PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta - Hotels

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ronk2k
10-16-07, 05:16
Staying soon at the Shangri-La.

Any advice on the ST going rate for pick up at BATS?

Thanks

Bulai69
10-19-07, 21:31
There are many many posts on this subject: in summary, you will asked a million rupiah (100USD) for what you can get for 400k upwards elsewhere.

Member #4351
10-19-07, 22:21
Great hotel! As far as Bats goes, I was there a couple of weeks ago and got one for 600,000, but that was near closing time during Ramadan. Almost more gringos there than girls many nights.

XXL
10-19-07, 23:07
One thing may work in Bats, if you're staying at Shangri-La and are too lazy to go out. Propose 500k to one or two girls. Usually they'll refuse. Give them your mobile phone number "just in case they change their minds later", and go to bed. At closing time they may call you rather than go home empty-handed.

Ekspat
10-26-07, 01:51
Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
To Close For Renovation

Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta has announced that the hotel will close on December 23, 2007 in order to undergo a far-reaching renovation, which will reposition the property as the city's most luxurious and contemporary hotel.

Details of the exact nature of the renovation are still to be finalized, however substantial changes will be made to the property, including a significant reduction in the number of rooms. Due to the extensive nature of the planned renovation, the hotel will be closed for a significant period.

Just to let u know.

Cheers!

Mighty Spearsman
10-26-07, 07:02
Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
To Close For Renovation

Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta has announced that the hotel will close on December 23, 2007 in order to undergo a far-reaching renovation, which will reposition the property as the city's most luxurious and contemporary hotel.

Details of the exact nature of the renovation are still to be finalized, however substantial changes will be made to the property, including a significant reduction in the number of rooms. Due to the extensive nature of the planned renovation, the hotel will be closed for a significant period.

Just to let u know.

Cheers!
Thanks for this important info.

I often recommend this hotel to friends as a very nice and girl-friendly hotel at a somewhat reasonable rate (under $90 a night). Sounds as if they'll be a lot more expensive once they re-open.

Ekspat
10-26-07, 07:37
At closing time they may call you rather than go home empty-handed.
Yeah, but in case they got costumer, you are in bed empty handed.
Sounds really like a great night, especially in Jakarta.
Better have a plan B.
Cheers!

Ekspat
10-26-07, 07:40
Sounds as if they'll be a lot more expensive once they re-open.
True, I expect this as well.
Reduction in rooms means larger rooms to me--> price hike.
Stayed there several times because of the great location with plaza indonesia next door and many bars nearby.
Let's wait and see.

Cheers!

Traveler1234
10-26-07, 14:23
There are many many posts on this subject: in summary, you will asked a million rupiah (100USD) for what you can get for 400k upwards elsewhere.

Agree they'll ask for satu juta but they can be negotiated down to reasonable market price - 500k rupiah. Depends on which night and also time of evening...

Bulai69
10-28-07, 00:00
Yes, you are right - I wasn't recommending he pays them satu juta! My point was maybe better to hunt elsewhere?

Jan 156
10-28-07, 12:45
If you travel light and can shop around once you get there, a tack I have used is to check into a fairly cheap and nasty place (the sort that doesn't get advertised in brochures or online). Just ask around or do some hunting. Then ask the bellboy to find you a girl and send her to your room.

(I am only recommending this to the adventurous who are confident about not getting mugged, ripped off etc. If you need to play safe, use one of the big hotels.)

Traveler1234
10-28-07, 14:20
Yes, you are right - I wasn't recommending he pays them satu juta! My point was maybe better to hunt elsewhere?

Yup, totally agree again ;)

Idler31
11-06-07, 16:07
I was exhausted after work yesterday, so when I got back to the Mulia I called their spa and asked for an in-room massage. I've had these on several previous stays, and although they have been excellent "veggie" massages, nothing even slightly improper has ever been suggested (much to my disappointment).

Yesterday's massage proceeded as per usual until the massage girl (a 6, maybe, if you overlook the brown teeth) gestured at my boxer shorts and asked if I wanted a massage there too. I expressed interest, she quoted a ridiculous price, we haggled, she stripped naked and provided an expert oily-happy-ending while I groped her extensively. Negotiations revealed, incidentally, that HJs were the limit of this girl's services.

I guess it's a bit hit-or-miss here. I'm pretty sure you can't *order* a massage with extras from the spa, so it's just down to luck as to whether you get an obliging massage girl or not.

I'll probably book another massage for tomorrow; I wonder if any more extras will be offered.

Bulai69
11-08-07, 21:05
There's a passing comment in your report which mentions your "boxer shorts". Whilst not wishing to invalidate your assumptions about the Mulia (the only 5* I've never stayed at), it's perhaps interesting to mention something which a "masseuse" I know well, told me at another hotel. I've "had" her a few times, notwithstanding the excessive cost for a hj, because she is the best practicioner I've ever found.

I asked her if she ever got refusals or lack of interest after she did her usual "accidental" initial stroking of her customer's bollocks. She was amused and said that it never happened because she always could tell if they wanted it well before hand. But the key point was that she said "pasti dia ga mau....kalau pakai boxer shorts" (certainly he doesn't want it...if he's wearing his boxer shorts!)

If you don't get anywhere, remember they will certainly be sacked if they get reported to the hotel management so if in doubt, they won't do it. I know from "reliable sources" that some hotels embed "phantom buyers" to check out mal-practice in that respect. No....I don't know of any vacancies!

Idler31
11-09-07, 14:27
But the key point was that she said "pasti dia ga mau....kalau pakai boxer shorts" (certainly he doesn't want it...if he's wearing his boxer shorts!)

Interesting!

I'm now two-for-two at the Mulia; last night's massage also had a happy ending. Again, the boxer shorts stayed on throughout, and again, the masseuse just asked me outright, "Massage here too"?

I think they just judge the situation on its merits. I'm a young-ish guy, obviously in the hotel alone... it's a fair bet that I'll be up for a handjob. Also, both masseuses indulged in a little sneaky scrotum-rubbing during the "clean" part of the massage, and I think they may have drawn some conclusions from my reactions to that.

Never occurred to me to take off the boxers though. Will give that some thought!

The Exile
11-21-07, 17:06
Yesterday's massage proceeded as per usual until the massage girl (a 6, maybe, if you overlook the brown teeth) gestured at my boxer shorts and asked if I wanted a massage there too. I expressed interest, she quoted a ridiculous price, we haggled, she stripped naked and provided an expert oily-happy-ending while I groped her extensively. Negotiations revealed, incidentally, that HJs were the limit of this girl's services.

I'll probably book another massage for tomorrow; I wonder if any more extras will be offered.If you're in the Mulia, you're much better off nipping off to CJ's. If you go after 10: 30 you can find a girl in minutes. Buy a drink, have a nice chat, and then announce that you have to get up early. She will almost always offer to come up to the room. Short-term costs are less than a massage + HJ, between 450. 800k, depending on the time of night and how pretty she is. Try it once and you'll never get a massage there again.

Genpao
11-21-07, 19:10
Anyone knows any spa still open after midnight? Its really difficult to find one with local massage after 12:00 am.

Mighty Spearsman
11-26-07, 03:49
The hotel that was recommended to you was Ambhara. It is very well located so much that you can walk across the street and get to the Blok M bars like Top Gun and My Bar. Also located right across the street is Passaraya Mall. It's a real good location. Also, you'll be able to get it cheaper if you go to the hotel reservations desk at the airport where you are getting your bags. It's called Indotel and you'll have to pay for your rooms in advance in order to do so by Rupiah or credit card. You can extend by going to one of their offices later in Jakarta. I'll put a link below to their website which I don't know how accurate it is, but it's saying 660,000 a night w/breakfast. The rooms aren't big but location is killer. Staying at other places in Blok M like Melawaii run probably in the 330k range. I used to stay there but it's a little ratty to me, and I got bit by mosquitoes as I'm a magnet to them. If mosquitoes don't bother you, you can go there. It's a farther walk to those bars, but once you know it, it's not a big deal. It can be kind of scary walking there late night though because of the darkness and might behoove you to just take a cab. Also, at night, you'll probably take a cab if you are with a woman in tow.

Personally for me, Blok M bars are great to go to for relatively cheap fun, but you don't have to stay that close. If the price is good for you, then Ambhara is pretty good location and it's a true 3-4 star hotel. It's great not to have to take a cab to go eat in the mall and then barhop. Hotel pricing for what you get in Thailand is not close, but this hotel will not disappoint if you can afford it. Otherwise, other hotels are definitely available but you'll have to cab or take a bus to Blok M. There is a hotel section here in the Indonesia section so if you haven't maybe read it. But the link below is Indotel and will show some pricing for them but you'll have to deal with them when you land and go pick your bags up. There's ATM's right when you clear immigration to pay in Rupiah, but for that much, you might have to charge it. There is another hotel reservation desk called Kaha right outside after you clear customs, but I don't recall seeing that they had a relationship with Ambhara hotel. You can check and the customs guy will let you go back into the luggage area to go back to Indotel to do business otherwise. At least they did with me before. Kaha seemed cheaper for the hotels that both did business with. They will even come to your hotel to help extend your stay for their price if you call them. Don't know if Indotel would do the same. You'll have to pay them cash though of course but it's all legit.

The hotel would not match the price given to me by the hotel reservations desk that's why I had to call them. It's stupid but they all do it. The website quotes for the hotels are kind of bs, so don't bother. The Indotel website below is kind of tricky to figure out but information is there, just find the links by moving your cursor around to see them.

Also, enjoy but realize it's not Thailand.

http://www.goindotel.com/prg/booking.php?kdhot=19
I just wanted to support Key Master's information in response to a recent post by Bowerboy in the "Jakarta" section. I'm posting my comments in this thread as it is the more appropriate section for discussion on hotels.

I travelled outside of Indonesia for a few days and arrived in Jakarta Sunday evening at Terminal 2, Section D (where most of the foreign airlines such as Singapore Air, Lufthansa, etc. have their flights). I went over to the Hotel Reservations counter inside the baggage area (as described above) and scribbled down the prices for several hotels, including the Ambhara Hotel in Blok M.

Ambhara Hotel - 680,000 rupiah a night

Hotel Melawai I - 255,000 rupiah a night

Hotel Melawai II - 290,000 rupiah a night

Mercure Rekso (in Kota, north part of Jakarta) - 520,000 rupiah a night

There was also a large sign on the wall boasting "Special Rates for Sultan Hotel" that's the old Hilton, also the Sahid Jaya (3 star hotel on Jl. Sudirman) had good rates as they are undergoing a renovation of their lobby and front entrance. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to write down their rates, but I'm sure that they are reasonable also.

Hope this helps Bowerboy.

MarkIII
11-26-07, 22:23
Since I do not want to bring girls into my appartement. This hotel looks like a good place to bring a girl to. The price seems reasonable at arround Rp 270 rb and the location is great.

Did anyone try it ??

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Mighty Spearsman
11-27-07, 01:45
Since I do not want to bring girls into my appartement. This hotel looks like a good place to bring a girl to. The price seems reasonable at arround Rp 270 rb and the location is great.

Did anyone try it ??

Any other suggestions are welcome.
The rooms are small and furnishings are sparse, but hey, you're there to have sex, not admire the furniture.

Yes, the location and price are both good, especially for an overnight stay.

If you're only there for a short-time round, you could even book the room in the girl's name and let her keep the room for the night after you leave. If the girl just wants to sleep, that room may be nicer than her room in a crowded rooming house where she normally stays; if the girl wishes to entertain additional "clients" after you leave, that's up to her.

Other reasonably priced options for short-time/short stay are listed in a recent post by our distinguished senior member Oyenk.

Memekman
11-27-07, 05:59

Did anyone try it ??

Any other suggestions are welcome.I had used the hotel once in April just when it had opened. My report is in the Jakarta Admin thread:

http://internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=590977#post590977

It's well-priced and you can park your car in the basement parking lot and take the cewek directly to your room without the security bothering you. Moreover, since the escalator goes straight down into the shopping centre lobby, she can leave your room in the morning while you have your beauty sleep and get out without being hassled by security. Yes the rooms are small but what the heck- you are there only to fuck.

Tcvve
12-02-07, 16:13
I just wanted to support Key Master's information in response to a recent post by Bowerboy in the "Jakarta" section. I'm posting my comments in this thread as it is the more appropriate section for discussion on hotels.

I travelled outside of Indonesia for a few days and arrived in Jakarta Sunday evening at Terminal 2, Section D (where most of the foreign airlines such as Singapore Air, Lufthansa, etc. have their flights). I went over to the Hotel Reservations counter inside the baggage area (as described above) and scribbled down the prices for several hotels, including the Ambhara Hotel in Blok M.

Ambhara Hotel - 680,000 rupiah a night

Hotel Melawai I - 255,000 rupiah a night

Hotel Melawai II - 290,000 rupiah a night

Mercure Rekso (in Kota, north part of Jakarta) - 520,000 rupiah a night

There was also a large sign on the wall boasting "Special Rates for Sultan Hotel" that's the old Hilton, also the Sahid Jaya (3 star hotel on Jl. Sudirman) had good rates as they are undergoing a renovation of their lobby and front entrance. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to write down their rates, but I'm sure that they are reasonable also.

Hope this helps Bowerboy.Hi Mighty Spearsman.

3 quick questions.

I am planning to be in Jakarta either August or October of 2008.

1. From your experience, will there be rooms available at the Hotel Melawai I or II without having prior reservation for the months I stated above.

And (As you stated) I should just walk to Hotel Reservation at the airport to book my rooms there.

2. The prices you scribbled down in your post, were the actual prices given to you by Hotel Reservation?

3. If I get stuck without a room, are there guesthouses around Block M where a room is available. I am planning to stay for 7 days my hotel budget limit is $35.00.

Thanks,

Tom.

Mighty Spearsman
12-04-07, 05:09
Hi Mighty Spearsman.

3 quick questions.

I am planning to be in Jakarta either August or October of 2008.

1. From your experience, will there be rooms available at the Hotel Melawai I or II without having prior reservation for the months I stated above.

And (As you stated) I should just walk to Hotel Reservation at the airport to book my rooms there.

2. The prices you scribbled down in your post, were the actual prices given to you by Hotel Reservation?

3. If I get stuck without a room, are there guesthouses around Block M where a room is available. I am planning to stay for 7 days my hotel budget limit is $35.00.

Thanks,

Tom.Three quick answers to your three quick questions:

1) Yes, there should be rooms available at both Melawai I and II in August and September 2008 without prior reservation, barring some unforeseen disaster. And yes, you should have no problem booking a room at the hotel reservation desk at the airport.

2) Yes, the prices I wrote down were the actual prices given to me at the reservation desk (just curious, where did you think I got them? did you think I made them up?). All of the prices are posted on three pieces of paper that are posted on stand-ups at the desk/booth. While there's no guarantee that these prices will be the same in August/September 2008, or even that the dollar-rupiah and euro-rupiah exchange rates will stay the same as today, chances are that the prices for these two hotels will remain within your budget.

Caveat: I'm not sure if the prices at the hotel reservation desk include the 10% sales tax or not.

3) Yes, there are other inexpensive places nearby that are within your budget, including the Golden hotel, the Prapanca, and others.

An unsolicited caution: the fasting month of Ramadan begins on either September 1st or 2nd, 2008, meaning that most of the night spots and massage parlors will be closed down beginning August 30th or 31st until after the fasting month is over (they will re-open in early October).

While it's certainly possible to get sex during Ramadan (just read the posts by me and Oyenk written on the Jakarta board in September 2007), the overall scene is not the same as during the rest of the year. So I strongly encourage you to plan your visit for August 2008, not September.

Dezstylez
12-04-07, 08:41
If you don't get anywhere, remember they will certainly be sacked if they get reported to the hotel management so if in doubt, they won't do it. I know from "reliable sources" that some hotels embed "phantom buyers" to check out mal-practice in that respect. No. I don't know of any vacancies! I've always wondered why there are some girls who refuse to release me of my misery; ) Saying that it is the Management's policy and all.

Do any of you know of any MP that could sent a girl over to your room? I've tried a few but they say they don't provide that kind of service.

Tcvve
12-04-07, 14:41
Three quick answers to your three quick questions:

1) Yes, there should be rooms available at both Melawai I and II in August and September 2008 without prior reservation, barring some unforeseen disaster. And yes, you should have no problem booking a room at the hotel reservation desk at the airport.

2) Yes, the prices I wrote down were the actual prices given to me at the reservation desk (just curious, where did you think I got them? did you think I made them up?). All of the prices are posted on three pieces of paper that are posted on stand-ups at the desk/booth. While there's no guarantee that these prices will be the same in August/September 2008, or even that the dollar-rupiah and euro-rupiah exchange rates will stay the same as today, chances are that the prices for these two hotels will remain within your budget.

Caveat: I'm not sure if the prices at the hotel reservation desk include the 10% sales tax or not.

3) Yes, there are other inexpensive places nearby that are within your budget, including the Golden hotel, the Prapanca, and others.

An unsolicited caution: the fasting month of Ramadan begins on either September 1st or 2nd, 2008, meaning that most of the night spots and massage parlors will be closed down beginning August 30th or 31st until after the fasting month is over (they will re-open in early October).

While it's certainly possible to get sex during Ramadan (just read the posts by me and Oyenk written on the Jakarta board in September 2007), the overall scene is not the same as during the rest of the year. So I strongly encourage you to plan your visit for August 2008, not September.Thanks for your feedback.

Actually I did think you wrote down the room rates you were willing to pay, handed this to hotel reservation for bargaining purposes. My bad.

Tom.

Hatze
12-09-07, 01:51
Hi guys,

We all know that this hotel is popular for st bookings. Dies anybody know how good or bad the spa-service is? I read that there is a club as well. Any infos?

To answer another question on pondok nirvana: despite rumors that there are some hookersstrolling around near the "toilet area" (wherever that is), I did never seen any pick-up chicks there. Once I ask a staff and he answered with no (my bahasa is poor).

I asked at 7 pm, so eventually it was too early.

Bulai69
12-09-07, 12:50
"Do any of you know of any MP that could sent a girl over to your room? I've tried a few but they say they don't provide that kind of service."

There are many many ways of getting girls sent to your hotel room but in general, it is not something I would recommend. Firstly, some MP's will allow "take-outs" but I think you have to go and collect them rather than have them sent which I guess isn't what is behind your question. There are better experts than me in the MP "scene" who might answer this?

You can find plenty of glorified pimps in local newspapers or - a better option - in some of the shopping malls (eg top floor of PI or hanging around outside), the latter often have a "catalogue" you can choose from but again you have to do some preparatory investigation and again, although it's something I have tried a few times and not something I would recommend.

