PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Puerto La Cruz
10-29-08, 01:35
Call a travel agent that has a hook up with a consoidator. Price is generally cheaper. If you guys are in USA and can't find one, I have one. PM me if that's the case and I will give the info.

Gringoguy
11-02-08, 19:02
Arriving in Manila on Nov 14th for 5 days. PM me if you're willing to have a drink and compare notes. This is my first trip to Philippines.

ReallyaNiceGuy
11-04-08, 23:12
First I want to thank everyone here for the valuable information and in sight! I’ve been reading, learning and making notes for the last coupe of months.
Well after the long plane ride from Los Angeles I am here, actually I got here late Saturday.
I’m staying at The Executive Plaza but checking out today to Angeles for a few days then back Manila for maybe a week before heading to Vietnam. Manila is actually my first stop on a 10-week trip, unless I run out of money before, around SE Asia.
If anyone wants meet up just send me a PM.

Mike

Carmex
11-05-08, 14:14
Will be in Manila Fri Nov 7, then to Cebu on Sat for the weekend. Will get in about midnight and head to LA Cafe. Would like to go to some different bars other than LA Cafe, but usually end up with what I am looking for there. Anyone want to share a SML let me know.

Aloha,

Carmex

Kampala3030
11-06-08, 18:05
Hello,

Finally I'm stuck. I'm just outside metro manila, and I know NO-ONE. I'm here in the Phils permanently, I haven't seen a European for two weeks, and I want someone to (a) have a beer with or (c) provide an excuse when I go out and the wife wants to know who with. (b) is up to you.

I tried expat forums, nothing. So here I am. If any expat or whatnot fancies a coupla pints and a chin wag, then please let me know. I've still not ridden on a jeepney or learnt a word of tagalog, so that's how lost I am. PM, if you can, and the first round is on me.

Cheers

Kampala

Azmodeus Fl
11-07-08, 04:52
I was wondering which is the best disposable cell phone in the Philippines. Which have the widest coverage and the lowest cost.

MikeSaw
11-10-08, 13:34
I'll be in Cebu for a couple of weeks from around Dec. 20th until around Jan 3rd, and again for a few weeks during Feb., if anyone wants to hook up for some mongering. I've been there 3-4 times over the last two years so I am pretty familiar with the area.

Wingmen can make the hunt more fun, and often provide valuable constructive comments and criticism as well. I usually stay somewhere in the mid-town area (moderately priced hotel or guest house), and prowl the midtown streets, the Mango area bars and the Junquera area. Also, I get out to Lapu Lapu and Mactan from tine to time for a bit of variety.

PM me or post here. Looking forward to it!

Thanks a million.

Monger on!

Khun Larry
11-11-08, 21:40
Kampala3030 : Try LA Cafe, plenty of visiting mongers

MikeSaw: Cebu trip coming up - I will traveling from Bangkok to Cebu late January. Also staying near Fuente circle.

AnonJohn: I fly out of Newark also, Check Expedia.com .... maybe $1300 +/-
If you are near Bergenfield, NJ check the Flip newspaper for specials

Rlk9999
11-12-08, 02:24
I will be in the Phillipines from Nov 25th thru Dec 9th. I will be in manila for the first couple days then hit AC, Subic, and possibly Cebu. If you want to meet up for a beer let me know.

Captain America
11-12-08, 17:43
I'll be arriving manila late on the 3rd or 4th, picking up some entertainment at LA Cafe and the heading out to subic / Olangapo for some scuba the next morning. Anyone want to hook up for a SM or the ride to Subic?

Yella Man
11-12-08, 19:52
I want to make a trip from Manila to CDO in February with two pieces of checked luggage weighing 22kg each (50lbs), and one carry-on (laptop backpack). Their website states that 15kg is the max for checked bags, and 7kg for carry-on. Question: Does anyone know if Cebu Pacific will allow me to carry the extra bag/weight, and approximately how much will the extra bag/weight cost me?

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella Man

Yella Man
11-12-08, 19:56
I was wondering which is the best disposable cell phone in the Philippines. Which have the widest coverage and the lowest cost.

No need to buy a throw-away. Used cell phones can be had for around $30 at local venders. It's a must have while you're in country! Give it to one of the girls before you leave and you've made a friend for life!

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella Man

Buko Max
11-13-08, 00:31
Does anyone know if Cebu Pacific will allow me to carry the extra bag/weight, and approximately how much will the extra bag/weight cost me?
Don't quote me on this but I believe it is 100 php per kilo over. Should have been paying more attention since I just flew CP but my bag was 3 kgs. over the limit and they charged me 300 php I think. One thing that I did note was that they never weighed my carry-on. Sounds like you have too many pasalubongs in those bags Yella!

Yella Man
11-13-08, 04:50
Thanks Mattrick! I emailed CP to get some info but you know how that works over there sometimes...disinformation and confusion at its best! So I guess I have to pay more for my bags than an actual passenger ticket costs. Great!

Yella Man

Paul2020
11-13-08, 08:47
I want to make a trip from Manila to CDO in February with two pieces of checked luggage weighing 22kg each (50lbs), and one carry-on (laptop backpack). Their website states that 15kg is the max for checked bags, and 7kg for carry-on.

Yella ManYou can download Cebu Pacific excess baggage fees from this page: http://www.cebupacificair.com/products/gofarerules.html

Hairy Wonder
11-13-08, 12:36
No need to buy a throw-away. Used cell phones can be had for around $30 at local venders. It's a must have while you're in country! Give it to one of the girls before you leave and you've made a friend for life!

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella Man

Having just returned from PI, my gf wanted to startup an e-load biz. She suggested that she needed a cheap phone that nobody would want to steal for doing this. She took me to a very run-down looking Royal Mall and demanded a P600 phone. At first, every vendor looked at her as if she was crazy. She just turned and walked to the next booth if they told her no. Eventually, one of the early vendors walked to where we were and told her that he could help find what she wanted. At one booth, they produced a beat up looking phone that barely worked, and a new one for P1000. Of course, the new on won the contest. But still, that's only about $20. No great loss. If she is successful with the e-load biz, that will be made up in no time.

HW

Gringoguy
11-15-08, 11:04
Please PM myself if someone wants to sync up and compare notes (1st round on me.

I have checked into Crowne Plaza Galleria hotel in Manila, yesterday. Planning to stay for 4 days. I am not sure if there are good places to check out around Crowne Plaza Galleria hotel (ortigas area). Therefore, heading over to LA Cafe in couple of hours.

By the way, went to AEN (Asian Entertainment Network) yesterday. Not a bad selection. Some of them were quite hot. The price seems to be high. They were offering P8,000 for all night. May be less for ST.

Yella Man
11-15-08, 13:46
You can download Cebu Pacific excess baggage fees from this page: http://www.cebupacificair.com/products/gofarerules.html

Thanks 2020! That's exactly what I have been looking for.

Yella Man

Kenya69
11-15-08, 21:07
Gentlemen,

I like alot of other people have had problems with the Cebu Pacific site. Credit card (Visa)keeps coming back declined. Very frustating. I buy many things online and have never had a problem. I do have Verified With Visa so it is definately a problem with Cebu. I just don't want to make the drive from Manila. Would any of you guys know a good travel agent that I could do it through that takes Visa and is honest. I am trying to do it from Canada. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I could possibly repay you with a few drinks the last week of Jan. I am already booked in to Pacific Breeze so would like to get this matter sorted.

Thanks,

Kenya69

Martyb
11-15-08, 23:50
Long time reader, First time poster. Thanks to all the helpful information, not just this board, but all the boards on "the guide".

I'll be in Manila the Saturday after Thanksgiving on business (and pleasure). I was in Manila a couple of years ago and had a great time. I stayed at the Inter-continental then and it was girl friendly. I was wondering if it still was? The last time I was there I had a good time at Magombos. Seems like LA Cafe might be a better choice. Any comments?

Buko Max
11-17-08, 06:09
i stayed at the inter-continental then and it was girl friendly. i was wondering if it still was? the last time i was there i had a good time at magombos.
yes it most certainly is as are most hotels in manila. my peeps tell me that magombos just closed recently.

Martyb
11-18-08, 05:01
Thanks for the sad news.

Magombos was a lucky place for me.

Guess I'll try LA Cafe!

Ungus
11-22-08, 07:39
I'll be arriving manila late on the 3rd or 4th, picking up some entertainment at LA Cafe and the heading out to subic / Olangapo for some scuba the next morning. Anyone want to hook up for a SM or the ride to Subic?I will be in Subic Dec 3 - Dec 7 for some diving. Staying at Blue Rock. PM me if you would like to meet up.

Ungus
11-22-08, 07:46
I will be in the Phillipines from Nov 25th thru Dec 9th. I will be in manila for the first couple days then hit AC, Subic, and possibly Cebu. If you want to meet up for a beer let me know.I will be in AC Dec 1 - 2, Subic Dec 3 - 6, then back to AC Dec 7 - 9. Let me know your schedule and maybe we can meet up for some bar hopping.

Rosco4444
11-23-08, 06:53
Visiting AC 02/11/08 for 5 days [50 yo Aussie] and looking for a wingman.

1st beers on me.

Any starters.

BayView
11-24-08, 17:41
If things go as planned at work, I'll be arriving about January 2nd. I may stay for a couple of weeks and do a return visit in a month or 2 or even 3. I guess I don't have any plans yet and I'm doing a lot of reading. I'm looking at Manila, Angeles, Cebu, and Davao.
I'm looking for recommendations for inexpensive places to stay and for people to meet up with.

Member #3437
11-24-08, 19:28
With my wingman. Staying at Pacific Breeze from the 22nd of January to the 29th. Any of my old friends look me up. Anyone else at the pacific breeze Lets plan some pool parties!

Amavida
11-25-08, 01:55
If she is successful with the e-load biz, that will be made up in no time.
HW
Sounds like your GF is a good person. She will not get rich selling eload. The profits are very very small. Most of us get a 'retailer sim' just to get our load a little cheaper & convenience of reloading friends & family easier.
Cheers mate,
AV

Hairy Wonder
11-25-08, 14:07
Sounds like your GF is a good person. She will not get rich selling eload. The profits are very very small. Most of us get a 'retailer sim' just to get our load a little cheaper & convenience of reloading friends & family easier.
Cheers mate,
AV

AV,

Thanks for the compliment. I would say that I would like to introduce her to some of the brother mongerers on here, but I'm afraid they would all be tripping over their own tongues. :P She is very conservative (or Koripot) when it comes to spending money. I took her to Mall of Asia (her first time there) while visiting, and had to sneak items into the basket so I could buy them for her. They weren't anything expensive, at least as far as I was concerned. I could tell that the items were things she wished she could have, by the way she looked them over in the store. When I told her to put the things in the basket, she said "NO! It's to much for you to spend on me." So I asked her to go to another isle while I slipped back to get the stuff.

A former "GF" would have taken what I offered, and asked for more. Then she would have wanted to keep any money I had left at the end of my visit, and wanted me to send more (both money and products) before returning for another visit. I'm glad I gave up that bad habbit.

HW

Asia Pacific
12-04-08, 08:55
I will be in the Philippines from Jan 10th (arrive about 8:00PM) until end of month. I normally meet my inlaws who take me to some local bars in quezon city the first night. Local bars where most foreigners don't go, but I go with a couple of my "relatives" who make sure I'm safe. I have to go by the 12th out of Manila to photograph some villa for a client, but if anyone is interested in tagging along on the 10th, let me know. Will be staying in Ermita. Probably looking at heading out around 10PM If you always wanted to explore some cheap bars, come along. Just let me know. Would be nice to have someone who speaks English (my inlaws are cool, but speak little english).

MikeSaw
12-05-08, 13:04
Anyone gonna be there then?

First drink is on me!

Ezinho
12-05-08, 18:42
I'll be in Manila December 24 & 25 and then in AC from the 26th to the 29th; if anyone wants to meet up, just PM me.

Pg 2004
12-08-08, 15:53
Hey all.

I will be in Makati from 12/15 to 1/4.

Anyone in the area?

Boracay for first few days :)

Yella Man
12-14-08, 21:36
Gentlemen,

I like alot of other people have had problems with the Cebu Pacific site. Credit card (Visa)keeps coming back declined. Very frustating. I buy many things online and have never had a problem. I do have Verified With Visa so it is definately a problem with Cebu. I just don't want to make the drive from Manila. Would any of you guys know a good travel agent that I could do it through that takes Visa and is honest. I am trying to do it from Canada. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I could possibly repay you with a few drinks the last week of Jan. I am already booked in to Pacific Breeze so would like to get this matter sorted.

Thanks,

Kenya69

Did anyone figure out how to book Cebu Pacific flights online without having their foreign Credit Card declined every damn time? I didn't see a phone number on their website to call for bookings. I've been trying to book my Manila/Davao flights for weeks with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Yella Man

Run Mann
12-14-08, 21:47
I didn't see a phone number on their website to call for bookings. Any help would be appreciated.
Yella Man

Try this.

http://www.cebupacificair.com/help/contact.html#cc

Pute Nut
12-14-08, 21:49
Did anyone figure out how to book Cebu Pacific flights online without having their foreign Credit Card declined every damn time? I didn't see a phone number on their website to call for bookings. I've been trying to book my Manila/Davao flights for weeks with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Yella Man

FWIW, I did bring this up with a CP rep and she said they were fully aware of this problem, but insisted they were not to blame, and that the problem instead lies with the card issuers who decline PH transactions.

Buko Max
12-14-08, 22:24
FWIW, I did bring this up with a CP rep and she said they were fully aware of this problem, but insisted they were not to blame, and that the problem instead lies with the card issuers who decline PH transactions.
Yes I would have to agree since I have never had any problems booking a CP flight with my foreign credit card!

Amavida
12-15-08, 01:55

Yella ManYes. If you search the threads the solution is stop whingeing to cebupacific & get on to the card issuers or credit card servicing company behind them.
AV

El Culion
12-16-08, 14:26
That's a complete cock and bull story!
I'm having problems right now trying to book some CP flights online. I have a European Master Card and it's being rejected.

This is remarkable because when CP declined my Visa Card earlier this year, I successfully used a friend's Master Card without any problems. So when I returned home from my trip I applied for a Master Card for this specific purpose because I frequently travel to and within Phils.

I've just finished calling my Card's Customer Service. They asked me for the payment details to check and told me that NO attempt whatsoever had been made by CP to access my account for the transaction and advised me to contact them directly. I knew there was nothing wrong with the Card because I've just used it to book flites with Eva Air, Air Asia and Nok Air.

Bugger!

Pute Nut
12-16-08, 16:40
That's a complete cock and bull story!

Are you calling me a liar? That's what she told me, and as she claimed to be "aware of the problem" I took it as a reply worth noting (as opposed to the regular nonsensical replies you often get in PI).

Then, what CP actually does, I have no idea. If you're looking for logic and consistancy, maybe PI is not for you.

Further, a distinguished international traveler like you surely knows the value of keeping a few back-up cards from different issuers in case one or two are rejected, don't you?

