PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta - Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Cooze Hound
11-19-09, 13:31
I'll be arriving there in a week or two. At 5:30 AM in the morning. Will Kaha or another hotel booking counter be open in the airport, or should I book ahead of time online? (Currently looking at http://www.amarishotel.com/ , looks like about 490K/night.) I trust I'll find a meter taxi OK at that hour?

I have stayed at the Amaris a few times. Tiny rooms but adequate and clean.
Virtually only Indonesian guests in my experience , wifi in the lobby, and the receptionist may or may not speak english. I speak Indonesian so no issue for me.
Great location. Bu tif you want to be close to Blok M, I would suggest the Ambhara if you can pay a bit extra.

Menteng
11-20-09, 15:37
Just got a job assignment 'back' to Jkt. Lived before but outside of town, this time office will be in Menteng near Bappenas. I need a place to live, not to expensive and would even be willing to share with another expat of the same mindset. I'm 61, not a boozer but like a good beer and a good lay from time to time. Any suggestions or offers out there looking for a roomy?

In the past Bulai69 mentioned Takes Mansion at Taman Kebon Sirih. Roughly, located between Blok M in the South and Kota in the North. It is also not too far from Taman Suropati. Follow jl Thamrin till PI, turn left at the roundabout into jl Imam Bonjol and after a couple of kilometers, there it is: BAPENAS! Of course there are other routes, but I think this might be the simplest one.

Jaimito Cartero
11-20-09, 16:17
In the past Bulai69 mentioned Takes Mansion at Taman Kebon Sirih. Roughly, located between Blok M in the South and Kota in the North. It is also not too far from Taman Suropati. Follow jl Thamrin till PI, turn left at the roundabout into jl Imam Bonjol and after a couple of kilometers, there it is: BAPENAS! Of course there are other routes, but I think this might be the simplest one.

Takes Mansion is okay, but the location is a bit hard to get into/out of. I stayed for a couple of weeks this year, and the two or three mosques that are nearby would wake me up with their call to prayers, and other announcements all the time.

Nothing is really included with the room. A small towel, and toilet paper, if you're lucky. Even is you get the kitchenette version, you have to rent pans. Internet is available, but a little expensive by using cards.

No in-room safes, but okay room service. The front desk and especially the room service often didn't have change.

The monthly rate would probably be okay, pricewise. However, if you rent for 1 month and 3 days, you will be charged 1 month flat, and then 3 days separately (at about double the monthly day rate). I think they only clean every other day, too.

Oldexpat
11-20-09, 21:02
I tried to send you a private message, but it seems as though you cannot receive messages.

I recently completed a long term assignment at Bappenas, and am now working outside Indonesia. I had a deluxe two-bedroom apartment on the 6th floor of Puri Imperium, 5 minutes away from Jl. Taman Suropati (Bappenas).

The unit overlooks the swimming pool and tennis court. The cost of the well-furnished apartment, not including electricity or broadband internet was $1250, which I thought was a bargain.

A 42" plasma TV, internet connection and other features are included in price. The tenant must pay for electricity and internet usage.

Please let me know if you are interested.Bule2004,

Thanks for the input. Yes, seems I can't send or get PM's here. The Puri Imperium sounds ideal, 5 minutes to Bappenas would work great and so is the cost. Any contacts you can post here that I could connect to. I take it you gave the apt up so you're not subleasing or anything.

Oldexpat
11-20-09, 21:20
Takes Mansion is okay, but the location is a bit hard to get into/out of. I stayed for a couple of weeks this year, and the two or three mosques that are nearby would wake me up with their call to prayers, and other announcements all the time.

Nothing is really included with the room. A small towel, and toilet paper, if you're lucky. Even is you get the kitchenette version, you have to rent pans. Internet is available, but a little expensive by using cards.

No in-room safes, but okay room service. The front desk and especially the room service often didn't have change.

The monthly rate would probably be okay, pricewise. However, if you rent for 1 month and 3 days, you will be charged 1 month flat, and then 3 days separately (at about double the monthly day rate). I think they only clean every other day, too.Thank you. I looked up Takes Mansion and it pictures well but the description has turned me off. I'll be there a year and afraid it's a bit 'too basic'. Appreciate your input however.

Sapperken
11-28-09, 20:32
Just put a speculative week into a travel search engine and it returned this result:

Destination : Jakarta
Hotel : Sanno-Sup Unlimited Broadband Hotel
JL. PLUIT SELATAN RAYA NO. 2, JAKARTA 14450, INDONESIA
Check in 10-Jan-2010
Check out 16-Jan-2010
Night(s) 6
Accomodation Type : 1Twin Room Available
Total Price : £146.89 BREAKFAST Basis

Anybody heard/got any experience of this hotel?

I'm not keen on twin room but at £25/night is it worth it?

SK

Jaimito Cartero
11-28-09, 22:41
thank you. i looked up takes mansion and it pictures well but the description has turned me off. i'll be there a year and afraid it's a bit 'too basic'. appreciate your input however.

yeah, i can put up with a lot of stuff, but i don't think i'd stay there long term unless i was scraping bottom.

perhaps an apartment in taman rasuna area?

Menteng
11-29-09, 02:36
Just put a speculative week into a travel search engine and it returned this result:

Destination : Jakarta
Hotel : Sanno-Sup Unlimited Broadband Hotel
JL. PLUIT SELATAN RAYA NO. 2, JAKARTA 14450, INDONESIA
Check in 10-Jan-2010
Check out 16-Jan-2010
Night(s) 6
Accomodation Type : 1Twin Room Available
Total Price : £146.89 BREAKFAST Basis

Anybody heard/got any experience of this hotel?

I'm not keen on twin room but at £25/night is it worth it?

SK

Are you aware of the location?

Sapperken
11-29-09, 10:35
Are you aware of the location?

Hi Menteng,

Beyond the address given here which doesn't mean much to me there was a map on the site which seemed to show it in the north. Are you familiar with it's location?

SK

Menteng
11-29-09, 15:43
Hi Menteng,

Beyond the address given here which doesn't mean much to me there was a map on the site which seemed to show it in the north. Are you familiar with it's location?

SK

It is in the northwest part of Jakarta. Blok M is far far away in the south and though Kota-Mangga Besar is also in the northern part of Jkt, traffic is terrible unless you go beyond the rush hours. I can´t imagine that there is no action there, but I can not remember any FR from that part of Jakarta.
But, maybe you can be Stanley or Livingston to Jakartan mongers.

Or, JAD should shed his light on this.

Bule2004
11-30-09, 03:52
Bule2004,

Thanks for the input. Yes, seems I can't send or get PM's here. The Puri Imperium sounds ideal, 5 minutes to Bappenas would work great and so is the cost. Any contacts you can post here that I could connect to. I take it you gave the apt up so you're not subleasing or anything.Just a thought: I will be back in Jakarta on 9 - 21 December. My old unit has been re-rented, but I can inquire about other units available for rent, if you wish.

It would be easier to communicate if you became a member and we could chat by PM. Food for thought.

Bule 2004

Oldexpat
11-30-09, 06:15
Just a thought: I will be back in Jakarta on 9 - 21 December. My old unit has been re-rented, but I can inquire about other units available for rent, if you wish.

It would be easier to communicate if you became a member and we could chat by PM. Food for thought.

Bule 2004Thanks Bule. Good thought. I'll suscribe by mail, not creditcard. Glad they have that option.

Nice to find a fellow consisour of fine asian cuisine to lead me to some of the finer dining establishments and possibly a place to drop my bags.

Cooze Hound
11-30-09, 15:06
Hi Menteng,

SK

Heavily Chinese area, bound to be some local knock shops but Kota is close enough.

Doggy 43
01-02-10, 12:07
Hi,

Just looking at two hotels (I have been searching and its either melawi because in blok M ao travellers in kota. I am still so confused, I just want to ***** around and stay in a Ok roomaround 400 to 500 rup. Any suggestions, I would prefer Blok M. I am there dor about 18 days (maybe go bandung).

Just need a good room within that range.

I like bars and clubs good restaurants.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Doggy

Sol111
01-04-10, 05:11
JL. Komando Raya No.6, Setiabudi Jakarta Selatan

Anyone stayed here? Thoughts?

Key Master
01-04-10, 08:11
Hi,

Just looking at two hotels (I have been searching and its either melawi because in blok M ao travellers in kota. I am still so confused, I just want to ***** around and stay in a Ok roomaround 400 to 500 rup. Any suggestions, I would prefer Blok M. I am there dor about 18 days (maybe go bandung).

Doggy

Not really familiar with a lot of the hotels, but to me Melawaii to me doesn't have ok rooms. I suggest you read this thread for suggestions. I would get some names and probably just try and book through the hotel reservations booths mentioned here. Start reading.

Fast Eddie 48
01-04-10, 08:18
Not really familiar with a lot of the hotels, but to me Melawaii to me doesn't have ok rooms. I suggest you read this thread for suggestions. I would get some names and probably just try and book through the hotel reservations booths mentioned here. Start reading.KEY,

I do agree the Melawai hotel and Melawai II across the st is a dump, if you are on a tight budget, the Almambra hotel is only 2 block away cost is around 60 USD a night is a much better pick.

I stay at the Olympic hotel at Lopasari plaza at 40 USD a night on my last trip a ok 3 star hotel near TC, hotel travel and meter taxi is cheap cost is only 3.5 USD to Block M.

Fast Eddie 48

Menteng
01-04-10, 15:12
Hi,

Doggy

Bars, good food and clubs. And of course mongering. Well, for the money you mentioned I'd go for any of the 2 Hotels Melawai.

The bars: jalan Faletehan (Top Gun, D's Place a.o.) or those of the 5 stars hotels like CJ (Mulia), BATS (Shangrilla) or Tiga Puluh (Le Meridien).

Good food: downstairs at Pasar Raya Grande is a foodcourt. If you want it more sophisticated, Kemang area is near. Actually in all the big shopping centers are foodcourts serving quite good food. If you like Chinese food, there are excellent ones in Senayan City, Plaza Indonesia and the office buildings along jalan Sudirman.

Clubs: Plaza Senayan has Red Square and XO (or was it O2?), Plaza Semanggi has Vertigo and I'm sure that in that southern part of Jakarta are more options.

Hotel Travel is excellent if you focus on mongering. Inside and very near (Lokasari with TC, Madona, Bintang Mawar etc; the blocks off jalan Hayam Wuruk with Stadium, Kartika, Berlian; jalan Tamansari for the take-outs) are recognized spots. As this northern part of Jakarta has a vast Chinese population, good Chinese food is also available (a.o. several spots inside Lokasari).
Heck, if you'd like to f*ck a Chinese hooker from the mainland at much lower prices than in Sumo, Malioboro etc, wander around KFC Lokasari in the afternoon. Big chance you'll bump into one there.

Better still, is to contact JakartaAfterDark and participate in one of his tours. As he's a local with many, many years of experience he can show and inform you about places and prices of food and WG's, thus preventing you from getting ripped.

Member #4351
01-04-10, 15:29
I second the Jakarta After Dark recommendation. He took me around for about a week and I had a great time.

Hung Man 1808
01-04-10, 15:52
Clubs: Plaza Senayan has Red Square and XO (or was it O2?), Plaza Semanggi has Vertigo and I'm sure that in that southern part of Jakarta are more options.

Nit picking a little, but the Senayan club is X2 and very popular with normal, friendly non hooker girls, and I think Vertigo is gone. Man you've been gone too long! Come back..

The Lokasari KFC is a good tip, but I have barely got out of Stadium lately. Best service and looks up that way, Hotel Travel wasn't a good experience the last time I visited. But I'm Bule, not Indonesian.

Mercure Rekso continues to provide the best value for money around for room services and location. This includes the word cheap for what is on offer.

Menteng
01-05-10, 14:42
Nit picking a little, but the Senayan club is X2 and very popular with normal, friendly non hooker girls, and I think Vertigo is gone. Man you've been gone too long! Come back..

I knew, I knew it was something with an X and a 2 ;) . Thanks for the update.

=========

I moved to Colombia and Jakarta is further away now. Not out of sight, but it's a long, long journey. Lucky enough the girls here ease my pain sufficiently.

BTW, any member who can give me information on the shortest trip to Jakarta from Colombia?

Ed Broens
01-05-10, 15:44
BTW, any member who can give me information on the shortest trip to Jakarta from Colombia?Try this website for info and book with your own travel agent

www.amadeus.net

Hung Man 1808
01-05-10, 17:44
I knew, I knew it was something with an X and a 2 ;) . Thanks for the update.

I moved to Colombia >>> Lucky enough the girls here ease my pain sufficiently.

BTW, any member who can give me information on the shortest trip to Jakarta from Colombia?

BTW I got the clubs mixed up - Embassy is closed, not Vertigo - see http://www.jakarta100bars.com/2009/01/vertigox-lounge-plaza-semanggi-17th.html

1001 is well and truly closed though - at least in the location next to Stadium.

I'll have to check out Columbia one day as it seems the most attractive (!!) place to visit for me in South America, but that means having to stop going to Indonesia for a little while. What a sacrifice..

I don't know the quickest way from Columbia to Jkt, but I'm guessing it won't be the cheapest! Not that it would be a quick trip..

Jaimito Cartero
01-05-10, 20:24
The quickest I find is about 32 hours in duration, and that's routing through the US on American Airlines, plus others. About $2800.

Going on KLM might be better, but slightly longer. First leg on Copa to Panama City, then to AMS, then Singapore. Overnight in AMS, though, about 37 hours total. $2400.

You'd probably save money by looking at booking the trip to other close-by hubs such as Singapore or even Bali. In looking at SIN, I come up with $1800 on BA/Qantas.

Or, if you're smart, and have a friend with a bunch of frequent flyer miles, they might be able to come up with something better. ;)

Zam Borer
01-05-10, 21:15
Hi folks

I would like to ask fellow mongers an advise on Jakarta. I'm about to organise a party down at Jakarta. Well my question over here is, do you guys have any idea, where can I get a striper to come to my place for the party. And how much is the damage? Please advise me on this matter.

Cheers

Cooze Hound
01-06-10, 12:45
Hi folks

I would like to ask fellow mongers an advise on Jakarta. I'm about to organise a party down at Jakarta. Well my question over here is, do you guys have any idea, where can I get a striper to come to my place for the party. And how much is the damage? Please advise me on this matter.

CheersSo you have moved this question over from the Jakarta thread after a respected member suggested you were out of order. To be frank, for the internet and its vagaries, this site is a pretty " tight ship", in comparison to others.

Do your home work through other established paths, i.e on the ground, in bars, where if there are dancers, someone will point you in the right direction, and then report back on how it went.

Barson
01-07-10, 15:47
Being the North Jakarta monger all these time, never frequent down the southern part until recently just moved with the work.

So when we say Melawai 6th floor, is this the one right at the entrance gate going into Block M square with Carefour about 50metre before the left turn into Pasaraya?

I saw a Malawai hotel with quiet a glassy front wall which can see right through to the reception desk.

Then which one is MelawaiII?

Cooze Hound
01-08-10, 08:04
Being the North Jakarta monger all these time, never frequent down the southern part until recently just moved with the work.

So when we say Melawai 6th floor, is this the one right at the entrance gate going into Block M square with Carefour about 50metre before the left turn into Pasaraya?

I saw a Malawai hotel with quiet a glassy front wall which can see right through to the reception desk.

Then which one is MelawaiII?Melawai Hotel with the 5+1 bar is the one with the glassy front, where you describe, also it has a salon at one end. Melawai 2 is sort of diagonally opposite where there is a side street.

Key Master
01-08-10, 14:57

Then which one is MelawaiII?That is Melawai I with the glass front on the side of Carefour. If you are facing the glass front of it where the front door and reception are and do a 180 degree turn, Melawai II is across the street slightly to the left where there is a side street there. I think it's kind of a peach colored building. You have to walk down a driveway to get to the front doors I believe if memory serves me correctly. Either way, I'll never stay there again unless they remodel that place. The people working there were very nice, but the place is dirty and mosquitoes chewed me up in my room.

Doggy 43
01-10-10, 00:58
I am a bit confused.

I see people refer to Hotel travel and Travellers hotel, are these one and the same or are they are in Kota but in different areas.

I am going to stay at Travellers Hotel, hope not too far walking distance from the clubs and bars I hope.

Another member kindly recommended Mercure because of the close vacinity of the bars and clubs and bus running down to Blok M during daytime.

Thanks

Okie Vmax
01-10-10, 13:37
I hope I'm posting in the right place. Thanks to all of you for sharing info. I'm passing through Jakarta for a few days mid-Feb en route to Gilis diving. When I lived in Jakarta several years ago I more or less limited myself to BATS and Blok M (2 extremes, eh?). But here I'm seeing posts about Manga Besar area (Mercure, Sumo Shiatsu, Travelers Hotel, etc.). What are the bars and other places to take one home for the night? I noticed something about Lokasari (or similar) where a guy might bump into a mainland Chinese (God knows I like them. In China now) on a more casual basis. Enough, enough. I'm grateful for some specifics on which places a fellow looks in or drinks at around here (Gadja Madah and Mannga Besar area?) to carry something home for more than a 1-shot deal. One beauty of Jakarta I always thought was the abundance of free lancers. Hell, it even feels like they like ya most of the time!

Thanks again.

Menteng
01-10-10, 16:29
I am a bit confused.

I see people refer to Hotel travel and Travellers hotel, are these one and the same or are they are in Kota but in different areas.

I am going to stay at Travellers Hotel, hope not too far walking distance from the clubs and bars I hope.

Another member kindly recommended Mercure because of the close vacinity of the bars and clubs and bus running down to Blok M during daytime.

Thanks

I've just googled Traveler Hotel and found out that it is the former Quality Hotel. I do hope that quiting the word Quality from the name doesn't effect the quality of the hotel.
It is located at jl. Pangeran Jayakarta 70. I don't know the hotel, but looking on the map, nearby will be the fleshpots of the so-called PangJay block. Use the "search" function to find out about those places.
The location of the hotel itself does not look very good. Especially if to walk there by yourself after sunset. Yes, you will not be very far from jalan Hayam Wuruk with Crown and others, but forget about clubs and bars like those of Southern Jakarta (Blok M, Kemang). However, not too far from Traveler are hotel Jayakarta and Sun City. I expect they have a bar and maybe girls in the bar. Actually at the opposite of hotel Jayakarta is a mongering destination. I forgot the name, but other members may know it.

Maybe you should follow the advice of that other member and book a room at Mercure Rekso but bear in mind that during the day the (in)famous bars of Blok M are closed, except Bali Hai and those bars get interesting long after the last TransJakarta bus rides.

