PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Delaware Guy
05-07-07, 15:53
DELAWAREGUY,

Where did you hear that the Orla is guest friendly?

The orla's location is great.

But they charge $70. US. per night for guests.I appreciate you're bringing that to my attention. I saw two posts about it. In checking back I see they were both written by the same person and now am wondering if in fact it may be more a presumption of friendliness rather than direct knowledge. I might keep exploring options. Actually I will only be there 5 nights in all and don't anticipate having a sleep in guest each night, unless the girls just can't get enough of me. So it may be a non-issue.

Bizzie
05-07-07, 19:40
Are there certain cities that you can go pickup your visa in person, like Chicago or D.C.?

Chris H
At least in NYC, you drop it off in AM and pick up the passport +Visa in PM.
Dont know about other cities.

Carlos Primeros
05-07-07, 20:44
Hallo Gatorman,

thank you for the advise.

I have found one weekly flight from Miami to Salvador but also 3 other flights to Recife/Belem/Fortaleza/Manaus.

EA also advised that COPA is flying to Manaus.

They are all in the 1000 USD bracket. Once I am in the north of Brazil travelling with the small local air-lines/air-taxis is ok.

Thank you all for the help

Carlos Primeros - at present time in Sex-Prison in Ft. Lauderdale.

Pipe Layer99
05-07-07, 22:42
Are there certain cities that you can go pickup your visa in person, like Chicago or D.C.?

Chris H

Yes, you can pick up your Visa in Chicago. Downtown/Michigan Ave.

It only takes a few days after you turn in the application, payment, photo and passport.

Safado6
05-08-07, 01:28
Delawareguy,

Try the princess copacabana.

Its about two blocks up and one block over from help.

Its a nice aparthotel.

I am not sure of the price at that time.

But there is no problems with gusts and no extra charges.

http://www.promenade.com.br/abertura/abertura_aparthoteis_ing.asp

Mr Enternational
05-08-07, 03:00
Big issue. Virgin trip? You will undoubtedly have a sleep-in guest or few every night.

Actually I will only be there 5 nights in all and don't anticipate having a sleep in guest each night, unless the girls just can't get enough of me. So it may be a non-issue.

Lennox
05-08-07, 04:29
I'll be in Rio May 17th to 22nd. I still haven't picked a hotel. I'm going solo for first time down there. I'm really excited to have 5 days to relax in Rio. Anybody else going to be in town that week?

If fellow aficionados (sounds more respectable than Mongers) are heading there around that time please PM me, I'd like to get together to chat...and as others mentioned there is always safety in numbers. I'd like to check out Centro on this trip as previous trips I mostly stuck to Copa and Ipanema.

Delaware Guy
05-08-07, 18:41
I appreciate everybody's suggestions for my virgin trip. I particularly appreciate the mention of a couple of Visa Service companies located in New York. Previously I knew of a few outside the area but was uncomfotable sending my passport there knowing it had to be turned in to the consulate in NYC.

I am still coming up "No room at the inn" for most of my hotel inquiries but wonder if it's too early yet and they haven't quite figured out how much blood they're going to be able to squeeze out of every foreigner coming to town for Carnival. That Princess Copa suggestion does sound appealing if rooms become available later. Now, if my local library can find that missing Pimsleur course their catalog says should be on the shelf but isn't, I'll be set.

Jan 156
05-08-07, 22:24
I just thought there seems to be quite a few people from the forum around over the next month or two, how about getting together for a social meet and adding some mongering on?

Two things that are a lot more fun with people than on one´s own are Sugar Loaf and Maracana. If anyone´s interested, how about PM me available dates and I´ll try to suggest a date that has the most numbers? (the more the merrier)

Sugar Loaf is the easier of the two as it´s fairly local to Copa (short bus ride or taxi round the corner) and just as good any day of the week. The trick is to time it so you manage to bag a good spot on the top with beers and camera just as the sun is about to go down as it´s awesome.

Finding a common mongering option for afterwards really means a common denominator as not everyone will be into the same sort of thing, but I would guess an upmarket terma would be the best - suggestions? prefs?

Maracana is more complicated as the fixture dates for the Brasil cup whatever it´s called aren´t out yet afaik. But a good football match at the biggest stadium in the world is very memorable. It´s easy enough to get to (Metro) but two trips are often involved - one to buy tickets and one to the game. If I remember the timings correctly (not been for I think a couple of years now) we could monger in between. VM is the obvious as it´s almost spitting distance from the stadium, but it wouldn´t be to everyone´s taste (and I think it would be naff to show up as a drove of foreigners) so maybe Centro or Praca Maua if it´s open. btw Maracana is unpredictable - games sometimes get moved at the last minute. But still worth the effort.

btw I´m more than happy for someone else to organise this - I´ll do it if no-one else wants to - just seems like a good idea. Also someone else´s style may be more generally acceptable!

So maybe PM me if you are up for it (mention either one or both) , plus dates

Debacchus
05-10-07, 07:40
Would like to meet up with anyone who will be there to hit some of the places listed here. Send me a message if you will be in town.

Jan 156
05-12-07, 05:24
(duh! I just did a long thoughtful post but forgot to Ctr+C it and got timed out!)

Anyway - several PMs - Sugar Loaf in the last or last but one week of May looks do-able. We´ll meet at a Sucos bar or similar near Princessa Isabel - I´ll PM anyone interested nearer the time with directions when there´s a date. After that I reckon Paraca Maua. Subject to suitability, I may take people on to Mimosa.

btw there´s two basic attitudes I reckon -

a) US style - with taxis, lots of cash and attitude
b) Brasilian style - with buses, just the cash you need and low-key

Sugar Loaf you can do either (and I appreciate that, as soon as you get out of the US - which is maybe a bit repressive about p4p - you want it straightforward without having to overhaul any habits). Maua has what they call American bars (go-go´s and stuff) without all the maladro stuff of Copa or the high price western pampering of tier one termas. It is a photo opportunity (Sugar Loaf that is!) so you decide whether to have a nice discrete pocket digital or an enormous jobbie with a tripod and so on (Both are cool for Sugar Loaf). You may just do it from your own hotel by taxi all the way without me, in which case I wish you the best and am pleased you will get to see something so incredibly awesome - anyone who still wants to join me, I look forward to meeting you!

Supahotgavin
05-14-07, 01:24
Anyone interested in meeting up on Monday night please PM me. I dont know the local scene too well but would love to hook up with others down there for a few drinks to check out the local women.

Gavin
(a friendly canuck).

Orebell
05-15-07, 04:02
Planning rookie trip to Rio. I arrive on the morning of June 11th and leave the evening of June 15th. I know, short trip but that is the time I have available to do this so it is what it is. If anyone is interested in hooking up for a beer and to discuss our escapades, PM me and maybe we can get together. However I do plan to do most of my trip solo.

Here is my basic plan. I plan to do primarily a termas trip. I am looking at going to the following termas. 4 X 4, Solarium, Luomo, Monte Carlo, and Centaurus and probably in that order based on all I have read. However I am keeping my options open. If I hit one of these places and have an off the chart experience, I may bag going to one or more on this list.

I also plan to hit the strip clubs such as Franks or Barbarellas at least once. From all that I have read, this does not sound like something that I really plan to spend a whole lot of time at, but I would like to be able to say been there, done that.

I also plan on hitting Help at least once. This place gets a lot of mixed reviews with the majority of the mix in the negative about it. I want to be able to say been there, done that at least once with this place.

Of course, I also plan on hitting the beach a couple of times (weather permitting of course).

I will be staying at the Princess Copacabana. I have been wrestling with the whole Apartment rental vs hotel thing, but for my virgin trip, I think a hotel would be best. I don't plan on bringing any girls back to the hotel, but just in case that plan changes I wanted to be at a place that is guest friendly. From all I read, this sounds like a good choice.

I don't really plan on any sightseeing outside of these activities, but again my options are open. It all depends on the energy level I have after putting the above plan in motion. I may be too tired to do little else in such a short time.

I was thinking about the whole cell phone rental thing and I just am not sure about it. I do plan a Termas trip and if I stick to plan won't need a cell phone for anything. However, should the plan change, I may need to have it. I suppose the cost is not too expensive that I probably should just get one.

I do have a couple of what may seem like dumb questions. I arrive in Rio on June 11th in the early morning. I figure if all goes well I will be at my hotel pretty early in the morning, well before check in time. I arrive in Rio at 7:30 AM. I am assuming that I could probably leave my luggage with the hotel and then go and kill some time here or there either going to get something to eat or maybe even a termas run. However my concern is I may feel like crud after just getting there and may want to shower, change clothes, maybe even sleep. I know, why would I want to do those things. I guess my question is how friendly are the hotels in letting guests check in early. I suppose I could book another night, but I would be essentially wasting most of it as I will not be there yet. Any suggestions.

The other question I have is regarding leaving. I leave the 15th like at 10 in the evening. I plan on doing a termas run that day before I leave. I am wondering which place would be the safest to leave my luggage at. I could leave it at the hotel, make a termas run, run back to the hotel and then to the airport. However depending on which termas I decide to hit, that could be a big pain and could cut into termas time. I have read in some reports where guys have taken their luggage to the termas and they lock it up and then leave from the termas to the airport. I would prefer to do that but am wondering about the safety. I know these are probably silly questions, but to this rookie, they are important.

I would like to say thanks to the many people on this board who have posted reports. I have been reading a lot and will continue to up until I head out. The information has been great. I just wonder after all the reading I have done which dumb mistake I will make and how many mistakes I will make.

Thanks again

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Almotu
05-15-07, 14:05
If you intend to come back to Rio more regularly (ie more than 2 trips per year) then I would keep to your schedule. If not then I propose quality versus quantity. Since you have less than 1 week, every experience that is sub-par will be magnified ten-fold IMHO. So I don't think you should go somewhere, do something just so that you can say you did. It can be a waste of time & money.

I agree Help, 4x4 and L'uomo are probably must-dos. But I would avoid Frank's and Barbarella's and I would stay away from Centaurus. I would add to your must-do list . . . a call to karlamodels (very economical . . . just be prepared for a plain girl next door type) and Termas Cancun in Centro.

As for checking in early, I don't think the Princess will be ready for you to do this. The last time I stayed there they gave me my room which still needed housekeeping at 1pm when I arrived. You might be able to go for a swim in the hotel pool to freshen up and clear any 'cobwebs' from your head after your long flight. I think you can get into L'uomo or Monte Carlo for a shower by 11am but I have never been to those places that early and you will have to pay admission.

When you leave you can bring your LOCKED lugguage to a terma downtown (ie. 4x4) and they will stow them in the locker room for you while you get your groove on. Then ask them to call you a taxi to get you to the airport. Downtown is closer to the airport than Copacabana.

Have Fun.

Loso69
05-15-07, 20:25
I will be going on a one month trip this Thursday (May 17). I should arrive in Sao Paulo at 6.50 PM and will be staying at the Mercure Apartments Central Towers (Paraiso) for 5 nights.

I will fly to Porto Alegre on May 22, where I’ll be staying for 3 nights.

After visiting Montevideo (3 nights), Buenos Aires (6 nights) and Asuncion (3 nights), I will make my way to Rio.

Depending on whether or not I can get to Foz do Iguaçu in time to catch the afternoon flight, I will arrive in Rio on June 6 or 7, and will stay until June 12.

On June 13, I’ll catch a bus back to SP, where I’ll be spending the final 2 nights of my trip before flying back home the evening of June 15.

If anyone wants to meet up at any stage, send me a PM.

Loso

RickMe
05-15-07, 23:32
Supahot,

You cannot receive PM for some reason.

Are you still around?

Exec Talent
05-16-07, 00:14
I think you can get into L'uomo or Monte Carlo for a shower by 11am but I have never been to those places that early and you will have to pay admission.

L'uomo opens up at 4:00 PM, MC at 3:00 PM.

Safado6
05-16-07, 04:19
I was thinking about the whole cell phone rental thing and I just am not sure about it. I do plan a Termas trip and if I stick to plan won't need a cell phone for anything. However, should the plan change, I may need to have it. I suppose the cost is not too expensive that I probably should just get one.
.[/blue][/size][/QUOTE]Orbell, I rented a cell last time I was in Rio, and it was a waste.

Your room will have a phone and answering service, so you will be able to keep in touch with any new friends you might meet.

Also if you want to save some money, sign up on the Monte carlo website.

The'll send you an email to print out and use as a coupon that will save you $R60.

Save money in one place spend in another, it all adds up.

Solarium does the same except all they give is a free beer, I think.

I'll be there 5 days after you leave.

Have a good trip.

www.termasmontecarlo.com.br

Off Road
05-17-07, 18:55
If you are here for just a week, and have an agenda all lined up, you will probably not want a cell phone.
If you are here longer, or plan to make any attempt to connect with another monger or a girl you really like, you WILL need communication.

I think rentals of cell phones are about $5 a day plus you have to buy minutes on a card.

The best option, is to have a USA phone that takes a SIM chip and get it 'unlocked'. Then you can purchase a chip here in Brazil for about $10 and then pay for the minutes as you would with a rental.

Unlocking phones is not difficult, if you are not sure, find a friend in the USA with a chip from another carrier and swap, see if it works or gives you a messsage about entering a security code. If you do not get connected, you have two options:
1. Contact your cell phone company and ask to unlock your phone, they might do this, depends on a lot of factors.
2. Google cell phone unlock, you will find a lot of sites and they will want $25 to help you unlock..

So.. you can rent for $5 a day or pay about $35 to get your phone unlocked and purchase a chip.. breakpoint is about a week..

Jan 156
05-18-07, 03:04
I was walking down Uruguiana today and guys with poster boards are advertising unlocking. It depends on your lifestyle here and phone of course, but if you have a very fancy quad phone it is a more attractive thing to steal. It may be insured, but getting the requisite police report form filled out takes several hours in Leblon. An old cheap and dirty phone is a good option - no-one wants to steal it. Meanwhile your quad phone is safe in your hotel/apto and can handle all your files, Bubba´s guide, mp3s (a pair of power speakers costs about 20R), maps, weather reports, whatever you use it for basically but don´t need to carry round.

Mr Enternational
05-18-07, 03:34
Off Road,

I finally got tired of my Treo being on the fritz in Brazil. For some strange reason, on each trip since Christmas, it would not pick up first signal until I entered the Metro at Siquiera Campos. So, I broke down and bought an unlocked el cheapo (R$ 129) from Lojas Americanas the other day. Plus like Chris said, it's better to leave the quad back at the home base in order to ward off evil doers.

