PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta - Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

TimTimGuy
05-12-14, 03:16
The reviews for the Ambhara on Tripadvisor are not so good. *snip*

I have never visited Jakarta. Is the Hotel Gran Mahakam a good choice given that it is walking distance from Blok M?

Thanks!Gran Mahakum would be fine. I stayed there once, about 4 years ago, when I had a few days business in the Blok M area. It's a bit further walk than Ambahara, unless you are comfortable walking near / through the bus station. At Gran Mahakum, you would be closer to Maribaya Spa.

On balance, I would lean toward Ambhara unless you got a good, really good, price at Gran Mahakum. Enjoy the trip!

Master Diver II
05-12-14, 08:25
The reviews for the Ambhara on Tripadvisor are not so good. Here is a sampling of the quotes:

"The elevator is very old and trying to kill us several times (it had a very short timespan between opening and closing). The room was quite old","Staff with limited ability to speak Engish","Rooms need renovation" etc.

I have never visited Jakarta. Is the Hotel Gran Mahakam a good choice given that it is walking distance from Blok M?

Please feel free to recommend another Hotel with good breakfast buffet. A slightly higher price tier per night is acceptable.

Thanks!If you want newer hotels at a better price, you can look at Fave hotel, M Hotel and Neo. All are much newer. There's also Oak Tree Urban near to Gran Mahakam. All are pretty reasonably priced too. Not too sure about their breakfast, but Gran Mahakam is definitely not in the same price range as Ambhara either.

MD II

Tiny 12
05-12-14, 12:02
I got the following in a PM from a senior member who contributes. I'm not entirely qualified to answer so am posting here for more input:

Lately, I have been visiting Bangkok again after a long absence. I have been RTFF to plan my first visit to Jakarta.

I still do not know where I should stay in the North or South. I do understand that traffic here (just like Manila) limits mobility.

I am in my mid-40s and like to meet Freelancers for ST who can give a BBBJ. I am *not* a big fan of paying bar fine.

Please advise where I should stay so I can avoid wasting precious time sitting in traffic.

Names of Hotel would be helpful so I can look them up.If he wants English speakers and isn't a budget monger, my top recommendation would be Shangrila (where BATS is located) and second choice would be Mulia (where C. J. 's is located). At either hotel, you can take the elevator/staircase to where the hookers are. I've actually never stayed at Shangrila, although I did spend a month at Mulia and liked it a lot. Very nice hotel, reasonably close to Blok M and also close to Senayan, which in addition to having a nice mall has Red Square. They gave me a cake on my birthday.

If he's a budget monger and wants English speakers then Hotel Atlet Century Park would be my favorite of the hotels I've stayed in. Atlet Century Park is kind of next door to the Mulia. It's a little worn but a nice hotel with lots of amenities.

For budget choices close to Blok M, I suspect the last 3 posts below (Master Diver, SpearsMan, TimTim) provide good recommendations and are closer to the the action than anything I've mentioned.

And if he's not so concerned about English, then maybe he should be North of downtown, around Stadium, and I know nothing about hotels in that area.

Anybody want to weigh in?

Tiny 12
05-12-14, 13:26
Sr Member, the edit function isn't working and I don't think I was too clear. Anyway, by English speakers I was referring to freelancers. You are more likely to find them in BATS in the Shangrila and on Jalan Faletahan in Blok M. You'll also find them in smaller percentages at C. J. 's and Red Square. While I've never been to freelancer venues in north Jakarta, based on what I've experienced in other venues there, you better be prepared to use some sign language if you don't know Bahasa Indonesia.

Master Diver II
05-12-14, 13:50
I got the following in a PM from a senior member who contributes. I'm not entirely qualified to answer so am posting here for more input.

Anybody want to weigh in?I just have a couple of comments:

1. He really hasn't RTFF if he's talking about bar fines. I've yet to pay a bar fine in Jakarta. Is there any concept of this here?

2. CJs just like BATS is crawling with freelancers, Red Square less so. The chances of meeting "normal" girls in either CJs or BATS is extremely low but not zero. I have gotten lucky a see few times in both places and I've gone to CJs with a normal girl on ladies night (Wednesdays) for the band.

3. You're right, if he needs English speaking FLs, he'd better stick to the hotel bars, and Blok M. Then again ALL of these places get going after 11pm or later so the effects of traffic will be minimised. As long as he stays central to South Jakarta, there should be no issues.

4. I can't recall any FL asking to do a CBJ, all offered BBBJ.

5. There are a lot of hotels so perhaps he should state his budget, or whether there is no limit.

6. Maybe he should ask JAD for a "nightlife" tour.

MD II

Osaka
05-12-14, 15:06
Will be in Jakarta over 17 May for a few days, first time visit, Almbhara is sold out, the Falethan hotel by Safin is available. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Osaka

Medanboy
05-12-14, 20:16
Well I did not saw it mentionned and as I like it I would like to share. It is next to pasar festival and mmc hospital which helps it for the taxis to find it. It is apartment style which makes sur you have a big room even if you don't like to cook. It is on the mid-higher end tier (1million idr on the official website) but I find it strategical to go to thamrin and not far from casablanca and the south. I used to like the good quality priced kota hotels but they isolate me with the macet. Pasar festival suits the needs for food. Epicentrum mall is close by for movies and has a nice half outside bar called liquid. The karaoke in epimall looks great (none of the conventional brands). Its girlfriendly like almost all hotels and for those who do not like to pass by the lobby desk you can enter through the hospital next door (ye.). Looks brand new.

Breakfast is on the 2nd floor and basic but good as usual.
The swimming pool is rather small but ok for some laps amd located outside between 2 floors.
Taxis are arranged relative fast by the lobby but not on stand by.
An army of ojeks can be found next to the mmc hospital.
Wifi quality is rather bad; not suited for active use.

For those who like dating in the area its perfect. For mongering perhaps a bit more far off but not to far to the known places and it is in a cleaner / greener area. I hope to find a cheaper alternative in the 650. 000 range here as they seem to be building a lot. A new one close by "the grove suits". "5 stars" seems to have opened. Costing 800. 000 idr (tax included seems a good option).

I haven't found local spa's nearby. Thats perhaps a negative issue.

Might be an idea to others.

Mighty Spearsman
05-13-14, 02:17
I got the following in a PM from a senior member who contributes. I'm not entirely qualified to answer so am posting here for more input:

If he wants English speakers and isn't a budget monger, my top recommendation would be Shangrila (where BATS is located) and second choice would be Mulia (where C. J. 's is located). At either hotel, you can take the elevator / staircase to where the hookers are. I've actually never stayed at Shangrila, although I did spend a month at Mulia and liked it a lot. Very nice hotel, reasonably close to Blok M and also close to Senayan, which in addition to having a nice mall has Red Square. They gave me a cake on my birthday.

If he's a budget monger and wants English speakers then Hotel Atlet Century Park would be my favorite of the hotels I've stayed in. Atlet Century Park is kind of next door to the Mulia. It's a little worn but a nice hotel with lots of amenities.

For budget choices close to Blok M, I suspect the last 3 posts below (Master Diver, SpearsMan, TimTim) provide good recommendations and are closer to the the action than anything I've mentioned.

And if he's not so concerned about English, then maybe he should be North of downtown, around Stadium, and I know nothing about hotels in that area.

Anybody want to weigh in?Since your friend has apparently never been to Indonesia before and probably doesn't speak Bahasa Indonesian, my advice is similar to MDII's.

- stay away from hotels in the northern end, instead stay in the Jalan Thamrin-to-Kuningan-to-Senayan-to-Blok M area.

- definitely consider booking a trip with JAD for a tour, as JAD can give him a quick overview of the different types of places (North / South, higher end to lower end) and help him make the best use of his time in Jakarta.

Something that is obvious but worth mentioning. A first-time visitor to Jakarta can take advantage of JAD's know-how and expertise his first night in town, and then can go off on his own for the remaining evenings of his stay in town, visiting those places that JAD pointed out to him the first night. For example, a monger with a decent amount of cash who is seeking freelancers can rotate between BATS, CJs, Red Square and Tiga Puluh, maybe Ritz-Carlton, while a more budget-minded monger could try the Blok M places, maybe Stadium, while someone who enjoys the MPs / spas can rotate between Maribaya, Kartika, Berlian, Malioboro, Alexis, Travel, etc. However, a short-term visitor wouldn't be able to do so without a guide like JAD to show them the ropes (and where these places are located).

Another possibility is to find a nice girl at an MP/spa, then arrange to have her come to your hotel after her evening shift at the MP/spa is over. Some of the best sessions I ever had in Jakarta were in my hotel room (when I was just visiting Jakarta, not living there) with Cynthia (who I had met at Kartika), Tatik (who I had met at Maribaya, best BBBJ in Jakarta IMHO) and a girl who works at the spa at Mal Ambassador who will remain nameless (I've never posted about her before, will continue to keep things quiet).

Here's hoping your friend posts a report about his trip here on ISG!

MochiChoco
05-19-14, 08:47
I've done some RTFF on the forums and have to ask some advice still:

-I'm on a business trip around week of 23 June 2014, I'll be with another overseas colleague, which I don't intend to spend evenings with.

-I'm looking at this RedTop hotel to stay in, 4 stars, USD $70 per night (incl service and taxes), as it seems to be near Classic Hotel (plan to check out Terminal Classic or Terminal 2).

-Classic Hotel, I would not want to stay there as it would be too obvious to my colleague, hence picking a clean hotel that is walking distance to Classic.

-Am also interested in Kimochi Spa I, which seems to be a 12 min walk north from my hotel.

-I have been given advice that it's now IDR 350 k+50 k (tips) for Classic and 500 k for Kimochi for FS.

-also have been warned about drink touting in big establishments and taxi touting (only take blue bird taxi).

-I'm actually rather worried about throat infections so usually I do not go down (tongue on clit / pussy) on a girl, so my thinking is usually P4 P, at least that way the mentality is already 'paid to serve' so I do not have to invest time (and health) into pleasuring the girl.

-What is the system like at Classic when you pick a girl for 350 k? Bring her to your room in classic? Or she can walk with you back to a place 5 mins away?

-Any other comments and advice welcome, feel free to post here or pm me. I don't think I can reply pm yet though, unsure.

Mighty Spearsman
05-20-14, 02:38
I've done some RTFF on the forums and have to ask some advice still:

-I'm on a business trip around week of 23 June 2014, I'll be with another overseas colleague, which I don't intend to spend evenings with.

-I'm looking at this RedTop hotel to stay in, 4 stars, USD $70 per night (incl service and taxes), as it seems to be near Classic Hotel (plan to check out Terminal Classic or Terminal 2).

-Classic Hotel, I would not want to stay there as it would be too obvious to my colleague, hence picking a clean hotel that is walking distance to Classic.

-Am also interested in Kimochi Spa I, which seems to be a 12 min walk north from my hotel.

-I have been given advice that it's now IDR 350 k+50 k (tips) for Classic and 500 k for Kimochi for FS.

-also have been warned about drink touting in big establishments and taxi touting (only take blue bird taxi).

-I'm actually rather worried about throat infections so usually I do not go down (tongue on clit / pussy) on a girl, so my thinking is usually P4 P, at least that way the mentality is already 'paid to serve' so I do not have to invest time (and health) into pleasuring the girl.

-What is the system like at Classic when you pick a girl for 350 k? Bring her to your room in classic? Or she can walk with you back to a place 5 mins away?

-Any other comments and advice welcome, feel free to post here or pm me. I don't think I can reply pm yet though, unsure.Hopefully you did enough RTFF to read that Ramadan begins in late June. In a post that I wrote on April 29th:

"Please keep in mind that the fasting month of Ramadan begins around June 28th, so the Stadium, Kartika and most of the other saunas will be closed from June 25th onwards, to reopen in August."

I may have been too optimistic, most of the spas and MPs may shut down even before June 25th, with the girls leaving town to return to their home villages for 5-6 weeks, which might severely impact your evening activities.

Some of the higher-end hotel spas, such as Hotel Alexis and Hotel Malioboro, should still be open. I'm not sure about Hotel Classic, but in general the mongering scene will be much quieter than you might had expected.

Bkk212
06-02-14, 13:31
Will be in Jakarta over 17 May for a few days, first time visit, Almbhara is sold out, the Falethan hotel by Safin is available. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

OsakaI believe that there are two new hotels on Falethan not sure of both names but one about half way down is called Sotis hotel and the other at the end of the street I am not sure of the.

Name it may be Safin.

There is also the Blue Gryadi in front of Jl. Falethan it is facing the main road, it's actually obliquely opposite to Ambhara Hotel.

Bkk212
06-02-14, 13:45
just returned from a stay in jakarta, part in the novotel and part in ibis sarinah. the novotel is quite far from blok m but that didn't bother me at night it takes about 20 minutes by taxi one way.

novotel staff could sure use an upgrade on service the only persons who were helpful were the bellboys and the room cleaning person. the front staff desk persons were useless when asked any information and quick to tell you that we don't have your booking so you will have to pay full rate (too long a story). the girls working on the desk try their best to ignore you (perhaps they think i want to ask them for personal details).

room is spacious, has a nice layout tv flat screen small but has asn so can watch nhl hockey live, it was clean, this time the room i stayed in had blackout drapes so i guess it's the luck of the draw. the gym has so broken equipment from the last time i stayed there as well as the sauna and steam room doesn't work.

ibis tamarin, good for a short stay, most of the gym equipment doesn't work, pool is small but ok. the rooms are very small, very difficult for 2 persons in the bath at the same time, but it works especially as there is no wos as the novotel has. most nights when i return there is no one around, the front desk staff and one security are usually hanging out at the.

pool, so bringing in a companion (or two) is not a problem. i was worried at the novotel to bring in more than 1 person.

Ramon Pillar
06-03-14, 19:20
I just have a couple of comments:

1. He really hasn't RTFF if he's talking about bar fines. I've yet to pay a bar fine in Jakarta. Is there any concept of this here?

2. CJs just like BATS is crawling with freelancers, Red Square less so. The chances of meeting "normal" girls in either CJs or BATS is extremely low but not zero. I have gotten lucky a see few times in both places and I've gone to CJs with a normal girl on ladies night (Wednesdays) for the band.

3. You're right, if he needs English speaking FLs, he'd better stick to the hotel bars, and Blok M. Then again ALL of these places get going after 11pm or later so the effects of traffic will be minimised. As long as he stays central to South Jakarta, there should be no issues.

4. I can't recall any FL asking to do a CBJ, all offered BBBJ.

5. There are a lot of hotels so perhaps he should state his budget, or whether there is no limit.

6. Maybe he should ask JAD for a "nightlife" tour.

MD IIJad where do you find Info? Just saw a blog updated to 2011 and of then nothing else.

Master Diver II
06-04-14, 08:56
Jad where do you find Info? Just saw a blog updated to 2011 and of then nothing else.Maybe you should refer to his website. I think it's www.jakartaafterdark.com if I remember correctly. To be honest I haven't had to look for contact info for years as we do keep in touch when I'm in Jakarta.

MD II.

ABCinLA
06-21-14, 02:33
Thinking about staying in this hotel when I get to Jakarta later in the year. What special services do they offer in the Spa. Just HJ and maybe BJ? In my first visit to Jakarta I got a hotel from the.

Airport hotel desk. Just curious is their prices competitive or is it better online directly with the hotel?

LA Guy 5
06-21-14, 11:44
Thinking about staying in this hotel when I get to Jakarta later in the year. What special services do they offer in the Spa. Just HJ and maybe BJ? In my first visit to Jakarta I got a hotel from the.

Airport hotel desk. Just curious is their prices competitive or is it better online directly with the hotel?The spa there was once recommended to me by an Indonesian who works at one of the convenience stores in PenJay (where Sari Ayu, LA Bar, etc. Are located). There are actually two Orchardz Hotels within about 1/2 a mile of each other (and not far at all from PenJay but a long walk) and both have spas. OTOH, maybe there are other Orchardz elsewhere, so you may want to check whether the one you are considering is one of the two near PenJay and / or the Media Tower Hotel (formerly the Sheraton Media).

The guy who recommended it knew I was looking for a similar experience as at the bars at PenJay, I. E. , full service, so I assume Orchardz offers this. In fact, the reason I was seeking the recommendation is it was one of those holidays--not Ramadan if I remember correctly--where the P4 P places were all closed unless they existed in a hotel. I did not, however, try the place (it turned out it was also closed owing to the holiday when I went there) so cannot state with high confidence it offers full service (but it more than likely does).

MWong
06-22-14, 03:27
The spa there was once recommended to me by an Indonesian who works at one of the convenience stores in PenJay (where Sari Ayu, LA Bar, etc. Are located). There are actually two Orchardz Hotels within about 1/2 a mile of each other (and not far at all from PenJay but a long walk) and both have spas. OTOH, maybe there are other Orchardz elsewhere, so you may want to check whether the one you are considering is one of the two near PenJay and / or the Media Tower Hotel (formerly the Sheraton Media).

The guy who recommended it knew I was looking for a similar experience as at the bars at PenJay, I. E. , full service, so I assume Orchardz offers this. In fact, the reason I was seeking the recommendation is it was one of those holidays--not Ramadan if I remember correctly--where the P4 P places were all closed unless they existed in a hotel. I did not, however, try the place (it turned out it was also closed owing to the holiday when I went there) so cannot state with high confidence it offers full service (but it more than likely does).LA Guy / ABCinLA, the "spa" at the Orchardz Jl Industri (near Media Tower, as LAGuy says) is full pay for play. IIRC, it was around 650 K for the cheapest package with full service, but they also have blowjob, oily massage + HJ, threesome packages too. If you opt for a package without full service, you can always "upgrade" direct with provider.

If you staying at the hotel, you can order from the spa to your room, and it is slightly cheaper. Also, you cannot pick the girl. I have try Orchardz near the airport and also Jl Industri and have found the quality of the talent (appearance and service) better at Orchardz airport, but YMMV.

Member #4410
07-02-14, 01:37
Affirmative. The best breakfast in South Jakarta. Grand Kemang, Arion Swiss Kemang and Gran Mahakam have also great breakfasts, but nothing beats the Ambhara breakfast buffet. The friendly staff is also great. And it has a swimming pool, the Falatehan hotel does not have? Drawback for me in the Ambhara is the internet. It is expensive and I can see the Falatehan hotel offers free Wifi.

There is also this new hotel right in the middle of Jl. Falatehan. Sotis hotel. I don't know what it is like, but if they start offering short time rooms, I bet they'll have a lot of success.I stayed at the Atlet Century last week and they now have a breakfast that seriously challenges the Ambhara's.

A few months ago they completely and utterly renovated the restaurant and the only thing remaining of the old one is the location of the entrance.

They got rid of the elevated areas in the restaurant, sacrificed a few conference rooms and added them to the restaurant, removed the wall between the kitchen and the restaurant to make it an open kitchen and replaced all furniture. In addition to that they added a live mie station and other live cooking stations.

I was thoroughly impressed by all the improvements and told them so. Recommended.

Regards,

Ko.

Member #4410
07-02-14, 02:05
Early June I stayed at the hotel Harris FX Sudirman for 10 days. The hotel had been recommended by various members so I decided to give it a try.

The first time you enter the building, the FX shopping mall, you need a while to locate the hotel's front desk, but after that matters are handled briskly and you soon arrive in your room. The rooms a quite good: decent size and a good bathroom. Since the hotel rooms are located at the top floors of the building, which mostly consists if suites, the view from the room is quite spectacular. My room was at the 45th floor.

A big disadvantage of the hotel is that there is no restaurant. They have a contract with one of the restaurants in the mall, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, to be open for breakfast. This means you go into a deserted and dark shopping mall, locate the restaurant and order your breakfast. Eating breakfast in a dark mall is not my favourite.