=======

BTW, thanks to those who gave info on the flights from Colombia to Jakarta.

Jaimito Cartero
01-16-10, 05:16
For those who like a decent hotel, you can get this hotel for just 5000 Priority Club points, until the end of March. It's like paying $25 for the room, so quite a bargain.

Bkk212
02-05-10, 05:21
Hi,
Haven't posted for a while because I am behind the Great Wall in China, can't get to most sites including google.

Ok went to JKT for New Year (yes I am a bit late) stayed at the Santika Premier hotel this time. Previously stayed at Ambhara Hotel in Blok M, wonderful hotel great service, but this time aroudn was a bit pricey, even at KAHA.

So I booked Santika through the hotel's website, cost $500,000 IDR/night. A bargain compared to other hotels but the service sucks and the hotel is more a 3* than 4* as they claim.

But that wasn't all they charged me for a New Year's eve dinner and refused to let me in the dining hall, as I didn't have a ticket. When I paid for the dinner the reception said that I don't need a ticket. So tried to explain my issue to the duty manager but all he kept saying was it's a package deal.

In the end I had to go outside for dinner that night as no one seemed competent enough to understand that I paid already but didn't receive a ticket/pass.

Horrible experience, avoid this place. Gym has old equipment, TV's are small and old even though they told me that they have LCD's in the room.

Ripoff !!!

Sol111
02-22-10, 15:44
Anyone stayed at these? Do they have safe deposit box in the room?

Koperen Ko
02-23-10, 23:15
Anyone stayed at these? Do they have safe deposit box in the room?
I stayed at Ibis Slipi a number of times. Located conveniently near the main road from the airport to the town, but you don't hear the noise due to double glazing.
Not too far from Blok M and absolutely girl-friendly. Reasonably priced, last year 545,000 Rupiah/night (39 Euro), including breakfast.
No safe in the room, but safety lockers at the reception. The type where you get one key to your box and they have the master key, 24 hr available. I usually drop my passport and ticket there at check-in.
I like it. Did not stay at the other two.

Regards,
Ko

Louie OK
03-05-10, 23:17
To "entertain" my freebie far from home I went to Jl. Jaksa. I didn't know this place before. Even if the hotels are rather lousy it is very convenient as if one of them is full (which happens quite often in July due to europeans backpackers) you can try for another one next door.

Hotel Margot: as far as I understood there is only one price at220 KRp.

I tried another one a bit further on the opposite side of the street (I forgot the name). They always say it's full even if it's not just for you to take the Executive room at310 Krp which is supposed to be the only one available. And the room is "Executive" by name only. It's bigger but there bed lamps with no bulb, torn blankets, lousy shower. I wonder how the "blue collar" room is.

By the way: they ask for ID but as I didn't have with me neither the lady, I just had to complete a form with my name, nationality and passport number without any control of course.

Apart from that I was happy to discover this area for the first time. Good atmosphere at night. Are all girls there WG or is there any chance to hook freebies who want to have fun with foreigners? As I wasn't alone I could not check for myself. Next week maybe.

A tip for you bros: if you can speak or understand a bit of bahasa indonesia and the lady can speak a bit of english, it's worth not showing your skills in bahasa. This trick helped me understand what she was saying to her friends on the telephone as she didn't take any precaution because I'm supposed not to understand. When I understood that what she had said to me about her situation (divorced, staying in the family house, really looking for a job.) was true I eventually told her that I could partially understand.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.
That price of 220,000 rupiahs at the Margot (July '08) is now 240,000. A 2005 post said it was 140,000. It appears the price there has nearly doubled in 5 years. One good thing is that there is free wifi (but slow) in some of the rooms if not always on the ground level.

There are cheaper accommodations in this Jaksa Street area in the many hostels. Many are less than 100,000 but without AC.

Menteng
03-07-10, 14:56
That price of 220,000 rupiahs at the Margot (July '08) is now 240,000. A 2005 post said it was 140,000. It appears the price there has nearly doubled in 5 years. One good thing is that there is free wifi (but slow) in some of the rooms if not always on the ground level.

There are cheaper accommodations in this Jaksa Street area in the many hostels. Many are less than 100,000 but without AC.

I booked at Margot a couple of times for ST when it was still 140K, breakfast included. I mean, I used the room for the action and handed over the roomkey to Mr. A (any of you know how he's doing? B69 perhaps?) before heading home.

Ice Raj
03-08-10, 10:11
Hi Guys,

Planning a short trip to Jakarta and reading through the forum found that Mercure Hotel is recomended for a good stay and girl friendly, also near the entertainment districts, is this correct?

Which Mercure are you referring to? I.e. the Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk or Mercure Ancol? Is the Swiss Belhotel, mangga besar also a good option?

Please advise guys, much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ice

Ps : Would like to also shoot some golf. Which course would you suggest which would be nearest to these hotels? Thanks again.

Travel Spirit
03-08-10, 11:00
Are Accor hotels girl friendly so as to take advantage of the current super sale?

Haggis Man
03-08-10, 14:25
Hi Guys,

Planning a short trip to Jakarta and reading through the forum found that Mercure Hotel is recomended for a good stay and girl friendly, also near the entertainment districts, is this correct?

Which Mercure are you referring to? I.e. the Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk or Mercure Ancol? Is the Swiss Belhotel, mangga besar also a good option?

Please advise guys, much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ice

Ps : Would like to also shoot some golf. Which course would you suggest which would be nearest to these hotels? Thanks again.For hotel close to the action it must be Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk you are refering to a 5 min walk to Kartika, Stadium and Berlian. Furthermore just around the corner are Mangga Besar for Travel Hotel, TC, Millies etc. Malioboro is 5 - 10 min taxi drive from Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk giving you plenty options.

Ice Raj
03-10-10, 00:56
For hotel close to the action it must be Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk you are refering to a 5 min walk to Kartika, Stadium and Berlian. Furthermore just around the corner are Mangga Besar for Travel Hotel, TC, Millies etc. Malioboro is 5 - 10 min taxi drive from Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk giving you plenty options.

Hi Haggis Man,

Thank you so much for the info. Shall take your advice. Mercure Rekso Hayam Wuruk it is then!!! :))

Shall put in a report after my trip. If you are free for beers please join us, we shall be there on the 1st of April for 2 or 3 nights.

Thank you.

Ice

Louie OK
03-10-10, 04:39
For those who like a decent hotel, you can get this hotel for just 5000 Priority Club points, until the end of March. It's like paying $25 for the room, so quite a bargain.

So how does one pay for it, via a club membership ?

Jaimito Cartero
03-10-10, 06:16
So how does one pay for it, via a club membership ?

Generally you earn points with hotel stays. There are lots of promotions, with often the opportunity to get 10k-15k for a one or two night stay. You can outright purchase points, but I think they charge 1.2 cents per point. There are some ways to get this down to .6 cents per point.

This promo was around until the hotel ran out of their rooms for this promo. It's the second time in two years that they've participated, but once the special Pointbreak deal is released, they're often gone in a day for very popular properties, or maybe a week for most other ones.

Sol111
03-13-10, 08:46
Anyone stayed at either one of these?

FoxesHunter
03-13-10, 15:29
I still don't know don't know if it better to stay 10 days in Kota or Block M area.
I still don't know what is the best place for me. But surely I know I like to rent a furnished apartment for 10 days (not very exensive). Can you give me some web sites where I can rent them in those areas?

Koperen Ko
03-16-10, 00:44
Are Accor hotels girl friendly so as to take advantage of the current super sale?
I have stayed in a number of Accor hotels in Indonesia (Ibis Slipi Jakarta (several times), Ibis Mangga Dua Jakarta, Ibis Malioboro Yogyakarta) and they were all girl friendly. I have no reason to think other Accor hotels will dislike girls :P-)

Regards,

Ko

Hung Man 1808
03-16-10, 02:21

Sure are, I've probably tested the limits, but no problems from my part..

Dorman
03-16-10, 02:54
I still don't know don't know if it better to stay 10 days in Kota or Block M area.
I still don't know what is the best place for me. But surely I know I like to rent a furnished apartment for 10 days (not very exensive). Can you give me some web sites where I can rent them in those areas?

It's been mentioned several times before but you won't go far wrong with Take's Mansions (Google it), five minutes walk from the Bank Indonesia Busway and from there twenty five minutes either direction to Kota or Blok M so you have the choice of either.

Sol111
03-16-10, 04:18
Dorman, I tried to PM you, but it says your message box is full.

Menteng
03-16-10, 15:03
It is not my habit to comment on a fellowmember. But, as I noticed that Foxeshunter keeps asking the same or silly questions without any FR since 2007, I feel I had to. He does it in other threads too!

Take his postings with a grain, or better, a sack of salt. I think he only travels in his fantasy!

FoxesHunter
03-16-10, 15:08
Take his postings with a grain, or better, a sack of salt. I think he only travels in his fantasy!

Well then... Yes sure! So that I don't spend money for condoms. ;)
Are you envious of me?

Member #4351
03-16-10, 16:10
Yes, FoxesHunter used to torture us with his posts on the Peru board as well. Luckily for us, and too bad for the Jakarta thread, he seems to have focussed his interest on Asia now.

Primo Bolan
03-16-10, 16:53
Anyone tried it? Looks nice.

FoxesHunter
03-16-10, 17:01
Yes, FoxesHunter used to torture us with his posts on the Peru board as well. Luckily for us, and too bad for the Jakarta thread, he seems to have focussed his interest on Asia now.

You have not searched sufficiently. In fact I have posted also on many others boards: Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Paraguay, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Cameroon, Indonesia, The Philippines, Southern Africa, etc. etc.

KL Guy
03-16-10, 17:30
Anyone stayed at either one of these?
Yes @ Batavia Apartments not At Aston

Member #3439
03-27-10, 15:50
I have seen many recommendations on the Mercure Rekso, so have booked a stay there. But no one has mentioned the best way to get from the airport to the Rekso, not even on travel websites.

If it is best to take a taxi, what is the typical fare? Just want to make sure that I don't get ripped off by a rigged meter or anything. I will be coming in at about noon after I figure out how to get a visa on arrival.

Thanks,

-PP

Bulai69
03-27-10, 16:42
I have seen many recommendations on the Mercure Rekso, so have booked a stay there. But no one has mentioned the best way to get from the airport to the Rekso, not even on travel websites.

If it is best to take a taxi, what is the typical fare? Just want to make sure that I don't get ripped off by a rigged meter or anything. I will be coming in at about noon after I figure out how to get a visa on arrival.

Thanks,

-PP

I recommend taxi and there is little chance of getting ripped off by an airport taxi with a meter which is "broken" - make sure he puts it on, if not tell him to stop and get out. Do NOT get a taxi from the small taxi offices you will see in front of you as you emerge from the air side. They will ask for up to Rp 500k - and I've seen guys pay it. And don't get one from the guys offering a taxi as soon as you've passed the sea of people waiting to meet passengers off the plane. By the way there are often girls waiting for "boyfriends" amongst them - if you see a likely candidate who smiles back at you just say " are you waiting for me?". 5 in 10 will say "yes".

Getting back to the taxi - go outside and ask for "Bluebird" or "Silver Bird". Silver Bird is best but slightly more expensive but personally I don't mess around - I just get one of those. It will cost you max Rp 150k to the hotel including small road tolls which the Silver Bird driver will pay. That will account for a small difference between the meter fare and what he asks you for at the end.

Look out for the Visa on arrival desk as you come in. If you see the queue at Passport control you've past it! Remember that you need to be clear how many PART days and not nights you are staying - e.g. arriving at Tuesday pm and leaving Thursday am is THREE days. If you get that wrong you'll have an expensive, time consuming problem when you leave.

El Greco
03-27-10, 18:21
Remember that you need to be clear how many PART days and not nights you are staying - e.g. arriving at Tuesday pm and leaving Thursday am is THREE days. If you get that wrong you'll have an expensive, time consuming problem when you leave.

They only issue the $25/30 days visa now. The $10/7 day one is not available any more.

Hung Man 1808
03-27-10, 18:24

Thanks,

-PP

Bulai69 was pretty spot on, though I can tell you the taxi should be about 110k from the airport to Mercure Rekso based on my trips back and forth (Bluebird rates, Silverbird will probably be at the 150k mark mentioned).

Getting the taxi: Walk out, join the queue to get a taxi, safest bet. I've found the Black and Yellow taxis (think NYC colouring) to be ok. In fact I think all of the taxis are ok from the airport since they instigated the process of taking down taxi details in case of a complaint.

Or, you could hoof it upstairs to arrival and get a taxi dropping someone off. Only one problem in about five or six gos doing that. It will be faster, and that time of day there will be enough taxis to do it. I only had to join the taxi line once because I came in around 11pm and there weren't any taxi dropping people off at that time of night!

Visa on arrival: Since the *only* visa on arrival now is 30 days, take $25 USD exactly for the visa. The offices should be fairly obvious either side of the walkway heading to the immigration desks. If you are obviously a bule, someone might point you in the direction of them if you mistakenly walk past.

One point I am happy to make: you are likely to get change in a Bluebird these days if you pull out 50k notes for a 110k fare. I've even gotten change on a non metered negotiated deal in a non Bluebird taxi in recent months! *Don't* try this in Bali though as that place is still in rip off mode and only getting worse.

Have fun. We know you will!

Dick Rambone
03-27-10, 20:35
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It looks like it is very close to the Hotel Travel.

http://www.royalregalhotel.com/royalregaljakarta.html

Non Olet
03-28-10, 12:05
Bulai69 was pretty spot on, though I can tell you the taxi should be about 110k from the airport to Mercure Rekso based on my trips back and forth (Bluebird rates, Silverbird will probably be at the 150k mark mentioned).

Getting the taxi: Walk out, join the queue to get a taxi, safest bet. I've found the Black and Yellow taxis (think NYC colouring) to be ok. In fact I think all of the taxis are ok from the airport since they instigated the process of taking down taxi details in case of a complaint.

Have fun. We know you will!

Blue Bird and Silver Bird are well indicated by clear signs once you are outside of the terminal building. Generally I experience some 10 min. waiting time for Blue Bird, but no waiting for Silver Bird. Moreover, if you are on a bussiness trip, Silver Bird can give you a receipt.

NO

Jaimito Cartero
03-29-10, 18:33
For those who have points in the Priority Club program, they just released their new hotels this morning. You can get the Crowne Plaza for 5000 points (basically $25 worth of points), per night.

Good until June 30th. These hotels are usually pulled quickly, so it may be gone in a day or week. Hard to know until they're gone.

This is a pretty decent hotel. I've stayed here before, at at $25 is a steal.

Expat Thai
03-29-10, 22:48
Manhattan - A new hotel and were doing cheap rates - the style is very modern and cosy but the rooms are small.I'm going to be making my first trip (5 nights) to Jakarta next month and I'm looking for a hotel that's clean, modern and, ideally with free in-room wifi. Guest friendly of course and anywhere in the $60-100 range.

Anyone know if the Manhattan is reasonably close to Blok M?

Without anything much to go it seems sensible I should try to stay around the Blok M area but if you old-hands know better please advise. I've spent a lot of time around Asia but mostly Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam so whilst Indonesia is new to me, I'm safe let out alone. :-))

Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated though - most of those featured in recent reports aren't really ideal.

Thanks for any help.

Sol111
03-30-10, 08:02
On my way out of the JKT airport yesterday I stopped at the counter to get a taxi into town. I normally get a silverbird, but happened to stop at the bluebird counter. They quoted a toyota corolla for 320K, and a much larger van at 190K. Odd, you would think the van would cost more. You can find cheaper, but went ahead and grabbed the van and stretched out in the back.

Menteng
03-30-10, 14:42
I'm going to be making my first trip (5 nights) to Jakarta next month and I'm looking for a hotel that's clean, modern and, ideally with free in-room wifi. Guest friendly of course and anywhere in the $60-100 range.

Anyone know if the Manhattan is reasonably close to Blok M?

Without anything much to go it seems sensible I should try to stay around the Blok M area but if you old-hands know better please advise. I've spent a lot of time around Asia but mostly Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam so whilst Indonesia is new to me, I'm safe let out alone. :-))

Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated though - most of those featured in recent reports aren't really ideal.

Thanks for any help.

Well, Manhattan is reasonable close to Blok M. But what is reasonable? Why not try Ambhara or Gran Mahakam? Ambhara is within spitting distance from the Blok M bars while Gran Mahakam is far more reasonable close to them than Manhattan is.

Expat Thai
03-30-10, 16:36
Well, Manhattan is reasonable close to Blok M. But what is reasonable? Why not try Ambhara or Gran Mahakam? Ambhara is within spitting distance from the Blok M bars while Gran Mahakam is far more reasonable close to them than Manhattan is.Thanks for your suggestion of the Mahakam. It looks very good albeit with seemingly expensive in-room internet. That's what I'll probably go for though as it's coming in at just under $80 a night on initial searches and that seems very reasonable by comparison to others I've looked at.

Jaimito Cartero
03-30-10, 17:09
On my way out of the JKT airport yesterday I stopped at the counter to get a taxi into town. I normally get a silverbird, but happened to stop at the bluebird counter. They quoted a toyota corolla for 320K, and a much larger van at 190K. Odd, you would think the van would cost more. You can find cheaper, but went ahead and grabbed the van and stretched out in the back.

Why not just get a metered Blue Bird? Depending on where you're going, it would be 100k-150k. I think even a Silverbird wouldn't be over the 190k you paid.

Bulai69
04-04-10, 13:15
You are right, Jaimito Cartero, coincidentally I made that very point just a few a days ago. I'm afraid Sol111 has been ripped off as I said. A Silver Bird (new Mercedes with a driver who knows where he is going) to the Meridien hotel is only 100k with average traffic (i.e. macet!) - say 125k with tip and road tolls max. Lesson - DO NOT get a taxi from the first guys you see in the stalls! Don't get one from the taxi touts either - just go to the taxi stands, Silver Bird or Blue Bird (usually busier but a bit cheaper). If it's really busy and you feel adventurous, go up to arrivals and flag down a taxi which has just dropped someone off. This is slightly more risky as you could get a "dodgy" one with a "broken" meter so be careful.

Also, the Silver/Blue Bird guy will give you a receipt (for any amount you want).

Anyone on an ultra tight budget can get the "Damri" which is a good air conditioned bus. Not sure how much or where it stops at th eother end.

Haggis Man
04-04-10, 14:40
Anyone on an ultra tight budget can get the "Damri" which is a good air conditioned bus. Not sure how much or where it stops at th eother end.Think it goes to Gambir next to Monas and costs 25K.

Sol111
04-05-10, 04:48
Gents, correct on the prices. I've silverbird-ed from the airport in the past for 130-150K typical one way. Just didnt feel like dickering or looking around for other taxi service for five stinking bucks.