In summary, the problems are: the girls are not always as good as you are expecting and they are almost always late - even by Jakarta standards. You might well be promised a girl in "half an hour" and it could be 2 plus hours before she arrives. If you do go this route always allow plenty of time, be robust about your "specification" and ask the pimp to bring two or three so you can choose. A final point on this is that of course, you will pay probably three times what you get the same girl for elsewhere. Chinese and fair skin girls are always more expensive so when/if you call let the them "sell" you them first and then say you want a "pribumi" local girl (unless of course you want to pay even more for fair skin). Always negotiate, the guy who brings the girl will want a tip as well and so will the girl when she leaves! This process will set you back 100USD in round figures, maybe more. If you do get a nice girl, get her number and deal direct next time (but remember they may promise to come and not turn up, often keeping you waiting for hours declaring that they are stuck in a traffic jam before you eventually realise that they aren't coming at all. Result: 3 or 4 hours wasted in which time you could have gone out and found one for yourself)

Maybe the best route if you are desperate and don't want to go out is to ask one of the hotel door men. It always pays to make friends with them (which is achieved by the simple expedient of giving them 20 - 50k now and again).
They will for sure have contacts though of course, the contacts will be the pimps I've written about above. However you do have a (slightly) better guarantee of quality and certainly no problem with access.

The safest, quickest but most expensive option is the in-room massage but that doesn't always "deliver" for the reasons already mentioned.

Oyenk
12-09-07, 16:41
Hi guys,

We all know that this hotel is popular for st bookings. Dies anybody know how good or bad the spa-service is? I read that there is a club as well. Any infos?

To answer another question on pondok nirvana: despite rumors that there are some hookersstrolling around near the "toilet area" (wherever that is), I did never seen any pick-up chicks there. Once I ask a staff and he answered with no (my bahasa is poor).

I asked at 7 pm, so eventually it was too early.
Hi Hatze...

Maharadja only provides transit room not the WG, I suggest you to go to Hotel Bintang Baru in Pasar Baru (central jakarta) if you're loking for transit place which provides WG. Just ask the security or roomboy who opens you the room...!
See in thread info the address and phone number, good luck.

cheers.

Hatze
12-10-07, 02:52
Hi Hatze...

Maharadja only provides transit room not the WG, I suggest you to go to Hotel Bintang Baru in Pasar Baru (central jakarta) if you're loking for transit place which provides WG. Just ask the security or roomboy who opens you the room...!
See in thread info the address and phone number, good luck.

ctx!heers.Thanks mate,

In general I was interested in the quality of the in-house massage! A friend told me its fs, but his knowledge is more thana year old.

A you are the expert, can you give a recommendation in Kemang?

Oyenk
12-10-07, 16:50
Thanks mate,

A you are the expert, can you give a recommendation in Kemang?
No sorry, my knowledge only west jakarta.

Vahaza Be
12-10-07, 19:59
No sorry, my knowledge only west jakarta.
How about hotels in South Jakarta?

Hatze
12-11-07, 08:29
hi hatze...

maharadja only provides transit room not the wg, i suggest you to go to hotel bintang baru in pasar baru (central jakarta) if you're loking for transit place which provides wg. just ask the security or roomboy who opens you the room...!
see in thread info the address and phone number, good luck.

cheers.guys, today i did one for the team and went to maharadja to enjoy the massage facilities.

90 mins cost 170k. the girl was a bit fat but not really ugly. she looks like fired in melawai 10 years ago ;-)

the massage was poor and when i turned around with hard one, she started to nego very hard. she requested 1mio for bbbj and 700 for hj.

i laughed and asked her to have a look into a mirror.

finally i neotiated her down to 400 for a hj. i was pissed but horny.

when i chatted with her, she mentioned that the cafe nirvana is full of girls in the evenings (eventually worth a shy look) and that hotel maharani offers smilar massage services.

btw, i also saw the second therapist, who wasnt a ripper as well.

in summary: avoid!

Oyenk
12-11-07, 16:57
How about hotels in South Jakarta?
Hi...

You may go to Hotel Kaisar in Duren Tiga area/ Jl. PLN no 1 South Jakarta (a group of maharadja hotel) I have attached their address and number in this link..

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=651641&postcount=330

ask the security to bring you freelance WG (rate around 500,000 rupiahs for ST/2-3 hours). This hotel also provides transit hour (around 8 hours for 170,000 rupiahs)...Thát only I know in South Jakarta.

But I recommend Hotel Bintang Baru for freelance WG (rate cheaper 300-350,000 rupiahs and better gals).

enjoy your stay in JKT brother !

cheers.

KL Guy
12-11-07, 19:52
http://www.cci.co.id/e-travel/index.php

I checked and is cheaper by aerage 10% than those at Kaha & Indotel @ Int Airport. Bear in mind these are local rates but with some referance to blue rates too!

KL Guy ;)

Possessed Seoul
12-13-07, 03:38
i posted a report about kaiser somewhere as i had stayed there for a few weeks back in 04. the price has gone up of late, but i still think it's value for money considering the lack of options in the area. but rather than asking security, you can hunt in the dangdut/karaoke lounge or the nightclub in the basement. in the former, the rotating roster of singers on open mike night seem happy to go with you for around 500 (from memory), but be careful in the latter, plenty of ayam who seem ****d. one came right up and grabbed my balls, accra handshake style, so the intent was there. didn't ask the price for obvious reasons. the karaoke also has some freelancers and i met a nice girl who claimed to be a shop assistant my last time there. one last thing, make sure your beer is cold before they serve it, i had a rotten time trying to get my bintang served at standard aussie temp.

hi...

you may go to hotel kaisar in duren tiga area/ jl. pln no 1 south jakarta (a group of maharadja hotel) i have attached their address and number in this link..

ask the security to bring you freelance wg (rate around 500,000 rupiahs for st/2-3 hours). this hotel also provides transit hour (around 8 hours for 170,000 rupiahs)...thát only i know in south jakarta.

but i recommend hotel bintang baru for freelance wg (rate cheaper 300-350,000 rupiahs and better gals).

enjoy your stay in jkt brother !

cheers.

1Ball
12-18-07, 11:39
I am planning 1 night in Jakarta at the start of the new year, and have been told by my clients le Meridien would be the most convenient for them. I am going there with my GF, who is a good Balinese woman. Can anyone suggest a nice place to go near the hotel, which is not full of WG? a jazz bar maybe, if at all posssible, or rock n roll? Thanks

Also, it seems the best deal is with Asiarooms.com at 107$ for a double. Is that about standard? Does anyone know of a better deal?
Thank you

Bulai69
12-18-07, 16:13
1Ball - that rate is about as good as you will get (should include breakfast for two at that price). You might find however that when you try to book it's not available through Asia Rooms in January in which case you could book directly using your girlfriends ID card number. (Better if she calls them - 021 251 3131). I've just tried to book with them myself in January and there are no rooms at that rate but I booked direct and got one.

There is nowhere within walking distance that fits your criteria (as far as I'm aware), you will need to take a taxi ride. When you get to Le Meridien there will be a Jakarta magazine which will list lots of suitable places.

1Ball
12-18-07, 16:18
good to know B69.
thank you

John Aldrich
12-18-07, 19:42
I am planning 1 night in Jakarta at the start of the new year, and have been told by my clients le Meridien would be the most convenient for them. I am going there with my GF, who is a good Balinese woman. Can anyone suggest a nice place to go near the hotel, which is not full of WG? a jazz bar maybe, if at all posssible, or rock n roll? Thanks

Also, it seems the best deal is with Asiarooms.com at 107$ for a double. Is that about standard? Does anyone know of a better deal?
Thank you

Try www.bobobobo.com. I book my rooms through them I get Meridien at Rp.635K with breakfast for two, Aryaduta at four hundred and odd with breakfast for two and Mulia at Rp.890K. Only thing is, you need to book the room and call them. They will then confirm the booking to you by phone and sms you their account number and then you need to transfer money through ATM. After that they will scan and email the voucher to you. But you need to be a Kitas holder for availing the discount. Or just walk into Panorama travels or Smailing tours and pick up the voucher after paying up front since this web portal is managed by them.

In case you are not a Kitas holder, then tell your Balinese GF to book it in her name.

I never tell my company to book the room at the corporate discount rates when am planning to monger or take a girl out for the night. I prefer doing it through this web portal.

Cheers

Dezstylez
12-19-07, 04:54
There are many many ways of getting girls sent to your hotel room but in general, it is not something I would recommend. Firstly, some MP's will allow "take-outs" but I think you have to go and collect them rather than have them sent which I guess isn't what is behind your question.Hats off to you Bulai69!! Very useful info indeed. I will be wiser on my coming trip in January 2008.

Dez

1Ball
12-19-07, 17:14
Thanks John Aldrich.
I had already tried booking via asiarooms, but the time I read your post. After a few hours, they came back with not available, as B69 had suggested. So I tried www.bobobobo.com, and tried all sorts of variations of Le Meridien. I took out "Le", and put in "The", I typed in "Meridien", and nothing. So I aksed the GF to call them, they quoted her 655,000 net inc Bfast for 2, indeed much cheaper than asiarooms. They told her they had a room available at that price.

So when she booked it, they then told her they couldn't confirm, as they didn't know the price, and if it was available. (For anyone familiar with Indonesia, I am sure you are smiling, and saying to yourselves, "That is typical"). So they then told her they would give her a confirmation, (or a denial) on Dec 25.

John, is this the way they usually operate, and why does it come up with no match when I enter the meridien hotel? Thoughts?

Joel Goodsen
12-19-07, 21:48
1Ball, indeed I'm smiling as I share the experience. In September of this year I tried to make a booking via them for the Sari Pan, as it had just been renovated. Same thing. One of the down sides of this site is that they require you to make payment in advance via money transfer. Maybe less of an issue in you're in Indonesia (and you trust them), but for overseas travelers making a booking just a few days prior to departure, not handy. I ended up making a booking via wotif.

John Aldrich
12-19-07, 23:26
I saw your posting and I first thought that you are unable to find the hotel since you are logging in from abroad. Am in Cairo now and I tried from here keying in Le Meridien and I got the hotel name coming up. Something wrong somewhere. I have no answer for it.

For which date are you trying to book. Is it for 31st night. Since many hotels are refusing to confirm 31st night through discount groups/portals unless it is corporate. I never had problem with them before.

Hope you get the confirmation.

Cheers

Thanks John Aldrich.
I had already tried booking via asiarooms, but the time I read your post. After a few hours, they came back with not available, as B69 had suggested. So I tried www.bobobobo.com, and tried all sorts of variations of Le Meridien. I took out "Le", and put in "The", I typed in "Meridien", and nothing. So I aksed the GF to call them, they quoted her 655,000 net inc Bfast for 2, indeed much cheaper than asiarooms. They told her they had a room available at that price.

So when she booked it, they then told her they couldn't confirm, as they didn't know the price, and if it was available. (For anyone familiar with Indonesia, I am sure you are smiling, and saying to yourselves, "That is typical"). So they then told her they would give her a confirmation, (or a denial) on Dec 25.

John, is this the way they usually operate, and why does it come up with no match when I enter the meridien hotel? Thoughts?

Bulai69
12-20-07, 16:41
That is good advice from John A, sometimes that site gives a very good rate but it can also be problematic, a friend of mine booked with them and when he arrived at the hotel (not Le Meridien) there was no room. I know Le Meridien is quite busy in January so I think getting your girlfriend to book directly is probably best.

You can find Le Meridien if you just list all hotels in Jakarta on bobobobo and go to page 6

TimTimGuy
12-27-07, 00:01
I made a business trip to Jakarta a few weeks back, my first, and I was looking forward to sampling the ladies there. A friend in Jakarta recommended the Sultan hotel, and said he would introduce me to more interesting places. Unfortunately, he was caught out of Indonesia for the 3 nights I was there.

The first night I arrived late and tired after about 10 hours of travel and transit. That plus a very early morning meeting convinced me to stay "at home" in the Sultan. But I thought I would at least try to find some of Jakarta’s fabled beauties. From the beginning, this looked like a real challenge. The bar was absolutely empty and I could see no chance of action anywhere else in the hotel. I even toured the pool area to see if I could find any action from bored women travelers. I remember a report from a guy who got a BJ in the locker room from a woman in a thong. But no women, none, zip. So much for that idea.

I considered just calling it a night, but I thought maybe the in-house massage was worth a try. This was a leap of faith for me. I’m pretty wary about ordering a massage in-the-room, without seeing the masseuse first. A few years ago, a (Thai) hotel sent up masseuse that looked more like a sumo wrestler than the girl of my dreams, and this lady would not take "no" for answer. I was traumatized for weeks.

So I went to the Sultan’s spa to check things out. Nice décor. There is a wimpy guy at a counter who asks what you want. What I wanted and what I politely asked for were two different things, maybe my mistake. But I asked for a one-hour (maybe 90 minutes, I don’t remember) oil massage. The guy led me to a very nice little room but no choice of girls. My uneasiness was growing.

Then a really pretty women came in. Not a word of English. She took a really business-like approach to the massage which disappointed me but I decided to relax and enjoy it. Then she started some very intimate touching. I rolled over with a smile. She pulled out a condom, pointed to her pussy and tilted her head, making the universal sign-language question for "You want? " I want. She asks a ridiculous amount of US$200. I want to see her naked first. She has a very nice body and C cup tits. Ah! We settle on $50 but only if she comes to my room.

Of course, I mistakenly gave her the wrong room number! 629 instead of 692 or something. (TTG often does not think clearly with a naked girl next to him.) I realize my mistake and go back down to the spa. I ask about her. Wimpy guy says "She go to your room. " I explain I gave the wrong room number. Back upstairs for me. Five minutes later she’s there. Ritual shower and brushing of teeth.

She is much too mechanical and passive. I played with her for a bit, especially those gorgeous tits. Then I turn her over and finish in a doggie position. While I am lying there panting and waiting for my heart rate to get back somewhere near normal, she jumps up and hits the shower. Before I realize it, she’s dressed and ready to leave. I was hoping for round two, but I knew I would need more recovery time. So bye-bye beauty.

The Sultan is a very nice hotel. The massage/spa is not a bad last-resort option, but as I found out two nights later, Jakarta has much more to offer. It was unsettling that the masseuse started her opening bid at $200. (We wrote the numbers/price on paper, BTW.) My bargaining experience over many years in many places tells me that she was looking for about $100 and I felt like I was paying too much at $50. That is a big gap in expectations. And maybe why I got only mechanical service.

Some observations about Jakarta. I know this stuff may be "shoot from the hip" because I was there for only a few days but:

-Unless you speak Bahasa Indonesia, you will be at a significant disadvantage dealing with taxis and other service providers. If you are going out, write down the address of your destination and your hotel (for the return trip) and bring it with you. Even staying in an upscale hotel, I had trouble getting drivers who knew where I wanted to go.-or, were willing to make the trip in traffic. On Friday night, the hotel brought 3 taxis before the driver would take me to Alexis Spa (report below). Brother Oyenk has provided great information, but I don’t know one jalan from the next!

- Have a plan. Jakarta is bewilderingly large and busy. (Think of Los Angeles on steroids.) If you are in J on business, try to find out the locations that are close to the hotel. My experience, admittedly limited, is that you will spend a lot of time finding locations. I could not find a Jakarta map that gave me any idea of distances. Buying a SIM card for Indonesia is cheap and carrying a mobile telephone is a good idea.

TTG

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Bulai69
12-27-07, 20:07
Just a follow up on TimTimGuy's excellent report - for those who don't know, the Sultan (which used to be a Hilton but not a proper one) is situated such that it doesn't get taxi's passing by like for example, Le Meridien which is on a main road. Every time I've been there it's always been a long wait. In practice that means you are more likely to accept a third rate one - which in turn means he won't know his way around. I strongly recommend that newcomers tell the hotel doorman (who will speak in English) where they want to go and MAKE SURE that he has spoken to the taxi driver and he in turm knows where you want to go. Double-check this! It's no good just showing the taxi driver an address and asking if he knows it: he will always say yes and an hour later you'll find out he didn't.

As for "special" services, an asking price of 200USD is quite normal in 5* hotels and you are not likely to get anything for much less, even HJ.

Mighty Spearsman
12-30-07, 16:26
I made a business trip to Jakarta a few weeks back, my first, and I was looking forward to sampling the ladies there. A friend in Jakarta recommended the Sultan hotel...

...It was unsettling that the masseuse started her opening bid at $200. (We wrote the numbers/price on paper, BTW.) My bargaining experience over many years in many places tells me that she was looking for about $100 and I felt like I was paying too much at $50. That is a big gap in expectations. And maybe why I got only mechanical service...
The $50 tip that you paid is roughly equivalent to half a month's salary for that masseuse, so you certainly did not underpay.

However you are correct about the gap in expectations. The average masseuse in a respectable massage spa (i.e. not a brothel like Alexis, Malioboro, Kartika, etc.) would normally only receive small tips for a regular non-sexual massages, especially as many of her customers may be female (tip might only be 10,000 rupiah). So, that masseuse will hope for a "big kill" whenever she does get a horny male foreigner who's seeking extras as a customer, thus the starting bid of $200. Considering your situation, to receive what you did get, a $50 tip was not that bad; unfortunately, as you already know, for less money, you could have had a much better, certainly less mechanical experience with a girl who you met outside of the Sultan Hotel.

Bulai69 is correct in stating that the Sultan Hotel (while a fairly nice hotel) might not be the best hotel for a non-Indonesian monger who's new to Jakarta.

I do agree that it does help to know some bahasa Indonesian here (it's certainly helped me). However, a brand-new visitor to Jakarta with no Indonesian language skills could have success just by sticking to the well-known 5-star hotel bars (CJ's at Hotel Mulia, Tiga Puluh at Le Meridien Hotel, BATS at the Shangri-La Hotel), the popular blok M bars, even the more easily-located brothels such as Malioboro, Kartika, Today Country in Lokasari Plaza, etc.

Terje66
01-04-08, 00:11
Hello Will stay for 2 nights in Jakarta. What is the best hotel(location) when it comes to the nightlife(taking girls to room) or maybe finding girl at hotel nightclub?

John Aldrich
01-04-08, 17:51
Hello Will stay for 2 nights in Jakarta. What is the best hotel(location) when it comes to the nightlife(taking girls to room) or maybe finding girl at hotel nightclub?

RTFF. It means Read the F....n Forum. Lots of info and inputs based on your budget. Thats the only way to show regard to all the friends here who have burnt the "midnight" oil and put in efforts to document their findings here.

Happy reading and plasurable mongeing.

Cheers

FieldMouse
01-13-08, 08:04
Hi all,

Nothing report this one, just an update on PN. Price now is 250k for VIP room. They have done them up a bit since last time I was there, fresh paint, more lighting and tvs that actually work! Same old sad arse mirrors tho. Still, for a no questions asked short stay they are ok, unless you can snag a girl who is happy to blow you in the carpark at Carrefore just down the road. But thats another story hehehe.

Same old routine at PN, you drive in the carpark and your out of sight in seconds, noone knows your there, and the attendants don't come back unless you call for them for food.

TIP. If you plan to eat (food), ask for a menu when you pay for the room, otherwise you have to call the attendant back, wait for a menu etc.

Cheers,

Fieldmouse

Oyenk
01-14-08, 17:25
Brothers...

see this link;

instead of paying more (1 day), I suggest you to pick transit hour rather than 1 day check-in.

cheers.

Cheap Meat
01-14-08, 22:30
I'm looking for something really cheap, like 150,000 rupiah or less a night.

Anything like that around the action zones?

Oyenk
01-15-08, 16:13
I'm looking for something really cheap, like 150,000 rupiah or less a night.

Anything like that around the action zones?
Hi there, please brows !

