PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

AddictedToWomen
09-05-09, 21:58
Two questions.

Making my maiden voyage to Bogota. I'll be in the area sept 8-16. Anyone else around that'd like to grab a beer or something?

Also I was just about my money cheat sheet. Anyone know which currency converter is the most up to date/accurate? Oanda shows 1:2022. xe has it at 2029. yet Yahoo has it 2044.That's a 1% difference. Your bank will have a different rate. Personally I find dividing by 2000 in my head easier and close enough.

Unless you're buying gold bricks of course.

Manizales911
09-05-09, 22:14
Two questions.

Making my maiden voyage to Bogota. I'll be in the area sept 8-16. Anyone else around that'd like to grab a beer or something?

Also I was just about my money cheat sheet. Anyone know which currency converter is the most up to date/accurate? Oanda shows 1:2022. xe has it at 2029. yet Yahoo has it 2044.The difference between 2022,2029,and 2044 is less than 1 percent. make it easy on yourself and round to to 1:2000. If you use a round number like 2000 you shouldn't need a cheatsheet unless you are severely mathematically challenged.

Conrad Hess
09-13-09, 21:22
I went to Medellin for the first time this past March I had a great time but I was traveling alone and was not familiar with this site. So I did not go to Mayorista, or any of the casas. I used a website, they overcharged me and the girls did not do everything they said they would do.

I will be in Medellin on Sept 29 and will be staying near the stadium metro station. If someone who knows Medellin well may want to share a beer with me respond with a PM. Then I will be going to Bucaramanga then to Venezuela.

Thank you.

Kendry,

CH

Doc Bill
09-15-09, 22:41
I´ll be in Santa Marta tomorrow, the 16th, and Bogota from the 16th - 20th.

Golfinho
09-20-09, 18:56
I went to Medellin for the first time this past March I had a great time but I was traveling alone and was not familiar with this site. So I did not go to Mayorista, or any of the casas. I used a website, they overcharged me and the girls did not do everything they said they would do.

I will be in Medellin on Sept 29 and will be staying near the stadium metro station. If someone who knows Medellin well may want to share a beer with me respond with a PM. Then I will be going to Bucaramanga then to Venezuela.

Thank you.

Kendry,

CHI spent 4 days in Bucamaranga earlier this summer. NO plans to go back.

Hang Low 69
09-22-09, 23:38
As usual I got a great rate for the weekend to Cartagena. Love you Spirit. Me and the boygenius will be making the rounds.

Thinking about a party in my apartment on Saturday. Any one in town?

Photo is of a GREAT prepago and her short friend.

Yea I got game.

AddictedToWomen
09-23-09, 13:31
... and her short friend.She's got attitude!

Like it.

MiamiHeatLuver
09-25-09, 04:28
As usual I got a great rate for the weekend to Cartagena. Love you Spirit. Me and the boygenius will be making the rounds.

Thinking about a party in my apartment on Saturday. Any one in town?

Photo is of a GREAT prepago and her short friend.

Yea I got game.Just how much game do you need to hook up with prepagos?

Nick Danger
09-30-09, 23:50
This will be my first trip to Colombia. I have been to Argentina and PH 4 times and I've Tijuana dozens' of times.

Any help you can give me about i.e Vitamin V, restaurants etc will be much appreciated.

BayBoy
10-02-09, 12:28
I'll be arriving in Medellin, Colombia in 2 weeks from now. I know this is the rainy season. I would like to go to places like Santa Fe de Antioquia, Guatape, Rio Claro etc. By bus.

My question is: are the buses able to get through to these places in the rainy season? Do the roads wash out or not?

Thanks for any info.

Bayboy

BayBoy
10-06-09, 00:04
Thanks 'Full Service' for the weather update on the rain situation. Its hard to tell by looking on the internet weather reports. But I'm glad to hear that I wont have much problem getting through to these places on the bus.

Out

BayBoy
10-13-09, 01:12
I'll be arriving in Medellin, Colombia on Thurs. (Oct. 15) and staying for 2 1/2 weeks. Staying in El Centro.

If anybody wants to get together for a beer at the Cacique Cafe, my favorite hangout, drop me a PM.

I'm planning to take trips to Santa Fe de Antioquia, El Penol/Guatape etc.

Jergens007
10-15-09, 07:10
Just how much game do you need to hook up with prepagos?LOL, LOL

Midwest
10-21-09, 23:37
3rd time around. Enough to give it a go alone.

If you're around mde & have q's, pm me.

Just trying to give back.

Soldierb11
10-22-09, 01:46
Just how much game do you need to hook up with prepagos?LOL, just takes enough colombian pesos and then everyone has game when it comes to prepagos

I will admit though, a couple of real hot ladies in the pic though.

Dealdo
11-05-09, 20:42
I'm Getting there this weekend.

If anybody wants to hung around or need some help with the language barrier send me a PM.

Hasta entonces.

DeAldo

Edik Rough
11-08-09, 00:22
Hi, I will be in Colombia during those dates.

Medellin: Nov 21 - Nov 27;
Bogota: Nov 27 - Dec 2;
Cartagena: Dec 2 - Dec 11;

If anyone wants to hang out, please I PM me.

Thanks

Henry R
11-08-09, 17:52
I will be in Cartagena and the Caribbean coast Nov 11 - Dec 4.

Anyone want to get together PM me.

Artisttyp
11-09-09, 00:30
I decided to get an early jump on holiday plans this year. I found a non stop RT ticket from NYC on avianca for $517 all inclusive. The flights are at odd hours but "Nonstop" is the key word. No problems on my end.

This trip is very simple. I will be in medelllin for a week then I will go by bus to Cali and see what that is all about before my return to MDE.

At least I will have this incentive to get through the tedious holiday (payouts) season.

Chimba!

Justemp
11-29-09, 01:45
I have plans to go to Cali for two weeks starting Dec 7.

If anyone wants to hang out, pm me

Davekphp
12-02-09, 03:29
Anyone interested in catching up in between these times. I will be rooting hookers mainly and getting pissed so not much normal touisty stuff also if you are in Bogata or Cali,give us a yell because i wouldn't mind seeing them as well.

Cheers,

Dave

Neverenuff
12-09-09, 17:05
3 or 4 friends and myself are making this newbie trip down to Cartagena next month. Just bought the tix. Working on accommodations.

CurrymasalaNYC
12-10-09, 00:39
Medellin dec 15th to dec 18th

And dec 18th to 21th Cartagena. Let me know if you want to meet up!

Siwash
12-10-09, 01:34
Hi fellas,

I'm heading down for my first vist;

Bogota Dec 28th-Jan.1st

Cartagena Jan.1st-5th

MDE Jan 5th-10th

If anyone wants to hang out drop me a pm

Cheers,

MM

World Travel 69
12-10-09, 08:11
What are you looking for?

3 or 4 friends and myself are making this newbie trip down to Cartagena next month. Just bought the tix. Working on accommodations.

Zeiss
12-11-09, 01:33
i just arrived in medellin, and am staying near park lleras. looking for a fun group to explore and grab drinks around the city.

during the day i enjoy hiking and walking around medellin. mostly tourist stuff and trying to meet new friends. perhaps i will move to medellin in the future, so i am discovering if this city suites me. so i am not much for all day casa hunts (just to let people know.)

at night (around 7:00 pm until 2:00am) i enjoy clubs like mangos and babylon for drinking, dancing, and meeting non-pro girls.

late-late night, post-party, i do like to search for professional dates for the evening. i like my apartment and having a girl come over, so i am not adverse to tnl. i believe this summary gives everyone a good idea. i'd say i fit somewhere between a non-pro hunter and a monger (i have nothing against either). just more the type to prefer quality over quantity, and am not a bargain hunter. maybe loutrons and such are more my speed? but that being said, please understand i know nothing about medellin. thus, just looking for some good guys in the same boat. sound good?

maybe meet for drinks at park lleras and go from there? will be at mangos later.

thanks everyone!

Neverenuff
12-11-09, 11:41
What are you looking for?I thought this section was for stating travel plans and announcements. I didn't know I needed a question. lol

I understand the mansion is in Medellin. Can fun be had in Cartagena? How? Where? Are there termas style setups (like Rio) or MP's (like Bangkok)? Also we're scouting apartments for Cartagena. We have 9 days there. Should we spend all 9 days in Cartagena or should we spend a few there and a few days elsewhere?

Hey, you asked me to ask.

Siwash
12-11-09, 20:59
I'm having a tough time finding a reasonable apartment or hotel room in Cartegena for the 1st week in January. Would like to keep it under $125 a night. Any body have any suggestions?

Juan is booked except for the penthouse which is too much $$$$$$

Manizales911
12-11-09, 22:13
I thought this section was for stating travel plans and announcements. I didn't know I needed a question. lol

I understand the mansion is in Medellin. Can fun be had in Cartagena? How? Where? Are there termas style setups (like Rio) or MP's (like Bangkok)? Also we're scouting apartments for Cartagena. We have 9 days there. Should we spend all 9 days in Cartagena or should we spend a few there and a few days elsewhere?

Hey, you asked me to ask.Guy everything you ever wanted to know is right under your nose, just RTFF and all your questions will be answered.

Good luck and have fun.

Henry Hentai
12-13-09, 02:50
Friends, mongers, countrymen,

I will be swooping into Bogota next week-on a business trip, so I'm afraid I cannot partake of the daytime mongering scene, but am absolutely set on seeing some of the nighttime action. My base of operations is the Sheraton, on Av. Eldorado-not the wisest the choice for mongering pursuits, I imagine (in my defense, I did not make the arrangements myself!).

My Spanish ability is solid, and I am willing to be adventurous-I have a fair bit of experience negotiating large Latin American cities and have loved every minute of it.! I've been to Bogota a couple of times, but only VERY briefly-this is my first opportunity to spend some actual, quality time there.

If any of you are around and willing to hang out, please shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

Henry

John
12-23-09, 20:05
Hi guys,

Three of us freinds are visiting Medellin between Feb 4 to Feb 10, 2010. We are staying at the Mansion/Castillo.

Any body else visiting during these dates send me a PM we can meet in Medellin.

Regards,

John

FI4451
12-26-09, 06:57
I'll be in Medellin Jan 20 to 26, I've been to MDE a few times, if anyone wants to grab a beer and exchange Colombia info than pm me.

Pure Power
01-12-10, 02:10
Will be in Colombia Feb 11th-Feb 14th at the Mansion.

I'm 28 yrs old and looking to make a few casas World Famous during the day =)

I don't drink liquor, but drink beer like water. I'm a seasoned traveler and know my role.

PM me so I know who to look for.

Cheers

Elfrances
01-12-10, 23:53
I'll be in Bogota at the end of January, for business and pleasure.

I might travel to Neiva for a few days: any info regarding girls in this city?

What about Girardot?

(I know fairly well Colombia and I speak Spanish)

Thanks to anybody who could help.

Elfrances

SlamCity7777
01-14-10, 04:55
i just arrived in medellin, and am staying near park lleras. looking for a fun group to explore and grab drinks around the city.

during the day i enjoy hiking and walking around medellin. mostly tourist stuff and trying to meet new friends. perhaps i will move to medellin in the future, so i am discovering if this city suites me. so i am not much for all day casa hunts (just to let people know.)

at night (around 7:00 pm until 2:00am) i enjoy clubs like mangos and babylon for drinking, dancing, and meeting non-pro girls.

late-late night, post-party, i do like to search for professional dates for the evening. i like my apartment and having a girl come over, so i am not adverse to tnl. i believe this summary gives everyone a good idea. i'd say i fit somewhere between a non-pro hunter and a monger (i have nothing against either). just more the type to prefer quality over quantity, and am not a bargain hunter. maybe loutrons and such are more my speed? but that being said, please understand i know nothing about medellin. thus, just looking for some good guys in the same boat. sound good?

maybe meet for drinks at park lleras and go from there? will be at mangos later.

thanks everyone!sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do. babylon on thursdays is 15k all you can drink(maybe wends). for casas try blue room and energy, from what i gather from the more informed heads on the board these are the places to hit up for a good value!

keep us posted on what and who you do!

pics are always nice!

