PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BionicMan
08-03-12, 07:52
. and he asked for 35R, I countered with 25R. Done deal. BTW, it was brandnew in the box. It works perfectly. Bottomline, don't be afraid to negotiate. If not, they will take advantage of you.It is in the normal nature of trade transaactions: demand and offer. They see "you" in need, you have a demand, the offer "their" price.

Bimbo Boy
08-03-12, 10:24
I do not want to take up space in the Rio Report Thread but I have a very serious question.

I have been to Búzios a couple times and was not impressed. The beaches are small and crowded. Restaurant prices not in line with the quality and even the best accommodations, not as good as elsewhere for a cheaper price. The dune buggies were fun and the downtown area quaint, but I still do not see the appeal, especially among Brazilians who seem to love it. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks!I completely agree. The best thing in Buzios are the huge parties thrown in private houses by wealthy cariocas.

15mn from Buzios there is Cabo Frio. Less upscale, but beautiful beaches.

Best regards.

B. B.

Safado69
08-24-12, 01:35
Gents- I am planning a trip to Rio this fall and have been asked to be a pack mule and 20 bottles of victoria secret items, ray ban sunglasses and a bunch of GNC health supplements. Do you guys think I will encounter any challenges with Customs / Alfandega. Is there a limit and are my quantities too excessive? I would really hate to pay surcharge / taxes. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Poucolouco
08-24-12, 02:54
Gents- I am planning a trip to Rio this fall and have been asked to be a pack mule and 20 bottles of victoria secret items, ray ban sunglasses and a bunch of GNC health supplements. Do you guys think I will encounter any challenges with Customs / Alfandega. Is there a limit and are my quantities too excessive? I would really hate to pay surcharge / taxes. Please advise. Thanks in advance.The limit is five hundred US dollars or equivalent in other foreign currency. Be prepared to explain you are bearing gifts for several girlfriends who are also body builders. I'd suggest going lite on the quantity of Ray Ban sunglasses because everyone knows the value of those. If they should stop you and not believe you they will charge a duty of 50% of the value of the goods exceeding $500. 00 as determined by the Alfandega officer.

BionicMan
08-24-12, 10:40
The limit is five hundred US dollars or equivalent in other foreign currency. Be prepared to explain you are bearing gifts for several girlfriends who are also body builders. I'd suggest going lite on the quantity of Ray Ban sunglasses because everyone knows the value of those. If they should stop you and not believe you they will charge a duty of 50% of the value of the goods exceeding $500. 00 as determined by the Alfandega officer.They accept credit cards at customs. LOL Indeed, any customs, in general, is a hit or miss. Very humoral. They might open a trolley bag and ignore a large 30kg suitcase. For reasons of business, on worldwide basis, I seldom travel light, have always a lot of stuff that can be considerable valuable and tradeable. I never declare it as samples or travel along with documents. The problem is that if you declare it you go through an ordeal of checks, if you "smuggle" through nobody will care much. Until you are checked, of course, then you need some smart talks (never bribing, not worth!) and no arrigance.

Of course bringing lots uf sunglasses if checked might raise questions, whilst bringing Victoria's Secret items might leave it to some indulgence. Anyhow it is really hit & miss and I would take the risk, but don't cross the customs area in a nervous way.

At the end of the day it is not professional smuggling.

I have observed that brazilian customs are more attentive to brazilian citizens bringing lots of items bought from USA mainly, so certain flights are more subjects to monitoring.

Never underestiamte that today many customs points do have special Xray machines capable to detect the nature of the goods into the suitcases. I was once stopped in Australia and asked "do you have a creamy chocolate jar in your suitcase?". But I also crossed the same point once with 13 (thirteen) huge bags full of stuff and nobody raised an eyebrow. Have to thank the Qantas stewardess who helped me pushing one of the 3 trolleys I had. Passed in front of the customs agent with a smile and he returned it. Did not even asked me if it was all mine.

Safado69
08-25-12, 16:49
They accept credit cards at customs. LOL Indeed, any customs, in general, is a hit or miss. Very humoral. They might open a trolley bag and ignore a large 30kg suitcase. For reasons of business, on worldwide basis, I seldom travel light, have always a lot of stuff that can be considerable valuable and tradeable. I never declare it as samples or travel along with documents. The problem is that if you declare it you go through an ordeal of checks, if you "smuggle" through nobody will care much. Until you are checked, of course, then you need some smart talks (never bribing, not worth!) and no arrigance.

Of course bringing lots uf sunglasses if checked might raise questions, whilst bringing Victoria's Secret items might leave it to some indulgence. Anyhow it is really hit & miss and I would take the risk, but don't cross the customs area in a nervous way.

At the end of the day it is not professional smuggling.

I have observed that brazilian customs are more attentive to brazilian citizens bringing lots of items bought from USA mainly, so certain flights are more subjects to monitoring.

Never underestiamte that today many customs points do have special Xray machines capable to detect the nature of the goods into the suitcases. I was once stopped in Australia and asked "do you have a creamy chocolate jar in your suitcase?". But I also crossed the same point once with 13 (thirteen) huge bags full of stuff and nobody raised an eyebrow. Have to thank the Qantas stewardess who helped me pushing one of the 3 trolleys I had. Passed in front of the customs agent with a smile and he returned it. Did not even asked me if it was all mine.Thanks again for the points and insight!

Sperto
08-31-12, 16:20
Interesting story about prostitution made by Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udw8yzHUD00&feature=autoplay&list=PLD93208710F7BD0A3&playnext=3

Erectus Indicus
09-02-12, 07:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udw8yzHUD00&feature=autoplay&list=PLD93208710F7BD0A3&playnext=3Just watched it briefly and my porto is what is called as 'next to nothing'

So not only do we have to put up with fugly gdps but also with fake ones with a camera around the corner? Super.

Sperto
09-02-12, 09:10
Just watched it briefly and my porto is what is called as 'next to nothing'

So not only do we have to put up with fugly gdps but also with fake ones with a camera around the corner? Super.The various episodes covers everything from the cheap streetwalkers to luxury high-class GPs.

Erectus Indicus
09-06-12, 21:44
The various episodes covers everything from the cheap streetwalkers to luxury high-class GPs.Thanks Sperto, I tried the first few episodes but stopped at the coelhinha coelhinha bit. Good as a Porto listening exercise and already found a good term to call a cute young girl at, say T502 or BA85

Cartero
09-07-12, 07:34
I will be traveling to Salvador and was looking up some info about the motels and wanted to ask a question about them. How do you go about using one? I know you can simply walk or drive up but how do you go about paying for one? Do you pay before or after? Some places outside of Brazil, you put money inside a mailbox type container for the the amount of time you intend to stay. I would appreciate any info you guys might have to offer about motels in Bahia and tips on how to get a good deal and not getting

Scammed.

Thanks

Poucolouco
09-07-12, 20:11
I will be traveling to Salvador and was looking up some info about the motels and wanted to ask a question about them. How do you go about using one? I know you can simply walk or drive up but how do you go about paying for one? Do you pay before or after? Some places outside of Brazil, you put money inside a mailbox type container for the the amount of time you intend to stay. I would appreciate any info you guys might have to offer about motels in Bahia and tips on how to get a good deal and not getting Scammed.

ThanksThe usual procedure is you check in either through a concierge or through a drive-up window. You select the type of room you want and let them make an imprint from your credit card for security. You may incur additional expenses, e. G. Food, drinks, etc. During your stay. Then you settle up your account when you check out. House rules may vary from one location to another or if you are paying by cash versus credit card but this is the general routine I have encountered throughout Brasil including Bahia. Keep in mind that these places cater mostly to Brasilians and they are not likely to scam you with a Gringo price. Their prices are posted and not negotiable. Pay close attention to the rules and hourly billing procedures and you should have no problems.

Jan 156
09-07-12, 20:36
I've stayed in a couple. From very seedy run-down, with just a few rooms adjoining a car park, to deluxe ones that rival any good hotel. They mostly want money (cash or card) upfront (paid at reception or online), no-one minds how many guests you bring, there's normally 24hr room service (food, drink, condoms, lube) , and the better ones have add-ons like jacuzzis and so on. They are built for discreet sex and almost always offer a discreet entrance, but otherwise they are much like any other hotel. A lot are listed on Booking. Com or hotel booking sites and the daily rate may be competitive with regular hotels in some cases.

The fun thing is breakfast in the morning or meeting couples in the lifts. There is often the moment of embarrassment of two people not wanting to be seen together before quickly realising that everyone is in the same position and it is ok and 'respectable. ' Remember they are used mainly by Brasilians having discreet affairs rather than gringos with p4p, but they have no objection to p4p of course as long as they are well-behaved etc.

Personally I don't think they are any more or any less likely to try to scam you than any other Brasilian hotel.

I will be traveling to Salvador and was looking up some info about the motels and wanted to ask a question about them. How do you go about using one? I know you can simply walk or drive up but how do you go about paying for one? Do you pay before or after? Some places outside of Brazil, you put money inside a mailbox type container for the the amount of time you intend to stay. I would appreciate any info you guys might have to offer about motels in Bahia and tips on how to get a good deal and not getting

Scammed.

Thanks

Cartero
09-07-12, 20:38
The usual procedure is you check in either through a concierge or through a drive-up window. You select the type of room you want and let them make an imprint from your credit card for security. You may incur additional expenses, e. G. Food, drinks, etc. During your stay. Then you settle up your account when you check out. House rules may vary from one location to another or if you are paying by cash versus credit card but this is the general routine I have encountered throughout Brasil including Bahia. Keep in mind that these places cater mostly to Brasilians and they are not likely to scam you with a Gringo price. Their prices are posted and not negotiable. Pay close attention to the rules and hourly billing procedures and you should have no problems.Thanks for the detailed info. You answered them all. I owe you big time. Any other tips info you might have for me when I go to Bahia, please don't hesitate to shoot them at me. Once again, thanks for all the great info.

Auriflama
09-07-12, 21:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udw8yzHUD00&feature=autoplay&list=PLD93208710F7BD0A3&playnext=3Good shit! Enjoyable piece

Auriflama
09-08-12, 18:21
Here you go sperto another feature.

http://entretenimento.r7.com/roberto-justus-mais/video/bruna-surfistinha-gabriela-leite-e-oscar-maroni-participam-de-debate-no-roberto-justus--5045ee35b61ccc645b68e439/

Sperto
09-09-12, 07:40
Thank you for the link, Auriflama. Bruna is nice.

There are lots of brazilian documentaries about prostitution in Brazil. Very interesting.
In one documentary they reported from the three largest brothel areas in Brazil:
1. Vilarejo Jaci Paraná, Rondônia .
2. Jardim Potiguar in Várzea Grande, Mato Grosso.
3. Jardin Itatinga in Campinas, São Paulo.

Thousands of GP's working there. All three of them seemed quite sleazy, but I guess they must be very fun to visit.
Anybody has been there?

The Cane
09-09-12, 19:43
Sorry if this has already been posted:

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2012/09/rios-biggest-prostitution-crackdown-generation/3199/

Mangera
09-22-12, 12:29
I have used the company at the airport arrival curb side, which provides a safe and cheap ride to copa and Ipanema before. I usuually have them drop me off near Praca General Osorio in Ipanema. However, during my next trip, I will be staying in Recreio. I do not know if they will go that far down. Anyone know if they will go to Recreio or have any suggestions about getting to Recreio on a cheaper method than a taxi? Worse case, I will take the taxi ride. Thanks!

Sympalogy
09-22-12, 14:07
I have used the company at the airport arrival curb side, which provides a safe and cheap ride to copa and Ipanema before. I usuually have them drop me off near Praca General Osorio in Ipanema. However, during my next trip, I will be staying in Recreio. I do not know if they will go that far down. Anyone know if they will go to Recreio or have any suggestions about getting to Recreio on a cheaper method than a taxi? Worse case, I will take the taxi ride. Thanks!Use Rio Shuttle. I used their services quite a few times before, both going to the airport, and coming from my hotel to the airport.

They offer to lift you and drop you from many locations in Copacabana, Ipanema, Barra the Tijuca, Leblon etc.

Everything went smoothly each time, and I reserved online. You pay cash at your destination, no need to use a credit card.

They will not take you to Recreio though, but their last stop in their Barra the Tijuca line is pretty deep in Barra, so taking a taxi from there to your Recreio destination would be much cheaper.

It's the yellow line, the one you want. Here is their website :

http://shuttlerio.com.br/home/br/

I'm pretty happy with them, although now I'll switch to the Bus probably, to get the more "authentic" Rio experience LOL

Poucolouco
09-22-12, 15:26
I have used the company at the airport arrival curb side, which provides a safe and cheap ride to copa and Ipanema before. I usuually have them drop me off near Praca General Osorio in Ipanema. However, during my next trip, I will be staying in Recreio. I do not know if they will go that far down. Anyone know if they will go to Recreio or have any suggestions about getting to Recreio on a cheaper method than a taxi? Worse case, I will take the taxi ride. Thanks!The bus you refer to is Real Auto Onibus. You can stay on the bus till it terminates at Terminal Alvorada, the Zona Oeste Rodoviara located in the middle of Barra Tijuca. You can get a taxi from there to Recreio. If you are not in a hurry there is probably bus service to Recreio from Terminal Alvorado as well.

Jan 156
09-23-12, 12:31
The bus you refer to is Real Auto Onibus. You can stay on the bus till it terminates at Terminal Alvorada, the Zona Oeste Rodoviara located in the middle of Barra Tijuca. You can get a taxi from there to Recreio. If you are not in a hurry there is probably bus service to Recreio from Terminal Alvorado as well.I got to thinking that the Real Auto Onibus (2018) I tend to use goes a very long way round (thru Copa). Whereas there is a much faster (if unattractive) road that goes more directly to Barra. So I had a look round and found there is also a 2918 Real Auto Onibus that goes the quick way.

http://www.wikirio.com.br/%C3%94nibus_Linha_2918_-_Aeroporto_Internacional_do_RJ / Alvorada_%28Via_Linha_Amarela%29.

I'm not sure, but if you were determined to do the last hop by bus, I think it might be a case of getting off the Real Auto Onibus at Barra Shopping and getting an ordinary bus (looks like 314, 315, 880, 360 probably. But they are marked Recreio). Or there will be vans. But although the Real bus is very tourist-friendly, these local options aren't of course built for muito luggage and so on.

Jan 156
09-26-12, 04:58
Probably only of passing interest, to those who genuinely care about what happens to people of Brasil. .

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/brazil-forced-evictions-must-not-mar-rio-olympics-2011-11-14

http://blog.witness.org/2011/12/new-video-the-government-of-rio-de-janeiro-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

Human rights film festival this November in Rio

Sperto
10-09-12, 05:59
Miss Mato Grosso is leading.

http://www.missbumbumbrasil.com.br

Strange that all of the candidates are light-skinned. Where are the morenas escuras and the negras? Even Miss Bahia is white.

Mr Enternational
10-09-12, 13:54

Strange that all of the candidates are light-skinned. Where are the morenas escuras and the negras? Even Miss Bahia is white.Not strange at all. This is Brazil we are talking about. They wouldn't dare let people who have never been to Brazil know that they actually have black people other than Pele. Who did you vote for?

Poucolouco
10-09-12, 17:54

Strange that all of the candidates are light-skinned. Where are the morenas escuras and the negras? Even Miss Bahia is white.They can not limit entries to white only. However, beyond the best ass, the scoring criteria must be very skewed to caucasian-like features. In 2011 Mariana Freitas, negra from Acre came in third place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvhu7bSPT4

Baggio67
10-16-12, 00:44
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world-2012-10?op=1

There are a lot of cities from Brazil on the list. Nothing unexpected. Rio wasn't listed. It's based on the murder rate per capita.

Sperto
10-16-12, 06:56
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world-2012-10?op=1
There are a lot of cities from Brazil on the list. Nothing unexpected. Rio wasn't listed. It's based on the murder rate per capita.
Interesting list.
Maceió, Vitoria, Salvador, Manaus, São Luís, João Pessoa, Cuiabá, Recife, Macapá, Fortaleza, Curitiba, Goiânia and Belo Horizonte are on the list.
Not surprisingly that so many capitals from the north-east of Brazil are represented on the list. There are lots of favelas and nasty bairros in the outskirts of the capitals with daily murders.
Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo are not on the list even though the two states have 4193 and 5745 murders/year. The large populations reduces the murder rate per capita.
http://curiosando.com.br/mais-violentas-brasil/

Note that the list is not representable when it comes to danger for a tourist visiting these capitals, staying in tourist areas.

Baggio67
10-16-12, 20:26
Interesting list.

Maceió, Vitoria, Salvador, Manaus, São Luís, João Pessoa, Cuiabá, Recife, Macapá, Fortaleza, Curitiba, Goiânia and Belo Horizonte are on the list.

Not surprisingly that so many capitals from the north-east of Brazil are represented on the list. There are lots of favelas and nasty bairros in the outskirts of the capitals with daily murders.

Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo are not on the list even though the two states have 4193 and 5745 murders / year. The large populations reduces the murder rate per capita.

http://curiosando.com.br/mais-violentas-brasil/

Note that the list is not representable when it comes to danger for a tourist visiting these capitals, staying in tourist areas.I am staying away from Baltimore and St. Louis!

