PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Euro100
05-03-09, 12:38
Hi

Just wondering if there are shops selling the copy sunglasses
in copa. I don't want to bring my originals so was going to buy
some copy designer brands when I get there.

Also are there shops along copacabana beach selling the fake stuff
like there is in thailand?

Thanks
Of course! The best collection fake stuff, however, is not found at the Copa. Instead, hop on the sub way and get off at the Uruguaiana station. As you exit that station, you can find an open air market, where you can buy watches, T-shirts, sunglasses, shoes, toiletries, radios, MP3s, bags, whatever. And at excellent prices ...
euro

Brazil Rio
05-04-09, 15:12
Of course! The best collection fake stuff, however, is not found at the Copa. Instead, hop on the sub way and get off at the Uruguaiana station. As you exit that station, you can find an open air market, where you can buy watches, T-shirts, sunglasses, shoes, toiletries, radios, MP3s, bags, whatever. And at excellent prices.

Eurowell, I DO NOT recommend to a foreigner to go alone to uruguaiana area (SAARA), specially if you have no portuguese skills.

I am carioca, living here for a lifetime and I don't feel safe there.

Welcome,

Brazil Rio

Sperto
05-04-09, 19:35
well, I DO NOT recommend to a foreigner to go alone to uruguaiana area (SAARA), specially if you have no portuguese skills.
Welcome,
Brazil Rio
Saara dangerous...? It's a shopping district, crowded with people. The most dangerous thing that will happen there (daytime) is that somebody will step on your feet.

Jan 156
05-04-09, 19:46
well, I DO NOT recommend to a foreigner to go alone to uruguaiana area (SAARA), specially if you have no portuguese skills.

Welcome,

Brazil Rio

What part of Rio do you live in? I know some cariocas that hardly ever travel out of their own district. I can tell they don't feel completely comfortable a few blocks from home. But Uruguiana is your city centre for goodness sake. Not the poshest bit admittedly. Saara can get extremely crowded. Maybe some people would feel a bit claustrophobic. Especially if you are well turned out. But daytime around there is much like any other market, barring places like Delhi's GB Road. It's safer than a lot of Rio markets, much less markets elsewhere in Brasil. I wouldn't feel safe about wandering round with a bulging wallet that might get pickpocketed but even that is a bit hypothetical. But if I get murdered behind the Metro, you can always say you were right. ;)

JohnnyBraz
05-05-09, 00:36
What part of Rio do you live in? I know some cariocas that hardly ever travel out of their own district. I can tell they don't feel completely comfortable a few blocks from home. But Uruguiana is your city centre for goodness sake. Not the poshest bit admittedly. Saara can get extremely crowded. Maybe some people would feel a bit claustrophobic. Especially if you are well turned out. But daytime around there is much like any other market, barring places like Delhi's GB Road. It's safer than a lot of Rio markets, much less markets elsewhere in Brasil. I wouldn't feel safe about wandering round with a bulging wallet that might get pickpocketed but even that is a bit hypothetical. But if I get murdered behind the Metro, you can always say you were right. ;)I find centro completley safe even late at night on a weekend.

Abzsafado
05-05-09, 09:20
You can bring your own sups and not worry about customs. The items you mentioned are legal. As far as declaring it, read the declaration sheet when you are on the plane to make that determination. Either way, you won't have a problem - its not illegal to take protein and creatine.
or
You can get the supplements you need in Rio (more room in your suitcase). There are a few health stores that sell supplements on N.S. Copacabana.
Plus on most corners there are food and juice places. They can mix you a protien drink right there on the spot. I bet the gyms even sell the stuff too.
Nearly all the gyms I have used have had a small juice bar and will mix up a protein shake for you. Juice bars in the street will also mix them up sometimes with guarana etc, saves a lot of hassle with shakers etc.

Ryjerrob
05-07-09, 05:05
Does anyone know anything about this place? It's over on Prado Junior. I think I may have remember seeing some chat about this place. Anyway, I got a business card from some girl, and was wondering if it's worth checking out.

ryjer

Ryjerrob
05-07-09, 07:06
Anyone know if I can have a document notarized at the consulate in Centro? If so, what's the price?

ryjer

Sperto
05-07-09, 07:50
Anyone know if I can have a document notarized at the consulate in Centro? If so, what's the price?
ryjer
I would recommend you to go to a Cartório. It will only cost you a few reais.

JohnnyBraz
05-07-09, 08:58
Does anyone know anything about this place? It's over on Prado Junior. I think I may have remember seeing some chat about this place. Anyway, I got a business card from some girl, and was wondering if it's worth checking out.

ryjerWent there once. (about 4 trips ago) can't remember the fee to go in, but it included 1 drink. As soon as I sat down garotas came to the table wanting drinks. I left after 1 drink. Prices for drinks are expensive so watch your bill. Not worth visiting. Go to the termas.

Fashion
05-07-09, 15:15

ryjerYou can do it in the consulate, only if you need it to be valid in your country, I don't remember the fee.

Sorry

Poucolouco
05-07-09, 15:40

ryjer

Here is the slate of Consular Fees but I suggest you (try to) call them to make sure they offer the service you need. This list is from the U.S.Embassy page and it isn't clear that all Consulates provide these services.
Telephone: (0xx21) 3823-2000

SERVICES
Service Fee (US$)
Oaths and acknowledgements
first service (seal) $30
additional seal $20
Certify True Copy
first copy $30
additional copy $20
Authentication of local official's Signature $30.00

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=1225&submenu=7&itemmenu=58

If you have a question about visas, passports, U.S. Citizen Services, notary services or other consular matters, e-mail visario@state.gov
to contact Rio de Janeiro

The Watcher
05-07-09, 17:03

ryjer

I have been inside a couple of times over the years; however, I haven't been inside for at least 5 years. I have not returned because every time I went inside there were hardly any girls in there and the girls on the outside trying to get you to come in were better looking than the girls on the inside.

If you are walking by on your way to Erotika or Barbarella, you might as well check it out and see for yourself. I would not go out of my way to visit this place.

Rio Bob
05-10-09, 03:16
what was rio like in the 90's. was it really cheap. less crowded. i assume that before the internet really took off in the 2000's, rio was still a secret gem. high speed wasnt widely available in the 90's so you didn't have all these people finding out step by step instructions on everything termas/help/copa. think about it. w/o the internet, do you know how hard it would be to find all this information about all these termas and othon palace, help. am i right on my theory? i would love to hear comments from people about what brazil was like in the 80's 90's compared to today.

i have said this before so for you guys who read it i apologize.

my first time to rio was memorial day weekend 1980, i was working for pan american world airlines and it was one of my first big trips. i was very young and the group i went with were older more seasoned travelers. they chose to stay in ipanema, i went along for the ride, never went to copacabana, didn’t know there was a monger scene there, just did the normal tourist stuff, had no sex at all.

a year and a half later(nov 81) i asked a buddy of mine to go on a trip with me, our first stop was rio, this time we stayed on copacabana, still didn’t know about any monger scene, still no clue, still no internet and exchange of information. the first night we were sitting at an outdoor café on copacabana and i turned to my friend and said there is something strange here in this café, i said the café is filled with young beautiful girls and they are staring at us, i think we might have stumbled upon something. well we had a blast that night, i pulled a lorenzo and snuck the girl into the rio palace hotel (now sofitel), i went back to rio 35 times between that date and 1987.

rio was real cheap then, everybody wanted dollars, everybody was selling brazilian currency at 30 -40 % above official rate, marius was $6 for a full meal.

of course there was no internet so the way you found out about places was through word of mouth, copacabana mongering was very simple then as it is now. help opened up in 1984 but really wasn’t a place the girls went to, it was a non pro place. sure we heard about low end places in centro, praca mau and places like villa mimosa but it wasn’t our cup of tea then as now. many of the taxi drives would hand out brochures for termas, aeroporto was very popular, i went once but preferred copa freelance then as i do today.

then i went back to rio after a 10 year lapse in 1997, i searched the internet and came across the world sex guide, i read all the reports and was surprised to see that help was a place that gdp’s frequented because i only remember it as a non pro place. my first night back in rio i actually went to barbarellas in 1997, didn’t go to help until the 2nd night because a guy i met in barbarellas pushed me to go there and i fell in love with the place and have been going there ever since.

Cho 637
05-10-09, 03:33
Nearly all the gyms I have used have had a small juice bar and will mix up a protein shake for you. Juice bars in the street will also mix them up sometimes with guarana etc, saves a lot of hassle with shakers etc.

In 2007, I went to a couple of stores looking for creatine and was told that it cannot be sold in Brazil. However, last year I took a bottle of MuscleTech's CreaKic in my checked bag and had no problems with customs.

Brazilman
05-10-09, 05:23
Its funny you mentioned whey protein. My first time to Rio, I brought a ziploc bag of gatorade and a ziplock bag of whey. I mix it as my post workout drink. Anyway, when I came back home through the miami airport, and at that time, the drug guy would act like a real asshole to you and ask you all kinds of questions as if you were guilty. He pissed me off so bad. Anyway, he opens my bag to check my stuff and he sees the 2 bags on top of my clothes. He gets all pissed. WHATS THAT! As if I was so stupid I was going to put my drugs in the suitcase in plain site. I was so fed up with this guy, I said sarcasticly" it must be orange and chocolate coke. I would check it if I were you. " "you are too smart for me" long story short he calls the other guy and they start asking me questions and I am so angry by this time, I really mess with them before they finally let me go through.

Good ole days of traveling.

Madd Love
05-10-09, 06:39
I have said this before so for you guys who read it I apologize.

My first time to Rio was memorial day weekend 1980, I was working for Pan American World Airlines and it was one of my first big trips. I was very young and the group I went with were older more seasoned travelers. They chose to stay in Ipanema, I went along for the ride, never went to Copacabana, didn’t know there was a monger scene there, just did the normal tourist stuff, had no sex at all.

A year and a half later(Nov 81) I asked a buddy of mine to go on a trip with me, our first stop was Rio, this time we stayed on Copacabana, still didn’t know about any monger scene, still no clue, still no internet and exchange of information. The first night we were sitting at an outdoor café on Copacabana and I turned to my friend and said there is something strange here in this café, I said the café is filled with young beautiful girls and they are staring at us, I think we might have stumbled upon something. Well we had a blast that night, I pulled a Lorenzo and snuck the girl into the Rio Palace hotel (Now Sofitel), I went back to Rio 35 times between that date and 1987.

Rio was real cheap then, everybody wanted dollars, everybody was selling Brazilian currency at 30 -40 % above official rate, Marius was $6 for a full meal.

Of course there was no internet so the way you found out about places was through word of mouth, Copacabana mongering was very simple then as it is now. Help opened up in 1984 but really wasn’t a place the girls went to, it was a non pro place. Sure we heard about low end places in Centro, Praca Mau and places like Villa Mimosa but it wasn’t our cup of tea then as now. Many of the taxi drives would hand out brochures for Termas, Aeroporto was very popular, I went once but preferred Copa freelance then as I do today.

Then I went back to Rio after a 10 year lapse in 1997, I searched the Internet and came across the World Sex guide, I read all the reports and was surprised to see that Help was a place that GDP’s frequented because I only remember it as a non pro place. My first night back in Rio I actually went to Barbarellas in 1997, didn’t go to Help until the 2nd night because a guy I met in Barbarellas pushed me to go there and I fell in love with the place and have been going there ever since.

It would be great to hear more of your stories of the 80's and 90's.
I am sure you have some. I am sure you have seen GDP's come and go on the scene. Was rio your only destination in Brazil? Have you ventured to Recife, Salvador, Forteleza (Stunning beaches as well as woman)?

JohnnyBraz
05-10-09, 07:15
I have said this before so for you guys who read it I apologize.

My first time to Rio was memorial day weekend 1980, I was working for Pan American World Airlines and it was one of my first big trips. I was very young and the group I went with were older more seasoned travelers. They chose to stay in Ipanema, I went along for the ride, never went to Copacabana, didn’t know there was a monger scene there, just did the normal tourist stuff, had no sex at all.

A year and a half later(Nov 81) I asked a buddy of mine to go on a trip with me, our first stop was Rio, this time we stayed on Copacabana, still didn’t know about any monger scene, still no clue, still no internet and exchange of information. The first night we were sitting at an outdoor café on Copacabana and I turned to my friend and said there is something strange here in this café, I said the café is filled with young beautiful girls and they are staring at us, I think we might have stumbled upon something. Well we had a blast that night, I pulled a Lorenzo and snuck the girl into the Rio Palace hotel (Now Sofitel), I went back to Rio 35 times between that date and 1987.

Rio was real cheap then, everybody wanted dollars, everybody was selling Brazilian currency at 30 -40 % above official rate, Marius was $6 for a full meal.

Of course there was no internet so the way you found out about places was through word of mouth, Copacabana mongering was very simple then as it is now. Help opened up in 1984 but really wasn’t a place the girls went to, it was a non pro place. Sure we heard about low end places in Centro, Praca Mau and places like Villa Mimosa but it wasn’t our cup of tea then as now. Many of the taxi drives would hand out brochures for Termas, Aeroporto was very popular, I went once but preferred Copa freelance then as I do today.

Then I went back to Rio after a 10 year lapse in 1997, I searched the Internet and came across the World Sex guide, I read all the reports and was surprised to see that Help was a place that GDP’s frequented because I only remember it as a non pro place. My first night back in Rio I actually went to Barbarellas in 1997, didn’t go to Help until the 2nd night because a guy I met in Barbarellas pushed me to go there and I fell in love with the place and have been going there ever since.Yeah sangue bon, we would all love to hear some stories about the 80's and 90's. In places to go, beach action, what restraunts the garotas used to hang in. Prices, GFE etc. What carnivals were like, revellion etc. Winters there.

Eros74
05-10-09, 14:23
I agree that the economic mindset in Brasil is ridiculous, "we aren't selling so much so we will put the price up", but there may be other factors at play here.....when a girl quotes a ridiculously high price and refuses to budge it might be a sign that she is not interested in you...

I post there to not continue in photo gallery...

I totally agree and I guess not many thought about it...and for me it works the contrary as well, so to be sure she likes you, or at least she not dislikes you, it is a good sign if she let her price goes down....imho

Brazil Rio
05-11-09, 19:51
Well, about the prices, I was in balcony's with 2 pro girls (99% of the girls fount there are pro, only ask the price and be happy). About this issue: money.

They both said that they couldn't go out with a "gringo" for less than are$300/night. Their goal is are$ 400 or more.

Strange that most of the forigners that I know doesn't hink that these prices are so high. They use to compare with US (like vegas) prices. And say it is very cheap.

Guys, you are been robbed.

Btw, I live in Tijuca, north zone, and yes, I still don't feel safe in Uruguaiana area.

Mr Enternational
05-12-09, 05:25
Btw, I live in Tijuca, north zone, and yes, I still don't feel safe in Uruguaiana area.
O que e isso colega? You live in Tijuca but don't feel safe downtown? Wow dude.

Ryjerrob
05-12-09, 06:08
They both said that they couldn't go out with a "gringo" for less than are$300/night. Their goal is are$ 400 or more.

Sounds like they were running a game on you...............looking for a really uneducated mongerer!!

Was just shopping in the Uruguaiana area today, and had no issues. You must live in a plastic bubble!!!

Superion
05-13-09, 03:09
Well, about the prices, I was in balcony's with 2 pro girls (99% of the girls fount there are pro, only ask the price and be happy). About this issue: money.

Strange that most of the forigners that I know doesn't hink that these prices are so high. They use to compare with US (like vegas) prices. And say it is very cheap.

Guys, you are been robbed.

Btw, I live in Tijuca, north zone, and yes, I still don't feel safe in Uruguaiana area.Don't worry, as this estrangeiro thinks those prices are BULLSHIT and I refuse to overpay for these guttermuppet *****s.

Rio Bob
05-13-09, 03:25
What was the currency before the real?

I would love to have gone in the 80's. If I only knew about that place when I was 18 to 25. Hell, even when I was 15! Could you imagine being a teenager back then and knowing about Rio. You could work after school and save up to go every summer for a month or 2.

When I first arrived in Rio 1980 the currency was called the Cruzeiro, inflation was rampant. You bought your money mostly on the black market, which was from any bell boy, jewelry store, taxi driver; they were selling Cruzeiros for Dollars. It got to be ridiculous that if you changed a few hundred dollars the amount of Cruzeiros you got back was huge, very bulky, could barely fit in your pocket. Then in the late 80's they changed the currency and called it Cruzados and just slashed a couple of zeros off the notes.

I was in my early 20's then, this was before aids, BBBJ and GFE was the norm so was bare back sex, never caught anything.

Money was never discussed beforehand with the GDP's, the next day when she left you gave her a small present as they called it.

I actually appreciate the young girls now more than then because then in my early 20's I was getting girls like this all over the world, so the girls in Rio were no big deal but don't get me wrong I was still hiting Rio about 7 times a year in addition to other major cities of the world.

Lorenzo
05-13-09, 03:45
When I first arrived in Rio 1980 the currency was called the Cruzeiro, inflation was rampant. You bought your money mostly on the black market, which was from any bell boy, jewelry store, taxi driver; they were selling Cruzeiros for Dollars. It got to be ridiculous that if you changed a few hundred dollars the amount of Cruzeiros you got back was huge, very bulky, could barely fit in your pocket. Then in the late 80's they changed the currency and called it Cruzados and just slashed a couple of zeros off the notes
Wasn't there a "New Cruzeiro" in there somewhere? Or is that the same as the Cruzado?

Rio Bob
05-13-09, 03:47
Yeah sangue bon, we would all love to hear some stories about the 80's and 90's. In places to go, beach action, what restraunts the garotas used to hang in. Prices, GFE etc. What carnivals were like, revellion etc. Winters there.

In the 80's non pro places I frequented were:
Regines in the Meridien hotel, it was in the basement, high class disco.

In the Rio Othon Palace on the side entrance they had a place called
Crocodiles, this was another disco type place although small,

Then of course Help opened in 1984, still looks the same today. I went here the least then but I go there the most now.

