawyers. Everyone tells me they are shocked by what is happening. They told me that they are afraid to speak their mind and that the Lula government is complicit in creating this climate of fear.

Brazil belongs to the Brazilians. It is not my country. As such, there are limits to what I am capable of doing.

But I can say things that many Brazilians do not feel safe saying: Alexandre de Moraes is a tyrant. And the only way to deal with tyrants is to confront them. It is up to Brazil's senators to confront the tyrant. And it is up to the people of Brazil to demand that their senators do so.Thank you for posting this timely report. It is very informative and sad. I have been following these news events from afar and it is amazing how parallel what is going on in Brazil is to what is happening in the USA. So, brace up. I am pretty sure that you will soon be attacked on these pages by left wing, Woke Jacobin BM's who hate anyone who opposes their special brand of authoritarism. We live in precarious times. I can't believe what is happening in the USA. Nobody could have imagined this shit happening 10 years ago. It is time to stand up for our rights and freedoms before they disappear forever. This is no time for sitting on the fence anymore.

Vagabundo1
04-08-24, 18:59
It's for this that one should get several NSFW whatsa99 and 7 witter accounts and and many anon numbers from the central station metro in cash.

Brazil IS ON THE BRINK.

At 5:52 pm Eastern Time, today, April 6, 2024, X corporation, formerly known as Twitter, announced that a Brazilian court had forced it to "block certain popular accounts in Brazil. ".

Then, less than one hour later, the owner of X.

At ElonMusk.

Announced that X would defy the court's order, and lift all restrictions.

"As a result," said Musk, "we will probably lose all revenue in Brazil and have to shut down our office there. But principles matter more than profit. ".

At any moment, Brazil's Supreme Court could shut off all access to X / Twitter for the people of Brazil.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Brazil is on the brink of dictatorship at the hands of a totalitarian Supreme Court Justice named Alexandre de Moraes.

President Lula the Silva is participating in the push toward totalitarianism. Since taking office, Lula has massively increased government funding of the mainstream news media, most of which are encouraging increased censorship.

What Lula and de Moraes are doing is an outrageous violation of Brazil's constitution and the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.

At this moment, Brazil is not yet a dictatorship. It still has elections and the Brazilian people have other means at their disposal to confront authoritarianism.

But the Federal Supreme Court and the Superior Electoral Court are directly interfere in those elections through censorship.

Three days ago I published the Twitter Files for Brazil. They show that Moraes has violated the Brazilian Constitution. Moraes illegally demanded that Twitter reveal private information about Twitter users who used hashtags he considered inappropriate. He demanded access to Twitter's internal data, violating the platform's policy. He censored, on his own initiative and without any respect for due process, posts on Twitter by parliamentarians from the Brazilian Congress. And Moraes tried to turn Twitter's content moderation policies into a weapon against supporters of then-president Jair Bolsonaro.

But I can say things that many Brazilians do not feel safe saying: Alexandre de Moraes is a tyrant. And the only way to deal with tyrants is to confront them. It is up to Brazil's senators to confront the tyrant. And it is up to the people of Brazil to demand that their senators do so.

Rio Bob
04-08-24, 21:19
At what age do men get bored with sex, or lose its appeal as a weekly thing and become more of a monthly thing. Is it normal to reach early 50's and just not care that much?

My T level was 210 as of last week. Low for man in his 50’s!

Early 50's is way too young for this plus your T is low. Best thing to do is to lose weight, get down to the weight you should be for your height. Limit alcohol intake, exercise and especially weight lifting which is very important. Change your diet to be clean and eliminate processed foods, increase protein. At some point introduce intermittent fasting starting with 2 meals a day and then Omad one meal a day, this will increase human growth hormone and T. It's not easy to stay young but it's worth it.

Vagabundo1
04-09-24, 00:18
Good advice.

Low for man in his 50s!

Early 50's is way too young for this plus your T is low. Best thing to do is to lose weight, get down to the weight you should be for your height. Limit alcohol intake, exercise and especially weight lifting which is very important. Change your diet to be clean and eliminate processed foods, increase protein. At some point introduce intermittent fasting starting with 2 meals a day and then Omad one meal a day, this will increase human growth hormone and T. It's not easy to stay young but it's worth it.

LAHenry
04-10-24, 02:45
Yeah they are all over the place with that.

Total shit show.100%. Ridiculous, while Eu and UK, even Mexico can visit w / o visa up to 90 days. Maybe its time to visit Pattaya instead

XXL
04-10-24, 05:57
100%. Ridiculous, while Eu and UK, even Mexico can visit w / o visa up to 90 days. Maybe its time to visit Pattaya insteadBrazilians are allowed to stay 90 days on a visa waver in the EU. Reciprocity. Simple.

SoberHans69
04-10-24, 06:18
100%. Ridiculous, while Eu and UK, even Mexico can visit w / o visa up to 90 days. Maybe its time to visit Pattaya insteadI'm pretty sure it was in response to your government doing it to their citizens first so maybe you should blame them.

NiteRiderCal
04-10-24, 16:43
I'm pretty sure it was in response to your government doing it to their citizens first so maybe you should blame them.Delay again to 2025. One girl I was with say if she ever get a visa to the US, she will never leave. I'm all in support of that. Hahha.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/brazil-postpones-visa-requirements-us-canada-australia-time-109086597

Axel Heyst
04-10-24, 18:35
Delay again to 2025. One girl I was with say if she ever get a visa to the US, she will never leave. I'm all in support of that. Hahha.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/brazil-postpones-visa-requirements-us-canada-australia-time-109086597Wow, talk about last minute reprieves. This ranks pretty high up there. KKK. But don't get me wrong. I am very glad this happened so I will not have to bother getting a visa for another year.