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=652899&postcount=250

this hotel is located in West Jakarta so it would be easier for you to see the biggest mongering area in Indonesia...West Jakarta !

cheers.

Bulai69
01-15-08, 21:16
If you mean the "action zones" most frequently reported in the forum I think you might be better to pay a little bit more and stay in somewhere like Ibis Arcadia which last time I passed by (a few weeks ago) was advertising at 180k. If you drop down into local, non-international type hotels you will probably suffer a big step change downwards for minimal saving.

But if you must have somewhere really cheap, try Jalan Jaksa which is a "backpacker" area. It's not far from several hotels with night clubs and big malls and also has lots of girls hanging around in late-openning cafes. But see my comments in Jakarta thread - if you tell any girl you are staying in Jalan Jaksa she may well not even go there.

Luft Butt
02-05-08, 10:36
I will stay next week 4 days at Ciputra Hotel in Jakarta. It is my first time and woould like to know if there is any action inside or outside. They told me that inside the hotel there is also a shopping mall. Any info?

Thanks guys!

Aakumu
02-06-08, 02:51
I will stay next week 4 days at Ciputra Hotel in Jakarta. It is my first time and woould like to know if there is any action inside or outside. They told me that inside the hotel there is also a shopping mall. Any info?

Thanks guys!Mall has alot of chinese not too easy to get close to them. On the top floor the is a movie, sometime girl do hang out there, or some of the cafe.
below the hotel used to be lido night club not too bad, might want to try it out. What kind of action are we talking about?

The closest places outside is in Roxy Mas shop houses, many message place with freelances.

Luft Butt
02-06-08, 09:33
Mall has alot of chinese not too easy to get close to them. On the top floor the is a movie, sometime girl do hang out there, or some of the cafe.
below the hotel used to be lido night club not too bad, might want to try it out. What kind of action are we talking about?

The closest places outside is in Roxy Mas shop houses, many message place with freelances.Many thanks Aakamu,

I am talking about ladies action, you gave me right answers. How far is Roxy Mas shop houses from Ciputra? Can go walking or need to take a taxi?

Mighty Spearsman
02-08-08, 05:50
Hotel Melawai II

17, Jalan Melawai Raya
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta

Tel: (62) 021-270-0447
Fax: (62) 021-270-0999
e-mail: hotelmelawai@yahoo.com
http://asia100.com/hmelawai

Located directly across the street from Hotel Melawai (home of the Maribaya Spa on its 6th floor) in Blok M, same ownership, but slightly nicer and in better (newer) condition. Besides being across the street from Maribaya Spa, it is close to the Blok M night spots (Top gun, etc.), the Blok M mall, etc. Easy to get a taxi as it's on a main drag, and it is walking distance from the Transjakarta bus stop for Blok M.

When I stopped by here earlier this week, the rate that was posted at the reception desk was 365,000 rupiah (breakfast included), but that price is obviously negotiable. Not a 5-star hotel, but decent value for the price that you pay.

I personally did not see the rooms here, but a few mongers have stayed here in the past, including the esteemed Prof. Designer, who posted that it was ok.

Mighty Spearsman
02-08-08, 06:02
Wisma Blok M
located directly behind Hotel Melawai II.

If you stand in front of the entrance to Hotel Melawai II's Fadjar Restaurant (located in the back of Hotel Melawai II), this one-story building is located directly across the street, slightly diagonally to your right.

There's a local restaurant in the front, but there are 5-6 rooms in the back that are available short-term; 100,000 rupiah for a room with a shared bathroom across the back courtyard, and 150,000 rupiah for a room with attached bath.

Nothing special, but the rooms are clean and the price is right for a ST shot; it doesn't hurt to know about this option if you're nearby (i.e. Blok M mall) with a girl and you need a ST place.

I'd never heard of this place before this week, and I'd bet most readers here don't know about this place. Only reason I know about it is that I had a session with a girl who used to work at Maribaya Spa but who stopped working there recently because of the lack of business; she told me to meet her in front of Hotel Melawai II, then she walked me over to this place for our session. The employees here definitely knew who she was!

Oyenk
02-08-08, 19:09

Thanks guys!
Hi there...

Behind this hotel there is an mongering area, the street name is Jl. Daan Mogot 1...many bordello out here such as Medika , Hot Pants and others...

cheers.

Bulai69
02-09-08, 12:56
You can find girls in the mall and also in Taman Anggrek mall which is not far away. You are also close to a big university (Trisakti) and many girls from there go into the malls late afternoon. Ciputra is also close to Medika - search the forum and you will find reports on that.

It's not a very good area to wander around outside at night unless you are confident and familiar with this part of the world and ideally speak the language. There are streetwalkers but if you want them it's maybe best to get a taxi and brief the taxi driver who will speak to them for you. As always he may want a small cut from you and/or them.

I am sure you will be able to get room service massage with "extras" but it's likely to be relatively expensive.

Mighty Spearsman
02-09-08, 17:42
Many thanks Aakamu,

I am talking about ladies action, you gave me right answers. How far is Roxy Mas shop houses from Ciputra? Can go walking or need to take a taxi?
Tropical Spa is located in the C1 section of Roxy Mas, one of the blocks of 3-story buildings behind the taller ITC Mall) and is the Roxy Mas place that has been most-reported on here on ISG. It's fairly close to where you'll be, but not walking distance - take a taxi (Blue Bird Taxi is the best). Use the search function to browse several recent reports (from September 2007 to January 2008) on this place.

Tropical Spa is no great shakes, certainly not a "high-end" place, but it does offer an interesting 2-girl combo: a 45 minute sex session with a freelancer (most likely a young cutie in her early 20s) for 359,000 rupiah, followed by a "free" massage session with one of the fat 40-ish masseuses working there. You get to pick the freelancer and the house chooses the masseuse for you.

I recently tried out this package and had a nice time; the freelance girl was 22 years old and cute and gave great oral and cowgirl service, I shot my load just before the session ended, while the massage afterwards was very relaxing, with the masseuse giving me a great "petik mangga" (dick massage from the back while you're lying on your stomach). Note: the masseuse then started to give me a hand job as part of the "free" massage, but I stopped her before shooting my load for the second time as I had plans for later that evening.

Total cost was 359,000 rupiah plus two tips of 50,000 each to the two ladies, a bit higher than at some of the other spas, but not bad for the combination of a FS session and a massage from a professional masseuse who actually gives a proper massage.

You will also be close to the FM1 Spa, located in a strange orange building right next to the highway. Only a few reports have been written about this place; I personally have yet to go there. Not sure if full service is available there, although a hand job is available.

MarkIII
02-12-08, 12:36
I have heard that there are many so called "drive in" hotels available in Jakarta. Places where you can park your car inside and discreetly (no ID etc.) can have fun with a girl you bring.

anyone ever tried such a place ?? and are they any good or is it all very basic... ???

John Aldrich
02-12-08, 19:46
I have heard that there are many so called "drive in" hotels available in Jakarta. Places where you can park your car inside and discreetly (no ID etc.) can have fun with a girl you bring.

anyone ever tried such a place ?? and are they any good or is it all very basic... ???

I have already posted details about Pondok Nirwana. Its also been listed in the Lst of Distinction. Just RTFF and you will find it. And many others have also posted details about other joints.

Have Fun,

Cheers

Jaimito Cartero
02-13-08, 05:15
For those that want to stay in a nice place, for a lot less money, there is a really good deal out there. Nights available might be limited, but should be about $50 a night. I don't want to post it here, as it may ruin it for all the others that are currently using this deal. I also have to make sure my nights are locked in! :)

If you're a senior member, and have contributed to the Indonesia forum, PM me, and I'll give you the details. I'll send out the details in a day or two.

Memekman
02-13-08, 06:40

Besides Pondok Nirwana, there is Hillside just a little ahead of the Fatmawati flyover/crossing , Taman Cilandak area, next to a Japanese resturant (forget its name)

Jaimito Cartero
02-13-08, 08:30
I've booked my nights, so if you'd like details on the $50, 5 star, just PM me. Senior members who have contributed to the Indonesia forums only.

MarkIII
02-13-08, 19:45
Besides Pondok Nirwana, there is Hillside just a little ahead of the Fatmawati flyover/crossing , Taman Cilandak area, next to a Japanese resturant (forget its name)

I've been doing some reading on the internet and this site of course. I have found a report of John A. about Pondok Nirwana. I also found this on an indonesian forum. Hillside a.k.a Bukit Indah Hotel. Jl RA Kartini (Next to Peugeot Lebak Bulus), 750-2628.

Are any of those places close to Sarinah or blok M ?? I do have a car but as you guys know the roads in Jakarta can be pretty difficult if your new.

Btw do hotels like the Oasis Amir also need ID/KTP if you just want a short-time room ??

Bulai69
02-13-08, 23:10
Oasis Amir definitely does not need any form of ID; I suspect that anywhere that does would accept a 20,000 note as appropriate ID anyway...

Mighty Spearsman
02-14-08, 04:18
I've been doing some reading on the internet and this site of course. I have found a report of John A. about Pondok Nirwana. I also found this on an indonesian forum. Hillside a.k.a Bukit Indah Hotel. Jl RA Kartini (Next to Peugeot Lebak Bulus), 750-2628.

Are any of those places close to Sarinah or blok M ?? I do have a car but as you guys know the roads in Jakarta can be pretty difficult if you're new.

Both of these recent posts discuss the same place, the Hillside Hotel, known as Bukit Indah Hotel on my map of Jakarta.

This place is located on the south side of the Outer Ring Road tollway, west of the Fatmawati flyover and east of the intersection of the toll road with Metro Pondok Indah (that area is known as Lebak Bulus).

This place is relatively close in distance from blok M, just head straight down Jalan Fatmawati, drive under the elevated Outer Ring Road and make a right. The problem here is that it's impossible to estimate the travel time; could be 15 minutes with no traffic, could be 45 minutes or more when there's heavy traffic.

This place is nowhere near Sarinah, which is located in the center of downtown, on Jalan Thamrin and just south of MONAS ("Sukarno's last erection")

Menteng
02-14-08, 05:56
I've booked my nights, so if you'd like details on the $50, 5 star, just PM me. Senior members who have contributed to the Indonesia forums only.

When will you arrive, 'mano? Hope to see you before I leave for Colombia.

Jaimito Cartero
02-14-08, 06:39
When will you arrive, 'mano? Hope to see you before I leave for Colombia.

Not until May, unfortunately. Pobre Jaime! :)

Jkt After Dark 2
02-14-08, 10:50
Mighty Spearsman,

I checked-in in this joint maybe 2 years ago. It is actually a "rumah kost" with one or two rooms available for short time. Very very dirty, I don't think the rest of the guys are interested with the quality of the facilities. But, for 100K for short time, this is what you get in South Jakarta (especially in Blok M area). You should get a better deal in West and North of Jakarta like those drive-in motels at the back of Mal Ciputra formerly Citraland (yes, along the river), Mangga Besar and Ancol areas.

JAKARTA AFTER DARK

Wisma Blok M
located directly behind Hotel Melawai II.

If you stand in front of the entrance to Hotel Melawai II's Fadjar Restaurant (located in the back of Hotel Melawai II), this one-story building is located directly across the street, slightly diagonally to your right.

There's a local restaurant in the front, but there are 5-6 rooms in the back that are available short-term; 100,000 rupiah for a room with a shared bathroom across the back courtyard, and 150,000 rupiah for a room with attached bath.

Nothing special, but the rooms are clean and the price is right for a ST shot; it doesn't hurt to know about this option if you're nearby (i.e. Blok M mall) with a girl and you need a ST place.

I'd never heard of this place before this week, and I'd bet most readers here don't know about this place. Only reason I know about it is that I had a session with a girl who used to work at Maribaya Spa but who stopped working there recently because of the lack of business; she told me to meet her in front of Hotel Melawai II, then she walked me over to this place for our session. The employees here definitely knew who she was!

Joel Goodsen
02-14-08, 12:06
.. Btw do hotels like the Oasis Amir also need ID/KTP if you just want a short-time room ??
Mark, certainly hope it isn't my lack of presentation, but the one and only time I checked in the Oasis Amir for a transit room, I had to present an ID and they took a print of my CC.. The rooms are pretty basic, the bathroom especially nothing fancy. Also bringing back girls from the mall, they -de dames- were disappointed not to find any of my personal stuff or travel kit in the room, raising their suspicion. Wasn't sure how to avoid that, so I put the tv on..

Groet.

MarkIII
02-14-08, 13:30
Mark, certainly hope it isn't my lack of presentation, but the one and only time I checked in the Oasis Amir for a transit room, I had to present an ID and they took a print of my CC.. The rooms are pretty basic, the bathroom especially nothing fancy. Also bringing back girls from the mall, they -de dames- were disappointed not to find any of my personal stuff or travel kit in the room, raising their suspicion. Wasn't sure how to avoid that, so I put the tv on..

Groet.

So where could I go for a decent and clean transitroom/shorttime room without they asking for ID etc. in central jkt ?? maybe hotel Maharaja ??

groeten.... ;-)

Mighty Spearsman
02-14-08, 17:42
So where could I go for a decent and clean transitroom/shorttime room without they asking for ID etc. in central jkt ?? maybe hotel Maharaja ??

groeten.... ;-)
Try Hotel Bintang baru, telp : 021 3515533. DC starts from 140 k/per 6 hours.

This place is fairly centrally located and does NOT require an ID, as per a post by our esteemed colleague and senior member, Oyenk.

It also has a "blue movie" channel but I believe that you have to request it when you check in.

Also, try Hotel Malioboro, telp : 021 6347504. Besides having a spa/brothel, this place rents rooms short-term, starting from 180 k/per 6 hour.

This hotel is located on Jl. Gajah Mada, just north of the Harmoni stop for the Transjakarta bus line, very central. It's just over 1 year old and is very clean.

A few months ago Oyenk posted a list of at least 17 places that rent short-term rooms, use the "Search" function to locate that post.

Gonzo Two
02-14-08, 17:46
So where could I go for a decent and clean transitroom/shorttime room without they asking for ID etc. in central jkt ??

Hotel Sentral Jl. Pramuka Raya Kav. 63-64, Jakarta 10570 Tel: (21) 4225511

I honestly don't know if I'd use the word 'decent' in connection with Hotel Sentral, but I suppose it's clean enough. Six hours for - I forget, but it wasn't that much, maybe Rp 150K.

Smoothy
02-14-08, 17:54
Do any Non-Arabs stay at hotel Sentral?

Gonzo Two
02-14-08, 18:34
Do any Non-Arabs stay at hotel Sentral?

Ha! You got me! The girl who introduced me did the Arab circuit mainly. Also showed me some place in Menteng, was it? Tiga Kuda or something like that? Where Saudi Arabians go when they come to Jakarta for a dirty weekend. It was a while back, don't even know if it's still running, but it was quite a scene. Made Deleila look very tame.

Mike Mike
02-15-08, 20:09
Hi dears,

I will be in Jakarta about end of March, I will be stay at " Aryaduta hotel Jakarta ", I like have nice vacation there can yoy help me? Is it in good location to find nice hookers and is it a gf hotel? Can I take my partner into hotel? Do you have any good offer for hotel and location?

Thanks,

Mike

Jaimito Cartero
02-15-08, 20:44
I'm not sure if there are any nights left here now or not. So if no hotel reward nights are showing, all the allotted nights have probably been filled. I'll check into it some more and see if I can find anything.

Bulai69
02-15-08, 21:24
You could also try Ibis - there are several - I've stayed at the one near Sarinah for 280k (all night). No ID required although I didn't need any at Oasis Amir but others have been asked for it. But in that case, why not use the girl's ID?

Mike Mike
02-16-08, 18:43
Many thanks to Bulai and Jaimito

I donot have problem with girl's id but I never had been in indonisia and I am not familier with jakarta, I like to stay in a good location that have fast access to nice girls and hookers and good girlfriendly hotel that I can go inside without problem with my girl. I will be appriciate if you help me more.

Warm regards,

Mike

Tercar 66
02-17-08, 11:13
For Jakarta I managed to get a good rate from Sparks hotel. For airport to hotel transfer only they have quoted 27 USD extra . Is is resonable or I can get a better rate from the airport.

For Bali I have got a good rate from Suji Banglow in Kuta.

Should I go ahead with this 2 hotels, any advise.

Prosal
02-17-08, 11:23
I will be stay at " Aryaduta hotel Jakarta "
Try to book one of the five Deluxe rooms on the pool level.

They all have a small private enclosed terrace and a direct access to the swimming pool and pool area, even at night when it's in theory closed to the public.

Great for a midnight bath, alone or with your conquest (s).

I've stayed in many top hotels in JKT, incl. Grand Hyatt and Mulia which are top notch, yet my most pleasant stays (even if Aryaduta is two clicks behind) have definitely been in those pool-access rooms.

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-08, 12:00
For Jakarta I managed to get a good rate from Sparks hotel. For airport to hotel transfer only they have quoted 27 USD extra . Is is resonable or I can get a better rate from the airport.

What do you consider a good rate at Sparks? I had problems on my stay there, tried to charge me big bucks for new sheets, and things were missing from the mini-bar when I arrived.

Prosal
02-17-08, 12:09
For Jakarta I managed to get a good rate from Sparks hotel.
Don't know what you consider as a good rate, but Novotel Mangga Dua, in the same area, is much better than Sparks and has permanently promotional rates around 450 000 rps.

Mighty Spearsman
02-17-08, 16:38

- cannot comment on the hotel in Bali as I don't know of it, hopefully someone from Bali (Prof Designer? Dom? Lama?) will respond

- what exactly is your "good" rate at Sparks? you didn't say, so I can't comment. Check out Prosal's post below about the Novotel Mangga Dua, which if nothing else has a cute front desk receptionist named Naomi working there

- the US $ 27 rate for airport to hotel transfer is about double what you should have to pay. Instead, clear immigration/customs and walk outside the terminal and look/ask for either a Silver Bird or a Blue Bird taxi. They are owned by the same company, the Silver Bird costs about 20 per cent more but is a bigger/nicer car (the new ones are Mercedes) and the driver usually speaks some English. The Silver Bird rate should be 90,000 rupiah on the meter, plus 11,000 rupiah for the toll road and an airport surcharge of 8,000 to 10,000 rupiah. Throw in a small tip and you're up to around $13 or less.

Bulai69
02-17-08, 22:04
I have never had a problem taking any girl into any hotel since I first went to Jakarta 15 years ago. I have stayed at all the top hotels there - including Aryaduta, which is handy for Atrium Mall (see postings). In the very unlikely event of being challenged by a doorman/security just offer them 20k rupiah (50k absolute maximum) and you will be able to walk in with anybody or anything. Girls entering or leaving hotels, on the other hand, will almost always be challenged especially if they are known hookers. This will be dealt with by either calling you in your room (if they know your name/number) or by the girl handing over some cash.

John Aldrich
02-18-08, 15:53
I have never had a problem taking any girl into any hotel since I first went to Jakarta 15 years ago. I have stayed at all the top hotels there - including Aryaduta, which is handy for Atrium Mall (see postings). In the very unlikely event of being challenged by a doorman/security just offer them 20k rupiah (50k absolute maximum) and you will be able to walk in with anybody or anything. Girls entering or leaving hotels, on the other hand, will almost always be challenged especially if they are known hookers. This will be dealt with by either calling you in your room (if they know your name/number) or by the girl handing over some cash.

