PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Admin
01-01-06, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Dick Hertz
06-28-06, 11:32
I am thinking about going to the DR at the end of august but worry about the the weather being hurricane season. Also how hard will it be to find women in bad weather. Do any other people give me an idea of what to expect.

Grand Pollo
06-29-06, 00:10
June to November is hurricane season. They get a close one maybe twice a year, and get hit maybe once every few years. If that is too risky then, well, you are pretty risk-averse. I have been there with one hurricane just left and one on the way and the girls were still there.

Mister
06-29-06, 05:42
My experience has been that most of the storms hit the south or just miss the south. Another big plus for hitting Sosua and Puerto Plata vs. the capital - for me anyways. Rain, sleet, or shine - I will be where chicas are.

MISTER NYC :D

Victor Lazlo
06-29-06, 10:33
I am thinking about going to the DR at the end of august but worry about the the weather being hurricane season. Also how hard will it be to find women in bad weather. Do any other people give me an idea of what to expect.I was in the DR for two weeks last September. No hurricanes. I intend to be in the DR for two weeks this September.

If a hurricane comes along, I will find a chica willing to shack up for a couple of days (not hard to do), stock up on goodies and batten down the hatches. I would heartily recommend that you do the same.

Should there be no hurricane, do it anyway.

BoricuaOnline
06-30-06, 02:05
No hurricane has directly hit the Dominican Republic since 1998 but September usually is the most rainy month of the year. Less tourists, the same girls.

I am going to be in SD last week of July. My intention was to go to el Festival del Merengue but it was moved to a week earlier. My hotel is Mercurre on Colonial Zone, $44.00 daily with breakfast buffet, an internet webpage deal. 105 rooms and guest friendly.

Dick Hertz
06-30-06, 03:17
Thanks everyone. I will started planing my trip now.

Grand Pollo
07-01-06, 02:19
No hurricane has directly hit the Dominican Republic since 1998 but September usually is the most rainy month of the year. Less tourists, the same girls.

As to the never on the north shore and not since 1998 there is of course Jeanne which guess what? She hit the North Coast and it was in 2004.

BoricuaOnline
07-01-06, 06:19
As to the never on the north shore and not since 1998 there is of course Jeanne which guess what? She hit the North Coast and it was in 2004.

I forgot that one, it hit my country (Puerto Rico) too. It was not as strong as Georges.

Concarne
07-03-06, 23:11
Will be around...likely at Europa or Palace. Anyone around?

Debating whether to set up an orgy...mmm...yeah..that sounds good...

At any rate PM if around, will buy you a drink.

Danzig19
07-14-06, 21:37
Rush Limbaugh here,

I just love the girl in the Domican Republic.

Hahaha.

Grand Pollo
07-16-06, 01:19
Man! That was just like a joke, just not funny.

You should have said "girls" BTW.

Montreal Friend
07-20-06, 18:17
Hello,

I'm a 40 years old trilingual (English, French and Spanish) friendly and (relatively) experienced French Canadian hubbiest who will be at the Black Beard Adult Resort in Costambar (near POP) from Sunday July 30th until Thursday August 3, 2006. If any of you will be there around that time (or around that area), please send me a Private Message so that we can coordinate some initiatives toghether, like, for instance, the rental of a car for some of the days or joint "mongering expedition".

Sincerely,

Montreal Friend.

Dick Hertz
07-21-06, 22:45
I will be visiting the DR in August and is looking for a girl freindly hotel near some of the hot spots. Since it will be raining alot when i am there i don't want to go to far. I would need a place with a/c and a safe in the room and no set time on bring girl in and out. This will be my first visit to the DR so any info you can give would be welcome.

FunkMonkey
07-26-06, 03:03
I am going to The DR in a couple months and my spanish is not all that good, I would like to go to some clubs and party with some friendly women. I wouldn't mind mongering for a night or two. I also want to scout for some property while im there. Any suggestions?

Thanks alot

Montreal Friend
07-26-06, 13:33
I suggest to you to go to the hotel/motel Field of Dreams in the Puerto Plata area:

http://fieldofdreams.20m.com/

... because it's definitively chica friendly but, most of all, because of the fact that it's owner, Billy, will help you monger by taking you around with other of his clients and friends at night time. He can even negociate with the girls for you, if your limited Spanish requires it.

I am going to The DR in a couple months and my spanish is not all that good, I would like to go to some clubs and party with some friendly women. I wouldn't mind mongering for a night or two. I also want to scout for some property while im there. Any suggestions?

Thanks alot

Michigan Guy
07-26-06, 13:48
Hi,

Coming down to DR 8/7 thru 8/10. I realize that there is no action in Casa De Campo, however I may be traveling to La Palemno (sp?) for a little nightly action.

I don't speak any spanish, do you think I should waste my time or do you think I can still find a way to communicate with the girls?

Thanks.

Grand Pollo
07-27-06, 01:16
If they are pros the only language you need is money. I have no idea what or where this city you mention is however, in terms of the likelyhood of success.

Michigan Guy
07-27-06, 14:56
Sorry, my prior post should have stated the city close to the resort is La Romano.

Grand Pollo
07-28-06, 00:33
I know it is adjacent to La Romana. Which is, sorry, not a great place for non-speaking newbies (or even speaking oldbies, I'd never go there).

I'd suggest going to Boca Chica. Not sure why you'd pick Casa de Campo at all, very upscale and down on girls, totally. La Romana is more of a conventional town as is San Pedro de Macoris which is the next one west.

Then contiuing west towards Boca Chica is Juan Dolio which is really an all-inclusive resort town, then Boca Chica. You are looking at 60 miles or so just to get to Boca Chica. Once there hotels are cheap and the prices are OK, but becoming insane.

I presume you are flying into Santo Domingo? If so you go through Boca Chica heading east first.

Read the Boca Chica posts.

Therickster
07-30-06, 01:38
I have used this site for many years and gleaned so much great information from my fellow mongers that first off I would like to say a big thank you.

I've been to PI and Thailand more times than you could shake a stick at as well as many other SE Asian countries, Estonia, Prague, The Gambia, Brazil, PR, Cuba and more.

I'm planning my first trip to DR and although reading through the numerous, excellent reports I can't make up my mind whether to head north or south. Can any of you guys help?

I don't speak Spanish so I'm already at a disadvantage. Is nude bathing allowed anywhere? I know about Eden Bay but is there anywhere else?

I'm planning to visit late August, and it would be nice to hook up with someone who could show me the DR ropes.

Ford
07-31-06, 06:46
I have used this site for many years and gleaned so much great information from my fellow mongers that first off I would like to say a big thank you.

I've been to PI and Thailand more times than you could shake a stick at as well as many other SE Asian countries, Estonia, Prague, The Gambia, Brazil, PR, Cuba and more.

I'm planning my first trip to DR and although reading through the numerous, excellent reports I can't make up my mind whether to head north or south. Can any of you guys help?

I don't speak Spanish so I'm already at a disadvantage. Is nude bathing allowed anywhere? I know about Eden Bay but is there anywhere else?

I'm planning to visit late August, and it would be nice to hook up with someone who could show me the DR ropes.

I prefer the south coast, but to really enjoy the capital is tough w/o solid Spanish.

Late August can be a risky time to go in terms of weather. Aug 15 to Sept 15 is the peak of hurricane season for the DR and even though the odds are in your favor - if a category 4 is making its way across the Atlantic at the same time that your packing (I've been in this position) it could present issues on whether to cancel or go anyway. (More stress)

Nude bathing? You mean for you? Women bathe topless all over the country, or rather I should say female tourists bathe topless all over the country. Local girls don't and the Eden Bay resort you mentioned is the only clothing optional resort that I'm aware of on Hispaniola. Its on the north coast in Puerto Plata. :)

cheers..................

Helpmann
07-31-06, 11:21

I hope this helps!

-Helpmann ;)

North vs. South (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=427691&postcount=41)
Sosua vs. Boca Chica (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=362802#post362802)

Member #2128
08-01-06, 01:51
Hey Rickster,

Be a sport. On your first trip go to both---north and south!

Fly into SD in the south. Spend a day or two getting your "feet" wet. Hop over to BC in 30 minutes. Spend a day or two. Then take the 3-4 hour ride north on an air-conditioned bus to Sosua and spend a few days there. Then fly back home out of POP. There's your week.

If you have less than a week, IMHO go to the north for a quickie. These days, there's more bang for your buck there, at least from my recent experiences in all three places. Also, as everyone will tell you, not speaking ANY Spanish is going to limit you wherever you go!

The Dominicanas are pure sweethearts, except for those (30-50%) who aren't, and will ask you for more money than you agreed upon and not let it go, or pester you for $$$ every time they see you. In my experience of several weeks, it never got much worse than that.

Have a good time!

Griot
08-01-06, 22:19
Well I am a rookie for now, but an experienced one. I can't disput any of the veterans postor information because I learned from it and used it as well. But from the perspective of the not very experienced I can tell you that you will enjoy either Boca Chica or Sousa. Not speaking Spanish is not that big a deal unless you are very picky and choice. I speak very poor Spanish and I traveled the island in a rental car and had a ball. The ladies will work with you if they like you, Spanish or no Spanish. I turned down quite a few very nice looking ones because I was already exhasted. Some could not say a sentence in English. You might be out of your league if you go for the educated non pros in SD. They are probable the ones that will not have patience. But from all your travels you will be right at home after a hour or 2. So don't hype the lack of Spanish. Learn directions, numbers for money and how to say common phrases that tourist would say. I was there in May and will go for more R & R this weekend. Yeap vets, I am hard headed I will be mobile and driving the island again by day. You will be fine, Boca Chica and Sousa are small. The info on this board will suffice you there. SD is a bit more of a challenge, there you may want someone to show you the ropes.

Ford
08-02-06, 15:10
The fact that things are real dicey in the DR right now isn't going to bother me or any of my bud's at all. The only people that its going to effect are those "one trick pony's" that don't know how to do anything but click on the JFK to POP or JFK to SDQ flight button on Travelocity.

I have criticized them on this board for years. Exchange rate is 55 to 1, they go to the DR. Exchange rate plummets to 32 to 1, they suck it up and still go to the DR anyway. No imagination. No pelotas!

Fernandez has imposed curfew law to curb street crime, result is country is in chaos. Wow, that's very sad.
Its obviously time to pass on the DR for now until things settle down.

Direct flights on AA to Medellin Colombia. Great city! Cartagena is nice also (if you can deal with the street vendors) so is Cali. Quality and prices off the meter! I loved the quality in Caracas Venezuela also, but I have always been a fan of Central America. I will be in Panama next month, and probably Honduras in November. I love the "walkaround" vibe in Zona 4 in Guatemala City Guatemala. Stick your head in any of there little street bars and see if there are any "Guanacas" (El Salvadorean women) that are to your liking! Also, you can't beat Nicaragua for the most incredible gfe's on the PLANET!

Curfew law in the DR? Roadblocks, searches? Sounds real bad, :( but there are plenty of other options for your monger $$.

You should consider changing your attitude .........and your latitude! :)

cheers mates............

Helpmann
08-02-06, 22:36
The fact that things are real dicey in the DR right now isn't going to bother me or any of my bud's at all. The only people that its going to effect are those "one trick pony's" that don't know how to do anything but click on the JFK to POP or JFK to SDQ flight button on Travelocity.

I have criticized them on this board for years. Exchange rate is 55 to 1, they go to the DR. Exchange rate plummets to 32 to 1, they suck it up and still go to the DR anyway. No imagination. No pelotas!....If you like 18 year-old pussy, nothing is easier and cheaper than JFK->SDQ. 3 hours and 300 dollars.

-Helpmann :)

Ford
08-02-06, 22:56
I know that you are right Helpmann, and I'm not flaming the regular NYC to SDQ or POP travelers, its just at times I think these guys have become too provincial. They don't realize that there are many great latin-american destinations in this hemisphere and they should experience as many as they can!

With gas prices thru the roof, and with us all keeping an eye on our wallets its real hard to beat the DR if you are traveling from the northeast.

However, things are very tense in the DR right now. I have information from one of my mates who is currently in Sosua that this entire "crack-down" by Fernandez is nothing more than a lightly veiled effort to end prostitution in the entire country!

These curfew laws could very well end Sosua as we know it!

This may well be the perfect time to try that other country that you've been thinking about for sometime but have yet to pull the trigger on making the trip.

at least that's my opinion.

cheers..............

Helpmann
08-02-06, 23:47
I know that you are right Helpmann, and I'm not flaming the regular NYC to SDQ or POP travelers, its just at times I think these guys have become too provincial. They don't realize that there are many great latin-american destinations in this hemisphere and they should experience as many as they can!

With gas prices thru the roof, and with us all keeping an eye on our wallets its real hard to beat the DR if you are traveling from the northeast.

However, things are very tense in the DR right now. I have information from one of my mates who is currently in Sosua that this entire "crack-down" by Fernandez is nothing more than a lightly veiled effort to end prostitution in the entire country!

These curfew laws could very well end Sosua as we know it!

This may well be the perfect time to try that other country that you've been thinking about for sometime but have yet to pull the trigger on making the trip.

at least that's my opinion.

cheers..............
I agree. It's hard to break old habits and people owe it to themselves to try something new. Nevertheless, sometimes I wish I lived in South Florida. Unlike, New York (and most of the US), Miami has a lot of relatively inexpensive direct flights to exotic Latin American locations.

