PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Spam Hog
01-08-07, 09:04
I have a few questions I am sure this forum can help me with. I will arrive in Manila on 1/28/07 at 10:55pm after a 22 hour trip and then intend to end up at the Grand Central Hotel in A.C.

At what point do I convert some money to pesos and where do I do this?

With your travel experience should I just stay in Manila the night I arrive and
travel to A.C. the next day?

ThanksThe suggestion by Fast Eddie is indeed a good one, change a 100 bill (or any other hi denomination note) at the airport exchange as soon as you go through customs. ALL EXCHANGE PLACES like the higher end notes and give you the best rate for them, make sure they are unwrinkled, untorn and UNFOLDED or they may not accept them. You can also get quick cash from an ATM machine, there are several at NAIA, but once again they may or may be working with your particular credit card, may or may not have cash etc. I have found that nationwide, BPI and Equitable ATM machines work best with my particular credit cards you can get up to $200 US, spit out in 500 peso notes (about ten thousand pesos). Try to change large noteds to smaller as most taxi's and other place cannot change the larger bills. Also I would not use the hotel to change a lot of money, lousy rate, the best exchange places are run by the Chinese, find where they are, they're safest too.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MONEY ON THE STREET no matter how good the rate, probably give you counterfeit notes.

regards
Spamhog

Spivey24
01-09-07, 01:30
I'll reiterate Spam Hog's point - make sure the bills are new and crisp - preferably year 2000 or newer 100s and 50s. I was unable to exchange one bill I took because it was a little worn.

I was able to get money at the ATMs in Manila. I had to go to 3 before I fond one that would take my card though - I think it was RPI or BPI or something like that. Make sure you find one that will give you 10,000 at a time. It only cost a 3$ service charge and I got a decent exchange rate with the ATMs.

FireWalker
01-09-07, 11:30
I have a few questions I am sure this forum can help me with. I will arrive in Manila on 1/28/07 at 10:55pm after a 22 hour trip and then intend to end up at the Grand Central Hotel in A.C.

Thanks
Change for higher rate at airport over Angeles City, if you have safe in room in AC. Otherwise, change $200 and use ATM in AC.

Things will still be rockin' in AC even if you arrive at 12-1230 am. Things are less expensive in AC and more in one place. You'll want availability of quick barfine your first night. If you do all carry on, you can be out of airport in 10-15 minutes (highly recommend). You do not need that much clothes, there are plenly of laundries. After customs, you change money. Look at rates at various bank outlets.

If you need a good competent driver let me know. You can set up pick up by email before arrival. This guy is used by a friend of mine for 10 years (he is pretty well off and picky). Clean nice car at 2500 pesos. You can get a driver for a little less, but for 4 or 5 dollars less, trust me. Use him.

I will be in AC already, if you want to hook up with me and some others, PM me. I can give you a contact number for when you arrive. We are a multi-generational group, so you will fit in somewhere just fine.

E 7789
01-12-07, 01:33

ThanksThanks for the response guys.

I have a couple more rookie questions if you do not mind.

The Pacific Breeze rooms are internet ready. What internet provider will I have to use to get online.

What do I need to do to use my cellphone there.

FireWalker
01-12-07, 12:08
Thanks for the response guys.

I have a couple more rookie questions if you do not mind.

The Pacific Breeze rooms are internet ready. What internet provider will I have to use to get online.

What do I need to do to use my cellphone there.

If your phone is unlocked and triband, just change chip and load.

Internet provider? just ask hotel.

Unless you have work to do, I don't think you will have a lot of time for being online. You are going to have a lot of other work to do.

Scotian
01-12-07, 20:47
Hi,

In Phili for 1st time in Feb. 1 night in Manila then to Angeles. Should I go to Pasay or Ermita or Makati?

Swagman hotel okay? Il Tinios ok?

Thanks

James

Buko Max
01-13-07, 06:21
In Phili for 1st time in Feb. 1 night in Manila then to Angeles. Should I go to Pasay or Ermita or Makati?

Swagman hotel okay?
Why not stay at Swagman, only a few blocks from the world famous LA Cafe. Then catch "Fly the bus" to AC in the morning.

Yella Man
01-21-07, 02:36
I'm headed to the Philippines in March and have decided to try some new area's verses just hanging out in Manila and Angeles. A short stay in Manila followed by a bus/ferry ride to Puerto Galera, which has no ATM's, and then on to Barrio Barretto. My question is, are ATM's available in Barrio Barretto? And if not, will I be able to get a cash advance on my debit/credit card like you can at the Western Union in Puerto Galera? Also, what other area's near Barrio Barretto are good places to visit?

Always on the Quest

Yella Man

Spam Hog
01-21-07, 09:31
I'm headed to the Philippines in March and have decided to try some new area's verses just hanging out in Manila and Angeles. A short stay in Manila followed by a bus/ferry ride to Puerto Galera, which has no ATM's, and then on to Barrio Barretto. My question is, are ATM's available in Barrio Barretto? And if not, will I be able to get a cash advance on my debit/credit card like you can at the Western Union in Puerto Galera? Also, what other area's near Barrio Barretto are good places to visit?

Always on the Quest

Yella Man

I have never been to Barrio Barreta, so I can't answer the question re atms, however, as you may or may not be aware, you can get a cash advance IN PERSON for up to P50K at any Equitable PCI bank, all you need is your passport, make a few copies and your credit card, they like master charge.
Also BPI is the best ATM to use, they take Master charge or visa and I've used it in some really out of the way places in Mindanao.

You can check on bank locations for both PCI and BPI by pulling up their websites. I would imagine there is one of both in Puerto Galera. Barring that, I would contact the hotel you plan to stay at, I know some of the more upscale places will do a cash advance (charge hell out you for it too).

good luck

Spamhog

Mi Foot
01-22-07, 13:20
Unfortunatly I'm a Philippines newbee.

I'm flying into Cebu from HK in mid March and then heading to EL Nido, Northern Palwan before flying south to Puerto Princesa. Finally ending up in Manila.

Please tell me I'm wrong, but I am assuming that there is no action on Palawan

I need help in a couple of areas:-

1/ How long should it take to get from the PAL domestic to the charter airline ITI hanger? Is the 2 hours I have currently schedualed enough. It comes down to how late could the PAL flight be.

2/ Has anyone any expreience of Seair as a carrier?

3/ And what apears to be a common problem now days, is there an ATM in Puerto Princesa?

I am greatly looking foward to getting to the Philippines, a trip several years overdue.

Thanks

Mi Foot - well it was last time I looked.

X Man
01-23-07, 01:25
I've never been to Palawan, but it is well known that you should bring a girl with you. I imagine if you ask a tricycle driver, or maybe even the staff at the hotel, something will turn up.

I flew SEair to Borocay and I was very happy with them. I've heard some bad things about the other small airline...but that was about two years ago.

I believe SEair is owned by a guy named Dornier and the company flys Dornier planes (named after his grand dad). I suspect the name gives him an extra incentive to make sure a plane doesn't fall out of the sky.

X

I'm flying into Cebu from HK in mid March and then heading to EL Nido, Northern Palwan before flying south to Puerto Princesa. Finally ending up in Manila.

1/ How long should it take to get from the PAL domestic to the charter airline ITI hanger? Is the 2 hours I have currently schedualed enough. It comes down to how late could the PAL flight be.

Mi Foot
01-23-07, 02:50
I've never been to Palawan, but it is well known that you should bring a girl with you. I imagine if you ask a tricycle driver, or maybe even the staff at the hotel, something will turn up.

I flew SEair to Borocay and I was very happy with them. I've heard some bad things about the other small airline...but that was about two years ago.

I believe SEair is owned by a guy named Dornier and the company flys Dornier planes (named after his grand dad). I suspect the name gives him an extra incentive to make sure a plane doesn't fall out of the sky.

XI checked them out against the air safty sites and found nothing, but that doesn't account for actual service only that they don't crash or report failures.

Regards

Mi Foot

PS - Strange I thought that ITI was owned by Germans and Seair was owned by a US/Australian group.

Spam Hog
01-23-07, 12:59

3/ And what apears to be a common problem now days, is there an ATM in Puerto Princesa?

I am greatly looking foward to getting to the Philippines, a trip several years overdue.

Thanks

Mi Foot - well it was last time I looked.

First, lemme say if you EVER have to be on time, make a connection etc, then forget PAL, their nickname (predictibly always late) is an apt one.
I have flown SEAIR several times, they use "prop jobs" but are capable of
water landing in an emergency, note that coz most of the time in this country your flying over water. Never a problem with them. Also look into the expanded service of Cebu air. I've also flown in to Cebu from HK and used Cebu air, only prob is you arrive in the wee hours.

I have yet to visit Palawan, dont know why anyone would want to unless it is for the diving and there is plenty of diving elsewhere with mongering in reach, reason I say this is that I hear different things from different guys. Yeah you can score ANYWHERE in the phils but it is best to BYO to certain areas.

You can probably find a willing lady in Cebu to be your personal guide to Palawan.

regards

Spamhog

Spamhog

Bill Buxton
01-23-07, 22:25

Always on the Quest

Yella Man
There are no banks in B.BARETTO you can get cash on the base or in Olongapo in the city.It's a 2 jeep ride from the barrio or a 15 minute ride by taxi.Much safer by taxi for 300-p.for an hour.

B.B...

MilesToGo
01-24-07, 01:41
To other BM's - notice EVA is offering one way airfares 300US for early Feb travel!

The $300us is to western destinations (Vancouver, Seattle & LA)

Mi Foot
01-24-07, 08:16
First, lemme say if you EVER have to be on time, make a connection etc, then forget PAL, their nickname (predictibly always late) is an apt one.

I have flown SEAIR several times, they use "prop jobs" but are capable of
water landing in an emergency, note that coz most of the time in this country your flying over water. Never a problem with them. Also look into the expanded service of Cebu air. I've also flown in to Cebu from HK and used Cebu air, only prob is you arrive in the wee hours.

I have yet to visit Palawan, dont know why anyone would want to unless it is for the diving and there is plenty of diving elsewhere with mongering in reach, reason I say this is that I hear different things from different guys. Yeah you can score ANYWHERE in the phils but it is best to BYO to certain areas.

You can probably find a willing lady in Cebu to be your personal guide to Palawan.

Regards

SpamhogSo I should get the earlier flight and be stuck with the 4 hours between.

There are bars close to the airport arn't there?

Are any open at 10..00 anyway?

Its got to be better than 12 hours overnight in BBK between flights!

The problem with being a travel photographer is that occasionally I get a job that takes me to some out of the way place, besides if I keep to mongering areas only one of my staff may get an idear that I plan my trips around those type of places (several of my friends assume it anyway).

Regards

Mi Foot

Yella Man
01-24-07, 12:12
Thanks for the info Spam Hog and BB. It gives me an idea of how much cash to carry from one jaunt to the next.

Always on the Quest

Yella Man

Acey1882
01-25-07, 03:38
evening gents, planning a trip to MNL but I'm on a students budget and need to maximize my funds to fun. I know this may be a total nubie question but I've searched and have not seen anyone make post about courier flights to MNL. If anyone has experience with a courier agent or any info on RT tickets well below 1K (around spring break), it would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to flame the nubie if desired.

ACE

Sir Dick
01-25-07, 04:11
Just wondering is it's more advisable for me to buy my air ticket to Bangkok from Manila in Manila or here in California before I go. I heard that the tickets are cheaper around Asia if you buy it in Asia. If not then I will just get it here. There's a PAL fare of $218 RT from Manila. Dates are in early March. Thanks for your help.

Spam Hog
01-25-07, 09:32
I dont know what would be wrong with a 12 hr layover in the City of Angels, always something open in that place, massage, blow job bar etc. but Manila is different, first off, your two hour layover is gonna shrink real fast even IF your flight is on time, (a rare occassion) remember you got to go through customs etc, somebody correct me if Im wrong but I beleive they removed all the luggage storage facilities in NAIA and PAL, worried about bombs, so you'd have to drag whatever you have along you. Anyway not much open in Manila at 10 am, might find a massage parlor, most bars are open later, but you would be rushed, traffic is hell getting back and forth. Also remember there are 3 aiports in Manila, all close to each other, if you are using the the domestic one (Cebu Air) is a 10 minute taxi ride away but now they have a shuttle, use it. So your 4 hours is a good safe bet IMHO.

Good luck

Spamhog

Mi Foot
01-26-07, 07:14
I dont know what would be wrong with a 12 hr layover in the City of Angels, always something open in that place, massage, blow job bar etc. but Manila is different, first off, your two hour layover is gonna shrink real fast even IF your flight is on time, (a rare occassion) remember you got to go through customs etc, somebody correct me if Im wrong but I beleive they removed all the luggage storage facilities in NAIA and PAL, worried about bombs, so you'd have to drag whatever you have along you. Anyway not much open in Manila at 10 am, might find a massage parlor, most bars are open later, but you would be rushed, traffic is hell getting back and forth. Also remember there are 3 aiports in Manila, all close to each other, if you are using the the domestic one (Cebu Air) is a 10 minute taxi ride away but now they have a shuttle, use it. So your 4 hours is a good safe bet IMHO.

Good luck

SpamhogExcelent, you even answered what I had just started working on - bag storage.

I'm fliying in from Cebu and connecting with an ITI flight to El Nido so I have to get to a hanger for the flight. I altered my flight to the 9.30 departure giving me around 4.30 to get between them.

If anyone knows of a bag storage around the airport I be greatfull, ITI has a very low limit and I'm not flying back with them. With cameras and computer I will be way over.

Regards

Mi Foot - foot massage keeps me sain

Bangkok Dave
01-28-07, 22:15
evening gents, planning a trip to MNL but I'm on a students budget and need to maximize my funds to fun. I know this may be a total nubie question but I've searched and have not seen anyone make post about courier flights to MNL. If anyone has experience with a courier agent or any info on RT tickets well below 1K (around spring break), it would be greatly appreciated.

ACECourier flights are about as numerous as dinosaurs nowdays. 9/11 killed them off. In any case they were only viable in NY, LA, and a few in Miami.
Your best bet is a consolidator. You can try <asia.co> . They have some good prices from most cities in the US. I haven't tried them because I'm not sure if you can collect frequent flyer miles with them.

Hope this helps,

If you are young and this is your first trip to the flesh pots, GO SLOW the first few days or you will see your money shrink fast.

Dave

Bangkok Dave
01-28-07, 22:33
I was planning on skipping AC, but after reading some posts here I have decided to stop for a couple of days. I am flying US/Singapore on Northwest, arriving Sin about midnight Feb.13 (actually 00:35 the 14th) I'm taking Tiger airways to Clark at 07:50. Then Cebupacific on down to Davao, so I thought I would break the trip for a couple of days in AC, just to see what I've been missing. This is my second trip to the Philippines. Only once before, a long time ago while in the Marines. I'v been doing most of my mongering in Thailand with a couple of trips to Buenos aires in between. If it's as good as you fellows report, I might just switch from Bangkok to PI. DAMN! it's getting expensive in LOS with inflation and the devaluation of the $US v the Baht.
I will try to write a trip report after I return March 1st.

See you guys soon, Dave

Buko Max
01-29-07, 06:09

No need for a flame since your question is legitimate. There are not many courier flights to MNL if at all. Most courier flights happen between the west coast and Tokyo or Hong Kong. In addition, most courier companies/websites are just glorified travel agencies who charge membership fees for their services. I do know a travel agency that specializes in travel to the P.I. so PM me for details.

Spam Hog
01-30-07, 04:17
I was planning on skipping AC, but after reading some posts here I have decided to stop for a couple of days. I am flying US/Singapore on Northwest, arriving Sin about midnight Feb.13 (actually 00:35 the 14th) I'm taking Tiger airways to Clark at 07:50. Then Cebupacific on down to Davao, so I thought I would break the trip for a couple of days in AC, just to see what I've been missing. This is my second trip to the Philippines. Only once before, a long time ago while in the Marines. I'v been doing most of my mongering in Thailand with a couple of trips to Buenos aires in between. If it's as good as you fellows report, I might just switch from Bangkok to PI. DAMN! it's getting expensive in LOS with inflation and the devaluation of the $US v the Baht.

I will try to write a trip report after I return March 1st.

See you guys soon, DaveDave,

As a former BKK resident monger expatriated full time to the PI, just a few words of advice. I've been to AC only once, not long granted, but it doesn't take an experienced monger long to figure out IT DOES NOT HOLD A CANDLE to BKK for a total mongering experience. NO place in the PI compares with Nanaplaza or even the "pong". Rather the PI is a VARIETY of experiences that are oh so different from LOS. IT IS MUCH EASIER to meet regular girls, ie wife or Girlfriend material (define Girlfriend?) As you probably already know Filipina are less mercenary than Thais and by and large less devious. However nothing comapres to the Thai for pure sex.

If you are going to Davao you will be in my old stomping grounds, you may like the flavor of mongering there as you can find regular girls quite easily as well as a few place for commerical sex, IT IS CERTAINLY MUCH CHEAPER THAN BKK, SC MANILA OR CEBU. Davao is not exactly set up for mongering the way Manila or AC is, but you will enjoy it, foreigners are still somewhat of a novelty there.

Regards

Spamhog

Daring Mood
02-01-07, 19:16
Haven't seen Cebu Local on air recently, and I know he's involved in this business.
here is what I am looking for. I'm self employed and spend way too much time arranging travel itineraries around Asia. What I hope one of you guys can recommend is a travel agency / consultant that is reliable, will sort me out with the best available options/take changes at a moments notice/and accept telegraphic transfers, thus leaving me more time to monger.

Input would be much appreciated.
BTW just booked to arrive in Manila next weekend from Europe and the trvel agent in London advised that it is now cheaper to fly to Manila and arrange onward regional trips from Manila then flying to Bangkok,

TIA
Daring Mood

Bangkok Dave
02-04-07, 02:48
Dave:

As a former BKK resident monger expatriated full time to the PI, just a few words of advice. I've been to AC only once, not long granted, but it doesn't take an experienced monger long to figure out IT DOES NOT HOLD A CANDLE to BKK for a total mongering experience. NO place in the PI compares with Nanaplaza or even the "pong". Rather the PI is a VARIETY of experiences that are oh so different from LOS. IT IS MUCH EASIER to meet regular girls, ie wife or Girlfriend material (define Girlfriend???) As you probably already know Filipina are less mercenary than Thais and by and large less devious. However nothing comapres to the Thai for pure sex.