Client 9
01-15-10, 01:10
At night (around 7:00 pm until 2:00am) I enjoy clubs like Mangos and Babylon for drinking, dancing, and meeting non-pro girls.While it is certainly possible to meet non-pros at both Mangos and Babylon, you need to be aware that both locations have many "prepagos" as well. Both locations are popular with Gringos, and both locations appear in the Lonely Planet guide. No matter where you go in Latin America, you often will find a lot of prostitutes at a dance club if that dance club appears in the Lonely Planet guide for that country.

Mangos is my least favorite spot in Medellin. Babylon is not as good as it used to be because they do not let in as many girls for free as they did in the past.

Once "prepagos" start congregating at a certain dance club, many non-pros will avoid that dance club for fear of the "dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres" stereotyping and stigma.

Bigred31
01-15-10, 03:47
Hello, Everyone,

This is my first time posting. I will be at the Mansion February 25th-28th. First time to Columbia so I'm excited. I've done Costa Rica quite a few times, but ready for something new. I speak basic spanish and make for a good wingman. Anyone want to grab a drink and hang out on these dates, send me a PM.

Thanks

John Gault
01-15-10, 16:24
While it is certainly possible to meet non-pros at both Mangos and Babylon, you need to be aware that both locations have many "prepagos" as well. Both locations are popular with Gringos, and both locations appear in the Lonely Planet guide. No matter where you go in Latin America, you often will find a lot of prostitutes at a dance club if that dance club appears in the Lonely Planet guide for that country.

Mangos is my least favorite spot in Medellin. Babylon is not as good as it used to be because they do not let in as many girls for free as they did in the past.

Once "prepagos" start congregating at a certain dance club, many non-pros will avoid that dance club for fear of the "dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres" stereotyping and stigma.I liked Babylon on Thursday nights. Some of the girls get crazy and dance on the tables. When I was there last spring they let the first 50 girls in free.

I wish one of these clubs would become a total Prepago hang out. As others have stated before, MDE needs a place like Help in Rio or LDV in CTG or even Classicos in Sosua.

I will be in MDE on Jan. 25th and I'll check out La Manzana as the rumor is it may be what I am looking for.

Client 9
01-15-10, 17:27
Hello, Everyone,

This is my first time posting. I will be at the Mansion February 25th-28th. First time to Columbia so I'm excited. I've done Costa Rica quite a few times, but ready for something new. I speak basic spanish and make for a good wingman. Anyone want to grab a drink and hang out on these dates, send me a PM.

ThanksCosta Rica is great, but Colombia is even better. I will be in Medellin in February. If you pay the $20 for membership here, you can send and receive private messages.

Client 9
01-15-10, 22:21
I liked Babylon on Thursday nights. Some of the girls get crazy and dance on the tables. When I was there last spring they let the first 50 girls in free.

I wish one of these clubs would become a total Prepago hang out. As others have stated before, MDE needs a place like Help in Rio or LDV in CTG or even Classicos in Sosua.

I will be in MDE on Jan. 25th and I'll check out La Manzana as the rumor is it may be what I am looking for.I like Babylon, too. For the guys who have never been to Babylon on Thursdays, be sure to be there at about 9:45 so you can get a good table near tables of unattached chicas. Babylon is wall-to-wall guys by 11:45 so move quickly in meeting chicas there.

I have heard of La Manzana, but I am not sure if I have been there. When the stripclubs in El Centro close, a lot of the chicas head to another place that is open until the morning. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the place right now because I only went once. It is sort of a rough place, and there are no Gringos there. The waiters in El Centro know the name of the place.

Supposedly there is an "all prepagos" place in Bello, but I never research it because it is so easy to meet women in Bello.

Daves Pison
01-16-10, 00:01
I have visited la manzana and the girls are 4-5 on a scale of 10 and the place is pretty much a dump upstairs be careful lots of thugs.

Just my 2 cents

I liked Babylon on Thursday nights. Some of the girls get crazy and dance on the tables. When I was there last spring they let the first 50 girls in free.

I will be in MDE on Jan. 25th and I'll check out La Manzana as the rumor is it may be what I am looking for.

Client 9
01-20-10, 07:00
I will be in the cleavage capital for two months from mid-February to mid-April.

I will spend at least one month in Medellin, maybe the entire trip.

I have been traveling to Colombia for more than a decade, and I speak fluent Spanish.

If you want a wingman, then send me a PM.

Baywatc3
01-21-10, 03:31
Planning a trip to Medellin on Feb. 11. Used to live in Costa Rica for a short time now back in the US unfortunately. Speak passable Spanish. I have a question. I understand the Mansion is high profile in Medellin these days and not as many girls or parties. Should I try and stay at El Castilllo since it is more laid back and less well known. I want to bring some girls in and maybe party in the city. Any advice would be good. This is first trip to Colombia so am a little nervous.

Thanks

Client 9
01-21-10, 07:23
Planning a trip to Medellin on Feb. 11. Used to live in Costa Rica for a short time now back in the US unfortunately. Speak passable Spanish. I have a question. I understand the Mansion is high profile in Medellin these days and not as many girls or parties. Should I try and stay at El Castilllo since it is more laid back and less well known. I want to bring some girls in and maybe party in the city. Any advice would be good. This is first trip to Colombia so am a little nervous.

ThanksI have never stayed at the Mansion, but there are plenty of satisfied customers of the Mansion on this forum.

If you are planning on bringing back non-pros, renting your own apartment is worth considering. You can use Paradise Realty or any of the other services.

There are plenty of other options, but try to avoid staying at hotels owned and operated by Colombians. This is the worst option. The unexpected hassles are endless.

If you pay the $20 membership fee here, you can send and receive private messages.

Baywatc3
01-21-10, 20:54
I have booked room 12 at the Mansion from Jan 28th-Feb1st. If anyone wants to hook up pm me. I want to look at the street girl scene, the casa and the clubs, alittle of everything. Speak passable Spanish but not great. By the way, I am from the Big Easy. Go Saints.

Thanks

Baywatc3
01-22-10, 17:53
Is it a good idea to buy some COP at the bank in the US to bring with or not.

===============================================

Hi Baywatc3,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Lylaster
01-23-10, 02:13
Hi. Will be at El Castillo in Medellin with my wingman from Thursday 1/26 to 1/29. Please PM me if you want to hang out!

John Gault
01-25-10, 02:48
I will be checking into Frank's My Place in Mayorista tomorrow afternoon.

I will be away from the USA for 66 days and the first 14 of them will be in MDE. I am going to run the rest of the trip on the fly, although I have booked MDE for the last week of this for me epic journey.

I am looking forward to any ISG members in the area who want to hunt with me. Even thoigh I wil be based in Mayorista I hope to leave no stone unturned in the eternal quest for the GFE.

John Gault
01-30-10, 03:02
I will be checking into Frank's My Place in Mayorista tomorrow afternoon.

I will be away from the USA for 66 days and the first 14 of them will be in MDE. I am going to run the rest of the trip on the fly, although I have booked MDE for the last week of this for me epic journey.

I am looking forward to any ISG members in the area who want to hunt with me. Even thoigh I wil be based in Mayorista I hope to leave no stone unturned in the eternal quest for the GFE.I just got The OK from Frank to stay a extra week at My place. I will be leaving MDE on FEb.15th for parts unknow at this time.

John Gault
02-15-10, 11:25
Leaving MDE after 3 weeks at My Place in Mayorista. I had a great time and special thanks to Frank Casio for being on the job even though he is in Tampa right now.

Also thank you to Nubu for pointing out to me that my stay of 66 days would be a problem at my departure from Colombia. Other fellows also helped with right on info on this matter.

I am off now to BAQ, Cali, santa Marta, San Andres and back to MDE.

One thing I haved learned so far. In Colombia MDE rules sexo wise. This can be said even though MDE sorely lacks a LDV type of place. In my next life I will open up one here. LOL.

OK, Gents always remember the name of the game is GFE.

Artisttyp
02-15-10, 18:48
Leaving MDE after 3 weeks at My Place in Mayorista. I had a great time and special thanks to Frank Casio for being on the job even though he is in Tampa right now.

Also thank you to Nubu for pointing out to me that my stay of 66 days would be a problem at my departure from Colombia. Other fellows also helped with right on info on this matter.

I am off now to BAQ, Cali, santa Marta, San Andres and back to MDE.

One thing I haved learned so far. In Colombia MDE rules sexo wise. This can be said even though MDE sorely lacks a LDV type of place. In my next life I will open up one here. LOL.

OK, Gents always remember the name of the game is GFE.Vic,

Thank you for your posts. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I look forward to your final trip summary comparing all the cities you have visited. You have alot of experience in Colombia.

Be Safe

Mr Enternational
02-17-10, 05:39
I will be in Santa Marta the next 4 days, then Cali for 3 or 4 days afterward.

If anyone wants to get together PM me.

Daves Pison
02-20-10, 22:09
Be in Cali March 27 for a week.

Let me know if anyone wants to party in Juanchito.

Corey
02-25-10, 06:38
Got this email from spirit for free flights thought I would pass it on. Great way to 3 free trips to the DR, CR, or Medellin.

I wanted to tell you how to start flying FREE to great destinations. When you sign up to get a FREE SPIRIT Mastercard TM , you will get 3 FREE flights-15,000 bonus miles, after your first purchase. With the credit card it only takes 5,000 miles for a free roundtrip ticket-domestic or international. Spirit Airlines flies to great destinations, to see where you can fly go to www.3FREEflights.com/113965946. It’s easy to get started.

1. go to www.3FREEflights.com/113965946

2. Apply by April 1st for the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard.

3. Make your 1st purchase by May 1st, and you will receive 15,000 bonus miles---good for 3 FREE roundtrip off-peak awards.

Hurry, apply by April 1st to get your 3 FREE Flights! I thought this was an offer too good not to share.

Member #3435
02-25-10, 17:42
Got this email from spirit for free flights thought I would pass it on. Great way to 3 free trips to the DR, CR, or Medellin.

I wanted to tell you how to start flying FREE to great destinations. When you sign up to get a FREE SPIRIT Mastercard TM , you will get 3 FREE flights-15,000 bonus miles, after your first purchase. With the credit card it only takes 5,000 miles for a free roundtrip ticket-domestic or international. Spirit Airlines flies to great destinations, to see where you can fly go to www.3FREEflights.com/113965946. It’s easy to get started.

1. go to www.3FREEflights.com/113965946

2. Apply by April 1st for the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard.

3. Make your 1st purchase by May 1st, and you will receive 15,000 bonus miles---good for 3 FREE roundtrip off-peak awards.

Hurry, apply by April 1st to get your 3 FREE Flights! I thought this was an offer too good not to share.Sounds like a good deal and I'm sure for some it would work but,

I would check the fine print for a yearly maintenance fee or other catch.

I know you can always cancel later but many times these banks make it extremely difficult and I for one, don't want to bother with the hassle.

Thanks,

Schwmm

John Gault
02-25-10, 19:35
Sounds like a good deal and I'm sure for some it would work but,

I would check the fine print for a yearly maintenance fee or other catch.

I know you can always cancel later but many times these banks make it extremely difficult and I for one, don't want to bother with the hassle.

Thanks,

SchwmmYou are right. The annual fee is around $70, plus it is hard to use the miles they give you. I am most always rejected on the flights I want, and when they do give them to you it would be on a flight they are charging a very low charge anyway. The thing that costs the most are the taxes on the overseas flights. You pay them even on the so called free flights.