One member mentioned the lack of a "walk of shame" because of the location of the entrance to the hotel in the shopping mall. My idea about that is that the "walk of shame" is like a divine being. Some people believe it exists, others don't. I belong to the latter group. An example: some years ago I stayed at the Ibis Slipi and the organisers of a mayor Golf tournament had arranged lodging for a number of players at the hotel. In addition to that they had arranged for girls for each contender for the night. So every morning there was a lot of sweet goodbyes at the hotel entrance. On on of these occasions an elderly Dutch couple said how remarkable it was that so many of the golf players were married to Indonesian women. <GRIN> .

Regards,

Ko.

Member #4410
07-02-14, 02:19
I'm curious as to the background of the person who wrote those quotes, as it sounds like someone who's 80 years old, has never traveled to a non-English-speaking country before and who wants Ritz-Carlton quality at bargain basement prices.

If I were travelling to Jakarta with a spouse and 3 children on vacation and had a decent budget, I'd pick a better hotel than the Ambhara, but that's not the point. For mongers who are travelling alone to Jakarta and who want a decent, girl-friendly hotel in a good location without spending too much money, the Ambhara is an excellent choice. Near Blok M, near the TransJakarta busway, near Pasar Raya mall, etc, with an excellent breakfast, decent meals the rest of the time and a swimming pool. Who cares if the elevator doors open and close quickly and the rooms are old?

P. S. Still remember an excellent lunch at the Ambhara with esteemed senior member Prof Designer (and a young cutie) back in 2007. After lunch, I went back to the office and the good Prof spent the rest of the afternoon plowing the young cutie.Agree with you, since recent experience at Ambhara (December 2013) is non compliant with my experience, I noticed reports on other hotels too that I considered to be highly biased, for whatever reason.

Regards.

KiJang
07-11-14, 04:38
Early June I stayed at the hotel Harris FX Sudirman for 10 days. The hotel had been recommended by various members so I decided to give it a try................Are the lifts / elevators still painfully slow? It takes forever to get up to the 40+ floors.

The Coffee Bean is a great place to vett / interview your online date, and say goodbye if you don't like what you ordered. No face lost.

I will be at FX Harris for just one night in a couple of weeks time. Prefer the Morrissey for long stays, breakfast and location.

Member #4410
07-11-14, 19:26
Are the lifts / elevators still painfully slow? It takes forever to get up to the 40+ floors.

The Coffee Bean is a great place to vett / interview your online date, and say goodbye if you don't like what you ordered. No face lost.

I will be at FX Harris for just one night in a couple of weeks time. Prefer the Morrissey for long stays, breakfast and location.Yes, the waiting time can be quite long, depinding on the time of day.

The Coffee Bean is not too bad in itself, but not as a place for breakfast in an otherwise deserted mall.

Regards,

Ko.

HUmthis
07-12-14, 22:38
I have been a long like lurker and admirer of this site. I have found myself in North Jakarta for the next week. Due to business I am forced to stay near the MOI. I am curious as to what might be located near me for mongering? All ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Ceegee
07-13-14, 14:33
I tried Harris FX Sudirman based on the discussion here. The hotel itself was fine, but taxis seemed to have never heard of it. One taxi got a bit shitty with me because, according to him, it is actually in Senayan and I kept calling it Sudirman. I think he wanted to just drive around a bit more and run the meter up even though it was a blue bird.

Anyway, the hotel / room itself was fine, but I kept getting in the wrong lifts and could not get back to the lobby, could only get down to the basement. You have to be very particular about which set of lifts you use, I eventually learned.

Was a Rp10,000 ride to the Mulia (CJs) to pick up my treat for the night.

Golfinho
07-13-14, 15:20
I tried Harris FX Sudirman based on the discussion here. The hotel itself was fine, but taxis seemed to have never heard of it. One taxi got a bit shitty with me because, according to him, it is actually in Senayan and I kept calling it Sudirman. I think he wanted to just drive around a bit more and run the meter up even though it was a blue bird..There are Two Harris hotels. Even when you have the hotel card and show it to the taxista, occasionally you'll still get taken to the wrong one.

Mighty Spearsman
07-14-14, 06:44
I have been a long like lurker and admirer of this site. I have found myself in North Jakarta for the next week. Due to business I am forced to stay near the MOI. I am curious as to what might be located near me for mongering? All ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.Are you really in Jakarta right now? If so (regardless of whether or not you are a long-time lurker / reader of ISG), then you've no doubt noticed that Indonesia is right in the middle of the fasting month of Ramadan. Most of the free-standing spas / MPs located near you are shut down right now, and there's a lot fewer ladies working the bars than normal.

There are a few hotels near you that have MPs / spas open during Ramadan, including the high-end Alexis and the mid-priced Malioboro, but of course as a long-time lurker, you already know about these locations. Hotel Travel and Classic may also be open, I suggest you read the recent posts here to confirm that.

Your best bet might be to engage the services of Jakarta After Dark who is an advertiser on ISG (www.jakartaafterdark.com) and who knows the scene better than anyone. Money well spent!

There is a possibility that his web site is not accessible inside Jakarta, but you can always go to his ad at the very beginning (oldest posts) of the Advertisers section of the Indonesia board of ISG to access more contact info about him.

RTFF!

Fast Eddie 48
07-15-14, 20:05
I tried Harris FX Sudirman based on the discussion here. The hotel itself was fine, but taxis seemed to have never heard of it. One taxi got a bit shitty with me because, according to him, it is actually in Senayan and I kept calling it Sudirman. I think he wanted to just drive around a bit more and run the meter up even though it was a blue bird.

Anyway, the hotel / room itself was fine, but I kept getting in the wrong lifts and could not get back to the lobby, could only get down to the basement. You have to be very particular about which set of lifts you use, I eventually learned.

Was a Rp10,000 ride to the Mulia (CJs) to pick up my treat for the night.To Ceegee.

This is a new Hotel did you tell the blue bird taxi driver is next to the FX Sudirman mall very good locations walking dist to Senayan mall and night spot like red square.

Fast eddie 48.

Ceegee
07-16-14, 02:03
To Ceegee.

This is a new Hotel did you tell the blue bird taxi driver is next to the FX Sudirman mall very good locations walking dist to Senayan mall and night spot like red square.

Fast eddie 48.I tried to tell him that, I even showed him my room key holder which had the address and a map on it, but this particular taxi seemed to not even know where the FX Sudirman mall was.

Master Diver II
07-16-14, 08:10
I tried to tell him that, I even showed him my room key holder which had the address and a map on it, but this particular taxi seemed to not even know where the FX Sudirman mall was.Although the hotel is relatively new, it's not brand spanking new. It has been around for a couple of years, so I'm surprised if Bluebird drivers don't know where it is. If in doubt say it's next to Atlet Century as I'm pretty sure they know where that is. It is in the Senayan area and for some reason when you mention Sudirman, most will think of somewhere North of Gatot Subroto. Although yes, it is still Sudirman in front of FX. I myself have yet to come across a cab that didn't know FX mall.

MD II.

Menteng
07-16-14, 08:23
Although the hotel is relatively new, it's not brand spanking new. It has been around for a couple of years, so I'm surprised if Bluebird drivers don't know where it is. If in doubt say it's next to Atlet Century as I'm pretty sure they know where that is. It is in the Senayan area and for some reason when you mention Sudirman, most will think of somewhere North of Gatot Subroto. Although yes, it is still Sudirman in front of FX. I myself have yet to come across a cab that didn't know FX mall.

MD II.CG should have said Senayan. Nowadays, Sudirman could be presumed to be SCBD = Sudirman Central Business District.

Utd1980
07-17-14, 07:27
Hi Everyone.

I am from India and will be in Jakarta from 6th to 8th August. I have been booked in Ritz Carlton. Could you guys give me some pointers if there are pick ups available at the hotel bar Tempus or would it be better to get an escort service in the room.

Looking forward to a nice trip with the help of you guys.

Thanks.

A.

Member #4410
07-17-14, 21:41
Although the hotel is relatively new, it's not brand spanking new. It has been around for a couple of years, so I'm surprised if Bluebird drivers don't know where it is. If in doubt say it's next to Atlet Century as I'm pretty sure they know where that is. It is in the Senayan area and for some reason when you mention Sudirman, most will think of somewhere North of Gatot Subroto. Although yes, it is still Sudirman in front of FX. I myself have yet to come across a cab that didn't know FX mall.

MD II.True. The name Harris doesn't ring a bell with part of the driver community but when you add FX enlightenment usually follows.

When the driver still isn't sure I know my way around Jakarta (reasonably) well enough to tell him where to drive.

Regards,

Ko.

KiJang
07-18-14, 05:24
Hi Everyone.

I am from India and will be in Jakarta from 6th to 8th August. I have been booked in Ritz Carlton. Could you guys give me some pointers if there are pick ups available at the hotel bar Tempus or would it be better to get an escort service in the room.

Looking forward to a nice trip with the help of you guys.

Thanks.

A.There are two Ritz Carlton in Jakarta, that I know of - Mega Kuningan and Pacific Place mall. In both cases, CJ's Bar at Hotel Mulia (Jl. Asia Africa) and Red Square club (Jl. New Delhi) are your closest pick up locations for freelancers. Taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm (ideal time to hit these places). Don't forget your bargaining skills and stick to 1 to 1.5 Mil. IDR for an overnighter.

Member #4698
09-01-14, 01:49
First off this is a true 5* hotel. My room was spacious and elegantly appointed. The service I received at this hotel was white glove / 5 star. The staff was always super friendly and could not do enough for me. The hotel has 4 restaurants including a large 24 hour restaurant that serves great breakfasts and lunch buffets. There is also a Chinese restaurant and a Japanese restaurant, but I only tried the 24 hour restaurant. So in all these respects, the hotel was great and I enjoyed my very comfortable stay here.

But, I will not stay at this hotel the next time I visit Jakarta. The reason being location, location, location. The JW is located at the southern end of the Golden Triangle. This is an upscale neighborhood. Across the street is the Ritz-Carlton which is another 5* hotel. The proximate neighborhood is full of high rise high end condos, large city mansions, and a few shopping malls. The problem is that it is too damn far from most of the action. As I discovered later, it took an hour in heavy stop and go traffic to drive to the Alexas Hotel at prime time 7 pm. It took 40 minutes to drive to Malioboro at the same time. Even in daytime, it was difficult to go anywhere of cultural interest. For example, it took at least 35 minutes to drive to the National Museum at 11 am. As a result, I kind of felt trapped in this upscale enclave and after a couple of days, I gave up trying to explore Jakarta's cultural places or great restaurants. I found out the hard way that Jakarta traffic really is a big problem. Next time I visit this town, I will stay no further south than Selamat Datang Monument.

Traffic does let up after 10 pm. I had no problem taking taxis from Hotel Alexas back to the JW or to Bats at the Shangri-La at around 11:30 pm. So if I had wanted to sleep all day and start out at 10 pm or so to head to Alexas or Malioboro and then stay up most of the night hitting the bars and clubs, Jakarta traffic would not have been a problem.

Pipe Layer99
09-07-14, 12:30
There are two Ritz Carlton in Jakarta, that I know of - Mega Kuningan and Pacific Place mall. In both cases, CJ's Bar at Hotel Mulia (Jl. Asia Africa) and Red Square club (Jl. New Delhi) are your closest pick up locations for freelancers. Taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm (ideal time to hit these places). Don't forget your bargaining skills and stick to 1 to 1.5 Mil. IDR for an overnighter.From the looks on Google maps, CJ's appears to be about 1. 5 - 2 miles from Ritz Carlton / Pacific place mall. I know you said less than 20 min.

I would think the taxi trip would be closer to 5-10 minutes with traffic. Whats the best estimate for after 11 pm?

Mighty Spearsman
09-07-14, 20:55
From the looks on Google maps, CJ's appears to be about 1. 5 - 2 miles from Ritz Carlton / Pacific place mall. I know you said less than 20 min.

I would think the taxi trip would be closer to 5-10 minutes with traffic. Whats the best estimate for after 11 pm?5 to 10 minutes with traffic? It sounds as if you've never been to Jakarta before, LOL.

KiJang had already answered your question in his post that you had referred to. A taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm, but not that much less. Traffic is horrendous in Jakarta, even during the late night hours, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.

Master Diver II
09-09-14, 07:53
5 to 10 minutes with traffic? It sounds as if you've never been to Jakarta before, LOL.

KiJang had already answered your question in his post that you had referred to. A taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm, but not that much less. Traffic is horrendous in Jakarta, even during the late night hours, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.It's taken me 30 minutes before just to get to the the main road (Gatot Subroto) during rush hour. Jakarta is all about planning your meeting locations and timing around the traffic.

MD II.

Cooze Hound
09-09-14, 08:08
From the looks on Google maps, CJ's appears to be about 1. 5 - 2 miles from Ritz Carlton / Pacific place mall. I know you said less than 20 min.

I would think the taxi trip would be closer to 5-10 minutes with traffic. Whats the best estimate for after 11 pm?I would happily walk that trip in the evening. From P Place go over to Fairgrounds where Lucy in The Sky and Potato Head Garage are, then down to your right to Jl Sudirman. A hundred meters to your right is an over bridge to cross that, then go left a bit and along Jl Pintu Gelora 1, past the Century Atlet Hotel and when you hit Jl Asia Afrika turn right and soon you will be opposite the Mulia Hotel (CJ's).

But having said that I guess its not so helpful if you do not know the area. Some people like to walk though.

Master Diver II
09-09-14, 08:37
I would happily walk that trip in the evening. From P Place go over to Fairgrounds where Lucy in The Sky and Potato Head Garage are, then down to your right to Jl Sudirman. A hundred meters to your right is an over bridge to cross that, then go left a bit and along Jl Pintu Gelora 1, past the Century Atlet Hotel and when you hit Jl Asia Afrika turn right and soon you will be opposite the Mulia Hotel (CJ's).

But having said that I guess its not so helpful if you do not know the area. Some people like to walk though.True but some locals don't like to. I was given strange looks a few years ago when I said I was going to walk back to Manhattan Hotel from Ambassador Mall.

MD II.

Menteng
09-09-14, 15:45
MD and Cooze, I would think that it's not about the distance but about the safety when walking alone at that time. (After 11.00 pm).

Pipe Layer99
09-09-14, 17:02
5 to 10 minutes with traffic? It sounds as if you've never been to Jakarta before, LOL.

KiJang had already answered your question in his post that you had referred to. A taxi trip should be less than 20 minutes after 11 pm, but not that much less. Traffic is horrendous in Jakarta, even during the late night hours, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.Nope never been there. That's why I looked it up on google maps. Doing my homework and taking notes for my trip.

Another member had asked about it. It wasn't my question. I was looking clarification about the distance from the 'closer' Ritz hotel to the bar. The Ritz at Pacific Place is really close, while the 2nd Ritz at Mega Kuningan is MUCH further. To give a better estimate, I would have said about 10 from Pacific Place and less than 20 from Mega Kuning.

For me, if it takes 20 minutes to go just over a mile, I'd rather walk than sit in bumper to bumper traffic. I can walk a mile in under 20 min.
On the return to the hotel with a lady I would take a cab (with or without traffic) .

Member #4410
09-09-14, 21:57
Nope never been there. That's why I looked it up on google maps. Doing my homework and taking notes for my trip.

Another member had asked about it. It wasn't my question. I was looking clarification about the distance from the 'closer' Ritz hotel to the bar. The Ritz at Pacific Place is really close, while the 2nd Ritz at Mega Kuningan is MUCH further. To give a better estimate, I would have said about 10 from Pacific Place and less than 20 from Mega Kuning.

For me, if it takes 20 minutes to go just over a mile, I'd rather walk than sit in bumper to bumper traffic. I can walk a mile in under 20 min.
On the return to the hotel with a lady I would take a cab (with or without traffic) .Normally you would be right but you're forgetting that temperatures in Jakarta rarely are below 30 degrees Celsius so you'd better slow down a little like most Indonesians do.

You'll take more time to cover a mile. After about 21:00 hrs (9 pm) traffic eases considerably so you're quite safe to take a taxi.

Regards,

Ko.

FreebieFan
09-10-14, 02:17
, and the traffic layout (divided highways, circles, one-way roads, difficulty in making you-turns, etc.) can make travelling even a short trip take several minutes. It could easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to get onto a main road from your hotel.Same highway.

Reminds me of the time I left Le Meridien one afternoon heading for the airport. We exit the hotel, go up the highway past the spa, make a you turn, down the same highway and eventually turn right onto highway to airport. Distance covered, from point a to point be, maybe 200 metres as the crow flies. Time taken, 75 minutes. Another heart in the mouth will I make or miss the flight.

MarkIII
09-10-14, 16:55
I have seen some favorable remarks about Hotel Morrissey. I have stayed there maybe 4 or 5 times. The rooms and the location are okay, there is a good Italian restaurant downstairs.

But it can be difficult to get a taxi at times. The shower is really small. And they are really not flexible with the check in times.

If you arrive 11.00 in the morning after a long flight, you have to wait till 13.00 in the lobby before you can check in.

It's a good hotel, but unless you can get a promo, not really good value for money. My own favorite is Grand Mercure, a great location as well.

Cookie1008
09-25-14, 08:20
HHM,

There is a spa at the Orchardz near the airport, and the girls can perform an "oily" and full service.

650K to pay upfront, or a lesser amount (don't remember how much) and you can try to nego the specific finish with the girls themselves. I pay fix price. My negotiating skills no good when vulnerable or horny or both.

Maybe I was lucky but I had a better looking girl here than I ever had at Orchardz Jl Industri.

There is free shuttle to the airport every hour but can get very full, might be better going for taxi if in hurry.

Goodluck,

MWMWong.

I going to stay around the Orchardz near airport. However, I have to catch a flight at 2 pm.

Does the hotel offer plus plus or FJ in the morning?

Dick Hertz
10-06-14, 03:25
I will be staying here next month because of a great deal and the location but can anyone tell me about this place. Like the over all quality of the hotel and will I get dirty looks when I bring girls back to the room.

Master Diver II
10-07-14, 11:39
I will be staying here next month because of a great deal and the location but can anyone tell me about this place. Like the over all quality of the hotel and will I get dirty looks when I bring girls back to the room.The only problem in Jakarta is if you stay at a Syariah (Muslim law) hotel. Otherwise there are no issues bringing girls to rooms. Oria is just behind Sarinah Thamrin and pretty convenient. Good luck.

MD II.

Dick Hertz
10-08-14, 02:39
The only problem in Jakarta is if you stay at a Syariah (Muslim law) hotel. Otherwise there are no issues bringing girls to rooms. Oria is just behind Sarinah Thamrin and pretty convenient. Good luck.

MD II.Thanks MD II. I will try to contact the hotel.

Master Diver II
10-08-14, 09:07
Thanks MD II. I will try to contact the hotel.I don't think the Oria is, but The Sofyan hotels are. You can double check with the hotel if you want.

MD II.

Dick Hertz
10-09-14, 02:51
I don't think the Oria is, but The Sofyan hotels are. You can double check with the hotel if you want.

MD II.Was able to contact the Oria hotel and the only two requirements are that the room must be reserve for two people and the guest must have I'd. So look like I would let everyone know how my stay was next month.

Syncretist
11-28-14, 19:03
Fellow Mongers,

I am planning a 4 day trip to Jakarta in the next couple of weeks. I visited there before several times when I lived in Asia (the good times! But that was several years ago and I have many happy memories, in particular of the Hard Rock Cafe (before it was moved to a shopping mall), of Blok M, Tiguah Pula, BATS and some interesting visits to the Stadium and Loksari Plaza (Country).

I want to stay in a decent (4 to 5 star) hotel that has action within by way of a good club but at the same time is not too far away from some of the other interesting action such as Blok M, some Mall action and some North Jakarta clubs. The hotels I have identified (from my past visits and reading the last 15 pages or so of this forum) are: Shangri-La, Mulia and LE Meridian.

From my research, I think that Mulia hotel is the best for my requirements. But if any of you have any good advice one way or the other please let me know.

Cheers and Thanks.

Syncretist.