There was a place in Ipanema called Hippopotamus that is now Barronetti, I went there all the time. All these places were all non pro all very difficult to score without any Portuguese, just like today.

After a night out in one of the above places if we didn't score then we would walk Ave. Atlantica from Mabs all the way down to Pigalle looking for something nice hanging out in one of the Cafes. This is where the girls were in every cafe.

I didn't go to Rio for 10 years but then I returned in 1997 and found the WSG on the internet. I found it very strange that Mea Pataca was a focal point where the girls hung out because back in the 80's it was just like any other cafe along the avenue, they all had girls.

During the 80's I was also going to Amsterdam , I remember with the exchange rate that a girl in Amsterdam was about $18 for a quickie, I remember the girls from Copa for TLN were less. Barbarellas was more of course and it was in a different location from where it is today. I remember how I found out about it, I was checking into the Lido motel with a girl I picked up on Copa and this guy was checking in ahead of me with this stunning modelesque blond, I asked him, where did you find something like that, he told me Barbarellas, nice but expensive, even then.

During that time I was very busy, I never spent New Year in Rio, mostly in places like Zermatt, Innsbruck etc They didn't have that 10 day minimum like Rio does to book a hotel plus they were good places too. Same with Carnaval, I have never been to Carnaval in Rio mostly because I didn't want to compete with drunks who were on their vacation of a lifetime.

Rio Bob
05-13-09, 03:57
Wasn't there a "New Cruzeiro" in there somewhere? Or is that the same as the Cruzado?

I sort of remember that, don't remember exactly but I think what they did was just take the old bills and scratch the trailing zeros off, but I could be wrong, it's been a long time.

Rio Bob
05-13-09, 04:09
Would you give any of those girls that you had in 2000 R$200 for a session now? Time fades us all, older men pay more, older women earn less.

You're right, back in the 80's when I was in my early 20's we never even discussed money but the best was that the girl you had the night before was usually waiting outside your hotel for you the next night. Sometimes there would be a crowd out there.

This doesn't happen anymore but then again Im not in my early 20's anymore. But I enjoy my times in Rio now even more than I did then.

Sperto
05-13-09, 06:19
I've been saving some banknotes since I first visited Brazil in 1991.
In the period 1991 until they introduced the Real in 1994 they used currencies called:
(- Cruzado)
- Novo Cruzado
- Cruzeiro
- Cruzeiro Real

Sometimes there were new bills written "Cruzeiro", but they often used the old bills "Novo Cruzado" with "Cruzeiro" stamped on it. 200 Novos Cruzados became 200 Cruzeiros. They also stamped "Cruzeiros" on the even older "Cruzado" bills. 10000 Cruzados became 10 Cruzeiros.

Sui Generis
05-14-09, 13:40
I've been saving some banknotes since I first visited Brazil in 1991.
In the period 1991 until they introduced the Real in 1994 they used currencies called:
(- Cruzado)
- Novo Cruzado
- Cruzeiro
- Cruzeiro Real

Sometimes there were new bills written "Cruzeiro", but they often used the old bills "Novo Cruzado" with "Cruzeiro" stamped on it. 200 Novos Cruzados became 200 Cruzeiros. They also stamped "Cruzeiros" on the even older "Cruzado" bills. 10000 Cruzados became 10 Cruzeiros.

I still have in one of my drawers a bundle of old cruzeiros. I don't remember the exact amount but I guess it's more than 70,000. It worths actually virtually nothing. I remember then (in the early to mid 80's) that we had always to carry huge bundle of money because cruzeiros worth nothing then. Prices were astronomical figures in thousand of cruzeiros.

Hobbying
05-14-09, 15:57
Just rented it thought it was interesting take especially the female actress take on her about her character in the dvd extras interviews. Lots of insight for anyone that has never been to Brazil.

"British character actor Hugh Laurie stars in the improbable romantic comedy GIRL FROM RIO. Raymond (Laurie) is a bank clerk with a secret passion for samba. When he discovers his wife having an affair with his slimy boss, Raymond snaps and steals a hefty sum of cash from the bank, using it to fund a quick trip to Rio de Janeiro where he hopes to find Samba Monthly covergirl Orlinda (Brazilian model Vanessa Nunes). Upon his arrival, he falls in with scheming cab driver Paulo, who while agreeing to assist Raymond in his hunt, also has his eyes on the small fortune Raymond carries with him. While Raymond may be after one person in all of Rio, soon almost everyone in Rio is after him--or rather, what he carries with him."

Ryjerrob
05-15-09, 07:03
Just rented it thought it was interesting take especially the female actress take on her about her character in the dvd extras interviews. Lots of insight for anyone that has never been to Brazil.

Saw the movie a year ago. It was pretty funny. I enjoyed it. Why is it people steal money then want to return it?

Ryjerrob
05-15-09, 07:05
What's up with having a star tatoo? Does it mean something or just a basic design? I see all these girls with them on their shoulders.

ryjer

Hobbying
05-15-09, 11:50
Saw the movie a year ago. It was pretty funny. I enjoyed it. Why is it people steal money then want to return it?He wanted to but didn't though.

The girl in the interview says how because of poverty and the nature around causes them to steal when they see the opportunity. So now I have a perspective whenever I'm Brazil and a gdp is trying to get the highest rate she can out of me.

Ryjerrob
05-16-09, 21:52
I love getting into the airport and smelling the city. I can't take some of the bathrooms though. It's obvious there's no air circulation, but the stench of [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) make me gag. Bleach...........................mofo!

ryjer

Ryjerrob
05-16-09, 21:55
0 to 30 means shit in the rain on a motorcycle if I fall off!!!!!

RonnyRon
05-16-09, 23:05
What's up with having a star tatoo? Does it mean something or just a basic design? I see all these girls with them on their shoulders.

ryjer

I mean you are in Rio for an extended period, right? You speak portuguese and know several GDP & non-GDP. Why don't you ask them and report back to us what it means? You make report after report, but IMHO most add little insight or your posts lack any real depth. It's as if you post without any forethought. You just wake up with a thought and post it. I am not flaming you, I am simply speaking the true as I see it.

RR

Ryjerrob
05-17-09, 00:55
I mean you are in Rio for an extended period, right? You speak portuguese and know several GDP & non-GDP. Why don't you ask them and report back to us what it means? You make report after report, but IMHO most add little insight or your posts lack any real depth. It's as if you post without any forethought. You just wake up with a thought and post it. I am not flaming you, I am simply speaking the true as I see it.

RR

I apologize that my post aren't up to your standards. I only asked because I was looking for a quick answer. Please feel free to ignore any or all of my posts.

ryjer

RonnyRon
05-17-09, 05:57
I apologize that my post aren't up to your standards. I only asked because I was looking for a quick answer. Please feel free to ignore any or all of my posts.

ryjer

I will take you up on that offer. Perhaps all your posts are an attempt to become a moderator on this board. Seems on the Help board you only talk to yourself. Small wonder. I think Jackson should give you your own section here. Just my opinion.

RR

Ryjerrob
05-17-09, 06:43
I will take you up on that offer. Perhaps all your posts are an attempt to become a moderator on this board. Seems on the Help board you only talk to yourself. Small wonder. I think Jackson should give you your own section here. Just my opinion.

RR

Your opinion seems to be irrelevant. I don't require my own section nor am I attempting to be a moderator. If you have a problem with my post don't read them. Get over it already............

Prosal
05-17-09, 12:24
There was a place in Ipanema called Hippopotamus that is now Barronetti, I went there all the time.
Caligula on Praca da Paz in Ipanema was great also. I've had lofty scores there.

It was one of glamest and trendiest club in Rio in the early 90s.

Hitmanm3
05-17-09, 15:54

ryjerI have been living in the IronbBound section in NJ, which consist of 40% of the Brazilian population in the USA, so I asked some of my neighbors about the star tattoo, and this is what I have to report. The star tattoo does signify that you where a GDP or came from a less than desirable way of life, favela or poverty. That is the perception of a star tattoo. According to most Brazilians, no educated or well to do Brazilera would ever place a tattoo of a star on her body or place a tattoo on her body period, that was the general consensus among the Brazilian people.

Sperto
05-17-09, 19:32
I have been living in the IronbBound section in NJ, which consist of 40% of the Brazilian population in the USA, so I asked some of my neighbors about the star tattoo, and this is what I have to report. The star tattoo does signify that you where a GDP or came from a less than desirable way of life, favela or poverty. That is the perception of a star tattoo. According to most Brazilians, no educated or well to do Brazilera would ever place a tattoo of a star on her body or place a tattoo on her body period, that was the general consensus among the Brazilian people.
Your explanation was funny. :D
I don't judge you as I recall that you wrote in an earlier post that you have never been to Brazil.

Gisele Bündchen, brazilian model. The highest paid model in the world. Is she a poor favelada girl that works as a GP? Não senhor. Check out her tattoo on her wrist...
http://br.dada.net/image/12924673/Gisele-B%C3%BCndchen,-estrela-solit%C3%A1ria-no-pulso-esquerdo,tatuagens-,-famosas/

Kelly Key is a famous brazilian singer. She has 3 stars tattooed so I guess that means that she's been wh****g a lot? Funny though is that her background is certainly not from a favela and you can propably say that she's quite well-off.
http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,,MUL315545-9798,00-KELLY+KEY+FAZ+MAIS+TRES+TATUAGENS.html

JohnnyBraz
05-17-09, 19:52
Stars could mean the southern cross, 5 star girl etc.

ChicoBarca
05-17-09, 21:58
I hope this information helps someone.

I am lucky in that I do not have to be anywhere at any certain time. As a result, I often pay airline change fees. Recently I made a change to my travel from Rio to the US. In addition to the outrageous $250 change fee three separate US phone agents wanted to charge me over $350 because of a fare increase.

Wrong answer. The right answer is if the same class of service is available there is no additional charge, just the change fee. Finally got through to a supervisor who apologized and made the change.

I know there are a lot of airline employees who frequent this site, but as a frequent flier I will tell you that lately more times than not, airline employees on the ground get it wrong. Those in the air usually are great.Hi Exec,

Working in the industry I have to agree with your experience. The main reason for this lack of competance is that more and more airliners start with handling agents instead of own employes. The consquence of this is lower salary and frequent change of handling agents (airlines want the lowest price). This means that a much higher turnover of staff and therefore less competance. In good old days people often started working for an airliner and due to the status, not to bad salary and of course benefits they stayed there until they retired. So guys. Be careful and do like Exec. Double and tripple check the price.

Chico

Hitmanm3
05-17-09, 23:06
Your explanation was funny. :D

I don't judge you as I recall that you wrote in an earlier post that you have never been to Brazil.

Gisele Bündchen, brazilian model. The highest paid model in the world. Is she a poor favelada girl that works as a GP? Não senhor. Check out her tattoo on her wrist...
http://br.dada.net/image/12924673/Gisele-B%C3%BCndchen,-estrela-solit%C3%A1ria-no-pulso-esquerdo,tatuagens-,-famosas/I did not say I have been to Brazil I said I live in The Ironbound section in Newark NJ, which is where a large percentage of Brazilians live in the USA, and I asked a few Brazilians about the star tattoo and the response was what I fore mention. As for other type of designs I do not know, but as for the star, that was what I was told. Read before responding, I understand that the English language is a little tricky.

Sperto
05-18-09, 06:26
... and I asked a few Brazilians about the star tattoo and the response was what I fore mention. As for other type of designs I do not know, but as for the star, that was what I was told. Read before responding, I understand that the English language is a little tricky.
Obviously your brazilian neighbours were all bullsh****ng you.

Anyway, it's important that our forum members don't start believing that brazilian girls with star tattoos are lowclass prostitutes.

P.S To me it doesn't sound like the same thing when somebody writes "According to most Brazilians" and "I asked a few Brazilians". Yes, the English language is very tricky.

Ryjerrob
05-18-09, 06:28
I did not say I have been to Brazil I said I live in The Ironbound section in Newark NJ, which is where a large percentage of Brazilians live in the USA, and I asked a few Brazilians about the star tattoo and the response was what I fore mention. As for other type of designs I do not know, but as for the star, that was what I was told. Read before responding, I understand that the English language is a little tricky.

I have asked a few people here in Brazil, but they say it's just a tattoo, and the significance is to the owner. I was never really sure until now. I appreciate your attempt to help me understand though.

JohnnyBraz
05-18-09, 09:11
I did not say I have been to Brazil I said I live in The Ironbound section in Newark NJ, which is where a large percentage of Brazilians live in the USA, and I asked a few Brazilians about the star tattoo and the response was what I fore mention. As for other type of designs I do not know, but as for the star, that was what I was told. Read before responding, I understand that the English language is a little tricky.Do you intend to one day go to brazil? When or if you do then coment on brazilians.

Exec Talent
05-18-09, 09:45
I did not say I have been to Brazil I said I live in The Ironbound section in Newark NJ, which is where a large percentage of Brazilians live in the USA, and I asked a few Brazilians about the star tattoo and the response was what I fore mention. As for other type of designs I do not know, but as for the star, that was what I was told. Read before responding, I understand that the English language is a little tricky.
Hitmanm3,
May I suggest that you quit while you are behind. You said that 40% of Brazilians in the US live in Ironbound. I asked you by PM for the source of your information. You did not reply.

The other day, Sperto asserted that 30% of the population in Copacabana was old. I asked him for support and he sent me two links.

My purpose is not to challenge either of you but to know the truth for possible future business decisions. Sperto was able to backup his statement, you were not. Further, Sperto consistently has provided members of this forum with accurate information from firsthand expereinces in Brazil. Can the same be said of you?

In the case of the star tattoo, I think he just doesn't want someone to spy one and go up to a girl and ask her how much for the hour. In other words, he was just trying to help. He IS an expert on Brazil, he doesn't have to prove it on this forum.

Poucolouco
05-18-09, 15:42

Data from the US Census American Community Survey of 2007 indicate that 10.9% of the Brasilian population of the US resides in the state of New Jersey. A complete state distribution can be found at this site: http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/visualizations/brazilian-population-in-the-us-by-st

Sorry, no stats on tats. :D

Hitmanm3
05-18-09, 15:51
Hitmanm3,

May I suggest that you quit while you are behind. You said that 40% of Brazilians in the US live in Ironbound. I asked you by PM for the source of your information. You did not reply.

The other day, Sperto asserted that 30% of the population in Copacabana was old. I asked him for support and he sent me two links.

My purpose is not to challenge either of you but to know the truth for possible future business decisions. Sperto was able to backup his statement, you were not. Further, Sperto consistently has provided members of this forum with accurate information from firsthand expereinces in Brazil. Can the same be said of you?

In the case of the star tattoo, I think he just doesn't want someone to spy one and go up to a girl and ask her how much for the hour. In other words, he was just trying to help. He IS an expert on Brazil, he doesn't have to prove it on this forum.
Out in the Ironbound section the Brazilian community have two local newspapers one is Brazilero and the other one escapes me. They quoted the number, as far as them all being in ironbound I think is a miss quote. Newark, Kerney, Harrison and Elizabeth are four cities in NJ that are populated by a big number of Brazilians, even the streets are in English and Portuguese. If you are in NJ in Sept. You should come to the Brazilian festival. Awesome for those who never been to Brazil. And Sperto and Exect Talent I mean no harm. I love this site. And thanks for the Information.

Hobbying
05-18-09, 20:11
Data from the US Census American Community Survey of 2007 indicate that 10.9% of the Brasilian population of the US resides in the state of New Jersey. A complete state distribution can be found at this site: http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/visualizations/brazilian-population-in-the-us-by-st

Sorry, no stats on tats. :DNo surprise that alot of gpd visits north NJ and posts on local boards.

Koolkid
05-19-09, 16:04
A question to people on the ground now in Rio. What is the price that should
be paid for a pack of four original cialis?

I was asked to pay 120 reals for 4, which he had to go out the back and find. When I declined he showed me another pack which he said is made in brazil and is 60 reals?

I want the original but don't know what i should be paying.

Thanks

Benjoe
05-19-09, 17:26

I was asked to pay 120 reals for 4, which he had to go out the back and find. When I declined he showed me another pack which he said is made in brazil and is 60 reals?

Thanks

sounds right

BionicMan
05-19-09, 23:11

ThanksPretty much the right price.

Go for it if you want it.

JohnnyBraz
05-19-09, 23:36
pretty mcuh the right price..go for it if you want it.Viagra is $200r at miguel lemos 100mg x 4. A little cheaper at other places.

Jan 156
05-20-09, 00:53
I was asked to pay 120 reals for 4

Make sure you are getting 20mg tablets for that. There's not a lot of margin. Sometimes chemists will do an offer on stock they want to shift, but the reduction is only a few bucks. The 20mg are better value than the 10s. I've not heard of generic cialis - you're probably best to go for the originals. Most chemists will show you the computer screen for any drug that shows both the recommended retail price and the discounted one. 120R for 4x20mg is ok. Commoner drugs - some of which you would need a prescription for back home - are worth shopping around for, especially ones that have been out for a while and for which there are several established generic versions.

Poucolouco
05-20-09, 01:04
Make sure you are getting 20mg tablets for that. There's not a lot of margin. Sometimes chemists will do an offer on stock they want to shift, but the reduction is only a few bucks. The 20mg are better value than the 10s. I've not heard of generic cialis - you're probably best to go for the originals. Most chemists will show you the computer screen for any drug that shows both the recommended retail price and the discounted one. 120R for 4x20mg is ok. Commoner drugs - some of which you would need a prescription for back home - are worth shopping around for, especially ones that have been out for a while and for which there are several established generic versions.

The generic name is written on the box, (Tadalafil.)

Jan 156
05-20-09, 01:58
The generic name is written on the box, (Tadalafil.)Yes, it has to be, by law.But I was just trying to be helpful on the subject of generics (ie drugs that are marketed under the generic name and with no brand name).

They usually come out a good number of years after the original brand to avoid lawsuits. Gringos tend to ask for brand names (or get offered them) and so pay much more than they need for things like loperamide, ranitidine, ibroprofen and so on. There is no difference between the generic and the branded drug (except maybe a sugar-coating).