El Culion
12-16-08, 20:51
Are you calling me a liar? That's what she told me, and as she claimed to be "aware of the problem" I took it as a reply worth noting (as opposed to the regular nonsensical replies you often get in PI).

Then, what CP actually does, I have no idea. If you're looking for logic and consistancy, maybe PI is not for you.

Further, a distinguished international traveler like you surely knows the value of keeping a few back-up cards from different issuers in case one or two are rejected, don't you?
Keep your hair on.
Firstly, I wasn't referring to YOUR account but to the explanation the CP rep gave you.
Secondly, as every seasoned traveller knows, travelling with a lot of cards is not a wise idea. Just one or two credit cards and debit cards, and some dollars & euros in cash suffice :)

Pute Nut
12-16-08, 21:45
Keep your hair on.

Might be too late for that :D Anyway, question asked & answered, case closed.

travelling with a lot of cards is not a wise idea. Just one or two credit cards and debit cards, and some dollars & euros in cash suffice :)

If you go back and read my post I was saying just that: ie "a few back-up cards" as opposed to carrying "a lot of cards" :) Well, it has saved me on several occasions.

Benzedrine
12-19-08, 15:18
Going to be in country for a week and a half starting xmas day. Manila with a couple of days in AC possibly. AIM is the same. Hit me up if you need a hand sarging.

Leeroyko
12-20-08, 08:35
G'day X. As reported before, i have now booked with CPA 4 times for my upcoming trip to the Phills using my Australian Citibank CC. No problems.

Cheers

MikeSaw
12-21-08, 06:49
I am now in Cebu (for the next few weeks), and would like to meet up with other mongers to share info, bar crawl, etc. Please PM me here.

El Culion
12-21-08, 09:13
G'day X. As reported before, i have now booked with CPA 4 times for my upcoming trip to the Phills using my Australian Citibank CC. No problems.

CheersMaybe if you google "Cebu Pacific" + "credit card" you will realize that you've been one of the lucky few. You'll find there's a myriad of people from various parts of the world who've been faced with CP's website's credit card flaw.

Guiltyfeet
12-23-08, 23:36
Cp is very frustrating to me. Does anyone have the answer? I have gone through the entire booking process online even to the point of entering my 3 digit credit card secret number, and the transaction gets rejected. What a f'ing waste of time. I have tried several different cards that are accepted everywhere, but no results. This is from the US using major cards with good credit.

WHAT IS THE TRICK? Is there some way to make it work? CP has great schedules and prices. HELP ME!

Yella Man
12-24-08, 00:28
Yes. If you search the threads the solution is stop whingeing to cebupacific & get on to the card issuers or credit card servicing company behind them.
AV

I have tried several of my cards from well known banks and still have not been able to book the flights I want through CP. I even called the banks to see why the charges were being denied, but they tell me an attempt was never made by CP to charge the acount. It's surely a CP problem. I just hope there are seats available on the flights I need to take when I get there in Feb. Love the country! Love the ladies! Hate the lack of infastructure!

Yella Man

Amavida
12-24-08, 01:35
I have tried several of my cards from well known banks and still have not been able to book the flights I want through CP. I even called the banks to see why the charges were being denied, but they tell me an attempt was never made by CP to charge the acount. It's surely a CP problem. I just hope there are seats available on the flights I need to take when I get there in Feb. Love the country! Love the ladies! Hate the lack of infastructure!
Yella ManThis problem was investigated by other members.

If you search the this forum you will see that they nailed the problem by contacting the credit card processing company behind your bank. It was found they have shockingly inaccurate information about you.

I use PI issued credit card & an Australian issued credit card & both have always worked. Interestingly, of three Aussie cards one works, the other's don't.

Example
Card 01 - ANZ Mastercard - nope.
Card 02 - Commonwealth Bank Mastercard - nope
Card 03 - Citibank Visa - Yep works fine.

With the greatest of respect i submit to you the problem does not lie with Cebu pacific.
AV

El Culion
12-24-08, 11:32
If you search the this forum you will see that they nailed the problem by contacting the credit card processing company behind your bank. It was found they have shockingly inaccurate information about you.This hypothesis doesn't hold water. As you can see from the attachment, one of my credit card is an original Visa card, issued directly by Visa, NOT by a bank, so there's no "processing company" in between. Still it is declined by CP, as is my Master Card which is issued by a bank. Like Yella Man, I called both Master Card's and Visa's Customer's Service, and after checking my records both said that no attempt had been made by CP to charge my account.

With the greatest of respect i submit to you the problem does not lie with Cebu pacific.So how do you explain that CP is the ONLY company that declines my credit cards?

Crazy Ami
12-24-08, 14:08
Having my own problems with CP this week, I did some research.

Basically, due to a scam a while back where CP staff were cloning credit card numbers over the phone, CP is pretty much blacklisted among ALL US credit card companies, banks or otherwise. NO US credit card *should* work on CP's website, although some banks (especially small ones) forget to check the blacklist sometime.

Because of the US blacklist, the majority, but not all of Western world credit cards will also be declined. Some foreign banks do not use the US blacklist, and thus are OK.

There are four ways to get around this little debacle.
1) Call the CP hotline in the PI (or call from overseas). I do NOT recommend this. They do not offer the same deals as the website, and honestly, I don't trust them with my CC number. One lady I talked to said at first "We don't accept any US credit cards," then, after I told her I would go to the CP office in Hong Kong, said, "Wait, actually we can try and see if it will go through. What's your CC number?" Ha, no thanks.

2)If you're in a major Asian city, CP should have an office near you. You can call them and book the ticket through them.

3)As I'm in Hong Kong, I went to a specialized Filipino travel agent (for all the domestic workers). I could pay cash, and the price was only US$30 more than the website, which is a decent agent fee. I would recommend doing this (going to a travel agent), as they will usually help you if anything goes wrong (as opposed to CP service which blows). If you're in Asia, going to a travel agent specifically for Filipinos is usually the best idea. In Hong Kong, I recommend Sally Filipino Travel Services in Worldwide House, 3/F, right outside Central MTR Station. They're even open on Sundays.

4)Probably only for the locals: get someone with a Phil credit card to book the ticket for you (which is perfectly okay with CP), although they should give you a photocopy of the front of the card to show as confirmation with the ticket agent when you check in.

Good luck.

Crazy Ami
12-24-08, 14:11
Sorry about the previous post. As I came to this thread to post a travel plan, guess I should do that!

I'll be in AC starting from tomorrow the 25th until Tuesday morning if anyone would like to get together and have a beer on me. Always like meeting fellow ISGers. I'll have my laptop with me, so PMs are OK.

~Crazy Ami

Member #3437
12-24-08, 14:31
This hypothesis doesn't hold water. As you can see from the attachment, one of my credit card is an original Visa card, issued directly by Visa, NOT by a bank, so there's no "processing company" in between. Still it is declined by CP, as is my Master Card which is issued by a bank. Like Yella Man, I called both Master Card's and Visa's Customer's Service, and after checking my records both said that no attempt had been made by CP to charge my account.

So how do you explain that CP is the ONLY company that declines my credit cards?

I just gave up. I need a ticket from them, but I am waiting until I get to Bangkok.

Member #3437
12-24-08, 14:33
With the greatest of respect i submit to you the problem does not lie with Cebu pacific.
AV

With the greatest respect I suggest you do a google search on "cebu pacific declined my credit card".

This company has either intentionally or otherwise blacklisted most foreign credit and Debit cards. They simply will not work on their system "verified" or not.

Amavida
12-24-08, 16:32
With the greatest respect I suggest you do a google search on "cebu pacific declined my credit card".

This company has either intentionally or otherwise blacklisted most foreign credit and Debit cards. They simply will not work on their system "verified" or not.Actually from my perspective as an Aussie I know many Aussie banks black list whole friggin countries in Asia!
AV

Sammon
12-24-08, 17:38
Realistically what has happened is Lots of reservations were made on Foreign credit cards in the begining. When the Cebu Pacific submitted it to the banks for payment it was declined saying the transaction was fraudulent.
So the airline lost lot of money.
Now these problems can be corrected If Cebu Pacific Uses encrypted ssl system.
But I think they are too cheap to invest in the system.

El Culion
12-24-08, 20:20
Now these problems can be corrected If Cebu Pacific Uses encrypted ssl system.
But I think they are too cheap to invest in the system.Thanks Samon! This a a much more acceptible explanation of this conundrum!

Robbaf
12-24-08, 22:23
I have tried several of my cards from well known banks and still have not been able to book the flights I want through CP. I even called the banks to see why the charges were being denied, but they tell me an attempt was never made by CP to charge the acount. It's surely a CP problem. I just hope there are seats available on the flights I need to take when I get there in Feb. Love the country! Love the ladies! Hate the lack of infastructure!Yella ManYM, I just booked 4 tickets with CP last Saturday, Mindanao-Cebu-Clark-Cebu-Mindanao for 7 Jan. First, even here in the PI my US cards (4) wouldn't work. Had to go to travel agent after trying to book online for 1 hour:(
Second, due to the on going battle with PAL, both are offering discount fares and CP had very little flights available:( So, I get 10 hours layover in Cebu going and over night in Cebu returning.

Robb

Hairy Wonder
12-25-08, 02:06
So, I get 10 hours layover in Cebu going and over night in Cebu returning.

Robb

You really have to hate having those long layovers that give you plenty of time to find a few good shags each leg of the trip! :D

Merry Christmas!
HW

Jet Guy 2
12-28-08, 02:11
Hey all you divers out there.

I am looking for a place to land for 7 days of diving, at 3-4 dives per day. Diving needs to be good for an experienced diver (me) and girls need to be plentiful. So far I am considering Puerto Galera, which gets great reviews from experienced divers (on Undercurrent for example). But it seems to get mixed reviews here for the girls. I have combed the forums (fora? ) and there are several comments that the availability is low/quality is poor in PG/Sabang.

So two questions. First what about PG/Sabang girl availability? This destination fits my criteria from the dive point of view. Will I be happy with the entertainment? Second question, are there better choices for location, for this happy 7 days of hardcore diving and whoring?

Thanks all, dive safe and often.

Leeroyko
12-28-08, 03:42
Originally Posted by Leeroyko

G'day X. As reported before, I have now booked with CPA 4 times for my upcoming trip to the Phills using my Australian Citibank CC. No problems.

Cheers

Replied to by El Culion

"Maybe if you google "Cebu Pacific" + "credit card" you will realize that you've been one of the lucky few. You'll find there's a myriad of people from various parts of the world who've been faced with CP's website's credit card flaw. "

With all due respect, I'm not really interested in searching about others problems. I'm just reporting what card works for me. Amavida also reported his Citibank CC worked.

Member #4147
01-01-09, 23:37
I am wanting to put my 1st rip to the Phils together soon. I can fly from the USA to either MNL or CEB and I hope to be there about 8 days. I have an ample supply of Hilton points so if the Cebu Hilton is a good potential base I'd like to know. Perhaps going there once I find a compatible girl to go there with. So yes I have been RTFF and have some ideas. I have been on DIA for abut 10 days now since I got back from BKK having had tremendous success on TLL. I now think I have begun that a little to soon as I have had a couple hundred chats w/girls on cam already and of those several seem like their game and look like fun. So what say you all. Fly into MNL or CEB, go AC, stay MNL, go CEB? If you can suggest a plan of attack for a perv like me seeking petite 18 yo lovelies to have a great time with I would appreciate. I won't have a great deal of time, but I don't mind spending what it takes. If there is a wingman to be had that would be comforting to meet w/an experienced monger to help keep me out of harms way. I buy the beers!

Cheers from here, ciao for now, have a great 2009!

Asia Pacific
01-04-09, 03:41
I will arrive (finally) in AC on 1/10. Decided to go straight from the airport to AC this time. Will be there at least a week on my own (before I let the GF know I am there). 1st beer is on me if anyone is around. Just let me know. Always good to meet fellow mongers.

James In Japan
01-05-09, 10:46
Hello All,

I'm an American, living in Japan, and coming to the PI for my second trip in the begining of March (3rd-17th). Last time, I stayed in Bora, Manila and Baguio but after reading some very interesting and detailed reports from the members on here (DS/GE etc), I've turned toward Davao mostly and maybe Cebu.

I'm 34, and engineer by trade and fairly well traveled. I like going to PI for more than the obvious reasons, I enjoy the culture and the absolute craziness.

If anyone out there is interested in a wing, or a local showing someone around, please send me a PM. I would be more than grateful!

Thanks!

James

KyCuriosity
01-07-09, 03:49
I know some of you will think it's sorta lame and definately unnecessary, but I am meeting a particular girl in Manila and possibly in Angeles City.

Is there a flower shop in Manila close to NAIA or one in Angeles city that will do one of those corsages that a girl can wear on her wrist. Anyone remember the Prom? yeah, one of those.

Corny idea, I know, but still something i would like.

Any suggestions?

Jay

Buko Max
01-07-09, 10:49
I have an ample supply of Hilton points so if the Cebu Hilton is a good potential base I'd like to know.
The Hilton is a fabulous property surely one of the best in Cebu but it is very isolated and would only stay there unless I already had a companion. Will be in town most of next month so if you plan to visit Cebu at this time, PM me! (the same goes for any other members!)

Gangles
01-07-09, 12:16
There have beeen many posts about problems using your credit cards with Cebu pacific.

I had the same problem while using my main credit card, but could always get the transaction done with another card.

After ranting for a while like most people here, I figured there must be a logical reason.

And there is.

Cebu Pacific compare the info that you input about your credit card with the info that your bank holds about the card. If they do not match, then the card is rejected.

So I went to the bank to find out the info that they held about my card. I was stunned. Almost all of the information was wrong or corrupted in some way. My address had been abbreviated, the name of my town was wrong, some info was recorded in upper case whereas it is normally in lower case, some abbreviations were wrong, and the bank clerk that I spoke to could not tell me the full and correct name of the bank.

Once I got the information corrected, I wrote it down, and now whenever I buy a ticket with CP I make sure that the info I put in is exactly the same as the bank's info.

And my card now works every time.

try it yourself, and you will see that I am right.

Gangles

Hairy Wonder
01-10-09, 04:33
I will be in the Philippines Feb. 12-22. I plan to travel around a little with my girl from Manila. We want to go to Davao, Tagaytay, and Bagio (my first time to each place). Plan on spending 1 or 2 nights at each location and return to Manila. Could you ISG brothers give me some updated recommendations on each location? I already know where I will stay in Manila.

Thanks!
HW

Tacamoherc
01-10-09, 14:27
I will be in the Philippines Feb. 12-22. I plan to travel around a little with my girl from Manila. We want to go to Davao, Tagaytay, and Bagio (my first time to each place). Plan on spending 1 or 2 nights at each location and return to Manila. Could you ISG brothers give me some updated recommendations on each location? I already know where I will stay in Manila.

Thanks!

HWI will be in country Feb 15 to March 1. When went to Baugio stayed at new hotel next to Victory Liner Station, sorry forget the name. It is new, priced good and has pinoy breakfast in price. Can walk to downtown and SM Mall for shopping, cabs eveywhere so easy to get around. Only did day excursions to Tagaytay to see Taal lake and volcano. Took boat out to the island in the lake and then drove to look out point and had lunch with great view. Just one road in and out so traffic can be a real drag. Never been to Davao so sorry can not help you there. Hope this helps alittle, have a good time.