In fact most top hotels have a night club/Pub from where you can pick up a girl. Aryaduta has Tavern Pub, Ritz has Mistere, Meridien has 30+, ShangriLa has BATS, Mulia has CJ's, Crown Plaza has Retro. So just have fun.

Cheers

Mike Mike
02-18-08, 20:40
Hi,

Thanks for your good information, I checked Aryaduta in 2 site the price was very defferent about 55$ and about 72$ which one is currect? How can I have best price for Aryaduta superior?

Mike

Tercar 66
02-19-08, 11:27
sparks offered me USD 57 for Delux room with breakfast for 2. It this rate okay?

They told me that BATS and Block M are within 10 KMS.

But thru these post and PM's I can see that there is a lot available in that hotel and nearby .

John Marigold99
02-19-08, 14:22
Thanks for your good information, I checked Aryaduta in 2 site the price was very defferent about 55$ and about 72$ which one is currect? How can I have best price for Aryaduta superior?

Returning to Jakarta in early March after a 4 year hiatus. Can't wait to return to the loveliest girls on the planet. I met a very cute professional girl (22 yo) on yahoo a few years ago and will finally get to meet her. When we first met, she had never even kissed a guy. Now her boss hit on her, but they only kissed and he fondled her a bit, but she recently dumped him. Anyways, we can't wait to meet... should be interesting. I will certainly post often during my visit.

I never considered Aryaduta hotel and never realized it was in the Blok M area. Can someone tell me how convenient it is to either of the malls (Pasaraya or Block M mall/plaza near Ambhara hotel)? I know that walking around certain areas of Block M can be challenging with traffic and perhaps dangerous at night. I looked at the map on the website, but I just don't know the street names all that well as I have always just told the silverbird and bluebird taxis where to take me. Also, can anyone compare Ambhara with Aryaduta? My own experience with Ambhara is mixed. I found it expensive and also thought the staff there was not very nice at times. The rooms are small and not particularly quiet (especially with foot traffic in the room above you). However, the location is A+++ with Jalan Paletehan close by.

I am also curious where you found the $55 rate. I would imagine that it did not include breakfast. The additional price for adding breakfast onto the basic room rate listed on their website seemed very high. Is there a good way to get a better rate on that?

Sorry to have asked so many questions when I haven't contributed to the Jkt board, but I promise to make noteworthy contributions this time. I also hope I run into a few of you at the pool tables in Top Gun.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

John Aldrich
02-19-08, 17:55
sparks offered me USD 57 for Delux room with breakfast for 2. It this rate okay?

They told me that BATS and Block M are within 10 KMS.

But thru these post and PM's I can see that there is a lot available in that hotel and nearby .

Just go to www.bobobobo.com and send them a mail for aryaduta at Jl. Prapatan. Last time I got it for 300K with breakfast and late check out. Or try Le Meridien through the same website and you will get a room with breakfast for 685K.

Cheers

Sapperken
02-19-08, 18:31
I've not been around much for the last few months but I'll be back in the Big Durian in a month so I'm revisiting the board and RTFF before I get there.

In the interests of comparison and hoping I hadn't been ripped off, I looked on Bobobobo to check the price for the 4 nights I am staying at Mercure Rekso in March. Bobobobo quote 495krp for the lowest room rate and fortunately I've booked at 440krp per night. not a huge difference but it'll cover the 1 tip per day at Kartika :-). I'm not sure what room standard I booked.

I booked through www.hrs.com. Has done me fine over the years with accommodation all over the place.

BTW arriving PM on 19/03/08 departing pm 23/03/08 if anyone wants to hook up.

SK

Sapperken
02-19-08, 18:37
I like to try a few words in Bahasa when in town so I'm aware of the usual 'ch' pronunciation of the letter c. Left to my own devices I'd probably be saying the name of my hotel - Mercure Rekso - in the European manner i.e. with a hard 'k' sound in the middle. Is there any body familar with the hotel who can tell me the proper way?

Thanks

SK

1Ball
02-19-08, 18:43
Sapperken, you pronounce Mercure indeed as if it were spelt with a "k".

Robert Long
02-19-08, 19:58
- cannot comment on the hotel in Bali as I don't know of it, hopefully someone from Bali (Prof Designer? Dom? Lama?) will respond

- what exactly is your "good" rate at Sparks? you didn't say, so I can't comment. Check out Prosal's post below about the Novotel Mangga Dua, which if nothing else has a cute front desk receptionist named Naomi working there

- the US $ 27 rate for airport to hotel transfer is about double what you should have to pay. Instead, clear immigration/customs and walk outside the terminal and look/ask for either a Silver Bird or a Blue Bird taxi. They are owned by the same company, the Silver Bird costs about 20 per cent more but is a bigger/nicer car (the new ones are Mercedes) and the driver usually speaks some English. The Silver Bird rate should be 90,000 rupiah on the meter, plus 11,000 rupiah for the toll road and an airport surcharge of 8,000 to 10,000 rupiah. Throw in a small tip and you're up to around $13 or less.

A really tight budget....look for the bus to Gambir Station. AC and only 15 ribu...$1.65. It will pull up right in front of the exit door where you collect your bags.
When you get to Gambir Station, central JKT. There are many Taxi and other forms of transportation to take you to your hotel.
RL

XXL
02-19-08, 20:21
Sapperken, you pronounce Mercure indeed as if it were spelt with a "k".Plus with a "i" at the end, like "merkuri", in fact not unlike the planet Mercury, except with a weaker stress on the first syllable. "Rekso" is essential for there are more than one.

440krp is a good price for only 4 nights. The airport pick-up of Mercure Rekso is reliable, priced at 150000 if I remember right.

El Greco
02-20-08, 02:57
i've not been around much for the last few months but i'll be back in the big durian in a month so i'm revisiting the board and rtff before i get there.

in the interests of comparison and hoping i hadn't been ripped off, i looked on bobobobo to check the price for the 4 nights i am staying at mercure rekso in march. bobobobo quote 495krp for the lowest room rate and fortunately i've booked at 440krp per night. not a huge difference but it'll cover the 1 tip per day at kartika :-). i'm not sure what room standard i booked.

i booked through www.hrs.com. has done me fine over the years with accommodation all over the place.

btw arriving pm on 19/03/08 departing pm 23/03/08 if anyone wants to hook up.

sk

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/mer/2013/fiche_hotel.shtml

i always book accor hotels directly. give them a mobile number and you get instant confirmation by sms. within a minute usually.

the rate you got is the no cancellation no refund one.

i usually book the next higher one for my first night. once there i book, through internet, the lowest one for my remaining stay. you can even do it on a daily basis. provided they are not fully booked of course.

haven't been there for ages and i am thinking of a stop on my way to manila later on. maybe via batam too.

have a nice time there.

my two rupees.

el greco

John Marigold99
02-20-08, 03:33
Just go to www.bobobobo.com and send them a mail for aryaduta at Jl. Prapatan. Last time I got it for 300K with breakfast and late check out. Or try Le Meridien through the same website and you will get a room with breakfast for 685K.

CheersJohn,

Can a bule get these low rates, or are they reserved for indonesian citizens?

Thanks,

JM

KL Guy
02-20-08, 11:20
Under normal circumstances a bule is not allowed to get these low rates, there are ways of getting around it and it has been discussed before in the forum!

KL Guy

John,

Thanks,

JM

The Exile
02-20-08, 15:16
The Sultan is a very nice hotel. The massage/spa is not a bad last-resort option, but as I found out two nights later, Jakarta has much more to offer. It was unsettling that the masseuse started her opening bid at $200. (We wrote the numbers/price on paper, BTW.) My bargaining experience over many years in many places tells me that she was looking for about $100 and I felt like I was paying too much at $50. That is a big gap in expectations. And maybe why I got only mechanical service.

Very nice report. I have stayed in many 5-star hotels in Jakarta, and I will confess that I find the massage girls in the Sultan to be the best. Extras in good hotels are always overpriced. You are paying for the convenience, always nice when you're tired after a long trip.

A good massage/sex combo is worth a lot - more than either experience separately. Ideally, the girl is beautiful, gives a great massage, and is a good fuck. And doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Rarely do you get all in one. If the girl is pretty, you get a bad massage and mechanical sex. Often, an older girl in her 30s is not as visually exciting, but gives great massage and fabulous sex.

Fortune Spa, near the Meridien hotel, has provided the best overall combo in my experience. But in hotels, I've had the best luck at the Sultan. The massages have always been excellent with plenty of welcome "inappropriate touching." A great place when too tired to go out and hunt, or if you have to get up early the next day and work.

Quoted prices are often 1-2 million Rp. I have never been able to get the price below 800,00 Rp, for a total of 1 million with the price of the massage included. But I haven't ever regretted it either. One girl wouldn't give up when I had trouble popping off. After unsuccessful humping and blow jobs, she finished me off with a hand job and a finger up my arse. And she wouldn't take extra cash. My last experience was with a 20-year old girl. No kissing, but a first-class massage, a nice snapper and great tits. She said the money was for her mother and brother.

It does help to speak the language. I have sometimes pretended to negotiate with my own hand for a HJ, which always makes the girl laugh and lowers the price. Another good line is to claim you are going to meet your girlfriend at CJs later, and don't want to disappoint her. But my guess is that if you're stubborn enough you can get the price down further.

Massage girls in hotels are always a hit-or-miss affair. Worst case, you get a nice massage. You can always go to CJs, BATS or Tiga Puluh if you have the energy. Or just bargain with your right hand!

John Aldrich
02-20-08, 17:29
John,

Thanks,

JM

In the past you needed to be domiciled in Indonesia, I guess. They used to ask for payment through BCA ATM. Since am a KITAS holder, I have been able to get the rates.

But now they have started charging though credit card, so I guess anyone can get it. Race, Creed, religion, Sex does not matter anymore I guess. You can log into the website and check it out.

Cheers

KL Guy
02-20-08, 18:06
I've mentioned this before and I believe some people are not aware that some hotels will ask for a valid local ID if you're using the local vouchers but I may be wrong in this case but I've seen with my own my eyes some non Indonesians having problem to check in with local rate vouchers as they produced thier passport instead of a local valid ID!

Better safe than sorry! No point being penny wise but pound foolish!

KL Guy

In the past you needed to be domiciled in Indonesia, I guess. They used to ask for payment through BCA ATM. Since am a KITAS holder, I have been able to get the rates.

But now they have started charging though credit card, so I guess anyone can get it. Race, Creed, religion, Sex does not matter anymore I guess. You can log into the website and check it out.

Cheers

Bulai69
02-20-08, 21:30
You say "I never considered Aryaduta hotel and never realized it was in the Blok M area.": you may have mis-read something because it isn't near Blok M. Aryaduta is in the north and Blok M is south - not long by busway I suspect and maybe 30 mins by taxi at quiet times (i.e. middle of the night!) Aryaduta isn't all that handy for anything except maybe Kota and Atrium Mall. There is a night club in the basement which used to be OK a long time ago but I think it's pretty hopeless now; it certainly was when I last went there maybe two years ago and I doubt it's improved. The hotel itself is pretty good if you can cope with the location.

Sapperken
02-20-08, 23:51
Plus with a "i" at the end, like "merkuri", in fact not unlike the planet Mercury, except with a weaker stress on the first syllable. "Rekso" is essential for there are more than one.

440krp is a good price for only 4 nights. The airport pick-up of Mercure Rekso is reliable, priced at 150000 if I remember right.

Thanks XXL and 1Ball.

SK

Fast Eddie 48
02-20-08, 23:52
Any one stay at the Hotel travel or Olympic hotel near the Loposari plaza?

Any good or bad experience and cost for the room.

Fast eddie 48

John Marigold99
02-20-08, 23:52
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I realized after my post that I wrote the wrong hotel name. I meant to write the Gran Mahakam in Blok M, not Aryaduta. Anyways I RTFF and found some posts that suggest that it is not as conveniently located as Hotel Ambhara, so I have ruled it out. Ambhara is not the greatest hotel, but it is convenient for jalan paletehan and of course for all the take-out girls in the food court at pasaraya.

You say "I never considered Aryaduta hotel and never realized it was in the Blok M area.": you may have mis-read something because it isn't near Blok M. Aryaduta is in the north and Blok M is south - not long by busway I suspect and maybe 30 mins by taxi at quiet times (i.e. middle of the night!) Aryaduta isn't all that handy for anything except maybe Kota and Atrium Mall. There is a night club in the basement which used to be OK a long time ago but I think it's pretty hopeless now; it certainly was when I last went there maybe two years ago and I doubt it's improved. The hotel itself is pretty good if you can cope with the location.

Bumz Rush
02-21-08, 15:57
The receptionist aske me as I changed 100$ at 2am, was I going out. !

The answer was YES, and he smiled. Good luck. He joked.

Off to Shangri La, picked up a take away, with in 5 mins, (after all I don't drink), back to Marriott. Made to feel welcome by hotel.

My travelling companion had a student take away, stayed all night, for the same price 100$.

He wone.

Next night over the road to Ritz Carlton, I stayed in to watch TV, he picked up, and was back with in 30 mins. After all it is a 5 min walk.

I was bored, so went over the square to the Mall, and at it was 10am, closed, but was made an offer that I actually refused. (not wishing to buy, just window shopping.)

Rate seems to be slightly high, but the $ is very strong.

Bumz

Ekspat
02-22-08, 02:26
My travelling companion had a student take away, stayed all night, for the same price 100$.

Be ready to get grilled for that....
:D

Mighty Spearsman
02-22-08, 16:51
The receptionist aske me as I changed 100$ at 2am, was I going out. !

The answer was YES, and he smiled. Good luck. He joked.

Off to Shangri La, picked up a take away, with in 5 mins, (after all I don't drink), back to Marriott. Made to feel welcome by hotel.

He wone.

Next night over the road to Ritz Carlton, I stayed in to watch TV, he picked up, and was back with in 30 mins. After all it is a 5 min walk.

I was bored, so went over the square to the Mall, and at it was 10am, closed, but was made an offer that I actually refused. (not wishing to buy, just window shopping.)

Rate seems to be slightly high, but the $ is very strong.

Bumz
As of right now, you are a regular member with 21 posts, so surely you must know the meaning of the initials "RTFF"

Please, please read the forum first the next time you decide to go out; if you had, you and your travelling companion could have saved at least 50 per cent of the $100 you spent each time you got laid.

And I am confused by your statement "the $ is very strong" - when exactly were you here? The $ has been relatively steady against the Indonesian rupiah recently, but is weaker than it was three years ago, and worldwide the dollar has been slipping the last several months against most currencies, especially the Euro and the UK pound sterling.

Ekspat
02-23-08, 05:29
And I am confused by your statement "the $ is very strong" - when exactly were you here?
Maybe he's talking about Singapore-Dollar?
Cheers!

Berguling Lagi
02-23-08, 06:33
Very nice report. I have stayed in many 5-star hotels in Jakarta, and I will confess that I find the massage girls in the Sultan to be the best. Extras in good hotels are always overpriced. You are paying for the convenience, always nice when you're tired after a long trip.Until I read your report I would never have considered trying the Sultan Spa/gym for a massage simply because I assumed either there would be no extras to be had or if there was that they would be way overpriced. However, you made me curious so I decided to go there to give my negotiating skills a workout. The massage time seemed to be a standard 50 minutes for which I paid Rp195,000 at the front desk. I was taken to a very nice private room and after a few minutes the masseuse arrived. Pretty face, very friendly but too plump for me to be interested in anything but a HJ. She had velvet hands which 'wandered off course' very quickly and after 10 minutes she started inviting me to have extras. I offered Rp100k for HJ but she wanted Rp800k. After that the negotiation was tough. I used every trick in the book such as 'I am meeting my girl friend later' but only managed to get the price down to Rp 300k. Was an excellent HJ but I still wouldn't repeat the expereince for that price given all the other choices in Jakarta. However for the challenge it was worth doing once.

Joel Goodsen
04-09-08, 08:54
maybe some good news.. www.bobobobo.com now accepts on-line payment using CC, however it seems they have increased their prices... they don't look to be the cheapest in the market anymore, or at least for the two hotels i was looking for -their prices are now appr. 50 USD per nite more expensive compared to the prices quoted by jakarta hotels.

Ekspat
04-09-08, 09:37
their prices are now appr. 50 USD per nite more expensive compared to the prices quoted by jakarta hotels.
Yeah, I've compared for Borobudur. The Junior Suite is 1.3juta (Bobo) compared with 0.9juta++ quoted by the hotel.
But I don't know whether Bobo quotes nett or ++.
Better contact your hotel directly.

Cheers!

Joel Goodsen
04-10-08, 09:03
there's a small line item on the page: "Harga untuk .. malam" -jelas kan? but I overlooked it last night.. mm, the matrix they use calculates immediately the total amount for the period selected, not just the price per night as many other sites do.. I wasn't prepared for that much intelligence -so maybe still the best discounted? cheers.

Mighty Spearsman
04-27-08, 05:20
Flew from Bali into Jakarta on Garuda (Terminal 2) on Friday afternoon after a business trip. As always, I had to wait a long time for my baggage to arrive, so I stopped by the "Hotel Reservations" counter that's next to the baggage belts. Note: this counter is different than the KAHA reservation desk that you pass by after you clear customs.

Scribbled down the following prices:

A) Lower-priced hotels that are mentioned frequently here:

in Kota area
Mercure Rekso (walking distance to Stadium, Kartika and 5 minutes to TC and Hotel Travel) = USD $58 per night

in Blok M area
Ambhara (across from Transjakarta bus terminal) = 680,000 rupiah per night
Melawai I (Maribaya Spa is located here on 6th floor) = 310,000 rupiah
Melawai II (across street from MI, slightly nicer rooms) = 350,000 rupiah

near Atrium Mall
Aston Atrium (a bit of a dump but a good location for mall-hunting at Atrium Mall) = 665,000 rupiah with breakfast, 630,000 rupiah with no breakfast, prices appear to be negotiable downwards, short-time prices are much lower
Oasis Amir = 400,000 rupiah with breakfast, 355,000 rupiah with no breakfast

B) Slightly higher priced or nicer facilities:

Atlet Century (near Plaza Senayan, not far from CJ's) = 560,000 rupiah
Sultan Hotel (old Hilton hotel, very low price for a nice hotel) = 640,000 rupiah with breakfast
Mulia (home of CJ's bar/disco) = USD $133 for single, $148 for double
Meridien (home of Tiga Puluh bar/disco) = USD $87 for single, $98 for double
Marriott (nice hotel) = USD $144 for single, $156 for double
Shangri-La (home of BATS) = USD $168

Jaimito Cartero
04-27-08, 08:02
The Astin Atrium is a bit of a dump. Not in the same class as the Ambhara at all. I used to regularly get the Astin for 280-350k.

