PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Admin
01-01-06, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Porty
02-19-06, 15:22
Thread Starter.
Arrive in Cebu 18th march ! staying in Lapu Lapu !
Have 3 days free till the 21st March ! to have drinks or chats and share information !
After that will have to be by appointments Ha Ha ! Use work as excuse to get away ! As i have a new wine product to do tastings in cebu with Bollo Bolton and Niko !
Unavailble week 7th to 13th April ( Getting Married)

Leave on the 16th of April cebu.

This is my time table send pm if any one wants to catch up exchange cell numbers !
Salamat

Cebu Local
02-20-06, 00:10
Porty
Yes Bolle is running that new bar/Beauty salon.Re Honeymoon,This people run Camiguin holidays.But talking to the Provincial Tourism officer the best resorts seem to be Camiguin Highlands and Paras Beach Resort.you can contact Cleofe Guibone or Christina Chan at 63-917-7222247 or landline 032-2339688.tell them your Cebu Travel agent friend reccomended them.Paras Beach resort tel no 088-387-9008 Provincial Tourism office No is 088-387-1097.Cheers

Firedick
02-20-06, 11:09
You're a nice guy CL. Generous with the contact info.

I should be back in the RP in a couple weeks. Mostly for pleasure. Hook up for drink ?

Anyone else ?

Travel details to follow. Should include: Manila, Puerto Galera, AC and Cebu, plus side trips further afield.

FD

Cebu Local
02-20-06, 11:26
You're a nice guy CL. Generous with the contact info.

I should be back in the RP in a couple weeks. Mostly for pleasure. Hook up for drink ?

Anyone else ?

Travel details to follow. Should include: Manila, Puerto Galera, AC and Cebu, plus side trips further afield.

FDSure,I am going to be spending a lot of time in Manila in the next few months.PM me and I can work out a deal with the resorts in Cebu,Puerto Galera for you If you want.I own a restaurant behind where you used to live in Makati,I,can spring for Dinner also when you get in. Cheers

Firedick
02-21-06, 00:21
CL,

Sounds good. I may indeed accept your help with the resorts. Thanks also for the dinner offer. But only if you'll allow me to reciprocate.

Anything new with our mutual ladyfriend from Atlantis ? Don't worry, just curious. I'm aware that she's way out of my league. Pass along a "Hello" if convenient and appropriate.

I'll PM with details when available, and with a cell number once in country.

Thank you,

FD

Porty
02-21-06, 03:31
Porty
Yes Bolle is running that new bar/Beauty salon.Re Honeymoon,This people run Camiguin holidays.But talking to the Provincial Tourism officer the best resorts seem to be Camiguin Highlands and Paras Beach Resort.you can contact Cleofe Guibone or Christina Chan at 63-917-7222247 or landline 032-2339688.tell them your Cebu Travel agent friend reccomended them.Paras Beach resort tel no 088-387-9008 Provincial Tourism office No is 088-387-1097.Cheers

Just finished talking to Niko. bollo has been asking about how i am, from niko.
So thanks i will be catching up with him, as now i am doing wine tastings while i am in cebu also with Darios at his wine place in mandaue.
New product realise from australia wine in a can !! YEs a CAN. lastest realease and patent in world.
Thanks for the information on the resorts but my fiancee has informed me that never been on plane and is so scared> so it looks like ferry to bohol ! Sad but still ok as she has relitives ther so can combine both honeymoon and visit to family. Thanks for all the inforamtion.

Cebu Local
02-21-06, 13:28
CL,

Sounds good. I may indeed accept your help with the resorts. Thanks also for the dinner offer. But only if you'll allow me to reciprocate.

Anything new with our mutual ladyfriend from Atlantis ? Don't worry, just curious. I'm aware that she's way out of my league. Pass along a "Hello" if convenient and appropriate.

I'll PM with details when available, and with a cell number once in country.

Thank you,

FD
Our Lady friend is now with a Fellow from a wealthy PI family,She is a housewife with one child,The guy s Grandfather was a former Vice President of the Philippines.The current person who replaced her is a plain looking dyke.But I will show a picture of the MTV VJ I did last year when we hook up cheers CL

Ilongo_boy
02-21-06, 16:42
HI CL,

Any updates on places and rates in Boracay?

Thanks,
IB

Cebu Local
02-21-06, 22:51
HI CL,

Any updates on places and rates in Boracay?

Thanks,
IBWill advice you by PM tommorow,April 21-24 Right??

Cebu Local
02-21-06, 22:54
Just finished talking to Niko. bollo has been asking about how i am, from niko.
So thanks i will be catching up with him, as now i am doing wine tastings while i am in cebu also with Darios at his wine place in mandaue.
New product realise from australia wine in a can !! YEs a CAN. lastest realease and patent in world.
Thanks for the information on the resorts but my fiancee has informed me that never been on plane and is so scared> so it looks like ferry to bohol ! Sad but still ok as she has relitives ther so can combine both honeymoon and visit to family. Thanks for all the inforamtion.Thats a pity,So how can she visit Australia???Unless thats a great way to keep her in Cebu,Btw There is a direct ferry from Cebu to Camiguin.Just in case you want to escape her relatives and there is a ferry from Bohol to Camiguin also.Cheers

X Man
02-22-06, 00:59
Ferry to Camaguin? Now that's interesting. How long does it take? What about ferry service to CDO or other north Mindanao destinations. I don't want to waste too much time on a boat, but if the trip is overnight it might be worthwhile.

X

Ilongo_boy
02-22-06, 19:24
Will advice you by PM tommorow,April 21-24 Right??

Actually, 20-24 making it 4 nites, 2 rooms and 2 people in each room. I may need your help in hooking up my friend for this trip. We may not have enough time between work and other stuff to find him a willing and kinky companion for Boracay. Let me know if you have someone in mind.

As for me, my 19 year old friend is turning 20 that weekend...ad it will be hre first time in Boracay.

Thanks again fro all your help, let me buy you dinner and you can meet my buddy when we get in town.

IB

Harvey WB
02-23-06, 00:45
Go to http://www.superferry.com.ph/index.asp for more info, but a superferry from MNL to CDO is about 35 hours. You would then catch a local ferry to Camiguin. There's a lot of stuff on their website to inform you of what's available, cost, etc..

Lomion
02-23-06, 02:37
Have 4 month unintentional vacation coming up and will prob go to Boracay from Mid April to Early August. Not trying to pay crazy resort rates though .... looking at keeping this entire 4 months under US$8K (lodging / food / drinking / diving / women).

Anybody know any contacts or sugestions in the area for getting a furnished pad on (or near) the beach in a location close to some nightlife and diving. A live in local girl would be great also.

I can do multiple bedrooms also if anybody wants to join me for part of the time / needs a place to crash for a bit. Its cheaper to spread the rent and as I am traveling by myself, always enjoyable to find somebody to start the night off with drinking / bullshitting / speaking english before picking up the locals.

As for why Boracay .. no reason other than I want to get some diving in and I have been told there is a PADI course here as I need to get certified. Trying to avoid Malaysia at the moment (cartoon issues) and have already did the Thailand circuit. I am open for other travel suggestions.

Cebu Local
02-23-06, 13:19
Have 4 month unintentional vacation coming up and will prob go to Boracay from Mid April to Early August. Not trying to pay crazy resort rates though .... looking at keeping this entire 4 months under US$8K (lodging / food / drinking / diving / women).

Anybody know any contacts or sugestions in the area for getting a furnished pad on (or near) the beach in a location close to some nightlife and diving. A live in local girl would be great also.

I can do multiple bedrooms also if anybody wants to join me for part of the time / needs a place to crash for a bit. Its cheaper to spread the rent and as I am traveling by myself, always enjoyable to find somebody to start the night off with drinking / bullshitting / speaking english before picking up the locals.

As for why Boracay .. no reason other than I want to get some diving in and I have been told there is a PADI course here as I need to get certified. Trying to avoid Malaysia at the moment (cartoon issues) and have already did the Thailand circuit. I am open for other travel suggestions.Sand Castles has fully furnished apartments for rent for long term lease The place is owned by an Aussie,Greg Hutchinson 632-823-2725 or mobile 63-917-8193049 www.tribaladventures.com.

GoodEnough
02-23-06, 13:30

As for why Boracay .. no reason other than I want to get some diving in and I have been told there is a PADI course here as I need to get certified. Trying to avoid Malaysia at the moment (cartoon issues) and have already did the Thailand circuit. I am open for other travel suggestions.

Cannot help you with Boracay, but if you're interested in looking at Davao I can help with both the PADI certification course and the apartment.
GE

X Man
02-24-06, 08:23
GE, I was thinking about getting dive cert myself. Is it Henny doing that in Davao? I seem to remember you telling me he was a master diver. How much and how long does it take?

X

GoodEnough
02-24-06, 11:53
GE, I was thinking about getting dive cert myself. Is it Henny doing that in Davao? I seem to remember you telling me he was a master diver. How much and how long does it take?

X
There are several dive shops and instructors here, but Henny is without question the best and the most highly-qualified. He only takes one pupil at a time, and his charge is PhP14,000 including the rental of the equipment and the tanks. It typically takes 4 days if you're going for your first certification. This typically includes 2 days in a pool and 2 in the ocean.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you Henny's email address. You can then contact him directly to make the arrangements. Once you're certified, you're welcome to join us. There's a group of us that goes out almost every Saturday and we have a great time.

GE

Auz Guy
02-24-06, 13:20
Anyone plan on being at LA Cafe on 31st March ? If so i am more than happy to have a beer for more with fellow members and or their associate.

Let me know.

Firedick
02-25-06, 02:00
14,000 p is a very fair price. About what I paid more than ten years ago. The RP is a great place to get certified. Nice warm water for "check out/training" dives plus nice scenery even while learning, and hard to beat the "top side" venue.

Sounds like you're in good hands with GE.

FD

Johan007
02-25-06, 15:21
Guys,

I think everybody with an intrest in traveling to the Filipinas has seen the news lately. I have seen some sh*t on tv recently...protestors...militairy...tanks roll in true Manila City...etc..etc...etc..

Whats up with that emercency state?? I mean could things get worse for forreigners?? Should I back off from my trip next month to see my GF? The ticket is allready booked and paid for....

Anybody got more info about this?

happy mongering

Johan

GoodEnough
02-25-06, 16:13
Johann:

No worries at all. The army stayed in its barracks, and a few thousand people hit the streets protesting against the government. There's nothing out of the ordinary here. Foreigners are in no greater danger than usual, and the PI is still the PI.

:D

GE

Cebu Local
02-25-06, 23:57
Johann:

No worries at all. The army stayed in its barracks, and a few thousand people hit the streets protesting against the government. There's nothing out of the ordinary here. Foreigners are in no greater danger than usual, and the PI is still the PI.

GEIn Cebu,There are not even any soldiers on the streets and NO rallies.I heard that was the same in Davao and AC also.Of course I had some cancellations @#%&&% But thats life,The were some people having their picture taken in the rally in Makati though,Great souvenir pictures

MIA Man
02-26-06, 12:25
Guys,

I think everybody with an intrest in traveling to the Filipinas has seen the news lately. I have seen some sh*t on tv recently...protestors...militairy...tanks roll in true Manila City...etc..etc...etc..

Whats up with that emercency state?? I mean could things get worse for forreigners?? Should I back off from my trip next month to see my GF? The ticket is allready booked and paid for....

happy mongering

JohanI landed at 12:30 pm today, got picked up by the hotel driver and passed through Manila on the way to Angeles. I saw nothing, no idea that anything is going on.

Captain America
03-01-06, 00:18
I'll be in manila during these days. Planning on some LA cafe and maybe some P.Burgos St. Staying on Roxas Blvd. Please PM me if you'd like to hook up.

Frequent Flier
03-01-06, 08:34
Guys,

happy mongering

Johan

I was in Makati about three years ago when there was the real attempted coup by some military officers. Even that one was really less then played up by the press.

In most cases the protesters are paid to run the streets by the opposing party if you ask me. I have been told this by locals. For 20 pesos they will go protest for you and vote for the way you ask as well, although that would be hard to prove as they could vote for anyone once in side the polls and tell you anything.

One surprising thing, or at least to me it was surprising, is during this attempted military coup by the some renegade officers in the military I was in the P. Burgos bars on most the nights. They never closed of course. Most of the girls did not approve of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and hoped she would resign. I thought she would have had more support from the ladies

FF

Xtorted Decay
03-01-06, 08:57
Hey guys, newb here, this is my first post, though I've been trolling a while. I'm going to be in Manilla for a couple weeks in May and I've got a question regarding the hotels.

I was considering staying at the best western in Makati, but I've seen people mention elsewhere that you can get rooms much cheaper in Manilla if you don't book in advance through an online agency. Is there any truth to this?

I'd like to spend anywhere from 30-50 per night, obviously the less the better, but I'd also like to have a somewhat nice place. CL gave me some recommendations, but I didn't ask about the whole walkin thing.

Anyway, this will be my first trip out of the USA, so I'm excited. I'm going with a friend who is from the area, so to stay near where he's at I need to find a place in Makati or Quezon city. If a walk-in rate is really that much better, I could stay with his family for a night or so until I find a place that suites me.

I'll also be in Boracay for a few days if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be in Manilla the second and third week of May, but I don't know exactly which days we'll be in Boracay.

Take it easy

Razzor
03-02-06, 15:48
Hey guys, newb here, this is my first post, though I've been trolling a while. I'm going to be in Manilla for a couple weeks in May and I've got a question regarding the hotels.

I was considering staying at the best western in Makati, but I've seen people mention elsewhere that you can get rooms much cheaper in Manilla if you don't book in advance through an online agency. Is there any truth to this?

I'd like to spend anywhere from 30-50 per night, obviously the less the better, but I'd also like to have a somewhat nice place. CL gave me some recommendations, but I didn't ask about the whole walkin thing.

Anyway, this will be my first trip out of the USA, so I'm excited. I'm going with a friend who is from the area, so to stay near where he's at I need to find a place in Makati or Quezon city. If a walk-in rate is really that much better, I could stay with his family for a night or so until I find a place that suites me.

I'll also be in Boracay for a few days if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be in Manilla the second and third week of May, but I don't know exactly which days we'll be in Boracay.

Take it easy

Xtorted Decay,
I will suggest you stay at the Cherry Blossom in Ermita. I've stayed there more than 15 times in the past 4 years. It is a decent place, next to Robinson's Mall (1 min walk), 5 min walk to the LA Cafe and in general just a good location.
The price has been php1,250 if you make reservation in advance. They will answer your email and confirm. I've never had a problem with a lost reservation or anything. You also get a breakfast for 2 every morning, but you have to go down to get it before 0930. They also call your room when the ladies leave without you to make sure you didn't get rolled too. The rooms have all been redone in the last year and they added 2 more floors a year ago. This place is not a pure monger hotel, they have conferences and other events going on. I was there once when they had a PI Educator's conference.
The email is: blossoms@i-manila.com

Forgot to also say, they haven't had Internet so far, but it's coming. I normally get a dial up card at 7-11 and use the phone in the room. It cost php10 per call, even if it's 2 hours or more.

Don't worry you will like the place it’s not a dump, location is everything and at php1250 a night you can't beat it.

Have a wonderful trip.

RaZZoR

Cebu Local
03-03-06, 16:15

Take it easyHi Send me A PM,If you want to really stay at the Best Western,Their Sales Manager used to work for me and I can get you a rate of about 1,300 pesos or about 25$.Cheers and Best Regards

Xtorted Decay
03-03-06, 17:46
Your inbox is full, so I'll post here.

I'm not dead set on the best western, so far I'm hearing mixed things, though it sounds like its still pretty nice if they give you a good room. I just don't want to get ripped off and have the place booked for my whole stay already.

Once its closer to the date I will let you know for sure where I'm going to stay.

Thanks for all your help!

PS, if you can get me one of their good rooms for 25/night I will probably stay there. If that works out I'd be willing to buy you a drink if you're in the area :)

Hi Send me A PM,If you want to really stay at the Best Western,Their Sales Manager used to work for me and I can get you a rate of about 1,300 pesos or about 25$.Cheers and Best Regards

Cebu Local
03-04-06, 00:48
Your inbox is full, so I'll post here.

I'm not dead set on the best western, so far I'm hearing mixed things, though it sounds like its still pretty nice if they give you a good room. I just don't want to get ripped off and have the place booked for my whole stay already.