LA Guy 5
11-28-14, 23:18
Fellow Mongers,

I am planning a 4 day trip to Jakarta in the next couple of weeks. I visited there before several times when I lived in Asia (the good times! But that was several years ago and I have many happy memories, in particular of the Hard Rock Cafe (before it was moved to a shopping mall), of Blok M, Tiguah Pula, BATS and some interesting visits to the Stadium and Loksari Plaza (Country).

I want to stay in a decent (4 to 5 star) hotel that has action within by way of a good club but at the same time is not too far away from some of the other interesting action such as Blok M, some Mall action and some North Jakarta clubs. The hotels I have identified (from my past visits and reading the last 15 pages or so of this forum) are: Shangri-La, Mulia and LE Meridian.

From my research, I think that Mulia hotel is the best for my requirements. But if any of you have any good advice one way or the other please let me know.

Cheers and Thanks.

Syncretist.The club at Le Meridian has seen better days. Both in that regard, and also quality of the hotel, the Shangri-la and Mulia are better choices although are generally more expensive. On the other hand, the Mulia is a bit of a distance from the action in North Jakarta, if you are planning on spending much time up there. But as you probably know Stadium and Country are now closed, although there are still a variety of options in North Jakarta including Malioboro, Alexis, and Penjay.

Tiny 12
11-28-14, 23:58
On the other hand, the Mulia is a bit of a distance from the action in North Jakarta, if you are planning on spending much time up there. But as you probably know Stadium and Country are now closed, although there are still a variety of options in North Jakarta including Malioboro, Alexis, and Penjay.I don't think it makes much difference. The two hotels are 2 or 3 miles apart. Mulia is more convenient to Blok M, Shangrila to North Jakarta.

Bkk212
12-25-14, 13:21
I am staying at the HI in Thamrin the hotel is close to Plaza Ind and has fair amenities. There is a gym small but useable, free Wi fi in the rooms and breakfast is included. Something of a rarity in Jakarta (breakfast).

The rooms are small but clean and functional, the TV has some English channels not a lot but the usual CNN, and movies.

There are no eating places nearby but a short walk to PI and there are lots of places to choose.

Geriatno
01-16-15, 09:36
Hey all: Am planning a month-long trip back to Jakarta after a few years and I am looking for an apartment / service apartment to rent for a month, at a monthly rate. Any suggestions?

In the past, I have stayed at the Taman Rasuna apartments for a month, cost me only something like 5 million rupiah plus electric / internet for the entire month.

I also stayed for 3 weeks once at Home Inn / Kuningan Junction, it was about 6 million, it was quite good except for the walk to the main streets, but latest reviews show it has become rundown.

Ideally, I would like something for about 7 million or less. Central and south Jakarta are best for me.

Thanks!

Xxanty
02-17-15, 12:08
I want to stay in All Seasons Jakarta Gajah Mada for first time. Have anybody any idea about this hotel? Is it girl friendly or near the action?

Thanks

Tommy Suharto
02-18-15, 02:23
I want to stay in All Seasons Jakarta Gajah Mada for first time. Have anybody any idea about this hotel? Is it girl friendly or near the action?

ThanksGirl friendly and near action. You are kidding. I hope you are. All Seasons Jakarta is at the back of Millenium nightclub and round the corner from Malioboro. All in walking distance. Can't say much about the hotel itself, never stayed there, but location wise, slap, bang, in the middle.

McMaiden
03-19-15, 05:40
Hi Guys,

Been to Jakarta plenty (almost every month) and usually stay at the 5* hotels where there is absolutely no problem to bring in the girls.

What's the scene in the serviced apartments like Ascott / Frasers etc? Anyone have any info on these places?

Appreciate some info.

Cheers,

McM.

UsPete
03-20-15, 17:03
Hi Guys,

Been to Jakarta plenty (almost every month) and usually stay at the 5* hotels where there is absolutely no problem to bring in the girls.

What's the scene in the serviced apartments like Ascott / Frasers etc? Anyone have any info on these places?

Appreciate some info.

Cheers,

McM.I've rented apartments in Jakarta through airbnb but primarily in the North of the City and Kuningan for 2 / 3 nighters at surprisingly reasonable rates. You get tripadvisor type reviews and photos. You can negotiate extra nights seperately with the host.

Main benefits of the apartments is you can invite multiple girls to a "party".

Mighty Spearsman
03-22-15, 23:33
Hi Guys,

Appreciate some info.

Cheers,

McM.I stayed at the Ascott (near Plaza Indonesia) several years ago and there was absolutely no problem in bringing girls to the room. I also had a masseuse from a nearby MP come by two separate evenings (in her masseuse uniform) for an excellent massage followed by even better FS.

McMaiden
03-23-15, 11:32
MS and US Pete, thanks for the info. Ascott next to PI is one of the options.

Cheers,

McM.

Smoothy
03-23-15, 12:19
A better question would be "which places in Jakarta are not girl friendly"? I think Syariah hotel is the only one and I've never heard anyone even consider staying there.

Master Diver II
03-26-15, 09:55
Hi Guys,

Appreciate some info.

Cheers,

McM.Just like MS, I stayed at Ascott some years ago and had no problems. My MD at the time had someone bringing girls for us as well as girls coming in to see us. There was no problem either way. I would imagine Fraser being similar. I stayed at Grove Suites (by Grand Aston) last week and found it much the same. I liked it for the option of coming in from the Epicentrum side instead of the long walk in from the entrance. Also could go straight from the car park up to the room if that lift wasn't out of order. Don't think you need an apartment for a "party" US Pete, I've had a few girls up to my room when I was staying in hotels before, but yes, the space is appreciated. I do tend to stay in serviced apartments nowadays.

MD II.

UsPete
03-26-15, 12:11
Just like MS, I stayed at Ascott some years ago and had no problems. My MD at the time had someone bringing girls for us as well as girls coming in to see us. There was no problem either way. I would imagine Fraser being similar. I stayed at Grove Suites (by Grand Aston) last week and found it much the same. I liked it for the option of coming in from the Epicentrum side instead of the long walk in from the entrance. Also could go straight from the car park up to the room if that lift wasn't out of order. Don't think you need an apartment for a "party" US Pete, I've had a few girls up to my room when I was staying in hotels before, but yes, the space is appreciated. I do tend to stay in serviced apartments nowadays.

MD II.Too clarify MD, I've never been stopped by security / concierge at any hotels in Jakarta bringing one girl to my room. But I have occassionally when bringing two or three. I've lost my deposit a few times (accor group) by being charged for extra beds on check-out and one time for an extra room.

I also have a 30 year old bad habit of playing house music too loud at 3 am and don't think it's fair on the neighbours in the hotel rooms with paper thin walls, so on weekends I opt for an apartment.

The Morrisssey Apartment Suite rooms (recommend requesting the upper floors) was really fantastic for a few years as it's got a pristine KRL station that speeds up to old Batavia in 15 minutes and Ya Udah restaurant across the road but I've burnt my britches and made the mistake of becoming too familiar with the floor staff (borrrowing the rooftop pool keys for night time skinny dips etc).

Morrisssey has become a victim of it's own success and is now overrun with digital nomads, gap yah kids and missionarys (promoting christianity and / or Apple) for my liking. It's become a hotel / apartment that's ambience seems more like Bangkok than Jakarta which for me sucks but for many is what they want.

McMaiden
03-27-15, 11:31
Just like MS, I stayed at Ascott some years ago and had no problems. My MD at the time had someone bringing girls for us as well as girls coming in to see us. . I do tend to stay in serviced apartments nowadays.

MD II.You are a true gent. Always helpful!

Cheers,

McM.

Master Diver II
03-30-15, 14:31
Too clarify MD, I've never been stopped by security / concierge at any hotels in Jakarta bringing one girl to my room. But I have occassionally when bringing two or three. I've lost my deposit a few times (accor group) by being charged for extra beds on check-out and one time for an extra room.

The Morrisssey Apartment Suite rooms (recommend requesting the upper floors) was really fantastic for a few years as it's got a pristine KRL station that speeds up to old Batavia in 15 minutes and Ya Udah restaurant across the road but I've burnt my britches and made the mistake of becoming too familiar with the floor staff (borrrowing the rooftop pool keys for night time skinny dips etc).It's been a while since I stayed at Morrissey. Some fine memories there including the pool that was really hardly patronized (at least back then) but have been at the Aryaduta Semanggi and most recently Grove Suites. The Aryaduta gives you a lot of space if you can manage to get it at a reasonable rate. The reason I didn't stay there last time was because the price was crazy at that time. Always book the single bedroom unit though and then figure out if you want their "upgrade" to the three bedroom unit. I have always received this offer when checking in. I wouldn't take it as I prefer their one or two bedroom units. But you could hardly refuse someone bringing up more than one girl to a three bedroom apartment could you?

MD II.

Chuday
04-03-15, 16:08
Hey USPete,

Did you bring any BATS / CJ's talent back to your airbnb pad? How did security / concierge? I am wondering if security / concierge in a serviced apartment (such as ascott / Grove Suites) act differently from a family friendly apartment?

Update: Figured that the best & absolute way to get my question answered will be to stay at an airbnb joint for a few days. So I went ahead and booked it. Will report back after my stay :)

Thanks.

Chuday.

I've rented apartments in Jakarta through airbnb but primarily in the North of the City and Kuningan for 2 / 3 nighters at surprisingly reasonable rates. You get tripadvisor type reviews and photos. You can negotiate extra nights seperately with the host.

MikeSgM
05-24-15, 06:13
Hi fellas,

I'm planning to visit Jakarta. Does anyone know whether Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmony is girl friendly? I read somewhere that it is family-friendly hotel. Thank in advance for the info.

Cheers,

Mike

MarkIII
05-24-15, 23:07
Hi fellas,

I'm planning to visit Jakarta. Does anyone know whether Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmony is girl friendly? I read somewhere that it is family-friendly hotel. Thank in advance for the info.

Cheers,

MikeYes it is.

Cucumber
05-27-15, 16:51
I am choosing it because it seems to have a nice long pool for laps and not to far from blok M, BATS, CJs.

I would be grateful for any other info about it too.

Smoothy
05-28-15, 08:21
A better question would be "which places in Jakarta are not girl friendly"? I think Syariah hotel is the only one and I've never heard anyone even consider staying there.I think we should have a sticky in this thread so that people stop asking if hotels are girl friendly. It gets asked over and over and over again. Yet, anyone who has ever been to Jakarta (or who has read this forum) knows that is a redundant question.

Smoothy
05-28-15, 10:31
Can anyone confirm that ritz carlton pacific place is girl friendly?Yep.

They have those special toilets that keep your ass warm too. Love those things.

Smoothy
05-28-15, 10:45
Does anyone know whether Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmony is girl friendly? This has to be the best question ever. Considering that is one of the main hotels (probably THE main hotel) that gets mentioned on here time and time again as a place located convenient to the red light area where you can stay that is particularly attractive for mongering, I would reckon that it is girl friendly. Your chances of picking a hotel in Jakarta that is not girl friendly are about 1 in 10,000.

UsPete
05-28-15, 12:22
Hi fellas,

Cheers,

MikeIt is a family hotel with big weddings taking place most weekends. This gives you the option of dressing up and gatecrashing the wedding for a freebie. If you are not that adventurous you can order an in room-massage (the hotel has a very large massage parlour next to the spa operated by the Sun City Group).

The price of a decent blow job is RP700 000 if you're Malaysian. If you're not Malaysian you can probably negotiate down to RP350000.

It's a big well run hotel and the treadmills at the gym have large windows overlooking the main street. From there you can see all the madness of Jakarta and about one SYT scurrying out the hotel every 5 minutes or so.

Malioboro club is a 5 minute walk. Yes walk. So a visit to Malio should be considered a compulsory part of the stay.

Lost99
06-02-15, 05:24
Just looked at AirBnb and doesn't appear to be a good value now. At least for North Jakarta. Many people charging around $50, night for a 1 BR apartment usually tucked away in a small street not convenient. I think these places are targeting westerners / backpackers who don't search on hotel sites for other comparables. Also, if you are very loud and neighbors complain to the owner, you can still get dinged by AirBnb (you have to pay a deposit).

For the same price there are many decent 3/4 star hotels with daily cleaning, clean sheets, breakfast, gym / pool, security etc. I'll tip the doorman / security to avoid getting dinged for extra guests.

I've rented apartments in Jakarta through airbnb but primarily in the North of the City and Kuningan for 2 / 3 nighters at surprisingly reasonable rates. You get tripadvisor type reviews and photos. You can negotiate extra nights seperately with the host.

Main benefits of the apartments is you can invite multiple girls to a "party".

PStevens999
06-21-15, 20:22
Master Diver II-The Aryaduta Semanggi looks great-the Three bedroom is $122/ night on Agoda-so divided by three-very reasonable. And well located for going to CJ's or BATS.

Master Diver II
06-22-15, 09:01
Master Diver II-The Aryaduta Semanggi looks great-the Three bedroom is $122/ night on Agoda-so divided by three-very reasonable. And well located for going to CJ's or BATS.You might want to take note that the second and third bedrooms have to share a bathroom which can only be accessed from the common hallway passage. They also may have twin beds in the second room and just a single bed in the third. You might then fight for the master bedroom :D, unless of course you're going to have a "joint venture". I prefer the two bedroom or one bedroom because you get a bigger master bedroom and I'm normally staying alone (at least initially;)) anyway.

MD II.

PStevens999
06-22-15, 14:04
Thanks MD II-- will reconsider and double check the layout. Would really prefer a legit 3 br and 3 bath. Am looking at some full size apartments on Airbnb.

Smoothy
06-23-15, 18:07
You might want to take note that the second and third bedrooms have to share a bathroom which can only be accessed from the common hallway passage. They also may have twin beds in the second room and just a single bed in the third. You might then fight for the master bedroom :D, unless of course you're going to have a "joint venture". I prefer the two bedroom or one bedroom because you get a bigger master bedroom and I'm normally staying alone (at least initially;)) anyway.

MD II.Yes, that's the age old question. Who gets the master bedroom?

Member #4410
06-28-15, 23:53
Just looked at AirBnb and doesn't appear to be a good value now. At least for North Jakarta. Many people charging around $50, night for a 1 BR apartment usually tucked away in a small street not convenient. I think these places are targeting westerners / backpackers who don't search on hotel sites for other comparables. Also, if you are very loud and neighbors complain to the owner, you can still get dinged by AirBnb (you have to pay a deposit).

For the same price there are many decent 3/4 star hotels with daily cleaning, clean sheets, breakfast, gym / pool, security etc. I'll tip the doorman / security to avoid getting dinged for extra guests.
In over 20 years I have never been charged for extra guests (be it 1, 2 or 3), as I booked my hotel rooms without naming the number of occupants. Paying doormen was never neccessary. Nor were the girls bothered by security when they left. Comes with the choice of hotel, perhaps. I have been charged for extra breakfasts, though.

Regards,

Ko.

Ceegee
07-01-15, 09:52
Spent a few nights in the Aston Pluit recently, not a bad hotel, room was fine, nice big bed.

Had a dating site girl with me most of the time but needed a break at the end and sent her home so I could spend the last night by myself. Had run into a few massage girls in the elevators and hallways and they always gave me a great big knowing smile which made me think I would be happy with a massage there. Called for a massage and of course there are extras on offer. She asked for 700 for a HJ and we finally agreed on 400. The HJ was surprisingly not that great as she was doing a double handed thing and I thought she was going to rip my knob off. It was a bit sensitive after banging my dating site girl for 2 days non-stop, so the 2 hand technique was really putting me off. Eventually I took over from her, obviously feeling like she could not just sit by and watch me wank while covered in oil she then proceeded to play with my balls and suck my nipples which was actually quite nice.

The massage girl refused to blow me, but did offer full service but I was just not that into it so did not try to negotiate the FS price.

JockeyGuy
08-10-15, 21:50
Can anyone please tell me which will be the best hotel in or around the happening places.

I am planning to stay for a week.

Hihi Ster
08-11-15, 05:02
Can anyone please tell me which will be the best hotel in or around the happening places.

I am planning to stay for a week.Give me your e-mail address and I will send you the full details.

Would you also like me to send you all private contact details of my girls in Jakarta?

Or better yet just give me your flight number / arrival date and I'll have them waiting for you at the airport when you arrive.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you to make your life easier.

Bkk212
08-11-15, 09:26
Just returned from my semi-annual holiday in Jakarta, stayed at the Novotel in Gada Madah and at the Ambhara Hotel in Blok M.

Novotel is a nice hotel rooms are spacious and clean and there is also an OK equipped gym, service is not that great but ok. I have stayed here a.

Few times and the service has always been just ok and really terrible from the front desk staff, seems as though the female front staff think that they

have "golden pussies".

Anyway at the Novotel no issue bringing in a guest (never tried to bring in 2 by myself, not sure how that would work), but the wos is highly visible at.

That hotel. Lots of places to eat around the hotel and lots of activity in the night time, see my post for my details.

At the Ambhara hotel it's a bit old but still clean and very close to Blok M, but there was a lot of people staying at this hotel so walking in was a bit of.

A embarrassing with the Blok M girl. Hotel has a very good gym and small pool, they have old TV but a lot of English content.

At both hotels I had no issue with my guests except for the WOS, you could certainly feel everyone staring at you as you walk in.

JockeyGuy
08-12-15, 05:29
Give me your e-mail address and I will send you the full details.

Would you also like me to send you all private contact details of my girls in Jakarta?

Or better yet just give me your flight number / arrival date and I'll have them waiting for you at the airport when you arrive.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you to make your life easier.Thanks a lot buddy.

I had already sent a PM of my email to you.

Smoothy
08-12-15, 15:59
Just returned from my semi-annual holiday in Jakarta, stayed at the Novotel in Gada Madah and at the Ambhara Hotel in Blok M.

Novotel is a nice hotel rooms are spacious and clean and there is also an OK equipped gym, service is not that great but ok. I have stayed here a.

Few times and the service has always been just ok and really terrible from the front desk staff, seems as though the female front staff think that they

have "golden pussies".Challenge accepted. I will go to that Novotel and try to have sex with one of the girls on the front desk staff (if they are attractive).

Manfield04
08-12-15, 19:27
All the best to you.

I stayed at Novotel in Gajah Madah last year. I can say the front desk girls there are the worst in the business. They are so repulsive. No exact word to describe them.

Challenge accepted. I will go to that Novotel and try to have sex with one of the girls on the front desk staff (if they are attractive).

Hihi Ster
08-13-15, 01:38
Thanks a lot buddy.

I had already sent a PM of my email to you.Gents, not only did he really send me a PM with his e-mail (that he has the PM function is at least a plus one), there are at least 3 other members that have send me a PM asking to have girls waiting at the airport.

Just to clear it up, perhaps I wasn't clear earlier; my message was sarcastic. Read 2 or 3 pages of just the "Jakarta. Hotels" section and you will have all the information that you need. Nobody here is going to help you if you're too lazy to read.

JockeyGuy
08-13-15, 07:09
Gents, not only did he really send me a PM with his e-mail (that he has the PM function is at least a plus one), there are at least 3 other members that have send me a PM asking to have girls waiting at the airport.

Just to clear it up, perhaps I wasn't clear earlier; my message was sarcastic. Read 2 or 3 pages of just the "Jakarta. Hotels" section and you will have all the information that you need. Nobody here is going to help you if you're too lazy to read.Thanks a lot Hihi Ster, really appreciate your efforts.

I never asked about contacts.

Smoothy
08-13-15, 08:54
All the best to you.

I stayed at Novotel in Gajah Madah last year. I can say the front desk girls there are the worst in the business. They are so repulsive. No exact word to describe them.I like the outfits they wear.

Smoothy
08-13-15, 09:08
Gents, not only did he really send me a PM with his e-mail (that he has the PM function is at least a plus one), there are at least 3 other members that have send me a PM asking to have girls waiting at the airport.

Just to clear it up, perhaps I wasn't clear earlier; my message was sarcastic. Read 2 or 3 pages of just the "Jakarta. Hotels" section and you will have all the information that you need. Nobody here is going to help you if you're too lazy to read.While it was obvious that your reply was sarcastic, one can't help but dream that you would send that blindfolded 21 year old from the photo gallery to the airport to pick them up.