Cheers!
Helpmann :)

Fantasy
08-03-06, 05:02
The meeting held today at Casa Marina Resort in Sosua held many surprises. It was thought that it would be a forum for bar owners to plead their case that this resort area should not be included. The gov informed them that the law was in place and being inforced primarily for Sosua and Boca Chica. They stated that they were going to take back these two cities from the drug dealers and prostitutes and return it to the high tax paying all inclusive resorts. Reliable sources tell me that the beach stalls which have been the object of discussion for years are next on the chopping block.
There are two groups of europeans in sosua offering all the girls of any quality a three month contract to ***** in other countries. The latest curfew is making their offer much more appealing for these girls. i have also heard of three seperate incidents in the last ten days where gringos were searched and a small amount of drugs were found. in all cases, they were released after paying a hefty fine on the spot. This shit sucks!

Ford
08-04-06, 00:02
Thanks Fantasy.

To the board: Fantasy was the guy who gave me the information on Sosua, I didn't want to present it as if it were my own.

Thanks buddy for checking in.

Fantasy
08-04-06, 05:56
For those of us who would rather get back to your place and experience a true "tota la noche", the curfew is working in our favor. Most of you who know me, know i am not a big drinker, but love long nightly sessions. The girls have a very short window of oppurtunity now to get hooked up. this is resulting in much better pricing. Some of you younger studs may love dancing the night away, and drinking until daylight in the disco, but i love the idea of returning to my "cave" with my 18 year old catch for the evening. Not being cheap, but a couple presidentes in your apt is a far cry from what most of these girls would have been drinking in the clubs. This just might work after all.

Fantasy
08-04-06, 06:12
crazysunny69,

Ford has had my back at 3 am in dark alleys in many cities in Colombia, and all over Latin America in the last five years. His 700+ opinions and experiences shared on this board are crucial and priceless. He has always respected everyone elses views on this board, and in prerson. Flaming him will not win you the election! I trust i am not alone on this........................

PlatinumCastle
08-07-06, 18:29
The meeting held today at Casa Marina Resort in Sosua held many surprises. It was thought that it would be a forum for bar owners to plead their case that this resort area should not be included. The gov informed them that the law was in place and being inforced primarily for Sosua and Boca Chica. They stated that they were going to take back these two cities from the drug dealers and prostitutes and return it to the high tax paying all inclusive resorts. Reliable sources tell me that the beach stalls which have been the object of discussion for years are next on the chopping block.

There are two groups of europeans in sosua offering all the girls of any quality a three month contract to ***** in other countries. The latest curfew is making their offer much more appealing for these girls. i have also heard of three seperate incidents in the last ten days where gringos were searched and a small amount of drugs were found. in all cases, they were released after paying a hefty fine on the spot. This shit sucks!I don't tend to go out at night much because the party is at the spot. But I was out one night on my way to my girls house and there was a roadblock and they almost searched the car and there was a baby in the car, I mean it was packed. They ended up letting us go, but I haven't been out at night since and after reading this, I like the TpC's chances, and you know this man. What up Fantasy! Holla atcha boy.

TpC

Billy Sardell
08-10-06, 03:46
Hello fellow board members -

This will be my first trip to the DR. I'll be there for a total of 11 days and I got this incredibly cheap deal on Spirit Air into Punta Cana and I was hoping I could get some guidance from some of the other more experienced board members.

My questions are:

1) Will the current government crackdown still be a problem in October? I'm hoping I can still have some fun with ladies at that time.

2) As a single male traveller, is there any reason to stay in Punta Cana other than lounging poolside at an all-inclusive resort, drinking myself silly all day? From what I've been reading, it seems like the area is more geared for couples and families and might be a little on the boring side to someone like myself.

3) What is the best way to get out of Punta Cana and head to the more fun areas without breaking the bank? I'd like to get to Boca Chica for a couple of days, then maybe head up to the capital for a night or two and then up to the northern beaches like Sosua and Cabarete. I've been seeing taxi rates advertised at $150+ from Punta Cana into the SDQ area!!! Maybe I should just rent a car? Travelocity tells me I can get a Hyundai for about $30 per day. Is there any good public transportation in the DR? I'm accustomed to the Philippines where you can travel on very decent air-conditioned buses that show movies for incredibly cheap prices. I think I spent about 2 dollars one time for a comfortable 4-hour bus ride out of Manila.

4) Is there a way to meet any of the local ladies online to set something up for myself upon arrival. I know of a few ways to do this with the girls of the PI and it's kind of nice knowing you have something waiting for you when you get off the plane rather than having to start up the hunt right out of the gate.

5) What prices should I expect to pay? I am primarily interested in overnight GFEs. I guess the prices will depend upon the location. I know Blackbeards and Santo Domingo will be a little higher than the rest but if I could get some ranges to expect, that would help. I don't want to be fooled as a newbie and then overpay as that would only lead to price inflation for everyone else down the road.

6) If the crackdown is still in effect in mid-October, should a monger like myself just bypass Boca Chica and Sosua completely and head to someplace else like Blackbeard's for some fun? From what I've been reading, maybe this whole crackdown thing is being paid for by the all-inclusives that are hoping they'll get more business once all the small independent establishments are run out of business? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance for any of your replies.

Bill

Mister
08-10-06, 21:12
Hi Billy,

Many always get suckered into flying and staying into Punta Cana due to the initial low price of a vacation, but later find out that they will end up paying more each time to bring back a guest (sometimes around $60USD each time) to register them at the all inclusive resort and then they get the "look" since they will be surrounded by the married and old couples. You will most likely be in your 30s or 40s or even 50s with a HOT 18-21yo girl and to them, this is just horrible and they'll most likely frown upon you for doing so. In summary, skip the all inclusive places.

Look into Caribe Tours. The website is www.caribetours.com.do for your future reference. They offer the air conditioned buses to get you from Santo Domingo to Sosua - well, actually, they drop you off right outside of Sosua in a town just 5 minutes away from Sosua called Los Charamicos. The bus ride is about 4-5 hours and will cost you about $9USD one way - if I remember the pricing correctly. Again, visit the website for accurate time tables, pricing, etc.

Renting a small vehicle as you mentioned for $30 a day may do it for the watchful and careful expert D.R. drivers, but not for me. The roads are horrible and one pot hole at 60+ MPH can literally bust your tire and dent it leaving you stranded for quite some time. The smaller vehicles are also not suitable for off road trips through the mountains where it's all dirt, rock, and so on. Consider renting a SUV like a CRV or a Montero instead.

Crackdown? What crackdown? You mean the newest ley banning the sale of alcohol after midnight? Big deal - this just means that you start the party a lot sooner like at 8 or 9pm instead of at midnight each night and get a true TLN experience. Btw, this new ley should be changing soon so the rumor goes.

Read my reports on my latest Sosua/POP adventure at http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=492897&postcount=312 and Part II at http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=492903&postcount=313

Enjoy!

P.s. Ford and others, what did I leave out?

Terry U
08-11-06, 05:40
First off, Leonel appears to be serious about the crackdown on crime, thereby shutting discos earlier in the night.

There is action outside of your resort in Punta Cana, any cab driver, sankie, or whoever can point you towards putas from Higuey, La Romana, & Bavaro. Boca Chica is a far enough trip just for One Day, but there is a bus that can take you all the way towards Boca Chica & the Capital, but you better you reserve a room in BC if you make the journey.

Forget about travelling to Sosua, its too far from Punta Cana, not worth it if you are going up there to just get laid. Don't rent a car!!! If you get into an accident and can't "speaki spanish" you are guilty and they will detain you until its settled out, trust me!! You are a gringo, so you will always be guillty. Stay in the Punta Cana, remember that most of the putas from Boca Chica are actually from San Pedro, Hato Mayor, La Romana and Bavaro areas.

Enjoy

Michigan Guy
08-11-06, 19:34
Thanks for all your input and help in my recent trip down to the Dominican Republic. I enjoyed myself immensely and since I only visited chica's in La Romano, I'll publish my story in that thread.

Again thanks for everything, I met a lot of very nice people in DR and look forward to the next trip.

Mike

Fabien
08-11-06, 22:04
Hi,

I'm coming to Sosua soon and I could use some tips such as where to find a good variety of chicas(street names would be great). I'd also love to know how much I should look forward to paying. I'm 18, have OK looks, speak fluent Spanish. It would also be great if I could get into contact with other mongers while I'm there. Some more questions:

Can you pay in euros?

How many ppl live in Sosua exactly?

Are there enough girls there per customers to go around? (supply and demand determines price lol)

What are the typical turn-ons and turn-offs of the girls there(apart from the money paid)?

Is it possible to have Toda la noche outside of the hotel I'm staying in?

Any tips on finding them at the beach or in bars?

Are preservatives easy to find? Is there a high infection rate for STDs?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Mister
08-12-06, 00:34
fabien,

i'm happy for you that you are taking this special trip to sosua and the promise land. good for you!

now to help answer some of your questions:
1. in sosua, try walking the beaches and/or sitting at one of the bars/restaurants along the beach to chica watch around 2pm daily. call the chica of your liking over and talk it up. also hit the bars all along pedro clisante, the main drag, while in sosua. four roses and plaza allegria are my favorite spots. do the same as on the beach.

2. the pay off: some have this strict rule of paying no more than 1,000-1,500 pesos for short time and 1,500-2,000 pesos for tln. use your own judgement on this one. this is just a rough and general guideline. if you think the chica is worth the 2,500+ pesos for tln, then go for it! just make sure to have everything cleared up before taking her back with you. for example, how many pops, length of time, what's included, picture taking, etc.

3. better off exchanging your euros to pesos while in town. you can do this at any of the banks but you have to wait in line and will need your passport or you can change money at the local exchange houses or on the street. just be aware of what the going rate is for the euro so you dont get ripped off anywhere.

4. how many people live in sosua? i'd guess 1,000-5,000. i don't know. next one. it is a tourist town though where 90% of the business are all owned by canadians, germans, etc.

5. yes, the ratio is easily 25 to 1, however, of these 25, how many would you actually like to spend time with is the real important question!

6. chicas sometimes get turned off by [CodeWord101] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord101), you talking to every girl that passes by or when you look at other girls when she is already sitting with you, etc. some dont like you to video them or take photos of them either. better ask before hand to avoid any drama. some also hate it when you take longer than expected. again, make sure you specify length of time, what's included, etc., prior to taking her with you!

7. yes, at her place or at a nearby short term hotel. one is called calypso. you may also decide to rent a cheap room in town just for this as well.

8. tips for hunting: yes, read above and in my posted link below.

9. bring your own condoms down. you can also buy durex condoms in the pharmacies and some small grocery stores in town. a 3 pack is 80 pesos.

read my reports on my latest sosua/pop adventure at 492897 and part ii at 492903

enjoy!

enjoy!

hi,

i'm coming to sosua soon and i could use some tips such as where to find a good variety of chicas(street names would be great). i'd also love to know how much i should look forward to paying. i'm 18, have ok looks, speak fluent spanish. it would also be great if i could get into contact with other mongers while i'm there. some more questions:

can you pay in euros?

how many ppl live in sosua exactly?

are there enough girls there per customers to go around? (supply and demand determines price lol)

what are the typical turn-ons and turn-offs of the girls there(apart from the money paid)?

is it possible to have toda la noche outside of the hotel i'm staying in?

any tips on finding them at the beach or in bars?

are preservatives easy to find? is there a high infection rate for stds?

thanks in advance for any advice given.

Therickster
08-14-06, 00:33
Thanks to you guys for the advice. I have now booked my flight to DR and will arrive on 24th Aug. I'm heading for Boca Chica to start with and then might move on from there dependant on how I get on.

If anyone fancies a beer and a chat please let me know.

Ford
08-14-06, 13:31
The population of Sosua is 12,000 residents.

Everything else Mister has "dead on".

In my book, he is the authority on everything related to Sosua on this board!

Happy to see you're still a regular contributor, Mister NYC! :)

cheers..............

MrLogan1979
08-14-06, 20:23
Ok guys,

I was about to book a flight AA--from Chicago to SDQ airport to travel beginnning of Nov. 2006 for about $390.00 (including taxes) from priceline pre-London airport terrorist plot (about August 6th). I didn't reserve because was looking at other deals. Now I go today to priceline same flight is $465.00--YIKES--help me guys, I know its only 75 dollars difference but that could be used for an extra day of fun--so for all you seasoned travelers to SD tell should I book now or wait about a month-- dont know how to judge the effects of this terrorist crap, I dont know when is High/Low season in the Caribbean but I am guessing High season ends about end Aug/early Sep.--please help--I have time on my side--exptected travel is beginning of Nov--and DEFINITELY b4 Thanksgiving--Thanks a bunch guys. Cant wait for Boca Chica.

Fabien
08-14-06, 21:12
I promise to leave my own report (after having read all yours) when I get back. If I had a Digi, I'd bring back some photos too. Aw well.

Eventually as I get older, I'll start bringing them in (I love this forum! Don't ever change!).

