PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Primo Bolan
10-11-09, 13:49
Hi!
Im planning to book business class with Philippineairlines BKK-MNLA
Anyone tried it? Is it compareble with others? Thai,L-Hansa?
PB

Member #4351
10-11-09, 21:13
My friend just used it recently on our trip to Cebu (I used CX). He said that for business class you can´t beat the price ($3,000 from LAX). Said in back was packed and he noted a strong disagreeable odor emited from that section when deplaning, but only about half full in business the day he returned to the U.S.. He suggested trying to get a seat downstairs, evidently the seats are wider or something.

You could also check here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-frequent-flyer-programs-470/

Primo Bolan
10-11-09, 21:57
Thanks David!

AchillesHeel
10-12-09, 10:04
I am arriving Manila on Oct 15th noon and planning to go straight to AC or spend a night in manila and leave on 16th for AC

Than from AC going back to Manila on 30th or 31st

Any one wants to share the ride or drink ?

//EricHey,

I'll be heading to AC on the 17th, and then back to Manila on the 19th so if we cross paths then lets get a drink. I'm going to take Swagman's up if it's still running.

AchillesHeel
10-12-09, 10:09
Been out of commish for a while now, hunkered down in Korea. But heading back to PI on the 16th. One great thing about being here is Cebu Pacific is cheap. I'm not sure if I will be riding the planes with livestock, but can't beat the deal.
So I'll be posting my experiences with the DIA girls, and since the last time I was there I got really bogged down with all the meetings, I'm doing a quick trip to AC before I do it again.

Nice to be back.

Wytboi N Asia
10-15-09, 04:31
Which is better for night time fun? Malate or Makati?

I'm going to soon be visiting for the 1st time and am trying to decide where to stay?

Any advice?

Rosco4444
10-17-09, 02:29
I will be in AC from 28th this month. Aussie early 50's. Anyone in town at this time looking for a wingman or just a game of pool and a beer PM me. I am experienced visitor to AC.

Cheers Rosco

Robbertos
10-17-09, 04:12
Im in Thailand right now, and planning a trip to Cebu October 20- November 5,
Ist time in Phil, would like to meet for a beer and info exchange.

Robbertos

Hello all!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the informative reports and wanted to say that I'll be in the Philippines for a month. I'll be travelling all over (especially Angeles and Cebu with a stopby in Subic). If anyone would like to meet up for a beer plz pm me.

Thanks!

zackary kr

Robbertos
10-17-09, 04:17
Now in Thai, Travelling to Cebu for first time, would like to meet for beer and info exchange. Is Kiwi lodge good place to stay. How about Cebuanos site for dating.

Appreciate help

Robbertos

X Man
10-17-09, 11:10
It's got good food, and you can get a wealth of info from the expats and other "riff raff" that hang out in the large semi-open air restaurant, bar/pool room. I've never seen their rooms.

You'll need a taxi to get anywhere, so you might also consider hotels that are closer to the mall or the bars. You don't need to go back very far to find plenty of information.

X

Now in Thai, Travelling to Cebu for first time, would like to meet for beer and info exchange. Is Kiwi lodge good place to stay. How about Cebuanos site for dating.

Appreciate help

Robbertos

Susu Lover
10-18-09, 05:22
Oct 25 to Nov 3.

I'll treat to a pitcher of margaritas at the ABC pool. The weather is supposed to be sunny and hot during that time. Got my halloween costume. Let's talk some shop and laugh about all those who don't knw what a gem AC is.

Zackary Kr
10-19-09, 03:36

Appreciate help

RobbertosHey dude! While it would be nice to meet up with you and chat over a beer, website policy states that I cannot post email addresses nor phone numbers. So, unless you got for some way for me to send you a PM, I won't be able to contact you. In other words, you need a subscription to contact members directly. Just to let you know, I have no affiliation with this site other than just being a member.

I am in Cebu now, however.

Cheers!

zackary kr

Robbertos
10-20-09, 10:24
Hay zackary kr

I just joined so I should be able to send you an email in 24 hours.

I'll be in Cebu by then.

Robbertos

Rosco4444
10-21-09, 09:59
Arriving next Wednesday 28th for a lazy week in the hot boring confines of AC with nothing to do but bang the ugly chics, drink and sunbake by the pool.

Anyone like to meet up for a beer or two and a bar-hop?

Cheers

Rosco

Pete Benetar
10-22-09, 18:21
I'm flying in to MNL Nov 2-7 and probably overlap a bit...wanted to get up to AC for sure but this is my FIRST visit to PI and wanted to get an intro to the landscape before venturing out of the big city. Otherwise I'd take you up on it.

Staying right off Roxas blvd a few blocks from the LA Cafe and make it to a conference or 2 so it'll qualify as a business trip.

Zackary Kr
10-24-09, 02:04
Hey guys! Just got back from Cebu and am now back in Angeles to attend the ABC Pool party today. Anybody around?

Fedex
10-24-09, 22:29
Lucky you, Zackary!

I will be in AC from Nov. 1 Sunday late afternoon to Nov. 9 Monday morning.

Anyone knows if there will be any other pool parties?

TIA,
Fedex

Zackary Kr
10-25-09, 03:09
Lucky you, Zackary!

I will be in AC from Nov. 1 Sunday late afternoon to Nov. 9 Monday morning.

Anyone knows if there will be any other pool parties?

TIA,
Fedex

Heya! Well, the pool party was interesting and fun for about 30 min. and then it got reeeeeeally boring along with the mediocre food. It did fulfill one of my teenage fantasies of what a real pool party should be like however.

It coulda used more gimmicks or events but didn't. I think they needed a better organizer. Despite that, it went for charity so it's forgivable. Sorry to post this here.

Anyways, Anybody going to be in Subic from Oct. 27-29?

Guy Lucky
10-27-09, 09:03
Guys,

I will be flying from LAX to MNL on 22nd Nov for spending thanksgiving weekend as far as possible from office. I have a plan to hang around in Makati/Manila from 23rd to 30th, with a 1-2 days break to Cagayan De Oro. I am pretty familiar with area as I worked there on some expat assignment 5 years back.

It's always nice idea to do bar hopping with buddies than alone. So let me know if any of dude around to grab bear and have bar fun together.

PS: I'm east indian guy living in LA, so Lakers, Chargers and Padres fan will be a plus. tarheels as well.

Jackzonian
10-29-09, 21:17
Hey Lucky - I am shopping for an air ticket out of LAX. Do you mind saying what you paid? Or if it's a ticket paid by your business, never mind. I'm waiting for Cathay Pacific deal-of-the-month to see if I can get to Manila on a budget.

Thanks, j

Robbaf
10-29-09, 22:26
Hey Lucky - I am shopping for an air ticket out of LAX. Do you mind saying what you paid? Or if it's a ticket paid by your business, never mind. I'm waiting for Cathay Pacific deal-of-the-month to see if I can get to Manila on a budget.

Thanks, jEmail that I received from PAL.

Robb

Awesome Fiesta and Mabuhay Class Online Fares!! BOOK and BUY NOW!!

Los Angeles/San Francisco to Manila
for as LOW as USD818*

Las Vegas to Manila
for as LOW as USD752*
Economy (Fiesta) Class Roundtrip ALL-IN Airfares
*Exclusive of Government Taxes

Convenient connecting time to most PAL Domestic
and Regional destinations

BOOK & BUY NOW!!

Conditions of Travel:
Valid for round trip travel on Fiesta (economy) class
Minimum 3 days and maximum 2 months stay
Tickets must be issued on or before 31 October 2009
Confirmed Reservations are required for all sectors
Extension of ticket validity is not permitted
Limited Seats only
Exclusive of Government Taxes
Any change is permitted at a charge of USD 150.
For any change that requires ticket re-issuance, charge additional USD 25
Cancellations/Refunds
Before Departure - charge USD200
After Departure - Non-refundable
Child/infant discount
Accompanied Child 2-11 years old -75% of the fare
Unaccompanied Child 8-11 years old - 100% of the fare
Infant under 2 with a seat - 75% of the fare
Infant Under 2 without a seat - 15% of the fare
No Mileage Accrual for TKWEB2M/TKXWEB2M/EKWEB2M/EKXWEB2M/
EKWEB2ML/ UKWEB2ML/ WKWEB2ML/WLWEB2ML
Some tickets cannot be used in conjunction with an Upgrade Travel Certificate (UTC) or Service Class Upgrade
Book and Buy your tickets now at www.philippineairlines.com

Guy Lucky
10-30-09, 07:44

Thanks, jHey Jack,

I am leaving on 22nd morning and back on 30th, from Korean Airlines. I booked it online (thru orbitz) last week and paid $662 including taxes (it's the best price I ever been to Manila). In fact, I was watching prices since last 2-3 weeks on same website and was getting top deals from northwestern or china airlines in range of $750-$900. Suddenly one afternoon this price showed up and I booked it immediately. I can still see $662 price on same search result page for similar itinerary. So hurry up man.
Hope to see you there.

Lucky

Bob Bowie
10-30-09, 08:57
Hey Jack,

I am leaving on 22nd morning and back on 30th, from Korean Airlines. I booked it online (thru orbitz) last week and paid $662 including taxes (it's the best price I ever been to Manila). In fact, I was watching prices since last 2-3 weeks on same website and was getting top deals from northwestern or china airlines in range of $750-$900. Suddenly one afternoon this price showed up and I booked it immediately. I can still see $662 price on same search result page for similar itinerary. So hurry up man.
Hope to see you there.

Lucky
I almost took that deal last month, but I could not take the 12 hour lay over in Korea, both ways. At least you only have a 10 hour layover on your return, so it is not as bad.

Member #3428
10-30-09, 09:31
Makati for a week but I hope to be tied to a bed with three virgins (ok so I know first hand that none of them are virgins in any hole) most the time but will be around. Any one around let me know.

I'm a complete ass hole just ask GE or Wicked Roger or half the Thai Board :D

OK now seriously I might be very busy or I could be very bored with a lot of free time, all depends on the work, if everything falls into place I'm going to hopefully fornicate a lot, if shit hits the fan I might have to actually work (in the day time).

Pete Benetar
11-14-09, 00:07
Had my first visit to the PI last month spending a week in the Pan Pacific in makati or malate or wtf, but had a blast.

I just booked 10 day stay with KAL into CEBU for Dec 2-12. Will 10 days be too short?? Too long?? Should I allocate more time next go round for a jaunt to Thai or 'nam??

I'm looking at staying initially at the Diplomat for cheap but reasonable accomodation, located near action.

The Pan in MNL was very nice, but luxurious accomodation unneeded. I want a decent room with good location (poontang), gf friendly and reasonably safe.

Any suggestions appreciated!

PB

GregLondon
11-14-09, 00:56
Re Cebu

There are plenty of mid priced (1500-2500P hotels available.) I use the net alot and like to have a swimming ppol for a dip, which points you towards MAngo PArk which is one of the few with free unmetered wifi in the room. If you dont use the net much the mango PArk isnt so freindly and I think theree are better optionsat that price.

Re too long/short Cebu is not such an iunteresting city so 4 days would be OK, but there are loads of gilrs so if thats what you have come for you can keep amused indefinitely. If you want nicer scenery you may consider staying a few days and then a side trip to somewhere with decent beaches - probably bring a girl you met in cebu with you, if thats the plan.

Vietnam is an interesting tourist destination but rather hopeless sex destination as the police crack down too heavily. If you want to try Viet Girls - annd the ones available for sex are generally cute but highly commercial , go to cambodia where you can try both the Viets and the Khemer girls at reasonable rates. Thailand of course offers plenty of sites fantastic food, superior value for money on accommodation. On average the girls are arguably cuter than in the Phils, but much more commerical, clock watching speak less English and there is far less scope for the semi pro/sideline girls who for me are the big attraction in PI.

Had my first visit to the PI last month spending a week in the Pan Pacific in makati or malate or wtf, but had a blast.

I just booked 10 day stay with KAL into CEBU for Dec 2-12. Will 10 days be too short?? Too long?? Should I allocate more time next go round for a jaunt to Thai or 'nam??

I'm looking at staying initially at the Diplomat for cheap but reasonable accomodation, located near action.

The Pan in MNL was very nice, but luxurious accomodation unneeded. I want a decent room with good location (poontang), gf friendly and reasonably safe.

Any suggestions appreciated!

PB

Adinga
11-15-09, 02:35
Anybody have any suggestions on the fastest and cheapest way to travel from New York City to Manilla/AC.

I plan on visting the Phillipines this summer.

Thank you

Nocal
11-16-09, 17:18
Arriving later today and hanging in Makati area thru the 17th. First time "laying":) over in Manila. Off to AC on the 18-19th before heading to BKK.

If anyone around for a drink and a barhop, 1st beers on me.

Jackzonian
11-16-09, 22:34
I am also looking for low cost air tix to PI from NY (...or LAX).

What I saw: PAL had a good deal going out of LA, $780+ but when you looked for dates, it always crept up closer to $900+ The usual. More out of NY. And all of this blacks out the Xmas season dates.

Then there is Cathay Pac. The deal-of-the month is usually good -NY or west coast- to Asia. This month it was to Manila. Again, hard to get that best offered price, it creeps up toward the $1000.00 mark, then add taxes. The $750-800.00 seems to be the teaser and difficult to lock up.

Cathay's next "deal-of-the month" starts December, so there will be a different deal.

Finally, you long time PI experts, give the newbies your run down.

For example:
I know Bkk well, so I would say, "Nbr A3 [verify] bus to Nana Plaza Station, stay at the Woraburi or the Dynasty, Soi 4 and hang out mostly at Nana Plaza. Take the bus to Pattaya from Ekkamai station and stay at the Viking outside of town or the Flipper Group near Soi 8. In South Patt, take the ferry to Koh Larn for diving. Rent a scooter if you like danger & excitement. Play golf anywhere you get a t-time, but it's not cheap."

That's what I want from one the PI experts! I visited Makati briefly, stayed at the City Garden and liked it all a lot. Would repeat that action but want to combine it with a nice beach (snorkel/dive) and girls.

