PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Admin
01-01-06, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Santa
02-19-06, 00:56
Science of Genetics Report.

Scientists have discovered that 3 million irishmen can trace their origins to just one man.

The man said, in his own defense, he had been drinking! :D

Ggg180
02-24-06, 18:48
21st april to 5th may .. looking forward to it big time. no doubt will be popping into China. . I will be documenting mytry this time.. I am armed with my new canon camera and info from this site. can't wait.

Will be based in HK and plan to hit SZ, Macau and if I'm brave enough CP I will be needing some pointers from you guys ! I've even learnt some mandarin.

Cebu Local
02-26-06, 00:59
21st april to 5th may .. looking forward to it big time. no doubt will be popping into China. . I will be documenting mytry this time.. I am armed with my new canon camera and info from this site. can't wait.

Will be based in HK and plan to hit SZ, Macau and if I'm brave enough CP I will be needing some pointers from you guys ! I've even learnt some mandarin.Macau has a separate thread,Back read there and so does HK,I suggest you post there also about your plans Cheers

Lancelot
02-27-06, 01:54
I'll be in Beijing March 20-23. Although I've been to China several times in the past this is my 1st in Beijing. If anyone else is going to be here the same time, let me know.

SidTheSexist
03-06-06, 07:47
Anyone going? I will be flying in from Beijing.

Arctic1
03-13-06, 09:56
I am heading for Zhengzhou this weekend, arrive late March 17. If anyone is in town, let me know.

Dr Robert
03-15-06, 21:56
I will be in Shanghai March 29-31 and Dongguan April 1-2, if anyone wants to monger as a group.

Jacka969
03-16-06, 18:06
I will be in Shanghai April 30 -> 3 May,if anyone wants to monger as a group.

Rod Ram
04-02-06, 19:51
Hi,

I will be in Beijing for a couple of days around this weekend as a first time trip to take a look at the city on my way to business in Shanghai.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable $100-$150 Hotel? Just want to take a tour of the city and see the nightlife.

Regards,

RR

Mrejack
04-03-06, 23:36
Hi y'all!

I'm a Swedish guy with lots of travel experience, but I've never been to China.

I am going to visit many of the major cities like BJ, SH, GZ, HZ, NJ, SD and others from May 16 to 30, 2006.

I have read many of the reports and reviews on ISG, but still, I could use some help:

I will not have the time to check out and evaluate the best mongerin experiences at each city.

So I ask you seniors to make an effort to make me a happy guy: Send me your best advices for the cities above. You will be rewarded in Mongers Heaven (Yes, there is such a place, the only thing is that prostitution is not allowed! Everything is for free=heaven)

I'd like to fuck as many nice chinese chicks as possible, but I don't want to get ripped off or catch some strange virus. Or anything.

So, my fellow normal guys. Open your heart and inform me.

If you are into classical music, I'll treat you to a wonderful concert in any city of the above.

Greetings from Sweden

[Email Address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending removal of email addresses in the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system to exchange this information. Thanks!

Phantomtiger2
04-04-06, 00:32
Budget airlines -travel within China (any website?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plan to travel within China and visit various places for tourist sites and of course mongering. Travel within China dont seem cheap on the searches I checked on the web. Any bros have any websites and cheap airlines that I should use for China travel.
Some Places I plan to fly within China: Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou (or Shenshen) and others if time allows.

Thanks
PT

Sorry, posted same on another thread.

Fast Eddie 48
04-05-06, 21:03

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plan to travel within China and visit various places for tourist sites and of course mongering. Travel within China dont seem cheap on the searches I checked on the web. Any bros have any websites and cheap airlines that I should use for China travel.
Some Places I plan to fly within China: Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou (or Shenshen) and others if time allows.

Thanks
PT

Sorry, posted same on another thread.

to phatomtiger

Cheapest fare is offer by agent of tour if you speak chinese you can go to the
travel service in shenzhen or guangdong , If you can travel in the evening you
can get fare 50 % discount on china east airline , I have purchase ticket from
shenzhen to shanghai pudong one way for as low as $ 420 rmb one way .

fast eddie 48

Hat Trick
04-06-06, 01:44

www.travelchinaguide.com

(check out the flight and train schedules, very nice)

www.ctrip.com

Cheers

Fooken Jang
04-15-06, 22:59
Plan to travel in South China area after my trip to Vietnam. Anyone care to join as a group and do some hunting? i 'll be heading to Guangzhou, Dong Guan and Shenzhen with my co-workers from June 16- 25. Also, will make a pit stop at the world's largest mall in Dong Guan area, South China Mall.

Bill Lee
04-27-06, 01:51
You don't sound very respectful of people at all. I personally wouldn't give you one single advise.

That's how I read your writing. Would you like it if we asked you where all the nice swedish girls so we can all come over and fuck them?

Just my two cents,

Bill

[QUOTE=Mrejack]Hi y'all!

...I'd like to fuck as many nice chinese chicks as possible, but I don't want to get ripped off or catch some strange virus. Or anything.

Gualtier Malde
04-27-06, 02:32
For Shanghai, read post #4772. Otherwise, if you have actually read many reports and reviews on ISG, you have all the information you need in hand, and you will know the meaning of RTFF.

And when you are done with your trip, you will pay back the forum by posting your own experiences. The coin of this realm is reports. Save your concerts and "Monger heaven" for some other group.

David

ps: This is not the right thread for soliciting information. Go to specific cities. But of course, they will tell you to RTFF.

Hi y'all!

I am going to visit many of the major cities like BJ, SH, GZ, HZ, NJ, SD and others from May 16 to 30, 2006.

I have read many of the reports and reviews on ISG, but still, I could use some help.

Traveler1234
04-27-06, 03:12
Hi y'all!

I'd like to fuck as many nice chinese chicks as possible, but I don't want to get ripped off or catch some strange virus. Or anything.

So, my fellow normal guys. Open your heart and inform me.

If you are into classical music, I'll treat you to a wonderful concert in any city of the above.

Greetings from Sweden

Nice chinese girls all have carry this strange virus called anti-fuck swede guy syndrome.

Really nasty ugly chinese girls luv swede guys that like to fuck nice chinese girls.

Best way not to get ripped-off is to invest up front in time and effort by RTFF.

CrashOver
04-29-06, 17:51
I'm new to this China forum. Most of my FR is at Malaysia, cos I'm a Malaysian. But coming month May 2006, I will travel over to SHEN ZHEN for training abt 1month.

So would like all Tai Kor recommend me some good place to visit. Which is good reasonable price & nice.

I tryied to post in ShenZhen to get some info but I dont received any respond back.

Thank you in advance.

P/S: Appreciate if could PM me details.

Gualtier Malde
04-29-06, 20:05
... and anyone else blindly soliciting information. This is not the place to solicit information. Plus, CrashOver, as a "Senior Member" you should know better - *READ* the thread you care about first, then ask follow up questions. Don't just put in a post asking us to tell you information that has already been carefully researched and posted by other hard working members.

How do you guys earn your Senior memberships posting like this? Sheesh. RTFF.

David

I'm new to this China forum. Most of my FR is at Malaysia, cos I'm a Malaysian. But coming month May 2006, I will travel over to SHEN ZHEN for training abt 1month.

So would like all Tai Kor recommend me some good place to visit. Which is good reasonable price & nice.

I tryied to post in ShenZhen to get some info but I dont received any respond back.

Thank you in advance.

P/S: Appreciate if could PM me details.

OldAsiaHand
04-30-06, 06:32
Gentlemen,

I have mellowed out. I've stopped flaming posters with such general questions such as "Where can I get laid in Shenzhen?". Even though it still does [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off after over 1,000 posts, many on the Shenzhen thread. The flaming does not seem to be effective since these requests keep on coming regardless. I guess we will always have such selfish, lazy bastards to deal with on this forum. I just ignore them at this point.

Just my POV.

OAH

Cebu Local
04-30-06, 09:56
Gentlemen,

I have mellowed out. I've stopped flaming posters with such general questions such as "Where can I get laid in Shenzhen?". Even though it still does [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off after over 1,000 posts, many on the Shenzhen thread. The flaming does not seem to be effective since these requests keep on coming regardless. I guess we will always have such selfish, lazy bastards to deal with on this forum. I just ignore them at this point.

Just my POV.

OAHBefore deciding to give this guy some limited advice,I looked up his Malaysian posts and he did give some passable FR s,So I will be giving him some limited help.I guess being in the Travel industry I have more patience . To Visitor from Bolleh land,You can get laid EVERYWHERE in Shenzen.Hit the search Function for Lowu and Jusco for some leads.But you have to explain if you are Malaysian Chinese or Bumi.The advice will vary based on that Cheers

Gualtier Malde
04-30-06, 17:26
Sorry, I shouldn't have been as harsh as my post sounded. I think the combination of "Senior Member" (which seems to have degenerated under Jackson's new structure) + a broad request + wrong thread (should be in a city thread) hit sufficient buttons to set me off.

I think this thread is for announcing plans, and solicitions should be for getting mongers together, not asking for city mongering info. That's best discussed in a particular city I think.

Anyway, sorry, I need to get laid and mellow out... :-)

David

Before deciding to give this guy some limited advice,I looked up his Malaysian posts and he did give some passable FR s,So I will be giving him some limited help.I guess being in the Travel industry I have more patience . To Visitor from Bolleh land,You can get laid EVERYWHERE in Shenzen.Hit the search Function for Lowu and Jusco for some leads.But you have to explain if you are Malaysian Chinese or Bumi.The advice will vary based on that Cheers

Traveler1234
04-30-06, 18:07
Sorry, I shouldn't have been as harsh as my post sounded. I think the combination of "Senior Member" (which seems to have degenerated under Jackson's new structure) + a broad request + wrong thread (should be in a city thread) hit sufficient buttons to set me off.

I think this thread is for announcing plans, and solicitions should be for getting mongers together, not asking for city mongering info. That's best discussed in a particular city I think.

Anyway, sorry, I need to get laid and mellow out... :-)

David

I think many of us feel the same way.

A senior member should know where to look for good general information before posting his question. Being a senior member should not and does not preclude doing a decent RTFF of the particular country thread and some investment of his time before posting.

I remember recently one senior who must have posted maybe 30+ queries in China threads, Thailand threads re details re hotels, train schedules, getting from A to B -- his explanation was friends going to Asia wanted to have as much details as possible. If that was the case, why didn't his 'friends' first RTFF and then post themselves.

Most days I ignore the post, other times flame such posts, or provide a reply....guess I should ignore them altogether and as I did with this particular senior, just put the member on my ignore list :(

Ebauche
04-30-06, 22:29
Staying at Holiday Inn Lido. Planning to visit Pig, Maggie's, maybe Hollywood, maybe Absent, maybe HRC if anyone wants to hook up.

View my post history before you flame - I'm not asking for newbie advice.

Traveler1234
04-30-06, 22:46
Staying at Holiday Inn Lido. Planning to visit Pig, Maggie's, maybe Hollywood, maybe Absent, maybe HRC if anyone wants to hook up.

View my post history before you flame - I'm not asking for newbie advice.

go to beijing thread, either post same message or pm so of the regular mongers you find there to hook up with them

Yankee 617
05-01-06, 17:38
Travelling to China for 3-4 weeks in Nov'06. Arrival in Guilin; probably via HK. This will be my first trip to the far east and I have no Chinese language skills but am an experienced traveller (all over Europe, Brazil, Australia, Carribean) and some limited language skills. Enjoy warm weather & beaches. Intend to do plenty of mongering and will study this forum further.

I have several months to study. Please help guide my pre-trip research. Where to visit? What to learn? Tips on info sources? What to be careful of? Where to get the best value (at the lowest price) for hotels, food, girls.

Thanks!

Traveler1234
05-02-06, 02:26
Travelling to China for 3-4 weeks in Nov'06.
I have several months to study. Please help guide my pre-trip research. Where to visit? What to learn? Tips on info sources? What to be careful of? Where to get the best value (at the lowest price) for hotels, food, girls.

Thanks!

Start with reports of distinction thread, then read the specific city/area threads.If you have then have specifics, post your query.

Yankee 617
05-03-06, 00:12
Start with reports of distinction thread, then read the specific city/area threads. If you have then have specifics, post your query.Okay. I read several reports of distinction. Here are some specific questions on Money Matters.

When traveling abroad, I usually use a MasterCard (Cirrus network) to withdraw local currency from an ATM. Will I find such ATM's commonplace throughout China or will they only be scarcely available in big cities? Is this an advisable way to get cash? How can I exchange excess local currency for western currency upon my departure? Will I need a lot of cash or will most establishments accept my (Visa/MC/AMEX) credit card? How concerned should I be about CC fraud (which I have experienced in Brazil)? Is western currency (e.g., US dollars) useful, perhaps even a plus, when negotiating with providers? Also, I'm rather confused about currency: Is it the Yuan or the Renmibi and how does that relate to the HK dollar?

Traveler1234
05-03-06, 00:58
Okay. I read several reports of distinction. Here are some specific questions on Money Matters.

When traveling abroad, I usually use a MasterCard (Cirrus network) to withdraw local currency from an ATM. Will I find such ATM's commonplace throughout China or will they only be scarcely available in big cities? Is this an advisable way to get cash? How can I exchange excess local currency for western currency upon my departure? Will I need a lot of cash or will most establishments accept my (Visa/MC/AMEX) credit card? How concerned should I be about CC fraud (which I have experienced in Brazil)? Is western currency (e.g., US dollars) useful, perhaps even a plus, when negotiating with providers? Also, I'm rather confused about currency: Is it the Yuan or the Renmibi and how does that relate to the HK dollar?

Think of the major urban areas like any other place - ATM are available and best way to go, credit card is accepted in hotels, restaurants, etc.

Reminbi (RMB) and yuan are the same for China' currency.
For providers, use local currency, they have hard time converting US$ to RMB...as you will except in major hotels and selected banks.

US$1 = HK$7.77 (floats slightly)
US$1 = RMB$7.9 (slight float again)

Any good financial newspaper will give you cross fx rates, etc.

Bill Lee
05-03-06, 01:05
Generally the US dollar to HK is 1 US is equal to 7.75 HK dollar. The US dollar is 1 US to 8.01 RMB/Yuan (same thing).

Credit card are good for hotels, airport counters and tourist restaurants. Never come across any fraud yet. But that's just me.

The best place to convert is the local bank. Bring your passport whenever you make a currency exchange. Don't bother with the black market exchange. You just might get stuck with some counterfeit bills which is quite common in China.

Provider have no interest in foreign currency. Stick with the local currency.

I'm not a user of ATM, I'm sure there's conversion fee beside the ATM fee. China banks are all over the place with ATM. but I know nothing about them. I've always have RMB cash. Having US dollars to purchase anything in China has no real advantage.

Keep just enough cash with you for hunting purposes. Otherwise leave the rest in a hotel safe, providing you're staying a reputable hotel.

Bill

Okay. I read several reports of distinction. Here are some specific questions on Money Matters.

Traveler1234
05-03-06, 02:42
I'm not a user of ATM, I'm sure there's conversion fee beside the ATM fee. China banks are all over the place with ATM. but I know nothing about them. I've always have RMB cash. Having US dollars to purchase anything in China has no real advantage.

Bill

I know that Citibank's ATM charges a very fair exchange rate with no surcharge; in fact all countries in Asia. I usually load up when I land at airport in shanghai, right after immigration there is a machine. In beijing, there is also a machine at the luggage area.

Plus lots of Citibank ATM around Shanghai and Beijing; can't speak for other cities.

Ace Gallant
05-03-06, 03:08
I know that Citibank's ATM charges a very fair exchange rate with no surcharge; in fact all countries in Asia. I usually load up when I land at airport in shanghai, right after immigration there is a machine. In beijing, there is also a machine at the luggage area.

Plus lots of Citibank ATM around Shanghai and Beijing; can't speak for other cities.

Generally Citibank's Card is accepted in most Bank of China ATM that are located inside or next to the Bank itself. Just look for the VISA/CIRRUS/MASTERCARD logo on top of the ATM. Citibanks uses the PLUS network to link to the main issuer bank of your card. Please Note that not all ATM from Bank of China accepts Citibank Card.

If you withdraw money overseas on Citibank ATM, I confirmed that there is no bank charges. The only part that you will lose on (Not neccessary) is Exchange rate. Citibank has quite reasonable exchange rates. If you withdraw money from Bank of China ATM and some major banks ATM in China, you will be charge for Admin fees by the bank. The Admin Fees are dependent on the banks.

Citibank are located in all major Cities in China. And there are Citibank ATM located in all these cities.

There are several Citibank ATM in Shanghai: The most prominent Ones are:

1) Citibank ATM in Pudong International Airport = After you clear immigration.
2) Citibank Building Pudong = Lu Jia Qui
3) Citibank - Peace Hotel
4) Citbibank No. 1 Corporate Street = Near Xingtian Di
5) Citibnak ATM = Supermarket on B1 of Jiu Guang guang chang. 久光广场 = Near Jin An Temple.

Citibank ATMs also except Money withdrawals from Major Banks around the world. As long as the bank you are using support VISA/CIRRUS/MASTERCARD/PLUS/Exchange network; you are all right.

Ex-Citibank Employee,
AG

CrashOver
05-03-06, 04:16
David

Hi All,
Basically I just promoted to become a Senior member. What happen was I been posting in ShenZhen forum asking for the information but I dont get any reply. Thats why I try lucky to post in here so that could get so advice, but is been critic by member by saying what useless SM.