But with generic versions of very expensive drugs like Tadalafil you have to be careful as there is a heavy black market in fake drugs, or drugs sold as the generic that only have a percentage of the actual drug in them.

Most chemists in RJ are honest (-ish) IMO, apart from trying to get you to buy the most expensive thing. But occasionally they will say 'this is just the same' and there is f.a. way of telling if it is or not. For instance, if something said tadalafil on the side, would you read through all the small print to check for clauses like, "occasionally there will not be enough of the actual drug available, in which case a similar substitute will be made." Which is one I've seen. Expensive fakes, of course, have the 'brand' logo on the box, the same as Nike t-shirts, though in some cases the chemist will not be aware of it.

I only buy tadalafil occasionally in Brasil. Over and above any logic or proof on the matter, I've generally found it ok. My biggest concern in buying drugs is that they have not been kept within the maximum temperature range. I maybe worry unduly, but not all drugs are kept in good aircon storage. It might not affect them (a 'maximum storage temperature' is the same as a 'expiry date' - it means they've spent a fortune testing it to that limit and normally haven't spent money testing it beyond that. But if there's two chemists selling it at the same price and one looks cool and legit and one looks like a sweat box, why take a chance.)

If in doubt, when you're buying a lot of an expensive anything, split the purchase between more than one drogaria.

Bornran
05-20-09, 16:34
Ok so I've come to the board to quell an argument with the fellows and myself. Would one agree that working women (terma, help, etc) most do what they do out of necessity while others to obtain wants. Thus attempting to diffrentiate their work life from there personal. So one can imply their mentality is I'm not cheating because this is what I do for a living, yet if I use my leisure time to chill with you it is because I have some form of attraction.

I believe its all what I call the Matrix all a game. While several dispute with statements that no she likes me because she spent time with me and didn't charge.

Whats your take.

ChicoBarca
05-20-09, 21:13
Viagra is $200r at miguel lemos 100mg x 4. A little cheaper at other places.Hi Guys,

As mentioned about this before, a lot of farmacies have special offer. Ask if there is, sometimes you can actually save up to 50. 75 are$. I found that with viagra, I'm sure this goes for all medicaments.

Good Luck. And enjoy.

Chico

Mr Enternational
05-21-09, 17:06
Yes, it has to be, by law.But I was just trying to be helpful on the subject of generics (ie drugs that are marketed under the generic name and with no brand name).
They usually come out a good number of years after the original brand to avoid lawsuits. Gringos tend to ask for brand names (or get offered them) and so pay much more than they need for things like loperamide, ranitidine, ibroprofen and so on. There is no difference between the generic and the branded drug (except maybe a sugar-coating).
But with generic versions of very expensive drugs like Tadalafil you have to be careful as there is a heavy black market in fake drugs, or drugs sold as the generic that only have a percentage of the actual drug in them.
Most chemists in RJ are honest (-ish) IMO, apart from trying to get you to buy the most expensive thing. But occasionally they will say 'this is just the same' and there is f.a. way of telling if it is or not. For instance, if something said tadalafil on the side, would you read through all the small print to check for clauses like, "occasionally there will not be enough of the actual drug available, in which case a similar substitute will be made." Which is one I've seen. Expensive fakes, of course, have the 'brand' logo on the box, the same as Nike t-shirts, though in some cases the chemist will not be aware of it.
Be careful when shopping for generics over brand names. Always get the price and quantity of both. This article mentions how in many cases the generics costs more than the brand name. Sometimes over three times as much. But if it's sold legally then it is supposed to go through the same testing and have the same effects as the original brand names so like Christopherd said it is all the same except for maybe the non-medicinal part.

http://www.sinfarmig.org.br/noticias.php?id=547

06/02/2009 - JORNAL NACIONAL RETRATA MATÉRIA SOBRE GENÉRICOS

Na última segunda-feira, dia 2 de fevereiro, o Sinfarmig ficou espantado ao ver uma matéria publicada no Jornal Nacional que comparava preços de medicamentos genéricos com similares e não com medicamentos de referência e que se transformou em um grande equívoco. Ao constatar que a reportagem ignorou a real legislação do medicamento genérico no Brasil, este Sindicato imediatamente entrou em contato com a produção do JN, explicando a grande confusão divulgada nacionalmente.

Nesta quinta-feira, dia 5 de feveriro, o JN fez a retratação da matéria. Confira abaixo a íntegra das reportagens:

Fonte: Jornal Nacional 02 fevereiro - Preço de genéricos supera o de remédios de marca

As leis de mercado estão produzindo um fenômeno estranho nas prateleiras das farmácias. Veja na reportagem de Giuliano Tamura. Os genéricos devem conter o mesmo princípio ativo dos remédios de referência. Por isso, antes de ir para as farmácias, são submetidos a testes da Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária. "Eles chegam ao mercado exatamente iguais ao de marca, fazendo o mesmo efeito", farmacêutica Luciana Viana.

Hoje, de cada cinco remédios comercializados no país, um é genérico, e a proposta de oferecer medicamentos mais baratos à população produziu uma situação curiosa. Os medicamentos genéricos ganharam a preferência do consumidor brasileiro, mas nem sempre eles são os mais baratos encontrados nas farmácias. Em alguns casos, a diferença de preços entre genéricos e medicamentos de referência passa de 180%.

É o caso do Fluconazol, para micose. O remédio de marca custa R$ 7,58, enquanto o genérico está saindo quase pelo triplo do preço. A Azitromicina é outro exemplo. Três comprimidos genéricos do antibiótico custam R$ 24,58 e o medicamento de marca é vendido por menos de R$ 10.

A diferença entre os medicamentos para controle de colesterol também é grande. A caixa com 30 comprimidos de Sinvastatina de 20 miligramas custa R$ 52,53. O mesmo remédio de referência custa menos da metade, diferença de 156%.

”Está o contrário? Então é preciso tomar cuidado", diz uma consumidora. "É estranho mesmo, você não acha?", pergunta uma mulher. "É um absurdo, porque se o genérico já é para facilitar para as pessoas que não tem condição", reclama uma terceira.

Para os donos de farmácia, tanta diferença tem explicação. "É o cliente que passou a usar mais o genérico, e o de marca, para continuar sendo vendido, teve que se adequar ao preço igual ou até mais barato", declarou o dono de farmácia Álvaro Lima.

O presidente da Associação das Indústrias de Medicamentos Genéricos, Odnir Finotti, concorda. "A tendência é baixar sempre o preço, sempre que tem concorrência, e quanto maior é o número de genéricos para a mesma substância, mais os preços tendem a cair”.

Nessa guerra de preços, pesquisar nunca é demais.

Fonte: Jornal Nacional - 06 de Fevereiro - Genérico tem que ser pelo menos 35% mais barato

Essa é a condição para esse tipo de medicamento entrar no mercado. Saiba a diferença entre medicamentos de marca, similares e genéricos.

O Jornal Nacional apresentou, na última segunda-feira, uma reportagem sobre os preços dos remédios, mostrando que os medicamentos de referência estavam mais baratos do que os genéricos, mas a reportagem estava errada e dezenas de telespectadores nos mandaram mensagens alertando para isso.

Numa situação como essa, o JN se obriga a três coisas: a primeira é pedir desculpas, a segunda é agradecer aos que nos mandaram o alerta e a terceira é colocar os pingos nos "is". Quem dá a explicação bem clara sobre os tipos de remédios encontrados nas farmácias é a repórter Zileide Silva. A técnica em enfermagem Elaine Silva troca, sim, um medicamento de referência, de marca, por um genérico. “Normalmente, quando eu vou ao médico, costumo perguntar se pode substituir e eles falam que sim”.

Já são dez anos com genéricos, os únicos remédios que podem substituir os medicamentos de marca receitados por um médico. Já são genéricos 18% dos remédios comercializados no país. Mesmo assim, ainda há quem não confie muito. “Tem alguns que eu experimentei, a impressão pessoal minha é que não é a mesma coisa. Fica na dúvida, volto para o original”, opinou o aposentado Mário Oba.

Dúvida que, segundo o diretor da Anvisa, Dirceu Raposo de Mello, não deve existir. O genérico, ele garante, é tão eficaz e seguro quanto o de marca e, por isso, pode substítuí-lo. “Esses genéricos passam por testes e esses testes são monitorados e acompanhados pela Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária”. Os medicamentos de referência trazem a marca, o nome do produto, na embalagem. Os genéricos, uma tarja amarela com um "G" de genérico. E ainda tem os similares, que lembram muito os de referência. Também são conhecidos pela marca e têm o mesmo princípio ativo, a mesma substância usada no medicamento de referência. Também já começaram a ser testados, mas, por lei, não podem substituir o de marca.

Na farmácia, o farmacêutico é obrigado a saber e a explicar se um medicamento é de marca, similar ou genérico e ainda tem outra diferença. Para entrar no mercado, para chegar na prateleira, o genérico tem que ser mais barato. No mínimo, 35%. É claro que depois tem a concorrência e, para vender mais, qualquer laboratório, de genérico ou de marca, pode reduzir seus preços. E muitos fazem isso, o consumidor percebe. “Hoje em dia, tem genérico bem mais caro”, diz uma mulher. Mas para a grande maioria, a principal vantagem do genérico ainda é mesmo o preço. “É bem mais barato”, diz um homem. “Sempre que eu busco é mais barato”, diz uma mulher.

E, segundo a Associação Brasileira de Genéricos, esta é mesmo uma tendência. “A concorrência dos genéricos os dez anos tem feito que todos os medicamentos no Brasil, de alguma forma, tenham preço reduzido. E tudo isso é positivo, porque quem ganha são as pessoas que precisam de medicamento”, disse Odinir Sinotti, vice-presidente da Pró-Genéricos. O contínuo Valdemar Pereira da Silva, que só compra genéricos, concorda. “O medicamento me dá resultado, satisfaz a dor que eu estou sentido, resolve qualquer problema, obtenho resultado”.

Jan 156
05-22-09, 00:16
Be careful when shopping for generics over brand names.

Na última segunda-feira, dia 2 de fevereiro, o Sinfarmig ficou espantado ao ver uma matéria publicada no Jornal Nacional que comparava preços de medicamentos genéricos com similares e não com medicamentos de referência e que se transformou em um grande equívoco. Ao constatar que a reportagem ignorou a real legislação do medicamento genérico no Brasil, este Sindicato imediatamente entrou em contato com a produção do JN, explicando a grande confusão divulgada nacionalmente.

Which roughly translated I guess means, "Sinfarmig was astonished to see a misleading national newspaper report that compared prices of generic medicines and misconceptions over similar branded ones. The law on generic medicines was ignored and this Union immediately contacted blah-de-and-so on."

This is a newspaper story and interesting but of limited practical value. What is useful is knowing whether it applies to what you're buying. If you get the prices at one chemist of several things with same composition then do the same at another, it will be very much less likely that you are being ripped off, and you have the proof in front of you. I compared ranitide (a common drug that stops stomach acid) at various chemists in Copa and Centro. The prices varied, but the big price difference was a shop on R.Carioca that was getting rid of certain stock at one third of the price of anywhere else. I bought a small amount then bought a lot next time I was passing. Incidentally, the smaller packets, on this occasion, also worked out at a quite a bit less than half the price of the bigger packet with twice as many tablets. There's not many rules but it's not rocket science either. Just see what's available and make sensible purchases.

The same chemist had Cialis at 104R against the usual 119R, but this was hardly worth the bother.

Common drugs that gringos will use include loperamide (for diarrhea) and anti-histamines (best to get the non-drowsy ones) to stop itching from mozzie bites. You can usually get savings of up to half the price by shopping round on different packagings (and not all generics are the same price). The most expensive option is the brand name you recognise from home, duly imported rather than made in Brasil. But as Ent points out, even that's not a rule.

Ari Stevens
05-22-09, 18:02
I've read through a ton of the postings and still haven't been able to find some good suggestions for what I am specifically looking for. I'm going to Brazil in August for a little more than 3 weeks. I'm flying into Rio and am planning on some fun and sun there for a few days. However, I want to move on. I'm into surfing and am looking for a place to go that has the following:

1. Good beaches and surfing;

2. Good nightlife (for partying, dancing, drinking, and most importantly finding both pros and non-pros);

3. NOT an overly resort type town. Something more laid back and organic rather than super developed with high rise hotels;

4. A place that is relatively easy to get to from Rio (I'm willing to fly).

Suggestions?

Poucolouco
05-22-09, 19:21
I've read through a ton of the postings and still haven't been able to find some good suggestions for what I am specifically looking for. I'm going to Brazil in August for a little more than 3 weeks. I'm flying into Rio and am planning on some fun and sun there for a few days. However, I want to move on. I'm into surfing and am looking for a place to go that has the following:

2. Good nightlife (for partying, dancing, drinking, and most importantly finding both pros and non-pros);

3. NOT an overly resort type town. Something more laid back and organic rather than super developed with high rise hotels;

Suggestions?

Near Rio you have Ipanema, Barra da Tijuca, Saquarema. Since you are not going until August, keep an eye on this site for current postings of activities:
http://www.localbrasilsurf.com/

Exec Talent
05-22-09, 19:28

Suggestions?
PM me closer to your arrival time. I can put you in touch with the right people. You will need to become a paid subscriber to PM.

Sperto
05-22-09, 19:54
Suggestions?
If you want good surfing Brazil has lots of option. All the coast from Rio Grande do Sul up to Amapá.

However close to Rio and laid back results in less options. Saquarema might suit you.

To fullfill all your 4 demands (except pro's) I would recommend you to head north to e.g Itacaré, Bahia. It will take a busride but I assure you that you will not regret it.

Some info:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=724828&postcount=330

Hitmanm3
05-22-09, 21:48

Suggestions?I have a friend who is a big time surfer and he always told me that Fortaleza is great for surfing. Playa futuro and so is Guarapari in Espirito Santo. I personally have not been there but he is brazilian so I take his word for it.

Good luck

Cho 637
05-24-09, 01:27
For anyone looking to fast track to elite status on AA:

AAdvantage Challenges

If you’re like me and travel a great deal for work and are a frequent flyer on American Airlines, you need to learn the secret of the AAdvantage Gold and Platinum Challenges. I say secret because AA doesn’t openly promote this great money saving plan. This is basically a fast track to the Gold or Platinum level of memberships in their frequent flyer program. Which can both save you a lot of time and money when flying.
How The Gold and Platinum Challenges Work

To get signed up for the program, call AAdvantage customer service at +1 800 421 0600. When you get to a service rep, ask to be signed up for the Challenge. You’ll be asked to declare a date you’d like the challenge to begin the challenge. You’ll have 90 days from that date to earn 10,000 points (not miles…see the fine print in the quoted email below) for the Platinum level.
I’m Taking The Platinum Challenge

I just signed myself up as I’ll be making two international trips for work this fall which should put me at the Platinum level by the end of the year. That means all of next year, and until February 2010, I’ll be earning double miles on all my trips. Not to mention I’ll be going to the front of the line when traveling and enjoying several other perks. Here’s the email from American Airlines regarding the program:

As discussed, we have put you on a Challenge for AAdvantage Platinum membership. Congratulations – and Good Luck!

Here are some helpful tips:

* Remember that Challenges are based on points, not miles, and your goal is 10,000 points in the three-month period we discussed. If you’re not sure how you earn points, read on. (That’s why you wanted this email, right?)
* Be sure to fly AA (we know you want to anyway!) since only points earned on American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights (including AA codeshare flights operated by other carriers) count toward Challenges.
* Select fares with high point values. If, for example, you use Deep Discount Fares, get ready to fly 20,000 miles because those fares earn points at half the rate of miles. But if you buy Discount Fares, the rate is one point per mile and you can meet your Challenge by flying 10,000 elite-qualifying miles. And if you select premium fares, you earn 1.5 points per mile and can meet the Challenge by flying just – OK, you do the math!
* Know the point values you’ll earn for the booking codes you select. Yes it may look like alphabet soup, but there’s a point to these codes. In fact, there’s anywhere from .5 – 1.5 points!
o Earn 1.5 points per mile when the purchased fare on your American Airlines ticket is booked in one of these booking codes: A F P D I J B Y
o Earn 1.0 point per mile for these AA booking codes: H K L M V W
o Earn .5 points per mile for these AA booking codes: G N O* Q** S (sorry, you knew there had to be an asterisk somewhere)
* How can you determine what booking code is used for the fare you’re purchasing? Simply ask the booking agent, whether that’s your travel agent, corporate travel planner or AA Reservations representative. Or, even better, when you book your flights on AA.com, the Flight Summary screen displays the booking code in the same column as the cabin booked.

A Challenge is intended for members who are in a hurry to get to the elite level they desire. Think of it as a shortcut to the status you would probably earn on your own during the normal 12-month qualification period. Indeed, members cannot earn their elite status by fulfilling a Challenge two years in a row, so when it comes time to re-qualify, please be prepared to meet the normal criteria. We know you can do it.

Now here are those pesky but important footnotes:

*O — only eligible domestic fares booked in O will count

**Q — excludes transatlantic fares booked in Q

For more details on the program, visit AAdvantage Platinum - FewMiles’ Unofficial Guide or Challenge (AA) - FlyerGuide Wiki.

Koolkid
05-24-09, 01:54
I need to withdrawl some cash right now, 21.55 rio time any ideas?
Road name etc. Thanks

FoxesHunter
05-24-09, 09:44
Hi, I have chatted with many girls from Belem some times ago because I liked to go to Belem. Now I have changed my programme because I have to reach Cuiaba. I'm chatting with some girls from Cuiaba but I am getting a bad surprise: in Cuiaba the girls are vely less friendly than in Belem and they don't have the curiosity to know a gringo. ;)
Brasil is so vast .... that they have a different friendly?
I am so sad for it. ;)
I'm making a mistake or it is right?