Love to get the replies. jack

Buko Max
11-18-09, 10:53
Anybody have any suggestions on the fastest and cheapest way to travel from New York City to Manilla/AC.

I am also looking for low cost air tix to PI from NY (...or LAX).
Most airlines these days are very competitive so you also have to look at convience, service and FF programs as well.
The cheapest time to fly to the PI is September through November and Feburary through May.
Other then Cathay Pacific out of NYC, check Continental's nonstop flight from EWR to HKG. Then there are a few choices for the two hour flight to either Clark, Manila or Cebu.
From the west coast I like KAL and Asiana. Have never flown the latter but have heard good things about their prices and service.

Jackzonian
11-18-09, 17:51
Thanks Mattrick, those are good tips. I will look into Continental via HK. I like KAL for service but I don't like extra Leg when routed through Seoul. It adds a 6 or 7 hour flight to MNL or BKK, compared to HK which is less than 2 hours.

jack

Member #4147
11-18-09, 22:20
Well I have a v busy schedule but could fit in some early double dates perhaps hit a disco. Anyone ever take champagne into Juliana's or Pump? I have a couple bottles I'd like to dispose of if the corkage fee is reasonable. Happy hr at the Executive Lounge daily so if your in da hood.

Jambo
11-18-09, 23:31
Just watch out this time of year, there can be significant headwinds and flight delays for flights going from West Coast US to Hong Kong. Once on Cathay they ran short of fuel, couldn't bingo to Taiwan because of fog, so turned around and landed in Osaka. 8 hr delay.

Candid Asians
11-19-09, 06:22
I will be going to Manila alone for the first time from December 10 to December 18 and I am a bit worried about my safety. Is this place as dangerous as say New York City? My plans are to drink, and pick up a lot of girls but I don't know anything about this place, and I ain't going to read a lonely planet book. Forgive me in advance for not utilizing the search fully; I would be very grateful if y'all could share your advice for the following questions I have:

1. Are there any areas in Manila and AC to stay away from; too dangerous?

2. What's a good hotel in Manila, with a reasonable rate, in a good location and with free wifi in the room and english speaking staff?

3. What's the best dance clubs for just dancing and drinking?

4. What are the "must go to" clubs in Manila and AC to end up sleeping with a beautiful girl at the end of the night?

5. Is the red light districts safe in Manila and AC. Just like any other city?

6. Where can I get good deals if I want to sleep with a different girl every night? You know the cost can add up.

Thank you. In the meantime I will be browsing and searching this forum and may find my answers. I'm so excited! Anyone want to meet up and monger together!

FreebieFan
11-19-09, 10:06
1. Are there any areas in Manila and AC to stay away from; too dangerous?

2. What's a good hotel in Manila, with a reasonable rate, in a good location and with free wifi in the room and english speaking staff?

3. What's the best dance clubs for just dancing and drinking?

4. What are the "must go to" clubs in Manila and AC to end up sleeping with a beautiful girl at the end of the night?

6. Where can I get good deals if I want to sleep with a different girl every night? You know the cost can add up.

Thank you. In the meantime I will be browsing and searching this forum and may find my answers. I'm so excited! Anyone want to meet up and monger together!Stay far away from Tondo Manila. Same goes for Pateros. But then I doubt it would be on your agenda anyway.

If you have a wingman, do try the local bars near Domestic airport. Fun. But be aware of your surroundings at all times. Although possibly you will stick to the easier routes of P Burgos, Greenbelt and EDSA. Probably best if its your first time.

If you are young and charming, or mature and charming, or just charming easy to get gals every night. And many for free. Read the board here for tips and tricks.

Wicked Roger
11-19-09, 12:07
Well I have a v busy schedule but could fit in some early double dates perhaps hit a disco. Anyone ever take champagne into Juliana's or Pump? I have a couple bottles I'd like to dispose of if the corkage fee is reasonable. Happy hr at the Executive Lounge daily so if your in da hood.
Hi UP

Unfortunately I am leaving when you arrive otherwise we could, as we did last time, spend sometime comparing notes and DIA girls....

Have fun

Devils 1
11-19-09, 23:36
I am also looking for low cost air tix to PI from NY (. Or LAX).Hi Jack,

I have tried to disect this every way imaginable and it comes down to a matter of save time or money.

I have found you can do it cheaper by going thru Hong Kong, Tokyo or several other Asian cities. The problem is you waste a lot of time that way waiting on connections. The fastest way to get there is fly Philiair into manila. The problem with all of this is that Filiair is the only option for direct flights from the US. And then only from the west coast. They do offer those cheap fares of $748 but as you have noted they are "teasers" and you have to book as soon as they are announced.

Good luck!

Devils 1
11-19-09, 23:47

6. Where can I get good deals if I want to sleep with a different girl every night? You know the cost can add up.Hi Candid,

In a nutshell Manila is very safe. Take taxis everywhere you go. The biggest thing you have to worry about is overpaying and then it is only a matter of 1-2 dollars so it is no big deal.

Also, read thru the "reports of distinction" you will find the most informative and complete info there.

Here is a link to a report i wrote a couple of yrs ago that will sum everything up for you. (if the link doesnt work, then search my post going back for an overview of manila/makati nightlife. i spent a lot of time on it and tried to include everything.)

as far as hotels go, manila is very cheap by western standards. so if you find a 4 star for $100 per night. it will probably be one of the best you ever stayed at. conversely if you find a 1 star for $10 per night, i can promise you it will be something out of a horror movie!

Also, almost everyone in manila speaks english, so not a concern.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=739581#post739581

Smokers Rule
11-20-09, 22:14
I will be in Manila at the end of the year...my first time. If anyone would like a wingman let me know!

Candid Asians
11-20-09, 22:45
Hi Candid,

In a nutshell Manila is very safe. Take taxis everywhere you go. The biggest thing you have to worry about is overpaying and then it is only a matter of 1-2 dollars so it is no big deal.

Also, read thru the "reports of distinction" you will find the most informative and complete info there.

Here is a link to a report I wrote a couple of yrs ago that will sum everything up for you. (if the link doesn't work, then search my post going back for an overview of manila/makati nightlife. I spent a lot of time on it and tried to include everything.)

As far as hotels go, manila is very cheap by western standards. So if you find a 4 star for $100 per night. It will probably be one of the best you ever stayed at. Conversely if you find a 1 star for $10 per night, I can promise you it will be something out of a horror movie!

Also, almost everyone in manila speaks english, so not a concern.

http://www.Internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=739581#post739581Devils,

This information was spot on, and also very encouraging. Your report in the Reports of Distinction was also very informative. I am so ready to go, but would be good to have a wingman also (Dec. 10. 18). After I complete this trip I hope I can add and update your report.

Thanks

World Guy Sh
11-30-09, 16:47
World Guy and Blacklisted are headed to AC for a long weekend middle of December. Hotel already booked, bags amost already packed. We are old China hands and I know the PI quite well.

Anyone around would be good to hook up.

Feel free to PM me.

WGS

ButtLover
12-02-09, 20:40
Hi
I am going to Cebu soon.

I am looking for other mongers intrested in advanced sex like DP and DPP

BL

CityHunter77
12-03-09, 00:40
Will be in AC during February.

1st time there, PM me if anyone is about then.

Muffhunter
12-04-09, 18:57
I will be in BKK in Feb and looking at a affordable flt to CLK. I know the bad press on Cebu, however they seem to have the only direct flt.

I was on line and every time I would punch in my info it would say the site is offline. How the hell could that be, I tried all week long.

Any help please, I already know some answers will be "don't use them", however they have the only direct flts and reasonable fares. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks

El Culion
12-06-09, 14:14
I will be in BKK in Feb and looking at a affordable flt to CLK. I know the bad press on Cebu, however they seem to have the only direct flt.

I was on line and every time I would punch in my info it would say the site is offline. How the hell could that be, I tried all week long.

Any help please, I already know some answers will be "don't use them", however they have the only direct flts and reasonable fares. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks
I had the same problem for two days, but eventually did manage to book last Friday (and I didn't experience the credit card problems I used to experience in the past :)).
Try making your booking late at night. I made mine at 11.30 pm Phil time.
Good luck!

Jackzonian
12-10-09, 17:23
What are you guys paying to get from the States to Manila? Out of NY or LAX I'm seeing nothing below $950+ Phil Air is up there and Cathay Pacific deal-of-the-month is no better.

Has anybody found better pricing? jack

Puerto La Cruz
12-11-09, 02:37
I don't know if you have access to a consolidator and I don't know if I have access to one either, but my travel agent is a client of mine and she zeros out her end and calls a consolidator. I save at least $200.00 per trip from Chicago. Maybe only the travel agents have access to the consolidators. I dunno but this girl has saved me at leat $200.00 every trip.

Mayntain
12-15-09, 01:56
Will be in AC during February.

1st time there, PM me if anyone is about then.
Whats days are you planning to visit in Feb?

Chame7777
12-16-09, 02:18
Heading out to Manila for the Holidays and I want to get some info from the pros.

I am staying at the pan pacific, getting it a bit late. I will be in that area for a day or two and then moving on too a local village on one of the islands. Can anyone tell me where should I go to first once I arrive and where can I find the best looking ladies that I can take back to my hotel? I wanna have some of the best sexual pleasure on that side of the earth since I may not be back to PI in many years to come.

Hairy Wonder
12-23-09, 14:51
Does anyone know of anyplace I can go to for cheap flights to the Philippines from either Incheon or Busan, South Korea?

I have checked the Cebu Air's site (which I expected to be cheap,) but what I found was $1000 US and up. If these are the kind of prices I will find everywhere on the web, I will stay in Korea and wait for the lower prices later.

Thanks!
HW

Member #4147
12-28-09, 16:22
Last weekend in Jan & 1st weekend in Feb @ Marriott. Probably do Sunflower & such if you want to double date.

Fast Eddie 48
12-29-09, 07:52
Does anyone know of anyplace I can go to for cheap flights to the Philippines from either Incheon or Busan, South Korea?

I have checked the Cebu Air's site (which I expected to be cheap,) but what I found was $1000 US and up. If these are the kind of prices I will find everywhere on the web, I will stay in Korea and wait for the lower prices later.

Thanks!

HWHairy,

I was told by a Korean guy Asiana have cheap flight from Seoul to Clark ,they have promotion one way flight is around 140 USD much cheaper than to Manila.

Fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
12-29-09, 21:03
Hi Jack,

I have tried to disect this every way imaginable and it comes down to a matter of save time or money.

I have found you can do it cheaper by going thru Hong Kong, Tokyo or several other Asian cities. The problem is you waste a lot of time that way waiting on connections. The fastest way to get there is fly Philiair into manila. The problem with all of this is that Filiair is the only option for direct flights from the US. And then only from the west coast. They do offer those cheap fares of $748 but as you have noted they are "teasers" and you have to book as soon as they are announced.

Good luck!Devil / jack,

Cathay Pacific have 3 flight a day from LAX to HK, I take the early morning flight 1. Am it get into HK at 6. 30am the next day and get on a 8 am flight HK to Manila arrive at 10am cost is around 750 USD, if you want do a stop over in HK add 100 USD and they have 6 flight a day to Manila.

Fast Eddie 48

Yella Man
12-31-09, 01:02
In less than twenty hours I'll be in the air! In less than thirty-six I'll be balls deep in a LBFM! Anticipation! :)

YM

Hairy Wonder
12-31-09, 18:46
Hairy,

I was told by a Korean guy Asiana have cheap flight from Seoul to Clark ,they have promotion one way flight is around 140 USD much cheaper than to Manila.

Fast eddie 48Thanks for the tip Eddie!

But I checked the Asiana site and could not find anything like what you mentioned. Maybe the promotion is already past. I did see, however, that the prices take a significant drop at the end of January. Maybe I will do a late celebration of Christmas, New Years, and my Jan. 8 birthday sometime in Feb. The round trip on Asiana is less than 350 dollars at that time.

Happy New Mongering Year Everyone!

HW

Fast Eddie 48
01-01-10, 00:48
Thanks for the tip Eddie!

But I checked the Asiana site and could not find anything like what you mentioned. Maybe the promotion is already past. I did see, however, that the prices take a significant drop at the end of January. Maybe I will do a late celebration of Christmas, New Years, and my Jan. 8 birthday sometime in Feb. The round trip on Asiana is less than 350 dollars at that time.

Happy New Mongering Year Everyone!

HWHairy,

That was 2 yr ago now it is high season and this is not a short flight, so I think 350 USD for round trip is about right, but Asiana is one of the worst airline when it come to service.

Fast Eddie 48

CityHunter77
01-02-10, 01:44
I'm travelling with Cebu pacific from Bangkok to Clark

Is this airline any good?

Hairy Wonder
01-02-10, 02:23
Hairy,

That was 2 yr ago now it is high season and this is not a short flight, so I think 350 USD for round trip is about right, but Asiana is one of the worst airline when it come to service.

Fast Eddie 48

I've been on Asiana, Korean Air, and Philippine Air for the trip from Korea to PI at various times. The most I ever paid for the round trip was about $800. But the average I have found to be about $500. I can't say that I have experience much difference in service on any of them. The best flight I had though, was on Korean Airlines, as I was able to use my Delta miles to upgrade to a business class seat with much better service, and a more attentive, hotter stewardess than the economy class had. If not for the noisy group of American "golfers" that had tanked up in the airport bar, it would have been great. I'll probably shoot more for the end of Feb. for my next trip.

HW

GregLondon
01-02-10, 16:50

generally fine clark is a very convenient little airport much better than flying into manila

Fast Eddie 48
01-03-10, 02:57
I've been on Asiana, Korean Air, and Philippine Air for the trip from Korea to PI at various times. The most I ever paid for the round trip was about $800. But the average I have found to be about $500. I can't say that I have experience much difference in service on any of them. The best flight I had though, was on Korean Airlines, as I was able to use my Delta miles to upgrade to a business class seat with much better service, and a more attentive, hotter stewardess than the economy class had. If not for the noisy group of American "golfers" that had tanked up in the airport bar, it would have been great. I'll probably shoot more for the end of Feb. For my next trip.