Sol111
04-05-10, 05:21
Manga Besar. Sparks, small room. $55 nett internet rate, incl breakfast. Close to Stadium. It's... OK. While it sits clearly on Manga Besar, well-lit in green, multiple taxi drivers in the area had no clue in finding it, even when I handed them a map and directions. One night the taxi from Sparks to Stadium was 12K over (5 minutes). On the way back the driver wanted 70K (no traffic and no meter). He kept driving down back alleys, thinking I would pay for it. He didn't want to pull over to let me out, or take me back to Stadium (10 minutes of this). Finally I stopped chatting with him to see how long he would continue wasting gas. Then he went back to Stadium and dropped me off. He seemed torqued at me for not giving him any money. The next driver had a meter and it was 15k. Sheesh.

Traveller's hotel, Pangeren Jayakarta near Manga Besar. 5 drivers took me to Hotel Travel (which is nearby) in 3 days, including the driver taking me from Sparks to Traveller's. Didnt matter what I told them, they just kept going to Hotel Travel. I told them TRAVELLERZ, NOT HOTEL TRAVEL. Showed them a map with directions and address. There are even signs posted with arrows on the street near Manga Besar, every driver missed wildly. I was out with Playa one night, the 30-minute drive up from the block to MB turned into 45 minutes at 2am. This was typical. 450k nett/night for buisiness room on the website, but when I booked it thru their site it knocked the rate down to 380K -- nice. Free wifi everywhere, internet in lobby is 20K/hour for those without laptop, breakfast, seems a nice hotel. Except its a TOP SECRET hotel to the taxi drivers...

Two more taxi horrors. Picked up taxi at Travellers to Hotel Mercure Rekso. Short ride, about 8 minutes. The hotel doorman told the driver where to go. I was reading in the back. 20 minutes later I realized we were not on M Besar or near, we were heading north into Ancol. I asked the driver to turn around and showed him the address. Another 10 minutes and hes clearly lost. He asked directions several times, including when we were within sight of the Mercure. Sheesh. I gave him 1/2 of what was on the meter (being kind) for the 1-hour trip. He seemed fine with it.

From Plaza Senayan I picked up the Silverbird. Was in mood for larger car and nice aircon. Heading to Travellers hotel. Map and address for the driver. Driver was pleasant and spoke good english. Again I started reading and after a bit I noticed he was heading south instead of north. Had him turn around. Told him I would not pay for the money on the meter because of his wrong direction (he was fine with that). Traffic was awful at 5pm. It took an hour to get north to M Besar. Then he missed the hotel driveway turn-in on Jakartaraya. It took another hour in stopped traffic to get to the next turn-around and get back. Damage in time: over 2 hours. Damage on the meter: 240K. I handed him 100-110K (some bills and coins). He was apologetic and fine with it.

I didn't care for the disco's anyway. Lesson learned, stay south or central.

KL Guy
04-23-10, 07:04
Think it goes to Gambir next to Monas and costs 25K.
Yes it goes to Gambir but not sure of the pricing! ;)

Menteng
04-23-10, 14:34
Yes it goes to Gambir but not sure of the pricing! ;)

The DAMRI buses have different destinations. Those will be announced when the bus arrives at the stop. You can also read it on the sign in front of the buses.

Cooze Hound
04-26-10, 04:04
Also with the Damri buses they call the destination at the Airport, as there are 4-5 different Damri terminating destinations. Usually but not always they are written on the front of the bus also. Blok M of course is a destination, the bus stops at Blok M Plaza.

Koperen Ko
05-17-10, 00:03
Just a general comment.
I notice in many reports that posters are surprised that many Indonesians do not speak English. Well, it is not their native language and until about five years ago it was not tought in elementary school and only basically in Junior High School. Not surprisingly in a country with 195 million inhabitants, where teaching a common language is considered to be more important.
What would, for example, an American think of a tourist who came to the USA but who spoke only, for example, russian?
It is just a matter of courtesy to buy a small dictionary and/or phrasebook and to try to speak a little Indonesian. You will be surprised how much this is appreciated by the Indonesians.

Bkk212
05-20-10, 15:33
Hi,
For those of you looking for a reasonable budget hotel you can try Smart Hotel.
On my last night in JKT I stayed there and the rooms were clean, comfortable but small. Tv in room small and had some English programs not a lot. Free Wi-fi in rooms.
The hotel is right on the maind road near the Toksari busway station, less than a minute walking.

Bkk212
05-20-10, 15:38
Hi,
For those of you looking for a budget hotel near the busway try Smart Hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable but small. There is a small TV with limited English channels and free Wi-fi.
It's within walking distance to the Toksari busway station and you can walk to Plaza Indonesia.

It's definitely no frills but reasonable.

Non Olet
05-20-10, 19:37
Just a general comment.
I notice in many reports that posters are surprised that many Indonesians do not speak English. Well, it is not their native language and until about five years ago it was not tought in elementary school and only basically in Junior High School. Not surprisingly in a country with 195 million inhabitants, where teaching a common language is considered to be more important.
What would, for example, an American think of a tourist who came to the USA but who spoke only, for example, russian?
It is just a matter of courtesy to buy a small dictionary and/or phrasebook and to try to speak a little Indonesian. You will be surprised how much this is appreciated by the Indonesians.

Hear, hear, I fully agree. Considering that far more people in the world speak spanish than english, how many english speakers can communicate with latin americans in spanish in their own country? Moreover, speaking some words of bahassa Indonesia increases the fun considerably.

NO

Mega Borneo
05-20-10, 20:38
Hi Guys,

Do you know any hot spot around or within this Gren Alia Hotel in Cikini? I'm going the today arriving there around 8pm LT. Any call girls willing to come to this hotel?

Menteng
05-20-10, 22:17
Considering that far more people in the world speak spanish than english, how many english speakers can communicate with latin americans in spanish in their own country? Moreover, speaking some words of bahassa Indonesia increases the fun considerably.

NO

I do agree about the fun part but I doubt that there are far more Spanish speaking people in the world. South America minus Brasil (!), Morroco, and Spain are the places that come to my mind. English is spoken in the USA, a great part of Canada and Great Britain. Not to mention South Africa and Zimbabwe.
I'f never met a Spanish speaking native in Indonesia so Jaimito Cartero and I could communicate freely when we don't want others to know what we are talking about.

Member #3088
05-21-10, 01:47
I do agree about the fun part but I doubt that there are far more Spanish speaking people in the world. South America minus Brasil (!), Morroco, and Spain are the places that come to my mind. English is spoken in the USA, a great part of Canada and Great Britain. Not to mention South Africa and Zimbabwe.
I'f never met a Spanish speaking native in Indonesia so Jaimito Cartero and I could communicate freely when we don't want others to know what we are talking about.Most common language in the world, by far, is Chinese, with both English and Spanish a distant second (or third), depending upon which authority you believe. Better luck learning indonesian or spanish than Chinese, guys!

Member #2041
05-21-10, 07:45
Most common language in the world, by far, is Chinese, with both English and Spanish a distant second (or third), depending upon which authority you believe. Better luck learning indonesian or spanish than Chinese, guys!
Chinese is not one language, it's about a dozen different ones that are different enough that most are unintelligible to speakers of the others. Mandarin is by far the largest language of China, and perhaps 850-900 million people speak it as their primary language, but only another 300 million or so speak it as a secondary language. Other significant dialects include Cantonese, Wu, and Min, which are each spoken by 50-100 million people. These different Chinese dialects are no more the same language than Latin, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese are the same language.

I would guess that many more than 1 billion people speak English, although not as their primary language. Just the US, England, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia would together represent at least 400 Million English speakers as their primary language, and probably another 800-900 Million folks speak English as a secondary language because of it's dominance in world commerce.

Spanish has about the same number of folks who speak it as their primary language as English (something around 400 Million native speakers), but far fewer speak it as a second language than speak English.

In terms of native speakers, Mandarin is 1st, with English and Spanish approximately tied for second, with around half as many as Mandarin, but in terms of total speakers, English probably can claim more folks who speak it than Mandarin, with Spanish a very distant third.

Tommy Suharto
05-21-10, 10:21
Hi Guys,

Do you know any hot spot around or within this Gren Alia Hotel in Cikini? I'm going the today arriving there around 8pm LT. Any call girls willing to come to this hotel?
Hi Mega Borneo,

The hotel is part of the Alia group, right? Don't know it myself, but they're nice hotels, so plenty of girls that are happy to accompany you there- would not recommend you taking a call girl.

For hotspots- you're almost next to Hotel Menteng 2, where you can go to the Tiga Kuda bar (three horses, sometimes pronounced as the "Tree house") and pick up some nice freelancing bar girls. It starts after 11pm.

Cikini is very central, so there's plenty of other stuff to try around, like Jalan Jaksa.
-enjoy.

Member #2041
05-27-10, 06:27
What's the general opinion of the overall convenience for mongering of the location of Le Meridien? I'll be in Jakarta in October, and I have a boatload of SPG points and Le Meridien seems to be noticeably nicer than the Sheraton, from what I've heard (and both are cheap with SPG points as Cat 1s). But other than the fact that it has a high end nightclub with talent on the premises, how far is it from other more reasonably priced venues? I can't seem to find how far the place is from Blok M or other places where there will be lots of choices available for take out?

Gonzo Two
05-27-10, 10:17
What's the general opinion of the overall convenience for mongering of the location of Le Meridien?

It's quite a good location. It's not more than 20 minutes away from Blok M by taxi at night after eleven. Down to Kota is always a pain, but you are right in front of a Busway stop, so if you are up to it - not too challenging - the Busway would be a good way to go down north for the later afternoon/early evening places. Meridien is also reasonably close to Plaza Indonesia and Senayan, which are two of the best malls.

Hott4Play
05-27-10, 19:32
I have heard about this hotel

... need feedback

Dharmawangsa Hotel
Brawijaya Raya No.26
Kebayoran Baru
South Jakarta 12160

Mighty Spearsman
05-28-10, 17:01
What's the general opinion of the overall convenience for mongering of the location of Le Meridien? I'll be in Jakarta in October, and I have a boatload of SPG points and Le Meridien seems to be noticeably nicer than the Sheraton, from what I've heard (and both are cheap with SPG points as Cat 1s). But other than the fact that it has a high end nightclub with talent on the premises, how far is it from other more reasonably priced venues? I can't seem to find how far the place is from Blok M or other places where there will be lots of choices available for take out?
The Hotel Le Meridien is the preferred hotel for respected senior member Bulai69, which should tell you all you need to know! He wrote a post about it a couple of years ago.

By the way, late at night when there's not as much traffic, it's usually a 10-minute taxi ride from Blok M.

Also, the next time I'm visiting Jakarta, Le Meridien will be my first choice. And yes, Le Meridien is much nicer than the Sheraton that's in town (the Sheraton at the airport is nice but is obviously not a convenient location for in-town mongering).

Prosal
05-28-10, 19:46
Also, the next time I'm visiting Jakarta, Le Meridien will be my first choice. And yes, Le Meridien is much nicer than the Sheraton that's in town (the Sheraton at the airport is nice but is obviously not a convenient location for in-town mongering).
I also kind of like the place, but swimming pool is tiny and shadowed, which is, for me, a turn-off.

I have heard about this hotel

... need feedback

Dharmawangsa Hotel
Brawijaya Raya No.26
Kebayoran Baru
South Jakarta 12160
Dharmawangsa was part of the "Leading Hotels of the World". Difficult to find a more delightful and exclusive place in town.

Also Kebayoran is undoubtedly the most enjoyable neighborhood in JKT.

Nonetheless if you enjoy parading in your hotel with Block M skanks, forget about the place. The upper-class Indonesians(high-powered business people, celebrities, models, artists, politicians, ect) who assiduously frequent the Dharmawangsa lounges and restaurants will look down on you like if you were a cockroach, which will not add to your stay pleasure.

Menteng
05-30-10, 16:09
Hi, I'm thinking to rent a furnished apartment for one or two weeks in Jakarta. After a long time search on Internet I think it is impossible to rent a furnished apartment in Jakarta. I like enough cheap aroud $250 every week. Can you help me please? Do you know some email where I can rent apartments on Internet?
Thanks, Poturu
Brothers, beware! It's Poturu's asking-time again. He will only travel in his imagination, so all the answers you give is a waste of time. For years now, he has never posted an FR, although claiming that he has been all over the world. As for this latest question, he could re-RTFF, use the "search" function or Google!

WestCoast1
05-30-10, 17:18
Hi, I'm thinking to rent a furnished apartment for one or two weeks in Jakarta. After a long time search on Internet I think it is impossible to rent a furnished apartment in Jakarta. I like enough cheap aroud $250 every week. Can you help me please? Do you know some email where I can rent apartments on Internet?

Thanks, PoturuPot, a decent hotel in Jakarta (which will not have a kitchen) will run you about $500-800 for a week. Atlet, Sari Pan, Ambhara. You are not going to find a furnished place (that is of any quality) in that price range.

Member #4351
05-30-10, 17:48
Must be related to FoxesHunter.

Xovation
05-31-10, 05:05
I am currently staying at Park Lane hotel. I guess it is in the southern part of JKT (since I arrived, I lost the sense of directions hehe). Anyway, here few things FYI:

Price: 590K (no breakfast- 610k with) I've used KAHA at the airport. Although I arrived from Bali to terminal 3, I took the airport shuttle to terminal 2 where KAHA is located. I recommend doing the same.

Quality and services: The hotel is relevantly nice and clean. Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated as the hotel is suppose to be 5 stars. But i would give it 4.

Service is very nice and timely. However room-service is a bit pricey.

Health club: provide gym and massage service. The massage costs 190k for an hour. U can have it either at the SPA or at ur room. (more details? well, ladies offer u hand-relief for about 200k-100k depending on ur negotiation skills).

Room: king size bed, nice desk, and large bathroom which is a plus. Internet connection provided (cable) but a bit high in price. 85k for 24hrs. or 500k for a week.

Location: as I said, it is in the southern part of the city. about 5 min drive (off peak) to Le Meridian hotel, Fortune Massage, Ambassador Mall (a bit old), and reletavily close to many other landmarks.

What else? hmmmm, oh yah, girl-friendly that is for sure.

The hotel has a club in the basement. A bit pricey though (110k for a corona - go figure!) few girls usually hang out there (non interested me).

I will be here for two more days. If u guys have any question let me know.

Also, if anyone has been here before, I would appreciate it if you guide me to another massage (soapy) places nearby. or at least tell me how far Kartika massage parlour is and how I can get there?

Bulai69
06-07-10, 22:26
As my friend Mighty Spearsman says, Le Meridien is a pretty good compromise location. The staff are very friendly and helpful and it's only 10 minutes (regardless of traffic) from Plaza Indonesia. It's girl-friendly - but virtually all hotels are. The night club (Tiga Puluh) has declined severly and hardly worth going to but occasionaly, there a few worthwhile girls in there.

In house massage (in your room) is usually very good but the girls ask ludicrous prices (usually 1 million) for a HJ. They will settle for maybe 400 which is still a lot but it's difficult to say no.

Mighty Spearsman
06-08-10, 17:11
Thanks, Poturu
One option would be to rent a serviced apartment at Somerset Grand Citra (across from Mal Ambasador, near the Marriott) or else check out the Executive Menteng Apartments. However, both will be outside your budget.

Pelosky
06-09-10, 00:25
It's girl-friendly - but virtually all hotels are.

Hello Bulai69, any feedback about the new Kempinski ? Is it GF ? Regarding an earlier post about the Dharmawangsa, I would definitely agree that bringing a Blok M girl is probably not a good idea. But if you come in with a classier girl who looks the part, would the locals still make you uncomfortable and would you describe the hotel as GF anyway ?

On another note, I'm sad to read that Tiga Puluh has gone downhill, as it probably was (a few years ago) my favourite club, and for the type of girls I was looking for (Indonesian Chinese) it was better than BATS or CJ (of course IMHO). Which is the place you like most ? And which is the best for Indonesian Chinese ?

Many thanks,

Pelosky

Jaimito Cartero
06-09-10, 02:15
I try to bring all the tarted up chicas to the 5 star hotels I stay at. I'm not going to be stuffing my big meat hooks down her panties in the lobby, but I think worrying about not offending the gente might be going too far.

Ozztraleearr
06-09-10, 11:40
I am happy to be able to provide details of a new hotel at Blok M.

Name is Pacific Blue - part of the Griyadi Chain.

Location - forgive me for not knowing the exact street name but it is on the same street as Bali Hai (now known as the Club??). So what we are talking about here is a hotel 2 minutes walk from Faletehan.

Three types of room - don't know their specific designation but the smallest runs at around 320 rb per evening, the middle 550 rb and the largest I believe is around the million mark.

Free wifi provided in room.

I stayed there with my Indo friend the whole time no problems.

Breakfast is available - it was ok - coffee, eggs, juice.

Laundry is available.

The 550 rb room is recommended - decent size if you are staying a few nights - the smallest room may be a potential venue for short time action.

Rooms are clean - beds were comfortable. Bathrooms nice although not too much hot water and water pressure left a lot to be desired.

In forum members need the number of the hotel let me know and I will see if I can find their business card.

Cheers

FieldMouse
06-11-10, 03:34
Just doing a whirlwind tour of jak so thought I would update things as I go.

Spent 2 nights at the MEGA ANGGREK hotel near Taman Anggrek mall. 3 star, a bit run of the mill and I don't think they see many bule there, but room was comfortable enuf, breakfast was good, though mainly asian in presentation but still enough western content to suit all taste. Cost was AU$56 for a superior delux room incl breakfast. This is a good hotel if you want to monger around taman anggrek, ciputra or grogol areas and not pay the cost of hotel ciputra etc. The local karaoke lounge was pretty much what you would expect, a few young gilrs, some ok looking, all keen to meet their future there heheh. I would go back again. Plenty of bluebird cabs available all day/nite, and all nite room service. Checked out the spa/massage, pretty exy for where it was and the tukang pijat were close to out of date, if you get my meaning.

Last night I stayed at Maharadja in Pancoran. Mmmmm, do you beleive in coincideces? This is the 3rd time over 5 years I have stayed here, and this is the 3rd time I have got the same room. Hello, big brother, paranoid people are following me. This place reminds me of a horse, its racing days are over and it needs a vet to put it down. IDR485000 per night inc breakfast, but its nothing flash. I didn't do any mongering last nite. They apparantly have a karaoke bar, I went looking at 10pm but couldn't hear any strained voices, or duff duff music, so I guess its down in the carpark.