James In Japan
01-11-09, 09:07
If you're headed up to Baguio, make sure you get on the fast bus there. I did it wrong the first time and right the second, and it made all the difference.

Theres a bar/hotel right next to the 50s diner in town which is where most of the expats hang out at, and is a damn good time. The owner is an American Phil, and the place is quite friendly. I can find the name of the place if you're interested.

Pheasantplucker
01-11-09, 15:52
I'm planning on visiting PP with my Filipina girlfriend sometime in February. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay there?

Are Viagra and / or Cialis available there?

Tks for any info / PR

James In Japan
01-14-09, 04:52
Good day everyone- As always, this site provides a wealth of information for travelers. Not just from the mongering perspective, but in the same way tha a guide book does but far more honest and reveling. Thanks!

This leads to me to my questions. My second trip to PI is coming up on March 3rd and I will be in country for 14 days. During my first trip, I had a girl I met online meet me at the Manila airport (mistake 1) and we went to Bora. While I admit she was easily the hottest girl I've been with, it turned out to be a drag to not be free and able during my 2 weeks there. Eventually, I got rid of her (due to other reasons as well) but by the time that happened I was already on the end half of my trip.

Now this time I’m interested in being a little more strategic about my plan. As I said above, I will be there for 2 weeks again but this time I will be flying into Cebu. While I’m there, Id like to line up a few solid sure thing contacts and stick with them, instead of just one or 20, but I do not want to stick to the city the whole trip. It IS vacation time after all. So this is my question, if you were me and had this amount of time what would you do, and where would you go? I’m thinking a few days in Cebu and a few in Davao, but again I don’t want to be stuck in the city. I’m not so much into p4p as I am the chase, so a situation where I say met someone in Cebu and had her with me in Bohol or somewhere. Then someone in Davao etc.

The problem I’m finding is that with the girls I've been interested in from CB and DIA all have jobs and careers, and I don’t feel that I could work that angle and get one of them off with me on short notice. We all know that Boracay is a drag if you go alone.

I hope that I somewhat explained my question well enough to illicit some replies. Thanks all for reading this!

Genghois
01-14-09, 18:14
Good day everyone- As always, this site provides a wealth of information for travelers. Not just from the mongering perspective, but in the same way tha a guide book does but far more honest and reveling. Thanks!

This leads to me to my questions. My second trip to PI is coming up on March 3rd and I will be in country for 14 days. During my first trip, I had a girl I met online meet me at the Manila airport (mistake 1) and we went to Bora. While I admit she was easily the hottest girl I've been with, it turned out to be a drag to not be free and able during my 2 weeks there. Eventually, I got rid of her (due to other reasons as well) but by the time that happened I was already on the end half of my trip.

Now this time I’m interested in being a little more strategic about my plan. As I said above, I will be there for 2 weeks again but this time I will be flying into Cebu. While I’m there, Id like to line up a few solid sure thing contacts and stick with them, instead of just one or 20, but I do not want to stick to the city the whole trip. It IS vacation time after all. So this is my question, if you were me and had this amount of time what would you do, and where would you go? I’m thinking a few days in Cebu and a few in Davao, but again I don’t want to be stuck in the city. I’m not so much into p4p as I am the chase, so a situation where I say met someone in Cebu and had her with me in Bohol or somewhere. Then someone in Davao etc.

The problem I’m finding is that with the girls I've been interested in from CB and DIA all have jobs and careers, and I don’t feel that I could work that angle and get one of them off with me on short notice. We all know that Boracay is a drag if you go alone.

I hope that I somewhat explained my question well enough to illicit some replies. Thanks all for reading this!

JIJ, my suggestion would be to stick with local girls. Get a few girls’ phone numbers in each of the places you plan to visit. Assume at least half of them will be less than your ideal, or will bail (or be committed virgins!) Worked like a charm for me on my last trip. And you’ve always got P4P as a back-up, in most cities. Even in Bohol I had a local girl who played hookey from school for a few days to spend in my bed.

James In Japan
01-15-09, 07:32
What localities would you suggest? Just 1 or two maybe. Or even 3 over the 2 weeks?

Maybe I should do 4 days in Cebu and 4 In davao for the "locals" and then spend the rest in Palawan for the vacation side of things. Any thoughts? Moneys not really an object as long as I plan accordingly.

Mr Hawaii
01-16-09, 07:16
What localities would you suggest? Just 1 or two maybe. Or even 3 over the 2 weeks?

Maybe I should do 4 days in Cebu and 4 In davao for the "locals" and then spend the rest in Palawan for the vacation side of things. Any thoughts? Moneys not really an object as long as I plan accordingly.

4 to 5 days in Cebu is good. Takes that long to get a real feel for the location. It seems you always meet "the one" on your last day. Plenty of colleges in Cebu city, go to Gaisano Metro Colon and hang out..approach some sales girls if you feel up to it, hang around the eateries by the schools, even the malls, SM and Ayala, plenty of school girls and P4P. Bar scenes are good backup, stay somewhere downtown..Midtown Hotel or Holiday Plaza, or the new hotel next to Midtown, can't remember the name..is in another post.

Cagayan de Oro is nice, but for your 2nd time, Cebu and Manila...if you were in Malate/Ermita before, maybe try the Makati section of Manila this time..find a girl and go to Baguio, or take a day trip from the hotel to whatever she wants to show you..as you know, you can find some gems among the bargirls.

Go with the flow, don't spend too much time traveling all over, seeing a little of everything but not much of anything...have a safe trip.

Ostevo
01-16-09, 07:42
Wondering if any one could help me here. I'm traveling to PI for the first time, and I'm getting nervous about not having any in country flights yet. I'm there for one month and would like to visit a few places, but know nothing about the airlines there. First. Can I make these arrangement once I get there or do flights book up fast (I'm there the whole month of Jan)here's the schedule so far.

Arrive manila for two nights

Go to AC,4 nights
AC to Puerto Galerea 5 nights
PG to Manila to get flight to Cebu
Travel around the visayas,do some diving(panglao,moalboal,dumaguete,ect
Then off to legaspi,donsol

After that rest in Boracay for 4days before heading back to Manila for one night before I leave.

Could someone please tell me if this itinerary makes any sense. I'll take any suggestions.

Thanks,

Stevo

Asia Pacific
01-16-09, 10:48
Anyone interested in a beer, first round is on me.

Always good to meet fellow mongers.

Just PM me.

Eternal Rampage
01-16-09, 15:44
I will be in Angeles from Feb 12 to Feb 16th, if anyone wants to get together and hit the bars let a "brother" know.

Mr Hawaii
01-16-09, 17:56
Don't worry about in-country flights. I have never had a problem waiting until I am in the P.I. to fly onward. When you land in Manila go to your hotel, then find a travel agent, any travel agent, and book your flight. PAL is more expensive than Cebu Pacific, usually, but favored, I think, for better service, schedules, etc. Pay cash for your ticket, otherwise there is additional fee for using your credit card. If not sure of day you want to return to Manila from Cebu, is OK. Wait till you get to Cebu to book your return flight.

Matitilover
01-16-09, 21:42
Wondering if any one could help me here. I'm traveling to PI for the first time, and I'm getting nervous about not having any in country flights yet. I'm there for one month and would like to visit a few places, but know nothing about the airlines there. First. Can I make these arrangement once I get there or do flights book up fast (I'm there the whole month of Jan)here's the schedule so far.

Arrive manila for two nights

Go to AC,4 nights
AC to Puerto Galerea 5 nights
PG to Manila to get flight to Cebu
Travel around the visayas,do some diving(panglao,moalboal,dumaguete,ect
Then off to legaspi,donsol

After that rest in Boracay for 4days before heading back to Manila for one night before I leave.

Could someone please tell me if this itinerary makes any sense. I'll take any suggestions.

Thanks,

StevoHi Stevo,

Once you are in AC you can go to Swagman Travel, I met some Philli pros last time and as far as I know they booked their inbound flights to Cebu there on short notice. They even provide Shuttle Service to Puerto Galera/Sabang to the harbour from where you go with the ferry. Actually the transfer would have been cheaper for me if I would have gone with the Taxi Service of my Hotel Pacific Breeze, but I don't know if that was a special hotel guest price.

About Puerto Galera, if you want to dive in daytime and party at nighttime you probably want to go to Sabang.

Have fun, I booked my flight to the Phillis yesterday.

Mankosuki
01-19-09, 13:03
Hi James in Japan,

I am also in Japan and will be visiting PI around the same time as you. I was planning on going to Davao and Boracay. I've only been to PI once (all Makati) so I can't show you around but if you want to get a drink, let me know. Also, if you have any tips for Boracay, can you tell me? I was told Station 2 but I don't know the names of any places. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I'm an American, living in Japan, and coming to the PI for my second trip in the begining of March (3rd-17th). Last time, I stayed in Bora, Manila and Baguio but after reading some very interesting and detailed reports from the members on here (DS/GE etc), I've turned toward Davao mostly and maybe Cebu.

I'm 34, and engineer by trade and fairly well traveled. I like going to PI for more than the obvious reasons, I enjoy the culture and the absolute craziness.

If anyone out there is interested in a wing, or a local showing someone around, please send me a PM. I would be more than grateful!

Thanks!

James

James In Japan
01-19-09, 20:49
Hey man,

It seems your PMs are turned off?

Or youre unable to receive them it says?

Buko Max
01-22-09, 07:50
Yes your itinerary makes sense but I would go to PG first then to AC and make use of the CP flight that flies direct to Cebu, three times a week. That way you don't have to transit through Manila again!

Redfield10
01-30-09, 03:07
Hi,

I apologize for posting this by mistake in the "Reports of Distinction" Section first. I hardly think it qualifies. Ha.

I'll be travelling to the Phils for the first time arriving Feb. 21 at 5:40 am I'll be in Manila (Exec Plaza) the 21 and 22nd. Then flying to Cebu Feb. 23rd in the afternoon and will be there until Feb. 27th when I fly back to Manila and stay the night. Then on the 28th and 1st I'll be in Angeles and back to Manila on March 2nd where I have a late 10: 30 flight but will hang at the Exec Plaza again for a few hour until flight time.

Anyone want to hang out some if some of these times fit for you?

Let me know.

Yella Man
01-30-09, 13:56
I have a few dozen Trojan Supra Condoms that are a bit tight for me. Willing to sell for $1 (American) each or equal foreign amount. Will be in Manila 3-5 Feb, Davao 6-9 Feb, AC 10-15 Feb. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Yella Man

KyCuriosity
01-30-09, 14:38
I'll be in Manila from February 16th till February 22nd, and then in Angeles from the 22nd till March 3rd. I already have plans for a few of those nights, but I would be willing to be a wingman and share a couple beers with someone. I'll also be staying at the executive plaza hotel during my time in Manila. Have you been to Manila before?

Ostevo
01-31-09, 00:56
Looking for wingman tonight the 31st.

I'm in the ex-plaza hotel, looking to go to ac on the 1st of feb-5th.

Anybody here in manila?

Spivey24
01-31-09, 04:21
I am landing in MNL on Feb 22nd almost midnight. Looking to head to AC that night or maybe stay a night near LA Cafe then head to AC in the morning. Anyone want to share a ride let me know.

Redfield10
01-31-09, 07:57
Ok, so for some reason Ky, you don't receive PM's. Can never figure that one out. I don't feel like doing messages back and forth on a public message board that much but I'll do it once.

Saw your message so thought I'd respond. On the 22nd we may be able to hang out. I'll be at the Exec Plaza. Then Cebu in the afternoon of the 23rd. Then back to Manila. And Angeles. So I'm sure we can have a few beers at some point and maybe hang out and compare notes, etc.

Enable your PM and we can talk more.

I'll be in Manila from February 16th till February 22nd, and then in Angeles from the 22nd till March 3rd. I already have plans for a few of those nights, but I would be willing to be a wingman and share a couple beers with someone. I'll also be staying at the executive plaza hotel during my time in Manila. Have you been to Manila before?

Ostevo
02-01-09, 02:58
Anyone in AC for the 1st -5th of Feb.

Care to hook up for a little clubbing and give this 1st timer the run down?

I'm at the Pacific Breeze.

Steveo

Mikhal
02-05-09, 08:39
Will be in AC from Feb. 18-March 13. Have no plans at all while I'm there. I'm just gonna wing it and see how that goes. Will be my first trip to PI but have been to Thailand more than a few times. Hit me up and maybe we can get a beer.

Mikky

Member #4147
02-06-09, 00:01
As a first timer to the Phils I have a few Qs.

How readily available and at what cost can I get a sim card for my cell phone and will this allow me unlimited texting as I have high hopes of needing that feature with some on line interests I am cultivating.

Should I be able to obtain a flight from CRK to CEB and then later from CEB to MNL when I get there or will I be better off booking in advance. Mind you I have tried to book using the Cebu Pacific website w/o success.

I have several nights booked in MNL, AC, and CEB beginning at the end of March. Any suggestions for the 1st timer are appreciated.

PM me if you want to cross paths. Many thanks in advance.

Towelboy2010
02-06-09, 00:13
IN Manila for 2 days before bringing my wife's children back to the USA. Would love to spend an evening at LA CAFE or elsewhere with an experienced monger. PM me or reply here.

Buko Max
02-06-09, 06:24
CP has a summer seat sale from now until Feb. 10
for travel between now and March 31, 2009.

Joh Joh
02-08-09, 22:53
I will travel to the Philippines on February, 21, arriving in Cebu and intending to go to Panglao for 3/4 days. It's my first time. I heard it's better to bring a nice young girl to Panglao, because there aren't many of them available over there. How about Lapu Lapu; are there any nice places to pick up pretty young things? I would really appreciate any help from one of you.

Thanks!

Puerto La Cruz
02-09-09, 04:12
I can't believe I'm referring you to Xman but he knows his way around down there. Sorry X but this site is for information sharing, etc. but you have the road map down there. Maybe you could steer this guy in the right direction.

X Man
02-09-09, 04:40
There are a lot of bars in Lapu Lapu, but the best by far is Mermaid which is now located near the new bridge (there are two bridges over Upon Channel and the newer one is the easternmost one). You'd see Mermaid on the right if you are in the taxi going from the airport to Cebu. There are many smaller bars further down toward the old bridge and the market, but they are not for the faint of heart.

Since you are asking about Lapu Lapu I assume your are going to stay on Mactan and then fly to Panglao. Another option would be to stay in Cebu city and then take Ocean Jet from Pier one for the 90 min ride to Panglao. You'll have more bar options in Cebu and its a nice boat ride -- assuming the weather is good.

Since Lapu Lapu is adjacent to Cebu city, you might find more info in the Cebu thread.

X

Puerta la cruz -- I have no idea who you are or why you diss me. Did I hurt your feelings in a previous life?