If you are going to Davao you will be in my old stomping grounds, you may like the flavor of mongering there as you can find regular girls quite easily as well as a few place for commerical sex, IT IS CERTAINLY MUCH CHEAPER THAN BKK, SC MANILA OR CEBU. Davao is not exactly set up for mongering the way Manila or AC is, but you will enjoy it, foreigners are still somewhat of a novelty there.

Regards

SpamhogThanks for the info. I'v read a lot of your posts on the Davao forum. The laid back atmosphere is one reason I decided to try Davao. Maybe a few days in Cebu thrown in. The rat race in NEP and soi cowboy in LOS has gotten old over the years. I swear I have seen some of the same bargirls for five or six years. I tried going to Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi, Chiang Mai, and even Phnon Penh in Cambodia to break the monotony, but I guess I'm just burnt out on the scene there. I have fond memories of Olongapo many years ago so thought I would give PI a try.

Dave

Finrod
02-04-07, 22:56
I booked myself on one of those flights that arrive in MNL at 5:30am. So I'm thinking I want to crash out at a cheap place for the rest of the morning, then check into my regular hotel after 2pm. Is that viable or should I just eat the extra night charge at the nicer place?

UPDATE: I'll ask for early checkin and see what they say.

X Man
02-05-07, 10:28
The first time I went to Olongapo, Marcos was Prez, and there was a midnight curfew (or 1am - I don't remember), and those ladies became increasingly accomodating as the Cinderella hour approached. I usually went to her place, except for when I went out to Subic or baretta and they had rooms in the bar.

I haven't been back since.

X

I have fond memories of Olongapo many years ago so thought I would give PI a try.

Dave

Surfer
02-05-07, 20:56
Finrod: They are usually pretty accomodating about early arrival and will not charge extra but obviously if they were fully booked you'd be SOL as not many rooms will be cleaned by 7am.

An alternate suggestion is to grab a love motel like the Anito chain as early morning is their LEAST busy time. There is one right on the corner of EDSA and Harrison, VERY close (like 50 yards) from the EDSA complex rhat is convenient if you are coming from the airport.

Bill Buxton
02-06-07, 05:30
Come here to the P. I. After high season. The weather might be a challenge but the attatudes will be much better. The reason for that is the CASH is gone and the fishheads rice are on the table again and the steak and prawns are a thing of the past. Humble and nicer are the attitudes of the gals because all the foreign money is gone. And they all know what cheep charlies the local foreign guys are that live here 12 months a year.

B.B.

Dingdong Bell
02-07-07, 11:52
Howdy Bill,

You seem to have hit the nail on its head - there is definitely a great advantage of travelling once the high season is over. The girls get off their high horses!

I am planning to travel to Makati late Feb or early March. It would begin to get warm by then. What kinda hotel would you suggest that is close to the Greenbelt area ? I have some business meetings in Paseo de Roxas.

I am looking for a reaonsably up-market (not exorbitant !) one that is also guest friendly. Would also like to connect with some Forum Members if possible. Your expert opinion would be valued.

Cheerio

Ding Dong

Hairy Wonder
02-07-07, 12:43
Hey everyone,

Can anyone provide more information like approximate dates when the high season begins and ends? Maybe it would be a good idea if those of us from outside the P.I. knew something about a location there that we could say we are living in. I know that the locals consider anybody, whether it be a returning local or a foreigner, to have lots of extra spending cash on arrival from another country. If they thought we were all living there, maybe they wouldn't expect us to cough up as much either! ;)

Thanks in advance!

H.W.

Spam Hog
02-08-07, 10:47
Hey everyone,

Can anyone provide more information like approximate dates when the high season begins and ends? Maybe it would be a good idea if those of us from outside the P.I. knew something about a location there that we could say we are living in. I know that the locals consider anybody, whether it be a returning local or a foreigner, to have lots of extra spending cash on arrival from another country. If they thought we were all living there, maybe they wouldn't expect us to cough up as much either! ;)

Thanks in advance!

H.W.

Just a few things, if you are looking for honeys, either in a bar or freelancers, whatever, it doesn;t matter what the season is, some of the :"Stars" come and go around the holidays but beleive me, these bar owners never take a break from earning money so there is always a task force of poon on hand to service the crowd.

ALWAYS remember that this is a CATHOLIC country and traditional Christian holidays can be a deciding factor in your travel/visiting plans. From the first part of December until mid January the world kind of shuts down and expect slower than usual Govt services IE visa extensions and the like from the disinterested staff. Air carriers may be a bit stressed for seating and the transportation system available to the average filipino (Like buses and intercoastal ferries) are usually crowded.

Now you got Easter vacation coming up, same, same, however, you need to know that soon after that is Graduation time for students. That means summer vacation until Mid June, After Filipino Independance day. i suppose if they is a "High season" That time from April to June can be considered it. Look at your resort areas especially Boracay, this is when their rates are the highest and they tell me it is the most crowded. Rates start getting back to normal end of June which is when I usually visit/travel. Just my own observation, it seems to me there are MORE FOREIGNERS here End of January to March, at least Cebu/Mindanao anyway.

"Summer" also means that a lot of college age sweeties are going back home from the big city or are bored hanging around and may be looking for some action.Also keep in mind that when they go back to school tuition is due and they start thinking of naughty ways to earn extra away from Mom and Dad back in jungle land. Also remember that just before the Holidays people are trying to earn more. ASIDE: I was Xmas shopping for Mrs Spamhogs present around Dec 15th in a crowded Cebu Mall and was approached THREE times by freelancers who wanted to squeeze my weasel if I played Santa early.

Do some research on Philsnews.com in the city you are planning to visit, are they having a trade show? Summit meeting, election, convention? That means hotel space is gonna be scarce.

Last thought, Typhoon season is at its peak October/Nov, expect floods and usual disasters, flights canceled etc. The central Visayas up to Manila is hit the worst.

Spamhog

Fast Eddie 48
02-08-07, 17:39
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance!

H.W.To hw,

I just got back from PI weather is nice didn't rain when I was there temp cold down in the evening ,best time is nov- april dry season dec around xmas is the peak high season many family fly back to visit most hotel in manila are book full but you can go to cebu or borocay I love the beach at PI in the winter time.

Fast eddie 48

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-07, 15:20
I'll be coming to Manila in mid-April for the first time. I've had mixed results when I mention I'm going to my mongering friends. Some chastise me for not going to someplace more fun, and others think it will be great.

Recently, on a Sunday afternoon in Singapore, I saw a huge amount of Filipino maids outside a shopping center. It was their only day off of the week, and they were all chatting with friends, and eating. I saw some real lovelies there, so hopefully I find some of the same in the Manila area.

X Man
02-17-07, 15:26
WOW! Do you expect the minions to bow upon your arrival?

Surfer
02-17-07, 16:19
I'll be coming to Manila in mid-April for the first time. I've had mixed results when I mention I'm going to my mongering friends. Some chastise me for not going to someplace more fun, and others think it will be great.

Hi JC: Those people say you should go somewhere "more fun" have likely never been, as the PI is one of the "most fun" destinations anywhere IMHO. People, especially the girls, are friendlier than most anywhere else.

David33 is SUPPOSED to be arriving in Cebu on the 21st from Lima (I plan to meet him after spending a week with the GF who will be taking a SCUBA course in Negros) and you are certainly invited to come join us. IMHO going to the PI and ONLY seeing Manila and Angeles is a big mistake (but MANY mongers make exactly that mistake).

SH: I also hope to be able to buy you a few San Miguels (or Red Horse for that matter LOL!). If you don't drink liquor we can make it Calamansi juice.

Holy Week ends April 8th this year and is to avoided IMHO. Bookings are very tight as so many locals are traveling, and lineups are quite sparse in my experience. Lots of girls at the malls hoever.

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-07, 16:53
WOW! Do you expect the minions to bow upon your arrival?

No, usually they run screaming. :)

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-07, 16:59
David33 is SUPPOSED to be arriving in Cebu on the 21st from Lima (I plan to meet him after spending a week with the GF who will be taking a SCUBA course in Negros) and you are certainly invited to come join us. IMHO going to the PI and ONLY seeing Manila and Angeles is a big mistake (but MANY mongers make exactly that mistake).

Thanks for the invite. Yes, David often seems to change his plans, but hopefully he'll make his Asian circuit this time. I don't know anything about Cebu, but am going to read through all the posts on the ISG in the next 8 weeks before I go.

I'm only in country for a dozen days, so one side trip would probably work out. I always love good suggestions from experienced mongers. I was in Indonesia earlier this week, and the recommendations of guys like JAD and Menteng were just great!

I've done many of the hot Asian mongering countries, and am sure I'll find something fun to do in The Philippines

Spam Hog
02-18-07, 07:34

Hi JC: Those people say you should go somewhere "more fun" have likely never been, as the PI is one of the "most fun" destinations anywhere IMHO. People, especially the girls, are friendlier than most anywhere else.

SH: I also hope to be able to buy you a few San Miguels (or Red Horse for that matter LOL!). If you don't drink liquor we can make it Calamansi juice.

Holy Week ends April 8th this year and is to avoided IMHO. Bookings are very tight as so many locals are traveling, and lineups are quite sparse in my experience. Lots of girls at the malls hoever.

See my PM, also are you still interested in going to Tandag? If so I will have to try to get in touch with our "safari guide"

Regards

Spamhog

Spam Hog
02-18-07, 07:41

Recently, on a Sunday afternoon in Singapore, I saw a huge amount of Filipino maids outside a shopping center. It was their only day off of the week, and they were all chatting with friends, and eating. I saw some real lovelies there, so hopefully I find some of the same in the Manila area.

One can find that Phenon all over Asia where Filipina maids have only sunday for their Day off. Having worked in Singapore previously and Mongered in HK and KL city, I had some "luck" doing just that. One can usually locate them en masse at the public parks near a CATHOLIC church. great place to pick 'em up (HINT, if you are shopping some times the best bargains can be had among these ladies who lay out a blanket with their wares displayed, cheaper than the local's especially HK).

However. SUNDAY is FAMILY day in Manila and the rest of the PI, so the situation is different, might find 'em at the Mall later on though.

Regards

Spamhog

Great Expecta
03-01-07, 17:56
I'm travelling to Manila in late March and am looking for hotel and mongering suggestions. I've RTFF and come up with Burgess St as a good mongering place (please add more), but I didn't see any lodging recommendations. I'm looking for girl friendly, etc.

I've mongered down in Bario Baretto (near Olongapo City) before and found several nice places to stay...and with BFs at 1200 pesos for 24hrs, I may go back there as well.

Concarne
03-04-07, 05:16
Anyone around in AC in first week of May who may want to do some barhopping?

I am not worried about not finding my way but is always more fun to party with a couple of the guys and it would be nice to put a face to some of the names on the board.

Later

X Man
03-04-07, 08:20
Edsa Entertainment Complex near the corner of Edsa and Roxas Blvd across from the Copacabana and Heritage Hotels. Walking distance to the massive mall of asia. Send me a pm if you want a wingman, as I will be in Luzon March 15-25.

I'm travelling to Manila in late March and am looking for hotel and mongering suggestions. I've RTFF and come up with Burgess St as a good mongering place (please add more), but I didn't see any lodging recommendations. I'm looking for girl friendly, etc.

I've mongered down in Bario Baretto (near Olongapo City) before and found several nice places to stay...and with BFs at 1200 pesos for 24hrs, I may go back there as well.

Dashing Don
03-04-07, 19:09
I'll be in Manila next week for ten days and will gladly meet up with anyone for a beer.

As usual, I've been corresponding with a lot of girls on FH and have promised to call them all. Its all part of the exciting buildup. The reality: I head for EDSA every night to barfine and only call a few FH girls, which I meet in the lobby of the hotel or for dinner in Greenbelt. I'm just too lazy/drained to pursue it after that although I've had a few exhausting day-long expeditions to Lake Taal. Only on one occasion did I get lucky and spent a few days banging an FH girl, but when I got back to New York, she would call me constantly with sad stories about her Chinese boss that was witholding her salary and other stuff. She didn't directly ask for money but it was enough for me to feel uncomfortable and stop taking her calls.

I haven't been in the PI since July, when I went to meet an 18yo virgin from FH in the wilds of Mindanao; Butuan to be precise. Since then, I've swung through several South American countries. I have to say that the hooker experience in PI or Thailand is much, much, more satisfying than anything in S America. So I'm glad to be coming back.

On the July trip, before going, I was seriously considering bringing the girl back to the US. There was a flurry of info on the Board about how, in the event of the inevitable divorce, I would end up penniless; basically a ward of the state. Well, this time, I had a consultation with New York's and perhaps the United States' foremost divorce attorney: Raoul Felder, Esq. In a nutshell, it isn't so. If the prenup is done fairly, free of duress, and with full disclosure, it will hold up. However, there are many twists and turns in the road and thats where it pays to have a top attorney. For ex, she must choose her own attorney; dont have her sign the prenup too close to the wedding day; and she better not be pregnant while signing it. Otherwise
duress can be construed if she decides to try and break the prenup at a later date. One of the most salient points of the consult was his advice that 'the court doesn't protect someone from making a bad bargain'.

Its been eight months and I'm ready to bury myself deep, deep, in the those golden caves.

Don

Dashing Don
03-06-07, 04:23
Hey Joking, nice to see you back. And what is that boomalaka stuff that you sometimes end your posts with? Funny stuff, although at one time I thought maybe it was a secret code that only Dragon Slayer understood LOL

As to my preocuppation with marriage, its because of the deal I used to have. For seven years I had a nice wife and family life, as well as frequent monger trips. I had my cake and ate it, as they say. An old monger told me that one of the side benefits of being a married monger was that if you banged enough hookers on a trip, that when you came home, your wife was like a new piece of ass, and the sex would be great. You know, he was right!

Eventually, the wife pulled the plug on all this stuff and although everything is amicable and financially I 'lived to fight another day', I do always think about getting that cake back. In the Phils, its quite doable you know....to bring back a hot 23yo. But marriage gets boring in the end and you're right, I might not be so Dashing.

As always, I have to thank the great minds of the Board, Joking foremost among them, for a timely heads up.

Now we better get back to business before Surfer or someone else wants to know what all this has to do with 'Travel Plans & Announcements' :)

Humbly yours,

Dashing Don

X Man
03-06-07, 07:12
I was on a white sand beach (alona) with a dark haired maiden. We were sitting down to a late breakfast after a long night of lovemaking. Everything was perfect until....the fatass waitress pushed a button....

Boomalaka, boomalaka, bish...bom....bah

DD, you should watch more tv when you are in the Philippines. And stop dissing surfer...it's getting old.

X man

Boomalaka, boomalaka, bish...bom....bah

Dashing Don
03-06-07, 12:42
X, its only old to you, my dear. Read the Colombia board once in a while to get a read on public reaction to the 'boarded one'. You might be his only defender.

Oh, and talking about old, remember that stuff between you and the Dragon?

Boomalaka, boomalaka.....

Surfer
03-06-07, 16:13
most anybody who posted in the Davao folder that did not pay homage to the irascible one (look it up Don) rankled his ire at one time or another, so it is hardly an indictment of Xman that he tangled with DS. So what was your point?

And you call him "dear"? BEWARE his style of male bonding Xman (next he'll start going on about wanting to "top" you).

As for your continuation of your juvenile obsession with me, Xman is right that it "gets old". Jackson already told you that and asked you to stop, which you have, until now.

In terms of support among the Colombia posters, dare I say I have a lot more than you especially given that your great "supporters" Prov and Guinness have been banned (neither of which had ever been to Colombia, but posted there, and elsewhere, at your instigation or in solidarity with you). Don now has been to Colombia twice (to my 14 or 15 trips), where he paid almost New York prices.

So cut the crap, and keep your postings limited to your fascinating ruminations on the pros and cons of open marriage and dispensing advice on family law in New York. You did post a report, once, on braving the dangers of Butuan (how scary LOL!) to meet the FH girl. For a day, until you hightailed it back to the EDSA Complex after having gotten thrown out trying to steal second base (read: cop a feel).

The "dashing" one indeed LOL!

Since this is the travel announcement folder, I will mention that next month I am taking the GF (met on CB) on our third trip together, this time to get her certified in SCUBA in what Lonely Planet calls "the New Boracay", Sipalay, Western Negros. No mongering is likely out there, nearest city is 3 hours drive (Bacolod). Dumaguete is about 4 hours drive, but neither of these cities are exactly renowned as meccas of mongering either so bringing your own from Cebu (or Manila/Angles) is advisable. Will post a brief report on the place after I return.

I will have one night in Manila, and a couple days in Pattaya at the end of the trip, solo when the GF goes back to Mindanao.

Dashing Don
03-06-07, 20:15
Its nice to see you back, rewriting my personal history as usual. My god, I'd love to be in court listening to your summations. Imaginative stuff I'm sure.

But its X I'm worried about. You see I'll be in Manila at the same time as he and we both frequent EDSA (usually Firehouse and Cotton) and this means that the pickings will be slim for him. I'll be with a friend, a big Californian and will be easy to spot. Well-dressed, smiling, spending lots of cash and surrounded by the girls. X, (flip-flops, cargo pants, last week's t-shirt, three-day-old beard) probably won't stand a chance. Poor guy will end up watching Flip television all day...this is what I'm afraid of; a ruined vacation. I can just see the joint communique from you both: 'Manila ruined by Gringos!'

Yo X, I thinks I got the solution for ya. There was a guy here a while back, Hilton Cowbyoy, a failed poet, who used to cruise the byways in an SUV with a mattress in the back. That might be an idea. You could rent one near the airport I'm sure. The price would suit you too. Try them vegetable markets way outside Metro. Thats where the action be at. Wanna keep everyone happy is all.

Holla,

Surfer
03-06-07, 21:48
I wish I knew how to contact Cowboy and tell him that the PI threads are again safe for those who contribute (since Guinness and Prov were banned, all is well).

DD wrote:

"Poor guy will end up watching Flip television all day." to which I have two comments:

(1) second only to your obsession with me (now redirected at Xman I guess) is your proclivity for using racial slurs (you will recall our very first interaction was my response to your derogatory comment about all the "poor blacks" in Cartagena). In addition to Chinese, Puerto Ricans, Eskimos and Blacks, we can now add Filipinos to the ethnicities you have insulted on this board with racial epiteths.

(2) from reading his reports, Xman appears to be an adventurous type that likes to get off the beaten path and, accordingly, ALMOST SURELY spends less time watching the TV than you do with your multi channel cable package at the Mandarin Oriental in Makati.

Dashing Don
03-06-07, 22:28
Surfer, your posts are riddled with inaccuracies as usual.