If you are here for just a week, and have an agenda all lined up, you will probably not want a cell phone.

If you are here longer, or plan to make any attempt to connect with another monger or a girl you really like, you WILL need communication.

Jan 156
05-18-07, 03:50
well i´ve tried to add a long post but the frickin connection in this damn cafe keeps dropping so I´ll have to lose it for today

Almotu
05-18-07, 05:41
Sorry to get a little side tracked but I need some advice on cell phone use in Brazil.

I go to both Rio and Sao Paulo ... hope to add other Brazilian cities in the future. I will be in Sao Paulo in two weeks, and I was thinking of picking up a TIM sim card. Of course I will then get a Sao Paulo phone number. But I visit Rio more, so when I get there will my calls to local Rio cellphones be more expensive than if I had a Rio cell number instead?

How long can I keep my cell number if I am not in Brazil to recharge minutes? I will go to Sao Paulo once per every three trips to Rio, will I be better off with a Rio number (+21) than a SP number (+11)? Which carrier has the best coverage? the least expensive?

Thanks in advance.

Sperto
05-18-07, 06:48
I go to both Rio and Sao Paulo ... hope to add other Brazilian cities in the future. I will be in Sao Paulo in two weeks, and I was thinking of picking up a TIM sim card. Of course I will then get a Sao Paulo phone number. But I visit Rio more, so when I get there will my calls to local Rio cellphones be more expensive than if I had a Rio cell number instead?

How long can I keep my cell number if I am not in Brazil to recharge minutes?
When you go to Rio with your SP chip your outgoing local calls will be cheap. Incoming local calls will be expensive for the caller as they have to call to SP. If somebody in SP calls you when you're in Rio you have to pay for the SP-Rio.

This can be quite expensive if you go to a distant location, Manaus etc.

I think you can keep your TIM cell number for 3 months without recharging it. This is a problem for me as I have to get a new number every year.

I think you should have a Rio-chip if you spend more time in Rio. The girls hate to call expensive calls.

Off Road
05-18-07, 14:19
Sorry to get a little side tracked but I need some advice on cell phone use in Brazil.

How long can I keep my cell number if I am not in Brazil to recharge minutes? I will go to Sao Paulo once per every three trips to Rio, will I be better off with a Rio number (+21) than a SP number (+11)? Which carrier has the best coverage? the least expensive?

Thanks in advance.
I have a TIM chip for Rio as it gets the best reception in my building. Clario does not get a signal. I also have a Clairo chip for SP.
As Sperto said, you do have to use it like once every 60 or 90 days or they reuse the number.
I do carry my RAZR around with me, but do not bring it out that often and keep in my pocket, not on a clip.
There is a high potential for any phone to be stolen, I know a lot of guys and gals who have had even the cheap phones stolen. One GDP the other day told me her gringo client stole her phone, which was one of the R$120 types.

Insurance claims in the USA do not need a police report, as least with the company I had with Sprint. You just have to pay a $50 service fee.

I am not a super expert on phones, but know enough to flash,flex and seem edit a phone. (basically replacing the operating system, customizing then hex bit editing for fine tuning anything you want)..

Safado6
05-18-07, 16:53
I will be in Rio June 20th to the 28th and I'm planing to go to Aquarius and Areoporto among other places.

But I was hoping I could get some feed back on these two places since I have not been to either.

Thanks.

Pana Nyc
05-19-07, 10:14
I will be in Rio June 20th to the 28th and I'm planing to go to Aquarius and Areoporto among other places.

But I was hoping I could get some feed back on these two places since I have not been to either.

Thanks.
I was at Aquarius 12-06 last year and it was nice, I had a session with a 19y/o garota nice and thick with a big bunda the way Pana likes them. I did a Centro tour during that day and I had a session before at Club 31 2 hours before and than I stopped by Aquarius around 8pm and it was jumping better then what I seen when I stopped by at 5pm so if you go later there will be a better selection.

Jan 156
05-20-07, 03:56
OK here´s suggested dates for get togethers.

Sat 26th May Maracana (meet Midday, prob Siquera Campos area of Copa)

Wed 30th Sugar Loaf (meet 2pm, Prado Jnr area of Copa)

For Maracana, we´ll so some mongering between getting the tickets and watching the match. And then maybe some afterwards. For Sugar Loaf, we can go on to monger afterwards.

I´ll go with the most popular choice that everyone there decides on. From Sugar Loaf, anywhere is easy. From Maracana on a Saturday, there´s more logistics - Mimosa is closest (can someone remind me if Florida/Pr.Maua is open Saturdays and from what time?) or centro is do-able at a push.

I´ve chosen the dates when it seems the most people are available. If you are interested, please PM me and I´ll give you exact meet-up place and my cell within a day or two when I get your PM. I am assuming you have posted here at least a few times so I know you please.

A few pointers in case there´s any first timers.

Sugar Loaf you can be as touristy as you like. You might want to tone it down so we have more choices afterwards but you will want to bring a camera. If it is not easily concealed, I suggest a bag - either a mini rucksack(daypack) or a shoulder bag. Please bring some small bills or sufficient coins for the bus (2R each trip). Sugar Loaf is a short trip from Copa. Pictures of Copa from Sugar Loaf at sunset are truly amazing.

Maracana is more to it. I don´t suggest this strongly if you are only here for two or three days as there is always the possibility of cancellation or the match moving to another venue at the last minute to save money. Times can get changed too. Please dress streetwise. Secure pockets, not too much cash.Try not to talk in a loud voice (talking loudly comes natural to many Americans and is magnanimous and friendly, but in many countries, including Brasil, it can not only be offensive but signals you out as a tourist mark). Maracana is on the north of the city, west of Mimosa.

A match at Maracana is not like European football matches. There is no holiganism. The crowds are passionate but relaxed and friendly (my buddy and me picked up two American girls there last time). The stadium is the biggest in the world (capacity 96,000) and looks like a gigantic space ship docking craft. Supporters don´t just cheers - there is usually a drumming section in the crowds to enhance the excitement as their team moves forward. It is an amazing experience and a great day out to tell you mates about when you get home.

Hope to see ya soon

Daved
05-22-07, 03:28
Hey guy,

I'll be visiting Brazil (Sao Paulo, Rio, POA) in a few weeks. Not looking to troll the streets or do the clubs. Just looking for some incall service from reputable agencies. Can you fellows provide links or numbers to dependable providers?

Thanks in advance.

JW Capps
05-23-07, 14:50
Hey guy,

I'll be visiting Brazil (Sao Paulo, Rio, POA) in a few weeks. Not looking to troll the streets or do the clubs. Just looking for some incall service from reputable agencies. Can you fellows provide links or numbers to dependable providers?

Thanks in advance.Hi Daved - I am currenty in SP working and having fun. I don't speak any Portugese and so I only call the girls who speak decent English. I highly recommend the following two:

1) Fernanda - +11-9522-3628. She has photo on clubmodel website. She is beautiful, sweet and is excessive in sex; She likes to talk and she always is late to the appointment - one hour is normal for her. I have two sections with her and I highly recommend her. She charges R$350 for two hours in your hotel and R$250 at her flat in Moema.

2) Luize Muller -+11-7454-9020. She is also listed on the clubmodel website. She is beautiful and has a very nice body. I can't put my eyes off her curvy body and nice skin during the section. She is quiet during the section and she is my second choice. I will try to schedule a second appointment with her today.

If you have any questions, please email.

Good luck.

Almotu
05-23-07, 22:25
I will be in Sao Paulo from May 28 until June 5. If any ISG members want to get together and hang out, PM me.

Daved
05-24-07, 02:06
I will be in Sao Paulo from May 28 until June 5. If any ISG members want to get together and hang out, PM me.I'll be there on the 4th to the 6th. First time in this city. Want to meet up and show a new guy the ropes?

Almotu
05-24-07, 16:03
I am staying in the Paraiso/Jardins area. If I have the time I don't see why not but you have to join the forum in order to activate the private messaging function. That's the only way that we can get in touch initially. You should upgrade so that you can contact other ISG members as well.

Jayf1970
06-01-07, 18:01
Just landed in paradise. Staying in Copa. Would love to catch up over a drink or longer get togethers with fellow mongers. I´m not into orgies, though.

Jan 156
06-03-07, 00:32
Bubba´s report mentions a restaurant called Tia Palmira (top food experience)which is a bit of a hike (Barra d.Guaratiba). I am a fan of top cuisine however and don´t want to visit just to impress a garota. If anyone else is heavily (no pun intended) into food and would like to share a cab out there some time in June let me know. We could do a terma in Recreio or Barra on the way there or back.

This is more one for someone who is taking it easy than dashing in and out.

Euro100
06-03-07, 02:55
I am game. How about next Saturday?
euro

Surferr3
06-03-07, 03:36
Looking forward to a few nights in Sampa the 7th and 8th. If anyone is up for a beer or Bahamas send a PM. Would love a wingman in the worlds finest city!

Jan 156
06-04-07, 16:56
I am game. How about next Saturday?
euro

OK. I don´t know the Recreio / Barra clubs that well but did see an ad in O Globo that said Club 400 is open Saturdays now.

Shemp
06-05-07, 14:19
club 400 in barra is a swingers club on saturdays only-not a termas.

Jan 156
06-05-07, 18:10
club 400 in barra is a swingers club on saturdays only-not a termas.

Are you sure? How recent is your info? I don´t still have the ad (last week) but I got the imnpression it was now a terma after 8.30pm. Could be wrong.

Anyone been to Recreio or Barra termas recently? Need somewhere to do some action that end of town after Tia Palmira.

Straggler
06-08-07, 23:29
I have been taking notes on this website for a few months now and just upgraded my account.

This will be my first visit to Brazil. I'm landing in Manaus, then Rio, and finally Sao Paolo before heading home. I plan to get an apartment for a week in Rio. If any veteran mongers will be around I would not mind meeting for a beer and getting some pointers.

Bambino
06-11-07, 06:15
Straggler,

I've been doing the Brazil thing for 3 or 4 yrs. now. Been to Rio 8 times, SP 8, and also Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador and Porto Alegre. And have become fluent in the process.

My regular "wing man" has fallen for Colombia. So I will be solo on this one.

I just finalized my hotel plans for 7/13-7/28. I'll be at a new hotel (Sonesta) for 3d, and at Estanplaza Berrini for the rest. I know Estanplaza Paulista well (3 visits there). It's just 2 blocks off Paulista Ave. and near Ave. Agusta. It's a good choice.I stayed at Maksoud Plaza once. Just on the other side of Ave. Paulista. It's like an old, run down Grand Hyatt. Wouldn't recommend it.

I stayed once at Flats Green Place. Very nice. Good price, but in a rather "dead" neighborhood.

I may go up to Goiania or down to Sta. Catarina (a first). But I would certainly welcome a "wing man" in Sao Paulo.

The only reason I am not going to Rio is because the Pam Am games will be there. I am afraid everything will be more expensive and predatory. But if you happen to be there at the time, you will have a blast. Especially if it's your first time. The specifics I am talking about would probably not be noticed by you. Hell, it might just be more festive?!

Lemme me know if our schedules are similar...

Oh, and I have a lot of experiences with Rio hotels. About 5 of them. If you want, I'll mention a word or two about the places I know. Then, others here, may be inspired to chime in; making this a valuable exchange.

Although someone may make a case that this belongs in the "hotel" section. I think other relevant issues may come up that are of general interest. Since we are talking about your first trip. I think that is the essence of what this board can do for our fellow "hobbyist"...

Bambino
06-11-07, 06:35
And this is just RIO!!!

And only my humble selection of a tip of that great "Iceburg" known as Brazil!!!

Ordem e Progresso...!

Exec Talent
06-11-07, 07:47
And this is just RIO!!!

And only my humble selection of a tip of that great "Iceburg" known as Brazil!!!

Ordem e Progresso...!

Bambino,
Are these your original photos?

Bambino
06-11-07, 16:16
I've posted most of them in the photo section, but I'll be re-posting some again just because I'm getting excited!!!

Safado6
06-12-07, 15:17
Hey fellas, I am going to be in Rio June 23rd to the 29th.

Looking to see if anyone wants to take a trip to Ancoro do recreio.

And or maybe paris cafe in berra.

I never been to these termas before, and I know its a ways away from the safety of copa, safety HA!

So I thought id like to have a wingman!

Straggler
06-13-07, 22:21
Straggler,

Although someone may make a case that this belongs in the "hotel" section. I think other relevant issues may come up that are of general interest. Since we are talking about your first trip. I think that is the essence of what this board can do for our fellow "hobbyist"...Bambino,

I've seen postings where senior members scald lazy beginners for not checking out reports before asking a question that was just asked a week ago. For the record I've been researching this site for some time now and taken notes. My trip is coming up and I've decided to upgrade my account to make contact with senior mongers, solicit some good tips, and possibly take me under their wing.

I have 15 days to spend in Brazil, tentatively arrive in Manaus on 4 July. I'm getting the culture part of my trip out of the way first and check out the Amazon for the first 3-4 days. After that, it's on to Rio for 7 days of drunken debauchery. I know about the Pan Am Games and was planning to be in Rio till right before the actual start, 13 July. Then it's on to Sao Paolo, but I've also been thinking of Curitiba. My plan for Rio is to get an apartment in either Copacobana or Ipanema. There will be two of us, 2 single, straight, guys. Our preference is for an apartment so we do not have to pay the front desk every time we bring a girl home. If you know of a hotel that is very "girl-friendly" I'd be happy to hear about it. After we take care of the tourist stuff in the Amazon we're actually pretty flexible with our schedule.

So we're on the same page, the kind of girls we're interested in are like the ones you just posted. Cute to gorgeous; average to hard-body. Plus-size girls should be cute and able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose and swallow.

Any and all are welcome to PM me with suggestions and tips.

Thanks,

Straggler

Bambino
06-19-07, 06:43
Straggler,

It sounds like you guys will be arriving to SP the same day as I. For some reason the Curitiba side trip is sounding good. I would probably spend a few days in SP first. Just to adjust to the time thing. It hits me hard. I'm coming from the west coast. I've been to SP 6 times. I know a fair amount about it. But be sure to check out the Sao Paulo Guide, or perhaps it's called the Sao Paulo Directory. Look for it on the main Brazil page.