I will travel to the Philippines on February, 21, arriving in Cebu and intending to go to Panglao for 3/4 days. It's my first time. I heard it's better to bring a nice young girl to Panglao, because there aren't many of them available over there. How about Lapu Lapu; are there any nice places to pick up pretty young things? I would really appreciate any help from one of you.

Thanks!

AussieOverboard
02-09-09, 05:50

Thanks!

If you prefer the outdoor pick up scene just sit outside the Marina Mall by the adidias outlet. Lots of beautiful girls walking past and many looking to earn a few dollars more.

I have been sitting out there and even had girls approach while talking to my then gf now asawa sitting next to me.

Mr Hawaii
02-09-09, 06:09
Did not see a response to your questions. Phone: I always bring my Nokia that I bought in P.I., leave my USA cell phone home. A SIM card that you buy (100p) in the P.I. can be loaded and reloaded with 100p cards, 300p, or even 500p cards. Any clerk where you buy the load will show you how to load it. You can use these cards to call anywhere in the world, I use mine to check on things back in USA. Again, the kind girls there will tell/show you how to do all this.

Plane reservations can be done there after you arrive. Travel agents are all over the place in Malate/Ermita. Beter deals can be had inside the country. Read up on reports posted to find people's choice in hotels, etc.

X Man
02-09-09, 12:04
Yes, good advice. Marina mall is more like a high class food court rather than a mal. AoverB doesnt mention a time, but I guess anytime could be lucky time.

Does anyone have any info at about the nearby WHite HOuse?

I found the Italian restaurant at Marina to have ok food, poor service. The nearby Irish pub had terrible service but good beer.

X

ps, in my opinion the best restaurants on Mactan are the fresh seafood places near Lapu monument.

If you prefer the outdoor pick up scene just sit outside the Marina Mall by the adidias outlet. Lots of beautiful girls walking past and many looking to earn a few dollars more.

I have been sitting out there and even had girls approach while talking to my then gf now asawa sitting next to me.

Cuba Tourist
02-10-09, 03:14
I will be leaving from Atlanta to the Philippines in mid June and planning to spend most of my time there, returning around September 1. I would like to have 3 or 4 days to stop off somewhere. Any suggestions on getting a good price and figuring out where I can stop off at that would be interesting and economical? Any consolidators who really sell tickets cheaper than Kayak or Expedia or any of the big names.

X Man
02-11-09, 01:15
Thailand is the first destination that comes to mind. Great food, historical sites, great beaches, inexpensive and some of the finest women I've ever seen.

I've heard a lot of good things about Indonesia, but never been there.

X

I will be leaving from Atlanta to the Philippines in mid June and planning to spend most of my time there, returning around September 1. I would like to have 3 or 4 days to stop off somewhere. Any suggestions on getting a good price and figuring out where I can stop off at that would be interesting and economical? Any consolidators who really sell tickets cheaper than Kayak or Expedia or any of the big names.

Busy Guy #2
02-12-09, 10:27
Hi All,

I've been going through the various threads looking at the information that is available and I would like to ask the knowledge gentlemen on this forum their opinion and advise on the following for a short holiday early in March. Please note that this will be my first trip to the Philipines.

- I am looking at a choice between the Hyatt and Dusit Thani in Manila. They both seem to serve the purpose just as well, but which hotel provides a broader range of services and is more accessible (considering what I've read about Manila traffic)?

- For planning purposes, what is estimate price to allocate for lunch and dinner and snacks on a per meal basis or per day basis? Some of the meals might be alone others may have company

Thanks for any guidance and looking forward to a lovely holiday.

Busy Guy #2

Ostevo
02-15-09, 03:11
If anyone is in PG, 15th-20.

PM me and we can have a few SML.

Joh Joh
02-17-09, 19:02
Special thanks to Assieoverboard and X-man for their reply to my questions about Lapu Lapu / Cebu. Your info is really helpfull.

Thanks!

Khun Larry
02-21-09, 20:25

Thanks!

If you are going to Alona beach bring a lady from cebu with you, slim pickens. Did not see much on the lower part of Panglao when I was there 2 years ago, nada.

Khun Larry
02-22-09, 13:03
BKK to Clark Tues Feb 24th for a few days in AC then on to Subic.

Next stop Leyte popping out the south end over to Surigao (arrive March 5- 6) then down to Davao (March 9). Airplane to Cebu then Manila and back to BKK on March 15

Give a shout if you are in any of these areas.

Wrong Info
02-22-09, 17:10
If you are going to Alona beach bring a lady from cebu with you, slim pickens. Did not see much on the lower part of Panglao when I was there 2 years ago, nada.This is my experience in most of the Beach Towns like Alona , Subic, MalBoal, Boracay , Lapu Lapu, for the most part you are better off in the city if it is pussy you hunting.

There may be some small action but for the most part if you are looking for lots of girls and fun the small beach town is not the place in the Philippines.

HornyGeorge
02-24-09, 06:10
LapuLapu is not much of a "beach town", but it has fair bit of action although nothing like Mandaue (across the bridge on the mainland side) or Cebu City. The Sabang district of Puerto Galera and Barrio Barretto district of Olangapo have the most pro action of any "beachtown."

Devils 1
02-27-09, 21:21
It looks like i am going to be in Manila from March 20 thru the 29. Will be staying in Makati. Going to do some hardcore pussy chasing at LA Cafe, EDSA and Burgos St. If anyone is around or would like to meet up wiith a wingman let me know.

I have been to Manila 5 times so i know my way around pretty well.

Also, i would love to hook up with someone that knows the Quezon City action spots. If so i will buy drinks in return for you showing me the ropes!

Kobe Bryant
03-04-09, 16:46
After numerous trips to Thailand I am planning diving holidays in the Philippines (esp. Negros). But before going diving I want to make a one-week roundtrip through the North Philippines/Luzon to see the banaue rice terraces, Mount Pinatobu. Are there special companies for these roundtrips. And I want to make this roundtrip with a nice Philippina tourguide (because I want to have fun in the night also). In the internet I found butterlytravel.com, anybody know more about my interests?

Greetings from cold Germany

Guenther

Sinning Desi
03-06-09, 21:21
I'll be in MNL for two nights, on 9 and 10 March. If anyone wants to go out in the Makati area with a wingman, let me know. I've been in MNL several times, but hate going out alone. Much better to be with someone to shoot the shit with between beating of the girls. Reply in this forum and let me know.

Tacamoherc
03-07-09, 14:09
After numerous trips to Thailand I am planning diving holidays in the Philippines (esp. Negros). But before going diving I want to make a one-week roundtrip through the North Philippines/Luzon to see the banaue rice terraces, Mount Pinatobu. Are there special companies for these roundtrips. And I want to make this roundtrip with a nice Philippina tourguide (because I want to have fun in the night also). In the internet I found butterlytravel.com, anybody know more about my interests?

Greetings from cold Germany

GuentherI just got back from Manila and used the Swagman hotels travel office for what you asking. One in manila or Angeles City, they offer tours to Banaue and surronding areas which I think are at least 6 day tours. Also offer flights around Mt Pinatobu and 4-wheel vehicles to the area. Here is the # for the hotel in Manila and maybe they can give travel office #,523-8541 to 45

Sorry you will have to provide your own travel compaion which is not hard to find in Angeles City or Manila/Ermita area. Good luck

Tacamoherc

X Man
03-10-09, 02:23
The Philippines does not allow visitors who have a passport that will expire within six months.

Can someone explain the logic to me? I can't think of any good reason for doing this.

Anyway, need to get by but down to the embassy...

X

Capt Crunch
03-10-09, 05:19
The Philippines does not allow visitors who have a passport that will expire within six months.

Can someone explain the logic to me? I can't think of any good reason for doing this.

Anyway, need to get by but down to the embassy...

XWhen purchased my e-ticket with One Travel i happen to read the fine print at the bottom and they mentioned that the airline(Northwest) may not allow me to board if my passport was due to expire within 6 months.

I was forced to scramble a little, as my passport was set to expire within 5 months of my depature; and i was able to get my passport expedited within two weeks at an additional cost.

Puerto La Cruz
03-10-09, 11:37
The issue of entry into the Phils within six months of expiration of your passport is entirely within the discretion of the person examining your passport at point of entry. The issue almost arose with me a year ago when I learned of this policy and I would have been within this six month rule about a month before I was leaving for the Phils. Given the month to six weeks of lag time from submission of a passport application to receipt of the actual passport, I was there on the edge and didn't want to be told to turn around and go home after a 24 hour trip. Problem was easily solved by paying about double the ordinary price by ordering an expedited passport which I received in about ten days.

When I learned of my six month problem I started researching the remedies and came across many passport processing agencies on the internet that would charge anywhere to $150.00 on up to obtain an expedited passport. You mail the application plus application fee to them and they merely Fed Ex your papers and fees to the Department of State. I merely dropped my application and check off at the courthouse that I work in and got my expedited passport in ten days.

Fredje1961
03-10-09, 11:42
Actually, most countries have this rule.

Anyway, need to get by but down to the embassy.

X

X Man
03-10-09, 13:22
Ten days! You and I may be from different countries.

Glad to hear you got your pp on time, but I still don't know the logic of the Philippine govt. Maybe I should call the local Philippine embassy and ask.

Hmmm, last time I called them with a question I felt it had been a waste of time.

X

The issue of entry into the Phils within six months of expiration of your passport is entirely within the discretion of the person examining your passport at point of entry. The issue almost arose with me a year ago when I learned of this policy and I would have been within this six month rule about a month before I was leaving for the Phils. Given the month to six weeks of lag time from submission of a passport application to receipt of the actual passport, I was there on the edge and didn't want to be told to turn around and go home after a 24 hour trip. Problem was easily solved by paying about double the ordinary price by ordering an expedited passport which I received in about ten days.

When I learned of my six month problem I started researching the remedies and came across many passport processing agencies on the internet that would charge anywhere to $150.00 on up to obtain an expedited passport. You mail the application plus application fee to them and they merely Fed Ex your papers and fees to the Department of State. I merely dropped my application and check off at the courthouse that I work in and got my expedited passport in ten days.

Cuba Tourist
03-12-09, 03:16
My passport expired 3 or 4 days after I left the country after my last visit. When I arrived, the immigration guy pointed this out to me, but then let me enter the country. No one at the airline had noticed this, nor had I. I also entered Japan for 1 day on the way home without comment.

John Dust
03-12-09, 20:27
Just a quick question. Is early April a good time to visit Cebu and Davao or will Easter find flight, hotel and girl bookings scarce? Would May be better?

Regards,

Buko Max
03-13-09, 02:03
Just a quick question. Is early April a good time to visit Cebu and Davao or will Easter find flight, hotel and girl bookings scarce? Would May be better?
This is a great time to visit but I would wait until Easter is over.
April and May marks the summer season and most colleges are on break
so your chances of running into some nice co-eds greatly increases, at least in Cebu!

Brastrav
03-14-09, 00:05
Hello to all,

I'm new in ISG. The past weeks I did a lot of reading here and the huge information of all kind I've found here is great. Therefore I wish to thank all the member here for the efforts they did.

I'm planning my first visit to the Philippines. Probably I'm going to travel to different cities. Unnecessary to say I need domestic airline tickets. I have seen that I easely can book online on the websites of Philippine Airlines and/or Cebu Pacific Air.

My question is. Do I need to book the needed flights well in advance – weeks, months – or can I just wait untill I'm there and book a week or even a few days before I willing to take domestic flights?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike Bel

Buko Max
03-14-09, 14:33
My question is. Do I need to book the needed flights well in advance – weeks, months – or can I just wait untill I'm there and book a week or even a few days before I willing to take domestic flights?
Welcome to the board Mike,

Yes you can book right up until the day of your flight! The price might be a little higher depending on availability. But that is a small price to pay for flexibility in your itinerary! You can book online, with an agent or one of the many airline company outlets.

Bob Bowie
03-14-09, 18:19
Welcome to the board Mike,

Yes you can book right up until the day of your flight! The price might be a little higher depending on availability. But that is a small price to pay for flexibility in your itinerary! You can book online, with an agent or one of the many airline company outlets.
For the bigger cities, I had no problem getting a good price the day before most of the domestic flights. I used both PAL and Cebu Pacific. I believe you can buy PAL online up to 48 hours before your flight.
Check their website.

Matius
03-15-09, 02:52
Watch the internet for special deals, particularly Cebu Pacific. Even Philippine Airline throws one on occasion. If you are doing domestic travel in Ph, its better to book that separate from your international flight, the price is generally in Peso and is cheaper. I've found the internet is always much cheaper than going through an agent, my experience. It becomes not so much booking in advance as watching the airline websites for their deals and discounts. Finally watch the weight limit on luggage, this is a new game Cebu Pacific is playing. The ticket is cheap, but the overweight on luggage for international, last time for me was approx. $10 USA Per kilo over the 15K allowed. Then they charge you again on your domestic transfers.

Buko Max
03-15-09, 15:34
For the bigger cities, I had no problem getting a good price the day before most of the domestic flights.
Yes I got a fare of just over 1600 php one way on CP from CEB to MNL earlier this month! Bought the ticket at their outlet in SM, no waiting.

Then they charge you again on your domestic transfers.Yes thats true but only 100 php per kilo over.

Devils 1
03-15-09, 17:20
I will be arriving in Manila on Friday morning and staying thru the following Sunday that is March 20-29. If anyone is around and would like to hook up let me know. Plan on going to Makati, LA Cafe and EDSA.

Puerto La Cruz
03-21-09, 15:52
It was one long assed Wisconsin winter here. First full winter I have spent here in that last 10 years. Given the economy and the decline in my business I was afraid to spend the money on a trip as flight alone from Chicago to Manila is around $1,300.00 right now.

Northwest is runninng their Spring Cash and Miles offer, I think until sometime in May. They showed $657.00 Chicago to Manila with 20,000 miles. I snapped at that like a salmon. Taxes brought it up to $825.00 but still, I'm getting the hell out of here for awhile.

I called my best girl and told her to get her bikinis ready cuz we're goinng to the beach. She has the sweetest little shaved pussy. Now its just a question of which beach. Life is good again.

GregLondon
03-22-09, 16:29
Hi guys,

I'm in Thailand right now and have about 6 weeks before I must return to Europe. Getting a little jaded with the Thai scene and besides I need to renew my visa so planning a trip elsewhere in SEA for 4. 6 weeks.

The Phils and Indonesia are top of the list (I was in Cambodia for a month in Feb). China is also a possibility but I'm afraid it'll be rather expensive given the way the currency has been appreciating and it's always a bit hit and miss as in my view the Chinese P4P market is a washout.

I've been to both Phils and Indo before but that was quite a few years ago and would like people's views on their relative merits.

As far as I can recall the main problem with Phils was the terrible food and rather overpriced accommodation. But the girls speak English and are often very passionate. There is also the possibility of picking up girls all over the place which I didn't find in Indo.

If I go to Indo is Jakarta the best place to head for? How does Surabaya compare? I've had a desire to travel around Flores, but I presume there is not much available talent there so one would have to try and find a gf willing to accompany you from somewhere else. How is the scene in Bali nowadays?

For anyone with Phils experience, I'm thinking of Manila- Cebu. CDO. Davao any comments on these?