Mighty Spearsman
04-28-08, 04:01
The Astin Atrium is a bit of a dump. Not in the same class as the Ambhara at all. I used to regularly get the Astin for 280-350k.
Thanks for the feedback! I was able to edit my post to include your useful information (I personally have never stayed at the Aston Atrium)

Jaimito Cartero
04-28-08, 18:00
Thanks for the feedback! I was able to edit my post to include your useful information (I personally have never stayed at the Aston Atrium)

Well the Aston is nicer than the Oasis Amir, but not by too much. The Aston is fine for mall hunting, but not much more. I don't think I'd pay more than 400k for either one. I think I paid 600-650k for the Ambhara when I stayed there 2-3 years ago. Of course, given some other deals out there, I don't know that I'd stay at the Ambhara, either.

I know it is important to check out all the prices vs. Kaha, as 90% of the time they had the best price.

Oyenk
04-29-08, 16:02
I add...

- Hotel Olympic (Lokasari area), a three star hotel...rate for Standard room around 250,000 Rupiahs/30 USD (excl. breakfast). Find the telp numbers in yellow pages, I lost them.
Also has Spa...but I don't recommend the spa.

- Hotel Royal Regal, Located in JL. Mangga Besar VIII (near hotel Travel)...this hotel is also new place and a three star hotel (I think)...Rate for Standard room around 300,000 Rupiahs/35 USD (excl. breakfast). find the telp numbers in yellow pages.

I've never been to hotel Royal Regal, but some friend of mine said it's better than hotel Olympic (price also different hehehe !).

Hotel Malioboro (Jl. Gajahmada) is also a good choice !

cheers.

Vahaza Be
04-30-08, 01:27
I will be working near the Republika newspaper in Jakarta Selatan. Can you please recommend some hotels in that unfamilair region (I usually stay in Menteng). Grand Flora? Harris Tebet?

Any action nearby?

thanks,
V_be

Oyenk
04-30-08, 18:18
I will be working near the Republika newspaper in Jakarta Selatan. Can you please recommend some hotels in that unfamilair region (I usually stay in Menteng). Grand Flora? Harris Tebet?

Any action nearby?

thanks,
V_be
Hi V_Be...

Republica newspaper is in Jl. Warung Buncit raya - South Jakarta...please check this link and see hotel Maharaja and Maharani.

in that street there are two hotel I recommend: Maharaja and Maharani.
Standart room around 350,000 rupiahs perday without breakfast.

* Grand Flora is a good choice too and near hotspot to midnight live in Kemang area. This hotel is also near Republica. I have no idea about the rate.

* Harris Tebet is new and good hotel and near hotspot to HJ spa in tebet (brows posts by FieldMouse bro...He has some reports about HJ spa in Tebet). Rate standart room around 400,000 - 500,000 rupiahs perday.

Cheers.

Vahaza Be
04-30-08, 18:22
Hi V_Be...

Republica newspaper is in Jl. Warung Buncit raya - South Jakarta...please check this link and see hotel Maharaja and Maharani.

in that street there are two hotel I recommend: Maharaja and Maharani.
Standart room around 350,000 rupiahs perday without breakfast.

* Grand Flora is a good choice too and near hotspot to midnight live in Kemang area. This hotel is also near Republica. I have no idea about the rate.

* Harris Tebet is new and good hotel and near hotspot to HJ spa in tebet (brows posts by FieldMouse bro...He has some reports about HJ spa in Tebet). Rate standart room around 400,000 - 500,000 rupiahs perday.

Cheers.
Many thanks, as usual!
regards,
V-be

Oyenk
04-30-08, 18:45
I add...

- Hotel Olympic (Lokasari area), a three star hotel...rate for Standard room around 250,000 Rupiahs/30 USD (excl. breakfast). Find the telp numbers in yellow pages, I lost them.
Also has Spa...but I don't recommend the spa.

- Hotel Royal Regal, Located in JL. Mangga Besar VIII (near hotel Travel)...this hotel is also new place and a three star hotel (I think)...Rate for Standard room around 300,000 Rupiahs/35 USD (excl. breakfast). find the telp numbers in yellow pages.

I've never been to hotel Royal Regal, but some friend of mine said it's better than hotel Olympic (price also different hehehe !).

Hotel Malioboro (Jl. Gajahmada) is also a good choice !

cheers.
I add others hotel...

- Hotel Astika, Jl. Mangga besar raya...telp 021 6241188. Clean and also good for traveller. Rate for standart room around 210,000 rupiahs...but I suggest you to choose Superior room (around 260,000 rupiahs) because STD room is too small.

- Hotel Peninsula, Jl. Mangga besar raya...telp 021 6260368. Clean and good, Rate STD room around 250,000 rupiahs...half of the building has been renovated (and this hotel near to Oasis Spa).
* all rates without breakfast.

Both hotels above I have stayed many times and I give recommendation if you wish to stay in hotel which is cheap, clean and also good service (less than a three star hotel) in Mangga besar area and near to all hotspot in Mangga besar.
Both also located right in front of Lokasari Plasa's entrance.

cheers.

Oyenk
04-30-08, 18:45
Many thanks, as usual!
regards,
V-be
You're welcome Vahaza Be bro...

enjoy JKT !

Traveler1234
04-30-08, 18:46

I stayed in one of their suites about 2 yrs ago when it first opened. Room was ok, at that time cost me under US$100 for the suite.

It's on Kemeng Raya, opp Duty Free. Kemang Raya (north and south of hotel) is chock full of good restaurants, bars, clubs. But still need taxi to get to Blok M

Unfortunately at my age, bar and club scene too fast for me...LOL
But the restaurants - including one Italian and one local Indonesian food - superb.

I was in town for only 48 hrs that visit to attend funeral so can't give you much info on action 'nearby'.

Oyenk
04-30-08, 18:54
I stayed in one of their suites about 2 yrs ago when it first opened. Room was ok, at that time cost me under US$100 for the suite.

It's on Kemeng Raya, opp Duty Free. Kemang Raya (north and south of hotel) is chock full of good restaurants, bars, clubs. But still need taxi to get to Blok M

Unfortunately at my age, bar and club scene too fast for me...LOL
But the restaurants - including one Italian and one local Indonesian food - superb.

I was in town for only 48 hrs that visit to attend funeral so can't give you much info on action 'nearby'.
Thanks Traveller1234...

Yes you're right. Kemang raya is another expat area (mostly western) in south JKT...bar, discoteque, club others...but I didn't see any bordell bar just like Jl. Faletehan.

Anyway we all are young generation to gals...or what ? hahahaha...

cheers.

Vahaza Be
05-01-08, 01:20
Thanks again to all.
Harris Tebet Hotel looks good with decent rates (50ish$). Gran Flora is ~$85/night now via the internet.
Can't find out much about Hotel Maharaja? Any info?

Traveler1234
05-01-08, 14:33
Thanks Traveller1234...

Yes you're right. Kemang raya is another expat area (mostly western) in south JKT...bar, discoteque, club others...but I didn't see any bordell bar just like Jl. Faletehan.

I know Kemang is VERY expat (i lived further south at labak bulis raya from 1990-93) but i thought most of the clubs/bars include many locals, especially chinese indonesians?

Oyenk
05-02-08, 10:22
I know Kemang is VERY expat (i lived further south at labak bulis raya from 1990-93) but i thought most of the clubs/bars include many locals, especially chinese indonesians?
It was suppoused to be Lebak Bulus Raya, and i think local chinese population around 5 % in Kemang area (as guests).

"BedRoom" discoteque is a good recommendation to find gals. "Nu China" discoteque is also good and most of the guest are young.
In my opinion not all of the gals are freelance, some of them are from high class society...they come there not to find money from expat but to enjoy life.
But some gals offer themself to find money !

Different with Jl. Faletehan (most of them are freelance gals).

Just my humble opinions...

Oyenk
05-02-08, 10:44
I add others hotel...

- Hotel Astika, Jl. Mangga besar raya...telp 021 6241188. Clean and also good for traveller. Rate for standart room around 210,000 rupiahs...but I suggest you to choose Superior room (around 260,000 rupiahs) because STD room is too small.

- Hotel Peninsula, Jl. Mangga besar raya...telp 021 6260368. Clean and good, Rate STD room around 250,000 rupiahs...half of the building has been renovated (and this hotel near to Oasis Spa).
* all rates without breakfast.

Both hotels above I have stayed many times and I give recommendation if you wish to stay in hotel which is cheap, clean and also good service (less than a three star hotel) in Mangga besar area and near to all hotspot in Mangga besar.
Both also located right in front of Lokasari Plasa's entrance.

cheers.
I add other hotel but located in Central JKT, Near PasarBaru...

Hotel Golden Boutique,

Jl. Angkasa No.1
Jakarta
Telp. 021-6255555

I found the address in bobobobo.com, and I saw their superior room around 400,000 rupiahs...45 USD. And it is a four star hotel.

This hotel is also closed to some hotspot, such as Classic spa, Puri sehat spa, and around 3-4 kilometres to Atrium Senen.

cheers.

Oyenk
05-02-08, 10:51
near Atrium Mall
Aston Atrium (a bit of a dump but a good location for mall-hunting at Atrium Mall) = 665,000 rupiah with breakfast, 630,000 rupiah with no breakfast, prices appear to be negotiable downwards, short-time prices are much lower
Oasis Amir = 400,000 rupiah with breakfast, 355,000 rupiah with no breakfast

I add other hotel in this area...

Hotel The Acacia,
Jl. Kramat Raya No 73 - 81
Jakarta
Telp. 021-3903030

I found also in bobobobo.com, a four star hotel with rate 507,000 rupiahs / 55 USD for deluxe room.

anyway you should use cabservice to atrium senen or use bus service...cab service I think around 10,000- 20,000 rupiahs (2-3 USD) to Atrium senen, very closed to Atrium around 2 kilometres.

cheers.

Samchad
05-02-08, 14:30
Hi,

I tried searching for info on Grand Kemang hotel in this thread but could not find anything. I did find out that the hotel is about a 10 min taxi ride to Pasaraya shoppping.

Can somebody kindly post some information about massage places and shopping near to this hotel? I much appreciate your help.

Traveler1234
05-02-08, 17:16
It was suppoused to be Lebak Bulus Raya, and i think local chinese population around 5 % in Kemang area (as guests).

OK, I can't spell...;)

LOL

Mighty Spearsman
05-03-08, 02:36
Hi,

I tried searching for info on Grand Kemang hotel in this thread but could not find anything. I did find out that the hotel is about a 10 min taxi ride to Pasaraya shoppping.

Can somebody kindly post some information about massage places and shopping near to this hotel? I much appreciate your help.
A 10 minute taxi ride to Pasaraya (Blok M) also means a 10 minute ride to the Maribaya Spa on the 6th floor of Hotel Melawai, one of the better f-shops in town. Also, a 10 minute taxi ride to the famous street at Blok M where one can find Top Gun, My Bar and other pick-up bars.

The Blok M mall seems to be a good place for mall-hunting as well, especially late afternoons/very early evenings. Try near the cinema.

Also at Blok M is the famous Bali Hai Bar, a truly low end place where you can receive a bj right at the bar!

In the opposite direction, there's Cleopatra Massage for a true legitimate massage and HJ (not sure if anything else is available). This place was even discussed in a recent "Metro Mad" column of the Sunday Jakarta Post newspaper, the columnist had an interesting session with a girl named 'Sisca.'

You could probably get "room service" sex right inside the Grand Kemang itself. Several years ago I stayed there and discovered that there were a couple of girls who hung around the place, often on the second floor landing, who would offer to come to your room for a massage plus-plus. I recently stopped by during the daytime one week day and was approached by a 35-ish woman at the beauty salon just off the lobby, who offered to come up to my room.

Joel Goodsen
05-05-08, 12:39
Gran Flora is ~$85/night now via the internet.
Grand Flora is a nice boutique hotel in Kemang, a much nicer area than Mampang, where Maharaja is -also provides for much better access to blok M and along Kemang raya there are some very nice resto's, check out Payon>

Stayed in Maharaja on recommendation some three years back, didn't like it too much, but always remember, as it holds my PR on total number of fucks in one week. Traffic in Mampang is pretty bad and the rooms are a basic.. no in-room safes, no swimming pool, etc. but that may have changed.

Some nice things: Maharaja is great for Indonesian food, it's a popular hotel for Indonesian businessmen that seem to know how to source pretty women, and friendly, pro-active staff. Friendly and pro-active... when travelling alone I doubt they would let you alone for very long, but if they would do, make some indirect enquiries, they'll tee you up in no-time I'd think, cheers.

Oyenk
05-06-08, 11:41
I kept trying to find my old pictures (2-3 years ago) with my ex gf, we usually checked-in Maharaja transit time, those pictures showed the interior inside Maharaja...Sorry couldn't help you more.

@ Joel Goodsen bro; thanks for describing it.

cheers.

Vahaza Be
05-06-08, 13:13
I kept trying to find my old pictures (2-3 years ago) with my ex gf, we usually checked-in Maharaja transit time, those pictures showed the interior inside Maharaja...Sorry couldn't help you more.

@ Joel Goodsen bro; thanks for describing it.

cheers.

Thanks Joel and Oyenk. The helpful information provided here never ceases to amaze me!

Oyenk
05-13-08, 19:32
Thanks Joel and Oyenk. The helpful information provided here never ceases to amaze me!
Gotcha ! found them bro...but only three.

Hotel Maharadja (South Jakarta), Jl. Warung Buncit Raya - South Jakarta, telp : 021 79180044. DC starts from 170 k/per 8 hours.

first and second attachments show Maharaja transit hour (please don't see the girl...it's my ex GF hiks hiks...wakakak !), transit hour uses superior room in Maharaja. third attachment is extra for all of you wakakakak !

Superior room is around 400,000 rupiahs in Maharaja hotel.

cheers...

Mighty Spearsman
05-14-08, 01:20
gotcha ! found them bro...but only three.

hotel maharadja (south jakarta), jl. warung buncit raya - south jakarta, telp : 021 79180044. dc starts from 170 k/per 8 hours.

first and second attachments show maharaja transit hour (please don't see the girl...it's my ex gf hiks hiks...wakakak !), transit hour uses superior room in maharaja. third attachment is extra for all of you wakakakak !

superior room is around 400,000 rupiahs in maharaja hotel.

cheers...
photo #1 could serve as a poster for jakarta fl girls - a young lovely, draped only in a towel after a nice fs session, talking on one cell phone while checking her sms text messages on another phone :d

Vahaza Be
05-14-08, 12:55

Hotel Maharadja (South Jakarta), Jl. Warung Buncit Raya - South Jakarta, telp : 021 79180044. DC starts from 170 k/per 8 hours.

first and second attachments show Maharaja transit hour (please don't see the girl...it's my ex GF hiks hiks...wakakak !), transit hour uses superior room in Maharaja. third attachment is extra for all of you wakakakak !

cheers...
Many thanks brother Oyenk!

Oyenk
05-15-08, 10:14
"Nu China" discoteque is also good and most of the guest are young.

Just my humble opinions...
I think Nu China is Bar and Pub, the discoteque is in the second floor of the building and the name is..."Second Floor" discoteque.

sorry if my knowledge is not good enough for south JKT.

enjoy South JKT !

Barson
05-15-08, 17:30

cheers...Hi there,

The Maharadja hotel, went passed the other day and a quick look from the road. Doesn't look very confort from the outside. Just wonder if this the one with Massage and Spa sort of place or just a transit place? Info please. Not far fromwhere I stay. Oh, is this place foreigner friendly?

Thanks mate

Oyenk
05-16-08, 10:23
Hi there,

Just wonder if this the one with Massage and Spa sort of place or just a transit place? Info please.

Oh, is this place foreigner friendly?

Thanks mate
Hi...

Only transit I think, no idea about massage and spa...never tried. In my opinion they have massage service.

Foreigner friendly ? hmmm...South JKT is expat area (Blok M, Faletehan and Kemang)...and Transit hour itself is for adult. Judge by your own descriptions.

cheers.

Oyenk
05-16-08, 19:37
I think this hotel is near to some hot spots in South/Central Jakarta, let's say...walking distance to Jaspa mall ambassador, about 4 kilometres to Fortune Spa, Delta Gatotsubroto, some hot spots HJ spa in Tebet such as; Devana, Rest n Relax, Unique, Edelweis. Maybe 6 kilometres to Kemang area.

Also located in Casablanca - Kuningan area, not far from Setiabudi building II (many good restaurant here)....last thing; near to some embassy such as: Australian embassy, Dutch, Singapore, Malaysian etc.

Grand opening in mid 2006.

Address:

Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio, Kuningan
Jakarta
Telp. 021-30040888

here is the web...found it in bobobobo.com

http://www.hotel-manhattan.com

cheers.

Oyenk
05-16-08, 19:44
See my post before about Manhattan hotel, this Gran Melia also has the same position to some hot spots I mentioned in my post about Manhattan hotel. Located right in front of Dutch embassy (If I am not mistaken).

Address;
Jl. H.R Rasuna Said Kav. X-0
Kuningan
Jakarta
Telp. 021-5268080

The web...I found it also in bobobobo.com

http://www.granmeliajakarta.com

cheers...

Member #3088
05-17-08, 02:00
Hi there,

The Maharadja hotel, went passed the other day and a quick look from the road. Doesn't look very confort from the outside. Just wonder if this the one with Massage and Spa sort of place or just a transit place? Info please. Not far fromwhere I stay. Oh, is this place foreigner friendly?

Thanks mateI've used this hotel perhaps 6 or 7 times over the past year. Always clean, friendly, and the staff don't harass the girls. It is not primarily a transit hotel. In fact, for about half of my visits the transit rates were not available, so I have to rent the room for the night. Not that much difference in price, so doesn't really matter. For one visit, all rooms were full (government meeting), so we had to go elsewhere.

As for foreigner friendly--they've always been friendly to this bule, at least. Never seen other foreigners there, though.

There is a spa and massage service in the hotel, but I've never tried it. It gets so-so reviews on one of the local boards.

I'm told that the Maharani, located across the street, it a similar hotel, but I've never been there.

Oyenk
05-31-08, 13:05
Based on my knowledge; there are two (IMHO)...

1. Hotel Olimpyc;
telp: 021 6245678

A three star hotel; closed to some hotspots such as; Tiara Ceria, Bintang mawar cafe, Madonna etc. Rate for standart room around 25-30 USD (250,000 rupiahs/without breakfast). They also have spa but I don't recommend it.

2. Hotel Prinsen Park;
telp: 021 6289101

A two star hotel; closed to Oasis spa, Tiara Ceria and some chinese FL such as Lucy (see in thread JKT my post about Lucy PRC FL)
here is the link...http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=734311&postcount=2223
Rate starts from 160,000-170,000 rupiahs/ Standart room.
I ever stayed in this hotel in 2006 and I don't recommend it...because during my stay, I always heard noisy thing (people voices)...a friend of mine who lives in that area told me that many PRC people stay in that hotel and they (usually 3 or more) shared the same room (remember not PRC gals hehehe).

That time when I checked out...the management gave me a voucher for transit hour (8 hours and valid for two weeks) but they didn't sell transit hour service in general. That time I chosed superior room if I am not mistaken.

There is also Hotel Prinsen (in Mangga besar street and behind the Prinsen Park)...sorry I forget the telp number. And I am not sure whether it was branch of Hotel prinsen Park !. But I believe Hotel Prinsen Park has better facilities than hotel Prinsen.