Btw, I would like to thanks CebuLocal for help me to explain...
Thank you also to David Xyzzy for your critic. At least now I know what a form for. I thought is for us to share our FR & enjoyment here, but is opposite. Just like to critic & not share :(

Guy I
05-03-06, 08:48

I use a credit card + PIN for cash advances at ATM. Major cities are no problems but had issues in smaller cities (if you want to call Chongqing small....). Bank of China never let me down, though. I always get a couple of thousand RMB at the airport when I arrive. Foreign currency was useless to me except a couple of "freebies" that asked me to help them out which were happy with some USD. My main CC is Amex but you should always bring a second card (Visa or MC) because some places will only accept those (Amex charges higher fees to the merchants). Never had issues with credit card fraud - but I always watch and make sure people don't have a chance to be with the credit card too long without me...

Happy trails!

Cebu Local
05-03-06, 10:10
Hi All,
Basically I just promoted to become a Senior member. What happen was I been posting in ShenZhen forum asking for the information but I dont get any reply. Thats why I try lucky to post in here so that could get so advice, but is been critic by member by saying what useless SM.

Btw, I would like to thanks CebuLocal for help me to explain...
Thank you also to David Xyzzy for your critic. At least now I know what a form for. I thought is for us to share our FR & enjoyment here, but is opposite. Just like to critic & not share :(Crashover I answered your PM.Hopefully that will help.Have Fun Cheers

Bill Lee
05-03-06, 13:20
AG and T1234 - good info.

The Citibank cards you're both are referring to are Citibank's ATM cards or ATM/credit cards? Are there any minimum balance requirement on this account? Can you open an account in Citibank in China instead and are there any advantage to that?

BTW, I stay in Guangzhou most of the time, anybody with input on Citibank usage there?

I haven't been a Citibank customer for many years due to their high fees in the states. I may consider re-opening an account with Citibank just to have that ATM convenience.

I am also thinking about using a bank like Citibank to take out a loan for a purchase of a 10 year old apartment in Panyu. Will using Citibank help in weaving out any fraud? Loan will be about 15K US to 20K US.

Anyone's input is appreciated.

Bill

Traveler1234
05-03-06, 13:32

Bill

Bill - you don't have to be citibank client to use their ATM. I only referred to citibank ATM because I am and have used them worldwide. But others, eg Bank of america, etc. all have access to pretty much the same atm. If you bank in the states, i'm sure your bank card can access your bank account on citibank's atm, only they will charge a surcharge for using their machines (at least in the states they do). but I assume the fx rate should still be good.

If you read AG's post, it has more details -

Ace Gallant
05-04-06, 12:34

The Citibank cards you're both are referring to are Citibank's ATM cards or ATM/credit cards? Are there any minimum balance requirement on this account? Can you open an account in Citibank in China instead and are there any advantage to that?

BTW, I stay in Guangzhou most of the time, anybody with input on Citibank usage there?

I haven't been a Citibank customer for many years due to their high fees in the states. I may consider re-opening an account with Citibank just to have that ATM convenience.

I am also thinking about using a bank like Citibank to take out a loan for a purchase of a 10 year old apartment in Panyu. Will using Citibank help in weaving out any fraud? Loan will be about 15K US to 20K US.

Bill

Just another quick one; The Interbank charges from any Local Banks other than Bank of China is usually higher if you are withdrawing cash from a Non-RMB account from Overseas. The reason why is that Bank of China is the only Local Bank certified by the Chinese government to be able to transact in Foreign Currencies. So all the other local bank have to use Bank of China as the main Forex hub to transfer money in and out of China. Bank of China will charge the local bank (which owned the ATM you are drawing from) and the charge get piggy bag onto the Bank Charges you will pay.

So, whenever possible, Use offshore Banks ATM or Bank of China.

AG

Traveler1234
05-05-06, 01:16
Just another quick one;
So, whenever possible, Use offshore Banks ATM or Bank of China.

AG

Sent you PM re ISG membership but no confirm or reply?

T1234

Yankee 617
05-05-06, 03:11
I very much appreciate all the info on money matters. To clarify a point, I use a USAA MasterCard (Cirrus not Plus) because they charge no fees for cash withdrawal from 3rd-party ATMs. However, I do have to watch out for any fees charged by the 3rd party. Also, to avoid interest charges (as there is no grace period on cash advances), I pre-load the card with several thousand USD before I start my trip. The only other issue is the FX rate, but there is little I can do about that and this approach has usually given me an acceptable rate so I don't worry about it too much. I withdraw what I think I will need in cash for a few days and then charge whatever expenses I can (hotels, etc) to my other credit cards; if my cash runs low, I replenish at the next ATM that I can find.

I assume that both Citibank and Bank of China ATMs can use English?

Ace Gallant
05-05-06, 07:08
I very much appreciate all the info on money matters. To clarify a point, I use a USAA MasterCard (Cirrus not Plus) because they charge no fees for cash withdrawal from 3rd-party ATMs. However, I do have to watch out for any fees charged by the 3rd party. Also, to avoid interest charges (as there is no grace period on cash advances), I pre-load the card with several thousand USD before I start my trip. The only other issue is the FX rate, but there is little I can do about that and this approach has usually given me an acceptable rate so I don't worry about it too much. I withdraw what I think I will need in cash for a few days and then charge whatever expenses I can (hotels, etc) to my other credit cards; if my cash runs low, I replenish at the next ATM that I can find.

I assume that both Citibank and Bank of China ATMs can use English?

There are Bank Admin Charges if you use Mastercard (regardless if it is Cirrus or Plus). This is one of the income of the Banks in China. There is little you can do about the FX rates but as I mentioned, it is better to use Bank of China as they are the only authorise FX Bank. Also, you get a better FX rates in China than back in USA. So whenever possible I will bring US$ and exchange them at the Airport's Pudong Commerical Bank counter. Take note: There is a maximum of US$2500 that you can bring into China. Also when you exchange US$ in any banks, make sure you keep the Forex Exchange slip ( 水单 ) You need that to exchange un-used RMB back to US$. Further notes: The Forex Exchange Slip is (1) valid for 6 months, (2) valid at the same bank you had done the exchange (3) The amount you are changing back cannot exceed the amount indicated on the slip. I usually exchange US$ into RMB at the Pudong Commerical Bank counter at the arrival hall after exiting from the Customs. Their Rates are reasonable and in most instance better than Exchange in USA. If you exchange a minimum of US$500 there are no admin charges.

For most 4 stars and above hotels, they will accepts credit cards. But please also take note: not all shops accept foreign credit cards. Regardless of whether it is VISA or MASTERCARD. AMEX is normally not accepted in local shops. Because of Fraud, try as much as possible not to use Credit Cards in China

All Citibank ATM have multi language options. Most Bank of China ATM have English options and ATM in Major shopping malls they are able to automatically switch the English once they detech your card is a foreign issued card.

Happy Trip!
AG

Red Alert
05-09-06, 09:24
Hello Fellas! I'm trying to find out if any one has the inside track on getting from Hk to Bkk on a China/HK carrier that is not Cathay, China air, or Eva. I found Dragonair, but are there other options besides them. I have a short time for vacation and only want to spend a night or two in HK if that. I basically have a dicounted flight to HK next month. Not really trying to hang out in HK at this point. Rather be in BKK. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

PS. If I do have to stay in HK. Best place or somewhat best for mongering. I know RTFF. A few hints would be nice.

Fast Eddie 48
05-09-06, 21:08
Hello Fellas! I'm trying to find out if any one has the inside track on getting from Hk to Bkk on a China/HK carrier that is not Cathay, China air, or Eva. I found Dragonair, but are there other options besides them. I have a short time for vacation and only want to spend a night or two in HK if that. I basically have a dicounted flight to HK next month. Not really trying to hang out in HK at this point. Rather be in BKK. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

PS. If I do have to stay in HK. Best place or somewhat best for mongering. I know RTFF. A few hints would be nice.

to red alert

I think thai airway have 4 flight a day to bkk , cathay pacific have the most
flight , check with travel agent in hong kong you can get package deal with
tour and hotel very cheap about same cost as just the air fare , if you don't
want to stay in hk try china shenzhen or macau for a few days .

fast eddie 48

Red Alert
05-10-06, 01:42
To red alert,

I think thai airway have 4 flight a day to bkk , cathay pacific have the most flight , check with travel agent in hong kong you can get package deal with tour and hotel very cheap about same cost as just the air fare , if you don't want to stay in hk try china shenzhen or macau for a few days .

Fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48, Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Red Alert

OldAsiaHand
05-10-06, 05:24
I use a Citibank ATM. Machines are only available in Beijing and Shanghai, but none in Guangzhou. The Citibank website has a global locator that tells you where service is available

OAH

Bill Lee
05-11-06, 14:19
Went on their site and China or PRC is not listed. Only HK.

hmmmmm

Billl

I use a Citibank ATM. Machines are only available in Beijing and Shanghai, but none in Guangzhou. The Citibank website has a global locator that tells you where service is available

OAH

Ace Gallant
05-11-06, 14:25
Went on their site and China or PRC is not listed. Only HK.

hmmmmm

Billl

Try this;

http://www.citibank.com.cn/portal/citi_home_center.jsp?lang=ENG

Click on DIY Banking, ATM Networks, Details. However where ever you find their Bank branch, you will find a 24 hours Citibank ATM.

AG

Ace Gallant
05-11-06, 14:31

OAH

Below is the ATM List of Citibank ATMs In China:

ATM Locations in China

Shanghai

Pudong International Airport: International Arrival Section, Shanghai Pudong International Airport
Lady Fashion B Hall: 1/F Lady Fashion B Hall, No. 523 Huaihai Middle Road
Grand Gateway: 1/F, Grand Gateway, No. 1 Hongqiao Road
SuperBrand Mall: SuperBrand Mall Main Entrance, 168 Lujiazui West Road, Pudong
City Plaza: Basement 1, Shanghai City Plaza 1618 Nanjing West Road
City Plaza: Basement 1 Supermarket, Joint Buy City Plaza, No. 1618, West Nanjing Road
Brilliance Shimao: Ground Floor, Brilliance Shimao 819 Nanjing East Road
Park Hotel: Shanghai Park Hotel, 170 Nanjing Road West, Shanghai, China
Hongqiao Airport: Shanghai Hongqiao Airport Departure 'B' Hall, Gate 5
Citigroup Tower(Shanghai Branch): Citigroup Tower, No. 33 Hua Yuan Shi Qiao Road, Lu Jia Zui Finance and Trade Area, Pudong
Marine Tower(Lu Jia Zui Sub-branch): 1/F Marine Tower, No. 1 PuDong Avenue
Peace Hotel(Puxi Sub-branch): 1/F, North Building, Peace Hotel, No. 19, Zhong Shan Dong Yi Road
Xin Tian Di (Xin Tian Di Sub-branch): Shop 3, GF of the Retail podium on the Ground Floor of Two Corporate Avenue, No.202 Hubin Road, Lu Wan District

Gubei Golden Garden (Gu Bei Sub-branch ): 1F Unit 102, No. 1078, Gubei Road Golden Garden

Beijing

Beijing Capital International Airport: Beijing Capital International Airport - International Arrival Hall No. 2
Palm Spring: No.8 South Chao Yang Gong Yuan Rd, Palm Spring, Unit G13
Carrefour Zhong Guan Cun Store: Beijing Carrefour Zhong Guan Cun Store - Basement Two
Bright China Chang-an Building (Beijing Branch): 1/F, Tower 1, Bright China Chang-an Building, No. 7 Jianguomennei Avenue
Ideal Plaza (Zhong Guan Cun Sub-branch): Room 04&05, 1st Floor, Ideal Plaza,No. 58 West Road, North Fourth Ring

Lido Hotel: Holiday Inn Lido Beijing Hotel Lobby, 6 Jiang Tai Road Chaoyang District

Oriental Plaza: 1 East Chang An Jie, Dongcheng District

Kerry Centre (Kerry Centre Sub-branch): 1F, Beijing Kerry Centre Shopping Mall,No.1 Guang Hua Road,Chao Yang District

Tianjin

The Exchange Tower (Tianjin Branch): R102, The Exchange Tower No. 1, No. 189 Nanjing Road, Heping Destrict

Shenzhen

Shenzhen International Airport: Shenzhen International Airport -Domestic Arrival Hall B
Mixc Mall Huarun Centre: B45 B1Mixc Mall Huarun Centre SZ
Shum Yip Center (Shenzhen Shum Yip Sub-branch): 1/F, Shum Yip Center (Besides the Book City), No. 5045 Shen Nan East Rd., Shenzhen, P.R. China 510010

Guangzhou

Teemall: Teemall 1/F, No.208 Tian He Road
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport: Ground Floor, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, No. 208, Tianhe Road
Fortune Plaza (Guangzhou Fortune Plaza Sub-branch): Unit 101, Fortune Plaza, No.118 Ti Yu East Road, Tian He District

Chengdu

City Tower (Chengdu Branch): Unit 101, 1/F, City Tower, 86 Section 1 Renminnan Road

AG

Yankee 617
05-11-06, 18:43
I suppose its possible (perhaps likely) that I arrive & depart via Hong Kong and end up spending a few days there. That means I'll need HK dollars as well as Yuan on my trip. Is it easy to change between HK dollars and Yuan? Is there anywhere I can I use HK dollars in PRC (or Yuan in HK)?

Also, how do the prices (and service) for mongering differ between HK and PRC? Are the prices sharply lower (and/or the service notably better) in PRC such that I should reserve my mongering activities for PRC?

Dragon D
05-12-06, 01:03
Heya,

Don't worry about money, there are tons of money changers around. HK unlike China, is a open financial system. Thus, why many people doing business in China have HK companies. The fun in HK is good and there is a lot to be had. Try www.******.com for an idea of what you can find. Cheers.

Ace Gallant
05-12-06, 02:26
I suppose its possible (perhaps likely) that I arrive & depart via Hong Kong and end up spending a few days there. That means I'll need HK dollars as well as Yuan on my trip. Is it easy to change between HK dollars and Yuan? Is there anywhere I can I use HK dollars in PRC (or Yuan in HK)?

Also, how do the prices (and service) for mongering differ between HK and PRC? Are the prices sharply lower (and/or the service notably better) in PRC such that I should reserve my mongering activities for PRC?

To be exact:

You may only use HK$ in PRC duty free shop, many places even in border cities like Zhu Hai and Shenzhen still do not accept HK$. Even if they except HK$ in PRC place your exchange rate will not be good.

Exchanges between RMB and HK$:

So far I do not know of any places in HK that accepts RMB.

If you are exchanging HK$ to RMB most bank in HK and PRC excepts that.

BUT

to exchange RMB back to HK$ in PRC is nearly impossible! You need a receipt from the bank that you had exchanged Foreign currency to RMB from the same bank that you are exchanging the RMB back to HK$. This receipt is called the Shui Dan 水单 (Exchange Memo), The bank will issue this to you when you exchange foreign currency to RMB. The banks at the airports except most Shui Dan from most major banks. However for bank in the city, they will only excepts Exchange memo from their own bank and the same branch. This Exchange memo is valid for 6 months and has your name on it so that only you can use it to exchange the RMB back to foreign currency. You need to produce your passport for this transaction. Additional condition: You can only exchange back to foreign currency an amount not more that the amount you exchange from Foreign currency to RMB (Stated on the Exchange Memo). I had an experience of landing in Shenzhen and getting over to HongKong so I went to the main branch in Shenzhen for Bank of China (The biggest local bank in China) I produce my cash in RMB, my passport and the exchange memo from Bank of China. My exchange was refused because the Exchange memo was from Bank of China in Shanghai. I than produce another exchange memo from Bank of China in Shenzhen that is not from the main branch. They still refused my transaction saying that I have to go back to that same branch which I got the memo from. That branch is a good 30 mins away!

However for small amount of exchange RMB => HK$ (Below 2000 RMB) it is possible at the causeway between Shenzhen and HK and Gongbei Immigration. Look for the banks counters near the shop around entance of the immigration.

If you monger in HK or macau, you will noticed that you sometimes pay less than the price you pay in HK. of course it will depends on other factors like the abilities to speak the local language, negotiation skill and knowing the right places to go. Read the forum and you will get an ideal on places in PRC. PM and hook up with some local mongers on the board. If you are still worried; look for Dragon D. I am sure he is willing to help you by giving a little donations.

Enjoy
AG

Bill Lee
05-12-06, 02:39
Not exactly close to places I visited. Wish they were near the Garden Hotel.

Thanks again,
Bill

Try this;

http://www.citibank.com.cn/portal/citi_home_center.jsp?lang=ENG

Click on DIY Banking, ATM Networks, Details. However where ever you find their Bank branch, you will find a 24 hours Citibank ATM.

AG

Ace Gallant
05-12-06, 03:23
Not exactly close to places I visited. Wish they were near the Garden Hotel.

Thanks again,
Bill

We should request Citibank to put up a ATM in Garden Hotel, after all the World Trade Center, Shopping area, and Mongering Area is nearby ;)....

hehehe
AG

Jazziton
05-12-06, 04:19
To be exact:

You may only use HK$ in PRC duty free shop, many places even in border cities like Zhu Hai and Shenzhen still do not accept HK$. Even if they except HK$ in PRC place your exchange rate will not be good.

Exchanges between RMB and HK$:

So far I do not know of any places in HK that accepts RMB.

