PDA

View Full Version : Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

Mackin
05-20-10, 19:59
Giotto, Can you PM me and let me know how the breakfast waitress is doing as she is away till July. Any details would be appreciated. My best to the other employees and hope they are safe.
Really appreciate your reports.
Mackin

Giotto
05-20-10, 20:01
Giotto, Can you PM me and let me know how the breakfast waitress is doing as she is away till July. Any details would be appreciated. My best to the other employees and hope they are safe.
Really appreciate your reports.
MackinMackin,

She was too horny, and got pregnant. Now - she is in the final stage of production, or in the first stage of developing child support skills.

She is fine - for sure - don't worry. She will be back soon.

Giotto

PS: You are the father, right :) ?

Giotto
05-20-10, 20:04
What about Rabbits.
Tansak KTV,

Rabbits were not seen here for a long time already - so there is no sign outside. Frogs are really a plague ... :)

Giotto

Giotto
05-20-10, 20:06
You sure there isn't any Scots blood in you?Sonic Bam,

I forgot to mention ... the sign outside - "No Frogs, No Scots" :) .

Giotto

Giotto
05-20-10, 20:11
The Hotel manager wasn't able to get to work Wednesday, due to living in the red zone, but I saw, posted on the internet, some amazing photos he personally took of "Central World" burning and other aspects of the crisis like soldiers emerging from tanks. Today I teased him about whether he was thinking of a new profession as a news photographer.
Links to Auntie Guido's pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Guido-Ruhnau/1546874445#!/album.php?aid=29479&id=1546874445

http://www.facebook.com/people/Guido-Ruhnau/1546874445#!/album.php?aid=29481&id=1546874445

Giotto

Mackin
05-20-10, 20:13
Giotto, Yes she was pregnant when I visited in Jan and Feb. . Can't claim any responsibility for this one. Already the bun was in the oven before I arrived. You were there all along, anything to say for yourself????

Again my best to the sisters and the husband who always provided great restaurant and bar tending service.
Mackin

Member #3428
05-20-10, 20:57
Links to Auntie Guido's pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Guido-Ruhnau/1546874445#!/album.php?aid=29479&id=1546874445

http://www.facebook.com/people/Guido-Ruhnau/1546874445#!/album.php?aid=29481&id=1546874445

GiottoOh christ tell me he doesn't play farmville like most the filipina population does.

But great shots.

Sonic Bam
05-20-10, 21:37
I forgot to mention ... the sign outside - "No Frogs, No Scots" :)
It is good to hear that business is still good so you can turn away customers. :p

Giotto
05-21-10, 07:16
It is good to hear that business is still good so you can turn away customers. :pSonic Bam,

Hmmm, let me think - it might make sense to remove that sign under the given circumstances ... but Scots, do they really spend money somewhere :) ?

Giotto

SE Asia Joe
05-21-10, 07:47
Sonic Bam,

Hmmm, let me think - it might make sense to remove that sign under the given circumstances ... but Scots, do they really spend money somewhere :) ?

Giotto
And whilst at it - howzabout some nice plastic chairs/recliners around the pool? Cain't go out to monger around much these days anyway - at least Liverstone guests can contemplate their navels around the pool then.

Want a good deal on plastic charis?

SEAJ

Nvslim
05-21-10, 10:09
The pool has beautiful tempurature water as some days are very f'ing hot which obviously warms the pool a little! Not many mosquitos at this time for some reason.

It should be, being on the roof. Should warm up nicely in the hot sun. :)

Hope every one is safe and well.

Slim

SE Asia Joe
05-21-10, 11:25
It should be, being on the roof. Should warm up nicely in the hot sun. :)

Hope every one is safe and well.

Slim
On the roof??

Are you sure you're thinking about Livingstone's Lodge? With the pool just right outside the Sports Bar - where well behaved/good service ladies are at?

Yeah Giotto - what's on the roof? Mosquito breeding ground pools?

SEAJ

Giotto
05-21-10, 13:27
Yeah Giotto - what's on the roof? Mosquito breeding ground pools?
...SE Asia Joe,

Just ask myself the same question. No idea what's on the roof, but I know what's NOT on the roof: The Pool!

Giotto

Giotto
05-21-10, 13:28
Want a good deal on plastic charis?
SE Asia Joe,

Economy still bad? No buyers for your plastic chairs?

As you know - it's not for us, we prefer Teakwood chairs :) !

Giotto

SE Asia Joe
05-21-10, 15:18
SE Asia Joe,

Giotto
Yeah - terrible economy. Nobody wants to buy any of my 2 chairs. Even when I tell them that I'll sell both of them for the price of one.

And your teak wood chairs - time for you to replace the plastic naugahide. Must already be getting all gunked up with all that.....gunk.

SEAJ

1Ball
05-21-10, 15:21
SE Asia Joe,

Just ask myself the same question. No idea what's on the roof, but I know what's NOT on the roof: The Pool!

Giotto
Giotto, go back a couple of years or so. The pool on the roof was a big thing. Someone who claimed having stayed at LL, complained abt this and that, and talked about the pool on the roof. Come to find out, he was mistaking your place with another.

Pita123
05-21-10, 15:26
Giotto, go back a couple of years or so. The pool on the roof was a big thing. Someone who claimed having stayed at LL, complained abt this and that, and talked about the pool on the roof. Come to find out, he was mistaking your place with another.

What are you talking about? Don't you remember how the pool got to where it is now? The crappy plastic chairs that SE Asia Joe were stacked under the roof to keep it from collapsing. But when they dried out and collapsed the pool came crashing down to ground level. IIRC the thing that finally made them gave way was a rabbit working overtime.

SE Asia Joe
05-21-10, 15:31
For fun and frolic.

How typical!!

Liverstone Lodge.

Ahh welllll.... a bit of levity in all this gloom and doom.

SEAJ

What are you talking about? Don't you remember how the pool got to where it is now? The crappy plastic chairs that SE Asia Joe were stacked under the roof to keep it from collapsing. But when they dried out and collapsed the pool came crashing down to ground level. IIRC the thing that finally made them gave way was a rabbit working overtime.

Giotto
05-21-10, 21:35
Giotto, go back a couple of years or so. The pool on the roof was a big thing. Someone who claimed having stayed at LL, complained abt this and that, and talked about the pool on the roof. Come to find out, he was mistaking your place with another.Mr. Vice President,

I am well aware of that story. And I think - Nvslim too :) .

Giotto

Xerman
05-21-10, 21:38
So if one were wanting to travel to Bangkok, will anytime this summer be ok again?

Would hate to miss a chance to be at the Lodge.

Giotto
05-21-10, 21:39
It's 3:30 am in the morning, one of the Curfew days ...

We had a good crowd here tonight, and half of the guests are still here. Somehow unbelievable.

The guests of the restaurant and the Sports Lounge came from Novotel Lotus (too boring) and Renoir (closed). I plaid pool with Alex (Renoir) until right now, and outside people were having fun in the pool, girls, guys ...

Haven't seen that for months now.

Curfew? I will talk to the army tomorrow an ask them to extend the curfew until the end of this year ... :)

Giotto

Beller Ophon
05-22-10, 03:28
Hi Giotto,

I'm planning on spending some time at the lodge in late June and wanted to take advantage of one of your promotions, either staying for 5 days or 8 I haven't finalized plans yet.

I can't send you a PM with my details, however, I have stayed there before (this time last year) so you should have my real name details, etc. Is that sufficient notice to be able to use one of your specials? I can re-confirm the details when I have made my booking, or contact the e-mail address for the lodge if that works better for you.

Nvslim
05-22-10, 10:29
SE Asia Joe,

Giotto

It was a joke. Last year, some one wrote a bad report about a place he thought was LL and commented the pool was on the roof.

Slim

p.s. Its terrible when you take time to make a joke and it bombs.

NicFrenchy
05-22-10, 11:13
I plaid pool with Alex (Renoir) until right now, .....I will talk to the army tomorrow an ask them to extend the curfew until the end of this year ... :)

Giotto

You need the army's curfew to help you play with a Stick and balls? :D

Member #3428
05-22-10, 11:37
You need the army's curfew to help you play with a Stick and balls? :DLeave the Bürgermeister alone Frenchy.

Soon you'll be 80 years old like Giotto and you'll see that you'll need all the help you can get to get it up as well.

NicFrenchy
05-23-10, 03:50
Leave the Bürgermeister alone Frenchy.

Soon you'll be 80 years old like Giotto and you'll see that you'll need all the help you can get to get it up as well.

well, no offense, but you'll get there before me ;)

Member #3428
05-23-10, 05:00
well, no offense, but you'll get there before me ;)Yeah I'll be there before you (but not by much)

But even if I make it to 80 (if some husband / BF / bar owner 555 doesn't shoot me first) I'll always be 18 in heart (and brains).

Once I got to screwing age I decided to stay there. Why the hell grow up.

Giotto
05-23-10, 06:04
Leave the Bürgermeister alone Frenchy.

Soon you'll be 80 years old like Giotto and you'll see that you'll need all the help you can get to get it up as well.The Rabbit KTV,

I placed the sign out there again: "No Rabbits, no Frogs, no Scots!"

BESTARD :) !!!

Giotto

Giotto
05-23-10, 06:07
You need the army's curfew to help you play with a Stick and balls? :DFroggy,

I am not sure that I really need a curfew - but for the business it turned out positively the past few days.

Yesterday again - until 4 am in the morning, a crowd from the surrounding buildings and hotels, lots of girls (one customer came in with 6 (six) girls) partying in and around the swimming pool.

I will meet the PM later to discuss the extension of the curfew :) ...

Giotto

Giotto
05-23-10, 06:09
Hi Giotto,

I'm planning on spending some time at the lodge in late June and wanted to take advantage of one of your promotions, either staying for 5 days or 8 I haven't finalized plans yet.
Beller Ophon,

If you are an ISG member you are entitled the the ISG promotion. Then you can send a PM to me - and there will be no problem.

If not you need to contact our managemeng (info@livingstones.co.th) - all hotels have problems right now and offer certain incentives to get customers in. Should not be a problem either :) .

C U .

Giotto

Traveler1234
05-23-10, 17:00
I will meet the PM later to discuss the extension of the curfew :) ...
Giotto

Thaksin has returned?

LOL

Giotto
05-23-10, 17:13
Thaksin has returned?
Mr. Marketing Director,

Not yet ... good idea, curfew extension forever !!!

Its packed here again right now - I am laughing my ass off. Obviously the word of mouth is around that there is at least some action here in Soi 33.

Groups of customers getting in, demanding to keep the bar open until the end of the curfew (4 am) ...

Ok, what can I do, I think we have to 'suffer' this curfew :):):). As we all know - life is so hard!

Giotto

Pita123
05-23-10, 17:39
Ok, what can I do, I think we have to 'suffer' this curfew :):):). As we all know - life is so hard!o

Two more nights of extended suffering. What is one to do?

BionicMan
05-23-10, 23:02
Mr. Marketing Director,

Its packed here again right now - I am laughing my ass off. Obviously the word of mouth is around that there is at least some action here in Soi 33.

Groups of customers getting in, demanding to keep the bar open until the end of the curfew (4 am) ...

Ok, what can I do, I think we have to 'suffer' this curfew :):):). As we all know - life is so hard!

Giotto
On the other hand you are obeying to government orders:

helping the people to observe the curfew not letting them go out till 4a.m.:)

SE Asia Joe
05-24-10, 11:45
Mr. Marketing Director,

Giotto
errrrr..... short time room at the Liverstone?
Special to 4 am room?

SEAJ

Giotto
05-24-10, 13:29
errrrr..... short time room at the liverstone?
special to 4 am room?
se asia joe,

no such thing at livingstone's. but available around the corner - peep inn :) !

giotto

ps:
peep inn is the hotel where you always stay. that one with the plastic chairs.

NicFrenchy
05-24-10, 14:20
ps:

these are in urgent need of fixing btw... i hear the chairs have a big hole in the middle...

Giotto
05-24-10, 16:15
These are in urgent need of fixing BTW... I hear the Chairs have a BIG hole in the Middle...Groggy,

How can you know??? ... I understand!!! ... :)

Giotto

Pita123
05-24-10, 21:37
Giotto, are you buying second-hand plastic chairs from Akane now?

It seems that your talks with the PM went well, eh?

SE Asia Joe
05-25-10, 05:37
se asia joe,

no such thing at livingstone's. but available around the corner - peep inn :) !

giotto

ps:
ahhhh.... i see.

you've also taken over the peep inn huh?

seaj

Gaienmae08
06-23-10, 13:20
I have a plane ticket and nowhere to stay... Can I assume the Sports Bar is still open and well-stocked?

Xerman
06-23-10, 19:55
Giotto,

Soon I will be on my way, when I get there, I will remind you it is me.

A Yank is coming!

Opas Tee
06-24-10, 18:27
SE Asia Joe,

GiottoThe guests of the restaurant and the Sports Lounge came from Novotel Lotus (too boring) and Renoir (closed). I plaid pool with Alex (Renoir) until right now, and outside people were having fun in the pool, girls, guys.

Mick Ireland 1
07-12-10, 07:06
Its that time of year again and time to book my holidays.

Whats the situation in BKK like now?

Are things still very quiet there? Any more riots?

Any info would be great.

Gaienmae08
07-13-10, 05:23
Its that time of year again and time to book my holidays.

Whats the situation in BKK like now?

Are things still very quiet there? Any more riots?

Any info would be great.
Everything quiet, you wouldn't know anything had been going on unless you look carefully. Check out the main Bangkok thread.

(It wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of incident involving the noisy c*nt in the room next door though, not only does he appear to have brought a herd of buffaloes with him, the poor girl he was with last night had to endure about 4 hours of his non-stop chatter. Mind you at least she was getting paid for it.)

Giotto
08-18-10, 16:20
After years of planning, designing, checking, re-designing, checking, changing the web designer company, planning, designing ... we finally activated our new Livingstone's Lodge website today.

Please - check it out and give me a feedback.

Giotto
http://www.livingstones.co.th

Duniawala
08-18-10, 16:59
After years of planning, designing, checking, re-designing, checking, changing the web designer company, planning, designing ... we finally activated our new Livingstone's Lodge website today.

Giotto
Well done, Dr. G. Looks real good and nice interface. I think there is one typo. It should be "The Livingstone's Entrance on Sukhumvit 33" instead of "The Livingstone's Entrance in Sukhumvit 33"

Giotto
08-18-10, 17:47
Well done, Dr. G. Looks real good and nice interface. I think there is one typo. It should be "The Livingstone's Entrance on Sukhumvit 33" instead of "The Livingstone's Entrance in Sukhumvit 33"Thanks, Duni.

Not a typo - bad German English :) !

Will be corrected soon ...