Terry U
08-15-06, 00:07
Ok guys,

I was about to book a flight AA--from Chicago to SDQ airport to travel beginnning of Nov. 2006 for about $390.00 (including taxes) from priceline pre-London airport terrorist plot (about August 6th). I didn't reserve because was looking at other deals. Now I go today to priceline same flight is $465.00--YIKES--help me guys, I know its only 75 dollars difference but that could be used for an extra day of fun--so for all you seasoned travelers to SD tell should I book now or wait about a month-- dont know how to judge the effects of this terrorist crap, I dont know when is High/Low season in the Caribbean but I am guessing High season ends about end Aug/early Sep.--please help--I have time on my side--exptected travel is beginning of Nov--and DEFINITELY b4 Thanksgiving--Thanks a bunch guys. Cant wait for Boca Chica.Go to several websites like expedia and compare which airlines is offering the best deals, then go to the airlines website to finalize the deal. The prices always are lower after labor to about Dec. 14th (skipping Thanksgiving of course)

Ford
08-15-06, 01:54
Ok guys,

I was about to book a flight AA--from Chicago to SDQ airport to travel beginnning of Nov. 2006 for about $390.00 (including taxes) from priceline pre-London airport terrorist plot (about August 6th). I didn't reserve because was looking at other deals. Now I go today to priceline same flight is $465.00--YIKES--help me guys, I know its only 75 dollars difference but that could be used for an extra day of fun--so for all you seasoned travelers to SD tell should I book now or wait about a month-- dont know how to judge the effects of this terrorist crap, I dont know when is High/Low season in the Caribbean but I am guessing High season ends about end Aug/early Sep.--please help--I have time on my side--exptected travel is beginning of Nov--and DEFINITELY b4 Thanksgiving--Thanks a bunch guys. Cant wait for Boca Chica.

What exactly do you mean High season? You mean high priced season? Prices are highest in el invierno (the winter). Best deals can be found in the caribbean in the summer May to September because its "beastly" hot down there and pleasant up in Chicago and NYC.

Try www.aa.com. Don't just rely on Priceline or Travelocity, all these websites are competing for discount airfares, they don't always have the same prices. Even for the same flight/same seat.

I just got a price on aa.com for $440 from Chicago to SDQ flying down on 11/6 and returning 11/13.

cheers.................

Fantasy
08-15-06, 01:57
Ford,

What else does your book have to say?

Ford
08-15-06, 01:58
Ford,

What else does your book have to say?

uh......that "Fantasy" is the other authority on everything about Sosua on this board? :D

(didn't mean to snub you)

Papi0170
08-15-06, 02:10
Hi Member #2128!

You said to fly into SD and fly back home out of POP. I would like to know if there are extra charges for flying out from a different airport. Please let me know. Thanks

Papi0170

Hey Rickster,

Be a sport. On your first trip go to both---north and south!

Fly into SD in the south. Spend a day or two getting your "feet" wet. Hop over to BC in 30 minutes. Spend a day or two. Then take the 3-4 hour ride north on an air-conditioned bus to Sosua and spend a few days there. Then fly back home out of POP. There's your week.

If you have less than a week, IMHO go to the north for a quickie. These days, there's more bang for your buck there, at least from my recent experiences in all three places. Also, as everyone will tell you, not speaking ANY Spanish is going to limit you wherever you go!

The Dominicanas are pure sweethearts, except for those (30-50%) who aren't, and will ask you for more money than you agreed upon and not let it go, or pester you for $$$ every time they see you. In my experience of several weeks, it never got much worse than that.

Have a good time!

Fantasy
08-15-06, 22:00
OK, Now i will send your shirt! (lol)

Ford
08-16-06, 05:41
Hi Member #2128!

You said to fly into SD and fly back home out of POP. I would like to know if there are extra charges for flying out from a different airport. Please let me know. Thanks

Papi0170

Hey Papi,

There are not always additional charges. I just plugged in some dates on www.aa.com and got a round-trip price from JFK to SDQ of $416 and a round-trip price from JFK to SDQ and returning from POP for $406.

The recommendation I would make would be to skip BC on the south coast and spend your entire trip in SDQ. Quality is much better, and you'll have the opportunity to make love to beautiful women in 1st class accomodations.

Something you can't do in BC.

However, I am speaking from the perspective of having traveled to SDQ for many years now, never having been a big fan of BC and for the most part - being fluent in Spanish. That might effect your decision. #2128 is correct, w/o solid Spanish ability you will find yourself handicapped everywhere in the Dominican Republic.

cheers................:)

Billy Sardell
08-17-06, 05:44
Ok everything I've read on this board tells me to get out of Punta Cana as soon as I land. I arrive at 1:30pm on a Tuesday. I got a ridiculously low airfare so I can't complain but from now on I'll only fly into SDQ or POP. Ok, how do I get from Punta Cana to Boca Chica without spending mucho dinero on a taxi? After Boca Chica for a couple of days, I will make my way to Sosua and then on to Cabarete and then back to Punta Cana for my flight back to the states. Should I bus it all the way back to Punta Cana or try to fly from POP to PUJ?

Griot
08-17-06, 18:08
It sounds like you will be busing it with the distances you are talking. Maybe a taxi from BC to SDQ. No one around here will really reccomend a rental car, but it is a options if you can drive confortable in a environment roughly 5 times worst than NYC driving without any rules of the road. There are risk associated if you have an accident. I here there is a small airline that flyes amoungst the DR airports that may be an option also.

I drove to Punta Cana and found NOTHING but resorts. I will not fly into there unless I am desperate. I was very disappointed (not with the airport It is cute!). Your plane may be bigger. You will not get the airfares into SDQ that you get into Punta Cana, so expect to pay maybe a little over a $100 US dollars more.

It sounds like you will be in the DR for a week or 2 , Enjoy.

Griot

Ok everything I've read on this board tells me to get out of Punta Cana as soon as I land. I arrive at 1:30pm on a Tuesday. I got a ridiculously low airfare so I can't complain but from now on I'll only fly into SDQ or POP. Ok, how do I get from Punta Cana to Boca Chica without spending mucho dinero on a taxi? After Boca Chica for a couple of days, I will make my way to Sosua and then on to Cabarete and then back to Punta Cana for my flight back to the states. Should I bus it all the way back to Punta Cana or try to fly from POP to PUJ?

Tony1739
08-18-06, 16:16
Hello to all that come to this site and give great info. I'm pretty new here but I want to know if there are going to be any other people traveling to Sosua. Me and bro will be there Sept 1st to Sept 10th and we plan on having fun, so if anyone else is going to be down there please let us know.

Also one more question if I may. What is everyones opinion about car insurance in DR, do you pay for it or not? I would appreciate any info thanks.

Mister
08-18-06, 16:51
What is everyones opinion about car insurance in DR, do you pay for it or not? ...

Let's put it this way... Your credit card company may offer you some car rental insurance, but not full coverage. For example, if you total the car, some credit card companies will pay up to $50,000USD for damages to your car rental BUT NOTHING FOR the damages you may have caused to the other vehicle, property, etc. If your credit card company offers car rental insurance and you find yourself in a wreck, it may take them days to get the claim paid and guess where you might be staying during this waiting period? In jail most likely. Most car rental agencies will put you in jail to make sure that you don't flee the country without paying. On the other hand, some car rental agencies will be happy if you just paid the deduct. on the rental. Be warned though: Read the contract in its entirety and note what the deduct. is. It may be as high as $3,000 USD.

I'd rent from the airport and get all the insurance - liability - theft, etc - available having said all this.

Yanqui69
08-18-06, 23:07
I'd rent from the airport and get all the insurance - liability - theft, etc - available having said all this.

Definitely have insurance. I will risk the credit card for the car (and have had to use it!) and get liability from the company. Worth the security.

Personally, I make reservations online with the national companies at the airport. That way, you have a reputable bunch to deal with (as I said, I had to use the credit card insurance, the rental company provided my credit card with all the necessary claims info).

yanqui69

Member #3437
12-06-06, 18:00
Whats up to all the oldtimers from Sosua? BB, Fantasy, etc?

Anyway, any of you guys going to be in Sosua or PP in January? I am doing 5 days in the sewer from 1-5 to 1-10, and would love to hook up with my old buddies.

Anyone going to be around?

Orgasm Donor
12-09-06, 20:46
I am going to Santo Domingo next week. My first trip. How far is it to Santiago? I got some numbers of some chicas there, but debating whether it is worth the trip. how much by taxi? bus? plane? I am not up on the lay of the land in DR yet... thanks guys..

OD

BoricuaOnline
12-09-06, 20:49
I am going to Santo Domingo next week. My first trip. How far is it to Santiago? I got some numbers of some chicas there, but debating whether it is worth the trip. how much by taxi? bus? plane? I am not up on the lay of the land in DR yet... thanks guys..

OD

Take Metro or Caribe buses, 2 h 30 m of travel, an amount similar to 8 dollars. Nice big A/C buses with bath and space for luggage.

Gas6459
12-12-06, 22:20
Regarding car rental and insurance; I rent every time and always get the full coverage and one time my rentals' transmission went almost completely dead and the windshield cracked on the way back to the airport, I was terrified but left the car at the AVIS lot at SDQ airport before it even opened in that condition, and never heard anything about it! Get insurance coverage.

Supertigre
12-13-06, 01:15
I am thinking about going to the DR at the end of august but worry about the the weather being hurricane season. Also how hard will it be to find women in bad weather. Do any other people give me an idea of what to expect.If there is a direct hit by a hurricane, then all bets are off, but the north coast is much less vulnerable to hurricanes than the south coast, partly because it is sheltered by mountains, but also because most hurricanes seem to track along the south coast past DR, Haiti, Cuba, and Jamaica.

You can still find women in bad weather.

Score77
12-13-06, 07:18
Last year I was in SD. When you get to customs do you have to pay a local fee and get a slip from a booth on the side before proceeding to customs?

Thanks,

Jay

Member #3437
12-15-06, 15:39
Regarding car rental and insurance; I rent every time and always get the full coverage and one time my rentals' transmission went almost completely dead and the windshield cracked on the way back to the airport, I was terrified but left the car at the AVIS lot at SDQ airport before it even opened in that condition, and never heard anything about it! Get insurance coverage. And I would tell you the opposite. But first the story.

Several years ago I was in a rental car of Gypsies and got fucking creamed by the Sosua car wash by some asshole resort transporter in a van. Frankly, I was lucky I didn't get killed. As it was, I had two cracked ribs, glass in my eye, cuts, etc. As I was turning off the main drag at the car wash, a van loaded with tourists tried to pass me on the right and just annihilated my car, pushing me all the way into the car wash. I knew I was hit when all the glass exploded in my face and the door came crashing into my side. I sat there for a minute, then I got out, and the guy starts yelling as I notice every dominican at the car wash, about 100 of them, are running for my car. I am certain they hoped I was dead or unconscious so they could rob the body and contents of the car, but when they discovered that 1) the gringo wasn't dead and 2) he spoke spanish and 3) wasn't intimidated by the other driver's demands for money and threatening behavior, they actually were kind of on my side. Typical dominican behavior. They probably thought they could 'sell me' advice or something. Anyway, I told the other driver that he was an asshole for trying to pass me on the right, and that he needed to give me money. He insisted I pay him, so I took out my cell and said, 'lets let the police decide who pays' and he RAN back to his smashed van and took off with a load of fat confused tourists looking at me as they passed by. What he didn't know was I had no idea how to call the police on a Dominican phone. But I digress. He left and I got in the car, dragging car parts and limped down to the police station at about 2 miles per hour and made a report. I triumpantly told them I got the guy's tag number, and the cop laughed and told me that the car already had a different tag on it and to forget it.

Back to the damage part. First, a plug for Gypsy. I called her and she delivered a new car to me immediately and was concerned for my well being. She as always was a class act.

Anyway, as always I had rejected the damage waiver coverage and had charged the car on my platinum credit card. THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO. If you get in an accident, you get a police report, and all documentation from the card company, and they charge the damage on your credit card when you turn the car in. The damage was suprisingly low (I vaguely remember 1900 dollars) because the cost of labor is so cheap.

When you get home, you file a claim, and they send you a check. "They" is not the credit card company, but a third party insurance company that the credit card company farms out the coverage to. This is included in most top end credit cards. While it is certainly more convenient to pay for the extra coverage, you are really just paying for convienence. If you have a good credit card (platinum, gold) with protection and a big limit, don't waste your money.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Member #3437
12-15-06, 16:26
Did I say "pass on the right"

Sigh.

The guy passed me on the left, hitting the driver's door when I turned at the car wash. Sorry I screwed up the story.

Usboys
12-16-06, 00:25
Hello forum,

I am going to DR in early January does anyone know about this hotel.

Property Name: Barcelo Lina
Address: Av. Maximo Gomez, Santa Domingo, DO

James Bowen
12-24-06, 13:07
I've been more or less all over Asia and figured it was time for a change. I'm planning a trip to the DR in mid-March for a little under a week and have never been there before. I've heard great things about Blackbeards and was considering staying there. Any suggestions on other places to stay and/or things and places to see and do?

Willynme
12-28-06, 03:45
Be there Feb 14 thru Feb 18 for good times to be had. The conde is awesome and Boca Chica for the beach in the daytime. Anyone being there for hookup would be great---cafe for beer and chica watching and great food---let me know. I am from cinci and speak spanish so-so. 44yo easy going dude--just dumped chica so I am solo this time and looking forward.

Crossfire1
01-05-07, 02:33
Making that trip to Sosua 15th-21st of Feb. I'm not sure if I'm staying in Sosua or Cabarete. I don't like the run down hotels and since I rent a car when I'm in town I don't see the need to Stay in Sosewer. If anyone is in town shoot me a PM maybe we can have a drink at La Passion, as this is always my first stop when I'm in town.