Once its closer to the date I will let you know for sure where I'm going to stay.

Thanks for all your help!

PS, if you can get me one of their good rooms for 25/night I will probably stay there. If that works out I'd be willing to buy you a drink if you're in the area :)
My Inbox is now Free,Sorry I handle about 10-15 requests fror Travel advice daily.Yes they have crappy rooms and nice remodeled rooms,It is a 5 minute walk away from Burgos or about 2 kiddy blocks.Yes I can get you that rate at a remodeled room,If you want another nice option,The Oxford right on Burgos,One of my staff also used to work there,same rate about 25$.Cheers and waiting for your PM

Satsuma Plum
03-09-06, 04:33
Planning to be in Manila in July to have my teeth fixed!

Should be about a 10 day stay.

Would it be too much to ask of you seasoned mongers to suggest some 'must do's' for my first visit?

Also, anyone recommend a good dentist?

Thanks.

Firedick
03-09-06, 07:18
"Must do's" in Manila. Uhhh.... girls would be my first choice.

Also (at the risk of sounding way too glib) Bangkok is a much better choice for dental work. I can recommend a place there.

FD

Satsuma Plum
03-09-06, 07:42
FD,

Thai teeth better than Manila? - how come.

I assumed Manila would be better than Bangkok because most Flips speak English - a pre-requisite for anyone sticking a drill in my mouth.

Re: girls - I plan to f**k as much as my dentist allows - just looking for a newbies guide i.e. best part of town, is walking better than cabs, best bars etc.

Appreciate your (and anyone elses) thoughts on the matter.

Thanks - Plum

Dinghy
03-09-06, 18:38
Pattaya is OK too

WhosWho
03-09-06, 21:37
Hi guys,

Heading to Boracay for the first week in May. Would be grateful if some of you could recommend some hotels.

Whats the action like over there. Is it easy to get pick up?

Have a few girls from Yahoo wanting to go there with me but to be honest dont fancy being stuck for a week with the same girl. Would far prefer to sample a few different delights when in Boracay! What are the chances of that over there.......?

Thanks,

WW

Cebu Local
03-10-06, 00:37
FD,

Thai teeth better than Manila? - how come.

I assumed Manila would be better than Bangkok because most Flips speak English - a pre-requisite for anyone sticking a drill in my mouth.

Re: girls - I plan to f**k as much as my dentist allows - just looking for a newbies guide i.e. best part of town, is walking better than cabs, best bars etc.

Appreciate your (and anyone elses) thoughts on the matter.

Thanks - Plum
True the Philippines has good dentists,Unfortunately the best ones are NOT in the Philippines,They are working overseas and only those who cannot work abroad are around,The loss rate is about 30% yearly out of each graduating class.But you maybe lucky to find one who stayed behind,

Cebu Local
03-11-06, 10:27
Guys I would like to apologize If my mailbox is frequently full But I am processing 10-15 requests for travel advice and or hotel discounts daily,That is why I am frequently delayed in my replies.I can give you hotels at the Travel agent rate mostly in Cebu and Makati,Manila only But can give advice on the Philippines,SE Asia and China.I dont earn a dime on these since I do the bookings at cost basis or Travel agent rate or at my cost.Hope this clarifies delays and Mailbox being frequently full.

Euaue
03-12-06, 01:41
Any help would be appreciated as I am planning a trip to the RP in April arriving on a Monday nite late and leaving the following Sunday morning and would be interested in hotels near the action areas of Manila and Makati as I want to experience everything from FLs of the malls, to the LA Cafe. as well as take in a fishbowl location. I have visited the Philippines two years ago on a business trip but this one is strictly for mongering. I have read all the reports on this site for the past year and have thought about switching hotels throughout my week to experience the different areas and have some funds as not to have to take the cheapest accomodations. Thanks for any advice.

Dood53
03-12-06, 20:19
Hi guys,

Heading to Boracay for the first week in May. Would be grateful if some of you could recommend some hotels.

Have a few girls from Yahoo wanting to go there with me but to be honest dont fancy being stuck for a week with the same girl. Would far prefer to sample a few different delights when in Boracay! What are the chances of that over there.......?

Thanks,

WWWould recommend Friday's for a quieter part of the beach... and for being in the middle of things, probably The Regent.

Definitely bring your own gals, not much going on there. I lucked out (not knowing this myself beforehand) and brought two lovelies there from Manila.

Dood 53

WhosWho
03-13-06, 11:36
Would recommend Friday's for a quieter part of the beach... and for being in the middle of things, probably The Regent.

Definitely bring your own gals, not much going on there. I lucked out (not knowing this myself beforehand) and brought two lovelies there from Manila.

Dood 53

Thanks Dood for ur suggestion.

Where did you pick up ur girls before u brought them to Boracay?

Are Fridays & the Regent gf friendly?

See ya,
WW

Dood53
03-13-06, 13:13
Thanks Dood for ur suggestion.

Where did you pick up ur girls before u brought them to Boracay?

Are Fridays & the Regent gf friendly?

See ya,

WWWW,

The girls originally came from Edsa a long time ago, but now I just call them when I'm coming to town- no bar fine that way. If I remember correctly Manila to Caticlan r/t air fare on SEAIR is about $90 pp in Friday's package. Friday's has a booking office in Salcedo Village in Makati- makes it very easy. Can't speak for the Regent being girl friendly, but I imagine it is. Friday's= no problem whatsoever. At Friday's your comings and goings are fairly private because you have your own villa and entrance.

PM me if you want specifics.

You'll enjoy Boracay- we're going back January 07, (and Cebu is our next destination in early June 06- our first time there).

Dood53

Lobo220
03-14-06, 16:40
Does anyone have any info on Laguna? I am looking for a place not too far from Manila to take my honey for a day or two.

FireWalker
03-15-06, 23:48
Hi guys,

Thanks,

WWI was there with a girl from Cebu for 4 days in November. Stayed at Dave's Strawhat and and enjoyed it. The rooms were nice and girlfriendly and off the beaten track.

From what I saw, not much action. You may try the waitresses, though at the dance club near Station 1. A little noisy, though, to talk to them.

If you can change plans, I think a week there is too long.

Don't spend a lot on rooms!

Listen to the other guys and BYOB.

Adam Jacob
04-12-06, 23:09

As for why Boracay .. no reason other than I want to get some diving in and I have been told there is a PADI course here as I need to get certified. Trying to avoid Malaysia at the moment (cartoon issues) and have already did the Thailand circuit. I am open for other travel suggestions.Thats the quite season, and Monsoon/Rainy period?

Nipster
04-14-06, 17:38
Hey guys I am new to the PI's section but have been a member for 3 yrs or so, mainly in the Costa Rica forum.

Am planning a trip in October and am meeting a girl in Cebu and I could use some suggestions on where to go for a great relaxing beach vacation for a week or two. Don't need the Hilton etc but someplace nice and friendly that isn't overrunwith tourists or negativity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nipster

X Man
04-15-06, 11:20
I'd say take the 90 min boat ride to Bohol island. Alona Beach on Panglao is really nice.

I would give you more information, but 3yrs and only 18 posts sounds like you haven't been "sharing".

X

Nipster
04-17-06, 22:41
X-MAN,

Thanks for the info; I appreciate it.

As far as "sharing" I admit that most of my "sharing" has been done on
************** as I have made a lot of friends there from my many trips to CR.

In fact there is an X-MAN there. Is that you by chance.

Nipster

Hi Nipster,

As the author of your own reports, there's no reason why you can't re-post the same information on the ISG site also.

Thanks,

Jackson

X Man
04-18-06, 09:35
I've never been to Costa Rica.

X

FireWalker
04-24-06, 22:52
I am going to be in Angeles, Manila, Cebu and CDO next month, if anyone wants to meet up for a beer and skirtchasing. I'll be on Eva flight arriving in Manila on May 9th, if anyone wants to share a cab to Angeles City.

Buko Max
05-02-06, 19:54
Hello Gentlemen,

Will be in AC starting this Sunday for 3 days.
If anyone would like to meet up for some camaraderie, PM me.
Looks like I'll have just missed you by a day Firewalker.
Oh and the cigars are on me!

FireWalker
05-02-06, 23:04
If you can't stay until my arrival, at least do something for me, will ya? Find the nastiest slutty 18 year old, fuck the shit out of her and tell her to wait by the pool at Kokomo's with one of your cigars waiting for me. A beer would be nice as well.

Mayntain
05-07-06, 02:32
I purchased a couple of TSA LOCKS and I wanted to know if they are acceptable overseas or just the U.S.A?

Cebu Local
05-13-06, 09:53
I purchased a couple of TSA LOCKS and I wanted to know if they are acceptable overseas or just the U.S.A?
In case your bag shows a red flag, at x-ray.It will be forced open by Security.Your confirmation no and details of your stay are in a PM to you along with the contact person at the hotel Cheers

Fast Eddie 48
05-14-06, 01:38

to maytain

I have a tsa lock on my luggage last on to asia on cathay pacific , It was open in san francisco by US custom they break the lock us customs check
baggage , They have a sticker on my bag when I get to hong kong and cathay pacific reimburished me 500 hkd for the damage .

fast eddie 48

Mayntain
05-14-06, 07:09
I thought airport security has a special key for TSA locks, so they dont have to cut them open?

Prov1
05-15-06, 01:41
I thought airport security has a special key for TSA locks, so they dont have to cut them open?

I just bought new luggage last month that had the TSA lock. I know they opened it in SFO because they left a form letter in the luggage but they must have had a key for it since it was not broken.

I also locked it leaving Manila and again I had no problem with them breaking it.

Devil Doc
05-17-06, 03:16
I have a question, Is there a shuttle from the international terminal and the domestic terminal?

During my last visit I met a person that had taken a shuttle bus. If there is one , where do you get on it?

Thank you,

DD

Yella Man
05-18-06, 13:19
Hey guys! What's the best way to get from Manila to Batangas. The Hotel I'm staying in wants to charge me Peso 4500 to run me there. There's gotta be a cheaper way to go.

Yella Man

HenryV
05-18-06, 15:15
The City State Hotel on Mabini Street runs a bus every morning @ 7 am. One way is about 600p.

Hey guys! What's the best way to get from Manila to Batangas. The Hotel I'm staying in wants to charge me Peso 4500 to run me there. There's gotta be a cheaper way to go.

Yella Man

Dashing Don
05-18-06, 17:31
Yella man,

The City State hotel in Ermita (Mabini ?) has bus that leaves every morning at either 11am or noon. Its been a few years since I took it. You buy your ticket in the lobby of the hotel. Can't remember the price but its cheap. Maybe 950 pesos.

Don

Hesekiels
05-18-06, 18:34
The City State Hotel on Mabini Street runs a bus every morning @ 7 am. One way is about 600p.

You can get it even much, much cheaper! Simply take a taxi to 'Pasay bus terminal' (60 peso. Every taxi driver knows it when you tell him 'bus to Batangas') and there one of the south bound buses that depart every 15 minutes (150 pesos to Batangas Pier)! It is a very easy trip in terms of organisation!

Happy trip

Hesekiels

Hesekiels
05-18-06, 18:49
I have a question, Is there a shuttle from the international terminal and the domestic terminal?

During my last visit I met a person that had taken a shuttle bus. If there is one , where do you get on it?

Thank you,

DD

Yes, there is a shuttle bus! However, it is officially only for PAL passengers. Talk to somebody from PAL ground staff and they will guide you to the right place. If you came with another airline a little cootchie-coo and maybe a little tip will do! In nine of ten cases it worked for me!

Happy trip!

Hesekiels

Mahku
05-18-06, 21:16
Cebu Pacific has a shuttle from NAIA Terminal 1 to the Domestic Terminal. I'm not sure if it's free or maybe you have to already have a confirmed reservation on Cebu Pacific to get on for free. Anyway, the counter for Cebu Pacific is just to the right after you get out of immigration and customs.

Dashing Don
05-19-06, 05:24
What a pain in the ass! Calling Guinness at home and getting a busy signal--thats what! Jesus Christ! The phone is always busy. Probably On The Go is ringing, selling his Amway products. Damn! -----Gotta give Guinness a piece of my mind when I see him next week. I told him not to give OTG his home #.

Anyways, I read G's post and it seems that GE and CL will be here, and thats great. GE I met briefly in Davao a couple of years back. Unfortunately, I got hijacked by some of the local gals and ended up in the Philippine Eagle sanctuary and Pearl Farm Resort and couldn't spend time. The Dragon was there also but I missed him but managed to meet Maurice, the bar owner.

**Junior can jump on this if he wants, but the best part of these trips are the guys, not the girls!** The girls we bang anyway, no matter where. But hanging with guys, where every sentence begins with......." I was standing behind a dumpster in a bad part of Katmandu, with my cock hanging out, when..............Well, you know the rest. But its great to hear it firsthand.

I'm not sure if Prov or Guinness or GE or CL or any other of the 'multiple IDs' can add any value to board in the next few weeks, but we'll surely try to entertain.

Don

Cebu Local
05-21-06, 04:06
I'm not sure if Prov or Guinness or GE or CL or any other of the 'multiple IDs' can add any value to board in the next few weeks, but we'll surely try to entertain.

DonI have never met Guiness,Dashing Don,On the Go or Prov 1 etc.So I cannot confirm whether they are the same person,HOWEVER I am aware that for the meeting in Manila,One individual is confirmed and booked in a 5 Star hotel along Ayala,Another One is Staying at a P.Burgos 3 star property confirmed and booked under another real name and A third Individual is staying at another 3 star property with a friend.So unless one guy is paying for 3 different hotel rooms using 3 different passports which is required for guest registration under Philippine law,It is clear that they cannot be the same person.So lets put this issue to rest,What do you think??

GoodEnough
05-21-06, 04:48
Sorry to disappoint you Don, but I only have one ID on this board. I have enough problems with one personality and don't need the hassle of multiple identities.

CL: Sorry not to have seen your smiling face in Davao last week. The DS and I had a good time, and you could have joined us for excellent wine.

GE

GoodEnough
05-21-06, 04:51
Come one, come all. Guinness, Prov1, Dashing Don, Cebu Local and Good Enough will be meeting in Manila (Makati) sometime during the last week of May. CL and I have not finalized the time and place but we will soon. If you are interested, PM me and I'll consider the idea of adding another to the attendees list. During the meeting we plan on solving most of the world's problems (i.e., OTG, HIV, NSU, HPV, etc.). Meeting minutes will be posted so stay tuned!

Guinness
Sorry Guiness, and I mean no offense, but I won't be at the meeting. This is just not my kind of scene, but I hope you and CL and the others have an excellent time.

GE

Dashing Don
05-21-06, 04:57
Throwaway sarcasm, which is all it was, shouldn't beget a response.

Anyway, the multiple ID theory was Junior's theory. Where were you when he was spewing that stuff for months.

Don

GoodEnough
05-21-06, 05:13

Anyway, the multiple ID theory was Junior's theory. Where were you when he was spewing that stuff for months.

Don
I don't know about CL, but I I was here, ignoring the posts, most of which I did not read. That kind of paranoid discussion bores me to death and I really don't care who was right or wrong. This board is, or at least should be about sharing useful information or at the very least, discussing germane topics of interest to a large group of members.

GE

Dashing Don
05-21-06, 08:03
Now I also have to ask GE,

'Where were you when Junior was spewing the multiple ID theory'

If you don't like it, why didn't you say something while it went on?

Don

Dashing Don
05-21-06, 08:37
I, Dashing Don, am a Sex Tourist.

Cebu Local, Good Enough, Xman etc, are expats.

This Sex Tourist Board has been hijacked by the Expats, and the problem is: We're not interested in the same things.

As a sex tourist, I don't give a rats ass about the GDP or GNP of the PI or any other place.
Utility rates and ferry sinking statistics in the PI make my eyes glaze over.
For me, development programs and literacy rates rank lower than last nights pizza, in terms of interest.
Ditto for whether Filipinas make good business partners.

This kind of stuff is what we regularly get from the expats and I can tell you, GE, that I ignore much of what you write. No offense. But I could care less about this stuff.

What I personally like, are good stories, good reports, and insights into the Filipino way, presented in a fun way. Examples: See Golazo and early Wastrel.

I also like a good fight, albeit in less than bare-knuckled fashion. The goal is not to win, but to write as well as you can.