Giotto

Mackin
08-18-10, 23:02
Giotto, Very nice pictures and web sight.. Just change the wording that was just mentioned. Looking forward to another visit after the first of the year.

Centaurus
08-21-10, 03:07

Giotto
http://www.livingstones.co.thNice and honest pics.

The pic of the jakuzzi doesn't really show how huge it is, though. Would be better to put a little flash movie of Miss X and Miss Y with the underwater-lightshow on ;)

Syzygies
08-22-10, 15:44
Thanks, Duni.

Not a typo - bad German English :) !

Will be corrected soon ...

Giotto
A real Typo: The Street name Daeng Udo_ is missing its final "m" on Map page. Udo looks like an Italian word or part of the manager's name? ;) Only someone who knows Thai would probably notice. Udom is a common word in Thai names.
However, I am impressed, by a site well done.

Reporter2010
08-22-10, 20:31
It is a very fine site.

Being horribly picky, I didn't feel I quite understood the observation on the home page that "Livingstone's will be rated "Best Value For Money" Venue". Will it? By whom? Who says?

I notice also that you don't choose to draw attention to the full range of added-value options at the Lodge. I am sure this was a thoughtful and considered choice on your part.

Hope that helps. All good wishes.

1Ball
08-22-10, 21:06
Nice job, G.

I might have to come in and say hello with Mini Me.

BionicMan
08-22-10, 22:07
I notice also that you don't choose to draw attention to the full range of added-value options at the Lodge. I am sure this was a thoughtful and considered choice on your part.

Hope that helps. All good wishes.
I fully agree and always noticed that also on the previous website.
This even enabled me to charge a short stay in my travel expenses as anybody in accounting, curious and visiting the LL home page, would not have found much, lol
Unless he is a monger too and visits regularly ISG, lmao!
But in that case a simple question; "how do you know?" could create camradery and the end of any further question (or maybe some indication on latest arrivals):)

Giotto
08-23-10, 06:44
Being horribly picky, I didn't feel I quite understood the observation on the home page that "Livingstone's will be rated "Best Value For Money" Venue". Will it? By whom? Who says?

Reporter2010,

Thanks. This "Best Value For Money" bullshit will be removed - somehow I missed it...

The idea behind the new design was to take out all hints reg. the events and girls, to make it easier for business travelers to book our hotel rooms. All infos about "added-value options" can be found here in the ISG.

Giotto

Sky Ryder
08-23-10, 06:56
Reporter2010,

Thanks. This "Best Value For Money" bullshit will be removed - somehow I missed it...

The idea behind the new design was to take out all hints reg. the events and girls, to make it easier for business travelers to book our hotel rooms. All infos about "added-value options" can be found here in the ISG.

Giotto

The new web site is really nice and IMHO is an accurate reflection of the facility. The one thing you can't show on an internet page is the hospitality shown to your guests! I can't wait for my next visit!

Ian Oxon
08-24-10, 16:12
Hi there,

Checking back, its been a long time since anyone posted a field report (seems since the troubles). Not my first time in BKK but am checking to LL for the first time on Thursday for a couple of nights and just wanted to see if the SB was still active?

Thanks

Excess
08-24-10, 19:05
... only worry though is the Sports bar really big enough to be able to hold the Belgian Grand Prix in it ??

Well done.

E.

BionicMan
08-24-10, 22:01
... only worry though is the Sports bar really big enough to be able to hold the Belgian Grand Prix in it ??

Well done.

E.
It can, they run 1/42 scale models :)
but..who is going to be impersonating Mr Max Mosley (in case he returns to GP's?)

Giotto
08-25-10, 03:56
Hi there,

Checking back, its been a long time since anyone posted a field report (seems since the troubles). Not my first time in BKK but am checking to LL for the first time on Thursday for a couple of nights and just wanted to see if the SB was still active?

ThanksIan Oxon,

Sure, still open. Whether active, hmmm, we had better times, there are not too many customers here in Bangkok right now.

Still - the bar is open. Get over here!

Giotto

Nvslim
09-05-10, 15:30
It's been very quiet here. I hope all is well at the lodge and the sports bar.

May the economy pick up and every body get rich.

Slim

Giotto
09-06-10, 06:45
It's been very quiet here. I hope all is well at the lodge and the sports bar.

May the economy pick up and every body get rich.

SlimNvslim,

Business was a catastrophe until mid of August. Its right now getting better - hopefully it stays like this. It was a real frustrating time before.

Now we have 20 + girls again in the Sports Lounge - and the customers are back too. Looks good at the moment, not too busy but a good crowd. No complaints :) ...

Hope to c u soon back at the Lodge.

Giotto

Wolfie Mike
09-07-10, 17:39
Hi Giotto,

I'm making a rare visit to Thailand this week. Unfortunately I have to stay elsewhere due to Company requirements, but hopefully I will get down to see the famous place for a beer.

What time does the SB open and shut?

WM

Giotto
09-08-10, 15:14
Hi Giotto,

I'm making a rare visit to Thailand this week. Unfortunately I have to stay elsewhere due to Company requirements, but hopefully I will get down to see the famous place for a beer.

What time does the SB open and shut?

WMWolfie Mike,

The girls come to work at 5 pm, usually customers come around 7 pm.

The bar closes at 1 am.

C U.

Giotto

Cunning Linguist
09-21-10, 11:58
Before I went to Livingstone's, I had become rather jaded towards Thailand in general and with the area around Nana Plaza (Soi 4, Soi 5, Soi 7, Soi 7/1) in particular. After my freaky night in Bangkok which I dutifully recorded in the Bangkok Reports thread, I was weirded out with Thailand. After my great experiences in Haiti and China, I was rather down on Thailand. I stayed at Livingstone's around the first week of September and there for three days.

All in all, Livingstone's restored my liking for Thailand. While I was there, I accomplished absolutely nothing ... which is good. I wanted and need a rest and Livingstone's certainly accomplished that. It is extremely relaxing and comforting. Giotto is a great conversationalist but there is a caveat. Like me, he likes to talk about a great variety of subjects and not just about BJs, BJ bars, etc. If you are into intelligent conversation, Giotto is delightful. I also met NicFrenchy who is also a great guy.

Breakfast did not seem to have a time limit and you are able to have breakfast right night to the pool, a delight in itself. The breakfast is ordered by checking off a list of what you would like. I was confused by the term "Farmer Bread" but it turned out to be slices of French bread, at least that is what it looked like to me. The staff were very nice and accomodating there as well.

The night I was at the Sports Bar, it was rather busy. Of course, sports in general bores me to tears and football ... well, let us say I am adverse to football, soccer, etc. However, I did meet a nice girl, about 28. She was not the prettiest girl I have ever seen there but there was something that I did really like about her. We switched back and forth from Thai to English in our conversation. I decided to "keep" her. The bar fine is an amazingly 1,000 baht (especially as the baht is soaring in value, and is 1,500 before 11:00 p.m.!!!) and the all night rate was 2,500 baht, However, it was worth every satang of it. She was simply great in bed, a veritable tigress. She really knows how to do it. You will have to ask Giotto who she is. He will tell you, but please be nice to her.

In any case, I kept her for 3 days! She really provided the GFE which I think was sincere enough. I was, of course, very nice and respectful with her. I invited her out to lunch and dinner a lot. On my last day, she even bought me a couple of presents. No Thai girl has ever done that for me!!!

From now on, whenever I am in Bangkok, I will make Livingstone's my home.

Traveler1234
09-22-10, 03:21
My company embargo to visit LOS has finally been lifted; unfortunately can't stay at my favorite Inn. But looking forward to stopping over for drinks, dinner and whatever in early Oct.

Giotto
09-22-10, 08:27
Like me, he likes to talk about a great variety of subjects and not just about BJs, BJ bars, etc.
From now on, whenever I am in Bangkok, I will make Livingstone's my home.Cunning Linguist,

BESTARD!

Admit it - we only talked about BJs, BJ bars, etc. - and "farmers bread" :) . But to talk to you is anyway difficult - you always use at least 5 languages simultaneously.

Anyway - good to meet you, come back soon.

Giotto

Manizales911
09-24-10, 14:28
Before I went to Livingstone's, I had become rather jaded towards Thailand in general and with the area around Nana Plaza (Soi 4, Soi 5, Soi 7, Soi 7/1) in particular. After my freaky night in Bangkok which I dutifully recorded in the Bangkok Reports thread, I was weirded out with Thailand. After my great experiences in Haiti and China, I was rather down on Thailand. I stayed at Livingstone's around the first week of September and there for three days.

All in all, Livingstone's restored my liking for Thailand. While I was there, I accomplished absolutely nothing ... which is good. I wanted and need a rest and Livingstone's certainly accomplished that. It is extremely relaxing and comforting. Giotto is a great conversationalist but there is a caveat. Like me, he likes to talk about a great variety of subjects and not just about BJs, BJ bars, etc. If you are into intelligent conversation, Giotto is delightful. I also met NicFrenchy who is also a great guy.

Breakfast did not seem to have a time limit and you are able to have breakfast right night to the pool, a delight in itself. The breakfast is ordered by checking off a list of what you would like. I was confused by the term "Farmer Bread" but it turned out to be slices of French bread, at least that is what it looked like to me. The staff were very nice and accomodating there as well.

The night I was at the Sports Bar, it was rather busy. Of course, sports in general bores me to tears and football ... well, let us say I am adverse to football, soccer, etc. However, I did meet a nice girl, about 28. She was not the prettiest girl I have ever seen there but there was something that I did really like about her. We switched back and forth from Thai to English in our conversation. I decided to "keep" her. The bar fine is an amazingly 1,000 baht (especially as the baht is soaring in value, and is 1,500 before 11:00 p.m.!!!) and the all night rate was 2,500 baht, However, it was worth every satang of it. She was simply great in bed, a veritable tigress. She really knows how to do it. You will have to ask Giotto who she is. He will tell you, but please be nice to her.

In any case, I kept her for 3 days! She really provided the GFE which I think was sincere enough. I was, of course, very nice and respectful with her. I invited her out to lunch and dinner a lot. On my last day, she even bought me a couple of presents. No Thai girl has ever done that for me!!!

From now on, whenever I am in Bangkok, I will make Livingstone's my home.Newbie to Thailand and Giotto's place.

Two questions, how much is the ST rate and what time does the girl stay until the next morning with TLN. Am I correct in that at 1500 BF and 2500 TLN that works out to approx. $131. USD? Ouch.

NicFrenchy
09-25-10, 00:42
Giotto is a great conversationalist but there is a caveat. Like me, he likes to talk about a great variety of subjects and not just about BJs, BJ bars, etc. If you are into intelligent conversation, Giotto is delightful. I also met NicFrenchy who is also a great guy.

Was a pleasure Meeting you, be sure to let me know next time you pop in the Lodge, i'll come over for a Coffee

Cunning Linguist
09-25-10, 11:01
Newbie to Thailand and Giotto's place.

Two questions, how much is the ST rate and what time does the girl stay until the next morning with TLN. Am I correct in that at 1500 BF and 2500 TLN that works out to approx. $131. USD? Ouch.
The Bar fine is 1500 before 11:00 p.m. and 1000 after 11. I understand it goes down further around closing time if I am not mistaken.

I don't know about short time but I imagine it would be around 1500 but I don't know. It is subject to negotiation. The long time fee would be between 2,000 and 3,000 baht though there are some that pay more though I doubt less. However, you get what you pay for. The service was much better than in other places (e.g. Nana) but that is MY experience. Your mileage may vary.

Golly Woggle
10-08-10, 12:07
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not. But I wanted post a quick thanks for a wonderful stay.

I just left Bangkok this morning after a very short two-day stay; and I must say, I really enjoyed staying at the lodge.

This was my first time in Bangkok alone. And was my first chance to experience the hobby in that city. I'm glad I listened to all the positive posts here and decided to stay at Livingstone's. It was a nice balance to the craziness at Soi Cowboy and Patpong I experienced during my first night out (I didn't even get to Nana. Got lost LOL). To be honest, I would have been more than satisfied spending both evenings in your Sports Bar. I had a lot of fun last night and it was a pleasure meeting a particular someone as well as the rest of the girls.

I visited Bangkok once before as a vanilla tourist and my final reaction then was I didn't really care to return; but after this visit, I'm surprised to say that I actually miss Bangkok.

G.

Traveler1234
10-10-10, 01:44
Returned to LOS after 1 year hiatus - stopped by and had dinner & drinks at the Sports Bar. Lots of different faces, new girls but same great service. My wingman is staying at G's, and BF a girl 10 minutes after sitting down.

Unfortunately I had to go home alone to make some family and business calls....although Mrs. G did point out a very young, tall and long legged beauty. Mr. G was overseas attending to other business.

Giotto
10-10-10, 15:51
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not. But I wanted post a quick thanks for a wonderful stay.

I just left Bangkok this morning after a very short two-day stay; and I must say, I really enjoyed staying at the lodge.
Golly Woggle,

glad you liked it ... and sorry that I missed you, I was in China for a few days.

Next time ... :)

Giotto

Giotto
10-10-10, 15:53
Returned to LOS after 1 year hiatus - stopped by and had dinner & drinks at the Sports Bar. Lots of different faces, new girls but same great service. My wingman is staying at G's, and BF a girl 10 minutes after sitting down.
Mr. Marketing Director,

BASTARD! First - not showing up for work for more than a year, and then sneaking into the Lodge when I am not there ... that's too much!

Move your a... over here, bastard :) !

Giotto

Cdndriftwood
10-11-10, 18:54
Thailand the land of smiles. Should be the land of the vertical smile. Was in Bangkok for only about 48 hours. Stayed at Livingstones. Just can't beat Giotto and crew. Great location the Jr Suite with the bath tub for two really improved the performance of the local talent. Just jump into the tub with the jets on. Lots of bubble bath. Champagne

Did go to Eden there had been so many positive reviews and it is a great place to spend an afternoon. Eden should be listed in the 7 sexual wonders in the world. With 18 Spa in Macau.

Cowboy is fun but the good news of the Japanese being in Bangkok is they are paying the talent more. Sol 33 by Livingstones has several little clubs for the Japanese. Picked up a girl on the street on her way to work. Took her for short time and it was so good made a deal to pick her up at 1:00 AM. For the night. The sports bar at Livingstones is always good.