If you are exchanging HK$ to RMB most bank in HK and PRC excepts that.

Enjoy
AG

Many major shops in Hong Kong do accept payment in RMB of course at a not so favourable rate as you would get from the currency exchangers. There are virtualy RMB currency exhange stalls everywhere in the city, especially in the commercial and shopping districts where there are a lot's of mainland tourists. RMB to HKD rate is typical 103.0 to 103.3 and HKD to RMB is 102.8 to 103.0 at these exchange boots.

As for Shenzhen and the use of HKD, almost all the establishments, regardless of big or small, widely accepts HKD, but at the rate 1:1. I haven't had a problem so far bringing HKD only, but if you spend a lot, you will get more for your bucks if you convert it to RMB.

If you still want to exchange to some Yuan, one can do this almost at any of the small shops and stalls at the boarder crossing at aprox the same official exchange rate as the bank. Just note that they might not change 10 or 20.000 at one time, but 3-5.000 is definetly not a problem.

Just a word of precaution, be aware of fake RMB note, especially at the value of 100 and 50.This applies especially both when you change it in either Hong Kong and China. So sometimes it is safer to go to the larger Commercial banks if larger sums is involved. I haven't had a problem thus far since I go to shops I know they have a bank note validating machine.

Jazziton

Fast Eddie 48
05-12-06, 06:58
For you all plan to use US traveler check like amex , china bank have very
poor service it take a long time for them to cash my traveler check even US
100 dollar bill , Most bank in small city like changping don't even take amex
check you need to go to a main branch of bank of china in shenzhen ,.

I recommend you to cash them at hong kong to hkd first , Bank in hong kong
is much easier to deal with .

fast eddie 48

Ace Gallant
05-12-06, 07:31
For you all plan to use US traveler check like amex , china bank have very
poor service it take a long time for them to cash my traveler check even US
100 dollar bill , Most bank in small city like changping don't even take amex
check you need to go to a main branch of bank of china in shenzhen ,.

I recommend you to cash them at hong kong to hkd first , Bank in hong kong
is much easier to deal with .

fast eddie 48

Jazziton & Eddie are right, it is easier and safer to change in HK than in China.

Also if you exchange Foreign Currency to RMB The bigger Bank will have better rates and reliablity is there.

Relate to a story on the news not long ago:

A guy exchange US$2000 with a small shop in Shenzhen, the shop owner refer him to a "Yellow Cow" hanging outside the shop (An freelance exchange agent) saying that he do not have that amount of RMB. The Agent nicely accept the US$2000 gave a call to someone and in a short while another person appeared bringing a bag with Stacks of RMB. He took 14 Stacks of 10 X 100RMB from the bag plus 9 pieces of 100rmb notes and gave it to the victim. Thinking he got a good deal the victim did not even counted the notes and just throw them into his bag and left. Later thoughout the week, he was using the money in some shops and found that a lot of shops start telling him his notes are fake. Sensing something is wrong, he went to the hotel counter and ask the staff to run it though the machine, only to find that 30% of the notes are fake! The hotel manager helped him to report to the police which in turn the victim brought them to the shop. The owner totally denied even seeing the victim and said that they do not know of such "Yellow Cow". The Victim has no written prove or withness that he had made the exchange there and the "Yellow Cow" is nowhere to be seen. The Police have to detain those fake notes and out right the victim loses about US$600! It is a lucky thing that the police believe the victim story, and did not suspect that the victim was the actual person cirrulating the fake notes, otherwise he may had been detained as well!

Not to be paranoid... in a foreign land, we have to be careful. Of course some of you may start saying that I am paranoid and some may even say I am bullshiting. Think of it the other way, you may chose not to believe this story from the papers, but what do I gain by cautioning you to be careful?

AG

Petemcc
06-01-06, 11:12
Hey fellow mongerers,

You may remember me from such postings as 'fuck they are ugly women', or similar, in China, and my report of distinction in Thailand about fucking up. Guess what, I am in SZ from 20(actually will be 21) to 26 June.

Is anyone brave enough to meet me and show me around, or will I just get fucken shot?

I have learned my lesson, and I do at least speak some Mandarin!

Pete

SidTheSexist
06-02-06, 04:05
Hey fellow mongerers,

You may remember me from such postings as 'fuck they are ugly women', or similar, in China, and my report of distinction in Thailand about fucking up. Guess what, I am in SZ from 20(actually will be 21) to 26 June.

Is anyone brave enough to meet me and show me around, or will I just get fucken shot?

I have learned my lesson, and I do at least speak some Mandarin!

Pete

Pete, Your not the aussie screw, who knocked out a pattaya motorbike taxi driver, are you?? If so, then Im afraid, yes, you will just get fucken shot.:D:D

Have fun (and try not to get shot really)
Sid

Petemcc
06-02-06, 05:13
Sid,

Come on, I didn't knock the **** out, just defended myself when he tried to twat me hith a helmet!

Do you suggest I paint a target over my heart, or just shave the back of my head, near the brain stem so they can make it a quick one?

Oh, and by the way, I'll be staying away from mongering in China, this will be a cultural trip, so I may come back alive!

Savannah
06-02-06, 05:31
Not paranoid at all AG. Just use the banks. It is easy to change money at the Homhung train station in HK or any bank. Losing a point on the exchange rate is much nicer than losing 30% on the street. There are a lot of fake notes in China. You may even get some from a bank here. I get 50-100 100RMB notes at a time. I put on my reading glasses and check each one before i leave the presence of the teller. So far, I have only returned 3, but I still do it. I have heard that there has been a rise in fake 10s and 20s.

Savannah

Taipei Traveller
06-02-06, 05:49
For those that know these things, why not give a brief rundown on what to look for in the fake notes, whilst regular visitors to China will probably know, newbies are unlikely to, and hints on what to look for can save someone a lot of money.

SidTheSexist
06-02-06, 06:19
Guys,
I may be in Xi'an next weekend for a business trip and will also be looking for a bit of extras. But can anyone reccomend a suitable venue to watch the England match as I may well cancel if it means I will be watching it in my room.
Cheers men
Sid

Fresh Meat 2
06-02-06, 11:00
Guys.

I'm coming to China in october, it will be my 1st trip to the prc.I will be based in Guangzhou.

I've mongered extensivly in thailand, and Dubai, i have a couple of questions.

1. How does China compare to say Thailand?
2. whats Guangzhou like?

Thanks,

Fresh Meat 2

Showdown
06-03-06, 20:21
I am coming to Shanghai for a mongering vacation 6/22/06-6/29/06. Thanks to the members of this board who convinced me as a black man not to be afraid to monger in Shanghai. If anyone wants to meet up during that time(safety in numbers) PM me.

I intent to provide a very comprehensive account of my mongering trip. It will be the report of a lifetime!

Fast Eddie 48
06-03-06, 22:58
Guys.

I'm coming to China in october, it will be my 1st trip to the prc.I will be based in Guangzhou.

2. whats Guangzhou like?

Thanks,

Fresh Meat 2

to fresh meat

China is alot different than thailand , In thailand every thing is out in the open
and easy to find actions and more people will speak some english , In china
you need to know where to go and it is tough if you never been there or don't
speak some chinese , So it is important for you to RTFF pay attention and read the forum you newbie.

fast eddie 48

Mark Mason
06-04-06, 01:23
Guys.

2. whats Guangzhou like?

Thanks,

Fresh Meat 2

Guangzhou is not too bad. I spent a couple of years there, but it is not easy compared with other parts of China. Women can be found everywhere but you have to know how to look. RTFF is the best advice anyone can give.

There are a number of places nearby that are easy to get to and are much easier to find women.

I envy you I wish I were back there.

Petemcc
06-08-06, 12:49
Someone must be in SZ 21-26 June. I am not a complete twat, actually most think I am good fun, any takers?

Crazyofbutts
06-09-06, 17:02
Fellows,

Anyone wanting to join for a session tour in Shanghai from June 15th to 18th? I must say that I don't know much about Shanghai action apart from what I've read in the forum but have a lot of experience elsewhere....

Please PM if you're interested.

Dar425
06-09-06, 17:51
for those that know these things, why not give a brief rundown on what to look for in the fake notes, whilst regular visitors to china will probably know, newbies are unlikely to, and hints on what to look for can save someone a lot of money.

i am not an expert but will give some help/advice.

you need to look at only the 100 rmb notes. i see some people look at 50 rmb notes, but my opinion is only 100 rmb notes is worth the time to look at. no one looks at small notes (20, 10, etc), because fake money people don't waste time printing small notes.

on 100 rmb note, look for:
1) watermark. it's a photo of the chairman, watermarked / ghost.
2) thread. i think there is a thread weaved into the paper, look for it.
3) feel the red print. by this, i mean 'pet' the red ink. if it's real money then you will feel a kind of 'ribbed', or 'speed bumps', or 'raised ridges' feeling to the ink. if you do not feel this kind of 'ribbed / raised ridges' bumpy effect, then it's probably fake money.

when in china, i always get my money (100 rmbs) from banks, or bank atms. i never use hotel exchange, or other exchange services, but i think a 5-star hotel with cash exchange probably gets their cash from banks, so they are probably safe to use (but 4-star or 3-star hotel, i do not know if you can trust them).

for some reason, when doing cash-exchange (usd$ to rmb), i am told that i can do this only at official "bank of china" branches. if i go to "commerce bank of china" or "agriculture bank of china" they always tell me to go to (the original?) "bank of china". so, do not confuse these 3 banks of similar name...

with all of this help and advice, i still find that 20% of the time when i am using my 100 rmbs, that someone will refuse my 100 rmb and say it is fake. so, i give them a different 100 rmb note and they accept it.

i do not worry about now having a fake 100 rmb, because if someone refuse/reject my 100 rmb, i just use that 'fake' 100 rmb for the next thing i buy -- and it is usually examined and accepted by the next person!!

i think there are a lot of a people in china who refuse to accept real money, because i always (100%) get my 100 rmbs from official "bank of china", and they verifiy all notes are real. so why then 20% of the time people reject/refuse my 100 rmb note? i do not know, but i think because they just enjoy to tease the foreigner, like a game. *smile*

dar

Tiger 888
06-10-06, 05:56
One of the safest ways to determine if a note is real, is to cut out a small piece of the silver thread with the fingernail. It is very unlikely that a fake note has a real thread in it. The Chinese money paper runs ugly so fast, that the feel is not a safe way unless the note is fairly new.

OldAsiaHand
06-10-06, 07:18
I may be there 22-23 June. Drop me a PM and let me know how to make contact.

OAH

Someone must be in SZ 21-26 June. I am not a complete twat, actually most think I am good fun, any takers?

LittleGoomba
06-11-06, 09:18
I'll be in Chengdu for a few weeks visiting my Chengdu sweetie. I'm generally committed to her but am free to go for drinks, take sidetrips, or be a wingman. PM if you're around.

Gatsby67
06-11-06, 09:28
With all of this help and advice, I still find that 20% of the time when I am using my 100 RMBs, that someone will refuse my 100 RMB and say it is fake. So, I give them a different 100 RMB note and they accept it.

I do not worry about now having a fake 100 RMB, because if someone refuse/reject my 100 RMB, I just use that 'fake' 100 RMB for the next thing I buy -- and it is usually examined and accepted by the next person!!

I think there are a lot of a people in China who refuse to accept real money, because I always (100%) get my 100 RMBs from official "Bank Of China", and they verifiy all notes are real. So why then 20% of the time people reject/refuse my 100 RMB note? I do not know, but I think because they just enjoy to tease the foreigner, like a game. *smile*

Dar

Actually this activity can be part of a common scam to switch your legal tender currency for counterfeit money. You offer a RMB 100 note, they examine it (it is OK) but they don't accept it, and through a sleight of hand return you a counterfeit one. The next one you offer is accepted and your transaction is complete, but you now hold a counterfeit note in your wallet.

Kunshan
06-12-06, 02:17
After a few bad experiences here in China I now insist that Chinese banks run any USD I am withdrawing through their machines before I take them, you will be suprised to see how many notes are not accepted (Especially in BOC).

SidTheSexist
06-12-06, 03:31
I am not an expert but will give some help/advice.

You need to look at only the 100 RMB notes. I see some people look at 50 RMB notes, but my opinion is only 100 RMB notes is worth the time to look at. No one looks at small notes (20, 10, etc), because fake money people don't waste time printing small notes.Dar

No flame intended but this is poor advice regarding counterfeit bills. In two years, I have never been given a fake 100 however I have lost count of the amount of fake 20's & 50's those bastard taxi drivers circulate. I take this subject seriously because it pisses me off so much. I was going to write a long post but i cant be arsed. Monday morning and very busy:( Beijing taxi drivers [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off!!!!! Always check all notes from taxi drivers.
Sid

Savannah
06-12-06, 04:27
I agree with Sid. Always try to keep small notes to give to taxis. In GZ now, there are a lot of fake 10 and 20 notes.

Virage
06-12-06, 04:45
Serious problems with fake notes in China. I have been given so many fake notes in the past few years. Some fake notes are easy to pick out, but there are a lot that are difficult. I was shown that the easiest way is to feel the texture of the notes. I don't know if anyone else can give some suggestions on how to tell fake notes from the real ones?

After a few bad experiences here in China I now insist that Chinese banks run any USD I am withdrawing through their machines before I take them, you will be suprised to see how many notes are not accepted (Especially in BOC).

Reader123
06-13-06, 06:23
Dar,

Did you ever exchange currency in the stores? I have exchange several thousand in those places. I have seen locals do exchanges, but probably not worth it for the slightly better exchange rate as it seems like a good way to pass counterfeits. The slightly better rate is not a big deal for most foreigners anyway.

Ace Gallant
06-13-06, 13:45
Serious problems with fake notes in China. I have been given so many fake notes in the past few years. Some fake notes are easy to pick out, but there are a lot that are difficult. I was shown that the easiest way is to feel the texture of the notes. I don't know if anyone else can give some suggestions on how to tell fake notes from the real ones?

In my experience; I normally got hit with fake notes if I am in a rush to get out for taxi or if I am in a rush to go somewhere after buying some stuff from the store.

You can normally feel the textures of Fake notes and most fake note seems to be clean and new. Therefore I am most alert when someone give me clean and new notes besides from the Banks.

The smallest fake notes I had got is a 50s but most of them are 100s never seen any 20 or 10 fake notes.

AG

Ace Gallant
06-13-06, 13:48
I agree with Sid. Always try to keep small notes to give to taxis. In GZ now, there are a lot of fake 10 and 20 notes.

Buy a Transport Card from the MRT and top it up so that you can use in on taxis. That way it will minimized you for having carry cash. Many convient stores and even Mc Donalds also accept this Transport card now.

The lesser chance of you using hard cash, the lesser chance of getting chang back on fake notes.

AG

Petemcc
06-15-06, 01:25
Buy a Transport Card from the MRT and top it up so that you can use in on taxis. That way it will minimized you for having carry cash. Many convient stores and even Mc Donalds also accept this Transport card now.

The lesser chance of you using hard cash, the lesser chance of getting chang back on fake notes.

AGSo one can use an MRT card ( the ones that originated in HK) in the Taxis in Shenzhen and Guangzhou?

Superforce99
06-15-06, 02:14
So one can use an MRT card ( the ones that originated in HK) in the Taxis in Shenzhen and Guangzhou?

The MTR system in Shenzhen and Guangzhou have charge cards (incompatible) that you can top off with 50 or 100 RMB at a time and are accepted for payment in very limited places.

I live in SZ and from what I have noticed, there are NO taxis (they might exist, but I've never seen them) that accept this charge card and the only shops that accept this card are certain McDonalds and 7-11. Situation is similar in Guangzhou, but perhaps 1% of taxis accept the cards payment and 5% more shops accept the cards for payment.

J

Albert Punter
06-15-06, 07:25
System works very well for us in Shanghai.
Maybe AG was thinking to this city ?

Charge cards are accepted by all transportation means here, including 99,99% of taxis. You can put 200 or 300 or more if you like.
They make life much easier, other than avoid possible scam with change.

The MTR system in Shenzhen and Guangzhou have charge cards (incompatible) that you can top off with 50 or 100 RMB at a time and are accepted for payment in very limited places.
J

Petemcc
06-15-06, 09:36
Thanks Johnny and Albert, that's what we need here, accurate information, otherwise a newbie like me is going to look like a complete dickhead when I start asking a taxi driver where I can use my card!

Fast Eddie 48
06-16-06, 02:53

I live in SZ and from what I have noticed, there are NO taxis (they might exist, but I've never seen them) that accept this charge card and the only shops that accept this card are certain McDonalds and 7-11. Situation is similar in Guangzhou, but perhaps 1% of taxis accept the cards payment and 5% more shops accept the cards for payment.

J

to johnny kon666

Hong kong octopus card is the best transporting card in the world , There are
talk octopus card will be able to use in shenzhen mtr system soon .

fast eddie 48

Shsdlux
06-17-06, 07:56
Some of the fake notes you can identify very easily. On the RBM 100 notes there is the security stripe. This stripe will change color slightly if you hold it flat and tilt it slightly back and forth.

The fake bills will not do this.

Banker24
06-19-06, 19:32
I'll be in Beijing from now until around August 18th. I'm mostly free on the weekends and my schedule will be more opened up in August towards the end of my trip. Feel free to contact/PM me if any of you guys will be in town.