Sperto
05-24-09, 10:29
Hi, I have chatted with many girls from Belem some times ago because I liked to go to Belem. Now I have changed my programme because I have to reach Cuiaba. I'm chatting with some girls from Cuiaba but I am getting a bad surprise: in Cuiaba the girls are vely less friendly than in Belem and they don't have the curiosity to know a gringo. ;)
Brasil is so vast .... that they have a different friendly?
I am so sad for it. ;)
I'm making a mistake or it is right?
I find the Cuiabá girls very friendly.
Maybe you have less response with the Cuiabá girls because they are not as gringo-oriented as the Belém girls?

FoxesHunter
05-24-09, 10:45
I find the Cuiabá girls very friendly.
Maybe you have less response with the Cuiabá girls because they are not as gringo-oriented as the Belém girls?

Could yu tell me more on Cuiaba? If they have less response with gringos how can surprise them? Do you know an interesting hotel close to action?
On Cuiaba section there aren't any post fromm much time.
thanks for some info.

Sperto
05-24-09, 12:09
Could yu tell me more on Cuiaba? If they have less response with gringos how can surprise them? Do you know an interesting hotel close to action?
On Cuiaba section there aren't any post fromm much time.
thanks for some info.
I've made a report on Cuiabá several years ago (it's maybe in the Other Areas section). Cuiabá is good for non-pro's, but I wouldn't bother to go there unless I planned to visit the Pantanal.

Marcop 12
05-24-09, 16:06
I need to withdrawl some cash right now, 21.55 rio time any ideas?
Road name etc. ThanksA year or so ago I got some useful information on 24hr ATM that you can withdraw your daily limit at any hour. There is a a badresco ATM in the zona sul supermarket at praca general osorio, ipanema, 2 mins from irish pub. I have personally used at various times throughout the night, the first time was about 1am and was curious to see if it worked and it did, I used to be able to get a $R1000 or so as daily limit but these red ATMS have a $R600 limit per transaction this goes for all the free standing red badrecso ATM in pharmacys and supermarkets I believe now. You can obviously do more transactions providing your card issuers daily limit. I've had to rely on this ATM on a couple of occasions when been caught short with not enought cash and a GDP in tow in taxis etc.

D Cups
05-24-09, 17:50
Ok so I've come to the board to quell an argument with the fellows and myself. Would one agree that working women (terma, help, etc) most do what they do out of necessity while others to obtain wants. Thus attempting to diffrentiate their work life from there personal. So one can imply their mentality is I'm not cheating because this is what I do for a living, yet if I use my leisure time to chill with you it is because I have some form of attraction.

I believe its all what I call the Matrix all a game. While several dispute with statements that no she likes me because she spent time with me and didn't charge.

Whats your take.They ALL charge eventually. Marriage is the biggest CHARGE of all. You pay WITH YOUR LIFE! Enjoy her while you can.

FoxesHunter
05-24-09, 21:24
I've made a report on Cuiabá several years ago (it's maybe in the Other Areas section). Cuiabá is good for non-pro's, but I wouldn't bother to go there unless I planned to visit the Pantanal.

I have just done a search in every section but I did not see your post.;)
I need some info because there isn't any post on Cuiaba here.
thanks

Sperto
05-24-09, 22:09
I need some info because there isn't any post on Cuiaba here.
You'll find some info in the Cuiabá thread.
I don't know where my report ended up.

Prosal
05-25-09, 11:03
how can surprise them?
As anywhere else.

Simply with good looks, language skills, cultural awareness, humor, initiative, imagination, self-confidence, charm, discernment, sensitivity, poise, time and of course cash.

Anyhow don't dream. The days when sex-hungry gringos on a one week holidays were an option for normal brasileiras are long, long, long gone. And don't think that less-travelled areas may offer you better chances with non-pros than cosmopolitan big cities. Even in provinces foreigners have a reputation as culturally inept sex tourists and girls have figured out since long that we only want to fuck them, so gringos are now more a curiousity to avoid than anything else.

BTW Cuiaba is a quite boring and uninspiring place. Better go to Goiania IMO.

Ari Stevens
05-25-09, 19:27
Thanks to all that replied. Will check out some of these places and report back!

Ari

I have a friend who is a big time surfer and he always told me that Fortaleza is great for surfing. Playa futuro and so is Guarapari in Espirito Santo. I personally have not been there but he is brazilian so I take his word for it.

Good luck

Allforrio
05-25-09, 21:26

ryjerI was on a brasilian dating site and was chatting with a girl so I asked her what did the star mean and here is a translation of my question about the star tattoo

Her explanation in porto:

a estrela signifa coisa boas
cada ponta da estrela
é representado por um elemento
como terra
ar
fogo
água e a mente
e tambem significa eternidade
eu tenho uma estrela no meu pulsoMy translation to english:

the star significantly good thing
each edge of the star
is represented by an element
as land
air
Fire
water and mind
also and means eternity
I have a star on my wrist Hope this helps I was curious myself since I also have seen them on many brasileras

By the way I might have a hot date on my next trip to bunda land

LOL thanks to the board I have some dialect going with ole girl.

John Gault
05-29-09, 18:41
I have been to Lima many times. The reason I go there is they have a horse track there and I can kill time in the afternoon and then prowl at night for Chicas.
Is there a place in Brazil where I can go to the track and also bet on the USA races?
It would be easier for me to stick to Lima but the Culos I see in Brazil have me wanting to give it a try.
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Perkele
05-29-09, 23:35
Gentlemen!

I would like to share an information on a mishap that happened to me.

For the first time, on my 20 year long career with traveling all over the world, I missed my flight today. I was going from Rio to Sao Paulo. I got to airport late because a car we used broke on the way.

Now to the point.

Be careful with GOL (www.voegol.com.br) because their practises are practically stealing. Since I missed my flight, they declared that I was a no show (not true, I was there) and therefore I would have to pay a fine of R$ 90 per passenger or difference of the flight fare, which would have been more than R$ 600 for next flight. Since I won't pay ridiculous amount of money for a such a short flight and the later flight didn't work for me I opted for not to go. Now starts the most interesting part.... since they declared that I was no show GOL will not reimburse the leg from SP to Rio. I can even understand that I fucked up, not showing up early enough but the return leg they should reimburse since now they may resell my seat.

Anyway I have never seen this kind of practises anywhere in the world and I have been traveling a lot. Well I guess I need to ask a lawyer to study this issue and if he finds anything out of order, sue GOL.

My word is that be careful with this airline.....

Shemp
05-30-09, 05:40
I have been to Lima many times. The reason I go there is they have a horse track there and I can kill time in the afternoon and then prowl at night for Chicas.

Is there a place in Brazil where I can go to the track and also bet on the USA races? It would be easier for me to stick to Lima but the Culos I see in Brazil have me wanting to give it a try.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.Yeah there is a horse-racing track in Gavea, a few miles from Ipanema beach. I went there a few years ago on my 1st trip to Rio & played 6 or 7 races. The track operates a fri. Thru mon. Schedule, at night on fri/mon, afternoons on sat/sun, year-round I believe. The track is called Joquei Club, ph. # 2512-9988.

BionicMan
05-30-09, 09:22
Gentlemen!

I would like to share an information on a mishap that happened to me.

For the first time, on my 20 year long career with traveling all over the world, I missed my flight today. I was going from Rio to Sao Paulo. I got to airport late because a car we used broke on the way.

Now to the point.

Be careful with GOL (www.voegol.com.br) because their practises are practically stealing. Since I missed my flight, they declared that I was a no show (not true, I was there) and therefore I would have to pay a fine of R$ 90 per passenger or difference of the flight fare, which would have been more than R$ 600 for next flight. Since I won't pay ridiculous amount of money for a such a short flight and the later flight didn't work for me I opted for not to go. Now starts the most interesting part.... since they declared that I was no show GOL will not reimburse the leg from SP to Rio. I can even understand that I fucked up, not showing up early enough but the return leg they should reimburse since now they may resell my seat.
Anyway I have never seen this kind of practises anywhere in the world and I have been traveling a lot. Well I guess I need to ask a lawyer to study this issue and if he finds anything out of order, sue GOL.
My word is that be careful with this airline.....

well... usually when you buy goods or services, especially services, "terms and conditions apply". It is all in there.
You might not like them, but you accepted them at time of purchase.
Maybe you now want to read them even before consulting a lawyer, not to add more (legal) costs to your trip as the lawyer won't do it for free (and lawyers are paid even if you loose the case, isn't it weird? that's the system, mate!).
If you did not arrive at the check-in in time, technically and legally you are a "no show". No doubt.
How many times have we heard from the cockpit "we have to disembark some baggage because the passenger is not on board". Surelyu the passenger is somewhere in the terminal, certainly not stucked in traffic or at home. Maybe he just arrived late at the gate door or still having a drink somehwere in ther terminal, forgetting time runs at 60seconds a minute pace. But he is not on the plane, he did not show up at the gate in time, He is a "no show", and his luggage is disembarked. And he is grounded. Period.

Low costs airlines do enforce their terms and conditions more than others because they are cheap airlines and they take the chance to grab any cent they can. But this applies soemtime with major airlines too. They are no charity organizations, at the end of the day.
Might not sound too much customer friendly, but... "terms and conditions apply", never forget that, guys.

Jan 156
05-30-09, 10:52
Yeah there is a horse-racing track in Gavea, a few miles from Ipanema beach. I went there a few years ago on my 1st trip to Rio & played 6 or 7 races. The track operates a fri. Thru mon. Schedule, at night on fri/mon, afternoons on sat/sun, year-round I believe. The track is called Joquei Club, ph. # 2512-9988.

There's a small theatre in the grounds that does some eclectic performance arts as well. It's a posh area, and traffic jams can be bad at rush hour or in a downpour. You can just about walk it if a long stroll round Lagoa is your cup of tea.

FoxesHunter
05-30-09, 11:44
Hi, when I will reach Brazil I will have to change 3.500 Euro at one time only.
In yor opinion is it better to use ATM or banking counter or ..... where is the best exchange rate?
thanks

ChicoBarca
05-30-09, 12:51
well... usually when you buy goods or services, especially services, "terms and conditions apply". It is all in there.

You might not like them, but you accepted them at time of purchase.

Maybe you now want to read them even before consulting a lawyer, not to add more (legal) costs to your trip as the lawyer won't do it for free (and lawyers are paid even if you loose the case, isn't it weird? that's the system, mate!).

If you did not arrive at the check-in in time, technically and legally you are a "no show". No doubt.

How many times have we heard from the cockpit "we have to disembark some baggage because the passenger is not on board". Surelyu the passenger is somewhere in the terminal, certainly not stucked in traffic or at home. Maybe he just arrived late at the gate door or still having a drink somehwere in ther terminal, forgetting time runs at 60seconds a minute pace. But he is not on the plane, he did not show up at the gate in time, He is a "no show", and his luggage is disembarked. And he is grounded. Period.

Low costs airlines do enforce their terms and conditions more than others because they are cheap airlines and they take the chance to grab any cent they can. But this applies soemtime with major airlines too. They are no charity organizations, at the end of the day.

Might not sound too much customer friendly, but... "terms and conditions apply", never forget that, guys.Hi Guys,

Working in the "dirty business" I can tell you that this is actually the terms of any airliner. Some "regular" airliners might be flexible, but this agian depends of who you meet at the ticketdesk. What you are in title to get back is the taxes. Just refere to the Montreal Konvention when you call them and tell them that all airliners "full or lowprice" have to follow these laws.

Brgds

Chico

Lancer520
05-30-09, 18:25
Is there a place in Brazil where I can go to the track and also bet on the USA races?
It would be easier for me to stick to Lima but the Culos I see in Brazil have me wanting to give it a try.
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
In Gavea they have an area in the track called turff club where you can bet on all the US simulcasting. The pools are comingled like the US, but they take there cut like OTB. On my last trip in March I was there and I hit for almost 3000 reals betting the US tracks. It was like being a whale in Vegas. The manager came out and gave me a Turff club hat and T-shirt. LOL. By the way, simulcasting is open 7 days a week. Their website is www.turff.com.br . Hope this helps.

JohnnyBraz
05-30-09, 20:37
Hi, when I will reach Brazil I will have to change 3.500 Euro at one time only.

In yor opinion is it better to use ATM or banking counter or. Where is the best exchange rate?

ThanksIf that's all you need to change, bring it in cash. Otherwise use an atm. Loads along ns Copacabana.

FoxesHunter
05-30-09, 22:41
If that's all you need to change, bring it in cash. Otherwise use an atm. Loads along ns Copacabana.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your suggestion. I will reach Goaiania and I don't know if it is better to buy brazilian real from a Bank or casa de câmbio. I think it is impossible to use ATM to withdraw 3500 euro.
thanks

Member #3439
05-31-09, 06:44
Has anyone had the experience of needing to get away from a chaste and clingy boss or co-worker in Rio, one who doesn't approve of our hobby? If so, how did you handle it?

I am in the situation of traveling with someone who wants to take the same flights in and out, stay at the same hotel, *let's* go see things, yada, yada, yada. It would be extremely unwise to even hint at anything about GDP's, as his code of ethics and beliefs is opposed to this..and he is my superior at work.

Everytime I try to move my flight out, he says yeah, lets stay a couple more days....err..whilst I think..."no I am trying to get away from you, sir!..soon I'll have used all my vacation trying to outlast you"

I think the best I can do is to get a different hotel and buy time that way, but I can't seem to outlast him on the days in Rio.

Any advice, anecdotes, stuff like that?

Mangera
05-31-09, 22:35
Has anyone had the experience of needing to get away from a chaste and clingy boss or co-worker in Rio, one who doesn't approve of our hobby? If so, how did you handle it?

I am in the situation of traveling with someone who wants to take the same flights in and out, stay at the same hotel, *let's* go see things, yada, yada, yada. It would be extremely unwise to even hint at anything about GDP's, as his code of ethics and beliefs is opposed to this..and he is my superior at work.

Everytime I try to move my flight out, he says yeah, lets stay a couple more days....err..whilst I think..."no I am trying to get away from you, sir!..soon I'll have used all my vacation trying to outlast you"

I think the best I can do is to get a different hotel and buy time that way, but I can't seem to outlast him on the days in Rio.

Say you have the runs and are staying in all day in your room. Once he or she takes off or not, just take off on your asap. Disappear for the entire afternoon, run to a pharmacy, buy some sort of stomach medicine. Then go to a termas or set up a meeting at motel with your favorite gdp. Show up later at your hotel with the medicine, with some of it consumed ofcourse.

Then just say you wanted to play it safe and went to a local clinic, they suggested the over the counter medicine you have in hand, you were busy for a few hours as a result. You feel much better after the use of the medicine. Brother!!!!!!!!!........ just make it happen.

Exec Talent
06-01-09, 01:01

Tell the boss that an old friend just happens to be in Rio and invited you for a drink. When he wants to tag along, tell him that your friend was in an accident as a child and has an eyebrow missing and is very self-conscious about meeting new people.

Lorenzo
06-01-09, 02:17

I was actually faced with your exact same situation about 20 or so years ago, although it wasn't in Brazil (it was in what was then West Germany). I said I was sorry but that I had distant relatives at some distance from the city that I had promised to get together with. I said that I was German on my mother's side (a total fabrication). So tell your boss you have Brazilian relatives that you have committed to, and if your name isn't Luso-Brazilian, say they are your mother's relatives.

Mr Enternational
06-03-09, 04:35

Dude, those are the main ones. I have known preachers to go down to Rio and could not resist the temptation of a Brazilian GDP. Give him a chance. Tell him of advice you were given to go to a nice bar. Then take him to 4X4 in the daytime and watch how he reacts. You will probably create a monster.

Perkele
06-03-09, 12:10

Just out of curiosity. From which country you are from? I'm asking this just to know, because I've been living in several different countries and I have never heard that an employee has to have his vacation with his boss.

Why don't you say that its your vacation, which you want to spend by yourself?

Member #3439
06-04-09, 04:35
Just out of curiosity. From which country you are from? I'm asking this just to know, because I've been living in several different countries and I have never heard that an employee has to have his vacation with his boss.

Why don't you say that its your vacation, which you want to spend by yourself?Business brings me to Brazil. The business isn't in Rio, Rio is just a entry and departure place. Vacation days must be used for time spent doing non-business things like hanging out in Rio. USA business ethics rules.

I'd tell him straight away that I'm using vacation days, so I'm spending time solo, but he is my boss, it's his first time in Brazil, and he would be offended if I alienated him in foreign country for unclear reasons.

Thanks to all who have given me tips. I had a good mongering opportunity ruined by a coworker like this once and I'm not letting it happen again. Mongering isn't a socially acceptable hobby here in the USA, so I keep that on the DL during these business trips unless I'm with a clearly like-minded fiend.

Euro100
06-06-09, 00:32

I go down to Rio with colleagues all the time, and I manage to keep the hobby secret from them. So here is some advice:

1. Spend some time with the boss during daytime, doing some sightseeing. (It's actually cool to do that kind of stuff for a change). Then claim you are wiped out and want to hit the mattress early. Voila, an evening of terma time can follow.

2. On another afternoon claim you have to see the Metro system, and that you will see your boss for dinner at 10 or so. Nobody is really interested in seeing the Metro; so the boss will not join you. Then take the metro to Uruguaiana and hit 4x4 from 4 to 9 pm.

3. Take a late dinner at the dive outside help and watch your boss react to the gdps attacking. Claim you had no idea this was going on here, if you must. But who knows, this may be his thing after all.

4. Get his appetite going by hitting a tourist samba show, like the (pretty decent, actually) at Plataforma 1. If he takes this well and wants more, then you can hit a place like Barbarella. Avoid take-out at that stage. If he can stomach Barbarella, then you can suggest a terma. (Of course you have to claim at each step that the bellhop or concierge or front desk guy gave you the info.) If this works and turns him into a fellow monger, this has a HUGE upside for you: the boss may like you as his wingman, schedule more bizz trips to Rio and take you along. :D

Alex Deuce
06-06-09, 02:24
Dude, those are the main ones. I have known preachers to go down to Rio and could not resist the temptation of a Brazilian GDP. Give him a chance. Tell him of advice you were given to go to a nice bar. Then take him to 4X4 in the daytime and watch how he reacts. You will probably create a monster.