Additionally, lets at least try to be entertaining, whether fighting, reporting, or chit chatting.

What prompted this post? GE's assertion that "we should be discussing topics of germane interest to a large group of members".

I know that ain't my group.

Its about having good sex and fun times. You wouldn't know it by the tone of some of the posters who try to turn sex tourism into a Phd. program.

Don

Cebu Local
05-21-06, 08:46

DonAvoiding fights and dispensing advice,I answer about 10-15 PM s day asking for advice about the Philippines,China,Macau and Malaysia.Usually getting people hotel discounts,doing iteneraries which takes about an hour a day already.For example today,I have answered 4 PI PMS,2 China PM s,1 Malaysian PM and 1 Hong Kong PM.This I think is more helpful Dont you think so??

Cebu Local
05-21-06, 08:51
I don't know about CL, but I I was here, ignoring the posts, most of which I did not read. That kind of paranoid discussion bores me to death and I really don't care who was right or wrong. This board is, or at least should be about sharing useful information or at the very least, discussing germane topics of interest to a large group of members.

GE
For one GE has been generally helpful of people asking for help in Davao and Mindanao.DS,GE etc has just as much right to be here as anybody.This board is for Sex Tourists and Expats.

Cebu Local
05-21-06, 09:06
I, Dashing Don, am a Sex Tourist.

Cebu Local, Good Enough, Xman etc, are expats.

This Sex Tourist Board has been hijacked by the Expats, and the problem is: We're not interested in the same things.

As a sex tourist, I don't give a rats ass about the GDP or GNP of the PI or any other place.
Utility rates and ferry sinking statistics in the PI make my eyes glaze over.
For me, development programs and literacy rates rank lower than last nights pizza, in terms of interest.
Ditto for whether Filipinas make good business partners.

This kind of stuff is what we regularly get from the expats and I can tell you, GE, that I ignore much of what you write. No offense. But I could care less about this stuff.

What I personally like, are good stories, good reports, and insights into the Filipino way, presented in a fun way. Examples: See Golazo and early Wastrel.

I also like a good fight, albeit in less than bare-knuckled fashion. The goal is not to win, but to write as well as you can.

Additionally, lets at least try to be entertaining, whether fighting, reporting, or chit chatting.

What prompted this post? GE's assertion that "we should be discussing topics of germane interest to a large group of members".

I know that ain't my group.

Its about having good sex and fun times. You wouldn't know it by the tone of some of the posters who try to turn sex tourism into a Phd. program.

Don
Actually I am an expat in the Philippines,But when I monger in China,Macau or Malaysia,I am a Sex Tourist.I have exchanged Pms about getting Mobiles of escorts in Malaysia,Have gone BBS crawling with OAH in Guangzhou and Shenzen,Gone MP hopping in Macau with Tiger 1,Doing The KL MP and Beach Club Scene with the help of Roversman and will be doing the village in Shanghai with Asian Gambler and the Shanghai gang this June.All senior members with Thousands of posts,I monger in 5 places regularly.Macau,China,Macau,Malaysia and Thailand.I think my Sex tourist credentials are in order.I am an expat only in the Philippines and Btw You would be surprised about the sundry questions I get,Todays where getting some escort mobiles nos in Penang and Manila,A Travel itenerary for a China trip,Mp Massage Parlor advice in Macau and getting a discount Airplane ticket from Zhuhai to Shanghai.OK Cheers and Do have a good time,I will be there at the request of somebody to confirm you are different people and thats it no more no less.Have a great day Back to work answering the PM s

GoodEnough
05-21-06, 10:26
I just got off the phone this afternoon with Cebu Local, an expat who tells me he receives about 18 PMs a day and responds to every request for information and assistance. It seems to me--from the perspective of an expat of course--this is evidence that some members find his assistance helpful. I do not receive anywhere near that number, but I do receive more than my share, and I try to respond with information if I can. I take this as evidence that some members of this board find some of the information I share to be useful.

As CL implies, the distinction between expat and tourist is at best ambiguous and probably specious. The fact is that, like CL, I'm both. True, I'm an expat in Davao, but I travel all over South East Asia, in which case, I'm a tourist. Funny thing, but whenever I travel to countries and cities to which I've not been before, or to which I've not been for a while, I search for the posts in this board from the expats who live in the place that I'm going to visit. Why? Because I think that living in the place gives them a better feel for what's going on, meaning that their information is probably more current and, (to me) more useful than two-month-old reports from the occassional tourist. Given that local situations , local hotspots, and interesting locales change often, I always felt that the expats would be more on top of things than the day trippers.

As to insights. opinions and perspectives that may sound like a "Ph.D." dissertation, I guess I may be guilty. I am interested in the "whys" of coutries and cultures and in the underlying values. Maybe it's because I'm a social scientist by training. But I see no need to apologize for that. Jackson has been clever enough, in designing this board, to include an "ignore" button. It works well. Therefore, if you don't want to read whatever it is I may have to say, simply put me on your "ignore" list and move on to posts that you find more interesting.

It's true that in the Philippines, I'm not a tourist. Because I live here, I have a fairly wide circle of friends, so I tend to hear about new and interesting places when they come on the scene. In the case of Davao, whenever I see or hear of a new place that I think might be of interest to other guys, I post the information. I'm sure that CL does the same, as do most of the other expats both here and in other countries.

So I give what I can and I take what I need from expats in other places, where I'm a tourist. However, should you insist on making the distinction between the two, perhaps Jackson would be willing to consider starting a new thread called something like "reserved for tourists," or maybe "expat perspectives." Just a suggestion.

GE

Ljohnson
05-21-06, 18:41
I feel kinda silly actually posting information about my "travel plans." This forum seems to have become something else - I'm not sure what.

I will arrive in the Philippines and go directly to Angeles City on May 24. I plan to spend 3 nights in AC and then go back to Manila the fourth night as we leave for Bangkok on the 28th. I am hoping to stay in a villa at Fontana, a resort near AC. I think it is in the area where Clark air base used to be. A friend who lives on Manila is making the arrangements.

Let me know if any of you will be in the area and want to get together for a drink or to compare notes.

LJohnson

HenryV
05-21-06, 22:07
On certain threads, it seems a lot of information passed back and forth is better suited for a pm. I am not sure it is the place to reaffirm old relationships and self-aggrandizment.

I am interested in experience and information related to mongering, e.g., prices, places, trends, etc.

I feel kinda silly actually posting information about my "travel plans." This forum seems to have become something else - I'm not sure what.

I will arrive in the Philippines and go directly to Angeles City on May 24. I plan to spend 3 nights in AC and then go back to Manila the fourth night as we leave for Bangkok on the 28th. I am hoping to stay in a villa at Fontana, a resort near AC. I think it is in the area where Clark air base used to be. A friend who lives on Manila is making the arrangements.

Let me know if any of you will be in the area and want to get together for a drink or to compare notes.

LJohnson

HenryV
05-21-06, 22:16
Ljohnson

My comments were not directed toward your post, I forgot to submit my post as a seperate item.

Cebu Local
05-21-06, 23:23
On certain threads, it seems a lot of information passed back and forth is better suited for a pm. I am not sure it is the place to reaffirm old relationships and self-aggrandizment.

I am interested in experience and information related to mongering, e.g., prices, places, trends, etc.I totally agree with you,But we should try to be more tolerant of each persons posting styles,I dont believe in flaming,Little Johnson,I will be in Manila at that period,send me a PM if you will be staying a night in Manila

Guinness
05-22-06, 04:51
Sorry Guiness, and I mean no offense, but I won't be at the meeting. This is just not my kind of scene, but I hope you and CL and the others have an excellent time.

GE

Our plans to have a beer with and meet CL didn't necessarily include hanging out all night together and mongering around Manila. I PM'ed CL and invited him to meet the "three" of us accused of being "one" wacky monger, his curiosity got the best of him so he graciously accepted the invitation. I thought we could meet mid-day or early evening for a cocktail and conversation and then go our separate ways...but I'm open to whatever CL and the others want to do. I just thought it would be interesting to meet some of the people posting on ISG. Tourist, Expat or both, it doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, like I said. You are still invited. I'll either PM or call CL to work out the details so if your interested, give your buddy CL a call.

Thanks,

Guinness

Dragon Slayer
05-22-06, 12:52
pals,

i am here in so china now and i will post later.i had a great time in the philippines. i just wish that guys who get offeneded by posts they do not like will simply "skip over them" as i do. as long as it is not some loser looking for **** girls or some geek trying to fuc k with me. i just pass his thread and move on.

if you are purely a sex tourist you will get tons of this here. i am a hedonist and will have my fill of sex when they lower my corpse into the ground. i post my experiences and information that i think will be usefl or assist others in avoiding problems. now quit trashing cebulocal, goodenough and other guys who like to post on various matters here.

guys who waste time insulting others give me the impression they are jealous of these guys. lets keep the philippine board friendly.

i have to get back to fucking my lovely jing here in china now. i will post later.

dragon slayer

HenryV
05-23-06, 15:27
I am, if nothing else, tolerant.

I totally agree with you,But we should try to be more tolerant of each persons posting styles,I dont believe in flaming,Little Johnson,I will be in Manila at that period,send me a PM if you will be staying a night in Manila

Bill Buxton
06-05-06, 22:51
I will be in the area again in August,Anyone want to share some stories? Or give me some tips? Pm any intrest to me via backchannel.

Monte Christo
06-14-06, 22:30
With good topside action too, that is... :)

Thanks - MC

Yella Man
06-17-06, 02:29
I need the phone number or email to the The City State Hotel on Mabini Street in the Makati (Ermita?) area. I need to ask them a question or two about their bus that runs to Batangas. If anyone still has a card from them with their info or is staying there now, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Yella Man

White Wolf
06-17-06, 12:28
I need the phone number or email to the The City State Hotel on Mabini Street in the Makati (Ermita?) area. I need to ask them a question or two about their bus that runs to Batangas. If anyone still has a card from them with their info or is staying there now, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Yella Man

A little bit of googling resulted in this, I just hope it's still accurate:

City State Tower Hotel,
1315 A Mabini Street,
Ermita, Manila

Tel: +63 02 5213344
Cell:+63 0915 705 1799

Sugoi
06-18-06, 05:47
I'm heading out there next week to see the fight. Anyone else going to the fight? I have tickets that supposedly are ok but anyone with connections to good tickets?

Yella Man
06-18-06, 09:43
White Wolf & CL,

I tried both numbers listed in your posts, but evidently the cell# has been changed or turned off, and the landline just rings repeatedly with no answer. I guess I can get my hotel to call for me when I get there on June 30th.
You guys are gentlemen as well as mongers! :-} Thanks a bunch for the info.

Yella Man

Cebu Local
06-18-06, 13:31
White Wolf & CL,

I tried both numbers listed in your posts, but evidently the cell# has been changed or turned off, and the landline just rings repeatedly with no answer. I guess I can get my hotel to call for me when I get there on June 30th.
You guys are gentlemen as well as mongers! :-} Thanks a bunch for the info.

Yella ManI called 632- 400-7351 ,The girl answering confirmed it as Citystate tower hotel Fax is 526-2758.I called up Dept of Tourism to get their official nos Cheers

Mike Richard
06-22-06, 10:09
I have been lurking in the PI section for a while and now decided to take the plunge and just go. Anyone has recommendation on where I should go to first in PI? I am looking for the younger lighter skin pinnoy in the range 7-9. It seems that people prefered Makati and Cebu over than Manila. I am planning something around June 29 though July 9 if I can get a flight over there at a decent cost.

Also, if anyone are around at that time, let me know. I would love to hook up as a wing man to learn the area for the first few days.

(Anyone know of any specials for the airfare? I can get hold of an IATAN card if that helps)

Mike

Khun Larry
06-22-06, 21:24
I have been lurking in the PI section for a while and now decided to take the plunge and just go. Anyone has recommendation on where I should go to first in PI? I am looking for the younger lighter skin pinnoy in the range 7-9. It seems that people prefered Makati and Cebu over than Manila. I am planning something around June 29 though July 9 if I can get a flight over there at a decent cost.

Also, if anyone are around at that time, let me know. I would love to hook up as a wing man to learn the area for the first few days.

(Anyone know of any specials for the airfare? I can get hold of an IATAN card if that helps)

MikeMike,

I usually stay in Manila for 2 days and hit the LA Cafe (LA Cafe website: http://www.ermita.com/). for freelance viewing and some nice beer and music. Like any freelance place it depends on the moon and the tide. City State Hotel, ermita, about 1200 peso is a couple of blocks away, no pool.

Depending on if you are looking for freelance or gogo Mikati is more of the go go scene, it is quite expensive (by Thailand standards) but has some nice ladies if you have the dosh.

Cebu has a smallish scene comprising a few nice gogos most near "Tha Black Hole GoGo" about half a mile from Fluente circle. I stay at the Royal Pension for about 1100 peso, also no pool. Not sure about some of the above spelling.

I will be getting to Manila last week of July if you are still around.

Best of luck

K Larry

X Man
06-23-06, 15:07
First time:
Manila: LA Cafe and EDSA Entertainment plaza(Pasay / part of Metro Manila) are enough to keep a man very busy. Go to Burgos Ave (Makati) if you want some really fine stuff and willing to pay more. Go to Angeles if you want to avoid the noise and crowd of Manila... you'll still find some fine stuff.

Give us more specific if you want better info.

You said you want "light". Hmmm, maybe you should skip PI. Never met anyone there like that. Lots of heavies.

X

Yella Man
06-23-06, 15:47
I called 632- 400-7351 ,The girl answering confirmed it as Citystate tower hotel Fax is 526-2758.I called up Dept of Tourism to get their official nos Cheers

Thanks CL! You're a real gentleman.

Yella Man

X Man
06-27-06, 15:21
Hey, don't say that. You'll ruin his reputation! :-)

Thanks CL! You're a real gentleman.

Yella Man

Surferr3
06-28-06, 06:30
Greetings Gentlemen,

Third trip to Makati and looking forward to Burgos Street (I LOVE Flamingo!!!)

Anyone in town with similar likes please contact me if you are up for a beer. I'm open Saturday and Sunday Evening and love the high quality girls at Flamingo. etc...

J Boy
06-28-06, 13:34
Greetings Gentlemen,

Anyone in town with similar likes please contact me if you are up for a beer. I'm open Saturday and Sunday Evening and love the high quality girls at Flamingo. etc...

Flamingo has started charging VAT on barfines and drinks. I would boycott them if I were you.

Steve74
06-29-06, 05:28
Flamingo has the best looking selection of girls I found in Makati. I barfined 4 of them last trip and all were stunners. Also, it isn't quite as aggressive there as some of the other bars where you're immediately surrounded by girls & a waitress constantly harassing you to buy them all drinks. At Flamingo you can sit and look around a bit without too much pressure. Of course once you pick a girl or let one sit with you, the drink pressure will begin. I've found some great girls there though.

Enjoy your trip!

Greetings Gentlemen,

Any Hole
06-29-06, 21:35
I have decided to try Manilla and have booked into the oxford suites.
Last 4 times been to phillipines always gone to angeles, but i am hopeing to find a better looking girl in Manilla, and preferably one that doen't come from Samar.

Does anyone know if the edsa complex is within walking disistance of Makatai,
i don't mind walking 2-3 miles, as long as it is safe to do so.

Sugoi
06-29-06, 21:47
Last 4 times been to phillipines always gone to angeles, but i am hopeing to find a better looking girl in Manilla, and preferably one that doen't come from Samar.

Edsa is a lot farther than 2-3 miles and you will need to take a taxi. However, there will be more than enough bars to keep you busy and as mentioned many times before, Oxford Suites is right in the middle of all the action.

Any Hole
06-29-06, 21:58
Thanks for the advice on edsa, the reason i asked was that i heard the barfine was only 1250 in edsa, and could be 4000 in makatai, and as i have only mongered in phill in angeles, i am not use to paying much!!

Also after my week in Makatai i am hooking up with this girl i know who use to be a bar girl. Now i have said we will got to a beach resort, but any advice on best one to go to which has a good amount of go go's as i am always trying to get her to do a threesome, of course if she mentions anything i will say i had no idea there was any go go's there!!, at the end of the day i am a sex tourist. even if i have a girl in tow.

Sugoi
06-29-06, 22:15
Thanks for the advice on edsa, the reason i asked was that i heard the barfine was only 1250 in edsa, and could be 4000 in makatai, and as i have only mongered in phill in angeles, i am not use to paying much!!