Menteng
08-13-15, 10:44

I don't know how it is nowadays, but there was a time that when leaving the arrival hall, among those who were there to pick up family or friends from international flights, were also girls trying to hook up.

UsPete
08-13-15, 14:02
I don't know how it is nowadays, but there was a time that when leaving the arrival hall, among those who were there to pick up family or friends from international flights, were also girls trying to hook up.Yup remember them girls, there was a flurry of chicks that arranged their timings around the european flight arrivals. One of the girls managed to finally hook up with a fresh pale brit backpacker. Within 3 weeks a pregnancy test proved positive and a marriage was hastily scheduled. The husband was a genuinly nice guy and it took him a few years to wake up and work out what had actually happened to him.

The offspring I'm told is now a sinetron / tv star. It must be trickier nowdays for those breed of girls to pull of their tricks what with all the budget flights and tacky online dating scenarios.

On a seperate note. The Aston Rasuna apartments at the Bakrie Epicentrum complex is offering their 3 bed suite apartments with balconies for about $75 per night. Is their a catch? Anyone tried them?

Hihi Ster
08-14-15, 06:42
While it was obvious that your reply was sarcastic, one can't help but dream that you would send that blindfolded 21 year old from the photo gallery to the airport to pick them up.She's working as cabin crew so you might actually see her around the airport.

Smoothy
08-14-15, 07:01
She's working as cabin crew so you might actually see her around the airport.Will she be wearing the blindfold so I can identify her?

Hihi Ster
08-14-15, 07:14
Will she be wearing the blindfold so I can identify her?I'll suggest it, but think I'm going to have to disappoint you. .

Smoothy
08-14-15, 08:43
On a seperate note. The Aston Rasuna apartments at the Bakrie Epicentrum complex is offering their 3 bed suite apartments with balconies for about $75 per night. Is their a catch? Anyone tried them?I've stayed there. It's hit or miss with the apartments. The apartments are privately owned and depending who owns it, it could be nice or a dump. If you are staying by yourself, there are likely better options. If you have a family, the 3 bedroom is a good choice at $75. The balcony is small and almost a non-factor in my opinion. But the good thing about the balcony is you can have the girls who smoke go out on the balcony to smoke.

The Red Baron
09-04-15, 09:58
I've been searching the forum for this information. Does anyone actually stay at the Hotel Melawai 1 as a hotel?

The reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed but I was thinking if I upgraded to a Deluxe etc room it might improve the quality.

Anyone stayed there?

TimTimGuy
09-04-15, 10:32
I've been searching the forum for this information. Does anyone actually stay at the Hotel Melawai 1 as a hotel?
The reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed but I was thinking if I upgraded to a Deluxe etc room it might improve the quality. Anyone stayed there?First, let me say that I've never stayed in Melawai (except for the odd few hours on the sixth floor whenever I could!) so I may not be the person to comment definitively. However, there's a reason that I've never considered a stay: the hotel is a well worn, down-at-the-heels place. You might want to look at options.

Two hotels that have been mentioned on this forum in the past are:

Amaris Hotel Panglima Polim 1.

Win Hotel (Jl. Panglima Polim Raya No. 99).

Both are within a few minutes walk of Melawai.

If you want to upgrade a bit:

Ambhara Hotel Jl Iskandarsyah Raya No 1, Kebayoran Baru, (located on the far side of Blok M Square from Melawai).

Hotel Gran Mahakam Jl Mahakam I No. 6 Blok M.

All this said, maybe you should stay at Melawai and report back!

If you've looked at Trip Advisor, you may know all this. I will PM a link to you that may be helpful.

Smoothy
09-05-15, 09:33

The reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed but I was thinking if I upgraded to a Deluxe etc room it might improve the quality.

Anyone stayed there?I've stayed at both Melawai I and Melawai II. II is nicer and it's right across the street. There are so many new options in the area, I'd stay at one of those rather than Melawai. If you do book Melawai, don't pay their posted rates. Walk to the right of Melawai I toward Blok M Square and turn right on the street next to Blok M Square. There on the right is Kaha Tours (little tiny crap hole up the stairs). If you book the room through them, it's almost half the price of the Melawai posted rates.

The Red Baron
09-10-15, 10:25
I've stayed at both Melawai I and Melawai II. II is nicer and it's right across the street. There are so many new options in the area, I'd stay at one of those rather than Melawai. If you do book Melawai, don't pay their posted rates. Walk to the right of Melawai I toward Blok M Square and turn right on the street next to Blok M Square. There on the right is Kaha Tours (little tiny crap hole up the stairs). If you book the room through them, it's almost half the price of the Melawai posted rates.Thanks. Your advice is gold.

Can you tell us your general thoughts on Melawai I?

How clean were the rooms? Any wifi or cable tv? Breakfast any good?

Was the in-room massage the smorgasbord that I imagine?

UsPete
09-10-15, 10:47
Thanks. Your advice is gold.

Can you tell us your general thoughts on Melawai I?

How clean were the rooms? Any wifi or cable tv? Breakfast any good?

Was the in-room massage the smorgasbord that I imagine?I stayed in Mel I with a Korean lady who wanted an indescrete hotel to spend the night about 10 years ago. Unlike toaday there weren't many choices in blok m 10 years ago and the room was fairly run down and stale. I don't think there's been any renovations since then beyond a lick of paint. Although I haven't been in the 6th floor for about 5 years as I met an old girlfriends daughter working there, which kinda made me feel too old.

I didn't make breakfast but imagine it would be a very basic banana, sugary bread and strong sumatran coffee.

I would though recommend the new M Hotel round the corner opposite the taxi rank at Blok M square. They have a very tight security / jawara thing going on with the entrance concierge but some sort of link up with the Japanese Karaoke bars. I've been pretty impressed with the quality of girls that they've got to knock on my doors after midnight. The breakast was also basic Java fare, but excellent. A better breakfast than the 4 and 5 star hotels found elsewhere in Town.

Sinyo Tambora.

Smoothy
09-10-15, 14:56
I stayed in Mel I with a Korean lady who wanted an indescrete hotel to spend the night about 10 years ago. Unlike toaday there weren't many choices in blok m 10 years ago and the room was fairly run down and stale. I don't think there's been any renovations since then beyond a lick of paint. Although I haven't been in the 6th floor for about 5 years as I met an old girlfriends daughter working there, which kinda made me feel too old.

I didn't make breakfast but imagine it would be a very basic banana, sugary bread and strong sumatran coffee.

I would though recommend the new M Hotel round the corner opposite the taxi rank at Blok M square. They have a very tight security / jawara thing going on with the entrance concierge but some sort of link up with the Japanese Karaoke bars. I've been pretty impressed with the quality of girls that they've got to knock on my doors after midnight. The breakast was also basic Java fare, but excellent. A better breakfast than the 4 and 5 star hotels found elsewhere in Town.

Sinyo Tambora.This is excellent advice. I would not stay at Melawai I. The "in room" massage is not as good as you get in the Maribaya rooms. The last time I was there (about 6 years ago), they still had the old style tube TVs and limited channels. I never tried the breakfast. I doubt they have renovated at all. No need to book a room at Melawai. The only time I ever do it is during Ramadan when Maribaya is closed. The Maribaya girls like to meet up at Melawai during Ramadan.

The Red Baron
09-13-15, 13:03

Sinyo Tambora.Thanks brothers. I'll take your wise advice.

Quick question: is the M Hotel walking distance from Top Gun (if you have a girl)? Looks a little far on the map.

Makasi!

UsPete
09-14-15, 10:42
Thanks brothers. I'll take your wise advice.

Quick question: is the M Hotel walking distance from Top Gun (if you have a girl)? Looks a little far on the map.

Makasi!Kembali.

If it's dark it's rather complicated as it involves walking under the new bus terminal.

I would advise taking a bajaj for 10 - 20 k, you will get a lot lot more respect from your girl. A bajaj is Jakarta's romantic equivilant to a Gondola. If she won't get a bajaj with you she's a sure sign of trouble ahead. Ask for Blok M Square. It's far too short for a taxi and taxis can't actually get into the Blok M precinct without a pass.

If you like University students the myriad of book shops in the basement of Blok M Square are always worth a venture.

Smoothy
09-14-15, 11:26
A bajaj is Jakarta's romantic equivilant to a Gondola.I can't think of anything more romantic than riding in a Bajaj.

D Cups
09-14-15, 14:09
Hi Guys I have one night in Jakarta and was thinking of staying at hotel Classic. I've been there for the hanky panky but never overnight. Can the girls stay with you all night?

John Aldrich
09-14-15, 19:51
Hi Guys I have one night in Jakarta and was thinking of staying at hotel Classic. I've been there for the hanky panky but never overnight. Can the girls stay with you all night?The girls have to be working till 3 30 am. I have tried many times to get a girl out with me, but never succeeded. Then, I stuck a chord with one of the mamasan, by buying her drinks, food and cigarettes. The mamas an herself was hot. I asked her whether she can organize a girl and I will book a room at classic. She said she could join me in the room at 3 45 am after work. Or she could organize a girl, but even that girl can come only after duty at 3 30 am, since till 3 30 am, the girls are, "hypothecated", to the contractor who supplies the girls. And the contractor is never around. Unfortunately, in Jakarta, they don't have the concept of bar fine. Or, if there is one, I have never got to try it.

You could still try your luck by finding one of the girls who could come out with an innovative excuse to join you in the room of she likes you. It's happened with me in Maribaya, where one of the girls asked me to wait in Blok M plaza. She faked a call and told the receptionist that she had to take leave and then joined me for the evening and night.

Try your luck. Maybe you will find a way and show us the way.

Have fun.

Cheers.

D Cups
09-14-15, 19:55
Thanks, John. I'll post the outcome.

The girls have to be working till 3 30 am. I have tried many times to get a girl out with me, but never succeeded. Then, I stuck a chord with one of the mamasan, by buying her drinks, food and cigarettes. The mamas an herself was hot. I asked her whether she can organize a girl and I will book a room at classic. She said she could join me in the room at 3 45 am after work. Or she could organize a girl, but even that girl can come only after duty at 3 30 am, since till 3 30 am, the girls are, "hypothecated", to the contractor who supplies the girls. And the contractor is never around. Unfortunately, in Jakarta, they don't have the concept of bar fine. Or, if there is one, I have never got to try it.

You could still try your luck by finding one of the girls who could come out with an innovative excuse to join you in the room of she likes you. It's happened with me in Maribaya, where one of the girls asked me to wait in Blok M plaza. She faked a call and told the receptionist that she had to take leave and then joined me for the evening and night.

Have fun.

Cheers..

Smoothy
09-18-15, 09:18
The girls have to be working till 3 30 am. I have tried many times to get a girl out with me, but never succeeded. Then, I stuck a chord with one of the mamasan, by buying her drinks, food and cigarettes. The mamas an herself was hot. I asked her whether she can organize a girl and I will book a room at classic. She said she could join me in the room at 3 45 am after work. Or she could organize a girl, but even that girl can come only after duty at 3 30 am, since till 3 30 am, the girls are, "hypothecated", to the contractor who supplies the girls. And the contractor is never around. Unfortunately, in Jakarta, they don't have the concept of bar fine. Or, if there is one, I have never got to try it.

Have fun.

Cheers.Maribaya is drastically different from the places up north like Classic. I've had the Maribaya girls come to my place quite often for free (other than the 500 k they want for the sex). However, at places like Classic, the venue wants you to pay a ridiculous fee to take the girls out until morning. I believe the minimum was something over 2 million rupiah, and that is if you take them out after midnight with them leaving you early morning. Before midnight, add approximately 400k to each hour you want to have them. In my opinion, it's not even worth consideration. Just shag them inside Classic if that's your venue of choice (I don't really prefer Classic, the girls are young and good looking, but they are mostly a bunch of lazy starfish. I can only imagine how horrible the service would be if you took one of those girls to your room where the mamasans are not there to crack the whip.). If you want a girl in your room for the night - blok m, bats or cjs are better choices.

John Aldrich
09-18-15, 20:23
Maribaya is drastically different from the places up north like Classic. I've had the Maribaya girls come to my place quite often for free (other than the 500 k they want for the sex). However, at places like Classic, the venue wants you to pay a ridiculous fee to take the girls out until morning. I believe the minimum was something over 2 million rupiah, and that is if you take them out after midnight with them leaving you early morning. Before midnight, add approximately 400k to each hour you want to have them. In my opinion, it's not even worth consideration. Just shag them inside Classic if that's your venue of choice (I don't really prefer Classic, the girls are young and good looking, but they are mostly a bunch of lazy starfish. I can only imagine how horrible the service would be if you took one of those girls to your room where the mamasans are not there to crack the whip.). If you want a girl in your room for the night - blok m, bats or cjs are better choices.Absolutely Smoothy. It's better to try the clubs in South Jakarta where the free lancers are more than happy to join you.

Member #4410
09-27-15, 00:00
I can't think of anything more romantic than riding in a Bajaj.At least you will be sitting close together :-D .

LifeIsABeach
09-28-15, 07:14
At the Ambhara hotel it's a bit old but still clean and very close to Blok M, but there was a lot of people staying at this hotel so walking in was a bit of embarrassing with the Blok M girl. Hotel has a very good gym and small pool, they have old TV but a lot of English content. At both hotels I had no issue with my guests except for the WOS, you could certainly feel everyone staring at you as you walk in.Their website must have older pictures as everything looks new and clean, plus their rate is good. I have started looking for a place for about 6 days and don't want to over spend. Any other suggestions?

John Aldrich
09-28-15, 17:21
Their website must have older pictures as everything looks new and clean, plus their rate is good. I have started looking for a place for about 6 days and don't want to over spend. Any other suggestions?You can try the Neo hotel. It's about 20 meters from Hotel Melawai. It's owned by Aston group and the price would be less than half of Ambhara.

LifeIsABeach
09-29-15, 01:44
You can try the Neo hotel. It's about 20 meters from Hotel Melawai. It's owned by Aston group and the price would be less than half of Ambhara.Is Hotel NEO Melawai. Jakarta the same as what you are talking about and also not the Melawai I people say is a dump and not to stay?

http://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/12/Hotel-NEO-Melawai---Jakarta

TimTimGuy
09-29-15, 06:41
Is Hotel NEO Melawai. Jakarta the same as what you are talking about and also not the Melawai I people say is a dump and not to stay?

http://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/12/Hotel-NEO-Melawai---JakartaJust in case JohnA doesn't see your post and you need info quickly. Also, another acceptable choice might be Win Hotel -- on Panglima Polim Raya, just south of the NEO location. (see the NEO map.) Full disclosure-I've never stayed in either, but they look ok from exterior. And, the Melawai is very old and shop-worn. TTG.

Master Diver II
09-29-15, 07:52
Is Hotel NEO Melawai. Jakarta the same as what you are talking about and also not the Melawai I people say is a dump and not to stay?

http://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/12/Hotel-NEO-Melawai---JakartaThe Neo hotels are new and as such are clean. The main issue with all the new budget business hotels is more whether the room size might feel claustrophobic to some, and whether they have a minibar fridge and room safe. As far as I know, the Neo hotels have both but the rooms are somewhat cramped if you're not used to it. The Royal Kuningan is also around Ambhara pricing and you may have to pass the doorman, but you can avoid the lobby on the first floor by taking the lift directly from the ground floor.

MD II.

John Aldrich
09-29-15, 17:11

http://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/12/Hotel-NEO-Melawai---JakartaHotel Neo Melawai has nothing to do with Melawai hotels. New is a boutique chain and of hotels managed by Aston group.

MasBule
09-30-15, 01:53
I can recommend the Oak Tree Hotel. Modern and funky design in some areas, great open air bar with live band as well. Quite different to most hotels in the blok.

Very close to the well known Hotel Mahakam, behind blokm Plaza.

Hotel Neo Melawai has nothing to do with Melawai hotels. New is a boutique chain and of hotels managed by Aston group..

UsPete
09-30-15, 11:46
I can recommend the Oak Tree Hotel. Modern and funky design in some areas, great open air bar with live band as well. Quite different to most hotels in the blok.
.Thanks MaSBule, the rooms do look much more spacious than my current favourite M Hotel at Blok M Square. So I've just booked the OakTree for a night trip in November, I can now map out a romantic tour home by Bajaj with my two girls squeezed on either side of me. Bajaj's are a great way to break the ice when it comes to threesomes & Jl. Felatehan.

I might even stop off at the pasar malam on the way back to the Oak Tree and buy a bouquet of freshly picked ground peanuts for the girls. Does the Valet parking at OakTree alllow Bajaj's to wait on standby??

MasBule
10-01-15, 01:58
The hotel is nice and modern. The rooms are the usual small new style rooms (ie. Just a bed and a bench) - but I like the hotel alot for the BlokM area due to its bar and resto. I think its better than the Fave / NEO / POP / Amaris type of hotels with their plastic bathrooms and boring Ikea themed restaurants.

Hahah love your bajai spirit, I'm a big fan. You know ever seen the elusive yellow one? It works from blomkm square.

Thanks MaSBule, the rooms do look much more spacious than my current favourite M Hotel at Blok M Square. So I've just booked the OakTree for a night trip in November, I can now map out a romantic tour home by Bajaj with my two girls squeezed on either side of me. Bajaj's are a great way to break the ice when it comes to threesomes & Jl. Felatehan.

I might even stop off at the pasar malam on the way back to the Oak Tree and buy a bouquet of freshly picked ground peanuts for the girls. Does the Valet parking at OakTree alllow Bajaj's to wait on standby??

LifeIsABeach
10-01-15, 02:48
The hotel is nice and modern. The rooms are the usual small new style rooms (ie. Just a bed and a bench) - but I like the hotel alot for the BlokM area due to its bar and resto. I think its better than the Fave / NEO / POP / Amaris type of hotels with their plastic bathrooms and boring Ikea themed restaurants.The Deluxe Room size room size is 20 sq. M. and the Executive Room size: 25 sq. M. A bit bigger than the other hotel rooms. I did not notice a fridge / refrigerator in the room. Shower in Deluxe and bath tub in Executive. Price seems reasonable.

Fast Eddie 48
10-01-15, 21:51

http://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/12/Hotel-NEO-Melawai---JakartaTo Lifeisbeach.

NEO hotel is a chain hotel the one in Blok M is across from Blok M mall better than the Wow hotel chain and is new there are 5 hotel in Jakarta, I stay at the one at Mangar Dua in April very clean you can book with Agoda is around 38 usd a night.

Fast eddie 48.

MasBule
10-02-15, 03:10
Stayed recently in DCozie, one street from Falahetan BlokM. Basically its on antasari / prapanca road. Where all the bluebirds hang around who are too afraid to go into Falahetan.

Rooms the usual boring decor, but a great rooftop bar has aircon inside and open air outside. Small but cozy and great chilled music. Also has karaoke with a big western song book (not Kota style Karaoke).

From the rooftop bar you can see MyBar entrance.

But it closes at 11 pm.

Another worthy alternative, PARTICULARLY if you want to be close to the Falahetan action.

The Deluxe Room size room size is 20 sq. M. and the Executive Room size: 25 sq. M. A bit bigger than the other hotel rooms. I did not notice a fridge / refrigerator in the room. Shower in Deluxe and bath tub in Executive. Price seems reasonable.

LifeIsABeach
10-02-15, 04:19
Stayed recently in DCozie, one street from Falahetan BlokM. Another worthy alternative, PARTICULARLY if you want to be close to the Falahetan action.I am a newbee to Jakarta and it appears staying in southern Jakarta for first timers may be better than staying in North Jakarta, all because of the traffic. Am I right? I am not attached to any road or street, just looking now before booking.

MasBule
10-03-15, 04:54
I am a newbee to Jakarta and it appears staying in southern Jakarta for first timers may be better than staying in North Jakarta, all because of the traffic. Am I right? I am not attached to any road or street, just looking now before booking.North = karoake, spa, high level and low level brothels, crazy nightclubs. But no normal western style bars up there and someplaces very local scene.