I'm posting here just in case our exchange might inspire others to talk it up, and make plans to meet up places. That really makes it more fun. And since my regular travel buddy is out this time, I would welcome the company. I even think it would be hilarious if someone else jumped in too. What a scene we could make at the clubs!!!

I have lots to tell you about Rio. You should solicit hotel/apt. questions from the Rio board. Or the Hotels Thread.

Bobby, at Blameitonrio4travel.com is good about knowing the girl friendly hotels. But so do all the regulars on the board. I know about Princess Copacabana, Rio Roiss, Sol Ipanema and the crappy ol Rio Copacabana.

I can also give you a very clear idea about the main Termas and what the areas are like (Copa vs. Ipanema. Lapa, Centro, etc.

Our issues may start to get specific. So maybe next time, I'll PM you?...

And a couple cuties from Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul. Lots of Italians and Germans down there. But they act like Brazileiras!!! The sweet thing on the phone invited me to the mountains for a few days. She was from an Escort agency, but in Law School...and the other one wanted to take me out to some clubs (the day I had to leave).

Spazzio
06-24-07, 09:42
Hi , I will be in Rio for first time, but in Brazil , I will go travel to SP after Rio. I like to explore the scene so if anybody can advice me send me.

[Email address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Spidermania33
06-29-07, 23:44
Hi everyone

I will be in SP 23rd to 24th of july. I hope to be staying near the domestic airport CGH. Please recomend places nearby orescorts who will come to hotel, my budget for mongering is R$ 100 - 150

If you have good advice please post a note PM me

Spidy

More Action
06-30-07, 13:16
I'm in Copa now for a few days. First time in Rio and looking for a wingman who might want to check out the L'Oumo today or Monday. (I think they're closed sunday?).

PM me and we can connect.

Sunset Strip
07-01-07, 21:39
Actually Luomo has traditionally been open on Sundays. And according to its website it still is. I usually only go on Sundays.

www.luomo.com.br

Straggler
07-03-07, 06:37
I had a snag with my visa for Brazil.

New plan: Fly to Buenos Aires, apply for Brazilian visa there. Be in Rio on or about this Friday. Sao Paolo/Curitiba trip probably cancelled now.

Straggler

Routard
07-03-07, 11:44
I'll be in Rio from July 16th til July 19th, if anyone is around, just PM.

Beukerd
07-03-07, 19:44
Gents,

I will be in Sao Paulo for November 20th & 21st. Then 5th till 10th I am to stay in Rio. (In between will be touring to Buenos Aires)

Since it is my first tour in Brazil and I know hardly any Portuguese (if none) but a little spanish, a wingman or better a tourguide would be of great help to me. Of course I am not stupid and I am prepared by all of you on this forum, but cruising is easier with 2 or more of you.

Also looking for perhaps sharing rent for an appartment in the second full week in Rio.

If anyone interested joining me in SP or Rio could let me know by PM. Even an expat or so living there locally.

Euro100
07-04-07, 00:39
... has always been open on Saturdays and Sundays. They close at midnight, though; so make sure you get there before 11 pm.

Chris H
07-04-07, 01:40
How about the Thermas in Centro, are all of them closed or just 4*4?

Chris H

Euro100
07-04-07, 05:53
the downtown termas live off the business people ... and those have no reason to come to downtown. 4*4 is for sure closed on the weekend, and many others are, too. If in doubt, consult Bubba's guide. He has all of the opening ours.

Voyajer1
07-04-07, 13:58
There are a few massage parlors open on Saturdays. Try the ones located on Rio Branco, buildings 156 and 181. They have many that are open for business on Saturdays. As far as the termas, the majority of them are closed; however, the massage parlors places take over for the termas. Try them...

Chris H

Chris H
07-04-07, 16:00
There are a few massage parlors open on Saturdays. Try the ones located on Rio Branco, buildings 156 and 181. They have many that are open for business on Saturdays. As far as the termas, the majority of them are closed; however, the massage parlors places take over for the termas. Try them...

Thanks for the info, and I guess I could hang out at VM for a little bit on the weekend.

Chris H

Straggler
07-06-07, 09:55
I had a snag with my visa for Brazil.

New plan: Fly to Buenos Aires, apply for Brazilian visa there. Be in Rio on or about this Friday. Sao Paolo/Curitiba trip probably cancelled now.

StragglerNew, new plan: Arrive Rio on 14 July, depart 17 July.

I thought this was going to be easy. My intended week-long stay in Rio has dwindled to only 3 nights. All because of the visa process. I thought I had all the necessary paperwork, but I have to return a second time. Due to some scheduling irregularities I am now going to Peru for a few days before heading to Rio. I´m still in Buenos Aires, but for some reason my account still wont let me post on that site. The 1 to 3 exchange rate for pesos is very nice.

I´m getting to Rio one way or another.

Straggler

Voyajer1
07-09-07, 02:31
Gentlemen: I was reading the Rio de Janeiro thread on another forum and ran across some strange info: Someone is claiming that 4 X 4 is going to be open on Saturdays during the Pan Am games. Can someone on the ground confirm this claim? I hope they REMAIN open on weekends after the games, it will definitely make my next visit a lot more memorable. Thanks.

Chris H

July Gan
07-09-07, 10:19
PM me if you want to meet for a drink any evening

Edward M
07-10-07, 01:02
Gentlemen: I was reading the Rio de Janeiro thread on another forum and ran across some strange info: Someone is claiming that 4 X 4 is going to be open on Saturdays during the Pan Am games. Can someone on the ground confirm this claim? I hope they REMAIN open on weekends after the games, it will definitely make my next visit a lot more memorable. Thanks.When I was there 2 weeks ago they had a sign about some special parties on Saturdays. I am not sure if it was every Saturday.

Biffy
07-10-07, 01:25
Where can I find a list of international destinations from Natal, excluding the UK which I'm flying in from?

Specifically is it possible to fly from Natal to Cartagena or Bogota? Direct that is, not via Sao Paulo or GIG?

Beach Star
07-10-07, 02:16
Where can I find a list of international destinations from Natal, excluding the UK which I'm flying in from?

Specifically is it possible to fly from Natal to Cartagena or Bogota? Direct that is, not via Sao Paulo or GIG?From Natal you can only fly international to Buenos Aires with 2 stops (GIG and GRU). You cannot fly direct to any other destination in South America.

Scotch
07-10-07, 13:56
I will be there From the 11th to July 20th, so if someone wants a drink or partners he can join me and my buddy.

Edward M
07-17-07, 03:30
And this is just RIO!

And only my humble selection of a tip of that great "Iceburg" known as Brazil!

Ordem e Progresso!Is pvtforweb132.jpeg Camila from L'uomo?

Tungurahua
07-21-07, 16:26
Greetings all. Pulled into Rio a couple days ago as part of a longer trip around South America. Staying in district Catete for 30R a night. As I am more of a budget-value shopper I will be checking out some of the cheaper places in Rio to nab a Brazilian tail or two. Other places I will simply scope out the scene as observer. Tonight I plan on visiting Help for a couple beers to see what it is all about. Will be in town for the next 2-3 weeks (perhaps longer).

Strangely enough I am feeling more social here (is it the air?) than in Buenos Aires so if you are up for a cheap wench let's meet to scour some cockroach-infested fuck dungeons. Or a beer in a pub / on a beach is good too.

For context -- including the all-important character reference -- my ISG-resume is largely contained on the Quito board. Examples being:

The 5-month Quito adventure summary: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=508771&postcount=14

The 3rd Capital Investment Report: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=508443&postcount=569

The 45-chica photo album: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=508800&postcount=138

The Quito Fuckclub List: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=604102&postcount=6

Ahh, life is good ...

Pyjama
08-06-07, 05:27
Staying in district Catete for 30R a night.
Still there? Or maybe you can tell us the name of that hotel or any contact info? I think once you said you were only fucking on site, but do you think this hotel was girlfriendly?

Thanks in advance

Pyjama

Lonzof
08-16-07, 00:50
For those of you who are looking to travel to Rio from major airports within the US, American has fares from $661. I would assume this is without taxes and airport fees. I don't work for American, but I received the email and wanted to pass it along. Here's the ad...

Special Offer from American Airlines: How HOT is this deal?
1 2 3 4 5 6

$661 & up -- Fly to Brazil from Across the U.S. (Roundtrip)*
Brazil

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
Travel dates: Aug. 31 - Oct. 27

Fly to Brazil on American Airlines this fall starting at just $661 roundtrip. From Aug. 31 - Oct. 27, you can visit Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro from 12 cities across the country. Typically these routes go for more than $900!
Travel is valid Monday through Thursday.
Note: There is limited availability from New York to Rio de Janeiro for departures on Sep. 10-13.

Sample fares (all roundtrip):

New York to Rio de Janeiro ... $661
Miami to Rio de Janeiro ... $661
Los Angeles to Rio de Janeiro ... $711
San Francisco to Rio de Janeiro ... $711
Boston to Sao Paulo ... $726
Atlanta to Sao Paulo ... $766

Monger X
08-16-07, 19:08
Will be in SP area from 8/19-23; PM me on this site and lets see if I can shake loose from my associates for a night so I can sample some SP fun.

Ark1311
08-17-07, 16:46
I'm travelling to Rio from Sept 29 - Oct 7 and as I newby in Rio looking to meet some guys to form a posse. If interested email me back.

Mwgmwg
08-18-07, 21:42
This will be my 10+ trip. I spend my days in Centro touring the low to middle places and come to Copa late at night.

Fun And Sun
08-21-07, 02:04
Will be in Rio on the above dates if anyone is interested in catching up for a few beers and some war stories with like minded individuals, and maybe a trip to VM since safety in numbers, or just sleazing around a bit at a Terma or at Help.

Just send me a PM if you're in town and interested in meeting up.

Pipe Layer99
08-29-07, 08:33
I'll be on my 3rd trip to Rio. I leave tomorrow and arrive on 30 Aug. I'll be there for 10 days. If anyone wants to meet up to go to a Terma, hang out at TA or Balcony, let me know. I'll check ISG and PMs from there.

Later, Donnie

Helpmann
09-05-07, 12:54
Hi All,

I am in Rio November 15 - 19, with the intention of returning to 2a2, the swing club in Copacabana. Like my trip last year, I will be escorted by a Karla/Scort Show girl. If anyone has similar plans and will be in Rio that Thursday - Saturday night, please let me know. Two girls is always better than one.

Regards,
Helpmann :)

Ascunion77
09-11-07, 04:03
I'm new to this forum but have been to Rio several times. I will be in Rio September 14-23. Give me a shout out if your visiting the same time.

StickShifterX
09-14-07, 09:01
I'm new to this forum but have been to Rio several times. I will be in Rio September 14-23. Give me a shout out if your visiting the same time.Yes I am there 19th Sept - 1st Oct. Been many times. From UK.

Que Rico
09-16-07, 02:14
Hey,

I'm torn between these months. I'm not thinking carnival or New years but in the summer and high time with nice3 weather. I'm looking for a reason to pick a date any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone going on these months?

QR

Junior
09-16-07, 06:10
Hi Guys,

I will be going to Rio for the first three weeks of December. If anyone is around and interested in a wingman drop me a PM. I am a Rio regular and speak portuguese. My preference is for the termas.

Junior

Rio Bob
09-16-07, 18:43
hey,

i'm torn between these months. i'm not thinking carnival or new years but in the summer and high time with nice3 weather. i'm looking for a reason to pick a date any help would be greatly appreciated. anyone going on these months?

qr

first keep in mind that in 2008 carnaval weekend is february 1 - 5, its very early this year.

also the annual summer season migration of garotas from all over brasil and the world to rio starts slowly the beginning of november picking up speed for new years and then for carnaval.

so imho then mid january 2008 should be close to peak capacity of garotas in rio from all over brasil waiting for carnaval and the easy pickin gravy train of drunken carnaval tourists looking to spend their loot.

although mid january will have many tourists because its mid summer and high season it won’t compare to the amount that will be there for carnaval and i believe that most of the working girls that are going to be there for carnaval would already be there in mid january. so the ratio should be in our favor with a good stock of what brasil has to offer and a bargaining advantage in our favor.

the weather in december and january should be about the same, maybe january a little warmer. i prefer the hot weather because then the beaches will be crowded, one of the reasons i go to rio is because i enjoy the beach and i enjoy hot days and beaches crowded with local garotas and tourists alike. to me there is nothing worse then walking on an empty beach in rio, who knows you can even get lucky with some non pro sunbathers either brazilian or from elsewhere.

on the other hand if you are the type of guy who mongers in centro or vm then none of this matters.

Beukerd
09-17-07, 21:14
I'm looking forward to my first trip to Brasil. From second week of October I will be in Sao Paulo and later in Curitiba / Floripan, ending the tour in Rio first days of November.

Anyone care for joining me for some beers and some wandering some night in one of these places. As I am new to the business in BRA I could use some sort of guide. I understand places all need their own approach.

Anyone care to join for some drinks and some action sometime this period?

Thanks

Felocity
09-21-07, 19:54
An airline ticket to Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo. Departure from the east coast on an American carrier. PM me for details (leave telephone number).

Best offer accepted.

Felocity

JuiceGuy
09-23-07, 08:03
My wingman and I will be in Rio for our first time September 23-30. Let me know if anyone wants to get together for a few beers. Staying at the Sheraton in Copa.

PM me if you want to hang out at all. Had a great time with Petey Peso, who I met on the board, a few months ago in Costa Rica.

Antgreg
09-25-07, 14:11
Hey,

I'm torn between these months. I'm not thinking carnival or New years but in the summer and high time with nice3 weather. I'm looking for a reason to pick a date any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone going on these months?

QRI'm going the 3rd or 2nd week in Jan.

If you are going during these weeks let me know, we can meet up.