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

But the question remains, if Lula wants this retaliatory visa BS so bad, why doesn't he just set it up like Cambodia and require a visa upon arrival and charge visitors with passports from certain countries whatever the fuck he wants? Easy peasy! How many Lula's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Foolish
04-11-24, 17:35
In a way it seems like customer profiling to me. I am sure the CARD when entered informs them as to which currency (country) the card was issued in. If they are doing prior to CARD entry, then only by speaking or asking for an English menu would they have a slight clue as to your origins.

Canuck here. I think it's more to do with local retail customs. I imagine a lot of funny stuff happens with customers trying to mess with the transactions or tossing the expensive terminals roughly or something. IE some servers are trained to clutch the terminal and hold it while I am tapping or entering tip or whatever. The conversion rate dialog is pretty normal while travelling for me when using credit. Funny thing is with ATMs and bank cards, I don't get the same dialogs that a lot of Americans seem to get in regards to the rate conversion.

My 0. 02.

F.

Foolish
04-11-24, 17:39
Wow, talk about last minute reprieves. This ranks pretty high up there. KKK. But don't get me wrong. I am very glad this happened so I will not have to bother getting a visa for another year.
I had to change plans, but thought I was coming down in a few weeks. The evisa process online took probably 6-7 minutes. The longest portion was making sure the photo was the correct sizing (haha from all the previous posters complaining).

Got it with no revisions in 2 weeks. Much like the CPF, I just found it easier to just get it and have more options.

F.

TjBrazil
04-11-24, 18:22
Wow, talk about last minute reprieves. This ranks pretty high up there. KKK. But don't get me wrong. I am very glad this happened so I will not have to bother getting a visa for another year.

But the question remains, if Lula wants this retaliatory visa BS so bad, why doesn't he just set it up like Cambodia and require a visa upon arrival and charge visitors with passports from certain countries whatever the fuck he wants? Easy peasy! How many Lula's does it take to screw in a light bulb?Yep, they could easily charge 50 a visit. It's not going to stop any of us from going.

Xpartan
04-12-24, 07:11

But the question remains, if Lula wants this retaliatory visa BS so bad, why doesn't he just set it up like Cambodia and require a visa upon arrival and charge visitors with passports from certain countries whatever the fuck he wants? Easy-peasy!Because:

1. Easy-peasy is not the Brazilian way.

2. With VOA his consuls wouldn't feel any love. And love is all they need as the song goes.

That being said, VOA can be a huge PITA. I'm not a fan after experiencing it in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Hanoi (the worst was in SR, what a hot mess!

Axel Heyst
04-12-24, 16:47
That being said, VOA can be a huge PITA. I'm not a fan after experiencing it in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Hanoi (the worst was in SR, what a hot mess!I have only experienced VOA in Phnom, but it was on several occasions, and it was never a problem because I am usually among the 1st passengers off the plane, so I am one of the 1st guys in line to pay for and receive the VOA.

I have never flown internationally into Siem Reap, but I will take your word for it that it was an understaffed long line. But I think that would still be preferable over LuLa's proposed and intrusive internet application requirements. But to each his own. KKK. I am just happy I won't be filling out any forms for my upcoming trip in June / July 2024 and I will plan my follow up 2025 trip to begin on or before April 8, 2025. After that I'll see what happens. If Lula's visa requirements are actually imposed, I might finally head back to SE Asia. It has been a long, long time since I had some real good Thai food and Thai girls are more into barebacking and tequila than Brazilian girls. 555.

CatBert55
04-12-24, 19:22

But the question remains, if Lula wants this retaliatory visa BS so bad, why doesn't he just set it up like Cambodia and require a visa upon arrival and charge visitors with passports from certain countries whatever the fuck he wants? Easy peasy! How many Lula's does it take to screw in a light bulb?Because if it was easy-peasy it wouldn't be retaliatory. Brazil wants it to be a PITA. That's the point.

Xpartan
04-13-24, 06:32
I have only experienced VOA in Phnom, but it was on several occasions, and it was never a problem because I am usually among the 1st passengers off the plane, so I am one of the 1st guys in line to pay for and receive the VOA.

I have never flown internationally into Siem Reap, but I will take your word for it that it was an understaffed long line. But I think that would still be preferable over LuLa's proposed and intrusive internet application requirements. But to each his own. KKK. I am just happy I won't be filling out any forms for my upcoming trip in June / July 2024 and I will plan my follow up 2025 trip to begin on or before April 8, 2025. After that I'll see what happens. If Lula's visa requirements are actually imposed, I might finally head back to SE Asia. It has been a long, long time since I had some real good Thai food and Thai girls are more into barebacking and tequila than Brazilian girls. 555.Maybe I was just unlucky because I've flown just once to each location (with REP being the worst). To be fair, I'll never forget an almost 3-hour-long immigration line at BKK once (and that was a priority line on a first-class ticket, mind you), a 1. 5 hour line under a scorching sun at Mataveri airport on Easter Island (also just an immigration line, no visa required). And other immigration lines around the world I remember that had nothing to do with VOA.

My Brazil visa expires in 2026, so I'm set for now anyway. Of course, any visa sucks, but eVisa is much easier compared to the old system when you had to commute to the consulate twice (that's if you're lucky to live in a consulate city). And it used to cost twice as much. Is eVisa still going to be 10 years? If so, I'm fine with this hoop.

Of course, Lula is foolish to be doing this, especially that Brazil is not all that popular with "normal" North American tourists. I mean, when it takes longer to fly to your country than Greece or France, do you really want to give people an incentive to travel elsewhere? But this is hardly the first time when Brazil shoots itself in the foot, so nothing's new really.