Long Stroker
01-06-07, 07:28
During the 3rd or 4th week in January, I'm planning to make my first trip to the DR. I'm no stranger to Latin American mongering (Nicaragua, Honduras, Cuba, and Peru.) But I have read with much trepidation the recent reports about the death of the DR as a prime destination. I can only hope, to paraphrase Mark Twain, that these reports are somewhat premature.

My plan is to lean heavy on the semi-pros and maybe even some non-pros. My Spanish is decent and I've discovered the benefit of having friendly conversations with random chicas. I had some superb success in Peru with regular girls, but then, I was there for over a month. I have only 6 days to spare currently, which is why I chose DR as opposed to some place further away. That, and JetBlue's kick-ass fares.

Since I'm flying into Santiago, my plan is to do 1 or 2 days in Puerto Plata / Sousa and check out the scene. Definately visit La Passion and maybe visit Classicos. See what's up there. From reading the posts in Sousa it appears that overpaying Gringos have fucked up the pussy market beyond all repair? I've decided that there's no need for me to wallow in the despair that 3,000 peso fuck-sessions would bring me. Of course I have the scratch to spare, but I don't monger in a 3rd world country to pay $100 for snatch. But who am I to judge - to each his own I guess. Snap a couple of pics of me at the beach and I'm off.

Maybe hit a carwash or 2 in Santiago, try to find some talent. Also, I've got some fishes on the line with Match.com Latinoamerica. We'll see if they bite. Then it's off to the interior to visit La Vega or maybe Bonao. Roughguide Dominican Republic says there isn't a decent hotel to be found in all of La Vega - what's up with that?

RockHound74
01-07-07, 22:11
I was planning on booking a trip to blackbeards in March also.

Jetblue - $300
I was going to rent a car to get there so I can look around and not be tied down by taxis - $100

2 nights at BB and one night in STI the night before the flight. - $150.

Some CHICAS - $500 - that pays for a ton of fun.

For $1000 I can have a ton of fun and that is cheaper than heading to Vegas and getting only 1 chica for an hour. I cannot wait!!!!

I've been more or less all over Asia and figured it was time for a change. I'm planning a trip to the DR in mid-March for a little under a week and have never been there before. I've heard great things about Blackbeards and was considering staying there. Any suggestions on other places to stay and/or things and places to see and do?

JP Yank
01-07-07, 23:45
I will going to Blackbeards from Mar 7-11. If anyone else is there during that time let me know. Would like to set up a big party either in Jacuzzi or perhaps a lingerie party in the upstairs bar.

Ponderosa
01-08-07, 03:10
Looks like it's travel announcement day so I will throw my hat in the ring. I will be down Feb. 11th to the 16th flying into POP. The first 3 days at least will be at Barba Negras (Blackbeards) and Sosua or elsewhere for the remaining days. I will have wheels if that helps.

JP, sorry to just miss you, but I will say hi to Ellie for ya. I would have loved to be at the lingerie show you are planning.

Crossfire, maybe we can hook up on the 15th and tip a few Presedente's.

Hope to see some of you there, pm me or post to get together.

Oh yea, Go Bucks!

Alew217
01-29-07, 04:25
Finally made the decision to travel after hearing all those great stories about hot chicas in SD. I will be traveling on 13 March for 10 days. I am trying not to screw up too bad. Seems I want a hotel close to Zona Colonial area. Can anyone tell me about Hotel Mercure? I can get good rates there and most of all? Are they girl friendly! I really need to know this before I book my plans.

Thanks a million,

Alew217

BoricuaOnline
01-29-07, 23:19
Finally made the decision to travel after hearing all those great stories about hot chicas in SD. I will be traveling on 13 March for 10 days. I am trying not to screw up too bad. Seems I want a hotel close to Zona Colonial area. Can anyone tell me about Hotel Mercure? I can get good rates there and most of all? Are they girl friendly! I really need to know this before I book my plans.

Thanks a million,

Alew217

This hotel was the one I used last December. I paid an internet only fare of 50 dollars for a double with breakfast for 2, if you are alone it is going to be 44 dollars. Taxes and exchange rate can add 30% to the prices shown above. Absolutely girl friendly, but you have to pay 8 dollars per visit you receive.

Third World
01-30-07, 00:55
Me And My Team At Bb's April 24th-30th, Hope To See Some Of You Guys There!

Alew217
02-02-07, 03:21
This hotel was the one I used last December. I paid an internet only fare of 50 dollars for a double with breakfast for 2, if you are alone it is going to be 44 dollars. Taxes and exchange rate can add 30% to the prices shown above. Absolutely girl friendly, but you have to pay 8 dollars per visit you receive.Damn $8 buck each girl could get expensive LOL My plans are at least 3 a day there. What hotel would you suggest thats near enough to Colonial zone area? Do all hotels charge a fee?

Thanks,

Lew217

Score77
02-08-07, 06:52
I am going to be in DR next month at the Jaragua Hotel. I am staying in the Garden View rooms out back. Is it easy to bring Chicas to those rooms?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jay

PS.. I have been to SD 2 times last year but stayed at the Hilton. No problem there.

Bob Belez
02-10-07, 01:01
Those of you who remember the old Mountainview hotel (ungly chicas, very loud music until 4 am, etc.) will be glad to know that the hotel has re-opened under new management. They will offer members all rooms for $30 per night (tax included) and will be "chica friendly".. Rooms were suppose to go for $30 on up plus tax per night. Hotel has been completely renovated to include rooms, baths, AC, hot water and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. If making reservations make sure you indicate you are a member of ISG, etc. Those who are planning to be in POP for Easter weekend and spend some time on the new beach in POP-had best make your reservations early.

Xdentx
02-10-07, 20:45
I'm flying into POP Feb. 23 and staying at the Europa for 7 nights. I'm an older guy and generally fly solo, but would like to have a beer with some of the guys and share some info. Have been reading the boards for some time now and think I know what to expect. PM me.

Alew217
02-13-07, 04:08
This place sounds great.

What city is it in?

Those of you who remember the old Mountainview hotel (ungly chicas, very loud music until 4 am, etc.) will be glad to know that the hotel has re-opened under new management. They will offer members all rooms for $30 per night (tax included) and will be "chica friendly".. Rooms were suppose to go for $30 on up plus tax per night. Hotel has been completely renovated to include rooms, baths, AC, hot water and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. If making reservations make sure you indicate you are a member of ISG, etc. Those who are planning to be in POP for Easter weekend and spend some time on the new beach in POP-had best make your reservations early.

Fred24
02-13-07, 23:26
I will be in SD the same time you are, from tomorrow thru the 19th. Mention a location and place and I'll look for you. I could sure use some spanish-speaking help.

Fred24
02-13-07, 23:54
For that matter, this is my first trip to DR, so if there are any hangouts with fellow Americans or expatriates who can help me out, I'd appreciate it. My spanish is very limited and, other than the info on this board, I'm flying fairly blind on this one. My tentative plan is a lot like willynme's, BC in the daytime and evenings around the Zona Colonial, though I'm keeping it flexible. I'm staying at the Mercure but paid a little more to be able to cancel if I decide I'd rather be somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yanqui69
02-14-07, 00:43
This place sounds great.

What city is it in?

Puerto Plata. You could get the location from its website, or any cabbie could take you.

Willynme
02-14-07, 01:34
I will be in SD the same time you are, from tomorrow thru the 19th. Mention a location and place and I'll look for you. I could sure use some spanish-speaking help.I will be at the napolitano--I hope--flights are rough right now in cinci. I have a friend there a local and we are hooking up on Thursday. I am just packing now and was ready a moment ago to drive to louiville to get the heck outa here, but so far my flight is still good. Where are you coming from? I usually like to go to the restaurant at the conde de penalba which is right next door to the mercure to the left on the park--good food with a view of all the chicas. I stayed at the mercure last time and liked it. Wanted to have a pool this time so I would not have temptation to go to boca chica, cause all the honeys are in santo. I am suposed to arrive about 3 tomorrow and I may well be eating at the conde de penalba at about 6 if all goes well. I am 6 ft blonde hair shoulder length, turning 45 tomorrow. Average build. Last time I was there not to many blonde guys around so maybe you can spot me. Let me know what you look like and I will keep an eye out for ya.

Troubadour
02-14-07, 01:36
Fred I tried to PM you but it says you cannot accept them.Let me know where you will be hanging out on a specific day.I´ve been here for awhile and my spanish is pretty decent. Am a 46 yr old Canadian who is staying very close to El Conde. Am here solo so it might be fun to hook up with someone and I'm sure I can help you talk to the chicas.

Fred24
02-15-07, 15:59
Thanks for your replies. After spending SEVEN HOURS in the plane in nyc yesterday before finally taking off, and three in the terminal before that, I'm still feeling cagey, and of course didn't get to check the forum until now. I'm in the Mercure now and am about to go exploring for the first time. I'd love to meet up with you guys, but as you pointed out I don't have PM privileges at this time. I will check the Conde de Penalba around 6 tonight. I am about 5'7 and have salt and pepper hair down to my shoulders, so I should be easy to spot too. Hope to catch you guys!

Long Stroker
02-16-07, 08:16
Damn, Fred. Was this you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/weather_jetblue

It looks like you've got a free round-trip flight coming to you, though.

Long Stroker
02-19-07, 05:34
I just saw in the news that JetBlue is still canceling flights into Monday, Feb 19th, to recover from this past weekend's debacle. I hope they get their shit together - I fly down in less than 2 weeks.

Germano123
02-19-07, 08:54
I will be in Santo Domingo for the first time.

Don't know the exact date, because I still have to buy the flight.

Will be there from the end of February till end of March.

Any recommendations for a hotel or apartment?

Would appreciate.

I would like to meet some of you guys and to take a beer and exchange experience. Was in Venezuela and Brasil before, but have known girl in Santo Domingo over internet.

Penga
02-26-07, 22:49
Is anyone planning to be there around that time? Let me know. I haven't been there and this will be my first time.

Olap
03-06-07, 14:33
I will be there. Anybody else during this time?

Plan to visit:

El Bohem
Cristal
Mountainview
Santiago
Sosua

Olap
03-06-07, 14:40
Trip confirmed - anybody wants to hook up?

Blue Vette
03-07-07, 00:14
Olap, looks like I am just missing you. I will arrive there Mar 22. I think Travelor04 will be there while you are though.

Pjyanks
03-09-07, 21:50
I am going to Blackbeards next month and I want to know what the going rates are over there.

Ponderosa
03-09-07, 23:50
I just pulled the trigger and made reservations for my trip to the PP area 4/25-30. I will be at BB's for the most part and see the bikini contest. It was pretty full at BB's already and I got closed out for the night of the 29th there.

I think I saw Third World will be down there then (look me up). Anybody else, let me know and we can share stories and a few Presidentes.

Third World
03-10-07, 00:01
Hope to see some of you guys there!

GrouchoMarx
03-28-07, 14:21
I will be there, and wonder if anyone else will be around.

Bold Focker
04-03-07, 01:26
I am staying at Rockys bar, would love to have a beer buddy.
PM if you want to meet up!

BF

Antgreg
04-06-07, 00:28
I will be at Blackbeards April15-18.

Will anyone from the board be there also?

If yes maybe we could have a drink together and discuss the girls.

The Mayor
04-10-07, 16:10
I will be at Blackbeards April13-16.

Will anyone from the board be there also?

Antgreg
04-11-07, 15:31
I will be at Blackbeards April13-16.

Will anyone from the board be there also?I will be there from the 15-18. Maybe we can hang out when I get there. Let me know.

Alew217
04-14-07, 22:13
I am returning for my second trip to SD starting May 26th til 30 June. Practicing on my waek spanish, but my first trip was great. I averaged 2 to 3 girls a day there. This trip I want to try the bus to Sosua for a few days there. I have found a good hotel in SD but now I need a decent place in Sosua. I like the 1000 peso deals with air and girl friendly. Can anyone help?

Thanks Alew

Kendan
04-15-07, 22:19
Anyone going to be at Field of Dreams the weekend of 4/20-4/22?

kd

Dpilzbo
04-16-07, 02:55
I got the days off from work secured and I bought my ticket to DR. I will be there 4/25 to 5/2. "BF" I will e-mail you when I secure a place to stay. Even though the forum has provided plenty of suggestions I still don't know where that will be. I wanted to split the trip between BBs and Voramar but BBs only has one day open during my stay. Europa was suggested and they are still having a 3 day room price special and FoD looked interesting as well. "kd" what made you pick FoD if you don't mind me asking?

Dpilzbo
04-16-07, 03:09
Nevermind. Until now I didn't realize that you had written some of the posts I read and I can see you are returning because you enjoyed your last stay there. I have been reading the various DR forums so much that I don't look at the name for some but just read the comments. If you have any additional info about FoD that you feel is of interest to a rookie, I would still appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Polvo
04-16-07, 13:20
Gents:

One of my least favorite airlines - American - is offering $168 Miami to SD. Fares are valid for outbound travel April 18, 2007, through June 25, 2007. All travel must be completed by June 27, 2007. Two day minimum stay.

OK, it's summer, but that seems cheap!

Suerte!

Polvo

Ford
04-17-07, 23:38
Gents:

One of my least favorite airlines - American - is offering $168 Miami to SD. Fares are valid for outbound travel April 18, 2007, through June 25, 2007. All travel must be completed by June 27, 2007. Two day minimum stay.

OK, it's summer, but that seems cheap!

Suerte!