Also after my week in Makatai i am hooking up with this girl i know who use to be a bar girl. Now i have said we will got to a beach resort, but any advice on best one to go to which has a good amount of go go's as i am always trying to get her to do a threesome, of course if she mentions anything i will say i had no idea there was any go go's there!!, at the end of the day i am a sex tourist. even if i have a girl in tow.

I will defer to some of the other experts here on beach resorts. However, if it is a threesome you desire, most MPs will offer twin service and some even offer triple and quadruple service. You can choose 2, 3 or 4 girls or you can choose 1 and ask her to choose another girl she is comfortable with. I have had MP attendants who have told me that they will kiss or go down on other girls during twin service.

I know that PDP which is about 2 1/2 blocks from Oxford Suites offers twin service...

Surferr3
06-30-06, 07:31
I agree with you 100%.

I have only been to Flamingo twice in my life. Hands down I have pulled the hottest girls I have found in SE Asia from that bar! Of course YMMV for everyone..... I don't mind paying extra for the sure thing. On both of my trips I had a hard time chosing!!

Regarding being swarmed by vultures... That is what I liked about Flamingo. I went to three other bars on Burgos (no clue of their name) and was swarmed from the second I walked in. At Flamingo, I had no such problems and once I chose my girls I was out the door in 15 minutes.

Sun Devil
07-02-06, 16:05
I am planning to book a hotel near Glorietta in Makati called the Somerset Olympia. Could someone make any comment about this place?

I stayed at the Manila Pen last year. Although the lobby, location and facilities were nice, the rooms were somewhat average. I figured that I can always go to the Pen's lobby and eat there, even though I will not be a guest, thus for my goal of finding a place in that area.

Also, since I will be arriving during the wet season (July 28), does anyone think I can just walk in and get a reservation and a discount or is it better to reserve beforehand?

Thanks in advance.

Any Hole
07-02-06, 19:07
I will defer to some of the other experts here on beach resorts. However, if it is a threesome you desire, most MPs will offer twin service and some even offer triple and quadruple service. You can choose 2, 3 or 4 girls or you can choose 1 and ask her to choose another girl she is comfortable with. I have had MP attendants who have told me that they will kiss or go down on other girls during twin service.

I know that PDP which is about 2 1/2 blocks from Oxford Suites offers twin service...

i think you miss understand me, i want a 3 some ( me , my girlfreind, and onther girl) do you think the massage parlours will be up for this?

Razzor
07-02-06, 20:11
No way, you shouldn't walk to Edsa Center from Makatai. To far and you will have taken in so much smog by the time you get there you won't be good for nothing, it has to be over 5 or 6 miles in my opinion. Take a Taxi, it's not that much and the 2 hours your sweating your ass off out there walking you could be drinking a few cold ones an enjoying your vacation. Isn't that what it's all about anyway??? If you want to walk to most places, stay at Cherry Blossom in Ermita and you can walk to the LA Cafe and many other bar within 5 minutes.

I hope you have a great time, just take it easy and be safe.

RaZZoR

Fast Eddie 48
07-03-06, 04:05

to any hole

Walking is too far over 2-3 hr walk , You can take the train form edsa to the
ayala mall staion or buedia staion for burgos st cost 30 peso even taxi is only
120 peso about 2.50 usd why walk are you crazy.

fast eddie 48

Any Hole
07-03-06, 23:22
to any hole

Walking is too far over 2-3 hr walk , You can take the train form edsa to the
ayala mall staion or buedia staion for burgos st cost 30 peso even taxi is only
120 peso about 2.50 usd why walk are you crazy.

fast eddie 48

Yeah i like to walk for the exercise, but like in angeles the traffic fumes can be bad news. As i have never mongered in Manila, i have only seen places on rough maps, so i am piecing together my detective work so i know what i am doing. Thanks for the tip on the train and taxi.

Skyman23
07-04-06, 10:09
Yeah I like to walk for the exercise, but like in Angeles the traffic fumes can be bad news. As I have never mongered in Manila, I have only seen places on rough maps, so I am piecing together my detective work so I know what I am doing. Thanks for the tip on the train and taxi.I would advise not to walk .I was attacked with two guys with knifes once while walking in daylight one sunday afternoon it is not worth the risk taxis are cheap.

I will be in the Philippines from 12th July till 26. i would be happy to meet up in Manila, Cebu or Davao during that time. Happy to show new visitors around.

Sun Devil
07-04-06, 15:50
For those interested, PAL has a special web fare of a round trip ticket to Manila from LAX for $953. The conditions are as follows:

* Minimum of three days and maximum of six months stay

* Travel to Manila is permitted

* 05 April to 31 August 2006

* 16 December to 31 January 2007

* 16 March to 31 March 2007

* Valid only for sale through the internet

This is under "special web fare" in Philipine Airlines' web site for a trip from Manila to LAX. However, when I asked for a round trip ticket from LAX to MNl, it allowed me to do so for only $953, including taxes. This is a lot better than any web site I have seen, including Kayak, Orbitz, Expedia, and Travelocity.

Marc1206
07-05-06, 03:12
Can Anyone Let A Horny "Cano" Know What The Scene Is Like In Antipolo ? I Am Moving There Next Month. Salamat!

Hi,

I sincerely appreciate your reports, but...

Would you please STOP capitalizing the first letter of EVERY word in your reports!

It's difficult to read, it's time consuming to fix, and it takes you more work to write like that.

On behalf of myself and your fellow Forum Members: Thank You!

Jackson

Fast Eddie 48
07-05-06, 06:43
Yeah i like to walk for the exercise, but like in angeles the traffic fumes can be bad news. As i have never mongered in Manila, i have only seen places on rough maps, so i am piecing together my detective work so i know what i am doing. Thanks for the tip on the train and taxi.

to any hole

Walking in metro manila is not a walk in the park it can be very danger at wrong parts of town if you don't know the area,I can find a better way to
exercise like going to a gym or work out with a hot girl.

fast eddie 48

Cebu Local
07-05-06, 10:31
Can Anyone Let A Horny "Cano" Know What The Scene Is Like In Antipolo ? I Am Moving There Next Month. Salamat!

]Antipolo is a suburb of Metro Manila,You are about an hour away from Quezon City or Burgos in Makati.Contact Cancontrib for insights in living in the burbs.Cheers

X Man
07-05-06, 14:22
who would have thought that "walking" would generate so much conversation.

i've walked all over malate and ermita at all hours and never had a problem. i'm 6ft / 182cm, mid-aged, average build, and walk with confidence and speed (especially if the surroundings look risky).

i've done a lot of walking in cebu city. hit all the bars on foot and even walked downtown from midtown. i have to admit, the walk from mango ave to lone star bar is very quiet and dark. you would want to pay attention.

i've also walked some in cdo and davao.

in manila, you can get plenty of walking just going up and down baywalk...and that would be very safe.

someone wrote, "are you crazy". yea, i guess i am. it's hot, it's risky, but i see a lot more on foot than i would in a taxi.

if i had a long vacation in one city, i think i'd be tempted to buy a mountain bike at the store just for transportation. i think you can find them for as little as $60. then at the end of the trip give it to some away.

the only problem i had walking was when i got hit by a bicycle in ac. i didn't expect a bicyclist to be going the wrong way down a one way road and stepped right in front of him. the guy did a tumble but i sufferred only a bruise.

x

Nightrider1
07-05-06, 20:15
I also walk a lot when I am in the Phil. Lots more interesting expeiences than taking a taxie evetywhere but I do believe you have to temper it with good sense and not walk too late at night in questionable areas. I honestly think in high traffic times i can walk to a destination faster than a taxie ride if its not too far. Here is an interesting walking story. I remember my first visit to Cebu and I was walking from Matro Park hotel to SM keeping my head down to avoid the pieces of rebar sticking out ,ready to slice your toes off. I heard water running and looked up to see the sidewalk had just ended and there was a 6 foot dropoff to a waterfilled ditch. No barricade or anything to stop a person from ending up chest high filthy water. YUKK.
Also walking the other way from the hotel the restraunt Gooda Gud decided to extend their business right out to the street making you walk out into Salinas street. Wonder who they had to payoff at the city hall to get away with that? he he. Going back to Phil in 4 more weeks so i am counting the days now.

Marc1206
07-05-06, 20:20
Antipolo is a suburb of Metro Manila,You are about an hour away from Quezon City or Burgos in Makati.Contact Cancontrib for insights in living in the burbs.CheersThanks!

What I'm Trying To Find Out If There Is Much, SW, MP, Bargirl Action There.

Hi,

Would you please STOP capitalizing the first letter of EVERY word in your reports!

It's difficult to read, it's time consuming to fix, and it takes you more work to write like that.

On behalf of myself and your fellow Forum Members: Thank You!

Jackson

Cebu Local
07-07-06, 01:11
Thanks!

What I'm Trying To Find Out If There Is Much, SW, MP, Bargirl Action There.

Hi,

On behalf of myself and your fellow Forum Members: Thank You! Yes,There is action in Antipolo But you are better off going to Cainta for more variety,It is an adjacent town CL out

JacksonHope this answers your concern

Any Hole
07-08-06, 18:02
Thanks guys for the advice.
One of things i have learn't whilst walking round angeles is always to smile at other people who greet you, at night walking up fields often there would be unsavoury guys just hanging round street corners ,and they would shout out to you hi!, so i always returned the hi! and everything was cool.

I will be extra carefull whilst in manila, but i always find my best fucks whilst wandering around the streets, you know you often find a massage parlour, or club not reported in the forum, but if i took a trike or taxi, you just whizz by, and good fucking aound comes with good detective work. Only 3 weeks to go.

Blink157
07-08-06, 22:39
Hi to all,
arriving in Manila on august 5 and plan to stay eiher Kimberly hotel or Bayview park hotel, cause I want to check out LA cafe and area this time.

Are those hotels gf-friendly places?

They rate Bayview as a 4-star hotel in asia travel and I think for 45 US its a gud deal. Anyone stay there before? Hotel Kimberly website looks also nice.

Is Pan Pacific gf-friendly, I might stay there before going back.

Any info or PM welcome.

Happy hunting!!

Fog Ducker
07-09-06, 01:34
Hi to all,

arriving in Manila on august 5 and plan to stay eiher Kimberly hotel or Bayview park hotel, cause I want to check out LA cafe and area this time.

They rate Bayview as a 4-star hotel in asia travel and I think for 45 US its a gud deal. Anyone stay there before? Hotel Kimberly website looks also nice.

Any info or PM welcome.

Happy hunting!!I don't know of any hotel in Manila that is not girl friendly. In fact you will find the bell-boy, doormen, etc all help you find a girl if you need help in that regard. Tell them what you wan't and the price range and they will have someone by your room door in no time.

I prefer staying at Executive Plaza, 5 minute walk from LA Cafe, Amazonia, G-Point, Robinsons Mall, etc. Excellent modern hotel and a 1500 pesos rate thru Action Travel ( less than $30 US ).

Mookman
07-16-06, 11:39
Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I've been on, used to travel constantly for business to the PI for work and only been back for a day a couple of months ago.

I have a plan of going back for pleasure at the end of august for a week and half but the friend I was suppose to go with had to bail on me.

I prefer to go with a buddy for safety reasons and what not. If you need someone to learn the ropes from, I'm the guy. I'm in my late 20's and of Asian decent. Only requirement is that don't be cheap and pay your own way. I live in LA so I'll be leaving from LAX.

I plan on staying only in Manila this time with maybe a side trip to Boracay if the right girl comes along.

PM if interested.

Mook

RodneyRude
07-16-06, 19:06
Hi guys,

I'll be in Cebu in about a weeks time.

Anyone interested in hooking up for some hunting?

I've got this really cool chick off the net who's going to take me to the best clubs and she's got loads of friends.

I'm 39 from New Zealand.

PM if interested ok.

Yella Man
07-22-06, 11:58
Hey guys, I'll be in Manila (Ermita Area) for a few days starting Sept 29 to explore LA Cafe and the Greenbelt area before heading to Peurto Galera, and then on to Angeles. Last July 3rd, while I was in Peurto Galera, there were a lot of hot young women in the Disco's (clubs) waiting for pick-ups. Unfortunately, I had my GF with me and I couldn't sample the selection. I want to know if this is a seasonal phenomena, or are there always women available there? If you have any info on PG I'd be happy to hear.

Yella Man

Blink157
07-22-06, 14:21
Hi guys,

I'll be in Cebu in about a weeks time.

Anyone interested in hooking up for some hunting?

I've got this really cool chick off the net who's going to take me to the best clubs and she's got loads of friends.

I'm 39 from New Zealand.

PM if interested ok.
Hi,
read ur post, If you get this "cool chick" from the net (chatsites etc) be careful. I see you allready with a bunch of gurls in "cool clubs" and at the end of the day you end up with the long bill and alone in ur hotel room, cause the "cool chicks" say ty ty and disappear.

I can be wrong, but that what happen most to the guys and Im tellling my own experiences. In Cebu they gurls will hunt you in the mall LOL. If your "cool net chicks" only there for you to pay there dinner , disco etc and thats it, be careful and say gudbye before spending money for nothing.

Good luck, just my 2 cents.

Happy hunting !!!

RodneyRude
07-22-06, 20:22
Thanks blink will keep that in mind but ive been shagging women off the net for over 5 years now and am literally up in the 100,s i can spot a scammer at over 100yards :) and of course ill drop her like a hot cake if shes just out to bleed me dry don't you worry about that.

OtherWhiteMeat
07-24-06, 09:54
Hi guys,

In Makati today and tomorrow. Anyone interested in hitting up AF1 or that magical flying horse, Peagusus? Always better to travel with a pal I think.

White guy here. Used to live here but this is my first trip back for about 2 years.

Razzor
07-25-06, 17:09
Never stayed at the Bay View, but the Pan Pacific is no problem. They won't say a thing to you even if you bring in 10 different girls a day. I stay at the Cherry Blosom next to Robinson Mall sometimes, only php1,350, no problem with the girls and not a bad hotel for the price.

RaZZoR

Hi to all,

Any info or PM welcome.

Happy hunting!!

HenryV
07-25-06, 20:48
How is the Cherry Blosom?

Never stayed at the Bay View, but the Pan Pacific is no problem. They won't say a thing to you even if you bring in 10 different girls a day. I stay at the Cherry Blosom next to Robinson Mall sometimes, only php1,350, no problem with the girls and not a bad hotel for the price.

RaZZoR

Sun Devil
07-25-06, 21:23
Does any one have an opinion regarding the Best Western Astor in Makati?

I stayed at the Peninsula the last time I was there. I like its location, and the lobby had a good 24/7 restaurant, but I am thinking of saving my money for the hobby and shopping at Rustan this time around. Expedia has a $60 per night rate.

Prov1
07-25-06, 21:56
Does any one have an opinion regarding the Best Western Astor in Makati?

I stayed at the Peninsula the last time I was there. I like its location, and the lobby had a good 24/7 restaurant, but I am thinking of saving my money for the hobby and shopping at Rustan this time around. Expedia has a $60 per night rate.

The Astor is much cheaper (about $45 through asiatravel.com) than the Peninsula (over $100) but you get what you pay for. Some of the rooms at the Astor do not even have hot water. You will find cockroaches running around, etc.

The Peninsula is a first class 5 star hotel. You should contact Cebu Local who I believe is a Travel Agent and knows this area very well.

Razzor
07-25-06, 22:30
I've stayed at the Cherry Blosom more than 10 times. The standard room for php1350 when you make reservation is just fine. You should email them at blossoms@i-manila.com.ph to make them. You get breakfast for 2 with the room also. I've never had a problem with taking anyone to the room, sometimes the security guys will stop a girl when she is leaving and call me ask if it's OK for the girl to leave. I don't mind that because you never know what can happen. Normally I will escort the girl down to the street and send her on her way to keep from having to get the call. Also you can make local call at php10 per call, I use these php10 calls to go on the internet with the dial up card i buy at 7-11 for php100.
Overall the Cherry Blossom has make some great improvements over the past 4 years that i've been staying there. I will stay there again next time I'm in Ermita.
By the way the location is a 1 minute walk to Robinson Mall and a 5 minute walk to LA Cafe.

RaZZoR

How is the Cherry Blosom?