LOL +1, been there also!

Trying to be all good employee, then the next thing I know my boss is telling me to beat it! AWWWWww, "I have an appointment to keep" Yea right, saw GDP from Taboao slip in to his room as I was heading to lobby. How I know she was a GDP? I fucked her last business trip.

I am glad I work for myself now!

Member #3439
06-06-09, 03:41
LOL +1, been there also!

Trying to be all good employee, then the next thing I know my boss is telling me to beat it! AWWWWww, "I have an appointment to keep" Yeah, I am hoping he's cloaked, but I doubt that. He tried to get his wife to agree to fly down and meet him.

I go down to Rio with colleagues all the time, and I manage to keep the hobby secret from them. So here is some advice:

1. Spend some time with the boss during daytime, doing some sightseeing. (It's actually cool to do that kind of stuff for a change). :DEuro, thanks these are all great tips. I will use the metro one for sure (VM), and maybe the 'I'm sick' one (Monte Carlo) that was suggested before.

The one about sightseeing for a change, that's strikes a chord. I've been most of the way around the world, but spend most of the time chasing poontang and don't see much. If only there were a 'bang tour bus' with the terma right on board. There's an idea for the venture capital guys out there.

MrLowDown
06-06-09, 05:54
Has anyone been following the AirFrance Flight from Rio to Paris that appears to have just vanished into thin air. This is interesting! Maybe it's a coverup! here's a link:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iOegnahAFcEgwJZ4WKGkVz9Dgq5wD98KR2R81

Zorglub
06-09-09, 18:26
Has anyone been following the AirFrance Flight from Rio to Paris that appears to have just vanished into thin air. This is interesting! Maybe it's a coverup! here's a link:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iOegnahAFcEgwJZ4WKGkVz9Dgq5wD98KR2R81

Just vanished ? Where have you been ? It`s been in the news everyday since june 1st.

Ryjerrob
06-11-09, 05:46
A little video I made with windows movie maker............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITK2rY_hqfY

Sperto
06-11-09, 06:07
Great video!

Mangera
06-11-09, 12:52

I hope you or one of your buddies got to bang that blonde at the beach.

Black Snake
06-11-09, 14:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITK2rY_hqfYVery Nice.

Tell the Blonde with the sun glasses to smile next time.

The Watcher
06-11-09, 16:34

I enjoyed your video. I would love to see more of them.

RonnyRon
06-11-09, 20:28

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I stand corrected. This is your BEST post.

RR

Dub624
06-12-09, 04:28

Very Nice! You are definitely an auteur. Go Lakers!

Member #3439
06-13-09, 04:56
Does anyone know the current price for Cialis in Copa farmicias?

I'm on limited mongering time, so need to turn a 2 shot game into 4/night fast foda. I'll be looking for a farmicia near Metro & L'uomo.

El Austriaco
06-13-09, 16:48

I'm on limited mongering time, so need to turn a 2 shot game into 4/night fast foda. I'll be looking for a farmicia near Metro & L'uomo.
One pharmacy that's very close (on the Figueiredo Magalhães side of the Metro station, just across the street) is Drogaria Peixoto, Rua Figueiredo Magalhães, 615, Lojas B and C, and Rua Figueiredo Magalhães, 741, Loja M They got 24-hour home delivery, too (you can even buy by CC).

EA

Eros74
06-13-09, 17:36
I agree it is really nice and well done but the pity is that besides the 2 blondes the other girls are ugly or a bit fat IMHO.

Ok I admit I am much more into slavic type women, but for sure there are in Rio much better looking girls IMHO, but again, the video is nice and I enjoyed it too.

Erectus Indicus
06-17-09, 21:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITK2rY_hqfYVery uplifting at the end of a long day [:D]

Hitmanm3
06-20-09, 03:32
I was passing through the photo gallery and I noticed that the girls from Brazil are gorgeous but IMHO the girls from Columbia are starting to give the the Brazilian girls a run for their money. What does the board think about my observation?

Ken_Apples
06-20-09, 09:30
Imho, it's easier to find a better looking face in colombia, but Brazil beats Colombia hands down when it comes to the Sex. You will also be able to find more siliconeboobs and silconebutts in Colombia if that is your thing. Remember this is just general guidelines, and you can find a supermodel in Brazil, or hot GF sex in Colombia, it's just not like that on a GENERAL basis.

In Brazil, it´s also alot easier to find nonpro and have GFE in a P4P enviroment.
Alos, if you want beaches and sex at the same time, Cartagena or any other beachtown of Colombia cant even hold a candle versus Rio, Fortaleza or even Salvador.

I would still recommend a trip to Colombia and other countries around the world. It just adds more flavor to the experience.

Happy hunting, Ken Apples.

Pelongera
06-25-09, 05:12
(you know, like, theme restaurants, all beef, fish & chips, etc..)

I am wondering if the termas have themes, such as women with long black hair and brown eyes only or, perhaps, conversely, nothing but blond Brazilians?

I've never been Brazil, but from reading through reports I do not sense any such thing.

It sounds like one chooses a terma on location, price, and reputations of specific providers, if they're working on the day you're there.

Abzsafado
06-25-09, 10:59
(you know, like, theme restaurants, all beef, fish & chips, etc..)

I am wondering if the termas have themes, such as women with long black hair and brown eyes only or, perhaps, conversely, nothing but blond Brazilians?

I've never been Brazil, but from reading through reports I do not sense any such thing.

It sounds like one chooses a terma on location, price, and reputations of specific providers, if they're working on the day you're there.

Solarium does theme nights, schoolgirl, office,etc, every once in a while. If you register with them they send emails informing when they are on. Monte Carlo also sends out special offers to you if you register, usually free entrance, but you have to bring the printed out mail with you.

Member #3439
06-27-09, 06:03
What is the culturally acceptable way to handle the situation in the Termas when the Brasileira promises completa in boite and refuses anal in cabine, at a place like L'uomo for example, where Ane did the bait and switch?

If L'uomo ran like some full service parlor in the Estados, I'd walk out of the cabine and go tell the manager I'm not sessioning and not paying for the session since it was bait and switch. No problem. Then I'd go find a different girl until I got what I was paying for. I fear a scene if I tried this in Brasil, maybe even a backroom beating or call to policia. I have no idea what happens if you enter session and won't/can't pay. So I held back the urge to leave the cabine and made do with just the boca and buceta.

Member #3439
06-27-09, 06:21
What is the culturally acceptable way to handle the situation in the Termas when the Brasileira promises completa in boite and refuses anal in cabine, at a place like L'uomo for example, where Ane did the bait and switch?

If L'uomo ran like some full service parlor in the Estados, I'd walk out of the cabine and go tell the manager I'm not sessioning and not paying for the session since it was bait and switch. No problem. Then I'd go find a different girl until I got what I was paying for. I fear a scene if I tried this in Brasil, maybe even a backroom beating or call to policia. I have no idea what happens if you enter session and won't/can't pay. So I held back the urge to leave the cabine and made do with just the boca and buceta.

Abzsafado
06-27-09, 14:57

What would you do if you ordered steak and fries and they only came with the fries and said steaks off? Don't make a scene and get all loud about it, just complain politely to her and say you would like to cancel the session. Just don't get loud with her. It's all a game, the threat of refusal to session will probably change the girls attitude. If she still refuses go to the management.
As a beach tout once said with a smile after trying to stitch me up unsuccessfully " faz parte de esporte". Just as long as you keep your cool there will be no hard feelings.

Xpartan
07-04-09, 06:43
I'm mostly a lurker, but couldn't just pass it up without letting everyone know. AA website lists this price, at least for 09/01-09/08, but other dates are also available. I got all the way down to a book button, so I doubt it's just a glitch. It pains me that I can't go, but maybe some of you, guys, can take advantage of this. As with all those air sales, one would be advised to act quickly if you want it. Good luck!

Admin
07-06-09, 22:42
Greetings Everyone,

I have moved the last several pages of discussion that was posted here to another thread in this forum titled "Brazilian Music and Dance".

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3056

This "Thread Splitting" process is not perfect, and it's possible that I may have inadvertently moved/did not move a few reports. If you find that your own report was also moved/not moved, please don't take it personally.

Thanks,

Jackson

OneKissMontreal
07-07-09, 19:49
Hi everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Rio N guess what well maybe some of you know it but the book is all about Rio. (don't blame it on Rio) 2009 by Jewel Woods N Karen Hunter very interesting book about men that go to Rio, Well the book was made for the black men but I guess white male too could read the book.

I just buy the book today.

Enjoy

Ee2002
07-08-09, 00:40
Man I wouldn't pay a squirt of [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) for that book. If that book is anything like the Essence article he wrote a couple of years ago than it's nonesense. You are better off reading the trip reports on this site for a better feel of what Rio is all about. He makes it appear as if mongering in Rio is unique to just the blackman, when in fact we are a very small minority there. Certain weeks you might see more blacks guys than usual but not that often. Other races/ nationalities outnumber blacks by far and have been doing this for decades. This tool even caused some problems for some of the fellas with their significant other when the article came out in 2006 or so.

Since you bought it already enjoy it like any other book of fiction, but don't take too much from it as far as good info/intel on what's going on in Rio. Please keep it away from the sistas at home, we have it hard enough here in the states LOL. Unless I found that book in the library or it was given to me, I would be damn to support this dude with book sales after trying to throw the brothas under the bus with that biased hit piece.

Let me know if I'm wrong about the contents of the book since I have not read it, but I have read the article and heard this guy on the radio promoting the book. Also back when this first broke a lot of guys on this and the other monger site wrote into the Essence forum disputing what this guy wrote in the article.

Good luck planning your trip.

Exec Talent
07-08-09, 02:27
Hi everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Rio N guess what well maybe some of you know it but the book is all about Rio. (don't blame it on Rio) 2009 by Jewel Woods N Karen Hunter very interesting book about men that go to Rio, Well the book was made for the black men but I guess white male too could read the book.

Enjoy
You would be better off to buy this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Hobbes-Tenth-Anniversary-Book/dp/0836204387/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247016152&sr=8-3

See the example attached. Losers like Jewel Woods are all hype, no substance.

Any day now I expect to see a reality show about making reality shows.

Dub624
07-08-09, 07:48
Hi everyone,

Enjoy

Before you leave, take that book back and get your money back. That is unless you like reading propaganda.

Pelongera
07-08-09, 08:15
Before you leave, take that book back and get your money back. That is unless you like reading propaganda.

You would be better off to buy this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Hobbes...47016152&sr=8-3

See the example attached. Losers like Jewel Woods are all hype, not substance.

Any day now I expect to see a reality show about making reality shows.

Man I wouldn't pay a squirt of [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) for that book. If that book is anything like the Essence article he wrote a couple of years ago than it's nonesense. You are better off reading the trip reports on this site for a better feel of what Rio is all about. He makes it appear as if mongering in Rio is unique to just the blackman, when in fact we are a very small minority there. Certain weeks you might see more blacks guys than usual but not that often. Other races/ nationalities outnumber blacks by far and have been doing this for decades. This tool even caused some problems for some of the fellas with their significant other when the article came out in 2006 or so.

Since you bought it already enjoy it like any other book of fiction, but don't take too much from it as far as good info/intel on what's going on in Rio. Please keep it away from the sistas at home, we have it hard enough here in the states LOL. Unless I found that book in the library or it was given to me, I would be damn to support this dude with book sales after trying to throw the brothas under the bus with that biased hit piece.

Let me know if I'm wrong about the contents of the book since I have not read it, but I have read the article and heard this guy on the radio promoting the book. Also back when this first broke a lot of guys on this and the other monger site wrote into the Essence forum disputing what this guy wrote in the article.

Good luck planning your trip.Talk about posts lacking substance!

That book may very well be trash, but we learn nothing about the book from these three blowhards.

Truly Christopherd, I'd get more out of a list of proxy IP addresses.

Unbelievable

Superion
07-08-09, 17:50

Good luck planning your trip.I have that bullshit excuse of a book, and trust me you are 100% correct.

It's nothing but sensationalized yellow journalism at it's best(or worst).

Jewel Woods tries to put the brothers out there. The black men that have the means to travel and enjoy what the world offers. The truth of the matter is that the percentage of black men that are able to make such trips are quite small.

Whatever man.....fuck that author and his lame ass book.

Sunset Strip
07-08-09, 17:55
Hi everyone,

Enjoy
This must be a new edition. The book is ok. A quick read. You will probably enjoy the book since you have yet to experience Rio firsthand. Are you going to read it on the flight? That might be fun!

If you have been to Rio once you will know more than can be derived from this book. The attempt to draw a conncection between a very small percentage of black men (would be same for white) who can afford to travel to Rio, have the time to travel to Rio, and then are so inclined, with black male-female relationships in the US is a stretch!

The parts about pornography/hip hop and black male images of Rio BEFORE they arrive is somewhat informative. But again I say this because this section informs of what some people think of Rio before coming. Once on the ground things change.

A more informative book would be one that focuses on longterm "repeat offenders" who have become disabused of their prior images but continue to "offend", so to speak.

There is actually a much better book about Sosua, DR out there. In fact, I am suspicious that Woods and Hunter looked at that book before penning this one.
Here is the DR book: http://www.amazon.com/What-rsquo-Love-Got-Transnational/dp/0822332973/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247072801&sr=1-1

TJ

Ee2002
07-09-09, 01:01
Talk about posts lacking substance!

That book may very well be trash, but we learn nothing about the book from these three blowhards.

Unbelievable

And your not going to learn anything about it from me, since I don't intend to buy it. Why don't you buy it and enlighten us wiseguy.

Jan 156
07-09-09, 03:21
Hey - I know what you mean but please leave me out of it - never said a word, and I'm not the person to ask about proxies. Apart from Bubba's guide and Sperto's maps any other stuff is personal choice. Who's never wasted a few bucks on overhyped stuff when excited about travelling somewhere for the first time? Big deal eh? But given the size and comparative complexity of Rio I'm surprised no-one gets (an also overpiced) Lonely Planet Rio (dirt cheap pirate copies of Lonely Planets in Cambodia btw) so they know in advance subway coverage, distances and so on. But Quackup has just given an exemplary account of doing high end Rio from scratch in a few days. When someone's thinking pussy, getting them to stay on-thread is like saying 'hold on' on a bucking bronco. I've tried it. Doesn't work. Why should I care? ;) :D

Koolkid
07-09-09, 12:25
Anybody have a reliable site to access GPguia.net from outside of Brazil please?

Thanks

Uzinuzin
07-09-09, 20:21
I just tried this from UK and worked fine (though slow):

201.92.253.33 port 3128 anonymous

Although I had one from before and it no longer works, so they change them a lot. If one proxy server doesn't work try another one from this list:

http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

(Look for ones that say Brazil).

Java Man
07-09-09, 23:07
I posted this in the SP thread:

You have to change your web browser connection settings and manually set them. If you don't know how, Google search for detailed instructions on how to do that.

I got it to work on Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox using Mexican proxy: 201.147.20.245
port setting: 80 (so i don't have to configure the firewalls.)

It's possible that this proxy may stop working. If so, Google search for a proxy that is anonymous.

FYI: gpguia was hacked into a few months back from outside Brazil. They've blocked access from outside Brazil since then.

Viva Copa
07-09-09, 23:42

I'm on limited mongering time, so need to turn a 2 shot game into 4/night fast foda. I'll be looking for a farmicia near Metro & L'uomo.Currently at any drogaria Pacheco's in Rio Janeiro; two 50 mg package: $49.00 R$ The package of four 50 mg is 86 R$, reais.

Use with moderation your member may falloff. rsrsrsrrsrssr have fun and tell us about it!

Koolkid
07-10-09, 12:35
Thanks for the infos on this

Trippleecks
07-10-09, 12:44
I think he may have potential..

DaveWave
07-10-09, 16:10
Gentlemen:

Quick question about Brazilian visas. I have one. It's good for another few years. However my passport is now within 6 months of expiration.

Can I keep using the existing visa? Or does Brazilian consulates require a new one?

Many thanks in advance for any information.

DaveWave

Johan
07-10-09, 16:28
Don't know if this is random or a pattern. I recently found a lot of errors on the bills at the Termas. Seems like this problem is common at all the Termas. For this month alone, I found at least for bills coming out to my favor (I got five drinks - a few for the girls and one for myself but none of that showed up on my bill), then two bills came against me (drinks charged to me but not of me which I called the manager and he corrected that).

Definitely read your bills at Termas.

Riofan6
07-10-09, 16:43
i think he may have potential.2 things.1. sarkozy looks amused in the pic. is he looking at the girl or at yobama looking at the girl.

2. woohooo. obama gives speeches and apoligizes (yet again), the stock market goes down (yet again). but the exchange with the real is moving in our favor. at least he's having one good affect.

Bravo
07-10-09, 18:41
Gentlemen:

Quick question about Brazilian visas. I have one. It's good for another few years. However my passport is now within 6 months of expiration.

Can I keep using the existing visa? Or does Brazilian consulates require a new one?

DaveWave

No problem, travel with both passports and you will be fine.

Koolkid
07-10-09, 18:43
Don't know if this is random or a pattern. I recently found a lot of errors on the bills at the Termas. Seems like this problem is common at all the Termas. For this month alone, I found at least for bills coming out to my favor (I got five drinks - a few for the girls and one for myself but none of that showed up on my bill), then two bills came against me (drinks charged to me but not of me which I called the manager and he corrected that).

Definitely read your bills at Termas.

Twice that I went to Luomo I was over charged for drinks, never at 4x4 or 502.

Mangera
07-10-09, 22:51
Twice that I went to Luomo I was over charged for drinks, never at 4x4 or 502.

I have seen incidents of over charging for drinks at 4 x 4 as well. Its common in various places. Even more common when you are a tourist :) Just becareful guys.

Sprite13
07-11-09, 05:44
As stated before, take both passports with you and you will be fine. One key point to remember, when you go to renew your passport, make sure that at the Passport office they don't damage the page on the old passport containing your Brasil visa. That's crucial. Remember that!