I recommend Olimpyc rather than Prinsen park.

cheers.

FieldMouse
06-04-08, 09:22
Does anyone have any info on good hotels in the bekasi area which have good rates, or even tranist rooms? The olnly place I can find is horison which is a bit exy for a few hours fun hehehe.

Any help appreciated

Fieldmouse

Oyenk
06-06-08, 18:52
Atlet Century (near Plaza Senayan, not far from CJ's) = 560,000 rupiah

here is their web;

http://www.atletcentury.com/

cheers...

Oyenk
06-06-08, 19:12
Does anyone have any info on good hotels in the bekasi area which have good rates, or even tranist rooms? The olnly place I can find is horison which is a bit exy for a few hours fun hehehe.

Any help appreciated

Fieldmouse
FieldMouse bro...

Sorry I rarely gone to Bekasi, but I might give you a hint here;

Pondok Tirta Sentosa (East Jakarta), telp : 021 8009009. DC starts from 200 k/per 6 hours.

was copy and paste from my post, about 6-10 kilometres from Bekasi...use 'Jalan Tol' bro, I think only 10-15 minutes ride (if traffic is not bad).

cheers...

Memekman
06-07-08, 07:34
I've used this hotel perhaps 6 or 7 times over the past year. Always clean, friendly, and the staff don't harass the girls. It is not primarily a transit hotel. In fact, for about half of my visits the transit rates were not available, so I have to rent the room for the night. Not that much difference in price, so doesn't really matter. For one visit, all rooms were full (government meeting), so we had to go elsewhere.

As for foreigner friendly--they've always been friendly to this bule, at least. Never seen other foreigners there, though.

There is a spa and massage service in the hotel, but I've never tried it. It gets so-so reviews on one of the local boards.

I'm told that the Maharani, located across the street, it a similar hotel, but I've never been there.
Hi Member 3088. Could you tell me if one can just walk in with a cewek during the day and ask for a room without strange looks from the staff or hassle? Also do they ask for passport/Kitas for identity? Thnx

Aakumu
06-08-08, 02:38
Hi Member 3088. Could you tell me if one can just walk in with a cewek during the day and ask for a room without strange looks from the staff or hassle? Also do they ask for passport/Kitas for identity? ThnxHi bro,
Don't mind if I answer this?

Normally the hotel do not ask for your ID or hassle you, but in the case they do; you could always register under her name.

My humble two cents.

Robert Long
06-09-08, 06:47
Hi bro,

Normally the hotel do not ask for your ID or hassle you, but in the case they do; you could always register under her name.

My humble two cents.

I experienced a situation in that the Hotel would not accept a Jakarta ID from
the woman I was with, and we had to use my passport.
The police check the Hotels reg to see if any foreigners are staying in the Hotel. They want records of all foreign visitors.

2 cents more+

Mighty Spearsman
06-09-08, 08:21
The police check the Hotels reg to see if any foreigners are staying in the Hotel. They want records of all foreign visitors.

2 cents more+
I certainly believe your story, I guess it depends on the hotel.

Last year I had the opposite experience at Hotel Caravan, a new, clean 1-star hotel near Plaza Indonesia, which was then 175,000 rupiah per night (breakfast included).

I'm in my mid-50s and a foreigner. I showed up with a young Indonesian lady in her mid-20s who was conservatively dressed (jeans, long-sleeved top, flat sandals) just after 12 Noon. We checked in under her name and ID, then spent all afternoon fornicating. I left at dinnertime to go home, she slept overnight in the room (it was nicer and cleaner than where she would have stayed otherwise) and checked out the following morning.

I don't know if she entertained other male guests that evening after I left or not, that's her business. The hotel didn't seem to care whose name was on their books.

Memekman
06-10-08, 09:20
Hi bro,

My humble two cents.

Aakumu thanks, but I know that trick.

My question was specific to the Maharadja since that is close to where I live and I was exploring the possibility of taking a girl there during the day. Was wondering if the reception people would allow me to register without batting an eyelid given the purpose of the stay or would treat it as most usual. I guess the lobby and the reception are quite crowded during the day.

MS seems to have found that the Caravan allowed them to register during mid-day without any trouble. Might try the Caravan although its not exactly close to where I am. MS could you please provide some more directions- Is it near Tanah Abang and is it relatively clean? Or is it the one that has opened on Jl. Wahid Hasyim in the neighbourhood of Ibis Tamarin? Thanks in advance.

Oyenk
06-10-08, 17:08

2 cents more+
The police department which is in charge for this is 'Pengawasan Orang Asing' or POA department. I happened to have a friend from this department (8 years ago) he was in charge to watchover Koreanese businessmen in JKT (commit smugling etc but not committing sex !). And so far my friend had always been entertained in sex site by them.

Did the resepsionist or police ask you ? the resepsionist might have bluffed you (I believe you had a fanatic muslim resepsionist that time). There was no rule in Indonesia that expat may not have sex with native girl.

cheers...

Mighty Spearsman
06-10-08, 17:49
MS seems to have found that the Caravan allowed them to register during mid-day without any trouble. Might try the Caravan although its not exactly close to where I am.

MS could you please provide some more directions - Is it near Tanah Abang and is it relatively clean? Or is it the one that has opened on Jl. Wahid Hasyim in the neighbourhood of Ibis Tamarin? Thanks in advance.Hotel Caravan is just south of Tanah Abang, and due west of Plaza Indonesia and grand Indonesia shopping malls:

Hotel Caravan
Jalan K.H. Mas Mansyur No. 50
Jakarta Pusat
Telephone: 021-392-8283 or 021-314-3184
Fax: 021-230-5021

The rate in 2007 was 175,000 rupiah per night, breakfast included, and probably has increased since then.
All taxes were already included in that price - 175,000 rupiah is what I paid!
Not sure if they have "short-time" rates but 175,000 rupiah is a good rate anyway
Each room has its own attached bathroom
Not sure if they take credit cards or not - I pay cash whenever I am mongering

Unless the traffic is unbearable, a taxi ride from Blok M to this hotel should be 15 - 20 minutes tops.

The hotel is still fairly new, approx. 2 years old, thus the rooms, bathrooms, beds, sheets etc. are still clean and the furniture isn't beat up yet. The facilities are pretty basic and you only get one small towel and one small bar of soap, but IMHO the hotel is good value for the price you pay.

Oyenk
06-13-08, 18:31
- I pay cash whenever

There is another tip for you guys to cover deposit money if you bring small amount of it...

I usually check-in with my credit card and I told the respesionist to "open it and pay it tomorrow with cash".

Let say you open a 250,000 rupiahs room for a night, there is another obligation you have to follow...that is deposit money...for this you got to pay 300,000 rupiahs (deposit money may vary depends on the hotel). So 550,000 rupiahs you have to give.

I usually give my credit card and say to resepsionist that "I open with it including deposit money BUT tomorrow I will pay with cash". So tomorrow when I check out I give only 250,000 rupiahs and the resepsionist will give you unpaid billing credit card.

This method I have done in Astika Hotel and Olympic Hotel, have no idea about other hotel in West JKT or Mangga besar area.

cheers...

Juggernutt
06-14-08, 15:01
I add other hotel but located in Central JKT, Near PasarBaru...

Hotel Golden Boutique,

Jl. Angkasa No.1
Jakarta
Telp. 021-6255555

I found the address in bobobobo.com, and I saw their superior room around 400,000 rupiahs...45 USD. And it is a four star hotel.

This hotel is also closed to some hotspot, such as Classic spa, Puri sehat spa, and around 3-4 kilometres to Atrium Senen.

cheers.

Hi mates,

No doubts golden boutique is extremely well located.
Inside this place there seems to be a couple of fun places too. Getting girls is SIMPLY to easy.
From inhouse massageparlor(Spa), to girls that come to your room for massage, to a nightclub/disco place. Frankly looks alot like the fullserviced hotels in china. frankly frst ever time i noticed one like this in Indo.
Pretty shocking to see so many single guys with breakfast.

Now the downside...the normal rooms are plain filthy. Is so dirty that i got an instant allergic reaction and had to move rooms several times. In the end i moved to an renovated room. So if you are staying my recommendation is to only stay at a renovated room.(is teh more expenisve one)

So about the 4 stars....NO WAY this place is 4 stars. Or maybe it gets 1 star for each way you can get action within hotel.

PS not sure how true the story is ... but it seems this place is where gals from kampungs etc come and have there first experince in the p4p scene.
Could this be true? Always thought it was TC where these girls come first.

Mighty Spearsman
06-14-08, 16:14
No doubt Golden Boutique is extremely well located...

Now the downside...the normal rooms are plain filthy. Is so dirty that i got an instant allergic reaction and had to move rooms several times. In the end i moved to an renovated room. So if you are staying my recommendation is to only stay at a renovated room.(is the more expenisve one)

So about the 4 stars....NO WAY this place is 4 stars. Or maybe it gets 1 star for each way you can get action within hotel.
Appreciate your honesty about the filth, for that reason alone I think I'd skip this place. IMHO it sounds like too much of a hassle to deal with.

Oyenk
06-15-08, 11:39
Hi mates,

PS not sure how true the story is ... but it seems this place is where gals from kampungs etc come and have there first experince in the p4p scene.
Could this be true? Always thought it was TC where these girls come first.
Thanks for your explanation, I read their star status on the web (only that).

I never stayed in this hotel before, just share cause I saw the rate for superior room was cheap enough for a 4 star hotel.

anybody has the same experience ?

Robert Long
06-16-08, 07:23
The police department which is in charge for this is 'Pengawasan Orang Asing' or POA department. I happened to have a friend from this department (8 years ago) he was in charge to watchover Koreanese businessmen in JKT (commit smugling etc but not committing sex !). And so far my friend had always been entertained in sex site by them.

Did the resepsionist or police ask you ? the resepsionist might have bluffed you (I believe you had a fanatic muslim resepsionist that time). There was no rule in Indonesia that expat may not have sex with native girl.

cheers...
The receptionist at the desk is the one that explained that they do not accept checkin from local Jakarta residents. That the ID must be from outside Jakarta. Hotel Sriwijaya on Jl Veteran I think.
I had no problem using my ID. very clean Hotel and good service from the staff. Not really a mongers hotel. But the price was good 275,000 a night and the location is great.
RL

Oyenk
06-16-08, 16:28
The receptionist at the desk is the one that explained that they do not accept checkin from local Jakarta residents. That the ID must be from outside Jakarta. Hotel Sriwijaya on Jl Veteran I think.
RL
Waw...

Another trick to hide their wish...I think 50 % or more guests are from JKT hehehe !

swprdmgr
06-17-08, 18:47
Hi all,

A couple of friends and I are going to Jakarta next month. Our first choice is to stay at the Travel Hotel. We are trying to find a website for Travel Hotel but so far no luck. I would be grateful if someone can provide the website address, or how to get information on the rooms and suits and how to make reservation.

On the other hand, we would prefer to stay in a full service apartment hotel that is GF, so we can party together if we feel like it; it is more fun. So far the best I found was the Marriott Mayflower 3 bedroom apartment. Does anyone know if it is GF, and how far away is it from Travel Hotel.

Your recomendations and ideas would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Oyenk
06-21-08, 13:31
Hi all,

A couple of friends and I are going to Jakarta next month. Our first choice is to stay at the Travel Hotel. We are trying to find a website for Travel Hotel but so far no luck. I would be grateful if someone can provide the website address, or how to get information on the rooms and suits and how to make reservation.

On the other hand, we would prefer to stay in a full service apartment hotel that is GF, so we can party together if we feel like it; it is more fun. So far the best I found was the Marriott Mayflower 3 bedroom apartment. Does anyone know if it is GF, and how far away is it from Travel Hotel.

Thanks for the help.
I think I posted Hotel Travel telp numbers in this thread, make a long distance call (from where you are now !)...ask them the web / if they have and ask them the room rates.

About full service apartment sorry I have no info, anybody can help ?

cheers.

Stiff in Jakarta
06-21-08, 16:19
I've used this hotel perhaps 6 or 7 times over the past year. Always clean, friendly, and the staff don't harass the girls. It is not primarily a transit hotel. In fact, for about half of my visits the transit rates were not available, so I have to rent the room for the night. Not that much difference in price, so doesn't really matter. For one visit, all rooms were full (government meeting), so we had to go elsewhere.

Heres a Transit tip.

The term transit in my experience is not used by locals in general. Just come out and say "I want a short time room". This is cheaper. I have an ex Melawai girl that books short time room in advance for me at this same hotel and it is much cheaper than all night rate. You get 6 hours, more than enough for most mortals.

Cheers

SIJ

Fast Eddie 48
06-21-08, 23:27
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.Swprdmgr,

I was there about 3 yr ago.

Check out their room.

The cost is about 28 USD a night for a standard room.

With large room a little run down so I pass.

This is a 2 star place.

No website on the business card.

I when across the street to Lopasari Plaza to the Olympic hotel, a newer hotel nicer room for 32 usd a night.

A 3 star place with no web site also.

There are many hotel in the area.

If you don't like hotel travel, just go some where else.

I am sure they will always have room avalible.

Fast eddie 48

Bulai69
06-25-08, 17:31
I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 5 nights last week (usual hotel full for first time ever). I've stayed at the Hyatt before but not for a while. I have to say it's not an ideal hotel for mongering, especially for newcomers who aren't familiar with what's what in Jakarta. It's not an easy hotel for girls to get in to (unaccompanied) and it's impossible for them to get to your room as the lifts now require you to swipe your electronic room keys. This can be a problem for those not wishing to be seen. Of course, you can always "tip" the appropriate staff (as was reported just a couple if days ago) but that's something some people aren't tuned in to; most contributors to this forum are pretty street-wise but you'd be amazed how naive some guys are.

I met a middle aged bule who had been in the hotel for 3 days and had never set foot outside the PI/hotel/eX complex except by car to and from his meetings! He was "concerned" (about what? Komodo Dragons, terrorists?) but "frustrated and desperate" as he'd heard it was easy to find girls but as yet he "hadn't seen one". It was around 8pm on Saturday and I said that I could find him a girl - or somebody who could - in 10 minutes. He bet me 50 USD I couldn't. I accepted, gambling on the certainty that a woman pimp who has been standing in the same spot every night for the past 16 years (at least) would be there. I was not dissapointed; there she was and I did the initial negotiation for him. I didn't take his 50 USD. I didn't see the guy again.

Currently the "Burgundy" bar is closed but it's not a good draw for girls and is a pretty hopeless venue to find them.

On Sunday night between around 11.30pm and midnight when I was waiting in the lobby for my girl to arrive I saw no fewer than four girls come downstairs and wait in the lobby to be picked up or taxis. They were certainly pro's and clearly had some kind of relationship with the door staff. A couple of them were real stunners and I got talking to them and got their hp numbers - they would have gone up to my room there and then but they both wanted 200 USD! They each claimed they'd just been paid that. Actually I believe it's possible, certainly the guy I mentioned earlier would have paid that without hesitation. I didn't negotiate as I already had a girl on the way.

Bulai69
06-25-08, 17:44
Purely in the interests of research and as an unselfish act to inform fellow forum members I decided to try the in-room massage service. This is always a very expensive option compared with many others but there are occassions when it's useful, especially if time is a constraint. The cost for 1 hour was approx Rp 325k but of course this can be charged to your room, hence is chargeable to your client or firm. Even the the most diligent financial controller won't pick it up as it just shows on the bill as "Club Olympus".

The girl arrived within 5 minutes and was very old (40 it turned out) but even I at once decided that I would waived my usual selection criteria of half my age and half my weight. I had put her at 32 maximum. She was attractive and charming with an excellent technique. She was only about 5 minutes in before it was clear that there was more on offer and thereafter I got an fantastic "erotic" massage ending up with HJ for Rp 400k (knocked down fairly easily from 1 juta)

KL Guy
06-25-08, 19:35
Man this idiots really know how to spoil the market with thier stupid inflated pricing! USD200 is outrageous! Thanks for the update my friend! I'll be thinking about you on my coming trip to Jakarta!

KL Guy

A couple of them were real stunners and I got talking to them and got their hp numbers - they would have gone up to my room there and then but they both wanted 200 USD! They each claimed they'd just been paid that. Actually I believe it's possible, certainly the guy I mentioned earlier would have paid that without hesitation. I didn't negotiate as I already had a girl on the way.

TimTimGuy
06-26-08, 08:24
"Man this idiots really know how to spoil the market with thier stupid inflated pricing! USD200 is outrageous! "

Agreed, for sure. But it sounds right as the asking price. I posted a report about six months ago, about the massage girl at the Sultan Hotel. She started out asking for $200. I wouldn't and didn't pay that. We settled at $60 if memory serves me but I got the sense she was looking for at least $100. Service was adequate but unenthusiastic as a result.

Someone commented on my report, that $200 seemed like the asking price. Geez! I would love to take on a field assignment in Jakarta, but that doesn't look likely. My loss.

But I drop into this forum regularly for my vicarious kicks. Keep writing the the good reports. And keep the prices down!

TTG

Bigjon71
07-03-08, 03:49
Hi guys

Wonderful reports and advice guys, keep it up.

My 1st report on ISG, so please bear with me guys.

I'm travelling to Jakarta soon for a 4 day holiday and staying at the HOTEL CIPUTRA JAKARTA, to meet an old girlfriend.

Just wanted to know if this particular hotel is girl friendly?

Thanks in advance guys.

Bigjon71
07-03-08, 04:00
Hi guys

I'm travelling to Jakarta soon for a 4 day holiday and staying at the HOTEL CIPUTRA JAKARTA, to meet an old girlfriend.

Thanks in advance guys.

Oyenk
07-03-08, 16:29
Hi guys

Thanks in advance guys.
If you're asking about girl friendly...I can not answer it, but it's a 5 star hotel (if I am not mistaken). I heard many good experiences in this hotel.

enjoy.

Bigjon71
07-03-08, 19:14
Thanks oyenk.

Anybody else had any experiences at this hotel?

I would love some feedback.

Cheers guys

Thanks in advance

Cooze Hound
07-04-08, 07:20
There is more than one Ciputra, can you be specific ?

Xsjoe
07-04-08, 11:02
To "entertain" my freebie far from home I went to Jl. Jaksa. I didn't know this place before. Even if the hotels are rather lousy it is very convenient as if one of them is full (which happens quite often in July due to europeans backpackers) you can try for another one next door.

Hotel Margot: as far as I understood there is only one price at220 KRp.

I tried another one a bit further on the opposite side of the street (I forgot the name). They always say it's full even if it's not just for you to take the Executive room at310 Krp which is supposed to be the only one available. And the room is "Executive" by name only. It's bigger but there bed lamps with no bulb, torn blankets, lousy shower. I wonder how the "blue collar" room is.

By the way: they ask for ID but as I didn't have with me neither the lady, I just had to complete a form with my name, nationality and passport number without any control of course.

Apart from that I was happy to discover this area for the first time. Good atmosphere at night. Are all girls there WG or is there any chance to hook freebies who want to have fun with foreigners? As I wasn't alone I could not check for myself. Next week maybe.