Hojeobrigado
10-04-07, 04:21
ok fellows here we go-----

oct 11..... solarium, then helpee (hotel princess copacabana)
oct 12..... quatro por quatro, then rio scenarium
oct 13.... luomo, then shenanigans (or escola de samba or futebol, depending)
oct 14 drive to belo
oct 15 el cheapo fuck joints (rua guaicurus), the ouro preto
oct 16 el cheapo fuck joints, then more turismo, then fascinacao
oct 17 drive to vitoria, then help?
oct 18, 19, 20 drive to r&r at a friends posada in cabo frio
oct 21 return to rio, hotel ipanema tower, hopefully hook-up with gdp from previous week
oct 22 quatro por quatro, then helpee (or elswhere if gfe from previous)
oct 23, luomo, then fly at 23:00

4th trip to rio, wouldn't enter centarus if forced too again, will at ho beach and/ or mp most afternoons trying to kill a few hours.

thanks to all the great posts, will promise pics etc on return, if time will post as i go results. look me up if you see me along the way, old, fat, gringo, with delusions of youth while loaded up on choppe and vitamin v!

cheers,

hoje

Brazil Specialist
10-05-07, 00:18
I'm looking forward to my first trip to Brasil. From second week of October I will be in Sao Paulo and later in Curitiba / Floripan, ending the tour in Rio first days of November.

Anyone care for joining me for some beers and some wandering some night in one of these places. As I am new to the business in BRA I could use some sort of guide. I understand places all need their own approach.

Anyone care to join for some drinks and some action sometime this period?

Thanks

I live in Rio, 2 blocks from Help. I am almost always around.

I rent out 2 suites with own bath in my penthouse apartment, with excellent internet, US phone line, 500 sq feet varanda, and me as the resident guide.

I don't guarantee my personal guidance but usually I have plenty of time to give orient and help to people who rent.

Independently of any commercial relation, we share the common interest in girls, thus you guys are welcome to stop over during your trip to Rio just to say hi.

I am interested in visiting Curitiba. Though I am quite busy, it is possible someone convince me to join them on a trip there. Curitiba is a modern, clean city, a world model city for recycling, public transport and city planning. And has great girls, more European, cheaper then Rio.

http://www.classisex.com.br/amodelos2.html

Phunluv
10-06-07, 20:36
Hello gents,

my apologies if this has been discussed already ad nauseum. I've been to Colombia 4 times the past year but have yet been to Brazil/Rio.

Basically, I'm thinking about a trip to Cartagena (Colombia) or RIO for early 2008. Since I don't get many vacation days from the job, I always travel around a holiday weekend to maximize what I do have so I'm looking at going down around either MLK or President's Day.

Do you guys think that would be a good time to go in terms of selection of garotas? I don't want to deal with the craziness, overpricing, and the crowds of Carnival but it would be nice to go around a time when there's relatively more ladies around looking for work and not enough guys which keeps prices reasonable if you know what i mean. . .

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Off Road
10-06-07, 21:21
Hello gents,

my apologies if this has been discussed already ad nauseum. I've been to Colombia 4 times the past year but have yet been to Brazil/Rio.

Basically, I'm thinking about a trip to Cartagena (Colombia) or RIO for early 2008. Since I don't get many vacation days from the job, I always travel around a holiday weekend to maximize what I do have so I'm looking at going down around either MLK or President's Day.

Do you guys think that would be a good time to go in terms of selection of garotas? I don't want to deal with the craziness, overpricing, and the crowds of Carnival but it would be nice to go around a time when there's relatively more ladies around looking for work and not enough guys which keeps prices reasonable if you know what i mean. . .

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Good time to come. Summer, nice, girls will be here post Carnival (Feb 1-5)

Lonzof
10-07-07, 04:36
Well gents, I finally bit the bullet and purchased my ticket to Rio. I will be there Jan 20-25 which is earlier than my original plan of mid March. Each time I've been to Rio the beach has been weak, gringo population low which is good, and the woman to man ratio at the termas is usually 10:1. The reason for my early venture back to Brazil is get some of the out of town pre-carnival garotos and to witness and enjoy the crowded beaches. See you in Rio.

JoshJosh69
10-10-07, 15:00
I will arrive in rio on this saturday for the 28th time. Looking to go to vm with someone. Pm me

Bizzie
10-11-07, 04:40
I will be visiting for a few days.
Anyone wanna grab a drink or a GDP, lets try to get together.

Romulus88
10-15-07, 02:30
If anyone is in town and wants to hang out or meet up for a drink or go to a terma, PM me.

I'll be here from Oct 14-23 and was hoping to meet up with fellow mongers for some fun.

Brian

Daidalus
10-16-07, 05:09
I will be returning to Rio for a 24hr stop over some time between the 9th and 12th of November.

I will be staying in the Copacabana area.

My first trip was solo and I did not have a clue as I had yet to discover this forum.
I realize no one here knows me from Adam but if anyone is interested in getting together for a beer Terma GDP etc. Please feel free to PM me. I speak passable English poor Spanish and zero porugese.

I met a couple of forum members in Israel and it was quite entertaining.

Pipe Layer99
10-16-07, 05:45
My 4th trip is planned from 8 - 19 Nov. Any of you fellas want to meet up to hit the termas, Help, or hang out at TA and judge the talent, let me know.

Donnie D

Pix 13
10-16-07, 13:23
Donnie D,

I will be in Rio from the 7th to 19th Nov with my buddy, will be great to hang out with a fellow Board Member, lets have a brew when you get to town.

Acenva
10-16-07, 19:31
I will be in Rio from the 3rd to the 13th in the Copa area traveling solo. I am looking for fellow mongers to go to VM or Central with. I have been down a few times this year. Private message me or meet up at MP on November 3 around 5pm or so. Got to get the take out from Karlas Models to get over jet lag. 17 days and counting till paridise. Save some of the rides for me.

Pipe Layer99
10-17-07, 04:32
Do you get PMs on here? If so, I will send you my Rio cell number when I get there. I get in on the 8th and should have a phone by that afternoon.

If you get a phone upon arrival, send me your cell number via ISG PM and I'll call you when I get there.

Dude, we are gonna have a blast. I'm already hooking with with fellow mongers, plus I have a wingman arriving from 13 - 19 Nov. Donnie

QUOTE=Pix 13]Donnie D,

I will be in Rio from the 7th to 19th Nov with my buddy, will be great to hang out with a fellow Board Member, lets have a brew when you get to town.[/QUOTE]

Bill1963
10-20-07, 03:28
I will arrive October 29th and will stay 5 days in COPA.

Anyone wanna go check out the local talent?

Good N Plenty
10-23-07, 23:39
I will be in Rio from the 3rd to the 13th in the Copa area traveling solo. I am looking for fellow mongers to go to VM or Central with. I have been down a few times this year. Private message me or meet up at MP on November 3 around 5pm or so. Got to get the take out from Karlas Models to get over jet lag. 17 days and counting till paridise. Save some of the rides for me.What or where is MP, Acenva?

Off Road
10-24-07, 10:54
What or where is MP, Acenva?
Meia Pataca, Restaraunt close to Help on Ave Atlantica, one of the girl friendly hangouts. Popular afternoons and evenings until crowd moves to TA, Terraça Atlantica about 10pm.

Almotu
10-26-07, 05:55
I am once again getting into Rio by bus from Sao Paulo. Not sure what the name of the bus station in Rio is but I need to get from there to Copacabana with two carry ons and 1 rolling suitcase. The last time I did this was a few years ago and I remember the taxi ride into Copacabana was like $R35 yet the whole 6 hour trip from Sao Paulo was only $R60! Any pointers on a cheap option would be greatly appreciated by this frugal traveller.

Sperto
10-26-07, 06:15
I am once again getting into Rio by bus from Sao Paulo. Not sure what the name of the bus station in Rio is but I need to get from there to Copacabana with two carry ons and 1 rolling suitcase. The last time I did this was a few years ago and I remember the taxi ride into Copacabana was like $R35 yet the whole 6 hour trip from Sao Paulo was only $R60! Any pointers on a cheap option would be greatly appreciated by this frugal traveller.
Just outside the rodoviaria there is AC-buses, company Real. Just like the buses leaving from the airport. You can't miss them. Ask for the Frescão.
BTW, a taxi from the rodoviaria to Copa shouldn't cost more than R$ 20, that is if you pick one passing on the street and not buying a taxi-ticket from the rip-off boots inside the rodoviaria.

Exec Talent
10-26-07, 08:46
Just outside the rodoviaria there is AC-buses, company Real. Just like the buses leaving from the airport.
BTW, a taxi from the rodoviaria to Copa shouldn't cost more than R$ 20, that is if you pick one passing on the street and not buying a taxi-ticket from the rip-off boots inside the rodoviaria.

My girl and I paid R$22 -25 several times. There was no ticket to buy as I remember, but they would not use the meter. She knows how I feel about taxi rip-offs and negotitated the rate.

BTW, ages ago I had a bag stolen while in a train station in a what is supposed to be a first-world country. At the Rio bus station, a few dollars was not enough for me to risk the laptop in my bag among other things.

Good N Plenty
10-26-07, 19:48
Arrive Rio first of month! Read tons of stuff, want to hit the ground running. Looking to strategize with someone over some cerveza & grub! Interested in touring Centro termas before locals get off work ie 4X4. PM me.

Mwgmwg
10-28-07, 19:59
Rio - 10+ trip, staying in Copa. Daytime and early evenings will be spent in Centro touring the $1R+ per minute places, apartments, an afternoon or two at Termas Cancun (Wiskeria), and an obligatory visit to 4 x 4. Beach - I prefer Poste 9 in Ipanema, near Cesar Park Hotel, I will be at the beach on weekends.

Evenings - Tired of Terraco Atlantico (sitting in chairs talking to guys sucks) but I will show up once or twice, I will be at the Balcony (north end of Copa near Prado Junior. Balcony has nice girls and everyone talks to everyone, also the the girl prices are a lot lower. Balcony gets going early (8pm) and and goes to 3 pm or so.

Sao Paulo - On Nov 14, three friends (2 live in Brazil) travel by bus to SP. We will be visiting the low to mid end places (not Cafe Foto, etc).

I have a Brazilian mobile, PM me if you want to meet up in Centro, Balcony, or in SP.

Jan 156
10-29-07, 19:40
Not sure what the name of the bus station in Rio is but I need to get from there to Copacabana with two carry ons and 1 rolling suitcase.

'Rodoviaria Novo Rio'. Probably not a prob for you, but easy to get off at the wrong 'Rodoviaria' if you are getting a local Rio bus there. The Niteroi rodoviaria also looks annoyingly similar and I woke up and jumped off there once (duh!).

It sounds worth a taxi for all that luggage. 20R is near enough the official rate, but it might be more if there's heavy traffic. I have a mindset for ordering taxis. I ask or tell them to put the meter on like an it's an instruction that I don't expect them to argue with. The slightest hesitation on their part I just just walk off without a word. There's always lots of taxis, especially at the big exit by the (local) bus station. That's the exit with nice shower facilities on the upper floor, not the exit near the shops selling overpriced Red Bull.

El Austriaco
10-29-07, 22:44
'Rodoviaria Novo Rio'. Probably not a prob for you, but easy to get off at the wrong 'Rodoviaria' if you are getting a local Rio bus there. The Niteroi rodoviaria also looks annoyingly similar and I woke up and jumped off there once (duh!).

It sounds worth a taxi for all that luggage. 20R is near enough the official rate, but it might be more if there's heavy traffic. I have a mindset for ordering taxis. I ask or tell them to put the meter on like an it's an instruction that I don't expect them to argue with. The slightest hesitation on their part I just just walk off without a word. There's always lots of taxis, especially at the big exit by the (local) bus station. That's the exit with nice shower facilities on the upper floor, not the exit near the shops selling overpriced Red Bull.
At Rodoviaria Novo Rio, you can buy cab vouchers inside, and the rates are perfectly fine (more or less R$ 20.00 for a trip to Copacabana; at least, that's what it was last year). I prefer that to hailing a (possibly wildcat) cab out in the street, and since the ride is prearranged, you don't really have to worry about them using a meter or not or trying to rip you off, otherwise.

EA

Good N Plenty
10-29-07, 22:57
At Rodoviaria Novo Rio, you can buy cab vouchers inside, and the rates are perfectly fine (more or less R$ 20.00 for a trip to Copacabana; at least, that's what it was last year). I prefer that to hailing a (possibly wildcat) cab out in the street, and since the ride is prearranged, you don't really have to worry about them using a meter or not or trying to rip you off, otherwise.

EAWhat does a voucher cost from GIG to Posto 5? Or should I just go upstairs & get a metered cab? What about taking the REAL bus with $US1500.00 on me?

Almotu
10-29-07, 23:09
Just outside the rodoviaria there is AC-buses, company Real. Just like the buses leaving from the airport. You can't miss them. Ask for the Frescão.
Thanks for everyone that offered their preference.
Sperto, if I took this AC bus, where do they drop off. I am not staying at a tourist hotel but at an apartment close to HELP.

Sperto
10-30-07, 07:31
Thanks for everyone that offered their preference.
Sperto, if I took this AC bus, where do they drop off. I am not staying at a tourist hotel but at an apartment close to HELP.
The Frescão from the Airport goes to Copa passing Av Atlântica, but the Frescão from the Rodoviaria pass Rua Barata Ribeiro. You better get of just before the tunnel (Túnel Pref Sá Freire Alvim) at Rua Miguel Lemos. Getting of just after the tunnel is also OK, but then you might have to pass just by the entrance to the favela Canta Galo. That might not be so good if you're carrying all your luggage.

Off Road
10-30-07, 17:24
What does a voucher cost from GIG to Posto 5? Or should I just go upstairs & get a metered cab? What about taking the REAL bus with $US1500.00 on me?
Take a metered cab, took one last night, was R$37 to Copa.

Almotu
10-30-07, 19:36
The Frescão from the Airport goes to Copa passing Av Atlântica, but the Frescão from the Rodoviaria pass Rua Barata Ribeiro. This info was crucial, thanks Sperto. It would have been a long trek. I'll spend the $R20-25 for the taxi. I'll check the pricing on the vouchered cabs.

El Austriaco
10-30-07, 19:46
What does a voucher cost from GIG to Posto 5? Or should I just go upstairs & get a metered cab? What about taking the REAL bus with $US1500.00 on me?
Vouchered cabs from the AIRPORT (GIG) cost way more than metered cabs, just like white and silver cabs, so that's what I would recommend: stick to regular yellow cabs only. As to whether the REAL bus is safer or more recommendable than a cab or not, opinions differ (we just had a discussion on this here recently). Although I personally haven't taken it (I always use a trusted cabbie from the airport to go toCopacabana), please note that yes, some cabs with tourists traveling to their ZS hotel have been held up in the past, and yes, they have lost cash, luggage, cameras, whatever not. Check the Rio Crime and Safety section.