Polvo

That's very cheap! Do it! If you can get from MIA to SDQ for $170 that's amazing. Is that the tarifa total, or is that not including tax, 9/11 fees and such? What's the total freight?

Kendan
04-18-07, 02:03
Dpilzbo,

You ask why Field of Dreams, I guess the all-inclusives have never been my style, there is much to be had on the North Coast, and for someone like me Field of Dreams is the ideal spot to stay. Billy is a great guy and is as knowledgeable of the scene as anyone, and is an excellent guide to the hunting grounds of Puerto Plata and Sosua. Plus girls traveling from one to the other often drop in on their way by to see if there is any "action" (us) there. Not only chica-friendly, but chica-encouraged, whether you go get your own, or keep one that dropped by that day.

Anyway, if anyone is going to be there this weekend I'd love to meet you.

kd

Polvo
04-18-07, 02:45
That's very cheap! Do it! If you can get from MIA to SDQ for $170 that's amazing. Is that the tarifa total, or is that not including tax, 9/11 fees and such? What's the total freight?

Ford:

Good catch. I keep forgetting about that stuff. The tax et al is an extra $129.20 so total cost is $297.20.

Almost double. Bastards. Trouble is, it's still pretty cheap!!

Suerte!

Polvo

Fantasy
04-18-07, 04:58
Please don't refer to "cheap" and "fantasy" in the same post. Hell, I can't help it.

Cuba Tourist
04-19-07, 01:21
I am in Sosua now. If you are here, pm me and we can get together.

Dpilzbo
04-19-07, 01:48
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am still narrowing down my choices and that helps. Does the location of FoD present a problem for someone without a car? I like to visit the beach at sunrise and would want to visit places in both POP and Sosua and wouldn't want to bother the host every time I want to get out. Don't want to feel the wrath of an angry host! I know it's been mentioned here that renting a car has ups and downs especially for a newbie. I guess a cab is an option too. How did you get around?

Willynme
04-19-07, 19:04
Have a small crew coming down to S.D. on June 13 for two nites and taking the caribe bus to Sosua on the 15th for two nites, and coming back to S.D. for the last nite--Sun the 17th. Just three of us and the more the merrier. Anyone want to join or being there at this time, post a note!!

Polvo
04-20-07, 13:24
Please don't refer to "cheap" and "fantasy" in the same post. Hell, I can't help it.

I'm glad someone got it!!

Polvo

Routard
04-20-07, 21:41
Will be in SD for a week starting 5/2. If anyone's around, PM me.

Mikecnyc
04-21-07, 18:04
I'll be in SD May 24th to the 28th. Probably will be staying in the Napoliano- I've never stayed there before and wanted to check it out for a while now.

If anyone wants to chase the chicas together PM me. I'm in my early 30s and pretty laid back.

MC

Dpilzbo
04-23-07, 06:24
Hey guys,

I will be in the DR in a few days and want to thank all of you for keeping this board informative. I decided to stay at FoD. I look forward to meeting those of you from here during my stay. I think there are at least 4 or 5 ISG members that will be there over the next two weeks. Do you guys like to meet anyplace in particular? Is there a "Secret Squirrel" handshake for us members?! Seriously though, I am looking to enjoy my first visit and you guys that have posted here are partly the reason so a beer will be on me for you guys. That's ONE beer and a lot of straws!

Routard
04-29-07, 13:56
Do you guys like to meet anyplace in particular? Is there a "Secret Squirrel" handshake for us members?! Good one! :D

On the German FKK thread we had tried to find identification signs to meet us, as we wear all the same towels in these saunas. But meeting ISG members in Caribbean brotels is much easier! Sorry we don't match, I arrive the day you are leaving.

Superpimpdb
06-03-07, 06:47
Visiting June 11th to the 16th,

Is any one else going to be there?

Holla at me.

Glennis
06-05-07, 21:59
I will be hitting this three for sure and of course Puerto Plata. I will be ther from 22June Until 5 July. Is any one else traveling during that time. I plan on spend about 3 to 4 days in each area. I have not laid out a final plan yet.

This is my 3rd trip in so I am pretty comforable in Sosua and Puerto Plata.

Asian Shark
06-06-07, 14:59
I am also planning to be at DR during that time and this will be my first trip to DR. My plan is to play golf during the day and monger at night. Would love some recommendation of hotels and Golf Courses.

Asian Shark

Smokers Rule
06-06-07, 16:13
I will be in Santo Domingo 6/25 and 6/26 if anyone wants to get together.

Glennis
06-11-07, 00:47
The last time I was in Sosua I stayed at Hotel Calibre. It is a small husband and wife run hotel. Very inexspensive and gated, it has a nice pool and bar. They did let me bring girls in and out but I got plenty of looks. The hotel itself was clean and safe with security. I don't know much about golfing but I did past several courses at Playa Dorado, I am not sure of the name but its a huge resort on theright headed back towards Puerto Plata. I would love to do some monkling in the evenings. Let me know I am making my final plans this week. I was thinking of staying in Santo Domingo first then working my way North.

Vermaji
06-12-07, 15:50
Lets hook up.

Slimtower
06-15-07, 03:46
I'm going down to Dr (Santo Domingo) on the 26, 27 and the 28th. Maybe we could link up when I'm down there.

Frannie
06-19-07, 23:29
I just booked my ticket for a mid July mid-week 8-day trip to POP airport. $76 round trip from Miami, plus taxes. Total fare $205.

Smokers Rule
06-19-07, 23:37
Slimtower,

Turn your private messaging on and send me a message por favor.

Crazy Jim Wood
06-26-07, 02:41
This is my seminal trip to the DR.

I will be spending one night in SD on 3 July and then off to Sosua for the remainder, unless I have to spend another night in SD in order to catch my return flight on 11 July.

I had not really planned on staying in SD but in my efforts to get the cheapest airfare I stranded myself there for a night. I guess while I am there I will check out the casino at the Jaragua and then try to go to a Casas.

Perhaps someone who will be in Santo Domingo on the 3rd is interested in getting together to check out the casiono or casa or whatever may be a better bet?

I am still contemplating whether to rent a car or not to drive out to Sosua. I'm looking at Auto Europe since they are cheapest ($25/day according to kayak. com).

Jimbo

Artisttyp
07-02-07, 02:24
Im in july 17 - july 31(sosua) . I was thrilled to find a non stop flight on continental coming from nyc.
Bastards on continental played a game with me. The fare was $443 all the way through the last page then when I clicked to confirm it added on $127 tax. I can cancel my order because I am a one pass member but Im dying with all the mini skirts on the street. Now is not the time to be cheap.

DrWoo
07-02-07, 06:28
Im in july 17 - july 31(sosua) . I was thrilled to find a non stop flight on continental coming from nyc.

Bastards on continental played a game with me. The fare was $443 all the way through the last page then when I clicked to confirm it added on $127 tax. I can cancel my order because I am a one pass member but Im dying with all the mini skirts on the street. Now is not the time to be cheap.Unfortunately you didn't read the fine print, the fare shown is before taxes and the total fare will be displayed after you choose your flights.

Charlie Horse
07-02-07, 19:17
I use farecompare dot com for my flights. Upfront search engine.

Artisttyp
07-02-07, 22:58
Actually I am very aware of the fine print but most times the total price comes up alot sooner than it did with continental. It was only when I clicked on purchase did I realize the actual cost. Oh well its a direct fight to POP which is great so I cant complain. The total damage was $570 which from NYC to POP in the summer seems rather high. Last summer I went to ecuador for $554 RT on LAN.

Unfortunately you didn't read the fine print, the fare shown is before taxes and the total fare will be displayed after you choose your flights.

Charlie Horse
07-03-07, 02:00
Aug 9-12th $499 all-in Continental EWR-POP.

DrWoo
07-03-07, 05:19
Don't feel bad I paid $490 the week before you, could have paid less on Delta but wouldn't get the full elite mileage.

Unfortunately the DR is one of the few islands that airlines charge higher in the summer than fall or winter.

Round the World
07-07-07, 01:38
Any one else in town want to meet up at Girl's House next week?

Patrk39
07-07-07, 14:30
Will be staying at a villa in Sosua with 3 other degenerates from Nov. 2-11. Anybody else going to be around?

Helpmann
07-10-07, 11:05
I am always looking for a few good wingmen.

-Helpmann :cool:

Dick Hertz
07-16-07, 02:20
I will be in Santo Domingo form Aug 24-30 and never been in the DR but what I learned from my Rio trips is to get a condo and not a hotel. I would like to know if I should do the same here?

Thanks

Taboojw
07-24-07, 08:02
I will headed to Santo Domingo, DR from Aug.29 - Sept. 3. Looking to find a mix of pros and non-pros dominicanas.

Peace Brother
08-08-07, 21:10
I will be staying at Rocky's in Sosua, September 6-8th. My spanish doesn't exist; anybody wants to meet up let me know.

From September 8-12 I'll be at BlackBeard's. Once again if anybody wants to meet up just let me know.

BTW I purchased my ticket from American for $399 USD taxes included from Newark to Puerta Plata with a stop in San Juan.

Rodeo9112
08-09-07, 01:18
Planning a DR trip from 8-12 Sep. Looking at visiting Blackbeard's even if only for a night or two. Anyone wanna wingman? I've been to Punta Cana once for family vacation, but, never hobbying at all in DR. Any help would be appreciated. Limited Spanish!

Thanks,

Rodeo

Peace Brother
08-09-07, 15:08
Planning a DR trip from 8-12 Sep. Looking at visiting Blackbeard's even if only for a night or two. Anyone wanna wingman? I've been to Punta Cana once for family vacation, but, never hobbying at all in DR. Any help would be appreciated. Limited Spanish!

Thanks,

RodeoI tried to send you a PM but couldn't. Looks like we'll be in Costambar at the same time. Maybe I'll see you there.

Rodeo9112
08-10-07, 00:55
I tried to send you a PM but couldn't. Looks like we'll be in Costambar at the same time. Maybe I'll see you there.Don't worry bro, I'm planning to upgrade my membership next week. I'll PM you when I do! Do you speak the Queen's (Isabella) Spanish?

Peace Brother
08-10-07, 16:31
Don't worry bro, I'm planning to upgrade my membership next week. I'll PM you when I do! Do you speak the Queen's (Isabella) Spanish?
I wish! I don't even speak the Queen's English. I only know how to speak American.

Well on the bright side I have about a month left to practice my spanish (smile).

Catalonian
08-13-07, 20:23
I plan to visit Dominican Republic, and wish to know which cities have the hottest and easiest chicks to hunt.

Thanks!

John Jr
08-13-07, 21:42
Catalonian

I would say it really depends on you . If you want something really easy go to BB , you get to the airport the driver pics you up at PP airport . 30 minute drive to Costambar , get out the car with your luggage whille you go check in you see about 12 girls at the bar witch is on premisis . Check in and bring your stuff in the room go back downstairs and get the girl you like .

I would say it's the easiest , hottest in not sure but if you want you could go to Bamboo club in Playa Dorada and bring a girl back to BB .

Jjr.

Charlie Horse
08-14-07, 00:56
Weekend weather looks like a tropical storm at least, possible hurricane.

Livelife
08-29-07, 08:11
Hi everyone,

Have you ever brought your novias gifts?

What small items do they like?

Make-up kits? Fashion wear?

What do you bring with you to the DR?

Thanks!

===============================================

Greetings Livelife,

With all due respect, why did you post this in the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread?

Anyway, moving one report is a 4 step procedure, so it would be easier for me if you would simply re-post this in one of the discussion threads.

In the future, please consider that the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread is for posting ANNOUNCING YOUR TRAVEL PLANS, not for travel questions, travel advice, etc. If members start posting questions and advice, then the TRAVEL PLANS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS thread quickly becomes a General Discussion thread, and then we no longer have a thread to announce travel plans.

On behalf of your fellow Forum Members, [i]Thank You![/u]

Jackson

Stoker Star
08-29-07, 22:53
chocolates

Helpmann
08-30-07, 00:58
Have you ever brought your novias gifts?A bikini w/ thong bottom.

-Helpmann :)

Livelife
08-31-07, 00:24
Jackson, thx for leaving my post, sorry I got the category wrong.

Gents, i'm taking a trip Sept 1 to 10ish. If anyone wants to meet up and hunt together for the non-pros, invite them for dinner and a fun evening, drop me a note. I speak decent Spanish, in my 30s. 1st time there though.

Hasta Luego,

LL

Peace Brother
08-31-07, 02:16

Gents, I'm taking a trip Sept 1 to 10ish. If anyone wants to meet up and hunt together for the non-pros, invite them for dinner and a fun evening, drop me a note. I speak decent Spanish, in my 30s. 1st time there though.

Hasta Luego,

LLIt says your unable to recieve Private Messages.

John Jr
08-31-07, 07:36
People in Dr. really love baseball . I will not get into anykind of baseball debate but all i want to say is that the girls loved my baseball hats and shirts as well as the motoboy's .

I gave one baseball hat to my motodriver for all the help he gave me and all the good ''solid'' leads i had !

Thanks Franchesco !

John Jr.

I Jags
09-04-07, 06:04
Let me know where you are going? I am going in Nov so if you have any advice when you get back I would love to get it! I'm not gong for pro action either really. I'm just not sure where to go or stay at this point.

Gents, i'm taking a trip Sept 1 to 10ish. If anyone wants to meet up and hunt together for the non-pros, invite them for dinner and a fun evening, drop me a note. I speak decent Spanish, in my 30s. 1st time there though.