Will

Savannah
06-20-06, 09:57
The small green amount will change from green to gold when reflecting light. This and the texture are the quickest ways to spot bad money. AG is right, you can never be in a hurry here especially getting out of a taxi. Many people when giving you change, will short change you, pass off bad money, or simply change the amount. I guess after awhile you'll get used to it and better protect yourself, but it's damned annoying.

Savannah

Capt Crunch
06-28-06, 01:57
I am looking for a suggested itenerinary for travel to China from 8-10-06 to 9-30-06. If you know of any hotels please let me know. I usually travel for business from Seattle. A 3 to 4 star hotel will do(My company is picking up the tab). I would alos like to know other exciting cities in China.

If anyone is going to be in Beijing around 8-10-06, please PM me. I will be working during the day, but will be available for a beer at night.

If i do not receive any additional info, i will most likely stay at an American hotel(Sheraton or Hyatt). Just ask for D.Jensen

DAJ912

Phantomtiger2
07-17-06, 23:59
Plan to monger in SZ ,CP and GZ area for 2 weeks before (maybe) flying out to Shanghai for quick visit then home.

Would it be better and cheaper to buy a one way flight from SZ or GZ to Shanghai while at home /internet(using Ctrip) or wait until I arrive in China and using a local travel agent?

Csun213
07-18-06, 01:38
Plan to monger in SZ ,CP and GZ area for 2 weeks before (maybe) flying out to Shanghai for quick visit then home.

Would it be better and cheaper to buy a one way flight from SZ or GZ to Shanghai while at home /internet(using Ctrip) or wait until I arrive in China and using a local travel agent?

I have always found it to be cheaper to purchase the tickets in China. Try to book about 3-4 days before your flight. It is usually the cheapest 3 days or so before the flight.

Phantomtiger2
07-18-06, 22:42
I have always found it to be cheaper to purchase the tickets in China. Try to book about 3-4 days before your flight. It is usually the cheapest 3 days or so before the flight.

Thanks Csun,
As my date for my flight home cant be changed, would 3-4 days be wise for purchasing ticket. Not sure about flight travel situation in China but back home 3-4 days usually mean not able to find tickets on already oversold flights. And since I will be in South China for about 2 weeks anyway, would tickets be just as cheap buying it 2 weeks in advance?
BTW: any differences if purchase plane tickets from GZ,SZ or CP?--any recommended cheap but reliable travel agents you guys know. Thanks in advance.

PT

Csun213
07-19-06, 01:29
Thanks Csun,
As my date for my flight home cant be changed, would 3-4 days be wise for purchasing ticket. Not sure about flight travel situation in China but back home 3-4 days usually mean not able to find tickets on already oversold flights. And since I will be in South China for about 2 weeks anyway, would tickets be just as cheap buying it 2 weeks in advance?
BTW: any differences if purchase plane tickets from GZ,SZ or CP?--any recommended cheap but reliable travel agents you guys know. Thanks in advance.

PT

The reason why it is cheaper to purchase ticket about 3 days or so before your flight is that most travel agents buys up a lot of tickets then resell them. They normally sell for higher price earlier, as the date get closer they will have to sell them cheaper otherwise they will have to eat the unsold tickets. Do not worry about getting a flight in China because they have lots of flights. Not sure about the prices at other places since I have always flew out to SZ. There will be a lot of people handing out name cards for travel agents. You can find them in front of most hotels.

OldAsiaHand
07-19-06, 02:27
Phantomtiger2,

Use a local travel agent. The discounts can be 50% or more. They are currently offering as low as 500 RMB to Shanghai.

Just my POV.

OAH

Phantomtiger2
07-19-06, 19:19
Phantomtiger2,

Use a local travel agent. The discounts can be 50% or more. They are currently offering as low as 500 RMB to Shanghai.

Just my POV.

OAH

Thanks for the advice Bros OAH and Csun.
I'll wing it when I get to China. Didn't realize prices could be that much cheaper as usually internet prices are hard to beat. I did a check and cheapest I found --including using Ctrip, was about $120 US OW for SZ to Shanghai.
Damn, 500rmb for ticket, only hope deal still on when I get there.

PT

OldAsiaHand
07-23-06, 13:54
PT,

The less popular the flights the lower the fares i.e. very early in the morning or late at night. Sometimes, in the middle of the afternoon. The prime times are more money, but still usually discounted, as well.

OAH

Thanks for the advice Bros OAH and Csun.
I'll wing it when I get to China. Didn't realize prices could be that much cheaper as usually internet prices are hard to beat. I did a check and cheapest I found --including using Ctrip, was about $120 US OW for SZ to Shanghai.
Damn, 500rmb for ticket, only hope deal still on when I get there.

PT

Superforce99
07-28-06, 05:41
Hey AG,

I'll be taking a trip back to the states soon and was wondering if you had
any advice for mongering in the states. You were married to a white (USA?)
woman and ABC (like me) right? I assume you have a wealth of knowledge that
will match my likes and tastes and maybe can get both white and asian freebies.

The trip will be for about three weeks and will spend a little time on both coasts
visiting relatives. I've actually never mongered in the USA before and was wondering
if you had any advice for mongering/freebies.

J

SidTheSexist
07-28-06, 09:21
For a married guy I find it strange that you want to find freebie westerners in your home(?) country. However, after giving it some thought, my best suggestion would be to rely on P4P. That way you have no pressure to get your leg over and can spend more time socialising normally which will in turn allow you to meet better girls; as you wont be so nervous and trying to impress them. In my experience, girls know immediatley when you want to fuck them and it gives them even more reason to act like the typical stuck up foreign birds we think they are. Their egos go into overdrive and they know they can control you!
When they realise that you couldnt (appear to) give 2 shits about them, this is when their defences are down and they are a lot more vunerable to attack:D So keep to the P4P and you will only get more.

Ps, P4P is obviously far less risky but I'm also racking my brains trying to work out why AG is the only one who could have helped you on this topic.

Sid

Ace Gallant
07-28-06, 09:56
Hey AG,

The trip will be for about three weeks and will spend a little time on both coasts
visiting relatives. I've actually never mongered in the USA before and was wondering

J

Johnny,

Unfortunately no, I don't monger in States Basically I move out of States when I was 5 and returned 20 years later where I got my first wife pregnant and got married very soon after. My daugther in USA is already 18. As in my post, I don't monger when I am Married, most of the time when I spent longer period in USA, I was married so I missed out on mongering places.

Even now while on short trips back to states, I only depended on P4P. I can share experience in other places that I do monger but not in USA.

Sorry...
AG

Ace Gallant
07-28-06, 10:04
Ps, P4P is obviously far less risky but I'm also racking my brains trying to work out why AG is the only one who could have helped you on this topic.

Sid

Perhaps it because Johnny wants to tap on this strange and unique guy AG;who has th chance to get married to both a White and a Chinese.

AG

Ace Gallant
07-28-06, 12:19
PT,

The less popular the flights the lower the fares i.e. very early in the morning or late at night. Sometimes, in the middle of the afternoon. The prime times are more money, but still usually discounted, as well.

OAH

Flights prices also depends on the seasons (Holiday seasons or normal Seasons), the time when you book the ticket (like 7 days before the departure) or whether the flight is over booked.

1) Holiday seasons, normally you cannot book more than one month ahead and has lesser or no discounts

2) Anything more than 1 month booking ahead the price goes up, Anything within one month to 3 days ahead, the price goes downwards. Once it hit 3 days before departure, the price goes back up. If you book the flight on the same day of departure, the price is like to be full price, unless of course if you are at the airport and the flight is not full you get a standby fare which can be 80% for the Y class (full fare)

3) Travel agent knowing the holiday season will board booked x number of seat 2 month ahead of time. Than they will start selling those fares, hwoever any unsold seats have to be returned to the Airlines 3 day before the flight departure. These unsold seat than get to be released back to the pool. Sometimes when you try to get on a certain one week before the date of deprture, they tells you are full, and put you on waitlist, but 2 day before the date, suddently there are a lot of seat available. These is why.

On the right timing and right date you may be able to get a ticket that is 45% of the Y class (Full fare). So you have to know the right time to book.

Here is two more suggestions:

1) Plan your city in sequent to your travel. Some routes are servedby many airline and therefore it is very competitive and therefore the price is lower.

2) Alway choose your airline of your preference and fly the same airline whenever possible. Of course besides the mileage, you know what you are expecting from the level of service and so you will not be disappointed. I travel a lot domestic on Southen AIrlines and China Eastern. Never have I once taken a flight on China Eastern that is on time. But I am very used to that. I found Hainan Air and Southen Air is the best in China. Air China...sucks.. I do not why they can be the offical Air line for teh coming Olympics, they have a long long way to go man!

AG

Phantomtiger2
07-28-06, 17:46
Flights prices also depends on the seasons (Holiday seasons or normal Seasons), the time when you book the ticket (like 7 days before the departure) or whether the flight is over booked.

1) Holiday seasons, normally you cannot book more than one month ahead and has lesser or no discounts

2) Anything more than 1 month booking ahead the price goes up, Anything within one month to 3 days ahead, the price goes downwards. Once it hit 3 days before departure, the price goes back up. If you book the flight on the same day of departure, the price is like to be full price, unless of course if you are at the airport and the flight is not full you get a standby fare which can be 80% for the Y class (full fare)

3) Travel agent knowing the holiday season will board booked x number of seat 2 month ahead of time. Than they will start selling those fares, hwoever any unsold seats have to be returned to the Airlines 3 day before the flight departure. These unsold seat than get to be released back to the pool. Sometimes when you try to get on a certain one week before the date of deprture, they tells you are full, and put you on waitlist, but 2 day before the date, suddently there are a lot of seat available. These is why.

On the right timing and right date you may be able to get a ticket that is 45% of the Y class (Full fare). So you have to know the right time to book.

Here is two more suggestions:

1) Plan your city in sequent to your travel. Some routes are servedby many airline and therefore it is very competitive and therefore the price is lower.

2) Alway choose your airline of your preference and fly the same airline whenever possible. Of course besides the mileage, you know what you are expecting from the level of service and so you will not be disappointed. I travel a lot domestic on Southen AIrlines and China Eastern. Never have I once taken a flight on China Eastern that is on time. But I am very used to that. I found Hainan Air and Southen Air is the best in China. Air China...sucks.. I do not why they can be the offical Air line for teh coming Olympics, they have a long long way to go man!

AG

Many thanks AG,

Very detail and helpful for my upcoming vacation there. I already printed this post to remind myself what I need to do.
Just checked my calendar and didnt see any major Chinese holidays when I'll be there so shouldnt be a problem with oversold or premium priced tickets-I think.
My current plans to be in China 1st week of Nov and return home for Thanksgiving day hoilday with family (3rd week or Nov).

PT

Ace Gallant
07-28-06, 20:46
Many thanks AG,

Very detail and helpful for my upcoming vacation there. I already printed this post to remind myself what I need to do.
Just checked my calendar and didnt see any major Chinese holidays when I'll be there so shouldnt be a problem with oversold or premium priced tickets-I think.
My current plans to be in China 1st week of Nov and return home for Thanksgiving day hoilday with family (3rd week or Nov).

PT

Take note:

Blackout periods (Name used by Airlines as peak seasons) includes Holidays out of China to designation countries with Holidays. Example: Thankgiving Day and Christmas in the USA. Around that time, going going flights are normally sold out early.

AG

Phantomtiger2
07-28-06, 21:36
Take note:

Blackout periods (Name used by Airlines as peak seasons) includes Holidays out of China to designation countries with Holidays. Example: Thankgiving Day and Christmas in the USA. Around that time, going going flights are normally sold out early.

AG

Thanks, but still shouldnt be a problem (I hope) since my RT to China will be on a regular airlines from the states that I will book via the internet sites soon. Plan on leaving home--land in SZ or GZ airport and return home from Shanghai airport. I was only concerned about prices for short notice travel within China itself as I'm not 100% sure how much time I want to devote to certain parts of China. So, I plan to depart China from Shanghai and will need to fly into Shanghai from wherever I am about 3-4 days before departure.

PT

Phantomtiger2
07-28-06, 21:42
any advice for mongering in the states.

J

Hey Johnny,
I Like to help but need you to narrow down exactly where you will be mongering.
Ex: East coast is huge area. Boston, NJ, Conn, NYC, Maine, even Florida. I'm sure some bros are familiar with some cities and not others but just need to know exactly where to be helpful.

Sorry, I have not been to West coast (LA and SF only) in over 8 years so all info I have will be outdated by now.

PT

Launchnow
07-28-06, 22:45
Johnny I am in California. There are plent of interesting spots in LA, San Fran and NYC that I know about from past experiences. Be in touch.

Hey AG,

I'll be taking a trip back to the states soon and was wondering if you had any advice for mongering in the states. You were married to a white (USA?) woman and ABC (like me) right? I assume you have a wealth of knowledge that will match my likes and tastes and maybe can get both white and asian freebies.

The trip will be for about three weeks and will spend a little time on both coasts visiting relatives. I've actually never mongered in the USA before and was wondering if you had any advice for mongering/freebies.

J

Bill Lee
07-29-06, 03:39
His royal highness, the KING of ZH is coming to America.

Hide all the girls.

Wanna meet me in San Diego and then into Tijuana? $50-60 US ST.

Bill

Hey AG,

J

Tonicma
07-29-06, 06:08
Hi,

I'm going to China to study for one year. Hoping to see some experienced people to meet up and show me around Beijing for some fun.

Fran123
07-29-06, 07:55

Hide all the girls.

BillHi Johnny,

There are a few places near Reno and Las Vegas that’s legit. The only problem there are expensive and the going rate is $150-$200USD. See "www.usasexguide.info". You can also try Canada: Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. It’s cheaper there. They call Vancouver HONG-Couver because half the the city is own by people from Hong Kong.

Manfest
07-30-06, 23:18
any advice for mongering in the states.I don't have the experience you have, so hail to the king. Any help I can offer in the Bay area south of San Francisco, just ask. There are 2 websites for this area: lovings.com and myredbook.com

Both are mainly for massage and escorts. As you may know, these activities are very restricted in the US, and both parties are very cautious. For example, there is a 2 call system where the first call establishes price, name of person, and general driving directions. You call them back a second time when you are nearby, and they give more detailed instructions. You must have a unlocked cell number for them to track your number and call back.

The price range here is US$ 160-200 for about an hour, and $ 200-1000 for longer term escorts. There is no such thing as LT unless you get to know the ladies over a longer period of time. (I suppose a large sum of money might change that).

There are some hotels in SF where the flight crews stay, such as the Cathedral Hill Hotel on Van Ness street. These are pretty fun to hang out, and higher odds of finding some freebies, in my experience.

If you come this way, let me know, I might be able to show you around. Hope you enjoy your trip stateside. (although I am in China August 20-26).

Superforce99
08-01-06, 06:08
Hey, thanks for all the information recently. It's good to know so many on the
board are so quick and generous to share.

The trip seems to be about 50/50 at this point, so not sure if it will actually
happen yet. It's going to encompass attenting two weddings, one on each
coast. Will definately start asking more questions as time nears. The info in
the San Francisco/Bay Area seems spotty and not very good and I haven't
gone through the New York/Boston area reports yet.

Also, I framed my question to AG because he's like the communist government,
man, everywhere...anywhere...and knows everything. And he responds so
fast, like within minutes sometimes!

Thanks again.

J

Phantomtiger2
08-01-06, 18:04
Hey, thanks for all the information recently. It's good to know so many on the
board are so quick and generous to share.

The trip seems to be about 50/50 at this point, so not sure if it will actually
happen yet. It's going to encompass attenting two weddings, one on each
coast. Will definately start asking more questions as time nears. The info in
the San Francisco/Bay Area seems spotty and not very good and I haven't
gone through the New York/Boston area reports yet.

Also, I framed my question to AG because he's like the communist government,
fast, like within minutes sometimes!

Thanks again.

J

Hey Johnny,
when you finalize your travel schedule and know exactly where you will be, let me know and I can further more info to you. Currently, I'm still a east coast monger with some knowledge of NY but mainly Canada--I am here now. If you ever make it up this way, let me know and we can hook up.

PT

Edit in: Sorry fellas, I meant to say I'm currently in Canada now and not NYC.

Phantomtiger2
08-01-06, 22:16

Hide all the girls.

Bill

Ah, TJ--what memories as Mexico was one of my early monger experiences, but I no longer go there as things have gotten worse the last few years. More Rip offs, thefts, muggings, murders etc.--and I'm not even talking about regular people as the Cops there are ripping off non-locals more and more with BS shakedowns--happened to a friend of mine recently.
So be extra careful down there. Mexico is not Asia.

ST with SW during the weekdays should avg. about $20-30 after negot.--these should be the most recent prices from what my friend told me, and of course, the "beauty queens" will want more than regular going prices.
plus $5-10 for ST room in nearby houses. Dont know why but from what I remember, the usual SW in TJ tend to be on the plump side.

Finally, if you plan to rent car in Calif. and drive into Mexico--I suggest you dont as car breakin and theft there is rampant and Most car rental insurance dont cover the loss.

I know this may not be the appropriate post here (China thread) but wanted to put down some basics for anyone interested.
Cheers All and happy hunting. Let me know if you guys make it down there.

PT

Bill Lee
08-02-06, 12:53
I meant the hotties at the famous Adelitas Bar. Not the SWs.

Just giving you the high end of the cheap scale.

Bill

Hide all the girls.