HWTo Hairy

I think you can fly from San francisco to Manila stop over in Seoul for 800 USD round trip, I did that about 8 yr ago never again long stop over and bad service. I fly with cathay now more flight stop in HK also cost about 880 USD.

Fast Eddie 48

Member #4378
01-03-10, 04:35

They are ok. Print your return ticket they may be checking that.

Erik 67
01-04-10, 07:45
Hi fellows.

I'm in Angeles from January 27. 31th.

Anyone wanna meet up for some beer and hunting.

Cool Traveler
01-05-10, 17:01
I've flown it couple of times.

It is good.

Ostevo
01-26-10, 03:21
Hi fellows.

I'm in Angeles from January 27. 31th.

Anyone want to meet up for some beer and hunting.Hey Eric. I'm there the 27th also. Lets get in touch. Pm me on where your staying. Or meet me at PB bar around 6pm.

Ajordan
02-17-10, 05:35
Hi Anyone,, give me some advise for Philipines.. Never been.

Locations to stay (is Marriott GF)

Locations to see girls..

Should I stay in manila the whole time (planning 10 days)

Is it a good time of year to go.

Ect.

Ty

Ajordan

GregLondon
02-17-10, 09:48

Locations to see girls..

Ect.

Ty

Ajordan

Personally i would avoid Manila if you are just comming for the girls. if you fly into manila I would just go to angeles where there are more girls and much cheaper hotels. If you dont want to spend the whole days there, then take a n internal flight somewhere else and find some semi pro girls on Date in asia .

Warbucks
02-17-10, 10:01

Locations to see girls..

Ect.

Ty

AjordanFrom firsthand experience yes the Marriott is GF (When I was there I wasn’t with a Pro, Semi-Pro or whatever names these guys come up with to make themselves feel better). The Marriott is stunning and I would not take a "Pro" there unless she came from Pegasus and that's a maybe.

Yella Man
02-24-10, 01:29
FYI, Philippine Airline is offering flights for $686 (taxes included) out of Honolulu Hawaii in July. I hadn't planned on going back so soon, but how can I pass that up?

YM

Towelboy2010
02-24-10, 03:16
MANILA. Personally, I like the LA Cafe for my style of fun. It reminds me of the old days of just going to bar & picking up women. At 54 I am nostalgic. I've gotten some really good looking women here and only had trouble once. Hate the city. Dirty & crowded.

ANGELES. The hotels here are much better and much less expensive than Manila. Many have pools. I always rent a car and drive from Manila & that is fun too. I enjoy the "freedom" of driving & the police enjoy the reward of a bribe for whatever phony violation they charge me with that day.

I prefer the hotels of Angeles & the atmosphere of the LA Cafe.

Sorry I'm not much help. I try to spend some time at both if I have 10 days.

My last trip in 2008 (10 days too) I spent a few days in Manila meeting online dates. Went to LA Cafe at night when the good girls went home. Then on the weekend I went to Angeles for 3 days.

Enjoy, Bob

Ect.

Ty

Ajordan

AnonJohn
03-04-10, 07:36
MANILA. Personally, I like the LA Cafe for my style of fun. It reminds me of the old days of just going to bar & picking up women. At 54 I am nostalgic. I've gotten some really good looking women here and only had trouble once. Hate the city. Dirty & crowded.

ANGELES. The hotels here are much better and much less expensive than Manila. Many have pools. I always rent a car and drive from Manila & that is fun too. I enjoy the "freedom" of driving & the police enjoy the reward of a bribe for whatever phony violation they charge me with that day.

I prefer the hotels of Angeles & the atmosphere of the LA Cafe.

Sorry I'm not much help. I try to spend some time at both if I have 10 days.

My last trip in 2008 (10 days too) I spent a few days in Manila meeting online dates. Went to LA Cafe at night when the good girls went home. Then on the weekend I went to Angeles for 3 days.

Enjoy, Bob

I agree with this. LA Cafe is simply a great place (if you don't mind watching cockroaches run freely on the bar) with a wide selection of all kinds of good ladies. The music upstairs is entertaining and I found the food to be surprisingly good.

I like AC when I'm out with friends and I'm doing group hauls from bar to bar.

SixteenVolt182
03-07-10, 20:11
Hey guys,

I am planing to visit Makati in May 14-31. I am looking into flights now, from Phoenix to Manila. They are going for around $1100 right now. Do you think I should buy right away? do you think the prices will go up? I think it is still early now, but I am afraid the prices might go up a lot soon. Since some of you go to ph a lot I was wondering if you had any advice.

I flew with China Airlines last time, it was great, I love the TV in the seat.

Devils 1
03-08-10, 16:46
Hey guys,

I am planing to visit Makati in May 14-31. I am looking into flights now, from Phoenix to Manila. They are going for around $1100 right now. Do you think I should buy right away? do you think the prices will go up? I think it is still early now, but I am afraid the prices might go up a lot soon. Since some of you go to ph a lot I was wondering if you had any advice.

I flew with China Airlines last time, it was great, I love the TV in the seat.Try Hawaiian Air. I think you can get it for cheaper, and the flight times are pretty good.

Prince2
03-09-10, 01:18
Will be in AC from April 17th for around 2 weeks if anyone wants to meet up give me a shout

SixteenVolt182
03-09-10, 23:50
For me I would rather take China, or Eva, because they have the TV in the seat, they treat you better, more food. The first time I was in PH, I took Northwest and it was pretty bad in comparison to China airlines. Anyone here taken EVA airlines? Plus the Asian Airlines have hot girls.

Lala Bay
03-10-10, 18:38
Will be in Angeles in early April.

Let me know if you're around.

Gonzofiend
03-11-10, 21:05
For me I would rather take China, or Eva, because they have the TV in the seat, they treat you better, more food. The first time I was in PH, I took Northwest and it was pretty bad in comparison to China airlines. Anyone here taken EVA airlines? Plus the Asian Airlines have hot girls.I went from Seattle to Manilla on EVA. The stewardesses were absolutely gorgeous and what I heard is is that they are required to be single. The food was okay and the planes all had the tv screens and the like.

The only thing that sucks is that their hub is in Taiwan, and they do not allow any smoking anywhere in the terminal and they won't let you go outside. That was a kick to the jewels after such a long flight, but it's my fault for being stupid enough to smoke.

Gonzo

Babydollruler
03-12-10, 20:39
Any suggestioiins on airlines.

SixteenVolt182
03-16-10, 19:47
i just booked with china airlines for may 17-may31, i traveled with them before and loved the girls and the tv in the seat it makes that 13 hour flight much more bearable when you can watch a lot of movies on the flight.

i am going to stay in makati city, i am thinking of the durban inn, great eastern or sunset tower. i stayed at the city garden hotel last time, but they are more expensive. anyone have any opinions on any of the 3 i mentioned?

i am looking to bring a lot of girls back to the hotel with the least amount of hassle also.

anyone have any suggestions on booking a small trip when i am there to boracay. i heard if you book in from the usa they will [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) you on the price.

would you suggest booking before i get there or wait until i am already there?

how about the girl opportunitys in boracay? or should i bring a girl with?

thanks for any info. if anyone is there when i am there also, maybe we can meet up.

any suggestioiins on airlines.

GregLondon
03-17-10, 10:22
as long as you arent in peek holiday season should be plenty of cheap internal flights to boracay. personally i like to go there and look round a few places and book there. i brought a couple of girls there which was fun (a) because the girls were so excited (b) because the ratio of foreign guys to hot young girls is very poor so many many guys without girls.

if you find a nice girl in manila/ac or cebu etc i advice bringing her with you

i just booked with china airlines for may 17-may31, i traveled with them before and loved the girls and the tv in the seat it makes that 13 hour flight much more bearable when you can watch a lot of movies on the flight.

i am going to stay in makati city, i am thinking of the durban inn, great eastern or sunset tower. i stayed at the city garden hotel last time, but they are more expensive. anyone have any opinions on any of the 3 i mentioned?

i am looking to bring a lot of girls back to the hotel with the least amount of hassle also.

anyone have any suggestions on booking a small trip when i am there to boracay. i heard if you book in from the usa they will [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) you on the price.

thanks for any info. if anyone is there when i am there also, maybe we can meet up.

SuperSteve
03-17-10, 15:22
Hey guys,

I flew with China Airlines last time, it was great, I love the TV in the seat.

I just flew China Airlines to Manila from LAX for $800.00. Maybe you could book Southwest to LAX for about a $100.00, connect, and save some money.

SixteenVolt182
03-18-10, 01:37
Thanks Greg for the information, I will wait till i am there to book. Lets see if I meet a girl I want to bring with me. I would hate to be there alone in Boracay. I want to do some humping. hehe

Super Steve, I just got my flight with China Airlines for $967 from LAX to Manila and booked with US airways from Phoenix to LAX for $120.

It was the cheapest flights I could find about a week ago. I hope the price does not go down again or I will be kicking myself.

DriveAllNight
03-18-10, 19:00
Thanks Greg for the information, I will wait till i am there to book. Lets see if I meet a girl I want to bring with me. I would hate to be there alone in Boracay. I want to do some humping. hehe

Super Steve, I just got my flight with China Airlines for $967 from LAX to Manila and booked with US airways from Phoenix to LAX for $120.

It was the cheapest flights I could find about a week ago. I hope the price does not go down again or I will be kicking myself.Have you considered Sabang Beach, 16V? It's on the island of Puerto Galera. It's just 2 hours by taxi to Batangas, then a 1 hour ferry to Sabang. Beautiful beaches, excellent diving/snorkeling....and there's a half-dozen girlie bars there (1000p barfine + 1000p tip). Boracay has no girlie bars, only freelancers @ 3000p.

If you want beach paradise + mongering in Phils, it's the place.

===============================================

Hi Driveallnight,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members answer or post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your informaiton in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Itsoweezee
03-23-10, 00:22
Sort of a last minute thing, but I found myself with a week of vacation and nowhere to go. Made a last minute reservation on the 20th for a flight to Manila on the 21st. Just arrived this morning staying at the G-Hotel on Roxas Blvd. Think I'm going to snooze for a bit, then figure out what to do for the afternoon.

First time here for me (didn't have too much time to do a lot of research either, but the forum was a great help), so if anyone wants to have a beer, let me know. Anyways, I'm hoping I can have enough fun out here to put together an interesting trip report!

Mayntain
03-24-10, 04:17
I just purchased my airfare from Houston to Manila with Continental to San Fran and China air to Taipia/Manila. I checked and was surprised to find I had about 50k mileage with China. It was enough to up-grade to bizness class for the Pacific leg of my trip!!!! SWEET! Oh by the way I paid $1476!! ouch!

Genkisugiru
03-25-10, 01:57

thanks for any info. if anyone is there when i am there also, maybe we can meet up.i think your questions have been adequately addressed by other guys with more ph knowledge and experience than me. but i'll add my two cents' worth. i went to ph for the first time in june, 2008. stayed a night or two in manila then boracay for 5. 6 nights. regrettably, i didn't bring a girl with me to boracay. big mistake. there were almost no wg's / p4p opportunities that i could c. it is not a place to go alone without a chick. i did one free-lancer one time the entire time i was there. of the few providers walking around offering p4p, i'd estimate that 50% were ts / lady boys.

my going there without a "companion" was shocking news to every local i encountered. when i checked into the hotel, the women staff asked me in total surprise, "where is your companion? you're alone?! " the activities shop manager felt bad for me and offered to hook me up with his god daughter, a local shop girl. the boatman whose boat i rented, offered to bring his niece over from the mainland to accompany me for the week. even my hotel staff told me they hated seeing me alone, and offered to introduce me to their friend who worked in another hotel. people seemed genuinely surprised and concerned for me that i had come to boracay without a companion.

i had no problem booking a mnl-boracay-mnl flight a week or two ahead of time, but fridays-weekends seemed to fill up in advance, and i understand that holidays can be book up weeks. months in advance.

i loved boracay. it's a great place to relax. the better hotels along the beach have very good wifi, so i could work near or on the beach on my laptop a few hours every day, which was wonderful.

Genkisugiru
03-25-10, 02:25
if you just want pussy stay in manila. the girls in ac are cheaper but are more hit and miss. definitely stay away from the dia girls. many have crab louse encrusted pubes, are ladyboys, scammers or ****, and none have medical exams. don't take risks to save on barfines by rubbing pennies and using dia.chocha monger,

i've only had one previous trip to ph (manila and boracay), and did only two chicks, one from la cafe, and one street wg in boracay. for my upcoming second trip to ph, i plan to try 4. 5 cities over 3. 4 weeks, and i'd hoped to use dia for some of my action. i joined dia a few days ago. i've read some pretty positive comments about dia from several posters in various isg forums. with the obvious caveats about scammers, lady boys, ****, etc. your comments are the most negative i've seen about dia. could you elaborate? i'm not disagreeing, as i'm a dia newbie and don't have an opinion about dia either way. for my education, i'd love to hear more about dia issues / caveats. do you really think the potential for crabs or std's is less with bar girls from angeles or girls from la cafe, for example? i was hoping. perhaps naively. that dia semi-pro's or non-pro's might be less likely to have std's.

thanks in advance for your additional thoughts on this.