Central = business, malls, 5 star hotels and their bars and great resto's and bars for the rich and famous.

South I assume you mean BlokM = for expat and caucasian bars, with english speaking part time hookers. Scene is a bit tired IMHO.

If you plan to hookup with parttime english speaking PART TIME hookers, who may not be above 8 out 10's south is fine.

If you want to purely monger with younger mostly non-english speaking FULL TIME hookers , north is better but more challenging.

Traffic is crap, I would be more inclined to do a few days in BlokM as an intro to Jakarta. If you get tired of the single mother scene, move your hotel to north. I find vacancy rates never a problem in the city and I frequently book hotels on agoda for same day action.

Others may have differing opinions.

LifeIsABeach
10-03-15, 07:18
North = karoake, spa, high level and low level brothels, crazy nightclubs. But no normal western style bars up there and someplaces very local scene.
Central = business, malls, 5 star hotels and their bars and great resto's and bars for the rich and famous.
South = I assume you mean BlokM = for expat and caucasian bars, with english speaking part time hookers. Scene is a bit tired IMHO.
If you plan to hookup with parttime english speaking PART TIME hookers, who may not be above 8 out 10's south is fine.
If you want to purely monger with younger mostly non-english speaking FULL TIME hookers , north is better but more challenging.

Traffic is crap, I would be more inclined to do a few days in BlokM as an intro to Jakarta. If you get tired of the single mother scene, move your hotel to north. I find vacancy rates never a problem in the city and I frequently book hotels on agoda for same day action. Some really good advice. Personally, I do not travel thousands of miles to see the same people I just behind. I prefer the local scene and not western bars and expats as you have the western bars at home. I will share my time between the north and south. Should be fun.

AmitGautam
10-03-15, 16:22
I will be staying at Mercure Sabang the whole next week. How do I get some good time in that hotel or near that. I will be here for the first time and then I may locate here also. Please help me with good pointers with budget and reference.

Thanks to all the bros here.

Member #4410
10-03-15, 23:45
Maribaya is drastically different from the places up north like Classic. I've had the Maribaya girls come to my place quite often for free (other than the 500 k they want for the sex). However, at places like Classic, the venue wants you to pay a ridiculous fee to take the girls out until morning. I believe the minimum was something over 2 million rupiah, and that is if you take them out after midnight with them leaving you early morning. Before midnight, add approximately 400k to each hour you want to have them. In my opinion, it's not even worth consideration. Just shag them inside Classic if that's your venue of choice (I don't really prefer Classic, the girls are young and good looking, but they are mostly a bunch of lazy starfish. I can only imagine how horrible the service would be if you took one of those girls to your room where the mamasans are not there to crack the whip.). If you want a girl in your room for the night - blok m, bats or cjs are better choices.Completely agree on Maribaya girls, Smoothy. I fondly remember Sari, Novi kecil, Tutik, Wulan, Shella (who brought along her freelance friend Sindi) and I'm forgetting some. They were all happy to make housecalls.

Smoothy
10-04-15, 02:37
Completely agree on Maribaya girls, Smoothy. I fondly remember Sari, Novi kecil, Tutik, Wulan, Shella (who brought along her freelance friend Sindi) and I'm forgetting some. They were all happy to make housecalls.She's not there anymore, but here are a few pics of Sari from the past, some from maribaya, some from housecalls.

LifeIsABeach
10-04-15, 03:15
here are a few pics of Sari from the past, some from maribaya, some from housecalls.Are there any younger girls at Maribaya or just older?

Smoothy
10-04-15, 03:54
Are there any younger girls at Maribaya or just older?I think Sari was 23 when those pictures were taken. I really haven't been to Maribaya recently so I don't know who is working there currently. If you go, maybe you can post a more current update. I think Henny (who is hot, tall and white skin, never had a baby) is still there, but she would be around 27 by now. Someone recently posted that Henny is only 22 and has only been there 7 months, but she's been there at least 7 years and she was 20 back when she first started there. If you are looking for 18 year old girls and don't care about the quality of service as long as the girls are young, Hotel Classic and Hotel Travel are much better choices for you. If you are looking for good service from a girl in her mid 20's, Maribaya is an excellent choice. And Maribaya is in South Jakarta. There are not many places to go in South Jakarta.

John Aldrich
10-04-15, 17:26
I think Sari was 23 when those pictures were taken. I really haven't been to Maribaya recently so I don't know who is working there currently. If you go, maybe you can post a more current update. I think Henny (who is hot, tall and white skin, never had a baby) is still there, but she would be around 27 by now. Someone recently posted that Henny is only 22 and has only been there 7 months, but she's been there at least 7 years and she was 20 back when she first started there. If you are looking for 18 year old girls and don't care about the quality of service as long as the girls are young, Hotel Classic and Hotel Travel are much better choices for you. If you are looking for good service from a girl in her mid 20's, Maribaya is an excellent choice. And Maribaya is in South Jakarta. There are not many places to go in South Jakarta.Hi Smoothy,

I did Henny the first time in 2002. In fact it was a threesome with Bella. Bella settled down with a Bule later on and lives in Taman Rasuna in Kuningan area. If I recall right, Henny had told me in 2002 that she was from Surabaya and she was 19. So, she must atleast be 32 now.

Smoothy
10-04-15, 21:39
Hi Smoothy,

I did Henny the first time in 2002. In fact it was a threesome with Bella. Bella settled down with a Bule later on and lives in Taman Rasuna in Kuningan area. If I recall right, Henny had told me in 2002 that she was from Surabaya and she was 19. So, she must atleast be 32 now.I'm not sure that's the same Henny (so many of these girls have the same or similar names). I remember large chested Bella well, and used to go with her many times back in those old days around 2002. She was my favorite girl there at Maribaya for a while. Love those tits! Back in those days, I went to Maribaya at least 3 nights a week and Bella was night shift back then. Henny has always been day shift as far as I know. I know the gentleman who put Bella up in Taman Rasuna fairly well. She's not at Taman Rasuna these days anymore. I had Bella come to my apartment a few times years ago after she moved out of Rasuna. I believe she now lives in Europe with a different guy, at least she did a few years ago. I definitely don't remember the Henny I'm talking about coming onto the scene until at least 2007. Then again, maybe I just never noticed her in the past because the girls around 2002 were far hotter than the girls from 2007 until today. But she does kind of stick out like a sore thumb due to her being the tallest girl and the whitest girl there, so I would think I would have noticed her. I couldn't tell you if she was from Surabaya or not. But again, it's all possible.

This is the Henny I was talking about. This picture was taken day shift in 2011. I've also had Henny come to my place during Ramadan a few times but that was also around 2011 I believe.

I do miss Bella.

LA Guy 5
10-04-15, 22:40
Are there any younger girls at Maribaya or just older?A month ago I was with Della during the day shift, who recently turned 23. Not as young as what you find in North Jakarta, but young enough IMHO. I would guess she is younger than the typical Maribaya girl though although I usually only pay much attention to the ones I am attracted to and therefore don't have a good sense of the average age of all the girls there.

Member #4410
10-04-15, 23:07
She's not there anymore, but here are a few pics of Sari from the past, some from maribaya, some from housecalls.Yes, fond memories. She became slightly more chubby over time but always sweet.

Member #4410
10-04-15, 23:15
Are there any younger girls at Maribaya or just older?Depends on your definition of young. Novi kecil returned to Maribaya this year. I had her several times in 2006, when she was 19. That makes her 28 now which is still young to me. I had Sari a couple of times in 2007, some of which together with Novi. I guess Sari was about the same age as Novi then which would make her 20 then and also 28 now (but she's out of the game).

Member #4410
10-04-15, 23:34
<SNIP>

At both hotels I had no issue with my guests except for the WOS, you could certainly feel everyone staring at you as you walk in.
The dreaded "Walk Of Shame" exists only between your ears. Some years ago I stayed at the Ibis Slipi at the time there was an international golf tournament staged nearby. The organisation had arranged lodging for quite a large number of players at the Ibis and had also arranged for sufficient girls to keep the players company for the night. So every morning there was a lot of fond farewells at the front door of the hotel which caused an elderly couple to comment how remarkable it was that so many of the players were married to Indonesian women. <Grin> .

Smoothy
10-05-15, 01:12
The dreaded "Walk Of Shame" exists only between your ears. I'm not so sure I agree with that. I used to stay at Dharmawangsa and the old Indonesian wives of the upper class Indos who stayed there used to give me very dirty looks and even complained to security about the sluts I was bringing back. It was uncomfortable bringing girls back there.

Ratu Sir
10-05-15, 09:58
Hi guys,

First time visit to Jakarta this Oct 21. Will be staying in Fairmont Hotel.

Can anyone suggest good spas, etc etc. Any good action nearby?

Cheers

Smoothy
10-05-15, 15:34
I do miss Bella.Her actual name was Bila. But many did think her name was Bella. We are talking about the same Bella aren't we?

John Aldrich
10-05-15, 18:32
I'm not sure that's the same Henny (so many of these girls have the same or similar names). I remember large chested Bella well, and used to go with her many times back in those old days around 2002. She was my favorite girl there at Maribaya for a while. Love those tits! Back in those days, I went to Maribaya at least 3 nights a week and Bella was night shift back then. Henny has always been day shift as far as I know. I know the gentleman who put Bella up in Taman Rasuna fairly well. She's not at Taman Rasuna these days anymore. I had Bella come to my apartment a few times years ago after she moved out of Rasuna. I believe she now lives in Europe with a different guy, at least she did a few years ago. I definitely don't remember the Henny I'm talking about coming onto the scene until at least 2007. Then again, maybe I just never noticed her in the past because the girls around 2002 were far hotter than the girls from 2007 until today. But she does kind of stick out like a sore thumb due to her being the tallest girl and the whitest girl there, so I would think I would have noticed her. I couldn't tell you if she was from Surabaya or not. But again, it's all possible.

This is the Henny I was talking about. This picture was taken day shift in 2011. I've also had Henny come to my place during Ramadan a few times but that was also around 2011 I believe.

I do miss Bella.The Henny / Yeni that I am stating comes in the night shift. I last visited Maribaya June end and she was still there. It's not the one that you are stating.

Smoothy
10-05-15, 18:34
The Henny / Yeni that I am stating comes in the night shift. I last visited Maribaya June end and she was still there. It's not the one that you are stating.No worries. I love all the girls there. I have a warm spot in my heart for maribaya.

John Aldrich
10-05-15, 18:37
Her actual name was Bila. But many did think her name was Bella. We are talking about the same Bella aren't we?Yes. It's the same Bila. She was a good bisexual too. I still remember the lesbian shows she used to play with Yeni / Henny, whenever I took them for a threesome.

Member #4410
10-05-15, 18:57
I'm not so sure I agree with that. I used to stay at Dharmawangsa and the old Indonesian wives of the upper class Indos who stayed there used to give me very dirty looks and even complained to security about the sluts I was bringing back. It was uncomfortable bringing girls back there.The elderly couple I was referring to was Dutch. Perhaps they were a bit naive compared to those elderly Indonesian women, who may know quite a lot of the ways of the world. But I never feel uncomfortable. Many times when girls do housecalls they specifically ask me to wait for them in the lobby.

UsPete
10-05-15, 19:35
But I never feel uncomfortable. Many times when girls do housecalls they specifically ask me to wait for them in the lobby.Well, Meneer Koperan, one day you may get old (er) and decide to settle down. At that point let me warn you that the last walk of shame you take may well make you feel very uncomfortable.

Some people call it "walking up the aisle" but I like to call it the Final walk of Shame.

Member #4410
10-05-15, 22:35
Well, Meneer Koperan, one day you may get old (er) and decide to settle down. At that point let me warn you that the last walk of shame you take may well make you feel very uncomfortable.

Some people call it "walking up the aisle" but I like to call it the Final walk of Shame.And what is the message you are trying to get across here?

PeeTeePeet
10-06-15, 20:58
In general, I have found Ibis, and Holiday Inn and Ramada type of chains to be the best for mongering activities all over Indonesia. They typically do not have manned lobbies at odd hours the same way five stars do and major chains like Hyatt, Hilton, etc do. Plus they are clean and comfortable and have all the basic necessities for the night.

They also tend to be centrally located so taxi fare turns out to not be a problem. In Jakarta, I have used Ibis every single time and never been a problem in any way. Typically not too many prying eyes either during entry and exit.

Just my 2 pence. Don't know what other people's preferences are in Jakarta and other S. E. Asian destinations.

P

Lost99
10-07-15, 06:38
Looking to have a party with a few friends in the North area.

Most service apartments in central or south Jakarta.

Prefer something about $300 usd / night or less, if you have any suggestions please let me know!

Master Diver II
10-07-15, 09:41
Looking to have a party with a few friends in the North area.

Most service apartments in central or south Jakarta.

Prefer something about $300 usd / night or less, if you have any suggestions please let me know!If you're looking for a party apartment room, you might want to check with Malioboro. You don't have to stay there every night, but I remember viewing a two or three bedroom apartment room with a big jacuzzi type tub in the living room area and a sauna room big enough for six people. That was some years back but I doubt they'd get rid of a room with that kind of a potential for a party. It was complete with a dining table and a living room sitting area with a karaoke set. The master bedroom had two queen sized beds and a curtain could be drawn in between in case anyone got shy; why would you be doing it in the same room if you're shy?

MD II.

Lost99
10-09-15, 01:15
If you're looking for a party apartment room, you might want to check with Malioboro. You don't have to stay there every night, but I remember viewing a two or three bedroom apartment room with a big jacuzzi type tub in the living room area and a sauna room big enough for six people. That was some years back but I doubt they'd get rid of a room with that kind of a potential for a party. It was complete with a dining table and a living room sitting area with a karaoke set. The master bedroom had two queen sized beds and a curtain could be drawn in between in case anyone got shy; why would you be doing it in the same room if you're shy?

MD II.I am guessing that room would be prohibitively expensive, and suited for bringing Malio gals inside only.

I prefer 'real' hotels as I can bring girls from anywhere, Especially since some gals I pickup are from Malls and bars and I don't want to bring them up to a Brothel hotel for drinks and to telegraph my intentions.

John Aldrich
10-09-15, 15:07
I am guessing that room would be prohibitively expensive, and suited for bringing Malio gals inside only.

I prefer 'real' hotels as I can bring girls from anywhere, Especially since some gals I pickup are from Malls and bars and I don't want to bring them up to a Brothel hotel for drinks and to telegraph my intentions.You can try Centro City serviced apartments. Or just go to Rajakamar.com and find your service apartment. You would also get a discount if you book through them.

Lost99
10-09-15, 19:11
You can try Centro City serviced apartments. Or just go to Rajakamar.com and find your service apartment. You would also get a discount if you book through them.Thanks. Place looks a little more basic than I'd like though.

Prefer a 3-4 star place, Hotel suite or service apartment.

So far Aston Rasuna my top option. Looks Ok and reasonable Price.

Fraser residence is very very very nice but a bit too much for me. Their 4 BR suite is $1000 USD / night.

Any other suggestions appreiciated.

Smoothy
10-09-15, 19:19
So far Aston Rasuna my top option. Looks Ok and reasonable Price.That is not located in North Jakarta. That's in Kuningan.

Ratu Sir
10-12-15, 14:43
Hi,

This is my first visit to Jakarta.

Will be staying in Neo Hotel. Any action nearby? Any recommendations / tips etc.

Cheers.

John Aldrich
10-12-15, 17:47
Hi,

Will be staying in Neo Hotel. Any action nearby? Any recommendations / tips etc.

Cheers.There are many Neo hotels in Jakarta, said nice it's a chain. Which Neo tel are you staying in? We might be able to guide you after knowing the location. Meanwhile also RTFF.

MasBule
10-13-15, 01:44
Hi,

Cheers.Are you serious Ratu Sir? Why are you wasting our time.

Last week you stated you were staying in the Fairmont. Which is a $500 USd a night hotel, now your staying at a NEO, at $50 USd a night?

Also, like I said last week, when I answered your same question about 'action near the Fairmont' (and thank you Sir for thanking me for my detailed reply and for wasting time out of my day to give advice to a lazy fucker who can't even RTFF), I suggested you give us info what your into.

This city has alot on offer to suit all budgets to all tastes. A silly question like "any action nearby" is a waste of everyones time time. Learn how to use gogloe maps and RTFF.

If you want answers, firstly its forum etiqutie to thank anyone who gives you a detailed answer and also its also forum etiquette to narrow down your question.

Ie. Whats your budget, what are you into, what's your age, etc etc etc.

Master Diver II
10-13-15, 07:36
I prefer 'real' hotels as I can bring girls from anywhere, Especially since some gals I pickup are from Malls and bars and I don't want to bring them up to a Brothel hotel for drinks and to telegraph my intentions.Mate,

If you picked them up in a mall or a bar and they're following you back to your hotel, someone has already telegraphed intentions. You might also want to look at Aryaduta Semanggi if the rates are good on the date. Other serviced apartments include Somerset Citra and Ascott (yes I have brought girls into Ascott before no problem) but they're not in the North. If you are set on the North, I think Aston also has serviced apartments in the Ancol area. Good luck.

MD II.

Ratu Sir
10-13-15, 10:14
Dear MasBule,

Thank you very much. Appreciate the effort and time spent on replying to my queries. You are the best. Thank you once again. Sorry for bothering you with my queries.

Cheers.

Are you serious Ratu Sir? Why are you wasting our time.

Last week you stated you were staying in the Fairmont. Which is a $500 USd a night hotel, now your staying at a NEO, at $50 USd a night?

Also, like I said last week, when I answered your same question about 'action near the Fairmont' (and thank you Sir for thanking me for my detailed reply and for wasting time out of my day to give advice to a lazy fucker who can't even RTFF), I suggested you give us info what your into.

This city has alot on offer to suit all budgets to all tastes. A silly question like "any action nearby" is a waste of everyones time time. Learn how to use gogloe maps and RTFF.

If you want answers, firstly its forum etiqutie to thank anyone who gives you a detailed answer and also its also forum etiquette to narrow down your question.

Ratu Sir
10-13-15, 13:39
Thanks bro. Appreciate it. Sorry for wasting your time. No worries eh.

Cheers

Ratu Sir
10-15-15, 07:08
Just to clarify few things.

I'm attending a conference in Fairmont. Initially was supposed to stay there but my sponsors changed hotels.

I have RTFF and done my research thru internet and have a fair idea of things.

But thanks for everyone who replied to my query.

Cheers

Smoothy
10-15-15, 14:34
I'm attending a conference in Fairmont. Initially was supposed to stay there but my sponsors changed hotels.Your sponsors switched you from the Fairmont to the NEO? What a screw job. You could stay at the NEO for 2 weeks for the same price as one night at the Fairmont.

Manfield04
10-15-15, 17:22
Review of Hotel.

I stayed at Merlynn Park Hotel in Gambir three weeks ago. It was my second stay over there. First of all, it is girl friendly.

The first time I stayed there in 2013, I had booked an Executive Room. I stayed for 3 nights. The stay was very nice I enjoyed it. The breakfast was excellent. This made me stay there again. I booked a Tifanny room, an upgrade from the Executive Room. It was a bargain too at $51 with breakfast included. I was given a room where I could clearly hear conversations in the adjacent to mine. I phoned the Manager, he came, took notice but he just told the guests in the other room not to speak loudly.

How can one hear voices so clearly from an adjacent room? I was very disappointed and I think I will never stay there again.

Last year, I stayed at Novotel in Gajah Madah. Although I was not quite satisfied with it, it was still better than this one.

Thommy84
10-17-15, 22:26
Hi all,

I will be in Indonesia for 2 weeks early November and have booked 3 short-stays in Jakarta for mongering. So far I'm booked into the following hotels (all booked with free cancellation to be flexible):

1) Favehotel Pasar Baru (budget).

Since this is a budget option I am not envisioning overnight visitors, but chose it for the convenient location to Classic and other locations in the Gaja Mada / Mangga Besar area.

