PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Sunset Strip
03-27-09, 07:55
U.S Air sucks. They nickle and dime you all over the place. $2 for a coke.
Why don't they just put it in the ticket price?

Yeah. Damn, I think I have not flown US Air since 2005. They did get ridiculous with the charges. But I did hear that they are (or have) done away with the charges for drinks and snacks. This is a very recent thing. What they did was a shame because I refused to fly on their airline on principle even though I have miles and get one free daily usage of the Airport Club.

TJ

Mr Enternational
03-30-09, 14:49
If there is anybody here in Rio that would like to go to the downtown casas today or tomorrow pm me.

Mr Enternational
03-30-09, 14:53
U.S Air sucks. They nickle and dime you all over the place. $2 for a coke.
Why don't they just put it in the ticket price?

If they include it in the ticket price then they have to pay taxes on it. That is why many airlines are separating costs of such things as baggage, fuel, and food out of the price of taking you from point A to point B. So in actuality you are paying the same thing, but they are just itemizing it so they can pay the government less.

Abzsafado
03-30-09, 22:03
Yes at customs at the airport as soon as you leave the plane. You walk through a corridor and then you get in line to enter Brazil. At that point a guy with a badge ordered about 35 of us to give him our passports. Then when we had given them to him he said get out of line and stand over here against the wall.

As I said I was third in the group detained to be let in. When I got to baggage claim all others off the plane had gotten their bags. The attendants had taken my bag off the conveyer belt and sat it on the floor. I did catch up with the last of the regular people as they were leaving the airport, however, so it was not really a long time. BAsically it was only around 10 minutes, a span of time you would probably have spent waiting on your bag anyway.

But I am not so sure how long the others were kept.

As I implied, they joked around with me, so I do not think it was all that serious. I just assume they are doing this randomly.

However, I would add that he did start taking passports at point in the line behind a black American woman. He also allowed two Japanese businessmen to stay in the regular line.

Basically, all of us were men.

The funny thing about this is that when we were in the regular line I was thinking the black woman was the only woman in the line. It was all guys (and all white and black American/European except for the 2 Japanese).
I guess the federal police noticed that too and got suspicious. But, as I said, this is Brazil. Just take it lightly and laugh it off.

TJ
They probably thought you were a ship or oil rig crew trying to enter illegally on tourist visas.

Rio Bob
03-31-09, 03:40
http://expatbrazil.wordpress.com/
US Air to start flights to Rio.
Also, on the flight down, the pilot said that Continental will start direct flights from Houston to Rio, which means no 1 hour layover in Sao Paulo.
He said this service should begin in June about the time Continental leaves the Skyteam partnership with Delta, NW for Star Alliance (right?) with United, US Air, etc.

TJ

All these new flights to Rio are good for competition, I just saw a rate on Continental website for $499 RT plus tax. Newark to Rio.

Neverenuff
03-31-09, 21:03
All these new flights to Rio are good for competition, I just saw a rate on Continental website for $499 RT plus tax. Newark to Rio.Shiietttt!!! I bought my tkts last month for 640 (plus taxes).

Cristobal1492
04-01-09, 17:17
I'll be in Recife from the 6th till 27th of april, anybodyelse there in that time?

I might fly to rio for an weekend trip as well.

Rio Lover #2
04-02-09, 13:22
I should be back in Rio by April 19th until May 10th, is anybody home those days?

RL

Sunset Strip
04-03-09, 06:59
TJ will be on the ground and running June 20-30.
$700 from CA on Delta.

TJ

Pipe Layer99
04-08-09, 00:05
I will be in Fortaleza 16 - 21 Apr

Then in Rio 21 - 29.

If anybody want to meet up for some brew, conversation and/or centro/terma runs let me know?

This will be my 6th trip to the Land of Bunda!

Dwilso39
04-08-09, 04:48

Then in Rio 21 - 29.

If anybody want to meet up for some brew, conversation and/or centro/terma runs let me know?

This will be my 6th trip to the Land of Bunda!

I will be in Fortelza from the 15 - 19th. Give me your contact detials and we can hunt together.

Pipe Layer99
04-08-09, 18:14
Check your PM.

You get there before me, so send me your cell number or hotel/apt info and I will try to find you when I get in (late afternoon/early evening of 16 Apr).
Good thing is you will already have your bearings on the hunting grounds :-))

I've also done my homework on the area and I know one girl there.

I will be in Fortelza from the 15 - 19th. Give me your contact detials and we can hunt together.

Bottom Feeder
04-08-09, 20:27
This will be my 3rd visit. This time I'm there solo for the garotas. PM me ifn you might be there also. I spend day time down at the port area and in the boat area beating up the locals with my Portuguese eating frango on a stick.

Adventurer
04-12-09, 17:08

Then in Rio 21 - 29.

This will be my 6th trip to the Land of Bunda!I'll be in arriving apr 24th and staying till may 2nd.

Pm me your contact info, let's catch up for a beer at help or a terma.

Neverenuff
04-15-09, 00:41
I'll be in arriving apr 24th and staying till may 2nd.

Pm me your contact info, let's catch up for a beer at help or a terma.Same exact dates as you man. Perhaps even same flights.

Greg Williams
04-17-09, 00:36
Hi all,

Anyone going to help tonight?

Wouldn't mind meeting few experienced players and checking out the scene.

Brutus85
04-17-09, 03:02
I'm making my first trip in a few days. I have been studying this board and cramming Portuguese badly I'm ready to explode. No pun intended. Anyway, staying at Aproador Inn in Ipanema. Plan on hitting the Termas, ordering lots of delivery from karla's models. Hitting some non-monger spots too between mongering. Lots of bunda ogling. Oh yeah, I will squeeze in some time for Help too. Look forward to having a beer w/whomever is there. Is MP the official monger gathering/meeting spot?

Black Bye
04-17-09, 20:00
Need to get a jump start. Arrived today staying at Impanema Plaza near Impanema beach no. 9.

Questions: Can I go (walk into) to "Karla's Models" and hand pick a chica? Should I negotiate upfront expectations and price?

Anyone know of a good hostel between Impanema and Copacobana that I can take chicas too at random times with out any worries? I. E. Jump off spot.

Which of the 4 tourist thermas am I near. (Cent, L'Uomo, Monte, Solar)?

This is a start all suggestions are welcome. Price isn't an issue. And I am looking for 10's.

Black Bye
04-17-09, 21:12
1st trip in Rio...arrived today. Staying at Impanema Plaza

Question 1. Can I physically go to Karla's Models and pick my chica? If so is it faily close to Impanema Plaza?

Which therma is near me of the four tourist thermas, Centaurus, L'Uomo, Monte Carlo, Solarium?

Any recommedations on a local hote/ hostel to take chicas too for the night?

Jan 156
04-18-09, 08:58
You guys could meet up outside Help in Terraco or at MP a few yards along. Good that you all discover Rio for yourselves than have someone walk you through it (it's not that hard, honest!)

AFAIK Karla's won't have a physical location. They phone them in for you. You will be lucky to get 10s there but they are not bad-looking usually. Any of the Copa Termas are an easy taxi from Ipanema. Use Bubba's guide. If you need a love motel instead of taking her back to yours, I think he also lists a few. Sorry I can't help there as I only use apartments or Centro girl-friendly hotels. Diplomata will oblige but it's the far end of Copa fdrom Ipanema - there are many closer and they've been listed on the board. I just thought I'd post this as a stop-gap in case no-one else can supply you with info in time.

Lancer520
04-18-09, 16:12
As to nearby termas to Ipanema, you're very close to Centaurus which I personally don't go to, but you can read more about that on this board. Luomo is about a 5 minute cabride with no traffic in Copa, and Monte Carlo is just a little down the road from Luomo right off Avenida Atlantico, the main street on the beach. As for Meia Pataxa, it is where mongers go between about 4 and 9 to meet GDP's. Peak time is around 7. Around 10:30 the action moves over to Terraco Atlantico in front of Help. Hope this helps. Enjoy yourself....

Jamaicanceo
04-18-09, 17:25
As to nearby termas to Ipanema, you're very close to Centaurus which I personally don't go to, but you can read more about that on this board. Luomo is about a 5 minute cabride with no traffic in Copa, and Monte Carlo is just a little down the road from Luomo right off Avenida Atlantico, the main street on the beach. As for Meia Pataxa, it is where mongers go between about 4 and 9 to meet GDP's. Peak time is around 7. Around 10:30 the action moves over to Terraco Atlantico in front of Help. Hope this helps. Enjoy yourself....If a gdp quotes you more than R$200 for less than all night sex at your apartment, just walk away and look for a better deal. Better prices are out there.

Pipe Layer99
04-18-09, 19:29
If you need a short time hotel, check out Sinless hotel further away from Ipanema. In Copa check out Lido (love motel - not the regular hotel). You can look these up on the internet. Then when you grab your 10, get a taxi and tell him where you want to go. They know where the Love motels are located.

As suggested, read Bubba´s guide in the forum. It has a ton of useful information. Once you read it, any questions you have will be answered.

Have fun and be safe.

Rio Bob
04-20-09, 03:08
All these new flights to Rio are good for competition, I just saw a rate on Continental website for $499 RT plus tax. Newark to Rio.

Prices are down to $414 round trip plus tax on Continental this year. This is an unbeleavable price.

I saw this on the Continental airlines website and then I went to Orbitz and Tam has similar prices.

Dub624
04-20-09, 04:57
Prices are down to $414 round trip plus tax on Continental this year. This is an unbeleavable price.

The prices are great, but the layovers are a *****. I found $571 on American with a stop in Miami and Sao Paulo. What site did you find the $414 price?

Rio Bob
04-20-09, 20:05
The prices are great, but the layovers are a *****. I found $571 on American with a stop in Miami and Sao Paulo. What site did you find the $414 price?

I don't know where you live but Tam has a non stop from JFK to GIG and back. I don't think it's 7 days a week but it may be your day.

Chezz
04-30-09, 15:57
I just noticed that the first 2 cases have been reported in Rio:

by Alejandra del Palacio

Mexico City, April 28 (Xinhua).- A number of Latin American countries now have cases of suspected swine flu, health officials reported Tuesday.

The Brazilian Health Ministry said that so far 20 suspected cases of swine flu have been reported in eight states, including two in Rio de Janeiro. The only region of Brazil without any suspected cases is the Midwest, the ministry said.

Does anyone plan on rescheduling at this point? I have no intention of canceling my flight next Monday. As long as flights remain on schedule, I'm going. But it is worth keeping an eye on.

Shemp
05-01-09, 05:59
I just noticed that the first 2 cases have been reported in Rio:2 cases of out of a city of 11 million, HELL NO I'm not gonna cancel my trip this saturday. I like my chances unless the 2 infectees happen to be termas employees or customers of help.

DreamCarnarvon
05-03-09, 00:20
Swine flu or no swine flu, my trip is on course as scheduled.

Yesterday I saw two people here in the US wearing masks as they got off a bus. I guess if you want to be 100% safe then just lock all your doors and close your windows and stay at home 24/7.

Brazil Rio
05-04-09, 14:54
Swine flu or no swine flu, my trip is on course as scheduled.

Yesterday I saw two people here in the US wearing masks as they got off a bus. I guess if you want to be 100% safe then just lock all your doors and close your windows and stay at home 24/7.Yes, it is just like this. Media drinve the people crazy. They take an issue and spoile around again and again. They are f* apocalipytc.

Thounsands dying of diseases like aids, heart diseases, car crashs, whatever. And they spreading this flu thing.

Here in Rio no paranoid yet.

Welcome,

Brazil Rio

Hobbying
05-07-09, 18:18
I will be in Sao Paulo last week in May, send me a pm if anyone wants get a drink.

JohnnyBraz
05-08-09, 23:33
2 cases of out of a city of 11 million, HELL NO I'm not gonna cancel my trip this saturday. I like my chances unless the 2 infectees happen to be termas employees or customers of help.Even if there were 1 million cases in Rio, I would still go. And it would be a total buyers market.