Brymor
03-25-10, 10:15
if you just want pussy stay in manila. the girls in ac are cheaper but are more hit and miss. definitely stay away from the dia girls. many have crab louse encrusted pubes, are ladyboys, scammers or ****, and none have medical exams. don't take risks to save on barfines by rubbing pennies and using dia.just read your review of dia. just thought it was a very unfair, negative and a completely innacurate assessment of dia. how can you make such a sweeping and generalised statement such as that, there is no objectivity in your observation. i have had scores of succesful dates from date in asia and whilst you do get the odd ladyboy, scammer and **** girl, the majority of the girls are genuine. dia posting rules allow ladyboys to advertise also, but they tend to be in a small minority and they are usually upfront about their status. the only reasonably accurate remark you have made is the one about the girls not having medical certificates, however this is supposed to be a dating site and that would be a rather strange requirement to expect from anyone don't you think?

if by scamming you mean trying to seperate you from your money, then surely that is the underlying principle of most pinays, whether they are pros or not. even a non pro respectable girl will inevitably end up costing you probably more than you will pay for p4p in the long run.

i am assuming your remarks are based on the following post which you have used to quote before, but you seem to have grossly exaggerated one of the poster's comments so that now in your opinion, many of the dia girls have diseases. that is certainly not what the poster was saying :
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=983207&postcount=2140

maybe i am wrong and you have personally had a bad experience from one or two of the girls on dia that have in turn tainted your perceptions. if that is the case then i hope you managed to get rid of your pubic lice without too much difficulty?

below are posters with more balanced and positive views:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=958267#post958267

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=985953&postcount=3203

Cunning Stunt
03-25-10, 11:57
Just read your review of DIA.LOL. You guys are so funny. Knowing the writing style of the member, don't you realize that CM's comments were not meant to be interpreted literally but was a pisstake on the post, a short while before, that you linked in your report.

When I read CM's caustic comments, I had to laugh as I often do at the world weary, amusing, battle scarred, cynical old bastard comments frequently made in the posts of this excellent contributor. He doesn't offer much solid info but does give a lot of laughs.

They sure make a change from the 'reports' of another member who now prefaces every post with a sulky little snipe, although that is hilarious as well, although in a sad way.

P. S Why is this on the Travel Plans and Announcements thread?

Brymor
03-25-10, 12:22
If CM's post was meant to be a pisstake on the other poster's comments, he did not make any reference to the other poster in his remarks and it would be difficult for anyone to make that connection. If I am wrong and have misjudged CM then I unreservedly apologise to him. You are right that this is not really the appropriate thread to have this discussion, I was just responding to CM's comments in this particular thread.

Cunning Stunt
03-25-10, 12:38
If CM's post was meant to be a pisstake on the other poster's comments, he did not make any reference to the other poster in his remarks and it would be difficult for anyone to make that connection. Well, that's my guess knowing the usually controversial but ever so slightly tongue in cheek posts of CM. But only one person can confirm this so over to him.

Fast Eddie 48
03-26-10, 06:32
Hey guys,

I flew with China Airlines last time, it was great, I love the TV in the seat.To Sixteen volt

Try cathay pacific they have 5 flight a day from california 2 from SFO and 3 from LAX transfer in Hong Kong and 7 flight a day from HK to Manila, ticket is about 900 USD round trip from LAX, service is better than China airline with your own tv also.

Fast Eddie 48

Radoboy
03-27-10, 06:15
I'M coming to Manila in 4 days time. Arr evening of Wed 31st and Leaving Saturday night 3rd. No Hotel booked yet, but I assume Makati.

Not my first trip, but my first solo trip if you get my drift.

Australian but I have lived in the US and been to Asia 40 times, but Phil only once before. Wouldn't mind a wingman or two. Or just a friendly beer. I'm not a big drinker but enjoy a few laughs.

Normad2020
03-28-10, 14:10
I have finally decided to make my first trip to Angeles for my 1st half vacation this year. Normally I will go to Thailand (Bangkok or Pattaya). I have read extensively in this forum and have gathered some great information. Also to several members who have replied to my queries.....Thank you.

I need some advise as to make my final choice of accommodation.....I have short-listed down to the following:
(1) Perimeter Hotel
(2) Royal Amsterdam
(3) Swiss Chalet

I am not much of a drinker and so the drinking part is not important to me. However, I want to be near lots of girls who are not "harden" (like those found in Soi Cowboy (Bangkok) or Walking Street (Pattaya)), and of course easily accessible to A Santos.

Further, I understand that May 10 will be the election for The Philippines. Does this have any bearing on the number of girls available in Angeles. Given the fact that they might do their national duties of casting their votes back in their home town.

Hope to hear some advise from members on this forum.

Cheers
normad2020

Prince2
03-28-10, 16:21
I have finally decided to make my first trip to Angeles for my 1st half vacation this year. Normally I will go to Thailand (Bangkok or Pattaya). I have read extensively in this forum and have gathered some great information. Also to several members who have replied to my queries.....Thank you.

I need some advise as to make my final choice of accommodation.....I have short-listed down to the following:
(1) Perimeter Hotel
(2) Royal Amsterdam
(3) Swiss Chalet

I am not much of a drinker and so the drinking part is not important to me. However, I want to be near lots of girls who are not "harden" (like those found in Soi Cowboy (Bangkok) or Walking Street (Pattaya)), and of course easily accessible to A Santos.

Further, I understand that May 10 will be the election for The Philippines. Does this have any bearing on the number of girls available in Angeles. Given the fact that they might do their national duties of casting their votes back in their home town.

Hope to hear some advise from members on this forum.

Cheers
normad2020

Royal Amsterdam is in the heart of fields, fairly close to Santos but a 15 minute walk to the the start of the perimeter area.
Swiss is also in the heart of fields but down a side road so you can bring back girls rather more discretely. The place is well priced but rather dated and has horrible foam mattresses.

If you want to stay closer to Perimeter Rd then i would suggest the Euroasia hotel - great pool and the rooms are ok

Normad2020
03-29-10, 05:33
Thanks for the feedback, Prince2.

I am beginning to lean towards Royal Amsterdam (RA) given its location and the positive feedback from ISG members and travel review sites such as "TripAdvisor".

BTW when you say 15 minutes walk, for me that would translate to approximately 2.5km. Is that a close estimation of the distance from RA to the beginning of Perimeter area? So if I pull a girl from the Perimeter bar back to RA, that should be quite safe to walk in the early evening?

Any members here who might have some observations on RA or "things to watch out for" if I were to stay there? I would appreciate very much your feedback and advise.

I am counting the days as my air tickets have been issued!!!!!

Cheers
normad2020

Royal Amsterdam is in the heart of fields, fairly close to Santos but a 15 minute walk to the the start of the perimeter area.
Swiss is also in the heart of fields but down a side road so you can bring back girls rather more discretely. The place is well priced but rather dated and has horrible foam mattresses.

If you want to stay closer to Perimeter Rd then i would suggest the Euroasia hotel - great pool and the rooms are ok

SixteenVolt182
03-30-10, 19:14
Anyone ever stayed at the LZL apartments/condo in Quezon? It is near Gen Lim Quezon Ave and Timog Ave, I have a friend that said it is a nice area and there are some upscale girly bars there. I hate bugs in my room also.

Anyone have any information on that area? I stayed at City Garden hotel last time I was in PH, lots of hot girls on Burgos st.

Prince2
03-31-10, 00:28
thanks for the feedback, prince2.

i am beginning to lean towards royal amsterdam (ra) given its location and the positive feedback from isg members and travel review sites such as "tripadvisor".

btw when you say 15 minutes walk, for me that would translate to approximately 2.5km. is that a close estimation of the distance from ra to the beginning of perimeter area? so if i pull a girl from the perimeter bar back to ra, that should be quite safe to walk in the early evening?

any members here who might have some observations on ra or "things to watch out for" if i were to stay there? i would appreciate very much your feedback and advise.

i am counting the days as my air tickets have been issued!!!!!

cheers
normad2020

ra to the start of perimeter is just under 1 mile, however permiter itself is a good 2.5 miles long with bars rep001tered all along it's length. if you happen to pick up a girl at the start of perimeter e.g. cherrys/stampede then it's safe to walk back but if you travel much beyond the lewis grand hotel then i think you'd be best taking a jeepney.

with respect to danger levels i am not sure what you are used to but i would consider ac to be a very safe destination. just don't be an arse and avoid engaging any street vendors!

the ra is ok but like i said before, slightly exposed. it was a great hotel when it 1st opened but is now begining to show signs of its age..

btw i will be in ac from april 17th if you need some one to show you around

Normad2020
03-31-10, 04:08
thanks mate for the information.

i am a person who will always respect the culture, people and places that i go too. i am also a gentlemen when it comes to respecting the ladies i met in my travels as i always treat them as a person first and foremost irregardless of the profession they are in.

given the relative "age" of ra (as mentioned), could you please recommend to me other hotels of similar price range located on fields or slightly off fields that i can consider?

my normal mongering holiday grounds are jakarta, bali, bangkok and pattaya and this is the first time i venture to angeles. i have been to manila several times on business but the "entertainment" have always been arranged for me by my clients. this trip to angeles is my personal trip....thus the many queries.

i am very grateful to you prince2 for helping me with the information as it is indeed invaluable to me as i plan my trip. as for meeting up, i will be in angeles from 12 may onwards and if you are still there, we can certainly meet up. maybe you can point me to some "gems" that only experts and localized ex-pat share amongst themselves :-)

once again thank you.

cheers
normad2020

ra to the start of perimeter is just under 1 mile, however permiter itself is a good 2.5 miles long with bars rep001tered all along it's length. if you happen to pick up a girl at the start of perimeter e.g. cherrys/stampede then it's safe to walk back but if you travel much beyond the lewis grand hotel then i think you'd be best taking a jeepney.

with respect to danger levels i am not sure what you are used to but i would consider ac to be a very safe destination. just don't be an arse and avoid engaging any street vendors!

the ra is ok but like i said before, slightly exposed. it was a great hotel when it 1st opened but is now begining to show signs of its age..

btw i will be in ac from april 17th if you need some one to show you around

Manta Ray
03-31-10, 05:51
I will be in Puerto Galera (Sabang) from April 1-4 for some diving and, er, recreation. If anyone is going to be down there at the same time and wants an evening bar buddy, then shoot me a PM.

Manta Ray

Prince2
04-01-10, 00:51
Thanks Mate for the information.

I am a person who will always respect the culture, people and places that I go too. I am also a gentlemen when it comes to respecting the ladies I met in my travels as I always treat them as a person first and foremost irregardless of the profession they are in.

Given the relative "age" of RA (as mentioned), could you please recommend to me other hotels of similar price range located on Fields or slightly off Fields that I can consider?

My normal mongering holiday grounds are Jakarta, Bali, Bangkok and Pattaya and this is the first time I venture to Angeles. I have been to Manila several times on business but the "entertainment" have always been arranged for me by my clients. This trip to Angeles is my personal trip....thus the many queries.

I am very grateful to you Prince2 for helping me with the information as it is indeed invaluable to me as I plan my trip. As for meeting up, I will be in Angeles from 12 May onwards and if you are still there, we can certainly meet up. Maybe you can point me to some "gems" that only experts and localized ex-pat share amongst themselves :-)

Once again thank you.

Cheers
normad2020

Normad

I am by no means and expert...just sharing what i know after half a dozen trips to AC.

My recomendation for a hotel would be Euroasia. It is a 10 minute walk to Fields central and is located just after checkpoint (start of Perimeter Rd) It has a GREAT pool and the standard rooms start at P1550. This hotel was completely redone in 2009 so is still 'fresh'.

If you want to stay closer to Fields then the Natalia Apartelle is a good option but it does not have a pool. This place is close to the 7 eleven.

There is a really good map on AC which you can easily find with a google search.

Btw i have been to Jakarta many times and i can promise you that if you can handle Jakarta then AC will be a breeze for you. The downside is that it is FAR easier to find a hot spinner in Jakarta but with a bit of effort you can still find a diamond in AC

Looks like we will miss each other as i leave on the 3rd

Normad2020
04-02-10, 09:07
Thanks Mate for the information!!!!

So Angeles is similar to Jakarta? I will definitely enjoy myself in Angeles as I have survived the less than desirable living conditions of places like Kota in Jakarta....hahaha... As for spinner in Jakarta....that brought me back some very sweet memories.......

I think I will give EuroAsia (1st Option) and Natalie Apartelle (2nd Option) a try. I will try to find their email contacts and inquire about availability of rooms during the intended period of stay.

Since we will miss each other in Angeles, maybe we can meet up in some other place like Jakarta or even another time in Angeles (I am sure this will not be my one and only visit) and have our drinks.

Once again thanks a bunch.

Cheers Mate
normad2020

Normad

I am by no means and expert...just sharing what i know after half a dozen trips to AC.

My recomendation for a hotel would be Euroasia. It is a 10 minute walk to Fields central and is located just after checkpoint (start of Perimeter Rd) It has a GREAT pool and the standard rooms start at P1550. This hotel was completely redone in 2009 so is still 'fresh'.

If you want to stay closer to Fields then the Natalia Apartelle is a good option but it does not have a pool. This place is close to the 7 eleven.

There is a really good map on AC which you can easily find with a google search.

Btw i have been to Jakarta many times and i can promise you that if you can handle Jakarta then AC will be a breeze for you. The downside is that it is FAR easier to find a hot spinner in Jakarta but with a bit of effort you can still find a diamond in AC

Looks like we will miss each other as i leave on the 3rd

Jack Mack
04-03-10, 16:04
April 4th and I'll be staying for the next two months in Manila. I'm being met by a girl ive been talking to for the last 9 months and one of her friends. Here mostly for business but if there are any monger get togethers and I have time I'm up for it.

Jack Mack
04-04-10, 22:02
I'm staying in Palm Plaza Hotel near Robinsons' mall in Manila. I just arrived 6 hours ago. I was really disgusted and questioning if the brightside of the place could possibly make up for the fact that the streets are literally a sess pool.

But then after walking past several ktvs, beggars, and the like I decided to stop at a great smelling out door BBQ joint and while sitting down a table of 3 really cute girls 19-26 invited me to join them. Didn't as for any handouts they were just curious about me and even bought be a cheap beer. 2 hours of fun chatting later I had 3 friends and a number.

The [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) didn't seem to matter half as much walking back to my hotel.

Red Kilt
04-05-10, 06:56
I'm staying in Palm Plaza Hotel near Robinsons' mall in Manila. I just arrived 6 hours ago. I was really disgusted and questioning if the brightside of the place could possibly make up for the fact that the streets are literally a sess pool.