Prince2
03-31-09, 22:40
Hi guys,

I'm in Thailand right now and have about 6 weeks before I must return to Europe. Getting a little jaded with the Thai scene and besides I need to renew my visa so planning a trip elsewhere in SEA for 4. 6 weeks.

The Phils and Indonesia are top of the list (I was in Cambodia for a month in Feb). China is also a possibility but I'm afraid it'll be rather expensive given the way the currency has been appreciating and it's always a bit hit and miss as in my view the Chinese P4P market is a washout.

I've been to both Phils and Indo before but that was quite a few years ago and would like people's views on their relative merits.

As far as I can recall the main problem with Phils was the terrible food and rather overpriced accommodation. But the girls speak English and are often very passionate. There is also the possibility of picking up girls all over the place which I didn't find in Indo.

If I go to Indo is Jakarta the best place to head for? How does Surabaya compare? I've had a desire to travel around Flores, but I presume there is not much available talent there so one would have to try and find a gf willing to accompany you from somewhere else. How is the scene in Bali nowadays?

For anyone with Phils experience, I'm thinking of Manila- Cebu. CDO. Davao any comments on these?

There are other board members on here with far greater experience of these venues but i'll give you my pennies worth:

PHILLS

Manila/Cebu - prices are on par with China
LT options are plentifull
GFE is usually on the menu
Angeles - All of the above at a 30/40% discount

INDO (JAKARTA)

LT options are limited - but available
ST options are off the hook
Girls are generally far more attractive
Gfe is available but harder to find
Many girls are scared of going with non-asians
Jakarta is a complete ***** to navigate in a car. You can waste valuable mongering time moving from one venue to the next.

Amavida
04-01-09, 01:06
Hi guys, I'm in Thailand right now ... Getting a little jaded with the Thai scene...Thats understandable, do you have friction burns yet ;)

As far as I can recall the main problem with Phils was the terrible food and rather overpriced accommodation. But the girls speak English and are often very passionate. There is also the possibility of picking up girls all over the place which I didn't find in Indo.Yes thats my experience also.

If I go to Indo is Jakarta the best place to head for?
For anyone with Phils experience, I'm thinking of Manila- Cebu. CDO. Davao any comments on these?Im planning a run to Indon also. The Indon board advised me that Jakarta is the place to go. Bali is like Pattya.. a beach scene full of drunken tourist yob's. I understand Indon scene is like Thai scene, little english & ST is most common. Some say higher percentage of lookers, we'll see about that! Phils scene is warmer & friendlier with LT common.

Manila is the most expensive place in Phils to purchase sex but freebies & amateurs are plentiful also. The further away you go from Manila the cheaper the prices with lots of freebies/amateurs. May have to look harder for stunners tho. Angeles city is the cheapest & most commercial sex venue in PI. Lots of bars with lots of girls. If all you want is lots of sex its great but like you said, you get jaded. Cebu & to a lesser extent Davao offer a little tourist relaxation for a change. CDO? dont know that there is much tourism to be had but plenty of girls looking to catch a fish! ;)
AV

Cunning Stunt
04-01-09, 02:44
Bali is like Pattya.. a beach scene full of drunken tourist yob's.
AV

That is just Kuta - AV, which is, admittedly full of drunken youngbloods, mainly Aussies:D. Samar is much more laid back and quiet and is the main location of the infamous X-houses, which are the Indo Casa's (*****houses).

Amavida
04-01-09, 02:55
That is just Kuta - AV, which is, admittedly full of drunken youngbloods, mainly Aussies:D. Samar is much more laid back and quiet and is the main location of the infamous X-houses, which are the Indo Casa's (*****houses).Thanks for the intel GH! Filed away for future reference!
AV

Robbaf
04-03-09, 22:37
I just booked flights online with Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific. I could not do this in the past, but last Wednesday, I booked online using an American credit card that used the Verified by Visa password.

Also, Cebu Pacific just had a 1,000,000 seat promo last week. Alot of tickets sold and when I went to book a flight that I have flown 20 times, and never had a problem getting a seat, it was already sold out.

Robb

Rosco4444
04-05-09, 13:23
Can anyone tell me which airlines are currently flying HK to Clarke direct?

Any info appreciated.

Lustforthrust
04-05-09, 13:43

Any info appreciated.

http://www.cebupacificair.com/

Dan 357
04-05-09, 13:46

Any info appreciated.I believe that Cebu Pacific has a direct flight.

Their website has the schedule and rates seem okay as of now.

Fast Eddie 48
04-06-09, 00:02
I believe that Cebu Pacific has a direct flight.

Their website has the schedule and rates seem okay as of now.Dan,

They also have one flight a day from Macau to clark is cheaper than HKG, it is about 1180 HKD with tax for round trip flight.

Fast Eddie 48

Saibb
04-06-09, 17:53
Just booked a flight with this airline. Think it went through. Got email from them saying I was going to a different city, with a different name, different con.#, and a different price. At least they got my address right. Will give them a couple of days to figure it out. May be easier just to book from manila.
Later, SB46

Wizard561
04-18-09, 06:43
Except for Cebu Pacific is there any other airline that flies to Borakay from HK?

Wizard

Rosco4444
04-18-09, 08:36
Thanks for the heads-up on CebuPacific. Booked HK to Clarke [AC] return for $81 US$. Processed easily online. Excellent value.

Cheers, Rosco

Rosco4444
04-18-09, 08:42
I see Cebu Pacific does a BKK run direct from Clark return around $200 US......so if the AC mongering gets a little boring......

Hehehehe. Rosco

BayView
04-19-09, 02:09
Heading to Manila the first week of May. No plans beyond that. I plan to bounce around. AC, Cebu, Davo, maybe Subic too. I've got a couple of weeks to make choices and find a hotel room. I'm trying to decide on a night in Manila or not. I'll also be hitting Thailand and Vietnam.

X Man
04-19-09, 11:49
Congrats. Was there a question in there, or are you just trying to make the rest of us feel bad?

X

Heading to Manila the first week of May. No plans beyond that. I plan to bounce around. AC, Cebu, Davo, maybe Subic too. I've got a couple of weeks to make choices and find a hotel room. I'm trying to decide on a night in Manila or not. I'll also be hitting Thailand and Vietnam.

Genghois
04-21-09, 15:24
The plan looks like this:

Apr 25-29 AC
Apr 29-May 3 Manila (Makati)
May 3, 4 Cebu
May 4-10 Davao
May 10, 11 Manila

Anybody who wants to team up for a beer and some hunting, drop me a PM.

Onlineranger
04-25-09, 17:19
Hi,

I will be staying at Pan Pacific hotel on 29th, 30th and 31st of May.

What are the best places around this hotel for mongering?

I would love to hear from other members who will be there around that time for a drink or mongering.

Spam Hog
04-27-09, 06:59
Spamhog will be in Manila end of may going to Subic.....unfortunately will have Mrs Spamhog along so no mongering.

Spamhog

Surfer
04-27-09, 19:21
Sh,

I will be there around that time too and hope to finally meet you and the misses.

I lost my cell with your phone number so if you could send me a PM with your number would be most appreciative.

Ezinho
05-01-09, 08:49
I'll be going to the Philippines on June 1st. I am flying Cebu Pacific and my flight lands in Manila at 12:30 am on the 2nd. I was planning to go to Angeles City so my question is, can anyone recommend a hotel near the Victory Liner Bus terminal that I can stay in for 8-12 hours, tops? Or should I consider staying farther away from the bus station in a better part of town? I would like to spend as little time as possible in Manila.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cunning Stunt
05-01-09, 10:16
I'll be going to the Philippines on June 1st. I am flying Cebu Pacific and my flight lands in Manila at 12:30 am on the 2nd. I was planning to go to Angeles City so my question is, can anyone recommend a hotel near the Victory Liner Bus terminal that I can stay in for 8-12 hours, tops? Or should I consider staying farther away from the bus station in a better part of town? I would like to spend as little time as possible in Manila.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Presume that you mean the Victory Liner Terminal in Pasay (there are terminals in Sampaloc, Cubao and other places)? If so there are numerous ST hotels in the vicinity of Taft LRT, of which the best would probably be Sogo Hotel which is located virtually underneath Taft LRT station, and good for an 8-12 hour stay.

You do know that VL Buses only go to Dau (en route to Dagupan and Baguio)? For a direct service to Angeles you have to go to Philippine Rabbit terminal on Recto (again near to an LRT station, D Jose). There is another Sogo located a short hop away in Carriedo (lots of street action nearby if you are interested).

Hope you don't have much luggage. If you have, you might be better grabbing a taxi (P2000, or P1500 if you bargain hard, but not an Airport taxi which will be far more) or getting the Swagman bus from Ermita.

Biggusdickus
05-15-09, 22:41
Hi everybody!

Sorry for asking newby-questions but I've only been to Angeles in March/April so far. Now this year I'm planning to go back there once more in July or August.

The question is: What can I expect? The same as in April, except that I will need an umbrella? Or is there considerably less action going on? Would you recommend going there in July or in August? Or doesn't it matter at all?

Thanks for your advice to all experienced users!

Bd

X Man
05-16-09, 15:20
Great post by the Gamahucker,

Where was GH 15 years ago when I first took a bus to AC? I didn't have enough sense to get off at Dau (duh)....but made an inquiry shortly after leaving the Dau terminal.

Oops, having realized my mistake I got dropped off a minute or two out of the terminal. Good thing I asked. I got on a jeepney which took me somewhere in the city, then a trike, and somehow made it to the strip. It didn't seem very pleasant at the time, but it was a learning experience.

The next visit I took a taxi. As GH suggests, there is the swaggy bus.

http://www.swaggy.com/index_flythebus.htm

X

Presume that you mean the Victory Liner Terminal in Pasay (there are terminals in Sampaloc, Cubao and other places)? If so there are numerous ST hotels in the vicinity of Taft LRT, of which the best would probably be Sogo Hotel which is located virtually underneath Taft LRT station, and good for an 8-12 hour stay.

You do know that VL Buses only go to Dau (en route to Dagupan and Baguio)? For a direct service to Angeles you have to go to Philippine Rabbit terminal on Recto (again near to an LRT station, D Jose). There is another Sogo located a short hop away in Carriedo (lots of street action nearby if you are interested).

Hope you don't have much luggage. If you have, you might be better grabbing a taxi (P2000, or P1500 if you bargain hard, but not an Airport taxi which will be far more) or getting the Swagman bus from Ermita.

X Man
05-16-09, 15:32
I don't live in the Philippines, but me thinks the July / August period will provide plenty of entertainment, but considerably more competition.

You have the Germans with their incredibly long holidays - often used in summer. Also, the friggin unbearable Americans typically take their holidays in the summer. And then you have the Japanese who manage to squeeze about a week of pleasure out of their workaholic lives in early August. Yen is strong now, so hopefully they will displace the barbarian Koreans.

Why am I replying to someone who is named Bigdickus?

X

Hi everybody!

Sorry for asking newby-questions but I've only been to Angeles in March/April so far. Now this year I'm planning to go back there once more in July or August.

The question is: What can I expect? The same as in April, except that I will need an umbrella? Or is there considerably less action going on? Would you recommend going there in July or in August? Or doesn't it matter at all?

Bd

Anonymous
05-16-09, 18:43
Hi everybody!

BdIt's been my experience the only time you would have a problem would be on Easter and Christmas. Other than that, you should find it exactly the same as far as meeting women regardless of the month. The supply is much larger than the demand.

Cunning Stunt
05-17-09, 04:13
I love it when you post your pithy comments when you have obviously had one too many cups of sake, X.

...Also, the friggin unbearable Americans typically take their holidays in the summer....

Hang about......:D.

Why am I replying to someone who is named Bigdickus?

Biggus Dickus, you barbarian - have you never seen the funniest movie in living memory?

'Always look on the bright side of life'

G

Handydan
05-17-09, 14:10
What is a good online travel guide for phil?

Similair to travelfish and Camby!

http://www.travelfish.org/

http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/cambodiahome.htm

Cheers

===============================================

Hi Handydan,

With all due respect, experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Orangevale Rob
05-23-09, 06:18
Does anyone have any advice for things to do, places to go etc. , in the Phils? I like to fish and would love to do some offshore fishing, but it gets expensive if you're the only customer on the boat. I'd also like to try to find some non-P4P ladies if I could manage. I hear Davao is good for that. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some other mongers too. Planned dates are somewhere around July 1. July 18.

Thanks

Spam Hog
05-25-09, 02:45
Does anyone have any advice for things to do, places to go etc. , in the Phils? I like to fish and would love to do some offshore fishing, but it gets expensive if you're the only customer on the boat. I'd also like to try to find some non-P4P ladies if I could manage. I hear Davao is good for that. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some other mongers too. Planned dates are somewhere around July 1. July 18.

ThanksI'm an ex Monger who has lived in Thailand and now live in the PI (Cebu), I love to fish but there is very little commercial fishing here, most of the money is in diveing so the boat owners cater to that. There is some commercial fishing up around Luzon when the have an annual sail fish and marlin rodeo.

What you are going to run into here is some guy with a native BANCA who will take you offshore and let you try your luck with skipjack, grouper and "Barile" small yellow fin tuna best places are camiguin, Boracay and some of the Islands in Cebu like Malapasqua, Bantayan and Moalboal, the later I do every once in awhile, I will discuss Davao seperately later. Not much in the way of fishing gear here, you can usually find some limited equipment in the sporting goods stores in the larger SM or Ayala Malls.

You might want to try pond fishing, many "cultured" fish ponds which have small cottages you can stay overnight and fish all day for Talapia (Like giant sunfish or bass) or Bangus, I love catching bangus on a small rod, they leap and jump and put up a hell of a fight. Davao near Toril has an excellent pay per fish pond.

Poon is easier to find in the PI than in Thailand, different attitude, Thai girls are pure mercenary, greatest at sex and not to be trusted worth a damn, most speak little english. PI girls have a different attitude, are all looking for the foreign BF, read a husband, but are lots of fun if you get the right one, the line between freelancer, P4P and 'regular girl' vs hard core pro, dancing naked in a bar GRO can sometimes blur but finding a "regular" girl is easy. Can't trust them much either but better than Thai's most speak good english.
If you get to Cebu give me a PM.

Spamhog

Broko
05-25-09, 07:29
I will visit Angeles for the first time from June 8 till June 11.

Anyone there to show a newbie around?

X Man
05-25-09, 13:33
SH, can't remember the last time I used or heard the word "poon".

For our non English speaking friends, it is a derivitive of poontang (****/ sex) which was borrowed from the French "putain". One of the words above will be editted out automatically. Think cuuunnnt, which means vagggggina. A doctor might ask a woman about her vagggina, but not cuuuunnnnt. Unless of course he is talking to his HHHORE. Oh, and putain in the original French means hhhore. If any of you Frenchhh FFFuckers notice any mistakes, please speak up.

X

I'm an ex Monger who has lived in Thailand and now live in the PI (Cebu), I love to fish but there is very little commercial fishing here, most of the money is in diveing so the boat owners cater to that. There is some commercial fishing up around Luzon when the have an annual sail fish and marlin rodeo.