JohnTraveler
10-18-12, 01:28
I'd appreciate any info whether viagara is available over the counter and without a prescription in Sao Paulo? And, are pharmacies open on Sundays?

Thanks in advance.

Mr Enternational
10-18-12, 23:01
A wingman went to renew his visa last week. He went in for his appointment and they asked him for bank statements for 3 months to show that he could support himself while in Brazil. He said without the bank statements they said they could only give him 90 days. He said they allowed him to use their computer to print out his statements, but lo and behold they did not have Adobe Acrobat so no dice. They let him fax the bank statements later and now he has a fresh 10 years.

Sherroid
10-18-12, 23:29
I'd appreciate any info whether viagara is available over the counter and without a prescription in Sao Paulo? And, are pharmacies open on Sundays?

Thanks in advance.I just walked into a couple of drugstores in Centro and they're sold over the counter. R$92 for four pills in Centro. I politely declined.

Baggio67
10-19-12, 01:54
A wingman went to renew his visa last week. He went in for his appointment and they asked him for bank statements for 3 months to show that he could support himself while in Brazil. He said without the bank statements they said they could only give him 90 days. He said they allowed him to use their computer to print out his statements, but lo and behold they did not have Adobe Acrobat so no dice. They let him fax the bank statements later and now he has a fresh 10 years.In the US? Which consulate location?

Mr Enternational
10-19-12, 08:21
In the US? Which consulate location?The one in Atlanta.

JohnTraveler
10-19-12, 10:40
I just walked into a couple of drugstores in Centro and they're sold over the counter. R$92 for four pills in Centro. I politely declined.Thank you for the info: very expensive!

Java Man
10-19-12, 20:25
A wingman went to renew his visa last week. He went in for his appointment and they asked him for bank statements for 3 months to show that he could support himself while in Brazil. He said without the bank statements they said they could only give him 90 days. He said they allowed him to use their computer to print out his statements, but lo and behold they did not have Adobe Acrobat so no dice. They let him fax the bank statements later and now he has a fresh 10 years.No such problems when I renewed last month in Chicago. I got the 10 Tourist visa. Is your friend self employed or retired? Was he applying for a tourist visa?

Poucolouco
10-19-12, 21:13
[View Original Post]

I just walked into a couple of drugstores in Centro and they're sold over the counter. R$92 for four pills in Centro. I politely declined
Thank you for the info: very expensive!You can get generic Viagra if you ask for "Citrato de Sildenafila" 50mg 12cp R$ 70. 94.

There are several generic chemical companies in Brasil. Drogaria Pacheco sells this brand:

https://www.pacheconasuaporta.com.br/index.php?controle=004_shopping_busca&linkid=e1e60d22d15f2cf84520&cart_buscar=sildenafil&x=53&y=8

Farmacia Drogasmil carries Medley generics for about the same price. 50mg 8cp R$ 77. 12

Mr Enternational
10-20-12, 00:04
No such problems when I renewed last month in Chicago. I got the 10 Tourist visa. Is your friend self employed or retired? Was he applying for a tourist visa?He is neither. It was a tourist visa. He is Puerto Rican and speaks Portuguese. It is his third visa.

Kcrl01
10-21-12, 05:56
You can get generic Viagra if you ask for "Citrato de Sildenafila" 50mg 12cp R$ 70. 94.

There are several generic chemical companies in Brasil. Drogaria Pacheco sells this brand:

https://www.pacheconasuaporta.com.br/index.php?controle=004_shopping_busca&linkid=e1e60d22d15f2cf84520&cart_buscar=sildenafil&x=53&y=8

Farmacia Drogasmil carries Medley generics for about the same price. 50mg 8cp R$ 77. 12Experimented with some generic Cialis (the price was right). Noticeable difference between it and the real stuff. Also, be advised that with the locally produced generic stuff you're really gambling with what would be accepted as USDA quality purity / ingredients standards.

Poucolouco
10-21-12, 20:02
Experimented with some generic Cialis (the price was right). Noticeable difference between it and the real stuff. Also, be advised that with the locally produced generic stuff you're really gambling with what would be accepted as USDA quality purity / ingredients standards.To the best of my knowledge, generic Cialis (tadalafila) is not yet available in Brasil because Eli Lilly's Brasilian patent has not yet expired. Perhaps you purchased a counterfeit product or a non-Brasilian import from Asia. Branded generics in Brasil are held to very high standards of legality, quality and chemical composition.

The Cane
10-25-12, 11:31
Just another form of prostitution?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/catarina-migliorini-sells-virginity-780k_n_2010260.html?icid=maing-grid7|maing7|dl2|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D225137

Jan 156
10-26-12, 01:11
Not to do with p4p, but for anyone who hasn't been to Brazil yet, this gives a colourful overview of the North East, from Sao Luis to Salvador. BBC iPlayer so it may not work in all regions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00z8bp6/

Prosal
10-29-12, 09:08
When I go to Brazil people routinely mistake me to be "Latino" or "Hispanic" or whatever you want to call it. From somewhere south of the border."Hispanic" is a concept that doesn't exist in Brasil. If you are not brasilian, whatever might be your skin color, you are a gringo. I heard "gringo" being applied to a wide variety of people, including hispanic colombians or peruvians, and even black carribeans.

Nevertheless asians are always called "chines" or "japas" (wherever they come from) and arabs or persians often "libanes".

Brasilians are VERY unworldly people. Burros.

Admin
11-02-12, 02:29
Gentlemen,

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange of information between Men on the subject of finding Women for Sex.

Let's get back to the subject.

Thank You,

Jackson

Poucolouco
11-08-12, 03:21
Got back from Rio and after relaying activities I was told about this.

site.www.backpage.com

P4P there. For my city it's been relayed as halfway legit, closely monitored & imitated by authorities for the other half. Have no credible say 1 way are the other as of yet but the talent seems to have some gems. Will research and report back to the appropriate forum.Obs: RE: Your post in the Rio de Janeiro thread.

Here are some tips to save time and make your Backpage searching more useful. Bear in mind that the majority of pictures in the ads are lifted from other sites. While the pictures may be a reasonable facsimile of the girl in the advertisement, in many cases they are not at all the same.

Search their phone numbers on Google and in other monger forums in your area to see if there are any reviews. You will also find if they have posted in other sites and cities. The pictures in other ads may be a different name or a different person. The majority of the pictures have been borrowed from Model Mayhem, or foreign sites (especially the latinas) and from porn sites.

Use Tineye or Google Image Search on the pictures: Copy image location from the ad, paste into Google, search, click Search by Image.

Caution of escorts that move too frequently from city to city. This is often a sign of a cash and dash operation or a person who is not very specific in their ad and ask for money up front and then say they are not a sex provider. Their back up thugs are usually near by.

Happy hunting

Auriflama
11-12-12, 02:23
Bizarre foods in Rio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Xo0ohFQlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBOUYuTBHs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kounBe08el8&feature=relmfu

They should have did a feature on the food stands in vila mimosa

Sperto
11-12-12, 06:56
In the USA right now, and no access to gpguia.I answer here to avoid cluster the Rio thread.

A couple of years ago Gpguia was only accessible from within Brazil. Maybe that's the case again?

Mangera
11-12-12, 23:12
I answer here to avoid cluster the Rio thread.

A couple of years ago Gpguia was only accessible from within Brazil. Maybe that's the case again?I do remember that being the case a couple of years ago. However, I was able to get acces again from the States a month later. I certainly hope that is not the case again. If it is, I hope it is not for long.

VilaMimosa
11-13-12, 17:41
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited or deleted in accordance with the Forum's policy prohibiting any discussion regarding racial issues. This action is in no way a reflection of the merits of the author's comments.

I am aware that the vast majority of references to racial issues are legitimate attempts to advise other fellow members about local racial issues and prejudices. However, past discussions in the Forum has repeatedly demonstrated that the subject simply cannot be discussed intelligently, in any form or for any reason, without being misinterpreted and without starting flame wars.

Please do not engage in discussions about race in the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information.

Thanks!

VilaMimosa
11-13-12, 17:43
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Poucolouco
11-14-12, 17:34
On October 1, Bob Fetterman from the US, teamed up with Luis Neves from Portugal, who carries an extensive background in the restaurant industry, and Niels Nielsen, from Denmark who is a good friend of Fetterman purchased Mabs which had been renamed Barbeiri. The iconic restaurant is at the corner of Avenidas Atlântica and Princesa Isabel in Copacabana. They have changed the name back to Mabs, as it had been called for over forty years. The owners have lowered prices and changed the menu. Mab's is also cranking up its entertainment options and events. In December Mab's will have live music daily from 5:30 PM to 10 PM for happy hour. Luis Neves is bringing in his restaurant experience and creating thematic parties that are going to take place at 11PM on Fridays and Saturdays.

See the full story in the Rio Times:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-business/new-owners-for-mabs-on-copacabana-beach/

Bravo
11-14-12, 18:52
In December Mab's will have live music daily from 5:30 PM to 10 PM for happy hour. Luis Neves is bringing in his restaurant experience and creating thematic parties that are going to take place at 11PM on Fridays and Saturdays.

Url]Fuck live music, start bringing in attractive women again. I remember 12-15 years ago, Mabs used to have alot of very attractive girls there. (The women who prefered europeans and white american men, would patronise Mabs.) Women who prefered Black American men and other races, would go to Meia Pataca.

Unfortunately, the women who went to Mabs started getting uglier and uglier. It was so bad that we started calling Mabs "Creature Feature" because there would be alot of old ugly hoes, who couldn't make a Real anywehre else, so they would wind up there.

Poucolouco
11-14-12, 20:25
Fuck live music, start bringing in attractive women again. I remember 12-15 years ago, Mabs used to have alot of very attractive girls there. (The women who prefered europeans and white american men, would patronise Mabs.) Women who prefered Black American men and other races, would go to Meia Pataca.

Unfortunately, the women who went to Mabs started getting uglier and uglier. It was so bad that we started calling Mabs "Creature Feature" because there would be alot of old ugly hoes, who couldn't make a Real anywehre else, so they would wind up there.Gees man, give it a chance to work. They are making the right moves to improve the place. As in "Field of Dreams," Build it and they will come. Seeing as rua Prado Jr, otherwise known as "the stroll," terminates at Mabs, the local SWs will always be attracted to whatever clientele patronizes the place.

Brazil Specialist
11-15-12, 11:18
Experimented with some generic Cialis (the price was right). Noticeable difference between it and the real stuff. Also, be advised that with the locally produced generic stuff you're really gambling with what would be accepted as USDA quality purity / ingredients standards.I do entrust my health to Brazilian generics in serious issues.

From what I hear from doctors, Generics here are good.

Why should that be different about viagra?

You might have bought some other stuff, in the past they tried to sell you herbal stuff instead of Viagra. But you could read the label, that it has no sildenafil Citrate.

I have bought stuff for me and my friends here, for years, with good results.

http://viagragenerics.longlovetabs.com/

So I never tried the Brazilian stuff

Brazil Specialist
11-15-12, 11:22
My friend told me that probably he would not be able to come to Brazil beginning of December. This is just unbelievable. If they did that for the Olympics!

Any news? Any advice? He is from Australia but will pass through the US for a few days.

http://news.visato.com/brazil/delays-in-processing-brazil-visa-applications-at-overseas-offices-expected/20121108/

Delays in processing Brazil Visa Applications at Overseas Offices Expected.

November 8, 2012 | Filed under: Brazil | Posted by: martin.

Applicants of Brazilian visas might experience unexpected delays in their applications processes at Brazilian overseas immigration offices and Consulates. On Tuesday November 6th. 2012, the Brazilian immigration department released a statement containing reasons for such delays and claiming that they might continue for weeks to come. According to local Brazilian news sources, the immigration authorities have announced that their overseas offices and Brazilian consulates might experience delays in application processing procedures due to a problem in supplying a vital 'production microchip' which is used by the immigration officials to secure a Brazilian visa seal, Brazilian passport books and legalization foils. The authorities asked the applicants of different category applications to remain calm as these delays might continue for weeks to come, till the proper delivery of such microchips is made.

Brazilian immigration officials have announced that the Brazilian immigration offices throughout the world might delay, or completely stop, the application processes of applicants applying for a Brazilian visa, overseas Brazilians applying for renewal of their Brazilian passports and any other legalization procedures that the office regularly goes through. The reason, according to the authorities, for such actions is a certain setback causing a temporary pause in the delivery of the production 'microchip' to the Brazilian overseas consulates and immigration offices. The microchip is an essential component in the application verification and legalization process and other passport related procedures.

The officials from the Brazilian Foreign ministry have stated that the delivery of the microchips is expected within at least 15 days, but it might take a couple of more weeks for the processes to begin on regular basis. Until the shipment reaches these overseas offices, they will not be able to process either the new applications or the existing ones already submitted to them before such announcements.

The authorities issued several guidelines for individuals intending to avail services of these overseas offices. As per the guidelines, overseas Brazilians will not be given appointments with a passport officer for their passport renewal or other related services till such delivery takes place. In addition to this, legalization officers in overseas offices have been advised by the authorities to accept the requests for Brazilian legalization of work permit application support documents by applicants, but to delay the processes until they receive the microchips. The applicants and overseas Brazilians have also been advised to confirm the re-commencement date of regular processes from the respective passport officers.

Auriflama
11-15-12, 13:58
Why isn't this listed on the consulado page?

http://novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/News.xml

Fast Eddie 48
11-16-12, 01:25
My friend told me that probably he would not be able to come to Brazil beginning of December. This is just unbelievable. If they did that for the Olympics!

Any news? Any advice? He is from Australia but will pass through the US for a few days.

http://news.visato.com/brazil/delays-in-processing-brazil-visa-applications-at-overseas-offices-expected/20121108/

Delays in processing Brazil Visa Applications at Overseas Offices Expected.

November 8, 2012 | Filed under: Brazil | Posted by: martin.

Applicants of Brazilian visas might experience unexpected delays in their applications processes at Brazilian overseas immigration offices and Consulates. On Tuesday November 6th. 2012, the Brazilian immigration department released a statement containing reasons for such delays and claiming that they might continue for weeks to come. According to local Brazilian news sources, the immigration authorities have announced that their overseas offices and Brazilian consulates might experience delays in application processing procedures due to a problem in supplying a vital 'production microchip' which is used by the immigration officials to secure a Brazilian visa seal, Brazilian passport books and legalization foils. The authorities asked the applicants of different category applications to remain calm as these delays might continue for weeks to come, till the proper delivery of such microchips is made.

Brazilian immigration officials have announced that the Brazilian immigration offices throughout the world might delay, or completely stop, the application processes of applicants applying for a Brazilian visa, overseas Brazilians applying for renewal of their Brazilian passports and any other legalization procedures that the office regularly goes through. The reason, according to the authorities, for such actions is a certain setback causing a temporary pause in the delivery of the production 'microchip' to the Brazilian overseas consulates and immigration offices. The microchip is an essential component in the application verification and legalization process and other passport related procedures.

The officials from the Brazilian Foreign ministry have stated that the delivery of the microchips is expected within at least 15 days, but it might take a couple of more weeks for the processes to begin on regular basis. Until the shipment reaches these overseas offices, they will not be able to process either the new applications or the existing ones already submitted to them before such announcements.

The authorities issued several guidelines for individuals intending to avail services of these overseas offices. As per the guidelines, overseas Brazilians will not be given appointments with a passport officer for their passport renewal or other related services till such delivery takes place. In addition to this, legalization officers in overseas offices have been advised by the authorities to accept the requests for Brazilian legalization of work permit application support documents by applicants, but to delay the processes until they receive the microchips. The applicants and overseas Brazilians have also been advised to confirm the re-commencement date of regular processes from the respective passport officers.To Brazil sp.

My friend just got his visa a one yr business Visa at the san francisco office only take a few week, they just issue warning for you to allow extra time to get your visa with the world cup and the Olympia coming, I go to Sao Paulo 2 time a yr and I alway get a business visa alway only take 7-10 days at San Francisco office.

Fast Eddie 48

Brazil Specialist
11-17-12, 04:50
Why isn't this listed on the consulado page?

http://novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/News.xmlThey might not want to publicly tell their shame, that they can not emit visa.

My Australian friend said the consulate did not even want him to leave the passport, because it would be useless.

Sperto
11-19-12, 08:34
Discussion in Câmara dos Deputados about regulating prostitution, before the World Cup and the Olympics.

http://noticias.band.uol.com.br/brasil/noticia/?id=100000548434

No way this will happen.

Poucolouco
11-19-12, 15:38
Discussion in Câmara dos Deputados about regulating prostitution, before the World Cup and the Olympics.

No way this will happen.Seems like a good idea, Brasilian FKK clubs.

Albert Punter
11-20-12, 03:12
Once this new regulation comes in force, in case you are a pimp, get from the girl "only" 49% as if you get 50% or more you may get into trouble.
Ridiculous.

No way this will happen.

Britisher
11-21-12, 05:54
Have been living in Buenos Aires for better part of past few years and having a great time as a monger.

However, their is some pressure from work to shift to Northern Brazil.

I want to ask the Brazil experienced mongers which city should I choose in Brazil to shift to?