2) Artotel Thamrin.

Room seems to be rather small, but good feedback on hotel quality + rooftop bar available and centrally located.

3) Redtop Hotel.

I have not found any up to date information on this hotel. Does anyone have any insight? Room size seems alright and I got a decent rate, but somehow I'm not convinced that it is the right choice for my last few days in Indonesia.

I do plan to share a quick review after my trip, but if any of you have had experiences worth sharing on any of the 3 (particularly the Redtop) I'd appreciate it since. If necessary. I could still cancel / switch to a different hotel.

Thanks and best regards.

Thommy

John Aldrich
10-18-15, 18:00
Hi all,

I will be in Indonesia for 2 weeks early November and have booked 3 short-stays in Jakarta for mongering. So far I'm booked into the following hotels (all booked with free cancellation to be flexible):

Since this is a budget option I am not envisioning overnight visitors, but chose it for the convenient location to Classic and other locations in the Gaja Mada / Mangga Besar area.

2) Artotel Thamrin.

Room seems to be rather small, but good feedback on hotel quality + rooftop bar available and centrally located.

3) Redtop Hotel.

I have not found any up to date information on this hotel. Does anyone have any insight? Room size seems alright and I got a decent rate, but somehow I'm not convinced that it is the right choice for my last few days in Indonesia.

I do plan to share a quick review after my trip, but if any of you have had experiences worth sharing on any of the 3 (particularly the Redtop) I'd appreciate it since. If necessary. I could still cancel / switch to a different hotel.

Thanks and best regards.

ThommyOff the 3, Redtop is in the heart of mongering district. Red top has an excellent massage place where they have role play massages such as doctor. Patient, teacher. Student, nurse. Patient etc. Other joints such as emporia massage and also classic etc are in walking distance. Hayam Wuruk is closeby and so is Malioboro, and you could go there taking a Bajaj.

I have not seen much action in Pasaribu Baru. The Thamrin joint is equi distance between Hayam Wuruk and Bats, but you have to take a cab. Or you could go to South Jakarta.

If you are looking at Bar girl pick up places where you can take them to your room, then you could look at South Jakarta places, such as Ambhara. If you are looking for budget places, then look at Neo Melawai or there are many posts here on hotels in Blok M.

UsPete
10-18-15, 22:59
Off the 3, Redtop is in the heart of mongering district. Red top has an excellent massage place where they have role play massages such as doctor. Patient, teacher. Student, nurse. Patient etc. Other joints such as emporia massage and also classic etc are in walking distance. Hayam Wuruk is closeby and so is Malioboro, and you could go there taking a Bajaj.

I have not seen much action in Pasaribu Baru. The Thamrin joint is equi distance between Hayam Wuruk and Bats, but you have to take a cab. Or you could go to South Jakarta.

If you are looking at Bar girl pick up places where you can take them to your room, then you could look at South Jakarta places, such as Ambhara. If you are looking for budget places, then look at Neo Melawai or there are many posts here on hotels in Blok M.Mr Aldrich.

Despite your kind advice I've a feeling you've based it only on your google knowledge of Jakarta.

Hayam Waruk is a street named after the fourth monarch of the Majapahit Empire not a club. Pasaribu is a Batak Clan (who ate Irish missionaries) not a place. You've also confused Redtop with Sparks Hotel re. Roleplay.

Thommy84 has made his choices to the north and centre of the great city so probably isn't interested in a long trip to the southern suburbs. My comments are Redtop and Artotel (rooftop bar shuts pretty early) are a thumbs up. The girl who works in the business centre of redtop is on my target list. Favehotel PasarBaru- really for a one nighter sleep only. FaveHotel Wahid Hasyim is better. The Alila near Pasar Baru is offering decent weekday prices.

Joel Goodsen
10-19-15, 01:33
Mr Aldrich.

Despite your kind advice I've a feeling you've based it only on your google knowledge of Jakarta.

Hayam Waruk is a street named after the fourth monarch of the Majapahit Empire not a club. Pasaribu is a Batak Clan (who ate Irish missionaries) not a place. Hayam Waruk. It is Hayam Wuruk. And the street used to be called Molenvliet. "Mill canal". A name I like better, Molenvliet, because during the rainy season that lousy canal system in Jakarta was still working then.

Pasaribu eating Irish missionaries. They must have tasted lousy, the poor Irish. The Batak became protestant.

BTW I concur with John Aldrichs advise. Going South is more fun.

Emporium is very close to RedTop. It seems to be now under Malioboro management. I stayed in Redtop once, rooms are a bit run down, not clean, but otherwise good value.

Lost99
10-19-15, 02:14
Hi all,

2) Artotel Thamrin.

3) Redtop Hotel.

Thanks and best regards.

Thommy1. I've heard mixed reviews of that Fave location. Can walk to Classic, but have to cross the street with lots of traffic and carzy mototbikes. Not much around there for food as well. I would choose elsewhere, but PM me if you want a discount booking code.

3. Red Top has large rooms and a great location. Across from Emporium, can walk to classic, and many food stalls outside at night. Many mini marts, and my Fave seafood resto 2 blocks away. Hotel rooms are slightly worn, but clean, good service, good breakfast buffet with egg station and many choices, great location, amd good price for what you get.

UsPete
10-19-15, 10:43
Hayam Waruk. It is Hayam Wuruk. And the street used to be called Molenvliet. "Mill canal". A name I like better, Molenvliet, because during the rainy season that lousy canal system in Jakarta was still working then.

Pasaribu eating Irish missionaries. They must have tasted lousy, the poor Irish. The Batak became protestant.

BTW I concur with John Aldrichs advise. Going South is more fun.

OK Joel, Sorry to split hairs but Jl. Hayam Wuruk was formerly Molenvliet Oost and the area north is still called Bantenburg by some.

But you're certainly both correct that the South is worth a mongering visit. I've got an eight day partly working visit coming up in Jakarta and I'll spend two of them overnight in Blok M / Kemang area. I'm giving the Oak Tree in Blok M a shot (as previously recommended on this forum) on Friday 13th Nov. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer. PM me.

John Aldrich
10-19-15, 19:13
Mr Aldrich.

Hayam Waruk is a street named after the fourth monarch of the Majapahit Empire not a club. Pasaribu is a Batak Clan (who ate Irish missionaries) not a place. You've also confused Redtop with Sparks Hotel re. Roleplay.

Thommy84 has made his choices to the north and centre of the great city so probably isn't interested in a long trip to the southern suburbs. My comments are Redtop and Artotel (rooftop bar shuts pretty early) are a thumbs up. The girl who works in the business centre of redtop is on my target list. Favehotel PasarBaru- really for a one nighter sleep only. FaveHotel Wahid Hasyim is better. The Alila near Pasar Baru is offering decent weekday prices.Thanks for your comments. Yes, you are right. I got mixed up between Redtop and Sparks. My apologies. I stand corrected.

In terms of my knowledge of Jakarta, request to kindly see my posts from 2002 onwards and about my introductions to the joints in Hayam Wuruk area such as 1001, Berlan, Ibu Linda and many more, which were first posted by me. That could clarify to you that I am a resident of Jakarta, mongering here since 2002 along with old timers like JAD, Bule69 etc. But, nevertheless, I am always open to be corrected, since my mongering age in Jakarta is pretty old and age fails to catch up with memory.

Thommy84
10-19-15, 19:56
Hi all,

First and foremost: thanks for the numerous feedback which is much appreciated and has resolved my initial concern about the Redtop.

I am aware that the Favehotel Pasar Baru is a budget location which most likely does not get any potential female visitors wet in anticipation, but since I will spend my first days (I can't avoid it unfortunately) traveling to some extent, I don't care too much as long as it is clean (which comments from several hotel pages suggest).

With regards to the South: Us Pete is right. To be honest I may pay Blok M a visit one night, but. So far. I had not intended to base my hotel choice on proximity since at night traffic should not be that bad from what I hear.

I will however contemplate changing from the Favehotel if there is a good budget alternative. I'll keep my eyes open.

Again, many thanks to all your feedback.

LifeIsABeach
10-29-15, 07:14
As I will be coming late at night, around midnight, I have decided to first stay in North Jakarta for that night and another and spend the rest in South Jakarta. Favehotel LTC Glodok Jakarta is a new hotel and a good deal. I do not minding crossing a street or two to get to mongering actions. Red Top is more expensive. North CJK, I am expecting just day time action and just entertainment at night in some bars.

LifeIsABeach
10-29-15, 19:00
As I will be coming late at night, around midnight, I have decided to first stay in North Jakarta for that night and another and spend the rest in South Jakarta. Favehotel LTC Glodok Jakarta is a new hotel and a good deal. I do not minding crossing a street or two to get to mongering actions. Red Top is more expensive. North CJK, I am expecting just day time action and just entertainment at night in some bars.Though it is a new hotel, it is no where close to the Classic. It is in China town.

LifeIsABeach
10-30-15, 07:31
I can recommend the Oak Tree Hotel. Modern and funky design in some areas, great open air bar with live band as well. Quite different to most hotels in the blok. Very close to the well known Hotel Mahakam, behind blokm Plaza. Booked for 6 nights at Oak Tree Urban Hotel, Sampit Street V Number 3, Blok M, Jakarta, Indonesia 12130. Just a word of advice I need. I would be coming very late at night from Manila, landing around 11.35 pm on Sunday night. I want to have a taste of both the North Jakarta mongering life and also the South Jakarta. I have decided to stay at the RedTop hotel in North Jakarta when I arrive, which may be at 1. 00 am in the morning. Currently planning to just stay the Sunday night when I arrive and Monday and leave for South Jakarta on Tuesday afternoon and stay there for 6 nights. Is that too short a time to be in North Jakarta or stay another day and enjoy the brothels and clubs a bit more and stay 5 days in South Jakarta? First time in Jakarta.

MasBule
10-30-15, 08:27
Booked for 6 nights at Oak Tree Urban Hotel, Sampit Street V Number 3, Blok M, Jakarta, Indonesia 12130. Just a word of advice I need. I would be coming very late at night from Manila, landing around 11.35 pm on Sunday night. I want to have a taste of both the North Jakarta mongering life and also the South Jakarta. I have decided to stay at the RedTop hotel in North Jakarta when I arrive, which may be at 1. 00 am in the morning. Currently planning to just stay the Sunday night when I arrive and Monday and leave for South Jakarta on Tuesday afternoon and stay there for 6 nights. Is that too short a time to be in North Jakarta or stay another day and enjoy the brothels and clubs a bit more and stay 5 days in South Jakarta? First time in Jakarta.Can't remember your tastes bro, but South for older crappier bars and hookers. North for modern venues, usually younger less english speaking hookers. Much more asian feel.

I'd do south first for a few days, settle into the vibe and the culture a bit, then do North later. North is a tad tougher for a first timer. Probably half / half, but depends on what your comfy with- whilst the traffic is horrendous, if you make a wrong call. At 10 pm its only 1 HR to nth / sth.

MasBule
10-30-15, 08:30
Booked for 6 nights at Oak Tree Urban Hotel, Sampit Street V Number 3, Blok M, Jakarta, Indonesia 12130. Just a word of advice I need. I would be coming very late at night from Manila, landing around 11.35 pm on Sunday night. I want to have a taste of both the North Jakarta mongering life and also the South Jakarta. I have decided to stay at the RedTop hotel in North Jakarta when I arrive, which may be at 1. 00 am in the morning. Currently planning to just stay the Sunday night when I arrive and Monday and leave for South Jakarta on Tuesday afternoon and stay there for 6 nights. Is that too short a time to be in North Jakarta or stay another day and enjoy the brothels and clubs a bit more and stay 5 days in South Jakarta? First time in Jakarta.P.S. Redtop is almost across the road from Emporium, short walk to Classic and has some great street food there (if you've been asia for a while, go for it, you won't get sick).

LifeIsABeach
10-30-15, 18:28
Can't remember your tastes bro, but South for older crappier bars and hookers. North for modern venues, usually younger less english speaking hookers. Much more asian feel. I'd do south first for a few days, settle into the vibe and the culture a bit, then do North later. North is a tad tougher for a first timer. Probably half / half, but depends on what your comfy with- whilst the traffic is horrendous, if you make a wrong call. At 10 pm its only 1 HR to nth / sth.I only chose to stay in the North first as the incoming flight is very late and the evening is mostly wasted. Rather than have taxi drive all the way to the South, I'd though that I'd stop at the closest mongering destination (north) first. Even if I could get a FS massage the first night of arrival, I'd be happy. I could change and go to South first if makes sense. I'll spend a bit more time in North also. Thanks.

LuigiScore
11-07-15, 02:34
If your'e staying near blockM I would recommend the Falatehan Hotel by Safin, reasonably priced and walking distance from top gun and my bar. A budget option that I think is pretty good was the'cozie Hotel however its very close and walikng distance from top / bar but it takes a dark alley of sorts to get there and the taxi cab driver ripoffs will at least charge you 50000 to get there, I walk there myself but no way will your date will ever walk that. If you like to visit Classic or Bats, All seasons hotel Tharmin is a good hotel. If you are staying in the kemang area and want a good budget hotel, I would say Favehotel kemang- Restaurants, bars, and ATM's and also not to far from block m. Finally, If your'e staying in North Jakarta I did not like Favehotel Glodok. Nothing wrong with rooms I just think its a hassle by car, or if your'e a walker to get up and down to your'e hotel especially at night where you go through dark lot areas just to get to the elevator.

Lost99
11-11-15, 04:49
I only chose to stay in the North first as the incoming flight is very late and the evening is mostly wasted. Rather than have taxi drive all the way to the South, I'd though that I'd stop at the closest mongering destination (north) first. Even if I could get a FS massage the first night of arrival, I'd be happy. I could change and go to South first if makes sense. I'll spend a bit more time in North also. Thanks.If you are coming in from a late flight, you might want to consider staying right at the airport at Orzhardz or FM7. Both are new hotels with bordellos with massage and ladies available. FM7 is part of the Classic hotel group with the same M.O. You can then head into the City (North or South) the next day after having gotten your obligatory post-flight release.

LA Guy 5
11-11-15, 04:57
I only chose to stay in the North first as the incoming flight is very late and the evening is mostly wasted. Rather than have taxi drive all the way to the South, I'd though that I'd stop at the closest mongering destination (north) first. Even if I could get a FS massage the first night of arrival, I'd be happy. I could change and go to South first if makes sense. I'll spend a bit more time in North also. Thanks.Keep in mind though if you are arriving late, the traffic from the airport will be substantially less and you should be able to get to your destination, whether North or South Jakarta, relatively quickly as the main hangup in this regard is always the traffic.

Kaywhy
11-11-15, 07:26
Thanks for your comments. Yes, you are right. I got mixed up between Redtop and Sparks. My apologies. I stand corrected.

In terms of my knowledge of Jakarta, request to kindly see my posts from 2002 onwards and about my introductions to the joints in Hayam Wuruk area such as 1001, Berlan, Ibu Linda and many more, which were first posted by me. That could clarify to you that I am a resident of Jakarta, mongering here since 2002 along with old timers like JAD, Bule69 etc. But, nevertheless, I am always open to be corrected, since my mongering age in Jakarta is pretty old and age fails to catch up with memory.Some others on this site would have lost it and tried to see who could yell loudest. Great to see a cool head and mature gentleman here.

Tank Not Mt
11-11-15, 23:11
If you are coming in from a late flight, you might want to consider staying right at the airport at Orzhardz or FM7. Both are new hotels with bordellos with massage and ladies available. FM7 is part of the Classic hotel group with the same M.O. You can then head into the City (North or South) the next day after having gotten your obligatory post-flight release.A couple of friends and I are coming to Indonesia for the first time and plan to go and see Jakarta and some of its sights and pleasures. Do you know of any better quality 4 star Hotels close to the action other than FM7? Are there many mosquitoes near FM7? I assume most Hotels are guest friendly; am I right? Are we better off staying at or near Hotel Classic?

LA Guy 5
11-12-15, 02:12
A couple of friends and I are coming to Indonesia for the first time and plan to go and see Jakarta and some of its sights and pleasures. Do you know of any better quality 4 star Hotels close to the action other than FM7? Are there many mosquitoes near FM7? I assume most Hotels are guest friendly; am I right? Are we better off staying at or near Hotel Classic?Difficult to answer your question as there is no single area that is where the action is. Some people like North Jakarta / Kota, some like the Blok M bars and Maribaya, some like CJ's / Bats, etc. So, for example, it would not work to stay in North Jakarta if you would be spending most of your time in the South, e. G. , Blok M. Try to focus on this, and then after figuring out where in the city you would like to stay maybe come back and ask about hotel recommendations. In this regard including what you would like to pay would be helpful given different people might have different notions of what constitutes a four-star (as opposed to three or five) hotel in Jakarta.

Ceegee
11-27-15, 07:20
Gave the Grove Suites in Kuningan a try recently, and was pleasantly surprised. Got the 1 bedroom, was a very nice room with a couple of tvs and a small kitchen. There is a mall and cinema attached, the mall is pretty crappy but provides a meeting place if you want to interview the girl first. There is a grocery store that sells beer in the basement of the mall, Starbucks, pharmacy, and various restaurants what more could a horny guy want. Most of the girls I had talked to had never heard of the mall though, but their taxis found it.

The traffic in Kuningan is f#cking horrendous though. I like the hotel, but usually avoid Kuningan and now I remember why.

Smoothy
11-27-15, 09:07
The traffic in Kuningan is f#cking horrendous though. I like the hotel, but usually avoid Kuningan and now I remember why.Depends where you are going and what time. There are shortcuts you can take from that area to get to wherever you need to go. I was also at grove suites this past week. It used to be a great place to stay. Unfortunately, the mall it's attached to is dying.

Ceegee
11-27-15, 10:02
Ahh crap, if I had known we were in the same hotel at the same time I would have had a beer with you. Getting to and from the airport was the worst.

So the mall used to be better? It sure is not much now, but seemed to have the essentials.

Depends where you are going and what time. There are shortcuts you can take from that area to get to wherever you need to go. I was also at grove suites this past week. It used to be a great place to stay. Unfortunately, the mall it's attached to is dying.

Smoothy
11-27-15, 17:22
Ahh crap, if I had known we were in the same hotel at the same time I would have had a beer with you. Getting to and from the airport was the worst.

So the mall used to be better? It sure is not much now, but seemed to have the essentials.That mall never became popular. But the traffic there has died down quite a bit in the last couple of years. A lot of the restaurants closed up, but a few new ones have come. I used to love the two sushi restaurants they had, but both are gone now. And they had an all you can eat buffet that was great that is now closed. The good thing is the theater isn't too crowded and neither is the karaoke. Did you happen to make it to Liquid Exchange last Wednesday? I thought the band there that night was pretty good.

Ceegee
11-29-15, 02:58
I saw Liquid Exchange when I was walking around getting orientated, but never went in. Always had to work early the next morning, so just had girls meet me in the lobby of the hotel and then went to sleep when I was done. I had a look around the cinema, and the various floors of the mall.

Previously I had stayed at the Morrissey a lot, but getting woken up by the mosque early in the morning got on my nerves. I did like having Jaksa right there if I felt like a couple of beers, but I'm usually working so don't go out late at night much anyway.

I will probably give Grove another go, and see if I can figure out a way for the taxis to get me in and out of Kuningan faster.

That mall never became popular. But the traffic there has died down quite a bit in the last couple of years. A lot of the restaurants closed up, but a few new ones have come. I used to love the two sushi restaurants they had, but both are gone now. And they had an all you can eat buffet that was great that is now closed. The good thing is the theater isn't too crowded and neither is the karaoke. Did you happen to make it to Liquid Exchange last Wednesday? I thought the band there that night was pretty good.