Mickekung
02-28-10, 23:49
Hey guys,

In Colombia, it is best to go! diving and nightlife?

Pramod Aggarwal
03-02-10, 08:06
Hi,

I will be in Bogota from the 4th till the 7th and am planning to visit Chicas Milenio and Chicas 2000, based on the recommendation I got from this board. If anyone is around and would like to meet, do send me a note.

Thanks,

PA

Chica Luva
03-04-10, 22:59
Hey guys,

New to the monger scene. I'm from Canada, but in Cartagena until Mar 10. Already have an apt in Bocagrande, but it would be cool to meet up with some people from this board if you happen to be in the area. Can't post my email, so pm me your email or phone num (I bought a local sim card)

Vaughnyb1
03-05-10, 02:48
In Medellin currently, will be here for 2 months, until April 29. Any residents or fellow posters hit me up to meet for a beer or two.

Vaughnyb1

Ritchie01
03-06-10, 01:47
Hello fellow mongers,

I will be in BOG for my b-day starting either the 4th or the 6th untill da 14th of April. I will be there with a couple of guys from work. Hope to see some of you guys there. Might need some guidance from seniors.

Speedyg50
03-06-10, 21:20
Guys, arrived the other day for a few weeks here. Not my first time, by far.

Anyone want to hook up for a beer and trawl mayorista (tonite for sure around 10pm) and some other sleazy dives? Not particularly into casas persay.

Have just set up the PM thing, not sure how long it takes to activate, then I can PM you my comcel or home contact no's. Horita

Sky Jump
03-08-10, 22:53
Anyone in Bucaramanga? I am here till the 17th of march then back to Medellin for the rest of the week. Flying back to the states on the 21st.

Drop me a line, if your in either town for some fun.

Cheers,

Sky

Jake Bcool
03-20-10, 08:39
Hey guys.

I'm visiting Bogota from 24 - 29th March. Would love to hang with some guys and hit some spots and grab a few beers on the way. Let me know if you are up for meeting up one or more nights.

Good times.

Chesscat
03-27-10, 17:40
a wise man wrote, medellin es el centro, el centro es medellin. i am no one to contradict him. so i've got a stay coming up in el centro at the end of june. i'm staying at

http://www.61prado.com/

it seems like a nice place in el centro. i am looking forward to getting to know el parque periodista, of which i've heard so much about. also, i've started learning salsa, and right there is el eslabon prendido

http://medellinliving.com/travel-blog/salsa-dancing-at-el-eslabon-prendido

an el centro salsa bar. true medellin awaits, and i'm excited!

chesrep001

Sabalo
04-01-10, 08:29
Three of us are heading to Med for about a week on April12th. I've been to Arg, Belize, Panama, Honduras and many trips to Havana. My 2 friends are older guys 55 and 60 and don't have too much experience-I speak basic Spanish but they are at the "hola"stage. I'm looking for a nice 3 bedroom apartment and a good english speaking guide to help out mis amigos. Unfortunately the Mansion is full and I was kinda counting on staying there. My fault for not booking earlier.

Thanks in advance

Hioctane
04-02-10, 17:11
Three of us are heading to Med for about a week on April12th. I've been to Arg, Belize, Panama, Honduras and many trips to Havana. My 2 friends are older guys 55 and 60 and don't have too much experience-I speak basic Spanish but they are at the "hola"stage. I'm looking for a nice 3 bedroom apartment and a good english speaking guide to help out mis amigos. Unfortunately the Mansion is full and I was kinda counting on staying there. My fault for not booking earlier.

Thanks in advanceTry to get some rooms with Parcero. If all else fails, rent an apartment and look on the list for english speaking drivers.

Thetourist
04-06-10, 08:50
Any younger mongers in this board? I'm 27, south american, but I've been living in the US for the past 10 years. Came to the US to get my college degree, but stayed after I graduated. Since then I've gone on a couple of trips to my native country in South America and enjoyed chica-hunting greatly.

I'm fluent in Spanish, and I'm planning my first trip to Medellin. I've done plenty of research and I think I have enough information to be safe in Medellin.

Right now, the tentative date for my trip to Medellin is April 20th, for 5 days.

I'd like to know if any of you would like to join me, or in the case of experienced travelers in Colombia, would you mind letting me tag along and showing me around?

I think it would be much easier for me going out with guys who already know where the casas and night clubs are. And you gringos might benefit from my Spanish skills.

Please PM me.

SlamCity7777
04-07-10, 02:49
a wise man wrote, medellin es el centro, el centro es medellin. i am no one to contradict him. so i've got a stay coming up in el centro at the end of june. i'm staying at

http://www.61prado.com/

it seems like a nice place in el centro. i am looking forward to getting to know el parque periodista, of which i've heard so much about. also, i've started learning salsa, and right there is el eslabon prendido

http://medellinliving.com/travel-blog/salsa-dancing-at-el-eslabon-prendido

an el centro salsa bar. true medellin awaits, and i'm excited!

chesrep001let me know what you think and if all the rooms have private bathrooms. seems very nice.

oh and if you could report back how chica friendly, safe, clean, and quiet this place is that'd be great.

Goga Fung
04-07-10, 05:32

Thanks in advanceIn case you still need a 3 bedroom apartment, here is one with nice furniture, wireless internet and a PC(in case you don't bring a laptop), safe in every room, etc..

http://www.firstamericanrealtymedellin.com/providencia.html

Even though you will have a translator guide, it is better to speak more Spanish than "hola". Otherwise your friends' experience with girls will be very limited and not much fun.

Also some girls may take advantage over persons who do not speak little Spanish. You gotta be able to bargain and ask what you want from them in case they try to rip you off.

Fresh Face
04-09-10, 20:01
I'm in Medellin starting on the 14th (next week). Need a room in both cities. Any suggestions? Anyone stayed in the Intercontenantal in Medellin? How about the Radission in Bogota?

Also, how about getting together and toast the ladies?

Looking to meeting you guys..

John

Tee Bone
04-12-10, 01:09
Will be arriving in Cartegana this Tuesday, 4-13, coming from Medellin. If anyone is in town and interested in grabbing a beer and scoping some talent, please PM me. It is my first time in CTG.

Thanks.

Latin Bound
04-12-10, 09:05
I'm in Medellin starting on the 14th (next week). Need a room in both cities. Any suggestions? Anyone stayed in the Intercontenantal in Medellin? How about the Radission in Bogota?

Also, how about getting together and toast the ladies?

Looking to meeting you guys..

JohnFirst time I went to Medellin (9 / 10 years ago) I stayed in The Intercontinental. It was a wonderful experience. I have traveled back numerous times, but I learned of less expensive places, and since my stays are extended, that suits me fine. Enjoy your stay.

Wideeyed
04-19-10, 10:22
What is the rainy season like in Medellin right now? How much rain and what to expect. Will it damen my trip. Will want to do other stuff besides mongering.

===============================================

Hi Wideeyed,

With all due respect, why did you post this in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread?

The Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling in the country.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Neverenuff
04-19-10, 16:14
I went to CTG in January for the first time. It is great. Not as nature scenic as Costa Rica but the action is much better. I'm currently considering returning on doing a MDE/CTG trip May 2 - May 12.

Anyone going to be down there those dates? My knowledge of the spanish language is very limited. I'm in my early thirties though I look much much younger (or so they lie to me).

John Gault
04-19-10, 21:09
I thought I could hold out till June, but alas I will be in MDE from May 10th to June 2nd. A kind of a short trip for me, but if I am not careful I will run smack dab into the 180 day limit they have for travel in Colombia.

Rodeo9112
05-24-10, 03:51
Can anyone suggest a good airline to travel from DFW to Bogota (or Medellin)...or Cali :) First time out of DFW and am not familiar with the cheapest options. Thanks!

Rodeo

Caballero Oscuro
05-25-10, 02:45
Can anyone suggest a good airline to travel from DFW to Bogota (or Medellin)...or Cali :) First time out of DFW and am not familiar with the cheapest options. Thanks!

RodeoI live in TX. The best way is to fly American to MIA. You can fly direct to BOG, MDE or CLO from there. Both MIA and DFW are American hubs. Another option is to take a cheap flight down to to Houston (IAH not HOU) and you can fly Continental non-stop to BOG.

Justafool
05-25-10, 23:55
Check Copa. Transfer in PPY but nice flight AA is OK but TX. MIA. Colombia is a long route.

Copa is good, don't pay for beer or wine but the only draw back is the music is better on AA; 33 1/3. I usually take which ever is cheaper. My trip for July is AA because it will be $200 saved.

I live in TX. The best way is to fly American to MIA. You can fly direct to BOG, MDE or CLO from there. Both MIA and DFW are American hubs. Another option is to take a cheap flight down to to Houston (IAH not HOU) and you can fly Continental non-stop to BOG.

I Jags
05-26-10, 07:57
Let me know if anyone else is. Still need apartment also.

Digital Curry
05-29-10, 22:23
If you are an expert in Colombia or other Latin countries, please send me a message.

Or if you want a travel partner, Please contact me.

I speak excellent Spanish

I prefer Novias, or amateurs. I don't like pros. I want to know the ins and outs of Colombia or other countries. I've spent 18 months in Cuba. I'm an expert on Cuba, but I want to go somewhere new.

Please send me an instant message.

PS: Feel free to contact me if you want info on Cuba.

Digital Curry
05-29-10, 23:23
I want to go to Colombia, but I've never been. I need advice from an experienced monger. And/or I seek an experienced travel partner on my first trip to Colombia. I'm no geek. I speak excellent Spanish. I am an expert in all things Cuban, having gone to Cuba 30 times. But I've never been to Colombia.

Please send me a message if you're willing to share your expertise.

Thanks

Jasss
05-30-10, 10:43
Hi,

Any fellow mongers out in Bogota arround this time to do some hunting and casa action, I'll get the beerz.

Woodman09
05-31-10, 04:14
Have Been in Bogota since Monday -- Here for 2-6 months on business already been to El Castillo and the mez. Let me know if you want to get a beer and check out some places.

DoingOurDuty
05-31-10, 20:43
I have never been to Medellin but planning trip there sometime between mid July and end of year 2010. Looking for fellow travelers who may also be planning trip during this timeframe (I need at least 4 week notice in advance of planning my travel). Please fee free to PM me to discuss. I have timeshare I can trade for timeshare in Medellin for 7 day stay Sunday to Sunday (but am open to better ideas if there are better living arrangements for mongering). Newbie only to Medellin and Columbia.

Or considering Costa Rica and Lima Peru (have not been here either).

Ndirishguy
06-03-10, 21:46
I'm heading to MDE from the 5th-11th of June. I'll be staying at Casa Blanca (former mansion). Hoping to meet up with some cool people, and obviously enjoy the quality that Colombia possesses. Spanish is beginner to intermediate - still needs lots of work, but I'm improving.

Hilltopper
06-06-10, 21:36
Back down to CTG later this coming week 'till the end of the following week. Much of my time spent one-on-one with a non-pro, but will have all day the 10th to hunt, etc., and then in the evenings starting with the 13th. I'm more of the lone wolf type, but shoot me a PM if around as I'd be happy to share any info, make some introductions, etc., to those less familiar with CTG.

Jasss
06-11-10, 08:43
Flying to BOG this weekend and cant wait any mongers want to meet up for a beer and some whoring msg.

I'm staying at el Virrey Hotel.

Jas

Chris Bigdog
06-14-10, 02:56
Hi guys -

2nd time visitor to the mansion and Colombia too, looking forward to a great time.

42 yr old New Yorker, fired up for a quick visit with some hot Colombian girls.