Yella Man
07-27-06, 23:34
Razzor,

I emailed Cherry Blossoms at the email address listed in your post and it returned saying it couldn't be delivered. Do you have the website for the hotel without going thru a travel agent such as Asia Travels and the like?

Yella Man

Gaijin Ashiya
08-05-06, 14:30
Anyone heading to PI to enjoy the company of the local women? I would like to travel to PI, but never have and I think it would be easier with another monger. I am 30yr American in good shape.

I am hoping for a 3-4 day marathon with a few women.

Hit me up with a PM.

Harvey WB
08-06-06, 01:15
Try 6325247631, I believe that is their direct number, if I recall correctly.

Yella Man
08-09-06, 10:38
Thanks WB! I'll give em a call.

Yella Man

Frank4220
08-10-06, 02:46
Hi Guys

Anyone seen this place, and would you go back?

Thanks for the help.

Chers

Frank

Yella Man
08-16-06, 10:08
Frank,

Here's the link to a post I did on Paco Park. Nice place...except for the smell of the bathroom water.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=482400&postcount=359

Yella Man

Bold Focker
08-17-06, 01:22
I will be in Angeles City on the 8th to 17th September 06. Never been to the Phils b4, So would welcome the chance to meet up with other members for a beer or two. Please PM me if you will be there during this time!

Yella Man
08-23-06, 11:22
I'll be Flying into Manila on September 29th and hanging out in the Malate (LA Cafe area) for one night before moving on to Puerto Galera to dive. I'd be glad to share a few drinks and tales of past adventures with any members in the area during that time.

Yella Man

X Man
08-24-06, 04:25
I did an extensive review of this place...maybe in Jan 06. Search function doesn't bring anything up. Has anyone had any success using the search function at ISG?

www.parkoasis.com/

If you're a walker, it's a long walk to the action. Taxi's readily available. This is a good place if you want a pool and / or if you have a girl you want to hang out with in a relatively nice but inexpensive environment. I didn't notice any smell of the water. The more expensive rooms have double paned windows and so quieter. I stayed in the Pink room (315)

And Paco Park (the park which the hotel is named after) is a nice place to visit. And, if you're so inclined you can go to church on Sunday inside the park or even get married. :-)

Pics attached.

X

X Man
08-24-06, 04:40
Frank

There were more pics I wanted to load for Paco Park OH, but since I've already posted them, ISG won't let me post them again.

I think they were originally posted in early 2006 in the Manila section.

If you need more info or even pics, pm me with your address

X

Yella Man
08-24-06, 09:34
X Man,

Your reviews of Paco Park are at the link below. I stayed there because of your reports...and because I already had a lady friend with me so I wanted to be out of the main P4P area.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=429167&postcount=1439

Yella Man

X Man
08-24-06, 14:35
C'mon Paul o Thai, why should I give the name? PM me if you have something to share. I already share more than 98% of the lurker/furkers here.

I bet she looks great now that she got her braces off.

Yella, I take that as a compliment, but What gives with the water? Is it possible it was just an off day for the MLA water department? I would think I would notice a foul smell staying there for several days over two different trips and taking showers two/three/four times a day.

How did you locate the old posts?

I would stay there again, but I complicated things....well, enough said.

How's the shopping Yella? Cebu Local made some points about Cebu on one of the other thread and I have to agree. Shopping in Makati just doesn't make sense to me.

x

Firedick
08-25-06, 07:36
X Man

On the advanced search page, make sure you've got the "Posts"
box checked instead of the "Threads" box.

FD

Oops, that should have read "Reports" instead of "Posts"

Yella Man
08-25-06, 11:00
Yella, I take that as a compliment, but What gives with the water? Is it possible it was just an off day for the MLA water department? I would think I would notice a foul smell staying there for several days over two different trips and taking showers two/three/four times a day.

How did you locate the old posts?

I would stay there again, but I complicated things....well, enough said.

How's the shopping Yella? Cebu Local made some points about Cebu on one of the other thread and I have to agree. Shopping in Makati just doesn't make sense to me.

x

X Man,

Maybe the water company did have a bad week....really bad! I stayed in the Gold Room...really nice. Just that damn water smell...

FD already covered how to pull old posts when you use the advanced search function, so I'll skip it here. I'm not in Cebu X. I live in Korea, but travel to the Philippines frequently. I plan on moving there permanantly within the next several years. If your in the Manila area at the end of Sept, shoot me a PM so we can link up and have a few beers.

Yella Man

X Man
08-25-06, 15:37
Yes, Yella I remember your situation and still have your yafoo address (somewhere). I'm looking at December at the earliest.....have fun. Did you ever find the picture I left for you at ISG regarding the lady to contact in Makati?

Thanks FD, that should help. I haven't tested it yet, but I suspected it might be something simple.

PauloThai, the simple answer to your question is NO. There might have been more to discuss, but you didn't "share" in your pm.

Have a nice night.

X

Drignotum
09-06-06, 20:26
A friend and myself are planning a trip this next January to Manila, possibly Cebu, and to Boracayto relax and maybe do some sailing during the holiday season. So far, the forums have been a wealth of information in planning this trip. I am just looking for any specific advice anyone may have for me going to these destinations. Also, which is the best way to go about learning some basic Tagalog that I can use on this adventure. Thanks for your help.

Buko Max
09-07-06, 16:56
Also, which is the best way to go about learning some basic Tagalog that I can use on this adventure.
You can start by checking out these websites:

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog (This is a great site that even has a "Tagalog for travelers" section.)

http://www.tagalog-dictionary.com

Excelsior

Klon15
09-10-06, 09:18
I will be in Angeles from 16 th to 24 th of September.

K

Captain America
09-11-06, 17:52
I will spend the last september weekend in Manila / Puerto Galera. If you'd like to hang out at LA Café or P.Burgos, send me a PM.

Khun Larry
09-12-06, 07:02
I am thinking to meet a cebu babe in Boracay mid December.

Can anyone recommend a cheapie to mid price hotel in Boracay beach area for mid December. $10 - $30 range if that is possible.

Any info on best way me to get there from MNL and her to get to Boracay from Cebu?

CocoLove
09-12-06, 13:52
I will spend the last september weekend in Manila / Puerto Galera. If you'd like to hang out at LA Café or P.Burgos, send me a PM.Hello,

I am thinking of heading to Philippines. I've never been there before. I am working alot at the moment. Any ideas and where to go, stay, etc?

Thanks

Captain America
09-12-06, 16:42
I am thinking to meet a cebu babe in Boracay mid December.

Can anyone recommend a cheapie to mid price hotel in Boracay beach area for mid December. $10 - $30 range if that is possible.

Any info on best way me to get there from MNL and her to get to Boracay from Cebu?

Check asiatravel.com for the hotel. Easiest way I know would be to meet in Manila,then take the flight to Caticlan and the ferry to boracay together.

Captain America
09-12-06, 16:48
Hello,

I am thinking of heading to Philippines. I've never been there before. I am working alot at the moment. Any ideas and where to go, stay, etc?

Thanks

yes, I do, but it depends mostly on your preferences. if you want to PM me with your timeframe and interest I can try to suggest something.

Drignotum
09-13-06, 02:11
For my trip to Boracay, Manila, and maybe even Cebu, I am looking for some advice for setting up some contacts there that I can meet up with over a beer and maybe get some sagelike advice from. Also, for mongering in boracay, I assume its more of a bring your own place because it more westerners and the more affluent nationals during my travel time there (ati-atihan.) is it even a good idea to be there during the festival or is it just more expensive? What is a good chat room online that I can use to hook up with a few ladies before I hook up with them on my trip? I hear cherry blossoms, but I also hear it is filled with scammers looking for a buck. Thanks for the advice.

Buko Max
09-13-06, 05:58
I hear cherry blossoms, but I also hear it is filled with scammers looking for a buck.
On the contrary, Cherry Blossoms is a very legitiment website. They have been in business since 1974 and do a good job policing their website for scammers. But the majority of the ladies there are looking to get married. Try CB or Filipinaheart.

Excelsior!

Captain America
09-15-06, 17:32
Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in sabang? Considering BigApple but they ared qauoting me prices that are higher than on their web-site. not a good sign so I am looking for alternatives. Want to do some diving, both the underwater and muff type, so it should be convenient for both.
Thanks!

SixteenVolt182
09-15-06, 23:27
Hello,

I am traveling to Manila on oct15-23, I just booked a room at the City garden hotel makati. I was originally coming to see my online gf, but I found out she is living with some guy now. Here is my question. Do you think I should set something up with another girl before I come? I have a backup girl but she is not that hot, I was wondering if it would be better for me to just go and meet some girls there. I am 39 and in pretty good shape. Anyone else going to be there during this time frame can give me some pointers?

Thanks

Yuri
09-16-06, 03:26
NO need for you get another girl prior to going to the Philippines. Manila and Makati are one big candy store when it comes to picking up women. They are all over the place. Just go to Burgos Street in Makati to the bars and the girls will come running at you. This online dating stuff is bull shit.

You will have a great time on Burgos Street. Try to check in at Oxford suites or the Bellagio on Burgos street. It is a good time. For a Good Massage and fuck go to Imperial, and Air force one or Spa 168 for a higher class Bangkok Style fancier massage place.

Hello,

I am traveling to Manila on oct15-23, I just booked a room at the City garden hotel makati. I was originally coming to see my online gf, but I found out she is living with some guy now. Here is my question. Do you think I should set something up with another girl before I come? I have a backup girl but she is not that hot, I was wondering if it would be better for me to just go and meet some girls there. I am 39 and in pretty good shape. Anyone else going to be there during this time frame can give me some pointers?

Thanks

Dashing Don
09-16-06, 07:38
Captain, try the Atlantis in Sabang. Its supposed to be the best hotel there and they have a dive shop and good restaurant. Only negative is that the rooms and beds are tiny. I'll guess, 10 by 8 and this was a waterfront room. Positive: waves crashing on the shore at night. Negative: having a girl overnight is a pain because the bed is too small. Cost: as I recall, I paid about 60us.

Yuri. Have to agree with you about internet dating. I like to get off the plane and start fucking immediately. A few months ago, I'll admit, I was taken by a maiden that I met online. Turned out to be a waste of time. But as I said in a recent post in the Davao section, different strokes etc however that post was misinterpreted perhaps due to my lack of clarity.
BTW, where is Imperial spa and Spa 168? I haven't heard of them.

Don

J Boy
09-16-06, 16:02
I messed with the online dating sites for a while. I got laid a couple times and saw a couple ugly women and ran after one drink. It wasn't worth the hassel. I also belonged to several online groups that were just about filipino culture. I went to dinner one night with a group of these non-bar people and met my fiance there.

If you want to get laid stick with the bar girls. If you want to find a mate, stay away from the bar girls. Before anyone gets angry let me say that I know many have married bar girls and have great marriages. It's just that your odds are much better with a girl from the "civilian" life.

SixteenVolt182
09-18-06, 04:00
Hey guys thanks for the help. I am not really a bar person, I would rather go for a non bar girl. Do you think I could just hang out at the mall or the internet cafe and meet some girls. I am looking to get laid thou, by some hot girls. I could prob get laid from this girl i meet online, but she is a 6 or a 7. I don't want to be stuck with her, if i can get a 9 or 10. If worst comes to worst I will goto a bar to get some girls, but i would rather not.

Thanks

Dafacer
09-19-06, 03:48
Guys,

My 1st trip to the PI. I have the week of Jan 22 off and I might bug out altho I'm not sure if a week is enough? (Any of you gonna be around?)

What is the weather like in Jan?

Do I need to prebook in Angeles, or just go there and find a hotel?

Where would you suggest I stay?

What's the best way to get from Manila to AC?

I've searched until my eyes bleed, any advice much appreciated!!! Peace, DF

Bareback Bill
09-20-06, 17:27
I'll be making my usual rounds this weekend. PM me if you would like to meet at LA Cafe. I've not been back since they re-opened. Hopefully, I can see some of my new fans and old girlfriends. :)

Buko Max
09-22-06, 10:13
To Dafacer:

Please refer to my reply in the AC thread:

http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1972

Mc Fly XXX
09-23-06, 06:09
Fellow Mongers
Just booked my flight to Clark October 14-16 for just 80 US$ from Macau.

Anybody meet up for drinks? PM me
Cheers

Schluter
09-25-06, 16:50
I will be arriving late evening into Manila and taking a domestic flight out the next morning so I am looking for a hotel close to the airport. I am hoping to find a place near Starfleet if there are any hotels near there.

SixteenVolt182
09-27-06, 09:07
Anyone going to be in Makati on Oct15-oct23? I would just like to learn the ropes from someone who has already been there before.

Thanks

Nipster
10-01-06, 00:02
Hey Buds,

Taking my first trip to LOS and Fils, leave Oct. 18 and already I cant sleep because I am so excited! Have been looking forward to this adventure for at least ten years. The last nine spent in Costa Rica pursuing lovely latinas. Always had an affinity for asian chicks so now I AM READY !

Arrive BKK on Oct 19th. One night Bangkok (Nana Hotel, Majestic Suites never responded) then eleven nites in Pattaya at Residence Garden Suites, a bit away from the central action but I do like to sleep at least a couple of times a week! I think I can manage the mile or so to get to the action! Cant wait to try a "Soapie". Then back to BKK on the 31st and Phil Air to Manila.

Booked 6 nites at the 950 Condotel in AC, splurged and got a suite, sounds like it is right on the cusp of Perimeter Road and Fields Ave (could easily be mistaken).

Then I meet honey ko, who I met on Cb. Went thru at least 50 girls to find a good and wholesome keeper. Hope and pray she never finds out what I am up to! This is where I need some advice: Peninsula or Shangrila ? Just one night there (cant do the $200/nite route easily). Need expert input as I want her to have a wonderful time there as do I.

Will spend 10 days to 14 days with my sweety. I am thinking Palawan. Any input would be welcomed! Not excited about Borocay because of over-commercialization and the oil spill. Any input?

Then I am left with 8-10 days to explore. I have 3 girls lined up in Cebu and 4 in Davao. What would u pick as a rendevouz point? Help?

November 28th I sky back to BKK and would like to stay there a few nites and hit Soi Cowboy etc... Then up to Chiang Mai and do an elephant trek and maybe pick up a Burmese ruby or two (been doing my homework and pretty sure can tell real from glass or enhanced). Still leaves me a little time before I head back to shit city on December 14th.

Would greatly appreciate any help or input that could be of help...have a part time wingman but at one point he is heading to Viet Nam on business so I am open to any constructive advice.

Thanks in advance and would like to say that the atmosphere on this board is superlative to others that I frequent. Thanks again.

I solemnly hereby promise to post a full trip report, fuc-ups and all !

Nipster

GoodEnough
10-01-06, 05:26
Sounds like a hell of a trip Nipster, and you've planned it well. Both of the hotels are excellent, but I would give the edge to the Manila Pen, simply because I find the Shangri La too stuffy. Most of the girls who are not used to five star luxury are simply overwhelmed at the deluxe hotels, and they don't need to have their noses rubbed in the exclusivity of the place by snottier than needed staff. Just my two cents, but the Peninsula would get my vote (or the Mandarin for that matter) on that basis alone. Also, I think the entertainment in the Pen is better--more rock and roll and less chamber music--than the Shangri La. To me, the Shangri La is where you go when you're with your middle-aged wife.

As to where to meet the honeys from Davao and Cebu, there's no good, single location. Guess you're just gonna have to show up in each place.

GE

NoCBJ4Me
10-01-06, 15:06
......Then I meet honey ko, who I met on Cb. Went thru at least 50 girls to find a good and wholesome keeper......

Will spend 10 days to 14 days with my sweety. I am thinking Palawan......
Nipster,

Sounds like a nice trip you've planned.

What is the "Cb" website?

IMHO, I would not promise a girl, I have not met in person, 2 weeks in Palawan. You should wait untill you spend a little time with her to see if she is fun to be with. This forum has lots of stories of the online romances ending after they meet for the first time. Either they don't use their own pictures or the chemistry just isnt there.

nocbj4me

Nipster
10-01-06, 19:37
Thanks guys for the input. Much appreciated!

GoodEnough: Excellent advice on the Peninsula as it seemed to me from what I have read here and elsewhere that even though an older hotel it would provide plenty of luxury for one night; and who needs "stuffy"! An upbeat atmosphere is what I like anyway. Besides a little Rock and Roll is good for the soul! Did not notice the Mandarin so have to check that one out also. I don't think my gf has ever stayed in a hotel at all so she will definetly be awed by any decent place and I know that if she has a good time I am sure I will be amply rewarded.