Master Diver II
11-30-15, 01:21
I will probably give Grove another go, and see if I can figure out a way for the taxis to get me in and out of Kuningan faster.I normally have a local sim card in my tablet with data and use waze or google maps to check the fastest route when getting a cab. The cab drivers have appreciated me helping them find out where the traffic is and which way is fastest so far. With the current state of the traffic, I would seriously advise anyone to use waze / google maps to get around. It's also helped when the driver doesn't know your destination. I was staying at The Hermitage in Menteng and very few drivers knew their way there at all. Gorgeous hotel, great service and only spoiled by a couple of flies disturbing my breakfast. Thankfully the bill wasn't on my tab as the rooms were 2. 6 million with breakfast.

MD II.

FlapFlap
01-07-16, 10:31
Hey guys,

I've booked a flight to Jakarta in mid April for the duration of 2 weeks. My eye fell across the G7 hotel, its a 10 minute walk from the national monument and appears to be in the same street as Classic Hotel (which ID like to try at least ones).

This will be my first stay in Jakarta and besides doing some sightseeing my main goal of the trip will be to monger. Planning to do most of my action via social media and mall pickups but I'm also a fan of massages.

Now for that I need a proper mall within walking distance of my hotel so I was wondering if the G7 hotel falls into this category (I've tried to RTFF and use Google but there are just too many malls for me to figure it out). And if not which area or hotel you would suggest.

The G7 hotel for 13 nights would set me back $400 and it scores a 8.1 on booking.com so I was looking for something in a similar price category.

- 6'4 guy in his late twenties from western Europe.

- I don't speak a word of the local tongue.

- $100 dollar budget / day outside of the hotel.

Thanks in advance!

UsPete
01-07-16, 17:33
Hey guys,

- $100 dollar budget / day outside of the hotel.

Thanks in advance!Hi.

G7, It's a well known short-time hotel, near a workshop I used in the past, nobody ever stays more than 2 hours in it. Trust me, most online girls wouldn't be willing to stay or visit there.

As a first timer you would probably enjoy staying in or near one of the budget hotels along Jl Wahid Hasyim, Thamrin which gives you easier access and transport to the tourist stuff, and certainly nearer the pickup malls.

I would go for 8/9 night nears Sarinah Thamrin and 4 nights South in Blok M / Melawai.

Booking.Com is more reliable than Agoda though they're owned by the same outfit.

FlapFlap
01-07-16, 18:25
Hi.

G7, It's a well known short-time hotel, near a workshop I used in the past, nobody ever stays more than 2 hours in it. Trust me, most online girls wouldn't be willing to stay or visit there.

As a first timer you would probably enjoy staying in or near one of the budget hotels along Jl Wahid Hasyim, Thamrin which gives you easier access and transport to the tourist stuff, and certainly nearer the pickup malls.

I would go for 8/9 night nears Sarinah Thamrin and 4 nights South in Blok M / Melawai.

Booking.Com is more reliable than Agoda though they're owned by the same outfit..Thanks! I took your tips to heart and switched into a 9 night stay in Ibis Jakarta Arcadia and a 4 night stay at D'cozie Hotel by Prasanthi!

MasBule
01-08-16, 06:51
Thanks! I took your tips to heart and switched into a 9 night stay in Ibis Jakarta Arcadia and a 4 night stay at D'cozie Hotel by Prasanthi!USPete beat me to it. I was going to suggest Wahid Hasyim and I agree with Ibis Jakarta, and as late twenties guy you may even pull girls in the evening in that area, or at Beergarden next door to the hotel or Sarinah. All very close.

And the'Cozie, well it isn't the best location as its on a busy road, but its very close to the blokm bars and blokm mall, and has a nice little rooftop bar.

Both good choices.

Cucumber
01-09-16, 09:08
Can anyone recommend a hotel with a long pool (minimum 20 meters) near Hotel Classic / Kota area? In the past I have stayed at the Hotel Borobodur near Monument Nasional, which has a fantastic pool set in nice large green grounds, but I would like to get even a bit closer to Classic and the Kota action.

Blacka0
01-09-16, 10:16
Can anyone recommend a hotel with a long pool (minimum 20 meters) near Hotel Classic / Kota area? In the past I have stayed at the Hotel Borobodur near Monument Nasional, which has a fantastic pool set in nice large green grounds, but I would like to get even a bit closer to Classic and the Kota action.The nearest is grand Mercure it 10 minutes from classic.

Cucumber
01-09-16, 22:48
The nearest is grand Mercure it 10 minutes from classic.That would be the perfect hotel for me, but the pool really does not look like it is 20 meters long on any of the pictures I can find. Can you confirm that it is?

Goferring
01-09-16, 23:28
That would be the perfect hotel for me, but the pool really does not look like it is 20 meters long on any of the pictures I can find. Can you confirm that it is?Further away, but the Atlet Century Park has a full size pool. Its used by a lot as a training pool due to the number of athletes that stay at the hotel and its proximity to the Stadium (the real one not the disco!) and sports ovals across the road.

UsPete
01-10-16, 00:44
That would be the perfect hotel for me, but the pool really does not look like it is 20 meters long on any of the pictures I can find. Can you confirm that it is?The grand mercure is a great location, it's pool may well be 20 m. The gym is quite good as it overlooks the street, canal and terminal which is fun to watch from. The Spa is good, clean and obviously part of the stay.

Biggest pool in North Jakarta is the Novotel Mangga Dua. It refers to itself as "olympic size" but from memory is about 40 x 30.

Tambora.

Cucumber
01-12-16, 22:25
The grand mercure is a great location, it's pool may well be 20 m. The gym is quite good as it overlooks the street, canal and terminal which is fun to watch from. The Spa is good, clean and obviously part of the stay.

Biggest pool in North Jakarta is the Novotel Mangga Dua. It refers to itself as "olympic size" but from memory is about 40 x 30.Thanks for your suggestions gentlemen. I called Grand Mercure Harmoni, and their pool is definitely way less than 20 meters (I think they said 8). At Grand Mercure Kemayoran they couldn't give me an answer, but it looks small on the internet. Novotel Mangga Dua is too far north for my purposes. At the moment Redtop is the most promising, right by Classic. They wrote to me that their pool is 30 meters long and gave other very detailed measurements so I am assuming the information is correct. My only concern is that many reviews say Redtop has lousy wifi, which is also important for me. In the past I have stayed at the Borobodur near Monument Nasional, which has a fantastic pool set in its own park, but also weak wifi in the room. I will continue the research.

MasBule
01-13-16, 02:25
Thanks for your suggestions gentlemen. I called Grand Mercure Harmoni, and their pool is definitely way less than 20 meters (I think they said 8). At Grand Mercure Kemayoran they couldn't give me an answer, but it looks small on the internet. Novotel Mangga Dua is too far north for my purposes. At the moment Redtop is the most promising, right by Classic. They wrote to me that their pool is 30 meters long and gave other very detailed measurements so I am assuming the information is correct. My only concern is that many reviews say Redtop has lousy wifi, which is also important for me. In the past I have stayed at the Borobodur near Monument Nasional, which has a fantastic pool set in its own park, but also weak wifi in the room. I will continue the research.If you like the Borobodur. I don't think you will find better (north of Monas) - maybe you can ask for a room with top WiFi?

Here's a couple other suggestions. But you should research them.

- SariPan at Sarinah, I can't remember the pool size, but you can see it from the resto, its rectangle and maybe big enough?

- Aryaduta, again pool out the back on about the 5th floor, can't remember the size, but I recall its a big rectangle one? Both close to the Borobudor.

- The Media hotel in Kemayoran, was busted last year for allowing high school kids to organise an after school bikini party. They also hold regular (localised) events for pool parties, maybe worth a look? Never seen it myself.

- Frazer residence and Hotel in Cikini (menteng) has a long lap pool. Its close to the Aryaduta, but starting to get too far from Classic if that's your objective.

Cucumber
01-17-16, 04:36
So I ended up trying the Redtop Hotel.

Its big advantage is that it is just a 5 minute walk from Classic. Emporium is directly across the street from Redtop, but I have not actually tried Emporium yet as it seems expensive.

The WiFi in my (Executive) room was excellent. Automatic logon without ID or password, high speed. ISG and some other sites are banned (though not all porn sites), but I could easily access them via free web-based proxy).

The pool is about 30 meters long and good for doing laps. It is curvy on one long side, but straight on the other and the tiles are at right angles to the sides so it is easy to swim straight.

When I looked closely (e. G. At dust under the bed), the cleaning in my room was not fantastic, but it didn't bother me. The bathroom needs refurbishing and smells a bit. Which did bother me.

They seem to have quite a lot of buffet lunches and dinners in the lobby restaurant, which is convenient if you want to eat quickly and choose freely.

There is some noise from the Mosques, but not too bad.

There are some interesting places to eat and street life in the area.

I did not bring in any girls but my guess is that that would be entirely unproblematic.

Bkk212
01-24-16, 18:33
Stayed at two hotels in Jakarta this time around, Novotel Gaja Madah and Holiday Inn Sarinah. The Novotel is still a good hotel not too run down as yet, carpets seem old but the room, facilities are still operational. Only problem and it is existing is the female front desk staff avoid them at all cost unless you are Caucasian, if you are not expect poor service and to be treated as a criminal. The gym is small but has a good range of machines and free weights with cardio machines that still actually work. Worth the stay if you get a members special.

Holiday Inn Sarinah is brand new so the hotel is clean and comfortable, wide assortment of TV channels, no pool, small (really small) fitness room with cardio machines and no weight machines, some dumbbells (10 kg max) are available. Once again a good choice if you get a special.

The staff polite and friendly except for one idiot in housekeeping, that refused me extra towels. But at the front desk there are two absolutely beautiful staff working there, I k now Jakarta has a lot of beautiful, sexy women, that's why I go there. But these are the first front desk staff that I have seen (and I have stayed at a lot of hotels) that can take your breath away.

Smoothy
01-25-16, 01:04
But these are the first front desk staff that I have seen (and I have stayed at a lot of hotels) that can take your breath away.Thanks for the advice. I will stop in this week and see if I can get lucky.

SteelBaton
04-05-16, 04:29
Gents:

Grand Mercure Harmoni: Am I correct that this is nicest hotel in reasonable striking distance of the north-central action (Alexis, Central, Malioboro, etc)? I know the hotel is well positioned, my question is: is there a better class of hotel with reasonable location? Looks like all the five-star hotels are in south-central which makes them too far, correct?

Cheers.

Blacka0
04-05-16, 17:53
Gents:

Grand Mercure Harmoni: Am I correct that this is nicest hotel in reasonable striking distance of the north-central action (Alexis, Central, Malioboro, etc)? I know the hotel is well positioned, my question is: is there a better class of hotel with reasonable location? Looks like all the five-star hotels are in south-central which makes them too far, correct?

Cheers.Grand Mercure is the best hotel within range of classic only 5 minutes by taxi or Alexis only 20 minutes its in the middle of all places and its a 5 star hotel with big clean rooms. I always stay this hotel it also has a good price. If you want a.

Lower price hotel you can opt for all seasons Gajah Mada that's almost across the street next to Gajah Mada plaza. Or if you want really cheap ass hotel but only 3 stars ahhaha you can choos ibis next to Grande Mercure but I wouldn't recommend you that maybe for fucking the street hookers along Gajah Mada hahahah.

John Aldrich
04-06-16, 15:31
Gents:

Cheers.You can try Hotel Borobudur. That is close to action area and is a better class hotel.

Smoothy
04-06-16, 17:02
Gents:

Cheers.Personally, I don't think that the Kempinski is all that far from Grand Mercure Harmoni. It's about 30 minutes at the most from Kempinski to Grand Mercure Harmoni by taxi. The Kempinski is connected to the Grand Indonesia Mall and is in a helluva lot nicer area and a helluva lot nicer hotel than that Grand Mercure Harmoni. If you are getting the hotel paid for by company, and the Kempinski isn't out of their budget (Kempinski is about 220 usd a night, while Mercure is only about 65 a night), I'd stay there. The Grand Mercure Harmoni is mostly Chinese and locals, you won't find many westerners staying there. If you are working in South Jakarta, you have to pass the Kempinski to get to that Grand Mercure on your way home anyway.

Grand Mercure Harmoni is great if you are on a sex holiday on a budget. It's in a close proximity to the brothels of North Jakarta. It's a clean and fairly new hotel, but is in no way one of the nicer hotels in the city.

I see John is suggesting Borobudur, that is also a higher quality hotel than Grand Mercure (although not as new). It's a bit further from places like Classic and Malioboro, but closer than Kempinski. Borobudur is one of the oldest hotels in town and at one point many years ago I considered it the best hotel in town. I would think Borobudur is around 110 usd a night now.

SteelBaton
04-09-16, 16:36
I see John is suggesting Borobudur, that is also a higher quality hotel than Grand Mercure (although not as new). It's a bit further from places like Classic and Malioboro, but closer than Kempinski. Borobudur is one of the oldest hotels in town and at one point many years ago I considered it the best hotel in town. I would think Borobudur is around 110 usd a night now.Thank you Smoothy and John, I'll check both of those out. Money isn't a problem since the boss is paying but I do hate sitting in traffic. Cheers.

Smoothy
04-10-16, 18:57
Well,

My great dilemma for Peru holiday or Jakarta.

I am thinking Jakarta now and hope you can help with good budget hotel list near Hotel Classic?

What kind of prices are we talking for 2 weeks?Favehotel and G7 Hotel are very cheap hotels right next to Classic (I think they are 20 or 30 usd a night), or RedTop hotel is about a 5 minute walk to Classic (around 50 a night).

A Peru Holiday is very different from a Jakarta holiday if hotel classic is your venue of choice. There are no big nice brothels like hotel classic in Lima. Lima is great for free lancers.

LifeIsABeach
04-11-16, 04:51
A Peru Holiday is very different from a Jakarta holiday if hotel classic is your venue of choice. There are no big nice brothels like hotel classic in Lima. Lima is great for free lancers.Peru does have some legal brothels similar to Classic though not hotels. Las Cucardas and Troc are legal, has some really nice latina Chicas and are very cheap. They do also have bars and entertainment. I have numerous posts on Peru in the Peru threads and here are a couple of interest, posts 3788 and 3783. Jakarta has a hell more girls looking to suck your cock and get laid than Peru. Though Peru may not be expensive but work to find the girls, Jakarta can be a lot more fun and equally cheap.

Smoothy
04-11-16, 05:12
Peru does have some legal brothels similar to Classic though not hotels. Las Cucardas and Troc are legal, has some really nice latina Chicas and are very cheap. I haven't been to Lima since 2010, but from what I remember, the brothels there were crap compared to Hotel Classic. My experience was that the rooms and environment at Classic are FAR superior to anything in Lima. Hotel Classic is pretty damn nice, and the places I went in Lima were not anywhere near as nice - as far as rooms. I did think some of the chicas in Lima were very nice, but the places I was shagging them in were crap. The rooms in the places in Lima were more similar to the rooms at bintang mawar than at Classic. (Unless I missed some that did exist. If so, maybe I should give it another try.) I also never felt as safe in Lima as I do in Jakarta. I can honestly say I can't recall the name of a single place I went in Lima, but I did have locals as tour guides for the month I was there (as well as a former board member based in Lima). Should I give it another shot? I'm not far from there at the moment.

Free lancers were fairly easy to find in Lima. I could go to those discos under Tony Romas and meet girls there pretty easily. I would compare those discos to places like Dragonfly in Jakarta. I had much better luck at those places in Lima than I do at Dragonfly. haha. And there was a hooker bar near that big park where they have art work displayed during the day not too far from there that was awesome.

LA Guy 5
04-11-16, 05:41
Peru does have some legal brothels similar to Classic though not hotels. Las Cucardas and Troc are legal, has some really nice latina Chicas and are very cheap. They do also have bars and entertainment. I have numerous posts on Peru in the Peru threads and here are a couple of interest, posts 3788 and 3783. Jakarta has a hell more girls looking to suck your cock and get laid than Peru. Though Peru may not be expensive but work to find the girls, Jakarta can be a lot more fun and equally cheap.Yes, Las Cucardas can be fun, but if I am remembering correctly is more like the windows of Amsterdam only all in an enclosed building and a bit sleazier. Also, it is not unlike the Sex Park in Prague, for those who have experienced it.

Classic, Travel, and the like strike me as very different in that the rooms are much much better, and the room in which the girls are displayed is like one large mid-level bar, or bar complex that is not run down.

The similarity is all these places offer sex at rather moderate or cheap prices. But I'm not sure I see much else similar about them.

LifeIsABeach
04-11-16, 06:14
Yes, Las Cucardas can be fun, but if I am remembering correctly is more like the windows of Amsterdam only all in an enclosed building and a bit sleazier. Also, it is not unlike the Sex Park in Prague, for those who have experienced it.

Classic, Travel, and the like strike me as very different in that the rooms are much much better, and the room in which the girls are displayed is like one large mid-level bar, or bar complex that is not run down.

The similarity is all these places offer sex at rather moderate or cheap prices. But I'm not sure I see much else similar about them.Las Cucardes is by no means a run down building. It's not an aquarium. The girls have their rooms and stand by them. The place is quite clean, has bars, on multiple floors and also shows some times. I agree that the girls rooms are smaller than the rooms at Classic. Classic gives a great service in entertainment, women, price and beer! I would take Classic over the Lima brothels.

LA Guy 5
04-11-16, 06:49
Las Cucardes is by no means a run down building. It's not an aquarium. The girls have their rooms and stand by them. The place is quite clean, has bars, on multiple floors and also shows some times. I agree that the girls rooms are smaller than the rooms at Classic. Classic gives a great service in entertainment, women, price and beer! I would take Classic over the Lima brothels.Just to clarify, the comparison to the windows of Amsterdam was not meant to suggest glass separated the girls from the customers. Just that the girls were essentially attached to a cubicle (or room, if you prefer) and you picked from among these girls and then went directly into the cubicle / room. Not set up for any pre-sale interactions (other than a few words) and really a bam-slam-thank-you ma'am situation. Although Classic or Travel are not places for extended conversations, particularly if one does not know Indonesian, the vibe is different. Indeed, the first indication is sessions are allotted one hour, whereas at Las Cucardas and the windows of Amsterdam, you are lucky to get 30 minutes. At least if my memory is correct.

Generally, Las Cucardas also reminds me of a few places I have visited in Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte where similarly the girls have rooms, and hang out either just outside each room, or more often in the room with the door open, waiting for customers. However, Las Cucardas may be a small step up from them in terms of cleaniness, and overall atmosphere. Also, you rarely see non-Brasileiros hanging out in those low-rent places in Brazil.

And to prevent any misunderstanding, I liked Las Curcardas when I visited Lima. I just am not so sure about the comparison between it and Classic or Travel other than they all are relatively inexpensive.

LifeIsABeach
04-11-16, 19:56
Unless I missed some that did exist. If so, maybe I should give it another try. I also never felt as safe in Lima as I do in Jakarta. I can honestly say I can't recall the name of a single place I went in Lima, but I did have locals as tour guides for the month I was there (as well as a former board member based in Lima). Should I give it another shot? I'm not far from there at the moment.

Free lancers were fairly easy to find in Lima. I could go to those discos under Tony Romas and meet girls there pretty easily. I would compare those discos to places like Dragonfly in Jakarta. I had much better luck at those places in Lima than I do at Dragonfly. haha. And there was a hooker bar near that big park where they have art work displayed during the day not too far from there that was awesome.Lima as you know is different from Jakarta. Jakarta has a lot more pussy readily available. So does Peru but you have to work a little bit. When I was there, right off the bat, I went to a sex party and collected phone numbers of the girls there. Using those contacts, I found that just about every girl was ready to introduce her "friends". All the time I was there, I screwed these women for a lot less then the freelancers on Pizza street or discos. Women are available there, just have to ask. I found Miraflores quite safe area, day and night. I tried Las Cucardas and Troc as a one time shot to see them as they are not up market places. I am not a one country only person and like to try different countries, be they be good or hard for mongering. It's fun. I do go to some countries multiple times if I like them.

Smoothy
04-12-16, 01:07
Sounds like I didn't miss much in Lima then. Although I did have a few stunners, I thought the girls in Peru were ugly in general compared to South American standards. Of the places I have been. The Argentine, Colombian, Brazilian and Venezuelan women were all superior by far (I consider them the be the best in the world). For price, quantity, and hotness, it seems Medellin is the place to go these days in South America.