For the next 2 nights I am staying at blue pacific in blok m, the new one. Its onl Jl Sultan Hasanuddin, and its nr is 021 7228660. Cost for cheapest room, the only ones left being I left it till Friday to book, are IDR 385000 nett, but no breakfast. I sure as hell hope its girl friendly, but will report back next week on my findings.

God I love being back in Jak.

FieldMouse
06-11-10, 03:36

Location - forgive me for not knowing the exact street name but it is on the same street as Bali Hai (now known as the Club??). So what we are talking about here is a hotel 2 minutes walk from Faletehan.

CheersIts on Jl Sultan Hasanuddin, n r 42, ph 0217228660. I will give a report on this next week, staying there the weekend.

FreebieFan
06-11-10, 05:33
as my friend mighty spearsman says, le meridien is a pretty good compromise location. the staff are very friendly and helpful and it's only 10 minutes (regardless of traffic) from plaza indonesia. it's girl-friendly - but virtually all hotels are. the night club (tiga puluh) has declined severly and hardly worth going to but occasionaly, there a few worthwhile girls in there.

in house massage (in your room) is usually very good but the girls ask ludicrous prices (usually 1 million) for a hj. they will settle for maybe 400 which is still a lot but it's difficult to say no.the best part of le meridien tho is the way that the rooms can all be seen from your room, thanks to the you shape employed in one of the blocks.

on countless ocassions i've left the drapes open, started a little play with the chica du jour and whether she knew it not, had many guys standing in their rooms watching here disrobement. in most cases the girls were happy to make a show. sad guys all alone in their rooms, pc's open, probably went to bed for a wank after wards.

tigah pulah. nothing sadder than seeing a nightclub nearly empty with only strays and waifs. maybe too many africans who turn up after midnight spoilt its image?

SoftLover
06-13-10, 18:27

Three types of room - don't know their specific designation but the smallest runs at around 320 rb per evening, the middle 550 rb and the largest I believe is around the million mark.

Free wifi provided in room.

I stayed there with my Indo friend the whole time no problems.

Breakfast is available - it was ok - coffee, eggs, juice.

Laundry is available.

The 550 rb room is recommended - decent size if you are staying a few nights - the smallest room may be a potential venue for short time action.

Rooms are clean - beds were comfortable. Bathrooms nice although not too much hot water and water pressure left a lot to be desired.

In forum members need the number of the hotel let me know and I will see if I can find their business card.

Cheers

Here it is:

Jl. Sultan Hasanudin No. 42 Blok M
Kebayoran Baru - Jakarta Selatan
Telp : (62-21) 7228660
Fax: (62-21) 7398548
Email : bluepacific@sahidhotels.com

also at http://sahid.co.id/files/14-1096-4825,r355.php

Bkk212
06-13-10, 19:37
Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Media Hotel lately?

What's the rating on the rooms, facilities, TV, gym etc.

Is this hotel close to similar places such as TG and My Bar?
Thanks.

Prosal
06-13-10, 19:42
Hi,

Thanks.You can't find further off to Block M (My Bar).

A nice hotel though. Good value for money indeed. The minus, besides its location, is that swimming pool is inevitably very windy due to its proximity to the sea and its exposition.

There was on basement floor a club/karaoke, the Yacht Club, where famous singers performed almost weekly (and which was filled with hostesses on weekdays). Saw Kris Dayanti there (her song Mencintaimu remains one of the most romantic song ever BTW!). It was a great place for scoring non-pros on weekends. I don't know if it is still operating though.

John Aldrich
06-14-10, 14:30
Hi,

Thanks.Sheraton Media is in North Jakarta while My bar and Top Gun is in South Jakarta. I think now the going rate for the hotel is @ USD 85 to 95 at the Kaha counter. In case you want to visit TG and My bar, would suggest that you stay in SOuth Jakarta, like AMbhara or even Le Meridien is ok. Crowne Plaza is available for around USD 75 or 80 on the net, but you will get it cheaper at KAHA.

Cheers

FoxesHunter
06-14-10, 17:30
Hi, in July-august I will stay in Jakarta for 10 days and I cannot spend much money for sleeping at an expensive hotel; I hope to find a cheap hotel, but certainly it will not have Internet wifi connection. Do you know if will be easy to get Internet access by USB pen drive? Will it be easy to buy an Internet chip to put on my netbook? I have an international USB pen drive.
thanks for your info,
Fox

Fast Eddie 48
06-15-10, 03:54
Hi, in July-August I will stay in Jakarta for 10 days and I cannot spend much money for sleeping at an expensive hotel; I hope to find a cheap hotel, but certainly it will not have Internet wifi connection. Do you know if will be easy to get Internet access by USB pen drive? Will it be easy to buy an Internet chip to put on my netbook? I have an international USB pen drive.

Thanks for your info,

FoxFOX,

I am not sure what is your budget, I like Mecure or spark hotel but they are over 55 USD a night, there are cheap hotel near hotel travel at Loposari plaza like just around the corner the Olympic hotel is 38 USD a night but a 2 star motel very noisy from the KTV at night and hotel travel is even worst.

Fast Eddie 48

FieldMouse
06-17-10, 10:46
Ok, spent 2 nights there. The small rooms are SMALL ROOMS, but big enough for any activity that your likely to get up to. Modern, all a/c, clean. The only lift is right in front of reception, so when you come home at 2am with your take-away under your arm, you do get the reception staff looking, but nothing was said.

Internet on the 2nd floor was bad, the only way I could get internet was by leaving my room and sitting on chair in front of lift to get a decent signal. I didn't try the resto/bar, so cannot advise on cost or standards of meals.

One interesting thing, you cannot turn the main foyer light off, you hae to remove the card from the slot to turn that light off, which also cuts power to ac and tv. No prob if you can sleep with the light on, but would be hot and stuffy in the ac was not working.

Cost was 375000 a night, a fair price for wot you get and the location. I would like to try bigger room next time, but would stay there again.

Fieldy.

Menteng
06-17-10, 15:47
Hi, in July-august I will stay in Jakarta for 10 days and I cannot spend much money for sleeping at an expensive hotel; I hope to find a cheap hotel, but certainly it will not have Internet wifi connection. Do you know if will be easy to get Internet access by USB pen drive? Will it be easy to buy an Internet chip to put on my netbook? I have an international USB pen drive.
thanks for your info,
Fox
Please brothers in arms in Jkt. Guide him and meet him when he is in Jkt. Offer him or invite him for a drink so some of us will know if Foxeshunter does travel in reality. Brother JAD, MS, Smoothy, Ebowan, Dorman, John, etc, etc, and other locals(expats) please!

John Aldrich
06-17-10, 19:23
thanks for your info,
Fox
The best place for you would be Jalan Jaksa. You could get rooms starting from USD 8 to USD 15. Yes, you can get Internet access by pen drive. And the girls would also be pretty cheap out there. Let me know when you are arriving and the flight details. I will be there to pick you up in the airport, since Menteng has recommended very strongly to host you.

Cheers

Bbfs Hunter
06-18-10, 01:08
Hi All,

I will be heading into Jakarta next month on the 12th.

I Am interested in mall hunting, clubbing and the occasional mcdonald pickup.

Trying to stay at a good hotel in very centrum area. Out of these and others, could anyone recommend me? I know I'm a newb here, but I have posted reports on another forum, and if anyone has questions about Bucharesti, Shanghai or Seoul they can ask me. Also can refer anyone for NYC mongering as I am from there.

From going through the pages here, it seems like top choices are:

Atlet Century Park

(Nice beds for sex). Backdoor senayan entrance to avoid WoS.

Mulia

(Luxury but beds too soft)

CJ's right below for hot ceweks pickup

Ibis Tamari

Good price and GF. Does anyone know how the location compares to Mulia and atlet?

Le Meridien

Good pick up right in the hotel bar. But location seems far from BlokM and Plazas?

ShangriLa

BATS.

But I stayed at the shangrila in shanghai and Hong Kong. Seemed overprice for services they offer there.

How is it in jakarta?

Also, if anyone would like to meet up, please let me know. We'll make it a blast.

John Aldrich
06-18-10, 17:05
mmm .... but what is your price? ;) ;)

Sorry Poturu, I am not, " that type". I am " Straight"

Cheers

Huntingme
06-18-10, 17:35
I am in JKT now, last night.

I like the Shangri La but it is not convenient to me with no malls nearby. BATS is nice but last time I was here, 6 months ago, there were more men than girls.

Not sure about Le Meridien's Tiga Puluh though, 6 months ago is was really quiet.

Hi All,

I will be heading into Jakarta next month on the 12th.

I Am interested in mall hunting, clubbing and the occasional mcdonald pickup.

Trying to stay at a good hotel in very centrum area. Out of these and others, could anyone recommend me? I know I'm a newb here, but I have posted reports on another forum, and if anyone has questions about Bucharesti, Shanghai or Seoul they can ask me. Also can refer anyone for NYC mongering as I am from there.

From going through the pages here, it seems like top choices are:

Atlet Century Park

(Nice beds for sex). Backdoor senayan entrance to avoid WoS.

Mulia

(Luxury but beds too soft)

CJ's right below for hot ceweks pickup

Ibis Tamari

Good price and GF. Does anyone know how the location compares to Mulia and atlet?

Le Meridien

Good pick up right in the hotel bar. But location seems far from BlokM and Plazas?

ShangriLa

BATS.

But I stayed at the shangrila in shanghai and Hong Kong. Seemed overprice for services they offer there.

How is it in jakarta?

Also, if anyone would like to meet up, please let me know. We'll make it a blast.

Menteng
06-19-10, 04:42
thanks for your info,
Fox

Foxeshunter, I think the least you could do when you arrive in Jakarta is to invite one of the brothers who provided you with information, for a beer to show your gratitude.

Menteng
06-19-10, 04:43
mmm .... but what is your price? ;) ;)

If you have ever been to Jakarta you will know.

Menteng
06-19-10, 04:56
Le Meridien

lso, if anyone would like to meet up, please let me know. We'll make it a blast.

From the recent FR's I can conclude that Tiga Puluh in Le Meridien is not what it used to be for picking up. I do know that LM is not next to Blok M, but it is not very far either. Ambhara and Pacific Blue or the Melawai hotels are nearer. Also, there are a couple of Plaza's not far from LM. If your purpose is to do mall-hunting, I believe there have been FR's on Plaza Indonesia and Plaza Senayan or even Plaza Semanggi.
BTW, anybody any info on that rather new shopping center at the opposite of Plaza Indonesia? B69?

Hung Man 1808
06-19-10, 05:14
Go for Atlet. Walk to Red Square and X2 clubs, as well as Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, FX and even Pacific Place. short taxi ride to BATS, CJs and Blok M. Good hotel, but less value for money compared to years past.

Considering your name, you may consider Mercure Rekso in Kota, as the clubs/ bars/ shops with younger/ more willing girls are all within walking distance of that place.

Hung Man 1808
06-19-10, 05:17
BTW, anybody any info on that rather new shopping center at the opposite of Plaza Indonesia? B69?

Grand Indonesia is .. Grand. However, not even had a glance when there, but I've only ever picked up in Plaza Senayan. I'm not B69 I guess.. ;)

KL Guy
06-20-10, 12:00
Some reports from here shows that some pick up is possible from Grand Indonesia Mall. The foodcourt is patronised by mainly the middle & rich income group but I've seen many SYT there too!

Bkk212
06-21-10, 18:04
Hi,
Stayed 2 nights at the Merylnn hotel in the 'harmoni' area, it's within walking distance to Carrefour.

New rooms, clean rooms, BIG screen tv's I mean big screen 42" flat screen, lots of English channels, has a gym but limited weights, they said that the sauna and steam room is under construction.

Negatives: the service, it's really poor, apart from the hello and good morning from everyone, it's really bad. Ex. I tried to read the newspaper from the bar, it was about 11:00pm at night and the bar was dark. I stepped out into the lighted area not even .1 metre from the bar actually on the steps and someone raced, I mean raced over to me to take the paper away. I am not joking it actually happened to me. Can't see that a Jakarta Post has such top secrets.

Their are other examples but overall a good clean hotel but really poor service.

Now I am at the Akmani and as previously reported claen rooms but now has dirty towels and the service is also very poor. If I want to watch the soccer on the TV downstairs I can't bring any food or drinks. As I was told they have to charge me.

Can't really accept this one so now I am going to the clubs to watch the soccer.

Some advice on hotels, and I have stayed at many in JKT, stay at the Ambhara service beyond expectation.

Also, note about Kaha, for those of you who are happy when 'con' by Indonesians then don't read on.

When buying vouchers from Kaha be very careful at the branch in Blok M.
I have dealt 3 times with the same girl at that office and each time she attempted to cheat me.

I suggest buying at Gambir, even the airport is suspect.

But my example: I had some time so I decided to try Gambir first before going to Blok M. At Gambir I was quoted 570,000 IDR for a hotel 1 person/breakfast.

Went to Blok M and asked the same questions got 620,000 IDR for the same hotel when I asked if it was for 1 or 2 persons I was told 1 person, that's wrong the 620,000 IDR price is for 2 persons.

Why does this make a difference, well I don't like to be cheated for those of you who have the attitude it's only $5.00 ... so no problem as I said don't read this.

Remember KAHA issues vouchers with no prices on them. Here's the math I pay for 1 person at 620,000 for 10 days. She writes up the voucher for 1 person and that's 50,000 * 10 that she pockets.

Yes I know that's acceptable to some of you who have expense accounts But I don't have such.
I have been to JKT about 15 times in the 5 years and always buy from Kaha or Indotel (first few times) but I always to check their quotes before I buy.

And this is only 1 example.

Luft Butt
06-23-10, 15:40
Hi guys,

I was reserved from my client next July at Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading; I do not know how it is and if there is any mongering action. Does anyone of you know something about this hotel?

Thanks!

Bulai69
06-26-10, 19:10
I've been in a few times and never scored but given the ratio of likely candidates in there compared with PI or PS it's not surprising. Picking up girls in up-market malls is pretty time-consuming but nevertheless worth worth it if you have the time to spare - something to do with the excitement of the chase. Of course it doesn't interest everyone.

Bbfs Hunter
06-26-10, 23:43
Go for Atlet. Walk to Red Square and X2 clubs, as well as Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, FX and even Pacific Place. short taxi ride to BATS, CJs and Blok M. Good hotel, but less value for money compared to years past.

Considering your name, you may consider Mercure Rekso in Kota, as the clubs/ bars/ shops with younger/ more willing girls are all within walking distance of that place.Hi Hungman, Thank you for the info, i appreciate it.

I took your advice to mind and decided to book 5 nights stay in MR in kota and 7 nights in atlet. Diversity is always good.

Mighty Spearsman
06-29-10, 19:37
Hi guys,

I was reserved from my client next July at Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading; I do not know how it is and if there is any mongering action. Does anyone of you know something about this hotel?

Thanks!
Kelapa Gading is a recently-developed neighborhood in the northeastern part of Jakarta. Virtually everything here is new - 10 years ago this area was all rice paddies.

The problem here is that it's pretty far away from most of the mongering destinations in Jakarta - even late at night, it could take 45 minutes or more to reach there from Blok M/Plaza Indonesia, etc. Even the Kuta/northern Jakarta destinations such as Hotel Travel, Kartika, Berlian, Stadium, etc. are at least 20 minutes away by taxi at night, longer during the daytime (depending on traffic).

There are a few upscale massage spas in Kelapa Gading, such as Sumo Shiatsu, Delta and a few others, all located in the same block area off of one of the main east-west drags.

There are a couple of large shopping malls next to the highway, might be possible for you to find some young cuties while mall-hunting there.

Sorry, I don't know anything specific about this particular Harris Hotel, but if it's anything like the other Harris Hotels in Jakarta, then it will be clean, have decent service, be girl-friendly, have a massage spa that offers in-room massage service, and you may find a girl or two in the lobby late at night.

Good luck!

Luft Butt
06-30-10, 08:38
Kelapa Gading is a recently-developed neighborhood in the northeastern part of Jakarta. Virtually everything here is new - 10 years ago this area was all rice paddies.

The problem here is that it's pretty far away from most of the mongering destinations in Jakarta - even late at night, it could take 45 minutes or more to reach there from Blok M/Plaza Indonesia, etc. Even the Kuta/northern Jakarta destinations such as Hotel Travel, Kartika, Berlian, Stadium, etc. are at least 20 minutes away by taxi at night, longer during the daytime (depending on traffic).

There are a few upscale massage spas in Kelapa Gading, such as Sumo Shiatsu, Delta and a few others, all located in the same block area off of one of the main east-west drags.

There are a couple of large shopping malls next to the highway, might be possible for you to find some young cuties while mall-hunting there.

Sorry, I don't know anything specific about this particular Harris Hotel, but if it's anything like the other Harris Hotels in Jakarta, then it will be clean, have decent service, be girl-friendly, have a massage spa that offers in-room massage service, and you may find a girl or two in the lobby late at night.

Good luck!Thanks a lot for your good info! I will give a look to the shopping malls next to the hotel. After a long working day it is too much again 45 min to hit Block M.

Thanks again by the way!

Bbbbig
07-02-10, 19:12
Any one knows in kota where can find the hour room (I mean hotel) for short time ML?

Have any recommendation?thanks a lot

Koperen Ko
07-03-10, 15:01
Hi,

<SNIP>

Some advice on hotels, and I have stayed at many in JKT, stay at the Ambhara service beyond expectation.

Also, note about Kaha, for those of you who are happy when 'con' by Indonesians then don't read on.

When buying vouchers from Kaha be very careful at the branch in Blok M.
I have dealt 3 times with the same girl at that office and each time she attempted to cheat me.

I suggest buying at Gambir, even the airport is suspect.

But my example: I had some time so I decided to try Gambir first before going to Blok M. At Gambir I was quoted 570,000 IDR for a hotel 1 person/breakfast.

Went to Blok M and asked the same questions got 620,000 IDR for the same hotel when I asked if it was for 1 or 2 persons I was told 1 person, that's wrong the 620,000 IDR price is for 2 persons.

Why does this make a difference, well I don't like to be cheated for those of you who have the attitude it's only $5.00 ... so no problem as I said don't read this.

Remember KAHA issues vouchers with no prices on them. Here's the math I pay for 1 person at 620,000 for 10 days. She writes up the voucher for 1 person and that's 50,000 * 10 that she pockets.

Yes I know that's acceptable to some of you who have expense accounts But I don't have such.
I have been to JKT about 15 times in the 5 years and always buy from Kaha or Indotel (first few times) but I always to check their quotes before I buy.

And this is only 1 example.