Somewhere, where I could have a nice life. I earn pretty ok, so money would not be that big a issue.

Portuguese is zero.

Any tips guys?

Jan 156
11-21-12, 10:48
Have been living in Buenos Aires for better part of past few years and having a great time as a monger.

However, their is some pressure from work to shift to Northern Brazil.

I want to ask the Brazil experienced mongers which city should I choose in Brazil to shift to?

Somewhere, where I could have a nice life. I earn pretty ok, so money would not be that big a issue.

Portuguese is zero.

Any tips guys?What cities are your options?

A lot depends on what you mean by a nice life of course. My own preference is Belem, which has a wonderful 'small town' feel to it. You have a well-established and very reliable brothel. Locomotiva. Where you can spend many a very pleasant evening eating and drinking before taking one of the girls home or to one of the varied on-site suites. There are also a good few cheap and cheerful drinking dens downtown that double as on-site brothels.

The more sophisticated area and shopping centre is not that sophisticated. Belem generally is not very sophisticated. But you can enjoy a good range of jazz and local music, avoiding Brega (a cheesy music that locals actually think is good). Be kind to people here. Local transport is good, the city is not too big, and it's a fairly short hop to minor or major coastal resorts. You can also have mini-trips into the rain forest.

Another major option, very different, is São Luis. It has sone fans among experienced mongers on here who are maybe better placed to recommend the place. It is a very big city. Brothels are spread widely and I personally found the girls in them to be of poor quality though I didn't persevere long enough to sample exhaustively (just travelling about SL can be exhausting). It has two main tourist areas. Beach front and historical. Beach front is full of young people convinced they are rather cool, and a fair smattering of fast cars. The beach is 'ok'. Not stunning. The historical area is is cute and worth a visit. There are some street walkers of varying quality there. SL is ok as a jumping off point to the Lencois Marahenses. One of the strangest and most beautiful deserts in the world (though getting there is still a pain even from SL).

You will have to learn at least survival Porto to get by anywhere in the north. As well as survival 'Brasilian' for the way of life. These cities do not have the vaguely 'European' feel of BS, São Paulo, or Beli Horizonte.

Jan 156
11-22-12, 11:14
I would add that São Luis has maybe the best reggae in the world. But Belem is easier for mongering and as a place to live IMHO.

Britisher
11-24-12, 19:25
I would add that São Luis has maybe the best reggae in the world. But Belem is easier for mongering and as a place to live IMHO.atChristopherd,

Thanks buddy.

I read your suggestions with great interest. They were indeed very helpful; .

I like what you told me. I will be investigating more.

When I said "nice life", I meant a place where I could get laid 10-15 times a month without getting bored or feeling sexually frustrated. I also meant, somewhere I could get basic needs of life such as a good internet connection, places to shop etc.

Thank you buddy!

Jan 156
11-25-12, 15:44
For those things, Belem is certainly much less hassle. Distances are mostly negligible within the city. You can stay in a nice neighbourhood but have no more than a brisk and fairly pleasant walk to the cheaper knock-shops, some of which have been upgraded and have quite decent cabins. Shopping, in two main areas, is ok but not like a big city. You can get good clothes for instance, but if you want a range of good music you need to buy from the market where everything is available as copies. There's good live music venues. I've never got bored in Belem but I imagine some people might, as it lacks the excitement of a bigger city like SL. And there's no beach. Locals (non-pros) are easy to chat up. But before I blow it up and lots of people head there only to be disappointed or worse, let me point out it is relatively isolated, people get murdered in the backstreets, and it's about as trendy as listening to Abba with a straight face.

Sabalo
12-03-12, 05:44
Hi Gents,

I'm looking to go to Brazil for the World Cup-actually watching the games will be secondary. Would like to rent an apartment or house for a month. Any recommendations or reliable contacts would be appreciated.

Thanks

(please pm me if you like)

Sperto
12-03-12, 10:16
I'm looking to go to Brazil for the World Cup-actually watching the games will be secondary. Would like to rent an apartment or house for a month. Any recommendations or reliable contacts would be appreciated.You can rent a cheap house in Bairro Quilombo. It's not very far from centro in Cuibá.

If you're noy going to Cuiabá it can help if we know which of the twelve World Cup host cities you'll visit.

World Travel 69
12-04-12, 02:46
Getting ready for the Olympics and the World Cup.

HBOs Witness Series.

You might want to see the documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeBeXzsqZNA

Sperto
12-05-12, 06:55
The winner of Miss Bumbum Brasil 2012 is Carline Felizardo, from Pará.
Not my personal choice, but still very nice.

The candidates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR33y0BCsDQ

El Greco
12-05-12, 09:27
The winner of Miss Bumbum Brasil 2012 is Carline Felizardo, from Pará.

Not my personal choice, but still very nice.

The candidates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR33y0BCsDQWith all due respect Sperto anyone would be perfect for me being surrounded with all those girls here in Pattaya. LOL

Sperto
12-05-12, 15:48
With all due respect Sperto anyone would be perfect for me being surrounded with all those monkeys here in Pattaya. LOLNot the candidate from Bahia. I would pass on that one.

Auriflama
12-07-12, 00:26
Best hotel sites for Sao Paulo? Someone posted a real thourough one a while ago really tough to locate.

Sui Generis
12-07-12, 11:49
Best hotel sites for Sao Paulo? Someone posted a real thourough one a while ago really tough to locate.Http://www.malapronta.com.br/hoteis/sao-paulo-sao-paulo-brasil

This site also is not too bad.

http://www.accorhotels.com/hotel-directory/pt/america-do-sul/brasil/sao-paulo/hotel-sao-paulo.htm

Jan 156
12-07-12, 13:25
Best hotel sites for Sao Paulo? Someone posted a real thourough one a while ago really tough to locate.I'd also be interested. Though in decent budget options including one month rental.

Rio Bob
12-07-12, 15:39
I knew closing HELP would hurt this country, LOL:

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21567942-if-she-wants-second-term-dilma-rousseff-should-get-new-economic-team-breakdown-trust

Prosal
12-07-12, 16:34
Http://www.malapronta.com.br/hoteis/sao-paulo-sao-paulo-brasil

This site also is not too bad.

http://www.accorhotels.com/hotel-directory/pt/america-do-sul/brasil/sao-paulo/hotel-sao-paulo.htmDon't know why you bother to answer to Auriflama. Check his post history. In three years this guy has only managed to fill three pages of questions about Sao Paulo. He will never go there.

Mr Enternational
12-07-12, 20:40

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21567942-if-she-wants-second-term-dilma-rousseff-should-get-new-economic-team-breakdown-trustYes and per the article, the hookers are getting scarce.

"Most market analysts now expect GDP growth to be less than 1. 5% this year and not much more than 3% next year."

Prosal
12-08-12, 12:07
Nov 2012.

Second Pole Dance World Cup in Rio de Janeiro.

And the winner is? Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvrMCat_6Q

She is rather average by Russian standarts.

Bravo
12-09-12, 13:26

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21567942-if-she-wants-second-term-dilma-rousseff-should-get-new-economic-team-breakdown-trustIt would be very interesting to see a break down of the tourism dollars that are being spent in Copacabana since Help closed. I know that most of the apartments in Copa are rented by brasilians now instead of Americans and Europeans. But I am sure that the brasilians are not spending the same amount per head on the local economy, that the american tourists were spending. I wonder if the restaurants, bars, grocery stores, internet cafes and aparment rental agencies are making the same amount of money as they were before.

Rio Bob
12-09-12, 19:48
It would be very interesting to see a break down of the tourism dollars that are being spent in Copacabana since Help closed. I know that most of the apartments in Copa are rented by brasilians now instead of Americans and Europeans. But I am sure that the brasilians are not spending the same amount per head on the local economy, that the american tourists were spending. I wonder if the restaurants, bars, grocery stores, internet cafes and aparment rental agencies are making the same amount of money as they were before.Not long ago I had a conversation with one of the old time waiters from Meia Pataca and I asked him that same question. He told me those were the best days, business was real good when Help was open and the dollar was strong and girls came from all over Brasil to sell bucetta to Gringos with pockets full of dollars. Now he said business is not so good, the patrons today do not spend money like the Gringos did back in the day and the volume of patrons isn't there either.

Same goes for the touts across the street at the beach, they have been complaining for years and there's not many left of them either. Last trip for me in Brasil this past Oct I never even walked by that area because I knew it would be dead.

I spoke to some friends recently who were in Rio past few months and they told me they don't know if they'll ever go back because it was boring. I agreed, for all the years I have been going to Rio every trip I always said this was my best trip, this last trip I said it was my worst trip. I went to 2A2 on a Wednesday night it was closed because it had been slow because of off season, I then went Friday night and it was open but dead, I never had such a bad night there. In years past I had been there in July and the place was great so something is going on, sex business is off. I even met one couple there, the guy was all over my girl, when I went to his girl she told me if I want to fuck her I have to give her 100 reais at this point I left, never went back Saturday night. I did go to Henry club in Barra which was somewhat better.

Usually when I get back from Rio I am looking to make that next reservation right away because of the withdrawl symptoms some talk about here but as of now I have no plans of returning in 2013, most likely 2014 but that could change, I'm not giving up Rio yet.

Golfinho
12-09-12, 20:24
Nov 2012.

Second Pole Dance World Cup in Rio de Janeiro.

And the winner is? Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvrMCat_6Q

She is rather average by Russian standarts.The world pole dance contest the summer before last in Bratislava was great fun. The night before the competition opened was the real party, better than the main event. You ought to try to make one of these and see for yourself first hand,

Poucolouco
12-10-12, 01:35
It would be very interesting to see a break down of the tourism dollars that are being spent in Copacabana since Help closed. I know that most of the apartments in Copa are rented by brasilians now instead of Americans and Europeans. But I am sure that the brasilians are not spending the same amount per head on the local economy, that the american tourists were spending. I wonder if the restaurants, bars, grocery stores, internet cafes and aparment rental agencies are making the same amount of money as they were before.According to the most reliable business sources, the Brasilian tourism industry is booming.

The dramatic rise of domestic tourism, which has more than doubled since 2004 according to the Ministry of Tourism, is one of the clearest effects of Brazil's booming economy. This rapid rise as a direct result of a growing middle class. 'Brazilians have money now, there's no doubt about that. '

According to SindRio (Union of Hotels, Bars and Restaurants in Rio) , the current average occupancy in Zona Sul is expected to reach 98 percent. Currently. 68 percent of reservations are domestic tourists, while 32 percent are international.

Foreign tourism is also strong despite a weakened dollar and global financial crisis. Flávio Dino, president of Embratur, explained 'Brazil welcomed more than 5. 4 million tourists into the country, resulting in US$6. 4 billion in foreign exchange inflows, marking 2011 the best year yet. '

Brasil registered 79, 049, 171 domestic airport arrivals 2011, an increase of 15. 8% from 2010. There were also 9, 005, 165 international arrivals, up 13. 95% from the previous year. These figures are the highest since Embratur, an entity of the Ministry of Tourism, began collecting data in 2000. The number of foreign tourists rose from 5. 2 million in 2010 to 5. 4 million in 2011.

Carleson Wagonlit (CWT) expects the average daily hotel rate in Brazil to climb by between 13. 3 and 14. 8 percent year-over-year for the first half of 2013, and between 13. 1 and 14. 5 percent in the second half of the year. Per-attendee, per-day spending increases for Latin America meetings next year are expected to be the highest in the world, reports CWT, with the cost shooting up by 9. 8 to 12. 2 percent.

According to Advito, the consulting arm of BCD Travel, Brazil's year-end 2012 average daily rates are expected to exceed last year's by approximately 23 to 25 percent.

Lodging Econometrics' Fall 2012 Latin America Lodging Real Estate Trends states that Brasil has the fourth largest development pipeline in the world, notes the report, it represents 45 percent of all development activity in Latin America. Accor Hotels, the Windsor Group, the Copacabana Palace and the Gloria Hotel are all renovating and adding hundreds of rooms in Zona Sul.

Maybe these folks haven't talked to the waiters at MP.

Bravo
12-10-12, 02:01
According to the most reliable business sources, the Brasilian tourism industry is booming.

Maybe these folks haven't talked to the waiters at MP.It seems like the country of brasil is doing well, but I was asking more about Copacabana itself. I wanted to know how the people who relied on gringos to make a living, were doing now that the number of mongers has decreased. Apartment agencys, restaurants (not just MP, but places all up and down Atlantico) , internet cafes, etc. Have the Brasilian tourists made up for the lack of American tourists?

I remember seeing a report on CNN and they said that Brasilian tourists spend the most money on average than any other tourists in the world. The average brasilian spends 5-6 thousand dollars per trip. I wonder how much the braislians spend when they go to Copa and Ipanema for their vacations.

Sangue Bon, I know what you mean about not enjoying Rio anymore. My last trip, I was so bored and fustrated that I actually thought about cutting my vacation in half and leaving 6 days earlier. I have NEVER felt that way about Rio before. I am usually on my laptop planning a return trip before I have even left. The only thing that saved my trip was that I decided I needed to start using my black book and hang out with the regular girls and forget the GDPS. I had a great time for the remainder of my trip but it cost me a fortune! Hanging with regular girls can easily cost 3-4 times more than the cost of paying for a prostitute. I was spending anywhere from 5-700 reais a night and there was no gurantee of getting any pussy at the end of the night.

Sperto
12-10-12, 14:14
The tourism in Brazil is growing. Most growing is the national tourism, but also the foreign tourism has grown (last year 5,3%)
The majority, 48,4% of the foreign tourists are from South-America, 30% are Europeans and 10,9% from the US.

The average tourist spent:
Europeans US$ 1753
Americans (US) US$ 1587
South-American US$ 659

The big spenders are the Swiss, US$ 2015, followed by the Italians, US$ 2008.
http://www.turismo.gov.br/turismo/noticias/todas_noticias/20121017-2.html

I don't know about the sex tourism, but it has propably fallen. That's good. Otherwise the bunda-price would have increased even more.
The sex tourists who go to brazil only makes out a tiny fraction of all the foreign tourism.

Bravo
12-10-12, 18:58
The tourism in Brazil is growing. Most growing is the national tourism, but also the foreign tourism has grown (last year 5, 3%)

The majority. 48, 4% of the foreign tourists are from South-America. 30% are Europeans and 10, 9% from the US.

The average tourist spent:

Europeans US$ 1753.

Americans (US) US$ 1587.

South-American US$ 659.

The big spenders are the Swiss, US$ 2015, followed by the Italians, US$ 2008.

http://www.turismo.gov.br/turismo/noticias/todas_noticias/20121017-2.html

I don't know about the sex tourism, but it has propably fallen. That's good. Otherwise the bunda-price would have increased even more.

The sex tourists who go to brazil only makes out a tiny fraction of all the foreign tourism.Americans only spend 1600 dollars on average? Wow! That is cheap! I think I remember reading that brasilians on average, are the highest spending tourists in America. They spend an average of 5 thousand dollars a person when they vacation in the states.

Golfinho
12-10-12, 21:13
Americans only spend 1600 dollars on average? Wow! That is cheap! I think I remember reading that brasilians on average, are the highest spending tourists in America. They spend an average of 5 thousand dollars a person when they vacation in the states.At Jersey Gardens and Macy's Herald Square, they're spending. Brazilian shopping tour groups swarming these places, travelling to get what they can't get at home and willing to spend for it.

Eric Cartman
12-11-12, 01:35
Don't forget, Brazilians spend a lot when they travel outside Brasil because the cost of buying goods to take home is so much cheaper. That's probably a lot of the "spending" that Brazilian tourists do outside of Brasil.

In-country tourism (brasilians traveling to RJ) is probably not near the levels of spend. There are a lot of 2nd-tier hotels near my apartment in Copa that are always full of Brasilians. Vs. The Copacabana Palaces or Fasanos, which probably are still gringo-centric. And certainly brasilians traveling to RJ are not spending the kind of coin at places like Meia Pataca that cash-flush gringos were back in the day.

Honestly, though, my sense is that most of the hottest girls have "followed the money" and gone to SP. We were in Scandallo the other night and it was PACKED with girls. Sure they were mainly 6s / 7s at best, but there were a few hotties. Or alternatively they have "followed the money" and gone into some sort of actual business. I know 2 forma Termas girls who have taken that route. One works for minimum wage in a fashion store, and the other opened her own small salon near Bangu. The economy booming has allowed such things (though it is starting to slow down).

In RJ, there seems to be a distinct lack of really cute, new, young girls entering the biz. I attribute it to the 2 factors above, more than the decline of local "sex tourism."

Bravo
12-11-12, 01:59
Don't forget, Brazilians spend a lot when they travel outside Brasil because the cost of buying goods to take home is so much cheaper. That's probably a lot of the "spending" that Brazilian tourists do outside of Brasil.

"I remember a girl showing me a chart on the costs or purchasing an IPAD in the states versus buying it in Brasil.

It was actually cheaper for her to buy 1 plane ticket from Rio to NY. Pay for two night in a hotel and purchase the IPAD. Than it was for her to buy the IPAD in brasil!

I think the cost of flying to ny, staying for the weekend and buying the IPAD was 130Reais cheaper than if she had just bought it in Brasil. That is fucking crazy!