Jay Green
05-09-09, 08:59
A friend and I are heading down to Brazil for the first time and am looking for advice on what the best scene would be to start off. I read the Bubba report on Terma's, Help, etc. And not sure what would be the best route. Any experienced advice would definately be appreciated since we want it to be a good trip. Not sure if it matters but we are both 29, from the US, staying in Copa torwards the Ipanema side, have a decent amount to spend but nothing insane and will be there 8 days.

Thanks in advance for any info recieved.

Hughdad
05-09-09, 19:52

I saw this on the Continental airlines website and then I went to Orbitz and Tam has similar prices.I actually bought round trip tickets on Continental earlier ths week for $354. Insane prices. Shot up to $499 the next day and is now near $700.

I'll be in Sao Paulo visiting friends from May 29 to June 3rd. In Rio the evening on June 3rd to June 7th.

If anyone is planning on being in Rio 3/6 to 7/6 - let me know and we can meet up for drinks, etc.

Hughdad
05-09-09, 20:06
A friend and I are heading down to Brazil for the first time and am looking for advice on what the best scene would be to start off. I read the Bubba report on Terma's, Help, etc. And not sure what would be the best route. Any experienced advice would definately be appreciated since we want it to be a good trip. Not sure if it matters but we are both 29, from the US, staying in Copa torwards the Ipanema side, have a decent amount to spend but nothing insane and will be there 8 days.

Thanks in advance for any info recieved.Bubba and Sperto (and many others) have provided lots of great advice, maps, etc. On the Rio Reports thread. I used their advice to great success during my first 3 Rio trips. The Rio portion of my trips usually last 4 or 5 days and during each successive trip I got a little more adventurous.

Make sure you do Centro run (s) on a weekday. And I found the termas a great place to "ease" into my Rio mongering start. Monte Carlo (very convenient to the beach) has really stepped up their talent quality lately. And Luomo was a great place to learn and get comfortable. Centaurus has great looking ladies, but the management and prices (and hard sell by the first locekr room GPs) really put me off. Until a found 2 great ladies to dance, kiss and session with!

With very limited working knowledge of Brasilado. I actually got by terrifically. I had an real positive, fun-loving, outgoing attitude and made some great use of their slang and phrases. I even arranged a great festa on a rainy day at a motel with 3 ladies from Karla Models.

I thank everyone for all the great info they provided here. To me this board has been like getting a Master's degree in Mongering.

My fourth trip to Rio is June 3rd to June 7th. If you guys are there I'll buy you both a drink.

Best

Jay Green
05-10-09, 19:27
Bubba and Sperto (and many others) have provided lots of great advice, maps, etc. On the Rio Reports thread. I used their advice to great success during my first 3 Rio trips. The Rio portion of my trips usually last 4 or 5 days and during each successive trip I got a little more adventurous.

Make sure you do Centro run (s) on a weekday. And I found the termas a great place to "ease" into my Rio mongering start. Monte Carlo (very convenient to the beach) has really stepped up their talent quality lately. And Luomo was a great place to learn and get comfortable. Centaurus has great looking ladies, but the management and prices (and hard sell by the first locekr room GPs) really put me off. Until a found 2 great ladies to dance, kiss and session with!

With very limited working knowledge of Brasilado. I actually got by terrifically. I had an real positive, fun-loving, outgoing attitude and made some great use of their slang and phrases. I even arranged a great festa on a rainy day at a motel with 3 ladies from Karla Models.

I thank everyone for all the great info they provided here. To me this board has been like getting a Master's degree in Mongering.

My fourth trip to Rio is June 3rd to June 7th. If you guys are there I'll buy you both a drink.

BestThanks for the advice, definately appreciated. Those reports have so much useful information that I had no idea about. I would take you up on that offer but we are getting in the morning of the 16th and leaving the night of the 23rd (may). Is it pretty common to hook up with a girl for a few days or entire trip? Are there better places to find a girl for multiple days like Help, termas, agencies etc? How does it work money wise if you are hanging out with one of these girls multiple times? We got an apartment, is that better to do than a hotel? Are there still a lot of people at the beach this time of year or is it too cold? My apologies for all the questions, I'm just an infant in the mongering game.

Hughdad
05-11-09, 11:52
Thanks for the advice, definately appreciated. Those reports have so much useful information that I had no idea about. I would take you up on that offer but we are getting in the morning of the 16th and leaving the night of the 23rd (may). Is it pretty common to hook up with a girl for a few days or entire trip? Are there better places to find a girl for multiple days like Help, termas, agencies etc? How does it work money wise if you are hanging out with one of these girls multiple times? We got an apartment, is that better to do than a hotel? Are there still a lot of people at the beach this time of year or is it too cold? My apologies for all the questions, I'm just an infant in the mongering game.I don't personally know about hooking up with a girl for an entire trip. I am there trying to enjoy the variety. But I have been successful in having a few different termas GDP's go party/dancing or come over and spend the night after they get out of work. Apartment vs. hotel is a matter of choice and freedom. Some hotels restrict guests. But bringing ladies back to an apartment can bring other risks. Caution and sreetsmarts are needed. The beaches get crowded when it is hotter. But there can still be hot beach days in May. Read the various threads here and go back in each and you will see that a great deal has been written about each of your questions. The guys writing here have provided some great advice and guidance.

Hobbying
05-11-09, 12:57
I actually bought round trip tickets on Continental earlier ths week for $354. Insane prices. Shot up to $499 the next day and is now near $700.

I'll be in Sao Paulo visiting friends from May 29 to June 3rd. In Rio the evening on June 3rd to June 7th.

If anyone is planning on being in Rio 3/6 to 7/6 - let me know and we can meet up for drinks, etc.I'll be in SP same time as you.

I sent you PM.

Bornran
05-11-09, 19:05
Yes so I stayed away for one whole year, Went back in May 09 and I thought to myselve what the hell is wrong with me. Needless to say will be back on May 21 till second week in June. Lookin for a little more off the beaten path ideas, went to Manguera Funk Party last time and attempted Via Show (closed holiday). If anybody has any info please share. And for the record yes I have spent two weeks in Duque Caxias before so a little mud on my shoes doesn't bother me. Porque elle angola (or so everybody thinks)

Hughdad
05-13-09, 10:30
I booked a few more trips for later this year on Continental last night. $435 RT! I feel like these bargains won't last. After early June trip. I'll be headed back in September and late November. All of a sudden. My year just got a hell of a lot better.

Dub624
05-14-09, 21:14
I'm coming down in July. Any recomendations for apartments?

Pipe Layer99
05-14-09, 23:49
I'm coming down in July. Any recomendations for apartments?

Check your PMs

Hobbying
05-15-09, 06:03
I booked a few more trips for later this year on Continental last night. $435 RT! I feel like these bargains won't last. After early June trip. I'll be headed back in September and late November. All of a sudden. My year just got a hell of a lot better.Continental was quite nice and price adjusted tix I bought earlier in the year and gave me credit without any fees. It won't last too long since gas is going back up.

Mr Enternational
05-15-09, 08:14
2 cases of out of a city of 11 million, HELL NO I'm not gonna cancel my trip this saturday. I like my chances unless the 2 infectees happen to be termas employees or customers of help.
That is funny. My girlfriend was telling me that when U.S. and Mexican citizens come into Brazil they have to go off on a bus to a quarantine area and fill out papers on where they are staying and who they will be with. She says when the person leaves Brazil whoever they were visiting has to be monitored for 10 days. I told her yeah right. Like I'm going to give them her name. She started to get pissed. Then I told her And who the hell is going to monitor all of the gdps? She got a chuckle out of that.

Hughdad
05-15-09, 12:17
Continental was quite nice and price adjusted tix I bought earlier in the year and gave me credit without any fees. It won't last too long since gas is going back up.Yeah, we get nailed at the pumps at the start of every summer season in the US. The f-ing oil co's take it to us. And we. The American public. Has such a short memory. When was nearing $5 / gallon my neighbors were all unloading their Hummers and SUV's for well below value. Now I've been seeing new SUV's up and down the street.

Anyway. Enough commentary. Speaking of "at the pumps". I am looking forward to my 4th Rio trip starting on June 3rd. The senior members on these boards have been providing terrific info and maps and I am looking forward to venturing to VM and the fair at SC and exploring Centro more. I've also been staying in touch with a sweet little termas GDP that I hit it off with. Her and her friend have a day off when I am there and they will take me around (in and out of bed! ) I was able to buy her a laptop here to bring to her to replace her broken one for just over $300 (well under her budget.) She's really appreciative as she would be not able to buy one in Rio for many months more. I am sure that little gesture of being a laptop mule will greatly extend my mongering budget. She tells me the termas have been fairly slow overall. At least since Carnaval.

Member #3439
05-20-09, 03:20
I plan to be in Rio June 21-23 for some mongering and am wondering if anyone would like to have a wingman for a trip to Vila Mimosa?

I've done the termas in Sao Paulo, Tobita Shinchi in Osaka, and Calle 13 in Puerto Penasco, MX. But I am not too comfortable with the idea of trolling around VM as a lone gringo. I was thinking of taking the metro to Central and walking to VM. Am I right to think that it is unwise to go alone?

Also, with regard to hotels and girl-friendliness, does anyone have any comments on Copacabana Mar or Mecure Arpador in Ipanema? Basically, its my first time in Rio and I am looking for something under $100 per, with a safe walk to a metro station, and close to Monte Carlo and L'uomo.

Jan 156
05-20-09, 23:06
But I am not too comfortable with the idea of trolling around VM as a lone gringo. I was thinking of taking the metro to Central and walking to VM. Am I right to think that it is unwise to go alone?

It's quite a long walk from Centro and you are likely to get lost if you don't know the area, especially as you have to get past a spaghetti junction. Do read the forum - directions to VM have been posted many times and it is fairly easy to get to by bus or metro. Simplest is going to Sao Cristovao station (one change) and walking a couple of hundred yards. Nicer is Alfonso Pena (no change) but the walk to VM is more complicated.

If you did walk from Centro, some of the long stretch along Presidente Vargas is a lot less wise for a newcomer to do alone than VM is. In fact, if you go with someone to VM you will just stand out more, but that maybe won't bother you. You are not awfully likely to get into trouble in VM, especially if you follow the extensive advice on the forum.

If it is your first time in Rio, do acclimatise yourself first.

Pipe Layer99
05-24-09, 18:35
Lots of time for fun. I'm back in Rio.
I missed some of you on the last trip, but made some great new friends as well. Mr. Imabootyman I will take care of your slack for now. he he

A buddy and I are here tearing it up and throwing 'em down.
4x4 is still awesome (as usual). Beach action is alive and well. Help is open.

If anyone needs some intel or just want to grab a beer, let me know. PL99

Dub624
05-25-09, 19:52
My agent wants to put me in the Flamengo neighborhood on R. Senator Verqueiro. Anybody know anything about this area? How far is it from Copa?

Buscemi
05-25-09, 19:59
My agent wants to put me in the Flamengo neighborhood on R. Senator Verqueiro. Anybody know anything about this area? How far is it from Copa?It's a solid 15 minute taxi ride to Leme, and another 5 minutes to Post 5.

I personally would not stay there.

Dub624
05-26-09, 02:24
It's a solid 15 minute taxi ride to Leme, and another 5 minutes to Post 5.

I personally would not stay there.

I thought as much. Thanks for the info.

Dub624
06-01-09, 02:24
There has been a fare drop. Lax to Gig $486.00 Was $761.00 a couple of weeks ago.

Azn Safado
06-03-09, 06:45
There has been a fare drop. Lax to Gig $486.00 Was $761.00 a couple of weeks ago.
Dub624, thanks for the heads up!

I just booked a LAX to GIG flight on Delta Airlines through BACC Travel for $427 including taxes! That's insanely cheap, considering I paid $1175 on Continental back in September 2008.

Ryjerrob
06-03-09, 15:50

I just booked a LAX to GIG flight on Delta Airlines through BACC Travel for $427 including taxes! That's insanely cheap, considering I paid $1175 on Continental back in September 2008.