I read that many ISG members use KAHA and then quote prices of 500 - 600 - 700 k per night for rooms.
I never make reservations and go straight to a hotel in the area I want to stay in for a giver period. I have never been told that the hotel was fully booked and I never pay more than 500 k for a room. Ibis Slipi, Atlet Century, Sparks, Ambhara are my experience in JKT. In Bandung I stayed in the Savoy Homann a few times and the first time they were full in the category room I wanted. That time I grinned and asked what was the next category. Also full. What is the next highest? "We have one and you will pay the rate of your original request". Fine by me.
The last two times in Atlet I was upgraded because I had stayed there before. Hotels prefer straight bookings, because it saves them paying commisions.

Dave451
07-05-10, 19:35
I am visiting Jakarta in a couple of weeks. Staying Wednesday night and leaving Thursday late evening and want to make the most of it.

- Where's a good place to stay, near the action
- Where do I pick up for ST/LT Wednesday night
- Where do I get either an in-call or FS massage on Thursday afternoon, after I've checked out of the hotel.

Thanks

Paul C
07-05-10, 22:00
For those staying at the Mercure Rekso, here are walking directions to Hotel Travel (I couldn't find this on the board and had to find out the hard way):

1) After exiting the hotel, go left (south on Hayam Wuruk).

2) At the first intersection, turn left (east on Mangga Besar).

3) Walk around 1km you get to Mangga Besar 8 (intersection after Hotel Astika), turn right.

4) Cross the street and Hotel Travel will be on the left side.

Takes around 15-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

Fast Eddie 48
07-06-10, 23:55
For those staying at the Mercure Rekso, here are walking directions to Hotel Travel (I couldn't find this on the board and had to find out the hard way):

1) After exiting the hotel, go left (south on Hayam Wuruk).

2) At the first intersection, turn left (east on Mangga Besar).

3) Walk around 1km you get to Mangga Besar 8 (intersection after Hotel Astika), turn right.

4) Cross the street and Hotel Travel will be on the left side.

Takes around 15-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk.Peter,

Myself and other member have post directions from Mercure to Hotel travel before, it is only about a 15 min walk I take the taxi there the first time cost me 20k got rip off.

Fast Eddie 48

Koperen Ko
07-18-10, 01:16
I stayed at Sparks Hotel recently for 3 nights, since I heard about fun activities there (Swimming pool parties, sexy dancers in the bar, etc).
I can not comment on activities at the swimming pool, since there weren't any when I stayed there.
Sexy dancers: I went into the R'n B bar in the hotel one evening and after some difficulty (my eyes needed adjusting to the almost total lack of lighting in the bar) I found a seat near the stage. At that moment there was a live band performing with two delicious female singers in lovely tight leather pants moving on stage. Not at all bad to look at.
After that the sexy dancers came on stage. A group of six girls gyrating more or less in tune with the music and gradually getting rid of their garments. During the first set they only went topless. One of the girls, the only one wearing a string instead of tiny knickers, focused her attention on me. Probably because I was the only bule in the bar that evening. After their set the girls mingled with the crowd in the bar and tried to persuade them to buy them "ladies drinks"(watered down tequilla) in exchange for lap dances.
The string girl, her name is Ayu, stayed topless, came to sit on my lap and invited me to become intimate after asking me to buy her drinks. She was a very tasty looking girl, so who was I to refuse. Every drink cost IDR 50,000 (approx. EUR 0.40) so damage was slight.
After a few drinks, some of which I received back myself after dfk with Ayu, and a lot of fondling and kissing her breasts, I started to move her string aside and finger her pussy. No objections there, so I continued deep french kissing her, fondling her breasts and shoving my fingers up her pussy to the hilt. I know the reacrion is purely phsical, but she got dripping wet. I liked it.
Unfortunately, house rules forbid the dancers to come to clients' rooms.
Damn!
I resorted to pick up a girl Blok M. Very satisfying.

Ko

Jaimito Cartero
07-18-10, 03:27
I'd recheck your currency calculator as 50k IDR is NOT .40 Euros.

Sounds like an interesting time, though.

I stayed at Sparks Hotel recently for 3 nights, since I heard about fun activities there (Swimming pool parties, sexy dancers in the bar, etc).
I can not comment on activities at the swimming pool, since there weren't any when I stayed there.
Sexy dancers: I went into the R'n B bar in the hotel one evening and after some difficulty (my eyes needed adjusting to the almost total lack of lighting in the bar) I found a seat near the stage. At that moment there was a live band performing with two delicious female singers in lovely tight leather pants moving on stage. Not at all bad to look at.
After that the sexy dancers came on stage. A group of six girls gyrating more or less in tune with the music and gradually getting rid of their garments. During the first set they only went topless. One of the girls, the only one wearing a string instead of tiny knickers, focused her attention on me. Probably because I was the only bule in the bar that evening. After their set the girls mingled with the crowd in the bar and tried to persuade them to buy them "ladies drinks"(watered down tequilla) in exchange for lap dances.
The string girl, her name is Ayu, stayed topless, came to sit on my lap and invited me to become intimate after asking me to buy her drinks. She was a very tasty looking girl, so who was I to refuse. Every drink cost IDR 50,000 (approx. EUR 0.40) so damage was slight.
After a few drinks, some of which I received back myself after dfk with Ayu, and a lot of fondling and kissing her breasts, I started to move her string aside and finger her pussy. No objections there, so I continued deep french kissing her, fondling her breasts and shoving my fingers up her pussy to the hilt. I know the reacrion is purely phsical, but she got dripping wet. I liked it.
Unfortunately, house rules forbid the dancers to come to clients' rooms.
Damn!
I resorted to pick up a girl Blok M. Very satisfying.

Ko

El Greco
07-18-10, 16:43
Peter,

Myself and other member have post directions from Mercure to Hotel travel before, it is only about a 15 min walk I take the taxi there the first time cost me 20k got rip off.

Fast Eddie 48

I remember paying 6-7000 last April. Less than a euro. Sometimes only the flag down. Too hot for walking. I was saving my energy. I also had a nice massage with the use of jacuzzi etc some 20 meters short same side going to Travel hotel.

Koperen Ko
07-18-10, 19:29

A typo is easily made when remembering a nice experience.
Last year the exchange rate was 14,000 IDR for 1 Euro.
This year it has worsened to 12,000 IDR for 1 Euro, so 50,000 IDR is approx. 4 Euro.

Regards,
Ko

Mighty Spearsman
07-19-10, 17:35
I stayed at Sparks Hotel recently for 3 nights...

... After their set, the girls mingled with the crowd in the bar and tried to persuade them to buy them "ladies drinks"(watered down tequilla) in exchange for lap dances....
Great report! Thanks for the info, I don't recall ever reading that much about Sparks Hotel on ISG before now.

I smiled at your "watered down tequilla" comment - I seriously doubt if there's any alcohol at all in the ladies drinks. It's more likely to be "watered down Sprite"!

Koperen Ko
07-19-10, 19:01
great report! thanks for the info, i don't recall ever reading that much about sparks hotel on isg before now.

i smiled at your "watered down tequilla" comment - i seriously doubt if there's any alcohol at all in the ladies drinks. it's more likely to be "watered down sprite"!

you may be right but i thought i detected some alcohol when i received some of it.
i forgot to mention that the girls later came back on stage and did a sort of repeat of their first set, only this time they went the whole way and did the last 10 minutes in the buff, including a "lesbian" act. they had all worked on their pubic hair; some were bald and the rest only had a small bush left. ayu was practically bald. at the end of the set she was asked to sit on the edge of the stage and spread het pussy so one of the guests could peer into it. weirdo.
after the second set she sat on my lap again and we did a repeat performance. this time she was even easier to access since the string was already gone. worth the cost of the ladies drinks, especially so since you get a 20 % discount when you buy 10 ;-)

ko

Cuba Tourist
07-20-10, 07:39
I will arrive in Jakarta for my first visit in 2 days time. Looking for a nice but moderately priced hotel in an area where I can walk around and see interesting things. Would like to meet a nice girl I can take traveling with me in Indonesia for 1 or 2 weeks.

I have looked on Agoda. For example, they offer--

from
USD 43
per night
Lumire Hotel
JL. Senen Raya 135, Jakarta

from
USD 58
per night
Le Grandeur Mangga Dua Hotel
Jl. Mangga Dua Raya, Jakarta

from
USD 56
Sunlake Hotel
Jl. Danau Permai Raya C1 Sunter,, Jakarta

Can anyone help me make sense of all this? I want to be centrally located in a place I can walk around and see the local sights. I also want to be able to find nice less pro women in moderate price category.

Thank you!

Master Diver II
07-20-10, 09:43
I will arrive in Jakarta for my first visit in 2 days time. Looking for a nice but moderately priced hotel in an area where I can walk around and see interesting things. Would like to meet a nice girl I can take traveling with me in Indonesia for 1 or 2 weeks.

from
USD 43
per night
Lumire Hotel

from
USD 58
per night

from
USD 56
Sunlake Hotel

Can anyone help me make sense of all this? I want to be centrally located in a place I can walk around and see the local sights. I also want to be able to find nice less pro women in moderate price category.

Thank you!
Pity you're only looking into this now really otherwise I'd advise you to raid all the social networking sites. It would certainly be possible to shortlist a few possibilities before meeting them for coffee and "interviewing" potential candidates;). But you never know, give it a shot anyway.

If you're staying around Mangga Dua, you might want to check Sheraton or Swiss Belhotel. Some might advise you to check Sparks or Classic. have a read and see whether that's what you're looking for - there have been recent reports on both.

MD II

Menteng
07-20-10, 17:18
Lumire Hotel
Former Aston Atrium hotel. Located next to Atrium shopping center which used to be(?) one of the recognized mall hunting grounds. In the evening the WG's will be outside in the streets. Use the "search" function of this forum on Atrium to get more recent data.

Former Dusit hotel. Located next to Mall Mangga Dua for pirated movies and softwares. Also on the grounds a lot of hardware. Not very far (30 min. walk, 5 min. taxi) from the Pangeran Jayakarta block with mongering places. Do not go there walking in the night from the hotel!

Sunlake Hotel

Thank you!
As far as I know, the worst choice mongeringwise. I can not recall an FR from that part of Jakarta. A trip to one of the MP's in Kelapa Gading might be your option.

For the money you mentioned, Mercure Rekso or Sparks, as mentioned by the honourable MDII, might be a better choice. Plenty of girls. Lokasari, Travel, Kartika, Stadium etc etc are within walking distance. Good Chinese food at Lokasari and streethawkers in the evening in Mangga Besar. Also good transportation (beyond the rush hours!!) to south Jakarta (Blok M, 6th floor Melawai I, BATS, CJ's).

Fast Eddie 48
07-20-10, 19:33

from
USD 43
per night
Lumire Hotel

from
USD 58
per night

from
USD 56
Sunlake Hotel

Thank you!Cuba,

You need to understand Jarkata is a big city and there are not many interesting sight to see other than a few history museum, you should go to Bali or Yogjarkata for that, most of us come here for business or mongering just fine a good hotel near all the hot spot.

Fast Eddie 48

Koperen Ko
07-21-10, 00:19
Cuba,

You need to understand Jarkata is a big city and there are not many interesting sight to see other than a few history museum, you should go to Bali or Yogjarkata for that, most of us come here for business or mongering just fine a good hotel near all the hot spot.

Fast Eddie 48

I have to disagree with you here.
Apart from mongering, Jakarta has a lot to offer in historical sites. Just go to the area near Taman Fatahillah (the old Dutch town of Batavia), the area around Sunda Kelapa (the old port) or the area aroun Monas (the National Monument) and you can spend several days sightseeing. I can recommend buying the book "The Jakarta Explorer", available in any Kinokunya bookshop for approx. EUR 25, for tips on a large area of Jakarta. It is not entirely up to date, but still very good.

Ko

Cuba Tourist
07-22-10, 23:24
Thank you. I arrived today and am at Sparks. I found the mall across the street, which has some cute women in it. Jakarta is not so easy to walk around in but has, as you all have pointed out, alot of potential.

John Aldrich
07-23-10, 23:35
Cuba,

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48

I beg to differ. Maybe you have not gone around Jakarta. It has a lot of fun places in and around Jakarta. Thousand Islands, Anyer etc could be a few. There are many many of them within the city. Your hotel itself organise a sight seeing trip. try it next time when you are in town. I am sure you will change your opinion.

Cheers

Rocksoff
07-29-10, 13:23

Indeed! Sparks is a ripoff, it offers the same as a place like Classic Hotel, but generally more expensive, and much worse service & facilities. 50K IDR is 4.25 EUR.
For the price of those 10 drinks, you can have a girl for overnight.

Sleepy14
08-25-10, 09:21
Had a bit of a search through the forum but nothing jumped out at me. Ive got an overnight in Jakata coming up and the company has booked me into the Sheraton at the airport. (My first time in Jakata) Is there anything available near here (or even at the hotel) or am I traveling into town?

It wont be the end of the world if I dont find anything as it is followed by 2 days R&R in Singapore and Ive ended up in Geylang (Bless the travel agent) due to the Grand Prix filling up all the main hotels :-)

Vulcanizer
08-25-10, 15:14
It's been mentioned several times before but you won't go far wrong with Take's Mansions (Google it), five minutes walk from the Bank Indonesia Busway and from there twenty five minutes either direction to Kota or Blok M so you have the choice of either.

Tried this place....good value.........

pool, gym(small), good brekkie thrown in..........(as much coffee as you like.... or need!)

Seen better days but are renovating.....good sized suite for the price.....

Asian Rain
08-25-10, 15:54
Nothing there. Sheraton Bandara is not even near the road. If you can, have them re-book you at the Sheraton Media in Kota area. Just give them an excuse that you want to do some shopping for your wife/girlfriend and you want to be close to a shopping mall. Then you are near EVERYTHING! Just do a search for my Kota area reports and you will know what to do. Enjoy Jakarta, AsianRain

Had a bit of a search through the forum but nothing jumped out at me. Ive got an overnight in Jakata coming up and the company has booked me into the Sheraton at the airport. (My first time in Jakata) Is there anything available near here (or even at the hotel) or am I traveling into town?

Cuba Tourist
08-25-10, 23:14
Thank you. I stayed at Sparks and another smaller hotel nearby. Liked Sparks but thought it was a bit overpriced. Their shower gel was nice. Lokasari was great but short time oriented and the girls spoke no English or Spanish. Really hot women and no religious issues, to my surprise. Met a Chinese Indonesian who told me about their community. Stopped in Stadium but too early so not much there. Had a problem at Hotel Travel and they would not let my taxi leave for 10 minutes, possibly due to language problems. Did not take a woman traveling with me due to language issues but should have anyway.

Jaimito Cartero
08-26-10, 02:34
Language problems for me are rare in Jakarta, and English is my primary language, and Spanish my secondary. In fact, I've found with 10 or so words of Indonesian, I can accomplish about anything with las chicas.

I'm not a big fan of Sparks, though. Always try to hit you up for messing up the sheets, expensive internet, etc.

Take's Mansion is interesting for long stays, but is a bit hard to get in/out of, if you're not driving. (It always seems to take about 1 mile to just get going in the direction I want to go, with the one ways streets and such).

Sleepy14
08-26-10, 08:18
Nothing there. Sheraton Bandara is not even near the road. If you can, have them re-book ....... AsianRain

Cheers AR
My customer has actually requested I stay at Hotel Harris in Kelapa Gading due to it being close to there office. Am I better off there? I think I will have trouble dictating what I want.

Haggis Man
08-26-10, 13:21
Cheers AR,

My customer has actually requested I stay at Hotel Harris in Kelapa Gading due to it being close to there office. Am I better off there? I think I will have trouble dictating what I want.Will be better than the Sheraton by the Airport in my opinion. You are in King Cross territory now! Enjoy!

Bulai69
08-26-10, 23:29
Cheers AR
My customer has actually requested I stay at Hotel Harris in Kelapa Gading due to it being close to there office. Am I better off there? I think I will have trouble dictating what I want.

You are better off in Kelapa Gading - Sheraton Bandara is hopeless from a mongering perspective, the only thing you could do is go to the airport and look for girls hanging around the arrivals area or girls seeing off their "boyfriends" in departures. The latter will of course be loyal to their departing boyfriends - for about as long as takes for them to get to passport control.

You can find girls in Kelapa Gading mall if you are interested in mall hunting. There are not so many bules hunting there - but no so many girls either.

LondonSoul
09-05-10, 17:39
Hi guys

Im coming out to Jakarta in a couple of weeks and looking to book a mid range hotel.
The best deals in terms of value for money appear to be the ibis hotels (there are about 4 of them), but my question is are any of them girl friendly, and which to go for

Cheers

WestCoast1
09-05-10, 19:49
Hi guys

Im coming out to Jakarta in a couple of weeks and looking to book a mid range hotel.
The best deals in terms of value for money appear to be the ibis hotels (there are about 4 of them), but my question is are any of them girl friendly, and which to go for

CheersIbis Slipi is girl-friendly. I have yet to stay at a Jakarta hotel / apartment that was not girl-friendly (in Manila I know of only one). Ibis are budget-minded hotels, $40/night. Decent (small) rooms, not a lot of amenities, no in-room safes. Anyone have trouble bringing girls in?

Peter Lexton
09-07-10, 11:46
I have just moved permanently to Jakarta with kids and will live in a house in Kemang. I want to establish a "play ground", away from home, where I can have some serious "sport", in peace. The area around Block M seems a good option as it is a good hunting ground and as it is halfway betweeen my work and home. Two questions: 1) what is a good hotel option around Block M in the $50 range for ST or overnight? 2) Should I consider trying to up a small and well equipped apartment and maybe share this with a few likeminded guys...? I am into BDSM and good equiment needs a good nest. Maybe someone else have such an arrangement and I can join...? P.

WestCoast1
09-08-10, 02:57
1) what is a good hotel option around Block M in the $50 range for ST or overnight? P.Hotel Melawi. About $48. Right close to the Block M mall and Jalan Falatahan.

Fast Eddie 48
09-08-10, 19:01
Hotel Melawi. About $48. Right close to the Block M mall and Jalan Falatahan.Westcoast,

The Melawi hotel is old need to be remodel soon, the better place is the Alhambar hotel across the st is about 64 USD much better hotel.

Fast Eddie 48

WestCoast1
09-09-10, 01:48
Westcoast,

The Melawi hotel is old need to be remodel soon, the better place is the Alhambar hotel across the st is about 64 USD much better hotel.

Fast Eddie 48Ya FE, are you speaking of the Ambhara? It will be about $70 with taxes. Its a much nicer place. But he mentioned $50, so Melawi fits. Also there's a massage place there.

Key Master
09-09-10, 08:46
Ya FE, are you speaking of the Ambhara? It will be about $70 with taxes. Its a much nicer place. But he mentioned $50, so Melawi fits. Also there's a massage place there.