Even though 56 nights may seem like a good amount of time I just know that it will go by in a flash. I think I will just opt for Cebu as the sweety (s) I have lined up there seem just a little more appealing but who knows. Could turn out to be not up to my expectations and then (oh darn) will just have to return to Manila or AC! Really want to anyway!

The hard part will be "juggling" my time with honey ko so that she doesn't know about my mongering ways; must tread lightly!

NoCBJ4Me: Cb is short for Cherryblossoms. A dating website with lots of Filipinas there. Tons of scammers, hooks, and some not even girls! It is a paysite but thought it would be worth a try if for no other reason than the amusement factor.

My gf and I have been chatting for 6 months on and off webcam and also numerous phone calls. We have both agreed that if upon meeting in person and we do not "click" then all bets are off. BTW she has never even hinted about wanting any pesos from me, is an office manager in an export/manufacturing corporation, educated and a very sweet person altogether. Has said many times that she would be happy if we didn't go anywhere. Just be together. But hey I am a realist and know that ultimately anything could happen. Although she is not playboy material she is very attractive and I really like the fact she is intelligent and educated. I know that many a good man has been scammed and taken advantage of so I am doing this thing with her with eyes wide open! Thanks for the words of caution however.

I will probably have some more questions. Knowledge is power afterall, and would appreciate any positive input. I will be sure and post them in the appropriate section so as not to offend anyone's sensibilities.

Am going to take as many pics as possible and will gladly post all the "best" ones here for your viewing pleasure! Also a complete trip report that I hope will not be too boring.

Peace and many thanks,

Nipster

X Man
10-02-06, 03:05
Damn, 56 days. How nice is that?

I wasn't aware Borocay was affected by the oil spill. Has anyone been there lately? I agree though -- too commercialized. I especially disliked the way the boats clutter the water.

Nipster says "he's thinking about Palawan". I've heard it's beautiful. An alternative might be Bohol / Panglao. Do a search for Alona Beach. It would probably be much cheaper than Palawan. If anyone has been to Moalboal on Bantayan on Cebu Island, I would like to hear info about those places. I'm not a diver, but do want to have good swimming and snorkeling.

Rendezvous points? I usually do the malls. In Cebu you have Ayala or SM. I prefer Ayala. Even if it's an evening hookup, Ayala has bars and restaurants. I recommend Ratskys for live music. If it's a daytime meet and things click, hire a taxi to take you up to "tops" for the sunset. That will put her in the mood!

In Davao you have Gasiano Mall...the larger one. In the evening you might try Chicos jazz bar which is on Rizal Ave. I found that some Davao girls didn't know where this was. There is a good restauraunt behind Chicos and it's just a short walk to Rizal Promenade. If the two of you click, it's a short taxi ride to Venue, a large disco with live music. There are smaller bars and restaurants in the same complex. If you have any specific questions, or need more details, I recommend you post them on the Davao thread.

It also seems that you prefer nicer hotels. I rarely go above 3 star. You could always meet in the lobby. Tell her to bring a bathing suit if your hotel has a pool.

We'll be looking forward to your reports.

Oh, and I have a few friends at Cherry (CB) too. Send me a pm if you want to share notes.

X

Hey Buds,

Then I meet honey ko, who I met on Cb. Went thru at least 50 girls to find a good and wholesome keeper. Hope and pray she never finds out what I am up to! This is where I need some advice: Peninsula or Shangrila ? Just one night there (cant do the $200/nite route easily). Need expert input as I want her to have a wonderful time there as do I.

Will spend 10 days to 14 days with my sweety. I am thinking Palawan. Any input would be welcomed! Not excited about Borocay because of over-commercialization and the oil spill. Any input?

Then I am left with 8-10 days to explore. I have 3 girls lined up in Cebu and 4 in Davao. What would u pick as a rendevouz point? Help?

I solemnly hereby promise to post a full trip report, fuc-ups and all !

Nipster

Eggsalad
10-06-06, 09:24
Hello

I'll be in AC from Oct 21 to 25. PM me if anyone wants to meet up.

Egg

Auz Guy
10-06-06, 12:00
Anyone planning to be in Manila around that time?

Nipster
10-06-06, 21:55
Xman,

Thanks for the input. I will do a search on Alona Beach. Much appreciated!

Peace,

Nipster

Aussie Mate
10-10-06, 14:15
First trip to Manila and AC. Will be arriving in Manila on November 14th for 5 days then off to AC for a week. Traveling solo, if any other Mongers want to get together for a cold one, let me know.

Aussie

FireWalker
10-10-06, 20:52

I wasn't aware Borocay was affected by the oil spill. Has anyone been there lately? I agree though -- too commercialized. I especially disliked the way the boats clutter the water.

Nipster says "he's thinking about Palawan". I've heard it's beautiful. An alternative might be Bohol / Panglao. Do a search for Alona Beach. It would probably be much cheaper than Palawan. If anyone has been to Moalboal on Bantayan on Cebu Island, I would like to hear info about those places. I'm not a diver, but do want to have good swimming and snorkeling.

Rendezvous points? I usually do the malls. In Cebu you have Ayala or SM. I prefer Ayala. Even if it's an evening hookup, Ayala has bars and restaurants. I recommend Ratskys for live music. If it's a daytime meet and things click, hire a taxi to take you up to "tops" for the sunset. That will put her in the mood!

In Davao you have Gasiano Mall...the larger one. In the evening you might try Chicos jazz bar which is on Rizal Ave. I found that some Davao girls didn't know where this was. There is a good restauraunt behind Chicos and it's just a short walk to Rizal Promenade. If the two of you click, it's a short taxi ride to Venue, a large disco with live music. There are smaller bars and restaurants in the same complex. If you have any specific questions, or need more details, I recommend you post them on the Davao thread.

It also seems that you prefer nicer hotels. I rarely go above 3 star. You could always meet in the lobby. Tell her to bring a bathing suit if your hotel has a pool.

We'll be looking forward to your reports.

Oh, and I have a few friends at Cherry (CB) too. Send me a pm if you want to share notes.

XI was just there in September and it was just beautiful. No sign of oil spill that I could see.

SixteenVolt182
10-10-06, 21:10
I will be in Makati from oct 15-23

I will be staying at the
City Garden Makati
7870 Makati Avenue

1). What are the best food places to eat around there?

2). Should I bring alot of us dollars with me? Or just goto the ATM when im there.

3). Does anyone know of any internet cafes near there?

4). Can I walk down the street without problems? I would like to check out the mall and stuff like that.

5). I am traveling from Arizona. Will I be asked questions about why I am traveling there? What do I tell them? That im going to get laid? Or Im here on business? I have never traveled out of the country before, So im worried about everything. hehe

Thanks for any help

X Man
10-11-06, 13:51
Hello 16,

Makati is pretty safe, don't worry about walking the streets. Just don't get too drunk and stagger around late at night because then you become an easy target.

I think your first hurdle will be getting from the airport to your hotel. The heat is often oppressive, and the chaos as you exit the airport is a bit overwhelming. I'll assume you've read previous report on that. Change some money before you exit the airport.

Money...I usually take cash and keep most of it in the safe deposit box along with a credit card. A lot of people use their ATM cards, but always good to have a back up or two.

I don't know much about restaurants in the makati area, but there are plenty of bikini-clad young women on Burgos who will be very happy to give you recommendations.

We hope you'll be give us a report after your trip. It's always nice to hear the newbie stories coming from folks with a fresh perspective.

If people ask, tell them the truth -- you're a tourist.

X

2). Should I bring alot of us dollars with me? Or just goto the ATM when im there.

4). Can I walk down the street without problems? I would like to check out the mall and stuff like that.

5). I am traveling from Arizona. Will I be asked questions about why I am traveling there? What do I tell them? That im going to get laid? Or Im here on business?

SixteenVolt182
10-11-06, 16:44
Thanks for the info Xman.

I will give a full report when I get back.

Where do you find a safe deposit box? at the airport?

I have another question about phones, I am guessing my cell will not work in Makati, Do you recomend buying a cell when I get there? or should I just use my hotel phone?

Thanks again.

Hello 16,

Makati is pretty safe, don't worry about walking the streets. Just don't get too drunk and stagger around late at night because then you become an easy target.

I think your first hurdle will be getting from the airport to your hotel. The heat is often oppressive, and the chaos as you exit the airport is a bit overwhelming. I'll assume you've read previous report on that. Change some money before you exit the airport.

Money...I usually take cash and keep most of it in the safe deposit box along with a credit card. A lot of people use their ATM cards, but always good to have a back up or two.

I don't know much about restaurants in the makati area, but there are plenty of bikini-clad young women on Burgos who will be very happy to give you recommendations.

We hope you'll be give us a report after your trip. It's always nice to hear the newbie stories coming from folks with a fresh perspective.

If people ask, tell them the truth -- you're a tourist.

X

X Man
10-12-06, 14:11
Better hotels have a safety deposit box. Usually too small for cameras (keep camera in hands! -- take pictures for ISG friends...!!!) but good for cash, passport, tickets.

Phone? I bought a used phone and it has been worth it's weight in gold. I guess it depends on how long you will say, how often you will return, and how much money you have to burn.

X

Khun Larry
10-17-06, 05:48

I will be staying at the
City Garden Makati
7870 Makati Avenue

Right next to the hotel, on the street with the gogo bars is a place called the pump House. Good food, burgers, steaks, maybe even pasta. Breakfast too I think. Makati area has many restaurants.

Khun Larry
10-17-06, 06:00

X

Both Moaoboal and Alona have nice beaches, I prefer the beach at Alona, less rocks and more sand. Moalboal was a more fun place to go out at night. Both Alona and Moalboal are BYO lady type places. Price for my room was 600 in both places, more selection on the budget end in Moalboal. At Alona I stayed at Bohol Divers and thought it was good. Rooms range from 600 peso to over 2000.

Enjoy

KL

Captain America
10-18-06, 16:32
Guys,
i'll be hanging out that night. if you're in the area, let me know by PM and we can have a SM while sorting through the ladies....
CA

Steve74
10-19-06, 02:19
I've replied to your questions below each one. Someone else posted correctly that the hardest part might be when your flight gets in to Manila. Getting through customs, etc. isn't too bad, but when you walk outside, you may be a bit overwhelmed by the heat and humidity. Although its not that hard to get a cab, you might be able to have your hotel send a can or car for you to make things a bit easier. As mentioned in other posts, the cabs at the airport will overcharge a bit, so you can walk past the ones right outside the airport & find one with meter to save a bit of money. Even if you use the airport ones, the cost isn't bad by American standards.

I will be staying at the
City Garden Makati
7870 Makati Avenue

There are tons of places to eat in the Makati area, from fast food to higher end restaurants & in between - local Filipino, Korean, American, etc. If you go to the Greenbelt Mall area (just tell any can driver Greenbelt), there's a bunch of restaurants of all sorts there. You can walk along outside & look at menus in the windows (plus enjoy all the many girls walking around there in the evenings).

I'd bring some cash to change to pesos, but not too much. There's plenty of ATMs you can use to get more cash as you need it.

Tons of them. Just walk around a little & you'll find them. Several on Burgos by the bars, also several in Greenbelt Mall (inside).

Yes, its pretty safe. I've stayed in Makati twice, once time for several months & walked all over without a problem. Of course, you can get robbed or mugged just about anywhere so use common sense & try to avoid some of the less traveled streets.

5). I am traveling from Arizona. Will I be asked questions about why I am traveling there? What do I tell them? That im going to get laid? Or Im here on business? I have never traveled out of the country before, So im worried about everything. hehe

Its natural that people you meet may ask, but its not like strangers will come up to you and interrogate you. There are lots of foreigners in Makati on business so residents are used to seeing Americans, etc. The girls in the bars will certainly ask you all kinds of questions (where you live, what hotel you stay, how long you stay, what work you do, etc.). If you want, you can tell them you're there on business - of course, they realize if you're in the bar, you're there at least at that moment for pleasure.

Its natural to be a bit nervous, especially if you've never been out of country before, but odds are you'll be fine & have a such a great time you may not want to leave. On my first visit, I spent 3 months and stayed mostly in makati since I was there for work. Enjoyed it thoroughly & hated having to go back to U.S., especially since I had a gorgeous, young Filipina who I'd spent the last month with that insisted on accompanying me to the airport & cried her eyes out when I had to leave her at the airport. Makati is a greatplace to start since its very modern and not much different from many big American cities. Depending on how long you're staying, you might want to make a trip to Angeles as well. You're in for a great adventure so enjoy it.

Thanks for any help

X Man
10-19-06, 04:03
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone...

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/18/business/AS_FIN_Philippines_Airbus.php

SixteenVolt182
10-26-06, 06:22
I am back from Makati, I will post a report soon.

Should I put it in reports of distinction?

Yankee 617
10-29-06, 03:16
Short visit. First time to Philippines.

Arrive Manila at 1300 on Thu 11/30/06 for 3 nights.

Arrive Cebu at 1450 on Sun 12/03/06 for 4 nights.

Need recommendations on where to stay (inexpensive).

Other helpful hints/tips also welcome. Could also meet up with fellow mongers for a drink.

Help! (Please?)

Yankee

Spam Hog
10-29-06, 08:39

Other helpful hints/tips also welcome. Could also meet up with fellow mongers for a drink.

Help! (Please?)

Yankee

Yankee:

When In Cebu,Try northwinds Hotel, very close to Sundflower, Yo Latino and several other discos, not far from mongering areas. If you want a real cheap place try Khani Rhag,(just tell the Cabbie... he'll know!!!) its a bit of a dive, but close to Robinson Plaza and you can go downstairs to such illustrious go go bars as Thunderdome and The Cobra. Also the Richmond hotel and Castle peak in Lahug. All are cheap usually under P1400. Sunday is when all the Filipinos who are likewise attrached to cheap rooms are checking out so you may not need a reservation, however it might be a good idea to have one just in case as the ASEAN Conference is close to that time and everything is FULLY booked.

Good luck,

Spamhog

Spam Hog
10-29-06, 08:47

Help! (Please?)

Yankee

Since you are new let me tell you this, when you get off the plane in Cebu airport DO NOT GO TO THE CURB and get a taxi...especially avoid the "unmarked" ones who are real sharks, these guys can spot a "greenie" and will charge you P500 for a ride to some of those Hotels I mentioned (Lahug area) ignore all of them no matter what they say. Instead go across the street and up the set of stairs immediately in front of you to your right, get a METERED cab. The fare is usually P150 to most of the hotels I mentioned so if the guy says his meter doesn't work that is what you should bargain for.

Regards

Spamhog

FireWalker
10-29-06, 11:49

Help! (Please?)

YankeeMango Park Hotel: good location and rooms are fine. You can take the 13C multicab to Ayala (out resort, right and across the street.) for 7 pesos. Has small pool on roof.

West Gorordio: has promo usually, but is a little more than Mango. Balcony and bath tub, breakfast included at both (room service delivery for breakfast at WG.)

Yankee 617
10-30-06, 00:15
Thanks for the info on Cebu Hotels. I did some research based on the info
you provided and found the following information (that might help others):

West Gorordo Hotel
http://www.ngkhai.net/cebuwiki/index.php?title=West_Gorordo_Hotel
http://www.westgorordohotel.com/

Mango Park Hotel
http://www.ngkhai.net/cebuwiki/index.php?title=Mango_Park_Hotel

Northwinds Hotel
http://www.ngkhai.net/cebuwiki/index.php?title=Cebu_Northwinds_Hotel

Richmond Plaza Hotel
http://www.ngkhai.net/cebuwiki/index.php?title=Richmond_Plaza_Hotel
http://www.richmondhotelcebu.com/

Castle Peak Hotel
http://www.ngkhai.net/cebuwiki/index.php?title=Castle_Peak_Hotel
http://www.castlepeakhotel.net/

I will probably gather Cebu hotel info and take it with me, hoping to find a good promo deal from Cebu Air Pacific as I travel.