When you book with BAAC, just make sure they send you the e-ticket number right away. I once bought a ticket through a travel store, and only had a confirmation number. To my surprise, when I got to the airport, they didn't book the first leg of my trip from Michigan to Atlanta. While I was free to purchase this ticket at the airport, I didn't, instead waited until the next day. They did send me $500 for the trouble, 2 months later.

I still use them but always make sure I have all the correct info.

ryjer

Lonzof
06-04-09, 01:52

I assume you guys are booking travel for 2009. I started researching fares for my late January 2010 travel] and the rates range from $1100 usd on Delta to $1800 on American. I checked BAAC, consolidators, and discount sites. I know this is peak summer travel to brazil. Once I find anything below $1000 with taxes I'll probably buy.

Lonzof

Abzsafado
06-04-09, 09:31
My agent wants to put me in the Flamengo neighborhood on R. Senator Verqueiro. Anybody know anything about this area? How far is it from Copa?
Its not too far from the copa scene, travel time at night is a lot less than during the day. It's also a lot closer to the daytime action in centro and the real Brasilian nightlife in Lapa. It all depends on if you are on vacation or working. If you are working during the day then it's a good area to stay in. But if you want to hang out on the beach in Copa and do the tourist thing stay elsewhere.

Dub624
06-05-09, 06:58
I assume you guys are booking travel for 2009. I started researching fares for my late January 2010 travel] and the rates range from $1100 usd on Delta to $1800 on American. I checked BAAC, consolidators, and discount sites. I know this is peak summer travel to brazil. Once I find anything below $1000 with taxes I'll probably buy.

Lonzof

Yes, I'll be going down next month. Just counting the days:)

Dub624
06-09-09, 07:15
Its not too far from the copa scene, travel time at night is a lot less than during the day. It's also a lot closer to the daytime action in centro and the real Brasilian nightlife in Lapa. It all depends on if you are on vacation or working. If you are working during the day then it's a good area to stay in. But if you want to hang out on the beach in Copa and do the tourist thing stay elsewhere.

Yeah, thanks. I got it changed. Now I am right behind Help.

Sunset Strip
06-13-09, 06:59
tj will be on the ground and running on monday. this time i have a newbie with me. i am getting tired of newbies so i am not going to show him too much.

i will be in centro at ba 85 during the day, at miami peep show in the early evening, and at help veranda and mp at night.

tj

Bbilly
06-24-09, 05:05
Will be in Rio a few days end of July, anyone want to meet up and hit some places let me know, I speak fluent portugues and make a good wingman, wanting to maybe try someother places like natal or morro sao paulo. I don't have PM so leave me a note here! Fallow!

Brazil Rio
06-24-09, 13:59
I am here, all the time.

Just let me know if I can "help" you guys, while in Rio.

Welcome

PianoPlayer
06-30-09, 03:26
I will be in Rio from July 15 to 20 for my first visit.

I'd love to have drinks and share info with anyone who will be around then.

Malo9517
06-30-09, 05:07
Heading for Rio July 6th through July 12th. Anyone going there during that time let me know through IM.

Dub624
06-30-09, 05:56
I will be in Rio from July 15 to 20 for my first visit.

I'd love to have drinks and share info with anyone who will be around then.
Man that is too short. You are gonna hate yourself when the 20th comes around. I'll be there from 7/17 to 7/27....C YA...

Shoesky
06-30-09, 06:26
Man that is too short. You are gonna hate yourself when the 20th comes around. I'll be there from 7/17 to 7/27....C YA...I will be in Copacabana 7-09-09 to 7-30-09. if anyone willing to meet up for drinks that would be cool. Im looking for a wing man to go to the VM.

Bornran
06-30-09, 14:38
Ok after taking last year off. I'm heading back for the third straight month. July 2-12.

Anybody looking to link up for some non-copa action.

Sunset Strip
06-30-09, 17:39
Man that is too short. You are gonna hate yourself when the 20th comes around. I'll be there from 7/17 to 7/27....C YA...
Probably true.

I just got back from a 10 day trip with another guy and realize that, yes, it takes 2 to 3 days to get your bearings, depending on where you are from. The time change affects some more than others, plus the weather is different.

So in general, I now believe you need around 7 to 10 days, at least, to hit your groove.

But, I too, make short trips. For example, I usually head down for Thanksgiving. Leave Tues, get to rio on Wed., fly back out on Sunday. 4 days on the ground, but well worth it as prices are low because it is not a Brazilian holiday. Usually this is my last trip until post-Carnaval.

For short trips, the best thing is to sleep well on the flight down!

TJ

Asstroglide
07-01-09, 05:43
What's up everybody! I've been lurking for a while and have been able to collect a lot of really good information that should be very useful. Thank you all for your contributions!

I'll be heading out to Rio in the morning and will be on the ground Thursday morning. I'll be there until next Friday. I'm still undecided as to where exactly I'll be going but I'm planning on maintaining a log of sorts and plan to share if I come across anything good or heinously bad.

Hughdad
07-01-09, 12:36
I will be in Copacabana 7-09-09 to 7-30-09. if anyone willing to meet up for drinks that would be cool. Im looking for a wing man to go to the VM.Shoesky,

I'll be passing through Rio from 7/10 to 7/13. I have been thinking about a VM trip since reading Sperto's VM guide and map. It is amazing how this place polarizes people - they either hate it or love it. I hear it is pretty disgusting - but an experience everyone should try. And a place where a wingman can come in handy. I'm up for a road trip. I'll have a local cell phone in Rio so send me your contact info in a PM.

This will be my third trip down to Brazil in the past 3 months, all with a stopover in Rio. I am working on some new media and Internet projects there. I'll actually be heading up to Florianopolis too.

I used Sperto's map and guide last time to check out some Centro casas. It was my time exploring Centro and I had a great time there for a few days before heading to the beach.

I'll write a report of all the different experiences I've had in these trips when I return. So a VM trip is certainly needed to round out the experiences.

Sunset Strip
07-01-09, 22:48
Has anybody else notice how quickly prices for August went up last night. I was about to by a ticket at 700 from CA, drove home, logged back in and the ticket was 1000! On Delta.

So I went to a consolidator and saw the 700 rate, booked it, then got a message saying that fare was no longer available. What? Isn't the principle of a consolidator that they buy a set of tickets and then resell them a discount?

These days consolidators are barely better than the airlines. It seems from the minute you start planning a trip to Rio until you get back home from the trip, everybody has their hand out!

TJ

Pelongera
07-02-09, 04:20
Has anybody else notice how quickly prices for August went up last night. I was about to by a ticket at 700 from CA, drove home, logged back in and the ticket was 1000! On Delta.

So I went to a consolidator and saw the 700 rate, booked it, then got a message saying that fare was no longer available. What? Isn't the principle of a consolidator that they buy a set of tickets and then resell them a discount?

These days consolidators are barely better than the airlines. It seems from the minute you start planning a trip to Rio until you get back home from the trip, everybody has their hand out!

TJI believe it (although expecting the price to stay at 700 within four months of departure is pushing it a bit).

I was tracking flights to Bogota and within a six hour period the bottom shot up $100.

And contrary to conventional wisdom, the hike occurred early in the week, not the weekend.

So Tijuana, did you notice the presences of the Hells Angels? Is Help closed?

Looking forward to your report!

Sunset Strip
07-02-09, 05:35
TJ will be on the ground and running again August 10-20.

Pelongera. I really should have posted reports and did not because I was a bit paranoid about my anonymity.

I will post full reports beginning tomorrow. I wrote things down to help me remember.

TJ

JohnnyBraz
07-04-09, 05:47
I'll be in Rio from Wedensday.

Any senior members want to hit centro termas pm me.

Riorah
07-05-09, 05:58

TJI got a flight from JFK top GIG for $339 round trip. America Airlines
Best price i have ever seen. PEACE

JohnnyBraz
07-05-09, 08:46
I will be in Copacabana 7-09-09 to 7-30-09. if anyone willing to meet up for drinks that would be cool. Im looking for a wing man to go to the VM.Get a subscription so you can be pm'd.

Sunset Strip
07-05-09, 16:26
I got a flight from JFK top GIG for $339 round trip. America Airlines
Best price i have ever seen. PEACE
Thanks. VERY GOOD rates are available on American, even from the West Coast. The problem for me is I have accumulated lots of miles on Delta and Continental and need to stick with them. The question for me is are the miles worth the extra 600 dollars...

I will keep watching American and might think of switching.

CO now flys direct to Rio from Houston. Their planes are the best and you get your own movie screen. Delta planes are not as good, you have one large movie screen in the front of coach class. But Delta gets to Rio early (8am) and leaves late (10pm), so you get a full first day in Rio, plus a serious half-day before you fly out!

I flew United once and it was horrible. The flight was long, I smelled bad by the time I got back to the West Coast. They treated us like numbers or cattle!

How is American?
TJ

Ee2002
07-05-09, 22:05
American is not that much better. No individual tv and crappy food. Miami airport is the pits imho. Other than that the times are similar to Delta if you do Miami and as of late they have some great deals.

Drfeel Good
07-17-09, 15:42
Going to be in Rio the 21st through 26th of August.

PM me if interested in getting together.

Xpartan
07-17-09, 22:45
American is not that much better. No individual tv and crappy food. Miami airport is the pits imho. Other than that the times are similar to Delta if you do Miami and as of late they have some great deals.My AA flight in May from JFK to GIG via GRU did have individual screens. As for food, it sucks on every single US couch, bar none, IMHO.

Geofagus
07-18-09, 00:15
TJ will be on the ground and running again August 10-20.

Pelongera. I really should have posted reports and did not because I was a bit paranoid about my anonymity.

I will post full reports beginning tomorrow. I wrote things down to help me remember.

TJI will be in Rio Aug 12th through the 21st. You want to get together for a few drinks? I'll be by myself. Maybe take me to Centro for my first time. Renting my usual apartment across the street from Help on Djalma Ulrich.

Geo

Baracuda2
07-18-09, 03:50
I'm in Rio Aug 20th to 27th with 2 other fellow mongers. We're from Chi town, NYC and LAX and for all of us, this is our first trip to the Land of the Bunda!

We have an apt a few blocks from HELP. PM me if you want meet up; I'll have local mobile number as soon as I arrive.

Peace

Cho 637
07-18-09, 09:10
My AA flight in May from JFK to GIG via GRU did have individual screens. As for food, it sucks on every single US couch, bar none, IMHO.

I think that the difference is that AA flights from JFK are 777's and from MIA 767's. I'm on the ground 8/15. If anyone's there at that time, lets have a beer.

Sunset Strip
07-18-09, 09:49
I will be in Rio Aug 12th through the 21st. You want to get together for a few drinks? I'll be by myself. Maybe take me to Centro for my first time. Renting my usual apartment across the street from Help on Djalma Ulrich.

Geo
Yes, we shall meet.

TJ

Leon Alias
07-23-09, 19:42
I'm looking for someone to accompany me to the Pyramide club this weekend or next. Yes, I am a newbie, but speak Portuguese and am low profile (except for the blonde hair!). Doesn't sound like a place to go on one's own for the first time, but I don't want to miss it.

Vaughnyb1
07-25-09, 03:47
Hey Guys,

Ill be in Rio from Aug 2 for 60 days then Ill be heading up the coast for 4 months more.

I'm a 42 year old semi-monger who is American but Lived in Peru for the past two years so I somewhat prefer regular girls seeing that living in South America I am not 'the sex prison' but love to check out 'the scene' and partake of it on occasion and when I see a stunner.

If anybody is around and would like to meet for a beer, coffee or to just hang PM me with your contact info. I really need someone to show me around the local scene also being that Ill be there for such a long time and looking to maybe relocate to Brazil id like to learn as much as possible about the country in this time. Ill be in various parts of Brazil for 6 mos. but Aug and Sept. in Rio i know that ill be in Rio.