Bill

Fast Eddie 48
08-02-06, 16:38

Bill

to bill / phantom

Why do you guys want to TJ for the Latino skank for $ 60.00 usd when you
can get fresh chinese girl for $ 20.00 usd , Have not been to TJ for over 7 yr
don't miss it either miss china not much actions here in San Francisco , See you guys in china end of the month .

fast eddie 48

Phantomtiger2
08-02-06, 17:35
to bill / phantom

don't miss it either miss china not much actions here in San Francisco , See you guys in china end of the month .

fast eddie 48

Hi Eddie,
I think its been about 5-6 years since i've been to TJ. Only reason I dont visit anymore as its not as safe as it use to be--well, it was Never safe in TJ but worse now. I use to go with SW and prices not bad as it (was)comparable to LOS or China with a little negot. and charm=just smile alot. Still way way cheaper than home. Also, some latinas are hotties (at least for me) and for the price, its not bad for the change in menu. After all, cant eat "Chinese food" all the time.--ha ha

peace all.

PT

Phantomtiger2
08-02-06, 17:40

Bill

Hey Bill,
I love that contradiction --it made me laugh "high end of the cheap scale".--ha ha, good one bro.
Heard about it but never been inside Adelitas. Ive only been to HK bar-dont know if its still there--it was ok, not great.
Let me know how it goes.

PT

Bill Lee
08-02-06, 18:16
I'm not as fucking lucky as you are. I don't live or work in China. Hopefully, I can die there with a big grin on my face with my last orgasm and broke, borrowing money to squander on them Chinese hotties.

TJ are doable weekend trips whereas China is a three or more weeks type of trip.

I pay $140 to $160 for st fs with bbbj from certain providers here in the states. What can you do? You pay what you can get at where you can get.

Besides, the girls in Adelitas are pretty hot Spanish girls. Dressed to kill like in a club scene. Only thing is, it's the money that will get their attention. $60 for a hottie Spanish girl is worth it even for ST. Like PT2 says, you can't have Chinese all the time.

Bill

to bill / phantom

fast eddie 48

Phantomtiger2
08-02-06, 23:06
I framed my question to AG because he's like the communist government,
fast, like within minutes !

J

Within minutes!!!!!--Damn, he took that long to respond? must be slowing down with age as he use to be alot quicker--ha ha.
Hmm--Cum to think of it, how do we know he's not really a spy for the Commies posing as one of us mongers?????

Cheers all

PT

Fast Eddie 48
08-03-06, 02:19
I'm not as fucking lucky as you are. I don't live or work in China. Hopefully, I can die there with a big grin on my face with my last orgasm and broke, borrowing money to squander on them Chinese hotties.

TJ are doable weekend trips whereas China is a three or more weeks type of trip.

I pay $140 to $160 for st fs with bbbj from certain providers here in the states. What can you do? You pay what you can get at where you can get.

Besides, the girls in Adelitas are pretty hot Spanish girls. Dressed to kill like in a club scene. Only thing is, it's the money that will get their attention. $60 for a hottie Spanish girl is worth it even for ST. Like PT2 says, you can't have Chinese all the time.

Bill

to bill

No I live in San Francisco I just travel alot to China and South America for business and p4p , If you want hot spanish or latina go to Argentina and
Brazil or Venezula you don't know what the hell you are missing .

fast eddie 48

Bill Lee
08-03-06, 02:34
But I'm limited by opportunities and I'm chained to my job at times.

I like to travel to places where I feel comfortable and China fits the bill. TJ is the best I can do for Spanish food.

Bill

to bill

No I live in San Francisco I just travel alot to China and South America for business and p4p , If you want hot spanish or latina go to Argentina and
Brazil or Venezula you don't know what the hell you are missing .

fast eddie 48

Gualtier Malde
08-03-06, 02:57
Within minutes!!!!!--Damn, he took that long to respond? must be slowing down with age as he use to be alot quicker--ha ha.
Hmm--Cum to think of it, how do we know he's not really a spy for the Commies posing as one of us mongers?????

Cheers all

PT

I know AG to be a lot of things, but a spy for the gov'mnt? No way. He's far to crazy to qualify... :-) I can personally vouch for his non-spyness.

David

Weelock
08-03-06, 05:06
Hi Eddie,

I think Bill is saying he ( me also ) do not have the pleasure of working for a company that paids for the airfare, food, transportation, and at a 4-5 star hotel nor do we live in China. In addition, he is limited, like me, and the times we can travel. Eddie, next imagine paying for the "expense bill" to China. I’m guessing, traveling to China for a month can total $3000-5000 USD. Since most people are on business, not paying the bill, they generally travel on the higher end.

I second that about South American. I have also heard Brazil ( Rio ) and Argentina are good places to monger. I'm not sure about Venezula, languages: Portuguese and Spanish. Too bad I forgot most of my high school Spanish.

Albert Punter
08-04-06, 07:35
South America is a paradise for mongering, particularly Brazil where you can experience the largest variety. There you can find girls of all races, so you can select food you like to eat that particular night.
Oriental is available too.

Languages ?
In general they are more manageable than chinese for a foreigner.

I second that about South American. I have also heard Brazil ( Rio ) and Argentina are good places to monger. I'm not sure about Venezula, languages: Portuguese and Spanish. Too bad I forgot most of my high school Spanish.

P.S. Let's stop talking about other areas and go back talking about chinese food

I Monger
08-04-06, 08:21
Hi all,

I'll be in the area August 19-22 and travelling solo. Anyone want to meet up in Chang Ping and hit up a KTV or two? Hui Hua, Versailles, Lion, Century, etc.? All sounds SO appealing. Anyway, shoot me a PM if interested. Those KTV rooms sure add up!

IM

Phantomtiger2
08-04-06, 17:46
I know AG to be a lot of things, but a spy for the gov'mnt? No way. He's far to crazy to qualify... :-) I can personally vouch for his non-spyness.

David

Yeah, AG is a good guy and a premiere monger, I'm just having a little fun with him and JohnnyK. But you must admit that he does know too much for just one man!--ha ha

Cheers.

PT

Ace Gallant
08-04-06, 20:07
Yeah, AG is a good guy and a premiere monger, I'm just having a little fun with him and JohnnyK. But you must admit that he does know too much for just one man!--ha ha

Cheers.

PT

Yah Yah Yah... go ahead...frame me abused me... I don't care...! Hic...Hic..Hic

Oh dam... a drop to much tonight.... had a great time with ; Blacklisted, Player88 and G Jetson and a couple more.....Oh yes Dragon D too! Of course he left with his 2 "friends".. likely to be ripping them off by bringing them to some BBS and made them pay 500 each.... Hic Hic!

Spy? Hehehehe... agent 700 here! ...oops... was that supposed to be 007?

By the way: I have nothing better to do than to sit in front of the computer waiting for your posts so that I can attack them! Hahahaha

AG

Phantomtiger2
08-04-06, 21:43
By the way: I have nothing better to do than to sit in front of the computer waiting for your posts so that I can attack them! Hahahaha

AG

Ah, this now explains everything. With so many attacks to respond to, thats why it took you long time=(several minutes) to answer JohnnyK 's request.-ha ha

Cheers bro AG

PT

Big Time Hunter
08-05-06, 20:41
I appreciate the loads of useful information on here look forward to providing my own first hand reports once I've experienced the beautiful things that China has to offer.

My first trip is scheduled shortly! I'll be flying into Beijing on August 25 or 26, spending time there, and traveling overland the next two weeks for a September 8 or 9 departure from Hong Kong. No exact itinerary to follow, although would like to stop in Shanghai, and Shenzen along the way.

I've been doing some pen palling over the last month or so to find local lady friends to show me the sights, and have some good leads, but am looking to find some supplemental mongering action to round out the trip. Although I'm confident that I can find some action on my own (thanks to the information on this forum), it'd be much more fun to meet up with fellow hunters and scout out the talent together.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a night on the town in Beijing, Shangai, or Shenzen in late August or early September? If so, PM me.

Happy Hunting,

Brian

Dragon D
08-06-06, 03:30
500 rip off? Nahh.. they went home and my freebie showed up at 2 AM and drained me multiple times before my train ride to Hang zhou ;)

Ace Gallant
08-06-06, 04:34
500 rip off? Nahh.. they went home and my freebie showed up at 2 AM and drained me multiple times before my train ride to Hang zhou ;)

You must had had been wheelchaired to the the train platform by the time they are done with you!

Come on... we pay 300, max for a LT when you pickup a girl from the BBS at 1am in the morning! So 500 is a ripped off already!

AG

Dragon D
08-06-06, 05:48
I need to make a living and pay for transportation don't I? :) You spend that difference in drinks for the girls at the bar anyways, saving some one a bar tab. Worth it for people who don't know the ropes.

Ace Gallant
08-06-06, 06:07
I need to make a living and pay for transportation don't I? :) You spend that difference in drinks for the girls at the bar anyways, saving some one a bar tab. Worth it for people who don't know the ropes.

Don't worry... I am not stopping you from making money. But certainly hope that you negotiated a better price for the fellow members. In any case, price is not flexiable, quality must be good to justify.

AG

Dragon D
08-06-06, 06:12
I argree 100% but my buffet clients seem to be going for quantity. Something about a girl every hour for three to five hours makes them lose their senses. This option is for those that can't decide which one to take, so I make sure they get every girl they like haha... makes you feel like a little boy in a candy shop. I always hated choosing so I get them all, I like my variety so thats what I give my clients.

Ace Gallant
08-06-06, 08:14
I argree 100% but my buffet clients seem to be going for quantity. Something about a girl every hour for three to five hours makes them lose their senses. This option is for those that can't decide which one to take, so I make sure they get every girl they like haha... makes you feel like a little boy in a candy shop. I always hated choosing so I get them all, I like my variety so thats what I give my clients.

Hey, what happened to the Orgy party you were organizing?

PM us!

AG

OldAsiaHand
08-06-06, 08:58
I prefer to use your 500 RMB "transportation" money to have three girls and multiple pops from the same BBS.

Just my POV.

OAH

Cebu Local
08-06-06, 14:32
I have met some of these type of"clients" of Dragon D,Many are genuinely too lazy to RTFF and dont mind paying for the convinience,I just had a drink with a guy in Manila who doesnt mind paying 10,000 pesos a day or roughly 200$for his girls.That is about 4 times the normal rate.He has the money to burn.So I no longer advice RTFF in Shanghai,Just send them to the Dragon.See you soon in GZ

Dragon D
08-07-06, 03:28
OAH, when you are an old hand at this game in this country then it is no problem getting yourself laid. When people want safe and discreet services without leaving the comfort of their hotel room or they want to try somethings but don't want to waste time with language and hunting because they are here on short trips then they call me.

AG, I was going to, but had no response from members. I can still do it if enough people are interested. Waiting for those PM's.

CL, thanks for the confidence and hope to see you in Shanghai soon.

Ace Gallant
08-07-06, 04:01
There is something I must say for Dragon D:

Before I met him:

I am fully against the ideal of him taking information from the board and making money out of it. The worst part is that he ripped fellow members off.

After I met him a couple of times:

I found him overall a nice guy. He is knowledgable enough and may not neccessary need the information from the board to bring people around. Although sometimes he does still use ISG as a source of information; he can effectively get what people wants him to get for them. He been in the tour Agency service industry, I think it is justifiable that he does use some of the ISG information to his advantage and no doubt uses ISG to solicitate customers.

The only part left that I am still not totally agreeable on is that the prices he charges is Premium prices. In other words; Ripped off! But this is only in the eyes of experience mongers because we basically know where, what and how to get pussies in Asia. For those who are not familiar with China, or first timer, I must agree that it will be very difficult for them to get what they want in a very short time while they are here. And therefore they should pay a premium price for such door to door service. Moreover; some of these newbie simply got no time to RTFF (or some may call them Lazy bums) and do not want to take the risk of ending up in his hotel room watch blue movies and jacking off; they should get the service of Dragon, pay a premium and get laid for a price. Dragon D is also taking the risk off our shoulders as he has to put himself into the risk of been arrested as a pimp when going to meet these "Strangers" at the hotel not knowing he might be meeting the Chief of Police!

By saying so; that are the reasons why I would refer newbies to him as he is basically running this sort of business in which is why I declared him as the official Pimp of ISG for China.

AG

Tiger 888
08-07-06, 05:21
AG, I see that still from another eye.

If he tells people that pussy in Shanghai costs 500 for ST then he rippes them off. If he (and I think he does) tells them that he charges 500 because of his services, then that's fair enough.

A consultant sometimes charges a company incredibly high prices for some information they could collect together from the net as well.
(Go to a lawyer in Hong Kong and ask him for some advice. You pay several thousand before he is even willing to hear your question)

But as time is money to some people, they prefer to pay and save time. And not take the risk to (due to a lack of experience) get something wrong.
I think that exactly is what Dragon does. Sell his experience to someone who needs it rather than selling the girl.

In Germany we say: You need something fixed, it is 1 Euro for the material, 1 Euro for the Job and 98 Euros for knowing how to do it. If you know it yourself, you get away with 2 instead of 100.

My 2 cents.

OldAsiaHand
08-07-06, 05:41
I have not had the honor of meeting Dragon D personally. I am sure he is a nice guy. I will be in Shanghai next month and hope to hook-up with some members of "The Gang" so I may have the opportunity.

I suppose if some lazy bum newbie with deep pockets wants to get ripped off paying 3-4X the going rate for BBS girls it is really none of my business. I also think that fear has something to do with it. This is why hotel BBS girls can command such high prices for the security and convenience of the hotel. I've had some ask for over 1,000 RMB ST and even paid as much as 600 when I was lazy to go out and had no local BBS contacts.

IMHO, Dragon D is profiteering off that fear and desire for convenience. The only difference is that he keeps 600 for "transportation" and the girl only gets 200 according to my understanding of his program. I stand to be corrected if this is not the case. A papasan or mamasan in a BBS usually only gets 30-50 RMB and provides the premises and accomodation. I consider this a fair deal for the girl and the establishment. I think Dragon's deal is ripping off both sides. The BBS will even deliver to you in the comfort of your hotel room if you are too lazy to go to the shop. You may have to pay the taxi fare or sometimes 50 RMB more. I just paid 200 RMB for take-out delivery last night when in-house service was only 130 RMB.

Having said all that, I guess Dragon's service is what all pimps do. And, if he can manage to squeeze a living out of it, all the power to him. On the other hand, if any mongers want info for free, just let me know. I am happy to help any newbie that appears to RTTF and/or are contributors on other threads.

OAH

Tiger 888
08-07-06, 06:32
...The only difference is that he keeps 600 for "transportation" and the girl only gets 200 according to my understanding of his program. I stand to be corrected if this is not the case. A papasan or mamasan in a BBS usually only gets 30-50 RMB and provides the premises and accomodation. I consider this a fair deal for the girl and the establishment. I think Dragon's deal is ripping off both sides...OAHAgain I don't see it this way. Foreigners have other living standards in China.
Would you work for Chinese wages. Would his customers trust a chinese pimp? Now if he gave the establishent double, where would the gang go and get it at half?

Try to get a Hong Kong guy to go to China paying him less than double the salary he gets in Hong Kong.
Prices are cheap in China, this forum is openly available, even without payment.

So if he gets the customers through the forum, and he told me there are many, I consider they have read the forum or wouldn't have found him. You don't need him, I don't need him, many others don't need him and all of us provide free information at our best posibilities.

If someone is lazy or scared or whatever reason, why not.

And the prices are self regulating. If too many people accept too high prices, I call that inflation.

Santa
08-07-06, 08:08
Of course, some guys don't want to walk around the dirty streets looking for barbershops and ktvs, looking at the girls and negotiating. They want secrecy, privacy and security.
They don't want to be contacting ISG strangers to help them find a lady. They also don't care too much about the price, because they are on a quick business trip or short vacation. So Mr D serves their needs.

They also don't want to spend hundreds of hours reading the forum, taking notes and searching on maps.

For others, the fun is in the hunt and finding the bargain.

Dragon D
08-07-06, 09:50
Wow.. almost half a page dedicated to me. Thanks for those of you with positive comments and thanks to those with not so positive ones. Being in my line of work I am used to taking all sorts of abuse but at the same time receving a lot of praise.

Now first, I am tired and have not slept more than 5 hours in the last four days. Many clients and friends needing to get laid and I end up joining them till late hours of the morning to make sure things go ok. SO, before somone decides to rain on my parade and say that they will do what I do for nothing I am telling you all now that they are full of it. Sorry to be so harsh but not many here willing to take calls at all hours of the night and pick people up, get them private rooms, girls, beers, and make sure they get home without ending up face down in a ditch. One night, maybe. 5 nights in a row, no way. I have a day job too and my night job tends to keep me busy and there are a lot of requests for interesting things or needs and I fullfil them.

Tiger is in a way right saying that I am lao wai and should charge accordingly. I don't charge outragous prices in any respect though. If you calculate what you can spend on a bar tab trying to get laid plus the fee for the lady plus the time you spend on all of this with no promise of getting laid then I am a damn cheap alternative. People pay ST for what I charge for LT in most cases when they don't know better. I make sure you get a girl and you get laid. No funny business.

Costly in the eyes of local seasoned experts yes but these people that look me up consider it a worthy investment. Why? I offer a lot more than get laid. I can set up almost anything you need for travel or business. Hell I can build you a factory or set up a WOFE if you need. I have a lot of faces and if you take the time to meet me and have a drink you will find I am just an average joe. The extra I make is just taxi and play money. When you take two girls out for someone to choose, instead of sending one back empty handed, I normally take her home. In this respect some times it costs me.