But then after walking past several ktvs, beggars, and the like I decided to stop at a great smelling out door BBQ joint and while sitting down a table of 3 really cute girls 19-26 invited me to join them. Didn't as for any handouts they were just curious about me and even bought be a cheap beer. 2 hours of fun chatting later I had 3 friends and a number.

The [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) didn't seem to matter half as much walking back to my hotel.I dont know where you will be working but you are staying in a fairly run-down area of Manila even though it is also where a lot of cheap tourist hotels are located.

Get yourself across to Makati (about 100php taxi ride) or further along EDSA to Ortigas Center (where SM Megamall and 3 other big malls are located) and the smell of [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) disappears and you are in very well-developed city areas.

I had a similar 1st day response to you when I arrived in 1997 to work for 3 months and now, 13 years later, I am still here working. I never had the welcoming trio that you had either.

It all gets better mate - just go with the flow.

Funktup
04-08-10, 12:22
I am in Makati now at the Oxford Suites till Monday and wondered if any experienced monger wanted to meet up.

Cheers

Blackangst
04-09-10, 20:06
Not sure who you all use for booking, I usually have used BT store. But I found a site called ASAP...I found RT from Phoenix for $836. Anyone ever use them? When Im ready to book in the next couple of weeks I'll give them a try. http://www.asaptickets.com/

Matius
04-10-10, 03:34
I went to visit a friend of mine at one of the local Hotels, Geomania. Never been there before, got to say this is a gem of a hotel.

Its not on the main Perimeter road, rather on one of the side streets behind the Petron Petrol station. It only has about 15 or 16 rooms, run by Germans (only those who have travelled to Germany know how the Germans run these small hotels, clean, friendly, unique). It has a beautiful swimming pool in an isolated courtyard that is surrounded by the rooms, which are on three floors. The rooms are huge, and while not five star quality, given their being new, very clean and well presented, can't imagine anyone having a complaint. The hotel has both a restaurant and bar (did not see the restaurant, but the bar is very cute and enticing, and they have girls).

Now for the prices, and you won't believe the value until you see it. The rooms go for only 1200 p per night. The bar's prices are perimeter road, 60p for most local drinks, 1000 p for a barfine, 100 p for ladies drinks.

The only negative is that the hotel is not on the main street, so one would have to take a trike to get to the strip, but that is only a five minute ride. One who generally recommends the ABC Hotel or Wild Orchid, this little hotel was a complete surprise such as to strongly recommend it.

The name is Geomania, their phone number is (63) 045 892 1276. Their email is geomaniahotel@yahoo.com, their website is www.geomaniahotel.com

Blackangst
04-11-10, 00:22
By the time you add the additional fees and taxes it will become apparant you are better off buying direct form one of the Airline's web sites. Also, good luck if you want to change the return date. That's when they really clip you. If you are in Phoenix I'd suggest you fly PAL from LAX.

FYI their prices include all taxes. Changing a return date isnt an issue for me. Generally it looks like they book through China Southern, United, or Hawaiian Air. And theyre BBB accredited. But, there is also the convenience of non stop service from LAX with PAL. Adding RT from PHX to LAX I guess it would be about a $300 difference.

Hairy Wonder
04-11-10, 08:02
Hi all (maybe I should start saying y'all)!

My easy trips from Korea to Philippines are over for now. I will be moving back to the US soon, near Lexington, KY. I know this might envoke the RTFF comments, but I'm going to ask the question anyhow. Does anyone know where would be the best place for me to check for flights from Lexington to Cebu, or Manila even? I just looked at the link below for ASAP Tickets, and they showed a round trip in June would be at least $1300! I might have to wait for the off season to try to get better pricing.

Happy mongering!
HW

Blackangst
04-12-10, 02:10
Spent a couple hours researching and doing some digging...kinda shady. Ill stick to BT Travel. I like BT because byou can have the search do plus/minus 1, 2, or 3 days if youre flexible. For instance for my dates there was a $400 difference just by leaving one day earlier.

Anyway...just reporting my findings on what I thought might be a great find.

Mayntain
04-12-10, 05:30
Spent a couple hours researching and doing some digging...kinda shady. Ill stick to BT Travel. I like BT because byou can have the search do plus/minus 1, 2, or 3 days if youre flexible. For instance for my dates there was a $400 difference just by leaving one day earlier.

Anyway...just reporting my findings on what I thought might be a great find.
BT Travel same as BT STORE? Or all together diff ccompaany?

Blackangst
04-12-10, 13:46
BT Travel same as BT STORE? Or all together diff ccompaany?

Sorry, yes. Same company. www.bt-store.com

Captain America
04-13-10, 00:22
Coming in for an extended weekend this saturday, leaving next wednesday. Anyone that wants to hang out in manila or olongapo/subic, drop me a pm, please.

Benzedrine
04-17-10, 00:32
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I received an email from Hawaiian Airlines regarding a sale of $874 RT from anywhere they fly in the states to Manila for a limited time.

The cheapest I could find elsewhere came to $1200 US minimum, so this is a good deal.

You have to travel after 13 August, and the ticket must be booked on their website before the end of April.

I would have jumped on this, but I can't hold out much longer on a trip to the RP.

Enjoy.

Normad2020
04-17-10, 07:45
Finally, I have all my flights arrangements confirmed and my hotel in Angeles booked. I am counting down to the day (3 week from now) when I will be in Angeles.

I need some advise as to which "pre-paid" mobile service provider should I buy my phone number from and where can I get such a number in Angeles. I am asking as this is my first time to Angeles.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

Buko Max
04-18-10, 06:10
Finally, I have all my flights arrangements confirmed and my hotel in Angeles booked. I am counting down to the day (3 week from now) when I will be in Angeles.

I need some advise as to which "pre-paid" mobile service provider should I buy my phone number from and where can I get such a number in Angeles. I am asking as this is my first time to Angeles.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020
Please check the General Info thread.

Normad2020
04-19-10, 03:12
Thanks Mate for the information. Will get the SIM card once I landed in Angeles.

Cheers
normad2020

Please check the General Info thread.

Member #4147
04-19-10, 23:18
Beginning April 22. Anyone having experience w/SmartBro or adapter for Apple laptop to access internet? The Marriott charges hi fees for internet and I would like a less expensive option. PM if you would like to meet.

Cheers

Blackangst
04-20-10, 02:12
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I received an email from Hawaiian Airlines regarding a sale of $874 RT from anywhere they fly in the states to Manila for a limited time.

The cheapest I could find elsewhere came to $1200 US minimum, so this is a good deal.

You have to travel after 13 August, and the ticket must be booked on their website before the end of April.

I would have jumped on this, but I can't hold out much longer on a trip to the RP.

Enjoy.

That is a good price however its one of the shittiest times of the year to be there. Have to take that into consideration too.

Marconista
04-21-10, 00:00
If I recall correctly you will find software for a-poo on the CD.
But smart thing would be to go to a SMART store in one of the major malls and ask them for assistance in installing it on your machine. ;)

Beginning April 22. Anyone having experience w/SmartBro or adapter for Apple laptop to access internet? The Marriott charges hi fees for internet and I would like a less expensive option. PM if you would like to meet.

Cheers

Brymor
04-21-10, 17:27
Guys
Is anyone able to help regarding any issues I need to be concerned about if I am travelling internally in the Philippines on election day? I am flying from CDO back to Cebu on the 10th of May and booked my ticket months ago without realising this was election day. Some of the girls I have spoken to have been all doom and gloom but most Filipinas seem to express their opinions without anything of substance to support those views. Would prefer a more reliable opinion from some of you guys that actually live or work there.
Mortman

Warbucks
04-21-10, 17:57
Guys,

Is anyone able to help regarding any issues I need to be concerned about if I am travelling internally in the Philippines on election day? I am flying from CDO back to Cebu on the 10th of May and booked my ticket months ago without realising this was election day. Some of the girls I have spoken to have been all doom and gloom but most Filipinas seem to express their opinions without anything of substance to support those views. Would prefer a more reliable opinion from some of you guys that actually live or work there.

MortmanThis election year seems to have a little bit of spice and everything not nice. Outgoing President clawing and scratching her way out the door. An incendiary murder case in which the President is showing favor to the perpetrators, candidates doing everything in their power to vilify and humiliate the opposing candidates.

Anybody for People Power Revolt Part 3? That’s one movie I hope not to see.

Mortman you will be fine just take the same precautions as usual have great trip.

Fast Eddie 48
04-21-10, 22:21
Hey guys,

Enjoy.Benzedrine

You can get airfare RT from Cathay pacific or PAL for around 925 USD from LA or SFO to Manila fly before may23, airfare go up after that by 95 USD until after end of sep.

Fast Eddie 48

Blackangst
04-22-10, 05:04
Benzedrine

You can get airfare RT from Cathay pacific or PAL for around 925 USD from LA or SFO to Manila fly before may23, airfare go up after that by 95 USD until after end of sep.

Fast Eddie 48

For sure PAL is about $1300 from LAX middle of July (after taxes and such).

Mayntain
04-24-10, 00:28
Thanks Mate for the information. Will get the SIM card once I landed in Angeles.

Cheers
normad2020
What dates will you be visiting A.C?

Normad2020
04-24-10, 05:15
I will be in Angeles from 13 - 16 May. I am counting the days to my cheery trip......!

Cheers

What dates will you be visiting A.C?

Member #3438
04-27-10, 22:08
I am traveling to Manila this July. Preferably about July 7 or 8th until July 21st or 22nd. I would be leaving from Detroit (DTW). Does anyone know of where I can get the best rates on flight and hotel. So far seems like we are staying at the CityState Tower hotel, but open to other options. Trying to save money so anything would help.

Main reason of my trip is for my uncles wedding to a filipina, but I am single so looking to have a great time also.

Brymor
04-28-10, 10:38
I am traveling to Manila this July. Preferably about July 7 or 8th until July 21st or 22nd. I would be leaving from Detroit (DTW). Does anyone know of where I can get the best rates on flight and hotel. So far seems like we are staying at the CityState Tower hotel, but open to other options. Trying to save money so anything would help.

Main reason of my trip is for my uncles wedding to a filipina, but I am single so looking to have a great time also.

I see this is your first post so I will try not to be too hard on you. The primary purpose of this forum is not to act as a travel agency or travel guide for non contributing members. Your request smacks of complete laziness since there are a multitude of websites out there offering good deals on flights and hotels, just do your research. If you make the effort to read through the forums here, you will find some very good advice about everything that you are looking for, but I anticipate very few established members will want to spend the time to put together the information you require, when you cannot even be bothered to make more of an effort yourself! Hope you enjoy what sounds like your first trip to the Philippines

Member #4351
04-28-10, 14:37
Jaimito Cartero might. He seems to enjoy answering these types of questions. I suggest you PM him.

JohnHorner
04-28-10, 22:01
Hey all,

Long time viewer, finally taking the big plunge and coming to Phils for 2 weeks. Hoping to have the time of my life!

This will be a cherry trip, so anyone who is willing to show me the ropes would be most appreciated!

Also, one quick question I'll be staying at Pacific Breeze, is it safe to bring a laptop along from the US? I'd like to put up reports as well as keep up with whats going on while I'm there.

Thanks!

WestCoast1
04-29-10, 00:30
For sure PAL is about $1300 from LAX middle of July (after taxes and such).$1166 from LAX after July 4. Must use the China Airlines website. Google that.

Five10
04-29-10, 00:35
What is the most I should pay?

Don't want to pay too much and MUCK it up for others in the future.

Thanks

Blackangst
04-29-10, 08:06
$1166 from LAX after July 4. Must use the China Airlines website. Google that.

Yes, I know. I was just commenting :) Hawaiian is who I booked though ;)

Gogobarlover
04-29-10, 09:08

ThanksFrom what I read and heard from others, I think it's like 2000 - 3000 pesos including tolls 1 way.

WestCoast1
04-29-10, 14:29

ThanksThe hotels in AC charge 2500-2700 pesos for their service. I would assume about the same from a street taxi. Gents?

White Whale
04-29-10, 16:36
Also, one quick question I'll be staying at Pacific Breeze, is it safe to bring a laptop along from the US? I'd like to put up reports as well as keep up with whats going on while I'm there.

Thanks!

It depends size of your tool... Sorry, bad joke. I mean computer. They have very wide in-room safety boxes so even wide screen laptop may fit in. Actually first time I have seen that size. In the basic size safety box like in affiliate hotel Central Park you can fit Asus EeePC 900 if you do Tetris style packing.

I used to rent the laptop from the hotel. You could concider that option if only staying in PB. If you decide to do that then let the hotel know in advance just to be sure there is one for you. The hotel computer fits in to safe and it is normal size.

Cherry trip? Oh boy, you really will have best time in your life :)

White Whale
04-29-10, 16:46

Thanks

Many hotels have a transport service available in their web site. I have used that opportunity. As an example Pasific Breeze seems to charge 2500PHP for a car from Manila airport to the hotel.

Five10
04-29-10, 20:37
Many hotels have a transport service available in their web site. I have used that opportunity. As an example Pasific Breeze seems to charge 2500PHP for a car from Manila airport to the hotel.2000-2500 ok.

I will go no higher.

Robbaf
04-29-10, 22:35

Thanks
What hotel are you staying in?? You can use your hotel or you can go here and schedule your pickup http://www.margarita-station.com/airport.html

From the website:
Car: I recommend cars over vans for one to two individuals since most have a little better legroom than the some of the vans. We can arrange for a car for three people if you have only a small amount of luggage.
Normal: P 2400

Holiday: P 2650

That price is all in and includes tolls. You can tip the driver if you wish. I have the driver stop at an ATM on the way and I tip 300P.

I have used Margarita Station 12 times with no issues:)

Robb

JohnHorner
04-30-10, 01:48
It depends size of your tool... Sorry, bad joke. I mean computer. They have very wide in-room safety boxes so even wide screen laptop may fit in. Actually first time I have seen that size. In the basic size safety box like in affiliate hotel Central Park you can fit Asus EeePC 900 if you do Tetris style packing.

I used to rent the laptop from the hotel. You could concider that option if only staying in PB. If you decide to do that then let the hotel know in advance just to be sure there is one for you. The hotel computer fits in to safe and it is normal size.