Last time I checked, Guinness was a Senior Member in good standing with an unimpeachable posting history. Your hostility towards Guinness, who has contributed early and often, is unfathomable. Could it have anything to him calling attention to that picture of yourself, that YOU posted, that showed your very small penis? And the worldwide speculation that ensued? At this point, I'd like to ask Guinness to repost that pic so that the readership can see the source of Surfer's angst.

Yo X, I know your'e out there. Stop hiding behind Surfer's skirts. Be a man. Step up.

Don

X Man
03-07-07, 00:26
With a big guy? Hmmm. You're starting to sound like that guy on the Davao thread.

As for your imaginative description of me, it's pretty close, but I never wear flip flops. As for shirts I generally go for the polo knock offs that I bought in Thailand a few years back.

The SUV...I almost spit my coffee all over the computer when I read that. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

X

I'll be with a friend, a big Californian and will be easy to spot. Well-dressed, smiling, spending lots of cash and surrounded by the girls. X, (flip-flops, cargo pants, last week's t-shirt, three-day-old beard) probably won't stand a chance. Poor guy will end up watching Flip television all day...this is what I'm afraid of; a ruined vacation. I can just see the joint communique from you both: 'Manila ruined by Gringos!'

Yo X, I thinks I got the solution for ya. There was a guy here a while back, Hilton Cowbyoy, a failed poet, who used to cruise the byways in an SUV with a mattress in the back. That might be an idea. You could rent one near the airport I'm sure. The price would suit you too. Try them vegetable markets way outside Metro. Thats where the action be at. Wanna keep everyone happy is all.

Holla,

Surfer
03-07-07, 00:50
while he was not technically banned like the third member of the triumvirate of shame PROV, he was put on some form of restriction whereby all his posts are reviewed by Jackson BEFORE being posted. Since then, he has stopped posting as he ONLY EVER posted to flame and start flame wars between third parties.

Since that glorious day, the discussion has returned to women (rather than "topping" and penises, the two topics most near and dear to you and Gayness).
Until you posted in this thread that is, and resumed getting the thread off on tangents like your failed marriage and your paraphrasing the comments of a divorce attorney in New York. Scintillating as YOU may find those subjects, I doubt ANYONE pays $20 to Jackson to read your advice on dating and marriage (two subjects you failed at miserably!)

Since you are a creature of habit, perhaps I should aleret Ace Gallant to your impending visit so he can speak with his "agent" who works at your preferred Hotel to snap a few pictures of you returning to your suite with as bakla in tow LOL!

Dashing Don
03-07-07, 03:57
I'm feelin the heat, no doubt about it. The unholy alliance of Xman and Surfer have me in their sights. Can Ace Gallant and the Chinese computer hackers be far behind? Any minute now, some of my old enemies will pop up to take a potshot, of that I'm sure. What to do......?

Ok, Surf. I need your help in choosing a hotel. Lets put the fisticuffs aside. This will prove whether you are the contributor to the board that you say you are. I'm not interested in the Mandarin because there's no lobby to speak of. I need a place thats close to the action, but not the Bayview because thats full of japanese mongers and anyway, I banged the controller from that place. Must have a nice pool and a decent gym and the rate shouldn't be more than $400 a night. Also, there must be at least one nice restaurant on site so that I can interview the FH girls. They'll be stacked like the flight patterns over JFK, so there has to be a nice public area, you know what I mean.

Depending on your vast knowledge and experience, Surf,

Thanks,

Don

Girlfinder
03-09-07, 05:33
I whish we could keep this thread for travel plans and announcement. I would guess some guys here know very well what I am thinking of.

Girlfinder
03-09-07, 05:38
Hope these links can be useful
List of airports: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_Philippines
Domestic booking with Filipinotravel: http://www.filipinotravel.com.ph/

Vidda
03-09-07, 07:28
Surfer still hasn't assisted a monger in need of a place to stay in Manila next week, despite a very public plea by me. It took a while to figure out, but finally the penny dropped: Surfer is in mourning for his old friend, Ace Gallant.

Many of Surfer's 'reports' in the past, have referred glowingly to Ace Gallant. In fact, Surfer used to urge Ace Gallant to hunt me down, as Ace Gallant was known as the one who got Stanley Ho fired from his job in Singapore, for some cyber infraction, and reportedly had millions of dollars at his discretion with which to hunt down mongers that he disagreed with. There was no mention of whether Stanley Ho had a family to support and whether by getting Stanley fired, his family suffered. No, Surf's posts show him to be firmly in Ace Gallant's camp. My infraction was that I suggested that Ace Gallant start a rickshaw business on Burgos Street in Makati City. For that, I was marked for death. Surfer totally concurred.

Ace Gallant received a 30-day suspension for threatening to kill a fellow poster with a M-800, whatever that is. Me? I'm nostalgic for the old days, when a monger got banned for being obnoxious, like Junior and On The Go. Things were more innocent then. Just think. If you're a Serial Antagonist, you're banished for life, but, if you threaten to end a fellow poster's life in some horrible manner: you get 30 days.

Surf, we got a new justice system. Guess what? If you dont help me with the hotel, I'm gonna punish you so bad you'll wish you never crossed me. First, you're gonna wash Xman's four-month supply of unwashed socks; after that, you'll wash Dragon Slayer's empty wine glasses--rumored to number in the thousands; and finally, maybe, you'll become a contributing member of this Board, instead of being a member who never met a flame war he didn't like.

Uh oh; I'm sorry X. Is this becoming old? I'm just trying to have a Conversation. Lets communicate.Dashing Don I can tell you that recently I have requested assistance with Davao Hotel information and both Surfer and XMan were very helpful, ver helpful indeed, maybe its time to give them a break and talk more about girls Women and the beautiful creatures that they are. He He Regards Vidda

HenryV
03-10-07, 17:53
Will be in:
Cebu 4/9 & 4/10
Manila 4/11 & 4/12
A/C 4/13 to 4/17

PM me if you are interested in getting together for a drink.

Concarne
03-14-07, 17:49
Hey...

I will be in AC from may 30th to april 7...if anyone is interested in doing some barhopping...PM.

I will be staying at Sunset Gardens.

Concarne

Member #3399
03-30-07, 16:07
Hi all

I have been reading the forum when I could for the past few weeks knowing I am headed to Pi.

Any suggestions for me and my family (young) to stay in Manilla, I am looking for a good hotel with a good pool, less than 90 us a day?

I am planning to see some WWII stuff for a couple fo days before we head offf to another island, any suggestions on what to see?

If the hotel was near to the fun areas that would be a bonus as the family needs a great deal more sleep than I.

Also are there good dentists like in BKK in Manilla or Cebu? I need some work done and would appreciatte any help.

Happy Mongering, hope to see you in the trenches.

X Man
03-31-07, 01:29
You probably need a taxi to get anywhere, other than the park next door, but this is a nice place with a decent size pool. I think it's the same owner as the Amazonia club. If you go back about a year you can find some pictures I posted.

Paco Park 1900pesos parkhotl@parkhotel.com.ph / 521 2371 (to 75) www.parkhotel.com.ph
1032-34 Belen st., Paco Manila, MM www.parkoasis.com
Room 315 P2600, pink room. Room 316, smaller room, noisier 1900

Bayview is centrally located and has a small rooftop pool.

X Man

Hi all

I have been reading the forum when I could for the past few weeks knowing I am headed to Pi.

Any suggestions for me and my family (young) to stay in Manilla, I am looking for a good hotel with a good pool, less than 90 us a day?

I am planning to see some WWII stuff for a couple fo days before we head offf to another island, any suggestions on what to see?

If the hotel was near to the fun areas that would be a bonus as the family needs a great deal more sleep than I.

Also are there good dentists like in BKK in Manilla or Cebu? I need some work done and would appreciatte any help.

Happy Mongering, hope to see you in the trenches.

Asheron
04-01-07, 13:32
Help plz :)

I am coming to Manila for 1 Month in October,

If I fly to Cebu 1/2 way thru my vacation would that be classed as leaving the country before my 21 days expire?

Or will I still need a Visa?

Finrod
04-02-07, 04:07
Help plz :)

I am coming to Manila for 1 Month in October,

If I fly to Cebu 1/2 way thru my vacation would that be classed as leaving the country before my 21 days expire?

Or will I still need a Visa?
No. You need to get that visa extension because you are still in the Phils. But you can do it in Cebu City as well as in Manila.

X Man
04-02-07, 04:55
How difficult / expensive is it to get the visa extension?

Outside of the Philippines, I inquired about a visa longer than the standard 21 days. The cost and paperwork were such that I just shortened my holiday.

X Man

Spam Hog
04-02-07, 05:03

Outside of the Philippines, I inquired about a visa longer than the standard 21 days. The cost and paperwork were such that I just shortened my holiday.

X Man

I beleive you can apply for an extension over the 21 day visit in country, you have to go to Immigration with all your paperwork and of course pay the fee which I beleive have increased since the last year or so. You should be able to send your passport to the Phil embassy in whatever country you are Xman and apply for a visa that way. Dont think its that much and I recall they have a quick turnaround.
Spamhog

Asheron
04-02-07, 18:51
Is it true, you can slip the immigration guy at the airport p1000 for a 60 day stamp?

FireWalker
04-03-07, 12:18

X Man

It is easiest to just drop by consulate, leave passport and you will have it ready in maybe 4 business days.(I applied on a Thursday, it was ready on Tuesday) That is how I have done it in Los Angeles.

Single entry valid for three (3) months: US$30.00
Multiple entry valid for (6) months US$60.00
Multiple entry valid for twelve (12) months $90.00

Spam Hog
04-03-07, 12:24
It is easiest to just drop by consulate, leave passport and you will have it ready in maybe 4 business days.(I applied on a Thursday, it was ready on Tuesday) That is how I have done it in Los Angeles.

Single entry valid for three (3) months: US$30.00
Multiple entry valid for (6) months US$60.00
Multiple entry valid for twelve (12) months $90.00

Gentlemen, this just in from the national news, it seems someone with rare intelligence has established an immigration post at Boracay, this way tourists will be able to re-up and spend all their money on the Island should they elect to stay longer than three weeks, smart. No mention of fees or costs

SPamhog

FireWalker
04-04-07, 06:34
Gentlemen, this just in from the national news, it seems someone with rare intelligence has established an immigration post at Boracay, this way tourists will be able to re-up and spend all their money on the Island should they elect to stay longer than three weeks, smart. No mention of fees or costs

SPamhog

Yes, I think it is at Villa Camilla.

Mahku
04-04-07, 06:47
When I was there last August it was only operating on certain days of the week. I was told it was around the area where the main road goes by the entrance to the mall. If you're down to the last day or two I'm not sure I would count on this one.

Asheron
04-05-07, 21:40
I always pay Ł600 to travel from London to Manila Return, I decided this is way too much money and did some research.

I have come up with the cheapest way to get to Manila or Cebu, Gentleman I hope this helps.

London to Manila Return for Ł330

www.oasishongkong.com (London To Hong Kong Return)

www.cebupacificair.com (Hong Kong To Manila Return)

I do not believe anyone can find a cheaper price!

Nightrider1
04-06-07, 01:28
Trip report of 40 days from Feb 20 until March 30. I landed in Manila late at night to be greeted by the longest line at immigration that I had ever seen. Waited over an hour and a half to clear customs and immigration and after a 22 hours of flights and 3 connecting flights it was not a pleasant experience. Had to pay 500 p for what should have been a 140 p metered ride but I didn’t care at that point. Checked into Cherry Blossom hotel and after a shower my spirits were revived and headed out for a stroll on Baywalk and a few San Migs. Met a cutie named Trisha and her cousin ( why do they always travel in pairs ) and invited them to sit and listen to the band that was playing all oldies music at an open air bar. I invited them back to the hotel to watch tv and they accepted. Trisha and I were getting along so well by now that the cousin was nice enough to say she was tired and was going home. After she left the tv was off and Trisha and I enjoyed each other for about an hour. I asked her to spend the night but she had work early the next morning so she declined and said she had to leave. She never asked for anything but I gave her 600P which she happily accepted.

The next morning I took a PAL flight to Cebu to meet a chat mate from Filipina Heart that I had been chatting with for about a month. Checked into Metro Park hotel in Lahug which used to be a inexpensive but adequate hotel but seems now to have really gone downhill. Its still inexpensive at 900p a night but the rooms are not maintained very well. TV and hot water did not work even after telling the front desk to send a maintenance man. Their answer was “ in a while “ which in the Philippines can mean 15 min to next day. After one day I checked out and went to the Crowne Garden Hotel close by on Salinas Street. Only a few years old and nice rooms at a promotion rate of 1300 P with a free breakfast for two. My chat mate was sweet and we spent 3 days seeing the local sights and then went to Moalboal for 3 more. it’s a nice quiet resort and diving area. For some reason Moalboal has no water now and all water comes in on trucks. I heard they get water from a reservoir which is dry now. Hard to believe with all the rain that the Philippines gets but that’s what I was told.

After Cebu I took an Oceanjet boat ride to Dipolog to meet another chat mate. This girl was too sweet. For her holding hands was a major romantic commitment…lol… Oh well that’s the way it goes with chat mates .You never REALLY know how they will be until you meet them. Not much to do or see in Dipolog. No malls at all and the big entertainment is going to the boulevard at night and walk along the seawall. We did go to Dapitan one day and visit the national hero Rizal’s place where he lived for a time.

After Dipolog I took a bus ride of about 7 hours to Cagayan de Oro which has become one of my favorite cities. Smaller than Cebu but with all the amenities. Stayed at Casa Christalia Hotel at 650 P a night. Nice malls and restaurants good bars and night spots and things to do during the day too. I went rafting which was fun and visited the pineapple plantations owned by Dole. On Friday and Saturday nights they close off the city center streets and food vendors come in with portable bbq equipment . Bands are there too as well as people selling clothes .Its called “ Night Café “ Met a chat mate there who believed holding hands was just the first step to a fun evening. My kind of gal..lol..

My next stop was Davao and I wanted to fly there but there are no flights from Cagayan de oro ,so another long although scenic bus ride through the heart of Mindano. I was very impressed with Davao. The city was noticeably cleaner and you could sense a civic pride that I never felt in other cities that I visited. I stayed at Tower Inn for 900 P a night. I met a chat mate there who was graduating from a nursing school and I let her practice her bedside manner on me. She passed with flying colors. For other diversions I went to Eden Nature Park high up overlooking Davao and which is well worth the time to go to. I walked the 4 km mountain trail which wore me out but I felt good for doing it and rewarded myself with a few San Miguel’s at the restaurant, which by the way serves organically grown fruits and veggies grown right there at the park. They have cottages for rent and next time I will spend a night there. Also did a day trip to Samal island but did not stay overnight although I could see it’s very popular with the foreigners.

I had a great time wherever I went and was always treated well by the anyone I met. The country is so poor but the people are kind. Except for Manila taxi drivers I never felt I was being taken advantage of.
I have also decided after this trip NOT to fly into Manila anymore. The place always was a hassle compared to other cities but It seems to have gotten worse . First of all the taxie drivers do not want to use the meter as soon as they see a white face get in. Its always " where are you going" and then the charge is usually 3 times what a metered ride would be. I wanted to go to Mega Mall twice and could not even get a ride there as they said the traffic is too bad. Which is VERY true as the city is about 6 months away from total gridlock in my opinion. All you do is sit in traffic jams wherever you go anywhere.It's really a credit to the Filipino phycic that there is not more road rage there. And then you pay twice the amount for hotels that you pay in other places. I know it will be a little more inconvenient to bypass Manila but I have had it with that city.

I met eight chat mates in all from the Filipina Heart website. Five were good experiences and the sexual activity ranged from hand holding ( meaning non at all ) to all night romp sessions leaving me asking for a break. I am 60 plus so keeping up with a nubile 19 year old was quite a feat but one which I was happy to try and do. The three who were disappointments I cut loose after meeting them at the mall and realizing all they wanted was someone to take them shopping.

My next trip will be in Sept and I’m already wishing it were here.

Pete The Beat
04-06-07, 02:35
Quote from Nightrider: "Checked into Cherry Blossom hotel and after a shower my spirits were revived and headed out for a stroll on Baywalk and a few San Migs. Met a cutie named Trisha and her cousin ( why do they always travel in pairs ) and invited them to sit and listen to the band that was playing all oldies music at an open air bar. I invited them back to the hotel to watch tv and they accepted. Trisha and I were getting along so well by now that the cousin was nice enough to say she was tired and was going home. After she left the tv was off and Trisha and I enjoyed each other for about an hour. I asked her to spend the night but she had work early the next morning so she declined and said she had to leave. She never asked for anything but I gave her 600P which she happily accepted"
For all the newbies out there here is the perfect example of how easy it is to meet girls in the phils apart from the obvious bars etc.
Just pack your bags, book a plane flight & hotel and then go for a walk and keep a smile on your face and have a good attitude for all to see: They will come to you!!
Great trip report and good to see you will be back for more!
Cheers
Pete

X Man
04-06-07, 11:12
Peat the beat and others.

The ISG format is kind of confusing and it took me a long time to figure out some things...like the "quote" function. It's just that most boards put the button in a different place and/or call it something different.

Anyway, in the bottom right hand corner of a message is a box called "quote". Just hit that.

Now, I've seen some people who quote, put some message, then quote, more message..... all in the same post.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

X Man

Finrod
04-06-07, 16:09
Peat the beat and others.

The ISG format is kind of confusing and it took me a long time to figure out some things...like the "quote" function. It's just that most boards put the button in a different place and/or call it something different.

Anyway, in the bottom right hand corner of a message is a box called "quote". Just hit that.

Now, I've seen some people who quote, put some message, then quote, more message..... all in the same post.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

X Man

They do it manually. It is disabled for automatic quoting in public messages. I've exchanged PMs with others and it works there.

An example of doing it manually:

First quote here.

Inner quote here.

Hope Jackson does not mind me showing that, but most people could figure it out. Disabling all but the first quote is actually a good policy. It keeps posts from getting bloated like I've seen on other message boards and that is representative of the tight ship Jackson runs here.

X Man
04-07-07, 02:50
Nightrider,

Great post. Can you tell us more about Moalboal? What hotel did you use? How was the swimming / snorkeling? Do you have any pictures of beach / hotel / etc?

X Man

Nightrider1
04-07-07, 09:10
Nightrider,

Great post. Can you tell us more about Moalboal? What hotel did you use? How was the swimming / snorkeling? Do you have any pictures of beach / hotel / etc?