In Manila, the Cherry Blossoms Hotel has received some positive reviews on ISG (and elsewhere) with the suggestion of getting an upper floor. They have no web site, but I found this info:

Address : 550 J BOCOBO ST ERMITA MLA
Classification : STANDARD
Rooms : 143
Tel. No. : (632)5247631 • (632)5247636
Fax. No. : (632)5224172
E-mail : blossoms@i-manila.com
Manager : RODNEY C. ROBOSA

I sent them an email hoping to get a decent room with queen sized bed, AC, shower and breakfast for under Php1400 including all taxes/fees.

Yankee

PS) Thanks also for the tip regarding Cebu taxi scams.

Honan
10-30-06, 03:27
Hey guy,

I need your expertise. I want to plan a trip to the PI. I have been to pattaya, bangkok, and japan. I have been studying the photos in the gallery (Asian Rain is the MAN! Hats off) and it looks like I'm long overdue for a trip to the promise land. I need to find the cheapest way to get there, and get a place to stay. Some ppl say I can get a cheaper flight if I work with a travel agent out of the PI, any truth to that? Anyhow, how much should I be looking at spending for tickets? Hotel recommendations with some websites would be appreciated as well.

Thx fellas

X Man
10-30-06, 12:05
This is great advice. I didn't figure this out until just this year. I had decided I was going to walk off the airport grounds and get a taxi on the road. I followed some Filipinos with their bags. I expected to end up in a parking lot. Got to the top of those stairs and there it was. A taxi stand for the Filipinos (and expats)... The driver turned the meter on without me asking.

Instead go across the street and up the set of stairs immediately in front of you to your right, get a METERED cab. The fare is usually P150 to most of the hotels I mentioned so if the guy says his meter doesn't work that is what you should bargain for.Spamhog

Towelboy2010
10-31-06, 03:38
I am planning a trip to Angeles from Mon Dec 4 thru Thursday Dec 7th.

Any one interested in meeting up?

I prefer a buddy to bar hop with, but I can't find any friends here in PA willing to make the 22 hour flight.

Cebu Steve
10-31-06, 04:54
I do not recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to hobby here. This is one of the very few non-girl friendly hotels in Cebu. If you have a girlfriend here, it's probably not a problem. If you are picking up a girl from a bar, you are probably going to be hasseled and you may not be able to bring her to your room.

If you check their website there are a few comments about promoting "respect for our women" and about verification of id for all guests entering the hotel.

I have read that people trying to bring girls back have had problems. Too many girl friendly hotels available in Cebu.

CS

X Man
10-31-06, 14:37
I might have guessed that PA meant Pennsylvania, USA, a place I lived in for several months - South Philly to be exact. All three teams made it to the playoffs that year and there was a stones concert. If you can guess the year, I'll buy you the beverage of your choice.

I wonder if they still have those blue laws (no alcohol on Sunday). But wait! It doesn't take 22 hours, unless you plan to hitchike to New York before your flight to Manila. Or maybe you are taking some discount flight as I did many years ago. Even then, from San Diego, it took less than 22 hours for the SD, LA, Tokyo, Seoul, MLA flight.

Don't ask your friends. Make new friends. I've been trying to convince my brother to give up his middle age celibacy and make a trip to the Philippines for ten years. His desperation scares off anything worthwhile in his cold northern state. Some guys get it and some don't.

X

I am planning a trip to Angeles from Mon Dec 4 thru Thursday Dec 7th.

Any one interested in meeting up?

I prefer a buddy to bar hop with, but I can't find any friends here in PA willing to make the 22 hour flight.

Towelboy2010
10-31-06, 15:03
I can get close. I was at Penn State that year. Lived out on Beaver Terrace. I think about 1980. I could figure it out if I retraced all my steps but too much work these days so I'll stick with 1980.

The total trip time is 22 hours. NY to HK / HK to MNL. And that's still a long time whether in a plane or a terminal.

And you can drink all you want on Sunday's now.

Bob

I might have guessed that PA meant Pennsylvania, USA, a place I lived in for several months - South Philly to be exact. All three teams made it to the playoffs that year and there was a stones concert. If you can guess the year, I'll buy you the beverage of your choice.

I wonder if they still have those blue laws (no alcohol on Sunday). But wait! It doesn't take 22 hours, unless you plan to hitchike to New York before your flight to Manila. Or maybe you are taking some discount flight as I did many years ago. Even then, from San Diego, it took less than 22 hours for the SD, LA, Tokyo, Seoul, MLA flight.

Don't ask your friends. Make new friends. I've been trying to convince my brother to give up his middle age celibacy and make a trip to the Philippines for ten years. His desperation scares off anything worthwhile in his cold northern state. Some guys get it and some don't.

X

HenryV
10-31-06, 16:32
Go Lions - billpsu '75

I can get close. I was at Penn State that year. Lived out on Beaver Terrace. I think about 1980. I could figure it out if I retraced all my steps but too much work these days so I'll stick with 1980.

The total trip time is 22 hours. NY to HK / HK to MNL. And that's still a long time whether in a plane or a terminal.

Bob

Spam Hog
11-02-06, 12:23

Bob

Strange that you gentlemen should bring up such reluctance to visit the PI. Having been in my Western Pa home back in March and also trying to convince a widowed relative he should get on a plane and screw himself silly in BKK or the PI. NAHHHHHHHH, I'd rather stay here during a grey cold Pa winter and watch TV in a darkened bar at 3 in the afternoon with a bunch of my drunk out of work buddies. I mean where else does one have such wonderful choices where you can waste time in bar run by a Pollock, a Slovok, an Italian or an Irishman.

Anyhow this guy was saving his pennies for a "once in a life time" trip to Miami in the winter.

You dummy!!! WTF is the difference between Florida and the Philippines? both places are hot all year around, English is a second language and white people are a minority. You would spend half in the PI in three weeks, round trip airfare included than you would a week in Miami and you would get laid more and by a btter class of woman IMHO.

Oh well.

good luck & happy mongering

Spamhog

X Man
11-02-06, 13:31
Thanks for the sad, but funny story Spamhog. Hey, more women left for the rest of us!

Towelboy, I do believe it was 1978 that I was there. By 1980, I was stationed in California and making my first WestPac cruise....which included the Philippines.

But a quick check confirms that all the Philadelphia teams also went to the playoffs in 1980, so I'll buy you that beverage if we ever cross paths.

X

Bob

Towelboy2010
11-03-06, 03:03
So I was right. Simply amazing considering my otherwise failing memory.

And I win a free drink for my efforts.

I guess we have a 1 in 300,000,000 chance of crossing paths. LOL.

I am sure to forget my free drink by then!

I guess the real prize is winning.

Thanx.

Thanks for the sad, but funny story Spamhog. Hey, more women left for the rest of us!

Towelboy, I do believe it was 1978 that I was there. By 1980, I was stationed in California and making my first WestPac cruise....which included the Philippines.

But a quick check confirms that all the Philadelphia teams also went to the playoffs in 1980, so I'll buy you that beverage if we ever cross paths.

X

Dafacer
11-03-06, 04:21
Hey Spamhog,

You had me lol with the wtf. I know guys like that! I'm in Tampa with the PI Cebu in my retirement plans. Good to know I'm already familiar with the layout!

Strange that you gentlemen should bring up such reluctance to visit the PI. Having been in my Western Pa home back in March and also trying to convince a widowed relative he should get on a plane and screw himself silly in BKK or the PI. NAHHHHHHHH, I'd rather stay here during a grey cold Pa winter and watch TV in a darkened bar at 3 in the afternoon with a bunch of my drunk out of work buddies. I mean where else does one have such wonderful choices where you can waste time in bar run by a Pollock, a Slovok, an Italian or an Irishman.

Anyhow this guy was saving his pennies for a "once in a life time" trip to Miami in the winter.

You dummy!!! WTF is the difference between Florida and the Philippines? both places are hot all year around, English is a second language and white people are a minority. You would spend half in the PI in three weeks, round trip airfare included than you would a week in Miami and you would get laid more and by a btter class of woman IMHO.

Oh well.

good luck & happy mongering

Spamhog

Spam Hog
11-04-06, 05:15
Glad you saw the humor in it, it is true, when you get here you will see what I mean, the other differences/similarities are is that you are safer in the Philippines than in Dade county with all the shootings robberies and drug gang activity.

Anyhow, since you are thinking of retiring in Cebu, (I moved there from Davao this year) you may wish to PM me some time and I can give you a few hints/leads to get you started.

Regards

Spamhog

Sun Devil
11-04-06, 05:22
I am planning to go back to the Philippines for the third time in 2006 this November. My budget will be $300 a day since I am just addicted to KTV girls and love bringing different ones from the plethora of KTVs on Roxas Boulevard and Quezon Avenue back to my hotel room.

In addition, I love visiting massage parlors like Flight 168, Starfleet, Sylvanus, Wilderness during the day prior to my nocturnal trips to the KTVs.

I just can't stand doing the deed in the VIP rooms, especially considering how noisy it gets in there and how uncomfortable and possibly dirty those sofas are. I tried doing it on the floor one time in Heartbeat with Coley and the experience was very forgetable becasue we were in the VIP room next to the stage.

The last time I was at Asian Entertainment, back in September after the typoon hit, I brought 2 models with me back to Traders Hotel and they stayed overnight and helped with my packing the next day.

Anyone interested in "gimmicking", as they say it here in the PI, to Asian Entertainment, East Asia, Cafe Malizia, Classmate, Heartbeat, Stardust, or Caesar, please ring me a bell.

My flight costs only $830 from LAX to MNL via Cathay Pacific.

Alistair
11-06-06, 18:05
Just out of curiosity from a newbie, you can answer me very briefly with a bullet-point reply.

- Best place to go with plenty of good looking birds and nice and swimmable sea for an early December trip (ideally, a sort of Phuket kind of place with Pattaya's entertainments), from there I will expand the research myself as far as accommodation and nightlife are concerned.

- Average LT damage with an average looking freelancer.

- In your view and always in a very coincise way where possible, what more have The Philippines to offer compared to Thailand and vice versa.

You're too kind, cheers.

Spam Hog
11-07-06, 12:11
Just out of curiosity from a newbie, you can answer me very briefly with a bullet-point reply.

- Best place to go with plenty of good looking birds and nice and swimmable sea for an early December trip (ideally, a sort of Phuket kind of place with Pattaya's entertainments), from there I will expand the research myself as far as accommodation and nightlife are concerned.

- Average LT damage with an average looking freelancer.

- In your view and always in a very coincise way where possible, what more have The Philippines to offer compared to Thailand and vice versa.

You're too kind, cheers.

We've had many discussions on this one, since I have lived, mongered, worked and played in both Thailand(ran a small boat charter in Phuket) and now living in Phils I suppose I'm as qualified as any to answer this one.

You seem to have some experience in LOS, well its apples and oranges, the two countries & thier peoples are so vastly different it would take a post the size of war and peace to summarize. Flat line, I love Thai women, greatest sex in the world but I would never again live with one, be it a GF or a wife, cant trust 'em, too damn crazy. Nothing in the Phils compares with the well organized sin of Bangkok's nanaplaza, Patpong or Pattaya's beer bars, Phuket beach bars etc. Angeles doesn;t even come close. The Phils has a better english speaking population and the people are not as devious and mercenary as Thai's. Plenty of ladies want to be your GF but they want a wedding ring too. Filipinos seem to have more respect and are nicer IMHO than the five faced ten hearted Thais.

You can probably go swimming anywhere in the Phils at any time of the year, many places such as Boracay, Moalboal and Bohol are much touted. I've been to all of them. You would probably consider them a step or so down from the developed resorts re Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi, I would say Boracay comes closest. If you go to such places in the Phils plan on bringing your own lady, not much of a selection locally, oh you can find it but not much to choose from.

Suggestion, get the hell away from Manila.

Instead come to Cebu, find a free lancer or some girl from one of the bars, see if she will be your tour guide to Bohol. Freelancer go anywhere from nothing (I wanna be your GF/wife) to P3000 per night.

Good luck

Spamhog

Buko Max
11-08-06, 13:34
Hello Gentlemen,

Looking to see if we can get a group of ISG members together for some barhopping and commeraderie in the first week of December. There are three of us so far and the more the merrier!

Bareback Bill
11-09-06, 00:04
Hello Gentlemen,

Looking to see if we can get a group of ISG members together for some barhoping and commeraderie in the first week of December. There are three of us so far and the more the merrier!Hey Mattrick, please advise your flight details and I will have my driver pick you up. I've been looking forward to meeting you for quite a while. Excelsior!

Dashing Don
11-09-06, 18:27
Mattrick,

does this invite extend to me too?

Bareback Bill
11-09-06, 19:47
Still waiting for flight details.

Towelboy2010
11-10-06, 00:08
What started out as me asking for a tour guide is turning into a full fledged shindig. I love it. See you all on Dec 4th.

Bob

FireWalker
11-12-06, 14:06
My flight costs only $830 from LAX to MNL via Cathay Pacific.Hey Sundevil,

Why don't you try Eva Air? It is usually a quite a bit less and you can take a great midnite or 1am flight and sleep easy most of the flight? I arrive in Manila about 11:30 am and no jet lag.

Not being critical, but just kinda curious.

Solarec
11-21-06, 20:50
Gentlemen!

Anybody have info or experience on bringing in tobacco?

Is it somehow difficult through customs?

Eh Im a cigar smoker and planning to bring some in to the PH.

In the info they only talk about ciggarettes and stuff.

Cebu Local
11-22-06, 22:47
Gentlemen!

Anybody have info or experience on bringing in tobacco?

Is it somehow difficult through customs?

Eh Im a cigar smoker and planning to bring some in to the PH.

In the info they only talk about ciggarettes and stuff.As long as you stay within limits no problem,BTW Try the Philippine Cigars esp the Tabacalera Brand,They export these all over the world and they are like one fifth or 20% of US prices.

Cebu Local
11-22-06, 22:50
Hey,

Korean-American guy here goint to Makati the second week of December. I made some posts in the Korean thread a while ago, anyone want to have drink, pm me. I've read the forum, got my plans, just need the little nuances of this place.

LaterBurgos Street in Makati is in the heart of Korea Town,The PI is very popular with Koreans with over 400,000 Korean visitors yearly and there are over 150,000 Resident Koreans in the PI,Koreans are everywhere in the PI.You will blend in

Dafacer
11-23-06, 01:34
Just back from a Germany trip (the FKKs are alive and well), it was 9+ hours in the air and it about drives me nuts!! I can't imagine doubling it! How do you guys stand 18-20 hours on the plane?? And how long does it take to feel human again?

I'm hoping to put my virgin trip to the PI and Thailand together for next April, so any advise appreciated! Also, how is April weather wise?

Fast Eddie 48
11-23-06, 04:21
Burgos Street in Makati is in the heart of Korea Town,The PI is very popular with Koreans with over 400,000 Korean visitors yearly and there are over 150,000 Resident Koreans in the PI,Koreans are everywhere in the PI.You will blend in

to cebu local

The reason the Korean go to PI more than other country like china or Thailand
because they like to Gamble in the casinos any place with casinos there will be Koreans .

fast eddie 48

Solarec
11-24-06, 21:54
As long as you stay within limits no problem,BTW Try the Philippine Cigars esp the Tabacalera Brand,They export these all over the world and they are like one fifth or 20% of US prices.Tabacalera Brand I will try. Im gonna enjoy It with a nice Tanduai rum, some music and nice eh something.

Soleilmon

Latin Luver
11-26-06, 08:03
Hi everyone,

My best friend and I are planning a trip to the Phillipines next year. We would like to know what is the cheapest airline flying from New York to the Phillipines (does not have to be direct flight). What city in the Phillipines is a good city to start off with (I dont want to over spend. I can do that in New York). Any advice would be appreciated. We like young 18-25 yr old sexy filipinas.

Fast Eddie 48
11-26-06, 08:19
hi everyone,

my best friend and i are planning a trip to the phillipines next year. we would like to know what is the cheapest airline flying from new york to the phillipines (does not have to be direct flight). what city in the phillipines is a good city to start off with (i dont want to over spend. i can do that in new york). any advice would be appreciated. we like young 18-25 yr old sexy filipinas.

to latin luver

cathay pacific fare from sfo to manila with stop over in hong kong is 920.00 included tax from jfk maybe $50.00 more i just book for new year day flight is
12.30 new year morning .

manila is a good city to start and then go to cebu or boracay and sabang for
[CodeWord121] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord121) and scuba diving with usd dropping is down to 49 peso to the dollars even that you can still get a gf in la cafe for $ 20.00 usd for st ,try that in nyc buddy.

fast eddie 48

Sammon
11-26-06, 14:40
Best way to find cheap tickets is to go sidestep.com.