Suerte fellas

Slaser
07-26-09, 15:55
Dutch guy, experienced in Holland, but not in Rio. Looking for someone to show me the really good places to get unexperienced company for party. I will have my own appartment, so, posibilities enough. Let e know, all tips welcome. In Rio from 9 sep for a week I think.

Garotalover
08-03-09, 13:00
I will be in Rio next week (15th) trip and am looking for a non pussy whipped wingman to hit a couple of termas and help. The buddies I am going with are pussy whipped and are only seeing 1 garota. I just cannot see myself going 5,000 mikes to see 1 puta! I am fluent in portuguese and know my way around Rio very well.

Rodeo9112
08-04-09, 02:31
Seems like alot of us from ISG and that other Sex Guide are going to be in Rio at the same time (me: Aug 18-25th). Hopefully, we can all get together...in small groups or one big pow wow and meet up at some point. If someone is going to have a really big apartment/penthouse, maybe you could host or we could meet up somewhere on Copa. Just a thought. Anyone interested, PM me.

Rodeo

A158
08-04-09, 11:14
Seems like alot of us from ISG and that other Sex Guide are going to be in Rio at the same time (me: Aug 18-25th). Hopefully, we can all get together...in small groups or one big pow wow and meet up at some point. If someone is going to have a really big apartment/penthouse, maybe you could host or we could meet up somewhere on Copa. Just a thought. Anyone interested, PM me.

Rodeo

Hi Rodeo

You are right here ....Add me to the list of visitors to Rio during this time period. While I would like to stay for a while, my trip is going to be short. In on 8/20 and out on 8/21. I have never been to Rio before. I looked at maps, and read lots of reports here. I plan to stay at the Ibis in Centro. Do you have any better suggestions? Also, if you were to put a 2 day mongering tour for a Rio newbie, what would you suggest?

Cheers

A158

Hughdad
08-04-09, 12:51
Hi Rodeo

You are right here ....Add me to the list of visitors to Rio during this time period. While I would like to stay for a while, my trip is going to be short. In on 8/20 and out on 8/21. I have never been to Rio before. I looked at maps, and read lots of reports here. I plan to stay at the Ibis in Centro. Do you have any better suggestions? Also, if you were to put a 2 day mongering tour for a Rio newbie, what would you suggest?

Cheers

A158I stayed there. Nice rooms, cheap, decent breakfast, nice staff, girl friendly, walking distAnce to Rio Branco and subway.

Close to 4x4 and Termas Cancun and Rio Branco cheap casas. lots of info on all here. Then take subway to copa.

Hobbying
08-04-09, 17:54
Will be in SP next week on the 18th for a few days.

PM me if anyone wants to meet up.

Loinel
08-05-09, 01:58
Hey, I will be in rio from 8/21 to 9/1. Anyone have a good contact and apartment near the beach? I been going to vrbo to make resvations, but not commited yet.

Thanx,

LN

Rodeo9112
08-06-09, 02:42
Hi Rodeo

Cheers

A158damn that's a short trip; I hope you're not paying for the plane ticket! Are yo just gonna go balls to the wall for 24hrs or just search for that one perfect experience? Might I suggest a balls to the wall itinerary?:

hooker beach
balcony bar
4x4
meia pataca
help
hooker beach or escort agency
centro casa

You may not be able to bust 7 nuts, but it'd be fun trying!

Rodeo

A158
08-06-09, 12:39
damn that's a short trip; I hope you're not paying for the plane ticket! Are yo just gonna go balls to the wall for 24hrs or just search for that one perfect experience? Might I suggest a balls to the wall itinerary?:

hooker beach
balcony bar
4x4
meia pataca
help
hooker beach or escort agency
centro casa

You may not be able to bust 7 nuts, but it'd be fun trying!

Rodeo

Nice suggestions Rodeo....Actually I will not be paying for the ticket. I have some business to do near GRU and will only pay for the GRU-GIG sector on GOL, which is not too bad.

If you don't mind hooking up with me it will be nice to have some company...Not the entire time off course :-). Let me know through IM

Thanks Man

Cheers

A158

Mr Enternational
08-10-09, 22:51
If anyone is hanging around Rio and would like to grab a drink or some pussy PM me.

Baracuda2
08-11-09, 04:14
Let's do it! We're in Rio 8/20 to 8/27. PM me with local contact info if available. I'll get a local mobile # as soon as I arrive.

Rodeo

Amerioca
08-13-09, 04:32
ETA: Aug. 16th, Sunday. Will be there for a week. I'm a seven year vet, lived there for three. Beach, Ts, and Help. I fly fast, and stay low. PM if you want to be my wingman. Good hunting. Cheers!

Sunset Strip
08-13-09, 05:03
TJ is on the ground August 13-21.

This trip I will spend lots of time hanging out at Meia Pataca and Mabs.

TJ

Baracuda2
08-13-09, 05:25
Looks like there will be a number of mongers in town during the week of Aug 17th. How about we pick a spot to meet. I'm a newbie, so I'll leave it to the vets to decide.

Dub624
08-14-09, 21:02
American is not that much better. No individual tv and crappy food. Miami airport is the pits imho. Other than that the times are similar to Delta if you do Miami and as of late they have some great deals.

I made a return connection in Atlanta with Delta. It was a breeze and I highly recommend Atlanta even though they opened my bag. I think I was profiled. Delta would not honor my seat selection because I did not confirm within 24 hours. Delta has invidual TV, but don't forget to confirm.

Sunset Strip
08-14-09, 23:14
I made a return connection in Atlanta with Delta. It was a breeze and I highly recommend Atlanta even though they opened my bag. I think I was profiled. Delta would not honor my seat selection because I did not confirm within 24 hours. Delta has invidual TV, but don't forget to confirm.

It IS always best to confirm

But, if you are a frequent flyer (skymiles or NE worldperks, or any skyteam for that matter) DL confirms you automatically. I always receive an email saying no need to confirm.

Another difference is ,I assume you must be on DL all the way throughout your journey.

The best advice is to sign up for the flyer program and give them your email. They seem to treat you better. Otherwise, always confirm as DUB624 says.

Continental is the best airline flying to RIO. You get an individual TV with movies running all night on multiple channels. DL has those big screens that remind me of that movie Soul Plane! (Ghetto!)

American and United treat you like cattle! You are just a reservation number to them!
TJ

Blk Big Bootyluv
08-15-09, 17:49
Greetings fellow mongers. I will be leaving for Rio on Aug.19th and will be touching down Aug 20th bright and early. Then straight to the Apartment in Copacabana Beach. Its going to be 3 of us in a 3 bedroom apartment. I'm leaving for the westcoast USA on the 30th of AUG. Lets get a F*&#('N beer! All I know is that were down the street from help disco and the Beach.

See you all in Customs!

Flexinbk
08-15-09, 22:18
Just got in, I'll be here until around the 25th. Making the usual runs, anyone care to join?

Flex.

Rodeo9112
08-15-09, 22:27
Okay, I'll be the organizer here! I say we meet at Meia Pataca at 2pm on Wednesday Aug 19th. This timing will allow folks who wanna go out and monger in the early afternoon to do so, then get to centro in time to get into some cooch at 4x4 by 5pm for the free admission...at least that's my plan!

Inevitably, some will complain about the time or location; I don't really care, you're an adult, go where you want! Anyone interested, PM me and I'll be sure to pass my local number after I get a SIM card when I land.

I look forward to meeting up!

Rodeo

Baracuda2
08-15-09, 22:50
You can count on it, I'll be seeing you in customs! :)

Greetings fellow mongers. I will be leaving for Rio on Aug.19th and will be touching down Aug 20th bright and early. Then straight to the Apartment in Copacabana Beach. Its going to be 3 of us in a 3 bedroom apartment. I'm leaving for the westcoast USA on the 30th of AUG. Lets get a F*&#('N beer! All I know is that were down the street from help disco and the Beach.

See you all in Customs!

Blk Big Bootyluv
08-16-09, 02:22
Greetings my fellow mongerers,

I'm going to be in Rio, Copa beach, in three days, for two weeks. I have studies all of 10 minutes of Brazilian Portuguese. yeah yeah,I know i'm lame. I speak fluent spanish though. I see prices that are all over the place for Garotas. What should I expect; since my Portuguese is gonna suck? My wing man has been studying pretty good. So, I'm hoping that I can get by with my spanish and his translations, if I need them. I've got about 10 yrs of mongering so, I know how to negociate. What do you think Bro's???

Rodeo9112
08-16-09, 03:31
Anyone on the Monday late night flight to Sao Paulo out of Miami?

Hobbying
08-16-09, 15:04
Anyone on the Monday late night flight to Sao Paulo out of Miami?I'll be in SP as well on Tues.

Rodeo9112
08-17-09, 08:39
I'll be in SP as well on Tues.I just have a layover there enroute to Rio.

Marcop 12
08-19-09, 19:17
Hi All,

I'm planning a trip down to Balneário Camboriú I have limited info at moment other than got amazing nightlife and bars, going for the non-gdp pickups but any mongering info anyone might have? I believe I need to get a flight from Rio to Navegantes I'm going to check out Itajai also, any hints and tips of travel, hotels & putas would be great and general experience of down south.

I'm looking at flights from cvc.com. Br but if anyones got other good flight sites for internal brazil I would also be grateful.

Rodeo9112
08-19-09, 19:24
Anyone wanna rendezvous, my Rio number is: [Telephone Number deleted by Admin].

Rodeo

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove personal telephone numbers in the text. Please do not post personal telephone numbers in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you for this information directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Rodeo9112
08-20-09, 01:05
Shit! I guess this means, y'all have to PM me for the local number.

Sorry!

Rodeo

Bad Boy Billy
08-24-09, 23:34
no not the bar helpeeee................billy has a dilemna.

as a result of a fucked up plane scheduling change i now arrive lax at 16.30 on sept 15.

i cannot for the life of me find any airlines / connections that will get me out of lax and on the way to gig at that time of afternoon / evening so i can arrive on sept 16.

would appreciate any advice from any of you rio sexperts.

(posted in rio thread also)

(picture removed)

Poucolouco
08-25-09, 00:53

as a result of a fucked up plane scheduling change i now arrive lax at 16.30 on sept 15.

i cannot for the life of me find any airlines / connections that will get me out of lax and on the way to gig at that time of afternoon / evening so i can arrive on sept 16.

try tam,
7:10 pm depart los angeles (lax)
arrive rio de janeiro (gig) 2:00 pm +1 day wed 16-sep
duration: 14hr 50mn korean air 61 code share tam brazilian airlines 8029
connect in sao paulo (gru)

btw: you might get better responses to your request if you remove your dick from your request for help.

Bad Boy Billy
08-25-09, 01:27
Try TAM,
7:10 pm Depart Los Angeles (LAX)
Arrive Rio de Janeiro (GIG) 2:00 pm +1 day Wed 16-Sep
Duration: 14hr 50mn Korean Air 61 code share TAM Brazilian Airlines 8029
Connect in Sao Paulo (GRU)

BTW: You might get better responses to your request if you remove your dick from your request for help.Thanks mate - appreciate the help - sorry about the pic.

Jake993
08-25-09, 01:37

bbb,
your only other hope would be to catch mexicana 905 from lax at 5:55 pm to mexico city (mex) with scheduled arrival at 11:35 pm.
then catch mexicana flight 375 from mexico city to caracas (ccs) at 01:05 am on sept 16th arriving at 6:30 am
then catch tam flight 8051 from caracas (ccs) at 10:20 am to sao paulo which continues on to rio de janeiro arriving at 7:20 pm.
good luck billy!!!!!!

jake

ps - as a fall back there might be a flight from mexico city to lima and then on to rio, but it arrives about the same time as the one from caracas.