X Man
For Huskey and X-Man
I stayed at Cora"s Palm Court at Pasagama Beach in Moalboal which is low budget at 650 P. There are better places but this place was ok. Lots of restraunts to chose from. Snorkeling was ok,I do not dive. I did rent a mountain bike from Planet Action for a couple days and that was fun. German guy and his Filipino wife run it and he has good action adventures to take you on, Rappelling down waterfalls is the best I think. Best beach area is called white Beach and the charge 25 P per head to use it . I heard Filipinos get in free,, but filipinos get in free,Go figure..lol.. There are also a few bargirls working the night spots there but quality is hit and miss.Better to BYOB. As far as my P4P I did hit LA Cafe once when I was in Manila and in Davao there is an active streetwalker scene as well as Cagayan de Oro. They start at 1000P but most will take 500 P.

Jaimito Cartero
04-11-07, 04:37
I'll be in Makatai and AC for the next couple of weeks.

Dentist
04-15-07, 18:24
I need contact with a good dentist near Angles City. Will visit 15-18 June for a meeting. I need 7 crowns, and a partial denture or three implants. Will extend my stay on either side of these dates to accomdate the time needed.

As soon as my subscription is activated(24hrs) you could PM me.

The only thing I can offer back is South Korean travel information / hotels / restaurant, advice on shopping. At 50+ and very married the girls are cute to watch but eight hours of sleep is much better. I have lived here over 20yrs so know the Seoul area very well.

If you are in the Angles Area and provide the info, will be happy to buy dinner and drinks.

Thank you.

Cbea20
04-16-07, 03:56
I need contact with a good dentist near Angles City. Will visit 15-18 June for a meeting. I need 7 crowns, and a partial denture or three implants. Will extend my stay on either side of these dates to accomdate the time needed.

The only thing I can offer back is South Korean travel information / hotels / restaurant, advice on shopping. At 50+ and very married the girls are cute to watch but eight hours of sleep is much better. I have lived here over 20yrs so know the Seoul area very well.

If you are in the Angles Area and provide the info, will be happy to buy dinner and drinks.

Thank you.I doubt you could get the crowns made in the space of 3 days. Wouldn't surprise me if the molds were sent to Manila.

X Man
04-16-07, 13:53
I was quoted 4,500-6500 pesos per crown in MLA. I used a dentist at Mall of Asia and the dentist was late / kept me waiting twice. This really pissed me off so said the Hell w it and went to AC.

In AC it will take five days and I was charged 4000 per crown. The dentist didn't do a good job, so I won't bother digging thru my files to give you the contact info. There were three lady dentists and two of them wrote their personal contact info onto the standard business card and, "Oh, by the way, we're all single here."

I do have a few recommendations in MLA and one that I received from the owner of Swiss Chalet in AC. If you want them, wait a week and then remind me -- I'll have a bit more time then.

X Man

Thank you.

Dentist
04-16-07, 17:29
X-man,

Thank you. I will wait for your other AC contact.

Patarse
04-18-07, 10:27
Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Thailand in early May and am thinking of a side trip to Angeles.
Could anyone tell me the best may to do this.

I have looked up Air Asia and Tiger and can't see a direct flight.

Are there any direct flights Bankok to Manila or Angeles with other airlines.

Thanks,

Patarse

Buko Max
04-19-07, 02:39
Are there any direct flights Bankok to Manila or Angeles with other airlines.
Cebu Pacific and PAL have direct flights to MNL from BKK but to get the availability of flights to every airline, plug in your dates to this website: www.amadeus.net

Spam Hog
04-19-07, 03:55
Ayala Mall Department Store and grocery is running a special offer now thru June 30. Purchase more than P3,000 of merchandise/food etc at one time and get a discount coupon for a round trip 2 days three nights in Singapore
for USD 198, the carrier is silk air. That is one hell of a great deal gentlemen, I used to fly round trip Sing to Cebu for USD 500 back in the day.

I'm gonna go in June.

Singapore is loaded with mongering opportunities, from the infamous "4 floors of *****s" at the orchand towers to "short time" row in Geylang.

Plenty of Thai', Viet and Filipina freelancers everywhere else.

friendly neighborhood spamhog

Patarse
04-20-07, 09:29
Thanks for your help.

Looked it up. Wow theres plenty of airlines do the trip.

I think I'll wait till I'm there and check for good prices then.

Thanks again Patarse

Sagramore
05-06-07, 13:41
Greetings all,

I will be in the Philippines from May 9 – 27 with most of that time being in Angles and the rest in Manila. If any other mongers are in town and would like to meet up for a drink or two and a possible night of debauchery PM me.

Cheers!

One Wing Low
05-06-07, 16:14
i read through the posts and found references mainly to mongering manila, angeles city and cebu but not much else.

would appreciate recommendations for a 5 days tour of the p where i can combinse some [CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118), ie diving, snorkeling... in addition to pretty pussies.

please help your mongering bro out.

Spam Hog
05-07-07, 04:12
i read through the posts and found references mainly to mongering manila, angeles city and cebu but not much else.

would appreciate recommendations for a 5 days tour of the p where i can combinse some [CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118), ie diving, snorkeling... in addition to pretty pussies.

please help your mongering bro out.

we've kicked this one around on the board a great deal, most of the best
diving/water activiety areas in the phils are somewhat away from the larger cities, not so many bars, pick up areas or disco's present, in fact some areas not much of anything, remember this is the 3rd world. it is also the phils which means you can find pussy anywhere and everywhere but you might have to do a bit of hunting for it.

my recommendation is to come to cebu, spend a weekend here and see what you can find, then take her to some place like bohol, malapasqua, dan bantayan,molboal, all great beach/[CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118) she can act as your tour guide, make "tawad" with the drivers and boat owners for the best price if you find the right doll. (btw i should be in molboal with mrs spamhog next friday)

you can score in some of those places but the pickings are slim, forget boracay imho, overpriced and not much free poon walking around. most are wives and gf's

good luck

spamhog

One Wing Low
05-07-07, 22:28
will investigate more along theline of your suggestions.

hope you and mrs. spam hog have a good time in molboal.

we've kicked this one around on the board a great deal, most of the best diving/water activiety areas in the phils are somewhat away from the larger cities, not so many bars, pick up areas or disco's present, in fact some areas my recommendation is to come to cebu, spend a weekend here and see what you can find, then take her to some place like bohol, malapasqua, dan bantayan,molboal, all great beach/[CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118) she can act as your tour guide, make "tawad" with the drivers and boat owners for the best price if you find the right doll. (btw i should be in molboal with mrs spamhog next friday)

spamhog

Noman2
05-08-07, 06:48
Just planing my first trip to Manila and AC for 7 nights, (oct) 4 night in Manila and 3 in AC, or maybe 3 nights in Manila and 4 nights in AC. Is there is anything to do and see in daytime, beside the nightlife? (photo opportunity)

Any advice please?

X Man
05-08-07, 15:22
sh advice is good, but is "tawad" the same as discount? what language? is this visayan or tagalog or what?

only five days...is this a first trip?
sh advice is probably easier if you can fly direct to cebu.

if you are across the ocean, you probably have to fly direct to mla. some people would suggest puerto galera where you have the water and girls at the same place. it's almost as fast (but more expensive) to just fly south to some of the places sh mentioned.

in mla or ac you can find lots of ladies and then can fly the two of you to cebu or other destinations. cebu pacific tend to be cheaper and has newer planes than philippine airlines.

sh suggests bohol, i'm sure you can find a flight from mla to tagbilaran. from ac, i think seair can fly you to the airstrip nearest to borocay. prices are higher, but very nice.

we've kicked this one around on the board a great deal, most of the best
diving/water activiety areas in the phils are somewhat away from the larger cities, not so many bars, pick up areas or disco's present, in fact some areas not much of anything, remember this is the 3rd world. it is also the phils which means you can find pussy anywhere and everywhere but you might have to do a bit of hunting for it.

my recommendation is to come to cebu, spend a weekend here and see what you can find, then take her to some place like bohol, malapasqua, dan bantayan,molboal, all great beach/[CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118) she can act as your tour guide, make "tawad" with the drivers and boat owners for the best price if you find the right doll. (btw i should be in molboal with mrs spamhog next friday)

you can score in some of those places but the pickings are slim, forget boracay imho, overpriced and not much free poon walking around. most are wives and gf's

good luck

spamhog

Pinoyako
05-08-07, 16:14

please help your mongering bro out.for such a short stay, combining diving/snorkeling and pussies, i would suggest puerto galera - that is if you are going to manila. about 3.5 -4 hrs from manila by bus and boat.

if you are going to cebu, then sh's advise is the best.

i guess the only location in the philippines, as far as i can recall now, am a diver too, where you can combine diving and a lot of girls (with emphasis on "lots of girls") is puerto galera. of course in other diving areas you can still find girls but not as much as in puerto galera.

one last thing as it is peak summer season right now in the philippines, suggest you book accomodations in advance.

hope this helps.

Pathologic
06-02-07, 10:37
Am thinking of taking a Superferry MLA to Cebu. Prices seem excellent for a 'suite' - 2 pax for less than $100 incl meals. Anyone had experience with this form of travel? Thanks.

Fast Eddie 48
06-03-07, 02:07
Am thinking of taking a Superferry MLA to Cebu. Prices seem excellent for a 'suite' - 2 pax for less than $100 incl meals. Anyone had experience with this form of travel? Thanks.To K George,

Time is also money you can get a round trip flight from Manila to Cebu for about 120 usd with cebu air if you book ahead online, why waste all that time on a ferry it take over 18 hr unless you have alot of time, ferry is for poor pinoy that have no money with alot of time.

Fast eddie 48

Aussiec
06-03-07, 05:38
For an extra $50 you can get there quicker and save loads of time. Besides I been on ferry once and it was super crowded and took forever to get to Cebu. Extra $50 to fly is well worth it.

Andre007
06-03-07, 07:49
Actually the price for Manila to Cebu is about 3300 pesos or about $65.00 RT. They have been running an ongoing promo for 568 pesos. Add tax and comes to roughly 1600 pesos each way.

X Man
06-03-07, 14:39
Fast Eddie, you didn't answer his question. Try to pay attention.

I've never tried this, but been thinking about it.

This option would mean you wouldn't pay one night for a hotel room, so it seems like an interesting, and reasonably priced diversion for someone who may have some extra time.

I think it would be more interesting to go alone and then invite someone from steerage up for a look at something more comfortable. I wonder how that would play out with the staff?

Is the room strictly for two? If you have to pay for two, I guess they shouldn't complain if you upgrade one of the steerage passengers.

BTW, I've ridden some of the Med's best minstrals, and never got seasick. I suppose that is another consideration. If you love the sea, but the sea don't love you....take a plane.

X

To K George,

Time is also money you can get a round trip flight from Manila to Cebu for about 120 usd with cebu air if you book ahead online, why waste all that time on a ferry it take over 18 hr unless you have alot of time, ferry is for poor pinoy that have no money with alot of time.

Fast eddie 48

Any Hole
06-03-07, 23:45
Just planing my first trip to Manila and AC for 7 nights, (oct) 4 night in Manila and 3 in AC, or maybe 3 nights in Manila and 4 nights in AC. Is there is anything to do and see in daytime, beside the nightlife? (photo opportunity)

Any advice please?You know I always see this same question what is there to do in ac durring the day. Well if you end up going to bed at around 2-3pm you sleep most of the day and get up around 1-2pm, have some breakfast and before you know it its almost time to start hitting the bars again early evening!

If you score early then kick her out after the morning fuck, then I usually go and play billiards I love the game, or go to sm mall, or swim at the hotel pool and generally chill out with the other guests as we go through each others conquests from the night before.

Pathologic
06-04-07, 00:35
Thanks for your input guys. Completely agree that flying is much quicker and probably cheaper. Although I don't have alot of time I'm interested in the experience of the journey.

I'm thinking of Stateroom or Suite style accommodation, rather than tourist class where I agree with Fast Eddy that it may be crowded and uncomfortable. Stateroom/suites have their own facilities, queen size bed, ref, tv, etc, etc - www.wgasuperferry.com.ph. These ships even have discos, bars, pools.

X Man - website says room prices are for 2. I was thinking of taking a girl from somewhere like G-Point, but might try your suggestion. I'll stock up on sickness tabs!

I'm looking at early/mid-August, so will report back. Thanks.

X Man
06-04-07, 11:16
Wow, A hole. Either you wake up before you go to sleep or you sleep for 20+ hours.

Rent a car and go out to the mountains. You can hike, take pictures, etc. I haven't done it, but I know you can.

I rented a tricycle, me and two ladies, and rode out to a shrine / cave above the "lahar" river. There was a shrine for the Japanese there, as well as a Christian site. I think this is in the direction of Dau. If I didn it again, I wouldn't take a tricycle.

X Man

You know I always see this same question what is there to do in ac durring the day. Well if you end up going to bed at around 2-3pm you sleep most of the day and get up around 1-2pm, have some breakfast and before you know it its almost time to start hitting the bars again early evening!

If you score early then kick her out after the morning fuck, then I usually go and play billiards I love the game, or go to sm mall, or swim at the hotel pool and generally chill out with the other guests as we go through each others conquests from the night before.

Any Hole
06-05-07, 00:01
Wow, A hole. Either you wake up before you go to sleep or you sleep for 20+ hours.

Rent a car and go out to the mountains. You can hike, take pictures, etc. I haven't done it, but I know you can.

I rented a tricycle, me and two ladies, and rode out to a shrine / cave above the "lahar" river. There was a shrine for the Japanese there, as well as a Christian site. I think this is in the direction of Dau. If I didn it again, I wouldn't take a tricycle.

X ManSorry,

I meant, go to bed at 2-3 (am) not (pm)!

Sol111
06-05-07, 22:32
Hi all,

I'll be in Manila in late July for a few days if anyone would like to meet up.

Bold Focker
06-06-07, 10:07
I will be in Ac during this period if anyone would like to hook up for a beer and discuss "shooting fish in a barrel!"

Ungus
06-07-07, 02:16
I will be in Ac during this period if anyone would like to hook up for a beer and discuss "shooting fish in a barrel!"Making my first trip to Phils. I will be arriving June 9th but first heading to Subic for some diving. Plan to be in AC on June 12th. PM me if you want to meet up.

FireWalker
06-08-07, 11:27
Thanks for your input guys. Completely agree that flying is much quicker and probably cheaper. Although I don't have alot of time I'm interested in the experience of the journey.

I'm thinking of Stateroom or Suite style accommodation, rather than tourist class where I agree with Fast Eddy that it may be crowded and uncomfortable. Stateroom/suites have their own facilities, queen size bed, ref, tv, etc, etc - www.wgasuperferry.com.ph. These ships even have discos, bars, pools.

X Man - website says room prices are for 2. I was thinking of taking a girl from somewhere like G-Point, but might try your suggestion. I'll stock up on sickness tabs!

I'm looking at early/mid-August, so will report back. Thanks.

No, don't apologize for choosing a different way, just do a report on it. I was going to do that last year, but I had to "see a guy about a girl" and my plans changed..

Paulb
06-08-07, 15:56
Looking to fly from Bangkok on the 29 June evening (trade show ends 6pm)to Manila or Clarke Air base return on the 2 July late evening or early morning on the 3 July. I have a Flight back to Australia 3 July 9am.

Hope some one can help. I have tryed tiger but you need to fly to singapore then to Bangkok. Looking for direct flight.

Thanks

Buko Max
06-08-07, 20:28
Looking to fly from Bangkok on the 29 June evening (trade show ends 6pm)to Manila or Clarke Air base return on the 2 July late evening or early morning on the 3 July. I have a Flight back to Australia 3 July 9am.

Hope some one can help. I have tryed tiger but you need to fly to singapore then to Bangkok. Looking for direct flight.
Plug your dates into this website to get availabilty of flights:

www.amadeus.com

Gerd Holler
06-08-07, 20:46
Looking to fly from Bangkok ...to ManilaTry http://www.cebupacificair.com/

GH

Any Hole
06-08-07, 22:37

ThanksHave you tried www.cebupacificair.com

I know they fly out of Bangkok direct to Manila for around 3,000 peso.

Finrod
06-09-07, 00:02
Philippine Airlines flies this route. They had specials last year, but I think those originated in MNL. I used a special deal to do MNL-BKK-MNL. It can't hurt to check their site to see if there are any deals to be had this year.

http://www.philippineairlines.com

Bold Focker
06-12-07, 09:16
for some reason I can not PM you, but you can call me on my philippine mobile no 09216455951.
or anyone else who would like to hook up for a beer!

Bf.

Making my first trip to Phils. I will be arriving June 9th but first heading to Subic for some diving. Plan to be in AC on June 12th. PM me if you want to meet up.

Paulb
06-17-07, 13:17
Thanks for your help I booked a ticket throu Philippine airlines $400 aus ret to Bangkok. I will be in Manila on Friday 29th with 5 friends we going to head down to angels on Saturday. Can any one suggest a hotel in Manila? Any one up for a drink party on Friday in Manila will be in town around 6pm.

Once again Thanks for your help up the Aussies.

Notanocker
06-23-07, 08:42
May I suggest using Amazonia in Ermita, 100 metres from LA Cafe? The Hotel is on the building's third floor. While girls use it with ST customers, I don't think there would be a lot of noise from the ground floor activities. For ST the rooms are P450, so probably for an overnight stay, the rate is P1000 or under.

Member #3399
06-27-07, 02:21
A report from me is long overdue and to the folks that I gained help from before my trip thanks, I am now contributing as I always do.

The Philipines are full of wonderful people and without a doubt I will return, however a few things caught me short and giving guy that I am I would like to offer to you so that you can better enjoy your journey to the Phillipines. My family and I spent 3 weeks there this Spring (April) whihc oddly is their Peak season so beware of that, hotels were in short supply.

1. Bring US cash, trying to cash a travellers check in general is a real challenge, many thanks to Citibank for finally cashing a Canadian Travellers check, in 1 day I visited 10 banks trying to cash a travellers check, no dice. 1 other Bank would have cashed them had I brought the reciept for the purchase of them, never thought of that. Perhaps open a HSBC account or Citibank account for ease of access to funds. the Phillipinos should rule Asia if their monetary policies and short sightedness were not so overpowering, good people, bad fiscal policies.

2. When you leave the Phillipines change the money back to US cash, I arrived in Thailand where they offered me $ 0.60/dollar for an exchange I am still the proud onwer of several thousand pesos, Yahoo!