On a side note, the sex at Hotel Classic is crap sex if you ask me. Kind of reminds me of worthless sex like you get in Amsterdam. The girls just lay there for the most part. Even though I am shagging young good looking girls there, I leave the place feeling sexually frustrated half the time. I have to admit I haven't been there in a couple of years now, but I have tried it many times thinking it had to get better and that I must have just been unlucky many times. However, as I walked out, I normally regretted going. On the other hand, I had some awesome shags in Peru with free lancers and only one dead fish.

So Gringo, did you pick your hotel near Classic?

DownUnderMonger
04-12-16, 03:48
My great dilemma for Peru holiday or Jakarta.
It's quite interesting to see a Jakarta vs. Lima discussion. This is a decision I make all the time.

As you see from my post history, I have a whole bunch of Lima stuff. I know basic Indonesian as well as basic Spanish and into lower end places.

For me its a Trocodero vs Kartika decision. I usually stay around the Mangga Besar area, as there are all the little cat bath places (ie Kartika / Aloha). Lima I've stayed around Miraflores, though next time I am planning on staying in San Miguel near La Marina / Elmer Falcett.

As for everything else there are a lot of differences. I feel a trip to Lima as a time travel to the 80's. The cars, buildings and music make me feel like I'm in the 80's. Yes there is Larco Mar / Jockey plaza (and that's about it), but Jakarta has your mega malls (ie. Taman anggrek, Plaza Indonesia etc).

Lima has very few 5 star options (Lima 5 star would be considered 3. 5/4 star in any western country). Also 5 star brothels, Jakarta has Marliboro / Alexis Hotel, but Lima relies on many small spas around Miraflores and San Isidro (Relax y Vida, Smik Sauna and similar). Prices are much more for 5 star in Lima than in Jakarta.

Lastly, and I think this is important thing is safety. Safety in Lima has dropping quite a bit since Humala, it has no convenient safe taxi option (ie. Jakarta's BlueBird). Martial Law has declared in the lower class brothel area (Callao) where it seems there is a gang war. I can only hope a safe President is elected in Peru (Keiko, Garcia, PPK) instead of another left wing lunatic, otherwise it could become another Venezuela.

Similarly, efforts by the national government in cleaning red light districts in Indonesia have resulted in the dropping of red light areas. Ie. Dolly in Surabaya, Kalijodo in Jakarta, but it seems to only be targeting lower class areas that are used by Muslims. Most of Jakarta's nightspots are used by Chinese Indonesians, while there has been talk of a crackdown nothing has happened yet.

LifeIsABeach
04-12-16, 06:03
For price, quantity, and hotness, it seems Medellin is the place to go these days in South America?Paraguay is the country. Paraguay is a laid back country and Asuncion is a laid back city in a very laid back country. It is land locked, no beaches and a road less travelled. No one goes there for visting. It is unspoiled. There is nothing to see and nothing to do. I went there as no one goes there. The people are very kind and the girls are gorgeous. They may be third after the Venezuelans and Argentinians. Very pretty and drop their panties quickly. The prices are very cheap as this is an unspoiled country. Not for everyone who is used to many malls or sight seeing. Just mongering destination. It can be a retirement destination too as there is something about this country that I liked. Women, laid back, cheap beer, good food, close to many Latin countries. There is the very rich areas too and the rich hotties are equally nice.

JaySF
04-28-16, 18:46
I will be staying next week at the Best Western Mangga Dua Hotel and Residence.

This is my first visit to Jakarta. Has anyone stayed here and have an opinion or experience. Good / bad.

Smoothy
04-28-16, 22:35

This is my first visit to Jakarta. Has anyone stayed here and have an opinion or experience. Good / bad.It's nothing special, but it's fine relative to other selections in that area. It's cheap so it's decent value for money.

Blacka0
04-30-16, 11:18
It's nothing special, but it's fine relative to other selections in that area. It's cheap so it's decent value for money.If this is your first time I wouldn't recommend this hotel its really north Jakarta very a lot of traffics jams around that area and its not that central location. I recommend that you stay at all seasons gajah mada its around the same price but much central just like grand Mercure but that hotel is a lot higher. All seasons gajah mada is near Malioboro and classic because you want to monger right hahahh.

LifeIsABeach
05-01-16, 06:22

This is my first visit to Jakarta. Has anyone stayed here and have an opinion or experience. Good / bad.I made a mistake in staying in Mangga Dua. Not close to mongering places.

LA Guy 5
05-01-16, 07:28
I made a mistake in staying in Mangga Dua. Not close to mongering places.I believe the Best Western is quite close to the Pangeran Jayakarta places such as Sari Ayu, LA Bar, Royal Massage, and MTR (and also the Orchardz Hotel Spa on Pangeran Jayakarta), but a bit of a distance (but only a bit) from the rest of the North Jakarta places such as Maribaya, Alexis, and Classic. Whether it is a good location depends on which mongering places one intends to visit.

Smoothy
05-01-16, 15:59
I made a mistake in staying in Mangga Dua. Not close to mongering places.You can basically walk across the street from Mangga Dua mal and go to M-Star. (if it's still open. I haven't been there in a few years and I think I heard it might be closed now.)

https://mstar-hotel.com/

If you want to stay near hotel classic (bigger and nicer venue), then stay at Red Top hotel.

BKKguru
05-15-16, 05:07
Google maps is showing that M-Star has "permanently closed". Too bad, it had some cute babes.

You can basically walk across the street from Mangga Dua mal and go to M-Star. (if it's still open. I haven't been there in a few years and I think I heard it might be closed now.)

https://mstar-hotel.com/

If you want to stay near hotel classic (bigger and nicer venue), then stay at Red Top hotel.

LA Guy 5
05-15-16, 12:32
I believe the Best Western is quite close to the Pangeran Jayakarta places such as Sari Ayu, LA Bar, Royal Massage, and MTR (and also the Orchardz Hotel Spa on Pangeran Jayakarta), but a bit of a distance (but only a bit) from the rest of the North Jakarta places such as Maribaya, Alexis, and Classic. Whether it is a good location depends on which mongering places one intends to visit.Just want to correct an error in the above post. I meant to say Malioboro, not Maribaya. As most here know, Maribaya is in the Blok M area in the Hotel Melawai. Malioboro is in or near North Jakarta.

Sorry about the error.

Fast Eddie 48
05-15-16, 20:18
Google maps is showing that M-Star has "permanently closed". Too bad, it had some cute babes.To bbk guru.

I stay at the Neo hotel at mangga dua last yr it was open then, I didn't see any girls I like price is little cheaper than hotel travel not far from only 15 min taxi from there also Panjay and Alexis is near by.

FE

Chuday
06-30-16, 20:25
Howdy,

Apologies in advance if what I'm going to ask has already been covered in the forum. But my search showed zero hits.

Anyways, my client has given me the choice to either stay at the JW Marriott Jakarta or Marriott Executive Apartments. They get preferred rates with the marriott brands. Need to know if either of these hotels are girl friendly if pulled in from BATS // CJ's. Last time I was staying at the Century (opposite to the stadium) and they were quite cool.

BTW, has anyone recently stayed at the Shangri-la? I'm wondering if it is easier if I just pay the diff out of pocket & stay there. Thoughts?

Chuday.

John Aldrich
07-01-16, 15:33
Howdy,

Apologies in advance if what I'm going to ask has already been covered in the forum. But my search showed zero hits.

Anyways, my client has given me the choice to either stay at the JW Marriott Jakarta or Marriott Executive Apartments. They get preferred rates with the marriott brands. Need to know if either of these hotels are girl friendly if pulled in from BATS // CJ's. Last time I was staying at the Century (opposite to the stadium) and they were quite cool.

BTW, has anyone recently stayed at the Shangri-la? I'm wondering if it is easier if I just pay the diff out of pocket & stay there. Thoughts?

Chuday.Marriott is girl friendly. But, the problem is that they have multiple security checks and are paranoid about it, because they have had two bomb blasts there. If you don't mind going throughout the pain of multiple security checks, then it's a good place. Also, your girl will not be able to hide her identity. I would suggest that you check into either Mulia or Shangrila or LE Meridien. You would not have to go through the walk of shame, either while entering or departing with the girl.

PhalloCentrist
07-01-16, 18:47
Howdy,

Chuday.I have stayed there a few times in years past. Very girl friendly. You can also pull from the hotel bar, WG or OL, although the pickings are slim.

My favorite is Loewy's bar down the road. With a bit of luck you might score a rich MILF who for a change is more interested in the bulge in the front of your pants rather than the back!

Security is not a hassle in practice. Just get the taxi to drop you on the road outside.

Smoothy
07-02-16, 03:29
Need to know if either of these hotels are girl friendly .This has been discussed many times on this forum, but there are no non girl friendly hotels in Jakarta (other than Sharia hotels which none of us would stay at anyway).

Chuday
07-09-16, 11:00
Hey JA,

Thank you! Hate the walk of shame. Will choose one of the 3 you suggested.

Chuday.

If you don't mind going throughout the pain of multiple security checks, then it's a good place. Also, your girl will not be able to hide her identity.

Chuday
07-09-16, 11:05
Hey Smoothy -.

Apologies in advance if I came across asking the same question. The information JA shared was exactly the information I was seeking. Next time I will raise my question more thoroughly.

Best.

Chuday.

This has been discussed many times on this forum, but there are no non girl friendly hotels in Jakarta (other than Sharia hotels which none of us would stay at anyway).

Chuday
07-09-16, 11:14
Thank you PhalloCentrist for the tip on Loewy's.

During my first trip to Jakarta I mistakenly ended up at JW Bar thinking that's where BATS is located. Ended up chatting up with the petite hostess who suggested that I visit Mulia (which happened to be her fav party joint) if I wanted to party. May be I was reading too much between the line but I thought I could pull her if I tried. I was eager to visit BATS so I bounced after our brief chit chat. And now we will never know if my intuition was right.

BTW, what's an OL?

I have stayed there a few times in years past. Very girl friendly. You can also pull from the hotel bar, WG or OL, although the pickings are slim.

Bkk212
08-18-16, 18:43
My update on hotels in Jakarta. I stayed at the Novotel and Akaya Suites this time. Novotel is great as usual but a lot of people around, it's definitely a long WOS. I so wanted to tyr the 2 girls scene but really was to scared because of the WOS. I have stayed here so any times that all the usual staff know me by first name as well as some of the hotel gym guests. But the hotel is nice, clean and has a fitness and pool. TV channels is ok not a lot of choices, WiFi is not that great keeps dropping out. Very friendly service by all staff. Previously the front desk staff wasn't that great in service but that has all changed now. Whenever you have "women who think they are gods gift to men" service is terrible. All changed now hire some average looking women and service improves tremendously.

Also stayed at Akaya suites near Ambassador mall in Kunnigan area. This is a new hotel so it's very clean, neat and affordable but rooms are small. I thought I would have issues with my dates as I saw many families in this hotel but no issue at all, very GF hotel. But when I was there, it had a lots of families and they watch you closely when bringing in a date, that was an awkward feeling. Small pool, small fitness area good restaurant on site, TV has lots of channels, WiFi was excellent, very reliable very fast.

Koperen Klaas
09-05-16, 23:06
<SNIP>

Also stayed at Akaya suites near Ambassador mall in Kunnigan area. This is a new hotel so it's very clean, neat and affordable but rooms are small. I thought I would have issues with my dates as I saw many families in this hotel but no issue at all, very GF hotel. But when I was there, it had a lots of families and they watch you closely when bringing in a date, that was an awkward feeling. Small pool, small fitness area good restaurant on site, TV has lots of channels, WiFi was excellent, very reliable very fast.The WOS is what you make of it. When I'm in Jakarta I usually stay in Hotel Century Park, for it's location and nice big rooms and beds. It's also, like the vast majority of hotels, completely girl-friendly. It has quite a large hall, with the front desk and elevators located opposite the main entrance. All the girls who come to the hotel ask me to wait for them in the hall, and they know that's in full view of the front desk. Usually there are many other guests in the hall. Nobody cares. I remember Shella walking in the front door in a spectacular ankle-length, bright red, body hugging dress. Anybody not noticing that must have been blind.

Regards,

Ko

Joel Goodsen
09-06-16, 05:34
The WOS is what you make of it. When I'm in Jakarta I usually stay in Hotel Century Park, for it's location and nice big rooms and beds. It's also, like the vast majority of hotels, completely girl-friendly. It has quite a large hall, with the front desk and elevators located opposite the main entrance. All the girls who come to the hotel ask me to wait for them in the hall, and they know that's in full view of the front desk. Usually there are many other guests in the hall. Nobody cares. I remember Shella walking in the front door in a spectacular ankle-length, bright red, body hugging dress. Anybody not noticing that must have been blind.

Regards,

KoKo, Karel, Klaas.

Haven't stayed Centure Park in ages, but it used to have a convenient back entrance. The one on the corner towards Ratu Plaza and Plaza Senayan. You would enter it and could take the lift straight up into the room. No need to cross the hotel's wide open lobby with a hot chick in tow. Another favorite hotel of mine is the Akmani. You can enter the lifts from the parking garage at street level.

BTW fantastic photo's.

FishNFly
09-06-16, 08:28
Anyone want to get together to hit the bars / parlors / clubs let me know. I used to live there for a few years. Will be staying in Kuningan area.

IllusionHeart
09-06-16, 18:38
The WOS is what you make of it.
Rightly said. An individual is more conscious of the WOS than the hotel staff or anyone in the lobby. Not the first time someone is getting a bird to the room in that hotel.

Having said anyone really wanting to avoid WOS can also keep Mercury Jakarta Kota as an option. I have stayed here 2 times. The reception is mostly unmanned with the night staff chatting in the room behind or there will be one guy at the counter who won't look up unless you went and stood in front of him asking out. At least this is what happened during my stay. The walk is also pretty short in front of the reception.

I am a regular at Century park in Manila and really enjoy my stay there. A high recommendation from me for people looking for a good hotel in Malate. I will definately want to stay at Century in Jakarta on my next visit subject to it being conducive to my daily itinerary.

Koperen Klaas
09-06-16, 20:29
Ko, Karel, Klaas.

Haven't stayed Centure Park in ages, but it used to have a convenient back entrance. The one on the corner towards Ratu Plaza and Plaza Senayan. You would enter it and could take the lift straight up into the room. No need to cross the hotel's wide open lobby with a hot chick in tow. Another favorite hotel of mine is the Akmani. You can enter the lifts from the parking garage at street level.

BTW fantastic photo's.The back entrance is still there, but taxis don't go there. When I'm with girl (s) I arrive by taxi at the main entrance. Nobody blinks an eye. Girls arriving by taxi also come in the front door. They don't care either about who is watching, or even enjoy the attention. See Shella I mentioned earlier and when Silfi walked into the lobby last May she turned quite a few heads.

Regards,

Ko

FreeMonger
09-07-16, 07:06
Which one is better? Novotel gajah mada or Santika hayam wuruk? Please help I need to book either of them.

Member #4716
09-07-16, 20:54
Ko,

How do you like Hotel Mercure Kota? Is it cheaper than WOS?

The WOS is what you make of it. When I'm in Jakarta I usually stay in Hotel Century Park, for it's location and nice big rooms and beds. It's also, like the vast majority of hotels, completely girl-friendly. It has quite a large hall, with the front desk and elevators located opposite the main entrance. All the girls who come to the hotel ask me to wait for them in the hall, and they know that's in full view of the front desk. Usually there are many other guests in the hall. Nobody cares. I remember Shella walking in the front door in a spectacular ankle-length, bright red, body hugging dress. Anybody not noticing that must have been blind.

Regards,

Ko

Koperen Klaas
09-07-16, 22:23
Ko,

How do you like Hotel Mercure Kota? Is it cheaper than WOS?I have never stayed in Mercure Kota, so I have no opinion on that hotel.

I'm not sure if you understand the meaning of WOS. It means Walk Of Shame and it is not a particular hotel. Some members don't feel comfortable walking with a girl towards the elevator to their room, hence the name. Other members, me included, don't mind if anybody watches (see my anecdote of Shella entering the Century Park lobby) but also not everybody in the lobby understands what they see. Some years back I mentioned what I saw in hotel Ibis Slipi. The organizers of a Pro Golf Tournament had arranged rooms in the hotel for a number of players and had also arranged for female company for every player. So every morning there was a lot of fond goodbyes at the front door which led to an elderly Dutch lady saying how remarkable it was that so many of the players were married to Indonesian women. The WOS exists mainly between your ears.

Regards,

Ko

Koperen Klaas
09-07-16, 22:53
Which one is better? Novotel gajah mada or Santika hayam wuruk? Please help I need to book either of them.Your name is appropriate. You only post questions and you are to lazy to RTFF, yet you complain that you don't get any help.

FreeMonger
09-08-16, 07:11
Your name is appropriate. You only post questions and you are to lazy to RTFF, yet you complain that you don't get any help.Let me visit at least then only I can post right? Is it wrong to get some information prior visiting? I didn't ask for any personal contacts or something, all I ask was for suggestions and few queries and you don't need to be rude for that if you don't want to answer then don't quote also ignore the post.

Member #4716
09-08-16, 07:20
Thanks for the reply, Ko.

Yeah, I remember reading that anecdote that you wrote about the golfers. Hilarious.

I have never stayed in Mercure Kota, so I have no opinion on that hotel.

I'm not sure if you understand the meaning of WOS. It means Walk Of Shame and it is not a particular hotel. Some members don't feel comfortable walking with a girl towards the elevator to their room, hence the name. Other members, me included, don't mind if anybody watches (see my anecdote of Shella entering the Century Park lobby) but also not everybody in the lobby understands what they see. Some years back I mentioned what I saw in hotel Ibis Slipi. The organizers of a Pro Golf Tournament had arranged rooms in the hotel for a number of players and had also arranged for female company for every player. So every morning there was a lot of fond goodbyes at the front door which led to an elderly Dutch lady saying how remarkable it was that so many of the players were married to Indonesian women. The WOS exists mainly between your ears.

Regards,

Ko

Robert Long
09-08-16, 18:34
I have never stayed in Mercure Kota, so I have no opinion on that hotel.

Regards,

KoConsidering the Dutch occupied Indonesia for many years, it would be a common assumption that the men had local wives. Still funny and naïve. And my respect to you and anyone that visits that hell hole Jakarta. The traffic and food is unbearable.

RL.

Koperen Klaas
09-08-16, 21:47
<SNIP> And my respect to you and anyone that visits that hell hole Jakarta. The traffic and food is unbearable.

RL.Come on! Traffic is only unbearable 90 % of the time. And there is decent food to be had in thousands of places, both Indonesian and non-Indonesian.

Regards,

Ko

UsPete
09-09-16, 10:46
Considering the Dutch occupied Indonesia for many years, it would be a common assumption that the men had local wives. Still funny and nave. And my respect to you and anyone that visits that hell hole Jakarta. The traffic and food is unbearable.

RL.One great benefit of Jakarta compared to it's neighbouring cities is every hotel I've stayed in has provided a Dutch Wife. Indeed most hotel staff don't bat an eyelid if I request a second one in the bed for the night.

Although when I suggest that the Dutch Wife should be more than 3 feet I do sometimes get funny looks. The Pullman in Central Park even gives you a choice of shapes and size of Wife!

Djakarta Rocks.

Koperen Klaas
09-09-16, 22:35
Let me visit at least then only I can post right? Is it wrong to get some information prior visiting? I didn't ask for any personal contacts or something, all I ask was for suggestions and few queries and you don't need to be rude for that if you don't want to answer then don't quote also ignore the post.First take the trouble of reading a couple of pages of the forum (also known as RTFF). I did a quick search of your posts and you have been posting only questions in various threads. Put some effort in it, young man, instead of leaning back and expecting others to do the work for you. Are you even serious about your intention to visit all the locations you are asking questions about?