Gentlemen:

DaveWave

Sprite13
07-11-09, 05:47
During my last trip, I was once overcharged at MC by about 60 reais. Since I was [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) drunk, didn't realize it until the next day. The next time I went, I spoke with the guy at reception that speaks fluent English and mentioned it to him (forgot his name, Eduardo mabye? but he is very cool and super helfpul) and he apologized for it and waved the entry fee for me that day.
So there are still some decent places out there. Or that could depend on the person and or your people skills along your portuguese.

I have seen incidents of over charging for drinks at 4 x 4 as well. Its common in various places. Even more common when you are a tourist :) Just becareful guys.

Trippleecks
07-11-09, 11:57
Turns out the woman in this photo is actually a young girl. A 16 year old Brazilian girl from Rio de Janeiro. Come on Barack, a monger is one thing but a 16 year old girl is something else.

http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/10937/1/

He was seen getting very close to her again a short while later.. see photo below.

Marc973
07-11-09, 13:14
Hello,

Is Discoteca still opened?

Thks

Pelongera
07-11-09, 17:10
Turns out the woman in this photo is actually a young girl. A 16 year old Brazilian girl from Rio de Janeiro. Come on Barack, a monger is one thing but a 16 year old girl is something else.

He was seen getting very close to her again a short while later.. see photo below.Take your B.S. elsewhere, Trippleecks.

And don't post anymore stock photos.

It mucks up an otherwise excellent gallery.

Mr Enternational
07-11-09, 18:13
He was seen getting very close to her again a short while later.. see photo below.
Well it WAS an ass and a half!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maV2Zg5_uz0&feature=related

Bravo
07-12-09, 01:15
Is it possible to rent an automatic in Copa? Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive a stick, so I need to get an automatic. Do they come with GPS systems too?

Poucolouco
07-12-09, 01:41
Is it possible to rent an automatic in Copa? Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive a stick, so I need to get an automatic. Do they come with GPS systems too?

Clutch challenged adult male? Kkkkk. Just kidding, I couldn't resist. Yes, you can rent automatic and yes GPS is available as an option. On Ave Princess Isabel you will find Avis, Hertz, Budget and Localiza all within the same block.

Gruhmbards
07-12-09, 03:14
Is it possible to rent an automatic in Copa? Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive a stick, so I need to get an automatic. Do they come with GPS systems too?I always get an automatic with gps at Hertz. It´s a good idea to make the deal over internet before traveling and then go directly to the Hertz counter at the airport.

With Hertz, GPS is an optional. They will send you an email confirming the GPS availability.

Bravo
07-12-09, 11:08
I always get an automatic with gps at Hertz. It´s a good idea to make the deal over internet before traveling and then go directly to the Hertz counter at the airport.

With Hertz, GPS is an optional. They will send you an email confirming the GPS availability.

Gruhmbards, How much was the rate per day and what type of car? Do you find you get a better rate over the internet than if you walked into the office? My friend said it was best to send a brasilian in to work out the price, because she could get a better rate, than the special gringo price they have.

Gruhmbards
07-12-09, 13:15
Gruhmbards, How much was the rate per day and what type of car? Do you find you get a better rate over the internet than if you walked into the office? My friend said it was best to send a brasilian in to work out the price, because she could get a better rate, than the special gringo price they have.Bravo:

My last rental was a Group P4, Model VECTRA ELEG SEDAN AU as specified in the invoice.

The rate was 156 reales per day. They invoice the GPS on another note that I cant find at this time, but it was something around 10 reales per day.

My own experience sending a Brasilian to work out the price, or to work the reservation prior to my arrival is not good. I want to be clear that I am speaking about MY experience.

When this happened I did get a better price, but when I arrived to the booth I was requested to sign an "extension driver contract" and charged for that.

Also, and this is very important, many times when you make internet reservations it happens that when you arrive they don`t have the type of car you signed for, and you get a free upgrade (this happens mostly in GIG and in GRU).

I know that there are cheaper rates with other rental companies and I do have friends that use them. They don`t have a place at the airport and I don`t know if they deliver the car at GIG or if you can leave it there.

I have these other references that I used some times (don`t remember if they have auto or GPS):

(21) 3257-3700 - LOCABARRA, in Barra da Tijuca, they hava a 3 day minimum rental period but prices are good.

(21) 7835-7791 - TELECAR, they are located in Copacabana. I remember they deliver cars for the hotels near by.

Trippleecks
07-13-09, 12:37
Pelongera.... Kiss my ass. I'll post what I want.

John Starkie
07-13-09, 21:17
hi,

for those who have visited both rio and ba.

before i subscribe to the argentina section, does anybody know if there is an equilalent of helpee in buenos aires? i. e. club scene with p4p action?

any advice much appreciated.

thanks,

john

Eros74
07-13-09, 22:52
....For those who have visited both Rio and BA...

John maybe I can help, so far I was 2 months in Brazil in last january/february and then I moved for 2 weeks to BsAs. ( you can find my posts with the same nickname as here in Argentina private).

My suggest is...do not go to BsAs as for me it does surely not worth !

I tried more or less almost all the clubs listed in Argentina private and IMHO argentinian girls, even if a bit, but only a bit more beautiful than brazilian one are million times more cold and selfish.

The only 2 real things Argentina wins Vs Brazil is the quality of meat, steak are great and that it is much safer, but if I could go back, I'd spend 2 whole months only in Rio as termas girls, for service, attitude, beauty are the best I saw in 60 days. Yes in south of Brazil, if you are as me into slavic type girls, you can find better girls as beauty but much more expensive prices as there are no terma at all, only clubs where you pay to get into, you have to pay some lady drinks, then to pay taixa de saida, to take girl out, and then finally to pay the girl too.

So IMHO who wins between Rio and BsAs....for me there is no match/challenge at all.

Actually I am thinking to try Colombia, if not again to Rio, but for sure never again to Argentina.

If you have other questions and I can help you, I am here.

Cheers

Uzinuzin
07-13-09, 22:54
For BA I recommend joining the other forum. You definitey benefit from all the reports and advice. The guys are very active there and write good reports.

As far as I can remember there is no P4P club the size of Help (from what I read). There are a couple of free joints and a few famous boites (expensive drinks and barfine) and then you have the vast/quality privado scene.

To be honest I found BA chicas a bit stuck up, my best time was with chicas from Paraguay, Dominican Rep., Uruguay and Brazil while I was in BA!? funny that...

I wrote a couple of reports there under this same user name.

(Edited: Funny I wrote this at the same time as Lukasek and it's so similar..!)

Jan 156
07-13-09, 23:04
Ditto last two reports on BA. Matches my experience to a T. Go to BA for tango, culture, steaks, or to juggle a six month limit returning to Brasil.

John Starkie
07-14-09, 17:36
Thanks for the info guys.

Think I'll keep my stay in BA to a couple of days before moving on back to Rio.

Cheers

Ditto last two reports on BA. Matches my experience to a T. Go to BA for tango, culture, steaks, or to juggle a six month limit returning to Brasil.

Golfinho
07-15-09, 01:38
Ditto last two reports on BA. Matches my experience to a T. Go to BA for tango, culture, steaks, or to juggle a six month limit returning to Brasil.There's spectacular high-end talent in Argentina. take a pass if you're not carrying the coin or are the type looking for it on the cheap, or easily satisfied with the run of the mill.

Jan 156
07-15-09, 08:55
There's spectacular high-end talent in Argentina. take a pass if you're not carrying the coin or are the type looking for it on the cheap, or easily satisfied with the run of the mill.
This is true. And you get women with sophistication and finesse. They can be very 'European' compared to the earthiness of Brasilian girls. But boy, do you pay for it! It's a very different vibe to Brasil. Do both and compare if you have time - overland thru Uruguay and boat is quite nice. But there is not the sheer quantity, variety and full-bloodiedness of Brasil. There's nowhere like Brasil.

IMO ;) ;) ;)

Hobbying
07-15-09, 08:59
Only thing good for mongering in Argentina is the exchange rate which makes it relatively cheaper than brazil. When I went there and had sessions with brazilian girls working in Buenos Aires it was average which would make it hard for them to find clients in Brazil. But if you can speak spanish but not portuguese that is a big factor also.

Rubio Tonto
07-15-09, 13:55
Sorry to disappoint, but here's the video:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/media-matters-karl-frish-breaks-down-obama

Sarkozy, on the other hand? Total dog!

Edward M
07-17-09, 02:21
Sorry to disappoint, but here's the video:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/media-matters-karl-frish-breaks-down-obamaWell, Rubio, I think you are clearly not as big a horn-dog as me, or dare I say, Barack. That is one of the oldest tricks in the book when it comes to checking out a bunda. I disagree with Barack on almost all of his politics but we can agree on Brazilian bunda!

Pelongera
07-17-09, 03:28
And you get women with sophistication and finesse. They can be very 'European' compared to the earthiness of Brasilian girls.Earthiness? And where would afro-Brazilian percussions fit in this Euro-centric definitions of 'sophistication'?

Truly, who among us would trade one night fucking a Brazilian girl who fucks to rhythms of Brazil for one night with any female from Europe?

Hitmanm3
07-17-09, 18:30
latineuro Colombia vs Brazil

I have to say I have seen better women on the colombia ads than brazil as of late. I know this is not a full indication of brazil vs colombia its strickly what I see on the site.As of late the girls of Columbia have been out ranking the Brazilian girls. Even my friend have said that as of late the girls and talent in Brazil have taken a nose dive. It has been on a down ward spiral as of the past couple of years. Look at the pics in latin-euro and even on this site.

Oakwood99
07-22-09, 01:20
Where can I find it. I did a search to no avail.

Gfe Finder
07-22-09, 01:36
Where can I find it. I did a search to no avail.

Oakwood99,

Try this link:

I guess it really does need its own section, like Bubba Boy's guide.

Jan 156
07-22-09, 01:51
I guess it really does need its own section, like Bubba Boy's guide.
Have suggested as much several times to Jackson but he hasn't bitten so I've given up. At the rate BA85 is getting gringo-ised as we make it so accessible tho I might even have to give that a miss. Brasilians are at least thin enough to pass on the stairs and don't have serious body-contact issues with other males the way most of us Westerners do.

Cho 637
07-25-09, 07:04
I was trying to renew my visa for my next trip and found that the Brazilian consulate now uses an online visa form that you must fill out. However when I clicked on the link to the form, this is what I got:

Secure Connection Failed

scedv.serpro.gov.br uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

I tried another consulate and got the same message. Anyone else had any experience with this? I called the consulate and they told me that I could come and use their computer.

Pelongera
07-25-09, 08:57
I was trying to renew my visa for my next trip and found that the Brazilian consulate now uses an online visa form that you must fill out. However when I clicked on the link to the form, this is what I got:

Secure Connection Failed

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

I tried another consulate and got the same message. Anyone else had any experience with this? I called the consulate and they told me that I could come and use their computer.That's just your browser telling you that it cannot verify the website. what browser are you using?

On my computer, Safari allows me to click past the warning.

But my settings on Firefox are such that it won't let me either.

Somehow, you'll have tell your browser that the site is okay.

Try adding the URL as an exception.

Delecti
07-25-09, 14:43
I believe that you have to lessen the level of security protection in your computer. Mine is set up so that I get a warning, but then can decide to go forward and still visit the site. So I got a non-validated site warning, told my computer to ignore it, and went ahead and filled out the form. It worked great. I was also using Mozilla, not Explorer.

I'm sure someone with more computer experience than I have can tell you more...

Lonzof
07-26-09, 03:31

Secure Connection Failed

I tried another consulate and got the same message. Anyone else had any experience with this? I called the consulate and they told me that I could come and use their computer.

Cho,

I had the same issue several months back while using firefox. I switched to IE and was able to complete the online process. The good news for me... I was given a 5-year visa.

Lonzof

Cho 637
07-26-09, 05:12
Cho,

I had the same issue several months back while using firefox. I switched to IE and was able to complete the online process. The good news for me... I was given a 5-year visa.

Lonzof

Thanks for the advice. I am using Firefox. The site asked me if I wanted to make an exception, I wasn't sure if I should. I'm very paranoid about identity theft.

BionicMan
07-26-09, 06:03
I believe that you have to lessen the level of security protection in your computer. Mine is set up so that I get a warning, but then can decide to go forward and still visit the site. So I got a non-validated site warning, told my computer to ignore it, and went ahead and filled out the form. It worked great. I was also using Mozilla, not Explorer.

I'm sure someone with more computer experience than I have can tell you more...
You are right. You can lessen the security also on IE and bypass the warning.
The "unsecure" certificate comes also from the USA visa website.
I think it is a pretty much common setting of those gov sites so that they do not cross certificates by default and who knows what other settings they are able to arrange on their own servers.

Pelongera
07-26-09, 06:15
Thanks for the advice. I am using Firefox. The site asked me if I wanted to make an exception, I wasn't sure if I should. I'm very paranoid about identity theft.If you go to Bank of America's website, you'll notice in the lower, right hand corner of your firefox browser that there is a little lock. Hover over the lock and you see a pop-up message that says 'verisign, ' which is a service (a separate company) that purports to authenticate websites. Double click on the lock to view the certificate it essentially sold BofA.

BofA's IT people have submitted their website for authentication to verisign, which Firefox recognizes as authoritative.

The Brazilian consolate, on the other hand, has chosen to "authenticate" its website with a service that Firefox (and Safari) does not validate, i.e. "trust," which may be for the simple reason that the authenticating service the Brazilians chose was not American.

Your instincts are right not to submit personal information. And whenever you are in doubt, start by looking for the letter 's' in the URL after http and then the lock in the lower right.

That's as much as you can do online.

Cho 637
07-27-09, 02:33
If you go to Bank of America's website, you'll notice in the lower, right hand corner of your firefox browser that there is a little lock. Hover over the lock and you see a pop-up message that says 'verisign, ' which is a service (a separate company) that purports to authenticate websites. Double click on the lock to view the certificate it essentially sold BofA.

BofA's IT people have submitted their website for authentication to verisign, which Firefox recognizes as authoritative.

The Brazilian consolate, on the other hand, has chosen to "authenticate" its website with a service that Firefox (and Safari) does not validate, i.e. "trust," which may be for the simple reason that the authenticating service the Brazilians chose was not American.

Your instincts are right not to submit personal information. And whenever you are in doubt, start by looking for the letter 's' in the URL after http and then the lock in the lower right.

That's as much as you can do online.

Yes, the "s" is in http.

Ryjerrob
07-27-09, 07:09
Came across the following on facebook.............

"Free access code for wiress - Mostly good on LAX or SF Trips to NYC and vice-versa but they are installing on MD80's which are the Chicago and Dallas flights from LA and in between in the next few months - Code is AAWiFi80208A2"

Hope someone can use this.

ryjer

Poucolouco
07-27-09, 18:06
Visa question

My Brasil visa is up oct 14 09.

If I set up a trip Oct 10 09 to Oct 17 09, what do I do?

Your visa must be valid for six months from your date of arrival or you will not be allowed entry. Renew it now, there's plenty of time before you go.

Gruhmbards
07-28-09, 01:02
Also your passport needs to be valid for six more months after the date you arrive.

Your visa must be valid for six months from your date of arrival or you will not be allowed entry. Renew it now, there's plenty of time before you go.

Edward M
07-28-09, 03:49
Your visa must be valid for six months from your date of arrival or you will not be allowed entry. Renew it now, there's plenty of time before you go.Not true. It is your passport that needs 6 more months.

Poucolouco
07-28-09, 16:38
Not true. It is your passport that needs 6 more months.

You mean to tell me if I go for 1 week in september before it expires I still have to renew it? I am only staying 1 week not 6 months. I know its not your rules but their are backwards if this is the case. Just another way to pay back the corrupt usa for all thw problems they cause when brazilians come over.

Actually, I experienced the exact same situation in 2005 and was advised by the Consulate to renew my visa. Perhaps others have not had a problem with this issue. Unfortunately you must deal with three different entities to enter the country, the Consulate, the airlines, and the DPF, all of which have authority and discretion to delay or deny your entry.

Ryjerrob
07-28-09, 19:09
I'm not sure if this question has been asked/answered before, but can anyone tell me the process of setting up the pool table goes. A quick overview of the game in Brazil would also be helpful.

thanks.........ryjer

Cho 637
07-30-09, 18:08
Can anyone tell me if the "daily" vitamin c (2.5-5mg) is sold in Rio?

Poucolouco
07-30-09, 19:11
Can anyone tell me if the "daily" vitamin c (2.5-5mg) is sold in Rio?

The recommended daily dosage for an adult is 75 - 90mg. You can get that from an 8 oz glass of orange juice. If you want the infant dosage (2.5 - 5mg) you can try Redoxon, available in most farmacias and homeopathic lojas, e.g. Mundo Verde. It is in a liquid form. One drop = 1mg.

Hughdad
07-30-09, 20:01
The recommended daily dosage for an adult is 75 - 90mg. You can get that from an 8 oz glass of orange juice. If you want the infant dosage (2.5 - 5mg) you can try Redoxon, available in most farmacias and homeopathic lojas, e.g. Mundo Verde. It is in a liquid form. One drop = 1mg.He means Cialis. And a pharmacy there offered me both the daily and the larger dose. I bought the larger dose, but break it up as needed.

Poucolouco
07-31-09, 01:02
He means Cialis. And a pharmacy there offered me both the daily and the larger dose. I bought the larger dose, but break it up as needed.

I guess my attempted humor was too subtle. You sure he means Cialis? He previously posted this, http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=844381&postcount=240 :D

rsrsrs

Golfinho
07-31-09, 06:31
I guess my attempted humor was too subtle. You sure he means Cialis? He previously posted this, http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=844381&postcount=240 :D

rsrsrsBring some with you when you come from Asia -- or Colombia or anywhere else generic is availalble. Brazil respects no one else's copyrights, yet makes generic V and C unavailalbe on the domestic consumer market. Don't expect to find a 2-pack for less than 50 reales.