3. Do not rely on your Bank card, many machines had 4 or 5,000 peso maximums, 100, 125 Canadian, paying $ 5.00 a transaction can add up bad way to spend money.

4. When you travel within the Phillipines be sure to be sedated and have low expectations, they have no idea how to efficiently move you from one local to another and you wll be nickled and dimed to death so pay attention to #6 so you are prepared. I could go on but simply put "slow work takes time".

5. Use the websites for airlines whenever possible there are deals to be had, the Travel Agents typically only rep one company so you need to shop around. A Travel Agent will find the best deal for them, quit frustrating.

6. Keep all of your "little money" we were always out of 20 and 50 peso notes do not spend them until you have to and when you need to break a thousand the 7/11 awaits you they are the money changers of the Philipines.

7. The DVD industry simply sucks other than their porn. They often put 8, 10, 12 titles on 1 DVD, pure crap for the most part. They are crap and perhaps the DVD with only 1 movie on them are better but greedy pig that I am I only bought the multiples. I bought some porn DVDs (again pig that I am) and in reviewing them quickly I noticed some Child Porn on a couple of them and thank goodness I found them. These DVDs were not titled as some were indicating that it was Child porn and only by reviewing it did I discover the problem and I quickly threw them away. I am not into it and having it can get you in seriuos shit so stay alert.

8. Do bring your kids mine were treated like princes, reality has been a ***** for them.

9. And just becuase this is a sex site, it is almost impossible to get a blowjob in a masage parlour in Boracay and trust me I spent an entire afternoon looking for one. P4P is available in Boracay but it is not obviuos and the seeking of it can be troublesome, yuch, more on that later.

"I will return" much as MacArthur stated many years ago and good news to you Yanks they actually like you guys there.

The Philipines is vastly underrated, the woman are magnificient the men actually work and I will return, hopefully next time without my wife and kids.

Asia is for Ass men.

Lost Wandering
06-27-07, 04:48
Will be in Angeles for a month at least beginning July 6. PM me if you're going to be there and want to hang out.

FireWalker
06-27-07, 19:19
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/deals/America/Promotion_SFO_062101.htm

FireWalker
06-27-07, 19:31
Will be in Angeles for a month at least beginning July 6. PM me if you're going to be there and want to hang out.
I will be there July 23rd for 3 weeks. Let me know if you want to meet for a beer or two.

Unknown9398
07-08-07, 12:45
I plan to visit AC for a week or two in early October, arriving from Korea on my way back to the U.S. I'll most likely be there alone, so if anyone who can speak English wants to hang out, have a few laughs and monger together, PM me.

This will be my first trip to AC, so I've been greedily lapping up all the good info here with gusto similar to DATY. A hearty thanks to all who've posted their reports.

North Neighbour
07-08-07, 18:36
Hi guys,

This is my first time at this board.

I'm moving to Manila in Sept. for three months, possibly taking a trip (or several) up to AC during that period. This would be my second mongering trip (I did a week in Pattaya in 2006, had the time of my life), so it would be great to have a veteran in PI to go out with, or even just send me all the details on his favorite haunts.

If anyone's going to be around in this period (either Manila or AC), please send me a private message.

Appreciate it.

NN

North Neighbour
07-09-07, 01:13
Hey Unknown,

I'm a Canadian moving to Manila in September for about three months. I may make the trip out to AC, depending on whether or not the girlfriend is around at that point. ;)

If everything works out, I'll try to schedule a trip around the same time. Check the boards closer to that date and maybe we can set something up.

Also, when is busy season/low season in AC? What's Sept-November like there?

Thanks guys,

NN

Unknown9398
07-09-07, 05:10
Hey Unknown,

I'm a Canadian moving to Manila in September for about three months. I may make the trip out to AC, depending on whether or not the girlfriend is around at that point. ;)

If everything works out, I'll try to schedule a trip around the same time. Check the boards closer to that date and maybe we can set something up.

Also, when is busy season/low season in AC? What's Sept-November like there?

Thanks guys,

NNSounds good. This will be my first trip to AC too, but another thread said high season runs November to April. It also said not to worry, because there are plenty of girls around all year.

Notanocker
07-11-07, 11:38
Canada008, I wonder why anyone would ever use travellers' cheques these days. Carrying cash plus a Visa or Mastercard is so much easier, and the moneychangers around Ermita oblige by being open 24 hours a day (apologies: I cannot use the strange American symbol of 24/7: yuk!)

I found an ATM (choice of two) opposite Robinsons' Mall near The Midland Plaza hotel that spat out P20,000 without any difficulty. The Philippines has advanced since my first visit in 1991!

Fast Eddie 48
07-14-07, 08:25
Canada008, I wonder why anyone would ever use travellers' cheques these days. Carrying cash plus a Visa or Mastercard is so much easier, and the moneychangers around Ermita oblige by being open 24 hours a day (apologies: I cannot use the strange American symbol of 24/7: yuk!)

I found an ATM (choice of two) opposite Robinsons' Mall near The Midland Plaza hotel that spat out P20,000 without any difficulty. The Philippines has advanced since my first visit in 1991!To Notanocker

I alway bring american express traveller check when I travel , it is easy to cash them in Manila and It is easy to replace if you it was stolen or lose , I alway bring 2,000 usd for emergency and I agree Manila has advanced since the 1990 but it still need many improvement .

Fast eddie 48

FireWalker
07-22-07, 03:23
I will be there on Monday, if anyone wants to discuss merits of Sam Miguel Light and its affect on B+ blood.

I'll be staying in Perimeter Area.

Guy Lucky
08-04-07, 10:09
Hi all,

I will leaving from LA and reach Manila on 17th August. I have lived in Philippines for 1 year in 2004, so know a lot of stuff around there. If any of you guys wanna join in hunting or hanging around, please feel free to contact. I will be there for 10-12 days and have plan for short visits to Bacolod and CDO also to see my old girlfriends :)

Cheers

Dameon
08-16-07, 15:04
Hello all,

Just looking for some opinions on the better of two time windows to head to AC and Puerto Galera. Last week of December till third week in January. The second time frame would be the third week in Feb till the third week in March. I realize both would be falling under "high season" but would the later be a little more relaxed, and possibly cheaper, becasue it is after the XMAS New Years rush?

Thanks for your help!

Dameon

Buko Max
08-17-07, 01:21
Just looking for some opinions on the better of two time windows to head to AC and Puerto Galera. Last week of December till third week in January. The second time frame would be the third week in Feb till the third week in March. I realize both would be falling under "high season" but would the later be a little more relaxed, and possibly cheaper, becasue it is after the XMAS New Years rush?
Your summation is correct sir!

Fast Eddie 48
08-17-07, 07:09
Hello all,

Thanks for your help!

DameonTo Dameon,

Feb will be better for you ,Dec around Xmas is the peak seasons very tough to get a hotel room and flight both time are good weather cool night and dry weather and good time for scuba diving at Puerto Galera.

Fast eddie 48

X Man
08-17-07, 14:21
Well, I know your message was just to fine a wingman or two, but I hope you'll send some trip reports. I've never been to Bacalod (nor Silay) but would love to go. I went to CDO for three days and loved it. I hope to get to Camiguin someday.

If you can't tell us about the ladies, at least tell us about the places / beaches / hotels / restuarants, etc.

Have a good trip.

X Man

Hi all,

I will leaving from LA and reach Manila on 17th August. I have lived in Philippines for 1 year in 2004, so know a lot of stuff around there. If any of you guys wanna join in hunting or hanging around, please feel free to contact. I will be there for 10-12 days and have plan for short visits to Bacolod and CDO also to see my old girlfriends :)

Cheers

TraderTroll
08-18-07, 14:30
Just landed yesterday, suprise trip that I was not expecting and had not prepared for.

Any fellow mongers in the Makati area care to share a couple beers & swap stories?

Big Yuley
08-19-07, 00:15
Hi all,

I am a monger virgin but am planning a trip in early November (was planned for early Sept but needed to pospone due to work)

Anyway, I am an Aussie guy and was planning to go to the Philippines (landing in Manila) and spending 3 or 4 days in Angeles City. I was then planning to fly to Bangkok and spending another 4 or 5 days there.

My question is, as a newbie do people advise on splitting between these two places or as a novice should I just be going to one place, and then maybe on my second trip start splitting up destinations?

Your advice is appreciated.

X Man
08-19-07, 12:03
Wow, tough question! It sounds like you only have about ten days, so my advice is stick with one country this time and then the other country next time. You can always hit different destinations within each country.

Bkk + Pattaya (or Phuket)
or
MLA + AC (or Puerto Galera)

Once I did nine days in the Philippines - 3 in Manila, 3 in cebu and 3 in Davao. In the end I regretted it. WHen you factor in packing bags, taxi to airport, taxi to hotel, unpacking, etc., you end up wasting a lot of time.

You said you are a newbie so you also have to factor in chaging money, learning the streets (literally and figuartively) etc.

In 1990 I hit both countries and had a great time. It was my first time to Thailand and first time in ten years to Philippines (first time to Manila and Cebu). The difference is I had two weeks in each country...even squeezed in a week to Japan on that trip. Ha, ha, those were the days when I had lots of time, but little money. Ceiling fan rooms, shared toilet on Khao San road, Jonquerra discount girls, jeepneys and buses. Ah, the good old days.

Whatever you decide Big Yuley, you'll have a great time. Hope you can give us an interesting newbie Field Report in November.

X Man

Hi all,

I am a monger virgin but am planning a trip in early November (was planned for early Sept but needed to pospone due to work)

Anyway, I am an Aussie guy and was planning to go to the Philippines (landing in Manila) and spending 3 or 4 days in Angeles City. I was then planning to fly to Bangkok and spending another 4 or 5 days there.

My question is, as a newbie do people advise on splitting between these two places or as a novice should I just be going to one place, and then maybe on my second trip start splitting up destinations?

Your advice is appreciated.

X Man
08-19-07, 12:13
Damn, why doesn't that ever happen to me? I guess I'm in the wrong line of business.

Have a good trip TT. I hope to be back in December.

X Man

Just landed yesterday, suprise trip that I was not expecting and had not prepared for.

Any fellow mongers in the Makati area care to share a couple beers & swap stories?

Wicked Roger
08-20-07, 08:45

TT - sent you a PM.

Rubberyman
08-20-07, 23:40
Hi Big Yuley,

I agree with what X man said.

I think it depends on what you are aiming to achieve on the trip. If that is concentrated mongering, then stick to one place for the whole time...and go to your other choices next year. That way you miss out on the travel time, packing time, tiredness time and can concentrate on mongering.

OTOH if you are looking at this trip as a reconnaisance for future years (eg an almost retiree), and want to get a good overall idea of what is on offer in those markets, then your plan is good. You will get less time 'in', but a better appreciation of what is on offer overall.

<I>"Well, frankly, I don't care. If I told him once, I told him a thousand times, "Don't go, Julie!" I said, "It's the Ides of March; beware already. Don't go, Julie, don't go"</I>

Asian Explorer
08-21-07, 07:52
I've spent lots of time in the Philippines, but have never traveled on my own to Angeles/Clark, so I need answers from others. A co-worker arrives in Manila at 9PM and must travel to the Holiday Inn at Clark. I don't want him to take the bus, something along the lines of a taxi/Tamaraw would be preferred. I don't think it matters if he shares with 1 or 2 others, but a bus/Jeepney is out. It is preferable that he be able to get the transportation at the airport on arrival.

What are his options?

Ilongo_boy
08-29-07, 16:55
Sorry for the off topic, but has anyone on this board flew PAL Business Class lately...US/Canada to MLA.

Thinking about giving them a try. Thanks.

Viscount
08-29-07, 18:21
Sorry for the off topic, but has anyone on this board flew PAL Business Class lately...US/Canada to MLA.

Thinking about giving them a try. Thanks.MLA is Malta,MNL is the three letter code for MANILE PI.

X Man
08-30-07, 06:40
I'll be damned, you're right. I see Manila abbreviated as Mla all the time, so for some reason I thought it was the airport code as well. Thanks for the heads up. It's funny my travel agent never pointed that out to me.

X Man

MLA is Malta,MNL is the three letter code for MANILE PI.

Ilongo_boy
08-30-07, 14:31

Thanks for the correction...so has anyone tried PAL business Class to Manila?

X Man
08-30-07, 16:41
Hmmm, what information might this guy want.....???

First time you posted was asking PAL (biz class)/America TO MNL, but now you deleted "US/Canada" and just PAL to MNL(biz class).

I've flown PAL international this year....but not biz class. Biz class is much better than economy, but you already knew that.

They have old planes. None have recently exploded into fireballs upon landing as a China Airlines flight did in Okinawa earlier this month. I guess you already knew that.

The flight attendants are much less irritating than the US airlines. Well, you probably already knew that too. What do you want to know?

Once flying across the pacific on a US carrier, I had a seat with no light. No problem, I had a window seat. Or so I thought...

Annoying ***** attendant: Sir, please close your window.
X: My light is out and I want to read this book.
B: People want to watch the movie.
X: I'm not interested in the movie and I don't want to sit here in the dark for the next ten hours. I want to read my book.
B: Blah, blah, blah.
X: OK, just bring me a new bulb.
B: Sir, blah, blah, union rules, blah, balb.
X: I'm not asking you to change the bulb, I'll do it myself.
B: Sir, that's against rules...
X: OK, sorry to bother everyone. (closed the window)
As she walked away, I opened the window.

***and that isn't my worst flight attendant experience on a US carrier!!!

BTW, just booked a China Air flight. Lots of cancellations lately. If there is a fireball, I won't be able to post here anymore. If you think you'll miss me, just send $500 and I'll be able to afford the JAL flight.

X Man

Thanks for the correction...so has anyone tried PAL business Class to Manila?

X Man
08-30-07, 16:47
Actually, you're wrong. MNL is the airport code for Manila, Philippines.

Could someone refresh my memory. WHy does PI sound bad for some Filipinos?

X Man

Ilongo_boy
08-30-07, 20:13
Thanks XMan, you're funny. I will give PAL a chance on my next trip in October. Sorry, don't have 500 to spare.
Don't why PI sound so bad to Filipinos... I left the country 27 years ago and have no issues going back for a visit or even retire there someday. Some people just easily forget there humble beginnings... I guess.

Beastman10
08-30-07, 20:28
Looks like I will be joining a friend in Cebu around oct or Nov of this year, This will be 1st time going,can any of you guys point me to the best deals on airline tickets (round trip) from California (LAX)

Thank you

Hmmm, what information might this guy want.....???

First time you posted was asking PAL (biz class)/America TO MNL, but now you deleted "US/Canada" and just PAL to MNL(biz class).

I've flown PAL international this year....but not biz class. Biz class is much better than economy, but you already knew that.

They have old planes. None have recently exploded into fireballs upon landing as a China Airlines flight did in Okinawa earlier this month. I guess you already knew that.

The flight attendants are much less irritating than the US airlines. Well, you probably already knew that too. What do you want to know?

Once flying across the pacific on a US carrier, I had a seat with no light. No problem, I had a window seat. Or so I thought...

Annoying ***** attendant: Sir, please close your window.
X: My light is out and I want to read this book.
B: People want to watch the movie.
X: I'm not interested in the movie and I don't want to sit here in the dark for the next ten hours. I want to read my book.
B: Blah, blah, blah.
X: OK, just bring me a new bulb.
B: Sir, blah, blah, union rules, blah, balb.
X: I'm not asking you to change the bulb, I'll do it myself.
B: Sir, that's against rules...
X: OK, sorry to bother everyone. (closed the window)
As she walked away, I opened the window.

***and that isn't my worst flight attendant experience on a US carrier!!!

BTW, just booked a China Air flight. Lots of cancellations lately. If there is a fireball, I won't be able to post here anymore. If you think you'll miss me, just send $500 and I'll be able to afford the JAL flight.

X Man

Robbaf
08-30-07, 22:45
I have flown PAL business class in country 10 times in the last four months and it is a big difference. In economy class it is elbow to elbow and they give you a box of juice or cup of water and a sari-sari snack pak, but in business class, they give you a complete meal and awesome service.

FYI, if you book a regular ticket and go to the airport to check in and ask to upgrade to business it is around 535P to 1200P. Most of the time I only pay 535P to upgrade.

Robb

GoodEnough
08-31-07, 01:12
I fly Business Class every time I go between Davao and Manila and it makes a huge difference. Fast check-in, decent seats and service, and I'm off the plane and out of the airport very quickly. It's worth the small difference in price.

X Man
08-31-07, 03:54
sorry, my question was worded poorly. if you say pi ([CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) aye) rather than "philippines" there is some issue with that. apparently it sounds like a tagalog cuss word or something.

i've heard this from a few people.

x

thanks xman, you're funny. i will give pal a chance on my next trip in october. sorry, don't have 500 to spare.
don't why pi sound so bad to filipinos... i left the country 27 years ago and have no issues going back for a visit or even retire there someday. some people just easily forget there humble beginnings... i guess.

Gangles
09-05-07, 00:25
Hello guys,

I want to fly my honey ko from Philippines to Vietnam, either Saigon or Hanoi, for some serious rumple rumple while I am on business..

Does anyone have experience with discount airlines over these routes?

Cebu Pacific does not cover Vietnam.

Any others?

Gangles

Buko Max
09-05-07, 02:16
I want to fly my honey ko from Philippines to Vietnam, either Saigon or Hanoi, for some serious rumple rumple while I am on business..

Does anyone have experience with discount airlines over these routes?

Cebu Pacific does not cover Vietnam.

Any others?
There are no discount flights to Vietnam that I know of.
You might want to check Tiger Airways but you have to fly out of Clark to SIN then onto SGN.
PAL flies nonstop from MNL to SGN.

Matt Agin
09-08-07, 13:56
Hey Guys! I am fairly new to Cebu but I am going to be working here for a while and I need a guide. I live in Mandaue but will be relocating to Soong, Mactan. Send me an email with contact info.

The only experience I have had Mongering is in Manila at MP's and a few KTV's. I like the info on meeting up at malls.

And by the way, anyone know where I can find Guiness on tap around here? At least in a can. The bottles really suck!

Thanks

[Email address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

NormanBrightside
09-08-07, 22:08
I'm going to be AC between these dates. It's my first time in the Philippines although I've spent time in Prague and the FKK clubs and had a trip to Thailand earlier this year. I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with any forum members and share experiences over a beer or two. If interested then PM me.

Cheers

Norman

Rubberyman
09-09-07, 23:37
Ahoj Normane,

Byl jsem taky v Praze i taky v Brne. Preferuji Privaty protoze Kluby jsou moc drahy. Nebyl jsem v K5. Je zajimavy?