Cherry trip? Oh boy, you really will have best time in your life :)Thanks! The computer I'm bringing is indeed the Asus EeePC, so I think that will work nicely!

5 more days, and counting, I've been reviewing the boards, gleaning all the info I can, even hit up a few camgirls for some details. They are super helpful. One even wanted to meet me as a "tourguide" I've heard that is a bad idea. Don't want to get tied down to just 1 "tourguide".

Anyway, like I said anyone wants to meet up for a drink or some bar hopping, let me know.

One other question, how is mongering in Angeles Solo, is it easier to pick up some hotties single or with a group?

Thanks again all, your contributions have truly shape this trip!

WestCoast1
04-30-10, 02:13
I used Swiss Chalet's service. I think it was p2500 or 2700. I had the driver stop shortly after the airport at a convenience store for a drink on the trip (and offered to buy him one), then later before getting out of Manila at Jolibee, then at an ATM in AC. He was nice, we talked for a bit. I stretched out in the back seat (good sized sedan) and slept for an hour on the freeway, and asked him to knock off the music for me. He helped with my luggage on both ends. Tipped him p300. He is, practically, your chauffer from your pickup to dropoff. I dont do this each time, but it can be nice sometime after a long flight, to be able to rest and get right to my intended destination. Otherwise you are spending an extra night in Manila, and catching the fly-the-bus up (advantage, only p550 about).

Jackzonian
05-02-10, 19:14
Help -- all you mongers who also golf. If you can, give me an outline of how you would combine a mongering trip with golf. Do I go to Cebu? Naturally, I like beaches,too. I'm thinking about next Nov/Dec. Somebody out there must have the skinny on good public courses in proximity to mongering gogo clubs.

My knowledge base is Thailand but I want to try the PI. I appreciate any guidance from mongers in the know.

thanks j

Normad2020
05-05-10, 06:34
Gentlemen, I have done my bookings (flights and accommodation) and I have done my research through ISG. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all the generous guys here who have assisted me by giving advise for me to plan my Cherry Trip. I am ready to go.

As a final preparation, may I check with the experts in AC on the political situation there (given the pending election).

I am so glad that I decided to choose AC for my mid-year break instead of Pattaya/Bangkok, and I look forward to having a great time without the need to worry about political tension.

Hope to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

GregLondon
05-05-10, 07:09
There are a lot of posters everywhere and most people seem to be looking forward to a new government. Don't worry about it, esp in AC.

Just remember that the average income per head in Phils is about $3500 compared with $8500 in Thailand so prepare yourself for more run down infrastructure. It can be a shock for first timers used to BKK/Pattaya. The bars are not as racy as Pattaya, the food not as good, but the girls are much nicer/more friendly/less fake - especially ifyou venture away from AC and start hiting the semi pro scene.

Gentlemen, I have done my bookings (flights and accommodation) and I have done my research through ISG. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all the generous guys here who have assisted me by giving advise for me to plan my Cherry Trip. I am ready to go.

As a final preparation, may I check with the experts in AC on the political situation there (given the pending election).

I am so glad that I decided to choose AC for my mid-year break instead of Pattaya/Bangkok, and I look forward to having a great time without the need to worry about political tension.

Hope to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

Normad2020
05-05-10, 08:27
Thanks Mate for the information.

I am not too worry about poor infrastructure as I have seen my fair share of "rundown" places in Jakarta and Surabaya. I was informed by another expert here that the condition in AC is comparable to some parts of Jakarta and that to me is acceptable.

I have made up my mind to go there and have as much fun as possible whilst at the same time being mindful of my safety and show the appropriate respect to everyone.

Will post my report.....

Cheers
normad2020

There are a lot of posters everywhere and most people seem to be looking forward to a new government. Don't worry about it, esp in AC.

Just remember that the average income per head in Phils is about $3500 compared with $8500 in Thailand so prepare yourself for more run down infrastructure. It can be a shock for first timers used to BKK/Pattaya. The bars are not as racy as Pattaya, the food not as good, but the girls are much nicer/more friendly/less fake - especially ifyou venture away from AC and start hiting the semi pro scene.

Rosco4444
05-05-10, 11:06
I am in AC for 8 nights from 16th May. I have been there about 10 times and thus know my way around most of the AC scene. Any members in town at the time want to catch up for a beer or need a wingman PM me.

Happy mongering,

Rosco

Bigdan
05-09-10, 13:32
I will be in AC for my second trip from 22. May - June 4 if anyone would like to meet up for a drink or go barhopping send me a PM!

BD

LoveVegas
05-09-10, 20:13
Anyone on this flight?

Shoot me PM and we can share ride to AC.

SixteenVolt182
05-11-10, 03:34
I am also looking to share a ride with someone to AC. I will be in AC 17-31 maybe I will see you there Rosco.

SixteenVolt182
05-11-10, 03:39
I forgot, I am kind of a WWII buff, if anyone is there May17. 31, I would love to take Corrigidor Island trip, I am thinking about getting a lady friend to go with me, I think it is cheaper with the more people you take. I am also thinking of going to a beach or 2 when I am there, Boracay, Bohol, Subic. Maybe some snorkeling, never done that before.

Saibb
05-14-10, 02:30
Benzedrine

Fast Eddie 48
Just booked a middle of sept trip for 801 on Korean Air

Brymor
05-14-10, 03:26
Guys
A mix up with my booking means that when I return home in a weeks time, I will have overstayed my 21 days visa by a couple of days. I am leaving via Mactan and wondered do any of you regular travellers know what the cost will be when I leave.

Cathay Pacific cannot accomodate me on alternative flights to bring me under the 21 day threshold without cutting significantly into my stay here.

I spoke to an immigration official on arrival and he just told me not to worry and that I can sort it out easily when leaving the country. I don't want to get caught up in a load of red tape as I am leaving......any reliable feedback appreciated?

Mortman

Buko Max
05-14-10, 04:09
Guys
A mix up with my booking means that when I return home in a weeks time, I will have overstayed my 21 days visa by a couple of days. I am leaving via Mactan and wondered do any of you regular travellers know what the cost will be when I leave.
No worries as I overstayed my visa by a few days on my last trip exiting through Clark. You will have to pay for an extension (just under 3000 php) plus a fine (1000 php). The longer you overstay the bigger the fine.

If they question you just act like it is a big surprise! Have slid through immigration a few times myself being a couple days late and they didn't even blink (by the way what ever happened to Blink?)

Brymor
05-14-10, 04:20
OK thanks for that advice. Handy to know I will need to keep some currency in reserve as I am leaving the country

FreebieFan
05-14-10, 05:23
I forgot, I am kind of a WWII buff, if anyone is there May17. 31, I would love to take Corrigidor Island trip, I am thinking about getting a lady friend to go with me, I think it is cheaper with the more people you take. I am also thinking of going to a beach or 2 when I am there, Boracay, Bohol, Subic. Maybe some snorkeling, never done that before.Corregidor is a great trip and highly recommended. I took all my staff there when I worked in Manila and 90% had never been there and many didn't know its history. Theres a funny old hotel on the isalnd too in case you want to stay overnight.

Its got lots of history of WW2 and is totally preserved. No cars allowed on island.

Many Japanese visitors go there too as as many Japanese dies there as Americans/Filipinos and other Allied troops. And of course you can go to spot where MaCarthur is supposed to have said " I'll be back " LOL

Red Kilt
05-14-10, 10:52
OK thanks for that advice. Handy to know I will need to keep some currency in reserve as I am leaving the country

Just be wary about what they put on the computer though.

I had a friend who did the overstay and pay fine at departure thing at NAIA and when he returned the next time through Cebu as he checked in the customs officer said to him that he hoped he wasn't going to overstay his visa again. It had been flagged on his record on the computer.

Not good to have anything negative on your record, especially as computers are all linked up internationally these days. I would be going to the BoI and paying my extension/fine there before I left if it was me.

Brymor
05-14-10, 11:38
Just be wary about what they put on the computer though.

I had a friend who did the overstay and pay fine at departure thing at NAIA and when he returned the next time through Cebu as he checked in the customs officer said to him that he hoped he wasn't going to overstay his visa again. It had been flagged on his record on the computer.

Not good to have anything negative on your record, especially as computers are all linked up internationally these days. I would be going to the BoI and paying my extension/fine there before I left if it was me.

Good point made. Can you advise specifically what I need to do, what is BoI and will I have this facility in Cebu?
PS I may take you up on that cold SMB if our paths ever cross!

GoodEnough
05-14-10, 11:43
Good point made. Can you advise specifically what I need to do, what is BoI and will I have this facility in Cebu?
PS I may take you up on that cold SMB if our paths ever cross!
BOI is the Bureau of Immigration, and you can visit their offices in Cebu, Davao, Manilla and, I would guess several other cities as well. It's not a big deal to get the visa extension.

GE

Buko Max
05-14-10, 12:40
Immigration and customs are two different departments. I have a friend who overstays his visa by a few days every single visit and has never been flagged. Your friend must have given Immigration a hard time because I have been assured thats it's not a problem. How long did he overstay?

Brymor
05-14-10, 15:14
Guys
Thanks for your imput, I will make some enquiries with the BOI next week. Just heading off to Moalboal again for a few days, have got tired of the noise, smells and traffic in Cebu and need some peace and quiet for a few days

Red Kilt
05-14-10, 16:00
Immigration and customs are two different departments. I have a friend who overstays his visa by a few days every single visit and has never been flagged. Your friend must have given Immigration a hard time because I have been assured thats it's not a problem. How long did he overstay?

Sorry I said Customs when i meant Immigration.

I just don't see the point of flaunting visa "rules" every time? It is easy to get an extension for the same amount AND you don't need to pay any fine. Sometimes they will make guys with overstays wait while they deal with the lineup who dont need to have fines calculated.
I wonder who gave you the assurance that it's not a problem. One of the guys at the desk? The current BoI Commissioner Libanan is putting a broom through the Department (he now has CCTV on each booth to watch for attempts at bribes for example)he has tidied up the Retirement Visa requirements, and he has also smoothed out lots of the red tape that used to occur at BoI in Manila.
I personally wouldn't be messing around with overstaying visas. I'd like to see guys try leaving Mongolia or Laos without an extension (2 places I have just been working in).
Some guys want to push the limits on everything and that's OK. Not my style.

AnonJohn
05-15-10, 08:10
Sorry I said Customs when i meant Immigration.

I just don't see the point of flaunting visa "rules" every time? It is easy to get an extension for the same amount AND you don't need to pay any fine. Sometimes they will make guys with overstays wait while they deal with the lineup who dont need to have fines calculated.
I wonder who gave you the assurance that it's not a problem. One of the guys at the desk? The current BoI Commissioner Libanan is putting a broom through the Department (he now has CCTV on each booth to watch for attempts at bribes for example)he has tidied up the Retirement Visa requirements, and he has also smoothed out lots of the red tape that used to occur at BoI in Manila.
I personally wouldn't be messing around with overstaying visas. I'd like to see guys try leaving Mongolia or Laos without an extension (2 places I have just been working in).
Some guys want to push the limits on everything and that's OK. Not my style.

I always just get it taken care of at the NYC Phils Embassy. I love showing that page to them when they think they have me for overstaying. They always look so disappointed. LOL,

Five10
05-18-10, 00:50
just had a dreadful experience there.

tried twice to reserve a room via email. no response to my e mail.

hello. that was a clue!

arrived sunday 2pm may 16.

took trike to geomania with my girlfriend.

thought the trike driver was lost because the location is so out of the way.

arrived and walked into the courtyard pool area, looked for reception desk. there is none. you must go to the bar and the female bartender will give you a card to fill out while (in my case) no less than 5 drunk men sitting at the bar ogled my girlfriend and made strange, rude, comments while i filled out the card. and guess what, two of the drunks were the owners!

it got worse. we were exhausted from our 5 hour drive from puerto galera and needed rest. impossible. doors and windows are so thin every sound from the pool area and bar below filters into your room, and they were playing songs over the speaker system about new york over and over and over again. i kid you not. 20 times i heard "it's up to you ny ny". 20 times.

when i went to the bar and asked that they turn the sound down and stop playing ny ny over and over again one of the drunk owners accused me of being a "nut case".

later that night i took a peek into their "lounge". right out of star wars". my girlfriend actually was somewhat frightened.

next day i went to check out, and was told that they could not accept credit cards. i told them that when i checked in they should have told me they were not accepting plastic. at that point, things got ugly as one of the (once again) drunk owners said "so you stay at the hotel, but have no money to pay? " my face reddened and i simply decided to remain silent, pay cash. and get out- asap.

i gave the owner the cash, received no receipt, got my (our) luggage and left.

worst experience ever in an ac hotel. the worst.

avoid geomania.

Five10
05-18-10, 07:45
There is construction on the building next door (not the fault of the owners of Geomania) but, it added to the uncomfortability of staying at ths "hotel". Bang Bang all day long. And not the kind of banging I like to be associated with.

Also. They have "house" trike driver. His trike was badly in need of new brakes. Each time we stopped the sound was almost painful. Metal on Metal.

FurryFriend
05-18-10, 12:11
Avoid Geomania.

Ya know, most of this is your fault.

If they don't respond to your emails, why did you still show up?

If the owners were drunk and made strange/rude comments, why did you proceed with signing in?

If the trike driver got lost, that's not the fault of the hotel.

Nothing on their website said they accept credit cards. Were there any signs on-site that said they accept credit cards? I bet not. That's not surprising -- lots of establishments in AC don't take credit cards. Why blame the hotel if you made a wrong assumption?

Loud noise from a bar in Angeles City hotel? Who would have guessed? No offense, but if I heard you ask a bar to turn down the music or to stop playing a certain song, I'd think you were nuts too. Bars are supposed to be loud. It's a bar, not a law library.

Bottom line is, if things don't look right, don't use the hotel, especially when there are dozens in the area. It's your responsibility to make intelligent consumer choices and not ignore obvious red flags.