Poucolouco
12-11-12, 02:32
I remember a girl showing me a chart on the costs or purchasing an IPAD in the states versus buying it in Brasil.

It was actually cheaper for her to buy 1 plane ticket from Rio to NY. Pay for two night in a hotel and purchase the IPAD. Than it was for her to buy the IPAD in brasil!

I think the cost of flying to ny, staying for the weekend and buying the IPAD was 130Reais cheaper than if she had just bought it in Brasil. That is fucking crazy!R$ 1. 599, 00 at Amercanas. Com $399 at Walmart. That leaves $370 for that excursion to NY.

http://www.americanas.com.br/produto/111317238/ipad-2-16gb-preto-wi-fi-e-3g-apple

Eric Cartman
12-11-12, 03:19
R$ 1. 599, 00 at Amercanas. Com $399 at Walmart. That leaves $370 for that excursion to NY.

http://www.americanas.com.br/produto/111317238/ipad-2-16gb-preto-wi-fi-e-3g-appleAbout a year to 18 months ago when they first came out, they were like R$2400+ each and the R$ was in the USD$1. 7 range. That's when the chart he's talking about was making the rounds here. Price has come down a lot with time and of course the R$ has lost value relative to the dollar (got R$2. 0895 today buying dollars).

Bravo
12-11-12, 07:20
About a year to 18 months ago when they first came out, they were like R$2400+ each and the R$ was in the USD$1. 7 range. That's when the chart he's talking about was making the rounds here. Price has come down a lot with time and of course the R$ has lost value relative to the dollar (got R$2. 0895 today buying dollars).

Thank you Eric. I guess in order to make a post, I would have to post up the evidence or else face criticism. (When they first came out, I had a doctor who was willing to pay me a little more than 1700 dollars to bring one down for him.)

Auriflama
12-13-12, 07:18
Don't know why you bother to answer to Auriflama. Check his post history. In three years this guy has only managed to fill three pages of questions about Sao Paulo. He will never go there.I don't know why your even on a brazil forum all you do you disrespect everything about brazil and their people. Go to the euro forum crybaby.

The Cane
12-18-12, 04:08
Just finished watching Bourdain in this episode of The Layover in Sao Paolo. Gives you a good feel for the city. Seems manageable if you know what part of the city holds what you want to get into:

http://www.allshowsdaily.com/2012/12/the-layover-season-2-episode-4-sao-paulo.html

Kid Cisco
12-22-12, 11:48
What's up guys? I haven't seen anyone post this yet, but I am in town for a few days working the Stevie Wonder concerts we have two shows this week on Sunday Dec 23 at Imperator Centro Cultural Joao Nogueira and on Dec 25th Christmas day in front of Copacabana Palace at 10:00PM Giberto Gil is due to hit the stage at 8:00pm, get there early there should be over a million people at the show on the beach the crew been hard at work building the stage already.

On a side note I was just here early this month for the Madonna concert I been very busy BUT I will try to do some mongering before I head back to the States this time..lol

Merry Christmas everyone peace.

Kid Cisco

Mangera
12-22-12, 13:10
Just finished watching Bourdain in this episode of The Layover in Sao Paolo. Gives you a good feel for the city. Seems manageable if you know what part of the city holds what you want to get into:

http://www.allshowsdaily.com/2012/12/the-layover-season-2-episode-4-sao-paulo.htmlI actually saw this show on TV when it first aired, and I interesting to see that Love Story was briefly mentioned. I am curious as know know if this place is till going strong or if it has changed, how so? Can anyone give some sort of an update? Thanks

Towelboy2010
12-22-12, 18:21
I am planning to take a small 4 seat plane from Florida with a buddy and island hop the Bahamas for 7 to 10 days.

ISG reports that P4P is virtually non-existent in the Bahamas so I got this idea.

Is it possible to set something up and have a Brazilian chica fly commercially to the Bahamas and spend a week in the Caribbean?

No VISA is necessary, only a passport.

Thanks for any info or help.

Bob

Exec Talent
12-22-12, 19:27
Thanks for the heads up Kid. I will keep an eye out for you. Can't be too many 6'5" guys who look like ex Navy Seals.

Vengo
01-05-13, 21:42
Be careful with any online credit orders, guys. I tried to order Sambodromo tickets from the website of Rio Carnival Services "recommended by Lonely Planet" and the following ensued:

First, they said the card was declined, or was a type of card not up to the latest security standards. Chase bank? I don't think so. So then they recommend filling out a form, mailing it in, with a xerox of the card and of my passport.

No sooner do I comply, than my card is being hit with a spate of large online charges, ranging from $600 to $900 a pop, to a Los Angeles company that sells engineering tools. I strayed across this activity while checking my transactions, called Chase, and they stopped the card. No cost to me but a pain in the ass. I then went to BookersInternational. Com, the tickets were costlier, but they accept paypal, and it's a done deal. I think?

An endorsement of a business by Lonely Planet doesn't seem to mean that much at this point.

Erectus Indicus
01-12-13, 02:20
Be careful with any online credit orders, guys. I tried to order Sambodromo tickets from the website of Rio Carnival Services "recommended by Lonely Planet" and the following ensued:

First, they said the card was declined, or was a type of card not up to the latest security standards. Chase bank? I don't think so. So then they recommend filling out a form, mailing it in, with a xerox of the card and of my passport.

No sooner do I comply, than my card is being hit with a spate of large online charges, ranging from $600 to $900 a pop, to a Los Angeles company that sells engineering tools. I strayed across this activity while checking my transactions, called Chase, and they stopped the card. No cost to me but a pain in the ass. I then went to BookersInternational. Com, the tickets were costlier, but they accept paypal, and it's a done deal. I think?

An endorsement of a business by Lonely Planet doesn't seem to mean that much at this point.Be very wary when giving out your proof of I'd online / over post (such as your passport) , this might not be the end of it if your I'd has been stolen as well.

Jan 156
01-12-13, 06:24
I feel for anyone trying to get carnaval tickets. Of course I'm sure there are reputable agencies selling them abroad (at a price!) but it's a hard road. And even then, I understand you only get a voucher, which you have to exchange when you get to Rio (this may also involve long queues). Since I have always bought in Rio I can't recommend agencies personally. I just recommend getting here early and trying to get the tickets you want. Cheaper, and you actually get the nice holographed, sealed, shiny tickets in your hand and you can go back to your hotel or apartment and relax. Getting carnaval tickets is not simple like buying tickets for a Madonna concert. It's a massive, very highly organised business (although it might not seem that way).

The rules do keep changing, but if you get to Rio and even if it seems that they have 'sold out' they probably have not. What happens, both fairer and to maximise profit, is that they keep so many back and then release them suddenly at maybe only a day or two days' notice. Any travel agent in Copa will promise you tickets when they have officially sold out, but all they are doing is keeping their ear to the ground and then sending a moto into town to pick them up the morning they are released. You can do exactly the same. Listening to media and contacts is one way but just being a bloodhound is sometimes quicker. The official LIESA offices are in Centro, between 4x4 an Vargas, and you go and hassle politely and they will either sell you tickets that are available or whisper when the next lot will be available and where, or tell you to come back. They could be sold at a bank on Rio Branco or at a temporary office outside the Sambodrome. So you get there nice and early and stand in line, maybe an hour before the doors are supposed to open. The great thing about this is that you will usually discover you are paying the rack rate. The higher prices quoted by agencies are to pay for the moto, the admin, for someone else to stand in line, and for their cheek. With tickets sold by agencies well in advance it's a slightly different system but you pay very heavily or the privilege.

Hope this helps.

P. S. The other way to do it is ask a friend already in Rio to get them for you (not me, I'm not going to Carnaval in Rio this year). But do realise it can be a big favour and quite a bit of hassle, so be duly appreciative!

I don't know if this is any help to anyone. I hope so. And working a bit to get the tickets can make you appreciate it even more! Good luck and enjoy carnaval. Or even join up with a school and dance. You won't get to 'see' it but it's a truly amazing experience).

Prosal
01-23-13, 12:53
The stunners in Fortaleza are very rare. The majority are the typical nordestinas, short, overweighted, big squared heads and without necks.
The bad news is that the average Manaus girl isn´t beautiful.For once, Sperto doesn't see Brasil through pink-teinted lens and makes objective statements. Get real guys. It's an enduring myth that in Brasil, the streets are paved with beauties, but the truth is that the ratio of truly good-looking girls is rather low, and actually straight out bad in Amazonas, in Para or in Nordeste.

Jan 156
01-24-13, 04:18
For once, Sperto doesn't see Brasil through pink-teinted lens and makes objective statements. Get real guys. It's an enduring myth that in Brasil, the streets are paved with beauties, but the truth is that the ratio of truly good-looking girls is rather low, and actually straight out bad in Amazonas, in Para or in Nordeste.The difference as I see it is that Sperto makes posts based on recent or current experience. In Brasil generally, I have had many beautiful womenn in Para. I don't know Amazonas, but as an ethnically more isolated region than Para (which is actually quite diverse) , it would make sense and I am not keen on many girls I have met from there personally.

I have never found Sperto's reports rose-tinted. He has a realistic sense on Brasil, but as someone who loves the country, as I do myself.

Mr Enternational
01-24-13, 04:49
For once, Sperto doesn't see Brasil through pink-teinted lens and makes objective statements. Get real guys. It's an enduring myth that in Brasil, the streets are paved with beauties, but the truth is that the ratio of truly good-looking girls is rather low, and actually straight out bad in Amazonas, in Para or in Nordeste.For once in my life I will have to agree with Prosal. In the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo the streets are paved with beauties. But once you get out of those areas you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I mean of course everyone in the other areas is not dog ugly, but most you would not give a second look to and you will be lucky to see maybe 2 beauties / day.

**Disclaimer: I have only been to Rio (various cities), Sao Paulo (various cities), Florianopolis, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Goiania, Manaus, Recife, and Fortaleza. So my limited experience is from only those places.

Prosal
01-24-13, 09:09
I don't know Amazonas, but as an ethnically more isolated region than Para .Hmm. You "love the country" but you lack of the basic knowledge about it obviously. Manaus is anything but "isolated". Because of its Free Trade Zone, it's the second city in Brasil, behind Sao Paulo, that attracts the more migrants. The reason why Manaus is so stretched is because the population, between the 70s and now, has increased from 300 000 to almost 2 millions, and is still increasing now.

Prosal
01-24-13, 09:27
In the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo the streets are paved with beauties.Not so, if by "beauty" you mean "James Bond girl" level. On a Sunday afternoon on the beach in Copacabana, you see mostly obese or overweight girls. Female population is admittedly better-looking in Ipanema, but contrarily to the myth, there is nothing to rave about.

Jan 156
01-24-13, 17:17
Maybe 'paved with beauties' is a bit extreme perhaps; but certainly there's no shortage of beauties in RJ or in SP. The harder part is finding them outside the non-pro scene, but not that hard, especially given the vast numbers of p4p available. In other cities it's harder work admittedly. I can't say I know many of the popular places; but I've had a reasonable share in Belo, a lot (pro and non-pro) in Belem, which seems to be a lucky place for me, and I've seen a reasonable number in Sao Luis though nearly all non-pros. Other people have different experiences. I don't know that the James Bond girls particlarly haunt beaches in Ipanema any more and certainly not in Copa agreed. I said already I think that I don't know Manaus and don't have any great wish to go there. It is not isolated commercially. But I really don't care to get into an argument with you Prosal - my fault for answering. You will probably get abusive any minute now so I'll leave you to yours and hope you enjoy yourself wherever you punt these days.

Mr Enternational
01-27-13, 18:05
From CNN:

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 6:37 am.

A fire swept through a nightclub in southern Brazil, killing at least 90 people early Sunday, officials said.

The fire started around 2 a. M. At the Kiss nightclub in the city of Santa Maria. Firefighters were still pulling out bodies, and Col. Adilomar Silva, the regional coordinator of civil defense, expected the death toll to climb.

Officials could not immediately say what caused the fire.

A Brazilian nightclub where hundreds died in a fire Sunday was about 1, 000 people over capacity at the time of the blaze, a fire official said.

"When I arrived, we analyzed the preliminary scene and saw that there was a 1, 000 maximum capacity but we understood there were about 2, 000 there," said Guido de Melo, a fire official.

The fire killed at least 245 people, many of whom apparently died from smoke inhalation, police said.

RexG
01-27-13, 18:42
From CNN:

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 6:37 am.

A fire swept through a nightclub in southern Brazil, killing at least 90 people early Sunday, officials said.

The fire started around 2 am At the Kiss nightclub in the city of Santa Maria. Firefighters were still pulling out bodies, and Col. Adilomar Silva, the regional coordinator of civil defense, expected the death toll to climb.

Officials could not immediately say what caused the fire.

A Brazilian nightclub where hundreds died in a fire Sunday was about 1, 000 people over capacity at the time of the blaze, a fire official said.

"When I arrived, we analyzed the preliminary scene and saw that there was a 1, 000 maximum capacity but we understood there were about 2, 000 there," said Guido de Melo, a fire official.

The fire killed at least 245 people, many of whom apparently died from smoke inhalation, police said.I have sometimes thought that a fire in one of our favorite Rio termas would be similarly tragic. Best not to think about it I suppose.

The Cane
01-27-13, 23:17
I have sometimes thought that a fire in one of our favorite Rio termas would be similarly tragic. Best not to think about it I suppose.I've pondered the very same thing. Like, how fast could I get out of Termas 65 or something if there was a fire? And what if you have to get out with just your robe on? Well, better ashamed outside on the street but alive than unashamed inside the terma but dead. And what if they try to prevent you from leaving until you've payed, like Sperto's post alleges to have happened here?

The Cane
01-27-13, 23:21
Any updates on Club Florida? I've never been, and I've heard it's a dirty, disgusting place, but with some gems to be found there nevertheless. I'm interested in going to see it for myself some day. Is it still alive and kicking? Haven't seen any mention of it for some time now. Puta Playa used to write about it. Come to think of it, haven't heard from Puta Playa in ages either.

HelpRules
01-29-13, 06:00
We had this discussion before about a fire at 4x4. There is no way out, if you are in the room upstairs. That is a long ass walk down a couple spiraling staircases to get to the one exit at the bottom. I try not to think about it when I am there, but I know we are toast, if a fire broke out and you are not near the exit. If you are going to go I guess 4x4 being your last night is better than being tortured by Ted Bundy.

The Cane
02-08-13, 00:34
Rio is perceived to be the happiest place in the world. I do tend to feel rather happy when I'm there!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/worlds-happiest-cities_n_2624787.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Prosal
03-18-13, 22:07
Rio is perceived to be the happiest place in the world. I do tend to feel rather happy when I'm there!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/worlds-happiest-cities_n_2624787.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopularRio being the 12th most expensive city in the world (and the most expensive in the Americas) , I don't how people living there can be "happy", a forciori by considering the average salary.

Prosal
03-18-13, 22:28
As a side note, the price of a bus ticket (2.75 reals) is 600% more expensive in Rio than in Minsk, and a taxi ride some 400% more expensive than in Tashkent.

Manoon
03-19-13, 13:15
As a side note, the price of a bus ticket (2.75 reals) is 600% more expensive in Rio than in Minsk, and a taxi ride some 400% more expensive than in Tashkent.Also foods in Brazil cost almost allways double price compare to Turkey. You can buy 2 coke in Turkey for the price of 1 coke in Brazil. And if the coke is in refrigeretor its price tripled in brazil. The potato chips is also cost tripled more. Brazil has very expensive cost of living in indeed.

Mangera
03-26-13, 13:07
RECRUIT ME! :)

Good read.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/25/3306268/brazil-is-in-the-market-for-immigrants.html

Spidy
04-04-13, 00:27
Take a look at the changing face of the Catholic religion in Brazil.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows / The+National / About+the+Show / Adrienne+Arsenault / I'd / 2342489691/

After viewing the piece, I wonder if they are celebrating God and religion or simply waking up to the exploitations of the church and embracing a more opportunistic kind of religion, . Evangelical capitalism.

Kcrl01
04-04-13, 22:53
We had this discussion before about a fire at 4x4. There is no way out, if you are in the room upstairs. That is a long ass walk down a couple spiraling staircases to get to the one exit at the bottom. I try not to think about it when I am there, but I know we are toast, if a fire broke out and you are not near the exit. If you are going to go I guess 4x4 being your last night is better than being tortured by Ted Bundy.If you do happen to get caught in a fire at 4x4, you don't have to pay the cover charge on the way out!

Sperto
04-05-13, 17:16
Sometimes it makes me wonder about the PM's I receive. I get quite a few PM's asking for contact info to regular non-pro-girls in Brazil. I'm happy to share mongering info, to a certain limit. But why on earth would I share my non-pro's with somebody I don't know and have never met? The question gets extra peculiar when it comes from members with something like 2-3 posts on the forum. I have hooked up a lot of my buddies with friends to my GF's, but that's a different case.

Do these guys expect that I will call one of my non-pro GF's and say "Hi Fulana. Is it OK if I give your contact info to a guy from a prostitution forum? I have no idea who he is, how he looks like, if he's old, fat or a pervo."