Steve74
11-27-06, 05:50
Hi everyone,

My best friend and I are planning a trip to the Phillipines next year. We would like to know what is the cheapest airline flying from New York to the Phillipines (does not have to be direct flight). What city in the Phillipines is a good city to start off with (I dont want to over spend. I can do that in New York). Any advice would be appreciated. We like young 18-25 yr old sexy filipinas.I'm not sure what the cheapest airline will be next year when you go. Deals vary depending on the season, oil prices, etc. so I'd check around online & compare. There are direct flights from L.A., but most flights from the Eastern U.S. will have a stopover in either Japan or Hong Kong to refuel. I got a direct flight back to L.A. on Philippine Airlines (PAL) and I've also flown United to China, then PAL to Manila. If you're going from NY, I'd think you should be able to get an international flight from there rather than going to CA which will cost you more by adding a domestic flight. My guess is you'll probably have to spend around $1000 for a ticket, maybe a bit more (& anything less is a bargain).

As to what city in the PI to start with, I'd suggest Manila since that's where you'll be arriving & there's plenty of sexy Filipinas there. You could check out Edsa, LA Cafe (for freelancers) & Burgos for some of the best looking girls. Although Burgos is relatively expensive, its still dirt cheap compared to anything in NY (even if there was anything comparable in NY). From Manila, its easy to make a trip to Angeles where the quality of girls isn't as good overall (although there are certainly some great looking girls there), but prices are cheaper.

My next trip will probably be middle of next year also so if we happen to be there at the same time, I'd be glad to buy you guys a San Miguel (if you're not familair with SM yet, you will be). Regardless, you'll have a great time.

Yankee 617
11-28-06, 09:28
I am in Shenzhen (China) and will be arriving in Manila on 30 Nov for 3 nights. Then I'll fly to Cebu for 4 nights. After that, I'll return to China on 7 Dec for a few days before returning to the USA. Please let me know if you'd like to meet up for a beer. This is my inaugural voyage to Asia and, while exploring on my own is fun, its always easier to learn from those with more experience.

Cheers, Yankee

Latin Luver
11-29-06, 01:01
I will probably be going sometime October - November next year, I will fill you in all the crazy details. My best friend and I plan to spen about 1 week there and get crazy!!! One of my friends (a trader at major Wall Street firm) quit his $1 milllion USD a year job to move to the Phillipines. He now owns a bar there and is loving it.

Spam Hog
11-30-06, 06:47
I will probably be going sometime October - November next year, I will fill you in all the crazy details. My best friend and I plan to spen about 1 week there and get crazy!!! One of my friends (a trader at major Wall Street firm) quit his $1 milllion USD a year job to move to the Phillipines. He now owns a bar there and is loving it.

LL, its odd, but I often compare Manila with New York city to all the Filipino's who want to go there to work as a teacher/nurse in those systems and have no idea what they are in for, Tondo being Bed Sty and Ermita/Malate the bowery or Harlem. Manila is over priced IMHO, yes plenty of Girls and all types, the bars, freelancers, regular girls in the Malls who flirt with you and even some upscale escorts who are out of work 'actresses".

By all means check it out and of course the obligatory pilgrimage to Angeles which is an entire city dedicated to mongering, however, I suggest you look into some other cities particulary CEBU which has every thing Manila has but on a smaller cheaper scale and the people are nicer. You might even try a little adventure in Davao or Cagayan de Oro, which are much cheaper and plenty of available women, many of whom have never been with a foreigner.
My advice is to check out some of the other boards dedicated for those areas, it might interest you.

If you use PAL airlines to get here understand they are ALWAYS late so dont plan on making any connections on time, look into northwest airlines which I usually fly back and forth to the US by way of Japan.

I can udnerstand your friends flight from Wall street, used to work with a guy who was a floor broker, he walked off the job one day and came to DC, said it saved his life.

Good luck

Spamhog

Dafacer
12-03-06, 05:07
Hey guys, I've searched these forums extensively! I can't find info on a few things, if you could help, I'm buyin!

1. What US citys fly direct to Manila? I'm thinking I can get a cheap Southwest flight to city X and go direct to the PI.

2. What are the best days to fly moneywise? Do I avoid weekend travel? Or make sure a Saturday is included?

3. What is the time difference from the east coast of US?

4. How the hell do you stand 18-20 hours on a plane?

Any advise mucho appreciated! DF

Spam Hog
12-03-06, 06:35
Hey guys, I've searched these forums extensively! I can't find info on a few things, if you could help, I'm buyin!

1. What US citys fly direct to Manila? I'm thinking I can get a cheap Southwest flight to city X and go direct to the PI.

2. What are the best days to fly moneywise? Do I avoid weekend travel? Or make sure a Saturday is included?

3. What is the time difference from the east coast of US?

4. How the hell do you stand 18-20 hours on a plane?

Any advise mucho appreciated! DF

For what its worth:

Everytime I fly to the USA I use either Northwest Airlines leaving from SF to Manila Via Narita Airport in japan (I find the brief stop over refreshing after going across the pacific), or Continental airlines which goes direct out of LA to Manila. I have flown PAL out of LA but never again, they are always late, stop in hawaii for 1 hr refuel etc. Its way off the mark I know but Silkair/singapore air was offering a NON STOP flight from NYC to Singapore, I've flown them from Cebu to Singapore back and forth and they are a first rate airlines IMHO. Weekend travel should always be avoided and you dont want to be anywhere traveling in the Phils on a Sunday if you have to make connections. EVERYTHING shuts down or goes slower than normal which is dead slow anyhow.

Time diffference between East coast and Phils/HK is 12 hrs. We are one day ahead. So 1:30 Pm sunday afternoon as I write this is 1:30 AM sunday morning EST (or what is left of saturday night if you are out partying in New york city)

Flying on a plane always bites, I try to sleep, watch the movies on the back seat screens NWA has... but do the best you can.

Regards

Spamhog

Guinness
12-03-06, 16:32
For what its worth:

Everytime I fly to the USA I use either Northwest Airlines leaving from SF to Manila Via Narita Airport in japan (I find the brief stop over refreshing after going across the pacific), or Continental airlines which goes direct out of LA to Manila. I have flown PAL out of LA but never again, they are always late, stop in hawaii for 1 hr refuel etc.

I've flown PAL a few times out of Vancouver BC and SFO and was never delayed, maybe luck? It's a direct flight from Vancouver but SFO has included a 1hr refueling stop in Guam or Honolulu at times (but not always), no deplaning required and I usually sleep right through it. The long flight over the Pacific is brutal no matter how you slice it, I've always splurged a bit and paid for Business class (about $2200-$2500 USD on PAL) and often been upgraded to first class. I once flew NWA from SFO/Narita/MNL. The airline was great but I wasn't a big fan of breaking up the long flight over the Pacific into two segments, I'd rather get it over with in one flight (just my preference). If I remember correctly, the flight from SFO to Narita is approx 12-13hrs then you still have another 6hrs from Narita to MNL. Bottom line; if you're coming from the states there is no way to avoid the long uncomfortable flight across the pond. However, a nice doctor prescribed sleeping pill and 2-3 cocktails on the plane will help pass the time. ;) IMHO.

Guinness

Firedick
12-03-06, 18:59
I've been using Eva Air out of LAX (they fly out of SFO and Seattle as well). You do have a short stop in Taiwan, but I like their "Delux" class. Business class size seat with economy service for under $1,000 RT.

FD

Guinness
12-04-06, 02:53
I've been using Eva Air out of LAX (they fly out of SFO and Seattle as well). You do have a short stop in Taiwan, but I like their "Delux" class. Business class size seat with economy service for under $1,000 RT.

FD

I've taken that flight out of Seattle too. It get's you into MNL around 11am (perfect time of the day to arrive in my opinion). However, there's a 2 hr layover in Taipei on the way to MNL but more like a 3 1/2 to 4hr layover coming back to Seattle. And, I think the layover in Taipei on the way back to SFO is more like 5hrs, yikes (There's not that much to do in the Taipei airport). Still, I agree with FD, a great deal for the Business class seat.

Guinness

Spam Hog
12-08-06, 12:00
National news is reporting the summit in Cebu postponed until January 07,

reason given:

Impending typhoons threaten the area

Might be a good time to check into a room at a bargain rate.

Spamhog

Yankee 617
12-08-06, 23:13
National news is reporting the summit in Cebu postponed until January 07,

reason given:

Impending typhoons threaten the area

Might be a good time to check into a room at a bargain rate.
Spamhog

Might also be a good time to check out the ladies for a bargain. Some may have come to town for the conference, but now they have no customers.

Paulb
12-09-06, 09:41
Can some one help.I want to fly to Clark air base on around 7,8,9 Feburary 2007 from Shanghai return. I read there was a cheap no frills air line doing this route. Can some one please give me a name or a contact number.

Fast Eddie 48
12-09-06, 21:10
Can some one help.I want to fly to Clark air base on around 7,8,9 Feburary 2007 from Shanghai return. I read there was a cheap no frills air line doing this route. Can some one please give me a name or a contact number.

to paul b

CR Air have flight from hong kong to clark airport 3 time a week , You can fly from Shanghai to Hong Kong with dragon air or fly to Shenzhen and take the train to Hong Kong fare is alot cheaper if you have th time, If is was me I just
caught a direct flight from Shanghai to manila and take the bus 2 hr to AC.

fast eddie 48

E 7789
12-09-06, 23:05
Am iIcrazy to plan on a trip to the Philippines by myself? I just hope once I get there I will find enough company to keep me busy. I plan to land in Manila and then go where ever I see opportunity.

Cebu Local
12-10-06, 00:41
to paul b

CR Air have flight from hong kong to clark airport 3 time a week , You can fly from Shanghai to Hong Kong with dragon air or fly to Shenzhen and take the train to Hong Kong fare is alot cheaper if you have th time, If is was me I just
caught a direct flight from Shanghai to manila and take the bus 2 hr to AC.

fast eddie 48CR Airways No longer exists,It was purchased by Hainan Airlines which rebranded it as Hong Kong Airlines last Nov 28 and Will be flying starting today 4 times a week between HK and Clark Sun,Tue,Thurs and Fri.Later on Hong Kong Express which Hainan also purchased will be merged into Hong Kong Airlines early next year.Your best take is take Hainan Airlines Shanghai to HK,then Hong Kong Air to Clark.Same Airline all the way.By the way If anybody wants to fly Clark to Hong Kong Roundtrip for 120 Dollars plus taxes round trip on a Hong Kong Airlines Flight,Which is full service with Hot meals,Business Class etc Please send me a PM and I can arrange for the special Travel agent rate.

Cebu Local
12-10-06, 00:42
Am iIcrazy to plan on a trip to the Philippines by myself? I just hope once I get there I will find enough company to keep me busy. I plan to land in Manila and then go where ever I see opportunity.90% of the Mongers Travel by themselves here

Steve74
12-10-06, 06:26
Am iIcrazy to plan on a trip to the Philippines by myself? I just hope once I get there I will find enough company to keep me busy. I plan to land in Manila and then go where ever I see opportunity.Traveling by yourself in the Philippines should not be a problem. I've made 2 trips there by myself & had no major problems. One big advantage is that most filipinos speak english at least reasonably well. Manila is a big city and there are many foreigners there, especially in Makati which is the business district. If you're looking for opportunity of the mongering type, you'll have no problem finding it. In Manila, you can check out the EDSA complex, LA Cafe, & Burgos street (in Makati). Angeles City is only about a 2 hour trip & is one of the mongering capitals of the world. Taxis are all over so getting around isn't too difficult. Try to use taxis that run the meter or else you'll be overpaying a bit.

Do not drink any water (including ice in drinks) other than bottled or you're likely to be spending a day in your hotel doing something you didn't go there for. Also, be catious about the food - avoid street vendors to be safe. I picked up giardia from something i ate on one trip and although its pretty easy to get rid of once you know you have it, diagnosing it isn't so easy.

For the most part, its pretty safe in the PI for foreigners although you should always use common sense. Most of the people there are friendly and of course some of the girls are extremely friendly.

Have a great time. Wish I were going also.

Fast Eddie 48
12-10-06, 07:34
CR Airways No longer exists,It was purchased by Hainan Airlines which rebranded it as Hong Kong Airlines last Nov 28 and Will be flying starting today 4 times a week between HK and Clark Sun,Tue,Thurs and Fri.Later on Hong Kong Express which Hainan also purchased will be merged into Hong Kong Airlines early next year.Your best take is take Hainan Airlines Shanghai to HK,then Hong Kong Air to Clark.Same Airline all the way.By the way If anybody wants to fly Clark to Hong Kong Roundtrip for 120 Dollars plus taxes round trip on a Hong Kong Airlines Flight,Which is full service with Hot meals,Business Class etc Please send me a PM and I can arrange for the special Travel agent rate.

to cebu local

So what is cost for the fare on hanian air from Shanghai to Hong kong can you save enough not to fly direct to Manila from Shanghai .

fast eddie 48

Cebu Local
12-13-06, 16:45
I just had Dinner with one of The ASEAN Ambassadors,It is reset for Jan 10-13.But The East Asian Summit got moved to Febraury.

Hobby Knob
12-15-06, 09:06
I've taken that flight out of Seattle too. It get's you into MNL around 11am (perfect time of the day to arrive in my opinion). However, there's a 2 hr layover in Taipei on the way to MNL but more like a 3 1/2 to 4hr layover coming back to Seattle. And, I think the layover in Taipei on the way back to SFO is more like 5hrs, yikes (There's not that much to do in the Taipei airport). Still, I agree with FD, a great deal for the Business class seat.

GuinnessThanks to this board, I was able to book this "great deal" as well. Philippine airlines wanted $950 for when I am going. Eva was $750 or $950 for business class. It is well worth the $200 for the bigger seat, electrical outlet for my laptop and the better meals (I hope).

I can't wait for my trip now!

Cebu Local
12-17-06, 15:15
Dragon Slayer has lambasted me for posting False Information,I made a notye that the Mayor of Davao Rodrigo Duterte is going to be in Nanning,Guangxi China on January 8-12,He says that it is false information.So i have Challenged Him that If this does not take place,I leave the Philippine Boards Permanently,If He does,I think He owes me an apology on the Davao thread,This notice will self destruct in 2 days

FireWalker
12-21-06, 11:20
I'll be in AC from Jan. 17th-Feb. 7th if anyone wants to meet for a beer.

I'll be staying at Our Lady of Angeles Hotel. In other words, I'll be staying in my girlfriends apartment. Apparently, a lot of other girls like to come by to watch TV there. Should make an interesting report. Hehehehe

Spam Hog
12-28-06, 07:30
I will be escorting Mrs spamhog and her unattached younger sister to dinner Friday night (12/29/06) at Olio's resuraunt Banilad crossroads Cebu, if anyone wishes to stop by and say hello. i would get reservation if any one else is planning a dinner as the entire uptairs is dedicated for a party (not mine).

Regards

Spamhog

Jambo
01-02-07, 05:46
I will be in Cagayan de Oro (CDO), about 12 Jan.

E 7789
01-06-07, 17:33
I have a few questions I am sure this forum can help me with. I will arrive in Manila on 1/28/07 at 10:55pm after a 22 hour trip and then intend to end up at the Grand Central Hotel in A.C.

At what point do I convert some money to pesos and where do I do this?

With your travel experience should I just stay in Manila the night I arrive and
travel to A.C. the next day?

Thanks

Fast Eddie 48
01-07-07, 02:10
I have a few questions I am sure this forum can help me with. I will arrive in Manila on 1/28/07 at 10:55pm after a 22 hour trip and then intend to end up at the Grand Central Hotel in A.C.

At what point do I convert some money to pesos and where do I do this?

With your travel experience should I just stay in Manila the night I arrive and
travel to A.C. the next day?

Thanks

to e 7789

I always change 100 usd at the airport so you have peso for taxi and trip to AC , Malate and emita area have many money charge rate is better than the airport and in AC .

Becareful on hustler on the st that offer very high rate you will get short change in small bill , current rate is about 49 peso to one usd lowest in 5 yr you should stay in manila for a few day if you never been to PI or AC there is
alot to do in manila than AC.

fast eddie 48