Also you are being serviced by a lao wai means that there is nothing lost in translation and you don't have to walk around trying to figure things out. To a lot of people they don't have time because they are in meetings all day and just want to relax at night or they want an adventure. Granted you all will offer to help but can you promise to be where they are when they need. The answer is no. You can try to accomidate meeting them but I am sorry to say you guys won't go out of your ways to meet them at the hotel and bring them around.That is why they hire a guide. It is convienient and I can take care of all problems they have in town besides these needs.

:) So just my 2 cents ...

you don't like me, too bad because there are a lot of people who do.

PS: All I need to keep my business going is one BBS, the information for my personal fun I get from the forum is useful but useless for setting up clients. So don't blast me for making money from the info on the forum.

Cheers all and lets all play nice and get along. Need to catch me some more beavers. Ciao

OldAsiaHand
08-08-06, 14:35
Santa,

As you know, I love walking up and down dirty alleys hunting for BBS. I love looking at all the girls, joking around with them and the shop proprietors, negotiating, etc. I should probably be more vigilant than I am at times.

The question is; would you pay 1,000US$ for a Coke? I realize this is an exageration, but it illustrates my point. If you are paying more than the market price for something (give or take a few percent), you are being ripped off. It is not a matter of whether or not you can afford it. I've paid 300US$ for an escort in New York, but that is the market price for that type of talent. I pay 1,000-2,000 HK$ for the Latin girls in Hong Kong, but that is the market price. I also pay 200 HK$ for the Indian SW on Nathan Road. That is the market price. The market price for BBS girls in Shanghai is between 150-250 RMB

Just my POV.

Anyway, enough of this banter. Dragon D does what he does and some mongers are willing to pay his prices for BBS girls for whatever reason. I move that we let it rest at that.

OAH

Of course, some guys don't want to walk around the dirty streets looking for barbershops and ktvs, looking at the girls and negotiating. They want secrecy, privacy and security.
They don't want to be contacting ISG strangers to help them find a lady. They also don't care too much about the price, because they are on a quick business trip or short vacation. So Mr D serves their needs.

They also don't want to spend hundreds of hours reading the forum, taking notes and searching on maps.

For others, the fun is in the hunt and finding the bargain.

Gualtier Malde
08-08-06, 17:38
OAH, I share your love for the hunt. I wouldn't do it any other way.

On the other hand, I think what Dragon D does is sort of like what a fishing charter captain does. If you like to fish, but don't have a boat and don't know where to fish, you have several options.

Some would buy a boat, research the locale, and eventually go out and fish. They are like you and me. A little up front investment, and a lifetime of results with no dependency on anyone else. (You become the fisherman.)

Some would just wade in and swim, and hope to catch a fish with their bare hands. They probably wouldn't catch much, but would probably enjoy the swim. (They become the fish.)

Some would hire the charter boat. They would pay a lot for some instant gratification. They'd come back to the dock with a lot of fish, but with no real idea of how to do it again if they tried, other than just calling up the charter captain again. They are like Dragon D's customers. (They become the tourist.)

I'm trusting that Dragon D is a smart business man, and is not overpaying the talent for their services. Like the fishing charter captain, he doesn't want to spoil the "environment" by "over-fishing".

In that sense, the customer is paying Dragon D for a value added service, and (hopefully) Dragon D is protecting the market for the rest of us by not overpaying.

I think in the end there is a place for Dragon D, and it really doesn't affect the rest of us negatively. as long as he doesn't overpay the talent.

Just my two fen.

David

Santa,

As you know, I love walking up and down dirty alleys hunting for BBS. I love looking at all the girls, joking around with them and the shop proprietors, negotiating, etc. I should probably be more vigilant than I am at times.

The question is; would you pay 1,000US$ for a Coke? I realize this is an exageration, but it illustrates my point. If you are paying more than the market price for something (give or take a few percent), you are being ripped off. It is not a matter of whether or not you can afford it. I've paid 300US$ for an escort in New York, but that is the market price for that type of talent. I pay 1,000-2,000 HK$ for the Latin girls in Hong Kong, but that is the market price. I also pay 200 HK$ for the Indian SW on Nathan Road. That is the market price. The market price for BBS girls in Shanghai is between 150-250 RMB

Just my POV.

Anyway, enough of this banter. Dragon D does what he does and some mongers are willing to pay his prices for BBS girls for whatever reason. I move that we let it rest at that.

OAH

Cebu Local
08-09-06, 00:08
OAH
I have had a chat with a guy I referred to Dragon D,He is a Vice President for one of the top 500 corporations in the US and earns in the mid six figures.He figures that at his pay scale his time is worth thousands of dollars a day.He could waste several hours in his own words hunting or pay for delivery.He opted to spend the extra hours working and order delivery service.There are really many people who dont want to bother RTFF or go hunting.They pay for room service.My 2 centavos opinion

Fran123
08-09-06, 00:41
OAH
I have had a chat with a guy I referred to Dragon D,He is a Vice President for one of the top 500 corporations in the US and earns in the mid six figures.He figures that at his pay scale his time is worth thousands of dollars a day.He could waste several hours in his own words hunting or pay for delivery.He opted to spend the extra hours working and order delivery service.There are really many people who dont want to bother RTFF or go hunting.They pay for room service.My 2 centavos opinion

If this is the case "D Dragon" has more to lose. If caught for pimping, he can be kicked out of the country, fined, jailed, or lose his nice six figure. Lucky he is only doing it part time, moon lighting.

Lubertdas
08-09-06, 00:42
I'll be in Qingdao for 2 weeks next month (September), and I'd simply love to get together with some of my fellow enthusiasts and visit some of the local highlights of this wonderful city!

I'll be staying at the Shangri La and working nearby during the day. But I should have my nights to myself.

I've been to Qingdao several times and I've been able to find some action, both at the hotel, and near the Wal-Mart with the help of this wonderful guide.

I've never been to a KTV because I've always been alone, so perhaps if I could get together with a new friend or two, it might be a good opportunity to try it out!

As an American with absolutely no Chinese language skills, I've been lucky in Qingdao because I've never been ripped-off. I've had a few less than stellar experiences, but the vast majority of my mongering adventures in Qingdao have been great!

So if you're a Qingdao local, or if you'll be there in September, my guess at this point is probably between the 11th and the 22nd, let me know and lets get together and check the place out!

Lubert Das

Cebu Local
08-09-06, 00:46
If this is the case "D Dragon" has more to lose. If caught for pimping, he can be kicked out of the country, fined, jailed, or lose his nice six figure. Lucky he is only doing it part time, moon lighting.Dragon D was not the guy with the 6 figure salary,the client was the one.This same guy was paying 6,000-8,000 pesos to use an escort service in Manila,about 2 to 3 times the normal rate.I had a drink with him and he explained his philosophy

Tiger 888
08-09-06, 02:47
...In that sense, the customer is paying Dragon D for a value added service, and (hopefully) Dragon D is protecting the market for the rest of us by not overpaying.

I think in the end there is a place for Dragon D, and it really doesn't affect the rest of us negatively. as long as he doesn't overpay the talent.

Just my two fen.

DavidDavid, a very good sum up of what I tried to say, but lacking to language ability was not able to say so nicely. You got exactly the point.Now, let's not geht the guy too popular, I am afraid he might vanish.

Dragon D
08-09-06, 04:16
Don't worry, not planning to pull the invisible man trick. You guys should know that I do take risks and as a lot of you enjoy mongering and hunting in the middle of no where. David summed it up quite well, thanks. Being Canadian though I would say I am the guy who takes people out hunting in the woods for Beavers to make a nice trophy. I offer experiences to people that in many cases they would not have and offer easy access to something they want. Pure supply and demand economics is my line of business. As for the market rate people talk about so much, why should I ruin the market by over paying? That would only hurt me in the long run. I take care of the girls in other ways that doesn't spoil it for anyone else which is the way it should be done. By the way CL thanks again for the referal.

Dragon

OldAsiaHand
08-10-06, 15:38
How many mongers do you reckon would still be happy with the deal if they knew that the girl was only getting 200 and Dragon D is taking 600?

Traveler1234
08-10-06, 16:01
How many mongers do you reckon would still be happy with the deal if they knew that the girl was only getting 200 and Dragon D is taking 600?

I can remember not too long ago when DD first posted and many seniors asked him to move it to the classified section. Many didn't even want to meet him when he asked to visit with the 'shanghai gang'.

I'd say he's done a pretty good 'marketing' job since those earlier posts, staying active on this thread -- all the chatter only brings him more business...

Thumbs up Dragon D - you've snookered them all!

Gman7424
08-10-06, 16:09
How many mongers do you reckon would still be happy with the deal if they knew that the girl was only getting 200 and Dragon D is taking 600?Well let me first say that I have used his services and been quite happy. I can only ad the following:

There are a large group of people who book a trip to Scotland to play at all of the famous courses. St Andrews, Carnoustie, Kings Barn and Troon.

You do your research and choose a tour operator that arranges transportation and hotels along with caddies and tee times. You book this trip and it cost you more than if you were to book it your self.

What do you get is a trip that you do not have to worry about where you will stay and how you will get there.

Many people travel to Africa to hunt the BIG 5, yes you can work to do this on your own and will encounter many traps along the way.

Others use a tour operator ( such as DD) and are very happy with the results.

I for one have been very happy with DD and the services that he provides, can you save $ of course you can.

There are many executives that travel the world and wish they had someone like DD in other areas.

Superforce99
08-10-06, 16:21

Hey Emperor,

I think if you put it this way, most mongers (with a heart) wouldn't feel too
good about the setup. But then again, I think Dragon D has his market, and
it's not you, not me, nor many of the ISG members who use the board and
RTFF, and most importantly, are willing to venture out and take risks (even
small ones) for the sake of pussy.

If I had a good friend that came to China (Shanghai in particular) for a few
days and I didn't have time to show him around, I would refer him to Dragon
D. I mean, if I really wanted someone to have a pussy-poundingly good time
in SH, basically guaranteed from a seemingly-nice western guy, I couldn't
conjure something out of thin air so I would expect to pay for that kind of
safe, satisfying service and I'm glad Dragon D's service (and I suppose him
as an individual, ha...) exists as an option whether I decide to use it or not.

So, that GAP t-shirt costs you $19.99, and GAP Inc. gets $15 of that but the
adolescent kid who toiled in the sweatshop got $0.25. I'd feel bad for about
5 minutes then continue sweating in my GAP t-shirt as I watched NFL preseason.
Ha ha...

J

PS. Do I have to buy you a camera or what?? Where are those promised pics?
;)

Ace Gallant
08-10-06, 21:47
I can remember not too long ago when DD first posted and many seniors asked him to move it to the classified section. Many didn't even want to meet him when he asked to visit with the 'shanghai gang'.

I'd say he's done a pretty good 'marketing' job since those earlier posts, staying active on this thread -- all the chatter only brings him more business...

Thumbs up Dragon D - you've snookered them all!

As a retired Shanghai thread member, I just want to put in my POV:

Dragon D is a OK guy. But We; "The Shanghai Gang" do not support his activities as we still believe that information is free. He should not even be charging that much that it make him looks like it a ripped off. However since he is doing a door to door service and taking high risk, he does has his value. He should however adjust his charges down to a more reasonable rate.

I do not emdorse him or his services, but only refers Lazy members (who does not like to RTFF) or Member who have no time but with too much money to him.

AG

Santa
08-10-06, 22:05

Not many!!!

No offense to Dragon D, but I would prefer that this site is only for the FREE EXCHANGE of information.

OAH, Cronin, AG and Blacklisted and others have generously shown me around and helped me find girls, they did so strictly as being friends to another member. They did not want money in exchange for their help.

Phantomtiger2
08-10-06, 22:42
No offense to Dragon D, but I would prefer that this site is only for the FREE EXCHANGE of information.

I fully agree with above statement.

Many are paying members on this forum to obtain free information--Hmm, that didnt sound right but you know what I mean.

Dragon seems to be batting 50/50 as some are for and others against. I dont doubt he provides a service for others but since its a "paid" service, I also agree this discussion should end here and move to the "Classified Ads Section" for anyone interested in further discussion or to hire his services. Lets keep this thread "free" for the rest of us.--IMO

PT

Weelock
08-11-06, 00:55
Topic about "Dragon D" moved TO "Classified Ads Section" as suggested

Click on the link below to go to the Classified thread

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2318

Big Time Hunter
08-15-06, 07:33
Posted this last week, but am reposting again in case anyone else wants to get together. GETTING REALLY EXCITED NOW - China here I come baby!

I appreciate the loads of useful information on here look forward to providing my own first hand reports once I've experienced the beautiful things that China has to offer.

My first trip is scheduled shortly! I'll be flying into Beijing on August 25 or 26, spending time there, and traveling overland the next two weeks for a September 8 or 9 departure from Hong Kong. No exact itinerary to follow, although would like to stop in Shanghai, and Shenzen along the way.

I've been doing some pen palling over the last month or so to find local lady friends to show me the sights, and have some good leads, but am looking to find some supplemental mongering action to round out the trip. Although I'm confident that I can find some action on my own (thanks to the information on this forum), it'd be much more fun to meet up with fellow hunters and scout out the talent together.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a night on the town in Beijing, Shangai, or Shenzen in late August or early September? If so, PM me.

Unknown One
08-20-06, 09:45
Well, I guess it is time to rescind my sabbatical and head back to work. I am leaving for Shanghai next week and will be back before the weekend. Well Blacklisted, if the offer is still up to get together, Im ready. I havent actually gone hunting with guys on here yet, so this should be fun!

Lancelot
08-24-06, 05:29
Does anybody know anything about Mudanjiang? I wasn't even sure what section to post this in. I'll be spending a night there in a few weeks and was hoping to find some entertainment. Thanks in advance.

Lubertdas
09-07-06, 01:03
Gentlemen,

I'm headed back to Qingdao and I'll be there for two weeks this time. The weather should be beautiful, and I'm looking forward to meeting some beautiful ladies as well.

Does anyone in the Qingdao area, or perhaps traveling to Qingdao want to get together one of those nights?

I've never been to a KTV, being a non-Chinese speaking American who usually travels alone. I'd be interested in visiting almost any of the mongering sights in Qingdao.

Please let me know if you want to get together.

Fenix1006
10-01-06, 02:07
Beginning around Oct. 12 06.

My question is where to stay and whats there to do and who to do? :P

Ashuram Marmo
10-07-06, 08:55
Dear fellow travellers,

As unbelievable as it is, I have been to China (Mostly Shanghai, Ningbo, Huangzhou and Yiwu) for several years on a regular base. Although staying in the places mentioned (like Nanyuan Hotel in Ningbo), never ever seen anything mentioned in all the glorious reports.

This time, I'm travelling through Kuala lumpur, Hongkong, Donquan (for the gangzhou fair 17-20 octobre) and on a quest to actually sample the local flavours maybe even come back with pictures and a job well done (possible multiple times)

So wish me luck and hope to add my reports to the hall of fame.

Ashuram Marmo
10-07-06, 10:12
Dear Fellow Travellers,

As unbelievable as it sounds, I have been to China (Shanghai, Ningbo, Huangzhou and Yiwu) on a regular base for several years and haven't seen anything remotely resembling the things described on this forum (and yes I stay in the same places like Nanyuan in Ningbo).

This time I'm going through Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong and Donquan to the Guangzhou fair and this time I will partake in the pleasures offered and sample much of the local flavours (and multiple times of each)!

So wish this newbie good luck so I can come back with detailed reports (maybe even nice pictures) of my personal adventures. To be continued soon.

Ashuram of Marmo, Explorer of faraway places and hidden nookies.

Albert Punter
10-08-06, 16:53
Ashuram,

I am sorry you had no chance to experience what we post here.
Don't be discouraged, it happened to me too many years ago first times I came here.
I always left with deep frustration as I couldn't satisfy my hunger.
Then, after reading a lot and carefully this forum, I was able to manage some fun and today I am fully satisfied with what I get.

In case you still find some trouble in getting what you want, remember that many members are available to help, by mongering together.
I have been helped too in other countries.
It may cost you a few beers only but it will likely add fun.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to read successful reports from you.

Dear Fellow Travellers,

As unbelievable as it sounds, I have been to China (Shanghai, Ningbo, Huangzhou and Yiwu) on a regular base for several years and haven't seen anything remotely resembling the things described on this forum (and yes I stay in the same places like Nanyuan in Ningbo).

This time I'm going through Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong and Donquan to the Guangzhou fair and this time I will partake in the pleasures offered and sample much of the local flavours (and multiple times of each)!

So wish this newbie good luck so I can come back with detailed reports (maybe even nice pictures) of my personal adventures. To be continued soon.

Ashuram of Marmo, Explorer of faraway places and hidden nookies.

Presidant Logan
10-18-06, 00:17
Hey guys,

I've been lurking around this site for the last couple months and I can tell you guys are really out to help each other. That's great!

I'll be making a trip to Guangzhou for the first three weeks of November.

Looking for some people to hit the KTVs and hang out with during my stay. I here Dong Guan is the best place to go, so I'm planning on spending a few days (at least) out there during my trip.

I'm a CBC that speaks fluent Cantonese, and broken Mandarin (enough to get what i need at least!) so I'm looking for someone that's familiar with where to go and cool to monger with.

Anyways, if the timing works out for any of you, lemme know.