Weird One
10-13-10, 08:46
Livingstone’s Lodge
I am once again settled into Bangkok. This report is mostly for the new guys looking to come to Bangkok and really have no idea where to start on their adventure here. I’m sure the seasoned mongers will snicker to themselves as they read this but I think that there are a lot of lurkers that are trying to learn exactly what and where to go once they get here. If we all remember our first time in Thailand it was pretty much over whelming.
This is where, in my opinion, Livingstone’s comes into play, staying here is like having the ultimate Travel Agent/Advisor all in one, whether you tap the fountain of information that is the headmaster of Livingstone’s (Giotto) or the other mongers you meet here, it will give you a handle on how to control the sensory overload you experience when you first get here.
I know that there is probably going to be a lot of mockery from the old veterans, but I think that this issue needs to be brought up occasionally to help the upcoming group of guys starting out. It’s really easy to take Livingstone’s and Giotto’s crew for granted; they make it so easy to enjoy yourself when you get here. There are many nights I never leave the Lodge because Giotto has made it so easy to benefit from all he has to offer there. It’s a great place to start off from and of course to come back to after the affairs of the day. Giotto never forces anything on anybody but you would have to be a fool not to tap the knowledge that he has to give. I personally have not found a better “home” in Bangkok to operate out of, Giotto has done all the legwork as far as information that you need to know when you get here, take advantage of it and most importantly, don’t fall in love with your first “experience”, the girls here will treat you like no other place you have been, but remember for them it’s just business as usual, just treat them with respect and 95% of the time you will get it in return.
Coming to Livingstone’s is like going on an all inclusive Cruise Ship with Bangkok being the Ocean.
I don’t have any interest in Livingstone’s except that I appreciate a first class operation and always look forward to coming back here. Now all you veterans let it fly!
Weird One

Sky Ryder
10-13-10, 10:31
Livingstone’s Lodge
I am once again settled into Bangkok. This report is mostly for the new guys looking to come to Bangkok and really have no idea where to start on their adventure here. I’m sure the seasoned mongers will snicker to themselves as they read this but I think that there are a lot of lurkers that are trying to learn exactly what and where to go once they get here. If we all remember our first time in Thailand it was pretty much over whelming.
This is where, in my opinion, Livingstone’s comes into play, staying here is like having the ultimate Travel Agent/Advisor all in one, whether you tap the fountain of information that is the headmaster of Livingstone’s (Giotto) or the other mongers you meet here, it will give you a handle on how to control the sensory overload you experience when you first get here.
I know that there is probably going to be a lot of mockery from the old veterans, but I think that this issue needs to be brought up occasionally to help the upcoming group of guys starting out. It’s really easy to take Livingstone’s and Giotto’s crew for granted; they make it so easy to enjoy yourself when you get here. There are many nights I never leave the Lodge because Giotto has made it so easy to benefit from all he has to offer there. It’s a great place to start off from and of course to come back to after the affairs of the day. Giotto never forces anything on anybody but you would have to be a fool not to tap the knowledge that he has to give. I personally have not found a better “home” in Bangkok to operate out of, Giotto has done all the legwork as far as information that you need to know when you get here, take advantage of it and most importantly, don’t fall in love with your first “experience”, the girls here will treat you like no other place you have been, but remember for them it’s just business as usual, just treat them with respect and 95% of the time you will get it in return.
Coming to Livingstone’s is like going on an all inclusive Cruise Ship with Bangkok being the Ocean.
I don’t have any interest in Livingstone’s except that I appreciate a first class operation and always look forward to coming back here. Now all you veterans let it fly!
Weird One

I couldn't agree more!

BionicMan
10-13-10, 13:53
One thing has to be improved!
Definetely!
I always have a hard time (no pun intended) to open the jam/marmalade container for breakfast!
The matter has to be addressed!
Giotto and Guido, please combine forces....
other than that, my 30hrs stay of this week and the 3 days of last week have been great
Staff is always nice and helpful, very attentive too.
The Sports Bar girls are also nice and respect is owed to all of them.
There is a newby in the group from this week
The report from my wingman who had the opportunity to stay with her monday night has been positive.
And mine was postive too: good conversionalist in english too, attentive in the room and enjoying being pleased.
I might be pop in 2 weeks for just an overnight, not much expected other than a friendly enviroment! Not to be taken for granted when traveling around

Giotto
10-13-10, 14:12
Thailand the land of smiles. Should be the land of the vertical smile. Was in Bangkok for only about 48 hours. Stayed at Livingstones. Just can't beat Giotto and crew. Great location the Jr Suite with the bath tub for two really improved the performance of the local talent. Just jump into the tub with the jets on. Lots of bubble bath. Champagne
Cdndriftwood,

Thanks for staying with us (though I have no idea who you are :) ).

Can you guys please come down to my desk (outside, between hotel bar and swimming pool, I really suffer a hard life :) ) and introduce yourself? Otherwise I have no idea who is writing here ...

Hope to see you back at the Lodge soon!

Giotto

Harry Dude
10-15-10, 18:40
Stayed at Livingstones about a month or so ago, my second stay. First time was in march this year.

As enjoyable as my first stay - I really like the facilities. The Sports bar was great, I enjoyed being beaten at pool by the nice ladies.

Sonic Bam
10-15-10, 23:07
Ah man, I need a holiday. Wish you guys would stop talking about the place.

Giotto
10-18-10, 14:00
Definetely!
I always have a hard time (no pun intended) to open the jam/marmalade container for breakfast!
The matter has to be addressed!
Giotto and Guido, please combine forces....
Seriously, Bionicman,

what do we have to do with your jam/marmalade container in the morning?

I strictly refuse to get involved. The concept is: Take a girl out at night, and during breakfast she will open your "containers" ... hopefully all of them :).

BASTARD!!!

Giotto

BionicMan
10-18-10, 19:13
Seriously, Bionicman,
what do we have to do with your jam/marmalade container in the morning?
I strictly refuse to get involved. The concept is: Take a girl out at night, and during breakfast she will open your "containers" ... hopefully all of them :).
BASTARD!!!
Giotto
that's a good strategy!
I might pass by for an overnight next monday
book me a girl for the Sports Bar, one of your choice, I am not so picky to be willing to select a jam/marmalade container opener.
Make sure there are some marmaladecontainers (not apricot, on this I am picky!) in the room already or whatever those little small portion in a soft tin are called.
I'll keep her for the night so I can teach and train her how to handle that and I shall return it to the establishment in the morning after fully skilled.
I trust her presence with be complimentary!
Oooooops..ok..ok I just tried!
Maybe see you (again) next week for the 3rd time in... 4 weeks
Lufthansa and Thai give me miles... as a frequent flyer...by the way (just a hint)
take care

BionicMan
10-26-10, 06:44
that's a good strategy!
I might pass by for an overnight next monday
take carearrived quite late last night for a short time stay. Still in time to catch a repeat at the bar :)
And, despite all odds of taking breakfast alone, I managed with the jam container opening: life is not so bad!
Heqading abck to europe with good memories of 3 stays at LL in appr 4 weeks.
See you next year, folks!

Global Citizen
10-26-10, 08:27
Hi G,

I'll be landing on Nov 2 - can I get the discount still ? I know it says ends on Oct 31 but I thought I'd try.

GC

Giotto
10-26-10, 14:57
Hi G,

I'll be landing on Nov 2 - can I get the discount still ? I know it says ends on Oct 31 but I thought I'd try.

GCGlobal Citizen,

The low-season after-red-shirt-protest discount ends on 31.10.2010.

This ISG discount will be prolonged, and prolonged - endlessly :) :

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=869143&postcount=19

C U .

Giotto

Timewind
11-01-10, 12:07

Definetely!

The matter has to be addressed!Bionicman,

Your are totally right. I am staying the first time here at the Lodge and I had my problem with the marmelade too. I was about to throw them into the pool LOL

Apart from that, I enjoy my stay here very much. It is really a little oasis in a very busy city. Now sitting at the pool, looking at lovely ladies, having a beer or two. Life can be worse.

Timewind

Giotto
11-01-10, 18:32
Bionicman,

Your are totally right. I am staying the first time here at the Lodge and I had my problem with the marmelade too. I was about to throw them into the pool LOL
Ok, ok,

Before this becomes a serious issue and will be discussed on the front page of "The Times" - we will take marmelade off the breakfast menu!!! No problems with any "container" any more :) ...

Don't you have other problems, you BESTARDS :) ???

Giotto

BionicMan
11-01-10, 19:08
Ok, ok,

Before this becomes a serious issue and will be discussed on the front page of "The Times" - we will take marmelade off the breakfast menu!!! No problems with any "container" any more :) ...

Don't you have other problems, you BESTARDS :) ???

Giotto
If I were you I would be happy your guests have only problems as such!
We shall not report this to red shirts, don't worry.
LL is indeed an oasis in the centre of the city.

I forgot to mention the great attitude of the girls at the Sports Bar, but I know it is none of your business. Your mission is the marmalade container.
You have a mission by overwhelming demand!

Franco Cozzo
11-08-10, 15:57
Hello Giotto,
I read your report on using the Airport Link train a while back, and was considering using it (although will be pretty wrecked by the time I fly in).

I then found the Airport Express bus, which drops off at a few of the larger multinational hotels for THB150. As you seem to be relatively close to some of these hotels (Sukhumvit Soi 20 -Novotel Hotel, Sukhumvit seem to be closest according to google maps), is this a viable way to get to the lodge from the airport in the mid afternoon, or would you recommend the train or taxi (they both seem to get mixed reports)?

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55

Rocksoff
11-08-10, 16:09
I then found the Airport Express bus, which drops off at a few of the larger multinational hotels for THB150.

It will be better than the train. AE3 goes down Sukhumvit, I'd be surprised if they didn't let you get down at soi 33, at least if you don't have a lot of luggage.

Giotto
11-08-10, 21:07
Hello Giotto,
I read your report on using the Airport Link train a while back, and was considering using it (although will be pretty wrecked by the time I fly in).

I then found the Airport Express bus, which drops off at a few of the larger multinational hotels for THB150. As you seem to be relatively close to some of these hotels (Sukhumvit Soi 20 -Novotel Hotel, Sukhumvit seem to be closest according to google maps), is this a viable way to get to the lodge from the airport in the mid afternoon, or would you recommend the train or taxi (they both seem to get mixed reports)?

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55Franco Cozzo,

Novotel Lotus is 50 m away from Livingstone's ... that should be ok. I don't know about a Novotel hotel in Soi 20. Soi 20 is about 500 m from here.

I would take a taxi ...

Giotto

BionicMan
11-08-10, 21:55
Franco Cozzo,

Novotel Lotus is 50 m away from Livingstone's ... that should be ok. I don't know about a Novotel hotel in Soi 20. Soi 20 is about 500 m from here.

I would take a taxi ...

Giotto
I take a taxi too to go to LL... not the end of hte world to spend some 300TB...certainly not a damage to a mongerer wallet

Frnaco Cozzo: when you are in soi 33 tell the taxi driver to go past Novotel (often they think that is your detination) by some 50mtrs, after a couple of bars you will see the LL sign (as in their web) and also two elephant teeth...:) that is your destination. You will have to walk some 20 mtrs to the inside of the alley and if it si the right time (afternoon onweard) some girls will help you. What a great way to be welcomed at LL!

Giotto
11-09-10, 20:14
What a great way to be welcomed at LL!Naahhh,

usually we hand out marmelade containers at the entrance :) ...

Giotto

Tamurlane26
11-10-10, 17:33
Well here I am in Malaysia listening to a Project Manager tell me how he got canned and then I recommend he goes to Bangkok to enjoy himself. And lo and behold what does he say but "i have been there" and describes the lodge off pat - now this is a coincidence or what and yes my impression of said individual went up a notch or so.

Now the real question is will he read this and then add the dots together !!

Giotto
11-11-10, 18:24
Now the real question is will he read this and then add the dots together !!Tamurlane26,

I think I know him ... does he have a father :) ?

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=671399

Giotto

Tamurlane26
11-15-10, 16:00
He was so rusty he was unable to join the dots together so ran to the desert instead. As for the other clown the Singapore Hockey Club lost its member and he ended up trying to face off the locals in Sentosa where he lost the puck. End result he was never allowed back to the lodge.

As for our rusty friend there is still hope although having been offered a night with a TV from DiA he is beginning to wonder if the offer from Giotto of rust removal with WD40 is a possibility !!

Perhaps Santa will open the stocking early and grant him his wish

NicFrenchy
11-28-10, 04:32
Had a Great Time with Pita123 last night and the food recommendations from Mr Guido were spot-on! I'll come back for that German Sausage dish... amazing.

Giotto, Sorry I did not say goodbye, I saw you were really busy with all these girls in the Pool.. for the Pool Party :D

Sonic Bam
11-29-10, 21:55
..... recommendations from Mr Guido were spot-on! I'll come back for that German Sausage dish... amazing.
I'd watch out for the German sausage recommendations from Guido ......

Giotto
11-30-10, 04:27
...the food recommendations from Mr Guido ...German Sausage ...

Giotto, Sorry I did not say goodbye, I saw you were really busy with all these girls in the Pool.. for the Pool Party :DNicFrenchy,

Good to see you again, you seam to be very busy lately ...

Did not watch you leaving with Mr. Guido either, I hope you had fun with the German Sausage :) .

Giotto

NicFrenchy
12-01-10, 05:21
Did not watch you leaving with Mr. Guido either, I hope you had fun with the German Sausage :) .
Giotto

HEY !!!
I am very disappointed by you and Livingstones.... You always said that it is a very Discreet Place? and you go on telling everyone about my "german Sausage" history with Mr Guido :(

I left the Pool Party even before the girls ended up in the pool... must have been an early night :D

Ghatotkach
12-03-10, 10:52
I plan to be in Bangkok later this month. I am checking the availability of rooms at the Lodge in any case. If I do get a room, this would be my first time at the Lodge.

I have gone through most of the reports in this forum. Overwhelming !

As of now, I have a question. Like most of you, I do not like to sleep alone at night. With in-house talent available, it would always be the first choice. I wonder what the going rate, or rates, are like for the Sports women at the Lodge for a full night's sojourn.

Thanks

Duniawala
12-04-10, 18:35
I plan to be in Bangkok later this month. I am checking the availability of rooms at the Lodge in any case. If I do get a room, this would be my first time at the Lodge.

I have gone through most of the reports in this forum. Overwhelming !

As of now, I have a question. Like most of you, I do not like to sleep alone at night. With in-house talent available, it would always be the first choice. I wonder what the going rate, or rates, are like for the Sports women at the Lodge for a full night's sojourn.

Thanks
Sports women? The bar has evidently upped itself. Good going, Dr.G.

BF 1500 before midnight I beleive.
LT negotiable 2500+

Giotto
12-04-10, 21:00
HEY !!!
I am very disappointed by you and Livingstones.... You always said that it is a very Discreet Place? and you go on telling everyone about my "german Sausage" history with Mr Guido :(

I left the Pool Party even before the girls ended up in the pool... must have been an early night :DFroggy,

I don't know anything about your relationship with Mr. Guido. And I did not write anything about your relationship with Mr. Guido. And I also don't wonder why you don't write so much in the ISG any more since you are in this "relationship" with Mr. Guido. I also don't know anything about your history with Mr. Guido.