And I will be in Angeles city from fifteenth to twenty eighth Sept. I normally hang out in Mo's for breakfast (It is great for watching the world go by). Look for the balding middle aged Aussie with glasses.

Rubbery

NormanBrightside
09-10-07, 18:49
Dobry Den Rubbery,

Well that's the extent of my Czech. I'll look out for you in Mo's. If you see a English guy who looks like a cross between Mr Bean and Robbie Williams (I can see the Mr Bean myself but Robbie Williams) then that will be me.

Cheers,

Norman

Ahoj Normane,

Byl jsem taky v Praze i taky v Brne. Preferuji Privaty protoze Kluby jsou moc drahy. Nebyl jsem v K5. Je zajimavy?

And I will be in Angeles city from fifteenth to twenty eighth Sept. I normally hang out in Mo's for breakfast (It is great for watching the world go by). Look for the balding middle aged Aussie with glasses.

Rubbery

North Neighbour
09-11-07, 20:36
Hi all,

I arrived in Manila yesterday. I'll be living here for a while, passively checking out the P4P scene (mongering is not the main reason for my trip). If anyone is in the area and wants to put together a night out, let me know in this section and perhaps we can name a time and place.

I am also thinking of visiting AC one of these upcoming weekends, so if anyone wants to put together a nice night or two over there, let me know. I've only had one mongering trip (Pattaya), so I'm relatively new to the whole experience. I'm open to hanging out with other newbies or veterans who can impart some valuable knowledge.

Cheers guys!

NN

Buko Max
09-11-07, 23:51
Hey Guys! I am fairly new to Cebu but I am going to be working here for a while and I need a guide. I live in Mandaue but will be relocating to Soong, Mactan. Send me an email with contact info.

The only experience I have had Mongering is in Manila at MP's and a few KTV's. I like the info on meeting up at malls.

And by the way, anyone know where I can find Guiness on tap around here? At least in a can. The bottles really suck!
Hello,

We would like to help you out but you need to buy a subscription in order to get in contact with ISG members. I'm not positive if they serve it but try the Kiwi Lodge for Guiness. In general the beer selection in Philippines is limited.

Crazy Ami
09-12-07, 16:12
Hello all,

I will be in the glorious Angeles from late tomorrow night (Sep. 13) to the 20th. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink and night out (I met with DevilDoc from the forum last visit, and had a blast), PM me.

Back to packing my bags..

Rubberyman
09-13-07, 11:44
Hi Crazy,

Being a tightwad I can't PM, but I am going to be there from sixteenth to the end of the month.

I do Mo's for breakfast. (Need to build up the reserves).

Balding middleaged and with glasses Aussie.

Rubbery

Dong Hi
09-14-07, 10:20
Bros,

I'm arriving in AC for a long weekend in on 9/21. Never been to AC, but looking forward to it. Anybody want to meet for a beer and give some advice to a newbie, its on me, the beer that is.

DH

Pathologic
09-20-07, 04:06
I recently travelled by Superferry from Manila to Cebu. 27 hour trip. Took Superferry 19, a suite room, cost PHP4,000 (PHP3,800 booking in advance), good for 2 people. Cabin was excellent value, clean and comfortable with TV, ref and aircon, 3 meals included.

The vessel has a beer lounge/disco, which sold cold San Mig draft for PHP40, where everyone congregates at night for karaoke and general socialising. Many ladies, but usually part of a family or group of friends. Not ideal mongering territory, but possibilities existed.

Suites share a private deck with the other suites. A great place to escape for a quiet drink. Beers and Tanduay can be purchased from the onboard shop at street prices. Large promenade deck offered a great opportunity to chat to a few honeyko's.

Excellent views of islands along the way, dolphins galore.

Yes - flying is half the price and takes significantly longer, but the ferry experience was well worth it. Strolling around the vessel, meeting fellow Filipino travellers, sharing in their everyday experience was just as much fun as the disco. Highly recommend it.

Robbaf
09-20-07, 11:05
On the superferry, I heard from locals that the ships are oversold and sometimes the crew will lets people/cars on board for pocket money. That is why they lose a lot of them to sinking.

How was your Superferry? Did it seem safe? Oversold?

Thanks
Robb

Speed Touch
09-21-07, 17:43
i'll be in manila and angeles for a week from 23rd this month - if anyone's around to show me the bars etc send me a pm.

speed touch

Pathologic
09-22-07, 11:54
On the superferry, I heard from locals that the ships are oversold and sometimes the crew will lets people/cars on board for pocket money. That is why they lose a lot of them to sinking.

How was your Superferry? Did it seem safe? Oversold?

Thanks
Robb

Can't say whether the particular vessel I travelled on was oversold, but I doubt it since there were spare bunks and I didn't see anyone sleeping in aisles or public areas. Maybe I travelled in the low season. Access to the terminal is controlled. You need to show your ticket before accessing the ferry terminal area, then again at security to get into the ferry terminal, then again at the boarding gate, then again as you board the vessel. Also, there was a random ticket check during the journey, where everyone had to return to their cabin/bunk to have their ticket checked.

The vessel appeared perfectly safe. Plenty of life rafts, buoyancy vests in the cabin, evacuation procedures, etc.

Robbaf
09-22-07, 22:45
The vessel appeared perfectly safe. Plenty of life rafts, buoyancy vests in the cabin, evacuation procedures, etc.
Thanks for the information. I think maybe I need to try that.

Robb

Wander Luster
09-23-07, 02:32
I recently travelled by Superferry from Manila to Cebu. 27 hour trip. Took Superferry 19, a suite room, cost PHP4,000 (PHP3,800 booking in advance), good for 2 people. Cabin was excellent value, clean and comfortable with TV, ref and aircon, 3 meals included.

The vessel has a beer lounge/disco, which sold cold San Mig draft for PHP40, where everyone congregates at night for karaoke and general socialising. Many ladies, but usually part of a family or group of friends. Not ideal mongering territory, but possibilities existed.

Suites share a private deck with the other suites. A great place to escape for a quiet drink. Beers and Tanduay can be purchased from the onboard shop at street prices. Large promenade deck offered a great opportunity to chat to a few honeyko's.

Excellent views of islands along the way, dolphins galore.

Yes - flying is half the price and takes significantly longer, but the ferry experience was well worth it. Strolling around the vessel, meeting fellow Filipino travellers, sharing in their everyday experience was just as much fun as the disco. Highly recommend it.

That is just AWESOME advice. I once shared a private cabin on a ferry for about 6 hours and we just fucked..time went by quickly....boats can be great in PH if they don't sink!

Blink157
09-23-07, 08:47
Can't say whether the particular vessel I travelled on was oversold, but I doubt it since there were spare bunks and I didn't see anyone sleeping in aisles or public areas. Maybe I travelled in the low season. Access to the terminal is controlled. You need to show your ticket before accessing the ferry terminal area, then again at security to get into the ferry terminal, then again at the boarding gate, then again as you board the vessel. Also, there was a random ticket check during the journey, where everyone had to return to their cabin/bunk to have their ticket checked.

The vessel appeared perfectly safe. Plenty of life rafts, buoyancy vests in the cabin, evacuation procedures, etc.Hi,

I also tried superfery once or twice when I went to Boracay. Departed from Manila with my gf from AC. then to Kalibo. I think 14 hours or so. After Boracay when I brought my gf to the airport in kataclan to send he rback to ac for work, I took bus to Ilo Ilo (5 hours crazy ride) and then another ferry (very slow) to Cebu from Ilo ILo..

I realy liked the ride. Superferry is one of the bigger ferrys so all in all they ok. I also had a cabin. Gud for some privacy. Really loved the ride I'm doing it again when I'm longer in the PI. Its very romantic. Just avoid doing this in typhoon season

Happy hunting

X Man
09-23-07, 16:51
Are you kidding? Typhoon season is the best time! You get a room, transportation and a roller coaster ride all for one low price.

I don't know what a superferry does, but a 4k ton destroyer does some interesting things. Rides up a wave, then freefalls into the trough....buries it's nose into the next wave coming, and then vibrates like hell as it's buoyancy fights against the tons of water that have landed on top of it.

And back in my seaman days, I seem to recall it was kind of hard to sleep when the ship was doing 20degree plus rolls. That's great if you have a bed partner... You'll be awake all night!

Oh wait. I forgot, some people get seasick. And when you get to 35degree rolls...it might be hard to stay on the bed, much less walk or do anything else.

And then there were those 40+ degree rolls. That's when Davey Jones get a bit too close....

X Man

hi,
I realy liked the ride...superferry is one of the bigger ferrys so all in all they ok. I also had a cabin...gud for some privacy....really loved the ride IM doing it again when Im longer in the PI. its very romantic..Just avoid doing this in typhoon season :D

Happy hunting

IgoforAsian
09-24-07, 05:58
Hey guys, I am making my first trip to the Phil in Jan (6-19) with an old buddy of mine. I have been to other countries SE Asia before and sampled a few of their local lovelies, but this time I am really looking forward to some full out fun in the Phil, because for some reason I really dig Filipinas!

I am interested in P4P of course, but also hoping to score with the semi-pros, free-lancers, part-timer types as they intrigue me more than the seasoned pros. Is LA café still the place for the free-lancers? I have RTFF, but would appreciate your advice. Since we only have two weeks, we don't mind spending a few $$ to maximize our limited time. Should we stay in manila or is still worth the trip to AC? Which part of Manila is best, Malate or Makati? Hotel suggestions? (4 star and up). Are the higher end hotels still girl-friendly?

We also want to do some beach stuff, a bit of snorkeling, etc. Maybe a few days in Boracay would be in order? Lonely Planet suggests a trip to Palawan, is it worth it? I suspect the girlie action is somewhat limited in Palawan, is that right? How much are flights to the islands? Probably fairly cheap? Is it Ok to wait until we get to Manila to book the island hops?

Advice greatly appreciated. If anybody wants to hook up during this time, please PM me.

Cheers,

Igo4asian

Blink157
09-24-07, 07:24
And back in my seaman days, I seem to recall it was kind of hard to sleep when the ship was doing 20degree plus rolls. That's great if you have a bed partner. You'll be awake all night!

X ManBusted!

Talking about your bed partner in the gud ole days during a storm, eheheehe. Its ok I understand. Many month on a ship, no women. Young men in boxer shorts. Beer. It can happen: the

Sorry, can't resists to post this. No offense. : the

Happy hunting!

Blink

Pathologic
09-30-07, 01:43
LA Cafe is (3 weeks ago) still going strong with freelancers. Difficult to get a seat a times, even around noon. Without trying to be 'precious', the smoke is pretty bad. Stings the eyes, but worth putting up with for a while. G-Point just down the road is a bit quieter and also a freelancer hangout. Great food, with an excellent all you can eat lunch for about PHP190.

I met a guy in there that had just returned from a week in Palawan. Not renowned for its safety, he said he had no probs whatsoever, great beaches and no probs with finding P4P.

IMHO AC is worth the effort for a few nights if only for the sheer concentration of clubs and girls. Baloy Beach (close to Olongapo and Barrio Baretto) is also worth a few days as a more laid back side trip.

Hotels, flights, etc - plenty of info on this site. Personally, I'd book the island trips when you're there.

Have a great time.

.....Is LA café still the place for the free-lancers? I have RTFF, but would appreciate your advice. Since we only have two weeks, we don't mind spending a few $$ to maximize our limited time. Should we stay in manila or is still worth the trip to AC? Which part of Manila is best, Malate or Makati? Hotel suggestions? (4 star and up). Are the higher end hotels still girl-friendly?

We also want to do some beach stuff, a bit of snorkeling, etc. Maybe a few days in Boracay would be in order? Lonely Planet suggests a trip to Palawan, is it worth it? I suspect the girlie action is somewhat limited in Palawan, is that right? How much are flights to the islands? Probably fairly cheap? Is it Ok to wait until we get to Manila to book the island hops? ......
Cheers,

Igo4asian

IgoforAsian
09-30-07, 08:36
Thnaks for the advice Kalahari!

Anybody else has good advice?

Filou47
10-01-07, 08:50
I will be in Manila from Friday afternoon for a couple of days.

Anybody want to meet up to go to some fun places together?

Ol Timer
10-01-07, 18:47
I'm planning a trip the day after Christmas up until around the 10th of Jan. Is that peak travel time or would I be able to grab a cheap flight if I book now?

Ol Timer

Finrod
10-02-07, 07:09
The first date is definitely peak travel or close to it. The further into the new year you stay, the better price you might get on the return. No cheap flights around the holidays, in any case. If cheap flights are your priority, best wait until after January 10 or so before you go.

GermanBoy 2
10-15-07, 20:47
Hi guys

I will arrive in manila at November 12, trying to have a bit more then two relaxed vacation weeks. Till now I haven't bokked any hotels and I do not have exact plans where to go next. Think it depends to weather at the islands. And people I am going to meet.

I am searching a mixture between relaxed sunshine vacation and some nice contacts. Right now I work to get some numbers from the web, so lets see if this will be successfull.

If there is anybody outside to join a beer it would be a pleasure for me to meet you. And I think hunting with a wingman is not a mistake.

Would be nice to hear from you. Cheers

Dacian
10-18-07, 15:35
Hi Guys,

I'm in A/C for three days as of today the 18th oct if anyone is interested in catching up for a beer and a bar hop. Feel free to drop me a line. Take care.

Kanpo
10-31-07, 05:58
Hi,

I’m planning my first trip to the Philippines and Thailand coming from Los Angeles probably towards the end of November until the money runs out. I should have at least $7k US and will be wanting to make it stretch. I think at a minimum I would like to go to Angeles City, Pattaya and Phuket.

Right now I’m looking for advice on travel arrangements and visas. I would like to have as much flexibility in my arrangements as possible; i.e. be able to stay in one place for a while if I like it or move on to the next. I know this would probably be the most expensive way to handle things in terms of air fare and the cheapest would be to lock in an itinerary and stick with it. I’m wondering what my alternatives are. Should I pick a place to go first, such as AC with a cheap return ticket and then book a flight to Thailand from there, or are there “Round the world” options or what? From what I can gather now, visas aren’t required for Thailand or Philippines as long as you have ongoing travel tickets. Is that right? What if you don’t have an ongoing flight?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Fast Eddie 48
10-31-07, 07:15
Hi,

I’m planning my first trip to the Philippines and Thailand coming from Los Angeles probably towards the end of November until the money runs out. I should have at least $7k US and will be wanting to make it stretch. I think at a minimum I would like to go to Angeles City, Pattaya and Phuket.

Right now I’m looking for advice on travel arrangements and visas. I would like to have as much flexibility in my arrangements as possible; i.e. be able to stay in one place for a while if I like it or move on to the next. I know this would probably be the most expensive way to handle things in terms of air fare and the cheapest would be to lock in an itinerary and stick with it. I’m wondering what my alternatives are. Should I pick a place to go first, such as AC with a cheap return ticket and then book a flight to Thailand from there, or are there “Round the world” options or what? From what I can gather now, visas aren’t required for Thailand or Philippines as long as you have ongoing travel tickets. Is that right? What if you don’t have an ongoing flight?

Thanks for the help, guys.Kanpo,

If you have a US passport you don't need a visa but make sure your passport is good for 6 month when you enter Philippines with 7k USD it should last you 2 month at angeles and Thailand if your airline ticket is already paid for, you can stay in angeles and Pattaya at a budget of $50 usd a day included food, girl and hotel Bangkok and manila will cost you alot more, you can get a round trip ticket from LA to Thailand for about 950 usd in nov and Bangkok to manila round trip is about 260 usd.

Fast eddie 48

Dan Hawaii
10-31-07, 10:14
Hi,

You should ask your travel agent about your flight plans and costs. But I know that it is not too much more expensive to just pick destinations with out the return flight. Such as, fly to PI, then Thailand, then etc... then return home. Kind of like world hoping. I do not know if changing your flight schedule is going to cost more for penalties, But I know that return flights from China can be changed without penalties with Japan Airlines and China Ailrlines, ... might depend on the airlines and destinations. Again, ask your travel agent. Other than flight prices, hotels no need advance reservations, unless there is a major event or holiday in that area.

Buko Max
11-02-07, 14:12
Hello Gents,

Will be in various locales this month making my way to AC around Nov. 15.
If anyone wants to get together and rule in a few bars, please PM me!

Prince2
11-02-07, 20:22
Fellas

Making my 4th trip but will be traveling solo this time so if anyone is around for a barhop or 2 give me a shout

cheers

X Man
11-05-07, 13:10
You know, after reading a post like this once, then twice, then thinking about it a while...I already felt like I wasted a whole bunch of time for nothing!

Where are you coming from, what the hell do you want to do and what do you want to spend? I guess the poster doesn't know himself.

When it comes to air travel, your best destination is BKK. Go there and vist a travel agent and ask her the same questions.

Better yet, just stay in Thailand. Once you're there, I guarantee you won't want to leave.

X Man

Hi,

Don Roberts
11-06-07, 09:09
I am in Cebu again, for a few months- I have been spending winters here for the last 5 or 6 years. I will visit a few of the neighboring islands, & make some out of country trips- Maybe Singapore, Bali, Angkor Wat- not sure where yet. I hope to get my boat in the water before the end of this month- I've had it 2 years & only been out 3 or 4 times- each time with breakdowns involving lot's of oily smoke & steam, so we put it up on blocks & are giving it an engine transplant & general overhaul. As they say, "A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money in...".

Reasonably sane ISG'ers welcome to PM me for possible get togethers- I am in my late 60's, unattractive, socially inept, missing teeth etc- your normal Cebu-based expat- but I can still hobble out to have a good time occasionally if I can sneak out from under the watchful gaze of my lovely filipina live-in- She says she loves me- I love her beautiful ass.

Regards,

Don

Cheap Meat
11-14-07, 23:11
Hi all. My name is cheap meat. I'm here to shag girls on the cheap. I travel for long stretches of time, so I need to keep costs down. I'm interested in mongering in the Philippines, but I'm in need of some budget accomodation. By budget, I mean $12 or less a night. I know that's low, but I'd be staying for at least a month, so I could rent an apartment or condo perhaps. Anybody know if there are any cheap places to stay like that in angeles city or manilla? I've stayed in Pattaya and phnom penh and they have loads of cheap places to stay at. Thanks all.

Cheap meat

Iainmore
11-25-07, 03:15
Hi to all!