Cho 637
07-31-09, 08:20
Bring some with you when you come from Asia -- or Colombia or anywhere else generic is availalble. Brazil respects no one else's copyrights, yet makes generic V and C unavailalbe on the domestic consumer market. Don't expect to find a 2-pack for less than 50 reales.

Poucoluco
You know what I meant! :)

Zingadoon
Are you saying that Brazil doesn't sale generic v or c? Just the opposite! Most places offer you a choice. Of course the brand name is more expensive. Do you guys know about the Cialis Promise program which give you a coupon good for free c (with prescription) if you tell them how much you like/dislike it?

Ricker
07-31-09, 13:20
\

... Zingadoon
Are you saying that Brazil doesn't sale generic v or c? Just the opposite! Most places offer you a choice. Of course the brand name is more expensive. Do you guys know about the Cialis Promise program which give you a coupon good for free c (with prescription) if you tell them how much you like/dislike it?

Hmmmm ... I've been to many pharmacies in Sao Paulo, they all say they DO NOT carry the low cost generic viagra in Brasil.
Like the other poster said, it runs about 50 BR for a two-pack at best.

Cho 637
07-31-09, 21:38
Hmmmm ... I've been to many pharmacies in Sao Paulo, they all say they DO NOT carry the low cost generic viagra in Brasil.
Like the other poster said, it runs about 50 BR for a two-pack at best.
I should amend my statement. I've never inquired about Viagra. Gives me a TERRIBLE headache.

Golfinho
07-31-09, 22:42
Poucoluco

You know what I meant! :)

Zingadoon

Are you saying that Brazil doesn't sale generic v or c? Just the opposite! Most places offer you a choice. Of course the brand name is more expensive. Do you guys know about the Cialis Promise program which give you a coupon good for free c (with prescription) if you tell them how much you like/dislike it?what I'm saying is this: sure, you may find it marketed under a generic name in Brazil , but, BUT priced the same as the branded version. Some choice! Lucky if you can get a 2-pack of V for 50 reales, even if you ask for and get the courtesy discount (5%) at Drogaries Discount (cheapest chain pharmacy I've come across). Compare this to true generic viagra in many other countries - costa rica, colombia, thailand, and many other places in Asia.

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 03:37
Oi amigos,
I'd like to get some info about how much money I have to pay to my girl friend.
I often travel around the world, I know very well South America and never I have meet a stunner, wonderful morena girl. It is appening in Goiania. She is very sweet too. She is incredible for her sweetness. A real girl friend. What good luck!! She have a job and I am meeting her every day in the late afternoon. I will meet her 4-5 hours every day for 10 days. She has to pay its taxi or bus to meet me and she doesn't wish any money. She is a staunch real girl friend but .... I am worried. She probably will ask me to get Europa but I cannot agree.
At the end of my staying in Goiania I'd like to make a present of money.
In your opinion how much money could I give her for 10 days?
I am very worried!;) ;)
I thank you for your suggestions.

Bimbo Boy
08-01-09, 03:40
Oi amigos,
I often travel around the world, I know very well South America and never I have meet a stunner, wonderful morena girl. It is appening in Goiania. She is very sweet too. She is incredible for her sweetness. A real girl friend. What good luck!! She have a job and I am meeting her every day in the late afternoon. I will meet her 4-5 hours every day for 10 days. She has to pay its taxi or bus to meet me and she doesn't wish any money. She is a staunch real girl friend but .... I am worried. She probably will ask me to get Europa but I cannot agree.
I am very worried!;) ;)
My friend.
If you propose her money you would insult her. Indeed, that would mean treating her like a w hore.
If she is a true girlfriend, then she has no price.
B.B.

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 03:59
My friend.
If you propose her money you would insult her. Indeed, that would mean treating her like a w hore.
If she is a true girlfriend, then she has no price.
B.B.

You are right! Really I am troubled by this relationship. What can I do? She like my notebook, could I buy it to her?
mmmm, some suggestions please. I wish to got away through the window. ;)

Geofagus
08-01-09, 04:06
Then why not offer to take her somewhere on vacation. For example, pay for her trip to Paris and meet up with her there. Spend a few days there together. Go meet up in a country where it does not require a visa for her to get in, all she would need is her passport. Im sure she would love it. Get a chance to travel somewhere cool with a guy she likes.

Poucolouco
08-01-09, 04:39
Oi amigos,
I am very worried!;) ;)
There is a standard formula for Girlfriend pricing in Brasil, sometimes called Namorada Valor. It is (^a * R$15 * t) where ^a = your age minus her age, and t = time in days. Thus if you are 50 and she is 25, ^a would be 25.
Therefore 25 * R$15 * 10 = R$3.750,00
You should also offer to pay her transportation cost.
:o

Sperto
08-01-09, 06:33
... She has to pay its taxi or bus to meet me and she doesn't wish any money. She is a staunch real girl friend but .... I am worried. She probably will ask me to get Europa but I cannot agree.
I am very worried!;) ;)
Giving her taxi money would be a nice gesture.

Instead of giving her money as a present you could take her out to do some shopping at e.g C&A. Let her choose some nice new clothes.

Sperto
08-01-09, 06:38
There is a standard formula for Girlfriend pricing in Brasil, sometimes called Namorada Valor. It is (^a * R$15 * t) where ^a = your age minus her age, and t = time in days. Thus if you are 50 and she is 25, ^a would be 25.
Nice formula, but I would prefer to change the R$15 to R$1,5. :)

Lorenzo
08-01-09, 07:28
Interesting, but I'm curious as to where you found this "standard formula," i.e., whose standard is it? This is a bit steep and would in fact bankrupt me rather quickly, given the age difference between the girl and me. When a girl has stayed with me for a whole week, I have traditionally given her US$1000 at the end of the week, plus all her meals during that week, plus transportation to wherever we might travel during that week (e.g., Ouro Preto, Diamantes, Buenos Aires), plus access to whatever entertainment we might indulge (movies, concerts, etc.). Bear in mind that she will be staying in a luxury hotel during that time. In return for this, she will be my companion and be available to meet my sexual needs during that time, including threesomes when the opportunity arises. I have never had a girl complain or ask for more. If she is a termas girl, this may come to less than she might make at the termas, but it is more like a working vacation for her, and she doesn't have to screw 4+ guys a night. Works for me, and I think for her as well.

Golfinho
08-01-09, 07:52
You are right! Really I am troubled by this relationship. What can I do? She like my notebook, could I buy it to her?

Some suggestions please. I wish to got a fromway through the window. ;)Have you NEVER had a girlfriend before, Man? Just because it's Brazil doesn't mean it works differently from anywhere else on the planet. Spend 10 days with someone, how can you not figure out what's what.

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 13:02

Poucolouco,
is I will use that formula I will not get Europe from Brazil anymore because I will became a poor man. ;)
I am 56 old and sher 21 old. ;) ;)

Garotalover
08-01-09, 13:10
I agree with you 100% with you Lorenzo, guys that give the gdps that kind of jack are suckers and thats why they ask for so much money. For some reason they want to give favela garotas ny prices.As many times as I go to Rio I cannot understand giving a puta that kind of money!! $375 a day + f&b.

Interesting, but I'm curious as to where you found this "standard formula," i.e., whose standard is it? This is a bit steep and would in fact bankrupt me rather quickly, given the age difference between the girl and me. When a girl has stayed with me for a whole week, I have traditionally given her US$1000 at the end of the week, plus all her meals during that week, plus transportation to wherever we might travel during that week (e.g., Ouro Preto, Diamantes, Buenos Aires), plus access to whatever entertainment we might indulge (movies, concerts, etc.). Bear in mind that she will be staying in a luxury hotel during that time. In return for this, she will be my companion and be available to meet my sexual needs during that time, including threesomes when the opportunity arises. I have never had a girl complain or ask for more. If she is a termas girl, this may come to less than she might make at the termas, but it is more like a working vacation for her, and she doesn't have to screw 4+ guys a night. Works for me, and I think for her as well.

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 13:21
When a girl has stayed with me for a whole week, I have traditionally given her US$1000 at the end of the week, plus all her meals during that week, plus transportation to wherever we might travel during that week (e.g., Ouro Preto, Diamantes, Buenos Aires), plus access to whatever entertainment we might indulge (movies, concerts, etc.). Bear in mind that she will be staying in a luxury hotel during that time.

Very interesting suggestions, I thank you! I don't know Brazil and now I am noticing it is very expensie to fuck a real girl friend. The cost of the Heaven is too much high for me. I am very worried. ;)
When I have come to Brazil I didn't think about meeting a real girl friend and now this matter is upsetting me.
May be it is better to break off immediately this relationship or to follow the suggestions of Sperto. He recommend me to pay its taxi money and take her out to do some shopping, some nice new clothes. I hope it is sufficient.
I thanks yo!

Hughdad
08-01-09, 13:39
Very interesting suggestions, I thank you! I don't know Brazil and now I am noticing it is very expensie to fuck a real girl friend. The cost of the Heaven is too much high for me. I am very worried.

When I have come to Brazil I didn't think about meeting a real girl friend and now this matter is upsetting me.

May be it is better to break off immediately this relationship or to follow the suggestions of Sperto. He recommend me to pay its taxi money and take her out to do some shopping, some nice new clothes. I hope it is sufficient.

I thanks yo! If she is looking for a real relationship and hopes to get to come back to Europe with you she will be disappointed with anything else. Yeah, you can pay for her transportation, meals, entertainment and shopping trips and have a good time there. But you are aren't looking for a "girlfriend" per se if you only want to see her while you visit Brazil. And chances are she is looking for a trip to Europe. Either just enjoy the time you have with her as you currently have an arrangement to do. Or be honest and tell her you won't bring her to Europe and see what happens. You may find out she really likes your company or that she really wanted to get out of Brazil. Is that what you are worried about. Hearing that? You said you would be willing to break off the relationship immediately anyway. Why is it so hard to simply say what you feel and want. After all that is what being in a "relationship" is about. Otherwise, there are plenty of options for companionship in Brazil.

Voyajer1
08-01-09, 13:58
Brazilian men typically don't treat their women nowhere nearly as well as how an industrialized westerner would treat his lady. Your lady wants no money, but as all relationships cost money at the end anyway, I suggest you take her out to all her favorite places: bars, restaurants, and yes, shopping for some nice stuff. A nice dress, matching bag, and shoes should do nicely. Just keep doing whatever it is that you are doing. I bet she is having the time of her life also. Just avoid those wedding bells at all costs. Now that is expensive :D!!!

Oi amigos,
I am very worried!;) ;)

Que Rico
08-01-09, 15:02
Hey foxeshunter,

I meet a girl from Goiania online and came to Brasil to spend a week with her. My experience is that she was not p4p there fore cash rewards for renting her body was not given, we were a couple. I paid for everything while she was with me. As mongers we become accustomed to thinking every girl is looking for money from us, its true in some ways. But not always.

Goinanians are very slowwwww people I am from New York we think, eat, sleep, walk and talk very fast. Her slowness really dragged me down and we had no chemistry. But one thing SHE WAS SWEET! A real Joy! When I came home she sent me an email asking for airfare from brasil to California to see her mother but I said no and that was the end of us. We both had other intentions. Your age difference sends up some red flags. An older foriengnor is viewed as rich with opportunitys. I suggest show her a Honeymoon experience and have some fun, pay for eveything then ask her if you can give her some money as a gift. Then throw her like some money but remember that once you pay her it changes the relationship forever.

Boa SOrte Amigo!

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 16:47
Have you NEVER had a girlfriend before, Man? Just because it's Brazil doesn't mean it works differently from anywhere else on the planet. Spend 10 days with someone, how can you not figure out what's what.

Zingadoon,
I'm sorry but I don't like this reply at all.

1) Sure I like to spend money for a real girl friend but in Brazil
I don't know how much money I have to spend because I don't know Brazil.
2) It is the first time I meet a so wonderful girl. In the past time I
had some little relationship only.
3) In Europe I have a wife and a family and I don't like to get problems.....
but I will not meet anymore a so wonderful girl around the world. ;)
This meeting was irresistible and it is tangling me.

FoxesHunter
08-01-09, 16:55
Hey foxeshunter,

I meet a girl from Goiania online and came to Brasil to spend a week with her. My experience is that she was not p4p there fore cash rewards for renting her body was not given, we were a couple. I paid for everything while she was with me. As mongers we become accustomed to thinking every girl is looking for money from us, its true in some ways. But not always.

Goinanians are very slowwwww people I am from New York we think, eat, sleep, walk and talk very fast. Her slowness really dragged me down and we had no chemistry. But one thing SHE WAS SWEET! A real Joy! When I came home she sent me an email asking for airfare from brasil to California to see her mother but I said no and that was the end of us. We both had other intentions. Your age difference sends up some red flags. An older foriengnor is viewed as rich with opportunitys. I suggest show her a Honeymoon experience and have some fun, pay for eveything then ask her if you can give her some money as a gift. Then throw her like some money but remember that once you pay her it changes the relationship forever.

Boa SOrte Amigo!

Hey Que RicoQue Rico,
I like your reply because it is a real suggestion. I think I will behave myself in this way. I will try to buy some gifts her and I will offer some money, I think 500 euro (I hope it is right).
Thanks a lot!

Eros74
08-01-09, 18:07
but I will not meet anymore a so wonderful girl around the world. ; ...

Never say never Fox, or in other words, check Russia too in your future travels ;)

Golfinho
08-01-09, 18:53
Zingadoon,

I'm sorry but I don't like this reply at all.

1) Sure I like to spend money for a real girl friend but in Brazil

I don't know how much money I have to spend because I don't know Brazil.

2) It is the first time I meet a so wonderful girl. In the past time I had some little relationship only.

3) In Europe I have a wife and a family and I don't like to get problems.

But I will not meet anymore a so wonderful girl around the world. This meeting was irresistible and it is tangling me.If you TRULY do not know a thing, then you'd better be careful. I've travelled all over Goiais.- in a rental car down potholed and dirt roads.- to places where the people had never seen a gringo. Show affection and appreciation to her family. Discover.- without asking.- what they need, and quietly make a present of it to them. Whatever you do, don't talk $$$. Last thing: don't play with their feelings.- They have NO sense of Irony.

Bimbo Boy
08-01-09, 19:10
2) It is the first time I meet a so wonderful girl. In the past time I
had some little relationship only.
3) In Europe I have a wife and a family and I don't like to get problems.....
but I will not meet anymore a so wonderful girl around the world. ;)
This meeting was irresistible and it is tangling me.

Foxeshunter,

You are living a very typical situation found in Latin cultures. Just listen to this song from Teo Galindez "Dos mujeres en mi vida" . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fKv4E4j_8 (2 women in my life). I lived through the same thing. I travelled to Brazil for a few years, until my children were grown up, and now I am divorcing and coming for living here. Do not worry about the age difference. It is quite frequent in Brazil.

You must make your own life choice ... Apparently you have chosen to pay your way out, as cheaply as possible, so please do not let us hear more of your whining.

Regards.
B.B.

Musze3000
08-01-09, 23:12
Hey Que RicoQue Rico,

I like your reply because it is a real suggestion. I think I will behave myself in this way. I will try to buy some gifts her and I will offer some money, I think 500 euro (I hope it is right).

Thanks a lot!Fox - This is the best advice do not give money give gifts instead; the best kind of gifts to give she will love and will benefit you as well! For example she likes your notebook, get her a notebook and she will use it to keep in communication with you via Skype, Instant Messaging and email, etc. You can also get her a nice cell phone; in our case probably the best kind of cell phone to get her is a Blackberry for one simple reason; Blackberry Messenger also known as "BBM"!

With BBM you can text back and forth free of charge; you yourself will also have to have a Blackberry, it works just like instant messaging but better and on your cell and it's free if you use Blackberry, better than having to pay SMS international fees!

But you get the idea buy her gifts that will help her keep in contact with you etc. and she will love to have all the new technology; you will not be setting the expectation of giving her money and she will think you really like her because you are giving her gifts to keep in touch! It works believe me!

Golfinho
08-02-09, 01:46
Fox - This is the best advice do not give money give gifts instead; the best kind of gifts to give she will love and will benefit you as well! For example she likes your notebook, get her a notebook and she will use it to keep in communication with you via Skype, Instant Messaging and email, etc. You can also get her a nice cell phone; in our case probably the best kind of cell phone to get her is a Blackberry for one simple reason; Blackberry Messenger also known as "BBM"!

With BBM you can text back and forth free of charge; you yourself will also have to have a Blackberry, it works just like instant messaging but better and on your cell and it's free if you use Blackberry, better than having to pay SMS international fees!

But you get the idea buy her gifts that will help her keep in contact with you etc. and she will love to have all the new technology; you will not be setting the expectation of giving her money and she will think you really like her because you are giving her gifts to keep in touch! It works believe me!Blackberry gets sold in a heartbeat. (my prediction) to buy something the mother needs for the house. (is what I'd guess).

Hughdad
08-02-09, 14:31
Hey foxeshunter,

Boa SOrte Amigo!I met a 50-plus y/o guy from NYC that met a 21 y/o hottie in Brazil. The guy was basically a loser with women here - he is the smothering and needy type. A real weaselly guy. At any rate, he goes to Rio, meets this hot young mother and next thing you know he was going there every other month, letting his business suffer, bought Nextel direct connect phones so they can talk 24/7 for cheap (and he could keep a leash on her activities when he is in the US), sent $ each month, was trying to get her and her son back here (and finding the going tough), and was talking about giving her another baby that she wanted. This 21 y/o trim was making him nuts! He was running around showing everyone her pictures - even if he just met someone - the pictures came out. His prized possession. Turns out, she thought he was a loser too and had a real boyfriend in Brazil too. Her cousin ratted her out - and now this guy is pursuing a relationship with her cousin.

Think things through with a clear head. And enjoy what you have in front of you. I have known other guys that had relationships with girls from other countries that were decades younger than them. And unless these guys were rich and showering them with $ - the relationships never lasted. It was a case of them wanting to get to the US and once they were here they saw their options. And the guys ended up bitter and trying to screw the girls over. Who needs that drama.

Get your wits about you man! If she likes you for who you are go with it, sure buy her some nice gifts if you want because you are saving on termas or paid pussy. If she wants more you'll find out soon enough.