I know, that you left the Pool Party BEFORE the girls ended up in the pool. I ask myself, how you know, that the girls ended up in the pool - if you left before. But - I think somebody told you - may be Mr. Guido?

All I know is your preference for German saussages. You like German saussages. Don't you? You said so. Remember?

Guido - he likes German sauss... damned, up to you.

Giotto

PS.: He sucks [good], doesn't he?

Giotto
12-04-10, 21:06
Sports women? The bar has evidently upped itself. Good going, Dr.G.

BF 1500 before midnight I beleive.
LT negotiable 2500+Sir,

The Barfine (let's call it FED-bailout) is 1,500.00 before 11 pm. It's 1,000.00 THB until the bar closes. After the bar closes its THB 700,00.

Compared to the 3.3 trillion USD the FED spend to bail out financial institutions, banks etc. in late 2008 our bail-out fine is really cheap (its bar fine, don't worry, same thing, different word).

Go for Bernanke - GO FOR LIVINGSTONE'S. Obama forever (ohhh ,,, may be not).

Giotto

Duniawala
12-05-10, 18:48
Sir,

The Barfine (let's call it FED-bailout) is 1,500.00 before 11 pm. It's 1,000.00 THB until the bar closes. After the bar closes its THB 700,00.

Compared to the 3.3 trillion USD the FED spend to bail out financial institutions, banks etc. in late 2008 our bail-out fine is really cheap (its bar fine, don't worry, same thing, different word).

Go for Bernanke - GO FOR LIVINGSTONE'S. Obama forever (ohhh ,,, may be not).

Giotto
Thanks for the correction, Dr. G. It's been a long time since I have been there.

And whats this thing going around about German and French sausages? Clarification needed. :)

NicFrenchy
12-18-10, 12:50
Froggy,

I don't know anything about your relationship with Mr. Guido. And I did not write anything about your relationship with Mr. Guido. And I also don't wonder why you don't write so much in the ISG any more since you are in this "relationship" with Mr. Guido. I also don't know anything about your history with Mr. Guido.

I know, that you left the Pool Party BEFORE the girls ended up in the pool. I ask myself, how you know, that the girls ended up in the pool. If you left before. But. I think somebody told you. May be Mr. Guido?

All I know is your preference for German saussages. You like German saussages. Don't you? You said so. Remember?

Guido. He likes German sauss. Damned, up to you.

Giotto.

PS. : He sucks [good], doesn't he? Ok ok, that's enough. I will not even comment on that, you know us Frenchies don't bend that way. I only like the German Sausages that Mr Guido Cooks. And besides. The one that ended up in my mouth the other night was way too thin to count as a sausage. But hey, who am I to judge. Ask Pita123, he tried the sausage as well.

Hahahahaha

NicFrenchy
12-18-10, 13:02
Thanks for the correction, Dr. G. It's been a long time since I have been there.

And whats this thing going around about German and French sausages? Clarification needed. . Not sure what you mean. *quietly escaping through the back door*

Pita123
12-18-10, 15:41
Ok ok, that's enough. I will not even comment on that, you know us Frenchies don't bend that way. I only like the German Sausages that Mr Guido Cooks. And besides. The one that ended up in my mouth the other night was way too thin to count as a sausage. But hey, who am I to judge. Ask Pita123, he tried the sausage as well.

HahahahahaOysters are really my preferred taste. Tonight going to fry up some Argentinan sausages.

Pita123
12-18-10, 15:44
Not sure what you mean. *quietly escaping through the back door*Did you need to get the key from Guido?

Giotto
12-20-10, 19:47
Ok ok, that's enough. ... German Sausages ... Mr Guido ...ended up in my mouth ...Froggy,

Yep, that's really enough! No more details, please :) !

Giotto.

NicFrenchy
12-22-10, 08:04
Froggy,

Yep, that's really enough! No more details, please. !

Giotto.

That "Quote" was tainted! You really have a gift for manipulating the truth LOL.

OK, Fine, next time I come I will force you to eat that German Sausage all on your own. .

Nvslim
12-29-10, 12:43
Here is wishing all at the Lodge a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

May your worst days in 2011 be better than your best days in 2010.

Slim.

P. S.

Another year slipped by and I still have not made it to BKK. Maybe 2011 will be my year.

Note: Header in first message did not translate properly.

Duniawala
12-31-10, 18:30
Wishing you all at the Livingstone a very happy and prosperous new year.

-D

Giotto
01-01-11, 06:14
Wishing all our friends and customers out there a Happy New Year 2011. May you all stay healthy and experience some happy moments this year.

Hope to see you back at the Lodge soon.

Giotto.

PS: Froggy, may you overcome your "Sausomania" this year and re-convert.... continuing your monger life as before!

Indian1
01-01-11, 17:03
Wishing all our friends and customers out there a Happy New Year 2011. May you all stay healthy and experience some happy moments this year.

Giotto.

PS: Froggy, may you overcome your "Sausomania" this year and re-convert. Continuing your monger life as before!

Sky Ryder
01-01-11, 22:01

Giotto.

PS: Froggy, may you overcome your "Sausomania" this year and re-convert. Continuing your monger life as before! Thanks for the greetings! I look forward to my next visit and soon! I truly enjoyed the hospitality!

NicFrenchy
01-02-11, 05:32
PS: Froggy, may you overcome your "Sausomania" this year and re-convert.... continuing your monger life as before!Well, why blame me because I like the German Sausage that's on your menu? And so well recommended By Mr Guido?

And yes, I am kind of back to Mongering but maybe not as often as before. You can expect a few reports here and there

Giotto
01-02-11, 18:37
Well, why blame me because I like the German Sausage that's on your menu? And so well recommended By Mr Guido?

Froggy,

Mr. Guido again, that's already a kind of obsession.

And. The German Sausage on our menu is FOOD. That's a complete different thing. ! You should ask ... ahemm ... Guido!

Giotto.

NicFrenchy
01-03-11, 02:45
The German Sausage on our menu is FOOD.Yes, that's what I am referring to, the FOOD. What the hell were you thinking?

Giotto
01-03-11, 04:03
Yes, that's what I am referring to, the FOOD. What the hell were you thinking?Froggy,

Nice try. But we both know the truth :) .

Giotto.

Duniawala
01-03-11, 18:55
Froggy,

Nice try. But we both know the truth. .

Giotto.

And now everybody knows. .

Pita123
01-04-11, 05:27
I did try to steer the frog toward the young calf cream sauce I so enjoyed. But he stuck with the old German sausage.

Giotto
01-04-11, 18:25
I did try to steer the frog toward the young calf cream sauce I so enjoyed. But he stuck with the old German sausage.Yep,

That's what I thought. It's so sad.

Giotto.

NicFrenchy
01-05-11, 01:28
Yep,

That's what I thought. It's so sad.

Giotto.

There! I got it. I was wondering why you were so interested. I GOT IT now. You are just jealous and sad because I took a sausage that was allocated to you. Well if that's the case, I will have 2 sausages next time.

And for the record, Mr Pita123 was really ogling the sausage. I tried to offer him a piece but I think he was scared of the Reaction of the Boss. So Mr Giotto? Anything we should know?

NicFrenchy
01-05-11, 01:29
And now everybody knows. .Yeah, looks like I'm proper fucked now. .

Giotto
01-05-11, 05:08
There! I got it. I was wondering why you were so interested. I GOT IT now. You are just jealous and sad because I took a sausage that was allocated to you. Well if that's the case, I will have 2 sausages next time.

So Mr Giotto? Anything we should know? Froggy,

Strategy of distraction? Nice try again.

2 sausages next time. Livingstone's will be a gay club soon. What a shame. . . :)

Giotto.

NicFrenchy
01-05-11, 09:08
Livingstone's will be a gay club soon. Ah really? A new fantasy of yours? See, I always told you you should follow your dreams and talk openly about your preferences. Well, looks like you have finally decided to tell us all the truth.

Good luck with the Gay Club, I'll stick to the ladies (if you don't mind)

Giotto
01-07-11, 18:51
..., I'll stick to the ladies (if you don't mind)Yep.

The queens :) ...

Giotto.

Llewyth
01-28-11, 17:41
I was 4 Nights in Livingstone in January. Really good location, clean, and the staff is polite and usefull. They have Tiger draft beer, and the Thai cuisine is good.

I think that I will stay there again next time that I will be in BKK (hopefully soon! .

Ghatotkach
01-29-11, 05:47
Just out of sheer curiosity. Till when is the Sports Lounge open? And do the lovely girls I read about in this forum have a closing time?

Pita123
01-29-11, 07:24
Just out of sheer curiosity. Till when is the Sports Lounge open? And do the lovely girls I read about in this forum have a closing time?1 AM and up to them (and you).

PosterLion
02-01-11, 01:00
Naw,

I'm joking. This is an Oklahoma Rat. Bangkok Rats are wussies and quite small in comparison. :)

Boater Boy
02-10-11, 20:02
Hi,

Firstly hope I spelt it properly. I am considering coming over during the 2nd Week April. Work dates set the timing.

Are there any special concerns during this time?

Getting the suasage wet it expected!

Seriously though, shall I try to shift my visit? I come to BKK for girls and great food and beer.

Boater Bot

BionicMan
02-11-11, 11:22
I should pop in at the LL during the Songkran festivities, Sunday night to wend morning.

As I am familiar with the celebrations, apart getting eventually wet in the pool area, LOL, how is it going in general at the Lodge and sports bar? Business as usual? Worth walking to Nana from there? Or better enjoy inhouse or soi 33 facilities only?

A word of advice will be useful to many.

Thanks

Nvslim
02-11-11, 13:33
Naw,

I'm joking. This is an Oklahoma Rat. Bangkok Rats are wussies and quite small in comparison. .

145967In case you can't tell its a gator with a wild boar in its mouth.

Slim

Plasmids
02-11-11, 18:29
Hi Giotto.

I too may be back at LL April 9-15, Will the Sports Bar girls be there or do they all go home for vacation?

Thanks,

P

Hi,

Firstly hope I spelt it properly. I am considering coming over during the 2nd Week April. Work dates set the timing.

Are there any special concerns during this time?

Seriously though, shall I try to shift my visit? I come to BKK for girls and great food and beer.

Boater Bot

Giotto
02-12-11, 05:17
I should pop in at the LL during the Songkran festivities, Sunday night to wend morning.

As I am familiar with the celebrations, apart getting eventually wet in the pool area, LOL, how is it going in general at the Lodge and sports bar? Business as usual? Worth walking to Nana from there? Or better enjoy inhouse or soi 33 facilities only?

Bionicman,

Songkran. Business as usual here at the Lodge. Normally lots of customers, hopping from bar to bar.

I personally would NOT walk from here to Nana during that time period. But that depends on your personal preferences. If you like to take an hours long shower in public. . Songkran is everywhere, but especially in the bar areas (Nana, Cowboy, Soi 33).

It's always fun to sit outside at the entrance and watch the Thais playing on the street. That's basically enough Songkran for me.

Giotto

Giotto
02-12-11, 05:18
Hi Giotto.

I too may be back at LL April 9-15, Will the Sports Bar girls be there or do they all go home for vacation?

Hi, Plasmids,

Most of them will be here, some will be bar-fined from returning customers. And a few go home to their families.

Should be business as usual.

Giotto

Giotto
02-12-11, 05:23

Boater Boy,

I cannot commend on the sausages. Please contact NicFrenchy, he is the sausage "special"ist. .

Be prepared that it is a wet season. And if you walk around you cannot avoid to get wet. Mobiles and money in a plastic bag / cover. And then it is basically great fun.

Giotto

TOMtravels
02-13-11, 09:50
First time in Thailand. Spent 1 week with wife at Park Plaza (very nice). Now without wife at Livingstone's Lodge (on day 8 of 9 here).

First of all finding the hotel is very simple and yet the taxi driver will not know the name so you can tell him the Novotel Lotus on Soi 33. Looking just past the Lotus, the taxi driver and I missed the hotel first time around the block because it is just a driveway and two large elephant tusk in front (which stick out less than you would think.) The hotel is set back. After exploring the hotel a bit is seems much larger than the 20 rooms that they specify in the brochure. The general condition of everything is very good, if I had to guess I would rate 3. 5 stars. Décor in the bathrooms can be a little dark (see their pictures). But, what sets the hotel apart is the incredible friendliness of the staff. I do not mean just a polite service type friendly – I mean more like friends you know and can confide in. Everyone goes out of their way to give advice and ask what you are up to. Also, it is very easy to talk to other guest (because we all here have a lot in common). Of course, you can quite openly ask the staff anything. The attitude here is that this is your holiday; you want to relax and have a good time without worry.

I find the food to be very good where ever I go in BKK. Livingstone's is no exception. They are especially good with the Thai food.

In the evening, there are about 9 ladies working in the hotel sports bar. Most of them are very very attractive, all are higher class then the typical bar girl and all seem to provide the GFE (I tried 3 of them). There is NO pressure to buy drinks or to take one of these ladies. Every night the ladies dress in a different theme (traditional Thai, maid, long gown etc). It is quite nice to see them all in a coordinated dress. One of the most enjoyable experiences is to start the night with a lady at the hotel restaurant by ordering a Hot Pot. Your lady will do all the work preparing the food and serving you. It's delicious and just a pleasure. Yes, life can be good! In the room, these ladies do not immediately 'go to work', rather there seems to be a little courting required before you see the passion come out. It works for me.

I was not around for one of their monthly swimming pool parties, so I have no idea how that would be. There is a smoking building (the main one) and an out building for non smokers (me).

Location is great. On this street, Soi 33, is a number of upscale hostess bars as well as massage places. A few places have live music. During the heat of the day, what better way to spend 1 or 2 hours than an excellent massage. Ask 'Sum' (the boss' girlfriend and manager) for recommendations for massage places.

The rooms are on the large side. I was upgraded to a junior sweet because my deluxe room was not ready at the time I arrived. That room was huge with a double Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I ended up leaving it two days later because of problems with the air conditioner (now fixed). Since I did not want to wait for the repair, I moved into a 'superior' room (the smallest room). This room is much smaller and no separate shower but, like I said, the rooms run large so this is no problem for me.

The next street over, Soi 31, has several great restaurants also (especially the Sushi restaurant 'O' something).

Would I stay here again? Well, if I wanted to relax, talk to people, have immediate access to really nice ladies, have a hotel with a very good restaurant, close to other restaurants, close to sky train and subway etc at a fair price then yes. Was it a 5 star hotel that you want to use to impress business associates? – No (well, I guess it depends what their interest is).

Sonic Bam
02-13-11, 20:26
Ask 'Sum' (the boss' girlfriend and manager) for recommendations for massage places.Always appears to me that Som is the boss. . . .