What you are going to run into here is some guy with a native BANCA who will take you offshore and let you try your luck with skipjack, grouper and "Barile" small yellow fin tuna best places are camiguin, Boracay and some of the Islands in Cebu like Malapasqua, Bantayan and Moalboal, the later I do every once in awhile, I will discuss Davao seperately later. Not much in the way of fishing gear here, you can usually find some limited equipment in the sporting goods stores in the larger SM or Ayala Malls.

You might want to try pond fishing, many "cultured" fish ponds which have small cottages you can stay overnight and fish all day for Talapia (Like giant sunfish or bass) or Bangus, I love catching bangus on a small rod, they leap and jump and put up a hell of a fight. Davao near Toril has an excellent pay per fish pond.

Poon is easier to find in the PI than in Thailand, different attitude, Thai girls are pure mercenary, greatest at sex and not to be trusted worth a damn, most speak little english. PI girls have a different attitude, are all looking for the foreign BF, read a husband, but are lots of fun if you get the right one, the line between freelancer, P4P and 'regular girl' vs hard core pro, dancing naked in a bar GRO can sometimes blur but finding a "regular" girl is easy. Can't trust them much either but better than Thai's most speak good english.
If you get to Cebu give me a PM.

Spamhog

Spam Hog
05-26-09, 06:24
SH, can't remember the last time I used or heard the word "poon".

For our non English speaking friends, it is a derivitive of poontang (****/ sex) which was borrowed from the French "putain". One of the words above will be editted out automatically. Think cuuunnnt, which means vagggggina. A doctor might ask a woman about her vagggina, but not cuuuunnnnt. Unless of course he is talking to his HHHORE. Oh, and putain in the original French means hhhore. If and of you Frenchhh FFFuckers notice any mistakes, please speak up.

X

What can I say, I'm an old fashioned guy who uses outdated verbage. Poon was the most common among my GI buddies when us 19YO fools used to go on spending sprees in Saigon and BKK. As in "Wall to wall poon" short indeed for Poontang, which takes too long to say. However, 'poon' can also be confused with the Visayan word for "Bxstard" ie: 'Poontango' Not a literal bxstard with questionable parentage but a real "bxstard" a lowlife, A SOB.

Slang is facinatin' ain't it?

Spamhog

X Man
05-26-09, 12:12
Saigon? You're older than you look...

Speakin' of slang, how did you come up with SpamHog?

X Man (the movie, it is short and easy to remember, x-rated topics at ISG)

What can I say, I'm an old fashioned guy who uses outdated verbage. Poon was the most common among my GI buddies when us 19YO fools used to go on spending sprees in Saigon and BKK. As in "Wall to wall poon" short indeed for Poontang, which takes too long to say. However, 'poon' can also be confused with the Visayan word for "Bxstard" ie: 'Poontango' Not a literal bxstard with questionable parentage but a real "bxstard" a lowlife, A SOB.

Slang is facinatin' ain't it?

Spamhog

Spam Hog
05-27-09, 06:12
Saigon? You're older than you look...

Speakin' of slang, how did you come up with SpamHog?

X Man (the movie, it is short and easy to remember, x-rated topics at ISG)

The name spamhog was "won" in E. Timor during my tenure as a "peace keeper) or was it piece keeper?. I was one of the four original "horny hogs" of E. Timor. Root hog (so named for the length of his 'weapon) Road hog (X motorcycle cop) Boar hog (He specialized in dog style, aka "boar hogging")
and of course me. I earned the name "spam" hog when I hacked into our anal retentive kill joy female section chief's computer and had tons of lesbian oriented porn (spam) sent to her email which drove her nuts.

Spamhog

Devils 1
05-29-09, 07:25
I just noticed that Filipine Air has cut one of their daily flights between Manila and Los Angeles. They only have 2 per day so they are halfing it! If you are flying in the near future and have already made your reservation you need to check if you are affected.

I assume they have cut alot of other flights also since this Manila-LAX flight is one of their busiest.

They made no effort to contact me and their solution to the travel problems it will cause me was less than concern!

FurryFriend
06-03-09, 19:26
I'm in Angeles for the first time and staying at Hotel Amsterdam. Please message me with your cell if you can meet up for some barhoppin'! I'll buy you a draft beer. I'm from Las Vegas and was in Hong Kong for a week and decided to come here as a side vacation.

SirBoneman
06-04-09, 11:06
I'm in Angeles for the first time and staying at Hotel Amsterdam. Please message me with your cell if you can meet up for some barhoppin'! I'll buy you a draft beer. I'm from Las Vegas and was in Hong Kong for a week and decided to come here as a side vacation.Welcome too the Land Of Return. Now that you're here, I'm sure before you leave, you're be planning your next trip return. Yes. New comer."The Land Of Return." Have a good time. I will be there in August and September. If you return doing that time, I would introduce you too some ladies that will apply too "The Land Of Return." I like that motto. Enjoy!

Manfest
06-09-09, 22:35
There are older reports of CP not processing foreign credit card charges, but newer reports that maybe this problem had been resolved. Unfortunately, I just tried with 2 different Visa and Mastercards without success. Needless to say, this is frustrating but not unexpected for commerce in the good old Philippines.

If anyone has any great new ideas, please let me/us know.

FurryFriend
06-10-09, 03:07
Welcome too the Land Of Return. Now that you're here, I'm sure before you leave, you're be planning your next trip return.

Yes, I'm already looking forward to my next trip in 6-8 months!

There are older reports of CP not processing foreign credit card charges, but newer reports that maybe this problem had been resolved. Unfortunately, I just tried with 2 different Visa and Mastercards without success. Needless to say, this is frustrating but not unexpected for commerce in the good old Philippines.

I work in the credit card business. The people blocking the charges are the credit card companies themselves who feel the Philippines is a risky place to do business. Before charging or going there, call your credit card company and tell them to expect charges from the Philippines. That will drastically reduce the chances of a declined charge.

I tried to book a ticket on Cebu Pacific's website three weeks ago. The charge was declined. Literally 30 seconds later, my cellphone rings. My credit card company called to inquire about the charge. When I told them it was OK, they asked me to re-do the charge. Of course, it went through and I bought my ticket.

Svhsvh
06-18-09, 06:06
Hey guys,

First post here and thought I would mention that I will be in Cebu and Angeles from September 22 through October 5 or 6.

I'm in Hong Kong before that for a hockey tournament of all things, then will go to Cebu until probably Sept. 26 or something, then on to AC until the end of my trip.

I've never been to the Philippines before, so if anyone is around during that time, maybe we could go check the scene out together once or twice.

Not entirely sure where I'm staying in AC, has anyone heard anything about the Central Park?

Drop me a line if anyone's interested.

Dodger Bulldog
06-18-09, 14:30

If anyone has any great new ideas, please let me/us know.I recently bought two tickets on Cebu Pacific. I had lots of problems, but just kept trying and trying with two different cards.

After six tries I finally got the first ticket. It took nine tries to eventually get the second one, on a different card.

Afterwards I called the card companies up to see what the deal was. They both claimed they were the ones who blocked the charge since it was coming from Asia. That doesn't make much sense though, for two reasons:

1. I had informed them in advance I would be in Asia and they should note on my accounts to allow the charges from here go through.

2. If they were blocking me, they aren't very good at it, since they eventually let the charges occur.

Anyway, hang in there, and keep trying. It worked for me.

Seeing how I got a roundtrip flight from Hong Kong to Clark including all taxes, fees, and checked baggage for $67, and the same deal from Clark to Bangkok for $54, it was definitely worth it!!!

Hope this helps.

DB

Fredje1961
06-23-09, 08:25
ok, the question below doesn't need an answer any more, one of my yahoo chat buddies told me "just ask mamasan"

Gentlemen,

I'll be travelling in The Philippines this coming September (we're still developing the travel program).

Luckily for me, wife also enjoys company of asian girls, so we're hoping to find nice company from time to time.

Could any of you give us some pointers where and how it would be easiest to find true bisexual girls? Should we go to bars? Other places?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

F

Cuba Tourist
06-25-09, 08:08
In Angeles now. any one wants to meet?

Guitar Man
06-25-09, 16:53
I am coming to the Philippines on July 7 for 7 weeks.

At the moment my plans are vague - I am buying a ticket into Manila but from reports on this forum I am thinking of heading straight off to either Davao or Cebu.
Any thoughts on which is better for mongering?

Also anyone interested in meeting up in either of those places later in July?

Devils 1
06-27-09, 00:14

At the moment my plans are vague - I am buying a ticket into Manila but from reports on this forum I am thinking of heading straight off to either Davao or Cebu.

Also anyone interested in meeting up in either of those places later in July?Guitar Man,

I just returned from the Phils including 2 looooooong days in Davao. The reports of all the great mongering that go on there are greatly exagerated. There are a ton of average looking, very nieve women that are dieing to be your girlfriend. But all of the stuff written in the Davao thread about Davao being just like Manila but cheaper and with less competition are complete horse shit. There is very little to do there and unless you want to invest valuable time in nailing a bunch of 6-7's I recommend you focus on Cebu/Manila. I went to all of the so-callled "A" list places in Davao and it was embarrasing how lame it was!

Starchild2012
06-27-09, 06:19

Having lived in Cebu and Manila. I think you will enjoy a true tourist monger lifestyle in Cebu minus the hard traffic, pollution, ripoff taxi drivers from manila.

But, as you are visiting, i would suggest to check all places manila, cebu and davoa and see for yourself which place you like.

GregLondon
06-27-09, 06:28

I've spent the last month in Cebu. I really don't like Manila, too big and polluted. Cebu is also that but at least on a smaller scale. I haven't tried any of the clubs and have relied completing on contacts from Date in Asia. I usually have 2 or 3 girls a day. My suspicion is that there are girls in Davao are even keener as they get less foreigners there. I was intending to go there, but have had too many girls here to deal with.

Manfest
07-03-09, 22:37
Like some other Asian countries, landing in MNL consisted of filling out a health questionnaire and infrared checking of temperature at the terminal.

The funny thing was that they spent a very long time collecting the forms, manually looking at each form for some reason, very inefficient. And, when I passed the temp check area, I looked back and saw that the probe was probably broken! They were just staring at a blank screen! No wonder there are so many H1N1 cases here

Spam Hog
07-08-09, 06:36
I've spent the last month in Cebu. I really don't like Manila, too big and polluted. Cebu is also that but at least on a smaller scale. I haven't tried any of the clubs and have relied completing on contacts from Date in Asia. I usually have 2 or 3 girls a day. My suspicion is that there are girls in Davao are even keener as they get less foreigners there. I was intending to go there, but have had too many girls here to deal with.

Having lived in Cebu for almost four years now and Davao for about 3, I can tell you that Cebu is much better female wise. Yes there are Plenty of ladies in Davao and many less foreigners, big ugly white guys like myself are still something of a novelty, you are more likely to meet girls in the mall rather than go bar hunting but their bar scene is not much to speak of, not like Cebu. The Cebu ladies are plenty friendly, no problem meeting 'em outside the bar.

Spamhog

Spam Hog
07-08-09, 06:41

Also anyone interested in meeting up in either of those places later in July?Davao is still like the wild west, bars are kind of ratty, everything is a step lower, it's okay if you are used to that sort of thing but can be a big shock if you are not. You can meet women on the street easier as foreigners are still a novelty. Cebu has more to do, more variety and better mongering bars, KTV's etc for the sheer P4P, but also you can meet women on the street and in the Mall's, very friendly.

Manila sucks, hate it.

Spamhog

Gilbert
07-08-09, 07:33
I will be in Angeles starting on july 25 for 8 days. If anyone is interested in getting together, contact me.

SD Dago
07-19-09, 09:04
I'll be in town tomorrow night and was planning to visit Greenbelt 3 in makati to hit the hooka pipe awhile and enjoy the scenery near the Havana Bar. Might check out the LA Cafe as well. Not planning to stay long in Manila though. I am gonna head south to PG, Apo Reef, Dumaguette, and maybe Moal Boal for some diving if the weather cooperates.

Anyway if anyone is around and wants to hook up, then hit me up at [Email address deleted by Admin] and maybe we can meet and bar hop together. I'll check my email before I step out for the evening. I'll be situated in Malate.

Nick

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Gold Digger21
07-20-09, 10:21
Hi,

You should come over to Cebu for theres a lot of fun here.

I'll be in town tomorrow night and was planning to visit Greenbelt 3 in makati to hit the hooka pipe awhile and enjoy the scenery near the Havana Bar. Might check out the LA Cafe as well. Not planning to stay long in Manila though. I am gonna head south to PG, Apo Reef, Dumaguette, and maybe Moal Boal for some diving if the weather cooperates.

Anyway if anyone is around and wants to hook up, then hit me up at [Email address deleted by Admin] and maybe we can meet and bar hop together. I'll check my email before I step out for the evening. I'll be situated in Malate.

Nick

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Gringoguy
07-21-09, 01:01
Let me know, if you are around and do some bar hopping. Always stayed around Greenbelt or P.Burgos. Saw couple of nice deals around rockwell power plant area too.

FireWalker
07-22-09, 22:51
Hey guys,

First post here and thought I would mention that I will be in Cebu and Angeles from September 22 through October 5 or 6.

I'm in Hong Kong before that for a hockey tournament of all things, then will go to Cebu until probably Sept. 26 or something, then on to AC until the end of my trip.

I've never been to the Philippines before, so if anyone is around during that time, maybe we could go check the scene out together once or twice.

Not entirely sure where I'm staying in AC, has anyone heard anything about the Central Park?

Central Park is fine. If you need less expensive alternative let me know. Definitely stay a few days in AC. I should be there then, PM me if you want to barhop with someone.

Blizz
07-30-09, 07:32
Hey All,

I will be in Cebu from August 5 through August 25. Might go to other places as well, haven't decided yet. I spend some quality time in South east Asia, but this will be my first time in Phil.

Hitting bars is always more fun together, so let me know if you feel like getting a beer or whatever. I am 34.

Also I am thinking about staying at Eddie's hotel. If anyone have experience with this hotel please let me know.

Ciao

Spam Hog
07-30-09, 12:13
Hey All,

I will be in Cebu from August 5 through August 25. Might go to other places as well, haven't decided yet. I spend some quality time in South east Asia, but this will be my first time in Phil.

Hitting bars is always more fun together, so let me know if you feel like getting a beer or whatever. I am 34.

Also I am thinking about staying at Eddie's hotel. If anyone have experience with this hotel please let me know.

Ciao

Stayed there many a time back in my mongering days which have been curtailed due to marriage....oh well, always liked Eddies, right around the corner walking distance are all the bars like the black hole etc, but my fav is in the other direction, literally across from eddies...the lone star...low bar fine always rowdy wild girls.

Spamhog

Paul2020
07-30-09, 12:56
Hey All,

Ciao

Stayed at Eddie's on July 19 and 20. Very clean. Free Wi-Fi in restaurant which unfortunately doesn't reach most of the rooms. Great value for money.