Hasta Luego,

LL

Sarma567
09-05-07, 02:56
I am planning my second trip to Blackbeards. September 21 for a weekend. The great thing about bleckbeards is that the chickas are at the bar. There is a pool, clean and nice environment. Jacuzzi is always ready and you can have sex there. We arranged jacuzzi orgy last time. www.blackbeardsadultresort.com in P. Plata.

Still, are there any similar places in DR like blackbeards. I am not in the mood to go and look for the chickas. I want them handy. Any advice, suggestion. Please provide link. If you are planning to be at the blackbeards at the time I am going there. Let's have a party.

Thanks

PartyPoooper
09-05-07, 08:28
I am planning on residing in the DR for about 6 months.

I will start out in Sosua. commencing November 1st.onward.

I will be moving onward from there...Santiago, Santo Domingo.

Anyone have accommodations, near the action (multi-room condo/villa)
that they wish to share expenses on?

Or

Anyone suggest accommodations?

Anyone suggest someone with accommodations?

Thank You All.

Third World
09-05-07, 22:54
I will be in POP for 7 days November 6th-13th. Will be in Sosua for 5 days to party and Blackbeards for the last two days to relax. I usually stay at BB's or rent an apartmento in Costambar but wanted to switch it up this time. Hope to see some of you guys there!! I've rented an awesome villa in Sosua and i will make sure i bring plenty of footage back!

Bkgee
09-05-07, 22:59
I will be in POP for 7 days November 6th-13th. Will be in Sosua for 5 days to party and Blackbeards for the last two days to relax. I usually stay at BB's or rent an apartmento in Costambar but wanted to switch it up this time. Hope to see some of you guys there!! I've rented an awesome villa in Sosua and i will make sure i bring plenty of footage back!Which villa did you rent, I have been down there 2 times already, and I use Residecial casa linda, the place is on point for you money.

http://www.casalindaonline.de/

I Jags
09-06-07, 05:52
I will be in DR at the same time just not sure what part yet. Still trying to decide. Between POP and SD.

I will be in POP for 7 days November 6th-13th. Will be in Sosua for 5 days to party and Blackbeards for the last two days to relax. I usually stay at BB's or rent an apartmento in Costambar but wanted to switch it up this time. Hope to see some of you guys there!! I've rented an awesome villa in Sosua and i will make sure i bring plenty of footage back!

Patrk39
09-06-07, 13:25

TW, I met you at BB's last November. I'l be in Sosua from 11/2-11/11. I also have a villa in Perla Marina (stayed there in May). Which villa did you rent, Casa Linda?

Let me know which days you will be in Sosua and maybe we can connect. I can't do BB's anymore, it's just not my scene.

Third World
09-06-07, 22:38
Yeah i will be in Casa Linda/Hispaniola Real Estate same thing I guess....This is my first time staying down there.....so I'm kinda unsure how this experience will turn out but I'm not worried a bit! I rented the 3 bedroom Yasmin for me and my wolves.....

Patrk39,

You must go down the second week of November every year like me LOL! We were at BB's last year same time and alot of people say they can't mess with BB's no more. BB's is like home to me but maybe it's because I haven't stayed anywhere else but Costambar. I hear Casa Linda will change that!

Since this is my first time staying in Sosua what should I expect the difference will be from your point of view? I'm about to look up Perla Marina right now and check em out.

Bkgee,

You're the first person who told me about Casa Linda I will never forget that. Then Helpmann gave me the phone number. I told one of my buddies about it after you told me, and he's been there twice in that time and i haven't even been there yet LOL!

From your point of view how was your experience?

See fellas one of my buddies love BB's SO MUCH that I had to convince him to stay with me this time and I just wanna make sure he will be okay down there because I know I will. I know how to adapt to anything. I've been to the club in Sosua but never stay the night down there.

I Jags
09-07-07, 05:18
Can anyone share the best inexpensive way to get a cell phone there or make calls locally?

Guthrie
09-07-07, 07:13
Can anyone share the best inexpensive way to get a cell phone there or make calls locally?

I purchased a used cellphone from NY Cellular, near Banco Popular , for 1,000 pesos last week. The price included 300 minutes. Calls to the US worked.
You can buy additional minutes via cards from them.

Patrk39
09-07-07, 12:38
Patrk39,

You must go down the second week of November every year like me LOL! We were at BB's last year same time and alot of people say they can't mess with BB's no more. BB's is like home to me but maybe it's because I haven't stayed anywhere else but Costambar. I hear Casa Linda will change that!

Since this is my first time staying in Sosua what should I expect the difference will be from your point of view? I'm about to look up Perla Marina right now and check em out.

You're right...I hit the DR for 2 weeks in May and usually 2 in November. I also just spend a business/pleasure 2 week trip in Colombia.

The biggest difference in staying in Sosua is the close proximaty to a ton of chicas. At BB's, I've seen the same tired chicas all the time. Don't get me wrong--I had a great time the 2 times I stayed there. But then again, I had to leave there during the day--usually to POP , Sosua or Cabarete--just to get out for a while.

Most of the accomodations in the Sosua hotels are less than I desire. The last few trips, I have split the cost of a villa with a couple of buddies, and got a beautiful house with all the amenities you can imagine. One thing though--we rent an SUV to get around, it is a must. The Sol de Plata villas (part of Perla Marina) are a 10 minute drive to either Sosua or Cabarete. Many nights, we just brought home a truckload of chicas from town.

I'm not as young as you, so there is no way I can still fuck 24/7. During the day,we'd take trips into the mountains or along the coast, Visited Rio San Juan, Cabrera, Nagua. Got contacts of local chicas and put their #'s into my cell to call at another time. Although their are tons of putas in the clubs in Sosua, they can be exhasting, as most of them are aggressive and have their little dramas. However, many of them are extremely HOT, much different than you would find at BBs. Plus, if you like dancing, the clubs are comfortable, even when packed, and you can take the chicas out for a spin. Me--I just lean back!

You are staying pretty close to town, although I'm sure you will be taking motoconchos home at night. During the day, I would advise checking out the chicas in town or at the beach. Get their phone #'s and set up something private at your villa. Also, if you meet any local guys (the pool guy, gardener, Hermann, Marco from Rock's or Lou from the Shark bar), don't be afraid to ask questions and also ask if they can recommend any "semi-puta" girls. These girls usually come with a cousin or two, and are much less hardcore than you would find at Classico's. Make your own MTV Crib party at the villa. I am assuming you are splitting the villa with someone?

One must during you stay. Go to La Passions and sample some take-out. There is always some risk in taking home local putas, as many are thieves and liars. With Passions take-out, your interests will be protected because the chicas have a good gig at Passions and Peter will ice them at the first sign of trouble. But hanging out there for a while is fun. Chicas are happy and friendly, beer is cold. You can also get a quick massage and BJ for 1000 pesos. Some of the chicas there are really talented.

I would send you the link for Sol de Plata, but I'm afraid that this whole post would be removed by admin if I did. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send it in another post. Hope this helps. Let's connect in November.

Patrk39
09-07-07, 12:38
The post below is for Third World

Sarma567
09-08-07, 03:03
I think next time i will consider renting a villa.

Thanks

Third World
09-08-07, 12:08
Patrk39,

You're right...I hit the DR for 2 weeks in May and usually 2 in November. I also just spend a business/pleasure 2 week trip in Colombia.

The biggest difference in staying in Sosua is the close proximaty to a ton of chicas. At BB's, I've seen the same tired chicas all the time. Don't get me wrong--I had a great time the 2 times I stayed there. But then again, I had to leave there during the day--usually to POP , Sosua or Cabarete--just to get out for a while.

Most of the accomodations in the Sosua hotels are less than I desire. The last few trips, I have split the cost of a villa with a couple of buddies, and got a beautiful house with all the amenities you can imagine. One thing though--we rent an SUV to get around, it is a must. The Sol de Plata villas (part of Perla Marina) are a 10 minute drive to either Sosua or Cabarete. Many nights, we just brought home a truckload of chicas from town.

I'm not as young as you, so there is no way I can still fuck 24/7. During the day,we'd take trips into the mountains or along the coast, Visited Rio San Juan, Cabrera, Nagua. Got contacts of local chicas and put their #'s into my cell to call at another time. Although their are tons of putas in the clubs in Sosua, they can be exhasting, as most of them are aggressive and have their little dramas. However, many of them are extremely HOT, much different than you would find at BBs. Plus, if you like dancing, the clubs are comfortable, even when packed, and you can take the chicas out for a spin. Me--I just lean back!

You are staying pretty close to town, although I'm sure you will be taking motoconchos home at night. During the day, I would advise checking out the chicas in town or at the beach. Get their phone #'s and set up something private at your villa. Also, if you meet any local guys (the pool guy, gardener, Hermann, Marco from Rock's or Lou from the Shark bar), don't be afraid to ask questions and also ask if they can recommend any "semi-puta" girls. These girls usually come with a cousin or two, and are much less hardcore than you would find at Classico's. Make your own MTV Crib party at the villa. I am assuming you are splitting the villa with someone?

One must during you stay. Go to La Passions and sample some take-out. There is always some risk in taking home local putas, as many are thieves and liars. With Passions take-out, your interests will be protected because the chicas have a good gig at Passions and Peter will ice them at the first sign of trouble. But hanging out there for a while is fun. Chicas are happy and friendly, beer is cold. You can also get a quick massage and BJ for 1000 pesos. Some of the chicas there are really talented.

I would send you the link for Sol de Plata, but I'm afraid that this whole post would be removed by admin if I did. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send it in another post. Hope this helps. Let's connect in November.

I've been to Classico's and la Passions I just didn't take anything out because my novia was back at my apartment I just tried to study the vibes of the places. I will definitely rent a vehicle though. My friends know guys thaat use to lived here in New Jersey that got deported back who know alot of locals girls and English is just like ours plus my spanish is decent enough right now so I know i should be fine. We have to definitely linked up and have a drink and play with a couple chicas. We are tryin to decide which Villa to threw one of my buddies his birthday party in, I 'll keep you posted on that also.

Thanks alot for the info! Computer technology is soo wonderful! LOL

Oh yeh send me a PM a little on Colombia when you get a chance.

Nedsprofhlp
09-08-07, 15:17
I'll be in the DR 9/28-10/1, my first time. I had booked reservations with Blackbeards, but with recent troubles (see the discussion in the Puerto Plata thread), I was beginning to think about looking elsewhere. Anyone else going to be there in the same time frame, and in the same boat?

Also, I was wondering if this latest persecution is directed at BBs alone, or if there is some kind of general "anti-prostitution" wave sweeping the country?

Has anyone heard any news about this?

Thanks!

Sarma567
09-09-07, 07:01
I'll be in the DR 9/28-10/1, my first time. I had booked reservations with Blackbeards, but with recent troubles (see the discussion in the Puerto Plata thread), I was beginning to think about looking elsewhere. Anyone else going to be there in the same time frame, and in the same boat?

Also, I was wondering if this latest persecution is directed at BBs alone, or if there is some kind of general "anti-prostitution" wave sweeping the country?

Thanks!I will be there for from 21-23 09. I decided to keep my reservation and enjoy. Will post some details as soon as i come back.

TeamHorny
09-09-07, 07:56
We was looking for advice for a sex trip to the DR. Me and my wife want to go to the DR for hot sex with fine mamis. What place (Hotel) city can we stay at without being judged by the hotel. We want to have a different girl every night. How do couples do it? Where do we meet the girls? Do most girls eat pussy my wife wants it done and I want to watch that? any guide or help is appreciated. What is the cost in general?

Thanks,

Teamhorny

Amperor
09-09-07, 14:04
I plan my first trip to DR next month, and BB looks like a natural first stop to get a feel for the local pexperience. This forum is a great source of info, and many thanks to the many valuable contributors. I plan to share with a full report and hopefully many fotos as well.

Yanqui69
09-09-07, 14:51

Thanks!

Check Traveler04's entry in the Puerto Plata section.
It seems things are pretty much normal.

Dick Hertz
09-15-07, 17:59
I would like some help about the best time and place to stay in Boca Chica. I am going back to the DR but it will be my first time in BC and am going to split my time 4 days in one place and 3 days the other between SD and BC but need some basic info. I am going for one week starting Nov 2 a thursday and was wandering should i stay the weekend in Boca Chica or San Domingo. I am trying to be there when the most chicas are around. Also I am going to need either a girl friendly hotel or a condo in BC near the beach and if possible a short cab ride for the night action. I know about short it hotels but think why should I pay for that room when i already have one. I hope someone can help me out.

Mr Enternational
09-19-07, 04:16
If anyone is around I will be arriving in DR Friday staying in Boca Chica until Saturday morning when I will be taking the bus to Sosua. PM me for my cell.

Pathologic
09-20-07, 00:50
First trip to DR planned 10 November to 17 November. Staying at BB's initially, then a villa in Sosua. Anyone interested in sharing the cost of a villa and car hire, or anyone planning to be there that I can hook up with to share expenses?

I Jags
09-24-07, 05:55
My birthday is the 9th and I am planningn to be there as well for about 17 days. I am still working on the details however.

First trip to DR planned 10 November to 17 November. Staying at BB's initially, then a villa in Sosua. Anyone interested in sharing the cost of a villa and car hire, or anyone planning to be there that I can hook up with to share expenses?