A tip for you bros: if you can speak or understand a bit of bahasa indonesia and the lady can speak a bit of english, it's worth not showing your skills in bahasa. This trick helped me understand what she was saying to her friends on the telephone as she didn't take any precaution because I'm supposed not to understand. When I understood that what she had said to me about her situation (divorced, staying in the family house, really looking for a job.) was true I eventually told her that I could partially understand.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Oyenk
07-04-08, 11:09
There is more than one Ciputra, can you be specific ?
Is there any branch of Ciputra Hotel in Daan Mogot ? Sorry my knowledge about 5 star hotel in JKT is not so good.
CMIIW...

KL Guy
07-04-08, 13:40
At thier website there's only 2 Ciputra hotels listed 1) in Jakarta and 2) in Semarang, Central Java. Website @ http://www.hotelciputra.com/
Is there any branch of Ciputra Hotel in Daan Mogot ? Sorry my knowledge about 5 star hotel in JKT is not so good.
CMIIW...

Bigjon71
07-04-08, 15:31
There is more than one Ciputra, can you be specific ?Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Situated directly above the Ciputra Shopping Mall.

Cheers guys

Oyenk
07-05-08, 09:04
At thier website there's only 2 Ciputra hotels listed 1) in Jakarta and 2) in Semarang, Central Java. Website @ http://www.hotelciputra.com/
Thanks KL Guy for the web...

KL Guy
07-05-08, 12:54
Hi Bigjon71,

I can only share my friend's experiance as I've never stayed there! The hotel is girl friendly when my friend checked in there a couple of months ago as it was a convineant place for the girl to travel to! Most hotels in Jakarta are girl friendly for the exception of a very few!

KL Guy

Hi guys

Thanks in advance guys.

Menteng
07-05-08, 17:30
Hi Bigjon71,

Most hotels in Jakarta are girl friendly for the exception of a very few!

KL Guy

All the Sofyan hotels will not allow pairs unless they're married (to each other :D)

1Ball
07-05-08, 18:31
just curious, Menteng, are couples required to carry a certificate of marriage when travelling? I can't imagine being asked for something proving I am married, if checking into a place with my Balinese GF.

Jkt After Dark 2
07-05-08, 18:57
just curious, Menteng, are couples required to carry a certificate of marriage when travelling? I can't imagine being asked for something proving I am married, if checking into a place with my Balinese GF.
1ball,

The most common methods used is to cross-check her address and yours, her last name and yours.

I hope this helps!

JAKARTA AFTER DARK

1Ball
07-06-08, 00:03
thanks JAD, however that raises a couple of points. in the USA, many married couples do not have the same last name.

Also my Balinese GF never took the family name of her ex husband. So, how do they deal with all this at check in? (Not that my GF is EVER going to check into a hotel with her ex).

It just seems rather old fashioned and a good way of pushing away business.

Menteng
07-06-08, 01:32
thanks JAD, however that raises a couple of points. in the USA, many married couples do not have the same last name.

Also my Balinese GF never took the family name of her ex husband. So, how do they deal with all this at check in? (Not that my GF is EVER going to check into a hotel with her ex).

It just seems rather old fashioned and a good way of pushing away business.

It is the policy of Sofyan. If you can not proof that you are man and wife, then it's your problem. They are doing well with that policy, because there are enough people who want to avoid the "sinfull places". Don't forget that Indonesia is the biggest muslim country in the world.

BTW, they don't serve alcohol drinks either!

Joel Goodsen
07-06-08, 08:55
Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Situated directly above the Ciputra Shopping Mall.

Cheers guys
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=532858&postcount=1095

See above link, she works at Ciputra mall as SPG (Sales Promotion Girl) nowadays- and frequents BATS every now and then, in pursuit of some extra cash and a boyfriend. There will be some nice opportunities in the mall, I'd think. There's also an interesting nightclub not too faraway from Ciputra, forgot its name.

Bigjon71
07-08-08, 02:29
Hi guys,

Thanks for your input.

But I think we are going off the subject.

I just wanted to know if the HOTEL CIPUTRA JAKARTA is girl friendly?

And if anyone of you has had any positive or negative experiences there?

Thanks in advance.

Gzono
07-10-08, 05:22
Hi guys
I was thinking of trying a night and Sparks and check out the topless sexy bar in the hotel and/or the TC club Normally I head to Blok M but wanted something different

Any views on this strategy?

Joel Goodsen
07-13-08, 08:35
I just wanted to know if the HOTEL CIPUTRA JAKARTA is girl friendly?
man, wake up.. do some reading below. Of course it is.

Xsjoe
07-27-08, 11:08
If you're successful after hunting in Mal Atrium and if you're looking for a hotel, one of the best option if Hotel Raden on Jalan Raden Saleh.

It's just a 10 mn taxi ride, not expensive (less than 200 krp) and from 7 p.m. you can get a 40 krp massage (no + or ++ but funny to be massaged in front of the lady you've just fucked or you're about to fuck).

However : unlike hotels in Jl.Jaksa you absolutely have to show your passport or ktp and they don't accept the one of the girl.

Xdentx
07-29-08, 21:55
I'm researching hotels for my first trip to Jakarta and am focusing on the Blok M area. There appears to be a couple of options: Golden Boutique Melawai and Ambhara . I've seen all the posts on both of these. Anyone with recent experience with GBM? Location seems to be the prime factor in considering these two. thanks...anyone in a position to compare these. Understand GBM offers short stays, but I'm visiting for 5 nights if that's a factor.

Menteng
07-30-08, 17:31
I'm researching hotels for my first trip to Jakarta and am focusing on the Blok M area. There appears to be a couple of options: Golden Boutique Melawai and Ambhara . I've seen all the posts on both of these. Anyone with recent experience with GBM? Location seems to be the prime factor in considering these two. thanks...anyone in a position to compare these. Understand GBM offers short stays, but I'm visiting for 5 nights if that's a factor.

There are more options. Among others, the Melawai I and Melawai II hotels. Both are cheaper than Ambhara or Golden Boutique, and it's obvious that the rooms there are of less quality. But Melawai I houses the Maribaya bar, the infamous "sixth floor".

From GBM to Melawai I is only a 3 minutes walk, but if you want to visit the bars at jalan Falatehan (D's Place, Top Gun, My Bar etc), Ambhara is the better option. Walking to jl Falatehan from GBM takes about 20 minutes, but walking there in the night might be a risk. Taxidrivers will try to scam you, especially when leaving jl Falatehan with a "trophy". If you are a bulai, they will ask 100K, while the normal rate is less than 10K.

MarkIII
07-30-08, 20:35
I used this hotel 3 times while I was in Jakarta last April and May. I must say it is a perfect hotel for some discreet fun, it is basic but clean and fresh. Reservations can be made on the internet. I noticed that arround 22.00 o'clock when I arrived the parking area was almost full, when I left arround 3 in the night there were only a few cars left... I was not the only one playing arround I guess
and thanks to my navigation I made it safely back to my homebase ;-) Room cost arround Rp 300k.

Groet,

MarkIII

Menteng
07-31-08, 01:25
I used this hotel 3 times while I was in Jakarta last April and May. I must say it is a perfect hotel for some discreet fun, it is basic but clean and fresh. Reservations can be made on the internet. I noticed that arround 22.00 o'clock when I arrived the parking area was almost full, when I left arround 3 in the night there were only a few cars left... I was not the only one playing arround I guess
and thanks to my navigation I made it safely back to my homebase ;-) Room cost arround Rp 300k.

Groet,

MarkIII

Used it also for sentimental reasons: I spent my youth a stonethrow away from that former cinema, later shopping center.
It is basic, e.g they did not provide toothbrushes, so bring your own or buy one at the pharmacists at the corner. And the bed is not secured, so if you have a wild session like I had, the bed will move in all directions. Even bumped the opposite wall :D

Nederlands Mark?

Memekman
07-31-08, 07:00

Groet,

MarkIII

I have also used this hotel once and found it very convenient, reasonably priced and with an elevator that goes up from the basement parking to your floor with the result that you and the accompanying cewek have to only walk past the basement security which in any case was very lax. But it is very basic and as I had put in my post on this thread the bed is small and the mattress leaves much to be desired for vigorous shafting! Menteng is right the bed being light also keeps on moving around. But that being said, it is a good option and value for money. BTW I tried to book online but the link does not seem to be working. Would be grateful, if you could put the link on this thread.

Incidentally, I have to give in my passport for visa extension. I am worried that without a passport I will have problems with check-in and this will seriously hinder my mongering activities. Does anyone know if hotels will accept just a photocopy of the passport? Or do they accept any other identification such as a Jakarta driver's licence? I do not have a Kitas so the driving licence is the only other id that I have. Since this is not a usual cewek, I don't want to use her id. Or are there any other decent hotels in Menteng/Cikini/ Jl Wahid Hasim areas that do not insist on a passport? Please don't say RTFF, as I have seen all the posts and the only ones that are liberal in this regard seem to be the ones in Kota listed by Oyenk & the Jl. Jaksa hotels mentioned by XsJoe but they are too grotty!

Thanks in advance to any of the bros who can guide me.

Cooze Hound
07-31-08, 08:55
Jakarta Drivers Licence.. did you not need to use your KITAS for that. I always do even for the "fastrack" licence.
In my earlier days I always found a photocopy of the Passport okay but things could be different now.

Woodman
07-31-08, 09:44
I just spent three very quick days in Jakarta and as usual I stayed at the Hyatt. From reading all the posts, I got the definite message on the forum that the Hyatt really isn't GF - I am here to report just the opposite.

My first night in Jakarta I was pretty beat to the long trip from the States. I decided to visit BATS just to see what was going on. I arrived there about 8:30 and other than two other guys, myself, and the bar staff - we were the only people there. Around 10 - 10:30 a few girls started to trickle in. A couple of the girls really were stunners, but my jet lag got the best of me and I called it a night.

The next night I was tied up with business associates until after midnight, and again decided that even though the mind was willing, the body told me to hit the bed - alone.

On my final night in Jakarta, again I was out with clients and returned to the hotel relatively early. My intension was to return to BATS, but decided to check out the bar in the Hyatt called Burgundy. As I entered there were probably 6-8 WG’s strategically located around the bar. There were probably 3-4 guys in the bar and another 10-12 couples. On average I would rate the girls between 6-9 on the 10 scale. I ordered my drink and soon enough one came by, then another. As I took out a cigarette to light it, a girl named “Luki” (spelling probably isn’t correct), approached me and offered me a light. Of course I accepted, and she sat down with me. After about 30 minutes of conversation and a drink, I asked if she would like to see my room. Of course was her answer. I asked what the ST rate would be and she responded that it was up to me – if I was really happy. I said that I have been to Jakarta before and was well aware of the going rates. She responded that would be OK. We retired to my room. For those who are familiar with the Hyatt, Burgundy is located on the 4th Floor – one floor above the Lobby Floor, so you avoid all the normal staff that are hanging around that might make some a bit uncomfortable going to the elevators with a girl.

Once in my room, we sat and talked for about another 20-30 minutes. Then things started to heat up with kissing, and some pretty heavy caressing. From there she suggested we go to the shower where she was very skillful in the parts of both of our bodies she washed and the “attention to detail” on my body. VERY good BBBJ! We moved from the bath to the bed after about 20 minutes in the shower. She was very GFE, and seemed to enjoy what she was doing. We hit all the major positions and she was open to just about everything except DATY. I later found out that she was just finishing her period, and that was the reason.

After we finished round one, we were again having a conversation and she shared with me some very important information. The Hyatt has a new manager, and he has arranged (according to Luki) a few very nice girls to be in the bar for his guests. She said she co-operates with the bar staff, and she only works on Saturday and Tuesday. During the day she sells insurance, and used her income from the Hyatt to supplement her family.

Here is the information on Luki:
Body: 7-8
Attitude: 8
Performance: 8
Tits 34C, ALL Natural
Rate: 600,000 IR (abour US$54)

Thought this would be good information to share with other members of ISG.

WOODMAN

Menteng
07-31-08, 17:36
Incidentally, I have to give in my passport for visa extension. I am worried that without a passport I will have problems with check-in and this will seriously hinder my mongering activities. Does anyone know if hotels will accept just a photocopy of the passport? Or do they accept any other identification such as a Jakarta driver's licence? I do not have a Kitas so the driving licence is the only other id that I have. Since this is not a usual cewek, I don't want to use her id. Or are there any other decent hotels in Menteng/Cikini/ Jl Wahid Hasim areas that do not insist on a passport? Please don't say RTFF, as I have seen all the posts and the only ones that are liberal in this regard seem to be the ones in Kota listed by Oyenk & the Jl. Jaksa hotels mentioned by XsJoe but they are too grotty!

Before I had my Indonesian ID, I was allowed to check in at Amir Oasis and Aston Atrium using a photocopy of my European passport. This was a couple of years ago, so you'd better call them before going there with your photocopy.

MarkIII
07-31-08, 20:24
I have also used this hotel once and found it very convenient, reasonably priced and with an elevator that goes up from the basement parking to your floor with the result that you and the accompanying cewek have to only walk past the basement security which in any case was very lax. BTW I tried to book online but the link does not seem to be working. Would be grateful, if you could put the link on this thread.

This link still works : http://www.accorhotels.com.au/6366

Never had any complaints about the mattress, makes me wondering ;-)

MarkIII

Oyenk
08-01-08, 16:52
I was allowed to check in at Amir Oasis and Aston Atrium using a photocopy of my European passport.
Maybe because you speak Bahasa so fluently just like other native...

FieldMouse
08-02-08, 17:59
All the Sofyan hotels will not allow pairs unless they're married (to each other :D)I can vouch for this. I had a successful pickup one afternoon with a girl at the 'my salon' hairdressers in Tebet. With lovers nuts expanding, we went to the firts hotel near the Salon, the Sofyan Tebet hotel, expecting a quick check-in followed by a rapid exchange of body fluids. To my embarrassment, amusement, horror and frustration, the stuffy shirt do-gooder at reception made it quite clear that we needed more than KTP's to prove we were a married couple. At firts i thought he was joking, but no, no, its a fact. Harris came in handy but at a steep cost for a casual root.

Fieldy

John Aldrich
08-02-08, 19:45
I have also used this hotel once and found it very convenient, reasonably priced and with an elevator that goes up from the basement parking to your floor with the result that you and the accompanying cewek have to only walk past the basement security which in any case was very lax. But it is very basic and as I had put in my post on this thread the bed is small and the mattress leaves much to be desired for vigorous shafting! Menteng is right the bed being light also keeps on moving around. But that being said, it is a good option and value for money. BTW I tried to book online but the link does not seem to be working. Would be grateful, if you could put the link on this thread.

Hi,

I never carry my passport. I always carry a photocopy of my Kitas. I keep my Indonesian Driving Licence and normally show it as id. I normally check into Le Meridien or Mulia or Aryaduta and always give a photocopy only.

The last week that I checked into Mulia, I went to Blora and picked up a hotel voucher from KAHA and while checking in at Mulia, they did not even ask me for id. But had to show my Driving Licence at KAHA since I was getting Rupaiah rates. Your DL is good enough. And a photocopy of the passport is not even required.

And on the lighter side, Brandon 88 showed his AMEX card as id to a cop in Jakarta. Check out with him whether he got through

Cheers

Pussy Engineer
08-02-08, 22:15
Quality post woodman. Good job.

I just spent three very quick days in Jakarta and as usual I stayed at the Hyatt. From reading all the posts, I got the definite message on the forum that the Hyatt really isn't GF - I am here to report just the opposite.

My first night in Jakarta I was pretty beat to the long trip from the States. I decided to visit BATS just to see what was going on. I arrived there about 8:30 and other than two other guys, myself, and the bar staff - we were the only people there. Around 10 - 10:30 a few girls started to trickle in. A couple of the girls really were stunners, but my jet lag got the best of me and I called it a night.

The next night I was tied up with business associates until after midnight, and again decided that even though the mind was willing, the body told me to hit the bed - alone.

On my final night in Jakarta, again I was out with clients and returned to the hotel relatively early. My intension was to return to BATS, but decided to check out the bar in the Hyatt called Burgundy. As I entered there were probably 6-8 WG’s strategically located around the bar. There were probably 3-4 guys in the bar and another 10-12 couples. On average I would rate the girls between 6-9 on the 10 scale. I ordered my drink and soon enough one came by, then another. As I took out a cigarette to light it, a girl named “Luki” (spelling probably isn’t correct), approached me and offered me a light. Of course I accepted, and she sat down with me. After about 30 minutes of conversation and a drink, I asked if she would like to see my room. Of course was her answer. I asked what the ST rate would be and she responded that it was up to me – if I was really happy. I said that I have been to Jakarta before and was well aware of the going rates. She responded that would be OK. We retired to my room. For those who are familiar with the Hyatt, Burgundy is located on the 4th Floor – one floor above the Lobby Floor, so you avoid all the normal staff that are hanging around that might make some a bit uncomfortable going to the elevators with a girl.

Once in my room, we sat and talked for about another 20-30 minutes. Then things started to heat up with kissing, and some pretty heavy caressing. From there she suggested we go to the shower where she was very skillful in the parts of both of our bodies she washed and the “attention to detail” on my body. VERY good BBBJ! We moved from the bath to the bed after about 20 minutes in the shower. She was very GFE, and seemed to enjoy what she was doing. We hit all the major positions and she was open to just about everything except DATY. I later found out that she was just finishing her period, and that was the reason.

After we finished round one, we were again having a conversation and she shared with me some very important information. The Hyatt has a new manager, and he has arranged (according to Luki) a few very nice girls to be in the bar for his guests. She said she co-operates with the bar staff, and she only works on Saturday and Tuesday. During the day she sells insurance, and used her income from the Hyatt to supplement her family.

Here is the information on Luki:
Body: 7-8
Attitude: 8
Performance: 8
Tits 34C, ALL Natural
Rate: 600,000 IR (abour US$54)

Thought this would be good information to share with other members of ISG.

WOODMAN

Memekman
08-04-08, 03:36
Thanks to all the brothers- John, Menteng & Cooze Hound for responding to my query. Since I didn't want any last minute glitches on the day of checking in, I also did a dry run and asked the reception at Formule 1 if they would accept a photocopy of my passport or a Jakarta SIM. They said both were acceptable and in the case of the photocopy it had to be clear and readable. Great news and here's to uninterrupted mongering!

BTW the hotel site is www.formule1.com/asia though it doesn't seem to be working at the moment

Memekman
08-07-08, 03:47
Just a bit of info for brother mongerers. After all my enquiries on the thread last week, found that Formule 1 Menteng Plaza had no rooms available. Apparently it is in great demand and one needs to book well in advance.

Faced with a problem about where to go , I suggested Maharadja but the girl said Mega-Cikini was closer and she preferred it. It was my first time using this hotel. The hotel is on Jl. Cikini almost opposite Pasar Cikini and next to the station. The rooms are of the same quality as the Maharadja or Melawai and other such joints. They don't have a short time rate like Maharadja but at Rp. 290K its almost the same and good value for money for an afternoon of hectic bedtime activity. Lol

Oyenk
08-07-08, 15:44
Just a bit of info for brother mongerers. After all my enquiries on the thread last week, found that Formule 1 Menteng Plaza had no rooms available. Apparently it is in great demand and one needs to book well in advance.