X Man
07-30-09, 15:15
Thanks for the review. I'll add that it has a great location if you want to be near p4p sites. Great value for money....but you didn't give us a price!

X

Stayed at Eddie's on July 19 and 20. Very clean. Free Wi-Fi in restaurant which unfortunately doesn't reach most of the rooms. Great value for money.

Paul2020
07-30-09, 15:55
Thanks for the review. I'll add that it has a great location if you want to be near p4p sites. Great value for money....but you didn't give us a price!

X
You are absolutely right about the location. Sorry to have not mentioned the price. I paid 1,930 for a Deluxe Double. Rates for rooms are on the hotel web site.

Spam Hog
07-31-09, 02:09
Just to add to Eddies, in the day's of yore I used to pay around P1400 a night, as I recall a delux room was a bit more maybe P1,600...the difference? well a delux was a bit larger and the cockroaches sometimes put on a floor show.

You might also try Mango park and my favorite mongering palace previously the Richmond hotel which has converted some of their upper rooms to condos and rent by the month. All those places you can walk to the Monger areas especially the Lone star.

Don't forget the Northwinds and Castle peak, cheapest around...say 1200 range.

Yeah they are GF, have to be with all the foreigners bringing their nightly finds.

Spamhog

Normad2020
08-03-09, 05:07
Friends.....I am planning to visit The Philippines (for the first time). Since I have some assignments in Malaysia I thought that I might be able to take a short trip (3D2N) to explore a bit of the Country (especially the P4P scene).

I planned to fly via AirAsia from Malaysia to Clarks and would like to seek some information on the following:

(1) I wanted to buy the AirAsia "Go Holiday Package" which includes hotel & fare, and from their website I could not identify hotels that is close to Fields Avenue (which from the forum I gathered is within the Clarks area). I would like some help from members here on hotels within that area as I do not wish to travel all the way to Manila city.

(2) Alternatively, could members suggest to me some budget-reasonable accommodation at Clarks or Fields?

(3) Just for my information how far is Clarks (AirAsia terminal) from Manila city because when I read the forum on transportation to Manila from Fields it seems rather complicated.

(4) I planned to go in mid-November for some early Christmas fun. Is it a good time to "play" at Clarks & Fields?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
normad2020

GregLondon
08-03-09, 08:56
Clark Airport is about 5-10 mins from Fields Av and the surrounding hotels. Manila is an hour or two away (depending on traffic and where you want to go) PersonallyI wouldn't bother with Manila.

Not sure which hotels are included in your package

DonalPaul Appartelle is a pretty good new option. New and near Fields with helpful owners/staff.

http://www.donaldpaulapartelle.com/

It's a little bit surreal as the owner has dedicated it to his Dad the late Donald Paul including a life size statue in the lobby apparently wearing the clothes he died in except that he's carrying his trousers rather than wearing them.

November - no problem Clarks is an all year round destination.

Friends.....I am planning to visit The Philippines (for the first time). Since I have some assignments in Malaysia I thought that I might be able to take a short trip (3D2N) to explore a bit of the Country (especially the P4P scene).

I planned to fly via AirAsia from Malaysia to Clarks and would like to seek some information on the following:

(1) I wanted to buy the AirAsia "Go Holiday Package" which includes hotel & fare, and from their website I could not identify hotels that is close to Fields Avenue (which from the forum I gathered is within the Clarks area). I would like some help from members here on hotels within that area as I do not wish to travel all the way to Manila city.

(2) Alternatively, could members suggest to me some budget-reasonable accommodation at Clarks or Fields?

(3) Just for my information how far is Clarks (AirAsia terminal) from Manila city because when I read the forum on transportation to Manila from Fields it seems rather complicated.

(4) I planned to go in mid-November for some early Christmas fun. Is it a good time to "play" at Clarks & Fields?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
normad2020

Normad2020
08-04-09, 07:12
Thanks GL for the useful guide and advice. I will check out the hotel website. Given your feedback, I have made up my mind to just stick with Fields Avenue and its surrounding.

Cheers mate
normad2020

Clark Airport is about 5-10 mins from Fields Av and the surrounding hotels. Manila is an hour or two away (depending on traffic and where you want to go) PersonallyI wouldn't bother with Manila.

Not sure which hotels are included in your package

DonalPaul Appartelle is a pretty good new option. New and near Fields with helpful owners/staff.

http://www.donaldpaulapartelle.com/

It's a little bit surreal as the owner has dedicated it to his Dad the late Donald Paul including a life size statue in the lobby apparently wearing the clothes he died in except that he's carrying his trousers rather than wearing them.

November - no problem Clarks is an all year round destination.

Nvslim
08-04-09, 09:33
One of the better on-line maps is:

http://acmap.com/main.asp

Slim

Roslee7
08-11-09, 17:08
I will be going to angeles city on 18 aug till 22 aug. Anyone will like to join? I am first time there and to Philippines. I will be staying at DM residente hotel for first night and then maybe move to Bangkok hotel or clarkton. You can email me at [Email address deleted by Admin] or [Email address deleted by Admin]

Aussie Fella
08-12-09, 16:14
I'm flying into Manila on the arvo of 31st August and back out on the arvo of 13th September. Aside from that, I've not made any firm plans yet. I'd really be keen to meet up with experienced mongers who can help show me the ropes as it's my first time in the Philippines in particular, and Asia in general. Also, it's not much fun drinking alone every night.

I want to do some diving so am thinking as a loose plan to spend a week in Manila/Angeles City and a week further south. Hopefully I'll be able to find a spot where I can ocean-dive during the day and pussy-dive during the night. I'm not a wealthy man so the prices need to be reasonable but I get that some girls are going to cost more than others.

Anyhoo, feel free to PM me if you're going to be around at the same time as me and feel like taking an newbie under your wing.

Yella Man
08-14-09, 03:04
It's time for another trip to the Philippines and my groin stirs just thinking about it. I did Manila, Davao and AC last February so I'm trying to decide on where I want to go this January. CDO? Somewhere out on the East coast? Wherever I end up I know I will have a great time. Of course, I'll run through AC last again to see old friends and do some non-stop partying. Robbaf, I hope we can hook-up this time for a few beers. I'll be there most of January...except for a short jump to Thailand to break up the trip, so this should be possible. GE, I didn't look you up last time in Davao, but will surely do so next trip if I'm in your area. You're an indispensible source of knowledge about the Philippines, and I would love to sit and pick your brain over a few drinks. To everyone else on ISG who has provided me and others with great information, Thanks a million. I'm sure I'll be asking for more of the same in months to come as soon as I decide on what islands I want to visit this coming trip.

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella Man

Robbaf
08-14-09, 14:20
It's time for another trip to the Philippines and my groin stirs just thinking about it. I did Manila, Davao and AC last February so I'm trying to decide on where I want to go this January. CDO? Somewhere out on the East coast? Wherever I end up I know I will have a great time. Of course, I'll run through AC last again to see old friends and do some non-stop partying. Robbaf, I hope we can hook-up this time for a few beers. I'll be there most of January...except for a short jump to Thailand to break up the trip, so this should be possible. GE, I didn't look you up last time in Davao, but will surely do so next trip if I'm in your area. You're an indispensible source of knowledge about the Philippines, and I would love to sit and pick your brain over a few drinks. To everyone else on ISG who has provided me and others with great information, Thanks a million. I'm sure I'll be asking for more of the same in months to come as soon as I decide on what islands I want to visit this coming trip.

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella ManSounds great YM. For sure this time we will hook up. I have made 6 trips to AC, 2 to Davao, 10 to Cebu and 25 to Manila this year. I just booked 5 days in AC for the end of the month. Wish you were here:D

Mookman
08-16-09, 11:43
Long time member here, just search my previous posts.

I haven't been to Manila in 3 years now, will be there from 8/19-22 next week, PM me for drinks, unfortunately, I can only stay in Manila this time because of work. I should add that I'm in my late 20's.

Yella Man
08-16-09, 23:22
Sounds great YM. For sure this time we will hook up. I have made 6 trips to AC, 2 to Davao, 10 to Cebu and 25 to Manila this year. I just booked 5 days in AC for the end of the month. Wish you were here:D

Brother you are one lucky bastard! Have you been to CDO yet? I'm considering checking it out for a few days in January to see what it has to offer...if ya know what I mean. I'll be in Thailand from 21-26 Jan, then in AC til the end of the month. My plans from 1-15 Jan are still up in the air as far as where I'll be in the Philippines. I'll lock something in before November and let you know so we can hookup.

Still Skinning Them Up!

Yella Man

Fredje1961
08-23-09, 12:25
Brothers,

This message is maybe slightly outside the scope of this website, but any experience and/or info is welcome.

I'll be going on vacation to Phils with wife (she's a bit of a mongerer too :D) and we plan to go to Banaue, Sagada, Baguio, Angeles City and then either Boracay or Mindoro.

It's quite obvious why we'll be doing a stop in Angeles :D but we found out that many other things are to be seen as well.

Here's the general question: apart of the obvious scams, pickpockets etc, is it safe to travel in North Luzon ? or is there particular risk of physical violence, kidnapping etc?

Thanks,

F

Juant Pussy
08-23-09, 22:44
http://www.asianescapades.com/free/interactivemap/index.php

Sun Chaser
08-24-09, 02:29
Brothers,

This message is maybe slightly outside the scope of this website, but any experience and/or info is welcome.

I'll be going on vacation to Phils with wife (she's a bit of a mongerer too :D) and we plan to go to Banaue, Sagada, Baguio, Angeles City and then either Boracay or Mindoro.

It's quite obvious why we'll be doing a stop in Angeles :D but we found out that many other things are to be seen as well.

Here's the general question: apart of the obvious scams, pickpockets etc, is it safe to travel in North Luzon ? or is there particular risk of physical violence, kidnapping etc?

Thanks,

FI've been to Banaue, Sagada, and Baguio, but I always had my local gf with me at the time to do the talking and negotiating. When you get to Banaue, there will be many tour guides that will offer their services, and it would be best to accept one that you feel comfortable with, and they will show you the rice terraces, the underground river and the coffins in Sagada. That was a great trip but a bit rainy.

Hope you'll have fun.

SC

Ramia
08-24-09, 13:43
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to visit PI 12 days, Nov 29 to Dec 10.

I would be happy to have a buddy traveling with me there (beer on me :) ).

Can anyone advise me how to devide the time between Manila, AC and Cebu... or maybe other exotic places and islands with nice and young girls for ST/LT?

Where are the Disco places and Freelancers chicks?

What about prices for ST/LT?

Is It more dangerous than Pattaya (I heard many stories about Tourists that forced by Policeman to pay $$$$ to parents of the girls because they had sex with her).

Any information will help.

By the way - my trip is for vacation and relax only.

Thanks,

Rami

Fredje1961
08-24-09, 16:06
I've been to Banaue, Sagada, and Baguio, but I always had my local gf with me at the time to do the talking and negotiating. When you get to Banaue, there will be many tour guides that will offer their services, and it would be best to accept one that you feel comfortable with, and they will show you the rice terraces, the underground river and the coffins in Sagada. That was a great trip but a bit rainy.

Hope you'll have fun.

SCThanks, even though we'll both be tourists, I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

Irony Monger
08-25-09, 05:33
Recently separated from the wife and have 1 week (9 days really) in November to plan a dream vacation in the Philippines. What to do :-).

I am thinking of flying into Manila on Nov 20, Going to AC from the 21-24 (spend one day on Mt. Pinatubo), then off to Cebu from the 25-29, fly home the morning of the 30th.

Thoughts? I want to get a nice mix of play time and "play time" if you catch my drift. Anybody have better ideas? Hotel suggestions appreciated too.

Fast Eddie 48
08-25-09, 06:49
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to visit PI 12 days, Nov 29 to Dec 10.

I would be happy to have a buddy traveling with me there (beer on me :) ).

Can anyone advise me how to devide the time between Manila, AC and Cebu... or maybe other exotic places and islands with nice and young girls for ST/LT?

Where are the Disco places and Freelancers chicks?

What about prices for ST/LT?

Is It more dangerous than Pattaya (I heard many stories about Tourists that forced by Policeman to pay $$$$ to parents of the girls because they had sex with her).

Any information will help.

By the way - my trip is for vacation and relax only.

Thanks,

RamiRami,

If you don't start to RTFF the beer will be on you all over you .

Just my adivce

Fast eddie 48

FreebieFan
08-26-09, 01:16
Recently separated from the wife and have 1 week (9 days really) in November to plan a dream vacation in the Philippines. What to do :-).

I am thinking of flying into Manila on Nov 20, Going to AC from the 21-24 (spend one day on Mt. Pinatubo), then off to Cebu from the 25-29, fly home the morning of the 30th.

Thoughts? I want to get a nice mix of play time and "play time" if you catch my drift. Anybody have better ideas? Hotel suggestions appreciated too.Just remember some people ( Philipino and French ) were killed on Mt Pinatubo few weeks back.. they underestimated the power of the typhoon that was approaching. Take care there

Robbaf
08-26-09, 13:53
Just remember some people ( Philipino and French ) were killed on Mt Pinatubo few weeks back.. they underestimated the power of the typhoon that was approaching. Take care there
I agree AV! One of three areas off-limits to US military on leave when I was in the military. I wouldn't go there:(

X Man
08-26-09, 16:27
I asked about a Pinatubo hike and they told me not to do it in the rainy season. It was too dangerous.

We can whine up and down about how bad Filipino service is, but in this case I got some damn good advice.

BTW, according to the news reports at the time, the Filipino casualties were from trying to rescue the French victims. Does anyone have any followup info about the details?

X

Just remember some people ( Philipino and French ) were killed on Mt Pinatubo few weeks back.. they underestimated the power of the typhoon that was approaching. Take care there

Member #4147
08-26-09, 23:37
Anyone around then?

Any suggestions for the newbie to CEB?

Cheers

X Man
08-27-09, 08:20
Suggestions for what, UP? Assuming you've read the Cebu thread, could you please be more specific with your questions.

I have no idea where you should land...maybe Mactan...

X

Anyone around then?

Any suggestions for the newbie to CEB?

Cheers

Buko Max
08-28-09, 06:41

Thoughts? I want to get a nice mix of play time and "play time" if you catch my drift. Anybody have better ideas? Hotel suggestions appreciated too.
Sounds like a great plan to me! But cannot make any hotel suggestions until I have your price range in mind!

Irony Monger
08-29-09, 12:15
I asked about a Pinatubo hike and they told me not to do it in the rainy season. It was too dangerous. Thanks all for the warning. I did not realize it was this dangerous. Is November still the rainy season? I was planning on going up with one of the various tour groups you can find on the web, but if you all think it is still to perilous, I'll link about a flyover instead :-).

Any other side trips near Angeles that anyone would recommend?

As for hotel suggestions in both Angeles and Cebu, I am looking for stuff in the USD $60-$100 range (3000-5000 pesos?), preferably with jacuzzi. I was thinking of the Hotel Royal Amsterdam (either the jacuzzi suite or the panorama suite) in Angeles. Anybody have opinions on this or better suggestions? I have no ideas for Cebu yet.