Bravo
04-05-13, 18:22
Do these guys expect that I will call one of my non-pro GF's and say "Hi Fulana. Is it OK if I give your contact info to a guy from a prostitution forum? I have no idea who he is, how he looks like, if he's old, fat or a pervo."Hey Sperto! Us old, fat, ugly, pervs need luv too! Don't be so stingy! LOL!

Prosal
04-06-13, 08:49
Talking about the tourist rapped in Rio.

According WHO, Brasil is in the Top 10 (7th place) of the countries with the highest rates of violence towards women (which includes murder, sexual assault, stalking, violence in intimate relationships, and other violations of women's bodies and psyches).

When you scratch a bit the surface, you realise that Brasil is not the carefree paradise filled with nice people that some daydreamers promote here.

Perkele
04-07-13, 21:12
Talking about the tourist rapped in Rio.

According WHO, Brasil is in the Top 10 (7th place) of the countries with the highest rates of violence towards women (which includes murder, sexual assault, stalking, violence in intimate relationships, and other violations of women's bodies and psyches).

When you scratch a bit the surface, you realise that Brasil is not the carefree paradise filled with nice people that some daydreamers promote here.You are quite right. Especially Rio de Janeiro is going down the toilet. It's not enough that inflation is running practically out of control, rising prices to ridiculous levels the violence is also rising. Some fools believe that the favelas are being pacified. Well, Rio is welcoming all fat, rich gringo fools to soccer world cup and olympics. At least the criminals will make a good profit.

Mangera
04-07-13, 22:50
Interesting info. and great stats guys, but when its all said and done........Tons of tourists will continue to flock down for the upcomimg events. Life goes on.

BootyTapper
04-08-13, 01:59
If you do happen to get caught in a fire at 4x4, you don't have to pay the cover charge on the way out!This is always something I thought about in Rio especially after the Los Lobos dance club fire in Mexico City and always going to HELP. I remember distinctly after that fire, I was in Rio about a month or two later and I was more aware of the entrances for HELP. Add to that I even stopped hanging out on the 2nd floor balcony that I used to love to go to for more private time with GDP's, at that time it was one way up and down from that area till they built the stairs on both sides down to the stage. The main floor bar close to the.

Door became my hang out spot, especially if I made the trip solo without the fellas. I finally tried 4x4 last December after never being there but hitting a lot of GDP's that worked there, but came to HELP after work. I remembered as I walked upstairs and noticed that in case of emergency over 100+ people will try to get down those same stairs it made me a little nervous, but after seeing a nice big round bunda walk by all fears were gone. I was here on a bombing mission and it was a damn good one also. LOL!

Sperto
04-20-13, 16:33
If somebody is interested in brazilian music.
Latest hit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTyiO3taZU
Very nice!

Prosal
04-20-13, 18:28
If somebody is interested in brazilian music.

Latest hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTyiO3taZU

Very nice!What a shitty music. I seriously doubt that it is a hit among progressive brasilians. It's music for burros.

Prosal
04-20-13, 18:36
If somebody is interested in brazilian music.Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s167CtQfplA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdZvHHJZdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJYLrXerHCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtUhmLD0Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK88geNsUmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smwj7ISnwXM

Exec Talent
04-23-13, 01:50
Are any of you nice Australian gents coming to Brazil in the next month or so.

I have a little favor to ask and am happy to help you out in one of many ways.

Please PM me for details.

Thanks,

Exec

Vitrea
04-25-13, 06:59
What a shitty music. I seriously doubt that it is a hit among progressive brasilians. It's music for burros.I hope you are joking! I enjoyed the link posted by Sperto and it is not shitty by any means. I also liked couple of clips you posted as well but they are of completely different genre. I think it is unfair to compare music of different genres.

Prosal
04-25-13, 14:51
I hope you are joking!In fact, not, I wasn't joking. You are right, when it comes to music, as to most other things, to each its own, but you have to keep in mind that this type of music (as axe, pagode, ect for that matter) is solely listened by the lowest and most dumb-ass class of the population. Say to a cosmopolitan paulista that you like this style of music, and at best, she will lightly smile with indulgence, and at worst, she will take you for a dumb gringo with no taste and no cultural awareness. There is the equivalent of those cheap and silly musics for the dumb masses everywhere in the world, as dangdut in Indonesia per exemple (google it if you are interested).

If you want to really impress a smart and educated brasileira with progressive tastes, tell per exemple that one of your favorite brasilian song is "Faroeste Cabloco" (a 9 mnts masterpiece) , and sing her one or two sentences that you know from the lyrics (which are simply genious). It's not a direct ticket to her panties of course, but she will be really really impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKExOneYqs

Prosal
04-25-13, 14:57
As a side note, translate the (silly) lyrics of this "Louca Louquinha" song, and you will see the intellectual level of the people who can enjoy it.

Eric Cartman
04-26-13, 01:32
As a side note, translate the (silly) lyrics of this "Louca Louquinha" song, and you will see the intellectual level of the people who can enjoy it.The chick at Red Light Club last night was saying how she doesn't like pagode because it's always some dude whining about bad shit that's happened to him. Kind of like the Blues I guess haha. I was translating the Funk lyrics blasting from the stereo for patamarbeleza. "sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit on my dick and make me come!" lmao!

Jan 156
04-29-13, 05:21
In fact, not, I wasn't joking. You are right, when it comes to music, as to most other things, to each its own, but you have to keep in mind that this type of musica(as axe, pagode, ect for that matter) is solely listened by the lowest and most dumb-ass class of the population. Say to a cosmopolitan paulista that you like this style of music, and at best, she will lightly smile with indulgence, and at worst, she will take you for a dumb gringo with no taste and no cultural awareness. There is the equivalent of those cheap and silly musics for the dumb masses everywhere in the world, as dangdut in Indonesia per exemple (google it if you are interested).

If you want to really impress a smart and educated brasileira with progressive tastes, tell per exemple that one of your favorite brasilian song is "Faroeste Cabloco" (a 9 mnts masterpiece) , and sing her one or two sentences that you know from the lyrics (which are simply genious). It's not a direct ticket to her panties of course, but she will be really really impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKExOneYqsThat opinion might hold some weight but it is far from universally true, and there are some pretty trendy Axe artists for instance. As you might know if you were spending a little more time with the more educated and sophisticated paulistanas (paulistanas, rather than paulistas. I'm a bit surprised that slipped by you Prosal).

Prosal
04-29-13, 11:59
(paulistanas, rather than paulistas. I'm a bit surprised that slipped by you Prosal).You are right, people from the city of Sao Paulo are known as paulistanos / nas, but I more widely talked about the paulistas, which designates anyone from the surrounding state, including the paulistanos (stick out tongue emoticon).

Jan 156
04-29-13, 20:40
You are right, people from the city of Sao Paulo are known as paulistanos / nas, but I more widely talked about the paulistas, which designates anyone from the surrounding state, including the paulistanos (stick out tongue emoticon).Mmmm yes, I can think of about two places in the state where people are cosmopolitan apart from in São Paulo itself. Mostly it's because they've moved out for holiday or work. And half the time they're listening to English-language pop (emoticon back). You can, however, get a greater amount of Brasilian and cosmopolitan culture all-round in SP. Money, education, opportunity and exposure probably being the cause.

Prosal
04-30-13, 09:09
And half the time they're listening to English-language pop (emoticon back).FYI the most important annual brasilian pop / rock festival, the Jao Rock, occurs in Ribeiro Preto. I've been there only once (and saw Skank, Charlie Brown Jr, Capital Inicial, ect) but from what I know 90% of the bands performing are brasilian. Thanks to this festival, Ribeirao Preto is known as the "Capital anual do Pop Rock Brasileiro".

Prosal
04-30-13, 09:21
Mostly it's because they've moved out for holiday or work. And half the time they're listening to English-language pop (emoticon back).BTW you must have made very serious and elaborate surveys to make such peremptory statements (rolleyes emoticon).

http://studentresearch.ucsd.edu/sriweb/Presentations/PlanningYourSurvey.pdf

Jan 156
05-01-13, 04:25
BTW you must have made very serious and elaborate surveys to make such peremptory statements (rolleyes emoticon).

http://studentresearch.ucsd.edu/sriweb/Presentations/PlanningYourSurvey.pdfNever seen it. Just speaking from personal experience of going to slightly classier places in the state with well-to-do Paulistana (o) s and seeing what people listen to in their homes. But it's hardly a tit-for-tat and a waste of space on the board really.

Eric Cartman
05-14-13, 01:46
The newsstand near my office just raised the price of Pe De Moleke (peanut brittle) from $1. 00 to R$1. 20. 20%

The Cane
05-14-13, 02:54
The newsstand near my office just raised the price of Pe De Moleke (peanut brittle) from $1. 00 to R$1. 20. 20%Thanks for that late-breaking bit of economic news. Time to go re-balance my portfolio LOL!

Sperto
05-14-13, 05:56
The newsstand near my office just raised the price of Pe De Moleke (peanut brittle) from $1. 00 to R$1. 20. 20%
There is a solution.
Go to Central. Two blocks down there is a street, Rua Senador Pompeu (?) (close to the teleférico station being built up in the favela Morro da Providência). On this street there are a bunch of big stores doing wholesales of sweets. Lots of camelôs, shopowners, common people and the guys selling sweets on the buses do their purchases there. I went there a couple of times, buying sweets to give to my GF's sobrinhos. Btw, the area is a bit rough. There also GP's hanging in the area, really ugly SWs.

I bought chocolate baton and paçoquita. When buying a big pack the price was about R$0,30 each. I think pe de moleke was about the same price.

Exec Talent
05-14-13, 11:56
There is a solution.

Go to Central. Two blocks down there is a street, Rua Senador Pompeu (?) (close to the teleférico station being built up in the favela Morro the Providência). On this street there are a bunch of big stores doing wholesales of sweets. Lots of camelôs, shopowners, common people and the guys selling sweets on the buses do their purchases there. I went there a couple of times, buying sweets to give to my GF's sobrinhos. BTW, the area is a bit rough. There also GP's hanging in the area, really ugly SWs.

I bought chocolate baton and paçoquita. When buying a big pack the price was about R$0, 30 each. I think pe de moleke was about the same price.Damn Sperto. Now not only are all the Gringos going to be overrunning the prives, but also wholesale markets. Is nothing sacred anymore? People are going to find out that the baseball cap they bought for R$15 in Copa actually can be purchased in Centro for R$6.

Eric Cartman
05-17-13, 02:17
There is a solution.

Go to Central. Two blocks down there is a street, Rua Senador Pompeu (?) (close to the teleférico station being built up in the favela Morro the Providência). On this street there are a bunch of big stores doing wholesales of sweets. Lots of camelôs, shopowners, common people and the guys selling sweets on the buses do their purchases there. I went there a couple of times, buying sweets to give to my GF's sobrinhos. BTW, the area is a bit rough. There also GP's hanging in the area, really ugly SWs.

I bought chocolate baton and paçoquita. When buying a big pack the price was about R$0, 30 each. I think pe de moleke was about the same price.Advance planning! Love it.

Mr Enternational
05-29-13, 11:39
For those who talk about bringing things to Brazil to sell, Customs don't play that...

http://g1.globo.com/jornal-da-globo/videos/t/edicoes/v/comissarios-de-bordo-americanos-sao-presos-em-sao-paulo-com-contrabando-na-cueca/2601881/

Two American Airlines flight attendants got busted trying to bring in 14 iphones, 4 ipads, 1 laptop, video games, and watches from Miami without declaring it. And now they want to know who the stuff was going to as well.

Bravo
05-29-13, 17:39
For those who talk about bringing things to Brazil to sell, Customs don't play that.

http://g1.globo.com/jornal-da-globo/videos/t/edicoes/v/comissarios-de-bordo-americanos-sao-presos-em-sao-paulo-com-contrabando-na-cueca/2601881/

Two American Airlines flight attendants got busted trying to bring in 14 iphones. 4 ipads. 1 laptop, video games, and watches from Miami without declaring it. And now they want to know who the stuff was going to as well.14 iphones and 4 ipads? Damn! They were trying to get PAID! They would have made a killing if they could have found brasilians who were willing to pay for the stuff.

The concept of selling things in Rio is great, actually making it happen, is a whole nother story. Once a brasilian knows that you have the item in Rio and you really don't want to have to take it back to the states with you, they will try to bend you over. Now instead of paying you 1000 dollars for that Iphone that you agreed upon, they will offer the price that you paid for it.

Mangera
05-29-13, 22:04
14 iphones and 4 ipads? Damn! They were trying to get PAID! They would have made a killing if they could have found brasilians who were willing to pay for the stuff.

The concept of selling things in Rio is great, actually making it happen, is a whole nother story. Once a brasilian knows that you have the item in Rio and you really don't want to have to take it back to the states with you, they will try to bend you over. Now instead of paying you 1000 dollars for that Iphone that you agreed upon, they will offer the price that you paid for it.I have my brazilian friends sell the stuff for me, and I give them a commission. Has worked pretty good. However, I am not heavily into buying stuff at home and selling it in brazil. Its just every once in a while type of thing. I take things out of the package, and I try not to bring multiples of the same item. Use some common sense people.

The Cane
06-02-13, 14:12
www.bloomberg.com/video/brazil-is-at-a-crossroads-the-real-brazil-05-23-hrmkmy23TtG6fbIurf~_iw.html

Oh, and Trish Regan is really hot LOL!

Kid Cisco
06-03-13, 05:31
www.bloomberg.com/video/brazil-is-at-a-crossroads-the-real-brazil-05-23-hrmkmy23TtG6fbIurf~_iw.html

Oh, and Trish Regan is really hot LOL!Thanks for the link Cane very interesting I think with more and more people becoming middle class there will be less and less dimes that will be willing to get into the "selling ass game" of course there will be chicks BUT over the years what use to be consider dimes back in the day now are 6 or 7's at best. Also many girls are getting married now and getting out of the game BUT like I found out a year ago being married don't stop all of them from working one chick even had her husband drive her over to my place with a plate of Frango / chicken she work at Cancun I was fucking her hard in her ass saying do your husband hit it like this LOL

Kid Cisco

Mangera
06-03-13, 12:19

Oh, and Trish Regan is really hot LOL!I look at reports such as this one, I get a bitter / sweet feeling about the changes. Obviously, progress has been made in several facets of the community (Even though, they still have a long way to go) , but I see certain things losing its authenticity. What makes Rio Rio. For example, just on a superficial level. The kiosks at the beach have been replaced with new state of the art structures. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic. But its not the vintage look or feel. Or plainly."simple". In other words, many things are getting commercialized. And there is a price that comes with that. Certain aspects of the culture are lost when there is change like this one. But I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Even though the previous example is nothing too harsh, there are other complex one's. The changes have already been taking place in the last few years. Again, nothing wrong with change, but there are some great vintage things that are lost in the transition and process. From the prices going way up (food, rent, T & A, transportation, changes in attitudes, etc.) , and other factors that make Rio a historic place, even with all of its baggage.

I never had the opportunity of visiting brazil during 80's and 90's, but I can sure appreciate the wonderful things it had to offer. Despite its bad qualities. Every place on this planet has good and bad qualities, so that is just part of the deal. I get the impression that most people back in the day were not as concerned about things such as retirement, and more happy and concerned about what they had now. And if it was a place to meet with friends / family, music, dancing, food, and a drink in hand. All was good. Then again, that makes sense. Life of a Carioca :)

Jan 156
06-04-13, 01:58
I look at reports such as this one, I get a bitter / sweet feeling about the changes. Obviously, progress has been made in several facets of the community (Even though, they still have a long way to go) , but I see certain things losing its authenticity. What makes Rio Rio. For example, just on a superficial level. The kiosks at the beach have been replaced with new state of the art structures. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic. But its not the vintage look or feel. Or plainly."simple". In other words, many things are getting commercialized. And there is a price that comes with that. Certain aspects of the culture are lost when there is change like this one. But I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Even though the previous example is nothing too harsh, there are other complex one's. The changes have already been taking place in the last few years. Again, nothing wrong with change, but there are some great vintage things that are lost in the transition and process. From the prices going way up (food, rent, T & A, transportation, changes in attitudes, etc.) , and other factors that make Rio a historic place, even with all of its baggage.

I never had the opportunity of visiting brazil during 80's and 90's, but I can sure appreciate the wonderful things it had to offer. Despite its bad qualities. Every place on this planet has good and bad qualities, so that is just part of the deal. I get the impression that most people back in the day were not as concerned about things such as retirement, and more happy and concerned about what they had now. And if it was a place to meet with friends / family, music, dancing, food, and a drink in hand. All was good. Then again, that makes sense. Life of a Carioca.I couldn't agree more. Much of the direction Brasil aspires to is concentrated in Sao Paulo, an intensity to embrace the new, to 'compete' with places like New York. Yet the subtext (at least my reading of it) is the economic and cultural occupation of Americanism. One can't deny Brasil its future. I just hope it will be uniquely Brasilian and, amid all the modernisation, not lose its essences. Not only in physical things and way of life, but in the unique Brasilian way of doing business, of finding a way round things to make things work, of communicating on a uniquely human level before going into the small print and hard bargaining. I even go so far as to see this symbolised in things like the music, the dance, but maybe that's just me.