BionicMan
02-13-11, 23:20
Bionicman,

Songkran. Business as usual here at the Lodge. Normally lots of customers, hopping from bar to bar.

I personally would NOT walk from here to Nana during that time period. But that depends on your personal preferences. If you like to take an hours long shower in public. . Songkran is everywhere, but especially in the bar areas (Nana, Cowboy, Soi 33).

It's always fun to sit outside at the entrance and watch the Thais playing on the street. That's basically enough Songkran for me.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thWet days are in the agenda. I know, same as eventually taking a cab to move to Soi 4 (to check the water there too!)

Hope to survive the walk from taxi to reception, though as I arrive on 10th late in the evening (will Songkran already on then?)

Anyhow, Guido is getting my booking, so count for one sure guest from ISG.

Sonic Bam
02-14-11, 00:51
Happy b'day, Giotto! A significant, round number this year? :)

Giotto
02-14-11, 10:07
Happy b'day, Giotto! A significant, round number this year? :)Thanks,

Na, no round number. Getting younger every year now. .

Giotto

Duniawala
02-15-11, 18:08
Happy Birthday Dr. G. Hope your Birthday was full of nubile women of disrepute. :)

Traveler1234
02-15-11, 18:09
Belated birthday wishes. Hope all is well.

Indian1
02-15-11, 18:56
Happy birthday, many more to come.

Asian Phetish
02-18-11, 17:26
Just my luck to arrive on a national holiday today. Really quiet on the streets. Is Livingstones sports bar open tonight Friday 18 feb 2011?

Giotto
02-19-11, 04:33
Just my luck to arrive on a national holiday today. Really quiet on the streets. Is Livingstones sports bar open tonight Friday 18 feb 2011?Asia Phetish,

I got this a bit late. Yes, we were open yesterday :) - we are open on all holidays.

Giotto.

Sonic Bam
02-19-11, 23:01
Thanks,

Na, no round number. Getting younger every year now. .

GiottoI'll start counting backwards as well when I hit that number. :p

Dutchtech
03-02-11, 11:56
Day 1

Trying to expel the thought of the smelly Chinese grand-motherly type of girl which took me to one of those no-doubt slum lord ran apartment complexes for a little dirty session, I chased via taxi to terminal 3 of the gorgeous Dubai airport. I felt sorry for whoever was sitting next to me for I must have smelt like a slumlord playboy, you know that mix of love odors and the poor excuse of cologne camouflage.

Usually love the Emirates flight to BKK, but I was restless / anxious to arrive (flight time only 5h25m). Getting through customs was a breeze, spotted a short line with Japanese business men and moments later I was in the land of many smiles. Tried to get a rental phone at one of the booths with a big sign saying 'rental phones', alas after waiting in line for longer than I care to mention I was told this service was only for Thai nationals.

Before I go on I must let you know that I've been sensing a definite sense of bad karma, mojo or word to that effect since my journey started from my little forward operating base somewhere near Baghdad, Iraq, missed Blackhawk rides, sleeping at heli-pads missing my original flight to Dubai, rescheduling arrangement etc. Etc. We've all had this feeling, the man in the sky was up to no good for me in particular.

I printed out the handy map for taxi drivers which can be found on the Livingstone's site (http://www.livingstones.co.th/map.php). After getting to the front of the line the lovely girl asked me where I wanted to go to which I sheepishly said Bangkok which was cause for some giggling. She went on asking where exactly in Bangkok which would make sense eh. I frantically jogged my memory and gurgled something like Sukhomvit out, she of course said. What? I then tried to re-produce the map which I had in my wallet but I always stash everything in my carry on because of easy passage through the metal detectors. Couldn't find the damn thing and by then angrily let her know to just get me a damn cab to which she complied, no doubt to the relief of the people waiting behind me. Got in the cab, gave the cabbie the map and off we were to our jungle resort in the heart of Bangkok. The drive to Livingstone was a freaking long judging by the 700+THB cost and the time spent in traffic jams, but hell I'm from the Netherlands, can't say I'm not used to that.

Dutchtech
03-02-11, 11:58
the welcome on the early monday morning to the livingstone lodge was great, a friendly and proficient looking girl guided me through my early check in. i booked in before the official check in time but this was not even mentioned. she showed me a couple of rooms, i booked the junior suite, the one with the lovely jacuzzi. the first room had a little jacuzzi and so i sheepishly asked told her it didn't look like the one from the pictures, she directed me to another room which had this lovely huge jacuzzi. great, just what i wanted. i could already picture a couple of hot girls waiting in it for me.

the hotels rooms are very nice, love the bed linen. i spent 300 days out of the year under pretty austere conditions so i'm probably not the best judge but the bed and covers are heavenly. mind you after jumping on it happily a couple of times this was not the first thing i tried out (in case you are wondering, yes my inner child is wide awake, no pillow fights on this point either).

i called up mango's massage for some company in my jaccuzi, it was still early but a couple of girls were already unavailable. maybe still sleeping who knows. they let me know bo (http://mangomassagesoi24.com/index.php?p=1_6_ladies) would be available in 30 minutes so i decided to wait. the wait was well worth it, i had a little terrace where i could smoke as in my room was non-smoking so i ending up smoking a lot making it an observation post for incoming friendlies. sure enough i spotted her after about 20m and welcomed her into my humble abode. i'the read a bit about her under the review section of mango's and also on isg i think and the positive things about her are all true, i never knew porn stars could be this friendly. the serviced offered seemed endless and with a smile, well i never tried peeing in her face or anything or some of the stuff you read about but most acronyms known on isg she welcomed and even encouraged and i tried my best to remember all acronyms and apply them diligently, no i didn't have a checklist.

we started off in the jacuzzi after working out expertly how the jacuzzi controller works, i've worked in it most of my life and still do, so after pressing all the buttons it starting working. lovely how all the twirling water masks all the under water groping of my hungry hands. i think i booked her for about 12 hours but she didn't complain when she figured out that my stamina was pretty good, a real pro in other words. not sure if i'the already acquired viagra and cialis by that time but that's another story to which i'll come to time and energy permitting. i'm writing this 10 days after the fact so my memory can be a bit off at times. not like you'the know anyway &61514;

to be continued.

Pita123
03-02-11, 16:09
Great report so far. Looking forward to more. A few notes.

First, why rent a phone? Just get a prepaid SIM and put into any unlocked phone.

700 THB for the taxi? You were certain taken for a ride!

And lastly, what does a proficient girl look like?

BionicMan
03-02-11, 16:55
Day 1

The drive to Livingstone was a freaking long judging by the 700+THB cost and the time spent in traffic jams, but hell I'm from the Netherlands, can't say I'm not used to that. No flaming but you mut have reached LL from BKK via Pattaya! .

Seriously speaking should have been around a 300 TB fare (some succeed for less, not including the toll of the motorway as it can be bypassed) , just as a side info for yr next trip

Dutchtech
03-02-11, 18:14
No flaming but you mut have reached LL from BKK via Pattaya! .

Seriously speaking should have been around a 300 TB fare (some succeed for less, not including the toll of the motorway as it can be bypassed) , just as a side info for yr next tripMaybe I'm off a hundred thb but this was a metered taxi and it did take us foreeeeeever, I know Bangkok traffic is bad, but that Monday morning I would have probably been quicker walking. Oh and we did take the toll road, driver returned my change and everything. Good guy.

Didn't see any flaming BTW.

Dutchtech
03-02-11, 18:28

First, why rent a phone? Just get a prepaid SIM and put into any unlocked phone.

And lastly, what does a proficient girl look like? My xenophobic employer doesn't allow me have personal electronics where I work, they do allow me to create and manage computer networks. I've long ago given up in trying to find logic in some of this shite, yes shite. I bought a phone with prepaid at MBK if I got that right, on Giotto's advice. Could have gottten one for 700thb opted for a deluxe 900 model LOL, never had such a crappy phone but it rings.

And lastly, what does a proficient girl look like?

Well firstly give a damn non native speaker a break alright and secondly I would picture a proficient girl as one with a mini skirt, school uniform, a dildo in hand and asking me if she can please do my tax returns after we're through having sex.

Thought it was something like 700thb though. I know it's pretty steep.

Dutchtech
03-02-11, 18:32

And lastly, what does a proficient girl look like? P. S. Thanks for the encouragement, as Giotto knows, I don't write, guess I'm a classic lurker.

BionicMan
03-02-11, 19:17
Maybe I'm off a hundred thb but this was a metered taxi and it did take us foreeeeeever, I know Bangkok traffic is bad, but that Monday morning I would have probably been quicker walking. Oh and we did take the toll road, driver returned my change and everything. Good guy.

Didn't see any flaming BTW. It is always critical to discuss about prices here as often both parties take it the wrong way. Scroll on other threads and you will see what I mean.

Nevertheless it is always good to mention what an appropriate price is to give some direction for the benefits of all and for the newbies.
Happy you took it the right way.

There are scams with metered taxis in Thailand, running very fast!
I once boarded a taxi at BKK and after 100 meters off the terminal he activated the meter with no success. Tried another time: no work, sorry.

I felt a price scam was ahead of me, but being midnight (and Sport Bar@LL closes at 1am!) I didn't bother too much and told him to take the highway. When we finally arrived at LL he asked me 400 incl toll! Fair price with no meter records and over midnight! Gave him 50b tip. Whether he cheated his (taxi) employer is another story, LOL. Not my problem, me only farang none of my business!

Hp Xt
03-03-11, 08:41
P. S. Thanks for the encouragement, as Giotto knows, I don't write, guess I'm a classic lurker.Hang in and keep on reporting. I was at LL 5 years ago, it was a life changing experience!

Hp

Dutchtech
03-04-11, 08:49
It is always critical to discuss about prices here as often both parties take it the wrong way. Scroll on other threads and you will see what I mean.

Nevertheless it is always good to mention what an appropriate price is to give some direction for the benefits of all and for the newbies.

Happy you took it the right way.

There are scams with metered taxis in Thailand, running very fast!

I once boarded a taxi at BKK and after 100 meters off the terminal he activated the meter with no success. Tried another time: no work, sorry.

I felt a price scam was ahead of me, but being midnight (and Sport Bar@LL Closes at 1am!) I didn't bother too much and told him to take the highway. When we finally arrived at LL he asked me 400 incl toll! Fair price with no meter records and over midnight! Gave him 50b tip. Whether he cheated his (taxi) employer is another story, LOL. Not my problem, me only farang none of my business! Yeah no kidding, I (willing and knowing) got ripped off a couple time now coming back from spicey / swing disco. Keep meeting this guy there which is gracious enough to bring me back to Soy33 for a mere 200thb. Laughed in his face a couple of time but a few times my female (tired) company twisted my arm into his 'racket'. Ah well, hardly going to be your financial ruin but as a Dutch national it's principally not right, we're supposed to be the ones ripping off folks.

Dutchtech
03-04-11, 09:36
Hang in and keep on reporting. I was at LL 5 years ago, it was a life changing experience!

HpThanks to Giotto it has become obvious that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature. I've met the Thetan, my individualized expression of the cosmic source, or life force, named after the Greek letter theta My Thetan is an intrinsically good, omniscient, non-material core capable of unlimited creativity.

Hmm speaking of life changing experiences though. One night in Bangkok sure did (and has) always made me humble then again I wouldn't call myself a 'hard man' as the song goes. LL sure is a cool place with great people but please, please please, no life altering stuff for the remainder of my stay, the immobilized / infected or whatever ankle along with the array of other mishaps was enough for this trip / year. (Knock on wood). Stuff mainly unrelated to LL BTW, maybe I'll elaborate on some of it in the second report if I you promise not to tell anyone about all this embarrassing shite. It's 15:00 here, about time for a beer and. Hey just had a thought. Maybe call a Mango Girl, love ordering out. Well I hope you guys are reading this while working in a cold rainy dreary country. Don't worry, my work and living conditions / hours will be far worse than any of yours in a couple of days again when I fly back to my hell hole work site so no need to be jealous or to let me know what an asshole I am for rubbing it in

P. S. Scientology for those who missed that Boston legal episode or South Park or took a deep look into Tom Cruise's eyes. Scary shit guys, you can pick out a ladyboy easier.

Right I was getting that beer.

Pita123
03-04-11, 10:12
Thanks to Giotto it has become obvious that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature. I've met the Thetan, my individualized expression of the cosmic source, or life force, named after the Greek letter theta My Thetan is an intrinsically good, omniscient, non-material core capable of unlimited creativity.

Hmm speaking of life changing experiences though. One night in Bangkok sure did (and has) always made me humble then again I wouldn't call myself a 'hard man' as the song goes. LL sure is a cool place with great people but please, please please, no life altering stuff for the remainder of my stay, the immobilized / infected or whatever ankle along with the array of other mishaps was enough for this trip / year. (Knock on wood). Stuff mainly unrelated to LL BTW, maybe I'll elaborate on some of it in the second report if I you promise not to tell anyone about all this embarrassing shite. It's 15:00 here, about time for a beer and. Hey just had a thought. Maybe call a Mango Girl, love ordering out. Well I hope you guys are reading this while working in a cold rainy dreary country. Don't worry, my work and living conditions / hours will be far worse than any of yours in a couple of days again when I fly back to my hell hole work site so no need to be jealous or to let me know what an asshole I am for rubbing it in

P. S. Scientology for those who missed that Boston legal episode or South Park or took a deep look into Tom Cruise's eyes. Scary shit guys, you can pick out a ladyboy easier.

Right I was getting that beer. After reading the first paragraph and the P. S. I'm thinking this won't be the first beer of the day. .

Ibn Buttita
03-04-11, 14:49
Thanks to Giotto it has become obvious that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature. I've met the Thetan, my individualized expression of the cosmic source, or life force, named after the Greek letter theta My Thetan is an intrinsically good, omniscient, non-material core capable of unlimited creativity.

Right I was getting that beer. It's good to see that Charlie Sheen is posting on the Giotto's forum these days!

Just kidding, Dutchtech, I enjoyed your posts. It does sound like you're "winning." Wish I could be there at LL. . .

BionicMan
03-04-11, 21:24
After reading the first paragraph and the P. S. I'm thinking this won't be the first beer of the day. .Could well be not the last but with the same reading you did, my question is "was it the first (beer) of the day?"

Dutchtech
03-06-11, 14:46
Could well be not the last but with the same reading you did, my question is "was it the first (beer) of the day?"Well I don't really get the debate but I'll try to clarify. I said 'It's 15:00 here, about time for a beer ', yes first beer of the day.