X Man
08-29-09, 14:24
I agree with Mattrick, good plan for a first timer. Departure from Cebu, so you live in Asia? Hotel budget is what, and do you need a pool?

If I easily had about 40,000 pesos to throw down, I'd stay at the Diamond Hotel in Manila. BTW, I've never stayed there, exept for drinks.

Nice place, but 280 pesos for a mango shake seemed excessive.

X

40,000 pesos = about $200 or 20,000yen roughly

Sounds like a great plan to me! But cannot make any hotel suggestions until I have your price range in mind!

Ramia
08-29-09, 14:26
Hi Guys,

Maybe some of you are familiar with the site ***********.com, amateur Filipinas that get picked up, taken for a ride and fucked into oblivion by American guys.

I'm looking for travelers partners who would like to video clip our sex holiday pleasure. Of course without the face of the guys.

Anyone into it?

I'm planing to be in Philippines AC between 29 Nov till 11th Dec.

Thanks,

Ramia

Irony Monger
08-31-09, 06:25
I agree with Mattrick, good plan for a first timer. Departure from Cebu, so you live in Asia? Hotel budget is what, and do you need a pool? Actually my return flight would leave CEB and connect through either Manilla or Hong Kong. Just curious, since I am frequently in Japan, are there any direct flights between CEB and either Narita or Haneda?

As as said below, my hotel budget is between $60-$100 U.S., in room jacuzzi preferred. A hotel pool would be nice, but not required.

Irony Monger
08-31-09, 08:43
Just curious, since I am frequently in Japan, are there any direct flights between CEB and either Narita or Haneda? I'd also be interested in direct flights from Japan to CRK...would make a nice weekend side trip during long business trips. Any airlines doing this yet?

X Man
08-31-09, 10:45
The last time I checked, Philippine Airlines does Narita - CEB every day except Monday. Dbdoll probably already knows this, but you can also do this route with connection in HK using Cathay.

I don't know if it's still true, but Taiwan airlines used to fly the only International flights out of Haneda. Something about not pissing off the great pissed off one -- China.

And I apologize for not fully digesting Dbdoll's message -- he had give a price range but I somehow had some synapses misfire...too much work or too much alcohol. Pick your preferred excuse -- I'll use both and a few more if cornered.

Swiss Chalet in AC also has large bath (jacuzzi type?) in the penthouse rooms, but I'm not sure if you could get a decent temperature.

X

Actually my return flight would leave CEB and connect through either Manilla or Hong Kong. Just curious, since I am frequently in Japan, are there any direct flights between CEB and either Narita or Haneda?

As as said below, my hotel budget is between $60-$100 U.S., in room jacuzzi preferred. A hotel pool would be nice, but not required.

Yella Man
09-01-09, 01:09
Reposting some old pictures of PG bought back some fond memories, so I booked a stop there on Jan 14-16. Any members around during that time want to share a beer and stores shoot me an PM.

Always on the Quest

Yella Man
09-06-09, 12:04
What's the best (safest) way to travel from Davao to CDO? I checked the Cebu Pacific website and apparently there are no direct flights. Bus, private car?

Yella Man

Benzedrine
09-06-09, 20:34
Guys,

It may be tempting, but NEVER take FERRIES in the PI, this is what usually happens: This is actually a happy story, only about 70 people died. This time last year when I was there one went down and over a thousand perished.

Fly 5J or PR, you'll thank me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/07/world/asia/07ferry.html?hp

KongKing
09-06-09, 22:26
What's the best (safest) way to travel from Davao to CDO? I checked the Cebu Pacific website and apparently there are no direct flights. Bus, private car?

Yella Man
Yella Man, I suggest you take a quick look at Dragon Slayer's Mindanao forum and you will get the good oil there. Particularly the postings by Goodenough.

If you recheck the Cebu Pacific website you will find 4 direct flights a week Davao to Cagayan de Oro, with at present an internet price of 794 pesos (plus 151 peso taxes). Very reasonable, and far less painful and safer than the 7 hour bus trip where I did lose a wallet :(

Yella Man
09-07-09, 00:02
Yella Man, I suggest you take a quick look at Dragon Slayer's Mindanao forum and you will get the good oil there. Particularly the postings by Goodenough.

If you recheck the Cebu Pacific website you will find 4 direct flights a week Davao to Cagayan de Oro, with at present an internet price of 794 pesos (plus 151 peso taxes). Very reasonable, and far less painful and safer than the 7 hour bus trip where I did lose a wallet :(

Thanks Kong! I'll have Marco Polo make the arrangements for me. That will give the pretty ladies at the front desk something to do.

Yella Man

LynnMan
09-08-09, 03:07
I hope you can chime with suggestions, advice etc. I have had glasses for about 6 years and I'm considering Laser surgery. In the USA the lowest quote I've had is about $3500-4000, I was wondering if someone here has tried medical procedures in Phillipines, and if they know the cost of Lasik, or an estimate.

In the states the insurance does not cover it, just like plastic surgery and I thought I could try it in Manila, including spending sometime with the ladies there.

LM

Zackary Kr
09-10-09, 09:04
Hello all!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the informative reports and wanted to say that I'll be in the Philippines for a month. I'll be travelling all over (especially Angeles and Cebu with a stopby in Subic). If anyone would like to meet up for a beer plz pm me.

Thanks!

zackary kr

Wonderer
09-12-09, 11:31
I am going to be in AC September 18-25. If anybody likes to hang out for a beer or hit a few bars together, pls PM me.

Wonderer

ThatGuy865
09-12-09, 13:38
I hope you can chime with suggestions, advice etc. I have had glasses for about 6 years and I'm considering Laser surgery. In the USA the lowest quote I've had is about $3500-4000, I was wondering if someone here has tried medical procedures in Phillipines, and if they know the cost of Lasik, or an estimate.

In the states the insurance does not cover it, just like plastic surgery and I thought I could try it in Manila, including spending sometime with the ladies there.

LMLaser eye surgery in the PI. Are you NUTTS. Its a 3rd world country, even if there was a surgeon who was knowledgable enough, how many operations would he'd have performed. So you'd be like his 3rd try. Its your EYES fool. If something goes wrong you won't have no way to sue, Besides once you get thru paying the air fare and hotel bill, food, etc. It no longer would be any cheaper than in the US.

Yella Man
09-13-09, 04:08
Laser eye surgery in the PI. Are you NUTTS. Its a 3rd world country, even if there was a surgeon who was knowledgable enough, how many operations would he'd have performed. So you'd be like his 3rd try. Its your EYES fool. If something goes wrong you won't have no way to sue, Besides once you get thru paying the air fare and hotel bill, food, etc. It no longer would be any cheaper than in the US.

Not true Thatguy865! Most qualified doctors in the Philippines are trained in the west. You can find great Doctors for whatever specialty work you need in the Philippines. You just have to do the research.

Yella Man

Zackary Kr
09-13-09, 06:10
Not true Thatguy865! Most qualified doctors in the Philippines are trained in the west. You can find great Doctors for whatever specialty work you need in the Philippines. You just have to do the research.

Yella ManI'm in agreement with Yella man. You need to realize you've been influenced heavily by Western media. Some countries have just as good of a health care system as any other and can also be affected by whether or not the care is public or a private institution.

If you got a 3rd world country, you're most probably going to a doctor that most regular people can't afford. In relation to that, you'd be getting generally excellent care for much more reasonable prices. Why do you think there is medical tourism.

Finally, look at Cuba for example.

I hope that helps

Amavida
09-13-09, 06:10
Laser eye surgery in the PI. Are you NUTTS. Its a 3rd world country, even if there was a surgeon who was knowledgable enough, how many operations would he'd have performed. So you'd be like his 3rd try. Its your EYES fool. If something goes wrong you won't have no way to sue, Besides once you get thru paying the air fare and hotel bill, food, etc. It no longer would be any cheaper than in the US.TG, medical tourism is a growing industry in PI. Believe it or not you can get LASIK, Dentistry & many cosmetic procedures performed here by experienced Doc's in very good private clinics.

Yes, the public hospitals are third world standard but the top private hospitals are quite good.

AV

Puerto La Cruz
09-13-09, 13:38
Whenever I need to have a dental procedure done that would be maybe $1,000.00 or over in the US I have it done in the Phils for about $100.00. Dr. Glenn Naval at Mall of Asia. As good as any dentist I have been to in Chicagoland. The other $900.00 that I would have spent for a dentist here is used for my air fare to go there.

X Man
09-13-09, 14:18
Puerto La Cruz, you forgot to give your dentist / orthodontist recommendation.

I use a place in AC, which has increased in price along with their reputation unfortunately. I was recommended by Harry the Horse a few years ago. Just send me a pm or search for HRY....or wait for the ever reliable P La Cruz to give you the info you need.

X

Whenever I need to have a dental procedure done that would be maybe $1,000.00 or over in the US I have it done in the Phils for about $100.00. Dr. Glenn Naval at Mall of Asia. As good as any dentist I have been to in Chicagoland. The other $900.00 that I would have spent for a dentist here is used for my air fare to go there.

Warbucks
09-13-09, 15:13

I have been getting dental treatment in Thailand and PI for the last 4 years however the eyes are a completely different thing. I like Asian hospital located in Muntinlupa though. If I was going to get some procedure done to my eyes I think I would have to head to the States where I am protected outright by the laws the land.

FreebieFan
09-14-09, 07:44
I have been getting dental treatment in Thailand and PI for the last 4 years however the eyes are a completely different thing. I like Asian hospital located in Muntinlupa though. If I was going to get some procedure done to my eyes I think I would have to head to the States where I am protected outright by the laws the land.You may want to give the Asian Eye Institute in rockwell a check.. world class facility, many of the eye doctors and surgeons all US or UK trained.

Superior to anything I saw in Europe.

Admin
09-14-09, 19:39
Hi guys,

Let's not turn this Travel Plans & Announcements thread into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

Thanks,

Jackson

Htohtgaza
09-15-09, 07:36
Hi to all brothers,

I'm planning to visit baguio this mid of october. However i would require some help in terms of hotel, action and budget that i need to prepare for a 3 nights adventure.

Thanks in advance

Buko Max
09-18-09, 00:24
I'm planning to visit baguio this mid of october. However i would require some help in terms of hotel, action and budget that i need to prepare for a 3 nights adventure.
Hello Bro Htohgaza,

The best thing to do is search the 'other areas' thread for previous posts about Baguio. Then ask specific questions in that thread.

Htohtgaza
09-18-09, 06:24
Hello Bro Htohgaza,

The best thing to do is search the 'other areas' thread for previous posts about Baguio. Then ask specific questions in that thread.Thanks for the advice bro.

Will do as what u have suggest.

Thank You again

Brown Rail
09-19-09, 03:50
I will be in Manila for the next 4-5 nights.

Anyone around?

Juant Pussy
09-19-09, 08:55
Hawaiian Airlines has a $200 discount special between Honolulu and Manila. Book online by Nov 15 and complete travel by Nov 30. I finally gave in. Roundtrip was $522.

X Man
09-19-09, 16:01
Oh, man, you are going to love it.

Strangely enough, my second privately arranged flight to Phipippines was Korean Airlines for 500 bucks, during the first Gulf war. It was one year open and I sold the return ticket a year later for 300 dollars. Nothing like a war to keep prices down.

Hawaiian Airlines has a $200 discount special between Honolulu and Manila. Book online by Nov 15 and complete travel by Nov 30. I finally gave in. Roundtrip was $522.

Lvcyo
09-22-09, 18:03
I am going to be in AC September 18-25. If anybody likes to hang out for a beer or hit a few bars together, pls PM me.

WondererHi Wonderer, I'll be arriving in AC tomorrow afternoon and can meet up if you're available.

I am a newbie in the Philippines and would like some advices over a good drink.

I'll be checking again the forum for your reply once arrived to the hotel, Central Park.

Thanks,

Lvcyo

Genghois
09-23-09, 15:56
Will be back in AC October 10-14, and in Manila for a few days the week after that.

Anyone who would like to get together for some bar-hopping, drop me a PM.

Eric Emp
09-25-09, 06:26
I am arriving Manila on Oct 15th noon and planning to go straight to AC or spend a night in manila and leave on 16th for AC

Than from AC going back to Manila on 30th or 31st

Any one wants to share the ride or drink ?

//Eric

Ramia
09-25-09, 20:18
Hi guys

I have few question that I hope you can answer and help me with:

1) I plan to fly from Manila to Cebu at Dec 1st. How long before I have to make the flight reservations?

2) Is it possible to buy tickets at the airport at the same day?

3) There is a virgin girl that I chafing with about a year and I want to buy her flying tickets from South to Cebu to meet her in Cebu. Any one of you done such a thing before? I'm not going to send her money, but buying her a fligth ticket.

Hope to have your help Asap.

Thanks in advanced

Hi Ramia,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Fast Eddie 48
09-30-09, 00:49
hi guys

i have few question that i hope you can answer and help me with:

1) i plan to fly from manila to cebu at dec 1st. how long before i have to make the flight reservations?

2) is it possible to buy tickets at the airport at the same day?

3) there is a virgin girl that i chafing with about a year and i want to buy her flying tickets from south to cebu to meet her in cebu. any one of you done such a thing before? i'm not going to send her money, but buying her a fligth ticket.

hope to have your help asap.

thanks in advanced

hi ramia,

i appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the travel plans & announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

pursuant to this purpose, the travel plans & announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

experience has proven that when members post questions in the travel plans & announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

the forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

i would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

thanks,

jacksonramia,

i have book a ticket one day or same day advanced in manila many time before, there are many flight a day and there are many travel agent in town can help you book ticket before you head to the airport.

be careful about meeting girl on the internet many are ****, you might get to meet the whole family or spend time in the cebu jail.

fast eddie 48

Bob Bowie
09-30-09, 06:31
I will be returning to the promised land around Oct. 7- Oct.25 give or take a couple of days. My plate is half full with normal girls, but plan on trying a couple of bars for those nights when I run in to a dud or a no show.

Could use a wing man, will be traveling in mostly Cebu and Davao, no set schedule yet.

P/M me if in town.

Pete Benetar
10-03-09, 20:55
Flying into MNL/Aquino Nov 2-7; 1st time in PI and wondering if anyone's got any input for decent indie hangouts downtown area. I'm 48 and in good shape, retired US military if anyone wants to connect.

Hope to get out to Quezon Ave and maybe next trip to Angelas city. Technically biz trip but might think of purchase or rental for long term if the girls are anything near what I expect (had more than my share of stateside PI girls and luv 'them).

Also, 1st post as member so apologies ahead if this is inappropriate post for the thread. Haven't researched the pm's yet, but if you can, feel free to pm me.

GLTA!

Zackary Kr
10-10-09, 04:29
I will be returning to the promised land around Oct. 7- Oct.25 give or take a couple of days. My plate is half full with normal girls, but plan on trying a couple of bars for those nights when I run in to a dud or a no show.

Could use a wing man, will be traveling in mostly Cebu and Davao, no set schedule yet.

P/M me if in town.Hiya, I'll probably be in Cebu from Oct.19-25. Let me know if youre in town. We can meet up!

Zackary kr