Was at the Mansion in Jan 09', but from what i read, seems that things are a bit more tame than in times past.

Anyhow, much prefer the wine-n-dine gfe type than casa tour, wham bam, thank you Mam.

Have taken 'english lessons' in the DR, and at the sportsman's lodge in San Jose, CR, as well as a trip to Panama city. This will be my first trip to a repeat location.

Interested in recent member's visits to Casa Blanca, particularly if they have the perspective of a prior visit when things were (as i've read) much more frat house-like.

My spanish is non-existent, and i have to laugh when i read guy's comments about taking a quick language course or two. You obviously didnt see me struggle painfully through high school french, Finance i can do, languages I'm stuck with what I know!

Anyhow, i too have danced on the stage at Mango's, I'm no wallflower, but would love to hook up with the guys at the Mansion for anvisit one night to Mayorista which I've read is the place to be to try to pick up girls, or at least see me act the idiot by trying in a foreign language.

Also just joined Romance Latina, the premium membership entitles you to many of the girl's numbers, so i doubt we'll have much problem bring some hotties to the pool, that might not otherwise be there.

Rum, girls, sex and bonding- nice. Cant wait for a blast.

Woodman09
06-14-10, 19:55
45 yr old gringo here.

Have Been in Bogota for a few weeks now. Here for 2-6 months on business already been to El Castillo and the mez. Also found some bargain places.

Let me know if you want to get a beer and check out some places.

[Telephone Number deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove personal telephone numbers in the text. Please do not post personal telephone numbers in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you for this information directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

John Gault
06-15-10, 18:29
Hi guys -

2nd time visitor to the mansion and Colombia too, looking forward to a great time.

42 yr old New Yorker, fired up for a quick visit with some hot Colombian girls.

Was at the Mansion in Jan 09', but from what i read, seems that things are a bit more tame than in times past.

Anyhow, much prefer the wine-n-dine gfe type than casa tour, wham bam, thank you Mam.

Have taken 'english lessons' in the DR, and at the sportsman's lodge in San Jose, CR, as well as a trip to Panama city. This will be my first trip to a repeat location.

Interested in recent member's visits to Casa Blanca, particularly if they have the perspective of a prior visit when things were (as i've read) much more frat house-like.

My spanish is non-existent, and i have to laugh when i read guy's comments about taking a quick language course or two. You obviously didnt see me struggle painfully through high school french, Finance i can do, languages I'm stuck with what I know!

Anyhow, i too have danced on the stage at Mango's, I'm no wallflower, but would love to hook up with the guys at the Mansion for anvisit one night to Mayorista which I've read is the place to be to try to pick up girls, or at least see me act the idiot by trying in a foreign language.

Also just joined Romance Latina, the premium membership entitles you to many of the girl's numbers, so i doubt we'll have much problem bring some hotties to the pool, that might not otherwise be there.

Rum, girls, sex and bonding- nice. Cant wait for a blast.I have never stayed at the Mansion, but I think it would not be a good idea to bring a non pro there. She will get the hint real quick on the type of guy you are when she sees all the pro talent.

Anyway have fun.

Nyc Expat
06-17-10, 04:22
Just received this email from LAN Airlines perhaps a member can use. YMMV.

http://www.lan.com/en_us/promociones/data/norteamerica/us/col/miabog.html?otid=2381&s_cid=US_WM_Display_bog_ext

Ricker
06-17-10, 15:37
I have never stayed at the Mansion, but I think it would not be a good idea to bring a non pro there. She will get the hint real quick on the type of guy you are when she sees all the pro talent.

Anyway have fun.Much better option is to bring your girl to el Castillo (now called the Casa Blanca 2).

Far less pros runnung about there.

Client 9
06-23-10, 20:49
If anybody wants a wingman, I am back in Medellin for the next two months.

I speak fluent Spanish, and I have spent almost two years of travel in Colombia. I also have another year of travel in other Latin countries (Argentina, Costa Rica, Cuba and Peru).

Go ahead and leave me your contact details by PM.

Client 9
06-23-10, 21:01
If anybody wants a wingman, I am back in Medellin for the next two months.

I speak fluent Spanish, and I have spent almost two years of travel in Colombia. I also have another year of travel in other Latin countries (Argentina, Costa Rica, Cuba and Peru).

Go ahead and leave me your contact details by PM.

Vchavez
06-29-10, 09:13
Going with my wingman to Medellin we are still looking for an apartment with 2 bed rooms near Parque Lleras or El Poblado.

Our dates are July 25 to Aug 10 yeah we are staying for Feria de Flores.

PM a message, If you have an idea or know any good events during those days
beside "Feria de Flores" and "Colombia Moda 2010".

My friend and I speak english and of course fluent spanish.

Victor!

Client 9
06-29-10, 19:59
Going with my wingman to Medellin we are still looking for an apartment with 2 bed rooms near Parque Lleras or El Poblado.Have you tried paradiserealtymedellin.com and jhinmobiliaria.com already?

Memo77
06-30-10, 23:19
This is my first time going to Colombia and if some of you are there from Aug14 to Aug 17 and have time to teach a newbie the ropes of mongering please pm me.

Bandy
07-01-10, 17:43
I have never stayed at the Mansion, but I think it would not be a good idea to bring a non pro there. She will get the hint real quick on the type of guy you are when she sees all the pro talent.

Anyway have fun.Chris Bigdog,

I stayed at the Mansion past May and going to be there again from Aug. 6-16.
Vic is absolutely right. Don't try to bring a non-pro there. I met a guy there last May who wanted to bring a girl, whom he met in Costa Rica while she was working as a pro. Even she refused to come to the Mansion. In this regard, Mansion is quite infamous.

Having said that, I learned a lot about the Romance Latina site during my Mansion stay. I can almost assure you that most of the girls appear there will not refuse to come to the Mansion.

Bandy

John Gault
07-01-10, 22:06
I could not stand it any longer. I tried to wait. I really did, but the lack of fine women in New Jersy has driven me to pull the trigger on another trip.

July 11th to July 31st. I will be staying at My Place or if Frank doesn't have any room then I'll stay at a nearby hotel in Mayorista.

As usual if anyone wants to hunt a little with me then send me a PM.

Paracite
07-02-10, 17:23
I'll be making my first trip to Colombia late next week, and am always up for grabbing a drink or hunting for ass with a fellow monger. I'll be in Cartagena from 7/8. 7/13, staying in the Laguito area. My Medellin stop will be from 7/13. 7/17 staying at the mansion. PM me if you're interested in hanging out, looking forward to the trip.

Dennisdejesus
07-05-10, 23:14
I'll be heading to Medellin Sept 10 till 19th. I had reserved a sweet looking penthouse in Oviedo with a friend. THis weekend i found out he is not going to make it. So Im looking to see if anyone interested in sharing the pehnouse. It has 2 rooms, two leves, jacussi, sauna, full kitchen and laundry. PM me if interested and I will give you detail. Thed place rents cheap.

Digital Curry
07-06-10, 02:54
I'm in Los Angeles. I speak very good spanish. Not fluent. I'm looking for a travel partner, wingman. I'd like to leave in 2 or 3 weeks

I spent 18 months in Cuba spread out over 5 years. (check my photos) Lived in Mexico City for 6 months. I've never been to Colombia but it is my next stop. Let talk. I'm early 40s., funny and I know how to hit on latinas. I don't smoke and I drink very little.

Ideal fellow traveler speaks Spanish, has been to Colombia before and leaves from los angeles. LAX.

Please con

Lusifer69
07-08-10, 00:06
Hey Dennisdejesus,

I will be in Medellin for the long weekend Sept 2 to the 6 with some friends if you don't mind me asking. Were did you find The Penthouse and how much is it per day?

I'll be heading to Medellin Sept 10 till 19th. I had reserved a sweet looking penthouse in Oviedo with a friend. THis weekend i found out he is not going to make it. So Im looking to see if anyone interested in sharing the pehnouse. It has 2 rooms, two leves, jacussi, sauna, full kitchen and laundry. PM me if interested and I will give you detail. Thed place rents cheap.

RedVine
07-08-10, 19:39
I'm in Bogota today/tonight and will be in Bogota starting tomorrow (July 9th) for a few weeks.

Anyone around to meet up and go out?

Routard
07-09-10, 23:22
I will be in Bogota in 2 weeks.

Phluidz
07-12-10, 18:53
Hello friends,

I will be traveling to Medellin from August 5th to August 9th. I'm looking for fellow mongers to hunt some chicas with.

I am colombian fluent in both english and spanish.

Kid Brooklyn
07-14-10, 05:35
First trip, going with wingman.

Staying at Mansion.

Cuero99
07-24-10, 14:52
I'm not a huge Bogota fan but with the cheapest round trip to there from here and a cute student fresh from Barranquilla waiting for me, away from her family and lonely, that is my start and end point for the 2 weeks.

Bogota July 27 - 28

Cartagena (first time ever) July 29 - Aug 2

Medellin (third visit, staying at CasaBlanca 1) Aug 3 - 6 (and maybe 7th)

Return to Bogota and US Aug 9

Happy to meet up with any one, vets or newbies in the hobby, for a drink and swap stories, I am near-fluent in Spanish having lived in Lima Peru for half a year a few years back. I will have my netbook with me and check for email and PMs daily.

Hola Mundo
07-26-10, 01:44
Bogotá: August 13-16
Cartagena: August 17-20
Medellin: August 21-August 28

This is my first trip to Colombia. Anyone who would like join the hunt is welcome. In addition to fishing, I like to do sightseeing as well.

Robby Burns
07-30-10, 05:07
Hello, all,

I have sent some PM's to 3 or 4 members (my thanks to Vic, especially, for his great advice), but I have been advised to put a posting on this thread.

I will start my trip in MDE, and at some point in time would like to venture out into the beautiful countryside. And possibly visit Bogota.

Will anyone be in MDE or BOG during those dates. Hola Mundo has already indicated that he likes fishing-for fish, I presume.

I would like to make this 17-day trip the best vacation I have ever had. I recently told my wife of 18 years to "get the hell out of the house". After I discovered that she was having an affair with a young latino "boy" who is 21 years younger than her. Ouch! (She, BTW, is Japanese. And 20 years younger than me.)

Okay, you've heard my "sob story. " Now, I need to start a new chapter in my life. Any help, or suggestions, would be appreciated.

"Robby Burns"

Member #4394
07-30-10, 17:17
I will be in Frank's "My Place" in August. Give me call for hang out.

Matt

Hello friends,

I will be traveling to Medellin from August 5th to August 9th. I'm looking for fellow mongers to hunt some chicas with.

I am colombian fluent in both english and spanish.

Tsetter
08-01-10, 15:36
Fellow travelers,

I'll be in MDE for a week plus from Aug. 12th. Third time there and I'll be staying at the Casa Blanca 2. It'll be good to see Greg, et. Al., but I'm always interested in meeting other ISGer's. It's been like 4 years since I was last there so I know I'll be "rusty" on the scene, venues, etc. Anyway, anybody who might be there at this time and want to get together for a beer, BS, or whatever give me a PM back and we can chat. BTW, I do speak some Spanish and I'm a veteran traveler.

Cheers to all.

Smooth126
08-02-10, 21:37
All,

I'll be in Colombia for the 1st time Aug 5 -15:

Bogota: 5 -8
Medellin: 9-11
Cartagena: 12-15

Looking for budget-minded mongering and people to hang out with.

Thanks,

Ruff

Soldierb11
08-03-10, 23:59
Will be in Medellin from Aug 9-Sept 3.

Staying at both CB1 and CB2 during the stay.

Hopefully run into some of you guys there.

Robby Burns
08-04-10, 06:07
I am a newbie who is interested in sharing a private 2-bedroom apartment that has been offered by another member. (for a fee,of course)

It is overlooking the Park Lleras (Is that how it is spelled? Excuse me if I have it wrong.)