In Pattaya right now, staying in an ultimately obscene room at the penthouse hotel: dancing pole, some strapping swing SM looking thingie, jacuzzi and freaking mirrors and disco lights everywhere. You're almost embarrassed bringing a girl back to your room. I certainly was when I ran into an old gf and brought her here. But then got over it and strapped her ass into the torture device and thoroughly explored its options. Hell why I am I writing about it when I can be doing it. Fuck now, write later

P. S. 'If you're questioning my sanity there's a good chance you're sane'

Pita123
03-06-11, 20:53
Well I don't really get the debate but I'll try to clarify. I said 'It's 15:00 here, about time for a beer ', yes first beer of the day.No debate. We were both joking and actually saying the same thing. We both said that based upon your style of posting it may not be the first beer of the day. All in good fun. If I were in BKK now I'd buy you a round.

Dutchtech
03-06-11, 21:13
No debate. We were both joking and actually saying the same thing. We both said that based upon your style of posting it may not be the first beer of the day. All in good fun. If I were in BKK now I'd buy you a round.Technically the day starts at midnight so there's a high probability it wasn't really my first beer anyway. Wish I could take you up on the offer my friend. Pattaya is fun and it's good to meet up with some old friends but I prefer the BKK nightlife and the TLC at LL.

P. S. LL staff, my foot has taken on normal shape again despite my renewed efforts to sabotage the healing process.

SE Asia Joe
04-23-11, 17:43
And it seems like that nobody else has been here either!

So. What's the story?

Is Livingstone's Lodge still open?

Is Giotto still involved with Livingstone's Lodge?

What's the latest here?

SEAJ

BionicMan
04-23-11, 18:11
And it seems like that nobody else has been here either!

So. What's the story?

Is Livingstone's Lodge still open?

Is Giotto still involved with Livingstone's Lodge?

What's the latest here?

SEAJI can swear LL is up and open! Believe it or not, there is some maintance work being done at the roofs at the pool.

Food is always excellent. I enjoyed twice the argentinian beef carpaccio as a light meal in the Sports Bar: perfect as you do not end too much filled up.

Talking about the Sports Bar, the range of ladies has nothing to fear competition.

Yet no as glamourous as the go-go's but you do not go to the Lodge for glamour.

Not all ladies too strong in english but there are enough to enjoy conversation in the albion language, should you plan to discuss the fate of the world in the "aftermath".

Names? Discretion is the word at the LL.

Giving them out will ruin the pleasure of the discovery.

I do not think there is any starfish around (and I do not mean in the pool)

Staff is always very friendly and cater to all your needs (well. Not all, the Sports Bar is for that!)

G&G are at still the helm:

Giotto supervises the world from his PC's and Guido is always helpful (did you get that frame sorted, G?).

Mrs G. Is a discrete controller of the whole lot (thanks for that cold towel Monday last!)

Still some troubles in opening the jam lids at breakfast. But everyone has to face his challenges in everyday's life.

That seems to be mine when I am at the LL. I think I can survive that!

LL is still unbeatble as a nearly downtown location, definetely where the action is, and still a nice island of relax when you are at the pool, saved from the daily morning chopper landing on a nearby roof.

Brush a bit more the deep side of the pool and it will be immaculate and match the 5* hotels! (hey G, I need to put some "downs", otherwise readers think I am getting free nights by this written brochure!)

Somebody was once talking about plastic chairs in here if I well remember. No need! But some sunbeds would not be out of place.

PS: not pushing on a personal basis, but introducing a fidelity program could be a nice idea to activate a bit of repeats and attract newcomers

Nvslim
04-24-11, 10:37
I can swear LL is up and open! Believe it or not, there is some maintance work being done at the roofs at the pool.Why would the pool need roof work when it's on the top of the building? :)

Slim

BionicMan
04-24-11, 17:52
Why would the pool need roof work when it's on the top of the building? .

SlimLOL. The roof I mention is the one around the pool.

But. What LL are you talking about? Pool on top of the roof? Mumble mumble. The water leaking in your room was not because there is a pool above your room!

Just kidding. Of course, before somebody think there are water leaks in the rooms.

Fon Tok
04-25-11, 06:50
And it seems like that nobody else has been here either! So. What's the story? Is Livingstone's Lodge still open? Is Giotto still involved with Livingstone's Lodge? What's the latest here? SEAJI was at LL recently to meet friends for a drink. The entire facility looked great. Pretty ladies in the bar. I was greeted warmly, despite not showing my face for awhile.

And, yes, as with most institutions, Dr. G was on duty and alert! ;)

Giotto
04-26-11, 03:52

LL is still unbeatble as a nearly downtown location, definetely where the action is, and still a nice island of relax when you are at the pool, saved from the daily morning chopper landing on a nearby roof.

Brush a bit more the deep side of the pool and it will be immaculate and match the 5* hotels! (hey G, I need to put some "downs", otherwise readers think I am getting free nights by this written brochure!)

Somebody was once talking about plastic chairs in here if I well remember. No need! But some sunbeds would not be out of place.

PS: not pushing on a personal basis, but introducing a fidelity program could be a nice idea to activate a bit of repeats and attract newcomersBionicman,

As you know I am still alive. But not writing here as much as before. After all those years I leave it to others to write the reports about places and experiences. Not much new I can add.

Sunbeds:. We prepare an area for sun-bathing now, including sunbeds, will be in place when you come next time.

Fidelity Program:. Thought about that already, will go into details now.

BTW, we have a new attraction since a few weeks. a F1 trikot with an autograph of Vettel himself :) !

Still no plastic chairs.

Giotto.

Fon Tok
04-29-11, 11:50
Fidelity Program:. Thought about that already, will go into details now.How about an "Infidelity Program" for those of use that use LL as a "no tell motel" from time to time?

Have to keep all the bases covered in the competitive world of international hostelry.

SE Asia Joe
04-29-11, 13:38
Bionicman,

As you know I am still alive. But not writing here as much as before. After all those years I leave it to others to write the reports about places and experiences. Not much new I can add.

Sunbeds:. We prepare an area for sun-bathing now, including sunbeds, will be in place when you come next time.

Fidelity Program:. Thought about that already, will go into details now.

BTW, we have a new attraction since a few weeks. a F1 trikot with an autograph of Vettel himself. !

Still no plastic chairs.

Giotto.

Well Gioto. Like it or not, the whole Giotto forum has died without your active participation.

So much so that I was truly wondering if the place even actually existed or if you're still involved with it or not anymore.

OK, you ARE still owner of the place etc. But that you don't seem to care any more about maintaining this site do give me a "sort of message" that you are no longer really interested in the well being of your own establishment.

Please understand that this is not in any way to be construed as a criticism (not, Not at all). Rather for you to reconsider the necessity for you to maintain this site to justify the amount of money AND previous effort you had put into it.

Just a little heads up from a little guy who hates naugahide as cheap. Truly cheap!

Muauahahaha!

HA HA HA!

SEAJ

Giotto
05-01-11, 05:47
Well Gioto. Like it or not, the whole Giotto forum has died without your active participation.

OK, you ARE still owner of the place etc. But that you don't seem to care any more about maintaining this site do give me a "sort of message" that you are no longer really interested in the well being of your own establishment.

SE Asia Joe,

Sorry, that I cannot live up to your expectations. But I also cannot follow your logic about not being interested in the well being of my own establishment.

We are right now using this time period of the starting low season to perform necessary renovations. After now 5 years of running the hotel some rooms, roofs, piping systems etc. need an overhaul, to keep the standards up.

As for this site: I am still reading it, giving my comments on reports if necessary, and if I have something to write I will write. We will also offer a special discount for ISG members for this low season in an attempt to counter the usual low seasons low occupancy.

Since Mrs. Giotto is reading this site, too [after some ISG members tried to impress her with showing her my [old] massage parlor report] my dick was cut off, sliced into pieces and given to the ducks. Ever since my sex drive died. So what can I write about?

May be I will be the Bangkok politics commentator during the upcoming elections (and the ongoing silencing activities of the reds by the ruling elite) , and write about the next Thai stock market crash after the elections, when the political landscape will open the eyes of investors that the polarization in Thai politics gets worse, compromises cannot be found and the country is moving towards chaos.

Meanwhile I am enjoying my existence as eunuch, trading some stocks and developing some Java software. Could write about that, too. Let me think :) .

Giotto

Magic Moments
05-03-11, 13:44
SE Asia Joe,

We are right now using this time period of the starting low season to perform necessary renovations. After now 5 years of running the hotel some rooms, roofs, piping systems etc. Need an overhaul, to keep the standards up.

Since Mrs. Giotto is reading this site, too [after some ISG members tried to impress her with showing her my [old] massage parlor report] my dick was cut off, sliced into pieces and given to the ducks. Ever since my sex drive died. So what can I write about? Hope you get over with the renovations soon and have more time for the ISG. Haven't visited the place yet, but it is on the top of my list during the next visit.

Loved your stories. Look forward to some updates to that section, Especially with all the work going on.

Magic M

BionicMan
05-03-11, 14:03
Hope you get over with the renovations soon and have more time for the ISG. Haven't visited the place yet, but it is on the top of my list during the next visit.

Loved your stories. Look forward to some updates to that section, Especially with all the work going on.

Magic MYou will not be disappointed.

I rate that Giotto made it is so that the LL is a kind of "exclusive" place.

Some might not like it, some might, some might find cheaper options.

As somebody puts it, we do not like the same food, .

Certainly the Lodge has a great degree of general comfort in all senses, not merely and only practical.

Sonic Bam
05-06-11, 20:54
sunbeds:. we prepare an area for sun-bathing now, including sunbeds, will be in place when you come next time.herr doktor.

planning a trip in the near future. how is the sunbed area coming along, is it finished? photos on the website don't show it yet. also, how much are you doing in the way of renovations, how busy / noisey is it?

i've got loyalty points to burn at a hotel very near you (not peep inn) but would be breaking with tradition by not staying at your establishment.

cheers fur noo!

BionicMan
05-06-11, 22:37
herr doktor.

planning a trip in the near future. how is the sunbed area coming along, is it finished? photos on the website don't show it yet. also, how much are you doing in the way of renovations, how busy / noisey is it?

i've got loyalty points to burn at a hotel very near you (not peep inn) but would be breaking with tradition by not staying at your establishment.

cheers fur noo! when i was there some 4 weeks ago the bar / pool roof renovation was run with no noise in the rooms (and i had a room above the sports bar)

they are suing human labour and no caterpillars! lol.

but true it is not affecting the rooms.

Jessee 009
05-07-11, 08:35
We are right now using this time period of the starting low season to perform necessary renovations. After now 5 years of running the hotel some rooms, roofs, piping systems etc. Need an overhaul, to keep the standards up.

As I have stayed there before, not much renovation required. Regular maintenance I suppose. Just fix the low water pressure in the shower. Booked for 1 week in July.

Jessee 009
05-07-11, 08:36
As I have stayed there before, not much renovation required. Regular maintenance I suppose. Just fix the low water pressure in the shower. Booked for 1 week in July.

Giotto
05-09-11, 03:11
herr doktor.

cheers fur noo! sonic bam,

some necessary work on the roof was a bit noisy. but that's done / finished already. and. all should be finalized this month. it's only a small team of workers, not busy here at all.

i did not know that one can get loyalty points for peep inn :) .

giotto

NicFrenchy
05-23-11, 19:35
I miss the Sausage.

Giotto
05-29-11, 05:09
i miss the sausage.nicfrenchy,

get over here. the auntie is waiting for you. peep inn is close.

giotto

Tamurlane26
05-30-11, 15:54
If the renovations are finished then it is time for the centenary dinner and the return of Johnny Singlish. Don't roll out the red carpet only the zimmer frame. Watch this space

Xerman
05-30-11, 22:02
Giotto.

July I will be haunting the lodge again.

X

Sky Ryder
05-31-11, 05:54
It has been a year since my last visit, which far exceeds my comfort level. I can't wait to see the "new" additions! Sorry to hear about your recent "emasculation", I am sure that a gentleman of your talents will find a way to work around this small setback.

Giotto
06-01-11, 18:55
If the renovations are finished then it is time for the centenary dinner and the return of Johnny Singlish. Don't roll out the red carpet only the zimmer frame. Watch this spaceSinglo,

Please. Ask your father to join, that somebody takes care of you. I mean - I don't have that much time to teach again and again, and - as we both know :) - you can learn a lot from your father.

Giotto.

Giotto
06-01-11, 18:58
It has been a year since my last visit, which far exceeds my comfort level. I can't wait to see the "new" additions! Sorry to hear about your recent "emasculation", I am sure that a gentleman of your talents will find a way to work around this small setback.Sky Ryder,

Yep. I am suffering a lot. Life is hard. I can tell :) .

Damned, that hard, enough for today. I walk over to the bar (10 m, 20 girls, 1 Gin & Tonic :):)). What torture this life is. .

Giotto.

Monger Virgin
06-05-11, 07:12
I hear both practice elections and actual elections will take place in mid June and July.

What effect will this have for the average mongerer? What days will be bad ones (for beer and entertainment)

Please explain to me Oh Wizzard of the Tusks.

Giotto
06-05-11, 18:23
I hear both practice elections and actual elections will take place in mid June and July.

What effect will this have for the average mongerer? What days will be bad ones (for beer and entertainment)

Please explain to me Oh Wizzard of the Tusks. Monger Virgin,

LOL.

Easy answer: business as usual, except alcohol from Saturday 6 pm to Sunday midnight. Possibly some girls will go home for the elections. But I have my doubts. Making money is much more important for the girls than the elections.

Giotto.

Monger Virgin
06-05-11, 22:11
Thank for your insight.

Specifically is July 2 the only bad Saturday? Or are there others to be aware of?

I am assuming the paper cup rule will be envoked on Saturday after 6PM.

Or you buy 5 beers on last call at 6PM.

Giotto
06-06-11, 21:05
Auf die Frage "Welches ist für Sie das schönste Musikstück" finden sich als Antworten unter den ersten zehn Stücken neun Kompositionen aus der klassischen Musik (9. Sinfonie von Beethoven an erster Stelle mit 67 Nennungen, ansonsten 5. Sinfonie und Mondscheinsonate, auch von Beethoven, Zauberflöte und kleine Nachtmusik von Mozart, Matthäuspassion und Toccata und Fuge d-Moll von Bach, Ring des Nibelungen von Wagner und Winterreise von Schubert) – und nur eine einzige Komposition aus unserer Zeit, die "99 Luftballons" von Nena!Froggy,

What's wrong in France?

I just read the above quoted piece in "Die Welt". And that really made my day...

Rough translation (for the French, who do not speak German) :

Question: What's the most impressive piece of [German] music:

Answers (first 10) :

- 9th Symphony, Beethoven
- 5th Symphony, Beethoven
- Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven
- Magic Flute (Zauberfloete) , Mozart
- A little Night Music (Kleine Nachtmusik) , Mozart
- St. Matthew Passion (Matthaeuspassion) , Bach
- Toccata and Fuge in the-minor, Bach
- The Ring of the Nibelung (Ring der Nibelungen) , Wagner
- Winter Journey (Winterreise) , Schubert
- 99 red balloons (99 Luftballons) , Nena

99 red balloons. Nena!!! Mentioned together with Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Schubert. What has happened to the French, have you people suffered a kind of brain damage?