Avsmith01
08-02-09, 15:51
Please wake up these are hookers only pay her R$100 then you have her. Then, make alittle drama (the right drama) then you have her a life time, getting deep discounts. If you are buying shit you are losing it sounds good but thats changes the game. I will or a person like me will f*ck for 75% less and spend more time with her. You know this wake up! Learn how to work your d*ck, Americans stay f*ucking up shit, dam!

P. S: I'm from New York, LOL

Jan 156
08-02-09, 17:39
I've recently finished with a girl who casually asked me for a laptop 'to keep in touch.' She travelled a bit and I guess maybe a previous boyfriend gave her a blackberry or some such shit. My idea of an expensive present for someone is some nice flowers. The cost of anything I give should not embarrass her financially if she wanted to give me a present of equal value. Girlfriends are more likely to get small presents like this than girls I pay. If she's being paid, a present is no more than a tip. As such, it should be proportional to the fee. I dislike tipping generally. I only do it on rare occasions and when I am convinced it is definitely not expected.

Ryjerrob
08-02-09, 23:48
Please wake up these are hookers only pay her R$100 then you have her. Then, make alittle drama (the right drama) then you have her a life time, getting deep discounts. If you are buying shit you are losing it sounds good but thats changes the game. I will or a person like me will f*ck for 75% less and spend more time with her. You know this wake up! Learn how to work your d*ck, Americans stay f*ucking up shit, dam!

P. S: I'm from New York, LOL

Blah, blah, blah..........................thanks for reminding us that they're hookers!!!!!!!

Bimbo Boy
08-03-09, 00:13
I've recently finished with a girl who casually asked me for a laptop 'to keep in touch.' She travelled a bit and I guess maybe a previous boyfriend gave her a blackberry or some such shit. My idea of an expensive present for someone is some nice flowers. The cost of anything I give should not embarrass her financially if she wanted to give me a present of equal value. Girlfriends are more likely to get small presents like this than girls I pay. If she's being paid, a present is no more than a tip. As such, it should be proportional to the fee. I dislike tipping generally. I only do it on rare occasions and when I am convinced it is definitely not expected.
If she is asking for a laptop, then she is a w*hore and worth dumping ...
BB

Bimbo Boy
08-03-09, 00:20
... I have known other guys that had relationships with girls from other countries that were decades younger than them. And unless these guys were rich and showering them with $ - the relationships never lasted. It was a case of them wanting to get to the US and once they were here they saw their options. And the guys ended up bitter and trying to screw the girls over. Who needs that drama. ... .
Even with a big age difference, it can work. When it works, there is always a trade-off though : basically the woman exchanges an age difference for a wealthy lifestyle or a higher social position.
You don't need to go to Brazil to see that ... just look at the USA and especially Hollywood.
In Brazil, the higher social position can be translated in racial differences : a poor young pretinha will often be happy to marry an older white guy.
Regards
BB

Jan 156
08-03-09, 01:28
If she is asking for a laptop, then she is a w*hore and worth dumping ...
BB

ROFL! Of course she is. I knew that already. She insisted I stop paying, that's all! I knew she would probably hold out for a bigger 'pay-off.' I felt there was no harm in acting in good faith while it lasted. :)

OneKissMontreal
08-03-09, 01:40
Hi evryone

I'm from Montreal city Canada here the escorts scene for exampe if I book 2 girls at the same time no problem but they won't have sex together (have to pay xtra) I would like to knoe if in general when you book a dupla its like a 3some or the same the girls won't have sex between them

Thank you

Hughdad
08-03-09, 11:55
Even with a big age difference, it can work. When it works, there is always a trade-off though : basically the woman exchanges an age difference for a wealthy lifestyle or a higher social position.

You don't need to go to Brazil to see that ... just look at the USA and especially Hollywood.

In Brazil, the higher social position can be translated in racial differences : a poor young pretinha will often be happy to marry an older white guy.

Regards,

BBIsn't that what I said - that unless the guy was wealthy and showering them with $ it did not work? And of course this is the same the world over, not just the USA and Hollywood. In Hollywood you also are seeing the opposite alot, older wealthy women with young guys. But I was addressing this guy's issue with his Brazilian "girlfirend". (He really doesn't have an issue at all - he just needs to figure out what she truly wants to continue to hang out with him and whether he wants to give it to her. He already said he would stop seeing her if it became too complicated, expensive or would fuck up his family life back home - but keeps saying he is twisted up inside by this sweet young thing.)

Poor people don't like being poor. It ain't fun. Doesn't mean they are going to love their sugardaddy or not go elsewhere for their real sexual gratification.

Mangera
08-03-09, 11:55
Hi evryone

I'm from Montreal city Canada here the escorts scene for exampe if I book 2 girls at the same time no problem but they won't have sex together (have to pay xtra) I would like to knoe if in general when you book a dupla its like a 3some or the same the girls won't have sex between them

Thank you
You must ask for that up front when calling the agency. If you don't, then you run the risk of them showing up and not having sex with each other. Many gdp's will have sex with each other, but you can not assume that all of them will.

Better to clear that up beforehand. You can have whatever you desire ( as long as you are willing to pay for it ), but you have to be clear as to what you want when speaking to the receptionist.

Hughdad
08-03-09, 13:47
You must ask for that up front when calling the agency. If you don't, then you run the risk of them showing up and not having sex with each other. Many gdp's will have sex with each other, but you can not assume that all of them will.

Better to clear that up beforehand. You can have whatever you desire ( as long as you are willing to pay for it ), but you have to be clear as to what you want when speaking to the receptionist.And for a dupla in a termas you can ask the girl you are in primarily interested in which of the other girls she likes and has chemistry with. She can bring her over in the bar and you can all get to know one another and have some great pre-cabine foreplay and make-out sessions. On the few occassions when I did this at a termas I had a great time as the ladies were completely comfortable with each other. I also did a great 4-some at MC. 2 mulatas (BomBom and Luciana) and my sweet black friend Danubia (what an incredible ass she has). They called themselves my chocolate pussy posse. 3 beautiful shades of color. Was very helpful that they all were friends and comfortable with one another because in that situation you have to count on them helping to entertain one another. We hung out in the boite for an hour before going up and it was a complete turn-on to have each lady taking turns making out and groping me and making out with all 3 at the same time. We were oblivious to anyone else there and they were dancing for me and giving me semi-lapdances. We just all fell into the cabine and exploded into a great hour long orgy. Something everyone should experience once. At the very least!

Doing a dupla or more in a termas will be much more expensive than using one of the low-cost agencies back in your apartment. There are termas room costs, the ladies are each more expensive, and the drinks cost more (and seem to be getting more expensive all the time.) And with the R$ kickng the shit out of the dollar, it is getting more expensive everyday it seems. I did my 4-some when the dollar exchange was much more favorable and termas prices were lower. At an apartment, you can serve up your own drinks and obviously don't have room fees. But the girls at the termas work together for hours on end, day after day, and they develop friendships and flirt around with one another (and often have been together in a duplas before.) The agency girls often work solo. And you don't have the opportunity to see them and interact with them before they arrive. The hour in the boite before the session was great foreplay and really made for a great hour upstairs. It goes without saying that chemistry is really important in these situations. Of course, you get the agency girls for 2 hours, so you have your foreplay party session in the apartment too. Just be sure to make sure you have all your valuables put away.

Have fun!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Exec Talent
08-03-09, 15:45
Hi evryone

Thank you
Most of the agencies have someone on staff who speaks English so it is best to ask. My advice is to first select a girl that you like. If things are going well, ask her to recommend another girl from the agency to join you. Usually they arrive in a very short time. Result, 1 hour with first girl then dupla for an hour and 1 hour with the second girl.

In duplas, there is a significant difference in the experience based upon the chemistry between the girls. Also, if you want the girls to interact, you might want to mention to the agency that you would like girls who enjoy sex with other women.

Hughdad
08-03-09, 15:52
MIAMI – A Continental Airlines jet carrying 179 people from Brazil to Texas hit severe turbulence over the Atlantic early Monday, injuring at least 26 — including four seriously — and forcing an emergency landing in Miami, officials said.

One passenger said he felt Continental Flight 128 drop without warning while flight attendants were in the aisles, throwing some of them against the roof.

Houston-based Continental said there were 168 people and 11 crew on the Boeing 767. The airline released a statement that said the fasten seat belt sign was illuminated at the time and that about 28 passengers were treated in Miami.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue spokesman Elkin Sierra said four people were seriously injured aboard the Boeing 767 and another 22 were in stable condition with bumps and bruises. A total of 13 people were taken to hospitals.

The plane was on a night flight from Rio de Janeiro to Houston. Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the turbulence struck about halfway between Puerto Rico and Grand Turk island, north of the Dominican Republic.

The plane reported hitting severe turbulence at 4:30 a.m. and landed safely at 5:30 a.m, at Miami International Airport Bergen said.

Passenger Fabio Ottolini of Houston said it was about 6 hours into the flight when he felt the aircraft suddenly drop.

"People didn't have time to do anything," he said.

Ottolini said flight attendents were serving items in the aisles when the turbulence hit. He said some flight attendenats were thrown against the roof of the cabin and may have been among those injured.

Rio was also the departure airport for Air France Flight 447 that crashed in the mid-Atlantic, more than 900 miles off Brazil's northeastern coast, in thunderstorms on June 1, killing all 228 people on board.

The FAA's Bergen cautioned against drawing any parallels and said the cause and severity of the turbulence in the Continental case was still being investigated. "I wouldn't draw any conclusions and comparisons," Bergen said.

Airport officials say some passengers were going on to Houston on various Continental flights about midday. He did not know when the remaining passengers would be expected to arrive in Houston.

Steve 99
08-04-09, 00:18
Just got my visa back from NYC consulate and got the 5 year one --- yeah!

Curious: Is 5 years now the norm for visas??? I remember when I did it in 2005 it was hard to get the 5 year one.

I just got the year one in 2005.

Have things changed or did I get lucky getting the 5 year?

Hughdad
08-04-09, 10:03

Curious: Is 5 years now the norm for visas??? I remember when I did it in 2005 it was hard to get the 5 year one.

Have things changed or did I get lucky getting the 5 year?Now the norm.

Smooth Slim
08-05-09, 05:21

Have things changed or did I get lucky getting the 5 year?I'm curious did you use a visa service or go through the process yourself? I got a 5 year visa the first time but I went to the consulate myself. I'm in the process of renewal but I have to use a visa service because I don't live close to a consulate. Hoping for a 5 year visa, as I go to Brasil at least four times a year.

Steve 99
08-05-09, 13:17
I'm curious did you use a visa service or go through the process yourself? I got a 5 year visa the first time but I went to the consulate myself. I'm in the process of renewal but I have to use a visa service because I don't live close to a consulate. Hoping for a 5 year visa, as I go to Brasil at least four times a year.Yes --- visarite out of Jersery. $205.00 USD -- slow service.

Ee2002
08-06-09, 21:38

5 year visas were always the norm, it was just a few cases of either some guys with the bad luck of the draw and a couple of consulates that were getting a rep for issuing out 90 day visas.

Member #3439
08-07-09, 02:14
Most of the agencies have someone on staff who speaks English so it is best to ask. My advice is to first select a girl that you like. If things are going well, ask her to recommend another girl from the agency to join you. Usually they arrive in a very short time. Result, 1 hour with first girl then dupla for an hour and 1 hour with the second girl.

In duplas, there is a significant difference in the experience based upon the chemistry between the girls. Also, if you want the girls to interact, you might want to mention to the agency that you would like girls who enjoy sex with other women.Since we are on the topic of multiple GDP's...I am planning to recruit for a TLN festa and would like some advice from guys who have done this before.

By festa, I mean about 4 completa GDP's that will be recruited on a Saturday and provide both 12 holes and companionship for me and my wingman through the rest of the weekend.

I'm thinking of recruiting my small flock of GDPs from BA85 on a Saturday afternoon and understand that the going rate is ~R100 for Centro TLN...does anyone have experience with this, or a better idea for staffing this party? .

I'm suspecting that I may have trouble finding girls who don't have something family-related to do on Sunday, and wondering where to put the personal stuff so that it doesn't get stolen out of the apartment...any advice on staffing or safety would be appreciated.

Blk Big Bootyluv
08-16-09, 17:55
I'm on the west coast and I picked up my 5yrs visa 2 weeks ago. all the literature I read about brazilian visas said 1 yr for US$130. Its the norm now.

Reefski
08-16-09, 21:08
I'm planning my maiden trip to Brazil this October. I looked at the Brazilian embassy site and it looks like I need to apply for my visa from the Los Angeles Consulate. Any suggestions on a good visa service? (or any to stay away from?)

Thanks, Reef

I'm curious did you use a visa service or go through the process yourself? I got a 5 year visa the first time but I went to the consulate myself. I'm in the process of renewal but I have to use a visa service because I don't live close to a consulate. Hoping for a 5 year visa, as I go to Brasil at least four times a year.

Exec Talent
08-19-09, 13:32
Although we have many Rio veterans on this forum, we also have some who are new to Rio and may be looking for a guide book. I have read them all and find the Lonely Planet guide the most insightful.

http://shop.lonelyplanet.com/Primary/Product/Destination_Guides/City_Guides/Americas/PRD_PRD_2182/Rio+de+Janeiro+City+Guide.jsp?ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181057&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302026102&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441765968&bmUID=1250684926083&lpaffil=lpcomsearch-shoplinks

Also, some good information for free on their site:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/brazil/rio-de-janeiro

BionicMan
08-19-09, 13:51
Since we are on the topic of multiple GDP's...I am planning to recruit for a TLN festa and would like some advice from guys who have done this before. I'm suspecting that I may have trouble finding girls who don't have something family-related to do on Sunday, and wondering where to put the personal stuff so that it doesn't get stolen out of the apartment...any advice on staffing or safety would be appreciated.
Very true...lots of girls are really off on sunday.
I once hired a girl from a clinic to come TLN after work and that was ok during weekdays but sunday NO! no way to convince her: she wanted to stay with her kids...
So select first a non-mother one!:)
In case there is not a sufficient safe, I usually keep the sensitive stuff (that might be stolen by WG's, that means the laptop, money etc) into my suitcase with the locker.
Very true they can run away with the suitcase, but that gets a bit weird and if one is scared of such, then better hire a separate place:)

Jan 156
08-19-09, 18:54
Although we have many Rio veterans on this forum, we also have some who are new to Rio and may be looking for a guide book. I have read them all and find the Lonely Planet guide the most insightful.

I second that. Still has some gaping holes, even the 'updated version,' but you miss so much of Rio without a basic non-punting guide and LP is def the best of the bunch.

(Their 'Brasil' is good too, but a bit unwieldy. I cut the relevant pages out with a sharp knife and sellotape them back when I get home.)

Mangera
08-19-09, 22:50
I second that. Still has some gaping holes, even the 'updated version,' but you miss so much of Rio without a basic non-punting guide and LP is def the best of the bunch.

(Their 'Brasil' is good too, but a bit unwieldy. I cut the relevant pages out with a sharp knife and sellotape them back when I get home.)
LOL, I am an ass, I got a copy a month ago, and I was lazy and did not read it, and now I can't find it. But glad to know its worth getting. Thxs.

Lorenzo
08-20-09, 07:53

http://shop.lonelyplanet.com/Primary/Product/Destination_Guides/City_Guides/Americas/PRD_PRD_2182/Rio+de+Janeiro+City+Guide.jsp?ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181057&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302026102&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441765968&bmUID=1250684926083&lpaffil=lpcomsearch-shoplinks

Also, some good information for free on their site:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/brazil/rio-de-janeiro
You are right. I find Lonely Planet guidebooks the best not just for Rio and Brazil, but for just about anywhere (with a few exceptions; their Central America and Maritime Provinces of Canada guidebooks are duds).

Rex Feral
08-20-09, 09:39
Viagra, Cialis, etc. in SP and Rio?

Any recommended and trustworthy pharmacy would be well appreciated.

Thanks

Rex

Hughdad
08-20-09, 17:47
Viagra, Cialis, etc. in SP and Rio?

Any recommended and trustworthy pharmacy would be well appreciated.

Thanks

RexAny pharmacy has in different configurations.

Compare prices.

Hughdad
08-21-09, 11:51
What are the best sports bars in Rio?

Do they have the large type of sports bars like we have in the USA (large bar with 20 to 30 TV screens showing all types of sports, large dining area, full fun menu)?

Poucolouco
08-21-09, 21:29

Do they have the large type of sports bars like we have in the USA (large bar with 20 to 30 TV screens showing all types of sports, large dining area, full fun menu)?

These are not quite like in the USA but reasonable options for a North American.

http://www.shenanigans.com.br/ Ipanema across from Praca Gen Osorio.

http://www.mudbug.com.br/ Copacabana, Rua Rudolfo Dantas, one block west of Copacabana Palace

Hughdad
08-21-09, 23:12
These are not quite like in the USA but reasonable options for a North American.

http://www.shenanigans.com.br/ Ipanema across from Praca Gen Osorio.

http://www.mudbug.com.br/ Copacabana, Rua Rudolfo Dantas, one block west of Copacabana PalaceThanks Pouco. I've been to Shenanigans.

Mudbug looks like it could be a fun time. Looks like Rio needs a giant sports bar.

Exec Talent
08-21-09, 23:26

When I am jonesing for an American style burger I go to Joe & Leo's in the same shopping plaza as Outback across from Rio Sul Mall. Watched the Super Bowl this year at the Marriott.

Smooth Slim
08-22-09, 18:48
I'm planning my maiden trip to Brazil this October. I looked at the Brazilian embassy site and it looks like I need to apply for my visa from the Los Angeles Consulate. Any suggestions on a good visa service? (or any to stay away from?)

Thanks, ReefI used http://www.abriggs.com/. They have offices all over. They are professional. Though a bit pricey. But I was able to get them on phone anytime I needed and I could track the progress and pay online. Made me feel comfortable sending my passport via mail. They also appear to do a lot of visa work.

Good luck.