Be safe,

J

Foreigh
10-19-06, 16:19
I'll be travelling in Dong Guan area in late Oct to early Nov.

If anyone's interested in mongering together or meeting up for ktv, please pm me.

Legal Lad
10-19-06, 17:49
I'll bein Dongguan the first week of Nov. I normally stay and play at the Crown Prince. If anyone wants to join me in the KTV on the 3rd or so, send me a PM

"lad

Bill Lee
10-30-06, 04:33
I am flying into HKA on a Sunday in Dec. at 9:00 p.m.

What are my options to get to Clifford Estate?

My other options could be CP in DG at the Yalan Hotel or ZH.

Or Sha Tsui in SZ at the Sha Tsui hotel?

But my preference is to get into Clifford Estate.

BTW, I found the HK airport CTS 10 p.m. bus going into Garden Hotel with stops at Ji Nan University , Hua Wei Da Hotel(Tian He) , China Hotel , Hotel Landmark Canton, Garden Hotel.

Are any of the aforementioned stops an option to get into Clifford faster than taking the Clifford commuter bus at the last stop at Garden Hotel?

Thanks,
Bill

Boogie Night
11-05-06, 21:27
All,

I will be traveling to Shenzhen on 12/3 to 12/13. If anyone with experience and would like to hit a bar after a hard days' mongering hit me up. =)

I cant wait to try the "soapy wash" that I've been reading!

Boogie Night

BigLauda
11-07-06, 09:20
I will be in Shenzhen on 16th January, 2007 and travelling to Chang Pin on 17th January, 2007. I will be at Chang Pin until 21st January, 2007. There will 2-3 friends with me and will be venturing to saunas and KTVs. PM me if you are interested to join us.

HoseGuy
11-08-06, 10:43
Will be hitting CP during this period. Would like to meet up with fellow ISGers to hit the KTVs and other entertainment options of CP. Please PM me.

Thanks

Boxster986
11-09-06, 08:45
Hello all,

I'll be spending a month in Beijing starting next week (11/14)

I am fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese, but I've never done any mongering in Asia before. So if anyone wanna take a rookie out and about, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me.

Also, do anyone here know where I can catch the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Nov. 18th?

Bill Lee
11-10-06, 14:04
You didn't abandon your 986 when you left the U.S.? Did ya?

Come south to GZ in mid-December and I'll take a fellow 986 owner for a hunt.

Bill

Hello all,

I am fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese, but I've never done any mongering in Asia before. So if anyone wanna take a rookie out and about, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me.

Also, do anyone here know where I can catch the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Nov. 18th?

SB Lumens
11-11-06, 07:17
Hello,

Currently in Shanghai for the weekend, staying at The Bund Hotel.

Any locals out there willing to meet up, first couple beers on me.

I'm currently living in Bangkok, so would be happy to return the favor.

Thanks,
SB

Boxster986
11-12-06, 04:27
Actually, the 986 is up for sale. Very sad to see it go. But I'll probably get another one in the future when the time is right.

I actually do have plans to visit GZ sometime in Nov/Dec. Let's see if we can hook up.

Cheers

You didn't abandon your 986 when you left the U.S.? Did ya?

Come south to GZ in mid-December and I'll take a fellow 986 owner for a hunt.

Bill

Wamlies
11-12-06, 13:53
I will be in CP for 1 week Jan 16th, business and hopefully some pleasure. Bit of a newbie, and will be alone so would be happy to hook up with anyone else who happens to be in town for a bit of fun. No plans yet for accomadation yet. PM me if interested.

Bill Lee
11-13-06, 03:43
Refresh your browser before you log off or refresh now to see your newest PM?

Bill

Superforce99
11-13-06, 04:52
Hello all,

Oh shit! Ha ha...I wish there was some place to catch that game...most 5-star hotels have
ESPN, but I'm assuming that game won't be on ESPN, but on local ABC channels.

In terms of college and NFL football games, I usually have to download them the day after via
a P-to-P network program like Bitlord.

Go Blue!

J

Boxster986
11-13-06, 08:29
I'll be wearing my Tedd Ginn Jr. jersey in Beijing, at 3:30am. Hopefully I won't have to borrow my friend's Slingbox account to watch it.

GO BUCKEYES! Haha.

Oh shit! Ha ha. I wish there was some place to catch that game. Most 5-star hotels have ESPN, but I'm assuming that game won't be on ESPN, but on local ABC channels.

In terms of college and NFL football games, I usually have to download them the day after via a P-to-P network program like Bitlord.

Go Blue!

J

Manfest
11-13-06, 18:53
I wish there was some place to catch that game...most 5-star hotels have ESPN, but I'm assuming that game won't be on ESPN, but on local ABC channels.

In terms of college and NFL football games, I usually have to download them the day after via a P-to-P network program like Bitlord.For various US and other country programming, you can get it live using TVU network. I've included the download link. Kind of slow starting, but once up, usually streams without any problems. For full disclosure, I have no affiliation with them, but think it is a great site in it's beta version (free). Hope that helps, enjoy.

http://www.viidoo.com/en/download.php

Sz Hunter
11-14-06, 06:36
It's been a year since I was in Shenzhen, China. I hope the hunting ground haven't change much cuz the only place I know in Shenzhen is Sha Zui (Sandy Lip).

My mongering buddy couldn't join me on my explore and I am hoping to find someone with similar interest, age, and budget level to hangout. If we get a group big enough, we can book a KTV room and pick the girls for LT. I'll be in Shenzhen on Nov 24 and 25. If you are interest, please IM me.

Age range: 20 - 35
Budget: ~800 RMB
Background: I speak flush Chinese and English.

I am hoping someone who will know Shenzhen's fun places are. We can do dinner and do some exploring, sharing stories and get drunk. I can't wait to be to in Asia.

Jaycynic
11-14-06, 09:43
Hi all,

I'm in Beijing, jetlagged but willing to monger. Anyone who wants to share some escort experiences or maybe higher class bars, please drop me a message!

MassPilot27
11-16-06, 04:47
Hey all,

I will be in the area the week of 11/27 and I'd love to meet up with one/some of you for some fun time. I've been to the area a number of times, but I have only partaken in Macau and HK. I'd love to have a knowledgeable wingman.

Here's the schedule as of now:

11/27 - HK
11/28-30 Dongguan
11/30-12/1 - HK/Macau
12/1-3 - Cebu, PH
12/3-4 - HK/Macau

I hope to hear from some of you.

Ace Gallant
11-16-06, 06:34
Hey all,

I will be in the area the week of 11/27 and I'd love to meet up with one/some of you for some fun time. I've been to the area a number of times, but I have only partaken in Macau and HK. I'd love to have a knowledgeable wingman.

Here's the schedule as of now:

11/27 - HK
11/28-30 Dongguan
11/30-12/1 - HK/Macau
12/1-3 - Cebu, PH
12/3-4 - HK/Macau

I hope to hear from some of you.

Isn't a wingman like a sidekick?

So are you saying that a more experience member of the board should be your sidekick? So what do you need a sidekick than?

AG

Yankee 617
11-20-06, 11:30
Had fun in CP from 11/12 to 11/15 and enjoyed meeting Santa, Reader, OAH, Traveler3838, and Transporter while I was there. Just now arrived in SH and am getting caught up on my ISG posts.

Here are my travel plans:

Shanghai: now to 11/24
Xiamen: 11/24 to 11/26
Shenzhen: 11/26 to 11/29
Hong Kong: 11/29 to 11/30
Manila: 11/30 to 12/03
Cebu: 12/03 to 12/07
CP again: 12/07 to 12/10

Send me a PM if anyone would like to meet up.

Travel J
11-22-06, 02:47
I am getting an early start on planning. I will be in Shanghai for 10 days starting on January 27. I have read the forum and it appears the best budget lodging is either Motel168 or Gree Tree Inn. Can anyone tell me which Motel168 is centrally located and if they have a safe in the room.

Thank you

JustDoIt
11-22-06, 07:26
I've stayed at Motel168 on Yanan Lu. It is about a 10 mins walk to the Jiangsu Lu Subway station (Metro Line 2). It's centrally located that if you take a taxi it's about 15mins to any place. The only problem was that the room didn't have a safe. I'm not sure if they provide one. Also, you have to pay for the internet service. You might want to think about Green Tree Inn. I read that they have free internet service in all rooms.

I am getting an early start on planning. I will be in Shanghai for 10 days starting on January 27. I have read the forum and it appears the best budget lodging is either Motel168 or Gree Tree Inn. Can anyone tell me which Motel168 is centrally located and if they have a safe in the room.

Thank you

Yankee 617
11-23-06, 14:22
You might want to think about Green Tree Inn. I read that they have free internet service in all rooms.

I can confirm that Green Tree has free internet access in the room (I am here now). But it has no safe in the room. More info in my posts on the Shanghai thread.

Yankee

Eric Emp
11-23-06, 17:27
I will be in Shenzhen from Dec 3rd till Dec10th, I am new bee to Shenzhen.

Let me know if any expert is planning to be there during that.

//Eric

Cappy
11-24-06, 01:41
Could someone suggest what are the best and lowest cost ways to travel to Mumbai from S. China? I could leave from any of the airports in S. China eg. Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Hong Kong, etc.
Approximate dates of travel would be around Dec. 12-14 for 5 days or so. I'll also post this in the Mumbai threads. Thanks

Cappy

Kunshan
11-24-06, 01:56
maybe try getting to BKK first and transiting from there?

Cappy
11-24-06, 03:05
Thank you for the information. Many of the flights and routing I've checked transit through BKK. It's just that I'll be initiating and connecting through China.
I don't mind transiting through BKK I'm just looking for a good airfare and best routing. Do you know where I can look for them online?
Thank you
Cappy

maybe try getting to BKK first and transiting from there?

Kunshan
11-24-06, 03:41
sorry, i just use a local travel agent, internet for the BKK to India flight might be OK though.

Manfest
11-24-06, 19:51
I'll be in SZN November 30 for one evening. I'm going to attempt the FS massage joints, possibly the ones in JUSCO that SZE mentioned previously. If interested in joining, please PM. (I don't speak Mandarin, and have never tried these places). Cheers
M

Travel J
11-26-06, 14:07
I can confirm that Green Tree has free internet access in the room (I am here now). But it has no safe in the room. More info in my posts on the Shanghai thread.

YankeeThank you JustDoIt and Yankee 617. Have been away and just saw your responses. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. If either of you will be in Shanghai at the time will buy dinner and drinks.

Travel J

Boogie Night
12-07-06, 02:14
If anyone would like to hookup tonight for a "FUJIAN" massage, I am available. Hit me up by replying to the post. I am constantly checking the forum since my hotel has internet access. =)

Boogie Night

Raverboy
12-14-06, 09:53
Anyone in Zhuhai during that time?

Cebu Local
12-15-06, 00:58
Could someone suggest what are the best and lowest cost ways to travel to Mumbai from S. China? I could leave from any of the airports in S. China eg. Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Hong Kong, etc.
Approximate dates of travel would be around Dec. 12-14 for 5 days or so. I'll also post this in the Mumbai threads. Thanks

CappyTry Cathay Pacific or MAS from Hong Kong

Yankee 617
12-18-06, 16:16
BEIJING, China (AP) -- A Chinese budget airline that sold tickets for as little as 13 U.S. cents has been fined for violating government price controls, a news report said Monday.

A Spring Airlines subsidiary was fined 150,000 yuan ($20,000; €15,000) for violating rules that limit discounts on government-set ticket prices, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

Spring's Jinan Spring Holiday Travel Agency sold 400 tickets on flights between Shanghai and the eastern city of Jinan for 1 yuan (13 cents; 10 euro cents), the report said. They accounted for 10 percent of seats on Spring's flights from November 30 to December 10.

A regular one-way ticket on that route costs 910 yuan ($116; €88), including taxes.

Chinese airlines are barred from offering discounts of more than 45 percent on the government-set price, said an official of the Jinan Price Bureau, who would give only his surname, Tang.

Shanghai-based Spring is among smaller Chinese carriers fighting for market share in an industry dominated by three government-run airline groups.

Masum Timsah
12-21-06, 19:18
Hi,

How can I find a car and a driver for a week at a reasonable expense in guangzhou?
I have a relationship with vendor's secretary but the factory driver will understand what we monger.

The last time I was in G.zhou, vendor driver took me around. Is there any way to monger with my GF without allowing them know where we are?

Prince Leo
12-22-06, 21:41
I will be in the GZ area from 12-26 to 1-3. Anyone wants to hook up, plz PM me. Hope to see some of you fellow during the time.

Ontario Boy
12-23-06, 01:19
Hi,

How can I find a car and a driver for a week at a reasonable expense in guangzhou?
I have a relationship with vendor's secretary but the factory driver will understand what we monger.

The last time I was in G.zhou, vendor driver took me around. Is there any way to monger with my GF without allowing them know where we are?

Maybe you could use a new invention called a TAXI , cheap readily available and annonymous

Spelunker
01-15-07, 02:52
Unplanned trip will bring me to Shanghai on Wednesday for two to three days. Days will be busy but evenings are open. Anyone up for a drink PM me. This will be only my second visit so I am hardly an expert on the city, but willing to learn!

Calguy06
01-15-07, 13:20
Just moved to Shanghai and would love to check out the action here but I do not speak Chinese nor do I know the city. Anyone interested in a new drinking/monger buddy to check out the scene here?

Travel J
01-16-07, 01:48
Hey Calguy06,

I don't know anything about Shanghai but will be visiting next week. Us two newbies could hang together. Will be in town for ten days. You PM if you like.

Travel J

Just moved to Shanghai and would love to check out the action here but I do not speak Chinese nor do I know the city. Anyone interested in a new drinking/monger buddy to check out the scene here?

Guyveriv
02-06-07, 16:48
Bugger, I posted this in the wrong forum.

I've been on this site lurking for what seems like FOREVER and I'm FINALLY coming to China. I'm due to arrive in Shanghai on March 11th and I'm staying through March 24th. Any help anyone is willing to give me would be much appreciated. I'm interested in mongering and general tourist stuff. Money isn't a huge deal and I'd like to travel around a bit.

Nickster53
03-15-07, 06:44
I am going to be in Shanghai for a couple of nights in April (night of 12th and 13th) if anyone wnats to catch up reply or PM. I will be staying at the Salvo Hotel.

N

Cuteguyinsfo
03-15-07, 18:58
I'll be in Beijing for 2 weeks from the 20th of March. Since this is my first time, it would be great to have company for bar hopping and pick-up expos.

IM me if you'd be interested in joining in.

KC

One Wing Low
03-18-07, 17:29
ShenZhen, Chang Ping, Dongguan, Houjie, Zhuhai. Macau. Will hit the KTV, BBS, clubs etc...

Would like to hang out with any bro in the area. PM me. We will have a great time.

Regnom
03-29-07, 12:22
Hi Guys,

First time I came to Dongguan must have been 5 years back for a short 2 days business. I will be in the Shenzhen and Dongguan area from 4/4 to 4/9. Would love to meet up with fellow players and have a good time together.

Will be staying at the Luohu are in Shenzhen but have not decided on where to stay in Dongguan. It will definitely be in the CP area though.

Hope to meet some of you guys.

Swing007
04-01-07, 17:16
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. Please post reports consisting primarily of a commercial nature and/or reports with a link or links to commercial websites in the Classified Advertisement section of the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

Daggy1
04-07-07, 13:48
Will be in Guangzhou from 18/4 for 3 days at the Canton Fair staying at the Mandarin Hotel. My first time with no mandarin or cantonese and interested if anyone with a little experience would like to join a KTV experience with lots of fun and playing. PM me if you are interested in joining this Aussie newbie in China.

Mr Speed
04-12-07, 08:05
I'll be there from the 25 to the 29th GUANGZHOU CANTON

and be is sanghai in the 23rd or 24th

Anybody that is there and want to hang out pm me or email me

Weelock
04-14-07, 08:27
Looking for someone else to join me to explore strange new worlds.

Travel time sometime around May 10 to May 20. It's for only 2-3 days. I would look up "Jamoe" but since he never posted, he is only a regular member. He can't send or receive PMs now because ISG changed the rules on sending and receiving PMs by regular members. It's sad because he has been a member for several years and sent me some information on the islands last year.

Some links about these places.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=402204&highlight=shangchuan#post402204

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=402624&highlight=shangchuan#post402624

PM if you are interested.

Weelock

OldAsiaHand
04-14-07, 10:19
Weelock:

I wanted to go there myself, but heard from reliable sources that have been there that these islands are overpriced for poor quality and not worth a trip.

Just a fellow monger's POV.

OAH

Looking for someone else to join me to explore strange new worlds.

Travel time sometime somewhere around May 10 to May 20. It's for only 2-3 days. I would look up "Jamoe" but since he never posted, he is only a regular member. He can't send or receive PMs now because ISG changed the rules on sending and receiving PMs by regular members. It's sad because he has been a member for several years and sent me some information on the islands last year.

Some links about these places.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=402204&highlight=shangchuan#post402204

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=402624&highlight=shangchuan#post402624

PM if you are interested.

Weelock

Ace Gallant
04-14-07, 12:27
Weelock:

I wanted to go there myself, but heard from reliable sources that have been there that these islands are overpriced for poor quality and not worth a trip.

Just a fellow monger's POV.

OAH

Aren't these two islands mentioned by Weelock same as those two islands we passed by (seen from far) when we are on our last road trip? I remembered you saying sometime like,we'll have to leave our car on the mainland and take a ferry over.