OK, ok, I get it. I understand, that I shall now mention Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy amongst the 10 most important French politicians like Charles de Gaulle, Francois Mitterand, Madame de Pompadour, Fanny Hill and Josephine Mutzenbacher.

I have a question, too: Have you guys there on the other side of the Rhine River lost your mind?

Giotto

PS: Wagner was the preferred composer of A. Hitler.

Sonic Bam
06-07-11, 00:49
99 red balloons. Nena!!! Mentioned together with Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Schubert. What has happened to the French, have you people suffered a kind of brain damage?[Err, go to the root cause of the problem. Who actually inflicted that fecking song on the world? Don't blame our Franzosisch freund for his compatriots bad taste. If Nena never pumped it into the world then this debate would not exist! German problem.

No excuse for the sausage issue though.

Tanglin
06-07-11, 04:25
Froggy,

99 red balloons. Nena! Mentioned together with Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Schubert. What has happened to the French, have you people suffered a kind of brain damage?

OK, ok, I get it. I understand, that I shall now mention Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy amongst the 10 most important French politicians like Charles de Gaulle, Francois Mitterand, Madame de Pompadour, Fanny Hill and Josephine Mutzenbacher.

I have a question, too: Have you guys there on the other side of the Rhine River lost your mind? In France, Jerry Lewis is a comedic genius.

Pita123
06-07-11, 16:03
- 99 red balloons (99 Luftballons) , NenaNena is soooooo hot! I love that song!

Member #4698
06-07-11, 17:18
WAS SO HOT. I think I will pass on Gabriele Susanne Kerner circa 2005. I'd take a young Thai Mango massage girl any day. Life is cruel. It takes no prisoners. But Gabriele had a good time for awhile. Of that I am sure.

Pita123
06-07-11, 17:27
WAS SO HOT. I think I will pass on Gabriele Susanne Kerner circa 2005. I'd take a young Thai Mango massage girl any day. Life is cruel. It takes no prisoners. But Gabriele had a good time for awhile. Of that I am sure.I'd still do her so long as I could have a Mango the next day.

BionicMan
06-07-11, 17:56
WAS SO HOT. I think I will pass on Gabriele Susanne Kerner circa 2005. I'd take a young Thai Mango massage girl any day. Life is cruel. It takes no prisoners. But Gabriele had a good time for awhile. Of that I am sure.I saw Nena close by not long ago, she is still a good MILF and cougar.

Can even pass, the german will understand, as a caffelatte mutti.

Wondering what she thinks if she knows she became a topic on ISG, rolf!

Osuul
06-07-11, 21:33
I saw Nena close by not long ago, she is still a good MILF and cougar.

Can even pass, the german will understand, as a caffelatte mutti.

Wondering what she thinks if she knows she became a topic on ISG, rolf! Ohhhh boy.

You saw her really close?

BionicMan
06-07-11, 23:11
Ohhhh boy.

You saw her really close? Yep, I did! Super well aged. Maybe with a "Little help from her (surgery?) friend" LOL

Plasmids
08-09-11, 10:40
Hi Giotto.

I'll be over in BKK next month and plan to spend a large proportion of time in the sports bar as per my last trip. Just checking. Is the Sports bar 'well stocked' in September?

Thanks,

P

Mando Dog
08-10-11, 14:44
Hey Giotto,

Any chance the staff will be working on Friday?

Giotto
08-11-11, 15:16
Hey Giotto,

Any chance the staff will be working on Friday?Mando Dog,

Business as usual on Friday.

Giotto.

Giotto
08-11-11, 15:19

I'll be over in BKK next month and plan to spend a large proportion of time in the sports bar as per my last trip. Just checking. Is the Sports bar 'well stocked' in September?Plasmids,

You never know what happens within 2 weeks, but the Sports Bar is 'well stocked' right now, so there shouldn't be any 'shortages' in September.

Giotto.

Martinbluther69
08-19-11, 18:58
Plasmids,

You never know what happens within 2 weeks, but the Sports Bar is 'well stocked' right now, so there shouldn't be any 'shortages' in September.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thChatted with a lovely girl named Juk, I think. Gorgeous. Didn't have much money, so didn't ask about a barfine.

Member #4285
08-20-11, 23:32
Are you hanging in there beside the pool, smoking and drinking coffe?

For anyone that does not know, at LL you can get breakfast whenever you want. Right know I'm in a hotel in Europe with including breakfast, but I have never managed (yet) to get up in time for it. Ha ha, crazy Giotto. I have to come back soon :)

Martinbluther69
08-21-11, 19:21
Hey Giotto,

I am in Thailand for another few days and loved the Lodge. Any specials going on for ISG people?

If not, would still like to buy you a beer. I imagine you have many many stories to tell.

Peace

Giotto
08-22-11, 08:41
Hey Giotto,

I am in Thailand for another few days and loved the Lodge. Any specials going on for ISG people?

If not, would still like to buy you a beer. I imagine you have many many stories to tell.

PeaceMartinbluther69,

As usual. The ISG promo (General Information thread).

As for the stories. For sure, this is a crazy country, there are always stories to tell.

C U.

Giotto.

Weird One
09-15-11, 05:59
Hey Giotto it's that time of the year again, wanted to know if your Sports Bar has it's usual cadre of lovelies, will be there around October 10th for a couple of weeks, will you be around then?

Weird One

Giotto
09-16-11, 04:48
Hey Giotto it's that time of the year again, wanted to know if your Sports Bar has it's usual cadre of lovelies, will be there around October 10th for a couple of weeks, will you be around then? .Weird One,

It's weird, but I am still around :) .

Business as usual, girls waiting for you at the Sports Lounge. Get over here!

Giotto

Scorchin
10-02-11, 10:18
Weird One,

It's weird, but I am still around. .

Business as usual, girls waiting for you at the Sports Lounge. Get over here!

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thGreat news as I look forward to another visit to THE place to stay in Bangkok.

I can never understand guys who carp at the prices on Soi 33 nor of the BFs at Livingstone Lodge. If you spend £500 on an airfare and double that on hotels what the hell is an extra £10-15 on a lady?

Compared to the lower end of Sukhumvit Soi 33 and the Lodge are havens from the tawdry sex of the rest of Sukhumvit

Sonic Bam
10-07-11, 17:21
Good to be back. Bugger of a drive in from the airport. Gridlocked trying to get off the free way on to Suk adding 45 min to the journey. Quick check in, shower, out for a rub, couple of beers at the Irish pub then back to the Lodge for chicken cashew nuts, a Singha or two and chat with the Burgermeister. Not so bad, I'm happy with that.

Levitian
10-08-11, 10:22
Monsieur Giotto,

C'mon, this isn't that bad at all.

Counter question: what are your 10 most impressive pieces of French music?

Let me guess: "Je t'aime (moi non plus)" is certainly in your list, non? .

Wagner: well, he might have been Hitler's favourite composer, but he actually couldn't anticipate this, when he wrote the music, non. Still, a bit too theatralic, for my taste.

Levitian.

Froggy,

What's wrong in France?

I just read the above quoted piece in "Die Welt". And that really made my day.

Rough translation (for the French, who do not speak German) :

Question: What's the most impressive piece of [German] music:

Answers (first 10) :

- 9th Symphony, Beethoven.

- 5th Symphony, Beethoven.

- Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven.

- Magic Flute (Zauberfloete) , Mozart.

- A little Night Music (Kleine Nachtmusik) , Mozart.

- St. Matthew Passion (Matthaeuspassion) , Bach.

- Toccata and Fuge in the-minor, Bach.

- The Ring of the Nibelung (Ring der Nibelungen) , Wagner.

- Winter Journey (Winterreise) , Schubert.

- 99 red balloons (99 Luftballons) , Nena

99 red balloons. Nena! Mentioned together with Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Schubert. What has happened to the French, have you people suffered a kind of brain damage?

I have a question, too: Have you guys there on the other side of the Rhine River lost your mind?

Giotto.

PS: Wagner was the preferred composer of A. Hitler.

Giotto
10-10-11, 09:38

C'mon, this isn't that bad at all.

Counter question: what are your 10 most impressive pieces of French music?

Let me guess: "Je t'aime (moi non plus)" is certainly in your list, non? .Levitian,

Where did you dig out this report? I wrote that one years ago ...

Cannot answer your counter question. I am not aware that there are any mentionable French composers :) .

Giotto

Harry Dude
10-16-11, 16:30
Hi.

I am planning a trip in about two weeks time, but I am concerned about the ongoing flood situation in Thailand. Are there any indications it might hit downtown Bangkok? What is the situation at the Lodge. Are the nice girls in the Sports bar still there, or have they gone home to help their families?

-h

Sonic Bam
10-17-11, 16:03
Are the nice girls in the Sports bar still there, or have they gone home to help their families?

-hThere were certainly some very fetching ladies there last week. Uniform for one night, Saturday night I think, was very short tight white shorts. Some very pert bottoms trotting back and forward from the Sports Bar. Back there on Thursday for two nights.

JerseyShoreSun
11-26-11, 21:27
Giotto,

Greetings from jersey! I've been put in charge of planning a 3 day bachelor / stag party for one of my high school buddies that is finally tying the knot. There are going to be 10 of us high school friends spending approx 72 hrs or so in Bangkok in the first week of feb. The timing of the event also happens to coincide with our 20 year high school reunion.

When discussing lodging options, I suggested your oasis in the middle of the busy city.

Can you PM me and let me know what we would be looking at for 10 rooms (I see you only have 7 junior suites) for two nights in terms of prices. Also need to plan the festivities for the trip, so maybe a party bus or limo or the like for the two nights out on the town. I was thinking we would take our party favors with us from the sports bar and then hit the gogos and the disco's to see if any of the ladies were inclined to pick up some more beauties for extended nights of carnal indulgences.

Have you ever hosted bachelor parties at your property before? If not, would you be open to such a theme. I warn you that the boys are a bunch of wild ones, most of them being world traveled, but crazy none the less.

I have a vested interest in steering the party to the lodge, because that way I can fade away and not be worried if everyone is having enough fun.

Cheers,

JSS

Sonic Bam
12-23-11, 12:57
G.

Hope the ladies in the Sports Bar are wearing very short and skimpy Father Christmas costumes tonight. Wish I was there to see for myself. Hopefully be back in a couple of months.

Have a good Christmas!

The World
12-29-11, 01:30
Hi.

After what seems like many years, I'm coming back to BKK and plan on staying where I used to stay, I. E. Livingstones.

Am only staying for two nights. In the past I benefited from the various promotions and see that previously returning ISG members would get a free room upgrade. This does not seem to be the case now. Can I benefit from any other promotions?

Thanks!

Scorchin
01-17-12, 12:51
Hi.

After what seems like many years, I'm coming back to BKK and plan on staying where I used to stay, I. E. Livingstones.

Am only staying for two nights. In the past I benefited from the various promotions and see that previously returning ISG members would get a free room upgrade. This does not seem to be the case now. Can I benefit from any other promotions?

Thanks!G has gone awful quiet. What gives with the normal opportunities to advertise the merit of the Lodge and the Sports Bar?

OldLoad
02-17-12, 21:11
Hi Giotto,

Have not seen a post from you in a long while.

Are still around running things tere?

I hope all is well. I hope you did not move to Greece.

Kind regards,

Oldload

Giotto
02-22-12, 20:21
Hi Giotto,

I hope all is well. I hope you did not move to Greece.OldLoad,

LOL. Greece. GREECE! I hate you, too. .

Things are quiet here, but still ok. Thailand sucks. There is always something, either a Tsunami, or demonstrations, or elections, or a coup, or an occupation of the airport, or floods, or bombs in Bangkok.

I really suffer a lot. Getting in the morning from the bedroom to the coffee machine close to my working desk costs me about 20 seconds. Hell! .

Soi 33 is quiet. Drinks (and I think even girls, if I read about the ridiculous prices paid in Nana and Cowboy) are cheaper here then in other Bangkok entertainment areas. Don't really understand this Gogo- and Beer bar fever of the standard tourists. But. That's how it is right now. Strange somehow. On many days I have all my "treasures" for myself. It's. Hell! . Those girls are getting that horny, and I am getting old!

The Thai stock market is doing well, just trying to break the tops of last year. I have to sit here during the morning and afternoon session and watch the stock prices rising. Hell! .

Life is hard. I can tell.

Giotto

OldLoad
02-29-12, 08:48
OldLoad,

LOL. Greece. GREECE! I hate you, too.

Things are quiet here, but still ok. Thailand sucks. There is always something, either a Tsunami, or demonstrations, or elections, or a coup, or an occupation of the airport, or floods, or bombs in Bangkok.

I really suffer a lot. Getting in the morning from the bedroom to the coffee machine close to my working desk costs me about 20 seconds. Hell! .

Soi 33 is quiet. Drinks (and I think even girls, if I read about the ridiculous prices paid in Nana and Cowboy) are cheaper here then in other Bangkok entertainment areas. Don't really understand this Gogo- and Beer bar fever of the standard tourists. But. That's how it is right now. Strange somehow. On many days I have all my "treasures" for myself. It's. Hell! . Those girls are getting that horny, and I am getting old!

The Thai stock market is doing well, just trying to break the tops of last year. I have to sit here during the morning and afternoon session and watch the stock prices rising. Hell! .

Life is hard. I can tell.

GiottoWish I was there, rode the euro up and played it down. Waiting for the Greek tragedy, still cannot see what is holding it up. Still playing with the tech curves for forecasting. Wish I was foreplaying at the lodge with the real curves.

What a super place you have there! A one stop shop. Was in The Maldives a few weeks ago, but flew home via Germany. Hope to get by this year!

Thinking about the Lodge gets the old heart ticking harder!

Liondale
04-06-12, 15:36
Giotto,

Greetings from jersey! I've been put in charge of planning a 3 day bachelor / stag party for one of my high school buddies that is finally tying the knot. There are going to be 10 of us high school friends spending approx 72 hrs or so in Bangkok in the first week of feb. The timing of the event also happens to coincide with our 20 year high school reunion.

When discussing lodging options, I suggested your oasis in the middle of the busy city.

Can you PM me and let me know what we would be looking at for 10 rooms (I see you only have 7 junior suites) for two nights in terms of prices. Also need to plan the festivities for the trip, so maybe a party bus or limo or the like for the two nights out on the town. I was thinking we would take our party favors with us from the sports bar and then hit the gogos and the disco's to see if any of the ladies were inclined to pick up some more beauties for extended nights of carnal indulgences.