Overall, with the exception of a few hotels, AC accomodations are pretty rudimentary compared to those in most Western countries. As I've told many people, if you come here or most places in the Philippines, you must have a sense of humor and patience -- or pony up more money and get better accomodations.

Robbaf
05-18-10, 13:52

If the owners were drunk and made strange/rude comments, why did you proceed with signing in?

Nothing on their website said they accept credit cards. Were there any signs on-site that said they accept credit cards? I bet not. That's not surprising -- lots of establishments in AC don't take credit cards. Why blame the hotel if you made a wrong assumption?

Loud noise from a bar in Angeles City hotel? Who would have guessed? No offense, but if I heard you ask a bar to turn down the music or to stop playing a certain song, I'd think you were nuts too. Bars are supposed to be loud. It's a bar, not a law library.

Bottom line is, if things don't look right, don't use the hotel, especially when there are dozens in the area. It's your responsibility to make intelligent consumer choices and not ignore obvious red flags.

Overall, with the exception of a few hotels, AC accomodations are pretty rudimentary compared to those in most Western countries. As I've told many people, if you come here or most places in the Philippines, you must have a sense of humor and patience -- or pony up more money and get better accomodations.
Are you fucking kidding me??? He did what he should have done. He tried one night and got the fuck out. I AM sick and tired of the bashing here when someone has issues with a bar or hotel.

The way I read this, you are owner or maybe a friend of owner. I have stayed in at least 75 hotels in the Philippines and NEVER had the issues that he had. All he did was report...You need to get a life.

Robb

PS (Edit): I just read your posts and you have been in AC one time???? I guess you need to write the next addition of the Philippines Lonely Planet to share all of your wisdom.

WestCoast1
05-18-10, 17:47

Overall, with the exception of a few hotels, AC accomodations are pretty rudimentary compared to those in most Western countries. As I've told many people, if you come here or most places in the Philippines, you must have a sense of humor and patience -- or pony up more money and get better accomodations.Furry, respectfully, disagree. The man possibly stopped in AC with his gal for the day/evening, traveling thru. He might not be aware of the bars and the noise. Ya, a newb might ask them to turn down the noise, especially in the afternoon. Catcalls from the owners or his friends to the man's woman? Unkind in any place on earth.

Failure to respond to email? Do business elsewhere. No CC? For a hotel found on the net? That's odd. Most places would place a placard that reads CASH ONLY NO C.C. If you have cash you pay it, that doesnt mean the gent must be happy with it.

White Whale
05-18-10, 19:22
Are you fucking kidding me??? He did what he should have done. He tried one night and got the fuck out. I AM sick and tired of the bashing here when someone has issues with a bar or hotel.

The way I read this, you are owner or maybe a friend of owner. I have stayed in at least 75 hotels in the Philippines and NEVER had the issues that he had. All he did was report...You need to get a life.

Robb

PS (Edit): I just read your posts and you have been in AC one time???? I guess you need to write the next addition of the Philippines Lonely Planet to share all of your wisdom.

DISCLAIMER: I have never been in Geomania and have no knowlegde any of it.

I remember seeing Mathius and KongKing having recent posts:
http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=1010959&highlight=geomania#post1010959

Robb, I totally respect your authoritity with ~600 valuable reports... So you have also been in Geomania personally? If not being there, please give opportunity for opposite opinions towards to Your own Wisdow. Please Sir, just tone it down a little.

PS. I do not have a life before I return to Philippines next Summer again. That's why I hangaround plain idle here :(

Robbaf
05-18-10, 22:26
DISCLAIMER: I have never been in Geomania and have no knowlegde any of it.

I remember seeing Mathius and KongKing having recent posts:
http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=1010959&highlight=geomania#post1010959

Robb, I totally respect your authoritity with ~600 valuable reports... So you have also been in Geomania personally? If not being there, please give opportunity for opposite opinions towards to Your own Wisdow. Please Sir, just tone it down a little.

PS. I do not have a life before I return to Philippines next Summer again. That's why I hangaround plain idle here :(
Thanks:) I was drinking last night and I read Jiggy's report 1021291 about all the free Ho's he scored and then this one slamming a hotel post. I have short timed in this hotel 2 times and never had any issues.

I have been coming here for 20 years and living here for the last three. I hate when BM's post about free pussy (most girls on dating sites are really looking for a boyfriend or need money) and his post make newbies think they can do what he posted:(

Five10 just posted his experience and no hotel owners/employees/friends should be making remarks to anyone's girlfriend.

Thanks
Robb

Member #4147
05-19-10, 14:35
Happy hour at the Executive Lounge there if you want to join PM. Will probably do a run to Sunflower at some point as well if anyone is interested.

Sky Ryder
05-20-10, 08:38
I just got in and got a call from the "asawa". She won't be able to make it to Manila until tomorrow evening. So it looks like I will have to fend for myself tonight. If anyone is in town and would like a wingman, let me know. I am thinking of trying something a little more upscale than Burgos. I didn't plan for this so I don't have any numbers in "storage".
Drop me a PM if you are interested. I am going out to run a few errands and will check back around 5-6 pm....just in time for Happy Hour!

Sky

WestCoast1
05-21-10, 06:45
$1066 total, China Airlines (their website), Los Angeles to Manila, late June.

Coinoperated Boy
05-21-10, 13:23
I'll be returning to the Phils in September after being gone for 11 years. In my long absence, I've been playing pimp in the box with many girls online, vigilantly awaiting my arrival. While in between girls, I plan on island hopping and island mongering. Here are a list of cities I plan on visiting: Manila, Tagaytay, Boracay, Iloilo, Cebu, Bohol, Camiguin, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, & General Santos. I plan on traveling by barge, boat or ferry from every island. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me of any specific hotels, barge/ferry( with car transport), and clubs that they had used/visited and had positive experiences with. I.e. Prices were reasonable, but the service was exemplary. Not too worried about the larger cities. Only Boracay, Bohol and Camiguin since I have no friends or relatives in those cities.

Thx in advance- Coin

===============================================

Hi Coinoperated Boy,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

White Whale
05-21-10, 18:17
I will not be arriving to Clark from Bangkok 25th June 4am because Thursday routing for Cebu Pacific will be discontinued.

Therefore I am not looking for a wing man or a beer buddy or being either one ;)

Manta Ray
05-22-10, 11:28
I will be around this eve, either in Makati or Ermita/Malate (haven't decided which area yet), so if anyone out there is in need of a wing man or just want to share a few brews with an ISG bro, do shoot me a PM with your CP number. Will probably leave my place around 8ish so anytime before then would be fine.

Cheers
Manta Ray

Mahku
06-01-10, 19:38
June 3-6 Manila
June 6-11 Davao
Then Cebu, Bohol and/or Dumaguete

See ya

Red Kilt
06-02-10, 07:03
Check out this news item.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/260097/bi-goes-full-blast-with-visa-program

Anneelke
06-02-10, 23:26
33 yo filipina lady friend from Subic bay and I (50 yo whitey Australian) keen to meet up with other like minded people for threesome variations and any group activities that may be going on.

Please message me and we can chat further, share photos, videos and webcam and arrange a meeting.

Whatsgoingon
06-07-10, 18:50
Hey guys,

I normally live in Dubai and hang out there but have sorted a trip to Manila. Arrive tomorrow evening (tues 8) and stay at the Dusit Thani.

I would be happy to be a wingman, or for some tips. Will try our the Makati nightlife tomorrow after a quick kip.

Hope to see some of you.

Anneelke
06-11-10, 13:53
3 hole girls photo friendly.

Hey guys,

I normally live in Dubai and hang out there but have sorted a trip to Manila. Arrive tomorrow evening (tues 8) and stay at the Dusit Thani.

I would be happy to be a wingman, or for some tips. Will try our the Makati nightlife tomorrow after a quick kip.

Hope to see some of you.===============================================

Hi Anneelke,

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Gtrock123
06-16-10, 01:54
Still deciding between Phil or Bangkok. Would be fist time to Phil.

Ramia
06-16-10, 08:02
Still deciding between Phil or Bangkok. Would be fist time to Phil.

If you never been in Philippines, then you should go there. It is paradise in Angeles City - you gonna love this place. PM me when you are heading there. I plan also to go there again in mid Oct or Dec maybe.

Tally Wacker
06-16-10, 16:51
I will be heading to LA Cafe on June 22nd. and if anyone wants to meey up have a beer and scope out the ladies let me know.

I will be staying at Palm Plaza Hotel in Malate and will either walk over or take a taxi.

Bonkers Tokyo
06-21-10, 23:33
Hello, fellow mongers,

I will be traveling to Cebu, Phils in early September. I would love to meet up with someone to show me the ropes. I've never been to Phils before, and I'm sure I will need some help learning the lay of the land.

PM me if you have time and would like to help out a newbie.

Cheers,

Bonkers

Chrispet
06-28-10, 10:25
Plan to arrive second week of August and spend time in Manila and Cebu.

Would appreciate help for a few nights in both places.

Primusduvel
06-29-10, 06:12
Hi there everybody I will be around Manila on the 13th July for some nights, as LAC Cafe is close I would really apreciated some help around, I promise to invite some beers!

Member #3438
06-30-10, 01:22
Hi there everybody I will be around Manila on the 13th July for some nights, as LAC Cafe is close I would really apreciated some help around, I promise to invite some beers!I will also be there around that time. I will get there on July 11th for about 10 nights.

If interested in hanging out that would be cool, I could always use a wingman.

Member #3438
06-30-10, 01:25
I will be traveling to Manila for the first time and looking to have a great time. If anyone will be there from July 11th to 16th PM me and lets talk about possibly teaming up and checking out the hotties together.

Benzedrine
06-30-10, 05:54
Going to be in the country around the 17th. Probably going to ravage Manila/Makati first on Sat night, then make my way up to AC for Sun - Tues then head to Visayas for party / diving. Hit me up by PM if you want to chill.

Primusduvel
07-01-10, 12:22
EDITOR's NOTE: This report was deleted because it consisted solely of an attempt by the author to post his email address in the open forum. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system.

If you are unable to use the Forum's Private Messaging system because you are not a Senior Member, then here's how you can contact other members:

1. Buy a subscription.

2. Send them a Private Message.

http://www.Internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-subscriptions.php?

A forum subscription is less than 40 cents a week. That's less than the price of a newspaper.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jack James
07-04-10, 10:58
Do any members know were you can rent a apartment in subic bay for 2 months. Looking for a 2 room apartment around a 3 or 4 star rating if anyone can help with a website or a good location near or on the beach. Cheers!

Anneelke
07-04-10, 23:04
From my visits there and other expats, a lot of people say Subic Bay but actually stay at Baloy Beach or Barrio Barretto.

You can scroll through this map to get an idea of the area and also some of the apartments, hotels and resorts.

http://wikimapia.org/10975611/Baloy-Beach-Apartments

I have a lady friend who lives in Olongapo if you would like some local help, send me a private message here.

Do any members know were you can rent a apartment in subic bay for 2 months. Looking for a 2 room apartment around a 3 or 4 star rating if anyone can help with a website or a good location near or on the beach. Cheers!

Econo Tech
07-05-10, 02:51
Do any members know were you can rent a apartment in subic bay for 2 months. Looking for a 2 room apartment around a 3 or 4 star rating if anyone can help with a website or a good location near or on the beach. Cheers!Check on the Bluebook - http://www.blue-bookph.com/

There are a lot of realtors listed.

Kk Boi
07-16-10, 09:12
Will be in Manila (2nd time) Sun 9/5 - Wed 9/8, looking for running mates!

Staying in Malate area, please send me a PM if interested

Anneelke
07-21-10, 15:14
Whilst it may be short notice, as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Aussie guy and filipina keen to meet for drinks and see if compatible for some fun.

Message us here with you details and contact cellphone and email and what you are looking for.

We can webcam to prove we are genuine and not a setup or scam, just good clean mutual safe discrete fun.

Regards,

Rob and Joy

PS Also in Subic Bay on Friday until Sunday morning and then just Rob in Cebu from Sunday until Thursday and then as couple again on Friday.

Sol131
07-31-10, 01:06
Howdy Mongers,

In Manila the next couple of weeks, anyone keen on catching up over a beer and some action?

I caught up with a couple of members last time around when I was in Manila and had an absolutely rocking time. Drop me a line if anyone is keen.

Pathologic
07-31-10, 03:24
I fly into NAIA 1630hrs. Can't be bothered with the 2030hrs Fly-the-Bus from the Swagman, and prefer to take a car direct from the airport to AC. PM me if you're interested in sharing the cost.

Tally Wacker
07-31-10, 05:08
Yes I would be glad to meet your wife Joy. Looks like fun! I would be happy to share photos of her sucking my dick with you after. Just send her contact informaton. Peace.

Whilst it may be short notice, as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Aussie guy and filipina keen to meet for drinks and see if compatible for some fun.

Message us here with you details and contact cellphone and email and what you are looking for.

We can webcam to prove we are genuine and not a setup or scam, just good clean mutual safe discrete fun.

Regards,

Rob and Joy

PS Also in Subic Bay on Friday until Sunday morning and then just Rob in Cebu from Sunday until Thursday and then as couple again on Friday.

Red Kilt
08-04-10, 09:51
Just a heads-up for those of you planning to hit Phils in the next day or three.

PAL has been forced to re-organise a lot of flights because of the pilots' strike / walkout, and they are using 747s between Manila and Cebu and compressing 2 or 3 flights into one big plane.

As a consequence, Cebu Pacific is heavily in demand and over-booked, and they are also re-routing schedules and changing flight times etc for many if not all destinations. Make sure they have an up-to-date contact number for you. I have had 3 calls today about changes to flight bookings that I have coming up.

To add to this, Typhoon Domeng is almost upon us (believed to arrive by Friday / Sat). It is forecast to hit the north but so was the last typhoon which actually came through just north of Manila and affected AC too.

Wicked Roger
08-05-10, 07:11
PAL has been forced to re-organise a lot of flights because of the pilots' strike / walkout, and they are using 747s between Manila and Cebu and compressing 2 or 3 flights into one big plane.