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

Cool Morris
08-05-10, 01:44
Hey guys,

I will be in Cartagena with a buddy of mine in late september. If any of you guys like to have beers together let me know.

CoolMorris

John Gault
08-05-10, 04:07
I just booked MDE from Sept. 5th to Sept. 15. I will have 3 guys with me who are newbees to MDE and 2 of them have never been on a Mongering trip.

Two of them are friends so I will have no problems with them. $262. 70 Rt from ACY. That is best price I ever got to Colombia. Oh yeah almost forgot, Spirit charges now for carry ons so add $40 to that total.

I don't like to go for such a short time but these guys twisted my arm so I gave in. Of course I could of stayed longer but then it would of spoiled the whole group experence.

Alvaro 30
08-07-10, 03:51
First time in Colombia I am Peruvian my English is 75% good, I like hunting and mongering.

Juan Carter
08-09-10, 09:07
Thence to Leticia

SlamCity7777
08-09-10, 22:33
I just booked MDE from Sept. 5th to Sept. 15. I will have 3 guys with me who are newbees to MDE and 2 of them have never been on a Mongering trip.

Two of them are friends so I will have no problems with them. $262. 70 Rt from ACY. That is best price I ever got to Colombia. Oh yeah almost forgot, Spirit charges now for carry ons so add $40 to that total.

I don't like to go for such a short time but these guys twisted my arm so I gave in. Of course I could of stayed longer but then it would of spoiled the whole group experence.Spirit is AWFUL! Next thing you know Oxygen will be a charge, seat belt? Charge...crying out loud!

Oh and have a blast

Isinc2003
08-10-10, 00:21
I'm seasoned I think been to MDE Medellin 8 times. And still love it. I'm travelling with a few dorks but there ok. LOL. One speaks no english. I wouldn't mind hooking up with some fellow mongers who can give me sneak previews of places I've never been.

But that list may be small.

P. M me if your in town.

Cubfan1963
08-10-10, 18:29
Spirit is AWFUL! Next thing you know Oxygen will be a charge, seat belt? Charge...crying out loud!

Oh and have a blastBe VERY careful with Spirit. Not only do they charge for carry on luggage (don't forget you have to calculate RT!) they also charge you to reserve a seat. The seat charge is $12 for aisle or window, $20 for Exit and $50-$60 for the BIG seat. Again these charges are each way. On the ticket to CTG they wanted $40 for carry on and $40 to reserve exit row seats. That is $80 above and beyond the ticket price. I am 6'5" so there is no way I am going to risk getting an aisle seat.

Caveat emptor.

Hioctane
08-11-10, 23:51
Be VERY careful with Spirit. Not only do they charge for carry on luggage (don't forget you have to calculate RT!) they also charge you to reserve a seat. The seat charge is $12 for aisle or window, $20 for Exit and $50-$60 for the BIG seat. Again these charges are each way. On the ticket to CTG they wanted $40 for carry on and $40 to reserve exit row seats. That is $80 above and beyond the ticket price. I am 6'5" so there is no way I am going to risk getting an aisle seat.

Caveat emptor.Spirit nickels and dimes but for the frugal who are aware, it's very economical. I thought the same as you, but did the calculations and they are much cheaper than the next competitor. Spirit is NOT for large folks! Probably anyone over 6 feet. The seats are more cramped to fit more people. So if you're small, it doesn't matter where you sit and you SAVE money. Carryons and most of their savings is if you join their $9 fare club ($39.99/year). $20 for carry-ons and $15 for checked luggage (each way).

So doing the calculations... a flight from NY to MDE will save me $170!

Cubfan1963
08-12-10, 18:10
Hioctane:

I don't believe I have ever flown Spirit (all the airlines blend together when you fly as much as I do). Thanks for the info about the cramped seating. I did reserve a exit row since I am 6'5". I didn't want to spend the extra $60 RT for the Really big seat (what ever that is). On most airlines the exit row is pretty roomy for the legs. Is that your experience on Spirit or should I suck it up an try to snag the "really big seat"?

Thanks,

Jager

John Gault
08-13-10, 13:38
Hioctane:

I don't believe I have ever flown Spirit (all the airlines blend together when you fly as much as I do). Thanks for the info about the cramped seating. I did reserve a exit row since I am 6'5". I didn't want to spend the extra $60 RT for the Really big seat (what ever that is). On most airlines the exit row is pretty roomy for the legs. Is that your experience on Spirit or should I suck it up an try to snag the "really big seat"?

Thanks,

JagerMy Wingman is 6 foot 4 inches tall and the only way he is comfortable on Spirit is if he gets the seats by the emergency exit doors. Those seats give him enough leg room. As far as the big front seats they give you plenty of room for your arms as they are in rows of two and are very nice if you can afford the extra charge.

Cubfan1963
08-13-10, 22:03
I guess I'll just have to find some hottie to give me a three leg massage to get the blood flowing again.

Dos Lunas
08-24-10, 01:27
Wingman and I are here now.

Any senior mongers around want to share some drinks pm me?

Mike P Psych
08-27-10, 16:16
I am new on ISG but lived for six years in the DR and was active on ****. I will be in Cali for the third time in a week and would welcome anyone who wants to see the sights. I speak Spanish and am generally familiar with the city. Just send a private message with contact information.

Fraser1178
08-29-10, 15:34
I'm traveling solo on my first trip to MDE sept 3 - 8. Could use some tips and guidance on first trip in MDE if anyone's around and free. Send me a PM if you want to meet for drinks and skirt chasing.

Fraser

Bbrocs
08-29-10, 16:31
In town from the 19th-29th. Throwing a party that Friday the 24th of September. If your in town PM me if you want to stop by. The party we had on the 23rd of August was so much fun we had about 12 girls show up, some regular some semi's. This is not a advertisement, there is no money being made here, party is gratis if your in town and a ISG member. If your a whacko please don't show. My actual favorite part of the party was the funny scene in the supermarket with me and 8 beautiful women buying the groceries for the party. Shit like that never seems to happen to me here in NY.

Bbrocs
08-29-10, 16:32
Sorry thought the announcements were specific to a city.

I realize it's not last post I was reffering to Medellin.

Barry

Dickfer
09-01-10, 06:59
I'm going to be in armenia this fri-tues. First trip to Armenia, a veteran of MDE. PM me if you want to hook up/want to help find my ways. Dicks out!

Praj4
09-01-10, 09:01
I am visiting Colombia Bogota in first week of OCT 10, PM me if you have in recommendations.

Thank you in advance

Justafool
09-02-10, 16:04
Will be in Medellin from Sept 18. This should be the last time as a non-unified married man and I would like to go out with several bangs!

I found Liliana from this group, that you for the assist and now I am looking further and newer.

If anyone has a special they are willing to share, I can promise I will be a true gentleman and they will thank you for the referral (should you have that type of relation with her).

I love slender, trigena, adorable, effectionate lindas that will treat me as a boy toy and I will treat them as a goddess.

Any help?

Thanks

PS: And if the union does not work out this will be a trip to remember and I will have different memories of a lifetime.

I am visiting Colombia Bogota in first week of OCT 10, PM me if you have in recommendations.

Thank you in advance

Aba Corrado
09-02-10, 19:36
I'll be in Cartagena the last week in Sept. anyone want to meet for drinks or wingman at the clubs (strength in numbers, haha) pm me. Ill be at the Sol del Caribe apt building.

E Rivas
09-04-10, 03:36
Aba, I'll be in Cartagena that same week, it's my first time there. I've been other other parts in Colombia and Brazil. I still don't have a place yet, how is Sol Caribe apt building? I'll PM you tomorrow, my membership had expired just waiting for it to be re-activated. Ed

Concarne
09-07-10, 23:05
Anyone around in Bogota early november?

PM if you are interested in checking out some places, I am fluent in spanish.

Caliguy 2010
09-08-10, 18:42
Spirit nickels and dimes but for the frugal who are aware, it's very economical. I thought the same as you, but did the calculations and they are much cheaper than the next competitor. Spirit is NOT for large folks! Probably anyone over 6 feet. The seats are more cramped to fit more people. So if you're small, it doesn't matter where you sit and you SAVE money. Carryons and most of their savings is if you join their $9 fare club ($39.99/year). $20 for carry-ons and $15 for checked luggage (each way).

So doing the calculations... a flight from NY to MDE will save me $170!Hi,

I have been contemplating on joining that $9 fare club. I will leave from LAX to MDE. What is the lowest you have paid for a flight to MDE?

Voyajer1
09-09-10, 10:38
For the inexperienced, you think you might be getting a deal. You are not. I have been comparing fares for years and I am not impressed at all with Spirit Air:

1. Their ticket prices are as expensive as anyone elses

2. They don't fly as regularly as the other airlines

3. They completely undress you with all the add-on fees, including paying for carry-on luggage

I have wished for a liar like their CEO to get paid in spades for lying to people who believe the lies the company has put forth about "lower fares". I can tell you for a fact that from LAX to MDE there are at least 4 airlines that charge less than Spirit and don't charge you the extra $150 in fees that suckers enjoy paying even after paying to join the $9 club. If you want more info, please, pm me.

Hi,

I have been contemplating on joining that $9 fare club. I will leave from LAX to MDE. What is the lowest you have paid for a flight to MDE?

Cohiba Cool
09-21-10, 04:53
I will be in Medellin from Oct. 28th through Nov 3rd. PM me if you will be in MDE at the same time. Wingman needed, thanks.

Justafool
09-21-10, 17:52
And that was more than enough. Though you can fly on any airline but this one is the most no frills you can get.

On International, AA does not charge for two bags around 50 lbs. Food is served no charge and the staff is usually good. Movies and entertainment programming and they don't charge for the headsets on the International.

Copa is the best for me other then early wake up. I am in MDE about 1 pm after a 1 hour in Panama. Food served at no cost and entertainment. No baggage fees for 2 bags about 50.

Aviance is OK for the same reasons listed above. THe main problem I have are the hours. I get into MDE about midnight and the have to cab to El Central. On one flight we were late (as is a custom with AV) and they put me up in Bogota. That was after Daylight Saving. The last time, during Daylight Savings they rushed me through BOG to catch my MDE flight. I made but baggage did not. AV did deliver the next day at no charge so this was good for me as I did not have to carry luggage to the hotel.

Spirit might as well put in vending machines as I believe the staff is there only to sell and baby sit. No cash, I guess they do not trust the crew with efectivo, so if you or the younger traveler do not carry credit cards/debit card you will not eat or drink on the fright. They do not give water. Almost everything they sell is $4. A snack size Pringles $4, $50 liter of water $4. If you fly them bring your own smacks but remember you will not be permitted drink on the flight unless you buy after the TSA check. For me the savings are not worth it. The only up-grade they have is a wider seat but they still offer nothing ont he service. I heard Aires is the same on there flights to the US.

I use the best price I can get at the time but Spirit will never again be a consideration if I have to pay for a ticket. This trip to MDE cost me $64 with Copa miles so sometimes sticking to one could be the best. AA has the best miles program from my experience and AA has given me free Business at times.

You make the call that is best for you.

Hi,

You Can
09-21-10, 23:30
I think spirit airlines pinch you for everything they can, but you also have to take into account convience. I live near Atantic city so I can fly spirit out at 7am and be in Ctg at 12;30 in the afternoon. If you catch there sales like i did this trip, I paid like 320.00 plus a carry on each way total 40 bucks I think, maybe 30 bucks total. so that s total 360.00 round trip, not bad! of course your seat will probably suck unless you pay or atleast try at the gate for them to give you an isle or window which they will if you get there early, there is no charge if you show up with no seat, you only pay if you want to prebook a certain seat. But they are fuckers with there charges. I never had a problem with there flight attendants, they were always nice and I was happy with the service, but I knew what I was getting. I fly them often.