Mr Enternational
06-04-13, 03:59
I couldn't agree more. Much of the direction Brasil aspires to is concentrated in Sao Paulo, an intensity to embrace the new, to 'compete' with places like New York. Yet the subtext (at least my reading of it) is the economic and cultural occupation of Americanism. One can't deny Brasil its future. I just hope it will be uniquely Brasilian and, amid all the modernisation, not lose its essences.The reason I don't do resorts is because I don't want to go to some far off land just to be surrounded by people and things like back home. If I wanted that then I would just stay home. I like to experience the differences.

Mangera
06-04-13, 04:15
The reason I don't do resorts is because I don't want to go to some far off land just to be surrounded by people and things like back home. If I wanted that then I would just stay home. I like to experience the differences.Experience them and appreciate them.

The Cane
06-06-13, 09:52
Controversial campaign ahead of the World Cup. Why don't they just let it (prostitution) alone and let it be? By trying to address it they just blundered. It's legal, so just leave it alone!

http://www.examiner.com/article/happy-prostitute-ads-pulled-brazil-after-public-backlash

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22777499

Op Ed:

http://www.inquisitr.com/688936/happy-prostitute-ads-brazil-makes-right-choice-by-removing-campaign-op-ed/

Auriflama
06-06-13, 20:39
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/index.html

Nice little tournament and the title game is in Rio.

Also 2 games in Rio, Belo, Salvador, Recife, Brasilia and Fortaleza.

Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, Spain, Italy, Japan, Uruaguay, Tahiti

Spidy
06-10-13, 22:51
I've just been told, that apparently it's getting harder and harder to find a pharmacist/drogaria in Copa (and possibly the rest of Rio), that will sell you pills, without a prescription.

I am looking to stock-up on my reserves of Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, next time I'm in Rio. Does anyone know of a pharmacists/drogaria in Copa (or out of Copa) not needing a prescription?

Poucolouco
06-11-13, 00:29
I've just been told, that apparently it's getting harder and harder to find a pharmacist / drogaria in Copa (and possibly the rest of Rio) , that will sell you pills, without a prescription.

I am looking to stock-up on my reserves of Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, next time I'm in Rio. Does anyone know of a pharmacists / drogaria in Copa (or out of Copa) not needing a prescription?Try Farmacia do Leme on the corner of Ave Prado Jr and Rua Ministro Viveiros de Castro (across the street from Barbarellas.) They serve a lot of GDPs and are more likely to be flexible on script requirements.

WhyAlone
06-11-13, 03:08
I have found a lot of earlier discussion on gf-friendly policy of Atlantico Copacabana hotel. Does anyone has any recent info? Rio seems changing fast.

Auriflama
06-13-13, 20:31
[Link(s) to Photo(s) on other sites deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The links originally included with this report were deleted in accordance with the Forum's Posting Guidelines prohibiting the posting of links to photos stored on other sites.

If you have photos you would like to share with the forum membership, then please post them here.

Please read the Forum's Photo Guidelines (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-forumrules.php#photoguidelines) for further information.

Rahsta
06-14-13, 18:09
I was at Via Show in September of last year and I saw people going up to these two guys and kissing their hand. They look like Brazilian gangsters because they had the chains around their neck. 4 bottles of Grey goose but they were dress regular.

I was in VM a few days later and an older guy started talking to me and I believe praising how strong I stand and serious I look. He did the face jesture and said serio.

He put out his hand and I shook it, but he kiss my hand. I also saw it in the movie "City of Men" a few days ago.

I guess the kiss on the hand is a type of term of endearment.

Can someone let me know? Thanks

Sperto
06-14-13, 18:16
I was at Via Show in September of last year and I saw people going up to these two guys and kissing their hand. They look like Brazilian gangsters because they had the chains around their neck. 4 bottles of Grey goose but they were dress regular.
I was in VM a few days later and an older guy started talking to me and I believe praising how strong I stand and serious I look. He did the face jesture and said serio.
He put out his hand and I shook it, but he kiss my hand. I also saw it in the movie "City of Men" a few days ago.
I guess the kiss on the hand is a type of term of endearment.
Can someone let me know? Thanks
A man kissing the hand of another man in Brazil is a sign of respect. They might do it to e.g a gangster boss or a pai-de-santo/macumbeiro.

Rahsta
06-15-13, 03:18
A man kissing the hand of another man in Brazil is a sign of respect. They might do it to e.g a gangster boss or a pai-de-santo/macumbeiro.Ok, thanks. I hope that man in VM didn't think I was a gangster.

Pelicano
06-17-13, 13:30
Word on the streets is that more protests are scheduled for today in most major cities.

Avoid any aglomerations in centro areas and fotball stadiums. Belo Horizonte seems to be calm so far.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/14/world/americas/brazil-fare-protests/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22925078

Bravo
06-18-13, 21:42
What are these protests all about? What are they so upset over?

Helpmann
06-18-13, 22:46
What are these protests all about? What are they so upset over?1) Cost of living increases

2) Sluggish economy

3) All the money being spent on the World Cup and not public services (transportation, schools, hospitals...)

Exec Talent
06-18-13, 23:28
1) Cost of living increases.

2) Sluggish economy.

3) All the money being spent on the World Cup and not public services (transportation, schools, hospitals.) Mostly the protesters are opportunists. They know that they eyes of world are on Brazil and they are using the media attention to their advantage.

The gap between government salaries and benefits and the minimum salary is huge. The protesters want the world to know that politicians are getting rich off the preparations for the World Cup and Olympics all the while the average guy is paying more for housing, food and transportation. Inflation hits the poor especially hard. Right now there are a lot of construction jobs. What happens when they end?

Bravo
06-19-13, 01:00

2) Sluggish economy.

3) All the money being spent on the World Cup and not public services (transportation, schools, hospitals.) After watching so many financial shows about what happens to the city's economy after hosting the Olympics, I couldn't understand why Rio was so excited to win the games. The money that is spent is horrendous and then the city has no need for all the new venues that they built for the games.

Eric Cartman
06-19-13, 01:35

2) Sluggish economy.

3) All the money being spent on the World Cup and not public services (transportation, schools, hospitals.) Most of the Brazilians I talk to here say that while the protests have their root in the items above, the exaggerated gatherings and violence are being promoted / organized by the opposition political party to discredit Dilma's government. The Brazilians I talk to criticize the violence, but sympathize more with shops that are vandalized ("think of the poor shopkeeper who works all day and now has to try to fix the damage") vs. The banks that are vandalized ("well, they have insurance"). Still they are critical of the people taking advantage of the situation to steal and cause damage.

There also is a bit of "what an entitled gringo you are" if you express a sentiment saying that the bus price hike (R$0. 20 per ride) doesn't seem that high. Which may be true, as I suppose if you ride 1-2 buses every day to and from work, you're up to maybe just under R$1. 00 per day or R$30 per month, which is hitting some people in their budgets. Keep that in mind next time some skank at Balcony tries to justify R$400 or asks an extra R$50 for "cab money."

Helpmann
06-19-13, 02:49

2) Sluggish economy.

3) All the money being spent on the World Cup and not public services (transportation, schools, hospitals.) The protests in Brazil seem inline with the current protests in Turkey and the occupy Wall Street protests in the US, where you see primarily the young and middle class in the streets.

People do not appear to be upset because they cannot feed their families, because the price of bread and rice is too high, like during the Arab spring. People appear to be frustrated that they cannot consume as much as they did two years ago.

Nevertheless, GDP growth in Brazil was just 1% last year compared to Peru and Colombia, which had near 7% and 6%, respectively in 2012. Also, the real has depreciated to the dollar by about 30% over the last two years.

-Helpmann :)

Mr Enternational
06-19-13, 03:36
There also is a bit of "what an entitled gringo you are" if you express a sentiment saying that the bus price hike (R$0. 20 per ride) doesn't seem that high. Which may be true, as I suppose if you ride 1-2 buses every day to and from work, you're up to maybe just under R$1. 00 per day or R$30 per month, which is hitting some people in their budgets.While I was caught up in the shit in Sao Paulo this past weekend my girl who came down from Belo Horizonte explained to me that just as the place of work has to cover lunch, they also have to cover most of the bus fare. She said that of the 20 cent that it is going up, the worker only has to pay 6 cent of it. She is 40 and a university student and seemed to think the whole protest thing is bullshit.

Mr Enternational
06-19-13, 03:40
After watching so many financial shows about what happens to the city's economy after hosting the Olympics, I couldn't understand why Rio was so excited to win the games. The money that is spent is horrendous and then the city has no need for all the new venues that they built for the games.At least here in Atlanta they were smart enough to build most of the different venues at the many colleges and universities that we have. That made it well worth the price of admission because all the schools got something new and the venues did not go to waste afterwards. The tennis stadium was not attached to a school and 17 years later it doesn't get any use at all (still looks brand new though).

Sperto
06-19-13, 05:25
I was surprised that there seems to be so few "typical poor guys" (black people and nordestinos) in the protests. It seems like the majority are white. A mixture of Patricinhas, Mauricinhos, students, maconheiros, hippies, veados, communists and plain troublemakers.

Perkele
06-19-13, 16:09
I was surprised that there seems to be so few "typical poor guys" (black people and nordestinos) in the protests. It seems like the majority are white. A mixture of Patricinhas, Mauricinhos, students, maconheiros, hippies, veados, communists and plain troublemakers.Why?

Poor do not protest when they get all the "support". There are all kinds of financial aids: Bolsa familia, bolsa cracudo, bolsa puta, bolsa this and bolsa that. Even the convicts family gets more money than an honest worker. So you won't see the poor in the barricades. And the show goes on.

Prosal
06-19-13, 17:01
I was surprised that there seems to be so few "typical poor guys" (black people and nordestinos) in the protests. It seems like the majority are white. A mixture of Patricinhas, Mauricinhos, students, maconheiros, hippies, veados, communists and plain troublemakers.What happens in Brasil, Turkey, etc. Is exactly what happened in USA, France, Italy, ect in 1968. The middle-class 18-29 yo population is demographically the most important part of the population. They require more rights, freedom, less corruption etc.

Eric Cartman
06-20-13, 02:14
While I was caught up in the shit in Sao Paulo this past weekend my girl who came down from Belo Horizonte explained to me that just as the place of work has to cover lunch, they also have to cover most of the bus fare. She said that of the 20 cent that it is going up, the worker only has to pay 6 cent of it. She is 40 and a university student and seemed to think the whole protest thing is bullshit.You get a flat % deduction of your salary, might be 6% or 7, and then the employer has to cover the full cost of your daily transport.

So if you make, say, R$1000 per month but have R$20 / day (R$10 each way) of buses / ferries / etc, you come out ahead.

Deduction: R$70 deducted from your paycheck (7%)

Employer VT: R$20 * 20 work days / mo (or whatever) = $400 in Vale Transporte (the transport benefit)

It breaks down when you earn a high salary, which is why nobody making, say, more than R$5000 per month takes the VT benefit.

However when I ran this logic past my Brazilian friends, they all said that the deduction will go up to compensate for the increased benefit (due to increased fares) to the end user / worker. So it's not like the companies will eat 100% of the increase.

Golfinho
06-20-13, 02:24
Why?

Poor do not protest when they get all the "support". There are all kinds of financial aids: Bolsa familia, bolsa cracudo, bolsa puta, bolsa this and bolsa that. Even the convicts family gets more money than an honest worker. So you won't see the poor in the barricades. And the show goes on.Just like in America, where they know how to buy off the poor: the dregs who come from nothing, no talent, no education, no future but they can sign up to the poor mans' college, be military enlistees. Tools suckin' tit, they get bought off and can go to poor countries strut around like little kings even though they are nothing in their home country.

Poucolouco
06-20-13, 02:58
You get a flat % deduction of your salary, might be 6% or 7, and then the employer has to cover the full cost of your daily transport.

So if you make, say, R$1000 per month but have R$20 / day (R$10 each way) of buses / ferries / etc, you come out ahead.

Deduction: R$70 deducted from your paycheck (7%)

Employer VT: R$20 * 20 work days / mo (or whatever) = $400 in Vale Transporte (the transport benefit)

It breaks down when you earn a high salary, which is why nobody making, say, more than R$5000 per month takes the VT benefit.

However when I ran this logic past my Brazilian friends, they all said that the deduction will go up to compensate for the increased benefit (due to increased fares) to the end user / worker. So it's not like the companies will eat 100% of the increase.You should run it by your Economics professor, it's called cost pass through. The companies will not eat the increase. They pass it on to their customers by raising prices. Thus it contributes to inflation, which is one of the basic grievances of the demonstrators.

Phunluv
06-20-13, 05:09
You should run it by your Economics professor, it's called cost pass through. The companies will not eat the increase. They pass it on to their customers by raising prices. Thus it contributes to inflation, which is one of the basic grievances of the demonstrators.Yes, that's exactly it, someone has to end up paying. I suspect another factor at play here with the intensity of the protests is that these fares have been inching up in recent years but the transportation is as bad as ever, if not slightly worse than normal.

You can argue it's always been this way in Brazil but there's a different dynamic here because the World Cup and Olympics is like a big party Brazil is throwing for the rest of the world, trying to present a positive forward image, and the natives know it's kind of a facade.

Also the "Brazil Boom" of recent years is over. GDP growth was pretty flat this past year yet inflation remains high. I suspect if there wasn't so much money being pumped in to prep for the World Cup & Olympics, Brazil would actually be in a mild recession right now; you could even call it mild "stagflation" although it's hard to tease out just how much of the inflation is caused by all the spending on the big upcoming sporting events. My point is, even mild stagflation sucks (remember the 70's?) and so it's understandable that the natives are getting a bit restless.

Bravo
06-21-13, 00:42
Now that the bus fare will not increase 20 cents, I wonder if people will continue to protest in order to accomplish the other things they want done in Brasil. It took 1 week, hundreds of thousands of people in the streets and international news media before they finally agreed not to increase the tariff. I can only imagine how long it would take to accomplish something like having better hospitals and schools.

Eric Cartman
06-21-13, 02:37
You should run it by your Economics professor, it's called cost pass through. The companies will not eat the increase. They pass it on to their customers by raising prices. Thus it contributes to inflation, which is one of the basic grievances of the demonstrators.You missed my point, or perhaps I did not explain it well. The deduction (currently a flat 6% or 7%) of the employees salary also likely will go up. So the employee will not get a free ride where their flat deduction stays the same (the money the company deducts from each paycheck in exchange for the VT) , but the company pays them R$0. 20 more per trip.

Your other point about pass-through is correct (where possible) and I have no argument with it. Of course for start-up companies with no revenue, the pass-through is harder.

Poucolouco
06-21-13, 04:25
You missed my point, or perhaps I did not explain it well. The deduction (currently a flat 6% or 7%) of the employees salary also likely will go up. So the employee will not get a free ride where their flat deduction stays the same (the money the company deducts from each paycheck in exchange for the VT) , but the company pays them R$0. 20 more per trip.

Your other point about pass-through is correct (where possible) and I have no argument with it. Of course for start-up companies with no revenue, the pass-through is harder.I didn't miss your point. Your analysis applies to one segment of the public transit users. The transit fare increase applies to every use of the system. It is not limited to the daily commute for Petrobras and Banco do Brasil employees. It applies to all commuters, even the self-employed, the unemployed and the un-subsidized students. It applies to the shopping trip, the trip to the medico, all transit travel. It is but a single element in the grievances of the demonstrators. Otherwise they would have laid down their placards when the increase was rescinded. Inflation is currently in excess of 6 percent. The demonstrations are rooted in the bad economy, corruption, fiscal waste and incompetence of the government.

Exec Talent
06-21-13, 05:10
I didn't miss your point. Your analysis applies to one segment of the public transit users. The transit fare increase applies to every use of the system. It is not limited to the daily commute for Petrobras and Banco do Brasil employees. It applies to all commuters, even the self-employed, the unemployed and the un-subsidized students. It applies to the shopping trip, the trip to the medico, all transit travel. It is but a single element in the grievances of the demonstrators. Otherwise they would have laid down their placards when the increase was rescinded. Inflation is currently in excess of 6 percent. The demonstrations are rooted in the bad economy, corruption, fiscal waste and incompetence of the government.Seems the Brazilians are at least gaining the world's attention. Hopefully the protests will result in some positive changes. Lifelong bureaucrats are a drain on every economy. The problem is even after they retire they still are taking money from the pockets of the working man.

Mr Enternational
06-21-13, 05:29
Are the vans still not running in Rio Zona Sul? If not that would have been pretty fucked up to outlaw the vans and jack up the bus price.

Sperto
06-21-13, 06:38
Normally the brazilians complain silently but do nothing to change their situation. All troubles are forgotten on the weekend when they go to the beach, have churrasco and beer with friends and fotball on Sundays.
It seems like the brazilians are waking up. I hope something good comes out of the protests.

Tiradentes
06-21-13, 10:56
I wish I was in Brazil to join in the protests.

I would have demonstrated to have Rio give Terma L'Uomo its license back so it can re-open.

I would have demonstrated to have Rio cut in half the prices on hotels, termas, and the working girls.

I would have demonstrated to have Rio force Terma Centaurus to fire its management, cut the entrance fee, and hire the best talent Rio has to offer.

And most importantly, I would have demonstrated to have Rio get its first class and world renowned services back from the late 90's to the mid 2000's.