Been looking at a list of vaccinations as I am going to be in Cebu and Visayas next March!The recommended list looks a bit excessive!Do any of you guys have any advice on what I should get and what I dont really need?I will be out in some of the provinces for some of the time!Also is there any point to anti malarials!Had those in Thailand this year and guess what - I did not need them as I did not get a single mossie bite!Even though I was out in some of the national parks for a bit in between stooling around Sukhovit and Pattaya to see what was on offer!

MrFantastik
12-04-07, 09:34
Someone in Angeles for a beer?

I will stay at Pacific Breeze

Buko Max
12-04-07, 11:34
Do any of you guys have any advice on what I should get and what I dont really need?
All you really need is Hepatitus because it is endemic in the Philippines. Forget the rest unless your going to spend weeks in the bush. Hopefully, you will be concentrating on the other bush. :rolleyes:

Robbaf
12-04-07, 11:53
Also is there any point to anti malarials!Had those in Thailand this year and guess what - I did not need them as I did not get a single mossie bite!
I just got back from 7 months in the Visayas and I know of two Americans who caught Dengue Fever from mosquitoe bites while I was there. They lived, but they were really sick for about two weeks. I took Doxycycline seven days before I left and continued until I returned and I had no problems.
On the other hand, I spent 40 days in 2005 and 30 days in 2006 in Bataan/AC/Manila and I didn't take anything and I didn't get sick.

Robb

Mistalava
12-04-07, 19:02
Unfortunately, there is no vaccine for Dengue. I prefer to play it safe and go with a thorough menu of vaccines, which will give me some peace of mind for years to come. See the CDC and WHO sites for info about the prevalence of diseases in various countries. Note, it is difficult to make a blanket statement about any particular disease "being rampant". This is a very regional thing within each country and often depends on recent weather patterns.

I live by the motto "Only the Paranoid Survive", so here is what I go with:

1. Twinrix - Hep A & B in one vaccine. Need 3 doses. Two are sufficient prior to travel.

2. Oral Typhoid - 4 capsules over 8 days.

3. Flu Shot - Based on world standard.

4. Tetanus Booster - If more than 10 years since last booster.

5. Adult Polio Booster - Yes polio still exists. One shot.

6. Japanese Encephalitis - Two or three shots (I forget). Very nasty disease with swelling of the brain.

7. Rx for Cipro.

8. Rx for Doxy/Tetracycline.

9. Rx for Malarone - Taken before and during stay in areas known to have moderate to high malaria rates.

I went to a specialist at UCLA Medical Center who deals strictly with Travel & Tropical Medicine. I figure I'll go through this once and be done with it. My travel plans include long term stays and multiple visits. Plus you get a small booklet, International Certificate of Vaccinations for handy record keeping.

If I were just going on a short trip I might not go with everything. The HEP A&B is a *must*, especially given our hobby.

Traveler1234
12-04-07, 20:49
Mistalava:

Excellent recommendations, my only comment would be to consider substituting #7 & 8 cipro & dox/tetracy with zithro (1 gm or 2 gm) :)

And a box of condoms.....LOL

Been There
12-05-07, 00:30
My two cents only guys and that is probably what it is worth though I do have some medical background - there are side effects to many vaccinations and though serious ones are rare so are many of the diseases you are considering vaccination from. I spent about 3 years all up in Philippines and traveled throughout the islands and took antimalarials for only the first three weeks! That was because the drug - in combination with dehydration due to the climate etc - had caused my kidneys to have severe impairment of function and actually almost killed me! Have no fear that drug is no longer on the market having killed several people. In a similar vein I met a French guy who was paranoid as hell and took every vaccination/drug known to man. Spent three weeks in Palawan, long sleeved shirts, mosquito nets, etc and arrived back in Manila with malaria. Around the same time I met a Norwegian guy who took no antimalarials and had just spent 6 weeks in Palawan sleeping on beaches dressed in shorts and t-shirt and drinking his way around the island as Norwegians generally do and he was fine. I agree you need to investigate it thoroughly but remember drug companies are businesses and they will always use scare tactics in an attempt to sell their products. So just make sure you get the best unbiased info and weigh up the risks. Ok, that'll be two cents, pay my receptionist! :)

Amavida
12-05-07, 09:40
Unfortunately, there is no vaccine for Dengue. I prefer to play it safe and go with a thorough menu of vaccines, which will give me some peace of mind for years to come. See the CDC and WHO sites for info about the prevalence of diseases in various countries. Note, it is difficult to make a blanket statement about any particular disease "being rampant". This is a very regional thing within each country and often depends on recent weather patterns.

I live by the motto "Only the Paranoid Survive", so here is what I go with:

1. Twinrix - Hep A & B in one vaccine. Need 3 doses. Two are sufficient prior to travel.

2. Oral Typhoid - 4 capsules over 8 days.

3. Flu Shot - Based on world standard.

4. Tetanus Booster - If more than 10 years since last booster.

5. Adult Polio Booster - Yes polio still exists. One shot.

6. Japanese Encephalitis - Two or three shots (I forget). Very nasty disease with swelling of the brain.

7. Rx for Cipro.

8. Rx for Doxy/Tetracycline.

9. Rx for Malarone - Taken before and during stay in areas known to have moderate to high malaria rates.

I went to a specialist at UCLA Medical Center who deals strictly with Travel & Tropical Medicine. I figure I'll go through this once and be done with it. My travel plans include long term stays and multiple visits. Plus you get a small booklet, International Certificate of Vaccinations for handy record keeping.

If I were just going on a short trip I might not go with everything. The HEP A&B is a *must*, especially given our hobby.

With the greatest respects I think in my professional opinion you should re-oroder the list as follows.

1) condoms, Condoms!, CONDOMS!!!!

2) Tropical strength Mosquito repellant & if you are staying away from the cities, Mosquito Nets for sleeping.

3) Doxycline capsules. 50mg once daily will give protection from Malaria AND coincidentally Chalmydia. Caution : long term use is harmful to your liver. Take AFTER food or you will have severe stomach discomfort.

4) All pertinent vaccinations as per the list above.
J.E. is likely in provincial mosquito infested areas around where pigs are kept.

As a travel kit, you can take a small supply of Rulide for respiratory infectons. Fasgyn for amobeic tummy infections. A small supply of Immodium for diarrhea, maxolon for vomiting. Some oral rehydration tablets for reconstituting into water.

I strongly advise you NOT to go carrying around boxes of Ciprofloxacin or Azithromycin unless you are medically trained. If you are THAT sick go to a doctor or go home & go to a doctor. Inappropriate use of Antibiotics can do more harm than good.

Any competeant GP can set you up with vaccinations & a travel kit.

Happy mongering
Amavida

X Man
12-05-07, 14:49
Well, three years in Phil., I hope you'll be posting more stuff. This one is pretty good info...and I tend to agree. Of course maybe some of us are healthier than others. I've been abusing my body for nearly half a century and I'm still in pretty good shape.

If anyone has been to Taal volcano (south of Manila), you are strongly encouraged to rent a horse/guide for the ride up the hill. Hell with that, I hiked up to the Taal Volcano viewpoint...and had to slow down so that my 24 yr-old Filipina could catch up. Had two fat foreigners coming down the trail on their horses tell me it's way too difficult...rent a horse. It might have been the same guy here at ISG who recommended taking a taxi from Mango Hotel to the Cebu nightlife.

Neverhtheless, the comments here got me to research a bit about hepatitis. Some web sites say it is highly contagious, others say it's very unlikely to contract it thru sexual intercourse. I'll guess I'll have to keep reading.

X Man

My two cents only guys and that is probably what it is worth though I do have some medical background - there are side effects to many vaccinations and though serious ones are rare so are many of the diseases you are considering vaccination from. I spent about 3 years all up in Philippines and traveled throughout the islands and took antimalarials for only the first three weeks! That was because the drug - in combination with dehydration due to the climate etc - had caused my kidneys to have severe impairment of function and actually almost killed me! Have no fear that drug is no longer on the market having killed several people. In a similar vein I met a French guy who was paranoid as hell and took every vaccination/drug known to man. Spent three weeks in Palawan, long sleeved shirts, mosquito nets, etc and arrived back in Manila with malaria. Around the same time I met a Norwegian guy who took no antimalarials and had just spent 6 weeks in Palawan sleeping on beaches dressed in shorts and t-shirt and drinking his way around the island as Norwegians generally do and he was fine. I agree you need to investigate it thoroughly but remember drug companies are businesses and they will always use scare tactics in an attempt to sell their products. So just make sure you get the best unbiased info and weigh up the risks. Ok, that'll be two cents, pay my receptionist! :)

Mistalava
12-05-07, 15:58
Mistalava:

Excellent recommendations, my only comment would be to consider substituting #7 & 8 cipro & dox/tetracy with zithro (1 gm or 2 gm) :)

And a box of condoms.....LOL

Co-sign on the condoms... Doh! An oversight on my part because they are SOP for me, as is a good slathering of DEET insect repellent. I also carry a Zithromax dose-pack, as you suggested.

Sammon
12-05-07, 15:59
I just want to let everybody know I met a german guy on the bus to AC from Manila who contracted some kind of rare deisease which people get from eating half cooked chickens. No it is not Bird flu. He said he lives in some province and settled in PHI. This has severely disabled him and he goes often to Germany to get treated for this.
The moral is not to eat at unsanitory hotels and roadside stalls.

Bilbo Baggins
12-06-07, 02:38
I just want to let everybody know I met a german guy on the bus to AC from Manila who contracted some kind of rare deisease which people get from eating half cooked chickens. No it is not Bird flu. He said he lives in some province and settled in PHI. This has severely disabled him and he goes often to Germany to get treated for this.
The moral is not to eat at unsanitory hotels and roadside stalls.
Seems like he might have got Guillain-Barre syndrome and now has the chronic form CIDP. The Campylobacter jejuni bacteria which gives you food poisoning can be found in chicken meat and bottled water you can get this in any country.

FYI

Campylobacter jejuni is now recognised as one of the main causes of bacterial foodborne disease in many developed countries.

Campylobacter is a type of bacteria found in the intestines of many of our pets, barnyard animals, birds, and some humans. Bacteria pass through their intestines and cycle through the environment. Campylobacter is the leading cause of diarrhea here in the United States. It is easily destroyed by cooking foods thoroughly and drinking treated water.

It takes only a small number of these bacteria to cause an illness in some people. Illness from contaminated food or water produces symptoms within 2 to 5 days and can last for 7 to 10 days. Twenty-five percent of all people who get this illness have a relapse. Symptoms include fever, headache, and muscle pain. These symptoms are followed by diarrhea, stomach pain, and nausea. Most cases are self limiting and don’t need to be treated with antibiotics. But, in severe cases of diarrhea, antibiotics are needed. Complications include: meningitis, urinary tract infections, arthritis, and Gullian-Barre syndrome.

The most common sources of Campylobacter are contaminated water, raw milk or meat, and undercooked meats. And, it might also be found on your pet’s coat so wash your hands after petting your animals. About 20% or more of chicken found in grocery stores is contaminated with Campylobacter. And, 50% of diarrhea is caused by eating improperly cooked chicken or recontaminated chicken.

Other sources of contamination include drinking untreated water from lakes and streams or drinking unpasteurized milk and other dairy products. Always use proper food handling procedures for raw foods. Refrigerate meat at 40° F or freeze it. Cook meat and poultry to 160° F to kill bacteria. Avoid cross contamination of raw meat with cooked or ready-to-eat foods. Place your cooked poultry or meat on a clean plate using clean cooking utensils. Don't use the ones that you used with the raw poultry or meat without washing them in hot, soapy water first.

The lesson here to avoid this illness is to refrigerate your meat or poultry properly, avoid cross-contamination, and cook it thoroughly.
Campylobacter infects about 50,000 people a year in England and Wales, far more than better-known organisms such as salmonella. Yet until the mid-Seventies it was virtually unheard of. epidemiologist Dr Meirion Evans.
"Drinking bottled water has not previously been recognized as a risk factor. But it is biologically plausible and could explain a substantial number of infections."

Campylobacter causes stomach pains and diarrhea. But one in 1,000 sufferers develops Guillain-Barre syndrome, which can lead to total paralysis. One in 20,000 dies. Most cases had been linked with eating undercooked chicken, or uncooked foods contaminated by raw chicken.

Scientists from the University of Wales in Cardiff investigated more than 200 cases of food poisoning. The results, in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, reveal that up to 12 per cent of cases could be attributed to bottled water, 30 per cent to contaminated chicken and 21 per cent to salad.

Now on a happier note my doctor says if I'm going to the Philippines I'll need a rabies shot how important is this?

Been There
12-06-07, 09:03
Well, three years in Phil., I hope you'll be posting more stuff. This one is pretty good info...and I tend to agree. Of course maybe some of us are healthier than others. I've been abusing my body for nearly half a century and I'm still in pretty good shape.

X Man

Yes m8 I will post anytime I feel I have something to contribute. But I haven't been in PI for a decade and I know that often old info is worse than no info at all because of the preconceptions it can create. Thats the beauty of this forum, being able to get the latest info and as I am going to be arriving there early January it has already been of some assistance.

And I can relate to the 'abusing your body' comment m8. Almost 50 summers here too and I have led an. Interesting and full life. And until now I have been known to climb a volcano or two! Hibok-Hibok was fun in the rain! I believe if you don't use it you lose it. LOL. That's why so many Aussie, European and American guys got no balls! Pussy whipped by their wives!

As to Hep A and B sexual contact is definetely a risk. Especially B. A is more commonly male to male as it is faeces borne. Enough said! But you need several months and 3 shots for maximum protection against Hep B and anyway I'm thinking. Without a certificate of virginity and a full medical screening. Bareback is, unfortunately, out of the question. And I wouldn't confine that to the Philippines but anywhere I was considering a one off one night stand with a girl I didn't know really well. In the 80's I screwed bareback all around Australia and Asia and never got a disease. Had a few bargirls in there but mostly GF's. Then came back to Australia, met a nice country girl who gave me chlamydia! Like pissing razorblades! LOL

These days you are risking too much going bareback. Antibiotic resistant strains of gonorrheoa are known in PI also. Difficult and expensive to treat. And AIDS hasn't gone away, particularly in Thailand. I would definetely recommend bringing your own supply of condoms to be sure you got the thinnest, most comfortable possible to enjoy the experience. Not sure what the local supply is like but going from other products available there they are probably Russian Army surplus from the Cold War!

Nvslim
12-06-07, 12:17
I just want to let everybody know I met a german guy on the bus to AC from Manila who contracted some kind of rare deisease which people get from eating half cooked chickens. When I was mongering in the PI in the mid-1980s, I contracted NSU twice. Its a slow drip of yellow fluid from the penis similar to VD. Lab tests can confirm which one. You can get it from poorly cooked food, water (swimming pools) and sex. My boss at the time was faithfully married and got it from the beer (I believed him). Tetrycycline for two weeks knocked it out. Only problem, no alcohol while taking the cure. My two doses had two things in common. Sidewalk BBQs and hotel pool.

Slim

Amavida
12-07-07, 04:28
Now on a happier note my doctor says if I'm going to the Philippines I'll need a rabies shot how important is this?

BB forget about pretreatment for rabies.
It is ineffective.
If you are bitten by dog or other animal go get treatment, otherwise don't worry.
People with dogs & cats SHOULD have their animals treated (but dont of course).

Happy mongering
Amavida

Rosco4444
12-16-07, 00:18
Anyone flying solo in AC between above dates? I am looking for a wingman and the first 2 beers are on me. Pacific Breeze. Cheers and happy mongering. Stay safe. Rosco.

Cenoteguy
12-16-07, 16:17
Attn All Mongerers:

We (about 7 if us) will be looking to join others on mongering adventures combined with scuba diving every morning ( 2 tanks). This is a "dive club trip", but alot of us are mongering too.

Any advice, recommendations, private talent/bars/casas, etc. would be appreciated.

We are open to anything. Just got back from Rio last Nov (read my post) and had a blast - never had chinese chicken before? Anything like the "termas" of Brazil there? Do filipinas like group sex/orgies?

Cenoteguy

Long Island, New York

Drignotum
12-24-07, 18:18
Headed out to manila for new years then to AC for a few days then to. I dunno, maybe subic or wherever I decide. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink and some laughs, pm me. My mate lost his passport so I will be hitting the town solo.

Towelboy2010
12-29-07, 06:57
I am coming to Angeles for a few days the beginning of March. No firm plans yet. My buddy who was supposed to join me bailed due to knee surgery, so I am once again coming alone. I have been there twice and both times solo. I was looking forward to having someone to barhop with. Anyone coming that wants to hang out? I'm 52 and love the fun. Thanks, Bob

Mwgmwg
01-06-08, 23:57
After many trips to other SEA countries (TH, Cambodia, VN, Malaysia, SIN, HKG, Indo), this is my first trip to PI. I am taking 3 weeks to check out PI. Arrive/depart MNL, going to AC, Cebu, Boracay, it is all up in the air!

I will get a PI mobile SIM card in MNL.

I expect to spend a short time in MNL and then go to AC where I will consider how to do the rest of the trip. AC seems like a good place to start.

Dafacer
01-07-08, 05:04
Hey guys, I get in later this week and plan to stay a long while. Beyond hot asian chicks, I'm looking for drinking buddies, and a longterm furnished/safe apartment. Places to eat, maid services, on and on and on...

Staying at Central Park until I find a place...Any advise appreciated...1st round on me if your around!

Rwk3137
01-09-08, 22:10
I am coming to MNL then General Santos Feb 6th and staying until Feb 28th.

I am a big guy and quite frankly the idea of being "shoe horned" into a 17" Northwest seat doesn't appeal to me.

Any personal experiences on which carriers offer the best economy seating and or service. It's been 10 years since I traveled internationally and I know that many carriers service and accommodations are just slightly better than cattle cars!!!

I can depart from LAX / SFO or ORD

THANKS 4 YOUR FEEDBACK,

Rwk3137

Rosco4444
01-10-08, 12:29
Well fellow mongers. 3 days to wheels up and lookin forward to leaving some DNA in AC. Anyone looking to share some bar hopping give me a yell. I could do with a wingman.

Dinghy
01-10-08, 18:10
EVA doesn't go from Chicago - but they have "Evergreen Deluxe" which is a biz seat with coach food. Better for "fat asses" (like mine) Price is a bit higher than coach but a lot less that biz. (LAX, SFO, EWR, LAS? <- don't know about that one for sure, departures)

Connect thru Taiwan, though (which is good or bad, depending on your perspective)

Jaimito Cartero
01-13-08, 19:38
KLM has some super cheap fares from Helsinki at this moment. It's probably a mistake, so if you're interested, you might want to jump on it RIGHT NOW. Seems they priced it in the local currency instead of Euros.