Hope this helps,

EA

Pipe Layer99
10-30-07, 21:37

Go upstairs and get a metered cab. Be sure to put your luggage in the trunk and your carry on bag on the floor. As an added security measure, lock the doors of the cab.

Yes, the vouchers cost more. A bus might work, but its a longer ride.

See you soon Bro. DD

Bizzie
10-31-07, 00:03
Go upstairs and get a metered cab. Be sure to put your luggage in the trunk and your carry on bag on the floor. As an added security measure, lock the doors of the cab.

Yes, the vouchers cost more. A bus might work, but its a longer ride.

See you soon Bro. DD

I agree. If a newbie has any real luggage (not a backpack!), then going upstairs to 'Arrivals' and catching a yellow cab is the least hassle free way to get to copa.
May be different for the seasoned Rio mongers.

Dee Shoom
11-08-07, 03:29
Members of the Monger Fellowship, I've been reading reports for what seems like forever and I've finally decided to take the plunge. My plans involve visiting SP starting later this week.

I'd welcome the company of any fellow mongers who may be in Sao Paulo and would like to meet up for a beverage/strategy-session/mongering. It would be good to discuss current options, particularly given the recent shut downs.

Feel free to send me a PM. Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Slimtower
11-12-07, 01:53
Third time to Brazil. Still fairly new to game I guess you can say. Did help the first two times I went but after reading all these wonderful things about the termas and all I looking for a new expierience. I coming down to Rio Dec 6-11th. Anybody up to check out some spots with me. I speak a little portugeuse/spanish.

Helpmann
11-13-07, 03:41
Helpmann's Back!

I am in Rio Thursday - Monday. If anyone's in Rio this weekend, let me know.

Helpmann :D

Junior
11-14-07, 17:43
Hi,

I will be in Rio most of december. If anyone is interested in joining up for Terma trip or similar drop me a PM.
I have been to Rio many times and am a Terma fan. I speak portuguese and know the city pretty well.

Junior

Jaimito Cartero
11-15-07, 19:50
I'll be in Sao Paulo in the week after Thanksgiving, and then down to Rio for a week or so. About 15 days total.

Big Aussie
11-15-07, 20:19
Hi Junior,

I will be in Rio for the first time between Dec 9th and 12th, I would very much like to meet up with a fellow monger to show me the ropes so to speak and observe the ticks of the trade so to speak within the Termas. I have read Bubba's report but as I will be alone a wing man always comes in handy.

Cheers,

Big Aussie

Dcsplicer
11-16-07, 04:49
I'll be in Rio Nov. 22-28. PM me if you want to grab a chopp or two.

HoleRanger
11-16-07, 15:49
Just wondering if any other members will be in Rio for this event;)

Enjoy!

Dcsplicer
11-16-07, 21:29
When is it? What is it? And where is it?
The name sounds good though.

Enjoy!

Junior
11-17-07, 05:57
Hi Junior,

I will be in Rio for the first time between Dec 9th and 12th, I would very much like to meet up with a fellow monger to show me the ropes so to speak and observe the ticks of the trade so to speak within the Termas. I have read Bubba's report but as I will be alone a wing man always comes in handy.

Cheers,

Big Aussie

Hi Aussie,

Australians are the greatest, so I look forward to you company. Please drop me a PM som we can arrange the details.

Junior

Nimms
11-18-07, 05:26
I've been to Copa several times, but we always go through a guy that charges us too much for an Apt. Any recommendations on a service we could use to book an Apt
on short notice Nov 29 - Dec 4. 2 Bedrooms a +

Thanks,

Nimms

Que Rico
11-18-07, 06:21
Hey Mongrs,

Nice forum I'm planning on staying in Ipanema for 9days in January, been reading alot here and took a 10 week portuguese class. Anyone going this time throw me a message Id like to have a drink with some like minded individuals. QR

Svengal
11-18-07, 16:29
Hey Mongrs,

Nice forum I'm planning on staying in Ipanema for 9days in January, been reading alot here and took a 10 week portuguese class. Anyone going this time throw me a message Id like to have a drink with some like minded individuals. QRHow did this work out for you? Do you feel like you got a hold of the language? Do you know how to say "No thank you, you're bunda is not big enough for me"? I'm considering taking a 10 day class myself.

Off Road
11-19-07, 05:01
I've been to Copa several times, but we always go through a guy that charges us too much for an Apt. Any recommendations on a service we could use to book an Apt
on short notice Nov 29 - Dec 4. 2 Bedrooms a +

Thanks,

Nimms
so you want 2 bedrooms and what is A+

Hobbying
11-19-07, 17:16
I'll be there for new years, should be interesting to see how they do it down there. I plan on bringing in 2008 with a bang lol.

Spinnerman
11-21-07, 19:10
I'll be in Copacabana Nov 28th to Dec 13th.

My 8th trip.

I'll be there again Jan 24th to Feb 25th, my 20 year old son will be joining me for three weeks, his first trip. We have a 2 Br Apt rented.

And my plan is to move to Ipanema semi-permanently Oct 1 2008.

Que Rico
11-22-07, 17:05
How did this work out for you? Do you feel like you got a hold of the language? Do you know how to say "class my No thank you, you're bunda is not big enough for me"? I'm considering taking a 10 day self.Hey to answer your question: I have the pronunciation down, Its helps alot to translate my spanish to port.like cuidade spanish is sue-dod-e Portuguese is sue da-gee I think thats right? The class will help alot Its just a local class in a high school $89.

Nao obrigado, vo.says bunda moy-to grande now gawshtoo. Voce bunda muito grande nao gosto, I guess I'll be speaking something like that, my hybrid portuspanglish combined with hand signals and cheat sheets and reais! Only problem is I donbt know any slang I'll have to check out the phrases section. QR

Slimtower
11-24-07, 01:42

My 8th trip.

I'll be there again Jan 24th to Feb 25th, my 20 year old son will be joining me for three weeks, his first trip. We have a 2 Br Apt rented.

And my plan is to move to Ipanema semi-permanently Oct 1 2008.I'll been in Copa from Dec6-11th.

July Gan
11-29-07, 00:13
I will be in Rio from 13th to 16th December. Anybody up for a cervejinha at 4X4 or L´uomo?

July Gan
11-29-07, 17:35
How do I get in touch with you, I cannot send you a PM

Me and my cousin will be in Rio from Dec. 7 - 20th.

I'm definately up for 4X4 and L´uomo.

I've been to 4x4 before, but never L´uomo's, Monte Carlo's, etc., etc.

JohnnyBraz
11-30-07, 09:51
Hi Junior,

Cheers,

Big AussieA true aussie, city man, not country. Will be in Rio from 17th of febuary till 7 th March, going to hit the beach, mo, help etc. Anyone else from my neck of the world there at that time pm me.

Pipe Layer99
11-30-07, 21:52
Drop me a message:

try something like: romello202 at yahoo dot com
or post a phone number.

JohnnyBraz
12-01-07, 07:42

Enjoy!Will be there just after, arrive on Sunday 17th of febuary. Till 7th of March. If you are there still then send me a pm, and we will hook up for a beer in mp.

Daidalus
12-02-07, 04:51
After three aborted attempts to get to Rio. It looks like I will finally make it.

I will be there on the night of the 18th Dec (Copa) if anyone is interested in getting together for a beer and maybe a Terma or two.

In Israel they called me Osama, In Ghana it was Jesus, Canada Jerry Garcia,
Japan it was Santa. Will have to wait and see what the Garotas call me in Rio apart from scary.

PM me if interested in meeting up.

I won't have a local cell phone but my regular one works there.

Que Rico
12-04-07, 04:59
After three aborted attempts to get to Rio. It looks like I will finally make it.

I will be there on the night of the 18th Dec (Copa) if anyone is interested in getting together for a beer and maybe a Terma or two.

In Israel they called me Osama, In Ghana it was Jesus, Canada Jerry Garcia,
Japan it was Santa. Will have to wait and see what the Garotas call me in Rio apart from scary.

PM me if interested in meeting up.

I won't have a local cell phone but my regular one works there.How about Cristoinho?

Thats very funny.

JohnnyBraz
12-10-07, 04:19

My 8th trip.

And my plan is to move to Ipanema semi-permanently Oct 1 2008.I arrive early evening from sydney australia on feb 17th. If you wanna meet for beer in mia pataca get in touch. Will go there on my first night then head to help. Then fuck any women that is a nine or above and as many as I can.

Felipe2006
12-11-07, 02:14
I will be in Rio from 13th to 16th December. Anybody up for a cervejinha at 4X4 or L´uomo?Hello JulyGan,

I am in Argentina now and will be in Rio for three days 14-17 December. Meet on Saturday 15th? I sent you PM.

Suerte,

Felipe

Lonzof
12-12-07, 05:10
I will be in Rio during this time and if any of you mongers want to explore areas outside of zona sol, pm me. I typically flew solo but a wingman for a day or two maybe of benefit. Later

Lonzof

Que Rico
12-21-07, 01:12
Hi Gents,

I'll be and Rio staying in ipanema on the 10th of January, I can't find a single person on the internet who will be in town this time! Looking for like minded people to contact and share ideas and perhaps a beer. I'm from NJ late 30's fun, good with the ladies not big on drink/drugs but like to party, termas, helpe ext. Anyone coming this time send me a shout! J

Jan 156
12-22-07, 21:18
Anyone up for sharing some cultural stuff mid to late jan give me a PM. eg Teatro Municipal / ballet / opera - I haven't checked the listings so if you can be so kind even better. Or dance stuff at one of the smaller theatres such as Copa or Largo do Machado with maybe Porcau thrown in afterwards?

My Porto's not good enough to enjoy spoken word theatre, but I enjoy a bit of high brow in between slumming the tastier delicacies of carioca bunda. And to me it's more like sharing friendship than just going on a tour of termas together, which is a pretty solo activity (unless anyone knows of some good orgies without going miles and miles away).

Jazzy Daddy
12-22-07, 23:52
I'll be in Rio for my 4th trip on Jan. 17th. I'd happy to check out some high brow i.e., ballet, music, etc. I'll look to see what's going on...

www.plataforma1.com.br
www.mnba.gov.br
www.theatromunicipal.rj.gov.br)
http://www.theatromunicipal.rj.gov.br/programacao.asp

Jan 156
12-23-07, 10:07
I'll be in Rio for my 4th trip on Jan. 17th. I'd happy to check out some high brow i.e., ballet, music, etc. I'll look to see what's going on...

www.plataforma1.com.br
www.mnba.gov.br
www.theatromunicipal.rj.gov.br)
http://www.theatromunicipal.rj.gov.br/programacao.asp

great stuff - look forward to it (plataforma is naff tho, very touristy, but if you dance or are genuinely a samba addict I'd fancy a beija-flor rehearsal party).

Pantsonfire
12-23-07, 15:24
Hi all. New here first post. Taking my first trip to Rio in February. 5 days in Rio and 4 in Buzios. Bubba's report covered all on Rio. What a great read. Looking for info on Buzios.

Thanks

Hobbying
12-26-07, 21:12
I'll be in SP for new years, anyone else?

Thanos
12-27-07, 21:24
Hi all. New here first post. Taking my first trip to Rio in February. 5 days in Rio and 4 in Buzios. Bubba's report covered all on Rio. What a great read. Looking for info on Buzios.

ThanksIf you're going to Buzios best take a girl with you. Very little mongering going on there. Buzios is a quiet beach retreat for romance. If its your first trip you'd be better served to just stay in Rio.

Pantsonfire
12-29-07, 01:45
If you're going to Buzios best take a girl with you. Very little mongering going on there. Buzios is a quiet beach retreat for romance. If its your first trip you'd be better served to just stay in Rio.Thanos thanks.

Member #4042
01-03-08, 08:05
Going to Rio again.

Alone this time ( at least until the 28th) when my wingman arrives from Houston. I speak portuguese, spanish and some english.

Want to visit Termas, Downtown *****houses listings ( to save money), Samba City and normal tourist destinations.

Anybody who would like to hang out and explore?

Let me know.

Rod

Jan 156
01-04-08, 00:33
Want to visit Termas, Downtown *****houses listings ( to save money), Samba City and normal tourist destinations.

Anybody who would like to hang out and explore?

Samba City, like Plataforma, is a rip-off, but you do get to see some decent samba at the inflated admission prices and it is much more fun if you go with a crowd (When I went, most of the patrons were overweight overpaid Brasilians). If you feel a bit braver you can get a more carioca atmosphere by going to a rehearsal night for one of the main schools. It will cost very little other than the slightly exhorbitant arrangement fee. Ask at the Riotur office on Princesa Isabel and they'll point you to a specialist tour operator half way along Copa who will drive you there in safety with some other people. You don't need a wingman, just a love of samba.

Mr Enternational
01-04-08, 01:20
Samba City, like Plataforma, is a rip-off, but you do get to see some decent samba at the inflated admission prices and it is much more fun if you go with a crowd (When I went, most of the patrons were overweight overpaid Brasilians).

Why do you think Plataforma is a rip off? I really enjoyed it and I always recommend it to people who have never been to Rio. I must admit that I am not aware of the admission because when I went it was years ago along with 18 other schoolmates and 3 professors and it was already included in our fees. That was in the early part of the decade when the exchange rate was almost 4 reais to 1 US dollar.

Jan 156
01-04-08, 02:35
Why do you think Plataforma is a rip off?

Just my opinion. It's the sort of thing you get in any country where they take a smidgen of the national offering and tart it up, a compere grovelling to the audience, often pumping up the price by claiming a meal (eg a few bits of soggy pizza) is included in an even heftier price option.

You get to see some genuine headdresses, can have your photo taken with a samba dancer, and pretend not to be a total prat.

Admission to a real samba party on the other hand - with several thousand people, a full complement of drummers, fireworks, and people partying all night, is about 8R. Part of the attraction of samba is its infectious rhythms, its pounding insistent beat, its sheer energy: not something that can readily be experienced sitting in a soft chair after eating too much junk.

Of course, Plataforma is in a nice posh neighbourhood used to attending to fat gringos of every nationality with comfort and servile, pampered obesiance. Whereas real Samba parties are in places like Nilopolis (where you double-check before getting your Amex-ready telephoto lens out).