As a consequence, Cebu Pacific is heavily in demand and over-booked, and they are also re-routing schedules and changing flight times etc for many if not all destinations. Make sure they have an up-to-date contact number for you. I have had 3 calls today about changes to flight bookings that I have coming up.

To add to this, Typhoon Domeng is almost upon us (believed to arrive by Friday / Sat). It is forecast to hit the north but so was the last typhoon which actually came through just north of Manila and affected AC too.

I was 'lucky' if you can call it, that I just missed this RK...though being stuck in Cebu is very pleasant...but we all have work :(

Having a typhoon is an excellent excuse to stay home, have few filipinas with you to 'protect' you from the storm....but you dont need much excuse RK

Lets hope all this has gone when I get back there next month

See you soon

Lopkx
08-12-10, 23:55
I just paid about $690 for round trip from Honolulu to manila on Philippine Airlines direct flight. They are having a sell for those looking for deals. Also from LA or San Francisco it was around $800 direct flight.

Some may not live on the west coast as I don't. So I used my miles from the local airlines to get to west coast. Also this route saves you a layover or 2. A lot of the airlines like Delta will make a million stops, first Detroit, then Japan, then manila and then early 6AM flight back home. Yikes! The return on Philippine Airlines is around 3PM in the afternoon. I hope this help some of you.

Blackangst
08-13-10, 19:13
I just paid about $690 for round trip from Honolulu to manila on Philippine Airlines direct flight. They are having a sell for those looking for deals. Also from LA or San Francisco it was around $800 direct flight.

Some may not live on the west coast as I don't. So I used my miles from the local airlines to get to west coast. Also this route saves you a layover or 2. A lot of the airlines like Delta will make a million stops, first Detroit, then Japan, then manila and then early 6AM flight back home. Yikes! The return on Philippine Airlines is around 3PM in the afternoon. I hope this help some of you.

Might want to keep an eye on your flight status...theres been some shuffling of flights due to PAL's strike....

Bonker04
08-13-10, 20:51
Might want to keep an eye on your flight status...theres been some shuffling of flights due to PAL's strike....

Thanks for the heads-up Blackangst! Do you have any idea when PAL is due to strike? I have a number of flights booked with them starting 25th August from BKK to MNL and internally to CGY and CEB and then MNL to BKK in early September.

Can't seem to get any info on their strike from other sources!

The PAL website says and I quote:

''The management of Philippine Airlines (PAL) today (12 August 2010) said it is assuring the riding public that there will be no immediate strike from its ground and cabin crew unions''.

Thanks

B04

Econo Tech
08-14-10, 08:47
might want to keep an eye on your flight status...theres been some shuffling of flights due to pal's strike....it is more of disappearing pilots. more aircraft than pilots. it is the pilots that have gone aog now rather than a strike (the strike was short circuited i hear from the airline grapevine.

Lopkx
08-16-10, 01:57
Might want to keep an eye on your flight status...theres been some shuffling of flights due to PAL's strike....I am hoping it is over before I fly in September.

Kasbar786
08-18-10, 16:45
I will be traveling to Manila and looking to have a great time. If anyone will be there on the above dates PM me and lets talk about possibly teaming up and checking out the hotties together.

BurnMax2007
08-25-10, 02:27
I am in Manila now and will be here until August 31, maybe longer. Let me know if someone wants to get together for a drink.

Bob Bowie
08-28-10, 09:55
I will be in the PI from about the second week of Sept to the first wee of Oct. No majors plans yet, but plan to stay in Manila and Davo. May hit Cebu also if I have time.
Could use a wing man sometimes.

Snapper85
08-29-10, 04:32
Its my first time here.

I'll be here until the 31st.

Where are you going to be Sunday and Monday nights?

Radoboy
09-02-10, 03:38
Hi Guys,

On only my second trip to PI yet have been to Asia lots.

Looking for a beer budy in Cebu 19th. 27 and Maybe Manila 28/29. Actually I'm not a heavy drinker. And like occasional fine dining.

I have some contacts which may prove useful.

Hotel isn't booked yet. But I will take one of the usuals.

Radoboy

PM me please

Wicked Roger
09-02-10, 04:52
Hi Guys,

Looking for a beer budy in Cebu 19th. 27 and Maybe Manila 28/29. Actually I'm not a heavy drinker. And like occasional fine dining.

Radoboy

PM me please

See you PM RB...think this time our paths cross as am there same time

Red Kilt
09-02-10, 10:59
Hi Guys,

Radoboy

PM me please

RB - thanks for the PM.

I hope to be there to overlap with WR when he is there. I have some unfinished business with one of his "peachy" friends (just one hehe) so try to hook up with him and I will join too if I can (3 Aussies might be too much for Cebu at any one time, even if WR sounds like a Pom)

Wicked Roger
09-02-10, 14:18
RB - thanks for the PM.

I hope to be there to overlap with WR when he is there. I have some unfinished business with one of his "peachy" friends (just one hehe) so try to hook up with him and I will join too if I can (3 Aussies might be too much for Cebu at any one time, even if WR sounds like a Pom)

Maybe we can all sample the peach at the same time..she is keen to be educated , just been speaking with RB as well. Same hotel as well :D And peach ass has been chosing sex toys ...... well I give girls a choice :D

And I sound Pom to Aussies and an Aussie to Poms but am a Pom for rugby and cricket :)

See you both soon

Hope there is now more issues with CPac overbooking due to PAL losing pilots

Kk Boi
09-04-10, 06:40
Hi all, I will be in Manila from Sunday to Wednesday.

Would love to have a beer buddy, please send me a pm if interested

Redman69
09-07-10, 20:55
WR, I expect to meet you. Maybe the peachy thing will be in town.

I am at the Parklane.

But, from the US and not Assuie land. Also in A/A so I can be the designated driver if need be.

Hope to meet more good guys when there.

Bob Bowie
09-08-10, 09:19
I am back in Manila for a few nights before heading south to explore the other cities. Also looking for a Happy Massage in the Manila/Malate area while I wait for my lady friends to produce.

Jackzonian
09-09-10, 20:00
Yeah, I know it's early to announce, but I just booked my tickets and I'm all juiced up! Forgive me. Cathay has some decent pricing out of LAX so I jumped on it -- travel only through November though, so I changed my plan from Xmas to Thanksgiving. From $1011 to about $1120 based on your actual dates. The true price is about $800 with Uncle Jack-U tax of more than $200.00

I know -- RTFF -- but I'll take any advice about budget hotels in Makati and I was thinking of one Road Trip to Cebu island for gold etc. I only visited once a few years back -- stayed at City Garden Hotel in Makati for the few nights I was there. A little more than I needed to spend, I figure, but it was clean and tidy and worth the money. A little over $100 per night. Can you get similar clean for $60 to $75...?

I don't know much about the P.I. so I will...
...go read the FForum.
jack

Jackzonian
09-09-10, 20:02
I meant to write, go to Cebu for "Golf" not "gold."

What about snorkeling? I'll take any guidance here.

Thanks again.

J

Code
09-20-10, 10:47
Hi all, I will be in Manila from Wednesday. New to Ph but very experienced from Brazil and Colombia.

Would love to have a beer buddy, please send me a pm if interested. Also going to Cebu and what not eventually.

Radical Guy
09-20-10, 20:49
Maybe one of you guys would like to have a beer or something. I'll be at the Marco Polo. PM me.

LoveVegas
09-23-10, 23:43
Who's in AC week of the 5th to the 14th.

Donbernardo
09-24-10, 22:59
Hi guys,

Just reporting I will be in Cebu from the 4th of oct and forward. Anyone fancy a beer, on my tap ofcourse since I would like some advice.

DB.

LoveVegas
10-15-10, 02:24
Ac nov 5th to the 14 whos in town. With subic in the middle.

Mongrinastrlnd
10-16-10, 01:50
I'm going to be in Tacloban/Cebu from Dec 23-Jan 1, not sure exactly how I'm going to split up the time between the two yet.

GermanBoy 2
10-17-10, 19:35
Hey folks,

I will arrive in Manila Nov. 4. Will stay there some days, then travelling a bit arround. Cebu. CDO, Boracay, Palawan. Will meet some Dia-Girls (hopefully) but have no concrete plans. If one is nice, she can come with me. Otherwise I am fine at the beach with my book as well. Mongering: yes, but maybe in a slow way. Will see what happens. Its my second time in PI after 2007.

So if anybody is interested in a beer. PM me.

Warning: In May my Chinese girlfriend left me and I am not over it. Its a romeo and juliet story, maybe I will tell you about (too much beer). It will make you cry.

Khun Larry
10-28-10, 04:51
Nov 4 is a big arrival day. Got a 21 day ticket coming from Pattaya.

Planning 1 night in Manila LA Cafe, heard it had a name change.

Nov 6 - 13 Cebu. A week in Cebu, couple days in the city to meet a few DIA ladies, a few beers at Our Place then north to Baqntayan Island.

Nov 13 - 19 Next week Davao no firm plans, first time to Davao

Nov 19 - 24 Back to Cebu, maybe a dive in moalboal and hopefully the DIA lady works out.

all PMs for these dates welcome

Life is good!

Gallantnitez
11-01-10, 11:50
Will be arriving Nov 6th (first time to PI). Don't know why I announce it since I won't be stopping for beers or mongering in Manila. Straight on to Angeles. And a girl waiting for me.

Panglossian2
11-12-10, 06:17
Just got to Angeles, here for 12th Friday & 13th Sat November. Flt out on Sunday - anyone else here? I am at the Louis Grand Hotel. Brit lived in Asia for last 20 years.

Edik Rough
11-15-10, 01:49
Hi,

I will be in Philippines Nov 21. Dec 11. No firm plans where, but I will probably hit Manila, Angeles City, Boracay, Cebu. Maybe Puerto Galera. Let me know if you want to get in touch.

Thanks

Tilleul1
11-30-10, 17:06
I will be in Cebu for the first time dec 6-11 dec ; someone for sharing a beer?

Mc Don
12-01-10, 16:49
Manila 9th - 14th with maybe 12-13th AC. I haven't yet decided, I guess I will make up my mind once I get there.

Suave Monger
12-02-10, 02:31
I'll be there. Third time. PM me for a beer at MS.

Mayntain
12-05-10, 17:21
With the conflict between North and South Korea I wonder will it eventually effect travel to Ichoen airport?? Because Asiana Air is my new Fave airline!!

Sky Ryder
12-12-10, 20:16
Will be in Sabang / Galera 15-18 if anyone is in the area!

Cool Traveler
12-21-10, 19:28
Will be in Manila New Years day. Anyone organizing anything, beer? Etc.

DriveAllNight
12-22-10, 05:31
My fellow degenerates-

First week of January: Manila.

Second week: Sabang.

Third week: AC / Subic.

Already have a wingman for Sabang and AC / Subic, but anyone else wishing to join the fray is welcome. I think it was the Pope who said,"No such thing as too many perverts in one place," right?

Fistmaster
01-04-11, 15:57
I will be in Cebu beginning of February 7-11.

Towelboy2010
01-06-11, 03:27
I had plans to visit Boracay that look like they won't materialize. I have 2 RT tickets from Manila to Boracay from Feb 8 & return Feb 12. Will sell cheap. PM me if interested.

Sky Ryder
01-08-11, 06:53
I realized too late that I had posted this on the AC board. I am in AC now if anyone would like to get together for a beer or three. PM's work!

Wjmpsr
01-10-11, 04:53
My GF and I are interested in bi girls. She is also interested in well hung men.

Any recommendations?

Mongrinastrlnd
01-11-11, 12:13
Have another trip upcoming, mostly in Tacloban (again) but will be in Cebu from 11-13 Feb most likely.

Gaoshou
01-17-11, 08:04
I am a long-time contributor to the Beijing board. I will be in Angeles City from for the lunar New Year. Jan 28. Feb 4. Reply on the board or, better yet, send me a PM if you want to meet up.

SJB43
01-20-11, 22:04
I will be traveling to Manila and Cebu in Feb and was wondering if anyone from here will be there the same time. I would be happy to buy some beers if anyone is interested in meeting up.

My travel dates are:

Manila Feb 9 until Feb 12.

Cebu Feb 12 until Feb 21.

Manila Feb 21 until Feb 23.

Regards,

Stephen

Steve Dubai
01-21-11, 11:16
I will be in Makati again on the 31st January for a couple of weeks.

If anyone needs a wingman or a beer or two just drop me a PM.

Steve

Sinning Desi
01-27-11, 12:55
I'll be in Makati area on Feb 1 and 2. Great to have a wingman, and someone to go to areas away from P. Burgos. I have yet to hit MBC, EDA Ent complex. Have been to Q. City KTV once. Local knowledge welcome. Will buy a round of beers to takers.

Don Roberts
01-28-11, 19:46
I will arrive in Cebu next week for a month or so- I hope to visit several of my favorite bars after I recover from jetlag. I'll try to pay up my dues for this board before I leave so I can send & receive PM's.

Regards to all

Sinning Desi
01-29-11, 08:51
As a follow-up to the last posting, my PM is up and running, so if anyone is up for going out either night, you can PM me.

Shipwreck
01-31-11, 20:04
Hey gang I've been a long time fan of this site and love reading your reports. I've done my report on Quito Ecuador and decided to take the plunge to Angeles City. I'm looking forward to add my report to this board. Since it would be my first trip there it would be great to hang with someone who knows the area for a few drinks. Pm me if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Shipwreck

MH9001
02-01-11, 07:47
Hi guys, Have enjoyed reading your reports over the past few months. Will be in AC for a week Feb 10 to 16. Would welcome some company on bar- hops. Please pm me shoud anyone be interested, first round (s) on me.

Am particularly interested in visiting some of the Parimeter bars, as I have always stuck to Fields Av on my previous two trips.

Fast Eddie 48
02-04-11, 00:38
Cebu Pacific will add about 20 more flight a week from China to Pi mostly to manila and clark from Hong kong, guangzhou and Macau, there will be a direct flight soon to Shanghai and Bejing.

Fast Eddie 48