$300-$400 US RT (appox). Fly Jan 17-Jun 15. You may have to search HEL-AMS-MNL to get the right pricing to pop up. There must be V class availability, as well, so it might take a little bit of digging.

Also works to Hong Kong and Singapore.

Sean EZ
01-13-08, 20:50
As ridiculous as it may sound I get a price of $319 with taxes included for this itenerary.. the question is getting from NYC to HEL. Thanks for the info!

Sean EZ
01-13-08, 21:01
I am a big guy and quite frankly the idea of being "shoe horned" into a 17" Northwest seat doesn't appeal to me.

Seat comparison chart
http://www.seatguru.com/charts/intl_economy.php

Great site overall for selecting your seat
http://www.seatguru.com

Jaimito Cartero
01-13-08, 22:36
I am also a big guy. I've always found the NW FAs to be quite helpful, and I'd say that when I do have to fly coach, that I have an empty seat next to me about 90% of the time. Perhaps elite status helps, since I'm top tier, though.

In general, look for flights that aren't totally full. There are free online places you can search from. PM me, and I'll let you know. The main NW flight from LAX-MNL looks like this on your dates:

NW 1 LAX
02/06/08 11:40 AM NRT
02/07/08 4:20 PM 744
J9 C9 I0 Z9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 L9 T9 K6

NW 19 NRT
02/07/08 7:00 PM MNL
02/07/08 11:00 PM 744
J9 C9 I0 Z9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 L9 T9 K6

Pay attention to the highlighted section, which indicate the different coach fares. 9 is the highest number they display, so all 9's across, or most of the way are a good indicator that the plane won't be stuffed full.

Don't forget to check out the "Z" Biz class fares. Often you have to purchase 50 days before your flight. Sometimes you can find the nicer biz class seat for $2100-$2600. Plus you get bonus miles, and can become an elite member (bonus miles, and other perks) with just this one flight.

I am coming to MNL then General Santos Feb 6th and staying until Feb 28th.

Any personal experiences on which carriers offer the best economy seating and or service. It's been 10 years since I traveled internationally and I know that many carriers service and accommodations are just slightly better than cattle cars!!!

I can depart from LAX / SFO or ORD

THANKS 4 YOUR FEEDBACK,

Rwk3137

Jaimito Cartero
01-13-08, 22:55
As ridiculous as it may sound I get a price of $319 with taxes included for this itenerary.. the question is getting from NYC to HEL. Thanks for the info!

You can try using reward miles to get to HEL, or fly into a cheaper EU city (AMS or DUB come to mind), and then see if you can get a low fare flight from there. If the flights were good through the summer, I'd probably buy some tickets.

Any Hole
01-20-08, 18:32
I thought I was being clever flying to Hong Kong this time, as I would then get the flight with tiger airways to clark, but it seems tiger can't do it, does anyone know any other way to get to clark direct from Hong Kong/maccau, I travel mid April.

Buko Max
01-21-08, 15:20
I thought I was being clever flying to Hong Kong this time, as I would then get the flight with tiger airways to clark, but it seems tiger can't do it, does anyone know any other way to get to clark direct from Hong Kong/maccau, I travel mid April.
Hello AH,

Of course Tiger can do it! On that particular route, you can only make reservations two months in advance, or something to that effect.

Have a great trip!

Any Hole
01-21-08, 21:35
Hello AH,

Of course Tiger can do it! On that particular route, you can only make reservations two months in advance, or something to that effect.

Have a great trip!Thanks Mattrick,

You have saved me from that miserable trip to and from Manilla Airport

Jambo
01-25-08, 12:49
I noticed Cathay Pacific is flying direct to Davao from Hong Kong now. I will try it next time.

Cathay Pacific is using an upgraded cabin on their 747-400s, at least on Manila-Hong Kong and some Hong Kong-LAX. Economy class has video on demand, a little more leg room, redesigned seats.

Kidgib9
01-25-08, 18:26
Hey guys,

I'm headed back to AC on the 15th of Feb; will be in S.E. Asia until mid Apr. Anyone interested in linking up for a brew or two PM me.

Ciao!

Kid

Buko Max
01-25-08, 19:46
For those of you who frequent the Hawaiian islands or for those who cannot tolerate transpacific flights from the US, Hawaiian Airlines will begin nonstop service from Honolulu to Manila starting April 14th, four days a week.

Aloha

Jakan
01-30-08, 19:49
I'm planning to visit CDO in a couple of weeks. Any good hotels in the city centre?

Thanks,

Jakan

Jambo
01-31-08, 15:10
I put in a post last year on hotels in Cagayan de Oro. Search below.

This month I stayed again at Mallberry Suites. Right next to the Lemketkai mall. Swanky place and not excessively expensive. You can get WiFI in the room. Bar downstairs. I think this is the newest place in town. Excellent security. Walk to lots of restaurants. Its reasonably girl friendly, just register your "wife" when you check in.

My favorite cheap place on the "beach" is still Coconut Bay Resort. Camiguin is a long trip from there, but the best beach in the area.

Jettsetter
01-31-08, 23:01
Anybody out in AC starting March 1? Will be in town for a few days... traveling solo so hanging out with some ISG'ers would be fun. I definitely can find my own fun, but sometimes it's good to check out bars with the boyz.

-Jettsetter

PM Me... I'm only there until the 4th.

Nightrider1
02-02-08, 03:03
I'm planning to visit CDO in a couple of weeks. Any good hotels in the city centre?

Thanks,

Jakan
I usually stay at Casa Christalia downtown ,about the most reasonable of any in the downtown area. Grand Hotel is another one with a restraunt if you need that. Lamarr inn is worn and buggy and the same goes for Ramon Hotel. Phil town is ok and also has a restraunt. Pyce Plaza is expensive but VERY nice but not in town. Never stayed at Dynasty court but it has recently been renovated.

Towelboy2010
02-05-08, 06:17
I plan to spend 2 days in AC. I have reservation at Pacific Breeze for March 8 & 9 or 14 & 15. My travel buddy ended up in the hospital with knee surgery so I have to go it alone again.

Anyone in town either of these dates?

PS. Will be driving up from Manila in case anyone wants to hitch a ride.

Thanks,

Bob

Buffy99
02-09-08, 02:05
I'm coming to Manila for the first time in a couple of years. I'm staying at the Shangri-la Edsa. Are there any good clubs or massage parlours within walking distance of the hotel? There are also a couple of malls close by, any one know if either is a good place to meet ladies?

Thanks

Notanocker
02-09-08, 02:57
I have RTFF and there is a bit of information, but has anyone recently ridden the SuperFerry from Manila to places such as Cebu or vv? If one books a stateroom/ suite which is about A$100 for 24 hour trips, does the 'random ticket check' carried out enroute lead to embarrassment if you 'pick up' in the disco or at the bar? And what do fellow travellers think of the chances of the latter, notwithstanding that most Filipinas travelling could be expected to be be part of a group? Do the SuperFerry staff hassle you if they think you have booked the cabin alone and they observe another person entering it with you?

Fast Eddie 48
02-10-08, 00:56
I'm coming to Manila for the first time in a couple of years. I'm staying at the Shangri-la Edsa. Are there any good clubs or massage parlours within walking distance of the hotel? There are also a couple of malls close by, any one know if either is a good place to meet ladies?

ThanksBuffy99,

Try the mall during the day you be suprise how easy to pick up freebie there and how easy a young lady will accept a offer for a free meal, At night go to p burgo many bar and massage place only 10 min by taxi .

Shangri La edsa is a nice hotel and very GF if you not ugly and dumb you should score easy.

Fast eddie 48

Porty
02-10-08, 06:03
I have RTFF and there is a bit of information, but has anyone recently ridden the SuperFerry from Manila to places such as Cebu or vv? If one books a stateroom/ suite which is about A$100 for 24 hour trips, does the 'random ticket check' carried out enroute lead to embarrassment if you 'pick up' in the disco or at the bar? And what do fellow travellers think of the chances of the latter, notwithstanding that most Filipinas travelling could be expected to be be part of a group? Do the SuperFerry staff hassle you if they think you have booked the cabin alone and they observe another person entering it with you?

Did the trip in may 2006, left around 4 am at hotel to go to terminal.
nothing much took my fancy going to cebu had return ticket. you get a good look at the passengers in the terminal before u board. had state room very good small shower comfortable good everything. booked meals not so good food. local girls take food in down stairs bar area entertainment.
did chat ot bar maid in after noon she stops at 6 pm and told me she hangs in bar. Not interested so can't tell u about girl in room all i can say is that when u book a stateroom its priced for 2 people! meaning i could take someone else at no charge ok, thats my understanding.
On my return trip had chatting with group in terminal in cebu they wanted to party all the way back to manila but as ferry was delayed !! ( 12 hours) still not arrived !! main engine broke ! so it looked like we would catch anohter one and bookins for state room problem i gotr 90% of my return ticket refunded and caught a plane back the group where sad that i could not party, Meaning there drink money was flying hehehe
its an interesting trip 30% time cells out of range also every corridor has cell phones charging hehe so funny to see hundreds of cell phones being charge in one place hehe.

Buffy99
02-12-08, 03:37
Buffy99,

Try the mall during the day you be suprise how easy to pick up freebie there and how easy a young lady will accept a offer for a free meal, At night go to p burgo many bar and massage place only 10 min by taxi .

Shangri La edsa is a nice hotel and very GF if you not ugly and dumb you should score easy.

Fast eddie 48Thanks Fast Eddie 48, I will give that a try. This is actually a working trip for me, so I will have to hit the mall in the early evening and then P Burgos later at night if I don't have any luck. Last time I was here I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, which was very convenient to the activity, but farther from the office. I'll do some searching on other reviews, but is there a recommended Massage spot in that area that has a fishbowl? I would like to try it at least one night I am there.

Thanks again for the advice.

Fifty Fifty
02-12-08, 10:29
Hi Folks,

I am previously posting on Dubai and now Kazakhstan Forums.

Shortly visiting Pi, first of all Makati from 18th Feb for a week then touring Pi for a further week. Looking at Cebu or elsewhere.

Have a few contacts with girls from other websites to check out, but if any fellow mongers are up for a beer, any PMs will be appreciated.

I will be with a mate from DXB, as far as I know not a member of ISG, but well up for a mongering session.

Tour guides and info much appreciated.

Cheers, FF

X Man
02-12-08, 11:06
50, last time I checked the Dubai / UAE site you guys had one of the best photo sections in all of ISG.

I will be in Cebu around the turn of the month. I'm expecting to head off to either Ormoc or CDO, but maybe we will cross paths.

X

Hi Folks,

I am previously posting on Dubai and now Kazakhstan Forums.

Shortly visiting Pi, first of all Makati from 18th Feb for a week then touring Pi for a further week. Looking at Cebu or elsewhere.

Have a few contacts with girls from other websites to check out, but if any fellow mongers are up for a beer, any PMs will be appreciated.

I will be with a mate from DXB, as far as I know not a member of ISG, but well up for a mongering session.

Tour guides and info much appreciated.

Cheers, FF

Fast Eddie 48
02-12-08, 23:11
Thanks Fast Eddie 48, I will give that a try. This is actually a working trip for me, so I will have to hit the mall in the early evening and then P Burgos later at night if I don't have any luck. Last time I was here I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, which was very convenient to the activity, but farther from the office. I'll do some searching on other reviews, but is there a recommended Massage spot in that area that has a fishbowl? I would like to try it at least one night I am there.

Thanks again for the advice.Buffy 99,

If you are working you don't have time to go to the mall or online web to find the freebie just go to the sauna or bar at burgo at night to get the sure thing and p4p.

Massage place offer actions at Makati

Don pedro health club near burgo

Phoenix health club at roman suite hotel 2 nd fl near ayala mall Makati

Most taxi driver know I have post report many time do a search

Massage 1000 peso tip for FS 1500 peso don't pay more than that

Fast eddie 48

Rwk3137
02-15-08, 06:35
I'm finally getting a chance to come to the Phil's but it is a working trip. I have to catch a flight first thing in the morning after a later arrrival the previous nite.

What hotel can you suggest near airport, reasonably priced and 'guest' friendly.

Thanks

Wazza88
02-15-08, 23:06
I'm finally getting a chance to come to the Phil's but it is a working trip. I have to catch a flight first thing in the morning after a later arrrival the previous nite.

What hotel can you suggest near airport, reasonably priced and 'guest' friendly.

ThanksHi Rwk,

Manila Airport Hotel. NAIA Complex. 250 metres from Arrivals. "reasonably priced". I don't know your budget and 'guest' friendly'. Do you have time to look for a girl after a late arrival and an early morning flight?

Take care, mate, enjoy your trip. BTW pm me for telephone # of hotel. Book early as I think it is still high season.

Noguera
02-19-08, 04:16
Let me make this clear from the start …… I have not RTFF !!!!!! OK … I post a good bit on the Central American forums so cut me some slack here guys.

In another month I will be taking my first trip to the Philippines. As I said, I know Central America and even used to live there as an ex-pat. But I have never been in Asia.

I will be working in Makati for 4-5 days and thought I might spend the weekend playing before flying back to the States. It looks like the best bang for your buck is to head to Angeles City and play for a couple of nights. Two initial questions ……

1- How do I travel from Makati up to Angeles City? Is there a train/metro? Then back again to the Manila airport?

2- What are the names of a couple of cheaper hotels (maybe $50-$75/night range), girl friendly, close to the women pick-up spots, clean and decent?

Would appreciate any help you guys can give me. And, very quickly I will RTFF but I am guessing there isn’t anything regarding the transportation.

Wazza88
02-19-08, 05:26
Hello Noguera,

To answer your questions,

1) Fly the Bus. Leaves from Swagman Hotel, 3 times daily.

2) Hire car. Costs about p2, 500.

The trip takes about 2.3 hours depending upon traffic.

3) Some hotels in AC.

A) Hotel Marquis ($40)

B) Sunset Gardens ($35)

C) Pacific Breeze ($70-$80)

D) Hotel Amsterdam ($60)

(a) & (b) within walking of the action.

(c) & (d) right in the heart of the action.

I hope I have been of help to you. Make your bookings ASAP a lot of the hotels are full. Enjoy your time in the Philippines and take care, always.

Hobby Knob
02-19-08, 07:30
Guys,

last year someone on this board tipped me off to EVA Airs great business class fare.

I'm heading to Manila again in June. Don't see the same deal available.

Any more secrets on good air fare? Best I have found so far is PAL fiesta class for $1200. Eva's business class last year was $900. (that was a different time of year so that may make a difference.)

Any Tips would be appreciated. I would love business class again (that was great) but not nessecary.

HK

Puerto La Cruz
02-20-08, 03:50
From where Knobber?? I just paid $1,220.00 from Chicago on Northwest for middle of March. That price was around for a few weeks.

Hobby Knob
02-20-08, 08:15
From where Knobber?? I just paid $1,220.00 from Chicago on Northwest for middle of March. That price was around for a few weeks.
oops, yeah location would be good. It would be from LAX to MNL. $1220 more than I have ever paid.

I did notice a better fare from Las vegas than L.A. Maybe a road trip first?

Bamboo Pete
02-21-08, 22:13
2- What are the names of a couple of cheaper hotels (maybe $50-$75/night range), girl friendly, close to the women pick-up spots, clean and decent?If you don't need a swimming pool or if you are ok to walk to a pool , than you could go under your limit of 50$ . I stayed several times at Apartelle Royal (upstairs of Camelot Bar) and Natalia Apartelle , and both have good rooms with indoor safe and they are in the heart of Fields. Of course , all hotels in Fields are girl friendly.

Towelboy2010
02-22-08, 04:24
I plan to spend 2 days in AC. I have reservation at Pacific Breeze for March 14 & 15. My travel buddy ended up in the hospital with knee surgery so I have to go it alone again.

Anyone in Angeles to hang out either of these dates?

Thanks, Bob

W20415
02-22-08, 11:54
Any one else going to be in Manila March 25-31st?

Planning on doing EDSA first couple days and going from there.

Easter is March 23rd. Does any one know if things will be back to normal by the 25th?

Jazzy Daddy
02-23-08, 00:08
I'll be returning back to AC from Thailand/Cambodia and staying at PB those same dates. Give me a shout here and we can hook up...
[
QUOTE=Towelboy2010]I plan to spend 2 days in AC. I have reservation at Pacific Breeze for March 14 & 15. My travel buddy ended up in the hospital with knee surgery so I have to go it alone again.

Anyone in Angeles to hang out either of these dates?

Thanks, Bob[/QUOTE]

Poon Hunter
02-23-08, 02:01
oops, yeah location would be good. It would be from LAX to MNL. $1220 more than I have ever paid.

I did notice a better fare from Las vegas than L.A. Maybe a road trip first?

wow. I just arrived on the 20 FEB and will stay till the 5th. I went on expedia and booked a flight from SEA (Seattle) to MNL for $745. Sorry guys, if I was reading this forum earlier, I would have posted. Expedia was a couple hundred cheaper than the other traveling sites.

GOLDEN TIP: Fly on Tue, Wen, or Thur and come home on TUE, WEN, or THUR. It is literally $100 more to fly on Monday, $200 more on Friday. The weekend is what costs over a thousand.. check out expedia and you can check out flights on anyday you want (I select any flight time).. you will see some days are cheaper than others...

Peace,
Poon Hunter

another tip. I try to buy my ticket a week before departure, not earlier, but TUE, WEN, and THUR are cheap days.

X Man
02-23-08, 15:06
Silver dollar first, then taxi to Lone star.

Anyone been to the old firehouse lately? FH?

X

Wazza88
02-23-08, 22:58
Silver dollar first, then taxi to Lone star.

Anyone been to the old firehouse lately? FH?

XHi X Man,

I was in Cebu in January 2008 and a friend took me to Firehouse Bar, he knows the mamasan and the owners as he is a local. There were about 10/12 dancers plus waitresses and GROs. My friend went to the mamasan and was able to negotiate the bar fine from memory I think it was p1, 000. Personally, I find the girls in Cebu more attractive and sophisticated than their AC sisters.

Good luck,

X Man

W20415
03-01-08, 03:17
Any one going to bein Manila April 1 thru 6th . I had to change my dates. Was originally coming last week of March. I would like to find a running mate.

Buko Max
03-01-08, 04:37
Personally, I find the girls in Cebu more attractive and sophisticated than their AC sisters.
Yes you are right Wazza because they don't call it "Queen City" for nothing!