Jake993
08-25-09, 01:54
Try TAM,
7:10 pm Depart Los Angeles (LAX)
Arrive Rio de Janeiro (GIG) 2:00 pm +1 day Wed 16-Sep
Duration: 14hr 50mn Korean Air 61 code share TAM Brazilian Airlines 8029
Connect in Sao Paulo (GRU)

BTW: You might get better responses to your request if you remove your dick from your request for help.
Dude,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but KE61 only flies M-W-F. Billy needs to fly on Tuesday September 15th.
Sorry man.

Poucolouco
08-25-09, 02:35
Dude,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but KE61 only flies M-W-F. Billy needs to fly on Tuesday September 15th.
Sorry man.

That sucks. Good flight, wrong day.
I suggest Billy try looking on Expedia, perhaps alter his flight from point of origin through a different airport than LAX.

http://www.expedia.com/

Bad Boy Billy
08-25-09, 02:45
I suggest Billy try looking on Expedia, perhaps alter his flight from point of origin through a different airport than LAX.

http://www.expedia.com/No can do my friend.

Flight from Australia arrives into LAX.

Poucolouco
08-25-09, 02:54
No can do my friend.

OK mate, we now have it narrowed to which country is your origin, now if you would state which airport and city, it might be easier. For instance, there are flights from Sydney to Rio connecting through BA and Sao Paulo.

Sunset Strip
08-25-09, 02:59

http://www.expedia.com/
I tried John Wayne airport (Orange County) and got nothing.

I can't think of any other airports nearby.

I see Jake looked up Mexicana, which is always a good last resort. AeroMexico's website was not working when i tried it, but I assume Jake tried them, too.

Part of the problem is getting from the West Coast to the East Coast (USA) when time works against you. You lose 2 to three hours, so arriving at 4:30pm LAX time is like 7:30pm in ATL, DC, or Miami.
Like everyone else I found nada, except for the Mexicana air flight Jake found.

TJ

Jake993
08-25-09, 03:10

(picture removed)

bbb,
your only other hope would be to catch mexicana 905 from lax at 5:55 pm to mexico city (mex) with scheduled arrival at 11:35 pm.
then catch mexicana flight 375 from mexico city to caracas (ccs) at 01:05 am on sept 16th arriving at 6:30 am
then catch tam flight 8051 from caracas (ccs) at 10:20 am to sao paulo which continues on to rio de janeiro arriving at 7:20 pm.
good luck billy!!!!!!

jake

ps - as a fall back there might be a flight from mexico city to lima and then on to rio, but it arrives about the same time as the one from caracas.

Bad Boy Billy
08-25-09, 03:58
OK mate, we now have it narrowed to which country is your origin, now if you would state which airport and city, it might be easier. For instance, there are flights from Sydney to Rio connecting through BA and Sao Paulo.Sorry for the confusion guys - Melbourne to LAX with V Australia.

Originally scheduled into LAX at 06.40 on Sept 15. But due to low loadings that flight cancelled - they shunted me onto a flight that arrives into LAX ex Sydney at 16.30 on Sept 15.

Poucolouco
08-25-09, 03:59
No can do my friend.

Would this work for you? Sydney to Rio de Janeiro from $1543 Roundtrip

10:00 am Depart Sydney (SYD) Tue 15-Sep Traveling to Rio de Janeiro
Arrive Rio de Janeiro (GIG) 10:35 pm Tue 15-Sep (same day)
Duration: 25hr 35mn - Qantas Airways 219 - LAN Airlines 800/754 - TAM Brazilian Airlines 8095
Connect in Auckland (AKL), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU)
--------------------------------------------------
Sydney (SYD) Depart 10:00 am
Terminal 1 INTERNATIONAL to Auckland (AKL) Arrive 3:05 pm
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 1,342 mi (2,160 km)
Duration: 3hr 5mn QF Flight: 219

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auckland (AKL) Depart 4:40 pm
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL to Santiago (SCL) Arrive 12:10 pm
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 5,999 mi (9,654 km)
Duration: 11hr 30mn LA Flight: 800

Santiago (SCL) Depart 2:15 pm
Terminal INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL to Sao Paulo (GRU) Arrive 7:05 pm
Terminal 2 1,613 mi (2,596 km)
Duration: 3hr 50mn LA Flight: 754

Sao Paulo (GRU) Depart 9:40 pm
Terminal 1 to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) Arrive 10:35 pm
Terminal 2 228 mi (367 km)
Duration: 0hr 55mn JJ Flight: 8095

Total distance: 9,182 mi (14,777 km)
Total duration: 19hr 20mn (25hr 35mn with connections

Bad Boy Billy
08-25-09, 07:55
Would this work for you? Sydney to Rio de Janeiro from $1543 Roundtrip Been there done that trip with Qantas / LAN - $1,543 = Billy in cattle class?

No thanks - have worked tirelessly over last 3 years to formalise strategy to acquire Biz Class seats at Coach rates - Billy aint gonna sit in the back no more.

Jake993
08-25-09, 14:34
Been there done that trip with Qantas / LAN - $1,543 = Billy in cattle class?

No thanks - have worked tirelessly over last 3 years to formalise strategy to acquire Biz Class seats at Coach rates - Billy aint gonna sit in the back no more.
B3,
You might find this to be a handy tool for solving your little travel quiz.
www.flightstats.com
What I like about it is that you can zero in on an airport or an airline (or a route for that matter) and run scenarios to see who is flying where and when. The weakness IMHO is that it will only look forward a day or two so you have to draw some conclusions on your own. What is great is that it gives you information on which airlines fly to destinations that are a bit off the beat path (like Ashgabat, Turkmenistan) where the big travel sites like Expedia and Orbitz have very incomplete information.
Good luck mate,
Jake

Hughdad
08-31-09, 19:57
I will be back in from November 20-30!

There are always lots of kids and babies on the flights!
On my flight to Rio two weeks ago I had a stinky Brazilian baby in front and behind me!

Flights to Rio used to be quite civilized and upper middle class American thing. Now you have lots of babies, loud talking, attitude problems, and strange smells!

You all know I am telling the truth.

TJAbsolutely correct about the flights! But some of those babies have some great MILFs with them. Once I had a hot young Brazilian fall asleep on my shoulder for a full flight. I woke up and we were f-ing spooning!

Seriously - you definately need the Bose noise cancelling headphones connected to an iPod, a completely dark eye mask that blocks out all the light, a window seat with some pillows to prop up against the window, and a few stiff drinks before boarding. The Bose headphones are worth every penny of the $300 price tag. You can't hear a f-ing thing. I am usually asleep before take-off and wake up in time for breakfast. Get a good 6 or 7 hours of sleep in.

But the smells and bathrooms get pretty gross.

Bad Boy Billy
09-01-09, 04:25
Billy will be in Rio Sept 17 to 22.

Will be flying solo so if anybody looking to hook up drop me a pm.

Am planning a 12 girl 3 guy Fiesta on maybe Sept 21 - if interested let's chat.

Never been to VM either so I want to at least visit there this time - anybody prepared to show me around would appreciate it - I do not need 'hand holding' just think it may be prudent to have a wing man first visit.

If you see any of the attached buttons around you will know Billy is / was close by - please say 'gday mate'.

Sunset Strip
09-01-09, 18:56
I will be back in from November 20-30!

Since some are discussing the downturn (supposedly) of Copa as a result of the increase in gringos in the 2000s, I will go ahead and make these points:

Has anybody else noticed how worse flights to Rio have gotten since Varig went under? The Brazilians fly US airlines and fill up all the seats that once were open. It used to be nice to lie down in the open seats. NO MORE!

There are always lots of kids and babies on the flights!
On my flight to Rio two weeks ago I had a stinky Brazilian baby in front and behind me!

The Brazilians talk ALL OF THE TIME! They never shut up! Plus, they have to get up repeatedly during the flight. FLY TAM PLEASE! PLEASE!

The thing I really dislike is that Brazilians buy lots of tickets for separate seats and then ask you, the single American traveler, to switch seats. I used to always do it.

But on my trip down a Brazilian ***** raised her voice at me because I was in one of her family members' seat. "these are our seats, you need move!" Ok Brazilians I get the point. When you need something you want us to help but then you catch an attitude vey fast.
No more nice guy, I will tell them to go to hell. And I mean I am going to use those words!

Flights to Rio used to be quite civilized and upper middle class American thing. Now you have lots of babies, loud talking, attitude problems, and strange smells!

You all know I am telling the truth.

P.S.
Airline food is crappy. But have you noticed the Brazilans eat every bite and eat it fast?

last thing, they bring too many bags! FLY TAM PLEASE!
TJ

Sunset Strip
09-01-09, 18:59
Absolutely correct about the flights! But some of those babies have some great MILFs with them. Once I had a hot young Brazilian fall asleep on my shoulder for a full flight. I woke up and we were f-ing spooning!

Seriously - you definately need the Bose noise cancelling headphones connected to an iPod, a completely dark eye mask that blocks out all the light, a window seat with some pillows to prop up against the window, and a few stiff drinks before boarding. The Bose headphones are worth every penny of the $300 price tag. You can't hear a f-ing thing. I am usually asleep before take-off and wake up in time for breakfast. Get a good 6 or 7 hours of sleep in.

But the smells and bathrooms get pretty gross.
OK. You might be right about the MILFS.

I was not going to say this but, on the flight down they could see I was pissed. I think they tried to win me over.

One of the milfs kept putting her butt in my face. Then her daughter stood right in front of me with her snatch in my face and later HAD to brush up against me full body to get to and from the bathroom.

TJ

Sunset Strip
09-02-09, 18:30
TJ will arrive November 20.

If you are in BA 85 or Mabs and see girls with farwaway looks in their eyes and they are singing my theme song:
"Nobody Does it Better", James Bond's theme from The Spy Who Loved Me

Then you will know! LOL
I have asked the girls to contain themselves, so they may just hum a few bars as I am coming-and-going.

TJ

Poucolouco
09-02-09, 23:56
TJ will arrive November 20.
If you are in BA 85 or Mabs and see girls with farwaway looks in their eyes and they are singing my theme song:
"Nobody Does it Better", James Bond's theme from The Spy Who Loved Me

Then you will know! LOL
I have asked the girls to contain themselves, so they may just hum a few bars as I am coming-and-going. TJ

So funny. Assim banned me from Mabs because every time I enter the restaurant the girls get all wet and stick to their chairs. rsrsrs ;)

Sunset Strip
09-05-09, 00:00
So funny. Assim banned me from Mabs because every time I enter the restaurant the girls get all wet and stick to their chairs. rsrsrs ;)
Life can be tough.

Speaking of Mabs I just heard Elisabeth, from Porto Alegre, married a German guy and lives in Hamburg. This could all be made up, I know.

TJ

The Watcher
09-05-09, 00:33
Speaking of Mabs I just heard Elisabeth, from Porto Alegre, married a German guy and lives in Hamburg. This could all be made up, I know.

TJDo you mean Elisabeth, the older blonde lady with big bosoms who acts as a mama-san to Lucianne (aka the cat girl)? If so, that is too bad because I have a friend who intended to try Elisabeth out on his next visit - he has been flirting with her for years.

Speaking of the cat girl, I heard she was hanging out in centro and catering to Filipino sailors.

Sunset Strip
09-05-09, 18:43
Do you mean Elisabeth, the older blonde lady with big bosoms who acts as a mama-san to Lucianne (aka the cat girl)? If so, that is too bad because I have a friend who intended to try Elisabeth out on his next visit - he has been flirting with her for years.

Speaking of the cat girl, I heard she was hanging out in centro and catering to Filipino sailors.No. Not that Elisabeth. The blonde is still there and you should check her out on your next trip.

This Elisabeth was brown skinned with curly hair. She was from Porto Alegre and has not been around since 2007.

Oh, by the way Esmerelde, brown skinned, spoke English, who used to hang out there before having a baby is reportedly very fat! I have not seen her but the girls all say you will be shocked to see her as she has gotten huge!

Do you mean Luciana, short girl, with black hair? She took care of the cat that lived at Mabs?

TJ

JohnnyBraz
09-07-09, 10:00
In Rio from 21st September till 15th off October. 4th trip this year. Any senior members want to hit centro termas or copa ones pm me.