Phunluv
06-22-13, 02:41
Speaking of inflation, it's obviously been a major topic on this board for a couple of years now. Maybe the anger and frustration mongers were feeling has finally reached the mainstream of Brazilian society. Ha, ha, seriously though, it would be interesting to learn where the rate increases in the termas are going. Are the girls getting paid a bit more, or is it all going to the owners? Or are the owners themselves being squeezed by bigger pay-offs, lease increases, etc?

Eric Cartman
06-22-13, 03:42
I didn't miss your point. Your analysis applies to one segment of the public transit users. The transit fare increase applies to every use of the system. It is not limited to the daily commute for Petrobras and Banco do Brasil employees. It applies to all commuters, even the self-employed, the unemployed and the un-subsidized students. It applies to the shopping trip, the trip to the medico, all transit travel. It is but a single element in the grievances of the demonstrators. Otherwise they would have laid down their placards when the increase was rescinded. Inflation is currently in excess of 6 percent. The demonstrations are rooted in the bad economy, corruption, fiscal waste and incompetence of the government.Everything you wrote after the first sentence has nothing to do with my original post, which was about explaining how the Vale Transporte works. LOL. Ah well, my ignore list hadn't grown in a while.

Poucolouco
06-22-13, 15:38
Everything you wrote after the first sentence has nothing to do with my original post, which was about explaining how the Vale Transporte works. LOL. Ah well, my ignore list hadn't grown in a while.Explaining how the Vale Transporte works. Peace!

Mr Enternational
06-23-13, 03:45
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited or deleted in accordance with the Forum's policy prohibiting any discussion regarding racial issues. This action is in no way a reflection of the merits of the author's comments.

I am aware that the vast majority of references to racial issues are legitimate attempts to advise other fellow members about local racial issues and prejudices. However, past discussions in the Forum has repeatedly demonstrated that the subject simply cannot be discussed intelligently, in any form or for any reason, without being misinterpreted and without starting flame wars.

Please do not engage in discussions about race in the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information.

Thanks!

Tim Sellers
06-23-13, 04:31
Any thoughts / suggestions / advice on a business marriage for a permanent visa?

Phunluv
06-23-13, 06:31
I was surprised that there seems to be so few "typical poor guys" (black people and nordestinos) in the protests. It seems like the majority are white. A mixture of Patricinhas, Mauricinhos, students, maconheiros, hippies, veados, communists and plain troublemakers.
Talking to one friend today, she said,"My country is still a racist country, and blacks are intimidated by it, so do not much black people in demonstrations and TV shows. Domingao do Faustao has 20 white dancers and 2 black dancers. In most novelas there are black maids. This is crazy in a mixed country. Too much racism. This is Brasil!"I understand both of your points but it's not just race, it's also a matter of education and social class. It also shows how Marx (Karl, not Groucho!) was a bit off in his theories of the rise of the proles. It usually takes educated middle-class folks to trigger a movement; poor people don't have education, and without education, specifically some education at the college level in the liberal arts, you can't develop political and ideological thinking / awareness / ideas. And you don't have opportunities to develop skills that organize and bring together large, diverse groups of people. Except perhaps labor unions with a limited agenda (steady employment and job benefits).

Partial exceptions to Sperto's comment I can think of would be our own civil rights movement in the 60's; also, the "Tea Party" seems to be composed of mostly white people in their 50's and 60's instead of hordes of young white college kids (like that massive rally in DC held by Jon Stewart & Steven Colbert right before the 2010 elections).

But the present manifestations in Brazil do seem to follow a general pattern we've seen in the "Occupy Wall Street" and "Arab Spring" movements. I'd also like to mention the "No Mas Secuestros" (No More Kidnappings) movement in Colombia some years ago. That was triggered by the college-age Facebook generation before the rest of the country joined in.

Tiradentes
06-23-13, 22:37
I was listening to a radio show earlier today where the protests in Brazil were discussed. They had bunch of guys debating the issue including some Brazilian national experts. I did have a hangover, so some might have been lost in translation.

Few talking points:

1. Brazil might split in half with the rich south forming its own country excluding the poor north.

2. The new Southern Brazil might restore constitutional monarchy.

3. And most shockingly. The City of Rio might secede all together and form a city-state. Just like Singapore. With all the petrol found on it shores, Rio has lots to lose if it has to share its new found wealth with the rest of the country. If this materializes, the city state of Rio will be the new Dubai, Hong Kong, etc, in the southern hemisphere.

RonnyRon
06-24-13, 02:35
[Deleted by Admin]

Thanks!

HelpRules
06-24-13, 14:42
[Deleted by Admin]

Thanks!

Exec Talent
06-26-13, 17:01
Want to thank all you guys on the ground who have been posting about the protests.

For many of us who actually still travel to Brazil and not just shoot off our mouths on this forum, your firsthand reports are very valuable.

For example, we may not be in Brazil at the moment but are planning the timing of a return trip. Sure, we have a lot of Brazilian friends on the ground, but their perspective is not the same as an American's.

Thanks again

RonnyRon
06-27-13, 20:30
They actually post information worth reading. Is that cool Jackson?

RR

Mangera
06-28-13, 04:24
Want to thank all you guys on the ground who have been posting about the protests.

For many of us who actually still travel to Brazil and not just shoot off our mouths on this forum, your firsthand reports are very valuable.

For example, we may not be in Brazil at the moment but are planning the timing of a return trip. Sure, we have a lot of Brazilian friends on the ground, but their perspective is not the same as an American's.

Thanks againBeware of any plans you make for next Monday. My brazilian friends have informed me that something big is going down on Monday. Doesn't mean that it will be anything violent (There is always that possibility) , but essentially the intentions are to paralyze everything on Monday related to work. Suppose to be country wide effort. Let's see what develops. Becareful, plan carefully and always have an exit plan if you plan on taking a risk.

Torgoch
06-29-13, 01:53
Beware of any plans you make for next Monday. My brazilian friends have informed me that something big is going down on Monday. Doesn't mean that it will be anything violent (There is always that possibility) , but essentially the intentions are to paralyze everything on Monday related to work. Suppose to be country wide effort. Let's see what develops. Becareful, plan carefully and always have an exit plan if you plan on taking a risk.Was in 4x4 today. Feasting on the delightful Lavinia. She said that transport on Monday could be difficult with bus strikes and train strikes. I think (excusing my so so porto) she said that 4x4 will be closed on Monday, if not then many girls will not be coming in to work because of the planned transport strikes.

Torgoch
06-29-13, 02:13
Was in 4x4 today. Feasting on the delightful Lavinia. She said that transport on Monday could be difficult with bus strikes and train strikes. I think (excusing my so so porto) she said that 4x4 will be closed on Monday, if not then many girls will not be coming in to work because of the planned transport strikes.Meant to post that in the Rio thread

Eric Cartman
06-29-13, 02:19
Beware of any plans you make for next Monday. My brazilian friends have informed me that something big is going down on Monday. Doesn't mean that it will be anything violent (There is always that possibility) , but essentially the intentions are to paralyze everything on Monday related to work. Suppose to be country wide effort. Let's see what develops. Becareful, plan carefully and always have an exit plan if you plan on taking a risk.I guess it doesn't help that I live in walking distance to my office and already have a to-do list longer than my height.

The Cane
07-07-13, 17:27
Oh man!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/soccer_referee_beheaded_d8e9s3PGziwo3EJL2X2I1O

There is a very graphic video circulating around on the internet. Of course, I did not post it here.

NycGuy883
07-15-13, 00:56
Is L'uomo still open? There website is no longer active.

Eric Cartman
07-16-13, 04:24
Is L'uomo still open? There website is no longer active.No. Did you try searching the forum before you posted?

George90
07-24-13, 00:46
I read today that a teenager in Recife had her leg bitten off by a shark and later died in the hospital. I have been to Recife many times between 2004 and 2009. The attack occurred in the Boa Viagem beach where I have swum many times. There are many signs, in Portuguese and English, warning of sharks, but actual sharks are (or were) so infrequent that few paid any attention.

In addition, the Dutch controlled Recife for many years after a war with the Portuguese. They built a breakwater on top of natural reefs a few hundred feet from the shore. At low tide you can still see the remnants of it. The beach area up to that wall is very calm and shallow, great for children or poor swimmers. It also serves as a barrier to sharks. They could swim over it only during high tide.

I am very surprised that a shark could get so close to the shore in Boa Viagem. I am also somewhat frightened. The number of times I have been to Recife and swam on that very beach scares me that I was potentially in that type of danger.

If anyone is on the ground in Recife, please give the forum an eyewitness update.

Ironically, there used to be a bar in Boa Viagem called Shakatak.

Mangera
07-24-13, 01:53
I read today that a teenager in Recife had her leg bitten off by a shark and later died in the hospital. I have been to Recife many times between 2004 and 2009. The attack occurred in the Boa Viagem beach where I have swum many times. There are many signs, in Portuguese and English, warning of sharks, but actual sharks are (or were) so infrequent that few paid any attention.

In addition, the Dutch controlled Recife for many years after a war with the Portuguese. They built a breakwater on top of natural reefs a few hundred feet from the shore. At low tide you can still see the remnants of it. The beach area up to that wall is very calm and shallow, great for children or poor swimmers. It also serves as a barrier to sharks. They could swim over it only during high tide.

I am very surprised that a shark could get so close to the shore in Boa Viagem. I am also somewhat frightened. The number of times I have been to Recife and swam on that very beach scares me that I was potentially in that type of danger.

If anyone is on the ground in Recife, please give the forum an eyewitness update.

Ironically, there used to be a bar in Boa Viagem called Shakatak.The 18 yr old girl attacked by a shark was caught on video and shown throughout the country on Oglobo news. She was bitten the first time and blood can be see immediately within close proximity. A lifeguard on a jetski heard the screams, and went towards her. By the time he got to her, the shark took another bite and took her down. She cam back up, and was rescued. Unfortunately, she died in the hospital.

Youare right, there are many signs at the beach with warnings. It happens to be that I saw a documentary last week regarding the differences between shark attacks in Recife and othe parts of the world. In Recife, it seems to be that the sharks are more aggressive, which they are. The main reason is because not far away, there is some sort of a slaughter house, where all of the non useful material is poured into some sort of bay, or canal leading to the ocean. Hence the abundance of sharks.

Sperto
07-24-13, 06:15
Bruna (18 year old paulista (very cute BTW) and her cousin got caught by strong currents. The accident happened in a part where there were no protection from the reef and she got drawn out to to deep water.
The lifeguards acted quickly but the shark was quicker and bit of a large chunk of her leg. She died at the hospital. Very sad.
The family will sue the state of Pernambuco.

59 shark attacks in Pernambuco since 1992. 24 killed and 35 injured. 31 were surfers.

http://www.diariodepernambuco.com.br/app/noticia/vida-urbana/2013/07/23/interna_vidaurbana,451963/morre-turista-atacada-por-tubarao-em-boa-viagem.shtml

http://www.diariodepernambuco.com.br/app/noticia/vida-urbana/2013/07/23/interna_vidaurbana,452054/corpo-de-turista-morta-por-ataque-de-tubarao-deve-ficar-no-iml-ate-quarta-feira.shtml

George90
07-24-13, 13:19
At Mangera,

I have seen that same or a similar documentary. It concluded that some sort of runoff is attracting sharks to an area close to the Boa Viagem beach. The sharks are then attracted to the beach itself by all of the human activity that resembles the prey they hunt. The scientists in the documentary wanted to have the runoff directed much further away from the city.

At Sperto,

It makes more sense that the two were attacked in deeper water. The article I read said the attack happened in 'waist deep' water. However, it also said it took the lifeguards 5 minutes to get to them. In waist deep water life guards would be able to reach them in 1 or 2 minutes. It seems to me that the article I read got things mixed up.

Mangera
07-25-13, 01:08
If you want to use the metro on Thursday or Friday, you need to buy special passes that can only be used on those days. You will not be able to buy tickets at the station on those days. Even then, you can only travel at certain times during the day towards copa and return trip as well. Its going to be a pain in the ass getting around town in next couple of days. The non stop rain is not helping matters. Tons of people from out of town, including many from other countries. They have been walking up and town the streets of Rio, including Centro. They are chanting and singing religious chants as well.

Orgasmico
08-09-13, 06:01
http://www.ibtimes.com/international-day-female-orgasm-brings-pleasure-brazilian-women-742490

BorussiaMG
08-20-13, 18:51
The official sale for the World Cup 2014 in Brasil has started.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/apply-for-tickets/index.html

You are eligible to apply for tickets. This stage of World Cup ticket registration will be open until October 10th and the "winners" will be drawn. It is no first come, first serve.

Java Man
08-20-13, 21:06
In an effort to cleanup the city, Rio de Janeiro government started an Anti littering campaign in Centro today. 98 people were fined $R157. Fines can go as high as $R3000. People were getting fined for dropping their cigarette butt on the ground. In September the campaign will arrive in Ipanema, Leblon and Lagoa. After that it will be Copacabana's turn. Only minors can not be fined as they have immunity due to Brazil's archaic juvenile laws. A total of 192 personnel from Sanitation, the Municipal Guard and Military police are involved in this operation. It will be ongoing 7 days a week from 7a to 10:30p

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/noventa-oito-pessoas-sao-multadas-por-jogar-lixo-no-chao-no-centro-do-rio-9619049

Java Man
08-20-13, 21:30
The official sale for the World Cup 2014 in Brasil has started.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/apply-for-tickets/index.html

You are eligible to apply for tickets. This stage of World Cup ticket registration will be open until October 10th and the "winners" will be drawn. It is no first come, first serve.80, 000 people registered in the first hour. More than a million registered for a less than a million available tickets for the first round. Tickets range from $R30 (half price) up to $R1980 (World Cup Final.) Best of luck with that.

http://odia.ig.com.br/esporte/copa-do-mundo/2013-08-20/fifa-registra-mais-de-80-mil-pedidos-para-ingressos-da-copa-em-uma-hora.html

Bravo
08-20-13, 22:36
In an effort to cleanup the city, Rio de Janeiro government started an Anti littering campaign in Centro today. 98 people were fined $R157. Fines can go as high as $R3000. People were getting fined for dropping their cigarette butt on the ground. In September the campaign will arrive in Ipanema, Leblon and Lagoa. After that it will be Copacabana's turn. Only minors can not be fined as they have immunity due to Brazil's archaic juvenile laws. A total of 192 personnel from Sanitation, the Municipal Guard and Military police are involved in this operation. It will be ongoing 7 days a week from 7a to 10:30p.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/noventa-oito-pessoas-sao-multadas-por-jogar-lixo-no-chao-no-centro-do-rio-9619049Its about time! I can't tell you how many times I have seen brasilians throw trash on the ground when there was a garbage bin less than 20 feet away! It drives me nuts!

Mr Enternational
08-20-13, 23:55
Its about time! I can't tell you how many times I have seen brasilians throw trash on the ground when there was a garbage bin less than 20 feet away! It drives me nuts!The way Marina explained it to me is that it saves jobs. If the streets were clean how would those people who walk the streets with a broom and dustpan make a living?

Exec Talent
08-21-13, 00:32
In an effort to cleanup the city, Rio de Janeiro government started an Anti littering campaign in Centro today. 98 people were fined $R157. Fines can go as high as $R3000. People were getting fined for dropping their cigarette butt on the ground. In September the campaign will arrive in Ipanema, Leblon and Lagoa. After that it will be Copacabana's turn. Only minors can not be fined as they have immunity due to Brazil's archaic juvenile laws. A total of 192 personnel from Sanitation, the Municipal Guard and Military police are involved in this operation. It will be ongoing 7 days a week from 7a to 10:30p.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/noventa-oito-pessoas-sao-multadas-por-jogar-lixo-no-chao-no-centro-do-rio-9619049It actually was announced some time back and there is a huge banner in Centro that you will see coming from the airport.

I have noticed the impact in a number of areas including Copa which now has less litter on the streets. Apparently most people were not aware when and where it would be enforced.

Exec Talent
08-21-13, 00:41
The way Marina explained it to me is that it saves jobs. If the streets were clean how would those people who walk the streets with a broom and dustpan make a living?Are you talking about that Marina?

Though she is well-known as a major scumbag and suspected thief (a number of reports) she is correct about Brazilians making work for their fellow countrymen and women by throwing litter in the streets. Plus many Brazilians are just disrespectful. All you have to do is try to allow room for an older person to pass in the supermarket and watch as five Brazilians rush in front of them to see how little consideration they show for others. First word all Brazilians learn is not mãe or pai, it is desculpa.

Java Man
09-11-13, 00:17
Lixo Zero, the anti littering program arrived today in Zona Sul: Ipanema, Leblon, Lagoa and Copacabana. 10 people were fined in Copacabana. One of the focuses of the program in Copacabana is to get dog owners to clean up after their dogs. BTW, Cigarette butts is the most common litter.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/lixo-zero-ja-surte-efeito-em-copacabana-9781758

LukeSkywalker
09-11-13, 00:57
The beaches in Copacabana and Ipanema are littered with plastic bottles, plastic cups, lids, straws etc. The water is tepid, not fresh.

The beaches near Leblon and El Centro are blackened and reeked with sewage, Yuk! Who the hell would ever want to go near that severely polluted water.