Or is it another one of the Pirate's islands?

AG

OldAsiaHand
04-15-07, 04:07
AG,

Those islands I pointed out are just holiday resort islands out past the Zhuhai airport that I've been to before. There is no pussy available on them that I know of.

There is also a mongering island off the coast of Taisan, but I cannot remember the name of it.

OAH

Aren't these two islands mentioned by Weelock same as those two islands we passed by (seen from far) when we are on our last road trip? I remembered you saying sometime like,we'll have to leave our car on the mainland and take a ferry over.

Or is it another one of the Pirate's islands?

AG

Ace Gallant
04-15-07, 06:22
AG,

Those islands I pointed out are just holiday resort islands out past the Zhuhai airport that I've been to before. There is no pussy available on them that I know of.

There is also a mongering island off the coast of Taisan, but I cannot remember the name of it.

OAH

OAH

I took out the my map and found these two island. This are the island we saw off the coast when we stop over for lunch at that fishing village on the way back from Yang Jiang to toward Jiang Men.

Shanghchuan seems to have an Airport? Shangchuan and Xia Chuang islands not small, they are as big as Macau Islands. May be it is another Macau island alike?

Shall we include these islands in one of our next road trips?

AG

Weelock
04-15-07, 06:37
AG,

Look at the links below. There are maps for the islands. You might also read the older post.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30567

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=405446&postcount=241

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=402624&postcount=231

Ace Gallant
04-15-07, 06:55
AG,

Look at the links below. There are maps for the islands. You might also read the older post.

Yap, I read them, but unfortunately the map links does not works. That's why I pulled out mine hard copy.

AG

Fast Eddie 48
04-15-07, 07:02
AG,

///

to WEELOCK

You been talking about going to check out this island for 3 yr just go and do a current report , I will be in china for the canton fair next week but I need to fly back to the US by april 25 so good luck mongering .

fast eddie 48

Raaschou
04-23-07, 12:10
Please excuse me if this is not the place to post this item, but I am a newbie here. I am an Aussie travelling to Mission Hills with some friends to play some golf between Apr 29 and May 6. We are looking to catch up with someone who is experienced in acting as a guide so we can enjoy what the area is famous for and not be taken for a ride. Quite happy to assist financially for dinner, drinks etc.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Richrad
04-25-07, 06:21
How do you go about renting an apartment in China? I am coming to China again, except this time for a longer period of time. Instead of spending pointless cash at hotels, I am hoping to rent an apartment for a month. Do you guys know how it can be done online? Thanks in advance!

Albert Punter
04-26-07, 17:05
Just simply google for SERVICE & APARTMENT & NAME OF CITY YOU INTEND TO STAY.

Good search

How do you go about renting an apartment in China? I am coming to China again, except this time for a longer period of time. Instead of spending pointless cash at hotels, I am hoping to rent an apartment for a month. Do you guys know how it can be done online? Thanks in advance!

Livecattle1
06-14-07, 18:01
Don't know my arse from my elbow - got some money; willing to pay our expenses - any thoughts?

Dragon D
06-15-07, 10:35
Heya,

Want to help you but with no PM ability pretty hard.

you can msg me at dragond**@hotmail.com

for the ** it is a number named position that we all love.

Dr Kona
06-17-07, 08:36
Looking for some company and assistance in Wuhan. Too many notations lately in regards to Black Stores! I just don't think it's all that bad there! Been here last year, and had 2 great experiences. Hope someone can join me for some entertainment. How about the KTV action there too?

Thanks in advance!

Bill Lee
06-17-07, 11:18
What are the options for getting from CP to GZ's Baiyan airport to arrive there at 12:00 p.m. on a Friday?

Please include price and those that know a specific driver, could you PM me the name and telephone?

Thanks all,
Bill

Ace Gallant
06-18-07, 04:39
What are the options for getting from CP to GZ's Baiyan airport to arrive there at 12:00 p.m. on a Friday?

Please include price and those that know a specific driver, could PM me the name and telephone?

Thanks all,
Bill

Hey!!

You should be ashame of yourself! telling newbies to RTFF and scolding them as lazy bums when you yourself is not doing what you should be doing!!!

RTFF or do a search man!

In case you still feel lazy... here's a link to start with.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=456275&postcount=774

Thank you for using AG's helpdesk!
AG

Bill Lee
06-18-07, 05:45
There's always new ways to get from one place to another. New routes, new services are always popping up. So I thought that some new input would be worth asking.

Also, I read that link already and it's a reverse trip and it was for a taxi ride and the train ride information. Sure it gives me an idea but I was looking for other monger's info on their past recent trip to the Baiyun airport and not from. Beside that post is almost two months old. Looking for new input. Here, things changes from day to day.

The keyword search would have been Baiyun and it yielded 58 hits, which only one had the URL you mentioned. Every other ones were unrelated to my questions. Any other keyword search would have yielded too many hits.

Also, I asked others to PM me with their contacts of private car services. That, I have not seen on the board and generally is not posted, since telephone numbers are banned on postings.

Finally, my question was specific to the time and day of the trip. That's not going to be easy to find an answer from a past post.

Were you able to find any other links that gave more info on my CP to Baiyun airport question? Call me lazy but I couldn't find them. Could you post them for me and others to find? I'm sure I'm not the only one requiring this info again.

So anybody out there with recent info from CP to the GZ (Baiyun airport)? PM any telephone numbers for a private car service?

Bill

Hey!!

You should be ashame of yourself! telling newbies to RTFF and scolding them as lazy bums when you yourself is not doing what you should be doing!!!

RTFF or do a search man!

In case you still feel lazy... here's a link to start with.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=456275&postcount=774

Thank you for using AG's helpdesk!
AG

Ace Gallant
06-18-07, 06:49
There's always new ways to get from one place to another. New routes, new services are always popping up. So I thought that some new input would be worth asking.

Also, I read that link already and it's a reverse trip and it was for a taxi ride and the train ride information. Sure it gives me an idea but I was looking for other monger's info on their past recent trip to the Baiyun airport and not from. Beside that post is almost two months old. Looking for new input. Here, things changes from day to day.

The keyword search would have been Baiyun and it yielded 58 hits, which only one had the URL you mentioned. Every other ones were unrelated to my questions. Any other keyword search would have yielded too many hits.

Also, I asked others to PM me with their contacts of private car services. That, I have not seen on the board and generally is not posted, since telephone numbers are banned on postings.

Finally, my question was specific to the time and day of the trip. That's not going to be easy to find an answer from a past post.

Were you able to find any other links that gave more info on my CP to Baiyun airport question? Call me lazy but I couldn't find them. Could you post them for me and others to find? I'm sure I'm not the only one requiring this info again.

So anybody out there with recent info from CP to the GZ (Baiyun airport)? PM any telephone numbers for a private car service?

Bill

Lazy Bum!!!

Go flirt with my GF in the Miraton Hotel's Business center, I am sure she can tell you another updated way to Baiyun Airport, and she can give you a great BJ too... but promise not to CIM.... I don't want a bit of Bill Lee the next time I kiss her in her mouth!!! :D

Ok Ok jokes aside...

I will SMS you the cell# of the transport company that took me from Miraton to Baiyun (1hr 50 min ride) at 450RMB. Most direct, less hustle! And you can request to stop in GZ to pick up your girl!! :D

Enjoy!
AG

Bill Lee
06-18-07, 07:00
I already asked her already. 500 RMB car ride. Like I said, looking for other options.

Thanks for the car driver info. That's exactly what I was asking for. Anyone else out there with more private car service?

BTW, AG, did you find more ISG links from CP to airport info?

Thanks,
Bill

Lazy Bum!!!

Go flirt with my GF in the Miraton Hotel's Business center, I am sure she can tell you another updated way to Baiyun Airport, and she can give you a great BJ too... but promise not to CIM.... I don't want a bit of Bill Lee the next time I kiss her in her mouth!!! :D

Ok Ok jokes aside...

I will SMS you the cell# of the transport company that took me from Miraton to Baiyun (1hr 50 min ride) at 450RMB. Most direct, less hustle! And you can request to stop in GZ to pick up your girl!! :D

Enjoy!
AG

Superforce99
06-18-07, 07:09
Since I was "nudged" to check out this sections, I'll add my two cents:

During the past Saturday (Sat, June 16), I went from GZ Baiyun Airport to CP. I was faced with several options being: direct taxi to CP, private driver to CP, bus to CP, or taxi to GZ East Train Station then train to CP.

The taxi was out of the question for the cost/value factor 500+ RMB and about 1.45 hours, the private driver was 400 RMB and about 1.45 hours, and bus was 70 RMB and 2.5-3 hours plus 15 RMB taxi to the hotel. I didn't choose any of these because of the cost/time/value factor.

So, after getting it as an untested recommendation from AG who got it as a recommendation from a friend. So, I took a taxi from Baiyun airport to the GZ East train station then to CP. I couldn't negotiate because it was raining and there was a long line for taxis so to GZ East, the meter read 110 RMB and + 15 RMB for the bridge toll for a grand total of 125 RMB and about 40 minutes travel time. I haggled for 10 minutes and got a discount to 120 RMB with the added bonus that I felt retarded and cheapass afterwards. GZ East train station to CP was 35 minutes at 50 RMB plus 15 RMB taxi to hotel. So, total of about 1.5 hours and 185 RMB from airport to CP hotel on a rainy afternoon. Not great, but better than the other options. I'm assuming the reverse from CP to GZ Baiyun airport would take the same time/money. My main reason to have done the above was saving time over money, which I did, slightly.

If you just want to get to/from Baiyun Airport from CP with the least hassle, there are several direct buses every hour from the main CP bus station as well as from some of the hotels. There are semi-private services from some of the 4/5 star hotels, too but I don't have the specific details. Just budget yourself roughly 4 hours before your check-in time from CP to Baiyun Airport (no matter the transport) and you should be OK.

J

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Ace Gallant
06-18-07, 11:38
I already asked her already. 500 RMB car ride. Like I said, looking for other options.

Thanks for the car driver info. That's exactly what I was asking for. Anyone else out there with more private car service?

BTW, AG, did you find more ISG links from CP to airport info?

Thanks,
Bill

400 for the ride and 100 for the BJ?

Hey... what you take me as? Your fucking helpdesk? You RTFF and why must I do it for you? You are the one who needs to get to GZ airport not me!!!

Enjoy!
AG

Bill Lee
06-18-07, 12:01
search through it already but didn't find anymore. So I thought you had more hits than I did, since you mentioned that url you gave me was a starter.

I did read the board before I posted my question but didn't find any more hits than the one you mentioned. So maybe you had additional hits that I couldn't find. Like additional search keywords that could prove useful to all of us.

Thanks anyway,
Bill

400 for the ride and 100 for the BJ?

Hey... what you take me as? Your fucking helpdesk? You RTFF and why must I do it for you? You are the one who needs to get to GZ airport not me!!!

Enjoy!
AG

BossLove72
06-18-07, 16:03
I understand that there is a train website where you can purchase train tickets fifteen days in advance instead of the usual five days. Can anyone give me the website address?

I've tried searching for this and can't find it, plus my Chinese is very poor, so if I try to search for it, I made miss it, since it may not be in English.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Mock A Bee
06-18-07, 19:13
Bill Lee and AG....

Hey! you guys sound like the two of you are married!

MAB :)

Crazier
06-18-07, 22:48
So, after getting it as an untested recommendation from AG who got it as a recommendation from a friend. So, I took a taxi from Baiyun airport to the GZ East train station then to CP. I couldn't negotiate because it was raining and there was a long line for taxis so to GZ East, the meter read 110 RMB and + 15 RMB for the bridge toll for a grand total of 125 RMB and about 40 minutes travel time. I haggled for 10 minutes and got a discount to 120 RMB with the added bonus that I felt retarded and cheapass afterwards. GZ East train station to CP was 35 minutes at 50 RMB plus 15 RMB taxi to hotel. So, total of about 1.5 hours and 185 RMB from airport to CP hotel on a rainy afternoon.

J

J.,

Travel time was 40 mins + 35 mins on the train = 75 mins + 10 mins haggling time (for 5 rmb!!!!!) = 85 mins. You had it down to 90 mins which would indicate a waiting time of 5 mins for the train.

I suppose how much time one spends waiting for the train at Gz East would be a matter of luck and timing of arrival there?
What's the known frequency barring the recent delays etc?

My one trip to Gz East was definitely a revelation in terms of the "buzz" when I experienced such a huge population of travellers!
Never ever in my life had I seen so many "ants" in one place! Have to move with caution and be extra careful with things in hand.
[Saying this having been "picked" for a camera off my waist pouch buttoned down in a 15 min walk fastwalk from Zhuhai's Kapok Hotel to Immigration once!]

Anyone with clumsy luggages should take note that it is easy to be "pick-pocketed" and/or "hit" but the numerous touts-trawling crooks that work the Gz East station.

Otherwise, certainly a great option JK~

From CP., if you know the taxi driver (a regular) the bottom price I negotiated was 350 rmb from a freelance taxi driver (with own car) who finally decided that my job was better than no job.

His major expense was the highway toll (besides petrol and his own time) which he has to pay for the round trip and that is why you will find it difficult to do much better than 350 rmb.

Crazier
06-18-07, 22:50
I understand that there is a train website where you can purchase train tickets fifteen days in advance instead of the usual five days. Can anyone give me the website address?

Try this website:

http://www.it3.kcrc.com/B2C/frmIndex.asp?strLang=Eng

Note that collection of the tickets are limited to collection in HK on this website and that is the major disadvantage.

Bill Lee
06-19-07, 08:48
Anybody want to split a ride from CP to GZ airport, arriving there at 12:00 p.m. this coming Friday.

Or take my driver back to CP or elsewhere.

PM for price and setup.

Bill

Bill Lee
06-23-07, 09:31
I took a 15RMB van service from the CP's Miraton hotel to the train station and caught the 940 a.m. to GZ (50RMB). Arrived there about 40 minutes later.

Took a cab from the GZ East train station and arrived at the GZ airport (Baiyun) at about 11:20 a.m., paid 114RMB (15RMB toll included).

Got the cab outside the station instead of waiting on the long ass cab line in front of train station.

Overall, not a bad trip. Weather was clear and sunny, starting time was 9:40 a.m. and got to the airport at 11:20 a.m.

BTW, I was told that the Tianhe big building bus terminal near the train station has a 21RMB bus going to the airport every 20-25 mins starting at 530 a.m.

Bill

S
I took a taxi from Baiyun airport to the GZ East train station then to CP. I couldn't negotiate because it was raining and there was a long line for taxis so to GZ East, the meter read 110 RMB and + 15 RMB for the bridge toll for a grand total of 125 RMB and about 40 minutes travel time. I haggled for 10 minutes and got a discount to 120 RMB with the added bonus that I felt retarded and cheapass afterwards. GZ East train station to CP was 35 minutes at 50 RMB plus 15 RMB taxi to hotel. So, total of about 1.5 hours and 185 RMB from airport to CP hotel on a rainy afternoon. Not great, but better than the other options. I'm assuming the reverse from CP to GZ Baiyun airport would take the same time/money. My main reason to have done the above was saving time over money, which I did, slightly.

J

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Fast Eddie 48
06-24-07, 02:39
I took a 15RMB van service from the CP's Miraton hotel to the train station and caught the 940 a.m. to GZ (50RMB). Arrived there about 40 minutes later.

Took a cab from the GZ East train station and arrived at the GZ airport (Baiyun) at about 11:20 a.m., paid 114RMB (15RMB toll included).

Got the cab outside the station instead of waiting on the long ass cab line in front of train station.

Overall, not a bad trip. Weather was clear and sunny, starting time was 9:40 a.m. and got to the airport at 11:20 a.m.

BTW, I was told that the Tianhe big building bus terminal near the train station has a 21RMB bus going to the airport every 20-25 mins starting at 530 a.m.

BillTo Bill ,

There is a airport bus from gz train station 20 rmb 45 min leave every hr to the airport the new airport is a long way from the city but they have more flight than shenzhen .

Fast eddie 48

Bill Lee
06-24-07, 08:38
To the best of my limited Cantonese ability, I did asked two employees at the station and they all pointed to the Tianhe Big Building too. Where exactly is this bus at the train station and at the airport terminal? I may have to take it on the reverse trip.

Bill

To Bill ,

There is a airport bus from gz train station 20 rmb 45 min leave every hr to the airport the new airport is a long way from the city but they have more flight than shenzhen .

Fast eddie 48

OldAsiaHand
06-24-07, 11:07
Bill,

When you exit the airport terminal you will see the buses right in front. There are numbers on green signs. There is a bus counter inside the terminal that can tell you which bus number goes to the train station. Just go to that number and buy your ticket from the girl standing around. Most run every 20-30 minutes.

OAH

To the best of my limited Cantonese ability, I did asked two employees at the station and they all pointed to the Tianhe Big Building too. Where exactly is this bus at the train station and at the airport terminal? I may have to take it on the reverse trip.

Bill

Mattoz
06-30-07, 04:43
Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I come to Shenzhen a lot but have never been anywhere else. I'm back in a couple of weeks and want to go to Shanghai and Beijing for couple of week but want some company (female of course). Does any one know of a "tour guide" website or place in Shenzhen I can hook up with a good looking 20 - 25 year girl to act as interpretor/guide/bed buddy?

Many thanks.

MattOz