Tomjoha
09-13-09, 15:29
Hi,

I have rented a house in Barra for the 8 th of January to the 1 Feb.

Does anyone want a place to stay or got some hints tips fore me?

Please get in touch.

Bad Boy Billy
09-14-09, 22:53
Billy leaves Australia in 10 hours (04.00am Tuesday Rio time) - arrive Rio at 08.00am on Thursday.

In town 5 nights - hunting alone at this time - anybody looking too hook up drop me a pm.

I just gotta be part of another 'Fiesta' so I need a couple of side kicks to share.

Greg Williams
09-19-09, 02:41
Hi all,

Is anyone in Rio for the first 2 weeks in Nov? I would my wing man can't make the trip.

Thanks much.

Hughdad
09-19-09, 16:41
Hi all,

Is anyone in Rio for the first 2 weeks in Nov? I would my wing man can't make the trip.

Thanks much.Are you a paying member?

I tried sending you a PM.

Blonde
09-20-09, 17:53
Hi,

I will be in Rio 5 nights in the end of october. I may travelling alone this time so if anyone want to take a beer and a chat pls reply on my report.

Regards

Greg Williams
09-21-09, 23:40
I am just a regular member. I will nail down my dates for Nov and if anyone wants to share a beer in Help maybe we can link up.

Are you a paying member?

I tried sending you a PM.

Bunda Man
09-28-09, 02:53
Anyone planning on being in Rio during these dates? Flying solo this trip and trying to decide between a week in Costa Rica(at the Sportsmans Lodge where I have found it easier to meet a wingman) or in Rio where I have had more difficulty meeting a wingman in past trips. Thanks.

Gfechaser
09-28-09, 04:54
Anyone planning on being in Rio during these dates? Flying solo this trip and trying to decide between a week in Costa Rica(at the Sportsmans Lodge where I have found it easier to meet a wingman) or in Rio where I have had more difficulty meeting a wingman in past trips. Thanks.Last time I was in Brazil I met up with some guys that congregated around Amerioca Tours by the beach. Don and his friend that runs the place would coordinate allot of terma trips. Met up with some cool guys there.

Ryjerrob
09-30-09, 17:23
These mofo bitches!!!!!! When I miss a trip to Rio after six months, I always get caught up in that bullshit from these American bitches, and their games. I almost forgot!!!! Thank you for the reminder bitches!!!

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!".

Next stop, Rio in 30 days!!!!

Ryjer

Exec Talent
09-30-09, 18:59
Practice after me -- Sorry, I only date Brazilian women.

If you are really feeling it -- Sorry, I only date Brazilian women. Unlike American women, they really know how to please a man.

If you are really really feeling it --- Sorry, I only date HOT Brazilian women. In Rio, you would be about a 3. (Be prepared to duck the throwing of her drink or that of any nearby object).

Sloored
09-30-09, 21:05
Guys,

I'm going to Rio for a Short R & R

We will be arriving 10/29 and departing 11/2

Anyone else going to be down at this time.

Sloored

Gfechaser
10-01-09, 02:56
These mofo bitches!!!!!! When I miss a trip to Rio after six months, I always get caught up in that bullshit from these American bitches, and their games. I almost forgot!!!! Thank you for the reminder bitches!!!

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!".

Next stop, Rio in 30 days!

RyjerWhat happened Ryjer?

Fubarman
10-07-09, 07:15
First trip to Rio. Would love to hang with a more experienced Rio monger.

Anyone going to be there 10/16-11/1?

Cheers,

Fubarman

Cyberpycho
10-15-09, 23:29
I will be in Sao Paulo from November 17th through the 23rd. Would like to run with someone who knows where to go. Although it is a business trip I plan on playing harder than working. I intend on fucking Brazilian pussy until my balls shrivel up like raisins. Let me know if anybody will be down there at this time and wants someone who can hang with them.

Cyberpycho

Amir76
10-16-09, 15:47
I'll be in Sao paulo on the 23rd (Friday Land @6pm) will head to Bomboa and Tivoly if anyone wants to join.

Ryjerrob
10-18-09, 21:00
What happened Ryjer?

Started hangin' with some women from my local area, and then of course the usual bullshit. Too much drama from these bitches. Just in dire need of a vacation back to the land of the thong!!!!!!!!

Gfechaser
10-18-09, 23:05
I will be headed back to Brasil in the Beginning of December 2 through the 12. If anyone wants to head to Solarium just let me know. I want to head there and check out 65 this time around.

Gfechaser
10-18-09, 23:08
Started hangin' with some women from my local area, and then of course the usual bullshit. Too much drama from these bitches. Just in dire need of a vacation back to the land of the thong!!!!!!!!

I also ran into some problems. I don't know that it is but even the most scandalous women I have met around the world have nothing on some if the women I have met in the States. But then again I am biased because I live here.

JerseyGuy123
10-23-09, 01:15
Amir 76

I'm in Sao Paulo from Oct,22-24. If you want to get together on 23rd .e-mail me at texx123@aol.com. I'm staying at Sao Paulo Renaissance hotel.
If anyone else is in town and needs wingman, send me a e-mail.

J Falcon
10-30-09, 20:47
I'm spending November 2009 traveling around Brazil and if you'd like to share beer, story, or information PM me (I just became a paid member so the PM function may take a a few hours before it works). Also, if you have input please share. I'll also post in the individual threads.

BACKGROUND: I've traveled extensively around Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas (but not Brazil). I've enjoyed mostly non-pro and some pro action in the Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Singapore, Kenya, and Ghana. I'm in my 40s, in good shape, with reasonable game. I speak English, basic French, and a little Spanish. I'm going to take a few Portuguese lessons before leaving, although I doubt I'll get very fluent in such a short time. But I figure a little fluency is better than none.

GOALS. After a few days of business in Sao Paulo, I'm looking for some cultural/natural adventures, beach relaxation, and of course lots of sex. I'd prefer non-pro action but given my limited Portuguese, I'll probably end up with mostly pros. I'm also considering relocating for part of the year to a warm pussy paradise in the near future, so I'd like to evaluate various areas in Brazil with that in mind. I want to a feeling for what Brazil is like, if I enjoy myself I will return and spend more time in my favorite places.

ITINERARY. I bought a TAM pass (a great value! ) with direct flights that will take me to:

Sao Paulo (2 days, 1-2 Nov, Sun-Mon)
Manaus (5 days, 2-8 Nov, Mon-Sun)
Fortaleza (4 days, 8-12 Nov, Sun-Thurs)
Salvador, city & beach nearby (9 days, 12-21 Nov, Mon-Fri)
Rio (8 days, 21-30 Nov, Sat-Mon)

QUESTIONS & COMMENTS

1) If any of you will be in any of the areas above it would be great to share a beer, information, and stories. PM me know if you're interested.

2) Do you have any recommendations for a clean, relaxing, beach town near Salvador, that still has enough action for hot nights?

3) Please share any tips or information about places to stay, places to meet women, etc. I have read through a lot of the postings, and will continue to go through the rest. When I'm done I'll post an update that everyone can comment on in the individual forums, but if you have some specific information you'd like to share now, that would be most welcome.

Cheers! JFalcon

Sexmachine1
11-01-09, 22:47
Hi Guys

I will be in Rio Nov. 3 to Nov. 10 staying in Copa near Help.

Anybody wants to get together for Termas, Help etc. PM me.

SM1

Greg Williams
11-03-09, 04:58
Unfortunately I had to cancel my Nov trip to Rio. My boss is a jerk and in this economy I can't kick up a stink. You guys enjoy and have a Skol for me LOL.

Long John 200
11-05-09, 09:57
I booked a last minute vacation to Rio and planning on being in Rio on November 20 - 22. Its been 6 years since my last trip but it sounds like not much has changed.

Any other mongers that want to go have a few beers and hit the termas and Help would be welcome.

Member #3439
11-08-09, 08:15
Unfortunately I had to cancel my Nov trip to Rio. My boss is a jerk and in this economy I can't kick up a stink. You guys enjoy and have a Skol for me LOL.You need to make your boss think that you don't like Brasil and then maybe he'll send you. No boss or coworker wants you to go on a trip that you might enjoy. Whenever the topic of a trip comes up, I act annoyed but willing to 'take one for the team' and go. Most people think it is dirty and dangerous, so they are glad to sacrifice me in their place.

I tell horror stories when I come back to the office. Now the only other people willing to go are the early-20's naive guys who think they can go down to the beach and pick up non-pros all day long without any knowledge of Porto, like gods on earth because they think that all those poor Brasileiras are dying to meet someone who can take them to a better place..haha.

Mr Enternational
11-08-09, 21:30
arriving in rio tomorrow. anybody want get together send me a pm.

Seekist
11-09-09, 21:12
Hi looking for one bedroom apartment in Barra The last week of Jan. First week of Feb. Something simple but nice. Thank you for any input the Seekist.

Sunset Strip
11-11-09, 01:26
Google will provide free wi fi in certain airports for the Holidays. So there is no excuse for not posting complete trip reports this year.

http://www.freeholidaywifi.com/

TJ

Amerioca
11-11-09, 04:21
Baggio, and I, will be arriving Tues. In the evening, we will be at LM. Meet us for beers ;-)

Cyberpycho
11-15-09, 23:18
Will be going to SP for first time tomorrow. Will have one week in country. Any recommendations on absolute must see and do. Been in BA for past two weeks and had a great time. Wish to top it off with a better one in Brazil.

Thanks,

Cyberpycho

Tilleul1
11-17-09, 17:28
Hi everybody,

I will be in Rio 6-12 dec. it will be a pleasure to meet some other mongers and share some beers , let's say in Luomo?

Monger X
11-23-09, 20:43
Will be arriving in Sampa Dec 5 and thinking of spending 2 nights at Staybridge Suites on Rua Banderia, Paulista before meeting my co-worker on Monday. Is this a good choice? What is nearby in terms of clubs, massage?
Also I've been communicating with a GDP who is offering 2 hours for R$300; is that about right? Too much? Any suggestions greatly appreciated- PM if you want.

Hughdad
11-25-09, 21:43
I'll be in Rio all next week and will have some time to meet on Dec 3, 4 and 5. Thinking of trying to arrange a festa on Saturday 12/5 if anyone is around and interested.

The following week I will be in SP on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (the 10th, 11th and 12th). I have used the recent great SP reports to plan some. Hopefully. Great outings to prives, clinicas, and to arrange some visits with some well-reviewed GDP's in their flats. I am not interested in the high priced clubs and GDPs there.

Let me know if you plan on being in either place and perhaps our schedules can synch up.

Felipe2006
12-04-09, 18:08
Hello,

I will be in Rio next week (Tue-Sat). Fellow members who would like to meet for Termas etc just let me know. I've been to Rio & Brazil several times, so I'm not exactly a rookie.

Suerte,

Felipe

Jo In Rio
12-05-09, 09:25
Hi guys,

I am in Rio from January to March next year (actually from December, but not easily available). I´ll be organizing some semi-private fetish events/stag parties and I am always looking for appropriate locations. If you know a location that can hold about 12 people and has a soft flooring of approx. 3 x 3 metres or a huge bed please let me know. It could also be a gym with judo mats. I´d also be happy to have a drink with you or be the occasional wingman.

Let´s have a good time in Rio!

Jo

The God Berto
12-06-09, 05:17
I'll be back in RJ for the holidays this year. This is my first time going to RJ over the holiday season. I'll be there from 12/25 thru 1/25. Any suggestions on NYE events or parties.

Let me know, thanks.

Sperano M F
12-06-09, 23:00
Newbie to Brasil here, will be backpacking around the country from Dec 26th to Feb 21st. Will be in Rio from 2/1 to 2/16 and was planning at hitting up the termas in centro such as 4X4. I have read up on the subject here and on a few other sites but had some questions on availability and prices during high season. Any advice on whether or not they will be open during the festivities and how much one could expect to pay for entrance and 40 minutes in a cabine during carnaval? Also is there any chance for an overweight gringo with limited Portuguese to land a non pro? I've heard mixed messages about what goes on and am just seeking some clarification from those who have gone before.