Melawaii Hotels have been pretty bad for awhile. I can't stay there anymore. Ambhara is nice and basically across the street from Passaraya Mall and JL Falatahan, but it's a bit more than $50 and more on weekdays as a lot of businesses send their people there. There rooms are kind of small but nice. Even if you wanted to mess around in Blok M, you don't have to stay there. At late night, traffic isn't an issue.

Cooze Hound
09-09-10, 08:58
Ya FE, are you speaking of the Ambhara? It will be about $70 with taxes. Its a much nicer place. But he mentioned $50, so Melawi fits. Also there's a massage place there.

Maybe he meant the Amaris just around the corner on Jl Pangalima Polim. About 3 yrs old. Also the Win Hotel beside that just open 2 years or less. Both basic but clean and very girl friendly. But clientele is mainly locals and although caucasians and others stay there, some ability to speak the language helps. Both around 50 USD.
Also there is the new Sahid place just on the Pasaraya Mall side of Jl Paletehan 1. Previously reviewed on page 4 of this thread
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2450&page=4&pp=15
Also, don't rule out the famous short time Hotel Prapanca just by the Kemang turn off.

Menteng
09-09-10, 13:45
Is hotel Golden still there? Right in the middle of the Japanese/karaoke section of the block. When those karaoke places close at 01.00 am, there is a lot of girls to be picked up there.

Key Master
09-10-10, 04:23
Is hotel Golden still there? Right in the middle of the Japanese/karaoke section of the block. When those karaoke places close at 01.00 am, there is a lot of girls to be picked up there.

For awhile they were easy to get a room. Then I started having problems as they book a lot of Indonesian business travelers.

Fast Eddie 48
09-10-10, 06:18
Ya FE, are you speaking of the Ambhara? It will be about $70 with taxes. Its a much nicer place. But he mentioned $50, so Melawi fits. Also there's a massage place there.West coast,

Yes is Ambhara that was about 3 yr ago book online, price is up but for a few $ more stay there instead of the dump hotel Melawi.

Fast Eddie 48

Cooze Hound
09-10-10, 09:28

The Golden Boutique, yes. Also there is a big new one on Melawai just by the entrance to the Japanese area, its was taking an age to finish though. I have not been past lately so unsure of status.

DG69
09-20-10, 04:47
I will be in Jakarta from 23 of September for about one week. I am not sure which Hotel might be right. Ambhara seems to expensive, but Pacific Blue (600k) or Win Hotel (370K) are ok. Are the Hotels girlfriendly? I suppose they are both close to block M? Can somebody recommend the Hotels? Do they have free WLAN at room?

Cooze Hound
09-20-10, 09:39
I will be in Jakarta from 23 of September for about one week. I am not sure which Hotel might be right. Ambhara seems to expensive, but Pacific Blue (600k) or Win Hotel (370K) are ok. Are the Hotels girlfriendly? I suppose they are both close to block M? Can somebody recommend the Hotels? Do they have free WLAN at room?

I could say RTFF because 4 posts previous to yours I mentioned both those hotels.
I have not stayed at the Pacific Blue\Sahid but I think the review link I posted mentions WiFi in the room.
Win Hotel has WiFi in the lobby. As does the Amaris bedside it.
And no problems with girls and a short stroll to Blok M bars, and malls.

DG69
09-20-10, 11:23
I could say RTFF because 4 posts previous to yours I mentioned both those hotels.
I have not stayed at the Pacific Blue\Sahid but I think the review link I posted mentions WiFi in the room.
Win Hotel has WiFi in the lobby. As does the Amaris bedside it.
And no problems with girls and a short stroll to Blok M bars, and malls.

Thanks alot Cooze Hound. Normally I RTFF, but I am now in a special difficult situation. I am now in Thailand and together with a Thai girl since 3 weeks. She likes to disturbe me when ever I am on computer and not give her 100% of my attention. It's really annoying since I am really cut of from mental peace.
I think I will really enjoy my stay in Jakarta, since I can than do what a man has to do.
Is it wise to book online, or are the prices the same when I just arrive in the Hotel and book than?

Menteng
09-20-10, 17:39
Thanks alot Cooze Hound. Normally I RTFF, but I am now in a special difficult situation. I am now in Thailand and together with a Thai girl since 3 weeks. She likes to disturbe me when ever I am on computer and not give her 100% of my attention. It's really annoying since I am really cut of from mental peace.

I think that is a lame excuse DG69. If you can find opportunities to send in questions here, you should also have time to read the answers to those. But Cooze is a nice dog and I doubt you will get the same reaction from others if they find out that they wasted time on answering your questions.

DG69
09-21-10, 03:27
I think that is a lame excuse DG69. If you can find opportunities to send in questions here, you should also have time to read the answers to those. But Cooze is a nice dog and I doubt you will get the same reaction from others if they find out that they wasted time on answering your questions.

Most likely I will not be able to convince you. But, if you read my former posts, you will find out that I got my almost 500 posts not from spamming, but from writting useful information for others.

Menteng
09-21-10, 14:42
Most likely I will not be able to convince you. But, if you read my former posts, you will find out that I got my almost 500 posts not from spamming, but from writting useful information for others.

I agree totally, but it would have taken a less than a 30 seconds to scroll down. I.e. less than the time you probably needed to write your reaction
or less than the time your girlfriend needs to go to the bathroom.

DG69
09-21-10, 17:11
I agree totally, but it would have taken a less than a 30 seconds to scroll down. I.e. less than the time you probably needed to write your reaction
or less than the time your girlfriend needs to go to the bathroom.

I read the post, otherwise I wouldn't have known about those Hotels. I even drop them an email and tried to make a reservation online on their webpages. But, didn't received a confirmation. Maybe I am abit short in time, since I need a Hotelroom until the day after tomorrow and those Hotels are just slow with answer emails.
Anyway I just like abit more info, because I am undecided. Maybe my post were not written in the best form and a bit plump. But, English isn't my first language and as I said I get often disturbed.
Anyway all this accusations what I could make better are not very helpful. Helpful would be infos, recommodations and tips about Hotels neer Block M, nightlife and do's and do not's in Jakarta.
Cheers

Key Master
09-22-10, 07:11
I read the post, otherwise I wouldn't have known about those Hotels. I even drop them an email and tried to make a reservation online on their webpages. But, didn't received a confirmation. Maybe I am abit short in time, since I need a Hotelroom until the day after tomorrow and those Hotels are just slow with answer emails.
Anyway I just like abit more info, because I am undecided. Maybe my post were not written in the best form and a bit plump. But, English isn't my first language and as I said I get often disturbed.
Anyway all this accusations what I could make better are not very helpful. Helpful would be infos, recommodations and tips about Hotels neer Block M, nightlife and do's and do not's in Jakarta.
Cheers

The only one of these hotels that you'll likely walk to Blok M where Top Gun and My Bar is, is Ambhara as it's really close but a little dark. The others I think you'll use a taxi either way, so it's not really really important to stay in Blok M area. Also there is a hotel reservations desk that can book your room for you when you land and at good rates. You have to prepay though with credit card or rupiah. Since you don't know ahead of time if you'll like it it's kind of hard to prepay it all. But this agency will come to your hotel to extend your stay and give you a voucher after you pay them. You can read more about it by researching Kaha here and Jakarta thread most likely. Read up on some hotels and see how much they're charging and if it's available. Or you can use those other type of reservation sites to book rooms, but I've never done that. Think Kaha is the way to go as it has a booth just outside of the doorway when you've cleared customs with your bags. Do the rest.

DG69
09-22-10, 10:56
The only one of these hotels that you'll likely walk to Blok M where Top Gun and My Bar is, is Ambhara as it's really close but a little dark. The others I think you'll use a taxi either way, so it's not really really important to stay in Blok M area. Also there is a hotel reservations desk that can book your room for you when you land and at good rates. You have to prepay though with credit card or rupiah. Since you don't know ahead of time if you'll like it it's kind of hard to prepay it all. But this agency will come to your hotel to extend your stay and give you a voucher after you pay them. You can read more about it by researching Kaha here and Jakarta thread most likely. Read up on some hotels and see how much they're charging and if it's available. Or you can use those other type of reservation sites to book rooms, but I've never done that. Think Kaha is the way to go as it has a booth just outside of the doorway when you've cleared customs with your bags. Do the rest.

That's a good tip, though I am not sure if Kaha provide info whether the Hotel is girlfriendly, or not.;)
Anyway I shall give them a try.
I got an reply from Ambhara about their rates:

Deluxe : Rp. 944.000 Net
Junior Suite : Rp. 1.337.000 Net
Business Suite : Rp. 1.730.000 Net
Executive Suite : Rp. 2.686.000 Net

Our rate are including 21% gov tax ,service and buffet breakfast for one
person.

Key Master
09-23-10, 07:00
That's a good tip, though I am not sure if Kaha provide info whether the Hotel is girlfriendly, or not.;)
Anyway I shall give them a try.
I got an reply from Ambhara about their rates:

Deluxe : Rp. 944.000 Net
Junior Suite : Rp. 1.337.000 Net
Business Suite : Rp. 1.730.000 Net
Executive Suite : Rp. 2.686.000 Net

Our rate are including 21% gov tax ,service and buffet breakfast for one
person.

You'll probably get a better rate at Kaha, but it's up to you. I don't know how well you handle not having your plans set in stone. And dude, the likelihood of any hotels mentioned here as a recommendation are not likely to be not girlfriendly. The chances of any hotel here being not girlfriendly are extremely low. Recommend you do a lot of reading. There is a lot of talk back and forth but information is out there.

Tiger 888
09-23-10, 11:17
The Ambhara Hotel is very nice and Kaha used to have good rates (50-60 US$ 2 years ago). It is definitely girl friendly and when I wanted to extend my stay the staff even helped me to contact Kaha and let the agent bring the voucher because it was a lot cheaper then what they could offer. The only downside is their hefty charge for broadband. it was about 170K per day and 650K for a week if I remember well.

Asian Rain
09-23-10, 16:38
I can give you two choices... Classic Hotel or Prinsen Hotel. Both located in the smack center of Lokasari Fuck Central in Kota area.

Classic Hotel has a rear entrance to access the hotel restaurant. Just walk thru with your girl, go up the middle stairway and you can access the elevators while bypassing the reception fully. Dont worry about taking a sweet young thing thru the resto... it's standard. Good free internet access in the lobby. Serviceable rooms...

Prinsen Hotel has its reception on the third or fourth floor. If you get a room on any other floor, you can take the elevator straight up to your floor - there is just one security guy on the ground and he is used to the mama-sans bringing groups of girls for their regular customer's selection. Hotel usually has girls hanging out right in front of the hotel in the evening... Serviceable rooms, but a bit more worn than Classic.

Best room at either hotel will not cost more than $40/night. More like $25 for good room. Best to call in advance... Enjoy Jakarta, AsianRain

I look for a hotel with a back entrance or secondary entrance. Every time I take a girl I don't like to pass in front of reception. Do you know a cheap hotel (max $40 for nigt) at an interesting area for fucking?
Thank you!

Fast Eddie 48
09-23-10, 21:37
[QUOTE=Asian Rain]I can give you two choices. Classic Hotel or Prinsen Hotel. Both located in the smack center of Lokasari Fuck Central in Kota area.

Classic Hotel has a rear entrance to access the hotel restaurant. Just walk thru with your girl, go up the middle stairway and you can access the elevators while bypassing the reception fully. Don't worry about taking a sweet young thing thru the resto. It's standard. Good free internet access in the lobby. Serviceable rooms.

Prinsen Hotel has its reception on the third or fourth floor. If you get a room on any other floor, you can take the elevator straight up to your floor. There is just one security guy on the ground and he is used to the mama-sans bringing groups of girls for their regular customer's selection. Hotel usually has girls hanging out right in front of the hotel in the evening. Serviceable rooms, but a bit more worn than Classic.

To Foxhunter

Another hotel in the plaza is Olympic hotel a bit better than the 2 Asian Rain

Recommonded, about 35 USD a night for a executive room better book on lower floor because of KTV on the higher floor is very loud, there are a back entrance by the cafe to the elevator, I think spark hotel is the best in the area but cost is 58 USD a night much better room on Manga Besar.

Fast Eddie 48

Menteng
09-24-10, 04:10
I look for a hotel with a back entrance or secondary entrance. Every time I take a girl I don't like to pass in front of reception. Do you know a cheap hotel (max $40 for nigt) at an interesting area for fucking?
Thank you!

Why do you ask? For ages you have been asking silly questions without posting any FR after getting answers. You asked information about cheap Jakarta hotels because supposedly you were going to be in Jakarta in July/August. Where's the FR? When I dare you to meet one of the local brothers to prove your reliability you didn't pick up the glove I've thrown.

You and Poturu only polute this forum with silly questions. Oh, how I wish Jackson would take measures against impostors like you.

AfAsia
09-24-10, 05:42
Why do you ask? For ages you have been asking silly questions without posting any FR after getting answers. You asked information about cheap Jakarta hotels because supposedly you were going to be in Jakarta in July/August. Where's the FR? When I dare you to meet one of the local brothers to prove your reliability you didn't pick up the glove I've thrown.

Oh, how I wish Jackson would take measures against impostors like you.

2nd that! One has to ask: Who is this member really? Gave him tons of info over countless PM, no reports.

DG69
09-24-10, 07:02
So, I arrived yesterday and have some info to share. General info I will share in the Jakarta Thread.

I bought voucher for Ambhara at Airport. The Staff at Kaha wasn't helpful and tried to cheat. Luckily I had some info and was prepared. I took two night in Ambhara, since I had only limited info, it was late and I just want to have a base first. Ambhara is Ok, but regarding what you get in Bangkok for the equivalent of 670000 Rupiah the night not really worth it. Internet is LAN and not free of charge, like I have expected. I wasn't willing to pay the high internet rates and so, I had search today about 2 hours to find a internet cafe. They are very basic and difficult to find, since people do not know or give wrong direction. Good thing in Ambhara is the breakfast. It's really nice.

I saw yesterday the Blue Pacific Hotel very close to the small lane where Top Gun is situated. They charge 370000 Rupiah, internet is included and they said it's not a problem to bring girls into room. I wrote them an email with a reservation and asked for a confirmation. They did not confirm via email so I wasn't sure if they have rooms available. Funny, they had a room reserved for me. If they would have send confirmation, I would most likely now stay in Blue Pacific. Blue Pacific rooms are basic and no indoor safe available.

Classic Hotel sounds tempting, just have to find out were is it situated. I might rather go there, if is more or less central.

Jaimito Cartero
09-24-10, 14:19
Can you give some details about Kaha trying to cheat you?

Menteng
09-24-10, 14:46
Ambhara is Ok, but regarding what you get in Bangkok for the equivalent of 670000 Rupiah the night not really worth it. Internet is LAN and not free of charge, like I have expected. I wasn't willing to pay the high internet rates and so, I had search today about 2 hours to find a internet cafe. They are very basic and difficult to find, since people do not know or give wrong direction.

Across the street, in the basement of Pasaraya Grande, there was an internetcafe and it might be still there.

Menteng
09-24-10, 15:11
... because I like to pick up news. Is it forbidden?
You can't even imagine how silly you are. I always travel around the world and often I don't make any post because ... I have already explained it in a previous time. I can explain better by PM.
Oh how I wish Jackson would take measueres against mentally deficient like you!

The only excuse I've read from you is that you like to monger alone. That's fine, but that doesn't mean that you might not be able to proof your visits. BTW, if you can find time to ask all those questions in all those threads, I think you will have time to post an FR with at least a couple of facts.

Proof me I'm wrong instead of calling me things.

FoxesHunter
09-24-10, 17:06
Proof me I'm wrong instead of calling me things.

I explain my problem again. I hope it desn't irritate you. ;)
I travel around the world very much for working. I know every country around the world.
In this forum you read my posts on every country because before my departing I always hope to get free time for mongering, this always is my desire but .... when my work comes to an end I often have to come back in rapid way without getting free time. But I have made some (few) posts about my experiences.
I don't know if you believe me so it my posts aren''t taken into consideration.

Menteng
09-24-10, 23:24
I explain my problem again. I hope it desn't irritate you. ;)
I travel around the world very much for working. I know every country around the world.
In this forum you read my posts on every country because before my departing I always hope to get free time for mongering, this always is my desire but .... when my work comes to an end I often have to come back in rapid way without getting free time. But I have made some (few) posts about my experiences.
I don't know if you believe me so it my posts aren''t taken into consideration.

Since januari of this year you posted some kind of an FR about Lima in Peru of which I doubted the authenticity. Since I know the street you were referring to I challenged you to give some details to make sure you have been there. (After all you had 2 FR's in 2 years about the very same subject). You never reacted.

All other postings you did starting from januari 2010 untill the very recent one about a hotel with a back entrance in Jakarta were questions.

Jaimito Cartero
09-25-10, 01:53
Menteng has contributed for many years to Jakarta and Medellin threads. He's taken people around to show them places, and been ever so helpful to those with real questions.

People who only take from the board, and never give back are called leaches. What use are you to other members?

There are many members who run large businesses, but still find the time to tell people their experiences. Downtime in airport lounges, airplanes and many other places make it easy to spend 5 or even 10 minutes to let other others learn from their mistakes, or choices they made while mongering.

Traveler1234
09-25-10, 02:15
Since januari of this year you posted some kind of an FR about Lima in Peru of which I doubted the authenticity.

All other postings you did starting from januari 2010 untill the very recent one about a hotel with a back entrance in Jakarta were questions.

Hey bro, we miss yu. Come back and visit soon. We're meeting up again mid Oct!

DG69
09-25-10, 08:28
After many posts of useless arguments I will post here some hopefully usefull info.
I checked yesterday the Mercure Hotel near Hotel Travel. It was fully booked, at least they said so. Prices in the 900.000 Rupiah range for cheapest rooms. I didn't saw the rooms, so I can't say much about the Hotel.
Next Hotel I saw after a visit in Hotel Travel, was Prinsen Park Hotel.

I liked the Hotel. The rooms made a basic, but Ok impression. Price for the most expensiv room 250.000 Rupiah. I saw the second best room, for 210.000. No, safety box, no WiFi, but helpful and friendly staff. So, cheap and acceptable. Near to Hotel Travel, near to a shopping mall, with internet cafe.

Next Hotel was Classic Hotel. The room would costs 414.000 Rupiah. Better than Prinsen Park, also it has a caraoke club and similar to Hotel Travel a bordello. The prices for girls were 270.000 Rupiah per pop, including room and condom. I liked the place better than Hotel Travel, since it's not so dark and better possibilities to check the girls first. Also, they have some topless dancer. Ah, Internet only in Hotel Lobby.