And that was more than enough. Though you can fly on any airline but this one is the most no frills you can get.

On International, AA does not charge for two bags around 50 lbs. Food is served no charge and the staff is usually good. Movies and entertainment programming and they don't charge for the headsets on the International.

Copa is the best for me other then early wake up. I am in MDE about 1 pm after a 1 hour in Panama. Food served at no cost and entertainment. No baggage fees for 2 bags about 50.

Aviance is OK for the same reasons listed above. THe main problem I have are the hours. I get into MDE about midnight and the have to cab to El Central. On one flight we were late (as is a custom with AV) and they put me up in Bogota. That was after Daylight Saving. The last time, during Daylight Savings they rushed me through BOG to catch my MDE flight. I made but baggage did not. AV did deliver the next day at no charge so this was good for me as I did not have to carry luggage to the hotel.

Spirit might as well put in vending machines as I believe the staff is there only to sell and baby sit. No cash, I guess they do not trust the crew with efectivo, so if you or the younger traveler do not carry credit cards/debit card you will not eat or drink on the fright. They do not give water. Almost everything they sell is $4. A snack size Pringles $4, $50 liter of water $4. If you fly them bring your own smacks but remember you will not be permitted drink on the flight unless you buy after the TSA check. For me the savings are not worth it. The only up-grade they have is a wider seat but they still offer nothing ont he service. I heard Aires is the same on there flights to the US.

I use the best price I can get at the time but Spirit will never again be a consideration if I have to pay for a ticket. This trip to MDE cost me $64 with Copa miles so sometimes sticking to one could be the best. AA has the best miles program from my experience and AA has given me free Business at times.

John Gault
09-29-10, 20:51
Yeh I know I just got back from MDE on Sept. 15th, but I think being home, and seeing all the stinking Gringas affected me enough so here I go again. Oct. 5th to Oct.14th.

After that me and my Wingman will be in Nicaraqua on Nov. 2nd to Nov. 16th.

I will be solo this time in MDE so anyone who wants can give me a PM and go from there.

Hioctane
09-30-10, 07:03
Spirit is so cheap because you have to pay for everything (if you want. That is key). With the $100 you saved, upgrade to the same services as other airlines and the price will jump up to the same as another airline. The point is if it's not important to you, then you don't need to get it. Why should you have to subsidize someone else's fare? It's your choice!

BTW, I'm going on my first Spirit flight next month. I'm going in knowing that I have to pay for everything but hey. I only paid $302 to MDE (including baggage fees) from NY. Food? I'll bring my own. I don't need that crappy airline food anyway. Seating? Not important. I'm not tall or big so I don't need any special seat. Baggage? I did pay the 40, but next time I'll be more efficient and fit everything in that seat underneath me. LOL

Hioctane
09-30-10, 07:10
It depends where you live. They are based in Florida.. Flights from there are a steal as are most places on the East coast. I live in NY and I know NY has a lot of great deals.

For the inexperienced, you think you might be getting a deal. You are not. I have been comparing fares for years and I am not impressed at all with Spirit Air:

1. Their ticket prices are as expensive as anyone elses

2. They don't fly as regularly as the other airlines

3. They completely undress you with all the add-on fees, including paying for carry-on luggage

I have wished for a liar like their CEO to get paid in spades for lying to people who believe the lies the company has put forth about "lower fares". I can tell you for a fact that from LAX to MDE there are at least 4 airlines that charge less than Spirit and don't charge you the extra $150 in fees that suckers enjoy paying even after paying to join the $9 club. If you want more info, please, pm me.

Bbrocs
10-03-10, 20:39
In town from the 19th-29th. Throwing a party that Friday the 24th of September. If your in town PM me if you want to stop by. The party we had on the 23rd of August was so much fun we had about 12 girls show up, some regular some semi's. This is not a advertisement, there is no money being made here, party is gratis if your in town and a ISG member. If your a whacko please don't show. My actual favorite part of the party was the funny scene in the supermarket with me and 8 beautiful women buying the groceries for the party. Shit like that never seems to happen to me here in NY.Below are pictures from Provenza our two bedroom apartment. We opened it to who ever wish to come the 21st and 24th. Johana was mad at me and at the first party we had much more guys then girls then on the 24th after I made up with her there were much more girls then guys. Tatiana is Johana 18 year old sister. Ruben and Laura work for me taking care of our customers. Laura is my equilvalent to Marcy. She can really guy up though and she has no problem going to Luna Lenera or going to Babylon and push a bunch of regular chica's in the direction of our renters. Cheers to all see you for our next party.

Bbrocs

Midwest
10-03-10, 20:46
Just got tix for mde 11/11-11/21

I'll come up for air on 11/14 & 11/18 to watch the bears, haven't decided where yet.

If you have suggestions or if you'll be around, let me know.

We'll do shots and/or compare notes.

CaptainDorado
10-04-10, 02:58
Hi,

I have been contemplating on joining that $9 fare club. I will leave from LAX to MDE. What is the lowest you have paid for a flight to MDE?Was in MDE last month. Flew Spear it out of LAX for 407. USD. Total. They fucked me on carry on, 20 bucks per leg. Out of LAX there are 4 legs. So 80 bucks, and thats part of the 407. Well ok. So I have looked into all the other carriers flying out of LAX and they charge at least 250 more, and less flying time, BUT lay overs are 4 hours at least. So its less money and longer flying time on a shit air craft, but I still get there faster.

Any one have a better way out of LAX or SNA?

TweedleD
10-06-10, 00:34
I dont get why Johana would be Mad about less girls than guys, I was the last man standing after everyone filtered out. It was just me Rueben and Estephany and Laura, I wasn't sure I wanted to pull the trigger with Estapheny so I asked Laura what I should do. After alot of disscussion regarding the pros and cons of such a situation, the really priceless moments were the look on Estephany's face at the thought of possibly not generating any revenue for the evening. Being the gentelman that I am I did take her home. Which might explain the rather large stain on the bedspread. While she was wholly responsible for this I in some way may have contributed. But seriously....Post up as soon as you know the Dates, You got the nicest apts. the best team and the most fun parties I've ever been to in Medellin, not to mention you knowsome of the sweetest "semipros" in the business!

Almotu
10-07-10, 14:26
Will arrive in Medellin on Nov 30. Leaving on Dec 14. Get in touch if we can help each other on the hunt for street chicas, etc. & generally have a good time.

Bbrocs
10-07-10, 17:26
Friday night send me a PM for location, 8pm. Same as before cost 0, bring 0, girls we'll make some calls. See ya at my place. MDE. If you have Rubens number give him a call he'll give you directions.

B

I dont get why Johana would be Mad about less girls than guys, I was the last man standing after everyone filtered out. It was just me Rueben and Estephany and Laura, I wasn't sure I wanted to pull the trigger with Estapheny so I asked Laura what I should do. After alot of disscussion regarding the pros and cons of such a situation, the really priceless moments were the look on Estephany's face at the thought of possibly not generating any revenue for the evening. Being the gentelman that I am I did take her home. Which might explain the rather large stain on the bedspread. While she was wholly responsible for this I in some way may have contributed. But seriously....Post up as soon as you know the Dates, You got the nicest apts. the best team and the most fun parties I've ever been to in Medellin, not to mention you knowsome of the sweetest "semipros" in the business!

CaptainDorado
10-08-10, 00:04
Friday night send me a PM for location, 8pm. Same as before cost 0, bring 0, girls we'll make some calls. See ya at my place. MDE. If you have Rubens number give him a call he'll give you directions.

BDang you how to make a guy jealous Berry.

Cubfan1963
10-11-10, 18:45
Just can't get enough. Was there end of August and will be back Nov 8-11. If anyone will be in CTG on those dates let me know. I will be solo and would like to meet up with fellow monger travelers.

Concarne
10-13-10, 08:16
So, who is around in Bogota first half of November?

Would not mind meeting to toss down a few beers and searching for chicas.

PM if around.

E Rivas
10-19-10, 20:59
I will be in Medellin from Nov 4 - Nov 7. PM me if you will be in MDE at the same time.

Big Risa
10-21-10, 03:25
I will be in Medellin from Nov 4 - Nov 7. PM me if you will be in MDE at the same time.I will be there during that time. Where do you want to meet?

Big Risa
10-21-10, 03:27
Here and have plenty of ladies on the non pro side but if anyone wants to get together for exploring or doing stupid stuff during the day/night let me know.

I'm also a 4.0 tennis player always looking for a match.

I get bored easily with these young girls and speaking some english is always fun when in Medellin.Will be in Medellin starting October 28. Let me know where to meet you.

Big Risa
10-21-10, 03:44
I will be arriving October 27 and leaving November 10.

Looking for someone who knows the town to hang with.

Dave7613
10-28-10, 03:09
Hello. I am currently in Medellin, staying in La Mayorista, anyone around? Let me know.

Thanks

Arthur66
10-30-10, 16:57
If anybody around and looking to meet, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Arthur

Latin Bound
10-30-10, 20:49
I will be arriving October 27 and leaving November 10.

Looking for someone who knows the town to hang with.I will be getting there the 8th. I know is late on your trip, but if you want to still see areas you have not drop me a line.

Bonobo Pan
11-01-10, 03:36
I'll be in Medellin week of thanksgiving Nov 20th to 28th.

Let me know if you guys want to go and explore fun places together.

Concarne
11-01-10, 06:34
Arthur,

check your PMs. Would not mind here about your travels, looks like you been to a bunch of different areas. I am fluent in spanish for whatever that is worth and can pass as a local.

Anyone else up for some scouting?

Cubfan1963
11-02-10, 16:15
Just can't get enough. Was there end of August and will be back Nov 8-11. If anyone will be in CTG on those dates let me know. I will be solo and would like to meet up with fellow monger travelers.Thought I would bounce this back to the top if anyone has plans to be in CTG.

Pohetti
11-05-10, 18:17
Hello guys. I"m a brasilian lover. Went over 40 times now.

I"m hearing and reading so much good things about Colombia, that mayby I would try in March to go and visit the country. Festa e mulher por favor

Who can give me some advise?

Thanks

Pohetti. Brasil lover

Norman Stormin
11-08-10, 21:08
Will be doing extensive anthropological, physiological, and antomological research in the heart of the metropolis from Nov 10 until Dec 6. An assistant with chemical experience would be helpful.

Ad Captandum Centrum

Hairy Persian
11-09-10, 15:41
Thought I would bounce this back to the top if anyone has plans to be in CTG.Hay Cubfan,

My wing man not coming in until afternoon and we're hooked up with a good guide, want to link up? Hit me up at room 203, Art Hotel Medellin. I'll be heading to some morning sessions around 10:30 if you get this.

Aba Corrado
11-11-10, 01:27
11th-18th November.

Anyone else?

BrendanOwens
11-13-10, 07:04
I'll be in Medellin week of thanksgiving Nov 20th to 28th.

Let me know if you guys want to go and explore fun places together.I'll be there Nov. 24 - Nov. 27, where you staying?

Hilltopper
11-14-10, 04:43
Hope to arrive the 17th and stay through Thanksgiving. Figured it be more fun to stuff a Colombiana than a turkey!

Nashluv69
11-17-10, 14:50
Will be in Medellin Nov 19th thru Nov 27th. Staying at Casa Blanca 2. This will be my second trip this year. Can't wait to hit the casa tour again with Big Bad Boyd. Both Casa Blanca 1 and 2 are full because I got the last room available. Should be another good time with a large group of other like minded mongers.

Client 9
11-18-10, 02:57
Hello, I am back in Medellin from mid-November to mid-January.

I speak very fluent Spanish.

I have spent about three years of travel in Latin America.