Bkgee
09-25-07, 04:05
Still new at this, I'm going down to (DR) on November 23, day after Thanksgiving until the 30th of November. I'm doing Boca Chica/Santo Domingo for three days and then going to Sosua/ Pureto Plata for 4 days, anyone going during that time let me know, we are renting a villa, looking to throw a BBQ/Party as many chicas as possible, Holaa Back.

Bigalgrooves2
09-29-07, 10:41
Thinking about taking my first trip to DR. around 12/11. (My bday is the 7th) Is this a bad time to go? Also any info about contacting BB's is appreciated! do's and dont's too!

Patrk39
09-30-07, 13:08
Thinking about taking my first trip to DR. around 12/11. (My bday is the 7th) Is this a bad time to go? Also any info about contacting BB's is appreciated! do's and dont's too!

http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/

It's easy. Trust me, you'll figure it out. There's alot of info on this board about BB's if you want to read it. Just look in the Puerta Plata section.

Sheets
09-30-07, 16:42
Going down in Oct 11th to the 17th. Will be in Puerto Plata. Already have a chica who works in the hotel waiting for me. Have to think how I'm going to ditch her so I can enjoy sometime without her. If I leave it to her she will have my whole trip planned. Nice girl though. Have you guys ever heard of a dominican woman 29 with no children? She says this depressess her but Dominican men are no good. They all cheat. What's interesting is she said she could tolerate a man having another woman if it's not in her face and she dosen't see it. This seem like a popular understanding acceptance amoung the woman. If cheating is somewhat accepted then the Dominican men must not be smooth but blatant in how they do things. Hummm. I better be careful she already told me she wants five kids and wants to get married. She might poke holes in the condom. Very sweet woman though. Fill you guys in on my exploits later.

Yanqui69
09-30-07, 17:03

The website Patrk39 provided is wheer to go for contacting BB.
There is no "bad" time to go.
Hurricanes don't affect the North Coast other than rain, so that's not a problem.
That said, try to book well in advance.
Holidays and long weekends tend to book fast and in general, business is good for the hotel, so its never a good idea to wait too late.

DR Monger II
09-30-07, 18:06
Isn't BB near the Costombar beach or something like that? Don't hurricanes affect them somewhat? I read on their website that it doesn't affect BB, but that seems hard to believe.

Twice Divorced
10-01-07, 01:52
Going down in Oct 11th to the 17th. Will be in Puerto Plata. Already have a chica who works in the hotel waiting for me. Have to think how I'm going to ditch her so I can enjoy sometime without her. If I leave it to her she will have my whole trip planned. Nice girl though. Have you guys ever heard of a dominican woman 29 with no children? She says this depressess her but Dominican men are no good. They all cheat. What's interesting is she said she could tolerate a man having another woman if it's not in her face and she dosen't see it. This seem like a popular understanding acceptance amoung the woman. If cheating is somewhat accepted then the Dominican men must not be smooth but blatant in how they do things. Hummm. I better be careful she already told me she wants five kids and wants to get married. She might poke holes in the condom. Very sweet woman though. Fill you guys in on my exploits later.Sheets, their seems to be 2 categories of Dominican women. Those who mind but won't make an issue of a man having other women, as long as it's not evident. And those who will cut your throat at the very thought of you having another woman.

Yanqui69
10-01-07, 12:44
Isn't BB near the Costombar beach or something like that? Don't hurricanes affect them somewhat? I read on their website that it doesn't affect BB, but that seems hard to believe.

Yes, BB is close to the beach, but hurricanes approach from the Southeast and move to the Northwest. (Trust me, I live in Florida).

The south, ie, Santo Domingo might occasionally get hammered, but the winds don't affect the north coast. Just rain.

Guthrie
10-01-07, 18:09

They majority of the major hurricanes affect the south coast.
The north coast does have earthquakes though.

Rodeo9112
10-02-07, 01:14
They majority of the major hurricanes affect the south coast.
The north coast does have earthquakes though.Earthquakes! WTF?! You're kidding, right?

Berthold
10-02-07, 07:19
Earthquakes! WTF?! You're kidding, right?

The latest big earthquake which affected Pueto Plata or the North Coast in general was on the 22 of September 2003. (magnitude 6,5)

Twice Divorced
10-02-07, 10:52
There is an earthquake fault line that runs along the North Coast, almost parallel to the ocean. There was a minor quake earlier this year. I returned to POP a few weeks after it happened and noticed hair-line cracks in the walls of my house that I hadn't noticed before.

Yanqui69
10-02-07, 19:00
Earthquakes! WTF?! You're kidding, right?

There isn't a place on the surface of the earth that doesn't have some problem.
(unless you're six feet below the surface).

BoricuaOnline
10-02-07, 20:48
There is an earthquake fault line that runs along the North Coast, almost parallel to the ocean. There was a minor quake earlier this year. I returned to POP a few weeks after it happened and noticed hair-line cracks in the walls of my house that I hadn't noticed before.

Major earth movements (over 5.0 Ritcher) occurs every 75-125 years along the north coast of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. So I think no one like this is going to occur in a hundred years.

Sunset Strip
10-13-07, 22:17
I have never been to the DR and was wondering about Christmas time there. I have found a good rate and may go.

As a newbie I think Sousa is best for me. I need to be spoonfed for a while.
But is there ample action during x-mas?

TJ

Curry
10-14-07, 06:00
The girls (most of them) go home to be with their families.

Sunset Strip
10-14-07, 20:17
Thanks. I suspected that may be true.
I spent one Christmas a few years ago in South AMerica and it was a little slower. As a newbie I think I will avoid the DR in Christmas.

I assume things are back to normal and swinging in January.

TJ

BoricuaOnline
10-15-07, 14:28
I have never been to the DR and was wondering about Christmas time there. I have found a good rate and may go.

As a newbie I think Sousa is best for me. I need to be spoonfed for a while.
But is there ample action during x-mas?

TJ

I went last Christmas from December 25 to 31 and it was good. I went to Santo Domingo so I do not know about Sosua. Christmas has some advantages: low rain season, fresher temperatures, they lift the law the regulates business operating hours so casas, bars , restaurants, discos stay open until 2-5 am every day. Lots of festivities on the streets with local bands. It is true that some girls go to their towns but most of them are back within two or three days. There are always girls available.

Aybolit
10-16-07, 08:18
Where to stay in Sosua? late twenties traveling solo, need a place thats clean, has a safe in the room, close to the beach/action) girl friendly, for 5 days. Thanx.

Gonna be arriving to Sosua next week, Tuesday daytime, planning on doing some scuba diving/ beach action during the day and check out the local nightscene later on. I speak decent spanish from extensive travels in South America. If anyone wants to meet up for some beers and can use a wingman let me know. Pros and non pros are the goal, although i doubt there will be too many non-program girls to work on
Cant wait to see how true the "Sosua is a little Rio" analogy is.

Berthold
10-16-07, 16:38
Where to stay in Sosua? late twenties traveling solo, need a place thats clean, has a safe in the room, close to the beach/action) girl friendly, for 5 days. Thanx.

Gonna be arriving to Sosua next week, Tuesday daytime, planning on doing some scuba diving/ beach action during the day and check out the local nightscene later on. I speak decent spanish from extensive travels in South America. If anyone wants to meet up for some beers and can use a wingman let me know. Pros and non pros are the goal, although i doubt there will be too many non-program girls to work on

I would try the newgarden hotel in sosua, it is centrally located, clean, safe and girlfriendly.
their webpage is www.newgardenhotel.net

Patrk39
10-16-07, 18:38

That analogy is certainly NOT TRUE, however you can certainly have plenty of fun in Sosua,

MiamiHeatLuver
10-16-07, 18:57

Im surprised no one mentioned the EUROPA yet, which is a perfect spot for a newbie with access to EVERYTHING, plus the new 20person built in JACUZZI is quite nice, believe it or not for night time encounters, BUT i dont know if the restaurant is open or taken over yet, It was closed juat last month. As far as SOSEWER being the RIO of the Carribean, Go slap that person who told you that, NOT TRUE, BUT, if you really really look hard enough, you might be able to find a diamond in the rough. PLUS the B itches are really starting to talk and start a union, and NOT couting Haitians, they had the balls of asking me for 2500-3000 TLN, and will walk away quickly instead on negotiating. ESPECIALLY the bar girls. Key is, if you find a good one, you might wanna try "wifeing it" and work out some kind of daily rate for a few days, thats what I always do, with some good success.

Patrk39
10-17-07, 09:50
MHL.

I agree with your take on the Sosua chicas, although the asking price has now gotten even more ridiculous--I've heard 5-6K pesos being asked. The most I would pay would be 2500, maybe 3000 TLN if the chica was exceptional. However, sometimes that means that you are willing to go home alone. It is much better meeting chicas out of the bars during the day and making arrangements.

As for the Europa, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. The jacuzzi is like putting lipstick on a pig. The rooms are awful and the area of town attracts the street rats. Just my humble opinion. For a newbie, the New Garden is a much better choice.

Frannie
10-17-07, 14:07
MHL.

I agree with your take on the Sosua chicas, although the asking price has now gotten even more ridiculous--I've heard 5-6K pesos being asked. The most I would pay would be 2500, maybe 3000 TLN if the chica was exceptional. However, sometimes that means that you are willing to go home alone. It is much better meeting chicas out of the bars during the day and making arrangements.

As for the Europa, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. The jacuzzi is like putting lipstick on a pig. The rooms are awful and the area of town attracts the street rats. Just my humble opinion. For a newbie, the New Garden is a much better choice.

I wasn't mongering, but a little Haitian woman (nothing special) hit on me in the street last week and asked for an amazing 4000 pesos. I countered with 1000 and we struck a deal at 1200, but I didn't go through with the deal and left her standing there. Another obese and very ugly Haitian asked for the same amount (4000).

Mind you, the cost of living is NOT cheap in the DR and 1000 pesos does not go far at all.

I think the Europa is OK for the money, though I stay at a better place. Not sure what you mean about the street rats. A few girls hang out at the 4 Roses bar, but they have now moved the fast food stalls down the sidestreet and away from the front of the hotel, so there is less pedestrian traffic there now.

Patrk39
10-18-07, 12:03
I'll be on the North Coast of the DR from October 30-November 11. I'm staying in a villa just outside of Sosua town from 4-11.

I'm traveling with 3 other dudes, two of whom are staying in Cabarete. So if anyone is going to be around during this time, maybe we can connect for some escapades.

Caballero Oscuro
10-19-07, 01:03
I'm making my 1st trip to the DR in late October with a buddy of mine. He got an cheap deal on 2 rooms at an all inclusive in Boca Chica via his timeshare discount. We're going to spend time in SD as well. I'm looking forward to adding some quality reports about the trip.

Professor 1
10-19-07, 20:59
Gentlemen:

I shall be taking my first trip to DR on November 3, 2007, and staying in a villa in Costambar. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. Also, I appreciate the previous taxi advice. Thanks.

Yanqui69
10-20-07, 15:44
Gentlemen:

I shall be taking my first trip to DR on November 3, 2007, and staying in a villa in Costambar. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. Also, I appreciate the previous taxi advice. Thanks.

In Costambar your primary source of companionship will be Blackbeard's (BB).
Its probably walking distance, or a 5 minute motorbike ride.
You can visit, have a drink or a meal and select a companion "to go".
For the price, (you can ask, get details there) its your best bet.
All night or "Toda la Noche" is usually about 2500 pesos (about $80 US).

If you go to Puerto Plata, any cabbie can take you to Cristals, where a "takeout" will probably run $100 US or more.
El Bohen is a similar place, with on-site or takeout. Same prices.

Rodeo9112
10-20-07, 15:52

If you go to Puerto Plata, any cabbie can take you to Cristals, where a "takeout" will probably run $100 US or more.

El Bohen is a similar place, with on-site or takeout. Same prices.Are the Cristal's takeouts (quoted at $100) for TLN? Any experiences on the quality of the girls there vs. the "at large" club/bar/disco girls in Sosua? Of course, I assume that the $100 is for those who are not staying at the Mustang ranch, in which case (depending on your package), a girl is included for 4hrs/day. Thanks!

Rodeo

Professor 1
10-20-07, 18:10

El Bohen is a similar place, with on-site or takeout. Same prices.Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice. Any other advice or comments would be welcomed.

Pathologic
10-25-07, 11:13
In Australian schools we learn Japanese, sadly no Spanish in the curriculum. My 'Penguin' phrase book doesn't cover these topics, so I need help with basic phrases for my forthcoming trip.....

1. Hi, what's your name?
2. You are beautiful.
3. My name is....
4. I'm 38 years old.
5. I'm from Australia.
6. Can I buy you a beer/dinner?
7. Where is a good place to eat/drink?
8. I think I love you.
9. How much for a short time/long time?
10. I want sex/bbbj/bbbjcim
11. You're kidding...what's you best price?
12. Do you have a sister or double jointed friend?
13. Ok - let's go.
14. That was nice...see you later?

Thanks - appreciate it.

Berthold
10-25-07, 12:11
In Australian schools we learn Japanese, sadly no Spanish in the curriculum. My 'Penguin' phrase book doesn't cover these topics, so I need help with basic phrases for my forthcoming trip.....

1. Hi, what's your name?
2. You are beautiful.
3. My name is....
4. I'm 38 years old.
5. I'm from Australia.
8. I think I love you.
13. Ok - let's go.