Prinsen Park and Classic Hotel are both in North Central Jakarta. I like more the freelance scene in Block M area (south central) and therefore I check in, in the Griyadi Blue Pacific Hotel. Price here 390.000 Rupiah, including free Wifi, free breakfast, girlfriendly and very close to the bars in Block M (Topgun). Rooms are basic, but new and clean. Mnus, no safety box in room.

John Marigold99
09-25-10, 12:32
So why do you post this intel in the Jakarta thread? If I have a good mongering time in Germany, should I post it here in the Jakarta thread? Think about how hard it would be to RTFF if people posted intel from different countries in other countries' threads. The "ancestral customs" here in the Jakarta thread are to post Jakarta mongering intel here.

I give you some news very interesting about my lastest trip in Peru. Ok. Qeros people is considered by many historians to be the last Inca Community. The ancestral customs and the names of the shamans (Paqos) have been preserved in the hierarchical structure that was attributed to Pachamama (The Mother Earth).

I made an intresting study about Qeros people. I traveled from Cuzco to Paucartambo by car (6-7 hours) then I have made an hard trekking for 7-8 days to reach their villages. My experience was wonderful. A Qero guy have kept company with me for all the trip and he asked me 5 soles only (1 US dollar) every day. If you or other guys like to know more about my trip, write me.

I hope my post help you!

Menteng
09-25-10, 15:32
This is my last posting to and about Foxeshunter. His so-called FR's led me to think that they are quotations of other's as he never could proof the authenticity of his. Even when I challenge him. I leave it to the other members of ISG to draw their conclusions after reading his latest contribution. Again, it is not an answer to my questions nor does it proof anything. Any information about Q'eros can be obtained in the library.

Menteng
09-25-10, 15:38
Hey bro, we miss yu. Come back and visit soon. We're meeting up again mid Oct!

I miss the gang and Jakarta too. But I'll be in Europe from october till december.
Sure like to meet miss Lee again. Say hello to her when you happen to see her.

Master Diver II
09-26-10, 04:21
I miss the gang and Jakarta too. But I'll be in Europe from october till december.
Sure like to meet miss Lee again. Say hello to her when you happen to see her.
When in October bro? I'm trying to be there 12th/13th onwards for about 3 nights... I'would dearly like to meet if possible. There will be a few of us there.

Incidentally since this is the hotel thread, I've noticed a few new business hotels with small clean rooms at very acceptable rates - but no fridge or coffee/tea making facilities (they say there's a cafe downstairs or a convenience store). I definitely need the fridge (I like my cold drinks readily available - especially after a strenuous round;)) so can anyone suggest somewhere which is respectable? Anything like Sparks/Classic is out of the question.

MD II

Bkk212
09-27-10, 04:29
Hi,
I have submitted several reports about Ambhara hotel in the past it's a bit pricey but worth it. One reason would be the not needing a taxi and worrying about safety/cheating late at night. It's within walking distance of Blok M but the walk of shame is a bit longer.

As for Internet cafe go across the road and down into the bus terminal and in the lower level there is a half decent internet cafe.

As for Kaha cheating, I do argree with you as they have tried this with me many times, especially the girl at the Blok M office, the airport is also as bad, I do agree with you.

What I usually do is get an e-mail form them before I arrive and the only office that quotes the same rate as the e-mail is the Gambhir office.

Anyway just my point of view.

So, I arrived yesterday and have some info to share. General info I will share in the Jakarta Thread.

I bought voucher for Ambhara at Airport. The Staff at Kaha wasn't helpful and tried to cheat. Luckily I had some info and was prepared. I took two night in Ambhara, since I had only limited info, it was late and I just want to have a base first. Ambhara is Ok, but regarding what you get in Bangkok for the equivalent of 670000 Rupiah the night not really worth it. Internet is LAN and not free of charge, like I have expected. I wasn't willing to pay the high internet rates and so, I had search today about 2 hours to find a internet cafe. They are very basic and difficult to find, since people do not know or give wrong direction. Good thing in Ambhara is the breakfast. It's really nice.

I saw yesterday the Blue Pacific Hotel very close to the small lane where Top Gun is situated. They charge 370000 Rupiah, internet is included and they said it's not a problem to bring girls into room. I wrote them an email with a reservation and asked for a confirmation. They did not confirm via email so I wasn't sure if they have rooms available. Funny, they had a room reserved for me. If they would have send confirmation, I would most likely now stay in Blue Pacific. Blue Pacific rooms are basic and no indoor safe available.

Classic Hotel sounds tempting, just have to find out were is it situated. I might rather go there, if is more or less central.

DG69
09-27-10, 05:44
Hi,
I have submitted several reports about Ambhara hotel in the past it's a bit pricey but worth it. One reason would be the not needing a taxi and worrying about safety/cheating late at night. It's within walking distance of Blok M but the walk of shame is a bit longer.

As for Internet cafe go across the road and down into the bus terminal and in the lower level there is a half decent internet cafe.

As for Kaha cheating, I do argree with you as they have tried this with me many times, especially the girl at the Blok M office, the airport is also as bad, I do agree with you.

What I usually do is get an e-mail form them before I arrive and the only office that quotes the same rate as the e-mail is the Gambhir office.

Anyway just my point of view.

After a long exchange of Spam-Posts from Menteng and others the first post to topic. ;)
Well, I liked Ambhara, specially the breakfast is great, but the rooms have not the newest furniture and it's a bit aged. I stayed two days and had no major complains.
But, I would recommend Griyadi Blue Pacific instead Ambhara. It's only 390.000 instead of 670.000 (Ambhara). It has free Wifi, which works quite good. Also, the rooms are newer and the bed is very comfortable. Though breakfast is very basic, indonesian style. No, Safety Box and no frigde in the room. Rooms are small, but very clean and new. TV is a flat screen and the backwall of the Hotel touches the backwall of Top Gun Bar. So, it's very close to the action. Also, the staff is very helpful and not cheating.

Cooze Hound
09-27-10, 13:05
After a long exchange of Spam-Posts from Menteng and others the first post to topic. ;)
Well, I liked Ambhara, specially the breakfast is great, but the rooms have not the newest furniture and it's a bit aged. I stayed two days and had no major complains.
But, I would recommend Griyadi Blue Pacific instead Ambhara. It's only 390.000 instead of 670.000 (Ambhara). It has free Wifi, which works quite good. Also, the rooms are newer and the bed is very comfortable. Though breakfast is very basic, indonesian style. No, Safety Box and no frigde in the room. Rooms are small, but very clean and new. TV is a flat screen and the backwall of the Hotel touches the backwall of Top Gun Bar. So, it's very close to the action. Also, the staff is very helpful and not cheating.

Dg thanks for your your posts after arriving in Jakarta. Do not be hard on Menteng, he has good information and helps keep the Indonesian Forum clean of inane and lazy posts.

As far as in room security boxes go. Close to Blok M is the Amaris Hotel which I mentioned to you. It has in room "safes". The charge is around the same as Blue Pacific, but WiFi in the lobby. Around a 10 minute walk to the Blok but better not to do it at night.

How did you find the girls in Blok M ?

Menteng
09-27-10, 13:34
No hard feelings. I'm glad you are enjoying your stay in Jakarta. Maybe you should contact Ebowan, a local brother. A great guy but also one that speaks German as a native. If you miss a German touch, there was a Bierstube in plaza Semanggi. It was located one floor above the food court. I hope it's still there, though. To get there, take the TransJakarta busway from the Blok M terminal. Ask other passengers where to get off the bus for this shopping center. Maybe you should ask a pretty girl and depending on the conversation you might invite her to join you. If you feel like going to a discoteque, on the very top of the complex there used to be one, Vertigo. Not to mention X2 and Red Square at Plaza Senayan. Etc, etc.

Key Master
09-27-10, 16:31
DG,

You mentioned that Kaha tried to cheat you. Please give us the details. I'm wondering if this is a misunderstanding or did they really try to cheat you. I've used them many times and have had no issues with them. Using such a service I'm quite sure is way cheaper than if you walked into a hotel like Ambhara and booked a room.

The rooms there are a bit small, but the place is clean and safe and definitely 2-3 stars better than a place like Melawaii that some people to recommend. The location is really nice for someone who likes the Blok M bars as you don't have to deal with taxi mafia out front to get back. The mall across the street is also convenient to walk to to get something to eat, but the competition is hurting that place as it goes downhill. The nice thing also for the hotel is they have both Blue Birds and Silver Birds available at your beckon. It's a little more than I like to pay but it is convenient especially for someone like me who enjoys the Blok M scene. It's not far from some of the other monger spots at night also.

DG69
09-29-10, 07:08
Well, thanks for the Tips Menteng, but they come too late. I am already back in Bangkok. Anyway I were in 3 different Hotel, during my stay. First Ambhara which I descriped, Gyradi which I can highly recommend and on the last day I wanted a night in Classic Hotel, but unfortunatelly it was full. I didn't made a reservation beforehand. So, I choosed Prinsen Park Hotel instead. I did this, because next day I had to go to airport early and I thought it's better to avoid traffic jam or a possible gridlock from south Jakarta.
Well, at first sight Prinsen Parks looks Ok. Cheap only 210.000 Rupiah, but the rooms were very loud, and not too clean. Also, window in the bathroom was not possible to close. When I checked out they cheated me. You have to make a deposit of 290.000 Rupiah for the room service. I didn't took something from the frigde, but when I checked out the resent two small bottles of limonade and told I had changed them, because it has no Hotel label (a simple scratch on the cap of the bottle. They wanted from me 24.000 Rupiah for those little 50 ccm bottles. I ashured them I didn't touch the frigde, but they start arguing endless and I had no time for long argue, since I had to go to airport. So, the took off the money from my deposit. And there the girl at the resecption tried to cheet me again. She gave me not the right amout back, I recognize and asked for the full amount. So, I can't recommend the Prinsen Park Hotel. If you like the location, than Sparks Hotel opposite makes a far better impression.

@Key Master, regarding Kaha, I used them for the reservation at Amphara and I did got a better rate, than if I would have book directly at Ambhara that is for sure. Though the staff at Kaha is not very helpfull, so you better know before what Hotel you want. I had time to check their lists and so I know how much they charge for Ambhara in that periode of the Year. it was 670.000 Rupiah. They guy from Kaha at Airport asked me for 720.000 Rupiah, which is the price for two breakfast in the morning. Maybe he would give me a voucher only for one breakfast. I insisted on one breakfast since I wasn't sure if I would take a girl this night. Maybe not a major cheat, but I read before from another member that they charged him the room including 2 breakfast, but made the Voucher just for one breakfast.

@cooze hound, I will answer your question in the Jakarta Thread.

Jaimito Cartero
09-29-10, 09:34
Well, at first sight Prinsen Parks looks Ok. Cheap only 210.000 Rupiah, but the rooms were very loud, and not too clean. Also, window in the bathroom was not possible to close. When I checked out they cheated me. You have to make a deposit of 290.000 Rupiah for the room service. I didn't took something from the frigde, but when I checked out the resent two small bottles of limonade and told I had changed them, because it has no Hotel label (a simple scratch on the cap of the bottle. They wanted from me 24.000 Rupiah for those little 50 ccm bottles. I ashured them I didn't touch the frigde, but they start arguing endless and I had no time for long argue, since I had to go to airport. So, the took off the money from my deposit. And there the girl at the resecption tried to cheet me again. She gave me not the right amout back, I recognize and asked for the full amount. So, I can't recommend the Prinsen Park Hotel. If you like the location, than Sparks Hotel opposite makes a far better impression.

@Key Master, regarding Kaha, I used them for the reservation at Amphara and I did got a better rate, than if I would have book directly at Ambhara that is for sure. Though the staff at Kaha is not very helpfull, so you better know before what Hotel you want. I had time to check their lists and so I know how much they charge for Ambhara in that periode of the Year. it was 670.000 Rupiah. They guy from Kaha at Airport asked me for 720.000 Rupiah, which is the price for two breakfast in the morning. Maybe he would give me a voucher only for one breakfast. I insisted on one breakfast since I wasn't sure if I would take a girl this night. Maybe not a major cheat, but I read before from another member that they charged him the room including 2 breakfast, but made the Voucher just for one breakfast.

I've stayed at the Princen, and it's pretty basic, but never had any ripoffs there. It's always possible that a previous resident of the room replaced the bottles and you got caught for it. Just like people who drink a liquor (say Vodka), and replace it with water and glue the cap together.

Sparks is way worse with ripoffs. Half empty minibar drinks that I had to point out when checking in, plus they are 2-3x more expensive, and often will try and charge you for sheets for any small hole or stain on them.

As for Kaha, I don't know if it was a ripoff, but think it more likely he assumed you wanted 2x breakfast. For that small amount, I probably would have booked 2x breakfast.

Cuba Tourist
09-30-10, 02:34
"Well, at first sight Prinsen Parks looks Ok. Cheap only 210.000 Rupiah, but the rooms were very loud, and not too clean."

They quoted me 135,000 or 145,000. Good for entertaining nearby women if Sparks is too far away.

Kaha is very reliable and ultra cheap.

DG69
09-30-10, 02:49
"Well, at first sight Prinsen Parks looks Ok. Cheap only 210.000 Rupiah, but the rooms were very loud, and not too clean."

They quoted me 135,000 or 145,000. Good for entertaining nearby women if Sparks is too far away.

Kaha is very reliable and ultra cheap.

Depends on the room of course. 210.000 was foe Deluxe. Standard are cheaper.

Key Master
09-30-10, 09:50

I seriously doubt they tried to cheat you. There are a lot of options for breakfasts and no breakfasts for different hotels and maybe had a language barrier. I've never had an issue with them.

DG69
09-30-10, 14:04
I seriously doubt they tried to cheat you. There are a lot of options for breakfasts and no breakfasts for different hotels and maybe had a language barrier. I've never had an issue with them.

It happend to another member also, read here:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1072215&postcount=925

I read that before I went to Kaha and of course I thought they tried this scam with me, too.

Key Master
10-02-10, 09:13
It happend to another member also, read here:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1072215&postcount=925

I read that before I went to Kaha and of course I thought they tried this scam with me, too.

Sorry DG, I'm having a hard time understanding how that link says Kaha tried to rip him off. He was talking about the crazy price that Ambhara Hotel charges for internet usage. That has nothing to do with Kaha. I really think you are mistaken that they tried to rip you off but it's always possible. I really think it's probably a slight language barrier issue and I'm not trying to be mean in any way. I myself wish I spoke more than English. But I see a lot of times misunderstandings due to both people trying to speak English but both are not so proficient.

DG69
10-02-10, 16:11
Sorry DG, I'm having a hard time understanding how that link says Kaha tried to rip him off. He was talking about the crazy price that Ambhara Hotel charges for internet usage. That has nothing to do with Kaha. I really think you are mistaken that they tried to rip you off but it's always possible. I really think it's probably a slight language barrier issue and I'm not trying to be mean in any way. I myself wish I spoke more than English. But I see a lot of times misunderstandings due to both people trying to speak English but both are not so proficient.

Sorry. Of course you are right, I made a mistake. Refer to that post.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1034805&postcount=870

Key Master
10-03-10, 05:29
Sorry. Of course you are right, I made a mistake. Refer to that post.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1034805&postcount=870

Is it possible the Gambir Kaha made a mistake? I don't know. I've dealt with the girl from Blok M Kaha and she was fine. There are so many prices for different days and different breakfasts that one of them may have been confused. I know I'm not going to take a taxi to Gambir if I'm staying in Blok M to find out or try to talk to them on the phone. I suggested you use Kaha, and I'm sorry you feel they tried to scam you. I will still continue to use them. One thing to remember, is that these people working these places aren't the most educated also. I've been to many places in all these different countries that the most basic things they get confused on.

Vageterian
10-03-10, 06:53
i recently arrived in jakarta and a friend suggested harris hotel kelepa gading area. well located and attached to a shopping mall. the fee was 1400000rp for a 2 night stay. included in that was a nice breakfast buffet each morning and excellent high speed internet in the room. the rooms where very clean and i was inpressed with the service and speed of the internet connection which did not cost extra. probably better options in town but for those seeking the internet connection this is a good one.

Bkk212
10-04-10, 04:51
Hi,
Anyone have information on a new hotel - Amos Cozy.

It's close to Amaris, or maybe between Amaris and Melawi hotel.

Tried their website but it's not working as yet.

Member #4530
10-07-10, 08:12
I'm an Ambhara regular but have some Marriott Reward points to use and thought I might stay at the JW Marriot on my upcoming JKT trip. Can anyone comment on it?

I assume its as guest friendly as any other Indonesia hotel. Looking at Google satellite there doesn't seem to be much around it. Are there any cheap food courts, shopping malls and supermarkets nearby as I'm accustomed to at Blok M?

Location wise it appears to be no mans land as its fairly far from Blok M and futher to Kota. Any venues in the area? Is the JW worth it or should I stick to my tried and true and overpriced Ambhara?

thanks,
waffles

John Aldrich
10-07-10, 17:55
I'm an Ambhara regular but have some Marriott Reward points to use and thought I might stay at the JW Marriot on my upcoming JKT trip. Can anyone comment on it?

I assume its as guest friendly as any other Indonesia hotel. Looking at Google satellite there doesn't seem to be much around it. Are there any cheap food courts, shopping malls and supermarkets nearby as I'm accustomed to at Blok M?

Location wise it appears to be no mans land as its fairly far from Blok M and futher to Kota. Any venues in the area? Is the JW worth it or should I stick to my tried and true and overpriced Ambhara?

thanks,
waffles

Hi Waffles,

Mal Ambassador is walking distance and so is Bellagio. Ritz Carlton a sister hotel of J W Marriot has a night club called Mistere and you can pick up FL there. Though a bit pricy than Blok M. Le Meridien is also closeby where you have Tiga Pulu or the BATS at Shangrila. You can take a cab and go to Tiga Kuda in Hotel Menteng 2 in Cikini or even to DeLeila in Gatot Subroto, which is in the Patra Jasa building. Both Tiga Kuda and Deleila are targeted to middle eastern customers and manytimes you get stunning girls who are half middle eastern there if you really look out. And they would be priced around the same as Blok M. And then you have Aphrodisiac in Club Rasuna where you will find some of the mistressess of some rich Indonesian or oil and gas expats who are deprived of sex on account of their partners not being around and would want to be picked up. Quite a few joints around. But except for Mistere, you will have to take a cab everywhere else and they are within a radius of 2 to 5 km. You can walk across to Mistere

Menteng
10-08-10, 11:01
And then you have Aphrodisiac in Club Rasuna where you will find some of the mistressess of some rich Indonesian or oil and gas expats who are deprived of sex on account of their partners not being around and would want to be picked up.