Just my opinion.

Rio Bob
01-04-08, 03:26
Samba City, like Plataforma, is a rip-off, but you do get to see some decent samba at the inflated admission prices and it is much more fun if you go with a crowd .

While most of us here don't need to see these folklore shows for tourists, they're the only ones left. Downstairs at Plataforma is the restaurant, this restaurant was Jobim's favorite, he ate lunch there every day. Several doors down is a bar where the Mulatas go to have a drink after the show, so that's a good place to check out too. The Plataforma restaurants in NY are owned in part by these same owners.

Jan 156
01-04-08, 17:02
If anyone else is up for this type off 'day-off' activity maybe let me know?

The helicopter tours I'm talking about are the bog standard ones from the stop halfway up Sugar Loaf but I've never done one. They're cheaper and probably more fun if we get a total of 2 to 4 people.

I'm no expert with horses, but can gallop and canter and usually have a reasonable rapport without falling off or getting saddle sore. If you've had some basic riding experience and fancy an afternoon exploring on animals more empathetic than GDPs <g> let me know.

If you have a RJ sim even better, otherwise PM and we can maybe meet up for these.

Beach Star
01-04-08, 17:04
I think the samba shows like Plataforma, are good fun for tourists, of course they are tailored to what they perceive that the tourists want, and they have been proved right over many years. I enjoy the shows I think they are performed well, perhaps more expensive than they should be. I think you are a little cynical, many gringos enjoy the shows.

Nilopolis, the home of Beija Flor has sessions 'ensaios' only on thursday nights. Frankly it might be a bit heavy for even a tourist with experience. Nilopolis is the 'ipanema" of the baixada fluminense, much better than many areas around it, but the structure at Beija Flor is not set up for tourists. If you want the 'real' experience it is much safer to go to Portella, Manguera or Rocinho which are set up to receive gringos.

Just my opinion. It's the sort of thing you get in any country where they take a smidgen of the national offering and tart it up, a compere grovelling to the audience, often pumping up the price by claiming a meal (eg a few bits of soggy pizza) is included in an even heftier price option.

You get to see some genuine headdresses, can have your photo taken with a samba dancer, and pretend not to be a total prat.

Admission to a real samba party on the other hand - with several thousand people, a full complement of drummers, fireworks, and people partying all night, is about 8R. Part of the attraction of samba is its infectious rhythms, its pounding insistent beat, its sheer energy: not something that can readily be experienced sitting in a soft chair after eating too much junk.

Of course, Plataforma is in a nice posh neighbourhood used to attending to fat gringos of every nationality with comfort and servile, pampered obesiance. Whereas real Samba parties are in places like Nilopolis (where you double-check before getting your Amex-ready telephoto lens out).

Just my opinion.

Jan 156
01-04-08, 17:09
While most of us here don't need to see these folklore shows for tourists, they're the only ones left. Downstairs at Plataforma is the restaurant, this restaurant was Jobim's favorite, he ate lunch there every day. Several doors down is a bar where the Mulatas go to have a drink after the show, so that's a good place to check out too. The Plataforma restaurants in NY are owned in part by these same owners.

Plataforma is better placed for restaurants and nice night life. Samba City on the other hand is a short taxi ride to VM (thogh a bit of thought is called for in wearing something that is acceptable at both.)

Samba City also lets you see some of the magnificent floats. They are now actually built here (after the city spent some money on the dance schools that bring so much money to the city). It means of course they don't have to lug them from the rough outlying districts where the schools are all the way to the city for Carnaval (the new site is about half a mile north of the area where Carnaval starts).

If you go to Samba City by bus, look out for the enormous concrete building (a block or so long). From the outside, it looks a prison. If you go by taxi, make sure you get dropped at the entrance as it's a long walk round the edge and the district is not that salubrious by night.

Prosal
01-04-08, 19:18
Several doors down is a bar where the Mulatas go to have a drink after the show, so that's a good place to check out too.
Closest "in" bars from Plataforma are Academia da Cachaca, Rua Conde Bernadotte, and of course Cobal Leblon where there's around 10 venues for food/drinks, and where tons of Zona Sul middle to upper classes meninas congregate for happy hour every day from 7 pm.

I made a more elaborated post about Leblon and Humaita Cobals a few monthes ago. Don't know about where Plataforma mulatas go to have a drink but Cobals are definitely highly recommended spots for non-pros chasing.

Mr Enternational
01-06-08, 03:32
If anyone else is up for this type off 'day-off' activity maybe let me know?

The helicopter tours I'm talking about are the bog standard ones from the stop halfway up Sugar Loaf but I've never done one. They're cheaper and probably more fun if we get a total of 2 to 4 people.

I don't quite remember the prices but I do know there was $100 involved. Whether it was per person or per ride I don't know. A couple of my classmates took it. They went up around Corcovado and back.

Spinnerman
01-07-08, 08:23
I'm in Copa Jan 24th to Feb 25th.From London England. About my 8th trip or so.
Also making plans to move there permanently ASAP. I'll be buying a 1 BR Apt in Copa to stay in while I take my time looking for a nice big apartment in Ipanema to live in. Then I'll rent out the Copa Apartment.

Edward M
01-08-08, 02:30
I'm in Copa Jan 24th to Feb 25th.From London England. About my 8th trip or so.
Also making plans to move there permanently ASAP. I'll be buying a 1 BR Apt in Copa to stay in while I take my time looking for a nice big apartment in Ipanema to live in. Then I'll rent out the Copa Apartment.Do you already know what apartment you are buying in Copa or are you just planning on buying one when you get there? Where is the apartment that you are going to/would like to buy?

Spinnerman
01-08-08, 03:04
Do you already know what apartment you are buying in Copa or are you just planning on buying one when you get there? Where is the apartment that you are going to/would like to buy?I rented a 2BR apt in Leme for myself, my son and my GF/\.

I don't yet know where I'll buy but I would prefer the other end of Copa. I might buy on this trip but more likely wait a few months so I don't get a Carnaval premium built in. I have a few ways o look but for an inexpensive 1 BR apt O Globo is as good a source as any.

Secret56
01-08-08, 03:34
Hello guys,

I have a question.I am planning to make a trip to brazil for the first time 14-21 january. So my question is, during this time are the prices more expensive than usually?

Thanos
01-08-08, 06:30
Hello guys,

I have a question.I am planning to make a trip to brazil for the first time 14-21 january. So my question is, during this time are the prices more expensive than usually?Yes. Carnaval prices have already kicked in for the girls. Saturday night a friend of mine was quoted 450R in Help at 5am! he politely walked away but five minutes later another guy approached the girl and off they went. there are alot of guys in town and they are PAYING!!!!

Helpmann
01-08-08, 11:58
Yes. Carnaval prices have already kicked in for the girls. Saturday night a friend of mine was quoted 450R in Help at 5am! he politely walked away but five minutes later another guy approached the girl and off they went. there are alot of guys in town and they are PAYING!!!!Yikes!! In reference to Carnaval week (Thursday - Fat Tuesday), is it still possible to pull girls out of Karla Models for R$100?

Thanks,

Secret56
01-08-08, 17:17
Yes. Carnaval prices have already kicked in for the girls. Saturday night a friend of mine was quoted 450R in Help at 5am! he politely walked away but five minutes later another guy approached the girl and off they went. there are alot of guys in town and they are PAYING!!!!And how about termas, the same raised prices?

Thanos
01-08-08, 21:08
And how about termas, the same raised prices?N0: Termases keep the same prices. One thing to keep in mind. Alot of the termases in centro are closed during Carnaval and they are a bear to get to if they are open with all of the traffic and parades. The termas in copa: lluomos, monte carlo, solarium, centaurus do get packed! Sometimes to the point of having to wait in line to get in.

Biruta
01-09-08, 18:20
I am a vet of Rio going there for the first time in the late eighties, those were the days where everything was possible, gdp doing it for free if they like you+++.

Anyway, will be going back for 3 weeks on the 26th of March and if anyone on this board need help, I will only be too happy to provide it.

Free of charge of course; I do speak fluent portuguese.

American Warrior
01-09-08, 22:52
My brother and I will be back in Rio next week. While I am there I would like to shop for Brazilian goods besides Hippie Fair, any suggestions?

Jan 156
01-12-08, 22:54
My brother and I will be back in Rio next week. While I am there I would like to shop for Brazilian goods besides Hippie Fair, any suggestions?

It really does depend what you want. The sort of things that I would include on a very-worth-while-buying list are Mr Cat shoes. Although there´s shops all over (including at least a small one in Copa), there´s 2 well-stocked ones in Rio Sul and you have the option of shopping in the best upmarket mall all day with lots of nice eye candy (I don´t count Barra Shopping - hell to get to and hard on the feet). For cheap hippie fair type stuff I would prefer Centro markets and shops roundabout. For real hippie fair stuff at much cheaper prices, I like Tijuca, but it´s a bit further to go. For good quality Brasilian clothes (eg stuff that you can wear and look cool in) I like the shops on the block between Copa and Ipanema. For quality suits and formal wear that are distinctive (as well as more outlandish stuff), Hobi Club on Barata Ribeiro is excellent (If you buy more than one item, haggle in an upmarket and respectful fashion to get a discount - owner speaks English well and loves to chat). Ask for his shirts and slacks made from wood fibre (they look superb and you don´t have to iron them). For cheap arrival stuff (if you travel light and just need something to wear and blend in and then throw away), you can do worse than go down Rua Carioca where you´ll get change from 20R on a shirt AND a pair of shorts.

Speaking of footwear, one thing that I personally still find the Brasilian shops lack is trainers (running shoes) suited to the environment. You can find air soles easily enough, but a lightweight highly breathable top is almost impossible to find. You might want to bring your own (I use Mizuma, which scruffied up look similar to any local generic brand but are far more comfortable). I always expect to do quite a bit of walking in Rio and flip-flops have their limits.

Mr Enternational
01-12-08, 23:50
I will be arriving the 24th of this month. PM me for contact info.

Spinnerman
01-12-08, 23:56
I will be arriving the 24th of this month. PM me for contact info.So am I

You coming in on the TAP flight out of London?

Thanos
01-13-08, 05:20
Yikes!! In reference to Carnaval week (Thursday - Fat Tuesday), is it still possible to pull girls out of Karla Models for R$100?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)Yes the prices for the escorts usually remain the same IF they are open at all. Its always a crapshoot during Carnaval. Businesses close whenever they feel.

Ostevo
01-14-08, 11:20
I will be in Rio March 3 through 10 with some of my friends, if anyone is going to be there then contact me. I would be cool to get together with some guys from the board.Hey Biruta. Have spent most of my time traveling the far east to monger, Thailand mostly. This is my first trip to Brazil, don't speak much local flavor but the tapes are in the car and always on. I'm spending three weeks there and need to know where to go to get some local talent and see some of the country. Id like to see Rio-Salvador-natal to fernando de noronha to do some scuba with spinner dolfins. Then what? Looking for the inexspensive way out to monger mostly. Knowing Rio will be the tops for price but heard that the quality is good. Any suggestions, And I'm traveling alone. All the best.

I'm there on feb. 25th 2008. Steveo

American Warrior
01-14-08, 22:03
It really does depend what you want. The sort of things that I would include on a very-worth-while-buying list are Mr Cat shoes. For cheap hippie fair type stuff I would prefer Centro markets and shops roundabout. For real hippie fair stuff at much cheaper prices, I like Tijuca, but it´s a bit further to go. For good quality Brasilian clothes (eg stuff that you can wear and look cool in) I like the shops on the block between Copa and Ipanema. For quality suits and formal wear that are distinctive (as well as more outlandish stuff), Hobi Club on Barata Ribeiro is excellent (If you buy more than one item, haggle in an upmarket and respectful fashion to get a discount - owner speaks English well and loves to chat). Ask for his shirts and slacks made from wood fibre (they look superb and you don´t have to iron them). For cheap arrival stuff (if you travel light and just need something to wear and blend in and then throw away), you can do worse than go down Rua Carioca where you´ll get change from 20R on a shirt AND a pair of shorts.

Yes, I have bought shoes from Mr. Cat, but the clothes in Ipanema are quite high. I had to buy some jeans, shirt, shoes, underwear due to delayed luggage. I was looking for cheaper canvas paintings. Thanks for the help.

Chuchuma
01-15-08, 03:35
I will be in Petrolina on business for about 2 weeks. I have not found any information regarding p4p in this city. Help or leads would be greatly appriciated.

Jan 156
01-17-08, 14:23
Yes, I have bought shoes from Mr. Cat, but the clothes in Ipanema are quite high. I had to buy some jeans, shirt, shoes, underwear due to delayed luggage. I was looking for cheaper canvas paintings. Thanks for the help.

I think Centro maybe for clothes and paintings. I´ve seen the same expensive brands you get in Rio Sul (and no doubt Ipa) at lower prices in Centro. And there are many good art exhibits with stuff for sale - cafes and jazz bars. Also the bars in Lapa, which also has lots of galleries that seem good value.

July Gan
01-17-08, 16:39
Again in town from 12th-14th and 18th-20th February.

Mr Enternational
01-19-08, 04:12
I will be arriving in Rio next Thursday. If anyone else is around send me a PM.

Brazil Specialist
01-28-08, 12:40
Yikes!! In reference to Carnaval week (Thursday - Fat Tuesday), is it still possible to pull girls out of Karla Models for R$100?

Thanks,

I just called karlamodels.net and scortshow.net

hey should be open till Saturday for scortshow (or Friday for karla), then close and open wednesday

I did not even ask for the price, it has always been R$ 100 and a few weeks ago still was that price. Add taxi, though, up to R$ 70, usually around 30-60 per taxi load, two way return trip.

By the way, I am always in Rio, 2 blocks from Help. PM me before you come

Ostevo
02-07-08, 18:39
I'll be in Rio on the 26th of feb for 5 days. Looking for wing man or just hook up for a beer or two. After that I'm looking to head to Salvador, recife, and natal. Anybody else going to theses areas or been there lately? Any suggestion on areas to stay in would help. I'm only booked in Rio, would like to reserve a few more gf hotels. Any help here?

Cho 637
02-08-08, 16:17
I'll be in Rio on the 26th of feb for 5 days. Looking for wing man or just hook up for a beer or two. After that I'm looking to head to Salvador, recife, and natal. Anybody else going to theses areas or been there lately? Any suggestion on areas to stay in would help. I'm only booked in Rio, would like to reserve a few more gf hotels. Any help here?