Have you ever hosted bachelor parties at your property before? If not, would you be open to such a theme. I warn you that the boys are a bunch of wild ones, most of them being world traveled, but crazy none the less.

I have a vested interest in steering the party to the lodge, because that way I can fade away and not be worried if everyone is having enough fun.

Cheers,

JSSHow did this work out?

I am part of a 7-8 man Bachelor party trip as well in end of May. Might want to steal some ideas from your trip if something worked out particularly well.

Giotto maybe you could pm me as well and let me know about your hotel (? Sorry never visited so quite sure what the setup is) and services.

Big Joe 11
04-24-12, 16:07
Just went there, it was fun chatting with the girls and the burger was pretty good.

SuperRaven
05-07-12, 12:10
Currently staying at the lodge. This place is so relaxing and right in the middle of BKK. Walking distance to great shopping and many many bars. The staff are so friendly and helpful. I will return here for sure, can not find this anywhere else.

10/10.

Superraven

GoodEnough
05-07-12, 13:52
I agree. It's an excellent place and I look forward to being there next week.

GE.

Currently staying at the lodge. This place is so relaxing and right in the middle of BKK. Walking distance to great shopping and many many bars. The staff are so friendly and helpful. I will return here for sure, can not find this anywhere else.

10/10.

Superraven

SuperRaven
05-17-12, 09:45
Yes I checked out other hotels, can not beat the fact that breakfast is included and internet.

I agree. It's an excellent place and I look forward to being there next week.

GE.

GoodEnough
05-17-12, 10:01
I'm back at Livingstone's after a few days in Pattaya, and glad to be here. What the hell do people do all day in Pattaya anyway?

NicFrenchy
05-17-12, 10:26
I'm back at Livingstone's after a few days in Pattaya, and glad to be here. What the hell do people do all day in Pattaya anyway?They have sex I guess.

Daddy07
05-17-12, 10:39
I'm back at Livingstone's after a few days in Pattaya, and glad to be here. What the hell do people do all day in Pattaya anyway?What do they do in Bangkok? Visit the temple?

NicFrenchy
05-29-12, 07:08
One cannot go to the Lodge without knowing Mr Giotto so for the first time ever. He allowed me to post his pic.

Giotto
05-29-12, 08:58
One cannot go to the Lodge without knowing Mr Giotto so for the first time ever. He allowed me to post his pic.I did not know that Big C can cause brain damage :) ...

Giotto

NicFrenchy
05-29-12, 09:13
I did not know that Big C can cause brain damage. .

GiottoHahahahahahaha.

Giotto
06-20-12, 20:16
All,

Somehow I think we need to start up this thread again.

Today I tried to find my report about Rin, that I wrote in 2006. It was a bit complicated due to some forum reorganization activities, which obviously had not actualized the links. Finally I found it. And I read what was going on in this thread in 2006. Good fun! Really good fun!

Where are we today? Livingstone's Lodge has a very low occupancy rate, business is very slow. There is an overcapacity of hotel rooms in Bangkok, and the room rates are simply too low to really make money with a hotel.

The ISG is dominated by Cheap-Charly price discussions,"do-not-tip" recommendations. And stupid comments from serial antagonists like Harold444 or offensive posts from The Pro (luckily semi-retired). What makes it all worse is that even French people can comment here now. So we all have to suffer the knowledge of my fatherly friend - Grandpa NicFrenchy. What a mess :) ...

Where are all the fun posters gone? OTH was removed by the Force. We all know that. And we all know that without quality writers we also have a lot of quality readers. Right, Jackson? Or may be not ????? Did you see what happened to the Thailand forum after OTH had to leave? I told you what was going to happen - but you knew it better!!! We have so much quality now. Harold444 and The Pro. Congratulations.

Where are the others? Posterlion? 1Ball? Sir Duniawala (at least he pops up sometimes in between)? Piper1? Thor93? And - so on, and so on ... . WHERE ARE ALL THE BESTARDS?

OK, ok, let's somehow start something new. We still have our Grandpa, his sausages. And Auntie Guido. That should be enough to get started. And then we might find some more writers, the Bestards of the future. Let's see.

Let's get started.

Giotto

Giotto
06-25-12, 14:03
NicFrenchy,

Thanks for coming by yesterday - with your new girlfriend (--> picture). Pleasure talking to you - as always.

Giotto

SE Asia Joe
06-25-12, 15:24
All,

Somehow I think we need to start up this thread again.

Today I tried to find my report about Rin, that I wrote in 2006. It was a bit complicated due to some forum reorganization activities, which obviously had not actualized the links. Finally I found it. And I read what was going on in this thread in 2006. Good fun! Really good fun!

Where are we today? Livingstone's Lodge has a very low occupancy rate, business is very slow. There is an overcapacity of hotel rooms in Bangkok, and the room rates are simply too low to really make money with a hotel.

The ISG is dominated by Cheap-Charly price discussions,"do-not-tip" recommendations. And stupid comments from serial antagonists like Harold444 or offensive posts from The Pro (luckily semi-retired). What makes it all worse is that even French people can comment here now. So we all have to suffer the knowledge of my fatherly friend. Grandpa NicFrenchy. What a mess. .

Where are all the fun posters gone? OTH was removed by the Force. We all know that. And we all know that without quality writers we also have a lot of quality readers. Right, Jackson? Or may be not? Did you see what happened to the Thailand forum after OTH had to leave? I told you what was going to happen. But you knew it better! We have so much quality now. Harold444 and The Pro. Congratulations.

Where are the others? Posterlion? 1Ball? Sir Duniawala (at least he pops up sometimes in between)? Piper1? Thor93? And. So on, and so on. WHERE ARE ALL THE?

OK, ok, let's somehow start something new. We still have our Grandpa, his sausages. And Auntie Guido. That should be enough to get started. And then we might find some more writers, the Bestards of the future. Let's see.

Let's get started.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thWellll, first thing first!
You got to re-organize your troop of sycophants.
Or is it just troop of psychos?
LMAO.

Second, you got to throw some frilly covers over all your naugahide.

Third. Come up with more imaginative And SUBSTANTIAL discounts / scheme for us ISG members to come back and stay with you!

And last but not least. Get cracking yourself. The thread lived when you lived and died when you disappeared.

SEAN. Errr. Just sayin', thass'all

Venomqf
06-25-12, 15:39
as with any call to arms there are those like myself who cannot resist the opportunity to respond to such a challenge! the global economy looking the way it is, it is no longer a strange thing to see retirees re-enter the workforce (cough. giottotopoulides. cough). and he is right. for every avid writer there are tens that read the constant ballet that is present in these forums.

not so long ago on the edge near the end of the world. the familiar smell of kerosene laden fuel fills the air as i partake in the traditional ceremony that is the cigarette after check in but before boarding. my arms can rest now that my luggage will not be seen by my eyes for another 11 hours or so. this is the time i desperately try to hold on to, to make this moment last longer than any other, the precursor to a journey for which i have planned in my mind for the last 6 months. but this journey is different. i have travel companions. a friend whom i've known for many years, exactly how many years is somewhere around 14-16 years, we debate this topic every time it comes up and it usually results in me giving into his somewhat better judgment. i've never been one to argue, as a matter of fact i hate it, so much so i try my very best to avoid it. it has been a while since i have travelled with people; i hope there will not be arguments.

the southern sky is beautiful to others but not to me. yes it is my home and for the better part of my life it is all i've known, but my home feels elsewhere now. it has been this way for a while. and for the first time in a long time, two people who have never seen this home before will have the pleasure of being introduced to it. i have done all the leg work for the past 6 years, my tastes are particular but hardly refined. when i come to know what i like, i tend to stick with it.

time to fly now, we are leaving on a jet plane, and even though we know exactly when we will be back again, it is not this moment i am looking forward to, actually, it is the furthest idea from my mind. an aging boeing 747 will be the conveyance of choice today. she is showing her age with her interior moulds showing that familiar yellow glue stains around her panels. the once great marsupial that adorns her tail has changed its shape for the 4th time in her 91 year history and she has never seen sorrier times. this will not be a comfortable flight. the plane is full. only 9 hours and 20 minutes to go. full thrust.

landed safely without incident and the race ensues to get through the majestic airport that is suvarnabhumi. i love this airport, if you ask me why the next time you are there inside her doors, look up. my travel companions struggle to keep up with me as i dart through parcels of people who aimlessly and inefficiently make their way through to customs and immigration. first sign of life, the red l. e. d signs above the immigrations officer that say: foreign passport. damn! i picked the wrong queue; i correctly profiled the queue members but made a false assumption about the immigration officer himself. mental note. pick the officer wearing headphones listening to his music or radio station of choice.

bags gotten and through the doors, i hear my friend remark about the waterfall that has encompassed his lower extremities, i am not worried, he will adjust to the heat and humidity. we take a large taxi from the rank and make our way past the billboards that seem to have multiplied since my last trip. it is night time so there will not be much to see, however my travel companions are consumed by the vehicles on the rama roads as we snake our way towards sukhumvit. as many times as i have made this journey the route that we take from the airport never seems to repeat itself. every driver seems to have their flavor. i do not mind. we come the back way down the famous painter's road. i am peering out the driver's side window looking for the elephant tusks. like a beacon in the night they call to me their siren song.

a familiar face greets me as we walk in off the soi. i politely nod as i walk up the alleyway entrance. my friends follow close as if to say don't go too far ahead that we lose you. they don't realize that if they do lose me, where we are going now is where you will find me, at any point in our trip.

the doctor is in. g's voice rattles through reception asking me 'who let you in here? ' i reply 'for a place that has no doors, how will you keep me out? ' g smiles and one arm extends out to welcome, i slap it away and i hug as best i can the tall man. g hates it when i do this. the bestard! mrs. g follows suit and jumps up, and if there is one task for the trip that i must complete successfully it is to catch her and don't let go.

i make introductions hastily with my friends as we finalize the check in procedure. i command my friends forcefully so there is no confusion. 'boys, go to your rooms, change into shorts, i will be by the pool'. they follow the commands with gusto and minutes later we are surrounded by the fairy lights that have haunted my dreams for 6 months.

simply put. i am home.

i order a mixed selection of what would be finger foods from the menu, just before the first singha's arrive. marinated chicken in banana leaf, mexican and greek spring rolls, bacon wrapped prawns / shrimp and the ever so crowd pleaser; fresh spring rolls. we cheers to partaking in the miracle that is human flight, we have nothing but time and the sportsbar to conquer. mrs g. is in the middle of her dinner and she joins us for our snack. beers are flowing and my friends cannot get over the food and ambiance. there is a family with some children on the other side of the restaurant and we keep our festivities to a mild roar. it seems quiet but this won't last for very long.

as i walk to relieve myself i courageously sneak a peek through the sportsbar windows and glass door. i see her. she is there, my heart melts and surely somebody upstairs has decided that for all the turmoil at work i have endured for the last 6 months, we will grant you a reprieve, a resolution to a question that has been plaguing you from the very start. an unknown has become a known. if she was schrödinger's cat, well my friends, i have succumbed to open the box, it's alive and well.

to be continued.

vqf

NicFrenchy
06-25-12, 15:48
The ISG is dominated by Cheap-Charly price discussions,"do-not-tip" recommendations. And stupid comments from serial antagonists like Harold444 or offensive posts from The Pro (luckily semi-retired). What makes it all worse is that even French people can comment here now. So we all have to suffer the knowledge of my fatherly friend - Grandpa NicFrenchy. What a mess :) .I may be a Grandpa but you are completely Senile!

NicFrenchy
06-25-12, 15:51
NicFrenchy,

Thanks for coming by yesterday. With your new girlfriend (- picture). Pleasure talking to you. As always.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thI know you liked her, the way you were caressing her ass, YES, I saw you. You are lucky I am trying not to hit people with my cane anymore, or I would have sticked it up your ass, leaver her alone! She's mine

NicFrenchy
06-25-12, 15:55
You Bestard! You are the Biggest Fogging Bestard of All Time! Mr Kurt Wagner has special discounts at the Lodge and I do not know about it? All this time I am on the lookout for a hotel, and you don't give me a discount? WTF is wrong here?

Or you don't want me in the Hotel? Affraid my lady will crack the bed? Hahahahaha

Giotto
06-25-12, 16:10
I may be a Grandpa but you are completely Senile!Yep, Grandpa.

I was waiting last night in Londoner, watching England vs. Italy. And who did not show up? The senile French Grandpa! Too tired, after the afternoon round with your new girlfriend ... ?

OMG, if I only think about how that might look like - I somehow don't feel good now ... .

Giotto

Giotto
06-25-12, 16:22
You got to re-organize your troop of sycophants.

Or is it just troop of psychos?SE Asia Joe, welcome back!!

You are the first returning sycophant. Or may be a psycho :) ? Right now. I am not sure.

Second, you got to throw some frilly covers over all your naugahide.Nope. My lovely chairs stay as they are. Period!

Third. Come up with more imaginative And SUBSTANTIAL discounts / scheme for us ISG members to come back and stay with you!We are right now discussing about a surcharge for ISG members. Especially for the French. Let me think.

And last but not least. Get cracking yourself. The thread lived when you lived and died when you disappeared.Yep, it is so sad. I have to get active again. Must suffer for the sycophants, go to massage parlors and GoGo bars, organize night tours for the members, checking the quality in Climax and Insomnia. What a hard life this will be. I was retired already :) .

Can somebody please explain that to my GF :( ?

Giotto

Giotto
06-25-12, 16:31
You Bestard! You are the Biggest Fogging Bestard of All Time! Mr Kurt Wagner has special discounts at the Lodge and I do not know about it? All this time I am on the lookout for a hotel, and you don't give me a discount? WTF is wrong here?

Or you don't want me in the Hotel? Affraid my lady will crack the bed? HahahahahaThe simple problem is, that some Froggies obviously cannot read ... .

Check this out:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2536-Giotto-s-Lodge-General-Information&p=1291763&viewfull=1#post1291763

Giotto

NicFrenchy
06-26-12, 00:59
The simple problem is, that some Froggies obviously cannot read. .

Check this out:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2536-Giotto-s-Lodge-General-Information&p=1291763&viewfull=1#post1291763

Giotto1, 500++ I doubt you will give me that rate, too low, you will add a surcharge for me based on weight?

Giotto
06-26-12, 04:45
1, 500++ I doubt you will give me that rate, too low, you will add a surcharge for me based on weight?Froggie,

Cannot do that. If I added a surcharge based on the weight of your girlfriend and your weight - would be cheaper for you to simply buy the hotel.

Giotto

Nvslim
06-26-12, 12:54
NicFrenchy,

Thanks for coming by yesterday. With your new girlfriend (- picture). Pleasure talking to you. As always.

Giotto.

http://www.livingstones.co.thThanks alot, now I have to get a new keyboard and a fresh bowl of grits.

Slim