LOL John, Aphrodites became Aphrodisiac. Reminds of the past of Hotel Melawai I. The name was Interhouse in those days but for obvious reasons it was known as Intercourse.

Dorman
10-09-10, 03:57
Hi,

It's near Melawei on Jalan Melawei, last year while it was being built they hung a banner out saying it would open in July 2009, the banner is now gone, the hotel seems to be built but still not open, not sure what's going on there.

Master Diver II
10-09-10, 07:11
LOL John, Aphrodites became Aphrodisiac. Reminds of the past of Hotel Melawai I. The name was Interhouse in those days but for obvious reasons it was known as Intercourse.
It's due to a condition called spermatotitis (short form s-titis) caused by excess sperm in the system, causing the mind to think along alternate lines...:D

Incidentally some unhappy married women in Aphrodite too - sometimes the wives of elderly bule... happened to me before...

MD II

Menteng
10-09-10, 09:57
It's due to a condition called spermatotitis (short form s-titis) caused by excess sperm in the system, causing the mind to think along alternate lines...:D

Incidentally some unhappy married women in Aphrodite too - sometimes the wives of elderly bule... happened to me before...

MD II

I thought those women are like that because they lack sperm in their system. :D

Tommy Suharto
10-09-10, 12:37
Hi,

Their site seems to be working now. They have a twitter account which doesn't say much, but does have a phone number and some promo's listed.

Re Kaha. I know both Kaha's at blok M and Gambir and am happy with their offers. I will use them again. Even though some employees can be a bit cheeky to their own benefit, the result price may still work out better than internet hotel room providers. Knowing some online hotel room rates before buying a voucher helps.

Master Diver II
10-09-10, 16:26
I thought those women are like that because they lack sperm in their system. :D
That's a condition called LOS bro otherwise known as lack of sex - but I guess you'd call that lack of sperm. :D

Btw does the Amaris have a fridge and a safe in the room?

MD II

Member #4530
10-09-10, 19:57
You can take a cab and go to Tiga Kuda in Hotel Menteng 2 in Cikini or even to DeLeila in Gatot Subroto, which is in the Patra Jasa building. Both Tiga Kuda and Deleila are targeted to middle eastern customers and manytimes you get stunning girls who are half middle eastern there if you really look out. And they would be priced around the same as Blok M. And then you have Aphrodisiac in Club Rasuna where you will find some of the mistressess of some rich Indonesian or oil and gas expats who are deprived of sex on account of their partners not being around and would want to be picked up.

John,

What kind of venues are Cikini, DeLeila and Aphrodisiac? Are these bars, discos? What would be the optimum time of day to visit?

thanks,
waffles

Cooze Hound
10-10-10, 07:57
That's a condition called LOS bro otherwise known as lack of sex - but I guess you'd call that lack of sperm. :D

Btw does the Amaris have a fridge and a safe in the room?

MD II

Previous page I mention the in room safe at the Amaris, but for the life of me cannot recall the fridge.
http://www.santika.com/amaris_jakarta_overview.php

Master Diver II
10-10-10, 14:20
John,

What kind of venues are Cikini, DeLeila and Aphrodisiac? Are these bars, discos? What would be the optimum time of day to visit?

thanks,
waffles
Cikini is an area of Jakarta; Delilah(?) and Aphrodite are clubs/bars. Delilah tends to cater more for Arabs but there are some interesting girls at very reasonable prices. Aphrodite is less commercial but not without possibilities. The girls will however take advantage if they even get a slight whiff of a Jakarta newbie. Take heed of all the advice given in the Jakarta forum...

MD II

Kubahans
10-16-10, 14:12
Hi

could anybody help me to find a centrally located budget hotel in Jakarta ? It should be safe and clean. The rooms should have a safety deposit box inside. My budget is between 30 and 40 USD per night.

I do not want to go to Jalan Jaksa.

Thanks in advance. Your appropiate advice would be highly appreciated

WestCoast1
10-16-10, 20:13
Hi

could anybody help me to find a centrally located budget hotel in Jakarta ? It should be safe and clean. The rooms should have a safety deposit box inside. My budget is between 30 and 40 USD per night.

I do not want to go to Jalan Jaksa.

Thanks in advance. Your appropiate advice would be highly appreciated
I don't think what you are looking for exists. Hotels with in-room safes are more expensive. Hotel Atlet Century is centrally located, in the Senayan area, just south of Jalan Jaksa (Jalan Jaksa is just south of Monas, right in the center of Jakarta). Rates are about $60+tax. They have a safe in the room. There are a number of hotels in the city center, also near Monas, and they have in-room safes, but they are high-end hotels, $80 and up.

If you don't mind staying out of the way, try Traveler's Hotel:

http://travellersjakarta.com/quality/

I got a Deluxe room there for $45 net. Free buffet breakfast, clean hotel and rooms (no pool), a bar, excercise room, and a safe in the room. They upgraded me to a business-class room upon check-in. Its quiet and out-of-the-way. Manga Besar area, between city central and Ancol in the northeast. Not far from Sparks Hotel, and not far from Stadium disco. I think it used to be called Quality Inn (or similar). Not to be confused with Hotel Travel (which is also nearby).

Kubahans
10-18-10, 17:28
Thanks for the answer

What about a cheaper hotel with rates within my budget between 30 and 40 USD in a central location as long as it is clean ?

If cheaper hotels do not have an in-room safe is it at least safe to leave valuables with the reception desk ?

Any recommendation for a cheaper hotel would be appreciated

Bulai69
10-18-10, 23:41
Thanks for the answer

What about a cheaper hotel with rates within my budget between 30 and 40 USD in a central location as long as it is clean ?

If cheaper hotels do not have an in-room safe is it at least safe to leave valuables with the reception desk ?

Try IBIS hotels, there are a few of them, probably Tamarin is best

Jaimito Cartero
10-19-10, 00:43
I got the Crowne Plaza for $25 a night. However, that special us no longer bookable.

WestCoast1
10-19-10, 03:54
Thanks for the answer

Yes, they are safe. You can find IBIS hotels for under $40, and possibly with free breakfast. Rooms are not big, but the hotels are clean/safe.

Cpyas
10-21-10, 06:16
Has anyone tried the massage at Four seasons Jakarta or in room massage there?

Any extras offered?

Fast Eddie 48
10-26-10, 22:32
Thanks for the answer

What about a cheaper hotel with rates within my budget between 30 and 40 USD in a central location as long as it is clean?

If cheaper hotels do not have an in-room safe is it at least safe to leave valuables with the reception desk?

Any recommendation for a cheaper hotel would be appreciatedKubahans,

Try the Olympic hotel near the Lopasari Plaza on Manga Besar 5 min walk to Hotel travel 36 USD a night, I stay have 3 month ago it is a business hotel with safe in the front desk.

Fast Eddie 48

Koperen Ko
10-29-10, 23:01
I don't think what you are looking for exists. Hotels with in-room safes are more expensive. Hotel Atlet Century is centrally located, in the Senayan area, just south of Jalan Jaksa (Jalan Jaksa is just south of Monas, right in the center of Jakarta). Rates are about $60+tax. They have a safe in the room. There are a number of hotels in the city center, also near Monas, and they have in-room safes, but they are high-end hotels, $80 and up.

If you don't mind staying out of the way, try Traveler's Hotel:

http://travellersjakarta.com/quality/

I got a Deluxe room there for $45 net. Free buffet breakfast, clean hotel and rooms (no pool), a bar, excercise room, and a safe in the room. They upgraded me to a business-class room upon check-in. Its quiet and out-of-the-way. Manga Besar area, between city central and Ancol in the northeast. Not far from Sparks Hotel, and not far from Stadium disco. I think it used to be called Quality Inn (or similar). Not to be confused with Hotel Travel (which is also nearby).

I don't want to start a flame war, but you have got your geography slightly mixed up.
Jalan Jaksa is to the north of Monas, in the Kota area. Monas is considered to be in the North.
Atlet Century is in the Senayan area, not too far from Blok M. I would not fancy walking fom Jalan Jaksa to Atlet Century :-)
Any newbie (or any visitor for that matter) should seriously consider buying a Jakarta street map, with my firm favourite being the Falkplan.

Regards,
Ko

WestCoast1
10-30-10, 01:07
I don't want to start a flame war, but you have got your geography slightly mixed up.
Jalan Jaksa is to the north of Monas, in the Kota area. Monas is considered to be in the North.
Atlet Century is in the Senayan area, not too far from Blok M. I would not fancy walking fom Jalan Jaksa to Atlet Century :-)
Any newbie (or any visitor for that matter) should seriously consider buying a Jakarta street map, with my firm favourite being the Falkplan.

Regards,
Ko
However, I didn't suggest anyone walk anywhere, and he's not going to find a decent place with an in-room safe for $30-$40.

Haggis Man
10-30-10, 07:49

KoYou should get a map to Jalan Jaksa is a good distance from Kota. Jalan Jaksa is by Sabang and Sarinah a good few kms from Kota.

Please get a map yourself, before commenting on other.

HM

Cooze Hound
10-30-10, 09:07

Regards,
Ko

Ko,

Jl Jaksa, the backpacker area, is actually just south of Monas, officially in Menteng

Cheers

Menteng
10-30-10, 10:32
Ko,

Jl Jaksa, the backpacker area, is actually just south of Monas, officially in Menteng

Cheers
You are 100% right. It connects jl. Kebon Sirih and jl. Wahid Hasyim. I know because I lived in that area. Hence my handle.

Koperen Ko
10-30-10, 11:11
You are 100% right. It connects jl. Kebon Sirih and jl. Wahid Hasyim. I know because I lived in that area. Hence my handle.
Mixed it up with the Hayam Wuruk area.

WestCoast1
10-30-10, 12:06
Ko,

Cheers
I was right about something? My ex assured me that would never happen. Well then, I'm going to do something special for myself today. 'Milkshake-and-a-skank' it is.

Bkk212
11-01-10, 14:59
Hi,
I agree totally with you about Kaha, I use them all the time, but as you said need to do some research first.

I do check the online rates and e-mail the hotels that I want to stay before I check with Kaha and Kaha is always a bit lower.

But you have to be aware of the 'service at Kaha' sometimes.

I saw that the Amos Cozy website is working but as usual in JKT they don't respond to e-mail, until you send them a few times.

Their site seems to be working now. They have a twitter account which doesn't say much, but does have a phone number and some promo's listed.

Re Kaha. I know both Kaha's at blok M and Gambir and am happy with their offers. I will use them again. Even though some employees can be a bit cheeky to their own benefit, the result price may still work out better than internet hotel room providers. Knowing some online hotel room rates before buying a voucher helps.

Member #2041
11-02-10, 04:20
I wanted to put in a good word for the Sheraton just south of Manga Dua, at the end of Manga Besar. This place has gotten totally trashed in Tripadvisor reviews, but I have to say that it was noticeably better than I expected it to be based on those reviews. I went for it because it's a great deal with SPG Cash + Points, and I think that the location is better for our hobby than Le Meridien is. I stayed in Le Meridien during my 1st 3 days In Jakarta, and for my last 3 days, I wanted to be closer to the places such as Hotel Travel - and the Sheraton is quite a bit closer than the Meridien is. And given what a pain it is to get around Jakarta due to traffic, location is everything. I can't speak for the standard rooms, but I can certainly say that if you have SPG status, the rooms on the SPG floors are fine. I had no problem at all with mildew smells - which the Tripadvisor reviews seem to harp on. The quality of the bedding was outstanding - at the level of a Westin Heavenly bed, and the room had a nice 32" flat screen HDTV. The restaurants were good and offered some great value deals (all you can eat Dim Sum lunch for 70K, all you can eat Thai dinner for 110K), and the service of the staff was top tier. My only real gripe is that they don't offer Sheraton Link free internet access.

Pemcd
11-14-10, 04:57
Since years after staying at all sorts of hotels in Jakarta (Shangri La, Hyatt, and even cheap hotel like Grand Flora Kemang) I have found for myself that I like staying at the Manhattan Hotel. It is a very 'local' hotel I would say but has nice rooms (usual take the manhattan suite for weekend rate of 975.000 or so) and for me is the excellent terms of price/comfort if I want a cheap weekend getaway fm Singapore to enjoy some treats of Jakarta. Also as I fear of beiong bombed if I would stray at one of the big international hotels (I know probably stupid of me but what to do...) this has a way lesser likelyhood of bveing bombed in my opinion.

Suite comes with small kitchenette, and a very large bathroom incl jacuzi which I enjoy for play.

It has an ok/bit rundown pooldeck which I enjoy as it is on 5/6 fgloor and you can look down onto the town and see the hustle and bustle...

It is close to ambassador Mall (very local mall, lots of copy dvds to buy in the basement) which I kinda like as it has a nice 'Indonesia Feeling' to it. BLOK M is prob a 15-20 m,ins cab ride away, but as I usually see my standard girl in Jakarta since 2006 (cutest girl I have ever met) I do not really go to BLOK M anymore during my stays.

Just my two cents worth.

Eddieb
12-21-10, 11:17
When I arrived in Jakarta for the first time a few years ago I had the taxi drive me to Jl Jaksa. It was after dark and the neighborhood was to scary to get out of the cab. So I just went to a Ibis hotel and negotiated a good price at the front desk.

Definately GF friendly, no questions asked when I came back with a lady after midnight.

The girl I had with me the next morning also enjoyed the great breakfast buffet. But I must admit I never care about looks from staff or other guests.

However, I didn't suggest anyone walk anywhere, and he's not going to find a decent place with an in-room safe for $30-$40.

Pemcd
12-24-10, 08:08
Hey,

I will be visiting Jakarta with a friend and we always fantasized having a gangbang the two of us and 3-4 girls.

Looking for a hotel where no problem to bring so many girls and where have 2 big beds in one room. Any bright ideas?

WestCoast1
12-24-10, 23:16
Hey,

I will be visiting Jakarta with a friend and we always fantasized having a gangbang the two of us and 3-4 girls.

Looking for a hotel where no problem to bring so many girls and where have 2 big beds in one room. Any bright ideas? Most hotels won't turn a head if you walk in with two girls. Take separate taxis back to the hotel. You grab two girls and go to your hotel room. Your friend grabs two girls and goes in a separate taxi, few minutes after you. He then proceeds to your room: now a total of 4 girls. Have fun. Do ST and get rid of them.

Tiny 12
12-28-10, 01:14
I've got to stay at an upscale place to impress clients, and the Mulia is booked. I'm trying to decide between the following. Which would you pick, based on readily available poontang (I. E. BATS, Mistere, the bar in the Hyatt / Plaza Indonesia) and fast in-room internet?

1. ShangriLa.

2. Ritz Carlton.

3. Hyatt.

4. Someplace else in the CBD or around Senayan?

Thanks.

Tiny

KL Guy
01-17-11, 06:51
I've got to stay at an upscale place to impress clients, and the Mulia is booked. I'm trying to decide between the following. Which would you pick, based on readily available poontang (I. E. BATS, Mistere, the bar in the Hyatt / Plaza Indonesia) and fast in-room internet?

1. ShangriLa.

2. Ritz Carlton.

3. Hyatt.

Thanks.

TinyMy personal choice would be Ritz!

Tiny 12
01-20-11, 09:57
My personal choice would be Ritz!I ended up choosing the Hyatt, and the selection in the club here, Burgundy, leaves a lot to be desired. There are indeed hookers, but they look like Top Gun Rejects. The hotel is getting a little worn, it's overpriced, and the A/C in my room sucks. I liked the Atlet Century Plaza better, at 30% of the price of this place.

I've historically worked in the area of the Artha Graha building and the Bursa Efek Jakarta when I came here in years past. I went there yesterday and the entire, giant formerly vacant area between the buildings was filled in with a brand new Ritz and a brand new mall. It looks nice. I wish I'd stayed at the Ritz.

Again, where were you when I needed you KL Guy?

Traveler1234
01-20-11, 13:19
My personal choice would be Ritz!Not Shang?

KL Guy
01-24-11, 13:51
I ended up choosing the Hyatt, and the selection in the club here, Burgundy, leaves a lot to be desired. There are indeed hookers, but they look like Top Gun Rejects. The hotel is getting a little worn, it's overpriced, and the A / C in my room sucks. I liked the Atlet Century Plaza better, at 30% of the price of this place.

I've historically worked in the area of the Artha Graha building and the Bursa Efek Jakarta when I came here in years past. I went there yesterday and the entire, giant formerly vacant area between the buildings was filled in with a brand new Ritz and a brand new mall. It looks nice. I wish I'd stayed at the Ritz.

Again, where were you when I needed you KL Guy? I don't log on to ISG on a regular basis like before and I'm surprised you picked Hyatt when your aim is upscale & to impress! But if you're choice was upscale & pick up place then I would have chosen Shang! I answered based on your requirements!

Master Diver II
01-25-11, 11:25
I don't log on to ISG on a regular basis like before and I'm surprised you picked Hyatt when your aim is upscale & to impress! But if you're choice was upscale & pick up place then I would have chosen Shang! I answered based on your requirements!On the spot bro, if you ask me for an upscale hotel with good backup in house, I would have said Shangri-La as the girls in CJs have a crazy idea of what the market price should be. Having said that, I'm enjoying the introductory rate at Citadines on Wahid Hasyim; crappy breakfast but decent room with cooking facilities. I could have cooked better scrambled eggs in the room. But all said and done, it's good value for money. And a good base to bring freebies where no one will see you.

MD II

Tiny 12
01-26-11, 10:10
I don't log on to ISG on a regular basis like before and I'm surprised you picked Hyatt when your aim is upscale & to impress! But if you're choice was upscale & pick up place then I would have chosen Shang! I answered based on your requirements!KL Guy, I was just kidding, although the Ritz did look nice. My final choice was dictated by where I had meetings and Hyatt was closest. I did make it by Shangrila, and BATS did indeed kick ass, much better than CJ's a few years ago when I stayed in the Mulia.

Koperen Ko
01-28-11, 00:42

1. ShangriLa.

2. Ritz Carlton.

3. Hyatt.

Thanks.

TinyI like Atlet Century very much, especially after the recent renovation.

Regards,

Ko

WestCoast1
01-28-11, 07:11
I like Atlet Century very much, especially after the recent renovation.

Regards,

KoThe Atlet is nice, and right next to Senayan Plaza.

Tiny 12
01-30-11, 12:56
The Atlet is nice, and right next to Senayan Plaza.Maybe it's just me (I'm shy) , but what I really liked about the Atlet is you can go through the back door, on the side of the hotel towards Senayan, so there's no walk of shame with your date. Especially if she's half your age, dressed like a hooker, and has multiple tatoos and piercings.