Going to Salvador on March 11th for 4 days then headed to Rio. 1st time in Salvador, could use a wingman if anyone's going to be there.

Ostevo
02-09-08, 19:50
I'm leaving the 25th of Feb and looking for more info on Natal area and Recife.

Places to stay and areas to hit.

Ostevo
02-10-08, 19:43
Hey Biruta or anybody,

I need lots of help here. Got a late start to my trip. I'm in Brazil for about three weeks, and so far the only thing I have booked is my flight to and from Brazil (Feb-25th through March 15. YIKES I leave soon) and a hotel in Rio for the first 4 nights. Like to know where the other hot mongering spots are. Would like to go north along the coast. Recife, olinda. Natal. And spend a few days scuba diving in fernado de noronha Any suggestions and places to stay? Thank you for the help.

Steveo

Biruta
02-11-08, 10:15
In Rio, I stay in Catete (Flamengo), hotel Regina, reasonable rates, easy to get to centre or copa with the metro.

Not sure if its girl friendly as never took any there, fantastic breakfast.

In recife, lots of places to stay in Boa viagem but when there stayed with friends.

Natal was a great place in the eighties, now lots of buildings and some gdp in punta negra, nicknamed puta negra.

Only did non pro there in my younger days.

Rss910
02-11-08, 19:52
Hey all,

I'll be in Rio 2/16-2/20 and then SP 2/20-3/2.

Pm me and let's have fun.

Ryjerrob
02-11-08, 21:22
I'm leaving the 25th of Feb and looking for more info on Natal area and Recife.

Places to stay and areas to hit.

I would suggest reading all the treads from the past year for Recife. It's not as active as Rio or SP, but none the less, great info. Bubba's report is a must.

ryjer

Andy1974
02-12-08, 21:01
Hi guys

I arrive in Rio on Friday night, anyone fancy a few beers in help?

Andy

Svengal
02-13-08, 03:57
I'll be in Rio for a week with my wingman beginning 2/17. Looking to get acquainted with VM (especially) and Centro, away from Copa. Would be first time to VM, not to Rio. Quite familiar with the grimey in the States, so looking foward to it. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to share a few chaps.

JohnnyBraz
02-13-08, 07:24
I'll be in Rio for a week with my wingman beginning 2/17. Looking to get acquainted with VM (especially) and Centro, away from Copa. Would be first time to VM, not to Rio. Quite familiar with the grimey in the States, so looking foward to it. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to share a few chaps.I arrive the same day myself. I'll definetly be going to centro daily, as for vm I've never been there. But will find one day on this trip to fit it in. I think going in a group will be better to vm. Who knows might see use in help that Sunday night.

BurnMax2007
02-14-08, 01:57
I will arrive in Rio for a month starting Tuesday, February 19. PM me if anyone is interested in getting together.

Also, if someone who speaks Portuguese would not mind helping me if I have trouble ordering an escort, please let me know.

Xman K3
02-14-08, 05:32
Hey guys,

Whats going on?

I'll be hitting Rio from Mar 18 - 24 with 2 of my buddies.

Peace

Andy1974
02-15-08, 05:43
I am leaving for the airport now, will be in Rio in 14 hours, yes!

If anyone fancies a drink let me know.

Orebell
02-15-08, 21:01
Just wondering if anyone out there has used Priceline for any part of their trip to Rio. I use Priceline in the states all the the time and have scored some excellent deals. For example, I just got back from Vegas and scored a hotel room at Planet Hollywood which used to be the Alladin hotel for $45 a night for 4 nights. I thought it was a steal. Like I said I have got some amazing hotel deals on Priceline here in the states.

I have not used Priceline as much for airline tickets, but the few times I have used them I have got some amazing deals. Flights that normally cost say $250 to $300 for $170 to $190.

Just wondering if anyone out there has used Priceline for a trip to Rio and if you have, what sort of results did you get?

One last thing. If you do use Priceline here in the states, I would suggest that you take a look at a site called biddingfortravel.com. It is a great site where people can post what they are actually getting prices for via Priceline. When I first started using Priceline, I did not use that site first. I scored some good deals I thought only to find out after reading that site that I could have got better deals had I did a little homework first. I am in no way connected with that site so I am not trying to promote anything except saving money on travel which I am sure we would all agree is a good thing.

Gatorman
02-17-08, 03:11
I used priceline for 3 trips to Rio in 2002 and 2003. At that time I was saving around 100 or 150 dollars by using them. However, after that I felt their prices for Rio were not so good anymore. I was finding better fares on other sites. It seems like since 2004 I have used a different site for each trip. Priceline flights are very restrictive--no changes, no frequent flyer miles etc. I have not tried the fare compare site that you mentioned.
Hopefully, Varig will resume service to more destinations in the future and help to bring more competitive prices for bundaland.

Lancer520
02-18-08, 01:47
If anyone wants to meet up for a drink and hit either Help or the Termas this week, let me know. I'll be in town through Thursday. I'm ditching the wingman for good. PM me. I have the computer on most of the time... Lance

Rebello88
02-19-08, 03:05
Hi Guys,

I am coming to Rio on Feb 25th for two weeks vacation. Would love to meet someone from the board to show me the ropes. I will buy the beer :). My PM is not activated yet, but hopefully Jackson will activate it soon since I have paid for it :) Looking forward to meeting you guys in Rio.

R

Ostevo
02-20-08, 09:05
Hi Guys,

I am coming to Rio on Feb 25th for two weeks vacation. Would love to meet someone from the board to show me the ropes. I will buy the beer :). My PM is not activated yet, but hopefully Jackson will activate it soon since I have paid for it :) Looking forward to meeting you guys in Rio.

RI'm flying in on the 26th. 7am. A few beers at lunch. Sounds like a good start to me. Let me know.

Biggie Smalls
02-20-08, 23:12
Just a reminder, Ill be there on the 2nd for a week. PM if you'll be around.

Chicago Kirk
02-21-08, 18:50
Wassup, fellas. My name is Kirk, and I'm from Chicago. I'm sure glad I found this site. I'll be in Rio with 2 wingmen on March 18th - 24th. I'm armed with Bubba's guide, as well as a native that's going to show me around. I plan on taking loads of pics, and maybe some videos too. I'll be sharing my adventures with you guys. We'll have internet connection, so I may be able to sneak some up-to-the-minute reports to you all. We booked a 3 bedroom apt. in Copa, and we plan on seeing plenty of action. If anybody want to hook up, hit me up.

Kirk

Mark_Simon
03-02-08, 21:13
I think I found a good rate for air travel in mide april from San Deigo to rio for $750 taxes included. This is a 1 stop flight in (ATL) with Delta. Is this thje best I am going to get. I think total flight time was like 15+ hours.

Also and vets going to be in ther area around that time. My travel dates are flexible.

Combo
03-03-08, 03:12
Hey Kirk,

I'm also from Chicago. I'll be in Rio from March 12-21. Always like to hook up with fellow mongers for Termas runs, etc.

Hobbying
03-03-08, 19:16
I'll be there this week on Thurs and Friday.

Anyone up for drinks or churascos?

PM me on AP.

Bert79
03-03-08, 21:42
I am looking for somebody who want to rent together with me a ( 4 persons) appartment with a car for a period of 4 weeks.

I am 29 years from Holland ( a brasil veteran ). Interested add a report.

Trash Talking
03-04-08, 07:34
I'll be gone from the 4/20 to 5/7. I arrive in Rio on 4/20 and will stay in Rio for 5 days and then to Sao Paolo.

I am a newbie to Brazil, but have serious time in Cuba, Mexico and Thailand. I'm willing to buddy up and share anything fun. I'm 35 and can hang all night and can sleep though most anything. I don't dabble in drugs and am fairly street smart (lived in NYC, LA).

My dates in each city aren't firm but my ticket has been purchased.

Junior
03-04-08, 18:33
Hi,

I will be going back to Rio for the first two weeks of april. If anyone wants to get together to a terma run drop me a PM.

Junior

WhoIsIt
03-04-08, 20:32
I will be in BH on business from March 10 to the 25.

If anyone will be there let me know.

Rio Rio
03-04-08, 23:32
I'm flying in on the 26th. 7am. A few beers at lunch. Sounds like a good start to me. Let me know. I'm flying in on the march 6th I`ve been there before but I would like to hook up with some fella's. I'll be there till the 14th of March.

Jimmy Boy 99
03-05-08, 05:13
I will be arriving in Rio for my semi-annual trip on March 6 for 12 days, staying at Nossa Senhora de Copacabana and Miguel Lemos. If anyone is interested in getting together, please PM me with your contact information.

Musze3000
03-05-08, 05:58
Hey Kirk,

I'm also from Chicago. I'll be in Rio from March 12-21. Always like to hook up with fellow mongers for Termas runs, etc.Combo,

I get in to RIO the same day you do 3/12; I'm down to do a "T" run with you! Let me know!

Smokers Rule
03-07-08, 01:27
I'm a Rio virgin. Mid 20s, no Portuguese. I am going to be in town for a short time, beginning 3/9. I would love to meet up with one of you knowledgeable guys for dinner and Help. I'll buy your dinner if you show me the ropes!

Combo
03-07-08, 02:33
Musze,

Sounds good. I'll post my cell # on here when I get down there.

Chicago Kirk
03-07-08, 03:15
Hey Kirk,

I'm also from Chicago. I'll be in Rio from March 12-21. Always like to hook up with fellow mongers for Termas runs, etc.Cool. We should definitely hookup than. Like I said, I have a local buddy who is going to show us around. It's going to be a good time. If you are going alone, we'll watch your back.

Kirk

Chicago Kirk
03-07-08, 03:17
Combo,

I get in to RIO the same day you do 3/12; I'm down to do a "T" run with you! Let me know!We are down as well. Ain't no party like a Chi-Town party.

Kirk

Musze3000
03-07-08, 10:54
We are down as well. Ain't no party like a Chi-Town party.

KirkWell all right let's do it!

PM me when you get a chance!

Smokers Rule
03-08-08, 01:04
Rio Rio turn on your PMing (and PM me). I'm in town this Sunday and would like to get together with some people who know what they're doing (drinks on me) :)

I'm flying in on the march 6th I`ve been there before but I would like to hook up with some fella's. I'll be there till the 14th of March.

Texas1975
03-08-08, 19:05
I'll be gone from the 4/20 to 5/7. I arrive in Rio on 4/20 and will stay in Rio for 5 days and then to Sao Paolo.

I am a newbie to Brazil, but have serious time in Cuba, Mexico and Thailand. I'm willing to buddy up and share anything fun. I'm 35 and can hang all night and can sleep though most anything. I don't dabble in drugs and am fairly street smart (lived in NYC, LA).

My dates in each city aren't firm but my ticket has been purchased.Hey Trashtalk,

I will be in Rio around the same time frame (Apr 18-27th). Let me know if you are interested in meeting up.

If there is anyone else out there who will be in Rio during this time pls let me know. I was in Rio two years ago but never did the terma or mongering thing. This time will be different!!!

Xman K3
03-09-08, 01:57
What's up guys.

I will be in Rio 18th thru the 24 of March hit me up so we can get a beer or something.

Ostevo
03-09-08, 14:35
Hey Kirk,

I'm all over brazil the last few weeks and would love to get a better look around Rio with you guys. Let me know how to hook up with you in Rio. I'm at the atlantico Coppacabana. All the best. Steveo. Ps. My portuguese sucks

We are down as well. Ain't no party like a Chi-Town party.

Kirk

Smokers Rule
03-09-08, 19:09
Just landed in Rio and want to hook up with some people that know what they're doing tonight. If you're interested, let me know!

Sunset Strip
03-13-08, 00:08
TJ on the ground in RIO on June 11. Look for plenty of reports on Mabs, Miami Video Show, and centro!

Over and out

TJ

Chicago Kirk
03-13-08, 05:51
I just PMed you fellas that were interested in hooking up in Rio, during the time that we'll be there. Like I said, we'll rent a cell phone when we touch down. You can also email me as well. We'll have a laptop. And we SHOULD have internet connection.

Kirk

Jabone
03-17-08, 11:32
This NB is now in Rio until end of March if anyone wants to meet up to explore Rio.

Jabone
03-17-08, 12:01
I am a NB just arrived in Rio and also looking for others to explore the Rio

Cool. We should definitely hookup than. Like I said, I have a local buddy who is going to show us around. It's going to be a good time. If you are going alone, we'll watch your back.

Kirk

Felipe2006
03-19-08, 02:51
Hi Rawlo,

It all depends whether you'd want to bring girls back to your hotel. Hotels have varying policies towards allowing visitors. Also, some of those hotels that do allow visitors charge an extra fee and/or ask the girl to leave by early morning (which is not very nice IMHO). So check it out before you book.

The other alternative is renting an apartment. Minimum stay usually 5 days, though I'm sure shorter stays can be worked out too.

Apartments are often much cheaper than hotels. I have rented very nice places for 100-120 Reais per day (40-50 Euros / a bit more these days in US-Dollars.) As May is not in the high season, you should not have any problems price-wise.

Enjoy! Can't wait to get back myself. In August

Felipe

I am traveling to Rio In May which is good. However I am a newbie. I have read Big Bubba's guide and got alot of really good tips. My question to all you veterans out there is. , which hotel is best to stay in if my main purpose is to frequent Centaurus, L'uomo, and Monte Carlo? I am looking to create a game plan for visiting all three multiple times. I may even visit Help but I don't know after all the positive reviews about the termas.

Junior
03-19-08, 09:47
Hi,

I will be going back to Rio for the first two weeks of april. If anyone wants to get together to a terma run drop me a PM.

Junior

Ryjerrob
03-24-08, 19:14
I am planning on hosting a little Spring Fling upon my return to Rio in about 56 days and a wakeup. Without going into specifics, I thinking about a room at VIP's, and about 5-7 fellow members, along with 10 tempting ladies. The time allotted for this has been agreed to 5 hours. Any thoughts or suggestions, spend me a private mesage.

ryjer

Sunset Strip
03-26-08, 19:12
I am traveling to Rio In May which is good. However I am a newbie. I have read Big Bubba's guide and got alot of really good tips. My question to all you veterans out there is. , which hotel is best to stay in if my main purpose is to frequent Centaurus, L'uomo, and Monte Carlo? I am looking to create a game plan for visiting all three multiple times. I may even visit Help but I don't know after all the positive reviews about the termas.