About two of those years were in Colombia with about one year in Medellin.

If any Colombia veterans or any Colombia rookies want a wingman, then contact me by PM.

OrientalExpress
11-21-10, 16:38
Want a wing man or buddy in Bogota. Know some places. Day and night.

Armoured
11-21-10, 23:41
Hi,

I am in Bogota this week, first time here so if anyone fancies getting a beer and seeing the sights, PM me.

Member #4176
11-24-10, 00:05
I will be in Medellin from Jan 19 to the 26.

The Tall Man
11-25-10, 01:43
I will be in Medellin from Dec. 16 to the 26th. Fourth time in Colombia but first in MDE. Speak almost zero spanish.

The Tall Man

Muktar
11-25-10, 17:17
I'll be in MDE that week. Understand some Spanish, speak little, staying at CB and looking forward to it. I'm from So. Fla-just returned from Asia.

Mojo Bandit
12-01-10, 10:20
I will be traveling to Cartagena from 12/03/10 to 12/12/10, first time traveler, I have some dates lined up through the cupid.coms, but I am open to P4P action but only 8s 9s or 10s - any and all advice is welcome.

Strangeman
12-07-10, 00:24
Hello fellow hunters. I will be visiting Cali from 31 January until 27 February, then visiting MDE from 27 February until 05 March. This will be my first trip to Colombia. It would be great to meet any of you and put a face to the name, perhaps have a beer or two.

And particularly in MDE it would be great to have a veteran monger that would be willing to share some street smarts with a green horn. Of course, the drinks would be on me. I am thinking of staying at one of the CB's just to make things easier. Feel free to PM.

See y'all then!

Jim0129
12-10-10, 05:02
Hi all,

I will be doing my first trip to Medellin on January 31st and staying for a week until February 7th, I am not very active at this forums but I have read a lot, thanks all for all your great input!

I will be traveling alone and I am currently looking for an experienced Medellin Monger who can take me under his wing.

BTW, I am Mexican and a Tijuana local, I've been mongering in Tijuana since I was 18, a great city for the sport but you know us mongers, always looking for new horizons!

If anyone is interested please PM me.

You Can
12-16-10, 20:11
Have been to Cartagena many times! I will be there Feb 15-23 with a couple good friends, if anybody will be around and needs any help with anything or just wants to grab some drinks with us let me know. I don't know it all, but we do tear it up pretty good.

Jim0129
12-27-10, 03:44
Greetings all,

Just to let everyone know, my trip to Medellin has been changed for the first week of March, from the 2nd to the 8th, anyone who is going to be there please PM me, I will love to meet up, if you've been to Medellin and know your way arround even better, I speak perfect spanish so that can be usefull also!

Hollow Man
12-28-10, 00:12
I'll be in Medellin for new Years until the end of Jan. First mongering trip to Latin America. No spanish (unless you count spanglish and TV spanish 'Que Lastima! ') Tend to be budget oriented and will hope the casa scene is good but will try the whole range just to see.

Infanticide
12-29-10, 04:51
I'll be in Cali from January 13-17, if anyone has any suggestions or wants to meet up send me a PM. Been to Medellin a few times, this is my first trip to Cali though.

Simeon Jones
12-29-10, 07:57
Will be in Bogota Dec 30-January 18 for work. Usually work till 4pm then I am up to go out.

Cubfan1963
01-03-11, 23:22
I am staying in Parque Lleras. PM me if interested in meeting up for a few beers.

Caliguy 2010
01-11-11, 22:14
Will be getting to BOG and split time with my novia in Ibague.

Airfare- $430 NO KIDDIN! Expedia 2 connections Las Vegas and Miami.

Return connections Lima 4 hour layover.

Hotel in Ibague. 80k pool 3 *

One day in Armenia hotel 100k 3 *

Rickyj
01-12-11, 12:04
Looking at going to Medellin on memorial weekend (may 26th. June 1st). My first trip and have not decided where to stay. My spanish is 100 % fluent so if anyone wants to join let me know.

Hasideas Tao
01-21-11, 23:17
This will be my third trip to MDE and fourth time to Colombia. I get by pretty well with my Spanish. Would be great to have and be a wing man. I am also a photographer, so I get a lot of extra attention because I bring lighting equipment and I compose photo projects of the Paisas who in turn end up telling their friends.

Shogun420
01-23-11, 04:39
Me and my buddy will be in Medellin this week. He is goin to be going to the Colombiatex convention tues. Thursday, so if anyone wants to meet up, send me a message. I have been learning as much Spanish as I can, not great but not horrible, this will be my 3rd trip since last year.

Concarne
01-23-11, 08:02
Now that I am oriented.

Returning end of February. Anyone around?

Concarne

You Can
01-29-11, 01:44
Just letting you guys know, I will be in Cartagena Feb 15 to 23. If anyone is around and wants to grab a drink while I'm there PM me.

You Can
01-30-11, 01:53
Thats fuking funny Hilltopper! That was probably me, not that I do that everyday! I also smoke a cigar, so you can't miss me! I will be there with 3 other friends, so don't hesitate to come up and say Hello!

Sounds good! I just might be there. I think I saw you on one of my previous visits to Playa Hollywood, but you were passed out with your mouth wide open, like you were catching flies or something. LOL Tony pointed you out to me. If you see a big overweight guy smoking a cigar on Playa Hollywood, or walking around the area of the apartments Mirador Del Laguito that just might be me, even though I am working hard to slim down these days, as that was my New Years resolution, or just ask Tony if Jeff is around. The drinks will all be on me! Smile! (The smiley symbols do not seem to be working on here.)

Paracite
01-30-11, 03:16
I'll be traveling to Medellin from February 18. 21 and Cartagena from the 21. 24, second time to both cities. I'll be staying in the mansion and Mirador, would be up for grabbing a few brews with fellow mongers.

Strangeman
01-30-11, 17:55
Just a reminder I arrive in Cali today and will stay until the end of the month. I will be visiting a novia so my mongering may be limited (or perhaps not) , but it is always good to hoist a beer with a fellow english speaker! And mi novia always seems to have single primas that are hanging out at her house. Send me a PM if you are in the area.

Manizales911
01-30-11, 18:29
Just a reminder I arrive in Cali today and will stay until the end of the month. I will be visiting a novia so my mongering may be limited (or perhaps not) , but it is always good to hoist a beer with a fellow english speaker! And mi novia always seems to have single primas that are hanging out at her house. Send me a PM if you are in the area.Uhhh dude, the end of the month is tomorrow, WTF.

OrientalExpress
02-02-11, 16:31
Will be in Bogota from Feb 23 to March 15.

Have some sources. Look for wingmans

Artisttyp
02-06-11, 09:32
Just bought the ticket on AA for a little less than $600 coming from NYC via MIA. I could have paid a little more to go through bogota or panama city but I didn't see an advantage in doing so.

I don't think I will be there the entire time but that will be where I enter and exit. I will be avoiding Medellin for sure due to la feria de las flores.

I do have a decent amount of MDE experience. Mainly el centro. It's about time I visit Cali.

My love of salsa dura holds very deep to me. I hope to learn about the Cali salsa scene. Oiga mira vea!

Caliguy 2010
02-06-11, 09:35
Hi guys traveling to Bogota and Ibague, anybody know Viagra prices there? I normally get them in the USA for $20 from Walmart. Just wondering if it is worth all the effort to get them in Colombia instead of USA

You Can
02-06-11, 14:21
Get them in Bogota, when I am in Cartagena I buy them for 3. 50 apiece but I buy generic brand and they work great.

Hi guys traveling to Bogota and Ibague, anybody know Viagra prices there? I normally get them in the USA for $20 from Walmart. Just wondering if it is worth all the effort to get them in Colombia instead of USA

John Gault
02-06-11, 19:06
Just bought the ticket on AA for a little less than $600 coming from NYC via MIA. I could have paid a little more to go through Bogota or Panama city but I didn't see an advantage in doing so.

I don't think I will be there the entire time but that will be where I enter and exit. I will be avoiding Medellin for sure due to la feria de las flores.

I do have a decent amount of MDE experience. Mainly el centro. It's about time I visit Cali.

My love of salsa dura holds very deep to me. I hope to learn about the Cali salsa scene. Oiga mira vea! Knowing how to salsa in Cali is a must. That seems to be all they play in the Discos I have been in there. Only problem with Cali Discos is all the women seem to be with someone. Not to many singles or groups of Chicas by themselves.

Sailor Jim
02-08-11, 16:36
Just getting the word out.

Lusifer69
02-08-11, 18:23
Anyone else in town these days?

Caliguy 2010
02-11-11, 02:35
BOG Airport.

Guys first Thanks for all the helpful info in this thread and others regardig BOG area. Quick question regardig the airport. Is there a pharmacy I can hit up prior to leaving the airport where I can get some Viagra. Prior to heading out and meeting my novia.

Manizales911
02-11-11, 17:33
BOG Airport.

Guys first Thanks for all the helpful info in this thread and others regardig BOG area. Quick question regardig the airport. Is there a pharmacy I can hit up prior to leaving the airport where I can get some Viagra. Prior to heading out and meeting my novia.Yes, there is. It isn't just a pharmacy though it sells toiletries and soda etc. I have bought the generic version there a few times.

Caliguy 2010
02-11-11, 17:54
Yes, there is. It isn't just a pharmacy though it sells toiletries and soda etc. I have bought the generic version there a few times.Any Idea how much they go for at this place? Thanks for the info.

Manizales911
02-11-11, 21:04
Any Idea how much they go for at this place? Thanks for the info.I don't recall how much they were at that particular place but I have paid anywhere from 1 to 3 dollars apiece for 100mg pills which I split into quarters. I haven't bought the branded ones in Colombia in years so I'm not sure what they were but they're not cheap and the generics work the same as long as you buy them at a legitimate place, I like to buy them at a large supermarket chain pharmacy like Carulla or Exito because I doubt they would sell fakes.

Tasty1
02-13-11, 00:18
Will be in Medellin March 31 to April 4 and Bogota from April 4 to 9. Anyone wants to connect to hang out and monger together drop me a PM.

Concarne
02-13-11, 03:47
Will be around for a few days. If anyone wants to grab a few beers and explore send me a PM.

Lusifer69
02-13-11, 04:31
Anyone else in town at that time?

Sartorius
02-20-11, 19:41
Looking to put together a trip from Cartagena, Santa Marta, Barranquilla down through Bucaramanga and Manizales and finally down to Cali and area.

Was looking at Brazil, but now considering Colombia instead. Will finalize this week.

Probably March 1. April 1 about a week each.

Anyone around those times, feel free to reach out so we can be wing.

CollegePusher
02-24-11, 06:01
Just wanted to make a quick announcement:

I will be in Medellin on March 1st to March 10th.

First time:

-mongering (and P4P)

-traveling alone.

-In Colombia.

Shoot me a PM if you will be around and want to grab a drink / find some chicas. Not sure if I'll be a good wingman since I'm a newbie but it'll be a fun time regardless if you want to hang out with a 22 yr old. Or if you want to show me the ropes of MDE, that'll be awesome too

MiamiHeatLuver
02-24-11, 18:17

First time:

-mongering (and P4P)

-traveling alone.

-In Colombia.

Shoot me a PM if you will be around and want to grab a drink / find some chicas. Not sure if I'll be a good wingman since I'm a newbie but it'll be a fun time regardless if you want to hang out with a 22 yr old. Or if you want to show me the ropes of MDE, that'll be awesome tooCommon guys! NOBODY jumping at the chance to party with a 22 year old, non Spanish speaking gringo newbie? Sheeettt if I was half my age I would be right there with ya buddy!

Ricker
02-24-11, 18:24

First time:

-mongering (and P4P)

-traveling alone.