Allforrio
12-07-09, 11:12
This my eight trip never touched down in Vila Mimosa been many places termas casas in centro help MP you ame it

But never seem to hit VM would love to have a wing man

Don't have I'm so post here please

Many thanks

Marelobo Mex
12-09-09, 18:43
I will be in Sao Paulo next week and looking to have some fun at night.

If anyone is willing to show a Newbie around it would be greatly appreciated.

I typically look for the type of girl I would have dated in college. Thin, firm body, small very firm real breasts, prefer average faces, like blowjobs more than banging, found girls who wear braces often give the best head, I don't know why.

I read through the first few forum pages, and it seems prices are little a higher than I guessed, That is not a huge concern for me, but lower is always better and I prefer not to get ripped off.

Anyone willing to help, let me know.

Marelobo

Greengo
12-14-09, 00:18
I'll be in Rio for a week.

Anyone want to meet up for a beer, compare notes, hit the termas etc?

I speak some Portuguese and have been to Rio before.

Greengo

Patrik Miller
12-26-09, 20:46
Hello, folks

On 29th of December I arrive in Rio for the first time. I'll stay there for 5 days. If somebody is in the city and to show me little arround, explain me the situation I would appreciate it.

I heard a lot of bad stories about Rio. Dangerous, big criminality and so far. I hope there is an area where it is ok as a tourist. I don't like to stay in the hotel like a prisioner. Or with some girls maybe ok. Haha.

Let me know if somebody is there.

Felix Navidad

Patrik

Patrik Miller
12-27-09, 04:19
Somebody in Rio from 29. 12.. 3. 1.? I come here for the first time. It would be nice to drink a beer with somebody and share some information.

I am also open for some safety tipps. I just hear bad news about the criminality in Rio.

God hunting

Patrik

Mr Enternational
01-01-10, 19:35
I'll be arriving in Rio on the 13th if anyone is around and wants to grab a drink.

Lonzof
01-03-10, 03:16
Well gents I'm getting pumped since I will leave for Rio in 20 days. Have several gdps that I plan to see while in rio but as most know plans change since women are all around. Plan to session more at the apartment and create my very own termas at VIPS. Hope the weather holds up and flight delays to rio are minimum. Weather is always an issue flying from Midwest i.e. Chicago.

Lonzof

Slimtower
01-03-10, 05:34
I'll be arriving in Rio on the 13th if anyone is around and wants to grab a drink.Me and three friends of mine will be down there jan 15 to?

Lol. Definetly let all link up and have a drink and a couple of gdps.

Pau Duro
01-09-10, 14:49
Hello, guys,

Iam gona arrive on the 16. 01. In Rio. I should stay arround the Copa/ Ipanema area. I prefer to arrange an Apartment when ia am there than already from home.

So it would be nice to meet some new faces to have a drink or two and of course have some fun as well.!

So lets see if we find out whats the new spots gona be to pick up some nice

Company for the lonsesome nights.

See you in Rio

Eros74
01-13-10, 16:41
Now in Rio, who wants to meet to go to the beach and/or to termas ?

Chercheur
02-07-10, 15:44
Hi everybody

First, I want to say thank you to all those who have posted here. It has been a pleasure to read their reports (some are very good writers) and a good help to choose my destinations and to find quickly what I am looking for.

I am now in Rio and I'd be glad to meet fellow mongers for drink, beach, balcon, termas.

BTW : in the evening is there an alternative to the balcon?

Jasss
02-26-10, 19:37
Gonna be in rio, 4mar onwards, any mongers want to join me for a beer and some pussy hunting?

Thanks for all your reports, glad to return to tap some carioca ass after 3years.

Smokers Rule
03-06-10, 17:27
I will be in Rio Mar 10-21!

Xman K3
03-07-10, 01:09
Man, I can't wait to hit the beach and bitches again.

I'm arriving in Rio 12th-20th.

I rented duplex penthouse.

Lets have a party people.

Greg Williams
03-08-10, 04:08
Hi,

Any of you guys in Rio during that time? Care to share a few Skols?

I finally got my schedule worked out with my boss.

Gringolovebrazil
03-08-10, 13:30
I will be in Rio Mar 10-21!I will be in Rio March 17-19. Would love to do some partying man.

Gringolovebrazil
03-08-10, 13:40
Gonna be in rio, 4mar onwards, any mongers want to join me for a beer and some pussy hunting?

Thanks for all your reports, glad to return to tap some carioca ass after 3years.I arrive Rio March 17 til 19 and will be in Sao Paulo for two days before that. I'm gonna tap some Paulistana and Carioca ass man. Let's party bro.

Gringolovebrazil
03-08-10, 13:41
Anyone wanna party?

I want to tap some serious bunda and get me some boceta and cu baby.

Jazzy Daddy
03-09-10, 23:05
After dancing at Sambódromo with Beija-Flor (and coming in second because some lazy Brit didn't bother to learn the Enredo or Samba),I decided to learn drumming. I was fortunate to have my teacher ( a cousin of one of the drummers for Beija-Flor) take me under his wing. Now I have the opportunity to play in Carnaval. I will be heading there for my first audition in May. If anyone wants to hook up for a drink let me know. I speak, read and write Português very well. Been going since 1998.

Rio Bob
03-10-10, 01:07
When I'm in Rio on St. Patrick’s Day I usually go to Shenanigans Irish pub in Ipanema, I'll be there March 17, if anyone wants to imbibe in some Guinness and check out the local talent I'll be there. Renting a friends place in Ipanema, so Ill be close.

Daidalus
03-18-10, 14:19
After almost 2 years in Libya I am finally on my way back to a friendly country.

I expect to be in Rio this weekend for the first time in three years. Found a nice hotel a couple of blocks from the Balcony bar which I am happy to see still exists. I am crushed Help is gone... Does anyone know if the Curascaria (Spelling is not my strong point) around the corner from the balcony Bar is still there? Anyway if you see what looks like a derelict version of Santa at the Balcony that's probably me getting reacquainted with Alcohol.

===============================================

Hi Daidalus,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Greg Williams
03-31-10, 22:12
No one traveling those dates? Would be cool to meet English speaking folks for a beer or two.

Columbian Lover
04-16-10, 02:30
Gentlemen,
I am taking my first trip to SP.

I would love to get together with someone who could help me around the night life.

Send me an email. I am not sure who live in SP or is a regular visitor.

Thanks

Watchman4400
04-20-10, 02:29
I will be back in Beautiful Brazil to feel all the bountiful bundas! April 29 through May 4! I am sad that Help is no longer but there will still be lots of things to get into!

Greg Williams
04-24-10, 01:59
Watchman I will be there those dates also.

Qaz Wsx
04-24-10, 06:18
I am planning on going to rdj or sp, possibly the last two weeks of July. Any hotel recommendations.

Also its possible to live off 2k for weeks or do I need more.

I am mostly an asian country traveler.

Trying a new scene since I have the time now.

Thanks in advance

===============================================

Hi Qaz Wsx,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

MCruddy
04-27-10, 23:06
Going to Rio for Carnival 2011, March 5-8th. Anyone interested or planning a trip then?

MCruddy

Whiskey Lova
05-14-10, 06:54
Hey everybody,

I am planning to visit Rio for the week of June 14th. Planning to do some termas / bar hopping while visiting. If anybody interested in tagging along just send me an PM.

Admin
05-16-10, 17:29
Greetings Everyone,

I recently cleaned up this thread by deleting several reports that were improperly posted here in the Travel Plans and Announcements thread.

If you want to advise everyone of your impending travel plans, please do so here.

If you want to ask questions, engage in discussions or post comments about traveling, then please do so in the appropriate thread.

This cleanup process is not perfect, and it's possible that I may have inadvertently moved a few otherwise legitimate posts. If you find that your own report was also moved ot deleted, please don't take it personally.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jazzy Daddy
05-20-10, 17:51
I arrive June 9th for my drumming audition, got an apartment in Copa. PM me if anyone wants to hook up for morning coffee...

Dos Lunas
05-23-10, 06:58
Will be in Rio next week and looking for others to check out the termas and centro locations.

Hughdad
06-09-10, 20:11
Sounds like a pisser.

Member #3439
06-17-10, 04:52
I'll be in Rio this Saturday, and then again from 6/26-7/2.

I'll be hanging out in Centro, VM, and Lapa. If anyone is interested in meeting up, pm me.

Bijou
06-27-10, 23:22
I'm taking my first trip to Brazil and decided to go to Fortaleza instead of Rio Or Sao Paulo. If anyone else is going to be there July 19-26, PM if you want to grab a beer.

Bijou

Almotu
07-12-10, 05:04
Will be making my annual pilgrimage to Brasil . . . In Sao Paulo (Aug 19 - Aug 28) then in Rio until Sep 6.

David Smash
07-13-10, 08:34
Hey I had to delay but come Aug 21-29 I'm going to pop my cherry in Rio!!!!

Rikkit2
07-14-10, 05:28
Hi all,

I'll be in town for two weeks, and hope to catch up with a number of you while I am kicking back in Rio.

Chipshot
07-16-10, 08:10
Hello Gents:

I'm coming to SP for my first time July 20-23 (on to BA after that). Staying at the Renaissance. If anyone wants to grab a beer or two send me a message. If you know a hot coroa or two that you can refer even better!

Thanks,

Chipshot

Crazy Jim Wood
07-17-10, 20:02
Hi all, I am here 17-21 Jul, pm if you want to hook up.

Gfechaser
07-21-10, 17:02
I will be in Rio Sept 9th to the 19th. If anyone would like to hang out at this time drop me a PM. I will be traveling to Solarium, Monte Carlo, and Luomo. Maybe 4 x 4.

Amerioca
07-28-10, 01:04
Baggio, and I, will be down from Aug. 28th.- Sept 7th. Valeu!

David Smash
08-08-10, 14:17
Going to Rio for the first time Aug 20-28 would love for a vet to show me the ropes and help with my Porteguese.

Ham Hock
08-08-10, 14:37
Gents,

I will be there from Sept. 2-7, including Labor Day weekend. Would love to have coffee or a beer with one of you expericenced guys willing to impart some on-the-ground info while I am there.

Many thanks,

Ham Hock

Upyorez
08-09-10, 01:48
Hi,

I'll be in Sao Paulo on Sep 3-5. Then in Rio from Sep 6-11.

Anyone interested in hooking up, let me know.

Gfechaser
08-10-10, 17:14
I am headed back to Rio Sept 9th through Sept 20th. If someone wants to grab a drink let me know.

Joe Shmoe
08-15-10, 02:02
I will be headed to Rio for the first time next week. 16th-25th. I will be staying in Copa and planning to hit most of the major termas, as well as some of the budget ones. Hit me up!

Brazil Specialist
08-16-10, 08:55
I have been a resident of Brazil for decades. I live 3 blocks from now defunct Help.

I am not doing 3 girls a day as I used to, for decades, but still get my regular girl entertainment. Everywhere except from where the average tourist goes. Cheap brothels (not just for the price, but if you look hard you find younger (legal) and fresher beginner girls then in termas. Last week I was the very first customer of a 19 year old black girl who barely had arrived for her interview. And I frequently catch girls on their 2nd or 3rd day of work.). Or scortshow.net orgies. Or private introductions to semi-pro girls.

I frequently advise visitors, even before they come (I have a US phone line). I also rent 2 suites in my apartment, which are useful for total newbies and for experienced travellers who are tired of the usual routine and want to learn something new. But no hard sell, just mentioning ...... I do this actually more for fun and having like minded people around then for the money.

Sometimes I need some shopping items from the US, if you volunteer to bring something (I pay your cost, of course), let me know.

Some of you guys need to pay membership here at least the months when you travel! I type long messages and then get this:

Upyorez has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Joe Shmoe has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages.