Faced with a problem about where to go , I suggested Maharadja but the girl said Mega-Cikini was closer and she preferred it. It was my first time using this hotel. The hotel is on Jl. Cikini almost opposite Pasar Cikini and next to the station. The rooms are of the same quality as the Maharadja or Melawai and other such joints. They don't have a short time rate like Maharadja but at Rp. 290K its almost the same and good value for money for an afternoon of hectic bedtime activity. Lol
Mega Cikini has transit hours bro, maybe other Hotel Mega...in Menteng-Cikini area many hotel use the name with Mega, such as: Mega Menteng, Mega Cikini, Mega Pro etc.
If we enter Jl. Raden Saleh from Kramat Raya and at the end of this street we can see this hotel...
Or this hotel has no transit hours any longer.

Nice info Spice_Lover...

John Aldrich
08-09-08, 16:29

You should have gone a little further down and you could have either checked into Menteng I of Menteng II. Both have short time rates.

Cheers

Offshore Swell
08-10-08, 14:38
Could some of you Jakarta hands please advise me whether the 5 star hotels such as Mulia Senayan are GF. I like nice hotels but need to be able to conduct my mongering passion as well. any recommendations in the top echelons are acceptable.

Thanking you all in advance for the help. O.S.

Cooze Hound
08-11-08, 08:37
Could some of you Jakarta hands please advise me whether the 5 star hotels such as Mulia Senayan are GF. I like nice hotels but need to be able to conduct my mongering passion as well. any recommendations in the top echelons are acceptable.

Thanking you all in advance for the help. O.S.

It continuously astounds me this question. Read the forum ( RTFF ).
98% of Jakarta Hotels are GFF and all the high ends like the Mulia. Especially as take out is available on site.

Menteng
08-11-08, 17:00
It continuously astounds me this question. Read the forum ( RTFF ).
98% of Jakarta Hotels are GFF and all the high ends like the Mulia. Especially as take out is available on site.

So am I, that's why I ignore these kind of postings! And I think we all should!

Aakumu
08-12-08, 05:27

Thanking you all in advance for the help. O.S.Hi,

Yes, almost of the big 5 star hotel is GF, Mulia, and Shangilia are you best bet.

My humble two cents.

Cooze Hound
08-12-08, 07:15
So am I, that's why I ignore these kind of postings! And I think we all should!

Well on the positive side, think of the happy girls that will get the better of these dunderheads.

Master Diver II
08-12-08, 10:05
Well on the positive side, think of the happy girls that will get the better of these dunderheads.
On the other hand, these dunderheads might pay too much and spoil the market. I had to give one of my fellow countrymen a serious lecture on paying too much and making the rest of us suffer (up to 1M ST at CJs)! Another one told me how girls there usually open pricing to him at 2-3M LT! I had to set him seriously straight on that.

MD II

Oyenk
08-12-08, 10:27
mega menteng, mega cikini, mega pro etc.

mega pro hotel has massage service.

i ever had st session with one of the therapist here, she advertised herself in local newspaper...but we checked-in in puri jaya hotel, her name is rina (not real name i think).
i myself never checked-in in mega pro hotel. too expensive for tip fj i think if we use their massage service to room.

find their telephone number in yellow pages...only if you're interested.

Offshore Swell
08-12-08, 13:59
Thanks for the helpful info guys.

Some of us that have lives bigger than this forum tend to zone out at all the abbreviations and esoteric back and forth that can overtake some of these forums. I did read the forum and found no mention of the hotel I asked about.

as somebody who has not visited Jkta before i thought it might be OK to ask those who sound like they know it well. Obviously not a good idea.

Cooze Hound
08-12-08, 15:19
On the other hand, these dunderheads might pay too much and spoil the market. I had to give one of my fellow countrymen a serious lecture on paying too much and making the rest of us suffer (up to 1M ST at CJs)! Another one told me how girls there usually open pricing to him at 2-3M LT! I had to set him seriously straight on that.

MD II
Unfortunately that sort of activity is just not restricted to dunderheads... as a very regular Blok M visitor I am aware of many guys whom have been resident here for years and know the going rates, spoiling the girls to carry extra favor. Its small change for many of these guys and frankly they do not give a rats about the etiquette of keeping to an accepted payment scale. It does them no good ultimately as the girls still laugh at them as quickly as they spread the word amongst the other girls when someone is pelit.
But I agree with you and often the guys fresh off the boat and just here for a few days will drop 100 USD happily on a girl from BATS, CJs etc.

Oyenk
08-14-08, 10:15
mega pro hotel has massage service.

i ever had st session with one of the therapist here, she advertised herself in local newspaper...but we checked-in in puri jaya hotel, her name is rina (not real name i think).
i myself never checked-in in mega pro hotel. too expensive for tip fj i think if we use their massage service to room.

find their telephone number in yellow pages...only if you're interested.
gentlemen...

i remember there is another hotel in jkt which provides transit hour service...mega anggrek.
located behind taman anggrek mall - west jkt, been here once. rate around 150,000 rupiahs for 8 hours. room is similar with maharadja.
find the telephone number in yellow pages or information (109) if am not mistaken. and the first three digit would be 536, 538 or 548...

usually hotel which provides transit hours in jkt is a three star hotel and they will use their superior room.

cheers...

Kittycat
08-16-08, 05:05
Hi All,

Possible to share the info on this Hotel Penisular which located in Kota area, in term of facilities, price plus contact number?

Pinky

Oyenk
08-16-08, 17:16
Hi All,

Possible to share the info on this Hotel Penisular which located in Kota area, in term of facilities, price plus contact number?

Pinky
Hi...

Which "Peninsula" ? I think there are two Peninsula's in Kota area; first Peninsula is a two star hotel...follow this link.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=737380&postcount=376

I think the second Peninsula is a five star hotel but I am not sure where it is...
anybody can help ?

cheers...

OnlyMe
08-17-08, 18:03
Bros,

Anyone can comment if the above hotel convenient to 'hunting' places?

And where are the suggested places to go near the hotel?

Thanks a million!

Cheers

Kittycat
08-18-08, 04:01
Hi...

Which "Peninsula" ? I think there are two Peninsula's in Kota area; first Peninsula is a two star hotel...follow this link.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=737380&postcount=376

I think the second Peninsula is a five star hotel but I am not sure where it is...
anybody can help ?

cheers...Thanks Bro Oyenk!! I refer to the 2 stars hotel. Well the 5 stars Peninsula located:

Jl. Let. Jend. S. Parman 78
Slipi, Jakarta 11410, Indonesia
Tel: (62-21) 535 0888

Kitty

Kodja
08-18-08, 08:00
Hi All,

PinkyNow that sounds like a Hotel that would have to be "girl friendly" with a name like that!

Oyenk
08-18-08, 14:11
Thanks Bro Oyenk!! I refer to the 2 stars hotel. Well the 5 stars Peninsula located:

Jl. Let. Jend. S. Parman 78
Slipi, Jakarta 11410, Indonesia
Tel: (62-21) 535 0888

Kitty
A pleasure for me, you're welcome...
And thanks for adding the address of Peninsula 5 star !

Oyenk
08-18-08, 14:15
Bros,

Anyone can comment if the above hotel convenient to 'hunting' places?

And where are the suggested places to go near the hotel?

Thanks a million!

Cheers
Honestly, I have no idea about Hotel Millenium...but it could be in Kebon Sirih area (central JKT)...CMIIW !
If my prediction was true, than it would be 15-20 minutes ride to Kota Area / West JKT bro.

But there is a Millenium discotheque in Gajahmada street in Kota area.

KL Guy
08-18-08, 20:44
Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Jalan Fachrudin 3
Jakarta 10250
Indonesia

Website @ http://www.millenniumhotels.com/id/millenniumjakarta/index.html

Honestly, I have no idea about Hotel Millenium...but it could be in Kebon Sirih area (central JKT)...CMIIW !
If my prediction was true, than it would be 15-20 minutes ride to Kota Area / West JKT bro.

But there is a Millenium discotheque in Gajahmada street in Kota area.

Oyenk
08-19-08, 19:33
Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta
Jalan Fachrudin 3
Jakarta 10250
Indonesia

Website @ http://www.millenniumhotels.com/id/millenniumjakarta/index.html
Thanks KL Guy bro...

Oyenk
08-22-08, 15:52
Other option if the other two star hotel is full booked, Hotel Surya is located in Jl. Batutulis Raya (if I am not mistaken) - West JKT...heading to Pecenongan area.
the landmark is Dunkin Donuts in Hayam Wuruk raya and turn left...follow this street and in the left side.
Rate around 250,000 rupiahs for STD room.

Bkk212
08-29-08, 07:29
Hi,
Does anyone have the contact information website or phone number for KAHA ( the reservation desk) at the airport.

Thanks.

Cooze Hound
08-29-08, 10:03
Hi,
Does anyone have the contact information website or phone number for KAHA ( the reservation desk) at the airport.

Thanks.

Google gave me this...

kahasby@kaha.co.id

Saved you the trouble of looking yourself.

Mighty Spearsman
09-18-08, 05:27
Dear Masters in JK

Need to find a good place for a "Soapy Massage" in Central Jakarta. Also after massage FS.. Anybody have experience on "soapy massage" ?
This question is asked fairly regularly, and the answer is always the same: Kartika Massage Spa on Jalan Hayam Wuruk, in the first alley just south of the intersection of Jalan Mangga Besar. The menu here is (virtually) always a soapy massage followed by BJ and FS; ALL of the ladies who work here do it, and a 2-girl session here can be a great experience.

Another option is the Berlian Massage Spa, right next door to Kartika; however you have to ask for the soapy massage ahead of time (before you go upstairs) to make sure that the girl can do the soapy massage, as not all of the girls who work here do it. Ask for Ina if you do come here.

Only problem is that both of these places are closed until early October (Oct. 6th?) because of the fasting month of Ramadan and the Eid holiday.

Oyenk
09-18-08, 17:10
Dear Masters in JK

Need to find a good place for a "Soapy Massage" in Central Jakarta. Also after massage FS.. Anybody have experience on "soapy massage" ?
PP Kartika, PP Berlian as described by MS...other option Oasis Spa, Java Spa; brows thread info or JKT thread...Vahaza_be bro has tried Oasis Spa, brows his post. All located in West Jakarta.
be there after ied lebaran or few days after it/better.

Vahaza Be
09-18-08, 19:08
PP Kartika, PP Berlian as described by MS...other option Oasis Spa, Java Spa; brows thread info or JKT thread...Vahaza_be bro has tried Oasis Spa, brows his post. All located in West Jakarta.
be there after ied lebaran or few days after it/better.
Oasis is much nicer than Berlian and Kartika in terms of the rooms. Similar services and women available. Oasis is just across the street from the entrance to the Lokasari Mall. Recommended.

Sunway Guy
09-19-08, 07:54
Hello people,

I am really interested in the kartika place you guys have been talking about, unfortunately am here in jakarta only for a day and I was really looking forward to the soapy + 2grls package. Since kartika is closed do you guys know anywhere else here which can give me if not the same, at least very close to the same experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated: D

Oyenk
09-20-08, 14:56
Hello people,

I am really interested in the kartika place you guys have been talking about, unfortunately am here in jakarta only for a day and I was really looking forward to the soapy + 2grls package. Since kartika is closed do you guys know anywhere else here which can give me if not the same, at least very close to the same experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated: D
To all newbie...

* Please post in appropriate thread (general info thread), this thread is to discuss hotel in JKT.
Interested in PP Kartika ? fortunately one of our respected senior member (Mighty Spearsman bro) is regular customer there...brows his posts !.
** Other possibilities to have soapy massage during ramadan month ? no I think.

Prince2
09-27-08, 19:22
Any senior residents know what Kaha are currently charging per night for the Novotel Mangga Dua?

The cheapest i can find online is about $55

Thanks

Gringoguy
10-02-08, 21:17
looking for a decent jakarta hotel near hot-spots (gf action zones) with (true) "high" speed internet connection for 5-6 nights. my personal experience in latin and south america, tells me that the expensive (4-5 star) hotels would have better/faster internet connection. unless someone knows (for sure) of a medium class (3-4 star) hotel with good high speed internet connection.

1. based upon your reviews/postings, could the following (4-5 star) hotels would match this profile (any addition or deletion?)?

atlet century (near plaza senayan, not far from cj's)
mulia (home of cj's bar/disco) = usd $133 for single, $148 for double
meridien (home of tiga puluh bar/disco) = usd $87 for single, $98 for double
marriott (nice hotel) = usd $144 for single, $156 for double
shangri-la (home of bats) = usd $168
ritz (home of mistere)
crown plaza (retro)
sultan hotel (old hilton hotel, very low price for a nice hotel)
grand hyatt
hotel sari pan pacific
hotel borobudur

2. assuming all of the above have great internet connection, which ones are in the better locations (close proximity of the pick_up_malls, ladies action, mps, night clubs, etc.)? (per forum, the in-house mps of these hotels could be quite expensive :)

3. how do you get the best price to these hotels? noticed people recommending bobobobo.com, hotelclub.net, kaha/indotel@airport, hrs.com, asiarooms.com, etc. any other site or travel agent? i am usa citizen but noticed on some postings that you get better pricing, if you are kitas holder or local resident book for you. what is kita? how do you get that?

Mighty Spearsman
10-03-08, 06:08
looking for a decent jakarta hotel near hot-spots (gf action zones) with (true) "high" speed internet connection for 5-6 nights. my personal experience in latin and south america, tells me that the expensive (4-5 star) hotels would have better/faster internet connection. unless someone knows (for sure) of a medium class (3-4 star) hotel with good high speed internet connection.

1. based upon your reviews/postings, could the following (4-5 star) hotels would match this profile (any addition or deletion?)?

ritz (home of mistere)
crown plaza (retro)
grand hyatt
hotel sari pan pacific
hotel borobudur

2. assuming all of the above have great internet connection, which ones are in the better locations (close proximity of the pick_up_malls, ladies action, mps, night clubs, etc.)? (per forum, the in-house mps of these hotels could be quite expensive :)

3. how do you get the best price to these hotels? noticed people recommending bobobobo.com, hotelclub.net, kaha/indotel@airport, hrs.com, asiarooms.com, etc. any other site or travel agent? i am usa citizen but noticed on some postings that you get better pricing, if you are kitas holder or local resident book for you. what is kita? how do you get that?
since you have obviously read the board and done your research, i'll try to help.

a "kitas" is essentially a residence permit for an expat who is a long-term resident of indonesia. i have one, so do many of the other posters here. however, there are also many other senior members who post regularly here who are not kitas holders, they just visit jakarta a lot :)

i assume that you just want to visit indonesia and that you do not wish to become a long-term resident here, so you would not be able to obtain a kitas. luckily, with a us passport, you can easily get a visa upon arrival at the airport in jakarta.

virtually all of the hotels on your list offer high-speed internet connections, so that should not be a problem.

location? esteemed senior member bulai69 has warned against the sultan hotel as not having the best location, difficult to get taxis. the marriott hotel and the ritz-carlton (both in kuningan) are very nice but are in an awkward place for most mongering.

most of the other hotels on your list are probably ok location-wise, except the hotel borobodur is not that well-located - close to atrium mall but otherwise is not in the best location.

bulai69 swears by the le meridien and so would i, as it is easily accessible to all of the places you're interested in: the 3 main hotel night clubs, the blok m scene, mall-hunting, even the kota massage places.

look forward to a post of your experiences here.

Cooze Hound
10-04-08, 08:17
Regarding the Hotels, I have used the Atlet Century Park a few times when I have been changing house etc and needed a place. Good sized rooms, casual reception area, good price, last time was 40.00 USD and even though I am a KITAS holder I got the best price online via WOTIF.com. CLose to Blok M but also right in front of Red Square ( watch out for spiked drinks ) and Plaza Senayan should you seek something a bit different or a Mall troll.
You will probably get your best rice for anywhere at the Kaha desk in the arrival hall however.
Good Luck.

Gringoguy
10-04-08, 13:10
Regarding the Hotels, I have used the Atlet Century Park a few times when I have been changing house etc and needed a place. Good sized rooms, casual reception area, good price, last time was 40.00 USD and even though I am a KITAS holder I got the best price online via WOTIF.com. CLose to Blok M but also right in front of Red Square ( watch out for spiked drinks ) and Plaza Senayan should you seek something a bit different or a Mall troll.

You will probably get your best rice for anywhere at the Kaha desk in the arrival hall however.

Good Luck.By any chance, do you remember if they have a good internet connection in the room?

Gringoguy
10-04-08, 13:26
Getting Meridien for $100+tax (incl. internet and breakfast). Being non-kitas guy, can i find better price than that?

Mulia is USD$ 123+tax (with breakfast and internet). Does Mulia has significant location advantage to justify additional $23 :)

Bulai69
10-04-08, 14:12
I agree with 2 previous posters of course. According to some websites the Mandarin Oriental is open again - local residents may confirm or otherwise. That is a stone's throw from Grand Hyatt and seems to have some good deals. Personally I don't recommend Grand Hyatt, especially for those not familiar with Jakarta "process" for getting what you want, but the location is good. It is one of the most expensive and least friendly - but still better than most in the west obviously.

As MS said, Meridien is a good compromise for location, price, quality and the on-site night club - which is not as good as it used to be but represents a "last resort" if you are staying in the hotel.

Asia Rooms is pretty good for rates. You won't get a Kitas card - but you might well meet someone who has! Of course you will want to book in advance and in fact you often get a similar rate online anyway.

Bulai69
10-04-08, 14:22
Does anyone have any experience of this mall in Bekasi? I was chatting to a girl on YM and ascertained, after much skirting around the subject, that a lot of girls go here to get picked up. It's a long way to go on a wild goose chase - anybody ever been?

Menteng
10-04-08, 20:06
Getting Meridien for $100+tax (incl. internet and breakfast). Being non-kitas guy, can i find better price than that?

Mulia is USD$ 123+tax (with breakfast and internet). Does Mulia has significant location advantage to justify additional $23 :)

Both has what Bulai calls a "last resort". Tigapuluh in LM and CJ in M. For that "last resort" I think CJ is better, BUT, for mongering activities, LM has the much better location.

Du Blondii
10-05-08, 19:48
Could someone please tell me how the ascott apartments are in regards to bringing girls over.

I am staying at the first few days in the parklane hotel but i be way to busy on business to have some fun.

Plan on relocation to the ascot apartments afterwards.

Would it be easy to brings girls over there?

Anybody any experience with it?

Master Diver II
10-06-08, 03:04

ritz (home of mistere)
crown plaza (retro)
grand hyatt
hotel sari pan pacific
hotel borobudur

as mentioned by other members, the hotels listed here will probably serve you well but you may also want to consider park lane (usd70?) and manhattan (rps550k - 840k) but take note that manhattan has no in house entertainment but a reasonably convenient location. they also sell you internet time either 24hrs (rps100k), 1 week, 1 month, or 5hrs actual usage(rps140k); the 5hrs costs more than the 24hrs but i find it can last me a few days. also take note that le meridien used to provide broadband in deluxe rooms (free with the room) and only dial up in standard rooms - so you might want to check into whether that still holds true.

md ii