Thanks - appreciate it.
1 hola, que es tu nombre?
2eres linda, guapa...
3 Mi nombre es...
4 Tengo 38 anos
5 soy de australia
6 Puedo comprarte una cerveza ( in the D.R. una fria)/cena
7 Sabes un lugar de alta qualidad para beber/comer?
8 Pienso que te amo
9 Cuanto pides para 2 o 3 horas/ toda la noche?
10 Quiero sexo/sexo oral sin preservatio/ sexo oral con la leche en tu boca
11 estas loca dime un precio mas bajo
12 Tienes una hermana/amiga
13 okay vamos
14 Eso me gusto, hasta mas tarde.

Fla Fun
10-26-07, 00:59

1. Hi, what's your name?
2. You are beautiful.
3. My name is....
4. I'm 38 years old.
5. I'm from Australia.
8. I think I love you.
13. Ok - let's go.

Thanks - appreciate it.If need some help learning basic Spanish, here is a web site that offers free translations:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Buena Suerte (Good Luck)

Genghois
10-26-07, 01:04
Hey, guys. I've got nine days around the new year to spend in the area. Was thinking of a few days at Blackbeards to ease my way into it, and then moving to someplace like Tradewinds for the remainder.

Any advice appreciated. Not my first time in the area, but my first time away from the dreaded AI resorts.

And anyone in town who wants to meet up for a beer and some hunting, let me know!

Patrk39
10-28-07, 12:33
Hey, guys. I've got nine days around the new year to spend in the area. Was thinking of a few days at Blackbeards to ease my way into it, and then moving to someplace like Tradewinds for the remainder.

Any advice appreciated. Not my first time in the area, but my first time away from the dreaded AI resorts.

And anyone in town who wants to meet up for a beer and some hunting, let me know!

You can't go wrong with your plan. A few days at BBs is enough.

Livelife
10-31-07, 16:40
Hey guys,

Anyone wants to hook up in Santo Domingo and hunt together tonight? I speak decent Spanish, in my 30s. We could also try a party (2+ chicas)

LL

Concarne
11-03-07, 19:10
Fellows,

Will be in the Santo Domingo and Boca chica area in december. Who will be around and interested in partying? I all into setting up a festa with 4 girls or so in the mix.

Also thinking about doing a scouting trip to Haiti...if anyone has any info on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Concarne

Griot
11-08-07, 19:17
American has SD on sale for $109 R/T before junk fares. I have never seen it this low. See you in SD end of NOV!!!!!!!!1 :-) Junk fees are around $120

Pedroxboy
11-11-07, 05:20
Any fellow mongers wanna meet up to hunt together? My first time there. I speak no spanish, little concerned.

Minnesota Peter
11-14-07, 20:50
First time there, planning on the Mustang Ranch for at least the first two nights. Maybe try something different on the second two. Drop me a PVT Message if you will be there at the same time, or have any ideas for me.

Jerkus
11-18-07, 17:24
Hey Guys,

I'll be visting Santiago the first week of Dec, anyone down to meet and explore the city? I might spend half the week in Santiago and half in Sosua, I'm still debating.

Kutha
11-19-07, 01:52
Just booked my flight on these dates. Will be my first trip to Puerta, have read a lot of the forums, thanks for the great advice.

First two nights will be at the CMR (Mustang Ranch) did the 2night 3day special they have. After that will be going to Sosua on Friday the 14th. I'm having a hard time finding a hotel in Sosua, tried he Hotel Garden but they only rooms that have two beds full available no king size available. Doesn't seem to be too appealing with the activities I have planned. Can anyone recommed another hotel that is close to the activities? I saw a report on the Tradewinds? Is that nice?

I might try a night or two at BB, but I'm very very picky about my girls. I like them tight fit petite with a decent size rack. From what I read so far, it doesnt seem like too many of them fit that profile. Let me know if I'm wrong?

Also if anyone is going to be there during these times, would be cool to get a presidente somewhere. I've been having a hard time trying to figure out how to best manage the 13 days that I will be there. I figured you cannot go wrong at the Mustang, then I'll go to Sosua (if I can find a good hotel) do some mongering and if I still have other needs might check out BB. Let me know if you guys have any advice or if I'm just way off here. Are you able to get into BB's to check out the talent and see if it's worthwhile or do you have to have a reservation?

Thanks

I Jags
11-20-07, 05:09
I will get there on Nov 29th leaving Christmas day. Flying to SD but not sure after that. Send me a private message Jerkus.

Maybe somone will Jerkus when we arrive.

I Jags
11-20-07, 05:13
I will be there the whole month of December. I stil don't know where I will stay or what city. SD initially.

Smokers Rule
11-22-07, 07:53
Is Dec. 26-29 just a horrible time to go to SDQ and BC for chicas? It looks like it's the only chance I'll have this winter to get to the DR...will I be wasting my time?

Macmasher
11-22-07, 12:20
Flying in/out of SDQ... but have no idea of where in The DR I'm going (or when). SD? BC? Sosua?

To me, the arrival/departure airport(s) doesn't matter - because it's the adventure of getting around I enjoy most.

Concarne
11-23-07, 22:08
Allright boys,

I will commit myself to being in Boca Chica from the 8th to the 11th for now....in case anyone wants to party....after that I am flex and likely would i try and hit Haiti prior to Sosua but as i said I am flex and will go where the wind and the chicas take me...

Griot
11-24-07, 02:06
I wiil be in DR for the above days, Part-time nighttime Monger, 5th trip mostly BC and SD, but been to PP, PC and Sosua also. Bad Spanish but i have never had a problem. I am also mobile. If anyone needs a evening wingman for that period in BC or SD, pm me, or respond.

Griot!

Bq Ribs
11-24-07, 02:54
I wiil be in DR for the above days, Part-time nighttime Monger, 5th trip mostly BC and SD, but been to PP, PC and Sosua also. Bad Spanish but i have never had a problem. I am also mobile. If anyone needs a evening wingman for that period in BC or SD, pm me, or respond.

Griot!

Where are you staying, BC or SD?

Griot
11-24-07, 03:30
I am staying in BC, El Candil

Where are you staying, BC or SD?

Bq Ribs
11-24-07, 03:54
I am staying in BC, El Candil

Maybe I will see you the night of the 29th at Ruta 66.............

Griot
11-24-07, 04:16
Where is ruta 66? I just go places, Never pay much attention to the name.

Maybe I will see you the night of the 29th at Ruta 66.............

Bq Ribs
11-24-07, 04:56
Where is ruta 66? I just go places, Never pay much attention to the name.

Route 66, now called The Piano Bar on Calle Durate. Across the street and 100 feet west of Hotel Europa. The bar with the old red gas station pump in front.

Griot
11-24-07, 20:06
Oh, ok my night home :-) when in BC. I'll be the bald black cool dude with shades drinking a soda :-) seriously

Griot!

Route 66, now called The Piano Bar on Calle Durate. Across the street and 100 feet west of Hotel Europa. The bar with the old red gas station pump in front.

Bq Ribs
11-24-07, 20:32
Oh, ok my night home :-) when in BC. I'll be the bald black cool dude with shades drinking a soda :-) seriously

Griot!

OK, I will be the not so cool black dude with a Presidente in one hand and a Cuba Libre in the other. Just look for the dude trying to make small talk with the big tetas barmaid.

The next day, the 30th I head up to SD for 4 nights. Baseball, baseball, baseball...........chicas, chicas, chicas

Demetrius
11-25-07, 03:28
Going to SD for New Years, any ideas on how to party new years eve? I hear that it's 24/7 until the 1st.

Ed Rome
11-25-07, 08:35
Well I have Lurked in your Forum for about a month. I was collecting Information to help my 1st trip to DR run Smoothly.

Let me thank you guys for the Time and effort you have put into keeping this Forum Strong with New Information and Your Guides.

I and 2 friends will be taking a trip TO DR in March of 08 and welcome anyone to Join us in Puerto Plata. I know it seems Far away But I'm putting it out there if anyone else had intention to travel from the U. S. A. over and wanted to roll with us.

We are 26-33 STRAIGHT Hispanic guys.

Have a very Big appetite for Lady's so planning to endulge on the run.

Any suggestions, refferals Much appreciated.

Once again Thank you all for the help.

Ed Rome

Ed Rome
11-26-07, 21:25
Well I have Lurked in your Forum for about a month. I was collecting Information to help my 1st trip to DR run Smoothly.

Let me thank you guys for the Time and effort you have put into keeping this Forum Strong with New Information and Your Guides.

I and 2 friends will be taking a trip TO DR in March of 08 and welcome anyone to Join us in Puerto Plata. I know it seems Far away But I'm putting it out there if anyone else had intention to travel from the U. S. A. over and wanted to roll with us.

We are 26-33 STRAIGHT Hispanic guys.

Have a very Big appetite for Lady's so planning to endulge on the run.

Any suggestions, refferals Much appreciated.

Once again Thank you all for the help.

Ed RomeThe Dates are March 2nd thru the the 8th.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wanna make the whole trip or parts of it.

ER

Big Sexx
11-27-07, 02:02
I will be in Sosua from 10-14 and i always wanted to go to Haiti so if you need a wingman im in.

Allright boys,

I will commit myself to being in Boca Chica from the 8th to the 11th for now....in case anyone wants to party....after that I am flex and likely would i try and hit Haiti prior to Sosua but as i said I am flex and will go where the wind and the chicas take me...

Mr Rusted
11-28-07, 05:58
First time down to DR and BB's for me. If any of you will be there, please let me know.

Thanks

Big Sexx
11-28-07, 08:03
Can Someone tell me the best place to exchange currency?

Member #3200
11-28-07, 23:34
I'm in the proces of booking my 1st trip 2 BB for dec 3 or 5th until the 10th or 11th.

DickieJohn
11-29-07, 00:50
If you need money, like RD pesos, just go to the Banc Populaire and use your debit card from your US bank. It works for me, it ought to work for you.

I Jags
11-29-07, 01:19
I will be in SD the 29th. Shoot me your number if you have one there already.

Berthold
11-29-07, 08:42
Can Someone tell me the best place to exchange currency?

Usually in Sosua the guys in the streets who scream "Change" give you the best exchange rates.
Never exchange any money at the airport in Puerto Plata, the rates at the airport suck big time.

Frannie
11-29-07, 14:50
Usually in Sosua the guys in the streets who scream "Change" give you the best exchange rates.
Never exchange any money at the airport in Puerto Plata, the rates at the airport suck big time.

Not so sure about that. They usually are standing just outside one of the change offices and if you want a large amount they go inside to get more change. I doubt whether you would get a WORSE rate by going inside yourself, and if you are changing a larger amount you might get a better rate by cutting out the middle man.

The change bureau inside at the aiport is a rip off, but you can get a competitive and fair rate of exchange at the bank on the outside part of the airport.

Concarne
11-30-07, 01:59
I have read reports of those guys sometimes passing fake notes or doing a switcharoo and you walking away with less money then you should.

At any rate, I have never had a problem using the ATMs and never a problem changing inside the bank

Concarne
11-30-07, 02:19
I will be in Sosua from 10-14 and i always wanted to go to Haiti so if you need a wingman im in.

Is that the total lenght of your trip? That may be too tight.

If you are going to be around longer PM me and we can discuss, otherwise we can just party in Sosua 11-14th. I am fluent so if you need translation I will be happy to assist...not that is a requirement.

BTW, anyone interested in setting up a festa in Sosua or Boca Chica...me thinks 2 or 3 chica to guy ratio would work.

PM if any interest.

Big Sexx
12-01-07, 01:51
Sorry I don't have the pm function enabled I will be there from the 8th till the 14th but let me know im allways looking for new and exciting things to do.

Is that the total lenght of your trip? That may be too tight.

If you are going to be around longer PM me and we can discuss, otherwise we can just party in Sosua 11-14th. I am fluent so if you need translation I will be happy to assist...not that is a requirement.

BTW, anyone interested in setting up a festa in Sosua or Boca Chica...me thinks 2 or 3 chica to guy ratio would work.

PM if any interest.

Concarne
12-01-07, 16:47
all right Big...I am arriving on the 12th. I will stay at Rocky's for a few days.

We can either meet at Rocky's or any of the bars around, just let me know. Is my 4th trip to Sousua so you can give me a report and see how you are doing...do not let the chicas burn you! =) They can be sneaky...

RockHound74
12-01-07, 22:39
This will be my 2nd DR trip and 1st BB trip. I am ready for a 3some and the jacuzzi!

Kutha
12-01-07, 23:49
Concarne, Big

I get in on the 12th and am staying at the Hotel Gaden. My flight gets in around 4:30pm. Would be cool to share info over a presidente, first round on me if you guys want to meet up. Let me know. I also don't have PM set up yet, can meet at Rocky's around 6-7pm?

Later

Concarne
12-02-07, 14:41
I am up for it bud!

I will be arriving to Rocky's in mid afternoon, will be there for a few days and then move into a condo somewhere.

My previous Sosua trips have been solo but it would be good to party with a couple of the fellows and exchange some stories about the DR and other parts of the world.

7pm sounds good, gives me time to get cleaned up and take a nap.

Biggun1221
12-02-07, 18:12
I will be in Sousa on the 14th thru the 23rd of Janurary. This is my first trip to Sousa, but have stayed at BB's this past July. I am a little anxious about going to Sousa becusa of the reports that have been on here. being a newbie in Sousa I dont want to be ripped off or make mistakes that would ruin the experience. I am staying at Rocky's my entire stay and look foward to meeting you guys.