Berkonal
08-16-10, 10:51
Hi,

I will be in Sao Paulo on Sep 2. 9. So you can count me in but I must admit I have no idea about SP. Its my first time.

Hi,

I'll be in Sao Paulo on Sep 3-5. Then in Rio from Sep 6-11.

Anyone interested in hooking up, let me know.

RioGuest
08-22-10, 23:49
I will be in rio Nov. 11-29. PM me if you would like to maybe share a two bedroom apt.

Third time for me, newbys welcome.

Spiral Tribe
09-01-10, 13:22
Someone in Rio right now (01/09/2010)?

I'm a 33 guy from Italy and I like to meet people of this forum.

I'm near posto 6.

Bye bye!

Brazil Specialist
09-02-10, 02:26
Someone in Rio right now (01/09/2010)?

I'm a 33 guy from Italy and I like to meet people of this forum.

I'm near posto 6.

Bye bye!

a) I am always in Rio, posto 5

b) I am working to answer your post, and get this

1. Spiral Tribe has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

c) you may send me a PM with your contact info, email, phone, etc.

d) If you guys ask questions, be nice to the board owner, pay your membership for a few months, then everyone can contact you. It is frustrating to type a message to you and ten read the above message and lose what we typed.

e) have fun in Rio

f) if you guys come to Rio, feel free to contact me EARLY before you get here. I can help with general advice, apartment or hotel info, my own apartment info, .. I also I could sometimes could use help with you bringing some needed items from USA. I can phone you, if I email you it usually is in your spam filter. Make sure you check your spam folder for my reply .....,

g) make sure you read Bwana Dik's guide and Bubba (?) guide, and general posts about Rio. So your basic questions are already answered (Rio 101-104)

Almotu
09-04-10, 13:32
Guys coming down for the Labor Day holiday, be prepared for limited talent this Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday is a major holiday and I can already confirm that the Centro massage places will be closed. The receptionist of 181/#801 told me they won't re-open until Wednesday!

If you have phone numbers of GDPs, start the process of locking in a date for Tuesday.

I am not sure of the status of the Termas. 4x4 and places located in Centro most likely will be close on Tuesday. The Zona Sul ones catering to the tourist crowd might be open.

Good Luck to all.

Doc Bill
09-04-10, 19:30
I will be in Rio 17-26 sept. Feel free to pm me if you want to hang out, have a drink, and/or visit a terma.
Doc

Heyholetsgo
09-09-10, 04:57
Hi,

I lived for many years in the US and the UK and now I recently moved here to Sao Paulo, and am usually up to a punt at Cafe Photo, Coniff/Misterium or Scandallo.

So if you're in town and need a wing-man, drop me a line. Abraço!

Tribute15
09-18-10, 12:16
Hi Guys,

I will be in Sao Paulo on the 26th of September- 4th of October. looking to hook up with guys from forum.

Tribute15
09-18-10, 12:33
Hi,

I lived for many years in the US and the UK and now I recently moved here to Sao Paulo, and am usually up to a punt at Cafe Photo, Coniff/Misterium or Scandallo.

So if you're in town and need a wing-man, drop me a line. Abraço!Hi Heyletsgo,

I tried to PM you, seems you can't receive PM. I will be in Sao Paulo for ten days b/w 26th september- 4th October. like to meet someone who knows the town and speaks the lingo.

Amerioca
09-22-10, 04:22
I am scheduled to arrive on Sept. 29th. Tentatively, I am to return CONUS on Oct. 6th.

Greg Williams
09-23-10, 04:21
Will be there with my wing man this time. Anyone wants to hang out with us and share a beer please reply.

Landcruiser
09-24-10, 02:49
Will be there with my wing man this time. Anyone wants to hang out with us and share a beer please reply.I will be in Sao Paulo on the same dates (Oct 23 - 30), on a business trip. This is my first trip to Brazil. It would be fun to hang out with guys from the forum.

Richard Kopf
09-24-10, 10:47
First visit, and no idea where to start.

Teddy King
09-26-10, 16:13
Hi,

So if you're in town and need a wing-man, drop me a line. Abraço!I'll be in Sao Paulo from 9/27-9/30, anyone want to visit some of the more upscale clubs please drop me a message.

Teddy King
09-26-10, 16:35
Hi guys,

I'll be in Sao Paulo 9/26-9/30, drop me a line if you want to visit some of the more upscale clubs in Sao Paulo.

Teddy King
09-26-10, 17:11
I'll be in SP 9/27-9/30 anyone that wants to hit up upscale clubs please drop me a line.

Greg Williams
09-29-10, 10:32
I will be in Sao Paulo on the same dates (Oct 23 - 30), on a business trip. This is my first trip to Brazil. It would be fun to hang out with guys from the forum.I'll be in Rio though. Don't plan to visit SP.

Wonderguy
10-11-10, 14:07
Hi Guys!

I'm going to Rio for the first time! First time in Brazil as a matter of fact. I'll be in Rio for three weeks, and arrive on the 3rd of November. Anyone up for hanging out, let me now, I'm 36 and a going for the Garotas!

Ramblingman
10-12-10, 02:24
I'm going to Rio for the first time November 27-29. I would really appreciate someone showing me around and be glad to pay for drinks and meals. I am looking to get to know the city for when I return again.

Thanks in advance!

Jsm1393
10-12-10, 22:31
Second time, know my way around some of the Termas and clubs, but would appreciate a guide for Villa Mimosa and some of the massage joints. PM me if you're in town and can meet.

Brazil Specialist
10-13-10, 08:45
Second time, know my way around some of the Termas and clubs, but would appreciate a guide for Villa Mimosa and some of the massage joints. PM me if you're in town and can meet.

Hi, I am (almost) always in Rio. Just a few blocks from now defunct "Help".

I can take you to Vila Mimosa, but I know other places that I consider much better, a little cleaner, and a maybe even a little cheaper (yes, really). I love daytime activities and love to get girls right in the beginning of their carreer for low prices. 3 years later you will find her at Centaurus for 3 - 10 times the price.

I am usually happy to help out and take people to my favorite cheap places, or organize some party with www.scortshow.net or www.karlamodels.net girls.

I also often am grateful if someone can bring some shopping items from the US (I pay your cost, of course). Right now I am looking for a good soul to bring me a major item (1 piece of luggage). In this case i can even offer a few days of free stay in my rental rooms (a rare chance to have a cheap Rio trip, considering that I can help you to get savings with other items like girls)

I also have 2 suites for rent. It is a little different as it is in my apartment, sort of a roommate situation, but with your own suite with own bath room. A little less privacy but safer then regular rentals, and everything works (like my own DSL internet with backup 3G). And usually it comes with lots of advice about girls and safety. If interested, send me a pm with all your contact info, email, skype, msn, phone, time to call and make sure you check your spam filter for my reply.

No hard sell, no need to rent or bring me things. I am just having fun and usually enjoy helping out and giving advice. I can talk to you on the phone before your trip to help your planning (talking is easier then typing long long stories)

Brazil Specialist
10-13-10, 09:02
Hi Guys!

I'm going to Rio for the first time! First time in Brazil as a matter of fact. I'll be in Rio for three weeks, and arrive on the 3rd of November. Anyone up for hanging out, let me now, I'm 36 and a going for the Garotas!

I wrote you a long private message. This is the reply I got:

Wonderguy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

It is frustrating to write a long message and then not being able to send it to you. You probably did not know you could not receive private messages.

This site is free, but there are a few perks you need to pay for. Like for receiving private messages. If you travel now, it is worth paying up.

It is also a way of saying "thank you" to the guy that has been running this site for decades. I hope you read the other sections here that have lots of Rio advice, guides, etc.

No, I am not getting paid for this advertising. And yes, long term members and contributors can get these perks without pay.

Enjoy Rio! Get in touch with me and I see what I can help you.

MCruddy
10-14-10, 01:54
Will be in Rio during Carnival for 10 days in March 2011. Exact days will be March 2-12. Carnival is March 5-8th. Anyone on the board planning on being there?

MCruddy

Exec Talent
10-14-10, 04:48
I have been seeing ads all over the internet, the latest at Priests Online, placed by a guy who rents rooms in his Rio apartment. Although I have the money to stay at the Sofitel, Marriott or even the Copacabana Palace, I would rather schlepp his oversized luggage 10,000 miles and stay in squalor for free. What can I say? I like being close to a police station and the entrance to a favela. Since the owner of the apartment is into young, fresh girls, it makes me feel more secure knowing that the police and nice favela folk will be looking out for us.

So what I am wondering is if there is anyone else in Rio so desperate for money that he spams every possible site on the internet looking for renters? I can’t seem to find such a person but if anyone can I will bring in exchange one oversized bag, a Veg-O-Matic®, one Fruit of the Loin® XXXL white brief (it was a gift) but unfortunately, no Ginsu Knives®.

Monger X
10-14-10, 15:37
I'm in the Sao Paulo area from today through Sunday- would love to find a nice place to watch the MLB playoffs tomorrow and/or Saturday that has some decent P4P that won't break the bank. Any suggestions/volunteers??

Frederick1
10-16-10, 15:40
I am in Rio this weekend, and up for connecting for a beer if anyone is interested. Staying at a hotel in Copa.

Have only been here one time before, so don't know the scene too well.

Henry R
10-17-10, 07:05
Hi Guys!

I will arrive in Rio a day after you, and will be there 5 nites, before flying up to the northeast. I have been to Rio 3 times before, but am not a Rio expert. Pls send a PM if interested in having a drink or hanging out in Rio.

Henry R

Chipshot
10-20-10, 00:13
Hi, I am (almost) always in Rio. Just a few blocks from now defunct "Help".

I can take you to Vila Mimosa, but I know other places that I consider much better, a little cleaner, and a maybe even a little cheaper (yes, really). I love daytime activities and love to get girls right in the beginning of their carreer for low prices. 3 years later you will find her at Centaurus for 3 - 10 times the price.

I am usually happy to help out and take people to my favorite cheap places, or organize some party with www.scortshow.net or www.karlamodels.net girls.

I also often am grateful if someone can bring some shopping items from the US (I pay your cost, of course). Right now I am looking for a good soul to bring me a major item (1 piece of luggage). In this case i can even offer a few days of free stay in my rental rooms (a rare chance to have a cheap Rio trip, considering that I can help you to get savings with other items like girls)

I also have 2 suites for rent. It is a little different as it is in my apartment, sort of a roommate situation, but with your own suite with own bath room. A little less privacy but safer then regular rentals, and everything works (like my own DSL internet with backup 3G). And usually it comes with lots of advice about girls and safety. If interested, send me a pm with all your contact info, email, skype, msn, phone, time to call and make sure you check your spam filter for my reply.

No hard sell, no need to rent or bring me things. I am just having fun and usually enjoy helping out and giving advice. I can talk to you on the phone before your trip to help your planning (talking is easier then typing long long stories)I can vouch for the Brazil Specialist. I brought him a few things down from the states and in exchange he took the time to take me to some of his hidden gem spots that I would have never found on my own in a million years (actually I think he is probably such a good guy he would have shown me around anyway). In addition, he made a personal referral to a chica that was the multi night highlight of the trip. Thanks for all the help.

Texaz
10-25-10, 04:43
So, I joined about a year and a half to two years ago when it looked like I would be going to São Paulo regularly. Aside from one short trip with an overbearing group of people, this is my first trip solo. So, now I can stop lurking and hopefully post (I did, however, purchase a membership and renew it, so at least I'm not a cheap lurker).

I will be in São Paulo early Sunday morning on the 7th and leave Friday. If anyone is going to be there, let me know. If you want to meet up, that would be great as well. I will be southwest of Congonhas Airport just across Av. Das Nações Unidas.

SlutLover
11-11-10, 03:43
Arriving in Manaus 10 Dec, planning to stay in Brazil for several months.

First beer on me as always.

Henry R
11-17-10, 19:08
Right now I am in Natal until November 20.
I will be in Fortaleza November 20-26.
And I will be in Rio November 26 - 28.
PM me if you would like to get together for a drink or check out the clubs.