Besides the dog shit all over sidewalks, homeless families sleeping everywhere and potential robbers hiding in every dark corner and robbers / hi jackers on public buses, Rio is just too crowded, noisy, dusty and unsafe, not a good place for nice, clean, fun, relaxing vacations.

With current exchange rates, the programma girls are just way too expensive compared to other South and Central America countries. Anybody knows what the escort services are charging to send girls to hotels now a day? They used to have good deals.

Sperto
09-11-13, 05:52
Besides the dog shit all over sidewalks, homeless families sleeping everywhere and potential robbers hiding in every dark corner and robbers / hi jackers on public buses, Rio is just too crowded, noisy, dusty and unsafe, not a good place for nice, clean, fun, relaxing vacations.
Don't forget to mention the corruption, inflation, favelas, hot weather, novelas and all those flat-assed cold women.
Why couldn't all foreign countries with different cultures be just like it's back home in US/Europe?
Rio really is a shitty place o go for vacation.:D

FuckAfMedDig
09-11-13, 09:02
The beaches in Copacabana and Ipanema are littered with plastic bottles, plastic cups, lids, straws etc. The water is tepid, not fresh.

The beaches near Leblon and El Centro are blackened and reeked with sewage, Yuk! Who the hell would ever want to go near that severely polluted water.

With current exchange rates, the programma girls are just way too expensive compared to other South and Central America countries. Anybody knows what the escort services are charging to send girls to hotels now a day? They used to have good deals.Sounds like you should stay home so there's more bunda for us. Cheap but great bunda is available a lot in Rio but you got to know where to go and get them to hang outside for nothing. I haven't found the beaches or water bad and have never been robbed, acosted, followed, hassled anywhere-like with any tourist destination in a big city in a South American country its how you carry yourself that mostly determines your destiny there-also get involved in the culture and speak the language and slang especially (get GDP's to teach you) then whats ugly can turn beautiful.

Java Man
10-17-13, 19:23
The elevated portion, (Perimetral,) that splits off the Linea Vermelha highway, (the Red Line) and heads towards Santos Dumont and Centro, will be closed starting Oct 19. It's scheduled to be demolished. This is the elevated road that runs along side the port area near Centro, and Praca Maua. Your taxi driver may have gone on it when taking you to the international airport from Copacabana. Demolition may be delayed. The State Public Ministry has notified Rio City Hall not to start demolition until the implementation of approved measures to mitigate the traffic impact. This is going to make traffic through Centro and going to the airport worse.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/mp-notifica-prefeitura-para-barrar-demolicao-do-elevado-da-perimetral-10403862

Be careful crossing Ave Pres Vargas in Centro. A reversible traffic lane was installed last Monday, in an effort to reduce the impact due to the closure of Perimetral. Four people have been hit by cars.

http://odia.ig.com.br/odia24horas/2013-10-17/pedestre-e-atropelado-na-faixa-reversivel-da-avenida-presidente-vargas.html

Lastly the Oglobo newspaper website now wants $R1. 90 month to view its content.

https://assinatura.oglobo.globo.com/default.aspx?funcionalidade_id=3981&cod_produto=OG03&campanha=nao&url_retorno=http%3A%2F%2Foglobo.Globo.Com%2Frio%2Fmais-um-pedestre-atropelado-na-faixa-reversivel-the-avenida-presidente-vargas-10400084

Member #4732
10-18-13, 02:33
I will be spending most of 2014, from April on, traveling in SA. I lived in Sampa for several years so I am comfortable in Brasil and have no trouble communicating, navigating etc. I read gpguia. Net etc. Its indispensable for particular reports but a bit hard to get a comparative sense of cities in general.

I'm already booked into Rio for April and May. I don't feel like paying 5x normal rent to stay in Rio during the world cup (June 10-July 13) so I plan to hit up another Br city during that time. The question is which city.

Already been to Salvador, so that is out.

My current thinking is either of these cities:

Belo Horizonte.

Curitiba.

Porto Alegre.

Goiania

The first 3 are host cities so it might be interesting to get some world cup flavor. Bearing in mind it will be winter. I'm leaning toward BH.

In terms of Putaria how do the heavy travelers here rate those cities?

Sperto
10-18-13, 05:49
I will be spending most of 2014, from April on, traveling in SA. I lived in Sampa for several years so I am comfortable in Brasil and have no trouble communicating, navigating etc. I read gpguia. Net etc. Its indispensable for particular reports but a bit hard to get a comparative sense of cities in general.

I'm already booked into Rio for April and May. I don't feel like paying 5x normal rent to stay in Rio during the world cup (June 10-July 13) so I plan to hit up another Br city during that time. The question is which city.

Already been to Salvador, so that is out.

My current thinking is either of these cities:

Belo Horizonte.

Curitiba.

Porto Alegre.

Goiania

The first 3 are host cities so it might be interesting to get some world cup flavor. Bearing in mind it will be winter. I'm leaning toward BH.

In terms of Putaria how do the heavy travelers here rate those cities?I would choose none of those cities. I would rather choose Manaus, São Luís or Fortaleza.

Member #4732
10-18-13, 06:37
I would choose none of those cities. I would rather choose Manaus, São Luís or Fortaleza.Thanks for the opinion. Care to elaborate? I have been to Salvador. Do you consider these other nordeste cities more favorably than Salvador? Fwiw, I do like boates, yes, they can be more expensive, but I like the atmosphere of a good boate, with music, mingling and more. I was disappointed in that regard with Salvador, and Salvador was a ***** to get around in. My impression is that Curitiba has quite a few boates, not sure if they are good, but they seem to have quantity.

Member #4732
10-18-13, 06:40
I would choose none of those cities. I would rather choose Manaus, São Luís or Fortaleza.I know you have visited the cities that you prefer. Have you also visited the cities that I listed. And found them wanting?

Member #4732
10-18-13, 06:49
I would choose none of those cities. I would rather choose Manaus, São Luís or Fortaleza.BTW, I am not asking you to recapitulate the detailed info you have already posted re each city. I will read your posting in the respective forums. The forum postings are great in detailing each city, but I am posting here to get a "comparative" overview if that is a reasonable request.

Sperto
10-18-13, 19:11
BTW, I am not asking you to recapitulate the detailed info you have already posted re each city. I will read your posting in the respective forums. The forum postings are great in detailing each city, but I am posting here to get a "comparative" overview if that is a reasonable request.I've visited the cities you mentioned. They are all fine but not what I would recommend to somebody who would choose one more city except Rio.
I rather not elaborate as I already reported about all the cities before.

I made a comparison about 7 years ago regarding the brazilian capitals. It's a very individual ranking.
Here is a overview.
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?573-Other-Areas&p=532479&highlight=Capitals#post532479

Member #4732
10-18-13, 19:31
I've visited the cities you mentioned. They are all fine but not what I would recommend to somebody who would choose one more city except Rio.

I rather not elaborate as I already reported about all the cities before.

I made a comparison about 7 years ago regarding the brazilian capitals. It's a very individual ranking.

Here is a overview.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?573-Other-Areas&p=532479&highlight=Capitals#post532479Thanks for the link, very helpful.

Mr Enternational
10-20-13, 23:28
Miss Ass competition:

http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/63698

Member #4732
10-22-13, 03:13
Can anyone clarify meaning of "biotipo bike", I see it used frequently on Gpguia. Must be new slang, never saw it 3 years ago. Does it refer to a girl that looks like she goes to spinner class. As opposed to "sarrado", cut. Or what?

Safado69
10-26-13, 13:19
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-24680682

Just heard from a few friends about this story that came out in globo Thursday and I personally know 3 independent GDPs that went over this year.

Almotu
10-27-13, 23:27
Miss Ass competition:

http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/63698E, thanks for sharing this clip. I am surprised that all the candidates are so light-skinned. Of course there are quite a few very nice appetizing bundas here. But some of the asses are just too MUCH, ufff! LOL! Especially during the outdoor shoot.

Amadeuss
11-02-13, 10:17
Brazil got one of the most successfull anti HIV programs.

How is the demand by pros to cover up? Laissez faire or absolutely compulsory?

Riofan6
11-04-13, 03:39
Things are just tough all over for the Biebs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1VP3ooUEcYHOLY CRAP! Just a little higher up and that bottle might have broken his hair!

The Cane
11-08-13, 00:58
HOLY CRAP! Just a little higher up and that bottle might have broken his hair!More bad news for the Biebs! Look what my boy Kid Cisco sent me. This is some funny shit! LOL!

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/65957/brazilian-prostitute-takes-a-video-of-justin-bieber-passed-out-after-she-f-cked-him-to-sleep.html

Sperto
11-12-13, 08:39
I buy a couple of domestic flight tickets every year. It's quite amazing how the prices varies from day to day. A ticket that cost R$1400 one day can be down to R$350 a day later.

Also it's interesting how flight tickets often are cheaper than bus tickets.
E.g yesterday I bought a flight ticket Salvador-Rio de Janeiro (Santos Dumont). I payed R$79, and taxes R$21. A bus ticket would cost about R$300.
It's funny that a flight ticket Salvador-Rio cost the same as a pre-payed taxi ride from Galeão-Copacabana or Salvador airport-Barra.

Mangera
11-12-13, 14:07
I buy a couple of domestic flight tickets every year. It's quite amazing how the prices varies from day to day. A ticket that cost R$1400 one day can be down to R$350 a day later.

E. G yesterday I bought a flight ticket Salvador-Rio de Janeiro (Santos Dumont). I payed R$79, and taxes R$21. A bus ticket would cost about R$300.

It's funny that a flight ticket Salvador-Rio cost the same as a pre-payed taxi ride from Galeão-Copacabana or Salvador airport-Barra.That's Brazilian economics in a nut shell.

Mr Enternational
11-12-13, 14:15
That is any economics. Supply and demand with a few specials thrown in. A while back I bought a ticket on Lufthansa from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok for $8+$50 taxes.

I had been going on Tiger Air website everyday looking for a ticket for the 3 hour flight from Angeles City to Bangkok for February. It was always $100+taxes. I finally caught it at $1+$47 for taxes a couple of weeks ago. I called my wingman and he bought one too while the getting was good.

On the other side of the coin, for March, my ticket for the 3.5 hour flight from Bangkok to Maldives was $320, but the 20 minute seaplane to the resort that I'm going to from there is $420.

The Cane
11-16-13, 01:04
Miss Bum Bum Contest! I think they pronounce it "boom boom". At least that's what one of the girls I did over at L'uomo called it. When L'uomo was a going concern that is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507274/Miss-BumBum-2013-winner-Brazilian-beauty-Dai-Macedo.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3658dGk2LVk&feature=player_embedded

Jan 156
11-19-13, 08:12

E. G yesterday I bought a flight ticket Salvador-Rio de Janeiro (Santos Dumont). I payed R$79, and taxes R$21. A bus ticket would cost about R$300.

It's funny that a flight ticket Salvador-Rio cost the same as a pre-payed taxi ride from Galeão-Copacabana or Salvador airport-Barra.True. But it seems to apply selectively. Advance tickets between RJ and SP cost pennies just now compared to a decently comfortable bus seat. But flying somewhere closer and less popular can cost much more. But you know, I don't quite imagine you paying through the nose for a pre-payed taxi from GIG that often, Sperto.

WideCool
11-28-13, 17:26
Sometimes it makes me wonder about the PM's I receive. I get quite a few PM's asking for contact info to regular non-pro-girls in Brazil. I'm happy to share mongering info, to a certain limit. But why on earth would I share my non-pro's with somebody I don't know and have never met? The question gets extra peculiar when it comes from members with something like 2-3 posts on the forum. I have hooked up a lot of my buddies with friends to my GF's, but that's a different case.

Do these guys expect that I will call one of my non-pro GF's and say "Hi Fulana. Is it OK if I give your contact info to a guy from a prostitution forum? I have no idea who he is, how he looks like, if he's old, fat or a pervo."Hi,

You are very right. I am new here. I am traveling to Salvadore. Any help from you is appreciates.

Sperto
11-28-13, 19:45
Hi,

You are very right. I am new here. I am traveling to Salvadore. Any help from you is appreciates.There is a Salvador thread.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?570-Salvador

Read through a couple of pages and you'll know the basics of Salvador.

Sperto
12-01-13, 20:47
I'm quite happy for the cheap domestic air tickets, but still I miss the charm of the long journey bus rides. >15 years ago domestic flight tickets were much more expensive than the bus tickets. I mostly used buses for travelling in Brazil. Sometimes up to 60 hours bus rides.

Going by bus you stopped every fourth hour for pissbrakes, dinner, beer or a shower. You got to know the other passengers. I miss the scenery. Passing through isolated cities and watching spectacular landscapes. Specially I miss when the bus made breaks in the evenings in some small cities on the sertão. Seeing all the curios locals gathered at the local rodoviária, having a quick refresco and a salgado (which most likely caused diarrhoea). Not to forget that the Volvo or Scania buses were often very comfortable with pillows, blankets, snacks, coffee and movies.

OK, bus travels were not totally uncomplicated. Sometimes I relied on being able to open a window to get fresh air, other times times I had icecold AC in the bus that made me chatter my teeth or a AC dripping down on my head. If I wasn't lucky my seat neighbour was a fat farting guy drooling on my shoulder in his sleep or a bible-reading senhora eating smelly snacks the whole journey or a local with a sack of hens in his lap. On my busrides I had other peoples vomit over me, kids pissing on me, buses breaking down, buses being shot at and assaulted.

On the good side I made a lot of friends on my bus journeys, met future GFs, got handjobs, blowjobs, had sex and once fingering a wellknown model while her photographer was sleeping next to her.

Flying domestic in Brazil on the other hand is relatively cheap and comfortable but totally without any charm. You line up in a 100 m queue, check in, line up and pass the security check, line up at the gate, the gate will propably be changed at least two times so more lining up, embark, fasten your seat belt, eat your turkey sandwich, almost no conversation with fellow passengers, line up to disembark, line up to get your luggage and finally line up to get a taxi. Boring...

Exec Talent
12-01-13, 21:04
On the good side I made a lot of friends on my bus journeys, met future GFs, got handjobs, blowjobs, had sex and once fingering a wellknown model while her photographer was sleeping next to herDo you have the number of that well-known model you can give out?

Sperto
12-02-13, 08:20
Do you have the number of that well-known model you can give out?Yes and no.

I have her number. I can't see why I should post in on a monger-forum or giving it out to anybody?

Golfinho
12-02-13, 11:37
but still I miss the charm of the long journey bus rides. >15 years ago domestic flight tickets were much more expensive than the bus tickets. I mostly used buses for travelling in Brazil. Sometimes up to 60 hours bus rides.Saudade for bus rides. And when the bus reaches destination, what do you have. Line up to disembark, line up to get your luggage and finally line up to get a taxi. Boring. Nothing more to say about Brazil when a forum comes to this.

Exec Talent
12-03-13, 00:59
Yes and no.

I have her number. I can't see why I should post in on a monger-forum or giving it out to anybody?That is the well-known model you fingered on the bus right? Come on, give it up. Tell her I will even wash my hands!

curacaoman
12-03-13, 12:52
Hi all,

First time travel to Brazil. My primary purpose of the trip is visit the tourists spots and get laid. Planning to visit Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

My stay is 10 days is total. How would you guys divide the days? 5 5 or 4 days SP. 6 days RIO?

Thanks

Albert Punter
12-03-13, 23:49
It has been debated dozens of times which is best place for mongering between SP and RJ.
I am a SP fan, however I would opt for 5/5.

Hi all,

First time travel to Brazil. My primary purpose of the trip is visit the tourists spots and get laid. Planning to visit Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

My stay is 10 days is total. How would you guys divide the days? 5 5 or 4 days SP. 6 days RIO?

Thanks

Jan 156
12-04-13, 01:39
Hi all,

ThanksSeriously, I'd plan differently. Do one or the other. SP is the biggest city in the Southern Hemisphere. Rio is also a big city fractured into diferent areas. And Brazil itself is a big culture shock. To do the two cities in ten days you would need to have a very exact timetable plus back-up plans in case you hit delays (which are a constant SP problem and common enough in RJ especially if it rains. If you are only going to dip your toes, you might want to get someone to buddy you in SP and possibly RJ. Possible. Five in each because, even if there's 'more to do' in RJ, it will take you longer to do what you do in SP.

A couple of other points as SP and RJ are incredibly different. The tourist spots in RJ are straightforward "sights" (Cristovao, Sugar Loaf, Botanics) and all you have to do is plan how to get them without wasting lots of time. And of course RJ has a beach (32 beaches to be more exact). In SP, the distances are bigger, and the best tourist attractions (IMO) are things like the galleries or the ambience of the different city neighbourhoods (eg Madalena, Paulistana, Liberdade). It's only a short trip between the two, but the trip from the airport in SP can take longer than the flight. Your essentials for RJ are Bubba's guide, Sperto's lists, and a map and a plan. Your essentials for SP are working out how to get to the monger spots of your choice and the tourist spots of your choice (get the wrong turning and half a day or more can be wasted).

But unless you are very determined to do both, stick to one. Five days is not long enough to get much of a taste. And even everything aside I'd have to say do RJ for a first Brazil visit as it is definitely simpler than SP.