You should probably post this question in the Rio hotels section so you can get some feedback on which hotels in that area are girl friendly.

But based on your question it seems you think you have to be close to the thermas, which is not really true. L'oumo and Monte Carlo are centrally located in Copacabana and can be reached by bus, taxi, or foot from almost anywhere in Copacabana.

Check out some of the following apartment websites and ask for a nice apartment near or on, Rua Siqueira Campos (Luomos Street),Rua Hilario de Gouveia (Monte Carlo's steet) and Rua Paula Freitas.

www.rentaflat.com.br
www.copacabanaholiday.com.br
http://www.ipanema.com/rio/hotels/e/hotcopa.htm

If you click on the last link you will find a map. The area you will find most convenient is around Posto 3. Loumo and Monte Carlo are in this area. Monte Carlo is actually right off the beach.
TJ

Rss910
03-27-08, 03:16
Drop me a PM if you all want to meet up and share notes or just party.

EatClam
03-28-08, 23:46
My 1st trip to Brazil is coming up in a few weeks and I am curious to know the opinions of other members of this site regarding the comparison of Thailand to Rio. I have been to LOS almost 40 times, (speak the language, know the customs etc.) in the last 8-9 years and aside from the obvious difference in cost, what can I expect from the ladies? I am working on some small portions of the language but I don't see that as an overwhelming obstacle but I was deeply disappointed in Costa Rica after so many trips to Thailand. They didn't give us the GFE and that means a lot, of course but I'd like to know if they are "hit and run" or if they will let you woo them a little so that I can get a feel for the chemistry up front. I looked through a lot of this website and didn't fiond any information about this. Any help guys????

Jimmy Boy 99
03-29-08, 14:42
My 1st trip to Brazil is coming up in a few weeks and I am curious to know the opinions of other members of this site regarding the comparison of Thailand to Rio. I have been to LOS almost 40 times, (speak the language, know the customs etc.) in the last 8-9 years and aside from the obvious difference in cost, what can I expect from the ladies? I am working on some small portions of the language but I don't see that as an overwhelming obstacle but I was deeply disappointed in Costa Rica after so many trips to Thailand. They didn't give us the GFE and that means a lot, of course but I'd like to know if they are "hit and run" or if they will let you woo them a little so that I can get a feel for the chemistry up front. I looked through a lot of this website and didn't fiond any information about this. Any help guys????At the termas, at least, you won't need to do any wooing. They'll be all over you if you smile at them (and even if you don't) and they'll be wooing you. You will have plenty of time to check for chemistry, see if she does what you like, and feel her up and kiss her (with most girls) before going to the room.

Sunset Strip
03-29-08, 19:51
EatClam,

I spend most of my time at the restaurants on Avenida Atlantica in Copacabana, especially Mabs.

In general you WILL get GFE. If you keep returning to Rio it gets even better. In the termas and in places like Mabs you can hug and touch girls. Be more discreet about touching in Mabs as you are outside in public. But still, this is Brazil, so do not be too shy (or timid, as the girls like to say).

No ,sex is not mechanical in Rio. When you hear us complain about the service in Rio it is usually that we are comparing the service of a particular girl in Rio against other girls in Rio. But in honesty the service of most of the girls down there beats what you get in other Latin America nations such as Mexico, DR, Costa Rica, Chile.

Rio is a hedonistic environment, and even more so in Copacabana, so have a good time.

In fact, most of the guys on here have had the experience of having girls get too close to them in Rio!

I am going back in a few months and may change my apartment because I know girls who expect to be able to stay with me night and day. So getting GFE in Rio is not the problem you will have. Yes, you will have problems anytime you are dealing with women, but getting GFE in Rio will not be it!
TJ

Madd Love
03-30-08, 04:21
My 1st trip to Brazil is coming up in a few weeks and I am curious to know the opinions of other members of this site regarding the comparison of Thailand to Rio. I have been to LOS almost 40 times, (speak the language, know the customs etc.) in the last 8-9 years and aside from the obvious difference in cost, what can I expect from the ladies? I am working on some small portions of the language but I don't see that as an overwhelming obstacle but I was deeply disappointed in Costa Rica after so many trips to Thailand. They didn't give us the GFE and that means a lot, of course but I'd like to know if they are "hit and run" or if they will let you woo them a little so that I can get a feel for the chemistry up front. I looked through a lot of this website and didn't fiond any information about this. Any help guys????

Be careful if you want the girlfriend experience, because you might see something better. And with the girlfriend experience you will be lock down and won't be able to monger, so explore your options when you first arrive until you find the GFE, and there are many................

RioGuest
04-02-08, 19:51
I will be coming to Rio Nov. 6-15 and want to know if anyone would want to split a two bedroom apt? I am a 50 year old in great shape, who loves an adventure. This will be my second time, and am up to staying anywhere, doing anything. As I like to get things planned out, let me know now, and we can have some fun planning it out. I met a great guy named carmen from N. Y? Last time, so if you happen to read this, write me. Also had a great time with canstud chasing the girls. See ya,

Mncpa1

Texas1975
04-04-08, 22:48
He Omegaman,

I will be in Rio APR 18-27. Let me know if ya wanna meet up.

Jimmy

EatClam
04-04-08, 23:58
Thanx for the replies- much appreciated. Have either of you been to Thailand or Angeles City? I am looking for a comparison of these types of places to Rio. In additionn to your replies, do you pay the girl up front? Do you always have to keep an eye on her to protect your valuables? In the Far East neither is routine and price is rarely if ever discussed. In 39 trips, I have never had anything stolen either. They have the "up to you" attitude, regarding price too. All in all, Asia has few faults and I am hoping for some replies from punters that have been to both places.

As for the GFE, that can apply to long time, as your replies implied but it also applies to a short time too. Very relaxed, unhurried and as mentioned above most everything is "up to us", so there is never any haggleing. Too bad that it is so far away. I am looking forward to the beautiful ladies of Brazil with those bodacious asses that most Asians do not have. I'll also miss the prices ($20-40) too but I am only going for about a week so it won't be so bad. some trips to Asia last for 10-12 weeks and then price would become more of a factor at Rio's prices.

Obrigado---agragecer

Off Road
04-05-08, 13:48
do you pay the girl up front? Do you always have to keep an eye on her to protect your valuables? Do not pay up front, pay afterwards, this is common here. Always protect your valuables, in a safe or locked in your suitcase, always.
Discuss what you want from the girl and be specfic, up front.
That said, you will have a great time. Maybe better to post on the city forum you are going to for more specifics, each city is a bit different here.

Sunset Strip
04-05-08, 21:02
thanx for the replies- much appreciated. have either of you been to thailand or angeles city? i am looking for a comparison of these types of places to rio. in additionn to your replies, do you pay the girl up front? do you always have to keep an eye on her to protect your valuables? in the far east neither is routine and price is rarely if ever discussed. in 39 trips, i have never had anything stolen either. they have the "up to you" attitude, regarding price too. all in all, asia has few faults and i am hoping for some replies from punters that have been to both places.

as for the gfe, that can apply to long time, as your replies implied but it also applies to a short time too. very relaxed, unhurried and as mentioned above most everything is "up to us", so there is never any haggleing. too bad that it is so far away. i am looking forward to the beautiful ladies of brazil with those bodacious asses that most asians do not have. i'll also miss the prices ($20-40) too but i am only going for about a week so it won't be so bad. some trips to asia last for 10-12 weeks and then price would become more of a factor at rio's prices.

obrigado---agragecer

i hope your coming trip goes well.

i usually pay the girls afterwards. but usually i know the girls i am with anyway. in rio, i pick up girls in the restaurants, usually mabs, in the miami video peep show on copacabana ave, or in thermas. in all cases i spend time chatting and drinking with the girls prior to going to my apartment. they have seen you buying drinks and know you have the money.
you can also just set the money out on a table so she can just get before she leaves.

you should place all valuables in your safe before you leave the apartment, that way you are not scrambling to find it and hid e it when you return with a girl! some things that will not fit in the safe, such as my dvd player i put in my luggage so it is not visible.

but in rio there are so many girls until most of us on here take our time and take home only those with some degree of class and intelligence. yes, you can get robbed, but you can diminish those chances by being picky.

in rio, you meet the girls, hang out in restaurants, walk to your place holding hands, and then spend at least 2 hours together. sex in rio includes almost everything, too (bj, totally nude, etc.). the girls will shower before and after sex and some will cook and hang out longer.
so to me this amounts to gfe.
but in rio there is a thin line between prostitution and girl friends, i think. sex is such a part of rio's culture that it is easy to find yourself with a girl, or more, who think you are their man. i have actually had one girl order dinner for her and a woman friend of hers in mabs while i was downtown (centro). to her it was acceptable because she thinks of herself as my girlfriend. the owner made me pay the bill, too!

she also followed me to a therma and demanded entrance.
so be careful because the gfe may be more than you ask for.

Crooklyn
04-06-08, 22:22
All,

I'm visiting Rio in late July or August. I'm going by myself unfortunately. I want to know what hotel I should stay in and where I should go. I want to have a good time and meet some nice girls.

Please get back to me. Let me know the best termas, massage parlors. I want to go to Rio and stay near the beach. Will it be too cold when I visit? I was told that it's cool that time of the year, but not to cold, since it's winter.

I've heard all about some place called 4x4 and other termas. I'm just looking for general advice. Places to meet people, girls. Inexpensive hotels and the best place to buy weed if I want some.

Please get back to me.

Off Road
04-07-08, 11:32
Read the Rio reports thread and read Bubba´s guide.

Jan 156
04-07-08, 14:48
All,

I'm visiting Rio in late July or August. I'm going by myself unfortunately. I want to know what hotel I should stay in and where I should go. I want to have a good time and meet some nice girls.

Please get back to me. Let me know the best termas, massage parlors. I want to go to Rio and stay near the beach. Will it be too cold when I visit? I was told that it's cool that time of the year, but not to cold, since it's winter.

I've heard all about some place called 4x4 and other termas. I'm just looking for general advice. Places to meet people, girls. Inexpensive hotels and the best place to buy weed if I want some.

Please get back to me.

Enjoy your first trip to Monger Heaven. Do 4x4, stay by the beach (Copacabana and Ipanema) and pay more on your first trip (like everyone else) than you need to.

Rio is a BIG city (like London or New York but harder to navigate). Doing a custom made advice sheet for each enquirer takes ages, so you can maybe understand that people say 'read the board' or 'read Bubba's guide' (from the board) which you should do.

Use the search facility, do lots of planning, take care of your cash and valuables (take as few valuables as you can). Don't worry about weather - there are no hard and fast rules. It can rain for several days at any time of the year, which is unlucky if you want beach. (If you want guaranteed sunshine every day no rain on teh beach, go somewhere else). It's warm all year round. What they call (the very occasional) chilly just means you maybe feel cool in only a shirt.

Plan as much as possible. You really have to do it yourself. The more time you can spend reading and searching the board the better. The better prepared you are, the more you will get out of the experience. The best way is to get back and ask questions here just before you leave if you still have niggling worries.

Spinnerman
04-07-08, 16:55
Moving to Rio permanently as of May 1. I'll rent in Copa while I keep an eye open for a good apartment deal to buy in Ipanema.

I'll be moving in with my girlfriend . Over/under from my friends there figures that will last about 10 days.

Luckily I know plenty of sweet young things to console me if and when we do part.
We haven't even moved in together and already she tells me I can't go to Help by myself. LOL

Jan 156
04-07-08, 19:02
Moving to Rio permanently as of May 1. I'll rent in Copa while I keep an eye open for a good apartment deal to buy in Ipanema.

I'll be moving in with my girlfriend . Over/under from my friends there figures that will last about 10 days.

Luckily I know plenty of sweet young things to console me if and when we do part.
We haven't even moved in together and already she tells me I can't go to Help by myself. LOL

I have a question.

What's Brasilian Porto for YOU LUCKY LUCKY B*STARD? <g>

Sunset Strip
04-07-08, 19:28
All,

Please get back to me.

Check the Rio apartment thread for advice on renters.
This renter gets consistently high reviews:
www.ez-riorentals.com

An apartment will allow you freedom to bring back as many girls as you like with no added fees, the same cannot be said about most hotels. Plus, apartments are cheaper anyway. Read Bubba's guide for the rundown.
I honestly do not know of any decent cheap hotels in Copacabana and as a newbie this is where you want to stay!

Hotel Angrense used to be cheap but now is the same as an apartement:
http://www.angrensehotel.com.br/index_ingles.html

There is also the San Marco in Ipanema, a better area, that is adjacent to Copacabana, and the only other area where a new monger should consider:
http://sanmarcohotel.net/

You will meet girls all over Copacabana. Sit down in the restaurants and you will find company soon enough. Try Mabs, Meia Pataca, and the Balcony, all on the main street Atlantic Ave.

Again, read Bubbas Guide

TJ
TJ

El Austriaco
04-07-08, 21:28
As others have said, read the Bubba Guide: the answers to most of your questions are all there.

Let me just add something about buying weed: I'd be EXTREMELY careful to buy drugs in Rio, especially if you have never been there (based on the other questions you are asking, I just assume you have never been there). In particular, I wouldn't buy from any of the girls you are likely to meet, or have them procure them for you: there are stories galore of girls setting up mongers to extort money from them afterwards, and police checkpoints are quite frequent in Zona Sul to search for drugs. Needless to say, you get caught with drugs of any kind, the consequences may be dire (and don't expect any sympathy from your embassy and/or consulate). You might consider staying way clear of drugs in Rio unless you really, really know what you are doing and who you can trust.

EA

Off Road
04-07-08, 23:49
Let me just add something about buying weed: I'd be EXTREMELY careful to buy drugs in Rio.I will second what EA said, and go further to say do not buy them at all. I had one friend who had some weed, he lit up on the streets waiting for taxi to take him to the airport. Two of the folks who sleep on the street jumped up and ran off. He got in the taxi about 1 minute before the police arrived with the two street people. This and other stories are a clear indication that you will be extorted if you partake.
Also if you ever were to get one of the girls to get you some, she will probably cut it in half anyway.
Be careful, the sex games are enough, adding drugs in is just a big problem.