-In Colombia.

Shoot me a PM if you will be around and want to grab a drink / find some chicas. Not sure if I'll be a good wingman since I'm a newbie but it'll be a fun time regardless if you want to hang out with a 22 yr old. Or if you want to show me the ropes of MDE, that'll be awesome tooOk amigo, ask for Ricker up at the CB2, I should be there on the 28th of Feb unless plans change by then since I'm coming from Brazil.

You're my daughter's age and I get along great with all her boyfriends, so we can at least meet up if ya like, and I'll give ya the 'Ricker' down and dirty, for whatever that's worth :)

Buen Viaje!

MiamiHeatLuver
02-24-11, 18:36
Ok amigo, ask for Ricker up at the CB2, I should be there on the 28th of Feb unless plans change by then since I'm coming from Brazil.

You're my daughter's age and I get along great with all her boyfriends, so we can at least meet up if ya like, and I'll give ya the 'Ricker' down and dirty, for whatever that's worth.

Buen Viaje! DAUGHTER? I didn't know you had a daughter? Pues presenta presenta suegro. Hahahaha, just messin whit ya. LOL.

Danielson
02-24-11, 18:42
Hi guys I'm in Medellin now, arrived last nite I will be here until 6th March, anybody want to meet up for some mongering drop me a line, I'm a 35 year old brit,

I know my way around Medellin a bit, but still havnt hit the casas in the day,

CollegePusher
02-25-11, 04:31
Ok amigo, ask for Ricker up at the CB2, I should be there on the 28th of Feb unless plans change by then since I'm coming from Brazil.

You're my daughter's age and I get along great with all her boyfriends, so we can at least meet up if ya like, and I'll give ya the 'Ricker' down and dirty, for whatever that's worth.

Buen Viaje! After reading your reports on Mayorista, expect to be hanging out soon haha. We should definitely grab a couple brews

Ticas And Chicas
02-27-11, 03:01
43, fit, have game with the ladies, but Spanish is pretty much non existent. I have been to Costa Rica about 12 times and know the scene there well. I had plans next week for San Jose and Managua, but my Wingmans plan changed.

I have always wanted to visit Colombia. I can pretty much go anytime and stay a week. I am laid back. Not a party guy. No drugs. Professional. Just looking for the Chicas.

My membership has expired, but if anyone wants to hook up, reply here and I will join.

Jim0129
02-27-11, 06:39
Hi all, I will be in Medellin for a week starting next Wednesday the 2nd, I will be staying at Casa Blanca 2, I will be easy to spot, I'm guessing that I will be the only Mexican staying there.

PM if you want a Wingman.

Tasty1
02-28-11, 04:04
Will be in MDE 3/31/11 to 4/4/11 and Bog 4/4/11 to 4/9/11. If you want to hook up I would buy you a beer or rum or whatever.

Sartorius
02-28-11, 08:25
43, fit, have game with the ladies, but Spanish is pretty much non existent. I have been to Costa Rica about 12 times and know the scene there well. I had plans next week for San Jose and Managua, but my Wingmans plan changed.

I have always wanted to visit Colombia. I can pretty much go anytime and stay a week. I am laid back. Not a party guy. No drugs. Professional. Just looking for the Chicas.

My membership has expired, but if anyone wants to hook up, reply here and I will join. I haven't finalized it yet, but should within 24 hours.

Looking to spend March 1. April 4 in Colombia, in several cities (Santa Marta, Bucaramanga, Bogota perhaps, Manizales, Armenia, Cali. Happy to be a wingman if you're traveling.

I am more of a partier (very into salsa clubs etc.) but also most interested in the women.

I am semi-fluent in Spanish.

Macmasher
02-28-11, 11:15
Arriving late Saturday (3/5/11). Departing Thursday. Second time in MDE.

Ho Whisperer
03-06-11, 00:37
I will be in Medellin March 15. 24 (5th Trip)

And then Cartagena March 24- 29 (1st Trip)

I will be with a couple of friends in a apartment in Poblado. Then solo for my first trip to Cartagena. Shoot me a PM any members around these dates to grab some drinks and some chicas.

Black Hawk69. If your still in Cartagena when I arrive 1st bottle of Old Parr is on me

Smokers Rule
03-06-11, 01:23
I may be spending a few days in MDE next week. Probably Wed-Fri or Wed-Sat. Let me know if anyone needs a wingman.

JersheyShore
03-07-11, 17:49
Dudes,

I'll be in Cartagena on March 22 for one week. If anyone wants to hook up with me and my friends for some serious partying, let me know.

I'm traveling with 8 other Italian-Americans for a bachelor party. All of us in our 30's good looking and in great shape. Fun to party with and not shy on spending $

Going to give my boy one more week of freedom and salvation.

We just secured a hellacious pad and ready to take Cartagena.

Suerte

BayBoy
03-13-11, 12:22
I'll be arriving in Medellin March 14 and staying till the 29th. Also planning to go to Pereira and Cali. This will be my 7th trip to Colombia, so I have a little knowledge of the scene, especially Medellin.

If anyone in Medellin cares to get together for a coffee or cerveza drop me a PM.

OrientalExpress
03-17-11, 16:36
Again, will be in Bogota from April 5-12. If any one in Bogota by this time, we can share information. I have some sources for chicas for TDN type.

You Can
03-23-11, 03:28
I will be back in Cartagena for a short trip from March 26 till the 30th If anyone is interested in grabbing some drinks PM me, I will be ready to party! I have been there many times!

Oh Ya Papi
03-23-11, 04:52
Dude,

I have posted this before. I have been to Colombia for over 6 months / Christmas / friends / todo la madre. I learned this the hard way, by saying it to a paisa, and he FREAKED OUT ON ME, afterward my friend said to me," WHY DID YOU SAY THAT!"

SUERTE means in Colombia=== I am better that you, you are beneath me, and get away from me.

If you want to say =buena suerte then say BUENA SUERTE or you might get shanked in the kidney or punched in the face. Ave Maria Pues! Buena suerte Parceros!

P. S. If you don't believe me go to centro, walk the street with no cars parallel to the metro east until the church and hand a left, to the metro, this is prado the most dangerous place in Medellin and, well good luck gringo.

I.

Dudes,

I'll be in Cartagena on March 22 for one week. If anyone wants to hook up with me and my friends for some serious partying, let me know.

I'm traveling with 8 other Italian-Americans for a bachelor party. All of us in our 30's good looking and in great shape. Fun to party with and not shy on spending $

Going to give my boy one more week of freedom and salvation.

We just secured a hellacious pad and ready to take Cartagena.

Suerte

Brother P
03-26-11, 22:02
Brethren,

I'll be in town April 21 to 24th. Anyone one to hang out Pm me.

DookieBomb
04-01-11, 10:22
1st trip to mde, be at cb2 17th-23rd any help that one can lend will be appricated.

Mountain Guy
04-02-11, 18:35
Leaving for MDE Monday. Will be at CB1 if anyone wants a wingman. Intermediate Spanish speaker. Going to Cartagena 4/12 if anyone is around there.

Dookie, I'l be back at CB1 when you are there. Come over over on the 17th and maybe there will be come chicas at the pool to play with.

Socker
04-02-11, 22:42
Leaving for MDE Monday. Will be at CB1 if anyone wants a wingman. Intermediate Spanish speaker. Going to Cartagena 4/12 if anyone is around there.

Dookie, I'l be back at CB1 when you are there. Come over over on the 17th and maybe there will be come chicas at the pool to play with.MG, I will be at CB 1 as well starting this Sunday night for 1 week. First Timer, yo estoy aprendiano.

Stabilo Boss
04-04-11, 13:40
Hi,

Is there anyone around Bogotà/Bucaramanga or Manizales the first week of May?

I'll be in Colombia for 8 days.

Thanks.

Boss

Doubt98
04-06-11, 01:34
I will be in Bogota from the 16th. 22nd of April. Anyone want to meet I will buy the first beer.

Zman6
04-06-11, 03:01
Whoever's visiting or already lives in MDE & would like to have a brew, check out casas / stripclubs, etc. Please send me a PM. I'll be in town from April 7th thru the 18th.

Plenty of CR experience, but new to Medellin. Spanish is ok. Been waiting for this trip for a long time, so I'm game for whatever! !

Let's do this! ! !

Alvaro 30
04-08-11, 20:58
I'll be in town from April 13th thru the 23th, planning to go to Manizales.

Second Time in Medellin Plenty Spanish 100% Anyone want to meet I will buy the first beer.

Let's do this!

Brother P
04-09-11, 13:43

Second Time in Medellin Plenty Spanish 100% Anyone want to meet I will buy the first beer.

Let's do this! I'll be in MDE 4/15 to 4/17. A quick party weekeend. I'm staying at the VIP in Poblado. When and where do you want to meet up?

Zman6
04-11-11, 16:25

Let's do this! Alvaro.

Hit me up. I'm@CB2! ! Just lost my phone, so don't know when communication will be back up to par. Try to get in touch with me & will go get a cerveza & do a casa run! !

Zman

Alvaro 30
04-12-11, 14:13
Alvaro.

Hit me up. I'm@CB2! ! Just lost my phone, so don't know when communication will be back up to par. Try to get in touch with me & will go get a cerveza & do a casa run! !

ZmanOk where could we met near downtown? I will buy a chip instead I arrive Med

Hasideas Tao
04-15-11, 17:54
Hey guys, seems like most of September, the first two weeks in November, and the first two weeks in December has some great airfares. So I'm planning a trip! I think this time I want to check out Cartegena.

Any heads up on holidays / elections / mass exodus that might screw up my plans or recommendations for a particular festival / celebration will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking for a wingman, PM me.

Thanks!

KayMan2
04-17-11, 23:59
My first trip to Colombia. Just booked the tickets! Now need to figure out an apartment or a hotel. Is anyone traveling in town around Apr 29. May 04?

Chesscat
04-18-11, 01:39
arrive may 25, cb2, let me know if you want to hang out, i like la strada, cheers next to parque presidente, aguacates next to parque presidente, would like to see more of laureles, also the salsa bar near el centro el eslabon prendido.

chesrep001

Kdog
04-19-11, 05:53
Looking for wingman. Many visits to Colombia, but my first to CTG.

Caliguy 2010
04-19-11, 07:56
Hey guys, seems like most of September, the first two weeks in November, and the first two weeks in December has some great airfares. So I'm planning a trip! I think this time I want to check out Cartegena.

Any heads up on holidays / elections / mass exodus that might screw up my plans or recommendations for a particular festival / celebration will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking for a wingman, PM me.

Thanks! Could you provide more info regarding cheap flights in Sep. I am planning a trip in Sep. Thanks in advance.

Member #4154
04-20-11, 15:36
I will be in CTG May 11th for about a week. Looking for a local guide and wingman who knows a little Spanish. I'm me if you want to hangout

Dos Lunas
04-21-11, 07:02
1st round of drinks on me.

Baywatc3
04-23-11, 01:06
Was supposed to travel to Medellin in May either 12th or 26th for four days with two buddies. Lost my wingmen and the CB1&2 are full so not sure about renting an apartment or a room with Franks place by myself. Been to Medellin one time solo and stayed at CB1 had a great time. 49 years young and lookin for a wingman who wants to go in on an apartment or franks Place. Four day trip for me any Thursday- Monday in May 12 or26. Like to party and hit the clubs late night. Jerry from New Orleans

Hasideas Tao
05-11-11, 19:24
Who wants to go to Colombia? Medellin, Bogota, Cartegena?

I've been a few times and would love to share a nice apartment and have some parties with some cool dudes with the same M. O. Maybe even stay at the mansion a few nights too.

My schedule is pretty flexible so I'm thinking September or November when airfares are at their best rates right before or after the holidays.

PM me if interested.